Windows Support Forum

Core i3-540 Expansion Options?

Q: Core i3-540 Expansion Options?

Hi,

This may seem like a stupid question, but I was thrown off by the spec of the core-i3 processor on this page relating to PCI support:

Intel? Core

I need to replace the motherboard that this chip is running in because there is an absence of a standard PCI slot, If I buy a motherboard with a PCI slot on it, will it be supported by the processor?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Core i3-540 Expansion Options?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Core i3-540 Expansion Options?

Er, what?

The link that you provide is to a mobile CPU, usually found in a laptop. (Some all-in-one desktops use mobile CPUs, but they're not the norm.)

Is the Packard Bell ixtreme M3720 the system you're asking about?

Could you be clearer about what it is that you wish to do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/145788-core-i3-540-expansion-options.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a LanParty UT mobo, great board, no problems. However, I have the pins for the USB block on the back of my PC and a second set of pins for the front set of USB ports. However, I have a 5 in 1 USB card reader that requires pins but no 3rd set of pins on the mobo to connect. Anyone have any suggestions on how to expand USB connections (meaning pins as I can't use a hub).

A:USB Mobo Expansion Options

If you have a free PCI slot on the motherboard, you can install a PCI USB card that comes with internal pins.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-mobo-expansion-options.94618/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem. I am trying to boos my laptops performance a bit and I saw that activating both core could do that.

I went to the BOOT advanced options and tried changing processors from 1 to 2 but only one was available.

I don't know what the problem is or where to begin looking. I could really use some help.

I'm using a dell inspiron 1525 with an Intel Pentium Dual Core processor.

Any ideas?

A:BOOT Advanced Options (Dual Core)

The setting does not work to do what you want. It is for troubleshooting only.

There are no tweaks needed for Win7 which is already as lean and optimized as an OS can be. It will always come back to bite you to start tweaking beyond normal system setttings. If you have any performance weakness it should instead be remedied by improving hardware.

A good place to start to understand how your hardware works with Win7 is the WEI score on Computer>Properties page. Then click the score link to access Advanced Tools, Generate a System Health Report, view the Reliability Monitor and other Performance logs and charts.

If you need to edit visual effects it will say so at the top of Tools page where issues cue. I edit only fading, sliding and dragging intact to conserve RAM on lower-resource machines.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/132996-boot-advanced-options-dual-core.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I - 6600U CORES Core TWO Upgrade options? i7 only is processor recently received nbsp a HP Probook G I 'wanted' the Probook for it one of the last laptops built with a 'real' onboard RS- serial port I also desired Core i7 6600U processor is only TWO CORES - Upgrade options? a quad nbsp core processor and would have never dreamed a modern high-end processor would only be dual core nbsp BUT I was surprised nbsp that the nbsp Core i U processor in my new laptop is only has TWO CORES and megs of cache Ughhh It was at that moment I remembered was ASSUME stands for nbsp So Core i7 6600U processor is only TWO CORES - Upgrade options? when I went out to HP's site to check and sure enough all the i i and i processors are all dual core The only exception was the i HQ that is a quad core processor megs of cache and has the intergrated Intel HD Graphics I have no nbsp idea how much better the nbsp Intel HD Graphics over the nbsp Intel HD Graphics that came with my unit nbsp Can a person upgrade power sipping dual core i to a stronger muscle flexing power gulping nbsp quad core megs of cache processor Is the CPU socketed Can my current motherboard accept a xxHQ processor My guess with the stronger nbsp CPU that using more power that a different heatsink fan would be required Would my power adapter work nbsp The simplest way would be buy a NEW laptop with the specs I want but it rather late for that This Probook G was not cheap and if I were to go to the boss for more for another laptop well it would not be pleasant nbsp Your comments suggestions opinions nbsp and flames are all welcome nbsp Bryan Smith

A:Core i7 6600U processor is only TWO CORES - Upgrade options?

See p. 24 of the Service Manual here.  Manual See the long list of motherboards each of which includes a processor? You asked whether the processor is socketed? No it is not and that is the end of the upgrade quest, unless you swapped out the motherboard. I am guessing just the motherboard with the i7-6820HQ is going to be well over $1000. How about nearly $1500? https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=ACF58104B267443785EDA1D549D7EFC2&SearchIn=P... Before you throw rocks at the "mere" dual core i7 in your laptop, consider that it performs nearly on par with a 4th gen high end quad core. http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-6600U-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4850HQ Modern high end processors, particularly in laptops, need to also consider power usage. Of course a Quad Core Skylake will be even more of a beast. The Intel 530 video is a minor improvement over the 520 for execution units, clock speed and gflops as shown below: HD Graphics 520GT224?1050403.2HD Graphics 530GT224?1150441.6  The Iris graphics is where it starts to be noticeably better.  If you figure a way to talk the boss into something new consider the Zbook G3 series. It can be equipped with up to a Xeon Quad-Core but even those are soldered on. It seems to be the trend. I think power management has gotten so tricky that it is hard to prevent power loss through any kind of a socketed processor and everything has to be as slim as possible for consumers, even the muscular workstation portables.  Post back with any more questions.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Core-i7-6600U-processor-is-only-TWO-CORES-Upgrade-options/td-p/5756863
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings I just started a new job and the laptop I was given is having some Smitfraud-C CoreService issues From reading previous posts I understand posting the following HJT log is the first requirement Please advise as to the remaining steps required to correct this nuisance Logfile of HijackThis core.sys, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ & core.cache.dsk, core v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core Program Files Panda Software AVTC PavSrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent Pagent exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Scheduler pavsched exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent pagentwd exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PSKMsSvc exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PsImSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC ClShield exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs USBTip USBTip exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC SRVLOAD EXE C Program Files Panda Software AVTC WebProxy exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator PavReport PavReport exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Jason LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - ADF - E E- ad - F - E CD - C WINDOWS system dcssuwll dll file missing O - BHO no name - C - - CFC- - BEAD - C WINDOWS system jkkli dll file missing O - BHO no name - A D- B- EF - D- E - C WINDOWS system ljjigfd dll file missing O - BHO no name - B EDCDFD-EDE - D - F -A DD - C WINDOWS system qlrspsmb dll file missing O - BHO no name - d -fbb - e -adb - df d c - C WINDOWS system fveeooa dll file missing O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet... Read more

A:core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-cache-dsk-core-sys-hkey_local_machine-wsystem-controlset001-services-core.592146/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Dual i3-4005U A4-5000 AMD Core" Core "Quad Intel vs Core guys I've been looking at laptops they are basically identical but one has an Intel Core i - U mobile processor and GB of RAM and the other one has an AMD A - mobile processor and GB RAM The guy at the store and a couple other people I know told me that the Core i is better than the A as the AMD quot Quad Core quot processors aren't very good AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core so even though the Intel i is only dual core it will be better than the quad core AMD The other question is the RAM Is GB that much better than GB or will GB be fine for basic use That's all this laptop is for Basic use and touch apps since it will be touchscreen The AMD laptop is this one Buy the HP Pavilion Notebook - AMD A GB at TigerDirect ca And the Intel here Buy the HP TouchSmart Notebook PC - F W UA ABL at TigerDirect ca Last question what the hell is DDR L All the new laptops have it nowadays Is it backward compatible with normal DDR laptop RAM Meaning can I take a normal laptop DDR GB stick out of my dads laptop and put it into the GB i laptop if thats the one i'm gonna get Or does the DDR quot L quot part cause issues Thanks Edit Sorry i'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread If it isn't mods could you please move it Thanks

A:AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core

Hmm, I guess you should read some reviews. But just from the specs the AMD has 6 GB ram instead of 4. Has a DVD burner where the Intel shows no optical drive. It only has W8 8.0 where the Intel has 8.1. But some people may prefer 8.0.

Read reviews. See how each performs. If you don't wish to use it to burn DVD then the optical drive, or lack thereof may not matter to you.

Edit: Oh, and the AMD is about $80 cheaper.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/43107-amd-a4-5000-quad-core-vs-intel-core-i3-4005u-dual-core.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to choose between different Dell Latitude D D laptops They come from a very good company who get stacks of laptops from Dell and sell them as refurbished as good as new at good prices http ndc co uk browse sub-Latitude D D - html Duo Core Solo, 2 and Duo Core Core Choosing between I will use it Choosing between Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo for MS Office Outlook internet and nothing much else The choice is between Core Solo GHz or GHz Core Duo GHz or Core Duo GHz or GHz The D has a brighter screen and allows Core Duo - apart from that I think D and D are identical I m hesitant about going for the cheapest but from what I can tell Core Solo will handle all these functions well I have seen that Core Duo can be faster than Core Duo but I wonder if I will notice it on what I run At the moment I have a Core Duo GHz D which runs fine except for some freezing sometimes when I open Outlook it resolves after - seconds nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-between-core-solo-core-duo-and-core-2-duo.890221/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to choose between different Dell Latitude D D laptops They come from a very good company who get stacks of laptops from Dell and sell them as refurbished as good as new at good prices http ndc co uk browse sub-Latitude D between Core 2 Core Solo, Choosing Duo and Duo Core D - html I will use it for MS Office Outlook internet and nothing much else The choice is between Core Solo GHz or GHz Core Duo GHz or Core Duo GHz or GHz The D has a brighter screen and allows Core Duo - apart from that I think D and D are identical I m hesitant about going for the cheapest but Choosing between Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo from what I can tell Core Solo will handle all these functions well I have seen that Core Duo can be faster than Core Duo but I wonder if I will notice it on what I run At the moment I have a Core Duo GHz D which runs fine except for some freezing sometimes when I open Outlook it resolves after - seconds nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, Currently I'm using a dual core 6850 and I'm thinking about buying a quad core. I have a PSU of 500 W as spare.

Can i replace the CPU to a Quad Core without changing the cooling system?

A:replace dual core CPU by quad core what about heatsink? in Mini Tower 755 Optiplex

heinflhs
These are the specs of the spare PSU. Aren't they better than the original Dell PSU?
That power supply is ATX and not EPS12V
Better is not the issue.  Dell power supplys are 80 percent efficient not 70 percent ATX.  The -5v rail is an issue as well as this may cause a motherboard fire or damage your system.  Its a dead giveaway that this is a power supply from 1990 to 2000.
What current is on which rails is not trivial. There is a single 12V RAIL on that unit and its max is 17A
EPS 12V units have multiple rails of 12V @ 18 amps each.  MAX Power on the 12V rails is 264w not 204w
That unit has a lot more on the 5V and 3.3V rails at the expense of the 12V rails and CPU 4 pin connector. So no that spare unit is not likely to work well if at all.

Recommended update or replacement is EVGA 750B1

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996406
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I'm buying a new computer with Vista home premium (32 bit), and I can't decide whether I should get a 2.4 quad core or a faster dual core (since it's cheaper).

I've searched about this but all the results I've got were from 2007, so I'm not sure if things changed much now.

So what do you think? will I benefit from the additional cores? or shall I go with faster dual cores?
appreciate your help

Relevancy 42.57%

so which would be better:

dual core celeron 1.73ghz with 1mb l2 cache or single core intel pentium 4 2.4ghz 512kb l2 cache

A:dual core celeron 1.73ghz versus single core pentium 4 2.4ghz

I don't think there are any Celeron Processors which are dual core and so the Pentium 4 will definitely be faster. If you give me model numbers I might be of more help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-celeron-1-73ghz-versus-single-core-pentium-4-2-4ghz.623465/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey all,
I have some proprietary software that works great on a single-core processor. When I try to run it on a dual-core or above, the software loads, works once, and then messes up.

The software uses modems to dial out to our payphones. We found a work-around by turning off one processor in the bios, but then, what's the point of having a dual-core processor.

Please help. The software is doing this on Windows XP.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-crashes-on-dual-core-works-fine-on-single-core.836441/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am buying a new rig tomorrow, just wanted to see what you thought about it.

I have a choice between a $269 used pentium dual core vs a brand new 299 AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Whats better and how faster is the AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620 vs my pentium III/600MHZ?

A:Pentium Dual core vs AMD Athlon Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Depends on what the specs are with the Intel dual core and what specs you're getting with the AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-vs-amd-athlon-single-core-processor-le-1620.126258/
Relevancy 42.57%

System specs Athlon x Windsor ghz single using stable Dual while crashes web, Athlon on core core but is randomly W tdp Gigabyte GA-Ma DS rev AMD SB His radeon MB had before x GB Dual core Athlon crashes randomly while using web, but is stable on single core Kingston DDR mhz CL xSeagate ST AS in RAID on SB Chieftec W power supply LG DVD rewriter Bunch of fans Windows XP pro bit x windows temporary I m having a strange problem from quite a long time PC just reboots randomly when I use internet applications like p p or browser It s that I can click quot favorities quot in firefox and puff reboot Leave pc for a night - reeboot at o clock I tried to find the cause updated drivers bios reinstalled windows several times - still getting the random crashes But if I use the numproc statement and run my PC as single core it stays perfectly stable for week But sadly the low power mode doesn t work then and CPU is getting hotter than in dual core mode also uses more energy However I don t think the low power mode isn t the cause - ran a prime for half a day on processor tuned down to ghz and V low power mode without a crash Ran memtest in dos mode for hours - no problems Also I have secondary XP pro without NIC drivers installed no web just for gaming and I can play for hours straight and never got any crash of this kind On the the primary OS open two windows start unpacking archive and try to browse web and I get a crash in minutes But sometimes nothing happens for a week or so Also I noticed following problems - disk read error not enough system resources to finish the task various p p programs say that - explorer windows disappearing closing usually when trying to use search on already loaded system - system locking down blank display cursor freezes when switching users but in most cases recoverable via external management log into console from another pc force logoff the user x display is back to normal - crashed on vista after minutes of usage None of above happens when using the single core but one of my applications won t start then for some reason Running out of ideas I tried to set all possible exes in windows folder to uniprocesor with imagecfg but got a nice bluescreens not surprised though Graphic card was replaced recently also I had this problem on previous hard drive though not so recently happening Temps in celsius are ambient CPU in iddle weird but true max system - voltages always in the ATX specs with vcore dropping to V in low power mode I know it s something dual core and internet related but can t figure what that could be Is it software bug Or maybe a hardware malfunction The only pieces I can think now to be faulty are processor but it passes all the tests or the motherboard itself Anything I can try before buying a half of new computer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-athlon-crashes-randomly-while-using-web-but-is-stable-on-single-core.917182/
Relevancy 42.57%

Already saw differents answer but never by the one guy that say.. "Yes, i already upgrade my dual core cpu to quad core in my elitebook 8470p"I saw documents with info from hp with "3610qm 3630qm 3720qm and 3740qm" support for 8470p and 8570p models in this forum.There in JUNE 2012, The product overview:http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c03373336Said only 3610qm and 3720qm are compatible with the 8470p.But recently document i saw from hp (and i think is the reference guide more actual, january 2013 ) to 8470p and 8470w models like this:http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03659338-3.pdfthere is not clear, even this document show that only 8470w support quadcore and for 8470p show only dual core models..so i need confirmation before buy quad core model, anybody can confirm if its possible??Thanks a lot

A:HP Elitebook 8470P Dual Core to Quad Core upgrade, it suppor...

Hi, HP Elitebook 8470P is a series of many models/products of laptops and can spread over few years. Very hard to answer because we don't know which year is for your machine. Lately HP gives G1, G2, G3 ..... for some series that give us more information. The document in front of me now dated June 2013 gives another side of the picture PROCESSOR3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3740QM (2.70 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*Up to 3.70 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3720QM (2.60 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3630QM (2.40 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*?Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3610QM (2.30 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*?Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3540M (3.0 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.70 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3520M (2.90 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3380M (2.90 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3360M (2.80 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.50 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3340M (2.70 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3320M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3230M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?Up to 3.20 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3210M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?Up to 3.10 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i3-3130M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?3rd Generation Intel® Core? i3-3120M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?3rd Generation Intel® Core? i3-3110M (2.40 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*? For  HP EliteBook 8470p Notebook PC (14")         HP EliteBook 8570p Notebook PC (15"). Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Elitebook-8470P-Dual-Core-to-Quad-Core-upgrade-it-support/td-p/5791049
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello friends,
I m very eager to know that whats the actual difference between a Core 2 Duo processor and a Pentium Dual Core processor, other than their proceesing architecture?

According to most benchmarking sites including Tom's Hardware, Core 2 Duo E4300 or 6300 performs better than Pentium Dual Core 820 in almost all benchmarks.....whereas C2D E4300 or E6300(1.8 and 1.86 Ghz respectievely) are having MUCH lower clock speeds than Pentium D 820(2.8Ghz). Why like this???

I have 2 systems, one with C2D E4300 1.86 Ghz and another(from which I am writing this thread) is Pentium D 820 2.8Ghz. But I dont see any MUCH performance difference in reality, although in multi-tasking and gaming C2D system still performs better.

Can anybody please explain me in details.....
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
TheHacker

A:Why Core 2 Duo outperforms Pentium Dual Core even when C2D has lower clock Speed??

The Core 2 Duo doesn't share the same architecture as the older NetBurst architecture of the Pentium D, which is also shared by the Pentium 4. The Pentium D is effectively a pair of Pentium 4 CPUs on one die. The Core 2 Duo architecture allows for a lot more processing to be done in one cycle, hence more information can be pushed in, say, 1 million cycles by the Core 2 Duo than the Pentium D. As for 'reality', there obviously won't be much difference when both systems are used for stuff like playing music etc. But the real differences will show up when you tax them, such as when playing an HD video without a video card supporting HD-decoding where the Core 2 Duo will be able to process information much more quicker than the Pentium D and so you will have a smoother image. Check on Wikipedia for more in-depth details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-core-2-duo-outperforms-pentium-dual-core-even-when-c2d-has-lower-clock-speed.96914/
Relevancy 42.14%

It is a Dell cheap laptop vostro 2520 fitted an i3 2.4 m ..I updated bios fitted another 2gb ram .
Should I do any other configering it takes a long time to fully boot up . That is to connect to internet . I think it was faster before
I did upgrade.

Relevancy 42.14%

I'm looking at new laptops and would like to know what ppl think of the AMD Phenom II Quad Core Mobile Processor N930 VS the Intel Core I3 350M Processor.

Thanks for the input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-phenom-ii-quad-core-mobile-pro-vs-intel-core-i3-350m.933557/
Relevancy 42.14%

Simply put- RED Blue Screens. I don't know what I need to call them. THEY ARE RED! And they just reference "An error reading the instruction set" There is no STOP Error. I upgraded the Processor from AMD Athlon x2 5000+ to an AMD Phenom x4 9650. I have not overclocked it. In fact, first thing I did after installing it was reset CMOS.

I've checked for minidumps relating to this issue but there are none. I am running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

I've tried doing research but my results are non-conclusive.

A:Strange Behaviour after Upgrading to AMD Quad-Core from Dual-Core

Hello Timmah,
Everything is running OK, you drop in the new CPU, then you start getting problems.
Have you double checked all the connections and power leads, plus all the data cables ?.
Is there a Bios update that will address the issue ?, it may be worth checking the MB manufacturers site.
Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/267097-strange-behaviour-after-upgrading-amd-quad-core-dual-core.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have just about decided to go with the e but want to make sure one last time it is the right way to go These two CPU s are the same price According to most conroe X2 duo e6300 AMD 64 VS 4200+ ATHLON 2 AM2 D/CORE Intel core people the e left the in the dust in all tests I do however still like AMD What do you guys think The e Intel e6300 core 2 duo conroe VS AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ AM2 D/CORE or the Even though both are low core speeds Intel e6300 core 2 duo conroe VS AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ AM2 D/CORE and ghz respectively they still out perform a ghz pentium Is this correct I dont understand why a CPU with low core speed can outperform one with very high speed I was always under the impression that core speed was the main determinant of quot performance quot If anyone could clear this up it would be hugely appreciated Also for the same money I can buy a Intel Pentium D- CPU - Ghz MHz FSB x MB L Cache LGA Which of these is the best All help would be hugely appreciated Regards Korrupt nbsp

A:Intel e6300 core 2 duo conroe VS AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ AM2 D/CORE

Out of those 3, the E6300 is the best. Conroe's new architecture is so efficient, that easily outperforms Netburst based CPU´s (P4, PD, Celeron D), and even manages to outperform AMD CPU's.

You can see by yourself HERE. All Conroe CPU's perform excellent. And you can overclock them very easily, and that way, your 1.8GHZ Conroe overclocked to 2000-2400 MHZ will completely trash the other CPU's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-e6300-core-2-duo-conroe-vs-amd-athlon-64-x2-4200-am2-d-core.56593/
Relevancy 42.14%

Is Core I5 750 2.66GHZ Quad Core CPU & MSI P55-CD53 P55 ATX DDR3 Motherboard a good choice?

Or should I get an Intel board and which Intel board?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-i5-750-2-66ghz-quad-core-cpu-msi-p55-cd53-p55-atx-ddr3-motherboard.878295/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
I have two laptops made by the same manufacturer and same year, but one is a dual core laptop with an SSD harddrive and the other is a quad core laptop with a regular hard drive. Both laptops run Windows 8.

I would like to transfer my programs and files from the dual core to the quad core. However, obviously the quad core has different hardware.

I am wondering if I simply remove the SSD from the dual core and put it into the quad core (replacing the quad's primary hard drive with the SSD) and simply boot up the quad core, would that be sufficient? Will the quad core recognize the hardware mismatch and automatically correct the drivers, while keeping my programs and files?

Or is there some other, efficient way to make the transfer? I really want to avoid having to reinstall all my programs.

Thank you

A:Transfer programs and files from Dual Core to Quad Core

There are a lot of third party tools designed to move a Windows installation to new hardware. I prefer using native Windows tool Sysprep for this, mainly because the method is the one and only Microsoft supports and recommends but also because it has never failed me.

The method is described in this tutorial on our sister site the Seven Forums and works also with Windows 8: Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer - Windows 7 Help Forums. Method One in tutorial would be ideal for you for moving the SSD to new computer.

Read the information and warnings in the beginning of the tutorial carefully, especially the warning about Windows needing to be reactivated is important. Come back if you have any questions.

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/53640-transfer-programs-files-dual-core-quad-core.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello friends, Which one of the processor is faster & better between Pentium P4 3.6 GHz 'Processor No. 660 Single core 2MB L2' and the other one is 'P4 3.4 GHz Processor No. 945 Dual Core 4MB L2 Cache'. So one is a 3.6 GHz single core and other one is 3.4 GHz dual core. Thanks in advance

-regards

A:Comparing Single core & dual core Pentium processors

Welcome to our forum...may I suggest before jumping on to a new forum and posting a question, especially on a heavily asked current topic, it would be a better idea and provide you faster response time if you first searched the topic....
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/484862-dual-core.html?highlight=dual+core+single+processors
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/...re.html?highlight=dual+core+single+processors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-single-core-dual-core-pentium-processors.495125/
Relevancy 42.14%

I was just interested in knowing if my intel celeron D 335 2.80GHz processor is dual core or single core because on intel's website, I see that they make a dual and single core version but I can't determine which one mine is?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Intel Celeron D 335: Dual core or Single core

It's a single core.

There are dual core Celerons, but yours isn't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-celeron-d-335-dual-core-or-single-core.887587/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am looking to build my own PC as I can't afford £1,000+ to get someone to make one for me, I will be using it for gaming and communication and a little college work, I will probably be using Bullguard to protect it and OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office with a Win 7 64bit OS.

Bearing this in mind what would be the best Processor for the Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor and what would be the maximum Memory and Storage I could attach to it? ( I preferably want 8GB of Memory and 1tb of storage ) but I can be flexible.

A:What would be the best motherboard for a Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor?

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-motherboard-for-a-intel-core-i5-3-4-ghz-quad-core-bx80637i53570k-processor.195497/
Relevancy 42.14%

I want to know if it's still safe to run my cpu under these tempreatures.

Currently my 2 cores tempreature are bettwen 55c-65c at 5% load. Room temp is about 36c.

Am I over the maximum core temp, will the cpu be damaged if i keep running my system and is this normal?

Relevancy 42.14%

I did a check today on my computer because its been running slower than I thought it would when I bought it. When I ran the test it said I have 1 core working, and that the processor is at 2.36 GHz, not the 2.66 it should be at. I don't know why only 1 of the cores is working, so I was hoping one of u tech guys out there might know... Can anyone help?

A:Solved: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 with only 1 working core

Sure!

Can you give specifics on your computer such as make and model # and your OS?
(if custom built; motherboard model and model#, operating system, memory amount, BIOS settings if applicable..etc)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-core-2-quad-q8400-with-only-1-working-core.947536/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a xigmatek rifle cpu cooler on a quad core q processor a temps air core quad q9550 on core cooling? are for what normal and I am wondering what should my core temps be Coretemp is showing at idle - core - C core - C core - C core - C Why is core so much higher Is it possible the thermal compound above the core is what are normal core temps for a quad core q9550 on air cooling? not as spread out as it is on the other cores I used arctic silver and followed the instructions to put the compound on as a single line across what are normal core temps for a quad core q9550 on air cooling? the cores of the cpu Also I have speedfan and for some reason it reports different core temperatures core - C core - C core - C core - C Also what is the quot internal temp quot and quot remote temp quot that speedfan reports It also seems to have confused the CPU with quot System quot as CPU is showing C and System C Lastly my video card ATI HD seems to run so hot temps at IDLE are GPU temp - C GPU Load Fan Sped RPM GPU Temp DISPIO GPU TEMP MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C VDDC Current Amps VDDC slave temp C VDDC slave temp C VDDC slave temp C VDDC V nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I have running TDA-ThinkorSwim Investing software which experiences periodic performance issues, which reeves the fan or Hard disk then locks up all performance until the TOS performance issue is acknowledged.  TOS uses an internal 7.0 Java.  typical
CPU usage is 30-45% but I have seen CPU surging usage as high as 119% with frequency at 132%.  Processing seems to halt, graphics halt or are severely retarded at best.  Using Speedfan software Seeing CPU temps. peak at 85C or 185F. 

On this higher end and equipped 64 Bit HP Envy Laptop, with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) Machine containing an Intel HD Graphics 4600 card.   

any suggestions on how to choke off these problems? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bedaad97-135b-4a63-8cd3-c7fd1d1c2c86/cpu-100-usage-at-132-freq-is-halting-intelr-coretm-i74700mq-cpu-240ghz-2401-mhz-4?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Pentium D dual Core 820 2,8 GHz on my Dell E510. 1 GB RAM and Radeon XT 1600 Video card. It constantly freezes during game play(Planetside) Four sessions with Tech support have me nowhere. Can I replace processor with a fast single core on the same motherboard?

Relevancy 41.71%

Since I couldn't get specs on the AMD Turion in terms of cache, etc. (the Intel one in the title is 2M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) I couldn't figure out which is the better processor.

Does anyone know? Is there also a website I can reference that can compare them?

A:AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-75 VS Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

both Intel and AMD have processor specifiction sheets on their websites, give them a try

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/72462-amd-turion-x2-dual-core-rm-75-vs-intel-core-2-duo-t6600.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

about 2 years ago I have upgraded my computer with a new motherboard, rams and a processor and since we moved in between I cannot find the boxes or bills from that time.

The problem:
I am 90 percent sure, that at the time I wanted a quad core processor and my computer properties say that I have Intel Core i5-3450.
I googled around and all retailers as well as Intel list this processor as quad, but I whenever I use aplications where cores are displayed (i.e. playclaw or some kind of benchmarking), it only ever shows core 0 and core 1.
When I go to task manager > processes > and go to select affinity on a random process, once again only 2 cores are aviable to choose from.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Because if I am not mistaken I have had my computer on a leash for 2 years...

A:Quad core processor acting as dual-core?

in windows 7 press the start key > type msconfig > click the boot tab > advanced options
in the top left there is a box that says number of processors. if it is checked you can uncheck it, or change the drop down box below it to 4.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quad-core-processor-acting-as-dual-core.1133436/
Relevancy 41.71%

Title says it all. Before I installed Hyper-V, Windows shows all 8 threads. . . After, only 1, and VMs were definately sluggish. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? This Windows 8 pre-release would otherwise be perfect for me as it's the only way I can have Hyper-V AND my internal mobile broadband card fully functional at the same time...

Thanks in advance.

A:Core i7 w/7989 M3 x64 only shows as 1 core after Hyper-V installed???

Welcome aboard, Joey

Actually I have never used hyper V ..... I use VMWare for my visualization needs . There is a settings menu by which I am able to fit the number of processors and number of cores per processor for the guest os . I guess hyper V also have such a setting .

Moreover, in VMWare, you are to install VMWare Tools to make the vm run flawlessly, and it makes mouse integration and network etc drivers workable in the guest . Is there such an option in Hyper V ? If so , do it .

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/2054-core-i7-w-7989-m3-x64-only-shows-1-core-after-hyper-v-installed.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Is it possible to change the dual core processor I have for an i5 processor, is this type of motherboard capable of taking it? I have some screen captures from CPUID of my system specs, hopefully that will be enough info. If it can't take the i5 could it take any other quad-core processor?

I have a Compaq Pressario desktop PC, Windows 7 64 bit, 4GB DDR3 RAM.

Thanks

Thanks.

A:Is it possible to upgrade my dual-core to i5, or other quad-core processors?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-upgrade-my-dual-core-to-i5-or-other-quad-core-processors.1004497/
Relevancy 41.71%

Okay, here is the scenario.
There are 2 laptops.
One has a 3.0GHz single core.
The other has a 1.5GHz dual core.
The thing I'm asking is: When you buy a laptop that says it's 2.66 GHz triple core, does that mean there are 3 processors each clocked at 2.66 GHz? Or does it mean that there are 3 processors and in total they add up to 2.66 GHz?
Also, is it better to have a 3.0 GHz single core or a 1.5 GHz dual core if you want to run games?
Thanks

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi

Just wondering what if any problems i will get installing the AMD DC optimizer into my AMD 4000 single core pc .. i hope to get a dual core CPU early next year , i found the optimizer program in the single core part of AMDs diver down loads as well as the dual core page so i thought maybe it might benefit my PC as well .( bet im wrong as always ) .

Thanks
Rich

A:AMD dual core optimizer installed on a single core AMD pc

Single core proc's don't need it so don't bother installing it. If you installed it then simply uninstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-dual-core-optimizer-installed-on-a-single-core-amd-pc.662069/
Relevancy 41.71%

I like to monitor temps at all times, I overclock slighty nothing major but ever since I recently installed a Q8400 intel 2.66ghz quad core over my previous dual core all the temp programs I download like my favorite real temp, shows the first 2 cores floating back and forth from high 60's-70's and core 3 and 4 or really its listed 0-1-2-3, so core 0 and 1 change like normal in the 60F's-70F's I have a cold basement and awesome cooling and core 2 and 3 are frozen at 100 and 99. I tried CPUID HWMonitor and the same result, 0 and 1 are fine and 2 is frozen at 100 and 3 is frozen at 99. What could be causing this??

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi
which model pentium 4 has socket LGA775 was implemented.
I mean which model brand hp or compaq or HCL or ibm ? year & model required.
I prefer to buy that model so that i can upgrade to latest processors.

Another question:
Will Pentium 4 with Socket LGA 775 supports any chipset model for upgradation to
1.Core 2 Duo
or
2.Dual core processors ?
If not pls give me the Chipset models support for the upgradation.

My plan is buy used pentium 4 LGA 775 & upgrade to new processor(only processor using same motherboard of the old one) which eliminates/reduces cost for upgradation.

Is this right plan or is there any complication in upgradation.

A:Pentium 4 lga775 upgrade to Dual core or Core 2 Duo

pathardware first please read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_775

The list of processors using LGA 775 are listed on that page. As for your question, YES some P4 motherboards might support Dual Core and Core 2 Duo.

My Current motherboard is an ASUS P5B-MX/WiFi AP and I'm running a P4 Prescott on it. The CPU support list on the ASUS website lists Dual Core, Core 2 Duo and Quad Core support (With BIOS upgrade). My P4 actually was part of a Compaq system purchased way back in 2005. After that the rest of the system (barring monitor and processor) has had major overhauls.

But, as for your plan, I would suggest you go about building an entry level new system by yourself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-4-lga775-upgrade-to-dual-core-or-core-2-duo.131804/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm trying to decide between two different Acer Aspire Notebooks.
One has:
2.20 GHz AMD V Series V120 single-core processor with 512 KB L2 cache and 1066 MHz front-side bus
250 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
3 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (1066 MHz; expandable to 8 GB)
ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics (with 256 MB of discrete video memory) It provides up to 1919 MB of total shared system memory

The other has:
AMD Athlon II X2 dual-core P320 processor
2.10GHz, 1066MHz Front Side Bus, 1MB L2 Cache
2GB DDR3 system memory
250GB SATA hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics with 256MB of dedicated system memory

Which would be better for simple computing, surfing, and streaming videos?

A:AMD v-series single core vs. AMD Athlon dual core

IMO the dual core, but it obviously takes more power, though you don't mention battery life or portability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-v-series-single-core-vs-amd-athlon-dual-core.152007/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello!

I would like to ask you guys if there is a wide difference between Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 and Core 2 T6400 laptop processors.

My dad recently brought me a new Dell Studio 15 laptop as my high school grad gift. Its equipped with T4200, but as I read in Dell's website T6400 comes as an option. He selected T4200, and now before I set my hands on the new laptop I would like to find out if those processors make much difference in performance and power consumption.

Thanks!

A:Pentium Dual Core T4200 vs.Core 2 T6400

Core 2 Duo is better in my opinion other people might argue they opposite or that they are the same.

I have a dell with Pentium Dual Core and another with Core 2 Duo, same amount of RAM, pretty much the same computer all around. The Core 2 seems to run faster and cooler.

But thats just me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pentium-dual-core-t4200-vs-core-2-t6400.815708/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am just wondering about the CPU I just ordered from E-Bay new and how it will perform with Windows 7 64 Bit compaired to the one I have now this is the one I ordered:
AMD Phenom X4 Quad CPU 9500 AM2+ 2.2 GHz 3600MHz 4MB
This is the one I have now:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 3800+ 2GHz
I just want to know is there going to be any faster gain with the newer quad core over the dual core thanks for any help you can give me.

A:Wondering about upgrading from dual core to quad core CPU with Win 7

Yes, the machine will be faster all around and you will notice the speed difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/153833-wondering-about-upgrading-dual-core-quad-core-cpu-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Today I took my Athlon and replaced it with a dual core this is a socket system Everything went smoothly system powered Single now Issues Dual and to Core Internet Core up and cpu temperature is at c My BIOS which the latest and last for my mobo is for dual core I logged on to the internet and at first no issues for about minutes but then I noticed I couldn t access sites It was like my internet connection just Single Core to Dual Core and now Internet Issues froze Figuring it was one of those occasional needs to reset the router modem I reset both by unplugging the power for sec Nothing changed even after reset I figured it was a dual core thing and so I installed the Windows hotfix for XP and dual cores I also installed the AMD Dual Core Optimizer When I rebooted I was able to log on to the internet but accessing Amazon com or even my mail is either really slow or froze When I tried to log on here loading time was agonizingly slow to the point I had to disable the firewall in order to log on I have changed nothing with my system other than the CPU I am at a loss Could the firewall be the issue by the fact my hardware has changed I doubt it but as I said I am at a loss Thanks in advance Edit Never mind I was over at the Overclockers forums and happened to look in on their Internet amp Networking forum and there at the top was the subject South Jersey Comcast It seems others were having internet issues with the Comcast Evil Empire as well nbsp

A:Single Core to Dual Core and now Internet Issues

Do you need a bios update? probably.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-core-to-dual-core-and-now-internet-issues.102590/
Relevancy 41.71%

Since I couldn't get specs on the AMD Turion in terms of cache, etc. (the Intel one in the title is 2M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) I couldn't figure out which is the better processor.

Does anyone know? Is there also a website I can reference that can compare them?

A:AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-75 VS Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

check this chart out: PassMark CPU Lookup

since i personally prefer amd, id go with amd.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273372-amd-turion-x2-dual-core-rm-75-vs-intel-core-2-duo-t6600.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Making the case for 6-core processors

PC Perspective - Intel Core i7-980X Gulftown Hexa-core Processor Review

The price will drop in short time, just like all of the rest of Intel's new processors!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275213-intel-core-i7-980x-gulftown-hexa-core.html
Relevancy 41.71%

So I have a game called Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix. Its a single core game, but at current it is running using both cores. I'm asuming making it run off one core will warrant a significant performance increase, but I am clueless as to what to do.

My CPU is a e6300

Any replies appreciated

Korrupt

A:Running a single core application on a dual core cpu?

No it is the same performance, plus it dosnt overstress one core

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-a-single-core-application-on-a-dual-core-cpu.63907/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I am about to buy a new CPU. What CPU would be better, Core 2 Duo E8400 or Core 2 Quad Q9400, considering I do the following things on the computer:

- A lot of Visual Basic and Photoshop
- Surfing
- Listening to music
- A little *gaming* (some old games like CS or something).

Thank`s in advance.

Relevancy 41.71%

just received new online purchase PC ordered with core2duo E5400 2.8Ghz and instead has pentiumdualcore E6500 2.93Ghz. Is this an improvement or perhaps E5400 not available and is one better than the other eg. speed and reliability? Thanx I'm a Newbie.

A:Pentium Dual Core E6500 vs Core 2 Duo E5400

Think you made out pretty well on this deal, in addition to the higher cpu clock you also have a faster front side bus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-e6500-vs-core-2-duo-e5400.160333/
Relevancy 41.28%

16th May 2016.Dear Dell Forum Members & Support,We have an existing and very reliable Dell Precision 490 with a Single Intel Xeon 5060 (Dual Core, 3.2GHz,1066MHz) system.The system is currently running Bios Version A08 (04/25/08)

Can it be upgraded to Two (2) Intel Xeon Quad Core Processors, and if so, can a list of the compatiable processors be supplied ?

e.g. Xeon X5460 (Quad-Core, 3.16 GHz, 1333MHz) etc.

Thank you for your time & patience.With kindest regards.GEM CNC Systems.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974583
Relevancy 40.85%

I have no idea how I got this but it didn't happen until I upgraded I get core.sys rid no see Zedo. or is core.cache.dsk can't Please log! of file. There to the latest version of Winamp Weird coincidence I tried a system restore and that did nothing I can't get rid of Zedo. There is no core.sys or core.cache.dsk file. Please see log! I followed the online directions on manually deleting it but there is no core sys or core cache dsk file to be found in my system Someone mentioned a disguised file looking like a real file but it had an extra P on the end I forgot the name but I searched everywhere and it wasn't to be found I included hidden folders I deleted all of my cookies restarted etc etc nothing I'm going crazy I downloaded HJT and this is my log Can someone please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Windows mrofinu exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files GetPack GetPack exe C Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exe C Program Files GetModule GetModule exe C Program Files Dell Dell WUSB WQ Tray exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - F F - C B- A F- B A-A E B A - C Windows system hgGWqrRl dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO e -acf - -f d - f - -f - d f- - fca e - C Windows system rnwetx dll O - BHO DrFlex IE Helper - EEB - D - f c- A -B FC A CA A - C Program Files QdrDrive QdrDrive dll O - BHO CDLPObj Object - BE ED -CA - B - CCE- FB E D AA - C Windows mpcodecplg dll O - BHO no name - F BD - - F -B A- EB A B - C Windows system efcAPGvu dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C Windows system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run lxdqmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Z Series lxdqmon exe quot O - HKLM Run PSQLLauncher quot C Program Files Protector Suite QL launcher exe quot startup O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MSServer rundll exe C Windows system hgGWqrRl dll O - HKLM Run runner C Windows mrofi... Read more

A:I can't get rid of Zedo. There is no core.sys or core.cache.dsk file. Please see log!

Second page already?

Bump

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/i-cant-get-rid-of-zedo-there-is-no-core-sys-or-core-cache-dsk-file-please-see-log-273783.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I just put a new computer together.I used an ecs 780gma ultra motherboard,550 w rocketfish psu,4 gb gskill pc2-6400.Two seagate barracuda 500gb hds.I havent done a lot of benchmarks yet but I was surprised to see dvd shrink taking twice as long as it did on my dual core to shrink the same dvd.When I look under task manager the cpu is always around 35%. To me,35% times 3 isnt as good as 100%x2,so obviously thats why its slower.Could it be my windows xp x64? I might try updating to windows 7 if I really have to.

A:triple core pc slower than my dual core

The 64bit version of xp has always had problems.

Next you do not post what cpus you are comparing so it is hard to really give you any ideas. If the new cpu has a lower clockspeed than the older dual core, then yes it will probably take longer.

Next did your old dual core use a quality mb; ie asus, gigabyte, etc? I see you used an ecs board for the new build. ECS is at or near the bottom for quality among mb makers.

I looked on the ecs site and I do not see any chipset drivers for xp 64bit. Did you install your chipset drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/triple-core-pc-slower-than-my-dual-core.874191/
Relevancy 40.85%

i have a Intel E5400 Overclocked to 3.23GHz and was going to upgrade to a Q9400 quad and was wondering as i mainly use my PC for high end gaming is quad core as important as it is used more for multitasking and i was told dual would be better for gaming is this true?

A:What is better for PC gaming Dual Core or Quad Core?

It's a little confusing. I'd say in general, quad-core processors are more powerful than dual core; however, that doesn't necessarily mean faster.

Certain programs are written to take advantage of multi-core processors, like many games and power-hungry programs such as Photoshop.

However, not all are. Windows does its best to distribute the load evenly, but it's not the same.

Furthermore, many quad core processors are clocked at a lower rate than dual core. Your dual-core processor is clocked at 3.23GHz; the quad is clocked at 2.66.

Bottom line: if the programs you will be running can make use of all the cores, you will very likely see a performance increase. If they are not designed that way, there is a good chance your performance will actually decrease.

In your case, I suspect the programs you will be running can make use of the 4 cores well; many games do. But use your judgment!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78032-what-better-pc-gaming-dual-core-quad-core.html
Relevancy 40.85%

This post is a extension on my previous thread. I would like to hear from everyone who is interested. Which is the best for gaming: Quad core or dualcore cpu's. This is now a open discussion. I am not trying to double-post; I posted this thread to focus more on the question at hand.

Posted via Mobile Device

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all,

Is it possible at all to set a program to run on one core of a dual core processor?

If so...how?

Reason for info request: My DVB-T dongle is very jittery afetr upgrading processor from Athlon 64 3500+ to Athlon 64 x2 6000+ - worked flawlessly on 3500.

Surely there must be a way to resolve this?

Relevancy 40.85%

let me ask this... if the cpu i have now is a single core 2.54ghz 775 socket in a machine that was made before dual core was out... can i just toss in a dual core 3.4ghz 775 or will that not work out with my motherboard?

A:dual core install on a single core??

What motherboard do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dual-core-install-on-a-single-core-218032.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I started buying the parts yesterday with the case and motherboard I picked up an Antec Nine Hundred case and an ASUS P KC motherboard This board will support either the core duo or core quad chip and has slots for ddr dimms and ddr So here s what I m thinking for the rest Antec TP - PSU W Western Digital GB HDD EVGA MB Video PCI-E Question Should I go with the Core Duo at GHz or the Core Quad at In either case I can get either GB DDR at MHz or GB DDR at MHz for roughly the same price With the DDR the memory would be maxed out - System Quad? Core or Build Core Duo 2 2 New because there New System Build - Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad? are only two DDR slots and I can t find GB DDR dimms that I can afford Edit I picked out a Zalman New System Build - Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad? cooler because I have one in my current PC and when I installed it it cut the idle temp on the CPU by degrees but the case has a side vent and room for a mm fan Should I get the cooler or stick with the stock HSF and install the side fan This case is loaded with fans already - two mm in front pushing through the drive bays mm exhaust fan at the top rear of the case and a mm on top I think the W PSU will handle that and more nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I'm having an issue with my CPU. It seems that it is only using one of its cores. This issue first became apparent to me when I was trying to run Blacklight Retribution. It popped up a warning message saying that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements of have at least a dual core. And indeed the game was unplayable, with single digit fps constantly.

However when i go to the performance tab of my task manager it shows 4 graphs, meaning that 4 cores must be running. Then I go the boot tab of my systems configuration, click on advanced options and underneath the "Number of Processors:" check box (which is unchecked), it shows 1 as the number of processors.

My processor is an Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz.

These seem to be conflicting and I'm not sure what to do. Please help me.

A:Quad core processor only running on one core.

This will answer it for you........
Processors - Limit Number Used by Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/238478-quad-core-processor-only-running-one-core.html
Relevancy 40.85%

First some keywords to help searchers core dual from core Upgrade to quad QX quad core task manager cpu-z cpu-id shows showing only two cores I recently upgraded an Intel E to a QX and had the problem of Windows only showing of the cores It took a few frustrating hours to find the solution but I got there in the end without the need for a Windows re-install I hope that this little post may help others to resolve the problem quicker than I st You must have Windows Professional Home Premium does not support more than cores Upgrade to Pro nd If Task manager and Upgrade from dual core to quad core CPU-Z are only showing cores you'll be feeling pretty confused right Go to Start-- gt Run type MSCONFIG Under the BOOT tab click 'Advanced Options' In the top left corner it says quot Number of Processors quot you'll have been here already and it says ' ' Uncheck this and do a reboot This solved my hours of confusion Now I have cores in Task Manager CPU-Z and all is well If all this fails then get yourself set up for an OS reinstall that should get you where you want to be I hope this helps folks a little as I had a hard time resolving this quickly I'm no expert but my sketchy understanding is that if you tell Windows you have no processors it re-evaluates this at boot and discovers that you've changed from a core to a core Well it worked for me and I hope it helps others out there Jove

A:Upgrade from dual core to quad core

Any Ver of windows 7 will run any Quad core CPU .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/123735-upgrade-dual-core-quad-core.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I just installed a q E stepping version to my custom built pc and it wont post it wont load anything nothing gets displayed from Post Quad Duo won't Core Core to 2 Upgrading on the screen at all and no beeps occur It turns on for about - secs than simply turns off and repeats endlessly I put the previous Upgrading from Core 2 Duo to Quad Core won't Post cpu back in Core Duo e and everything load perfectly fine I had to fit the Upgrading from Core 2 Duo to Quad Core won't Post old cpu back in because this is the only comp i have atm and i am posting this thread from the computer in question Upgrading from Core 2 Duo to Quad Core won't Post System Specs Gigabyte EP UD P revision with FB bios Old Cpu - e Core Duo New Cpu - q E stepping gb x gb OCZ Reaper HPC ram Mhz Sapphire HD Thermaltake Evo Blue W psu and the other usual stuff cd burner harddrive etc according to gigabytes website this bios version supports the q Everything is installed properly the cpu heatsink fan is fitted correctly thermal paste etc applied Fan is plugged in properly and spins while trying to boot Everything works as per normal but the computer wont Post or load anything at all with the q installed Like i said earlier i simply put the e back in and the computer loaded perfectly fine the motherboard booklet isn t very helpful it shows you how to physically quot install quot the cpu but doesnt tell you what you should do when upgrading from a dual core to a quad It shows you how to clear the CMOS but doesnt tell you quot when quot of quot if quot you need to Do i need to clear the CMOS to make it work Is there something else that could be wrong Could the q be DoA dead on arrival Please help nbsp

A:Upgrading from Core 2 Duo to Quad Core won't Post

You have tried clearing CMOS ? Install the CPU then clear.
If that doesn't work then you're probably right in assuming you have a DOA CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-core-2-duo-to-quad-core-wont-post.142641/
Relevancy 40.85%

Firstly, in task manager, there is only one core recognised (one cpu graph). I have no option to select "one graph, multiple cpus".

Secondly, in device manager, there is only 1 core with no option to select 2 or box for detect HAL.

Lastly BIOS doesn't detect more then 1.

I have processor box unchecked and have uninstalled my CPU from device manager in hopes a restard would re-detect it. I have also updated my mobo & vid card drivers from the site and updated my bios to the latest.

I just bought COD: Black Ops for $60 and it requires a dual core processor to play it, anything else I can try short of re-installing windows?

A:Dual Core Processor detected as 1 core

just checking that you realise dual core will only show as single cpu?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/133169-dual-core-processor-detected-1-core.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello yesterday i've made a system restore and some apps like Coretemp, CPU-Z and HWMonitor gives me as result Core #0 but in task manager on performance tab it display the four cores working. I read in some other threads about the advanced option in msconfig i've already checked\unchecked the number of processors but nothing happened. Please give me some hope before i need to reinstall windows again, there is so much to config and install CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!

A:Quad Core detected as single core

Try to uninstall then reinstall those programs and see what happens

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/355115-quad-core-detected-single-core.html
Relevancy 40.85%

been noticing this over the last several weeks.....core 3 is always lower in temps than than the rest of the quad......any idea why?

A:core 3 of quad core CPU always lower temp?????

More than likely a stuck sensor, Bushman. I have one that's been stuck from day one. It stays at 40 while the other three are all below, but goes up when the temp goes up.

Kinda the nature of some quads. Nothing can be done, that I know about, but there's nothing to fear from it. Won't hurt anything, but I sort of like things to be accurate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/102931-core-3-quad-core-cpu-always-lower-temp.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok, I'm building a CPU and I'm stuck between Intel's Core 2 Duo E8500 and their Core 2 Quad Q9300. I was going to go for the quad-core, but I heard things about how apps still aren't optimized for four cores. I will mainly be gaming, occasionally using photoshop and flash.

My problem is
a) I want games and apps to run good today
b) I want have a solid CPU that will give me excellent performance for the next 2-3 years.

What's the techguy.org consensus? I have to go with Intel as I already bought a mobo, and $270 is my absolute price maximum for a processor.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there, I was running Vuze and it became almost impossible to do other tasks so I checked the cpu using Everest and it said one core (no. 2) was running at 24% but the other core was running at 0%. There was no warning sign beside it so I presume nothing is wrong, I just don't get it. Is this normal behaviour? I had Firefox open at the same time so I thought the cores would share the workload?

Thanks for any advice

Relevancy 40.85%

First and foremost thanks go out to anyone and everyone who can help me with this.

I've recently installed 7, clean install, not an upgrade. I have an Amd Athlon X2 3800+ installed and I installed 7 as a 64bit OS as well. I had this problem before 7 and could never solve it. The core doesn't show up in task manager and I've tried installing drivers from AMD, which say they are the incorrect version for the windows 7 Operating system so i installed them in compatibility mode which didn't seem to solve anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the processor and frankly I just don't know what to do! In Pc Wizard 2009, It tells me the number of cores is 2, but then only one core is enabled.

If anyone has any help for me that would be fantastic. Thank you! If you need any additional information please let me know.

A:Dual Core Processor, only 1 core active

SHow us your processor from device manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/39740-dual-core-processor-only-1-core-active.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Howdy and thanks again I found these intruders on my young daughter s computer again and found they constitute a rootkit Have been prepping for your help so here goes Thanks hobbittx Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C HiJackThis Analyzer exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B core.sys and Virus Solved: core.cache.dsk EB-D DAF Solved: core.sys and core.cache.dsk Virus D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - Extra button Messenger - FB F Solved: core.sys and core.cache.dsk Virus -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for Solved: core.sys and core.cache.dsk Virus spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http by fd bay hotmail msn com resources MsnPUpld cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cab O - DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA Java Plug-in - O - Winlogon Notify SASWinLogon - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO dll O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe Latest HiJackthis log nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I am brand new to this site and need some advice I have never bought a dell I have an HP right now laptop computer but am about to My husband has a dell credit account so that is where I have to buy from I m looking at Dell laptops Both are Inspiron but one has AMD Quad Core A - M Processor and the other has th Generation Intel Core i Processor Please help I i3? Intel 4th Quad Vs. Core AMD A6 Generation Core don t do AMD Quad Core A6 Vs. 4th Generation Intel Core i3? any gaming if that helps just social apps surfing watch netflix check email and pay bills Here are the specs AMD Quad core- AMD A - Quad-Core APU with Radeon R Graphics GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Radeon R Graphics inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution x Dell Wireless-N Bluetooth WHr -Cell Battery removable Intel Core i th Generation Intel Core i - U M Cache GH GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Intel HD Graphics Dell Wireless-N Bluetooth WHr -Cell Battery Please give me any advice because he has to order this tonight Thank you so much nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I currently own a single core AMD Athlon 64 processor (3200+), and a friend told me that if i upgrade to dual-core, I'd be able to multi-task on the computer.

But on the other hand, the articles I've found on the internet so far say that most applications these days don't take advantage of the power of dual-core processors.
Would I really notice a significant difference in performance if I upgraded to an AMD dual core 4200+ processor? (the price difference is like $140 US)

Also, my mother board is socket 939, shall I change it too? or simply use a socket 939 compatible dual processor?
Your help is much appreciated

Relevancy 40.85%

I'm wondering if it is possible or pratical to upgrade the Core i5 processor processor in my Inspiron 17R 7720 to a Core i7? The processor in my computer is a Core i5 [email protected] 2.5GHz; I am seeing multiple Core i7 3630QM SR0UX processors on Ebay for $100 or so. I am not worried about the mechanics of changing the processor, I am confident in my ability to swap one out. I just want to make sure the new processor will fit and work with my existing motherboard. If I do this will the BIOS automatically detect the new processor or are there some software hoops to jump through as well?

A:Upgrade Core i5 to Core i7 in Inspiron 17R 7720?

While the CPU will work, you won't see $100 worth of performance boost from the CPU -- if the system is running  a conventional hard drive, the $100 spent on a solid state drive to replace it will be far more bang for the buck.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997242
Relevancy 40.85%

Whats the pro & cons of disabling duo core into single core? I have a Dell D630 with a T7300 and want to know the pros & cons and how do you assign certain apps to a processor? I want to maximize the processing power I have. Thankx

A:Benefit of disabling duo core into single core?

There is no benefit? Maybe less power needed? Other than that you would just be crippling it.

And they are automatically assigned to different cores if the program supports threading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/benefit-of-disabling-duo-core-into-single-core.111356/
Relevancy 40.85%

Because there are two cores on...for instance, my AMD Athlon X2, does that mean that since there are two cores, the normal FSB for one core which would be 2000mhz, would be x2 so i can put in 4 sticks of pc 6400 at 800mhz? or does the FSB not change when you add another core? Also is there somewhere i can learn more about how the cores work together? Im pretty new to the whole concept. Thanks!

A:Dual Core Front Side Bus x2?? or the same as 1 core?

You can only put in RAM that your motherboard supports, and only as much as it supports.

This should get you started in Front Side Bus architecture, and you can like off to other Wiki entries from there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_side_bus

Also, poking around on www.tomshardware.com will help you pick up a ton of good information, although most it is written assuming you know what all of that means. You should be able to infer lots of new info from their articles and reviews, though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-front-side-bus-x2-or-the-same-as-1-core.537147/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all! I am not computer illiterate. I have a question for you. I am switcing from an AMD dual core 2.4GHz to a Phenom 9750 Quad core. Changing out the heatsink and fan also. Can I just swap out the CPU's and restart Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Or do I have to do a complete reinstall of the same OS? I know that I changed MOBO's or something like that, I would have to reinstall. But I'm not sure about the processors. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance!

A:Upgrading from a dual core to a quad core!

I swapped out my friends Intel E6400 Conroe for a Q9550 last week and everything was fine and runs great.
I don't see why AMD wouldn't be the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/63271-upgrading-dual-core-quad-core.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I would like to upgrade my T7600 (Dual Quad-core Xeon E5-2603) to a dual eight-core. I'm eyeing a pair of Xeon E5-2648. Looking at the Intel comparison tool both seem to be similar in all features (except cores-threads of course). Is there anything else in the computer that could prevent the switch from working properly? Thanks a lot
Claudio

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993343
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone I m having an issue with Personalization options On the desktop when i right-click and select Personalize from the memu not options/Wallpaper Personalization options error shell Color Solved: showing. menu a window briefly pops up for fraction of a second and then Solved: Personalization memu not showing. Color options/Wallpaper options shell error disappears I simply can t get to the Personalization options Working around this i tried to access it through Control Panel gt Personalization and Appearance and selecting it from there In the menu I find that the Personalization icon has been replaced with a generic folder icon and it s renamed to Personalization CPL Provider I also cannot select Change desktop background or Customize colors as it pops up and error window with the following respectively Windows cannot find shell EE -A A- D - -BEB C ED ED - B A- b pageWallpaper br br and br br Windows cannot Solved: Personalization memu not showing. Color options/Wallpaper options shell error find br shell EE -A A- D - -BEB C ED ED - B A- pageColorization br br Is there any way to fix this at all I ve looked around but the only solutions are to quot upgrade quot my Windows installation to fix the missing files br I ve already run quot sfc scannow quot twice and there were still errors it couldn t fix br br I would appreciate any help at all thanks div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members uberwow class username author dir auto UberWoW a span a href threads solved-personalization-memu-not-showing-color-options-wallpaper-options-shell-error title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Aug at AM Aug span a span div div class publicControls a href threads solved-personalization-memu-not-showing-color-options-wallpaper-options-shell-error title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li li id post- class message data-author UberWoW div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a href members uberwow class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src data avatars m jpg width height alt UberWoW a div h class userText a href members uberwow class username dir auto itemprop name UberWoW a em class userBanner bannerSilver wrapped itemprop title span class before span strong Thread Starter strong span class after span em h div class extraUserInfo dl class pairsJustified dt Joined dt dd Jan dd dl dl class pairsJustified dt Messages dt dd a href search member user id class concealed rel nofollow a dd dl div span class arrow span span span div div div class messageInfo primaryContent div class messageContent article blockquote class messageText SelectQuoteContainer ugc baseHtml I fixed the problem br To those with the same issue br I did and in-place upgrade of Windows Vista using my OEM Dell Vista DVD that kept my settings and restored the corrupt files div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members uberwow class username author dir auto UberWoW a span a href threads solved-personalization-memu-not-showing-color-options-wallpaper-options-shell-error post- title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Aug at PM Aug span a span div div class publicControls a href threads solved-personalization-memu-not-showing-color-options-wallpaper-options-shell-error post- title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li ol input type hidden name xfToken value form div class pageNavLinkGroup div class linkGroup This thread has been Locked and is not... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-personalization-memu-not-showing-color-options-wallpaper-options-shell-error.736854/
Relevancy 39.56%

Can anyone advise please.I recently bought some corsair dominator 8500 ram while it was cheap so I thought I would benchmark before doing any overclocking so I downloaded and run sisoft sandra.It says my v-core is to high, max should be 1.113 and sure enough on checking in the bios mine is running at 1.208v,sisoft also says mb is running too hot but bios says ok.Do i need to update Bios on my P5K premium to support the E8400 not sure what version I am running to be honest but it reports the proccessor correctly and so does windows and sisoft.

A:core 2 E8400 v-core voltage

Solved guys.... Ive answered this myself,too early Bios on MB I need later Bios.Because mb said it suported later procesors I just took it for granted it was ok,especially as it reported the cpu correct.never take anything for granted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-2-e8400-v-core-voltage.740990/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all,
HELP!
My quad-core processor is only running 1 core. I have scrawled the web for fixed and such, but I'm having no luck . Here are some images from my device manager, and CPU-Z for proof, and the problem.

http://www.imgdash.com/uploads/20049_1core.JPG

http://www.imgdash.com/uploads/4c522_1core2.JPG
As you can see, my device manager doesn't even show any processors, and only shows my computer as a Standard PC. And on the CPU-Z, at the bottom, it only shows that i'm running 1 core! (Also the same on task manager)

All chipset drivers etc were installed.

I've tried a few things, optimizing my bios and such, but im abit of a novice when it comes to the bios.

Please help, and anything you would like to know, I will be glad to be of assistance!

Thanks for your time

Kade

Relevancy 39.56%

Hey I am confused by the terminologies Dual Core and Core 2 Duo, can someone please tell me something (not so technical) about the two CPUs? Some sales person in a PC shop told me that Core 2 Duo has chips? cores while a dual core has 2 chips? Is this informations right? Someone please reply as I am planning to upgrade from my ancient Pentium 4 machine to a new one and would like to get as much bang for my cash. Thanks.

A:Confused - Dual Core and Core 2 Duo

From what I can make out they are both the same. Intel set out to confuse everyone by the Core 2 Duo thing while AMD just called it dual core. I have 2 computers. One running Core2Duo and the other an AMD dual core. A diagnostics program refers to each as having 2 CPU's

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/confused-dual-core-and-core-2-duo.112450/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey I wouldnt say its a problem i'm having as such more of a query Ive noticed that when copying files from a 5% CD core first HDD, from 100% 2nd files to core, Copying CD to the HDD it is only using one of the cores in my dual core processor The other seems completely oblivious to Copying files from CD to HDD, 100% first core, 5% 2nd core the whole opperation and is sitting back with a cuppa Ive been looking around google for an hour or so typing in whatever phrase i think will give me some results and come up with essentially nothing I understand now that despite having dual core a lot of programmes do not use it to its full extent What i would really like to know is if there is any programme or method i can use to ensure both cores are being used simultaniously Looking at process explorer while copying it shows roughly interrupts system idle now i'm assuming it is saying as it is using all of one processor and none of the other Is there any piece of software that will allow me to copy using both or alternaively any way to spread the copying between the My aim is to speed the copying up as whilst copying my system runs so slow that i cannot do anything else anyway so may as well get it done as quick as possible I have the same problem when ripping audio CD's using mediamonkey at least speed wise i havn't checked the affinity yet though im pretty sure my drive is fine The dissapointment i had when i found you couldnt set the affinity of the interrupts through process explorer Also Is there any way to make sure that the processor usage is as evenly balanced as possible permanently I am using Windows Xp Pro SP Intel Pentium D ghz Dixonsxp RC MA-RS H Mainboard gb memory

A:Copying files from CD to HDD, 100% first core, 5% 2nd core

It is true, most applications do not really take full advantage of multiple cores. Writing applications that do this is very difficult, with the result that few do.

Windows scheduler considers many complex factors when choosing a processor for a thread. The process is dynamic and subject to change at any time. The goal is always to maximize performance, if CPU usage is balanced that is only incidental. Most of the time the scheduler works very well. As you would expect, Vista and Windows 7 are somewhat better.

With rare exceptions manually setting affinity or otherwise modifying scheduling is a bad idea and will usually impair performance. Balanced CPU usage looks nice but it isn't necessarily a good thing for performance. In many cases it would actually be bad.

File copy performance is almost entirely determined by drive performance. Using multiple CPU cores would accomplish nothing.

50% interrupt usage seems very high. Be certain that both the HD and CD are using DMA if available.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/copying-files-from-cd-to-hdd-100-first-core-5-2nd-core-503041.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Is there a noticable performance difference between a computer with 2 single core processors and one with a dual-core processor?

A:Dual-core vs. 2 Single Core

Can be noticeable, but you need to include the power supply, cooling fans and other issues into the mix. There are good full reviews on Toms Hardware and Anandtech that give you a good picture of how they compare.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-vs-2-single-core.102935/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, i have just purchased an HP Pavilion G7 Notebook Laptop PC that is fitted with an i3-Core 2330M 2.2Ghz Processor. I would like to replace this with an Intel Core i5-2540M Laptop CPU Processor 2.6GHz 3M Cache SR044 that i have spare. Can someone tell me if this is a possible Upgrade please. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have already upgrade the memory by 4Gb to give me 8Gb in total of DDR3 So-dimm Memory. I am also using a 240Gb SSD Hard drive. Many thanks, Kenny Shaw 

A:Upgrade from an i3-core to an i5-core Processor

@kenny57singer To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-from-an-i3-core-to-an-i5-core-Processor/td-p/5843121
Relevancy 39.56%

I wouldn't say I am an extreme multitasker, but for an extra $10 I can upgrade to a third core. I was gonna order a new PC from a website and from what I thought, each core was combined to make a total speed. So a dual core 2.8ghz would be two 1.4ghz cores, and a triple core 2.8ghz would be three 0.9ghz cores?

I am most likely confused, but that's why I can here. XD

A:Dual core or triple core?

A dual core 2.8ghz would be two 2.8ghz cores, and a triple core 2.8ghz would be three 2.8ghz cores. if you have the extra $10 go for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-or-triple-core.153559/
Relevancy 39.56%

is dual core with 1.6GHz faster than a single core of 3.2GHz

or are they equal

and is it possible from within windows to switch off the single core in dual core or more cores

A:dual core vs single core

Hello kf10,

CPU Frequency is often perceived as the (only) factor in cpu comparison, this is naive and wrong. Megahertz myth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We can't tell right away without seeing the detailed specifications of each, as there are more factors affecting the overall quality of a CPU, aside from the number of cores and the CPU Frequency. If both are Intel CPUs, you can have a detailed side-by-side comparison here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/225112-dual-core-vs-single-core.html
Relevancy 39.56%

i have an intel celeron D prossesor, and i dont know if the D stands for dual core like the pentium D. ive heard that it is dual core and that it isnt. so is it or not????

A:dual core or single core

jellofellow said:

i have an intel celeron D prossesor, and i dont know if the D stands for dual core like the pentium D. ive heard that it is dual core and that it isnt. so is it or not????Click to expand...

NO, celeron D = celeron Desktop, Pentium D = Pentium Dual, I have never seen a dual core celeron. I think the only reason that it has the D, is to stop cunfusion with their mobile Celeron M.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-or-single-core.489242/
Relevancy 39.56%

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm not overly familiar with low-end hardware (look at my specs ). What was the difference between Intel's Core 2 Duo and their Pentium Dual core? They seemed like identical CPUs to me. For that matter, I think they used the same socket too...

A:Core 2 Duo vs Pentium Dual Core

The Core 2 Duo for the most part is better. Which CPU's specifically were you thinking of?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/194619-core-2-duo-vs-pentium-dual-core.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Which is better for playing games?
A 2.4Ghz Quad Core Processor
or a 3Ghz Dual Core Processor?

I opted for the quad core on the assumption that more cores was better, but this doesn''t seem to be the case.

To what extent should I regret my decision?

Thanks all,
me10

A:Quad Core Vs. Dual Core

How long is a rope?

Seriously in order for anyone to give you an answer, you need to post the exact cpus you are referring to in the above post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quad-core-vs-dual-core.788274/
Relevancy 39.56%

with Intel having a price crash on the 22nd of july i am torn where to go to build a friends new rig!! they want a decent gaming rig in order to play crysis flat out but on a bit of a budget of £1200...

so would it be best for me to build using an intel quad core intel Q6600, which will cost the same as the top end dual core Intel Core 2 Duo E6850...(around £130-180 after the price crash)

then the question is ddr3 or stick with low latency ddr2

and which graphics card to go for thats around £200 mark...i was thinking the foxconn geforce 8800 gts...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-v-quad-core.595212/
Relevancy 39.56%

can i use that fan? they are the same socket.. LGA775.. tnx..

A:Can I use fan of my Dual Core for my Core 2 Duo processor?

It will probably be OK but if the replacement CPU is a higher wattage keep a carefull watch on the temperatures. Make sure you apply new thermal paste when fitting it. Use this free software to watch the temperatures, set it up so it displays the temps in the task bar.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-fan-of-my-dual-core-for-my-core-2-duo-processor.162682/
Relevancy 39.56%

My wife owns a Dell laptop with Intel core duo purchased from manufacturer She of core Only turned duo at core manufacturer on 1 took it into Staples for a free pc tuneup They said only of the cores were turned on They explained Only 1 core of core duo turned on at manufacturer that this is how they are shipped They turned the nd core on for free Why are they shipped with only of the cores turned on I have a Dell quad core desktop that I purchased from Best Buy I googled this subject and it said to clik on Task Manager and clik on Performance I noticed graphs of the processors and each has activity I paid Best Buy when I purchased the computer about years ago to optimize it Was this optimization actually turning on the other cores if in fact Dell shipped it to them with only turned on Is this done purposely as a profit maker for firms like Best Buy or Staples Lastly my RAM is at around - It came with bg RAM Would increasing this to GB increase the speed substantially It says there are slots holding GB each Could I take out one that probably is GB and then just purchase more at GB Does it have to be the same manufacturer or do I just have to be sure it is DDR PC - from a different manufacturer Thank you nbsp

A:Only 1 core of core duo turned on at manufacturer

Unless you are running 64bit software, you wont be able to use any more that 3GB on 32bit software
Have a look at control panel - classic view, system - that will tell you the software installed
Would increasing this to 8GB increase the speed substantially?Click to expand...

What applications are you running, and what are you using the PC for?

I have no answer on the other questions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-1-core-of-core-duo-turned-on-at-manufacturer.918537/
Relevancy 39.56%

Basically i'm not a computer expert I know the basic/intermediate knowledge of a computer and would like some tips. Im into my gaming, not very competitive gaming so none of the popular CoD games and such but games such as WoW, WarRock, RisingForceOnline and such others but I came across a dilemma. What would be better for gaming, a quad core processor, or a dual core processor. The processor's I speak of are the

AMD ATHLON II X4 635 AM3 Quad Core Processor 4 x 2.9Ghz

And the

AMD Athlon II X2 Dual Core 255 3.10GHz

I'm a bit unsure of how this all works out because the quad core has 4 x 2.9Ghz processors therfore a total of 11.6Ghz, and the Dual core would equal 6.2Ghz. Could some explain to me how all of this works and which would be better for my situation?

Thankyou

Mike

A:Quad core vs Dual core

First, the quad-core has 4 2.9GHz processors equal to 4 2.9GHz processors. They are not accumulative. Don't mistake this.

The average Windows program is written for one processor. That program will use one processor, regardless of how many you have in your system. Windows is not like Linux. The operating system doesn't control processor use, the individual programs do.

WoW has been optimized for use with multiple processors. But it hasn't been written from the ground up to support them.

In WoW's case, you will see better performance on the dual-core listed than the quad-core, provided you are not doing anything else on the computer at the time.

In short, multiple processors optimize using multiple programs (that actually use the processor in the first place). They don't optimize the speed of a single process. Don't add up processors for speed. It doesn't work that way.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quad-core-vs-dual-core.963028/
Relevancy 39.56%

Looks like both laptops are the same, except the AMD is a quad, as all AMDs seem to be. Is there really a speed difference since they are both 2.2GHZ? Or is AMD a better value than Intel?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1183460-REG/asus_r556la_rh51_wx_15_6_r556la_notebook.html

vs.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...c5245_a87410_6_1tb_windows_10_15_6_black.html

A:Core i5 or AMD A8-7410 Quad-Core?

Looks like the Intel Cpu is better than the Amd according to this :- http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2440&cmp[]=2537

A major difference between those 2 laptops is the "ToshibaC55DT-C5245 15.6" Multi-Touch Notebook (Black)" has a touch screen but the "ASUS15.6" R556LA Notebook" does not.

Also the Toshiba has a DVD writer built-in and the Asus does not.

EDIT : if you're thinking of buying a new laptop why limit the choice to those 2 ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-i5-or-amd-a8-7410-quad-core.1158951/
Relevancy 39.56%

What's the difference in performance between a Pentium 4 with HT versus a Pentium Extreme Edition Dual Core at the same speed?

I know the dual core is good for running two ressource heavy processes but how much cpu capacity do i really use on a day to day basis?