Windows Support Forum

Seagate Expansion 3TB data recovery / not showing up anymore.

Q: Seagate Expansion 3TB data recovery / not showing up anymore.

I took my 3Tb out of it's external case and put it into my computer and it didn't show up so I put it back and it looked like my data was gone!

I tried a couple programs to get it back because they said the drive was empty or something.

I gave up and now I'm trying to get everything back again but the drive won't show up in windows 8 but my other one days and I'm using the same cords and everything.

It also boots up.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Seagate Expansion 3TB data recovery / not showing up anymore.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Seagate Expansion 3TB data recovery / not showing up anymore.

It looks like taking it out of the case makes it show up in diskaprt.exe now and I'm trying to recover the files with segate recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334050-seagate-expansion-3tb-data-recovery-not-showing-up-anymore.html
Relevancy 86.49%

Hey, wondering if someone can help

Bought my new external hard drive and put a load of my files onto it with no problem at all, but today, on the second time of using it, I plugged it in and it seems to be working because the green light is on and the icon to eject is there, but its not showing in My Computer.

I've seen people saying about the Disk Management and changing the name or path.... so when I open up that window, the disk is not named, when I right click on it, everything is greyed out apart from Help and Delete Volume options.

I've tried uninstalling the drive under the Device Manager and re-installing it again. but that doesn't work either.

I have tried this on my 2 laptops, PB and HP, and it is exactly the same on both. Both run windows 7 64-bit.

Hope Someone is able to help me out a bit, Thanks Lynne.

A:Seagate Expansion Drive 320GB Not Showing Up In My Computer Anymore!!

This may help....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298118-seagate-expansion-drive-320gb-not-showing-up-my-computer-anymore.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Howdy I bought a new computer with Win about a month ago which came with a TB Seagate hard Expansion Seagate showing up Drive in Computer' External not New 'My drive installed so I decided to replace my previous GB Aulartek External with a TB Seagate External Drive Well to make a long story short I tried installing the new Seagate TB Expansion Drive a few hours ago but up to this point I can't get the computer to recognize it However there is a 'green light' visible on the end of the new Seagate External that is lit up and if I click on New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer' the 'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' button on the taskbar it does show something called 'Eject Desktop' under 'Open Devices and Printers' I tried going to the Seagate Community Forum but got even more confused than when I started trying to troubleshoot my problem with not being New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer' able to see it listed under 'Computer' My old Aulartek External had an 'on and off switch' and this new Seagate doesn't have one unless I just can't find it I have both the USB and A C Power supply plugged in Any help would be appreciated Thanks and regards harts ever New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer'

A:New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer'

Try right clicking on computer in the start menu, and select manage. In the window that opens after giving admin approval, selece disk management in the left column. It should show every hard drive connected to your computer. In the lower portion of the window, look for your Seagate, right click it and select change drive letter or path, in the next window click add and choosed a drive letter. Click OK. after the drive letter is assigned, you will be able to see the drive in explorer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/207361-new-seagate-expansion-external-drive-not-showing-up-my-computer.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi,

Can anyone help? I brought a seagate Expansion Drive less than a month ago to store all my music and pictures on. It worked fine until a few days ago when it started clicking and now under my computer it is showing as a local disk.

I'm not great with computers and have no idea what to do! I have tried running sea tools from the sea gate web site and all the tests come back fine! However, I still can't get the expansion drive to work or let me access any of my music etc. I just want to get my music back!!!!

Can anyone help???

A:SEAGATE 1.5TB expansion drive showing as local Disk

P.S. I'm running on windows vista service pack 2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-1-5tb-expansion-drive-showing-as-local-disk.939937/
Relevancy 92.88%

Have joined to see if i can get some assistance noticed others have done this with success I have a seagate TB expansion Hard Drive which was firstly coming up with I O error and now the computer doesnt even register that its connected dispite connection noises from the drive itself on usb connection I have read through various topics and forums and carried out a number of the checks and processes to run through but still without success I have tried this on other laptops and issue is exactly the same I have another Buffulo expansion drive which is working fine in all USB ports The system is windows Vista and upgraded to service showing Seagate hard on not expansion computers drive pack I have cleaned up existing USB drivers on system also When disk management is opened the system doesnt read the drive is connected There is no excessive noises coming from drive but lights on and small amount of heat is given off Needing help as i use drive to back up important photos and files dont want them lost Can anyone help please nbsp

A:Seagate expansion hard drive not showing on computers

Sounds like the drive has failed as you had been getting warning signs with the I/O errors and now it has stopped working. There is a possibility that it is just the circuitry in the housing so you may be able to get it going again with a new housing. You could first test the drive by removing it from the housing and hooking it up to the internal connections of a desktop PC or by using a USB adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-expansion-hard-drive-not-showing-on-computers.166721/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi there,

I'm trying to recover date from my st94019a 30g laptop HD. I've got a IDE/SATA to usb kit however this doesn't fit any of the adapters that have come with the kit.

What interface does the st94019a have? I've read around a few webpages and I'm seeing PATA, EIDE, UTA...I'm lost.

Any help would be really appreciated...

A:Seagate st94019a HD to USB for data recovery - help

Laptop drives have a smaller version of the IDE interface.
You need one of these -> http://www.eteke.com/en/25inch-note...-parallel-ata-ide-converter.html?currency=GBP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-st94019a-hd-to-usb-for-data-recovery-help.715204/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I bought months ago a hard drive Seagate Barracuda Gbytes which yesterday got damaged I m now looking for a way to get some important files from the hard drive that had nt been backuped The drive itself should be intact it was the chipset outside of the drive that suddenly started to smoke and sparkle This happened while I was switching the drive with another drive that I wanted to boot from I now wonder if it is possible to order from some where burned 320Gbytes Seagate chipset Barracuda data 7200.10 - recovery? only the chipset and then replace it myself Can it be another chipset from another Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320Gbytes chipset burned - data recovery? Barracuda series or does it have to be exactly from the same model Or are there any alternative ways to get the lost data ca pictures The com pany I bought the drive from says that Seagate does not sell the chipsets separately so is can I for instance by a new drive same model and then replace Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320Gbytes chipset burned - data recovery? the burned chipset with the new one Please some one who has suggestions let me know how to get the pictures I m getting scared that I have lost the pictures forever any links or ideas are grateful I attach a photo from the burned chip nbsp

A:Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320Gbytes chipset burned - data recovery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-barracuda-7200-10-320gbytes-chipset-burned-data-recovery.590911/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a 3g usb seagate expansion drive that is about 3 mths old. It has frequently disappeared from my computer. I would have to reboot and disconnect the power from the drive to get it to come back.

Is this a sign of a bad drive or just a glitch that some kind of a driver update will solve.

In the same system I have a 6g WD drive that works flawless.

A:seagate expansion drive

Hello again, Datman I have onlya few suggestions.
1. download and install the latest chipset drivers from your motherboards/manufacturers web site
2. Run Seagate's diagnostic tool, SeaTools.
3. See if tis tutorial will help. USB Driver - General Fix for Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274732-seagate-expansion-drive.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys I am having a big problem you guys have to sort it out and tell me the what can i do to solve the problem The Drive Portable Seagate Expansion problem is I have seagate expansion portable drive of tb which worked fine for somedays but now i am got stuck with that bcoz when i connect my seagate drive to usb and green light goes on and a safely remove icon also Seagate Expansion Portable Drive coming but there is no drive in the my computer and disk management also When i searched some forums i got the same problem is having by others and got there a statement regarding to check whether drive is spinning or not after that i found my drive is not spinning and i thinking a way to make it spin and to get all data back to my lap And also i had checked with uvcview usb viewer by microsoft when i connected my drive it shows the drive and also some other descriptions which i dont know So you guys help me to make the drive works and to get my data back thanks in advance for your help guys nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

we have one of these for the Smart TV - which works great for that, but I thought I would be able to take it to my computer and copy my photos onto it. I have plugged it into my computer but am unable to see it as a drive - any ideas why?

Relevancy 70.09%

I couldve sworn I posted this act disappearing Expansion drive 3TB Seagate does question over a month ago but I cant find it anywhere Not surprising I dont 3TB Seagate Expansion drive does disappearing act remember where I parked my car I might have posted it to airheads us com for all I 3TB Seagate Expansion drive does disappearing act know I have several Seagate TB STBV Desktop Expansion drives I realize this question might be better suited for the Seagate support forums but 3TB Seagate Expansion drive does disappearing act I get this weird message when i try to login Login Error your attempt using single sign on with an identity provider certificate has failed Please contact your salesforce com administrator for more information I have absolutely no idea what any of that could possibly mean But that is neither here or there Its just that I am becoming desperate and Im hoping the huge wealth of knowledge here in sevenforums might offer some assistance The drive has been working fine for over a year just a little longer than the warranty of course Suddenly it disappears from the drives listed in Win Pro I have tried switching out the data and power cables and USB ports and tried this on different Win computers When it powers on the blue activity light comes on as it should and I can hear it spin up Within a couple of minutes the light goes off and it spins down During this period Win does not see it at all Both the data and power ports seems physically stable from what I can tell from simple observation I have not taken it apart yet If anyone could offer any suggestions on what my next step should be I would be extremely appreciative Thank you I mean no disrespect by posting here instead of Segate I opened a ticket with them regarding the login error but they have have not responded

A:3TB Seagate Expansion drive does disappearing act

Has the data on there been backed up? And after its disconnected and plugged back in does it turn back on but then off again

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366181-3tb-seagate-expansion-drive-does-disappearing-act.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I'm new to the forum so please bear with me So I've been using my external hard drive for over a year to store music and photos it has a GB capacity But recently when I've plugged my hard drive in it's not showing under my computer or if it does show it wont open and I keep getting an error message Is there any other way I can go about searching for it on my laptop I don't know if it's my laptop or my hard drive that has the problem and really need some help recognised Seagate with Expansion Drive problem not please The only other laptop I have available is a Mac which i cannot use to open the hard drive unless I format it which means losing my data so i really don't want to do that EDIT i've followed the troubleshooting on the seagate website and discovered that my hard drive partition is RAW is there a way i can change this

A:problem with Seagate Expansion Drive not recognised

Run Partition Wizard free's - Partition Recovery Wizard with a Quick Scan, then take a screenshot of the results and post here, quit/exit out of wizard and remove your external until further instructions from an expert.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/374675-problem-seagate-expansion-drive-not-recognised.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My Seagate Expansion drive is not being recognized on my laptop or any other computer that I have tried to put it on. It worked for a while

It is fairly new and I have about 500gb on it so far and I don't want to lose any of my data because most of it is my university files.

I don't know why this is happening and I also can't even change the drive letter, I really don't know much about computers but this forum seems to help people, hope someone can help me Please.
Thank you.

A:Seagate 1TB Expansion Drive is not being recognized on my laptop

Hi furstyear, Welcome to SevenFoeums.( I missed it. )

Please go through this troubleshooter and check whether it helps. Seagate Technology

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/243741-seagate-1tb-expansion-drive-not-being-recognized-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 69.23%

please help me.. I bought my external hard drive for about 8 month now.. it use 2.0 usb and i'm afraid i cannot recover my files inside it.

A:My 1Tb Seagate expansion portable cannot be detected by any computer

Ameq, Welcome to SevenForums. Sorry you're having issue with you external drive. When you connect the drive to your computer have you gone into Disk Management to see if the disk was showing up there? Does this drive require an external wall wart type power source or possibly need to have dual usb ports to power it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269034-my-1tb-seagate-expansion-portable-cannot-detected-any-computer.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Yesterday my USB drive Seagate Expansion Desktop TB failed in a strange way Let me describe the symptoms - When I power on the laptop with the disk attached the boot process or rather POST is very long The drive always spins up but in this case I only get a blinking light Nothing happens No access to the drive whatsoever - When I attach the drive to my already running laptop the disk spins up make a strange noise that is identical to removing the power from strange Desktop Seagate Expansion failure the disc then it spins down and the process repeats itself like times When the disk is fully spinning the drive Seagate Expansion Desktop strange failure is showing in My Computer and Disk Management but because it makes that power-lost sound it Iimmediately disappears and the process repeats itself I tried plugging it to my netbook - drive spins fine no quot reset quot but I can t install the driver It properly discovers the name of the drive but driver installation always fails I opened it and plugged it the USB to SATA card from the other disk It runs good no quot restarts quot but because those two discs use different USB connectors I can t see if it s working in Windows Any suggestions Is this failure fatal Can I recover the data from this drive I don t have any proper SATA motherboard so I can t connect the disk directly to check if it s working Thanks for any tips nbsp

A:Seagate Expansion Desktop strange failure

Nothing strange there and that behavior is pretty common; external drives fail all the time and fail in various ways.

Best way to determine if its the hard drive or just the enclosure is to take it apart and try the drive by itself either by plugging it directly into a computer or with the use of a SATA to USB adapter. If you do not have access to either one you will need to find a friend who does or take it to local computer repair shop. It's impossible to say if the data can be recovered easily until you determine where the failure is. Even if the actual hard drive has failed there's always data recovery companies that can do it in most cases but that'll cost you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-expansion-desktop-strange-failure.1124604/
Relevancy 69.23%

It's an external hard drive 1Tb and goes with a separate cord power adapter. Here is how i'm using it : I keep the USB port plugged in, when i use it i plug in the adapter to power it up, when i'm done I unplug the cord power adapter only. I use it once a week or 2 weeks, only for backup and store data. Is that good or I should plug the cord power in all the time ? THanks GUys

Relevancy 69.23%

I have a 320GB Seagate Expansion Drive which worked fine for several months, but in the last week or so the only way I could get it to register on my computer was to push the USB plug into the port on the unit very firmly. This sometimes caused the drive to work for a while, but then later ceased to work when I let go. So, I decided to tape it place very tightly. Wrong move! The whole USB port came loose from the mother board! Is it possible to have this fixed? I have a lot of stuff on the drive I don't want to lose!!!

A:USB port loose from Seagate Expansion Drive

I'm not entirely clear on what you are describing. Are you calling an external hard drive and "expansion drive" or is the "expansion drive" a drive physically mounted in a chassis? An external hard drive doesn't have a motherboard.

If the USB port came loose on an external drive enclosure adapter you could remove the drive from the present enclosure and install it in a new enclosure if the external drive is an IDE drive or a standard SATA drive.

Posting a picture may help decipher exactly what you are describing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-port-loose-from-seagate-expansion-drive.992677/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello

I have a problem with my seagate 2tb external hard drive.
when i connect the usb, i can hear it whizzing and the light flashes, but nothing comes up on the computer.

i have tried changing cables and adapters with no luck.
ive tried changing usb ports with no luck

ive tried going into disk management and it doesnt show up there either.

ive also downloaded the sea tools after googling the problem but nothing shows up there.

i recently transfered everything from a computer i sold over to the hard drive. i wanted to transfer it over to a second backup hard drive today but with no luck.

on he last use of the hard drive i did disconnect with the remove hardware safely option.

anyone give any suggestions please...

A:2TB Seagate Expansion light flashing but not recognised

1. Does the computer read other USB drives or is it only this drive a problem?

2. Did you try connecting this expansion drive to another working computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/316673-2tb-seagate-expansion-light-flashing-but-not-recognised.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a perplexing problem. I have a Seagate 2TB external drive that when I plug it into my USB3 port it appears in Explorer and sometimes I can even navigate through some of its folders. However after 2-5 minutes it just disappears and a message comes up "USB Not recognized".
When I insert it into a USB2 port I cannot see anything. Whilst it is visible I can see it in my Disk Management but as soon as it disconnects itself this disappears. I have tried to format it but it does not stay connected for long enough!
I am running Windows 10. The same problem seems to also occur on a windows 8 machine.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/49100-seagate-expansion-drive-appearing-then-disapearing.html
Relevancy 69.23%

About months ago i purchased seagate TB expansion USB external hard drive all worked well apart from windows dont work 7 expansion 3tb with seagate windows not being able to see that hard drive to do a back up seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work which at this stage im not Concerned with this issue Now i have a Gb SSD with the same OS installed now i plug in seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work the external hard drive into a usb slot amp windows shows there is a seagate external hard drive connected as quot H drive quot but will not read it according to windows the driver is working properly i have uninstalled the usb driver amp reinstalled with no luck i have also tried to open up my computer management but it just freezes whilst i have the external hard drive pluged in i have also plug the external hard drive into all available usb slots with the same issue Now i took the extnernal hard drive into work amp pluged it into a windows XP works great so im now sure there is no problem with the external drive i have also downloaded all the seagate tools for the hard drive amp whilst the drive is plug into the computer the programs just freeze i have done extenive research online to try amp find a solution to this amp cant find anyone with the same problem except one on the seagates forum amp the seagate responed with its a windows problem i will post that link if needed i will upload some SS when i get home from work

A:seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work

seems like other folks have run into this issue also: Seagate Expansion 3TB not useable for Windows 7 Ba... - Seagate Community Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251395-seagate-3tb-expansion-windows-7-dont-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I got my new Seagate 2 TB Expansion Drive and made the first image of my new laptop (running Win 10 anniversary build) using Macrium Reflect. All went well, and I closed Macrium, then attempted to eject the external drive from the notification area. I consistently got an error message saying the drive could not be ejected and until the program using it was closed. Task Manager confirmed no application was running. Device Manager could not remove the drive, either. Shutting down the computer and then removing the drive was no problem, but surely this shouldn't be necessary. Any advice would be welcome!

A:Cannot safely eject Seagate usb Expansion Drive

Welcome to the forum anything that's connected to the drive can do this explorer or even word that may have file history open

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67667-cannot-safely-eject-seagate-usb-expansion-drive.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi there For the past week I have been retrieving TB of movies from my Seagate TB Expansion Desk drive USB Expansion Seagate Desktop w/ Drive blocks/sectors bad 3TB It started acting funny after my room mate accidentally flipped the main power circuit for my bedroom while I was in the middle of a transfer Oddly enough I was in the middle of retrieving videos from a year old Verbatim GB which had an ongoing power circuit Seagate Expansion Desktop Drive 3TB w/ bad blocks/sectors issue when he flipped the switch I was salvaging those videos to this TB drive at that moment He killed that Verbatim dead to rights with the surge and I believe it caused the issues on this Seagate TB I can still transfer data to and from the Seagate anywhere from - MB s depending on if the other drive is a USB as well But it just will not play many movies and HD particularly bad I mainly use Kodi XBMC but have tried VLC and MPC All fail at the same points or close in the different players I assumed corrupt files but when I copy them to other drives then play them they work So I ran chkdsk I f r It ran thru quickly saying no issues Every indicator has shown the drive as healthy I ran the zero out option with a format in Partition Wizard Didn't help Frustrated last night I decided to run chkdsk I r one last time It hung at and thinking maybe its doing something I left it but it was going for nearly hours I finally cancelled the chkdsk and ran a surface test with Partition Wizard and now after an hour or so I am getting some bad blocks and Partition Wizard slows right down when it hits one So far three To add if I move the USB cable it sometimes clicks the drive off and it disappears from Windows I have had it show up in Partition Wizard as Bad Disk but after a reboot the drive shows up sharing and security settings all back intact I might reboot again and the drive simply won't show or might take ten minutes to pop up Then I might try and access the drive and get the warning quot You must format this drive quot but a reboot and its back This has led to a long week of data retrieval I've replaced the USB cable but it still can disconnect leading me to believe the receiver slot and its attached circuitry might be shorting or whatever as well This poor drive Its maybe just near a year and a half old not a scratch on it not making any funny sounds or nothing my newest one and was in fact a replacement for an HP TB that failed on me back then I've been at it off and on for a week or so now and Partition Wizard is currently showing hrs time remaining Am I wasting my time here Does it actually repair bad blocks and with the circuitry sensitivity is it worth the effort Would I be able to salvage the drive from the case maybe I am an avid computer and tech user but not expert on the hardware diagnosing end of things Should I just toss this thing

A:Seagate Expansion Desktop Drive 3TB w/ bad blocks/sectors

You can try downloading: /62506/CrystalDiskInfo6_3_2.zip
then unzip it and run to check if your HD is in good health then we can go from there.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/65505-seagate-expansion-desktop-drive-3tb-w-bad-blocks-sectors.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Ok, something weird is going wrong with a seagate drive I bought for my girlfriend. Its working perfectly fine on my computer, and it did initially show up on her laptop too. However, her laptop froze up completely and it had to be shut down via the button while it was plugged into the laptop. Now it doesnt turn up in My Computer, but only on her computer. Its present under devices, but nowhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated and Id be happy to give any more details anyone might need to help me out. Thanks in advance.

A:Problem with a 500GB Seagate expansion external drive

Try this How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-a-500gb-seagate-expansion-external-drive.153979/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi to all Seagate Model SRD F Win home prem bit I have had this external for over a year and it just recently started to respond very slow My aim is to save all the media files before this drive dies out or even solve the problem Maybe it wont die out yet but never know what may happen I have an older external and that still works When i plug the usb into laptop and other pcs the drive used to appear quickly but now what happens is it appears in device manager disk drives first but does not appear in my computer window It takes a long while for the drive icon to appear It normally shows also in disk Desktop 3tb slow Expansion extremely Seagate Drive responding management before it shows up in my computer window Next step is when its finally showing when i go into the external it takes a long while again to enter the drive The address bar turns green from left to right but moving very slowly as the external tries to open each folder I dont want to format or lose any data its the first time i came across this problem I brought a new usb cable Seagate Expansion Desktop Drive 3tb responding extremely slow and that did not solve the matter When it loads the files and folders im trying to copy all the files to desktop to save everything But the transfer speed is like below kb Its very slow The fastest its been is just over MB Another tip is when i plug in the cable the blue light turns on and the drive starts spinning and can hear the sound I thought the drive seemed ok but maybe the proffesional guys on here will have a better understanding on how to go about this situation Any help would be great If any info is needed just let me know and i will get back to you

A:Seagate Expansion Desktop Drive 3tb responding extremely slow

Is my external dying? It takes a long time for windows to recognise it in my computer. Its starting to not show up in disk drives and disk management.

If it shows up its after a long time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360303-seagate-expansion-desktop-drive-3tb-responding-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I recently upgraded to windows 10. I purchased a 5TB Seagate External to back up my computer, and Windows is telling me there is not enough disk space for me to back up 900Gigs. Seems a bit odd.  I have tried everything I can think of, but still I get
the "BackUp Failed " error message.  

The computer says the drive has 4.54 TB unused, but still not enough space for backup and system image?  What gives?

Please help.

Richard Brown 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/638c005b-598a-46c4-a74f-93b6cd9f1efd/system-image-and-backup-with-seagate-desktop-5tb-expansion-disk?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 67.94%

The problem I am having is with the following hard drive DiamondMax Plus GB ATA HDD This is in an enclosure as Hard Drive not Need up: data showing recovery an external hard drive I removed it from the Hard Drive not showing up: Need data recovery case and hooked it to my USB to IDE adapter When the HDD first comes on Hard Drive not showing up: Need data recovery it clicks and is not recognized by my computer as being connected via USB I understand that clicking is not good and means the HDD is dead or dying When the clicking finally stopped Windows Explorer recognized it as being connected However the properties of the hard drive show all blue no free space Plus it is indicating that the HDD needs formatting This HDD was used to store photos and video and had to have been formatted in order to do this of course I ran a CHKDSK r and SFC scannow but nothing improved and I truly don t remember if any errors were found as a result of the scans Any suggestions as how to retrieve the data off this HDD or how to bring back the format without erasing the entire disk Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a sony SD Card 16gb class 4 card. I did use the card for almost 3 months, when I tried to use it now, I am not able to access the card,

I tried recovery softwares like recova etc to recover the file, but I was not able to recover even a single byte.

I have many importants files in the CARD, PLEASE HELP ME...,.

Thanks

A:Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

I think >>this thread<< could help you out . He seems to have the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-sd-card-not-accessible-says-incorrect-function-showing-unknown-format.201611/
Relevancy 64.93%

I made a backup of some very important files by useing drag and drop. I formated the disk and draged the files onto the disk in explorer. I tested it when I did it and the files where on there. Now when i insert the disk, it shows that the space on the disk is taken up but when i open the disk in explorer it shows no files? I can use cd roller and isobuster and the files are readable, but i cannot afford 40 bucks for this one time use. I think i may have double clicked the dvd rw drive e: too early and it started to format the disk? What do i do?

I am on windows vista home premium.

Manufaturer cd\dvd +rw drive

dell inspiron desktop 530s

A:Damaged Data dvd recovery. Drag drop dvd shows used space but not files are showing!

Thanks again techsupportforums.com! Your Great

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/damaged-data-dvd-recovery-drag-drop-dvd-shows-used-space-but-not-files-are-showing-247857.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I want to back up my desktop Dell Win XP hard drive personal data to a Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB external drive. I would like to know, When I backup data this time, will it overwrite the data from a previous file backup? Will it "append"(?) or add to(?) the first data backup or will I loose that data?

In other words, does the Seagate FreeAgent Backup overwrite the current data with the new data?

I tried many searches without results. (as well as different ways of asking the same question )
Thanks for your time.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON X300 Series, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152578 MB, Free - 86032 MB; G: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 243478 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0U7077
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Does Seagate FreeAgent 250gb overwrite the current data with the new data?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-seagate-freeagent-250gb-overwrite-the-current-data-with-the-new-data.1082016/
Relevancy 61.92%

It is on a computer running XP SP Now it shows up in My Computer but with no statistics and I cannot open it The drive does not show up in Windows Disk Management I have gone thru the Seagate website s External Drive Trouble Shooter for WinDOWS xp as hard aborted worked a conversion expansion fine I until Seagate drive compressed to a drive well as contacting Seagate Support with no success I have tried Windows Format DOS Format Seatools for Windows HD LFF Low Level Format testdisk win and Disk Wizard with no success The drive showed up but they all reported failure in testing and or accessing the disk Seagate expansion hard drive worked fine until I aborted a conversion to a compressed drive Seatools for DOS sounds like it would do the trick but it didnotrecognizeeitherofmyexternaldrives theotheroneofwhichisworking Can anyone recommend a fix Seems to me that it is a software problem not a hardware problem so there should be a software solution I have very limited funds and Seagate expansion hard drive worked fine until I aborted a conversion to a compressed drive can t afford to replace the drive right now It is used as a backup drive so loss of the data on the drive is not an issue I ll just run another backup when the drive is restored to health My boot drive is not backed up on this drive so that is not a problem nbsp

A:Seagate expansion hard drive worked fine until I aborted a conversion to a compressed drive

Have you tried reinitializing the drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-expansion-hard-drive-worked-fine-until-i-aborted-a-conversion-to-a-compressed-drive.186634/
Relevancy 60.2%

Greetings. I have a Seagate FreeAgent Desk external hard drive.

I used to be able to plug it into my laptop, and voila it automatically backed up all my files - and only those that were added or changed.

I gave my laptop a fresh load of Windows 7, and now I can't find the driver disk (if I had one) for the FreeAgent. In any event, now I have to back up manually, and click and paste entire folders (rather than just files that had changed). And I'll be darned if I can find a solution on Seagate's website.

I'd like to get back to the happy place where the FreeAgent detects new or changed files on my laptop, and automatically backs those up.

Suggestions please?

A:Seagate External Drive Won't Auto Backup Anymore

Never mind: figured it out:

What do I do in the event that I lose my Seagate Manager software?

You can always download the Seagate Manager software in the event that it is lost or deleted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-external-drive-wont-auto-backup-anymore.1031792/
Relevancy 59.77%

Seagate's website the manual say the this MBR or Drive 5TB initialized not in Seagate Expansion OK? Drive GPT? one Desktop-Festplatte Expansion Seagate TB Expansion Drive is initialized in GPT Expansion drives switching to GPT but Windows and dispart http i imgur com JxRAja png show it is Seagate 5TB Expansion Drive not initialized in MBR or GPT? Drive OK? initialized in MBR not in GPT the column under GPT is empty The item to initialize in convert to GPT is grayed out I assume one have to remove the partition first to access that option http i imgur com xeqkQmJ png And it looks like as if MiniToolPartizionWizard shows it was GPT as well http i imgur com PsQfLY png What could that mean Is the display of Win diskpart correct Is this message correct DriveInfo shows S M A R T Drive Status Drive is not OK The device has detected a threshold exceeded condition http i imgur com xfPSq png What does that mean A defect a problem The entire report http i imgur com rySWvIt png http i imgur com qyquxVB png http i imgur com R bx s png ChystalDisk shows this does not appear to look that bad http i imgur com v TYPhZ png and http i imgur com z exc png SeaTools shows this http i imgur com ulGbCQ png HDDscan shows http i imgur com hlD pN png and http i imgur com UMRP GM png What do those items marked with that yellow sign mean quot Airflow temperature quot and quot HDA Temperatur quot A problem What does the display about quot Health quot mean instead of appear to mean the state of the drive is not the best anymore May be there will occur problems errors the next time

A:Seagate 5TB Expansion Drive not initialized in MBR or GPT? Drive OK?

everything is okay. delete the partition, initialize GPT. gute nacht.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377526-seagate-5tb-expansion-drive-not-initialized-mbr-gpt-drive-ok.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Probably a simple one but im stumped.

Have a SSDIII drive with OS installed via a USB3 4 port PCIe expansion card with SATAIII ports.

Master OS drive is installed and working fine on the drive however is not showing up in BIOS for autoboot, so I have to manually press ESC to enter boot menu and select the SSD drive to boot which works fine.

Have checked all the BIOS advanced boot up devices can see all hard drives, USB drives, CDROMs and external USB drives but not the relevant SATAIII drive. I am presuming its due to the fact its on an expansion card and have not found a solution please help.

Card installed : PCI Express Card USB 3.0 4-port VIA (Transcend Information TS-PDC3 Combo PCI-e Interface Card 2 x USB 3.0 2 x SATA III ) Transcend Information TS-PDC3 Combo PCI-e Interface Card 2 x USB 3.0 2 x SATA III: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Drive : OCZ Vertex 3 SataIII drive.

A:Windows7 SSDIII on PCIe expansion card not showing up in bios for boot

Plug the SSD into the first SATA port if you have one. Win7 is not meant to be installed on a USB drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/277960-windows7-ssdiii-pcie-expansion-card-not-showing-up-bios-boot.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I plug data cord into the SATA 2 slot. When I turned on the computer the drive sshowed up that it was only 746.39GB.  Does my mother board model MS-7613 (lona-GL8E) support a 3TB Sata HD. I'm just wanting to use the drive as storage. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-install-a-3TB-Segate-HD-in-my-expansion-slot-Plug-data/td-p/5797527
Relevancy 58.48%

It works on my computer USB HDD up Seagate showing not XP but when put on my brother s computer with vista it does not get assigned a letter I ve read every posting about this I can find on google even tried a couple of programs designed to assign letters to USB devices and neither worked It shows up in device manager fine but when I Seagate USB HDD not showing up go to disk manager it doesn t allow me to change the letter It doesn t give me the option at all It s partitioned into two partitions and when I click on them it gives me the option but it s Seagate USB HDD not showing up grayed out so I can t click it Grrr The computer has internal HDD DVD drives and removable HD in it I changed the DVD drives to X Y and Z one of the internal HDD from D to W and the removable ones to P Q R and S Then I reinstalled the external HDD Still nothing There are no network drives at all And I assume it s the admin login because it s the only user set up Anyone have ANY ideas nbsp

A:Seagate USB HDD not showing up

First, See How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-usb-hdd-not-showing-up.153935/
Relevancy 58.48%

This HDD is the third in my machine it is a seagate barracuda. it shows up some times. When I reboot the the machine its there but after it comes out of hybrid sleep it does not show up. I can see it in the bios.

A:Seagate hdd not showing

Quote: Originally Posted by qreaigh

This HDD is the third in my machine it is a seagate barracuda. it shows up some times. When I reboot the the machine its there but after it comes out of hybrid sleep it does not show up. I can see it in the bios.

Use the Snipping Tool and post your Disk Management. That will give us some help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/126610-seagate-hdd-not-showing.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Purchased a Seagate TB SATA- rpm MB however when I hook it up to my existing system it shows as MB in explorer but GB in BIOS Called Seagate tech he gave me an intel link to update my MOBO however as it isnt over GB the update is no help - he asked did I use the seatools programme and I had already run a quick scan whcih it passed Ive tried to format the drive to seatools it took hours and didnt change anything tried it in a new build im doing but wont allow me to install windows and stops at the initial loading windows files dos screen at the beginning again BIOS shows full capacity Mobo on running machine is ASUS M a GTD Pro -AM and New build has a ASRock GX extreme Seagate guy asked me to run full hour scan on the drive this evening using seatools and see what outcome is Anybody out there experianced similar problems nbsp

A:Seagate HDD 2TB showing as 38MB

What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-hdd-2tb-showing-as-38mb.191379/
Relevancy 57.19%

Dear All,
I have been using my Seagate 1TB Hard Disk since 4 months, recently i tried copying a file to it, and it showed:
""This file is not located in this Drive""
it was something like this...

And after that my HDD went undetected, now whenever i plug it in, it makes the sound of turning on.and also the blue light comes on the HDD.
But it's not shown in My computer.
I changed my cables, went to disk management ; where i could not see my drive listed there(i can send u a screenshot of it; as some other unnamed disks were there),
i tried refreshing it and still no success.
I also have tried updating, deleting the drivers from Device Manager, but no Success.

Please Help me in resolving this issue..
Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74840-seagate-hdd-not-showing-up-computer-have-tried-all-give.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i hv seagate 320gb HDD
when i pluged in to laptop (OS Win XP SP3) its
detected & shown in Device manager as
"Initio"combo device class"
Initio default controller "
but explorer not shown any new Drive

every time i connect & disconnected the HDD Bell Sound ( DING dong)
but nothing happen
I also use on my desktop PC with OS vista Again same os MSG box instal device driver
But when
I tried in OS windows 7 & its shown prefect

plz suggest me any device driver ?? any other solution for this

A:Seagate 320GB external HDD not showing in XP SP3

We would like to know more about your equipment and configuration and recent history

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-320gb-external-hdd-not-showing-in-xp-sp3.150149/
Relevancy 57.19%

Dear All,
I have been using my Seagate 1TB Hard Disk since 4 months, recently i tried copying a file to it, and it showed:

And after that my HDD went undetected, now whenever i plug it in, it makes the sound of turning on.and also the blue light comes on the HDD.
I changed my cables, went to disk management ; where i could not see my drive listed there(i can send u a screenshot of it; as some other unnamed disks were there),
I also have tried updating, deleting the drivers from Device Manager, but no Success.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74840-seagate-hdd-not-showing-up-computer-have-tried-all-give.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Dear All,

Thanks

A:Seagate HDD not showing up in computer(have tried all given steps)

Screenshot is attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395120-seagate-hdd-not-showing-up-computer-have-tried-all-given-steps.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi

I have bought a 2TB Seagate SSHD to replace my old 500GB Western Digital.

The Seagate came with Acronis, but Acronis failed to see my new disk.

I went into Computer > Manage > Disk Management but it wasn't showing there either.

I went into the BIOS and both disks show in the BIOS. The BIOS is uptodate, the MB is a Gigabyte H61 S2PV

I tried to clone the disks from the CD by using Seagate Disk Wizard but it fails to see the Seagate HDD.

I tried my Paragon Restore Disk to Backup and Restore from one to the other from the CD, but Paragon can not detect the Seagate HDD.

I tried the Windows 7 Restore Disk but Diskpart can only detect my old 500GB WD HDD.

What should I try next?

Thank you for your help with this.

A:New Seagate ST2000DX001 only showing in BIOS - can't clone Win 7

Just had a look at your motherboard and all your sata ports are controlled by the chipset with no add on 3rd party ports so no driver problems there, can you confirm what other sata devices you have connected or is it just the two HDDs

Its always handy if you fill in your system specs in your profile then everyone will know exactly what they are dealing with

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353796-new-seagate-st2000dx001-only-showing-bios-cant-clone-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I bought a TB Seagate passport then right after buying it I had to use it to back up my girlfriend s computer which happens to be a mac So everything went well for my girlfriend but now when I plug the Passport into my windows computer it does not show up in my computer Then I downloaded swiss knife and tried to format the Passport No such luck swiss knife always gives me a Read Write error When I try to use the Win disk manager program all I can do is convert the Passport to a dynamic volume but I can see the Passport in both disk manger and swiss knife Here is my speccy summary showing Seagate 1TB USB drive up computer my Passport in not with the info on the hard drive Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz C Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z X-UP TH-CF Intel Core i - CPU GHz C Graphics VA SERIES x Hz VA SERIES x Hz AMD Radeon HD Series Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD EZEX- RKKA SATA C GB Hitachi HDS DLE SATA C Optical Drives 1TB Seagate Passport USB drive not showing up in my computer HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Disk drive Device Kind USB storage Device Name Disk drive Vendor SEAGATE Comment Seagate Backup BK USB Device Location Location

A:1TB Seagate Passport USB drive not showing up in my computer

When you enter into the disk management MMC console (start, control panel, administrative tools, computer management, disk management), does it show any trace of the disk?

This happens frequently with flash drives as well, drives that are formatted for mac FIRST usually have a hard time being used with Windows machines and formatted by Windows machines. My recommendation: plug it back into your GFs mac, use disk utility to format the drive to FAT32. Then move the drive back over to your PC and check your results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/1tb-seagate-passport-usb-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-692325.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently upgraded to Win Ultimate clean install from XP weeks ago and for the last week or so seagate showing - external as 'unknown hdd usb device' am having problems accessing my seagate usb external hdd - showing as 'unknown device' USB external drive although it worked ok at first When I connect the drive to my laptop after a few seconds I hear a windows sound which tells me that the connection failed In the meanwhile the drive light displays solid for a moment but then begins to flash at a constant rate that seems faster than when operating normally and the drive cannot be heard I went into device manager and checked the properties for the quot unknown device quot and it was displaying 'code ' stating the drivers have not been installed but the last few evenings after around a dozen or so attempts over several hours during each evening the drive is somehow detected and is accessible I have also tried the following to try and solve my problem - uninstalled the drive via device manager when displaying as 'unknown device' and rebooted upon connecting the drive windows tries to install the drivers but soon displays an error message stating that the drivers are not available - updated the bios to no avail - went into disk management and refreshed drives to no avail I also tried googling the device id when the drive shows as unknown which is 'USB VID FD amp PID amp REV ' which brought up many results which seemed to include the line 'pnpdrivernotfound' I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer thanks in advance UPDATE last night my drive was detected after attempts much less than usual but upon connecting today i was able to access my drive at the first attempt computers eh

A:seagate usb external hdd - showing as 'unknown device'

Welcome to the Se7en Forums! FrEnZyUK

One suggestion given when buying any new external hard drive or flash drive often when simply being used as a storage device is to first reformat the factory Fat volume to NTFS for making it readily available. In 7 the support for Fat and exFat has returned allowing you to simply go into the Disk Management tool and assign a new drive letter for the drive. This will initialize the drive as part of the process making it available again.

If you have only a small amount of files and data on the drive presently you could simply elect to backup them up and reformat to NTFS while in the Disk Management at the same time as you custom assign a new drive letter. Windows will then remember the new letter that replaces the temp letter assigned when working.

With usb not so much eSata drives that are plugged in and unplugged often that will even be more of a help once a reformat is performed in automatically being reinstalled by Windows upon plugging the drive back in if unplugged at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/77070-seagate-usb-external-hdd-showing-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 55.9%

http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/externa...on-hard-drive/

New Seagate Eternal Hard drive not showing in Windows 10. I never formatted it but I did copy it's files on to c drive the application only asks for you to register it. I went to clone my disk restarted and failed now I can't see it at all! Any help welcome thank you in advance.

A:New Seagate Eternal Hard drive not showing in Windows 10

Does it show up in Disk Management? If so, can you assign a driver letter to it?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/32583-new-seagate-eternal-hard-drive-not-showing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello sorry if this potentially is in the wrong on computer. not hard 1tb Seagate up external drive showing section New to this website nbsp But I Seagate 1tb external hard drive not showing up on computer. come here asking for some suggestions or a step by step process on getting my external hard drive working on my pc again nbsp It was working before but I decided to plug it into my xbox one console usb port in order to download a game and play which it configured the external hard drive When I attempted to plug it into my laptop usb port it no longer showed up under devices with removable storage I did a little bit of research and found my way to device managers to see if the computer even recognized the usb Turns out it does recognized it but for some reason it would not show up on the laptop So as of right now I cannot access the files inside of it at all The light is always on and I can hear the fan run inside the external hard drive also it still works with my xbox one to play the games I downloaded in it so I know it still works I am lead to believe that when the xbox one configured it it changed the settings so now it isn't compatible with my laptop Is there anyway to reset the settings on it or re-configure it so I may have access to the files on my external hard drive through my laptop Thank you for reading nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/60e19ee6-19b0-4e2b-ba09-cd7a328c0880/seagate-1tb-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-on-computer?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 55.9%

We just got a new HP Pavillion Slimline desktop and attached our old Seagate external hard drive. The Seagate shows up as a device, but not as a drive. We cannot retrieve any of our information off it, and this is a BIG problem. Can someone please help??

A:Seagate External Hard Drive Not Showing As A Driver on New PC

Welcome to TSG:
Those HP Pavillion Slimline's are nice.
Have you tried going into safe mode and see if you can highlight it and select properties?
If you can - check the "Security" tab and see if you need to take ownership of the drive.
Are you using XP - Vista - or 7 ?

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/windows-7-quick-way-to-take-ownership-of-filefolder/

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...ourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=seagate+disk+wizard

That Seagate Disk Wizard never worked for me - my friend here at TSG "Phantom" gave me some good tips about "Taking ownership of a drive in XP" that solved my problems - which are very similar to yours.

Hope this helps - and don't worry this is a great site and if none of the above help - I'm sure a member smarter than me will put the fix in for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-showing-as-a-driver-on-new-pc.904093/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all well i have a job in i did an image drive so i have files on a good drive.
but here is the problem it is telling me the files are empty ???? i know 100% that the files had data on
it is a seagate 1tb 7200.12 so tell me what is the deal is it a segate thing do i have to get the segate startup working
do the files have coding at the start?

A:Data missing on Seagate 1TB

The 7200.11 and the 7200.12 have had some serious issues. A shame too because I'm running two Seagate 250 gig harddrives and they have been great.

Check out this link I read just yesterday: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2068653

I would contact Seagate immediately and let them know of this issue and you want it "fixed." keep us up-to-date.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-missing-on-seagate-1tb.146183/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi.
I have a Seagate Goflex 500GB external hard disk. When I connect it to my laptop, it doesn't appear in my computer, and I have attached the screenshots of Disk Management and MiniTool Partition Wizard.
The hard disk is behaving this way when I removed it from my laptop while it was copying a file.

I do not need any data. I just want my hard disk to start working again.
Please help. Thanks in advance! High hopes!

A:Seagate 500GB HD showing 2TB, Unknown, Unallocated, Read Only Bad disk

Try using SeaTools for DOS to see if it can see and fix the HD.
Here is a tutorial by Arc:
SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356347-seagate-500gb-hd-showing-2tb-unknown-unallocated-read-only-bad-disk.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Have a external hard drive that was backed up on a macbook pro
using time machine. I try to take the files out that I put on a windows 7 PC
and it wont show up in My Computer.
But it does on device manager.
is there a problem with the external hardrive?

A:Seagate FreeAgent external hard drive not showing up on Windows?

It is likely formatted as Mac OS Extended (journaled), HFS+. Windows can't natively read that.

"I try to take the files out that I put on a windows 7 PC" is a confusing statement. If you want to read the files on the drive from 7, you can't without a 3rd party tool. If you are just wanting to put stuff on there from the PC and don't care about the Mac backup, then just format the drive. Do that through Disk Management in the Admin Tools control panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-freeagent-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-on-windows.181241/
Relevancy 55.47%

My 320 GB Seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in my computer. What should I do?

In cmd> diskpart> list volume it does not show up. (screenshot attached)

In Device Manager it gets detected. (screenshot attached)

In disk management it shows up as 'unallocated'. If I initialize it, will I lose all data on the drive? It had 4 partitions. (screenshot attached)

In My Computer also it does not show up. (screenshot attached)
Even BIOS recognizes it.

What to do? I don't want to lose any data on the drive. If I initialize it in device manager will I lose data?

I was installing window XP on my computer, usually I remove the external drive but this time I did not. The external drive was shown as 4 drives in partition manager during installation. But the installation failed. The next time I was installing windows again, the external drive was shown as 1 single unknown or unrecognized drive. I'm not sure if it was unknown or unrecognized. I'm sure I didn't format it. So what I need to do now? I don't want to lose any data.

A:Seagate external hard drive not showing up in my computer. It is detected.

Yes, if you initialize it you will 'lose' everything. You will want to try something like [email protected] Recovery or maybe Easeus Partition Recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-it-is-detected.205926/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have problems mine is recovering data from a DVD-R amp a friend is looking for my help in recovering data from a quot corrupted quot Flash Drive I was burning data on a DVD-R multiple sessions disk when my Burner crapped out while using Nero I now have a new Burner amp when I go back into this disk I can only read data from my st session when I compare the s from Nero s disk info tool however it also shows that session is still open but I cannot read anything from sessions amp Looking around I spotted CD Recovery Tool Box Free is there anything more recent and or better that would let me try to recover the data on this disk The data in session is still on my HD but I would like to be able to recover the data in the other sessions worst DVD-R data recovery data Flash & Drive recovery possible case even just the file names would be a DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery small plus Now for the Flash Drive It is a Lexar Gig DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery amp what supposedly happened is that Peter lent it to a fellow employee so he could extract some data probably a mistake When he got it back a few minutes later amp tried to use it all he got was a message that it was corrupted As it has all of his product codes phone numbers amp personal sales data for the last year he is really desperate to try amp recover DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery the data He does not have a computer of his own so he has no backup another bad idea He has gotten a new Flash Drive a Sony Gig but I have told him that he better go out amp get a nd one to use as a backup As I know basically nothing about Flash Drives is there a program out there that maybe can recover his data Any and all help along with a few words of advice would be greatly appreciated Oh yes I have computers one running on Windows so I can run my old DOS programs amp HD so I guess that dates me amp the other on XP Pro which from what I have read may be an advantage in recovery Happy Skies Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-data-recovery-flash-drive-data-recovery.137570/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a table like this in my database.

CategoryID------ParentID-------Categorů
1---------------------Null-------------Sports
2---------------------1-----------------Cricket
3---------------------2-----------------T20
4---------------------2-----------------ODI
5---------------------1-----------------Tennis
6---------------------5-----------------Singles
Now i want to retrieve whole table data and display the data in the form of Tree View. I tried to represent the data using "Tree" Data Structure in Java. After that i tried to convert the data into JSON Object by using GSON library. I am not able to produce the Json Tree data. I am facing so many problems. Can anyone please explain me how to convert the Data available in that table to Json tree Data. If json data is ready i can use alloy ui tree javascript to display the tree view in my Jsp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-the-data-from-database-and-showing-data-using-tree-view.1073601/
Relevancy 54.18%

i jst did a hard drive defrag about a week ago and think it might have done something to my windows se a couple days ago my CD-R quit working the drawer won t open and bot it AND my other CD drive anymore showing & CD CD-Rs not w98se aren t showing up in quot my system quot anymore i ve had a few reboots that try to prompt me into safe mode and yesterday after letting the system rest w98se not showing CD & CD-Rs anymore a few hours the tray DID open but then my PC totally locked up for over a dozen reboots and is back to ignoring the two drives the CD drive s door will open and close but the system still won t recognize that it exists i ve tried adding the drives back to the system with hardware profiles and PNP but that didn t work when i try w98se not showing CD & CD-Rs anymore to find the drives with winamp i get error messages one of them is about a missing DLL or something is there some trick i can do to get my PC to recognize the drives again without reformatting and losing all of my w98se not showing CD & CD-Rs anymore data that i can t back up i also tried using my w se disc to try and recover drivers too in add remove hardware too i m out of ideas now thanks in advance for anyone who can help me solve this nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

All the data is gone, you cant read or add to files on the seagate free agent drive. It says 83.4 GIG is in use and 65.6 GIG is free so the data is there it just wont read it.

It says it cant find, the files are there:

the error message is "Windows cannot find 'F\StartCeedo.exe. MAke sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To rearch for the file, click the start button and click search"

StartCeedo.exe
Autodetect.exe
AutoRun.exe
Install FreeAgent Tools.exe

The following folders are empty and cannot be read or added to:

Ceedo
Concent
EULA
My Documents
User Manuals
Warranty

what is wrong and how can I fix it? PLEASE HELP ME

A:I have lost all the data on my seagate free agent drive

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=3723b5b59b7d5110VgnVCM100000f5ee0a0aRCRD
This is one suggestion off of WD. (the .exe file should be there)
The second is to download the 30 day trial copy of software. Not being real familar with this particular software or drive it's the best shot I can take. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-lost-all-the-data-on-my-seagate-free-agent-drive.693549/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi,

i have a seagate portable external hdd, haven't been used for 6 months, i connected now, it prompts as "scan and fix or continue without scanning". if i start scan and fix, it goes till some extent and stops and disconnects. sometimes it even prompts as ""windows cannot access the disk"". i have very important files and pictures in that hdd. so, please suggest me steps how to backup the data and send it to seagate for warranty??

Thanks heaps,
anvesh.

A:recover data from corrupted or bad sectors seagate portable hdd

If the disk is really damaged, this may be a tough task. But you can try to recover the data with an live Linux CD or my universal data recovery stick. Linux is not as picky as Windows and maybe it would work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/348790-recover-data-corrupted-bad-sectors-seagate-portable-hdd.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have Windows Vista Home Premium installed on my HP Pavillion Laptop and now when I go into the Pictures folder the icons for the folders and pictures don't show up as thumbnails anymore. They just show as blank with the file name below the empty space. It appears that sometimes some thumbnail icons for the pictures load but more often than not they are all blank.

I recently installed some windows updates but have since removed them with no result. I also tried searching Google and wasn't able to find a solution.\

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Picture Icons Not Showing Up Anymore

Is this happening in every folder with photos in it? Or just some? Or certain directories? Is it happening to every single photo in each folder or just some of the photos in each folder?

<thinking out loud here>It could be some folder options setting for just some of the folders or a view setting...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137899/picture-icons-not-showing-up-anymore/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
A little while ago the libraries on my Windows 8 computer wouldn't open. I was told I needed to delete then restore default libraries.. which worked fine. After I did this though my DLNA on the TV stopped showing any of my files.
I can find my server and it connects fine but when I go into any folder for music/video/pictures it says there are no files. They have all worked fine previous to me having to restore my libraries on my computer.
I've tried searching online and can't find any issues on this. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Relevancy 53.75%

I have had Java disabled on my Firefox, since it was recommended to do so. (that was over a year ago or so)  I got a notice to update Java Runtime Environment.  I did it.  I usually go back and make sure Java still shows disabled on Firefox.  It always has been.  Now I do not see anything in plug ins, under add on manager tab, for Java.  I can call up Java Control Panel.  The box is unticked for Mozilla, but it is showing ticked for IE.  Some places won't be fully seen or usable without Java.  I also have No Script on my Firefox.  Sometimes it is a pain, but it has hopefully helped me.  Any ideas on this?

A:Java on Firefox, not showing anymore

Which Java Update did you install...JRE 8 Update 05 or JRE 7 Update 55 both released on 04/15/14?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531518/java-on-firefox-not-showing-anymore/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have windows installed for just over a week now Everything seems to work just fine untill today i found something that rather annoys me When in the start metro menu you right click on the bottom right corner you will have the 'all apps' option When i clicked on it a few days ago you go to see a list of all your installed apps like it supposed to But now when i click on it i just get a blank in my case green Apps All screen anymore showing not screen with nothing on it Pressing the windows key will get me back at start Also when searching for apps windows key q it seems like the searching freezes and crashes sending me back to All Apps screen not showing anymore the original start screen Does anyone have the same problem and maybe a solution I have the same problem on my laptop where i installed the same windows I've tried searching for it here but wasn't able to find anything like it I'm using the bit version of Windows pro

A:All Apps screen not showing anymore

Have you run sfc?

Open an elevated command prompt and type sfc /scannow

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/11795-all-apps-screen-not-showing-anymore.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hi I have Toshiba satellite L670D 102 with windows 7. there are 2 drives: windows (c) drive which seems fine and data (d) drive. data d drive has only 62 gb left (out of 232) but when I click non it, it only shows 4 small files for a total of a few megabytes. why doesn't it show up the rest?

Relevancy 53.32%

since last 2 or 3 days i am experiencing a severe problem in my pc
(p4 HT 3000hz, 1GB ddr2, seagate 80gb sata---xp service pack2). copying data from d: to e: is taking several minutes to complete, like 2.5 gb data copy is taking 50 minutes, and a 4.38gb dvd writing in 8x that took hardly 7-8 minutes, now taking 25+ minutes.
What is wrong happeing with my pc.
Games like sims are working very slowly, performance is too poor.
Please urgently reply.
Would reinstalling xp solve the problem

A:Seagate 80gb sata hdd copying data from one drive to another is very very slow

Is the other Drive SATA, or IDE?

Is the PC slow in general, or just when moving stuff around?

Open the Task Manager, CTRL/ALT/DEL and go to Processes. Is something using a lot of CPU?

POST back & we'll see if we can get it sorted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-80gb-sata-hdd-copying-data-from-one-drive-to-another-is-very-very-slow.94726/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all I am new Expert to seagate from sata data needed help HDD Need - 2X1TB recover to this forum I suddenly faced a typical problem days back when my computer was running very well with windows ultimate x suddenly my brother's little son kicked the CPU while playing and my machine stopped working I will give the details scenario from then as much as possible Before that here are my system specs Core quad q GHZ - Asus P QPL-AM Mobo - Xeon X GB MHz RAM - Nvidea GeForce GT GPU - Sony DVDRW - Samsung SyncMaster MG SVGA - Foxin Watt PSU After that kick to my CPU it stopped working I thought maybe there is a loose connection So I opened the Cabinet and replugged every cable and started the PC again To my surprise it did not boot up It hung at the windows start up logo screen for almost minutes Need to recover data from seagate sata 2X1TB HDD - Expert help needed I restarted again Need to recover data from seagate sata 2X1TB HDD - Expert help needed same thing happened So I thought it may happen that due to jerk my OS was corrupted I thought of reinstalling the OS As I did not have the installation media I thought of doing the same next day Meanwhile I called one of my friends who had that installation media and he said next day it was his work off so he will come to my home and install it for me I went to office next day When I returned I saw that my friend has done a great mistake He tried to repaid windows and somehow it did not work I don't know why because I was not present at that time So he decided a fresh install of windows xp and later upgrading to windows I don't know why he thought of that as windows could be installed fresh there as well Anyways at the time of installation of windows XP he deleted the MB initial MBR partition As soon as he deleted that all the extended partition of my disk became unpartitioned But still they were not combined together instead they were showing as unpartitioned but still they were there as different partition He then understood that he has done some mistake and waited for me to come I came and saw the situation Let me give u the screenshot in the windows xp screen then unpartitioned MB Windows GB the original windows drive Unpartitioned GB Unpartitioned GB Unpartitioned GB Unpartitioned GB like this I knew that the MB partition is reserved in windows for MBR MFT etc so I thought if I fresh install windows the MFT for those partitions will be lost and I may lose my gigs of data So I repaired the MBR using repairing console in windows media I used bootrec exe command Somehow I managed my windows working again but as soon as my PC boots it shown me that there is some error in the nd HDD and it needs to be scanned I left it on windows and after scanning several drives of my nd HDD it shown that there is no bad sector though it make a lot of corrections And my PC restarted after that to my surprise I saw that in the st HDD only the windows partition was there actually it was not my surprise because I anticipated something like that also my nd HDD is showing all the partitions but all of them were showing as RAW like I could not enter into the drive Then I restarted again and it windows again corrected my nd drive and after that same thing happened I understood that there is lots of problems in the MFT of my nd HDD So I thought of recovering data of my st HDD first then for the nd HDD To store these data I purchased a TB Seagate external HDD After that I tried several full version S W like stellar phoneix Runtime Getdataback NTFS etc None of them helped me to recover my data Then I used Diskpatch to repair my partition table still it is of no use Diskpatch and Runtime Getdataback NTFS cannot detect other deleted partitions they are showing only the MB partitions and the GB windows partition While Stellar Phoneix shown lots of partitions and I could see most of the data in it but at the time of recovery when I tried to recover and iso image of size of GB it took almost hours to copy it to my e... Read more

A:Need to recover data from seagate sata 2X1TB HDD - Expert help needed

258 views but still no guidance friends? awaiting your expert guidance to get rid of my worst situation asap. Please help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/222128-need-recover-data-seagate-sata-2x1tb-hdd-expert-help-needed.html
Relevancy 53.32%

It just happened to my laptop. Any links I clicked won't change the color anymore. I tried on this forum, ebay, yahoo... any webpages, it just cannnot recorded any link I already visited, but the links I visited on yesterday still showing in changed color. My history setting is 30 days. Please help.

A:All visited links will not showing in different color anymore!

Your browser may have become corrupted, which can be repaired, see:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_ie6.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-visited-links-will-not-showing-in-different-color-anymore.303778/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have Lenovo Y700 gaming laptop which I purchased 5 months back. My drive D and E (which equals to 900 GB) doesn't show up anymore. It used to happen before but after a restart it would be ok so I ignored it lately. Today while accessing those drives I got the error message "The request failed due to fatal device hardware error". I restarted my PC and now those drives doesn't appear anymore. ?I looked for solutions over the internet and most of them led me to renaming unallocated partition in Disk Management. But I don't have an unallocated partition as well!?Intel Rapid Storage Technology prompts that I should supress the problem of SATA disk (932 GB). Doing that doesn't change anything either!! Please help. It would be highly appreciated.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Drive-D-and-E-not-showing-anymore/td-p/3474111
Relevancy 53.32%

''dell inspiron 1501 AMD turion(tm) 64 X2 ,TL-50 1.60 GHZ
Memory (RAM) 894mMB
system tipe 32-bit operating system''

I have set the touchpads property in the mouse properties to a single tap a month ago... and now, when i go to control panel and and try to click on the mouse to see the properties the message 'unable to connect to the Synaptics pointing device driver' appears. when i cancell that another message appears saying 'Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working' I obviously am not a computer genius so I didn't know what to do to fix that and make my mouse properties work to change some settings. Please Help!!!!

2- Why do the GTA games run slow on vista???

please help!!!

thanx a lot.

A:vista mouse properties now showing anymore

Sorry, Can't help, since THAT'S THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM I JOINED THIS FORUM FOR!
Mouse pad, pointer, ,etc. Worked fine one day, next day, just hovering NEAR a previously 'double-click to open' link and BAM! It opens. Ads, stories I don't care about, leads I have no intention of following....all open seemingly with a mind of their own. Try to reset the stupidly required 'synaptics pointing device' to previously set parameters...OH NO! That would be too easy. First, it tells me it can't 'point' to the driver, then "It's unable to CONNECT to it, AND BONUS! : 'Windows process RUNDLL32 HAS STOPPED WORKING! MAN," do I hate Windows...KNEW I should have stuck it out for a MacBook Pro... a little help?http://images.techguy.org/smilies/confused.gif

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-mouse-properties-now-showing-anymore.593151/
Relevancy 53.32%

Help The other ady i lost my desktop everytime i reboot or log off logon i can only see a black screen with a mouse pointer I have anymore!) showing Bamital-X desktop Infected (no with to use Task Infected with Bamital-X (no desktop showing anymore!) Manager to launch any apps or a browser now When i use Avast to scan it says explorer exe has a virus and also wininit exe Here is the DDS txt Infected with Bamital-X (no desktop showing anymore!) output DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Mark at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Infected with Bamital-X (no desktop showing anymore!) Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp sympatico msn ca uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - c program files techsmith snagit SnagitBHO dll BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - lt orphaned gt BHO HP Print Enhancer C E- - -BF - C - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - lt orphaned gt BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - lt orphaned gt BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO avast WebRep E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plu... Read more

A:Infected with Bamital-X (no desktop showing anymore!)

Download the appropriate version for your system of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive. (Choose the correct version depending on which architecture operating system you are using, 32bit (x86) or 64 (x64) bit)Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand Prompt[*]Select Command Prompt[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.[*]The tool will start to run.[*]When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.[*]Place a check next to List Drivers MD5 as well as the default check marks that are already there[*]Press Scan button.[*]FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file, close out this message, then type the following into the search box after "Search:" so it looks like this:Search: explorer.exe;wininit.exe[*]now press the search button[*]when the search is complete, search.txt will also be written to your USB[*]type exit and reboot the computer normally[*]please copy and paste both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Search.txt)[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474462/infected-with-bamital-x-no-desktop-showing-anymore/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have recently upgraded mobo, cpu and ram to M4A89TD PRO, Phenom II 965 Black Edition 3.4Ghz and Kingston DDR3 1333Mhz and all was going swell. I unlocked/activated all 4 cores and Everest Ultimate stopped showing CPU temperatures for the 4 cores. Until now I have been able to see all temps. With stock hs/f its running hotter than I'd like at 46 at idle and up to 53 after gaming for a while. Mobo temp is always around 29 - 34 max. Temps are degree celsius. Any ideas on how to correct this issue with Everest Ultimate? I've tried everything I know to no avail. Any ideas or fixes would be greatly appreciated. Also any ideas on cooling system without spending the earth on aftermarket hs/f would also be appreciated. cheers.

A:Everest Ultimate not showing CPU temperature anymore

Well Everest hasn't really been supported for a long time... you might try another hardware detect software... rather than wait for the guy at Everest to find time to update.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everest-ultimate-not-showing-cpu-temperature-anymore.156986/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have 2TB hard drive with partitions, one have windows installed on and the other is BitLocker encrypted for data storage. I dont know what happend to my pc while I was at work but my pc was restarted when I got home and now my computer only shows one diskdrive (C, where windows is installed). BitLocked encrypted drive D does not show. It does show when I open disk management but it has no drive letter. See screenshot. What are my options? Please dont tell me that my 1765GB of encrypted data is lost :S

A:BitLocker Encrypted drive not showing anymore

My first bet would be to make a Ubuntu Live cd (Or even better a forensics Helix boot cd but thats probably over the top!), boot into that and see if you are able to mount the partition.. If you can then I would backup the data somewhere if possible... I think im right in saying that you can still decrypt the encrypted data if you copy it elsewhere but I haven't had much experience of bitlocker, only truecrypt.

My personal opinion is not to do anything within Windows as if it doesn't see the data or partition it may start harming your data.... Good to know my 4 years of Forensic Computing isnt going to waste... I think the above is a good start.

Hopefully others out there will have some more / easier suggestions

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/166875-bitlocker-encrypted-drive-not-showing-anymore.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Picture should say it all.. I have plugged in external drives and now they don't show up in my windows.. but I can access them through disk management!....

I didn't change anything!

ideas to get them back in my explorer window?

thanks

A:Drive Letters not showing on computer anymore???

I did have similar problems, after buying a $20 AC-powered 4-port usb hub, no more notSeeingHD problems. There are AC-powered 10-port usb hubs available from many retail stores.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/72798-drive-letters-not-showing-computer-anymore.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I ll try to give an exact account of what has happened GB of ISO files in a folder on my desktop I drag and drop the folder into an opened folder window this folder is futher in my C New folder is created and a message says some files is in use and stops immediately Close program delete partial folder created Message says files too large for recycle bin do you want to perm delete them Yes Drag and drop folder again nothings there when I open it The whole process took no time at all Never once did I see a status bar even blink on the screen No waiting time whatsoever Here s the fun part My drive In Program Recovery Showing Not Files Recovery: Up File properites shows a GB decrease in size and no iso files show up in a search I tired one file recovery freeware program and only of the iso s even showed up All were quot over written quot and not recoverable Restarted the computer Ran File Recovery: Files Not Showing Up In Recovery Program it again now no iso s show up I had a pretty knowledgeable programer help me through the above steps and they tried several options I can not describe because they involved command prompt and other things I m clueless about Unfortunately Windows is not their hot subject so suggestions are more than welcome Any ideas as to where the heck the files went Is it worth it to try other recovery programs or will that just increase my chance of actually writing over the iso s Vista Home Edition Maxtor DiamondMax HD ASUS A N-SLI MB Thanks a bunch I would greatly appreciate having the second half of my hard drive back nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

After installing a new theme, I noticed later on that all the icons on the taskbar, explorer, and the desktop were missing. The programs all work fine, with the title showing, but explorer is very laggy and it's incredibly hard to navigate through my picture folder without thumbnails.

And for some reason, I cannot open the start menu from the taskbar.

Photo Album - Imgur

I tried multiple system restores, and that did not fix the problem.

Thanks for answering, it's very much appreciated.

A:All icons on explorer, taskbar, and desktop are not showing anymore.

Hello and welcome,

You've done multiple system restores and get the same theme? Or what happens?

Click on start, and on the search bar type in cmd, once it appears right-click it and select run as administrator, upon the prompt type in sfc /scannow, it will request to scan on restart, do so.

Give an update please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-icons-on-explorer-taskbar-and-desktop-are-not-showing-anymore-635799.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone My external USb Wd mybook box has tb Seagate Sata and i use original Wd disc as W installed in My PC Case as sata II Today my old problem appears again as Corrupted disc I recovery external Data data but problem, space. Can reach no corrupted have Get Data Back NTFS and i used before plenty of times for recovery loss data or unwanted deletions but This time im stuck Becouse the disk i try to recover includes gb about used disk space only audio files only gb about empty space Thats too big for me to recover to other disks i don't have enough spaces that my other disks can handle I have about gb FREE disk space in several disks or partitions include My thinkpad SL Notebook Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. --------- So my question is wit keeping my lost data in corrupted disk first can i take them slowly to this gb spaces i know i can and after create somehow emty space deleting those recovered gb on corrupted disk and use that empty space for more recovery Or smilar solutions Becouse DISC PRICES IS HEAVY nowadays and really i'm out of budget with buying some equipments upgrades ---------- IS THERE Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. ANY PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION even can take very long time Like creating slowly slowly some extra spaces don't know how I know i look silly in Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. situation becouse i know u should never write to same disc if you dont want to say goodbye to your files E-how happened not necessary to read these part according my experiences Thats the mistakes DOn't do those at the same time After Letting my Share program DC took big share space on that disk today -there were people downloading from my disk and don't know why i did that -i used heavly that disk to tag amp rename my music -Also let windows seven index -and also let my dc indexes my share I did these things at the same time disks was working My Downloads were happening another disk but it didnt help there were no any problems im just suspicious about some virus worked on this corruption but i don't have enough clue to say that Seems overload processes made this corruption Also one more mistake i made even i know shouldnt that there was a single folder with about gb value in my musics as jukebox folder Also don't do that normally i allow for download and upload only single disk for example gb Anyway somehow after restarting my OS i suddenly see half of my data was gone from TB disk and stupidly unlike other times while using get data back i tried to write a little amount from lost data to free space on same disc then immediately i gave up but this time disk become unstable Completly corrupted after restart my restart reasons are immediate quit for suspicious virus etc with using removal batch files becouse i SO as classic sorry to take ur time and PLEASE Help

A:Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space.

Hi,

Before you write more data or attempt to read data from the drive through Windows, I would suggest using a Live CD like SysRescueCD to boot from and access the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213342-data-recovery-problem-can-reach-corrupted-data-but-no-external-space.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

you can try the trial of both products which give you a taste of what the programme is like  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573327/minitool-power-data-recovery-or-runtime-get-data-back-which/
Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

Hi

Both are good programs and i would recommend purchasing both ( if you can afford ). Both has it's own pros and cons.
"GetDataBack" is good at virtual reconstruction of damage/unrecognizable file systems but i personally found it weak at recovering image files. It recovers images but most of them seems to be corrupted in my testings. Also you need to purchase seperate versions for FAT and NTFS ( GetDataBack simple is garbage ).

On the other hand, "Power data Recovery" works with both FAT and NTFS and it is better at recovering image files. Another proven tools is "R-Studio" which has quiet good reputation among DR professionals. It's user interface is not newbie friendly but has lot's of options which no other tools offers.

Data Recovery from an External Disk with a Damaged File System

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/367221-minitool-power-data-recovery-runtime-get-data-back.html
Relevancy 52.03%

ive been backing up my music and videos since i reformatted my computer. just recently, the windows activity center popped up and said that my backup isnt working anymore because it cant find my "Local Disk (D)" hard drive. when i go to set up my backup settings the thing can only find "DVD Drive E" and not my hard drive D as a backup location.

any help to fix this issue?

A:cant backup my data anymore?

hello and welcome

try to run cmd and change your drive to D:\
then press dir /a
see your file backup in there or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/74491-cant-backup-my-data-anymore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have lost my tally recovery data wheni pasted from pendrive tally data to computer tally.it was replaced

A:tally recovery data how i recover my replace data from my pc

Recover your data in Tally - Some Tips & Tricks to Recover Tally Datahttp://www.apnitally.com/2006/09/re...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/tally-recovery-data-how-i-recover-my-replace-data-from-my-pc/2147.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I booted up my Win 7 computer today and ChkDsk said my Ex HDD may have been corrupted and proceeded to delete some files. Those were some very important files - how can I get them back? (Video and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 files)

I prefer free methods on this - I know I can buy software to do this, but I currently don't have the money. Or a very cheap method, if nothing else.

It's ironic that today was the day I was going to back up this drive.

Please help!

A:External HDD data recovery - Chkdsk erased some data!!

"How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK ? Raymond.CC Blog"
How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/22300-external-hdd-data-recovery-chkdsk-erased-some-data.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Before, the battery icon and the safely remove hardware icons worked and showed up in my taskbar on my laptop but now for some reason, they dont show up anymore. Can anyone help?

P.S. Ive tried the batch file to open the safely remove hardware page but it doesnt stay in the taskbar.

A:Battery/Safely Remove Hardware icons not showing up in Taskbar anymore...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-safely-remove-hardware-icons-not-showing-up-in-taskbar-anymore.647409/
Relevancy 51.17%

BTW if this is in the wrong forum then please tell me and then move as appropriate Thanks Yesterday I was trying to put my Packard Bell iMedia running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack to sleep and I got a blue screen with the following error codes STOP x x x C A xC x Following that I could not boot in any mode further than the Microsoft Windows XP loading screen at which point the same blue screen was displayed Today I decided to go ahead with a Packard Bell Partial Recovery which allows you to retain your data At first the System Restore on the first screen and Partial Recovery on the second screen options were greyed out and then Bell recovery Data following Packard partial recovery System Restore randomly became available so I tried that got an error message clicked quot OK quot the first time and closed it the second time and both times it restarted Then Partial Recovery was suddenly available So I went ahead with that and when it came to the screen where it asked me what user I wanted to retain the only option was quot No Profile quot Thinking that my data would still be in the place the instructions said it would be C documents and settings Chosen user name I went ahead with quot No Profile quot The recovery ran and the computer restarted and Windows started up again as if it was the first time I'd ran the computer So I created the two user accounts that had previously existed and then logged in with mine Among other messages due to the computer thinking it was new again a Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery Packard Bell window came up telling me that Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery the recovery had succeeded and my data was in quot C documents and settings Chosen user name quot It wasn't there And it's not there for the other account for Default User for All Users or for Shared Documents There is however about GB of the hard drive being used up by something and I don't know what So after all that I really have two questions Is my data still on the computer Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery If so can I recover it I'm on an old Compaq with Windows ME right now BTW I was able to hook it up to my monitor and get an internet connection It's just as well I had it

A:Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery

clarification - does your documents and settings folder only shows your new accounts?

do you have two window folders? Try a windows search for your old profile folder and see what it comes up with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-following-packard-bell-partial-recovery-205468.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Someone help please I m not that new to the game but I have come across one that has stumped me for quite a few days now I cannot copy music mp to audio cd or data files with my burner I know the burner works because it still allows me to back up my movies For the movie back-ups I use DVD Shrink with AnyDVD running in the back ground DVD Shink uses Nero as the burning software but whenever I try to use just Nero or Windows XP or WMP to burn music all I get is a bunch of error ridden coasters WMP goes through the whole motions Tells me my files are quot ready to burn quot Then when I click on quot burn quot it inspects converts everything then it burns the first song but as soon as it jumps to the next one it tells me quot closing quot and it closes the rest of the songs I have files Burn Music or anymore Data Can't tried the songs in differnt oreder and even put a whole new list of songs on but still the same thing happens Nero goes to about on the Can't Burn Music or Data files anymore burn and then I get quot Burn process failed at XXXX quot I have tried WinAmp same end result nothing I have used converters to convert mp to wma prior to burn but still the same result coaster My Burner is set as the recordable device under its properties I have tried several different types of CD-R I have always used Memorex and have not had a problem until now I have been all through the options of WMP and as far as I can tell it all looks good I have re-installed Nero WMP and WinAmp a couple of times each I have tried some new codecs but to be honest I am not even sure which ones I should have Could there be a setting that I am just overlooking Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Dell P AOPEN x burner Windows XP Pro gig HD over half still free nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Don't know of any freeware ...
But I know someone who has recovered all of his data from a formatted drive using ..
http://www.runtime.org/

I know he tried some others ... but this one worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594609/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 50.74%

pete

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have been using a Kingston gb data traveler to store work however as I was saving my word document to go home Word crashed and restarted itself it did not however bring up any autorecover options I therefore thought everything was ok and pulled out the USB When I tried to plug this in again it says USB device not recognized This device may have malfunctioned etc It then proceeds to install the USB as an unknown recovery? unrecognised Traveller USB - data Data device and appear like this in the device manager I desperately need to recover this data I was designing a Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? website and had pages of text on the USB stick What I ve Tried Plugging the USB in another machine This bought up exactly the same error Downloading a Data Doctor Recovery Pen Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? Drive tool This however did not recognise a USB as being in the system and thus did not work Is there anything I can do to rescue this data P s I use Vista -bit Business nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-traveller-usb-unrecognised-data-recovery.739439/
Relevancy 50.74%

Requested sir
                        first when i stored my all data in my seagate hard drive then i used to put a password in my hard drive and in that
similar moment my laptop was discharged and closed and due to that now i am unable to open and access my seagate hard drive , also i have with me the correct password and the recovery key with me . but yet its not working . please do help me to open my bit
locker encryption to open my hard drive .

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88db3f7e-bde9-4995-8c4f-75cd604d45fd/how-to-unlock-my-bit-locker-encryption-of-seagate-hard-drive-though-i-have-the-recovery-key-and?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I'm using Windows starter on my netbook I wanted to change the desktop wallpaper by doing this Click start and type COLOR BC important COLOR BC important regedit COLOR COLOR in the search box or run Go to HKEY CURRENT USER Control Panel Desktop folder and click on it On the right hand side you will find a bunch of entries Find the key named COLOR BC important COLOR BC important wallpaper COLOR COLOR and double click on it and put the path of the picture you want as your new wallpaper example path is C Users Big Dan Pictures new wallpaper jpg Right-click on the Desktop folder in left pane recovery can't sartup working anymore and not also click Permissions Click Advanced Go to Owner tab highlight your name in the box that says Change owner to There are only two choices the other is Administrator once your user name is highlighted click OK Click on Advanced again Uncheck the button that reads Include inheritable permissions from the object s parent click Remove when prompted Click Add Type Everyone and click OK Check Allow Read Control and click OK Click OK again can't sartup anymore and recovery also not working Highlight Everyone and check to Allow can't sartup anymore and recovery also not working Read and click OK Restart COLOR BC important COLOR BC can't sartup anymore and recovery also not working important Computer COLOR COLOR After I did that restarting didn't work anymore I can login as a user and then I see the mouse pointer as if it is loading then a blink and then jumps back to loading pointer again I decided to do a system recovery from hard drive by pressing alt F on startup That didn't do it either it said something like 'complete your setup first before recovery' thanks if someone could help me

A:can't sartup anymore and recovery also not working

Obtain a set of recovery disks from the manufacturer of your netbook.
Mount the disk to a USB flash drive using the tool from here: Microsoft Store: Download Manager Help
Wipe the hard drive and start over fresh.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/70550-cant-sartup-anymore-recovery-also-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya I managed to lose one of my HDD s with all my multimedia on it and have been trying unsuccessfully Pc Data File Recovery Inspector Recovery With to regain it with PCINSPECTOR The Data Recovery With Pc Inspector File Recovery HDD ISNT where my windows is installed and has become corrupted something happened with the partition and it went kablooey The problem i seem to be having with PCINSPECTOR is that it comes up with for example quot Cluster MP quot and it doesn t work Is it something wrong with how im using PCI or something like that I scan for drives Choose quot NONAME on FIXED DISK quot scan for logical drives and withing the first ten seconds it comes up with two partitions Choosing the second one i get these files and the first one nothing Scanning them for FAT So basically am i using quot PCI FR quot properly am i doing something wrong and or is there a cheap better alternative with results Patch Sorry guys bt i managed to fix this with the use of a different program Awesome program I m gonna plug it now quot R Studio quot well worth the investment My Multimedia was worth the odd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152008/data-recovery-with-pc-inspector-file-recovery/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am trying to be better at being organized maintaining my system by externalizing my files music files pictures backups VMs etc Recently I used one hard drive GB and labeled H for storage...shadow data) copy anymore Cannot (insufficient backup my backups and iTunes library I started with the iTunes library and got that perfect so that it now points to the only folder directory in H Now I moved on to setting up the Windows backups I set it up to back up only the 'Files in libraries and personal folders for all users' SUCCESS I see that it installs directly to the root of the H and even has some hidden files I read some boards and realized that I had not checked 'Include a system image of drives System Reserved C ' I went back to manage my backups and made sure this was selected and attempted to back up FAIL quot A shadow copy could not be created Please check 'VSS' and 'SPP' application event logs for more information Details insufficient storage available to create either the shadow copy storage file or other shadow copy data quot I reverted back and unchecked the box Tried to back up just the libraries and personal Cannot backup anymore (insufficient storage...shadow copy data) folders again FAIL Same error message I then tried to delete the old backup and even the hidden files leaving my iTunes directory still on H Then attempted again FAIL What have I done to not allow back ups to be done now Clearly it can't be space issue I have GB still left on the drive Please advise Thanks in advance

A:Cannot backup anymore (insufficient storage...shadow copy data)

Do the following to clarify the situation: Open an elevated Command Prompt (run as admin) and paste this command in and then hit Enter =>

vssadmin list shadowstorage /on=H:

Then right click on the Cmd window and click Select All, then right click again on the Cmd window and you have the content of Cmd on your clipboard. Then paste it here into the message window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/139275-cannot-backup-anymore-insufficient-storage-shadow-copy-data.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Couldn?t find the post I had put before..
My Qosmio E series (I don?t know where to find which one it is) had a recovery partition as said in the title.. on the HD and I recovered it to factory settings and so now it seems it doesn?t have a recovery partition. How would I get the recovery partition back?

2. Problem Description: I tried to install iTunes. Then all these things started happening because of iTunes and QuickTime not installing.. windows installer gets a deep error.. which then prevents me from uninstalling anything related to iTunes and QuickTime and then windows update gets a code 80070424...

At first it disabled my DVD drive but I fixed that.. what can I do to get it back to running normal and able to install iTunes..
This problem was happening over a 3 day span
My computer is on a network with one other computer.

Thanks
Operating System: Windows Vista

A:No recovery partition anymore, troubles with iTunes and QuickTime

>Couldn?t find the post I had put before..
Just click in this thread on your account name and you will see the list of all created threads.

I read your other posting and you are pretty confusing with all this. On Toshiba notebooks there is no recovery partition and recovery image is saved on second partition in folder called ?HDDRecovery?. Do not change anything there and you will be able to use HDD recovery installation anytime you want using F8 and repair my computer option.

iTunes and QuickTime are not Toshiba applications and if you have some problems with it you should contact Apple and their support. They have designed and tested own product and they should be able to help you.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?47812-No-recovery-partition-anymore-troubles-with-iTunes-and-QuickTime