Windows Support Forum

Files on burned CD/DVDs not showing

Q: Files on burned CD/DVDs not showing

I am looking through old CD's/DVD's to see what is on them and when I pop them in all I see is this: DESKTOP.INI

but as you can see here there is files on the disc:

When I pop the CD's into my laptop they show up. What is going on here? It is doing it on certain DVD's so far it seems to be doing it on Memorex DVD+R discs.

I am just guessing because it was only 3-5 discs that have done this so far. Is there a setting or something I am missing?

I just put a CD-R in and it also refuses to show the files. My friend told me it's because my Drive is -R and the disc is +R. However the CD-R not showing up kind of shoots that theory.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Files on burned CD/DVDs not showing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Files on burned CD/DVDs not showing

Did you finalise the DVDs when you burned them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307537-files-burned-cd-dvds-not-showing.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have set up a video and a dvd recorder to transfer videos to dvd they copy fine and can play them back in any dvd play or xp machine but when i put the burned dvd in my vista laptop it just recognises it as a blank dvd even though its not , can anyone help with ideas , cheers

A:Burned DVDs

Hi telscosasie,
Welcome to the forum.
Go to device manager & check the drivers, make sure they are up to date.
You might also like to try & re-boot:-

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Please let us know how this goes.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288328-burned-dvds.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey good people I will so appreciate any help with my problem s The problem No Burned on DVDs Sound is basic regarding what s NOT happening NO AUDIO AT ALL ON BURNED DVDS WHEN PLAYED THROUGH MY ACER LAPTOP -ALL PLAYERS BACKGROUND I ve been burning dvds for quite awhile with the same computer my HP desktop and then play them using my laptop and an HMDI cable No Sound on Burned DVDs connected to my television There has never been any issue that I No Sound on Burned DVDs haven t been able to solve But recently the files I burn to DVD have no sound when I play them in my laptop I have checked the audio cable connection and that s not it The DVD works perfectly fine on my desktop -sound and all I do not use my DVD player to play burned DVDs because they either do not work or work well for most of the movie then become pixelated and freeze etc BUT to try and eliminate possibilities I have been testing them on my DVD player recently and the DVDs quot work quot in the manner just described -sound and all I have tried slowing down burn speed to slowest rate I have used various burning programs including Nero Burning ROM SoThinkMedia DVD Maker ConvertXtoDVD most commonly and has always worked best and some others Nothing is currently working I have not nor has anyone else changed any of the audio settings on my laptop at least I don t think so Thank you all in advance for your thoughtful help Looking forward to a solution Another issue My Windows Media Player on my laptop will not play the burned DVDs at all -goes into a silly loop thing right from the beginning Does play video in other players I use including Showtime VLC and about others nbsp

A:No Sound on Burned DVDs

I've seen a lot of views but no help. Here's to hoping...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-on-burned-dvds.951980/
Relevancy 65.79%

I DVDs Skip Burned have recently bought a new dvd burner and am having couple of problems with it st The first DVD I burned played fine but now the second DVD skips in the later parts of the movie Both of the movies were in avi format and Nero Vision Express Burned DVDs Skip software provided with the burner Burned DVDs Skip automatically converted them to DVD format to be burned I left the computer idle so extra resources won t occupied and the process would go smoothly However when I tried to play the movie it started skipping near the last quarter I thought it might be the dvd player since it was running for a while about two hours before I popped in the burned DVD so I let it cool down but that did not affect the outcome as it kept skipping at almost the same points There were no scratches on the DVD so that could not be the problem The one thing that might have caused it to skip is that I edited out the credits and the beginning producer and distributor logos to fit it into the dvd It was about megs less than the normal dvd size with a track included at the beginning as background music for the Title Menu nd I cannot seem to burn a data DVD using Nero I was trying to burn a huge collection of music and other data documents short clips diffferent kinds of files I tried it three times The first time I tried burning everything and it failed at around Burn Process Completed The second time I excluded some files I thought may cause the error but it failed again at around Then the last time I tried burning only the mp s as an mp disc but it failed again The type of disc I used for all three processes was a DVD R DVD plus R which is writeable only once and cannot be written to again And I got the same error each of the three times I tried Error reading data AM Text File DVDPlusRW cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes AM TRANSFER - File Reader cpp Line Error reading data Any help or useful references would be highly appreciated I am completely new to dvd burning I have had problems before burning CD-R RWs but that was only a couple of times about a year ago This is a different drive and a different burner nbsp

A:Burned DVDs Skip

for the first one, what kind of file / movie is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-dvds-skip.361440/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, My os is wxp sp3 and I am using infrarecorder to burn dvds from videos I downloaded using youtube downloader, but when I burn them to cd they will play on my computer but not on another dvd player like my norcent. Can anyone Help?

A:Burned DVDs won't play

Try burning the DVD's in an .iso format. You have probably selected the wrong format in InfraRecorder . Go over the options carefully. I burn all my DVD's in the .iso format. They play fine on all my DVD players and my computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-wont-play.165413/
Relevancy 65.79%

I don t know if this is the right forum or not but here goes I m on Need DVDs burned advice having trouble with my wedding DVDs The guy who filmed my wedding and reception did all of the editing on his Mac computer Then he burned one DVD for the wedding and another for the reception both on his mac and sent them to me The first time he mailed the DVDs to me they were on the DVD-R discs They wouldn t work on my -year-old Philips DVD player and they wouldn t work on my parents brand new Pioneer DVD player that they got for Christmas They d start to play fine then they d start pixellating and finally they d freeze So the guy burned the DVDs again this time using DVD R discs because the box that my parents player came in said that it could read DVD R We thought that might have been the problem However we tried the new DVD R discs over the weekend on both DVD players and again they don t work Same exact problem as before -- at first they work fine then they start pixellating and finally they freeze up entirely The guy says that he doesn t know what s causing the problem because the DVDs work fine on his DVD player He also tried it on a couple of other players and the DVDs were fine there too He doesn t know what else to do at this point and he s suggested that we purchase different DVD players He sent me a list of players that are Need advice on burned DVDs supposedly compatible with DVD-R discs However I really don t want to buy new players when I and my parents both have DVD players that play all other DVDs with no problems Anyone have any idea what s Need advice on burned DVDs going on I m open to any ideas At this point he s offering VHS tapes but I really want DVDs because the quality is better and they last longer Any advice is much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Need advice on burned DVDs

bump! Please help if you can. I'm not technologically-savvy, so I have no idea how to fix this DVD problem.

Thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advice-on-burned-dvds.198181/
Relevancy 65.79%

Please help! I am trying to rip some burned dvds onto my computer (a MAC) to put on my Ipod...I have been using handbrake to rip ordinary dvds, but when I try to rip ones that I have burned it says that there is not a valid source. Any ideas?

A:Ripping Burned DVDs

You could give WinX Free DVD Ripper a try.It supports all types of DVDs ........ rip all types of DVDs into AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MPEG1/2, MP4, etc. video formats.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267780/ripping-burned-dvds/
Relevancy 65.79%

For the last few days every time I try to burn a dvd the writing software is going through the entire burn process and telling me it has succeeded and yet at the end the disk is still completely blank. It does not matter what I am burning or what i am burning it with I always get the same result. Nero, Windows Vista itself and Convert X To dvd are all doing it. I seem to be able to burn cds still, but dvd burning has stopped. The drive will still read disks that i burned previously. I did hear that other programs can interfere with these things but no information on which ones.

Relevancy 65.79%

I downloaded &burned 2 movies on my PC.
They are: Things To Come from http://www.archive.org/details/movies it is MPEG2
and The Giant Gila Monster from http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/index.html it is .avi
The dvds play fine on my PC but I'd like to be able to play them on any dvd player is this possible?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all Ok I m trying to burn video files that I captured with my tv tuner to a dvd movie but can t get it to work I m getting my signal over the air antenna and it s in atsc format digital broadcast My problem is that my dvds never have sound once burned I ve tried it on two different computers as well The video files I m burning are captured in mpg format and playback fine in windows media player but play without audio in nero showtime I ve tried burning with nero burning rom in win xp came with dvd burner my preferred program and also with Audio. Have No Burned DVDs windows vista s quot dvd maker quot program in windows vista Both produce discs with no audio If I quot explore quot the disc in my computer it has only VIDEO Burned DVDs Have No Audio. TS files and no AUDIO TS Is there any other program I can Burned DVDs Have No Audio. try free to do what I want If not any good program that will work I ve looked at nero cyberlink and roxio as possible paid solutions but I d prefer not to have another nero product Obviously I d prefer to not have to buy a program but if I have to I will Any help would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Burned DVDs Have No Audio.

Does anyone have any input? I really want to be able to burn the files to dvd...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-have-no-audio.61827/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been copying my home-burned DVDs as a test of their readability and I have discovered that factory DVDs are read at four- to ten times the speed of home-burned.

Example: I did a direct diskcopy of the Sony software DVD that came with my burner. I then copied that disk to my hard disk to test its readability and it took easily over 30 minutes.

I then copied the original factory DVD (containing exact duplicate data) and the same process took about 8 minutes.

This copy process varies from disk to disk; but, the time comparisons are always exceedingly in favor of the factory DVD by a factor of four or more.

Is this normal?

Where can I find more data on this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/readability-of-home-burned-dvds.207618/
Relevancy 64.93%

I just got a new Gateway laptop. I have DVDshrink & CopyDVD. Anytime I insert a pre-record DVD it plays just fine. Anytime I insert a DVD I burned on the laptop it constantly restarts until I take out the disc. The discs I burn play in my home DVD player with no problem. What might be the issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-restart-my-stystem.58338/
Relevancy 64.93%

Gwarsh Hope this isn't too long to be boring Yes what a has burned won't DVDs drive DVD it read NEW weird problem it is the dvd drive reads all the previous DVDs it has burned but not the new ones I tested the new DVDs on my other laptop eMachines Windows Pro which reads them perfectly The problematic DVD DVD drive won't read NEW DVDs it has burned drive also reads the new and old discs burned by that other laptop I use Windows s own burner app I've tested also CDburnerXP which gave the same results This could be a problem caused by burning data from an external drive I do this sometimes usually by accident And this is because Windows always copies the external data to a temporary burn folder on C-drive and I tend to take time designing the temporary to-be-burned data with the wizard making new folders deleting files inserting new files quot resinserting quot deleted files completely deleting files and yet starting over with same files I've checked and the temporary burn folders are empty I have three drives C D and E Is it weird that I have three temporary burn folders when there's only drive E that uses the burner There's one folder with today's date and the other are - years older Should I delete the older ones I remember I've had this problem once before a year or two back I think but I remember even then the thing got fixed accidentally meaning something that didn't make sense to me at the time

A:DVD drive won't read NEW DVDs it has burned

Hi there

DVD's should be FINALIZED before they will read in different DVD drives / standard DVD players etc. You might still have a session open on Multi-session.

Check also HOW you are burning DVD's - there's quite a few different things -- for example data (as a DVD-ROM), as an .ISO as a VIDEO DVD as a DVD rip etc etc. DVD authoring also requires a different setup such as "cloning" or copying DVD's. Also are the DVD's Double layer or what. All sorts of possible things here.

Subject is a bit too complex without more info.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359166-dvd-drive-wont-read-new-dvds-has-burned.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Used Nero and new DVD-RW drive to burn lots of data to DVD-RW discs as data discs. New DVDs will read perfectly in other PC. My PC will not recognise / read them. Explorer simply sees no files.
I'm using Windows XP on PC, and all my updates are installed, so far as I can tell. Other DVDs will read perfectly in this drive.

Any ideas? It's really irritating to know that the data is on there but not be able to access it!

Thanks for any ideas!

Relevancy 64.93%

I have made about 5 DVDs (all of them NTSC format) and they all seem to freeze, usually about 5 minutes in, when I try to watch them.

I burned the NTSC .iso files using a PAL DVD-RW Drive. Could that be the problem?

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I have been trying to solve this problem over a month. I've been copying over 5 years without problem but now I am having this problem, that dvds are showing pixels on my standalone dvd player. To make sure that the standalone works fine, I tried copies with another computer and they play fine on it.

I always used Maxell media without problem. Now I tried Verbatim and TDK media to make sure if the media is not the problem and they showed pixels as well.

After deleting unwanted and old software from the computer I scanned computer for viruses, I replaced the dvd burner with a new one, I replaced the memory with a new one of 1gB, I replaced the SATA cable and the cable that is connected with the burner and the mother board as well. But I still have the problem!

Any help or idea what can be the problem?

Here is my system information:

A:Burned DVDs Show Pixels

Pixellation usually occurs when the quality setting is too low in your dvd creation software.
Choosing a lower quality increases the amount of compression and this in turn means more detail and sharpness is lost. The resulting video can then appear pixellated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burned-dvds-show-pixels-599059.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I regularly record TV programmes and then save them on to blank disks via my DVD recorder, to play on my PC. Recently when I have tried to play them back, they are not recognized and so will not play. To my knowledge I have not made any relevant alterations to my system, so am at a loss as to why I cannot play them. I always make sure they are finalized, so ithat is not the problem. I have also tried to play DVDs that I have owned for some time which up to now have always played perfectly on my PC but now do not. Has anyone any thoughts as to how I can deal with this, please?

A:Solved: Burned DVDs do not play on PV

Re my earlier post, I should add that bought pre-recorded DVDs (movies, etc) play perfectly via my PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burned-dvds-do-not-play-on-pv.1153157/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have recorded tv shows using media center and a usb tv tuner from Pinnacle. I use DVD maker to burn it on a DVD to watch on my DVD player attached to my TV. Only the first 20 minutes of the recording on the DVD has any sound! This has been true for several different shows. The sound is ok when I play the recorded show on my computor using Media Center.

I am using a Lenovo T61 laptop, Vista Home Premium with SP1 installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-missing-on-burned-dvds-277302.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I use Acronis True Image 11 for backing up, all from the bootable CD, I don't have Acronis installed. After creating an image I verify it with Acronis. I also like to burn the image to DVDs and verify them on DVD also. When I burn them to DVDs with Vista, Acronis wont recognize them to verify or restore. If I burn them with Nero Acronis will verify them and can restore them.

Any images burned to DVDs would already have been verified while on the HD before burning to DVDs.

Any body know what the difference is between burning them with Nero verses Vista in relation to Acronis not recognizing the images burned to DVDs by Vista?

A:Acronis backups burned to DVDs

Originally Posted by glatzfront

I use Acronis True Image 11 for backing up, all from the bootable CD, I don't have Acronis installed. After creating an image I verify it with Acronis. I also like to burn the image to DVDs and verify them on DVD also. When I burn them to DVDs with Vista, Acronis wont recognize them to verify or restore. If I burn them with Nero Acronis will verify them and can restore them.

Any images burned to DVDs would already have been verified while on the HD before burning to DVDs.

Any body know what the difference is between burning them with Nero verses Vista in relation to Acronis not recognizing the images burned to DVDs by Vista?

Since I've never used the built-in disk burning capabilities of either XP or Vista, I cannot be sure, but it would seem though that the disk being burned with Vista is not following standard protocols, which is why Acronis is having a hard time reading those disks.

If you really must use Vista to burn the disks, then do slowly, and mark the options to ensure compatibility across a wide range of platforms. Or, just continue using Nero to burm the CDs.

One question though - When creating backups, doesn't Acronis have an option to burn directly to DVD?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/188225-acronis-backups-burned-dvds.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been having trouble burning DVDs that will play on a regular DVD player. They play perfectly for about 15 minutes then start skipping and freezing and finally stop completely. These same DVDs will play perfectly the whole way through on a computer or XBox 360. I have used numerous software programs and 2 different DVD burners because I thought something was wrong with my hardware. Now I don't think the problem ever was the hardware because I replaced my drive with a Sony Optiarc and then bought another Sony Optiarc just in case I had a bad one. I am out of ideas so any help would be appreciated.

A:trouble with burned DVDs on dvd players

Try burning at a slower rate,,,,,,,what burning software do you use....I use Convert X 3 and have no problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-burned-dvds-on-dvd-players.1017989/
Relevancy 64.93%

DVDs I burned on my old computer played fine but now when I try to play them on a computer I got in 2011 there is picture but no sound. They work OK with picture and sound in my DVD player attached to my TV.

I have Windows 7. Is there some codec or filter I need to install?

I'm not very technically savvy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-on-dvds-i-burned-in-2007.1154825/
Relevancy 64.93%

Last year after one of my external hard drives failed I spent a good week backing up everything on my two computers to DVD files ranging from Word Documents to video files I tested each one after it was finished and they all worked fine Recently I ve needed some of those backed corrupt? Burned DVDs... data up files and videos so I ve put the DVDs in my computer and tried to drag files off However Windows often interrupts me and says that the file is Burned data DVDs... corrupt? corrupt or it won t copy or quot cyclic redundancy check quot When I try to drag it to my new external hard drive it tells me that quot COM surrogate stopped working quot I ve tried at least different DVDs on a number of computers including a mac and nothing helps I ve tried DVDs that I burned a few years back and they too have issues now It s the same problem on both computers They will play open files straight from the DVD without problems but it s the dragging off they don t like Computer Desktop Cicero years old Windows XP Burner player Burned data DVDs... corrupt? is a bit on the fritz in that sometimes it won t physically open Computer Laptop Toshiba years old Vista I used both computers for burning with different software The DVDs themselves almost entirely Memorex DVD-R Any advice on how to fix this would be super appreciated or even an explanation that way I can know what to do in the future Thanks nbsp

A:Burned data DVDs... corrupt?

What happens if you simply copy and paste them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-data-dvds-corrupt.816157/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, My os is wxp sp3 and I am using infrarecorder to burn dvds from videos I downloaded using youtube downloader, but when I burn them to cd they will play on my computer but not on another dvd player like my norcent. Can anyone Help?

A:burned dvds wont play

Are you converting them to DVD video format (MPEG2) or just burning them as data in their native format (WMV, AVI, etc)?

Does your DVD player support formats other than MPEG2?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burned-dvds-wont-play-575484.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Have attempted several times to burn cd or dvd on HP ENVY laptop to find the tv dvr says it is unreadable or unplayable.  Have tried several brand dvds.  He HP laptop reads the burned disc.  Why can it not be played or is unreadable by other player? I also tried to burn music and it too would not play on other device. Thanks for any help.

A:cds or dvds burned on HP Laptop in Windows 10 are not readab...

Hi I believe it would be a format / codec issue. You would need to read the types of disc the TVR can play and then create a disk to match.  This may involve downloading additional software etc. So if you could give some more details then perhaps someone here could offer more help.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cds-or-dvds-burned-on-HP-Laptop-in-Windows-10-are-not/td-p/5595573
Relevancy 64.5%

hi i am having a problem with the dvds that i burned they all have delayed audio is it software broblem or is my pc infected again please help this is my latest hjt log and i use nero to burn the dvds Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe D Program with 7 nero audio burned delayed dvds on Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe D PROGRA Grisoft delayed audio on dvds burned with nero 7 AVG avgamsvr exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe D WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exe D WINDOWS system cisvc exe D Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS system VTTimer exe D WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe D Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe D WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE D Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe D Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe D PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe D Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe D Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe D Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe D Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe D Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe D WINDOWS system cidaemon exe D Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www torrentz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - D PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - D Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - D Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - d program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run VTTrayp VTtrayp exe O - HKLM Run RaidTool D Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE D Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run RegistryMechanic D Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe S O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot D Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delayed-audio-on-dvds-burned-with-nero-7.645212/
Relevancy 64.5%

my cd drive is a cd dvd drive and it will not read burned cds whenever i put any burned cd in there whether it has music or just data on it it doesn t autorun so i go to my can't dvds, cds or burned cds... or Cd Drive read older computer and try to open it there but it tells me to Cd Drive can't read burned cds or dvds, or older cds... quot please insert a disk into the drive quot so it doesn t see it at all i can t open them through other programs like windows media either The drive also won t read commercial cds that are older than XP games like Deus Ex can t install because of one error or another but games that came out after XP work fine I ve posted this question on other forums and been told to maybe update my drivers but that doesn t work because i have the latest drivers Also someone said that they accidentally deleted a file once when they had this problem and they got that file again and it worked fine i just don t get this though it used to work fine before we had to reformat now it just doesn t So does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is and how i can fix it thanks nbsp

A:Cd Drive can't read burned cds or dvds, or older cds...

Maybe this will be of some help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321641

Of course you've checked and re-seated all cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-cant-read-burned-cds-or-dvds-or-older-cds.125627/
Relevancy 63.64%

Any way to fix the coding on it or something? When i want to burn a dvd it brings me to use the nero vision 4 program, it works on certain dvd players but not all, is there any way of fixing this?

A:Burned dvds using nero wont work on certain dvd players

Make sure you are not creating a multi-session disk and ensure that you finalize the disc. Also dvd players have an easier time reading DVD+R than DVD-R.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-using-nero-wont-work-on-certain-dvd-players.93194/
Relevancy 63.64%

Minor issue here. I have a lite on dvd recorder that came with a nero 6. Recently I upgraded to nero 7 ultra and now I notice that when I playback a burned dvd in my dvd player that it cannot fast forward over 2x the speed. It simply freezes up then return to the original menu. Before I could fast forward a scene up to 8x the speed(the maximum of my dvd player).
I tried changing the settings just before I burn my dvd. First making sure that it was a the maximum setting. Then i tried to change the write speed setting to 8x. No change. Like I said this is minor but I was wondering if this is a glitch with nero 7 ultra or did upgrading somehow change a setting or what? Thnks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-fast-forwarding-burned-nero-7-dvds.620121/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a video clip that I burned on my laptop and which I wanted to watch on my home DVD player that's hooked to my TV. But the player says it can't be played or something. Do I need to make sure it's in a specific format to be played in my DVD player? It's currently a .WMV file. My DVD player isn't all that new - perhaps four years old.

A:Computer-burned DVDs won't play on home DVD player

DVD Players require a DVD format.
Try using DVD Flick.

http://www.dvdflick.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-burned-dvds-wont-play-on-home-dvd-player.1017882/
Relevancy 63.64%

hey this is a realy weird problum the dvds i burn on my comp worked just fine and i stored them the way i stored all my cds back in the day b burned dvds burnside to burnside so they dont scratch so their not damaged dont in burned dvds vista back up load now they dont load anymore they just show how burned dvds in vista dont load back up much space is used and no files or title on disk I used some new format that is on vista it said it allowed me to add files to the disk anytime and delet them latter too even on plan dvd -R media and they did just that but now all but one of the disks dont load and i cant figure out why outher then this new format having some kind of issue to it I cant even find were it gave me the option on the first disk i encerted to pick the format and i would like to change the format to the older one burn only format and to recover the data from the disks i have that still have data on them but i cant accses please help me figure this out i have found lots of people online having this same problum and no fix yet much aprication for your help and effort

A:burned dvds in vista dont load back up

Hi and welcome to TSF try cleaning the discs,the laser,try another drive, have a look here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...rn-a-CD-or-DVD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burned-dvds-in-vista-dont-load-back-up-426935.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay I just purchased a Pioneer DVR- D burner for my computer I m trying to reauthor a DVD that has a series of videos on it not commerical home movies I m using Nero and DVDShrink to author The DVD s burn fine Solved: Problem burned player playing DVDs standalone on but will not play in my standalone player CyberHome DVD- The reason I got that player is that it is cheap and Solved: Problem playing burned DVDs on standalone player I ve read that it will play most types of burned media However when I go to play it the files are backwards The first thing that plays is the last section that I want on there it doesn t play in Solved: Problem playing burned DVDs on standalone player reverse it just plays the last few minutes and then jumps farther back and plays forward again Any idea of what s causing this The original burned DVD plays fine in my player Is it Solved: Problem playing burned DVDs on standalone player possibly the media I m using Memorex x DVD-R Additionally I burned it at x so I doubt that I m burning it too fast Any ideas Also forgot to mention that my PS won t read it either nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

This is a minor issue but I have a external lite on that came with a nero 6. Recently I upgraded to nero 7 ultra. Now when I playback my burned dvd to my dvd player I notice that when I fast forward at anything more 2x the speed the dvd freezes then returns to the original menu. I never had this issue when I used my nero 6. I use to be able to fast forwarda burned dvd at 8x the speed, the maximum of my dvd player.
Except for this everything else seems to work fine. I tried changing the speed in the nero vision 4 just before burning. First I made sure that the write settings were on max. When that didn't work I tried setting the write speed to 8x. Still no change. Is this some glitch with nero 7 ultra or has my setting been some how changed when I upgraded?

A:Problems fast forwarding burned nero 7 ulta dvds

Are you still using the same media? Try changing to a different make of blank media and don't always assume that setting the write speed to max is a good idea!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-fast-forwarding-burned-nero-7-ulta-dvds.86215/
Relevancy 61.06%

I do not make prints, I like to show my photos on the TV. My Sony DVD player does not read burned DVDs, it does play CD-Rs/RWs, MP3, WAV. The newer DVD players do play burned DVDs, but the read time of all files is really slow.
As I'd like to move to Blu-ray players and burners, I want to know if all BD players play burned
BD, DVD, CD-R discs. Or, should I show photos on CD-Rs?

A:showing burned BDs on TV

i would look at the specification and make sure it will read DVD-R / DVD+R /DVD-RW / DVD+RW before buying
and not assume ALL will play

whats the make and model of the Sony - does it say in the user manual it will not play burned DVDs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/showing-burned-bds-on-tv.1082334/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone,
I have a problem.
2 years ago, I burned 2 CD's.
Today I put them in my laptops' DVD drive.
When I opend the disks, an empty window opened, showing no data whatsoever.
I know the CD's are still good, and I know my DVD drive is good.
Any idea on what is happening?
The CD's were burned on a MAC. I have opened these CD's on other Wintel machines before.
I am currently using an inspiron 9100 laptiom, with a DVD+ drive.
Thanks for all your help,
Prana

A:Burned CD's not showing data in DVD drive

If your other computer is not a Mac you m ay not be able to view them. Still- did you format them before you burnt them? If you dont format them they wont work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-cds-not-showing-data-in-dvd-drive.393695/
Relevancy 58.91%

All of a sudden, when I burn cd's on Nero (OEM version) The song titles not showing up. All I get are "track 1, track 2," etc. I have no idea what is happending. I have tried it on a couple of cd's and it keeps doing this. when I "add" tunes, the titles are there; they are definitely THERE.

any ideas? all I get are cd's with 15 tracks labeled by number...!

A:Why are song titles not showing up on cd's burned on Nero?

From what you have wrote, an Audio CD will show as Track 01, 02 etc because when the player is check the CCDB for the information, it will not get it because it's a burned disc and not an original. Now if it was a DATA CD then that's different.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-are-song-titles-not-showing-up-on-cds-burned-on-nero.466136/
Relevancy 54.61%

CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 x2
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9500gt
HDD: Seagate 1TB

Hi guys. I am not sure if the problem with my DVD burner is a software related one or a hardware related one. I am using HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70 SCSI CdROM device. Of late, most of the times when I am trying to burn a disc, it shows Program Memory Area Update Failure. The errors are random. At times I can burn 2-3 discs before the error pops up. At times it happens during burning the first disc. The type of files I am burning also has no effect as the error occurred as I attempted to write various types of disc. I sed ImgBurn and Nero but the problem persisted. What is the problem and what do I need to do to solve this?
Thanks in advance.

A:DVD Burner showing error when burning dvds

I am just curious to know what brand media you are using.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264359-dvd-burner-showing-error-when-burning-dvds.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

This is my 1st post here so i'm hoping its in the right place.

I'm burning some shows I downloaded, .avi files and using the drag and drop method. The files are all numbered 1-30 lets say so they are in order but when they are burned and i'm viewing them on my dvd player they are all out of order.

There doesnt seem to be any type of pattern to the #s the way they are burned and i've tried a few different settings like sorting by name, seeing if the file sizes could have made it that way but doesnt seem to be that.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

The files are divx and I only have 1 divx dvd player so I cant really check another dvd player to see if its the player so right now i'm guessing its the burn process.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

A:Files burned out of order

Hi Debbie and welcome to Vista Forums

Try prefixing the filenames by the relevant file number. For example, if the 15th file is Test it would become 15Test. For files numbered 1-9, add a leading zero so that file 5 becomes 05Name, etc. You might also need to refer to this Tutorial: Sort Order - Numbers in File and Folder Names to ensure that the files are sorted in the desired order.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284514-files-burned-out-order.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I burned files to a blank CD, when I put the CD back in, it shows it's full but I can't see any content. Please help me recover my files?

A:Can't Find Files That I Burned On To CD

what type file ,what program did you use to copy them to disk ,did you finalize the disk .
you could try isobuster software to recover the file maybe ,read about it here ,i use it to view iso files but not to recover files from disk but it claims it might be able to do so '
http://www.isobuster.com/cd-recovery-recover-cd-data.php

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407165/cant-find-files-that-i-burned-on-to-cd/
Relevancy 52.03%

i need to burn an .iso file but i have run out of cd's, is it possible to burn the .iso file to a dvd disc.

EDIT:
sorry i meant can .iso files be burnt to a dvd disc?

A:can .ido files be burned to dvd discs?

Yes you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-ido-files-be-burned-to-dvd-discs.790610/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a problem which I fear may be unsolvable I ll now attempt to explain what it is -- mp3 files now burned unreadable and hope I have all my facts straight A long long time ago using Napster I downloaded many many mp files and burned them onto Verbatim DataLifePlus CD-R s using Adaptec packet writing InCD I believe it was called Anyhow I no longer have any Adaptec Roxio products burned mp3 files now unreadable installed on my PC Instead I now use Nero and Feurio And I don t have any packet writing program installed burned mp3 files now unreadable either My problem is that these Verbatim mp CD-R s are no longer readable In fact whenever I insert one of these disks nothing at all happens I would like to know what I must do in order to make them readable playable again Also I have a number of mp s burned onto CD-RW s and these are readable My problem is with the CD-R s only As mentioned above I no longer have Adaptec products on my PC but I did recently install the Adaptec UDF reader which allows me to read certain CD s but not the Verbatims I ve thought of re-installing Adaptec to see if that would make a difference I guess if I tried that I would also need to download updates drivers for that program And how about reinstalling Adaptec InCD packet writing Friends have told me to stay from packet writing altogether Besides if I were to reinstall it wouldn t it automatically take over any inserted CD This whole thing of burning CD s is very confusing to me Certain types brands of discs will work play in some burners CD players DVD players but not in others But at this point all I want to be able to do is whatever it takes to have these Verbatim-burned mp s recognized upon insertion Any offers of help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Bill nbsp

A:burned mp3 files now unreadable

greene, look no further, but i think ive found ur problem, altho at teh same time i think that data might be lost forever =/, altho i think i may have heard of programs that restore possibly incorrect and messed up data. funny that u talk about those verbatim cd's, which is the point of my reply here-awhile ago i burned an entire movie on a cd, watched it once, and havent looked at it since-this was maybe late 2001 sometime. tehn the other day i tried to play it, and even tho it said 691 mb where used up on the cd-r disc, in other words, the whole movie was on that cd, when i played it it only did the first 7 mins and then just stopped. i believe u have been the victim, like me, of verbatim brand cd-rs, which seem to be a whole load of crap so i guess this is a warning to others too: NEVER BUY ANY VERBATIM BRAND CD-R'S, OR ELSE U'LL BECOME VICTIMS LIKE WGREENE AND I HERE well hope this helps........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-mp3-files-now-unreadable.86054/
Relevancy 52.03%

My dad burned a CD-R with picture files on them. He used Nero, and it burned and verified the files fine. When he put the CD back into his computer, there are no files to be seen. When I put the CD in my computer, I see all of the JPEG pictures just like I should.

Both computers are windows 7 Professional his is 64bit, mine is 32 bit.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

I burned 6 movie-length avi files onto a dvd-r disc, and only the first file plays in my dvd player, even though the dvd player has read the disc correctly, as it displays the 6 titles correctly on the menu page. I burned many shorter avi files and another movie length avi file onto another disc and the same dvd player plays all the files with no problems. I used Nero both times, and the same type of discs, in fact all the variables are the same as far as I can see. I tried burning just one of the movie length avi files onto a disc, and varying the burn speed, but nothing worked. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

A:DVD player only playing some of my burned avi files - please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-player-only-playing-some-of-my-burned-avi-files-please-help.735566/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm having a lot of trouble burning with Nero-I have a TDK veloCD burner.

When I burn data to a CDRW (such as a word document or a power point presentation), it's burned as a "READ-ONLY" file. I have made sure that the it's the "finalized " version, but I'm unable to go back and change the data without having to save it again to my C drive.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

A:Nero read only burned files

You arenít doing anything wrong. Mastering software will always make files read only. Most people use it for backup and donít keep working files on CD. So it isnít usually a problem.

There are several ways to get around it.

You can compile everything you are going to burn in a folder and zip the folder. When you unzip the folder back on your computer the files will not be read only.

You can use a freeware utility to batch convert an entire folder back to archive on your HD. ReadOnly: http://www.freewarepub.net/File_Utilities.htm

If you only grab an occasional file that you want to modify just right click the file, chose Properties and change the attribute to Archive.

If you are constantly working with files on the CD you could format the RW for packet writing where you use the burner as another drive in Windows Explorer. Packet writing does not change the file attribute to read only. Plan on eventually coming back to the board to ask how to recover the data you lost if you consistently use packet writing to RW.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-read-only-burned-files.65917/
Relevancy 51.6%

whenever I boot up system I get a message "files waiting to be burned" click this balloon. When I do this a blank window opens up with no files and indicating drive "F"... My main drive is drive is C and my DVD drive is "E".

How do I get rid of this message....There are no files that are appearing and I don't even know how to access drive "F"

thank you

A:Files waiting to be burned balloon

Hello Kenshireen,

This may be able to help you fix this.

You have files waiting to be burned to disc - Stop Message

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285194-files-waiting-burned-balloon.html
Relevancy 51.6%

burned additional data files on to a cd a additional on to burned files cd already that Solved: that already had data files on it Solved: burned additional files on to a cd that already using Nero and now I can t access the original files When I explore the CD all I see are the files from the second burn just to make it a little clearer I will explain what I did I had Solved: burned additional files on to a cd that already a CD which had a number of applications on it then I use fairly regularly and I also had some files on my desktop that I use regularly I decided to make a new CD with a combination of those two different file assortments I assumed that when I told it to begin the copy process that it would copy to a temp file and then it would prompt me later to put in a blank CD It never did ask for a new CD but instead burned all the requested files on the original CD Now I can t see any of the files that were on that CD prior to this burn and there were lots of them that I really hate to lose Is there a solution anyone can recommend or a program I can purchase Any help that you may offer would be greatly appreciated John nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I burned 6 movie-length avi files onto a dvd-r disc, and only the first file plays in my dvd player, even though the dvd player has read the disc correctly, as it displays the 6 titles correctly on the menu page. I burned many shorter avi files and another movie length avi file onto another disc and the same dvd player plays all the files with no problems. I used Nero both times, and the same type of discs, in fact all the variables are the same as far as I can see. I tried burning just one of the movie length avi files onto a disc, and varying the burn speed, but nothing worked. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160673/dvd-player-only-playing-some-of-my-burned-avi-files-please-help/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok. So I backed up about 2 gigs of files onto a DVD RW and burned it. Now The disc shows that it has the 2 gigs of data when i pop it in, in properties, but it shows only 1 file of the many files that I backed up. How can I uncover the files that are on the disc? The files just dissapeared with the data still there..

A:Burned a disc now the files are hidden

Hi,

Welcome To TSF.

It could be that the files were no correctly copyed to the disk, It could be a problems with the Disk or the Program that you used, e.g. Nero, Roxio.

Can you please tell us what program you used to make the Data Disk?

Also, Can you see system and hidden files on your computer?

Have A Nice Day.

Jay.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burned-a-disc-now-the-files-are-hidden-159772.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I hope this will fit into the troubleshooting section of the Forum I'm writing a long text and keeping it divided in chapters i e I have created a different Word file for each chapter I keep a copy of the whole folder on my laptop files Previous DVD-R on burned of versions and back it up on a Kingston memory stick and on a DVD-R I had a shock yesterday when I found out that one of my chapters was a kb file and it was in fact a blank Word page I have no idea how this happened I went to check my back-ups and both the Kingston memory stick and the DVD-R show the same kb version of the file I've recently changed laptop and the files I have on it were copied from the memory stick so I think there is no point in trying to find an older version of the 'empty file' on the laptop's hard drive I think my only hope might be the DVD-R And this is when you will see that unfortunately I am not at all an expert so I can only describe what I was doing To put my files on the DVD-R I was simply dragging and dropping them in Windows and then use the basic command 'Burn to disc' I don't think I ever closed or finalised the disc as I was able to keep writing and copying files on it The software would ask me if I wanted to replace files with the same name and I would say yes So now I have a DVD-R Previous versions of files burned on DVD-R that has the latest version of my folder with the kb file However whilst the folder on my laptop is Mb in size the DVD-R that allegedly contains the same folder says I have used Mb of it The DVD is a DVD-R not DVD-RW Does this mean that the previous versions of my 'empty file' are still there in the layers of the DVD-R somewhere If so how do I retrieve them Or can you actually erase a file from a DVD-R by copying one with the same name on it If so what are the Mb burned on my disc I'd be extremely grateful for any help advice and explanation I am slightly desperate to retrieve my file if there is any chance I am now using Windows btw and I have tried the most basic things like looking for previous versions of files etc but I don't get any joy My only hope lies in those MB Thank you very much for reading

A:Previous versions of files burned on DVD-R

DVD-R can only be written to "once" so after you burned it, it cannot be overwritten, you can only rewrite data on the DVD-RW..

I would try "recuva" software on the DVD/ USB, if you haven't written much to the USB since the 0kb file you noticed it may be able to recover the corrupted file (given it is corrupted and not failed in copying the data over).

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/previous-versions-files-burned-dvd-r-276152/
Relevancy 51.6%

Burned some pictures, looked at them in my CD ROM. Sent the CD to a friend, he says he can not see anything on the disk.

I have read about this problem a long time ago, but I cannot find any thing on it now.

Can anyone lead me to some info on resolving this problem?

I used Sony Extreme build 2.0.753 which has automatic Multi-session.

Relevancy 51.6%

First, what file is playable on a normal DVD player?
I tried just copy and pasting a .avi file and couldn't play the DVD disk.

I'm planning on using DIVx to burn the .avi movie to the disk. Is it okay to do it? and would the DVD player be able to read it?

If not, are there any other software programs that can burn any file (.avi would be nice as well)?

And is there anything I should remember doing when burning movies?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I'm trying to create a bootable win7 usb and I'm using rufus-2.10 but the thing is it scatters burned files on the usb and create a mess and I want to keep it as organised as possible.. So is there anyway to burn the files inside a folder?

Thanks,

A:How to put burned iso files inside folders

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400046-how-put-burned-iso-files-inside-folders.html
Relevancy 51.6%

How can I remove this? (look at the image)

It started when I tried to burn a dvd disc but failed. Now whenever my computer starts up, it always shows.

How can I remove it?

Thanks!

A:You have files waiting to be burned to disc

See if this helps You have files waiting to be burned to disc - Stop Message

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/370985-you-have-files-waiting-burned-disc.html
Relevancy 51.17%

This is driving me crazy and I know it is something very simple I used Windows Explorer to burn pictures to a CD I don't have separate CD burning software since I do this so rarely I successfully burned the CD When I insert the CD in another Windows machine it sees the folders and files just fine Same thing on a Mac- sees everything just burning- after burned" CD Reading "Files be to blank Files waiting on fine When I put the CD back in the original machine that was used for the burning all I see is a blank view in Windows Explorer where it says quot Drag files to this folder to add them to the disc quot If I set the folder to display hidden files and folders all I see is the dreaded desktop ini file If I go to a command prompt and type Reading Files on CD after burning- "Files waiting to be burned" blank in the CD's drive letter e in this case I get a message saying there is no file system on the CD I'm rapidly pulling my hair out on this one

A:Reading Files on CD after burning- "Files waiting to be burned" blank

Oh, and additional information... If I do a "properties" on the CD, it shows 221 MB used, and the proper number of files and folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296322-reading-files-cd-after-burning-files-waiting-burned-blank.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey folks. I have quite a few mp3 files I would like to burn to CD. Also, I'm constantly adding new mp3 files to my collection. When I start burning discs, I would like to keep a text list of everything that is burned. That way I won't end up with duplicate files on different discs. I could copy and paste each file name individually to a notepad file, but that's pretty time consuming. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Todd K. Stearns

Relevancy 51.17%

I folders burned to 4 waiting be to files cd disappeared. of was transferring pictures and files from my old A drive floppy disks to CDs so I would not lose them I copied and labelled over discs sorting them into different folders on the CD DVD burning screen I selected the first folder and told it to write the disc It did that perfectly but when I returned to write the second folder to 4 folders of files waiting to be burned to cd disappeared. a new disc all of the waiting folders had disappeared I have searched the C 4 folders of files waiting to be burned to cd disappeared. drive and it does not find the folder names or any of the files names I had put into the folders I'm frantic and do not want to have to copy and label all of those floppies again The computer I'm using to do this is not my own Can anyone help me please I was transferring pictures and files from my old A drive floppy disks to CDs so I would not lose them I copied and labelled over discs sorting them into different folders on the CD DVD burning screen I selected the first folder and told it to write the disc It did that perfectly but when I returned to write the second folder to a new disc all of the waiting folders had disappeared I have searched the C drive and it does not find the folder names or any of the files names I had put into the folders I'm frantic and do not want to have to copy and label all of those floppies again The computer I'm using to do this is not my own Can anyone help me please

A:4 folders of files waiting to be burned to cd disappeared.

If the CD was never burned, those files were never "in" a folder. They MAY have been saved in a temporary file somewhere, but it only looks like they are in a folder prior to a burn.

This happened because your method was wrong, it seems. Had you first copied the files/folders to a folder on the "C:\" drive, they would have been safe. Then you could have transfered them to CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/4-folders-of-files-waiting-to-be-burned-to-cd-disappeared-544822.html
Relevancy 50.31%

2 Weeks ago I started having problems copying and pasting files/folders in windows XP Pro to my Hard drive. Some of my games will not even install properly anymore that I have installed before that worked. It's not my CD-RW drive, as I just bought a new LG 3 days ago.

The errors I get are:

"Error: Invalid MS-Dos command" when I paste and:
"Error: Invalid Parameters" When copying and pasting a file from cd to HD. With instalations it just tells me that a certain file can not be read or installed and the instalation cancels.

PLEASE HELP! I don't want to resolve to formatting.

Thanks in Advance :)

PS. I installed software/Drivers for my Sony MD Player just before I started having these problems.

A:Sudden Trouble Reading Files/folders off Burned Cds

:smash:
A really basic trick, try uninstalling the new cdrom completely, even disconnect the IDE cable and plug the old one back in. See if the old one works correctly, if so uninstall it totaly, and then reinstall the new one. I'm thinking it may be a device driver error sneaking in on a legacy device driver. As allways, check device manager for errors, and event viewer for informaion.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sudden-trouble-reading-files-folders-off-burned-cds-8001.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When I reboot i get this balloon which tells me this. I did not want to burn any files although it has 2,000 and more listed. I want to clear this out...it is slowing down my pc. I look on the folder page and do not see anywhere to abort this procedure.

A:How do I stop "you have files waiting to be burned to disk

Hello sparhawk,

This may be able to sort it for you.

You have files waiting to be burned to disc - Stop Message - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19321-how-do-i-stop-you-have-files-waiting-burned-disk.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Like....when i download a movie..and burn it to a dvd. I want to also keep like a backup of the files so that i can burn them again if i want.

If i just put the burned dvd in and take the VIDEO_TS files from it, are they still the same quality as when i originally downloaded them?

Thanks much!!

A:When i burn a dvd, do all the VIDEO_TS files maintain the same quality when i take them from the burned one?

Yes, the burnt files are exactly the same when copied back from the DVD to your PC, easiest way to do this is a program called DVD Decryptor. Even tho the burnt DVD wont have any copy protection (unless you added some when you burnt it!), DVD Decryptor is highly efficient and speedy at copying files to you PC from a DVD movie.

Hope this helps!

high500

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225315/when-i-burn-a-dvd-do-all-the-video-ts-files-maintain-the-same-quality-when-i-take-them-from-the-burned-one/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm in the process of calibrating my subwoofer and want to make a CD audio disc of bass frequencies from this site (http://www.realtraps.com/test-cd.htm). The download contains many MP3 files. I burned the files to a CD and the CD plays on my computer but doesn't play on my Panasonic BD-85. I really doin't understand what's happening as I have burned music on a CD and that plays on the BD-85. I'm sure that I am doing something wrong, but don't know what it is.

A:Trouble getting burned files to play on bluray player?

If they are MP3 files, does the Blu-Ray player play MP3 files? That may be the problem and if it is, you will have to convert them to wav files and then burn a standard "audio" CD.

However, the MP3 files concern me as they are not full fidelity and if you are trying to calibrate something you need the full fidelity audio signal. Converting an MP3 to wav will not restore full fidelity, it can only be as good as the MP3 file is. If the site you are downloading from has wav files, download and use them, bypass the MP3 files (which are "something less" than full fidelity).

I have a recording studio so I'm well attuned to fidelity of audio/music files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/275604-trouble-getting-burned-files-play-bluray-player.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I have an HP e t running Windows Vista SP bit The processor is a Core i GHz and the box has Gb of RAM Burned Back Read Corrupted When Being CD, Files from are JPG Newly Why? I am having a problem writing images JPG Files are Being Corrupted When Read Back from Newly Burned CD, Why? JPG specifically to CD-R s using the machine s optical drive I ve tried a couple different CD Burner software packages Power Go comes with HP boxes and also CDBurnerXP In each case the images are written to the CD and the burning software claims that the CD has been verified successfully But as I step through the images I find that a number of them have been truncated or corrupted by the burning process They are visibly corrupted in IrfanView and PhotoShop CS complains they are truncated when opening them I can open the originals that were burned to the disc and they look fine If I copy the files off the CD and view them they are still corrupted BUT if I take the burned CD and look at it on another machine--the files look fine So it would appear that I am able to write JPG s to CD but I can t read them back properly on my machine What would cause this And more importantly how do I prevent it from happening I need to be able to verify the image disks I am making for customers I never had problems like this when I was running XP on my old computer--if something was not written correctly to the disk the verification process would catch it Interestingly backup disks from my old computer read fine on this machine There s something about the CD s that it creates that it doesn t like when reading back Weird nbsp

A:JPG Files are Being Corrupted When Read Back from Newly Burned CD, Why?

if you burn a CD of images with another PC - that works fine on the PC you burn with - so we know everything is perfect on the other PC
and then transfer the CD to the faulty machine
can you then read the CD on the faulty machine OK

Just wondered if its an issue with reading the CD , as you said
. *BUT* if I take the burned CD and look at it on another machine--the files look fine. So it would appear that I am able to write JPG's to CD, but I can't read them back properly on my machine.Click to expand...

It may you have an issue with the CD generally reading images ...
In fact can it read any data CD OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jpg-files-are-being-corrupted-when-read-back-from-newly-burned-cd-why.897310/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, Everyone,

I bought a new computer about a month ago. (HP Pavilion dv6985se). I began the process of burning a copy of the system files, but, stopped when I realized I did not have the right discs and deciding I was just going to buy it from HP. Now, I am stuck with those files waiting to be burned in my D drive. When I open the folder, it warns me not to tamper with these files because I could delete other files in the process that could prevent me from restoring the system files in case of a failure. Is there anyway I can delete those files? I don't want to continue the burning as it would have taken 17 discs. I appreciate it if someone could answer this for me. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removing-system-backup-files-waiting-to-be-burned.803715/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have downloaded music files from the Net and stored them in my harddrive . What method of" burning" do I need to do in order to record these files and be able to play them back on a standard CD player?
I have no problem copying from CD to CD and playing those CD's back on a standard CD player, but when I collect my own files in a Playlist and burn a CD I am able to play the CD back in my computer CD-ROM but I hear nothing out of my portable radio. I have tried slowing down the burnrate. No problem with buffer underruns. Do I need perhaps a DVD/portable CD player with an MP3 file reading capability?
Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

When you copy a cd,you copy first to the hard drive,then back again onto a new cd,so what happens to the data you copied onto the hard drive? ....does it stay there?......

A:(Resolved) Just wondering.. Are Burned CD files left on computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-just-wondering-are-burned-cd-files-left-on-computer.108835/
Relevancy 49.88%

I keep getting error messages when trying to open files created in Word 2003. The files burn to cd without a problem but when I try to open them off of the cd I get the file may be corrupt try to use recover text option or open and repair option. The odd thing is these word 2003 files open in Office xp without any issues. I have also got an error stating I do not have adminstrative rights on my cd drive. The cd drive is not a network shared drive so I am confused by this error. I have replaced the old cd-r/rw drive with a dvd r/rw and still get the same problems. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

A:Solved: Microsoft. Word 2003 will not open files burned to cd

I think I fixed it. I replaced the ide cable and all seems to work now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-word-2003-will-not-open-files-burned-to-cd.738180/
Relevancy 49.88%

PROBLEM:  User is seeing a message in the taskbar notification area when booting that there are file waiting to be burned to CD.
Applies to Windows 7/8.
To fix this:
1.  Open Windows Explorer:
2.  Navigate to:
C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn FolderNote AppData is a hidden folder.
3.  Delete all files in this folder, including subfolders.

Have a great day.

A:Message in taskbar notifcation area - Files waiting to be burned to CD/DVD

Nice to know, thanks
Stay well and surf safe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540002/message-in-taskbar-notifcation-area-files-waiting-to-be-burned-to-cddvd/
Relevancy 48.16%

XP easily lets me transfer files that fit on one DVD to my DVD. I would like to be able to transfer larger files (e.g., 32 GB) to/from the DVD. When I try simple copy with XP it tells me the file is too big - it obviously isn't going to fit on one DVD disk. If it is possible to make such transfers, is there a way to verify that the transfer is perfect?

A:Big (e.g., 32 GB) files and DVDs

I must be missing something ... if a file is 32 GB, and the DVD holds 4.7 GB how are you going to be able to fit the file on?

What is the file type? This is a key issue

Is it compressable? A compression ratio of 7:1 would be needed and this is highly improbable.

Were you wanting to span the file across 7 DVD's?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/big-e-g-32-gb-files-and-dvds.208925/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I am new. I just bought a DVD burner and wonder if there is a way to use it for archiving different types of files. All the threads seem to be of video or pictures, but I want to just use the DVD like a big floppy and write .xls, .doc and many .jpg, just to have a backup copy. When I try to use explorer, it trys to copy to cd and does not recognize the DVD.

I have DVD software but it is for movies and pictures only.

Do I need to get special software for this?

A:Archiving various files using DVDs

You may well need special software. Most burning software will accomplish the task.

Try a demo version of Nero:

http://www.ahead.de

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/archiving-various-files-using-dvds.153130/
Relevancy 47.73%

Really didn't know where to put it so did it safe and put it under general I think that covers it...

Basically the title says it, I need to make iso images of dvds and cds. I have Nero7 Ultra if there is a feature in there but haven't really been able to locate it.

BTW Free software is my best friend... pleas don't suggest anything I have to pay for.

Thanks
Andrew

A:Make Iso Files From Dvds And Cds

I haven't tried to make an ISO from a CD, but i believe that in ISORecorder (a powertoy for windows xp) can make ISO's as well as burn them (i know it can burn them i do it all the time)Download it hereTo make one i think you just put the CD in the drive, go into My Computer, right click the cd and click something like Make ISO

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127695/make-iso-files-from-dvds-and-cds/
Relevancy 47.73%

hey i just got a zune. it only supports mpeg and wmv formats for video tho.

i got a bunch of dvds at home i wanna get onto the zune. so i need some software that will convert a dvd to a wmv or mpeg file. i know it exists but my head hurts from searching for free versions for so long.

any suggestions as far as freeware goes for that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/converting-dvds-to-wmv-files.105770/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to burn several short videos on a dvd. When I convert them from AVI with WinAVI, they turn into generic VOB files. Nero Burning Rom will only let me burn one VOB file onto a dvd at a time. When I try to rename the subsequent files, Nero will not accept them onto the files-to-be-burnt list. I want one DVD of all my short video films.

Also, Nero will not burn MPG, MPEG, WMV, or MPE files so my Cucusoft converter is of no use.

Is there better software I should buy? Or do I need to download specific plugins or codecs?

I am a complete novice here. Thanks!

Relevancy 47.3%

Doesn't automatically ask to burn when new DVD or Cd is 'injected'.
This just started happening for no reason whatsoever.

Why everything online has to be so complicated?
I bet you think that^^ all the time, huh?

Anyways, Win7, 64, thanks for any light you can shed here...

A:Burning DVDs, does not close out files when done.

What program are you using to burn the DVD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242180-burning-dvds-does-not-close-out-files-when-done.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a massive amount of photos I need to back up, so burning them to DVDs sounds like the cheapest solution. Each time I've tried dragging the files down to the E: drive window, it says "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file." The DVD is already inserted correctly, and I've tried this with photos, music, and Word documents, (both in folders, and as individual files) all with the same result. (The type of DVD I'm using is Memorex DVD+R.)

Any ideas on what's going on here?

A:Problems with burning files to DVDs

I've had problems using Explorer to burn CD's. For some reason it doesn't want to allow you to drag too many (or too large) files at once.

Try doing just a single file, and see if this is not your problem.

Otherwise, I'd recommend using Nero, as Explorer is not very well-respected.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-burning-files-to-dvds-150975.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I Have numerous Korean , Chinese, and Japanese Avi movies with .Sub and .str file extentions that run along side movies when i play in BSplayer. I would like to eventually burn these movies onto DVD with the subtitle file so it runs in sync with the film.

Has anyone burned movies like these sucessfully onto DVD that worked Perfectly?? If so what software did you use, What settings did you use and what Blank DVDs work best?? I currently use ARITA DVD- .

A:BURNING DVDs WITH SUBTITLE FILES

to burn dvds with subtitles i use dvd shrink it is a free software just type it into google and look for a website to download it.hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvds-with-subtitle-files.44367/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys, a while ago, maybe a few months ago, the blue screen kept coming up whenever I'd start up my laptop. I eventually had to backup all my information. It was 32ish GB worth. I now have 8 or 9 DVDs with all my documents, programs, and music on them. Since then, I've reinstalled a few of the programs I already have on the DVDs. Could someone tell me how to I guess restore using all 8 or 9 of my DVDs.?

Or if possible, are there any programs I can install that'll allow me to look for specific programs on my backup DVDs.? I'm mainly concerned with my Itunes account, and I know for a fact that the iTunes programs and music and stuff is on more than 1 disc.

A:Don't know what to do when restoring files from backup DVDs.

With most backup programs you'd start off with disc # 1 and just wait for the prompt to insert the next disc. However, I think many people on this Forum strongly suggest NOT using discs for backup and instead recommend an external hard drive. If one disc didn't burn correctly the entire backup is effectively ruined.

Quote:
I've reinstalled a few of the programs I already have on the DVDs . . . are there any programs I can install that'll allow me to look for specific programs on my backup DVDs.?

That's another problem using discs for backup. You can only search one disk at a time. Whatever procedure you used to find the programs you've already reinstalled would work. Don't need third party programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/250438-dont-know-what-do-when-restoring-files-backup-dvds.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi. I'm looking for a program for Win 8 that can fit files and folders to multiple DVDs and minimize free space. It should be able to split folders but preferably not files. I'd like to avoid using an archiving program except for files that are larger than a DVD.

I tried some programs found online, but they can only split files while folders must stay intact. Others can only split one folder at a time. Finally, I tried the disc spanning feature in some burning software but they don't appear to be efficient in minimizing free space. I sampled one and for the first disc it used 4 GB. I did things manually and for the first disc I was able to use 4.475 GB.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75740-looking-program-fit-files-multiple-dvds.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Greetings. When I go to DVD-RAM DRIVE (D Properties I only see the following headings: General, AutoPlay, Hardware and Sharing. Before, I used to see a Recording heading but now it is missing. How do I reinstate it in order to open it and enable the Recording function? I am using Windows XP Home Edition with SP3. The Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N. Please advise. Thank you.

A:Unable to write files to CDs or DVDs

Read THIS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-write-files-to-cds-or-dvds.975915/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Windows 8.1 Desktop.
I installed a 2.5" WD second hard drive, formatted it and all was fine.
I then removed the 2.5" HD, put it in an external usb case and transferred files from my Windows XP laptop.
When I put the HD back into the desktop, there were no files on the disk, said something like 951GB / 951GB free.
I removed it again and checked using the XP laptop / usb case and all the files are shown.
All HDs on the desktop / laptop are formatted NTFS.

thanks

A:Transferred Files to Desktop HD From WinXP Using External USB Files Not Showing

Have you tried Easy Transfer? Also, you might have problems transferring from 32 bit to 64 bit computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/transferred-files-to-desktop-hd-from-winxp-using-external-usb-files-not-showing-1120481.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Over the past few weeks all of my video files play hesitantly and jerkily. Some files freeze, then release, freeze a little while later, unfreeze, then lock up again...like that. Even when playing DVDs, in either CD-Rom drawer, the DVD plays jerkily.

This problem is the same no matter which video player I use. Media Player Classic seems to work a bit better, but even that jerks and stops and starts.

This seems to be a system problem of some sort.

Please, can someone help me? If not, is there a brainstorm website to try and fix this jerking?

Thanks!

A:DVDs and Video Files Play Jerkily

I have just uninstalled something called Windows Essential Media Codex pack and the jerking of the video files has stopped!

I believe, from my limited research, that there are too many codecs installed and they are fighting with each other.

I will not mark this thread as SOLVED until I work some more with my video files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvds-and-video-files-play-jerkily.663490/
Relevancy 46.44%

I got a copy of windows 7 professional and it will not allow me to just upgrade to it from vista home basic so I have to back up a lot of random stuff onto DVDs. I 136GBs of steam games and I would rather not have to download them all again once I install windows 7. Is there a way I can divide my 136gb steam apps folder amongst a bunch of DVDs then extract it into a new steam installation in windows 7? I would rather not use 7z to make a bunch of seperate files because it would take so long. Though if you know of settings that would allow it to compress everything into a bunch of seperate files faster please tell me!

A:Is there software that backs up any files onto a bunch of DVDs?

That's going to be a lot of DVD's. You don't have a spare hard drive sitting around that you can use for backups? How about just buying a cheap HD and using that for the OS and the current drive for games/files?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-software-that-backs-up-any-files-onto-a-bunch-of-dvds.148908/
Relevancy 46.44%

I searched almost everything, tried CDBurnerXP but nothing happened. I want to burn windows 7 ultimate setup in multiple CDs because my DELL Optiplex GX280 A08 only reads CDs. I want to install windows 7 there. Please help me. I need answers ASAP. Thanks to you all guy who will help me.

A:How do I BURN large ISO files into MULTIPLE CDs (not DVDs)

CDs are not enough for a Windows 7 installer, you need to use a DVD drive, or a pendrive with at least 3GB free for it, as it won't fit in a smaller drive at all.

More generally, ISO files are an exact image of the final disc when burned, it cannot be splited into smaller discs. Moreover, the Windows installer is not aware of a "split installer" and won't know how to switch discs at all. A CD drive is not enough to support a Windows 7 installer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/397542-how-do-i-burn-large-iso-files-into-multiple-cds-not-dvds.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all, I need help if I can change the view of how the Windows Explorer display files on my cds & dvds coz' there is a small irritating IE icon attach on each files e.g. .exe .txt .rar .doc .xls.... that blocks the icon of the files. Whether I change the view to list, thumbnails, details, icons. This started when I bought a new pc with a Vista pre-installed and use nero to burn and back-up my files/documents/pictures. And when I return back my pc and have Win XP Pro SP2 installed coz' Vista is too irritating due to UAC and some apps conflicts this problem occur while trying to browse the cds & dvds which I burn when I have Vista as OS. Is there a way to change this? How do I get rid of the IE icon attach within the files? Thanks in advance.

A:irritating IE icon attach to files (cds & dvds)

Leinan, Post #8 in the thread at the link has a solution which should correct your problem. I'm assuming you're using IE7.
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=480531

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/irritating-ie-icon-attach-to-files-cds-dvds.649333/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

I'm having a problem. It seems that Windows freezes entirely (so you can't even move the mouse cursor) a few seconds after I stop playback of DVDs or DVD .VOB files. I've tried with both K-Lite Codec Pack and ffdshow and the same thing happens on both. It happens on both VLC and Media Player Classic. The problem does not occur with any other type of video files.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

A:Windows freezes after playing DVDs/VOB files

Since I can find an edit button, I'll update here.

I just tried using Nvidia's Pure Video decoder and a couple of different AC3 decoders but the same thing happened.

Please help if you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-freezes-after-playing-dvds-vob-files-182921.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My girlfriend called and complained to me that all her files are gone on her computer She explained that the black cmd screen came up saying that files were being deleted I assumed she had a virus and there wasn t a whole lot that could be done to get the files back However when I randomly looked in the Windows folder I noticed that all the files were missing from there as well files) up. folder not windows showing (including Files This is strange to me as Windows was in fact running without fine minus the missing files All the programs work fine but all the folders show up as empty I went into folder options and changed the option to show hidden files and still I got nothing I also used the xp cd to run chkdsk r and it came up with a BSOD Stop error after trying to boot into windows I had to run fixmbr to get Windows up again Maybe the problems are related Do you have any ideas on what this might be nbsp

A:Files (including windows folder files) not showing up.

Update: The files in the Windows directory seem to have come back. Not sure how that happened, so now I'm trying out some file recovery software to see if I can find anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-including-windows-folder-files-not-showing-up.510307/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an hp desktop running windows home premium recently I attempted to upgrade to windows but something failed I was forced to create backup my restore to WIM dvds created, from Unable files backup cd's by the recovery manager in total AND run the restore cd provided by hp to repair my workstation nbsp I have read numerous articles and forums that suggest booting from recovery cd and also from recovery cd that hasnt worked The recovery Unable to restore my WIM files from backup dvds created, manager application does appear in the recovery folder saved on disk and also a configuration file but when i click on recovery manager the spinning pointer sits there like its working the request but after an hour or so does nothing goes right back to idle nbsp I understand that -zip unzips wim files if you want to go the long route of opening all saved files and manually extracting each backed-up portion of my workstation but would really prefer to have the recovery software restore my files nbsp what do i nbsp do can i get a functioning recovery manager or is there another type of software out there that recognizes wim's and will restore my files for me -William

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Unable-to-restore-my-WIM-files-from-backup-dvds-created/td-p/5744098
Relevancy 46.01%

whenever i try to play a dvd on my computer, the colors get inverted. this happens on windows media player and powerdvd. it also happens when i play a regular video file that i've downloaded as well.

i tried re-installing windows media player and updating video card drivers, but it didn't do anything.

Little help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inverted-colors-playing-media-files-and-dvds.263956/
Relevancy 46.01%

I had to perform a Recovery procedure on my laptop which uses Windows 7 64 bit OS. I created backup on three DVDs, and now can't figure out how to reinstall these files. I have checked online for a solution to my dilemma, but the instructions are confusing, and the options availaable to me in the windows that open don't seem to match the instructions listed. I will appreciate any guidance that anyone can provide me to resolve this issue.

A:Reinstalling files from backup DVDs after performing a Recovery

For people to help you need to provide more information including:
- brand of laptop
- more details on the type of backup. 3 DVDs suggest a factory restore backup. In this case you need to make sure your personal data has been backed up because a factory restore will get rid of all your personal data and return the laptop to an "as bought" condition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/373175-reinstalling-files-backup-dvds-after-performing-recovery.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have recently been experiencing trouble in burning creating DVD-video discs from both video files and images iso OS Windows XP Media Center w Service Pack Software Cyberlink Power Go Windows Media Player I have in the past been able to create DVD-videos from either a video file mpeg wmv avi etc or an iso image without problems however now I am apparently unable to The disc is images & files from DVDs burning Trouble movie created without any error messages yet when I attempt to play that disc in either the same PC or on a standard DVD player it is not recognized My PC will say its blank and autoplay will pop up Trouble burning DVDs from movie files & images with quot Burn Create Disc Trouble burning DVDs from movie files & images quot If I explore the disc it appears empty yet I can see that the disc has been written on from visually looking at Trouble burning DVDs from movie files & images it I first thought the problem was from updating to Windows Media Player so I rolled back to Player but the problem persists Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Every time I log into windows (build 7000) I always see this in the corner of my task bar

No matter what i do I cannot get it to stop appearing. I have tried clicking on it and when it goes to bring up a window the window doesn't load and just freezes showing me a blank white window. When I put a disc in and then restart my computer I then click on this bubble and it starts to reformat my disc for me so I can burn whatever it is that is waiting, but instead it freezes telling me it is not responding.

Can anyone help me?

A:Build 7000 "files waiting to be burned to disc" problem...

Hello Element4life3,

This will help show you how to get rid of this message.

You have files waiting to be burned to disc - Stop Message

Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/5730-build-7000-files-waiting-burned-disc-problem.html
Relevancy 45.58%

There is a folder and two .mp3 files in my "Files waiting to be burned" area. None of them are write protected or in use. When I try to delete them I recieve an "Access is denied" error, and they remain in this folder. Any idea of how I can get rid of them?

A:Problems removing files from "waiting to be burned" area.

Never mind, I found the files under my local settings/microsoft/cd burning folder, and they could be accessed from there.

Lock it up or delete this thread. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-removing-files-from-waiting-to-be-burned-area.456701/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm having problems where I can't see my video thumbnails on Windows 8.1 Preview, also - I don't know which ones I'm going to click at and play. Is there a way to solve this problem, so I can see my video thumbnails, just an icon with an white paper as an background of the icons.

The image below is the problem I'm having at the moment which I can't see the video thumbnails, just an icon with a white paper background:

The video thumbnails works alright in Windows 7 Home Premium that we used to have.

Thankyou for reading!

Regards,
~Benjamin123
Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview (I'm going to have a full version soon)

A:Video Clip Files (MOV Files) - Not Showing

I would try Quicktime Alternative if Quicktime is not already installed. If you already have Quicktime report back to take the next step.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34308-video-clip-files-mov-files-not-showing.html