Windows Support Forum

Motherboard 4gb Max or change motherboard for 8gb ?

Q: Motherboard 4gb Max or change motherboard for 8gb ?

Hey guys

i just finished my build and i have no idea why i went for a motherboard with 2 slots for ram it can hold up to 16gb but luckly ebuyer sent me out an extra 4gb of kingston hyperx ram so i have 8gb all together but theres a problem theres 4 sticks !

obviously i wouldnt want to send it back so what do ya think either upgrade my motherboard and smash the extra 4 gb in there or keep to my original one i dont have money to blow atall im really struggling if its something that will really make a difference ill go with it if not then ill just keep to my original and when i come to buy a graphics card i will get a 2gb graphics card to help with gaming all i really do is gaming i dont really do anything else

thankyou for your time

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Motherboard 4gb Max or change motherboard for 8gb ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Motherboard 4gb Max or change motherboard for 8gb ?

I'd go with 4 gigs until you had a major reason to believe it wasn't enough. If that ever happens, consider your next move. Most people do just fine with 4 gigs.

I considered 8 gigs on my 4 slot board but decided against it and don't regret it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148979-motherboard-4gb-max-change-motherboard-8gb.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My old motherboard got fried... literally somehow, so I got a new one. But now my games crash... not a lot, but from time to time they just lock up... Is this maybe because there is somethign not configured properly on the bios? Is this a common problem when a computer has had a mobo switch?

Relevancy 68.8%

I change with motherboard Help be built a few Help with motherboard change computers in my lifetime but having problems like I have not experienced before The motherboard is an Asus A NX -X The CPU is an AMD Sempron I now get a good bootup with bios picking up my Maxtor hard drive and CD burner correctly HD as primary and CR as secondary on primary IDE After some tinkering bios also correctly recognizes the cpu as the sempron I am running fsb with multiplier of The problem occurs when I attempt to install Windows after deleting creating new partition and reformatting Maxtor hard drive I go to E drive where my CD is and where the Windows cd is at to install the operating system I enter setup and everything Help with motherboard change starts per normal scandisk After exiting scandisk it says it is loading setup files and then I get an error message that states quot Standard Mode Invalid DPMI return from B EC quot Then I get the E prompt with Help with motherboard change no further action Everything I know to check is correct The bios recognizes the HD and CD It also recognizes the proper CPU Any idea what I am doing wrong Never experienced this type of problem before I work grave shift and am about to go to bed but will look up responses when I wake up this evening Sure appreciate any help you may give This one has me stumped Thanks again Jim nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hey I'm new to all this and want to upgrade my computer to 4Gb Ram as well as buy a good graphics card,the graphics cards I've been looking at are all DDR3 or higher,but my pc has DDR2.So what do i need to do,will i need to change my motherboard? Thanks

A:Do i Need to change my Motherboard?

Short answer: It depends.

Graphics card memory and PC memory are two separate things.

The DDR3 memory on graphics cards is independent to what your dektop PC has installed. The DDR3 memory modules on graphics cards are part of the card. Separate to the PC's memory.

You will however, need DDR2 for the PC. DDR3 doesn't fit into DDR2 slots.

With your PC you might be out of luck as it looks like that motherboard/model only supports up to 2GB

http://www.upgradecomputermemory.com...AM-Memory.html

http://www.datamemorysystems.com/Com...sario-SR5027UK

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/189557-do-i-need-change-my-motherboard.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hey yall, i have a question for you......

i have recently had the GA-8IPE1000 (2.0) Intel 865PE chipset and something has gone wrong to force me to get a new mobo.
so i have some questions of to what i should get.... i need socket 478 motherboard and i have been looking at these in particular

ASUS p4p800-se
ASUS p4p800-e
or getting the same mobo. b/c i heard that it is a pain in the A** to reinstall al the drivers on the new mobo.....

any suggestions?

A:motherboard change what should i do?

Ti.boneair said:

hey yall, i have a question for you......

i have recently had the GA-8IPE1000 (2.0) Intel 865PE chipset and something has gone wrong to force me to get a new mobo.
so i have some questions of to what i should get.... i need socket 478 motherboard and i have been looking at these in particular

ASUS p4p800-se
ASUS p4p800-e
or getting the same mobo. b/c i heard that it is a pain in the A** to reinstall al the drivers on the new mobo.....

any suggestions?Click to expand...

same mobo is the easiest route, if you get a different one chances are a fresh format and install of your os and everything else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-change-what-should-i-do.341140/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a 433i Emachine, with a Florida TG Micro ATX motherboard, It is an Intel Socket 370 with an Intel Celleron processor of 400Mhz. My question is can I upgrade to a better motherboard and if so how do I make sure I match the placement of my Emachine case....

Thanks

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all,

I have a machine with a Gigabyte X58A Ud3 in, because I think that it's faulty I'd like to upgrade it to the X58a UD5.

Can I do this without grief? Is it a simple matter of swapping it out, plug in original devices update bios, MB drivers and go, boot up with original c drive?

Am I being optimistic? Could I trash my existing setup?

Thanks

James

A:can I change my motherboard

James, Yes it is most likely possible to change your motherboard out BUT. It does require a bit of technical knowhow as the memory and the cpu will have to be moved to the new motherboard and moving the cpu and cooler is not for the faint of heart. Unless your young and have steady hands and good eyes. It can get sticky uninstalling and moving the cpu to the new motherboad. Damn those pins on the cpu are small

Regarding your hard disk, That could be a problem as the new motherboard has different drivers and such.

But I have seen the hard disk moved to a new mb with a minimum of fuss. First you must backup all of your data and save any install programs with the validation codes or serial numbers.

Also, according to the OEM license. when you change the mb on an oem computer, you need a new copy of windows but if you have a regular copy of windows ie.. full version then you can install it on the new mb.

The most important thing is good backups...

Good luck and may the force be with you

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232373-can-i-change-my-motherboard.html
Relevancy 68.8%

On a HP Media Center m1160n can the motherboard be used in another computer once it has been installed. The motherboard went out and it was replaced with a new one. The cost was to high and the guy who put it in said it cannot be used in another pc. Just wanting to know if that is true. Thank you for any info on this.

Relevancy 68.8%

Basically Last week downloaded the new BF demo and realised that finally after years of loyal service and dedication the sun had begun to set on change Motherboard help!!! my GeForceMX and it was time for a new card Anyway after a week Motherboard change help!!! of trawling through endless etailers i found the card that i wanted and NVidiaGeForce GT MB etc etc Now when checking out my PC to see if it could actually handle such a card i realised that my motherboard only supported x AGP which as you guys know out there is not the x that is required of this generation of card Seeing that i really don t want to get a card any older than this because i want it to last me a few years at least i have come to the conclusion that infact i am going to have to purchase another AGP supporting motherboard obviously of x As this is expensive and not to say the least bloody complicated i was wondering if any of you bright sparks out there may have any other solutions ok this is my pc http support packardbell com uk mypc index php sernr yeah i know its years old but it hasnt faulted me yet lol anyway thanks for reading and some intelligent advice would be greatly appreciated thanks guys p s o yeah also like- if a motherboard change is the only option can you tell me at least where to start because i am way out of my depth- i e what i need in my new motherboard apart from agp x lol and how to replace my old one with it thanks again nbsp

A:Motherboard change help!!!

What's your budget?

I think the answers will largely depend on how much money you want to put into this project.

If you are looking for a graphics upgrade and you are replacing your mobo consider moving to a board with PCI-Express graphics. That would give you a longer life to your investment and the graphics boost is nice indeed. Of course, if you go that far you are probably looking at a new processor and memory as well.

Also, what size power supply do you currently have? Newer graphics cards need more power and most stock computers don't supply much of that.

- Bob

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-change-help.27251/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a intel d845glly motherboard on my pc. Can i replace it with a better one? If yes, plz specify the model.

Relevancy 67.94%

My old motherboard (MSI [email protected] MSI Global ? Mainboard - P4M900M2-L) was not working as in the display was blank and no signal was being recieved by the monitor. So I went shopping and they sold me a new motherboard (MSI G31TM-P31 MSI Global ? Mainboard - G31TM-P31). After i installed the new motherboard, i turned on the system and the blue light was on and the fan was spinning. after a short while the fan started spinning much faster. So I went ahead and tested the processor on another computer and it was working properly. The processor is a Pentium Dual-Core (I will post model number if requested since it's a bit hard to take off with the fan and all).

What should i do? is it an incompatible motherboard? since the motherboard doesnt have onboard speakers, it doesnt make any sound either. Thanks in advance

A:Motherboard change. Won't boot up

CPU: Pentium Dual-Core
Conroe SLA8X E2200
FSB: 200MHz
Speed: 2.20GHz

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/186987-motherboard-change-wont-boot-up.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My current MB is Sata II and usb 2.0. I plan a MB swap that will re-use the cpu/memory and associated hardware to get Sata III & USB 3.0 and other updated features.

I hot swap ssd's to either run W10 RTM or W10 insider on this desktop but keep a HDD to use as data for both systems.

Will a repair install work or will I have to clean install W10 and install all my apps/programs.

What will this do to activation since "hardware" changed and the ability to get back on insider?

A:Consquences of Motherboard change out

Read this post, will throw some light on this subject....
My Windows 10 Online Support Experience with Activation. : Windows10

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38785-consquences-motherboard-change-out.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My question is, I'm planing on installing a new motherboard to my desktop as I found out the mobo in my desktop now doesn't support newer graphic cards. Not even half-new graphic cards even. Recently bought a GeForce GTX 750 ti Strix OC Edition model and my motherboard can't handle it. So I need a new motherboard. My question is, do I need a whole new case too or will a micro-ATX mobo work in my current case? Thanks in advance./Wind

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-I-have-to-change-my-case-if-I-buy-a-new-motherboard/td-p/5749901
Relevancy 67.94%

i have a dee optiplex gx 280 and i have 8 gb ram and a navida quatro 1 gb video card and seagate 500 gb harddrive i put in liquid cooling and a bigfoot 1gb enternet card got 2 sony dvd rewriters and the stock power supply just need to know if i can upgrade the cpu i like the pc it is working fine just would like to make it all it can be im running windows 7 ultimate and got good scores on proformance test
processor: 4.2
memory (ram): 5,2
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming graphics:4.7
primary hard drive:5.9
what would help othere then buying a new pc please help

A:Can I change my CPU without buying a new motherboard?

What's your motherboard model and what CPU do you have at the moment?

Also what do you use the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-change-my-cpu-without-buying-a-new-motherboard.179508/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi

My desktop system came with an OEM version of Vista Home Premium installed. This has since been upgraded to Ultimate.

Unfortunately the mother board has developed a fault and I will have to replace it.

The original motherboard is no longer available (manufacturer gone bust I think) so I have to replace it with a different make.

According to searches on Microsoft, to continue using an OEM version of vista any change of mother board must be of the same make and type as installed on the original system the OS version was licensed to.

If this is true I will have to purchase a full version of Vista or try and get another OEM version with a motherboard. (VERY expensive so not an option)

Has anyone had the same problem and know if this is true or know of a way round this.

Regards

Copperfield

A:OEM System change of motherboard

Hello Copperfield,

Sometimes if you use the same brand of motherboards you will still be able to use the same OEM Vista on it, but you will have to check with the OEM manufacturer to be sure though.

You could get a cheaper upgrade version and use this method below to install if you end up having to buy a retail copy.

Clean Install From Upgrade Vista

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/203010-oem-system-change-motherboard.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Do I have to change the cooler when I am replacing my motherboard from an Intel motherboard to an AMD one?

Relevancy 67.94%

The G6 series has 2 different motherboard setups one is standard and one has a secondary graphics card or dual graphics. I would like to know on my G6-2209au if it is possible to switch out the motherboard and get dual graphics. I have just replaced the APU processor and saw the space for where the chip would be and the different fan needed too cool both chips. IT seems possible but not sure. If anyone knows please let me know thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Possible-to-change-motherboard-in-G6-2209au/td-p/5615509
Relevancy 67.94%

Apologies if this has been asked Change motherboard Vista on before - I recently decided to upgrade my processor on a Vista PC requiring a new motherboard With Xp this used to be relatively simple - ensure you have the Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller Change motherboard on Vista installed switch hardware and install new drivers With Vista however this was the beginning Change motherboard on Vista of a huge nightmare The rebuilt system would simply not boot - It started the process got to the progress bar very briefly and then just restarted the Change motherboard on Vista PC I spent a whole day scouring the net for solutions I saw plenty of questions but no answers The new Vista boot-time repair is a joke - It takes about two hours and then leaves the system exactly as it was There is no more Repair Install as there was in XP It seems that the only way round is to clean install everything from scratch entailing hours and days of work Has Microsoft screwed its users AGAIN If there is a reliable method for performing this procedure I sure would be grateful to hear about it nbsp

A:Change motherboard on Vista

Does this machine have a OEM OS tied to the original Motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-motherboard-on-vista.721527/
Relevancy 67.94%

I currently use a computer that has a Foxconn 661MXPLUS motherboard but it has no audio. I need to change out the motherboard but hope to be able to use the existing CD Drives, Memory and HD.

Is there a sure fire reference that I can use to accomplish that?

This board has an integrated processor. Will that make a difference.

You can probably tell, I am not the sharpest tack in the drawer when it comes to computer repair/configuration.

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi ,

I have a PIII pc 256ram which is using wins ME and keep having wins errors and wants to change it to wins 2000 but I have lost the motherboard drivers CD.
I went to the Motherboard maker website and downloaded the :
1. Soundcard driver
2. Modem driver
3. VGA driver

I was only able to download from US site and unable to download from Taiwan site ,is there any difference.
Can I know is there any other drivers that I need to download before I am Fully equiped with the drivers to change the OS.

Thanks .

Relevancy 67.94%

Hey guys,

I just changed to a different motherboard because my other one broke and now I can't boot my Windows 7, understandably though. How can I make it work? I launched the setup repair which didn't help but I am now looking at the console. I am able to open regedit and load the SYSTEM hive and control the services in ControlSet001. Which drivers should I try playing with there to make it work?

My system:
CPU = Q6600
RAM = 2*2GB DDR-II
HD = SATA II 750GB
Old motherboard = GIGABYTE P35 DS3L rev 2.0
New motherboard = GIGABYTE G41M ES2L
Power supply = 520W pure
Video card = Sapphire HD 4870 1GB Toxic

Any idea what I should do? I really don't want to format my HD and install Windows again.

Thanks!

A:BSOD After Motherboard Change

Quote: Originally Posted by giaviv

Hey guys,

I just changed to a different motherboard because my other one broke and now I can't boot my Windows 7, understandably though. How can I make it work? I launched the setup repair which didn't help but I am now looking at the console. I am able to open regedit and load the SYSTEM hive and control the services in ControlSet001. Which drivers should I try playing with there to make it work?

My system:
CPU = Q6600
RAM = 2*2GB DDR-II
HD = SATA II 750GB
Old motherboard = GIGABYTE P35 DS3L rev 2.0
New motherboard = GIGABYTE G41M ES2L
Power supply = 520W pure
Video card = Sapphire HD 4870 1GB Toxic

Any idea what I should do? I really don't want to format my HD and install Windows again.

Thanks!

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167624-bsod-after-motherboard-change.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Windows 7 Premium installed from an upgrade disk. Also have a X64 bite version of Win7 disk. My question is can I change my motherboard with an Intel base cpu and use the X64 Win7 and the product key, which is valid for both?

A:change motherboard and activation

Changing the MB usually is considered a new computer. You may have to call MS to activate with the same key number if it will not activate online normally.

Activate Windows 7 by Phone

Several other posts on the subject and in most cases, MS went along with the request.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/103480-change-motherboard-activation.html
Relevancy 67.94%

please help my nightmare... I recently attempted to change my computer case and in the process fried my motherboard (Abit PC-7) long story... i went out immediately and got a new one (intel d865gbf). the problem I am encountering is that now the bios is loading up and the drives are recognized in the bios, but when i boot from the windows disk it won't recognize them. this is in regards to the setup windows/repair options screen. before the problem i had 2 separate boots (one for audio work, the other for general use) and each one had a separate drive and os to load from. now nothing loads up. if i try to boot from the drives it just says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" does anyone have any ideas??

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I am just about to change the motherboard on my PC. i have been looking at...

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

...to check the procedure, but I have got a little confused.

I am running XP Home off one single IDE drive. I wish to continue using this drive as my master (and only) drive. Would I simply go through points 1 --> 22 on the first list of the afore mentioned site? The re-installation of windows malarkey is confusing me...

Cheers,
T

Relevancy 67.94%

hey guys so the pc that i have is this one HP Pavilion Elite HPE- f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Support Now the motherboard recently died on it so i was considering replacing it with this board instead MSI GXM-G my the pc's i of can layout motherboard? change AM AMD GX x SATA Gb s USB HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg com However I see no problems with replacing the board itself but the question i have pertains to the case itself In that particular case the motherboard can i change the layout of my pc's motherboard? is actually mounted on the left side so the pcie slots are currently sitting ABOVE the processor the ram and the main fan Now my question is this Can I modify that case so that the board sits like the usual matx board that i have in my other hp pc which is on the right So basically i want to make the case useable but move the board from the left wall to the right wall with minimal effort if possible Thanks

A:can i change the layout of my pc's motherboard?

Quote: Originally Posted by nabob

hey guys,

so, the pc that i have is this one: HP Pavilion Elite HPE-235f Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP? Support. Now, the motherboard recently died on it, so i was considering replacing it with this board instead: MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3 AMD 890GX 5 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

However, I see no problems with replacing the board itself, but the question i have pertains to the case itself. In that particular case, the motherboard is actually mounted on the left side, so, the pcie slots are currently sitting ABOVE the processor, the ram, and the main fan. Now my question is this: Can I modify that case so that the board sits like the usual matx board that i have in my other hp pc, which is on the right? So basically, i want to make the case useable, but move the board from the left wall to the right wall with minimal effort, if possible?

Thanks

this is the first matx motherboard that i have seen which follows the btx standard of mounting the board on the opposite wall, lol.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373411-can-i-change-layout-my-pcs-motherboard.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey all,

My mobo just failed so I am thinking about attempting a mobo swap without a reinstall.

I found this thread: Change Mobo and Processor without format ? where the OP reported success.

If I can get this working, are there any potential Cons that I should be aware of?

If I do have to reinstall how does the Repair reinstall differ than the Clean reinstall?

I already have all my Personal Files on a separate partition on the HD and I will be using the same processor and RAM. Thanks.

A:Change motherboard without reinstall Win 7 x64

Quote: Originally Posted by nabilalk

Hey all,

My mobo just failed so I am thinking about attempting a mobo swap without a reinstall.

I found this thread: Change Mobo and Processor without format ? where the OP reported success.

If I can get this working, are there any potential Cons that I should be aware of?

If I do have to reinstall how does the Repair reinstall differ than the Clean reinstall?

I already have all my Personal Files on a separate partition on the HD and I will be using the same processor and RAM. Thanks.

You shouldnt even have to do a repair, just install and see if it identifies everything. Have the latest mobo chipset and integrated stuff drivers downloaded and ready to go if you can. If Win7 doesnt recognize the new mobo then a repair is a 2nd option.

From your specs it appears this is a custom or homemade PC... if so you really shouldnt have any issues!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/129023-change-motherboard-without-reinstall-win-7-x64.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to reinstall xp sp Home edition on my older desk top computer as I wanted to upgrade the capacity of hard disk to GB and to eliminate various PC problems My old disk was only GB capacity Here are the specifications for my desk top Desktop is Mesh for which there is no support in the UK it ceased existing a long time ago in UK Mother Board Asus P R -VM Processor unit Intel Pentium chip IXP My old HD which I am replacing is PM - Maxtor Y PO GB capacity My new HD is Quickview Maxtor L PO GB capacity The installation reaches to the stage when it has to write the system files on to the hard disk and it fails The system BIOS recognises P4R800-VM Controller for Driver XP Re-installation Storage motherboard Mass Asus for motherboard the new disk as it is showing it as L PO in the BIOS I have gone through lots of forums and realise that mass storage device driver is not compatible with the new drive or is missing I have even tried to reinstall the system on to the old hard disk to see what happens but it still fails at the same place I do not have manufacturers disk of drivers for my desk top as it came only with recovery disk and no drivers disk I have found all the drivers chip set vga etc from Asus site but do Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation not know which driver is for mass storage Device there Or should it be from Intel site If so what the name would be Please help to get correct mass storage device driver on a floppy disk as I can only insert the driver in the installation process at RAID drivers insertion point I cannot clon old HD either as the drive is already formatted I was trying to reinstall the system first onto the old drive to correct the errors When that did not work I bought Quickview maxtor drive with higher capacity But still I cannot reinstall on the new drive I have an original XP SP Cd from another PC and I downloaded the installation programme on floppy disks from Microsoft site But even this combination does not install the system In this way the system tells me in the middle of the installation that the system cannot copy the file plugin ocx obviously this particular file is not available on the xp sp CD I have I don t know how to obtain it and from where In the end the system cann not copy the files on the hard drive and fails Sorry for the long post as I wanted to explain where I am at the moment in ths process Would be grateful for any advice in this matter nbsp

A:Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

Almost a word for word copy & paste from THIS forum post made in 2014
@muckshifter the bus inspector should be along soon

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/mass-storage-controller-driver-for-asus-motherboard-p4r800-vm-motherboard-for-xp-re-installation.4069314/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi (a post after a long time)
I've a F90M motherboard (with intel 915G chipset - i gues chipset doesn't have to do anything with front panel connections, but ... ). It came out of Acer 3700GX PC (i think its a bit old ).
Ok, now i'm trying to put it in a standard larger ATX casing. I've fitted it in and everything works fine except the front panel connections. I cannot identify the front panel connections and could only manage to identify the power switch pins on the motherboard.

I've searched over internet and couldn't find a manual of the motherboard (found manual for the PC on www.nodevice.com but it doesn't tell how to connect front panel)

so can you guys please suggest me the connections for front panel LEDs, Audio and USB.

and i really believe that you TSG guys are up to it

Thanks in advance

A:Identify motherboard's front panel connections | PC Acer 3700GX | Motherboard F90M

no replies????

is it such a hard/stupid question??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identify-motherboards-front-panel-connections-pc-acer-3700gx-motherboard-f90m.840211/
Relevancy 67.94%

I've been looking for the front panel pin layout on the Dell Dual Xeon Motherboard with Dell P/N: 0WN7Y6 (it is a # zero, W, N, #7, Y, #6). 
The front panel connector is 27-pin...28 spots with one pin left blank. The pin layout isn't included in the manual and I'm trying to boot two of these motherboards without the 27-pin connector. I just need to know which pins need to be jumpered in order to test for boot to BIOS.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Motherboard- P/N 0WN7Y6 Dual Xeon Motherboard Front Panel Pin Layout

Dell doesn't make the front panel connector pin-outs public. So unless you map them yourself or somebody else has done it...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996055
Relevancy 67.94%

I could use some creative customer service here. My M3800 shipped with the known power-on motherboard defect. It was replaced at no charge, which was very nice. However, the replacement (2nd motherboard!) is now having the same intermittent dead / no power problem.
To get the computer running, I have to remove the case (12 screws) and un-plug the internal battery to 're-set' the electrical fault. After I put it back together, the computer starts normally. This is not very convenient, especially when meeting with new clients.
The problem is that I am being told I am outside the 3-month repair warranty. I think this stinks! It's a known issue and I would like someone at Dell to step up make my expensive computer work normally all of he time.
Yes, I have run every diagnostic known to man and the internet.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986464
Relevancy 67.51%

Guys need some help here My motherboard died on me and so I had to change it together with the processor and RAM motherboard Win reinstall 7 not start will change after or as there were no socket motherboards available locally However Win blue screens every time on start up but very briefly so I can't see the error message Win repair then kicks in but finds nothing wrong so Win 7 will not start or reinstall after motherboard change it goes round and round like that ad infinitum All the repair methods I have found require that you work within windows which is patently stupid if you want to repair because you can't get windows to work - it's a bit like trying to open a box with a tool that's inside it I tried a new install which has backed up my old Windows as Windows old and it goes though all the paces but then refuses to accept the activation code I am now stuck with a non functioning PC and am scared to add anything in the future in case of this type of thing What can I do to recover the old Windows installation Les

A:Win 7 will not start or reinstall after motherboard change

Hello Les, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Is activation your only issue at this point?

It's not activating since you changed the motherboard, CPU, and RAM. It thinks you have installed it on a new computer with it still installed and activated on the old computer (motherboard etc...).

If you have a retail copy of Windows 7, then you should be able to do a phone activation, wait for the operator (if need be), and let them know that you changed out the motherboard, CPU, and RAM.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185992-win-7-will-not-start-reinstall-after-motherboard-change.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have just put in a new motherboard and processor and now my Windows 10 states that it is no longer active. I have tried the trouble shooter and it errors out.

A:Had to change out Motherboard and not windows will not activate

I had a similar problem and what I had to do was contact. The PC manufacturer and get the installation disk for Windows sent to me, it was about $29. HP has one for every serial number that they have sold. I imagine the other manufacturers do as well.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434809-had-change-out-motherboard-not-windows-will-not-activate.html
Relevancy 67.51%

right changed my motherboard and thats all, plugged everything in where its meant to go... turned on pc
something about boot device changed came up, i pressed f1 to continue, came up with password screen and my background.

nothing else popped up after logging in other than something asking my to activate windows :S

its already bloody active!

what does this mean, have i lost all my old documents etc.from my HDD? or what? help

if i re-build my old set-up will my HDD still be okay?

thanks alot

A:windows activation after motherboard change

If you change a hardware device you will have to re-activate your Windows installation. Call Microsoft & explain the situation. They'll see if it's legit & give you a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-activation-after-motherboard-change.38953/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all I have been using W pro retail after change motherboard Performance issues on an asus p deluxe motherboard Performance issues after motherboard change for some time recently I have had video outages which I eventually narrowed down to a psu failure the board would startup drives and fans spinning but no post or video - as if the entire back panel was knoced out In the interim I have a motherboard with integrated gpu - a gigabyte g m-es h It did the same syptoms as described above which told me it was a psu not a gpu issue which I first thought To eliminate any doubt I also re-installed W afrer easy transfer all the users I only have the Performance issues after motherboard change base system and MS office installed now until I clear up some of these niggles I have the following issues Upon booting W seems to spend a long time looking for the network connection wheras on my old board it never used to anything up to a minute and while its doing this it Performance issues after motherboard change takes over the machine so nothing else will work Screen flicker and poor display performance from one of the user accounts I have three user accounts admin admin myself and my partner regular the screen is a samsung syncmaster B with optimal resolution set to x On the admin and myself account I can have the screen set to x with no problems however on partner account I get issues with flickering and loss of resolution I've tried to update the drivers from the intel website but this has not solved anything making me think that it is something in the user profile which is upsetting matters When we set the display to x it's fine and behaves ok Windows update at times refuses to update it's all up to date now but it threw up some interesting error messages If you could shed some light on these strange occurences that would be very helpful Gigabyte G M-es H onboard graphics with Intel GMA controller Intel Q cpu WD black gb drive WD green gb drive backups music et al Windows Professional Retail Samsung syncmaster B monitor quot native resolution x

A:Performance issues after motherboard change

For a start why are you using an RC Build, 7100, its well out of date.
It should be Version 6.1 (7600)

Look at my specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/119410-performance-issues-after-motherboard-change.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I had a motherboard that messed up on me. would not give any output at all. so i put in a new motherboard, put in new ram that was compatable, and put in a new pentium 4 dual core. the computer now runs through the start up process and everything it is supposed to. however when it hits the windows start up screen it just reboots the computer. i reinstalled windows xp but it still has the same problem. does anyone know what the problem could be? please help thank you

A:XP wont boot after motherboard ram and cpu change

For a quick solution..try this. Tap F8 on boot, then boot "last know good configuration". See what happens. If that doesn't work wait for someone else to respond. If it does work, make sure you install the new mobo driver.s

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-wont-boot-after-motherboard-ram-and-cpu-change.85726/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I came into possession of a quite powerful, but last-gen, PC that came installed with Windows XP Pro OEM. Now at the moment I can't afford to upgrade all the internal parts so I chucked in a new graphics card to help it along and I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro. My question is, in the future when I can afford proper upgrades will I be able to change the motherboard? I know that with XP OEM that was not allowed, but now it's been upgraded to Windows 8 is it allowed or is it still forbidden?

A:Upgraded to Windows 8, can I change the motherboard?

Hello Spinner, and welcome to Eight Forums.

A Windows 8 Pro upgrade copy uses a retail key, so yes you will be able to install it on any computer/motherboard you like so long as it's uninstalled from any others first.

Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20297-upgraded-windows-8-can-i-change-motherboard.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello, i have ideapad z500 with gt 740m gpu. My gpu is break down. I want to change gpu but it isnt change because it is onboard. I have yo change my motherboard. The question is can i change my motherboard which includes higher gpu? Is there a compatible motherboard for z500? Sorry for my English

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-z500-motherboard-change/td-p/3332140
Relevancy 67.51%

I am looking to upgrade my motherboard, but keep my current hard drive and the content on it (due to having alot of programs and software plugins on it). I am running Windows 7 32 bit with and AMD Phenom II x2 CPU. My current motherboard is one I went to when my compaq desktop died a while ago and I wanted to upgrade my operating system and hard drive capacity anyway. So, the first link below is the motherboard I have and the second link is the motherboard I am looking at upgrading to (since the two are somewhat comparable in specs/give or take a few things). Any suggestions or help is welcome. Thanks!

1) My current motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135246

2) Motherboard I am looking to purchase
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128394

Relevancy 67.51%

On a Win XP machine you could delete the registry keys under HKLM\Enum as the last step before removing the MB and when the new MB was installed the Plug & Play would install the your hardware drivers and properly configure the new MB.

Is there a similar process that will work with Win 7? There is no HKLM\Enum key in Win 7 registry. There is a HKLM\System\Control Set 001\Enum.

A:registry change before changing motherboard?

Method #1 here,

Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/171057-registry-change-before-changing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 67.51%

How can i get my Windows xp to boot with my new motherboard? I know that the drivers that are currently installed on the hard drive are different but my old mobo died and i don't want to risk loosing my programs installed. So my main question is how can i get it to boot without formatting/reinstalling windows xp? 

A:Windows XP issues after Motherboard change

What is the error message? Is a BSOD with code 0x7B?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566671/windows-xp-issues-after-motherboard-change/
Relevancy 67.51%

If I reinstall windows after I replace a motherboard will It let me register windows again since it is already registered?

Relevancy 67.51%

Being that CPU are getting faster by the pico second what do you see the future will bring to the present motherboard architecture?
Do you see a totally new design or types of motherboards?
Do you see using different materials for electrical tracing?
Do you think we have maxed out the present motherboards speed?
Do you see home computers in closets & wireless remotes all over your house?

These are just a few burning questions I have...
What are your thoughts about what will happen in the next 5 or more years?

Iggy in the cool part of Arizona....

A:Computer motherboard Architecture change

Quote:
Do you see a totally new design or types of motherboards?
Do you see using different materials for electrical tracing?
Do you think we have maxed out the present motherboards speed?
Do you see home computers in closets & wireless remotes all over your house?

I think the ATX standard will be around for some time so I don't see new design or types of motherboards. But I do see where many of today's PC users will get rid of their computer and move solely to their smart phones.

Different materials? No. Tracings? Fiber is already being tested so maybe some boards may go light for the buses.

Maxed out speeds? No.

Computers in closets? Already there. Many new homes come pre-wired and use a server for streaming music, video, and data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/52495-computer-motherboard-architecture-change.html
Relevancy 67.51%

trying to get past the bios password so far i have tried the steps above with no success . Thank You for you previous help and future help if you can.

A:had to change motherboard and the replacement has a password...

Hi, The machine has a InsydeH20 bios, so at the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a 'halt code' - post back with this code. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/had-to-change-motherboard-and-the-replacement-has-a-password/td-p/5650910
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I have asus p5q for now and 2X320Gb sata drives in Raid 0. For example of my motherboard failure , can i then use this raid array on another motherboard and pc.

Can I even use this raid on the same model motherboard.If so will this motherboard recognise drives automaticaly or i still need to create raid using on-board-raid-controler software that i used to make raid first.

A:Does Raid Works When I Change Motherboard

Same motherboard should be no problem.

Equal (same chipset) motherboard, might work.

Different chipset motherboard, likely a redo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-raid-works-when-i-change-motherboard.114988/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have had a motherboard blow on one of XP change to reinstalling motherboard a without Any utilities allow our business systems I have changed it out with another totally different model and as a result have had to install a different graphics card non-integrated to integrated both had intel chipsets totally different ones Are there any freeware utilities or methods to change out the chipset and graphics drivers under windows XP to more generic ones so I don t have to go through hours of reinstallations along with all the required re-verfication of the software that results after a fresh install Some of the companies I had software through are bankrupt so I am uncertain how that will work anyway Obviously I can t just boot up system reboots right after the AGP driver is loaded safe mode and VGA modes don t work I have seen some mention of utilites for this purpose but would Any utilities to allow a motherboard change without reinstalling XP really like to know if there are any low cost or freeware solutions to change out the boot list in windows XP Thank You Ryan nbsp

A:Any utilities to allow a motherboard change without reinstalling XP

Don't know of any utilities, but you should be able to do a repair install of Windows. This shouldn't affect any installed programs or data, but always a good idea to have it all backed up just in case.

Replace Motherboard on a Windows XP System

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-utilities-to-allow-a-motherboard-change-without-reinstalling-xp.823439/
Relevancy 67.08%

Okay, so as the topic title implies, for the life of me, I cannot figure out which motherboard model I'm supposed to get for this Dell Inspiron 1300 here. Only info I have is that it has the Centrino sticker on the palm rest of the case, and I also have the service tag, but that doesn't seem to give me much information from what I've found.

I've taken the motherboard out of the thing and looked it over, but no luck, as I don't see the model number on it.

Will someone please tell me how I'm supposed to figure out the motherboard model number so I can get a new one?

A:Dell Inspiron 1300: Bad motherboard, but which motherboard do I order?

You can search by the service tag number

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1300-bad-motherboard-but-which-motherboard-do-i-order.135108/
Relevancy 67.08%

hey guys, does anyone if there are any other drivers for this board? i'm looking at this page after selecting 'driver' and 'win7 64 bit'. http://gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3166&dl=1#dl i only see 'audio', 'chipset' 'LAN' and 'RAID'. on the other boards i've seen, the driver software was much more comprehensive and contained several different pieces of software.

what's the main driver i need to install after installing win7 for the motherboard? just wondering if i'm missing something and need to install something else for the 'main features'? or are there main features found in the BIOS before win7 boots up? how does win7 recognise the board btw? does the board have drivers built in already? how can winxp recognise mboards that have been made very recently?

thanks guys

A:Gigabyte motherboard: P55M-UD4 some questions on motherboard software

Those are all the drivers you need, and really all any motherboard needs to work. You also have some Utilities under the drop down menu of "Download Type" but these are optional tweaking and similar utilities not required for proper operation of the system. Any version of Windows will have limited driver support, enough to install and run until the correct drivers are installed, or for a SATA or RAID controller under Windows XP drivers are loaded via the F6 prompt during the initial stages of the XP install to allow it to detect the hard drive. There are no drivers built into the hardware itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-motherboard-p55m-ud4-some-questions-on-motherboard-software.937530/
Relevancy 67.08%

Well I Just Bought A Broken Emachines I Thought The Capacitors Where Blown But They Look Fine The Problem Is It Wont Post It Has A Via Chipset Thats Probly The Problem I Dont Want To Get The Emachines Replacement Because It Costs 2 Much The Emachine Is A T2200 If Any Body Could Help Me Find A Great Fit Motherboard That You Can Hook Up The Front Usb Port To The Motherboard That Would Be Great It Has A Amd Processor And I Would Like It To Have Onboard Video It Dosent Matter What Ram It Takes

A:Emachines Bad Motherboard Whats A Good Replacement Motherboard

Need a motherboard here too

for the same model that is

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-bad-motherboard-whats-a-good-replacement-motherboard.29980/
Relevancy 66.65%

i have a thinkpad a21e with a 14.4" screen will the motherboard from an a21m 12' work with the a21e, the a21m has a cracked lcd, or could i just change over the 14' a21e to the a21m?

A:thinkpad a21e a21m motherboard change? or 12' lcd ...

It should work with the 12.1" display including its cable. If you'll get problems with it, you additional should replace the display sub-board where the display cable is attached to (next to UltraBay-cage), if the 12.1" - sub-board has a different FRU#.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/thinkpad-a21e-a21m-motherboard-change-or-12-lcd-to-14-lcd-change/td-p/1012551
Relevancy 66.65%

Motherboard and processor failed on Pavilion p6-2133w with AMD A6 3620, AMD Radeon HD 6530D, Windows 10 Pro.I paid Staples Easytech Replaced to replace motherboard and processor with AMD A6 3650.The system is now identified as HP Pavilion p7-1154 Desktop PC -- I did not expect or know the product name would change.I installed AMD Catalyst Driver https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx which recognizes the Acer S201HL display but I still can't increase resolution beyond 640x480.Two questions.First, this may be a dumb question, but is the change from p6-2133w to a p7-1154 an issue?Second, one idea is that the BIOS should be "reset" -- which I thinks is the same as "flash?" -- so that it will recognize the hardware but I can't figure out how to do the reset.Any ideas appreciated.

A:Can't change Pavilion display resolution after motherboard

Greetings, 1. Only if you are in warranty. 2. You can enter 'SETUP" , set BIOS to defaults, and "save and exit". Staples replaced the p6-2133w MB with a similar board  used by HP in a different product number. You should get HD screen resolution. This integrated graphics board may be HP OEM. Remove the AMD graphics driver. Let Win 10 install the driver and see if that helps. Install a discrete graphics card if the AMD GPU is not compatible with Win 10. Cheers!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-t-change-Pavilion-display-resolution-after-motherboard/td-p/5604702
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello nbsp I have a DV dv ev code pavilion laptop and as usual for those series the NVIDIA GPU failed I had stripes on the screed and the resolution was x nbsp I badly tried to reflow DV9500 - motherboard change compatibility Pavillion the chip using a heatgun but i made it worst Now i am thinking to replace the motherboard I find many of them on Ebay but i Pavillion DV9500 motherboard change - compatibility think that they all are reflowed and i will end up to the same issue soon The Part number of the motherboard Pavillion DV9500 motherboard change - compatibility is - I noticed that there are also similar motherboards not having the NVIDIA chip but on-board INTEL graphics The one that i found has p n - I was wondering if this motherboard can replace my original one nbsp to have the Intel graphics instead of Nvidia chip which failed on most of the people Both of the motherboards can use the same Intel CPU from the photos i can see that they have the same connectors etc The only difference that i see is that the second one does not have the NVIDIA chip soldered I attach also some pictures nbsp Does anyone have knowledge on this question Any help will be highly nbsp appreciated nbsp Regards Konstantinos Solved View Solution

A:Pavillion DV9500 motherboard change - compatibility

Yes it will work fine. The mounting holes are in the same place. You might wind up with an empty port or have to use a dremel tool to open up a small hole in the side but the board will work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavillion-DV9500-motherboard-change-compatibility/td-p/2855821
Relevancy 66.65%

AMD graphics issue leading to Motherboard change in HP DV pavillion laptop nbsp When I am trying to start my laptop nothing appears on screen only num lock and cap locks blinks continuosly nbsp When i shown it to local vendor they informed me its a grpahics AMD turion nbsp issue and so i went to authorize HP center aqnd they informed me they currently dont support HP DV year old laptop and hence cant do anything with hardware change nbsp change HP Motherboard leading p... issue AMD DV6 to graphics in nbsp As its a critical part i dont wnat to change it nbsp from local vendor and HP is not able nbsp to help AMD graphics issue leading to Motherboard change in HP DV6 p... I am bit confused that for HP laptop AMD graphics issue leading to Motherboard change in HP DV6 p... if i dont get support from HP nbsp then who wil dell or apple nbsp even if they have withdrawn the product atleast for such crucial hardware change they should support the laptop user as i cant go and change it form anywhere is it mistake to trut authroize center nbsp Please suggest nbsp Thanks Kapil nbsp HP DV laptop modelAMD turion graphics nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/AMD-graphics-issue-leading-to-Motherboard-change-in-HP-DV6/td-p/5614395
Relevancy 66.65%

I have motherboard change not 3030 Laserjet detected after Hp an XP-Pro desktop computer to which an HP Laserjet is connected The XP-Pro machine has users one being member of Admin group and other a Hp Laserjet 3030 not detected after motherboard change restricted user other laptop computers on my home network all XP pro have the same user settings and connect to this printer which is shared Now some days back I had a motherboard failure and had to change the motherboard Hp Laserjet 3030 not detected after motherboard change I put an Intel DG TY Unfortunately the Intel install DVD was scratched by my computer person and would not be read I downloaded the drivers for Chipset Graphics LAN and audio and installed them Everything went well I did not even have to activate my license again I have a External Maxtor USB connected for backup to the desktop and this installed without any problem But the HP Laserjet is just not getting detected I uninstalled the software and the printer But when I plugin the USB cable nothing happens I changed the cable but same effect I connected the printer to my laptop and it was immediately detected I think there is some problem of old driver still being there Can someone help me out If more details are needed I can give There was a problem of quot USB device not recognised quot flashing now and then on the desktop I think I have solved that by removing everything under USB Controllers and a number of things under System Devices and installing again But that did not help in the printer problem nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

hey i have intel g33 chipset and dual core processor i just want to know can i change my chipset by just replacing my motherboard which support my processor. for ex core2duo processor support g33 chipset as well as g41 chipset

A:can i change my intel chipset by just replacing motherboard

A new motherboard might have a different chipset. The chipset is part of the motherboard specifications.

You need to ensure that the chipset on any new motherboard is compatible with your processor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230078-can-i-change-my-intel-chipset-just-replacing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I appear to have bricked two 657094-001 motherboards in two Compaq Elite 8300 SFF.  On both occasions I noticed the sata controller in the bios was set to IDE. I changed to AHCI and as expected Win 10 blue screened. Not a problem I will just switch back to IDE in the bios and take it from there.  This action bricked both motherboards. Bios does not post, Fan's run and get progressively louder. Sometimes the bios appears - perhaps one out of 40 boots and I have jumped into the bios and flashed but still no boot after a restart. Also tried numerous cmos reset / battery pulls.  I'm at a total loss. I have never bricked two motherboards by switching from IDE to AHCI and this is now getting expensive. Any help ? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Bricked-Elite-8300-SFF-Motherboard-after-change-from-IDE-to/td-p/5689844
Relevancy 66.65%

I appear to have bricked two 657094-001 motherboards in two Compaq Elite 8300 SFF.  On both occasions I noticed the sata controller in the bios was set to IDE. I changed to AHCI and as expected Win 10 blue screened. Not a problem I will just switch back to IDE in the bios and take it from there.  This action bricked both motherboards. Bios does not post, Fan's run and get progressively louder. Sometimes the bios appears - perhaps one out of 40 boots and I have jumped into the bios and flashed but still no boot after a restart. Also tried numerous cmos reset / battery pulls.  I'm at a total loss. I have never bricked two motherboards by switching from IDE to AHCI and this is now getting expensive. Any help ? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Elite-8300-SFF-Bricked-no-bios-boot-after-change-from-IDE-to/td-p/5689844
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello there,

My motherboard and CPU were bad, so I changed them out for new ones:

Old board/CPU

ASUS M5A78L M USB 3
FX6300

New board/CPU

Intel Core i5 4460]
Gigabyte Z97 D3H

I was expecting for Windows to crash, and it did, but then it loaded the new drivers, and it shut off, then loaded and was working. I had to phone up to get activated - that was all good. But ever since this, there is no option to put my PC to sleep.

The only thing I can think of, is that the power switch LED is not plugged in properly/or to the right port or the power switch. Other than this, how can I fix my problem? Cheers, qwertyK

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390808-no-sleep-option-windows-7-after-motherboard-change.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi All

I have a Qosmio G30 and as usual ive had all the graphics problem motherboard problems and all but they are now fixed (though my HD DVD drive is not working!)
I am not sure what my current motherboard is but i think its Intel® 945PM Express chipset and i wanted to replace it with something better so that i can get a better processor.

Is this possible and if so what can i purchase to replace my current motherboard. Or could i just replace the processor to something better?

Also does ne1 else have a "CD Rom Error" on boot???? (HD DVD problem)

Thanks

Damn!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/qosmio-g30-wanting-to-change-the-motherboard-n-processor.883826/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an XP-Pro desktop computer to which an HP Laserjet is connected The XP-Pro machine has users one not change detected Laserjet after motherboard 3030 Hp being member of Admin group and other a restricted Hp Laserjet 3030 not detected after motherboard change user other Hp Laserjet 3030 not detected after motherboard change laptop computers on my home network all XP pro have the same user settings and connect to this printer which is shared Now some days back I had a motherboard failure and had to change the motherboard I put an Intel DG TY Unfortunately the Intel install DVD was scratched by my computer person and would not be read I downloaded the drivers for Chipset Graphics LAN and audio and installed them Everything went well I did not even have to activate my license again I have a External Maxtor USB connected for backup to the desktop and this installed without any problem But the HP Laserjet is just not getting detected I uninstalled the software and the printer But when I plugin the USB cable nothing happens I changed the cable but same effect I connected the printer to my laptop and it was immediately detected I think there is some problem of old driver still being there Can someone help me out If more details are needed I can give There was a problem of quot USB device not recognised quot flashing now and then on the desktop I think I have solved that by removing everything under USB Controllers and a number of things under System Devices and installing again But that did not help in the printer problem

A:Hp Laserjet 3030 not detected after motherboard change

Go to Start/Printers and Faxes. If the printer is there, right click and Delete it. Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs uninstall any printer software. With the Printer attached, go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. Are there any devices with yellow flags? Or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? If so, right click it and uninstall it. Unplug the USB cable from the computer end and restart the computer. Download the driver for the printer from the HP site and install that during the install, it will tell you when to plug in the USB cable. This should install. Now right click it and Share it again. On the Remote computers log into this computer from the remotes by going to Start/Run and typing \\[computername] this should open the shares, right click the Shared printer and choose Connect. This will list the shared printer under printers and faxes again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-laserjet-3030-not-detected-after-motherboard-change-660441.html
Relevancy 65.79%

What if I replace the motherboard with the exact same model BUT change processors? Will I have any issues?
Was in the process of updating the bios. Not sure what I did wrong but it's dead. Have to send it back to super micro. I ordered an identical motherboard. But was updating the bios so I could switch from a quad core westmere chip to a hex.
Everything I have read states the OS is married to the motherboard (Win7 64 OEM). So if I get away with no issues from the motherboard swap, will the processor swap give me issues.
My system is a dual boot ubuntu 64/Win7 setup. I don't want to reinstall if I can help it. Advice would be appreciated.

(thanks admins for correcting this. Didn't mean to hijack that other thread)

A:Replace motherboard with exact same model BUT change processor?

you should not have any problems with Win7 even if its an OEM version. MS can reset if you have to call don't worry, just call them and explain what happened they are not going to crawl through the phone line and tear your head off or anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/172510-replace-motherboard-exact-same-model-but-change-processor.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,
I just installed a new motherboard in my HP desktop. It was the same model mobo and it went smoothly. Upon startup I get a windows logo and then it says loading windows files. Then it says startup failed and when I choose system repair it won't repair. I've tried things I've found on other forums but none of them worked. I'm desperate for your help!
I welcome any and all ideas and advice. Thank you!

A:System repair loop after motherboard change. Windows 7

Why...did you replace the motherboard with an identical replacement?  What was going wrong...and what made you think that a MB replacement would solve it?

Is this topic a continuation of This One ?

Looks to me that you did not purchase/replace with an identical motherboard, going by your previous topic.  "Similar" is not "identical" in my world .

Please pursue the earlier topic you initiated, thereby avoiding unnecessary confusion an possbily conflicting comments from BC members.