Windows Support Forum

Laptop Touchpad not working (Acer)

Q: Laptop Touchpad not working (Acer)

I'm not sure where to ask but I have a problem.

My laptop (Acer Aspire 4750G) touchpad is not working. It is still usable, I can move the cursors with it. But the system seems telling me that I keep pressing the right button of the touchpad, so when I left click/tap the touchpad, it works as a right click instead. I disabled that by plugging in my USB mouse and right-clicking on the mouse. Well the problem comes again after I do that so I'm forced to use the USB mouse, which would be very annoying and time-eating if I have something to do quickly. Also, there's nothing stuck in there a the drivers are up-to-date.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop Touchpad not working (Acer)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop Touchpad not working (Acer)

the left and right settin gor switched some how maybe ! in the keypad settings.
go to start /control panel ,mouse / and In there click on the hardware tab along the top .in the list should be synaptics ,click on the Synaptics and then click on properties ,and In there should be all the different settings for the keypad

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/265821-laptop-touchpad-not-working-acer.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I am using accer aspire e15 laptop. My touch pad is not working after installing windows 8.1 what shall i do?but external mouse is workingI amusing accer aspire e15 laptop

A:Acer aspire laptop touchpad not working after W8 install

If you've upgraded from Windows 7 or 8, new drivers are required for some devices on Windows 8.1Go to the appropriate Acer website for your country, click on support and enter your laptop's serial number which is printed on it's base:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/#_ga=...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-laptop-touchpad-not-working-after-w8-install/2074.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have windows My touchpad is not working The pointer is not visible on my screen anywhere I have working not Acer touchpad Apire V5 tried Acer recovery to re install i believe and it still says in the device manager that the quot Synaptics touchpad device is not working not present or does not have all drivers installed Code quot And there is a yellow triangle next to the mouse in the device manager which was so hard to find I had to hit quot view quot at the top and click quot show hidden icons quot Why would the touchpad be hidden lol anyways I hit the Ctrl key and it does the circle where the pointer should be I have a touchscreen so where ever I touch that's where the circle is No pointer though Any Ideas It has been asking me to update to windows if I try that would that help thank goodness this is a touchscreen or i wouldn't even be able to ask for help Please let me know anything Acer Apire V5 touchpad not working thank you

A:Acer Apire V5 touchpad not working

Hit Fn and the touchpad function key (the hand) simultaneously.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/acer-apire-v5-touchpad-not-working-753457.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have installed all the drivers for my laptop from http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/acer/laptops-desktops/aspire-e5-511/165601 and still my touchpad doesn't work. I dont have an external mouse and I am using numeric pad to control my cursor. Is there any other drivers I need to install? PLEASE HELP!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Touchpad-not-working-Acer-e5-511-p214/td-p/436302/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

I love this forum and have found a ton of useful Acer scroll working Aspire not touchpad information but this is my first time posting So I have an Acer Aspire ES - -P H laptop that came stock with Windows I deleted the partition and installed a fresh copy of Windows Ultimate x in legacy mode with a USB flash drive I then installed most of my drivers and noticed that Acer Aspire touchpad scroll not working the scroll function Acer Aspire touchpad scroll not working on the keypad was not working I Acer Aspire touchpad scroll not working went to Acer Aspire ES - Drivers Download for Windows Vista XP and downloaded the quot Mouse and Touchpad Driver quot which is an Elantech driver No luck I then uninstalled said driver and downloaded the Synaptics quot Windows XP Vista -bit Edition v quot driver from Software Drivers White Papers Videos Synaptics Again no luck I did some more research and found this article Solved Aspire e e - -p y Touchpad not working on w - Acer Community - and attempted to install Windows in UEFI mode with Secure Boot off I deleted the Windows partition to not cause any issues and to perform a clean install on a blank partition The Windows files would load and then hang at the windows logo screen when it says quot Starting Windows quot I then did some more research and found this to be a common problem when installing Windows on systems made for win using UEFI At this point I do not know what to do I believe if I was able to install Windows on a GTP partition using UEFI my touchpad would work correctly I think the problem is the Legacy mode doesn't mesh with the touchpad hardware and or drivers I just reinstalled Windows Ultimate x again in Legacy mode because it seems to function fine minus the scroll feature on the touchpad It just sees the touchpad as a standard P S mouse Any ideas or suggestions for both installing Win in UEFI or getting the touchpad to install correctly in Legacy Thanks for your time and support

A:Acer Aspire touchpad scroll not working

After trying 20+ drivers from ALPS, Synaptics and ElanTech I have found the solution! Download this cabinet file
403 Forbidden
and extract/copy the contents to a folder of your choosing. Run the Setup and voila! You have a fully functioning touchpad.

This worked for the ETD050A touchpad used in my Acer Aspire ES1-512-P18H with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed via USB stick in Legacy mode.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem when downgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 7.

~ET4488

Edit: If link does not work, google "win7-elan-input-device-driver-15-6-1-1-64-bit"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398901-acer-aspire-touchpad-scroll-not-working.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi guys,

I seem to have a problem using my touchpad on my Acer Aspire 2920 laptop,
I recently shut down my computer whilst using Nero Xpress and was in the middle of burning a cd (please dont ask me why) and for some reason when i restarted the laptop the touchpad wouldnt respond, Iv plugged in a mouse for now which works fine but i want my touchpad back.

Iv gone through the normal procedures e.g system restore, FN+F7 & FN+F9 which havent worked iv also checked my touchpad settings and there all updated but they dont seem to see my synaptics drivers iv already re-installed the drivers but still no avail.

Its very frustrating as im not used to using a mouse on my laptop

If anyone can help id be very grateful.

Kind Regards

Sav

A:Acer Aspire 2920 Touchpad Not Working!!!

Can someone close this post for me please as i put it in the wrong place. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-2920-touchpad-not-working.827866/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Acer Support and forum friends, Can you help me out with the following? I've had this problem for about a month and have yet to receive any help or assistance. I have detailed my issues here on Reddit. Thanks in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-ES1-411-C1WD-touchpad-not-working-in-quot-Advanced-quot/td-p/446298
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an Acer V17 Nitro and the Touchpad worked fine with Windows 7 but with Windows 10 it doesn't work.  In device manager under "mouse and other pointing devices" I see two "HID-compliant" mice but no touchpad.  I've tried the latest drivers from Acer but they don't help.  What can I try?

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Touchpad not working on Acer V 17 Nitro on Windows...

Isn't there a keypress that enables/disables the touchpad? You might give a toggle a try...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Touchpad-not-working-on-Acer-V-17-Nitro-on-Windows-10/td-p/386775
Relevancy 67.94%

I love this forum and have found a ton of useful information but this is my first time posting So I have an Acer Aspire ES - -P H laptop that came stock with Windows I deleted the partition and installed a fresh copy of Windows Ultimate x in legacy mode with a USB flash drive I then installed most of my drivers and noticed that the scroll function on the keypad was not working I went to Acer Aspire ES - Drivers Download for Windows Vista XP and downloaded the quot Mouse and Touchpad Driver quot which is an Elantech driver No luck I then uninstalled said driver and downloaded the Synaptics quot Windows XP Vista -bit Edition v quot driver from Software Drivers White Papers Videos Synaptics Again no luck I did some more research and found this article Solved Aspire e e - -p y not scroll Aspire touchpad working Acer Touchpad not working on w - Acer Community - and attempted to install Windows in UEFI mode with Secure Boot off I deleted the Windows partition to not cause any issues and to perform a clean install on a blank partition The Windows files would load and then hang at the windows logo Acer Aspire touchpad scroll not working screen when it says quot Starting Windows quot I then did some more research and found this to be a common problem when installing Windows on systems made for win using UEFI At this point I do Acer Aspire touchpad scroll not working not know what to do I believe if I was able to install Windows on a GTP partition using UEFI my touchpad would work correctly I think the problem is the Legacy mode doesn't mesh with the touchpad hardware and or drivers I just reinstalled Windows Ultimate x again in Legacy mode because it seems to function fine minus the scroll feature on the touchpad It just sees the touchpad as a standard P S mouse Any ideas or suggestions for both installing Win in UEFI or getting the touchpad to install correctly in Legacy Thanks for your time and support

A:Acer Aspire touchpad scroll not working

After trying 20+ drivers from ALPS, Synaptics and ElanTech I have found the solution! Download this cabinet file
403 Forbidden
and extract/copy the contents to a folder of your choosing. Run the Setup and voila! You have a fully functioning touchpad.

This worked for the ETD050A touchpad used in my Acer Aspire ES1-512-P18H with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed via USB stick in Legacy mode.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem when downgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 7.

~ET4488

Edit: If link does not work, google "win7-elan-input-device-driver-15-6-1-1-64-bit"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398901-acer-aspire-touchpad-scroll-not-working.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I just updated my Acer ES1-511 notebook (Win 8.1 x64) and my touchpad stopped working after restart.I went to the Acer driver website and reloaded the Elantech driver, rebooted, and same problem.I went to the Acer driver website and reloaded the Intel I/O driver chipset, rebooted, and reloaded the Elantech driver.Still no success. Help. Laptop is of limited use without touchpad.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer ES1-511 Touchpad stopped working after latest...

Go to the Acer download site for ES1-511 and get the I/O Drivers from Intel and reinstall this.us.Acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5345;-;Aspire %20ES1-511Be sure to select Win8.1 64-bit as OS.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-ES1-511-Touchpad-stopped-working-after-latest-windows/td-p/361229/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

hi everyone
a few days ago, i did a stupid thing ! :|
the Synaptics touchpad driver was installed on my laptop (Acer-E1 572G - Win 8.1 - 64bit) and i installed Elantech touchpad driver without uninstalling last one!!!! :|
so, touchpad and keyboard stop working any more!
i did uninstall Synaptics but nothing changed! i did try to uninstall Elantech driver but did not find unistaller! so i did unistall it from device manager! but still nothing changed !

i dont have restore point and i dont want change my windows !

in device manager i got error code 19 for keyboard and error code 10 for touchpad!
here is some screenshot:

thank you
and sorry for my english

A:Acer-E1 572G Touchpad & Keyboard not working!

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, go to control panel, uninstall "Launch Manager" in Programs, download from here and re-install it:
Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site
Try different drivers for synaptics, for example, Acer Aspire E1-572 Synaptics Touchpad Driver 17.0.6.13 for Windows 8.1 64-bit Drivers download - Synaptics Software Update
EDIT:
If you find ETD Ware in Programs, right click and uninstall it, that's your Elantech but I couldn't see it in your Device manager.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/61396-acer-e1-572g-touchpad-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have instaled and uninstaled a dozen times, used system restore and can not get the touchpad to work Acer Aspire 8943G, please can any one help?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire 8943G Touchpad not working, Updated dr...

Something weird happened. It would not work no matter what I tried. I was watching a movie on KODI formerly XBMC. I accidently touched the Keypad and the Mouse moved. I pressed the Video button and it lit up. Only thing that I can figure out is that it took several hours for the driver update to work or that the Video triggered the Touchpad. I had uninstalled and deleted every instance of the driver including the Backup System Reserved created by a MS Tech, when my Windows Ultimate became corrupted. Initialy it had Win-7 Home Premium and when it would not install IE10 at the time MS gave me a free upgrade to Ultimate.Even then it took a week to finally get IE10 installed because the Computer Lacked Service pack1. Kudos to the MS Techs, they called me numerous times and worked on my computer. The spoke excellent English and are based in India. Laptop was out of warranty and Acer pretty much said tough luck, you gotta pay. MS did not charge me one cent.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Acer-Aspire-8943G-Touchpad-not-working-Updated-driver-is/m-p/330025
Relevancy 67.08%

For the past few months, the right touchpad button does not work with the Windows 10 drivers. Windows 8.1 drivers worked fine. If I switch mouse settings to left handed, then the buttons work fine, but obviously this is awkward to get used to. I have rollbacked the driver to a very old edition and it worked fine, however then I had no synaptics touchpad settings so the touchpad settings could not be altered.

19.0.9.7 is the synaptics version

touchpad works fine on other user accounts

A:Acer Aspire V3 - Windows 10 - Touchpad not working with new driver

Aspire E15 - Touchpad not working at all

The touchpad on my e15 does not work at all, but after searching for forums, they said its the BIOS problem, so i updated my bios via acer support page, it works fine now, hope this help..

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/30485-acer-aspire-v3-windows-10-touchpad-not-working-new-driver.html
Relevancy 67.08%

acer extensa 2508 touchpad not working after upgrade to win 10, it was running win 7

A:acer extensa 2508 touchpad not working after upgra...

Hi motlotlegi Try reinstalling the driver - go to device manager, right click & select uninstall. Restart the laptop & Windows will reinstall it. Hopefully it should now work. If not then check Acer's support for your region to see if there is an updated driver.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Extensa/acer-extensa-2508-touchpad-not-working-after-upgrade-to-win-10/td-p/402071
Relevancy 67.08%

acer extensa 2508 touchpad not working after upgrade to win 10, it was running win 7

A:acer extensa 2508 touchpad not working after upgra...

Hi motlotlegi Try reinstalling the driver - go to device manager, right click & select uninstall. Restart the laptop & Windows will reinstall it. Hopefully it should now work. If not then check Acer's support for your region to see if there is an updated driver.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Extensa/acer-extensa-2508-touchpad-not-working-after-upgrade-to-win-10/td-p/402071/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an Acer ES1-512 laptop, on which I have installed Windows 7 on BIOS(Legacy) mode. I have installed all working drivers except the touchpad driver. The driver on the Acer website is only installable on Windows 10, so when I downloaded and tried to install it, it said that no device was found for a driver update. This is very frustrating, because:
1. The touchpad automatically clicks when i touch it.
2. I can't scroll with it.

If there is anything I can do to fix this problem, please tell me.
Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/402573-cant-install-touchpad-driver-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 66.22%

i bought my new laptop few month ago .but after 2-3 months the camera and touchpad are not working. please suggest me what should i do to make my camera and touchpad working just like before. please help me sir as soon as possible. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/my-laptop-is-acer-one-14-Z1402-394D-my-touchpad-and-camera-are/td-p/457382
Relevancy 65.79%

Laptop is an Acer Aspire z with Windows Vista Home Laptop Synaptics Aspire Acer Touchpad Issue Premium -bit fully updated to current I installed an update to Avast's engine and Acer Aspire Laptop Synaptics Touchpad Issue after rebooting when I got to the Windows logon screen both the mouse buttons on both the built-in Synaptics touchpad and an external USB mouse will only select an item but nothing else happens In other words if I click on a user account it selects it but it doesn't allow me to enter a password Likewise if I click on the shutdown icon at the lower right of the screen it just selects it but nothing else happens But I found that if I hit the tab key and then the enter key to select something on this screen then the left mouse button starts working again on the touchpad and the USB mouse When I get into windows the left mouse button on both the built-in touchpad and the external mouse continue to work but the right mouse button on the built-in touchpad doesn't work However the right mouse button on the USB mouse works I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this - uninstalled Avast I'm now using MSE as the anti-virus on this machine - uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for both mouse devices multiple times using different versions for the touchpad one set of drivers from Acer another set from Synaptics - uninstalled the Synaptics device from device manager and let windows reinstall it upon reboot - updated the drivers within device manager it didn't find any that were more current - restored the system back to a system restore point before this started happening - dinked around with all the settings available for mouse - tried toggling FN F the Acer key to turn on off the touchpad functions - tried SAFE mode - same behavior - tried SAFE boot with nearly all services disabled I'm beginning to think this might not have anything to do with drivers since neither mouse device works correctly at the Windows login screen until I hit TAB and then ENTER I think the internals of Vista may be hosed somewhere Acer said that I should do a wipe and reset back to factory state I'd sure like to avoid this Any thoughts Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/295969-acer-aspire-laptop-synaptics-touchpad-issue.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I have read some of the other threads hoping a previously posted solution would work for me. I did find the post where fmapp.exe was the culprit but I do not have that program.

My keyboard is erratic. The touchpad seems to highlight and delete stuff at will and the cursor moves around, too. I just ran CCleaner and Malwarebytes and have 360 Total Security, which is also up to date.

Thanks very much for suggestions and assistance.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50224-erratic-keyboard-touchy-touchpad-acer-windows-10-laptop-no-fmapp-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I have read some of the other threads hoping a previously posted solution would work for me. I did find the post where fmapp.exe was the culprit but I do not have that program.

My keyboard is erratic. The touchpad seems to highlight and delete stuff at will and the cursor moves around, too. I just ran CCleaner and Malwarebytes and have 360 Total Security, which is also up to date.

Thanks very much for suggestions and assistance.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50093-erratic-keyboard-touchy-touchpad-acer-windows-10-laptop-no-fmapp-exe.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp screen laptop-keyoard Acer lgin work once the aspire n touchpad will 5515 not it its Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Internet Services ubd exe C Program Files Acer aspire 5515 laptop-keyoard n touchpad will not work once it its the lgin screen Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Users pat AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Common Files Acer aspire 5515 laptop-keyoard n touchpad will not work once it its the lgin screen Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Acer aspire 5515 laptop-keyoard n touchpad will not work once it its the lgin screen C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users pat Desktop HijackThis exe O - DPF CC D -CC - C- - F DBAC A ArmHelper Control - file C Program Files BookWorm Adventures Images armhelper ocx O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - https fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab O - Protocol inbox - F -DD C- B-B DF-C BCAF - C PROGRA INBOXT Inbox dll O - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - C Program Files AVG AVG avgpp dll O - Protocol wlpg - E EF CD-A A- A B- E F- F B E - C Program Files Windows Live Photo Gallery AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler dll O - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLL C Windows System d dx dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C Windows system browseui dll O - Service x HelpService x HelpSvc - PCRx com LLC - C Program Files x Help App x Svc exe O - Service Adobe Acrobat Update Service AdobeARMservice - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe O - Service Adobe Flash Player Update Service AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerUpdateService exe O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe O - Service Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc - C Windows system Ati evxx exe O - Service AVGIDSAgent - AVG Technologies CZ s r o - C Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exe O - Service AVG WatchDog avgwd - AVG Technologies CZ s r o - C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe O - Service Bonjour Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe O - Service Common Toolkit Tools - SPAMfighter ApS - C Program Files Fighters FULL-DISKfighter Common Toolkit Tools exe O - Service Empowering Technology Service ETService - Unknown owner - C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology Service ETService exe O - Service Google Update Service gupdate ca c c a gupdate ca c c a - Google Inc - C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe O - Service Google Update Service gupdatem gupdatem - Google Inc - C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe O - Service Google Software Updater gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodServi... Read more

A:Acer aspire 5515 laptop-keyoard n touchpad will not work once it its the lgin screen

plz i need help with keyboard n touchpad

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5515-laptop-keyoard-n-touchpad-will-not-work-once-it-its-the-lgin-screen.1069604/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys, the touchpad stopped working, I did a factory reset and updated the Touchpad software in the DM but same deal. It also will not load a linux dssk for me to know if it's software or hardware, what else can I try please?

A:HP 15 laptop touchpad not working

Hi @MIKE_HENDERSON,  Welcome to the HP Forums!  I understand that your touchpad stopped working and that your HP 15 Notebook will not load a Linux disk. I am happy to help!  Regarding the touchpad, what is the exact product number of your Notebook? How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What version of Windows are you using? http://www.whatsmyos.com. (If you are using Windows.)  Regarding loading the Linux disk. see the following:  Frequently Asked Questions About Linux (FAQs).Ubuntu on HP Models.Ubuntu Forums. Assuming you are using Ubuntu.  If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post. Hope to hear from you soon!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-15-laptop-touchpad-not-working/td-p/5760211
Relevancy 60.63%

So one day, all of the sudden my laptop's touchpad started acting its own life, it didn't respond my touches as it should've, and this continued few times I used my laptop. Today when I opened the laptop again, the touchpad wasn't working at all. Driver issues? (This has nothing to do with win10, as I downloaded it like half a year ago and this problem started just today)

A:My laptop touchpad stopped working?

Hi @Oodi ,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the touchscreen. I will be glad to help you. Step 1: Shutdown your PC.Step 2: Install Windows Updates.Step 3: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test     a.1: Plug the AC Adapter into the computer.     a.2: Press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds.     a.3: Turn on the computer and press the F2 key repeatedly.      a.4: When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen displays, click Component Tests.      a.5: Click Touchscreeen.      a.6 There are two interactive touch screen tests. Start by clicking Touch Pointer Test.       a.6 Read the on screen instructions, and click Run Once.       a.7:  Touch each block to erase them the test ends when all blocks are erased or after three minutes have passed and results are displayed.     a.8 Click the main menu to return to the UEFI Screen and click the second test.      a.9:  Click Compenent Tests, and then click Touchscreen  again.      a.10 Click Drag and Drop Test.      a.11: Read the on screen instructions, then click Run Once again.      a.12: Drag and drop the the blocks according to the screen. The test ends after all the blocks are repositioned, or after three minutes have passed. Press the Windows logo key + X.Select Device Manager from the list.Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.Double-click the touch screen driver.In the window that opens, click the Driver tab.Click the Update Driver button.In the Update Driver Software window, click Search automatically for updated driver software.If updated driver software is available, install it.Restart the computPlease keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-laptop-touchpad-stopped-working/td-p/5595984
Relevancy 60.63%

Yesterday I turned off my laptop, next day when I turned on laptop the keyboard and touchpad wasn't working. When I'm pressing a key about 20 times then sometimes it works as one press. Yesterday everything was working well untill I turned off.I've tested 2 laptop keyboards and still same.I'm looking for any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-keyboard-and-touchpad-not-working/td-p/5665868
Relevancy 60.63%

My laptop touchpad is not working properly; that is I cannot scroll properly and also have problems with the sensitivity of touch. I downloaded and installed the Synaptic touchpad driver but it is still not functioning very well. Please can someone help me with a solution.
The name of my Laptop is; Compac Presario CQ50-115NR Notebook PC
Thank you.

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Go to Start -> control panel -> Hardware and Sound.

Somewhere in there you should find adjustments for the sensitivity.

If this does not work please state your operating system for further help and try it with a USB mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.163990/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, As mentioned, i have a problem with my laptop. When I put it into sleep mode, the touchpad doesn't respond once I wake it up. The only way to make the touchpad work again is to reinstall the drivers in device manager, however this is frustrating when you have to do it all the time, so does anyone have any idea how to permanently fix this?Laptop is HP pavilion 13-b110tu (windows 10 64bit) Extra info:I can fix the problem if I uninstall "Synaptics SMBus TouchPad" in device manager, but this leads to a number of other problems (gestures not working, left/right click reversed, touchpad behaving erratically etc.) Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Touchpad-not-working-after-sleeping-laptop/td-p/5684323
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello hi im lili b any my toupad isnt working right the dang strolling up or down wont work and I cant fix it I have an hp pavilion dv4 1435dx could someone help mi find the orrect driver that could fix it

A:Laptop touchpad is not working properly

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3979336&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

You should find the drivers you need here. Click on next By the windows 7 64 bit box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.194368/
Relevancy 60.63%

So I needed to disable the touch pad on my laptop and the icon in the task bar was not there like it was, I needed to re-install cause things were getting slow everything works like it should now. But I went to the Control Panel and went to where you would disable the touch pad and the disable button is grayed out. I don't know why and I want to disable it.

(Attached is what I see when I get to the mouse from the control panel)

A:Laptop touchpad not working Windows 8

Have you rebooted since?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-touchpad-not-working-windows-8.195811/
Relevancy 60.63%

I upgraded to Windows 10 and the touchpad worked at first, but now has stopped completely. There is no light on, but the system diagnostics and device manager say it is working. Have checked that is not coinflicting with external mouse and the driver is up to date. Help!Mark

A:Pavillion 13 laptop touchpad not working

I uninstalled the driver and restarted the computer, this made the system re-install the driver (19.2.4) and now works!!! The wonders of technology.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavillion-13-laptop-touchpad-not-working/td-p/5641679
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guy i have a alienware m17xR4 and ive been searching all day and cant find anyone with this problem. Everyone that has a simular problem it is either their keyboard or their mouse not working but i havent found anyone with both of them not working.

Anyway my keyboard is showing a code 19 (windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged)

And touchpad is saying code 10 (this device cannot start)

Thank you guys for your help, it might be a while before i cand respond to you and try your solutions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393785-laptop-keyboard-touchpad-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My scrolling up and down option of touch pad is not working what should I do...?

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Are you referring to the the right side scroll bars on laptop touch pads that allow you to scroll up and down pages?

Try updating the driver for your touchpad and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.201621/
Relevancy 60.63%

I had a registry error so I did this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

and it fixed it. However, now my touchpad won't work. All it did was beep like crazy if I tried to use it then I restarted my laptop hoping it would fix it but now it just wont work and I dont hear any beeps...

any ideas?

A:Touchpad not working on dell laptop )-:

Have you checked Device Manager to see if the driver is missing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-not-working-on-dell-laptop.1021939/
Relevancy 60.2%

Pls help me, when I put on the headset on the socket, the headset is not working fine. I already tried t in three different headphones. what seems to be the problem with these? at first, it is working fine but after some time, 2 weeks i think, the headphone is not working anymore. everytime I put it on the socket, windows can detect it because it says "A jack is plugged" on its tray.

please help me, do i need to update the driver? but the drivers are all installed and not corrupted or damaged.

my audio manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager with ALC 883 something on its version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-travelmate-5571awxmi-headset-not-working-but-laptop-speaker-is-working.67314/
Relevancy 60.2%

so, EVERY TIME I close(and re open) my laptop lid the touchpad stops working. seemed to happen after a win X update(not upgrade TO win x) it is so extremely frustrating. the only way i can get it to respond again is to reboot. I have tried disabling and reenabling the touchpad, updating drivers, and nothing seems to help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touchpad-stops-working-when-laptop-lid-gets-closed/td-p/5618964
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I have an Advent Monza S laptop I've recently upgraded to Windows Before I upgraded my touch pad was working fine but after the upgrade my touch pad stopped working Once my laptop is turned 10 since touchpad Laptop Windows working not installing on the cursor is not visable on the screen the touch pad is unresponsive too If I plug in an external mouse the cursor re-appears and I can control my computer that way although as soon as I un-connect my external mouse the cursor stays on the screen but I can't control it with the touch pad I can un-install the touch pad drivers then re-install them from the Advent webpage and the touch pad will work perfectly until I turn my laptop off then when I switch my laptop back on I'm back to square one again and can't do anything unless I plug in my external mouse I've tried asking on the Advent forums but they don't seem to have had any traffic since early Any help would be great Cheers Mark Laptop touchpad not working since installing Windows 10

A:Laptop touchpad not working since installing Windows 10

Hello ObiDad. Welcome to the Forum

You don't say how old this laptop is or what operating system it came with, but that would be helpful to know.

The first thing I would try is to uninstall (remove) the touchpad from Device Manager. If the option is available remove the driver also. Then restart.
The important thing is that you try and remove all instances of any old drivers that may interfere with the generic driver installation.
Windows comes with a generic touchpad driver and that will be installed automatically and it may work right off, particularly if there is a driver conflict going on here.

If it works, then you could try and install the Advent driver. Only this time run the installer program (app) in Compatibility Mode. Use the compatibility mode for the operating system that the Advent driver is made for.
Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

See if either or both of those things help.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37860-laptop-touchpad-not-working-since-installing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

installed windows 10 now touchpad not workingupdated driver fully up to dateCompaq laptop Pesario CQ61

A:Compaq laptop touchpad not working after win 10 installation

Did you able to access it through external keyboard or mouse?Hardware Technician

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/compaq-laptop-touchpad-not-working-after-win-10-installation/65.html
Relevancy 60.2%

The touchpad not IRQ - error? Drivers? touchpad Something working Laptop else? on the laptop I m using isn t working properly Since my old computer died I plugged in the monitor and the MS Laptop touchpad not working - Drivers? IRQ error? Something else? optical keyboard and Laptop touchpad not working - Drivers? IRQ error? Something else? mouse so we could all use it like a normal computer rather than a laptop I did this on monday and as far as I can tell for the first day or so both the touchpad and the mouse worked as well as both keyboards However now the touchpad won t work whatever we do We have tried -Unplugging all external mice and restarting the computer -Disabling external mice haven t tried this with restarting but don t think it makes much difference -Using System Restore to revert any changes up to Sunday before when the other keyboard mouse was plugged in -Uninstalling drivers for the touchpad and allowing the laptop to self-detect which takes two restarts - one for uninstalling the drivers and one for finalising installation -Opening the BIOS and restoring the default settings by the way I was unable to find any touchpad-looking setting in the BIOS but I wasn t sure if there would be one I didn t install any software for the external optical stuff We also have just a single optical mouse that we only use for the laptop and it has never caused us problems like this I haven t installed any software in the duration and System Restore should have reverted any changes in any case What may we have overlooked in fixing it Some have suggested that the only thing to do may be to rip everything I can off and reinstall Windows but I have no desire to do this and do not believe it will work in any case The most annoying thing is that for about five seconds while the computer is saying Windows is shutting down before the laptop actually turns itself off the touchpad works It also worked for about the same period of time directly after the computer had booted the second time after reinstalling the hardware but then stops The most recent appraisal I ve had is that it is an IRQ issue however I am unsure what an IRQ issue is or what I would do to fix it Anyone wanna add their two cents or fill me in on anything nbsp

A:Laptop touchpad not working - Drivers? IRQ error? Something else?

take a look in device manager to make sure there are no little yellow !'s. Windows will detect the touchpad as a genric ps/2 mouse, but to make it work properly you'll need to get the actual driver from your laptop manufacturer's website, what brand is it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-touchpad-not-working-drivers-irq-error-something-else.30372/
Relevancy 60.2%

I just reformatted the HDD on my girlfriends laptop and now the touchpad mouse is not working properly. The scroll wheel doesn't work and when scrolling down on a web page with the keyboard it goes step by step. Are their any settings that I need tochange to make it work right?

A:Laptop touchpad mouse is not working properly

Some touchpads require specific drivers installed. Did you install these from the manufacturer? This is the integrated one on the laptop not add-in devices?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-touchpad-mouse-is-not-working-properly.421227/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there,

Yesterday my touchpad just stopped working, although a external USB mouse does. I have restore my computer to an earlier point, ran a virus scan and uninstalled and then re-installed the synaptics driver. It still isn't working and I'm not really sure what to try next.

Thanks
Vicky

A:touchpad on asus laptop stopped working

Hello and welcome Vicky mate some machine specs would be nice model etc etc

Try this and post back a screen shot or just some specs and how old is the machine?

http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download < download from piriform

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282092-touchpad-asus-laptop-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My first post Hopefully NOT one of many I recently got a secondhand HP working not HP Touchpad Laptop NX9105 all Synaptics at NX laptop I reformatted the hard drive and installed Windows XP SP All worked fine except the touchpad isn t working I could not see a driver for it so I went onto HP support website and downloaded the Synaptics driver sp The install got interrupted with the message quot This Synaptics pointing device installation package does not support one or more of your pointing devices and will not be installed quot I then tried the Alps HP NX9105 Laptop Synaptics Touchpad not working at all driver sp and that installed is visible in the Add Remove Programs but the touchpad still didn t work and it doesn t appear in either the Device Manager or in Control Panel- gt Mouse- gt Hardware tab Next I tried to install another version of the Synaptics driver sp This one installed so I then rebooted the laptop The touchpad still doesn t work but now I have the Synaptics Device Settings tab in my Mouse settings The problem is that all the buttons are grayed out and no devices are listed Is it possible that this is a hardware fault or is there anything else I need to download I m really stuck now please help nbsp

A:HP NX9105 Laptop Synaptics Touchpad not working at all

well heres your drivers....

You touch pad should automatically just "work" with no special drivers...

Mabe it broke...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-nx9105-laptop-synaptics-touchpad-not-working-at-all.836101/
Relevancy 60.2%

THE TOUCHPAD ON MY LAPTOP IS NOT WORKING .SOME TIMES BACK THZ PROBLEM APPEARED,BUT THE TOUCHPAD AGAIN WORKED AUTOMATICALLY.2 DAYS BACK THE SAME PROBLEM ARRIVED.NOW MY TOUCHPAD IS NOT WORKING

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/touchpad-on-my-laptop-is-not-working-it-z-hp-elitebook-8440p/td-p/5550425
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey all you wonderful tech-savvy people! I know this is probably an annoying question that gets asked all the time, but I honestly have no idea how to fix this. The two finger scrolling on my Samsung RF511 laptop has decided it wants to stop working. I haven't installed anything or done anything different, so I don't know why this is happening.

Anyone out there willing to tell me how to fix this?

A:Scrolling on my Samsung laptop touchpad not working...

Try reinstalling the TouchPad drivers/software from the Samsung website which you can find here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP-RF511-S02US

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scrolling-on-my-samsung-laptop-touchpad-not-working.1040798/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am having serious problems with my latop HP Elitebook 840, with Windows 7 (64-bit) OS. Keyboard and touchpad of my laptop stop working after 1-2 minutes of activity. Restarting does not fix the problem, the keyboard and touchpad stop working again after random time. I can confim that the touchpad is not locked up. It has an antivirus software. Can you help me. Thanks a lot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/My-laptop-keyboard-and-touchpad-stop-working-a-minute-after/td-p/5702253
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I discovered my laptop was infected with a Trojan Zefarch and took a couple steps in an attempt to remove it I ran scans with Symantec keyboard/touchpad attempted laptop zefarch working removal, not Spybot S amp D attempted zefarch removal, laptop keyboard/touchpad not working and Malwarebytes ran RegistryCleaner and deleted attempted zefarch removal, laptop keyboard/touchpad not working a couple suspicious-looking folders in my AppData folder After doing all this and at least one restart I discovered that the touchpad and built-in keyboard on my laptop were not working I m currently using an external USB mouse and keyboard until I can figure this out I m running Windows on an hp dv Here are the results from HiJackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection ProtectionUtilSurrogate exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C attempted zefarch removal, laptop keyboard/touchpad not working Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files x Seagate SeagateManager FreeAgent Status stxmenumgr exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www uusa vt edu cepdotnet CEPloginToCEP aspx R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attempted-zefarch-removal-laptop-keyboard-touchpad-not-working.942857/
Relevancy 58.91%

Well... Thats about it. My left click was working and then all of a sudden. BANG. stopped. Moving the mouse with the touchpad and using the mousepad to left click still works as does the right click button on the touchpad. Any solutions?

A:Left Mouse Click on Laptop Touchpad stopped working

I assume you have checked your settings in Control Panel > Mouse Properties?

It will save a lot of time if you can determine whether this is a hardware problem or a software problem.
Try this: Download a copy of UBUNTU. Put this on a USB stick. Boot from the USB stick and choose to Run The Program (you do not need to install it on your hard drive). Then check to see if the mousepad works OK in UBUNTU. If it does then it is a Windows/Software problem. If it doesn't then it is a defective mousepad.

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu
How to create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335280-left-mouse-click-laptop-touchpad-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'd be very grateful if someone could suggest a solution to the problem I have with the touchpad on my laptop, the one finger scrolling is not working, I have checked as far as I can using the info provided, as far as I know the driver is up to date, I've looked for 'Dell touchpad' or 'Device settings tab' in control panel and they aren't there, just mouse ( ps/2) properties and these are shown as ok, any ideas please? many thanks,Steven. ps, guruaid tell me it's a hardware problem but I'm not so sure, it used to work fine before Windows 10 was loaded and messed up a whole lot of functions, I was then told it's not compatible with this laptop, so I had to put Windows 7 back on and the problem stemmed from around that time 

A:n5010 laptop touchpad not working correctly - no 'one finger' scrolling function

Hi PUFFIN88,
Have you performed a clean install of Windows 7 or have just rolled back the OS from Win10 to Win7? Is the touchpad detected in device manager? Is there any damage on the system? Do the touchpad button register a click?
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/28WKQHB- restart the system and check if it works fine.  Reinstall the touchpad drivers from the same site and check.
If the touchpad is not detected in device manager- then download the service manual from the support site link above - and reseat the palmrest cables and check if it works.
Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984105
Relevancy 57.19%

okay so my acer laptop is not working. it has had Windows 10 for about a year now and just recently it started going out of whack. it will load to the desktop screen but after that nothing loads!! I will click on the desktop icons and it does nothing. the start button does not work. task manager does not work. nothing works but the mouse and it's frustrating. please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-acer-laptop-is-not-working.1170265/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey everyone I m new to the forum so I apologise working new not Acer key Laptop F8 on if I miss anything out Just last week I bought an Acer Aspire G laptop The laptop came loaded with a bunch of programs that I didn t want so I uninstalled a whole lot of them quot Orion quot eSobi McAfee Trial Version Office Trial Version Office compatibility pack Oberon game packs etc The problem is that after I uninstalled the extra programs the F key on the keyboard doesn t respond when I try pressing it in applications like Windows Media Player or even Microsoft Word Excel Powerpoint etc However I know the key is still physically functional since when I press the F in conjunction with the quot function quot button Fn F it mutes the laptop I was also able F8 key not working on new Acer Laptop to access the Safe Mode menu by pressing F during startup I called Acer and they said to do a system restoration When I did restore the system back to factory settings all the programs that I didn t want which came with the laptop were installed again but the F key was working I thought the computer was fixed so removed the unwanted programs and now it s back to only working when pressed with the quot Fn quot button ie the F key only works when I press it with quot Fn quot I really don t want to do a system restore again and I don t know why the F key isn t working - all other F F F etc are working Can someone help me with this problem nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hey everyone I m new to the forum so I apologise if I miss anything out Just last week I bought an Acer Aspire G laptop The laptop came loaded with a bunch of programs that I didn t want so I uninstalled a whole lot of them quot Orion quot eSobi McAfee Trial Version Office Trial Version Office compatibility pack Oberon game packs etc The problem is that after I uninstalled the extra programs the F key on the keyboard doesn t respond when I try pressing it in applications like Windows Media Player or even Microsoft Word Excel Powerpoint etc However I know the key is still physically functional since when I press the F in not working Laptop Acer key on F8 new conjunction with the quot function quot button Fn F it mutes the laptop I was also able to access F8 key not working on new Acer Laptop the Safe Mode menu by pressing F during startup I called Acer and they said to do a system restoration When I did restore the system back to factory settings all the programs that I didn t want which came with the laptop were installed again but the F key was working I thought the computer was fixed so removed the unwanted programs and now it s back to only working when pressed with the quot Fn quot button ie the F key only works when I press it with quot Fn quot I really don t want to do a system restore again and I don t know why the F key isn t working - all other F F F etc are working Can someone help me with this problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/f8-key-not-working-on-new-acer-laptop.845659/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there, I am a novice computer users, i dont know know much about the hardware etc. I have an ACER ASPIRE 5742 laptop and recently the sound has stopped working. It still works when i plug headphones, i think there is something wrong with the speakers. Can anyone advise me on what to do please? I am a student so i cant afford to get it repaired.
Thanks

A:Acer laptop sound not working

Did the speaker just all of a sudden stop working? If so, this is rare as speakers are a relatively simple electromagnetic device. They usually just don't just break somehow and stop all of a sudden. This is probably another issue like hardware or driver related. Check the Device manager and see if there is anything amiss there ans see if you can restore the driver. I am guessing driver and not MB' hardware malfunction like the realtek audio chip or whatever audio manufacturer is on-board. since you said the headphones still work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/329069-acer-laptop-sound-not-working.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I turned on my acer aspire 7250 laptop today and the period key (the key by the right shift button) what do i do (not even the question mark slash key works) i restarted the laptop twice and i even look on acer.com << that period is working because its the other period which is on the numeric right numbers where the num lock is... i think my computer still under standard warranty..

A:acer laptop keyboard key not working

If the key is not working, then that's a hardware issue. If your laptop is still under a warranty, you should consider sending it for repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-keyboard-key-not-working.1028827/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

Just to say that if anyone has the same problem with the wireless not appearing to work with windows 7, I have found out that if you use the normal status bar (bottom right) and select your access point, and type in your key, this will not work. You have to do it on the manual setup of the network and type in the access point and key there with your desired security and then windows 7 will actually connect to the wireless access point.

hope that helps.

A:acer 9810 laptop wireless not working

Nice post, thanks for sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/128111-acer-9810-laptop-wireless-not-working.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I have a just bought a new Acer Aspire 4810T laptop. It froze a while ago and after turning it off and on again the keyboard and the mouse pad are not working. When starting up the keyboard works when entering the set or using F2 key however after it starts up the keyboard and the mouse pad don't work.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks
Imbokeri

A:Acer Laptop keyboard and Mouse not working

hello
reboot your computer and after your bios has done its check, before windows begins to load, press F8 to access the advanced boot options. You can try to boot last known good configuration from there.
See it that helps first

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-440863.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Guys I'm currently facing some issues with my Acer Aspire T laptop Windows Ultimate bit Currently the sound on the laptop does not work at all The playback device I am currently using is ' WsAudioDevice S ' I have tried everything to try and fix the issue and no solution has come up to fix it Sometimes when Sound Aspire at 4830T not working Acer all Laptop on i boot up the laptop playback device appear on startup This is called Conexant High Definition audio driver but it is only available sometimes and doesn't even appear on the playback devices section I have tried going to device manager but it doesn't even appear there as well As well as this I have tried to reinstall it by using the Acer eRecovery tool which allows me to install default driver for my laptop However every time I try to Sound on Acer Aspire 4830T Laptop not working at all install the Conexant High Definition audio driver it says 'could not find the device for this driver' Has anybody got an idea of how to fix this BTW I also tried installing other sound drivers like Realtek HD audio but it just said the same thing This is what my Device manager screen and my playback device screen is currently showing

A:Sound on Acer Aspire 4830T Laptop not working at all

Conexant is correct according to Acer, what you have is wrong and I'm not sure how it got there.

If there is no direct hardware driver installed (e.g. Conexant) Windows will install the generic, basic function, High Definition Audio Device. This system should also have HDMI Audio (Possibly Intel HDMI Audio).

Suggest you uninstall the WsAudio Device, in the Device Manager. In the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the WsAudio entry to highlight it and then LEFT click "Uninstall". Also check the box to uninstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and when Windows starts, assuming there is no hardware problem, Windows should install the High Definition Audio Device. This is not a full featured sound driver but should give you PC speaker sound. If this works OK you can then install the Conexent driver (what is listed on the Acer site for this model).

Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372996-sound-acer-aspire-4830t-laptop-not-working-all.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an Acer aspire G and some of the keys have stopped working and of the top row number keys Very occasionally they might start working again for a few minutes or if i start tapping them hard Aspire not - working - Keys 5755G Acer Laptop they may start to work for a bit But in general they don't work at all I plugged in a usb keyboard and Keys not working - Laptop - Acer Aspire 5755G all of the keys work so I am assuming this is a mechanical problem I am going to attempt to replace the keyboard myself as i managed to find Keys not working - Laptop - Acer Aspire 5755G one video its in a diff language but I think I can see how he does it Thay th o s a l p b n ph m Acer Aspire G keyboard replacement fix assembly guide - YouTube However I thought before i go ahead I would ask on here is there anything else you suggest i do which might fix it I assuming there is no way this can be a problem in the os bios and its definitely hardware related I don't have any warranty left either Thanks

A:Keys not working - Laptop - Acer Aspire 5755G

Hello Robwan,

Usually, if just a few keys stop working... it's a bad keyboard. This happens a lot with Gaming Computers, due to the heavy use of certain keys.

If an external keyboard works, I'd consider replacing the onboard keyboard. You can also test using the on-screen keyboard, as well.

http://laptoppartstore.weebly.com/re...-keyboard.html

A new keyboard can be purchased on ebay or keyboard.com

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311080-keys-not-working-laptop-acer-aspire-5755g.html
Relevancy 55.04%

one night i left the laptop on because i was downloading sth in the morning the computer was turned off and when i tried to start the thing it worked fine up until the screen that says quot Starting Windows quot i have windows btw and i guess right before the desktop is supposed to show up i saw a blue screen for maybe half a second and the computer restarts by itself well the same thing kept happening everytime i tried to start the laptop after that i tried Safe Mode Automatic Recovery Mode Start at previous good config and every other option that is available after pressing F F during startup since that did not work i booted the computer with my windows cd and tried to reinstall the OS after i press working laptop Acer aspire 5739G stopped quot Install Windows quot or sth similar it says quot Loading setup quot or sth like that and just stays that way --and trust me i waited long enough since that did not work out i got a windows XP Acer aspire 5739G laptop stopped working cd and tried to install it it loads up well enough and rite before installation the blue screen appears again but this time it just stays there the only thing i can think of is maybe that last d l i was talking about might have been a virus or sth and maybe i can resolve the problem if i could somehow load command prompt and format the hard drive i have only one partition btw i read somewhere that pressing quot R quot just when windows setup starts should take me to Recovery Console but that didnot seem to work out anyway any help will be much appreciated oh and btw i have a -bit machine nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Today as I turned on my Aspire McAfee... aspire after stopped laptop Acer V3 working V laptop I found the system running extremely slow Opening task manager I found RAM and Harddrive was almost running at then I checked it was McAfee Acer aspire V3 laptop stopped working after McAfee... scan that came with Pre-installation that is taking up all the resources nbsp After about minutes of running like this I decided to restart my computer However after restart many system functions are no longer working I can no longer access task manager either CTRL ALT DEL or win-r wont bring it up Tried MSCONFIG and again it wont start after I enter the keys System restore similarly won't start after I click the bottons There is no internet clicking on device manager bottons won't bring up anything driver update bottons similarly won't bring any response nbsp even reset to factory default botton won't work-was able to access the menu but when clicking on bottons nothing starts nbsp - it seems as if the whole operating system is broke nbsp nbsp Since this McAfee program came with the Acer laptop it literarily says McAfee Internet security -Acer on the program menu was wondering if anyone from Acer knows about this issue and knows how to fix it Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/Acer-aspire-V3-laptop-stopped-working-after-McAfee-scan/td-p/442426/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Today as I turned on my Aspire V laptop I found the system running extremely slow Opening task manager I found RAM and Harddrive was almost running at then I checked it was McAfee scan that came with Pre-installation that is taking up all the resources nbsp After about minutes of running like this I decided to restart my computer However after restart many system functions are no longer working I can no longer access task manager either CTRL ALT DEL or working laptop stopped V3 Acer aspire after McAfee... win-r wont bring it up Tried MSCONFIG and again it wont start after Acer aspire V3 laptop stopped working after McAfee... I enter the keys System restore similarly won't start after I click the bottons There is no internet clicking on device manager bottons won't bring up anything driver update bottons similarly won't bring any response nbsp even reset to factory default botton won't work-was able to access the menu but when clicking on bottons nothing starts nbsp - it seems as if the whole operating system is broke nbsp nbsp Since this McAfee program came with the Acer laptop it literarily says McAfee Internet security -Acer on the program menu was wondering if anyone from Acer knows about this issue and knows how to fix it Thanks

A:Acer aspire V3 laptop stopped working after McAfee...

Sounds like the reboot came up in safe mode. Try a shutdown, restart to see if it clears up. Rebooting while in something as intensive as a virus scan / repair is seldom safe. You should always let it continue until it's finished, even if inconvenient.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/Acer-aspire-V3-laptop-stopped-working-after-McAfee-scan/td-p/442426
Relevancy 54.18%

Help!!! yesterday it still working but today,no sounds come out from the speaker,I used headset to test it and it's work,but when I unplug my headset it still no sound,I already try to reboot using safe mode but getting confused.. what can I do???
f.y.I : I already check the sound driver,no question marks appeared.

A:My Acer Aspire 4741G laptop sounds suddenly stopped working

"I already checked the sound driver, no question marks appeared"... Do you mean no exclamation points like this (!)? If you can hear normal sound from the headset the sound driver is okay. This could be caused by a keyboard setting. Make sure the sound is all the way up and that it is not muted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-4741g-laptop-sounds-suddenly-stopped-working.189508/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys I am new to this forum as I came across it while searching for a solution to revive my dead laptop I hope someone can direct me what to do or even tell me if its become a lost cause I am not techy at all so please safe Acer Repair working, mode and fails Startup laptop Cant enter not let me know if I should give you any other info you require to help me find a solution and how to get that info as well I would like to save all the data within my computer but am happy to let it go if it cant be done My priority is to get the machine work My ACER stopped working days ago It would freeze at the welcome screen when I started Windows normally After few attempts it stopped doing that and gave a black screen So I tried rebooting it with Acer laptop not working, Cant enter safe mode and Startup Repair fails F and going to safe mode but it fails to do that saying theres some problem I have tried startup repair which didn't work either I dont have a repair CD I hope you understand Acer laptop not working, Cant enter safe mode and Startup Repair fails what I am trying to say as I am typing this message at work while remembering what the laptop did I dont have a repair CD but could I buy one if thats the solution Thanks very much in advance for your help CB

A:Acer laptop not working, Cant enter safe mode and Startup Repair fails

From another pc.

Download Ubuntu Live CD ISO image and burn the ISO image to a cd using Imgburn (how to burn an ISO image using Imgburn). With the newly burned cd boot with it then select "Try Ubuntu" not "Install Ubuntu" access the Windows partition or what ever partition or hdd you which to backup files from by going to the panel on top, select "Go" click on "Computer". Select the partition, or Hard drive then directories, and files you wish to back up, Backup the files to DVD, an external hard drive or thumb drive(s).
Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-laptop-not-working-cant-enter-safe-mode-and-startup-repair-fails-654626.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have a CZ- laptop from iBuyPower subbrand of MSI I hear running Windows x SP The touchpad (code and and Laptop not code keyboard 24) 19 working keyboard and touchpad both stopped working after I cleaned my registry with CCleaner and defragmented the OS partition of the HDD with Defraggler The defragmentation process has not been interrupted The ELanTech Touchpad The touchpad icons have not been loading in the task bar tray at startup Neither could I manually start the applications associated with the touchpad from my Program Files on Drive C Here is what I have tried without results Switch on the touchpad with the designated laptop function key combination Fn F Restore the system to an earlier point Uninstall the device from device manager restart and let Win install the right drivers and what not Install various drivers including manufacturer recommended As of now the touchpad is hidden in the Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working (code 19 and code 24) device manager and is marked with an exclamation sign Under properties I see This device is not present is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed Code I am using a USB mouse as I write this The Laptop Keyboard The keyboard stopped working at the same time as the touchpad after registry cleaning and defragmentation Most of the time I was able to use a USB Keyboard to be able to try to fix the problem A few times however even the USB keyboard would not work I noticed that when I uninstalled the ElanTech Drivers for my touchpad I saw the yellow sign with an exclamation mark for keyboards in the device manager Under properties I could see the error Code Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged I have read that some recommend manipulations with the registry I tried to remove the Upper Filters for both the mouse and keyboard I had no idea what I was doing and my usb devices also stopped working I was able to reboot to the last good version and reclaim some degree of control over my machine Noteworthy The laptop keyboard works fine in BIOS I have spent quite some time researching this but none of the things I came across helped me fix the described issues Yet

A:Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working (code 19 and code 24)

I would recommend performing a repair installation of the operating system, since you used the registry cleaning portion of CCleaner.In addition to Broni's link Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I dont use registry cleanersDo I need a Registry Cleaner?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513381/laptop-keyboard-and-touchpad-not-working-code-19-and-code-24/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Acer 5630 laptop. The left click button on the touchpad is, kind of, broken. It still works but it seems some of the plastic that supports the button is broken. (ie. if i touch the lower portion of the button it tilts into the computer and the button also acts erratic sometimes). Either way, I am looking to replace the touchpad with a new one, if I can get it. Does anyone know:

1) Where a repair manual or some kind of description can be found to disassemble the laptop to replace the part.

2) Where I can find the part.

I found one place, I think, called notebookparts.com but there is no pic of the item so I can be sure it is what I need.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Jeff

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-touchpad.761468/
Relevancy 52.46%

The touchpad does not seem to respond while holding down a key, e.g. holding down 'w' and my touchpad wont respond to clicking on the buttons or movement.
An external mause works though
Any help would be appreciated

A:Acer Touchpad

Have you installed the specific driver for the touchpad?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/122621-acer-touchpad.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello! I've just recently bought a new Acer V13 (V3-371) which is running Windows 8.1. From the very first start my touchpad has not been working properly. It randomly freezes. Sometimes it unfreezes itself if I'm moving my fingers across the touchpad sometimes not. Then I have to press FN+F7 two times and then it's working again. Is this hardware problem or software? Do I need to download a driver?  I haven't found any touchpad driver for this particular laptop.Thanks for help in advance!!!

A:Acer V13 Touchpad issue

Same exact problem.  Very annoying.  I didn't know about the Fn-F7 method of recovering it, though... so thanks for that tip.  I'm going to venture and say this is a software/driver issue.  Acer?  Anything to say regarding this matter?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-V13-Touchpad-issue/td-p/289634/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.03%

I already sent my Laptop to Service Center here in Manilabut after one week the problem came back again. They said in the report that the touchpad was replaced. Can anyone tell me,how is that possible? What's the problem? How can i fix this. For now i am disappointed to Acer Product. 

A:Acer v3-371-56 TOUCHPAD FREEZING

Rufon,

If you have reinstalled the drivers for the touchpad to rule out software then it could be something else. If the touch pad itself was replaced it could either be a different piece of hardware, the cable that connects it, the touch pad itself, or the operating system. If you've performed a system restore to before it started freezing up and made sure the issue exists there I would recommend that you contact the Acer Technical support again to see what options you have available are.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Acer-v3-371-56-TOUCHPAD-FREEZING/td-p/361963/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.03%

I dontknow why but touchpad has stopped working, It is an ACER Laptop and I have tried pressing the Fn Key + F7 but it justs beeps, any Idea's.

A:ACER Touchpad Issue

Look at this answer from another poster / board with your problem:
Looking at the keyboard I found a help key combination Fn-F1 which produced a menu listing several hot key combinations. One such combination was Fn-F7 which toggled the touchpad enabled/disabled.

Apparently his accidentally became disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-touchpad-issue.744295/
Relevancy 52.03%

I already sent my Laptop to Service Center here in Manilabut after one week the problem came back again. They said in the report that the touchpad was replaced. Can anyone tell me,how is that possible? What's the problem? How can i fix this. For now i am disappointed to Acer Product. 

A:Acer v3-371-56 TOUCHPAD FREEZING

Rufon,

If you have reinstalled the drivers for the touchpad to rule out software then it could be something else. If the touch pad itself was replaced it could either be a different piece of hardware, the cable that connects it, the touch pad itself, or the operating system. If you've performed a system restore to before it started freezing up and made sure the issue exists there I would recommend that you contact the Acer Technical support again to see what options you have available are.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Acer-v3-371-56-TOUCHPAD-FREEZING/td-p/361963
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently purchased an Acer 5738Z laptop with Windows 7.I find the touchpad much more sensitive than my old laptop.There is no method of decreasing the sensitivity when I go into the touchpad control box.It is an Alps touchpd.Can anyone tell me some way that I could make it less sensitive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5738z-touchpad.886620/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey team, This probably has been posted before lol. But, how on earth do you get the scrolling to work on this laptop? if it has the scrolling capability?

Cheers

A:Acer E1 510 touchpad issues

A number of Notebooks have an area on the touchpad, usually right edge for vertical and bottom edge for horizontal scrolling. Some have only the vertical scrolling.
This is for Win7, probably the same for Win8, just do the opposite:
How do I turn off touchpad scrolling in Windows 7?

This shows a download for a manual, page 18 for the Touchpad:
Acer Aspire E1-510 Manual

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54802-acer-e1-510-touchpad-issues.html
Relevancy 52.03%

a friend of mine asked me to take Vista off his system an d put xp on it so i did he negeclted to tell me that his touchpad Acer 3690 Touchpad had stop working before i did it so off went vista on went xp home edition Sp and thought Acer 3690 Touchpad i could solve the problem later on down the line with a driver so i used an usb mouse to continue with the xp installation as we know with installing a new operating system there is alot of work to be done afterwards go to device manager and see how many yellow you have to update drivers st thing i noticed is the device manager did not pick up the touchpad only the usb mouse when i plugged out the usb mouse the mouse and other pointing devices was gone from device manager so i am at a stage now where everything in the laptop works grand got his web cam working wireless card working bluetooth card etc etc etc in device manager no yellow so all drivers updated as for touchpad i know from previous experiance the FN F will disable enable the touch pad and when i do it it comes up on the screen touchpad disable enabled i do it several times still no reaction from the touchpad i go to acer support website and download the Synaptics driver for the tochpad do a reboot and still nothing from touchpad i try the fn f again no respone again what is bugging me is this Device Manager reads no tochpad installed under mouse and other pointing devices which would suggest to me that its hardware that if its not read in device manager than its not connected to the board but if i press Fn F it reads touchpad disable enable so the laptop does read the toucpad in some way i install a program called everest you may know it its basically a program that reads your hardware tells you your ram make and model speed hard drive make and model size of it motherboard name bios details etc etc etc the thing is when i go to input devices through everest my P s touchpad mouse comes up with my external usb one yet still in device manager nothing i cant figure out how one reads it and other doesnt Any help Please sugestions anything Update i have gone into IRQ settings and it is IRQ and it reads this device is not present is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed code nbsp

A:Acer 3690 Touchpad

I have the same problem but I was moving from Windows XP to Vista on my laptop. I had recovered all drivers but my touchpad and USB mouse were not working. Then I download drivers of both from Microsoft site but only once they worked than after all things are same. If you get the solution for touchpad than share it with me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-3690-touchpad.149649/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've had my laptop for a year but only had problems in the last few months concerning the touchpad. It had stopped working for me and I couldn't use it for a while. I don't know how but it started to work again, except that when I tap-to-click with the touchpad, it opens the context menu. I cannot directly open an icon without having to choose "open" on the menu first - anywhere tap on my desktop, it opens a menu.
I have Synaptics and I've tried altering the settings, but It hasn't worked for me yet.
It's very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-9300-touchpad.650242/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have just purchased a new laptop from ebuyer - the acer ferrari one 200, with windows 7 home premium 64-bit. The touchpad works, but I cannot get it to right-click. The right 'side' doesn't do anything! I have uninstalled the driver from Device Manager, updated the Synaptics Touchpad driver (but I didnt delete the old one first), checked the options for the device. What should I do - nothing I try works!

I am using Firefox just in case there is a compatibility problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-ferrari-one-200-touchpad.892502/
Relevancy 52.03%

I purchased an Acer Aspire E E - G- VG Laptop on Saturday The Touchpad clicks on it's own sometimes when I'm browsing nbsp a website or hovering over programs files etc and will open them Is that normal nbsp It happens several times a day nbsp I'm trying to figure out if it happens with most Touchpads due to Windows compadibility issues or just my laptop nbsp nbsp I've called Acer tech support several times with no luck I've changed mouse settings lowering double click speed uninstalled the mouse and display drivers then restarted laptop they installed automatcially and added the Synaptics then nbsp ELANTECH drivers from Acer's website I couldn't find the nbsp Synaptics and nbsp ELANTECH drivers in the Device Manager after I installed them though only the old drivers so I'm not even sure if they're running I Acer on own its Is... E Touchpad sometimes. 15 clicks like the laptop but am afraid when I start using it for video editing picture editing Amazon banking etc it may be a bigger issue with the touchpad's sensitivity and the laptop is brand new nbsp The problem has been the same before and after the Windows Anniversary update nbsp Any help or thoughts would be appreciated Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-E-15-Touchpad-clicks-on-its-own-sometimes-Is-that-normal/td-p/459574
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone. I bought my Aspire ES1-311 just a weeks ago and I re-installed Windows 8.1 but the touchpad does not work. I tried to activate it with "Fn + F7" without success, I installed touchpad drivers (on the official download page of Acer website). The setup said that all is ok but still not working. In the mouse configuration menu of Windows 8.1 (Configuration panel), the Synaptics menu does not appear. On my Ubuntu disbrution, touchpad work fine without any driver. How can I fix this ? Thanks and happy new year

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire ES1-311 touchpad does not work

Hello, I had the same problem which I solved. Fix steps: 1.Reset 2.Press F2 to enter in BIOS 3.Main 4.Set touchpad as basic (NO ADVANCED!!!) . All other should be set as anable in Main 5.Press F10 to save changes I hope this sequence to solve your problems

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-ES1-311-touchpad-does-not-work/td-p/328483/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to configure my Syanptics Touchpad on my TravelMate 5520. I have been into mouse options but there is no tab for Synaptics touchpad.
I would like to know how to do this or do I need a driver, if so could you point me to a location thanks.

A:Acer TravelMate Touchpad Buttons

Try the drivers here:

Acer Europe - Service & Support, Drivers & Utilities, Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/61546-acer-travelmate-touchpad-buttons.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone. I bought my Aspire ES1-311 just a weeks ago and I re-installed Windows 8.1 but the touchpad does not work. I tried to activate it with "Fn + F7" without success, I installed touchpad drivers (on the official download page of Acer website). The setup said that all is ok but still not working. In the mouse configuration menu of Windows 8.1 (Configuration panel), the Synaptics menu does not appear. On my Ubuntu disbrution, touchpad work fine without any driver. How can I fix this ? Thanks and happy new year

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire ES1-311 touchpad does not work

Hello, I had the same problem which I solved. Fix steps: 1.Reset 2.Press F2 to enter in BIOS 3.Main 4.Set touchpad as basic (NO ADVANCED!!!) . All other should be set as anable in Main 5.Press F10 to save changes I hope this sequence to solve your problems

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-ES1-311-touchpad-does-not-work/td-p/328483
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Acer Aspire laptop that is giving me problems. When I use the touchpad it is like it is on auto-pilot. I move it around and it just starts clicking on every icon it hovers over. When I press F7 AND FN IT DISAbles the touchpad and I can use it fine with the mouse. Is this something that is wrong with the mouse/touchpad settings, a Virus or something else I am not considering. It is actually doing the same crazy stuff when using an external Mouse. It is just clicking things automatically when I move over the icons. It is also happening in safe mode. It is like the Laptop is on steroids. Suggestions ; Software, hardware or a virus. I just replaced the screen on the Laptop. Thanks Let me know if you have some suggestions or need anymore information from me.

A:Acer Touchpad going crazy clicking on everything!

Try reinstalling the driver/s, get the recent driver/s from your manufacture's website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406855/acer-touchpad-going-crazy-clicking-on-everything/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

Just installed windows 7 64bit and reinstalled all the original drivers (Some of which needed updating online due to the switch to 64bit) and everything seems to working perfectly, except the Touchpad. At the moment I'm using a normal mouse but I take the laptop out alot so the touch pad's funtionality is pretty important.

Hope someone out there can help me

P.S

I went to the Acer website and downloaded the reccomended driver but when i tried intslling it, it said it could not find the OS Specific startup program...

A:Acer 8930G Touchpad Problem

Hey.

I had the same problem on an Acer 8930G after installing W7 32bit. The Acer drivers didn't solve the problem. The manufacturer of the touchpad is Synaptics. I downloaded the driver from their site Drivers | Synaptics. That solved the problem.

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/39333-acer-8930g-touchpad-problem.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an acer aspire one D-150 netbook running XP. Works great, but it has a touch pad with a mind of its own since I got it. Sometimes, when rolling over buttons, etc., it operates and i wind up clicking on something i didn't intend. Anyone else having this problem? If so, any advice to fix?

A:Acer Aspire One touchy touchpad

Go to Acers support webpage and download and install the touch-pad driver for your model laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-touchy-touchpad.146110/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi ACER E5-571-589Q Have had for a year,its been fine.But recently the touchpad is driving me mad..You cant left or right click(one click) nor can you hold the left click say scroll over a selection to copy/paste etc.Plug in mouse no problem.Ive changed every single setting.Nothing Any help appreciated. regardssean

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/ACER-E5-571-589Q-TOUCHPAD-PROBLEMS/td-p/461880
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Acer community nbsp I had this laptop since Acer VN7-592G fix Erratic [FIX] touchpad May and was very satisfied with it however the one thing that bugged me since day was that touchpad and the bloatware nbsp Software fix for erratic touchpad The touchpad being erratic and [FIX] Acer VN7-592G Erratic touchpad fix inaccurate at times when i try to move my cursor over a small distance it would not detect and then jump past the point i want it to hit it was driving me insane nbsp I tried the firmware update that acer provided installed the newer drivers from synaptics and also the ELAN I C filter driver it didnt do anything nbsp Forums all over the internet esp from the dell forums regarding the XPS suggested disabling the enhance pointer precision in the pointer options tab under mouse settings from the control panel this bandaid solution did indeed improve but more importantly it told me that it was a software issue from crappy windows precision touchpad drivers nbsp nbsp I came across this reddit thread where they disabled the PTP drivers and installed the legacy synaptic drivers over PS https www reddit com r Dell comments nbjbp yes a solutionactual working fix xps laptops nbsp nbsp While their method could not be replicated on our acer laptops exactly by disabling the I C bus in the device manager Acer has provided a nice bios option that can nbsp disable the I C bus via the bios nbsp Follow the instructions in this link to change the touchpad settings to Basic in the BIOS http acer custhelp com app answers detail a id changing-the-precision-touchpad-settings-in nbsp Reboot back into windows and you will realise your gestures and -finger scrolls do not work at the moment but fret not nbsp In your device manager a new PS Device should appear under mice and other pointing nbsp devices nbsp Download and extract the PS synaptic drivers via this link http drivers synaptics com Synaptics v C x -x Win Signed MS Win UXUI PS SMbu nbsp Right click on the PS Device and update driver locating the inf file for the driver of to the x folder nbsp Select Synaptics PS Port Touchpad and install and now your PS devices is a synaptics PS touchpad nbsp nbsp Reboot as instructed and volia nbsp You should have an additional tab in your mouse options to access the synaptics settings adjust the various settings to your liking and you can have your gestures and finger scoll back nbsp I believe this should work for most V VN series laptops do let me know if they work and if you enjoy the laptop on legacy synaptics drivers instead of bleep ty windows precision touchpad drivers nbsp Hardware fix for shakiness The touchpad was flimsy shaky to me and it made a bang for buck laptop feel cheaper than it had to The solution to that was to open the laptop and placed sponges melamine where the white boxes are there were thick enough to get the right solid built feel of the touchpad by removing the shakiness play but thin enough to allow me to still click the button For my laptop there was already a black sponge on one side of the touchpad but I believe it was too little to remove the play from the touchpad nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp P S Bloatware was an easy fix reinstalling windows with a clean image in case those were also wondering you do not need a CD-key as the key is embedded in your uefi bios and it will not prompt you for it during installation or setup of windows and it will automatically be authenticated nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/FIX-Acer-VN7-592G-Erratic-touchpad-fix/td-p/463325
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Acer Aspire laptop that is giving me problems. When I use the touchpad it is like it is on auto-pilot. I move it around and it just starts clicking on every icon it hovers over. When I press F7 AND FN IT DISAbles the touchpad and I can use it fine with the mouse. Is this something that is wrong with the mouse/touchpad settings, a Virus or something else I am not considering. Let me know if you have some suggestions or need anymore information from me. Thanks

A:Acer Touchpad going crazy clicking on everything!

It is actually doing the same crazy stuff when using an external Mouse. It is just clicking things automatically when I move over the icons. It is also happening in safe mode. It is like the Laptop is on steroids. Suggestions ; Software, hardware or a virus. I just replaced the screen on the Laptop. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-touchpad-going-crazy-clicking-on-everything.1004846/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I've recently bought an Acer VN7-592G-76FZ but I'm experiencing major issues with the touchpad: randomly during normal usage the cursor starts going crazy, jumps all over the screen and becomes unusable/unresponsive.Disabling and re-enabling (twice Fn+F7) the touchpad temporarily solves the issue, so I guess it's software- and not hardware-related. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the related driver (which appears to be dated at 2006, how can it be?) through the Windows 10 utility "Device Manager" Utility and even to update it (by downloading the Synaptic driver from Acer website) but still I get no luck. Any ideas? Please help me, I'm going mad and I'm always forced to bring an external mouse along with my laptop!  Thanks in advance! 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-VN7-592G-Touchpad-Issues/td-p/440615/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I've recently bought an Acer VN7-592G-76FZ but I'm experiencing major issues with the touchpad: randomly during normal usage the cursor starts going crazy, jumps all over the screen and becomes unusable/unresponsive.Disabling and re-enabling (twice Fn+F7) the touchpad temporarily solves the issue, so I guess it's software- and not hardware-related. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the related driver (which appears to be dated at 2006, how can it be?) through the Windows 10 utility "Device Manager" Utility and even to update it (by downloading the Synaptic driver from Acer website) but still I get no luck. Any ideas? Please help me, I'm going mad and I'm always forced to bring an external mouse along with my laptop!  Thanks in advance! 

A:Acer VN7-592G Touchpad Issues

There is a firmware update available for the touchpad on the website. Try it and post back your result here. http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/Firmware/Firmware_Acer_1.17_A_A.zip?acerid=635926742737...

Owner of an Aspire Black Edition VN7 592G 79FH

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-VN7-592G-Touchpad-Issues/td-p/440615
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm having some troubles with my brand new Acer Aspire 7730G (vista).

The touchpad doesn't work quite correctly. The right button is completely non-responsive. Also, a couple of times the touchpad itself was non-responsive to tapping. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, didn't help.

Uhhh, help me. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi! I bought yesterday a new Acer V3-111P. I tried to install windows 8.1 and at the beggining of the install my touchpad didn't work. My screentouch is working pretty well, so I installed windows 8.1. I've tried other touchpad drivers too, but my touchpad still won't work. Anybody has idea why it isn't working? Thanks hopefully

A:Acer V3-111P touchpad doesn't work

Which touchpad drivers did you install? Make and version number? Thanks Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-V3-111P-touchpad-doesn-t-work/td-p/279732
Relevancy 50.74%

I bought an Acer Aspire E5-511, but I have problem with touchpad and Windows 8.1.The touchpad (Synaptics) is not working with Windows 8.1 x64, but it works fine with Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8 x64.When I install Windows 8.1 and have to choose? language to install? I can?t choose anything with the touchpad. I should plug in my mouse to continue. I doesn?t work even when it?s fully installed and with latest driver (available only for win 8.1 x64) from Acer?s website. I tried with an older driver, but had no success. I updated BIOS, but it doesn?t work again. In hardware IDS in device manager it shows HID\? not ACPI\? (like win 7/8). Fn+F7 doesn?t help.When I try to install Windows7/8 the touchpad is working properly at the beginning (I can choose ?language to install?, ?Time and currency format?? and the touchpad works after install even without driver).

A:Problem with touchpad and Windows 8.1. Acer Aspire...

There are several threads here about troublesome touchpads on E5, E3, V3 and other Aspire laptops with Win 8.1. No one has found the definitive solution yet, I think.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Problem-with-touchpad-and-Windows-8-1-Acer-Aspire-E5-511/td-p/288552/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.74%

Whenever I wake my chromebook from sleep the trackpad function is inoperable. There is no cursor displayed and using the trackpad does not appear to have any effect (i.e. no "invisible" cursor either). Upon reboot all trackpad function is restored. This started happening after I had been using my chromebook for a few months, so I'm guessing there was a software update associated with it, but I have no idea which one. Anyone else experienced this? TIA

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Acer-c740-touchpad-trackpad-unresponsive-after-wake-from-sleep/td-p/444292/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a month old Acer Aspire E 15 laptop. Its touchpad is very hard and for normal touch it just keeps roaming picking up cells. It can only be stopped by taking off the finger and then carefully taking cursor to an empty cell and press hard to click so the several picked up cells get released and I can work further. I tried Fn+F7 suggested by a forum member but it acts only an On/Off switch for the touchpad. Press Fn+F7 and it goes off, press again it comes back. But the hardness remains. A click with the touchpad means press the touchpad hard till it literally 'clicks'. Looks like the machine will be usable only with a mouse. Before I had a Lenovo and never faced any such problem. Anyone faced such a problem?And any solutions? 

A:New Acer Aspire E15. Touchpad very hard and diffic...

Hi,If you have Precision Touchpad in your laptop, go to Settings, Devices and select mouse and touchpad, try disabling features one by one and test whether it resolves the problem, when you say that you have to press hard, did you mean physically? If it is, then it may be a hardware problem and needs a technicians attention.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/New-Acer-Aspire-E15-Touchpad-very-hard-and-difficult-to-move/td-p/463601
Relevancy 50.74%

I own an acer laptop running windows 7 that works great except I have a small problem with the touchpad. Whenever I press a key on the keyboard the touchpad dosen't work. I figure this is some problem with the driver. I have tried rolling back the driver which got rid of the problem but then also added a whole bunch off other problems because it was a really old driver. anyway this makes it basically impossible to play any games(unless I use an external mouse) because you have to use the keyboard and touchpad at the same time.

This isn't a huge deal but it would be nice to play games on the go without having to carry a mouse around.

A:touchpad driver issue for acer 5739G

anyone? theres got to be some way to fix this. Why would acer sell a gaming notebook that doesn't allow you to play games.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292460/touchpad-driver-issue-for-acer-5739g/