Windows Support Forum

Unstable Wireless Connectivity with Windows 8

Q: Unstable Wireless Connectivity with Windows 8

Hey guys I ve just picked up a new Lenovo Ideapad y p which has been great thus far A major problem I ve been experiencing though is with the wireless connectivity I ve had minor Wireless Unstable Connectivity with Windows 8 problems like this in the past but only on windows machines and only in this house every mac amp gaming console in the house can use the internet flawlessly and I ve had no problems with connection to networks other than my own on this particular laptop The problem I ll be using the internet normally and all of a sudden I will lose internet access Sometimes the icon remains like this with no connection sometimes it tells me I have limited connection and changes Unstable Wireless Connectivity with Windows 8 to this still no connection and sometimes it disconnects completely this The strange thing about this issue is that disconnecting Unstable Wireless Connectivity with Windows 8 and reconnecting to my network or just reconnecting almost always solves the issue temporarily of course A little background I live in a large house so our wifi is set up pretty weird The main connection comes from a cisco wireless router in the basement that we are using as a wired router directly hooked to the modem Directly connected to the cisco is an apple airport extreme that provides the house with wireless Since the signal doesn t cover the whole house there is also an airport express directly connected to the modem This express sits on the other side of the house and is the closest access point to my computer I have tried changing wireless channels to solve this issue no luck Now I could keep using my internet like this having to disconnect and reconnect every minutes but it gets very frustrating especially when streaming or gaming Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unstable Wireless Connectivity with Windows 8

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unstable Wireless Connectivity with Windows 8

First I would suggest that you set the MTU to 1492 in the Cisco and all all Airport devices. This will stop what is known as packet fragmentation and reassembly which frequently causes problems.

Secondly, be sure ALL such devices have the latest firmware.

If your ISP connection is using ADSL, ensure all devices plugged into the phone line anywhere in the house have the dsl line filter.

The "limited connection" issue is always a failure to get a response to the DHCP request.

(every mac & gaming console in the house can use the internet flawlessly, and I've had no problems with connection to networks other than my own on this particular laptop).Click to expand...

And this points the finger at the Windows Device Driver - - so look for an updated version for your machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unstable-wireless-connectivity-with-windows-8.198372/
Relevancy 61.06%

My internet only works for a while few hours everytime I reset my moderm Since I am sharing a wireless connection with my landlord so I don t want to ask them to reset the moderm unstable connectivity internet for me everyday I ve unstable internet connectivity tried everything I can like changing the PCI adapter updating the driver for it reformatting my computer the netsh winsock reset and the ipconfig renew etc When internet is not working windows always shows that I have excellent singal strength and that I am connected to the internet However the packets that sent are much larger than packets received for example sent received When I look at Statistic tab in program for my PCI it shows that there is a large number of Frames Received with CRC Error I am using a GIGABYTE AirCruiser G PCI Adapter If I use the troubleshoot in MSN it sometimes shows that I have a problem with the key ports or default gateway What could the problem be I have another laptop in the same room connected to the same router and has no problem connecting to the internet nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello everyone I ve done all I can to fix this and now I need outside help Ever since going to Windows last week I have had some serious issues with my wireless connection quality I have been using DLink PCI adapters and just bought a new one last night to no improvement Basically the wireless connection no matter the strength - will fluctuate in ping or become unresponsive at random Here is a ping list from the command prompt as I type this-- Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms using x64 Windows to router 7 ping wireless Unstable TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from Unstable ping to wireless router using Windows 7 x64 bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms The entire ping list looks like this Some system specs- Windows Ult Intel i gb Ram ASRock Fatal ty board DLink DWA- and previously DLink WDA- with dBi external antenna Router - Linksys WRT G I have an old Dell laptop on XP that will run the ping tool with a consistent - ms ping while sitting next to my desktop in SHAME but at least has a solid wireless connection The past two days I have tried- New card to New drivers DLink to Atheros drivers Moving the antenna Cycling the router Testing for conflicting WIFIs only one next door with extremely faint signal Using Cain to search for any intrusions hackers none Disabling IP Disabling quot computer browser quot service Disabling quot IP Helper quot service The only thing I have not tried to my limited knowledge yet is moving the desktop upstairs and connecting through the LAN and running a ping test Im really at a loss here I can usually troubleshoot pretty well but this is just out of my league I guess Please help -Will nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have been reading some of the others on here problems in getting connectivity with their router and mine is much like many others within the forum We have always used a hardwire but that woman that rules the house said quot that wire has to go quot across the hallway So we started after the problem moving the router to the son s room gamer and let me try to go wireless it has been a battle since The thing is sometimes I can get on but it s like dial-up other times just OK showing anywhere from Mbs- Mbs but nothing happens any different quot page not found quot The other night I went in under the wireless and enable WLAN and got Cisco compatible extension settings enabled it seemed to help for about hrs still not like being hardwired like right now I feel it s a small thing getting in the way aline of code Solved: 7 Wireless Windows Connectivity number Thanks for any help Arris Router Cableone USB Wierless Linksys N dual up MBS CMD prompt Windows IP Configuration Host Name Javlin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Solved: Wireless Connectivity Windows 7 No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys AE Physical Address - - E- - -CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d a adc adcd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday January PM Lease Expires Sunday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- - - F- - A- D- C- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - A- D- C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b a ea e a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM copied that day Lease Expires Sunday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- - - F- - A- D- C- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B B F-A E - ED -B -E C D B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab ba fbff f Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe ba fbff f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap D AF-FA - EBF- A-C B F E D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Problems found on HP PAVILION DV3515 , HP PRESARIO CQ61
Unable to connect wireless if there is more available wireless connections are detected
Wireless disconnecting if any new wireless range has detected
Actions Taken :- Drivers and OS update could not resolve the problem
( Could not found any problems with Routers , it only happens if a new connection detected into the wifi range )

Please advise me how to solve this problem ..

A:Windows 7 Wireless connectivity problems

Set your wireless connection that you want to use as connect automatically and the others manually

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/84860-windows-7-wireless-connectivity-problems.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hi everyone, i have just done a fresh installation of 7 and as ever it seemed to install and update perfectly except for one major problem! no connectivity no connections avalible!

please take a second to watch my video i have went thru all the tips and tricks of the basic connectivity problems this is something more.

No wifi connection windows 7 - YouTube

A:Wireless connectivity problem windows 7

Did it work properly before you reinstalled Windows? Have you tried the laptop right next to the access point to see if there is a reception problem with the laptop? If so have you opened the laptop up to ensure the aerials are connected to the card properly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/348076-wireless-connectivity-problem-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a connectivity problem which I hope you can help with The problem started when I received a disk error and Windows asked me to reboot to correct the error Then I got stuck within an Automated Repair loop that needed tech support's help to break Had to utilize System Restore function using the recovery disk We went back about weeks for the recovery System works fine now BUT the wireless connectivity -- that was fine before -- is now gone after Windows connectivity wireless 8.1 reload The computer still reports that there are connections available but the connection is now limited and internet is unavailable Our other desktop and laptop still connect to the network with no problems We have reinstalled Netgear adapter software no change used command function 'ipconfig release' 'ipconfig renew' with no luck Here is my configuration information and below that information that resulted from running the Mini-toolbox software offered by this site I'll be happy to answer any questions and appreciate any help you can offer --Stephen Computer Cyberpower Windows 8.1 wireless connectivity after reload Extreme Gamer PC Model C Nickname mancave Note The router is directly attached Windows 8.1 wireless connectivity after reload to our other desktop Router Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Computer is connected wireless to router that is upstairs with an extender in between the router and pc Digital cable is the main source for connectivity to the router Here is information that resulted from running the Mini-toolbox software offered by this site MiniToolBox by Windows 8.1 wireless connectivity after reload Farbar Version - - Ran by stephen administrator on - - at Running from C Users stephen Desktop Microsoft Windows X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Ethernet Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name mancave Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cyberpowerinc local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -D - B-A - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server UnKnown Address Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again Server UnKnown Address Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List d b a c Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Software Loopback Interface IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None Winsock entries Catalog C Windows SysWOW napinsp dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW pnrpnsp dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW pnrpnsp dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW NLAapi dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW winrnr dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corpora... Read more

A:Windows 8.1 wireless connectivity after reload

Welcome,
Have you turned off the router and modem as well as the PC and rebooted all of them?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541824/windows-81-wireless-connectivity-after-reload/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have several computers on my home network, all of which can connect to the internet just fine. After upgrading one of them to Windows 7 I get either a very SLOW internet connection or none at all. This computer connected just fine as a Vista machine. Only after upgrading to Windows 7 did the problem occur. I have tried updating the Broadcom 802.11b/g wireless network adapter driver, to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a simple solution? (stupid question, I know.) Thanks for any and all help!

A:Windows 7 Wireless Connectivity Issue

Hi technomann,

Have you tried using different browsers - Firefox, Chrome?

Have you tried a wired connection to the router and see if you're able to replicate the issue?

For now, disable any Startup Apps that are not needed to run and see if that helps.
Click on Start and type msconfig then press enter, locate Start up Tab and uncheck unnecessary Apps running here.

Please post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141971-windows-7-wireless-connectivity-issue.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I have been having a problem recently with my desktop Connectivity Connectivity/Limited Loss Wireless of s wireless connections I know the hardwire connections worked without a problem while I was living on campus but while I am at home on winter break I have to rely on a wireless setup The machine s specs are listed next to my profile name and I am using a Linksys wireless-N receiver and router Loss of Wireless Connectivity/Limited Connectivity What happens is once I log on and the machine boots up it automatically Loss of Wireless Connectivity/Limited Connectivity connects to my secured and Loss of Wireless Connectivity/Limited Connectivity encrypted connection with full signal strength and pretty good speed It is capable of full internet connectivity and web browsing but it often fails after a while I have had this problem for a couple weeks ever since I moved out of my dorm My brother uses the same USB receiver and we tried switching out the adapters with the same result so I am also fairly certain the adapter is not the cause here Typically if I only browse the web the connection has no problems but if I try to connect to Steam or use Himachi to connect to a LAN with some friends the signal changes from high strength to limited connectivity and displays the yellow triangle exclamation point icon on the task tray Once this occurs I am unable to connect to the internet whatsoever though the signal strength from my router is still very strong I live in an apartment and my room is right next to where the router is located with only a wall getting in between the adapter and router so I don t think that s an issue either Oh and there is no difference whether I plug the adapter into my desktop or the little extension USB port it came with I checked my IPv settings and there s no static IP or anything it s set to acquire everything it needs automatically Every time the issue occurs my PC has failed to shutdown or restart properly getting hung up on the Shutting Down screen no matter how long I wait That s basically the situation I m in and I hope someone can help me resolve this issue Could there be a problem with my router s configuration My laptop has no connection issues but I also do not use it for the kinds of connections that have been causing the desktop s connection to fail only basic web browsing Power cycling also does not fix the problem and I don t have much networking expertise so I would really appreciate any help in discovering a way to fix this I don t know if it s related but lately my machine also started to detect and fail to find drivers for a couple ESET Personal Firewall Miniports Cheers Phaedrus nbsp

A:Loss of Wireless Connectivity/Limited Connectivity

accidentally posted in the Windows 7 forum, moved to the Internet and Networking forum. posting this comment until i figure out how to delete this thread

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-wireless-connectivity-limited-connectivity.891179/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey i have a windows laptop that ive just recently purchased The wireless Connectivity was working fine last week now suddenly it just wont work I believe that its due to a program i recently installed that goes by the name of Connectify I have uninstalled it yet still whenever i try connecting to any router wirelessly the PC displays limited or no connectivity On the other hand When i connect my laptop to a router via an Ethernet cable everything is fine In case you are wondering im currently using a g usb wireless stick to surf the internet but i dont or Wireless Solved: Limited Connectivity connectivity no want to use it Solved: Wireless Limited or no connectivity Connectivity as i already have a router to use Here are all my info Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Ahmedlaptop gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ahmedlaptop-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HUAWEI Mobile Connect - G Network Card Physical Address - E- - F- -CF DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address A- F-FA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Tunngle Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Tunngle Physical Address -FF-B - B- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media Solved: Wireless Limited or no connectivity Connectivity State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - F-FA- - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address C- - -D - F- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B F C-EDAD- C - AAF-C E B AC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F AB - B E- D-ABDB-B B BDF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B B D - - BCB-BB -C D DCFE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f af afa a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f af afa a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap C A D- F - -B E - ED E D CB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C D -F D- F- - DC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Ahmedlaptop gt nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I have been having a problem recently with my desktop s wireless Connectivity/Limited Wireless Loss Connectivity of connections I know the hardwire connections worked without a problem while I was living on campus Loss of Wireless Connectivity/Limited Connectivity but while I am at home on winter break I have to rely on a wireless setup The machine s specs are listed next to my profile name and I am using a Linksys wireless-N receiver and router What happens is once I log on and the machine boots up it automatically connects to my secured and encrypted connection with full signal strength and pretty good speed It is capable of full internet connectivity and web browsing but it often fails after a while I have had this problem for a couple weeks ever since I moved out of my dorm My brother uses the same USB receiver and we tried switching out the adapters with the same result so I am also fairly certain the adapter is not the cause here Typically if I only browse the web the connection has no problems but if I try to connect to Steam or use Himachi to connect to a LAN with some friends the signal changes from high strength to limited connectivity and displays the yellow triangle exclamation point icon on the task tray Once this occurs I am unable to connect to the internet whatsoever though the signal strength from my router is still very strong I live in an apartment and my room is right next to where the router is located with only a wall getting in between the adapter and router so I don t think that s an issue either Oh and there is no difference whether I plug the adapter into my desktop or the little extension USB port it came with I checked my IPv settings and there s no static IP or anything it s set to acquire everything it needs automatically Every time the issue occurs my PC has failed to shutdown or restart properly getting hung up on the Shutting Down screen no matter how long I wait That s basically the situation I m in and I hope someone can help me resolve this issue Could there be a problem with my router s configuration My laptop has no connection issues but I also do not use it for the kinds of connections that have been causing the desktop s connection to fail only basic web browsing Power cycling also does not fix the problem and I don t have much networking expertise so I would really appreciate any help in discovering a way to fix this I don t know if it s related but lately my machine also started to detect and fail to find drivers for a couple ESET Personal Firewall Miniports Cheers Phaedrus nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I'm using a G Model Laptop AR Wireless Adaptor and spporting driver all of which are working and up to date according to all the responses from Windows troubleshooter and Network settings However last Tuesday I downloaded Windows Update KB via WiFi Version wireless 1... Windows connectivity of Loss 10 and completed the install Immediately lost the use of my wireless connectivity Loss of wireless connectivity Windows 10 Version 1... I have taken my laptop to the local MS Store Loss of wireless connectivity Windows 10 Version 1... had the MS Techs work on it to see if they can determine what is causing the problem no luck In fact they tried using their Logitech USB Wireless Adaptor and it would not work I've gone on line to the MS Answer Desk and had Level techs work for several hours with no results Some code in this update just killed the AR nbsp My question is Does anyone have an answer to fix this problem or am I out of luck with my laptop now being a desktop nbsp since I can use my laptop via the use of the Ethernet cable from my router nbsp In addition can someone recommend a USB Wireless Adaptor that will work well with Windows Version if in fact I will not be able to fix the problem with AR nbsp Thanks for the help nbsp Ken Miller

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Loss-of-wireless-connectivity-Windows-10-Version-1607/td-p/3457383
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I read all the helpful posts about what to know and do before I post They were helpful sort of more overwhelming for me I will do my best tho I have a Dell Laptop running windows pro on windows issues resolve wireless connectivity your cannot it Norton Security Suite I work away from home My apartment for work I use Comcast internet service At home we have windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issues Dish Network Century Link Right now I am using my desktop at Home My desktop connects to the internet just fine as does my phone and Kindle Fire but My laptop will not connect to the internet I get an error message stating Problem with wireless adapter or access point Heres what I have done so far I did a restore back days because yesterday at work my laptop had no problems then I went to Control Panel All Control Panel Items Troubleshooting Network and Internet Network Adapter that took me to a troubleshooting ethernet wireless adapters the message I got there was Problem with wireless adapter or access point detected the computer reset my wireless adapter and I have this file name under the Network Diagnostics Log F -CBID- AF - FAC-BF D BB repair etl I do not know what to do from this point on can you please help This is very frustrating Please keep in mind that I am computer illiterate Thanks Karentall

A:windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issues

Quote: Originally Posted by KarenTall

Hi, I read all the helpful posts about what to know and do before I post. They were helpful, sort of..more overwhelming for me. I will do my best tho.
I have a Dell Laptop running windows 7 pro on it. Norton Security Suite, I work away from home. My apartment for work I use Comcast internet service. At home, we have Dish Network/Century Link.
Right now I am using my desktop at Home. My desktop connects to the internet just fine as does my phone and Kindle Fire but My laptop will not connect to the internet.
I get an error message stating..Problem with wireless adapter or access point. Heres what I have done so far.
I did a restore back 3 days..because yesterday at work, my laptop had no problems
then I went to Control Panel, All Control Panel Items, Troubleshooting, Network and Internet , Network Adapter..that took me to a troubleshooting ethernet, wireless adapters
the message I got there was : Problem with wireless adapter or access point detected..the computer reset my wireless adapter and I have this file name under the Network Diagnostics Log.
17F56084-CBID-4AF4-9FAC-BF2D6902BB83.repair.1.etl

I do not know what to do from this point on..can you please help?? This is very frustrating! Please keep in mind that I am computer illiterate..

Thanks
Karentall

Hi Karentall,

I apologize for all the inconvenience this issue has caused and promise you that I will do my best to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Firstly we would need the model number of the system and wireless card installed on the system. Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

You can also check this link below which would be useful in resolving this issue:

http://dell.to/105mWOZ

Also, check the system under safe mode with networking if your system is able to connect:

System Restore

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302137-windows-cannot-resolve-your-wireless-connectivity-issues.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I in no windows for Limited or Connectivity connection XP wireless sp2 have gone through the previous post related to limited or no connectivity But I am still not able to figure out the problem with wireless connection in my windows xp sp OS Please find my details below when I am connecting using ethernet connection Limited or no Connectivity in for wireless connection windows XP sp2 Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Anuj gt cd C Documents and Settings gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name anuj-dafed ee Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Ethernet adapter Network Connect Adapter Media State Media disconnected Description Juniper Network Connect Virtual Adap ter Physical Address -FF- - -A - A Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Etherne t Controller Physical Address - - - E-EB- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adap ter Physical Address - - E- - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings gt nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys please can someone help?

I have just bought :
An acer Aspire z5610 touch screen
Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q8200
Integrated Lan 10/100/1000
Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless Lan 11nPCI-ENIC

I am using A Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with wireless G Router Model FSD 7632-4

I have set up a wireless connection and entered the correct password but am getting the error Limited connectivity.
I have set up on hard wired earthnet and internet is fine... just no wireless
I have a laptop which I am using through the Belkin wireless router on vista windows with no problems so I know the router is set up ok, or
at least set up for vista.
Please note I am a NOOBIE to pc's so my knowledge is limited so please bear this in mind when you give me expertise Help..
Thanks in advance
Kaspa

A:Windows 7 and Belkin wireless limited connectivity

Hi;So from the failing pc let's see this.It will tell us what your pc "sees" as it's wireless environment and we can go from there.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-and-belkin-wireless-limited-connectivity.920088/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey everyone I have literally no idea what is causing the problems but whenever I boot up aero and my wireless connection keep crashing for the first - minutes or so After boot up and the desktop problems. and Windows wireless Aero connectivity 7 comes into view I can see Windows 7 Aero and wireless connectivity problems. the small white bars icon on the taskbar that indicates that I'm connected to the net and that windows aero is on Windows 7 Aero and wireless connectivity problems. glass effect etc but around seconds afterwards the theme reverts to windows basic and my wireless icon has a red cross on it Right clicking the wireless icon and diagnosing the problem brings up 'windows wireless service is not running on this computer' and that the diagnosis has solved the problem After another few seconds it disconnects again and I have to repeat the diagnosis several times to get it to 'stick' Aero eventually returns to normal on its own after around minutes It's very intermittent but persistent I thought the problem had gone after days of it not happening but today it came back I'm using Windows -bit D-Link DWA- Xtreme PCIe n Wifi adapter I Western Digital caviar GB GB VData DDR - Mhz Asrock H M Motherboard Nvidia GT GB Any help much appreciated

A:Windows 7 Aero and wireless connectivity problems.

Hi

Welcome to Seven Forums
Are you running the wireless adapter under compatibility mode?
As per the attachment - the adapter appears to be limited to 32-bit platforms while you are running x64.
Try the following tutorial to install the drivers from the CD

Keep us posted

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/90838-windows-7-aero-wireless-connectivity-problems.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys please can someone help?

I have just bought :
An acer Aspire z5610 touch screen
Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q8200
Integrated Lan 10/100/1000
Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless Lan 11nPCI-ENIC

I am using A Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with wireless G Router Model FSD 7632-4

I have set up a wireless connection and entered the correct password but am getting the error Limited connectivity. Please note I am a NOOBIE to pc's so my knowledge is limited so please bear this in mind when you give me expertise Help..

I have set up on hard wired earthnet and internet is fine... just no wireless

Thanks in advance Kaspa

A:Windows 7 and Belkin wireless limited connectivity

The model number your router is F5D7632-4 not FSD7632-4. The support page for your router doesn't say much but it might be worth a look.

You might try changing the channels in the router control panel because Windows 7 seems sensitive to channels that are already being use in the area. You can also find and install new firmware from your routers set up page which can be accessed by typing 192.168.2.1 into the URL of your browser.
Belkin : Support : Routers : G : F5D7632-4 :

You might have more luck trying a different wlan driver for your Acer laptop, bottom of the page shows one for Win 7 64 bit but I can't say if it's better than the one you already have.
Acer Aspire Z5610 Windows 7 Drivers | Laptop Drivers Download

This TechNet thread has some steps you should take which should also help fix the problem, if it's fixable that is.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...b-f52ec2b1ef7e

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/81381-windows-7-belkin-wireless-limited-connectivity.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell Dimension which was connecting to the Internet via Netgear WG v wireless USB adapter I also have a Dell Insprion using lost after connectivity Windows Wireless Update an Internal network card no problems Both running Windows XP Router is BT Voyager After doing a Windows Update I had problems with internet connectivity limited or no connectivity Reinstalled the Netgear drivers via laptop connection no joy Tried manually setting up IP address and it could see the router but would not bring up the Internet Did a system restore to just before the Windows Update and Internet came back but then had problems with itunes quicktime A Wireless connectivity lost after Windows Update knowledgeable Wireless connectivity lost after Windows Update friend thought it best then to do the Windows Update and the Internet connection again disappeared but now I cannot do a system restore Am able to connect to router with an Ethernet cable Thought maybe the Netgear was faulty so I ve now installed a Belkin Wireless G desktop card Initially this found the router but with limited or no connectivity After a reboot the Belkin cannot even see the router cmd line says Media disconnected but after complete reinstall of Belkin using latest software from Belkin website no joy In desperation I ve restarted the Netgear which comes up with Limited or no connectivity still ipconfig all shown below Host name Arthur Primary DNS Suffix - Node Type - Unknown IP Routing Enabled - No WINS Proxy Enabled - No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media state - Media Disconnected Description - Belkin g Network Adapter Physical address - - - F- - F- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection specific DNS suffix - Description - Netgear WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical adreess - - F-B -CD- - Dhcp enabled - Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled - Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address - Subnet mask - Default gateway - If I try to ping the router on the request times out Laptop ipconfig all below Host name - Larry Primary DNS suffix - Node type - unknown IP routing enabled - No WINS Proxy enabled - No DNS suffix search list - home Ethernet adapter Network Bridge network bridge Connection specific DNS suffix - Description - MAC Bridge Miniport Physical adreess - - - D- E- -D Dhcp enabled - Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled - Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address - Subnet mask - Default gateway - DHCP Server - DNS Servers - Lease obtained - Dec Lease Expires - Dec I set up a network bridge on the laptop to enable me to connect our XBox to the internet via a bridge - don t know if that s significant This morning I connected the Wii to the router wirelessly - no problem Any suggestions greatly appreciated Sorry for the lengthy post nbsp

A:Wireless connectivity lost after Windows Update

Try a winsock repair per;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259/en-us

http://www.spychecker.com/download/download_winsockxpfix.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connectivity-lost-after-windows-update.118558/
Relevancy 54.18%

The wireless adapter does NOT appear in ipconfig but Ethernet does Ethernet works properly Unable to rollback system restore as all deleted don't know how or why windows Loss (after update) of HP 7 wireless connectivity 64-bit There is no wireless connectivity and with a USB wireless adapter the same problem Hardware installs and says working OK but unable to connect to wireless also Ipconfig is Windows IP Loss of wireless connectivity windows 7 HP 64-bit (after update) Configuration Host Name Jabberwocky Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - F- -B - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f b fad Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-EB- B- - F- -B - - F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here is a screenshot of my wireless connection Windows Network Diagnostics Publisher details Issues found There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapterThere might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Detected Set up the wireless network adapter Not run The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Not run Issues found Detection details There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Detected Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Set up the wireless network adapter Not run Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv and Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv can be used on the network adapter The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Not run Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues Detection details Diagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Manufacturer Intel Corporation Provider Microsoft Version Inf File Name C Windows INF netw v inf Inf File Date July Section Name Install MPCIEX GEN AGN x MC VISTA MOW Hardware ID pci ven amp dev amp subsys Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type Network Diagnostics Log File Name A BC C- D - -B - D E B Diagnose etl Other Networking Configuration and Logs File Name NetworkConfiguration cab Collection information Computer Name JABBERWOCKY Windows Version Architecture amd Time Saturday October AM Publisher details Windows Network Diagnostics Detects problems with network connectivity Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows IMG res sdiageng dll print png IMG Windows Network Diagnostics Publisher details Issues found There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Detected IMG res sdiageng dll warning png IMG Set up the wireless network adapter Completed The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Completed Issues found Detection details There might be a pr... Read more

A:Loss of wireless connectivity windows 7 HP 64-bit (after update)

Does the wireless adaptor show up in Device Manager? If not try going to the view tab in Device Manager then choose "show hidden devices" does it show up now?

If it still doesn't show up try shutting down completely, unplug the battery for a few minutes then boot back up and see if anything changes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258132-loss-wireless-connectivity-windows-7-hp-64-bit-after-update.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I ve search forums for solutions to this but haven t found one that fixed this exactly for me I bought Wireless Connectivity Vista problem Windows a Toshiba laptop with Vista a month ago I used it on the open wireless network at my workplace and at other locations for several weeks When I tried to use it Monday Windows Vista Wireless Connectivity problem it claimed it was connected to the correct network but i could not pull up any pages with Firefox or IE It has been that way all week both at work and at wireless hotspots at coffee shops I did not install or uninstall or make any changes to any programs over the weekend to my knowledge I have tried disabling UAC disabling windows firewall disabling TCP IPv un reinstalling the wireless adapter maybe another thing or two Also other programs that require an internet connection work fine just not web browsers This problem is driving me crazy I have DSL but not wireless at home so I can t try to fix the wireless somewhere where i have a connection Please help nbsp

A:Windows Vista Wireless Connectivity problem

you may have a virus

does it work when connected with cable all OK ?
I have DSL but not wireless at homeClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-wireless-connectivity-problem.762372/
Relevancy 54.18%

I put in a new desktop with Win 7 a week ago. I upgraded the wireless adapter at the same time. It was working fine until the next day after an auto win update of 30 items. Ethernet works fine and a MAC and Vista laptops still connect fine. I have talked to adapter support and the internet service provider (AT&T Uverse) who provide the router. Uverse actually sent me a new adapter which was gtd to work with Win 7 by only loading Win driver. Same problem. It appears to all that WAP is fine and adapters work. The adapter sees network but it will not "connect successfully" and shows "limited access" which in reality there is none at all. Do I need to uninstall all the updates and reinstall one by one to find the problem?

A:wireless connectivity problems after windows update

Hi fishy1,

Have you tried a System Restore? Restore it to a point where you were able to connect and worry free.
System Restore
The System Restore should take care of your concern below.

Quote:
Do I need to uninstall all the updates and reinstall one by one to find the problem?

Please let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/138979-wireless-connectivity-problems-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, I am currently having serious issues connecting my windows 8 desktop to wireless internet. It runs fine when hardwired in and I have tried to reinstall drivers I have run programs ensuring me they are all up to date. The computer is a HP Pavilion m8430f. The router is a Verizon router and I believe the company that makes it is actiontec m142wr. Any information on how to try and solve this would be very helpful. Thank you.

A:Wireless Limited access connectivity windows 8

Try shutting down your computer, then power down your modem/router wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.

wait about 5 minutes and turn on your computer let it do its magic then see what the connectivity looks like..

Brooklyn

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24725-wireless-limited-access-connectivity-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there Have a Dell laptop on windows vista Wireless Vista, Connection Windows Limited Connectivity, BTHomehub router and Limited Connectivity, Windows Vista, Wireless Connection I m just Limited Connectivity, Windows Vista, Wireless Connection getting Limited connectivity when trying to connect to router IPconfig listed below any help would be great Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e ee f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - F C- D - ED-D F AED A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey Tech Support Guys I ve recently started working at a studio that has its network setup via Airport Express using DHCP and the IP Obviously my MacBook Pro works fine with this wireless network but I brought my Dell Inspiron m PC with Windows XP Pro v to work and though it appears to establish a connection with the Airport with bars signal strength and Mbps speed I get the quot Limited or no connectivity quot message and can t connect to Connectivity Airport Wireless Windows No Network: or XP Limited with the Internet with a browser email or pinging nor can I connect to the airport at I checked the Status of the connection and DHCP does not seem to be assigning my wireless card an IP in the family and a subnet of Rather the IP address I Windows XP with Airport Wireless Network: Limited or No Connectivity get is the subnet is with no Default Gateway DNS Server or WINS Server I searched the Web and came across this site http www pchell com support limitedconnectivity shtml which offers a bunch of things you can do to fix this apparently common problem So I ve done the following I ve reset the TCP IP stack I ve applied the XP IP patch KB I ve applied the registry fix HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services IPSec quot AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule quot dword I couldn t set my duplex mode to quot Full Duplex quot or my link speed to quot Mbps quot as they suggest because the Dell device manager interface doesn t offer up those properties for modification After this I still get the quot limited or no connectivity quot message with the blank DNS etc So I tried two setups of Static IP First IP Subnet Gateway PrimaryDNS AlternateDNS blank Second IP Subnet Gateway PrimaryDNS that assigned by my ISP AlternateDNS that assigned my ISP In both of these cases I actually get a quot Connected quot message instead of the quot Limited or No Connectivity quot however I still can t connect to the internet via a Web browser e-mail or pinging with a Command prompt So I m at a bit of a loss and don t know what to try next Help please Thanks so much Diane nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

hi,

as you can see in the attachments, I am using the "sitecom" wireless connection, which is a router in my office; I get those other 2 signals though, and everynow and then my connection switches to the other signals, resulting in impossibility of browsing.... why does that happen?
how can I prevent it?
p.s. i havent secured the wireless connection with a password, would that be the cause?

thanks!

A:unstable wireless....

you want to set your wireless in the prefered properties of your wireless and remove the others

control panel
network connections
right click on the wireless network connectionon your PC
and then the wireless tab
and you should see a preferred list
add yours / and or remove the others

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstable-wireless.473664/
Relevancy 52.89%

I want to connect to Wireless LAN to next block (it is about 10 meters, blocked by cement wall). I can connect to WLAN but the connection is very unstable. is there any ways to make it more stable? lets say use repeater, etc.

thanks.

A:wireless unstable

Use a directional antenna for the PC and possibly for the access point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-unstable.551006/
Relevancy 52.89%

This one has me stumped I reloaded a friend s Dell Latitude WLAN connectivity reload get after XP Windows challenge! Wireless Can't Solved: D laptop with Windows XP Pro service pak and loaded all the drivers from the Dell support web site Everything is working now except the WiFi does not get on the web I have a strong signal and it says Connected but also says quot Limited Connectivity quot Another laptop Solved: Wireless challenge! Can't get WLAN connectivity after Windows XP reload works fine on this same wireless Solved: Wireless challenge! Can't get WLAN connectivity after Windows XP reload router so I know Solved: Wireless challenge! Can't get WLAN connectivity after Windows XP reload it is a problem with the machine I loaded the required driver from Dell I don t get it Device Manager does not show any question marks on anything I have a built-in Intel PRO Wireess A mini PCI adapter Here is the IP config Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Thank you for any help anyone can give -Randy UPDATE -- I upgraded to service pack nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless challenge! Can't get WLAN connectivity after Windows XP reload

Hi,

Type of encryption in your wireless network? If WEP encryption used in network you will get limited or not connectivity if wrong wireless network password entered.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-challenge-cant-get-wlan-connectivity-after-windows-xp-reload.1038147/
Relevancy 52.89%

Our household just installed Limited Connection Wireless Solved: Vista, Windows Connectivity, a new Netgear router The wireless network works for all devices except for my laptop which runs Windows Vista The network for me is listed as quot Unidentified quot and the connection switches between Local Only and Limited Connectivity If I plug the router directly into the laptop then Solved: Limited Connectivity, Windows Vista, Wireless Connection internet works perfectly How can I connect to Solved: Limited Connectivity, Windows Vista, Wireless Connection the wireless router In case it helps here is my ipconfig all C Users Jordan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jordan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- -DD-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ff f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AD- - - - - E- -DD-D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - D-EE- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I just purchased a Gateway MT laptop a few days ago When I first started using my D-Link DI- router to connect wirelessly it worked great Sometimes I also use the hard-wired ethernet cable that is connected to the DI- when downloading music but just yesterday my wireless connection stopped working because everytime I turn my laptop on it wouldnt connect automatically to my home network anymore instead it would just say LIMITED CONNECTIVITY My internet only works when the ethernet cable is plugged in to the laptop I have searched this topic online and I have found several issues which are similar to mine I just want to know what to do to be able to go wireless again Is this a problem with the router s incompatability with Windows Windows Wireless on Premium Vista Limited Connectivity Home Vista Home Premium which is the OS I have or is it a problem with my laptop s wireless adapter Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I just bought a HP laptop with VISTA. Every time I try to reach the Internet through the wireless router which is netgear, it always turns out limited connectivity or sometimes local only. I have to turn it off then turn it on to make the wireless work. I have another laptop with XP also has the same problem. I just wanna know why and anything I can do to fix it. Thank you in advance for your help.

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a broadcom airforce 802.11g network adapter that has suddenly started resetting its own WEP. It is in a gateway laptop with AMD turion using windows XP and internet explorer 7. Until a week ago there was no problem. I have scanned for viruses and found none.

I have tried uninstalling the adapter, connecting with it or with windows, setting the WEP with the advanced windows menu but when I try to go online it changes back to an eight digit WEP that I cannot see.

I have several other computers on the network including another laptop and all have no problems.

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:Broadcom wireless WEP unstable

... it changes back to an eight digit WEP that I cannot see.Click to expand...

If you can't see it how do you know it's WEP and how many digits it is?

I assume you mean that it defaults to showing some set number of asterisks. Correct?

If the real problem is that you used to be able to connect but now can't, disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful with either connection attempt ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-wireless-wep-unstable.811444/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,
let me start by saying I have had a horrible time with wireless networks for my PC.
I have a PC downstairs and a PC upstairs (they are about 10 feet apart through the floor). The PC downstairs is connected to the router/modem. I recently bought a new gateway adapter (Realtek RTL8185). I installed it and everything was fine. Now my problem is every 2 minutes it disconnects, but then reconnects right back (this is bad news for online gaming). The speed is okay, but I have tried reinstalling and everything. It works fine after a restart, but then it starts to disconnect/reconnect, and then just stop all together.
Tips? Tricks?

Relevancy 52.46%

I have the problem since the day before yesterday, the problem is, sometimes, I can connect to the interent, and a few mins later, the connection was lost, and a few seconds later, the connection is back. How do I fix it? I want to play CS:GO... with my friends.

A:Unstable Wireless Network, How Do I Fix It? :(

Plug in Directly...online gaming is best hard wired in.
Are there any other wifi signals in your area. Interference cause's what you are describing.
Cordless Phones, baby monitors, microwave's...all cause interference...same 2.4 ghz freq.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250026-unstable-wireless-network-how-do-i-fix.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My problem is similar to the one tehnyl had in this recent thread I have the same router TP-Link TL-WR G and TRENDnet TEW- UB wireless adapter There were no internet connection problems when I was connected directly to my ISP s access Unstable connection wireless node by Unstable wireless connection the way PPPoE authorization via Unstable wireless connection cable But now I m constantly faced with connection problems when I listen to kb radio streams my bandwith is not supposed to be the reason see http www speedtest net result png I ran DSLReports Line Quality Tests last week http www dslreports com linequality nil http www dslreports com linequality nil http www dslreports com linequality nil No serious errors as you can see What is the cause of instability then Thanks in advance for any hints TP-Link TL-WR G specs Firmware Version Build Unstable wireless connection Rel n Hardware Version WR G G v C TRENDnet TEW- UB specs Version R Network Driver rtl b sys Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Build Service Pack nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

First off here is a basic description of my system -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c User Name Owner Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x unstable Wireless issue Motherboard Name Asus A V X-LA Kelut PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio Video LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset VIA VT A UniChrome KM A System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce AGP Monitor HP w Wide LCD Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter VIA AC Enhanced Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy Wireless unstable issue disk drive Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Wireless unstable issue Ultra-ATA Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Optical Drive HP DVD Writer c DVD x x x CD x x x DVD RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D FAT MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Enhanced Mulmedia PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter RangeMax NEXT Wireless Adapter WN B Modem Standard Modem Peripherals Printer Fax Printer hp psc series Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Printer Microsoft XPS Document Wireless unstable issue Writer USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Device hp psc series DOT USB USB Device hp psc series USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Device USB Printing Support And a description of the issue I am having I had a WG T netgear PCI card in my desktop and it worked fine until one day my system would just intermittantly freeze up total freeze-keyboard mouse everything frozen only thing would work holding down the power switch till it restarted system So after banging my head on the desk for days I began to relize this only happened when I was on the internet So decided to try a new network card and presto issue fixed Or so I thought Now what is happening is with this new netcard RangeMax NEXT Wireless Adapter WN B is intermitantly some times not once allday sometimes repeatedly allday all the sudden the little wireless icon on the taskbar will turn to red and I lose conection to the router was Ambit but guess now they are Ubee Wireless Cable Router Model DDW Now once this happens the only way I can re-establish connection is to restart the computer If when it is disconnected I go to try to repair it right-click icon select repair nothing happens and if I go to properties and try to enable card it says it is enabled and working with no issue s and if I try to select disable again nothing happens Have tried both the netgear and windows zero config same issue with both Also if I try to scan for wireless signals it detects none although there are a few in my area Now I have beeen on the phone to netgear and after trying to figure out the issue which is hard because of it s randomness netgear finnally said well just exchange it and see then So I exchanged it for identacial card and same issue By the way am crossing my fingers I get this posted before it happens again lol When it is fuctioning properly signal stregnth is excellent Also have noticed that the speed will drop as low as Mps allot And in a attempt to figure this out I used a program that captures communacations of the card and showed me a issue of quot Zero Window quot which I found very little information on the internet about I als... Read more

A:Wireless unstable issue

Thought I would add this might help(blocked out some items cause never know what a hacvker needs to get to me).
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : XXXXXXXXXXX
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Trailer:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : RangeMax™ NEXT Wireless Adapter W
N311B #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.17
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : XX.XXX.192.61
XX.XXX.224.36
XX.XXX.46.115
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, October 11, 2010 2:12:00 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, October 11, 2010 3:12:00 AM

Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-11
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : XXXX::XXXX:192.168.0.17%2
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352961/wireless-unstable-issue/
Relevancy 52.46%

The latest driver versions that have been released - drivers? Unstable Wireless Z50-70 LAN for the Lenovo Z - tend to be not functioning correctly on my laptop Any WiFi connection tends to be unstable and periodically be disrupted despite sitting right next to the router or I can't connect to the network from the start giving me the yellow exclamation mark symbol on the wifi icon on the task bar This Z50-70 - Unstable Wireless LAN drivers? is very frustrating because when I work I often use the printer and when the connection fails the printing will fail too and I have to start all over again and I haven't talked about voice conversations yet I have not encountered any issues until the Win anniversary update where I downloaded and installed all the latest driver version from the Lenovo support website For the wireless LAN it's currently this driver Supported SystemsIdeaPad Z Z Lenovo G - G - Lenovo G - Lenovo Z - Z - Is it possible something's wrong with these new drivers or is my WiFi hardware starting to fail despite that Lenovo Solution Center reports no hardware issues after the diagnostic tests PS in Device Manager the main WiFi device is calledQualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter running on driver version There's second WiFi driver device though next to a lot of WAN miniport thingies Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller running version older from I don't know why this second device is here because all connections seem to be running on the Atheros device according to the network center in windows' control panel but could it be interfering Thank you for your time and help will be appreciated Edit Only happens with WiFi not cable ethernet connections

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-70-Unstable-Wireless-LAN-drivers/td-p/3475152
Relevancy 52.46%

I am currently using a neighbours wireless network don't knbow exactly where it comes from but the connection is very unstable.

Hardware : TL-WN321G wireless adapter

I would lik to know if there is any way to boost the signal except aluminum foil wich i am using at the moment. Any software ?

Thanks to anyone who replies!

A:Unstable wireless connection

and you sleep well at night?

sorry -- as for me at lease, I will not assist you to hijack your neighbor's connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unstable-wireless-connection.101147/
Relevancy 52.46%

Dear Tech Guys I m admittedly not great with computers but I m trying to learn so here we go I m having trouble connecting to the wireless network in my new home using Windows Vista on a Dell Vostro Confounding factors My roommates are connecting without any problems The computer will connect occasionally but just as frequently disconnects so I m using internet through the wireless in frustrating minute intervals and I never know when it will decide to shut off or on again It is incredibly spotty My boyfriend tried to fix it a few days ago and I m not sure what he did or if it affected anything but for the past few days the wireless hasn t connected at all even for a few minutes like it was before The network sharing center shows me as being connected and getting great signal Vista Windows 1400 on Wireless vostro Dell connectivity problems: a but it Wireless connectivity problems: Windows Vista on a Dell vostro 1400 s clearly not I tried all of the options it has given me---resetting network adapters restarting the computer on multiple occasions but it still gives the same feedback that quot there is still a problem quot basically I tried walking through some of this http forums techguy org networking -solved-stuck-acquiring-network-address html and from what I can tell everything LOOKS fine In the past I have connected to other wireless networks without issue though things on my computer may have changed since then but I doubt it I m not sure what to do I have scoured the internet but to no avail Can anyone help me I d really appreciate it Thanks Sarah nbsp

A:Wireless connectivity problems: Windows Vista on a Dell vostro 1400

We need to have information please.

- Make and Exact model of Router, Modem or router/modem combination
- can you connect using a cable rather than wireless to the router - just to see if that works OK
- The other machines working without any issues - correct
- Do you have a Firewall - if so it may be blocking access - what firewall / security program do you have ?
- If using wireless, do you have Encryption - if so, Remove any wireless encryption from the router, and try to connect - post back results
- Most laptops have a wireless switch - some a physical switch other use a combination of the FN key + one of the F key to toggle on/off - make sure this is on

Please post back the results from below - you may need to copy into notepad and save on your PC and then copy to a working PC to post here

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
Download and install
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Wireless Profiles
- Vista:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
--

Wireless Profiles
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the pr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity-problems-windows-vista-on-a-dell-vostro-1400.909066/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I am going to try and help a friend tomorrow afternoon with a problem I thought I d try and get some advice as to what to check before I went Here s his situation He has desktops running XP running Win amp Network Wireless unstable Solved: laptop Vista He said that originally when he hooked up his network with just wireless computer amp hardwired computer over a year ago everything worked fine When he purchased another computer and tried adding it to the wireless connection he started Solved: Wireless Network unstable having problems The signal strength will show a good signal yet it says limited or no connectivity He said sometimes it worked and sometimed it didn t So he finally got frustrated and just hard wired the new computer into the router It was a Belkin router and he was using Belkin USB wireless adapters He added another computer and has recently moved the computers to an area where hard wiring isn Solved: Wireless Network unstable t really an option So he started having the same problems Solved: Wireless Network unstable He thought it was the router and went out and purchased a Belkin N router He said he s still having the same problems Sometimes all of the computers are connected sometimes they aren t He said that the signal is always showing strong but alot of times it will say limited or no connectivity He has WEP encryption but he said that he s even tried it without the encryption and he gets the same result All the desktops are running Belkin USB wireless adapters He said if he goes through the wireless setup by uninstalling and reinstalling the adapters it will work but the next day it may be messed up again I know this really isn t alot of information however I thought if someone could give me an idea as to what to try tomorrow I ll at least know where to start Could it be a problem with the USB adapters It doesn t seem like it would be the router because he s tried different ones The odd thing is even the new laptop with built in wireless does the same thing sometimes it s limited connectivity sometimes it isn t Please let me know what information I could gather to post here when I m there Thanks so much nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Network unstable

One thing that can cause those symptoms is to have multiple wireless utilities running. I assume the Belkin utility is an application and you can check in Task Manager to see if it is running. Windows XP's WZC is a service: Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services - look for Wireless Zero Configuration. I have heard that Vista has something similar, only worse.

Another good possibility is wireless interference, such as from another wireless network on the same or close channel or a 2.4Ghz cordless phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-unstable.608476/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey folks!

So my issue has been going on for a while now a while after I replaced the router from a DIR-535(If I recall) to a DIR-635. Now the problem resides in my computer however as it would seem that I randomly tend to loose internet acces and it only applies to my computer in the form of obviously loss of internet and the horrid warning triangel in the corner. I've tried removing and restarting the connection without any succes, I also tried to do a ipconfig /release /flushdns and /renew but it didnt seem to do anything either, basically been throwing attempts at a wall to see what works.

As far as the actual card goes it's a Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter.

A:Laptop Wireless connection unstable

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver (from your PC manufacturer's web site if that is an integrated adapter).

For when you have a good connection and for when the problem occurs ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-connection-unstable.1006614/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, my company just bought a ThinkPad E460. After starting it and setting it up I had problems with the WiFi. WiFi networks are showing with low signal and if I connect I will have superslow og no network at all. I know the network at work is working since no one else is complaining. I have tried the different WiFi drivers on Lenovo homepage for this model but the problem is just the same. What can I do?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E460-Wireless-slow-and-unstable/td-p/3428224
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

I have been experiencing some problem with my internet connection.
While i am playing League of Legend (online game) my WIRELESS internet's RSSI seems to be unstable. When i am not playing, it becomes stable again.

Here is a screenshot using inSSID (in the beigining im playing, and the end i am not):

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that i live in a busy neighbourhood.
There are a lot of wireless internet connections around
And ingame, i can reach over 3000 ping +

A:UNSTABLE wireless netwok (adapter) LoL

With all those wireless channels in the area there is bound to be some crossover which will decrease the available bandwidth.

Have you tried using wireless channels that are furthest away from the ones your neighbors are using?

You are going to have some channel overlap either way but you can increase the quality of the connection by using the best possible channels. Channel 1, 6 and 11 are the best ones if someone isn't using them already.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221306-unstable-wireless-netwok-adapter-lol.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey :

I have a wireless ADSL Modem given to me by ISP, and I have no money to get a better one for now. My signal is erratic & unstable cannot find any corner of my new house where signal is.

Is there any way @ all I can boost and stabilize the signal ? Plz I have reached a critical point and cannot take it anymore

Here's what my modem looks like :

Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having issues since I started using wireless, when playing games (does not matter which, I will always get these lag spikes) where the game will freeze and treadmil (everybody will walk in spot) then unfreeze, this will happen multiple times and is very annoying, making games close to unplayable

I'd like to know why this is happening and how to fix it, it's quite urgent, thank you

A:Wireless network unstable, lag spikes, etc

What is your internet service plan, modem/router, computer, video, ram,...this really isn't a guessing game...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269757-wireless-network-unstable-lag-spikes-etc.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm living in a rental basement using their wireless internet. I started to notice a large fluctuation in my signal quality. It would jump from full 5 bars to 2 and back and forth.

What determines how strong my signal is? I know distance is highly affecting the quality but it does seem weird when I can get a full 5 bar signal but it just fluctuates instead of being a stable 3 or 4 bar.

Any ideas of how to improve my signal quality either on my computer, around my room and/or their router?

Thanks in advance

A:Unstable Wireless Signal Quality

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver and make sure the antenna leads are secure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstable-wireless-signal-quality.1014377/
Relevancy 52.03%

If you have an HP desktop running on windows vista that has a wireless adapter that is giving you limited connectivity, or local signal only, then I have the solution for you. Simply restore your computer to a time before you updated it to Service Package 2. You can also restore it to the way it came. Either way you have to make sure you do not update it to Service Package 2 or you will get the error message again. I am not a computer know-it-all but I simply wrote this so that people do not have to go through the same frustration that I did to fix this problem. Thank you for reading this and good luck.

A:HP desktop running on windows vista wireless adapter limited connectivity solution

Telling Windows Vista users to revert from SP2 back to SP1 is very bad advice.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/smallbus...pcoming-end-of-support-windows-vista-sp1.aspx

If you're having problems with a wireless adapter, there are ways to deal with it.

Since your computer is a desktop, I have to assume that you installed a wireless add-on card or are using a USB wireless adapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-desktop-running-on-windows-vista-wireless-adapter-limited-connectivity-solution.998663/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys I have a Linksys router which I had some problems setting up but finally got the router configured Here s the deal once I start using the wireless connection with my laptop it starts out working great then seems to slow down after a half hour or so and then eventually stops working altogether Not only that but simply resetting the modem by unplugging and plugging it back in doesn t seem to help things I have to go back and completely reconfigure my router before it will work again It sucks In fact unstable wireless connections have always been a problem for me but this time its even more annoying since it isn t as simple as a quick unplug replug of the modem Can you help me solve my original problem with the router And if possible are there any tips you can give me Solved: using connection unstable wireless when router? to make my wireless connection more stable It shouldn t be a problem with the modem when the modem is plugged directly in a computer it will stay connected and fast for days on end Thanks so much guys nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Windows and connection wireless Unstable signal strength user Hi I use Charter internet service mbps Unstable wireless connection and signal strength It s always gotten disconnected once every other week Recently though it s giving me a headache It constantly disconnects and reconnects as frequently as every seconds Only rarely does it stay connected for hours The speed has become very unreliable too Sometimes the test shows over mbps then after the next reconnection it goes down to less than mbps Here is some information that could be useful to you experts -Very high internet activity Sent received data amount soars as soon as internet is connected One time it was after browsing a few pages I visit regularly -No torrent or messenger used Just Firefox and Avira Unstable wireless connection and signal strength antivirus -Add-ons Flash player Java Quicktime Nothing out of ordinary -The network name is always on the list It only says quot connecting Unstable wireless connection and signal strength quot when disconnected -It seems to work fine on desktop although I can t be sure because I almost never use it -The cable modem and wireless router look fine All the lights are on nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Everything was working My son has a USB nintendo wireless connector that stopped working when i added my wireless router as switch I tried to give the switch a new IP and in doing so everything just Router Wireless Wired & unstable connection went to hell even after resetting everything back This is how it was setup before I messed around it worked properly Cable Modem connected to WIRED DLINK DI- IP DI- then connects to WIRELESS router DLINK DIR- configured as switch ip The wire from the first router is plugged into Port of the Wireless Wired & Wireless Router unstable connection The INTERNET port on the wireles is not used I have computers connected one wireless N to the wireless router now switch ports amp The all have unique IP s to Can anyone confirm if this configuration is correct At the moment it is still good but I have had to Release Renew several times this morning the one thing I Wired & Wireless Router unstable connection noticed was the DNS server was sometimes changing to after I renewed it went back to I have unplugged everything and reconnected in sequence starting at the Modem This is how the quot working quot configuration looks DHCP Enabled YES Autoconfig Enabled YES IP to Subnet Default Gateway DHCP DNS Edit I logged into the DIR and UNchecked quot Enable DNS relay quot now I ll see if it helps thanks for your replies nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have this problem with my laptop If i am using a cable to connect to the internet and then unplug it and switch to wireless connection the internet connection gets unstable when to cable from internet connection changing wireless Unstable The thing is it says it is connected to the right wireless connection AND it claims to have internet connection - And i do - for Unstable internet connection when changing from cable to wireless a few minutes If i deactivate activate the wireless internet i am able to surf around for a few minutes again but then it does the same thing again - shows up as having internet connection but im unable to connect to it Strangest thing is that i am sometimes able to connect to the internet ONLY if another computer is using the wireless internet too It still shows up as recieving a nice signal with internet access even though i cant connect to the internet The same problem also occurs sometimes when im switching from one wireless connection at home etc to another work etc I've had this problem for a few months now Comming to think of it i might have had this problem ever since i got my laptop Rebooting my computer fixes it every time but it's not a permanent solution Im running original Windows Home Premium x which came with the laptop Also im not using static ip or anything like that - switching to static ip doesn't do the trick Running ipconfig all command from cmd also shows me as connected to the right router The problem occurs every time i switch between cable and wireless and not only at my home or work but also at friends I'm not sure if i need to leave any more details if i've left anything out just let me know Hope you guys can help me out thanks in advance Edit Also im sorry if this is a thread comming up here a lot I've been searching for a solution to this problem for a long time but i don't really know what to search for or how to narrow it down so i decided to try my luck out here

A:Unstable internet connection when changing from cable to wireless

It's almost certainly the settings on your WiFi adapter, unless you are in a really congested WiFi zone or your WiFi signal is very weak.

Step one; Open Control Panel, then Device Manager, look for Network Adapters, expand the list to show your ethernet and WiFi adapters. Right click on the WiFi adapter. Choose properties, and look under in particular the Advanced and the Power Management tabs. Turn off "allow this device to be turned off when not in use" under Power Management. In the advanced tab I cannot predict what your options will be as it's adapter specific - and in 90% of cases these adapters are set at failsafe values instead of optimal values.

Step two; Google the optimised settings for your adapter, or refer to the user documentation, and change anything which is handicapping it.

If problems aren't solved at this stage look in your Router or Access Point's settings. Try different channels. See whether the router (and adapter) are set to B,G,N protocols and adjust as necessary.

Should this not solve the problem then post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209645-unstable-internet-connection-when-changing-cable-wireless.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I bought this computer last June and couple months ago problem started.

Problem 1 : System suddenly stop and non of the keyboard or mouse work.
Problem 2 : At time of booting, it freeze and need to hard restart by pushing power botton
Problem 3 : More than half of the time computer doesn't connect through wireless and device manager shows there is no wireless adaptor

[personal information removed] and product number is J5R51AV

To fix the problem, I tried to upgrade window 7 to 10 which was not helpful.
Also tried format to the manufacture setting which was not helpful and interestingly it still have window 10 instead of 7.

Any advice will be really appreciate.

A:Pavilion 17 - unstable, frozen at time of booting, wireless ...

You have a 1yr warranty which will soon expire. This sounds like a hardware problem that I would have addressed asap. Fill out the form here to start a support ticket:https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Pavilion-17-f000-Notebook-PC-series/6936220/model... Or call HP Support. >Contact HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-17-unstable-frozen-at-time-of-booting-wireless/td-p/5620964
Relevancy 50.74%

Just did a "nuke and pave" on my son's Toshiba laptop.

(Windows XP)

Says connected to wireless with good signal strength.

BUT can't get any access...

Can't access internet sites.

Can't access router by typing router IP address into EI

Can't Ping router IP address (times out)

What to try?

A:Solved: Got wireless cGot wireless connectivity but can't access internet

Never mind---

The first thing to try is to jiggle the handle.

Disconnected/reconnected

Now works fine..

Go figure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-got-wireless-cgot-wireless-connectivity-but-cant-access-internet.895315/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have had the WRT N for about a year now and it seems to be working fine until about weeks ago I did not change anything on my notebook nor on the router setup The only connection and signal in dropping quality constant Wireless unstable thing that i can think of is that I have recently purchased a diNovo Mini keyboard from logitech But i dont think thats the reason for this The problem is that while the LAN connections are fine without any unstability the wireless signal always drops for like seconds and return to normal I have tried downloading some files on Wireless connection unstable and constant dropping in signal quality both LAN and wireless and i can clearly see that there is no dropping in signal for the LAN but when i see the wireless it keeps going down to kps and then returning back to normal speed I am currently using custom firmwareD-WRT v -sp std Also both machines are using windows professional edition And i have just finished running the Wireless connection unstable and constant dropping in signal quality quot check for updated Wireless connection unstable and constant dropping in signal quality driver quot on my adapter and it said it that my current driver is up-to-date already Does anyone know how to solve this problme if so please shine a light to me because this is really getting annoying

A:Wireless connection unstable and constant dropping in signal quality

Could be that someone else close by began using wireless 2 weeks ago and is causing channel crossover. Use the inSSIDer Wi-Fi Scanner tool to see the channels in use around you. Choose an alternate channel with less crossover and you should see better, more constant connection.

Post back to let us know if this helps with your issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/88009-wireless-connection-unstable-constant-dropping-signal-quality.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there I have two XP Pro laptops connected to my wireless router at home One of them is a year old Fujitsu Amilo Intel Core Duo with Intel wireless adapter The other a new Fujitsu Lifebook AH Intel i with Intel Centrino Wireless N adapter The connection of the old laptop seems very stable even when it is far from the router The connection of the new laptop is very unstable I installed quot connection monitor quot on both and set it up to monitor the connection to the router On the newer laptop the replay time varies from to ms and connection seems to freeze and restart Connection to the DNS is very slow and is often interrupted On the old laptop I can see the replay time steady around ms Unstable one rock Solved: wireless - another laptop for solid connection for however the number of brief disconnects is high Solved: Unstable wireless connection for one laptop - rock solid for another without affecting the internet browsing experience though The router is set to a clean channel The computer settings are almost identical and both adapters are updated to the latest drivers The performance though is much different Any ideas what could cause the new laptop which was bought to replace the old to have such a bad wireless connection Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Unstable wireless connection for one laptop - rock solid for another

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unstable-wireless-connection-for-one-laptop-rock-solid-for-another.1017332/
Relevancy 50.31%

I m using a belkin modem wireless router When the wireless connection speed is mbps i can surf the web But it often drops to mbps and sometimes even mbps When it does this i cant surf the web Every time this happens i need to repair my connection After that I would be able to surf for a few minutes Then the speed drops again I d have to repeat the same thing over the often unstable.Speed drops Wireless to surf and web. unable connection and over again And my pc which is connected via ethernet connection directly to the modem router works just fine When i called belkin s tech support they asked me to change from WPA to WEP After i did this the problem became worse My laptop cant even connect to the router I dont know whether it s the router or the dsl connection Bcoz i ve used linksys and netgear before and the same problem occurred back then but not as frequent as now So can anyone help me with this problem nbsp

A:Wireless connection unstable.Speed often drops and unable to surf the web.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-unstable-speed-often-drops-and-unable-to-surf-the-web.766109/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just recently bought an Asus G JT and I ve been having some issues with the wireless internet right off the bat this computer is the only one with the problem ruling out the connection or router being bad The wireless card connects to the router well enough Newly Bought Through Computer Solved: Internet Wireless Unstable Card on even regular browsing is possible however any streaming of video is unbearably choppy and downloads frequently fail or break I even had Solved: Unstable Internet Through Wireless Card on Newly Bought Computer an extreme amount of difficulty getting the internet to hold together long enough to download the first batch of updates Downloads and internet usage was improved in safe mode with networking so I m not thinking that it is bad hardware although if it is Solved: Unstable Internet Through Wireless Card on Newly Bought Computer figuring out soon would be best Despite the problems I m having if I ping a website on a loop I don t see any lost packets or notable increase in ping time So far the only work-around I ve found is run my wireless card in b mode however this is obviously not desirable According to speedtest net when I wasn t in b mode my ping was ms with mbps down and up So far I have renewed ipconfig reset the winsock catalog reinstalled the drivers tried older drivers turned off any power saving features for the wireless card uninstalled and promptly reinstalled after testing antivirus software removed and readded the device in device manager and played around with just about every configuration I could think of in the driver The only software that has been installed up to this point is avast steam classic shell and chrome The operating system is windows The wireless card is an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC My router is a netgear WNR v I have attached the output from msinfo if anyone wants a more detailed listing of my hardware configuration I m honestly a bit stumped here Since this is essentially a fresh OEM install I don t think a reformat would be of much use here About all I can think of is that my wireless card and router don t play nice I d appreciate any ideas and apologize for the length of this post The output from TSG SysInfo is pasted below I don t think it will be of any use though Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC G JT Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:Solved: Unstable Internet Through Wireless Card on Newly Bought Computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unstable-internet-through-wireless-card-on-newly-bought-computer.1137339/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello

I just setup a wireless router today. Netgear WGT624 v3 wireless router. I got it to work earlier but the connectivity keeps dropping. My wireless router and laptop were near each other so its not a distance issue. My other issue is I have my PC connected to the wireless router on one of the ports and I am unable to access the internet. I see a strong connection on the router. I get an IP address on the PC but when trying to access the internet it says page cannot be displayed. If I unplug my connection from the wireless router and put it back into the PC I can connect without a problem. I hope this is not too confusing.

Relevancy 46.01%

hi,
recently i installed windows 7 ultimate in my netbook ie samsung np n150 plus but i dont find wireless connectivity , i tried many drivers but it doesnt work for me , please help..

A:no wireless connectivity

Seen this several times lately, the correction has typically been removing third party security/AV and just using MSE instead.
Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/154447-no-wireless-connectivity.html
Relevancy 46.01%

so im running windows 7 on a Compaq cq57 notebook. I use an Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter adaptor. up to recently I have had no connectivity issues, but recently my wifi connection has been on and off to the point I have to be virtually next to
the router to get an internet connection.
anyone with ideas what the problem could be. I have tried the standard methods. updating network drivers and so on.

please advise this is now really a bore.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9ac00041-fec3-4ecc-9ec4-a34caede3ef5/wireless-connectivity?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.01%

XP home, SP3. Dlink G650 Adapter card. On the road at 2 separate networks on boot of laptop "One or more wireless networks detected withing range of this computer" but on "View network connections" choose a wireless network" there are no networks listed and I get the message "No wireless networks were found within range." This while seated 5 feet from the routers. On direct connection to the routers there is no problem in connecting to the net. It seems the adapter card must be working to detect the router signal, yet it fails to link. What gives? Other laptops can connect with no problem.

Relevancy 46.01%

hey whasts up i use a wireless gateway through att 2wire to get onn the net i have a wireless network card in my cpu and regular one 2 before i installed vista i had xp i always had excellent 54mbps connection and i share my connection with my xbox no problems but with vista i get worse connections and i can barely play on xbxo thinkijng about going back to xp enless i can figure this out thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/241807-wireless-connectivity.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have been having an issue with my HP Pavillion DV laptop this thing is a mess since I bought it It was my first laptop and weeks into it I had to send it out and have the screen replaced because of bad pixels in the lcd Ever since then the operating system has been corrupted and I had to install Wireless connectivity? an additional copy of XP PRO i had lying around compared to the previous Windows Media XP Wireless connectivity? My issue is that it will pick up wireless networks and connect to the saying quot excellent quot signal strength however it will only send packets and receive quot quot I can not ping my own network address its error message is quot destination host unreachable quot I can not ping any websites and Wireless connectivity? what not I can not access the router but the router is reading the wireless connection If I connect through CAT I am fine This issue occurs also at my office and I can not figure out why Any help would be great All Wireless connectivity? settings are the default settings for the computer I use the same config on any other computer I setup for wireless connectivity and this issue has got me on all fours with my tail between my legs I have a linksys router at home and a netgear router at my office Some constructive critisizm would be great Thank you in advance for help nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I recently had to reinstall XP and all the drivers for my friend's laptop but it seems it does not recognize any wireless connections. When I click the Choose a wireless network it says "No wireless networks were found in range" however I can use my laptop just fine.

I clicked the network adapter and it says everything is running fine so I am not sure what the issue is. Please assist me on how I can fix this and get the wireless internet working.

Thanks in advance.

A:No wireless connectivity

Try changing the wireless channel on your router to a higher number.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/no-wireless-connectivity-617911.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I can get connected to a wireless server (like Starbucks) but I cant get on the web thru internet explorer.

A:wireless connectivity

Did you enter your T-Mobile account information?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity.473440/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys kindly help i have downgraded back to windows 8.1 as windows 10 was not working well for me, after the downgrade i noticed my wifi stopped working its connecting but giving limited connectivity when i try troubeshooting its saying something wrong with drivers of the wifi adaptor and ethernet i have tried installing other drivers still no luckkindly advice asap

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Wireless-connectivity/td-p/5652227
Relevancy 46.01%

I usually HِDMI cable to connect the laptop to my TV using.
I used Samsung AllShare software for this purpose But just to be able to play music, photos and movies and
Like the cable does not work!!

is there the way to Wireless connectivity for laptops & TV?

A:Wireless Connectivity

Who does not know about it

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/337691-wireless-connectivity.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Have a Dell Dimension 5100. With a Netgear WG111v2 wireless adaptor. The wireless connection started failing about 1 week ago (router is fine as other wired and wireless internet connections work well). Erratically, the wireless connection will restore and then disconnect again. Mostly it won't connect wirelessly (wired ethernet connection is fine...but i'm running 50 feet of Cat5 cable for this).

I just today started getting a the following message in a box under the WG111v2 heading: "Open Settings.rtf file failed!" --but i can just click OK a couple of times and seems to have no consequence.

Also, the printer (HP 6980 desk jet) connected to PC via USB, sometimes is not recognized by the PC. This is usally fixed thru a reboot.
I run AVG anti-virus and Malwarebytes spyware and both say all is OK.

Any ideas?

Try uninstalling your wireless adapter in device manager then rebooting your computer and reinstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity.1081996/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am attempting to connect to a wireless unsecured network.  It shows 4 bars and 72 mbps but then tells me that the "wireless network does not have a valid IP configuration".  When I pull up the connection screen it show IPv4 "no internet access"  When I open the window to Type in the network name and change the Icon I am blocked.  I picked this up before, it is a public wireless in a restaurant.  How do I get a valid IP configuration?  Thanks for dealing with a novice.

First of all - welcome to BC !

Wi-fi connection from a computer of any sort to the internet is in two parts. The first is from your computer to the router, the second is from the router to the ISP, usually by telephone line.

The four bars and 72mbps relates to your connection to the router, which appears to be solid. The 'no internet access' relates to your connection from the router to the ISP. It may be you need to log-on to their system in some way.

I work as a volunteer instructor with a local group, meeting twice a week - once in a bar (!) and once in a cafe, using public wi-fi in both. It turns out to be exactly the same system in both places and everybody using the wi-fi connection has to log in with their e-mail address and a password to use it. Have you tried asking the manager how you get on-line?

Of course, if you were able to connect previously but can't now, it may be because their connection is down. Oh, and when you do get on-line there, since it is a public system - don't do anything sensitive while you are connected to it !

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538557/wireless-connectivity/
Relevancy 46.01%

good evening all,

i have a brand new toshiba laptop connected wirelessly. however it keeps showing connected however no internet access.
any ideas?
i have a notebook as well that is brand new and it connects no problems what so ever.

im using windows 7 home premium and 64 bit os.

please help before i return it

thanks

Hi Roland Rat,
Not sure if this is the fix you need but recently my Toshiba Laptop lost it's wireless connection and after applying my knowledge to wireless issues, nothing worked. I continued to find info as I knew someone would eventually have a fix. After an exhausting Google search, I soon discovered the illuminated lights above the row of F keys at the top of the keyboard was one that had the wireless antenna. Under that apparently is a button that I must of pressed on when cleaning my keyboard. So if you have the same setup, push on that antenna and see if that helps....Good Luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146303-wireless-connectivity.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My old linksys G router finally failed We replaced it with a belkin wireless N router I had to buy a N wireless card and got the linksys one Installed it My computer sits less than feet from the router yet the best i can get is mps When I first installed it it ran great now its running crappy and video is slow heres the problem or part of it This is a system upgrade Basicaly start from scratch New MB Case etc only the HD cd drives and keyboard are orginal ASUS M a -m Mother board AMD Atholon II X CPU gigs ram Ghz had to install it with wireless system to get upgrades Cannot get windows wirless stuff to work and am relying on what i think is poor software from linksys to monitor the connection With wireless N I should be reading mps connection wireless connectivity on Low N this close to the router am I correct Any help apprecated nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Last week I purchased a Lenovo Ideapad - IBD with Windows i McAfee LiveSave and a LAN wireless Half Mini Card PCI Express bgn x During the first days the internet wireless connection was medium-slow but these past days it became really slow and kept disconnecting nbsp In the same room I have an older Ideapad s with Windows which perfectly connects to the internet the signal gets or bars out of whereas the Ideapad gets bar out of nbsp So I brought my new Ideapad close to the wifi modem and it got bars out of HOW can it be that the newer Ideapad has lower connectivity than all of the laptops I've had connectivity wireless Low in the past years nbsp Is there something Low wireless connectivity I can do to fix this without creating more problems to my laptop I'm not a technician nbsp PLEASE help because I did not spend euros to get a laptop with such crappy connectivity and honestly it's giving me suicidal thoughts Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Low-wireless-connectivity/td-p/3475574
Relevancy 46.01%

My laptop has suddenly stopped connecting to Wifi. It is as if the WiFi connectivity has been disabled. I am not in flight Mode and I cannot find a WiFi button or switch on my keyboard. Windows diagnostics is giving me no help. Also if I press the Action Centre button (bottom right on Task Bar) the box containing the WiFi button is greyed out! Any activity requiring interest access is telling me that I'm not connected. All my other devices, Tablets, Smartphones are connecting perfectly. Help please!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-connectivity/td-p/5785399
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I am writing to inform that at Windows startup I am not connected to the internet I left click on the wifi signal bars icon in bottom right taskbar and it shows my wifi home network but can t connect to it Wireless Connectivity when I try I right click on the wifi signal bars icon in bottom right taskbar and I left click on open network and sharing center It says no connections listed or available Every time at start up I have to run the troubleshooting and it scans for issues Then it says quot Network was not properly plugged in or has been disconnected quot quot Detected quot quot Issue fixed quot There have been times when I run the troubleshooting network connection and it only granted me the options of Network setup or explore more options I have tried going to device manager and doing update driver option for each network adapter but it says quot Your driver is up to date quot I even tried right clicking each network adapter and clicking on properties to find out if the driver is working properly It says it Wireless Connectivity is I have the following adapters Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller What Wireless Connectivity is causing this issue and how can I fix it nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I have got a laptop , need to know how Can I be connected to internet , ie wireless , no broadband .. in the cheapest way..... like mobile connect or something else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connectivity.150902/
Relevancy 46.01%

My Presario cq56 isn't connecting to the internet through wireless connection, it would write 'no internet access' and i've tried the troubleshooting and got the message "windows cannot communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)"........it makes me sick cause i only get to connect through wifi, any response is highly appreciated, thanks in advance

A:Wireless connectivity

Hi @ayoola_ib, Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I grasp that you are unable to connect to your wireless network.  Please see these steps by @Great-Deku-Tree for assistance. First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Power cycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right- click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right- click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Hopefully this helps!  Please let me know the outcome. To express appreciation for my post please click the ?Thumbs Up Icon?.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-connectivity/td-p/5674741
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm at my brother's house. He has AT&T UVerse. His IPad will connect wirelessly, as will my Galaxy S6. But his laptop won't. It doesn't see it in the tray, but it sees a neighbor's AT&T connection. Please advise. As always, much appreciated - Shep

Oh yeah, laptop is a HP G71-34OUS Notebook. adaptor is Intel 1000 BGN

A:AT&T wireless connectivity

From a cmd prompt type netsh wlan show networks can it be seen then?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/125425-t-wireless-connectivity.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an HP Pavilion a1400e and the wireless keeps starting and stopping. Also the sound works for the headsets but does not work if headsets are not plugged in even though nothing is muted and all volume controls are turned on. Please advise.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi i am having a problem with my wireless internet connection From time to Wireless Connectivity time i find i am unable to open webpages connect to MSN messenger services or any other internet activities however my wireless connection reports that it is still connected When i try to repair the connection the process get stuck at quot disabling wireless network adaptor quot The only way to reconnect is to restart the computer I cannot find the problem and have decided to post my hijack this log just incase Quote Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Wireless Connectivity WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN Wireless Connectivity EXE C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTBDaemon exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe C Program Files Keyboard Driver OEMDriver exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MSI Core Center CoreCenter exe C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirPlus exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Tweaks HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk webhp source lient amp ie UTF- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - D E - A E- DFB- E-AAB F BD - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - BHO no name - AE- - E F- F - F CC - C WINDOWS DNSCache dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar eBay Toolbar - AD -F A- D-BD -B CC DF CE - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Camfrog Toolbar - AF A C A- AED- E - BA -D EB E - C Program Files Camfrog CamfrogBar CamfrogBar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run eBayToolbar C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTBDaemon exe O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run KBDriver C Program Files Keyboard Driver OEMDriver exe O - HKLM Run SNPSTD C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe quot O - Global Startup CoreCenter lnk C Program Files MSI Core Center CoreCenter exe O - Global Startup D-Link AirPlus G Configuration Utility lnk O - Extra context menu item amp eBay Search - res C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTb dll RCSearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Download Using amp BitSpirit - C Program Files BitSpirit bsurl htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra cont... Read more

Your issue does not appear to be malware related...however...

You are using an outdated version of Hijack This. Please delete your current version and download HijackThis. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\

Please post a new log with the updated version.

Try to release /renew the IP addys of the system.

Start>Run>type cmd and press enter

type

ipconfig /release *Con*

Press Enter

wait for it to do so

then type

ipconfig /renew

Press Enter

Let me know how you make out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/wireless-connectivity-102148.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just won a laptop at my work's x-mas party and have a heck of a time trying to connect the wireless It's Vista obviously and this is my first Help: Wireless Connectivity time using this OS Looks a bit different from my XP Laptop is a Vista Home Premium SP Router WRK G is a bit older but still works fine First off I can connect to the internet with my XP laptop via Ethernet and wireless Help: Wireless Connectivity The Vista can connect via Ethernet Also wireless when unencrypted but not when encrypted I went into my router and copied the password So I know I'm entering it in right When I Help: Wireless Connectivity try to connect the error I get is quot The wireless authentication settings on this computer do not match the requirements of the network quot The router settings are all default with the exception Help: Wireless Connectivity of a password to access the router and encrypted the router These are the wireless security settings when I diagnose the problem Searched but maybe not hard enough I got a headache now Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/197328-help-wireless-connectivity.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi

so i installed vista and tried to get my wireless network going.. I have been able to connect to the network but have not been able to get an ip address and surf the net. Is this problem vista related to something wrong with my network (ie. no more available ip addresses? currently there are 2 other comps on the network and they all are connected)

thanks

What computer do you own?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56127/wireless-connectivity/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi guys

im having problem of connecting with wireless workstation and server. my workstation is using d-link wireless air plus network card and my wireless point is using blw-04em.
sometimes my workstation can get signal from wireless point and sometimes cant.
q1- how do i solve this problem?
q2- why this problem can occur?

I swapped the Q's around because in order to fix it you have to know what is happening with wireless -

q2- why this problem can occur?Click to expand...

A number of factors - Including and not limted to environment (type of structure I.E. is it open floorplan? are there walls? What are the walls made of? Are there any types of lines going through the wall that may release EMF or anything that interferes with Wi-Fi?, location I.E. are you close to the router or far away from the router the farther out you go the worse the signal gets and will cut out as well as some routers are known to cut out if your right next to them wirelessly as well, What else is wireless in the area I.E. do you have cordless phones using the same band that your wi-fi is? Is there a neighbor using the same band you are and they are competing? lastly there is computer problems I.E. has anyone else come over with Wifi and worked just absolutely fine on it when you can't? Have you taken you wireless workstation to another location and seen if it works just fine somewhere else?

q1- how do i solve this problem?

Once you have all that down then you need to do some troubleshooting. Maybe move the PC around a little to find the best wireless location for it to be, Maybe check the channel your wireless is broadcasting on in the router and change it. Maybe if your at the edge of your signal buy a repeater or access point and wire it closer. If its the PC portion you may have to do some uninstalling and installing of software t make it work right.

Overall your going to want to provide ALOT more information if your wanting step by step walkthroughs and troubleshooting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity.440913/
Relevancy 46.01%

So I got my wireless network to work. I am able to successfully use my laptop wirelessly and browse the internet on my PC. I have noticed every 2 days I have to reboot my dsl modem and wireless router otherwise I will not be able to use my laptop wirelessly or on the PC. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Relevancy 46.01%

hello connectivity wireless every body i have problem encountered with my wireless connection since i changed my os from vista to win when i was using vista os i have not yet encountered any problem with my wireless connection until wireless connectivity i changed it to win as i said my problem was my wireless connection bet my msi laptop and my linksys router precisely knew that my linksy router has no problem since my other laptop can connect the problem with my msi laptop was every time i open it can t detect my linksys router what i did in order can detect was uninstalled the driver and reboot my pc and thats the time it could detect wireless connectivity my router and it works all thru out the day any body could help me coz everyday thats always the sceraio which need to uninstalled the driver before i can connect to my router note my wireless driver wireless connectivity was atuomatically installed after rebooting my pc tnx nbsp

Click "Report" and request that your Thread be moved to the "Networking" Forum, if a helpful response isn't forthcoming here within 24 hrs.

{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity.972957/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I am new to this forum Also kind of new Wireless connectivity to computers I have a wireless internet connection problem and I m sorry if Wireless connectivity I can t explain everything properly but I will do my best My housemate has a wireless router which connects to her laptop no problem The internet on the PC in the house is working fine So I bought a laptop and I am having a problem getting on to the network Both her computers are McIntosh and she is running windows live I have Windows home premium If that makes any difference Also I have the option to connect to her network and the password but it s not working I ve tried following the support assistant on the PC I ve reset the router and still nothing My laptop says Problems found Problem with wireless adapter or access point How do I check what the problem is I know I am just a girl but I need help too nbsp

A:Wireless connectivity

10r said:

Also, kind of new to computers. ...
Also, I have the option to connect to her network and the password but it's not working.

I've tried following the support assistant on the PC. I've reset the router and still nothing.
My laptop says Problems found: Problem with wireless adapter or access point.

How do I check what the problem is?

I know I am just a girl but I need help too.Click to expand...

Fine; I promise - - GENDER is not the issue :wave:

Macs and PCs can co-exist nicely so don't fret on that issue either.

Let's gather some info for a baseline:
please report manufacture and model number of the common router
also report the Windows Version/Edition/SP level
eg: Windows XP / PRO / SP3
Windows 7 / Pro / sp?
and try to document your WiFi adapter see below

[*] right-click My Computer -> (meaning goto ) Manage
click Device Manager
find [+] Network Adapters in the right pane and click on the [+]
one entry will contain blah Wireless blah
copy that line precisely and then

follow-up with a-thru-c

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connectivity.150655/
Relevancy 46.01%

help!! i have just upgraded my broadband package to 50 mbps, and am only achieving =-20mbps wirelessly. i was told by my provider that my Dell xps m1330 needs an upgraded wireless card to achieve
this speed. my computer is not new, but is a high end laptop.

Hi willoc,welcome to the forums, I have the Dell XPS m1730 laptop,the wireless card in that is the Intel Pro/wireless 4965AGN, this acheives 57mbps from a 60mbps feed ,which card do you have in your laptop? also what are you using for a router ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283458-wireless-connectivity.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an HP laptop that lost wireless connectivity. It cannot see any of the networks available in the area. When I try to repair the connection, it says that a switch on the front or side of the machine is off. I was not aware of any switch. How should I try to proceed?

rockczar,

The f-12 on my HP laptop turns the wireless off and on.

Dan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368415/wireless-connectivity/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, I have two PC's and a laptop that I am trying to network. One PC is connected to the back of my wireless router by Ethernet and connects fine, the laptop is in another room and is connecting via wireless just fine.

My second PC has an Realtek 8185 wireless NIC card and it cannot connect. When I check the properties of my wireless connection and click OK, the network activates and say the signal is strong and it recognizes the network but I still cannot connect, then it deactivates on its own. I also cannot ping anything from this machine or run ipconfig.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I suspect its yor firewall - but if you could answer and post the test below

We need to have information please.

- Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
- Make and Exact model of Router, Modem or router/modem combination
- Do you have a Firewall - if so it may be blocking access - what firewall / security program do you have ?
- If using wireless, do you have Encryption - if so, Remove any wireless encryption from the router, and try to connect - post back results
- What Windows version is on the PC
- Can you connect the machine directly to the router and see if that works

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Download and install
you will need to copy onto the PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
IF using wireless try this
Wireless Profiles
- Vista:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
--

Wireless Profiles
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start
control panel
network connections
right click on the wireless connection listed
wireless networks tab
in the preferred network list
click on each one and - remove button

----------------------------------------------------------------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity.909532/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Everyone So connectivity Wireless no or Low I ve found similar issues Wireless Low or no connectivity in the forum and have attempted to follow those instructions but nothing seems to work I have a qwest -wire router with one system PC connecting via ethernet another system mac connecting via wireless and my kids Xbox connecting via wireless My laptop just recently stopped connecting to the wireless network When I first got my DSL service I set up the network and set up the laptop to connect this worked fine for about months now it only can see the wireless it can connect but it says it is connected with limited or no connectivity My lap top is a Dell Latitude D running XP Pro SP with an Intel PRO Wireless GB I have successfully connected to the network via ethernet with no problems its just when I try the wireless that the problems occur Also the wireless works just fine on my networks in the office It seems there is some disconnect or confusion between my laptop and my wireless home network When connected to the wireless I run ipconfig all and it seems to get partial Wireless Low or no connectivity IP data but is missing the default gateway and the primary IP isn t one which I recognize as being associated with my router or anywhere in my network is this normal Is the router ethernet IP different than the router wireless IP I run the same ipconfig all while connected via ethernet and I get all needed data primary IP netmask gateway and all are IP s which I recognize as being associated with my network I m not sure how to proceed can some one please Wireless Low or no connectivity help I m loosing my mind here thanks Dom nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

IBM T42p
Win XP, Professional version

Live in 2-storey building. Friend downstairs recently installed DSL Service with Wirless N router. I have been given the access code but getting very poor (slow) connection. Yet, when he brings his laptop upstairs there is no connection problem.

Is this a hardware issue? Would adding an adapter or a router help? I wish to avoid a separate DSL subscription.

Kindly assist.

A:Wireless Connectivity Problem

In general terms of service of an ISP restrict service to one household. We do not help with attempts to violate these terms. Closing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity-problem.1054477/
Relevancy 45.58%

My parents just bought a laptop that the store "guaranteed" would be wireless internet capable. It isn't, or at least not to my ability, and I've had alot of experience with these things...

So, the laptop is running Windows XP Home, Hp pavillion ZE4500, with a HP54g WLAN W450 wireless network adapter. I have a Netgear wireless Router version MR814x2.

The laptop reads that the connection is there, the router is definitely broadcasting, the router reads that the laptop has a connection, but when the connection is actually attempted, it just runs me in a loop of "Wireless signals detected", and no actual connection is made.

A:Wireless connectivity problems

I'm just going to run by couple of things.
1. I'm sure you're running the lastest drivers for the Wi-Fi card ( or integrated Wi-Fi, too lazy to check .. )
2. Are you able to access the router's maintenance page? If you do , then most likely it's windows zero configuration that gets in the way .Disable it via Services and see if that helps.
3. If you're not able to access routes's maintenance, do it thru hardwire ( as in normal CAT 5 cable ) and see if you don't have WAP , WEP , or access control enabled? ( again , lazy to check that particular model , to see exactly which feature it got ). While you're at it , might wanna check Services that pertain to Network ( as in DHCP client, Network Connection )
HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity-problems.244664/
Relevancy 45.58%

I've Core2Duo intel processor with 2 GB RAM and Artheros wireless card in my laptop. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows XP Professional. Most of the times when I am trying to connect to wireless network from Vista, it is showing either Local Only or Limited Connectivity. But whenever I am trying to connect from XP, I never faced any such problems. The same problem happening with other friend's those who are using Vista as single OS. How to solve this issue?Also, how to disable Limit Reservable Bandwith in Vista? I can use gpedit in Windows XP but I could not find that in Vista.Ram

A:Wireless Connectivity in Vista

I've Core2Duo intel processor with 2 GB RAM and Artheros wireless card in my laptop. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows XP Professional. Most of the times when I am trying to connect to wireless network from Vista, it is showing either Local Only or Limited Connectivity. But whenever I am trying to connect from XP, I never faced any such problems. The same problem happening with other friend's those who are using Vista as single OS. How to solve this issue?Also, how to disable Limit Reservable Bandwith in Vista? I can use gpedit in Windows XP but I could not find that in Vista.RamHere is the Group Policy Editor hack that might work for your situation in Vista.here is a tweak to Disable the Limit Reservable Bandwidth in Vista.Hope that helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284985/wireless-connectivity-in-vista/