Windows Support Forum

Games won't start after installing a new vga?

Q: Games won't start after installing a new vga?

Hi I ve start new after installing vga? won't Games a just bought a new vga Radeon HD I had Games won't start after installing a new vga? GT before Everything was fine I downloaded the drivers played some games and everything was ok Games won't start after installing a new vga? After testing it I decided to uninstall the Nvidia drivers because it seems to me that I didn t need them anymore I did it using the programs and features in Control Panel after restarting the PC the games I tried didn t start Assassin s creed IV Black Flag when I tried to start it nothing happend and nothing changed in task manager Battlefield It says that I need directx which is weird cause I have the newest directx installed on my PC Also KMplayer won t work it doesn t show any video but plays the sound VLC and jetaudio work just fine System Games won't start after installing a new vga? Information OS Windows Ultimate SP Processor Intel Core i CPU Motherboard J amp W JW-H T-PRO RAM GB VGA Radeon HD So what should I do Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Games won't start after installing a new vga?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Games won't start after installing a new vga?

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the amd drivers and it got fixed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-wont-start-after-installing-a-new-vga.198393/
Relevancy 47.3%

This problem just started today. The games explorer will not start a new game; it will only try to start saved games (even when there are no saved games). I checked all of the settings and could find nothing that should cause this behavior. The only way I can start a new game is to go the the exe file and start from there. I suppose I could start a saved game, if any, and then go to the menu and start a new game from there. However, I would like to fix this problem. I have a Dell furnished CD for Windows Vista, but I don't know if one can reinstall only the games. I surely do not want to reinstall the OS.

A:Vista Games All Want to Start Saved Games

I just discovered I have the exact same problem. I have Vista Ultimate (x64). Played Spider Solitaire last night, now it is gone.

Gee, could have something to do with the 17 MS updates that were installed last night?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/260091-vista-games-all-want-start-saved-games.html
Relevancy 44.72%

It started yesterday when I attempted to launch a game Civilization V through Steam and got the BSOD error I Games BSOD on Steam/Launching Games Installing Steam When Through uninstalled and re-installed Steam my graphics drivers everything I can possibly think of including a general fix Steam itself responded to me with which was completely unspecific to my issue - they clearly can't be bothered and I am to the point where I have asked for a refund for my games because it is just that hopeless In a last ditch effort to get my computer straight I BSOD When Installing Games on Steam/Launching Games Through Steam downloaded BlueScreenView and this is what it has told me Mind you there are multiple errors From this afternoon before driver re-install and disc check - SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION x B - File names listed as issues ntoskrnl exe and tcpip sys I also had this issue last night More recently after all of my quot fixes quot - DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d - File names listed as issues athrx sys and ntoskrnl exe again Even in older crashes ntoskrnl exe has been listed as an issue and I don't have enough knowledge of this sort of thing to have any idea what this means Is there hope BSOD When Installing Games on Steam/Launching Games Through Steam for me

A:BSOD When Installing Games on Steam/Launching Games Through Steam

I have disabled my wireless connection and connected to the internet to download using an ethernet cable, and all is going well at the moment.
Launching games was also an issue, but the downloading has been fixed!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294780-bsod-when-installing-games-steam-launching-games-through-steam.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am trying to install games from an old pc to a new pc. I copied the games to CD and now need to know how to install them on the other computer. What do I need to do next? Does this require an install program or anything else? I thought they would load automatically. Thank you.

A:installing games cd

very few games can be transferred from pc to pc, only small one's that require no installation. You will have to reinstall the games using the original disk and then you may be able to transfer the saved games, etc back into the new installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-games-cd.107240/
Relevancy 43.43%

I work at a church preschool, we have a bunch of older games we want to intall on the computer for the kids to play. I have an old computer with xp on it. Most of the games I try and install gets an error message: C\Windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running msdos and microsoft windows applications. Is there a way to get the games to install?

A:Installing games on XP

Go to this link: http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/
Download and install the XP_FIX.EXE
Reboot afterwards. Let us know if this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-games-on-xp.750780/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, I keep getting this error message everytime I try to install games that I have uninstalled in the past and want to reinstall them. The error i get is-

"c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications. choose 'close' to terminate the application."

I figured it had something to do with service pack 2 but I'm not quite sure.

Thanks,
Evan

Relevancy 43.43%

After reading some of the threads and installing specific drivers etc. I am still unable to download several of the games we have purchased for our kids. Could you please provide some instruction on this. In most cases, the CD loads and shows all of the files on it but from there, where do we go?

Thanks!

Relevancy 43.43%

I tried to download a a demo for sronghold crusaders and it wouldn't work, can someone please explain?

A:Installing Games

According to Stronghold: Crusader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it was released just after *XP* was - so trying to get it to run on Vista is going to take some effort on your part. You'll want to find their forums and ask around in there if anyone has gotten it to work.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/176320-installing-games.html
Relevancy 43.43%

H,

I just was curious whether it is ok to install games to an external usb 2.0 hdd or are there known issues. Or would it be better to put it inside on an IDE (which i'm not to sure how to do).

If I did switch to ide would I lose all the data or just have to re-install games.

Thanks.

Relevancy 43%

everytime i try to install a game like The Sims 2 or Half Life 2, when i insert the CD the autoplay doesnt start. so i go to my computer and click on the drive's icon and press open. but then it freezes up, so i click out of my computer and it says theres a problem then i click "end now" and the bottom bar disappears for a couple mins. then it comes back and a window pops up and says something like

"error windows cannot find C:\WINDOWS\Config\csrss.exe or something"

my computer has all the requirements. and these games have been installed before then i uninstalled them. i cant reinstall them??

A:installing games HELP pleaaasee

Can you confirm that file path? Csrss.exe is a windows file, but it shouldn't be located in C:\windows\config, it should be C:\Windows\System32. If it's elsewhere then it might be a virus or malware posing as that file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-games-help-pleaaasee.833784/
Relevancy 43%

hi there first of all i don t know if that s the right section for such problem but plz if its not feel free to move it wherever u see fit so here s the thing i recently re-installed windows x ultimate instead of another working system cuz i had some problems with gaming anyway b the re-install i used to play games on maxed out settings with re-installing after windows low some games FPS(20) 7 in Very no problem after the re-install i Very low FPS(20) in some games after re-installing windows 7 downloaded and installed the latest drivers and everything and then i tried to run Gears of war only to get a runtime error so i search on google and i find this topic on Epic forums telling me that if i ran gears of war on compatibility mode of windows i should not get that error so i do that and i disable the visual themes as well when i first tried to run the game on these settings i got a pop-up telling me to run cpu driver so i just click run but i get this message that AMDcpu driver is for windows xp only anyway the game runs yaay but at a very low fps missured with fraps in the menus so i figure why not after all i disabled the visual theme and ran it in in windows comp mode i thought it would be fine once i start playing so when i start playing i get nice fps like i thought for like the first seconds then everything falls apart frame rate drops Very low FPS(20) in some games after re-installing windows 7 to when Very low FPS(20) in some games after re-installing windows 7 i try to run the game again i get the same fps even without the initial boosted framerate tried lowering all graphics to minimum but that didn t help at all it s like it s locked at fps thinking it s the game installation that s corrupt i re-install the game and this time without running the game in comp mode i get the game running without the error but i still get the low fps like if that s not bad enough now i get the same FPS drop in assassin s creed II which i used to run just find b that little stunt of mine the weird thing is that i tried modern warfare multiplayer and it worked fine without fps drops please help me i used to run all these game just fine but now i can t SPECS System windows Ultimate x CPU AMD Phenom Quad Core Black edition Ghz Ram x G Motherboard Gigabyte MA GM-S H VGA Sapphire HD Toxic thnx nbsp

A:Very low FPS(20) in some games after re-installing windows 7

pump!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-low-fps-20-in-some-games-after-re-installing-windows-7.978640/
Relevancy 43%

Updated McAfee VirusScan and now the action on the Solitaire, Free Cell and Hearts Games won't work. The games appear, but the cards won't move. How do I recover them?

Relevancy 43%

hi i thought i will never have restarts again but they have come back i will give details for you to discern some information and then give recommendations xp service pack sempron msi k motherboard nvidia chipset kingston ddr gainward mb driver games installing after xp restarts beta enermax watt psu yesterday and today i installed splinter cell and starwars kotor and after copying the no-cd exe to the game file directory my pc restarts before when i use opera it restarts but xp restarts after installing games since after re-installing xp my firewall and opera did not crash anymore but it occured again when i install a game xp restarts after installing games and after such time when i finished copying the crack to the game directory i did some memory check with checkit diagnostics my ram is fine my cpu temp is c and gpu c also i checked eventviewer and in the apps it says there nview info with event id brothers in arms always crashes after downloading the patch hey and i also remembered that after installing the game and installing the latest version of the patch my pc restarts but i dont get any bsod at all it just restarts i also have the cardex file service problem but i traced this to the gainward expertool utility what could be causing this thanks

A:xp restarts after installing games

Perhaps you can contact the game manafacturers and let them know that your pc restarts after applying a crack for their software?? :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-restarts-after-installing-games-105805.html
Relevancy 43%

If i do a clean install of windows 8.1 do I need to re download my games on the other hdd and ssd or can I just point steam to the right files thanks in advance

A:Installing games question

Just point Steam to the files. There may still be some downloads, but nothing big. Just install Steam and point it to where the base files (games) are installed.

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/66354-installing-games-question.html
Relevancy 43%

I've been having this problem for a couple months now and in almost every game I play, anywhere between 1-6 hours of consecutive play, my computer locks up and I'm presented with the infamous BSOD. I've tried to enable dump files for the crash, however no files have appears, even after multiple crashes. I'd like some help figuring this out, and the lack of dump files has left me stumped on what to do next.
I've even re-installed my OS in hopes to restore order, which did not work.

A:BSOD in most games after installing new GPU

Is anyone willing to help me with this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332373-bsod-most-games-after-installing-new-gpu.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a 40gb hard drive but I only had 3gb free after unstalling everything I didn't use. I decided to reformat and reinstall windows (by the way, I use windows XP)
When I went to install Max Payne, which worked before, it gave me a "catostrophic error".
I thought mabey it was my cd rom that was messed up and used another drive. This still didn't work.
I then tried using another computer that had the game on it to make an .iso image of the disc and mount it to a virtual cd drive. Still no luck.
I reformated and reinstalled windows 98 this time. It worked fine but when I performed the upgrade it returned to the previous state.
Please help, I can play the game under windows 98 but I would like to use XP like I could before.

A:Problems installing games

contact microsoft

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-installing-games.67298/
Relevancy 43%

I've tried this with two different games now and I get the same problem. Whenever I try to install a game (running the setup program), the installwise will hang. You know that little blue box that usually pops up before you get into an setup program? It will hang on that.
The CPU usages shoots to near 100%, and my RAM usage graduately increases until it too is full and my computer is running like an old woman.

I've tried this with two games that I bought and own numerous times, and the setup will stall every time, almost immediately.

Anyone have any idea what may be causing this? I haven't noticed it until recent, but then again I haven't installed anything major in awhile either. Help is -greatly- appreciated, otherwise I guess I'm going to reformat sooner than I had planned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-games.230810/
Relevancy 43%

Hi.

I have recently bought a Windows7 computer and have tried to install some games but when I install the CD-ROM nothing happens. I tried clicking on the disc-drive and clicking on 'setup' and 'autorun' but still nothing happened. I saw a msg that said it was something to do with my 'Internet Security settings' but these are on default. Please can someone help me? I don't understand why this is happening.

Thank you.

Michael.

Relevancy 43%

Hello all I have been having trouble installing any games that recquire a second or third disc While usually I have been able to work around by installing of of the HD some times this is not possible Right installing having Games!!!! trouble know I am trying to install Empires DotMW keeps asking for the second disk even after extracting all files to folder on HD I am running an Hitachi LG-GCC b cd-rw-dvd-rom drive I have determined that it is operating correctly I have also been told that the driver are part of the XP structure I first started to have trouble after installing Soldiers Heroes of WWII I guess it has some pretty harsh protection that having trouble installing Games!!!! is rumored to mess up drives I don t know but I used to have no probs with multi installs Now I have nothing but probs Soldiers wont work no more aaarrrghhh So having trouble installing Games!!!! if you can help with installing of the HD like what I would have to do to be able to install Empires please let me know Thanks Graiskye nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-installing-games.314234/
Relevancy 43%

I purchased some racing games for my grandson and also a Dual Shock Pc Joypad. Neither of the games will recognize the Joypad and the games can only be operated on the computer keyboard. How can I establish the driver to operate the new joypad?

A:Installing a USB PC Joypad for games

I guess the first thing I would do is make sure that the games in question support joypad operation. Some games will only run with mouse and keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-a-usb-pc-joypad-for-games.212909/
Relevancy 43%

Cannot install any game, while installing there were several error msg however ignored those & installation was successful
? after the installation there was an "auto patch" running
? restarted the comp & it was asking to insert the disc. used the games disk and while play it gave an error & comp shut down.
? once again uninstalled the game & reinstalling it - same issue we get CRC error and computer freezes.
looking forward for any solution or suggestions.

A:CRC error while installing games

Could you possibly post the entire error message? I could help further with an exact message.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crc-error-while-installing-games-256823.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone I have paid the bucks over for different techies to check out my system No help I m left with a computer with big problems installing games or really any piece of software that one installs from CD I ll explain the problem and what I m looking for is some clues or a diagnostic process to run through to try and fix this thing I have my fingers crossed that someone can give me direction New computer - GHz DDR Nvidea GForce Sound Blaster Gamer GIG Hard drive Windows XP The computer has trouble installing anything and everything from the CD games installing anything) (or Trouble I don t think it has trouble installing Windows XP but after that the fun begins Installations almost always give CRC errors saying bad installation media or a corrupt installation file A specific file will be named in the error message and a choice will be given to ignore cancel installation or retry to get the installation Trouble installing games (or anything) to retry the specific file Sometimes retry removes the error message and a little while further another will pop up naming another corrupt file The odd thing is the supposedly corrupt files may be different each time I try Trouble installing games (or anything) to install A file that wasn t corrupt my first attempt is now identified as corrupt and so on Even when I manage to install something and I can install games with persistence sometimes attempts at installing and the game or software will install even with no error messages Even then the game won t patch The patches find corrupt files that are installed Warcraft Neverwinter Nights Dungeon Siege Morrowind - none will patch normally all say corrupt files What has been done by me and my to the techies Reformatted the hard drive reinstalled Windows XP and with nothing else installed games like the above will have the exact same difficulties installing Drivers for all hardware including the BIOS is current All updates for XP are done I ve swapped the CD Rom for another - no difference I m stuck I m fed up Can anyone help here Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I have old CD's with Sierra Quest for Glory games on them. I'd like to play them, but they will not install. What should I do to be able to do so?
Please be very specific, because I am not very computer literate. Thanks.
(I currently have Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Desktop)

A:Installing old Sierra Games

right click on the setup.exe file on the CD and click properties. Under Compatibility Tab, choose Windows 98/ME.

I

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-old-sierra-games.905978/
Relevancy 43%

The above error occurs when installing any/most of my games. If anyone has any info on how I might go about fixing it any help is appreciated. My system requirements exceeds the game requirements I am trying to install.

Thanks.

A:Getting this error while installing games

dude. There is a post 2 above yours with the exact error name as it title.

I would start there and if that doesnt work then repost your question / problem.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-this-error-while-installing-games.460989/
Relevancy 43%

Hi there I m just about at my wits end in trying to install new games on my new gaming PC the first one is Solved: on PC new Installing games an older game Medal of honor Airborne and the other is the new enhanced edition of Witcher Both these games are brand new Solved: Installing games on new PC Medal of Honor will get past the registration and eula thingy and start to install but stops a while later with the error Content cab is corrupt and then you can t get any further Funny thing is that sometimes it gets Content cab is corrupt The Witcher starts to install and then comes the error Feature transfer error Data Catastrophic failure I then tried to install them on my wifes PC and they both installed perfect I have checked to see if my PC can run these games with the quot Can you Solved: Installing games on new PC run it quot utility and they both should Below I have pasted some of my dxdiag report it wa too long to be allwed in Solved: Installing games on new PC one lot the rest is in my next post to see if someone out there can work this out for me please ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name MYSUPERPLOOTA Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model P Q DELUXE BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM CPU E GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- A - CF-FD - A C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x E SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D ModeWMV B ModeWMV A Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY Deinterlace... Read more

Relevancy 43%

I have just purchased some games there are 6 in all and only 3 will work on my computer i have windows xp and it said the lowest requirments were windows 98 it installs but then when I go to open it a screen comes up that C drive cannot find the file when i finally get it the game i can't get past the intro and it goes back to desktop i have cleaned the temp files, defrag, cache, and have more than enough hard drive space to put the game in HELP :

A:games installing but not working once done

What is the exact error message? What games do not work?
What are you system specs?
Make and model of your system including RAM, CPU, video card and audio card manifacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-installing-but-not-working-once-done.214464/
Relevancy 43%

for quite awhile now my pc will restart when installing games but never when i install software or play cd/dvd's. only been having this problem since i got my new hard drive never happened with my old one

system specs
amd athlon xp 2600+
radeon 9200
512 memory
420 watt powersupplie
dvd-rom
cdrw

plz help
ps not sure if you need more info then that if so tell me

Relevancy 43%

Hey everyone let me first say well done on the nice forum and quick replies you guys give to newbies keep it up Ok my problem a few months ago I tried to install BF I put the CD into the CDROM and nothing happened so I asked a tech-savvy friend of mine PC Problems my installing games with any on and he said try the DVD thing under it so I did and it worked That was the last game I installed on my PC now today I ve been trying to install The Burning Crusade Newest WoW expansion I put the CD into the DVDdrive hoping it would work like BF but nothing happened nothing atall no Problems with installing any games on my PC errors Problems with installing any games on my PC nothing I m guessing its not registering with the PC for some reason Something is outdated I ve restarted my PC and updated DirectX to version and updated nVidia GeForce FX Drivers Is there Problems with installing any games on my PC anything else I could do to stop this problem My Specs and other info you might need Operating System Windows XP Home Edition System Model Advent Series BIOS Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name NVIDIA GeForce FX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce FX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found Thanks Simon nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Help me PC brain trust I have a bevy of Jane s flying games that I used to play on my old systems I recently retired my franken-tower to the basement to serve as a NAS box for docs installing Problem games and media and I put an off-lease Optiplex on Problem installing games the main desk upstairs for a family computer running WinXP Pro It s certainly got the hardware specs Problem installing games to run my old games but I can t get them to install The old system dual boots XP Home and Win I can play the games out of but I can t get them to install on XP Home I know in the past I was able to install and play them on the XP Home partition but I had to reimage back to a point before the games were on there and now after all the system updates they won t go back on Here s the behavior both XP machines Load install disc in this case Jane s USAF but the behavior is the same for all games I ve tried Autoplay brings up splash screen Select Install Splash screen disappears icon spins for ten seconds Nothing else happens Process setup exe is in task manager doing nothing No error messages no program events nothing Here s what I ve tried Ensure I m using admin account fail Disable virus scan fail Disable firewall fail Compatibility mode fail Mount ISO to virtual drive fail Copy disc to HDD and run fail Rename executable file fail Write new ISO with renamed exe mount and run fail Burn new ISO to disc and run fail Install games to VM running Win install success but game won t run for lack of hardware virtualization video Install games to laptop running Win install success but game won t run in any compatibility mode I have no problems with other executables for various programs this behavior is specific to games so far Janes and Microprose I am at wit s end Everything works fine when I boot up the partition on the basement NAS I ve got good hardware software and media so what can I do to force XP to install my games

A:Problem installing games

It?s certainly got the hardware specs to run my old games, but I can?t get them to install. << Could be wrong -Most of these games are designed for Pre XP systems, so they will not run on your "modern" updated XPI have the same situation with several Win 98 games that no longer run - Some are suitable, but not all - Google Jane?s flight games, and check the OS required for these games, even Wiki has a list, see below >>>Wiki List of gamesJane's Combat Simulations: US Navy Fighters (1994) DOSJane's Combat Simulations: US Navy Fighters Marine Fighters (1995) DOSJane's Combat Simulations: Advanced Tactical Fighters (1996) DOSJane's Combat Simulations: Advanced Tactical Fighters - Nato Fighters (1996) DOSJane's Combat Simulations: Advanced Tactical Fighters Gold (1996) DOSJane's Combat Simulations: AH-64D Longbow (1996) DOSJane's Combat Simulations: AH-64D Longbow: Flash Point Korea (1996) DOSJane's Combat Simulations: AH-64D Longbow Limited Edition (1996) DOSJane's Combat Simulations: Longbow Gold (1997) DOS, WindowsJane's Combat Simulations: U.S. Navy Fighters '97 (1997) WindowsJane's Combat Simulations - 688(I) Hunter/Killer (1997) WindowsJane's Combat Simulations: Fighters Anthology (1997) WindowsJane's Combat Simulations: Longbow 2 (1997) WindowsJane's Combat Simulations: WWII Fighters (1998) WindowsJane's Combat Simulations: Longbow Anthology (1998) DOS, WindowsJane's Combat Simulations: F-15 (1998) WindowsJane's Combat Simulations: Israeli Air Force (1998) WindowsJane's Combat Simulations: Fleet Command (1999) WindowsJane's Combat Simulations: USAF (1999) WindowsJane's Combat Simulations: F/A-18 (2000) WindowsGood Luck -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472167/problem-installing-games/
Relevancy 43%

Hi

I am having trouble installing a couple of new PC games from disc. Upon attempting to install I get this message:
A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks!

A:Trouble installing PC Games

What are the requirements for the games...re Visual C++?

You can have multiple versions installed, I believe.

I would install the versions required by the games.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507920/trouble-installing-pc-games/
Relevancy 43%

Just a few questions here. Not a computer savvy guy so try and bare with me.

Basically all I want to know is "how" does installing too many games affect your pc?

I have about 4 gigs of memory when I bought my computer and I always thought you simply subtract any programs/processes from whatever you currently have and that would leave you with whatever current memory the pc has left. For example, Windows Vista I think takes up 1.5 gigs of ram. Would that leave me with 2.5 gigs available for the rest of my computer?

A:Questions regarding installing games on pc.

'Installing' games does not affect the computer. I have only 2GB of RAM and have about 26 commercial games installed including Call of Duty 2,4,WoW, Far Cry 2, Bioshock, Half Life 2 series, Crysis Warhead etc.

On 32 bit systems (most PCs), depending on the motherboard and CPU, you might get just 3.25 GB out of 4GB of RAM for use by applications due to limitations of 32 bit memory addressing but most games should work fine anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/questions-regarding-installing-games-on-pc.815766/
Relevancy 43%

my dvd rw is not installing games from dvd9 and i cant copy dvd9 to my hardisk i have samsung writemaster and it has running all other dvds and cds but error occurs in only dvd9...

A:My DVD-RW is not installing DVD9 games

These are games copied to double-layer DVD? I read a while back that game cd/dvd are copy protected. Maybe that has something to do w/ it? Or the file system on the DVD is UDF 2.5, and Windows XP can't read that. Can your discs be read on a different computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-rw-is-not-installing-dvd9-games.167661/
Relevancy 43%

I have Windows 7 pro installed and then upgraded to windows 10 with latest updates etc for it. it is installed on C drive like normal. i have another hard drive G that i use to install bunch of PC games ranging from new to old. I noticed that when some of the pc games want to install Direct X componets, MS .net redistro packs etc an error occurs saying i do not have Admin rights to do this. I know Win10 comes with Directx 11 and that the pc games have direct X 10 so i do not need that updated every time a game asks same goes with the redistro packs for .net and other comparable components do i need to install these components everytime i install a game? why am i getting an error in which i have to be an admin when i already am in the admin group.

A:installing PC games on different drive

Most games will try and install the .NET files everytime you do "Install a new game" I currently have 2 machines 1 gaming and one streaming/mining. In my Gaming machine I have a SSD dedicated for my operating sysytem and programs that I use on a daily basis like photoshop/sony vegas etc. I then have another SSD just for my games, I have this exact same problem. I haven't found a way around it yet, as I am running DX12. Its not too much of a hassle to wait the extra 30 seconds for the pack to install though.

What I would suggest when you are ready to install a said program and you can find the .exe right click go to properties and then security and make sure you have everything checked for the game in question, Windows 10 likes to make different user accounts for some reason.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/35647-installing-pc-games-different-drive.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok so since I got this new computer I've been having alot of problems and I'm not sure why. I think its a Windows 7 problem but again I'm not sure that why I'm putting it here. Every game I try to install keeps getting error messages. The game will say installation was complete but then when I go to play the game (single player or multi player) I get a message that says "This program did not install correctly please try re-installing or re setting to allowable settings (or something like that.) Whats going on. I didn't spend almost 1000 dollars on a new computer so I can't play any games.

Also all games installed are compatible with Windows 7 and a 64 bit program.

A:Having trouble installing games

Is this the same machine that you're being helped with here?

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/989344-decrapifyer-anti-bloatware-mess-up.html

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-installing-games.989924/
Relevancy 43%

Hi.

I have recently bought a Windows7 computer and have tried to install some games but when I install the CD-ROM nothing happens. I tried clicking on the disc-drive and clicking on 'setup' and 'autorun' but still nothing happened. I saw a msg that said it was something to do with my 'Internet Security settings' but these are on default. Please can someone help me? I don't understand why this is happening.

Thank you.

Michael.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-problems-installing-games.961234/
Relevancy 43%

HI all i have registered on this site now but im visitor from January I have various problems on windows but i like this for games Same performance of XP x on DX and more speed than Vista on DX But i have much games, 7 Windows help Installing for ! RC only need i problems - After instaled Klite Codec Pack is impossible to use ConvertXtoDVD to use avi filme and separeted sub file to create DVD and all DVDs is not playable on Windows Media or Media Center I have instaled Klite last version and FULL INSTALATION Anybody have an solution - I have found an solution for media encoding to convert to DVD Installing Windows 7 RC only for games, i need help ! i have instaled XP on Virtual PC all works fine but the encoding is very SLOW because this is an Virtual Machine - IF is impossible to install codecks packs like Klite or Seven Codec Pack is posible to install Seven drivers and shutdown Microsoft Defender Installing Windows 7 RC only for games, i need help ! and leave this Installing Windows 7 RC only for games, i need help ! computer only for games Installing only DX last version Microsoft and C Redist and overclock tool like EVGA My idea Seven for games without any programs on background and XP on VM for antivirus Office and others programas But im convert much movied im download avi and SUB convert on XonvertXtoDVD and play on My TV I have experienced problems on Vista like this instaled Klite on FULL options and i need download PowerDVD to play DVD and reinstaled Windows Media codecs from original archive to play Mpeg on Media Any idea Solutions Please My english is horrible i know because im Brazillian and have much yers i have stoped stude of english Thx Bye Daniel Castilho elecg from Brazil

A:Installing Windows 7 RC only for games, i need help !

Hi, i use convertx on win 7 7100 64bit with no problems at all, i didn't install ANY codec packs and have coverted/burnt films with sub files for my stand alone dvd player.

Maybe uninstall the codec packs and try the latest version of convertx which is 3.5.2 i belive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7994-installing-windows-7-rc-only-games-i-need-help.html
Relevancy 43%

I'm tearing my hair out over this one. Whenever I try to install a game from CD I am presented with CRC error: XXXX does not match file in setup directory, My specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4800+
2.63 Ghz
2.00 Gb o RAM
running Windows XP home edition service pack 1
Here are some things i have ruled out:
damaged CD's, they work fine in other computers
damaged disk drive, replaced it
damaged IDE cable, replaced it
damaged RAM, replaced it
software issues, formated PC, tried on both XP and Vista.

A:CRC errors when installing games

You mention that you replaced the ram, did you ever test it? Just because it's new doesn't mean anything.

Google Memtest86, download, burn to disc and boot the computer with the disc. Let it run for a while (a while meaning a few hours), if it gives any errors, you have bad ram.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crc-errors-when-installing-games.877221/
Relevancy 43%

i have a couple of games like rise and fall, fallout3 and others that when i put in the cd the autorun pops up and when i click to install it gives me a error saying something else is installing but there isn't anything else running.... does anybody else have this problem and if so how could i solve this?

A:installing games problem

What is the exact error you are getting?

Try exiting out of the Autorun, Explore the cd, right click on the setup and run as an administrator

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/209970-installing-games-problem.html
Relevancy 43%

So I've recently made a new computer and everything seems to work fine.

The only problem is when installing games from external or atleast handling large files it seems to blue screen.
When games do not blue screen they seem to come up that files in the installation are corrupt.

I've seriously tried everything I can think of to fix this. Any help would be fantastic.

Things I have tried:
Replacing ramReinstalling windows countless timesTrying many usb portsUpdating chipset drivers etc

A:BSOD when installing games

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/22711-bsod-when-installing-games.html
Relevancy 43%

Pioneer DVDRW DVR-K I m Games Problem Installing pretty sure the drivers are updated completely The game Problem Installing Games I m trying to install is Starcraft every time I pop the disk in and click Install Starcraft quot the splash screen freezes automatically and nothing will respond The CD-ROM will run as if it s trying to install but nothing happens Although as soon as I eject the disc everything returns to normal I go into the task manager and I see the process quot INSTALL EXE quot which I end up having to end This same problem occurs for my other computer as well but instead of the splash screen even starting up everything just goes REALLY slow and choppy I ll eject the disc encounter several quot the disc is not in the drive quot errors and then a quot The application failed to initialize properly xc Click OK to terminate the application quot I just put a new HD in this computer the other day and reinstalled Windows everything is brand new including the disc I m confused and annoyed Help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 43%

hi i just installed windows 7 on my cp again and now i can't play games on it it will install but not play the game have anyone else had this problem it pops up (appcrash) da f do i do now

A:big problem installing games

Even though you just reinstalled the OS, there's a chance a start-up item which you unchecked in the past is interfering. Try a Clean Boot. Also see in compatibility mode works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/big-problem-installing-games-753777.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys a problem I had a while back has come up again and I can t quite seem to figure it out I just upgraded from GB to GB of RAM now whenever my RAM usage gets high i get the BSOD specifically during games that require a lot of RAM such as Skyrim and World of Warcraft I had this problem more Installing Games After RAM BSOD During before when i BSOD During Games After Installing more RAM had GB and memtest showed no errors but I fixed the problem by removing the GB card I had installed which I thought was the problem because it was mixed with GB cards Now that I BSOD During Games After Installing more RAM ve Installed another GB the same problem is happening The new RAM card is the exact same as the others and I ve tried it in both free slots in my motherboard I may exchange it to see if it s faulty but I don t think that s the problem System specs Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P QL EPU OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Memory MB Crucial DDR MHz Video Card GeForce GTS HD GB SATA I d appreciate any help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I am running Windows Vista (64 bit) had had to restore to factory setting. I did all the windows updates and I cannot install any of my games.

This is the message I get:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your commputer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Would anyone know what I have to do next?

Thanks so much
Sue

A:Problem with installing games

Did you have these games installed on your computer before you restored it to factory settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-installing-games.933231/
Relevancy 43%

Why, if a software package say min. system reuirements incl. windows 95/98/me, it won/t install when I have windows XP? In one case, it was Direct X 7.0 was already installed on comp, so I just selected not to install it with the software. But I have other software that won't install because of windows XP. Is there a way to get these other software to work? Thanks.

A:installing games with windows 95/98/me as min req.

Big difference between 95/98/me and win2k/xp

Try this article from microsoft about compatibiity mode for software and games

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q301911

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-games-with-windows-95-98-me-as-min-req.65512/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I have lots of problems intalling games on my computer. We've got call of duty 4 modern warfare, it reads the disc, and I get like the first page but when I clic on install it shuts itself.

For the other games like ratatouille and battlefield bad company 2... it gives me the message (sorry it is in french !) : Window ne parvient pas ? acceder au p?riph?rique , au chemin d'acc?s ou au fichier sp?cifi?. Vous ne disposez peut-?tre pas des autorisations appropri?s pour avoir acc?s ? l'?l?ment. (like I am not autorisezed to open it ?)

I have Windows Vista Familiale Premium 64 bits, I don't know how where to find the infos about the RAM, the sound card...

Thanks for helping us !

A:problem installing games

Welcome

Download this and you will get more information that you need
Speccy - System Information - Free Download

For your information, I just visited your great Country, for the first time, few monts ago. I loved the Eiffel Tower twinkling at night (on the Hour).

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/286447-problem-installing-games.html
Relevancy 43%

I recently switched internet providers. On their suggestion, I uninstalled all games with them telling me I could reinstall them later on. I have tried, but all I get is an error message that states

Create Process Failed; Code 267
Dir Name is invalid.

Any help to give?

keb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-installing-games.998440/
Relevancy 43%

When i needed to reinstall WoW, I put in the first disc, all was normal until it asked me to put in the second disc. When i did, the installer crashed and i had to reboot. I was skeptical about the problem with WoW so i reinstalled Empire at War. When it asked me to put in disc 2 i put it in and it crashed. I have no idea the exact problem but it has to do with reading a disc during installation. Please help

Relevancy 43%

Hi first off I d like to say that I m originally a mac user so my PC experience is pretty bad Secondly upon registration I copied my specs so you should be able to see that somewhere Sorry I Trouble games installing don t know exactly where it is Trouble installing games Okay So basically the problem I ve been having is that I have been trying to download LOTRO It s Free to play so not illegal don t worry and the XX gigs would download no problem but then when installing it I am being told that the files are corrupt and that I should try a new download So I ve done that like times High Res and Standard Res I even downloaded the full client directly from a related website same issue I was thinking that there might be something wrong with the game itself and that maybe that s why it was F P but I ve been having errors installing games I have hard copies of I installed LOTR Battle for middle earth the first one and it was doing the same thing quot files corrupt quot So I tried installing it in compatibility mode it was XP SP or something like it and it installed fine even though some parts of the game failed past a certain point I even downloaded the World of Warcraft client from the blizzard website I have an account and it did the same thing it downloads fine but it s the part where files are being copied that fails So I guess my question is If compatibility mode seems to be working how can I use it for downloaded files such as LOTRO and more importantly how do I get rid of this problem I ve updated the drivers on my network card and I never had problems on my mac downloading WoW for instance Thank you very much and sorry for the long message Matt nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Guys I've had my pc custom built by iBuyPower and have had bluescreens since the first month more than years ago I was able to get replacement CPU and RAM from them with no charge but nothing has solved the issue BSOD have come more frequently and are almost a guarantee when BSOD Videos Installing / Games during / installing a new game from steam or even sometimes when updating drivers I just had one while DotA was patching in steam Running youtube occasionally BSOD during Installing / Games / Videos causes BSOD during Installing / Games / Videos windows to lock up and requires a restart I did a clean install about a month ago BSOD during Installing / Games / Videos and am at my wits end as it feels almost worse with frequent lock-ups no bsod or random BSOD I have seen many different BSOD such as KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA APC INDEX MISMATCH BAD POOL HEADER Those are just the ones since the most recent windows clean install I ran memtest on my most recent memory upgrade about a year ago without any issues I'm not opposed to trying again but I've tried different RAM setups with entirely different sticks each time Please help -rox

A:BSOD during Installing / Games / Videos

Any suggested tests I can run to try and diagnose the issue here? Happy to provide more data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/345812-bsod-during-installing-games-videos.html
Relevancy 42.14%

when I am installing games most of the time my computer just blue screens, I've looked online but I can't find the problem any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Computer Shuts Down When Installing Games

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) to the desktop.

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about your computer will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

-------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-down-when-installing-games.1157600/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
some time I have messed up my Silent Storm game with some mods. I uninstalled it properally and was about to install it again the process broke. I got a table sayng something about data failure. I didn't mind it much than. But recently, when I about to install Oblivion I got a similar error. It seems that only some games have this error while installing them. Could anyone help me out?

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=77003935qa9.jpg
This is a screen of the error.

Btw, before this the games ran perfect on my comp. Well, almost perfect

A:A problem installing seweral games

Make sure the CD's aren't scratched. If you think they're fine, try installing it on a different computer, if it works, you may need to get a new CD drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-problem-installing-seweral-games.670657/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey I'm new here and have an anoying problem I've bought a brand new computer which I've puted together by myself Windows bit So when I'm trying to install any games legal I get this error -gta san andreas -gta iv -battle for middle earth -Titan quest -I didnt tryed more because its on Installing games 7 windows problem useless quot CRC error The file C Programe files x Rockstar games GTA San andreas audio SFX SPC NA doesn't match the file in the setup's cab file The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted contact your software vendor quot With some other games I get another error something like the files are Installing games on windows 7 problem damaged or can't be found I've tryed it with a cd and with mounting both the same problem I've installed photoshop with no problem didn't try anymore programs Sometimes I get the blue screen of death too I've tryed a lot of things and searched on the internet for some hours but didn't found anything helpfull Things I've tryed reinstall windows installed a new version of windows cleaned the cd's and cdrom tryed to install with processor instead of updated everthing closed firewall anti virus etc Just everything I've readed on the internet I don't have any virus My computer Gigabyte GA-P A-UD iP SATA RAID USB Gigabyte Videocard PCI-e GeForce GTX OC GB DDR xDVI HDMI Intel Core i GHz GT s MB Box Kingston x GB DDR PC CL x Lite-On DVD- RAM IHAS - x x x SATA Western Digital GB SATA MB WD AARS x I hope this is the right place to ask this If you need to know anything more just ask

A:Installing games on windows 7 problem

Hi please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html and attach the files to your next post for a analyst to look over

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-games-on-windows-7-problem-522854.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I posted this in the wrong section I think so I'll try here Not sure I even know exactly how to ask this but I'll do my best I've partition seperate installing in games installed Vista Ultimate new volume c on an additional hard drive I installing games in seperate partition want to install games on a seperate partition on this hd I was unable to install the first game I tried Eq I got the error that I need to select a valid directory I posted on the eq forums and was told that I needed a fully qualifed directory The partition is new volume e I just had to type e games eq That worked fine and the game installed I have some other games to install and I am wondering if there is some generic command I need to type in for other games I had installed Hellgate London in e without error messages but I noticed later that it didn't show up in my list of programs or in the remove programs through the control panel I had completely reinstalled Vista on the first partition new volume c after hellgate was installed so maybe that caused it not to show up After I reinstalled Vista I formatted e and started over so I just have eq on e now Hope I made at least a little sense being the amateur I am Thanks

A:installing games in seperate partition

hello and welcome,

Vista likes to install games in the Games group on the start menu - a little known fact unfortunately.

You cannot really install a game on another partition because part of the install resides in the registry - which is always on the boot drive.

So when you re-installed Vista you lost the game because the old registry was erased.

Also a second partition is not suitable as a backup. I have found that when the first partition gets trashed, frequently the other partitions fail too.

So if I were you, I would delete the second partition and enlarge the size of c: to the whole disk (vista can do this in Manage). Installation then becomes simple again.

good luck and merry xmas

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/114539-installing-games-seperate-partition.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

I've tried to install a couple of games (Call of Duty 2 & The Movies) onto my laptop and am recieving these messages...

I'm really stuck for ideas -
I've already unistalled Office 2007, Windows Defender and the .dll file is already in the system32 folder.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-msvcr80-dll-installing-games.781573/
Relevancy 42.14%

A couple of days ago I was playing games on my computer everything running smoothly stopped to do after Games Windows lagging 8.1 installing homework and decided to install the update while I wasn't on I come back after restarting after the update and my games lag Two examples would be League of Legends and Games lagging after installing Windows 8.1 Assassins Creed with ridiculously low FPS HP Pavilion laptop Microsoft OS -ask for any other specs So far what I've done -Re-installed drivers which had the error message The one on my Radeon went away but the Intel one comes and goes every time I re-install it only to come back after reboot either way there is still Games lagging after installing Windows 8.1 lag Edit Neither get the error message now -I am currently running a McAfee scan so if malware etc is the case I will edit but I doubt it Edit McAfee came up with no results Currently running defrag using RegCross Edit Did recommended repairs Nothing Fixed Edit Right now I'm thinking that maybe it's my games that got scrambled in the update re-installing Assassins Creed Edit Re-installed with no results I also saw posts about mouse lag and a patch for that was put out-I downloaded that as well to no effect My computer is still on warranty so I could send it in perhaps but I don't know what they do if it would help Some have suggested to downgrade to but I don't have disks as it was already installed on my laptop Would rather not pay to fix this issue if possible Thanks Word

A:Games lagging after installing Windows 8.1

What is the model# of your HP?  Also to let you know, there are just some computers that are just not any good for playing games.  Post your Speccy results.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515081/games-lagging-after-installing-windows-81/
Relevancy 42.14%

HEY ALL

I downloaded a game ( x men: offical movie game) and it comes in like 50 splitted files, like CD1/rld-xm3a.r01 and it goes on to like r20 and goes 2 cd 2 and on.

so i was wondering how would u install it???

A:Installing those split filed games

I'm going to assume that this isn't a legal download, closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-those-split-filed-games.483259/
Relevancy 42.14%

hy,
have some problems with blue screen when i want to instal some game like WorldOfTanks (for this i found solution ) but for War Thunder still blue screen when he start to download the instalation package.
I attach DxDiag.
Sorry for my english.
Thanks.

A:BSOD when wanna installing some games

Hello caram3180 and welcome to the seven forum. Please follow these instructions and a BSOD expert will look at your problem.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363772-bsod-when-wanna-installing-some-games.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to install an older game on Windows XP SP3 (32bit) using Virtual PC. The game has been installed without any error and running its panel. Now whenever I hit the 'start game' button it says"

"No 3D hardware installed in your system."

I loaded my laptop drivers into virtual environment but they are unable to be installed.
Now please tell me what can I do to run it?

Note: I've Windows 7 64bit and the game has compatibility issues with 64bit system.

A:Installing older games on Windows 7 x64.

I'm guessing the virtual PC's graphics drivers are basic crap like S3 Trio, which is why the game won't work. Tell us what game you're trying to install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237408-installing-older-games-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Last night I installed two programs one called honor buddy which is a WoW bot and the other tortoise When I later started WoW MMO Game I got extreme FPS drops I usually have - fps depending where I am but now I can barely turn the camera without getting freeze lag massive fps drop for some seconds installing virus. after lag programs, 2 no Games then it goes back to normal fps for a few seconds and then it starts to freeze Games lag after installing 2 programs, no virus. again And as I said I normally have around fps in this area So something happened when I installed these two programs I do not think I've got a virus because I have Games lag after installing 2 programs, no virus. not heard anything negative about the programs I ran a scan for viruses Games lag after installing 2 programs, no virus. and similiar with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and didnt find anything harmful I have removed both programs now but still have the same lag have also tried to do a system restore to a day earlier but nothing helps So what can be wrong can it be fixed without reinstalling windows

A:Games lag after installing 2 programs, no virus.

Try degraging your HDD, Perform a Disk Scan, and Clean disk.

Also update your graphics drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/games-lag-after-installing-2-programs-no-virus-627746.html
Relevancy 42.14%

yahoo games

I'm having troubling trying to install yahoo games. I use to be able to play with no trouble but now I can't play at all. Why is that? My software I'm using is XP. It look like I might have to install games.yahoo all over again but how can I do that? I keep trying different things but nothing is working so far. Can you help?

A:Trouble installing Yahoo games

I don`t know anything about yahoo games,in particular,but usually there are three possible places you can uninstall from.1)An option in the Yahoo start menu entry. 2)Add/Remove programs in the control panel. 3)The uninstaller in(probably) C:\Program files\Yahoo games\uninstall.exe or something like that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-yahoo-games.43507/
Relevancy 42.14%

Old games like Unreal, Quake, MechWarrior can be installed and played using Windows 98, but will not work with XP and newer operating systems. Is there any way to get around this?
Thanks

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Im using Windows now for a while I was reading on another forums reports by multiple users about abnormal usage of RAM usage while installing games or programs and it causes stalling while CPU usage is near I also asked these question on another forum and didnt get anwser I was wondering why because I didnt notice that behaviour on my computer never of Usage installing programs/games RAM while before But yesterday when I was installing a Usage of RAM while installing programs/games game I noticed just that The installation proces was very slow RAM usage was CPU at zero So I suspect a update of a kind or something similar is cousing this problem Can you help me findig and solving this problem My system Windows RTM other users that reported teh problem are using different build and have same problems Q GB RAM DDR II RAID x SSD GB NOD v Thank you ps Pardon my writing in English becouse I m from Slovenia Europe and I don t use dictionary

A:Usage of RAM while installing programs/games

What game? Sounds all very strange and suspicious. Running 32 bit or 64 bit?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/28938-usage-ram-while-installing-programs-games.html
Relevancy 42.14%

KDPC-ma_26-01-2015_173142,40.zip

problem: BSOD: irql not less or equal (sometimes other errors)

when:
- When i try to download/install games it happens most frequently. last game i tried to download (guildwars 2 = 20GB) i had 5-6 crashes. i have the same problem with other games.
- also happens at the most random times when browsing sites/watching a live stream or just idle.

things i tried:
- memtest86 for 8 passes (no errors)
- removed everything from SSD, Re-installed windows 8.1 and did all updates
- updated most drivers note: I didnt get the lastest videocard driver because it made me crash even more
- did virus/malware/spyware scans
- Disabled AMD CCC and overdrive

any help would be appreciated

Kevin

A:BSOD when downloading/installing games

DVD drive disabled and some drivers are not installed. I can't say which ones because I don't read that language:

Code:
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB SCSI\CDROM&VEN_TSSTCORP&PROD_CDDVDW_SH-224DB\4&AF293AA&0&000000 This device is disabled.
Niet beschikbaar ROOT\*ATITOOLDEVICE\0000 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Test your RAM one stick at the time for eight passes: RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems.

Please uninstall all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then, download and install a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure
Update Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters.

Code:
dump_storahci.sys Thu Aug 22 13:40:39 2013 (5215F8B7)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_storahci.sys

AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 12:06:52 2014 (52FA044C)
AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard [br] Known BSOD issues in Win7[br][br]Part of AMD Fuel[br][br]Location: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AODDriver2.sys

AMDACPKSL.SYS Sun Jun 22 04:31:43 2014 (53A6400F)
included in the AMD/ATI Catalyst WDM drivers package
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AMDACPKSL.SYS

AtihdWB6.sys Sun Jun 22 04:32:00 2014 (53A64020)
AMD High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdWB6.sys

Rt630x64.sys Tue Aug 26 08:24:06 2014 (53FC2806)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

atikmpag.sys Mon Sep 15 23:59:06 2014 (5417612A)
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys

atikmdag.sys Tue Sep 16 00:21:08 2014 (54176654)
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys

Debug session time: Fri Jan 23 23:25:49.308 2015 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\012315-8484-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17476.amd64fre.winblue_r5.141029-1500
System Uptime: 0 days 7:04:55.033
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt630x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt630x64.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc000001d, fffff800d14b4371, ffffd001b57c8b78, ffffd001b57c8380}
BugCheck Info: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc000001d, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff800d14b4371, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: ffffd001b57c8b78, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: ffffd001b57c8380, Parameter 1 of the exception
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c000001d
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
BiosVersion = P1.80
BiosReleaseDate = 10/24/2014
SystemManufacturer = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
SystemProductName = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Jan 23 15:47:26.342 2015 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\012315-8015-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17476.amd64fre.winblue_r5.141029-1500
System Uptime: 0 days 1:03:43.065
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeletePteRun+1b4 )
BugCheck A, {fffffa818307b6d0, 2, 1, fffff801ed6e70b4}
BugCheck Inf... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60680-bsod-when-downloading-installing-games.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I Vista Ultimate on x64 Games Installing was just wondering If I have a x based PC running Windows Vista Ultimate bit version should I install all my games in the Program Files folder or in the Program Files x folder I know that the x program files folder Installing Games on Vista Ultimate x64 is meant for bit applications does it make a difference when you install games in the x program files folder rather than the x folder Would uninstalling and then reinstalling the games onto the x program files folder increase the performance of the game at all or does it make a difference at all since my PC Installing Games on Vista Ultimate x64 is running Vista Ultimate bit anyway My PC Specifications x based system OS Windows Vista Ultimate bit Processor Intel Core Quad Q Quad-Core GHz Fan Cooler Master Hyper TX X Motherboard ASUS P N-T Deluxe NVIDIA i Memory Corsair XMS Dominator GB x GB DDR MHz Storage Seagate TB x GB SATA MB cache Graphics x NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB SLI Audio Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Optical Pioneer x DVD-writer SATA Chassis Cooler Master Cosmos Power Supply PC Power amp Cooling Silencer W Quad Keyboard Razer Lycosa Mouse Ikari Steelseries

A:Installing Games on Vista Ultimate x64

Most games are 32bit except for crysis which is both.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/189027-installing-games-vista-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have tried to load 2 different games into my system, and get the same install probs with each...my system:

Win 98se
Athlon 1.4
32 MB Nvidia
394 Ram
DirectX 9.0

When the installer si running, I get a message that says:

CRC error. .........does not match the file in the setup .CAB file.

I can retry or skip, and most of the time I have the skip the file.

With Tiger Woods 2004, if I skip too many files, I get a load error, and the installer shuts down...

Any help pointing me in the right directions would be nice.

Thanks in advance

Parm

Relevancy 42.14%

So i get a BSOD consistently while downloading Aion, or any other NCsoft games using their launcher, and i even got a BSOD downlaoding a few other smaller games. JUST downloaded latest drivers, and i have dmp files to show, but how do i get a dmp file in the attatchments?

A:BSOD While installing NCLauncher games

There we go

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-while-installing-nclauncher-games.1077247/
Relevancy 42.14%

Have tried, with no luck, to install Hoyle 2005 card games from CDs. I have 2 CDs - disc 1 and disc 2. When I insert the first disc nothing happens. What do I need to do for installation? I need step-by-step instructions. Can anyone help? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-hoyle-card-games-from-cds.428387/
Relevancy 42.14%

This may be a no brainer,but i have purchased two different games from Walmart and Best Buy, both times when i go to install them, the first disc works correctly but stops when i install second disc. I know that i have met or exceeded all requirements to run the game on my laptop. What is this problem?

A:Problems installing games from disc?

no need to double post.

Well, to tell you the truth, laptops are not really gaming machines due to the lack of a powerful video card.

What laptop do you have and what games are you having issues with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-installing-games-from-disc.583412/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've tried to install the game "Sorry", and some Hoyle games on my new Windows 7, and they won't install. Is there anyway to get these old games to work on Windows 7? My new computer is 64 bit, so tht seems to be a problem too. Can anyone help me?

A:Problems installing old games on Windows 7

What error do you get when trying to download the games?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-installing-old-games-on-windows-7-a-629289.html
Relevancy 41.71%

i have a pc for my kids for their games. i would like to copy the games to the hard drive and install and run from there. this way they can play without using the cd and risk damage from too much handling. i have been trying to do this by copy and paste but only a very few of their games will run this way. they will install but not run. most still ask for the cd thus defeating the purpose. am i doing something wrong? is there some other way? i'm running win xp pro with 256 mb memory.

thanks

dave

Relevancy 41.71%

Since installing Windows 7, about a couple of months ago, i've continuously gotten BSOD 5 minutes or so into a game i play. All of these games worked fine while i was on Vista, but suddenly I get these BSODs while playing the games on Windows 7. I did not change any hardware or do anything to my computer during the conversion from Vista to Win7(Did a clean install). So far, I have tried doing a complete uninstall of Nvidia drivers via driver cleaner pro and installing the newest driver but this did not work. Any help? I am using a 9600 GSO Geforce XFX.

The BSOD stop code is:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0x86803008, 0x92720a30, 0x00000000, 0x00000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 030410-22468-01.

A:nvlddmkm.sys BSOD during games after installing Win7

I anxiously await the discussion of this problem. From what I've seen from googling nvlddmkm.sys, this has been an ongoing problem since '07.

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvlddmkm-sys-bsod-during-games-after-installing-win7.908183/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have been experiencing BSODs and freezing since building this system. Seems to occur either when installing/downloading/playing a game and less frequently when web browsing.
I swapped out graphics card but that didn't seem to make a difference. Have run memtest overnight before with about 6 passes. Have run Furmark burn-in test with no issues.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A:BSOD mainly playing or installing games or web browsing

Anyone able to help please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353250-bsod-mainly-playing-installing-games-web-browsing.html
Relevancy 41.71%

OK so when trying to install the sims 3 and gta 4 from DVD I get a crc error appear and have absolutely no idea how to fix it, I have tried making iso's of them and installing from that but same problem also I have tried installing from another copy but still same problem. i can install games from steam and they work fine, can any one help e understand why this is happening

A:crc error when installing games from disk not from steam

Bad ide/sata cables maybe? Ram faulty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/183996-crc-error-when-installing-games-disk-not-steam.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I've been having quite a few blue screens lately after installing and playing a few games I bought off the Summer Sale not too long ago and they seem to be jumping all over the place as to what the issue really is It was mainly when I would play the game quot Saint's Row the Third quot which would result in a random BSOD between a few minutes to an hour or so of play if the game itself didn't crash first for some reason but I after lately games Steam off installing BSODs Multiple just recently installed TF for the first time on this new machine of mine and I've gotten several BSOD a day now as a result Like Now I get about crashes a day and almost always guaranteed a crash whenever I try to run that game compared to before where it was isolated to SR or the occasional one here or there I partly fixed it I think this morning as I got a message about a sys file related to Avast Anti-Virus trying to access memory after it was Multiple BSODs lately after installing games off Steam freed in a BSOD message earlier on and it improved my stability quite a bit after I uninstalled the whole progam but I've had a few more crashes since I wiped that out earlier today I'm at the point now where I just accept that I need help as these issues have been messing with my PC for a few months now I've included the zip with the various files from the diagnostic tool and I'd greatly appreciate any help on fixing this

A:Multiple BSODs lately after installing games off Steam

1, Replace Avast with Microsoft Security Essentials
2, Install SP1
3, Update the following drivers:

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
fffff880`04347000 fffff880`043aad80 nvm62x64 Fri Oct 17 23:01:06 2008 (48F8FD12)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247978-multiple-bsods-lately-after-installing-games-off-steam.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Everytime I go to install any game made by Microsoft whether it's Age of Empires or Halo or any other Microsoft game I get some kind of weird error Many times especially older games ie Age of Problems Severe Installing Microsoft Games Empires or Crimson Severe Problems Installing Microsoft Games Skies I get the quot Microsoft Games AutoRun Setup has encountered a problem and needs to close quot When I go to details about the error report they want me to send I get this Error signature AppName ebu exe AppVer ModName ebu exe ModVer Offset e With my latest failure Microsoft Flight Simulator when I popped in the first disc a Halo setup screen came up The one common link I've found in all these errors is that all files causing faults can be found in the c windows Prefetch folder when I search my computer Via start menu When the Halo setup supposed to be FS setup came up in processes it called it EBU exe and after searching my computer with start search the only place it found it was in the prefetch folder My friend told me to delete all the files in this folder but that hasn't solved my problem If anyone has any suggestions or needs more information about my problem I would appreciate it Oh and this has been a problem since I bought my computer Not something new but I just decided maybe someone here would know Windows XP SP GHz P HT Hyper Threading Maybe a Problem GB Ram originally MB problems either way

A:Severe Problems Installing Microsoft Games

Hi blazer003

Have you looked at the forums for the specific Games that you've had installation errors with? Games both old and new tend to have patches put out that mend a few bugs. Installing older programs on XP is best done by right-clicking on the setup executable and selecting the Compatibility Mode for the version of Windows the game was first designed for.

For more info = check in Event Viewer to try for more clues. Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer. You should have an entry for the exact time you tried your install.

[The Event Viewer error message is likely to help more than the cryptic system info sent to Microsoft by the Send Error utility - which tends to include lots of info about everything running on your system at the time of the problem - and can sometimes have too much information for simple troubleshooting].

The most likely quick-fix to work is using Compatibility Mode from the very start - during the installation of the game, and then double-checking the game's shortcut properties, to make sure that the target executable is also set to the same Compatibility mode.

The second-most likely fix is to use any patch available from the games vendor.

The third is to buy a more recent version of the game :)

See if that gets you round the error
. . . Gary

. . . late edit P.S. = Microsoft has a list of interesting strategies to get it's older games installed OK in Windows XP ... some of the surprising tidbits - creating a new User, installing from Safe Mode, using clean boots, etc.... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2584...560&sid=global Some installation errors can be traced to remnants leftover from previous failed installation attempts, too. Sometimes a Registry Cleaner can help - CCleaner has a pretty good reputation for cleaning up http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...ml?tag=lst-0-1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/severe-problems-installing-microsoft-games-114910.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys I've been having trouble installing some programs and games onto my windows home premium edition Upon trying to install the game internal getting and games, installing programs error. quot Just Cause quot i put the disk in my CD drive and it pops up asking me what do i want to do and it says run autorun exe and installing programs and games, getting internal error. it starts but once it installing programs and games, getting internal error. starts the setup to the game i get an internal error which reads as follows quot Internal Error Failed to get path to -bit Common Files Directory quot Now i checked my Program files x common files is there I checked regular program files there was no common files directory installing programs and games, getting internal error. there so i created a folder and went ahead and named it quot Common Files quot for the heck of it alas the same error still happens i've done some research on it and got to somewhere where Microsoft said to check my UAC-filevertulization in my registry and checked the event I D its quot quot if that helps anyways any thoughts or am i screwed lol

A:installing programs and games, getting internal error.

Hi man.
First of all, you need to update ALL your system spec - OS is not too much... - on your profile. Put it here too.
If you don't know how to identify it, download and install Piriform Speccy:

http://download.piriform.com/spsetup101.exe

Let us know the results!!!
"PLEASE REP ANYONE WHO HELPS YOU"

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/74983-installing-programs-games-getting-internal-error.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys I've been having trouble installing some programs and games onto my Windows 7 Ultimate 64
edition, Upon trying to install the game "saints row IV" i put the disk in my CD drive and it pops up asking me what do i want to do? and it says run autorun.exe and it starts, but once it starts the setup to the game, i get an internal error, which reads as follows. "Internal Error: Failed to get path to 64-bit Common Files Directory."
In the following you a picture of mis and other files from regedit
Knowing that I've experienced the game GTA IV
And several games, but the problem exists

A:installing programs and games, getting internal error

Alty check this out Internal error: Failed to get path of 64 bit common files - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/307648-installing-programs-games-getting-internal-error.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Just got this computer from newegg.ca on feb 16th.

cyberpowerpc 2101
amd 970a-d3 mobo with FX 8150 3.6ghz
4 x 4gig ddr3 1333
amd radeon hd 6950 2gig
Im running the OEM of Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit that came installed with it.

While installing games like Firefall or LOCO Evolution the installer keeps freezing and I get a BSOD a few seconds later saying a clock interrupt wasn't received on a secondary processor.

A:getting BSOD while installing games like LOCO 0x00000101

Hello Lanthos, welcome to SevenForums!

IF OVERCLOCKING, STOP AND RESET ALL CLOCKS BACK TO STOCK.

I've taken a look at your dumps. Tons of different errors, but there are a few dumps that consistently show the 0x116 GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT bugcheck, and some atikmpag.sys faults (ATI/AMD driver related). This is a pesky bugcheck that is usually related to a failing graphics card, dust (probably not in your case since it's a new computer) or a graphics driver software issue. However, in some rare cases it can also be brought upon by other hardware, such as memory.

Before we continue to that though, I have taken a look at your drivers list and noticed you have the Gigabyte EasyTune6 installed. This is well known as far as creating issues in the Windows 7 environment goes. I'd recommend removing this first before continuing and see if that actually helps you.

Few tips and advice (thanks to usasma for the thread!)

Quote:
The following software issues are examples that can cause a TDR event:
-Incompatible drivers of any sort (either GPU, sound, etc) ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...s/default.aspx )
-Messy registry (I doubt this and don't approve of registry cleaners)
-Known vista issues resounding around multiple displays, aero, dreamscape, and various display drivers. (none known for this OS)
-Known vista issues that sometimes cause corrupt information to be sent to the video card from system memory (will be addressed completely in SP2, has had various fixes applied since vista's release) (none known for this OS)
-Bad direct x files (uninstall, then reinstall DirectX)
-bad system files (System File Checker - was run above)
-Bad driver (some drivers will cause an event due to internal bugs, however these are not nearly as common as many think due to all of the previous things causing the same symptom) - (remove all 3rd party programs and check to be sure drivers aren't loading. Then install only the necessary 3rd party stuff, and ensure it's the latest version and that it's compatible with Windows 7)

Quote:
Quote:
If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating. Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU. Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference. If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling." - H2SO4

Try this free video card stress testing program.

Quote:
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215683-getting-bsod-while-installing-games-like-loco-0x00000101.html
Relevancy 41.71%

here is all the information I have on this code. This is a brand new build. I have ran into the problem when installing FF14, and now WOW. Please help.

Info

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000068
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF88005337E60
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\091411-18985-01.dmp
C:\Users\Lich\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-37877-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:BSOD installing most games, error BCCode: d1

Can you take the file created at C:\Windows\Minidump\091411-18985-01.dmp
zip, and attach it to your next post please?

It's a memory dump, I can run it through windows debugger to look for a cause.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186748-bsod-installing-most-games-error-bccode-d1.html
Relevancy 41.71%

This problem has been solved Quote This is my first post on the forums so hello everyone I hope you can help me find the problem that's causing my system to hang hangs Windows when games 7 Ultimate 64-bit installing to the point where even the cursor stops responding and I have to do a hard reboot No BSOD whatsoever just a complete halting of everything The hang up does not present itself with every game Just to name two of them Armed Assault and EVE Online I have had this problem on Vista and now with Windows I do manage to install Armed Assault but when applying a patch to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit hangs when installing games it the system hangs My somewhat thorough troubleshooting has made me come to the conclusion that this hang up is caused by large files or large compressed files I actually had a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit hangs when installing games hang up today when I was trying to extract a gig zip file Since EVE Online is a single file download that's the one I was trying to extract after unsuccesfull install attempt and the Armed Assault patches are huge single files this might be the problem I need to know what's Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit hangs when installing games causing the hang up on large files so I can continue playing EVE Online Where should I start looking for the problem What info should I provide to you Thank you in advance

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit hangs when installing games

Quote: Originally Posted by XpressO

This is my first post on the forums so hello everyone!

I hope you can help me find the problem that's causing my system to hang to the point where even the cursor stops responding and I have to do a hard reboot. No BSOD whatsoever, just a complete halting of everything.

The hang up does not present itself with every game. Just to name two of them: Armed Assault and EVE Online. I have had this problem on Vista and now with Windows 7. I do manage to install Armed Assault but when applying a patch to it the system hangs.

My somewhat thorough troubleshooting has made me come to the conclusion that this hang up is caused by large files or large compressed files. I actually had a hang up today when I was trying to extract a 2,5 gig zip file. Since EVE Online is a single file download (that's the one I was trying to extract after unsuccesfull install attempt) and the Armed Assault patches are huge single files this might be the problem. I need to know what's causing the hang up on large files so I can continue playing EVE Online.

Where should I start looking for the problem? What info should I provide to you?

Thank you in advance!

Hi and welcome

We need a bunch of info. we can start off by helping you generate a DMP file from you hung process. use these to genereate and upload it. http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...g-process.html

If you have no other choice but to force boot, you might waant to see if the hangs happen in safe mode (F8)

Eventually we are going to need you to go into event viewer and see what is logged there,
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/58475-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-hangs-when-installing-games.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Since installing Windows 7, about a couple of months ago, i've continuously gotten BSOD 5 minutes or so into a game i play. All of these games worked fine while i was on Vista, but suddenly I get these BSODs while playing the games on Windows 7. I did not change any hardware or do anything to my computer during the conversion from Vista to Win7 (Did a clean install). So far, I have tried doing a complete uninstall of Nvidia drivers via driver cleaner pro and installing the newest driver but this did not work. Any help? I am using a 9600 GSO Geforce XFX.

The BSOD stop code is:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0x86803008, 0x92720a30, 0x00000000, 0x00000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 030410-22468-01.

Attached is 5 minidump files associated with the BSODs.

A:nvlddmkm.sys BSOD during games after installing Win7

5 memory dumps, all of which are STOP 0x116
4 blame nvlddmkm.sys (a component of your nVidia display drivers), 1 blames an unknown module

Please follow the suggestions in this topic: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...eshooting.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/68984-nvlddmkm-sys-bsod-during-games-after-installing-win7.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok when I try to install summoner or Anarchy the setup program appears a light faded blue as opposed to the normal looking setup box Now with summoner I can only play the game after the intial setup when it gives me the options from the setup screen After that everytime I try it an error message Installing Anarchy) games (summoner (Solved) & some comes up telling me that one or more files are missing or corrupted It suggests looking at the file to determine the problem When I do I can t fiqure out anything wrong with it Also when I get tired of trying to play it again last time about hrs curseing my computer and thinking about throwing it out the window I try to uninstall the program but guess what I get anyother error message saying that I can t remove it I think that the light faded blue setup might mean that the (Solved) Installing some games (summoner & Anarchy) game reqs are not within tolerance of my computer but why can i play it from the setup screen I even (Solved) Installing some games (summoner & Anarchy) took the game back and got another and the same thing happened Now for Anarchy online I installed it and the same light blue faded setup icon appeared Now after installing it I can doneload the patch just fine but when I actually try to finnaly play the game aka log on the server a error message about multimedia error comes up and cancels the whole thing When i tried to remove the game and error message comes up and tells me i cannot remove the extras of the program this is the first thing I come to when the unistall starts and i don t know if I can remove anything else Ohh yeah the uninstall wizard for these games is weird too instead of the ussual unistall wizard I get this strange one that gives me the options of installing repairing or unistalling Only on these games has this happened I m rather ticked about this I had to do quick restores to get the games off my computer just to try to install them again w o mcafea in effect Just to see if that was the problem Let me know if you have the answer to my prays When repling I m not a computer wiz so could you plz put it in english LOL Simnple explicite instructions will do great for my problem Thx nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello everyone I have a custom built PC that no longer then a week old It night installing BSOD Randomly AND certain games. while at Sometimes BSOD randomly at night and sometimes while i am installing certain games I know how to build BSOD Randomly at night AND Sometimes while installing certain games. Computers and do a good bit of work with them but this so far has stumped me Spec Info OS BSOD Randomly at night AND Sometimes while installing certain games. -Windows home premium bit CPU -I k Motherboard- Asrock Z extreme Memory- GB dual channel Patriot memory Graphics Card s - SLI GTX Black edition Sound Card- None On Board Monitor s Displays- inch HP w Hard Drives- SSD boot drive GB agility Secondary GB SATA HDD PSU- WATT XION gaming series Case- Thermaltake Cooler case Cooling- CPU water cooled Waterpro and everything else Air cooled BSOD Info Problem signature BSOD Randomly at night AND Sometimes while installing certain games. Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA C BCP BB BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Master AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Any information would greatly be appreciated also my graphic cards are know to have certain problems they have been know to crash computers Do you think this is the case here people say they are set for to high voltage so taking them down a little normally fixes the graphic card problem Should I give it a try or do you think it something else

A:BSOD Randomly at night AND Sometimes while installing certain games.

Without the crash reports, it is difficult to say what the likely problem is: Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the crash reports.
BugCheck 0x124
You have a 0x124 hardware bugcheck. If the system is still under warranty, I would recommend sending it in to have diagnostic tests done and any bad hardware replaced.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Onc... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235360-bsod-randomly-night-sometimes-while-installing-certain-games.html
Relevancy 41.71%

After installing a second hand monitor on my computer every time i enter a game after a minute or two the games freeze and the computer doesnt respond to anything (requiring a restart).
I have tried the following:
Reinstalling the video drivers
reinstalling the games
Reinstalling windows xp

the games i have tried are:
Sins of a solar empire
Galactic Civilizations 2
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament
Unreal
The sims 2

I have the following system:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E2200 running at 2.2 Ghz
RAM: 2GB of DDR 2 667 MHz
2 HDD's one 80 GB and one 40 GB
a Ati radeon 256 MB 9600XT
a ASUS P5VDC-MX motherboard
a Viewmaster CB6525DL (kinda old)
a ASUS CD-RW drive
a Lite-on DVD-RW

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello, I recently posted on here about some problems I was having with a clean install of win7. I am still having problems although fewer at this point. I keep getting BSODs when I am trying to play games or I am trying to install programs on my machine. I have attached the DMP files. On top of that my system just seems to be very unstable. All web browsers crash frequently, and microsoft security essentials stops at least once an hour. on top of that, while playing games my video drivers seem to stop working and recover frequently. saddly I can't actually use the most up to date video drivers because those cause a bsod even when just installing. I am running a HD6850. I just want this computer to be usable. please help.

A:Numerous BSODs while playing games and installing

Last night I had another two BSODs. I have attached the files. I also just updated my graphics drivers to the new 11.10 version, so hopefully that will help. any confirmation or telling me what is actually wrong would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194793-numerous-bsods-while-playing-games-installing.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys,

Whenever i try to install games on a fresh installed steam i get a BSOD. Had no problems untill yesterday when it happend for the first time.

Processor: Intel Core i7-2600k CPU @ 3.40GHz
Installed memory: 8.00GB DDRIII
System type: 64 bit operating system Windows 7 Ultimate service pack 1
VGA: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 580
HDD: 120GB SSD

Hopefully the problem will show in this dump file

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

The memory usage of games is more than it shows in the process list. This results in poor performance when playing. I'm a passionate gamer so this is a really big problem for me.
I tried to install my Windows on a fresh partition but the problem still persisted.
The other moment when this problem occurs is when I try to install a game directly (without a third party launcher like steam or battle.net). The installation process shows normal usage, but the memory gets up to 90% within a minute. This problem isn't very important because after the installation is finished I restart the laptop and its ok.
Hope you can help me with troubleshooting.

Process:

Memory:

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390807-memory-leak-when-installing-playing-games.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently had to reformat my hard drive due to viruses. Now when I try to install all the old games that ran before the re-format, I either get error messages (Warcraft 111 Reign of Chaos) or they don't respond at all (Lord of the Rings Battle of Middle-Earth). I haven't tried to install anything else beyond this because I think it will be more of the same. I cleaned the hard drive off completely and am re-installing everyhthing from scratch. I only seem to be experiencing problem with games. HELP!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-wont-run-after-re-installing-after-a-hard-drive-reformat.800964/
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok I use windows XP and I have the java virtual machine already installed on my pc thru microsoft but to play games on the big fish atlantis gaming site I need to use the sun Java instead. On site they listed a link to use and I did only to have J2SE update 5.0 installed but still couldnt get on the games. Their tech people really didnt answer my questions so I'm just wondering if anyone else plays there that might have had this problem or same problem from any gaming community. I also went to internet opts-advanced tab only to not find anything saying sun java either. Would appreciate any tips!!
Lost and confused

A:Big fish atlantis games & probs installing sun java

Check in your browser that you actually have SunJava ticked to use it instead of Microsoft's java. It would be listed under the advanced tab in IE if that is what you're using. Go to Tools in the menu bar, scroll down to Internet Options. When that opens click on the Advanced tab. Scroll down until you see the heading for Microsoft VM, your Sun Java should be listed there also, if it installed correctly. Just put a check mark in the box beside it. Click the Apply button and ok out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/big-fish-atlantis-games-probs-installing-sun-java.463833/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm having problems while installing a game called ArcheAge, it also occurs randomly while playing Dota 2 specifically for some reason. I can't read what BSOD it is because it just blinks really fast.
My computer is a bit over a year old but I don't see what could be the problem, help would be greatly appreciated.

I installed the DM log collector but there is multiple files and I don't know which one I should attach, so please correct me if I'm wrong. First time posting.

A:Getting random BSOD while installing ArcheAge or playing games

Welcome to Seven Forums, captllama. Unfortunately, there were no dump files in your file you uploaded, please make sure your computer is configured for Small Memory dumps
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Also, the game you are trying to install, you are not alone. We have had several people with the same problems. I may suggest you go to their forums and see if you can get any info from there. If you do, please come tell us, as we would like to know too.

In the meantime, you may want to 0pen a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

When you have another BSOD, please run the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions again. Use option #2 and press the Grab All button. Then post it here in a new post and I'll be notified. We debug with the Dump files and without anything much to go on it will be difficult.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346398-getting-random-bsod-while-installing-archeage-playing-games.html
Relevancy 41.28%

This is a new build, CX430M Corsair PSU, already ran memorytest86, 10 passes and no problems, pass all tests on FurMark, Prime95 and Intel Burn Test, without overheating, no overclock, and has dual boot with Ubuntu 14.04 that runs smoothly for days straight, so I'm trying to rule out HW problems.

The mem dumps are attached.
Hope you guys can help me sort this out!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386698-bsod-apparently-when-installing-steam-games-pfn_list_corrupt-4e.html