Windows Support Forum

Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset

Q: Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset

The issue started a few weeks ago when it seemed my HDD failed sent it to a shop to be tested and repaired Went through HDDs before the rd actually worked that's the HDD i'm currently using ST DM - CH SCSI Disk Drive It hard reset only locks from and a up responds Pc worked fine up until a few days ago when random screen freezes started to occur mainly when playing online games such as World of Warcraft Each day the game would freeze to the point that the entire system locked up and only a hard reset would work it went from a couple of freezes a day to - a day Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset The HDD itself showed no signs of failing Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset or struggling and all drivers are up to date I then ran Memtest on both Rams then each while in the primary slot a combined total of tests all of which passed Then booted up the PC with Ram at a time and it worked fine my next step was to run HDDScan but for some reason it would not allow me to hit the S M A R T button even though it recognised my HDD I must also say that at times the boot up has been extremely slow to the point I thought it froze it seems hit and miss whether it reaches the desktop screen With both RAM in it struggles to fully boot up too Linked the DXDiag file which gives a run down of everything EDIT Finally on the pc with only Ram installed running HDDScan right now and will post a screenshot of the outcome shortly It's just strange that it's able to boot up with each RAM but when both are installed it struggles thing to add is that I contacted World of Warcraft Tech Support as the crashes happened more frequent when playing the game they stated that my network drives were out of date from and my BIOS drivers from yet when I tried to update both I got a quot not compatible quot pop up that was from the manufacturers website Hope this helps

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset

This is the outcome of my HDDScan, I really can't tell whether there's issues or not. Some help appreciated. I'm really starting to think my PSU may be at fault, Atrix 650t 12v but I'm finding very little on reviews or complaints about the product.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313881-pc-locks-up-only-responds-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I built Nothing Locks - responds Up Frequently PC a new PC this past summer specs are in my PC Frequently Locks Up - Nothing responds info During the initial setup and installation of windows it locked up on me but after a couple of tries Windows Ultimate x was properly installed Since that point my computer locks up relatively frequently When it locks up nothing responds mouse and keyboard are useless the last th of a second of sound is repeated and the network itself actually locks up no other computers on the network can access each other or the internet The computer locks under the least demanding situations I can play Skyrim for hours with the graphic settings set to max and it doesn't freeze Meanwhile I play Dungeons of Dredmor or some fairly basic flash games and within a half hour my computer will lock up I have run Memtest for hours resulting in errors I have RMAed the processor amp the motherboard I have taken out one of the video cards and switched them I have updated the bios All of which have had no effect Initially the CPU was running quite hot with the stock heatsink but upon replacing it the CPU peaks at c I am at a loss as to how to proceed Any help would be much appreciated

A:PC Frequently Locks Up - Nothing responds

It may be due to having so much RAM in your system. The default Auto values in the BIOS for RAM controls are set assuming 4 GB or less of RAM. To provide support for more ram, manual tweaking of those settings must be done. Please download and install CPUZ and Upload screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD tabs.

Also, go into your BIOS and post all RAM and CPU Voltages and all RAM settings (timings, frequency, etc.)

Thanks to Dave76 for help learning RAM Stability

Also, if you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

You may also be interested in reading the Quote by usasma regarding SSDs in post #2 of Randomly Reoccurring BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe

Also, what network adapter are you using for the system that is locking up?

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with more information regarding your system and possible conflicts (these instructions do more than help with blue screen crashes).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214087-pc-frequently-locks-up-nothing-responds.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Same on the other computer I posted about AIM and GAIM locking up This one just powered down when my son was playign a game MS Spyware and adaware are clean and and homepage 6.0 reset sp2 can IE up locks at the latest update Here is the HJT log THANKS FOR HELPING Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss IE 6.0 sp2 locks up and can reset homepage exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb IE 6.0 sp2 locks up and can reset homepage exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C IBMTOOLS UTILS ibmprc exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C PROGRA Lavasoft AD-AWA Ad-Watch exe C WINDOWS system FSRremoS EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware IE 6.0 sp2 locks up and can reset homepage gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS system Pelmiced exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS regedit exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Plus Ad-Aware exe C hjt HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Tanner's Internet O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe O - HKLM Run ibmmessages C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot c Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run IBMPRC C IBMTOOLS UTILS ibmprc exe O - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXE O - HKLM Run AWMON quot C PROGRA Lavasoft AD-AWA Ad-Watch exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run ibmmessages C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe O - Global Startup Microsoft AntiSpyware lnk C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware GIANTAntiSpywareMain exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C Program Files Go... Read more

A:IE 6.0 sp2 locks up and can reset homepage

Let's see if it's SP2 causing the problem. Did you have this problem before the SP2 install for IE? If not, try uninstalling SP2 and restart. Then reinstall it and see if the problem is back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-6-0-sp2-locks-up-and-can-reset-homepage-35405.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So the machine I am working with is a consumer line Dell Inspiron E with Windows XP Media Center and the latest A bios It came with a GB sata hard drive that was almost full and wanted to upgrade to a larger drive I grabbed a brand new Seagate GB hard drive I booted up Acronis and attempted to clone to from a GB drive to a GB Everything looked perfect It saw all four partitions from the source drive and once done showed that for the destination as well I shut off the computer install the new hard and proceed to boot The computer attempted it. Virus cloned of Disk drives. Permanently HPA Locks Modifies damaging and hard Hard to boot but then received a stop x b error unmountable boot volume for those unfamilar Common issue when cloning disk so Virus Permanently Modifies HPA of Hard Disk cloned and Locks it. damaging hard drives. I proceeded to boot to an XP disk so I could repair the Windows install Once it booted up I noticed the drive was shown as a GB hard drive the brand new GB drive I restarted the machine checked the bios and it saw the drive as a GB hard drive I pulled the drive and hooked it to four other machine that all stated the disk was now a GB hard drive We checked disk management booted to several hard drive testing tools and even poped it into a linux environment Virus Permanently Modifies HPA of Hard Disk cloned and Locks it. damaging hard drives. The drive had been Permanently changed to a GB disk To my disbelief I started investigating I tried another GB new hard drive this time with ghost booted from win Same process everything seemed perfect Reboot dosnt start I check the BIOS This drive as well has been Permanently changed to a GB Keep in mind at this point the original hard still boots perfect Goes to Windows just low on disk space Next attempt I try to clone the drive in a different environment to rule out the possibility the machine was causing the issue I pulled the hard drive and grabbed yet another hard drive i have two I need to RMA now I cloned the disk using a Windows based Ghost and it succeeded as well I looked through the partitions and data and everything looked fine I loaded the disk into the machine and got an quot XLDR ATA Error quot I decided to go straight to bios and the replacement drive GB this time is alos a GB hard drive I have now bricked three perfectly working hard drives I have formatted diskparted and everything else inbetween I had to find out what the problem and decided to dig a little deeper I took one of the GB cloned drives I had and I grabbed a copy of MHDD and proceeded to check the drive out After a little digging I found out that HPA had been modified to show this smaller size I had found where it recognized the full limit of the drive The command NHPA resets the drive back to it native max address limit IT attempted to run but failed I tried to unlock the drive and that didnt work either I tried a tool to manually set the sector count back to it s original size and that failed as well So that s most of the story Here are some details Iv e discovered The problem persist once the drive is inserted into the machine and turned on Once cloned the cloned drive shows a RAW filesystem I have used different branded drives and sized drives Western Digital GB Seagate GB Samsung GB It changes the drives serial number to quot j quot where is often random letters or numbers Orginal Drive Sector Count - Cloned Drive Sector Count - Please ask any questions that you need I am trying a few more things to see if I can get this working I have also found this fourm that is about pages long unresolved that may be helpful In the fourm they talk about a Dell Media Direct issue that im more than familiar with I don t think this is what is causing the issue as I have the latest BIOS A and I did the clone in another unit and the same thing still happened http www computerhope com forum index php topic htmlMy personal thought is that a boot sector virus is doing this Help me with your thoughts

A:Virus Permanently Modifies HPA of Hard Disk cloned and Locks it. damaging hard drives.

After some more research I have figured this out. I can post what the fix was if anyone is interested. It was NOT a virus, it was Dell Media Direct.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457630/virus-permanently-modifies-hpa-of-hard-disk-cloned-and-locks-it-damaging-hard-drives/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I originally did a clean install to a new HDD using Microsoft's default drivers and ATI's Beta graphics drivers and the system Locks ATI 4870x2 and 7 - Hard randomly hard locks while gaming Different games WoW The Witcher Bioshock etc net the same result Works very well for some random period of time Then the entire system locks necessitating use of the reset button GPU temps are in the high 's to low s idle to the mid 's under load and Processor temps in the s idle to s under load as provided by Everest Ultimate Watt OCZ Power Supply fed from a UPS mild ish overclock GHz - multi FSB - on a Q This system has been rock solid under Vista for the last year Under normal usage it runs well Of course the issue with a hard lock is no error code or dmp is generated so I wasn't entirely sure it wasn't an issue with the standard chipset drivers or something else The Action Center is was no help in solving this So last weekend st st I did a thorough reformat of the hard drive containing and cloned my very stable Vista install to it using Acronis Then I used the Upgrade option to take the whole thing to The reasoning is was doing 7 and ATI 4870x2 - Hard Locks that would eliminate both MSFT's standard chipset and ATI's Beta drivers as a potential cause because at that point there can be no trace of them anywhere on the system So now we have an upgraded Vista install using the factory drivers designed for my DFI LP P mobo and ATI's newest VGA drivers But No Joy The system is stable under all conditions using Vista yet still hard locks while gaming in The two installations are physically identical The only difference being which Seagate HDD gets the nod while booting No RAID So in my mind it's definitely a driver problem between ATI's stuff and If it were a cheaper graphics card I would consider dropping it for one that works But that's not an acceptable solution Has anyone had a similar issue And yes I understand the answer may well be quot Sorry Scott you have to wait for ATI to fix their drivers for quot

A:7 and ATI 4870x2 - Hard Locks

Yeah, I don't know, mine does this sometimes when I have my second monitor plugged in the dedicated HDMI port on the card and to my TV. I don't have two cards but I use the ATI 7 beta drivers. I have to plug out the HDMI cable and then it responds again. Mybe not your case but something else to consider.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/3726-7-ati-4870x2-hard-locks.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Good Morning sorry in advance for the long post I recently did a clean install of Windows bit build no dual boot wiped the HD clean on the following system Intel Quad Core Q GHz GB Ram x GB GB SATA HD Abit IP Pro Mobo integrated Realtek RTL PCI Ethernet integrated audio EVGA NVidia Ge-Force GTX W BFG Powersupply Windows automatically detected all drivers for the system device manager showed no problems and I was able to start customizing the UI and browsing the internet but after minutes the system froze a complete hard-lock requiring me to manually 7 constantly Hard-Locks 64 bit Win hit the restart switch The system froze in a similar manner after - min of use several more times and I started to investigate the problem After discovering the system will not freeze in safe mode but did freeze in safe mode with networking after min I thought it might be something with the LAN drivers I restarted into normal mode disabled the LAN devices and uninstalled the drivers System still froze after a few minutes Assume this disqualifies many driver problems Only thing I can think of besides a driver problem is that this problem is associated with overheating However the PS does not seem to be pushing out any noticeably hot air and the CPU and GPU fans seem to be working properly I have been running this system with Win XP bit for the past few years and had no issues with overheating during gaming etc System was often on for a week at a time Any ideas If I reinstall a fresh copy with Win bit Win 7 64 bit Hard-Locks constantly do you think I'll see these same issues One final note--I did setup a GB partition on the HD where Win was installed and left the remainder as a Data drive Is anyone seeing problems when you set up custom partitions Thanks in advance for the help

A:Win 7 64 bit Hard-Locks constantly

Hello Stortiar,

I doubt that the partition setup is the problem. Many of us have done this and 60GB is more than enough room unless you have an outrageous number of apps installed. Drivers would be my first thought also. Might try updating them if you haven't already.

You can get software to monitor temps. There is one for the CPU here (CPU-Z). FREE Great Programs for Windows 7

I don't have links handy at the moment for others, but google should turn some up. Also nVidia has a gadget and other software to monitor their cards.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.

Gary

Edit: I see you already checked device manager, sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/12097-win-7-64-bit-hard-locks-constantly.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Have an HP Slimline S5000 that's real slow and freezes at times. Windows 7 Home. Checked for malware, found nothing.
Did all my usual cleaning, starting programs, Autoruns, the whole bit.
Ran HD Tune and it showed a definite failing hdd. Ran the Seatools from boot and it passed.
Had another drive handy and cloned the drives.
Still have the same problem with the new drive.
Maybe time for an install/repair? Or is there something else to try.
BTY, memory tests good also.
Pete

A:New hard drive--still locks up

Hi,
If you do a clean install things have gotten a tad tricky to do it in any good time updating wise
I've never been a fan of cloning
I much rather restore a system image to a new drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393762-new-hard-drive-still-locks-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer s hard drive locks hard drive seems to be dead but the maxtor PowerMax tool claims the drive is just fine I was hoping someone here could help me figure out what the real problem is if it isnt the hard drive about months ago on occaison when i hard drive locks would power on or reeboot my computer it would start as it normally does and then once it got to the Windows XP load screen the harddrive would make a strange single loud click and the load screen would continue to act like it was loading for about min and then freeze and the OS would never load I thought this was wierd but most of the computers other problems have jsut worked themselves out so i thought this might do the same Then after abot a month of that happening everyonce in a while it happened when i was using the computer OS had loaded I heard the same loud click and the mouse continued to work for about min then everything froze Since then the computer has only booted into woindows once but then i got the quot click quot then lock up I am able to boot the computer with a linux liveCD Auditor Security Suite and yesterday i tried mounting one of the hard drive partitions and it mounted and i was able to browse it I didn t try loading any files but i was able to navigate through the partition with no problems The partiton i mounted was not the boot partiton Is it possible that there are corrupted files in the boot partition that are making the hard drive lock up Or mayube is it possible that i m having power supply issues I tried running Maxtor s PowerMax tool so i could get the code so i could get an RMA case from maxtor assuming the drive had gone bad but both the quick test and advanced tests returned a passing result I m jsut trying to figure out if its the drive or seomthing else so i can repair it Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:hard drive locks

Well if the noise is coming from the HD, there is nothing good that could possibly come from it. Possibly its a head crashing, or any number of other immeninent failure signs.

You might try to contact Maxtor, and tell them you know it will fail, even if their tool doesn't think so, and would like to RMA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-locks.438799/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 4 partitioned hard drives all but one function properly. The troubled one locks up and I've placed all power options back to standard and have run a memory check which indicated normal. I also changed the batteries in the key board and mouse. Are there any Windows 7 tweaks that may help? Could this be a indication that the hard drive is on it's last legs?

A:Hard Drive Locks Up

What do you mean by the hard drive locking up? Does it stop turning, or working at all, or does the PC freeze when accessing it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366698-hard-drive-locks-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I thought my issues were solved locks - Computer hard but I was wrong Before I tell what the problem is here are the specs CPU Intel I GPU Computer hard locks - EVGA GTX Memory x gb Kingston Hyperx mhz Mobo Asus P P PRO Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold Audio Onboard My computer freezes during gaming when iddle in Windows when installing Windows and even inside BIOS latest version It can happen times in minutes or once every hours This computer is months old and I believe after - months the freezing started At start it would freeze maybe once ever days or so Then it started freezing almost daily and now it freezes - times a day - So far I've tried switching my GTX for other weaker cards and the freezing continued - Then I tried both sticks of RAM separately and on different slots I even tried another monitor as I had visual problems because of a bad HDMI cable in the past This also did not work Also my memory is set to run at a lower frequency and voltage mhz v This is automatically set by the mobo altough the memory has a XMP profile to run at mhz and V Both configurations did not work - I cleaned my entire case and all it's components of dust barely had any and reseated every component and replugged every cable twice - I've run several minutes sessions of furmark This did not cause any artifacts or shutdowns - I've run memtest boot version several times I've seen at least passes so far altough not sequential and not a single error - I've run Prime for over hours This did return a error on one of the workers saying quot rounding was expected less than quot The error occurred after hours - I've run CHKDSK and it did not return a single bad sector - In any of the previous steps my computer did freeze at least once but the pattern makes me believe the following - It is not memory because memtest did not return a single error after or so passes Also if it was memory it would probably be a single stick of it and not both of them at the same time - It is not the power supply because my system would most likely shutdown or restart and my motherboard would also most likely beep telling my there is not enough power Additionally this is a very good power supply and I've monitored the voltages and they are all correct with barely any percentage of fluctuation - It is not the GPU Running furmark for several sessions without artifacts or shutdowns and also trying different GPUs on different slots did not seize the freezing - It is not temperature The case is very well ventilated and the temps of every component is below the average reported by the manufacturers - It is not software I had most recent drivers for everything inside my computer and it still froze Stock drivers that were running fine during the first months of my PC also did not work Reinstalling Windows did not work The biggest proof though is that it froze inside BIOS - It is not the Hard Disk The proof is that it froze inside BIOS with the HD cables unplugged I believe the issue is either the motherboard or the CPU most likely the first I don't think there is anything else to do as I have no spare mobo or CPU to test I'm thinking of buying a new motherboard but before that I wanted to know what is everyone's opinion about this and if there is something else that can solve the problem Thank you

A:Computer hard locks -

Well, RAM would have been my first guess, but you seem to have covered that pretty well. I would lean more towards the motherboard before the processor, I can't remember the last time I had a problem with an Intel processor. I have had many ASUS mobo problems recently, a lot of the symptoms that you report, in addition to BIOS being screwed up (the screen is askew when in BIOS, totally strange, and ASUS unsuccessfully tried to repair it, hellooooo Intel Motherboard).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209300-computer-hard-locks.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So this is kinda strange but I ll post anyway I have a pentium sony vaio gigs of ram ghz processor windows xp machine drive hard up locks 2nd home sp I ve got two hard drives my main one and my old one I put in that I was copying files over to the new one My problem is this it WAS working fine Then my sister decided to be nice and move my stuff into the bigger vacant room we have Problem is I m not sure if she did something or what because now when the second hard drive is connected the computer will not boot up It doesn t even get to the windows boot screen just locks up at the computer boot screens When the second hard drive is unplugged it boots up fine but imo takes a long time I had this problem before after I had gotten a new PS that was overheating which I resolved However it doesn t seem to be overheating now just seems to go through the computer boot quick and then sits on a black screen with a blinking dash for awhile and then goes to the windows boot screen That s a seperate issue but one that is annoying as well I m just wondering what she could ve done that would cause the nd hard 2nd hard drive locks up machine drive to lock the computer up now and the boot process to be achingly slow Eveyrthing else runs fine once the computer is up and running Help nbsp

A:2nd hard drive locks up machine

I'm not sure if she could have caused electrostatic discharge, but that would be my best guess...
As far as your long boot times, does this happen even after you have had the other hard drive unplugged for two or three consecutive boot-ups? Usually it takes a start up or two before the computer gets used to only one hard plugged in, and it takes awhile to start up the OS and such.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2nd-hard-drive-locks-up-machine.500185/
Relevancy 47.3%

about 7 days ago my computer began to start freezing up with no common denominator (Gaming, no gaming, browsing, no browsing, watching media, no media, etc) I got frustrated so I tried to disable some drivers and that sent me into a BSOD on boot INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE so I tried every tool in recovery partition and I couldn't recover so I installed linux I ran mint for several days without any crashes or issues but couldn't run some of my games how I liked so I reinstalled windows today and not but a few hours in I get the hardlock again with a fresh install of windows and fresh install of drivers

when it hard locks it takes my router with it until I either sever the link or reboot

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67478-random-hard-locks-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I bought a WD 320GB 2.5 Internal SATA hard drive to add to my laptop. I did not set up any RAID configurations or anything like this, I simply had a 2nd bay in the laptop and plugged it in. My problem is that it randomly will freeze up my OS (Vista) for about 1-2 seconds. It's definitely the hard drive because if I disable in Device Manager, the random lockups stop entirely. Mouse is not movable, movies or games will stutter. Although, it seems like if the video I am watching is stored on the extra drive, there is no stuttering. Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? I'm new to the hardware scene, mostly a software guy :stickout:

A:Hard drive locks up system?

Well......

Sounds like to me is your HDD is spinning down to save energy. My External HDD is set to stop after 5 mins. When its not being used for a while and i go to something that is on it it will "freeze" my whole system till it starts up again. What os are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-locks-up-system.128472/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have been struggling with a problem with my pc for months now The system is about months old and hard for Hard System Locks Gaming locks everytime I play games eg COD BF BC I have tried changing out the RAM modules to a different brand G Skill- gt Corsair and this has made no difference The system hard locks even at stock bios settings System Hard Locks for Gaming so I'm ruling out overclocking causing any crashes as I can run prime blend for hrs np and LinX pass np My temps are well within acceptable range GFX idle max load under furmark CPU idle System Hard Locks for Gaming max load in lynx under oc and no OC is around something I have read that running games in admin mode fixes this but not here Also System Hard Locks for Gaming I have the latest chipset bios gfx sound drivers Also read disabling windows media sharing fixes this but no When gaming the system completely locks within - mins the game will be running fine then all of a sudden it freezes completely and the sound loops on the last sound made Sometimes I reboot and can game for about hr before it locks again I don't get any grey screen or artifacts appearing I've tried increasing various voltages but this has made no difference I've tried flashing my GFX to a different bios asus and this has done nothing I can render p video in sony vegas with CPU usage hitting solid and ram used and have no crashes I am truely baffled as to what the issue is The system has been doing this for as long as I can remember It could be something in the software maybe a setting in windows I'm not sure You can see my PC specs they are all reliable good brands hardware

A:System Hard Locks for Gaming

Please provide this info even though you're not experiencing BSOD's - the reports will help us out: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110965-system-hard-locks-gaming.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am operating in Windows 98, have a Maxtor 7200 rpm, 30GB , which I bought in a computer show as a bare bones system. Since I was running a 10GB, 5400 rpm Maxtor, I did not think about changing the connector cable, and used the old one. Would that be a problem?
I had some problems loading the OS originally, but when I did, all seemed to be fine, until I tried to burn CDs with my Plextor Plexwriter 16/10/40A. The problem I ran into, is that when it starts recording, all goes well, until about halfways, to three quarters down the way, where the hard drive just hangs, and then my screen goes about 80% dark (the top), and sometimes completely dark. My drive also did not come with any set-up software. I tried setting the drive up for ATA 100 performance, but was unable, since it asks me for some software disk, which needless to say, I don't have.
Any ideas?

A:Hard Drive locks up when recording CDs

Hi niftyfam, Welcome to TSG!

If your pc is otherwise working fine, I don't see how it's the HD, but who knows? I don't think it's your cable either. You can download and run this utility from Maxtor to check out your HD if you want.

http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/powermax.htm

You may want to go into device manager, under your plextor drive and see if "DMA" is checked or not. If it's not checked, check it and see if that makes a difference.

Also, you probably already know this, but it's important that you don't have any other applications going on with your pc while you're burning. I assume you had no problem burning before you replaced the HD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-locks-up-when-recording-cds.105330/
Relevancy 47.3%

I ve accidentally run into a new and scary problem I was just given an old laptop that has both the BIOS and the hard disk protected by a password authentication system lock Neither locks--how disk Hard them? avoid I do the computer or the hard disk have any more use Hard disk locks--how do I avoid them? than a lead weight The scariest one of these is the hard disk lock There are reports in many forums around the web that these locks were triggered accidentally by jolts or a power surges To be clear the disk doesn t even show up in disk management when connected to another system as a secondary drive with or without a drive letter The disk is totally invisible to Windows--as though it is not even connected Where can I find more information about this In particular I want to avoid even buying a disk that has such a capability and I want to replace any disks of mine that have that capability with disks that don t--if possible If I want to secure my data I ll use TrueCrypt I don t need this password authentication system that can be accidentally triggered How can I know which disks have this capability and whether there are even any available that don t The hard disk that is locked that I have here now has a manufacturing date of October so this has obviously been around a while To be clear this thread is NOT asking for help unlocking this disk nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-locks-how-do-i-avoid-them.876915/
Relevancy 46.87%

Where to begin For about a week now i ve been experiencing me locks Random mad. Solved: hard driving random hard locks on Solved: Random hard locks driving me mad. my newly built computer which is about a month Solved: Random hard locks driving me mad. old It could Solved: Random hard locks driving me mad. be while gaming or browsing the internet I ve cleanly reinstalled sound and video drivers as well as updating the motherboard bios I could go a whole day with no hard locks while gaming and other stuff or like today i can get a hard lock every minutes or so I ve ran memtest for about hours and errors showed up I ve tried single sticks of ram in each dimm slot and still the same results I ve contacted corsair for an RMA but i m hoping its something i can fix before i send in my ram and be without a computer for a week What confuses me is that the computer i replaced which was running strong for years started to experience these hard locks although not as frequently just before i built my new computer I tried ruling out any of the components that carried over to my new build such as the sound card and hard drives but those didn t change anything Here are some issues that began to come up with these hard locks I ve gotten the quot Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot a couple times as well as a couple BSOD s My main hard drive the one with the os is also very hot to the touch if i touch it for seconds my fingers sting cause of the heat Could i get a second opinion or any ideas i can try before i send in my ram Any help would be appreciated thanks Update doh here are my system specs windows x oem i k gigabyte z x-ud h-b corsair vengeance gb x sapphire seasonic x seagate cudas and tb nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

My computer is having trouble playing the Lego Hard During Gameplay Computer Needs Reboot Up Locks Star Wars game Computer Locks Up During Gameplay Needs Hard Reboot after being patched as is the Fantastic game I have upgraded drivers lowered graphics setting and done most everything a sub-expert user can do at a time like this I am including my latest hijackthis log to see if anyone can help Like I said i have tried just about everything and my games still crash my machine They go into a loop and don't go out to the desktop They just hang while you are playing the game and ctrl-alt-del doesn't get you out I downloaded new drivers form nvidia last night and I am trying the ones from major geeks today Also my computer generally runs slow so maybe someone can find out why Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system UAService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exeC Program Files Common Files Motive MotiveBrowser exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files ATI Multimedia MAIN ATISched EXEC Program Files ATI Multimedia RemCtrl ATIRW exeC Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn YTBSDK exeC PROGRA WinZip winzip exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D... Read more

A:Computer Locks Up During Gameplay Needs Hard Reboot

I moved hijackthis to program files and ran a new scan. here are teh results.Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 4:37:26 PM, on 2/20/2007Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYSC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService7.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\Module Loader\DLLML.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\MotiveBrowser.exeC:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exeC:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exeC:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeC:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exeC:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exeC:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exeC:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exeC:\WINDOWS\CTHELPER.EXEC:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exeC:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MAIN\ATISched.EXEC:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\ATIRW.exeC:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATIDtct.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exeC:\Program Files\BigFix\BigFix.exeC:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkCalRem.exeC:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exeC:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exeC:\unzipped\RootkitRevealer[1]\RootkitRevealer.exeC:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\RZFAT.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn1\YTBSDK.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeC:\WINDOWS\explorer.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exeC:\Program Files\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81998/computer-locks-up-during-gameplay-needs-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was having issues with a virus removal and inability Replaced hard laptop drive locks it up now to remove files from Replaced laptop hard drive now it locks up the original hard drive in my Dell Vostro but needed a working laptop so I replaced the hard drive with a GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue drive SATA MB RPM Installation and formatting went fine I installed XP and then required drivers from the resource disk from Dell followed by a few hours of updates from Windows Update I then installed Kaspersky Internet Security Carbonite Adobe Reader Flash Shockwave Evernote OpenOffice Malwarebytes Ccleaner Picasa and started to download Replaced laptop hard drive now it locks up iTunes While everything was working fine and I was rebuilding my software library I noticed that the system locked up I couldn t even Replaced laptop hard drive now it locks up shut down or stop running processes I ve tried disabling startup menu items like Bluetooth which I don t need and nuisance programs like Adobe and Google updater I tried to do a selective startup to isolate the issue but can t determine if one particular thing is at fault I ran diagnostics on the whole system and all systems hard drive etc checked out I started it in safe mode with networking and was able to keep it running that way but still wonder if this is a hardware issue since there is nothing on this system other than some basic programs that ran just fine together on the older hard drive One process that was running in the background was the download of backed up files from the Carbonite server Does this seem like it might be a hardware issue I ve never installed a hard drive until yesterday If a mod feels its more Win related please move it but I m at a loss as to why it keeps locking up shortly after the startup items fully load or once at start using something like a browser or exploring some system files when the setup is nearly identical to my old hard drive BTW the virus issue on my old hard drive was Kaspersky detecting something in real-time and the removal process going awry I run virus software all the time nbsp

A:Replaced laptop hard drive now it locks up

I'm going to move this (copy it) to the Windows forum in case this is more XP-related than hardware as I've been using it all day in Safe mode with networking with no issues.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-laptop-hard-drive-now-it-locks-up.1037642/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone I'm at locks Windows hard 8.1 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD: my wit's end here with Windows 8.1 BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, hard locks a computer I assembled around Christmas time last year that has had a large amount of BSODs crashes freezes reboots without BSODs and the like Though I have apparently managed to fend off a lot Windows 8.1 BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, hard locks of the issues including IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and CLOCK WATCHDOG VIOLATION this particular KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod persists I've attached the SF Diagnostic Tool dump as instructed I took many steps to fix these crashes before I came to the forum listed below Uninstalled Daemon Tools and its driver Disabled the Nvidia Streaming Service which was apparently known to cause BSODs Uninstalled ASUS GPU-Tweak and its driver also known to cause BSODs same driver as SmartDoctor Uninstalled my ASUS GX 's mouse driver and reinstalled the latest driver stated to support windows Ran driver verifier which caught the Nvidia Streaming Service above also Virtual Audio Cable's driver now removed Ran sfc scannow in elevated command prompt without issue Ran dism online cleanup-image restorehealth which apparently caught something restarted Ran memtest for passes on both RAM sticks no errors Ran CHKDSK both from the hdd's properties menu and via elevated command prompt restart No errors EDIT Some additional info Hard locks reboots without bsods occur most frequently when using a web browser Current browser is Google Chrome tested with both Firefox and IE with the same results Of course this makes it hard to check post here I very very rarely have the computer freeze or hard lock while playing a game I have not had a bsod occur in the middle of a game in recent memory KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod occurs whenever it pleases apparently though again less likely if I do not have a web browser open I have witnessed it occur while the system was simply sitting on desktop with no applications open The forced reboots without bsods are only a recent occurrence KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED has been happening for far longer although less frequently IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT have not been seen since I removed daemon tool virtual audio cable gpu-tweak and disabled nvidia streamer service My graphics card's drivers are up to date as well as the nvidia geforce experience program

A:Windows 8.1 BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, hard locks

It is known that many network devices with windows 8driver have problems with windows 8.1
Your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller has drivers from may 2013

Please updatethis to the latest windows 8.1 compatible drivers from ,ASRock > 970 Pro3 R2.0 also check if can update the other drivers.

Your TP-LINK 150Mbps Wireless N Adapter has drivers from april 2013, please update to the latest version here Drivers for Atheros AR5006G and Windows 8

You are using a EasyTether Network Adapter with a driver from march 2013. I have no experience with this device and do not know if it is windows 8.1 compatible.
Check this here:
Driver Description: Mobile Stream EasyTether
Driver Update Site: Support: Easy Tether for Android, USB Modem, Bluetooth DUN modem, Palm Card Reader, mobile games - Mobile Stream Support Team.
Downloads: Download EasyTether for BlackBerry and Android, USB Modem for Palm and Windows Mobile, iPhone, Android, Nokia games

You said you uninstalled Virtual Audio Cable's but in your driverlist it is still installed
vbaudio_cable64_win7 fffff801`8d883000 fffff801`8d890000 Tue Jun 25 12:42:03 2013 (51c973fb) 00018fb6 vbaudio_cable64_win7.sys

I noticed you have many programs installed related to safety/dataprotection etc.with drivers from 2007, 2009 etc. do not know if this are windows 8.1 compatible. Please check with the makers of these programs.
Please check it and remove/uninstall it.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47469-windows-8-1-bsod-kmode_exception_not_handled-hard-locks.html
Relevancy 46.87%

OS - Windows 7
x64
? What was the original installed OS on the system? Windows 7
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
? Approximate age of system (hardware) 1.5 years
? Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) 1.5 years
? Have you re-installed the OS? No

? CPU Intel Core i7 4770K
? Video Card GTX 770
? MotherBoard (if NOT a laptop) Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
? Power Supply - brand & wattage (if NOT a laptop) Corsair Professional Series HX750 750W

? System Manufacturer N/A
? Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) N/A

Laptop or Desktop?

Relevancy 46.44%

So I was waiting for the new patch to arrive to see if it fixed my problems but it didn t so here it goes Currently whenever World of Warcraft WoW is run in Direct D it crashes shutdowns/hard Warcraft locks World Frequent of my computer to a black screen with no text or anything except for a sharp buzzing sound However today was a little different Today is the very first time that it crashed and gave me a BSOD and it gave me this string of text I have always had the quot disable automatic restart on system failure quot option checked so this was new to me STOP x F x x x x -Here is the error report message that came up when the system recovered BCCode f BCP BCP BCP BCP OSVer SP Product -And here is the Frequent World of Warcraft shutdowns/hard locks Error message in the Event Viewer I m not sure how helpful any of these are for troubleshooting but you re the experts Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c c c I have run MemTest overnight just the yesterday and I have received absolutely no errors so I ve been reassured that crashing during WoW is not a heat-related problem The crashes only occur when the game is run in Direct D but they don t happen in OpenGL Also this is the only game that causes the problem Current basic system specs AMD Athlon XP ATI Radeon MB DDR RAM PC GB Hard Drive Western Digital nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I am at wits end with this system I have been trying to get this thing stable for a dogs age This is what Locks, Kernal 41 ID Event Hard BSOD, Power I have done in the past months I have BSOD, Hard Locks, Kernal Power Event ID 41 reinstalled the OS a couple times even Zorin OS on a stand alone clean drive I have run Memtest found bad set of RAM RMA'd Reinstalled the OS as bad Ram was in machine at the time of the reinstall I have also swapped the vid ASUS OC and sound cards Power Supply seems to be OK a CoolerMaster w modular CPU has an Antec Kuhler liquid cooling on it I had it kind of stable for about week after running AMD driver remover and reinstalling the driver Then it started acting up again Went to AMD and found the AMD program at nukes all traces of amd ati drivers off the system Ran that installed ONLY the latest vid driver still crashing CPU liquid temp according to the program sits anywhere from - C depending on the ambient temp on silent ramped up full blown gaming it might get to C I have never had an issue vex me for so long A fresh set of eyes would be appreciated Attached it the SF Diag results Thanks

A:BSOD, Hard Locks, Kernal Power Event ID 41

How old is that Cooler Master PSU? One year? Two? Any more than that and (in my experience) I'd be looking hard at it. Whenever I have had Kernel Power Event 41's, it's been either a PSU issue (solved by replacement) or wall socket power issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355643-bsod-hard-locks-kernal-power-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Lenovo P Touch running Windows Hello first time post When conducting normal computer activities like booting connecting to a network surfing the web etc my computer will completely lock up sometimes for hours on end up/reboots - hard drive? Computer randomly be locks could the it Sometimes it will fail to boot saying something to the effect of quot checked media - failed quot or it will stick on the Lenovo load screen indefinitely These problems first began after upgrading to Windows though this is likely a coincidence I Computer randomly locks up/reboots - could it be the hard drive? reset the system back to Windows which solved the issues temporarily though they came back after about a week Thinking I may have had a virus I downloaded MalwareBytes and ran a scan and nothing came up I also ran Norton Power eraser and again no issues Turning next to the Computer randomly locks up/reboots - could it be the hard drive? hard drive I downloaded Seatools for Computer randomly locks up/reboots - could it be the hard drive? Windows The computer will sometimes fail the SMART diagnostic usually fail the Short Diagnostic Self Test and always fail the Short Generic test always with the code C AC A I know this means that the diagnostic couldn t find the drive s serial number but I have no idea what that actually means Is the hard drive failing or does the problem lie elsewhere Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Computer randomly locks up/reboots - could it be the hard drive?

Hello, a healthy drive will never fail any of these diagnostics. So it looks like you found your culprit.
Backup your data asap and replace the drive. Good excuse for moving to an SSD? Just saying...
Good luck and best regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-locks-up-reboots-could-it-be-the-hard-drive.1131458/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys here s my problem I got this computer for free from a friend who said he had problems with it overheating I m not sure that was actually the problem he doesn t know anything about computers so he got a new one and gave me this one Turns out one of the hard drives had died so I just installed a new one and viola we re back in business It s a ghz pentium sony vaio gigs of ram radeon graphics card running windows xp home However spin Hard up, shut up. repeat, the locks down drives it s been acting up and I m at a loss what it could be Sometimes after a while I hear a click and the hard drives turn off then I can hear them spin back up again It begins Hard drives shut down the spin up, repeat, locks up. doing this over and over and everything locks up the sides are off to cool it off a little so I don t think it s overheating it s not like it shuts down to prevent damage the hard drives just stop spinning and wind back up over and over I m not sure what could possibly be causing it I restored it multiple times to different saves in case it was something I installed but it still does it from time to time Every time I think it s stopped it ll start doing it again It seemed like it would start doing it every time I had my ethernet drivers enabled and when I disabled them it seemed to work but then again there were times when it would do it when they were disabled so I don t think that s it it just seemed to work better with them disabled Could something be loose I m asking because I was burning a dvd and it started doing it and KEPT doing it It would start doing it even during the boot up sequence right when I turn the computer on Eventually it just stopped and now I m typing I can t figure out why it didn t work minutes ago but is working fine now Does anyone have any ideas I m desperate Thanks in advance If this isn t enough info let me know I ll add some that Everest spits out nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone

for the last 2 weeks or so my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state of red.

i thought i had fixed it by trying a few other solutions i had found here on the net such as....

1. re-applying thermal paste to CPU
2. removing build up of dust
3. checking ALL connections
4. Re-installing windows
5. checking hard drive for bad sectors (which it found and fixed)

im running...
windows 7 32bit
3gb RAM
ATI HD6870
1 320GB western digital HDD
1 500GB western digital HDD ( which i think is causing the problems but its only a year old and shouldnt be failing now).

so yeaa..thats my problem..reall starting to anger me and im considering building a completley new system but this ones only a year and a half old :/ any help from you guys would be much apriciated

Thanks
Daniel.

A:Hard drive light goes solid red and computer locks up...

It does sound as though the hard drive has failed or is not far off it.

I may be wrong, but I think Western Digital have a five-year no-quibble guarantee on their hard drives so it'll pay you to check with them.

A hard drive can fail at any time so I think you've just been unlucky.

You should try and get any important data off the drive as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186770-hard-drive-light-goes-solid-red-computer-locks-up.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all I have had an ongoing problem for the past few months of my One Windows XP computer just locking up hard often accompanied by a high pitched whining noise This usually only occures when running XP, Win in Blue total no Hard Locks freeze screen. certain applications Such as Doom and Paradise Poker The reset button is the only way to get out of it Anyhow let me give you Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen. some system infomation and some details of what i ve already looked into Sys Info Athlon XP CPU not overclocked ASUS A V X-X Motherboard MB of PC RAM ASUS Geforce Ti SE vid card SoundBlaster Live Sound card Software info OS Win XP Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen. SP with all current updates other then SP Direct X c Nforce Vid drivers Whatever the latest SoundBlaster Live Drivers are What i ve Tried so far I ve uninstalled and Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen. reinstalled all drivers for vid and sound I ve tried older versions of the drivers for video and sound I ve Reinstalled Direct X I ve tried Direct X b and c I m running Motherboard Monitor and voltages and Heat look to be within tolerable levels Though I don t know how to specificaly monitor vid card only MB I ve tested the bejesuz out of my RAM with several boot disk RAM testers some taking over hours I ve Formated my C Drive reinstalled Win XP tried with fresh drivers and very few programs installed and still get locks in Doom I turned off Fastwrites Sideband and Anti-aliasing in my vid card in its drivers and in a rd party utility I ve set my Vid card to AGP x instead of x using a rd party utility I can t do it in the BIOS due to a chipset limitation of VIA I even added a registry value in case it was some strange AMD AGP bug that Microsoft mentioned HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager Memory Management Value name LargePageMinimum Data type REG DWORD Radix Hexadecimal Data value xffffffff I have Sacrificed a chicken I have Borowed a Live Snake I have purchased a copy of quot Voodoo for Dummies quot Please Help nbsp

A:Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen.

Read the following thread, to see if any of those problems sound familiar to you.

http://forums.techguy.org/t286434.html

Then, follow the directions in the same thread for using Everest Home Edition. Use it to check the output from your power supply, and post your results here; good luck.

-- slingshotter

EDIT: Forgot to ask; how old are the motherboard chipset drivers? The high-pitched noise you describe sounds like leaking electrolytic capacitors, probably the ones near the CPU; check them CLOSELY for bulging tops or leakage from top or bottom. Be sure to check the videocard for the same problem, though this is less likely.

The noise could ALSO be coming from your power supply unit or monitor; listen CAREFULLY to see if you can pinpoint the source. Noise like you've described can also be from an oscillator locking up, which in turn freezes your display; the motherboard is the most likely suspect, but we can't rule ANYTHING out just yet.

-- slingshotter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-locks-in-win-xp-total-freeze-no-blue-screen.286711/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I upgraded my system to Windows bit from Windows Prior to the upgrade my computer had issues where it would occasionally lock up completely not responding to any keys even Ctrl-Alt-Del and unable to move the mouse and a hard Shut Down locks System 30-40 startup sec reboot up, after from required hard i e holding the Power Button down for a few seconds was required in order to bring it back to life It wasn't a huge problem before as it only happened once a week or so but for some reason it now locks up within - seconds of booting every time I power up the laptop following a Proper Shut Down procedure ever since upgrading to Win The odd thing is that it's okay following the power off hard shutdown but does it again after another proper shut down either by closing the lid or clicking System locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup on Settings System locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup Power Shut Down Any help would be greatly appreciated System specs OS Name Microsoft System locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup Windows Pro Version Build System Manufacturer Acer System Model Extensa System Type X -based PC System SKU Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core Processor TK- Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD V SMBIOS Version Embedded Controller Version BIOS Mode Legacy BaseBoard Manufacturer Acer Platform Role Mobile Secure Boot State Unsupported PCR Configuration Binding Not Possible Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions No Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes I've attached the BSOD utility files for your review If I've missed something please let me know Thanks Ken Bell

A:System locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup

Welcome to Eight Forums kbell01.

There are no BSoD dump file in your zip folder, can you check your settings?
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

After checking all the settings, upload any new crash dump files along with the complete SF_Diagnostic_Tool files.

From you information it is probably a hardware issue.

D/L and run the HGST Drive Fitness Test

Test the RAM with memtest86+, leave all RAM cards installed, run for a full 7 passes - best to run overnight.
If you get any errors your can stop the test.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/9063-system-locks-up-hard-reboot-required-after-30-40-sec-startup.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I recently about - months ago so not very recently upraded my system to Windows bit from Vista Ever since then my computer has had up, startup hard 30-40 reboot sec after Completely required locks from issues where it locks up completely unable to move the mouse whatever sound was playing at the time loops and a hard Completely locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup reboot is required in order to bring it back to order It usually wasn't a huge problem before but for some reason it willl now proceed to lock-up within about - seconds of booting up the computer after the desktop loads I tried disconnecting my second hard-drive I had bought a new one to install W on and kept the old one plugged in but that didn't make a difference It seems to boot fine in safemode but I have no idea what the problem could be Any help would be greatly appreciated System specs Operating System Windows Completely locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup Home Premium Completely locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Card name ATI Radeon HD Series I'm not sure what other specs you might need but if I've missed something please let me know Thanks

A:Completely locks up, hard reboot required after 30-40 sec from startup

A link to a post that might help you out: Windows 7 locks up after update. - Microsoft Answers

Failing that, I have another link: Disk Check

EDIT: Wrong information following, see my post below::
{And another (Do this one 3 times): Repair Install]

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198609-completely-locks-up-hard-reboot-required-after-30-40-sec-startup.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I locks Nero drive up hard irretreivably almost BackitUp recently purchased Nero as a general utility I noticed BackitUp had an option to do password protected partition backups and tried it There are GB data on my C system partition and GB data on my D data partition and the Nero BackitUp almost irretreivably locks up hard drive backup to partitions on a second eSATA drive took in excess of hours Throughout this time my D partition was locked which was a bit of a worry Worse some time later after rebooting the computer the drive was still locked and it seemed that BackItUp had decided to do repeat backups without being asked and with nothing listed on its window of scheduled tasks There was a brief window Nero BackitUp almost irretreivably locks up hard drive when Drive D was accessible then I was locked out again The log files on the backup partition indicate thatBackitUp was unable to lock Drive D because it was already locked but it was nonetheless able to complete the backup This seems to confirm that Nero was the owner of the lock and that somehow it had got into a loop Nero tech support appears to be suffering from some disability as its best response is quot As you can see from your screenshots D cannot be accessed by Windows neither As Nero BackItUp uses Windows drivers to access the drives please make sure that Windows has full access to the drive before you want to use it with Nero BackitUp quot Pointing out that it is Nero that is preventing access was useless Any suggestions other than burning BackitUp My system details are below Many thanks for reading all this OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Q Total - MB Free - MB R Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd X A-UD R x x Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-backitup-almost-irretreivably-locks-up-hard-drive.1011985/
Relevancy 46.01%

My issue I am running Win SP on an Locks restart Computer...have hard Solved: the IE9 Win7, video do any to EL computer I reboxed the computer and now Solved: Win7, IE9 any video Locks the Computer...have to do hard restart have gig mem a video card ATI Solved: Win7, IE9 any video Locks the Computer...have to do hard restart Radeon and a AMD Phenom II x e Ghz Ok now to the meat and potatoes Every time I use IE or or and a site has any-type of video that is running the Computer Locks-up This happens in Opera as well as Mozilla both Updated too The only Browser that is glitch free is Chrome lt go figure gt However I need to use these other browsers as well I have searched the forum for several months now and cannot find any posts that match my exact problem Please halp DSG info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X e Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard eMachines EL Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled HJT Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Lexmark S -S Series lxeamon exe C Program Files x Lexmark S -S Series ezprint exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x eMachines Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe C Users Wings of the Heart AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Razer Nostromo RazerNostromoSysTray exe C Program Files x HTC HTC Sync htcUPCTLoader exe C Users Wings of the Heart AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Wings of the Heart AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Wings of the Heart AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Wings of the Heart AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Wings of the Heart Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - HKLM Run Hotkey Utility C Program Files x eMachines Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run BYR AGENT C ProgramData LGMOBILEAX BYR Client VZWNotiAgent exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run Razer Nostromo Driver C Program Files x Razer Nostromo RazerNostromoSysTray exe O - HKLM Run HTC Sync Loader quot C Program Files x HTC HTC Sync htcUPCTLoader exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run Lexmark S -S Series quot C Program Files x Lexmark S -S Series fm exe quot s O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybo... Read more

A:Solved: Win7, IE9 any video Locks the Computer...have to do hard restart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-ie9-any-video-locks-the-computer-have-to-do-hard-restart.1097099/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm unsure if this is a virus or some sort of problem with parts of my computer. My pc is locking up at random intervals and requires a hard reboot. I have ran a recent scan on mbam and it found a pup crossfire virus. I'm hoping the issue can be resolved easily instead of having to buy a new pc or new parts.

A:Computer locks up and requires hard reboot after random moments of use

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455332/computer-locks-up-and-requires-hard-reboot-after-random-moments-of-use/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone

for the last 2 days my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state .
as for the locking up thing i mean it completley locks..mouse doesent move.. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing..only thing i can do is hit the power button untill it shuts off. I'v tried leaving it but the computer was still the same.

im running...
Hp pavilion desktop
windows 7 64bit
4gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT 130
500GB samsung HDD ( which i think is causing the problems )

And also i didn't mention to one thing that when I unplug the wire of Pc my BIOS didn't recognize the time and date , I have to change it myself (Not always) just when I unplug the wire .

so please help me with that im getting mad on that

A:Hard drive light goes solid and computer locks up and freeze

You seem to have a couple of issues.

Quote:
And also i didn't mention to one thing that when I unplug the wire of Pc my BIOS didn't recognize the time and date , I have to change it myself (Not always) just when I unplug the wire .

This happens when the CMOS battery is unable to keep enough charge, so when you unplug the PSU power source
+5V Standby Power also drops and clears your CMOS (BIOS).

Quote:
for the last 2 days my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state .
as for the locking up thing i mean it completley locks..mouse doesent move.. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing..only thing i can do is hit the power button untill it shuts off. I'v tried leaving it but the computer was still the same.

Hard Hangs are usually hardware related .
I would start by taking a closer look at the HDD indeed as it is the first culprit that comes to mind.

Testing the HDD:
Perform a Disk Check | Disk Check
Then Post the results following | THIS METHOD
Download SeaTools for Windows if you don't want to use a CD to test the HDD you can use YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator to create a bootable USB (instructions are found at the bottom of both pages).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301666-hard-drive-light-goes-solid-computer-locks-up-freeze.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I was having issues with a virus removal and inability to remove files from the original hard drive in my Dell Vostro but needed a working laptop so I replaced the hard drive with a GB Western hard drive, now desktop appears Replaced it shortly locks after up Digital Scorpio Blue drive SATA MB RPM Installation and formatting went fine I installed XP and then required drivers from the resource disk from Dell followed by a few hours of updates from Windows Update I then installed Kaspersky Internet Security Carbonite Adobe Reader Flash Shockwave Evernote OpenOffice Malwarebytes Ccleaner Picasa and started to download iTunes While everything was working fine and I was rebuilding my software library I noticed that the system locked up I couldn t even shut down or stop running processes I ve tried disabling startup menu items like Bluetooth which I don t need and nuisance programs like Adobe Replaced hard drive, now it locks up shortly after desktop appears and Google updater I tried to do a selective startup to isolate the issue but can t determine if one particular thing is at fault I ran diagnostics on the whole system and all systems hard drive etc checked out I started it in safe mode with networking and was able to keep it running that way but still wonder if this is a hardware issue since there is nothing on this system Replaced hard drive, now it locks up shortly after desktop appears other than some basic programs that ran just fine together on the older hard drive One process that was running in the background was the download of backed up files from the Carbonite server Does this seem like it might be a hardware issue or XP issue I ve never installed a hard drive until yesterday I m at a loss as to why it keeps locking up shortly after the startup items fully load or once I start using something like a browser or exploring some system files when the setup is nearly identical to my old hard drive BTW the virus issue on my old hard drive was Kaspersky detecting something in real-time and the removal process going awry I run virus software all the time Edited to add It s been running just fine all day in Safe Mode with Networking How can I isolate what is causing the lockup Thanks nbsp

A:Replaced hard drive, now it locks up shortly after desktop appears

jjmn said:

Edited to add: It's been running just fine all day in Safe Mode with Networking. How can I isolate what is causing the lockup?

Thanks!Click to expand...

With a Clean Boot troubleshooting procedure. Run it for both Services and Startup items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-hard-drive-now-it-locks-up-shortly-after-desktop-appears.1037766/
Relevancy 46.01%

My Sony Vaio desktop (VGC-RA820G) (Windows XP) boots up fine when external hard drive is not connected. When I connect external hard drive (Seagate 1.5tb Freeagent Desk) the computer gets to the VAIO splash screen and then it locks up.

A:Sony Vaio locks up when external hard drive connected

I would check Sony to see if there is a bios update. Version 2004 is the latest and last for that model, what version is installed?

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGCRA820G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-locks-up-when-external-hard-drive-connected.915702/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all this is my Locks Vista Errors/Hard First - Post Screen Blue first post on this forum and I am not sure what information I need to include in First Post - Vista Blue Screen Errors/Hard Locks the post so that the information I get back will be accurate and helpful My main problem occurs when I am playing games mainly MMORPG's I get the same error f code whether I am playing World of Warcraft Warhammer Online or Tabula Rasa I recently built my computer and I originally used a pirated Windows XP but I soon went to Vista -bit I First Post - Vista Blue Screen Errors/Hard Locks figured that the -bit version might be better for me First Post - Vista Blue Screen Errors/Hard Locks so I installed that but I have the same problems My hardware software configuration is as follows W Ultra SLI-Ready PSU GB I have GB but only will work in my mobo for some reason OCZ PC SLI-Ready RAM EVGA nForce i SLI Motherboard Pentium Core Quad Q gHz Memorex X IDE DVD-RAM Drive sorry I don't remember model Western Digital Caviar GP TB SATA HDD Dual GeForce GT's Windows Vista Home Premium w SP - I am sure I have updated all drivers to current x Vista Drivers My BIOS tells me to reset the CPU and or memory speed in the CMOS but when I go to reset my RAM timing RAM is - - - - T V the computer tries to find an A drive and restarts and the settings won't stay I have crash-dump file at the moment but I'm sure I will get more within the next few days Any information I did not include that is required by the responding person feel free to ask and if I know how to do it I will get it for you Thank you in advance and I hope I didn't make myself seem dumber than I really am

A:First Post - Vista Blue Screen Errors/Hard Locks

post the mini dumps

run
chkdsk /r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/first-post-vista-blue-screen-errors-hard-locks-335931.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My HP laptop Presario  CQ61. Continuely  blinking  caps , num locks period one. This all happened after upgrading window 10.. please help me to solve the problem. I have sensitive info in hard disk too. I do not like to loose my data as well. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Caps-num-locks-blinking-continually-blank-screen-hard-disk/td-p/5645220
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I was running windows vista on my hp laptop for about a year now and all of a sudden it froze up with no mouse movement and ctrl alt del did nothing I waited for it to respond but in the end had to turn it off by holding the power button When I booted back up I got a blue screen and my computer checked itself and eventually logged me back in I m sorry I m terrible with computers After this any programs I opened would within seconds go opaque and not respond When ctrl alt del was pressed then it would show a black screen then tell me that security options had failed I needed my computer for school so I loaded up a copy of Windows I had never got around to installing after two crashes finally got installed but nothing is fixed All of the problems with programs shutting down still exist the only thing fixed is the security options bit In addition and possibly responds... Nothing most likley a whole new Nothing responds... problem is that my internet says it is connected to my router but not to the internet Any help is appriciated and apologies if I have put this in the wrong place RA nbsp

A:Nothing responds...

Hi and Welcome,
From your specs, is it Hp Pavillion DV4, running Windows7 ? (Or trying to). There seem to be several types starting DV4, could you clarify how much ram is on there?

What O/S did it originally come with?

You say "I loaded up a copy of Windows 7 I had never got around to installing," where did you get that from?

Thanks.

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nothing-responds.967521/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everybody At the beginning of the month my computer began experiencing what I assumed were random lock ups I could have the computer on for about minutes or so at a time before the lock ups occurred The odd thing about these crashes was that they took place one program at a time First my browser would lock up but I could still use my taskbar until I tried to use the start menu or open the clock etc Then my desktop would lock up if Computer locks on defrag drive up and hard chkdsk; suspected failure I tried to use any shortcuts I eventually got frustrated with trying to troubleshoot it and completely reformatted installing XP from scratch Everything was perfectly fine up until I installed Diskeeper and tried to run a defrag on my computer The lock ups occurred once more Because Diskeeper also uses its auto-defragger tool I realized that it was the cause of my lock ups prior to reformatting my drive as well I tried defragging in safe mode using a different defragging software and ran chkdsk In all cases my computer froze with chkdsk consistently locking up on phase at I suspect that my hard drives I have two GB WD Raptors in a RAID array maybe failing or at least one of them but it s hard to tell outside this defragging chkdsk issue my Computer locks up on defrag and chkdsk; suspected hard drive failure computer runs flawlessly though I have noticed the slightest bit of lag when accessing files and programs lately which could be attributed to the lack of a defrag If one of my hard disks was failing I would expect a much more cumbersome degree of errors like blue screens or disappearing inaccessible files The computer seems fine unless I try to defrag or run chkdsk and I just don t understand it Like I said everything on my computer is nestled on a RAID array of two GB WD Raptor drives on a P N-E SLI motherboard nForce i chipset with Windows XP as my OS The stripe size is kb and my Nvidia RAID controller always lists the array as healthy I ve considered the possibility that my motherboard s RAID controller is failing or somehow damaged but I wouldn t know how to verify this My computer with this hardware and using Diskeeper as my primary defragging software has ran flawlessly up to this point about years I would love to save myself from spending - on a replacement hard drive so any and all help that can be contributed would be much appreciated If there is any other information required please let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Dell Inspiron WinXP Home Media SP Ver GHz RAM free now defragmented AVG Ran updated and in safe mode AVG Spybot Adaware SuperAntiSpyware MalwareBytes A-Squared On-line McAfee F-Secure TrendMicro Windows Live-One and Malicious Malware Remover DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Julz at on browser boot hard and Locks-up, jumps slow, crashes, typing must Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Locks-up, typing jumps and slow, browser crashes, must hard boot AV Bitdefender Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Locks-up, typing jumps and slow, browser crashes, must hard boot Updated AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcxmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS system dlcxcoms exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Julz Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www aol com src aim uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks AOLSearchHook Class eb ea-e be- cfd- f f-c a c eafa - c program files aol search AOLSearch dll BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO HP Print Clips f -dc - -a c- f d c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp framework dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO AOLSearchHook Class eb ea-e be- cfd- f f-c a c eafa - c program files aol search AOLSearch dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e... Read more

A:Locks-up, typing jumps and slow, browser crashes, must hard boot

I have tried additional procedures so therefore this log is of no further use and the topic is now closed......

Thank You

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211588/locks-up-typing-jumps-and-slow-browser-crashes-must-hard-boot/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

It takes IE about 3 minutes to open. I bring it up and I have a white page. The window is frozen until the page fully loads. I can't scroll. I can't click on tools or home or favorites. I can't even get out of the page without bringing up task manager. I called my internet provider. It's not the modem. He had me start up in safe mode and the pages came up fast as normal again.

What could be doing this?

How can I fix this annoyance without reformatting?

Thank you.

A:IE responds slooowww

Do you have a lot of toolbars, this slows down IE dramatically. Try disabling any of them that you don't need.
You could also try resetting you IE settings back to their default: Tools > click "Advanced" tab > Reset.
Also check your add-ons: Tools > Programs > Manage add-ons.
You could also try rolling back to a previous version of IE, and then reinstalling the update again.

Are you experiencing any decrease in speed when using any other applications/browsers or is it only IE?

These are just a few things that I would have a check with if it happened to me, it's worth a shot anyway

Oh - Have you scanned for any spyware/viruses? I use Malware bytes. Restart in safe mode with networking (to update the program) and then check for infections

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/262939-ie-responds-slooowww.html
Relevancy 45.15%

When I return to my computer, I press a key and the screen returns to life, but the computer doesn't. The arrow on the screen responds to my moving the mouse, but nothing else works. After about 20 seconds, which seems like forever, the computer responds again and behaves normally. The problem started a few days ago. I don't know what changes I made in the last few days. Running an HP6630f with Windows 7.

How do I troubleshoot this problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385624/computer-responds-very-very-s-l-o-w-l-y/
Relevancy 45.15%

my computer dell inspirion a has a virus i have no anti virus because of the time :D LOVE who anyone Will responds im playin WoW or one of many steam games well the now has my computer infected i have no important info on it just lotsa games which can all be reinstalled so heres what i did after i disconnected it from the internet action try system restore result system restore non responsive action bring up task manager result task manger does not pop up but shows it should b there on the shorcut thingy action tried booting my factory OS reinstall disk tried making it the only available boot device first in boot order and booted directly from boot menu result this happend for all the above No Boot Device Available Sata- installed Sata- installed Sata- none Sata- none ALSO while booting Will LOVE anyone who responds :D from cd dvd drive the drive is moving so fast its shaking the computer its never done that before ALSO i tried switching sata cables around like someone said to in my last post still get that error with a diffrent sata installed ALSO i have successfully reformated this computer with this os disk times in the past years ALSO i thought to test it to see if it worked at all i tried my norton disk a few movies a fews music cds some game cds and my adapter cd interestingly enough it recognized of the game cds and my wireless adapter set up cd but nothing else action i try installing norton result no disk found after those actions ive come to the conclusion that either my cd dvd drive has finally died or the virus has done something to its drivers to prevent the user from installing antivirus or reformatting the harddrive which brings me here to ask the great population of the internet for help i could take it to the tech shop here but there the only one anywhere near and they charge out the frame for me to take my computer in have them fix it in min and then hold it for days to charge me more i cant afford that and i have a decent knowlege base on computers and determination so heres my questions is there a way to find out if my cd dvd drive is shot or if a virus has somehow messed with its setting in a way causing it not to read anything i have the os disk that came with my computer but if my cd drives shot or just disabled it does me no good but i noticed the option to boot from removable i have a second computer at my disposal but its not exactly mine when i pop the bootable os disk in this computer its not recognized so is there a program that would be able to recognize it and be able to put it on my flash drive even if i get the program on my jump drive will my computer recognized the device program as bootable is there some sorta user agreement that i would violate by trying to rip the os reinstall programm off the disk its not like im trying to rip the programm to give to the population of the internet i just need to get it to another possible bootable device like i said i have access to another computer would it b possible to like use norton offa this computer to maybe scan for the infection on my other computer ive been to the local tech store and what they do that takes no effort on thier part but i guess requires enough of there quot time quot to charge u is they have a second computer and im using logical deduction from what i witnessed for minutes it seemed like they used this second computer to reformat the hard drive of the quot infected quot computer and then reinstalled the os which i mean it takes like - hours to do but they dont spend more than actually doing anything so is there a way i can do that even if its extremely conveluted IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THIS AND PLAN ON RESPONDING ANY HELPFULL INFORMATION WILL BE HIGHLY APRICIATED ive exausted my expertise on the situation and i sincerely hope there is someone out there willing to help im eternally gratefull for anyone who helps and if u want to go the extra mile i have a cell device if you were willing to actually talk me through doing any of this ... Read more

A:Will LOVE anyone who responds :D

Hi,

Combofix is not a toy and it is strongly advised against running the tool without the guidance of someone tried in its use.

Please read the instructions HERE for downloading and running the first set of Diagnostics Tools and posting there logs.

Please post the logs back to this thread and please do not start a new one.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/will-love-anyone-who-responds-d-573033.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I recieved an automatic update from windows today After it installed itself i noticed that what ever I click on icons or files nothing happens I managed to get her from a link in ccleaner program No sys tools function nothing I have been downloading a lot of video making software and maybe a bug was in one of those downloads I have included log files you asked for see below Thank you for your help Larry Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour nothing clicked when responds mDNSResponder exe C nothing responds when clicked WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Sony PMB PMBDeviceInfoProvider exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe C Program Files The Weather Channel The Weather Channel App TWCApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Larry My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www charter net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Wondershare Helper Compact exe C Program Files Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe O - HKCU Run DW quot C Program Files The Weather Channel The Weather Channel App TWCApp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run IncrediMail C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe c O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE - http download bitdefender com resources scanner sources en scan oscan cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com mic ls en x client muweb site cab O - DPF BB F - F - EC -BF D- BD C AE - http ax emsis... Read more

A:nothing responds when clicked

I have managed to get to my system restore and was able to restore before the last windows update. Things seem to be normal again!! Larry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nothing-responds-when-clicked.1090968/
Relevancy 45.15%

Been having some real slow speed on my com and really laggy Laggy responds connection Can someone check if my com is healthy Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Laggy responds C WINDOWS system services exe Laggy responds C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Laggy responds system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system AvidSDMService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files cFosSpeed spd exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files VDOTool TBPanel exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files cFosSpeed cFosSpeed exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings suyan Desktop HJT exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Gainward C Program Files VDOTool TBPanel exe A O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run cFosSpeed C Program Files cFosSpeed cFosSpeed exe O - ... Read more

A:Laggy responds

You have two anti-virus programs running, which will cause trouble. Uninstall one of them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laggy-responds.674929/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello This computer seems to be having a few issues One problem is it is old years Recently I noticed some unusual pops ups when using Firefox I responds Desktop icons not don t think it was exactly the same one I only use this computer once a week I know this is a lack of info for you but about weeks ago the icons on the desktop stopped responding and we could no longer use this computer When I tried to reboot it it seemed as if Windows may not have booted properly the blue Desktop icons not responds bar at the bottom was a pale white color I turned the computer off today for several hours and when I hooked it back up and started it up everything booted normal and now my desktop icons appear to be working normal as of now I know this is an old computer I hope to keep it running for about more months If someone could offer any advice to see if anything is wrong that can be fixed and it isn t the hardware dying I would greatly appreciate your time The operating system is Windows XP Thanks in advance Sushi

A:Desktop icons not responds

Hello SushiWe should run a file checker gst some info and then scan it,Please run SFC (System File Checker) Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System FilesNOTE for Vista/WIN 7 users..The command needs to be run from an Elevated Command Prompt.Click Start, type cmd into the Start/Search box,right-click cmd.exe in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator'You will need your operating system CD handy.Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESCThen click File.. then New Task(Run)In the box that opens type sfc /scannow ......There is a space between c and /Click OKLet it run and insert the CD when asked.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Devices List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Click on the Scan button.When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes when done.Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, go to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes Anti-Malware folder > Tools > click on Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Progra... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469728/desktop-icons-not-responds/
Relevancy 44.72%

For an unknown reason my DVD drive has stopped working When I insert a disk the green light flashes briefly after the tray closes and then nothing When I try to open or explore in Windows Explorer it just opens a blank window Nor does a disk autostart I am no longer responds... drive DVD running XP Home SP and the drive is a LiteOn DVDRW SHM- H S I have not installed any new software drivers updates I have not changed any DVD drive no longer responds... settings I searched and in the following link followed JohnWills instructions for the reg edit http forums techguy org hardware -solved-dvd-cd-rom-drive html post I tried reseating the IDE cable as well as move the jumper from Master to Cable Select No error or conflict appears within device manager I uninstalled the drive device manager and let Windows quot find new hardware According to device manager it is working DVD drive no longer responds... properly Also it responds to the context menu eject command I have tried both CDs and DVDs both commercial and disks I have created Not sure what is the cause here I d be greatful for help Thank you nbsp

A:DVD drive no longer responds...

Drives do fail. As a quick test, put in your xp CD and reboot. Enter the bios and check to see that the CD is the first boot device. Now restart and see if you can boot from the problem drive. If it does not boot from the xp CD, your drive has most likely failed. You could pull it and try it in another machine to be sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-no-longer-responds.537331/
Relevancy 44.72%

After years of opening and closing my DVD drive, when I press the button on my emachines T6520, to open the DVD drive, the motor in there is turning, but the device will not open.

My system hard drive was just fixed for viruses, and the technician will not help me with the DVD drive. He says the problem is with the motor.

I was going to try running firmware, but I don't understand the technology, and I don't like the warnings about possible wiping out the contents of my hard drive.

I know what the replacement part is, a Samsung, but I don't want to spend the cash if there is another solution. Any good suggestions are appreciated.

Tony

A:DVD drive no longer responds

If this is just your DVD drive then they are not expensive to replace.....

Also you can get a paper clip and straighten it and their should be a small hole located on the front DVD draw.....poke the paper clip in it and the drive should open manually

Have you also tried going to My Computer right clicking the DVD drive Icon and choosing Eject

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-no-longer-responds.705129/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently purchased a Lenovo R61i laptop with XP and installed Microsoft fax. We have pulse dialing. The program appears to be responding to outgoing messages improperly. Whenever we dial out with another phone or another computer on the line, the fax monitor pops up and the phone rings through the computer. This is a problem when the other computer on the line attempts to call our ISP as the fax program prevents the connection from being made. I used Microsoft fax on my old laptop with Win 2000 with no problems. Fax Console never reacted to outgoing calls. What should I do to make it work for XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fax-responds-to-outgoing-calls.768714/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys Hope you can help me with this one cause it got me baffled The problem is windows responds very slowly any action you do takes about - secs to complete and I mean any click of the mouse For example I click on the taskbar to open another window and nothing happens then after secs or so it opens This isn t happening all the time just once in a while but it doesn t go away so I m forced to restart windows Now this issue seemed to effect all programs but it XP slowly Windows responds very s happening right now Windows XP responds very slowly and opera doesn t seem to be effected At the moment explorer desktop and the taskbar are delayed It takes a while to open task manager but when it opens it doesn t have delay On other occasions everything is effected and I m just forced to restart my PC one way or another to fix it temporarily until another hang up happens One interesting thing there is to mention is that I can see a process called System Idle Process that s taking up - of the CPU I have no idea what the process does but it may be related to the problem By the way my system is certainly not a problem because it never Windows XP responds very slowly happened before And I have an almost fresh install of windows weeks old at most The only new thing I remember changing is that now I use Service Pack instead of I don t want to reinstall windows again before asking someone s advice about this maybe there s a simple solution I missed So that s the best I can describe all this hope someone has any ideas If there s any other info I can supply with just ask Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello friends IBM system a responds in stucky way i ve got a IBM Pc with a hp scanner c years back with a win installed i formatted it and installed win since then the performance of my pc has come down a lot IBM system responds in a stucky way the typical problem i face is whenever i type something in a text box the system gets hanges for a couple of sec and then characters are displayed in the box also if i open any window system freezes or can say as gets stuck for a while and then the screen appers suddenly in a flash i have tried all these IBM system responds in a stucky way aoptions Check the disk for errors Scandisk and also defragged the IBM system responds in a stucky way disk increased the Ram to mb increased the page file size to gb checked whether my fan is working properly it was checked the PC health status in Bios setup it showed oC did most of the performance related tweaks available like DMA enabling etc i also tested my PC through a website which said my pc is ok pls help me to know whether its a harware prob or a OS related issue and how can i solve it Thx in advance Jag nbsp

A:IBM system responds in a stucky way

5) checked the PC health status in Bios setup(it showed 70 oC)
I take it that this is the cpu temp.If so its a bit warm
Go here http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/ and download hijack this, don't try and repair any thing just save the log and copy and paste it back here so we can see whats running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-system-responds-in-a-stucky-way.207254/
Relevancy 44.72%

ok im playing a game and everytime i get it going my mouse gets crazy. it keeps flashingbut stops when i close it out . nothings really wrong but annoying. can ne of u tell me how to fix this plz ty. and tell me what is going on wit it?

Relevancy 44.72%

Today i tried to open a file which was saved on a floppy. I put it in the A: drive and cliked the icon on My Computer, but it can barely load up the diskette. It would make a noise and the light would go on but everything ells loads SUPER slow. Can anyone help me fix this. Argh i want to install my controller driver so bad so i can play some games, but it wont let me because of this.

I have a windows 98 with 320 meg of ram

Thanks.

Relevancy 44.72%

This started recently just randomly. I click the start menu button then click something on it that's a system thing (eg. Control Panel, My Computer) and my alt + tab speed has slow down also.
I have Intel Core i7 processor, 3gb of RAM, and 858gb of free space on my hard drive so I don't know why this is happening. I recently defragmented and did a Spyware/Virus scan with ZoneAlarm security suite.

A:Explorer.exe responds very slow

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Download and install CCleaner, delete temp files, run Registry cleaner too. Now download and install www.malwarebytes.org run full scan, delete nasties. restart into normal mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-exe-responds-very-slow-391189.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

My CRT monitor has gone blank - it doesn't display anything.

However, it does respond by going into standby or sleep mode and upon moving the mouse, resumes from standby or sleep mode.
It also displays the monitor controls/functions nice and clearly.

At times it flashes the display (especially when I shutdown windows or at time of booting-when the WinXP boot screen comes) & I can see the Windows logo.

I tried using a different system unit, but the same.

Pls help.

Relevancy 44.72%

My computer turned itselelf off and refused to turn back on for several attempts It said quot display drivers unrecognized quot Trojan since in quarantine system recovery Never tried to remove Display is currently very distorted Below is current HJT Logfile of terribly. looks My responds and computer Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C My computer looks and responds terribly. PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp My computer looks and responds terribly. pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet nodetect O - HKLM Run MsmqIntCert regsvr s mqrt dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut CHDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run RecGuard C Windows SMINST RecGuard exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - S- ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-looks-and-responds-terribly.691365/
Relevancy 44.29%

Im locked out of my phone, and Ive tried to do all the steps for a hard reset and it doesnt work.
Tried - Volume down and power the phone keeps cycleing through the boot up with an (!) on the screen
Tried - Volume down, Volume up, power off, no change

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439847-i-cant-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

when using hardware buttons to perform hard reset it does'nt work. i cant reach recovery mode, the phone just powers on normally every time

A:why cant i do a hard reset

If you can't figure out the hardware keys, you can reset the phone through settings > about > reset my phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443752-why-cant-i-do-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I need to run a hard reset on an Pavillion notebook as it won't start up at all/slowly. If I do this will it delete any saved files on the notebook as my daughter has all her exam work on it.Thx

A:Hard Reset

A reset will delete all of the files on the notebook. It is not a hard reset. that is something different. Have you tried booting to the usb recovery media that you should have created by now?If you do that, you can use Windows system restore to resolve the issue.  Do you see it below the Precautions heading in the image? Windows System refresh will also fix the issue without deleting any personal files.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Reset/td-p/5566689
Relevancy 44.29%

Will hard reset result in loss of valuable data (data in hard disk)?

A:Hard reset

No. A hard reset will not caue data loss.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset/td-p/5788091
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

A:How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

Hi: Here is a link with information for how to do a hard reset... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-do-a-hard-reset-on-my-hp-lap-top/td-p/5743314
Relevancy 44.29%

My computer worked fine one day the next day it in responds boot Nothing mode regular started acting up without my downloading anything Nothing responds in regular boot mode in the meantime I can boot up in Nothing responds in regular boot mode safe mode and everything works and I can access the internet but when I restart in regular mode none of the icons will open the programs the buttons don t work the touchpad does not work and the cursor eventually freezes with the little circle going round and round I can reboot in safe mode with networking and everything works just fine I transferred most of my files to an external hard drive run Avast run AdAware downloaded Malwarebytes which found two Trojans which I deleted eventually downloaded Combofix from your site and ran that Nothing has cleared up the problem I tried uninstalling some programs and got the message that Windows installer could not be accessed So I downloaded Total Uninstall and was then able to uninstall them I cannot run System Restore as I get the messaage that I have no restore point When I go to system protection I see no prompt to create a restore point I continually run my anti-virus programs and get no malware detected I am running Vista Home Premium with Service pack bit Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Nothing responds in regular boot mode

Hello

I would like to provide you with some help, but first can you confirm that a faulty HDD is not causing the problems ? Or maybe the trackpad driver?

Can you also provide me with some more information on your machine?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446694/nothing-responds-in-regular-boot-mode/
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings
When I say "Hey Cortana" and for example, then say reminder, Cortana does not respond by voice to each request. Sometimes Cortana responds with her voice, sometimes just by opening the reminder window - Tell me your reminder, text only no voice.
Any ideas to resolve this, so Cortana responds by voice to all spoken "hey Cortana" requests.

A:Hey Cotana - Cortana responds with voice only sometimes

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Greetings
When I say "Hey Cortana" and for example, then say reminder, Cortana does not respond by voice to each request. Sometimes Cortana responds with her voice, sometimes just by opening the reminder window - Tell me your reminder, text only no voice.
Any ideas to resolve this, so Cortana responds by voice to all spoken "hey Cortana" requests. you've checked the Cortana settings? Especially in notebook?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436264-hey-cotana-cortana-responds-voice-only-sometimes.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I originally took this problem to the malware section as I thought that was the problem. The Chemist took me through all the steps with combofix and said everything is clean, and that the problem may be a Windows 7 problem.
I am unable to click on anything to open in normal mode. Sometimes things change lose color and look opaque, but nothing will open. Safe mode seems fine. The only problems I have had in safe mode is the cursor jumping around while typing. Also I cannot click directly on documents from the start menu, I have to click on computer, then documents from there.

Thanks for any help.

A:Computer only responds in safe mode

Try restoring the computer back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-only-responds-in-safe-mode-639094.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I started having this problem today though for a couple of weeks now I have been seeing a problem where everything stops responding then recovers after about a minute This happens opened. can login nothing with responds, be nothing - Problems on all accounts I start up the computer and everything goes fine There is a brief blank screen before the login screen Problems with login - nothing responds, nothing can be opened. comes up but that's not a problem I enter my password Problems with login - nothing responds, nothing can be opened. and it begins to log in Sometimes it stops here stuck on the Welcome screen though it usually continues It progresses to a completely black screen with nothing except the cursor visible Again sometimes it gets stuck here but usually after about half a minute it continues to the desktop AIM is set to open on login and it does Everything appears to be going fine However the moment I try to open any other program or even interact with AIM it stops responding the desktop begins to fade and I can't do anything The task manager doesn't open with either shortcut I can't open the start menu or really do anything except move the mouse around It sounds like a problem with explorer exe but how do I fix that Can I do anything short of reinstalling The problem doesn't occur on safe mode I am typing this on Safe Mode with Networking System Restore doesn't help I have a Windows installation disc here Can I run a repair install from safe mode I am using Windows Home Premium on a roughly year and a half old PC which has never really given me major problems before EDIT I should point out that I don't see BSODs at all with this problem

A:Problems with login - nothing responds, nothing can be opened.

Harsalon,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Since AIM is where you system hangs, let's stop starting AIM.

While in SafeMode without networking:

WIN | type MSCONFIG | ENTER | STARTUP tab |
uncheck ALL

Reboot!

Don't worry. you simply told Win 7 to not run those programs at startup time. Later you can come back and recheck some of those items.

WIN=key with the Microsoft logo on top.

Let me know if the system is now usable. The next steps will go smoother and easier if you do not need to use Safe Mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231781-problems-login-nothing-responds-nothing-can-opened.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My outlook express responds so slowly now and I don't know what I did. Had a virus, fixed it and thought perhaps it had damaged system files. I ran sfc, uninstalled OE and re installed it. Still slow. I cleaned up my hardrive every way I could think of. I read up on 16 vs.32 FAT but don't know what or how to do it or how to check which I have now. Can you think what might be making OE respond so slowly? Thanks.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hey Guys,I am facing a very big problem.I have started a hosted network through an Ethernet cable.It worked well for 2-3 days,but after sometime my Ethernet started not responding to my hosted network.The Ethernet is working fine on my laptop but just as i share this connection as a Wi-fi hotspot,it connects to my lumia 535 but nevers responds.In the 'status of the connection' dialog box,it is shown receiving data but never sends data to my phone.It is really annoying me.
I have tried many solutions to the problem but none of them solves the issue.Please help me!!!!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62656-my-ethernet-never-responds-my-wi-fi-hosted-network.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a laptop with chrome that for some reason will not respond properly. If you type in the omnibar or search bar. You can begin typing, it only shows one letter, but the predictive text box shows the other letters you typed before freezing in place itself. However, if you resize the window it refreshes everything and everything shows as you typed it. If you try to go to settings, you have to resize the window before you can see anything.

I've used geek uninstaller, and reinstalled
Downloaded the google software remover tool incase there were any programs causing issues.
Tried resetting chrome

This computer has a clean install and has an encrypted hard drive due to the medical facility that is going to use it.

Any help is appreciated, Thank you very much.

A:Chrome Only Responds When You Resize The Window

I figured it out you put  " --disable-gpu " at the end of the "target" box in the shortcut properties.

And... updating the graphics driver can help do away with the need for the disable gpu parameters.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554991/chrome-only-responds-when-you-resize-the-window/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a WinXP PC that I use to create and send LAN responds to Webserver address, External not but content to a laptop running mandrake linux For almost months everything worked fine I had a Samba share setup and mapped to a drive that I used to transfer data to Webserver responds to External address, but not LAN my webserver However today I try to browse the share via windows explorer and it says that the drive could not be reconnected I go to Webserver responds to External address, but not LAN view network computers and at first it shows my local machine that I am on and not the Server and when I refreshed it after rebooting the server I get a You may not have permission to use this network resource So i decide to connect to the laptop via ssh to take a look at my configuration files using the address my ssh client would not connect however I CAN connect using the servers external address www jeremysmitherman com and on that note my webserver is still operating properly as long as I use www jeremysmitehrman com and other computers outside of my network can access it as well however typing into my web browser only yields a timeout And yes I am sure the Internal address is right ifconfig tells me that the address is indeed I can give you whatever conf files you need on request thanks nbsp

A:Webserver responds to External address, but not LAN

Does the internal IP respond to a ping request?

Have you tried bringing the inteface down and back up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webserver-responds-to-external-address-but-not-lan.30305/
Relevancy 44.29%

Quote At Hack. 2 Microsoft Responds to IE8 Minute the annual Pwn Own contest IE was hacked in less than two minutes on a fully-patched -bit Windows installation by Peter Vreugdenhil who bypassed ASLR Address Space Layout Randomization and DEP Data Execution Prevention This allowed him to run any process on a computer that visited a website which launched his malicious code as he had complete access to an interactive shell Now Microsoft has responded to the incident saying that IE has some of the best safety and privacy features available today Protecting Windows customers is an absolute priority for the Internet Explorer engineering team That s why we work hard Microsoft Responds to 2 Minute IE8 Hack. to make sure our Microsoft Responds to 2 Minute IE8 Hack. browser has some of the best safety and privacy features available today We ve spent a lot of time talking about some of the more visible safety and privacy features like our SmartScreen Filter that protects users from socially engineered malware and phishing attacks or the InPrivate features that put you in control of how you share your information Source - Microsoft Responds to Minute IE Hack Windows News

A:Microsoft Responds to 2 Minute IE8 Hack.

Very interesting. Micro$oft respond to a security hack by talking about all the security that the browser has. I think that this is going to be a case of "rats deserting a sinking ship". Not that I'm saying that the users of IE are rats of course, just using it as an analogy of how quickly people will be jumping to another browser, imho.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/75007-microsoft-responds-2-minute-ie8-hack.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Well I recently was cleaning my system of dust and dust bunnies in attempt to get it down from C in temperature It worked i got in Windows not in but Boot, Keyboard Responds it down to C but I think I accidentally took out all my USB devices while the system was Keyboard Responds in Boot, but not in Windows still on My mouse is fine I had to take it out and put it in again once or twice for it to work but it eventually did But I cannot get my keyboard to work or my audio I can boot and everything and my keyboard will work But right when Windows loads all the keys stop I can still use the special keys on the keyboard such as calculator hot key and mute sound so on but I cant type any words The best I've gotten was me slamming my head against the keyboard and one brief quot a quot appearing on the text document My heart skipped a beat but I cannot replicate this at all I don't think a virus is a problem because I have an up-to-date kaspersky virus scan program as well as me resetting my system windows less than days ago If someone can help me with my problem I would greatly appreciate it

A:Keyboard Responds in Boot, but not in Windows

is pnp enabled in the bios

in the device manager click on view at the top and in the dropdown
show hidden devices
then uninstall all listed usb items
turn the computer off
unplug usb plugs
reboot twice
replug in the usb plugs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-responds-in-boot-but-not-in-windows-376968.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am having a terrible time with browsing on this new Gigabyte Brix BXBT- mini PC that I got from Amazon Its specs are Intel Celeron CPU quickly is PC Browsing slow, very responds J GHz CPUs GB RAM Intel HD graphics MB of memory shared dedicated Current display mode X bit Hz SSD drive GB operating system Browsing is very slow, PC responds quickly Windows on bits I need to mention that when not browsing the computer has a quick response in everything I do The moment I start browsing it starts lagging heavily especially on pages that have lots of images Even after the page finished loading it still lags heavily when scrolling and clicking sometimes a few seconds I need to specify that I know it's a low end PC but the only things that I want are smooth browsing and watching movies the last works perfectly I don't know about others but this lagging drives me nuts I would happily upgrade get a new PC but I'm not convinced it's the fault of the hardware My internet download speed goes up to MB s with torrents and the download speed on YouTube is also acceptable I currently have Internet Explorer Chrome and Firefox and they all show the same problems I have two big questions for you guys Can my computer be made fit for its sole purpose responding quickly on web pages I don't mind downloading speed as much as I mind the lag What would be an alternative hardware setup could be more expensive that would do the job for me Thanks a lot for your time

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/browsing-very-slow-pc-responds-quickly-4599001/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello My computer locks up while using internet explorer It also locks up during shutdown It seems to run fine if I am doing anything else So far I have tried Clean up Spybot Ad Aware Avast virus scan Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system locks up Explorer during & up computer shutdown Internet Locks winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe Internet Explorer Locks up & computer locks up during shutdown C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Internet Explorer Locks up & computer locks up during shutdown WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Valve Steam Steam exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run C Sound RunDll c cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run DeviceDiscovery C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Steam C Program Files Valve Steam Steam exe -silent O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-locks-up-computer-locks-up-during-shutdown.702074/
Relevancy 43.86%

My -month-old laptop was running poorly so I backed up my data to an external drive and used the Settings menu to reset the computer to its original state including deleting all data files nbsp The reset hung up at for many minutes without change so I tried a hard reset per the instructions on hard to reset Unable the HP Support website nbsp I removed the battery held down the Power button for seconds to discharge the capacitors reinstalled the battery and hit the Power button nbsp I get a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner for a few seconds then the HP logo appears for a few seconds then the screen goes dark nbsp This repeats endlessly nbsp No startup menu ever appears Ctrl-Alt-Del has no effect and repeating the hard reset instructions has no effect nbsp The startup seems to get caught in a never-ending loop nbsp I just want to reset the laptop to its original configuration Any suggestions nbsp nbsp

A:Unable to hard reset

There are other ways you could run Reset/Recovery:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-hard-reset/td-p/5826966
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys I am frustrated I wanted to dual-boot Windows on my Windows Home Premium laptop and shrinked my Drive Hard Reset disk by about GB I went on to create a new volume as you can see in the screenshot below I actually re-installed Reset Hard Drive Windows and succesfully managed to do so but now when I boot the Windows installer I get to the quot select volume quot part and the only option I can choose is my Windows volume Windows II in the screenshot For every other volume all the options like formatting deleting and creating a new one are greyed out Trying to install on unallocated space also does not work Now I have almost given up I have got almost no space left on my active volume and can not increase it nor can I install a new operating system because it doesn't work any of the virtual volumes What I would like to do now is to either be able to extend my active volume or to reset the whole harddrive and to re-install Windows all over again Please help me sevenforums

A:Reset Hard Drive

Well, for starters your disk is dynamic - no good. If you want that many primary partitions, initialize it in GPT.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367494-reset-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi! I've a great problem. I've activated HP Drive Encryption with no fingerprint access and my tablet dowsn't recognize my password. I can't login and I don't know how to enter in the BIOS. How can I do a hard reset?Thanks!

A:Hard Reset on HP Elite X2

Hard reset documenthttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/  You will need to contact HP directly for your issue. See the following web document for contact options.http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/home/ 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Hard-Reset-on-HP-Elite-X2/td-p/5540680
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,I seem to have corrupt bios.  I was setting up the system with Xubuntu 16.04 so I went into the bios settings to change it from "Legacy" to "UEFI with CMS" after I saved it and rebooted it went to a blank screen with the backlight on.  Since then I've gone through the hard reset proceedures posted here using the external method with both of the bios versions posted. So far nothing has worked but it is accessing the usb drive and the screen backlight does come on and off but only in the early stages of the process.  After that, nothing! I've tried holding the "win" key and "b" for several minutes so I'm fairly sure I'm not letting go too early.  No flashing lights or beeps! So is this the right proceedure?  Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-reset-on-a-14-d004au/td-p/5714711
Relevancy 43.86%

i want to hard reset my laptop bac to out of the box factory settings but everytime i try it with the f11 option it keeps asking for a disc to continue. laptop didnt come with a operating system disc. and if i try to fully reset it throught the options menu it doesnt do anything, all it does is say this will take a moment then that screen closes and nothing ever happens it takes me back to my desktop but never resets my computer.

A:i can not hard reset my laptop

Hello, Your PC came with Windows 8.1. The Win 10 upgrade killed the recovery partition. You need an HP Recovery disc set . The Grzy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-can-not-hard-reset-my-laptop/td-p/5825375
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I've been working on a computer that has had a lot of recent issues with its hard drive, and I'm getting tired of trying to fix it with the computer utilities. Could I have a link to instructions on how to completely reset my hard drive, erasing everything on it? The computer is a Dimension 8250 and doesn't have a warrantee any longer, nor does it have anything valuable on it, although I could easily transfer the few remaining files that I would like to keep onto another computer. I also have the XP boot disc, so I should be ready to do this. Thks.

A:Reset Hard Drive

Hi .

If "reset" means delete everything...

You can just use the XP CD...to delete everything on any drive, before creating a new partition/formatting/installing XP.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176180/reset-hard-drive/
Relevancy 43.86%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,I have recently smashed my screen so i am using a tv screen with a HDMI cable. I was doing a PowerPoint presentation and then it froze so I restarted my NoteBook but when I went to turn it back on the screen remained blank but it does turn on. I have tried hard reset on the notebook but I can't see it in the HDMI tv screen. And was wondering if there is a way to get everything back up and running again? Thank You.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HDMI Hard Reset.

Hello,Sorry just got everything sorted thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HDMI-Hard-Reset/td-p/5823200
Relevancy 43.86%

If I make a hard reset to my phone, will be deleted also the content of the memory card?

A:Hard reset WM10

If you initiate from the settings menu you will be asked whether or not to erase the SD card. If you initiate using the key combination from a phone that will not start, I don't know what the default behavior is. I suggest you remove the card before using the key combination just to be safe.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438052-hard-reset-wm10.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I shut down my laptop today and went shopping. When I came home, it wouldn't turn on. This has happened a couple of times before and I've tried giving it a hard reset. I tried turning it on without the battery and just the power cord and nothing. The light where the power cord goes in is on when it is plugged in. I tried everything and still won't start. My warranty for this laptop is gone and don't know what else to try. Please help!

A:Won't start. Tried hard reset and everything

Hi @krakaholyknight, Thank you for your query. I am happy to lend a helping hand. To confirm that I have the correct product, yours is a HP Stream Notebook-11-d007na? I understand that your notebook was working when you shut it down. When you tried turning it on again it would not start. This has occurred a couple of times before and a hard reset  resolved the issue. You tried removing the battery but that did not help. You do see a light on the power port when connected to AC power.  Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Please let me know the outcome. If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the ?Thumbs Up? below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Won-t-start-Tried-hard-reset-and-everything/td-p/5760886
Relevancy 43.86%

Is there any way to disable a hard reset of a laptop (i.e. holding the power button down for five seconds)? Could one use C sharp or something like this to achieve this goal? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Disable Hard Reset

There's usually a setting in the BIOS to control this behavior. In XP and Vista you can adjust the settings for the Power button in the Control Panel...Power Options applet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157338/disable-hard-reset/
Relevancy 43.86%

Product # N9T28AV (X360 15 inch convertibles)How do you do a "Hard Power Reset" as the battery is not accessible?...on older HP laptops with access to the battery, you would remove power plug, remove battery, hold the power button in for 30 seconds. Reassemble.I can find other reset references to different types of convertible devices but not the N9T28AVIf this is posted in the wrong section, please move to the correct locationIn anticipationThank you

A:Hard power reset

I asked HP about this earlier today.   There is no current documentation that describes how to hard reset an x360 notebook.   I have no idea as to how long it wil take before the Hard reset document is updated. As soon as it happens I will let you know. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Hard-power-reset/td-p/5450011
Relevancy 43.86%

After spending after boot reset. only hard will PC many hours perusing various threads on numerous sites I find myself no PC will only boot after hard reset. further on troubleshooting the following boot problem The PC will not boot from cold but will work perfectly after a hard reset Apologies in advance for this massive post but it will prevent exploring places I have explored already I built the following system for my son for Christmas ABIT NF V mb AMD PC will only boot after hard reset. Sempron Boxed with fan single stick mb Kingston DDR Memory ATI Radeon mb video card Sony DVD drive Single Western Digital WD JD rpm SATA gb HDD Zoom G-Wireless USB mbs card TV XP global TV tuner card PCI LG S TFT monitor W PSU with V on the V rail Windows XP home On first assembly everything booted up and worked fine The following day on a cold boot the system hung before during POST No single normal beep and fans were turning and both HDD and DVD drive lights came on The reset button did not have any effect A couple of hard power-offs did the trick - system booted into windows fine Again the following day on a cold start the system hung but I had a couple of different POST codes at different times Two tone siren short beeps repeating longer beep about sec long but did not self shut down just continued with the beeping until I switched the power off reset had no effect On investigating various web sites threads I decided on replacing the PSU two tone beeps out of limit voltage detection and on looking on ABIT TEQ the V rail was a bit unstable about - I also increased AGP and Vcore voltages by small amounts as recommended on the Abit Forum threads but no improvement I replaced the PSU with a Jeantech W unit Bet you can guess though New PSU did not help I have since done three clean installs of windows and formatted the HDD to try to eliminate virus driver snags Incidentally on the windows install the soft reboots initiated by windows setup resulted in single repeated beeps and system hangs Hard power off and reboot again enabled a normal boot back into windows Other threads suggest that the single repeating beep is not a terminal main board problem and I suspected the CMOS battery not enough juice to store the configuration hence the hanging on cold boot but changing it has not helped either I have also swapped RAM and graphics card ATI radeon XT from my other PC to eliminate those components as suspect Also tried running the RAM as rather than - Symptoms remained each time I then noticed that the DVD rom was not always recognised in the BIOS and so suspected an IDE channel failure After discussion with tech support people at ABIT I then RMAed the motherboard and replaced it for an ASUS K V X SE Since fitting the ASUS board the only remaining problem is that the PC will still not boot first time from cold You have to do a hard reset and then it boots fine and runs very well into windows I have now been investigating threads about the WD JD hard drive and its compatibility with the VT R chipset I have jumpered the HDD to lock at mb s Have also swapped in a different DVD drive but no change I am left with thinking that this is a BIOS setting issue or a SATA IDE conflict or BOOT issue I have tried play with boot order and the RAID screen but there appears to be nothing to change there I have also flashed the BIOS to from the ASUS web site I have checked for motherboard shorts seems clear I am also thinking of getting an EIDE HDD just to see if this is the problem but can t see why SATA shouldn t run with IDE on the same board So far I have Changed PSU twice Changed the mainboard Swapped in RAM Swapped in Graphics Card Changed GPU fan supply source Changed CMOS battery Changed voltages in the bios at the advice of the tech support man in UK Run various software based hardware checks eg PC Check and memtest which have all passed Sorry bout the war and peace but having read many threads it seems to pay to be thorough I really am starting struggle... Read more

A:PC will only boot after hard reset.

Wow, sounds like you've essentially swapped in a brand new computer.

You didn't put jumpers on the hard drive, did you? I've heard of that messing up SATA drives. Poke around the BIOS and mess with the drive settings, including raid configs that might not exist. it definately sounds like a BIOS problem related to your hard drive.

That does seem like a royal pain though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-only-boot-after-hard-reset.68670/
Relevancy 43.86%

mozilla sends letter to microsoft about the compromize of it's products in windows 10.
read here: An Open Letter to Microsoft?s CEO: Don?t Roll Back the Clock on Choice and Control | The Mozilla Blog
https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/0...e-and-control/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/mozilla-responds-to-microsoft-about-consumer-choices-1028993.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a HP laptop keyboard that isn't responding correctly. It displays a "1q 2w 3e 4r 7u 8i 9o 0p" on the screen when the respective letter is typed. I undestand how the "Fn" key and the "Num Lock" key works but this is not the issue. Any advice to remedy this would be appreciated. I've had this laptop for 18 months and it just started doing this. I can't seem to find anyone on the internet that is having the exact same problem. They only have what appears to be a similar issue but not this exact number letter combination.

A:HP laptop keyboard responds as numbers and letters

Have you tried using a USB external keyboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-keyboard-responds-as-numbers-and-letters.136712/