Windows Support Forum

Bluetooth mouse doesn't work

Q: Bluetooth mouse doesn't work

Hi
I recently bought a new laptop (ASUS K70IC) that has no Bluetooth (BT). I also bought a Bluetooth mouse with it, Genius 905BT and an USB Bluetooth dongle, I thought that would work. But it doesn't. Other Bluetooth devices show up when I search for them, but the mouse doesn't. I tried that in XP SP3 too (desktop PC) but it doesnt show up there either.
So my questions are:
1. Does anyone have a configuration of a BT USB dongle + BT mouse?
2. Do you think it should work? (BT dongle + BT mouse)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bluetooth mouse doesn't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Bluetooth mouse doesn't work

Have you put your mouse into the "Discovery Mode"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/51551-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello all Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse Bluetooth doesn't work on my Professional Mouse doesn't work on Bluetooth 64bit Microsoft 7 Windows Dell laptop Here is some more detailed information Laptop Dell Vostro Operation System Windows Professional bit SP Steps to reproduce turn on Bluetooth of Sculpt Touch Mouse go to 'Devices Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit and Printers' add a device double click 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' on the list of popup screen the 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' device icon will be added to device list on 'Devices and Printers' ovserved that the icon of 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' was grey out and couldn't be used tried to move the mouse but no response and the light on the top of the mouse keeps flashing red lt -- gt green The Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse was suppose to be setup install in one minute That's why I prefer to buying the Microsoft mouse product But it wasn't It took me few days to try to install it and it was still failed Could everyone tell me how to fix that Thanks

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Try installing this software/driver for microsoft mouse and keyboard first: Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/363911-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work-windows-7-professional-64bit.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

A:My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karstin1812

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

Hi Karstin,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You would need to re-install Bluetooth software/driver for your system. Please check the link below for finding out the drivers:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289528-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-bttray-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I've had this problem for quite a while now and it's starting to drive me crazy My bluetooth devices can't connect to my laptop because it appears as though they can't find it at all The device work doesn't Bluetooth bluetooth speakers was already added and used to work with my laptop and it still works with my phone or other computers without any trouble but my laptop's bluetooth just isn't working I Bluetooth doesn't work can't delete it from my added devices to try and re-add it Worst of all I can't open Bluetooth settings at all Not using Control Panel not using the bluetooth icon not using search just not at all I click it and nothing happens So I've tried to look it up in Services msc to see if it might be disabled but it says it should be running In msconfig it says the Bluetooth service is stopped however Either way I'd love to use my bluetooth devices with my laptop again so if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Go back to Services and right click on the Bluetooth support service and double click on it.

When the Bluetooth support service properties open look to see what the startup type is, then click on Start in the the Service status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537040/bluetooth-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all!

I have bought a HP 6730b notebook (type: HP KU216ET), it has got built-in Bluetooth. I have installed 32bit Windows 7, but the bluetooth doesn't work. I cannot find any driver to make that working good..

HP Compaq 6730b Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center - here is a driver for XP, but when I install, it said that I have to turn on Bluetooth... I don't know what to do...

I don't know what's the type of the built-in Bluetooth, maybe broadcom, I tried this driver: Broadcom.com - Bluetooth Software Download

but there's the same message while install: Turn on Bluetooth...

What can I do? I have a bluetooth mouse, so I need to make bluetooth working good...

Thx a lot!

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Look in "Services" and see if it's enabled.
Type services.msc in the start search box, then click on the gear icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/15617-bluetooth-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a z5000 Bluetooth mouse that seems to add successfully to my new ZBook 15 with Windows 7, but the cursor on screen doesn't respond with any movement or button presses. I have tried removing and adding the mouse several times, pressing the connect button, turning the mouse on and off, and rebooting the laptop. The same mouse worked fine on my previous laptop (Elitebook 8560w) also with Win7. I have checked properties for the mouse and everything says the device is working properly. I have replaced the battery on the off-chance that was the problem.  I have tried adding a different bluetooth mouse (same model), with the same results. The mice don't respond.

A:Z5000 Bluetooth mouse installs but doesn't respond

Nekanuq wrote:I have a z5000 Bluetooth mouse that seems to add successfully to my new ZBook 15 with Windows 7, but the cursor on screen doesn't respond with any movement or button presses. I have tried removing and adding the mouse several times, pressing the connect button, turning the mouse on and off, and rebooting the laptop. The same mouse worked fine on my previous laptop (Elitebook 8560w) also with Win7. I have checked properties for the mouse and everything says the device is working properly. I have replaced the battery on the off-chance that was the problem.  I have tried adding a different bluetooth mouse (same model), with the same results. The mice don't respond.Did you install the Bluetooth software for the mouse? Sometimes it requires you to install the right bluetooth software for the mouse and it properties to work correct??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Z5000-Bluetooth-mouse-installs-but-doesn-t-respond/td-p/4778723
Relevancy 68.37%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.37%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699
Relevancy 68.37%

I have this exact issue:

A Bluetooth device stops working, and you receive error code 43 together with event 17 after you resume a computer that is running Windows 7 from sleep

It used to happen sometimes on Win 7 32 bit, I've now changed to Win 7 64 bit and I can replicate it everytime I put the machine in and out of sleep.

The only way to fix is to use a different USB mouse to go into Device Manager and disable/re-enable the bluetooth device.

The reason for my post is that I requested the hotfix, yet upon trying to install it, I get a message telling me that it's not applicable for my PC?

Win 7 64 bit Home Premium, SP1, with all available Windows updates installed.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

A:Bluetooth doesn't work after resuming from S3

Usually power state errors like this can be resolved through driver updates too.
Have you pursued seeking driver updates via the company that provided the device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187340-bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-resuming-s3.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all I need some Bluetooth work Helix doesn't help with my new Helix - CG nbsp I've been using this machine Helix Bluetooth doesn't work for almost a month and bluetooth never even showed up in Windows With all the drivers installed BIOS updated to latest version Bluetooth is not working neither showed up ever in Device Manager nbsp Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS and the Bluetooth service also in Windows Services but no change Disabling and re-enabling it in BIOS with several restarts was also no success nbsp nbsp I tried Broadcom's official driver too but the driver couldn't even detect my bluetooth device nbsp Recently I upgraded to Windows to see if it solves the problem but still no change I installed the official Lenovo Bluetooth driver The installation was quick and succesful but still no bluetooth after all nbsp I think I tried every possible solution but there is still no Bluetooth in Windows Device Manager What could I possibly do now nbsp Thank you in advance Solved Go to Solution

A:Helix Bluetooth doesn't work

I've had the exact same problem with my 3701-33M. Sent in to Lenovo and it turns out the bluetooth device was missing. Pulled out another brand new one I had on hand, same thing, sent in, no bluetooth card physically installed. The build sheets for these device serial numbers show an asterisk next to the bluetooth device saying "or equivalent". Received my replacement unit under warranty and guess what? Also has no bluetooth. Seems like a full manufacturing batch went out without the cards even being installed. Pretty dodgy QC on these Helixes unfortunately.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Helix-Bluetooth-doesn-t-work/td-p/2193130
Relevancy 68.37%

I just instal my laptop with windows 8.1, but the bluetooth devices can not connect with others devices such as smartphone, tabs, etc. whereas in the device manager there are two devices for bluetooh. please help! Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-bluetooth-device-doesn-t-work/td-p/5782028
Relevancy 68.37%

All clicks are inactive. right clicking, left clicking and even when you leave the mouse over the start button or any folder for a description it doesn't work.

I currently am running Windows XP Home Edition. I have to run in system recovery mode (safemode but you are still running the OS). It is very hard to because nothing runs on startup in recovery mode so I am very limited because my spyware protection does not work.

If you can help me please do.

Thank you!

A:Mouse clicking doesn't work only moviong around the mouse

You have told us absolutely nothing about your system so all I can answer with is do XP Repair:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
If you do not have a Windows XP cd, then you will need to buy one. Or use system restore disk to wipe out drive and return to clean and new as once was....those are the only options for what you have told us or if you have a ps2 mouse try a usb mouse, but I still think your system must be totally corrupted and need the XP repair bare minimum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-clicking-doesnt-work-only-moviong-around-the-mouse.554642/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW doesn't Windows Bluetooth My Professional on work 7 x64 J laptop with built in bluetooth Broadcom Widcomm Alps My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional something like that some drivers had the former name others the last one I use Windows x Professional and it seems that the bluetooth doesn't My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional work After the fresh install few months ago it worked Meanwhile I didn't use it because I didn't need it But today I tried to use it but it can't find my device mobile phone I tried with many device but it seems that the bluetooth doesn't scan for devices I can't also see it from other device my phone doesn't see it I tried three driver versions but none of them does anything more than what I have described above The install does all good but after that nothing work I see the BT icon in tray near the volume icon but if I click on it it appears an empty page scanning for new device forever Neither adding a device nor opening the settings worked The quot Allow new device to connect quot is blurred gray so I can't click it If I uninstall the driver Windows uses its own driver but this does also not work I think it's not a driver problem but a Windows one since it worked some time ago I don't know what to do Can anyone help me Thanks in advance

A:My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

Hi,
After the fresh install (few months ago) it worked.

So we know that it does actually work with Windows 7, but you just cant get it to now.

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

The "Allow new device to connect" is blurred gray, so I can't click it.

What about "Add a Device"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/58744-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-windows-7-x64-professional.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I have a USB Bluetooth Dongle I use this with XP sp that I keep fully updated I did an update today and following this my bluetooth dongle does not work I have used the windows update site to look at my update history and it tells me that one of my udates was this iAnywhere - Other hardware - ISSC EDR Bluetooth after doesn't Bluetooth update work windows USB Adapter I think that if i remove this and try again my bluetooth dongle should work edit I should add that I am unable to find this program to remove it - which is why I am posting I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and it doesn t seem to do any good Does anyone have any ideas please Will I Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update have a ghost image that I took today just before doing the windows update I could just restore Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update the image but am a little nervous because I have never done it before nbsp

A:Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update

Hi,

You'll be glad to know I stopped being a WUSS, and restored the Ghost image I made this morning. It was nerve wracking but went well. I'm posting here after all.

Will

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-windows-update.111783/
Relevancy 67.51%

The Bluetooth BT mouse of my laptop with build-in BT module seems to work just does why work? .... Bluetooth it works, mouse but fine However I don't understand why the Bluetooth mouse works because in the Controlpanel Network and Internet Network Connections the Adapter Bluetooth Device Personal Area Bluetooth mouse works, but .... why does it work? Network is DISABLED On the other hand in Device Manager- gt Bluetooth Radios there are two entries Bluetooth Module Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator MBE If I disable only the MBE then the BT mouse stops working If I disable Bluetooth mouse works, but .... why does it work? the Bluetooth Module then MBE disappears all together and the mouse stops working too So it is the MBE that controls the mouse but what is then the relationship between the MBE and the Bluetooth Adapter in Controlpanel Network And Internet Network Connections Are MBE and the Bluetooth Adapter in Network Connections two parallel Bluetooth structures stacks alongside each other Or does the Bluetooth Adapter sits on a higher level and get access to the Bluetooth hardware module of the laptop through the two Bluetooth Radio entries in Device Manager I've been reading about the OSI model and trying to figure out what Bluetooth components in Windows sit where exactly in the OSI model but it remains fuzzy to me how Bluetooth Device Manager components relate to the Bluetooth Network Adapter Can anyone shed some more light on the relationship between the Bluetooth Device Manager components and the Bluetooth Adapter Any info about websites or docs with some in-depth content about the relationship could help too Thanks in advance johan

A:Bluetooth mouse works, but .... why does it work?

Hi,

I see you didnt get a reply.

As far as I remember The connection listed on the network connections page as Blue tooth Pan is a Network Connection allowing you to connect to the internet say via a smart fone or other bluetooth enabled device with an internet connection.

Blue devices such as a mouse or keyboard are listed on the devices page

Hope this helps

Thelaptopguru

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311474-bluetooth-mouse-works-but-why-does-work.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My wife just got a new laptop. It's one of the 13" sizes, so it's got only 2 USB ports but it has an internal Bluetooth card.

I'm thinking of gettinh a wireless mouse - Logitech VX Nano, specifically. I was looking thru it's details online and I can't figure out if wireless mice can connect via BT or is that little USB wireless dongle that it comes with work on a different frequency or something specific for wireless mice.

Thanks.

A:Wireless Mouse work with Bluetooth?

The Logitech VX Nano is not a bluetooth mouse. If you want a bluetooth mouse, you must purchase one made specifically to connect via bluetooth.

If you did a Google search with the words "bluetooth mouse," (w/out the quotes), here are the results you would get :

http://www.google.com/search?q=bluetooth+mouse&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a

Good luck!

Mollie

P.S. The link above may appear with a smilie in the middle of it - it won't post any other way unless I disable smilies; however, if you click on the link, it still works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-mouse-work-with-bluetooth.815165/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Recently I acquired a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse It works perfectly well both on my Android tablet and on my old but efficient Netbook still running valiantly under XP SP Never a does work Mouse not Bluetooth desktop on Win 10 problem in pairing the mouse on these two machines and no problem either with the Logitech Bluetooth portable keyboard K which is a Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop real marvel in its own right On the Android Lollipop tablet Bluetooth is built in while the built-in Bluetooth feature on the Netbook gave up some time ago but was replaced by a dongle Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop which does its job without a hiccup So far so good On my desktop running on Windows which has no built-in Bluetooth capability but the Bluetooth quot service quot coming with Windows I use the same dongle as on the Netbook With the Logitech keyboard mentioned above no problem whatsoever Bluetooth quot sees quot it immediately and pairs it in seconds - so there is certainly nothing wrong either with the dongle or with pairing a device or the Bluetooth drivers and softwares which came with the dongle or with the Windows Bluetooth properties which are correctly started and functioning It's the Microsoft Mouse that presents an apparently intractable problem on that same desktop When activating the Mouse so that it can be detected when one wants to add a device it is quot seen quot almost immediately It is when wanting to pair the device to the machine that the problem arises The pairing as such takes a far longer time than it normally does and when that operation concludes I get error messages saying either that the mouse did not send the correct pairing code OR that it did not send a pairing reaction at all So this is quite mysterious Having a device that functions perfectly well with other machines and not at all on my powerful desktop while it can be detected and while other devices function normally I guess that the problem resides with that quot code quot However Windows does not ask for it and Microsoft says that the mouse does not need one - which makes things even more strange since it mentions a code when the pairing misfires Attached some screenshots They are in Dutch language of my Win OS but the images speak for themselves The error message on the rd screenshot says quot Communication with Bluetooth device has failed No pairing reaction received quot Sometimes after bootup the error message says failure but quot Bluetooth device sends wrong code quot I wonder if someone will find a solution to this riddle Best haku

A:Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop

I have 2 Notebooks with Bluetooth and find that having their own mouse works much better/more reliably than switching 1 mouse from one to the other. I also have a Bluetooth mouse on my MacBook Pro. Two of the mice are from Microsoft and the third is from Targus. I also have a Bluetooth dongle on a Win7 computer for pairing my phone and PDA. It is important to have the drivers for the Bluetooth dongle. The Notebook Bluetooth adapters are part of the Wi-Fi adapter.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39649-bluetooth-mouse-does-not-work-win-10-desktop.html
Relevancy 66.65%

The problem appeared in two different laptops (Lenovo and Fujitsu). The bluetooth hardware is not visible in device manager anymore, but unrecognized device appeared. Driver reinstall doesn't help. Driver installation setup says there is no bluetooth hardware.
PC Suite is installed , worked fine before.

How to restore bluetooth?

A:After Windows 7 update bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

Eventually Fujitsu went to service as it stopped booting even from CD and USB. Had MOBO replaced. Came back yesterday had win 7 installed. Everything was fine till I installed Nokia Ovi and tried to use Bluetooth. Then the same hapenned - first USB unknown device than no boot at all. I am desperate - I dont believe this is hardware (2 mobos?) but I can't access the machine at all. If this was software it should boot from Win 7 DVD - but it hangs displaying 'starting windows'. I can access BIOS setup and I can boot only some DOS emergency boot CD allowing me to copy or erase whole disc, but I can't reinstall OS. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-windows-7-update-bluetooth-doesnt-work-anymore.985379/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Dell vostro 1220. I recently upgraded from XP 32 to 7 64. Everything is working fine except the bluetooth adapter. The drivers are installed, it appears in the device manager but not in Control Panel > Network and Internet. I've tried different bluetooth stack software but the problem seams to be with the hardware. It just won't switch on.

I did some hardware upgrades as well more ram and HDD to SSD, all working fine. OS install went well, back up was fine. I'm out of ideas other than I broke it when opening up the laptop. I hope this isn't the case.

Suggestions?

A:Bluetooth adapter issue - it exists but it doesn't work

Quote: Originally Posted by nyler

I have a Dell vostro 1220. I recently upgraded from XP 32 to 7 64. Everything is working fine except the bluetooth adapter. The drivers are installed, it appears in the device manager but not in Control Panel > Network and Internet. I've tried different bluetooth stack software but the problem seams to be with the hardware. It just won't switch on.

I did some hardware upgrades as well more ram and HDD to SSD, all working fine. OS install went well, back up was fine. I'm out of ideas other than I broke it when opening up the laptop. I hope this isn't the case.

Suggestions?

Hi nyler,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let me know which wireless/bluetooth network card you have on the system. You need to update the application and driver for the system.

Let us know the model so we can provide you the exact link to get it updated. Check this video which would be helpful in updating all the drivers:

Updating Dell Drivers

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308665-bluetooth-adapter-issue-exists-but-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 66.65%

After tha last automatic update of Microsoft Windows 10 the bluetooth doesn't work. I can turn it on and off, but it doesn't recognize other devices and is not detected its presence from other devices, such as smartphones, so it is impossible to put them in communication and exchange files. Please, may anyone help me? Thank you, very much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-doesn-t-work-after-last-windows-10-updates-on/td-p/5795594
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi!I tried to reinstall the drivers for wireless, but it seems that the device manager recognizes that the notebook has bluetooth (Ralink_RT3290), however, it does not function. Can you please help?Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-g6-2303-sh-bluetooth-detected-but-doesn-t-work-on/td-p/5833858
Relevancy 66.65%

Okay I'm getting 2 different problems occurring every time I resume my computer from sleep.

So far I've only tried getting my Bluetooth mouse to work after sleep and that hasn't work. This is what I did: Run>Services.msc (My bluetooth is Toshiba) so I went to the Toshiba Bluetooth service and changed it from manual to Automatic. Should I change the logged on as (it's currently Local System).
The service starts although it's just that my bluetooth mouse doesn't want to work after resuming from sleep.

My other sleep problem is 2 of my 2TB (both Samsung HD203WI) disappear after resuming from sleep. Only my SSD (Kingston 64GB) and my other 2TB (Samsung HD204UI) show up.

My Computer:
ASRock 890FX, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.3Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 3 SATA HDDs, 750-watt PSU

A:[SOLVED] After computer sleeps: Hard Drives disappear and Bluetooth mouse doesn't wor

Go to Start type in devmgmt.msc hit enter. Located USB hubs right click on each the properties advanced change the power settings by unticking "allow system to power down to save power" see if that helps.

Do this for each USB Hub.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-after-computer-sleeps-hard-drives-disappear-and-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-wor-639821.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a laptop lenovo ThinkPad T420 and I had the OS upgraded from Windows 7 32Bit to Windows 7 64 Bit.

My Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 can be detected and is listed as one of the Bluetooth devices, however the mouse does not move.

I did some google-ing to try to trouble-shoot and I tried the following:
Go to the Power Management page and clear the checkbox ?Allow the computer to
turn off this device to save power?. And finally, relief! No more disconnects.
Apparently there is a bug in the power management of the Bluetooth driver
under Windows 7.

But it did not help.

Can someone help me ?

A:Can't get Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 to work

Found the following link where member: jetpack1976 resolved my problem:

MS Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 not working

Hi Durden,
Went to another site and found a solution that worked. You might want to try it out.
Go to START icon and type in services.msc and select services.
The dialog box that opens has a long list of stuff but look for BLUETOOTH SUPPORT SERVICE. Double click to open. Make sure it is AUTOMATIC. Go to the LOG tab. Choose THIS ACCOUNT and type in LOCAL SERVICE. A list of password (a 15-dot string) would appear. Delete all the password in the PASSWORD and under CONFIRM. Choose Okay.
It will ask you to restart the service. Once restarted, turn on your bluetooth adaptor again. Put your mouse in pairing mode and add the mouse. It works perfectly!!!
Give it a try and see if it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293709-cant-get-microsoft-bluetooth-notebook-mouse-5000-work.html
Relevancy 66.22%

HP x4000b Bluetooth mouse does not work with Dell Latitude E5450 notebook and Windows 7.  My Dell notebook/laptop is connected to the HP Bluetooth mouse, but it will not pair.I purchased the mouse on Nov. 6, 2016 from BestBuy.  It works flawlessly with my MacBook Pro 2013.I have made sure to turn off BlueTooth on all my Apple devices.I have removed the USB for the my wireless mouse to make sure that's not interfering.I have tried all Dell and HP diagnostics for BlueTooth.I have run Dell System Detect and Support Assist.  The Bluetooth for the notebook is working correctly.I have installed fresh batteries in the mouse.The mouse power button is on and I've tried pressing the Connect button on the mouse multiple times.I followed the instructions on this page to update the driver: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-x4000b-bluetooth-mouse/5286917I've rebooted multiple times. Please help.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-x4000b-Bluetooth-mouse-does-not-work-with-Dell-Latitude/td-p/5837561
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi i really hope someone could help me because i'm desperate I tried everything i could find on google and didn't fix it Here is my problem I have acer laptop and usb mouse At once mouse stopped working so I took mouse from my other PC plugged in lap and that mouse worked When I bought new mouse for my lap work Mouse doesn't he didn't work too Then I tried both mices old one Mouse doesn't work and new one on my other PC and they WORK So I thought that usb ports doesn't work on my lap but then I tried with usb flash and mouse from Mouse doesn't work other pc with mouse of my friend and all that worked on lap So I don't understand what is problem with mices why my mices wont work on my lap and mices from other computers want How to fix this And one thing more after few days when I wanted simply to exchange one my mouse with mouse from other PC both of my mices didn't work on other PC but they worked before I don't understand Please help me

A:Mouse doesn't work

I'm taking a wild guess on this, but I think the receptacle is damaged. By plugging in the additional mouse you probably damaged the pins in the mouse also, hence they don't always work in another computer. If this is the case, you're also going to damage the receptacle in the other computer. The symbol on the plug tells you which way to line up the pins. Forcing when not in the correct direction results in problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-doesnt-work-623264.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
I have USB keyboard and I installed PS/2 mouse to my PC. Mouse doesn't work and when I check the control panel -> mouse for errors it says this:
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

USB Keyboard: Microsoft comfort curve 2000
PS/2 Mouse: Logitech M-SPF90

- Tinke80

A:PS/2 mouse doesn't work

Without any system specs its hard to say... Are you sure about the model of your mouse? I was unable to find it using google.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/23383-ps-2-mouse-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I am using Windows -bit on my laptop I am trying to use a USB mouse that without mouse USB USB doesn't work Hub I recently was given through a USB port on my laptop This doesn't seem to work however as my laptop doesn't even recognize that a device is plugged in The mouse has a built in light which does turn on though I tried the other USB ports on my laptop USB mouse doesn't work without USB Hub but there was no result Other USB mice and devices work fine on my laptop So I thought maybe the mouse was faulty I tried the mouse in question on another computer with Windows -bit and it worked fine It recognized the new device and installed the drivers I was confused I then tried using the mouse by plugging it through a USB hub which I plugged into the laptop For some reason this seemed to work The laptop finally recognized the mouse and installed the drivers I tried searching online for some solution but couldn't really find anything USB mouse doesn't work without USB Hub I did read that there USB mouse doesn't work without USB Hub may be a possibility of not enough power in my USB ports But I'm not sure this is right because other devices work absolutely fine Also My USB hub does not have any external power it just plugs into the laptop I also tried to find drivers online but there don't seem to be any Here is a link to the mouse in question mine has a different company's name on it - Prime Line Promotional Products Supplier form function fun asi Anyone know how I can use my mouse without the USB hub plugged in Any help is appreciated MT

A:USB mouse doesn't work without USB Hub

Does the mouse use the default driver (mouhid.sys) or any other driver is needed to run it?
Uninstall the driver from device manager and a reboot may work if it uses the default driver. In the other situation an updated driver should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/281553-usb-mouse-doesnt-work-without-usb-hub.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My friend has an eMachine W3050. The mouse quit working. It is a PS/2 mouse. We tried a new mouse and a USB mouse. None will work. USB mouse says "problem with this hardware". He does not have internet so there should be no viruses. I also did the reinstall to original configuration. That worked while the PC was at my house. When he got it home it didn't work.

Weird!

So what can we do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-doesnt-work.580013/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
My mouse isn't working...can u please help?

Thanks.

Relevancy 64.07%

i got an iHome 5 button optical usb mouse and it doesn't seem to work with my dell inspiron 1545, any ideas?
I've tried all usb ports
i've installed it

A:Usb mouse doesn't work?

Do the USB ports work with other USB devices?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-mouse-doesnt-work.132320/
Relevancy 64.07%

when I start up my computer the mouse doesn't work... it just is frozen.... I tried restarting and the same thing happened. This has happened a few times before, and basically I just don't use my computer for a few days, and then I start it up again and it works fine. Anyone know what's going on/how I can fix it or something?
BTW I can't really unplug it because it's nearly impossible to access the back of the computer, where the mouse is plugged in. What should I do?

Right now I'm using the keyboard and the numlock thing to move the mouse, which is REALLY frustrating and slow

Relevancy 64.07%

Hey everyone thanks in advance for your help The original problem with this computer was a virus which after I removed it corrupted the Lsass exe file causing the computer to reboot within seconds of entering Windows I m going to skip most of the things I tried to fix it because they are irrelevant but the final way I fixed it most likely caused the problem I ended up booting off of Hirens and went into Mini-XP From there I took a restore point in the system information Work Doesn't Mouse folder and copied over all the registry items in snapshot i e Sam Security Software etc into the System Config folder I restarted the computer and finally I had fixed the problem but to my dismay the Mouse Doesn't Work mouse would only work for the first seconds after it was plugged in and then after plug in attempts it no longer worked at all I tried a Windows repair then a chkdsk r in recovery console then uninstalling the drivers then erasing the registry items then copying over the drivers from another XP computer but none of these have helped This problem has me completely baffled

A:Mouse Doesn't Work

If someone could please help me soon that would be awesome. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366153/mouse-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 63.64%

I just formating my pc to windows 7 when he restaring the keabord and mouse doen't work... i find the setting bios and didnt understand any thing and the bios setting look like this https://www.google.com/search?q=bios+version+8&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=is...

A:My mouse and my keaboard doesn't work

Does the keyboard and mouse work inside the bios?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/My-mouse-and-my-keaboard-doesn-t-work/td-p/5696959
Relevancy 63.64%

hello everyone

Hello everyone.
I'm hoping to get some help with fixing a problem with my mouse. I have a logitech optical mouse USB. The mouse worked fine until about 4 weeks ago.
Now if I go and try to right click to get properties or what ever it doesn't work. I have tried to trouble shoot on the computer and I'm getting very mad at this thing. Can Anyone help??? I have windows xp home.
Gnatgirl

A:Logitech USB mouse doesn't work

Hello and Welcome. :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-usb-mouse-doesnt-work.23134/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all I have a HP desktop F with a WinXP upgrade installed My mouse does not always work when I boot up this machine This was a computer given to me and I do not have a restore disc if that matters It has done on reboot. doesn't work Mouse this since I received the machine and is inconsistent I've tried several different mice but it does the same thing no matter which one I Mouse doesn't work on reboot. choose or use In the end I just have to reboot over and over again until it recognizes the mouse I did go into System Information or whatever it Mouse doesn't work on reboot. was that checked the mouse properties Actually I'm pretty sure it was the Control Panel now that I think about it Anyway it said while the mouse was frozen mind Mouse doesn't work on reboot. you that the mouse was working properly It makes me wonder how helpful that little test was Obviously it was wrong I'm not sure what step to take next I have updated the driver but it still freezes so it must not be the right thing to do Any suggestions

A:Mouse doesn't work on reboot.

go to your control panel > system > hardware > device manager

check for any yellow alerts

check for multiple mice

remove any excess mice

post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-doesnt-work-on-reboot-101531.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Whenever I right or left click anywhere on the taskbar, including the start button, it just makes a beep and so I can't click on anything. The windows button on the keyboard still opens the start menu, and it's no that the taskbar is locked or something (at least I tried that option from the control panel and it didn't help. All I did was download a program called Pinnacle Game Profiler which is a thing for getting your game pads to work on windows. I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

A:Mouse doesn't work on taskbar

well i did more searching than the first time and came up with this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63129&highlight=taskbar+locked

So i tried what the second guys said- ended the explorer process tree, then started it back up, it works now. It would still be nice to know what the problem is b/c I don't want to have to do this every time if it's not a permanent fix. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-doesnt-work-on-taskbar.106845/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am running a desktop PC with Windows XP SP3. I recently decided to upgrade Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 to the 2012 version. Kaspersky recommend removing any previous versions first. I used the Kaspersky Uninstall Tool to remove the 2011 version. After about 15 minutes the tool seemed to stall so I killed the process using the Task Manager. When I rebooted the mouse wouldn't work. I have tried booting in Safe Mode but the mouse won't work there either.

I can boot the PC from an Ultimate boot CD and the mouse works ok. At the moment I am running a Kaspersky Rescue disk and running a complete scan.

Can anyone offer any advice?

I am using my laptop to create this thread.

A:Solved: Mouse doesn't work

If this is a desktop unplug it open it up and clean it with a can of compressed air or whatever you have and wait at least five mins before plugging it back in then see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-doesnt-work.1024026/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have been using hibernation for a long time whenever I leave ny computer for a period of time. The last couple of days a problem has arisen whenever I try to come out of hibernation. The screen goes black for a very long time and when my desktop finally comes up, the mouse won't work. I have to reboot the computer and then it works fine and the black period is short. The mouse is a wireless optical mouse. Any suggestions?

Bill

A:Mouse doesn't work after hibernation

Retired_Bill said:

I have been using hibernation for a long time whenever I leave ny computer for a period of time. The last couple of days a problem has arisen whenever I try to come out of hibernation. The screen goes black for a very long time and when my desktop finally comes up, the mouse won't work. I have to reboot the computer and then it works fine and the black period is short. The mouse is a wireless optical mouse. Any suggestions?

BillClick to expand...

Try downloading latest mouse drivers.
Check in power management in BIOS. Look for "wake up by mouse" or something like that.
Check batteries in mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-doesnt-work-after-hibernation.687318/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello everyone Yesterday I was working on my desktop and Windows Update decided to pop up and install some automatic updates I put it off by a few hours so I could finish up my work and go to sleep When I next tried to use the computer I realized that somehow Windows Vista could not start Once it got past the initial screen where I could access BIOS and everything the computer would just automatically restart So I pulled out my installation disk popped it into the drive and did a repair on my computer It supposedly worked and I tried to access Vista again Now here s the problem that I m currently having The keyboard works fine while the computer is booting up In other words I can access BIOS and all that However once the computer reaches the Vista logon screen the keyboard and mouse don t receive any power from the computer at all I can t turn on Work and Keyboard Doesn't Mouse NumLock or anything like that Therefore I can t access my computer at all to try and repair it I tried a System Restore to right before it updated Keyboard and Mouse Doesn't Work or at least that s what I think the date stamp pointed to but the problem persists I use a USB Keyboard and Mouse and my computer does not have PS keyboard or mouse ports Keyboard and Mouse Doesn't Work I m running Windows Vista bit and my computer and hardware inside is maybe a year old at most so I doubt any hardware has failed So basically I m asking Is there any way to fix my computer Or will I have to get a Linux Live CD back up my files and do a clean install of Windows If you need anymore information please ask and thank you for helping Edit Any New Information -Safe mode does not work as the keyboard and mouse don t respond so I can t get past the log in screen -It is likely not a problem with my mouse and keyboard as they work with a Linux Live CD and in BIOS -Newest observation While loading up the drivers for Windows Safe Mode I noticed that crcdisk sys takes longer to load up than any other driver COuld this be contributing to the problem or is this normal nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello. I've recently bought a PS/2 to USB adapter.
But it doesn't work.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71JRBWLFbGL._SL1500_.jpg
I've been searching on internet and i found that i need something else.
The questions that i want to ask:

Why this cheap piece of garbage doesn't work? - Solved.
How do i manage to get it to work (Windows 8.1/Windows 7/ Windows XP) (1 PC, 1 laptop and another PC) - Solved.
That piece of garbage ..... what it used for? (You insert the PS/2 to the converter and then the USB end port to the computer)

Please help me!

Relevancy 63.64%

OK so this is the problem, I have a HP Pavilion g4-1104dx Notebook PC and when i turned it on today the mouse was no where to be seen. The touch pad does nothing, and neither does the usb External mouse. The Pointer is just not there and nothing happens when i move my mouse. I tried starting it in Safe Mode and nothing changed Please someone help me.....

A:The mouse doesn't want to work at all.HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-mouse-doesnt-want-to-work-at-all-helpppppppppp.1016150/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone,
I'm new to these forums and I'm really hoping someone can help me, as this is an incredibly irritating problem.
I have a dell/logitech optical USB mouse that randomly stops working. The problem is not the mouse; it works fine on other computers. Every few seconds while using this mouse, the computer makes the sounds as if the cord has been unplugged and plugged back in, when it actually hasn't moved.
Sometimes, a dialogue box pops up that says the USB device is not recognized, but it goes away when the mouse begins to work for another few seconds.
Any ideas? Please help. This is driving me crazy.

A:USB mouse randomly doesn't work

I would try different USB ports. Also, if you have other USB devices, you can try those in the ports. You could also try a USB to PS/2 converter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-mouse-randomly-doesnt-work-79063.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I suppose this is a general computer issue but beings my operating system is XP I thought I would put it here Anyway my mouse doesn't work Doesn't [SOLVED] work Mouse It doesn't appear on the screen as if it [SOLVED] Mouse Doesn't work wasn't plugged in at all However the activation light on the mouse itself is on and I have since tried two different mouses and they have all had the same issue I've heard it may be my USB port however when I tried plugging it into the 'other mouse port' sorry my tech names are bad the circle plug with the prongs inside of it I am presented with the same problem If I got to the mouse Properties it tests me that quot This Device is working properly quot but still no mouse has appeared on my desktop Previously it told me that there was a corruption in the device code I believe but that problem has remedied itself some how If someone could help me or point me in the right direction I would be thankful I am an avid user of Photoshop and MS Paint and its aggrivating that I cannot use these products because the mouse doesn't work also navigating webpages with the quot TAB quot he is quite a pain in the backside filling out the registration from this site took me nearly and hour Can anyone help

A:[SOLVED] Mouse Doesn't work

Hi H, Lets see if we can make that ol mouse working again. Answer a couple questions for me if you will. Do you have access to another computer in the house? Im thinking that it would be good if you could plug the mouse into another computer to make sure its not just a defective mouse. Do you happen to have the disk that came with any of the mice youve tried? If not can you tell me the make and model of the mouse so I can find you the drivers for it? Have you tried plugging the USB mouse into another USB port and rebooting? Perhaps its the USB port itself causing the problem. When was the last time the mouse worked correctly? Have you installed any new programs since then?
Try to answer these questions, and Ill check back in awhile to see your response.

Reguards
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-mouse-doesnt-work-504203.html
Relevancy 63.64%

i have a microsoft wireless mouse and it just stopped working. I tried a wired mouse and it works. I tried resetting the wireless mouse and it didn't help. Maybe it's missing a driver? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?Thanks

A:wireless mouse doesn't work

Hi cgbones, have you tried synchronising the mouse with the wireless receiver (if it comes with one which i imagine it would do)? also if you download and install the latest drivers just by doing a search of the make and model of the wireless mouse in google, or if you said its a microsoft wireless mouse i'm sure if you have a look on the microsoft website they should have the latest drivers on there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-mouse-doesnt-work.981002/
Relevancy 63.64%

I use an IBM ThinkPad (with Windows XP) so have two internal mouse buttons. I also use external wired mouse at my office. When I click with the pointer, regardless of which mouse I use, and regardless of left or right side, nothing happens...or the command only works intermittently. When I click on a link in an email, nothing happens. (I have to copy the link and enter directly into IE address box.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-click-doesnt-work.830510/
Relevancy 63.64%

Time for your daily chuckle. And when you're done, some assistance.

We have down here that received a popup on her computer screen while she was using access, she thinks. She either clicked yes or no on the message. She doesn't remember what the message said. She noticed several hours later that her right mouse button wasn't working.

I've been searching the internet for reactivating and inactivating right mouse buttons, and I see lots of things about hardware (which this isn't), and turning off the right mouse function in webpages, but not much else.

Anyone with a constructive suggestion, send it my way please.

A:Right Mouse Button Doesn't Work

What kind of mouse is it, USB, PS/2, wireless?

if you happen to have another mouse around, you could try that.
another thing you could try is to uninstall and reinstall the mouse drivers.

If no luck then,

if USB:
try another USB socket

if PS/2:
examine the pins in the socket, any bent?

if wireless:
it's possible that the mouse may behave oddly when battery power weakens. try replacing them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105119/right-mouse-button-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 63.64%

Since I reinstalled windows xp, every time I plug in a mouse in any usb port it doesn't work. It will say "Found new hardware", "usb optical mouse-blah", and then I can control it for half-a-second until it says "your hardware is installed and ready to use", then I can't move it. Is it automatically installing the wrong driver? Can I manually install it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-doesnt-work.894804/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys! I just had to replace my motherboard and after many problems am finally up and running. However there is still one annoying problem that I cant seem to fix. When I turn my computer on for the first time in the day my optical mouse is locked up. I have to restart and then it works fine. I have tried other mouses and they seem to do the same thing. Would anyone know off hand what is going on? My mouse drivers are all up to date. At the moment I am useing a IntelliMouse Optical USB and PS/2 Compatible mouse and Windows XP. Thanks in advance!

Kyle

A:Mouse doesn't work until I reboot

Check the motherboards bios and make sure the mouse and USB ports are properly set. A CMOS reset might do this for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-doesnt-work-until-i-reboot.77615/
Relevancy 63.64%

On my parents' computer the left and right mouse buttons work fine in everything but IE and AOL. In IE/AOL when you try to click on a text box in a website, the pointer never displays and you can't type in the box. They can type addresses into the address bar, but they can't even send emails or search for stuff on Google. Any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92765/mouse-pointer-doesnt-work-in-ieaol/
Relevancy 62.78%

I do not understand this. I've been buying and returning 'defective' wireless devices for my media center for the last few months. I bought a logitech wireless mouse (v220) a few days ago and it works on my E6410, E6510, Thinkpad T500, NC6230, and custom amd gaming machine.

However, on the machine it is intended for use on, it does not work. It seems to work fine (as far as I can tell) in windows. In media center, bridge, firefox, ect... it just doesn't work. You move the mouse, nothing happens, or it moves very spotty.

I just cannot think of anything that could be causing this. I've tried removing all unnecessary devices, I even disabled the wifi on the off chance that was causing interference.

Has anyone had an issue like this before?

A:Wireless mouse doesn't work... on ONE computer

This might sound stupid, but people often overlook the simple things. Have you tried in different USB ports on the machine they tend not to work on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/165865-wireless-mouse-doesnt-work-one-computer.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Mouse doesn't work in Media Center. It seems to be there, but invisible. As you roll over items they highlight, but no click response.

A:Mouse doesn't work in Media Center

Go to mouse properties and turn off "trails" This worked for me. I hope it helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/201937-mouse-doesnt-work-media-center.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I just ordered the Razor Copperhead gaming mouse and I read on some of the reviews that it didn't work on Windows Media Center Edition 2005. I bought the mouse anyway thinking that it was most likely something with user error and that only a few people were experiencing this problem. Now that I search online for it I find that it is a very common problem that is with this mouse. I'm am nervous now that the mouse has been ordered and is on it's way, and since I'm on Media Center Edition I was to make sure that the mouse is going to work.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? I have heard of some people finding the appropriate files somehow but am not really sure how to do it since no one has explained themselves.

- Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

My mouse is Razer Naga wired and i had problems with my cable, after i send the mouse for repair and i received it yesterday it cant lick almost on anything. It can not right click anywhere and can left click only on the taskbar. I tried safe mode but it doesn't work. And when i tried the mouse on different comp the problem was still there. I told that it is hardware problem but if it was why would open my browser when it is on the taskbar. Help me please .

A:My mouse clicks only on one thing otherwise it doesn't work

are you able to double click?..
Do you have driver for your mouse?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366542-my-mouse-clicks-only-one-thing-otherwise-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I just bought an OEM Toshiba laptop, running Vista Home. Out of the box not a problem with Vista, but because I HATE touchpads, I bought a Microsoft corded optical mouse, and when I plug it in, I get a message from Vista, that a USB device has malfunctioned. But I know that's crap, cause when I plug it into my desktop CP machine, it works fine.
I have installed all Vista upgrades, and updated the Toshiba thru their website, but I still can't get a MICROSOFT MOUSE TO WORK WITH A MICROSOFT OPERATING SYSTEM.

Thanx and best regards

MK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse-doesnt-work-with-vista.713813/
Relevancy 62.78%

I received a Ligitech cordless optical mouse for a notebook computer. I have tried 3 installations and still can't get the dumb thing to work. It keeps saying a don't have the driver lhidusb.sys but I have the installation disk which says the installation has been successful.

I'm beginning to think its more trouble than its worth. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

This all seemed to start with plugging in a usb key I created a topic in quot Am I Infected quot Worried about keylogger and a very helpful person Blade helped me verify I didn t have any malware He suggested this forum as more appropriate My first indication something was amiss was when playing the card game Hearts the focus would pulse thru clicks work always mouse browser in doesn't each of my cards very rapidly I was able to select a card if I repeatedly clicked on it while moving the mouse Similar behaviorr in all card games included with Win After rebooting the card game behavior might clear up but restarting the game would bring the behavior back Noticed going onto the NFL web site that I could open a link to report a post and selct the type of offense and type in a comment but the SUBMIT button would not work This has not been a problem in the past Any help would be appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449439/mouse-clicks-in-browser-doesnt-always-work/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi. My laptop has 2 USB slots, 1 working perfectly fine, but another one has a problem. When I plugged a USB mouse or keyboard, nothing on screen happen. For the mouse, it light up but the cursor can't move. For the key board it doesn't light up and nothing happen. I tired flash drive, nothing happen too. BUT when I plugged an external hard drive, it work perfectly fine.

This problem just happen today, before both USB slots are working just fine. So now I can't use both mouse and keyboard at the same time

I've tried restart my computer, uninstall and reinstall all USB list in USB Controllers in Device Manager, nothing work so far

Please help
Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385627-usb-mouse-keyboard-doesnt-work-only-1-slot.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc G VT BSN Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Occasionally my laptop s touchpad won t work on start-up This does not happen all the time it appears to happen every other boot I can plug a USB mouse at any moment and have that work fine This also only happens on Windows from what I can tell as I dual-boot doesn't Mouse startup on Touchpad / work with Ubuntu and Ubuntu has never given me this problem before I can also use safe mode Mouse / Touchpad doesn't work on startup with Windows and have the touchpad function fine all the time If I look into the device manager when the touchpad is unresponsive it will say that the PS mouse failed to start I ve updated it to the most recent driver as found here http www synaptics com support drivers But this problem still persists Any ideas how I can figure out what s wrong nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,
Each time I start my computer, the mouse shows up. But it doesn't do anything.
I checked at Device Drivers and there I got this message after checking USB Mouse's properties:
"The Drivers for this device are not installed. (code )."
Then I clicked on Update driver but it didn't find any solution.

The Laser light is showing up beneath the USB mouse each time I start my PC but the Cursor isn't responding at all.
I'm using Windows , bit version.
The mouse was working properly but after I re-connected the whole PC, it's not working.
So, please help.

A:After starting the PC, mouse shows up but doesn't work

Try disconnecting the mouse altogether and reconnect. Does it work? If it does then problem is solved.

If it doesn't. Then borrow another mouse and try. Does that work? If yes then your first mouse needs to be replaced. If it doesn't then try it with another USB socket if a USB mouse. Does it work? If yes then don't use the original USB Socket. If not a USB mouse then the Port to which the mouse is connected may be defective. Try reinstalling its driver and retest the mouse.

If you have tried all the above and still no luck then the port hardware may be defective and needs reconnecting/changing. Please let us know of any further developments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/221864-after-starting-pc-mouse-shows-up-but-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 62.78%

This is Windows XP, Pentium processor.

When I turn the computer on, the LED light signifying that the keyboard is working turns on until Windows starts to load, and then it suddenly shuts off.

When the Desktop loads, it is a nightmare to use. I click on folders and files half a dozen times before they open. Then I move the mouse and it selects everything in its path, though neither side of the mouse is "clicked." Finally, when I try to write an email (or other text), it opens, the cursor blinks, but my typing has no effect.

HELP!

Dylanmaniac

A:Mouse click either doesn't work or sticks

Hmmm........I would try to boot into safe mode and scan the computer for any viruses and spyware. Do boot into safe mode you will need to keep pressing F8 when you turn on your computer. Then a black screen with plenty selections comes up and choose "safe mode". Once you get to safe mode scan your computer for any viruses and spyware.

Did this happen all of a sudden? If the virus and spyware programs dont detect anything then I recommend performing a windows repair on that computer. You will need your windows xp CD to do this of course.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-click-either-doesnt-work-or-sticks-235049.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and while recently doing some computer maintenance to get rid of some malware, I most likely screwed up my computer. At the Windows 7 user login screen, my mouse and keyboard are non-responsive. I don't think this is a problem with the actual hardware because I can access the boot menu with F12 when I boot it up. Appreciate any help.

A:Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work on my laptop

Do you have access to your windows installation cd?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357492/keyboardmouse-doesnt-work-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello everybody I recently have gotten computer parts and put together a PC after a delay in the mail I have received the graphics card and installed it into the tower before I got the card I was using the computer perfectly fine with the CPU graphics that are integrated so I know that all of my hardware works or did When I put in the graphics card there was an issue with it showing up on the monitor so I took out the Bios outside work of doesn't Keyboard/Mouse motherboard battery with guidance Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work outside of Bios from a friend and reset the CMOS and I have it displaying now with a HDMI to DVI-D When I turn the computer on it turns on and then turns off instantly after the fans and such start to go it does this once then fully turns on and I press the delete key to load the bios after that I load windows and when I get out of the bios all usb ports stop working mouse and keyboard stop and im stuck looking at the windows screen showing date and time and internet connection I ve been looking online and still am yet to find a solution because everybody else that has this issue can somehow access their desktop I can t When I load from the windows CD i get into the starting menu for loading the operating system but again no mouse or keyboard so I can t keep going from there I removed the graphics card which initially caused the problem upon start up it restarted times and then turned on in the windows loading screen where i was stuck before the keyboard LED s are lit up but the mouse is not the keyboard also does not work just the LED s Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and here is a list of my parts CPU - i Ghz MOBO - Asus Gryphon z RAM - GSkill ripjaw x - clocked at in the bios GPU - Asus gtx Direct CU II PSU - Corsair HX HD - WD TB black Keyboard - Razer black widow ultimate Mouse - Razer Taipan nbsp

A:Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work outside of Bios

Have you tried both the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports for the keyboard and mouse? Maybe the USB 3.0 isn't working correctly due to drivers or compatibility with the Razer gear or drivers. Or can you borrow a basic USB keyboard and mouse?

I also see a BIOS update on the Asus website that addresses "USB Compatibility" and "System Stability" in another. If you do not already have the 1603 BIOS update you may wish to update it that one. You can update the BIOS through the BIOS itself, go into the Advanced section and use EZ Flash and load it from a USB stick; it must be extracted first though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-mouse-doesnt-work-outside-of-bios.1116128/
Relevancy 62.78%

I m using a Windows XP computer When I click on anything on the desktop I get an hourglass that just hangs and everything on the desktop freezes After several minutes I get an error message mouse work on my [SOLVED] right click doesn't The Then I get a dialog box asking if I want to send an error report I can right click my trash bin and get the menu fine I can right click an icon and move it fine but it doesn't work if I want to delete an icon from the [SOLVED] The right click on my mouse doesn't work desktop or right click to get the menu It also doesn't work [SOLVED] The right click on my mouse doesn't work if I want to delete a file or folder from My Documents I tested the right click with another mouse and got the same results so at least I know it must be software related I'm contemplating reinstalling the software but I don't want to mess anything up Is there an easier way to install only the software concerning the mouse I don't remember when the issue began but it's been at least a week Until this happened I wasn t aware that I relied on the right click button so much Thank you for any assistance you may give

A:[SOLVED] The right click on my mouse doesn't work

Hi Artgirl,

Unplug the mouse and re-plug it again and see if that helps. You can also re-install the mouse drivers and see if that works for you too. I recommend going to the manufacturer's website of the mouse and downloading the latest drivers for your mouse device. Un-install the current drivers first before you install the latest mouse drivers. May I ask, what is the brand/model of your mouse device? Hope everything works out well for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-the-right-click-on-my-mouse-doesnt-work-586226.html
Relevancy 62.35%

before I upgraded from Vista to I was dual booting Ubuntu something and when I installed I thought it deleted it but now that the boot 7 Installed work doesn't mouse in now Windows Ubuntu, screen comes up again it's still there and works Not sure if this Installed Ubuntu, now mouse doesn't work in Windows 7 could cause problems When I was installing Ubuntu a window kept popping up that said my mouse was trying to communicate with the PC and that I had to enter the PID or PIN or something but the window wouldn't stay open long enough for me to do that I've tried updating the mouse drivers and reinstalling it but it didn't work Installed Ubuntu, now mouse doesn't work in Windows 7 It was working just fine before Installed Ubuntu, now mouse doesn't work in Windows 7 this Update Afterwards I deleted the partition Ubuntu was on reinstalled Ubuntu since the boot screen wasn't coming up and the mouse works fine in it so it shouldn't be a physical problem with the bluetooth adapter or mouse I also tried using system restore but it still didn't work I can get the mouse to communicate with the PC and set up but it never works and usually shows up as not being active after I install it Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work nor does updating the drivers I'm using a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse and a Rocketfish Bluetooth Adapter Please help using the touchpad sucks How will play my precious games

A:Installed Ubuntu, now mouse doesn't work in Windows 7

Well, I'm an idiot. I thought the pairing button wasn't working, but it turns out I just wasn't holding it down long enough. I could've sworn it used to work with just a press.

Time to play some vidya games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/87860-installed-ubuntu-now-mouse-doesnt-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello. I am just trying to get some opinions on the subject of wireless remotes for a mouse. I can't believe it but someone on Amazon.com sold me a wireless laser mouse without a remote (MS wireless mouse 6000). Incredible.I have found that you cannot just use any remote to any mouse, even if it is the identifcal model. In fact, I have this same identifcal MS wiresless 6000 mouse but doesn't work with it. Is there something you can do to get them working? There is a section on Amazon.com where you click more and I guess that's probably where it said no remote. It sure wasn't made obvious-like in bold or something. He definitely intended to trick me. You have to completely read everything with people like that around. Not to mention, it wasn't even cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-mouse-and-remotes-any-remote-doesnt-work.825411/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey,

I have a fairly new laptop (Lenovo) and for some reason, sometimes when I turn on my computer after it was hibernating or sleeping, the mouse (touchpad) doesn't work until I put it to sleep and turn it on again. This sometimes happens with the keyboard too, but not as often. I'm not quite sure even how to start checking what the problem is.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Mouse and/or Keyboard Doesn't Work After Sleeping/Hibernating (Sometimes)

Hey, does anyone have any solutions to this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-or-keyboard-doesnt-work-after-sleeping-hibernating-sometimes.673771/
Relevancy 62.35%

When i start my laptop my mouse clickers work just fine, after using my laptop for a few minutes (time varies), my left mouse clicker starts to not work right. I have to click on something on the screen multiple times in order to do anything. And sometimes when I have clicked on something on the screen, it drags it around like an image, even text, web browser tabs, just about anything. Sometimes i don't even have to click on something to drag it around, sometimes i will be just sitting there using my laptop with my fingers resting on the mouse clickers and the mouse pad and i will go to type something in or click on a button and it will drag around what i moved over with my mouse cursor. Sometimes when i click on any scroll bar once, it keeps on dragging it around like i have the left mouse clicker held down.

A:left Mouse clicker doesn't work properly...

But if you use the touchpad buttons there is no problem? If so, try a different mouse. Or replace the batteries if a wireless mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-clicker-doesnt-work-properly.1093646/
Relevancy 62.35%

My boss bought a new HP tower after our old one ran out of space. I plugged it in and everything worked until I realised the scanner didn't work. I downloaded a driver but it still didnt activate the scanner. So I looked at the driver repair discs that came with the tower. I installed that thinking it would repair the scanner driver and when I logged back in, the keyboard or mouse USB didnt work. I hope I didn't screw up anything. The keyboard works in BIOS. My boss doesn't know and I would like to get this repaired without bringing anyone in. HELP! Im on Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/391909-keyboard-mouse-doesnt-work-after-driver-repair.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi there,

I'm using Windows 7 Home premium 64bit. I had changed my HDD recently and after installing new version of windows , I'm not able to change the desktop background it just appear black and also the scroll down or up in Mouse has stopped working. Kindly let me know if anything needs to be updated . I'm using Toshiba HDD.

A:Desktop Background and mouse scrolldown doesn't work

have you activated your windows with your key?
also could you post a screenshot of your desktop
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202555-desktop-background-mouse-scrolldown-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I ran CC cleaner amp that did not help I can only use the trackpad because the mouse will not respond to clicks the whole system feels wierd amp sluggish I can't do anything normally DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by chris at on - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV ESET NOD antivirus system On-access scanning enabled Updated E E D - - F doesn't menu work & disappears Start mouse - FB -D ACA F Start menu disappears & mouse doesn't work C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Chameleon Clock ChamClock exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Documents and Settings chris Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat YzShadow YzShadow exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Documents and Settings chris Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google se uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB SYSTRAN Toolbar daa - def- a d- d - a a - mscoree dll TB Zend Studio - f- -a d-eab bd - c progra zend zendst toolbars ZENDIE DLL EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized uRun RocketDock quot c windows bricopacks vista inspirat rocketdock RocketDock exe quot uRun HomeAlarm c program files chameleon clock ChamClock exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings chris local settings application data google update GoogleU... Read more

A:Start menu disappears & mouse doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270675/start-menu-disappears-mouse-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi there I just got my new Asus Vivobook s ca running Win a few weeks ago It really runs great although I managed to find one problem Since this is a laptop without a detachable screen I didn't really find any good reason for having the touch keyboard toolbar in my task bar since I was pretty sure I'd never need it So I disabled the keyboard which worked out fine but the toolbar was still there I then went on to try to remove it by using one of EightForum's reg files for that purpose This did as described remove the toolbar but apparantly it stopped the mouse pad driver as well even though the mouse pad itself basically works no gestures or scrolling though As you can see here There's no driver running And pad work Asus driver Vivobook Mouse doesn't - in the ASUS hub it's also impossible to turn it on It just keeps saying it's off So I decided to use another reg file that I found with the initial one that should basically just rollback the effect that the other one had but to no avail It just made the toolbar come back So I don't really know where to go from here Any suggestions Also if there is anyone who knows what to do about that toolbar please do tell Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41476-mouse-pad-driver-doesnt-work-asus-vivobook.html
Relevancy 62.35%

As the title says. I bought it just today, plugged it in, waited for it to install. I could use it for about an hour, then suddenly the laser went out. The buttons work, but it just wouldn't turn on the laser and move. I tried rebooting, reinstalling, plugging it into other usb ports, all methods that I know of. Can you help me?

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all I ask for any pointers to start looking at this if you can This week after some MS work mouse doesn't this week after updates Middle some button updates from MS in my W OS I noticed that clicking the middle button is not working at all Normally in a browser you can open in a new tab or close a tab etc I have a Microsoft Middle mouse button doesn't work after some MS updates this week wireless mobile mouse Whet I get this mouse and connected for the first time windows at the time some driver was installed and also quot Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center quot was downloaded and installed Everything worked fine I upgrade to W and no problem with this until earlier this week Testing the options in the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center none of them works when I click the Middle mouse button doesn't work after some MS updates this week middle button I just download and installed the version from the site Installed in a regular fashion and in compatible mode for W can you believe this is not for w The scroll function works fine even the Flip scrolling direction Later I went to a DELL desktop W and I tried the MS mouse there and works fine Maybe I have to quot tell quot W to forget his is a MS mouse and to have the default driver If such how Also I tried the mouse from that desktop here in windows and works fine dell mouse without installing anything myself Middle mouse button doesn't work after some MS updates this week Any ideas are welcome and appreciated Best regards and thanks for your time

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37710-middle-mouse-button-doesnt-work-after-some-ms-updates-week.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hey. I was surfing on the net with my laptop when suddenly the cursor didnt move. I tried to unplug the mouse's usb and plug to an other usb gate but it still didn't work. Then i tried to plug it in my desktop computer and it worked!!! Any idea what happened to my laptop???for any details reply to me .(sorry for my english ) p.s both desktop pc and laptop are Windows 7

A:Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0a doesn't work on laptop

Duplicate post. Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1059398-microsoft-basic-optical-mouse-1-a.html Forum rules - http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-basic-optical-mouse-1-0a-doesnt-work-on-laptop.1059402/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all I've just recently purchased a generic wireless mouse from eBay more specifically this one GHz USB Receiver Wireless Optical Mouse F PC Laptop eBay it doesn't work I'm running Windows bit and it started installing the drivers first it was installing quot HID Wireless Mouse quot then it switched to quot USB Input Device quot but failed after seconds now it's listed in Device Manager as quot USB Input Device quot with Doesn't But Work Win Win Works 7 7 Mouse Wireless 32bit 64bit On yellow sign that indicates it doesn't work I tested it in other Windows bit computers and it works just fine installing drivers and everything moreover - I testes my bro's logitech wireless mouse on my bit Windows computer and it works fine I think Windows fails on recognizing it I mean the drivers are there the Logitech Mouse works but mine doesn't how do I make it work thanks P S here are attached images http i tinypic com dkg jpg - my win bit device manager with the problematic mouse http i tinypic com e jpg - different win bit computer with the problematic mouse working http i tinypic com hso ns jpg - my win bit device manager with the logitech wireless mouse

A:Wireless Mouse Doesn't Work Win 7 64bit But Works On Win 7 32bit

Did you install the mouse software first, then reboot and install the mouse and USB wireless adapter?

Disconnect the the mouse, reboot the computer and start taping the F8 key to enter Advance Boot Options window. Using the down arrow key, select Last Known Good Configuation. Hit Enter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/224065-wireless-mouse-doesnt-work-win-7-64bit-but-works-win-7-32bit.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a problem Two problems to be exact but the most pressing being that my mouse doesn't work It is stuck in the middle of the screen and the cursor is invisible The doesn't Win10 Mouse - in Safe work Mode Booted original problem I had prior to developing this new mouse problem was the start menu Neither the windows button nor the icon on the bottom left corner of the screen would open up the windows menu To try the solve that I followed the instructions found in this video https www youtube com watch v WnAf NccrXw amp app desktop I was directed to restart my computer Upon restarting it I was booted into safe mode BUT my mouse wouldn't move and the cursor was invisible I have tried unplugging the mouse and restarting multiple times but to no avail So currently my main issue is that the computer won't detect my mouse and I am unable to do anything If anyone could please help me out I would Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work really appreciate it Thanks for your time

A:Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work

Does the keyboard work? If it does you can do a lot with it, without a mouse. Just takes a bit of trial and error.
Is the mouse plugged into a USB3 port perhaps? If so, try a USB2 port. Even if not, use a different USB port. If plugged into the rear USB, try the front.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60516-win10-booted-safe-mode-mouse-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Toshiba Qosmio G50-12Q

If you use a wireless mouse does not work the screen saver.
If I disable the mouse instead of the screen saver runs regularly.

There is some way to run the screen saver also using a wireless mouse?

Tank you

A:Qosmio G50-12Q - Screen saver doesn’t work if I use wireless mouse

That?s really strange. I use Logitech NX80 wireless mouse and it works perfectly with screensaver on my Satellite P500 preinstalled with Win7 64bit home premium.

Do you use original preinstalled OS?
Do you use screensaver downloaded additionally or it doesn?t work even if you use standard Win screensavers?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68304-Qosmio-G50-12Q-Screen-saver-doesn’t-work-if-I-use-wireless-mouse
Relevancy 61.49%
A:my middle mouse wheel - the button click on it doesn't work!

it looks like a mouse issue, try with another mouse to see if the problem persist!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-middle-mouse-wheel-the-button-click-on-it-doesnt-work.1007971/
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok here's the thing. I bought the wirless mouse sometime last year, and I've never had any problems with it. Untill recently, it just basically stopped working all together. At first I thought the batteries just needed changed so I did that and like the light wouldn't come on at all on the mouse and the curosr on the screen wouldn't move either . So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it...still nothing. Now I have to use a gay mouse and it's really annoying. What could be wrong with my mouse all of a sudden?Oh and I have Windows XP.

Relevancy 61.49%

I was running Microsoft Security Essentials when it just froze 1/2 way through a quick scan. The mouse still could move, clicking to stop or close out didn't do anything either. Also Ctrl + Alt + Delete also did nothing. I waited 5 minutes. Nothing. Had to pysically shut down.

Other times I have not been able to click start > shut down. Sometimes I can wait a minute or two and finally things will work again.

Is this indicative of some other process running? Possible a virus? RAM problem? Could a motherboard going bad cause this? Also this customer's BIOS became corrupted for some reason, as the computer would not start before I reseated the battery to get the computer to start again. The battery tested normal at 3.06 V. So I'm still trying to rule out hardware.

A:Program freezes, mouse still moves, crl+alt+delete doesn't work

I'm doing a repair install now. Here's what happened when I clicked "start" (see pic). Just a black box for 3 minutes. Doesn't appear to be any programs running in the background. HD isn't "busy" either. Probably Windows corruption, virus, damage from virus, or screwed up registry???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/program-freezes-mouse-still-moves-crl-alt-delete-doesnt-work-453930.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently I've come across a situation where my computer will boot with no keyboard function I cannot enter bios boot in safe mode etc However upon Windows loading I have full function of the mouse That is until I hit any key on the keyboard then I lose left click function only I can still move the mouse I can still right click with the mouse losing Keyboard begins function mouse doesn't then work, I also noticed that caps lock and number lock did not work either I figured that maybe the keyboard was bad and so I plugged in a different brand new keyboard and booted up the computer Everything worked fine The keyboard worked flawlessly the mouse had no problems at all Restarted the computer to install windows updates and upon the next boot I once again Keyboard doesn't work, then mouse begins losing function was left with no keyboard function and then once again no left click function These problems only began after a program was uninstalled due to it freezing up during use The program was a puzzle game that was purchased and installed from a reputable game website I am at a complete loss and I cannot tell if this is a hardware problem or a software problem or even a virus problem Both the mouse and keyboard are USB Other USB devices work fine including a headset a printer and a scanner Any help is much appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Keyboard doesn't work, then mouse begins losing function

No one can help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343218-keyboard-doesnt-work-then-mouse-begins-losing-function.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hey. I was surfing on the net with my laptop when suddenly the cursor didnt move. I tried to unplug the mouse's usb and plug to an other usb gate but it still didn't work. Then i tried to plug it in my desktop computer and it worked!!! Any idea what happened to my laptop???for any details reply to me .(sorry for my english ) p.s both desktop pc and laptop are Windows 7

A:Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0a doesn't work on laptop

Try removing the mouse driver in Device Manager and restarting your computer.
See if a different mouse will work on the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-basic-optical-mouse-1-0a-doesnt-work-on-laptop.1059398/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a user who is unable to use his mouse to navigate/select within the body of a message he is forwarding. He can use the arrow keys and the shift key to select text to edit within the body, but not the mouse. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

A:Solved: Mouse Doesn't Work in Body of Outlook Message

You might have found this yourself but it mentions if the computer uses Laserfiche? Longshot?

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-62...=215614&messageID=2220311&tag=content;leftCol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-doesnt-work-in-body-of-outlook-message.912750/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have applied settings in control panel to make my mouse snap to default in dialogue box. I have done this a number of times. It still doesn't work, except for usually in print routines where it snaps to the Print button.

A:Mouse snap to default - applied settings but still doesn't work

Hello Nick,

I have noticed that it can be pretty sensitive. The slightest movement of the mouse or touchpad when it's suppose to "Snap to" the default button will cause it to not snap.

As a test do a action, say click on the "System Protection" link from within the "System" (Control Panel) window, that will trigger a dialog box, but do not move the mouse/touchpad afterwards to see if may "Snap to" for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190162-mouse-snap-default-applied-settings-but-still-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi My Windows laptop is slow and freezes a lot Also sometimes the mouse stops working - it can move around but clicking doesn't work in my mouse or with my touchpad and I have to restart to fix that This is a work computer that I inherited from the person before me so it's possible that there are viruses who knows what on it I ran a Windows Defender scan and it came up clean Here's my dds and attach Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by hudi at on - - Microsoft Windows GMT - AV Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C doesn't mouse freezes, 8 Windows restart laptop until slow work sometimes and I Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system AECLSr exe C Program Files Blue Coat K Web Protection k filter exe C Windows system BtwRSupportService exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanService exe C Windows system dashost exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows Windows 8 laptop slow and freezes, sometimes mouse doesn't work until I restart System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files x Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders MouseWithoutBorders exe C Program Files x Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders MouseWithoutBorders exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhostex exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files WindowsApps microsoft windowscommunicationsapps x wekyb d bbwe LiveComm exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders DDHelper exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv x exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Cirrus Logic Audio Panel CirrusAudioPanel Dell exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSyncHelper exe C Program Files x BitTorrent Sync BTSync exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Users hudi AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSync exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanTray exe C Users hudi AppData Roaming cubby cubby exe C Program Files x Evernote Evernote Evernote exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files AutoHotkey AutoHotkey exe C Program Files x Everything Everything exe C Program Files x System Registration prodreg exe C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Evernote Evernote EvernoteClipper exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update real... Read more

A:Windows 8 laptop slow and freezes, sometimes mouse doesn't work until I restart

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller for 32bit or Roguekiller for 64bit Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).=== Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508047/windows-8-laptop-slow-and-freezes-sometimes-mouse-doesnt-work-until-i-restart/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Gateway PC or so years old running Windows XP Media Edition A few and at all mouse doesn't limited mode, Keyboard function has in safe work days ago soon after having installed some Windows updates my wireless Microsoft mouse and keyboard stopped working I plugged in a spare PS mouse and in the bluetooth dialog box removed added and reconnected both components The wireless mouse and keyboard worked Keyboard has limited function in safe mode, and mouse doesn't work at all but not for long I then uninstalled and attempted to reinstall the mouse and keyboard software except that the software apparently had not uninstalled This did not fix the problem From here on I tried so many things I do not recall in what order I did a system restore via Advanced System Care then tried again using a much earlier date After a very long wait I was informed that my system could not be restored to that date I ran Reimage which reported a moderately severe stability problem with numerous crashes This program fixed and replaced files etc but got stuck while attempting to reinstall Windows updates during repairs Reimage removes Windows updates and reinstalls them afterward but for some reason this last step has never worked with my computer and I ve had to reinstall the updates manually The computer was frozen and I was forced to turn it off using the power button When I turned the computer back on I had no working keyboard or mouse and again had to use the power button to turn off the computer I plugged in a PS keyboard and started the computer in bios resetting bios to default settings No change At some point in safe mode I opted to restore to the last known good configuration Restarted and ran a full scan with Avast which found several problems and asked to continue upon restart The continued scan came up with one medium-level threat quot c Documents and settings All users Application Data D - F B- C - DA -A CBD E DE setup res gt hstart exe is infected by win HiddenStart PUP quot Without a mouse I was not able to tell Avast what to do with it I Googled the result and found that the file is a Family Treemaker file I located the file saw that it contained nothing and deleted it Next I ran scans with Malwarebytes which found nothing and Advanced System Care which fixed a lot especially in the registry In the meantime the only way I was able to use the mouse was to restart the computer in safe mode opt to do a system restore and choose the first restore point of the day This temporary fix is no longer available to me because I can t get back to that day s restore points In terms of the keyboard only the arrows Start Menu button and sometimes Escape button worked and only in bios or safe mode

A:Keyboard has limited function in safe mode, and mouse doesn't work at all

Advanced System Care, which fixed a lot, especially in the registryThe IObit program is just a Registry Cleaner that will repair almost nothing, except your hope - You will never know if it repaired anything -You are better off to remove all Chinese IObit programs and only use proven programs for your computer Malwarebytes and Advanced System Care will not operate correctly on the same system, as both clash with each other Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a proven and trusted program world wide, while IObit is forced on Chinese users as their options are limited.Do you have a Regular Antivirus program that is active and is scanning at all times ??Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478807/keyboard-has-limited-function-in-safe-mode-and-mouse-doesnt-work-at-all/
Relevancy 61.06%

When I am left clicking with my mouse I have to click numerous times to get it to select the function I want I use AutoCad Civil D and I have to click on commands and snaps several times to activate them I have tried other mice and it does the same thing no matter which one I use For example I will select the drop down for line click on doesn't wired Left selector work hard mouse command and when I select the line type it selects the underlying command such as circle and not line so I Left click selector on hard wired mouse doesn't work have to repeat the process several times until it selects the correct commands It does the same thing on the internet browser when selecting a web address from the drop down It just did it as I was typing this when I moved my nbsp cursor to edit a sentence and wanted to return to the original Left click selector on hard wired mouse doesn't work location of the cursor I had to click several times It is not software specific Our IT people have confirmed the software drivers are current and have not detected and viruses I have also gone into the control panel to try different settings on the mouse with no success This issue just started occuring in the last two months and appears to be getting nbsp progressively worse

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Left-click-selector-on-hard-wired-mouse-doesn-t-work/td-p/5704717
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I'm at the end of my rope trying to solve this issue with the mouse touch pad on my Toshiba Satellite running Windows The mouse pointer doesn't work in the center portion of the screen The mouse pointer doesn't disappear or anything but if I try to click on something in the affected area nothing happens and I can't on Satellite Toshiba - of work center screen portion in Mouse doesn't Help! complete any tasks If I'm able to move the item to an area Mouse doesn't work in center portion of screen on Toshiba Satellite - Help! of the screen where the mouse pointer does work for example minimizing my browser then I can open up the Mouse doesn't work in center portion of screen on Toshiba Satellite - Help! item Mouse doesn't work in center portion of screen on Toshiba Satellite - Help! that I was previously unable to work with This only happens in a section on the center of the screen and it happens with every single program not just my web browser So it's clearly an issue with using the mouse in this area of the screen I just don't know what's causing it and how to resolve things Oh and I also can't alternatively use the touch screen to access things in this area of the screen either It's like there's an entire area blocked off from accessing The mouse shows as working properly in Device Manager Ideas on what to do or what could be causing this to happen

A:Mouse doesn't work in center portion of screen on Toshiba Satellite - Help!

It almost sounds like something is running in the background that would be in that center space, not allowing selection or operation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621981/mouse-doesnt-work-in-center-portion-of-screen-on-toshiba-satellite-help/
Relevancy 61.06%

I went away for the mouse doesn't missing desktop icons, Corrupt work. files, weekend and when I came back and turned on my computer there were a ton of problems seemingly out of nowhere On startup it displayed the quot Windows failed to shut down normally quot screen which was strange because I had shut it down normally before leaving and nobody else could have used it So I clicked quot Start Windows normally quot Then when it got to the desktop there was immediately an error of the ATI catalyst control center and also quot Corrupt files, missing desktop icons, mouse doesn't work. MOM exe - NET framework initialization error unable to find a version of the runtime to Corrupt files, missing desktop icons, mouse doesn't work. run this application quot When I tried opening Google Chrome it said that some part of the application was corrupt same with GNotifty My AVG antivirus was also marked with a caution sign saying quot you are not protected quot Hoping it was just a fluke I restarted and Windows presented me with the option to do a Startup Repair during the boot which I did It ran for about mins and then loaded to the desktop to present the same errors only this time there are desktop icons missing randomly and the mouse doesn't work I tried changing USB ports for the mouse as well as trying another mouse and it still doesn't work Next impulse was to run memtest from a bootable CD so I tried opening my optical drive and strangely it registers the button push and displays a green light but just doesn't open Stuck for what to do now Does anyone have any ideas on what the heck is wrong As far as I know there's no virus or malware problem I update and scan with AVG Malwarebytes and Spybot almost every day and don't download porn or torrents or anything Things were all fine the last time I used the machine a couple days ago And it is password locked so no roommates could have used it or anything

A:Corrupt files, missing desktop icons, mouse doesn't work.

is this vista or win7?
try starting the computer while tapping the f8 key, when the new screen comes up, using the arrow down key find "last known good configuration">enter, see if that does the trick...

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/corrupt-files-missing-desktop-icons-mouse-doesnt-work-576366.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Pasting in contextual information from another post OBconflicker Bi nf worm keeps reappearing windows defender monitor stops working slow computer windows search protocol windows pop up Malware virusPop up windows keep appearing quot Windows search protocol host stopped working stopped, protocol search work, doesn't firefox work microsoft host windows slow, itunes doesn't and was closed quot Itunes occassionally doesn t work Media Sync doesn t work Hard Drive keeps working microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work in the microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work background Windows Defender no longer monitors the running programs End of added information microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work OBLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp nkapg r exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp smss exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system WerFault exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp system exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low services exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low smss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low notepad exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low login exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BGScan exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml pt amp n ce dR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhost Inserted By STOPzilla O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progr... Read more

A:microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289777/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-slow-firefox-doesnt-work-itunes-doesnt-work/