Windows Support Forum

IntelŪ Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot

Q: IntelŪ Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot

I was wondering as I've got spare slot Mini PCI-Express free on my laptop if such Intel Card ITM could fit inside This technology is quite not expensive actually The mini PCI-E Memory slot on Intel? PCI-Express Mini Turbo Card is very ease to access under Intel? Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot my keyboard and it just have to be inserted and at system reboot Intel? Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot Windows will recognize straight that card and the proper Intel Turbo drivers It does act like quot Windows ReadyBoost quot amp quot Windows ReadyDrive quot under and Vista so the system will load faster boost the disk cache load faster Apps amp perform battery improvement Work on quot Mobile Intel Express Chipset familly quot amp quot Mobile Intel Express Chip Familly quot - gb RD RB no software pinning - gb RD RB no software pinning - gb RD no RB software pinning Any experience in return or it is just like inserting a SD Card in the Card Reader to Ready Boost See also this Post http www sevenforums com general-d robson-pe html EDIT Looks some of you threads seems telling not bothering about gimmick stuff for geek guy That's just annoy me having spare mini Pci-e slot as i won't install an expensive G card I don't need it either

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IntelŪ Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: IntelŪ Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot

Quote: Originally Posted by NoN

I was wondering as I've got 2 spare slot Mini PCI-Express free on my laptop, if such Intel Card (ITM) could fit inside...This technology is quite not expensive actually.

The mini PCI-E is very ease to access under my keyboard and it just have to be inserted, and at system reboot, Windows7 will recognize straight that card and the proper Intel Turbo drivers.

It does act like "Windows ReadyBoost" & "Windows ReadyDrive" under 7 and Vista...so the system will load faster....boost the disk cache, load faster Apps & perform battery improvement.

Work on "Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset familly" & "Mobile Intel 4 Express Chip Familly".

-1 gb (RD, RB, no software pinning),
-2gb (RD, RB, no software pinning),
-4gb (RD, no RB, software pinning).

Any experience in return? or it is just like inserting a SD Card in the Card Reader to Ready Boost?

See also this Post:
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...robson-pe.html

EDIT:
Looks some of you (threads) seems telling not bothering about...gimmick stuff for geek guy!?!

That's just annoy me having spare mini Pci-e slot, as i won't install an expensive 3G card (I don't need it either!)

With 4 gigs of ram any sort of boost program isnt going to help much since it wont often be used.

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/86716-intel-turbo-memory-card-mini-pci-express-slot.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Okay I did something really stupid It was late I was Memory on laptop A215-S7416 MicroSD the Express stuck Satellite slot Card Card my in in the dark and I wasn t paying attention obviously so here s what happened I had a SanDisk GB Micro SD Memory Card that I was using in my cell phone I wanted to transfer some pics amp photos from my computer to the phone so I decided to stick it in the Express Card slot of my laptop Simple enough right Well being the incredibly smart person that I am I put the micro memory card in the adapter but it was the wrong one So my computer pretty much swallowed it whole I can t MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop get it back out Now I can t use the Express Card slot in my computer AT ALL because the old one MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop is still stuck in there You can t really see it but if you try to put another adapter in there it won t quot click quot It won t go all the way because the old one I lost is still in there waiting to be rescued haha So my question is How do I get the memory card out of my computer I tried taking it apart but I couldn t get the part of where the express card slot is so that was no good There s a way to do this I know I m just not smart enough to figure it out on my own Which is probably a good thing because I might mess it up again lol I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop Any help is appreciated Thanks -Ashley nbsp

A:MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-memory-card-stuck-in-the-express-card-slot-on-my-satellite-a215-s7416-laptop.795517/
Relevancy 83.85%

hi

I was wondering if a Mini PCI wifi card will work in a PCI express slot?

if someone could please let me know that would be very helpful

Thanks

A:Solved: Mini PCI in PCI express slot

Nope. PCI and PCI-Express are two completely different interfaces. Mini PCI-Express cards also will not work in a regular PCI-Express slot on a desktop computer, you would need an adapter card and the cost more than a PCI-Express Wifi card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mini-pci-in-pci-express-slot.1117838/
Relevancy 83.42%

Intel? Turbo Memory - Intel? Turbo Memory support

Otherwise known as Intel(R) Flash Cache Logic Chip. Anyone managed to find compatible drivers for this pesky device?

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Guys,

Im still getting the invalid driver crap for intel turbo memory for my asus f3sc laptop. I've tried downloading the latest intel turbo memory and it installed in compatability mode but it still messed up in the device manager. I've also tried the one provided by asus but no dice. Im running build 71000. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Aleks

Relevancy 82.56%

I have a new notebook computer - Sager NP P GB RAM GB rpm HD I bought the Intel Turbo Drive option with GB memory The OS is Vista Home Premium -bit Everything is running fine except the Turbo Drive I am well-pleased with the computer and Sager tech support has been great except they have not been able to solve the Turbo memory problem I have loaded Turbo Memory Intel function will not the latest driver - - several times Turbo Memory Console gets loaded but shows Intel Turbo Memory will not function both ReadyBoost and ReadyDrive as disabled Clicking in the box to enable ReadyDrive and rebooting does not change the situation The box to enable ReadyBoost is grayed out and canot be checked A shortcut icon has been placed on ther desktop labeled quot IntelTurbo Memory Dashboard quot - clicking on this gets a Intel Turbo Memory will not function error message quot It apears that the Intel Turbo Memory device is not functioning properly or is not present quot I have tried two different Turbo Memory modules same results Device Manager at quot Storage controllers quot lists quot Intel Turbo Memory Controller quot and right-clicking then left-clicking on quot Properties quot gets the status report that quot Intel Turbo Memory will not function This device is working properly quot What am I doing wrong What can I do to get Intel Turbo Memory functional

A:Intel Turbo Memory will not function

At least from what I can tell, your computer's IDE controller must be functioning in AHCI mode for Intel Turbo Cache to work. Is your computer set in that mode (check bios)?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212800-intel-turbo-memory-will-not-function.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi

I have a possibility to buy cheap an intel turbo memory 1GB. The seller says that it works only on Vista, and that 512MB are for Vista ReadDrive, and 512MB are for Vista ReadyBoost. Can me someone explain in easiest words what is ReadyBoost and ReadyDrive? And will it work on Windows 7? And makes it any sense? What benefits can i have from using it.

My computer is an Compal FL90 laptop

A:Intel Turbo Memory 1GB on Windows 7

Don't bother if you have 2GB installed already as regular ram. You will not notice an appreciable difference.

Readyboost uses memory other than RAM to increase system speed. It's mainly for low memory situations. Say 1GB or less will notice an improvement.

My advice: Don't bother.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/26850-intel-turbo-memory-1gb-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I am lookin for those drivers.

Its mainly being used in laptops I downloaded the latest driver from intel but during the install it says OS not supported.

Maybe someone can help?

A:Intel Turbo Memory Driver for windows 7

Did you install with compatibility mode selected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1595-intel-turbo-memory-driver-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Windows and using Intel Turbo RAM Windows (Robson) Intel Turbo Memory using as 7 Memory Robson as a persistent RAM Quote What I am about to describe below definitely falls under the 'unsupported' and 'not-an-intended-use' category for Windows 7 using Intel Turbo Memory (Robson) as RAM Intel Turbo Memory I debated about posting this for a few months but it has worked well enough for me that I feel secure in describing how to do this Of course if something breaks please let me know in the comments section and we'll get it documented Typically Intel Turbo Memory is included as a mini-PCIe option on laptops and some desktops and provides an embedded version of ReadyBoost and or ReadyDrive Most computers have enough RAM these days so the boost from ReadyBoost is pretty minimal With that in mind I figured I would try to see if I could re-purpose the Turbo Memory In Windows as of driver version the memory is exposed to the OS as a Storage Controller with a disk volume of IMD- By default it will automatically enable and control the entire volume What you want to do is open diskmgmt msc and look for a volume that is about of advertised size of the RAM In my case I have GB which shows up as GB due to some of the space being used for ReadyDrive If you set the View to Disk List the Device Type will be listed as UNKNOWN instead of IDE or USB or SCSI You'll want to delete this volume but make sure it is the Turbo Memory After deleting the volume create a new simple MBR volume from what you just deleted Format the drive as FAT with KB cluster size You can use other block sizes if you want less waste on smaller files NTFS is a bit of an overkill for most scenarios too Feel free to experiment and report your findings After formatting assign it a drive letter and enjoy a persistent RAM disk as long as you don't rebuild your computer or upgrade your Turbo Memory driver The end result will look something like this Uses for this new drive Store your Windows Search index on the new drive In my case under R TEMP INDEX You can easily move your index by going into the Control Panel under Indexing Options under Advanced and selecting Select New After restarting the Windows Search service the index will move from the original location to the newly created Turbo Memory drive Why do this Less hard drive thrashing overall and faster search results inside Windows and Outlook Instead of the index and the content residing on the same drive spindle you have a 'pseudo' SSD dedicated to your Windows Search index The old joke about making Vista faster was to do net stop wsearch but this is no longer needed using this method Set your TEMP and TMP environment variables to use the drive for temporary storage scratch space In my case I set my user TEMP and TMP variables to R TEMP USER and my system TEMP and TMP variables to R TEMP SYSTEM Make sure to create these directories on the drive before applying the settings Internet Explorer disk cache location - I set IE to store cache inside R TEMP IE and limit the size to a small amount Firefox disk cache location - Using about config I set browser cache disk parent directory to R TEMP FF In order to avoid stalls on fsync on Firefox x due to SQLite you can also add toolkit storage synchronous set to in about config I know this quirk is being addressed in Firefox so it will soon be a non-issue You do have a slight risk of corruption of Firefox SQLite tables but in practice I have not experienced any Things to watch out for If you do upgrade the Turbo Memory driver in the future you will want to reset your TEMP and TMP variables back to the original values in order to ensure that you can log in properly into your computer The Windows Search index and IE FF caches can be dynamically regenerated after you redo the drive setup I have experienced scenarios programs that required more than GB of free temporary space so I sometimes set the variables back to the original hard drive location on a case by case basis Conclusion Pleas... Read more

A:Windows 7 using Intel Turbo Memory (Robson) as RAM

I apologize for the necro, but there's no other forum on the internet that discusses this, and I'm quite interested in it.

I'm also using the driver listed in his instructions, however in my case, Device Manager doesn't list a disk volume of IMD-0 under my Turbo Memory Storage Controller. Likewise, there is no additional UNKNOWN device type in Disk Management, whether I set the View option to be Disk List or anything else.

Perhaps it's because my Turbo Memory is 4GB while the author of those instructions is using a 2GB unit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/35867-windows-7-using-intel-turbo-memory-robson-ram.html
Relevancy 80.84%

First of all sorry for my bad english lang.The problem is about a lg r500 series laptop.I bought it with win vista but i wanted xp.Accidently with an old fdisc i erased all partitions.There were two of them one of 1gb and one other of about 151 gb.The disc that laptop has is 160 gb.The laptop has the ability of intel turbo memory.In the first partition of 1 gb were the drivers of raid card.After i erased it i cann't have the turbo memory ability.I found the drivers in intel site but they need flopy drive to install them (during the win installation by f6) and the laptop hasn't one.I have the same problem installing xp or vista.Please help

Relevancy 80.84%

Dear Crew On a Centrino Pro lappie I m running what s essentially streamlined Vista -- the new Win Server release candidate This is a great system by the way -- much more stable than Vista x SP RC which spontaneously deleted its entire CurrentControlSet reg key the last time I installed it Go figure The Intel drivers Vista quirkiness Memory & cache Intel in L2 Turbo are holding up but I m seeing weird default settings that have me scratching my head Does anyone have a clearer perspective on these issues Before Intel L2 cache & Turbo Memory quirkiness in Vista all else though what are the best Intel forums on the net The first issue is L caching One tweak site http www liutilities com products registrybooster tweaklibrary tweaks Intel L2 cache & Turbo Memory quirkiness in Vista pointed to Intel L2 cache & Turbo Memory quirkiness in Vista a Vista registry key that supposedly describes L cache access by Vista Server HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager Memory Management and the value you check is SecondLevelDataCache If it s set to L caching is off Mine s set to Is yours So why is this set to by default The answers I ve heard so far range from Vista just takes whatever Intel outputs so in effect this reg entry is bypassed and a red herring to This reg entry is only for circumstances where the L cache is so small that it needs a software supplement -- so a large on-board cache would be set to a default of That latter answer doesn t square with the tweak site s suggestion that the larger the cache the larger a value this reg entry will have KB cache KB cache KB cache leading one to deduce that a MB L cache would have a value of Or perhaps the Intel driver is buggy The Chipset driver currently installed should be the latest available for the GM chipset as I ve just gotten Server up and running but honestly I ll have to admit that I haven t a clear sense of which driver I should be examining The quot PCI Express Root Port quot or the quot Processor to DRAM Controller quot or possibly even the generic quot PCI bus quot driver which currently has a generic MS driver Please set me straight here Here s the second puzzle Intel Turbo Memory creates as many of you will have observed by now an NVCACHE partition on your HDD While there s GB Robson Turbo NAND on this lappie the cache partition is MB Kind of strange that Is this normal Nowhere have I been able to find any documentation about this NVCACHE partition to begin with The third puzzle In the Turbo Memory interface that s opened from the Start Menu you can check the quot ReadyBoost quot box so that it reads quot Enabled quot But on this lappie it immediately reverts to quot Disabled quot I don t have a USB drive on hand but I was under the impression that the default is quot Enabled quot -- i e regardless of whether there s a flash drive plugged in It would be good to find out whether this is a bug or perfectly normal Would anyone like to take out their ReadyBoost USB drive and report back on whether the interface goes from quot Enabled quot to quot Disabled quot Thanks a lot for all of your insights a k a nbsp

A:Intel L2 cache & Turbo Memory quirkiness in Vista

L2 cache is built into the processor and caches data for faster access by the CPU.
It is normally controlled at the BIOS level.
If it was disabled,you would see a major slow down in the operating system.

ready boost normally only becomes available when a compatable device
is connected.

Don't know about the NVCACHE,sounds like a hybrid hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-l2-cache-turbo-memory-quirkiness-in-vista.670679/
Relevancy 79.12%

Here is the problem I have I am a quot proud owner quot of a DX SO quot Turbo Worth Intel Ready - 7, Windows Boost Memory, DX58SO, ? it Smackover quot Intel Motherboard which so far hasn t disappointed me but I have Intel Turbo Memory, DX58SO, Windows 7, Ready Boost - Worth it ? some serious issues which are rather annoying Boot times are slow Really I Googled for a solution and I found others have been complaining of this as well Seems like DX SO is a notorious slow booter My Razer Naga mouse never gets detected properly Who knows why it s just an issue I am mentioning for others who will find this thread after me My Razer Anansi Keyboard works fine though Do figure Now the main problem I am coming here for is to ask if Windows Ready Boost on Windows which I already use to speed up my Windows will conflict with Intel Turbo Memory which is supposed to also help speed up boot times Is it really worth it to use How much gain will Intel Turbo Memory give me in regards to boot times Anyone got any experience with this Just on a side note since Razer Support have been very reluctant to answer this question is plugging my Razer Naga mouse into a Powered USB Port going to hurt its extended functionality like Macro Recording and Key Mapping I would be very grateful for any input you can give me on these issues Here are my system specs DX SO Corsair W PSU GB RAM i GHz GB ReadyBoost Dedicated Flash Drive Windows Ultimate x SP with Latest Updates Boot Type - UEFI Boot Since this is hardly the time for a motherboard upgrade due to USB being just around the corner Super Speed SATA Gbps becoming more popular and SSD drives getting cheaper and bigger by the day I really think Intel Turbo Memory would be a life-saver for the moment or at least it will save the day if it can work and get along with Windows ReadyBoost nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-turbo-memory-dx58so-windows-7-ready-boost-worth-it.1015592/
Relevancy 79.12%

When I fails with incompatibility (0x80780018) intel Turbo Memory Vista Backup / tried a quot Complete PC-Backup quot with the Vista Backup utility that is included in Vista Business and Ultimate it stopped immediatly with Vista Backup fails (0x80780018) / incompatibility with intel Turbo Memory the error message quot Not all volumes containing system data are Vista Backup fails (0x80780018) / incompatibility with intel Turbo Memory included in the backup x quot A long investigation revealed the following cause - my machine Lenovo Thinkpad X s has a built in Intel Turbo Memory chip flash storage that shows up as a Partition of MB formatted FAT named NVCACHE and Vista Backup fails (0x80780018) / incompatibility with intel Turbo Memory as an entry in the device manager under quot Disks quot as Drive IMD- - Vista Backup can only backup NTFS partitions - it seems that Vista Backup tries to save this NVCACHE partition and fails because of the wrong format FAT It is obviously nonsense to backup NVCACHE which is a cache but you cannot opt out Workaround Start quot intel Turbo Memory Console quot found at quot All Programms quot after clicking the Start button Disable ReadyBoost ReadyDrive can be left on and reboot NVCACHE and IMD- are gone now Now the quot Complete PC-Backup quot works Enable ReadyBoost again and reboot For a clean solution the bug in Vista Backup must be fixed Or maybe within the Turbo Memory Driver Note The quot File Backup quot function within the Vista Backup utility is not affected and works when ReadyBoost is on This issue was discovered with the following machine Lenovo Model - KG serial number L -B Thinkpad X s intel L GHz GByte RAM GByte Disk Fujitsu MHW BH PL GByte Flash built in as Turbo Memory in the notebook not the disk Windows Vista Business x - German Bios Rel NET WW intel Turbo Memory Console If someone from Microsoft Lenovo IBM or Intel reads this please add this issue to your internal bug tracking system It seems to be unknown up to now Thanks and good luck to all awehring nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-backup-fails-0x80780018-incompatibility-with-intel-turbo-memory.657167/
Relevancy 78.26%

one half-length mini card slot - can it be used for a usb 3.0 portDoes the one half-length mini card slot have another namewhen I google for hardware the name "one half-length mini card" never comes up

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/one-half-length-mini-card-slot-can-it-be-used-for-a-usb-3-0/td-p/5654290
Relevancy 76.97%

I just bought a HP Pavilion tx2525nr that has a Express Card/34 PC Card Slot.
I was told that the Clearwire Express card would be compatable, but it turns out the Clearwire card is an Express 54.

Is there an adaptor that will allow me to use the Clearwire Express 54 with the HP Express Card/34 PC Card Slot that my laptop notebook has?

If not an adapter, is there another viable solution?

*Other info on the off chance that it could be useful*
Laptop:
AMD Turio X2 Duel-Core Mobile Processor RM-70
3GB DDR2 SDRAM
Windows Vista Ultimate
The is something called an Expansion Port 3 in addition to several USB ports, S port and Ethernet port
Clearwire card:
Clearwire ExpressCard 54
Model # PCEx25100

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Myle

Relevancy 75.25%

wanted to check and make sure that a pci express 2.1 x16 video card would run in a motherboard that only has pci express 2.0 x16 slots

A:pci express 2.1 x16 video card in pci express 2.0 x16 slot?

Yes,it will run at full bandwidth/speed.
Make sure you have a power supply that can handle it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-express-2-1-x16-video-card-in-pci-express-2-0-x16-slot.1001926/
Relevancy 73.53%

hey im looking to buy a new motherboard and i was wondering if a pci-e can run agp cards?

if not, can anyone recommend a motherboard that have both pci-e and agp slots?

thanks anyone who's trying to help

A:can a pci-express slot run an agp card?

Given that a PCI-e slot and an AGP slot are physically very different, there is logically no way that a card could fit both?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-pci-express-slot-run-an-agp-card.324707/
Relevancy 73.53%

Not a compatibility question, I'm fairly certain that wouldn't be an issue. The question is about overall performance gain. Looking at a Radeon R9 270, currently have a 5670. Here's a benchmark comparison from hwcompare.com - now I'm not a heavy gamer but I am running a mod on a particular favorite that could use a boost. Thing is, the m/b (being 2.0) can't take full advantage of the card otherwise it might be something of a no brainer. Card has excellent reviews and happens to be on sale.
So there's got to be some people here that have been in a similar situation, wondering spend the coin or not. Lets say the $ isn't an issue, just wondering about what to expect in actual gain.
Thanx.

A:PCI Express 3.0 card in 2.0 slot

Using a PCI-e 3.0 card in a PCI-e 2.0 slot will give less performance but not as much as one would think—maybe no more than 10% less—over what it would have done in a PCI-e slot. However, the newer PCI-e 3.0 card very well may give far better performance than an older PCI-e 2.0 card, even when running on only PCI-2.0.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/335712-pci-express-3-0-card-2-0-slot.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I want to purchase a specific sound card for my laptop (the Audigy 2 ZS Notebook card), but, according to Dell, I do not have the required PCMCIA slot. Instead, I have an Express Card slot.

Would the PCMCIA soundcard work in the Express Card slot? Some of the Dell technicians have said that it will not work, but they have been wrong in the past.

Are there any other options if the sound card would not work in the Express slot? Dell said something about buying an adapter, but they weren't sure as to what kind that would be.

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 73.53%

I have an XPSL702X and an Inspiron N5510. On the left side of both these units is a slot titled: 
SDXC/MMC-MS/PRO. I'm hoping this is an "express card" slot, but it looks like a memory card reader/adapter slot. 
Can I utilize an express card in this slot? I need to somehow hook up 1394 firewire to one of these computers. Help!!!

A:Express Card Slot?

It is indeed a memory card reader -- not an Express Card slot.   Neither of these systems will take an ExpressCard -- about the only systems in recent years that had/have the option are Latitude and Precision models -- none of the consumer systems (Inspiron/XPS/Vostro/Studio) of recent vintage support ExpressCards.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19682926
Relevancy 73.53%

Can anyone help me? I dont want to just yank it out as hard as I can. I'm using the A8N32-SLI Deluxe mb. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 73.53%

My Acer laptop has an empty express card slot that I've just discovered. What can I use this for? Thanks.

A:What to use the Express Card/54 slot for?

ExpressCard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279306-what-use-express-card-54-slot.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey guys, I upgraded to windows 7 over vista the other day and I just noticed a problem. I have the Intel Turbo Memory Readyboost and it used to work perfectly with Vista, but I just opened the window where you enable/disable it, and it said it was disabled, so i enabled it and it asked me to restart my computer so I did, and when I restarted I went back just to make sure it was enabled and it is still disabled. I tried it again and same thing happened... anyone know why or how to fix it?? Thanks.

-Taylor

A:Intel Turbo Memory keeps reverting back to "Disabled"

It certainly appears to be having a problem. Is there a Win 7 driver?

It sounds like you did an upgrade from Vista, maybe some driver was brought along that is not compatible with Win 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/52864-intel-turbo-memory-keeps-reverting-back-disabled.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,

The file server I am currently using, is running on an old MS-7173 motherboard which (for some reason) is only kicking out about 45MB/s maximum throughput on file transfers, even though the CPU isn't anywhere near full. I am using a spare (I think cheap) Gigabit Network Card in the system at the moment which I had laying around.

I am considering getting an "Intel Gigabit PRO/ 1000CT PCIe Desktop Adapter" however, according to the specifications the card runs "PCI Specification Revision PCIe 1.1".

From the motherboard specifications, it uses: "One PCI Express x 1 slot. (supports PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant) ".
My question is: Will that PCIe Card with revision v1.1 work in a motherboard with a v1.0a slot?

Thanks for your answers

A:PCI Express x1 V1.1 Card in a PCI Express x1 v1.0a slot?

Anyone know the answer to this question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-express-x1-v1-1-card-in-a-pci-express-x1-v1-0a-slot.1038033/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all - I have serached high and low for advice on this but have only succeeded in confusing myself I build media servers for my own use in live events and have a question that has bugged me for years I have an assignements card PCI Express slot Asus Sabertooth motherboard and my graphics card is a Radeon I have two further graphics cards which are used to capture camera and computer The latency on the camera capture is PCI Express card slot assignements pretty bad to be honest even with all PCI Express card slot assignements the best components I was wondering if someone could steer me as to where my cards should be sited on the motherboard The sits in the main PCIEx slot The other cards I have are a Blackmagic Decklink SDI Card Type PCI Express lane compatible with and PCIe slots I also have a Datapath RGBE s which is a PCI Express x card The motherboard spec is x PCIe x Single at x dual at x x x PCIe x max at x mode black x PCIe x The PCIe x slot shares bandwidth with PCIe x slot and USB E ports at back The PCIe x slot default setting is in x mode Can anyone give me some advice on the best siting for the cards I would be very very grateful indeed as my brain is in knots trying to work this out Many thanks Neil

A:PCI Express card slot assignements

With that board, you don't have enough PCI-e lanes to go around on without losing your rear USB 3.0 ports or losing a bit of performance on your 7970. The 7970 goes in the red x16 slot. The Blackmagic can go in either the top or second x1 slot.

The only way you will be able to run the x4 Datapath without reducing GPU peerformance is in the bottom slot, in which case, you would have to reset the slot to x4, which means you would lose the third PCI-e x1 slot and two USB 3.0 ports on the rear. If you need those rear USB 3.0 ports, then you would have to run the x4 Data path in the white x16 slot. That will cause your GPU to run on only eight lanes (x8). However, the performance loss won't be 50%. At worst, it would probably be only 10-20%.

PCI-e lane distribution can be difficult to sort out. Some boards offer more flexibility than others. Some boards use additional chips to run ports like USB 3.0 and SATA; others steal lanes from PCI-e slots. Because I needed more lanes than a standard board could support (24 lanes), I went with a x79 board to get 40 lanes. Even then, I had problems being able to run as many cards as I wanted (I wound up getting two external TV tuners instead of two internal TV tuner cards) .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373689-pci-express-card-slot-assignements.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Couldn't find anything right away in google, and a friend needs to know this: can a PCI card work in a PCI express slot? He has a Quad-core G5 Mac that only has PCI Express x4 slots (maybe one x16 for the graphics card) and wants to order a card that only comes in PCI not PCI express. Would he be able to?

A:Solved: PCI card in PCI Express slot?

No, it won't work. But he might have a spare PCI slot that he could use, although since PCI-E cards are so much faster than PCI I don't why anyone would want to do that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pci-card-in-pci-express-slot.605921/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello First of all I apoligise if this is in the wrong section so please move it if it is Im having massive trouble with my USB ports I have searched and searched the internet using different search fields and slot ports usb express card with Problems and I keep coming across the same answers My computer knowledge is only that of an ammeture so please excuse me if I have overseen something or am unable to provide more technical information All usb ports where working correctly before this incident It started when I plugged in a quot Y quot cable to use an old HDD as an external storage device My plan was to have old HDD for my music and the other for photos and videos When I plugged the quot Y quot cable Problems with usb ports and express card slot in my laptop turned off Problems with usb ports and express card slot instantly I have since discovered that the protective cover inside the port is missing so the quot prongs quot are un-protected and that one the quot prongs quot had bent over causing a short I have un bent the quot prong quot which has half solved the problem as I no longer get the unknown device message even when there is nothing plugged in and I no longer hear the quot ding dong quot when a device is connected or connected as this was going on and on and on with nothing plugged in to any port I have been into BIOS and USB ports are enabled that took me ages as the BIOS had a password set which I didnt know so I removed the battery to reset it In the device manager I have un-installed all the usb drivers reset the machine and windows has installed them this has been done several times Now anything I plug in to the USB ports Ive stopped using the damaged one is not recognized ive tried all my things on my wifes laptop which all work fine ipod iphone and flash stick so I know the problem is with my machine I bought a USB port express card mm so I could have USB ports but im having trouble with this aswell first of all the express card came with a a USB lead which im guessing supplies the express card with power as on the other end of the cable is a jack similar to that of a Nokia charger I have tried using my USB wall charger to give the express card power through the cable but this did not work had to this as USB ports are not working Secondly when I insert the card i hear the quot DING DONG quot and then nothing else happens it shows up in device manager under the USB section which I find strange as it is plugged in via the express slot not USB so surely it should be in the quot PCI card quot section of the device manager Please please please can any body share some light as to why my portsare not working and why my express card is not being recognized properly and how I can fix them I can make a video if you like and post it on you tube if that helps anyone Thanks in advance Yogi

A:Problems with usb ports and express card slot

It sadly does seem quite likely you have caused a problem with the motherboard usb 'power grid' It is possible the bios has simply stuck the system into a protected mode in order to protect the hardware inside.
The only way I know to check that this is the case is to power down, unplug the laptop and remove the battery for about an hour, then attempt starting back up with no usb devices connected, and see if proper functionality returns. It could simply be as of the moment the laptop has never fully shutdown and been given a chance for the hardware to reset after the fault caused by the faulty plug.

Sadly in your current situation that would probably be the best case scenario.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/153475-problems-usb-ports-express-card-slot.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello My first post
Anyway i really need to upgrade my computers graphics card ( Nvidia 7600 GS 512mb intergrated version) as its flagging in this day and age and its stopping me playing most games now (i can just scrape skyrim but it falls under its min requirments) I will get a top of the range laptop soon when i go to uni but will keep my desktop for now so i need to add a better graphics card (Rest seem to be fine for the mo) .The problem is the integrated cards is already in the PCI express slot (opened up comp and i can see it in the slot) will be safe to remove the board and would a new card function in it Thanks for the help.

A:Integrated graphics card in PCI-Express slot

If the 7600 is in the PCI e slot, by definition it is not integrated. You should be able to pull it out and swap in a newer card without any issues, so long as your power supply can handle it. Be sure to remove your old graphics drivers before performing the upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-card-in-pci-express-slot.179457/
Relevancy 71.81%

Zbook 15 G2 has non-functi?onal express car?d slot. Provide me the contact details for the concerned issue.

A:Zbook 15 G2 has non-functional express card slot

Hi @Monika3?,  Kindly raise a ticket with Hp technical support. Please find below the  HP Worldwide Contact:http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html  I hope that answers your question.  I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem. ***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post *** 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Zbook-15-G2-has-non-functional-express-card-slot/td-p/5696130
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello everyone I am currently sitting here with a dilemma The problem I am facing takes back two weeks where I got my new graphic card MSI 2.0 slot sound Insert card into PCI Express possible? Ti I have a CoolerMaster HAF case my PSU is relatively small but compared to my older graphic card the new one is absolutely massive I also uses Asus P T Deluxe v Mobo which has PCI-E slots which I found out recently They are placed in this order from left to right xPCI-E slots x PCI slots x PCI-E slot I noticed that my card turns out to be at degrees when I'm running a game for instance because there is too little space between the graphic card and PSU which makes it very little to no airflow in between I decided to put my graphic Insert sound card into PCI Express 2.0 slot possible? card into the stand alone slot PCI-E to create some space But I have to sacrifice my sound card which I can't put it into the PCI slot no longer Also the sound card technically should be able to fit into a PCI-E slot correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't reach out of the edge on the motherboard what should I do

A:Insert sound card into PCI Express 2.0 slot possible?

Quote:
Also the sound card technically should be able to fit into a PCI-E 2.0 slot

No it shouldn't as they are two completely different interfaces,

Conventional PCI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you tried it with the sound card in the second PCI slot to see how it affects the video card temps? Could also try the sound card in the first PCI slot witth the video card in the second/middle PCI-E slot.

Failing all that it is either drop the sound card (which one by the way?) and use onboard, or get a PCI-E sound card that can then be put in any of the available PCI-E slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/231590-insert-sound-card-into-pci-express-2-0-slot-possible.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite L305-s5933

located here under Specifications, Communications, Ports

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834114613

As you can see it takes a 34 or 54 express card

So I got a 34 express card, it is located here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170653516740?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I tried to insert it and It just keeps sliding around. There is a little latch off to the side and I've press it and slid it around and tried pushing it. Nothing happens. I don't want to push it too hard or it will break.

I've had the laptop for four years and this is the first time I've tried inserting an express card. Did I break something?

Are there any tricks to do doing this? I'm doing this because I want to upgrade to USB3.

Relevancy 71.81%

I am upgrading an older Hp m8000. Already put a brand new Corsair 750 watt PSU in it and it still wont recognise any of the 3 pci-e video cards I have tried. I have already went into the bios and changed the videos settings to pci-e and still nothing. Is there only certain video cards that are compatible with this thing or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Video-Card-not-recognized-in-PCI-Express-x16-slot/td-p/5612299
Relevancy 71.81%

Have just bought an express card for my X When I put it in the express card slot of my X It fell a bit unsmooth and harsh As I remember the same express card slot on my old HP was smoother and had an actuation point where you have to push harder to hear a click sound and push again to release the card then take it out of the slot I found the express card slot on my X very weird There is no said actuation point or any click sound the card just slid in the slot until it reached the connector the end of the slot This process on the X was very rough that i even had to push the card very hard for it to reach the connector But still there was no click sound or anything indicating the card had been properly installed nbsp Here are several images to let you see the situation clearly nbsp nbsp Notice how X230 problem with Express card my slot deep the the card sits in the slot nbsp A better view nbsp I have to sorry for the crappy quality of the photos since they were taken from my cheap phone I would like to ask if this situation is normal and if my express card slot is broken How is your X 's express card slot Deeply appreciate your help nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Express-card-slot-problem-with-my-X230/td-p/3377429
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and run Windows XP. my memory card slot recently stopped working. I used to be able to insert my memory card from my digital camera and download my pictures and now it no longer works. It doesn't even show up under My Computer under removable storage. Please help!

A:memory card slot

Put a card in it and:

Look in Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device manager

Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and see if a USB mass storage device is listed.

Also look to see no yellow ? or ! are shown, indicating missing drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-slot.533573/
Relevancy 70.95%

Where is the memory card slot on the Pavilion 550-126?  The slot on the front does not look like the right size.  Is there a way to get a diagram of the front and rear functions?

A:550-126 where is memory card slot

Hi, Very interesting. The following link shows its specs:     http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04875975 It has 7-in-1 multimedia card readerFigure : View of memory card readerSupports the following cards:Secure Digital? (SD)Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)SDXCMemory StickMemory Stick SelectMemory Stick PROMemory Stick MagicGateWith Front I/O portsUSB 3.0: 2Headphone: 1Microphone: 1and Back I/O portsFigure : Odense back I/O panelUSB 2.0: 2LAN (Ethernet)HDMI: 2USB 3.0: 2Audio: Line inAudio: Line outAudio: MicrophoneI believe it is at the front but where. What is your card ? Is it on the list above ? Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/550-126-where-is-memory-card-slot/td-p/5690390
Relevancy 70.95%

I disable PCI Express slot in Computer Setup -- Security -- Slot Security on BIOS. I doesn't know that my onboard card wasn't working, and now,  machine doesn't start, machine beeps 6 times (video card error). I can't access the bios. I try reset CMOS, removing the Green Jumper, removing the battery, press CMOS button for 10 seconds, press power button (to remove remain energy. But nothing this works. Someone can help me? How i can reactivate PCI Express x16 ?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Video Card not recognized in PCI-Express x16 - Slot Security

Hi: If your onboard video adapter doesn't work, and resetting the CMOS doesn't work, you can try putting the PCI express x16 video card you have now into the white PCIe x4 slot (the white video card slot next to the black PCIe x16 slot), and see if you can get into the BIOS to change the PCI x 16 setting.  It might work in the x4 slot. If that doesn't work either, then you will have to install a PCI video card (one that goes into one of the white PCI slots) and use that to get into the BIOS so you can change the settings to enable the PCIe x16 slot. So, see if you can find a cheap, used, PCI video card on eBay, and that should allow you to have video again. You also need to make sure you have removed all connections from the PC when you reset the CMOS (all cables, power cord, mouse, monitor, etc). 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Video-Card-not-recognized-in-PCI-Express-x16-Slot-Security/td-p/5625776
Relevancy 70.95%

My TECRA-S11-166 is faulty.

I need a new Notebook with *Express-Card-Slot* and (if its possible) RS232.
What kind of Notebook comes with a Express-Card-Slot ?

A:Defective Tecra S11 - Need new notebook with Express-Card-Slot

Hi

There are different Toshiba notebooks on the market and Toshiba releases new models in very short intervals.
I would recommend you to visit the Toshiba notebook product page and to compare the available series and models.
The Tecra laptops offer a business professional use and Portege series are very best in mobile computing.
The Satellite series are entertainment machines designed to provide exceptional all-round performance.

http://www.toshiba.eu/laptops/

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79022-Defective-Tecra-S11-Need-new-notebook-with-Express-Card-Slot
Relevancy 70.95%

I m installing a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR card which says it ll work in either PCI Express x or x in look PCI x16 doesn't card 1800 Hauppauge right Express slot into a Asus P T motherboard The video card is blocking the single PCI Express x slot so I installed the tv card in the second x slot It didn t look right putting this short card into a long x slot as it was sort of curved over the unused pins When I booted my pc my bios was changed to boot from floppy and dates on my system changed I immediately shut down and pulled the card out after seeing the bios screen My question is Hauppauge 1800 card doesn't look right in PCI Express x16 slot should I try and install the tv card in the PCI Express x slot and move my video card to a different x slot as I have two others If so would this require alot of change or would Windows immediately recognize the move and automatically reconfigure OR should I try in the same x slot again and not worry if I m prompted to setup bios again Thanks nbsp

A:Hauppauge 1800 card doesn't look right in PCI Express x16 slot

I can't speak to the 1800 tuner, but I have the 1250 and it goes right into the PCI-E x1 slot. I think you have to install the Hauppage drivers before the card, and/or ignore the M$ "found new hardware" wizard. The 1250 is just a single tuner, that the only difference.

The 1250 card is on the same size PC board as the 1800. My board only has one PCI-E x 16 lane, so the the tuner has no other place to go but a PCI-E x 1 slot. It works just fine there. It didn't change the system date.

I don't think it, "doesn't look quite right there, but I had no preconception of how it was supposed to look in the first place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hauppauge-1800-card-doesnt-look-right-in-pci-express-x16-slot.128694/
Relevancy 70.52%

just received my new stream 11.  have barely unpacked it yet! quesition: I know that there's a slot for a memory card - I almost never use a camera, so I'm not totally familiar with that technology.   Can anyone tell me what kind of card goes with that slot?  What's the maximum capacity? thanks! w

Solved!
View Solution.

A:which card should I buy for the memory card slot on HP strea...

Yes, that will work. -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/which-card-should-I-buy-for-the-memory-card-slot-on-HP/td-p/4834450
Relevancy 70.52%

My Compaq nx7400 has a pop-out tray on the left side, with 4 slots for memory cards - I think ?! I've tried loading an SD card into the tray & pushing the tray in - but without success..... Anyone know the correct way to use this weird plastic tray thingy ?? Thanks

A:How do I use the memory card slot on my laptop ??

Hi, I have a new G72-25OUS laptop, I'm wondering how to use the slot on the left side, that says SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD? I assume its to put a SD card in from my camera to upload photos, do I just stick it in and if so, how do I get it out? I don't have a manual, didn't come with one and can't find info in the help section. Hope someone knows how to do this. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-use-the-memory-card-slot-on-my-laptop/td-p/49651
Relevancy 70.52%

I removed my memory card before ejecting it. Now my memory card slot doesn't work at all. I have done it before and got help on fixing but I can't remember how I did it. It is a readable card and I have tried several different ones so it's not a issue with card itself. The computer doesn't even see I am putting it in. Please help I do a lot of photo's and it's annoying to have find the computer plug everytime I need to get the pictures off.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Memory-card-slot-not-reading/td-p/5789311
Relevancy 70.09%

Dear all,
I need to add a parallel port to my new XPS 8900, and an excellent solution would be the Quatech’s ExpressCard (http://www.bb-elec.com/Products/Datasheets/expresscard_performance.pdf). 
I found that this card "is designed in the smallest form factor -34. ExpressCard 34 is compatible with all ExpressCard slots - 34/54".
Does this format fit with the XPS8900 PCIe slot?
Thanks in advance for you help

A:XPS8900 PCIe slot and express card in form factor -34

Their documentation states, "New generation of I/O expansion for notebooks".You need something like this built for a desktop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992289
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,
I just got a Asus A8N-SLI mother board and a pny 7800gt video card. The card only works in the bottom pci express slot though, when i try to plug into the top the monitor light keeps blinking like nothings going through. Everything seems to work fine when in the bottom slot but i am worried about the heat. I have my sound card close to that so theres not much flow between like their would be in the top slot. (also the top slot is blue, bottom is black, if that makes a difference) I left the default set at single card mode on the motherboard. Also being in that slot is the card running at full capacity? 16x?
My other specs are:
1gb Corsair value select ram
Antec 450Watt SmartPower 2.0 PSU
AMD 64 3700

thanks

A:Video card wont work in top PCI Express slot on sli board

mmm... Check out the BIOS option for the SLI cause it could be that just one slot is enabled (the bottom on)...
about the heat issue... can you move the sound card to another slot?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-wont-work-in-top-pci-express-slot-on-sli-board.41179/
Relevancy 70.09%

This was really perplexing. I am trying to install a Galaxy GT520 on my Inspiron 546. So i take of the slot i need in the back-plate and fit the card into the slot. But...the card didn't fit into the back-plate. It's like a millimeter off.... There is a little slot that the back-plate slots go into but it doesn't fit into the slot. It's almost like it needs to be a millimeter longer. Thanks to anyone who helps.

A:Graphics card doesn't fit backplate but fits in PCI Express slot

check this out http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insp535mt/en/sm/cards.htm#wp1193399

GT520 is a PCI and should fit the 546, line it up as ^^^^ shows and press hard, dont ram it in there, but apply a bit of force.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-doesnt-fit-backplate-but-fits-in-pci-express-slot.180377/
Relevancy 70.09%

Per the title, upgrading the home router, and I am seeking an upgrade from my internal Intel Centrino N-2200 to an AC compatible card. The last thread posted on this topic is about a year old (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/any-wireless-AC-PCI-express-cards-approv...), so I thought I would repost with the latest BIOS revision. I have reviewed the equipment list here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd024705 but the bullet points titled "PCIe Half Mini Card", "Wireless WAN upgradable on selected models", "PCI Express Mini Card" are a bit ambiguous. Are there any AC whitelisted wireless cards? How would I be able to determine if my WAN Adapter is upgradable? Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Will-any-802-11-ac-pci-express-mini-card-work-with-T430-BIOS-2/td-p/3357823
Relevancy 69.66%

My printer's memory card slot isn't recognized by my computer. I am running Vista. Can anyone help with this. I contacted the printer's tech support and they tried but said it was a Microsoft problem.

A:Memory card slot not recognized on printer

Welcome sannallett,
Sounds like a tech support answer. What is the Brand and Model of the printer?
In Device Manager under your Printer is there a notification sign?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268942-memory-card-slot-not-recognized-printer.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have installed the new windows 10 in my PC, before this i had windows 7 home premium. i have a memory card adapter in which i used to slid my micro SD card and was able to access it when i had windows 7, but when i upgraded to windows 10 and inserted the memory card reader in the slot it stopped detecting, their is no action and i am not able to access it.
Please help
System: Dell Studio 1558 2010-11 Model.

A:SD memory card/ Slot not working in Windows 10

Hi Anandani,
Dell Studio 1558 has not been tested by Dell for Windows 10 operating system you will not find drivers for it. However, please use the card reader Windows 7 driver and install it in compatibility mode.
http://dell.to/1IlNMpd
Please let me know if this works.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19646017
Relevancy 69.23%

is there any video ro good instructional on how to secure the pins into the card? I bought this months ago and had to reput one prong into it after my wifi connection was horrible.I guess stressing the laptop into different positions popped it out. Any 'correct' way to do this?Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 WiFi Bluetooth Half Mini Card http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-Bluetooth/dp/B00E7QGHE6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=tru...I dont have the time as a student to open my laptop like this, anyone reccomend a small, almost like the mice usb wifi dongle? I am in the next room from the router most of the time?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440S-Intel-AC-7260-WiFi-Bluetooth-Half-Mini-Card-the-small/td-p/3309166
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Toshiba A S running Windows Vista Home Basic the max memory upgrade is X GB which I purchased via no card 2nd memory recongnition Toshiba A135 slot, newegg com and installed When I turned it on black screen and no boot up Basically it will only reconize one GB of memory doesn t Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition matter what slot as long as it is only one I tested both memory chips both work in the computer and in either card slot just not both chips in both card slots What Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition the heck Even stumped the Geek Squad guy at Best Buy he seemed to think it the mother board issue It runs much better on the GB then it did with the MB cha Computer Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition should be able to run both GB card in each slot and reconize about to of the memory if it would run both cards at the same time I did upgrade the BIOS from to as most of the blogs suggested-still won t recognize the nd GB card nbsp

A:Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition

cant find your lappy on toshiba site , same thing happened with me and was the bios update i needed so re check its the correct update
have you tried 1x2gb and 1x what you took out??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-a135-2nd-card-slot-no-memory-recongnition.939718/
Relevancy 68.8%

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

A:Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Brand New Comput...

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket ? you must insert it ?upside-down? in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures ? you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. Well anyway ? everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) ?. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Memory-Card-Slot-Not-Functioning-Brand-New-Computer/td-p/3447370
Relevancy 68.8%

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)
I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:110-151BR - Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Bran...

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket ? you must insert it ?upside-down? in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures ? you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. Well anyway ? everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) ?. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/110-151BR-Memory-Card-Slot-Not-Functioning-Brand-New-Computer/td-p/3447370
Relevancy 68.8%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 67.94%

So in February I ordered my kid an inspiron as first computer Later slot, card 11- per supposed have memory tag it it doesnt service is to inspiron but I decided to upgrade inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt the memory and I called Dell and provided my service Tag Dell told me it had a GB memory card and I could upgrade to a GB card I ordered the card and disassembled my computer to find there is no slot to upgrade After an hour on the phone inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt I find out inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt that what I am looking at is one with a fixed memory module I told them that per my service tag it is supposed to have a slot and be upgradeable They told me there is nothing they can do So I say how bout you exchange this for one that has what I ordered They say since its over the days there is no way to return or exchange I said even though its your fault Am I being unreasonable All I want is what I ordered After a few more calls to India One person finally tells me there is a first and second generation of this laptop Ist gen has the fixed and the second has the replaceable So I tell them that per nbsp Dell tag nbsp this is supposed to be nd generation and therefor it was built wrong They again say quot we have a day no Hassel return quot and your over that Any suggestions folks I m sick of beating my head against the wall with these people

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992563
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an HP Laptop Model: CQ50-139WM

The Graphics built is the Intel 45 Express Chipset
It tells me it can use up to 256MB but it reads to me in GPU-Z that its only using 64MB. The advanced settings under the graphics card says the same. This could be whats causing graphics issues. Was told to check BIOS but it offers nothing there..Help would be so appreciated, as it always has. Thanks!

A:Intel 45 Express Chipset Memory Question

The build in graphics gpu's usually share memory with your RAM. This would reduce the available RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/5425-intel-45-express-chipset-memory-question.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Well i put my Mini Memory Card Reader/writer (Dynex) in and all that appears are more drives that says insert disk. then i bought recordable DVD's but it won't read all it says is insert disk when i click on my DVD/CD drive. My project is due tomorrow and ive spent two days with this pain staking computer please help before my computer "falls" from second story window

A:My CPU wont read mini memory card or DVD in drive. Please Help it for school project!

Hi

Only just got your visitor message.

You did the right thing though by posting in the Forum.

Is http://www.dynexproducts.com/pc-580-2-dynex-5-in-1-usb-20-mini-memory-card-reader.aspx your Device?

Can you get to Device Manager? If so are there any yellow exclamation marks or similar next to any devices?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-cpu-wont-read-mini-memory-card-or-dvd-in-drive-please-help-it-for-school-project.799801/
Relevancy 64.5%

I will be installing a Nvidia FX8500GT into a new Dell with Intel express chipset family g33/g31 and Vista Home Premium x64. Do I need to remove the Intel chipset drivers first? I downloaded the drivers for my new card and system to desktop and am pausing there until further instructed. Card is not physically installed yet either. Thanks beforehand for help.

A:First vga card in Dell system with Intel Express Chipset.

It would probably be best to uninstinall the current video drivers under Display Adapters in device manager, shut down, physically install the card, startup and cancel Vista's automatic driver installation so you can install the downloaded drivers.

You may also need to disable the integrated video adapter in BIOS

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/197500-first-vga-card-dell-system-intel-express-chipset.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I was just wondering if there are any settings that may help me improve FPS in games like Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory.

I mean, I feel I should be able to run the game no problem. I have:

1.46 Dual Core Processor
2GB DDR2
and of course the integrated graphics card (Intel 965)

The game is nearly 4 years old and the graphics are not good at all. I was just wondering if any one knew any tweaks.

Thanks for your time.

A:Intel 965 Mobile Express Chipset (Video Card) Tweaks?

Heurist1c said:

I was just wondering if there are any settings that may help me improve FPS in games like Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory.

I mean, I feel I should be able to run the game no problem. I have:

1.46 Dual Core Processor
2GB DDR2
and of course the integrated graphics card (Intel 965)

The game is nearly 4 years old and the graphics are not good at all. I was just wondering if any one knew any tweaks.

Thanks for your time.Click to expand...

Anyone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-965-mobile-express-chipset-video-card-tweaks.109000/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys, ok so heres d deal. I have a sony vaio, running vista, 2gb ram, Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @1.86ghz, 32 Bitoperating system... now my problem is with the graphics card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family.. i just downloaded a game, Requiem: Bloodmayre. Iv played a few mmorpgs on this laptop but never had any problems with the graphic card. But with this game, when i start it u, it gets to the log in screen and says:

Sorry this game will only run with shader 2.0+

I know that this particular graphic card is integrated into the motherboard, so no replacing it..
I dont know a lot about graphics cards or drivers, but is there anyway i could download a Shader 2.0+ patch or nething for this graphic card?

Much Appreciated

A:Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

you might get more info from here http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/graphics-card-mobile-intel-r-965-express-chipset-family-331338.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi i have an HP pavilion dv2000 laptop with a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family shared video card.
the laptop came with windows vista loaded in it. but i changed it to windows xp pro sp2.
the problem is that i know the size of the memory is 128MB and when i check on bios it says shared video memory up to 128MB. but when i check the graphic card proprietes it shows only 32MB
is there any way i can increase it back to 128MB? knowing that there is no option in my bios that can change it( 100% sure).
here is things that i already tried:
unistalling the driver and installing the newest version
playing around the configuration but no results.
here is some pictures from my pc attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-adjust-shared-video-memory-size-on-mobile-intel-r-945gm-express-chipset-famil.81342/
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay, I bought a new laptop recently, and I have a problem. Almost every game I try to play says, "AGP is not enabled....", and it tells me its needed for best performance. How do I enable it? I googled it, and I couldnt find anything, so I decided to ask here. My system specs are:

Computer Maker: TOSHIBA
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.70GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Hard Drive: 200 GB
Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM

Thanks

A:How do I enable AGP on my Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset family card?

From what I've read, you have an onboard graphics card(on your motherboard) I'm not sure if you have just that onboard card, or if you just have another card. If so, you could go into your BIOS(usually delete/f1/f2 at startup, one of those keys) read through it a bit. I know that sometimes there's an 'enable AGP' option, or anything that looks like it.

However, it doesn't look like you have an AGP card in your laptop.
Check that out first though. You might also want to check if you have the correct drivers for your card installed. On a side notenboard cards aren't very good for games, but they might handle a few.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-enable-agp-on-my-mobile-intel-r-945gm-express-chipset-family-card.73608/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey ppl. I've only had positive experiences with my Dell XPS 435t/9000.
The only thing that sucks is that dell has put some kind of block on the BIOS settings for overclocking/turbo mode for i7. Does anyone know of any methods to remove this blockage or another way around it, any programs u can use or anything? Sucks that I'm not able to overclock it.

A:Intel i7 Turbo Mode

Quote: Originally Posted by hawkin90

Hey ppl. I've only had positive experiences with my Dell XPS 435t/9000.
The only thing that sucks is that dell has put some kind of block on the BIOS settings for overclocking/turbo mode for i7. Does anyone know of any methods to remove this blockage or another way around it, any programs u can use or anything? Sucks that I'm not able to overclock it.

What BIOS version do you have?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/98402-intel-i7-turbo-mode.html
Relevancy 62.35%

ive been looking for the driver of my video card and several programs as driver finder suggest the correct one in winxp_144211.exe, but when i try to install it i get a message that says it is the incorrect one and check the manufacturers page. I tried and looked in there but theres no support for my laptop.
Its a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300-1A9.

A:Video card driver won't install, Mobile Intel 4 R Express chipset family

Did you try the Toshiba website? Since you did not specify the operating system this is the closest I could get: http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK

Be sure to enter the appropriate version of Windows in the box.

Also, it would have narrowed down the search if you could have provided the name of the country in which you bought the laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-driver-wont-install-mobile-intel-4-r-express-chipset-family.178867/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a AMD Dual slot video card on my Asus M A X-Evo Motherboard It is installed in the first x slot and I also have a PCI-e x XF-I Titanium Sound card The problem I am having is that one of the x slots is covered by the video card and the nd one is open but right smack below the Video card My Video card is the Sapphire slot Question PCI-e dual below slot card video about GHz Edition non OC Attached is a picture of what I am trying to explain My other question is Will this cause issues since one of the GPU fans is semi covered Its it recommended Last question If I move this to one of the x slots below on my motherboard will it cause my x PCI-E slot to slow down Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Computer Specs - Asus M A x-Evo Motherboard AM AMD FX Core Ghz Sapphire AMD Radeon GHz Edition GB GB DDR Kingston HyperX memory x GB GB WD Black Edtion SATA HD TB WD Black Edtion SATA HD Sound Blaster XF-I Titanium PCI-E x Sound Card Thremaltake Bronze PS Smart Series DVDRW SATA DVD-ROM SATA nbsp

A:Question about PCI-e slot below dual slot video card

My opinion ...

Yes, setting up like that will have an impact. The air flow to your GPU will be restricted so it will more than likely run hotter than it did. It may still stay withing recommended specs, but it will run hotter.

The motherboard has onboard sound (RealtekŪ ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ), any particular reason why you don't use that? Onboard sound is perfectly good for gaming and the like now, its not like older machines where you needed a dedicated card for decent quality. In my opinion, you only need a dedicated card if you are doing a lot of detailed audio work (mixing, remastering and other specific audio work). This would totally remove the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-pci-e-slot-below-dual-slot-video-card.1092148/
Relevancy 61.92%

Dell Latitude E6420 is my laptop with Windows 7 Enterprise. Turbo Boost is enabled in BIOS but is disabled in OS according to AIDA64. I managed to install Intel Turbo Boost Monitor but it says that Turbo Boost is not enabled. Although i still see standard speed but i also see Energy Saver appears when CPU runs at less than standard speed.

What is interesting is that Turbo Boost gets enabled in OS only when SpeedStep is enabled as well in BIOS. This slows down CPU to ~700Mhz and stays there no matter what. Enabling\Disabling C-State did not do anything and there is no multiplier.

Intel Chipset Utility is latest version and i did not find any Turbo Boost driver, nor any service in Administration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-intel-turbo-boost-is-disabled.1011645/
Relevancy 61.92%

Q1. What is the MAXIMUM Turbo Boost technology for i5 760 2.8 Ghz without overclocking the CPU? below are my hardware specs.
Q2. Example: An application needs 3 Ghz clockspeed to run smoothly.

Will i5 760 @ 2.8 Ghz convert to 3 Ghz?
Specs:

i5 760 2.80 Ghz
Mobo = DH55PJ
4 gig corsair ddr3
GTS250 1 Gig ddr3 256 bit
2 TB Hard Disc.

I need a good simple answer Q1 and Q2.

Tnx!

A:Intel i5 760 @ 2.8 Ghz Max Turbo Boost Technology

Max Turbo Frequency 3.46 GHz

The CPU automatically steps the multiplier based on load and number of cores used:

Up to 1 core used at 3.46 GHz. On CPU extensive apps, expect to get the 2.93GHz speed, as all 4 cores will be used. This is of course at the stock 133MHz BCLK.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/111913-intel-i5-760-2-8-ghz-max-turbo-boost-technology.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I understand what Intel Turbo Boost technology is and how it works What I would really like to know is quot does it do what it says on the can quot In practice does this technology really work seamlessly in the background as your computing demands vary depending Technology Turbo Intel Boost on your current needs I am currently considering the purchase of a computer with an Intel Core i - U Processor that is rated GHz and GHz with TurboBoost incorporating a Intel Turbo Boost Technology MB cache Some Intel Turbo Boost Technology of the work that I do is as mundane and low-usage as Word or Excel and a GHz Intel Turbo Boost Technology processor is more than adequate But much of the work that I do is graphically intensive and I expect that at GHz the processor will fall over but at GHz it should be just fine In the real-world of hands-on use is this Intel Turbo Boost technology the answer to vastly different workloads such as that described above TiA T nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

i have a core i7 3610QM. i understand Turbo Boost is enabled through the motherboard bios. i understand i can monitor it when the Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.5 program is open and running. what i am not sure of, is whether or not the turbo boost works all the time, with or without the Technology Monitor program running, or does it only work when the program is open and running.

A:Intel Turbo boost, When is it working?

Turbo boost only activates when you need more processor power. Download CPU Z and look at bottom left corner, that is your current speed, If you put your CPU in a stress test like prime95 this number will increase because of the extra power needed

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270942-intel-turbo-boost-when-working.html
Relevancy 61.92%

in Gigabyte bios under CPU features theres feature that allows the CPU to overclock itself when its under load..

C.I.A.2 its called

you can set:
DISABLED
CRUISE
SPORTS
RACING
FULL THROTTLE

now I set Sports and Windows crashed shortly after loading... a reboot worked... then it crashed after rebooting again... the screen just went all blue... at one point I got a BSOD which mentioned hardware failure

I disabled it and all is fine...

is there something I have missed out in the options..?

thanks

A:Intel Turbo boost - BSOD>?

Tell us what your hardware is please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-turbo-boost-bsod.894557/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all I just build a new rig with intel Core i7 2600k and MSI P67A GD55 mobo. It working fine at the beginning and after a few days I encounter a problem that is my turbo boost function is not working. I tried prime95 to stress my core it still won't work even in 1 core. I check the bios the turbo boost is enable. I reset my BIOS and the turbo boost works in the 1st boost and again lost function for the 2nd boot even I shut down my pc for 10 hours. Someone help me please !

A:Intel Turbo Boost not working

Check to see if you have an MSI overclocking application that came with the board that is overriding the BIOS settings. That's the only thing I can think of.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-turbo-boost-not-working.160846/
Relevancy 61.06%

I saw this driver posted over at Station Drivers for Oct 22nd.
I read a little about it at Intel's website that its for Core i7 (which I have), but when I try to install it I get an error box that my hardware is not supported.

Just curious if anyone knows anything about this driver and/or why I may not be able to install it.

Thanks in advance....
T

A:Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver

Its a Gadget, rather then a driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/32327-intel-turbo-boost-technology-driver.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Did a clean install on my Vaio laptop (VPCF11LFX) of Win 7 64 bit Ultimate. Before I had a program under Control Panel/Program and Features called Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver. Now I don't. I can't find out what this program is or what it's purpose is. Is it even necessary as my laptop seems to be running fine. I found the latest version (I think) and it seemed to load but when I checked, it didn't show up under Programs and Features. Any info would be helpful.

Regards

JJ

A:Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver, What is it?

Hi jj!

I was going to give you a brief synopsis, runs the proc core faster, but this Intel page will describe it better:
Processors — Intel? Turbo Boost Technology frequently asked questions

You can also download a gadget which shows it in action:
Processors — Intel? Turbo Boost Technology Monitor

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/85874-intel-turbo-boost-technology-driver-what.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, I`m using Dell Inspiron 15r special addiction and formatted my windows 7 with Dell Datasafe thing. After I reformatted my laptop and I noticed that the Intel(R) Turbo Boots Technology Monitor showing 2.9 ~ 3.0 GHz all the time although its under idle status.before that, when its idle it will be lower than 2.9 GHz until I executing some program. Anyone know what happen with the Intel(R) Turbo Boots Technology Monitor 2.0?

A:Intel(R) Turbo Boosts Technology Monitor 2.0

Try uninstalling and updating to the latest version here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=19105

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/303240-intel-r-turbo-boosts-technology-monitor-2-0-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, Im kind of new here so just ask for more details if i am lacking!
I have a new Dell xps15 laptop with the i7-2720QM processor running windows 7 professional

It is said to run at 2,2ghz and speed step up to 3.3ghz.

Using CPU-Z i can see it self stepping from 2.2ghz down to 700mhz (when not in use) but i NEVER see it step up to 3.3ghz. ANyone have any idea WHY this is? or how i can enable the processor to access the Higher level of processing, A google search just takes me to DELL or Intel website where I get no help at all .

I have Tried Stress Testers on my CPU on all 4 cores (maxes at 2.2ghz) and One core alone using prime95 and still CPU-Z reads 2.2ghz.
Sorry if this isn't too clear but if you need anymore information please ask!

Thanks alot!

Relevancy 61.06%

When I try to install it at the end I get this message:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I tried going into cmd and typing ''regsvr32 VbScript'' and it worked as it should, but even after I removed the driver and tried installing it again it still did not work any help anybody

A:Intel Turbo boost is not installing correctly

That is not Intel Turbo Boost. Intel Turbo Boost is part of the firm ware of the CPU.

What you are trying to install is a Turbo Boost monitoring software.
It appears it is not compatible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/220796-intel-turbo-boost-not-installing-correctly.html
Relevancy 61.06%

k so my computer kept crashing because of my intel? Turbo Boost Technology will not start because of my i7. i have been reading up on this and it is a problem with a lot of i7. i am wondering what i can do. i have a dell studio 17

A:intel turbo boost tech problem

Is it enabled in Bios Eric?

Quote:
Intel Turbo Boost Technology is usually enabled by default by a switch in the bios where you can either enable or disable operation. Other than this, there are no user controllable settings to change Intel Turbo Boost Technology operation either in the hardware settings or operating system. Once enabled, Intel Turbo Boost Technology works automatically under operating system control.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/181877-intel-turbo-boost-tech-problem.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and Intel Turbo Boost worked fine. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and now Intel Turbo Boost will not load.  Is this a windows issue or do I need an updated version of Intel Turbo Boost?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7f8b070-a202-4bb7-a592-b30569313183/intel-turbo-boost-technology-in-windows-10-pro?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone, I have an Acer Aspire 7745g laptop, 8gb ram, ati 5650m graphics card, and an i5 460M dual core with hyperthreading, clock speed 2.53 ghz and Windows 7 64 bit
When playing games like BF3, I notice that the processor is close to 100%, usually between 90% and sometimes going to 100%. I was wondering why Intel Turbo boost never kicks in, it says with turbo boost my cpu can go up to 2.8 ghz, but it always stays at 2.53 whenever I check on the turbo boost monitor

A:Intel Turbo Boost Overclocking Not Working

On tasks that are other than gaming (e.g. web browsing, encoding videos), does your Turbo Boost activate? If so, your CPU temperature is probably hot during gaming, and by design when a certain core temperature is reached during load (around 80-85 deg Celcius for example), Turbo boost deactivates to reduce heat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250565-intel-turbo-boost-overclocking-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi my laptop has "intel turbo boost technology monitor 2.0" does anyone no what the little green blob is within the box

A:intel turbo boost technology monitor 2.0

Hi moota1514,Looks like it's a green leaf and indicates that the processor is running in "energy saving mode." See this link: http://drdobbs.com/blogs/high-performance-computing/229301335 for pictures and more info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429383/intel-turbo-boost-technology-monitor-20/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have Intel Core i5-3210M on my Laptop with 2GB Radeon GPU

I want to Auto - Turbo Boost the CPU to 3.1 GHZ or manually Turbo Boost. Want to know how to perform this task?

A:Turbo Boost - Intel Core i5-3210M

Do you mean OverClocking?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45878-turbo-boost-intel-core-i5-3210m.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, Im kind of new here so just ask for more details if i am lacking!
I have a new Dell xps15 laptop with the i7-2720QM processor

It is said to run at 2,2ghz and speed step up to 3.3ghz.

Using CPU-Z i can see it self stepping from 2.2ghz down to 700mhz (when not in use) but i NEVER see it step up to 3.3ghz. ANyone have any idea WHY this is? or how i can enable the processor to access the Higher level of processing, A google search just takes me to DELL or Intel website where I get no help at all .

I have Tried Stress Testers on my CPU on all 4 cores (maxes at 2.2ghz) and One core alone using prime95 and still CPU-Z reads 2.2ghz.
Sorry if this isn't too clear but if you need anymore information please ask!

Thanks alot!

A:Intel Speed Step / Turbo Boost

win2kpro is the expert here that I get advice from on Intel processors and Intel motherboards. Send him a private message and see if he can assist you.

It may just be a matter of going to Control Panel - Power Options and making some changes in "Change advanced power settings".

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-speed-step-turbo-boost.1005309/
Relevancy 61.06%

hi there,
i need to know which know which graphic card will fit for my computer. Ie i want to know which type: DDR ,DDR1 or ddr2 i bought my computer in 2007, but thats not enough to tell.
so please let me know how do i know which pci slot i have?

A:which graphic card slot do i require for my PCI slot

The type of memory doesn't matter, its the type of interface the computer supports among a few other things to watch for.

You likely have a PCI-Express slot, as long as it a x16 slot it doesn't really matter if its a version 1.1 or 2.0 slot.

Is this for your Dell or another computer? Whats you budget and what needs do you have for the video card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphic-card-slot-do-i-require-for-my-pci-slot.921803/
Relevancy 61.06%

Dear support, notebook contains two mini PCI-e slots, in one is wifi card and second is empty. My question is, if is possible insert to second free mini PCI-e slot mSATA SSD disk? Is it supported in this notebook type? Product number: 5CD2447GF0 Thank you.Michal

A:mSATA SDD disk to mini PCI-e slot

@Kikman? Supports 32 GB and 24 GB mSATA for use with computer models with IntelCore processors, with system memoryup to 8 GB.  Your manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03733729 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/mSATA-SDD-disk-to-mini-PCI-e-slot/td-p/5802360
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I just got  Aspire V5-591G laptop and after some digging to check how is everything working i found out, that I cant get intel turbo boost technology to work. I tried checking it with programs like Argus Monitor/ CPU-Z and my processor frequency stats at 2.3 max. Of course I used software to put maximum pressure on my proccesor cores, nothing tells me Turbo Boost is working.I also noticed that in Task Manager -> Resource monitor my max CPU Frequency stays at 94% and wont move higher no matter what. Yes i use Maximum Performance power mode and i use Windows 8.1. Thx in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-591G-Intel-Turbo-Boost-not-working/td-p/436234/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

So who actualy did try check temperature while cpu is at max work with turbo boost?

On mine it can go till 75C at least and i consider it prety hot,
before you ask - no its a new laptop with 2 month lol Aspire 7750G/ Intel i5 2430M 2.4ghz
(Turbo Boost till 3.0ghz) also use a base akasa helix cooler.

I decided to disable Turbo Boost wich wont pass trough 55C under max workload,
whats your opinion on this? im prety sure that anything higher than 70C is crushing CPU eventualy.

A:Intel Mobile i5 Core Turbo Boost Heat

I'm not a laptop person but it looks to me you have 2 choices. Better cooling or leaving Turbo Boost off. 75 C is to hot. Make sure you laptop is in a location where air can get to it. Also they do make separate laptop coolers you can use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/215579-intel-mobile-i5-core-turbo-boost-heat.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Dell Inspiron 5548 running Windows 8.1 and it has an Intel Core i5-5220U processor. Intel Turbo Boost is not working on my computer. I have tried re-installing the Intel Chipset Driver multiple times (with and without Intel Speed Step enabled in the UEFI), and each time after successfully installing Intel Turbo Boost still does not work. How can I make Intel Turbo Boost work on my PC?
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995624
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all this's my second post for help on this site while looking around Boost Technology Generation needed 2nd Turbo for Intel Driver Not i7? the net for more unnecessary driver's to disable I stumbled Not needed Turbo Boost Technology Driver for Intel 2nd Generation i7? across something interesting The topic relate's to the I i series processor's and it's turbo boost driver when reading the thread I noticed one of the commenters saying quot Newer I series processors do not need the TB driver its built into the processor now quot that really piqued my interest seeing as I use one these I i series processor's on my laptop and always figured that the Turbo Boost Technology Driver would be a necessary software component to have so my processor would be able to initiate it's quot safe overclocking quot function that made me decide to purchase a machine with a quot I quot processor in the first place The commenter also claimed that the nd Generation i series for sure wouldn't need to utilize the driver for turbo boost to work anyway I just happened to be using Not needed Turbo Boost Technology Driver for Intel 2nd Generation i7? one of the second gen i processor's and was wondering if I could disable the aforementioned driver and still utilize quot turbo boost quot as Not needed Turbo Boost Technology Driver for Intel 2nd Generation i7? apparently turbo boost was already quot Built In quot to my processor and doe's not require Intel R Turbo Boost Driver to function typing this just make's me dubious and confused about the commenters claim doesn't quot Built-In quot refer to the driver itself or was the commenter getting at something else This's the link to the webpage I found the info on What is the quot Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver quot for - Super User If anyone can help me on this I would really appreciate it Thank You in Advance -Arcturus Fyr

A:Not needed Turbo Boost Technology Driver for Intel 2nd Generation i7?

I think it's confusion with the intel monitor, not turbo boost itself. I'll dig in and see if I can find more info.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/283887-not-needed-turbo-boost-technology-driver-intel-2nd-generation-i7.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Well it worked when I've tried using it the first time, now it doesnt.

My processor is here :
i7 2630qm

It does support turbo boost, and I have it enabled.
I've uninstalled it and reinstalled, didn't work.

Please can I get a reply.
Nothing remotely related to revo uninstaller please.

A:Intel turbo boost technology monitor 2.6 - Doesnt work

Hello Skillsfury and welcome to the forums

What makes you think it isn't working?

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/239426-intel-turbo-boost-technology-monitor-2-6-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Dell Mini 10v that recently erred with the "ntdetect.com failed!" message, and I don't have any CD slots on the dell mini so I used "USB Multi Boot 10" with PetoUSB, and I got it to work on the dell mini. I got to the recovery screen and when I type in "D:\copy ntdetect.com C:\"(that's where my ntdetect.com file is located on my usb drive), So that I can copy it onto the C:\ Drive to resolve my error, it just says "The file could not be copied". Is there anyway to get ntdetect.com to copy onto the C:\ Drive?

Here are a couple of pictures of the error, and my Dell Mini10v with the flash drive in it.

A:ntdetect.com failed! dell mini 10v. no cd slot, Using USB drive

when you get to the D:\> prompt do a dir command, can you see the files on the flash drive?
It would be best if the ntdetect file was the only file on the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ntdetect-com-failed-dell-mini-10v-no-cd-slot-using-usb-drive.858860/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello my Optiplex just arrived this week nbsp I bought a Kingston mb SATA ssd in slot Tower upgrade.... 7040 Optiplex Mini M.2 a stick so I m trying to see if I can use this for my main boot drive Windows and then move the gb Sata drive over to a storage drive When I install the mb stick into the M slot and load the bios nbsp nbsp It shows up under General System Information PCI information Slot M amp also under Device Information SATA- nbsp nbsp When I look under System Configuration Drives it also shows up under SATA- here as well nbsp However it s showing up as a gb Drive under type So when I boot from a USB drive to try and reinstall Windows on this M stick it Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower M.2 slot upgrade.... s not showing up at all When I connect the M SATA drive and load Windows on the existing SATA drive that came with the the M Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower M.2 slot upgrade.... stick shows up in device manager under the hard drives nbsp The serial there corresponds to a Toshiba-form hdd unfortunately I can t do anything with it in Windows SATA operation is set to AHCI and I am booting into legacy with the USB Any thoughts nbsp I m wondering if maybe I have a dead memory stick nbsp There s no real way I can test it on another computer to see what happens

A:Optiplex 7040 Mini Tower M.2 slot upgrade....

For Windows 10 you should have a UEFI Boot with SecureBoot Enabled. The USB should be made using the GPT partition scheme for UEFI BIOS. I hope you mean 120 GB and not 120 MB....
See here for details:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997156
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm having a problem with this driver in Windows 7. When I view my devices, there are exclamation points on these:

1) Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology
Manufacturer: Intel
Device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

2) Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I tried to troubleshoot thru Windows 7 by re-installing the drivers of both. However, both installations failed. What seems to be the problem with my system.

What should be the effect of these "troubles"? How will I resolve these issues?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-r-turbo-boost-technology-driver-and-microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter.934821/
Relevancy 57.62%

Ok, I Was Planning To Upgrade My Computer, So I Am Thinking Of Buying A Core 2 Quad Q6600/Q8200 And I Would Need A New Motherboard, Because My Motherboard Is Very Out Of Date Nowadays.

So I Would Need It To Be:-

Able To Support Core 2 Quad Q6600/Q8200
Have 1/2 (pref 2) PCI Express x16 Slots
Have 1/2 PCI Express x1 Slots
Have 2/3 PCI Slots.
4 Memory (Ram) DDR/DDR2/DDR3 Slots
UNLESS THERE IS A BETTER SLOT CONFIGURATION.
And The Rest I Am Not Totally Sure About. I'm Guessing Something Like The MS-7255 (Which I Have Now).

Thanks, I'll Give Any Info You Want.

Jack Sparham