Windows Support Forum

How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?

Q: How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?

How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware update (DXM04B0Q)? The Magician software is supposed to do it, but when I open up the download folder where the firmware update download is located, the Magician software doesn't see it. I've downloaded the firmware in many different locations, but still, the Magician software doesn't see it. Any Ideas? See snips to see firmare update download location and what Magician software sees. The firmware update (DXM04B0Q) is right below the Symantic folder.

Magician download and firmware update download: Support - Solid State Drives MZ-7PD512 | Samsung Memory & Storage

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?

Couple of things you can try.
- Move the DXM04B0Q folder to your desktop. Does the Samsung Magician see it?
- If still no joy, try letting the Magician download the firmware. Verify it downloaded the correct version.

I also found this tutorial.

Samsung SSD Firmware Upgrade Guide | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276163-how-do-i-install-latest-samsung-ssd-firmware.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I've updated the bios on motherboards and dvd burners but, I'm not sure if I have the most up to date firmware/drivers and am not sure how to go about doing it on this ssd any help will be appreciated Thanks! SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com

A:latest firmware/driver updates for my Samsung 840 120GB SSD

How long ago did you buy this drive? I bought the exact same thing about three months ago and it has the most up-to-date firmware available.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302118-latest-firmware-driver-updates-my-samsung-840-120gb-ssd.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Can't seem to find an answer to my question - Does the firmware update mean I have to reinstall windows? I have done firmware updates on other devices in the past, but not on a "boot" device, so just need an answer.

Edit: According to samsung it does not wipe HD, but just wanted people who have done an "inplace upgrade" to answer.

Edit: It worked fine through magician.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71269-samsung-850-evo-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Like the title says I am looking for a firmware upgrade for my Samsung InfoRanger SCM-110R.

Recently my ISP upgraded their signals and the InfoRanger doesn't work any longer. The firmware on the device is well over nine years old, and I'd like to try and upgrade it.

I realize this modem is a dinosaur but I can't afford a new one right now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Nostzz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-samsung-inforanger-firmware-out-there-anywhere.879056/
Relevancy 62.78%

A few months back I purchased this from amazon com Western Digital SuperSpeed USB PCI Express PCIe find to 3.0 Trying USB card. drivers/firmware for latest Card Brand Name Western Digital Model WDBFNJ NNC-WASN http www amazon com gp product B GF PC ref oh details o s i I have Windows Ultimate -bit The original installation went just fine but I never did test to see if transfer speeds were any faster The instructions specifically Trying to find latest drivers/firmware for USB 3.0 card. mention to install the software first then the hardware Recently I did a clean reinstall of Windows Ultimate x I never did remove the card I tried running the software with the hardware already installed Well the drives are recognized and all but the transfer rate between the two drives one is Seagate and one is WD is only around MB sec USB speed right So from what I've been able to find over the past couple of hours is that I can't contact WD about the card They know nothing and the product can't be found on their website In device manager it's listed as NEC Electronics and it seems there's been some combination of forces between NEC Electronics and Renesas Questions I have found updated drivers and firmware for NEC Renesas USB cards but they are broken down into different models or families For instance most of them use a number along the lines of uPD uPD A Version WHQL uPD uPD Version WHQL So how do I find out what my uPD number is so that I grab the right files Do I need to uninstall current drivers software remove the card from my PC install the correct drivers and then install the card back into my machine See bit about installation instructions near beginning of post OR can I just find the updates and install them without removing the card If so do I uninstall the old drivers or just install the new drivers and firmware over the top of the existing files I hope that makes sense If you need any more info just let me know Thanks in advance

A:Trying to find latest drivers/firmware for USB 3.0 card.

As far as question 2 goes, I would treat it like a brand new install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/275370-trying-find-latest-drivers-firmware-usb-3-0-card.html
Relevancy 62.78%

nbsp Hi nbsp i use CRWER - router JE A nbsp Status General Information C number CRWER - Software version wwBoot loader version Redboot V Wireless version DFS Hardware firmware, solv... and upgrade to How to 3CRWER200-75 latest the version COM AP v nbsp I have a problem with changing wireless settings On status menu they are showed as changed but really all devices can connect to lan with deffault name Com without any security How to upgrade the 3CRWER200-75 to latest firmware, and solv... And even if i turn off the wireless it will work How to upgrade the 3CRWER200-75 to latest firmware, and solv... nbsp I had firmware version - v s but I had problem with low internet speed it worked at - Mbit s max with ISP port up to Gbit sAfter this i tryed to upgrade to v WW v SH v WW and now i try to use v WW nbsp Problem with low speed are remain and i can t change wifi settings and all can connect to my wifi and use my network nbsp How i can solve the problem and where i can find last firmware or find old v s nbsp

A:How to upgrade the 3CRWER200-75 to latest firmware, and solv...

Hi Try https://h10145.www1.hp.com/Downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JE467A&lang=en&cc=us&prodSe...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-upgrade-the-3CRWER200-75-to-latest-firmware-and-solve/td-p/5618661
Relevancy 61.92%

Hard Drives Hitachi {Firmware SAMSUNG Bug} HD155UI/HD204UI HDS DLE nbsp Firmware M OASR nbsp Serial Number MSK HILD G nbsp Features- S M A R T nbsp bit LBA {Firmware Bug} SAMSUNG HD155UI/HD204UI APM {Firmware Bug} SAMSUNG HD155UI/HD204UI NCQ nbsp I have tried backing up system image to my ext hard drive since early last month July but nbsp there is always the error message The backup failed New bad clusters were found on the source volume These clusters were not backed up x D Run SFC Scannow- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations nbsp Lately while going through CrystalDiskInfo clicking Functions I come across nbsp Workaround which gives this nbsp message Firmware Bug SAMSUNG HD UI HD UI nbsp Googling the above message brings me the website knowledge seagate com articles US FAQ en- Samsung HD UI JP exe Firmware Patch Update If the host issues an identify command during an action of writing data nbsp in NCQ the data's writing can be destabilized and can lead to data loss This is relevant for Samsung-model ID with the following model numbers HD UI nbsp Can this patch update fixed the system image backup failure

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Firmware-Bug-SAMSUNG-HD155UI-HD204UI/td-p/5722959
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone,

New to this, first post so please go slowly.

I have a Samsung blue ray player BD-UP5000, and I have down loaded the new zip file of the firmware upgrade version 1.6 to my computer. I then burnt a dvd-rw. When I inserted the disc into my Blue ray player it reads ERROR #0x000000ff and then ejects the disc. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

A:Samsung BD-UP5000 firmware up grade

It probably can't read re-writable media so try using DVD-R or DVD+R

You can also update it directly via the internet by connecting it to your router and updating in real-time from the Samsung website. The BD-UP5000 has an ethernet port on it for this purpose.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/BD-UP5000/XAC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-bd-up5000-firmware-up-grade.1016097/
Relevancy 61.92%

Samsung has recently posted firmware update EXM03B6Q for the 850 Pro on the download site.
I was unable to update via Magician so downloaded the ISO and ran it from a USB drive.
I was one of the lucky ones who didn't update to EXM02B6Q in Feb of 2015 which was a total disaster.
The update worked without any problems and speeds have not changed at all.
There is also a PDF installation guide for those who like to read first.
Don't forget to image the SSD first just in case. I did not, however loose data but better safe than sorry.

Tool & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402558-samsung-ssd-850-pro-firmware-update-finally-available.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all My system specs are the following Windows Enterprise -bit UEFI Bios Phoenix BIOS version and drivers are updated also confirmed by Slimdrivers Samsung Series ULTRA U C-S PT Also It is an hybrid drive TB HDD amp GB SSD that is supposedly well installed the laptop never been so fast after formating and installing windows with express cache to take advantage of SSD hybrid boosting Windows works like a speedster the SAMSUNG firmware settings UEFI only UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG problem is the inaccessibility of BIOS for example i want to enable the virtualization VT-X to install Oracle VM and i can't go BIOS to edit virtualization Problems UEFI BIOS firmware settings boot dialog is inaccessible Not working suggested fixes i hotkeys Esc F F F and F don't log in BIOS Although safe mode debug logging etc are available Disabling Fast Bios in the control panel gt power management dialog doesn't do anything ii UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG automatic repair seems to give an error after the account is specified in the repair boot dialog it gives error iii recovery gt Advanced options gt UEFI Firmware Settings Boot is not Visible iv EasyUEFI free only works with Windows Home not Enterprise it would resolve the issue appropriately with the boot into UEFI option Sources Cause according to internet forums i Probably my uefi has Secure Boot Enabled and Fast Boot also making the boot system almost instantaneous UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG and rendering other boot scenarios blocked Because system is only seeing the SSD drive as boot option ii There is a problem with samsung laptops and uefi that makes the express cache and SSD install very tedious and difficult i managed to do it and the pc is smooth the only issue is to access BIOS Anyone has a clue on how to sort this out Specifications Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit CPU Intel Core i U GHz C Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD SAMSUNG NP CPU Socket - U E BIOS Brand Phoenix Technologies Ltd Version P AAJ Date Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel HD Graphics Samsung MB NVIDIA GeForce GT M Samsung C ForceWare version SLI Disabled Storage GB Hitachi HTS A E SATA C GB SanDisk SSD i GB SSD Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU- BB Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60382-uefi-firmware-settings-samsung.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hard Drives Hitachi HDS DLE nbsp Firmware M OASR nbsp Serial Number MSK {Firmware HD155UI/HD204UI Bug} SAMSUNG HILD G nbsp Features- S M A R T nbsp bit LBA APM NCQ nbsp I have tried backing up system image to my ext hard {Firmware Bug} SAMSUNG HD155UI/HD204UI drive since early last month July but nbsp there is always the error message The backup failed New bad clusters were found on the source volume These clusters were not backed up x D Run SFC Scannow- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations nbsp Lately while going through CrystalDiskInfo clicking Functions I come across nbsp Workaround which gives this nbsp message Firmware Bug SAMSUNG HD UI HD UI nbsp Googling the above message brings me the website knowledge seagate com articles US FAQ en- Samsung HD UI JP exe Firmware Patch Update If the host issues an identify command during an action of writing data nbsp in NCQ the data's writing can be destabilized and can lead to data loss This is relevant for Samsung-model ID with the following model numbers HD UI nbsp Can this patch update fixed the system image backup failure

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Firmware-Bug-SAMSUNG-HD155UI-HD204UI/td-p/5722959
Relevancy 61.92%

g'day,

my dvd player (samsung ts-h352a) has been having issues lately meaning that it very rarely reads any cd inside. It's light will slowly pulse but it does not sound like it spins up and then reports that there is no cd in the drive. all cd's are original manufacturer copies. I went to the samsung site to upgrade the firmware and it has offered me a *.bin file that has no windows assosciation. when i look for drivers through device manager it looks for only *.inf files. what am i doing wrong, any suggestions to alternate fixes perhaps?

cheers, Hrtbob

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi.. I have been trying to install Sims 2 on my PC but neither of my DVD drives will read the first disc. My first DVD drive is an NECDVD2500a which i have just updated the firmware for becuase i thought that could be the problem and the other is an IDE DVD ROM 16X but i don't know the specifics of that (im currently trying to find out, will get back with that info).. The disc is quite scratched so could it be that reason that neither will read it?? I haven't yet had the chance to try and put it in another PC but any light that can be shed on the matter would be brilliant. Thanks in advance for any help from anyone

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello, can anyone tell me what are the latest firmware versions for Dell Universal Receiver and (if applicable) KM714 wireless keyboard & mouse?
The drivers download pages are a mess and it's hard to find a proper update file or match it with the system (e.g. KM714 drivers are formally not available for Win10).
Here's my current status of FW:

A:Latest firmware for Dell Universal Receiver & KM714

Here's the link to the July 2016 Driver update:  http://dell.to/2eQMR8nand for KM714 & WM514 Dell Universal Receiver Update:http://dell.to/2eQNSxe

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995649
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I have samsung fit phone s and recently got firmware update via samsung kies but when i try to update it Kies crashes and give following error Problem signature Problem Event Name CLR r Problem Signature gt-s exe Problem upgrading Samsung error firmware on Kies Signature Problem Signature e ef Problem Signature FirmwareUpdateAgent Common Problem Signature Problem Signature e ef Problem Signature fd Problem Samsung Kies error on firmware upgrading Signature Problem Signature System IndexOutOfRangeException OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Samsung Kies error on firmware upgrading Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e I have latest samsung Kies version I dont know whats causing this error Little dig from event viewr showed more on error Application GT-S exe Framework Version v Description The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception Exception Info System IndexOutOfRangeException Stack at FirmwareUpdate Agent Common DeviceManagement gBY at FirmwareUpdate Agent Common DeviceManagement DeviceDetect System String at FirmwareUpdate Models FirmwareUpdateModel ctor FirmwareUpdate Agent Common AgentParameter FirmwareUpdate Agent Common UpdateType Boolean at FirmwareUpdate ViewModels FirmwareUpgradeViewModel ctor Boolean at FirmwareUpdate Views FirmwareUpgradeView ctor Boolean at FirmwareUpdate App Application Startup System Object System Windows StartupEventArgs at System Windows Application OnStartup System Windows StartupEventArgs at System Windows Application lt ctor gt b System Object at System Windows Threading ExceptionWrapper InternalRealCall System Delegate System Object Int at MS Internal Threading ExceptionFilterHelper TryCatchWhen System Object System Delegate System Object Int System Delegate at System Windows Threading DispatcherOperation InvokeImpl at System Windows Threading DispatcherOperation InvokeInSecurityContext System Object at System Threading ExecutionContext runTryCode System Object at System Runtime CompilerServices RuntimeHelpers ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup TryCode CleanupCode System Object at System Threading ExecutionContext RunInternal System Threading ExecutionContext System Threading ContextCallback System Object at System Threading ExecutionContext Run System Threading ExecutionContext System Threading ContextCallback System Object Boolean at System Threading ExecutionContext Run System Threading ExecutionContext System Threading ContextCallback System Object at System Windows Threading DispatcherOperation Invoke at System Windows Threading Dispatcher ProcessQueue at System Windows Threading Dispatcher WndProcHook IntPtr Int IntPtr IntPtr Boolean ByRef at MS Win HwndWrapper WndProc IntPtr Int IntPtr IntPtr Boolean ByRef at MS Win HwndSubclass DispatcherCallbackOperation System Object at System Windows Threading ExceptionWrapper InternalRealCall System Delegate System Object Int at MS Internal Threading ExceptionFilterHelper TryCatchWhen System Object System Delegate System Object Int System Delegate at System Windows Threading Dispatcher InvokeImpl System Windows Threading DispatcherPriority System TimeSpan System Delegate System Object Int at MS Win HwndSubclass SubclassWndProc IntPtr Int IntPtr IntPtr at MS Win UnsafeNativeMethods DispatchMessage System Windows Interop MSG ByRef at System Windows Threading Dispatcher PushFrameImpl System Windows Threading DispatcherFrame at System Windows Threading Dispatcher PushFrame System Windows Threading DispatcherFrame at System Windows Threading Dispatcher Run at System Windows Application RunDispatcher System Object at System Windows Application RunInternal System Windows Window at System Windows Application Run System Windows Window at FirmwareUpdate App Main Also found this - System - Provider Name Application Error - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer Ankit-PC Security - E... Read more

A:Samsung Kies error on firmware upgrading

You might try removing and reinstalling Kies. Also try the older version, sometimes newer is not better.
Perhaps there is a Samsung forum where this issue is addressed too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189668-samsung-kies-error-firmware-upgrading.html
Relevancy 61.49%

friends I'm installing a fresh samsung 840 120gb. i thought i could put the ssd on sata 1 [not zero] and get firmware via magician on my windows 8 lab mule. no dice. apparently magician ONLY wants to see the ssd on sata zero. it can pull up the drive, but none of the controls work.
soooo... I'm thinking I'm going to have to go with the drive 'as is' to install 7 on a notebook, then as first order of business go pickup the firmware update and execute it.

will this result in sub-par arrangement? best I can tell the fw update is non-destructive.
is there another way?

A:samsung ssd: will firmware update harm anything? magician no use.

friends i have a new samsung 840 to replace a failing drive in a hp notebook.
i wanted to update the samsung firmware first, then do the install of windows 7 x64 but using the samsung so-called Magician, trying the drive on sata 1 [instead of 0] it still cannot properly register the drive. all I get is the SMART info - everything else is neutered. illogical... how does samsung want to update firmware? AFTER the os is installed?
a little guidance would sure be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302312-samsung-ssd-will-firmware-update-harm-anything-magician-no-use.html
Relevancy 61.49%

So I installed my new SSD, set up all my programs and files, and was having some trouble with discovering an ACHI drivers (which apparently cannot be achieved on my dell latitude model IDE ATA/ATAPI driver missing?)

Anyway after installing the Samsung Magician software to help optimize the SSD, it said that a firmware update was available, so upon updating I was rewarded with a BSOD after restarting. I became angry and did a system restore with my image disk and started over. This time in the samsung magician it said the firmware was already up to date so I didn;t think anything of it until today another BSOD. If I have to do another reinstall I will take my own life, so I hope someone can help me here.

Attachment 311734

A:BSOD After Samsung magician (840 pro SSD) Firmware update

Do you use the DW1520 Wireless-N WLAN Half-mini card?
If so then it looks like the driver for it is the problem.

Do you have a spare HDD that you can use because I think the driver for it is incompatible with SSDs. I will need to double check.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {10, 2, 0, fffff80002ea4ec9}

Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!IppValidatePaths+71 )

Code:
fffff880`04a8f000 fffff880`04f12000 bcmwl664 (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl664.sys
Image name: bcmwl664.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jan 07 08:05:56 2011 (4D26C964)
CheckSum: 0048C1C3
ImageSize: 00483000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
It doesn't mention compatibility with SSDs. I will keep looking. Here's the website anyway.

Driver Details | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326467-bsod-after-samsung-magician-840-pro-ssd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I ran the Samsung EVO Firmware Evo Samsung Now update boot. windows - won't 840 Firmware update that was provided because of the degrading problem said to be with the product It went all the way through and said complete There were no problems or interruptions there I closed the application and rebooted my machine The computer will get to the windows screen but right when it is supposed to go to the login it goes black and the monitors stop detecting a signal It just sits at a black screen The scary thing is that when i try to run a recovery all executables associated with a Samsung Evo 840 Firmware update - Now windows won't boot. given recovery error out I E StartRep exe fails to run Trying to load previous working fails to run Samsung Evo 840 Firmware update - Now windows won't boot. to They get memory exception type errors I put in the windows disc and have had it come up with quot hit key to boot from cd or dvd quot all repair attempts are the same as above They fail the same way The only thing I have not figured out is how to get the machine to load into safe mode i have been hitting F and doing what I can but I get no such options My options are only the repair dialogs or boot normally I do not understand why this machine has never given me a choice to boot to safe mode How can I get that to work Please help Is there anything I can do I can't find any samsung forums or info Windows Ultimate Asus X Deluxe Intel X x core G Skill Ripjaws Series x gb gb DDR Samsung Evo gb SSD Corsair RM wPSU Corsair H i Nvidia GTX

A:Samsung Evo 840 Firmware update - Now windows won't boot.

What degrading problem ? Samsungs are the best IMO, what did you think upgrading the firmware would help ? Or what did Samsung say it was for ?

How old is the drive, how often is it used ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362743-samsung-evo-840-firmware-update-now-windows-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I turned on my computer and a message popped up to update my 3 month old Samsung firmware.
I used Magician 4.5, pushed the button, and it said "failed to update drive with new firmware".
Oh? When I rebooted later my OS would not boot. I went into the bios and it ID'd the drive as Samsung 3.
Now I can't boot the drive at all. I burned the ISO of the firmware update but it can NOT find the drive in DOS. If I boot with another drive and the ruined drive together, both Samsung 840 Pro and Samsung 850 Pro, it jams the boot until I remove the damaged drive. Anybody have any knowledge or any ideas?

A:Samsung 850 PRO firmware update fialed. Now drive won't boot

I have the same problem, and now in my bios show my ssd with the name 3ckcCkckcCk;!cKcCcKcCcI and I can't re-update it

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362315-samsung-850-pro-firmware-update-fialed-now-drive-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The MP3 player contends that it's memory is full, yet it has nothing in its navigational tree. The mp3 device has corrupted before; however, last time it simply froze on one track rendering it impossible to change tracks without the device shutting down. In this instance there are no tracks to attempt to switch to, the only thing that works is the radio.

My solution was simple, reinstall the firmware implementing YP-MT6 updater--just like last time I had an issue. Sadly, the firmware install freezes well under half way through when it says "locking drive[ers?]" it was one of the two.

Anyway to beet this problem? 'Cause I'm at a loss. Not a happy costumer as far as this little samsung is concerned--i figured their phones were great so their other stuff should be too! Ha.

links to costumer service would be great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstalation-issue-with-samsung-mt6-firmware-corrupted-reinstall.45650/
Relevancy 60.63%

I've just had a 2Tb Samsung HD204UI drive installed. (I got 6 months out of the Western Digital )

A quick Google has brought up the following link.......

SAMSUNG HD204UI important firmware patch required

I'm wondering if I need this patch? How can I tell if I do? Will Vista updates look after it automatically if I do need it?

Thanks.

D.

A:Do I need firmware update for newly installed Samsung drive?

Hi,

I suppose there is no way to tell, but it would be a good thing to do as there appears to be several issues to cover off!

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/290228-do-i-need-firmware-update-newly-installed-samsung-drive.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I want to upgrade the firmware of my new Samsung DVD writer (from Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology) to the latest version.
DVD writer Model:
TSST corp CDDVDW SH-S223C
For some reason it will not burn DVD ?RW disks.

So I downloaded the latest appropriate firmware file from cdrinfo.com
Namely SH-S223C_SB04.exe which I ran under win7 (64) bit OS

This executable program in turn started up ?Tsdnwin.exe? installation program which then crashes (freezes) the system.
I had to use the Windows ?Task Manager? to End the Task.

Can this be a compatibility problem for win7 64 bit OS?
Or is my Win7 OS somehow corrupted?

Next I installed and tried ODD FW Liveupdate program and it too fails with an error message :

?that due to a system problem it failed to operate a program by
automatically connecting to it.?

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem here?

A:Failure of Firmware Upgrade of Samsung DVD Writer using Win 7 (64bit)

According to this page, you shouldn't need to worry about drivers or firmware. What I would suggest is completely uninstalling the driver from your Device Manager. Restart your computer. Windows 7 should pick up and install the burner fine.

Don't download driver and firmware files from anywhere but the manufacturers website, problems like this happen way more often when you do that

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/96435-failure-firmware-upgrade-samsung-dvd-writer-using-win-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Recently when I heard the news for firmware update availability for lumia 650 and 550, I got curious and immediately connected my phone to my PC and updated my mobile. Now I have the firmware updated to 16352.50006 but when I have noticed that the people are talking about some different firmware update version. Now I am confused what is going on. Moreover, in the current update that is 16352.50006, I am unable to uninstall/re-install an application from my windows 10 mobile. The app is faded out in the app list and the status shows as "Pending" and when I open the store, it doesn't give me the option to download or launch the app. I have check the app through the storage app and it is nowhere present in the app list. So, I guess its a kind of deadlock situation. If some one can help me on that , that would be much appreciated.

A:What is the latest firmware version for lumia 650 (I have 01078.00042.16352.50006)

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Now I am confused what is going on you have the latest firmware , no need to worry . Originally Posted by Windows Central Question The app is faded out in the app list and the status shows as "Pending" perform a soft reset by holding down volume down+ lock key until the phone reboots. Soft reset is meant to fix such minor bugs.
Join our forums to let us know if you have any other issues :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440608-what-latest-firmware-version-lumia-650-i-have-01078-00042-16352-50006-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I tried to update my dvd rw, but this is what I get.

A:Unable to install the firmware update

Make sure that all other ATAPI devices are disconnected, if possible. If the drive is no longer under warranty, try the PS0B stock flash from CodeGuys. Using this patched version may invalidate any warranty.

But, what is the reason for the upgrade? They just as often as not lead to problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-the-firmware-update.831040/
Relevancy 50.31%

ive never had this issue before and installed a few SSD drives before including an 840 and 2x 840 EVO's (RAID) - when i get to setup it says it "was unable to create a new system partition"

anyone know why this is>?

its replacing an OCZ 60Gb which never had this issue?
its going in core=i5 p67 system

there is a HDD on SATA3_0 and EVO SSD on SATA3_1 and DVD on SATA2_0 and USB mouse, keyboard & printer

help

thanks

A:Solved: Win7 install on Samsung EVO 250Gb will not install on the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-install-on-samsung-evo-250gb-will-not-install-on-the-drive.1129488/
Relevancy 49.88%

... Or maybe it's the driver I can't install. (Still not sure what the difference is.)

I've got Windows XP SP2 and a Canon FB630U scanner that someone passed along to me. I downloaded the driver and followed the install new hardware wizard accordingly. But when I got to the end, the wizard reported that it couldn't install the driver. A Windows pop-up balloon said that maybe the device wasn't working.

The friend who passed it on to me said that he couldn't use it anymore on his Mac because the OS was too advanced now and Canon hadn't updated for it. Is it possible that I've got the same issue with XP? I found a 2001 posting on this site for the FB630U, so I guess it's pretty archaic by now.

A:Solved: Canon Scanner - Can't Install Firmware

Have you gone here and downloaded the Windows 2000/XP software / drivers? http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...portDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=235&modelid=6853 You have to click the Driver tab.

You must turn off pop-up blockers like Google toolbar to see the download window.

FYI

In computing, firmware is software that is embedded in a hardware device. It is often provided on flash ROMs or as a binary image file that can be uploaded onto existing hardware by a user.

A device driver, or software driver is any computer program that allows other programs to interact with a computer hardware device, or else to work as if they are interacting with a particular device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-canon-scanner-cant-install-firmware.578488/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an Ideapad Z510. I have been facing the same issues with the battery that are listed in the new battery firmware upgrade. However, when i try installing the upgrade, it shows me that there's no such battery which needs an upgrade. What do I do? Also, I tried the battery calibration in OKO. Nothing happened for 12 hours. No battery discharge, no nothing.Looking for a solution.....please help!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Cannot-install-battery-firmware-upgrade-Z510/td-p/3386837
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

My Satellite X200 was running Vista and I installed Win7 myself. I also installed Tempro.

Now Tempro offers me 4 firmware updates dating back from 2008. The readme text warns me to check the FW version first using Toshiba disk creator.

But I don't have this program installed any more and I don't know where to find the FW version without it.

Should I install Toshiba disk creator first (but I didn't find a Win7 version for my x200) ?

Or can I go ahead and install the updates without checking the FW version ?

Thank you very much for your advice
Nicole Rosset

A:Satellite X200 - Which firmware updates should I install ?

Hi NicoleRosset,

From my own experience I can say forget the firmware updates of CD/DVD drive. I never did such an update because it?s not necessary if the drive runs properly. So if you don?t have any problems with your CD/DVD drive, just ignore the TEMPRO message.

I hope I could help :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56343-Satellite-X200-Which-firmware-updates-should-I-install
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi! I am new to the forums but I'll get to the point. I am getting a Razer Deathadder 3500 DPI Gaming Mouse for Christmas from amazon.com. I am really excited about it but heard it had driver and firmware issues that could totally break the mouse. What should I do when I receive the mouse? Should I use the CD Drivers, plug in the mouse and then update them from razerzone.com? Should I install the drivers, plug in the mouse, then install the firmware? Should I install the CD, plug in the mouse then install the drivers and firmware from razerzone? I have heard that you should install the drivers and then the firmware. There are just so many wrong ways to do it but could you please tell me the right way? I REALLY DON'T Want this mouse to break the first day. Oh and I don't even know if it comes with a CD

A:How do I install the Razer deathadder drivers + Firmware.

Install the latest drivers from Razer's website

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/129281-how-do-i-install-razer-deathadder-drivers-firmware.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am having a perplexing issue after doing appearing after Firmware install Tile OS not UEFI Settings a clean install of Windows on a GB SSD where I can not get into the quot UEFI Firmware Settings quot Tile in Advanced Options Basically when UEFI Firmware Settings Tile not appearing after OS install trying to enter the EFI BIOS via Settings in Charms PC Settings General Advanced Startup Restart Now Troubleshoot Advanced optons I do not see the quot UEFI Firmware Settings quot tile to get into the UEFI BIOS My machine which only has hard drive is an Asus N VZ and came pre-installed with Windows on the factory GB rpm HDD I cleanly reinstalled the OS on to a new GB SSD via an OEM copy on a disc and all seemed basically OK except that sometimes when getting to the Login screen it would freeze and the cursor would not be flashing I could not enter my password nor shut down via the power icon on the bottom left of the screen I would then have to hold down the power button to shut off the machine This freezing of the login screen would be intermitent where most of the time I could enter my password but maybe or so of the time I could not log in Due to that bug I decided to securely erase the SSD and once again reinstall Windows and now I have this issue where in the Advanced Options menu there is only tiles options present and not the usual as the quot UEFI Firmware Settings quot functionality is now missing Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Glenn

A:UEFI Firmware Settings Tile not appearing after OS install

Did you install in UEFI mode & partition the drive for UEFI install?

UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22501-uefi-firmware-settings-tile-not-appearing-after-os-install.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to coble together two non-working Zen Xtras into a working one. I receive a message: "Firmware Problem," and am instructed to reload the firmware. When I attempt to do so, the firware does not recognize the device although the device shows up in My Computer as a Zen Xtra. I have reloaded the drivers. When I attempt to reinstall the firmware, it states that it cannot detect the device and please connect it now. How do I resolve this lack of recognition?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-fails-to-recognize-zen-xtra-for-reloading-firmware.483238/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi tl dr Background This all started with a fight on malware in W that I've lost I realize that immunodeficiency of Windows is what we pay for convenience Ability of malware to break as virus? w7 install to as installs fails host; a firmware guest, out of vmware box was a nasty surprise given that both guest and host are fully patched windows with guest quot protected quot by ZoneAlarm av fw and host w7 installs as a guest, fails to install as host; firmware virus? quot protected quot by avast windows firewall w7 installs as a guest, fails to install as host; firmware virus? Naive attempts to recover w from img disk clone storred on an offline disk failed as well The images got infected while I was changing the boot settings in bios This was a rough awakening To stop loss I quot boot and nuked quot and formatted all affected disks to ext installed Ubuntu and vmware with windows guest on The problem Vmware flawlessly installed W guest on Ubuntu host from a genuine W installation disk However when I use the same disk to install W on bare metal it gets stuck at the first user input screen Both keyboard and mouse are frozen Troubleshooting attempts Changing mouse keyboard hdd RAM video card did not solve the problem Yes I've formatted hdd to fat and ntfs but that didn't help either Also afaik if windows can't find any suitable media it does not freeze at the first screen Instead it says quot no suitable hardware found please add a driver quot I am heaving a problem way upstream I had similar behavior when I was fighting virus but I thought I cleaned it up by creating a new file tables ms-dos already Final remarks One might say quot your motherboard or power supply is faulty quot Well In this case why would it work flawlessly with Ubuntu Besides this malware took down computers at home and a couple of computers at work So this does not look like a hardware issue to me I have a feeling that it can spread via usb keyboard mouse but I don't have enough sacrificial PCs to test it My questions What could possibly cause this sort of behavior What are the safe practices to troubleshoot this How to find security experts to share this specimen I don't have a pure sample but I know how to get one Thank you in advance Stepan

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/386026-w7-installs-guest-fails-install-host-firmware-virus.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm trying to install several large hard drives in an HP xw8400 workstation running Windows 10 Pro. The workstation has the latest bios, the drives are set to GPT and according to this post I also need newer Intel Raid Chipset Firmware. Where can I download the correct Intel Raid Chipset Firmware? It doesn't appear to be on the xw8400 official driver page. I want to ensure I'm installing the correct firmware update for this machine so there are no problems. Thanks in advance for the help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Intel-Raid-Chipset-Firmware-for-4-6tb-hard-drive-install/td-p/5733519
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey I m getting ready to install DDWRT on my Linksys WRT n V I ve been reading up on quot how to quot for weeks literally several weeks In preparation to flash my device I felt the need to telnet my router to make sure that I could before I ve reached the point of new not install my v3 Getting telet router to can wrt160n firmware, ready Solved: no return as my router does not have any firmware available for download on it s manufacturer s site When I use XP s telnet to telnet to yes I enabled the service and set the firewall to allow it it only gives me the response Code Could not open connection to the host on port Connection failed So I downloaded putty When I try to do the same thing in putty I get this error Code Network error Connection refused I d like to get this sorted out and find out exactly how to telnet my router before I jump into upgrading the firmware Any recommendations would be appreciated WRT n V Linksys Windows XP SP nbsp

A:Solved: Getting ready to install new router firmware, can not telet my wrt160n v3

find out exactly how to telnet my routerClick to expand...

Have you consulted the router user guide (on CD or from Linksys's web site)? I expect that if the router supports telnet it would be covered in the user guide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-getting-ready-to-install-new-router-firmware-can-not-telet-my-wrt160n-v3.1116955/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
I am trying to install this firmware to disable the automatic brightness but it keeps saying device is not supported.
www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails
My specs are:
Dell XPS 13 9350
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6560U CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
BIOS Version/Date: Dell Inc. 1.4.4, 14/06/2016

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989331
Relevancy 48.16%

I have just gone through a major network insanity which began with me trying to flash firmware to my Linksys WRT54G router. Now, even with it hooked up to my main router, I cannot access 192.168.1.1. What I was attempting to install was DD-WRT through the web admin. Outside, it appears to be functioning like normal, no signs of any bricks. I can even access it through wireless, but haven't tried out internet connectivity.

Help needed!

A:Solved: Linksys WRT54G refreshed during firmware install, cannot access or ping

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-wrt54g-refreshed-during-firmware-install-cannot-access-or-ping.844477/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a new HP Envy 17t with Windows 10 64 bit. I have been installing various bits of software that I need to have. However, with some applications I get a strange error pop up, first a window telling me that the application is from an unknown source then, when I click OK, to continue, another window pops up, this one:

This has happened twice in the last 24 hours. Once when I tried to install a windows application so that I can root my Lenovo android tablet and then again when I wanted to install a media converter app.

I have the latest versions of both applications, I made sure they both were made for Windows 10 64 bit, but Windows 10 won't install them.

Is there anything I can do, about this, or ....???

Thanks.

A:Latest SW ver but Win 10 won't allow it to install

Hi, just to be sure what's going on, could you
From the Settings dialogue, click/tap on the System icon.
Click/tap on About on the left side

And post what's shown from Processor onwards. Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33858-latest-sw-ver-but-win-10-wont-allow-install.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Does the latest download of Win 10 Pro install include the Fall update?

Relevancy 47.3%

hi i try install the sims 3 on my labtop and it says needs directx 9.0c or higher and i try installing directx but it say internal error dx.log

Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

P.S I REALLY WHAT TO PLAY THE SIMS 3

A:can't install latest directx

More than likely you already have the latest directx installed. That error happens sometimes for other reasons.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-install-latest-directx-538977.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to install a game on my computer and it said I needed the latest DirectX download, and redirected me to this web page -http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enso I downloaded it and ran the installation. It was working just fine up until the VERY end where it said there was an error and could not be finished. I also downloaded and tried to work the version that didn't require internet access during the installation, but that provided the same error.Here is the exact message it gave me:http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8060/errorwn1.pngAnd here are the error logs.http://www.freewebs.com/wolfenheim/DirectX.loghttp://www.freewebs.com/wolfenheim/DXError.logAny help is greatly appreciated!

A:Can't Install Latest Directx

XP or Vista? What version of DirectX?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153119/cant-install-latest-directx/
Relevancy 47.3%

Is anyone having trouble or can give me any tips on how to install Itunes 8.2.1
I already have 8.1.1 installed fine but keep getting various security issues with 8.2.1
Im running win 7260 x86.

Never had this issue before.

Thanks.

A:Cant get latest Itunes to install

Quote: Originally Posted by Fliplip

Is anyone having trouble or can give me any tips on how to install Itunes 8.2.1
I already have 8.1.1 installed fine but keep getting various security issues with 8.2.1
Im running win 7260 x86.

Never had this issue before.

Thanks.

Flip

I have 8.2.1.6 r unning fine on x86 and it was installed from the apple s'ware updater. what kind of 'security issues' are you having?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/19043-cant-get-latest-itunes-install.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I was at the middle of the installation when an error came out saying that there was an encountered error during installation and the previous drivers will be rolled back. Please help.

A:Latest NVIDIA Driver won't install

And what happened when you tried to reinstall them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/62905-latest-nvidia-driver-wont-install.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok it goes like this...
I go onto adobe website fine and great but when I go to install flash it says it works ect get the move.
But when I go onto anything flash it doesn't work. So I try to install it again same thing happens but I had a look ferther down the page it read "you need to click on a gold bar to install active x on the page."
What bar? I used to get it but I don't any more since a trojan

Help me please.

Relevancy 46.87%

The latest Windows Vista updates (Feb., 2015) fail to install. My OS is Vista Home Premium. I have run System File Checker (sfc /scannow), and the problem seems to be a corrupted file. The File Checker shows the following error message at 45% completion of the scan: "Windows Resource Protection could not perform requested operation." SFC also generates a log file but I don't know how to interpret it. The log file is too large to send as an attachment. Please advise.

A:Latest Windows Updates Do Not Install

What update is it? Would it happen to be the recent update for Power Point 2013 (KB272647)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/latest-windows-updates-do-not-install-961633.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a Similar problem in which I cannot install the update to Unable install latest latest windows update I get to percent and then it says it can t continue and resets My computer is a Windows machine upgraded to Windows I have ran sacs scan and it found corrupt files Done all Unable to install latest update the other scans that you have Unable to install latest update suggested and I did get that source image is repairable Tried all the Command prompts DIM Online and that would not work either Using Microsoft media creation I re download windows Is Mounted it do a dad and pointed the DIM online source to F it also says that source fills could not be found I have even tried to reset Windows but that encounters problems as well I have even tried to reset windows through ISO and that encounters problems as well I don t want to do a complete restore because I will Lose MS office that I paid for through my old work place an and my Windows REG Key would not work with windows Can you suggest anything else Will any of these fix the issue Windows Repair All In One Tweaking com Technicians Toolbox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587150/unable-to-install-latest-update/
Relevancy 46.87%

I keep getting the following error message when it is installing the Bios Update:  C2-Error:  Region is write protectedAnyone know how to fix this problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-t-install-latest-Bios-Update/td-p/5816876
Relevancy 46.87%

Fresh install of Win 8.1 Pro, all patched and everything else is great but I cannot install the NVIDIA drivers or the GeForce Experience software for the GeForce GTX-760 video card. This is what I get... Can anyone help? Thanks!

A:Cannot install latest NVIDIA drivers on Win 8.1 Pro...

I just found my answer on "tomshardware.com", here it is:

Chris McGheeAugust 7, 2013 8:33:26 PM

The issue I found with the "%1 is not a valid win32 application" was that the installers were calling on a common installer base to run. As it turned out it was corrupted on my machine. After removing the "Installer2" directory from "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation", I had no more issues.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/47280-cannot-install-latest-nvidia-drivers-win-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 46.87%

To all with an - desktop Don't install the latest bios update Mine would not install update Chatted with latest bios pc install will Don't your brick tech support first mistake worked until then they told me they would install update second mistake I allowed Joyce in Bangladesh doubt that is really her name to try and update third mistake Now I have an inoperative pc Can't even Don't install latest bios will brick your pc get into Windows Just a set up screen that says manufacturing program is in unlock mode I did manage to get into the bios set up a couple of times It no longer has any info on the system such as model SKU serial number etc So I can not even do a system restore So tech support did an amazing job giving me a dollar paper weight I did talk to a senior person and got Don't install latest bios will brick your pc the standard reply that we will send a box and you send it for repair So an HP tech ruins my pc and now they expect me to send it off to be fixed This is not the first one they have done this too The last one required a new Don't install latest bios will brick your pc mother board So I asked if they could just send the mother board and I would change it out Funny thing I was told they don't have one So how are they going to fix it in the promised days with out the parts It would be much faster for me to change it Then funny enough they offered for me to buy a new mother board and they would reimburse me Funny they don't have one to send but they have one for me to buy Now as this pc that my daughter uses for university studies is dead and I am forced to buy another one so my daughter can do her school work Of course when I explained this need and having to buy a replacement I was pretty much blown off Way to go product support As my pc is less than days old and was ruined by one of there employees all I originally asked was that they send me a replacement for mine Of course they cannot do anything of the sort So thank you to hp support I am off to spend money I don't about to replace this one damaged by one of you employees so my big university investment for my kid doesn't go down the drain waiting for a computer to be fixed when they don't have parts

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Don-t-install-latest-bios-will-brick-your-pc/td-p/5765902
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm trying to install this driver but it all ways fails... And turns my screen to a werid distorted veiw ... what i'm i doing wrong...

A:cant install latest nvidia driver

Hi,
if your current driver is working OK don't worry about that particular update. I have an Nvidia card and on a couple of occasions the newest available driver has given problems as you describe. I just reverted back to the "old" driver and waited for the next release which generally fixes any problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/160138-cant-install-latest-nvidia-driver.html
Relevancy 46.87%

To all with an - desktop Don't install the latest bios update Mine would not install update Chatted with tech support first mistake they told me they would install update second mistake I allowed Joyce in Bangladesh doubt that is really her name to try and update third mistake Now I have an inoperative pc Can't even get into Windows Just a set up screen that says manufacturing program is in unlock mode I did manage to get into the bios set up a couple of times It no longer has any info on the system such as model SKU serial number etc So I can even do a system restore So tech support did an amazing job giving me a dollar paper weight I did talk to a senior person and got the standard reply if we will send a box and you send it for repair So an HP tech ruins my pc and now they expect me to send it off to be fixed This is not the first one they have done this too The last one required a new mother board So I asked if they could just send the mother board and I would change it out Funny thing I was told they don't have one So how are they going to fix it in the promised days with out the parts It would be much faster for me to change it Then funny enough they offered for me to buy a new mother board and they would reimburse me Funny they don't have one to send but they have one for me to buy Now as this pc that my daughter uses for university studies is dead and I am forced Don't brick will your pc install latest bios to buy another one so my daughter can do her school work Of course when I explained this Don't install latest bios will brick your pc need and having to buy a replacement I was pretty much blown off Way to go product support As my pc is less than days old and was ruined by one of Don't install latest bios will brick your pc there employees all I originally asked was that they send me a replacement for mine Of course they cannot do anything of the sort So thank you to hp support I am off to spend money I don't about to replace this one damaged by one of you employees so my big university investment doesn't go down the drain waiting for a computer to be fixed when they don't have parts

A:Don't install latest bios will brick your pc

Sorry to hear of this unfortunate event with your new PC. A BIOS update is something I always reommend to consider the risks vs any enhancement it offers. In other words, if the machine is functioning well why risk it. I have seen too many go awry. Double warning  when a BIOS update balks on installing- never try to force it. I do understand the irritation when supposedly there is an update but it fails and an owner feels they must address it... Have you tried a BIOS rollback to revert to earlier version? This works in some-not all- cases. 1-Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key.2-When the menu appears, tap F2 for System Diagnostics.3-In the list of items will be Firmware Management.Use the arrow key to move down & highlight it.Press Enter key.4-You should see a Rollback BIOS option.Use arrow key again to highlight and press Enter key. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Don-t-install-latest-bios-will-brick-your-pc/td-p/5765896
Relevancy 46.87%

Trying to install the latest drivers for my hardware from NVIDIA
downloaded 105 MB .exe setup file
I want to Update "NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT" from 185.93 to 195.62

when I opened the setup (NVIDIA Setup error) says ::
"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your hardware. Setup will now exit."

A:Can't install latest drivers NVIDIA

Uninstall the old driver restart if necessary then run this program Guru3D - Driver Sweeper afterwords try installing the new drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/54869-cant-install-latest-drivers-nvidia.html
Relevancy 46.87%

System files, inbuilt apps and temporary update files consumes almost entire internal storage and prevent me from updating process. How can I tackle it?

A:Why cant I install the latest update on my lumia 730?

open up edge, go to settings and clear cache. Move apps to sdcard through storage sense. Delete unwanted apps from internal memory. You need at least 2gb internal memory to download and install updates.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440972-why-cant-i-install-latest-update-my-lumia-730-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Must have had whatever version of Flash Player required for Yahoo Chat cuz it worked fine for quite some time.

Then, without me doing anything, chat wouldn't work any more, and told me I had to have such and such a version of Flash and gave me a link to get it.

OK, downloaded it no problem.

Click on it to install and it says it's not a valid Win32 application.

Few days ago somebody suggested to delete the old Flash - couldn't find one to delete.

I'm stuck again.

Thanks for any help.

A:Can't install latest Flash player?

my suggestion would be to go to adobe's website and download the latest version from them. If you cannot find flash in your add/remove programs then you should check your browsers add-on/extensions and make sure to remove any versions before installing the latest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-latest-flash-player.117240/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there ive been having problems with a clean install working properly and i think its because of a windows update as the main cause other semi-related posts below about the issue install one windows Latest should updates? if you feel like looking http forums techguy org showthread php t http forums techguy org showthread php t Basically what i looking to find out if how long can i wait to install Latest one should install windows updates? updates and install all my programs after a clean install without causing more problems in the long run Dont get me wrong im NOT worried about security by Latest one should install windows updates? running without the wonderful M updates My only concern is simply performance and not have my computer locking up after a user logs off you d have to read the other posts but thats what it comes down to I would think it wouldnt really matter since they are basically patches aside from the net framework that i will be installing from the get go b c i have software that uses it But other than that M update does it really matter It cant Im just looking to perform hopefully my th and final clean install on this system with all my progys and see how it runs for a week Then if all seems good ill update windows and capture the culprit thats been driving me nuts for a month and locking up my computer Thansk for looking and sorry for asking such a stupid question nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Because of installation difficulties with my HP Officejet on my laptop (Windows xp Professional SP2), I downloaded the latest .NET Framework software. Unfortunately it would not run, per error message reading "Pen.LplsHost.exe - .NET Framework Initialization error," saying I must install first v1.1.4322. I found a v1.1.4322 folder on the laptop, but there wasn't anything but a Conf. folder and two other folders in it. So I copied from my desktop (Windows xp Home ed. SP2) the folder v1.1.4322 (with mucho files in it), and pasted it into the same folder on my laptop. Now, how do I get my v1.1.4322 installed? Thanks!

A:How do I install v.1.4322 in latest .NET Framework

BTW, I could not find a setup.exe. file in the v1.1.4322 folder. There is an installutility.exe file that I could try to use in the RUN box in the Start menu, if anyone agrees that that would be the way to go.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-install-v-1-4322-in-latest-net-framework-169704.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I need to download the latest version of installshield. mines gone corrupt. can anyone help me out I cant find it anywhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/latest-version-of-install-shield.141749/
Relevancy 46.87%

To all with an - desktop Don't install the latest bios update Mine would not install update Chatted with tech support first mistake worked until then they told me they would install update second mistake I allowed Joyce your pc latest brick bios Don't will install in Bangladesh doubt that is really Don't install latest bios will brick your pc her name to try and update third mistake Now I have an inoperative pc Can't even get into Windows Just a set up screen that says manufacturing program is in unlock mode I did manage to get into the bios set up a couple of times It no longer has any info on the system such as model SKU serial number etc So I can not even do a system restore So tech support did an amazing job giving me a dollar paper weight I did talk to a senior person and got the standard reply that we will send a box and you send it for repair So an HP tech ruins my pc and now they expect me to send it off to be fixed This is not the first one they have done this too The last one required a new mother board So I asked if they could just send the mother board and I would change it out Funny thing I was told they don't have one So how are they going to fix it in the promised days with out the parts It would be much faster for me to change it Then funny enough they offered for me to buy a new mother board and they would reimburse me Funny they don't have one to send but they have one for me to buy Now as this pc that my daughter uses for university studies is dead and I am forced to buy another one so my daughter can do her school work Of course when I explained this need and having to buy a replacement I was pretty much blown off Way to go product support As my pc is less than days old and was ruined by one of there employees all I originally asked was that they send me a replacement for mine Of course they cannot do anything of the sort So thank you to hp support I am off to spend money I don't about to replace this one damaged by one of you employees so my big university investment for my kid doesn't go down the drain waiting for a computer to be fixed when they don't have parts

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Don-t-install-latest-bios-will-brick-your-pc/td-p/5765902
Relevancy 46.44%

how to install a Samsung evo 950 pro m.2 ssd on a gigabyte gaming g5 motherboard?
I have installed it into the m.2 slot, but the computer is not recognising that it is there and I have no idea how to fix it as there are no options in the bios to help configure it.

A:how to install a samsung evo 950 pro m.2 ssd?

I've never used an m.2 slot board, but for normal SATA ports, the BIOS has (should) be set to AHCI mode for SSD's to work properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-install-a-samsung-evo-950-pro-m-2-ssd.1160258/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Guys,

Just bought a new Samsung 840 evo 250gb SSD. Burned off a new copy of 8.1 from the MS VLSC site and thought I would install it. No such luck.

My current equipment:
Z77X-UD3H gigabyte board
i5 2400
120gb mushkin SSD
12gb ram
Plus other HDDs etc

Now I installed win 8 a while back on this mushkin SSD without issue and upgraded to 8.1

The error I get is http://joeyfoo.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/win8drivererror.jpg that when I boot from the DVD with 8.1 on and go to install.

I have:
Checked SATA settings in BIOS
Formatted the new SSD every which way
Put all motherboard drivers, (extracted and zipped) onto a few externals to pickup during install
Tried to find samsung ssd drivers.
re-burned the 8.1 disk and even tried a win8

All with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
James

A:8.1 won't install Samsung SSD

Oh my specs in the proper format:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 12248 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 113943 MB, Free - 18786 MB; E: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 158790 MB; T: Total - 237944 MB, Free - 237523 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z77X-UD3H
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/8-1-wont-install-samsung-ssd.1127443/
Relevancy 46.44%

Anyone else have issues with the latest critical update? downloaded ok asked to restart , installing as usual on a restart but at 15% it hung and stayed hung , i had to force a restart luckily all was well , wifes laptop with win 7 did exactly the same thing.

A:latest critical update install hang

If you have Eset installed or any other anti virus that might cause the freeze, disable antivirus and Spyware protection.

The fix will install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/101578-latest-critical-update-install-hang.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i have tried to install the latest insider update about 7 times all seems well then it says trying restore previouse instalation then i`m back to previouse again(build 14936)
windows 10 pro insider.

Anyone else?

regards top

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/66999-can-not-install-latest-insider-update-14946-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all I'm posting this in places hoping to get a solution I cannot install any of the newer NVIDIA updates WHQL or Beta None of the 's will install no matter what i try to do or how i try to do it I am currently install NVIDIA to fail Latest updates running on the package that came with my graphics card It's not bad but i would really like to have the extra functionality that comes with the newest updates I have done both an Express Latest NVIDIA updates fail to install and Custom w clean install and it always fails right at the point that the install gets to the Control Panel part of the installation I've tried every trick i can find on the web to no avail I AM the administrator and I have also tried using the Admin account - with zero luck I've tried stepping thru the installation with the amp updates and have the same problem over and over So is there a reasonable and logical explanation for all this - along with one hopes - a reasonable and logical solution Or is there a ghost in the machine with a bad attitude NVIDIA swears the newest updates work and I see folks in this forum saying they do but I can't figure out why Any help out there

A:Latest NVIDIA updates fail to install

have you tried completely wiping the previous driver before installing?
Here's a good tool for that.
Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/171179-latest-nvidia-updates-fail-install.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Juz want to ask,i try to install the latest Google Chrome Browser but it shows 'install error'?can some1 tell me why?

A:Why i cannot install latest Google Chrome browser?

WhA+ err0R 15 1+ G1VIng y0U?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/48274-why-i-cannot-install-latest-google-chrome-browser.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I tried installing the latest drivers for the pavilion notebook. Installation errors occured while installing latest Intel chipset and display drivers from HP's website Only some of the drivers like wireless, diagnostic were installed successfully, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Installation-Errors-displayed-when-trying-to-install-latest/td-p/5633358
Relevancy 46.44%

I am now running Win 10 build 11099.rs1_release.160109-1156
I am having a few problems with "Sleep" (takes 30 seconds before icons are usable) and
"Windows Store" downloads don't always work. ie ABC NEWS (installs but won't open.

I have been an "insider" since 10/14 always doing upgrades along the way. Never a new "clean " install.
maybe a clean install will correct my issues.
Thanks

A:How to clean install latest Win 10 pro X64 Insider Preview

..........................maybe a clean install will correct my issues......................

It's always a possibility, provided you do know how to convert the Install.esd to an iso.

Here is a tutorial in case you want to refer to.
ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37806-how-clean-install-latest-win-10-pro-x64-insider-preview.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Since installing the latest MS XP update, every time I log in, use my CD drive or plug in a USB stick, my HP printer re-installs itself several times. I even tried unplugging the thing, but XP just keeps re-installing it.

Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continual-hp-printer-install-after-latest-update.320257/
Relevancy 46.44%

My microphone volume is really low and has been for a long time, I figured I could install the latest drivers to see if it made a difference since I am just using whatever Windows 8 decided to install automatically. Sound is fine other than the microphone volume.

However when I downloaded the Realtek drivers via Gigabyte or the Realtek site itself, it extracts the installer and all just says "Setup.exe has stopped working".

I've tried just seeing if it'll start with compatibility mode but it's still the same, I do not already have any Realtek software installed other than the Ethernet drivers. I'm running Windows 8.1 x64, I've certainly downloaded the 64-bit drivers.

Edit: ​The microphone uses the audio jacks, not USB.

Would appreciate any advice.

A:Unable to install latest Realtek drivers

What make/model of computer? I would first try the drivers from their site. Or custom build?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/46856-unable-install-latest-realtek-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Should I download and install the latest NVidia drivers from their website or just use whatever Windows Update installs? Or does Microsoft install the same one?

I use the computer for digital image and video editing I don't do any gaming on this system. So any 'Game Ready' driver sounds like something designed for enhanced features I don't need and, in the case of the latest NVidia driver, caused serious system errors.

I stumbled upon a website that seems to confirm the latest driver is buggy.

Nvidia Users Beware, Latest Driver May Harm Your PC - Allegedly Plagued With Issues

A:Should I install latest NVidia drivers from their website?

Never use the updates from Windows Update. NEVER! Always go to the website and download from there, always. I had to downgrade my driver 364.72 as well, because Farm Sim wasn't running too well. I would keep driver 364.51 (or whatever the previous driver was) just to be on the safe side, until NVidia releases a stable update, then by all means, have at it.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/46261-should-i-install-latest-nvidia-drivers-their-website.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Don't see my post of one hour ago? Will try again: I do not have the update icon in the system tray despite the fact that it is activated in the tray notification configure setting and when I check for updates I see 20+. If I check the important updates listed and click OK nothing happens - I do not get an install button - oh yes I do get an install button for Win 10 (not ready for it).

I have tried the Microsoft Fixit and the various troubleshooting suggestions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385594-unable-install-latest-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

Yesterday I installed the new Nvidia update (for Bioshock Infinite).

I have had a BSOD playing BF3.

Please help in getting to the bottom of the BSOD.

Thanks,

Nevica

A:New BSOD playing BF3 after latest Nvidia install

The error you are getting indicate there is a problem with hardware:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007d93028, be200000, 5110a}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Examining the error record we can see that the error orriginated from the L2 cache on your CPU:

Code:
kd> !errrec fffffa8007d93028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8007d93028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce27ed49023182
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 3/28/2013 17:31:45 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa8007d930a8
Section @ fffffa8007d93180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 2
CPU Version : 0x00000000000206a7
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000004

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8007d930f0
Section @ fffffa8007d93240
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000004
CPU Id : a7 06 02 00 00 08 10 04 - bf e3 9a 1f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8007d93240

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8007d93138
Section @ fffffa8007d932c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264

Error : GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 8)
Address : 0x000000012a2ee3c0
Misc. : 0x000000d086000086
So with this in mind please run prime95:

Free Software - GIMPS

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

The goal of this test is to check and see if there is any overheating under a load or if you get errors during the test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284129-new-bsod-playing-bf3-after-latest-nvidia-install.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My computer has Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Everytime the computer tries to install the latest update, which is Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2833941), it fails (Error Code: 0x643). I tried to follow the fix-it steps from http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us, but when I tried to download and run "Fix This Problem" I couldn't open the file type (diagcab). I also tried method 2 but the update still didn't install after the restart.

Thank you for any help or advice.

A:latest update fails to install everytime

You mean method 2 from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982/ ?
This is the method...

Uninstall .NET Framework 1.1. Then download the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool and unzip and run.
From the drop-down box, select 1.1 and clean.
Reinstall .NET Framework 1.1
Download and install .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
Visit Windows Update or Microsoft Update and let it install the rest of the 1.1 updates including KB2833941.
Check if it's installs and report back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501133/latest-update-fails-to-install-everytime/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi new install update latest won't display Monitor after W10 to the forum and I thank any in advance for entertaining this noob's dilemma I purchased a HP desktop a couple of years ago with W upgraded to and subsequently to The computer has had no previous issues problems until the latest Monitor won't display after latest W10 update install round of updates I've searched this forum for similar problems but what I've found don't quite match mine I don't get Monitor won't display after latest W10 update install a mouse cursor no images or text of anykind nothing just black and the monitor doesn't wake up Last week what I suspect is the most recent update prevented my monitor from displaying I restart the monitor and get quot No Signal quot and it goes right to power save sleep mode I performed a number of quot hard quot shutdowns and restarts and I finally got my monitor to display I went back to my restore point and didn't have any problems for the past week until last night I tried to prevent the update but was unable to Windows forced the update and now I cannot get anything on the monitor I tried a couple of quot hard quot restarts reboots like last week tried the Ctrl key and password CAD Esc all to no avail F key had no discernible effect still no display Any help is appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66531-monitor-wont-display-after-latest-w10-update-install.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there I had a virus as you can can see in this thread http Flash install line pink / Can't latest the www techspot com community topics startpins-opening-on-chrome-nsis-error page- which resulted in me uninstalling Adobe Flash as you will read Can't install the latest Flash / pink line above I now can t reinstall it I currently have a version of Flash as I was able to install it but it is not the latest version I try and download it from here http get adobe com flashplayer I get to stage but then nothing happens When I try again it says Only a single instance of this application can run I can t see it open anyway even when I go to Task Manager Any help on this would be great I don t know if this is relvant to this problem but since getting rid of the virus my computer is now clean I now get a pinkish vertical line that comes down the centre right of the screen It kind of flashes and come and goes I tried to do a print screen but it doesn t seem to show up on it Should I start another thread for that issue nbsp

A:Can't install the latest Flash / pink line

Down load revo uninstaller. Try using it to uninstall Adobe Flash. See if this helps.
www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-the-latest-flash-pink-line.186037/
Relevancy 46.44%

Help! This started about 2 months ago when I was in Explorer and it said I did not have the latest version of Flash Player, I clicked on the link which took me to the Adobe website, but every time I get the Failed to install error tn_19166. I did all the troubleshooting steps including running SubInACL, and reset_minimal.zip. I opened a case at Adobe and have been communicating with them almost daily and have done everything including uninstalling Flash and have done the SubInACL several times using different methods, still the same error message. I did download Firefox and it works fine there but I have an educational software program that has to run in Explorer and I need to have Flash installed there. Any help???

Relevancy 46.44%

I have win 7 pro and I noticed that I no longer get windows update notifications in my system tray and when I check for updates I am shown 22 that can be selected. After selecting them I find no install bar or button or any way to start the install - just for installing Windows 10! Perhaps that is a good thing presently after reading that some members have encountered serious issues after the install.

However, something obviously has corrupted the windows update file(s). can someone suggest a fix. I have googled a fix but so far no results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385582-unable-install-latest-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on a home built computer with an AMD Phenom II X4 processor. When I try to install the latest software for my old HP 7310 (AIO CDB Full Win WW 130 141.exe) it starts fine. After accepting the license agreement, the installation starts, the window blinks once, and the program goes back to the license window. Happens everytime. It just loops. I've downloaded the file a number of times. I've tried it with my antivirus program turned off. I've tried running the program as administrator. Nothing works. Any thoughts?

A:Cannot install latest HP 7310 printer software

Hi Ronin51.
Follow these guidelines. Although not literally apply to what you report, should help you. Hope that helps. Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/167882-cannot-install-latest-hp-7310-printer-software.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I cannot install the following updates to my machine no matter what I do: Energy Manager and Flight Mode Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI) Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) ... Lenovo Yoga Mode Control for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Notebook I have attached the following Zip containing the most recent DMPs and my systems current configuration as detected by MSInfo and AIDA64.

MiniDump&MSInfo&AIDA64Report.zip ?592 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Cannot-Install-Latest-Lenovo-Updates-For-My-Yoga-3-1470/td-p/3397416
Relevancy 46.44%

New lapton with WIndows 7, tried to install iTunes and installation failed.
Any patches I need for this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-installer-will-not-install-latest-itunes-504707.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I just updated my Lenovo solution center to the latest version (3.3.02), but I could not find the install latest drivers/utilities sections as the old solution center. Can anyone tell me where to update the drivers and stuff in the new solution center? thanks

A:Lenovo solution center 3.3 where to install latest...

LSC version 2.8.007 will update to 3.3.002.LSC version 3.2.004 will update to 3.3.002. 3.3.002 is Hardware scan only and shows warranty info and other items.This version will not launch under companion at this time.Lenovo is upgrading all users of both versions to the 3.3.002 version. Previously the 3.xx.xx version was win10 only.==If you had 2.8.007 installed, LSC did not do updates!. It launched System Update. Go to your support page and download System Update, if it is not installed.  System Update is probably installed on your system, but you have no entry on the start menu. SU is found here: c\programfiles(x86)\Lenovo\systemupdate\TVsu.exe .==For win 10 users, you can also run the SU offering via Companion. 3.3.002 will not launch under Companion 3.44.0.0 (at this time. covered in another post in the apps section).  3.2.004 will launch.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-solution-center-3-3-where-to-install-latest-drivers-and/td-p/3317911
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Everyone nbsp I Thinkpad a p-50. How install SS... PRO 950 to Samsung purchased a Thinkpad P- with a i - HQ G RAM K screen NVIDIA QUADRO M M WIN Home and a GB HDD nbsp I want to install a nbsp Samsung PRO SSD Thinkpad p-50. How to install a Samsung 950 PRO SS... M NVME with GB to be the system windows boot and keep the HDD for data nbsp I allready purchased the nbsp PRO and the M tray to do this nbsp This is what I know so far nbsp I have to install the nbsp PRO with the tray inside the P- nbsp I have to install the Samsung controller driver nbsp I have or can to clone the HDD content onto the nbsp PRO using the nbsp Macrium Reflect Free software nbsp Set the BIOS to boot from nbsp PRO nbsp and that's it I know that can always make a clean install of the Windows if something gets wrong nbsp I would like to know if you guys think that this is a right procedure nbsp Can I just clone the entire HDD to the PRO nbsp Am I forgetting something nbsp Thank you very much nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-p-50-How-to-install-a-Samsung-950-PRO-SSD-M-2-NVME-as-a/td-p/3321212
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi. I tried all the different ways to install samsung usb driver but I couldn't.
i installed samsung kies but didn't recognize the phone as well. i removed it and tried to download the update from windows and I got this message

Now my Galaxy SII won't be recognized in windows 8

What should i do?

Relevancy 46.01%

I am trying to isntall the New Samsung PC Studio for my Samsing phone to connect to my PCI keep getting this error messageso....the message is blank! How can i find out what this error says, or perhaps as to why i cannot isntall Samsung PC Studio?I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, my system is a Dell Insprion 530s

A:Cannot Install Samsung PC Studio

Have you seen this comment at http://samsung-pc-studio.softpedia.com/ ?

"SeptimusFry said: Unfortunately, someone has been a bit sloppy here, as this is NOT compatible with W7/64. Source of this info: Samsung, after much hacking about."

Best data that I can come up with, http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:sn9RvAmBxcMJ:pages.samsung.com/ca/pcstudio/English/+PC+Studio+download&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417679/cannot-install-samsung-pc-studio/
Relevancy 46.01%

I was using my old Samsung printer with Printer my install Can't Samsung a computer that had Windows XP The original disk Can't install my Samsung Printer was designed for Windows but I managed to download Can't install my Samsung Printer a driver file from the internet It is called the Smartjet SF- C C It is both a printer and fax but I only want to use the printer When I switched Can't install my Samsung Printer to a replacement computer I assumed it would work as the new operating system is also Windows XP and it is a -bit computer I copied the printer-driver files onto a USB stick and tried to install but it wouldn t work Computer Printer Wizard didn t like or recognize it Wizard also could not find compatible driver on the internet With help I found the compatible driver still on the internet and downloaded it But every time you tell the computer to iustall it it reports quot driver was not installed quot Funnily enough when I look in the computer s logbook under System Restore it says the software has been installed about six times now But it won t bloody work I have tried looking on the Samsung website and they have withdrawn support for all but their laser printers now Was I wrong to connect the printer before installing the software or trying to anyway I like the printer as it is sturdy and does not fall apart when subjected to heavy work-loads or stupid users nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-my-samsung-printer.1002702/
Relevancy 46.01%

This is just what is says. A fresh win 10 install on a new SSD. Do not explain to me about cloning.

To date I've upgraded the BIOS (UEFI) on a ASUS P67 Performance Gen3 motherboard. I've changed the SATA Mode to AHCI. I can see the drive in the BIOS.

The Windows installer the page where it lists the drive partitions. I only see one drive partio

Drive 0 Partition 1 239.9GB 232.8 GB Primary

I get the error
Windows can't be installed on drive 0 particion 1. (Show Detailes)

The New button is greyed out and when I select next I get

We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files.

Thoughts?

A:New WIN 10 Install on new SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD

Hello hiltonr92 and welcome to the forums. See if this will help Windows 10 - Clean Install

Are you installed in UEFI Mode? If so, when you boot from the USB drive use the entry that says UEFI and the name of your USB. If not in UEFI, boot from the name of your USB without UEFI in front of it. Delete all partitions on the drive until it says unallocated and then click the 'NEW" button. The installer will create all the necessary partitions. I hope that helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/46097-new-win-10-install-new-samsung-evo-250gb-ssd.html
Relevancy 46.01%

when I try to install an app on my Samsung laptop my device field shows..no carrier Samsung sch-1545 and Verizon wireless sch-1545...the wireless is my cell and the app has installed on my cell. I can install on no carrier sch 1545 and it tells me it is installed but it is not on my laptop. where did it install? I don't know how to find my laptop device name and how to get it to show on the screen when I am installing apps. thank you

A:cannot install app on my samsung laptop

Don't understand what you're saying, The sch-1545 is a Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone using Verizon as the carrier. It runs the Android OS and Android apps can NOT be installed on a laptop running MS Windows 8.

To find apps installed in Win8, you look through the list of Apps by name and then click the tile for the app that you just installed.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/70758-cannot-install-app-my-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I would like to perform a clean install of Win10 RS1 from the Media Creation Tool, but from the MCT tool setup file, it is shown to be build 14393 which is the Insider Preview. I need the full final version of RS1 instead.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...DOfKv2OlFA6.97

When will Microsoft update its MCT tool to the FINAL version of RS1 or RS2 instead of being at the Technical Preview?

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/68376-like-perform-clean-install-windows-10-latest-update.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB942615)

The above update keeps failing when I try to install it. Have waited a few days in between in case it was corrupt and had to be fixed. Still no joy. Is it just my laptop or is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Relevancy 46.01%

Dear All Man do I love Tech Support Guy What a great service On to my Java Me To Keeps Plug-In Prompting Installed, Again! Install Have Latest question The Java plug-in I believe for Chrome keeps prompting me to download the latest version The problem is that almost each time I do so it is the version I already have installed Over time this has become a first-class hassle What s going on here Suggestions Even if I reinstall the prompting continues on a weekly or bi-monthly basis Thanks and Happy Holidays - LR Tech Support Guy System Have Latest Java Plug-In Installed, Keeps Prompting Me To Install Again! Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Mobile M AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Have Latest Java Plug-In Installed, Keeps Prompting Me To Install Again! Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus System Shield Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Have Latest Java Plug-In Installed, Keeps Prompting Me To Install Again!

Please run this scan and post the log:

Download Security Check by screen317 from Here or Here.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe (Vista or Windows 7 users right click and select "Run as Administrator") and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. Press any key when asked.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please Copy & Paste the contents of that document into your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-latest-java-plug-in-installed-keeps-prompting-me-to-install-again.1078898/
Relevancy 46.01%

After (finally) installing the latest released Cumulative update on my HP Pavilion dv7, Bluetooth no longer functions properly. Playing Music via Bluetooth to my Beatbox Portable is now "choppy" sounding - behaving like my Laptop is too far away for the Bluetooth connection. Even when I lay my Laptop next to the Device, it still doesn't function properly. Prior to the install of this latest release it was flawless - up to 100 feet away. Now cant use it at all. I note the date of the INTEL BLUETOOTH DRIVER is 3/2016 -- so looks like it was updated in this latest W10 update.

Anybody else? If no known fix I guess I'll have to back out this update, if possible, because I REALLY need this Bluetooth to function properly.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55141-bluetooth-broke-install-latest-cumulative-update-w10.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

When I try to install flash player a message appears that says connection failed.
It appears something is blocking the software from being installed.

Help