Windows Support Forum

Micro Sd card not detected

Q: Micro Sd card not detected

Hihi Jumanji,

need your help again

could you please advise how to recover files from micro sd card, it was not detected

please advise
thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Micro Sd card not detected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Micro Sd card not detected

There are many capable heads here who can help provided you give full details of your problem. I would advise you not to tag on to an old thread. Instead start a new thread and give full details of your problem.
For instance 1. make/manufacturer/capacity of the Micro SD Card 2. Where was it being used: a phone? a camera? with details of the device in which it was used 3. When it happened? Was there any precipitating factor you can think of?

Given below is a typical post by a user:

"I bought my Xperia Z a while ago, and with it, a micro SD card. I've been using the phone (with the sd card inserted) without any problems. I've stored my pictures, music, files, etc. in there and always worked fine.
Yesterday, I got a notification on my phone about a new software update. Once I got home, I had the phone updating only to discover that after it finished, my sd card is no longer detected...

Any help would be appreciated please."

The user here has more or less defined his problem and any missing data we can always query and get it.

A new thread will also attract the attention of many (and not only jumanji) and you are likely to get a resolution, when many heads put their thoughts and experiences. So even if jumanji fails, there would be someone else better equipped to deal with it.

So try and make a new thread on the above lines. Don't be afraid and go ahead. We are here to help you. But help us to help you by giving as much details as you can.

( In the above case do you know what was the resolution? "Sony apologises for Xperia Z sudden-death glitch" There was someone who instantly came out with this while others were desperately trying to analyse the problem to find a solution. No, I am not saying that this applies to your case, but see how the details given by the user helped nail the problem.)

So get on to a new thread. While I go to sleep a shortwhile from now, others will be there to work on it and help you. I shall see it only after another 10 hours.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340661-micro-sd-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Dear All,

A brandnew VERBATIM 8GB Micro SDHC Card is only recognized as 1GB in my T130 / WIN 7 - funny enough: A brandnew SANDISC 8G SDHC Card is recognized as 8GB
Anything I can do here to use the VERBATIM Card ?

Any Feedback is much appreciated

Ciao Gerhard

A:Re: 8GB Verbatim Micro SDHC card recognized as 1GB Micro SDHC Card

Where did you buy that 8GB SD Card? Are you sure it's genuine?

If you got it from eBay or similar, it may be a fake SD Card that is physically 1GB but reformatted and re-badged as 8GB.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?61304-Re-8GB-Verbatim-Micro-SDHC-card-recognized-as-1GB-Micro-SDHC-Card
Relevancy 55.47%

Frd I got a problem with my Cruzer Micro GB U USB drive its not getting detected in WinXP Ubuntu on my PC nor in my Laptop Vista Home Basic also not in my frds comp with Redhat Linux Enterprise edition Micro USB Cruzer not 2GB getting drive detected U3 Cause of Problem - days back I downloaded U updater and first using U remover I removed existing U from my drive than installed new version U installed on my flash drive this all in my XP PC After installation it worked properly on my same machine I copied some of the data in it and than accessed in my frds computer which has Redhat Linux the drive not accessed for few mins and after that it got detected he copied the data that was the last when it Cruzer Micro 2GB U3 USB drive not getting detected detected Now its not detected in any of my OS -WinXP Ubuntu not in my Laptop-Vista Home Basic also not in my frds comp who has Redhat Linux Here is the current condition Light blink on for secounds when I insert it in USB port and than it doesnt Cruzer Micro 2GB U3 USB drive not getting detected show again The drive is not listed Cruzer Micro 2GB U3 USB drive not getting detected in Disk Manager in WinXP nor in lsusb list the drive HP tool is not able to detect the drive Partition Tools are also not able to detect the drive Please help to fix the issue I belive if any how I can remove the U software forcefully drive will be back but how can do that i dont know Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

My laptop is unable to read my new 16GB Micro SDHC when it's plugged into a USB card reader. The card reader is a Digitus, model number DA-70310. My computers operating system is Windows XP.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Trend Micro virus scan is detecting a virus named cryp nsanti but cannot remove it Their site says to delete the file cryp remove nsanti but by trend cannot micro [SOLVED] detected but [SOLVED] cryp nsanti detected by trend micro but cannot remove it seems to be multiplying into various programs such as Provantia Trend Micro etc --eek I've followed all the steps for [SOLVED] cryp nsanti detected by trend micro but cannot remove log posting Attached are the Panda scan and the Extra file from DSS Below is the Main file from DSS Please let me know if I'm missing anything Thanks Deckard's System Scanner v Run by STP on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP [SOLVED] cryp nsanti detected by trend micro but cannot remove - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as STP exe -------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files ISS Proventia Desktop blackd exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system PRISMSVR EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C WINDOWS system PRISMSVC EXE C Program Files ISS Proventia Desktop RapApp exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C PROGRA VOB INSTAN IWCTRL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files ISS Proventia Desktop vpatch exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital I... Read more

A:[SOLVED] cryp nsanti detected by trend micro but cannot remove

hmm...I just ran another full trend micro scan and it did not detect it again.
So I guess this is resolved for now :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-cryp-nsanti-detected-by-trend-micro-but-cannot-remove-239892.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I recently removed TDSS my compter was running fine for a while now what happens detected TROJ.SNNR micro. trend freezing Windwos is - explorer by is that windows explorer will freeze up for a minute I can still move my mouse and my music is still playing but I cant click anything and every now and then Trend Micro will detect TROJ SPNR trying to run Windwos explorer freezing - TROJ.SNNR is detected by trend micro. I recently removed TDSS but I think maybe it s still lingering around I ran the TDSS tool again and its not found Here are the logs DDS Ver - Windwos explorer freezing - TROJ.SNNR is detected by trend micro. - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Windwos explorer freezing - TROJ.SNNR is detected by trend micro. BrowserJavaVersion Run by Brendan at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security Disabled Updated B - F- EE- AEC-F E A SP Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security Disabled Updated CAF AD- - A -A C-CD D F SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x UnHackMe hackmon exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Common Files Native Instruments Hardware NIHardwareService exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files x Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows System tlntsvr exe C Program Files Viscosity ViscosityService exe C Program Files x Common Files VMware USB vmware-usbarbitrator exe C Windows SysWOW vmnat exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k bthaudiosvc C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C Windows SysWOW vmnetdhcp exe C Windows System alg exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Program Files x Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Windows Live Device Manager msgrdvmn exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files x Origin Origin exe C Program Files x Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C ... Read more

A:Windwos explorer freezing - TROJ.SNNR is detected by trend micro.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/427359 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427359/windwos-explorer-freezing-trojsnnr-is-detected-by-trend-micro/
Relevancy 49.88%

card works but it's very slow transfering files. Ive tried formating it but it didn't help. Any ideas?

bluedog40

A:micro SD card

how long have you had it. I have seen that when flash memory is going bad it starts to do that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/micro-sd-card-222172.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I can not format one micro sd card i am using for several years. it is showing "can not format this device" kind of msg. pls give me a solution

A:Micro SD card

Try using a different device or computer. Otherwise, most likely it has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card.1152526/
Relevancy 49.88%

short story.. i was loading songs onto a micro sd card before a bike ride got a message saying that the path for the file was too long and aborted the operation. now my computer wont regiter that i have an sd card adapter plugged into it plz help. i have a windows 7 64 bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card.1094856/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
I have just bought a Nokia E71 which really needs a Micro SD card to expand it. The original spec sheet says that it supports 8gb cards but would a 16gb one work? Also, being a newcomer to SD cards, are they all the same or are some types better/faster?

Thanks,
George

A:Micro SD card for E71

I found these links about 16GB cards on Nokia E71:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=communicators&message.id=30058 - Nokia E71 and 16GB microSDHC (slow!)

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=communicators&thread.id=36865 - E71 has problems using 16 Gb memory card

And take a look here, it says that it may be compatible with 16gb.

About SD cards and speed, read this article about Secure Digital Cards.

As far as I can see you should be able to use 16gb card, but there is a small risk of unforeseen behavior.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/micro-sd-card-for-e71.127529/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am using a RCA th1101a mp3 player (with firmware V. 2 installed) and a SanDisk 8GB micro SD HC memory card.

I am trying to put audio from a DVD that I ripped (THAT I LEGALLY OWN).
The audio on the mp3 player I can see fine, BUT on the card; it says that there is nothing on the card.

I have tried several ways to sync the audio files:

the music management software that came with the mp3 player
Windows media player sync
The drag and drop method
All 3 did not work

I just don't know what to do.

HELP!!!!

Relevancy 49.88%

I have an old 8GB micro SD card. I am trying to access all my photos on it. When inserted into my smartphone it tells me I need to format the card and can not access any images on it. When inserted into my computer my computer will not even pick up the card at all. When it was plugged into my phone it did show the card was 100% full so I do know there are files on it.

Would there be a way I can still access everyhting on the card? Any help would be amazing!

Relevancy 49.88%

whats the max size micro sd card i can use in my hp stream 11 laptop/notebook with windows 10.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/micro-sd-card/td-p/5620882
Relevancy 49.88%

I have just got a new phone, i have a Sandisk micro sd card it worked perfectly in my old phone... however in my new phone it comes up " format memory card" then if u try its saying "format failed" , i don't want to format it however that was the only choice and it doesn't work, i then tried to put the memory card back into my old phone and it will not be detected .. HELP!

A:Micro SD card

Your card may be damaged. Have you tried accessing it from your PC using a card reader?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card.903198/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a micro sd card with an adapter it doesn't come up on my laptop so yeah ummm when I put it in my Nokia doesn't have device manger it comes up and says if I want to delete my password but I forgot it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-help.1118221/
Relevancy 49.45%

I started to format a SD micro card in my Acer 32 bit, Vista computer. There is a green bar that appears across the bottom of the formatting window to show the progress of the action. It has been several hours since I started this formatting but the green bar has only moved about an eighth of an inch. It is continuing to move but v-e-r-y, v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. What do I need to do? Thanks.

A:Need help w/formatting a micro SD card

Hi,
did you scan the SD micro card before attempting formatting process?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-w-formatting-a-micro-sd-card.1151406/
Relevancy 49.45%

Heres what I get using the CHKDSK on CMD C Users Vash gt CHKDSK E V R X F The type of the file system is FAT Volume Serial Number is - EF Windows is verifying files and folders percent completed LOST DIR android secure Android LGBackup DCIM DCIM Camera DCIM Camera jpg percent completed DCIM Camera jpg percent completed Android data Android obb Android obb nomedia Android obb com explusalpha Snes xPlus Android data nomedia Android data com android mms Android data com cleanmaster security Android data com google android apps magazines Android data com google android tts Android data com google android gms Android data com google android youtube Trying Windows Micro 7 Card to using a Fix SD Android data com android chrome Android data com magicjack Android data com android vending Android data com facebook orca Android data com android gallery d Android data com explusalpha Snes xPlus Android data com google android apps docs Android data com android browser Android data com miniclip eightballpool Android data com facebook katana Android data com google android apps maps Android data com google android googlequicksearchbox Android data com google android apps plus Android data com google android apps plus cache Android data com google android googlequicksearchbox files Android data com google android googlequicksearchbox files download cache Android data com google android googlequicksearchbox files pending blobs Android data com google android apps maps files Android data com facebook katana cache Android data com facebook katana files percent completed Android data com facebook katana files Download Android data com miniclip eightballpool cache Android data com miniclip eightballpool files Android data com android browser files Android data com google android apps docs cache Android data com google android apps docs files Android data com explusalpha Snes xPlus files Android data com android gallery d cache Android data com facebook orca cache Android data com facebook orca files Android data com facebook orca files Download Android data com android vending files Android data com magicjack files Android data com android chrome files Android Trying to Fix a Micro SD Card using Windows 7 data com android chrome files Download Android data com google android youtube cache Android data com google android youtube files Android data com google android youtube files offline Android data com google android youtube files offline fegkZe CPNkI wpNb Lw Android data com google android youtube files offline fegkZe CPNkI wpNb Lw st reams Android data com google android gms files Android data com google android tts files Android data com google android tts files download cache Android data com google android apps magazines cache Android data com google android apps magazines files Android data com cleanmaster security files Android data com android mms cache android secure com magicjack- asec percent completed android secure com miniclip eightballpool- asec percent completed android secure com explusalpha Snes xPlus- asec percent completed android secure com threed bowling- asec percent completed android secure com pandora android- asec percent completed android secure com facebook orca- asec percent completed percent completed File and folder verification is complete Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Lost chain cross-linked at cluster nbsp Orphan truncated Lost chain cross-linked at cluster nbsp Orphan truncated Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluster corrected Bad links in lost chain at cluste... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa411adf-20ff-4148-b6c4-76ec90f6615d/trying-to-fix-a-micro-sd-card-using-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.45%

my computer has a code 28 for my LG micro SD adapter. when i try to install the software it says "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software" I don't have a CD/Floppy to install the adapter becasue it didn't come with one. My computer also won't let me roll back the driver. i tried to uninstall it and reinstall but it won't reinstall. i've used this adapter on my computer before but once i used my friends USB SD adapter casue i didn't have mine on me and since then mine hasn't worked on my computer. I know the hardware ID and the software ID but i have no idea if that helps at all. please help asap

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lg-micro-sd-card-adapter.1036481/
Relevancy 49.45%

I purchased a micro a sd w/ card Issues new gb micro sd Kingston and inserted it into my phone Issues w/ a micro sd card I connected the phone into usb and it found it immediately I then proceeded to Issues w/ a micro sd card load music on the card while plugged into the computer My daughter went off to college and used it for a few days She relized there were some album covers missing and called me for instructions on how to connect All went well A few days latter her music wasn t working she plugged it into her computer again This time the computer only showed the internal sdcard and not he micro sd I had her take the card out of the phone and plug it directly into the computer A few things were wrong right away it showed up as a gb memory card it was now FAT the phone originally saw it as a gb FAT The computer won t let her format the card nor will it read it The computer also says it needs to be formatted to read Help Don t think it matters but the phone is a AT amp T Samsung Captivate At a forum called XDA they can t help me Thank you Tom nbsp

A:Issues w/ a micro sd card

Sounds like the card has gone bad. But check to be sure that the lock switch has not been moved on the side. Try it in one or more other readers in case a contact point is not working as it should.

If formatted, the current files will be lost. But it may be unusable without formatting, though I suspect that at this point, a format would fail, anyway.

PhotoRec is the best tool for recovering files from flash memory if you have some to attempt to retrieve.

These devices don't last long usually if used a lot, and the larger the capacity, the shorter their lives seem to be.

Attempting a partition recovery might help, but may take more time than it's worth.

Free:

Testdisk Documentation
Testdisk Download
Easeus Partition Recovery
Diskinternals Partition Recovery
Partition Wizard Boot CD
DriveRescue
Testdisk Boot Disk
Partition Find & Mount
Free DTIData NTFS Partition Repair Tool

Commercial:

Diskinternals Partition Recovery (Demo)
[email protected] Partition Recovery
Bootmaster Partition Recovery
ZAR Partition Recovery
DIY DataRecovery DiskPatch
Partition Table Doctor
Nucleus Kernel Recovery for NTFS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-w-a-micro-sd-card.980112/
Relevancy 49.45%

Download Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976422) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Do you guys know of a similar update for Windows 8.1? My micro-sd card worked just fine with Windows 7, but I've been having some issues lately.

edit: sorry if this is in the wrong section.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/37822-micro-sd-card-update.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i have a transcend 8 gb micro sd card....when i try to format it...a dialogue box appears saying that this card is write protected....is there any way to format this memory card..????...and it is showing the memory of 30.6mb...inspite it is a 8 gb card??? any advice appreciated.....

A:how to format micro sd card

See if this video helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R40ROF7nJ2I

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-format-micro-sd-card.1123763/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, I bought a new Lumia 650. I insert my 32 gb micro sd card by SanDisk and It told me that there is an error... Someone also has it? What to do? Thanks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439910-micro-sd-card-best-lumia-650-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hello there just wondering do u guys know hat is the best free sd card recovery program i have one going and well it found a few things but wouldn't let me copy them then i downloaded another software program which told me need way more gb space than my sd card ever had anyways plus they take ages to complete the scan any ideas you guys.i have a sandisk class 10 64gb micro sd card.i deleted all on it by mistake

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/390009-micro-sd-card-recovery.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

Today I put my micro sd card inside a USB adapter, and plugged it to one of the USB ports.
Then I transferred some files into it, and I accidentally moved it in the middle of the work, so that it disconnected.

Now when I insert the micro SD card (inside the adapter) it tells me that I must format the drive because it has file system that's not recognized.

Is there anything I can do to fix it rather than formatting it?

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/62492-micro-sd-card-recovery.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Micro SD card that I just bought not Micro card SD working together with an adaptor to be able to insert it psysically into the SD card reader on my computer Before usage I tried formatting the disk on the computer but it didn t work and i didn t think much more about that It worked fine in the camera I have now returned from a vacational trip and have a lot Micro SD card not working of nice pictures I would like to upload but everytime I insert the Micro SD card with adaptor into my SD port on the computer it wants me to format the media I don t want to Micro SD card not working even try formatting the media this time because of the chance of removing all my pictures I had a travelfriend on my trip upload all the pictures on his computer but I don t keep in touch with him and can therefore not ask him more about this Do I need to install some program driver buy a cardreader I have Windows Start think it is called that Many thanks to whom can answer nbsp

A:Micro SD card not working

Does the camera you own have a port on the side that you could connect a wire to and get the photos off via a USB port? This would save your photos from the micro SD card but wouldn't solve the main problem. That problem I don't know how to solve personally but someone else might.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-not-working.1007162/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have amicro sd memory card which has been working fine in my new phone, yyesterday i removed it to put into my old phone and it will not show up as a meory card. I have inserted the car5d into a SD card so that i can connect it to my pc using a card reader, and it is not recognised as card being in the drive. I have many old memories of my daughter for the past two years and i think i have lost all data on this card, please please please could anyone help me try and rescue any data if possible??

A:HELP with micro sd memory card

The microSD card happens to be 4 GB or more in capacity? Your old phone and your computer's memory card reader just happen to only support the old regular SD cards, not 4+GB SDHC cards. Get a new card reader if you want to retvieve the data. Go to newegg, read reviews, and.. Err. Just forget it, I remember there being a good reader with reviews saying it supported HC and it was cheap, wait a sec...

Here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134753

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-micro-sd-memory-card.851890/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I have a Kingston 32GB micro SDHC card, which I would like to use.
However, it seems some sectors are (physically) corrupted: when I put in files, some get instantly corrupted.

I've tried (twice) to reformat the card completely, to run chkdsk on it, which doesn't solve anything (which made me imply that it was a pgysical problem).

Do any of you know a program to hide those sectors (preferably free of course) ?
Even if that would mean losing several MB, thats no problem given the huge storage space.
Buying a new one would be pretty expensive, so thats why I'm (currently) not considering this option.

(PS I'm not intrested in recovering the files - I have them all in my PC)

Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a GB Micro SD card When it s plugged into my phone my pc can find it no problem When it s plugged into a particular usb SD issue Micro card device my pc finds it Micro SD card issue asks to format it then Micro SD card issue says it failed to do so as it couldnt find the card I can t see the card in quot Computer quot It appears as quot Removable G quot in Disk Management but says Status No Media I can t access the card at all I formatted the card via my phone hoping to resolve this however Windows still asks to Micro SD card issue format it again and again I click ok and again it fails The card itself must be fine it works via my phone What can I do I have also tried changing the drive letter nothing happened Still same issue My OS Windows Home Premium -bit Device Manager seems to flash constantly like its stuck in a quot Refresh quot state I noticed quot Computer quot doing this too to a lesser extent I havent a clue what is going on here It s bizarre and a waste of time I need some help please Metalgod nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have an approximately week-old x - -n -nv detachable upgraded to the latest non-insider Win x build all latest HP drivers installed nbsp Due to the small size of the hard drive GB I installed a GB SanDisk Ultra SD Card and set it as the default location for apps documents photos etc and I also installed some desktop programs on it nbsp However the problem is that it keeps unmounting by itself while I am using the computer and unmounts SD Micro Card somtimes it remounts soon after but other times I have to physically remove it from the slot Windows makes the respective sound despite the card not Micro SD Card unmounts being mounted and then put it in again - when Windows immediately recognise it until it gets unmounted again nbsp I think that this happens only when the computer has been running for a while and its temperature has risen - but I am not sure nbsp Any ideas I have already changed the removal policy to better performance nbsp Many thanks nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Micro-SD-Card-unmounts/td-p/5648880
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi All I am having a few issues with my micro SD card SanDisk I have tried various methods and programmes to remedy the problem but nothing seems to work If I attempt to reformat SD Card Problems Micro my card on phone it seems to work fine but then seconds later the photos videos music etc are all back on the card like nothing was done If I take my card out and put it into the adaptor making sure it s in unlock mode even tried tape it comes up saying quot Windows was unable to complete the formatting quot If I go the long method it seems to work for the first few hours then about it fails same message If I go into my card through the PC and try to delete everything manually it Micro SD Card Problems seems to work Micro SD Card Problems Only to have everything re appear minute later I have tried various programmes and have when into the management of the PC Micro SD Card Problems but I have no idea why or how it s doing it I will probably buy a new pc but I really want to know why this is happening There is a few people on various forums I ve looked on having a very similar issue yet no one has been able to fix it This card worked for roughly a year before any issues at all then one day it just decided to do this it s very frustrating that I missed out on various picture from experiences due to a faulty card Phone card was used in was Galaxy S It does read it and I can view items on it both on PC and phone but they won t delete through PC or Phone It cannot be reformatted on ether system also So I m stuck with a GB Micro SD card that is unusable Any help what so ever would be great I will try to supply any info more that s required nbsp

A:Micro SD Card Problems

Replace it. Simple and you wouldn't have missed out on any experiences.

All this trouble and hassle for a faulty card. The card isn't actually being deleted or formatted, hence when the process completes, the files are still there. The fact that you get the same issues from the phone and PC prove it's not working properly. Save what you want to keep before it fails completely, and then replace it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-problems.1152459/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am not sure if this is the right forum if it is not SD Unmountable Micro Card please accept my appologies I have a gb micro sd card that was in my Samsung G It all of a sudden Micro SD Card Unmountable didnt find the card I took it out put it back in restarted the phone with it out then put it in took battery out all the fun stuff to no avail it simpy does not find the card I have a micro sd card adapter not the usb type just the one where u put the micro card into the bigger card then insert into ur computer It doesnt even read that The card adapter is working because Micro SD Card Unmountable if I put another micro card in it finds it right away My question is this if my card is completly unreadable or unmountable is there anyway I can get Micro SD Card Unmountable my pictures off the card I am not able to format the card as nothing will find it nbsp

A:Micro SD Card Unmountable

You are probably out of luck.

A couple of things to try, a different computer and a different adapter. You can also try Zero Access Recovery, it is free for memory cards. The final alternative is to pay (very expensive) one of the professional data recovery services to get them back for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-unmountable.1120324/
Relevancy 49.45%

I was just wondering how to format a micro sd card, to a Kodak easyshare camera. When I tried to do it, it was just stuck replaying the same message over and over again. Thanks!

A:Micro sd card formatting

if you have a memory card reader or an sd adapter to stick into your pc, then just stick it in there and go to My Computer

right click the sd card and click Format...

Before formatting make sure you check what format your kodak camera is so it will match, but since you can try, you can try out different formats and stuff.

Format of a 4GB sd card fully loaded takes about 30mins so in less then 1 hr you should get it to work 100%

Hope this post helped enough

ClayC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-formatting.847792/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,
I bought a new Lumia 650. I insert my 32 gb micro sd card and It told me that there is an error... Someone also has it? What to do?
Thanks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439907-micro-sd-card-best-lumia-650-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have recently purchased a new Nokia 6300 which came with a free 128MB memory card. I also bought a 1GB card as 128MB is too small. When trying to copy all the data to the new card (including the pre-installed apps and games) it stops saying that some items are stored under the secure section of the card.

I read on the web that the Nokia backup software can be used to circumvent this, however when I tried it also refused to copy the secure data.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Nokia Micro SD Card

From How to Copy Contents of Memory Card

I found out that using the ?Mass Storage? mode (also called ?Data transfer?, depending on the phone), it is possible to copy the whole content of the memory card keeping it in the phone. My error was to use the ?File Manager? from the PC Suite, which doesn?t show hidden folders.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nokia-micro-sd-card.82275/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys,

I have a micros SD card. When I put it into my windows 7 machine using USB adapter, windows explorer shows that and I also can open it and see the files and folders. But I can't run the files and open the folders. When I double click on either of those, windows hangs. I even can't format it because format fails. I also tried to recover it's data using some tools but couldn't success again. I also tried scan and fix pop-up.
I don't think it's dead but surely there is a problem with it. Is there any idea how to fix that?

A:My problem with my micro SD card

Have you tried SD card slot on your PC or laptop? If you have one? Might be the USB adapter or the micro sd card. Is the slider lock on it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-problem-with-my-micro-sd-card.198313/
Relevancy 49.45%

I got a Micro Sd HC 4 GB card to use for my phone and it is not being recognized by my computer, which is running Windows XP.I have tried this:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923293but it did not work.Does anyone have any help on this?

A:Micro Sd HC 4 GB card not recognized

I had the very same problem running XP home trying to read a micro SanDisk 4Gb SD HC. My fix I do not actually understand but what worked was buying a USB micro SD reader that stated specifically that it supported the SD HD (high density) cards. The one I bought was a SanDisk brand. I would have expected all readers to be pinned out identically but there must be a difference somewhere. I did not need to load any software specifically for the SD HD reader.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201556/micro-sd-hc-4-gb-card-not-recognized/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there, hoping you can help. I'm having problems with the SD drive on my laptop HP Pavillion x 360, Product number L5P21AAR. Currently using Win 10 but problem existed with Win 8.1 The symptoms are data loss & unable to open JPEGS & PDF's all at a latter date & all unique to SD drive. Have tried 2 x SD card both the same symptoms, currently using a 'SanDisk 64GB Ultra Micro SD SDXC 48MB/s Class 10 UHS via adaptor. Have formated the card & the laptop does not detect any card errors. So is this a compatability issue or driver issue, frustrating ! Cheers Johno 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Micro-SD-card-problems/td-p/5827653
Relevancy 49.45%

hi
my laptop is detecting the memory card( after a good dose of refreshing it) but whenever i try to open it or scan it or format it, the whole "my computer" area freezes. and moreover, now my cell phone is displaying the message "no memory card inserted". i'm using a dell inspiron 1525 with windows vista sp2 with 3 gb ram and and 230 gb hard disk.
to get you into the loop, earlier the songs from my memory card used to disappear on their own or used to go corrupt, so i decided to scan it. now when i insert in my lappy, im facing this new problem. kindly helppppppppp me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-gone-corrupt.1030347/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys,

I have a micros SD card. When I put it into my windows 7 machine using USB adapter, windows explorer shows that and I also can open it and see the files and folders. But I can't run the files and open the folders. When I double click on either of those, windows hangs. I even can't format it because format fails. I also tried to recover it's data using some tools but couldn't success again. I also tried scan and fix pop-up.
I don't think it's dead but surely there is a problem with it. Is there any idea how to fix that?

A:My problem with mi Micro SD card

About 100 views but no reply yet!?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313845-my-problem-mi-micro-sd-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

A friend of mine gave me a GB flash drive that he found on the street last week and as modded HC from SD card USB? Micro I like taking things apart I erm did Anyway instead of seeing a regular memory chip on the logic board it had an see pics GB Sandisk micro SD HC soldered to another board which was in turn mounted onto the main board with the connector for plugging into the USB on your computer As I didn t pay for it and mainly because the system and sticker said the drive was only GB and inside on the actual card it said it was an GB I pried it off the board What I wasn t expecting to see was that there were a number of contacts in the middle of the chip that were soldered to its board I scraped and Micro SD HC card modded from USB? sanded the solder down to allow for using an adapter on the legs and removed the last bit of biscuit board from the dot contacts at one point something was still bridging one or more dots I got my adapter to register the card but it said that it was GB or something so I sanded and scraped it down so that all of the dots were definitely Micro SD HC card modded from USB? separated but that made the card not register as being connected to the system Erm Sorry for the shoddy picture I couldn t find my magnifying glass to put in front of the webcam which would have made the quality way better even with a low res camera it makes the image quality times as good as it is without it on Moving on I know the pic doesn t give much detail it is mainly for the orientation and better explains what I meant in case my explanation only makes sense on my end lol I haven t ever seen a micro sd soldered to a pen drive before and as the other card that I have access to a GB has those connections painted over I cannot see which if any I could have broken it via roughness or shorting during the sanding should be connected and the schematics I see online that show more that just the main legs aren t coupled with an outline showing me the orientation of the device in relation to the card Plus it doesn t help that the dots are x even if one row had less I could figure it out Also even though in the picture you can only see the ones that had solder connections to the biscuit board nit the other ones that I can see Anyway sorry for rambling a bit What I am trying to do because I am bored and like that sort of stuff is find out if anyone knows which dots need to be bridged for the card to function again or if they shouldn t be I can then determine if it is damaged or not and can move on to taking something else to bits lol At least now as an adult in physical age I guess of the time when I mod electronics they still function properly after I have finished messing about with them haha Thanks for any help with this hope you all have a great day nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I Have installed a Samsung EVO select 128 GB microSDXC card in my spectre x2, but it does not recognise the new memory in file manager or storage.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/micro-sd-card-not-recognized/td-p/5660919
Relevancy 49.45%

hi I have a samsung micro sd card adapter. I put it in my camera thinking it was one of my memory cards and it wasnt. I can review this picture on my camera but no where else. These pictures mean alot. I tried to put my micro sd card inside but it doesnt show my pictures? can someone help me pls

A:Samsung Micro Sd card

There may be no way to transfer the files to the card after the fact.

Can you connect the camera to a PC and see or retrieve your files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-micro-sd-card.945952/
Relevancy 48.59%

I took the GB microSD card out of my phone and put it in an adapter and plugged it into a USB port The computer does try to read it but is never able to do so and I get the quot not responding quot message If I click the red x to close the explorer window it crashes windows SD 2GB crashes 7! card micro Windows explorer The task bar and all desktop icons disappear This is pretty darn lame I tried to look up issues online and indeed many people with 2GB micro SD card crashes Windows 7! GB microSD cards had issues - on Vista Amazingly they don't seem to have fixed the issues in Windows Anybody know a solution to this BTW at first it was intermittent I could get into some folders on the drive In fact I was able to move everything but the DCIM folder I was also able to move some of 2GB micro SD card crashes Windows 7! the images from the DCIM folder but now I get the quot not responding quot every time It was as if one image files was corrupted and once that image got to the top of the folder it wouldn't read anymore I say this because the auto image transfer would start up and show the first image until I moved some of the images off the card Now auto image import hangs too Note that I tried turning image import off and I also configured the whole card and subfolders as document folders known issue with Windows trying to read some video formats causing it to hang if the folder is set to something other than documents BTW that file at the top of the folder is not corrupt - moved over fine when the card was in the phone I also tried different USB ports and different adapters without luck but the card reads fine in the phone So I can get my data off the card but I'd really like to fix something that causes Windows to crash

A:2GB micro SD card crashes Windows 7!

1. Update your card reader driver.

2. Check Event Viewer for a log of the crashes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/75085-2gb-micro-sd-card-crashes-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi! Has anyone found a micro adapter for sd Card for the XPS 9350? I'd like to use a sd card without taking it out at the end of work.

thx

A:Micro Adapter SD CARD on XPS 9350

What exactly do you mean? An adapter for a microSD card?
www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_2

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992248
Relevancy 48.59%

Ive had a few totally random BSOD's when plugging in my Micro SD 2GB card which doesnt normally happen.

Today is the first time it has happened but has happened about 4 times and cant get it to stay on with the card in.

Machine details should be in my profile and Mini dumpfile is attached.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Thanks in advance for the help!

PS, any further info will be gladly provided if needed.

A:BSOD When plugging in Micro SD Card.

Quote: Originally Posted by tezlewis

Ive had a few totally random BSOD's when plugging in my Micro SD 2GB card which doesnt normally happen.

Today is the first time it has happened but has happened about 4 times and cant get it to stay on with the card in.

Machine details should be in my profile and Mini dumpfile is attached.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Thanks in advance for the help!

PS, any further info will be gladly provided if needed.

This one was probably caused by AvastSvc.exe (avast AV). I would un-install it to test. then either install a fresh copy or a different product

let us know if you need help

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\033110-29671-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*F:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c4c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e89e50
Debug session time: Wed Mar 31 17:40:08.997 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:33.761
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002fa0fb9, fffff880029ef640, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpQueryNameString+51 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002fa0fb9, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff880029ef640, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ObpQueryNameString+51
fffff800`02fa0fb9 410fb64718 movzx eax,byte ptr [r15+18h]

CONTEXT: fffff880029ef640 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880029ef640)
rax=fffff880029f0118 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=7062737504050002
rdx=fffffa8002c46520 rsi=0000000000000001 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002fa0fb9 rsp=fffff880029f0020 rbp=7062737504050002
r8=0000000000000080 r9=fffff880029f0180 r10=fffff80002e4b888
r11=fffff88001c0f3c0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=fffffa8003660800
r14=fffffa8002c46520 r15=706273750404ffd2
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00210246
nt!ObpQueryNameString+0x51:
fffff800`02fa0fb9 410fb64718 movzx eax,byte ptr [r15+18h] ds:002b:70627375`0404ffea=??
Resetting default scope

CUSTO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/75237-bsod-when-plugging-micro-sd-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've tried a Samsung 32GB micro SDHC uhs-1 card in my HP Stream 14, but the drive isn't recognized? Any ideas?

A:Micro SD card no recognized Stream 14

Hi @Freddie6, Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your specific model of Stream 14 notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running?  I understand that when you inserted the memory card it was not recognized. Will it read other memory cards?Do you see any error messages when you insert it?Is the memory card listed in Disk Management?Is the card reader listed in Device Manager?Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Using and Troubleshooting Memory Card Readers (Windows 8), that may help.  Please let me know the results. When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Micro-SD-card-no-recognized-Stream-14/td-p/5679459
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a GB micro sd card which I frequently insert in my headphones which can play pause vol - and skip to next previous mp only songs with hard buttons What my headphones cannot not do is shuffle the mp songs that I add and remove almost everyday in the sd card So it plays from the same song every time I restart the headphones and I have to card in micro sd name files Randomly my manually skip to next songs to get to a new song By everyday use I am pretty much sure that the headphones play songs in some alphabetical order but it is the same order of songs everyday Can anyone please suggest me a software or code to randomly add a unique number Randomly name files in my micro sd card or pair of letters in front of the already present mp songs in my micro sd card with just a few clicks so that I am free to listen to the shuffled songs on the go The new name must contain the song name too so that it would be easy for me to delete old songs and add new ones Also I am entirely not sure whether Randomly name files in my micro sd card it chooses the song based on its name or memory location on card Can memory locations be randomly changed for every file and it will it help in my case I use windows

A:Randomly name files in my micro sd card

Most likely it's alphabetical based on stored file name, or possibly by date.About the only way I can imagine you could deal with this (assuming alphabetical) is to add a prefix to each file, 001-002-003...etc. I think it should then be possible for one of our Programming types to concoct a batch script to run before or after use which randomly juggles the prefixes. If you have a stack of mp3s you could use a batch file to add the prefix numbers initially rather than doing it manually.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/randomly-name-files-in-my-micro-sd-card/19362.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently bought a 4gb micro memory card at the duty free in Singapore. I installed in my camera at the store took a picture and it worked well . Got home put it in a card reader and got a message "card not formatted". Decided to format the card. Format process started at the end got a message ,Windows unable to complete format" afterwards "the disk cannot be formatted" The card has never worked since.

Name SanDisk M2 4.0 gb
Operating system Windows XP Professional

A:Micro Card format error

It sounds as if you have an older card reader in your computer. These will often not recognise anything bigger than 1 1 gig card, which leads to the message you get. A new cardreader may well be the answer- try a USB type, but check with the shop it can handle cards of at least 4 GB. Most can, but its always best to find out.
If you want to try a format, stick it back in the camera, you will probably find it recognises and formats as a 4Gb.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-card-format-error.751922/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I am looking to buy a 32gb class 6 micro sd card, which the specs listed in my nookcolor userguide. I looked on newegg, which was recommended to me, but they only have 32 gigs available in class 2, 4, and 10. Are any if those compatibke with the nookcolor (which supports class 6 micro sd)?

Thanks!

A:Solved: what class micro sd card do i need?

Understanding SD card classes:

I cannot give you a specific answer; but, I think it valuable for you to understand what SD classes means. When SD cards first came to market, there was no class. It had a read/write specification; but, I don't know what that spec was. If an SD card is marked class 4, that means it can be written to and read from at four times the speed of the first SD cards that bore no class markings. A class 10 card has a 10x speed.

If your device supports class 6, that probably means the device needs a card that will accept writes and writes 6 times the speed of the (largely obsolete) original SD card.

So, if your device needs class 6, you can go higher; but, do not go lower.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-class-micro-sd-card-do-i-need.992588/
Relevancy 48.59%

Micro SD Card Help
I have a micro sd card with an adapter it doesn't come up on my laptop so yeah ummm when I put it in my Nokia doesn't have device manger it comes up and says if I want to delete my password but I forgot it

A:Micro sd card password unlock

Thebright,.
You should probably contact Nokia.
By policy, we don't help with cracking passwords

askey127

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-password-unlock.1118225/
Relevancy 48.59%

i've tried reformatting my micro sd card with my laptop (a compaq), my phone (samsung) and my mate's phone's (samsung and nokia) and it comes up with an error whenever they try to format it. and yet my stereo plays my music off it just fine. (can't remember the brand of stereo) i got the sd card from dick smith and i wasn't gunna bother searching for my receipt so i thought f**k it and got a new one which works fine, but i'd like to be able to use them both. (btw all the error says is basically "unable to format" and just "error!" on the mobiles. and i'm usin windows 7 on my laptop. before it died on me it worked just like the one i got now. it was fine.)

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys I put a bootable image on a 16 gig micro sd card. The problem is the capacity for the card says its only 53mb now, Is there any way I can fix this, Possibly by removing the image? I used win32discimager. Please help

A:Solved: Micro Sd card screw up

Did you fix this and mark the topic 'solved' ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-micro-sd-card-screw-up.1046440/
Relevancy 48.59%

I got a micro sd card and i used it in my mp3 player and it shows up in the hardware list and i can put stuff on it and it works fine. However when i put it in my motorola v360 i cant find it on my computer, i cant format it at all, i basically cant do anything. I have motorola phone tools but it cant do anything with the card. Is there anyway i can fix this?
thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

i have a pay as you go fido phone nokia 3500c i started using ovi and for the maps and music player i had to get an sd card i did that and 8gb san disc and i wont format the dang thing i have tried every option on my computer and the thing always says not formatted so i tried on the phone and i can't find the app to do it there and the userguide for the 3500c from nokia and the one from fido (both are the same) have instructions to places that i don't have on the phone which baffles me i have tried googling it to no avail and searching nokia and fido to n avail. how can i do this?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,

I have a died micro SD card, my question is that, Is there a way to revive it?

Thanks.

A:Is there a way to revive a died micro SD card?

No idea what is a "died" SD card? It's not a living thing.

If you want help, you have to be more specific with the problem. For example, you plug it into a card reader and it doesn't show up in Window explorer with a drive letter. Or, you open the Disk Management utility and see the card but it doesn't have a drive letter. Or, you don't see it at all in Windows explorer or Disk Management.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302564-there-way-revive-died-micro-sd-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

when i delete files on my micro sd card the remaining file size remains the same. example: remaning file size before removing an object: 12 mb. after removing several things in large file size: still 12 mb. i erased evry thing on there and the file size didn;t go down once! nw i cant save anything on there because it says there isn't enogh remaning file size. what do i do! i need to save things!!!

A:micro sd card 2gb fatal error

If you've copied off all the files then you should try formatting the card with the camera or phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-2gb-fatal-error.851763/
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently purchased a new GM Micro SD card for my lost computer? Micro SD card in Droid Incredible I backed the information from my old card to my Gateway DX PC and put the new card in the Micro SD card on the front of my computer so I could transfer all the data from the Micro SD card lost in computer? old card to it But apparently the card somehow dissipated into the depths of my computer because it wouldn t recognize the card and when I went to take the card out of the slot there was nothing there The slot is completely empty I looked all around the computer to make sure that it hadn t somehow fallen onto the floor but it was nowhere to be found I have no idea how this could have happened maybe I put the card int he slot wrong but that is what happened Has this ever happened to anyone else and is there any way to retrieve the card without tearing my computer apart nbsp

A:Micro SD card lost in computer?

Micro-SD cards are tiny so they are easy to lose, especially if you shove it in the wrong slot. You could use a flashlight to see if you can find it in any of the reader slots and if you do, turn your computer off, unplug it's main power, flip the PSU power switch off and wait a couple minutes for the electricity to drain out then take a small pair of needle-nose pliers and try to fish it out.

You probably put it in the miniSD slot because I've never seen a memory card reader that actually had a slot for microSD, it's usually an adapter that looks like a standard SD card that has a slot for the microSD or a USB adapter that has a slot for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-lost-in-computer.993985/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I recently purchased a Samsung m phone which comes with a micro sd card for storing music pictures etc When I put the Micro SD card into the adapter and put it into my laptop it always asks me if I want to format it If I say no nothing happens if I say yes it tells me the disk cannot be formated I put it back in the phone and formatted it from there just fine but when I return it to the laptop I get the same error Windows micro card Trouble and with XP SD again I called my service provider Trouble with micro SD card and Windows XP and at first they told me they sent that the micro SD card was not compatible with my laptop or windows xp and they said I should call oder support to ask for the correct one When I did they told me that I had the correct one that is supposed to come with the phone and that I should contact Microsoft to see if Trouble with micro SD card and Windows XP its a problem with Windows XP Microsoft won t help me unless I pay them and they directed me to Dell Trouble with micro SD card and Windows XP since thats where I got my Laptop But I can t get through to them so I ve come here instead Does anyone know what could be causing this problem When inserted I get the quot found new hardware quot message and the drive shows up in My Computer But I cannot access it no matter what I do Am I missing a certain driver Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Trouble with micro SD card and Windows XP

Have you got any other equipment like a camera, digital photo frame or MP3 player that the new card is compatible with and that you know works with your laptop? If so, you could try loading the card into that equipment to see whether XP will recognise it from that source. Alternatively, USB card readers are very cheap and you might consider getting one. Is it possible to connect the phone to the laptop and thus read the card without having to remove it from the phone?
If you haven't updated XP to Service Pack 2 (SP2) doing that might help.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-micro-sd-card-and-windows-xp.692905/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a micro SD card thats is 32gb and was working fine when i decided to load up 30gb of music. Upon doing this the card got errors and i needed to reformat it. BUT, the card is now not recognized while plugged into my blackberry, and it is not recognized when i plug it in directly to my computer (windows XP). the card is cannot format because its not recognized and it says "insert drive", but it does show that a drive was inserted. On properties the size says 0 so obviously there is a problem with the card. Is it corrupt or can this be fixed??

thanks for your help in advance.

A:Micro SD card not being recognized by Windows

1. for trancend flash drives
*goto http://www.transcendusa.com/Products/online_recovery.asp
*download the program and run it

2. for other flash drives
*goto http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
*click on the picture to download the program and run it - select the drive and format it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-not-being-recognized-by-windows.1017400/
Relevancy 48.59%

My XPS One 2710 has a card reader. I have never used it. Now I have the possibility to use a Micro SD card from a phone but don't know if it will work in the slot. Or is it only for other SD cards? Does anyone know about this?

Thanks for any help.

A:Micro SD card reader in XPS One 2710?

It should work as long as it's a micro SD slot and the card fits. If not, you could use a micro to SD card adapter (available where most SD cards are sold) and plug it in that way. Either way, the reader should have no problem with it. Micro SD cards are just like SD cards, only smaller.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392044-micro-sd-card-reader-xps-one-2710-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have 2 micro sd cards that i use in my lg u400 phone. One is a kingmax @ 512mb and the other is the mentioned Sandisk @ 2gb. The kingmax card is recognised by my advent card reader but not the sandisk. Upon testing on pc's in a pc store using their in built card readers it was picked up right away. i formatted the card using both fat/fat32 but my advent card reader did not detect anything.

Is there anything wrong my card reader or is it the card ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandisk-micro-sd-card-prob.567293/
Relevancy 48.59%

When I insert my micro SD card into a cardreader I hear the usual sounds but when I click "My computer" it quickly appears and then disappears again. I can't access my files like I normally could.

The micro SD card works just fine when I insert it into my Nintendo DS lite but I'm afraid my macbook doesn't recognize it. I'm using windows (bootcamp) on my macbook.

Could anyone please help me fix this problem?

Here's some basic information about my system:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon-processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1767 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 47353 MB, Free - 28352 MB; F: Total - 104944 MB, Free - 81212 MB;
Motherboard: Apple Inc., Mac-F22788AA
Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

A:Windows won't recognize my micro SD card?

Please help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-recognize-my-micro-sd-card.1059253/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,
i'm conrad-boy, 27 years,
and stays free abonnement for 3 years of drweb security space for september_october 2016,

i have two problems:

my 4 Gb Micro SD card, inserted on SD slot (with Micro SD adaptator on SD slot) of my machine, no recognized by explorer,

and i tried to install GFI WebMonitor, but arrived on 3/4 of installation, an error message "a file can't writed, please ignore, retry or cancel", i click ignore, then after install ends, the "splash screen" of GFI Web Monitor comes into infinite loop...

please helps me to resolve theses problems of GFI WebMonitor and Gb micro SD, because is urgent for me to use my 4 Gb micro SD and use GFI WebMonitor...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/problems-with-gb-micro-sd-card-and-gfi-webmonitor.62282/
Relevancy 48.59%

Dear tech guy

I have a 128 Kingmax micro SD card for some time now. Used to be able to work on my Motorola cellphone but the phone started acting crazy.

Removing the micro SD card helped and the phone went back to almost normal.

I have had images on the SD card and tried to delete the images in it using the cellphone but was unsuccessful. I was not able to format it either as there is no format command on my cellphone (V360).

I hava an Apacer Steno card reader and it does not even recognise the micro SD card when inserted into the card reader.

Where do I go from here. Any help is appreciated.

Rgds
Phil.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-format-micro-sd-card.632172/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
I hope this is the correct forum for this.

I have a Sandisk 32gb micro sd card that has stopped working after 1 month. It does not get seen on my computer or smart phone. I called Sandisk and they said they would replace it if I sent it back. They said there is a service to retreive the data, for a fee. I do not need the data retreived, but I do not want the data on the card to be compromised. Is there a way I can destroy the data on the card before I return it? I do not want to physically damage the card as to void the waranty.

Thanks.....

A:Solved: Data on micro SD card

as you cannot see the device , then you cannot run any program to write over it
not sure how you could clear
its not like the old media which was magnetic based and a big magent could erase the SD cards do not use that technology

uses http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory

so not sure - I guess a scandisk 32gb disk is very cheap - so is the data more valuable if compromised , then I would destroy and take the loss

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-data-on-micro-sd-card.1075439/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I have a NookColor and just SD card reformat Micro wont bought a gb micro sd card class for it which are the exact specs listed in the nookcolor use guide I plugged in the card to my comp via my usb card reader and firmatted it to fat quick format if that helps I then plugged the card into my nook and next plugged my nook into the computer and proceed to copy files pdfs from my comp hd to the nook After that I began on the comp to transfer files from the nook hd to the card plugged into the nook I did this successfully several times when during a file transfer it Micro SD card wont reformat stopped responding I did ctrl alt deletd and selected end task but it would not end even after five minutes and several attempts Finally I just turned off the surge protector cutting power I waited seconds then turned it back on But now my card has been wiped of files and furthermore tells me it needs to be formatted I clicked format from the right click menu and the format screen came up But this time it didn t recognize the card as gb only offering an mb yes MEGAbyte option with no other option Puzzled I could see no other way Micro SD card wont reformat but to try to format it that way but then it told me it couldn t format it How do I reformat it And why did thus problem happen in the first place so I can avoid it in the future Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello and good morning to you i have a gb micro sd card for my samsung galaxy s edge phone I have loads of family pictures and family videos on it some of them are priceless to me I had to do a factory reset for my phone so i used es file explorer to transfer all my photos and videos to my microsd card I have used this card for about months with NO problem whatsover I transfered all my stuff to the card and I reset all my fone with no problems and all the stuff still there then for some strange reason the fone went off it came back card 128gb corrupted!! sd says micro its on and it said the card is corrupted I need to retrieve all the items on the card please and also can my pc read a gb sd card if I put into the card reader please as I havent tried this yet Any solutions best advice 128gb micro sd card says its corrupted!! would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED A solution is urgently required please Jules

A:128gb micro sd card says its corrupted!!

If you have or download ccleaner click on the pear icon (Top right) and that has a photo recovery tool that i have used in the past.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/128gb-micro-sd-card-says-its-corrupted-4600806/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to format an old Micro SD card which has an old SatNav map on it.

Using an Micro SD Adaptor and Card reader, I can see the files on the card and the the formatting will start thens tells me 'Windows cannot complete the formatting', if I put this into my Media reader card slot on my Laptop its does not the SD or its content, if I use another Standard SD card in the slot it reads the contents.

Any clues why I can't format or read.

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-format-micro-sd-card.1014199/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello HP support, Since I bought a hp tablet (x2-10-n111nd) with micro sd slot four months ago, I have had issues with a disconnecting micro sd card. I have had extensive contact through telephone with the HP support, but still the issue has not been resolved. The problem has been identified to be a bios issue, NOT a driver issue.  I am not the only one with this problem: see  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-x2-210-Product-Nr-L5G94EA-AB... What especially frustrates me is that HP has never responded on the above thread or showed any action to find a solution to this problem. Will you finally respond now HP?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Problem-with-micro-SD-card-slot/td-p/5635870
Relevancy 48.59%

I want to get an SD memory card for my digital camera

I can get a class 4 Micro SDHC Memory Card for the same price
I've loads of SD adapters lying around so can use the smaller one with my digital camera

Will I have any problems doing this??
i.e. get the smaller memory card and use in my camera with the adapter?
Then I have the freedom of using it with my mobile phone if I every needed to

Is there any effect in the speed - the fact that we're using through an adapter?

Thanks!
OM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sdhc-vs-sd-memory-card.987681/
Relevancy 48.59%

I've tried a Samsung 32GB micro SDHC uhs-1 card in my HP Stream 14, but the drive isn't recognized? Any ideas?

A:Micro SD card not recognized Stream 14

Hi @Freddie6, Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your specific model of Stream 14 notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running?  I understand that when you inserted the memory card it was not recognized. Will it read other memory cards?Do you see any error messages when you insert it?Is the memory card listed in Disk Management?Is the card reader listed in Device Manager?Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Using and Troubleshooting Memory Card Readers (Windows 8), that may help.  Please let me know the results. When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Micro-SD-card-not-recognized-Stream-14/td-p/5679459
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys Sorry if this is the wrong Forum for this problem I was not sure where to put it Last night I took the microSD card out of my Sony gone all seems data Problem, SD to have Card Micro Experia smartphone popped it in my universal card reader and connected to my PC via USB My plan was Micro SD Card Problem, all data seems to have gone to tidy up image and music files renaming etc After a few minutes I noticed strange characters appearing in folder names I decided to stop and then I put the card back in the phone that s when the problems started The phone ignored the card and Micro SD Card Problem, all data seems to have gone said it needed formatting I took the card out of the phone and connected it back to the PC The PC now says there is no data on the card and that it needs re-formating As I have hundreds of photos on the card I do not want to loose them if at all possible Is there a way out of this problem I ve seen data recovery software for sale but I have no idea whether or Micro SD Card Problem, all data seems to have gone not it works or how it works Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Looking forward to hearing from you Regards Paul nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I'd deeply appreciate any help with this after HJT detected" scan: Housecall viruses Trend "18 log Micro problem Trend Micro Housecall's quot Virus Scan quot results quot We have HJT log after Trend Micro Housecall scan: "18 viruses detected" detected infected file s with virus es on your computer HJT log after Trend Micro Housecall scan: "18 viruses detected" quot The quot associated virus names quot are quot HTML COOLWEB A quot quot JAVA BYTEVER A quot quot JAVA BYTEVER B quot and quot JAVA BYTEVER C quot But Trend DID NOT delete them They are STILL in the computer So I disabled programs system restore and ran Hijack This This is the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C hjt HijackThis exe N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www yahoo com quot C Documents and Settings cal Application Data Mozilla Profiles default tt aahh slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot quot C Documents and Settings cal Application Data Mozilla Profiles default tt aahh slt prefs js O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Ipswitch WsftpBrowserHelper - ED -FB C- D - D - DA B - C Program Files WS FTP Pro wsbho k dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLL O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run GhostStartTrayApp C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe O - HKLM Run Outpost Firewall C PROGRA Agnitum OUTPOS outpost exe waitservice O - HKLM Run WorkFlowTray quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPagePro WorkFlowTray exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run QuickGammaLoader C Program Files QuickGamma QuickGammaLoader exe O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Maps - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra button Trashcan - F B A- DA - e -B - F - C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Firewall TRASH EXE HKCU O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show Trashcan - F B A- DA - e -... Read more

A:HJT log after Trend Micro Housecall scan: "18 viruses detected"

Welcome to TSF. That log actually appears clean, but to be sure, let's do a couple things.

Let's use a program to scan for any trojans that may exist. Download TDS-3. Learn how to use it here. Make sure to update it after you installed it. You can get the manual updates here. When you launch the program, it will scan your memory for running processes. This will take less than 30 seconds. Next go to System Testing on the menu and choose Full System Scan. After that's finished, post the log file by selecting everything on the top pane (select from bottom to top). If any alarms are found, it will be listed in the bottom window. Please copy and paste that here also if it applies.

Also........

Download StartDreck http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/StartDreck.zip

Unzip to its own folder and start the program:
Press 'Config'
Press 'mark all'

Uncheck the following boxes only:
System/Running Process -> List Modules
System/Drivers -> NT Services
System/Drivers -> NT Kernel- and FS-drivers
Press 'OK'

Press 'Save' and select the location to save the log file (default is the same folder as the application)

Post the log in this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hjt-log-after-trend-micro-housecall-scan-18-viruses-detected-41583.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I was told at Staples that Kingston Micro SDHC/SDXC Card, Class 10 UHS-I, 64GB would work for Samsung S5 phone.

Item 1265935

Model KC-C2264-2V

So I bought it since it was on sale.

When I plugged in the micro sd card to a hi capacity adapter with usb to Windows 7 computer, it shows it formatted already as ExFat format here-

My question is Samsung S5 compatible in ExFat format or Fat32 when I read or write with micro sd card inside the slot of Samsung S5 ?
Should I format it to Fat32 or it won't format as Fat32 when using 64 Gbs?

I know the previous Kingston sd card I had was 32 gbs and was Fat32 format
which worked.

Thanks

A:Samsung S5 phone micro sd card format for 64 gbs ?

FAT32 file system is the most compatible file system, as it can be read and written to on all platforms, but you cannot save files larger then 4Gb. exFAT, which is specifically used for USB Flash drives and Phones, no longer has this limitation and it should be compatible with your phone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/samsung-s5-phone-micro-sd-card-format-for-64-gbs-1029529.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Is there anyway to get the VGA Adapter Card (74IOVGA) for the 7040 Micro?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991980
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I have an Asus Transformer Book T100 and I wanted to use my SanDisk 32GB UHS Speed Class 1 Micro SD Card however when I copy files onto it (Usually large files) it starts to copy really slow but eventually stops. Comparing this to my 16GB Micro SD card which is only Class 4, it copies way faster. Both cards are SDHC andmade by SanDisk. Why is the 32GB card slower than the 16GB even though the 32GB card is rated faster?
Thanks

A:32GB Micro SD Card Slower than 16GB

It depends on what the speed class the 16gb is. SanDisk has the info on their website about this. Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64508-32gb-micro-sd-card-slower-than-16gb.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This advice was given in a previous thread:
Create a shortcut on your desktop that points to the SD card. Give it an obvious name (like "SD" in my case) and then move it to the root of C: (as in C:\SD) or somewhere else convenient. Then, add that location (the shortcut) to the library. Voila! It works. On the Samsung tablet, this is in fact the only location I use for the Videos library.removable devicto the e. Give it an obvious name (like "SD" in my case) and then

How do I 'move' a shortcut to the root of C:? In fact can anybody explain this in move simpler terms? Brink?
Thank you.

A:Forcing a Micro SD card to act as a permanent storage.

Originally Posted by robinpe

How do I 'move' a shortcut to the root of C:? In fact can anybody explain this in move simpler terms? Brink?
Thank you.

Simple:

Right click the shortcut, select Cut or Copy:

Paste it to root of C: or anywhere you'd like to:

Shortcut is now shown in its new location:

Anyway, this whole procedure is unnecessary. Far more simpler is just to include the SD card or any other drive directly to a library by right clicking it and selecting Include in library:

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53513-forcing-micro-sd-card-act-permanent-storage.html
Relevancy 48.16%

So first a quick system specs Vista Ultimate Asus P N-D Q G Ram I figure the video card is not really necessary for this information Ok so on to the problem When I plug in a Mass Storage device G Fantom it tells me I have to format SD Storage/Micro Card USB Mass Problems the drive before it will read USB Mass Storage/Micro SD Card Problems anything It works in every other computer that it gets plugged into The bigger issue I have not saying that one doesn't annoy me is with my MicroSD card for my phone I have a Kingston G SDHC Micro SD Card and when plugged into my computer either with the USB adapter or with my memory card reader when I open the folder for the quot my music quot it will populate the song titles but won't put the artist or album info there It will start the progress bar at the top as if it's trying to load but will just time out and cause a quot Not Responding quot error Any ideas as to the problems I don't want to reformat if I don't have to but it's the only thing I can think of is a software issue Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-mass-storage-micro-sd-card-problems-424885.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys n gals.

I accidentally delted a few .mp4 files from my GoPro's SD card from my first scuba diving trip. No good I did it through Windows, but they are not in the Recycle Bin. When prompted to delete, it said "are you sure you want to permanently delete these items?" Unfortunately, I had a few good files selected as well.

I've tried the free EaseUS data recovery software, and while it has found the files and "recovered" them, Windows Media player gives me an error message when I try to play it back.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!!

A:Looking for Data Recovery Help for deleted .mp4 from Micro SD card

Try this https://www.piriform.com/recuva
I've never used it myself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-data-recovery-help-for-deleted-mp4-from-micro-sd-card.1144843/
Relevancy 48.16%

I use to own the USB 760 & had the 5GB a month plan with Verizon while I was going through hospital treatments, it was hard for me to keep under 5gb but I only used the thing like 5-12 days out of the month, so I managed to work it out. Im looking for something with unlimited bandwidth or with at least like 25 gb's or more & was wondering if anyone knows other service providers with different plans. It seems that Verizon only has the 5gb plans which doesn't really cut it for me.

A:Wireless Internet Card (USB Micro Modems)

What country - in the UK O2 (telefonica )offer a few plans and I think one is unlimited
I had 9GB and for people who travelled we had 30 or 40GB datapalns

They have a fair usage policy - so the unlimited is not unlimited

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-card-usb-micro-modems.908553/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone, I am trying to find out what the maximum capacity is for the micro SD card slot on my new Stream 13? Looking at the specifications, it seems to be 32gig but on some of the discussions elsewhere the suggestion is 64gig. I would prefer to add a 64gig card but don't want to spend the cash and discovere the limit really is only 32gig. Can some kind soul please give me a definitive answer to this small puzzle? - 32gig or 64gig? Many thanks

A:Maximum size of micro SD card for Stream 13

Hi @clueless969, Welcome to the HP Forums!It is a terrific place to find answers and suggestions!For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.Learn How to Post and More HP does not provide the maximum size of the SD card accepted. I suspect that either size should work but sometimes there is a compatibility issue with the brand.   If you take your notebook with you to a local store such as Staples or Best Buy they may let you test one to be sure or have one you can try.  I hope this helps!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Maximum-size-of-micro-SD-card-for-Stream-13/td-p/5019329
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a download sitting in my downloads folder on my Lumia 625 and I am trying to move it to my micro sd card. When I go into storage sense- phone - downloads and tap downloads it only gives me the option to delete and not manage. What am I doing wrong? I need to transfer this download to the card so that I can transfer the download to another device.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Helena

A:copying downloads to micro sd card Lumia 625

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have a download sitting in my downloads folder on my Lumia 625 and I am trying to move it to my micro sd card. When I go into storage sense- phone - downloads and tap downloads it only gives me the option to delete and not manage. What am I doing wrong? I need to transfer this download to the card so that I can transfer the download to another device.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Helena You must use File Manager , not Data Sense

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435380-copying-downloads-micro-sd-card-lumia-625-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey,

I recently bought a Nintendo DS and a DSTT card so that i could have all my games on the one card. This works by having a NDS Game Card that has a Micro SD slot in it that allows you to put game files on it, allowing you to have multiple games on the one card. When i first got the card i was able to connect the Micro SD card to my computer using the USB Adapter that came with the card. Now when i try and connect it my computer doesn't think anything is plugged in. I've tried putting it in another Adapter and another computer, each failing to recognise the card. The card still works fine in the Nintendo DS but i can't get my computer to recognise it when i plug it in through USB?

A:Computer Won't Recognize Micro SD Card Through Adapter

are you sure its the right cable.. i have the same thing but its called ACEKARD buy on of thoseas the come with a usb thing which you insert the micro sd card into and slot that into a usb hub hope that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263470-computer-wont-recognize-micro-sd-card-through-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all I recently purchased a GB micro sd card for my LG VX phone I don t have any problems transfering files or listening to music However I need help solving an annoying problem In the Album Order Card Micro On In Not Songs Solved: SD category of my Solved: Songs Not In Order On Micro SD Card phone s playback options the songs get arranged alphabetically What s somewhat confusing about this is that on my PC from where I m loading the memory card the songs I have in my individual album folders always have numbers before the titles to make sure they re played in order etc It seems that the phone dismisses the manually inputed name of the song and reads the title digitally and arranges the playback alphabetically thereby usurping all sembelance of order which is Solved: Songs Not In Order On Micro SD Card annoying when I want to play all the songs from an Album and find them playing all out of order which is even more frustrating when listening to quot concept quot albums Any ideas on how to resolve this nbsp

A:Solved: Songs Not In Order On Micro SD Card

Ok...Here's the deal...

VCast Music software only reads music alphabetically for songs that are imported from our own music libraries. This is because the software sorts based on ID tags.

I resolved this by changing the ID tags.

It's a very simple process, but very tedious as it involves tagging each individual song that I want played in a certain order.

Right Click on an MP3 file. Go to Properties--->Summary Tab

Make all the necessary changes (in my case, adding 01,02,03,04 etc before each song title that I'm going to be playing in album mode).

Anyway...now that this is resolved, I hope this thread will help someone in the future.

Cheers, all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-songs-not-in-order-on-micro-sd-card.660863/
Relevancy 48.16%

First please note that I am a general computer user and not very card? I folder data SD from Can RAW a recover micro familiar with data terms so please bear with my explanation attempts and newbie-friendly responses are greatly appreciated I also am new to Can I recover RAW data folder from a micro SD card? the forum so hoping I'm posting this in the right area Tonight I found my micro SD card with pictures on it that I've been missing for years I excitedly popped it into its adapter and inserted into my laptop and encounter a formatting error I tried putting it in my camera and it said the same thing I knew formatting would risk losing data but it was my understanding that I could not access my data at all without formatting first I attempted to format but immediately got a message that the format failed I searched the internet and didn't find much In desperation I turned to youtube and followed the instructions in this video https www youtube com watch v CndoDjZlmxY I had no idea what I was doing but followed along with the video I was able to open diskpart and follow all the instructions but when I entered the quot clean quot command not clean all it was successful In the youtube video tutorial clean was not successful I have tried to run multiple data-recovery programs without success including easeus icare recuva and getdataback Even after the clean in diskpart windows still tells me to format and attempting to format fails My Micro SD is still recognized by my computer In every data recovery program it is recognized in partition recovery mode yet in deep recovery mode it does not show up Running partition recovery many of the programs recover a RAW folder However clicking on the folder does nothing no file tree opens and it shows bytes In hindsight I should have checked if the Micro SD card had any used storage space recognized on it before trying all this but I didn't even think about it I've posted an image below of what I see pretty much the same across all programs and I can't seem to get any further Can anyone help Are my pictures lost forever

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73053-can-i-recover-raw-data-folder-micro-sd-card.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello. Im running Windows 8.1 on my Lenovo laptop.
Im using Lexar 300x 64Gb micro Sd, and a Lexar micro SD adapter which goe into a usb 2.0 stick. So I plug them all in together and insert into my laptop USB port. A red light comes on when I do this on the USB stick. I click 'my computer', which recognizes it as 'removable disk (I: )'. I click on 'removabe disk (I: ), to open the drive and a window pops up stating, 'Please insert a disk into removable disk (I: ). Ive used it before and had no problems previ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-sd-card-reader-adapter-problems.1163480/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have tried to format a G micro Solved: Cannot sd micro format/delete card sd card without success using a USB Card reader to use the card for general documents etc I ve tried various methods of DOS commands Dos with Safe mode switching the adaptor Used chkdsk with results as below - The type of the file system is FAT The volume is in Solved: Cannot format/delete micro sd card use Solved: Cannot format/delete micro sd card by another process Chkdsk might report errors when no corruption is present Volume Serial Number is - Windows is verifying files and folders File and folder verification is complete Windows has checked the file system and found no problems KB total disk space KB in folders KB in files KB are available bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk If I go to properties to change from read only I get the following error - quot An error occurred applying attributes to the file quot quot F quot quot Data error cyclic redundancy check quot Yet if I do this in Dos with the cmds it completes it function in changing its attributes without errors I can do other cards I have of G without any problems showing the adapter is good The card was an old GPS SatNav card so it appears to have something written to prevent any changes or formats deletion Unless someone knows otherwise thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is unable to read my new 16GB Micro SDHC when it's plugged into a USB card reader. The card reader is a Digitus, model number DA-70310.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

A:Microsoft XP Pro Versus 16GB Micro SD Card

Looking at the specs, your card reader lists, SDHS, and Micro SD, but it doesn't list Micro SDHC. Are you plugging the micro card into a SDHC adapter before plugging it into the card reader?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-xp-pro-versus-16gb-micro-sd-card.978314/
Relevancy 48.16%

Well yesterday I formatted my GB SD card for my phone a Samsung a- after moving things off of it I didn t back it up Solved: problem Formatting After Micro card SD because Solved: Micro SD card problem After Formatting I had Solved: Micro SD card problem After Formatting just moved everything so I didn t feel there was a need Well afterwards I formatted my card to FAT to it s default allocation size After I fixed up some of my files a bit I moved all my things back onto my SD card I saw its completion and I saw all of my things put back onto my card when i put it back into my phone I only saw the three folders that the phone automatically creates when an SD card is inserted the audio pictures and video folders I then checked my card s properties as well and it seems that the spaces i taken up which is around GB but still no files at all I also tried disk checking but that always ends in an error or something I ve tried everything I can think of and now I don t know what to do Can you guys help me please P S I really don t want to reformat it again because I have a lot of music photos on it and it took forever to put them all on nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey I have a gb micro SD card It was Micro SD forgot card... Encrypted password as still is in my Motorola Droid Razr I set it to be encrypted so I made Encrypted Micro SD card... forgot password a decently normal password for it possibly containing letters and numbers I had to restore my phone because of a issue So when I tried to access my microsd card the password saved in cache on the phone was lost since I restored it So Then the forums said that if I installed something called Fexplorer It will then let you access the password through cache aka mmcstore The problem is I dont have that stored in my phone anymore since I restored my phone So all I want to do is be able to retrieve my content on my sd card considering I dont know the password and also remember I cannot access the microsd card via my computer or anything on my phone or computer since the microsd card wont pop up on the phone or laptop unless I input the password So it wont show it exists Please let me no what I can do without losing my content and it wont show up on my computer or phone because it doesnt have my password in it nbsp

A:Encrypted Micro SD card... forgot password

I don't know for sure that it does, but if it uses any remotely decent form of encryption then you're going to need to remember that password... it's kind of the point of encrypting it in the first place. If anyone knows differently please chime in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/encrypted-micro-sd-card-forgot-password.191393/