Windows Support Forum

Any suggestions on buying a new motherboard?

Q: Any suggestions on buying a new motherboard?

I am currently totally broke after buying a new Graphics card and a new PSU buying on new motherboard? suggestions Any a Now I Any suggestions on buying a new motherboard? need to change my motherboard because my current one has BIOS from HP which blocks all overclocking facilities I want to overclock my q to minimum of from its stock speeds but I have a new heatsink and fan for extra cooling Now the problem is that I need a very cheap motherboard which has a good chipset for overclocking and also which will support PCI-E I have looked up couple of motherboards but I can't decide which one to get I was planning on to getting ASRock P DE So any one has any suggestions for me Furthermore I was looking at one site and they are selling Asus P G T-M-LX Intel G S PCI-E x DDR OC SATA GB s mATX On Board VGA I duno if there is a mistake somewhere but they are displaying in the title that this motherboard has a PCI-E but I have checked intel's chipset specs and that suggests G cannot support

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Any suggestions on buying a new motherboard?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Any suggestions on buying a new motherboard?

If you don't mind a factory refub then you should consider this board from EVGA, it will overclock nicely.

EVGA123-YW-E175

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148291-any-suggestions-buying-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 60.63%

So i was looking up online for a new PC and this one interests me It has the following specs Intel Core I PC New For a Buying Suggestions k th Generation Turbo Boost Edition of Ghz Suggestions For Buying a New PC Logical Cores Per Core Ghz Mb Massive Cache The Highest processor as of Today for Gaming Rendering Handles Everything at Max Details Gigabyte fans Overclocked Edition GTX GB GDDR Suggestions For Buying a New PC with Ultra Boost Gpu Clock to MHz and with Composite Heat-Pipes WATT Corsair Highest Quality PLUS EXTREME CERTIFIED POWER SUPPLY WITH FAN Gigabyte Advanced Capabilities Motherboard P -D th Generation Ram Slots with Multi GPU Support Insist on Ultra Durable Edition with Pci ThermalTake Highest Quality Casing with Thermaltake Air Filters amp Blue Led Fans installed Excellent Ventilation Suggestions For Buying a New PC System with front Usb GB HYPERX Gaming Ram Modules MHz Seagate Barracuda rpm TB Hard disk With Fast Mb Cache Size SATA Built-in Wifi Windows Professional -Bit or Windows Ultimate -Bit Microsoft Office Professional Was Too lazy to write it down so copy-pasted it Well it costs for about dollars to be exact so is it worth the money If so i might get it

A:Suggestions For Buying a New PC

I
It looks great if you need all that ,then its worth it ,my ever so humble opinion

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58712-suggestions-buying-new-pc.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am going to buy/have built, a new computer for day trading stocks. I will be using two monitors and will need fast real time info. CompUSA said that I need at least an i-7 processor and additonal cooling fans in addition to rest of the things they are recommending. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need. Thanks for your input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-for-buying-building-a-new-cpu.923300/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys,

I'm going to by a new laptop.. hopefully tonight! Any suggestions? I dont need anything too fancy... just using it for teaching (i'm a teacher) and wireless internet connection. I get a nice discount with Dell since I'm a teacher, but everyone keeps telling me dell is terrible.

How are the HPs? Thanks for any help!

A:buying a new laptop.. suggestions?

Dell laptops are not that bad. They are perfect for students/teachers. I own an HP Pavilion laptop though and it's great, but I use it for gaming and schoolwork. For you, I suggest the Inspiron E1505. Customize the $685 one by changing the optical drive to a DVD Burner. That would make the final price $734. Here is the link. Good luck:grinthumb!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-laptop-suggestions.62310/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello. My current router, which I have used for many years, has recently died and I am in search for a better one. My current desktop adapter is an WDA 2320 http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=471
Can anyone recommend a router that is compatible with my adapter, and is amazing for it's price.
Thank you.

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi All I New Buying On System??? Suggestions m in the market for a new system I d like to spend about max I Suggestions On Buying New System??? ll be using it for surfing the net and dekstop applications maybe a game or two not a serious gamer like Half-Life I don t need a monitor right now Right now I have a system P old style power supply old style slots under megs SDRAM which I Suggestions On Buying New System??? ve upgraded several times I m not use if I d be able to use my existing modem US Robotics V or my present CD Writer I don t need a monitor or printer so the price should be for just the system I d like to get The latest AMD processor which model names are the latest k latest RAM A very good Motherboard about gig harddrive A decent sound amp video card A hardware modem - preferrabley US Robotics or Com DVD drive rpms I m not confident about building my own system so it would likely have to be a built system from a good company I ve looked at http www buy-atlas com and several others but I dont know the company and frankly I m confused about how to tell the processor speed of the AMD processors listed Also it eoesnt give details on the DVDs or CDW it includes It also has to be upgradable - not proprietary I ve looked at the Dells and am considering one One concern I have with oredering a Dell is wether it will come with a software modem - which I dont want If it comes with a software modem will I be able to switch it out with a hardware modem or will this invalidate my warranty Am I asking for too much in the way of customization to buy a rack system I d like to pick and choose the make and quality of the components to get as much bang for my buck and in the places I want Or should I go some place like PC Club and have them build me one with what I want I d also like advice on what operating system to get Which is better more relable Win Me XP Links to realted sites are also appreciated Thank you in advance for your expertise Larry nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I finally upgrade my outdated netgear router I've had for the last half decade and I went and bought the linksys wrt54g because I wanted something with wireless capability and I heard it was a decent router for the price. Well, I've had nothing but problems with it constantly cutting out my connection every 20 minutes and nobody can seem to find out why. Even my roommate who has a networking degree has no idea. But anyway I'm going to return it to the store I bought it from and get something else. I'd like some suggestions on some good quality routers with wireless capability. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

A:Buying new router, need suggestions

Did you upgrade the Linksys to the latest firmware?

What connection is being lost--WAN, LAN, WLAN?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-new-router-need-suggestions.619615/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am looking to suggestions need :D new laptop, Buying purchase a new laptop I was originally looking at models with an i - hq But the cheap ones - weren't really up to my standards Then I came into more money and I looked at some of the higher end models - Little bit better but most of them still come with a gtx m or m and now I figure if I can get a i - hq gtx GB model for Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D another - why the hell would I even look at an older model P My concern though is finding a model with halfway decent cooling I have sort of looked for reviews on certain models but the information out there atm is slim Here are a few I looked at so far GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB Memory GB SSD TB HDD Windows Home -Bit Gaming Laptop - Newegg com GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB Memory GB SSD TB HDD Windows Home -Bit Gaming Laptop - Newegg com ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB Memory TB HDD Windows Home -Bit Gaming Laptop - Newegg com ASUS ROG STRIX G-sync GL VM-DB Intel Core i - HQ NVIDIA GTX GB GB Memory TB HDD Windows Gaming Laptop VR Ready-Newegg com So far from what I have read those ASUS models have horrid cooling and if I could get a inch for the price of the inch i'd go with the big one P But I would love feedback on these and other models also Probably going to make the purchase on black friday see if I can save a few more dollars that way

A:Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D

lol your going to start a flaming troll war on what manufacture is best.

Buy the one that has the most bang for what you want to spend.

What do you want to use it for.

Do you want to run a couple of VM's and game at the same time - then buy one that has a lot of Cores and capable of using 100's of gigabytes Ram
Do you want to browse the web and open a thousand web pages from YouTube and play a game at the same time - then buy one that has a lot of cores and capable of using 100's of gigabytes Ram

Do you -----------BLAAA BLAAAA BLAAAA

Bottom line is buy what you can afford and don't believe what people tell you on the internet.

My personal theory is

believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear

---- Quote from a smart dude called Edgar Allen Poe (circa 1800's)

More advice

Lots of Cores

Lots of Ram

More than enough space for more than one hard drive (got to have at least 2 drives or go home)

As for the Video card your going to need one that runs at least with 4 gig ram and another that comes with at least 8 gig ( 8 gig just in case you get interested in bitcoin or cracking 1024 bit encryption in a thousand years)

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/68592-buying-new-laptop-need-suggestions-d.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey All I ve had my current computer for almost years now and I think it s time to buy a new one Unfortunately the technology has changed so much since that time I don t even know where to begin I bought my Any - Suggestions? New Buying Computer last machine from cyberpowerpc Buying New Computer - Any Suggestions? com which I was quite satisfied with I liked how I could customize everything In general I m looking for a machine for photo and music editing as well as some online gaming I m looking to spend around Here are some of the questions I had I ve always been an Intel guy but I don t know if I should go with dual or quad core I m used to just a pentium so anything will be a substantial improvement I d also like to get dual monitors running Is it better to have two mediocre video cards or one really good one with sockets Memory Buying New Computer - Any Suggestions? What s the difference between DDR and DDR RAM and is DDR really worth the extra money Power supply - I suppose most of this new hardware will need more power than what I have now but do I really need to get a W supply is something closer to W sufficient Any help in answering these questions would be really appreciated Also if you have any suggestions for where I could get this machine that would be helpful I liked cyberpower but I m not dead set on buying from them Thanks a lot Dale nbsp

A:Buying New Computer - Any Suggestions?

1 - Intel P4 were always not-so-good CPUs. Today's Intel Core CPUs are good. Go for the quad... its cheap and well within your budget. Note: build it yourself, save about $200~300.

2 - Not a big deal for dual monitors, wait about 1-2 weeks, a big price drop is happing.

3 - DDR3 is the latest and greatest and doesn't do much for todays CPUs - you'll pay 3-4x the amount for DDR3. stick with DDR2.

4 - Youre not a gamer, but want to play light gaming. So now, you don't need 600+ watts.

Here is some parets lists - in general:
$200 - Intel Quad Core 6600 (It's 166mhz slower than your original selection - but I've overclocked a Q6600 to 3.2Ghz without a problem)
$100 - Motherboard - Gigabyte P35 R board with RAID option
$100 - 4GB RAM - Corsair Dominator DDR2
$ 25 - Aero Cool Apline 7 cooler (allows OCing to 3.0~3.2Ghz)
$150 - Antec Sonota case with 500watt PSU - Elegant http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129036
$100 - 500GB HD (Western digital or Seagate or Maxtor)
$ 30 - DVD-Burner, Pioneer or Samsung.
$ 50 - Wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse
$100 - Vista HomPrimo edition Or XP (while you can get it)
=-======================
$855 - Total base system

I'd go with XP-MCE for more relibility... Windows7 will be out in 12months to replace Vista.

If you don't want to overclock, use the included Intel cooler - knock off $25.

Parts available online at www.newegg.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-new-computer-any-suggestions.723948/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello guys been a while how s everyone I m suggestions laptop? Any for new a buying starting a new course at university in about a month so I have been thinking about buying a Any suggestions for buying a new laptop? new laptop But there is just so much out there I ve always heard that asus is good so I ve had a look at a few and the M sn looks like a good model Is Asus good or would you recommend something else I m willing to spend about usd and keep in mind that I work for an electronics retailer so I can get everything at cost price I have had LG and thats been quite good Any suggestions for buying a new laptop? but fairly expensive Also have had Toshiba but the battery is shocking I need something thats got a good battery life as I will need to use it for taking notes for upto hours non-stop These are the features of the Asus Model ASUS M SN-AP G CPU Inter Core Duo T GHz RAM GB HDD GB Screen quot Optics DVD Burner OS Vista Ultimate Graphics MB Dedicated I assume Geforce M Series Additional Features Intel Santa Rosa Platform Centrino Express Card Carry Bag Mouse webcam and Remote Control Warranty Years Link HERE Other options are HP which I heard are ok but I have always used asus parts in my desktop computer and they have been great I m open to any suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Any suggestions for buying a new laptop?

Do not buy cheap. Do not buy anything that does not offer a 3 year warranty... even if you only get the one year warranty.
ASUS laptops are not the same quality as ASUS boards... they are basic high failure items.
Avoid eMachines, Acer, Compaq low end, HP low end, Toshiba and Gateway low end.
If you are looking for long life, get a Lenovo, high end Dell, or high end HP. The extra money will be worth it in the long run.
Most important factor: Cooling channels. Be sure they are a lot.
Fancy and thin laptops are not good choices for longevity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-suggestions-for-buying-a-new-laptop.121001/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey, I'm looking to buy a new laptop in the $500-600 range. I mostly use the laptop for media(music/movies) and middle range games Like Dota2/league of Legends/Heroes of Newerth. I'm not very educated on the how to pick out a good laptop as I'm used to only buying desktops. Can you make some suggestions for what I should buy. I would prefer to have a dedicated graphics card rather than an integrated as the majority of my time for this will be for gaming.

A:Buying new laptop (need help/suggestions)

I would suggest an i3 which would normally come with around 3 or 4 gig ram and should have a good enough card in for them sort of games @ your price range

Also depends if you want new or not bothered if 2nd hand as long as good try cex if 2nd hand

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-laptop-need-help-suggestions.187420/
Relevancy 59.77%

Looking for good deals, I have a good amount of money to work with but don't wanna go crazy. I would also appreciate if anyone could point me to a good, reliable review site for speakers. Thanks.

A:Buying new PC speakers, suggestions?

Hmm, what brands are you familair with, and what will you be doing mainly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-pc-speakers-suggestions.64295/
Relevancy 59.34%

I know this is a little off topic but this is the best place to ask this question because even though it is about stock I want to invest in some stock in this area I thought about AMD but I want to do some research first If you know of any companys like AMD or a new company such as Thermaltake OR a company that is getting into the whole quot case-modding in suggestions? stock, Interested buying quot basically the new areas in computers that are going mainstream I think now would be the best time to invest in some stock in these kinds of companies that are pushing the kinds of things we talk about here daily So if you know of any new companies that are out that may make it big or that you think their stock may go up within the next two years let me know I would very much appreciate it If you can even give me an Interested in buying stock, suggestions? idea of some companies to research Thanks guys nbsp

A:Interested in buying stock, suggestions?

Im going to buy some AMD soon. I think their stock is going up quite a bit when the Opteron starts getting out and when they release the Athlon 64. I think Cray going with AMD chips will be a big boost. When they released the original Athlon, AMDs stock went up 300%. And then the crash............

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/interested-in-buying-stock-suggestions.4050/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey i'm in need to buy a new video card for my computer, i really only need to improve the grapics of my games (cs, hl2, halo, fear...). It has an agp 4x/8x slot.. and i'm willing to spend anywhere between 150-250 bucks..

i've kind of narrowed it down to 2 different cards.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130202

..only bad part is it is 128mb

and also i'm thinking about an ati saphire x800 256mb, but there's so many out there i dont really know which one would be best..

so do you think i should get one of those two? or if you have any better cards thatd be great. thanks

A:Buying new video card.. suggestions??

can't tell your link is dead. The ATI Radeon 800 card will be good. 128 mb will be fine for most games. What games do you play or do you want to play?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-new-video-card-suggestions.416791/
Relevancy 59.34%

So I bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835110106, which is the Iceberq4.

Thought it would fit with my http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125039, Geforce 7600 GS.

The bolt-in's missed by a slim margin. Am I pretty much just going to have to send this back and buy something that will fit, or would anyone have a suggestion as to how to get this thing to work on the vid card

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-fan-for-my-vid-card-doesnt-fit-suggestions.724388/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi i am interested in buying a new desktop pc from Dell with these following specs:-

Dell XPS 8700 - €1350 inc VAT
Intel? Core™ i7-4790 Processor (3.6Ghz 8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)
16GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel
2TB SATA 3 Hard Drive (7200rpm)
256GB SSD Drive
16X DVD-RW Optical Drive
4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 745
Dell Wireless N1703 + Bluetooth 4.0
Dell Keyboard & Mouse
Windows 8.1 (64BIT)
Warranty 3 Years Parts & 1 Year Labour

What do you guys thing, is it really worth buying? i know the graphic card ain't much but the other specifications look quite good, Thanks.

A:Buying the Dell XPS 8700, Suggestions?

If or when you buy, make sure you order the Dell Recovery disk ('s).

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/54166-buying-dell-xps-8700-suggestions.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys, want a faily decent/high end gaming pc, willing to spend about £1000.

Mate suggested one for me.. What do you guys think? These are the specs.

- Intel® Core™ i7-2600
- ASUS® P8Z77-V LX
- 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz
- 1.25GB GEFORCE GTX 570
- 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s

Would that run most current games on the market at high settings? ( or medium for really graphic-hungry games )

Please send some suggestions my way. Also need some websites to have a look at for gaming pcs/parts. Thanks!

Relevancy 59.34%

I have read through a lot of the threads and it seems that people are really experiencing problems with Vista - not to mention it being sooooo slow. Not that long ago I read that Vista is not really a good choice for a laptop.

My husband and I were going to start looking to purchase a new laptop. We currently have a Dell Inspiron 2500 running Windows XP.

What specs should I be looking for in purchasing a new laptop? I don't use the laptop to run games. We basically use it for internet/mail/burning cds, etc.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys.

Im about to go out and buy a router. I live in Australia so its PPPoE or whatever. What is a good router with 4 to 8 ports and possilby a print server. I like D-Link for its easy setup. I had a bad experience with a netcomm nb1300 plus so im not bnuying it again.

Anything up to $150 AUS is fine..

Thanks,
Ph30nIX.

A:Buying a router in 2 days, some suggestions.

In Oz you should be able to get Billion routers from www.billion.com or www.billion.com.tw
I have their Billion Bipac 640AE broadband router 4-port 10/100Mbsp
They are cheap and cheerful and work great.
I use a separate 2-ports (parallel) printserver, Netgear PS110

Because I needed more ports on my router, I just bought an 8-port SMC Barricade SMC7008ABR, which includes 1 parallel printerport.
The SMC7008ABR also comes with connection insurance through a built-in serial port for dial-up access, so you won't be out on a limb if your broadband connection fails.
www.smc.com
Very recommendable. Mine was a factory-refurbished one for US $34.99 (normally about $85.-).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-router-in-2-days-some-suggestions.24688/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all I'm planning to buy 5.1 Sound System for my PC. I'll be using it for Gaming and listening to Music and my budget is about 90 to 100 bucks (of course converted in my currency) The speaker systems i liked are Logitech Z506, Logitech X530 and Creative T6160. Now i wanna know which one should i really go for?

A:Suggestions for buying 5.1 Surround Sound System!!!

Definitely Logitech!

This one Logitech Z506

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/216067-suggestions-buying-5-1-surround-sound-system.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am looking to buy a new motherboard, reason i want to do that is to get 8gb ram atm my motherboard only supports 4gb ram.

never bought a motherboard on its own before so not sure what is best and what ones i can have, i want a motherboard that can work with my ram/graphics card/hard drive etc so i dont have to buy everything again.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-M5A78L...F8&qid=1414669262&sr=8-1&keywords=motherboard

been looking at that one, fairly cheap and good reviews. if you know a better motherboard at a better price link me to that,

do i just buy that motherboard and connect my other hardware and its good to go? or do i have to do other stuff?

thanks.

A:buying a new Motherboard.

No way we can answer that since you haven't told what hardware you have. What processor, memory, graphics card, case, etc do you have now? What motherboard do you have now?

Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows to support more than 4GB of RAM?

You may need to reinstall Windows if you replace the motherboard.

Personally I wouldn't buy an motherboard based on an old 700 series chipset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-new-motherboard.1136391/
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay so basically I ve had a lot of trouble with my computer lately It all started when I tampered with the registry which was broke my PC so badly I had to have new a Buying motherboard it formatted and I had to start from scratch I asked he guys at the repair place to quot upgrade my PC so it is in line with modern standards quot - I wanted a modern working machine They installed a new GB hard disk as well as leaving my old GB one in there which I used for storage when formatting the main drive and they also put in an extra MB RAM giving me a total of GB RAM which I believe is pretty decent But besides that they removed nothing and changed nothing despite stressing that my sound card is crap and I have a meager processor AMD Athlon GHZ I installed Windows XP Professional Edition Buying a new motherboard and Service Pack but after one or two sessions of my PC running smoothly and as fast Buying a new motherboard as hell it soon broke down again starting up slowly crashing my desktop and my explorer menus as well as me losing one of the stereo tracks meaning that when I m listening to music I only hear half the audio not to mention the audio crackling badly and often freezing and refusing to playback for several seconds in extreme cases Additionally not all of my USBs work meaning I ve had to plug some really impractical stuff into the front ports and I have two CD drives one of which does not work at all and I also believe they re supposed to play DVDs but they don t I ve not actually bought a new computer for like six years but that s because I can t afford one However I do not believe that I need one since it has some good parts in it I believe what would solve my woes is a new motherboard and a new sound card but I would like some help with a few questions Before I ask my questions here are my PC s current specs AMD Athlon GHz GB RAM HDD C GB HDD D GB ATI Buying a new motherboard Radeon graphics card On-board sound card And now my questions How good is my current machine judging by the above specs What would you recommend I add remove from my machine Currently the oldest parts of the PC are the motherboard the CD drives one of which doesn t work and the GB hard drive Is there any chance that the old hard drive could carry some afflictions which are being transferred to my new one or could my motherboard by the source of the problem What would you recommend I buy in terms of a motherboard I cannot stress how important it is that I get this PC fixed- I need it for a lot of stuff Any help is very much appreciated nbsp

A:Buying a new motherboard

From the sound of it, you may need to upgrade more than just your motherboard. You could just get another one but it would have to be second hand as you wont be able to buy a brand new motherboard that would work with your 1Ghz Processor.
The cheapest upgrade I can think of that would give you a decent upgrade for the money would be the following: (You didnt say if you were UK or US based, sorry)
1 x Socket 939 motherboard with an AGP socket (you should be able to get one off ebay but make sure it has IDE hard drive connections and not SATA) it should come with an integrated sound card anyway, so you wont need to buy a separate sound card. (Approx $20-30)
1 x AMD Athlon 3200+ Socket 939 (approx $30)
(Optional but maybe necessary - New DVD RW Drive, approx $30)

You will be able to use your New Hard drive and RAM with the above items and although it should give you some better performance without breaking the bank account. $50-60 for motherboard and processor together, or $80 if you get a DVD RW drive too.
It's possible that the old hard drive is causing problems and because its so small, id be tempted just to remove it.
You can also upgrade your graphics card as it is ageing, but if you are on a budget, you dont have to do that - its probably not causing any problems for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-new-motherboard.633213/
Relevancy 54.18%

dear sir,i want to asked you about replacement of motherboard laptop N5110 and want to buy it from ebay i want to know weather this motherboard can fix to my laptop or not the info about motherboard is like this:
NEW-0MWXPK-for-dell-inspiron-N5110-laptop-motherboard-HM67-nvidia-gt525m-ddr3
my laptop info is:service tag (s/n)<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>
express service code is:<ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>
thanks a lot for your info

A:buying motherboard

Yes, the board will work.  Given that replacing the hard drive on this model requires a system board removal, if the drive you have is original to the system, consider replacing it along with the mainboard - you'll be doing all the labor anyway, so you may as well take care of the potential for a hard drive failure at the same time.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988151
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everybody.

I am planning on getting a new CPU and motherboard this Christmas. However, I'm a little low on budget. Could you guys please recommend a CPU + Motherboard combination at under $200 ($150 if possible)?

My current specs are:

Motherboard : Asus P5B-MX / WiFi-AP
RAM : 2 GB (Transcend)
Graphics Card : XFX 9800 GT
Processor : Intel P4 2.93 GHz

Would it be a good idea to go for the AMD X2 6000+?

A:Buying New CPU And Motherboard help

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103272 At that price, wow, why not. It certainly would give your old P4 quite a thumping!

Is your copy of XP Pro a retail copy? If not and it's an OEM copy, you might run into trouble trying to migrate it to a completely different machine. Since, cost is an issue, this might make the Q6600 in the old board the best choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-cpu-and-motherboard-help.118171/
Relevancy 54.18%

My PC motherboard died about a week ago and since you guys helped me figure it out, I thought that you might also be able help me choose a new motherboard. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Relevancy 54.18%

first of all please excuse me if this is in the wrong forum and if what l say loose you as l am new to all this. l want to build a computer that has more balls than a wild pack of dogs. l have been told that if l buy a supermicro X7DBE+ Motherboard With Extended ATX which runs dual processors, front side bus speeds of 1.333Ghz, Front side bus uses a 64 bit wide 1333 Mhz data bus that transfer data at 10.7 Gb/sec for a total bandwith of 21.3 Gb/sec. Total memory bandwith of 32.0 Gb/s for DDR2 667. And build the rest up from the motherboard l will never need to upgrade.This all means nothing to me so l thankyou all who help in advance. Also does running dual processors mean that you will have twice the speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-buying-a-new-motherboard.74641/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am the rookie of all rookies I know next to nothing about computers but have been educating myself for the past days I must have read pages worth of material trying to learn This site--I stumbled upon it THANK THE SWEET LORD --has helped me motherboard. help Need on buying new PLEASE!! more than everything else I ve read So I am going to rely upon you gentlemen and ladies to educate me I have an old CPU--Athlon K Mhz RAM MHz FSB--that isn t cutting it with the new hard drive I have Being the I am Need help on buying new motherboard. PLEASE!! I Need help on buying new motherboard. PLEASE!! bought a gigabyte hard drive not knowing the CPU isn t powerful enough to operate it and the software I have I m in the process of getting more software that I need for my profession in addition to my lust for WarcraftIII battle net I love the custom games So please please please help me I would like to buy a Pentium IV CPU GHz and the appropriate motherboard for about I found the CPU for about If what I want is not practical than I am willing to settle for the Athlon XP and the corresponding motherboard I found that CPU for about HELP HELP HELP HELP nbsp

A:Need help on buying new motherboard. PLEASE!!

I think you might be asking more of your $200 than is possible. After buying the CPU you will only have $40 left over. You will not get a good complimenting motherboard for the processor with that much left over. Plus you need to remember that you will most probably need to update the memory, and possibly the power supply in the case. You will more than likely need to expand your budget or go to a more discounted processor. Look at www.computergate.com and the Celeron socket 478 processors. A drop below the P4 but a better buy at the same speed. With money left over !! YOu could get a nice motherboard and processor and stay below $200 maybe have enough left over for memory. As far as M/B go I reccommend either ASUS, Gigabyte, or Soyo. They have done well for me in the past, stay away from ECS have never seen M/B with more problems than those seem to have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-buying-new-motherboard-please.22510/
Relevancy 54.18%

Sup,

i want to buy a GOOD motherboard,

a fast, and able to overclock motherboard my budget is $55.. do you know a good motherboard that will do the trick?...

For a 478 socket, DDR, 1 AGP 8x, and all possible pci slots, (up to 7 or 6 slots)

oh yea.. and im new to overclocking, can someone hook me up with overclocking guides, or hints, and warnings please?.. thanks..

A:Buying a motherboard

Your budget is too low for the things you described. Here's one that would do the job quite nicely, and it's not too much more than your budget:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131484

IMO - You really don't want to go super cheap on your mobo. You'll regret it later, especially if you're pushing your components hard by overclocking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-motherboard.484880/
Relevancy 54.18%

Im gonna build me a new gaming unit. I found this one I want but I dont see an AGP slot. There is something there, but it isnt an AGP adapter.
WTH? Any ideas?

Relevancy 54.18%

I m contemplating doing what I think of as a major upgrade to my computer I want to replace my motherboard cpu and cooling fan and ram The reason I buying Need new motherboard help got on this Need help buying new motherboard track is that I wanted to upgrade my ram from mb to I quot ve got PC RDram and mb will cost around or so To me it doesn t make much sense to go with old technology when I can get the latest for not to much more than that But as this will be the most major upgrade I ve attempted I ve got a lot of questions I ve looked at a lot of threads in the forums and still don t have all the answers that I need to get started on this If any of you guys can help me out on this I sure would appreciate it As I already have a computer that runs well no problems is all I have to do is take out the old motherboard cpu ram and install the new one using all the other original components and then boot up I doubt it If I need to replace somthing else what and what else do I need to do I m going from and Intel motherboard P to AMD or and different ram I ve got a Gateway XL full tower gig Maxtor hard drive CD burner DVD burner floppy Intel NIC Intel IDE Contoller Audigy sound card with plenty of room inside The IDE Contoller has kind of got me worried I ve done a search to find info on this but I haven t found everything I need As I have only this one computer I won t be able to access any help from here at TS so are there any probems that I might have when I get this done if by some chance I do all this correctly So any advice in advance will be greatly appreciated Are all ATX motherboards the same size My present Intel board D EMV is supposed to be xx by xx The one I m looking at is something like xx by xx I thought all ATX were the same size I m not sure of these sizes but could not find out much info on this So my real question is is the new board going to fit exactly in place of the old one And also does the new board come with the standoffs included or do I have to buy this seperately Do I really need non magnetic tools I have the full install Windows XP Home Edition cd that came with my Gateway computer Am I going to be able to use this without buying a new version as it s stll in the same computer I don t know if it will work but I want to be legal I have had conflicting word on this some say it will work others say it won t If I can use it would it be better to use the existing install or better to completely reformat I m not against that at all probably will anyway This is what I m looking to get For some reason I can t link directly to it at TigerDirect it s about the fifth one down the page so here s what it is MSI s K TNE -F Neo Socket motherboard and AMD Athlon processor If anybody has got any better suggestions I am open as long as it s in the same price range Has to be AGP compatable as I just bought a new AGP card That s all I can think of for now I m sure I ll have more questions as I go along I know it s a lot questions but if you guys could help me out I sure would appreciate it Thanks Present specs are Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX c Computer Name User Name Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium HT MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Maryville D EMV PCI AGP RIMM Audio Motherboard Chipset Intel Tehama i E System Memory MB RDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GT Monitor Gateway FPD quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative SB Audigy Player Sound Card Storage IDE Controller Intel r BA Bus Master IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive Maxtor Y P GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA- B DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD-RW DVD-RAM Optical Drive LITE-ON LTR- S x x x CD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboa... Read more

A:Need help buying new motherboard

upgrade

1. I don't think you will be able to keep xp installed and just switch motherboards, you probably will have to plan on just formatting(back up first) and doing a clean install. What do you mean by the ide controller has you confused? What are you wondering?
3. No, all atx aren't the same size, but the maximum size is about 12x9.6". My chaintech vnf4ultra nforce4ultra 939(I'd recommend it, but you already have an awesome agp card ) mobo is "atx", but actually like 12x8" or close to that. In smaller atx, like mine, they are just missing the outer edge of screw mounting holes. Your case should have the right standoffs already. I didn't use magnetic screw drivers, but it sure would have been handy at times. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.
4. Using your existing install, will probably be problematic, if it works at all. I would think that you could use you existing xp cd. I mean it isn't like you'll be using it on 2 computers, you just want to transfer it to your new system. You might have to call microsoft to see for sure though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-new-motherboard.22706/
Relevancy 54.18%

Does anyone have any suggestions on a mobo thats has Sli (two is enough) DDR2 GLAN 45nm 2 pci 1x some pci slot (onboard sound is not needed)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-motherboard.105197/
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop has been overheating. I've tried literally everything from checking for viruses  to reapplying thermal paste and I can't fix it. Here is a link to my forum post about it.  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PC-is-overheating-for-no-appare...  But that is not the topic of this post. I've decided to replace the motherboard thinking it may be a problem with the processor or some other piece of hardware. I found this forum post about replacing the motherboard on my model laptop. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-replace-my-CPU-in-my-HP-B... I actually found a motherboard with a higher model processor (AMD A10-5745M 2.1 GHz) for $50 cheaper on ebay and I wanted to make sure it is compatible. The motherboard product number is 763424-501. My laptop's serial number is 5CD426279F and product number is G4V48AV Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Buying a New Motherboard

Sorry. I Googled my pc product number and the actual product name is the  HP 15z-p000 CTO. I don't know if that makes a difference but I just wanted to make sure.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Buying-a-New-Motherboard/td-p/5779654
Relevancy 54.18%

hello guys i need some help here on buying a new motherboard for my 2 pcs.
I do not understand much about pcs but here are my questions:

-Buying a new motherboard do u need south bridge and north bridge to be the same as the motherboard u have?
Could someone tell me if this motherboard i have:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products...rd&ProductID=1646&ProductName=GA-8IPE1000 Pro

-Could be replaced with this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131527

And if this motherboard i have:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00100539

-Could be replaced with this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135226

i serious need to know this my shop depends on this..
thanx

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey... I currently have

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz
3GB RAM
Club3d HD4850 512mb Overclocked Edition
580W PSU
Asus P5LD2-X/1333 motherboard

And i really, really need a new mobo to upgrade to a quad core cpu.
So i need one that supports quad core, has integrated sound card (5.1), Has at least 2 ram sockets, at least 1 pci express 2.0 socket, integrated Ethernet/internet or whatever it was and anything else to support my current pc components.

So... here's the thing... how do i know what motherboard to buy to be sure it is compatible with the gpu,cpu etc.
here are the mobos i can buy http://www.ordi.ee/EPood/Products.aspx?MC=KOMP&IC=1100

Choose from that link and something good but not too expensive please.
Just help me choose ask me for more information.

Relevancy 53.75%

Ok, so, i have a crappy eMachines with 3 PCI slots. My problem is, my geforce fx 5500 pci video card isn't cutting it for my new games, would it be worth it to just buy a new mother board with an AGP or PCI-E slot? If so, i could use some suggestions on some boards.

A:New motherboard worth buying?

hard to say

I don't know what your system has, but there are things to consider, If you want better game play, yeah, you'll want a mobo to handle AGP/PCIexpress, etc., but then- will your power supply handle it? RAM? CPU?

Just changing mobos alone involves quite a bit- new installation of operating system, which means you want to back up your current data, and then you start upgrading video cards, almost everything else will probably need at least SOME upgrading/tweaking, so there are lots of things to consider.

Some of the guys around here who know gaming will be more help than me, but I'm sure there'll be more to it than just a mobo change. Good luck!! :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-worth-buying.40064/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

Recently i face BSOD error on my PC with my old motherboard Gigabyte G31-ES2L

then i repaired it with authorized service center but after that only one day my pc worked fine after that i got same BOD error.

Now i brought new motherboard Gigabyte G41-combo

but even now sometimes my PC automatically shuts down with same blue screen error and it works fine after restarts. But in my previous motherboard G31ES2L one BOD happened pc never starts (I m telling this because i want to know whether is it any other hardware problem or motherboard problem)

I m attaching the

Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.zip

and my system repot.html.zip

please help me to solve problem.. Thanx in advance

A:BSOD after buying new motherboard help

I faced BOD almost while browsing in chrome Firefox with more tabs opened.. I tried to format PC but same problem happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196856-bsod-after-buying-new-motherboard-help.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone, I am looking to buy a new motherboard for my Z50-70, as I see this as my only option for my SSD/HDD to get detected in BIOS. I have gone through many lengths to get it working by WINtoUSB and reflashing the BIOS, but to no greater avail.So now I am looking for a new motherboard and it is virtually impossible to find one, Lenovo/Medion directed me to their site and it was out of stock. I have scoured eBay, I could not find one.My question is: Does anyone have a spare/not used or a Z50-70 lying around they would like to sell? I live in Denmark. Best regards,Rasmus.

A:Z50-70 - Buying a new/used working motherboard

HI. You knowing reference, going on the motherboard, you'll know the exact model because in the manual are several.On this page you can find and cheaper: Here . Manual Service:https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_50_series_hmm.pdf Regards. 

Haga clic en la estrella para decir gracias, Por favor marque si resuelve su problema.No trabajo para LENOVO soy usuario voluntario.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-70-Buying-a-new-used-working-motherboard/td-p/3351960
Relevancy 53.75%

i have a dee optiplex gx 280 and i have 8 gb ram and a navida quatro 1 gb video card and seagate 500 gb harddrive i put in liquid cooling and a bigfoot 1gb enternet card got 2 sony dvd rewriters and the stock power supply just need to know if i can upgrade the cpu i like the pc it is working fine just would like to make it all it can be im running windows 7 ultimate and got good scores on proformance test
processor: 4.2
memory (ram): 5,2
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming graphics:4.7
primary hard drive:5.9
what would help othere then buying a new pc please help

A:Can I change my CPU without buying a new motherboard?

What's your motherboard model and what CPU do you have at the moment?

Also what do you use the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-change-my-cpu-without-buying-a-new-motherboard.179508/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am fairly new to this board and need some advice. It looks like I will be needing to replace a motherboard. It is my son's computer and he just spent $75 to have a repairman tell him his MB was shot and a new one would cost $375 plus labor. Needless to say, I brought it home and am trying to fix it myself.
The computer is a HP Pavilion Model #6740C with an Intel Celeron 667 MHz; Socket 370 with an Intel 810 chipset. What else do I need to know in order to find the correct fit for this computer? Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find a motherboard for my HP that is not real expensive? I have looked at several sites but haven't been able to find the right one yet. I'm not sure what brand the MB is. Any suggestions??

Relevancy 53.75%

I am going to buy a new mobo, processor and RAM.

My current ones are the following:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H
Processor: Core 2 Duo E5300 @2.6Ghz
RAM: DDR2 800Mhz.

I will be upgrading to the following:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+
Processor: AMD FX-4 4100 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: DDR3 1600MHz.

I will be keeping the same hard drive, case, PSU and GPU. Is there anything i should take into consideration when replacing the mobo, processor and RAM such as drivers having to uninstalled etc.?

thanks for your time

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi i was looking at this processor and these motherboards, what do u think, let me know please,,, http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=257474&Tab=2&NoMapp=0 and boards ,,,,, http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=266441&Tab=2&NoMapp=0 ,,,,, http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=250849&CatId=0
,,,, artical for the Foxconn C51XEM2AA as i liked it http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/FoxconnC51XEM2AA/
will be getting 2 graphics card to go with the set too,,,, thanks for your time ,,,doj,,,, harris,,,,,

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,
I'm looking for a new computer these days, and I need an advice for the motherboard. Actually I don't have much money, and I need a motherboard with an AGP slot (it will be better if it has a PCI-E either for further video card upgrade), supporting celeron-D cpu.
Looking in the stores nearby I noticed this one:
Asrock P4DUAL- 880 PRO - s.478, VIA PT880 Pro/ 8237R, HT, Prescott Ready, 800, 4xDDR400 Dual ch., PCI Express Graphics slot, AGP8x, Lan, sound, ...and so on
It seems to have everything I need and it's kinda cheap (as it has a Via chipset). What can you advice me? I don't need excellent performance, only a working PC And what does "dual" means - do I have to buy dual channel RAM only?
thanx a lot.

A:Question about buying a motherboard

"Dual" in the model name means it supports either PCI ex or AGP graphics, also it supports dual ram technology which you will have to install in identical pairs.
Use single if you don't want dual ram set up. See link for manual
http://www.asrock.com/product/P4Dual-880Pro.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-buying-a-motherboard.433502/
Relevancy 53.32%

What is the best memory I can have on the following motherboard:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M4A785-M

For a normal price.. no need for high-end four months of salary thing
I want 4GB or maybe more (I do run 64bit win 7)

Thanks in advance !

A:Buying new memory, motherboard support

Computer memory upgrades for ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard from Crucial.com

Above link shows all compatible RAM at Crucial.com using their configurator for your motherboard model.

Take your pick from that list. You can buy from Crucial directly or make note of the part numbers and buy that RAM at the dealer of your choice.

There are several speed choices in that list. In your situation, I would just get the standard PC2-5300, Non-ECC:

CT2KIT25664AA667

Priced at 49.99. You may be able to find that same part number at a lower price at another retailer such as Newegg.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187709-buying-new-memory-motherboard-support.html
Relevancy 53.32%

For some reason i am going to buy a scrap motherboard for 5 to 6 months. please help in finding a better scrap motherboard. while buying what should i check please list it.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/64504-what-check-while-buying-scrap-motherboard.html
Relevancy 53.32%

after much strife with my old board i gave up trying to fix it
here are the spare parts that i will be using to rebuild my system

AMD Phenom x4 960T 3.0ghz
ASUS EAH 6950 DCII 2gb
CORSAIR XMS3 CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 (4 x 2gb)
CORSAIR TX 750w
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

can anyone recommend a decent budget board to put it all on? would be a great help

thanks

A:Advice on buying gaming motherboard please

Depends on your budget really....

ASUS MB M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD AM3+ uATX 90-MIBG70-G0EAY00Z

Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 Motherboard Phenom II Socket AM3 AMD 880G RAID Gigabit Ethernet (rev 3.1)

ASRock 880GMH-USB3 Motherboard AMD Socket AM3 AMD 880G + AMD SB710 ATX Gigabit LAN (Integrated AMD Radeon HD 4250 Graphics)

.... all these are full of features and cost around ?50

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223532-advice-buying-gaming-motherboard-please.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying the following components for a new system. I want it for gaming, and just thought I'd get some opinions on whether it is worth the dosh; or if there are better components available for similar money.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.1GHz Socket AM2 1MB L2 (2x512KB) Cache Retail Boxed Processor - £68

Motherboard ASUS M2N68 nForce 630a Socket AM2+ - £50

Cheers

A:Processor + Motherboard: Worth buying?

well hat depends on what your other components are and what games you'll be playing, but besides these things, the combo looks good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-motherboard-worth-buying.121105/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm looking at getting a LGA 775 socket motherboard that has support for a quad core. Neither SLI or crossfire are necessary. It must also have the ability to overclock in the bios. Since this will be my first time over clocking, I'm just going to do a little a first. I've looked a couple of Asus, gigabytes, and intels however I'm not sure which are easier for over clocking, and are good for the price.

A:Motherboard suggestions?

I know for a fact that Asus is a great mobo company, intels are pretty good too but, i'd say Asus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-suggestions.76108/
Relevancy 52.89%

I wanted to upgrade memory in my ASUS P4T533-C MOBO, but it takes the old RAMBUS memory and its very expensive. I can upgrade the MOBO and get new memory cheaper cheaper. Was thinking about this board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131476

or this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131462

or this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157034

I have a Pentium 4, but I don't know if its Celeron or Prescott or whatever. My current board is 478 Socket. I'm thinking any compatible 478 Socket board should be fine. Don't want to spend too much as this puter is being given to my daughter!

A:Suggestions for Motherboard

Mulder said:

I have a Pentium 4, but I don't know if its Celeron or Prescott or whatever. My current board is 478 Socket. I'm thinking any compatible 478 Socket board should be fine. Don't want to spend too much as this puter is being given to my daughter! Click to expand...

Have you tried Everest Home (freeware) from http://www.lavalys.com to help identify your processor?

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-for-motherboard.387593/
Relevancy 52.89%

It's for a "gaming" pc. I know everything for a gaming pc has to be overpriced by definition. But if I could spend less then 170 on it that would be awesome. Its gotta have a pci express slot and slot something for one of those pentium 4 dual threading processors. I know little to nothing about motherboards so anything you guys know to be good ill get. Thanks.

A:Any Suggestions for a new Motherboard?

pugly said:

It's for a "gaming" pc. I know everything for a gaming pc has to be overpriced by definition. But if I could spend less then 170 on it that would be awesome. Its gotta have a pci express slot and slot something for one of those pentium 4 dual threading processors. I know little to nothing about motherboards so anything you guys know to be good ill get. Thanks.Click to expand...

Well its not called P4 anymore it called Core Duo or Core 2 Duo , Core 2 duo being the better one.

pls read this post,
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/531492-guide-building-your-own-system.html
after reading crjdriver post scroll down to the 5th post (mine) that will help you get a decent gaming machine

Far as I suggested mobo?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131030
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131070
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127014
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127004
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127005
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127004R

Any one of those would be great, just make sure the CPU and Ram match for that board

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-suggestions-for-a-new-motherboard.534616/
Relevancy 52.89%

Presently i have an AMD FX-9590 processor and 2x8GB 2400MHz Ram.

However, i believe that the motherboard i have been using does not support either of these parts. (Additionally, i believe the high wattage of the CPU to be causing a BSOD)

Please can you let me know what motherboards support both of the above and, if possible, be reasonably low priced.

The motherboard i have been using is: GB-78LMT-USB3

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks.

A:Motherboard suggestions

Whilst we are keen to help - a reply to your topic here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1149856-bsod-please-help.html
may well have enabled us to continue with tests and analysis to establish the problem even if it is indeed, as you now perceive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-suggestions.1150396/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys, after a power cut in my room for some reason it fried my motherboard, I'm pretty broke at the moment and only have ?50 to spend, at the moment I:
i5 CPU
750ti GPU
16GB RAM (2x 8GB)

Thank you.

A:Motherboard Suggestions

Here are the one that I found with a fast search:
Asus H110M-D D3 Motherboard (Socket 1151, DDR3, S-ATA 600, Micro ATX, PCI Express 3.0, USB 3.0, Stainless Steel Back I/O, DIGI, VRM): Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

HTH..
Jeff

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43131-motherboard-suggestions.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all.

I have an old system that the mobo has died on and I would like to find the a good motherboard to replace it. I was hoping someone could offer some suggestions on an affordable motherboard that I could swap my current one out with. This is just a secondary computer so I don't need anything nutty.

350watt sparkle power supply
AMD Athlon 2500+ (Barton)
(2) 256MB Corsair Value Select
80GB WD
DVD/CD-RW

The mobo that died had all sorts of problems since day one (MSI don't remember the model #) so I wouldn't care to buy another. :unch:

Any suggestions?
Thanks fellas!
Ed

A:I have everything but a motherboard... could really use some suggestions.

Here's what AMD Recommends...

http://www2.amd.com/us-en/recmobo/ResultsHandler/1,,30_182_869_4348^7923~63674,00.html

Compare the features and reviews of some of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-everything-but-a-motherboard-could-really-use-some-suggestions.26381/
Relevancy 52.89%

I will be purchasing a athlon 4400 x2 cpu, and would like to know which motherboard to go with. I would like sli on it, and would like a reliable mb no more than 130 dollars or so. Any suggestions. Most importantly I want want that doesn't have problems with the new dual core processor I'm getting

Relevancy 52.89%

I want to move on to an A64 cpu, probably the Winchester 3500+.
Since I have just lashed out and got a BFG6800OC Ultra I had better stick with an AGP board.
I am usually an Abit fan, but would really like to stick with an Nforce chipset board, so that opens up Gigabyte, Asus, DFI etc.
I also want a board with 4 x Sata ports, so that I can run my 37GB WD Raptor that is currently sitting idle in a box.....
Users comments/advice to me is far better than the blurb on the makers site.
I have looked at a few reviews online, but could do with your comments.
TSG members know what they are talking about, so I always value your advice.
Many thanks in advance...................oh, and if I am repeating a similar posts, then excuse me, as I am just a simple bloke from the UK.............

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-help-suggestions.316860/
Relevancy 52.89%

I would like some recommendations for a good processor and motherboard combination that is reasonably priced.
Here are the requirements I need:
- at least 750MHz CPU
- around $200 total or less
- ATX
- AGP 4X, at least 4 PCI, and 1 ISA is preferable
- prefer PC100 or PC133 SDRAM (so I don't have to buy new)
- I like jumperless (my current board is a Soyo K7Via)

I can't think of anything else right now. Otherwise, I do not care whether the best bet is a Pentium III, Pentium 4, Athlon Duron, etc. I am completely open to suggestions.

Thanks for your help!!!

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Everyone,
My name is Faruk ( Meridian Spica), currently working in the financial sector but enjoy working on computers, ofcourse until I mess up everything.
Recently Iwas cleaning my PC Compaq SR1211NX with Air, for a long time until the can released cold air which was blowing directly on my motherboard.
My fan and computer started acting up, fan going on and off.
Then I removed a 4 PIN socket directly from the M/Board, okay the fan worked okay but now my monitor not working.
Removed the motherboard just to find out, cannot find part for it..
Can someone guide me which generic m/board would be compatible, here are my PC details:
Celeron 330 (P) 2.66 GHz
533 MHz Front side bus
Socket 478
Chipset
Intel 845GV
Motherboard
Manufacturer: MSI
Motherboard Name: MS-6577
Compaq motherboard name: giovani2-GL6

Thanks in advance
MERIDIAN

A:Hello / Motherboard Suggestions

First of all, welcome to techspot, and have you tried other monitors in the computer, or a seperate graphic card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hello-motherboard-suggestions.58048/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hope i have this in the right place Got a buddy wanting to build a new system and he uses all SCSI stuff Hard drives and Suggestions Motherboard CD ROM He wants a quality board but remember serial ports and IDE don t mean anything to him he is a hard core SCSI person He don t mind using the onboard sound he is not much of a good sound needed on the PC person as for as PCI slots probably or will be fine and probably an onboard Com Right now he is not sure of the Motherboard Suggestions OS he will be running he does know he will be Motherboard Suggestions using a P processor probably between and says he don t need the and I told him with those processors he probably would not be able to utilize the Hyper-Threading Technology he already pretty much has his mind made up on using the crucial memory I am guessing he will want the FSB for sure there is probably more info you might need but this is a start and I know this will be a very opinionated post but I have no problem with that got to start somewhere and he can review them himself after he gets some make and model numbers Thanks Mr Bill nbsp

ASUS!!!!! lol. Pretty much anything from them, yup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-suggestions.191249/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm in the process of selecting some upgrades for my current computer and would appreciate any suggestions experiences on motherboards for bit Vista or XP Current Setup Antec P - mm fans xRaptor RAID x gig xDVD - both connected to PATA media card bay Antec NEO PS Nvidia GT Upgrades P Mobo ghz CPU gigs DDR Additional x Hitachi TB - in RAID configuration suggestions Motherboard My primary use will be NET Web Windows development utilizing a lot of VMWare virtual machines and database access big databases - gigs hence lots Motherboard suggestions of storage I'm essentially looking for the best bit Vista XP supported solution and ideally Windows bit in not so distance future I current run Windows on the desktop It sounds like any of the bit OSs want signed drivers so main priority for any motherboards are - Lots of bit driver compatibility especially with any onboard RAID solution - Lots of SATA minimum but ideally - A couple of eSATA ports - No fans - heat pipes only for quieter operation - Crossfire SLI Motherboard suggestions not an issue but don't care if they're there - Decent memory for bit of overclocking but nothing to exotic From research I have narrowed it down to a variation of the ASUS P K-E WiFi Deluxe or premium or Gigabyte P -DS Thanks ahead of time for any feedback Regards X

A:Motherboard suggestions

Hi xmeister,
I use the Biostar P4M890-M7 PCI-E Motherboard and Vista installed every driver for this mobo and have been using this mobo for over 3 months now with Vista x64 Ultimate DVD (Retailupgrade). I have let windows install all Windows Updates it has every prompted me for. Never had a problem.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/121353-motherboard-suggestions.html
Relevancy 52.89%

OK Here s the deal It s upgrade time and I need some advice I need a motherboard that supports both SDRAM and DDR-RAM The reason is that I have mb of PC RAM and I can t really afford to totally ditch that in favor of mb of new PC or other new types of RAM I would like it to support both so that I can switch to the better RAM for suggestions a motherboard some I need in the future I I need some suggestions for a motherboard plan to buy a mhz Athalon XP so it needs to support chips as slow as that I would also like it to be able to support chips that clock in at over ghz to future-proof for if and when I decide to upgrade in the future I would like it to spuport ATA but will do if that s too much to ask I don t care about onboard video sound or LAN capabilities because I have that handled already with superior cards It needs to support AGP X I think most mobos do and I would also like USB though that is not critical It must have at least PCI slots would be better So here s the gyst of things NEEDS Supports AMD Athalon XP chips Supports chips clocked at speeds less than or equal to ghz Supports chips clocked at speeds greater than ghz Supports both PC RAM as well as DDR RAM lt --the biggie Supports AGP X has at least PCI slots as well as some form of USB Needs to be stable and of high quality Supports ATA Works with Windows XP Pro WANTS Supports chips clocked at speeds up to or even greater than ghz not sure if such a mobo even exists Has USB Has or more PCI slots Supports ATA I may be asking a lot but if you guys know of something even CLOSE to what I m looking for PLEASE LET ME KNOW Thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

my motherboard recently fried and i was wondering what type of motherboard i should get.

I use intel p4 775 socket
184-pin ram (looking for 4 slots on motherboard, i used to use p5p800)
and an AGP slot for my video card

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=4CoreDual-VSTA&s

That is the Mobo I just ordered, it has an AGP and a PCI-e slot so you can upgrade later. Also, the memory will take DDR and DDR2 up to 2GB. It's a 775 Socket as well. This of course is just a suggestion, it had pretty good reviews on newegg and it's like $60. I haven't received or installed it yet but from what I read about it it should do the trick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-suggestions.75265/
Relevancy 52.89%

I believe my A8N32-SLI has just had its RAM slots all burnt out so I will be needing suggestions for a motherboard (That is If SquareTrade gives me the money) that supports a AMD X2 3800+, and a 7600 GS. I don't think I will be needing X16 SLI but it would be nice if it was in a board that was..affordable, And stable. I will also need it to support DDR 400 1 X 2 sticks. Thank You in Advanced =O

Edit: Holy crap i just noticed i posted in wrong section lol, Would a admin care to move? lol (Sorry for the trouble)!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-suggestions.86658/
Relevancy 52.89%

Could anyone suggest a motherboard with a good price?

The only real requirements are: support for Athlon II, DDR3 RAM support, HDMI, and an included graphics card (preferably Radeon HD).

It would be great if it was available in Canada, but US is fine too.

Thanks!

Here's two, they're Gigabyte boards with an AMD 785 chipset and integrated HD 4200 graphics: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...mpareItemList=N82E16813128397,N82E16813128411
Difference is the UD3H can do Hybrid Crossfire but thats not much of a high point as the one will run only at x4 speeds, but it still has that second physical PCI-Express x16slot and two more PCI-Express x1 slots as its a ATX rather then a micro-ATX board, but the UD2H board has eSATA, otherwise pretty much the same for features. Both have HDMI and optical audio out.

However if you want a system for gaming you'll want a dedicated video card as the onboard, while fine for everyday stuff, video, and basic gaming, will not provide decent performance for most games at mid to high settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-suggestions.888617/
Relevancy 52.46%

my laptop is dell inspiron n5110
Ram : 6GB
processor : intel core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHZ
Video Card : Nvidia GT 525M (1GB)
i want upgrade my Graphic Card But
I heard some people say graphic card fixed in motherboard  !
The solution : Replace Motherboard
i wanna know which is compatible with my laptop
and Nvidia GTX 600 or higher
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984075
Relevancy 52.46%

I am going to put together a system in a cube case (aspire) and need to pick a solid motherboard.

Needs to be socket 939 (Athlon64 3500)
Pci express x16 slot for the graphics card
microATX

Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Need MicroATX motherboard suggestions please

Read this review for Foxconn NF4K8MC-ERS:
http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?...s&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=122&page=1

Not really suited for overclocking and has only max. 2GB memory. Otherwise it should fit your bill!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-microatx-motherboard-suggestions-please.45625/
Relevancy 52.46%

hello, i need new mobo that needs, AGP slot, socket 939 and 4 ram slots.

im having trouble finding one, can you suggest a good board for me? thanks alot

A:help choosing a motherboard, suggestions?

All of these will do the trick

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=22&Submit=Property

The big makers on that list are asus, msi, gigabyte, abit.

But don't rule out that asrock board on there. It has both an AGP slot AND a PCI-e 16x slot so if you want to upgrade in the future you can. That plus take a look at it's price. Pretty sweet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-choosing-a-motherboard-suggestions.37008/
Relevancy 52.46%

The motherboard on my current pc is fine except for the fact that it doesn't have an agp slot. I need some suggestions as to what motherboard to buy. I own a dell dimension 3000, 512mb of ram, 70gb hard drive, 3.5 floppy, dvd/cdrw combo drive, Intel celeron 2.6 ghz, x86 based pc, an Intel(R) Pro/100 VE Network connection, an Intel(R) 537ep v9x df pci modem. If you'd like more information ito help you better recommend a motherboard with an agp slot.... by all means just ask. Thanks for the trouble.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys,

I am brand new at this stuff. I really want to learn how to build my own computers instead of buying Dell garbage. But I have a lot to learn.

Can you help me with the power supply and motherboard?

Are these three compatible?

Power supply:
COOLER MASTER GX Series RS650-ACAAE3-US 650W ATX12V v2.31 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Motherboard:
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Case:
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Any extra tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance! Smile
Hoolege06

A:Building new PC, need motherboard PSU suggestions

Putting your processor and Ram in there as well would give us a better idea I think.
PSU should be fine, depending also on what graphics card(s) you are running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-pc-need-motherboard-psu-suggestions.151259/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I am looking for a new motherboard and wish to use the current hardware outlined in my system specs on this site.

I have narrowed it down to the following your thoughts would be much appreciated.

http://uk.msi.com/product/mb/990FXA-...l#/?div=Detail

Motherboards - CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z

http://www.amazon.co.uk/M5A97-EVO-R2...words=asus+970

ASRock > 990FX Extreme9

A:Motherboard suggestions for Windows 8.1

I like the Asus B85M-E board (you didn't mention it). Has all the stuff you might want, and won't break your wallet.

Only recommend that you do not get a Gigabyte board, as I've had difficulties with all the ones I've owned (and currently own).

As for the boards you've mentioned, I'm just not sure. Make sure that the boards support your CPU and RAM

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40847-motherboard-suggestions-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I haven't been paying attention to the newest technology the last few years. The last computer I built was a P4 3ghz so bear with me! (actually its the one i'm on now).

I'm just curious as to what processors are good to overclock, what motherboards one would suggest to go with them, as well as what memory DDR RAM.

A good motherboard is especially important to me for overclocking features.

I'm also curious - if I would be interested in a dual monitor output, would having two video cards be optimal?

Thanks, and I am open to all suggestions.

A:overclock CPU/motherboard suggestions?

I can only help you out a little bit.
1: If you are going to overclock, forget about nVidia's n-tune software, don't use it. its really bad. Just overclock manually.
2: Having 2 nVidia cards in SLI only gives you about 30% of a performance boost. If you have the money, to do SLI, do it. But don't get like two 8800 Ultra's and put them in SLI, its just not worth it. Maybe two 8800 GT'S would be a lot better. Hope this helps -TopgunZX

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclock-cpu-motherboard-suggestions.698470/
Relevancy 52.46%

So just as I thought the problem was fixed, turns out I need a new mobo.
So I figured you guys would know best, I have my eye on the Asus Sabertooth Z77 but not sure.
Budget is about ?200 (£170/$260)

Specs:
Case - HAF 922
CPU - Intel i7-3770K
GPU - XFX Radeon HD7970
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU - Corsair HX750
HD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB

One with HDMI support would be nice.

Whaddya think?

A:Motherboard suggestions for $260ish?

The Sabertooth is an excellent motherboard, and looks like it will suit your needs. As for HDMI, your GPU deals with display output, not the motherboard (although the Sabertooth does have one)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-suggestions-for-260ish.190130/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am looking to build my first computer and would appreciate some suggestions for a motherboard. I plan to mainly use the computer for photo editing with Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom. I also use Flight Sim but not any other games. Would just like a fast machine that will be upgradeable. Not married to either AMD or Intel. Have been considering one of the ASUS boards. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My total budget is going to be around $1,000 - $1,100.
Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-suggestions-for-cs5-lightroom.943971/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, i have a crappy, old, obselite computer, sucks when i maxed it out even. so, i decided, i need a new Motherboard, to upgrade Video Card and my CPU, that all i need upgraded...so..this is pretty much what im looking for:

PCI express
184 Pin physical memory slot
Common Intel-supported processor slot, or possibly with a processor.
Any suggestions on meeting that criteria?

Ive googled and found a few, but then the proccessor slot was vitually extinct.

A:Upgrading Motherboard....Suggestions?

What processor? No slot holds all Intel cpu's?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-motherboard-suggestions.666996/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi recently i posted in this forum that my PSU blew up from the responses i got here apparently my suggestions motherboard Replacement mobo got fried as well http www techspot com vb topic html now i am on a VERY tight budget and i can Replacement motherboard suggestions t afford to get new processor gpu etc i can only replace my psu and my mobo so i have a Radeon HD x DDR gb ram and a AMD athlon processor what mobo can i get which is the equivalent or better than my old mobo Asus M N -SLI that can support everything that i already have and also a similar PSU Also someone Replacement motherboard suggestions told me in this forum that the only way i can check if my HD and other stuff got burned is by testing them on another machine but is it possible in Replacement motherboard suggestions any way to check it without another pc i dont have any money to spend right now and i need to check if it s that i won t have to replace anything else on my pc Thanks guys my pc is burned for weeks now and i work with my pc so two weeks without working i am desperate nbsp

A:Replacement motherboard suggestions

What is your budget?

This seems like a very decent motherboard and should suit your needs.

As for your HDD, you will need a working computer to test it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-motherboard-suggestions.146393/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello It s about that time when I gut my machine and swap out some tasty new ingredients I ve picked out some of the new parts but I m still deciding on the CPU and mobo So here are my questions Which CPU should I pick What motherboard might you suggest Is there anything wrong with my best-laid plans Should I replace Motherboard Upgrade: Suggestions Rig the old Ballistix with another set of Ballistix Tracers or would those two play Rig Upgrade: Motherboard Suggestions nicely enough Rig Upgrade: Motherboard Suggestions together In terms of my needs this is mainly a gaming and multimedia machine I d like to be able to run the newest games on DX e g Crysis I also do a fair bit of multimedia work in terms of both design e g Photoshop and video encoding e g DVD -- gt DVD encoding Gaming and encoding are my top priorities I am definitely a midrange consumer with a penchant for good deals and no need for hair-singeing performance The parts that will definitely be going into the rig are asterisk old parts RAM GB Crucial Ballistix DDR PC GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR PC VGA ASUS EAH HTDI M Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR Crossfire Supported INTERNAL HDD Western Digital Raptor GB RPM SATA Gb s HDD OS Essentials Hitachi Deskstar K GB RPM SATA Gb s HDD Programs Samsung SpinPoint T Series HD LJ GB RPM SATA Gb s HDD Storage OTHER Optical EIDE DVD-RW and SATA DVD-RW External ESATA HDD W PSU I m set on choosing an Intel CPU and I m currently leaning towards the Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz LGA W CPU My alternate choice was the Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz LGA Quad-Core CPU They are roughly the same price I prefer the C over the Quad because the E tends to beat the Q in gaming and encoding benchmarks probably because most games and encoders haven t made full use of quad-threading yet What are your thoughts on C vs Quad Is it worth it to get Quad considering increased utilization in the future As for a motherboard I am much less certain My ideal price range is around - I obviously need a Quad Core Duo P mobo with a memory standard of at least DDR - and SATA Gb s slots slots wouldn t be bad either A built-in ESATA port would be very important I don t care much about CrossFire and I definitely don t care about SLI I only do moderate overclocking One motherboard that caught my eye was the Gigabyte GA-EP C-DS R nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

So im currently running an MSI K N Delta-L MS- G board using PC DDR memory also running an Nvidia Geforce MX mb vid card I ve been seeing higher than normal temps at idle - degrees and have become quite annoyed at the screaming sounds from within my comp case Its AMD 3200 Motherboard Suggestions XP for not loud but its an annoying hum makes it hard to study My case is completely open and running fans cpu and vidcard fans Well a friend of mine suggested that I purchase a Zalman B alum cu cpu fan to cure me of these temp noise issues After purchasing the fan we discovered I couldnt install it because my motherboard didnt have the holes needed to mount the fan hardware Now im stuck with a fan i cant install I ve been recently on the search for motherboards and I was wondering if any of you could suggest a good Socket A board for an AMD athlon xp I ve checked out newegg and wasnt sure what would make a reliable board At the moment Motherboard Suggestions for AMD XP 3200 im looking for a reliable motherboard I can mount this fan onto I know it sounds stupid to get a mobo based on noise alone but im sick of dealing with all the noise and higher cpu temps Please point me in the right direction Help me Obe your my only hope nbsp

A:Motherboard Suggestions for AMD XP 3200

Good socketA boards are getting harder and harder to find these days. I liked the A7N8X Deluxe by Asus if you can find one.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=A7N8X+Deluxe&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler

If you want to choose from the boards that newegg is currently selling (also assuming you're looking for an ATX motherboard, not a micro-ATX), then I'd probably go for this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127179

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-suggestions-for-amd-xp-3200.43065/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I have recently decided to get a new graphics card for my HP Compaq Presario CQ5320Y. After opening it up I only see one PCI slot and 2 black slots that are unkown to me. I have done a little research and some sites say that there are PCI express slots but i am not sure which ones those are. Anyways after looking around, I decided on this card but am still not sure if its the best i should get, an suggestions? I am looking for a card for mostly gaming and am willing to spend up to $100 - $150 tops. This is the one I have decided on so far. Galaxy Technology 512 MB DDR3 GeForce GTS250 Graphics Card 25SFF6HX1RUI (sorry about no links unable to post links or images for now)

A:Deciding on buying new graphics card and need help with motherboard slots

The HP Compaq Presario CQ5320Y does have 1 PCI-E x16 slot and 1 PCI-E x1 slot. The best option for you would be to purchase an ATI Radeon HD 5770. It will give vastly superior performance compared to the GTS 250. However, for either card, your PSU will be insufficient. Presently your system has a 250W PSU. You will need one in excess of 400W with sufficient amperage on the 12V rails. The Corsair 400CX should be good enough but the 450VX is a safer bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deciding-on-buying-new-graphics-card-and-need-help-with-motherboard-slots.152761/
Relevancy 51.6%

Current specs
Intel db75en
Intel i5 3rd gen 3450
Gtx 970 amp extreme edition
Samsung evo 120
PSU corsair vs 650
Liquid cooler h50 corsair

Currently they are on LGA 1155 mobo

I just killed my old motherboard
And now I am planning to buy i7 4790k

There are three motherboards I have in mind and all of them are asus z97 series based. Want to buy only asus..
Z97 A
Z97 k
Z97 c

I want to know that whether I should upgrade and get 1150 mobo and new processor or not!

(I have no plans to put dual gtx 970 bt plan to use secondary gfx card (gtx560) as phyx dedicated card)
If yes then
1. Which mobo I should go for and why?
2. Will the old h50 will be fittable on my new board or not!

Any new advise also appreciated!
Thank You

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-liquid-cooler-suggestions.210943/
Relevancy 51.6%

Current PC Specs OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz Lynnfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Inc X R CPU Graphics MB GeForce GTX nVidia I would like to purchase a new motherboard that would be compatible with the current setup I have listed Suggestions/Advice Motherboard New Solved: above and also open Solved: New Motherboard Suggestions/Advice to further upgrades in the future The general idea would be for a gaming setup but also staying reasonable in price I would like to stay under or around for one but I feel as if I am being to cheap and that it is not possible if I want true quality The setup does not have to be mind blowing by any means but I do not want it to be an obsolete gaming system within a few years or struggle with most of the games on high settings I hope this post wasn t to confusing its early and I am kind of tired still lol nbsp

A:Solved: New Motherboard Suggestions/Advice

There is no motherboard that will be compatible with your current processor and be compatible with future processors. The sockets are changed from the first generation to the current 2nd and 3rd generations of Core i processors.

Also, you are running a Dell, so that generally means a new case as well, possibly a new power supply, and definitely a new copy of Windows as you cannot use a Dell OEM license on a non-Dell motherboard.

Your best bet is to sell the Dell as is, a complete unit, and buy or build a whole new system.

Also, the future proofing you are looking for at gaming may not be possible, new games come out all the time and some push the best hardware to the limit, to be able to handle games on high for the next few years on high may or may not be possible without dropping large sums of money and even then it may not be able to handle it, an example would be the original Crysis game.

For a inexpensive upgrade that would actually make a performance difference, a motherboard wouldn't make a difference FYI, you could upgrade the graphics card to a GTX 560 Ti or something similar as that would fit into the $200 budget. But you need to check your power supply to see if can handle it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-motherboard-suggestions-advice.1072735/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm searching for an ASUS motherboard that is compatible with my hardware parts below:

CPU: Intel Core i7 940 SLBCK Desktop CPU Processor LGA1366 2.93GHz 8MB
RAM: Kingston HyperX 6GB Kit 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9 240PIN DIMM XMP Triple Channel Memory Kit
Hard Drive: 750GB Seagate sata hard drive
DVD ROM: IDE DVD ROM

I would like an on-board video connection.
Thanks

A:ASUS Motherboard Suggestions for New Build

I dont think any LGA1366 have on-board VGA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-suggestions-for-new-build.196401/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have two Intel Xeon processor (3.06 GHz 3066DP/512/533/1.525v SL6VP) and would like to know the motherboards that support this processor. Any suggestion for a dual processor motherboard is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

kev

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-suggestions-for-intel-xeon-processor.83497/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just installed a with a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor with a MSI 790XT-G45 AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboardand for whatever reason I cant get it to load my windows. I did the BIOS setup etc, but always gives me an error message and a blue screen. Is it because i had an intel proc/motherboard and the drivers on my hard drive are interfering? help me please.

A:Installed a new motherboard and CPU, but comp won't boot, suggestions?

Which operating system? Windows has issues with swapping out a motherboard is the hardware is significantly different from what was in there.

Some of these articles may help:
http://arstechnica.com/hardware/new...-motherboard-without-reinstalling-windows.ars
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824125

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-a-new-motherboard-and-cpu-but-comp-wont-boot-suggestions.148227/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I'm building a unit from scratch and I am a little bewildered by the amount of motherboards out there...

I am really looking for a board that will stand me in good stead for a while, preferable Intel, (Core 2 Duo compatible).

I will only be running one Sata drive and one ATA 100, with a DVD writer, one PCI slot will be used and I need a floppy drive. Not an amazing amount of options needed...

I am undecided as to whether or not I will need SLI, i totally don't have enough money to buy two cards at the moment, but would it be good to have it as an option for later?

+ are there any makes I should stay away from?

A:Solved: Scratch Build Motherboard Suggestions?

sorry found this article,

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/11/13/shootout_at_the_core_2_corral_uk/

my bad for posting!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-scratch-build-motherboard-suggestions.523008/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm looking to replace the logic board in my desktop system with a PCI Express-capable model. The current logic board is an Asus P4C800-E with a 3.4 ghz P4 CPU.

What I would like is:
1 16x PCI Express slot (two would be better)
at least 4 other PCI slots
USB 2.0
FireWire
Onboard gigabit Ethernet
Has to play well with the current processor

My upper limit is around $250 for the board. Suggestions?

A:PCI Express Intel-Compatible Motherboard Suggestions?

A socket 478 p4 board with pci-e is not too common.
I also doubt you'll find one with 4 pci slots as well(although they have some pci-e x1 slots too).
Here're two I could find w/ pci-e and socket 478.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157075
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813170143
After looking at both, I'd definitely go with the albatron model of the two, it has 1 more pci slot, and also has full pci express x16(not the asrocks "agi express", which is limited).
The downside to the albatron is that it only has 1 ide port, so you could only have 1 ide hd if you have one cd/dvd drive, or no ide drives if you have 2 cd/dvd drives. It basically means you need to use sata hard drives with the board, (or you'd have to get a pci/pci-e x1 ide controller to add 2 more ide connectors).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815150049
^that has 2 ide connectors if you'd need more ide connectors. It also adds usb and firewire.

If you need firewire you can add a card like this(or if you need ide ports and get the above, firewire is already built in).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681512400
Or if you don't want to tie up a pci slot, you could get a pci-e x1 model like this.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.a...rm=10412677&Type=PI&Category=Comp&dcaid=17194

And if you need gigabit ethernet, same situation, you can get pci or pci-e x1.
Here're 2 x1 cards.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7163&ATT=Network+Interface+Ca&CMP=OTC-yah00TT
http://accessories.gateway.com/Acce...&cm_ite=10/100/1000Base-T_adapter_PCI-Express

So if you got the albatron board, the pci-e x1 firewire card, pci-e x1 gigabit ethernet card, you'd mostly have your requirements(you'd have 3 pci instead of 4).
Also, if you fill both pci-e x1 slots, you'd need to make sure your graphics card only take up one slot(or you'd lose the one x1 slot if you got a dual slot card), as many newer cards use two slots.

So the price including the adapters(firewire, gigabit), would be about $230.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-express-intel-compatible-motherboard-suggestions.34952/
Relevancy 51.17%

I currently have a 1.60 GHZ P4 on a pV4xasd2 VIA Mobo, brand new power supply purchased a month ago with two 256mb DDR Ram sticks. I recently attempted to install a newly purchased intel 865GBF mobo, but after install system would not boot (fans spin, but no post) all supplies meter check ok, monitor ok etc. I then replaced the original mobo and it too would not boot/post. (tested both with only the CPU and Ram installed). At this point I suspected that I had damaged the CPU so I took it too the local shop to have tested in a known good system...tested OK. I did read something in the material of the intel Mobo on a potential differentiation (and thus incompatibility) with the 1.60 P4 that I have and a 1.60a? I've ensured that all the standoffs are OK (not grounding to the chassis)

Any ideas?

A:New motherboard install, system will not post. Any suggestions

Does this motherboard take the 4-pin power directly to the board (secondary power for the cpu specific)? Make sure that's in otherwise you'll not boot. Is the cpu fan spinning? Did you properly apply a good thermal paste to the cpu before installing the heatsink/fan assembly?

Just a few things to check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-install-system-will-not-post-any-suggestions.21005/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys I am new to this forum although it has helped me a lot over the last few years I just haven't registered until now Please can someone help me with a motherboard, or any Need my suggestions? to card graphics upgrade few questions on how to upgrade or completely upgrade my Desktop PC I have a E-System Ei and want to upgrade so that I can play sort of Need to upgrade my graphics card or motherboard, any suggestions? modern games I have a bit of knowledge about computers but the hardware side is something I'm trying to learn Here are my specs and I may get some wrong but I can't tell the difference between CPU GPU Motherboard etc Operating system Windows Ultimate x Installed memory RAM GB x GB DDR CPU Intel Celeron GHz Motherboard Foxconn GM CM Chipset i G GPU Intel GM GME Memory MBytes I am just curious as to what I can upgrade to can I just buy a top of the range motherboard and install it Thanks for your help it's much appreciated

A:Need to upgrade my graphics card or motherboard, any suggestions?

Hi Androider86, Welcome to Sevenforums.

I am sure you will get the best suggestion here for the upgrade you are looking for.
first of all, tell us what is your budget? If you want to buy a top range motherboard, you can. But, if you are planning to install the same CPU that you currently have, it won't work. You need to but a good CPU with that as well.

If you are planning to buy PC for gaming. Then I will suggest you to have good motherboard, CPU, GPU, 8 GB RAM, a good cabinet to put all these in and most important a good power supply to give enough power to all these components.

But, we can suggest the hardware once you give us your budget.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313950-need-upgrade-my-graphics-card-motherboard-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 51.17%

This isn't for me, but a friend. He lives in England and wants to upgrade from his current 939 system. He wants the E8400 Wolfdale (and nothing else will do; I tried ) and asks for suggestions for a motherboard.

I am woefully void of knowledge on what motherboards would work with this 45nm processor. Here are a few his parameters:

1. He doesn't/won't overclock.

2. He doesn't want SLi or Crossfire.

3. He needs something rock stable; no need for all the extras or the tweaking. Stock will do him fine.

He is significantly limited in PC knowledge and that is why stable and steady is very important.

Thanks.

A:E8400 Wolfdale motherboard Suggestions Needed

This is a US supplier, and this is just 1 example:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2847&ProductName=GA-EP43-DS3L

All you have to do is pick a good motherboard manufacturer, select an Intel LGA775 socket motherboard and look at the recommended CPU list...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e8400-wolfdale-motherboard-suggestions-needed.112354/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm buying a Intel I7-2600k for my main rig. I was wonder what would be a good board to house it and my 2 6950's 2gb. I do plan on overclocking .. So any board that will allow me to do so easier will be appreciated.

Would like to go no higher then 300$

Thanks in Advance.

A:Good mid-range to high-end Intel LGA 1155 motherboard suggestions

The best board I've used thus far -a combination of stability, feature set, ease of use and overclock ability would be the Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen 3. It features a PLX bridge chip which allows use of virtually all features concurrently ( the third PCIe x16 @ x4 isn't downgraded to x1 for instance if you use most/all of the SATA 6Gb/USB3.0 ports).
If you don't need a full-size board then the ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 at around $180 might make some appeal. Both these boards have no facility for video-out (no onboard HDMI, DP, DVI, D-Sub) - not a great concern for most people looking at Z68 boards.

Word of warning: Z77 boards are reportedly due for release on 8th April. While they will offer very little (if anything) over Z68 boards, it will mean that Z68 board prices will take a nosedive. My advice if you need a board right now and want to save some cash, would be to pick up a functional and well regarded cheap board such as the P8Z68-V/G3 (which still a very nice board) and maybe look to replace it with one of the top-end boards which will surely drop in price. It does mean that you would have the hassle of finding a buyer for a board, but on the plus side you may find yourself happy with the P8Z68-V.

You'll notice that all the selections are Asus based products. Asus -at least for Z68, seems to be putting out the best boards overall. Some other vendors are having QC problems. Gigabyte, which are normally my first choice in mobo making, have some infuriating reboot loop issues with some boards that still remains even with the latest BIOS updates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-mid-range-to-high-end-intel-lga-1155-motherboard-suggestions.178058/
Relevancy 49.45%

When it comes to selecting mobo's, I'm not sure what to really buy. I am buying a Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB .

Can you guys give me some suggestions on a decent mobo?

-I will not be overclocking
-little room for upgrade
-stable board.

THX

~R~

A:Suggestions on purchasing stable, proper, motherboard for Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz

I would go to newegg.com. They have a big selection of mobos there. Asus, Intel, Soyo, Aopen, and Gigabyte all make decent boards. When you go to newegg, click on Computer Hardware and then Shop by Catagory. When you hit Motherboards-Intel, there will be an Advanced Search colum on the left. It's handy for narrowing down what features you want. Since you have limited expansion space you might want to consider things like onboard audio and LAN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-on-purchasing-stable-proper-motherboard-for-intel-pentium-4-2-4cghz.166162/
Relevancy 33.97%

I've been looking for the front panel pin layout on the Dell Dual Xeon Motherboard with Dell P/N: 0WN7Y6 (it is a # zero, W, N, #7, Y, #6). 
The front panel connector is 27-pin...28 spots with one pin left blank. The pin layout isn't included in the manual and I'm trying to boot two of these motherboards without the 27-pin connector. I just need to know which pins need to be jumpered in order to test for boot to BIOS.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Motherboard- P/N 0WN7Y6 Dual Xeon Motherboard Front Panel Pin Layout

Dell doesn't make the front panel connector pin-outs public. So unless you map them yourself or somebody else has done it...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996055
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi (a post after a long time)
I've a F90M motherboard (with intel 915G chipset - i gues chipset doesn't have to do anything with front panel connections, but ... ). It came out of Acer 3700GX PC (i think its a bit old ).
Ok, now i'm trying to put it in a standard larger ATX casing. I've fitted it in and everything works fine except the front panel connections. I cannot identify the front panel connections and could only manage to identify the power switch pins on the motherboard.

I've searched over internet and couldn't find a manual of the motherboard (found manual for the PC on www.nodevice.com but it doesn't tell how to connect front panel)

so can you guys please suggest me the connections for front panel LEDs, Audio and USB.

and i really believe that you TSG guys are up to it

Thanks in advance

A:Identify motherboard's front panel connections | PC Acer 3700GX | Motherboard F90M

no replies????

is it such a hard/stupid question??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identify-motherboards-front-panel-connections-pc-acer-3700gx-motherboard-f90m.840211/