Windows Support Forum

Installing wifi connection on my laptop

Q: Installing wifi connection on my laptop

Need help reinstallintg a wifi connection onto my toshiba laptop M115 S1061. I already downloaded a driver and went through the installation wizard and it still is not working. Please Help, I will be eagerly waiting a response

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Installing wifi connection on my laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Installing wifi connection on my laptop

Is there by chance a switch on the laptop you need to turn on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-wifi-connection-on-my-laptop.198286/
Relevancy 64.5%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 64.07%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best outcome.@ECHO THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK DIFFICULTIES.@ECHO...................................@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER LEVEL.@ECHO A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED BELOW.@ECHO....................................:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]...................................@ECHO.@ECHO 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 60.63%

bought a new printer today after our other two broke.
went to uninstall the other two and then went to install our new one on the main computer.
I have now lost connection with the wifi to this pc and only this one. (the internet still works on two laptops) unfortunately i need this computer for work and therefore need the internet quite urgently.
any ideas what's happened? perhaps uninstalled something by accident and if so what is it and what can i download?

thanks.

A:pc lost connection with wifi after installing a new printer and cannot reconnect?

Do you see the wireless network your trying to connect to? Does a wired connection work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-lost-connection-with-wifi-after-installing-a-new-printer-and-cannot-reconnect.1035247/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone I connection after stick installing wifi usb is Internet strange wanted to create a wifi hotspot using wifi usb stick connected to my desktop So I connected it installed drivers Rlink or RaLink basically chinese noname and tried to set up the hotspot Internet connection is strange after installing wifi usb stick It worked but my android phone was stuck at quot Obtaining IP address quot So I installed Connectify set up Internet connection sharing from the main adapter to the wireless adapter and Internet connection is strange after installing wifi usb stick it worked fine But since then the internet connection is wonky for example right now I'm downloading MB file for the fourth time because it had always been interrupted And the download usually stops for - seconds then downloads really fast and stops again I use Backblaze for backup and I can see the the average upload speed is mbit s before it was cca mbit s I uninstalled everything drivers connectify Cisco things which were installed together with Connectify Cisco LEAP Cisco PEAP uninstalled the main network adapter and reinstalled it using drivers from Windows update Realtek PCIe Family Controller But there is no improvement Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Internet connection is strange after installing wifi usb stick

Actually Ralink chips are used in a lot of name brand stuff. so that's not specifically good or bad in and of itself.

The first thing I would suggest in an attempt to help prevent 'wonkness' would be to make sure the usb port is not set to go low power or sleep.

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.

edit: you may also want to consider disabling ipv6 as some lower end devices don't really support it.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227165-internet-connection-strange-after-installing-wifi-usb-stick.html
Relevancy 57.62%

After I turn on my HP Pavilion g7 laptop, it will automatically connect to my Wi Fi and after a few minutes, it will just disconnect and it won't connect back again unless I shutdown the laptop and start over. Each time, it will only stay connected for just a few minutes. I don't know what the problem is. It only started doing this 2 days ago, it has always worked before, connect automatically and stay connected while I was using the laptop, now I have this problem where it will only connect when I turn on the laptop and just disconnect after a few minutes. I have other devices, phones and tablets that connect to my WiFi router and they don't have this problem. Please advise. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-g7-Laptop-WiFi-Connection/td-p/5661061
Relevancy 57.62%

Desktop is XP
Laptop is a Dell Vista
Wireless G belkin router

Came home from work yesterday and internet wasn't working. None of the ususal fixes worked so I had to call and get it working again. No idea what caused it not work in the first place.
So then my brother lets me know he can't get the laptop he used to connect to the internet. I check my laptop upstairs and it won't connect either. Have tried all kinds of things and nothing works.
If some one could give some step by step advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Amanda

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all. I have a laptop in my dorm room about less than block away and I have a very weak signal (1 bar or less) and I want to know if I could be able to hook on the net with the this network. I've gotten about 45,000 packets sent to me when I had 1 bar but none were received. This is probably because the signal is so weak. Is there anyway I can increase the network strength? Maybe I can buy something like a router or antenna or something to make it reach the network. I have no idea, I'm new to this stuff. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

A:Laptop Connection to WIFI Network

Is the WIFI provided by your school, or are you just picking up a signal from somebody's elses router??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connection-to-wifi-network.382444/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi the wifi connection on my laptop is very temperamental for last couple of days - keeps dropping off and then connects on its owns very randomly - keep I my loosing wifi laptop connection on also a lot of Microsoft services are stopped which hints towards I keep loosing wifi connection on my laptop some kind of virus on this system The DDS logs attached below as per posting guide Please help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Annushka at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated EAA A - EE - B - DA- C E SP Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated CBD - DB- AC-AF A- B A SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Kaspersky Internet I keep loosing wifi connection on my laptop Security Enabled B - E- A A-BE - A CE AEFF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS I keep loosing wifi connection on my laptop C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerSvc exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LMutilps exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Acer Registration GREGsvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager IScheduleSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrlHelper exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerEvent exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Dolby PCEE pcee exe C Program Files x Launch Manager MMDx Fx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Common Files Steam SteamService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files EgisTec IPS PMMUpdate exe C Program Files EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe C Windows system taskhost exe C ... Read more

A:I keep loosing wifi connection on my laptop

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492766/i-keep-loosing-wifi-connection-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 57.62%

Let's start it fast okay?
I own a laptop and a desktop.
And, I wanted to share connection between them via wifi.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx
This guide works on me.
But I encounter a problem while connecting to the host (My desktop)
It's like, you can't connect after you reset your connection or something, and it says "No Internet Access", and you can only connect just when your PC were freshly restart. IF you hand slipped and clicked the disconnect, you cannot connect just after you restart the PC again.
Steps repeated.

Anyone has idea about it?
Thank you

A:Problem connection between laptop and pc via wifi. HELP

Please update your system specs. The link is in my signature.

Are all computers running Windows 7? Which computer has the internet connection? Did you install the operating systems yourself, or did they come preinstalled? Did you install the drivers, or did Windows install them automatically? Do those computers support Windows 7? Have you reviewed any Windows 7 ad-hoc guides, or just the XP guide that you found?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41530-problem-connection-between-laptop-pc-via-wifi-help.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I just bought a new unstable new connection on laptop wifi laptop a Lenovo ideapad y running windows bit with a intel centrino wireless adapter and im currently experiencing internet flucuations at random intervals My internet speed is rated for mbs and when im lucky on wifi ill get up to mbs I could generally live with considering wifi is not exactly ideal but the download speeds will often drop unstable wifi connection on new laptop to - mbs and at times go to resetting the connection will sometimes bump it back up for a short while but it will again eventually drop down to minimal speeds to save time ill state the troubleshooting unstable wifi connection on new laptop methods ive already attempted uninstalled reinstalled wifi drivers updated wifi driver flushed dns cache via cmd exe updated other drivers aswell as performed windows updates uninstalled and replaced mcafee antivirus with avg ran ccleaner to uninstall bloatware along with fixing registry errors accessed my router and changed my wireless settings unstable wifi connection on new laptop and security settings my ping has begun to fluctuate aswell normally being around - ms now jumping from - id also like to clarify that i bought and returned an asus g windows laptop a few days ago encountering the same issue i at first thought it was the wireless adapter but now encountering this issue im beginning to question my router which is an actiontec v h thanks to all who reply nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstable-wifi-connection-on-new-laptop.1106035/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi gurus,

I'm having some problems suddenly with my wifi on my Windows 8.1 machine. This is a desktop PC with a small USB wifi-N adapter from TP-Link.
Every time I boot, it gets only a limited connection with my router. Simply disconnecting and reconnecting solves the issue.

The TCP/IP stack reset doesn't work. It gives me the "access denied" error. I have full permission over the netsh.exe (changed that already) and I run an elevated command prompt.

I have also already unmarked the "allow Windows to turn this device off" option, and also enabled the "allow download over metered connections" option.

This basically has me stranded ...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73088-win-8-1-limited-wifi-connection-not-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have previously requested help with this problem and I thought it solved by the generous help from another member but it would seem it was only a temporary fix as it is happening again I am connecting to my homehub via my laptop wirelessly with the aid of a pluscom usb adapter I have the latest drivers for this adapter installed the problem is that every now and then the connection will drop only for a very short time but long enough for windows to have to reestablish a connection and reobtain the IP address from dhcp This is while the windows wireless zero config is handling the connection whenever I switch over to pluscoms software I can t get a connection to the internet with laptop wifi on Problems connection it seems to connect to the homehub although I can t bring up the homehub s settings via my web browser Mozilla FF or using IE My connection used to be stable before these problems started and I was using pluscoms software to manage the connection this is causing a really annoying problem for me because I am unable to play online Problems with wifi connection on laptop games such as red alert because the connection is too unstable EDIT forgot to mention I am able to connect to the internet on my PS without any problems and i have tested the internet connection on my friends laptop which works no problem as well EDIT Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Dear Friends i have a problem installing a USB WiFi Dongle on my Laptop which is running Windows Ultimate x To be more specific My laptop is HP Pavilion dv ev and it's running Windows Ultimate bit The laptop works fine and there isn't any problem It's Wifi Network Adapter is Intel WiFi Link AGN and it has no problem A few days ago i bought USB WiFi Dongles TP-Link TL-WN N and Netis F which are both compatible with Windows bit Before using them on my laptop i tested the adapters on my desktop PC Windows bit and they work perfectly fine Afterwords i tried to install them on my Laptop but unfortunately i wasn't able to make them work I will try to describe in detail the problems that appear because usb running Problem installing wifi x64 laptop dongle win7 on they are common to both USB wifi Adapters Note i try to install adapter every time the reason i bought the nd adapter is to check if there was a problem with the first one i bought The steps i followed were A First TRY Disable the Intel WiFi Link AGN which is on the laptops motherboard Install the Drivers amp the Utilities from the CD Included in the box The USB WiFi Adapters where installed - I checked in the Device Manager Working Fine a The USB wifi adapters cant find wireless networks on Network and Sharing Center and Device Manager the USB Adapters appear enable b Sometime the USB Adapters appear on Network and Sharing Center Disabled and i can not make them enable on Device Manager the adapters appear to work fine When i run DIAGNOSE Wireless Network Connections i get the message quot There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless Network Connection Adapter quot B Second Try I followed the above steps but i used the latest drivers and utility i have downloaded from the TP LInk and Netis Websites Problem installing usb wifi dongle on laptop running win7 x64 The problem still persists c Third Try I followed the steps on FIRST TRY but i used UPDATE DRIVERS option on Device Manager Problem installing usb wifi dongle on laptop running win7 x64 to update the drivers The drivers were up to date Problem installing usb wifi dongle on laptop running win7 x64 The problem persists d Fourth Try I tried to install the USB adapters on different laptops Lenovo windows bit and HP Probook Windows Home bit but the same problems appear e Fifth try I formatted my laptop upgrade the BIOS to the last Version Update the windows The problem persists f Next Tries I check Service WLNA Autoconfig and i found working fine STARTED and set to AUTOMATIC I disable FIREWALL and ANTIVIRUS nothing again I tried on CMD the ipconfig all command but the Adapter is not Found Please Help me What do i do wrong are there any more setting i can try Best regards George

A:Problem installing usb wifi dongle on laptop running win7 x64

Sometimes it helps to unplug the modem/router from the power for a few minutes then restart it as well as restart the computer. Don't worry about using 3rd party utilities to find and log into your network as Windows mostly manages it well enough and it saves you having another program running in the background

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349008-problem-installing-usb-wifi-dongle-laptop-running-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Dear Friends i have a problem installing a USB WiFi Dongle on my Laptop which x64 Dongle Installing Win7 a USB Laptop Running a on WiFi Problem is running Win Ultimate x To be more specific My laptop is HP Pavilion dv ev and it's running Windows Ultimate bit The laptop works fine Problem Installing a USB WiFi Dongle on a Laptop Running Win7 x64 and there isn't any problem It's Problem Installing a USB WiFi Dongle on a Laptop Running Win7 x64 Wifi Network Adapter is Intel WiFi Link AGN and it has no problem A few days ago i bought USB WiFi Dongles TP-Link TL-WN Problem Installing a USB WiFi Dongle on a Laptop Running Win7 x64 N and Netis F which are both compatible with Windows bit Before using them on my laptop i tested the adapters on my desktop PC Windows bit and they work perfectly fine Afterwords i tried to install them on my Laptop but unfortunately i wasn't able to make them work I will try to describe in detail the problems that appear because they are common to both USB wifi Adapters Note i try to install adapter every time the reason i bought the nd adapter is to check if there was a problem with the first one i bought The steps i followed were A First TRY Disable the Intel WiFi Link AGN which is on the laptops motherboard Install the Drivers amp the Utilities from the CD Included in the box The USB WiFi Adapters where installed - I checked in the Device Manager Working Fine a The USB wifi adapters cant find wireless networks on Network and Sharing Center and Device Manager the USB Adapters appear enable b Sometime the USB Adapters appear on Network and Sharing Center Disabled and i can not make them enable on Device Manager the adapters appear to work fine When i run DIAGNOSE Wireless Network Connections i get the message quot There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless Network Connection Adapter quot B Second Try I followed the above steps but i used the latest drivers and utility i have downloaded from the TP LInk and Netis Websites The problem still persists c Third Try I followed the steps on FIRST TRY but i used UPDATE DRIVERS option on Device Manager to update the drivers The drivers were up to date The problem persists d Fourth Try I tried to install the USB adapters on different laptops Lenovo windows bit and HP Probook Windows Home bit but the same problems appear e Fifth try I formatted my laptop upgrade the BIOS to the last Version Update the windows The problem persists f Next Tries I check Service WLNA Autoconfig and i found working fine STARTED and set to AUTOMATIC I disable FIREWALL and ANTIVIRUS nothing again I tried on CMD the ipconfig all command but the Adapter is not Found Please Help me What do i do wrong are there any more setting i can try Best regards George

A:Problem Installing a USB WiFi Dongle on a Laptop Running Win7 x64

The solution was very simple!!

Thnks to the TP-Link Support team the problem was solved.

SOLUTION
1. Remove the Driver and Utility of the TP-Link USB WiFi Adapter
2. Start windows 7 in SAFE MODE
3. Install only the Latest Driver for the adapter
4. And it works!!

Thnks all of you for your help and Support.

Best Regards,
George

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/348961-problem-installing-usb-wifi-dongle-laptop-running-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This is soooo depressing nbsp I bought a brand new HP Envy laptop notebook six months ago in July nbsp It was the most expensive laptop in the shop but because it was Hewlett Packard and because it had serious processing power compared to the others I spent the money and expected I would be getting a top-of-the-range product nbsp It worked pretty well albeit rather slowly I thought for about two months nbsp Then one day it just seemed to 'forget' that it had a wireless adapter installed nbsp No wireless connection no adapter nothing nbsp So I took it back to the shop and they sent it for repair nbsp It took weeks nbsp It had to be factory reset which means removing everything on it and reinstating it nbsp That in itself is seriously disruptive to anyone's busy life nbsp But WIFI connection and laptop HP problems Envy I gritted HP Envy laptop and WIFI connection problems my teeth and let it all happen nbsp It came back and it was working it seemed to be HP Envy laptop and WIFI connection problems faster and the wireless connection was uninterrupted nbsp Until today months after the repair nbsp Today I wanted to print using wi-fi direct nbsp So I fiddled about and eventually managed to get my HP laptop talking to my HP printer in another room via wi-fi direct nbsp Once nbsp Then HP Envy laptop and WIFI connection problems it stopped and would not start printing again nbsp So after a while I gave up on that and went back to do other stuff nbsp Only to find that the wifi connection was dropping out every few seconds nbsp Connect Limited gone connect limited gone nbsp Until eventually it just left altogether with the cryptic message Cannot connect to this network as if it was a somewhat unpleasant thing I had asked it to do nbsp nbsp So I looked it up on the HP forums nbsp And have been devastated to discover pages and pages and pages and pages of similar messages going back to all of them complaining about this exact same issue nbsp Clearly Hewlett Packard have taken their customers' complaints seriously because FOUR YEARS after the first one appeared they have completely failed to fix the problem nbsp What on earth is going on Hewlett Packard nbsp Anyway I did eventually find a piece of useful information in amongst all the distressing messages from equally unhappy HP customers nbsp And that was nbsp disable bluetooth nbsp If you disable bluetooth on a HP Envy the wifi connection miraculously works nbsp AND IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS nbsp It's now just for context nbsp nbsp My question is nbsp is there another permanent solution to this that HP knows about and which will not require me to disable an important part of my Envy's functionality nbsp Because doing that kind of removes the Envy component of the name you see nbsp Why anyone would call a laptop Envy in the first place is a bit beyond my understanding but having to disable bluetooth so that the wifi works kind of makes it 'Unenvious' really nbsp nbsp Anyway HP it really is time you sorted this issue out nbsp Please advise nbsp

A:HP Envy laptop and WIFI connection problems

Hello @LP54A?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? There may always be an issue when using Bluetooth and Wireless devices in the same area.  Bluetooth and Wifi, both send signals over a 2.4GHz frequency, and therefore can cause interference with each other.  This issue is not specific to hardware or manufacturer.  Try reviewing the following documents, and let me know how it goes:HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-laptop-and-WIFI-connection-problems/td-p/5438455
Relevancy 57.19%

Hiya For a while I ve been experiencing that my download and upload speeds seem to vary wildly while on my computer however they always seem to be MUCH lower than on my laptop When using speedtest net Wifi slow on but not desktop on laptop connection my laptop tends to average around mbps downloading and mbps uploading Occasionally my desktop will peak and be slightly better best I ve seen today is mbps and mbps uploading but the grand majority of the time it seems to hover at around mbps download and or mbps upload I don t understand why this is Wifi connection slow on desktop but not on laptop Things I have tried Updating to Windows on desktop not that I am on my laptop Updating the drivers for my TRENDnet Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter wireless adapter tried no need as they re up to date Turning off power saving mode I don t know why this was enabled on a desktop but it was Turning off the windows option to quot disconnect this device to save power quot Cleaning in the inside of my desktop tower Changing my IPv DNS server values And I have also tried running a full virus scan malware scan and uninstalling every program I installed in the last month And I know it is almost certainly not interference due to the fact that my laptop sits directly above my PC tower both a whole floor away from the router and the laptop does okay For the sake of checking I have tried moving the laptop to a different room but that is not the cause of the problem In addition to the speedtest net results given earlier when going to network and sharing centre and clicking on my connection the speed is listed as mbps but often jumps all the way to exactly mbps with no figures in between Very occasionally I see mbps but that will be not very often at all I live in a rural part of England in the UK and my ISP is Plusnet if this is relevant My security type is WPA -Personal I am also a video game streamer both for watching and making my own content I mention this not as a promotional thing but it means my usage for the internet is quite high I am not especially tech-savvy so I mention that in case it matters Sorry if I have missed any relevant information and sorry to come to you with this problem I have tried sorting it on my own and even tried waiting for over a week to see if the problem would stop on its own but it s not I d be ever so grateful to anyone who can help It is worth noting that my signal strength on my computer varies but it tends to hover between and bars out of Is the issue purely on that And if so what would you recommend nbsp

A:Wifi connection slow on desktop but not on laptop

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-slow-on-desktop-but-not-on-laptop.1156455/
Relevancy 57.19%

Can't connect after windows update. Have tried everything to connect to home wifi. Reset EVERYTHING. Uninstalled and reinstalled wifi driver. Used system restore to roll back updates by windows. Followed sugestions on this forum and others. Flushed DNS. Tried to reset TCP/IP stack but failed access denied. I have tried so many suggestions I can't even remember them all. Here is screenshot of ipconfig/all:
Attachment 55232

A:Windows 8 laptop limited wifi connection

Did you install KB3004394 update? Try uninstalling it. It created havoc on 7 systems but have heard of it causing trouble on a few 8 systems as well. Can't hurt to try it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58447-windows-8-laptop-limited-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Every few minutes, my laptop looses connectivity with my router which requires me to reconnect manually.  Other devices behave normally.Sometime, when I run the trouble-shoot function, this resets the adaptor, which will often resolve the issue for a temporary period of time. Lastly, despite attempting to make adjustments to the power settings, the laptop will go to sleep after just a couple of minutes.  This is even with the settings set to "Never".  Don't know if this is connected to the general issues regarding wifi connection. Appreciate some help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-Laptop-dropping-wifi-connection/td-p/5795571
Relevancy 57.19%

well i already use a program From Baid i How My Make LAN Problem At and Laptop WiFi Connection To want to play game with friend so they connect their laptop to my WiFi from a How To Make LAN Connection At My Laptop and WiFi Problem Program they laptop shows it already connected so they launch the game and create a room at Multiplayer well i have friend so we have laptops here included mine my friends can join the room that my other friends create but when i trying to find the room i can't find it why my friend can join the room but why i can't join it acctually i can't find the room i think it's weird because it was my WiFi so why only me that cannot find the room Then i hear i can make my own WiFi without any program to share like LAN connection from laptop can anybody help me or guide me to make it ah and there another problem at my school i connect my laptop to my school WiFi it connected but i can't browse anything because there's no connection maybe the adapter is broken because i change it because i want to test my game last night someone please help me SorryForBadEnglish

A:How To Make LAN Connection At My Laptop and WiFi Problem

While I used Windows 8 [before rolling to W7Pro], I noticed that sometimes I was "connected," but there was no "interneting." For troubleshooting, I would dial back some of my security [antivirus, antimalware, antispyware] settings -- not to "Zero" [no proection], simply from moderate to light protection [i.e. Windows Firewall & MSE] -- and test. Once successfully "interneting," I would slowly bring back my normal security settings, testing from time to time. The regular w8f-techs will be along sooner or later to offer advice. Programs like Bitdefender, Avast, AVG, etc. can be too-assertively set, check those settings if you use any one of those blockbusters.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60849-how-make-lan-connection-my-laptop-wifi-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i have PC s amp Laptop we ll call them PC BC amp LT the problem is with LT PC is connected wirelessly BC is wired to the router LT is wireless with Atheros AR G built in i downloaded this http pcpitstop com store exterminate asp on the LT ran the scan and uninstalled it because it didn t remove the spyware after that the LT started acting up i couldn t search for the word spyware couldn t click the category anti-virus amp spyware downloads download com amp couldn t do anything with the word spyware couldn t even Laptop internet wifi problems connection having my with install anti-spyware programs downloaded from the other PC s Everytime I tried the browsers IE CrazyBrowser amp Firefox would close by themselves Tried to run having problems with my Laptop wifi internet connection scans but the scanners would close automatically also so we thought to do a factory restart restoring it from out of box state finished that now it doesn t want to connect to the internet checked PC amp BC to see if they were still able to connect internet shows up fine except for LT when LT is connected with the Ethernet cable Internet is fine webpages show up but once disconnected and using the wifi internet doesn t show up The wifi is ON and I have set the settings on it WiFi does read the router and says it s Excellent with all the bars lit green but internet still doesn t show up It has worked just a couple of hours ago just before installing that program from PC Pitstop so we did the fatcory restart again thinking we might have missed something but still Nothing I tried using the disc again to install drivers for the Atheros AR G also tried downloading a driver for it from the internet using the other PC s That didn t work either even though the signal is excellent i can t even access the router from the LT accessing router from the PC s is good so any help would be greatly appreciated XPHomeSP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-my-laptop-wifi-internet-connection.696286/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am using an HP Pavilion dv with a Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N network adapter trying to connect to the wifi router on campus from my dorm room The routers are placed in the common areas so I do not receive a very strong signal in my room but it works good enough for my Android phone to connect just fine and have a reasonable speed My laptop on the other hand which works fine in the common areas with good signals at times struggles to get internet I have episodes where I can connect just fine and receive sufficient Wifi internet connected no but to Laptop connection speed but then at other times I connect to the wifi but I cannot connect to the internet I click Diagnose on the Wireless Network Connection Status which runs and claims to find an error which is fixed by resetting the wireless adapter Rarely does this actually Laptop connected to Wifi but no internet connection fix the problem though I am curious as to what could be causing this spotty internet connection with my laptop when my phone always works just fine Could it be something with HP s default WLAN manager I read something about updating to Intel s wifi manager but I could not get the update to work with my Windows -bit OS Does anyone have some insight that can make my laptop connect better nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, My laptop losses it's WiFi connection immediately after startup, I have to restart to regain a connection and keep it. This happens every time I turn it on and no matter where I am. I'm running windows 10 now but this has been happening since upgrading
from win7 to win8. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1c99ac7-4d4f-47f9-b574-16c15195a106/laptop-loses-wifi-connection-upon-startup?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.19%

i have PC s wifi connection Having internet Laptop my problems with amp Laptop we ll Having problems with my Laptop wifi internet connection call them PC BC amp LT the problem is with LT PC is connected wirelessly BC is wired to the Having problems with my Laptop wifi internet connection router LT is wireless with Atheros AR G built in i downloaded this http pcpitstop com store exterminate asp on the LT ran the scan and uninstalled it because it didn t remove the spyware after that the LT started acting up i couldn t search for the word spyware couldn t click the category anti-virus amp spyware downloads download com amp couldn t do anything with the word spyware couldn t even install anti-spyware programs downloaded from the other PC s Everytime I tried the browsers IE CrazyBrowser amp Firefox would close by themselves Tried to run scans but the scanners would close automatically also so we thought to do a factory restart restoring it from out of box state finished that now it doesn t want to connect to the internet checked PC amp BC to see if they were still able to connect internet shows up fine except for LT when LT is connected with the Ethernet cable Internet is fine webpages show up but once disconnected and using the wifi internet doesn t show up The wifi is ON and I have set the settings on it WiFi does read the router and says it s Excellent with all the bars lit green but internet still doesn t show up It has worked just a couple of hours ago just before installing that program from PC Pitstop so we did the fatcory restart again thinking we might have missed something but still Nothing I tried using the disc again to install drivers for the Atheros AR G also tried downloading a driver for it from the internet using the other PC s That didn t work either even though the signal is excellent i can t even access the router from the LT accessing router from the PC s is good so any help would be greatly appreciated XPHomeSP nbsp

A:Having problems with my Laptop wifi internet connection

Try performing an XP repair:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-laptop-wifi-internet-connection.101668/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
My laptop(window 8 pc) is not detecting wifi created by any androide mobile phone. but It is detecting all the other wifi.
Please help me regarding this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-b-w-laptop-and-android-mobile.1103947/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a desktop and a laptop both Windows Home bit using Internet Explorer The desktop is Ethernet connection the laptop is wifi the DSL router is wifi provided by AT amp t I really don't recall seeing the problem with the desktop and I get it a lot with the laptop But I don't use the desktop nearly as much The problem a to connection from laptop intermittent wifi router lot of times connection to wifi router from laptop intermittent I will open IE and click on one of it's news articles or something I want to see and it will not connect to the article or web site I get a connection to wifi router from laptop intermittent notice such as quot The Wire HG-B gateway does not currently detect a DSL signal quot When I look at the lower taskbar where it shows wifi connections it shows my 'handle' and says 'connected' I'll have to close the browser try to open it again and after a bit I can usually get it to connect but it sure is annoying Occasionally connection to wifi router from laptop intermittent I will right click and then click to open it in another tab and sometimes I can get it to open But it seems like I have to keep fighting the connection issues I have rebooted the router several times it keeps happening I'm running McAfee on the desktop Microsoft Security on the laptop This has been going on for months I'm finally getting tired of it --any ideas to help is appreciated I'm not that experienced with computers so it could be something simple and I just don't know about it But any help is appreciated

A:connection to wifi router from laptop intermittent

If possible I would connect the Laptop with an Ethernet cable and see if the problem continues. This will eliminate the Wi-Fi as a problem. From the error message it sounds like a DSL problem with you ISP

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/313938-connection-wifi-router-laptop-intermittent.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I would like to ask for help as I have this problem with my Wifi I'm using a home router And only my laptop that on Wifi No But Internet My Worked Laptop Connection affected with the problem All the other user in my house don't have this problem And It was happened recently on nd of November all Wifi Worked But No Internet Connection on My Laptop the sudden I could connect to this forum using my LAN cable My laptop is Vaio E Series VPCEA FG and Os is Windows Home premium bit Is this a wired or wireless connection issue Wireless Who is your Internet Service Provider ISP Indonesian ISP Fastnet firstmedia What type of Broadband connection are you using Cable What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem Router or Modem Router Combo D-Link DIR- What is the Name of the Anti-Virus Security or Firewall Software installed from the problematic computer I have none right now I was using McAfee then Zonealarm Because of the problem I'm temporarily uninstalled my ZA How to run and post an ipconfig all output of the computer s in question for review Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name ser-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - -CF- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - -CF- -FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Nopember Lease Expires Nopember Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - - E-CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Nopember Lease Expires Nopember Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Xiruss Wi-Fi Inspector attached in the thumbnails Please help me thank you very much

A:Wifi Worked But No Internet Connection on My Laptop

Because you had McAfee installed you need to use the special uninstall procedure to remove it completely from your system per the link below.
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

You may have better luck using WPA2 security with AES encryption rather than the outdated, unsecure and slower WEP security. You can change these settings in the routers control panel.

You appear to have a valid IP here so most likely something is blocking or interfering with the connection.

You will also want to disable the Microsoft virtual adaptor by using the following commands at an elevated command prompt, typed or copy/paste them one at a time hitting enter after each one.

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310519-wifi-worked-but-no-internet-connection-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Just got a new laptop with Windows 10 - it seems it can only connect to the wifi router if my old xp laptop is switched off. How do I get them to be able to share? If xp one is connected and I turn new one on - the wifi connection is lost for both of them and the router has to reboot. I would be very grateful if someone could suggest how to change the settings in some way so they could both be connected at the same time. I didn't have this problem with old laptop and tablet being connected together so suspect it is something in the Windows 10 one causing the problem. All suggestions would be most welcome.

A:new Windows 10 laptop gubs wifi connection for xp

Just in case anyone else has the same problem: I spoke to both John Lewis and HP and both said they had never heard of this problem and to take the laptop back for a replacement. Router was working perfectly with everything else - laptops, smart phones etc - only problem was with the HP Envy. So I tried it with different router just in case that would save me a trip back to John Lewis and lo and behold it works perfectly. Seems there is some incompatibility issue between Thomson router and HP Envy.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/new-windows-10-laptop-gubs-wifi-connection-xp-4596490/
Relevancy 57.19%

So I was on the interwebs lol and all of a sudden my laptop lost connection. I thought "really? my internet is out again" so I check my phone and the internet is completely fine. So I had to restart my pc to fix the problem. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened since I've had my pc. What could cause this problem and how do I make sure it never happens again?

A:Laptop randomly lost wifi connection?

First off it is the Internet, not Interwebs. Second off is that if you want someone to take your post serious, do not use kiddie terms like LOL.

So you did a Websearch. As for your issue, none of us have any clue what is going on with why our laptop is disconnecting.

Until you post if this is happening on a Public or Private Hotspot, there is really nothing else to tell you. Same as not knowing what Wifi Chipset that your unit has.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72081-laptop-randomly-lost-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I know this sounds like a crazy question but i travel a lot and i like to play my PS3. When i go to a new hotel some have a open internet connection and others don't. I want to connect my laptop to the wifi and share it to a separate router with a WPA2-PSK so that i have a more secure connection on the play station. Now first is this even possible to do? I use to beable to share my internet connection from my phone through my laptop to my ps3. Now when i try to do that just with the wifi in the hotels it doesnt have a high enough security setting. any information will help.
Thanks a lot!!

A:Share a wifi connection through a laptop to a router

Now when i try to do that just with the wifi in the hotels it doesnt have a high enough security setting. any information will help. Click to expand...

Maybe, but some information could help more than others. What/who says not "a high enough security setting"? What OS are you using? Trying to bridge the connections or use ICS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/share-a-wifi-connection-through-a-laptop-to-a-router.1070882/
Relevancy 57.19%

I've run into a really annoying issue with my Toshiba laptop running Windows It uses the Realtek E wireless NIC I recently in January ditched my WRT N router for a Netgear WNDR The WRT N got hit by a surge in December and started losing its settings every few days and needing to be reconfigured from scratch every few days I'd had it for two years and never been satisfied with range or speed Netgear worked fine at first I tested it with my desktop machine which is connected wirelessly and runs Windows and with my laptop which also runs Windows and connects wirelessly A few weeks ago the issues 7 connection WiFi laptop Windows laptop started having weird problems Intermittently every - seconds a little yellow exclamation mark would appear over the bars showing internet strength and the laptop wouldn't Windows 7 laptop WiFi connection issues be able to access anything Then the exclamation mark would go away and I'd be able to use it then seconds later it would be back and I'd lose connectivity again When it's working it's slow it's dropped from getting speeds of about Mbps for file transfer to about Kbps Further consistently since the problem started occurring my wife has run into an issue where if she tries logging into Facebook the laptop will just sit there and read and read and Windows 7 laptop WiFi connection issues read but never get in We can walk away come back minutes later and Windows 7 laptop WiFi connection issues the little icon for IE is still spinning telling us it's still trying to load the page Same thing with logging into Toys R Us ca Oftentimes if we try going to those sites the wireless connection will drop The exclamation point appears and refuses to go away and if we disconnect and reconnect it won't reconnect Only way to connect is to reboot then the problem just starts happening all over again I took a look and logged into my own profile on the laptop and the problem also occurred there So I tried installing Windows SP Same problem I then upgraded the firmware for the router to the latest Same problem So I did a Windows Restore and then tried installing SP all over again Problem persists I tested from my desktop machine which is connected wirelessly to the router Facebook Toys R Us and everything else load perfectly Never disconnects So I unboxed an old laptop we were throwing out that still has a wireless G card on Windows XP and we tried it and it connects perfectly to the router Never disconnects and accesses Facebook and Toys R Us fine Speeds are also fine I tried disabling the wireless NIC on the laptop and connecting the laptop to the router via LAN cable Works fine Then unplugged turned wireless on again and problem came back At that point I thought maybe it was an indicator the wireless NIC on the laptop was faulty going For a last check I brought the laptop with me to the local Starbucks and connected to the Bell Hotspot Works fine Facebook and Toys R Us work perfectly Doesn't disconnect Speeds are fine Bring the laptop home minutes later disconnection problems start up again and can't get onto Facebook or Toys R Us Any ideas as to what could be going on here It's almost like for the first days I had the new router everything worked perfectly After about days all of a sudden that one specific laptop just doesn't want to quot play nice quot Other computers work fine with that router That laptop works fine with other routers It just seems to not like my router all of a sudden Pleb

A:Windows 7 laptop WiFi connection issues

Could you please provide the exact model of the laptop for us?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/151163-windows-7-laptop-wifi-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi can anyone help me out here . Reset my netgear modem yesterday and cannot connect to my wifi network with my laptop . It is seeing the network but a big red cross next to it and underneath it says the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network Any help would be very much appreceited

A:Carn't connect laptop to wifi connection?

i suspect that maybe an issue with the wireless security, when you reset, did you enter a new wireless security key - try removing the wireless profiles on your PC - if the below does not work then we would like to see a lot more info - see further down post
Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
--

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start
control panel
network connections
right click on the wireless connection listed
wireless networks tab
in the preferred network list
click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to have information please.

- Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
- Make and Exact model of Router, Modem or router/modem combination
- Make and Exact model of all PCs and Laptops
- How are the PCs / Laptops connected - full details - cable, wireless
- What windows version or other OS are running on each laptop Xp, Vista, 7, ubuntu etc
- Are there any other machines working - if so please provide details
- Do you have a Firewall - if so it may be blocking access - what firewall / security program do you have ?
- If using wireless, do you have Encryption - if so, Remove any wireless encryption from the router, and try to connect - post back results
- If using wireless encryption, try deleting the wireless profiles - post back results
- Most laptops have a wireless switch - some a physical switch other use a combination of the FN key + one of the F key to toggle on/off - make sure this is on
- If you have a router and seperate modem and NONE of the computers you have can connect, then connecting directly to the modem to eliminate the router for testing.
- Post back the status of all the modem and/or router lights - are they correct ?
- Try booting into safe mode with networking, to do that tap F8 as the PC boots and choose from menu - post back the results here
- Try doing a system restore to a date before the problem start - post the result here

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
en... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/carnt-connect-laptop-to-wifi-connection.911243/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have two laptops here at home that I run through a wireless router for my internet. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite series laptop running Windows Vista and is giving me absolutely no problems whatsoever. My wife's on the other hand is losing connection from the internet about every hour or so. It's not happening at any certain interval but sporadic. When this happens she has to use the Repair my Connection option several times to get the internet back working again. Her laptop is a Sony Vaio running Windows Vista 64 bit.

I wondered to start with if the 64 bit was the problem. I've updated my routers internal software. It's a Netgear wireless router. Anything else I need to add? Help?

-Frank

A:Laptop dropping wifi connection at home - Help!

Check Sony's site for any update wireless drivers for her laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-dropping-wifi-connection-at-home-help.858333/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

Basicly my laptop is like 1 year old. My wifi works just fine I can connect to any router/hotspot. But when I go to school I just can't connect to the wifi in school and everyone else can. It just says: Could not connect to the network but it shows it's available. My friends get a login page like this: http://i.imgur.com/zdUiD2A.jpg (picture found on google).
I litterly tried EVERYTHING that I could do.. I searched hours on the internet and tried alot it just doesn't seem to work.
Please help me out!

Thanks

A:Laptop school wifi connection issues [Need help ASAP]

- Network and Sharing Center - Manage Wireless Networks - Delete the school one and try re-connecting
- Disable firewall
- Run services.msc and see if you have Bonjour service running, stop and try if so
- Try Safe Mode with Networking
- Re-install/update wireless driver
- Run cmd as admin: netsh winsock reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381965-laptop-school-wifi-connection-issues-need-help-asap.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi! My hp laptop doesn't get signal from my belkin wireless router. It picks up my neighbor's unsecured signals, but mine says "local only". My ipod touch doesnt get any problem picking up my router's signal. I can only use the internet when i connect my ethernet cable. I don't see any problem with my router (coz the ipod picks it up), as well as my laptop (it picks up other signals!) so it's so frustrating!!! i also checked if it's compatible with vista (it is!) so i have no idea why they're not connecting!!!

my OS is vista
HP laptop
Belkin router...

im sorry but im not much of a techie... if you need more info, just send me a message here please.

any help is much appreciated.

thanks

A:my laptop doesnt get wifi connection from my router, only thru ethernet

Hi Jhaenine,

The problem seems to be with the wireless computer only. Because the other wireless device shows connected to the wireless network. To isolate this issue, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks (on the left hand side of the page).
2. Remove all the preferred wireless networks if any listed on the page.
3. Click on Connect to a network > select your wireless network and click connect.
4. Type in the proper wireless security keys if prompted, that would show successfully connected to the wireless network.
5. Try going online and that should work. If the problem persists, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Network Connections (on the left hand side of the page) > Right click on Wireless Network Connection > Properties > Highlight Internet Protoco Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) > Properties.
2. Select "use the following ip address" > type in the ip address in the range of 192.168.2.xxx (Where x refers to 2 to 254) > Subnet mask will be automatically 255.255.255.0 and type in the default gateway as 192.168.2.1
3. Select "use the following DNS" > type in 4.2.2.1 in the preferred and 4.2.2.2 in the alternate DNS and click ok and ok.

That must work.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-doesnt-get-wifi-connection-from-my-router-only-thru-ethernet.883401/
Relevancy 56.33%

Good day Due to my coming posting to a place without a wifi connection for my tablet I decided to turn my laptop I No connection laptop turned after hotspot wifi internet into my into a wifi hotspot I googled and found this post How to turn your Windows laptop into a wireless hotspot News TechRadar I thought quot Hey that's cool quot So I did everything mentioned No internet connection after I turned my laptop into wifi hotspot there to the letter It worked my laptop was able to create its own hotspot which was well cool I connected my tablet to the new wifi connection It did work but I had no internet connection So I assume that whatever I did it disconnected my wireless adapter to created the hotspot So I thought that's fine I'll just use a network cable Now here's the real problem I disconnected No internet connection after I turned my laptop into wifi hotspot the connection but my wireless network on my laptop told me that I had no internet connection I checked my tablet and reconnected the tablet to my home wireless network It worked fine I'm posting this using my tablet on home wireless No issue with my laptop nor the hardware because prior to following the tutorial my wireless network works just fine I tried disabling the device in Network amp Sharing No difference I stopped hostednetwork No difference I disallowed hostednetwork No difference As a last ditched effort I turned on the system restore and reverted back to an earlier point That finally work My laptop finally has an internet connection again So my question is what actually happened here and if I encounter this again what should I do apart from turning back to a restore point Perhaps someone more experienced than me can shed me some light Thanks in advance

A:No internet connection after I turned my laptop into wifi hotspot

To my knowledge the WiFi adapter work as either a connection point to a WiFi router/Wireless access point or AS a wireless Access Point, WiFi Hot Spot, but not both. So you would need to connect the notebook to a router (internet connection) with a Ethernet cable. Then the computer will take the internet from the Cable and send it out to connected devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/257969-no-internet-connection-after-i-turned-my-laptop-into-wifi-hotspot.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi folks,

I have my internet dongle plugged into my laptop(ASUS) and everything is fine lan 4 is showing on the adaptors.
Here is my problem when I unplug the dongle lan 4 disappears and my connection is lost.
the WIFI light is off, when I press the Fn + F2( which is my WIFI) nothing happens the light doesn't go on.
I`ve tried using the Fn key to turn sound up/down that's fine.
Any help is greatful

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Relevancy 56.33%

My laptop, windows 7, is telling me there are no connections available. My iPad and phone are connected. I've removed my wifi network and replaced it, I've restarted my laptop, I've deleted other networks...suggestions? Thank you.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello First time poster here thanks for having this great forum Anyway my problem is since Friday wifi DNS laptop's with errors Problem and unstable connection with of last week I have been having connection problems with my laptop The wifi card will not hold a connection to the router and shows the yellow triangle constantly In the Event Viewer there are errors saying quot Name resolution for website x timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded quot The laptop will Problem with DNS errors with laptop's wifi and unstable connection also not respond to local pings from other computers on the network Few of the things I have tried to fix this Did a complete virus scan with avast Nothing was found Tried flushing the DNS cache along with releasing and renewing my IP address Reset the TCP IP stack Disabled Problem with DNS errors with laptop's wifi and unstable connection all network adapters except my wifi card including the quot Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter quot If someone could help that would be great because i really need my network connection back ASAP Finals and such soon Thanks wws

A:Problem with DNS errors with laptop's wifi and unstable connection

Quote: Originally Posted by wws

Hello.

First time poster here, thanks for having this great forum!

Anyway my problem is, since Friday of last week, I have been having connection problems with my laptop. The wifi card will not hold a connection to the router and shows the yellow triangle constantly. In the Event Viewer there are errors saying "Name resolution for website x timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." The laptop will also not respond to local pings from other computers on the network.

Few of the things I have tried to fix this.
1. Did a complete virus scan with avast 2014. Nothing was found.
2. Tried flushing the DNS cache, along with releasing and renewing my IP address.
3. Reset the TCP/IP stack.
4. Disabled all network adapters except my wifi card, including the "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter"

If someone could help, that would be great, because i really need my network connection back ASAP. (Finals and such soon!)

Thanks,
wws

Well you actually did most of things that I would have done.

I should ask have you tried resetting the router?

Can you post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311528-problem-dns-errors-laptops-wifi-unstable-connection.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

My son recently got a new Samsung ATIV Book 4 laptop and it will continuously go from being "connected" to our wifi, to "limited." It works just fine while plugged in with ethernet cable.

I have tried unplugging and replugging in the router. It works for a while then goes to limited again. I looked this problem up through search engines and someone talked about a static IP address but I don't know our router login/password.

I also saw someone talk about wireless networks in the neighborhood that may be broadcasting on the same channel but there wasn't any info on how to check/change that.

I hope someone can help. There's nothing like getting a brand new toy that won't work right.

TIA,
myjunoli

A:Intermittent WiFi Connection on Brand New Laptop w/ Windows 8

After posting this I searched again and found a video that explained how to change the power management under configure under properties of the wifi connection that was showing limited connection (again). By unchecking the box that allows the computer to turn off the access point, the computer now leaves that function alone. But in order for it to work I needed to restart the computer (I know, an easy step that I totally forgot to do).

But it still doesn't work!!

So frustrating!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507361/intermittent-wifi-connection-on-brand-new-laptop-w-windows-8/
Relevancy 56.33%

A couple months ago, I upgraded my cable modem to DOCSIS3.0, and just yesterday upgraded my WiFi router. I also changed the WiFi security settings and went around to all my devices to make sure they were accessing properly.

The weird thing is that all of the network devices were able to connect and work properly except one laptop.

Dell Lattitude D820
Windows XP Home SP3

The wireless network card seems to be working properly in connecting to the network, as I can type in direct (numeric) IP addresses and see the router and modem, but this machine has no Internet connection. Under LAN & Network connections, there is no internet connection listed. So far, I've tried:

Tried to "Add a Connection" - still not showing an internet connection
Updated the Driver for the 1390 wireless card - now matches Dells most current version

Any ideas?

A:Upgraded home wifi and now laptop has no internet connection

DOH!
I found the setting.

Under the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) settings, I had "Use the following DNS server" checked.
The DNS server changed with the new router.
I updated the DNS server and things are working again - (I could have also used "Obtain DNS server automatically").

Please feel free to close or delete this thread if it is not useful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543616/upgraded-home-wifi-and-now-laptop-has-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 55.9%

Thanks for - Resolved Screen & Connection/Wifi Card DSL Laptop Problem Old all your help you guys gals really know your stuff You do use the power adapter that came with it as you all said and I found out that it is an automatic process nothing special to do just plug in and forget it hew Glad I didn t have to buy a charger The problem is solved and I didn t know that it was so Old Problem Resolved - Laptop Screen & DSL Connection/Wifi Card automatic Sorry to bother you again but like I said I m a laptop novice and need all the help that I can get Why does the laptop screen get brighter as you get closer to it but normal as you Old Problem Resolved - Laptop Screen & DSL Connection/Wifi Card get farther away from it If this isn t normal then what could be causing this Is there some feature that I could turn off to stop this I plugged the laptop wireless card in and I have a DSL Connection I know that I have it in right because the ACT led lights up as the instructions say The drivers off the setup CD have been installed The card shows up in the taskbar I ve heard that it is possible to use the wireless card to connect to an already existing DSL connection Could anyone tell me how to do this and or what additional information would I have to obtain nbsp

A:Old Problem Resolved - Laptop Screen & DSL Connection/Wifi Card

marsdaman said:

Why does the laptop screen get brighter as you get closer to it, but normal as you get farther away from it? If this isn't normal, then what could be causing this? Is there some feature that I could turn off to stop this?Click to expand...

What you are describing is normal with LCD screens (as used in laptops) but if the screen is too dark for you then there is usually a way to turn up the brightness (check your manual).

marsdaman said:

I plugged the laptop wireless card in and I have a DSL Connection. I know that I have it in right, because the ACT led lights up as the instructions say. The drivers off the setup CD have been installed. The card shows up in the taskbar. I've heard that it is possible to use the wireless card to connect to an already existing DSL connection. Could anyone tell me how to do this and/or what additional information would I have to obtain?Click to expand...

It depends what you are using to connect to the DSL connection. If you are using a USB modem plugged into a computer then you will need a new kind of modem called a wireless router. However if you already have the right equipment then all you need to do is follow this guide for Windows Vista and this guide for Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-problem-resolved-laptop-screen-dsl-connection-wifi-card.615846/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi...I am a bit desperate. For the last few weeks I have been having an issue between my phone andthelaptop.Whenevermyphone is on wifi...i getconnection time out error on whichever browser I am using....but when I turn  the wifi off on the phone...i do not get such a message. It has been driving me insane and any and all internet searches have not brought me any solutions, not even close...it's like nobody else out there has ever asked this question. if anyone has any ideas please let me know. It has been going on for a few weeks...this time out error...until i finally ficured out.....it happens when my phone is on wifi.....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/issue-between-phone-and-laptop-wifi-connection-timeout-error/td-p/5842009
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Gateway NV59 laptop. My wife and I have separate laptops and we both connect to the home Vodafone HG553 modem, via wireless. I moved in recently, so my laptop is the new device.

Whenever I try to connect to the WIFI modem, the modem's red light starts blinking and I somehow make my wife's laptop disconnect as well. She has no problem connecting. It is only when I try to connect with my laptop.

Sometimes the red blinking light stops and I get connection (after 5-10 minutes). But, connection will go back and forth, dropping connection, connecting, connecting with no internet access.
I updated my adapter drivers.
Any help will be appreciated,

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390188-my-laptop-makes-homes-wifi-modem-drop-connection.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Can someone laptop connection to wireless DSL from has a via wifi web that router existing Send plese help me with this I would like to take Send existing web connection to a wireless router via laptop that has wifi from DSL and existing web connection thats on a laptop and send it to a new Netgear wireless modem providing an internet connection for devices out of the wifi modem My original connection is from a DSL modem and is connected via wifi to my laptop Here is what i tried so far The router i want to use now is connected to my laptop via Ethernet cable and goes into the Wan port of the router First i simply turned on sharing on my existing wifi connection and the internet icon on the router is green but when i go to status of the router it says no web connection and devices such as an ipod don t receive any internet Next i tried to bridge the connection but that did not work either even though my laptop showed that they were bridged Please help as i have spent hours on this already Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Send existing web connection to a wireless router via laptop that has wifi from DSL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-existing-web-connection-to-a-wireless-router-via-laptop-that-has-wifi-from-dsl.1104218/
Relevancy 55.9%

My laptop is reading a full WiFi signal from my router I am currently connected to the router via Ethernet on the same laptop I ve been reading tons of old threads to troubleshoot this I m at a loss I have used this current networking hardware for more than a year without any problems I do have a pretty old router but my iPod connects to the WiFi no problem at the moment Here s what I ve tried so far - soft reset of router - power cycle modem and router - removed saved network information from the laptop - hard reset of router - ip release renew - dns flush - tcp ip reset - uninstalled reinstalled drivers for wireless card - system restore I have supplied an ipconfig all report the usual ping tests that I see requested and I have attached a screenshot of Xirrus Thank you kindly for the help Here is my IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name lt lt EDITED FOR PRIVACY gt gt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Laptop Connection 7 Connect Solved: Win Unable Wifi Full to to Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Solved: Win 7 Laptop Unable to Connect to Full Wifi Connection Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - E-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Solved: Win 7 Laptop Unable to Connect to Full Wifi Connection Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c f debc f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -F -A - - - - E-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A D D-BCCE- -B EA- BA ED Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c bc ddca Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c bc ddca Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E B -AB - DD - - D EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B AD -DAFE- F E- A A- B FF AA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ping Tests Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I've set up my internet-connected laptop Acer Aspire One with Windows Starter as wifi hotspot The hotspot wifi internet turned my hotspot by shared connection laptop not works to the extent that it lets another computer connect but it does not provide pass through the internet access I have via G USB modem While searching the net for useful information I came across the recent thread No internet connection after I turned my laptop into wifi hotspot Following up on the two tutorials mentioned in that thread Windows internet connection not shared by my laptop turned wifi hotspot Tip of the Week Use Wireless Hosted Networking to Share An Internet Connection Wirelessly FAQ Tip content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows and Windows Hotspot Share Wifi With Your Laptop I noticed that on my laptop the important Share tab is missing that can be seen in the first image in the first tutorial and also in the first image in the section quot Changing Adapter Settings quot in the secodn tutorial The network adapters I can see on my laptop are Local Area connection unplugged G Internet USB modem Wireless connection Atheros AR B Wireless Connection Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Many thanks in advance for suggestions and probing questions

A:internet connection not shared by my laptop turned wifi hotspot

If the sharing tab is missing then it means that the driver isn't up to date. About the only way to fix that is to look for a more recent version of the wireless driver. Just updating or reinstalling the driver might be enough although some adaptors simply can't support this feature as per Paul Thurrott's page on this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/268280-internet-connection-not-shared-my-laptop-turned-wifi-hotspot.html
Relevancy 55.9%

This side of computing is a complete mystery to me so I hope someone can laptop wifi dell lid of sleep opening connection after cancels help opening lid of dell laptop after sleep cancels wifi connection Up until recently when I ve closed the lip of my Dell Inspiron it goes to sleep and opening lid of dell laptop after sleep cancels wifi connection re-awakes when I open it That s fine that s what I want opening lid of dell laptop after sleep cancels wifi connection However now when I open the lid again my connection has gone - it s shown as a circular orange flash on the taskbar - and won t return until I close down and start up again I ve looked in Control Panel and Windows tells me that two drivers are causing a problem nVidia Windows kernel Mode driver version USB Mass Storage This is most probably the LaCie external hard drive but I m not totally sure I use FF my OS is Win and I have Malwarebytes and Avast If someone needs me to show a screenshot or needs to know anything else please tell me how and where to look preferably in words of one syllable Like I said I know nothing about the inner workings of a pc Many thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-lid-of-dell-laptop-after-sleep-cancels-wifi-connection.1028921/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I have the X201 ThinkPad. I lost my WIFI connection a several times. But now I lost it and afther rebooting my thinkpad it won't work again.I installed drivers, but nothing works...is there anyone with the same problem? I have Windows 10.. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X201-Tablet-Laptop-ThinkPad-lost-WIFI-connection/td-p/3355247
Relevancy 55.04%

My fiance and I are in the same room as the wireless router My computer is hooked up to the ethernet itself with super-slow Laptop has suddenly Wifi Solved: integrated connection no problem there Our roommate is in another part of the house far away from the router and he says he s getting insanely fast internet My fiance s laptop which is the Compaq F duo-core laptop running Vista was working Solved: Laptop with integrated Wifi suddenly has super-slow connection great for a week or so at this house Then suddenly one day she comes home from work and her internet is running like it s hooked up to k If she hooks up to the ethernet the connection on her computer is amazing So - Roommate s integrated Wifi is working GREAT from far away from the wireless router - Problem computer is ten feet from the router itself and getting terrible speed - Definitely connected to our network with a unique name So as far as I can tell the problem is not our provider not our router and not range It seems to lie solely with the way the wireless software or possibly hardware is set up No one changed any settings before this happened but the computer is set up to update automatically If anyone has any input that could help we would be incredibly grateful We re at the end of our ropes on this one nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop with integrated Wifi suddenly has super-slow connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-with-integrated-wifi-suddenly-has-super-slow-connection.918904/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi

my daughter has a toshiba l300d on vista, the other day it kept freezing really bad so i put it back to factory settings as ive done a couple of times before,it went through every stage as it should do except it wont connect to our wifi connection,it wont even pick the vonnection up. i have checked all the usual settings and everything seems to be as it should.my daughter is now getting very stroppy being without her laptop(she is 14 and facebook is her life lol).

please can someone help - thanks

A:lost wifi connection after putting laptop back to factory settings

Make sure you have the wireless adapter enabled, it's usually switch on a Toshiba, though it could be a function key sequence.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

I'd like to see this as well.

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Note: You can use a wired connection to the computer to download the diagnostic if you can't connect wirelessly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wifi-connection-after-putting-laptop-back-to-factory-settings.942602/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a new Aspire ES ES - -P C with Windows I can connect to my wifi-router 13 - connection Wifi unstable / Wifi Es ran... Aspire and access the internet but the connection randomly drops after a couple of minutes I can Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran... reconnect sometimes after running the windows troubleshooter The wifi-chip is a broadcom BCM It seems that there's an issue with the driver and or Windows Wifi works perfectly on Ubuntu-Linux booted from USB nbsp Here's what I've already tried - reboot of router- turn off all the energy-saving stuff in the device-manager- uninstall old drivers- install new drivers from the Acer site- install all windows updates- install driver in compatibility-mode windows - reset windows delete everything and reinstall windows from recovery nbsp The question really is if this is a known problem with the driver or the OS If so then I could install Windows But I'm very close to sending the laptop back because I really don't want to waste my time nbsp fixing a newly bought preconfigured laptop nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran...

I had similar problem with ES15.  It started by dropping wifi after about one hour of use, then got worse...Also was plagued with the infamous "red x" over the network icon down in tray at bottom. After slight improvement when I updated the firmware (it was out of date), problem degraded to point that I could not connect at all, even with re-booting. Finally, even no internet with ethernet!   Problem finally solved by doing the following: press "control/alt/delete" all at once, select "Task Manager",click "Services Tab" at top, click "status" tab on line just below the tabs: this will re-sort the services alphabetically together according to their status's (ie running, stopped)...click again on status until all the services in the top  of the list you are seeing all say "stopped". Carefully begin going down the list top to end of services that are stopped, any stopped service that contains a reference to network, connection, connectivity, discovery,x-box,wireless, LAN, WAN, homegroup,:click on it (memorize the service name), right click on it: select "open services" find that service in the alphabetical list,(notice the descriptions here are very detailed now) RIGHT CLICK IT, select "Properties" select "Start", If startup type is not "Automatic", select "Automatic", click apply. Go back to the previous services page, continue down the list from previous service (that you just changed) and find the next one, repeat above steps. It may be faster to make a handwrite a list of all the stopped services as described above, then open the more in depth services page where you can then make the services automatic and start them one after the other. I did this to about 20 services, then rebooted and have never had a problem connecting with wifi or ehternet again! (and never getting the red x anymore either).  This method was used well after live tech support chat with Acer tech support. I wish I could offer a specific service that actually was the culprit, but I was so frustrated by the time I finally tried this, I had lost the patience to deal with documenting the changed services. Once it's fixed you can always go back and turn off services back to manual, but If I did that I would immediately make sure it has not degraded my wifi connectivity before continuing with more! Hope this helps, 'cause I'm Lovin' it! (I am seeing wifi's all around my house I never saw before!)Good luck....Ron   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-Es-13-unstable-Wifi-connection-Wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/394267
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
I am hoping you can help me with my problem.
My main laptop (Sony Vaio VPCCB15FG) in the last week just stopped accessing the internet via WiFi.
It says it has Limited Acess but I have no idea how to fix it.

The other 3 computers in the house (Custom desktop, Toshiba Net book, Samsung Laptop) can all access the internet as normal.

It is only the Sony that is being problomatic.
It is also running rather slow for the spec so that may be related.

Please help! I am not super computer savy so please give simple instructions.

Cheers

GTNeil

A:Sony Vaio Laptop "stopped" connecting to WiFi connection " Limited acc

Hi,

My name is Riyaz and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I May be able to provide you with a Resolution. Please post the Specifications of this computer. Mainly the Wireless Card and the Type of Operating System your using.

Regards
Riyaz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236639-sony-vaio-laptop-stopped-connecting-wifi-connection-limited-acc.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 48.16%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have my LAN setup:
ADSL modem ->Router->Compute*r A , Computer B (wireless)

My laptop connects fine... but all of a sudden it just stops connecting to the internet. However the connection has a strong signal and still says it is connected...but it just lags and doesnt connect. Then it'll come back for little while. Sometimes I'll repair the wireless connection and it works again but only for a few minutes.

But here's a spooky thing....all this doesn't happen when i unplug my AC! that's right I'll have it plugged in to the power outlet, and wifi comes and goes...as soon as i unplug it and it runs on battery...the internet works fine...yikes

A:Solved: wifi connection coming and going..but LAN connection is fine

I can't see your exact positioning, but it sounds like you need to move your "brick" so that it is not interfering with the wireless signal when plugged in. When I forget, and start getting the same thing, I move mine at least a foot away from the wireless adaptor and out of the path to the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connection-coming-and-going-but-lan-connection-is-fine.419751/
Relevancy 47.73%

(I cannot run the utility because I am unable to get online at all. Currently using my iPhone)

Recently switched to Comcast ISP and although my computer shows that my wifi is connected, I cannot get online . If I restart my laptop it may get me connected for a few minutes at the most then it will say "webpage not available"

Also when I connect to google chrome it is now giving me three windows, search conduit, search ask and default search .dont know why that is happening either .

Help! Not tech savy at all (clearly!)

Relevancy 47.73%

Dear all I generally have good WiFI connection but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet which provides me with WiFI in our working space No problems here I have been noticing that on my laptop when I sit in the living space my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT randomly dropping WiFi connection through connection Internet losing connection to the WiFi network This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity This happens at random to Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection me My cell phone doesn't have the same problem Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection nor does my Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection GF's computer I notice that when i go back to the workspace where wifi is distributed through my TP-link more often then not I instantly regain connection Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link Here is the runout for my ipconfig all and Output for 'netsh wlan show all' Windows IP Configuration docx Regards Robin

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57254-internet-connection-randomly-dropping-through-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Wireless connection issue I believe wired works -- haven't tried lately -- but the major problems are wireless ISP XfinityWifi hotspots and or in-house router sharing said hotpot Conn type Cable Router D-Link DIR- AV etc McAfee out of date MSE not genuine anymore thus disabled ipconfig all output included below Xirrus wi-fi inspector Wifi onboard laptop, Dell Wifi & USB nonfunctional Downloaded on my desktop computer USBdrived over to laptop installed run screenshot attached skmk is my in-house network xfinitywifi is a bit too weak but that's not the issue with this laptop Basic issue may well be an OS file corruption issue as Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional Dell support threw up their hands and suggested a clean Win install Install repair hasn't helped Laptop is a Dell Latitude D or thereabouts GB RAM Win Pro SP Onboard NIC is Intel Centrino Ultimate-N AGN driver v from Intel Adapter is enabled but fails to find any networks at all Complete removal redetection reinstall Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional of device makes no difference nor do latest NIC drivers Under Manage Wireless Networks the quot Add quot and quot Adapter properties quot buttons do nothing and under Network and Sharing Center quot Set up a new quot and quot Connect to a network quot are similarly unresponsive I also have a Belkin G USB wifi adapter which works perfectly in other computers but it too finds no networks in the laptop Previously after the onboard NIC went unresponsive I could use the Belkin adapter only in one specific USB port with a specific quot Wireless Network Connection quot name and it would only find one specific SSID skmknet -- which was my home config before wifi went south No new networks worked work I recall running a utility at some point that informed me there were quite a few active networks within range but couldn't give me any information about them Halp ----------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name MNV T -LEASE Primary Dns Suffix QUANTUM com Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List QUANTUM com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Ultimate-N AGN Physical Address - - - E- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address D - -E - A- - A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional

If wireless are enabled then perhaps check services.msc for WLAN AutoConfig (automatic - started). Your repair install should have taken care of this though so not very hopeful.

Edit: also try uninstalling McAfee

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382132-dell-laptop-onboard-wifi-usb-wifi-nonfunctional.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have issues connecting home specific to my issue and wifi Wifi laptop my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house however there are no issues connecting to other routers You would therefore assume that the issue lies with Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi the router at my house However every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house with no issues at all So it seems to be specific to the combination of my laptop and the router at my house I have been having these issues ever since I downloaded Windows I fixed it initially by downloading an old driver for the Wifi on my laptop This fix lasted for about months but since the latest windows update the issue has come back The issue is intermittent wifi where it shows I Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi am connected to the Wifi but then the internet doesn't work It says quot DNS probe cannot be found quot when running troubleshooter and then it resets the wifi on my laptop This can temporalily fix it sometimes for seconds Sometimes for hours But then the issue comes back Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be or how I might fix it Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter it says that I have missing protocols But then this doesn't happen every time I have tried a variety of fixes that I have read up on Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi in forums but none seem to work permantly One thing I haven't tried is a clean install of windows which is something I am very reluctant to do and also have my doubts as to whether it would actually resolve the issue Many thanks Joe

A:Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

It all depends on location, location, location. Some Gateways are just garbage. If you are not getting a strong enough signal, get an Access Point. Also you need to make sure that you are not on a congested channel, which is usually Channels 6 & 11 for 2.4 Ghz units.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44081-wifi-issue-specific-my-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear concern, Good day I recently setup my laptop (HP Notebook - 14-ac037tu)  in windows 7 but it is not connecting with my wifi network. And it is also not working even after connecting with broadband network. So many hard ware is not installing drivers because I cant find them anywhere.Please give me solution. here is a view of the problem:   Thank you,Ahsan   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wifi-connection-and-no-wifi-driver/td-p/5635294
Relevancy 46.87%

What the hell is going on?

I have an Lenovo P500. Running 8.1. Intel N2230 wifi card

It does have a connection, every now and then it may drop but not really.

On the icon in the bottom right corner if I just hover the mouse over the wifi icon it is normal, name of connection and internet access. If I click the icon the purple box pops up on the right and it says The connection is limited.

I have tried rollback, installing an updated driver from Lenovo support, Disable bluetooth and a couple other.

Wifi works on every computer. Just this 8.1 it does not.

Whenever I restart the computer it forgets the password, I have to re enter the password every time even though I have connect automatically checked.

A:Windows 8.1 .. Wifi connection = The connection is limited

Are you trying to connect to a Public Wifi hotspot, or your own personal network?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67806-windows-8-1-wifi-connection-connection-limited.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Home within the last 3-4 months and I have been experiencing several issues. The one of concern is connecting to certain wifi networks. I am able to connect to my hotspot on my phone and certain wireless routers but I am unable to connect my home 5g router, well the 2g connection.I have tried using the following links to solve the problem:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connect...and https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-problem-No-internet-DNS-Not-working...  (namely the "ipconfig /flushdns" cmd, which did get the connection to come with 'connected, secured', however I was still unable to use the browser.) I have removed any vpn that I have been using and have updated by network driver via the device manager > network adapter > Intel(R) Wireless - N7260 > update driver software route have made no progress. Can anyone offer any assistance?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connection-slow-performance/td-p/3385767
Relevancy 46.87%

My hp laptop will no longer connect to the internet thru both a wifi connection or cable connection. I've also tried to do a system restore to an earlier date and it will not let mme do this either. HELP!!!

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a iMac and I have installed Windows7 using Bootcamp v4.0.

When I use the computer on MacOS X I am able to connect to the Wireless Connection named ([email protected]), also when I restart the computer the same connection shows on the boot-loader screen. But when I am on the Windows 7, I am unable to see the same connection in WIFI connection list. I was earlier able to connect it, but now it doesn't shows up in the list.

All other Wifi enabled devices viz. Android Phone, iPad are able to connect to the same connection & they are in the same room. So why I am unable to connect the iMac when on Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

A:Wireless Connection - WIFI connection not showing up

Hello,

Can you please provide us an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289918-wireless-connection-wifi-connection-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi i have a hp probook 4530s. I recently installed a new norton security package upon restart the wifi icon amd every thing to do with wifi has dissapeared. There is a wifi on off button on the keypad area and when i press it, all that seems to happen is the Bluetooth turns on/off i have looked in the network adapters amd nothing is there. Its like wifi option has just got up and left my laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when i went to the hp support site they dont provide drivers for windows 10 as i was going to try install the drivers for wifi again. Im stumped can anyone help?

A:Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop

I remember seeing a post on the HP Forums about this, but just now, I can't find it. From what I remember, this was a known problem with the new Norton security package. You should check the Norton security forums to see about this as they probably have a fix for it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41954-wifi-wifi-icon-has-left-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Is anyone having issues with their Windows 10 tablets not connecting to 5G wifi?
I have a couple of Dell Venue 1 Pro 5130 tablets; and they suddenly cannot connect to the 5g wifi at my place simultaneously. They can still be connected to the 2.4g wifi. Meanwhile, all of my BlackBerry 10 phones are fine being connected to the 5g wifi.
Since I have the auto update and install on for both of my Windows tablets, I am thinking it has to do with some update that MS pushed in the past few days. Any ideas?
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

A:Wifi Connection with 5G wifi

Originally Posted by skstrials Is anyone having issues with their Windows 10 tablets not connecting to 5G wifi?
I have a couple of Dell Venue 1 Pro 5130 tablets; and they suddenly cannot connect to the 5g wifi at my place simultaneously. They can still be connected to the 2.4g wifi. Meanwhile, all of my BlackBerry 10 phones are fine being connected to the 5g wifi.
Since I have the auto update and install on for both of my Windows tablets, I am thinking it has to do with some update that MS pushed in the past few days. Any ideas?
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android try adding the wifi again and also restarting the router

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435636-wifi-connection-5g-wifi.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello guys, I just want to know if it is possible to connect two (2) laptops through WIFI without using an AccessPoint?

A:WIFI to WIFI Connection

You can, there's instructions here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-to-wifi-connection.577354/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have recently purchased a Sony Vaio Laptop with wifi support that is inbuilt or = Sony P5E3 laptop Asus problem on Wifi + Laptop motherboard Vaio Deluxe onboard I already have a Asus P E Deluxe motherboard at my home with ram gb gtx card and a quad core processor Now I connect this pc with a broadband connection at home running mbps speed This motherboard also has a wifi onboard connection What I Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi problem on laptop am trying to do is setup this wifi connection so that my laptop can also connect to the internet wirelessly For this I have installed the wifi driver of Asus something called Asus WiFi-AP n software and configured it with giving it a proper connection name and a password I have successfully done all the wifi network setup wizard on the pc and it is working well Now the problem is that my laptop is able to find this wifi connection but after sometime it gives an error saying to troubleshoot network connection and the wifi network disappears from the laptop and again i Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi problem on laptop have to search for this wifi network and the cycle continues Similarly when I am trying to connect my Nokia e mobile phone with the pc via wifi my phone is able to pickup the wifi connection and sometimes it is able to connect to the internet and I am also able to browse different websites but sometimes it gives me a gateway time out error So can anyone tell me how can i connect my sony vaio laptop to the internet wirelessly by using the Asus P E Deluxe WiFi-AP n connection Also if possible then please let me know how to connect my phone as well which is a secondary question Thank you in advance Note that - The operating system that I am using on my pc with Asus P E Deluxe motherboard is having Windows XP installed on it and on the sony vaio laptop windows is installed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-asus-p5e3-deluxe-motherboard-wifi-problem-on-laptop.955799/
Relevancy 43.43%

as per title Iam renewing this dell vostro 1015 for a friend, it had wifi last night (but the computer was slow as hell) and i have reinstalled windows and all other drivers are installed apart from wifi so i can not update the system and install his apps, Im having to , to -and - fro from my PC with USB stick as router is downstairs so cant use lan

there are 8 here for wifi and tried them all to no avail?:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/product-support/product/vostro-1015/drivers

Ive even tried using hardware ID but all i can find out is that its an Atheros driver for Dell, no model number otherwise i can manually install the driver myself from Atheros

pci\ven_168c&dev_002b&subsys_02051028&rev_01

please can someone help, its running windows 7 32-bit
thanks

A:wifi drivers not installing

pci\ven_168c&dev_002b&subsys_02051028&rev_01Click to expand...

That vendor code(168C) and device code(002B) is for an Atheros AR5B95 device.

Iam renewing this dell vostro 1015 for a friend
its running windows 7 32-bitClick to expand...

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on that Dell Vostro 1015 laptop?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-drivers-not-installing.1157580/
Relevancy 43.43%

Dear Sir,I m facing this problem from like a year , i even tried onsite service even they were unable to help me. The problem is when i m trying to install the wifi driver the setup is running and vanishing off .I tried many drivers even by changing the OS frome 8.1,8,10,7 everything n now i  m tired of it .But the same problem was solved by the service centre by installing windows 8.1 and the driver sp 59525 r.After that i upgraded to windows 10 and the same problem started. Now i again installed windows 8.1 and tried to install sp 59525r but its not working . Please help me out i m so tired of this. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-driver-not-installing/td-p/5757697
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently bought a supposedly "never been used" Gigabyte Wireless Lan PCI Card model: GN-WPEAG from ebay, and when I tried to install it on Windows XP home sp1 and sp2 with the driver disc it came with or installed the newest drivers from the manufacturer's website most of the time when i tried to install it on several different computers it says there was an error installing it. Also if I go into the device manager there is an "!" next to it and it says the device cannot be enabled (code 10). The one time I think the "!" was gone and it said the device was enabled my pc was going very slow and mouse pointed lagged a lot. Any idea what the problem is, and if there are any reasonable solutions, or should I attempt to get a refund?

A:Installing WIFI pci card

Aside from tht fact that you bought a computer related item from Ebay, it is entirely possible that you dont have the correct drivers for it. If you can identify the manufacturer, is it a Gigabyte brand(?), go to thier website and down load the correct drivers for it. And if you bought it from a reliable online reseller you could contact them for support. if however it was a sold "as is" item you just could be stuck with a nice looking non-working board that someone successfully pawned off on someone else. There are good sellers on Ebay and there are not so good sellers. I would never recommend buying anything off Ebay listed as "as is" or that does not come with a warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-wifi-pci-card.416539/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have  HP 15-r074TU notebook and os is windows 7 64 bit, I download driver from HB site but driver not installinh in my notebook, plz suggest wifi driver for this. please help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/WiFi-driver-is-not-installing/td-p/5685251
Relevancy 43.43%

HelloAfter installing window 7 (I cant stand windows10) I han get wifi to work. I downloaded lasted driver for windows 10, but Im not even getting wireless hardware to be shoq. Please help. Wired internet is working fine

Solved!
View Solution.

A:after installing window 7 no wifi

Hi: You need this wireless card driver for the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi adapter your notebook has. The 2nd driver down on the left side of the page is for 64 bit. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25835/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?product=89450   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/after-installing-window-7-no-wifi/td-p/5634308
Relevancy 43.43%

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
ASUS p5b-e plus
Q6600
4 GB RAM
Tplink wn-650g wifi adaptor

Just slapped in a 9500GT 1024. Its double height so had to move my Tplink wn-650g down a slot. Now windows does not detect a network. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. No luck. Moved it back to original slot and it works again! Tried other slots too but no luck. It seems to only work in one of my PCI slots which is most annoying as its the one closest to the GFX card slot.

Also, despite having 4GB installed windows only has 2.94GB usuable. The max RAM thing is unticked. I tried Memory Remap in BIOS which showed the full 4GB on reboot but on my other OS (dual boot system) Win XP SP3 Pro it only show 2GB!This OS I use for music production so RAM is very important! Help appreciated. Thanks.

Karl

A:WIFI gone after installing new GFX card

Is the windows XP Pro 32 or 64 bit?

If it is 32 bit that may be why your not seeing all 4GB of RAM.

Also perhaps you should check your MOBO manual to see which RAM slots you should use when using fewer RAM sticks then the board can hold. On my board i have 6 slots, but have to use slots 1-3-5 for 3 sticks or less.

As far as your wireless card goes, does the PCI slot your moving it to, work? Do you know for sure?
Does it get in the way of your video card? Or is it only annoying to you because its to close to your video card?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356199/wifi-gone-after-installing-new-gfx-card/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi. I've recently installed Windows 8 on a new partition on my pc (I'm still running WinXPSP3 on the other partition) and it installed fine. However i'm unable to install the drivers for Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter. I've been to there site to download the latest drivers REALTEK Wireless (reseaux Sans fils) but when i install them it goes through the whole process but yet my wifi adapter still isn't installed.When i went to device manager it was listed as a problem device and when i tried to update the driver from there it wouldn't let me.Can anyone help because i can't really do much on Win8 without the internet.

A:Problem Installing Wifi.

Hello thebestrc,Can we assume that you downloaded and installed the following driver from the download link you provided:REALTEK RTL8187/RTL8187L Wireless (Drivers)Windows 7 32/64bits - Version 6.1316.1209.2009.If not, please download the driver above and save it to your Desktop, uninstall the present Realtek driver via Control Panel | (View by: Large icons) Program and Features, and then install the new driver. Reboot and try the connection again.As you can see, there is no specific Windows 8 driver for your Wireless USB device.See this link: Windows Compatibity Center regarding Realtek RTL8187 Wireless Network Adapter and Windows 8.Some have success and some don't.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483869/problem-installing-wifi/
Relevancy 43.43%

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
ASUS p5b-e plus
Q6600
4 GB RAM
Tplink wn-650g wifi adaptor

Just slapped in a 9500GT 1024. Its double height so had to move my Tplink wn-650g down a slot. Now windows does not detect a network. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. No luck. Moved it back to original slot and it works again! Tried other slots too but no luck. It seems to only work in one of my PCI slots which is most annoying as its the one closest to the GFX card slot.

Also, despite having 4GB installed windows only has 2.94GB usuable. The max RAM thing is unticked. I tried Memory Remap in BIOS which showed the full 4GB on reboot but on my other OS (dual boot system) Win XP SP3 Pro it only show 2GB!This OS I use for music production so RAM is very important! Help appreciated. Thanks.

Karl

Relevancy 43.43%

My wifi connections goes off and only stay disconnecting on keeps other laptop Wifi phones one and connected laptop on on my Hp laptop several times in an hours time It stays off sometimes for two minutes and Wifi keeps disconnecting only on one laptop other laptop and phones stay connected sometimes for or more minutes My other laptop and phone stay connected to the wifi What do I need to do I found this site thru anther forum and I went to their link they had in the forum and it took me to the InSSider Page of this site I clicked on Wifi keeps disconnecting only on one laptop other laptop and phones stay connected the download link for WIndows and it downloaded and installed on my computer and then just went back to that same page I thought it was suppose to run a scan analyzer on my computer So where and what do I need to do for it to run a scan on my computer to check the channels being used and possible interference with my wifi Or if there is something else that I need to do to fix my wifi connection issue Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-only-on-one-laptop-other-laptop-and-phones-stay-connected.219141/
Relevancy 43%

Hi i know this has been posted alot but those posts have become expired so i tried the TCP IP stack repair and restarted it but nothing happened i restarted the modem restarted my laptop but still nothing im using a acer aspire z and this is what the ip laptop laptop computers Solved: wifi, other my but cant to and my other My connect ca all Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca showed Windows IP Configuration Host Name Acer-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C- F- -AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- B- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AE E AB-EF - A- F- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes can anyone lend a hand nbsp

A:Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca

will the PC connect by cable to the router OK

can you post an xirrus screen shot

are other devices able to connect by wireless to your network

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details ar... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-laptop-cant-connect-to-my-wifi-but-my-other-laptop-and-other-computers-ca.1110982/
Relevancy 43%

I have a Sony Vaio with WIFI and an ALienware that does not have WIFI. I need to connect the Alienware to the Vaio with ethernet cable to access the net. I keep getting a IP address conflict message on the Vaio. The only thing I need the Vaio for is the WIFI connectivity. Will be purchasing a new PCI card (wireless adapter) soon but until I do... I need to make that connection on the Vaio a Hot Spot or the likes. Any surefire methodology to accomplish this task? Thanks so much for any help you can offer. Kirt (530)749-1110

A:Win XP, laptop#1 has WIFI, laptop #2 needs to connect thru #1 with ethernet cable

what operating systems are on the PCs

you should use ICS - internet connection sharing or bridge
what type of cable do you have - it may need a crossover cable if the pcs are old and do not have autosensing LAN connections
TURN ON ICS
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing

General
-------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

XP
--
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02july01.mspx

VISTA
-----
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows VISTA
http://www.windowsreference.com/win...ternet-connection-sharing-ics-setup-in-vista/

windows 7
---------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows 7
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/bridge-network-connections-in-windows-7/

Bridging two network connections:
Make sure the secondary connection has DHCP enabled.
Open the Network Connections folder from the Start Menu, Settings.
Select the first connection to be used in the bridge and highlight it by left clicking on it.
Holding the Ctrl key, select the second connection to be used in the bridge by left clicking on it.
Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and select Bridge Connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-laptop-1-has-wifi-laptop-2-needs-to-connect-thru-1-with-ethernet-cable.1016997/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,

My hp laptop 15-af161ca was "born" with Windows 10. After the anniversary update, my laptop slowed down considerably so I decided to install Windows 7.

After installing, I can no longer access wifi and I have no Bluetooth option. What can I do to remedy these issues?

I am connected through an ethernet cable so I know that connecting to the internet is possible, however, not wireless.

Thanks,
Thomas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-wifi-option-after-installing-windows-7-a-1162969.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello after i upgraded to windows the wifi adapter a RealTek RTL CE is correctly installed but windows shows it as turned off and i can't turn it back on with the button when i press it indeed windows passes from airplane mode off to on and vicevera Tried downloading the latest drivers and on the hp support page but i can't find any solution to this Thanks in advance for any help nbsp Buongiorno dopo aver aggiornato a windows la scheda wifi una Realtek RTL CE pur essendo correttamente installata viene vista come spenta dal sistema operativo e non possibile riaccenderla nemmeno con il pulsante che quando premuto infatti accende o spegne la not Wifi working installing after 10 windows modalit aereo Provato ad aggiornare i driver manualmente e tramite il sito internet hp ma non ho ancora trovato una soluzione Grazie in anticipo per l'aiuto nbsp nbsp SOLVED With Bios reset and not letting the OS turn off the WiFi adapter TURNED OFF the pc not a simple reboot and it worked again nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-not-working-after-installing-windows-10/td-p/5818567
Relevancy 43%

Hi Members,

can anyone help me with this BSOD i got after installing a wifi dongle on a new PC with Win7 32Bit.

attached are my minidump files

A:BSOD after installing wifi dongle

Hey there!
Code:
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 82841e85, 9845f9f8, 0}

Probably caused by : rdyboost.sys ( rdyboost!SMKM_STORE<SMD_TRAITS>::SmStReleaseRegion+1f )

Code:
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 82a60593, 99fb2c2c, 0}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82983718
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82963160
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ObpCloseHandleTableEntry+28 )

Code:
BugCheck 50, {d2b37597, 0, 9097f5c3, 2}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceDmaBuffer+269 )
Run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r.
Install the latest updates from Windows Update.

Do the exact same steps for chkdsk /r but instead of typing in sfc /scannow type chkdsk /r.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Update your DirectX drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377879-bsod-after-installing-wifi-dongle.html
Relevancy 43%

After installing windows 10 wifi just stopped working and wifi button's light is blinking. Sometimes it connect's to wifi network and after few seconds later it shows a warning sign in wifi logo. Wifi adapter Ralink Radio Model RT3290. I installed the driver and also tried windows update, HP support assistance and also forum's other post about windows 10 upgrade and wifi. But no luck. 

A:Wifi is not working after installing windows 10

Hi, Try to follow this step by step guide: http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=wirelessconnection.net&section=social

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-working-after-installing-windows-10/td-p/5603227
Relevancy 43%

I re-installed windows 7 due to the old version not working with my new raid drive, i went to the asus and intel websites on my laptop and downloaded drives to a disk then installed those onto my new install but it keep saying that no networks are available. I've tried every fix that i found with google bu none of them seemed to work and just to add insult to injury the most helpful things windows has come up with are "search the web for help" and "find an antivirus online", I decided you guys would have more helpful suggestions. Network adapter is an 'Intel(R) 86527V-2 Gigabit Network Connection' according to windows device manager if that helps, going into the properties window it says it is working correctly so i don't think its a driver problem

A:No wifi after re-installing windows 7 ultimate x64

Quote: Originally Posted by bacon flavoured

I re-installed windows 7 due to the old version not working with my new raid drive, i went to the asus and intel websites on my laptop and downloaded drives to a disk then installed those onto my new install but it keep saying that no networks are available. I've tried every fix that i found with google bu none of them seemed to work and just to add insult to injury the most helpful things windows has come up with are "search the web for help" and "find an antivirus online", I decided you guys would have more helpful suggestions. Network adapter is an 'Intel(R) 86527V-2 Gigabit Network Connection' according to windows device manager if that helps, going into the properties window it says it is working correctly so i don't think its a driver problem

You mention you are trying to connect wirelessly but the Network Adaptor you described as the 'Intel(R) 86527V-2 Gigabit Network Connection' is of course for a wired connection not wireless.

You will need a wireless NIC in order to connect wirelessly needless to say.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282682-no-wifi-after-re-installing-windows-7-ultimate-x64.html