Windows Support Forum

my Laptop battery Acer Aspire One D250 won't charge to 100

Q: my Laptop battery Acer Aspire One D250 won't charge to 100

Hello, I've only had the Acer Aspire One D250 laptop for less than a year, and the battery already started to fail. For some reason, it never charges up to 100% and after leaving it charging, the white light starts blinking
Akku Acer Aspire One D250,Adapter Acer Aspire One D250

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: my Laptop battery Acer Aspire One D250 won't charge to 100

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: my Laptop battery Acer Aspire One D250 won't charge to 100

What's the max charge it will hold? Also, what does this white blinking light mean exactly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242806-my-laptop-battery-acer-aspire-one-d250-wont-charge-100-a.html
Relevancy 107.5%

help I'm soooo confused I'm trying to handle a lot of data over several disks Have a laptop on the network connected via a router and network drives and shares have been working well in Windows so far I've reached a point where I'd like to create shares using cmd I found and downloaded rmtshare exe and after some time I managed to create some network shares on a windows desktop using the command rmtshare computername sharename drive path grant user f remove everyone It works but When I try this on my laptop same OS however I get quot command failed error quot The interesting thing is I can create and delete network shares on the desktop computer DESKTOP when at the command prompt ON THE LAPTOP ACE but not vice versa rmtshare ACE returns the network shares but none can be added or removed Same user account pwd on both machines same OS same workgroup now too So I can create shares on the desktop computer from EITHER computer using for example rmtshare DESKTOP moreusers c users grant zephyr f remove everyone but when trying the equivalent on the laptop rmtshare ACE somemoreusers c users grant zephyr f remove everyone I 7 aspire ultimate d250) rmtshare one issues on (acer windows laptop get the error rmtshare computername works on both machines when calling both machines ie it lists all network rmtshare issues on windows 7 ultimate laptop (acer aspire one d250) shares but only shares to the desktop can be created Sharing via explorer using properties and the sharing tab works fine on the laptop it's only when setting up networks shares to the laptop from either the laptop or the desktop where I run into this issue Weird Anyone any ideas Hope this makes sense and thanks for any suggestions or advice THANKS Jonny

A:rmtshare issues on windows 7 ultimate laptop (acer aspire one d250)

well the rmtshare stopped working on both, but I'm still able to map networks, just unable to set "advanced" permissions on the share. Any info still, of course, most welcome

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/170783-rmtshare-issues-windows-7-ultimate-laptop-acer-aspire-one-d250.html
Relevancy 104.06%

Acer Aspire 5534 battery flat and battery meter at 72% but not charging.

Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire 5534 battery won't charge

First check that the laptop works on mains power by removing the battery and having the a/c adapter plugged in.

if the laptop works on mains power okay, you need a new battery.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5534-battery-wont-charge-669424.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello all,

I just received my Acer Aspire One (AOD250 netbook) a few days ago. I'm going to remove the default pre-installed crapware and stuff by reinstalling 7 Starter. I've got it on a flash drive and all rearin' to go, except, I don't know which drivers I need.

Anyone know? I go to the Acer Drivers site and it gives me tons of drivers. I'm sure I don't need that many, especially 3 different 3G drivers.

I'm about to reinstall Windows 7 now, so hopefully by the time it's done I'll have some replies. If you need more information, ask. I also have another computer to download the drivers and put them on my USB stick, so no worries there if I don't have an internet connection.

Thanks a lot!

Joseph

A:Acer Aspire One D250

I'm not sure if double posting is allowed, but this site is where I bought it from and should have all the specs and what came with it:

Acer 10.1" Netbook,Intel Dual Core,1GB RAM, 250GB HD,McAfee - QVC.com

Ain't nothin' wrong with no QVC stuff.

Joseph

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/155281-acer-aspire-one-d250.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Nearly two months ago my laptop was dropped and the display was pretty badly broken I had bought it at Charge Aspire Laptop Acer Won't Walmart less than a year before and had bought the protection plan for it I sent it to be fixed and they did fix the Acer Aspire Laptop Won't Charge screen However when I got it back I noticed that it will only recognize the power cord sometimes I called them and asked if I could have it looked at again and they sent another box for me to send it in I did I just got it back today and the repair summary mentioned nothing about my second repair request The same issue still exists I took it in to a local repair shop and of course it worked in the store but as soon as we got home it did not I have tried using other cords other outlets powering on and off and taking the battery out and just trying to turn it on with the power cord with nothing helping Usually I will leave it to sit for awhile and then it will recognize the charger and charge As of right now it will not What could be the problem and how can it be fixed nbsp

A:Acer Aspire Laptop Won't Charge

edit u covered my question already.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-charge.1077785/
Relevancy 96.32%

It is an old Aspire laptop (not desktop - but i couldn't find the right subject title) but has been working fine. any idea why ot won't come on? it is connected to electricity. Any idea what i could do? thank you

A:I have an acer Aspire one D250 with Windows XP. I ...

There are a lot of variables here. The easiest place to start is with a power reset. Remove the AC Adpater and Battery, hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds and then reconnect the AC Adapter and try to power the device on. If it still isn't working after that you may want to check the AC Adapter. Finally, you may need to have the device serviced.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-acer-Aspire-one-D250-with-Windows-XP-I-turned-it-on-it/td-p/425576/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 96.32%

I need some advice about upgrading my Acer Aspire One D - BQr SNID now with GB ram from the original dual boot Windows XP Home with SP Android set up to a Windows Pro only OS newly purchased upgrade DVD The problem appears to be with the hard drive but I m not convinced that s where the issue actually lies nbsp I had chosen not to keep any files with the upgrade Pro ... Acer D250 One 8 HDD Aspire - Win upgrading to so this should have been a nearly clean install The upgrade upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ... procedure failed with the ubiquitous there is a problem error and now the install won t start over or continue beyond that point when I restart from the Win DVD nbsp The BIOS the original InsydeHO v Intel V does still see the hard drive the original Seagate Momentus SATA ST AS but it doesn t list the drive when I go on upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ... to try a custom install which I believe I should be able to do even with an upgrade disk Running diskpart during the install tells me that There are no fixed disks to show nbsp I removed the HDD and tethered it to a Win PC where I ran Seagate s SeaTools upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ... diagnostic and repair utility and then ran Checkdisk Everything appears to be fine The Disk Management utility on that PC tells me that its GB is partitioned as GB Healthy OEM GB NTFS Healthy Primary Partition and GB Unallocated presumably where Android used to reside nbsp I have tried the custom install again using the new Crucial MX GB SSD that I had intended to port the upgraded OS to subsequently having initialised that first using the other PC showing GB NTFS Healthy Primary Partition but the Win install doesn t list that disk either and diskpart also doesn t show it nbsp I had thought about a BIOS upgrade to Acer s v but I m not convinced that is the problem since the current BIOS does see the HDD nbsp Your help would be greatly appreciated nbsp I am not an IT professional by the way only a novice PC hobbyist So be gentle and keep it as simple as you can

A:upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ...

John_Easton, I think you're going to have to get a working (and activated) operating system on your computer again...i.e. windows xp or windows vista or windows 7 so you can use your upgrade dvd.  Since you have the "upgrade only" version of Windows 8 pro, I don't think you can do a clean install of windows 8 pro on your ssd.  If you can install your windows xp recovery discs on that ssd, then I think you can use your winpro upgrade dvd. I'm assuming that you have the "upgrade only" version of windows 8 pro.  Maybe that's not the case and you have full version of windows 8 pro????  Please post if you really have full version of win8pro, and it will be an easy fix. Don't be afraid to call (or chat) microsoft either.  They are very  helpful with things like this.  You can just explain the situation and I'm sure they could probably give you good advice or resolve it. Anyway, that's what I would do....call microsoft.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/upgrading-Acer-Aspire-One-D250-to-Win-8-Pro-HDD-issues/td-p/388741/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello!

I have an Acer Spire One D250-Bbl netbook. I tried to install WinXP Pro on the netbook with the help of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vt_8p0VllY

he get the error message with hal.dll after rebooting the system, and I got that error message when I chose the second option to continue the install...

I tried to fix boot.ini, but without luck. I replaced the hal.dll with the one on the WinXP Pro install CD, but this too doesn't helped.

Please give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-d250-bbl-winxp-pro-pls-help.861000/
Relevancy 96.32%

I need some advice about upgrading my Acer Aspire One D - 8 D250 - Pro HDD ... Win One Aspire upgrading to Acer BQr SNID now with GB ram from the original dual boot Windows XP Home with SP Android set up to a Windows Pro only OS newly purchased upgrade DVD The problem appears to be with the hard drive but I m not convinced that upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ... s where the issue actually lies nbsp I had chosen not to keep any files with the upgrade so this should have been a nearly clean install upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ... The upgrade procedure failed with the ubiquitous there is a problem error and now the install won t start over or continue beyond that point when I restart from the Win DVD nbsp The BIOS the original InsydeHO v Intel V does still see the hard drive the original Seagate Momentus SATA ST AS but it doesn t list the drive when I go on to try a custom install which I believe I should be able to do even with an upgrade disk Running diskpart during the install tells me that There are no fixed disks to show nbsp I removed the HDD and tethered it to a Win PC where I ran Seagate s SeaTools diagnostic and repair utility and then ran Checkdisk Everything appears to be fine The Disk Management utility on that PC tells me that its GB is partitioned as GB Healthy OEM GB NTFS Healthy Primary Partition and GB Unallocated presumably where Android used to reside nbsp I have tried the custom install again using the new Crucial MX GB SSD that I had intended to port the upgraded OS to subsequently having initialised that first using the other PC showing GB NTFS Healthy Primary Partition but the Win install doesn t list that disk either and diskpart also doesn t show it nbsp I had thought about a BIOS upgrade to Acer s v but I m not convinced that is the problem since the current BIOS does see the HDD nbsp Your help would be greatly appreciated nbsp I am not an IT professional by the way only a novice PC hobbyist So be gentle and keep it as simple as you can

A:upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ...

John_Easton, I think you're going to have to get a working (and activated) operating system on your computer again...i.e. windows xp or windows vista or windows 7 so you can use your upgrade dvd.  Since you have the "upgrade only" version of Windows 8 pro, I don't think you can do a clean install of windows 8 pro on your ssd.  If you can install your windows xp recovery discs on that ssd, then I think you can use your winpro upgrade dvd. I'm assuming that you have the "upgrade only" version of windows 8 pro.  Maybe that's not the case and you have full version of windows 8 pro????  Please post if you really have full version of win8pro, and it will be an easy fix. Don't be afraid to call (or chat) microsoft either.  They are very  helpful with things like this.  You can just explain the situation and I'm sure they could probably give you good advice or resolve it. Anyway, that's what I would do....call microsoft.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/upgrading-Acer-Aspire-One-D250-to-Win-8-Pro-HDD-issues/td-p/388741
Relevancy 95.46%

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, I'm new. I have an Acer Aspire 7736Z-4088 laptop. I do not remember the year it was purchased, but it has been a few years. This laptop and I have a love-hate relationship with each other. The laptop has sat idle for months because it stopped charging and I could no longer turn it on because the battery was dead. It has stopped charing before and I left it for months until it randomly decided to start charging again. Before it stopped charging the most recent time, the laptop would only charge if the charging cable was in a certain position. The charger I am using is a Targus charger. When plugged into an outlet, the charger light turns on, however when plugged into the laptop, nothing. Is my laptop battery completely useless and needs to be replaced? Or is it something to do with the charger or charging pin?

A:Acer Aspire laptop will not charge or turn on

Hello, First I would slightly straighten the contact springs of the DC-IN connector (inside).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-laptop-will-not-charge-or-turn-on/td-p/424511/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi folks for help one - semi-brick d250 Acer :-s aspire some reason my aa has decided to go into psuedo brick mode Was watching a video on youtube last night and got a message popping up saying quot CRITICAL DISK ERROR - WINDOWS CANNOT READ FROM HARD DISK - RESTART COMPUTER quot It looked perfectly official and I did think straight away of running malwarebytes but my start menu was only showing a fraction of the programs installed and I couldn t get an explorer window open to select it So anyhoo I thought maybe xp had just had a flip out as the laptop HAD been on for some days lol - however on restart all I got was a flash of the acer splash screen then a blinking cursor in the top left and a black screen Any key presses Acer aspire one d250 semi-brick - help :-s result in a loud BEEEEEP from the computer No dice I ve checked the HD in a caddy on another pc and there s nothing wrong with it - despite being somewhat riddled with viruses -s which I ve hopefully now gotten rid of Was able to run AVG from USB stick and that was able to see scan the drive on the netbook too It s reading clear now but the problem remains of being unable to get beyond that blinking cursor and onto the windows splash It s probably worth noting also that since this problem arose I ve flashed the netbook with the latest bios this was all that was required last time it had one of it s moments but this time all I ve gotten from that is a slightly different acer splash - it hasn t made any difference to the computers ability to progress beyond startup The inbuilt recovery functions of the AA don t work either when I hold the appropriate keys all I get is lockup accompanied by the top cm or so of the screen getting some random raster lines or suchlike appearing across it Hoping someone out there can help me get to the bottom of this - it seems I need to rebuild something in the windows boot but my expertise has been pretty much exhausted now so any helpful suggestions will be much appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Acer aspire one d250 semi-brick - help :-s

No one can suggest anything yet ? :-(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-d250-semi-brick-help-s.990397/
Relevancy 95.46%

I have been round the forums trying to get help rebuilding my D250. I have built new partitions on it but keep getting the same message not matter what I try:

Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition.

I have made sure ACHI is set in bios but just cannot install win7. I have used different media (usb and cdrom) and different versions of win7 but I keep getting the same message. I can install winxp on this machine (changing the bios from achi to ide) and also Linux, but it came out of the box with win7 and I would like to put it back. Any help appreciated - I'm not seeing the wood for the trees now!

A:Acer Aspire D250 rebiuld - win7

Enter BIOS seutp to reset BIOS to defaults, set SATA to AHCI to try install first then IDE if necessary, wipe the HD with Diskpart Clean Command and try install with all other HD's and peripherals unplugged.

Use the installer ISO from Step 1 burned to DVD or written to flash stick with tool in Step 2 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/257558-acer-aspire-d250-rebiuld-win7.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Want o boot from a USB on the Acer Aspire One D250 1622, what USB drive I should boot on?

When I go into the Bios of the Acer Aspire One D250 1622 this is what I see
in the BOOT section:

1. IDEO : Hitachi HTS54501689A300
2. IDEI :
3. USB FDD :
4. Network Boot : Atheros Boot Agent
5. USB CDROM :
6. USB HDD :

There are three USB drives on this laptop.

If looking at the monitor, two are on the right and one on the left.

QUESTIONS:

Is only one of these three USB drives the bootable one? If yes, which one? OR can all three be "booted" from?
Which one of the above in the list should be placed at the top as the bootable USB drive?
What do each of the Boot Drive choices mean? Where do they boot from?

Thank you in advance,

JJ

A:Want to boot from a USB on the Acer Aspire One D250 1622, ?? Use what drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-boot-from-a-usb-on-the-acer-aspire-one-d250-1622-use-what-drive.1142486/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have an acer aspire one d250 that did not boot up anymore. I did a reinstall of windows and installed the intel chipset drivers and now when it goes to boot up I get the BSOD 7b. What could be causing this to happen? I can roll back to best know configuration and it is fine but once I install those drivers it goes back to blue screening. I need to install those drivers in order for other components to be installed.

A:BSOD after installing chipset drivers! Acer Aspire One D250

If you can, please do the following as it will provide us with more information.Please download BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378439/bsod-after-installing-chipset-drivers-acer-aspire-one-d250/
Relevancy 92.45%

Ok I really need HELP I literally spent all last week reading researching this issue but this one is over my head so after being up ALL night trying to figure it out I am pleading for some one on this wonderful forum to assist me Acer Aspire One D aka kav typical drive&partion problem Aspire Acer Netbook D250 hard netbook with no external DVD Drive I bought nearly identical ones for my grandkids Here Acer Aspire D250 Netbook hard drive&partion problem s what happened One of them became terribly infected with trojans rootkits worms you name it The other grandchild who is learning about computers decided to quot fix quot it He cleaned the computer and the system was clean but locking up and not running well He said the took the quot good quot hard drive out and tried to quot clone quot it OVER top of the bad one Now it won t boot at all Currently when trying to boot it says the drive needs formatted please see the pic that shows the partitions Also when I put it in an external enclosure it also tells me it needs formatted I really need step by step on how to correct the problem BTW I have NO recovery disks - only the restore function Acer Aspire D250 Netbook hard drive&partion problem built in which isn t working I have made an UBCD and also Hiren s but I am not familiar with the commands So I am guessing that the MBR is messed up and the partitions as well If one of you fine folks could walk me thru I will forever be indebted to you Thanks so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-d250-netbook-hard-drive-partion-problem.1038780/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi there I have had my Acer Aspire g for a few laptop Acer Aspire battery months roughly months Within the past month the battery drains really quickly E G I plug Acer Aspire laptop battery it in when the warning pops up telling me to plug it in I leave it plugged in right up until it has finished charging I may even leave it in until long after it finished charging but this cannot affect it as the it stops charging at OR If I unplug it at it is dead within literally minutes When it was brand new it would barely last hours but I know this is normal especially for such a powerful laptop and running various programs e t c I know it is unlikely but is there any thing that can be done or that I have done wrong I bought it from PCWorld and have their techguys package would this cover me getting a new battery Alternatively where can I find one online at a reasonable price I have looked but cannot find one specifically for my laptop Acer Aspire laptop battery Thank you much nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

Hi Acer Community nbsp I purchased my nbsp Acer Aspire Laptop v - - in battery fix Laptop v3-771-6621: Aspire Acer p... How nbsp It was not used much for the st couple of years Over the last couple of years I have been leaving it turned on and plugged in to AC most of the time and using it quite heavily nbsp nbsp In the last couple of months the plugged in not charging warning has been displayed nbsp at the bottom right of Acer Aspire Laptop v3-771-6621: How fix battery p... the system tray and I have watched the battery icon get lower over the past few weeks from i e down now to nbsp I also see an orange light flashing on the front of my laptop seems to be for the battery nbsp How can I Acer Aspire Laptop v3-771-6621: How fix battery p... get the battery to start charging amp check the battery quality hope I don't need to replace it or the adapter I tried the recommended process of uninstalling the MS ACPI Compliant COntrol Method Battery Scan for hardware changes a couple times and it did not fix the problem nbsp Your assistance is appreciated Thank you Evelyn

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-Laptop-v3-771-6621-How-fix-battery-problem-quot-39/td-p/456087
Relevancy 86.43%

I bought a new battery for my acer laptop 7740 and computer now says battery not recognized. Does someone know a solution for this?

A:acer aspire 7740 laptop battery not recognized

Since we don't know the description and specifications of that laptop's original battery and replacement battery, it's difficult to answer your question.
I'm guessing you have an Acer Aspire 7740 laptop that came with Windows 7 or 8, 32-bit or 64-bit.

What's the complete model number of that laptop?
There should be a dash and additional numbers after 7740 that comprises the complete model number.
What's the serial number and/or SNID number on that laptop?

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7740-laptop-battery-not-recognized.1160278/
Relevancy 82.56%
Relevancy 81.7%

New Aspire R3 battery won't charge. Was fine but now just recognises it is plugged in but not charging. Only 12% left.

A:My new Aspire R3 battery won't charge. Was working...

Hello, Have you tried this:1. Shut down your laptop2. Disconnect the AC adapter3. Wait few minutes4. Follow this procedure Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol on the bottom.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-new-Aspire-R3-battery-won-t-charge-Was-working-fine-but-now/td-p/422101/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 79.55%

The charge symbol comes on and off with beeps and the computer heats up with the fan going full blast. Any ideas. The laptop is 3 years old and never had charging problems before

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-5951G-will-not-charge-whilst-the-processors-are/td-p/455648
Relevancy 79.12%

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

A:compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19465162
Relevancy 79.12%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi Guys,

I have replaced the battery of my laptop after using it on AC supply for about year after my old battery died.

I get this error message.
"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined
Battery may not charge.
This problem might be solved by:
Connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher."

But I am using a 65W Dell Adapter that I got with my laptop.
BTW, I tried the steps for disc AC >> Start>>Uninstall MS ACPI >> Insert battery>> Restart. This process did not yield any favorable results.

Please help!!!
Thanks,
Nitin

A:Replaced battery on laptop, Battery not taking charge.

If you take the battery out and just use the adapter, will the laptop boot up without errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340766-replaced-battery-laptop-battery-not-taking-charge.html
Relevancy 78.26%

HP g - b us Notebook PCHere is the situation LED charge whi... battery charging battery shows and not Laptop and symptoms nbsp Battery not charging Battery icon indicates battery being charged but it sits at Have bought a replacement HP battery and that battery will not charge also it sits at which I assume is the initial charge it came with nbsp Run the HP Support Assistant and both batteries fail the test saying that cell is bad cells to have charge but cell has a reading even in the new battery Is there a problem accessing charging Laptop battery not charging and battery charge LED shows whi... cell When the battery is installed and the AC adaptor is unplugged and the laptop is turned off the battery charge LED shows a white LED red amber indicates that it is charging the battery now the only time the LED goes out is when the battery is physically removed Before the problem began the battery charge LED would be off when the battery was installed and the charger was not being used Now the battery charge LED goes off only when the battery is physically removed What I have tried Cleaned the contacts Bought a new HP battery Tried the complete discharge method of turning the laptop off removing the power cord and battery and holding the power on key for over seconds Have done safe restarts Reset to HP recommended settings Suggestions recommendations

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-battery-not-charging-and-battery-charge-LED-shows/td-p/5806061
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello all this is my first post on these forums, and hope you guys can help.

My cousins laptop had some issues with the os, so I installed windows 7 ultimate 64-Bit, but the issue is when I plug it in it will not charge, the battery LED says it is but the battery icon says it isn't.
Or sometimes it says its plugged in (The icon) for only a while then it says its unplugged, once I re plug it it will back to say its charging and then so on.
It actually says its charging and have done the power button hold, the Microsoft ACAPI thing in the Device Manager and nothing works. I have no clue what this is and if there is something that could help.
Thanks for the help and If you need more details feel free to ask.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer aspire 5733 Plugged IN but no charge

Welcome to the forums!

This will check your battery life. How old is this laptop? Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Does the battery charge at all? I mean , even if it says it isn't does it take and keep a charge?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282896-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-acer-aspire-5733-plugged-but-no-charge.html
Relevancy 77.4%

hi guys first off all let me start by saying that i did not know how to exactly describe my problem so i just gave it a shot i have a acaer aspire reboots [moved 6920 acer Vista/7] from aspire charge when [SOLVED] on laptop that suddenly started to give problems [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] such freezing and random restarts i tried ti do a system restore but that does not work i have tried a new installation of win - [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] bit but always during the installation the laptop reboots all this time i had the charer plugged in i took out the hard drive and put it in an other laptop to do the fresh install of [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] windows now when i try to start my aspire back up with the freshly installed windows the pc goes into a reboot loop when plugged in charger when the charger is plugged out i can use the laptop normally till the battery is drained as soon as i plug in the charger the laptop reboots again and now for the strange part when i boot in safe mode i can use the charger just fine no reboots now i am very confused if i have not described the problem well pls ask for more info thx in advance Niguel Gunther Cinema Projection amp IT TBL Cinemas

A:[SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7]

Is the A/C adapter original?

Check MSCONFIG for start-up apps related to Acer Power. Uncheck box if found -
START | type msconfig

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-6920-reboots-when-on-charge-moved-from-vista-7-a-544089.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Vaio VGN-NR120E, it's about 3 years old and it's been a while since the new battery started to die (it lasts about 15 minutes when working on just battery). I got a new battery just yesterday, and it was working OK, but when I went to plug the computer to the AC for charging, it reads "plugged in, not charging". I've been looking around the web and see a lot of people have the same problem, but their solutions haven't worked for me. I've tried uninstalling/installing the ACPI compliant control battery thing, shuting down my laptop and taking battery out/in in many different combos, but nothing's working.

When I put the old battery in (which still charges, but as I said only lasts about 15 minutes), it charges normally.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

Relevancy 73.53%

I hope this is ok to post here.

I have had this problem for a while now, my laptop hasnt been charging very well if at all, but luckily my mum has the same laptop so I used her charger for a while which seemed to work. But now it won't charge on either and my laptop went completely dead last night.

But today I tried switching the battery from mine and my mums laptop, and that worked fine. My battery charged in her laptop, and her battery worked fine in mine. But when I switch them back, I can no longer charge it.

What could be the problem here?

A:Laptop battery won't charge?

Do you still have the warranty? If so I would recommend to leave it for service. And yes, this is hardware related, it has nothing to do with Windows.

There is a laptop support here:
Laptop Support - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-battery-wont-charge-640097.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi guys!
i recently purchased an used NC4400 laptop for work....

i chose that model because i have several years working with it and is one of the most rock solid laptops i ever have tried...

but this time i think the seller sold me a defective one...

the seller sold me this one without battery and without charger, its ok for the price (70bucks) i already have couple of those batteries around there and some chargers...

when i receive it, i plug it to the ac and after 20 minutes notice the laptop don?t charge the battery, i tried another battery and the same, i decide to try the battery in another nc4400 i have and it charge it fine.... so is not the battery, and is not the power adapter...

i checked the BIOS and it is exactly configured like the others nc4400 i have here.

what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

A:Laptop won't charge the battery

Well it sure sounds like the issue is with the laptops charger and that's not a good thing, but the laptop runs fine off the ac adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320192-laptop-wont-charge-battery.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Funny thing, first it won't see my primary battery (which is probably normal, the dumb thing only held 5 minutes anyway, it most likely died), second it will not charge my select bay battery (which holds 3.5 hours of charge) if the laptop is off, it only charges it when it's on. If I have it plugged in when it's off to try and charge it the Power LED is green and blinking and the Select Bay Battery LED is amber and blinking and no charging happens. I tried removing the primary battery to see if it was causing this and it still did the same thing...anyone know what causes this? It's a Tecra 8100, PIII 750, 512mb ram, Windows 2000 SP4. I checked the manual, it's says nothing about the power light flashing green and nothing about the battery light flashing amber. Thanks for anything guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-wont-charge-when-laptop-is-off.549547/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Dell Inspiron E Laptop Just yesterday Battery Laptop Will Charge Not I was Laptop Battery Will Not Charge using it on battery which was at full charge when I took it off AC Power About a month ago I had the battery replaced because my old one Laptop Battery Will Not Charge provided me with a charge lasting only minutes and for a college student it is not easy to drag around the power adapter everywhere I go It has been running fine until today From what I can tell the light that goes on when the battery is charging does not come on when the computer is on but when it s off it comes on Everything I ve checked says my laptop battery is quot performing normally quot and what not I highly doubt It s the outlet that I am using as I Laptop Battery Will Not Charge ve been using it for days with no problem The last thing I have to check is my power pack but I don t just have another one lying around Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Battery Will Not Charge

About a month ago, I had the battery replacedClick to expand...

If the battery is under warranty, have it replaced
Did it come from Dell? or elsewhere

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-will-not-charge.116520/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all I apologize as Laptop Battery Not Charge Will I m Laptop Battery Will Not Charge sure there are quite a few similar posts but I haven t had success with some of the standard remedies so I figured I would start a new Laptop Battery Will Not Charge post Computer Asus laptop running windows Problem Laptop powers on and runs fine Laptop Battery Will Not Charge but the battery will not charge When I initially boot up the battery icon looks like it is charging but then stops At any time when hovering over the battery icon it says plugged in charging but it never charges It is currently at Things I have tried I have tried a different charger I have tried to uninstall the windows acpi drivers I have tried to uninstall asus branded battery drivers I have tried rebooting shutting down and pulling the battery and hot swapping the battery Details and things leading up to this My battery has been functioning fine and has been holding a charge nicely it is about years old I recently had my laptop power off unexpectedly a couple times probably due to heat which led to me to not being able to power it on at all I disconnected the battery and power cord held the power button down to discharge it and then it powered back on just fine In the process of tinkering around I accidentally wiggled the RAM chip loose which caused the laptop to not boot up but that was resolved by getting the ram chip back into place probably irrelevant but i figured i would call it out Any ideas I feel like it is a software or driver issue since I ve been experiencing pretty decent battery performance up until it just altogether stopped charging On some of the things I have tried is there specific order I should do things in Thank you so much for the assistance nbsp

A:Laptop Battery Will Not Charge

The battery might have become corroded/damaged, but it could also be the battery bay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-will-not-charge.1128670/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello I have an Acer won't Charge Battery Laptop Aspire - and the battery will not charge no matter what I try If I plug the charger in without the Laptop Battery won't Charge battery inserted the laptop will run perfectly fine But as the battery will not charge and is now dead if I insert the battery with the AC adapter plugged in the laptop will power on for a few seconds then will just die I have tried replacing the battery the issue persists I know that the AC adapter works because the laptop will run solely off of it and it will charge the battery of another laptop perfectly fine I ve tried reinstalling the BIOS with the latest version and holding the power button to release excess power Nothing seems to fix it Do you think this could be a motherboard problem I have removed the keyboard and shell and there seems to be a cable in front of the DC power jack which says quot TO I O quot Could it be an issue with that cable I m all ears so if any of you has a suggestion that might work that would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Not sure if this is a Vista thing or a Dell thing but the computer (Insperon 1545) will not charge the battery when plugged into the pwr adapter. When booting there is a message that says the wrong adapter is attached and to use the correct one. Also in the tray when I mouse over the battery icon it says "Plugged in, not charging". I have tried a second pwr cord without success. I have read forums suggesting that Dell uses a 3 wire cord and that the middle pin is there to tell the computer what adapter is attached. The computer runs fine when plugged in to the adapter it just will not share with the battery. I am trying to make the computer ignore the "incompatibility" and allow the battery to charge. Any suggestions?

A:Laptop will not charge battery

Hello This should be able to help you =] http://en.community.dell.com/support-forum...5/19532416.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341285/laptop-will-not-charge-battery/
Relevancy 73.53%

My daughter has a Dell Inspiron 600m (so do I) and it won't recharge her battery. We keep swapping her battery and mine so that my laptop can recharge her battery. Any idea what I need to look at or why?

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,
I recently bought a new battery for my laptop Inspiron-15 N5010. But the battery stops to charge after about 89% and in the notification i see that it says "89%available(plugged in, not charging)" . What could be the possible reasons?? I set the settings in POWER OPTIONS to default also.
PS: I bought original battery only with original dell seal and packet. But I bought it in Snapdeal online E-commerce site.

A:My new laptop battery does not charge after 89%

Does the system correctly identify the AC adapter (F2 at powerup to check) or does the adapter show "unknown"?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995143
Relevancy 73.53%

Please help. My Hp Pavilion Dv7 windows 7 64 bit, will only charge my battery when my computer is either off or in hibernation mode. When computer is running battery reads plugged in, not charging.

A:Laptop battery will only charge when off.

It may not need charging ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-will-only-charge-when-off.965183/
Relevancy 73.1%

My laptop seems to be completely out of charge, and the only way to use it is to plug it in. If it becomes unplugged, then it immediately shuts off. I am running Windows 8 Pro on a Samsung Series 9 Notebook (P900X3B). It is not a fresh installation of Windows, it was updated from Windows 7.
The battery indicator in Windows 8 states that the battery is at full charge, but it really isn't. I can't remove the battery because it is built into the laptop. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks, HB

A:Laptop battery always at 100%, doesn't charge at all

Hi -

Samsung does make some sacrifices in order to keep the Series 9 so thin and light. The battery, memory, and solid state disk are not user replaceable.
They’re sealed up inside the laptop case, and while you might be able to remove some components and replace them by performing minor surgery on the notebook, you’ll probably void your warranty in the process.

About all I can find .........................

See Series 8 >> Samsung ATIV Book 8 Review and scroll down to Battery life -

Is this yours ?? Or do you mean the Series 9 ??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547202/laptop-battery-always-at-100-doesnt-charge-at-all/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Toshiba Laptop and the laptop will not charge the battery, in the power window the battery meter reads 100%, but when I unplug the laptop it shuts off imediatley. The battery and power supply (cord) is new only 3 months old. Any ideas!

Relevancy 73.1%

Getting a new laptop tomorrow and I was wondering how long a should charge it for before switching it on. I read online that you only need to charge it until its full but I have heard you should charge it like you would with a new phone, about 8 hours or so. So which is it and would it be bad for my battery if I did charge it for 8 hours straight?  The laptop battery is buy from the : www.laptopkeyboardsworld.com                       

A:How long to charge laptop battery on first use?

Hi, Please read the following Qs and As:   http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-long-to-charge-laptop-battery-on-first-use/td-p/1837137
Relevancy 73.1%

I am running windows 8 pro wmc on my HP laptop. One month ago I have bought a new battery. From last one week, when I start my laptop it shows that "plugged it, not charging". When I shut down down, it started charging the battery. After a full charge, my laptop performs good and battery worked for almost more than 2 hours.

Please help me. Whats the issue with my laptop. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:My laptop doesn't charge battery when it is on!!!

Maybe you need to Calibrate the laptop to the new battery: Calibrate Laptop Battery

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30246-my-laptop-doesnt-charge-battery-when.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I was recently given a Dell Inspiron laptop to troubleshoot The machine would not charge its battery Since the machine was charge Solved: battery won't new Laptop a couple of years old I d assumed that the battery was at the end of its useful life and bought a replacement The new battery charged up with no apparent problem and I Solved: Laptop won't charge new battery thought the issue was solved But now I ve heard back from the owner and the original problem has come back Evidently the first discharge cycle was OK but then the machine refused to recharge the battery again If you hover the mouse over the power management icon in the tray area a message is displayed quot available not charging quot And if you attempt to run the machine on the battery it very quickly dies so the battery is truly not getting recharged to any significant degree This is the same behavior that I thought I d fixed by getting a replacement battery The owner also tells me that she has seen some sort of pop-up warning related to the battery or charging functions but her description is very vague and I don t really have any idea how to reproduce the warning whatever it was So now I m thinking that the battery management circuitry is defective My immediate question is whether the charge management function is built into the battery itself or if it is part of the system motherboard The machine is running Vista SP nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Hey, im using an acer aspire. I think I dropped the laptop twice yesterday by mistake when it slid off the bed whilst I wasn't looking.

The charge light comes on, but it doesn't charge. I really need help, and im not experienced with computers. My charger connects to a small hole on the right hand side of the laptop.

Acer 3680
Model number : ZR1
I really really need help, this is the 3rd time my laptops failed me. My dad bought it and he'll be dissapointed in me a lot and i'll have to go through a hard time if he finds out again that I messed it up. =[

-Thanks in advance, Shafski

A:Laptop Battery wont Charge.

Oh yeh, and when i try connecting the charge to the thing where it charges it, and then take it out after a while, it has some weird smell... like a fuse lol.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-wont-charge.694858/
Relevancy 73.1%

Greetings--- I am a novice at fixing problems. When my Dell INSPIRON 8600 LAPTOP boots up it starts with this message " The Ac Power Adapter type cannot be determined. This will prevent optimal system performance" It then gives me 3 choices F1 continue boot -- F2 utility setup -- F3 ignore message in the future.

The laptop will not run unless plugged into charger as the battery is less than 7% charged and I receive a warning about the same.

THE BATTERY WILL NOT CHARGE UP BECAUSE????????

I have had this laptop for 4 years and have had 0 problems til now.

Does anyone have an idea on what to do now?? Laptops are portable but I have to stay tethered to the cord to use. THANK YOU scoop2.2

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,
I am using a HP Laptop, 6314tx. It has been 1 year and 9 months since I am using it. In the past couple of months, I have experienced a battery problem. My laptop battery doesn't charge more than 33%. It was 67% first, then came down to 43% and now 32%. Sometimes, it shows '100% available (plugged in, charging).' But, when I click on the battery icon, it again shows as '32% available (plugged in, charging).'

Is there any solution to this?

A:Laptop Battery Wont Charge

Hello Mrigankp,

You might use this HP battery test to see what the health of your battery is. It may be time to get a new battery or charger. You can read more about this test here.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221235-laptop-battery-wont-charge.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi We have an ASUS K Jr purchased in April last year At the start of this year the hard drive packed it in while I was trying to download something on ITunes and it would not start up again We were moving and so didn't get around to taking it in for a couple of months Anyway a couple of weeks ago we went it in to ASUS and the hard drive was replaced under warranty -year warranty battery won't laptop Asus charge The laptop is Asus laptop battery won't charge working fine now on AC power but the battery will not charge I've tried Asus laptop battery won't charge shutting it down taking the battery out restarting it and putting the battery in while it's on but no dice I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the power management driver from quot Device Manager quot It was saying quot plugged in charging quot on the battery icon but the quot power bar quot on the icon would stop moving within a few seconds of putting the battery back in and the power level would stay at Yesterday it started saying quot plugged in not charging quot Is this because the battery was left in the laptop while it wasn't working Is it just coincidental that the problem started after the hard drive was replaced I am not against getting a new battery but I don't want to fork out for that and then find out the battery wasn't the problem Is there something else we should try

A:Asus laptop battery won't charge

You can likely take the battery to a service center to have it checked, or find someone with a laptop that uses the same battery to see if yours will charge. Of course, it never hurts to have an extra battery around.

Incidentally, I think it a good practice to somehow 'mark' those removable components to ensure that no monkey business has taken place with the servicer. Most are reputable, but as in all occupations, there are those who are willing to excercise immoral practices.

Also of possible help, I haven't checked any of these links, but you should find some useful info:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...s-battery.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+t...x=&startPage=1

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/164757-asus-laptop-battery-wont-charge.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I bought this HP laptop not so long ago, and just recently it has stopped being capable of operating on battery power. In addition, it is constantly charging the battery, but the battery charge meter does not rise. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it myself, or will I simply have to part from the laptop for a few weeks/months to send it back to the manufacturer?

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, I'm new to the forum, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I haven't used my laptop for a while as I'm home for the summer from University and have been using the home computer. I turned my laptop on for the first time in a couple of weeks today and for some reason I can't get it to charge.

The battery light is staying green all the time despite there being 0% battery available. The laptop (on Vista home premium) works fine when plugged in but as soon as I removed the cable or turn the plug off the laptop just goes off.

This hasn't happened before and I'm baffled. Can anyone help? Much appreciated,

Sean.

A:Help needed - laptop battery will not charge

Sounds like the battery is dead and needs to be replaced. You say you haven't used it for a while so it's possible that the battery has completely discharged and may not be capable of recharging.

This is just my opinion as I have no knowledge of laptops or their batteries so if you want to wait for one of the experts to help feel free

Nearly forgot welcome to the forum hope you enjoy being here

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240563-help-needed-laptop-battery-will-not-charge.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi
my windows xp hp pavilion entertainment pc is turned off and won't charge, I think it might be the plug but I'm not sure...
It's so annoying cos I can't do anything until I get some advise...
Can anyone help me?!?!?
Thanks...

A:My laptop is turned off with no battery and won't charge

Your laptop isn't going to "charge" with out a battery installed, because there is no battery in it to charge. Do you mean, it doesn't power up without the battery installed but the power adapter attached? Then you may have a bad power supply and or DC adapter on the laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-laptop-is-turned-off-with-no-battery-and-wont-charge-402271.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there,
My laptop battery wasn't holding charge and a box popped up asking me to keep the batteries maximum charge to 80%.
I have since replaced the battery but my laptop only charges the new one to 80%. I have tried the power options and the advanced power options but i cant figure out how to set it to charge back to 100%.
Any help would be much appreciated,
Cheers
Russ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-charge-problem.984250/
Relevancy 73.1%

I recently installed a new laptop battery. I drained it and recharged it. Now it no longer will charge to 100%. Usually in the 90's but never fully charge. The charge light never goes off like its suppose to do. Any ideas on what I can do or might not be doing greatly appreciated. This is the second new battery within a couple of months.

Relevancy 73.1%

I charge this one, and it says 100%. then 1.5 to 2 hours later it's 10%. Then I get home, plug it in, and in 5 minutes it's saying 44%. it's been plugged in 15 minutes or so, and it's 100% again? that don't seem possible.

something seems strange to me, not right. I've never owned a laptop before so is this normal? I do know this PC is 5 years old and was always plugged in. it's never been used unplugged before now.

I have a compaq C700 notebook.

thanks for any help.

A:how long should a charge last on a laptop battery?

I would drain the battery completely and then recharge it. The time between charges depends on the device and what you're doing. If you're doing stuff like video encoding or other cpu\gpu intensive things, the battery will get used up faster.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295702-how-long-should-charge-last-laptop-battery.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hi there,

I have a Acer Aspire E1 570 laptop that I use for college, the laptop is less then 8 months old. For some reason recently it starting going dead at 40% battery charge remaining. I ran a powercfg -energy from the command prompt and it said that my batterys designed charge is 37000 and last full charge untill the battery read it was fully charged is 36526. If some one would happen to know why this is happening that would be great, as i use the laptop on the battery all the time while i'm at school. I was thinking maybe just refresh the PC from the recovery i made using the provided software with the computer. I'm unsure if that would correct the issue. As well as i haven't found anything on google for this issue on my laptop.

Thanks
RitualJman

A:Acer Aspire E1 570 Battery Dies at 40%

I would contact Acer, since the laptop is still within the warranty period. There are programs out there that can "fix" errors like this. Most likely you just have a bad battery pack in your laptop.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53434-acer-aspire-e1-570-battery-dies-40-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I cant seem to find this information on my laptop.. I am wondering how many watts is my battery?  I wish to buy this laptop external batteryhttps://www.amazon.ca/Portable-External-Multi-voltage-Computer-Notebook/dp/B010D2RQ10 But I read that this bank will charge at 45W. I am afraid that if my laptop is more then 45W it will not charge  I dont really understand what are these numbers anyway. My laptop battery has 4200Mah and this external battery has 10400Mah which would mean that it could charge my laptop almost 3 times. I dont know what role does Watt play. But I have read that it can charge 45W laptops. What happens if my laptop has more Watt than 45?  Thank you everyone who helps!  

A:How many Watts does my battery have? Acer aspire E...

it must match your AC charger adapter Watts and Ampere, to be able to charge. so, have a look at your AC charger specs, they are normally written on it.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/How-many-Watts-does-my-battery-have-Acer-aspire-E5-551G-T018/td-p/454145
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a new Acer Aspire ES1-431. The battery discharges even when the laptop is shut down

A:I have a new Acer Aspire ES1-431. The battery disc...

If you are on windows 8 or 8.1 make sure you turn off fast start-up by going to power options in control panel, at the left side choose change what closing the lid does, than choose change "unavailable settings" (or somethig like that)...than scroll down and uncheck the box saying "turn on fast start-up"

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/I-have-a-new-Acer-Aspire-ES1-431-The-battery-discharges-even/td-p/445374
Relevancy 72.67%

My laptop is almost two years old, it is very slow except when the battery is fully charged.  It doesn't hold a charge for very long.  Is the battery something I can replace myself and if so where do I find it in the lap??  Thanks

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:how long should an Acer Aspire battery last and ex...

Is the battery something I can replace myself and if so where do I find it in the laptop?Yes, the replacement of the battery is very easy:You'll find a latch #2 located on the bottom of the laptop. You have to insert a suitable tool into the latch and slide to release the battery #1.Here is a replacement battery for your laptop: Link

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/how-long-should-an-Acer-Aspire-battery-last-and-exactly-where-is/td-p/451020
Relevancy 72.67%

how can i remove battery from my acer aspire f5-573g model? help me please

A:how can i remove battery from my acer aspire f5-57...

Unless you are having a problem with the battery, this is not recommended. Google the keywords "f5" "disassembly" "battery" if there really is a battery problem. Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/how-can-i-remove-battery-from-my-acer-aspire-f5-573g-model-help/td-p/442310
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a two year old Acer 5735 laptop (bought new in 2009). When I plug it in, the charge indicator never goes on. The laptop simply runs off the battery. I tried using a different AC adaptor (known to be good). There was no difference.

The DC jack was replaced about a year ago. Thinking that the problem may be the jack, I disassembled the laptop, and tested the resistance between the DC jack terminals and the connection of both wires to the circuit board. Both connections look good (resistance near 0). I also replaced the battery, on the outside chance that it could be the battery.

So I ruled out the battery, and AC adaptor, and the DC jack. Any ideas on what to look at next?

A:Acer laptop won't charge

It could be the battery charging circuitry on the main board. This would not be a user-serviceable repair, other than to replace the main board. Some systems may have a plug-in module between the main board and the battery contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-wont-charge.1012085/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have an HP DV T series notebook that is starting to irritate me I run Ubuntu on it and was for minutes will only it, charge it just laptop My reseat I then ~20 goes if battery on for the longest time I finnally made the upgrade to and that is when the symptoms started My battery will charge but only for about minutes then my laptop ignores the My laptop battery will only charge for ~20 minutes if I reseat it, then it just goes fact that the charge is in In order for it to start charging again I have to turn it off reseat the battery and it starts charging again The light next to the charging port is lit up but the battery indicator light on the front does not light up indicating a charge nor does the battery charger in Ubuntu The battery still has a healthy life prior to this happening days ago it worked just fine It will also run just fine on AC power if I take out the battery Because this started happening with the Ubuntu update I backed everything up and switched to Fedora hoping it would solve my issue Unfortunatly that is not the case I have tried reseating the RAM taking out the CMOS for a couple minutes Has anyone every seen this before or have any ideas nbsp

A:My laptop battery will only charge for ~20 minutes if I reseat it, then it just goes

Have you considered going back to Ubuntu 12.04 ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-battery-will-only-charge-for-20-minutes-if-i-reseat-it-then-it-just-goes.1086191/
Relevancy 72.24%

Toshiba Satellite P-105-S6084 Laptop won't fully charge original or new battery, won't run on battery only...

A:Laptop won't operate on battery only, fully charge

So it runs ok when the charger is connected ? With the battery in or out ?

Try a different charger if you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-operate-on-battery-only-fully-charge.1078696/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a dell Inspiron 8200 XP Home ed. , it runs great on the power supply ac. I put a new battery in and then it runs off the battery and not the ac , the battery isnt charging either.Is there something i need to change? I checked hardware settings , nothing about making it stay on ac power.

Relevancy 72.24%

few days ago my AC charger pin demage then i repaired my charger now laptop working  on AC charger but charge the battery  

A:laptop work on AC charger but not run nd charge the battery

@khwaja107207? Did the pin get damaged???  REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-work-on-AC-charger-but-not-run-nd-charge-the-battery/td-p/5720539
Relevancy 72.24%

SOLVED - SEE SOLUTION 2 REPLIES DOWN

Howdy.

Symptoms: Dell Laptop (about 1 year old) only turns on when charger is plugged in. The second the charger is pulled out, the laptop shuts off. The laptop does not seem to charge as it doesn't even recognize a charger as being plugged in. I'd really hate to spend $150 for a new battery/installation already. It has been doing this for 1 day, since coming back from Vegas where I took the laptop with me.
Is there are fixes to this?

A:Solved: Does My Laptop Need a New Battery?? It doesn't seem to charge

Depending what type of battery, they can be pretty short-lived. If NiCad, they die fairly quickly if recharged when they are not completely dead. They need to be "cycled" and die before being recharged or they "remember" the point they are at when charged as being their new minimum and will not hold much charge.

Lithium batteries and NiMH should last a long time.

Check with Compaq for a battery calibration utility for your machine. It may be that simple. But if the battery still doesn't work right, it probably needs replacement. The chargers are almost never the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-does-my-laptop-need-a-new-battery-it-doesnt-seem-to-charge.793354/
Relevancy 72.24%

My battery will not charge.  The laptop will only turn on if it is plugged in with the charger.  Does this mean that I need a new battery?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Battery-will-not-charge-Laptop-only-turns-on-with-charger/td-p/5808227
Relevancy 72.24%

I have an Alienware 14, and recently it refuses to charge past 45%. I'm aware it may be an issue with the battery, but the thing is that it used to do this a while back, with 53%. and then one day, it just fixed itself and i've been fine at 100% for months, until yesterday when it just went down to 45% (as i';m looking at it now, it says "46% available (plugged in, not charging) does anyone know what might be the reason? I've tried updating the BIOS, i've uninstalled and reinstalled the Compliant battery thing in device manager, and i'm still unsure what could be the issue here.

A:Laptop battery wont charge past 45%

Hi JOVVVVV,
Are you using the original Dell OEM adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible?
Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).
Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983979
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all,
I have recently purchased a D430 laptop that comes with Vista. I found that there is no way I can set the charging scheme (i.e. charge only when battery power falls to xx%, etc that I found in my old IBM one). I don't want it to cycle at high percentages as it would degrade the battery fast. Removing the battery is not a good solution - it seems this model is designed to have the battery attached all the time.
Any suggestions?

A:Dell laptop battery charge settings?

Have you tried using another battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-battery-charge-settings.91774/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Asus K53SV laptop. I have replaced the battery and the charger. While the laptop will run on AC power it will not charge the battery. It says plugged in not charging. If I restart the laptop I get an error screen that says the charger is not recognized. Is there a solution to this? I know there is an identification pin in the plug end of the charger and it is still there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-wont-charge-battery.1103210/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey everyone new to the forum, name is James.

So basicly my laptop battery stopped holding a charge and is not be read as connected.
This happened because I was working to fix a physical issue and had removed the battery and put it back in multiple times while my charge cord/ power core was connected.

Hense I can't use my laptop without it being plugged in anymore, so I was wondrring if this is fixable if so what would something like that run me?

A:Laptop battery charge, and connection question

The cost of a new battery will depend on what make & model laptop you have because the price varies by manufacture. First i would try cleaning the connectors between the battery & the laptop because some dirt may have gotten in there & could be interfering with the battery's operation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-charge-and-connection-question.1141316/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I've had this Elitebook 8570w for about 3 months now, and have taken almost perfect care of it (and the battery), but the battery is acting up. This problem just started today. The battery charge shown isn't correct. It says it's, say, 70%, but shuts down because the battery is too low.  When I plug it in and turn in back on, it displays the correct percentage, but as soon as I unplug it the percentage starts showing incorrectly again. I've tried reinstalling the driver, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Right it says it's at 79% but I know it should only be at about 20-40%. Any help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Battery-Not-Showing-Correct-Charge/td-p/5830047
Relevancy 72.24%

hi charge does battery laptop Cheap not fully guys Cheap laptop battery does not fully charge I recently purchased a mah v battery from Ebay for my toshiba m -s laptop to replace the v original battery Instead I got a mah V battery unsurprisingly the front LED charging light Cheap laptop battery does not fully charge never goes green and the charging meter win xp goes up to but stays on quot charging quot without changing to quot on ac power quot like with my older battery Either the battery is f ked or more likely - the laptop is not designed to give sufficient voltage for this battery Here s my question though I can deal with the battery icon not changing as long as I know for sure that it doesn t draw more current than a battery that reports quot I m full quot I m about to start traveling with the laptop and I need a long lasting battery that will spare my vehicle s battery as much as possible I think that when this battery goes to the closest it s going to get to be fully charged the computer power circuit is not able to charge the battery anymore and thus there is no loss and the laptop will actually draw just the power that it needs to keep running also I get about - hours of run time from a supposedly mah battery sound a bit too short no I just can t recall what I used to get from the original mah or so battery I m no good when it comes to electricity so your help is appreciated thanks Shawn nbsp

A:Cheap laptop battery does not fully charge

The "Cheap" laptop battery may not be compatible with the Toshiba laptop, but if you can get over 2.5 hours of runtime on it, be happy. I don't think the battery will damage the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-laptop-battery-does-not-fully-charge.144231/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Yesterday I was using my laptop when I noticed the battery was going down It seemed to be an adapter issue because there are two lights on the laptop nbsp Light A Connection light signalling that the power cord is connected Light B Charge light signalling that the battery is charging nbsp Both lights were off nbsp nbsp At my school we have the same adapters computer battery won't on. charge when Laptop turned is for little Netbook computers I borrowed one of these chargers with the consent of the school Techs nbsp nbsp When I plugged the new charger in my laptop was off Both Light A and B were on I tried turning on my computer but it wouldn't I disconnected the adapter and battery and held down the power button for a minute I plugged in my charger but it still wouldn't Laptop battery won't charge when computer is turned on. turn on I plugged in my Battery as well and noticed Light B turned on The battery was charging I unplugged the Adapter and attempted to turn on my laptop It worked Both Lights were off the Battery was in and it worked nbsp nbsp However when I plug the adapter back in Light A turns on and Light B doesn't When it plugs in the battery symbol changes to charging symbol but only for a few seconds It then returns to the normal battery symbol When it shows the plugged in symbol it says 'Plugged in not charging' nbsp nbsp When I shut it down or have it in sleep mode - the operating system is not running both Light A and B turn on with the Adapter and Battery plugged in When it turns on the battery has clearly increased in charge nbsp nbsp Can someone please help me I can not run it for more than hours at a time - and that's after charging for hour nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Laptop battery won't charge when computer is turned on.

Sounds like the charging board is bad inside the PC.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Laptop-battery-won-t-charge-when-computer-is-turned-on/td-p/386481
Relevancy 72.24%

With the Charger plugged in, laptop works fine but battery is not charging. Replaced the battery and same problem. any ideas as to what else it coud be?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-ENVY-laptop-won-t-charge-just-replaced-the-battery-and/td-p/5822358
Relevancy 72.24%

I acquired a used HP Compaq w laptop a few months ago I recently noticed that the battery charge light doesn t come on I didn t notice this initially because I set it up as a desktop with exterior monitors and never unplugged it from the dock I wanted to use it in my bedroom last night so I became aware of HP coming light off battery/charge won't run on not Laptop the issue then I ran a check on the battery and it tested good The software shows charge is but when I unplug the laptop from the docking station it will not run HP Laptop won't run off battery/charge light not coming on off battery I tested the battery with HP HP Laptop won't run off battery/charge light not coming on Battery Check and it tested good I tried the HP Laptop won't run off battery/charge light not coming on following solution I found on HP forums shut down pull battery hold power for seconds plug into AC power back up re-insert battery Didn t Work I tried an uninstall of the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver with no change at reboot I also tried using a different battery that I know to be discharged and the software shows it at so it s not my software incorrectly reading a full battery The charge indicator did not come on for either battery I put in Laptop runs fine off AC power plug Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro FX M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus Sophos Anti-Virus Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:HP Laptop won't run off battery/charge light not coming on

Hi kannmoore and welcome to TSG.

It looks like there's a problem inside the laptop. To check try charging a known working battery overnight.

If the above doesn't work can you power the laptop directly without using the Docking Station ? If you can try that as well to see if it makes any difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-wont-run-off-battery-charge-light-not-coming-on.1110902/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I hope someone can throw some light on my problem. I recently repaired a laptop Presario 1200 (model 1215EA) (Broken screen). The battery had also come to the end of its life. I've purchased a new battery, however every time I try to charge it the battery LED pulses slowly six times, remains solid for about a minute (during which time the battery charges) then it just flashes until I remove the power supply and reinsert it. I've managed to charge the battery by removing & replacing the power supply, however, this took ages... I've updated the bios etc... Any suggestions??

Regards Andy
N.B. I've noticed that once it reaches 89/90% it keeps going and charges the battery fully (100%)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-battery-charge-problem.259099/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all nbsp I have recently updated my nbsp HP ENVY TouchSmart -j ea Notebook PC from Windows to Windows and updated the BIOS of the Laptop nbsp Now the Battery is refusing to Charge nbsp I have tried uninstalling the drivers whilst the battery is connected and not connected but the Battery still will not charge nbsp It is coming will not and Laptop Charge Now Updated Recently the Battery up with the Primary Battery - Replace but unsure whether this is due to recently Upgrading to Windows or the BIOS or just coincidental as its a three-year-old Laptop nbsp I have looked into replacement batteries but I am unable to find the correct battery On the Battery it has the below information which I can not find on the HP Website nbsp Recently Updated Laptop and Now the Battery will not Charge PI Notebook BatteryReplace with HP Spare - CT DGAQC RY B AO Mfg date nbsp Has anyone else had this issue Is there a new battery to replace nbsp - Does anyone know any reputable companies that sell Notebook Batteries in the UK nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recently-Updated-Laptop-and-Now-the-Battery-will-not-Charge/td-p/5742200
Relevancy 71.81%

good day m8's anyone here knows or have a schematic diagram of an acer aspire 3004 wlci battery? i really need it thanks in advance m8's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3004-wlci-battery-help.709875/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello, I am in need to change my Acer Aspire V3-571G laptop's battery. There are 10.8V, 4400mAh / 48Wh parameters on original battery and I want to replace with battery having 11.1V, 4400mAh / 49Wh parameters. Will I have any issues with new battery? Is it safe for my laptop? Will it do any damage to my laptop?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-battery-replacement/td-p/440064/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.81%

I realize I'm relatively new to the community but keep in mind I'm not Aspire-951822 Acer Trouble) (Battery an exact novice with technology That being said I know I didn't purchase the best Laptop and I never purchased one before hand Here's the situation nbsp I've read many help forums trying to solve the charging problem by simply disconnecting the battery I found myself unable to do so Then I found out about the battery reset button also did not solve the problem it was totally useless When the laptop is off and the charger plugged in the LED with a light bulb behind it blinks Acer Aspire-951822 (Battery Trouble) orange twice and nothing happens until I turn it on then turns blue When I goto shut it down and Acer Aspire-951822 (Battery Trouble) after it's shut down the battery LED blinks orange at second intervals The laptop is otherwise fine-other than the fact I need to bring the charger wherever I am in order to use it so I can rule out the adapter being the issue I think nbsp Please help quickly-if it's unfixable I need to return it soon Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire-951822 (Battery Trouble)

Yup, that's it. So the battery is internal, but I'd like to go over a power reset just to make sure.

It will be a bit tricky, but hit the battery pin hole reset with a paperclip or something similiar. You should feel a pretty definitive recession when you push on it. If you can, hold the power button for 10-30 seconds and then try.

If that fails, I'd recommend contacting your local service team as I can't think of any other troubelshooting and I suspect that the battery has failed.

Cory

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-951822-Battery-Trouble/td-p/425547/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.81%

How can one remove the battery pack from the Notebook Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573)?

A:How to remove battery pack from Acer Aspire E 15?

Have a look at this...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-remove-battery-pack-from-acer-aspire-e-15.1167065/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi having a problem running my Laptop on battery power nbsp When the machine is connected to the mains the battery is charging and says battery turn on... Won't v3-571g, with Aspire on Acer charged When I disconnect the mains the laptop immediately turns off and doesn t swap to battery mode nbsp When trying to turn the laptop on with just battery power the laptop does not turn on However I can hear a high pitch noise every time the power button is pressed in this situation nbsp I have attempted this with three different batteries nbsp At the moment I have my machine dissembled trying Acer Aspire v3-571g, Won't turn on with battery on... to work out if Acer Aspire v3-571g, Won't turn on with battery on... there a short from one of the circuits that connect to the battery nbsp If anyone has had this problem or knows anyone or anywhere to fix it please advise me nbsp Also if anyone knows where or if there are any circuit layout diagrams of the motherboard that will also be a great help as I can see if any of the components are shorted or burnt out nbsp ThanksMcMillan

A:Acer Aspire v3-571g, Won't turn on with battery on...

Hello, A stupid question:Have you performed a power reset?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-v3-571g-Won-t-turn-on-with-battery-only-Turns-off/td-p/424147/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm getting a message that my laptop is recommending a new battery, however, I can't find anything on the settings etc that tells me what type/size battery to buy - without having to open up the unit first.  Can someone please advise what I need to buy and if any special instructions to change out a battery?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-5742-is-recommending-a-new-battery-what-type-size/td-p/437691/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello, I have an acer aspire v15 v3-574g-70xl. As I use my laptop a lot at home, I would like to use it without battery, just with AC power most of the time, in order to preserve the battery. How would that be possible? The battery is not removable. Thanks.

Best regards,
Fabio 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-v15-v3-574g-70xl-battery/td-p/449123
Relevancy 71.81%

Clearly something wrong with the battery on my Acer Aspire 7740 laptop. Preloaded with Windows 7, 64-bit o.s. [would love to get rid of that]. Battery, which is always fully powered, allows only 1 1/2 to 2 hrs use off power. Transformer is functioning, connection to laptop is good. I have a lousy battery, right? This product is under warranty, was purchased about 4 months ago.
Lots of problems. Have attempted to work with Acer support, but the communication is not only difficult, but virtually useless. Most of the time they can't understand the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7740-battery-gives-only-2-hr-use-off-power-506684.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My R7 works ok when remove the battery and plug power cable. R7 power led on, screen black (no post screen) when battery plugged only and NO power cable.R7 power led on, screen black (no post screen) when battery plugged only and power cable plugged.R7 works ok when NO battery and power cable plugged. Question:1. Is it battery death only, I need to buy a battery and verything will ok (Acer service engineer said so but he do not have a good battery to test and prove it)?2. Is some component break on mother board, like power management module? I am afraid that I buy a battery and the problem still there? Who can help me!!!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire R7 can not boot when Battery plug on

If it was me, I would suspect the battery enough to buy one. I think if it was power management Hardware, it wouldn't work on power either.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R7-can-not-boot-when-Battery-plug-on/td-p/435759
Relevancy 71.81%

It is touch screen. I want to take it out sometimes and just use electricity from the wall so I can prolong the life of the battery.

A:How to remove battery from acer aspire e15 e5-575t...

You don't need to take out the battery as there's a built in mechanism to turn off charging once the battery fully charged, if you insist on removing the battery, you need to take off the back cover and removing the battery similar to the model in the link below. You need to remove the service hatch( for HDD and RAM) first for your model.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJhiwxsWWMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXNKOkdrEhI

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/How-to-remove-battery-from-acer-aspire-e15-e5-575t-52xc/td-p/453584