Windows Support Forum

Can I get DDR2 memory match

Q: Can I get DDR2 memory match

Need help. On my Gigabyte EP43-UD3L mobo ; Q8200 2,33GHz I have 2x1G OCZ PC2 9600 [1200MHz] memory. My question is can I add two more 2Gb sticks let's say PC2 6400 [800MHz] or PC2 5300 [333 MHz]
Just what it shows in CPU-Z v.1.53 > CPU FSB = 1333MHz and memory runs in 333MHz Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can I get DDR2 memory match

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can I get DDR2 memory match

PC2-5300 memory is 667mhz when you factor in double data rate. As far as adding slower memory your speed will automatically be reduced to the slowest memory speed provided other things like timings and voltages are capatible. Mixing memory is always similar to a roulette wheel when things are mismatched.

The ideal solution when going to add more memory on any system is the same make, type, and speed even from the same manufacturer's batch to avoid ending up with problems from mixing. You wouldn't performance memory with standard dimms being two different types. In some cases a minor difference in timings can see an adjustment in the dram timings setting in the bios.

These are all factors to consider.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/72550-can-i-get-ddr2-memory-match.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I find myself not really understanding what the best optimal memory config is for this little rig based on the available parts I have laying around this is an older Dell Dimension Intel G chipset Pentium GHz Dual channel memory four slots total mhz FSB I have x GB PC - U- - mix/match Dual-channel DDR2 in banks? Best -ZZ x PC - U- - -C and or x Best mix/match DDR2 in Dual-channel banks? PC Best mix/match DDR2 in Dual-channel banks? - U- - -C to mix match The first question I have is how do I know which bank is bank ' ' and does it matter the banks are color-differentiated physically thankfully Second which config will deliver the best performance A - Dual channel GB each in first slot of each channel or does it matter which slot as long as its dual channel Total GB B - Dual Channel GB each in one slot of each bank pls one each PC - U- - -C mb in the 'other' slot of each channel bank total gb C - GB each in one slot of each bank plus one each PC - U- - -C in the other slot of each bank total gb

A:Best mix/match DDR2 in Dual-channel banks?

I'd stay with the 2GB of DDR2-800 (PC2-6400) only. All of the RAM will run at the frequency of the slowest RAM. It's not worth the performance hit to only add 512MB.

That assumes that the PC actually runs DDR2-800 at its nominal frequency.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/281909-best-mix-match-ddr2-dual-channel-banks.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Im throwing together a machine for my GF.. I have a processor but need to get a socket 478 mobo.. The one I was looking at uses DDR2-400 memory and I have some DDR2-800 memory sticks laying around..

Will it work ok to use the DDR2-800 sticks on a mobo that accepts DDR2-400 memory?

A:Ok to put DDR2-800 memory on a DDR2-400 mobo?

"Typically" you can run faster memory in a machine rated for slower memory - the memory simply runs ate the mobo spec. That said, memory issues are always subjective to the varying tolerances of the memory itself and the motherboard.

I just combined 333 and 266 rated memory in a laptop that's spec'd at 266 - it flies with no issues.

I think you'll have no problems.

Just make double-sure that all the other specs are identical such as voltage, both unbuffered, both unregistered, same latency/speed specs e.g. 2-5-5-5, hopefully both with or both without SPD (or maybe all memory come with an SPD these days?).

Try to run it with the memory, it won't cause any damage. If you start getting errors/crashes, you know it doesn't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ok-to-put-ddr2-800-memory-on-a-ddr2-400-mobo.97562/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a computer I built and used since 2010 running well. It has two matched 4GB sticks of DDR3 for a total of 8GB. I have two remaining slots (empty) for ram on the motherboard to add more ram. Do I need to find the exact same memory as the ram I am currently using or does it matter?

A:Question regarding Dual Channel Memory- Mix or Match Memory

If you can get the same kit again it would be best but if you can get a kit with the same timings, speed, and voltage you should be okay. You should use cpu-z to find out your kit model and timings it supports. CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID At the moment your two current sticks should in the white slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377014-question-regarding-dual-channel-memory-mix-match-memory.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Im building a computer from scratch - looking for a very high end system.

In your opinions, should i buy ddr2 800, or ddr2 667 and tweak the voltage and timings so that its as good as 800?

Relevancy 57.62%

i have a mach speed p4mst-890 mother board. it will take up to 4gb of memory. ddr2 533 memory. but the memory i've looking at does not say whether it is high or low density. the manual does not say which...... so would hi or low work in my system.... thank's......

A:memory ddr2

High density memory is basically factory seconds that will
only function on certain motherboards at full capacity.
Always better to stick with low density.
Branded memory,like kingston,corsair,OCZ,crucial and so on
are usually low density.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-ddr2.862913/
Relevancy 57.62%

Okay I'm a noob, we all know this. When I buy ram and it says ddr 1000 or 1200 is this the native speed that it runs at from factory. Is the concept same a cpu's as you buy a cpu that runs at 800fsb or 533fsb or w/e. Then you change the fsb through bios etc? Same concept right? I was wondering if I bought pc 10000 ddr2 would I be able to run it in a mobo that stats 6400 is the highest I can run. So is it more so dependent on the ram or the mobo?

A:ddr2 memory

Now your problem is which RAM to buy? What does that MOBO say for you to buy? Look in your manual it should tell you, but better yet go to the MOBO and see what you can buy?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-memory.72129/
Relevancy 57.62%

hello guys just a little help needed is there a way to find out what type of memory i have in my pc with out taking it out
i no its ddr2 but i need to no the best speed and all the other stuff
i want to take it from 256 ddr2 to 2 gig
2x 1gig sticks but i dont no which type to get
i have a packard bell i start with windows xp home
thank you any help will be good
any more info i will try to help

A:ddr2 memory

Go here, click scan my system, it will show what RAM you have in there, as well as what RAM (of Crucial's products) will work in it.
You can also go to Corsair's site or www.kingston.com and manually insert your PC model number to find out which of their products work in your PC (to do some price comparison)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-memory.775026/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Here's my system: Win 7 64b Home Premium, CPU AMD Phenom 11 X4 945 3Ghz Socket AM3 Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2 Bios v. FK, Memory Crucial 4g DDR2 800

I am looking to add memory to 8g. I will need either 8g modules or two 4 gig. I am not finding reasonably priced memory for the MB. The system is not that old. What am I missing? How much do I have to spend?
Thanks

A:DDR2 Memory

There's a couple of things working against us (my system also uses DDR2 RAM).

1. DDR2 is obsolete, and has been for a while. As stocks diminish the vendors are going to charge more it.

2. Even though the recent fire in the Hynix factory probably didn't affect availability of DDR2, it was a good excuse to raise prices across the board.

Kent

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309085-ddr2-memory.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Guys,
I have recently joined this forum just because of some issues which are colliding in my mind..
Actually I want to know that Is DDR2 an excellent memory for automotive and industrial to server, consumer, networking, and computing?

A:Is DDR2 excellent memory?

Is there a reason for asking?

You can't just pick and choose the memory type you want. The memory type must match the design called for by the motherboard. DDR3 is the latest memory design and DDR4 will probably be available before long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-ddr2-excellent-memory.174005/
Relevancy 57.19%

hello guys hope you can help
just bought a new kingston 2gb ddr2 pc2-5300 ( 667 mhz )
and when i went to find it all it shown was the 256 ddr2 stick that had in when i started
i was told by web systems that it was fine for me to put my old one in as well
when i go to propertys all i have is 191 of memory avalible
any help would be great
thank you ........wayne
i have a packarde bell i start 1269i
window xp home

A:ddr2 memory not found

Is this a different make of ram from your old?
It sounds like the new memory is not compatible with the old ram or your machine.
Try swapping the ram to see if they work on their own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-memory-not-found.784912/
Relevancy 57.19%

I ve been running on gb of memory Kingston mhz for a while Recently i ordered another gb same and installed it just like the first But now my computer won t boot up I tried swapping the modules but same result Then Problem Memory DDR2 i removed the old one and replaced it with the new and then it worked But not with both of them The motherboard Zotac nForce i-ITX Processor Support - Intel Core Duo - DDR2 Memory Problem Intel Core Quad - Intel Core Extreme - Intel Pentium - LGA Socket - Up to MHz FSB Chipset - NVIDIA GeForce - NVIDIA DDR2 Memory Problem nForce i Front Side Bus - MHz FSB HT Support BIOS - Phoenix Award PnP Flash ROM BIOS Memory - Two DDRII Sockets Supports up to GB DDRII I O Onboard - One Channel Parallel ATA Connector Support up to Devices - Two Serial ATA II Ports - One HD Audio Port Line-in Line-out MIC-in - One PS Mouse Port - One DDR2 Memory Problem PS Keyboard Port - One Serial Port pin header - Four USB Ports on Back Panel Four USB on Pin Header - One RJ Port - VGA port - DVI port LAN - Onboard Mb s USB - Integrated in chipset USB x The memory modules Kingston GB Memory Module v pin MHZ assembled in China Kingston GB Memory Module v pin MHZ assembled in Malaysia Any ideas nbsp

A:DDR2 Memory Problem

Remove your CMOS battery. Wait an hour, then reinstall your BIOS.
If that doesn't work, your board needs work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-memory-problem.134339/
Relevancy 57.19%

I currently have 2 x 512 mb PC5300 Elixir in dual channel mode.

There are 2 free slots on my mobo - can I buy 1gb of memory and put it in one of those free slots?

Thanks

A:extra DDR2 memory

Yes mate you can add it to one of those free slots but i think you should buy matched 512 sticks and put them in dual C.M as well

Look at : Corsair TWIN2X1024A-6400C4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extra-ddr2-memory.543962/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am considering buying the new Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo that was announced a couple of days ago. One of the configurable options is to load it up with max DDR2 RAM of 3 GIG in 1x2Gig and 1x1Gig arrangement.

I heard about the dual channel memory benefit of accessing in full 128 bit mode when the RAM are installed in pairs.

So my question is if I upgrade to the above configuration, would that wipe out the benefit of 128 bit access?

Thanks very much.

A:Question on DDR2 Memory

Yes it would. Get 2GB in a 1GBx2 configuration i.e. one 1GB stick in each slot and it will enable u to use dual-channel mode for increased performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-ddr2-memory.61707/
Relevancy 57.19%

Is It Better To Install Ddr2 Memory In Matched Pairs Or Can They Be Added One At A Time Mixed With Different Memory Of The Same Size,also Can You Recommend A Good Brand Of Memory.thanks In Advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ddr2-memory-help.316203/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey all, New specs!!!

Anyway i have bought a new memory kit for my single 1GB DDR2 800MHz stick.

It is a Hyundai 1GB DDR2 667MHz stick.

NOW MY PROBLEM

Windows boots quite slow so i checked CPU-Z and it reported my RAM speed as 200MHz (400MHz DDR2)

I've looked into bios as to why but i have not changed anything. In bios RAM SPD is set to Auto and in Overclock iset it to 533 but it does NOTHING.

Please help and i will share some rep.

Thanks

A:DDR2 memory problems

Hello ,

To check the RAM issue, I better suggest you to run Memtest86+. This test will take some time, so keep patience.

Memtest 86+: An advance memory diagnostic tool

Please report your result after running Memtest86+.

Thanks.
Arvin

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289733-ddr2-memory-problems.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a couple of DDR2-4200 modules that i would like to put in my dad's computer. The only problem is that his motherboard supports DDR2-3200 memory. i was just wondering if faster DDR2 memory is backwards compatible with the lower seed DDR2 stuff.

It seems logical to me that the motherboard would accept it and run my memory(DDR2-4200) at the lower DDR2-3200 speeds. Could someone verify this or correct me if i am wrong(wouldn't be the first time).

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Guys,
I have recently joined this forum just beacuse of some issues which are colliding in my mind..
Actually I want to know that Is DDR2 an excellent memory for automotive and industrial to server, consumer, networking, and computing?

Relevancy 57.19%

I'm helping a friend upgrade his HP Pavillion a1030n computer. Right now it has two 256K stick installed in the No. 1 and 3 slots (from left to right). I was going to upgrade with two 512 sticks. Would adding those up the RAM to 1.5 Gigs or do all four have to match? And it adding the 512 will work, do I put those in the 2 and 4 slots or put the 512s side by side in the first two slots and the two 256s in the 3 and 4 slots? Or do I just add two more 256Ks to have a total of 1 GB?

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,
I need to buy memory for a ECS P4M800PRO-M v2 motherboard with a Pentium D 805 CPU. This system normally runs a 133 MHz bus clock giving specified 533 MHz memory speed.

However, I am planning to experiment with overclocking, so thinking to buy 667MHz (PC2-5300) or even 800MHz (PC2-6400) memory.

My question is, will this faster memory work at the normal 533 MHz speed, in case the overclocking does not work...?

Has anybody run a system with faster memory than specified... or have any comments...?

Thanks..!

A:DDR2 Memory -- faster = better?

this should work; the memory will just run at the slower speed.

Make sure you buy high quality memory. Check the recommended memory list for the mobo, and buy sticks that closely resemble the recommended ones if you're buying faster ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-memory-faster-better.72733/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I have a 512 SDRAM memory stick in my PC.

Is it possible to mix this with A 512 DDR? My m/board takes both types.

Thanks,

A:Mix n' Match memory?

Tiriman said:

Hi,

I have a 512 SDRAM memory stick in my PC.

Is it possible to mix this with A 512 DDR? My m/board takes both types.

Thanks,Click to expand...

nope sdram and ddr is 2 differant types wont even fint in the same slots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mix-n-match-memory.442247/
Relevancy 56.76%

Can you mix and match two different brands of memory? If you can, is it recommended?

Relevancy 56.33%

Afternoon I ve recently bought an ASrock core dual-SATA motherboard which has dual memory DDR DDR capability I ve been running on GB single stick DDR memory for a while and decided to upgrade to upgrading memory to Problems DDR2 x GB single stick DDR both exactly the same I would have thought by simply turning everything off removing the DDR memory and installing the x DDR memory sticks into the relevant DIM s and rebooting would be all I needed to do However I manage to boot into windows up as far as the welcome sound and the system makes a painful noise and re-boots After that it attempts to boot back into windows and all I get is a black screen I ve had the unfortunate experience of re-installing everything and I ve rolled-back to my original DDR memory and the computer works fine By going into the Problems upgrading to DDR2 memory bios whilst the DDR memory is installed I can see that the system recognises it but I m at a loss as to why I can t go any further I ve carried out all the usual checks eg cards being in securely no static etc etc I ve cleared the CMOS and rebooted with the DDR memory in and booted into windows Everything went fine my flash player updated itself rebooted as normal but this time I only made it half way through the boot process before it rebooted itself again It then took me to the safe mode option however my USB keyboard was disabled so I powered off and replaced the keyboard with a standard PS connection and rebooted I then received this black screen message WINDOWS COULD NOT START BECAUSE Problems upgrading to DDR2 memory THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPT WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM I powered off replaced the DDR memory to the original DDR everythings back to the way it was before and runs smoothly This morning I cleared the CMOS again Re-installed the DDR memory and booted into windows Everything worked okay I left the computer running all day and I ve had no Problems upgrading to DDR2 memory problems at all Then I reset the computer It appears that I can leave the computer running for as long as I like and the default BIOS settings will run with the DDR installed As soon as I reboot the computer however that s when everything goes wrong Does anyone have any other ideas they can think of I ve heard that sometimes DDR ram needing a little bit of extra juice but then I have no idea on how to change this Any help would be gratefully appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Well this is totally messed up lol After a week of computer crashing BSOD s PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL this one listed a problem with realtek RtkHDAud sys and a few restarts with no BSOD I have ran Memtest always finds no errors even when ran overnight Have ran ORTHOS set to torture cpu and ram never a problem Now brings me to the weird stuff aggrivated to death and back I decided to try one last thing The pc im working with Has x corsair xms ddr ram bought a duel mem gig kit I pulled one out and ran my pc gaming for hours not a crash ran game slow as heck but no crash I then swapped the one left in the pc Anyone problem ever this with of ddr2 memory? heard with the one i pulled same Anyone ever heard of this problem with ddr2 memory? deal no crash for approx hours Then im thinking wth I then popped both back in booted up started game as soon as game loaded and i started to play bam BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA So harray I now know its my ram but what i wonder is this Anyone else had this problem or even heard of something like this before cause i know i have never heard anyone talking about a problem like this with ram What could make it do this nbsp

A:Anyone ever heard of this problem with ddr2 memory?

Am I the only that feels that this post belongs in this thread?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-ever-heard-of-this-problem-with-ddr2-memory.70897/
Relevancy 56.33%

We have a GeForce 8400 video card with 512 MB DDR2 ram. Our PC's ram is DDR type.
I'm wondering if the two types of ram are in conflict or if the card is possibly defective. When we plugged it into the PCIe slot, nothing would appear on the monitor. I shut it down and restarted the PC with the cable hooked to the onboard monitor port while the 8400 card was still connected. We got no picture there either. When I unplugged the 8400 and restarted with the onboard port, everything was fine.

Is this a conflict with the 2 different types of RAM, or are the two types seperate entities?

Thanks,
Michael

Relevancy 56.33%

can we split ddr2 memory to be use better in some programs>?

and what it is virtual memory, and what is for, and to have better virtual memory what to do?

A:can we split ddr2 memory to be use better in some programs>?

AngelOfLighT said:

can we split ddr2 memory to be use better in some programs>?

and what it is virtual memory, and what is for, and to have better virtual memory what to do?Click to expand...

Hi there. I'm not quite sure what you are asking in your first question.

Virtual memory is exactly that, its not actual RAM memory (DDR & DDR2 etc) it is a section of your harddisk that your OS will use as make-shift memory when you have insufficient RAM memory. This in turn means that it is slower and doesn't perform as well as normal memory, due to your harddisk being much slower write/read than RAM memory.

So, in conclusion, RAM memory > virtual memory, however if you don't have enough RAM memory then you can edit how much virtual memory you would like to have (at least in windows you can, although not sure about Vista).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-we-split-ddr2-memory-to-be-use-better-in-some-programs.79109/
Relevancy 56.33%

If you put DDR2 667 memory in a motherboard designed for DDR2 533, will it still work?

A:Is DDR2 memory backwards compatable?

yes

667 is the fastest that it is rated to run at, it will run at all speeds lower than that including 533

unless you're planning to overclock, then there's no reason to spend the extra money on thr faster RAM because it will still run at 533

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-ddr2-memory-backwards-compatable.481568/
Relevancy 56.33%

I thought that the only motherboard that supported DDR and DDR was the GA-EP C-DS R but when I was reading the overview for the GA-X -DS this is what I found quot Intel X Express Chipset The Intel X Express Chipsets support the latest multi-core processors with FSB MHz including the upcoming nm processors with DDR3 for the and DDR2 GA-X38-DS4? support memory its record breaking performance and greater energy efficiency Intel X chipset with optimized system DDR2 and DDR3 memory support for the GA-X38-DS4? memory capabilities chipset over-speed protection removed for maximum overclocking providing faster boot and application load times and additional power savings Intel X chipset also offer options for both DDR and DDR memory support U providing scalable options for users wanting to take advantage of higher memory performance with less power consumption to run next generation applications such as high-definition video and D visualization quot THe above was taken from the following website http www gigabyte com tw Products Motherboard Products Overview aspx ProductID So can anyone tell me from personal experience or their own exstensive and rock-solid knowledge if this board can take DDR as well as DDR nbsp

A:DDR2 and DDR3 memory support for the GA-X38-DS4?

The board only supports DDR2. While the chipset may support both DDR2 & DDR3, it's upto motherboard manufacturers whether or not to design motherboards with support for only one, or both.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-and-ddr3-memory-support-for-the-ga-x38-ds4.107831/
Relevancy 56.33%

I got my 8GB's Mushkin HP2 6400 DDR2800 memory installed. I noticed that Vista 64, is performing better than before.

I've noticed my games also perform better than before. In about a week, when I have burned my memory in at the JEDEC Timings, I'm going to set the performance timings of 5-4-4-12. I'm picky like this, cause I don't want to take a chance on ruining my memory.

There weren't any problems with my Intel D97XBX2 detecting the memory, as I am running the latest bios for my board.

I'm actually liking Vista more, now that I have 8GB's of ram.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/160455-got-my-mushkin-hp2-6400-ddr2-800-memory.html
Relevancy 56.33%

my motherboard is an asus m2ne-sli motherboard. It says ddr2 up to 800mhz. Would it run DDR2 1000 memory at its full speed?
Or would i be able to overclock the ddr2 800 to 1000?

A:1000mhz ddr2 memory question

You'd have to overclock to get the full 1000Mhz speed from the memory, and unless you overclock the CPU with the memory there is little gain in running faster memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1000mhz-ddr2-memory-question.721308/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

I have a Dell 4700 Desktop with two sticks of 256MB (PC2-3200) DDR2 RAM. These are installed in the 1 and 2 DIMMs in order to take advantage of Dual channel memory.

However, I am planning of adding two more [different] sticks (1GB each) to DIMM slots 3 and 4. Will the system still take advantage of the dual channeling, in this setup?

Also, I am wondering greatly if I buy this new RAM, and it operates at PC2-4200, 5200, or 6400, will this disable the dual channel? What PC-xxxx RAM should I go for?

Also what is a good CAS latency to look for on RAM? What exactly does the PC2-xxxx number refer to?

Thank you.

Relevancy 56.33%

Corsair value select DDR or Crucial DDR which is better Hi I am in the process of building a PC and I need some advise as to which type or brand Need 667MHz help choosing memory DDR2 of memory to use that will keep my system stable Also in terms of quality and performance I have purchased the following parts for my configeration and I will Need help choosing DDR2 667MHz memory be using of my existing HD s Hitachi Deskstar k SATA GB Gigabyte GA- I X Royal Need help choosing DDR2 667MHz memory Motherboard Intel Pentium Socket GHz MB FSB Sapphire Technology Radeon X XT MB PCIE DVI I will mainly be using it for general PC use occaisional gaming video encoding watching movies WinRAR and Azureus P P I am thinking of buying the following memory modules but not sure if I should choose a Corsair Value Select or TWIN X - C MHz Crucial Part Number CT KIT AA Module Size GB kit GBx Package -pin DIMM Feature DDR PC - Specs DDR PC - CL UNBUFFERED NON-ECC DDR - V Meg x I done this memory compatibility search on the Crucial website and the above was included among others In terms of quality and performace is the above Crucial GB memory a good choice for a for this system or should I choose a Corsair Value select Is there a lot of difference quality and performace wise between Corsair and Crucial memory Many Thanks nbsp

A:Need help choosing DDR2 667MHz memory

the quality between the brands is about the same- they're both very good. RTFM to determine what the manufactuer prefers.

If you don't plan to overclock (and I don't recommend it) Value select memory is fine. There is a very good article on the screen about this when hit the techspot homepage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-ddr2-667mhz-memory.46689/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm back with most of my parts for my new build.

I have the memory, but I didn't get the dual memory, they sent me just one, one gig memory card. Does this have to be dual memory where the two cards come together or can I order another one just like it and it work the same.

Thanks,
NCGirlUSA

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I'm about to but a new motherboard and the specs say it takes dual-channel DDR3 memory. Will it be backwards-compatible? I'm hoping to use DDR2 mem as these RAM appear quite a bit cheaper at the moment. Thanks all,

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey Guy's,

Question my friend asked me today and I was unsure of. He would like to know if he bought a mother board that use's DDR3 memory can he use his current DDR2 memory Dim's. I was unsure of this because I have heard mixed storys about this.

Thanks
RitualJman

A:Can a DDR3 MotherBoard Run DDR2 Memory

Nope, they're notched differently,

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198774-can-ddr3-motherboard-run-ddr2-memory.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Can you just take a computer that is running DDR2 memory and change the memory to DDR3 or do you have to add other items?

A:Substituting DDR2 Memory for DDR3

Memory controller and DIMM slots have to be DDR3 compatible.

So no, you cannot.

With an AM3 CPU you would need a new motherboard.
With any other socket CPU you would need a new motherboard, and possibly a new CPU.

Currently, DDR2 is better for most systems anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/substituting-ddr2-memory-for-ddr3.865016/
Relevancy 56.33%

Question: Will a stick of pc 133 sdram work with this Shuttle board?
Specs show only an 83 FSB for top speed. Eeeeks.........
http://www.hothardware.com/reviews/HOT683.htm
The only pc 100 I have on hand is the via only type.
Lacking much knowlege,
- M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-memory-match.221804/
Relevancy 56.33%

FSB Speeds on CPU and Memory don't match-is that a problem?

I had a guy help me build a computer last fall and I was looking to upgrade the memory when I noticed that the speed on the CPU and the Memory don't match. Here is what I have....

ECS KT600-A mobo
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Thoroughbred 266MHz FSB Socket A
Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 333 (PC 2700)

The Mobo will support a CPU with speeds of FSB 400/333/266 MHz
and memory of DDR400/333/266 DDR SDRAM

My questions are

A. Will my computer run faster if the CPU matched the Memory?

B. Given the choice should I get an extra stick of 512MB ram at DD333 OR upgrade the CPU to match the current Memory?

C. (least likely (read no $) option) Scrap both the RAM and CPU and shell out for a new CPU and Memory that run at 400MHz?
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Relevancy 56.33%

I m looking to add another Gb of RAM to my computer It presently has Gb of PC RAM from Kingston I ve gotten some info with a hardware utility Manufacturer Kingston Part Number K Serial Number B A F Capacity MBytes Memory Type SDRAM DDR Speed PC MHz Data Width bits Voltage SSTL V Error Correction None Refresh Reduced x s I m Memory Solved: match wondering how necessary it is to match the four numbers CAS delay RAS precharge RAS to CAS delay and RAS active time that are included in many RAM descriptions Solved: Memory match I can t seem to find an exact match even from Kingston and I can t find what these numbers are for my existing RAM I guess the question is will any stick of PC work Another question I have is why the speed listed by my utility is MHz Solved: Memory match when it is DDR RAM Is it related to the fact that I have a bit processor Just curious I will appreciate any input nbsp

A:Solved: Memory match

No, not every stick will work (not for sure anyway). I guess though, Kingston is your best bet. You should match the timings and of course the speed. Usually matching the timings will do the job (3-3-3, 3-3-5 etc, you should find those numbers on the sticker of your RAM or printed on the module itself. Just get RAM with the same timings).

As for the speed, RAM runs at 200Mhz which equals to 400Mhz DDR. It has nothing to do with the 64bit CPU, it's just the way DDR RAM works.

Hope I helped!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-match.722880/
Relevancy 56.33%

I went to crucial memory, put in my model number (ASUS P4T533-C) and was told there is no matching memory sticks, possibly becuase it proprietary to the board--what a crock.

Anyone know what memory sticks will work for that board--specifically from crucial or somewhere else with a good price?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I bought a new custom built Pc and it came with x Corsair ddr chips already in the PC I bought a pair of gb super talent sticks for my not realizing that the timing for important latencies DDR2 matching when memory? Are these do not match the corsair timing specs will this cause my pc to act up Are latencies important when matching DDR2 memory? i did get a blue screen error msg that had x cant remember the last i googled and said it was a ram memory issue also does the placement of the memry modules mater into the board i have slots black and yellow offset thaks in advance here are the mobo Are latencies important when matching DDR2 memory? and ddr specs ASUS P N-E SLI LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard ------------------------------------------------------------ Manufacturer SUPER TALENT Brand SUPER TALENT Model T UB GC Type -Pin DDR SDRAM Speed DDR PC Cas Latency Timing - - - Heat Spreader Yes ------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------- CORSAIR CM X A- XMS - MB - - - DIMM Black XMS MHz - - - - T CM X A- TWIN X A- nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Guys,

Acer T180 with 2 X 512Gb PC2-4300 CL4 sticks. CPUZ reports as running at 100.5Mhz?

I want to add more memory.

Can I add 2 matched sticks of PC2-5400 CL4 1GB each
or 2 sticks of DDR2-5300 CL5 1GB each.
Both of the above at 675Mhz.

I have 4 slots each max of 1Gb; 2 used as above, 2 free.

What are the rules and implications for matching memory?
Is it correct that whatever I put in will run at the slowest speed i.e. the original PC2-4300 above?
Does it matter which slot pairs are used for which sticks e.g should the 1GB sticks go in the first two slots rather than the last.

I also see specifications like 5-5-5-15 , does that matter.

Wow, sorry for all the questions!

Thanks
Hew

Relevancy 55.9%

Just had a new P4 motherboard installed: ECS P4M800PRO-M478 (V1.0) which replaced the original Celeron board that died suddenly. The new motherboard has 4 memory slots, 2 for DDR1 and 2 for DDR2. This board has a maximum 2GB capacity. The manual says you can't mix memory types. I read that to mean you can install up to 2GB in the DDR1 slots or up to 2 GB in the DDR2 slots but 2 slots will always be unused. Is this correct? The manual should make it clear but but to my mind it doesn't. Thanks for any clarification.

A:Solved: confusion re DDR1 and DDR2 memory

SOCALKEN said:

I read that to mean you can install up to 2GB in the DDR1 slots or up to 2 GB in the DDR2 slots but 2 slots will always be unused. Is this correct? Click to expand...

Yes . . that is correct . . while the board can use either types, it cannot use both.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confusion-re-ddr1-and-ddr2-memory.533837/
Relevancy 55.47%

Recently preformed some upgrades and now my reported memory fluctuates, 128,131,192,256&262MB.
O/S win98
H/D Maxtor 40gb 7200 12/01
M/B Soltek SL-54u5
BIOS 54u5-10bin 12/01
CD-RW Pacific Digital 10-16-40 12/01
CPU AMD K6-2 500 12/01
RAM 256MB PC 100 03/00
V/C Vodoo 4500 03/00
Upgraded bios then installed new hard drive and cd-rw, found that 266 cpu would not support cd-rw, got 500 and installed.
I then noticed slower operations at times, started checking reported memory, found fluctuations.
Went to windows help memory trouble shooter, msconfig.exe/selective startup/cleared process system.ini file, no change. Got lost at device manager/ disable in this hardware profile, skipped to Msconfig.exe/ selective startup, cleared Process Config.sys & Autoexe.bat, no change.
Checked techguy archives, found DocMemory tester, ran, only found 128mb. Removed and cleaned contacts, rebooted and found 256MB. Next boot 128MB.

Relevancy 55.47%

I own a Micron Transport NX 400 laptop which could use a few sticks of 128 MB 144 Pin SODIMM RAM. It's an old laptop but not ancient, and I'm not sure if the memory I'm eyeballing would be compatible. Example of what I know I need:
http://www.memorysuppliers.com/mic12pc144pi1.html

And a place where it looks much cheaper:

http://www.omnitechnologies.biz/cgi...l=B&pg=prod&ref=SPC144128MB100G&cat=2&catstr=

(And P.S. - does anyone have any bad experience with Omni?)

Relevancy 55.47%

Operating System - Windows x recently updated to this from Windows XP Pro bit Anyways I also updated from GB of ram to GB Now I have to reduce the amount of maximum memory Windows boots with because of an older TV tuner card that does not work with GB or ram or more I know I should update the hardware which I will soon Anyways I tried to just reduce the ram from down to and then to but no matter what value I put in between and Windows reports that only GB is Match Doesn't msconfig Memory Max usable in the System information Either way when I do not limit the maximum memory the msconfig Max Memory Doesn't Match TV tuner card does not work properly green lines interrupt the picture and the sound plays intermittently If I limit the ram and it jumps down to GB then the TV tuner card works just fine My question is if there is some other way to limit the amount of ram to something just under GB like or multiples of so that I can use more than just half of one of my memory sticks Thank you for your help in advance and please let me know if there is any other information that I need to post Thanks pkreth nbsp

A:msconfig Max Memory Doesn't Match

It depends on the sizes and config of your sticks, but you'll just need to live with the subdivisions you are offered. You won't see any performance difference with a half gig one way or the other, anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msconfig-max-memory-doesnt-match.945770/
Relevancy 55.47%

Do you think this is a good combination of memory and motherboard?
Gigabyte GA 7VT600-1394

and

Kingston KVR400X64C3AK2/1G 1GB ?

Thanks for the input!

A:good match between memory and mobo

Did you use the option to match memory to your motherboard ? If so, then you have a recommended match.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-match-between-memory-and-mobo.205790/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have been struggling with a new system Issues Memory System Affecting Reliability DDR2 build for a while now and I am running out of ideas trying to solve the problems I am trying to use two KVR D N G DDR2 Memory Issues Affecting System Reliability ddr modules in dual channel mode these are listed in the bios correctly and on the whole the system works well except I occasionaly get problems with resume from sleep A the machine will restart and then take ages to resume i get a yellow triangle conflict listed against Standard Dual Cnannel PCI IDE Controller in Device Manager not enough resources available B system runs very sluggishly C sometimes get Nvidia driver stopped responding Restarting temporarily restores normal operation I have had a BSOD once at startup referring to a Memory Management Problem swapping the ram sticks over changing slots on the motherboard cured this problem If I install only ram module at a time i dont get any of the above problems if i try to install both together in single channel mode the system goes haywire with multiple graphics driver crashes I have run Memtest for many hours on each module individually and together and not shown any errors The memory was bought at the same time and is identical and as mentioned lists correctly in the bios as running in dual channel mode I know that ' identical ' ram can still have differances due to manufacturing tolerances could this be my problem or is the motherboard being ' fussy ' unfortunately i dont have any matched spare ram to carry out comparison tests to rule out a ram problem at the moment tempted to just go and buy some Event viewer does not give any real clues as to problem areas I have seen other threads mentiioning some of the above problems but not seen any where all these problems are being experienced together at the same time My hair is going grey please help thanks

A:DDR2 Memory Issues Affecting System Reliability

Hi Kris2fer and welcome to W7 Forums

I've checked the QVL list, and those modules are listed. Did you buy these modules as a dual-channel kit of 2 modules, or did you buy them individually? The fact that both modules work when installed individually, but that they don't when used together in either single or dual channel mode would indicate a possible timing issue between the modules. You could try loosening the timings in the BIOS to see if that makes any difference (see pp42-43 of the motherboard manual).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/170393-ddr2-memory-issues-affecting-system-reliability.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an Asus P5W64-WS board. It runs the 975X chipset. I have upgraded to the latest BIOS and installed an Intel E6850. All is well, and not unexpectedly my temps have dropped about 8 degrees centigrade. My bus speed is reported as 333, FSB as 1333, and my multiplier as 9. My question is, what is the optimal DDR2 memory speed that I should pair with this processor? I am not going to overclock or game, so I am not as concerned about latency or tweaking, I just want to know what the optimal memory speed would be to match the FSB, etc. This computer is used as a trading workstation, so stability trumps wringing the last bit of speed out of the the system.

Thanks for any suggestions.

A:E6850 & Optimal DDR2 Memory w/975X Chipset

First of all, nice board

The 975X chipset supports 1066MHz RAM (PC8500) so no reason to use any other lower clocked RAM with that CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e6850-optimal-ddr2-memory-w-975x-chipset.101670/
Relevancy 55.47%

I really used to be up on the latest and greatest thing in personal computers It s easy to get behind So I learned the hard way that DDR pin memory won t work in a DDR pin slot Oh it will Vs DDR DDR2. Solved: a1120n upgrade, Pavilion memory fit into the slot with much persuasion but it won t work I have an Solved: Pavilion a1120n memory upgrade, DDR Vs DDR2. HP Pavilion a n Media Center PC It has banks of memory slots blue slots and black slots My PC came with MB PC- DDR SDRAM Solved: Pavilion a1120n memory upgrade, DDR Vs DDR2. memory it says that on the label on the front of the machine Apparently the PC- is Solved: Pavilion a1120n memory upgrade, DDR Vs DDR2. what I ignored from the start I think that was the clue that I missed telling me that I should have ordered DDR memory which has pins pins on each side I ordered the suggested memory upgrade kit from hpshopping com The pin DDR memory that they sent to me looked like the memory I had in my Pavilion After some very sore thumbs the memory did go into the slot but when I turned the computer on it would not start up After calls to HP I still did not understand what was going on After searching the Web I was thinking that maybe I did have DDR memory in my machine At a loss I turned my Pavilion off grounded myself pulled one of my DIMMs out and counted the pins on the front of my memory Sure enough I counted pins Even on the phone with HP they kept suggesting the pin memory I did call them back and told them that I counted pins on my memory and the technician did not know what that meant At any rate I m glad my Media Center PC has DDR memory in it I did find a great site for finding answers to my memory questions http www crucial com index asp When I went to this site they knew much more than HP seemed to know about my Pavilion I was very impressed that on a Saturday they had someone that I was able to instant message on their site and they answered my questions Old dogs like me can learn new tricks Dave nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pavilion-a1120n-memory-upgrade-ddr-vs-ddr2.432171/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm confused. Just was looking to upgrade some RAM in a machine & came across what appears to be an odd conflict. Why would a manufacturer recommend a maximum memory less than what the motherboard is capable of handling?

Just one of those weird questions that comes up.

Relevancy 55.04%

My system is using a lot of memory and CPU time so I looked at Task Manager to see where all the resources are being consumed. The problem is that the numbers don't match up. For instance under Performance the Task Manager reports 7.6GB of memory usage. However, when I add up the about 140 processes I only get to 4.3GB. So where did all the other 3.3GB go?

A:Memory and CPU Usage Does Not Match Processes List

Could you post a shot of resource monitor showing the memory tab ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/365391-memory-cpu-usage-does-not-match-processes-list.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Is this considered value RAM? I bought 2gigs of it for $50, installed it and it is defaulting to DDR-667. Seemed like a steal at the time

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820134583

I had to manually go into BIOS and up the voltage and increase the clock - It is now at DDR-800
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And while were at it, newegg.com advertises this http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820134583
as SLI ready, but I do NOT see where you would hook up the SLI cable. Anybody?
Just a few kinks with the new build

A:Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel De

From the newegg comments:

I feel as like I should clear up the confusion about this memory. This ram is programed to default to DDR2-667 at 1.8volts instead of the DDR2-800 at 2volts. This is because most motherboards default to 1.8v, and it would suck if you were trying to build a new computer and you couldn't boot because your memory only ran at 2v. That's why kingston made it so you can run it at 1.8v(although at a slower speed) and change it to 2v later. YOU NEED TO MANUALLY SET THE VOLTAGE TO 2VOLTS AND SPEED TO DDR2 800 @ 4-4-4-12 IN THE BIOS. If you don't do this then you are wasting good memory. If you don't believe me then read the data sheet here: http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KHX6400D2LLK2_2G.pdfClick to expand...

So that makes sense...

Also I think your 2nd link is the same as your first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kingston-hyperx-2gb-2-x-1gb-240-pin-ddr2-sdram-ddr2-800-pc2-6400-dual-channel-de.97219/
Relevancy 52.03%

A friend of mine is upgrading his computer. He has an XFX 680i lt sli motherboard. What is better in RAM: 2gb at 800mhz or 4gb at 667mhz? He has XP. Also, should he get ECC ram, buffered ram, or normal ram? He wants to play games such as WoW, DIablo II, and maybe Crysis.

A:Ram question: ddr2 4gb at 667mhz or ddr2 2gb at 800mhz?

Four. You definitely notice a 100% difference in amount over 25% in memory speed - which isn't really noticeable anyway.

That mainboard uses normal DDR2 memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-question-ddr2-4gb-at-667mhz-or-ddr2-2gb-at-800mhz.93671/
Relevancy 52.03%

...can it be replaced with PC2 5300 DDR2 CL5 DDR2 SODIMM. Will my computer explode if I use it? It's a IBM Lenovo 3000, 1.5ghz, w/Intel Celeron M. Thank you

A:My system uses PC2 4200 DDR2 CL4 NP DDR2 SODIMM

Go here and on the right,.. click Scan My System http://www.crucial.com/index.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-system-uses-pc2-4200-ddr2-cl4-np-ddr2-sodimm.509994/
Relevancy 49.88%

i have an old laptop which has 4 gigs DDR2 using 2 channels, is there any adapter or linker which would allow me to connect my laptop memory to my desktop sized slot

A:DDR2 Laptop to Desktop DDR2

Yes. See Adapter / Tester : Laptop DDR2 200 pin SODIMM RAM to desktop DDR2 240 pin DIMM RAM: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250078-ddr2-laptop-desktop-ddr2.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I just purchased 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 MHZ RAM and installed it into my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H). I have tried fixing the problem by readjusting the vdimm voltage to 2.1 volts after reading on the G.Skill website that 2.1v is compatible with most motherboards. After doing so, I tried to change the settings in my BIOS to manual so i could reconfigure the RAM to a 1066 mhz option but the max still only shows as 800. Please help me out if you know any way i can change the frequency to the 1066 mhz my ram is actually supposed to be .

Relevancy 49.88%

are they interchangeable?

if my board has DDR2, can i use the ddr2 dual channel?

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a 1GB stick of pc4200 (533mhz) ram in my comp at the moment, which is an AMD dual core w/ a 2000mhz MT FSB, in an AMD M2N4-SLI motherboard. Im wondering whether it would be better to start off by buying pc6400 (800mhz) RAM or sticking with what i have, the question is would 4 sticks of RAM running at 533mhz which adds up to 2132mhz total (533mhz x 4sticks) be the same as 4x sticks of pc6400 since the FSB would handle them running the same speed (3200mhz total, much greater than the fastest the FSB can run which is 2000) is having the more powerful ram better if i have so much that the FSB cant handle the speed? Im not really knowledgable in this field so i thought id ask the pros.

heres a link to the motherboard:http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=323&model=1266&modelmenu=1

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,

I have Intel's D-915 processor, D102GCC2 Mob, 512 MB 533 Mhz DDR2 (UMAX)

I want to put another 1GB of DDR2 RAM in other slot. Can both work together well.

Also if I will go for 1Gb 667Mhz DDR2.. then ? Any problem..

Plz Suggest..

Thanx..............

A:can a 533MHz DDR2 RAM and 800 Mhz DDR2 RAM work together ?

If your motherboard is limited to 533 mhz then a 667mhz memory stick will be automatically underclocked to 533mhz, defeating the object of buying the faster ram. As for if 2 sticks of 512mb and 1gb work together side by side, I've never tried it but suspect it would work. If you get any problems, make sure you put the 1gb stick into the 1st memory slot (the slot your 512Mb stick is in at the moment) and put your old 512mb stick into the second slot. I remember reading that the CPU is happier running a bigger memory stick in the 1st slot. It may be an old wives talke, but its worth trying if you get problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-533mhz-ddr2-ram-and-800-mhz-ddr2-ram-work-together.633123/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade replace my current 2x2GB DDR2-667 modules with 2x2GB DDR2-1066 modules in a couple days but I'm wondering if I really need that!

I mainly write software and run linux on virtualbox on that particular machine and so far everything works really well but I'm looking forward to game a little on it as well, after a video card upgrade of course!

So, would I get like a reasonable performance increase with those ddr2-1066 modules or should I just forget about them and keep my current setup?

A:DDR2-667 to DDR2-1066 performance?

Does your motherboard support the DDR2-1066?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-667-to-ddr2-1066-performance.173140/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.

I have a MSI K9A2 CF V2.

It supports Up DDR2 1066 and up to 8GB.

I have 2 2GB sticks right now which I will be moving to another computer. I wish to buy 2 sets of 2 2GB 10666. The board support 4 sticks of ram. If I buy 2 separate of the same memory will I have an issue meaning 4 total sticks of the same ram. Meaning will the sticks do there little duel channel thing??

Thanks,
Kyle

Relevancy 46.01%

I just realized I have some extra ram laying around. Here is the question. I was wondering if [email protected] with my AMD 9950 Black Edition OC'ed to 3ghz would be better than [email protected] with my CPU stock at 2.6ghz. I play things like WoW and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Mostly new stuff.

A:4gb DDR2 1066 or 8gb DDR2 800

Definitely better off with just 4Gb, and having your CPU OCed than to have 8Gb, and running stock.

The difference probably is minimal anyway.

This is a different scenario if you do alot of photoshopping or RAM intensive stuff, those games won't take up gobs of RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4gb-ddr2-1066-or-8gb-ddr2-800.144544/
Relevancy 46.01%

Why is it that my cpu can only read 2gb?do i need to overclock/underclock the other ram?

A:Mixing ram 1gb ddr2 667 and 2gb ddr2 800

Since you did provide computer specs, I assume 1GB is allocated to onboard video memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/195062-mixing-ram-1gb-ddr2-667-2gb-ddr2-800-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I just bought seperate parts for my computer from newegg and I realized that when i changed my board, i forgot to make the ram match! I have ddr2 533 memory but my mobo supports ddr2 800, could the 533s still work?

A:DDR2 533 fit in a DDR2 800 slot?

Yes, they are physically the same but you may decrease the performance depending on what processor you have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-533-fit-in-a-ddr2-800-slot.530569/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I am new here long time reader and follower This is 667 Confusion and for DDR2 WEI - 800 DDR2 Same my WEI Same for DDR2 800 and DDR2 667 - Confusion first post and you lot seem mighty helpful I just installed Win RTM x - I had GB DDR RAM as follows GB DDR GB WEI Same for DDR2 800 and DDR2 667 - Confusion DDR GB DDR GB DDR My WEI was for RAM My chipset is INTEL DG WH - latest BIOS Drivers Etc My board supports dual channel DDR RAM upto and has DIMM I purchased x GB DDR and removed the - totaling up to GB GB DDR GB DDR GB DDR GB DDR And guess what my WEI is still for RAM I read my mobo manual and it said that RAM must match in speed and size So I tried as follows Channel GB DDR Channel Empty Channel GB DDR Channel Empty and Channel GB DDR Channel GB DDR Channel Empty Channel Empty My WEI still reads as - My memory timing according to everest is - - - I set the speed to manual is BIOS but am now confused as to why it is still reading as when many users are reporting 's with GB DDR At least it should improve over - please help

A:WEI Same for DDR2 800 and DDR2 667 - Confusion

Did you re-run the assessment?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/23371-wei-same-ddr2-800-ddr2-667-confusion.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all

I am building my new computer soon and i am juggling between going with 4GB of DDR2-1066 ram or DDR2-800.

My question is this. Is DDR2-1066 worth paying extra for? How much of a performance gain is there?

Either way, i will be going with 4GB of Corsair XMS2 memory.

Thanks, Nissanman

A:DDR2-800 vs DDR2-1066

Actually selecting between 800 and 1066 RAM in the same brand doesn't present to terrible price penalty.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231226

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231219

For 5 bucks more I'd go with the DDR2 1066. That's whether I could tell the difference or not.

Truth is, DDR2 10666 generally runs @ 2.0 volts or better, if you set the BIOS @ 1.8 (the generic DDR2 voltage), it's liable to default to 800Mhz anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-800-vs-ddr2-1066.145089/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have had a DDR2-533 512mb stick for a while and its been using up the first slot for quite a while. I just got 2 DDR2-800 1gb sticks for a gift and was wondering if i should rearrange them in the slots or what? I have 4 slots, 2 orange and 2 green. Any help would be great.

Relevancy 46.01%

My current ram is DDR2 so will any DDR2 work?

A:If my RAM is DDR2, will any DDR2 work?

Its best to match the speed at which you know your motherboard will operate.

DDR2-533
DDR2-666
DDR2-800
DDR2-1066
Which motherboard (computer model number would suffice) do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/if-my-ram-is-ddr2-will-any-ddr2-work.188571/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-a-ddr2-memory-graphics-card-with-ddr3-sli-graphics-card.890912/
Relevancy 36.98%
Q: Ddr2

I have 2x2 Gb DDR2 memory, but I would like to have a total of 8Gb, is it possible?

A:Ddr2

Hello Stefi,

Yes, it sure is. Looking at your Asus P5QLD PRO motherboard specs at the link below, you could just add another set of 2x2 GB DDR2 RAM modules of the same MHz timing to have a total of 8 GB.

Motherboards - P5QLD PRO

If you are not sure of what your RAM timings are, then the free program Speccy can help show what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/319314-ddr2.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have 2 gigs pc3200 ddr 400 on my mobo and I'm looking to up grade my ATI 9550 256mb AGP card, which has DDR mem.

My question is will an AGP card with DDR2 memory be compatable with the DDR on my mobo?

If not what AGP card would be a better upgrade?

A:DDR and DDR2

No problem. Memory on a video card does not have to match your MB memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr-and-ddr2.544463/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a 6GB mix of OCZ Reaper 8500 DDR2 and 9200 DDR2 running at 857mhz, 4-3-3-5-2T in my system and it's great. I also happen to have a 2x 2GB kit of G.skill around here.

I am contemplating swapping the 2gb of 9200 in my system for the 4gb of G.skill giving me 8GB instead of 6GB. I'm mainly just curious if I can make it work more than anything, but curious if there is any real point of 8GB vs 6GB of DDR2.

Thoughts?

A:8GB vs 6GB DDR2

If its just an experiment go for it and have fun, but unless you really need the extra 2gb, I doubt that you're going to see increase in performance...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/18395-8gb-vs-6gb-ddr2.html
Relevancy 36.98%

hi guys i have just been given a nvidia 8500gt 512mb videocard.the specs say it is a ddr2 card.my pc has ddr1 ram.will it work with my pc?.p.s.sorry about lack of info .xp sp2.

A:ddr&ddr2?.

Memory on the video card has nothing to do with memory on the computer.

Please be aware that the 8500 is not a gaming card... unless the games were made before 2004.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr-ddr2.712028/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi
which one should i go for with my P5Q pro mobo + E8400

OCZ Reaper 2x2GB 1066 MHz
G.Skill 2x2GB 1000 MHz PQ or
Kingston Hyperx 1066 MHz

with these can i run [email protected]

A:Which DDR2 Ram

I think its much of a muchness but heres the qualified vendors list from Asus P5Q-PRO-QVL.pdf

anything not on that list may give issues and need manual setting for timings and voltages but may also give no problem if you carefully match them to the motherboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130471-ddr2-ram.html
Relevancy 36.98%

For My PC
I have 1 2gb of 667 mhz ddr2 and 1 2gb ram of 800 mhz ddr2... What is the RAM operating speed ?

Also tell me i need to upgrade to 6gb RAM on my desktop !!!
i wanna buy another 2gb ram ddr2 coz my dg33 fb supports ddr2
which shud i buy ???

Relevancy 36.98%

If i get a 2GB DDR2 will it perform any adavantage? I am currently using 4GB DDR2. Will the 2GB be over taken by my 4GB? Im wondering this because one of my games doesnt look as good as i want it plus i want to enhance performance.

EDIT: I have a dv4 1275mx will the DDR2 fit?

A:If i get DDR2...

looking good and performance are two different animals, more so when it comes to laptops.

More memory might be able to yield more FPSs (Frames per Second... speed!) if by that much, better visual of graphics comes from your Video card & CPU and I am thinking that having an Onboard chip as a card, does not do well when playing games.

Now, if you give us a little more feedback of what kind of games and what you use the laptop for, we can perhaps help better?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238715-if-i-get-ddr2.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,
What would be better from these two??

http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=17415

or

http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=18306

one of them is DDR and the other DDR2.....and how come the DDR2 is cheaper???

Thanks for your help!
Dom

PS: can i use a SATA drive drive to boot up a computer? or does it have to be IDE?

Relevancy 36.98%

will ddr2 ram work on a ibookg4

A:DDR2 ram

Depends if the ibookg4 supports DDR2 ram, please post your current system specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-ram.97675/
Relevancy 36.98%

Windows Xp, Media Centre Edition, Ver 2002, Intel Celeron(R) D 3.20GHz, 1Gig Ram.

I want to increase DDR2 Ram but what do I buy, there seems to be diferent speeds, which do I need???

John

A:DDR2 Ram

You need the RAM that is compatable with your motherboard.
The CPU and Windows version give no hint to that.

As Windows MCE was OEM, its likely to be a brand name (HP, Dell etc), so if you could supply the actual maker and exact model, we could probably help more here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-ram.574012/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have an ECS P4M800PRO-M(V2.0), Pentium D 915 OC to 3.2GHz, 2GB PC2-5300, and I am running Windows XP Pro. My board supports up to 2gb of PC2-4200(533MHz) and that is what I ordered on Ebay but I received 2GB PC2-5300 instead. I'm not complaining except my board only reads 1GB PC2-4200. I know the speed is backwards compatible, but I do not understand why the BIOS only reads 1GB. DX Diagnostic Tool, PC Wizard 2008, and CPUID all read 2x1GB PC2-5300, but the BIOS does not. Can anyone explain this to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-help.692740/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a budget emachine T desktop I just bought for my son It has the P HT and has DDR ram with Vista Of course it s slow I d like to max out the Ram to gb I m unsure about the correct ram to buy I see PC - DDR2 Ram and up I also see up to MHZ The PC doesn t DDR2 Ram specify these figures Just don t want to buy better ram than the machine supports Does it still work even if it s better than what s in the machine There s slots with in each that I guess become useless because I hear for DDR to work best matched sticks are preferred I see deals all over the net for gb kits for around any brands to stay away from I saw G Skill gb DDR SDRAM mhz pc - for free shipping at newegg I know it s not a good machine but for including a printer and quot flat CRT I simply couldn t find anything comparable I think it might actually work OK with more ram Any input would be appreciated nbsp

A:DDR2 Ram

RAM will only work at the FSB of the motherboard, or at the speed of any slower RAM fitted. Fitting faster RAM will not make it run faster than the FSB of the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-ram.565501/
Relevancy 36.98%

Wish to upgrade my memory in my desktop by a further 2 Gb. Currently have 6 Gb of DDR2 800mhz memory in a Advent Centurion cq9204. problem is dunno how many pins the memory sticks have, it aint written anywhere on them.
Any thoughts.

A:Ddr2 ram

you currently have 6gb of ram, what are you doing that you require another 2GB? for majority of people 4GB is enough. So unless your doing some heavy photoshop graphics your probably wasting money on more ram, you may want to use that money toward something else to see more of a performance increase.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-ram.905335/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm buying 1 GB of RAM, and my motherboars supports both DDR2 and regular DDR. My question is, DDR2 is better yes, but how much better? Is it worth spending more money on? And is there a noticeable difference?

A:DDR2 vs DDR RAM

Short answer,yes it is faster but is it worth it to you.What do you use the computer for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-vs-ddr-ram.377199/
Relevancy 36.98%

Will my DDR2 533 work with this MOBO? I ask because I know AM2 has some issues with compatibility.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813185084

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-533-w-am2.59458/
Relevancy 36.98%

I just bought a Gateway tower at a garage sale with no hard drive or no memory. I inserted another hard drive from an older gateway machine but I have no idea what kind of Ram I need to get. It has a Pentium 4 CPU. The serial/model number on the box reads : 0025768844/MFATXSTL ELP 500C.

From what I've hard it needs DDR or DDR2 ram but which kind will work on this machine?

A:Do I need DDR or DDR2 Ram?

From the gateway site it uses pc2700 ddr memory.
BTW if you input the serial number into the gateway site, you can see everything you want to know about that system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-ddr-or-ddr2-ram.573113/
Relevancy 36.98%

All,

What does the following mean:

Registered/Unbuffered
Voltage
Cas Latency
ECC/Non-ECC

and what areas will make it more faster (example will Cas Latency 4 be faster then Cas Lantency 3; ECC vs Non-ECC)? Is higher the voltage better?

Thanks!

A:Ddr2 Ram

You'll want to match RAM voltage to your MOBO, 184pin 1.7v for example.
Lower Cas letency is faster, you can find 2, 2.5 and 3 usually, but the lower the latency the less stable the RAM is. Usually if you find a 3 it is Buffered and/or ECC for stablity.
ECC is error correcting code, it detects when your RAM has errors, which is nice, and can even fix single bit errors. Usually ECC is used in servers and isn't of HUGE importance in most home PCs, registered RAM is recommended if you plan on breaking the gigbyte barrier with ram though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-ram.392013/
Relevancy 36.98%

Is there a motherboard that is DDR2 800 compatible and has SLI capabilities???

i have a stick of corsair DDR2 800 and wanted to get an SLI Mobo, if there is no SLI + DDR2 800, should i just go with a Mobo that has DDR2 and forget the SLI or vice versa...this is a gaming PC so i wanted to get the most performance i can get. thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-800-sli.38404/
Relevancy 36.98%

I was wondering if i get a new motherboard with ddr2 slots, could i still use my DDR ram in there because i have about 2.5 gigs of it and i dont wanna get DDR 2 chips, and i ndesperately need a new motherabord. any suggestions as to what board i could get, i need one with a good sound attachment, sata, . right now i have a gateway 702ge system and im looking for something similar with a little more pep to its step.

Relevancy 36.98%
Q: Ddr2

Hi, lately i have been hearing that the DDR2 RAM has been becoming standard...Can someone explain to me why? I always though that DDR4 was the more advance ones.

A:Ddr2

i think you're being confused with DDr4 with ddr 400. DDR400 is basically ddr. With 2700 and 3200 version etc...

DDR2 is faster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2.78877/
Relevancy 36.98%

First off I'd like to thank loserOlimbs for his help in my last issue.

OK, it's just a quick question. I have 1 gig of dual channel(512x2) DDRII 667 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220070 and I was wondering if it is OK to put it in a DDRII 533 motherboard?

I'm at work, so I don't know when I can respond. Thanks.

A:DDR2 667 to 533?

Yes, it's okay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-667-to-533.482679/