Windows Support Forum

My High End Workstation dosent work when I install Windows 7 64bit

Q: My High End Workstation dosent work when I install Windows 7 64bit

Hi,

I have the following workstation configuration :

PROCESSOR - Dual (two processors) - Xeon E5520 8M Cache, 2.26 GHz, 5.86 GT/s Intel? QPI

MOTHERBOARD - Intel Workstation board S5520 SC

GRAPHICS CARD - Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 (986 MB) Dual DVI out

RAM - DDR3 1333 MHz 6 GB (G-Skill)

MONITORS - 2 are connected (Samsung Sync Master 2233 & NEC Accusync LCD 224WXM)

CURRENT OPERATING SYSTEM - Windows XP 64 bit

The problem with the above configuration is that when I try to install Windows 7, the machine freezes (hangs) randomly, I have tried formatting and installing for at-least 4-5 times now but what happens is the setup doesn't work and stops during installation, last time the setup was successful but it hangs the workstation without any reason. I have also tried installing the same CD on other system and it works fine.

Can anybody help me out with the problem!!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My High End Workstation dosent work when I install Windows 7 64bit

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My High End Workstation dosent work when I install Windows 7 64bit

Try going threw this tutorial

Hope this system prep does the trick for you

And welcome to the forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/162500-my-high-end-workstation-dosent-work-when-i-install-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Today my laptop was working fine but then I shut it down and turned it on again, when I turned it back on, after the Starting Windows and windows logo disappear I get a blue screen for half a second then my computer try's to reboot, I've tried to use startup reapir but u just have a crusor with a background, safe mode also crashes, and when Im trying to boot up from my windows 7 USB, it is just stuck on setting up the installtion, please help, if this is a hardware problem im really gonna be Sad, if there is a way to wipe my hard drive please let me know, thanks

A:Windows won't boot, startup won't work, safe mode dosent work

Have you tried a new AC adaptor?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348646-windows-wont-boot-startup-wont-work-safe-mode-dosent-work.html
Relevancy 71.81%

how can i install .NET frame work in my windows 10 64bit os, there was an error that say please check your source file? how can i solve this error

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/07213ca7-848f-41ee-9469-f6245808db65/how-can-i-install-net-frame-work-in-my-windows-10-64bit-os?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 70.52%

I was setting up my network, and when i was finished and enjoying my Internet..... I noticed that my WMP 11 dosent play any files. It says...."Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct"....

The proxy settings are correct.I would try to reinstall WMP but the webstie dosent have it for vista, and i cant access WMP through control panel. Is their a way to reinstall it??? Or does anyone know what files could cause this if interupted.

Relevancy 62.78%

The CD Player works great on music and software.
When I put in a DVD I only get a responce of a disk along side of the curser. After 30 seconds The disk will dissapear.
I have tried the troubleshoot guide that windows has to offer to no avail. The system does show a dvd drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rom-dosent-work-for-old-red.794372/
Relevancy 62.78%

nbsp nbsp Hello nbsp This is my problem I'm trying this command in ways but none dose not work I tryed with cmd normall or with cmd as admin I tried the command differently but I always get this crap quot The syntax of this command is quot nbsp Please tell me what I do wrong I'm GOING CRAZY HERE I use win Net use work on dosent 7 Win x C Windows system gt NET USE S MYSHARENAME Persistent N o The syntax of this command is NET USE devicename computername sharename volume password nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp USER domainname username nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Net use dosent work on win 7 nbsp USER dotted domain name username nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp USER username dotted domain name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SMARTCARD nbsp nbsp Net use dosent work on win 7 nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SAVECRED nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DELETE PERSISTENT YES Net use dosent work on win 7 NO NET USE devicename password HOME NET USE PERSISTENT YES NO C Windows system gt NET USE S WIN-SERV MYSHARENAME Persistent No The syntax of this command is NET USE devicename computername sharename volume password nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp USER domainname username nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp USER dotted domain name username nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp USER username dotted domain name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SMARTCARD nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SAVECRED nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DELETE PERSISTENT YES NO NET USE devicename password HOME NET USE PERSISTENT YES NO C Windows system gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6f0b35af-786d-4488-a33c-908032d2c311/net-use-dosent-work-on-win-7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 62.78%

Well the thing is the CD-drive seems at dosent T_T CD all work HELP! not to work in wondows i tryed everything i knew of restart check up the CD dosent work at all T_T HELP! conectors on the machine go to add new hardware to see if something was wrong And there is CD dosent work at all T_T HELP! the part that started to creep me gt lt it said i dont even have a cd drive O O i mean i tryed to tell it to search for new hardware and it didnt find anything at all So i wanted to do it manualy but windows just dosent have my Cd-Rw drivers in them but because it should have them in in the regular windows driver settings i can t download them from anywhere gt lt Any ideas i heard to delete some specific reg keys should work but i dont think i got all of those that i should so i skiped that thought Oh and the CD-RW works because i tested it on my brothers side of the comp we have two disks and on one there is linux and on the other windows and in linux it works like a charm so nothing wrong with the CDRW-thingy Help ish CD dosent work at all T_T HELP! loved T T nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi ! I just bought Windows 8 Pro and i activated and the personalizing dosent work, it stand it is activated but it dosent work

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/22746-personalize-dosent-work.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Any program that is freeware and i install ir or a cracked program or game or whatever just dont work... i mean when i try to turn it on by clicking the exe icon the mouse pointer becomes the loading kind (hourglass is beside it) and it stays that way for like 3 seconds and nothing happens the mouse pointer just returns to normal

please help i am begging you

A:simply dosent work

EXE File Association Fix (Restore default association for EXE files)
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simply-dosent-work.610639/
Relevancy 62.35%

I cant get speech to work on my windows xp. It keeps telling me about some speech engine. can you help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speech-dosent-work.710821/
Relevancy 62.35%

Problem solved guys i dont know what i did but after i moved my computer to a different room the monitor worked soo heres the story help? more... work dosent any Monitor people so i made this computer and everything worked and such the monitor worked my friend was having trouble w his computer so i took his hdd and installed XP on it for him he wasnt able to his computer monitor was also working fine b this i installed xp on his hdd and mine and gave him his hdd back he hooked it up to his computer and it booted up but his monitor would not turn on and stayed black well it was on but the little light was an amber color so it was on so he brought his computer to my house and hooked it up to my monitor so i could try and figure out was was wrong w it now keep in mind my monitor was working w my computer then the same thing happened to my Monitor dosent work any more... help? monitor as his so i hooked up my computer to it and still the monitor would not quot go on quot so any ideas what is wrong nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-dosent-work-any-more-help.84465/
Relevancy 62.35%

hello, good day,yesterday i used my pc as every usuall day, and suddenly
my mouse stoped function the cruoser dosent move the scroll wheel does but the cruose dosent, i have 2 optical mouse i tryd them both noone workes,i reinstall my mouse drive and installed it back again i tryd system restore and registry fix,
still it dosent work...the mouse turn on it has lights wihch means electricty is active, now why 2 optical mouses dosent move remain big question
last modify thing i did before it happen was replacing windows sounds like when i get in to windows etc...i replace the original sounds with an actuall voice sounds, now it may be that?
please help..
thanks squence.
btw: now i useing my Numpad to move my mouse.+keyboard

my system: windows xp professional
mouse: microsoft PS\2 Port mouse (intelli point)
mouse: optical mouse

A:mouse dosent work!

Shold i aske Douglas EngelBart? (the Mouse inventer) ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-dosent-work-266618.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Realtek ALC883 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M is the name.

I cant get my audio 2 work.
From device manager it dosent have the ? mark so driver shoult by instaild but isent(dosent have the driver option)
From Control panel, Audio and Sound Settings, it says No audio device

I have tryd:
1. Downloaded drivers from realtek
2. Instaild driver from that CD, from where i got bought my CD

My windows is xp sp 3

Relevancy 61.49%

Whenever i click on an app it says class not registered i have tried everything system restore dosent work and i cant run cmd as administrator to change anything apparently both of them have the same problem (class not registered) i even tried download .reg files that didnt work....

ive recently done something and im afraid that might be whats causing the problmes i have a 256gb ssd drive and it was split into 2 local disks C and F .... i downloaded a program called AOMEI and merged them..... of course i formatted Local Disk F before merging, but still could that be whats causing the problem.

Please help this problem has been going on for a LONG time and its really annoying me i live in Libya and we are currently at war thats why i didnt take it to any I.T expert...

and i tried starting in safe mode that also didnt work

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56697-class-not-registered-every-almost-every-app-dosent-work.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hey i was going to uninstall some prgram i have and when i went to the add remove programs the icons that says add/remove are gone, the progrmas are just listed there. i dont know if this has anything to do with it but ive been getting an error with Norton about something WMI update? help thanks

A:Add remove programs dosent work

Hi welcome to TSF

Try a check on your core Windows files ...

With your XP CD in a drive go to Start>Run and type sfc /scannow then press Enter and allow the file checker time to replace any missing or damaged files.

Peter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-dosent-work-70473.html
Relevancy 61.49%

When ever i boot up my game on my computer it dosent have eny audio when i boot it up. If you have a salution please reply thanl you. 

A:Audio on games dosent work

Jayword93, welcome to the forum. When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.  Also, I need to know which operating system you are using.  If you can find the model, let me know the type of computer it is, laptop, desktop, or all in one.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Audio-on-games-dosent-work/td-p/5654403
Relevancy 61.49%

I want to try [SOLVED] 64bit install Will work? 32bit Vista to this the bit [SOLVED] Will this Vista 32bit to 64bit install work? version of Vista before committing to a permanent change from I don't want to dual boot Rather than asking you how I'm hoping you can instead just react to what I think might work I would appreciate any insights I'm using Vista Business bit upgrade retail using gb hd space w apps I have downloads of all bit drivers ready on CD and floppy for nVidia chipset GT oc etc I also purchased bit option DVD from MS for that relies on the same installation key as current install [SOLVED] Will this Vista 32bit to 64bit install work? This is my planned approach Physically disconnect my Vista bit HD Remove gb RAM to avoid gb install issues Boot the bit DVD and point setup to a separate drive I have an older Raptor gb reformatted with NTFS Say quot no quot to entering the key during setup and uncheck Auto Activation box Complete basic install including all bit drivers but without adding programs Reinstall gb and check for stability w gb total Remove gb again just in case Reboot Vista DVD and quot upgrade quot with key but without Auto Activate box checked Reinstall gb RAM and test out all critical applications during unactivated quot trial period quot If satisfied Activate by phone as replacement of if not-step Disconnect drive connect drive boot into Bootit NG and delete version Reconnect drive boot into re-use old bit drive for data etc If not satisfied delete and reconnect Will this work I'm assuming the quot double install quot that works to get a clean install of bit with an upgrade version DVD will work as well with bit

A:[SOLVED] Will this Vista 32bit to 64bit install work?

I went ahead with this this morning. Booting from the dvd offered only a clean install so I did not have to do the repeat install trick. All went well with a glitch free install. When I added back the extra 2gb though I got a BSOD on all bootups (I thought the issue with V64 and 4gb was with installing, not running!).

Updating the Crosshair BIOS to 904 solved that completely. Now running fine with all 4gb seen. Windows Experience Index dropped from 5.5 to 5.4 on the processor, with no change in BIOS settings - don't know why or really care - just curious.

The only problem I've encountered is that PCTools Spy Doctor will not install on Vista 64. Displays message that it is incompatible. Too bad, it is one o the best anti-spy apps. I'll live with it. All other 32 bit apps are automatically installed into an separate x86 Programs folder.

I have a 30 trial period in which to experiment. If all OK, I'll delete 32 bit and activate 64 with same key.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-will-this-vista-32bit-to-64bit-install-work-204199.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello i have a problem whit my oblivion game i have resently bought this game and when i tried to start the game no keys work i try to skip stuff from the begging all cutscene ingame and so and when im supossed to write a name for my character nothing happens when i press my keys.Im running Windows 7 Keyboard is Logitech G11 gaming board plz help me this game is so awesome looking.I really whants to play it please help.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-problem-keys-dosent-work.930662/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey First of all pardon my poor english i hope you will be able to understand me anyway Laptop Lenovo T months old OS Windows Ultimate Disc drive hl-dt-st dvdram gt n Today i burned a dvd disc with ImgBurn the burning went well it ejected the disc as normaly i then closed the tray DVD-drive fail work after burn. dosent again so that imgburn could verify the disc after min were nothing had happened the program was frozen so i shut it down Later when i wanted to format my computer i rebooted with a boot disc nothing happen it just booted windows normaly try again and again but nothing i then tried with a Ubuntu bootdisc nothing again When i try to access my disc drive under my computer it just says D The program cannot be found When i put disc in it in windows mode it just makes the normal sounds it use too and then goes quot dead quot nothing happens and my computer cant see the disc things i have tried so far - I went to Start gt Run gt regedit and remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values from this registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE No upper- or lowerfilter values there - I went to device manager Clicked the arrow next to DVD CD Drives to see my DVD drive Right-clicked the drive name and selected Uninstall Then rebooted again It reinstalled the DVD drive to no avail It loads nothing Changed the boot order so my computer should boot from the disc drive first nothing So I don t really know what to try next Any idears nbsp

A:DVD-drive dosent work after fail burn.

If the boot order is set to optical drive before hard disk and the computer bypasses a bootable disk on boot, the drive is dead.

Verify the disk is actually bootable by trying it in another system. If it boots there, then it is final the drive is dead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-dosent-work-after-fail-burn.925946/
Relevancy 61.06%

You've probably had a bunch of people with this same error, however even after looking throgh possibly hundreds of websites, I have still yet to solve it. It's the old windows failed to start because boot\bcd is corrupt please insert the recovery disk. That's what I did and went throgh startup repair with no sucess,then I tried "bootrec /fix mbr" which responded "operation completed sucessfully" then and "bootrec /fix boot" which responded "element not found" then finally "bootrec /rebuild bcd" which again responded "element not found". Also when I go into the recovery cd, my os is not listed on the list of os's to repair. I'm not sure, but it seems to me that it can't find boot\bcd at All, how would I go about getting it back? Help greatly appreciated!!

A:Boot\bcd error, /fixboot dosent work

Hello, Welcome!

Looks like somehow your drive is not Active. Please follow my instructions in this post on how to mark the drive as active.

Hope this helps,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/49779-boot-bcd-error-fixboot-dosent-work.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello guys,

I use this command:
NET USE S: \\WIN-SERV\S-ST.Vol2
and a few more like it to mount some drives to my other PC. When I started use them I noticed that although they get mounted, I dont have write/delete rights so I added my ADMIN username to mount them, but it dosent work...can you guys help me with the right
command?
I use this:(and *** is the pass)
NET USE S: \\WIN-SERV\S-ST.Vol2 /User:Administrator *******

Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bcca370d-a1c0-4faa-ade4-46bccb27ebae/net-use-user-and-password-rights-dosent-work-on-win-7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Dell Xps/410, running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit. Intel Q6600 2.4GHz. processor, Nvidia 8600GTS 256 video card with 250 Gb. SATA II hard drive and Creative audio.
Everytime I try to install the WIndows 7 BETA version it doesn't recognize the CD. I have made the CD-ROM first priority in the system's BIOS but it still doesn't work. Anyone have any suggestion? Would this happen to have something to do with my system being a DELL?
Or maybe I should consider wiping the hard drive first and then trying to install Windows 7 version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-windows-7-64bit-over-vista-64bit.807245/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a bit of a problem that is way over my head. My desktop (HP m8100n) stopped running the internet a few days ago, it shows that I am connected to my wireless router and have full signal but I have no internet connection. But, it will run online multiplayer games with a really low ping. Do you have any suggestions? Or system specs I need to post?

Relevancy 60.2%

My hard drive crashed and I had to replace with a new one.  I upgraded to Windows 10 and utilized HP website for the drivers.  The problem is that some of my USB ports will not work and I'm getting 3 "Base system devices" 1 "PCI serial Port" and 2 "Unknown Devices" that will not install in my device manager.  I tried all of the drivers on the web site and I cannot find the original discs that came with the machine. The rear USB devices and the hidden wireless keyboard/Mouse port are not working.  

A:Fresh install of Windows 10 on my Z1 Workstation on a new Ha...

Hi: The PCI Serial Port needs this driver...You may have to manually intall this driver if the auto install didn't work for you before, by browsing to the driver folder from the PCI Serial Port>update driver>browse my computer for driver software>browse to C:\SWSetup\sp74499. This package contains the Intel Management Engine Software version 11.0 for the supported Workstation models and operating systems. This package installs the latest Management Engine Interface (MEI) and Serial-Over-LAN (SOL) drivers, as well as Intel Management and Security Status (IMSS), to support Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) versions 8.x and 9.x. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74499.exe The Base system device needs this driver... This package contains the JMicron Smart Card Reader Driver. This driver enables the integrated media card slot on supported models running a supported operating system. Initial Release. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65111.exe For the unknown devices, please post the hardware ID's for those. To find the hardware ID, click on the unknown device.  Then click on the details tab at the top of the unknown device window. Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 3rd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window. W10 is supposed to contain the USB3 drivers needed, and I have no idea what you have to do to fix that. There are no drivers you can install from anywhere. I would google the problem...USB ports don't work in Windows 10.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Fresh-install-of-Windows-10-on-my-Z1-Workstation-on-a-new/td-p/5785210
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, I have an HP Z210 SFF workstation that doesnt have an operating system installed. It also doesnt have the original hardrive. I was wondering if there was a way I could install windows using the windows coa on the side of the computer instead of buying a new copy.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/How-do-I-install-windows-7-on-HP-Z210-workstation/td-p/5826177
Relevancy 59.77%

two days ago a few of my short cuts stopped working and my Vaio asked which program to open them with Now this is for most all of my loaded softwhere with the exception of IE I think it might be a virus that came from a public hotspot I also found the following log file on my desk top that just showed up A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION xc at pc x d f f pid tid JRE version -b Java VM Java HotSpot Client VM -b mixed mode sharing windows-x Problematic work dosent exe propted will adobe open have files not to which load frame C x d f f If you would like to submit a bug report please visit http java exe files will not load propted to have adobe open which dosent work sun com webapps bugreport crash jsp The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code See problematic frame for where to report the bug --------------- T H R E A D ---------------Current thread x d c JavaThread quot main quot thread in native id stack x c x c siginfo ExceptionCode xc reading address x Registers EAX x EBX x a ECX x a eb EDX x bd ccESP x bd a EBP x bd b ESI x EDI x d c EIP x d f f EFLAGS x Top of Stack sp x bd a x bd a bd cc bd b a x bd b bd f f d d bd x bd c ca d d fffffffe x bd d bd d a bd c x bd e a bd x bd f bd f a x bd ca d d bd x bd a bf bd c exe files will not load propted to have adobe open which dosent work Instructions pc x d f f x d f f f c c a b fc d x d f f b ff a c c a b Stack x c x c sp x bd a free space f bd dckNative frames J compiled Java code j interpreted Vv exe files will not load propted to have adobe open which dosent work VM code C native code C x d f fj sun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin getDocumentBase J Ljava lang String j sun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin getDocumentBase Ljava lang String j sun plugin main server JVMInstance startApplet Ljava util Map Lsun plugin main server Plugin JJZIZZ Z j sun plugin main server JVMManager startAppletImpl Ljava util Map Lsun plugin main server Plugin JJZLjava lang String ZIZ Lsun plugin main server AppletID j sun plugin main server JVMManager startApplet Ljava util Map Lsun plugin main server Plugin JJZLjava lang String Lsun plugin main server AppletID j sun plugin main server JVMManager startApplet Ljava util Map Lsun plugin main server Plugin JJZ Lsun plugin main server AppletID j sun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin maybeStartApplet V j sun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin access Lsun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin V j sun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin BackgroundStarter run V v StubRoutines call stubC x d f abcC x d b C x d f b dC x d fd cfC x d c C x d a C x d C x d b C USER dll x fd C USER dll x fe a C USER dll x d C USER dll x b C IEFRAME dll xf acc C IEFRAME dll x C iertutil dll x b C IEFRAME dll xffcdb C kernel dll x d C ntdll dll x c C ntdll dll x Java frames J compiled Java code j interpreted Vv VM code j sun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin getDocumentBase J Ljava lang String j sun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin getDocumentBase Ljava lang String j sun plugin main server JVMInstance startApplet Ljava util Map Lsun plugin main server Plugin JJZIZZ Z j sun plugin main server JVMManager startAppletImpl Ljava util Map Lsun plugin main server Plugin JJZLjava lang String ZIZ Lsun plugin main server AppletID j sun plugin main server JVMManager startApplet Ljava util Map Lsun plugin main server Plugin JJZLjava lang String Lsun plugin main server AppletID j sun plugin main server JVMManager startApplet Ljava util Map Lsun plugin main server Plugin JJZ Lsun plugin main server AppletID j sun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin maybeStartApplet V j sun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin access Lsun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin V j sun plugin main server IExplorerPlugin BackgroundStarter run V v StubRoutines call stub--------------- P R O C E S S ---------------Java Threads gt current thread x JavaThread quot JRE Worker Thread quot thread blocked id stack x eb x fb x c JavaThread quot J... Read more

A:exe files will not load propted to have adobe open which dosent work

Welcome aboard Download and run exeHelper. Please download exeHelper from Raktor to your desktop. Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix. A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed. A log file named log.txt will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com Attach the log.txt file to your next message.Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).=================================================================Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415292/exe-files-will-not-load-propted-to-have-adobe-open-which-dosent-work/
Relevancy 59.34%

Dear HP experts,Thank you for your time I need an advice to istall windows 7 Ultimate x64 on HP z420 workstation . I have tried alot but an error of ((No device driver were found)) is always shown.Just like the attached picture.Things i have do- changing sata mode from RAID+AHCI to IDE ......which is my only options-changing IDE sata mode from compatable to enhance- disabling EFI boot Sources-disabling legacy boot sources.all these steps lead me to one way, which is no device driver were found. in my best move the installing continue but without a hard drive shown to format or delete. Any AdviceThanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Z420 Workstation troubleshooting in Install Windows

If you have more than 1 disk in your system, and you have RAID+AHCI set, then you likely need to jump into the raid controller BIOS at boot time (by pressing "CTRL C" if i recall correctly) and define a virtual disk or VD (which can wipe existing data so be warned). Then when windows install loads, you will see the virtual disk that you have create earlier and can thus select this VD for the install to continue. This assumes the install media has the (chipset) raid drivers which i think is the case. If the install disk does not have the required (chipset) raid drivers, then you may need to place them on a usb drive and point the install to it using F8, at which point you will see your VD and can continue with the install. If it all sounds like too much, you can remove all but one HDD and then RAID function will not be relevant as it will fall back to simple AHCI. If you still don't see the lone HDD, try and add the chipset drivers using the F8 method. I had similar issues a while ago on my Z210 and solved it by using default BIOS firmware settings, then created a VD and lastly placed Intels RST driver, specifically the F8 driver on a USB and during the Windows install process pressed F* and pointed to the USB drive where the driver was seen and loaded at which time my VD was visable so all could continue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z420-Workstation-troubleshooting-in-Install-Windows/td-p/5580870
Relevancy 59.34%
Relevancy 59.34%

I am trying to install Windows 7 on a HP Z240 SFF workstation but when I boot from the Windows 7 USB media, it does not show the HDD even though it is connected.  it would be great if someone could help me out with this issue. Thanks in advance.

A:Unable to Install windows 7 on HP Z240 SFF Workstation

Hello matt_william,  If you are using a retail version of Windows 7 Operating System. You may have to install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver while installing the OS. On the HDD partition windows, you will get LOAD DRIVER option, you have to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver.   Please find below link to download Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8323799&swItemId=wk_156996_1&swEnvOid=405... NOTE: THIS ACTIVITY NEED TO BE PERFORMED ON ANOTHER UNIT.   TO USE THE INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY DRIVER DURING A NEW OPERATING SYSTEM INSTALLATION: 1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved). 2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. 3. Navigate to C:\SWSETUP\SP73487 and unzip "f6flpy-x64.zip" to a USB key for a 64-bit installation. 4. Use the newly created driver installation media during operating system setup to install the drivers.  Once you copy the driver on another USB media, connect it with unit on which you are trying to install OS.  Click on Load Driver and navigate to USB and install the driver. Once the installation is complete, You will be able to access HDD and will be able to install OS.  I hope that answers your question.  I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem. ***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Unable-to-Install-windows-7-on-HP-Z240-SFF-Workstation/td-p/5648294
Relevancy 59.34%

can i install any version ?
can i install linux or windows 7 using vmware on windows 10 ?

Thank you in advance

A:Which VMware workstation player to install on windows 10

VMware workstation is at version 12.1 and can be installed Windows 10,8,or 7 64 bit only, They stopped making 32 bit versions of VMware Workstation at 10.1 and that can be installed on Windows 10,8,or 7 32 bit computers.

Yes you can run almost any version of Windows on it and also most versions of Linux, I think it is even possible to run Android 86 but I'm not sure I haven't tried Android yet

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/37303-vmware-workstation-player-install-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys., I have a 512Mb Lexar USB drive, and it claims 240MB is used even though there are no files on it. I ran defrag, scanned for errors and all of that jazz. I tried formatting it with Fat formatting and got an error that the drive cannot be formatted and to close all programs using the drive (there were none using it). I read the thread about problems with flash drives and how to format them, but I cannot find a single person i know who still has a W98 OS.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bobby

A:No files on flash drive, half of memory used, formatting dosent work

So you are still using windows 98? You can try this is might work for you. I have never tried it on windows 98.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/serveroptions/us/download/23839.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-files-on-flash-drive-half-of-memory-used-formatting-dosent-work.51666/
Relevancy 58.48%

So I rebooted the win7 workstation went to login to it normally with the users credentials and it acts like its a new user login everything is default all pst's, docs, favs, everything is gone . If you browse the windows explorer you can see there are other similar profiles that it looks like used to be . What would happen if I tried to rename a user in Active directory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-workstation-on-domain-network-rebooted-workstation-and-login-is-all-gone-572631.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Budget Range while being workstation 1200 ($2000) High-end upgrade sensible I do not wish to pay twice as much for - performance improvements but if it is significant then I am willing to use up all of my budget System Usage from Most to Least Important Video editing and encoding music production EXTREME MULTI-TASKING gaming Parts Not Required I will be using the following in my new build and they will not be required Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Preferred Website s for Parts any reliable website including Ebay sellers Ebuyer and Amazon are my favourites Country of Origin 1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade UK Parts Preferences I ve had my eyes on the i K at least GB RAM and adding another GTX ti to my computer I also wish to invest in an SSD to run my operating system software apps from This is well under my budget if I can get significant extra performance I would be happy to spend more Overclocking FINE as long as it does not affect the stability SLI or Crossfire I want to get a second GTX ti but I m interested in other options if there are any Monitor Resolution Dual displays x amp x Additional Comments I am upgrading from the following Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte GA-EP -DS R I had GB of memory but two GB modules become faulty GB is not enough for video editing in Adobe After Effects and multi-tasking effectively New DDR memory is expensive and not worth investing in I cannot add a second ti to my current build as the motherboard only supports crossfire I am interested in new technologies such as quot QUICKSYNC quot for video encoding Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:£1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade

no love?

ok here's what I have my eyes on:

CPU

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor 235.65

RAM

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V 32.99 x4 - 131.96

OR

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDDR3 1600Mhz Memory Module CL9 1.5V 151.96

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 108.69

OR

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Socket 1155 onboard 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 148.85

SSD DRIVE

OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read 550MB/s Write 500MB/s 60k IOPS 209.99

good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%A31200-2000-high-end-workstation-upgrade.166621/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello experts I am currently running home based W Pro x based workstation and need to upgrade it to gain more performance My current setup Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA -UD supports only SATA PCU AMD Phenom II x GHz DRAM x GB Mhz Geil Bootable drive SSD Kingston V GB HDDs x HD Samsung HD UI no RAID x WD EZRX All drives are encrypted with TrueCrypt Win Pro does not have bitlocker I was considering the following upgrade Motherboard Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD PCU AMD X FX- GHz DRAM x Kingston DDR GB MHz ECC-R DR x w TS Intel latency Bootable drive x SSD Kingston V GB RAID HDDs x WD EZRX possibly on RAID The home advice! need I an workstation - perfroamnce high Building workstation main purpose is to do some scientific calculations h It has a VMWARE virtualized Oracle database and application server in it You may assume that currently - of the application time is being spent on CPU while the remaining part is coming from the database reads writes read write I believe that with a more powerful CPU this might be closer to for CPU and for database so this is why I want to setup a RAID What I am looking for is to get the best possible performance improvement in terms of value I need as many SATA III ports as possible - this MB has of them which suits me very well Therefore I have a few questions for which I could not find clear answer on the net Is that upgrade setup good Any suggestions Which DRAM should I choose For the same price I can get MHz with latency of or MHz with latency Different tests give different results so it is confusing According to various tests AMD FX perfomance is better from Phenom II for integer and float operations disregarding the frequency and number of cores but maybe a Phenom II X T Building high perfroamnce home workstation - I need an advice! would be better I am a bit confused with RAID on the motherboard I am not willing to spend money on high-end RAID controller as Building high perfroamnce home workstation - I need an advice! the one on the motherboard suits my needs However it says it is limited to ports out of which leads me to a question how many RAID arrays can I define using my motherboard RAID support Only or multiple If only one RAID array is supported then I have another question regarding how to setup two arrays in that setup As I understand I might setup a drive RAID array on motherboard and another one for SSD's using some inexpensive SATA III PCI-e controller However they are limited to Gb bus which gives around MB s - is that right So if that is the limitation then maybe it does not make sense to buy additional SSD With a xHDD RAID I should get around MB s maximum read Any idea what would be the effect of decrupting that on the fly by Truecrypt Right now I simply do not feel that Truecrypt operations but I am working SATAII which compared to RAID on SATA III might be up to slower On the other hand the AMD FX- is much stronger and additionally it is supposed to natively support AES hash algorithms Does the DR next to Kingston Dual Rank means that they run in Dual Channel Last but not least I have a NOX Urano W which should be capable of powering that setup the calculation show around W at full utilization but is that safe Any response would be greatly appreciated

A:Building high perfroamnce home workstation - I need an advice!

Welcome to the forums.

I can tell you that if you're going to run an FX-8350 at that kind of load 24/7, it's going to get hot. I know from experience, they run hot. I would recommend water cooling if you're going to buy an FX for this purpose. It doesn't have to be fancy, just a sealed AIO system from Corsair or CoolerMaster will do fine:

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm - Newegg.ca (if your case has room for it)

or

Cooler Master Seidon 120M ? All-In-One CPU Liquid Water Cooling System with 120mm Radiator and Fan - Newegg.ca

The Seidon will fit most cases.

That will keep your temps down and make that 8350 last longer.

Sounds like a killer build.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344024-building-high-perfroamnce-home-workstation-i-need-advice.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a T5500, and anytime I stress the CPUs the system starts a continuous, constant beep noise.
The system still appears to run normally and the CPU temps are also under control, just the annoying sound.
I do not see a continuous sound anywhere in the manual so I don't know what this means.
This is an old machine and out of warranty so if I cannot find the problem, can I just turn off or disconnect the speaker making the noise?
Thanks.

A:[Solved] T5500 Workstation continuous beep with high CPU usage.

Solved, I feel like such an idiot. Someone helped me find the problem. I am powering the PC with a UPS unit right next to it and it clearly does not have the juice to power the T5500 anywhere close to full load.
So after days of troubleshooting I found it to be a simple ID10T error.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19980909
Relevancy 55.47%

I cannot open Help files that require the Windows Help (WinHlp64.exe) program.
please help
thakns

A:chm file not work with windows 7 (64bit)

Check file Associations. In start menu search box type "file associations".

If it is a file that you downloaded right click it and select properties and make sure it is unlocked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/175772-chm-file-not-work-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey Guys,

I bought Babylon 2 days ago and it does not work well on my windows 8.1 64bit new computer I do not know why

I would like to know if there are more people that face this problem.

I tried to talk with Babylon company and they could not help me >,<

Any suggestion ?

Thank

Shaked Benratzon

A:Babylon on Windows 8.1 64bit does not work very well...

Not that this is going to help you much, but not many games work well on Windows 8 right now.
My kids won't touch 8 because games like World of Warcraft and League of Ledgends just do not play on it and there are no patches in site for them.
This is where Xbox is going to take the market on Windows, there is no pc gaming company that is going to make patch after patch for their games to work on a pc with the release schedule MS proposes on it's OS's from here on out.

Did it say on the box that it was Windows 8 compatible? I am guessing that it didn't and that's why you can't get support for it.

Best thing I could tell ya is to try and run it in compatibility mode and see if that works, but I am not real big on gaming with my pc, I am more of an application / modification type of guy. I am sure there will be others along here that could maybe help you out, but to be honest the outlook looks kind of bleak, I think you got stuck with a game that has to be playing on a Windows 7 system or earlier.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/37754-babylon-windows-8-1-64bit-does-not-work-very-well.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

Does ATI support Crossfire on Windows 7 64bit?

A:Does ATI Crossfire work on Windows 7 64bit?

Welcome!

I believe it does. Give it a try!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/68830-does-ati-crossfire-work-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi! I have this game, it's called BossRan. It's just a private server. So, opened the icon and
it just hangs in there and slowly lags my computer until if freezes. I would like to know if there is a
solution and what is it.
The game's here: BossRan,RAN,philippines,RANONLINE,RAN private server,EPX

Thank you in advance!

A:32bit Game on 64bit Windows 8 OS won't work

There are 2 possibilities here that I can think off right off the bat.
#1: You may need to use compatibility mode to get it to run. Try setting it at different compatibility modes, like XP or Vista, and see if it will work that way.
#2: many older 32-bit programs have portions of 16-bit code in them. This wasn't really an issue for many years, as 32-bit Operating Systems will run 16-bit code. However, a 64-bit OS cannot run 16-bit code, and these programs cannot work on a 64-bit system, period. No way to make it compatible.

I don't know the game you're speaking of, so can't ID the problem for you accurately for you, but check into those 2 scenarios and see what your issue is. If it turns out that there is 16-bit code in the program, you may have to set up a Virtual Machine (I do it with VirtualBox) and install a 32-bit OS as a Virtual machine, and run it from there.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/43348-32bit-game-64bit-windows-8-os-wont-work.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Product Name: HP 431 Notebook PCOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  My laptop wifi driver not work after installed windows 10 64bit OS. Can you please provide valid driver ?    

A:HP 431 Notebook pc wifi driver not work Windows 10 64bit OS

Hi There are 11 matches for your laptop, so could you please more details on the make and model.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-431-Notebook-pc-wifi-driver-not-work-Windows-10-64bit-OS/td-p/5620270
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a customer running a peer-to-peer network in their office using NT workstation on each PC. They now need to replace one of the units and add a new one. Will XP be compatible with their existing setup or will we need to replace it with NT workstation?

Thanks,
Kimmer

A:will NT workstation work w/XP?

ok get the win xp professional os edition, this will be coampatible, it will work on the network no problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-nt-workstation-work-w-xp.128185/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all,

I want to update the drivers for my GTX260 graphics card.
I downloaded the appropriate driver for my OS, Vista Home premium 64 bit (OEM):
Driver: 182.06_geforce_winvista_64bit_english_whgl.
But when I try to run the driver application I get the following error:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.Check your computer's system information to see wether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact your software publisher".

I have the same problem with 64bit NVidia networkcontrollers.

Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?

thanks

stefan

System: Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, 8GB RAM, Geforce GTX260, Asus P5N-D (nForce 750ichipset)
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP1 (OEM)

A:Unable to install 64bit NVidia drivers on Vista 64bit

I was just wondering if this could be just an installer problem.
The filesize of 182.06_geforce_winvista_64bit_english_whql is just 22kb.
I noticed on another site (64bit and x64) they have a download of the same driver that is a 100 MB.

Is anyone familiar with start64.com? Can I safely download the NVidia drivers
from there?

And do I really need to install 64bit versions of the driver or can I just as well install the 32 bit version of the same driver (even though my OS is 64 bit) ???

Any help would be much appreciated!

stefan

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/215155-unable-install-64bit-nvidia-drivers-vista-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.75%

For about a week i was experiencing slow performance of my windows 7. I have asked to use ccleaner and antivirus software to provide security, I find free smadav free antivirus software i have installed and wont find good results. Has anyone used this

A:Smadav antivirus wont work on my windows 7 professional 64bit

Looking into this it doesn't sound very good to me. I found this note on their website.

Quote:
Smadav is an additional protection (second layer) antivirus, and specialize in protecting USB Flash-disk to avoid virus infection.

I other words they don't intend on this being your primary AV and it may not even have active monitoring. I would ditch it for something else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/395730-smadav-antivirus-wont-work-my-windows-7-professional-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.75%

For about a week i was experiencing slow performance of my windows 7. I have asked to use ccleaner and antivirus software to provide security, I find free smadav free antivirus software i have installed and wont find good results. Has anyone used this

A:Smadav antivirus wont work on my windows 7 professional 64bit

Looking into this it doesn't sound very good to me. I found this note on their website.

Quote:
Smadav is an additional protection (second layer) antivirus, and specialize in protecting USB Flash-disk to avoid virus infection.

I other words they don't intend on this being your primary AV and it may not even have active monitoring. I would ditch it for something else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395730-smadav-antivirus-wont-work-my-windows-7-professional-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all I decided to register with this forum as i'm having trouble installing windows bit I'm on windows bit 64bit install Can't windows 7 at the moment I'm not too techie smart I built this computer after watching someone on YouTube Can't install windows 7 64bit and taking the specs of the Motherboard Ram size i from a high spec gaming computer Can't install windows 7 64bit on Ebay It works I'v tried burning the windows dvd to disc and when I put it in the dvd drive I get a few options what do I want to do with this dvd Which includes options to open the exe file but when I disconnect this Harddrive I have harddrives it won't install I burnt it onto a USB Flash Drive with another version of windows but same results everytime I v tried i'v tried burning with IMGBURN ULTRA-ISO I get load exe file but not on the drive I want I downloaded the ISO file from Getintopc com and its a windows bit I have tried different hardddrives and I think at least one of them has had windows on before I don't know if I need drivers to help it install or what I think before i'v just burnt the dvd on nero or something similar and it's loaded The drive is a TB drive Thank you very much for any help NettleWarbler

A:Can't install windows 7 64bit

You need at least 1 hard drive connected to install windows, disconnect all others.

Not sure why you mention the phrase "open the exe file", you are to boot from the disc, not open it in windows.

Set the bios to defaults by hitting F5 then F10 to save and exit before you start.

Then, Just follow the tutorial, you`ll be done in 15 minutes.

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393126-cant-install-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello

I'm having trouble Windows 8 64bit on a computer. It gets near the end and when it comes to restarting, get this error code 0xc0000001 and saying windows failed to install. Also tried installing Windows XP and it does the same and also another hard drive to see if it was that but it still does it.

The computer is a mix of new and old bits from an other computer i used...

CPU - Intel 750 2.66ghz - old
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 - old
Memory - 8gb - old
Hard drive - Seagate 350gb - New
Graphics Card - Nvidia GF210 - New

Don't understand why it won't install windows cos part of this computer worked fine and now something is wrong even though hasn't been used for a few months.

Please help.

A:Can't install Windows 8 64bit

Try cleaning the DVD drive.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/27541-cant-install-windows-8-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.75%

i know that everyone says get 4gb ram but im asking will it run really crap on 2gb, ive read a few people it runs perfectly on thiers, so jus want a few opinions, ive got an amd phenom II 64 bit capable so i thought i myt aswell, even if i do install it, will guns run fine? like crysis arma II

A:i have got 2GB ram and want to install windows 7 64bit

Windows 7 64 bit will run just fine on 2 gigs of RAM. However, I would recommend sticking with 32 bit for you. 64 bit uses more resources, and you may have a harder time finding drivers. If you have 4 gigs or more, you will need to get 64 bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/37826-i-have-got-2gb-ram-want-install-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse Bluetooth doesn't work on my Professional Mouse doesn't work on Bluetooth 64bit Microsoft 7 Windows Dell laptop Here is some more detailed information Laptop Dell Vostro Operation System Windows Professional bit SP Steps to reproduce turn on Bluetooth of Sculpt Touch Mouse go to 'Devices Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit and Printers' add a device double click 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' on the list of popup screen the 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' device icon will be added to device list on 'Devices and Printers' ovserved that the icon of 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' was grey out and couldn't be used tried to move the mouse but no response and the light on the top of the mouse keeps flashing red lt -- gt green The Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse was suppose to be setup install in one minute That's why I prefer to buying the Microsoft mouse product But it wasn't It took me few days to try to install it and it was still failed Could everyone tell me how to fix that Thanks

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Try installing this software/driver for microsoft mouse and keyboard first: Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/363911-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work-windows-7-professional-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.89%

PC specs
AMD Phenom II 965 3.4 GHz
4 GIG RAM
1.5 tb hard drive

Hope someone can help. I am tring to install a OEM windows 7 pro 64 bit as a clean install it goes through all the setup and restarts several times but then after it restarts it gives me a screen that is [This Computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Windows install cannot proceed restart computer to install] I have done this several times what could this be. I have read all the install messages and cannot seem to find how to fix this problem. Please any HELP out there??

A:Help Windows 7 64bit clean install

Where did you get the ISO? Burn the DVD again using ImgBurn at 4x speed with Verify, or Verify the DVD.

Check if there is a more recent BIOS version update for your BIOS, on your maker's support downloads page.

Check also what the SATA controller setting is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/60007-help-windows-7-64bit-clean-install.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Windows 7 32bit with an upgrade disc (so it only has the 32bit on it) and I would like to put 64bit on. I don't care about my data or programs (they are backed up) but I am wondering where I could get iso images and whether my product key will work.

A:How do I install Windows 7 64bit instead of 32bit

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River ? My Digital Life

Your product key will work for the version to which it applies--Home Premium, Professional, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248515-how-do-i-install-windows-7-64bit-instead-32bit.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am installing windows 7 sp1 for 64 bit.I have downloaded windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe file from microsoft website,after downloading while installing i am getting an error like The data is invalid.Can anyone help me with this?

A:Unable to install Windows 7 SP1 64bit

Please follow this tutorial so are expert can have a look at the information.

If you can make sure you also post the error codes you have received.

Windows Update Posting Instructions

Have you activated your copy of Windows 7 Ultimate as of yet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375311-unable-install-windows-7-sp1-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Heya

I tried installing Windows 7 64bit on my home computer yesterday. I kept getting a problem with it freezing in step 5 of the installation. I tried redoing it a couple of times and it always froze at the same point. I noticed that the mouse did not respond when it froze so not sure if I should try unplugging it.

Any suggestion what to try will be appreciated.

A:Windows 7 64bit install freezes

are you sure it was froze? how long did you wait? it's probably a hardware/driver issue. I suppose you could try the 32-bit version to see if you have any luck with that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/22661-windows-7-64bit-install-freezes.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello i have Lenovo P580
Windows 8 64 bit
i7- 3520M @ 2.90Ghz
Nvida 630GtM 2gb.

So now i want to install win7(64bit) and keep it as dual boot, i did everything right while making UEFI usb and now when i boot from Usb, the windows setup gets stuck at the logo 'Starting Windows', tried keeping there for 10-15mins.

PLEASE HELP

A:Cant Install Win 7(64bit) on my Windows 8 64 bit laptop

Welcome to EightForums.

Take note of Step Three:
1) Downgrade to Windows 7.
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

2) Using a USB Pendrive on a PC with a uEFI BIOS.
USB Pendrive need to be formated to FAT32 as in
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
Take note of Step 11 for Windows 7.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/18846-cant-install-win-7-64bit-my-windows-8-64-bit-laptop.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When Re-Installing iTunes On My Windows 8.1 Laptop I Receive This Error, After Clicking Ok It Continues To Install Yet Will Not Start Saying The Mobile Device Support Service Wont Start

A:Cannot Install iTunes 12 64Bit On Windows 8.1

If you google "microsoft.vc80.crt.type,win32,version=8.0.50727.6195" it appears you need this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=26347

When you install a C++ redistributable it is always good to run Windows update after as there are updates for 2005.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/61772-cannot-install-itunes-12-64bit-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 7 64 bit on my new build but everytime I try and boot from the optical drive, the system doesn't recognize the disk. I'm running a GIGABYTE ga-f2a88xn-wifi and an AMD athlon x4 760k and apparently installing 64 bit windows is a common problem for this mobo but considering the OS won't start up at all I don't know if the problem is with my optical drive or disk. Sorry if I'm being too vague but any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Computer won't install windows 64bit OEM

Where did you get the install disc from, please be specific.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334354-computer-wont-install-windows-64bit-oem.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My Photoshop 7 installed fine on a Windows 10 32bit computer that had been upgraded from Win7.
Setup.exe would not complete when trying to do the same thing on Windows 10 64Bit.
32bit installer was running in Task Manager but doing nothing.
Apparently it is possible to convert the machine between 64bit and 32bit but that would involve reloading everything (I thought).
Found the solution here by IdleMartin.
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2018880
There was only one 64bit process holding up setup.exe and now my old photoshop program runs on Windows 10 machines running either 32bit or 64bit.
Briefly, Task Manager, process Details, Analyse Wait Chain for Setup.exe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617547/how-to-install-photoshop-7-on-windows-10-64bit/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys Im new to the boards and was hoping someone could help me out here I have just got Windows Home premium upgrade Upgraded from XP and it would only let me instal the bit version of windows It says my computer is able to run the bit version and I have been trying to do so I am trying to do a clean instal of the bit version but it doesnt seem to work I reboot with the bit disc in the drive and press F It then asks to boot from dvd Windows install *HELP* clean 64bit 7 drive It then says *HELP* Windows 7 64bit clean install Loading windows it loads It then looks like its going to boot up windows and then goes to the Windows background sceen the pretty blue one with litte green leaf and it just stays there No text no boxes nothing just the background picture Any tips on what I need to do or do I need to wait for longer and wait for something to come up Sorry for the Noobness Thanks

A:*HELP* Windows 7 64bit clean install

Can you give us some more specs on your system ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/49647-help-windows-7-64bit-clean-install.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am currently and XP SP3 user and have recently bought and OEM version of WIN 7 Ultimate 64bit..
Anywho...when i go to install it everything runs fine til it finishes the "windows loading files" progress bar.
As soon as it changes screens to "starting windows"... It freezes....no flower popping up or anything.

I've tested it on several other pc's and havent had any other issues

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi.
I have windows 8 pro. Trying to install Itunes 11.01 64bit for win8.
Keep getting message ?This app can't run on your computer?.
Did a Google search on this problem and tried running as an Administrator, and changing compatibility to windows 7, but still get the same message.
A suggestion online was made to save file before u download, but no prompt comes up to save,
Any ideas.
Tom.

A:Cannot install Itunes 64bit on windows 8.

Try 11.02 iTunes 11.0.2 for Windows 64

Do you need to install 11.01?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/21498-cannot-install-itunes-64bit-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Put simply I have no sound Here s my hardware Intel Core duo Asus P E Motherboard GB DDR RAM Gigabyte HD Video Card Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Champion Series PCIe TB Samsung SATA HDD Logitech G Keyboard Logitech mx mouse only mention the latter three only to be thorough OS is Windows bit freshly installed and fully updated All motherboard graphics card and Logitech drivers are fully updated This includes all current chipset drivers for the MB I have yet to flash any bios up to current as I am waiting to do that as a last resort it makes me nervous Here s the simple stuff The motherboard does come with onboard sound of a fashion It is in the form of a PCIe card which I do not have Never the less I have tried my little driver dance described below with the onboard sound both enabled and disabled I have also tried both of the PCIe slots on my board with the same results The SB speaker output is set to be my default device the front rear fader is in the center and the manual volume knob is set to a bit over half I have tested the speakers creative system had it for years by plugging each of the jacks into my phone while playing an MP speaker connections are solid The 64bit install Windows in problem X-Fi Yet 7 Another card lights up and is Yet Another X-Fi install problem in Windows 7 64bit listed in the Yet Another X-Fi install problem in Windows 7 64bit device manager as functioning properly under the name HD Sound Device and then as Creative SB X-Fi with drivers installed There are no IRQ conflicts Here s what I have tried driver wise for the soundcard roughly in order Downloaded and installed just the current driver from the creative website Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Driver Speakers pop upon booting as if initializing but generate no sound It s almost as if the speakers are functioning but the volume is turned all the way down in the sounds control panel Uninstalled that driver and via the device manager the SB card Rebooted and used the software disk that came with the card the box has the yellow sticker that says Windows compatible After using the automatic update utility to update everything I ran Creative Diagnostics It fails for the following tests DirectSound Tests SPDIF and Speakers During the speaker portion of the test the message reads Playback of wave files failed I have disabled the only non creative item in my sound control panel it is the HDMI sound output for my video card The speaker icon in my taskbar has a red X on it with the float over message reading No audio device is installed Any attempt to configure the speakers results in a similar error Next removed all the creative software and drivers Ran a disk cleaner Rebooting along the way as needed Installed PID W PCAPP US from the creative website supposed to help with this issue Reboot Nada Installed everything from the install disk again and updated Same result Rinse and repeat this time using the Daniel K drivers Same result Repeated again with the PAX drivers no dice Im running out of ideas Some oddities worth noting include -On a couple of the above mentioned attempts the creative software failed acknowledge the card Telling me that there is no supported device installed in spite of the fact that windows lists it correctly in the device manager -After updating all the software via the creative updater this is on my most recent attempt the updater itself vanished off my system -If I open the volume panel VolPanlu I see a grayed out volume knob set to with no way to change it -DxDiag doesn t like the card either It opens with Error Problem getting extra sound info but does in fact list both the speakers Creative SB X-Fi and the SPDIF Out Creative SB X-Fi -When I plug in headphones to the front panel the speakers cut out like they are supposed to and here s the weirdest thing of all when I plug in a microphone to the front panel mic jack and speak I can hear my voice through the speakers Come on -Freshly discovered that the creative mi... Read more

A:Yet Another X-Fi install problem in Windows 7 64bit

What I always done with my older X-Fi, was this:

-Disable Onboard sound and boot into windows.

-Download and install the Product Identification Module Update
Download the latest driver, but do not install just yet.
-From the disc, Install the Volume panel, and THX Console only.
-Reboot.
-Install the latest driver you downloaded earlier.

This was how I handled My Xtreme Gamer and had no issue.

Also, isnt the Sound card a PCI Express x1 card?
If so, double check that its in either the Blue x16 slot on your board, or one of the small x1 White slots.
it will not work in the long white slots, if this is the board Im thinking it is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/217212-yet-another-x-fi-install-problem-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.89%

how do i install this file because its 32 bit and 64 bit

ive installed 7 64 bit before but whats the upgrade folder

could someone take me through the steps

thanks......

A:install windows 7 7229 64bit

Hello Gilly. Your avatar hurts to look at.....

Anyways, first off, edit out the Demonoid Text File.

Second, the upgrade is to upgrade from a previous install.

Upgrade Install with Windows 7

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/16319-install-windows-7-7229-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Tried to upgrade a Tecra M11-11J to Windows 7 64-bit.
The install gets as far as the 'Loading Windows Files' screen, then goes blank and freezes, with the CPU fan maxing out but no HDD activity.

Have tried reinstalling XP (works fine), reflashing the BIOS to the latest version, re-seating the RAM, changing the HDD to 'Compatibility' mode and reinstalling Win 7 - same problem.

Have tried Win 7 32-bit - same problem.
Install from USB, instead of DVD - same problem.
Different flavours of Win 7 - same problem!

This is extremely frustrating.
I upgraded the memory to 8GB, hoping to take advantage of this with W7x64 and now I'm stuck with an XP machine and 4GB of RAM going to waste.

Would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks.

A:Tecra M11-11J - cannot install Windows 7 64bit

and Win 7 installation does not work even using the old 4GB RAM?

Or did you try to install the Win 7 on this Tecra M11 using the new 8GB RAM?

How about the HDD? Does HDD appears on the first BIOS page?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73259-Tecra-M11-11J-cannot-install-Windows-7-64bit
Relevancy 52.89%

I had on my computer installed windows 7 64bit but i installed windows xp 64bit and now it will not offer to choose XP or 7 and it will go to Xp every time. And from Startup and Recovery it doesn't show that i have windows 7 on my PC

A:W7 64bit and WXP 64bit won't work at the same dime

Startup repair needed.

Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/33296-w7-64bit-wxp-64bit-wont-work-same-dime.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I have upgraded my NB550D to Windows7 Home Premium and installed 4Gb RAM.
It's working much better but want to go further and do a _clean install_ of Windows7 Ultimate _64bit_ in order to take full advantage of theupgrade in RAM.

My question is: What do I do about the Toshiba drivers for 64bit? I presume i will need some?

What is the best way to go about the upgrade - any help will be appreciated! :D

A:NB550D - Best way to install Win 7 64bit and 64bit drivers

If you would switch to Win 7 64bit then you will need some Win 7 64bit drivers.
On the Toshiba European driver page I could find some 64bit drivers but it looks like not all Toshiba tools for Win 7 64bit are released.

Drivers for WLan or BT stack can be found here:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/

All other drivers or Toshiba tools like value added package or Face Recognition, Eco Utility and others could be used from other notebook series? for example Satellite C660D or other series like L750D, L755D or C670D
Surely you have to pay attention to the built in graphic chip, LAN or chipset?
Use the drivers which are released for the chips in NB550D

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66549-NB550D-Best-way-to-install-Win-7-64bit-and-64bit-drivers
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey I have searched all over my processor is capable. even though 64bit install Cant 64bit the internet and found no solution to my problem But considering my situation I am sure there must be a solution so here Cant install 64bit even though my processor is 64bit capable. goes Short story My pc says its bit capable but it doesn't seem to be able to recognize any bit install disks What should I do Long story A while back I upgraded from vista to windows When I did this I could choose between a bit and a bit installation I tried bit but it said that was not possible on my computer I cant remember the exact error message Cant install 64bit even though my processor is 64bit capable. I didn't make much of it and just installed bit But now I need bit for the new adobe video editor I don't have that first windows install disk But I since bought a new windows Home Premium bit disk When I insert this and start up the laptop it simply says system disk error or non system disk It seems like my pc is not bit capable and so cannot recognize the disk But on my pc specs you can check your specs somewhere it says that my pc processor is bit capable I'm not sure what this means Does this mean the processor is bit capable but the hard drive or motherboard is not All the hardware except the battery and power cable is still the original from when I bought the laptop years ago so it wouldn't make any sense to have a bit processor with an inferior motherboard hard drive I don't know why my pc wont install bit What should I do Things I've tried - I read somewhere if you have more than GB RAM that could be a problem I have GB RAM So I took out GB ram and then tried installing bit This didnt work The laptop wouldnt even start anymore until I add the gb ram back - Change the IPAC to enabled in the BIOS settings It turns out I have a retarded BIOS F A without any advanced settings so that I can't change the IPAC Whether the IPAC is currently on or off I don't know In Windows Upgrade Advisor it says that I need gb free space for the installation of bit windows My hard drive is GB but it is full atm Is it worth deleting GB and then trying to install again Surely this wont work because bit just erases everything anyway And plus if that was the only problem then my pc would at least recognize the install disk but then say I have no space afterwards no I'm at a loss Please help

A:Cant install 64bit even though my processor is 64bit capable.

I would recommend at least 4 GB of RAM and at least 20GB of free Hard disk space. If your HDD is 20GB then I would consider getting a new hard disk to find Windows and any ADobe apps as they do considerably use up a lot of disk space.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/253226-cant-install-64bit-even-though-my-processor-64bit-capable.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Dear all, I am going to buy a HP Z240 tower workstation. Do anyone know that the decibel of this computer? Is it louder? Do you know which HP workstation works quietly? Many thanks! Celia

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Does-HP-Z240-Tower-Workstation-work-noisily/td-p/5854515
Relevancy 52.46%

First - I've Install Windows 7 Clean 64bit FAIL been searching the internet for the past couple days on the topic and have found some great infomation here thought I would join and take this issue thru to resolution This issue can be found Windows 7 64bit Clean Install FAIL in a number of places - however there is no final resolution here's the issue Issue - New system hardware fails to load Windows Hardware - All NEW Motherboard - Asus M A XTD EVO X AM CPU - AMD PHENOM II x G AM Graphic Card - ASUS GeForce GTX Fermi GB Memory - G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR Hard Drive - TB SATA Seagate Barracuda OS - Windows -bit OEM Power - Antec EarthWatts EA W ODD - ASUS SATA X DVD Burner Case - Rosewill CHALLENGER Specifics - All new hardware installed humming along MB Sata port - Hard drive MB Sata port - ODD DVD MB Sata Windows 7 64bit Clean Install FAIL port - Front case SATA port unused When I attempt to install windows with fairly generic bios setting Windows 7 64bit Clean Install FAIL ERROR Fail to format partition error X or Hang at starting windows - IE prior to window install screen or No Hard drive found to Install OS - However drive shows in Bios Tweaks to Bios version Attempted with and without Disable Marvell ESata Disable Marvell Esata ROM on Boot Storage Configuration - Sata Port -port AHCI or IDE Sata Port -port AHCI or IDE Note when IDE selected both DVD and HD are seen in bios and OS installing Boot Priority - CDROM HD Troubleshooting Checked Cables - Passed on another system Checked Memory Checked Hardware Compatability and OS Pulled new hard drive and formatted in another system replaced and attempted to install OS - FAIL Move cables on MB SATA ports So what have I missed

A:Windows 7 64bit Clean Install FAIL

Continued TS - attempted to add silicon image sata drivers during OS install - with box checked hide all drivers not for this hardware.

Attempted silicon image sata drivers - 3114 and 3124 both AMD64 drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/132617-windows-7-64bit-clean-install-fail.html
Relevancy 52.46%

TLDR I'm unable to install an OS without setting drives to IDE and not AHCI and I cannot successfully change it to AHCI retrospectively Hi I've been struggling for days with getting a stable installation of Win Pro bit or Windows Pro Version N bit working on an OCZ Arc gb Backstory I AHCI Unable install to 8.1 with N Windows 64bit help!! Pro bought a new SSD an OCZ Arc GB to replace an existing Plextor GB I Unable to install Windows 8.1 Pro N 64bit with AHCI help!! had had a Windows Pro install running solidly with no problems for a couple of years note though it was not a UEFI setup With the new SSD I tried for days to clone and then create from scratch a new Windows UEFI install but failed constantly and all of the information I found seemed to suggest it was all around a secure boot problem I spoke to OCZ and they asked me to RMA the drive I then got a replacement I then decided to bite the bullet and invest in Windows in the vain hope it would relieve the issue however it turned out to be just as bad and really it was an AHCI problem all along In both the Win and Win installs I had been setting CSM to UEFI Only Secure Boot to UEFI only disabling fast boot but without any success it was only when SATA was set to IDE I could finally complete an install this time on Windows However later setting it back to AHCI would then stop it booting I read various guides on how to change it and switch it to AHCI but everytime I tried to start again it would not start up I concluded there must be some kind of storage driver issue however there doesn't appear to be any SATA AHCI specific drivers for my mobo on the Asus site for so are presumably inlcluded however I even tried similar mobo R Evo and R LE and chipsets and presenting the drivers during install but that came to nothing Getting thoroughly sick of it all I settled for having IDE only and successfully did a clean install of and went about installing all my stuff happy days at last a working PC I would say though that it didn't seem the most stable OS install ever as occasionally it would freeze on the logon screen or freeze randomly during use sometimes it would come alive again and sometimes not That was yesterday but for the majority of the time it was good Current situation Today in the hope of finding an answer to the stability issues I was going through the usual series of driver updates and I updated the Asus bios from to this morning and that set my sata to AHCI I spotted it and set it back however it now won't boot at all and gives me an xc error I've now been round the houses again repairs and recovery disks messing with EFI settings and boot managers like this Qlik Tips Fix a Windows boot issue but nothing seems to work I am sadly resigned to likely having to start again however if I do that I will need to fix this AHCI IDE boot issue once and for all as it's clearly been a problem in all my attempts If I could get into the current OS first it would be a bonus as then I could copy out every download I'd just made to reinstall everything would save me time when I presumably have to rebuild Tech Specs Asus M A R mobo OCZ Arc gb Corsair XMS GB x AMD FX XFX HD X-Fi SB Seagate GB SATA Hitachi GB SATA I've genuinely put days and days into this now I just want it to end and go back to using a PC like normal can anyone help Thanks Mat

A:Unable to install Windows 8.1 Pro N 64bit with AHCI help!!

just to add to this I can currently get in via Macrium Reflect Free so it's all still there. If anyone can direct me as to what might help in getting my files out that would be good. This software can't do it but I imagine there are others that can. If my drives are squiffy as well then let me know. I tried the fix boot problems option in here but when it reboots I still get the 0xc0000034 error.

During other investigations today I have learnt that my XFX HD7850 card is not UEFI compatible so that may be something causing a problem too.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/66070-unable-install-windows-8-1-pro-n-64bit-ahci-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi So I upgraded my system Bought a new motherboard CPU CPU Cooler RAM PSU amp SSD Installed windows worked fine for the first week Now when I start my PC in the morning or from when I get in from work I install BSOD. 64bit Fresh and of now Windows 10 getting get a BSOD when the PC Boots first time When it restarts it loads windows fine without issues I've never had a BSOD happen while in the O S however did once have a funky issue where once it loaded my desktop it started to flicker as if Explorer exe was continuously restarting Fresh install of Windows 10 64bit and now getting BSOD. On this occasion I held the hard reset button in and once restarted was fine Not sure cause I am running Windows bit Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor MSI Z -GAMING ATX LGA Motherboard Corsair Vengeance Pro GB x GB DDR - Memory GB ASUS GTX DIRECT CU watt Corsair PSU The only 'old' thing is my Fresh install of Windows 10 64bit and now getting BSOD. GFX Card which I bought in Any help much appreciated Regards RedArrow

A:Fresh install of Windows 10 64bit and now getting BSOD.

Hi RedArrow,

Welcome to the 10forums and I am sorry for the delay.

I've been a little busy past few days as you might notice when looking at other threads.

Please turn off fast startup and let me know how it goes
Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Code:
Event[1469]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot
Date: 2016-01-06T22:04:00.602
Event ID: 29
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-GVONE8G
Description:
Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.
Please fill in your system specs in your 'My System Specs' for easier lookup for those that are trying to help Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36486-fresh-install-windows-10-64bit-now-getting-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I upgraded to Windows 8 from XP via unlock key without CD, forgetting that it'd be 32bit too.. I'm making a rebuild soon and I think 64bit would really benefit me, apart from some programs I use that are being discontinued in 32bit. A friend of mine recently upgraded to Win 8 too, but he bought the CD. Could I use his CD to overwrite my Win 8 32bit with a 64bit one? And another question: if I could (and I hope I can) is there an option during install to leave some free space for Linux? Having Windows 8 only is not safe ..

Thanks in advance.

A:Clean Install Windows 8 64bit over 32bit using another CD?

Installing under BIOS or UEFI? I assume your friend has two DVD's--one 32 bit and one 64 bit.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19003-clean-install-windows-8-64bit-over-32bit-using-another-cd.html
Relevancy 52.46%

how to install windows vista 32bit instead of 64bit, i don't like 64bit, i tried google, i cant find anything, reason i don't like it, beacuse my ps2 eye toy cam wont install the drive, beacuse only works for 32bit, i dont want a new webcam

A:how to install windows vista 32bit instead of 64bit

format and reinstall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-install-windows-vista-32bit-instead-of-64bit-323947.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have installed a software that requires .net framework 3.5 and for some reason i just can't install the .net framework 3.5 ! I have done some reading in the forum , did some scans , enable some things and still a no "Go" for me!

I have attached the log error from appcrashview , with the info why that software
that keeps crushing on me.

Will appreciate if anyone can help!
Thank you,
Regards.

A:Can't install .Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

You say you can't install .Net 3.5? It should be installed by default. First let's determine if you actually already have 3.5. An easy method is to navigate to C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework . You will have a folder for each version installed

Or a simple utility like .NET Version Detector

Also confirm it is enabled in Turn windows features on or off

Start> In search box type Turn windows features on or off> Enter> Scroll down to Microsoft .NET Framework> It will likely show 3.5.1 as mine does (even though I have V4 installed, 3.5 comes WITH Windows 7)> Make sure it is highlighted

Assuming you do actually already have it, then we're trying to determine why this program is asking for it? Why you think that's the issue, etc. We'd need to know what software is causing the issue, screenshots of any errors, and how you determined .net 3.5 is the issue.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/331788-cant-install-net-framework-3-5-windows-7-64bit-ultimate.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Basically I'm ready to explode. As you know, I'm running Ultimate. I recently decided to upgrade to a 64 bit OS. I purchased a 250 gb harddrive for it. (dualboot 32 bit and 64 bit win7) but my ISO file won't boot. I've tried everything. Yes, my PC is 64bit capable. Please help me.

P.S I don't have any spare flashdrives as they like breaking. And, sadly, no spare discs for a week. I can't eve partition because of some stupid disabled thing.

Thanks in advance, Rangi.

A:Can't install Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit?

You say you've tried everything, but that doesn't tell us what you've tried.

Did you download another ISO?

Did you try a slower burn?

Have you set your BIOS to use the DVD drive as the first boot device?

What exactly do you mean by your USB flash drives keep breaking?

If you do have a bad burn or a corrupted ISO, then really you're screwed until you get some more blank discs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/197412-cant-install-windows-7-home-premium-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Pro 64bit on an old computer that was Windows XP. The old computer had occasionally had BSOD. The new install of Windows 7 was fine to begin with but now I have had various BSOD over the last week. The computer is completely updated and all device drivers are up to date with the 64bit versions. I have also run MS ram tester which didnt throw anything up however will run it again later to double check.

I have attached the minidump zip file as per the forum instructions. The specs of the system I have also filled out in my bio bit.

Help you be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381025-various-bsod-fresh-install-windows-7-pro-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I just purchased and intalled windows 7 home premium 64bit. I have a 250gig hard drive, which now shows only 32 gig of free space. I've done little more than reload some pictures and a few programs I used when I had the computer set up with XP. Any suggestions as to why my hard drive is nearly full or where I went wrong with the setup?

A:New Windows 7 64bit install, now only 32 gig free of 232 gig harddrive

You can download an application such as WinDirStat that will reveal which folders are taking up the space.

Do you have only a single partition, C??

Post a picture of Windows Disk Management if possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/206449-new-windows-7-64bit-install-now-only-32-gig-free-232-gig-harddrive.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My laptop came with windows 10 pre-installed.  I've been trying to downgrade it to windows 7 64 bit.  Every time i put the CD in the drive to boot windows 7, it seems to work up until the point where it scans the hardware configuration.  At that point it asks me for drivers and will not continue. There are drivers for windows 7 on the product page for this model, but they look like drivers that you would use after you get windows installed. Can someone post me the steps about what i need to do in order to make this work?  What settings i need to have in the bios, and any drivers i would need for the install of windows 7? Thanks

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Y700 15ISK - How to install windows 7 64bit?

So to update this, i still haven't figured out how to install windows 7 on this.  Here's what i've done: I've used both the Windows 7 DVD and i created a bootable USB wiith it (UEFI Boot).  They work. I disabled the  security in the bios, so i could work with UEFI, but when i boot the machine with either, the windows 7 loading screen happens, then it freezes on the Starting Windows animated logo.  I can get no further. When i set the bios to boot in legacy mode it gets past that part, but then asks me for a driver.   I've downloaded all of the windows 7 64 bit drivers on the Y700-15ISK driver page, but none of them seem to be the driver that windows is looking for. Right now i'm a little at the end of my rope on this.  Any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-15ISK-How-to-install-windows-7-64bit/td-p/2230302
Relevancy 52.46%

i just buy new laptop, type is HP14-AN017AU  AMD, in here i need help to solve about OS for HP14-AN017AU,i just have installer Win 7 64bit i win7 64bit support for HP14-AN017AU, i hope anybody give me some link for driver, thanks before

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-i-install-HP14-AN017AU-windows-7-64bit/td-p/5854007
Relevancy 52.46%

I installed Windows 7 64bit SP1 a few weeks ago and it never completed the installation, so when I reboot the computer it constantly returns to Stage 4 of the set up and then fails at 69%. The computer then proceeds to reboot, but runs very slowly, and glitches occur when running various programs. It also continually tries to install security update KB2556532, but this install, which says it has been completed successfully, fails every time (and the system has tried to install this fix more than fifteen times). To solve the problems I tried to uninstall the Service Pack through Control Panel (programs and features utility), but when I bring up that screen it says that there are NO installed updates, even though I know for a fact that there are dozens of them.

Can I use the Windows 7 disks to do a repair, or do I need to do a clean install?

A:Windows 7 SP1 64bit Install and Uninstall problems

Happy New Year Apotheoun,

Please refer to out Tutorials below...

Repair Install

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/205628-windows-7-sp1-64bit-install-uninstall-problems.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi there,

i just got a new 1 TB Samsung HDD (HD105SI) with 32 MB cache, i tried to install Windows 7 HomePremium 64 bit but after the first restart in the installation process i get an error message, don't remember it exactly but it looks like this: "windows cannot configure one or more of hardware installed, restart your computer and restart installation again".

when i tried to install Windows HomePremium 32 bit on the same HDD it worked just fine, but i don't need 32 bit version, i need the 64!!

so, my question in brief: can i install a 64 bit version of windows 7 on a 32 mb cache hdd ?!!

thanks, guys : )

A:can i install Windows 7 HomePremium 64bit on a 32 MB Cache HDD ?!

Quote: Originally Posted by Nosha

hi there,

i just got a new 1 TB Samsung HDD (HD105SI) with 32 MB cache, i tried to install Windows 7 HomePremium 64 bit but after the first restart in the installation process i get an error message, don't remember it exactly but it looks like this: "windows cannot configure one or more of hardware installed, restart your computer and restart installation again".

when i tried to install Windows HomePremium 32 bit on the same HDD it worked just fine, but i don't need 32 bit version, i need the 64!!

so, my question in brief: can i install a 64 bit version of windows 7 on a 32 mb cache hdd ?!!

thanks, guys : )

Yes you can, remove any unnecessary hardware before installation
Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/127729-can-i-install-windows-7-homepremium-64bit-32-mb-cache-hdd.html
Relevancy 52.46%

OS windows 7 64 bit hp.

Goal: To install a program in local disk c -> windows folder -> windows subfolder.
I read on a site it will work.
I will first test it on a virtual maschine, in case you think it won't work.

I ran the installation as administrator, that is right click and press run as administrator.
Still during installation windows prompted, that it could not install the program in
a subfolder to the windows folder because not administrator.
And asked for a rerun of the installation as an administrator.
It's mine computer, so I'm administrator.

How do I install the program in the described subfolder?
Thanks.

A:Win 7 64bit won't allow to install program in the WINDOWS folder.

It's claimed, that if you install a sapi5 32bit voice in folder: disk c -> WINDOWS -> ... -> en-US
you can make a 32 bit voice the default voice when turning on the computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/200134-win-7-64bit-wont-allow-install-program-windows-folder.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I recently decided to swap my windows vista into the windows xp pro. I currently use an hp pavilion dv7-1245dx with windows vista home premium. ive been trying to format and look at various forums boards to try to find a solution for the famous blue error screen. every time that o pop the windows xp cd into the machine it goes like its about to install the windows and then doesn't let me choose the hard drive or anything it goes straight to the blue error message saying that theres something wrong with my HD or i have a virus which is impossible bc i even bought a new HD to try and still shows the same message

So please if anybody knows how to fix this proble, help me out

Thanks a lot.

Charles

Relevancy 52.46%

Curious to know if I can install Outlook 2003 onto Win7 Pro 64bit.

Would anyone know how to do this?

A:Install MS Outlook 2003 on Windows 7 64bit

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
It should be as easy as loading the install media disk and installing Office 2003,
Enter activation key when prompted to and hurry up and wait for it to install
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/370964-install-ms-outlook-2003-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey Everyone so recently ive been trying to install a few programs to no avail The progress bar gets so far Windows any programs install/uninstall 7 64bit Can't before chucking up an error and then doing a rollback Every program says a different error but they all fail This includes programs from the visual studio php IDE AVG and Bit Defender I figured maybe something was corrupt so i even tried unisstalling Can't install/uninstall any programs 64bit Windows 7 Visual studio again to no avail wont even start the uninstallation progress Also tried to do a system restore and it says its not working properly and corrupt Cause of these problems i guessed i had viruses etc did a few prelim scans and found a Can't install/uninstall any programs 64bit Windows 7 few things but no matter how many times i cleaned them they still came back Ive attached the logs so if any has any insight that would be great DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Timmy J at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x GIGABYTE G O M GCSVR EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Powerware LanSafe Bin PowerMonitor exe C Program Files x Powerware LanSafe Bin LSTrayAgent exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows SysWOW IoctlSvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System snmp exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows SysWOW vmnat exe C Program Files x Blue Coat K Web Protection k filter exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C Windows SysWOW vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files x Windows Live Device Manager msgrdvmn exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files UltraMon UltraMon exe C Program Files x Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files x Lavalys EVEREST Ultimate Edition everest exe C Program Files x Internet Content Filter SafeEyes exe C Windows SysWOW CtHelper exe C Windows SysWOW Ctxfihlp exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Windows SysWOW CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files UltraMon UltraMonTaskbar exe C Windows SysWOW CML exe C Program Files x X watch x watch exe C Program Files x Stardock ObjectDock Dock exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files x Common Files Realtime Soft RTSHookInterop x RTSHookInterop exe C Windows system mmc exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Program Files UltraMon UltraMonUiAcc exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Program Files x Mozilla... Read more

A:Can't install/uninstall any programs 64bit Windows 7

Just also found out that now task manager wont startup regardless of the multiple ways i try to get it running.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/cant-install-uninstall-any-programs-64bit-windows-7-a-428855.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Just for future reference, build 7000 of Windows 7 dosent work with QEMU, I set up a machine with the ISO in the virtual disk drive and set it to boot from said ISO but it didnt want to run.

I downloaded the latest version of VirtualBox and that worked fine, by the way

A:QEMU dosent like Windows 7

Thanks for the heads up

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/1276-qemu-dosent-like-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have really come to the final straw where i really just want to break this so called computer It all started a few months ago When all my windows apps wouldnt work online and i couldnt use a microsoft account on the computer I seen that it was windows update and it has alot of updates around security etc updates This is a gaming laptop ASUS X L series Everything in hardware works fine and i bought it brand new this year Now When i go to update on quot Windows update quot i click install and download all Now The green bar loads for about second then the quot Windows update quot dosent respond Ive tried almost everything and apparently its not common and i tried googleing it everywhere contacting microsoft they told me to hit the road and computer chat sites that told me to leave and contact microsoft I have alot of files on this computer i dont wanna lose I dont have the windows disc as i bought this computer brand new without it I need to update it to want well 8.1 but dosent as wants Windows to update, windows Thats the main thing here Ive tried doing small amounts of updates even doing update at a time even the update is kb it wont work and its just plain stupid Again i bought a computer to use Ive been trying to solve this all night and ive been Windows 8.1 wants to update, but it dosent want to as well up all night trying to find a solution The stupid lady where i bought the computer told me to try windows Ive never had many problems with windows as windows Please help Im very annoyed

A:Windows 8.1 wants to update, but it dosent want to as well

You don't need a Windows 8.1 disk to upgrade to 8.1, it can be done over internet.
Windows 8.1 - Update to from Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58397-windows-8-1-wants-update-but-dosent-want-well.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Well When you start theres 2 black screen on the second your supose to press a random number so that the installation begin BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ? mines dosent
Searching Boot Record CDROM (Not Found) <---------- WTF ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-installation-dosent-appear.624993/
Relevancy 52.03%

I can get hd-dvd to run on vista 32bit with powerdvd ultra deluxe, but it just crashes on 64bit, anyone recommend some progs for 64bit

A:64bit High Def proggy?

Do you have a HD monitor? If not no proggy can turn your monitor into a HD monitor.

As for programs to view HD Video DVD. I would suggest googling it.

Sorry I am not much more help than that But I hate to see empty posts...

http://www.vistax64.com/software/115197-64bit-high-def-proggy.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve been doing a lot of research work 380 Premiere with Precision Dell Will 5.1 Adobe Workstation? on this and so far configured this system to run Adobe Premiere with I m pretty new to all this so I may be missing some important components Dell Precision Workstation this system is recommended by Dell for use with Adobe Intel Pentium Processor GHz MB L MHz Microsoft Windows XP Professional Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation? SP with media NTFS File System Hyper-threading feature preset to On can be disabled enabled in BIOS GB MHz DDR SDRAM Memory NECC DIMMS will probably increase it to GB Desktop Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation? w -Optical drives mounted horizontally in Desktop orientation is mini-tower better System comes with an Integrated Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet Controller what is an Ethernet controller does that have to do with Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation? networking another computer I also want to keep my old system running with WINS so I ll need to purchase a router that will work both with WINS and WINS XP Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet controller-PCI Express card do I need this C All SATA drives RAID drive total configuration All Systems include embedded SATA RAID capability RAID Raid requires at least drives Boot drive GB SATA RPM Hard Drive with DataBurst Cache RAID Mixing of SATA SCSI Hard Drives is allowed but the st Hard drive or Boot Hard drive must be SATA When ordering RAID all hard drives in the RAID must be exactly the same capacity speed and type nd Hard drive GB SATA RPM Hard Drive with MB DataBurst Cache CD-ROM DVD and Read-Write Devices I always get confused with what these and the - and s and RW and R s and what the difference is between a DVD Rom and one that you can write to I want to be able to use CD s to save files photos as I do with our current computer As for DVD s I would think I d need that too XCD AND X CD-RW DVD Combo w CyberLink PowerDVD No Media CD-RW AND DVD -RW w Sonic software CyberLink PowerDVD No Media not sure which one MB Dell USB Hi-Speed Memory Key Whats this Graphics card MB PCIe x nVidia Quadro NVS Dual Monitor VGA Capable Dell inch M inch viewable Flat CRT we ll only be using monitor This system comes equipped with Integrated HD audio optimized system is required when selecting these cards this Sound Blaster also confuses me Someone said on a message board that the Sound Blaster causes problems with Adobe Sound Blaster Audigy D Card with a a port Sound Blaster Audigy D Card AND a Controller Card or a Controller Card do I need the sound blaster or is this enough Thanks a bunch for your help nbsp

A:Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation?

No problem whatsoever---you wont need raid for editing DV--its really not necessary. Yes your ethernet controler is for your network connections and thus it will be used for the Internet. All routers will run XP and 98. Forget about the integrated audio for any serious audio editing (the forgotten element of video editing) Also, make sure you dont use the sound blaster for you firewire connection----lots of reported problems. Go with a seperate firewire card with a TI chipset.

Last but not least, Premiere 5.1 is not a very stable program----they didn't get it right until version 6.0 so if possible, UPGRADE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-adobe-premiere-5-1-work-with-dell-precision-380-workstation.379894/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am getting ready to do the Windows Pro bit install on my P Q Pro Center Pro with/Media install Windows Desktop 8 64bit Turbo C Duo desktop I am downloading all the newest drivers and picking out the programs I will not be using ran the advisor which told me what I already guess would be issues I usually disable the hidden Full Administrator account but i think this time I am not going to go that route I have been running W Pro on Laptop since it was released back in August with no issues art all runs very fast and stable only problem is cannot use my Symantec End Point I have used for years so have settled for the built in security which is doing a good job I have the keys to enable the Media Center since I have tuner in the Desktop install Windows 8 Pro with/Media Center 64bit desktop and i also run Media Center in the dv us Laptop with no issues If any one has any tips let me no and yes this will be clean install

A:Desktop install Windows 8 Pro with/Media Center 64bit

I wouldn't recommend the built-in Admin account as a daily driver as it can't run modern/metro apps, but if all it's going to be is an HTPC it should be fine. However, given the HTPC stuff will run fine as a limited user account and get the additional sandboxing and security, I'm not sure there's really a need to run as admin either. Just my thoughts, virtually out loud .

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/11691-desktop-install-windows-8-pro-media-center-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Quick recap Thursday I reformatted my pc due to long time issues that finally piled up Fail Install Win 7 64bit Fresh UpdateS Windows I installed windows home bit from my original legit windows upgrade disc I got when windows was released I've used this disc for this before and worked fine The install went smooth and windows activation worked perfectly right when I booted up I was able to activate no problem I installed my drivers and enabled automatic updates Windows went through a series of - updates installing at a time then it had one big spurt of about updates All were installing fine but a few were failing and kept re trying during the next update Finally I'm at a point now where the Windows UpdateS Fail Fresh Win 7 64bit Install same updates keep failing I've tried running Fix it SFC Scan shows no problems System update readiness tool installs and finishes and still The updates fail Attached is the CBS folder Error Windows UpdateS Fail Fresh Win 7 64bit Install s found Code E Code Windows UpdateS Fail Fresh Win 7 64bit Install B Code The Failing updates are KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB I've read online someone suggested to reformat again turn off automatic updates install the Service Pack from the iso from microsofts website then manually install updates like or so at a time until you're all caught up Seems like a hassle but I'm willing to do this if this means it will solve my issue so I'm trying to upload the cbs zip folder and my zip is mb when I try to upload it just times out and gives me a error is there a way I can lower this file size by deleting some of its contents it says the zip limit is only mb but my file is over times that Edit So I tried to make a zip of just the cbs text file inside the cbs folder but that file is still mb when I open the cbs text file thinking I could select half of it and make two separate zip files from two separate text files the problem is this text file is so massive its got to be like over pages long when I drag to select only half of it to copy and paste to a new file I will be here for hours just spinning my mouse wheel hmm Edit okay I think I got it I told WinRAR to split to maximum file size and I think it worked CBS rar

A:Windows UpdateS Fail Fresh Win 7 64bit Install

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and postthe requested data

If thefile is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files untilthe final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately afterzipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for anumber of reasons)

Pleasealso post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373539-windows-updates-fail-fresh-win-7-64bit-install.html