Windows Support Forum

How can I put my laptop keys back into place?

Q: How can I put my laptop keys back into place?

While I was playing a game and pressed the control button (Ctrl) and the 'J' button, they both randomly popped off. I tried looking for some videos that would help to me put them back properly.

The two clips are still on the keyboard for 'J' and just the key itself is out. When I push down on it to get it back in place, the bottom half is lanky. The top clips on but the bottom doesn't.

This is for my laptop HP Compaq 6730s

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How can I put my laptop keys back into place?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How can I put my laptop keys back into place?

Sometimes you have to press in the middle of the key to get to snap into place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/101443-how-can-i-put-my-laptop-keys-back-into-place.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Two questions This first one is a question about what two registry keys do HKEY LOCAL MACHINE gt SYSTEM gt CurrentControlSet gt services gt Tcpip gt Parameters gt DNSRegisteredAdapters gt Corresponding NIC What are the Flags and RegisteredSinceBoot keys keys do do change DNSRegisteredAdapters' what once Also, these to values. original back changed, will keys What do they do I attempt to change the values of these keys They go back to their original values if I restart log in or run ipconfig registerdns nbsp Here is some background I am on an IT engineering and I have been looking into a DNS issue we have had for quite some time The issue is that our AD DNS server records do not update for DNSRegisteredAdapters' keys once changed, will change back to original values. Also, what do these keys do about half of our machines We have timestamps dating back a couple of months I know I know scavenge The team in charge of that is in the process of getting that set I have been looking into a multitude of things to ensure all computers' DNS records update nbsp In my testing I have checked several machines and notice that those keys mentioned above have the values of- flags and registeredsinceboot On the computers that aren't updating their values are I have attempted to change to and on a computer that isn't updating but the values always revert back to nbsp Perhaps the issue we are seeing isn't related at all to the keys presented but if you can help me identify the purpose of these keys and how to save the values if changed that would be greatly appreciated At least for testing purpose nbsp Some more info if you'd like Since these are the AD DNS servers only computers on the domain connect to them yes the security settings specify this I have taken machines that aren't updating off the domain and re-added them Their records did not change I took off machines that are updating and their DNS records was removed almost immediately I re-added them and their record was updated in the DNS servers almost immediately Also there were some machines whose DNS records hadn't updated in months but as soon as I ran ipconfig renew and ipconfig registerdns they updated Others didn't update with this nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a797d314-c358-464b-9def-cfd37b2f0b7a/dnsregisteredadapters-keys-once-changed-will-change-back-to-original-values-also-what-do-these?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey techguys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've recently reinstalled XP and my " and @ keys are the wrong way round, I'm sure there's an easy way to fix this but I don't know it!

Thanks.

Relevancy 59.34%

Don't do what I did or you will spend hours on the phone trying to get to the correct person I have an Keys Down Write And Put Safe Product Place.... In Acer that I upgraded from Write Down Product Keys And Put In Safe Place.... Home Basic first to Home Premium and then to Ultimate That was my first mistake I should have just gone from Basic to Ultimate OK I really started to dislike Vista so I got a larger HD and installed XP and then I reinstalled Vista in order to dual boot I did my upgrade purchases through the AnytimeUpgrade Marketplace THAT WAS MY ND MISTAKE So I figured a quick call and Write Down Product Keys And Put In Safe Place.... I should have it Well it has been about week and I think I finally found the responsible party They have agreed to send me a new disk really don't need it but he said FREE as well as the Product Keys for both of my upgrades Sweet BTW this notebook running XP with GB of RAM flies The same does not go for Vista Lock-ups applications hanging and a bunch of other things prompted me to install the XP I needed to keep the Vista simply because I feel a responsibility to support any of my clients that went with Vista Following is a link about the Acer Hardware upgrade I have a Core Duo T in mine and it helps a lot Just remember to upgrade your BIOS http forum notebookreview com showthread php t DR

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158084/write-down-product-keys-and-put-in-safe-place/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi So a number of weeks ago I posted a thread about how half my audio was quot missing quot from the mixer in windows the audio would play perfectly fine I just had no idea what it was coming from And I found it In the recording tab Highlighted is Wave That's where all the extra audio is coming from VLC any and every game I play etc And here is a screenshot of my in I right back audio the place? get do How audio center showing pretty much the same thing recorder tab with my mic and wave which for some reason has half my output audio Disabling the device doesn't stop any audio being played Nor does muting it I attempted to have another device quot listen quot to it and while it showed up on the mixer no sound can be seen coming from it even when there is This wouldn't be an issue but this does kind of impact me when I'm trying to stream and How do I get audio back in the right place? I have no in game audio because it's all How do I get audio back in the right place? coming from a recording tab Just wondering if anyone can help or has any ideas on how to get all the output back onto my speakers Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/47044-how-do-i-get-audio-back-right-place.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My shortcuts disappeared from the Start Menu, and Administrative Tools was empty. But I was able to get them back -- thanks so much to those from this site who put together the brilliant tutorial on restoring shortcuts .

But the fact that they were missing in the first place has me perplexed. Does anyone know what could have happened? I will be scratching me head and losing sleep until I find out what happened.

A:Shortcuts gone, got them back! Why did they leave in the first place?

That is quite odd.

Do you use any registry cleaning programs or optimizers?

Hopefully not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/317699-shortcuts-gone-got-them-back-why-did-they-leave-first-place.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hello....on my computer theprocessor fan has broken off..wondering why it wouldnt turn on.got many different sounded beeps...the processer fan was tumbling around my computer when i lifted it to take apart...so i layed it on its side and placed the fan ontop of the processor and it works perfectly.....how can i get this to stick on?..it seems everythings broke to get it to stick..is there any kind of glue type substance
thanks for your help

Relevancy 55.04%

I just got a new hard drive and mistakenly left clicked instead of right clicked on run and placed on the desktop as a short cut but can't get it back on the start menu.

I've done:
taskbar and start menu properties >start menu > customize and used default settings >ok > apply > ok

Didn't work

I did taskbar and start menu > cuustomize > checked the run command > ok > apply > ok

and didn't work.

Thanks.

A:place run back on start menu

Hi -
Normally if you Right click on a desktop "Short cut" you will have the option to Delete it.

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454093/place-run-back-on-start-menu/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi.

i have a doubt.

let me explain the scenario.

I am on a webpage. Say, i am reading the 4th or 5th para of an article.

Then i press control+home key on my keyboard.

Again i feel the need to traverse back to the same paragraph which i was reading a little earlier using keyboard shortcut.

Please tell me if there is any shortcut to do so..

Thanks in anticipation.

A:how to navigate back to the same place in a web page

As long as you aren't currently in a text box. . . . the Backspace Key should do the trick I think.

Also, I don't know if this applies to other web browsers, but Alt+Left Arrow is the shortcut for Back in Firefox.

Hope that helps

~Blade

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243873/how-to-navigate-back-to-the-same-place-in-a-web-page/
Relevancy 55.04%

My system was running fine running XP Pro but I just had to experiment with dynamic volumes. I backed up my system to an external hard drive made the conversion and it hosed my computer, putting it in an endless reboot loop, which I figured it probably would. I reinstalled XP Pro went to my backup and told it to restore to "original locations" (I have a C & F hard drive). It restored everything to my C drive and restored none of my settings even though i told it to restore my "system state". Any suggestions to get things back the way they were? Thanks for the help in advance.

A:XP Pro back up not putting things in right place

It probably restored your user account, but you are not logged into it as that user. Right click the Start Button and choose Explore. In the Windows Explorer, go up to Tools/FolderOptions/View and make sure Show Hidden Files and Folders is checked. Click OK.Then under C:\Documents and Settings is there another similar user account name as the one you are currently logged into? If so, then copy your My Documents, Desktop, Favorites and .pst file if you use Outlook for Email, to the new profile. You should have all of your old settings now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-back-up-not-putting-things-in-right-place-388731.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I'm tyring to practice my German by listening to an audio book in German I also have the same audio book in English translation What I was hoping to do was to listen to a few paragraphs in German Then listen to a the same and Want audio 2 my listen forth in place keep and to back to sources each few paragraphs in translation in English from the other audio source to pick up anything I missed Then go back to the German and listen to the next few paragraphs Then back to the English And so on back and forth The requirement is that I want to keep my place Want to listen to 2 audio sources back and forth and keep my place in each in each of two different audio recordings and go back and forth between the two of them I can't figure out how one would do this with Windows Media Player As soon as you open an audio file you lose any other you were previously in and start again at the beginning of the new one Is there any way I can do what I want to do with one computer only Scrolling to approximately the right place and then listening is simply way too inconvenient Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Want to listen to 2 audio sources back and forth and keep my place in each

Hi,

I have several sound playing software options on my PC & therefore I suggest you do the same. This will allow you to open both files in the two pieces of software & then play them as required.

Itunes, Media player, Media Center etc, etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/297240-want-listen-2-audio-sources-back-forth-keep-my-place-each.html
Relevancy 52.03%

No one leaves the room until I get my keys back!
Strange thing happened. One minute I'm playing Xwing, using all the designated keys etc, the next my computer decides that the F9 key won't work properly. This is an imperial plot to deny rebel pilots the option of boosting lasers - or is it?
Basically the rest of the keyboard works properly - thanks to a little test utility someone sent me - except the F9 and Print Screen keys. All the others register "down" and "up" with the utility, but F9 and "Print Screen" just register the "up" movement.
I've investigated the driver etc and to no avail. The result being that F9 and "Print Screen" have taken a holiday.
Tell me what to do and save the galaxy from the empire!

Relevancy 51.17%

hi my laptop is Sony vaio VGN-CR120E
have just installed windows 7 ultimate x32 and all sony related tools like webcam and fn keys arent working. please help.
i know my product page is Sony eSupport - VGN-CR120E - Software Updates & Drivers but there's no windows 7 options in the drop down menu.
please help and thanks in advance!

A:Please HELP me getting all drivers and fn keys back

What were you using before?
Xp or vista or another OS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/31987-please-help-me-getting-all-drivers-fn-keys-back.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Two Questions:
1. Should I back up C: or D: to a flash drive/cd?
2. Where can I buy keyboard keys for my laptop? (Please read my computer specifications.)
All help is appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298662-2-questions-should-i-back-up-c-d-where-can-i-buy-keyboard-keys.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I wondered if anyone could help me with what appears to be hidden registry keys. My OS is Win98se. When running SpyHunter v 1.1.29, I see registry entries listing BackWeb in the status bar, but when I search the registry (using regedit) for "BackWeb", nothing is found. When I navigate the registry the key shown in SpyHunter does not exist. In fact, SpyHunter shows many key names that do not exist...like DoubleAgent, Adult something or other, etc.

Does this sound like hidden spyware? Has anyone had this issue?

Any help would be much appreciated

Ed in CO

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi!
I updated to windows 10 two weeks ago and since then I had to restore to factory settings.
I did not know that it would delete the Toshiba Programs but it has.
I now can't use special function keys but I want them back.
Which Toshiba Program does this and What other Toshiba Programs should I re-install.
Thank you.

A:Back from Win 10 to Win 7 - can't use special function keys

I am not back from Win 10 to Win 7. I have Win 10 and I want to download the programs I lost BUT...
PSKC8A-09V00S : The part number you entered is not a recognized device supporting upgrade to Windows 10. Please double check your part number and re-enter.
.....How do I do that when I get this message? Does this mean that I am stuck with Win10 on a Toshiba Laptop without the Toshiba Programs??? And If my Device does not support windows 10, Why was i sent the upgrade, and why does Win10 seem to run fine on my device??? Can anyone answer this???

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85515-Back-from-Win-10-to-Win-7-can-t-use-special-function-keys
Relevancy 50.31%

I performed a system recovery this week and reverted the computer back to factory default.Everything is OK except the ( " and @ ) keys work back to front.I've gone to control panel> regional and languages, and switched between UK and US keyboards without success.Can any body help?
My system details are as follows;
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, x64 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: Radeon X1650 Series, 3 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 147761 MB, Free - 115153 MB; D: Total - 147487 MB, Free - 147383 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, EM61SM/EM61PM
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there

I've noticed one little problem in W8 that IMO needs to be fixed by Ms.

If you hook an external monitor to your laptop say and use the Windows + P key to switch to that display only -- fine. Also switching back again is no problem or even running on BOTH displays.

BUT if you shutdown / switch off and then unplug the external monitor -- on reboot -- your screen will after the initial startup and login will go blank. You need to plug in the external monitor again to bring the menu back to switch the display back to the primary.
There might be another way but if you only have a blank screen ??? !!!.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Switch back to standard monitor after using Windows + P keys again

Hey Jimbo,

This may be a feature of the hybrid shutdown/restart/reboot cycle. I may be wrong, but I don't think when you reboot Win 8 does it poll all your devices again. Since this is essentially a hibernation/sleep restart (for speed), we may have to live with this.

I ran into this problem when I originally installed Win 8. On reboot, the primary screen came up blank, until I turned on the secondary screen, and fixed the arrangment. That was a most interesting couple of minutes until I figured out what happened.
My secondary screen is hooked up w/ HDMI, and my primary screen is DVI (no HDMI port). Screens seemed to be assigned initially as HDMI, DVI, VGA Analog, until you fix this. Let me know if I'm wrong on this assumption. Thanks

John

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/6289-switch-back-standard-monitor-after-using-windows-p-keys-again.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've determined that the reason I'm getting a whole lot of duplicate mount points is because of the registry entries in:

[Windows 2000]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints\

I can delete all the "drive" keys I don't want (all the duplicates from H: through Z, reboot the machine and verify that they don't show back up. However, given enough time (a day?), they all show back up again.

This is a Windows 2000 network setup as a domain. Is the server (Windows 2000 Server) forcing the client to put them back in? Or is the server not allowing the client to change it's registry? Would an application put them back in?

Any ideas? I'd greatly appreciate any help on this.

Other related thread: http://forums.techguy.org/t286529.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleted-mountpoint-registry-keys-keep-coming-back-please-help.290135/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have done a very silly thing and messed with my system registry without creating a restore point first.
Feel free to lambast me for my stupidity.

Problem is I deleted a this whole registry key instead of one very specific thing contained within it:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18

What are my options? Can I import the registry key and its contents from elsewhere? (internet? Windows boot CD?...)

The only thing that seems to be wrong with my computer now is that Microsoft Office doesn't work (and won't let me reinstall or uninstall it through add/remove programs) and microsoft activesync isn't working either.

I really need microsoft office, though. Please help!!

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have this laptop When the laptop is at Idle the CPU ranges from all the place over CPU Laptop to is this normal for this type of laptop Is there any way that I can resduce the CPU usage that Vista is using I have closed down unessecery programs that I dont need Thanks Wizkid Operating System System Model Windows Vista Home Premium x Service Pack build OEM OEM System Serial Number D Chassis Serial Number D Enclosure Type NotebookProcessor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board OEM OEM BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-S H ATA Device CD-ROM drive WDC WD BEVS- RST Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WXE rev G SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot 'M ' has MB Laptop CPU all over the place serial number -B Slot 'M ' has MB serial number -B Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB freed NTFS on drive GB GB free Network ATA Channel Controller x ATA Channel Controller x Intel R ICH M port Serial ATA Storage Controller - Intel R ICH M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Display adapter x Generic PnP Monitor quot vis January Bus Adapters MultimediaMicrosoft iSCSI Initiator Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Laptop CPU all over the place

First of all when did you buy laptop?
Second how do you know that CPU rangers between 60-100%?
We need to know this before any fix suggestion can be made ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197879-laptop-cpu-all-over-place.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

No idea how this started happening, but I've found that the media keys on my HP laptop no longer work. Found the error in spotify, but I tried musicbee (the other music program I use) and they don't work there either. The keys are the default ones and they replace F6, F7 and F8. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Not sure what kind of logs or anything would be useful nor if I need a driver update or anything if someone could point me in the direction of what kinda info I should give, that'd be great.

Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47803-media-keys-play-pause-forward-back-no-longer-work.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm looking to get a new notebook PC of decent power and ability (looking to spend under $1000). Can anybody give me any good suggestions or places to look for the best opportunities and deals? I've tried places like slickdeals.net, ableshopper.com, and pricewatch.com....but still no real luck.

Thanks for your help!

A:Best place for a deal on laptop PC?

$400 off Latitude Notebooks $1699+ - $400 off $1399 Inspiron Notebooks, Sep 8
Dell Small Business has a rare $400 instantly off Corporate grade Latitude D510, D610, D810 Notebooks $1699+ Exp Wed 9/14 11pm CT or after earlier.
Also $400 off Inspiron Notebooks $1399+
Free optical drive upgrade. Free shipping, $19 handling. Tax is charged.

Offers cannot be combined with Outrageous Deals, Inspiron Recommended products, As Seen on TV offers or any other Dell discounts, offers or coupons.

Entry level 5.2lb Latitude D510 14 or 15in screen, 1 yr warranty Starts at $789. Add $910 in options and get $400 off automatically

Light 4.67lb Latitude D610 14in screen, 3yr warranty Starts at $1378. Add $311 in options and get $400 off

Desktop replacement 6.49lb Latitude D810 15.4in widescreen, ATI Radeon graphics, 3yr warranty Starts at $1558. Add $131 in options and get $400 off.
Email Deal Similar Deals

http://www.techbargains.com/index.cfm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-place-for-a-deal-on-laptop-pc.397448/
Relevancy 48.59%

hello everyone i know this tv laptop place in a screen of a using question has been asked before but the threads i found seemed out-dated so i figured id ask again i am a soldier in iraq and i enjoy playing using a laptop screen in place of a tv games in my little bit of free time i get im thinking about getting a playstation sent in the mail to me so i can enjoy some games to eat some time away but using a laptop screen in place of a tv i would rather not screw with a tv for various traveling reasons i just bought a P - Toshiba laptop with an ExpressCard ATSC Analog Hybrid TV Tuner card this is a HDTV Tuner I have an RF adapter cable and Composite video audio with S-Video input jack connerctor cable that came with it they both plug into the HDTV tuner card im running windows vista bit OS So what do I need to know about hooking the PS up to my laptop what program do i use what cable etc i want to make sure i know everything i need before i get a package sent so im not missing anything unfortunatlly there is no wal mart or best buy in baghdad thanks much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-laptop-screen-in-place-of-a-tv.819169/
Relevancy 48.16%

hello my brand new one week old laptop has malware on it i read the forum rules so here over cursor hp place laptop all the pavillion is my HiJacker log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place C Program Files hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCtrl exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Pro... Read more

A:hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place

edited to say i have no control of keys and cursor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-laptop-cursor-all-over-the-place.935542/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I've been reading threads for hours on Windows 7 installs but I can't find a specific answer for my scenario.

I am looking at buying a couple of Toshiba laptops that have a pre-installed version of Windows 7 Home Premium. I already own a Microsoft Action Pack which gives me 10 Windows 7 Professional licences. I want to be able to upgrade the OS on the laptops from the Home Edition to the Professional Edition. Because the laptops are already setup with all the toshiba software drivers etc installed I am reluctant to do a clean install. Is it possible to use the product key from my Action Pack to upgrade the laptops without having to wipe them and start again?

I'm not concerned about loosing the home premium licence I just want to upgrade to Professional Edition with minimum fuss.

I hope someone can help clarify this. Thanks.

A:In place upgrade on Toshiba laptop

Hi... I have got 2 Toshiba (netbook and a laptop) the net book came with the useless Windows7 starter.. I have upgradrd to Ultimate without any problems .
You will find a facility on your toshiba will enable you just to enter the license key and it is done ..I forgot what is it called but I will look for it .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/61527-place-upgrade-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

In my case the computer -  a Compaq SA423 - with  the AC adapter on its own won't start without the battery either.  However,  once it has fired up, it will run with the AC adapter on it;s own without the battery in place.  The AC adapter will charge the battery, but there is no power cord in the battery icon showing if the AC adapter is plugged in UNLESS I remove the battery. What is going on?

A:Laptop won't power up without Battery in place

Hi,In order ti isolate the issue further, i request you to download the latest bios from the HP site and check for the issue occurrence.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.htmlAlso, to confirm the AC Adapter issue, request you to connect this adapter to ant other notebook and check.Please reply with the results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-won-t-power-up-without-Battery-in-place/td-p/5072474
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been using the HP Envy DV since the summer of It was after place Laptop me... powers changing RAM up the the only of bought in the US same year In I had it serviced already out of the HP Guarantee period for loose hinges What happened next is that things got worse No way to power up the laptop I tried various options read forum opinions and followed advice It turned out that the only way the laptop lights up again is by changing the slots of the two memory RAM blocks That's it But once I turn it off I Laptop powers up only after changing the place of the RAM me... have to repeat the exchange again and again and again Clearly that will break the slots eventually Once started the laptop works fine Service guys Laptop powers up only after changing the place of the RAM me... advised me buying a new motherboard which would supposedly sovle the issue What might be the solution really nbsp Things I have already did but all in vain it doesn't power up even with the RAM blocks removed no beeps nothing that normally follows with no RAM with or withour power supply battery ac only bios battery removed - bios reset formatting the HDD and installing a new OS Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-powers-up-only-after-changing-the-place-of-the-RAM/td-p/5777255
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I normally buy my screens from ebay but does anyone know anywhere cheap . im from london uk so pref in uk please .. thanks

A:Where is cheapest place to buy replacement laptop screens

What's wrong with still using EBay? I get all my screens from EBay suppliers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-cheapest-place-to-buy-replacement-laptop-screens.187553/
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay, I make music. I am a laptop producer. I'm not sure its even eligible to ask here, but its the only forum site I've registered with.So, um -I need help. I need websites that provides free plugins to make dubstep sounds, like growls and stuff. Both vst's and vsti's are welcome, but it has to be free.If you think there's not much better free dll plugins, gimme the paid ones too, but generally not preffered.Plus, some sort of drum machine. There are a lot I know, but lacks the recording/exporting feature.Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Is this the right place to ask bout Laptop music production?

A GOOGLE search for Free plugins to make dubstep sounds found this - https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en-...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/is-this-the-right-place-to-ask-bout-laptop-music-production/2209.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am in need of upgrading from 8GB to 16GB laptop memory as I am almost maxing out. According to pcpartpicker.com, the prices seem to have increased from 2012... anyone know why? http://pcpartpicker.com/trends/memory/

Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi!

I have my own computer repair shop, and there's a dude I know who despise me for no apparent reason. He has much more IT certifications than I do and I'm wondering if he is spying on me or sniffing my IP packets using a customer's PC which he could use as a "trojan horse" inside my house. He can get pretty dirty as he is known to have done so a couple of times!

If there are preventive practices that I could use it will be awesome if you share some!

Thanks!

A:Can someone sniff my network by bringing a laptop at my place?

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
But seriously if you set your working environment like the pic below you will be a lot safer,

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1449707200

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387318-can-someone-sniff-my-network-bringing-laptop-my-place.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been having problems keeping my touchpad and keyboard functioning after taking my laptop apart. In the first instance, my touchpad stopped working a couple weeks after the dissection. I took the computer back apart, and re-secured the touch pad jack in the motherboard connector, and it worked again.

The second instance, which I havent been able to solve, is the keyboard keys. Certain keys will stop working after some short time after taking apart the computer, usually a couple hours to a couple days.

I have tried readjusting the keyboard jack in the motherboard connector, also have tried turning off the computer and taking out the battery for a while.

Please help

Its an HP Pavilion dv5000 with Windows XP

A:Help! Laptop keys stop working after laptop dissection

Also Ive noticed that all of the keys that aren't functioning are clustered in one area on the keypad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-keys-stop-working-after-laptop-dissection.926139/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I have Dell Inspiron N4050 Laptop with Integrated Webcam and running Windows 7 Ultimate edition - 64 bit..
I normally call using Gmail's Call phone service. I want to setup so that I can use Internal microphone in laptop to transmit my voice and hear the incoming call voice using external speakers.

**** I normally keep external speakers connected to laptop for listening to music, but whenever I have to make a call, I have to remove the speaker cables and connect headphone cables in audio jack. So, I am looking up for solution to do make audio/video calls using external speakers and without needing to connect headphones to transmit my voice to caller.

Could you help me with the setup please?
Thanks a lot!

A:Use external speakers in place of headphone and Laptop's microphone

Short answer, no. Because of the feedback problems, most users use a separate combination headset/mic to minimize feedback problems. Otherwise you will have to manually change things each time you speak or listen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/218050-use-external-speakers-place-headphone-laptops-microphone.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Okay so I am doing work on this guys computer He had windows vista I put windows on another partition That one wouldn't work with one program so I put another windows on a third partition This is over the course of a couple months ending in a few days ago Recently he has put some files in a program called NeatWorks that manages his receipts for his business so this is very vital stuff He has already shredded the receipts I need to get this partition bootable or at the very least able to access What I did was I booted into a gparted disk took out the vists and old partition and resized the new to take over their space that was done but there were a couple gigabyte partitions at the beginning I told it to resize to take them because what the heck a and place. of laptop Sort 3 one hard URGENT partitions, It did then it started another process or moving the stuff to the beginning of the disk I 3 partitions, one laptop and a hard place. Sort of URGENT wasn't paying attention and clicked cancel and confirm cancel on the following message saying quot DONT MESS WITH CRAP quot and now this partition isn't readable I've tried chkdsk f that says write protected I tried fixmbr which did nothing I have tried checking to see if I can install vista on another partition but it says g HD with free I tried DISKPART off the startup disk and it says that the filesystem shows up as raw I am in the gparted disk again looking through testdisk and it says there is no partition really Disk part shows me three partitions though volume and is around gigs so thats the partition I need but I can't access it or make it bootable I tried act to make it active but now when I load the system without any other disc in there it just repeats on a flashing cursor I'm not sure what else to do I really need to get this guys computer fixed but I'm in over my head here

A:3 partitions, one laptop and a hard place. Sort of URGENT

One thing I can suggest is to use Recuva to try and recover the partition or the files from it...

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Good Luck...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/116136-3-partitions-one-laptop-hard-place-sort-urgent.html
Relevancy 46.87%

please i did a mistake yesterday i place a magnet a very powerful magnet, near my pc at work last night and since den my pc is not booting
its telling me that hard drive not found
please what can i do?
somebody help!!

A:hello please i place magnet near my hard drive on laptop but its not working again

It would have had to be a very powerful magnet to erase the drive -- more likely is a coincidental drive failure.
Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall the hard drive -- if it's then still not seen, replace it.
If you need further information, we'll need to know what model system (i.e., Inspiron N5110, 5523, etc.) you have.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993702
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a LCD TV that has a native resolution of 1280 x 768 my darn laptop (IBM T40) resolution maxes at 1024x768 making the display look horrible on my TV when connected using the s-video out portion.

Is there anything at all I can do to make it look better? It does have an SVGA port on it but would just changing the S-Video to SVGA really make it so its not squished and fuzzy?

The kicker is the specs show - which means it should display just fine right?

Compatible Modes
NTSC 480i
HD Ready 480p, 720p, 1080i
PC 640 x 480, 800 x 600 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768

Relevancy 46.87%

I usually use my phone instead of the public WiFi but I wonder if it's too much to also use a paid VPN to protect my data. They're not super secret documents but some are confidential.

What do you think?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-encrypted-vpn-if-i-use-my-phone-to-connect-my-laptop-in-a-public-place.1104649/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just bought a Asus K53E used laptop and the screen is jumping all over the place. I'm on disability and got this for my sister and wish to fix this for her. Also need to know how to disable touch pad as it is hard to type with mouse jumping all over the place. I do have a mouse for it and wish also to update drivers as I have found out that 16 of them are out of date.

Thanks,

Tim

Relevancy 46.44%

A couple of weeks ago the phone company did major work on the lines around here. Before that, my web pages loaded with images appearing immediately. Now, I get image place holders which then covert into images. It's not much slower - it's just that the image place holders bug me and I wonder if some settings have changed on the PC that alter the way that pages load?

A:Solved: Image Place Holders all over the place

Hiya

Not sure if this will help, but it may be a setting in the Options:

Control Panel | Internet Options. Advanced tab. Scroll down to Multimedia, and untick Show Image Download Placeholders....Apply and OK

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-image-place-holders-all-over-the-place.282970/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi!

My computer(Mother board = micro star inc 7211) has a few issues with RAM

1. I Can only use 1 DDR ram if i place both of my 256 ddr ram the computer just beebs and does not start. but when i use 1 256 ddr ram its ok ,

2. when the computer starts with one ram and i check the ram capacity it reads 192 instead of 256

will someone please help me out

Thanks

A:Computer only works when i place one ddr ram but if i place two it beebs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-only-works-when-i-place-one-ddr-ram-but-if-i-place-two-it-beebs.923702/
Relevancy 46.44%

I dont get this. Sometimes I notice one time say (3hours, 20mins), and it will say 100% left. Then 10 seconds later I check it again and it will say 2hours left with 100%. WTF is this BS from toshiba? Is there any other software I can use? Cause obviously toshiba is playing false games with me. I cant even read my battery gauge properly cause the thing keeps jumping.

A:Centrino laptop - battery gauge in taskbar jumping all over the place

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/centrino-laptop-battery-gauge-in-taskbar-jumping-all-over-the-place.277943/
Relevancy 46.44%

maybe this doesn't belong in this forum, so if it doesn't, i apologize...but the question is as the title states.

A:Good place to buy an inexpensive, possibly dated laptop vid card?

specificially for a vaio vgn fz series?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-place-to-buy-an-inexpensive-possibly-dated-laptop-vid-card.143373/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Guys,

In the last few days this Acer Aspire 5535 Laptop, crashes during a reboot cycle, this is on the powering down phase. After this takes place a system restore is required which takes it back to the state prior to the reboot.

Powering on from cold and shuting down present no problem, this presents its own issues when installing new software.

Any help that you guys can give on this would be appreciated.

Cheers
Alan

A:Laptop Crashes When Rebooted, no issue when shutdown and boot takes place?

Please post this info to give us a hand in sorting out the issue: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-crashes-when-rebooted-no-issue-when-shutdown-and-boot-takes-place-466246.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have a HP pavilion g6 laptop on windows 7 home premium. A few weeks ago the space bar enter back space and up and down arrow keys stopped responding whilst I was typing on face book. I shut the laptop down, this did not work. I checked the filter and sticky keys weren't on , I put them on then unchecked them to clear. This did not work. I went on the HP help site where they suggested I take the battery off and hold the on button for 60 seconds then power back up. I did this and to my surprise it worked. Great I thought. But just a couple of days ago the same keys stopped responding again. I tried the same fix but this time nothing.
Can anyone help.... Is this a common fault ? I need the keys to work again ASAP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-g6-space-bar-enter-back-space-up-and-down-arrow-keys-not-responding.1116710/
Relevancy 44.72%

please can HP tech support help - nearly all bottom row keys are not working and this is soooooo frustrating having to use onscreen keyboardwould really appreciate your help thanx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/laptop-keys/td-p/5620154
Relevancy 44.72%

Alright so I got a brand new Toshiba laptop from my parents for my 17th birthday. I've had it for over a year, and today I got a little angry with the internet and ran my hand across the keyboard and...broke a few keys. I reconnected some, but others won't. I also have this problem:
Do you see how the spring on the "j" key is gone...so it's impossible to put the "J" key back on?? And the spring on the "N" key is torn...but obviously still there.

Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 44.72%

Desktop Cmp HP CQ Y AMD Athlon tm II u Processor GHz Ram GB GB Usuable Bit O S yrs old RECENT ERROR CODES FF CODE F C D E F NTFS VOLUME LABEL OS MISSING OR EMPTY ZIP FILE nbsp ERR CODES SYSTEM rundll exe' MCFOO dll ff KB KB KB quot ESSENTIAL FILE IS DAMAGED quot CODES DO! OVER PURCHASED BOOSTER/IOBIT-UPDATED WHAT TO BOTH NOT ALL KNOW THE & ASC/DRIVER WORKING;ERROR PLEASE LAPTOP/DESKTOP PLACE..DON'T HELP PLEASE REINSTALL DRIVER BOOSTER amp TRY AGAIN nbsp UNABLE TO SET TRYA ICON - CANNOT FIND quot MS INSTALLER PROGRAM quot nbsp quot CANNOT INSTALL UPDATES quot nbsp quot MISSING DRIVERS quot PRINTER UPDATE PURCHASED ASC/DRIVER BOOSTER/IOBIT-UPDATED & BOTH LAPTOP/DESKTOP NOT WORKING;ERROR CODES ALL OVER THE PLACE..DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! PLEASE HELP MEMORY STICKS OR THUMB DRIVES DON'T KNOW XACT NAME UNABLE TO UTILIZE quot QUIK COPY TRANSFER quot AGAIN-TERMINOLOGY WHATEVER DRIVERS NEEDED TO COPY amp SAVE INFO MS MEDIA PLAYER TO NAME A FEW amp NOW AS OF MINUTES AGO GETTING A WARNING DANGER- CMP HIGH RISK OF CRASHING--WHAT DO I DO W THAT nbsp I HAVE PAID FORR THE PROGRAMS PURCHASE WHATEVER SOFTWARE MS SAID I NEEDED PD OTHER PEOPLE TO FIX PROBLEMS AND NOW I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT THE REGISTRY SETTINGS S B I CAN'T RESET BAK TO FACTORY SETTINGS I HAVE NO DISKS THEN AS IF TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY MY LAPTOP HAS SUDDENLY DECIDED TO RUN AS SLOW AS MOLASSES WHEN IT WAS RUNNING FAIRLY NORMAL YESTERDAY SOOO NOW ITS TALKING ABOUT REGISTRY SETTINGS MISSING MEMORY CARD DRIVERS UNABLE TO INSTALL UPDATES PROBLEM W WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER NOW IM UNABLE TO EVEN PLAY ANY CD'S CAN ANYONE HELP ME I'M READY TO JUST CRY I AM OUT OF CASH amp OUT OF OPTIOS amp BASED ON THESE HUGH FLASHING WARNING SIGNS--I'M JUST ABOUT OUT OF TIME IF ANYONE IS LISTENING OR READING ANY OF THIS PLEASE KNOW HOW GRATEFUL I AM JUST THE POSSIBILITY THAT U EVEN TOOK THE TIME amp HAD THE PATIENCE TO READ THIS nbsp i DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE WILL BE ABLE TO HELP ME OR NOT BUT AS i STATED ABOVE THIS KINDA LIKE MY LAST SHOT amp IF NOTHING ELSE PERHAPS SOMEONE OU THERES KNOWS SOMEONE MS IOBIT REIMAGE-SCAN amp REPAIR DRIVER BOOSTER ASC--I HAVE PD MONEY TO ALL OF THESE PEOPLE BUT TO NO AVAIL amp NOW I CAN'T EVEN SEEM TO GET ANYONE TO ANSWER ANY OF MY EMAILS nbsp nbsp ANYWAY THERE U HAVE IT nbsp TALL ORDER I KNOW BUT IF THERE IS ANYTHING ALL ANYONE CAN DO TO HELP ME I WILL BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL THE LAPTOP CMP-PURCHASED W VISTA-PURCHASED UPGRADE TO WINDOWS SOME BUT NOT ALL OF THE SAME ERROR MSGS MOST SERIOUS nbsp quot MISSING MEMORY CARD DRIVER UPDATE quot UNABLE TO INSTALL WINDOWS DUE TO PROBLEMS UNABLE TO USE WEBCAM ON LAPTOP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7713ac41-954d-43b1-899a-5b464c022ea2/purchased-ascdriver-boosteriobitupdated-amp-both-laptopdesktop-not-workingerror-codes-all?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 44.29%

On my W500 keyboard there are two keys on either side of the up arrow in the lower right corner. Pressing them allows you to navigate forward and back in your browser or in explorer. However, these have to be the worst placed keys possible. Whenever I am typing a message on a website and I want to move around in my text to make some edits, I go to use my arrow keys but occasionally I will hit the back key, thus going back to my previous page and losing all that I was typing. It is extremely frustrating. Is there a way to disable these key? I have no need for them, they only cause me headaches. Cheers,Jordan

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:W500 - Disable page-back, page-forward keys

Yes,Start > Thinkvantage > Keyboard Customizer Utility > Key Sensitivity tab > uncheck Enable Browser Keys box utility found at (on mine) "C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe" RickW500 4058-CTO WinXP   

RickW500 4058-CTO WinXP

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W500-Disable-page-back-page-forward-keys/td-p/202882
Relevancy 44.29%

Several keys in my laptop keyboard don't work: delete, 7, n, b.What can I do to fix the problem?

A:Several keys on my HP laptop don't work

Try an external usb keyboard to rule out any problem with the motherboard keyboard controller. If the external works go into device manager and uninstall the keyboard as a device and reboot to let the driver reload and replace the old driver. These are admittedly not real likely to work but cost nothing so worth a try. If none of that works, then we need to discuss a keyboard replacement and for that we need your full model number, color and language of the keyboard. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Several-keys-on-my-HP-laptop-don-t-work/td-p/5698760
Relevancy 44.29%

Can anyone advise on how to get @ and signed to work on laptop. I have changed the language option in Control panel but get " instead of @ sign. I can get @ by holding shift and 2 but it is not satisfactory.

Relevancy 44.29%

Only the B and N keys are working on HP Laptop botto row All other keys work fine

Thanks
HP Pavilion HD*X16
HP HD* 16
Window 7 HP 64 Bit

Relevancy 44.29%

Morning all
I have somehow altered the setting on my laptop keyboard so that when I am typing, my laptop uses the numeric instead of the alpha. (the keyboard has shared alpha / numeric keys that so that the numerics are accessed when you hold down the Fumction key). However, the numerics have become the primary function instead. How do I change this back so that the alpha keys remain the primary function ? Thanks - Its driving me mad !

A:Laptop function keys

There should be a fn lock on your keyboard somewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-function-keys.147935/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

can anyone help?

I spilled coffee on my laptop and i cannot log in to windows as the "b" key is in my password and cant get it to work.

i tried cleaning with mets and nothing.

Is there a way i can bypass the log in password in safe mode? to reset the password.

or is there anyhting i can do.

thanks

A:keys on laptop not working- help

Replace the keyboard or use a external keyboard.i tried cleaning with mets and nothing.I'm not sure what that (mets) means. Did you pour more liquid into that laptop? Liquids and laptops are a bad idea. Anything that gets into the keyboard will usually end up on the motherboard of the laptop. What make model and country. Here in the USA You can often find a laptop keyboard for $20 US or less.For temporary use or permanent if portability is not needed a USB external keyboard should work.Good LuckRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477935/keys-on-laptop-not-working-help/
Relevancy 44.29%

i'm not sure i'm in the right category or not..
anyways...
i just upgrade my laptop window from vista to Win7 Pro.
and all of the Function keys.. like controlling brightness, wireless. didn't work. i have tried to find drivers at toshiba website but i couldn;t find it.
and here am i asking if anyone have a solution.
it is
Satellite L550-ST5701 from Toshiba.
and here is the website
Model Content Page

A:Hello everyone...Function Keys for Laptop

Have you tried to install the Vista drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/142449-hello-everyone-function-keys-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.29%

A friend has a laptop (no idea what sort) and phoned me to say the three keys all in a diagonal line 3 e and d did not work. I have loaned him a separate keyboard and that works, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas as to why three keys have stopped working. I will pass on any avice to him that you may have. I have suggested turning the laptop upsidedown to try to dislodge anytng that might be stuck.

Some friend had suggested that it might be a circuit board problem. Do you think that is likely?

Thanks

A:keys 3 E and D not working on laptop

Keyboard may have gotten wet, or the internal contacts dirty. He should replace the keyboard. I just did one for a HP, it was about $16.00 on E-bay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keys-3-e-and-d-not-working-on-laptop.959702/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I have problem in my keyboard , i was playing one day and i turned off the pc and i opened it the next day and i found that some letters doesn`t work and they are (6,7,y,u,h,j,n,m) so help me to solve it and my pc is hp Pavilion g6 so help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Some-keys-are-not-working-on-my-laptop/td-p/5642732
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a 2(maybe) year old dell inspiron 1000.
A few "Problems", maybe I'm just inept though
-Lately my "right click" isn't working anywhere except the start bar (from start all the way across screen) Could I have somehow disabled it on IE without knowing?
-my delete key will not work. luckily backspace does work. But what's up with my delete?
-curser randomly skips around. I've read about this before but restarting and such has never helped. Is it just something some computers do?

Relevancy 44.29%

My shift 9 and shift 0 are faulty.Shift plus other keys are fineCan you please help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Keys-of-the-laptop-are-faulty/td-p/5763677
Relevancy 44.29%

I purchased a toshiba A200 10Z laptop 5 days back.

I just noticed that the key '@' and the key ' " ' are misplaced.

Why is it like that?? Please can anyone tell if this is to be returned?? Or can this be rectified by myself (using some function key)?

Please someone help me..

A:Laptop keys are wrong

sorry dollydev but i believe the best is you create a new thread yourself and title it toshiba A200 problem or etc..

http://www.techspot.com/vb/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=35

maybe your keyboard language settings are wrong
open a new thread soon and more help will come !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-are-wrong.86163/
Relevancy 44.29%

I need some guidance with my registry keys, that are slowing down my computer/laptop. I need to know where I can get a free download to fix/remove the registry keys on my laptop. A download that is not a trial software that I have to purchase to get the full effect of it. Any help in this would greatly apprieciated.

A:Help with Registry Keys on my laptop

Registry Keys Slowing down your laptop? where did you hear that one?

Anyway... http://www.techsupportforum.com/cont...icles/159.html

Go through that article if your PC is feeling slow. Registry Cleaners are not advised because they can do a lot of damage.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-registry-keys-on-my-laptop-325852.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have problem with keyboard, its doing mistakes and some buttons doesn't even work.

First, after computer get wet by tea, my computer shut downed and doesn't start like a hour and a half. After that computer starts, I was top of the day until I saw that my keyboard is f***ed up.

Any tips please?

A:Laptop got wet, some keys don't work

Shut it down and dissassemble it as much as you are comfortable doing, then put it in front of a fan. A space heater on the lowest setting if you have one.

Unfortunately for you, you did about the worst thing possible after spilling a drink on it. You should not have tried to turn it back on. You should have left it off until you were reasonably sure everything was dried inside, and you should have tipped it upside down to get all the liquid possible out of it asap.

You might be able to take it mostly apart and wipe down everything with some high percentage isopropyl alcohol to clean it up some.

Alternative is to use a USB or bluetooth keyboard. But I wouldn't recommend running that system without making an attempt to clean up any residue left inside.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-got-wet-some-keys-dont-work.189181/
Relevancy 44.29%

I know this is pretty lame, but I dropped a DVD in its case on my IBM R51 Notebook computer's keyboard and dislodged two keys. Neither the key or the attach point on the keyboard seem broken or damaged, but I just can't seem to reattach them. What am I missing? Can someone who has done this probably a thousand times help with a little advice? Thanks. JohnR.

A:Reattaching Laptop Keys

JR,

I accidently popped off some keys the other day too. They just pressed on again. You have to make sure that they are centered over the retaining tabs...press straight down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reattaching-laptop-keys.313464/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a HP Pavilion g6 laptop and just today the B key popped up from it's place. I had to fiddle with it a bit to put it back into place, so I'm wondering is this normal on HP laptops? I had an Acer before and this never happened. I called HP and they told me to send it back in for repairs. I was not rough with the keys or anything, this laptop is brand new.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-g6-laptop-keys.1000603/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I noticed that gradually certain keys near each other are now not working on my Dell Inspiron 64OO, which is a couple of years old now....

the keys that arent working are the zero, minus symbol and equal sign on top line, letter p and bracket beside it, semicolon and apostrophe, slash with question mark. So they are related somehow I guess seeing that they are all in a line that runs downward.

I did pop off the letter p key and tried carefully cleaning it and it did work occasionally, but I gave up being patient and just copy and paste now, which is an absolute nuisance. please help if you can!

A:certain keys on laptop not working

lol, how old is the laptop? they're designed to last about 2 years then start dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-keys-on-laptop-not-working.908465/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an older Toshiba laptop- Satellite series- and two of the keys got knocked off. They are intact, so I was wondering if I can just super-glue them on, or is that incredibly dumb, stupid, don't I know that abcd......? How should I go about fixing these? I am NOT that handy with fixing things....thanks for any help!

A:How do I fix laptop keyboard keys?

Hi bj nick,

Perhaps this will help: Reinstalling a key on a Toshiba laptop.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-fix-laptop-keyboard-keys.1007890/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi not sure if this is the right place to post.I have a Toshiba satellite 650 laptop OS windows some of my keys are sticking any tips

A:laptop keys sticking

Please explain your problem in more detail

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455467/laptop-keys-sticking/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a three year old Fujitsu Lifebook "S" series laptop (Model No. LBS 5582). Suddenly some keys on the keyboard have stopped functioning. They are not responding to strokes; that is the corresponding characters are not being displayed on the screen.These keys include alphabet keys, number keys and function keys. I use "Win XP Pro" for software.

What could be the problem? How to rectify? I am in Calcutta and there is no service center for Fujitsu.

A:A few laptop keys not responding

asishbm said:

I have a three year old Fujitsu Lifebook "S" series laptop (Model No. LBS 5582). Suddenly some keys on the keyboard have stopped functioning. They are not responding to strokes; that is the corresponding characters are not being displayed on the screen.These keys include alphabet keys, number keys and function keys. I use "Win XP Pro" for software.

What could be the problem? How to rectify? I am in Calcutta and there is no service center for Fujitsu.Click to expand...

Hi asishbm,

I had a similar problem with my Logitech wireless keyboard earlier this year. The solution that worked for me was to shoot compressed air over all of the nooks and crannys between the keys to get rid of the dust that has caused my problem. I use WinXP Pro SP2.

I did not use canned compressed air, but my portable air compressor with a trigger to press on connected to the nozzle which delivers the air - i.e. the connection is not the kind used to fill tyres for autos. You might check with a local gas station mechanic if they have such a connector to clean dust and see if they can help you - I have no idea whether they would or not, I'm just throwing out the idea for you to run with.

Good luck,

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-few-laptop-keys-not-responding.395444/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi sf,some of my laptop keys are not working.They are left alt,escape,f2,f3,f5 and f6.
All the keys are working fine through external usb keyboard.Can my problem is solved without replacing my internal keyboard??

A:Laptop keys are not working

Hi Sounds like the laptop keyboard will need to be changed. You could try reseating the connection to the motherboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369576-laptop-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 44.29%

nbsp Some keys in my HP Laptop have not been working I called the toll my in keys not working laptop Some free number fifty three No Some keys in my laptop not working five does not work times since am till now which is am With utmost difficult and much trying i did get through to a couple Some keys in my laptop not working of Technical staff One Mohit was the most helpful and he provided me with a complaint no five He said he would call Some keys in my laptop not working me back at am since I explained my difficulty in reaching anybody through toll free no It is now and he hasn't yet called One Sandeep promised to put me on to a senior and cut the call Next time I reached the tech dept and I recognized his voice but he cut the call I belong to the press and I have an urgent matter to email for print tomorrow I have explained this to them All I want is to have an engineer come and set the keyboard right and they do not want to do it It is such a small matter and I have spent an entire working day trying to contact them nbsp I tried to contact some corporat office In Chennai the receptionist rudely banged down the phone saying he could not help All other numbers given in HP site and net are wrong nbsp nbsp Can nbsp somebody help me how to get this small matter sorted out I am not able to reach tech support because everytime the call gets cut NObody is accessible It is urgent nbsp

A:Some keys in my laptop not working

We are just fellow end Users. We can't send out an engineer. You do not give us the model number of your laptop but I sense you are not interested in self-repair. If the project is urgent in the short run I suggest you use an external usb keyboard to get your work done while you wait for HP to respond. Sorry I have no more control over the situation. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Some-keys-in-my-laptop-not-working/td-p/5632212
Relevancy 44.29%

The Windows Vista section may not be the right place to post this but I don't think it is a hardware issue.

I am running Windows Vista Premium with service pack 1.

The keys 1, q, a and z will not work on the laptop keyboard. They work fine on a separate keyboard when I connect
via USB. They used to work fine - just suddenly stopped working one day.

Any ideas?

Cheers

SPF

A:Keys 1;q;a;z not working on my laptop

If it works with an attached keyboard, but not with the built in one - I'd have to suspect that there's a problem with the built in keyboard. I'd suggest replacing it, or taking it to a shop to have it replaced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198385/keys-1;q;a;z-not-working-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Compaq 1680 laptop, The letter O and number 9 keys will not display on my screen. I press it and nothing happens. All other keys are fine. I realize that the #9 key is right above the letter O key. Help, what can I do to fix this problem. Otherwise the laptop works fine.
Thanks

A:laptop keys don't display

This appears to be a fairly common problem with Compaqs. I have fixed several by removing the keyboard (the screws are marked underneath with a "K"). Be careful with the ribbon cables from the screen. Remove and reseat these ribbon cables, nad the keyboard. Slacken ALL the case screws underneath and re-tighten evenly, firmly, but no too tight. You should find the problem solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keys-dont-display.387104/
Relevancy 44.29%

Okay, so yesterday I was dropped off for my first day at Uni and I went into my room to set up my laptop. Somehow (truly a mystery) a single tear fell onto my keyboard, right in the gap below the space bar. Obviously, I thought nothing of it... for about a minute. Then suddenly my keyboard went absolutely crazy. The space bar stopped working and when I tried to type with any other key, weird stuff happened. For example, I would type "B" and instead it would come up as "###O'xnF."

As you can imagine, very weird. I left it for a little bit while I unpacked and when I came back to it, it seemed to have settled down, but some of the keys had stopped working all together. These include the space bar, the z, the s, the shift key, the left alt key etc. Basically, several on the left side of the space bar. I am having to use a USB keyboard but obviously I would rather not have to.

Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?

A:Laptop keys not working

"Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?"... Tears contain salt, salt is corrosive. Yes, take it to a repair place and tell them what you told us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-not-working.205454/
Relevancy 44.29%

My AJP laptop keyboard is dead. Recently INS said the controlling chip is gone and fixed it. It is gone again in about 6weeks. Is there a reason why this keeps breaking down?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keys-dead.732786/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Gateway M-6817 Notebook and the "P" and the "[" key won't work on the keyboard. The keys push fine just nothing happens when pushed. Are there like two keys to some sort of circuit that would make just those two stop working? Any help is appreciated.

A:2 keys on my laptop don't work

Sometimes just cleaning out a keyboard does a world of good. It might be just dust underneath the pads that are causing the issue. If that fails you may be looking at a new keyboard. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-keys-on-my-laptop-dont-work.786628/
Relevancy 44.29%

HI,
I am using HP G6 2105tx model with win 7 home basic 64 bit
I have some specific keys on my keyboard not working.. these keys are ( Right Shift, Left arrow, Up arrow, Numpad 0 and Numpad Enter ) i havent spilled any kind of liquid or do not have any physical damage or problem with may laptop... recently i also see toredo tunneling adapter in my laptop could not start showing code 10 error.. i dont know if these two are anyway linked
i also tried to edit the registry parameters of TCPIP6 to 0 but it didnt worked.. after restart it again changes to 142.. I also updated the keyboard driver.. still nothing
i am really having trouble with my PC, if anyone can please give me a solution i will be really thankful to him/her..

A:Some of my laptop keys are not working

hello raj, This is quite common in laptops well it was with mine.

I found out that the problem was cause by crumbs below the keys. but it is really easy to fix. It could also be caused by the key bracket.

place a flat head screwdriver or your finger nail, at the corner of the key, And apply a little upward pressure they key should pop offf.

Have a look for any crumbs ect, wobble the bracket to see if this helps.

To re-apply they key just place it on top of the bracket and push down until you hear a click.

Let me know if this helpde.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335711-some-my-laptop-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys

I have a problem with my laptop.
Sometimes the space bar, n and enter key stops working. When this happens, I can usually hit the button a few times and the key finally registers. It happens randomly and quite often. But sometimes I can type for hours without it happening.

I have not spilled any liquid on my laptop and I haven't dropped it. The problem started randomly a few months ago.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

The laptop is an Asus K55V. It is nearly 3 years old

- Fred

A:Laptop keys sometimes don't work

Hey Fred,
Not sure if this might work that well, but give it a try! If it doesn't..go to a technician...its probably the best idea.

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-sometimes-dont-work.205954/
Relevancy 44.29%

F7R63EA#ABU the bottom row keys not working z x c v m shift not working ,Hp.F7R63EA#ABU upgraded from 8.1 i think to windows 10 help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/laptop-keys-not-working/td-p/5649184
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently bought a Compaq Presario R3000Z notebook. When I'm playing a game, the keys have a tendancy to stick. The physical keys on the keyboard do not stick down, but if I'm strafing in the game, I will continue to do so even though I am not pressing any keys.

On a side note, I bought a ps/2 to USB adaptor, and plugged my PS/2 keyboard into the notebook and the same thing happened. The same keyboard works perfect when plugged into the PS/2 port on my other desktop computer.

I did a search on the internet and only found one person with the same problem, but there was no help offered.

Does anyone else have this problem with the keys sticking? Is there a cause other than dirt/dust?

Thanks,
Totoro

A:keys stick on laptop

Have you taken a look in the BIOS of the notebook?

There could be a setting which allows you to set how fast the key will repeat when pressed, and for how long a key will be registered as "pressed". If you have the latter setting, try reducing it to see if that solves the problem... (And check to see if there are any similar settings which might help)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keys-stick-on-laptop.15371/
Relevancy 44.29%

So I got a Lenovo Z - Laptop nbsp Some of it's keys are not working at all not even during the boot I not Laptop working the of are keys - Some Z50-70 got a dual-boot Laptop with both Ubuntu and Windows and it seems like some of they keys are not working on neither of the installed OSs Keys that are not working are z x c v m comma point enter return nbsp What I noticed about this Z50-70 Laptop - Some of the keys are not working keys is that they are possitioned at the bottom row of the whole letter keyboard except enter nbsp Z50-70 Laptop - Some of the keys are not working I tried taking out the battery turn the power off Restart with the battery or with the power supply Nothing worked Laptop's warranty expired as well nbsp Laptop is years old I had a similar problem with the key a while ago But the problem there was that the button was being pressed continuously I took it out cleaned it and still wasn't working Turned out to be working next day for one reason or another nbsp Nothing happened before after the last usage of the laptop Last night while writing some code was working ok But in the morning it started to act like this nbsp Any adivice is welcomed Thank you

A:Z50-70 Laptop - Some of the keys are not working

Try to re-install keyboard drivers as third party apps can interfere

Give some Kudos, if you find my post helpful. #Lenovo-NeverStandStill

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-70-Laptop-Some-of-the-keys-are-not-working/td-p/3353359
Relevancy 44.29%

The following keys are not working on my hp pavilion beats laptop: v, b, f,g, r, t, 4, and 5. If you notice they are in a diagonal pattern. I'm not sure what to do or why they stopped working, however, my computer did fall and after that these buttons stopped working. I'm not able to login to my computer because password requires one of these letters . Please help me!!!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Some-keys-on-laptop-not-working/td-p/5714977
Relevancy 44.29%

I have had an ongoing problem with my Acer Aspire laptop, whereby when I switch it on, 1 out of 4 times, my "o" and "i" keys do not work at all. After about 15-20 minutes they always come on again and work fine. I thought it may have been a spyware issue, as the keys were cleaned and they never stop working whilst the laptop is on- it seems to be a 'set routine'. I have removed all spyware and still the problem persists. This started happening about a week after it was purchased and now still 1 year later.
Do you think this is likely to be a software or hardware problem?

Relevancy 44.29%

After install of RP 8, most of my fn key are not functioning properly or that when pressed they don't show on the screen as it did with 7.

A:fn keys not working on laptop

That is quite weird if assuming you already installed its native application. I found most of my laptops (ASUS, Fujitsu, and Toshiba) have their fn keys just work when the appropriate chipset driver were installed, even before its native fn application is installed, of course lacking the fn animations. Two of them are running Win 8.

Have you tried reinstalling drivers? Who knows it resolves the matter? Just my poor guess.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10008-fn-keys-not-working-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an Carbon X1 4 generation thinkpad.  I use Chrome as my default browser.  i have been using ThinkPads since 1994.  This new X1 is the first one since the internet started that does not have page back/page forward keys by the arrow keys that allows you to navigate in your browser.  Is there anyway to to convert what are now the page up/page down keys into page forward/page back keys for use with Chrome? Drew

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Page-back-page-forward-keys-missing/td-p/3434094
Relevancy 43.86%

As of the moment, I am typing with the help of an onscreen keyboard.  I couldn?t point out exactly what precipitated this problem since it was working fine a day before. The keys that stopped working are: 1 3 -   [second row]q, t, u, p, ] \    [third row]Caps lock, s, d, g, h, j   [fourth row]m, right shift    [fifth row]upper key [sixth row] I?ve tried every possible method to troubleshoot the problem (restarting it, removing the battery, updating drivers, re?installing drivers, resetting the laptop) but none of it work.I?d appreciate if you could help me out. Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Most-of-the-keys-on-my-Acer-E5-471-laptop-keyboard-stopped/td-p/440304/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.86%

My number keys on the right side have never worked since day one. The numerical keys at the top of the keyboard work fine.MyPC is a HP Pavilion, 64 bit notebook 15, model# L8V46AV#ABAI'm running windows 10 Randy KlingmanPhone: (570) 492-6672Email: [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-numeric-keys-on-my-HP-laptop-have-never-worked/td-p/5839715
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi. I have a compaq presario 1200us laptop, upgraded to winxp, working great except the FN keys to lighten/darken etc. arent working. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Compaq Laptop FN Keys not working

When you upgraded to XP, the drivers for the keyboard might not have been compatible with the newer version of your OS. I suggest downloading any newer versions of drivers from the manufacturer's website and seeing if that doesn't solve the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-fn-keys-not-working.521293/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey I have a Toshiba Satellite a100 laptop, and I wanna know how I can change the function Fn hotkeys. Like I want to assign functions to the letters on my keyboard, so for example Fn+Z opens Internet Explorer or w/e. My laptop came with Fn-esse, but that only works if you have Fn-esse opened, and you have to manually open it. Any other free programs?

Relevancy 43.86%

my dell laptop with w 10 operat system keeps repeatig for press f1 f2 keys. laptop is just repeatedly asks this message edited by premraja

A:laptop keeps repeatig press f1 f2 keys

Try discharging the motherboard components, it sometimes works when things get stuck:Turn off laptop, remove domestic power, remove main laptop battery. Before restoring to normal hold the Power Off/On button down for at least 20 seconds.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/laptop-keeps-repeatig-press-f1-f2-keys/675.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, for some reason some of the keyboard keys arent working, I didn't spill anything on them and they are not stuck. They are the spacebar, letters b n, forward slash, the three bottom arrow keys. My laptop is a dell inspiron 1525 and its a year old.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Some keys on laptop keyboard not working

What operating system does it have XP,Vista ,W7?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working.925136/