Windows Support Forum

File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ?

Q: File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ?

Hello Guys Extremely sorry to bother you guys here again with my issue so i was able to fix all my issue with my pc but now i have problem with File Transfer the Speed of a file to Speed with ? System issue File Tranfer Storage Enclosure TR8M+B be transfer from one hard drive to another is at Kbs on a brand new Storage Enclosure System TR M B See the problem is if i cant fix it by Thursday then i will have to return it as it last day to get full refund from newegg com I was testing this unit File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ? to transfer file from hard drive in my pc to a hard drive in NSA and i notice that file transfer started at low MB s and then it goes down to KB File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ? s and then stay at that for hours and then it goes down to KB File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ? s and stay there for hours and then it goes to KB s I left this file transfer for over days and no luck for it to complete I am not using Raid as i will have my software Raid F so at this moment i am trying to get everything working properly before i install software and applications My New unit is Sans Digital -Bay eSATA RAID JBOD Tower Storage Enclosure w G PCIe Card TR M B Black TR M B x Hard Drive Trays Power Cord x eSATA Cable RR Dual-Port eSATA Gb s PCIe x RAID Controller Sans Digital -Bay eSATA RAID JBOD Tower Storage Enclosure w G PCIe Card TR M B Black - Newegg com Here are DropBox Screenshots https www dropbox com sh coiweqm rmb d hEDFmPtyA I have tried to tranfer files from other drive too but the speed was very slow also but transfer completed with no issue as the file where single small file between MB s and MB s Here is my system info also Bus Adapters AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller AMD RAID Console HighPoint RCM Device JMicron JMB X Controller RocketRAID SATA Controller Silicon Image SiI SoftRaid Controller VIA VT RAID Controller ASMedia XHCI Controller x Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller x Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller x Other Devices VIA OHCI Compliant Host Controller ASUS Disk Unlocker Microsoft Composite Battery USB Input Device Standard PS Keyboard HID-compliant mouse USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free e NTFS on drive GB GB free f NTFS on drive GB GB free g NTFS on drive GB GB free h NTFS on drive GB GB free i NTFS on drive GB GB free j NTFS on drive GB GB free k NTFS on drive GB GB free l NTFS on drive GB GB free Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space AMD X Mirror RAID SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n d a Hitachi HDS C ALA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Hitachi HDS C ALA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Hitachi HDS ALA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n JK YBJUN F Hitachi HDS BLA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Seagate ST DM - YN SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Seagate ST DM - F SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive WDC WD EARX- PASB SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive WDC WD EZRX- DC B SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive WDC WD EZRX- MMMB SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Processor gigahertz AMD Phenom II X kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Operating System Windows Enterprise x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed PM Boot Mode Legacy BIOS in UEFI Secure Boot not supported Main Circuit Board Board ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC M A EVO Rev xx Serial Number Bus Clock megahertz UEFI American Megatrends Inc Memory Modules Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Can someone please advise Thank you very much

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ?

Hello also forgot to say this unit work as : Drive Bays eSATA 6Gbps (via Port Multiplier) 8 Bay SATA to eSATA (Port Multiplier) JBOD Enc

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311232-file-tranfer-speed-issue-storage-enclosure-system-tr8m-b.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I tried using the Easy Tranfer program from a Windows XP laptop to my new laptop using Vista Professional. I used an 8 gig flash drive for the process. I tried several times would only make it to approximately 75% completion and would get an error message and start the process all over.

I finally just copied my critcal data to the flash drive the old school way and copied it to my new laptop. My concern is that it appears that these several attemps at using W.E.T. may have left a large amount of junk data on my new hard drive.

Does anybody know:
1.) If WET is unsuccessful, does it leave data on the target hard drive?
2.) If so, how can I find it? Is there a default location and series of files that I can look for and erase to free up the space on my hard drive?

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196951-easy-tranfer-issue.html
Relevancy 62.35%

hello,
I have a new Gateway DX4860. I have done the easy transfer of my old files to the new computer. The transfer file is sitting in my documents, but I am not able to access them. When I try to, it just prompts me to repeat the transfer. How do I access my transferred files?
Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-easy-tranfer-issue.1030601/
Relevancy 61.06%

I Downloaded a trial version of Office Visio for a Class project. My question is how do I get the working program onto a zip drive?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/202234-tranfer-file-zip-drive.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all after years of building my own tranfer 7 to system new my preparing win old for PC my PCs I decided that I would treat myself to a good 'un and I assembled preparing my old win 7 system for tranfer to my new PC my wish list earlier this year I was going switch to an ASUS Sabertooth mobo with an FX Gb DDr But when this failed to even post I swapped it back to my regular Asrock preparing my old win 7 system for tranfer to my new PC mobo supplier of choice and bought an X Extreme - which worked straight out of the box Kudos to Amazon though - no messing about and refunded straight away Anyway I digress I've done a clean install of a new copy of Win pro no attempt to badger MS into reactivating my OEM copy of win from my old machine and as I have a lot of software installed on my old machine I decided that an inventory audit was required So this tidy up is a vital operation before commissioning my new PC What has puzzled me is that Windows Easy transfer reports just over GB of data to transfer GB from my admin user account and some GB from quot shared items quot As I only have the one user account this is odd I looked at the advanced tab details which yielded the stark fact that this GB was mainly quot other items quot and I can't for the life of understand what all this garbage could be But this doesn't help me to clean up my old system because I don't know what I need to delete purge My question is therefore - how do I establish the content and it's location and equally if it's not personal user account data but windows crap how do I know whether or not it can be deleted regards Dave Hickman

A:preparing my old win 7 system for tranfer to my new PC

All you have to do is copy your personal datafiles, without the crap.
Don't use the tranfer, cause it copy's about your whole pc. (for instance useless system backup)
With outlook you just transfer the PST file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375450-preparing-my-old-win-7-system-tranfer-my-new-pc.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I was recently blocked from my school's wireless network and received an email saying they had detected Torpid Malware on my computer. I was in the processes of getting a new laptop so I just ignored it. I had planned to transfer my data and give the old laptop to my mom. So here are my questions:

1. Will transferring my data between machines possible infect my new computer? (I will only be moving music, photos, ms office docs and browser bookmarks.)
2. If I use the restore disk on my old machine, could I leave some of the malware behind and get reinfected?

If either of these is possible I'll take a shot at cleaning the machine, if not I won't even bother.

A:Will file tranfer infect another computer?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer. Let's try to clean the machine and then transfer all of the documents, because you sure dont want for your mom to be stuck with problems! : )Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.Lets take a look with MalwarebytesPlease download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here:MalwarebytesPlease rename the file BEFORE downloading to zztoy.exe instead of mbam-setup.exeMBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Double Click zztoy.exe to install the application.* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.* Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.If Malwarebytes won't install or runSome types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258806/will-file-tranfer-infect-another-computer/
Relevancy 60.63%

Howdy Folks,

I downloaded the 90 day trial of W7 64 Bit Pro. I'd been running the RC but wanted to RTM just to be safe in case any security patches weren't backported to the RC. My question is when I get my Mitts on my own license will I be able to use the File Settings transfer Wizard thing to move everything over to my fresh install?

Thanks,
Dan

A:Got the PRO 90-Day Trial - Tranfer file to new version?

Quote: Originally Posted by Big Dan

Howdy Folks,

I downloaded the 90 day trial of W7 64 Bit Pro. I'd been running the RC but wanted to RTM just to be safe in case any security patches weren't backported to the RC. My question is when I get my Mitts on my own license will I be able to use the File Settings transfer Wizard thing to move everything over to my fresh install?

Thanks,
Dan

You can move everything but apps with the File Transfer, as I understand it.

Why not just do an upgrade install over the trial version? That will keep all your programs and settings, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32655-got-pro-90-day-trial-tranfer-file-new-version.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello everyone I m new here BTW so if this is not the right place to post this feel free to correct my mistake by stating it My problem occurs when I am trying to transfer files to my external hard drives I recently purchased a GB Trancend portable ehd because my GB WD was not enough I have two of my games backed up in my computer as iso files they re DVD games each around GB Dawn of Magic and Fantasy Wars When I try to transfer these files to one of my hard drives the computer gives an insufficient memory error My laptop has GB of free space out of my WD has GB of free space and my Trancend has tranfer EHD Insufficient with problem Memory file with GB of free space And I did drop my WD on concrete a year ago but it was fine I lost no files and it recently had MB of free space so I don t think Insufficient Memory problem with file tranfer with EHD that drop incurred any memory loss My Trancend is new so I don t think it might have any memory loss either Can anyone help me with my problem nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Okay, so I get this error every time I go to install my game. Some times it happens at 48%, 66% and even once at 99%. I just installed the game on a different computer without any problems so I know it can't be the CD. This is what the error reads, "A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'D:\TSBin\Sims2EP3.exe'" It's not always that specific file but it is always an .exe file.

A:Solved: Problem occurred when trying to tranfer the file...

is it happens while installing that particular game ?? or happens while copying or installing other softwares also ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-occurred-when-trying-to-tranfer-the-file.802397/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys So - WIN Hang Speed: SSD 8.1 Activity, R/W 100% System Issue 0 I've just been experiencing a weird issue with WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue my system where it hangs and it is very unresponsive at random intervals of time in fact the first clue that I had an issue was when boot to WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue desktop time was much longer than normal and desktop startup apps took forever to load My system would hang very often right when desktop begins to load in and also when opening various web links or even at random intervals And by unresponsive I mean that I can usually freely still move around my cursor and task manager is still shows moving graphs but if I click within a program the program will not respond to the command or it will be come not responding I've pulled up task manager to investigate during these periods of unresponsiveness correspond to when my C drive my SSD is at activity but read write speed Checking resource monitor and details do not show any application using the disk to cause the activity In fact at times during activity in resource monitor the processes list slowly decreases until there is nothing there and then resets itself I've also attempted to play games and have task manager on the side to see what effect this would have At several points I would encounter the same active R W speed but the game DOES NOT hang and I can game fine However if I were to click on let's say a web browser or a file explorer window while gaming and having the active R W speed it would respond to - click actions and then hang When I was typing this up I experienced active R W speed several times but sometimes I can continue typing and then randomly the browser becomes unresponsive What I've tried to fix it - Disable prefetch or something similar in chrome - Enable writing permissions to Skype - chkdsk f Results here - sfc scannow - Full System Scan with Bit defender scanned to after hours I cancelled it after that threats found - As a side note HD Sentinel shows the drive at due to lifetime use - SMART att here According the same program the max speed the drive has achieved since I've experienced this issue has been around MB s in terms of transfer rates clearly much slower than what it's capable of - CCCleaner cleaned out registry and some temp files - Benchmark programs such as crystaldisk do not properly finish as when it is running active R W speed would occur and the system hangs Specs - Crucial MX GB SSD Suspected issue - GB External Drive - GB RAM - i T This shows a period of normal activity and then unresponsiveness right when activity hits During activity what resource manager shows the processes list decreases and eventually results in the picture below Showing active R W speed yet not processes with disk activity Any help or suggestions are appreciated EDIT - I've also tried updating to the latest SSD firmware but that hasn't helped - Crucial Storage Management shows a health drive I guess it's based on SMART atts - Tried to run a short self test through HD Sentinel I let it run for minutes where I noticed that the progress bar was not progressing after the minute mark task manager showed minimum disk activity so I cancelled that

A:WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue

Try to let it run entirely for the short test. U may choose to use SeaTools for Windows. Don't wanna rule out harddisk is faulty though.u can get the files at http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600037/win-81-100-ssd-activity-0-rw-speed-system-hang-issue/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Everyone Windows Issue HDD Enclosure I won t go into to much detail about the computer issue that brought me to this point but what it comes down to is the computer is not working So we are at Windows HDD Enclosure Issue a phase where I m trying to help the guy recover files off of his Hard Drive I figure I could throw the Hard Drive into a USB Enclosure and he could move files from there to his laptop The Hard Drive is Dynamic He told me somebody set up RAID for him He had no Windows HDD Enclosure Issue idea which RAID First he said it was set up for Mirroring RAID then he said it was setup for Stripping and that was it RAID So I pop the secondary HDD into the Enclosure and I find a folder with bkf files So I m assuming whoever told him he had RAID set up was very wrong The laptop sees the enclosure and says it s ready to be used but the device is not under My Computer So I go into Disk Manager and the laptop sees it as a Foreign Drive There is no option to Import Foreign Disk The only two options I have are Convert To Basic and Properties Converting to Basic would delete the data correct As I mentioned earlier the second HDD was seen no problem I m guessing because the primary Hard Drive was set to Basic I read somewhere that Windows XP Home wouldn t read Dynamic Disks so I tried it in my laptop that has Windows XP Pro and same result Any help here would be greatly appreciated Thanks everyone nbsp

A:Windows HDD Enclosure Issue

I was doing some research on Basic/Dynamic, and if I understand correctly, if you were going to implement RAID, both drives would have to be Dynamic, correct?

So if the secondary drive was Basic, you could not use RAID. Thanks for the help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-hdd-enclosure-issue.825654/
Relevancy 54.18%

...I installed a Seagate 2tb HDD in a Max 4 enclosure from Thermaltake. I'm using an existing eSata port. Win 7 Home 64bit recognized the HDD and everything seems to work just fine.....except the drive is recognized as an internal drive. I don't have a problem with that, but the drive has to be powered up when I boot or the drive isn't located. So if I boot and then later power up the drive, it doesn't show up. So, I have connected the drive to the main power switch for my computer and its on when the computer is powered up. Is there a problem with just cutting power (from another switch) versus switching the drive on and off?

A:eSata Ext HDD Enclosure Issue...

hello and welcome to the forums can you not make a connection from a spare molex power source they are always live on power up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130802-esata-ext-hdd-enclosure-issue.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I just purchased a 2.5 hard drive enclosure for my Fujitsu drive that I removed from my broken laptop. (Laptop was dropped). I assembled the enclosure, connected it to the USB port on my pc, lights come on on the enclosure, I hear it spinning BUT my PC won't recognize it. Why? FYI, the Fujitsu drive from my laptop has Vista OS on it and my PC is an XP OS. Is that the difference maker? Please help....

A:Please help with hard drive enclosure issue

Are you trying this on the dropped machine? If so, there may be more damage...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-with-hard-drive-enclosure-issue.686551/
Relevancy 52.89%

Thought I d be smart and pick up a couple of HDs and cases separately to save with External Enclosure HD Issue Connection SATA a few s but all appears to have backfired I Connection Issue with External SATA HD Enclosure picked up a SATA to SATA and a second IDE to SATA enclosure to fit a couple of Hard Drives inside with the intention of connecting to the USB ports on my laptop the HDs are in fine but I made the assumption that all external enclosures connect to a USB port and the above combinations denoted the internals of the case So now I m stuck with a laptop without a SATA port and two hard drives with Connection Issue with External SATA HD Enclosure SATA cables but no means to connect them to the USB or any other ports on my laptop Ideal solution would be to pick up a cable with a SATA connector on one end to connect to the HD enclosure and a USB connector on the other end but after a quick google I don t think it s going to be that simple What are my options nbsp

A:Connection Issue with External SATA HD Enclosure

Buy new enclosures... I am afraid that may be your only option

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-issue-with-external-sata-hd-enclosure.733219/
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve had hard drive issues before and been able to solve them via device manager and disk management etc but this one has me stumped I d very much appreciate some ideas A bit of relevant background - I have a HTPC running with from enclosure Peculiar drive to usb sata issue internal hard changed when Windows with two TB Western Digital Peculiar issue with sata hard drive when changed from internal to usb enclosure Green Power HDD s connected by sata They both work fine and I ve had no trouble with either Today I bought a dual sata USB hard drive enclosure to put them both in as I Peculiar issue with sata hard drive when changed from internal to usb enclosure d like to take my film collection with me hooked up to my laptop every now and then I installed them both in the enclosure plugged the usb lead into my laptop and waited for the usual recognition sounds and autoplay pop-ups etc However when I went to My Computer only one was showing my drive named quot films quot The LED on the enclosure to show activity was only lit on the left side which meant it wasn t picking up both drives I went into disk management and device manager and the quot hidden quot drive was nowhere to be seen I double checked the connections on the enclosure and powered down and up again and distinctly heard both drives spin up one immediately after the other I then connected the enclosure to my HTPC only for the same thing to happen Next I plugged in JUST my quot films quot drive into the enclosure and it did spin up but no glimmer of recognition in Windows device manager or disk management Whereas when I plug in just quot films quot it is recognised fine I also tried swapping the sata connectors ie so that quot films quot was connected to the same connectors that I d just had quot films quot running successfully on in case the others were faulty Still no luck At this point I was worried quot films quot had suddenly committed suicide of some sort so I ve gone and connected it internally again in my HTPC and voila relief it appears as normal and is fully accessible Both TB drives are identical so I can t for the life of me figure out what s up with the troublesome one They re both formatted the same as NTFS Basic disks with no errors etc Hope someone can help me out nbsp

A:Peculiar issue with sata hard drive when changed from internal to usb enclosure

Sounds like the enclosure may be bad, what model is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/peculiar-issue-with-sata-hard-drive-when-changed-from-internal-to-usb-enclosure.915588/
Relevancy 51.17%

I purchased and returned to Newegg the following Thermaltake N US Aluminum amp Plastic quot Silver USB amp eSATA External Enclosure I unsuccessfully used a TB Seagate HDD in the enclosure I note that the USB worked without a problem though slow compared to what eSATA should do None of my mobo's three eSATA ports recognized the drive enclosure Yes I went through device manager Device Manager - Scan for hardware changes tried three different eSATA cables have ACHI enabled in the bios etc etc I note that my system's HD RAID WD Caviar MB MB cache drives TB That set up works just fine I've checked with CyberPower who reported the bios was set properly Can anyone give me some help - please I'm about ready to throw in the towel In advance thank you for your assistance I love everything else about Win Pro recognizing not HDD enclosure System eSata and my computer so if this stumbling block could be removed that would be great

A:System not recognizing eSata HDD enclosure

do you use a JMicron controller? If so you need to install the raid drivers for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/62515-system-not-recognizing-esata-hdd-enclosure.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi seven forum,
I have a couple of drives to scarf data from and bought a iomagic enclosure last week.
I have used autorun in my xp lenovo it engaged and grabbed the 8g fine.
The newer drive, from a lap with xp shows only a text file "ImageIt4Err" that when opened shows 1 line
only as follows,, "CreateFile(),File:.\it41.cpp,Line:601"
I have properties listed as significant, but this is the only thing read! any thoughts appreciated.

A:enclosure shows only a lone file when opened

Hi buginmyear,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Looks like I have a buginmyeyes and additionally a buginmybrains.

You copied 8GB of data to drive 1 in your enclosure from PC 1.

Now when you connect that drive 1 in your enclosure to PC 2, you see only some nonsensical file instead of that sensical 8GB of data copied.

Is that what you mean?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350012-enclosure-shows-only-lone-file-when-opened.html
Relevancy 50.74%

The SFC is stopping at one file and asking for the CD and it then tells me it is the wrong CD even though it isn't.

I thought I had fixed this by putting file I386 from the CD to my HD in C:\Windows.

I have no way of knowing which file is causing the problem - unlike SFC in Win98 where one could see exactly which files were affected. Is there any way of knowing which file is the problem?

Thanks

A:Solved: System File Checker issue

You are prompted to insert a Windows XP SP2 CD when you try to run the System File Checker tool on a Windows XP SP2-based computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=900910

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-system-file-checker-issue.607724/
Relevancy 50.74%

Facing issue while running System Recovery Disk 1....  File Copy Fails From E:\PRELOAD\BASE22.swmTo Z:\RM\IMAGE\BASE.22.swm process freezed at 22% and From E:\PRELOAD\BASE21.swmTo Z:\RM\IMAGE\BASE.21.swm Process freezed at 17% no external device attached .....Recovery Discs are also verified by HP support executive. What to do now ???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-File-Copy-Issue/td-p/5640446
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 500gb kaser storage vault and its usb2 compatable but i only get usb1 transfer speeds. I have sp3 installed, I've updated drivers for the drive, i installed a new usb2 driver, i made sure the usb2 setting in the bios was on, i've uninstalled all my usb devices and restarted my computer with them plugged in, i have an inhanced usb controller but whatever port i plug into it says high speed device plugged into a nonhigh speed port. Im stuck and have nowhere else to turn. any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:500GB Kaser Storage Vault slow transfer speed

Obviously you are plugging it into a USB 2 port on your computer?
Some older computers only had USB2 at the back, and USB1.1 at the front

Actually do this:

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/500gb-kaser-storage-vault-slow-transfer-speed.116106/
Relevancy 50.74%

I purchased a new Coolmax CN- this week and it s incredibly slow The data transfer rates to it range from Mbps to Mbps Everything else on my network performes at a full Mbps and there are no addiction hubs switches or routers involved I have already tried using a different Cat e network cable power cycling all (Network CN-550 Speed Problem Access Storage) Coolmax NAS Drive devices on the network etc There is a brand new Western Digital Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem RPM Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem gig HDD inside with MB cache There doesn t seem to be any firmware updates for the CN- available Has anyone had a similar problem with this device or other NAS hardware Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Information Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem on the hardware can be found here http www coolmaxusa com productDetailsNetwork asp item cn- I m at a complete loss as to what could be causing the poor performance I ve attempted to contact the manufacturer via their email protected support email address but have not received any response nbsp

A:Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem

One thing I forgot to mention is when I plug the NAS directly into a USB port the transfer rates are exactly what you would expect from a USB 2.0 device. It's only when it's being used over the network that it's so slow. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/coolmax-cn-550-nas-network-access-storage-drive-speed-problem.445347/
Relevancy 50.31%

I created a Storage pool with the following setup. Three 3TB drives with parity all in an external enclosure with eSata and USB 2/3 ports. It was connected via USB when created and had production data loaded and tested without any issues.
After a few days of use I decided to see what happened when I tried to access it via the eSata port. No luck, due to a driver on the eSata card issue with Win 8. So I powered all back down and plugged back in via USB. At this point the Storage pool went
into the state as per the screenshot below. Any suggestions to either fix the issue and/or retrieve the data that is in the volume?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/350c9231-e828-4832-aa53-890a2950f947/storage-pool-error-drive-or-storage-space-issues-check-the-physical-drives-and-storage-spaces?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 50.31%

Good evening I've had recurring BSODs over the past issue? error possible system BSOD memory or File - few weeks Last week I was unable to start the system because it would BSOD while booting up or after the boot up was completed within a few minutes Luckily I had a full system image backup from December th I recovered the system via the backed up image Acronis and so far the system had been working as expected This evening after I got back home I BSOD - File system error or possible memory issue? realized my system had BSODed again after maybe days of continual use without any BSODs Thankfully a dump file was created and here I am hoping to resolve the issue I have a dual boot system with Linux Mint on an SSD and a couple of other Linux distros running inside VMs When Windows was not functional I used Linux for almost a week or so without any issues So I'm not sure if it's a memory issue or a hard drive issue I've had the system for a little over a year now i k GB Hard drives installed WD TB - All media and current backups C - TB Segate RPM HD Windows GB SSD - Linux amp other distros Thank you for all your help

A:BSOD - File system error or possible memory issue?

You only have one recent dump,

Code:
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800c5e3f98, fffff8800c5e37f0, fffff88001281419}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------
Here's a bigger problem though,

Code:
Host Name: DEVA
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: JEDI
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00010
Original Install Date: 10/30/2013, 3:21:10 PM
System Boot Time: 2/24/2015, 9:54:12 PM
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
System Type: x64-based PC
Counterfeit installations such as yours contained heavily modified code that causes the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSOD's and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is very unreliable. For this reason, many analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing, and make subsequent diagnosis of BSOD's far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation, and are still experiencing BSOD's, we will be happy to help you solve them

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362496-bsod-file-system-error-possible-memory-issue.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This post is mainly to answer a PM query publicly just can t find the originating thread AND to invite opinions amp original better ideas especially since we re all on Speed, Safety 4 Data Efficiency, Improved Multi-Partittioning Storage new ground re Vista quote how i would get my system to run faster and safer using a multi disk system do you happen to have a guide i can follow for this BTW sorry for the late reply--been juggling too many projects lately Multi-Partittioning 4 Improved Speed, Storage Efficiency, Data Safety Also while I am running Vista have not YET added multi-boots partitions to it I just don t have the necessary troubleshooting amp Vista beta-testing time to spare these days as witnessed by just the lateness of this reply alone However i have multibooted ALL other MS OS between win amp K as well as Ubuntu Linux Let s first set some goals amp basic ground rules but first a warning-- on Vista this will be very labor-intensive not just due to Vista s changes but because before we could utilize in particular an app called COA and as well TweakUI Here s an example of Users in Vista http joshmouch wordpress com change-user-profile-folder-location-in-vista Note how that is only good for subsequent users so it behooves one to do this in the very beginning after install actually better in a script during unattended install look at posts amp here http forums techarena in showthread php t Since bit is almost here amp will immediately obsolete tons of systems let s get the most high-end system our price-point budget allows hopefully mobo can take gb ram has GB not MB Lan pci-e sata dual quad sli etc NOW practically NONE of above is necessary on bit OS amp software Put in as many hard disks as you can we should ALL have disks each try to make them all the same type performance level-- whether pata on one extreme or the latest fastest sata II fast rpm largest buffer We ALWAYS recommend buying hard drives in pairs for hardware failure data recovery purposes when one drive gets toasted you may be able to swap circuit board with its twin model in order to recover data Manufacturer warranty is usually helpless or at least time consuming and or costly oftentime when your drive goes that drive is no longer manufactured-- when you contact them they ll just offer to swap your flummoxed drive with a nice newer model which does not help you to recover your data Yes there are dedicated places that carry older hard disk models-- but they know why you seek them out and price them accordingly Apps needed A We suggest you download or request free Live CD of Ubuntu http www ubuntu com getubuntu We find its partition utility very easy to use you can just run the install routine and stop right after having partitioned Although an added bonus is that the latest Ubuntu has added many Windows-like features B For all windows before Vista get the latest TweakUI AND PcMag utility COA particularly the latter one You will need these to help migrate folders CAVEAT Migrating folders should mean copying not moving folder then deleting contents of original you ll have to decide if you want to back it up prior to and or after changing location BUT leaving it in place-- some apps both Windows amp third party may still expect to find folder in original location amp may just not work you can then easily monitor the folder amp be able to tell which app added something then tell it either within its settings or registry location about the changed folder location Why do we want so many partitions disks It s way better to have too many partitions amp hard drives amp to do this as soon as feasable on new blank system A The smaller the partitions the better for cluster size fragmentation amp access time reasons B Not all OS apps get notified of partition changes C It s entirely feasible for someone to be needing to run all the following OS win x legacy apps k or xp present main stable OS vista either forced on new system or just to try the new os k longhorn s... Read more

A:Multi-Partittioning 4 Improved Speed, Storage Efficiency, Data Safety

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-partittioning-4-improved-speed-storage-efficiency-data-safety.578159/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was out of town for a week and came back to my computer off and unable to boot back up I've been able to get this much information quot the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM quot and using the CHKDSK command reports at completed that quot The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable quot Using the original XP installation disk I've tried to use the Recovery Console I only get as far as the screen asking which windows installation I want to use Initially I had two HDDs and thought the issue might be there but even disconnecting the other so that there is only one option to console System missing/corrupt, file issue recovery using select I'm not able to get past this prompt I type quot quot for the installation detected press enter and ever hours later nothing has happened Trying to use this HDD as an external drive to just recover software or see if the bad file assuming it's the only one can be replaced the drive is seen as unformated Any suggestions to try would be greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-file-missing-corrupt-issue-using-recovery-console-1069514.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 48.16%

I know a version of this forum has been started on here, but everything I have read, it is being said that they need to use the OS disc and run the repair and all that. But this is a Netbook with no CDROM drive. USB and SDcard drives, that's all. Is it possible to repair this without the CD? Even the onscreen message is the same message everyone gets, "You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the Original Setup CD-ROM." But no drive to do this.
It is an ASUS Netbook
OS is XP

A:Boot issue on netbook, missing or corrupted file Windows\System32\Config\System

Do you have or can borrow an external DVD drive? Then go into the BIOS and change the order so that USB is first boot option. Samsung and Lite-on do USB powered DVD RW drives made to use with netbooks, no doubt they could see a market for them with the millions of netbooks being sold ! Then you need an OS disc of the type you are using, and you can try a repair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-issue-on-netbook-missing-or-corrupted-file-windows-system32-config-system.154280/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys
Recently purchased a new laptop, I have a creative zen which I have been using with Nomad explored to copy some music files from my pc to the laptop in the My Music File.
I have now got to a point where I can not seem to transfer any more music files across, I keep getting a box up that says

There is not enough storage space on either the detination disk or the temporily folder at c:\docume~1\andysc~1\locals~1\temp\CTJBNS\copy
please up more disk space and try again.

I have over 100GB free on the HDD and had a look at the quote's bit after right clicking on mycomputer (not to familiar with this) but everything looks ok.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Cheers
Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/storage-issue.83786/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys and girls and first off thanks for your time in even reading this and even more if you reply with some suggestions Ok so I'm not sure when this started happening but I believe to my best memory that it has something to do when I was playing around with switching my DVD drive and HDD I'll explain So my PC setup isn't the cleanest Help! Issue. Storage and best I'll be the first to admit it I Help! Storage Issue. don't have enough SATA cables and since I don't really use a DVD anymore I just use them all for my HDD's and SDD One day though I needed to use my DVD player so I unhooked the SATA to my least important HDD which is where I store all my media and used my DVD player and everything was fine I re-plugged in my HDD and I THINK I have to stress the THINK bit here that this is when the problem first started occurring I found that the media stored in that location is still fine to be played however I can't modify anything I can't create new folders can't delete anything nor can I move any data around on that drive However I was able to successfully copy files across to another drive When I try to scan the drive with the issue I get an error message stating There was a problem with scanning this drive Windows was unable to scan the drive Close this dialogue box and then try to scan the drive again If the problem persists scan and repair the drive em If I click more details the event log shows this Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot Checking file system on E The shadow copy provider had an error Check the System and Application event logs for more information A snapshot error occured while scanning this drive You can try again but if this problem persists run an offline scan and fix em I click close to that dialogue box and then try scan and repair which will stop of the way through If I try to run the repair after the next reboot then it freezes at restarting the PC places it in an endless cycle until I press a button during the frustratingly low second window to press a key I can see the properties of all the folders and files in the drive and security settings appear to be the same as the other drives not having any issues When I try to delete a file I get the error message the file is too large for the destination file system And I only get the option to skip the file resulting in nothing being done I also noted that in the recycle bin are about videos that were originally from the drive with the issue and that they won't empty from the recycle bin either Every time I try to empty it they re-appear So just to clarify it is my E drive causing this issue My specs are as follows ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name AARONS-PC Operating System Windows -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model Z X-UD H-B BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel reg Core i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------------------ Disk amp DVD CD-ROM Drives ------------------------ Drive C Free Space GB Total Space GB File System NTFS Model Corsair Force SSD Drive D Free Space GB Total Space GB File System NTFS Model SAMSUNG HD SJ Drive E Free Space GB Total Space GB File System NTFS Model WDC WD EZRX- MMMB Drive W Free Space GB Total Space GB File System NTFS Model SAMSUNG HD SJ

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531829/help-storage-issue/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi - I have a low spec notebook with Windows preinstalled Low spec is fine for my purposes but my GB SSD Storage Space Issue is almost full and this seems to be stopping Windows Storage Space Issue from updating Actually I have GB of free space which I assumed would be sufficient for the update but apparently not But there is another related issue When I check storage space under settings there is GB referred to as quot other quot When Storage Space Issue I open this category it reveals folders and sizes These sizes hardly add to GB so I investigated further When I open these folders and check properties most of the sizes Storage Space Issue above are correct The exception is C eSupport Within this folder there are two subfolders - 'eDriver' GB and 'Manual' MB So this explains a portion of the GB - perhaps - but where is the rest Can anyone tell me how to regain some or all of the 'phantom' GB under the category of 'other'

A:Storage Space Issue

I'm not sure on the other files, but if your device has a SD slot, you could pick up and SD pretty cheap and move some stuff over to free up space.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35623-storage-space-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Spec :win98se ,
40Gb 2.5inch External Drive in Sony Vaoi Case and
Seagate built Drive .
Written on board : Myson Century
cs88186
0424a36001

hey ,

I have usb mass storage device which is not appearing in win 98se.
It was a yellow starred unknown device then after a few ms updates

it is recognised in the device manger but does not appear as a drive in 'my computer'

It works perfectly in my college XP computer as a popup new device.

any ideas ?
I received no drivers with the device .

thanks in advance ,

mike

Relevancy 47.73%

When I boot up my computer several of my removable drives: SD Card etc. are not recognized. When I click on "my computer" the drives are not listed any more? It still finds the floppy drive and both CD Drives. Any ideas?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi

My partner and I are working on a project, i am doing the offline edit and he is doing the online. we need to be able to share the folders, we have a nas server though it is not fast enough to edit off. he needs to be able to do some online editing while i do offline editing. i was looking into perhaps a hot swap sata drive, though this still would not solve our sharing issue.

we currently run windows xp. Any information on what we should do or about SATA drives would be very helpful. also can SATA drives have RAID backups and if the drive corrupts will this RAID still have the undamaged backup on it? My MOBO is an asus p5kpl-cm is this even hot swappable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-storage-issue.906014/
Relevancy 47.73%

Michigan vs Utah Live Stream

A:storage space becomes an issue

Ball State vs VMI Live Stream

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/storage-space-becomes-an-issue.1155186/
Relevancy 47.73%

Windows is really making me upset lately with the forced windows upgrade dialogues nbsp issue pool storage and all Today I got some hard drives in the mail along with a usb enclosure all together drives TB each From what I understood windows storage spaces was supposed to be similar to raid I heard there was something like raid and so I thought storage pool issue this would be great I could have big TB drive So I went to set this up and the first thing I noticed was the raid was nothing like storage pool issue normal raid There is no speed increase it just morphs all the drives into one drive with no performance increase and all the chance of data loss without parity So I decided to do disk parity oh boy doing that let me have only TB of usable space as TB went to redundancy for disk I really don't understand that as in normal raid only disk would be used for redundancy but in this case almost full disks out of are being used for redundancy Anyways the major issue I have is the whole thing is being spun down and put into some power saver mode every minutes regardless of what I have things set to I turned of hard disk spin down in power options turned of usb power saving in power options and a tried to use a tool that claims to keep disks awake in windows This is really getting me upset as every few minutes when I go to use my external hard drive I have to wait seconds for all the disks to spin up in the storage pool and for windows to recognize it This is not making me happy any help would be appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0cd14e6c-001c-40ad-b61d-0650cd1a6ac1/storage-pool-issue?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 47.73%

I am getting a pop up message stating my storage is almost full.  I only have 2mb left of 918gb of storage.  Over 800 of it is in the system files.  I upgraded to windows 10 quite a while ago and don't really have that much used in other areas
of my computer.  Why would my system files be so high?  I did the clean up like it suggested and got rid of the old windows 8 files.  What is going on with this?  There doesn't seem to be a virus or anything....  HELP!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5d9a3ced-0637-4831-90c9-6dd632143439/storage-issue-with-windows-10?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 47.73%

my laptop keeps telling me that its low on storage space but there's nothing in the recycle bin there aren't really any large programs installed either. I cant even install the tsg sysinfo program its a DELL inspiron N5050 Please help me!!!

Relevancy 47.73%

I have an IDE storage drive E that was installed in an XP system I had it set up to have all the Windows settings files Documents and Settings folder saved on it as the boot drive was almost maxed out Just last night when the computer was booted up Windows could not load the settings from that drive and said that it needed to be formatted I removed the drive plugged it into my system and did some diagnostics on it with XP and the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows see UBCD Win com The diagnostic results were not consistent XP Disk Management shows it as an unformatted but Healthy Storage Issue Drive Active drive Some of the UBCD Win diagnotics showed it was formatted as FAT and others showed it as unformatted but I never could see the data on it The drive was in my daughter s computer which was formerly mine The only things on it that were of value to me were some old Storage Drive Issue digital photos that I would like to somehow retrieve On the other hand my daughter has a few things on it she would like to get back I am planning to purchase an IDE to USB converter and try to access it with a MAC Previously I was able to successfully transfer all data from a failing laptop drive with a MAC using the same setup My Windows computer s if I remember correctly either couldn t see or access the data on that drive but the MAC could and was able to transfer it I m hoping for the same result this time But my question is this Is there a way for me to determine whether this drive is failing or has failed or if this drive was somehow Storage Drive Issue wiped and or reformatted by some type of virus or malware I heard some noises from the drive when it was in my daughter s computer causing me to think it was failing but it s been very quiet after plugging it into my system It is spinning and showing up in My Computer but anytime I try to access it Windows tells me it needs formatting Obviously I am interested in the future viability of this drive Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello People,
This is my first post and I hope you will not disappoint me. I have a relatively simple question.

I've a 160 GB SATA HD. I've partioned into TWO "C" AND "D". Each having 74.5gb storage capacity.

However when I check the properties my C drive it says "TOTAL SPACE 74.5gb and FREE SPACE is 64.5Gb"

Now when I double click the C drive and enter into C and select all "program files" , "windows" etc etc and right click and say properties it says the total size of all the folders is a mere 4.5GB.
So 74.5Gb minus 4.5Gb should give you 74Gb FREE..... why does it show me only 64.5Gb FREE...... where is the other 10Gb gone?
Please help.

A:Hard Disk storage issue!

Hello Person,
1. When you select all the files in your C: drive and get their properties you are really only seeing the properties for the "unhidden" files. By default Explorer ahs certain system files hidden from the user.

2. You setup C: partition to = 74.5gb and D partition to = 74.5gb leaving leaving 11gb of free space of your 160gb hard drive. You should be able to setup a third partition using the last 11gb on your hard drive.

Hope that lived up to your expectations....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-storage-issue.423547/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have just done a clean install of Win7on my sony lappy. Everything looks ok apart from an exclamation mark on a mass storage controller listed under 'other devices'.

Its not my hard drive as that is listed as ok under disc drives, so any ideas? Downloaded several drivers from the sony site, bt none seem to have any effect.

Thanks

Andy

A:Mass storage controller issue

Quote: Originally Posted by andygo

I have just done a clean install of Win7on my sony lappy. Everything looks ok apart from an exclamation mark on a mass storage controller listed under 'other devices'.

Its not my hard drive as that is listed as ok under disc drives, so any ideas? Downloaded several drivers from the sony site, bt none seem to have any effect.

Thanks

Andy

Hey Andy

You mobo probably has RAID support. you can find out be going into device manager to the unknown device>right click>go to proerties>details>pull down> hardware IDS. take the hardware ID and google it. It will tell you who the mfr is and then you can get the driver.

Hope this helps

KEnn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42283-mass-storage-controller-issue.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm looking to add some more hard drives to my computers, however, they seem to be full at the moment in terms of space (not TB, but actual space to put them). What would be the cheapest way to expand my storage? I'd also like to use it in a network configuration which streams files to my TV using the PS3 media server. I'm currently using around 10 TB worth of hard drives.

A:Expanding storage, looking for best solutions to this issue

An external raid device that support eSATA is probably your best bet.
Decent ones don't come cheap, but unlike a NAS they will be seen as part of your system and thus the media streaming shouldn't be anymore complex than it would be from a internal drive. It would also require a proper eSATA card.
Newegg.com - Cavalry eSATA 8-bay RAID 0/0+1/ 5/JBOD Enclosure (EN-CADA8B-SD)

NAS is another option , a cheaper one.
It will always be on and connected to the network, however they are very pricey if you are looking for the kind of massive storage space you are apparently interested in. (600+ american dollars)
Smaller ones 2TB or less are actually quite affordable though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/192429-expanding-storage-looking-best-solutions-issue.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,
Since 2 weeks I have a strange USB storage driver issue.
Notice that it works perfectly before (as usual before not work :-))
This issue occurs with all my USB storages devices (Disk, Key) from a lot of different manufacturer (transcend, Kingston,...).

The symptom ==> see USB1, USB2 and USB3.jpg uploaded files
DriverMax not show an USB driver update.

sfc /scannow = no integrity violation

I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bits on a lenovo W510.

A new idea will be appreciate.

Tks.

A:Storage USB devices driver issue

Quote: Originally Posted by polux220

Hi all,
Since 2 weeks I have a strange USB storage driver issue.
Notice that it works perfectly before (as usual before not work :-))
This issue occurs with all my USB storages devices (Disk, Key) from a lot of different manufacturer (transcend, Kingston,...).

The symptom ==> see USB1, USB2 and USB3.jpg uploaded files
DriverMax not show an USB driver update.

sfc /scannow = no integrity violation

I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bits on a lenovo W510.

A new idea will be appreciate.

Tks.

Hello polux and welcome to the forum

Have a look at this; Solution to USB error code found, just need help finishing it. - Tech Support Guy Forums

I hope this helps please post back about how you get on

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/155325-storage-usb-devices-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Although I am one of the many people who have not been able to activate Microsoft s Windows upgrade icon and assistant I am fairly confident that my W Tablet is OK for the new OS except in one respect --- available storage It only has a GB SSD most of which is taken up by Windows leaving at present about GB whereas GB free HDD space is required I have been using a variety of strategies for issue 'small devices' storage W10 to reduce demands on the HD but so far without much success in particular replacing desktop programs with portable programs on the integral Memory Card using Cloud storage for files and of course removing unnecessary programs apps I have seen a brief rumour that MS is working on ways to help owners of small devices with restricted HD storage W10 storage issue for 'small devices' Tablets and phones Has anyone heard about this If I understand it right once I have W on my Tablet my storage difficulties will be reduced as I will have W10 storage issue for 'small devices' greater ability to save and install everything including Store apps to different locations such as a Memory Cards I welcome advice for those of us with small devices who may be facing difficulties with getting W installed in the first place For example what are the pros W10 storage issue for 'small devices' cons of the two methods using update or using an ISO image nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have finally given up so I am posting this. I have an issue in which no USB mass storage devices work on my system. I have tried my BlackBerry, IPod, multiple USB jump drives and a SATA dock. They system recognizes them but won?t install them and they show a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager. The USB ports work as I can use a webcam, scanner or mouse in the same port with no issues. I used a program called DriverMax to make sure all my drivers were up to date but that did not help. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Attached is a report from DriveMax of what drivers are installed.

A:USB Mass Storage Issue Windows 7 x64

Welcome to the Seven Forums! texusn

Most likely since the ports are known to be working something is preventing the detection process on those particular items. For the external dock and flash drives once plugged in you should be seeing a popup for running things or viewing the file content.

The two images here what to look for when in the Disk Management for either a drive when present in the docking station or when plugging in a flash drive and displayed in the DM there. The two screens attached here will show that the drive in the external enclosure is being seen as "online" otherwise a right click to find that option rather then setting it to offline would be needed as well as right clicking a second time to assign a drive letter.

This usually is all it takes at first to see any new drive or device initialized. When opening up an explorer afterwards you should be seeing the new drive icon with the drive letter selected in view. As far as DriverMax or any other 3rd party driver locator those are generally a waste of time to begin with since this is a Windows related item not a driver concern as far as detection and automatic installation to make things active. Once detected properly you would see a prompting if any drivers are needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/99805-usb-mass-storage-issue-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am having problems with my drive just locking up i e in LOTRO at intermittent times my monitor will shut down and the game will freeze along with the computer as a whole I don t get an error report when I reboot and I go on to happening again controller issue Intel storage It has also frozen when a Google map is clicked in a search I checked my drivers and found that I apparently have Intel storage controller issue chipset drivers out of date Ultra ATA storage controller and USB AGP controller I went to Intel and downloaded the Intel storage controller issue latest INF installer utility install it properly even using the -OVERALL flag It still installs a driver that is dated older than what is being reported as the newest driver FB ver vs ver I can t figure Intel storage controller issue out if this is my problem Why is Intel reporting a newer version of a driver but I can t seem to actually find that version and get it installed nbsp

A:Intel storage controller issue

maybe I should have posted this at a better time to get more views?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-storage-controller-issue.647384/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a machine on which xp is installed at the momen, it has some big files and all datat is scattered here and there, So, no chance I can format it completely, though I installed the xp-repair install which fixes the system32 errors. It fixed the PC freezing issue. But, two problems are still nagging me.
First, my dvd-ram drive is not working, the icon appears as dvd-ram, but, the moment I insert any disc the dvd ram logo changes from this to this and then it even stops taking eject command.
Second, I am not able to access my flash drive. Its says this.

And the thing is in safe mode my dvd-ram and flash drive both are working fine. Please help

SOrry if i have posted it in the wrong section cuz i am confused its the hardware issue or the os issue-- move this here if i did confuse http://forums.techguy.org/21-windows-xp/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/devices-removable-storage-issue.887783/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys,

Got an issue with trying to use my ipod as a usb mass storage device. I connect it, then it automatically syncs with my itunes, and ejects itself.
That means if I want to drag files over I have to get it done in this short period of time. Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

A:iPod issue - when using as mass storage

Try this - open iTunes go to Edit > preferences > click on the syncing tab, tick the box "disable automatic syncing for all iphones and ipods"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ipod-issue-when-using-as-mass-storage-296963.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Everyone I have an interesting problem I have upgraded my office computer from Win XP to Vista Enterprise After doing this I did not have many problems but now seem to be having a huge issue I tried to install Microsoft Money but it was throwing some Storage Issue and Vista Memory errors Long story short Microsoft Tech Support did a few things remotely and now Vista Storage and Memory Issue I can barely use Vista Storage and Memory Issue the computer And I am not about to wait on hold and go through all that mess again Vista Storage and Memory Issue I am unable to open applications and rds of the Control and System functions do not work in Normal or Safe Mode Most services will not start I am intrigued because when I try to open an application such as Office or even install uninstall anything I get the message Not Enough Storage is available to complete this operation x E Upon many hours of searching online I have not found any answers There was mention of a hotfix for this and I attempted to install but alas same error I cannot view any Windows Updates as that was my first thought on this issue I have already cleared Offline Files System Restore and Shadow Copy at least I tried to but I don't think that it worked I have tried running as a local user and as Administrator Neither account seems to be better than the other AVG Virus Scan shows nadda as well as Anti Spyware showing nothing Another side note after this started my C Drive seemed to fill up very quickly It was almost maxed out and this is very unusual as I store most of my information off on externals I have run the Windows Mem Test and Checkdisk with no errors in either I also ran PC-SMART test on the mainboard memory hard drives and CPU all passed with flying colors Again this issue has only cropped up in the past few days Is there any help out there for someone stuck in this situation Thanks in advance Computer Specs Gateway P Ghz with GB of RAM Hard Drives Primary GB with at least GB free used to have over GB Free Secondary Drive with GB Free Thanks again Marc

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/127836-vista-storage-memory-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have this issue going on since i installed windows -- bit on a new partition Firstly In the 'device manager' I see 'Mass Storage Mass Storage driver Controller issue Controller' which shows me a yellow sign of exclaimation amp the following message pops up when 'right clicked' on 'properties' ''The drivers for this device are not installed Code There Mass Storage Controller driver issue is no driver selected for the device information set or element To find a driver for this device click Update Driver'' Secondly In the 'device manager' below the 'Mass Storage Controller' name driver it shows a name driver Mass Storage Controller driver issue called 'Unknown Device' again with yellow sign of exclaimation as mentioned above amp When 'right clicked' on its properties I get the same error message as mentioned above Mass Storage Controller driver issue Thirdly None of the External buttons on my laptop for web cam volume etc present are working They only work with my vista OS but not with windows Now What drivers do u recommend amp Where can i find the specific drivers for windows beta to function without any further driver issues or other issues as mentioned above Also When i plug in my usb external hard drive it shows me a message ''Do u want to scan the drive or continue without scanning'' amp i tried both the ways methods but still my files stored in usb e xternal hard drive drive freeze amp therefore dont respond immediately when i try to view or open them Did reinstall update everything but couldnt solve it Would really appreciate any help Thanks amp looking forward for it

A:Mass Storage Controller driver issue

Hi,Download a program called DRIVER MAX ,it should tell you what you need and install the drivers for you ,it is a free program,hope it helps you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4032-mass-storage-controller-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all, I've had an issue for some time with my Intel 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. I'm running Win10 Pro 64 and updated earlier this year from Win7 Pro 64. I use Driver Genius to scan my drivers for updates and I got a message back in May to update to Ver. 14.8.9.1053 dated 4/21/16, but it failed to load quoting error code 1603. I currently have Ver. 14.8.7.1051 from 03/0//2016.

From time to time I've retried with no success and going to the Intel site is no help as it lists a Ver. 8.5 (driver ver. 14.5.0.1081 from 6/03/15) which sounds like it hasn't been updated for a while.

Anyone else run into this or can suggest a solution? Thanks.

A:Intel Rapid Storage driver issue

Originally Posted by thekelt

Hi all, I've had an issue for some time with my Intel 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. I'm running Win10 Pro 64 and updated earlier this year from Win7 Pro 64. I use Driver Genius to scan my drivers for updates and I got a message back in May to update to Ver. 14.8.9.1053 dated 4/21/16, but it failed to load quoting error code 1603. I currently have Ver. 14.8.7.1051 from 03/0//2016.

From time to time I've retried with no success and going to the Intel site is no help as it lists a Ver. 8.5 (driver ver. 14.5.0.1081 from 6/03/15) which sounds like it hasn't been updated for a while.

Anyone else run into this or can suggest a solution? Thanks.

I removed mine months ago, and have seen no problems since. But I do run SSD's on my rig.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66962-intel-rapid-storage-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok so i recently Deleted all Local Storage on Adobe Flash, and it totally ruined a webpage for me.

Issues.

-Images refuse to cache in firefox/Showup in wrong positions.
-This persists in every browser.
-Ive tried disabling ad block extension yet failed.
-Tried running firefox in safe mode yet failed.
-Tried editing about:config yet failed.
-Even enabled java & flash on that specific webpage and it still will not show up correctly.
-It was working perfectly fine until i cleared the local storage like a moron.

Why wont the page show up correctly? Even after 2 PC Reboots and a clean firefox Reinstall?

I inspected one of the images and it says "Unknown (not cached)".

A:Flash player Local Storage Issue.

Same problem with a different computer?

If so, can you post the URL of the problem webpage?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572879/flash-player-local-storage-issue/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I am new here have been quot lurking quot for a week or so amp have been overwhelmed with the amount of information on here I have been searching for an answer to this problem for awhile now amp have never been able to get to the bottom of it Forgive if this has been covered before but I could not find any reference to it by searching Well I have this friend no really D that has a recuring problem GB HD partitioned ways He keeps the video on the last partition F drive which is GB The issue is that when this partition gets nearly full of video he gets a quot virtual memory quot error If he deletes moves video off of this part making more room on it the error goes away Sys restore is only turned on for the quot C quot drive I don t understand what is going on here since the partition is basically just a storage area Why would there be a virtual memory problem on just a storage drive if the paging file is on quot C quot The quot C quot drive is kept fairly clean not maxed out Any ideas on this one Thanks in advance masterpc

A:Virtual Memory Issue - Too Much On Storage Drive?

I suspect what is happening is that there isn't sufficient free space on the F drive to perform operations with files (especially large ones).

Windows needs free space on the drive to manipulate files - and it's generally recommended that there be at least 15% free space on each drive to ensure that this doesn't happen (9 gB free in your friend's case).

But, since this is a generalization, you may even require more free space when working with very large files (such as videos).

I've seen hard drives so full that files couldn't be deleted. This required that the owner search the hard drive and order the search results by size - then start by deleting the smallest files first and working all the way up to the bigger files - a genuine, 4 square PITA!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70062/virtual-memory-issue-too-much-on-storage-drive/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys new to the forum and trying to solve a Gaming Windows During - Crashing with 7 Storage issue really odd problem I've got a build that has been running smoothly for a while and over the last month or two I've started getting random crashes during gaming It will either be Windows 7 Crashing with Storage issue - During Gaming an audio-loop frozen screen or sometimes a brown screen that hangs for a minute then display driver crashed and it kicks back in after an alt-tab Here is the error I continuously get from Event Viewer I am trying to figure out how Intel Rapid Storage is affecting it I tried going to https downloadcenter intel com download Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver and updating my Rapid Windows 7 Crashing with Storage issue - During Gaming Storage and it told me my system wasn't compatible with it I am pretty versed in building my own rigs and seldom have problems I can't solve I am starting to think this one is maybe hardware failing Faulting application name Windows 7 Crashing with Storage issue - During Gaming IAStorDataMgrSvc exe version time stamp x b f Faulting module name ISDI dll version time stamp x b b Exception code xc Fault offset x d f Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x d d a a f Faulting application path C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Faulting module path C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology ISDI dll Report Id e a a- cc- e - -bc ff b c System info from DxDiag attached let me know what other info you need

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629824/windows-7-crashing-with-storage-issue-during-gaming/
Relevancy 46.44%

I've just bought a second-hand Asus 'Transformer' T100. This comes with Win8.1 and I would like to upgrade to 10. When I run the app it tells me I need more space. The tablet has 32GB in the screen (C:) and 500GB in the detachable keyboard (D:).
Obviously not all the 32GB is available but there's nothing I can remove as it's had a factory reset.
The online help I find tells me that the upgrade process should ask me to add external storage to enable the install but this is just not happening. It just keep telling me I don't have enough space. I have a USB stick I could use or (ideally) the 500GB HD in the keyboard.
Can anyone offer any help? (Bear in mind I am not very technical)

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/upgrading-win10-tablet-storage-issue-4596130/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there I have windows Enterprise x RTM an asus sabertooth z mobo I have installed windows in AHCI sata mode and it works flawlessly but I have a solid state drive for caching So I backed up my data changed to RAID mode in BIOS and proceeded to reinstall Windows installer sees my harddrives in raid mode and continues to Rapid issue Technology boot Intel Storage install fine And that's where fine ends I get blue screens before the personalization screens start quot winload exe is missing or corrupt quot Randomly this morning it just worked I got to my desktop and started installing drivers - worked fine Installed RST beta - rebooted and bluescreened quot a required device is missing or failed quot Now this is where things are unexplainable for me If I boot to my installation media and quit it at the first chance the system reboots and boots into windows flawlessly When I shutdown or restart windows - at the next boot it bluescreens but if I boot from my installation media and quit then it restarts and boots fine

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology boot issue

Hello Jim, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The intel Raid-Sata-Ata-Ahci RST 11.5.2.1001 WHQL version worked best for me. You might give them a try as well to see how they do for you at the Station Driver link below.

intel drivers pour Raid/Sata/Ata/Ahci

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/8516-intel-rapid-storage-technology-boot-issue.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Heya I shutdown USB resulting storage from unnormal issue mass ve got some issues with my usb devices I bought my comp years ago with a cordless keyboard which was few weeks later the first usb device to go unrecognized The problem seems to result from computer shutting down due to a reason other than manually doing it Pressing the power button if the comp freezes seems not to cause this but such from overheating or power blackout cause my computer to loose recognition on seemingly random usb device I have usb devices connected and yesterday I received the fatal blow My cable modem is connected through an usb wire because ethernet just USB mass storage issue resulting from unnormal shutdown doesn t seem to do its job The computer shut down unnormally resulting in the cable modem being reported as quot unknown quot under USB mass storage Thusly I cant use my internet at home The problem though seems to be sometimes fixed by moving the device to another port which I did with my cordless keyboard During some months I went through all ports with the keyboard and today all ports report the device unknown I would really like to fix this problem once and for all As short side story I once tried to fix it without any knowledge of what I was doing and I shut off one of the USB mass storage thingies that appear when windows reports the device not being recognized It resulted in complete loss of control over my usb devices meaning mouse and keyboard as well Goddamn I had hard time fixing it Continuing to work without any knowledge I stumbled upon bios where the devices worked and managed to gt gt gt gt gt gt turn OFF usb controls lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt and somehow all controls were restored although the initial problem remained Any thoughts nbsp

A:USB mass storage issue resulting from unnormal shutdown

I fixed the modem, somehow I had some driver for network stuff disabled and it formed connection through the ethernet cable when I enabled it. USB problem remains though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-mass-storage-issue-resulting-from-unnormal-shutdown.111613/
Relevancy 45.58%

Our company stores and serves large number of documents to numerous users simultaneously but there exists an imbalance in frequent access of a document. It gets worst with increased growth of data.
We need some solution with the help of which we could serve our documents more efficiently.
Please suggest.

A:Scalable File Storage

Are you using a fileserver

We do this where I work. We have a Public folder (a shared folder with its security set to Everyone), and each user has a personal sub-folder and some departments have their own sub-folder.

Fictitious examples:\Public\bnewhouse (personal folder, everyone can access)
\Public\Contracts (restricted to people in the Contracts Dept)
\Public\Newsletters (newsletter dept, everyone can access)
Users either create/edit a document on their workstation then copy/move the file to the fileserver where anyone can access it.

Or users create/edit a document directly on the fileserver.

We also have special folders within Public that have been set to restrict access to specific people or groups, therefore only those authorized can access the folder. We use special Groups (like a "Contracts" group) and just make individual users members of that group. Then \Public\Contracts would be restricted to that group ONLY.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/scalable-file-storage-303243.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone I have a small remote office that is needing a good file storage setup They ll be saving a lot of images I m trying to decide the best thing for them while trying to keep in within a certain budget Obviously the less that can be spent the better but they don t want to go with a cheap thrown together option They d like something that File storage ideas is either redundant or that will need to be backed up often I kind of figure if it s redundant like a RAID setup than a regular backup is as necessary However if it s just an external drive hanging off of a computer than backing it up often becomes a necessity Does that make sense There s the idea of using a File storage ideas RAID system like the DROBO or something cheaper a new workstation with huge internal drives shared over the network a huge external drive connected via USB and shared over the network etc We want an easy solution too not one that will require much ongoing administration An easy setup and minimal administration on anyone s part is preferred We ve spec d out a workstation idea for them and that will cost around This cost includes a couple of network drops The system has an internal GB drive and an external GB drive that would be used to back up the internal drive to What are you thoughts on a good way to accomplish this nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hey Gang I was trying to access a setup program from My Documents called Turbo Surfer IT was corrupted so I tried to see if I could access it from another disk I had an old backup that I made or years ago After cleaning the disk and cleaning the optical lens of my CD Burner I was able to find and access it However it seemed to have morphed It still has the same name and the same size - but instead of a blue cathode ray tube icon I see a plain white box icon with blue and gray trim When I try to open the blue box with white and gray trimming I get an error message saying Not a valid Win application quot I ve never heard of a file morphing on a storage disk but I guess it just happened to me Is there any way I can get this file back to its original condition I use Win SE and I have a CDRW and a DVDRW Thanks HULK nbsp

A:File Has Morphed While In Storage

Hiya

What happens if you try and access the CD in another pc? I don't mean install it, just check that its the normal icon, and that the error doesn't appear. If you can, try and find a Win98 pc, as thats what you're using now.

If its okay on another pc, have a look at this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q218617/

In Particular, these ones:

Make Sure You Are Using Protected Mode Drivers

Enable/Disable UDF Support

Disable DMA for the Drive

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-has-morphed-while-in-storage.314579/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi! I made a game with a program called GameMaker. I had it hosted, but the host (www.filein.com) went under construction about 4-5 months ago and all my data was lost . It hasn't been open since (if there is any info on when it will be open again, please let me know!) , so I turned to the GameMaker forums
The server must at least have a direct upload, (cgi bin) rather than sites asking for a link.
It has to hold at LEAST 20 mb
No file size upload limit
FREE!!!
Thankyou in advanced ^_~
P.S. Is there a program out there that will analyze a program and tell you what opperating systems it is compatible with? Its not that important, but it would help me get my game out on the market better.

A:Online file storage

search around here:
http://www.clickherefree.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/online-file-storage.246336/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey 7F,
Can anyone recommend any good online file storage's free of course.
I need somewhere to store my files and the only place I can think of is DropBox but am sure there are more out there?
Thanks
*Not sure if this is the right place to post this*

A:online file storage?

What size storage do you need? Google Drive might be an option too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274998-online-file-storage.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Yesterday, while investigating RAMdisks, and files in storage for temporary files I came across a couple of options on the file open call that could be used. One was "DeleteOnClose".

I can't recall the other option, but the explanation stated "the effect of this is that the file is kept only in RAM". I seem to recall that it had something to do with temporary files.

Can anyone help me locate this other option?

I've looked at every page in my browser history, but for some reason I haven't found the page...

A:Temporary file in storage

Sounds like the option to move Windows Temp Folder onto the disk. If you're going to mess about with RAMdisks I suggest having a system image backup and restore option in place before going ahead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368840-temporary-file-storage.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there's an accessible storage file, like index.dat, for the passwords IE asks you to save. And if there is, where is it located?

I know that they can be cleared through Internet Options but I just wanted to see how many and which ones are saved.

I'm running Windows XP SP1.

Thanks! I appreciate the help!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I downloaded the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Intel issue/corruption? Storage Driver Rapid Technology Driver from my motherboard's driver page thinking it was a newer version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver issue/corruption? the driver On running the setup exe I was prompted to remove the current driver or repair it I chose to remove thinking the new version would install after that Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver issue/corruption? The setup seemed to close after removing so I opened it up again but was greeted with the same prompts as before If I choose either remove or repair again I get an error message quot The installation source for this product is not available Verify that the source exists and that you can access it quot It's turns out the version I downloaded was not newer and was the same as I had currently installed Now I am unsure whether the driver is still installed The IRST software app that comes with this driver is no longer in my taskbar tray or anywhere to be found for that matter I don't seem to be able to re-install the driver due to the error I'm getting I tried the driver available at Intel instead but with this one I get an error quot fatal error during installation quot It seems as though the installation is corrupted

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-issue-corruption-1103162.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello To All I'm new this this form and new to windows I have a gateway mx with gb ram running a amd turion cpu I have loaded windows on this lapop and having a little trouble with the sound drivers Now first 7 on sounds Winows issue gateway & mx6421 storage mass off Gate tould me that my pci video wifi and ethernet ports would work Hmmm I have all my drivers working just Winows 7 on gateway mx6421 sounds issue & mass storage fine This thing is so fast It was never this fast with windows Xp pro media I have been looking to fix the sound and mass storage I have found a couple of places on line that say they have the Winows 7 on gateway mx6421 sounds issue & mass storage drivers I don't really trust these sites everytime I go to there sites my antivirus kicks in saying malware found so I'm here looking for help from people who realy know windows I have tried to download the drivers from the gateway site but not sure which driver are needed They do not list a mass storage driver is it under something else and the sound driver will down load but when I try and load it it comes up with conaxt failure I would like to know if there is a way to put vista sound drivers in place of driver I would really like to get this done I have brought this laptop back from the grave I have done what gateway siad could not been done They siad I needed a new laptop Well I'm on the laptop they said was dead and its working nbsp better than nbsp it ever was So if there is anyone out there that can give me any ideas at all it would really help I don't have the money for a ne laptop and this is nbsp just as good if not better than what I have nbsp sean in the stores Please let me know what you have done to fix this Thank you for any advise you can offer seatech nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/709ed115-f21f-43f9-8d3c-6434b03414c1/winows-7-on-gateway-mx6421-sounds-issue-amp-mass-storage?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I read some of the related threads on Shadow Storage for Vista but my problem seems unique enough to be new-thread worthy Here it goes I have a Compaq Presario CQ w GB of HD space and for the past few weeks maybe longer I noticed that my HD space was magically disappearing Last week I got rid of GB of music files and photos and was sure that would do the trick Then Solved: Issue? Disappearing Space Magically Storage Shadow HD -- I watched over the next few days as my disk space got gobbled up to the point where I essentially have nothing left I didn t install any new programs or download anything I did a quick tally this morning oand by my count I have around GB of stuff on my Crive So what happened to the other GB After a little research I found that this was a fairly common problem with Vista users and Solved: HD Space Magically Disappearing -- Shadow Storage Issue? it often had to do with Shadow Storage size I found some posts where people said that shadow storage had eaten up over Solved: HD Space Magically Disappearing -- Shadow Storage Issue? GB of their hard drive That s insane So I tried to resize my Shadow Storage through the command prompt And this is where I ve run into issues So here s what I ve done To see how much shadow storage being used on my PC I entered C Windows system gt vssadmin list shadowstorage It returned vssadmin - Volume Shadow Copy Service administrative command-line tool C Copyright - Microsoft Corp No items found that satisfy the query To resize the Shadow Storage limit I entered C Windows system gt vssadmin resize shadowstorage for c on c maxsize GB It returned vssadmin - Volume Shadow Copy Service administrative command-line tool C Copyright - Microsoft Corp Error The specified volume shadow copy storage association was not found Note I ve tried different GB size limits and I even tried typing in my quot D quot drive just for kicks but it always returned the same error message Any help would be greatly appreciated as I m literally out of HD space as I type this And I called Microsoft and they wanted to charge me for a year of Vista support I feel deleting more files is just putting a band-aid on the problem as I ll be right back to no storage space in a few days And while getting additional storage would probably help it just seems strange to me that I would need to do that when I should have GB available on my drive right now I will definitely be making a site donation if you guys can help me out Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: HD Space Magically Disappearing -- Shadow Storage Issue?

Figured out what was eating up all my HD space. It had nothing to do with Shadow Storage or anything Vista related.

It was actually trace files from Kaspersky AV 2014 (that I installed last month). Supposedly, by default, the trace function is disabled. But it was either turned on accidentally by me or there was a bug during installation which enabled it. So I disabled the trace function, deleted the trace files and grabbed back almost 150GB of space.

Just wanted to update the issue in case anyone else was flummoxed by vanishing HD issues. If you can't figure out what's going on, it might be your AV software!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hd-space-magically-disappearing-shadow-storage-issue.1120148/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a few ts files needed to convert. Before I use the Free Video converter, the converting process is too slow.
Any other success in using...?

A:Has anybody successfully converted the ts file to dvd file at a high speed?

We can do with the help of this
http://www.convertxtodvd.com-http.com/convert-ts-files-to-dvd.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-anybody-successfully-converted-the-ts-file-to-dvd-file-at-a-high-speed.926626/
Relevancy 45.15%

tranfer pic.from kodak cx6330 to compaq,computer,windows-Vista.code (0,5006,0) comes up.please help me.thanks-Ken

A:tranfer pic.

Provide some more details. Exactly how are you transferring the pictures? Easyshare? Wizard? Program? Straight Windows Copy/Paste?

I&#8217;ll be handing out candy to goblins shortly, but someone can probably help sooner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tranfer-pic.764768/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all Where I work we have several servers Our DC is probably pushing years old at least voicemail server security camera server File Servers and our quot tower of power quot which is Compaq Evos which serve as our WebCTRL servers and FTP server We have GB of storage between the file servers and are down to less than GB free space total We have recently purchased a new Large Format scanner and started an initiative to start storing everything paperless which has to Storage Looking upgrade File Server really cut down on the free space drastically and brought up the need for more storage I was looking at options and wanted to know which people here thought was the best I will also tell which I was planning on going with and would like to know if you think that is the Looking to upgrade File Server Storage right way to go All options are for an additional TB of storage with the ability to add more in the future if needed empty drive bays Our first option is to go the way we have always gone in the past and get a new server I don t think that is best but I Looking to upgrade File Server Storage could be wrong because we would only be using it as a file server and not running programs off of it Option two is a NAS Looking to upgrade File Server Storage but I don t know very much about those so I m not sure if that would be a good option or not The third option is the one I was leaning toward and that is a DAS specifically the Dell PowerVault MD with PowerVault T autoloader for backup tapes I m really new to all of this so I would appreciate any comments you can give and suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

My Vista system went down I pulled out the hard drive and using a drive enclosure attached to my Laptop Windows I am trying to locate the mail storage file to import using Windows Mail I can find the file user frank after that I do not see appdata for the next step However when viewing the files under the old drive I can find under Programs Windowsmail the following files en-us msoe dll msoeres dll oeimport dll oespamfilter dll oespamfilter dll wab wabfind dll wabimp dll wabmig winmail when I attempt to import mail from Livemail and direct it to the folder en-US it will not let me view the files inside this folder from the import function but will let me import the folder This then creates a new folder in Windows Mail quot Imported Folder quot however no mail Windows Mail Storage file that was stored was imported Is there a way to locate the mail on the old drive an import it in to Windows Mail Storage file Windows Mail Remember I can not start the old mail program from hard drive as it will give an error Please help

A:Windows Mail Storage file

Hi frankhab,

Generally Appdata folder would be hidden, follow the instructions to unhide the folder: Hidden Files and Folders Option - Add or Remove

Also follow the instructions in the below mentioned link to export and import the file: Windows Mail - Messages

Please post the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/298647-windows-mail-storage-file.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a problem with space on my windows partition what temp files can I search for and earse the contents of without any worries and secondlly what is the best method of compressing files(tct,mp3,divx,everything under the hood) to save space I dont even have enough space to defragment. I know I need to buy a new hard drive but right now thats not the option so what should I do?

A:best method for storage and file compression

start/programs/accessories/system tools/disk cleanup

Don't bother compressing your mp3's or movie files. They wont compress much if at all.

I would say you start uninstalling programs yo don't need. Games take up a lot of space. It sounds like you are in need of a new HD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-method-for-storage-and-file-compression.146724/
Relevancy 45.15%

Howdy I work for a non-profit with six full time employees We all live in different communities in the sharing/storage file Non-profit US three use Windows Vista including the headquarters and three of us use Mac OS X x Snow Leopard I am the most tech savvy of the entire group by far So I have to teach even the Windows users how Non-profit file sharing/storage to do things And now we have had the main office employee who quit without notice Unfortunately our main office is co-located with another non-proft but we have to use the IT on campus of the other corporation which means they have access to all info into and out nothing to do Non-profit file sharing/storage about that The internet access is through the line on campus I do not live on the campus but visit - times a year next visit is in two weeks We need a way of sharing documents word processing spreadsheets pdf s and assorted other files and a storage facility where we have control over it We would like it to be as simple as drag and drop from any of the computers similar to an intranet when I worked in corporate America What is the best approach My thought was to rent server space But I have no idea what is expected how much work it would entail on our side etc Any ideas thoughts suggestions are welcome Rich nbsp

A:Non-profit file sharing/storage

exegete said:

We would like it to be as simple as drag and drop from any of the computers (similar to an intranet when I worked in corporate America).Click to expand...

Would a service like DropBox work for you? Up to 2GB of storage is free.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/non-profit-file-sharing-storage.950632/
Relevancy 45.15%

Good day,
Currently we have file screen enabled on our file servers that when a user copies a MP4, AVI or MP3 to a file server, they will get an automated response informing them that it is against company policy.
Does something similar exist that I can apply either via GPO or a registry entry that would do the same for when a user copies a MP4, AVI or MP3 to a USB mass storage device?
Regards, Carlo

VB Knowledge = 0%

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/16e03f3b-a2d4-4502-9879-f3eb14acf4c8/file-screening-for-usb-storage-devices?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey all, I've been using 8.1 for the majority of the year and it has been mostly good. One issue I am noticing now is that the File Storage feature periodically shuts off and then the button in the settings won't stay on. I am wondering if anyone else has run into this bug because it is extremely annoying. Everything is up to date and there is a relatively low amount of stuff on my machine since I used the refresh function 2 months ago. The thing I've noticed though is after turning it on, I need to immediately hit "see my files in one drive" for it to actually stay on. Any info is great.

Thanks!

A:OneDrive file storage keeps disabling

Are you running on a metered connection? If not, try and install the latest updates, I think there were some big updates for onedrive integration quite recently.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53548-onedrive-file-storage-keeps-disabling.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello

i have a very simple question.I am planning to record Video from a webcam. and save it as video file either compressed or not compressed on my hard disk.
so for long recording hours which storage capacity i have to consider? and on which parameters is it dependent. If take half of the PAL, 24 bit and 15 fps then when could be the storage requirement on hard disk and how can i calculate it? is there any straight forward formula for that?

regards
Hood

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/duration-and-storage-of-a-video-file.600769/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all, just wanted to know if there was a way I could save all of the updates required for Win7 to a portable media device to save having to download them all over again. I have a low amount of data each month to use, and when doing a clean install, it uses a huge chunk of it.
Thanks in advance.

Thorn

A:Windows Update file storage????

Quote: Originally Posted by Thorn8369

Hi all, just wanted to know if there was a way I could save all of the updates required for Win7 to a portable media device to save having to download them all over again. I have a low amount of data each month to use, and when doing a clean install, it uses a huge chunk of it.
Thanks in advance.

Thorn

Hi Thorn,

Unfortunately for now, you will need to download each one manually... Ive been working on a application for that specific purpose but it wont be ready for another month or two yet

Steven

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/19414-windows-update-file-storage.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have about 33GB of digital music and have it backed up to an external hard drive. I kind of want to back that up again so I don't ever have to worry about losing it. I thought about an off-site cloud storage but that requires a monthly fee. I have also thought about buying another EHD that is small enough to put in a fire box or something like that. What are good options here? Slim EHD? High capacity thumb driver? Any ideas?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, im running out of memory on my hard drive, and i have a seccond computer with 60 gb just sitting in my basement. Is it possible to hook it up to my main desktop and simply use it as another drive? I'd like to store all my music/movies on it.

And if i can do that, will i still be able to access and use the files as if they are still on my own harddrive?

A:How do i connect 2 computers for file storage?

you may want to remove the 60gb and install in your other pc for faster file transfer the only way is to setup the computers through ethernet but hten you lose internet alternativle you could buy and external hdd inclosure for the 60gb or buy an external usb drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-connect-2-computers-for-file-storage-274006.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I want to find contacts file on Windows Phone Mass Storage. Is anyone know where I can find this file?

A:Where is contacts file on Mass Storage WP 8.1

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hi, I want to find contacts file on Windows Phone Mass Storage. Is anyone know where I can find this file? no these files are hidden from user and wont be accessible from mass storage. Tell us the why you need to find the contacts? are you changing your device?
Join our forums and help us solve your issue. :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440286-where-contacts-file-mass-storage-wp-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

how can i fix the profile storage file that has been exceeded

A:profile storage file exceeded

Do you get this message when you try to log off or shutdown, saying you have exceeded your profile storage space, and you must move some files from your profile?
If so:
Copy the text in the following code block into Notepad.
Save it on the desktop asProfileFix.reg. Be sure to change the Save as Type: box to All Files when saving.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"EnableProfileQuota"=-
"ProfileQuotaMessage"=-
"MaxProfileSize"=-
"IncludeRegInProQuota"=-
"WarnUser"=-
"WarnUserTimeout"=-
Double click the file to merge it into the Registry.
Click Yes in the prompt to confirm.
You should get a Success message, click OK.

If the message appears at a differnt time, or says something different, post the exact text of the message, and what actions you do that cause the message to appear.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/profile-storage-file-exceeded-492965.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Broni,
I just built a new PC (Win7 Ultimate). Things were basically okay and then USB2 or USB3 access to any thumb drive failed (Device Manager Code 10). I did everything covered in:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/165554-usb-driver-general-fix-problems.html
And removed and replaced all my USB2 and USB3 drivers and programs. Sfc /scan now is clean, the device manager shows no problems. Microsoft FixIt USB shows a clean USB system. Event Viewer shows 2x ReadyBoost error, 3x DCOM error (related to Audio driver).
So I am wondering if my new system has a virus on it. The only thing that was suspect during my build process was when I installed MyPhoneExplorer. I did not prevent LavaSoft from getting on my system during the MyPhoneExplorer install. I immediately uninstalled it and cleaned up IE11 and Firefox 33.
What do you recommend I use to check if a virus is the cause of my problems?
Thanks

A:USB Storage Cause Code 10 on new System

You should know the drill...

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-storage-cause-code-10-on-new-system.206714/
Relevancy 45.15%

It s been a while since New PC Advice Storage System I ve posted here I hope everyone is doing excellent I m building a new PC soon and I m trying to determine how I want the storage system configured Ideally I would get an expensive gt RAID SAS controller card with GB SAS drives in a New PC Storage System Advice RAID array However I cannot spend that money and expect to stay happily married So alternatively I could get A cheap controller card lt and or SAS drives A more expensive card - and SAS drive SSD drives I haven t really looked into these too much due to the cost and size limitations Please give me your thoughts and perspectives on the options OR any options I haven t considered BTW I game COD Crysis FarCry FEAR listen to music run quicken and surf the web w my machine Don t do video encoding music mixing or anything very intensive other than gaming My objective is to have really fast boot times fast map loading for games fast virus scans and fast music conversion to MP nbsp

A:New PC Storage System Advice

Why not just grab a 300GB VelociRaptor? It's fast enough for everything you want without burning a hole in your pocket.

But if you really want the full power of SCSI, go for a cheap controller card like this (or this if you have a PCI-X slot on your mobo) and two drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-storage-system-advice.115362/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Today i Western Storage Book Digital Network issue Connection Live My 1TB just buy my Western Digital My Book Live TB Network Storage this is first time im using WD NAS I successfully installed Windows x on my computer this week but the computer sometimes loses contact with my WD TB Book live NAS When trying to copy Big FILE When this happens I restart the computer and the drive usually reappears I just bought this hard drive two days ago Instead of simply failing to recognize it I sometimes get quot not responding quot errors when trying to open files here the screen shot IMG http img com th jfktoau kw jpg IMG My hard drive Western Digital My Book Live WDBACG HCH TB Network Attached Storage appear in the compatibility list at window website http www microsoft com Windows compatibility windows- en-us Details aspx type Hardware amp p Western I contacted Western Digital support Still no reply from them still waiting i find some hardware forum to check this out also not solution yet i change my router off firewall also the same problem but if i try with MACBOOKPRO its working correctly the problem now is at windows Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do Are there any downloads on the Microsoft site Or will I have to bring the drive back to distributor I also keep getting a message at Windows can't find my shared i need to restart it before Western Digital My Book Live 1TB Network Storage Connection issue need to use it again

A:Western Digital My Book Live 1TB Network Storage Connection issue

Is your Windows computer connecting by a wireless connection?

If so try connecting to it by a wired connection. Wireless connections can drop at any time, this might be why you are having issues how is your signal strength?

Try connecting by a wired connection, if you get the same problem let us know

Hope this Helps and Welcome to SevenForums!
Ryan

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153124-western-digital-my-book-live-1tb-network-storage-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently brought a Samsung 160GB hdd with 8 mb cache and 7200rpm. I was to replace my old 1 which was causing my games to stutter/jerky/unsmooth gameplay and is now starting to become a major pain. When firefights and explosions go off, i imagine that the hard drive is not transfering the data fast enough to the cpu or the cpu is not transfering to the GPU which causes me unsmooth gameplay. anyone know a solution? this had happend to every game i try especially in call of duty united offensive where explosions are intensive.

My system:

XFX 7600GT
160 Samsung 160gb HDD
2gb RAM
3.4 GHz pentium 4 ht
windows XP

A:New HDD Slow Tranfer

I recently found out tht setting the affinity of the cpu to cpu - or cpu 1 improves the performance and unsmoothness, but ther is still something else clogging up my system and making it stutter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hdd-slow-tranfer.79615/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there, aI am new person on this forum, got a question about a external hard drive I just installed. I have a small c drive, and bought a nice 250gig external, want to tansfer most of my files on the c drive to the e drive(new external), what I need to know before I do anything, after I transfer can I go ahead and delete the files from the c drive.

Usually I do not have a dumb question, but I am doing a blank on this one. Any help would be welcome. Never used a external hard before.

Thanks Bob

A:Can I delete after tranfer

Once you have copied all your files over to the external drive
Go to My Computer and open the external Hard Drive and confirm all files are actually OK.

Depending on how critical your files are (for backing up) you may wish to have two backup sources ( one on external drive, one on C drive)
But normally, once confirmed OK, just delete all the non-needed files on your C drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-delete-after-tranfer.97050/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm novice

I've Windows 98 and I backuped up my HD. I would install windows xp. I've norton Ghost software. Can I get them back to the regular hd on window xp? Does windows 98 goes to my regulard HD too or only the program and Does the document folder goes to my regular HD too

A:Tranfer my hd to windos xp?

If you have Windows XP upgrade you can go ahead and just install it. It will save your 98 programs and settings.

Since the XP disk is self booting, all you need to do is put it in the drive and when it opens, follow the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tranfer-my-hd-to-windos-xp.182066/
Relevancy 44.72%

Is there a way to transfer files between two computers through a USB connection?

My dilemma- computer here, and then computer here
So, if Comp 1---------------is connected like this----to----Comp 2

I'll be able to move stuff between computers, right?

Otherwise, I'll have to set up a network, but I'd rather not do that.

Pardon my horrible ASCII art.

Thanks.

Relevancy 44.72%

After the large recent update to Windows 10, my HP Pavilion dv7 laptop no longer will open USB storage devices like SD cards or USB harddrives.

The device is recognized and appears in the file browser, but when I try to open it, it is forever in the task of opening, the green bar at the top never quite reaching the end.

This is true of every USB storage device I have tried.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66268-usb-storage-devices-appear-file-browser-but-cannot-opened.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Can anyone tell me where to find the file (or folder) that routinely stores the Outlook Express inbox email (Win XP Professional). I had a number of emails sitting in my inbox 2 days ago. When I went to check my email today, they were gone and replaced with a few very old emails that I had previously deleted. I have Acronis 2010 backup, and I do have a complete backup on a daily basis, but after restoring the entire Outlook Express folder from several days prior, I still get the same thing. Does Windows store the inbox someplace else? Thank you.

A:Outlook Express Inbox file storage

Outlook Express e-mail folders have a .dbx extension (for example, "Sent Items.dbx"). Path to Store Folder in Windows Explorer, containing .dbx files:C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{8xxxxxxB-Dxx8-4xx3-Axx5-Fxxxxxxxxxx9}\Microsoft\Outlook ExpressRecuva file recovery (including from the Recycle Bin)http://www.piriform.com/recuva[To see file extensions e.g. .dbx files, in Windows Explorer go to tools>> folder options>> view tab>> uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" and apply][To see hidden files in Windows Explorer go to tools>>folder options>>view tab>>click on "show hidden files and folders" and apply]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291865/outlook-express-inbox-file-storage/