Windows Support Forum

Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Q: Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old daughter was watching cartoons on my Laptop, she got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard.

I don't know what happened she some how activated an option that I don't know how to turn off. The main keyboard keys are not working instead it use the extra keys arrows, symbols etc

I have turned off the computer, took off battery, search in control panel for option, but I am unable to make main keys to work. What should I do ?

Thanks for your help

I am using Windows 7 home 32bits

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working

fn-key, alt-key, ctl-key problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/241256-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 104.49%

As of the moment, I am typing with the help of an onscreen keyboard.  I couldn?t point out exactly what precipitated this problem since it was working fine a day before. The keys that stopped working are: 1 3 -   [second row]q, t, u, p, ] \    [third row]Caps lock, s, d, g, h, j   [fourth row]m, right shift    [fifth row]upper key [sixth row] I?ve tried every possible method to troubleshoot the problem (restarting it, removing the battery, updating drivers, re?installing drivers, resetting the laptop) but none of it work.I?d appreciate if you could help me out. Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Most-of-the-keys-on-my-Acer-E5-471-laptop-keyboard-stopped/td-p/440304/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 98.04%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi, for some reason some of the keyboard keys arent working, I didn't spill anything on them and they are not stuck. They are the spacebar, letters b n, forward slash, the three bottom arrow keys. My laptop is a dell inspiron 1525 and its a year old.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Some keys on laptop keyboard not working

What operating system does it have XP,Vista ,W7?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working.925136/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have an Acer aspire G and some of the keys have stopped working and of the top row number keys Very occasionally they might start working again for a few minutes or if i start tapping them hard Aspire not - working - Keys 5755G Acer Laptop they may start to work for a bit But in general they don't work at all I plugged in a usb keyboard and Keys not working - Laptop - Acer Aspire 5755G all of the keys work so I am assuming this is a mechanical problem I am going to attempt to replace the keyboard myself as i managed to find Keys not working - Laptop - Acer Aspire 5755G one video its in a diff language but I think I can see how he does it Thay th o s a l p b n ph m Acer Aspire G keyboard replacement fix assembly guide - YouTube However I thought before i go ahead I would ask on here is there anything else you suggest i do which might fix it I assuming there is no way this can be a problem in the os bios and its definitely hardware related I don't have any warranty left either Thanks

A:Keys not working - Laptop - Acer Aspire 5755G

Hello Robwan,

Usually, if just a few keys stop working... it's a bad keyboard. This happens a lot with Gaming Computers, due to the heavy use of certain keys.

If an external keyboard works, I'd consider replacing the onboard keyboard. You can also test using the on-screen keyboard, as well.

http://laptoppartstore.weebly.com/re...-keyboard.html

A new keyboard can be purchased on ebay or keyboard.com

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311080-keys-not-working-laptop-acer-aspire-5755g.html
Relevancy 97.18%

HP G62-b80SS laptop
Many keys in the keyboard aren't working. I've successfully replaced the motherboard for this laptop because it went dead because of some dampness trickling going inside and is now otherwise working fine. It's been abandoned for 7 months. I've reseated the keyboard connector and cleaned it with a contact cleaner.
I guess I need to get a new keyboard, am I right?
Thanks!

A:Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

Or the motherboard keyboard connector is damages by corrosion...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-keys-in-keyboard-not-working-hp-g62-b80ss-laptop.213407/
Relevancy 97.18%

I'm having a keyboard issue - Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V - G laptop N its currently running windows and I downloaded the anniversary update in september don't remember - But after the second week of October i think can't remember certain keys on my keyboard have just stopped working for no reason (Windows keyboard Certain not keys on working laptop 10) at all - Specifically the letters - W E R Y and the TAB key and recently I noticed the Windows Key is also not working - They do not work at all and nothing happens when I press these keys - As far I know the rest of the keys are working fine coz I did an online keyboard test or maybe some key I dont use aren't working n I missed it - I don't know if the keys have stopped working bcoz of downloading the anniversary update or something else - I have tried removing the keys and cleaning under them with a soft-haired paintbrush coz I thought maybe there was dust under them that was obstructing the working of the keys but that dint change anything n keys were still not working after cleaning under them - Also days after I found this problem I did a system restore to Certain keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10) a restore point that I had created about - days ago in the restore point I created everything including the keys was working fine thats y I decided to use the system restore But that dint work either the sys restore rolledback some updates but that was all the keys were still not working - And so Certain keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10) afterwords I decided to look for answers on the net but I dint find anything helpful I did read somewhere that there could be a keyboard driver issue and so I checked Device Manager and tried updating the keyboard drivers but it said that the drivers are already updated Certain keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10) - And also I read somewhere on the net that if your keyboard is not working you should try using the on-screen keyboard and check if the keys that are not working on the physical keyboard are working on the onscreen keyboard amp if the non working keys are also not working on the OSK then it might be an issue or something like that - so I tried using the OSK but all the keys are working fine on that n so now I don't know what's the problem on the physical keyboard - As of now I'm using the OSK for typing the letters that don't work but I want a proper solution for this Plz give me some answers for this - And if you need any more information of my laptop or have any questions please let me know N if your wondering how I typed this then i'm using my work computer P - Thanks to anyone who replies

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/444886-certain-keys-laptop-keyboard-not-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I have bought a logitech's "internet pro desktp black" keyboard & mouse(combo) .
its(keyboard) media keys are not working with my acer aspire 5536G laptop with windows7 and amd turion x2 processor. It worked with desktops and some other laptops.
so what should i do to use the media keys?
the keyboard & mouse came with an installation cd of 'iTouch'.
when i run the setup a message appears saying
"Sorry,this software is not compatible with your operating system. Your device will still provide basic functionality. The installer will close now."
kindly suggest something

A:media keys of logitech keyboard not working with laptop

Download the latest version from Logitech's website compatible with your mouse and keyboard set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-keys-of-logitech-keyboard-not-working-with-laptop.889598/
Relevancy 95.89%

Some of my keyboard keys stop working suddenly (i.e. a,s,d) and after sometime many keys stop working. So can anyone help me in this thing.

A:Compaq cq57 laptop keyboard keys not working

Hey @Sanjiv1?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your Compaq Presario CQ57-200tu Notebook and keyboard keys not working correctly. You can resolve this issue by checking the keyboard language.  Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Here is a link to uninstall the keyboard. Restart the computer after uninstalling, it should reinstall automatically. This has helped others. Here is a link to keyboard troubleshooting. I hope something here helps. Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Compaq-cq57-laptop-keyboard-keys-not-working/td-p/5208679
Relevancy 95.89%

ages ago a couple of keys stopped working on my toshiba laptop and just stuck to using on screen keyboard as subsititute for missing keys. Missing keys are:
y h n 6 and the left arrow key.
I have taken all keys off and gave a good check and could see no damage and liquids havent been spilt on it before that bad to damage it. im sure its a software problem
please help

A:some keys on toshiba laptop keyboard have stopped working

ok this should of been in hardware section sorry my bad but i did do a hijackthis report to see if there was any problems with it.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.3 (BETA)
Scan saved at 05:01:16, on 27/01/2010
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18882)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\TOPI.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba\traybar.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe
C:\Program Files\Seagate\Basics\Basics Status\MaxMenuMgrBasics.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba TEMPRO\TemproTray.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Sony Ericsson PC Suite\SEPCSuite.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxext.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\Generic.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Mobile Phone Monitor\epmworker.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10c.exe
C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
E:\games\empire\steam.exe
E:\hijackthis\TrendMicro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Taskmgr.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 10.32.221.2:80
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee Phishing Filter - {27B4851A-3207-45A2-B947-BE8AFE6163AB} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msk\mskapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Click-to-Call BHO - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\wlchtc.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keys-on-toshiba-laptop-keyboard-have-stopped-working.897908/
Relevancy 95.89%

hi after updating my laptop with a system up date my caps lock, b and n keys don't work. I'm using the on screen keyboard to write this. my laptop is a HP Pavilion g6-1389sa Notebook with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64. normarly i would take it in to the shop to be looked at but i have no warranty left as i could not afford it. please help if you can as i use my laptop for work everyday, and need this sorted as soonas possible. thank you.

A:keyboard keys not working on HP Pavilion g6 notebook laptop

What system update, windows update, a driver update? This is pretty vague.Could the update be coincidence and the keys are broken? If you boot to safe mode with command prompt try them then.Maybe the keys themselves are damages in which case you need a new or new old stock keyboard.That's what I would do, test the keys in a command prompt window and if they don't work there get a new keyboard.Do you have access to a usb keyboard to see if it's the keys or some weird OS thing?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-keys-not-working-on-HP-Pavilion-g6-notebook-laptop/td-p/2751919
Relevancy 95.89%

ages ago a couple of keys stopped working on my toshiba laptop and just stuck to using on screen keyboard as subsititute for missing keys. Missing keys are:
y h n 6 and the left arrow key.
I have taken all keys off and gave a good check and could see no damage and liquids havent been spilt on it before that bad to damage it. im sure its a software problem
please help

Relevancy 95.89%

Hello Sir,

I seem to be having a similar problem. Only the keys, Home, End, Right & Left direction keys arent responding. An external USB keyboard key is working. This led me to believe it could be a hardware issue (moisture etc.) however the new keyboard i order for my vostro 1014 (dell) laptop had the same issue, hence leading me to believe it is a software issue i.e. driver issue.

I have tried updating my driver it tells me its up to date. Have tried uninstalling it and on restart windows reinstalls my driver. I tried going on windows forum (Microsoft) and they were rambling about a possible Hotfix replacement. Please advise and let me know what do i do.

A:Inbuilt Laptop Keyboard , certain keys not working. Help Reqd.

Have you tried the Dell forum, laptop hardware section? That would be a good place since this is a Dell.
Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339713-inbuilt-laptop-keyboard-certain-keys-not-working-help-reqd.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello ,
I have Dell Inspiron 3543. purchased on august 2015 . Its speaker and some keys of keyboard are not working . I updated all the drivers. I did Laptop's factory restore step. But none worked.  
I had shown the issue to few hardware engineers for issue confirmation. They all said It has keyboard and speaker issues. Contact to dell support as one year is not completed.  But Dell support is saying the product is not under warranty and contact dealer.  I contacted dealer. Dealer said we have updated the warranty.
To whom should I contact now? How my issue will get resolved?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987386
Relevancy 95.03%

My computer is an HP Pavilion G laptop Windows Home Premium bit I've recently went through a lot of problems with this computer specifically a corrupt user profile so I ended up doing a factory reset or something in that nature that fixed properly on Home disabled/not Keys working laptop keyboard the problem but it wiped everything off my computer Before the reset occasionally Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly my keyboard would just disable and go into this mode where certain keys opened a variety of programs and I had to shut off restart the computer to fix it But the keys worked fine it was just when the keyboard went crazy was when the keys didn't work But now a week or two after the reset I Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly went on my computer and the home keys and the enter key were disabled and I did some online research and a lot say that the keyboard is shot and you have to replace it The strangest thing was this morning actually I went on the computer and went to type and found the home keys were Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly actually working I left for a bit to start my morning and then came back woke the computer up and turned on the internet and found the keys disabled again I explained that story because it could be something involved with the computer's sleep function or its internet as a maybe Heres a list of some of my computer specs Computer HP Pavilion G Notebook PC x Processor AMD - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics Mhz Cores Logical Processors BIOS Version Date Insyde F SMBIOS Version Installed Physical Memory RAM GB I really need help I have no idea how to fix this Thanks in advance J

A:Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly

firstly I would recommend downloading and installing all of the latest drivers for you laptop. especially any chipset and or ones directly related to the keyboard (most laptop keyboards use default windows ones so theres nothing to update, but laptops with hot keys and multimedia keys tend to use their own)

something else you can do is plug in a usb keyboard and test it, if the same keys on a usb keyboard dont work its not hardware related.
simply googling G7 keyboard throws up hundreds of user complaints so its not exactly a first time event theyve known to fail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318329-home-keys-laptop-keyboard-disabled-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I turned on my acer aspire 7250 laptop today and the period key (the key by the right shift button) what do i do (not even the question mark slash key works) i restarted the laptop twice and i even look on acer.com << that period is working because its the other period which is on the numeric right numbers where the num lock is... i think my computer still under standard warranty..

A:acer laptop keyboard key not working

If the key is not working, then that's a hardware issue. If your laptop is still under a warranty, you should consider sending it for repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-keyboard-key-not-working.1028827/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi

I have a just bought a new Acer Aspire 4810T laptop. It froze a while ago and after turning it off and on again the keyboard and the mouse pad are not working. When starting up the keyboard works when entering the set or using F2 key however after it starts up the keyboard and the mouse pad don't work.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks
Imbokeri

A:Acer Laptop keyboard and Mouse not working

hello
reboot your computer and after your bios has done its check, before windows begins to load, press F8 to access the advanced boot options. You can try to boot last known good configuration from there.
See it that helps first

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-440863.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have been having problems keeping my touchpad and keyboard functioning after taking my laptop apart. In the first instance, my touchpad stopped working a couple weeks after the dissection. I took the computer back apart, and re-secured the touch pad jack in the motherboard connector, and it worked again.

The second instance, which I havent been able to solve, is the keyboard keys. Certain keys will stop working after some short time after taking apart the computer, usually a couple hours to a couple days.

I have tried readjusting the keyboard jack in the motherboard connector, also have tried turning off the computer and taking out the battery for a while.

Please help

Its an HP Pavilion dv5000 with Windows XP

A:Help! Laptop keys stop working after laptop dissection

Also Ive noticed that all of the keys that aren't functioning are clustered in one area on the keypad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-keys-stop-working-after-laptop-dissection.926139/
Relevancy 85.14%

I had purchased an MD u laptop from Gateway which originally came with Windows Vista Not Working Keyboard Keys Laptop "fn" but I got the upgrade for Windows and dual booted Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope With all of these operating systems bit AND bit AND before the operating Laptop Keyboard "fn" Keys Not Working system loads my fn keys work I have recently downgraded both operating systems to just Windows XP which admittedly was never meant to work with this computer - but I have gotten MOST drivers to work The main problem I m having is that after Laptop Keyboard "fn" Keys Not Working XP loads my fn keys no longer work as expected Some combinations still work but not the important ones I m mainly worried about the brightness combinations but other combinations aren t working either If I change my brightness before Windows XP loads the brightness setting stays for the session but when my computer is restarted the brightness goes back to this is just too dim and it s killing my eyes I ve also checked the BIOS settings as well as looked in Windows XP s Power Settings I couldn t find anything that said my monitor wasn t at brightness Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

Does anyone know of a PC manufacturer s that tends to offer Win laptop models with backlit keyboards at prices substantially less than the lessor MacBook Pro model with the DVD drive I am looking for something with approximately the specifications below but not the Apple price I find many PC laptops similarly equipped enough but without backlit keyboards Also I could stand to have a quot I am not ready to kick Win off my current MacBook Pro Boot Camp partition I don't know what Apple is going to do with respect to Win but IMO Win Boot Camp is not yet ready for prime time I could buy an older refurbished MacBook Pro for Win but that might be risky Keyboard Main Laptop Stream Backlit Not sure what it is going to be required for Mac Win to coexist MacBook Pro -inch I could do with quot PC GHz GHz quad-core Intel Core i Turbo Boost up to GHz GB MHz memory I would Backlit Keyboard Main Stream Laptop want GB GB -rpm hard drive Intel HD Graphics Backlit Keyboard Main Stream Laptop NVIDIA GeForce GT M with Backlit Keyboard Main Stream Laptop MB of GDDR memory I wouldn't need this much in the graphics deptment SSD Hardrive OK DVD burner Must burn double layer USB One will do Thuderbolt The PC wouldn't have thunderbolt in all likelihood Gigabit Ethernet needed Built-in battery hours EtEtc Etc Free Shipping

A:Backlit Keyboard Main Stream Laptop

Wasn't BootCamp updated for Windows 8?

For some reason, Alienware's laptops are what comes to mind with backlit keyboards.
Alienware Laptops

The 14 laptop starts at 1,000 and similar or better specs. But they aren't ultrabooks obviously.

I also think I've seen some HP ultrabooks, maybe with touch, that has backlit keyboards and relatively similar specs.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16816-backlit-keyboard-main-stream-laptop.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi guys.

I need a new tab key and a 'U' key for my laptop (Acer Aspire 5630).

Where can i gety these from and can you buy them individually? ? ?

Many thanks.

Gaz.

A:Replacement keys for laptop (Acer)? ? ?

Typically you can't replace keys individually, but you can replace the keyboard (typically). Cost is usually $10~30 but that depends on the model.

Example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Keyboard-fo...4098885QQihZ020QQcategoryZ31568QQcmdZViewItem

That was just from a google search for "Acer Aspire 5630 replacement keyboard".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-keys-for-laptop-acer.763985/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have an older Toshiba laptop- Satellite series- and two of the keys got knocked off. They are intact, so I was wondering if I can just super-glue them on, or is that incredibly dumb, stupid, don't I know that abcd......? How should I go about fixing these? I am NOT that handy with fixing things....thanks for any help!

A:How do I fix laptop keyboard keys?

Hi bj nick,

Perhaps this will help: Reinstalling a key on a Toshiba laptop.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-fix-laptop-keyboard-keys.1007890/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have been having problems lately with some of the keys on my laptop keyboard. Sometimes when I press some of the keys they won't work, and sometimes pressing a letter once will make it register twice in a Word document. The laptop is about 4 years old, and I know that you can't do anything really about a laptop KB since it's built in, but is there anything I could try to see if I can fix the problem? It doesn't happen all the time...maybe I just need to buy some KB cleaning supplies to try and get under the keys?

Thanks in advance..

A:Keys on laptop keyboard won't work?

I had a HP that had similar problems, and it was indeed a bad keyboard. Luckily for me it was still under warranty. For low tech cleaning, you might try some compressed air to blow out dust/hair etc around the keys. If it is a bad keyboard, you may be able to replace it yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keys-on-laptop-keyboard-wont-work.219497/
Relevancy 80.84%

my laptop keys are messing up. it keeps on pressing the delete button by itself so the delete dialog box keeps showing up. it also keeps on typing period automatically. When i press the shift button, it doesn't type in the greater than sign (>) which means its probably not a problem with the hardware.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-laptop-keeps-on-acting-as-if-some-keyboard-keys-are-being/td-p/5797528
Relevancy 80.84%

Its hard cause they are scissor keys and dont have the spacing that standard keyboards have beteween the keys. Will a can of air work? Im not sure if the plastic tube will fit between to blow the dust out.

I occasionally turn it upside down and shake it like mad too, which helps.

Relevancy 80.84%

I have an HP DV9700T laptop. Is there a tech that reads this forum?
My (9 O L . ) buttons are dead on my laptop.
I ordered a new one & installed it. I still have the same problen.
A friend told me it may be a component (chip, diode, or resistor) on the MB that died.

There must be a tech that knows what controls these keys.

Any help, Please??
mgee

A:dead keys on laptop keyboard

Have you tried an external keyboard? This will test whether your problem is with the keyboard, keyboard connector, or keyboard controller. Let us know how you get on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-keys-on-laptop-keyboard.960670/
Relevancy 80.84%

Help! I have a new laptop and seven keys have stopped responding. The keys are 0), -_, pP, [{, ;:, '", /? (I am on my old laptop) I called windows support and we did the selective start up and the keys started responding and then when I tried to use it again the keys stopped responding. I have taken out the battery and took off the key caps and made sure there was no trash. I know nothing about computers but do some crazy things. If anyone knows about laptops I would like any information you can provide. Thank you

A:Laptop Keyboard-Seven Keys not Responding

If it is still under warranty, I'd stop fussing with it (save yourself the aggrevation) and return it to the place where you purchased it. Let them figure it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-seven-keys-not-responding.34384/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi All,

Thanks for Support.

I have a Sony laptop with 64bit Vista. WHen I type O it prits 6 and when I type 'P' it prints '*'. I connect USB keyboard, it works fine. Please support me to solve the problem. I already uninstall the keyboard drive and also try with USB keyboard unplug. But the problem is there.

Please support.

A:Laptop Keyboard keys not type exactly

hi and welcome you could try going to start control panel regional and language and try to configure the keyboard options there

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-keys-not-type-exactly-355048.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I dropped a bit of water on the keyboard - machine works fine BUT keys on the left side are sticky and the second problem is that it is so hard to put these keys back. I bought the laptop 2 days ago and I think I would exchange it.

Any advice regarding this problem - I would appreciate feedback about placing the keys back - it has been impossible to put them back - they do not snap - so frustrating - I think Dell beats HP heere

Thanks

David

A:hp laptop = keyboard - keys stuck

If you removed the keys and cannot put them back, I think you are not eligible to exchange it as defective... you broke it. Please provide the manufacturer and model number so we can help you find a replacement keyboard and service information.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-keyboard-keys-stuck.884028/
Relevancy 80.84%

Since a couple of hours ago, every time I press certain keys on my laptop (A Samsung satellite), instead of a single letter I get a two letter combination. Also, I can not backspace these letters individually. I have to hold it down and then it deletes the the whole two letter combination. The shift key, q key and backspace all seem to be a bit buggy. I've restarted several times with no difference.

Combinations: W=SW E=CE R=RT T=RT Y=UY U=UY I=KI O=O[ P=;P [=O[ S=SW, F=FG G=FG H=JH J=JH K=KI L=L' ;=;P '=L' C=CE

As you can see, they seem to be paired but it's not every key on the keyboard. It's more or less impossible to use to the keyboard right now (this is with an external keyboard)

Thanks for any help.

A:Laptop keyboard is linking certain keys together?

I assume you have rebooted it already? In most cases that indicates a faulty keyboard, was something spilled on it?

Also, are you sure it's a Samsung Satellite and not a Toshiba Satellite?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-is-linking-certain-keys-together.1150927/
Relevancy 80.84%

I bought a laptop that has a horrible keyboard layout without noticing (the funny thing is i inquired about the tiniest detail in the laptop, yet i didn't notice the keyboard's layout).

Anyway, the problem is that next to my space bar there are "| \", "Ins", "Del" and "Alt Gr" keys (i'd really love to shoot the guy who made it). Now what i want to do is remap those buttons to this order : "Alt", Windows key, menu key, "right Ctrl", just like a standard keyboard. How can this be done?

I already tried KeyTweak, but it's not working. Is there any other good utility i can use? i'm using windows XP Home SP2 on my laptop btw.

any help is MUCH appreciated

A:Remapping a laptop's keyboard keys

Microsoft has a utility that works for 2K and XP, it's called REMAPKEY.EXE. It's part of this downloadable Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit, and will do the trick for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remapping-a-laptops-keyboard-keys.431262/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi So I bought from iBuyPower do keyboard work laptop's not on keys Some my a laptop a year ago It's been pretty good overall Very fast but there were a Some keys on my laptop's keyboard do not work few quirks with it here and there Sometimes it randomly blue screened but those problems went away after some driver Some keys on my laptop's keyboard do not work fixes But then after about six months the keyboard started to behave strangely--specifically some keys do not respond on the bottom part Some keys on my laptop's keyboard do not work of the keyboard I used KeyboardTester here to figure out which keys were not working for sure Keyboard Tester And here are the results The following keys do not work unless I press hard really hard on the key Left arrow numpad's and left arrow right control The following keys absolutely do not work as far as I can tell as hard as I'm willing to press Left control fn windows key numpad's home end I could care less about home or windows I can work without those But my muscle memory works with left control and fn is a very useful key to have But I absolutely need my left arrow key to work without a hard press A while later something broke in the laptop that caused it to stop charging and after taking it in to Supergeeks for repairs it seemed that not only did it stop charging but the jack thing that is used to take in energy from the character was FRIED and the motherboard itself may have fried too when they tried to boot the laptop it displayed a pure white screen so we ended up sending it to iBUYPOWER directly since it was still under warranty We didn't do so at first because we heard that sending it in could take weeks It indeed took weeks Eventually we got it back That's where I am now today Good news The laptop works Bad news The keyboard is even worse Before all of the keys worked if I pressed hard enough tilted the laptop slightly in an odd way But now some as stated above absolutely do not work And I literally just got this back from them What's going on Help I'm at a loss Extra information The problem keys are all located either on the bottom left ctrl fn window the mid-bottom right right ctrl left arrow the bottom right numpad or the top right home end of the keyboard

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/127865-some-keys-my-laptops-keyboard-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 79.98%

On my Dell Latitude D610 Laptop, the delete key does not work at all.
The down arrow key only works when the right arrow key is already pressed (I have to press and hold the right arrow key and then press the down arrow key simultaneously to scroll down with my keyboard)..
I find it very strange, not to mention extremely annoying.
Anyone know why that might be happening?

A:2 keys acting strangely on laptop keyboard

sounds a lot like a hardware failure in the keyboard, have you tried Dell regarding a replacement?

Is it under warranty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-keys-acting-strangely-on-laptop-keyboard.786899/
Relevancy 79.98%

Within the last week my Sony Viao laptop keyboard started acting up. The dash key, delete key, home key, no. six key, and a few others just don't work anymore. More and more are not working.

I use it everyday, several years old. I do eat food over it occasionally. Tried cleaning under the keys. Didn't fix.

A virus (I had a recent virus attack so bad had to reformat hard drive; but keyboard worked immediately afterward).

Any guidance greatly appreciated. I'm afraid I'll soon lose all keyboard functioning and will be up the creek. I don't have a lot of money, can't just buy a new computer.

Sony Viao laptop
PIII, 25six ram
11 gig hard drive
Windows 2000 pro final service pak rollup

Relevancy 79.98%

Its been like this for 3 days, my enter, ctrl, up, left, right keys doesn't work. I tried them with on screen keyboard and there it worked. I am having a hard time without these keys and i replaced this keyboard like 7 months ago. Can someone help me with this
Sometimes they do work but they only work one time and than they act weird (like my mouse clicking when i hover on something) backspace working by itself when i try to write something

A:Some keys in my laptop keyboard doesn't work

Ninetails mate try running these for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f switch in the command line as per Option2

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

ADW download frombleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339967-some-keys-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey there,
I recently bought a replacement keyboard for my laptop. It was Chicony make and to say the least a pain to find. Took over a month and almost a payment cancellation on paypal to get. Anyway whe nI plug it in alot of the keys are remapped. Iam using a USB keyboard which works fine and I thought it could be drivers but there is no sticker on the bottom of the keyboard to indicate its modle number so besides trial and error I couldn't find the right drivers or even knwo if that would solve the problem... Any help?

m-h h-k k-m b-c c-b e-r r-e

A:Laptop Keyboard Replacment.Keys mismapped.

You haven't given much information to go on so a few questions first.

What was the problem that made you buy a new keyboard ?

What make and model is the laptop ?

Does the new keyboard have the same key layout as the old one ?

You don't need drivers for keyboards unless you change language or similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-replacment-keys-mismapped.1046248/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I'm trying to buy a lenovo G560 with windows 7 on newegg.com. I like everything about the laptop. But there is one thing I am concerned about.
The thing I'm concerned about is the speaker button and brightness buttons are on all the keyboard arrow keys. If I bought this type of computer would I still be able to play games, surf the internet and navigate through a word document using the arrow keys. But also being able to adjust my brightness and sound.

A:[SOLVED] arrow keys on laptop keyboard

Will they interfere with each other?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-arrow-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-594044.html
Relevancy 79.98%

So I've been asked to give my Mom a hand with her laptop It's a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga though the website seems to drop or parenthesize the IdeaPad part of that running a bit version of Windows Two keys aren't working the F increase screen brightness key and the PrintScreen key This is why we just discovered it no idea when the error cropped up I've found workarounds for all of the things the keys do - brightness can be adjusted in Power Options and the F and PrintScreen functions can both be duplicated using the on screen keyboard function But they're kinda annoying and cumbersome and the error may be symptomatic of a larger problem I've tried rebooting the computer on - Lenovo Keyboard keys Dead laptop and cleaning the keyboard thus far to no avail though it is using one of these stupid new chiclet keyboard styles which makes popping off keys and cleaning the actually functional part of the keyboard impossible through the normal convenient method I've used in the past The keyboard was replaced relatively recently and I will be getting in touch with the gentleman who handled that when his store is open tomorrow I'll also be checking with the official tech support people at Lenovo but I find this and other fora are usually much better at cutting through that ploddingly systematic approach that big Dead keys on Keyboard - Lenovo laptop tech support divisions use and finding the real problem in a reasonable timeframe If either of these resources pays off I'll post the solution here as well Thanks for your time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/dead-keys-on-keyboard-lenovo-laptop-1159985.html
Relevancy 79.98%

This is a laptop Advanta brand. After keyboard crush I exchange for another one. Part of the keys working fine, part not. Some of them shows upper marks, which usually goes with Shift. Other shows numbers instead of letters. Totally mess.

I connected regular keobard just for the test and works fine.

Is this a keyboard problem? (Seller assures 100% work ) Or rather computer system?

What eventually I can check?

A:Laptop keyboard type wrong keys

sounds like a key is stuck down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-type-wrong-keys.849571/
Relevancy 79.98%

ok can anyone help me. My cat walked across my t43p thinkpad and now the l is a 3 , k is 2 and so on

A:laptop keyboard typing wrong keys

some cat

your numlock key is on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-typing-wrong-keys.537517/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all used to frequent this site many moons ago but I'll be darned if I can remember my name Ignore my system specs this is (maybe?) not function keys keyboard on do Random laptop for my Acer Aspire laptop running Windows -bit GB RAM The keyboard was second hand from eBay two or possibly three years ago From the get-go the 'h' key never played ball sometimes having to be pressed hard in order for it to respond and then sometimes logging multiple instances I could just about cope with that Now though among others the following keys have utterly ceased to Random (maybe?) keys on laptop keyboard do not function function w e r So far I've tried the ol' method of taking out the battery for a minute I've had the keyboard off and examined the ribbon no unusual kinks or damage are visible I also kept pressing the afflicted keys while moving the ribbon in the hope that it was a kink No joy there Before I relent and buy a new board they're cheap enough but Random (maybe?) keys on laptop keyboard do not function if I can save money this close to Christmas then everyone's a winner does anyone have any clues or experience with this kind of issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385681-random-maybe-keys-laptop-keyboard-do-not-function.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I've had this strange problem since couple of weeks Some days certain alphabet keys stop functioning properly I have properly keys at not Laptop certain keyboard times functioning to hit it hard to get them to work while after a while of hard hitting keys it starts functioning properly amp I've seen this happening to Space Bar too Laptop keyboard certain keys not functioning properly at times Currently I've issue with Space Bar alone I've to hard hit Laptop keyboard certain keys not functioning properly at times space bar or hit it multiple times to get Laptop keyboard certain keys not functioning properly at times it functioning At times I've noted the prob shifts to other some other key the next day or it doesn't have any prob at all Its been all strange I would like to know what might be the reason for this odd behavior Do u think laptop getting hot might be a reason for that or working for longer hours I've Laptop Cooler always on never turn it off I'm using Dell Vostro Its more than yrs old now never had to take it to any computer shop for repairs or maintenance so far Never formatted or restored or reloaded OS either The only probs I'd so far are with mouse I've changed mouses already I prefer using external mouse piece

A:Laptop keyboard certain keys not functioning properly at times

Quote: Originally Posted by goodlad

I've had this strange problem since couple of weeks. Some days certain alphabet keys stop functioning properly, I have to hit it hard to get them to work while after a while of hard hitting keys, it starts functioning properly & I've seen this happening to Space Bar too. Currently, I've issue with Space Bar alone. I've to hard hit space bar or hit it multiple times to get it functioning.

At times I've noted the prob shifts to other some other key the next day or it doesn't have any prob at all. Its been all strange

I would like to know what might be the reason for this odd behavior ? Do u think laptop getting hot might be a reason for that or working for longer hours ? I've Laptop Cooler always on, never turn it off.

I'm using Dell Vostro 1015. Its more than 2yrs old now, never had to take it to any computer shop for repairs or maintenance so far. Never formatted or restored or reloaded OS either.

The only probs I'd so far are with mouse. I've changed 2 mouses already, I prefer using external mouse piece.

Hi goodlad,

You should try an external keyboard with the system. If external keyboard works fine then you should consider replacing the internal keyboard.

As due to usage and time keys stops responding. However if the similar issue occurs with the external keyboard then it might be a software related issue.

Please check the same and let us know if you require further assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/292956-laptop-keyboard-certain-keys-not-functioning-properly-times.html
Relevancy 77.4%

HI,
I am using HP G6 2105tx model with win 7 home basic 64 bit
I have some specific keys on my keyboard not working.. these keys are ( Right Shift, Left arrow, Up arrow, Numpad 0 and Numpad Enter ) i havent spilled any kind of liquid or do not have any physical damage or problem with may laptop... recently i also see toredo tunneling adapter in my laptop could not start showing code 10 error.. i dont know if these two are anyway linked
i also tried to edit the registry parameters of TCPIP6 to 0 but it didnt worked.. after restart it again changes to 142.. I also updated the keyboard driver.. still nothing
i am really having trouble with my PC, if anyone can please give me a solution i will be really thankful to him/her..

A:Some of my laptop keys are not working

hello raj, This is quite common in laptops well it was with mine.

I found out that the problem was cause by crumbs below the keys. but it is really easy to fix. It could also be caused by the key bracket.

place a flat head screwdriver or your finger nail, at the corner of the key, And apply a little upward pressure they key should pop offf.

Have a look for any crumbs ect, wobble the bracket to see if this helps.

To re-apply they key just place it on top of the bracket and push down until you hear a click.

Let me know if this helpde.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335711-some-my-laptop-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 77.4%

The following keys are not working on my hp pavilion beats laptop: v, b, f,g, r, t, 4, and 5. If you notice they are in a diagonal pattern. I'm not sure what to do or why they stopped working, however, my computer did fall and after that these buttons stopped working. I'm not able to login to my computer because password requires one of these letters . Please help me!!!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Some-keys-on-laptop-not-working/td-p/5714977
Relevancy 77.4%

nbsp Some keys in my HP Laptop have not been working I called the toll my in keys not working laptop Some free number fifty three No Some keys in my laptop not working five does not work times since am till now which is am With utmost difficult and much trying i did get through to a couple Some keys in my laptop not working of Technical staff One Mohit was the most helpful and he provided me with a complaint no five He said he would call Some keys in my laptop not working me back at am since I explained my difficulty in reaching anybody through toll free no It is now and he hasn't yet called One Sandeep promised to put me on to a senior and cut the call Next time I reached the tech dept and I recognized his voice but he cut the call I belong to the press and I have an urgent matter to email for print tomorrow I have explained this to them All I want is to have an engineer come and set the keyboard right and they do not want to do it It is such a small matter and I have spent an entire working day trying to contact them nbsp I tried to contact some corporat office In Chennai the receptionist rudely banged down the phone saying he could not help All other numbers given in HP site and net are wrong nbsp nbsp Can nbsp somebody help me how to get this small matter sorted out I am not able to reach tech support because everytime the call gets cut NObody is accessible It is urgent nbsp

A:Some keys in my laptop not working

We are just fellow end Users. We can't send out an engineer. You do not give us the model number of your laptop but I sense you are not interested in self-repair. If the project is urgent in the short run I suggest you use an external usb keyboard to get your work done while you wait for HP to respond. Sorry I have no more control over the situation. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Some-keys-in-my-laptop-not-working/td-p/5632212
Relevancy 77.4%

So I got a Lenovo Z - Laptop nbsp Some of it's keys are not working at all not even during the boot I not Laptop working the of are keys - Some Z50-70 got a dual-boot Laptop with both Ubuntu and Windows and it seems like some of they keys are not working on neither of the installed OSs Keys that are not working are z x c v m comma point enter return nbsp What I noticed about this Z50-70 Laptop - Some of the keys are not working keys is that they are possitioned at the bottom row of the whole letter keyboard except enter nbsp Z50-70 Laptop - Some of the keys are not working I tried taking out the battery turn the power off Restart with the battery or with the power supply Nothing worked Laptop's warranty expired as well nbsp Laptop is years old I had a similar problem with the key a while ago But the problem there was that the button was being pressed continuously I took it out cleaned it and still wasn't working Turned out to be working next day for one reason or another nbsp Nothing happened before after the last usage of the laptop Last night while writing some code was working ok But in the morning it started to act like this nbsp Any adivice is welcomed Thank you

A:Z50-70 Laptop - Some of the keys are not working

Try to re-install keyboard drivers as third party apps can interfere

Give some Kudos, if you find my post helpful. #Lenovo-NeverStandStill

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-70-Laptop-Some-of-the-keys-are-not-working/td-p/3353359
Relevancy 77.4%

Okay, so yesterday I was dropped off for my first day at Uni and I went into my room to set up my laptop. Somehow (truly a mystery) a single tear fell onto my keyboard, right in the gap below the space bar. Obviously, I thought nothing of it... for about a minute. Then suddenly my keyboard went absolutely crazy. The space bar stopped working and when I tried to type with any other key, weird stuff happened. For example, I would type "B" and instead it would come up as "###O'xnF."

As you can imagine, very weird. I left it for a little bit while I unpacked and when I came back to it, it seemed to have settled down, but some of the keys had stopped working all together. These include the space bar, the z, the s, the shift key, the left alt key etc. Basically, several on the left side of the space bar. I am having to use a USB keyboard but obviously I would rather not have to.

Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?

A:Laptop keys not working

"Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?"... Tears contain salt, salt is corrosive. Yes, take it to a repair place and tell them what you told us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-not-working.205454/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello,

can anyone help?

I spilled coffee on my laptop and i cannot log in to windows as the "b" key is in my password and cant get it to work.

i tried cleaning with mets and nothing.

Is there a way i can bypass the log in password in safe mode? to reset the password.

or is there anyhting i can do.

thanks

A:keys on laptop not working- help

Replace the keyboard or use a external keyboard.i tried cleaning with mets and nothing.I'm not sure what that (mets) means. Did you pour more liquid into that laptop? Liquids and laptops are a bad idea. Anything that gets into the keyboard will usually end up on the motherboard of the laptop. What make model and country. Here in the USA You can often find a laptop keyboard for $20 US or less.For temporary use or permanent if portability is not needed a USB external keyboard should work.Good LuckRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477935/keys-on-laptop-not-working-help/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I have problem in my keyboard , i was playing one day and i turned off the pc and i opened it the next day and i found that some letters doesn`t work and they are (6,7,y,u,h,j,n,m) so help me to solve it and my pc is hp Pavilion g6 so help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Some-keys-are-not-working-on-my-laptop/td-p/5642732
Relevancy 77.4%

Can anyone advise on how to get @ and signed to work on laptop. I have changed the language option in Control panel but get " instead of @ sign. I can get @ by holding shift and 2 but it is not satisfactory.

Relevancy 77.4%

The Windows Vista section may not be the right place to post this but I don't think it is a hardware issue.

I am running Windows Vista Premium with service pack 1.

The keys 1, q, a and z will not work on the laptop keyboard. They work fine on a separate keyboard when I connect
via USB. They used to work fine - just suddenly stopped working one day.

Any ideas?

Cheers

SPF

A:Keys 1;q;a;z not working on my laptop

If it works with an attached keyboard, but not with the built in one - I'd have to suspect that there's a problem with the built in keyboard. I'd suggest replacing it, or taking it to a shop to have it replaced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198385/keys-1;q;a;z-not-working-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi sf,some of my laptop keys are not working.They are left alt,escape,f2,f3,f5 and f6.
All the keys are working fine through external usb keyboard.Can my problem is solved without replacing my internal keyboard??

A:Laptop keys are not working

Hi Sounds like the laptop keyboard will need to be changed. You could try reseating the connection to the motherboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369576-laptop-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 77.4%

A friend has a laptop (no idea what sort) and phoned me to say the three keys all in a diagonal line 3 e and d did not work. I have loaned him a separate keyboard and that works, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas as to why three keys have stopped working. I will pass on any avice to him that you may have. I have suggested turning the laptop upsidedown to try to dislodge anytng that might be stuck.

Some friend had suggested that it might be a circuit board problem. Do you think that is likely?

Thanks

A:keys 3 E and D not working on laptop

Keyboard may have gotten wet, or the internal contacts dirty. He should replace the keyboard. I just did one for a HP, it was about $16.00 on E-bay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keys-3-e-and-d-not-working-on-laptop.959702/
Relevancy 77.4%

After install of RP 8, most of my fn key are not functioning properly or that when pressed they don't show on the screen as it did with 7.

A:fn keys not working on laptop

That is quite weird if assuming you already installed its native application. I found most of my laptops (ASUS, Fujitsu, and Toshiba) have their fn keys just work when the appropriate chipset driver were installed, even before its native fn application is installed, of course lacking the fn animations. Two of them are running Win 8.

Have you tried reinstalling drivers? Who knows it resolves the matter? Just my poor guess.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10008-fn-keys-not-working-laptop.html
Relevancy 77.4%

F7R63EA#ABU the bottom row keys not working z x c v m shift not working ,Hp.F7R63EA#ABU upgraded from 8.1 i think to windows 10 help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/laptop-keys-not-working/td-p/5649184
Relevancy 77.4%

Only the B and N keys are working on HP Laptop botto row All other keys work fine

Thanks
HP Pavilion HD*X16
HP HD* 16
Window 7 HP 64 Bit

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I noticed that gradually certain keys near each other are now not working on my Dell Inspiron 64OO, which is a couple of years old now....

the keys that arent working are the zero, minus symbol and equal sign on top line, letter p and bracket beside it, semicolon and apostrophe, slash with question mark. So they are related somehow I guess seeing that they are all in a line that runs downward.

I did pop off the letter p key and tried carefully cleaning it and it did work occasionally, but I gave up being patient and just copy and paste now, which is an absolute nuisance. please help if you can!

A:certain keys on laptop not working

lol, how old is the laptop? they're designed to last about 2 years then start dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-keys-on-laptop-not-working.908465/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello community new here. I need your guys help please. This is my Acer Laptop its a 2 in 1.When i flip the screen all the way over it gives me an option to go into tablet mode. I choose nobecause instead of actually using it as a tablet im gonna flip it over and lay it on the screen to justuse the keyboard with my external monitor but for some reason when its flipped it wont insert anykeyboard input at all when im using it. It's like a Dead keyboard when I have it "Not in tablet mode butflipped all the way over like a tablet". Hope you guys understand what im saying if not I could make a shortvideo I suppose, anyway thanks in advance!  -DjinnWraith

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Laptop Need Help with Keyboard

you welcome, by the way, don't give up; i sent a private message to him, so maybe you can join forces.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Laptop-Need-Help-with-Keyboard/td-p/428162/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 77.4%

I got a new Acer laptop, someone spilled coffee on it and took to my computer tech said motherboard not affected but need new keyboard, I bought it he said just snap it in and it should work, I did, it's not working, is there something I am missing????

A:Need to put a new keyboard on Acer laptop

Did you notice any liquid damage to the ribbon connector? Also make sure it's in all the way, you should barely be able to see the ribbon cables contact points when it's in all the way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-put-a-new-keyboard-on-acer-laptop.170699/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello community new here. I need your guys help please. This is my Acer Laptop its a 2 in 1.When i flip the screen all the way over it gives me an option to go into tablet mode. I choose nobecause instead of actually using it as a tablet im gonna flip it over and lay it on the screen to justuse the keyboard with my external monitor but for some reason when its flipped it wont insert anykeyboard input at all when im using it. It's like a Dead keyboard when I have it "Not in tablet mode butflipped all the way over like a tablet". Hope you guys understand what im saying if not I could make a shortvideo I suppose, anyway thanks in advance!  -DjinnWraith

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Laptop Need Help with Keyboard

you welcome, by the way, don't give up; i sent a private message to him, so maybe you can join forces.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Laptop-Need-Help-with-Keyboard/m-p/428162
Relevancy 76.54%

Some of the keys on keyboard have suddenly stopped working. It's mainly the middle row apart from g & h. Other rows are ok. Have installed updates but still the same. Please advise - thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Some-keys-not-working-on-HP-Pavillion-laptop/td-p/5658722
Relevancy 76.54%

i have a problem with my laptop some keys doesn't work, the key "T", "Y" sudnly my keyboard is PS/2 Standard

A:laptop keys are not working properly

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Have you tried Re-installing the Software ? ...Is this a USB Keyboard or the actual keyboard on your Laptop ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340762-laptop-keys-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Product Name: hp pavilion g7-2275dxOperating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) Hi,I just want some help with my laptop keyboard, the number keys is not working

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/number-keys-on-laptop-not-working/td-p/5655608
Relevancy 76.54%

I have an HP omnibook xe and the G, H, and ' keys will not work. I tried to clean the keyboard, but that didnt help. I replaced the keyboard and still the same keys are not working. Is this a problem with the system board or maybe some software issues? Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 76.54%

So Recently I tried cleaning crumbs and stuff from under my keyboard. I removed it which was pretty simple, and used compressed air on it. When i put the keyboard back on some keys stopped working. Primarily my 2,w,s,x keys stopped working(All of these are diagonally from each other). I didnt know what it was. my sisters bf took a look at it and saw a small dent in the keyboard ribbon cable. So i ordered a new keyboard and was super careful with putting it back on. But the same keys dont work! I tried everything i could think of. The keys do not work at all. If it helps my laptop number or whatever u call it is 15-f337 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-15-touchscreen-Laptop-Keys-not-working/td-p/5748718
Relevancy 76.54%

I have some keys on my L850D that suddenly stopped working. I have uninstalled the standard ps/2 keyboard in device manager. I have run a full virus scan and the problem is still there. If someone out there may assist I would be greatly apperceive.

A:Some keys not working toshiba Laptop

By stopped working you mean some keys don't output anything at all or they give unexpected characters?

If the latter, you can check whether the language input method matches the keyboard layout: control panel → change input methods (for instance, if a french laptop is set to english keyboard layout some keys won't work as expected).

​Otherwise, it could be a hardware problem. One way to troubleshoot it is to download and boot from a Linux Live CD and try the keyboard from there (for further assistance with this you can ask for help in the linux forum). If the Keyboard works there, that indicates wrong Windows settings. If the keys don't work there the keyboard might be damaged and needs to be replaced. An external keyboard can be used in the meantime.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598536/some-keys-not-working-toshiba-laptop/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi. I have a compaq presario 1200us laptop, upgraded to winxp, working great except the FN keys to lighten/darken etc. arent working. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Compaq Laptop FN Keys not working

When you upgraded to XP, the drivers for the keyboard might not have been compatible with the newer version of your OS. I suggest downloading any newer versions of drivers from the manufacturer's website and seeing if that doesn't solve the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-fn-keys-not-working.521293/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have just bought a new Studio 15 laptop from dell and i have had it for about a month now and when i try to play a game online my left arrow key is stuck and my character is constantly going left. Any help?

A:Laptop Arrow keys not working!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomSyd

I have just bought a new Studio 15 laptop from dell and i have had it for about a month now and when i try to play a game online my left arrow key is stuck and my character is constantly going left. Any help?

Hi.

Does it work at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/71997-laptop-arrow-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 76.11%

hi i m having a problem with my toshiba laptop keyboard about a week ago i noticed i was no longer able to use the control key to copy and paste but i rarely use that key for anything else so i didn t think much of it except that i must ve accidently changed some command now my shift key isn t working--as you can tell from the lack of capitalization in this i think this is a different problem than what was addressed in earlier keys cntrl aren't help satellite workin shift, keyboard with laptop problems; toshiba posts about shift key problems in toshiba laptops in my case the shift key worked only sporadically currently it s not working at all first the right one stopped working now the left one isn t working either there doesn t seem to be any pattern to when they do don t work so it seems unlikely that these keys suddenly got stuck or something i m checking for viruses now does anyone have any other ideas now it s working that s so strange and annoying Thanks help with toshiba satellite laptop keyboard problems; shift, cntrl keys aren't workin Laurel nbsp

A:help with toshiba satellite laptop keyboard problems; shift, cntrl keys aren't workin

Laptop keyboards don't last forever. It may be time for a replacement

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-toshiba-satellite-laptop-keyboard-problems-shift-cntrl-keys-arent-workin.81634/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, I do not understand computers at all but work from home so need to fix a problem that cropped up today. I am unable to use my number five and six and hash on top buttons of keyboard and my number six on the right hand keypad. Several of my passwords and login info have these numbers so am desperate to get this fixed. Any step by step instructions for a technophobe would be greatly appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/some-of-my-number-keys-not-working-HP-Pavilion-laptop/td-p/5704087
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everyone,

Please help,having problem with the keys on my laptop. ASDFJKL keys are not working suddenly. The keys are not stuck. All other keys are working fine. Im using Lenovo g460 Windows 7. Tried cleaning the keys by removing it but doesn't work. Sometimes i have to press the keys hard and/or pressing many times to work but most of the time it doesn't work either.

Thanks.

A:Home keys (asdfjkl) not working on my laptop

Those keys are on the same line on your keyboard. It sounds like your keyboard is defective. You may have to get it replaced or repaired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/358042-home-keys-asdfjkl-not-working-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have seen this problem before, but I have gone to the expense of a new keyboard and I still have the problem

Some keys respond, some don't and some come up with different characters

I have seen elsewhere about certain key combinations utilizing the Fn key to switch it back, but have tried in vain

Anyone any idea about this particular laptop ??

Thanks

A:Toshiba Laptop L300 Keys not Working (Fn?)

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:?Flush DNS?Report IE Proxy Settings?Reset IE Proxy Settings?Report FF Proxy Settings?Reset FF Proxy Settings?List content of Hosts?List IP configuration?List last 10 Event Viewer log?List Installed ProgramsList devices (Problem only)?List Users, Partitions and Memory size.?List Minidump FilesClick Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Next -You could list the Make and Model of computer and post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -Publish a Snapshot using Speccy <<Follow These DirectionsNext -Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and save it to your Desktop.* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472420/toshiba-laptop-l300-keys-not-working-fn/
Relevancy 75.68%

My boss went to China and returned this week. He took the Compaq Evo N610c laptop with him and while there the Q - A - Z keys (upper and lower case) stopped working. All other keys are working. Any suggestions what I can try to fix this? This laptop is running 2000 OS and has been kept up to date with all upgrades, service packs, etc.

Relevancy 75.68%

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64bit on an ASUS X50IJ laptop.
Some of the function keys for volume and WiFi (F2, F10, F11, F12, etc) don't work at all while screen brightness keys do.

I cannot seem to get them to work no matter what I do, I would appreciate any help, thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396395-volume-function-keys-not-working-laptop.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, I purchased my laptop a couple months ago for a business trip, It got canceled so I haven't used the laptop for more than 10 minutes. When I did use it, it seemed fine. But now I booted it up again and yep, my QWERUIOP Keys aren't working at all, I've restarted multiple times.Anyone have an idea on how to fix? I dont think the keys have dust or dirt inside them as i've only used it once. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-Laptop-QWERUIOP-Keys-Not-Working/td-p/3327978
Relevancy 75.68%

I have seen this problem before, but I have gone to the expense of a new keyboard and I still have the problem

Some keys respond, some don't and some come up with different characters

I have seen elsewhere about certain key combinations utilizing the Fn key to switch it back, but have tried in vain

Anyone any idea about this particular laptop ??

Thanks

A:Toshiba Laptop L300 Keys not Working (Fn?)

Some keys respond, some don't and some come up with different charactersClick to expand...

can you give an example

if its the num lock - see here
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-hidden-numeric-keypad-on-your-laptop.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-l300-keys-not-working-fn.1073277/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,my laptop's  asdfjkl; and enter keys are not working. while other keys are working fine. my Product number is K3D43EA##ABD. how should i fix this problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/The-asdfjkl-and-ENTER-keys-are-not-working-on-my-laptop/td-p/5755138
Relevancy 75.68%

I have had this windows 8 laptop for half a year now. I didn't have any problems with it until AFTER the 30 day warranty expired. My issue is the right parenthesis key, the underscore key, and the question mark key stop working every now and then and it is getting more and more frequent. I haven't done anything to this laptop at all, It hasn't been dropped, hit, spilled upon or anything. Is there any way I can fix this issue without spending a ridiculous sum of money to get it taken apart?

A:Some of the keys on my windows 8 laptop stop working

Any help would be much appreciated. :]

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36792-some-keys-my-windows-8-laptop-stop-working.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I have a HP Laptop it?s but with newish software running vista. Its all been working fine form about a year or so. The other day some of the keys stopped working, I have not dropped it or spilled anything on it. I turned it and when I tried to go back in to it, it came up with the black BIOS screen. However as the keys were not working it would not let me select anything (i.e safe mode) it times down to open in the already highlighted section which was rum window as normal (or something like that) it then gave a blue screen and said it was doing a crash dump. After this it went back to the black BIOS screen and repeated the whole thing. Its stuck in some sort of loop. I don?t have any disks to reinstall what can I do???

A:Laptop keys stopped working and now I can use BIOS

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate hardware forum. Consider the possibility tat the keyboard may be defective and you may have to replace it. That is no problem- I just replaced mine.

Stay subscribed so you'll know when you get reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-now-i-can-use-bios.171636/
Relevancy 75.68%

My sister decided to Windex my mom's HP laptop. Now, many the keys aren't working as well at the mouse pad. For example, when you press the "e" key, it comes up "eeeeee" When you use the mouse pad it randomly clicks and moves, ect. Any suggestions on how to help make the laptop function normally again?

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi We have Windows bit with an Acer older laptop We are not sure what properly keyboard laptop functioning Acer not we did but our keyboard has changed in that we cannot use Ctrl Cto copy or Ctrl V for paste and Acer laptop keyboard not functioning properly other functions Also our mouse pad does not work anymore We are using an external USB keyboard and it works fine with a USD wireless mouse and sometimes a USB wired mouse which work fine My question is what can we do to restore our laptop keyboard We do not have or original Windows CD anymore We have tried to fix the mouse driver but I think I made it worse We have tried to update the HID keyboard device but Windows says it is up-to-date Same with PS keyboard device Same with the mouse- up-to-date Could we hit some key combination that changed the keyboard settings We have looked in the Acer PDF but see not solutions Thanks Chip MX we are living in Mexico

A:Acer laptop keyboard not functioning properly

What`s the problem, exactly ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335519-acer-laptop-keyboard-not-functioning-properly.html
Relevancy 75.68%

using laptop keyborads. can I turn the volume up if so what's the command. another helpful thing would be where can I find a complete list of keyboard commands for my acer. 'm using a window 7 platform.and my machine is over 5 yars old. thank you for your help

A:how do i control the volume on my acer laptop using keyboard

Laptop keyboards vary, so ypu really need to look in the manual. Try the Acer web site. Don't the keys have any markings?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/how-do-i-control-the-volume-on-my-acer-laptop-using-keyboard/19389.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Please can anyone help-my daugter goes back to Uni tomorrow-she was using the laptop-IES woulf not connect-I tried to find out why-started Policy diagnostics service then decided to restart and plugged power supply in. Now will not reboot-lock symbol lit up but will not reboot-trid plugging in External monitor but to no avail.
Seems to be the number lock key-downloaded the manual, so perhaps this is a redherring. Problem is Laptop will not boot the hard disc power light is on but screen stays blank band no sound from the hard disc

A:Acer laptop keyboard lock won't boot

The motherboard is probably bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-keyboard-lock-wont-boot.159996/
Relevancy 75.68%

I haven't really looked at the Laptop to see how to dissassemble it to replace the keyboard (I have a replacement on order). It may not really be much of a problem once I look at it. The Acer users manual doesn't go into any parts replacement (other than adding memory or replacing the hard drive) and their "tech support" is of no help.

If someone has a link to something that would help, I'd appreciate it.

Tnx/Jack

Relevancy 75.68%

so i know this has probably been asked in the past about other laptops etc but my wife is busting my balls about our new laptop lol i managed to somehow drop a jug of water on the floor and the ensuing spray back sprayed the keyboard on the laptop i immediatly ripped out the battery and turned it upside water keyboard laptop 5472 on acer down whilst water on acer 5472 laptop keyboard using a towel to wipe up the excess after an hour or so i gave it minutes with a hair dryer then left it for another hours had a look and as everything looked dry i turned it on everything seemed to be working okay except some of the keys throw out more than one stroke at a time i am unsure as to what it is they type as i cant get passed my passwork screen anyway since then water on acer 5472 laptop keyboard it has been off with battery out i still have had it upside down with a fan on it and a little box between the apex for support is it a gonna or will there be light at the end of the tunnel many thanks in advance nbsp

A:water on acer 5472 laptop keyboard

It might be ok if allowed to dry longer. The keyboard on one of my son's laptops took almost two weeks to dry before it worked right. If all else fails (and the keyboard is the only problem), you can get a replacement for around $30 and they aren't too difficult to install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/water-on-acer-5472-laptop-keyboard.1033501/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everyone - newby here. I have this acer (aspire 5100 series) about 3 yrs old with windows xp. It starts more or less normal but the entire board and mouse are not working. I have tried pressing F2 during start but it will not allow the keyboard to work. I have also tried Fn + F6 and every other key but it simply starts with a browser open and the pointer in the middle of the screen but nothing but the start button works. I have pulled the battery numerous times, it is not fried. I think there is a simple fix to this as I had a guy repair this problem a couple of months ago and he didnt reformat it. I think it may have something to do with a video driver or lack of..Any ideas greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-frozen-502526.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I have an out of warranty HP Envy15 Running Win 8.1 and when I try to use modifier keys eg Windows Key + X, and Windows Key + PrintScreen, nothing happens. I have removed and reinstalled keyboard drivers with no luck.
Any thoughts on what the problem is and how I could fix it? Would like to have full use of these ideally.
Thanbks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/362281-why-arent-my-win8-laptop-modifier-keys-working.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey all i keys aren't Laptop Vaio Function working. got one more problem with my Vaio After i reinstalled Windows XP Pro don t have original sony Vaio Laptop Function keys aren't working. recovery cd the function keys stopped working I mean ones to change brightness of the screen volume switch to external monitor The ones that can be accessed by pressing quot Fn quot key I m not talking about those dedicated keys that aren t on the keyboard I did downloaded ALL drivers that were on sony drivers page but function keys are still inoperable I looked in BIOS and there was option to switch between different modes of Fn It said that if Function keys aren t working i might Vaio Laptop Function keys aren't working. want to switch between those and see whichever will work I tried switching restarted pc every time but Fn keys still aren t working It s Sony Vaio VGN-FS Pentium M Centrino mb ram http esupport sony com perl swu-list pl teType OriginalI quot m thinking about getting Sony Recover CD and reinstalling windows perhaps it has some hidden drivers for quot Fn quot Any other ideas Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Vaio Laptop Function keys aren't working.

Hi,
Go to BIOS and check with factory defaults. and reboot the laptop
then check with the function keys, and check wiht F8 key also, if it works then problem lies with the OS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/31365/vaio-laptop-function-keys-arent-working/
Relevancy 75.25%

HP Envy 15 Laptop - Very frustrating when I start up laptop, the arrow keys in the number key pad do not work, only the numbers, so Page up down also don't work.  How do I swap from the numbers working to the arrows/page up and page down. I had thought I'd found the solution, being Control F2, however this now doesn't work. Appreciate any advice. Many thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-15-Laptop-Arrow-Keys-Page-Up-down-not-working-only/td-p/5835187