Windows Support Forum

Memory Speed Issue

Q: Memory Speed Issue

Hi guys after installing some new RAM i checked CPU-Z to see if all was ok, and it doesn't seem to be.

I bought some Crucial Ballistix 8Gb 1866MHz, however is doesn't seem to be running at 1866 more like 667MHZ.

I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 and a AMD FX-4100

Is there way i can force the speed on the RAM to 1866?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Toby

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Memory Speed Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Memory Speed Issue

CPU-Z reports the clock frequency of the RAM. DDR (DDR2, DDR3) transfer data twice per clock tick, so CPU-Z reports 667MHz for DDR3-1333.

Most motherboards seem to run DDR3-1333 and up at DDR3-1333 by default. To get the higher frequency, you'd either need to set the BIOS to use XMP, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/283103-memory-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a motherboard that has a FSB of up to 400MHz.
My processor is an AthlonXP 2200 which can only run at 266MHz
My memory is 256MB DDR DRAM PC2700
SisSoftware Sandra testing tells me my memory speed and processsor speed do not match. Question is: Does this really matter? I know a processor upgrade would sort it but a)the computer seems to run fine and b) I daren't try to sneak ANOTHER pc purchase past the wife! (just yet);-)

Relevancy 50.31%

Obviously higher is better, which is more important? Would a card with less memory (64MB) and higher speeds run better than a card with more memory (128 or 256MB) and lower speeds? If speeds are = then a card with more memor would work better, correct?

A:Core Speed and Memory Speed

List the models you are comparing to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-speed-and-memory-speed.45735/
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to upgrade the memory of one of the pc's in our house. I get low memory alerts often and I can't delete much else to create room. I have never opened up a pc before, and I don't want to screw up and make things worse. The pc in question is a HP Pavilion a1150Y with a Intel Pentium 4 (3.00 GHz). OS is Windows XP SP2. It came with 512MB RAM and I would like to go up 2GB. I went to www.crucial.com, ran the system scan, and it says that this type of memory can go into that pc: "DDRII memory with support for DDR2 PC2-4200,DDR2 PC2-5300,DDR2 PC2-6400,DDR2 PC2-8500 speeds." I don't know what speed I should be installing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I speed wrong - Memory memory??? am hoping you can help with an issue I am having with memory in my sons Memory speed - wrong memory??? PC It does not seem to be running as good since I installed gig of memory Motherboard - ASUSTeK Computer INC M A L-M USB Processor - AMD FX- GHz It had gig stick of Kingston KVR D N but I have upgraded to gig x gig of Corsair Vengeance MHz DDR Blue CMZ GX M A C B OK When I was looking into this upgrade I read somewhere that if you have an AMD FX processor then this board will manage the Mhz modules When I run tests I get a third of that speed If I am reading it right Geekbench - Memory -Memory Performance Stream -Memory Bandwidth Performance CPU-Z - DRAM Frequency Mhz IS THIS WHAT SHOULD BE READING Mhz NB Frequency Is this the wrong memory fr this board There are no drivers for memory are there Thanks in advance

A:Memory speed - wrong memory???

CPUz is showing it running at 1333. The ram is DDR (double data rate) you double the figure you see in CPUz. Does your bios allow you to set the frequency, voltage and timings? Please Post a screenshot of CPUz showing the memory tab and the SPD tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271604-memory-speed-wrong-memory.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I posted the same on their tech support forum but I'm beginning to think the issue while it may have been exacerbated by the game Guildwars is likely on my end but I have a memory issue? (GW2 space GPU update can't Also, HD crashing) driver Odd issue? number of suggestions none of which has worked Also tried my own stuff Anyway here is what I posted on their own tech forum ------ Having a lot of issues getting into gw I have bits and pieces Odd memory issue? HD space issue? Also, can't update GPU driver (GW2 crashing) of problems others have had in the past but nothing seems to work so I m re-downloading the game basically All I want to do is play the freaking game why does it have to be so much trouble Once in awhile I will get that blue and yellow graphical glitch on something Just more info for diagnosis If and when this happens it s always immediately apparent at character select However The biggest problem I have with GW is also on login it either crashes or bluescreens my computer right after clicking play and the client tries to load for - seconds For the past few days of the time it just crashes If I try to patch after that point the patcher stops at Downloading KB and will not budge from it Not even to log in I have to reboot my computer to get it past Downloading KB One post I found said that they started having all these problems after downloading a number of games on Steam which I have done off and on due to a friend getting me a few gifts until their HD shrank down to gigs Same here and the problem got worse around that same time frame Since downloading Chivalry last week which put me down to gigs I ve been crashing times However after deleting Tera and Aion then having around gigs of space I m still having the same issue I tried updating my video card nVidia s GTX driver but for some reason it just continuously failed So I tried a slightly older version Failed So I tried the oldest video card driver installer I could find in my folders still failed So I went and dug up the freaking basic driver CD installer that came with it That worked Tried updating drivers again failed again So I had to run the CD again I also tried restoring my computer to last week prior to downloading Chivalry prior to updating any drivers That too failed Your system cannot be restored to this date and changes were reverted or something to that effect Yes I picked one of the ones it told me to pick Since running the CD for my oldest driver my screen also flashes black initially after my desktop appears when booting my computer As an additional note for the past few weeks whenever I want to get on GW it seems like it ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE THE FIRST THING I DO PERIOD OR IT WILL CRASH However if it s the first thing I can use my computer just fine as normal But if I say load up Google Chrome and surf for a minute at all GW was guaranteed to crash However if I loaded GW first before absolutely anything else it would usually load not always and with the game still open I could browse do whatever with absolutely no issue at all I just want to play the game anyone have any insight ---------- In addition here is the information from the error crash log of the game itself that may help with some insight Crash lt Fatal Error Fatal disk-error on read App Gw exe Pid Cmdline BaseAddr ProgramId Build When - - T Z - - T - Uptime days Flags System lt Name ZEKE-QECX F PA IpAddr Processors GenuineIntel OSVersion Windows bit System Memory lt Physical MB MB Paged MB MB Virtual MB MB Load CommitTotal MB CommitLimit MB CommitPeak MB SystemCache MB HandleCount ProcessCount ThreadCount Process Memory lt Private MB WorkingSet MB PeakWorkingSet MB PageFaults DbgHelp dll is C WINDOWS system dbghelp dll DbgHelp dll version -bit compatible ThreadPoolFile Thread xe lt Trace lt Pc c f Fr fcc Rt e Arg ea e ea b aa Pc e Fr fcf Rt f Arg feb aa db fa fe Pc f Fr fe Rt f f Arg db fa fe db fa fac Pc f f Fr fe c Rt fe Arg db fa fe a db fa Pc fe Fr fe Rt a Arg db fa fac Pc... Read more

A:Odd memory issue? HD space issue? Also, can't update GPU driver (GW2 crashing)

Unfortunately, though I thought I did, I have no images of the odd cyan/yellow graphics glitch, and I have no way of getting one (google didn't turn up any that looked the same as mine, granted some were similar).

Edit - I also noticed after re-enabling page memory on my primary drive after freeing up some space, that in the error logs, the amount of paged memory in use is for some reason higher. I can't imagine why this is, but maybe I don't understand the process.

*--> System Memory <--*
Physical:   845MB/ 2047MB  41%
Paged:     5375MB/ 7009MB  76%
Virtual:    822MB/ 2047MB  40%
Load: 58%

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486933/odd-memory-issue-hd-space-issue-also-cant-update-gpu-driver-gw2-crashing/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there!
I have a DDR2 400Mhz dual-channel 64 bit memory. But when i check the memory only runs at 200Mhz. Why? And how can I change that. I have tried setting it through BIOS, but when I input that it is DDR2 400 it still only goes at 200. I have overclocked my CPU to go at 260 and the memory changed to go at 260 as well. I am using ASUS M2A-VM if it matters.

A:Memory speed is not what it should be

Thank You. very informative. I am so far behind on all of this I don't think i will ever catch up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-speed-is-not-what-it-should-be.101229/
Relevancy 45.58%

It is marked:
Compaq Computer Corporation
Z0094
Replace with Compaq Spare
122700-001

I can't find a document in the 'net that tells me for sure. I must be certain and exact. If it is PC100, then it might not work with PC133. If it is PC133, then it might not work with PC100.

Yes, I know, PC133 should work where PC100 is accepted; but, it doesn't always.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello from Greece! I own a G 50 30 / 80 g 0  my question is why cpu z is only showing memory speed at 666mhz can i change it in bios?  Thanks!

A:G 50 30 memory speed

Hi Dpota,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

1333 MHz is the effective clock rate. DDR means double data rate, data is transferred on both the rising and falling edges of each clock making 666 MHz effectively the same as 1333. CPU-Z is showing you the actual clock rate. That's perfectly normal you have nothing to worry about and the RAM is working correctly at the right speed.

(666MHz) 9-9-9-24 is the delay between certain memory operations (measured in clocks). Lower numbers are better, but they are also relative to clock rate. 9-9-9-24 is a little slow for 1333 MHz, but you should not try changing it as it can lead to system instability.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Shashi

Tap that Kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G-50-30-memory-speed/td-p/3306890
Relevancy 45.58%

I just purchased a P- D and also bought a new mob which is an Abit AB -Pro I read memory the speed which best me? for is that its not much good to buy the which memory speed is the best for me? ddr which memory speed is the best for me? if my cpu is only fsb Is this true Damn memory is so expensive If I only need memory then why pay more for the Is there that much of a difference in performance from to Also all this info about latency timings clouds my thinking I m usually just a which memory speed is the best for me? gamer with a pci expressX evga ultra My max memory for my mob says gigs but I also read that windows xp may only recognize gb I have ddr slots - channel I m going to start off with X gb in dimms and then mabe in a couple of paydays I ll get more gb sticks Ive been watching Pricewatch and they have a pair of corsair gb DDR XMS after rebate and is rated a egger seems to have alot of good reviews on newegg but some not so good alot of DOAs Any input would be much appreciated By the way my mob is abit ab -pro with an intel chipset I know some boards are picky with which type of memory to use Does anyone know the best compatible memory for the chipset board nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-memory-speed-is-the-best-for-me.64324/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just got my two gigs (2x1gig) of g.skill ddr2 800 today. I've seen in cpu-z and another analysis program that it says they are running at 400mhz each. Is that what the dual channel is? They add up to 800? or should they both run at 800mhz?

A:Memory Speed?

That's what DDR (double data rate) is. They are running as they should.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-speed.699725/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey everyone I was looking at building a new PC mostly from scratch the only thing I ll be carrying over is my current graphics card and initially my current HDD s until everything is moved across to the new HDD s I have already ordered a few parts so ill link them here Corsair R Case link Samsung EVO GB SSD link TB RPM Seagate Barracuda HDD link Z A Gaming M Motherboard link Corsair W PLUS Gold CPU speed memory max Modular Power Supply link Now over the next few weeks I play on ordering the remaining parts RAM CPU CPU Cooler CD DVD CPU max memory speed Drive ECT in particular I was going to purchase the new Intel CPU max memory speed i CPU I seen the mobo supported Mhz without O C and thought great I can get that speed but I noticed the CPU only supports Mhz So I am wondering is it worth O C the CPU to get a faster speed of RAM If it is worth it and if it isn t difficult is it something I should look at doing on the motherboard as well I E instead of going for Mhz and O C only the CPU should I go for something like Mhz and O C both the motherboard and CPU Now I ve never overclocked anything before so it would only be something I d be interested in doing if it was a similar process editing bios settings ECT something I am familiar with Just to give you the products I d be looking at are I m also wanting to get Gb s of RAM Mhz No O C Mhz O C CPU Mhz O C CPU and Motherboard Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me as I wasn t able to find much out there to give me the info nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-max-memory-speed.1154639/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey All, I have a question. I was helping a friend out with some Ram, which I removed from my computer to his and back to mine.......for some strange reason my computer seems to be running slower when it comes to internet connections, like loading pages. Before removing the ram I had to remove alll of the wires like mouse, keyboard, and Cat5 etc, then replaced them after i installed the ram. First thing i notice when i log on to hotmail that it tool longer to load the entire page.......What gives?

A7M 266
O.S. 98SE
256 DDR SamSung
Asus v7700 delulxe 32md ddr

Joe

A:Memory Speed?

I would suggest taking the case off the computer and making sure that all components are reseated correctly. It could be that while you were removing and reseating the RAM a component was jiggled and is not making the proper contact. Also, did you ground yourself while removing the RAM? A wrist strap is good for this, or at least making contact with the chassis before going inside.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-speed.50326/
Relevancy 45.58%

Is PC2700 faster than PC2100 memory?

Thx

A:Memory Speed

Get your answer here:

http://www.querycat.com/faq/ced2a85e9aa25c7356c8c86570342384

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-speed.102905/
Relevancy 45.58%

What program will show my memory speed? Just want to insure what I set in the bios is what is actually doing.

A:Memory speed

Hello Bearcatrp

CPUz (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html) will show you your memory speed.

Hope that helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/238098-memory-speed.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have 4 Gb of corsair 1600MHz C9 DDR3 memory installed on an Asus Crosshair III Formula 790FX motherboard. The motherboard specs said that it supported 1600 MHz memory, yet the memory is only running at 1333 MHz.

Do I need to OC the M/board in someway to get the full speed out of the memory modules ?

The motherboard can support a certain maximum speed but if your CPU can't run at that speed it will run at a lower speed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/129446-memory-speed.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Well I just bought 2x 1 GB RAMs to replace my old 2x 512 MB and according to the specs, the 2 new sticks should have a timing of 2-3-2-6 but according to CPU-Z it's running at 3-3-3-8. The RAM that I bought was the Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail from Newegg. I read the reviews and it said that I have to go to the BIOS to change it but when open up my BIOS Setup Utility, I didn't see anything concerning memory speed. My BIOS is American Megatrends. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:New memory speed is off

I know some like gigabyte hide those setings, and pressing CTRL F1 will bring them up, some dont allow you to alter them at all, if you have the manual for your motherboard read that, it should tell you if you can adjust them or not, if you dont have the manual post the model of the motherboard and i'll do a search for it and let you know if it's possible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-memory-speed-is-off.107641/
Relevancy 45.58%

Intel says the memory speed for the 3930k and the 3970x are both DDR3-1066/1333/1600.

In order to reap the full benefit of 1866, must the CPU be overclocked? If so, is it proportionate, so 15% overclock?

A:Memory speed for CPU?

That looks alright.. Just make sure you have a good HSF to handle the extra heat.

You *might* want to look into a liquid-cooling system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-speed-for-cpu.1088692/
Relevancy 45.58%

Iam trying to work out which speed stick to buy to boost the ram in my sisters laptop from 3Gb to 4Gb so she has 4Gb and better speed through dual-channel running properly

I THINK CPU-Z is mis-reporting the speeds, timings and type due to the way its working with 'symetric dual channel mode' with a 1Gb stick and a 2Gb stick

both sticks are reported as PC 10700 (667mHz) (yes that's 10700, not 10600)

but the running speed of the memory is 533Mhz and the operable speeds are:
457 533 609 685
ive never heard of such 'odd' speeds like 457, 609 and 685Mhz...

timings on 685 are 9-9-9-25

Crucial System Scanner says they are PC 8500 sticks?

Am I right in saying they are PC 10600 sticks and everything is mis-reported due to the mis-matched modules running at slower speeds?

should I buy a PC-10600 2Gb stick to replace the 1Gb stick?

thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Got a memory question that i,m not sure why it shows up as it does. I have a hp A747C PC with a 3.2 hyper-threading processor, It had 1 gb of memory and i just added 2-512 mb PC3200/400Mz chips. It works fine but in bios it says that it is PC2700/333mz. This PC is supposed to be able to run PC2100,PC2700, and PC3200. I know that the memory is running sloower that it can be run. Any idea why it says thjat and if there is anything that needs to be changed(jumper), reset or anything else? I went to the memory supplier website and it lists the memory that i bought as PC3200/400 mz. Thanks!

First question, what speed is the ram that was in there originally? If the original 1Gb of ram is PC2700 ram, your motherboard will automatically underclock the new ram in order to match the old.

If your old ram is also PC3200 ram, then please give us your full system specs (motherboard make/model in specific)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-speed.60016/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just assembled an Athlon XP 2000+ with MSI KT4V mobo and 256 MB DDR 2100 and etc with windows XP Pro . When I checked memory speed under bench mark I get a read speed of around 1730mb/sec and a write speed of 570 mb/sec. The type or make of memory is not reported. From the list I find my system ranks much below other equivalent systems. My FSB freq was set to 133 MHZ and cpu freq is reported as 1667 mhz. All other settings are default.

Is there some problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-speed.114420/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi, i was browsing on Everst Home and came across the page with my memory information on and it said i have 512mb of PC3200, and next to it it had (200mhz) i thought that pc3200 was 400mhz, is there any reason for why this is saying 200mhz. i can post the printscreen if you like, is there any other way or program that shows RAM Speed?

A:Memory Speed, is this Right?

It's 200Mhz clock speed. The 400Mhz is 2x200Mhz which is what PC3200 DDR is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-speed-is-this-right.45655/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Re. a Duron Mainboard K7S5A - (Win 2k)

I have been discussing with a friend the upgrading of memory on my new Duron Mainboard - She wonders about the following, and says:

........................................................................................................
It depends whether we can take DDR-266, which runs then at 133mhz, and run it at 100.

The duron runs the memory at 100, but if you wanted to upgrade to an athlon later, you would need to run it at 133.

100 mhz memory cannot run at 133. We need to find out if 133 memory will run at 100.

.........................................................................................................
Does anybody know, please? Thank you for any advice you may be able to give.

Penny.

A:A question about memory speed

T2
There are two different versions for your board 1.x and a 3.x It appears either one support your need. Attached is screenshot of the users manual for the 3.x but the 1.x had the same Ram support.

Also here are your options from Crucial.com

Rev 1.x
http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...(ECS)&cat=RAM&model=K7S5A+(Rev+1.X)&submit=Go
or Rev 3.x
http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...(ECS)&cat=RAM&model=K7S5A+(Rev+3.X)&submit=Go

If you wish to download the users manual for your board then you need to locate the revision number on then go
Here to select your download.

Hope that helps.

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-question-about-memory-speed.117759/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi All,

I currently have 3 DIMMS installed and wasn't aware till recently that the originally was 100Mhz and the two I added later were 133MHz.

The CLK speed is set to 100MHz and I've not had any problems but when the original 100MHz DIMM became unseated my BIOS recommended changing the clock speed to 133 (I hadn't immediately noticed the loss of memory!).

My question is, if I add more memory at say 400Mhz will this give me any problems?

Do you just set the clock speed to the lowest DIMM speed?

Thanks
Hew

PS CPU is P3 100Mhz multiplied x 5.5.

Relevancy 45.15%

ok i have 3 sticks of ddr3 memory each stick is 2gb... my question is two of them are faster then the 3rd one.. would removing the slower stick and just using the two faster sticks give me better system performance then have 6gb with a slower reading... hope i make sense.....

this is what i have for ram... in my system right now
slot 1: PC3-12800 (800 MHZ)
slot 2: PC3-12800 (800 MHZ)
Slot 4: PC3-8500f (533 MHZ)

A:Question about Memory speed in my pc

For sure since the two faster sticks will have to downclock to match the slower stick. Better yet, buy another 2 GB of the faster stick for optimum performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/251630-question-about-memory-speed-my-pc.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i have a gateway with 3 memory slots..2 are filled with 64 meg pc100 modules..the other is free..i want to add a 128 meg pc100 module to the last open slot..can i do this..or do i have to take out the other 64 meg modules..can i just add the 128meg module and have it work with the 64 meg..i heard somewhere you had to match them..??

A:mis matching memory speed

should be okay, i'd put the 128meg inthe first slot and put the 64's in the last two slots. its only edo ram that they have to be the same, sd ram it doesn't matter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mis-matching-memory-speed.118899/
Relevancy 45.15%

nbsp nbsp Note Continued from - What's your memory assessment speed [2] speed? your What's assessment memory I decided to What's your memory assessment speed? [2] open a thread to show what people are getting with there current memory settings what improvements are shown with various timing tweaks speed settings ect to access this you MUST have UAC turned off OR choose 'Run as administrator' open the command prompt window first either by opening 'Run' from the start menu and typing 'cmd' --this will only work if UAC is deactivated-- or go to accessories in your start menu locate 'Command Prompt' right click select 'Run as administrator' once opened simply type winsat mem Note it will not matter what the command path is set to i am currently facing issues with my DDR and being stuck at around mb s any suggestions why feel free Dual channel and tri channel play a huge factor in this benchmark so keep that in mind before comparing with others so here is my winsat score with the current timings post em up and let other people know what basic timings and MHz your set at DDR MHz ect and channel configuration dual tri channel your using thanks to smarteyeball for pointing out the admin trick with cmd exe Rick

A:What's your memory assessment speed? [2]

I don't know what it means but this is what I got.
icrosoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
opyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserve

:\Windows\system32>WINSAT MEM
indows System Assessment Tool
Running: Feature Enumeration ''
Run Time 00:00:00.00
Running: System memory performance assessment ''
Run Time 00:00:05.15
Memory Performance 27971.93 MB/s
Total Run Time 00:00:06.40

:\Windows\system32>
I also don't know of any program that will read ram temps. I use a Infrared Thermometer to read temps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/258549-whats-your-memory-assessment-speed-2-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have a nbsp nbsp HP Pavilion Elite HPE- t Desktop PC with the truckee UL E E motherboard On the motherboard specs it says Supports PC - Max Truckee 1.04 speed on E01 memory DDR - DIMM types I am having to Max memory speed on Truckee 1.04 E01 install a new hard drive planning on SSD and I thought I would upgrade the ram if it would help It currently has gb of x I was wondering it it would support or It seems the bios on this motherboard does not support modification of CPU speeds or memory speeds that I can tell I use the rig for the usual internet MS office and moderate gaming NFS battlefield etc Its yrs old it has the i - so she does well but I want it to last as long as it can and keep up So nbsp Will it support or is getting cheap If so would x work OK If yes to all the above would it be worth it nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Max-memory-speed-on-Truckee-1-04-E01/td-p/5606475
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm about to bump up the memory in a Dell Dimension 2400 desktop.

Everest 1.10 shows the currently installed memory as PC2700 166Mhz DDR SDRAM (2 x 256MB modules) but when I look online for compatible memory the speed for PC2700 modules is shown as 333Mhz.

Is this because the 166Mhz refers to the rate/speed per channel and is doubled up for DDR modules?

Will modules advertised as 333Mhz be compatible?

Thanks for any advice offered.

Garry

Relevancy 45.15%

Friends this has nothing to do with which os, to my understanding, but I posted this on lesser forums and stumped everyone. I predict that will not happen on this forum!

In theory my 'project' notebook, having i945GM chipset, is supposed to run the memory bus at either/or 266MHz or 333MHz. I have the two slots populated with matched 1GB 667MHz ddr.
When I pull up SIW to check, it says "DRAM Frequency 266.0"
It shows the modules themselves as "667 MHz"

So I go run MEMTEST 4.0, and it shows:

RAM Speed = 221MHz [DDR445]
FSB 133Mhz
CAS 4-4-4-12

no errors....

Can someone tell me what's going on here?
the Cpq BIOS/Setup is typically barren... no options to speak of, nothing at all about the various clockings...

A:What speed is my Memory REALLY running at??

please use cpuz and take screen shot on memory and spd tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/178891-what-speed-my-memory-really-running.html
Relevancy 45.15%

OK, we have two sticks of Ram. One is PC3200 with a cl of 3 and the other is PC2700 with a cl of 2.5.....

which stick will perform faster?

A:memory speed question

The PC3200 is the faster but if your MB doesn't support it - ie. if it only goes as high as PC2700 then the faster mem would do you no good really.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-speed-question.343260/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello guys,

I have an USB flash memory brand PNY. Its speed is very low, that is, when I copy or delete files into/from it, it takes a very long time to be done. Is there a way to speed it up?

Thanks.

A:Speed the USB flash memory up

NO. Most likely you have it inserted to a USB 1.1 slot when it needs USB 2.0.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-the-usb-flash-memory-up.193713/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have an intel skylark and a simple tester PC Pitstop Free PC Scans and Tune-up Utilities shows ram speed top I have an older AMD fx- on an Asus Sabertooth R board It runs fine but the ram speed is only top So seeing that the memory was ordinary speed AMD memory issues I purchased brand new memory quot quot The manual says the board will take up to quot quot so we are fine there In bios AMD memory speed issues I choose the quot quot profile and booted up I knew to do this from the manual and from this forum the machine still works fine but the top ram speed is still only top In other words the machine recognizes the faster ram but chooses to run it at a lower speed about the same as the lower rated ram I replaced And it not any fault the new memory it top end and I tried another batch lower ram speed with same result Any advice to get the ram speed up to the recognized quot quot would be appreciated Details are windows new installation on AMD machine fx- MB is Asus Sabertooth FX- R The faster ram I just bought is Kingston HyperX Savage GB Kit x GB MHz DDR Non-ECC CL DIMM XMP HX C SRK the fastest per the pcpitstop test the new quot quot DDR ram will run is which equals top In contrast my Skylake computer runs its DDR ram at quot quot I need specific intstructions not something vague like quot try overclocking quot

A:AMD memory speed issues

get this

DOWNLOADING CPU-Z_1.74-EN.EXE | CPUID

click the memory tab and spd tab take two screenshots and post them here

if there is nothing in the spd tab select a differant slot from the drop down menu

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37507-amd-memory-speed-issues.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Just a curious question;

I ran winsat mem a couple of weeks ago and got a 13600+ read.

Ran it today and got 15985 read.

Only system change was adding a Radeon 6670 Video card.

Does memory speed change this much ? What might cause the disparity ?

A:Memory Assessment Speed

I assume prior to the HD 6670 you were using the onboard video, if so that would be where the difference comes from. The onboard video shares/gets it memory from the system memory (up to 512 MB), and it got freed up when you added the video card.

I got the same thing if I enabled the onboard video on my old computer (used for a third monitor). The WEI memory score was/is higher when the onboard is enabled and lower with it disabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/221270-memory-assessment-speed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

In my friend's BIOS it states that the memory speed if 533MHz dual-interleaved. I don't really know what 'dual-interleaved' means and I read somewhere about it doubling the stock speed of the RAM or something. Anyway, does this mean that the speed of the memory is actually1066MHz or 533MHz? Bizarrely, the modules he's got installed are 667MHz so I'm curious as to what the speeds really are.

Thanks.

A:Memory Speed Question

sounds like they're running below spec'd to me,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-speed-question.121178/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am changing out my system board currently a Soyo Memory CPU Speed - - Matching? SY-K V Dragon with problems and an Athlon Tbird Ghz and plan to replace it with an Abit KD A and an Athlon XP processor I d like to use whatever I can CPU - Memory - Speed Matching? out of the old system I currently have several Mhz MB sticks of PC DDR ram and would like to upgrade but I am a little confused easily done regarding how the processor speeds and memory speeds need to be matched I would like to take advantage of some higher speeds perhaps or but I don t want to end up buying memory and a cpu with speeds that won t work together I m already plagued with stability problems Can I use say an XP at Mhz or higher and MB of Kingston DDR or do I need to use DDR - or even should I just stay with the Mhz sticks Or maybe I m just in over my head Any advice will be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:CPU - Memory - Speed Matching?

you could use any speed memory your board can take with any speed processor your motherboard can take. although if the bus speed of the memory is slower than the processor bus your processor will be underclocked to match the memory, the board might run them out of sync, or you will need to overclock the memory(which i am not recommending) to match the processor bus. if the memory speed is faster than the processor bus it will be underclocked to match the processor. your best be is to get the DDR 333 or the DDR 400.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-memory-speed-matching.11840/
Relevancy 45.15%

I've been looking at a memory upgrade for my Laptop, I recently upgraded from the A4-6210/R3 to the A6-6310/R4 via motherboard transplant and now I want to upgrade my 8GB DDR3L 1600mhz Ram to 1866mhz if it supports it. According to http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Puma/AMD-A6-Series%20A6-6310.html The A6 supports 1866 but I don't want to spend over $100 on 2x8GB sticks for nothing. 1600mhz I am looking at it I can't get 1866.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Qumox-SODIMM-16GB-2x-8GB-DDR3-DDR3L-1600MHz-PC3-12800-SO-DIMM-MEMORY-1-35... 1866mhz I want to buy.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Micron-16GB-2X8GB-PC3L-14900-DDR3L-1866Mhz-204-pin-1-35V-Laptop-Memory-RA...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Max-supported-speed-memory-for-G50-45/td-p/3416039
Relevancy 45.15%

Simple question but!!??

I have an olympus camera. I use an xd or sd card and understand the sizes eg 1 mb etc. But think that some cards are faster so you can take your pictures in quick succession. How does one know how fast cards are?

Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey folks,

I have a pair of 512MB Corsair XMS on my Asus MB, AMD X2 4200. My comp boots really slow. The bar on the windows splash makes at least 15 laps if not more. I have de-fragged and cleaned my hard disks.

How do I check that my memory is currently set to the right speeds?

The MB doesn't have a splash during boot and i cant find anything in the control panel that will give me this info.

thanks

A:Checking Memory Speed

Everest free under Motherboard, SPD and also Chipset.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/checking-memory-speed.79971/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey again! I'm back on the forums with a question.

I have 2x Kingston 4GB DDR3 Memory Sticks in my computer, They are both the same models: KVR1333D3N9/4G

Kingston Spec Sheet: http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR1333D3N9_4G.pdf

On the Kingston Site and obviously on the KVR1333D3N9/4G it shows that the speed is 1333MHz, but when I plug them in for the first time the default speed is 1066MHz. My board supports 1333MHz+..

Is it a labelling error? I can overclock to 1333MHz fine and 1666Mhz I would just like to know why the default is 1066MHz

Thanks, Alex

A:Memory speed error?

Is this with SPD timings?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295565-memory-speed-error.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I just need clarification, I have this Motherboard, currently I have PC2100 266 mhz (256 mb). The board says it has a bus speed of 400 mhz, so dies that mean I can use pc3200 400 mhz (1024 mb) memory (I would remove the 266)?
If so what is better keep the 256 mb + the 1024 = 1280 @ 266 mhz

Or just go with the 1024 @ 400 mhz (removing the 266 mhz)

The main thing I am intersetied in knowing is if the BUS speed is related to the memory speed

Relevancy 45.15%

I am testing a large amount of RAM, but have no idea what the speed is. I am using Docmem2 as the testing tool, but I don't think it reports whether it is PC 100 or 66 or 133....any suggestions?

Relevancy 45.15%

I have 3 x 2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram sticks. I ran blackbox, and it tells me the memory is running at 533mhz? And if I read it correctly, it's underclocked by 20%??

Is this all wrong? And if so, how do I fix?

I did read this, but it didn't really explain things for me http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/55...e-read-posting

It says effective speed is double core speed, which would make my effective speed 1066 if the frequency listed by black box were "core". But it's supposed to be 1600mhz

Corsairs C7D ram is advertised, and sold as 7:7:7:20. Black box reports it as 8:8:8:20?

thanks
Tanya

A:Is my memory speed correct?

Quote: Originally Posted by Yanta

I have 3 x 2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram sticks. I ran blackbox, and it tells me the memory is running at 533mhz? And if I read it correctly, it's underclocked by 20%??

Is this all wrong? And if so, how do I fix?

I did read this, but it didn't really explain things for me MEMORY FAQ (please read before posting) - Memory - Motherboards-Memory

It says effective speed is double core speed, which would make my effective speed 1066 if the frequency listed by black box were "core". But it's supposed to be 1600mhz

Corsairs C7D ram is advertised, and sold as 7:7:7:20. Black box reports it as 8:8:8:20?

thanks
Tanya

If I recall correctly, LGA 1366 quad cores support a max of 1066 unless you overclock.

Edit: http://www.intel.com/products/proces...rei7/index.htm it says

Quote:
3 Channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/95016-my-memory-speed-correct.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I just finished building my new christmas pc . It runs great, but the only problem is that my memory is supposed to be DDR3 1600, but when I boot my pc on the black screen ( BIOS post? Something like that ) it says something like DRAM 800. My Motherboard supports up to DDR3 1333.

So my question is, how do I overclock this memory to 1333?
On the stickers on the side of the sticks it says 9-9-9 @ 1.65v, which is the latency I think.

This is my memory.

A:Wrong Memory speed

Download and run CPU-Z and go to the "memory" tab. (this is a handy app to have anyway)

Make sure the memory is in "dual channel" mode and if it's 800Mhz dual channel, you have 1600Mhz RAM.

You can also go into the BIOS...if you built the computer, you will know how to get into the BIOS. There will be memory configuration options there. Make sure you are at the right speed and voltage.

However, your POST screen "should" be showing 1600Mhz. Most POST screens I have seen tell you the actual speed. You could try using the "pause-break" key to stop the POST so you can have a look at it. Use the "print-scrn" button to continue with the POST.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/50048-wrong-memory-speed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

How do I reduce the memory bus speed? I've been getting tons of BSODs so I ran a diagnostic program that said the speed it too high. I have a ECS KTVA3 motherboard.

Relevancy 45.15%

I decided to open a thread to show what people are getting with there current memory settings what improvements are shown with various timing tweaks speed settings ect to What's speed? your memory assessment access this you MUST have UAC turned What's your memory assessment speed? off OR choose 'Run as administrator' open the command prompt window first either by opening 'Run' from the start menu and typing 'cmd' --this will only work if UAC is deactivated-- or go to accessories in your start menu locate 'Command Prompt' right click select 'Run as administrator' once opened simply type winsat mem Note it will not matter what the command path is set to i am currently facing issues with my DDR and being stuck at around mb s any suggestions why feel free Dual channel What's your memory assessment speed? and tri channel play a huge factor in this benchmark so keep What's your memory assessment speed? that in mind before comparing with others so here is my winsat score with the current timings post em up and let other people know what basic timings and MHz your set at DDR MHz ect and channel configuration dual tri channel your using thanks to smarteyeball for pointing out the admin trick with cmd exe Rick

A:What's your memory assessment speed?

4Gigs DDR2 900Mhz @ 5.5.5.14 Dual channel

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/5400-whats-your-memory-assessment-speed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys,

Just looking for some quick advice... am putting together a piece-meal system from some spare parts and I noticed that our local CompUSA is running a special on memory... I was planning on purchasing a 512MB DIMM of PC3200 for ~ $100. BUT, they have a special going on 512MB DIMM's of PC2700 for less than $40 after rebate. Just curious as to how much difference would be noticeable between 512MB of PC3200 or 1GB of PC2700.

I do plan to do my fair share of transferring videos from my digital camcorder with this machine, so there will be some video editing and processing involved (which inclines me toward the faster memory). However, I'm doubting that the speed difference will be noticeable by dropping to PC2700 and doubling the amount of RAM (and for less $$ than the single PC3200 DIMM). Thoughts?

Mark

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello.

If I have a Mobo that sez it supports a DIMM PC100 but I buy a DIMM 133, will the 133 work? Will I have any problems?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard that had 2 sticks Samsung DDR PC3200, Unbuffered, Non ECC, DDR400 (512 meg each) that ran at 200mhz on mem check during startup. I recently upgraded with 2 sticks Crucial DDR PC3200, Unbuffered, Non ECC, DDR400 (1 GB each) only to experience random reboots, sometimes minutes after starting Win XP, sometimes hours.

After changing the Memory Frequency in the Advanced Chipset Features from 200% to SPD (autodetection) I have had no more random reboots. It now reads 166mhz on startup.

Would someone please explain why the Crucial memory (only difference is the megs) will not run at 200% like the Samsung did?

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 45.15%

OCZ Gold Tri Channel 6GB PC12800 DDR3 Memory - 1600MHz, 6144MB (3 x 2048) at 8-8-8-24

vs

OCZ Platinum Tri Channel 6GB PC10666 DDR3 Memory - 1333MHz, 6144MB (3 x 2048)
at 7-7-7-20

which one would u choose? both sell for 130$ CAD. i know lower latency is better and higher freq is better but i guess i don't know which one affects it more.

seeing as I'm building an i7 rig.. and that the i7 is running at 1333mhz I'm thinking of option B.

appreciate all input

A:RAM Latancy vs memory speed

Hi eafshar,
what motherboard are you using and what are the ram capabilities of your motherboard? also need to check the memory support list and make sure that OCZ memory works with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-latancy-vs-memory-speed.132930/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, came across this forum yesterday and though I'd move in

It's been a while since I've assembled my own PC but that's what I'm doing now and have a couple of questions..

I have a Gigabyte GA-8AENXP-D motherboard (which supports a FSB of 533, 800 and 1066Mhz) - as I've bought a Pentium 4 640 (3.2Ghz which is a 800Mhz FSB Processor) what speed memory should I use?

I was told by someone that 533 (4300) would be okay - is this correct?

The main reason for doubt is that the manual says "to use a DDR2 600 memory module you must install a 800Mhz processor and overclock the BIOS"..

Can anyone clarify the most stable speed of memory to use and also tell me advise me on CAS Latency?

Relevancy 45.15%

I have an AMD dual core Opteron with 2.5G of DDR3200 memory, which runs at 400Mhz. If I jump to 3G or more, the speed drops to 333Mhz. I am still running WinXPMCE and am perfectly satisfied with it and no BIOS upgrade is available. My question is: Is the tradeoff between more memory at a slower speed worth it?

Relevancy 45.15%

This is a computer I built a while back and upgraded this past Tuesday The specs are WIN bit Intel mobo DP BGB Proc Quad core i G MEM Corsair DDR GB Nvidea GeForce GTX Here s what I think is a problem The BIOS shows my memory speed as mhz and the fan speeds seem to me to be low Processor-- RPM Front case fan-- RPM Rear fan-- RPM At idle my processor is at c and the highest I ve seen it go in a game was c as shown in Intel Desktop Utilities I know these are safe temps but higher fan speeds would bring them down Right now the computer is almost dead quiet which is kind of eerie I used these same fans before the upgrade and they ran a lot faster I have one old fan here with a MOLEX connector and thought about putting it in but wanted to see what and (I think, fan speed Memory lol) problem kind of response I got here first The mobo has pin fan connectors and all I have are pin Memory and fan speed problem (I think, lol) fans Does this make a difference in the speed I had to order pin fans Memory and fan speed problem (I think, lol) and they ll be here Monday Actually all I could find on Newegg were pin fans with pin adapters I ve been looking at the BIOS and it doesn t look like any other BIOS I ve ever had I ve always used Asus boards I guess I may have to change voltages but really don t know where to start I Googled the BIOS but didn t find anything that looked helpful Really need some guidance Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Memory and fan speed problem (I think, lol)

In my computers BIOS there is a "start PMV value", or spmething along those lines. Lower that number to like 0 or a very low number you should see your fan running faster. Best of Luck !
Also, you can control a fan speed with a 3 pin connector.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-and-fan-speed-problem-i-think-lol.1014592/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello guys,

I have an USB flash memory brand PNY. Its speed is very low, that is, when I copy or delete files into/from it, it takes a very long time to be done. Is there a way to speed it up?

Thanks.

A:speed the USB flash memory up

Well if you're using USB 2.0 with it, it's naturally pretty slow these days. I would just say use USB 3.0 when copying or moving files to it.

You can also optimize it to perform better with this guide:

Make Your USB Flash Drive REALLY Fast

Hope I helped

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294923-speed-usb-flash-memory-up.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am using computers for the last 20 years and know some basics about the hardware & PC operations, I am planning for a new higher end P4 PC with All in wonder graphics card & LIVE wire sound with speakers and all,
I need to clarify
1. should the processor & mother board speed be same?,
2. If I choose a RAM with (speed ?) of 333MHZ and use a mother board with 800MHZ, Is it a mismatch or underrating the board capabilities?.
4. To simplify my question what are the difference in using a
a.) 533MHZ processor / 533MHZ board with 400MHZ RAM
b.) 800MHZ processor / 533 MHZ board with 333 MHZ RAM.
c.) 800MHZ processor / 800 MHZ board with 400MHZ RAM

Thanks

A:CPU, Mainboard & Memory speed

1) I'm not really sure what you mean by motherboard speed, its more about what processor your board will support. As long as your board supports the processor your looking at your good to go. I suppose its possible that a board won't be able to support certain special features of the processor if there are any, so its best to read the specs of the processor and board to make sure their compatible.

2) Again its really a matter of the board supporting a certain speed of memory. Usually boards will have a few configurations of memory they support, just make sure the memory you want is supported by the board.

4) b, I think means the board will not support the processor, a and c should both work fine but c will have faster througput performance.

If you find the exact brand and make of motherboard and processor your intrested in you can usually get a nice manual from the manufacturer's website. Just make sure everything is compatible before you buy it and you will be ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-mainboard-memory-speed.198194/
Relevancy 45.15%

I need to test how fast my memory sticks are operating. I have 512mb x 2 installed and they are supposed to be operating at 400 mhz, but if they aren't operating at that speed, then I want to install 1GB x 2 because my system will not handle that much memory at 400 mhz speed (I already tried), but should be able to at the 333 mhz speed. If anyone know a way to check the actual memory speed capabilities and settings of my system, I would be very grateful. Thank you all.

A:How do I test memory speed?

I found another thread on TechSpot that mentioned the utility I was looking for, it's called CPU-Z and I highly recommend to determine what your system can handle for RAM, etc. Now my question is, what is the maximum speed latency my system can handle? My CPU has bus speed of 100 MHz with Rated FSB speed of 400.0 MHz. So that means the fastest this CPU can handle is approximately PC2100 without any wasted bandwidth?

My system can't handle dual-channel BTW. Since it is non-dual channel will the increased bandwidth of my current memory (400 or PC3200) help in this regard? Thank you all for reading my post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-test-memory-speed.104328/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have 4 sticks of (2 dual lots) of Kingston Hyper X (KHX8500D2/1GN) that are supposed to be running at 1066 MHz but according to HWinfo, Everest Ultimate edition & CPUz they are only running at 400.0 MHz

Can someone please tell me how to fix this or what is going, I am totally stumped. I'm not into overclocking but I would like to have the memory running at least close to what they are supposed to be doing

Any help appreciated

My system

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU
2 x 2 GB Kits Kingston Hyper memory 1066MHz
MSI P35 Platinum Combo
Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro Soundcard
Geforce GTX 285 Video card
Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU
WD 250GB SataII HD
4 x WD 500GB SATAII HD
2 X Samsung 1TB HD
Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card
Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling
Samsung 226BW 22" monitor
Samsung Syncmaster 913 19" monitor

A:memory speed is only 400 MHz instead of 1066

They are running at actual clocks of 400, = effective clocks of 800. (DDR2 800. Close to what you're supposed to run at) You will most propably need to go to BIOS, up the VDIMM to what the RAM's specs say and then put the frequencies and latencies to what they're supposed to be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-speed-is-only-400-mhz-instead-of-1066.797933/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am going to build my own computer and I'm having trouble with the FSB. My FSB speed is 2000MHz which means I should using some kind of memory that's really high but then the motherboard says it only supports DDR 266/333/400MHz. Dual-channel is also supported so does the memory speed get multiplied by two? I'm kind of lost here

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I just bought a new pc and asked for Corsair 16GB pc3 1200 1600MHz 4x4 GB DDR3 to be installed but when I checked the bios it lists
Memory frequency 1337.68MHz
Total Memory size 16384 MB
should the frequency not be 1600MHz ?

A:Memory speed in the bios

Quote: Originally Posted by baccini

Hi I just bought a new pc and asked for Corsair 16GB pc3 1200 1600MHz 4x4 GB DDR3 to be installed but when I checked the bios it lists
Memory frequency 1337.68MHz
Total Memory size 16384 MB
should the frequency not be 1600MHz ?

On a lot of PCs the RAM frequency is set to DDR3-1333 by default. To get something different, you may need to set the BIOS to use the XMP (extreme media profile) settings, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225126-memory-speed-bios.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I have just bought, with the advice of a store technical person (ha, ha) a 512mb pc2700 memory, the speed I wanted was pc2100. This I was told would work yet only at the slower speeed of the existing 128 pc2100 memory already fitted in the pc. I have since been told by a friend that this may not work correctly as they are not the same size (512 & 128) and that I should get two that match. Can anyone shed some light please, I am running windows XP home ed & processor 1.7 celeron. Many Thanks Bigsey

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a 256mb ram @400mhz(elixer), and I have another 256mb ram @266mhz (kingston)
Should i install the second ram chip along with my first?
In other words:
Which is better? 256mb @ 400mhz or 512 @ 266mhz
And what is the risk of overclocking the 266mhz ram up to 400mhz? Would it be reccomended? (my cpu runs @ 30-40 deg. if that means anything)
I use my computer to play light games, dvds, word and excel.
Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

So I am looking for free software to find out what type of ram I have and what speed it runs, I once had a program that did that but I just can't remember the name, so can somebody suggest a few.

A:reading memory brand and speed

I'd try Aida32, if you want a glance at it , here's the link to the site http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html.
Depending on if your using win7 x32 bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/13473-reading-memory-brand-speed.html
Relevancy 44.72%

quot Memory Speed defines the minimum access time that your RAM can physically handle and is rated in MHz Higher speeds indicate that the RAM can be made to run to faster The actual speed of the memory will be determined by the bus speed of your system and will step down if your system only supports a slower speed quot Bus Testing Speed Memory Bigger for This is a quote from a website selling memory I think I get the concept but is there a mathematical equation for finding out how much memory Testing Bus Speed for Bigger Memory you can add My system info shows what I currently have for memory My maximum capacity is Thanks SIW mb gigs right My maximum memory module size is mb one gig right Here s how I understand this The max cap is just that how much my computer can hold and the module size is what each memory stick can be Now taking into account the bus speed how do I know if the memory will be fully functional or if it will step down Testing Bus Speed for Bigger Memory for the bus speed Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Testing Bus Speed for Bigger Memory

4096mb is indeed 4gb and 1024mb is 1gb, so you're spot on

go to crucial.com and run their scanner, it will tell you the speed of your current installed ram and what your mobo can take

if this isn't what you want to know then let me know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/testing-bus-speed-for-bigger-memory.93494/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi all,

i have a computer running windows xp sp1. it has p4 1.7 cpu and 1g ddr sdram memory.
recently i noticed that the computer was very slow in opening up programs or some other simple operations. i have norton anti virus running all the time, so it should not be virus. i also scanned the system using adaware and everything seemed ok.

so i am just wondering if it could be the memory, as i am using two memory with different speed, one 512 at 2100, and the other at 2700. could that be the reason? any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello

My actual system as 6 gig of memory with a 400 MHZ speed

Questions:

- If I install 1066 6 gig at 1066 will I increase the performance of my system?
- Could I Increase performance by modifying the voltage of my actual memory stick?

Any help or idea appreciated

Martin

A:Memory speed: Increas performance?

Quote: Originally Posted by arjfca

Hello

My actual system as 6 gig of memory with a 400 MHZ speed

Questions:

- If I install 1066 6 gig at 1066 will I increase the performance of my system?
- Could I Increase performance by modifying the voltage of my actual memory stick?

Any help or idea appreciated

Martin

You can't put memory that is faster than the memory that your pc came with in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/228323-memory-speed-increas-performance.html
Relevancy 44.72%

So as we all know RAM is getting cheap so I thought I would get myself 8gb of Ram.

This is where the Fun stops.

Installed RAM and then found it works. YAY But only at 1333 not the 1600 its ment to be at. So I went into the Bios and Changed too 1600, NOTHING. NO POST.

Had to reset eveything and all.

Went back in and done the Timings to the 9,9,9,24 as it said on the pack. NOTHING.

I have been on the G:Skill site and someone gave a this is what you do, So I did it again nothing.

So am I right in saying that I will be overclocking my CPU when I change things like the FSB and Timings?

Bios is this: .

Here is CPU-Z:

Mother board is Here.

A:New Memory New Timings, New Speed, NOT Happening.

more than likely you will have to up your ram voltage to 1.65v in order to get it at 1600.....most are the same way, 1.5v will do fine for 1333 but most of the older ram not being marketed for SandyBridge cpu will need the 1.65V to see 1600, give that a try with the 9-9-9-24 timings and see how it goes

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/200131-new-memory-new-timings-new-speed-not-happening.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there If I have a data bus size of 4 and and address bus size of 8 how do I determine the amount of memory that can be addressed?

If I wanted a processor to transfer 7 bits per cycle how would I determine the data and address bus sizes?

I forget the equations

Thanks for any help :grinthumb

A:Question about bus speed and memory size

Looks like you also forgot to pay attention in class and your textbooks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-bus-speed-and-memory-size.13459/
Relevancy 44.72%

I Low speed Solved: memory postings just replaced my DDR memory with a dual channel pack of Patriot PC - x gb ram Its marked for MHz but my pc bios has it set for My motherboard is an MSI NF -G and says it supports up to MHz DDR ram I am assuming that the MHz listing patriot has the ram at is the max they overclocked it to Now I m trying to figure out how to get it there I m new to overclocking so if that is indeed what needs to be done any suggestions would be appreciated I ve already stepped up the FSB by and I have a benchmark test being run But my goal is to hit the mhz its rated for and the max increase that the motherboard has built in is which would only get me to MHz Any suggestions or thoughts would be great My build is the above ram and motherboard AMD phenom II x processor two Nvidia geforce GTS graphics cards Solved: Low memory speed postings in SLI Let me know if you need any other info thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Low memory speed postings

Are your timings/voltages right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-low-memory-speed-postings.956032/
Relevancy 44.72%

What is the fastest speed memory this board will handle? 2133/2400?i know it has 2133 in it now but will it run 2400?I owned a toshiba and it said 4GB was max, but I put 8GB in it and windows recognized it and it ran fine.so what about thisHP Pavilion 15-au018wm  what is the max ram really? 32GB/ 64GB? the "official line is 16GB, i know. but what will work?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-speed-HP-Pavilion-15-au018wm/td-p/5853848
Relevancy 44.72%

ok,
From reading different reviews, specs, and forum conversations i've made the assumption that this will work.
can you guys tell me if it wont.. thanks
ok what im going to try to setup is....
a intel celeron 2.6ghz @400mhz on
(any motherboard with 800mhz fsb) with
1 stick of 256mb 266mhz ddr ram and 1 stick 512mb 333mhz ddr ram
with windows xp, nt or 98se
now the motherboard that im planning to use says it works with 400mhz ram
will it also work with the 266 and 333mhz ram and just downclock to 266 and also the motherboard is suposed to automatically downclock to 400mhz and match the cpu right?
so if it works the system will run at 400mhz fsb, and the memory will run at 266....right?? will this work??

A:cpu memory and motherboard speed issues

The BIOS in most motherboards is set to automatically detect the processor and memory and set their speeds. One issue you will have though is that the 333 memory will run at 266 unless you overclock the 266 RAM to 333. Most RAM will do that. You cant run RAM sticks at different speeds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-memory-and-motherboard-speed-issues.25697/
Relevancy 44.72%

wut does memory speed do in gaming performance??

im looking at two 9600PROs one with 128mb n 256mb.. however, the 128mb.. it ses memory speed 300 X2 while the 256mb ses 200 X2..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wut-does-memory-speed-do-200x2-vs-300x2.26311/
Relevancy 44.72%

My motherboard has the following specs:

Processor: Socket 478 for IntelŪ PentiumŪ4 processors
Chipset: SiS 661FX + SiS 963L
Front Side Bus: 800 MHz / 533 MHz / 400 MHz
Memory: Single DDR266/333/DDR400x2

This means that it only supports "single channel" memory configurations? Can someone please explain this to me and how it creates a "bottleneck" issue with the FSB ?

I currently have 2 x 512MB PC2100 memory.

I want to upgrade to 2 x 512MB PC3200 memory. But I cannot have them work in dual channel correct?

My CPU is a P4 3.0ghz w/ HT 800mhz FSB, so basically thats 4 *200mhz. This works with PC3200 memory because that is 2* 200mhz correct? What multiplier/frequency settings would work for an overclock. Nothing big just maybe a 10-20% increase.

But can someone also explain what DUAL CHANNEL is - and i guess my mobo doesn't support it?

thanks

A:memory speed vs CPU FSB and overclocking questions

Having your memory in dual channel configuration gives you a greatly noticeable boost. This is because the CPU and GPU can access your memory, escpecially in large quantities, more easily; giving a noticeable increase in responsiveness and higher fps per RAM stick in gaming.

I'm sorry I can't aid you in finding whether your motherboard supports dual channel. Perhaps your motherboard manufacturing site (or Computer Manufacturer if the mobo is OEM) will have the motherboard manual which will almost certainly tell you if your computer supports dual channel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-speed-vs-cpu-fsb-and-overclocking-questions.613141/
Relevancy 44.72%

First Thread,

Asus K8v Se Deluxe Mobo
Athlon 64 3000+
Radeon All-in-wonder 9800 Pro
160 Gig 7200 Hd
40 Gig 7200 Hd
Sony Dvdr+rw Burner
Some Sort Of Floppy Ive Never Used
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case
19" Viewsonic Crt
Logitech Bluetooth Mouse And Kb
1 Stick Of No Name 512 Pc3200 Ram

I Just Bought Another Stick Of Kingston 512ddr 400 Ram And Installed. System Sees New Memory And Everest Software Says That Im Running @ 200mhz. Best I Can Tell With 2 Sticks Of 512 I Should Be @ 400 Mhz.
I Was Running @ 200 Before Adding Kingston Also. Anyone Have Any Words Of Wisdom?
Regnad

A:K8v Se Deluxe, Adding Ram But Not Sure About Memory Speed

You can only run as fast as the slowest RAM chip or as fast as your mobo can handle, either your other RAM is slower then you think or your mobo doesn't support anything higher. Idk to much about AMD but that's how it works w/ intel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/k8v-se-deluxe-adding-ram-but-not-sure-about-memory-speed.19720/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have amd 3200+ cpu on motherboard abit nf7-s2 with dual channel support
and 2 identical memory sticks each 512MB DDR400.

When I ran the latest sisoft sandra, it reports:
memory bus speed 2x200MHz (400MHz data rate)Click to expand...

But I have DDR400...
Does it mean that each memory stick should work at 400MHz and NOT at 200 as reported by sisoft sandra?

A:dual channel memory speed

DDR stands for "double data rate". So an easy way to look at it is that it does things twice every clock cycle. That's why it's 2 x 200 or 400MHz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-channel-memory-speed.280379/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I m relatively new to learning about the hardware aspects of pc s I d like a little bit of insight from and Chipset Memory capabilities speed anyone regarding my inquiry Based on my research from on Intel s website the chipset that my motherboard comes with is Chipset and Memory speed capabilities the Intel G http www intel com products desktop chipsets g g -overview htm and it says the memory support of this chipset is quot Dual-Channel DDR Memory Support quot Does this mean that I can install DDR memory modules in my machine even though the Chipset and Memory speed capabilities documented motherboard specs see below show only DDR I m curious if I can replace my existing DDR PC- memory sticks with DDR memory sticks to take advantage of what this chipset is capable of Or is it possible that the motherboard will limit the chipset s capabilities Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Thank you I recently purchased a HP D T desktop and according to the specs of my customized order it has the following components and their specifications Front-side bus FSB MHz Chipset Intel G BIOS features Keyboard combination to used to enter BIOS F System BIOS core brand AMI Memory Dual channel memory architecture Four -pin DDR DIMM sockets Supported DIMM types PC - MHz PC - MHz Non-ECC memory only unbuffered Supports GB DDR DIMMs Supports up to GB on bit PCs Supports up to GB on bit PCs nbsp

A:Chipset and Memory speed capabilities

A lot of the newer Intel based boards can support either DDR2, DDR3, or both - but only one type at a time.

If your HP documentation only lists DDR2 as being supported then HP has decided to implement the board with only DDR2 capability and its a wise move. DDR3 is expensive and offers little to no gain at the present time in real world environments.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chipset-and-memory-speed-capabilities.751845/
Relevancy 44.72%

So, i first had a difficult time trying to figure out the details on my own, even after the college courses managed to royally confuse me on the simplicity of DDR.

After reading through this nearly 2 year old thread (SEEN HERE) figuring the operating speeds was a simple reverse engineering of calculation used to get the rated speed...

Ok, so now i know something is off.
After a quick (not really quick) 3DMark test, the results post saying my RAM is running at 889Mhz (SEEN HERE)

But my RAM is DDR3-2133 which should be 1066Mhz...

Uh, right...

So how do i manage to configure it to function properly? The BIOS says it is 2133, but windows is only using 889Mhz or the available 1066Mhz...

I am fairly certain it is a windows related issue.

A:Memory not running at rated speed.

Please download and install CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting and then run it. Please post a screenshot of the CPU, Memory and the SPD tab. The SPD tab is for each Dimm slot. Just post shots of the slots with ram in them. This will tell you how to post screenshots.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345921-memory-not-running-rated-speed.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Inspiron e1505 with a Intel Duo Processor T2400 (2M Cache, 1.83 GHz, 667 MHz FSB). My current memory is 2 x 512mb DDR2 533 (PC2 4200).

I plan to upgrade my memory to 2 x 1gb. I was going to get DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) to match with the 667 MHz FSB. I do have the option of getting DDR2 800, but I think this would be pointless since the FSB is only 667.

Is this the right way of going about it? I'm no expert, but just from searching around the web this is the basic idea I gathered.

Thanks for the help

A:Memory upgrade, matching w/ FSB speed?

I think this would be pointless since the FSB is only 667.Click to expand...

Why?
IMO DDR2 800 is fine if its only a couple dollars more expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-upgrade-matching-w-fsb-speed.154253/
Relevancy 44.72%

I find myself now having do upgrades on my computer since my husband passed away several months ago.

Due to video editing, that I now are involved with, I feel I need to upgrade the memory in my system.

The system is a hp 7680 and has 4 slots. 2 slots each have 1gig 533 mhz ddr2 chips.

My question is, if I add 2 more single gigs sticks, do they have to be 533 mhz or can I go to a higher speed chip, like 633 or 800?

Relevancy 44.72%

It is running at 1300MHz constantly and it is suppose to run at 1600MHz, any reason why? Specs at bottom.

A:Memory not running at full speed

Have checked the MOBO ram list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/170426-memory-not-running-full-speed.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Does anybody know the max memory speed possible for Thinkpad E555 in a dual module configuration and with most recent BIOS?AMD lists in some documents different speeds possible for single SO-DIMM and dual SO-DIMM as well as single rank or dual rank. It claims that there might be a fall back to 1333MHz even. But what is the reality for the Lenovo Thinkpads? I can't find any official documents on that. There are brands (like Kingston HyperX Impact) that have DDR3 SO-DIMM available for 1600MHz, 1866MHz and 2133MHz, while the latter one is not specifficaly offered as being compatible with the E555. Anybody with higher RAM speeds than 1600MHz DDR3 on the E555 or a similar Thinkpad? 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:AMD APU Kaveri (like E555) - what max memory speed...

bump (nobody has any experience so far?)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/AMD-APU-Kaveri-like-E555-what-max-memory-speed/td-p/2183132
Relevancy 43.86%

Can anyone tell me what this means I am thinking of buying a new pc and am not confident enough to build it myself. Have been looking in the usual places that people who build there own rigs probably disapprove of, when am looking at a certain pc from dell it says this

The memory speed of 4 DIMMS configuration will be limited at 1066MHz with Athlon II X4 630 and Phenom II X4 820 processors. ...

If the memory works at 1300 Mhz and the Processor only supports 1066 Mhz what does that mean ?

A:AMD processors limited to 1066MHz memory speed?

AMD CPU's have the memory controller built into them. Faster memory will just have the speed of it set to what the memory controller can support.

So if the memory works at 1300Mhz, but the controller only supports 1066Mhz, then the 1300Mhz memory will just slow down to 1066Mhz.

But Dell only says that the speed of the memory will be limited on those CPU's only if all 4 ram slots are filled with memory. Unless you will be upgrading the memory in the system when you get it, you dont need to worry about it.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processors-limited-to-1066mhz-memory-speed.161784/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi guys...just bought a new system.

im having a problem with my unchached speed and memory performance...any ideas whats the problem?.

heres a rundown compliments of pcpitstop.

http://pcpitstop.com/TechExpress.asp?id=A74ESW607NVSXJXG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-unchached-speed-and-memory-performance.667395/
Relevancy 43.86%

I was wondering what is better to look for in a video card the speed or the memory

Relevancy 43.86%

I have four 184 pin-DIMM sockets
Supports Dual Channel DDR 400 ECC/non-ECC un-buffered memory
Suppports up to 4GB RAM
Existing Memory is OCZ DDR PC-3200 / 400MHz / Value Series / Dual Channel .

New memory is Micron/Crucial 1GB PC2700UNBUFF PBF /333Mhz

This would make a total of 3GB and totally populate the MBD with 4 sticks.

I spent$70 (if I get the rebates) for the new 2GB of memory.

Questions:
1. Do I keep the faster 400MHz 1GB memory in Bank A
2. Do I need all 400MHz memory? (I can return the new stuff)
3. Can I overclock any of this if it is better matched?

Any comments appreciated. This is a noobe post. (My first post.)

MY motherboard is ABIT KN8 SLI(NF-CK804) Socket 939
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+ 2200MHz

THANKS ALL!

A:Pairing memory size&speed across my 2x2 banks

You should never ever mix different speeds of ram unless you like dealing with bsod's and instability issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pairing-memory-size-speed-across-my-2x2-banks.94680/
Relevancy 43.86%

I want to upgrade the ram on my laptop. My processor is Intel Core i3-2370M and supports DDR3 memory at 1333 Mhz. The pre-installed memory is running at 1.5v. The problem is, I'm having trouble finding the exact memory for my laptop. The closest I can find is Kingston 4 GB, 1600 Mhz, 1.35v. Is this bus speed and voltage compatible with my processor/motherboard? Will it run without any problems on my laptop?

Also what are the disadvantages of mixing memory sticks other than not being able to run in dual channel mode? I don't care about dual channel but would like to know if there are any other disadvantages.

A:DDR3 Memory, Voltage/Bus speed compatiblity

We can help you better if you advise us what the brand name and model name and model number of your laptop is.

All we know at this point is that it has an Intel Core i3-2370M processor and an unknown amount of DDR3 RAM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr3-memory-voltage-bus-speed-compatiblity.1155514/
Relevancy 43.86%

Good morning I recently purchased a mg memory card for my IBM laptop The original OS had mg with which I upgraded to XP SP a while back Anyway that being said I put speed up Memory doesn't Solved: laptop New the new memory in and checked in BIOS on boot and it only said mg which I assume the rest was allocated somewhere else on the disk Also when Solved: New Memory doesn't speed up laptop I tried installing a couple of programs on the laptop after the new memory was put in I got a blue screen with some error messages I assume Couldn t read it fast enough When I tried to read it the laptop rebooted itself and then started up I cannot install any apps or programs without getting that blue error screen It always goes to that screen and reboots itself I don t understand why it didn t speed up the laptop I don t know the processor speed which I think may be a factor in why it s not running better I think it s a Pentium III if that helps to accomodate running XP It does work but very slowly at half the capacity it should for running XP obviously This laptop is a fairly old IBM Thinkpad R I was wondering if there was anything I could do or maybe should have done to remedy the situation I put the old memory back in and although it s slow it seems to run better I was also thinking that maybe I should just reinstall although not sure how that would work when I changed the partition from FAT to NTFS I have read some post about reinstalling on top of XP and some suggest it s not a good idea cos alot of things do not support as far as performance Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I have a MSI GX it's default memory is the x GB DDR - Max x GB DDR - - - - Timings Recently I decided to do upgrade my memory from the total of a set memory gx640 I How windows clock 7? speed msi do with on gbs to gb the type of memory i'm using is this Then I started getting rampant BSOD I wasn't sure what to do so I did so did some research I was told that the memory clock speed or something could be off I used speccy to identify what I How do I set memory clock speed on a msi gx640 with windows 7? had it says this RAM Memory slots Total memory slots Used memory slots Free memory slots Memory Type DDR Size MBytes Channels Dual DRAM Frequency MHz CAS Latency CL clocks RAS to CAS Delay tRCD clocks RAS Precharge tRP clocks Cycle Time tRAS clocks Command Rate CR T Physical Memory Memory Usage Total Physical GB Available Physical GB Total Virtual TB Available Virtual TB SPD Number Of SPD Modules Slot Type DDR Size MBytes Manufacturer Samsung Max Bandwidth PC - F MHz Part Number M B CH -CF Serial Number A DD Week year SPD Ext EPP JEDEC Frequency MHz CAS Latency RAS To CAS RAS Precharge tRAS tRC Voltage V JEDEC Frequency MHz CAS Latency RAS To CAS RAS Precharge tRAS tRC Voltage V JEDEC Frequency MHz CAS Latency RAS To CAS RAS Precharge tRAS tRC Voltage V JEDEC Frequency MHz CAS Latency RAS To CAS RAS Precharge tRAS tRC Voltage V Slot Type DDR Size MBytes Manufacturer Samsung Max Bandwidth PC - F MHz Part Number M B CH -CF Serial Number A DD Week year SPD Ext EPP JEDEC Frequency MHz CAS Latency RAS To CAS RAS Precharge tRAS tRC Voltage V JEDEC Frequency MHz CAS Latency RAS To CAS RAS Precharge tRAS tRC Voltage V JEDEC Frequency MHz CAS Latency RAS To CAS RAS Precharge tRAS tRC Voltage V JEDEC Frequency MHz CAS Latency RAS To CAS RAS Precharge tRAS tRC Voltage V If anyone see's anything wrong or perhaps the clock speed is the problem please let me know how to fix it Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this

A:How do I set memory clock speed on a msi gx640 with windows 7?

Welcome to Seven forums. When you upgraded the memory, did you buy a new set of memory or just add a stick to what was already there? Also, do you have the options in your bios to set frequency and timings of your memory. most notebooks do not. Please download and install CPUz. Post screenshots of the memory tab and for each of the dimm slots on the SPD tab. your SPD tab will have a selection for each dimm slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277854-how-do-i-set-memory-clock-speed-msi-gx640-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I've upgraded BIOS to and installed Windows on my Acer V - G It works good 571G Out Memory - - Acer what speed? Maxing but it would work even better if I'd have more RAM I installed CPU-Z and here's my specification about memory nbsp Chipset ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Acer 571G - Maxing Out Memory - what speed? Northbridge Intel Ivy Bridge rev Southbridge Intel HM rev Acer 571G - Maxing Out Memory - what speed? Graphic Interface PCI-Express PCI-E Link Width x PCI-E Max Link Width x Memory Type DDR Memory Size GBytes Channels Single Memory Frequency MHz CAS latency CL Acer 571G - Maxing Out Memory - what speed? RAS to CAS delay tRCD RAS Precharge tRP Cycle Time tRAS Command Rate CR T Host Bridge x MCHBAR I O Base address x FED MCHBAR I O Size MCHBAR registers Memory SPD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIMM SMBus address x Memory type DDR Module format SO-DIMM Manufacturer ID Hyundai Electronics AD Size MBytes Max bandwidth PC - MHz Part number HMT S MFR C-PB Serial number F E Manufacturing date Week Year Number of banks Nominal Voltage Volts EPP no XMP no AMP no JEDEC timings table CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRC frequency JEDEC - - - - MHz JEDEC - - - - MHz JEDEC - - - - MHz JEDEC - - - - MHz JEDEC - - - - MHz JEDEC - - - - MHz JEDEC - - - - MHz DMI ------------------------------------------------------------------------- DMI BIOS vendor Acer version V date ROM size KB DMI System Information manufacturer Acer product Aspire V - G version V serial NXM EP E UUID F F - -E - F -B E ABE SKU Aspire V - G V family Type Family DMI Baseboard vendor Acer model VA HC CR revision Type - Board Version serial NBM A FF DMI System Enclosure manufacturer Acer chassis type Notebook chassis serial NXM EP E DMI Processor manufacturer Intel R Corporation model Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz clock speed MHz FSB speed MHz multiplier x DMI Memory Controller correction unknown Max module size MBytes DMI Memory Module designation DIMM DMI Memory Module designation DIMM DMI Memory Module designation DIMM size MBytes single bank DMI Memory Module designation DIMM DMI Extension Slot designation J C type AA populated no DMI Extension Slot designation J C type A populated no DMI Extension Slot designation J C type A populated no DMI Extension Slot designation J D type A populated no DMI Extension Slot designation J C type A populated no DMI Extension Slot designation J D type A populated no DMI Extension Slot designation J C type A populated no DMI Extension Slot designation J C type AA populated no DMI OEM Strings string String for Original Equipment Manufacturer string String for Original Equipment Manufacturer string String for Original Equipment Manufacturer string String for Original Equipment Manufacturer string String for Original Equipment Manufacturer DMI Physical Memory Array location Motherboard usage System Memory correction None max capacity MBytes max of devices DMI Memory Device designation DIMM format DIMM type unknown DMI Memory Device designation DIMM format DIMM type unknown DMI Memory Device designation DIMM format SODIMM type unknown total width bits data width bits size MBytes DMI Memory Device designation DIMM format DIMM type unknown nbsp I'd like to ADD at least GB of RAM so I can have GB in total I need to know is it possible to get RAM with higher frequency and will it work in my laptop For instance can I remove current RAM which is MHz and install x GB MHz If not then what is max amount and speed of memory I can get Id like to get a memory with better CLs if possible can I do that nbsp Thank you merry Christmas

A:Acer 571G - Maxing Out Memory - what speed?

Hello, Your laptop supports up to 16Gb - DDR3 - 1600MHz (2x8Gb).The frequency is 800MHz because it works in single channel 1600/2 (in dual channel 1600MHz).See the datasheet of your laptop. I wish you a Merry Christmas!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-571G-Maxing-Out-Memory-what-speed/td-p/403961
Relevancy 43.86%

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/bf4-loves-high-speed-memory

This was posted by Corsair a couple of days ago. What does everyone think? Is this just an attempt to get people to upgrade to shinny corsair ram, or is this finally a reason for gamers to have good ram/ overclock our current sticks?

A:Battlefield 4 loves high-speed memory?

No way the average FPS increases by 20 just by adding faster RAM (1920x1200 ultra graph)... BF3 barely gains 3 FPS from high speed RAM. It is just bloated graphs and marketing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-4-loves-high-speed-memory.197380/