Windows Support Forum

Frozen touchpad and keyboard on HP Pavillion dv6 3225dx Notebook

Q: Frozen touchpad and keyboard on HP Pavillion dv6 3225dx Notebook

Extremely frustrated I've looked and tried to find a solution to no avail When the notebook boots up it gets to the login screen I wouldn't be able to do anything at that point but I can log in because I have a fingerprint scanner from there I'm dead in the water The only way to shut down is to hold down the power button While the computer is in bootup I have touchpad keyboard function I can escape to boot options BIOS repair etc and have normal functionality while there but not in safe mode I have ran SFC with commands several times chkdsk with commands several times nothing changes SFC says it found problems but was not able to fix all of them and keyboard Notebook and on Pavillion HP touchpad 3225dx dv6 Frozen the last chkdsk found nothing wrong Here are the events leading up to had disk errors and bad sectors in old hard drive could not repair cloned old hard drive to new hard drive there were errors but the new hard drive booted and worked for the most part correctly in the process of trying to fix missing setup files for applications and other miscellaneous small issues I ran troubleshooting updates chkdsk sfc etc removed various applications and added a few nothing worked I installed Revo uninstaller to remove Kaspersky Internet Security as it is THE MOST stubborn application to remove I've ever experienced The reason I mention that is because I went through my computer trying to find the leftover files even after Revo because Kaspersky was still running after re-installing it and uninstalling it again There were some files in System that had kaspersky attached to it's description I stopped them from running and deleted them They were close to the kb files and after researching which files Frozen touchpad and keyboard on HP Pavillion dv6 3225dx Notebook to remove I remember in the end of the post it said it wouldn't delete Frozen touchpad and keyboard on HP Pavillion dv6 3225dx Notebook a certain file beacause you wouldn't have keyboard functionality I made sure I didn't but I can't help Frozen touchpad and keyboard on HP Pavillion dv6 3225dx Notebook to think now that out of the files I deleted some of them kernel I may have deleted the mouse and keyboard files in error I tried a System Restore of the most recent point prior to the issue and it did not work I think now that I should have tried it again at an earlier point but didn't and I did that from the repair module obviously since I couldn't do it anywhere else I have tried since to do another but the restore points have disappeared The last time I had a working touchpad keyboard in Windows I ran sfc scannow offbootdir d offwindir d windows at boot in the command prompt I got the same message that it found errors but did not fix them all Then I ran chkdsk f r from boot at the command prompt When I returned to my computer after a couple hours I rebooted and no longer had a touchpad or keyboard I am up in arms and extremely frustratd as I feel I have tried absolutely everything to get them to work again I hope that the only option I have left is to format and clean install I do not have a full back up and can't get one fully executed at this point Please help Thanks in advance to any suggestion and assistance that you may be able to provide it's much appreciated The following link is to the support page of my Notebook http h www hp com ewfrf wc product product amp lc en amp cc us amp dlc en amp lang en amp tmp track link

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Frozen touchpad and keyboard on HP Pavillion dv6 3225dx Notebook

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Frozen touchpad and keyboard on HP Pavillion dv6 3225dx Notebook

If you have (and should have) a USB keyboard and mouse connect them and see if they will work.
Since your file system was already corrupted you cloned the bad files to the new drive.
If the USB devices work you should do a Repair Install.
If that doesn't work do this: Using System Recovery, Factory Reset and Minimized Image Recovery Options HP Pavilion dv6-3225dx Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support
From this tut:
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Information
On newer models HP Recovery may offer a Minimized OS Recovery option when booting from F11, which retains only the OS, Recovery Manager, HP Support Asst, and HP Wireless LAN. This is as close to a clean reinstall as you can get without doing one yourself.
● If you clean reinstall only to C and leave all other partitions intact, F11 Recovery key should still work later if you need it.
● You can also Extract HP 3rd Party Software from RecovCD.
● Problems with volume control lighting and HP Quick Launch buttons have been dealt with here where you can also get further support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260813-frozen-touchpad-keyboard-hp-pavillion-dv6-3225dx-notebook.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Got a user who has a Acer 5100-3583 notebook, the keyboard and touchpad are unresponsive after multiple reboots and standard trouble shooting yield no results.? The unit is only 14 months old and out of warranty.
Any clues?

It will read from DVD-ROM drive as it reads a DVD movie when inserted.
No USB devices such as keyboard and mouse work either.

Thanks
Greg

A:Acer 5100-3583 notebook keyboard & touchpad frozen..?

- in windows, press Fn+F7 (or the combination you have to activate/deactivate touchpad
- In the bios (press F2 when it appears the ACER screen when booting), be sure that the Tpad is enabled.
Purchase a usb mouse and keyboard and by pass the problem.
Restore to an earlier date to make sure the configuration wasn't dumped somewhere along the line.
Reformat the system.
Check with Acer Site under troubleshooting to see if there are any other solutions.
Last resort and if your capable open casing to check for loose connections. ( It does appear Acer has problems with touchpads frequently)
Luck to you and this is about all the thoughts I came up with right now. Let us know...Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5100-3583-notebook-keyboard-touchpad-frozen.669403/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

Windows XP Pro.

At the office I use an external mouse on my computer.

At the end of the day I (usually) unplug the mouse before going into standby mode.

When I forget to disconnect mouse before going into standby mode...when I get home and resume my touchpad ends up being frozen and won't work.(Note: Built-in notebook keyboard does work however).

When this happens the only way I know how to correct the problem is to restart the computer.

Is there some magic or alternative way to unfreeze my mouse without having to restart the computer?

Thanks.

A:Want to Unfreeze a Frozen Notebook Mouse (Touchpad)

Ctrl \ Alt \ Delete. Click Processes and see if the mouse app is still running. If it is, right click on it and end processes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-unfreeze-a-frozen-notebook-mouse-touchpad.261776/
Relevancy 80.41%

Please don't respond unless you totally Laptop frozen touchpad & keyboard read and understand my problem HP Pavillion dv us RP UA ABA laptop Windows Vista Home Premium edition Keyboard and touchpad have stopped working but Bluetooth mouse works 'Software' keyboard pops up on screen to use with mouse but NO hardware keys respond and the touchpad is also dead When attempting to reinstall or connect an external keyboard I received the following message ---------------------------------------------------------------- Windows found driver software for Laptop keyboard & touchpad frozen your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard This operation requires an interactive window station -------------------------------------------------------------- The quot Keyboards quot section of the Device Manager is showing two quot Unknown devices quot with yellow triangles with exclamation marks and I am unable to locate the keyboard and touchpad drivers using the Recovery Manager Uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager only starts Step all over again I do not have restore point before the problem came about and do not have the Windows Vista Installation disk since the computer was shipped with only the Recovery partition Laptop keyboard & touchpad frozen on Drive D which is inaccessable See Step regarding Recovery Manager THE KEYBOARD DOES WORK AT THE BIOS LEVEL IT JUST STOPS WORKING WHEN WINDOWS VISTA BOOTS Problem started after removing a game installed from HP website Q What is the quot interactive window station quot Vista requires for the driver installation Q Is there a simple stupid thing that I have overlooked Remember this is a model HP laptop

A:Laptop keyboard & touchpad frozen

are you able to get into safemode and if so, are you having problems there also?

What game did you uninstall and how did you uninstall it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-and-touchpad-frozen-205510.html
Relevancy 75.25%

My laptop's keyboard and Touchpad suddenly stopped working a few days ago but my USB mouse is still working It is working every time nbsp I boot the computer but after some time I just stops I looked at the mouse settings and the Synaptics tab was missing so not working Touchpad and Notebook Keyboard I reinstall the Synaptics Touchpad Driver from HP sopport page The driver was installed but it disappears again and the touchpad and keyboard stops working The problem is still there so I tried to uninstall it again checking the delete the driver Notebook Keyboard and Touchpad not working permanently or something then rebooted my PC After rebooting I intalled the driver after the intallation was done it prompted me to reboot so I restarted the PC again but after the restart the driver is not installed Now the keyboard is working but still stops responding after some time and the Notebook Keyboard and Touchpad not working touchpad have no driver and in device manager the PS touchpad is gone only the USB mouse is present nbsp My laptop is HP Pavilion TS sleekbook b Notebook Keyboard and Touchpad not working tx OS Windows Single Language bit

A:Notebook Keyboard and Touchpad not working

Hi @NoGameNoLife , Thank you for your inquiry, I am happy to help! I grasp that you are having a difficulty with the keyboard and Touchpad but your mouse is still working.  When you checked the mouse setting the Synaptics tab was missing.  You downloaded the Synaptic Touchpad driver and installed but it again disappeared and the keyboard and Touchpad stop working,  You deleted the driver this time and rebooted your notebook. You again installed the driver and it prompted  you to reboot which you did, but again the driver is not installed.  The keyboard now works but after some time it quits responding. Have you scanned for viruses and malware? Would you try this step:Go to the command prompt and right click to run as administratorType sfc /scannow and press enterWait for it to complete and then restart your computer. This will scan for corrupted files and try to repair them. Here are links to assist you with some troubleshooting steps.Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 8)Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 8) If this has not resolved the issue, I would try a Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 8).   If you connect an external keyboard do you have the same issue, does it quit responding after awhile?  If you are still having a difficulty, I would do a full recovery back to factory. Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8) During the recovery process you will have the option to backup your personal files to prevent data loss. If you have not already done one, I suggest you do one now.Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8) You may also consider contacting HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help locate and resolve issues. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. HP Sitemap  Good Luck! 

Sparkles1

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Notebook-Keyboard-and-Touchpad-not-working/td-p/4523616
Relevancy 62.78%

My laptop has frozen at the end of the BIOS update (progress 100%) and won't turn off. I let the battery go flat on my last laptop after a similar problem and was unable to recover it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-15-frozen-on-BiOS-update-at-100/td-p/5715757
Relevancy 62.78%

My laptop has frozen at the end of the BIOS update (progress 100%) and won't turn off. I let the battery go flat on my last laptop after a similar problem and was unable to recover it.. this one is still under warranty, I just don't want to lose everything!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-15-frozen-on-BiOS-update-at-100/td-p/5715756
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a packard bell laptop with windows xp. Sometimes when i switch on, i find my curser is frozen. I don't use a mouse just the touchpad. To get it to start i have to switch it of and then start again, it seems to be allright the second time i power up. Can anyone tell me how to rectify this please. thanks.

A:frozen touchpad

Hi bobbies -
How often is this problem occuring (regular / daily / weekly / once or twice) and have you used a mouse at all to see if this helps.
I find that even on my 12 month old Win7 Toshiba that a mouse cured these problems.

A laptop with XP ?? 8+ years old may have worn sensors or a build up of dust etc under the touchpad at times -

Try to clean under the pad (very carefully) or try a mouse and see if there is any change -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445049/frozen-touchpad/
Relevancy 60.2%

My laptop touchpad has been freezing up periodically, seemingly triggered by my use of the scrolling portion of the pad, though using that portion of the pad does not always result in my touchpad freezing up.

Prior to this issue, I had run ComboFix and logged onto the forums to post my log (post located here)--other than that, I haven't been doing anything unusual with my laptop recently.

Any helpful suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 59.77%

I upgraded to Windows 10 and the touchpad worked at first, but now has stopped completely. There is no light on, but the system diagnostics and device manager say it is working. Have checked that is not coinflicting with external mouse and the driver is up to date. Help!Mark

A:Pavillion 13 laptop touchpad not working

I uninstalled the driver and restarted the computer, this made the system re-install the driver (19.2.4) and now works!!! The wonders of technology.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavillion-13-laptop-touchpad-not-working/td-p/5641679
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Everyone,

My problem started after updating windows 8.1 to windows 10, of course!
First the touchpad just stopped working, for no reason.

My solution was to uninstall the drive and restart the laptop. And from time to time I had to do this proceed. Two weeks ago windows updated, and the touchpad issue's gone. . Unfortunately, another one appeared.

The feature "mousekey", which is turn it on at ease access to use the numeric keys to use them as a mouse, It's turning itself on. And doesn't matter how many times I turn it off, few seconds and it's on again.

I've tried uninstalling the drive, which after windows the last updating was "ELAN".

Then I replaced by the Toshiba drivers, which is "Synaptic", and uninstalled the drives ,the problem is the same. Because of that, I can't use my numeric key, which is annoying!! If anyone can come up with something I will be grateful.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89824-Touchpad-numeric-keyboard-touchpad-tuning-itself-on-Satellite-S50-B-15N
Relevancy 59.34%

A few weeks a go a bought a new LG netbook. Tonight I turned it on and the cursor is just stuck there in the middle of the screen.

I don't use a mouse, just the touchpad, so I can't even attempt to do anything. Everything else seems to be working fine in the background upon boot up and on the desktop, but the cursor won't budge.

Tried to open control panel but obviously can't do that with the cursor stuck. Any options the DON'T involve me having to buy a new USB mouse?

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

A:My netbook touchpad is frozen. Can't do anything! Now what?

You can go into device manager, delete the touchpad and restart the system and see if that clears it up but it sounds like a hardware issue with either a loose ribbon cable to the touchpad or its just burned out (it happens).

If the netbook is new though perhaps its still under warranty and you can get an RMA for it from the manufacturer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-netbook-touchpad-is-frozen-cant-do-anything-now-what.842876/
Relevancy 59.34%

I can't use my touchpad. My arrow/cursor is frozen in the middle of the screen.

1) I can still use external mouse

2) I saw in similar post somebody suggested using memory tool scan from microsoft. I did find that but when I clicked on it the owner was not microsoft but some other name. I am tired of downloding stuff on my computer and find out later that they are spyware etc..

3) I purchased Norton 360 which does not help

4) I ran system restore, did not help. First when I ran system restore it gave me error message "unspecified error during system restore" I ran it in safemode and now I could restore. Then I had to do the updates again. Rebooted toshiba laptop agai and the cursor still frozen.

Could you please help? What help could I use from Microsoft Help ? Most diagnostic stuff I downloaded so far wants me to buy their product? What shall I do?

A:frozen arrow on touchpad

Norton and vista usually dont go well together. I would use Avast or AVG antivirus, they are free.

Have you tried finding drivers for the touchpad? You could try to install new drivers or just reinstall current ones. Also have you tried turning the touchpad off and then on again? Is the touchpad on?

Just a thought

Jeremy

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206267-frozen-arrow-touchpad.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My laptop touchpad stopped working and I tried uninstalling the driver and letting Windows re-install it. This worked, but then after using the laptop for a while, it again failed and I once again uninstalled/reinstalled the diver and itis now working. Is anybody else have the same problem? Is there a fix/patch? Should I roll back my driver? Village

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavillion-13-laptop-touchpad-driver-keeps-failing/td-p/5660200
Relevancy 59.34%

Spilled a liquid on the touchpad, now inoperative.  Lots of online tutorials show how to replace palmrest, but not sure where to find a palmrest/touchpad for a Pavillion G6-1d38dx notebook.  Alternatively, if it can be 'cleaned' I can go that route as well.Thanks RobFlyer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-the-part-number-for-a-palmrest-touchpad-for-Pavillion/td-p/5816016
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a HP pavillion Notebook (DV9700 with Vista) that is suppose to have a built in camera. However I can not access this camera. Is there someway or something I have to do before trying to access the camera?

Relevancy 59.34%

I was working on the notebook one minute then it just stopped nbsp nbsp nbsp I decided that it might need a new battery which I purchased from Amazon nbsp It arrived I nbsp installed it and it booted up nbsp I assumed it was fixed nbsp Pavillion Notebook dv4 HP I turned it off and took it to a camera club meeting tried turning it on nothing nbsp nbsp So I ordered a new charger cord with Amazon nbsp It arrived a few days later plugged it in and it worked again nbsp My Norton security needed upgrading which took about hour nbsp As soon as that was done it stopped again nbsp I went thru the suggestion of taking the battery out waiting minutes after unplugging charger holding the power button for seconds etc nbsp Nothing nbsp Very frustrating nbsp So far I have only spent under for both the battery and charing cord nbsp I don't know what else to HP Pavillion dv4 Notebook do nbsp Any suggestions nbsp Thanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion-dv4-Notebook/td-p/5742998
Relevancy 59.34%

i have an hp pavillion dv 6 entertainment notebook ? can i enhance it with new 3 d card?? it has a built it mobile chip set !

A:HP Pavillion notebook

General speaking, you cannot upgrade the video card or GPU in a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-notebook.153825/
Relevancy 58.91%

My laptop is having spells of the cursor being frozen and the while screen going blank sometimes and starting up again. This happens while I'm working and then when it starts up again, all the windows are not available. I tried switch in it on and off and even taking the battery out, and starting again. What else should I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/frozen-touchpad-and-screen-goes-blank/td-p/5608165
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, Can you help me, with regards to my touchpad will not work or frozen everytime I used a LAN cable, but if I am connected to wireless its working great. Using external mouse is working but I want to find out why built in touchpad will not. In our place, wireless is not working properly, connection is very slow, better to used the LAN cable connection is faster.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touchpad-not-working-frozen-when-using-the-LAN-cable/td-p/5742238
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
My wife's Dell Insprion 1200 (laptop) has a frozen touchpad pointer. I know this isn't the most desirable computer but she only uses for e-bay and e-mails. It was in the shop a couple of weeks ago to have the AC plug in the back of the computer changed. It seemed to work fine for a couple of days before the pointer froze. I've turned it off and unplugged the battery and AC cord, reinstalled both and turned on, pointer still frozen. I tried Fn + F9; still didn't work. I also tried system restore to a month ago, and it still doesn't work. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I own a hp pavillion dv6 7050ca notebook and the touchpad is working but the disable/enable function on the top left corner, gestures, etc is not... The only way to get the functions working is to go to the mouse settings and right when it pops up, the functions work...but right after I shutdown,restart,hibernate, the functions stop working again..my brother has the exact same laptop and doesn't have this problem..we have the same device version(snynaptics pointing device driver version 8.1) and I also checked my msconfig to make sure synaptics is enabled on both startup and services..pls help me! Keep in mind the touchpad still works..just not the gestures and disable/enable square on top left corner of touchpad. And I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver but still no luck..any help will be very much appreciated!

A:Hp Pavillion dv6 7050ca synaptics touchpad functions not working?

Hello and welcome to 7Forums!
I would reccomend for you to try This to repair your drivers and such.

Post back results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345573-hp-pavillion-dv6-7050ca-synaptics-touchpad-functions-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I JUST BOUGHT THIS COMPUTER AND I THINK I NEED TO ADJUST THE TOUCH PAD SENSITIVITY.  WHEN TYPING I GENTLY TOUCH IT AND THE CURSOR FLIES OUT OF CONTROL ON TO ANOTHER PART OF THE PAGE.  THIS IS A TOUCH SCREEN COMPUTER SO WOULD THERE ALSO BE A WAY TO MAKE IT HARDER FOR THE SCREEN TO RECOGNIZE THE TOUCH?

A:touchpad sensitivity on pavillion x360 m3 convertible laptop

Hi, See the sections Adjusting TouchPad or ClickPad pointing sensitivities & Preventing accidental clicks (mouse cursor moves while typing) Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/touchpad-sensitivity-on-pavillion-x360-m3-convertible-laptop/td-p/5750794
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I was just wondering if it would be possible for me to upgrade my RAM, it currently is at 8GB, I would like to upgrade it to 16GB or whatever the max is. Thanks!

A:Can I upgrade the RAM of my HP-Pavillion Notebook

Hi Yes your notebook should support upto 16 GB I found the link for manuals  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04655126 Page 1/2: memory infoPage 41: how to replace

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-the-RAM-of-my-HP-Pavillion-Notebook/td-p/5697390
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I want to instal  one SSD disk on my computer. Do anyone now if it is  Sata 3 port on this computer ? If it isn`t can I install  Sata 3 port or do I have to chang motheboard ! Regards KOB32

A:HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC-e061so

Hi: Run this free hardware analyzer that I have zipped up and attached below. Run the file, close the summary window and on the left side of the window, click to expand the Drives section. Then click to expand the sata/atapi drives section. Click on your hard drive name listed there.  The first line will be the Drive Controller spec. It will report the hard drive type running at a certain speed. For example Serial ATA 6 Gb/s @ 6 Gb/s. If your notebook only has a SATA II port, it might report Serial ATA 6 Gb/s @ 3 Gb/s, or Serial ATA 3 Gb/s  @  3 Gb/s.  

hw64_536.zip ?3145 KB

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-15-Notebook-PC-e061so/td-p/5854520
Relevancy 58.48%

Any successes on hp pavillion notebook? the dv2623tu in particular

A:Any successes on hp pavillion notebook?

You might find the answer you're looking for in
Can I install windows7 to my HP/Compaq CQ40-323AX?

depends on the hardware spec of your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6642-any-successes-hp-pavillion-notebook.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My MSI GX630 just froze on me. It would take no input from the keyboard, the touchpad the mouse.. nothing. I had to remove the battery to restart it. this is not he first time it's happened. I was running just firefox and messenger and left the it for a while and came back to find it frozen like that. Any help plz?

A:Notebook frozen

It may be overheating... If you can disassemble a laptop yourself, you could check to see if the fan(s) and cooling fins were clean and free from dust and debris. If you can't do this yourself, you will have to take it to someone who can

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-frozen.123647/
Relevancy 58.05%

how do I increase the memory of my hp 2 pavillion notebook

A:how do I increase the memory of my hp 2 pavillion notebook

HP 2 Pavilion notebook is not a model I recognize. The devil is in the details and we need the exact model number: Click for instructions http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/how-do-I-increase-the-memory-of-my-hp-2-pavillion-notebook/td-p/5616450
Relevancy 58.05%

[/B]I have had the notebook for five years; yesterday the following message:

NTLDR is missing
Press ctrl + alt + del to restart

When the user does the instruction, the boot starts and the message repeats.

I really do not want to do a reinstall of the operating system; if someone has away to reinstall just the boot tracks.

[1] Is this a virues?
[2] Is this the work of a hacker?
[3] Has there been an MS-XP failure?
Bob Shelton K6TGR

A:HP Pavillion ze5560us Notebook will not boot

Check this site out. How to fix: NTLDR is missing, press any key to restart Its long but should fix your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-ze5560us-notebook-will-not-boot.853455/
Relevancy 58.05%

I did not find bluetooth in my device. Is the hardware  actually not installed or is there any problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-not-found-in-HP-Pavillion-Notebook/td-p/5778700
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all this is my first time here so hopefully i will be able to be successful for what i am here PLZ!! No HELP DV6500 notebook, on PAVILLION sound HP My problem is with my PC NOT having any SOUND at all The sound symbol on the right hand corner of the screen has an X mark over it and when i move the mouse over it it says quot No audio output device is installed quot This is what i tried to fix from reading all the other similar posts on net No sound on HP PAVILLION DV6500 notebook, HELP PLZ!! -I tried to restore my Pc to an Earliest point or b this problem occured and it didn t seem to fix the problem at all -I went to the HP software hardware site to install the audio software and it didn t work either once the installation was about to complete it would display a message saying quot Installation failed no MEDIA device is installed for this driver - I also read people saying go to Device Manager and update the Audio sound n so on thing BUT there is no Such thing as audio or such similar terms to click on and install update it -so i decided to REFORMAT my PC maybe that will fix it I even reformatted the PC BUT STILL NO SOUND -so i tried to go back to the HP s website to install the audio software and it gave the same message again I recently spend alot of money trying to get the fan fixed and new battery now i dont wanna end spending more on this sound I am hoping someone would really help me out and i really appretiate it thanks a bunch in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi weeks ago I bought the new HP Pavillion dv ea notebook which problems Pavillion notebook dv957ea HP has been giving me a nightmare of a time with numerous bugs For example I have had HP Pavillion dv957ea notebook problems to reinstall vista three times My problems now are The HEADPHONE SOCKETS do not work Only the speakers work Even HP Pavillion dv957ea notebook problems when I put a working set of headphones which are the right size I cannot hear anything through the hearphones The speakers however keep working as normal although they should switch off when the headphones are plugged in I cannot load SKYPE it says skype exe is not a valid win application I cannot view ALL folders on windows explorer For example I cannot see win folder It seems sensitive folders cannot be viewed Is there a way round that I cannot print on a network printer The network printer is hosted by a PC running on windows XP but my laptop is on Vista When I try to add a printer it simply does not recognise the host computer s name Before with my old PC running on XP I did not have this issue Any way to fix this Many thanks for any help on the above Best wishes Florian PS By the way I highly recommend NOT buying this laptop Many problems have popped up for example one of the hard drives is already broken nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-dv957ea-notebook-problems.619917/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I hope I'm in the right place Please forgive my being so technologically handicapped and for this being such a long one I'm trying to find out if I need to update my BIOS or not All of this started because for no apparent on update BIOS Pavillion Notebook 15 TS my reason my touch screen stopped working sometimes dots come go popping up all over my screen beginning at startup while the internet if I go there during this time appears to take on a life of its own This is because the mouse pointer does it's own thing clicking where ever it wants nbsp Also during these fits the Windows icon in the taskbar on my desktop disappears and I have to just hold down on the power button to shut down Is that called a hard reboot BIOS update on my Pavillion TS 15 Notebook Does any of this even pertain to my needing a BIOS update According to the information I provided Software and driver results from the HP Customer Support nbsp website indicated that there is a BIOS update F Rev A BIOS update on my Pavillion TS 15 Notebook for my particular product and BIOS update on my Pavillion TS 15 Notebook model number According to my System Information I currently have Insyde F When I checked on the HP Support Assistant that came with my notebook however and it says I only need one update which is for the HP Wireless Button Driver whatever THAT is I'm so confused about so much and I hope this makes sense to whomever can help me nbsp Thank you in advance for any advice you can give Julie

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BIOS-update-on-my-Pavillion-TS-15-Notebook/td-p/5849040
Relevancy 58.05%

Plz let me know how can i extend the warranty of my pavillion notebook. .. Actually its motherboard is not working and i have to replace it after extending the warranty. . plz rply asap..

A:i want to extend the warranty of my pavillion notebook 15-r0...

I think it depends on how long the warranty has expired, but you can purchase an HP Carepack to extend the warranty if it has been expired for up to 60 or 90 days?? Carepack

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/i-want-to-extend-the-warranty-of-my-pavillion-notebook-15/td-p/5786311
Relevancy 58.05%

I have tried twice to upgrade my HP Pavillion DV4 notebook to a Samsung 840 Solid State Drive and the two times it only shows a "J" while trying to boot. The first time I used the Migrate OS to SSD option in Minitool Partition Wizard. The second time I used the copy disk option, with the same result. Has any1 been successful in upgrading to a SSD? if so, which application was used? TIA. Manny

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavillion-DV4-notebook-SSD-upgrade-not-working/td-p/5745759
Relevancy 58.05%

I am considering buying this laptop at "Office Depot" today. In your expert opinion, guys, is this a good laptop for basic needs? I just need it for a small business situation. I have Office 2003 software to load on it. A techy friend of mine said I may want more speed on the processor but for $949 w/ rebates I think it's a lot of bang for the buck! Please click on the site below and it should take you to their website with specs on it. Thanks in advance for your input!

Bob

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=588026&N=1000000447+10324+4294960172&An=browse

Relevancy 58.05%
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I'm new to this so I hope I'm posting on the write page I have a Packard Bell Easynote TM with windows 7. The problem I have is the touchpad is completely frozen and I'm having to use a usb mouse of my pc to use the laptop, which is annoying the kids because they can no longer use the pc so I have a dilemma with kids and laptop, please help

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All A few weeks ago I started to download DVDShrink from what looked like a perfectly legitimate company site After I clicked to download the program it began to install itself At the same time all kinds of alarms went off - Comodo Malwarebytes etc - and I quickly shut down After booting up I ran a quick Mbam scan and it found infected files which I deleted I then ran a full Mbam scan and it found a bunch more Later I also ran full Mbam and Avast scans but this time around neither came up with anything I also used ERUNT to replace the Registry with a clean copy made earlier For a few dv7 HP Pavilion Win FROZEN Notebook 7 days everything ran OK but Win 7 HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook FROZEN then Firefox began to freeze up whenever I brought up a page with a Youtube video on it Then other things started to freeze - Task Manager etc - and now it's reached the stage that the computer won't boot up properly at all Almost everything is frozen The computer won't even start in Safe Mode At best it just brings up my mouse pointer which is working and my desktop wallpaper but nothing more Different Windows messages have appeared at times one of which said something to the effect that Windows was stopping to prevent further damage There is a separate RESTORE section on the drive for restoring the computer to factory settings but I can't access it Since I can't get into the computer to do anything at all I'm wondering if there's any way of being able to get the computer working again Any advice would be appreciated

A:Win 7 HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook FROZEN

Try performing a repair installation. This will preserve your user accounts, data, programs, and system drivers.

Instructions for a Windows 7 Repair installation.

A Windows 7 Repair Installation will require a installation disc.

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation disc you can download a free legal ISO image of Windows 7 SP1 at  Windows 7 Forums.  You will need to download the same version of Windows 7 that you have installed,  This image is hosted by the Digital River store which is an official distribution partner of Microsoft.  This is a genuine untouched image which is safe to download. 

Attention:  If you do have a Windows installation disc, skip Part A and go to Part B, Step 1b.

Part A, Steps 1a - 6a

The ISO image will need to be burned to a DVD in order to create a bootable installation disc.

1a)  To burn a ISO file to a DVD please download ImgBurn and install it.

2a)  Insert a blank DVD into your CD/DVD drive tray, and then close the tray.

3a)  Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.

4a)  Click on the Browse for a file icon:

5a)  Locate the ISO file you want to burn, and click on the Open button.

6a)  Click on the blue arrow to start burning the bootable DVD.

Please note:  In order to boot from this DVD you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Part B, Steps 1b - 10b

1b)  Place the installation disc in the tray of the CD/DVD drive, close the tray and restart the computer.

2b)  You will be prompted to press any key to start the installation, I find the space bar handy.

At this point the setup process will load files, this will take several minutes.

3b)  You will now need to choose the  Language, Time, currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use.

After this is done click on Next.

4b)  Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.

This link will begin the Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

5b)  System Recovery Options will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations.  This will take several minutes.

No participation is required on your part at this time, wait till it has finished and the next window opens.

6b)  Choose the Windows 7 installation that you'd like to perform the Startup Repair on, then click on Next

7b)  Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

For a future reference, there are several other diagnostic and recovery tools available in the Windows 7 System Recovery Options including System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, and Command Prompt.

8b)  The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems in the system files.

If Startup Repair finds a problem with any system files the tool may suggest a solution which you will need to confirm, or may solve the problem automatically.

9b)  Startup Repair will now attempt to repair whatever problems it found with system files.  

Note:  If Startup Repair did not find any problems with system files you won't see this step.

Important: Your computer may or may not restart several times during this repair process.  This is normal, you should allow it to continue until you see the Restart your computer to complete the repairs window. 

10b)  Click on Finish, this will restart your computer.

It is possible that the Startup Repair will not be able to fix the problem.  If the Startup Repair tool determines ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513983/win-7-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook-frozen/
Relevancy 57.19%

I could use some help I m running out of warranty and this problem is starting to get worse maybe unbearable I own a HP Pavilion dv se According to my temperature reading program my cores idle around C and typically run at - C unless there is a video playing or a game to which the temp jumps notebook Pavillion HP dv2845se heat issues up to around C C is the damage point on my AMD processors so I get a little worried Needless to say the GPU is always really hot around C or higher Of course the program isn t getting the most accurate readings HP Pavillion dv2845se notebook heat issues most likely but they should be good approximations I guess I forgot to type the GFX card It is a Nvidia MCP M according to the device manager but according to the HP specs its a NVIDIA GeForce Go M It was purchased about a year ago so may-june I have Windows Vista x as my OS so it makes using fan programs really hard since they don t have the signed drivers So I was looking for a way to just turn on the fans on high all the time I would really like it to be able to be tied to whether or not I m plugged in but that may not be possible There has to be a way to access the fans anyway through linux unbuntu maybe I haven t been able to take apart the laptop to possibly clean out the fans There is a ton of warranty stickers in the way and the bottom doesn t just pop off easily Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-dv2845se-notebook-heat-issues.831108/
Relevancy 57.19%

An HP update was done on Oct 31st. A couple of days later I tried to login and PIN was not recognized/accepted. I do not remember password and need to reset password or PIN to gain access.

A:How do I reset password on Pavillion notebook (Windows 10)?

Hi, Do you use Microsoft account to logon ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-reset-password-on-Pavillion-notebook-Windows-10/td-p/5847528
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an Hp Pavillion that i purchased 2 years ago and have a black screen issue. I turn on the power and hear the fan and hard drive but my display is black. I have taken the battery out an drained the power and then rplaced it and it worked acouple of times, but now that does not work at all. I will leave it for a week and then try and turn it on and it will work fine for a few days and then go back to having a black screen. I have changed the ram and that didnt solve anything, so i am looking for some advice. can anyone help. its is weird that it works sometimes and then goes out again. Model # pavillion g7-1167dx

A:Hp Pavillion g7-1167dx notebook black screen

Hi Antonio59,I understand you are having issues with your HP Pavilion g7-1167dx Notebook and black screen displays. Note before starting disconnect all peripheral devices from the notebook before doing a hard reset. Here is a link to a document on black screen troubleshooting.Hope it helps.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hp-Pavillion-g7-1167dx-notebook-black-screen/td-p/3460629
Relevancy 57.19%

i bought the above mentioned model on 25-april-2015 ,just after a year it started having problem of rebooting. when i contacted to the hp service centre , they told me that notebook is having problem with its motherboard and told me to change it . Even after 2 months of changing the motherboard ,  problem with it again started .so please tell me that what i should do if this will happen again and again , bcoz i dont have this much money to pay for this again and again  just  after 2 months only .   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-pavillion-notebook-15-p210tx-problem-with-motherboard/td-p/5723209
Relevancy 57.19%

HP Pavillion 17 Notebook PC

Product No. K4Q96UA#ABA

[personal information removed]

HP Support Assistant reports that there is a software update available to download.  Click yellow triangle, get to products, shows a software download available, but does not specify what the download is.

Click on Message / update.  Four segment square icon starts rotating through the segments.  Runs and runs and runs, now more than 2 hours.  Nothing downloads.

This is the third time today I've tried to download the supposed software update.  Same result each time.  Nothing downloads.

Same result each time.

Very frustrating

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Update-won-t-download-HP-Pavillion-17-Notebook-PC-Product-No/td-p/5832011
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi My Hp Pavillion is only Years and months old not very old at all but suddenly it will not boot into Windows it freezes at the HP logo screen it boots to a HP logo screen then goes to another HP Windows ye... HP 2 Pavillion - boot PC2170 Notebook not 15 Does logo screen then freezes I cannot get into safe mode HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC2170 Does not boot Windows - 2 ye... nbsp I have got into the Hp diagnosis screens and I have ran tests on everything and everything has Passed I did a HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC2170 Does not boot Windows - 2 ye... hard reset still froze I removed the memory cover took it out and placed it back in still nothing Every time I try and reset it it says Administration Privileges is needed but there are no administration privelges on this computer There are no restore points I ran chkdsk through the command prompt and got no errors I tried to run sfc scannow but I got that their was something pending and it could not do it nbsp The notebook is HP Pavillion Notebook AMD A - APU processor nbsp Can anyone computer whizz out there shed some light on this problem please thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion-15-Notebook-PC2170-Does-not-boot-Windows-2/td-p/5734807
Relevancy 57.19%

I've been trying to solve the sound fluctuations on my HP beats but have been unsuccessful with the options I've seen posted.  Did HP ever come out with a real solution? HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-f114dxModel #: J9N57UA I have updated all drivers and removed beats drivers. Any suggestions are appretiated. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-fluctuations-on-Pavillion-Beats-Notebook/td-p/5723374
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello. I have a HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC product number: J1X37EA#AB9  with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz, RAM: 12,0 GB, Windows 10 64-bits and in what comes to graphics i have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 and a NVidia GeForce 840M. I believe my intel graphic card is integrated in the board but the Nvidia one can be upgraded. Am I wrong or can I really upgrade my graphics card?

Solved!

View Solution.

A:Can I upgrade my graphic card in my HP Pavillion 15 Notebook...

Hi, Unfortunately the Nvidia chip is integrated and not an upgradeable component - this is the case for most consumer class notebooks. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-graphic-card-in-my-HP-Pavillion-15-Notebook/td-p/5843097
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,I was recently given a pavillion dv9821ea laptop which was in bad shape after being infected with a virus. I eventually had to replace the hard drive and at the same time I upgraded the operating system to windows 7 PRO 64bit. I was unable to save nothing from the origonal hard drive, no drivers, HP software etc and since I installed Windows 7, the laptop seems to have several problems including not downloading Windows updates. I connect it to the HP assistant, but this recognises the laptop and only gives me the choice of Windows Vista as the operating system for which to support drivers etc. I wonder if you could help me by letting me know if there is anywhere I can download Windows 7 pro 64bit drivers for this laptop? my wife and I are both disabled and it would make a great difference to me if I could have full use of this laptop. Regards. Gerald

A:Drivers for Pavillion dv9821ea entertainment notebook

Hi, Gerald: HP did not support that model for W7, and you should be able to use the Vista drivers from the dv9821ea support page except the BIOS and firmware files. Additionally, you can read this helpful dv9000 W7 upgrade guide for some tips on getting W7 to work just fine on that model. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv60...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Drivers-for-Pavillion-dv9821ea-entertainment-notebook/td-p/5594190
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, im trying to recover a currupted BIOS, ive tried everything except for making a recovery usb stick. the method shown is show this..... it doesn't give me the option to make a recovery usb however. so i've tried to make my own bootup usb and copy the files but alas that doesn't work  any suggestions? regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavillion-DV6-3206ax-Notebook-currupt-CMOS-won-t-boot/td-p/5841130
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello, I'm having the same problem and it says  Stereo Mix (IDT High Definition Audio Codec, Currently Unavailable). I even called HP and their Tech support couldn't fix the issue! we did install the drivers and everything enev I performed a factory reseta! No success! The whol thing happened after I upgreated windows to win 10 from win 7! even after I put the laptop back to win 7 stil no audio input and out puts and codecs in device manager!

did you find the sulotion? If you did please let me know.
T
hank you very much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavillion-dv6-notebook-audio-recording-issue-windows-7/td-p/5650529
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello This is my first post here as this is my first issue with this 7,... Pavillion issue! (windows HP dv6 notebook audio recording computer My microphones won't pick up any sound- this computer has two different ones an integrated one and an outer one and yet neither work Troubleshooting only picks up whether they're enabled or not and I've tried recording after enabling them and disabling them restarting etc I've checked with Beats Audio and they're turned on there as well and the drivers say they are up to date Yet nothing is working HP Pavillion dv6 notebook audio recording issue! (windows 7,... when I used to voice recognition test it wouldn't even pick up any outside audio nbsp I should note that the webcam doesn't work as well because when I bought it it would disconnect the internal camera often and when trying to fix it someone uninstalled the driver or something - though at the time audio still recorded just fine and I didn't need the webcam nbsp IDT High Definition Audio CODECIntel R Display Audio nbsp If any other information is needed please let me know Thanks for everything

A:HP Pavillion dv6 notebook audio recording issue! (windows 7,...

Hello katrapezo.  I understand you're having some trouble recording audio. Have you tried recording in another application such as Sound Recorder?  I'd also like you to remove your audio drivers and allow Windows to reinstall them.  Here are the steps.Click Start, type "Device Manager," and press Enter.Expand the "Sound, video, and game controllers" section.Right click on your sound card and select "Uninstall."Reboot your computer.Verify whether the problem persists.Also, what is your notebook's product number?  This document can show you where it is located.Have a wonderful day.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavillion-dv6-notebook-audio-recording-issue-windows-7/td-p/2737617
Relevancy 56.76%

i have hp pavillion 15 notebook and tried many versions of internet explorer but every time it says your pc doesnot suppport this software please help me 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unable-to-install-internet-explorer-on-pavillion-15-notebook/td-p/5706421
Relevancy 56.76%

hp pavillion laptop 15-p067ca model, purchased year ago, came with windows 8.1, was not updated to windows 10. seems to have a bug: on start up it welcomes me as a user "vladimir" asks for password and then hangs up forever with the white screen and unresponsive. Password  I'm sure is right, because if I type different password, machine comes back with "Incorrect password" message. What do you think is a problem and how to go back to factory settings? I have not made a recovery disc. Any comp supposedly have a recovery partition, and Recovery Manager but how can I do anything if Window does not come up?  

A:hp pavillion 15 notebook 15-p067 Windows 8.1 recover factory...

@vladimir5? Look at the video here. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-pavillion-15-notebook-15-p067-Windows-8-1-recover-factory/td-p/5698011
Relevancy 56.76%

This is a family member's computer and she asked me to help her fix it It will only stay booted in Safe Mode When I start the computer it boots up stays booted for a few mintues then the screen goes black and it reboots Safe in Mode notebook continously HP except Pavillion reboots This keeps happening unless it is booted in Safe Mode History Purchased with Vista I clean installed Windows Home Premium I know it's legit bought it for her myself when Windows first came out When I turned it on it rebooted so I started it in Safe mode and have tried found the following problems It had adware programs and one trojan horse removed those with Malwarebytes Rescanned with Malwarebytes and MS Security Essentials HP Pavillion notebook reboots continously except in Safe Mode came out clean Device manager showed two problems - bad drivers for co-processor and bad drivers for Graphics card installed those drivers and the Device Manager did not show anything wrong Problem keeps happening Opened BIOS and ran both Hard Drive and Memory Diagnostics no problems found Did not make any BIOS changes I have little HP Pavillion notebook reboots continously except in Safe Mode experience with BIOS Ran diagnostics with Windows disk including Repair Memory Diagnostics no problems found Graphics card is NVIDIA GeFroce M HP Pavillion notebook reboots continously except in Safe Mode nforce M reinstalled drivers didn't help anything When the screen saver goes on there is an error message quot The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatable with Direct D quot This is an old computer well out of warranty Do I still possibly have an embedded virus What removal tool should I get Is it worth replacing the graphics card - if that's possible on an old laptop Should I try a clean install of Windows Seems like if I have a hardware problem this won't help Thank you

A:HP Pavillion notebook reboots continously except in Safe Mode

Sounds like it might be time for a reinstall to refresh the OS and overcome any lingering infection. Follow these same steps for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 particularly when it comes to drivers and Updates.

Otherwise work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 including the hardware tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277698-hp-pavillion-notebook-reboots-continously-except-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I turned off my notebook using the mouse and the screen menu. The computer apparently closed down as it should, the screen went black, but the light on the power switch continues to glow. When I try to turn on the computer again, the power switch has become unresponsive. Now I can't turn my computer on. (I don't actually know whether the computer is turned on or off because the screen is black). The notebook has a fixed battery, so I can't do a hard reset by removing it. What should I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Power-switch-on-HP-Stream-Notebook-has-frozen/td-p/5716909
Relevancy 56.33%

after being advised by a mate, am me being a  virgin to all tech online at the age of 50, i had a tech at Harvey Norman, where i bought the notebook a month ago, uninstall the cyberlink media player and install VLC media player,  all good, switched it off, put it back in box and went home, 2hrs later i unpacked it   turned it on and after displaying the hp logo on start up, it went to a redish screen with the loading dots circling and below them it says HYBERNATING and this is all it does, won't turn off by power button unless i close lid also, otherwise the screen oes black on touching the power button and back to the HYBERNATING screen on touching any other button. full stop nothing else.i removed/replaced battery, nothing! hELp please 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/notebook-frozen-in-Hybernation-mode-on-power-up/td-p/5643505
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi
I'm getting error below after I reset to factory setting my HP Pavillion notebook 
OSL Windows 8
the activation server determined that the specified product key has been blocked

0xC004C003

Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/85807c1e-d0a3-49e1-acbe-6ac73a28603a/reset-to-factory-setting-my-hp-pavillion-notebook-activation-issues?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

Several weeks ago I bought the new HP Pavillion dv9574ea notebook and the HEADPHONE SOCKETS do not work - there are two. Only the speakers work. Even when I put a working set of headphones which are the right size, I cannot hear anything through the hearphones. The normal loud speakers however keep working, although they should switch off when the headphones are plugged in.

Please see the screenshot of the drivers active (in system 32 folder) and other details about the headphone socket.

Thank you for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-dv9574ea-notebook-headphone-jack-doesnt-work.628399/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
I'm having problems with my All-in-One Keyboard on Windows 8.1(64 bit): it doesn't accept input both from keyboard and touchpad at same time (can't walk in a FPS game while looking with mouse, for example).
Is this a product's limitation or should it work?

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/083f7b45-ee31-4884-822b-46f92b822c20/microsoft-all-in-one-media-keyboard-keyboard-and-touchpad-both-at-once-not-working?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

helllppppppp!!!! i pressed f8 tried debuggin and every other option debugging stays on blank screen how long should i wait

A:my gateway notebook is frozen on the windows start up screen

I'm not sure, but i imagine your Windows is corrupted.

You should format your drive and reinstall windows.

If you don't want to lose your data, download Ubuntu and boot your computer with it. You can then retrieve your important data before you format the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-gateway-notebook-is-frozen-on-the-windows-start-up-screen.982057/
Relevancy 55.47%

hp pavillion notebook with 8.1 shows a blue screen with and will continually show different error code. cant even do a system restore because it will restart in the middle of it

A:window 8.1 hp notebook pavillion error codes and frequent restarts automatically

Not enough information to go on yet but if you can run a few tests we can get started.

This will give us your Computer Specs http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

These two will help see what might be causing you problems. Download and run Speccy http://www.piriform.com/speccy and
Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-8-1-hp-notebook-pavillion-error-codes-and-frequent-restarts-automatically.1140294/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am a beginner computer user and I recently inserted a bad dvd int my lenovo laptop. The windows media player screen is frozen and I have no control of the notebook user screen. I would appreciate any help as I am dumber that a box of rocks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-user-screen-frozen-at-windows-7-media-player.1106852/
Relevancy 54.18%

My cursor was drifting on my Dell Latitude. Was told by technician it had a virus, so he took it and said he would reinstall Windows. When i got it back he had uninstalled the touchpad and installed a mouse. I installed Alps pointing device driver to no avail. What can i try next. Thanks for your time

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/395812-notebook-touchpad-uninstalled.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi- I picked up a used Dell notebook and have just installed win98SE and just a few other programs, no special mouse software... just Dell sound and video drivers, IE 6.0 and Windows Updates, SpyBot... I have used other notebooks, but never noticed what this crazy touchpad does on the Dell Latitude CPiA366- touching the pad like you were going to scroll the cursor over is having the same affect as a left click with mouse button, or Enter key- do all notebooks do this or all Dells?
Weird- put the cursor on a link and it is activated just by the pad when you put your finger on it- not even a tap really. Is there a way to turn down this too sensitive touchpad?

A:Notebook touchpad question

Found an answer to my question- seems this is how Dells work so all is fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-touchpad-question.162629/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello people I would like to request assistance I need to disable the touchpad on my Asus G Sx notebook Is there some kind of program I can download that will allow me to disable the touchpad I used to have a program that allowed me to do so but when I google it now I don t get any results that will allow me to download that program it was called FspUip exe Pressing function F does not disable the touchpad and going into the BIOS and disabling the internal pointing device on Turning touchpad off notebook? the my also disables the keyboard I have downloaded all the drivers for my notebook numerous times and I don t know what else to do to try to turn off this touchpad Going into the control panel and disabling the touchpad that way also doesn t work Please assist me Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Turning off the touchpad on my notebook? Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc G Sx Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Turning off the touchpad on my notebook?

if you have a wired or wireless mouse installed with the manufacturers driver software, In Control Panel - Mouse - Hardware, there should be a box to select disable touch pad when external mouse is detected. I have this setting with both my laptops running Win 7 and Win 8.1.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turning-off-the-touchpad-on-my-notebook.1135399/
Relevancy 54.18%

At the risk of sounding like a total idiot I have the following question.....how on earth do I use my Touchpad?!I can move the cursor around but there are no left and right buttons like on my previous laptops so how do I use this function? Are there other buttons I should be pressing as alternatives?! Final thing; sometimes when I double tap it in order to select something it works and sometimes it doesn't.Please can somebody help this total computer idiot out....!Many thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-use-the-Touchpad-on-my-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5671822
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Toshiba P25 with an ALPS touchpad. Lately the pointer jumps all over the page...that is, if I rest my hand on the "handrest" area, the mouse pointer might jump up 8 rows in a document or such.

I thought this must be some sensitivity setting but cannot find any such setting with the ALPS mouse control panel.

Anyone know how to tame this beast?

thanks,

Tom O'Connell

A:Jumpy touchpad on notebook???

Did you get a utilities and tools disk with the laptop??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jumpy-touchpad-on-notebook.410419/
Relevancy 54.18%

I need to remove the [SEARCH="keyboard"]keyboard[/SEARCH] from an old (6-7 years) HP [SEARCH="Pavillion"]Pavillion[/SEARCH] laptop PC (to install new/used motherboard. I think I need to get underneath the plastic space bar button to get at hold-down screw, but can't figure out how to pop the button without damaging it. How is this done?

A:HP Pavillion Keyboard Removal

Many of these machines have maintenance manuals on the HP site. Have you looked there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-keyboard-removal.822846/
Relevancy 54.18%

my hp pavillion x2 stopped typing randomly after startup. they keyboard works, airplane mode, volume, and brightness still work. everytime i use the normal keys it makes a clicking noise but doesnt type. so what should i do? ive restarted, fully shut down. disconected the keyboard and reconnected...someone please help. im using the touch screen keyboard to type this and cannot continue to do the rest of my work like this. please give suggestions. thanks in advance. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-pavillion-x2-keyboard-not-typing/td-p/5755602
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello people. I would like to request assistance. I need to disable the touchpad on my Asus G74Sx notebook. Is there some kind of program I can download that will allow me to disable the touchpad?

Pressing function F9 does not disable the touchpad, and going into the BIOS and disabling the internal pointing device also disables the keyboard, so that doesn't work for me.

I have downloaded all the drivers for my notebook numerous times, and I don't know what else to do to try to turn off this touchpad. Going into the control panel and disabling the touchpad that way, also doesn't work.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium.

Please assist me

Thank you very much

A:Turning off the touchpad on my Asus notebook?

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Your Function Keys does not work ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348864-turning-off-touchpad-my-asus-notebook.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This issue was raised in another thread which was closed out before it was resolved. I have an ASUS Notebook K53e and I want to disable the touchpad on it which the specific make/model is ELAN PS/2 Port Smartpad. You should be able to do this with Fn+F9 however that keyboard function does not work on my computer as the guy in the previous thread. When I got to devmgmt.msc->Properties on the device->Driver , the "Disable" button is greyed out. I did not receive a driver CD with the machine I purchased . I need this thing disabled because it interferes with the typing very badly. Where do I go from here? Thanks,

A:Cannot disable ASUS Notebook Touchpad

Well, I just found the fix myself after posting this thread. You have to go to Control panel->Hardware and Sound->Devices & Printers-> Right click on the PC device->Mouse Settings->ELAN tab there is an option to Stop Device. Pain the arse mate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-disable-asus-notebook-touchpad.1016914/
Relevancy 53.75%

While typing on a browser, my screen zooms in and out periodically, and I'm sure it's because I'm accidentally touching something.  How do I disable this?  I've tried going into mouse/touchpad settings but there isn't any option about changing the zoom. I use Windows 8.1 and have an HP Notebook 15. Thank you very much for your help in solving this annoying problem.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:how to disable zoom from touchpad on HP 15 notebook

Please Click Here to find the steps involved in disabling the pinch zoom feature of your Notebook Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again "I work for Hewlett-Packard" * * * * * Click the "Purple Thumbs Up Icon in the lower right corner of a post" to say thanks * * * * * * * * * * Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem * * * * * Regards,K N R K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/how-to-disable-zoom-from-touchpad-on-HP-15-notebook/td-p/4575058
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey everybody... I've got an HP Pavilion ze4400 on which the touchpad doesn't work. I can't be sure whether it's a faulty device or if drivers aren't installed. In Control Panel, under Mouse, Hardware, only one device (the USB mouse I'm using) shows up. I'm not sure what the standard touchpad driver for HP notebooks is. Going through the Add Hardware Wizard and telling XP that the device is already installed, it then gives me a list of installed hardware to select from. I don't know what that driver is, if it's even in there. Anyone know what the driver is? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

A:Dead Touchpad on HP Notebook running XP

Download the drivers from HP's web site. You just put in the model number of the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-touchpad-on-hp-notebook-running-xp.532193/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,  I suddenly lost my touchpad. It can no longer track my mouse movements. The touchpad on/off toggle button does not seem to work anymore too. I cannot turn it on or off anymore. I restarted my system a couple of times without any results. Also tried uninstalling Synaptics Pointing Device Driver and subsequent installation of the latest version without any positive impact. Will be great if you happen to have any suggestions. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy dv4 Notebook PC Touchpad not responding

Hi, It's always worth trying the following. Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter. Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter. Regards, DP-K 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Envy-dv4-Notebook-PC-Touchpad-not-responding/td-p/3240059
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there this is my first post I have searched the rest of the forum before making this post and tried all of the other suggestions without success System Information HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PCProduct Number A5H09EA#ABUSerial Number 5CD14477ZKWindows 7 64-Bit Version ProblemWhen windows Starts the light about the touchpad is not illuminated.  It is not on and will not turn on using the 'double tap' method in the upper left portion of the touchpad or the small circular 'indentation. Since it has stopped working I have updated the drivers for the touchpad and no change has happened Sometimes the 'right click' and dropdown button works and the menu appears but no other function works. Sometimes the touchpad works for a short time but it is 'intermittent' and slow and unresponsive. Any help that you could provide would be appreciated

Solved!
View Solution.

A:G6 Notebook Touchpad No Light & Does not Work

Hi, First, download the latest Synaptics driver installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53851.exe Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall. When this has completed, shut down the notebook. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter. Tap away at f10 as soon as you press the power button to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter. When windows has fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again. When windows has reloaded, see if holding down the fn key and pressing the spacebar will illuminate the TouchPad. There are also further configurable options Here. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/G6-Notebook-Touchpad-No-Light-amp-Does-not-Work/td-p/1581919
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi
I opened my laptop this morning and began to use however around 5 minutes in the mouse froze, however this was not the typical freeze behavior as when i left click and hold i can still move it as if highlighting text but if i release the mouse is immovable, I have checked the drivers for the mouse and display adapters but these are both up to date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94784-Touchpad-freezes-while-using-the-Satellite-A-notebook
Relevancy 53.75%

Dell keyboard frozen on Inspiron 8600, It may be a security lock on the Bios?
If some one has a idea please let me know.

rkalish

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-frozen.800470/
Relevancy 53.75%

My Compaq lap top is about yrs old and currently loads up with Windows XP but when finished I am unable to use the keyboard as it is completely frozen The touch pad does work and allows me to point to programs on my desk top but when I click to open them it automatically open Note Book and it the letter N keeps repeatidly scrolling across Since Window does load up my virus scan does work and I have allowed it to do a full virus and malware scan but they show up clean I have tried going into DOS to try to fix the problem but since my keyboard is frozen it doesn t allow me to tab down to start manually so it automatically load WindowsXP I occasionally get the blue screen telling me that perhaps hardware was installed incorrectly The only thing I can thing of causing the blue screen is when I have used my wireless router in the past it would sometimes cause the blue screen to pop up and I would have to close everything down and reboot I know that if I bring my lap top in to a computer store to fix they are going to suggest getting a new Lap Top since they relatively inexpensive now but trying here first before I do that Thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi ,
I am using a laptop right now because my computer keyboard is frozen. I was playing on a game a I started randomly typing in letters and now I can't type anything on it, the mouse works perfectly its just that I can't type in any letters and it is stuck on cap lock.

I hope you can get back to me soon , thanks

A:Frozen keyboard

very likely a stuck down key.
Try another keyboard to make sure.
Is the caps lock light on.
Are there any other indicating leds showing.
Disconnect the keyboard and lightly keep tappng each key to ensure that the response feels correct.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frozen-keyboard.961057/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I am really not too good with computers so sorry if this is a stupid question I have been having problems Frozen keyboard with my computer in the past few days The worst problem is that my keyboard seems to be locked and I am unable to type anything Although sometimes I can type but when I type K it comes out or the typing is very slow and I have to Frozen keyboard press the same key times before something shows up on Frozen keyboard the screen I was looking at the Keyboard section under Control Panel Systems and it does have Interrupt Request listed there What is that Could that be causing the problem Also I have been getting a lot of error messages while using Word where I have to close it down The Frozen keyboard other problem is that a few times a message has come up that I need to fix the Active Desktop Do you have any ideas of what could be wrong Thanks Cheryl nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Keyboard freezes while computer is in use.  Caps lock key flashes 5 long and 3 short.  This happens fairly often and the only solution I have so far is a reboot.

A:Frozen keyboard

Capslock blinking can possibly indicate a hardware problem

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Frozen-keyboard/td-p/5735279
Relevancy 53.75%

ok im new and i need help my keyboard n working ad idk why i know it can work cuz i can open up the bios and use it there whats wrong?

A:frozen keyboard

please would you write in full language
keyboard n working ad idk why i know it can work cuzClick to expand...

- this is a global site and some helpers here do not have English as their first language so you would get a lot more response and help if you DO NOT use text speak.. thanks

As the PC boots tap F8 a menu will appear - choose "Safe Mode" from the menu - see if the keyboard now works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frozen-keyboard.933229/
Relevancy 53.32%

After going on to HP website and choosing HP support and update assitant tool, which gave me several updates my HP Pavillion 20 Touchsmart needed. My PC started the updates based on HP's recommenations. Left my PC overnight doing updates, the next morning my screen was blank, keyboard, mouse, nothing is working except the "power on" light and sounds like some fans internally. Do not have a recovery disks from HP. Please help. I haven't used my PC much since I've bought it. My parents bought it for me. We loved it so much we bought them the same PC. They had the same problem however, their DSL provider fixed their PC for them. My PC is completely disable and useless.

A:HP Pavillion 20 Touchsmart will not reboot. Keyboard and mou...

Hi @Terilynn67?, Welcome to the HP Support Forums.   I understand that your TouchSmart 20-f394 computer will not boot up after doing several updates.   I am confident that I will be able to help you work towards a solution, and I ask only that you pay it forward. When we resolve the issue, I'd like for you to kindly mark the applicable post as Accept as Solution so that others experiencing the same or similar issue can find what worked for you. Please follow the steps in the HP PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10, 8) document. If you determine that following the sub-section titled ?The computer starts, but the monitor is blank or unresponsive? is the one you need to follow, it will redirect you to the HP Desktop PCs - Computer Starts but Monitor Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8) document. You will really need the HP and Compaq All-in-One and HP TouchSmart Desktop PCs - Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer document (this is stated in the first document but many people, myself included, will miss it the first time they read it). Please return and post the results of your troubleshooting.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavillion-20-Touchsmart-will-not-reboot-Keyboard-and/td-p/5355518
Relevancy 53.32%

My hp pavillion ms235 is not reading its usb hp keyboard anymore. There is nothing in device manager or anywhere. the keyboard has all 3 of its lights on when plugged in. May have to do with a system reset. Usb ports all work for wireless mouse though

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pavillion-ms235-not-reading-its-usb-hp-keyboard/td-p/5611391
Relevancy 53.32%

Help! I've got a problem with my laptop keyboard. The touchpad works fine but every time I try using the keyboard, everything freezes. Even the volume control buttons on the side of the laptop won't work. Right now the keyboards are disabled, saying that they've been disabled since the drivers may be corrupt or missing. I've been using the on-screen keyboard, but it's so hard to type documents. I hope you can give me advice on how to resolve this. Thanks much!

BTW, my laptop's model is ze4908us (i mixed 8 & 0 on the title) ==sorry!

A:Keyboard problems (HP Pavillion ze4908us)

Hi rhaiven29, please first confirm that all your System Drivers are up to date
You can do this by going here and clicking on "Start Detection" button http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problems-hp-pavillion-ze4908us.124016/
Relevancy 52.89%

how do I disable the  touchpad on hp envy touchsmart m7 notebook pc

A:how to disable touchpad on hp envy touchsmart m7 notebook pc

You can disable the touchpad using the steps in this document: Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad (Windows 8) (see "Disable the TouchPad" section)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/how-to-disable-touchpad-on-hp-envy-touchsmart-m7-notebook-pc/td-p/3180731
Relevancy 52.89%

Yesterday i use touchpad is normal better speed no problem last time i use Laptop no update driver automaticly but today i use my touchpad have trouble first i use my mouse can move i moving right it run right but stop hafl max range touch i think maybe for my touch weak i try again move from right to left it run hafl so i think virus on my laptop i reset my lap After my lap on i move again but i didn't move right or left just up and down although i keep moving left to right and right to left work... Pavilion ) 15 PC Touchpad (Laptop HP not my Notebook of it still move up and down can't move left and right So i uninstall driver check hp driver touchpad new version download Touchpad of my HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC (Laptop ) not work... and install but i still there i try restart and last time it isn't move standing in place i use my mouse usb move normal what is there problem Hardware or software I just bought laptop days ago if in weakeend pc got problem can trade other Do you think i should trade new I tried Hardreset but it doesn't work everthing plz answer me fast i got day left i use win bit sp ram gb nvidia GF if you need any picture i can take it and sending for you nbsp

A:Touchpad of my HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC (Laptop ) not work...

Hi AndyKiet, welcome to the HP Forums!   I understand that you are having a problem with your touchpad on your notebook. I will try my best to help you with this issue. In this document for Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 8) are steps that may resolve your issue. If this does not work, then please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector. I hope this helps, please let me know how it goes. Thank you and have great day!

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Touchpad-of-my-HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-Laptop-not-working/td-p/3766788