Windows Support Forum

Brother Wireless Laser Printer - Installed, connected but cannot print

Q: Brother Wireless Laser Printer - Installed, connected but cannot print

I set up the printer (HL-2270DW) following all instructions. It is listed under Devices and Printers with my other printers, but not under Printers. I cannot set it as default printer in Devices and Printers.

When I go to printers -> add new printer -> wireless printer it is found, but it says installation failed when I try to install it. I got no errors following brother's instructions, can connect to the printer settings wirelessly but cannot print.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Brother Wireless Laser Printer - Installed, connected but cannot print

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Brother Wireless Laser Printer - Installed, connected but cannot print

Interestingly, I just found that my windows 8 tablet can see and print from it fine. I configured it from my windows 7 desktop though, and this is where the problems are happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343490-brother-wireless-laser-printer-installed-connected-but-cannot-print.html
Relevancy 82.46%

I have a home network that includes- Two Windows PCsTwo Linux machinesA Brother MFC N networked multifunction printer All the above are on wired connections Then there's an n wireless link for laptops and media devices I'm just setting up a new machine that's running Windows Home using the wireless network I was annoyed to find that Brother don't have a full-function Windows driver for the N that supports scanning I/f Laser Can't Web or print printer- networked Access To use Brother but the Brother site says the built-in drivers in Win should work Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f for basic printing Problem I successfully added the printer device to Windows at the rd attempt using the quot manual advanced quot method Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f The printer has an entry in the hosts file and was added by host name The printer fails to print with a quot not responding quot type message The driver also can't pick up the status info from the printer What's really weird is- I can ping the printer from the W box and the other machines by either IP address or hostname However this printer has a web interface I can access this from any of the Windows machines but the Windows machine says quot web site failed to respond quot or somesuch This happens with any of Edge IE or Chrome browsers I can't even make a manual connection telnet to port from the Win machine timeout The Windows machine CAN access all the other devices on the home network including the web servers Apache on both the Linux boxes This looks like the web access to that particular Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f address is being blocked somehow I have tried disabling my AntiVirus package Kaspersky but that makes no difference Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on here Is Win perhaps detecting an quot old quot web server on the printer and refusing to talk to it and why would that prevent printing using lpd

A:Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Hi Try and see if you can get and download windows 8.1 drivers as they do work with windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36872-cant-access-networked-brother-laser-printer-print-use-web-i-f.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have not unpacked my multifunction MFC-9330CDW, because I had ordered 9340. But carton says:

OS version, Win 7,

supported functions Print Scan PC Fax (black & white only)

Does the "black & white only" refer only to "PC fax"?

Anyone knows?

Hans L

A:Brother color laser printer not supporting Win 7?

Hi there .. Have read through a few reviews of your printer .. It does seem to refer to the Fax only .. I am sure it is not a feature which you will use much any how .. I have always liked Brother Printers they seem to work very well and the INk is not so expensive ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314851-brother-color-laser-printer-not-supporting-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I ve been using a Brother HL laser printer for the past years I ve recently replaced the toner cartridge and pages continue to be stained with toner I ve cleaned the drum unit on: Brother Laser 2140 Opinions Printer several times - but the situation has only worsened According to recommendations in Opinions on: Brother 2140 Laser Printer the user manual I should REPLACE the drum unit This part costs Rather than doing this I m thinking of buying a new unit The Brother model laser printer is selling for aobut Seems like it would be a better investment than sinking into the older model I ve not found any other laser printers for less than My question Are there any users out there that have the Brother model printer Any comments good or bad that might guide me as to whether or not I might want to get one I only use the printer for personal use do not print a lot of copies am not too concerned about whether it handles many copies per minute and have no interest in color printing Any comments will be appreciated nbsp

A:Opinions on: Brother 2140 Laser Printer

Sorry for the 'typo' error in the title: the correct model of this printer I am considering is 1240.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opinions-on-brother-2140-laser-printer.40953/
Relevancy 91.16%

usb Brother 2142 laser printer on xp works fine, but vista says XP machine has the "wrong driver" and cannot connect.

Both machines can see each other perfectly otherwise.

Please, does anyone know how I can fix this, or know a workaround?

A:vista 64 cannot share xp usb brother laser printer

my recomdendations with printers throw it out the window lmao hate em

best thing to do is go to the website and find the driver

last option go into device manager and see if it is reading it wrong or found it

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/267409-vista-64-cannot-share-xp-usb-brother-laser-printer.html
Relevancy 89.87%

My networked Brother color - of laser Brother connectivity printer Loss printer has stopped communicating with my main computer and refuses to reconnect to it My network is based on a TP-Link TD-W N Wireless N ADSL Modem Router purchased and Loss of connectivity - Brother color laser printer installed in November The router has four ports The connections are Port Computer C an old i desktop running Win Pro and now used mainly for backups It's offline most of the time Port Computer C an -month old-i desktop running Win Pro This is my main computer Port Disused and apparently faulty Nothing I've plugged into it will connect to anything else Port A -month-old Brother HL- CDN networked color laser printer Until recently I've had no problems with ports and I also use two laptops wirelessly connected to the network L An i Acer TravelMate running Win Pro L An i Asus Laptop running Win Home Premium I normally print to the Brother from C C and L I've never printed from L A month or so ago L started reporting that the Brother was offline I cured that by deleting the printer from L and then re-installing it After that happened a couple more times I gave up and instead redirected L print jobs to quot Brother Printer on C quot That worked Today I tried to print direct from C for the first time for ten days To my surprise C reported that the Brother was offline I deleted the printer and tried to re-install it No luck Windows quot Add Device quot can't find any new device I went through the usual permutations of turning everything including the router off and restarting without success I also unplugged and then re-installed the Brother's cable to the router - no change I reloaded C 's Brother printer driver by doing a System Restore to March when I know I had a working printer that also eliminated any remote possibility that the problem could be related to the March updates Still no luck C still insists that the Brother is offline Thinking that the Brother must have a network card problem I then tried C which hasn't been used for perhaps a month It printed to the Brother quite happily thus demonstrating the Brother is apparently ok I'm now completely confused This seems to be a network problem of some sort Can anyone suggest a useful approach I hope I've explained enough for to make sense of the problem John

A:Loss of connectivity - Brother color laser printer

Brother makes available a network repair utility if something has gone wrong with the config. Saved my bacon a couple of times. From what you say tho, it looks like you have issues with your router/modem. I would shut everything down but C2 and plug the printer into port 1 and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/364187-loss-connectivity-brother-color-laser-printer.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I'm just wrapping up installation of a new computer including a clean install of Windows We have a networked Brother MFC- DN I went to Brother's site retrieved and installed the full driver and software package for this printer and -bit Win There were no errors or warnings indicated during the installation I rebooted the computers and attempted to print a test page from Word Nothing happened -- Word didn't give any error messages but nothing was queued to the printer The printer is set as my default printer The status shows 'working properly' The device troubleshooter is unable to detect any errors In attempting to print a test page from the Printer Properties dialog it immediately pops up with 'Test page failed to print' I can quot talk quot to the printer There's a web management page which I can reach without problem through a browser One of the programs installed with the printer to Can't Brother networked print Brother package was a scan and fax utility which I tried and had no problem scanning something So I'm really at a loss what the problem might be or where to go from here I hope someone can help Thanks Ken

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55806-cant-print-brother-networked-printer.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Can someone help me figure out how to get my printer working again. I just moved to another state and perhaps something happened during the move. First it wouldn't print because I needed a new black ink cartridge. That didn't help. Page would print only a graphic or the text was a pale blue impossible to read.

I tried to reinstall with my driver CD, but now the printer won't run at all; won't even try to print a page, doesn't make a sound. And it keeps turning itself off. I use Windows XP Pro. Sure would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

A:brother printer MFC-J615W won't print

I would suggest that you might find this link of some help:

http://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocuments/Consumer/Users Manual/UM_MFC_J615W_J630W_EN_2533.PDF

Take a look at page 63.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-printer-mfc-j615w-wont-print.1082014/
Relevancy 79.98%

running Windows XP Home & FireFox. my printer is connected via a USB port. when i try to print, the printer display shows 'receiving data', the printer icon on the monitor task bar disappears (as in the doc has printed) but i don't get a physical printed doc. i use PaperPort a lot so i switch back & forth between hard copies & virtual copies. the virtual copies aspect works fine, just can't get hard copies. i have tried disconnecting the power cord, didn't help. suggestions, please!

Relevancy 79.98%

I have a brother printer HL 5250DN and I have it hooked up to my airport to share with my Imac and my pc. Everything was working fine the other day until my brother decided it wanted to die and I went to replace it with a new one. (I bouthg it at staples and they exchanged for a new one). I did the following steps but it still doesn't work:

I turned off all computers.
Unplugged the printer from power and network cable from air port.
I turned off airport and unplugged cables.
I waited about five minutes and plugged all back in and turned back on. still no worky, i can not detect the printer on my pc but I can on my imac. I unistalled the drivers and re-installed on the pc. I don't know what to do next and I really need to print!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-printer-hl-5250dn-will-not-print-to-pc-using-airport.794410/
Relevancy 79.55%

its a brand new printer CLP-510N

only prints with faded black ink - and its meant to be a color printer

any ideas?

Relevancy 79.55%

Hello All I have recently upgraded my computer to an Acer Aspire H i My old Brother laser printer HL worked fine via W and W on a previous computer Now it only works if I unplug and re-connect the USB connector or the power supply each time the computer re-starts On start up the printer shows as off-line and if put it online Devices and printers gt right click gt see what's printing gt uncheck Use Printer offline I get an error message Printer is in an error state or must re-connected printer time each to computer W10 be starts Brother quot Printer could print until I disconnect the USB or the power cord and re-connect it It will then work fine until I shut down the computer I have it connected by USB to a port at the rear of the Acer In Printer properties it shows as being connected to port USB Virtual Printer Port I'm using the most recent update of Windows I have Brother printer must be re-connected to computer each time W10 starts checked the drivers there are none available for download from Brother - not required apparently - and the installed driver is showing as quot up to date quot I have spent the last week trying various quot solutions quot found online but so far nothing works Any suggestions would be very welcome Stephen

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63503-brother-printer-must-re-connected-computer-each-time-w10-starts.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Finally got my Okidata C3200 printer installed in x64. That means everything , hardware wise, is working in x64 now. Woo Hoo. Also means I am now an ardent x64 user. Guess is also means I need to buy more ram.

Gary

A:Okidata Laser Printer finally installed

Quote: Originally Posted by garysgold

Finally got my Okidata C3200 printer installed in x64. That means everything , hardware wise, is working in x64 now. Woo Hoo. Also means I am now an ardent x64 user. Guess is also means I need to buy more ram.

Gary

Gary, I am having loads of trouble getting new Win 7 machine to see Oki C3200 laser printer on a Win XP Pro networked machine. Loaded drivers as instructed by OKI to no avail. Am running Win 7 X64 version - document sent to printer from that machine just sit in the spooler on the XP machine. Never prints. The Win XP machine can see / use the Oki laser without problems. Sure would like to know how you finally solved this?

Thanks...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1947-okidata-laser-printer-finally-installed.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Ok I am at my wit's end. Please can someone help me set up my printer! I have a Samsung ML-2525W wireless laser printer and I'm trying to set it up so that I can print wirelessly from multiple computers at home. I've spent over 2 hours so far without any luck, all the stuff I'm getting from Samsung is no help at all. Please help walk me through this setup! thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-setting-up-wireless-laser-printer.1013924/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all,

Looking for the above at the best price possible (with consideration towards the toner costs too), colour would be nice but isn't essential as I'll probably buy a dedicated photo printer for these - would be REALLY handy if the recommendations included wireless options too...

I've spent what feels like days reading up on these on the Internet, and am even more confused that I was when I began

Thanks for any help

A:Recommendations for a Wireless Laser printer with Duplexing

Okay...

Since nobody has any suggestions, what about one that isn't wireless - would that help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommendations-for-a-wireless-laser-printer-with-duplexing.691542/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Brother HL 2270DW printer in one room of my house. Each of my two Win7 machines, all in different rooms, print to this printer wirelessly with no problems. However, my new Dell One 2020 detects the the printer as a wireless printer but reports something like 'Driver Unavailable' in Settings/Devices. How do I go about making a driver available? I have the latest Brother drivers on my HD but can't seem to figure out how to install them under Win 8. The CD that came with the printer has only very old, out of date drivers.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Installing a Brother Wireless Printer

Control Panel -> Devices and Printers then click on Add a Printerit will search for your wireless printer, if found hi-lite it and click nextIf you see the Brother HL 2270DW printer on the driver list then select it. If not click on Windows UpdatesAfter a while, you'll see a new list of printers, select your printer Brother HL 2270DW

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32188-installing-brother-wireless-printer.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Links Amazon Brother Printer Work Smart MFCJ DW Brother USA Brother MFC-J DW Amazon Brother Printer MFCJ DW Brother USA Brother MFC-J DW Here s what happened My family and I are looking for a new printer and we re tired of being scammed by Differences MFC-J450DW print Brother Brother these MFC-J870DW and ||| between Solved: either cheap pieces of crap that don t last a year or reliable printers with proprietary and or expensive ink replacements We initially set out to find a laser printer and I found a really nice one but it was monochrome I am the only one who was Solved: Brother MFC-J450DW and Brother MFC-J870DW ||| Differences between these print fine with it Everyone else said quot COLOR ONLY quot pretty much unanimously That quickly ruled out laser printers since I found it impossible to find a reliable color laser printer with low operating costs within our measly budget of I m the only tech-minded person in the family and I just can t get anyone on board with the idea of buying a more expensive and reliable product up front for years of savings down the line That puts me in a very tight spot I eventually found these Brother Work Smart All-in-ones and they have some of the highest reviews on Amazon We chose the MFC-J DW over the MFC-J DW simply because it is the quot higher model quot and they re the same price on Amazon However I noticed this morning that they are so similar and we were looking at both of them that I accidentally purchased the MFC-J DW instead We all literally could not care less about the MFC-J DW s touch screen and smartphone NFC printing capabilities Apart from that they both look like they are pretty much the same printer They have the same paper capacity use the same ink both have the scanner and ADF Is there anything that the MFC-J DW has that the MFC-J DW doesn t Should we go through the trouble of exchanging the printers because of any features we missed tl dr - We basically just want to know if the printer we accidentally ordered is in any way inferior to the one we meant to order aside from the touchscreen and NFC printing nbsp

A:Solved: Brother MFC-J450DW and Brother MFC-J870DW ||| Differences between these print

Is this in the wrong forum?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-brother-mfc-j450dw-and-brother-mfc-j870dw-differences-between-these-print.1119861/
Relevancy 73.1%

I am getting a color multifunction wireless laser printer primarily for a soon-to-be university student although I am told submitted coursework is now paperless I am not sure Still I might need one for resumes and job applications One that is the most economical on consumables that is toner spend more on the printer less on the consumables right Color I can do the screen-to-paper color calibration if necessary Multifunction only really need the scanner not so much the copier which can be done by scanning and printing right or the fax st century and all maybe I should get JUST the printer and buy a cheap scanner separately wireless and it's probably not convenient to connect a Cat UTP cable to a wireless router if I am going to have the scanner ought to have the document feeder it's really convenient small footprint and not needing a crane to lift it would be nice too doesn't need its own display after all it Recommendation Laser for Buying Multifunction Color Printer Wireless can be controlled through the desktop laptop speed not a factor

A:Buying Recommendation for Color Multifunction Wireless Laser Printer

Replying to my own post:

I found a Consumer Reports 2013 Buying Guide, and in the section on printers, they said to stay away from color lasers...that they were not ready for prime time.

So I went with a color inkjet.

Stay intellectually curious, my friends.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299040-buying-recommendation-color-multifunction-wireless-laser-printer.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Brother MFP640 printer, which is "wireless capable"?. I ran a cable from the printer to my wireless router. The printer is also hard-wired to the PC next to the router.

The printer works fine from the hard-wired PC, however when I try to send something to print from another PC in the house communicating via the wireless, the printer is always "off-line" and the document never prints.

Each wireless PC sees the printer, recognizes it and installs it; and each can make it print a test page; but they don't see the printer as "on-line" when trying to print from Word, Excel, Notepad, etc.

Is there something I can do in set-up to make this printer work as wireless (without losing the ability to print from the hard-wired pc)? THANKS

A:MFP640 Brother Printer with Wireless Router

according to product specs, it has Built in wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mfp640-brother-printer-with-wireless-router.996275/
Relevancy 73.1%

my wireless brother printer is not printing anything coming from my window 7 computor what is the problem and what do i need to do 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-wireless-brother-printer-is-not-printing-things-from-my/td-p/5830262
Relevancy 72.24%

I had my Brother MFC-490 printer working on my wireless network before. But recently, I upgraded the firmware on my D-Link router, so of course I got a new TKIP/AES key. The key is 64 character long, but the Brother printer only allows me to enter 63 characters. What gives? I do not recall what I did before to get the printer on my wireless network, so on the very unlikely off chance that I can just leave out the last character in the key, I entered the first 63 characters in the Brother's wireless network setup menu. Of course, that did not work. I realize further that my previous TKIP/AES key was also 64 characters. So it is completely baffling how I got the printer to work before. Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:Brother printer wireless setup with d-link router

Use a shorter key. A random key of 32 characters will be more than sufficient to stop anyone except perhaps the CIA or NSA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-printer-wireless-setup-with-d-link-router.949207/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have an HP C5280 printer running wirelessly via a TP Link wireless print server and D Link Di 624 wireless router. I can print successfully from either my desktop (which is connected direct to the D Link router) or either of my laptops (wireless). However, when I select the double-sided print option I get a print error message after re-inserting the odd number pages to print the other side of the paper and then click 'continue'.

Could I resolve this by connecting the printer both direct to the desktop using USB AND leaving it connected via the wireless TP Link print server? This would enable me to print double-sided from my desktop (as I did before when the printer was only connected via the USB desktop port).

A:Print error message when trying to print double sided output on wireless printer

Could I resolve this by connecting the printer both direct to the desktop using USB AND leaving it connected via the wireless TP Link print server? Click to expand...

Probably, unless the USB connection is already used with the print server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-error-message-when-trying-to-print-double-sided-output-on-wireless-printer.1021916/
Relevancy 71.81%

I just recently installed Win7 on a newly built computer for my parents, and HP got me the right drivers for Win7 64 bit and all, but the printer never prints. All the documents just sits in the printer queue of the printer. What could be wrong with it?

Also, I installed a Lexmark Z110 series printer on my desktop, Win7 64bit, got it to be detected and all, but still it doesn't print either. Won't even do a test page or nothing.

A:HP Printer connected and all, but doesn't print.

If Windows 7 drivers were never offcially made for your printer than it won't work correctly despite Windows 7 installing what it thought were the correct drivers. Printer drivers for new Op systems are typically slow to come about.

I can't get my old Dell printer to work either despite that fact that Win7 attempted to install drivers for it. Dell never even made Vista 64 drivers for my printer so Win7 one's will just never happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27842-hp-printer-connected-all-but-doesnt-print.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have two computers connected wirelessly to a router One is a Mac running OSX and one is a PC running Windows Vista The router is an Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station I have a printer connected to the router with a USB connected Cannot print to to printer router cable Both computers can successfully connect to the internet and they both can print to the network printer A third computer is connected to this network a new PC running Cannot print to printer connected to router Windows It can successfully connect to the internet via the router but I cannot print to the network printer Cannot print to printer connected to router The printer driver was installed automatically in the new PC by connecting the printer directly to the PC via USB cable The printer worked fine when it was connected directly But when I reconnected the printer to the router the new PC does not print I have gone to Control Panel Devices and Printers right-clicked the printer selected Printer properties clicked the Sharing tab and made sure that share this printer is checked The printer is set as the default printer I have tried to find a solution in SevenForums and other user groups but no luck Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Cannot print to printer connected to router

When you install a network printer, you can't plug it into the printer via USB and then disconnect it, hoping it will work. Windows will still look for the USB connection - it doesn't know the printer is connected to a router.

Since the printer is connected to an Apple router, hopefully the router instructions will explain how to get the printer sharing to work. I'm sure there's going to be something about creating a tcp/ip port, but I don't know for certain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243517-cannot-print-printer-connected-router.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi Wayne Problems router with Livebox Printer Wireless Brother setting up to here Have recently bought a Brother DCP CW wireless printer Think the printer is great except I m having problems sorting out the wireless connection I have a Livebox router from orange which has a charactor WEP encryption key Have loaded the Brother driver from the CD supplied and followed the directions Have entered the WEP key and from the printer report Problems with setting up Wireless Brother Printer to Livebox router it appears to be recieving a signal and has identified my Livebox router However when I go to complete the installation my computer Problems with setting up Wireless Brother Printer to Livebox router is telling me it cannot find any local wireless devices At this point it asks that you input the IP address or the node name for the device Have done both and even disabled the firewall on the computer As you may have guessed have still not been ble to sort the problem out Even contacted the Brother tech line and completed the process with them They have stated that the IP address that is allocated the printer appears to be wrong have suggested that there maybe a problem with the WEP kep Or maybe I took it down wrong I have double checked Has anyone got any suggestions one of the main reasons I bought the printer was for the wireless function so it s abit annoying that I cannot use it Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there. Recently purchased a Brother 2700cn laser printer. Everything was coming up roses until suddenly it only prints partial images.

Scenario: Printing color photos of artwork for christmas cards. Using American Greetings creatacard 6. Format is two per sheet. Using hammerhill cover sheets 64#. Top of card is graphic bottom is text box.

Problem: When I print the outside of the card the first image on top is cut off. The bottom is fine. Sometimes the text box prints, sometimes not. Was doing fine on the first 3 or 4 cards, then this started.

Ideas, help?

Thanks in advance for any advice
esp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-color-laser-2700cn.297791/
Relevancy 70.95%

This printer has worked really well for many months.

Recently I got a new Sony Vaio laptop, installed the Brother utilities CD and tried to print.

All I get are error messages - nothing prints - and the red light is on all the time.

All the openings are firmly shut and I've carefully looked for a paper jam - can't find one.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 70.09%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 69.23%

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router My home network has two Win PC and two XP all from Dell Few days ago only the Windows computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck I worked several days on this argument doing many attempts I have investigated installation problems so as permissions spooler firewall and antivirus drivers latest available system files corruption or similar problems etc without any good result If I move the printer to Windows computers local USB the printer installs immediately and prints The Router network wont anymore connected printer print network is OK fixed IPs and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W and XP computers I googled every possible discussion so as on Microsoft and Dell forums no success I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why suddenly the W computers are unable to address the printer Its network address is fixed by the router printers Samsung and has Router connected network printer wont print anymore been so for years Thanks for your time

A:Router connected network printer wont print anymore

Quote: Originally Posted by Manlio

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router. My home network has two Win 7 PC and two XP, all from Dell. Few days ago only the Windows 7 computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck. I worked several days on this argument, doing many attempts.
I have investigated installation problems so as permissions, spooler, firewall and antivirus, drivers (latest available), system files corruption or similar problems etc., without any good result.
If I move the printer to Windows 7 computers local USB, the printer installs immediately and prints.
The network is OK (fixed IPs) and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W7 and XP computers.
I googled every possible discussion, so as on Microsoft and Dell forums, no success. I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why, suddenly the W7 computers are unable to address the printer. Its network address is fixed by the router (192.168.1.1:1631/printers/Samsung) and has been so for years.
Thanks for your time

Hi Manlio,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know which printer model is the one you are using over network. Also, let us know the if you are able to printer wirelessly from the XP system.

Check this link below to reset the spooler service which should help you resolve this issue:

Print Spooler Queue - Clear and Reset

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308525-router-connected-network-printer-wont-print-anymore.html
Relevancy 69.23%

When I try to print out something on word, the following error message comes up. I can't print excel spreadsheets or webpages either - different error messages come up or the browser just shuts down. I have tried installing the driver but the last stage of this took a very long time and so i exited . I heard something about a "spooler" on other pages but I don't understand how this works. If anyone knows anything, that would be appreciated. I have gone into control panel too too see if printer is selected as default - actually the default printer is HP Deskjet 300 Series (Copy 2) and this has always worked.

Thanks

A:RE: windows cannot print there is no printer installed

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... So you can not Print from any Applications ? ...

Do you have more than one Printer Installed ... You can check this in Devices and Printers ? ...
Have you any errors in the Devices and Printers ? ....
What is the exact Model Number of your Printer ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365008-re-windows-cannot-print-there-no-printer-installed.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I tried several approaches to enable my laptop to print from my PC Installed printer burt without success. The computers are connected via Wifi and both use Windows 7 operating systems. Any good suggestions?

Thanks,
bagalot

A:Laptop setup to print from PC Installed Printer?

Here is a link with some printer setup info.I do not have w7,but hope this sheds some light on your situation

http://www.pcworld.com/article/184232/set_up_your_home_network_windows_7_edition.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-setup-to-print-from-pc-installed-printer.1018567/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

Hope this is the correct Forum for Printer questions.
Is it ?

Have a 5 yr old Brother printer (HL-2140) which uses a TN-360 ink Cartridge.

A Brother branded "high yield" TN-360 goes for about $ 50. Wow.

I see that Amazon carries several other non Brother, but supposedly compatible
TN-360 cartridges by mfg. names I've never heard of.

Much, much cheaper.
Am willing to try one, but am very uncertain which of the brands to go with.

Anyone have any experience with non Brother labeled "compatible" cartridges ?
Any good ?
Which Brand should I try, perhaps ?

Note: It's almost worth buying a brand new Brother printer instead !

Thought on ?

Thanks,
Bob

A:Brother Printer and Non-Brother Branded Ink Cartridges ?

Hi, again:

You will likely find that the answer to this question falls into 2 major camps:
Only use OEM, branded ink from the printer manufacturer (or a trusted, high-volume, reputable seller), OR
It's perfectly fine to use knockoff, refurb, non-branded
I don't know anything about Brother, as I have been using HP printers/all-in-ones since the days of the printing press.

No matter which brand, in the printer industry, the ink/toner is how the manufacturer makes its money, not on the hardware.

There are many factors in the risk:benefit calculation, such as budget, volume of printing needs, need for optimal performance, etc.

My own personal experience for relatively heavy home/home office use is that it is not worth skimping on the cost of discounted ink/toner.
There can be serious quality issues with the cheap stuff (even branded, refurbished ones).
And there can be quality issues even when buying "new" OEM ink/toner from 3rd-party sites or even brick and mortar big box stores (the items may be legit, but they are stale).
If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is.
HP has a terrific ink/toner program -- 2 or 3 mouse clicks and I have the products on my doorstep 1 or 2 business days later, with free shipping. The price is highly competitive, and the ink/toner is always fresh and high-quality. This works very well for me.

Your mileage may vary, of course....
Cheers, MM
P.S. Did you resolve the other issue reported HERE??? If so, it helps us (and other forum visitors/users) if you would please mark the thread as "Mark as Solved" using the green button. Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/379351-brother-printer-non-brother-branded-ink-cartridges.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I purhcased a brand new epson all in one unit WF 3640, i have set it up successfully on my wireless network with the router but the computer will not allow me to find it in the print queue. Please advise me what to do

A:Help with printer, wont show in print queue, installed drivers over and over again

im running Mac OS 10.9 on my I mac
Printer is Epson WF3640, just CANNOT get it to show up in print queue. Been trying everything I can. Restarted router, printer and computer multiple times.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-printer-wont-show-in-print-queue-installed-drivers-over-and-over-again.1147899/
Relevancy 65.79%

HP Desk jet 6840 printer is not connecting with the printer.
Downloaded driver from HP site, still not printing wireless. I am connected with a Link sys router. I am going nuts trying to make it work.Can anybody help me to get this printer to work with Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600.

Thank you

A:Printer not connected wireless

Quote: Originally Posted by rainman2

HP Desk jet 6840 printer is not connecting with the printer.

Thank you

Um.. what?

Can you explain a little more in detail the setup please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94968-printer-not-connected-wireless.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Friends, this is my first post.
My HP Photosmart 6510 B211a printer is set up correctly -- it prints a 'congratulations' sheet telling me so -- but so far I have failed to persuade it to print for me. It is wireless (no USB cable), so gets its jobs via the router (which is a British Telecom Home Hub 3, for broadband).
How do I tell Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) how to talk to it?! Does the pc need a driver -- I have no message asking me to install one? And if a driver is needed, which one?
I wish to use a software 'printer' (to wit: the admirable FinePrint or PDF Factory) which sends pages to print, informs me that that is what it has done -- but nothing actually prints. Playing around with 'defaults' has so far achieved nothing.
Ideas? Suggestions? Similar experience? I'm all eyes/ears.
Cheers
EGWG (I'm an over-80, not into any 'social networking' .... )

A:wireless HP printer won't print

You must have istalled a disk, that would contain the drivers. Your firewall is probably stopping your pc talking to the printer. I had this on a HP wireless all in one, a few years back, and i think thats down to hp not your firewall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/267192-wireless-hp-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys so I'm having an issue with one of my laptops not being able to print on my wireless network The printer in question is a CANON MX We have computers on the network and six of them print flawlessly We have varying operating systems Windows Xp windows Printer won't Wireless print. and Windows Vista Two of the laptops running windows work flawlessly one does not It is reading the printer on the network but when I try to print a test page or any picture documents it goes to the queue and says quot Printing quot but the printer never prints anything If it's in the queue on this laptop the other laptops don't see the item in the queue but they also cannot print anything because quot Another device is using the printer quot -- removing the item from the queue allows the other devices to print again I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several times turned off all security software and disabled all firewalls and there has been no change I have run windows update completely The hardware device manager indicates that the quot device is working properly quot This is extremely frustrating and I cannot seem to figure it out out of devices work with the printer but my main laptop does not Help please

A:Wireless Printer won't print.

Go to the printer and print out a config page. Take note of the wireless IP address of the printer.
Go to Start/Devices and Printers click Add Printer. Choose Network Printer. Let it scan for your printers IP address. If it can't find it, then add it via the printers IP address. If this doesn't work, then try the following.
Go to Start/Devices and Printers. If the Canon printer is there, right click and Delete it.
Go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. Uninstall any Canon software. Restart the computer. When the computer comes back up, download the latest driver from Canon: http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/con...100477901.html Choose to install with USB. Setup will tell you when to plug in the USB cable, During the install, once the USB cable is plugged in, do the install again this time for Wireless. That should find the printers IP address. Once that is found, then you can remove the USB cable and try to print Wirelessly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-printer-wont-print-967585.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I cannot print wireless to my HP printer from my HP laptop. My printer is connected to a desktop HP PC with a USB cable

Relevancy 64.93%

When I try to print to my HP6940(?) wireless printer from my laptop I get the following message:
"The print spooler was unable to connnect to your printer. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, a cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN."

I recently tried TrendMicro PC Cillin. Just before the printing ceased I had a popup referencing the print spooler I think... I tried to see if I inadvertantly blocked my printer. When I open the HOSTS file in notepad from windows\system32\drivers\etc the file is completely commented out as a sample file???

How can I restore printing?

thanks

A:Cannot Print From Wireless Printer

First do you have any other wireless devices AND can they prin to the printer ?
What OS do you have ?
The hosts file should have every line commented out except for your loopback address of 127.0.0.1
Can you hit the internet with this notebook ?
do you have a firewall ?
youcould try recapturing the printer, by going to printers and faxes in control panel, then add a new printer.
Is the little wireless icon lit up on the printer ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-print-from-wireless-printer.485755/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi i am interested in buying a wireless printer and i was wondering if i need to have a computer connected to it at all times to run it correctly,

I have got a laptop and i just want to wireless print from it,

Could i set up the wireless printer in a room without connecting it to anything and thenprint from my laptop in another room?

Will it work?

Regards Paul

A:Can i use a wireless printer without having a computer connected?

Hi, it does work for me without a computer on. The printer connects to the router not the pc

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/115432-can-i-use-wireless-printer-without-having-computer-connected.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I just installed a new wireless router and my printer will not print. I assume my printer cable should be routed thru the wireless router and not the modem? It was thru modem before as I had no router installed. Printer is hard wired, not wireless.

Relevancy 64.5%

I have long printed from my laptop to my printer - wirelessly. Some time ago, my wireless router went down and I had to reconfigure to print via USB for awhile. Since the wireless has been back up, I can't print from my laptop. My daughter prints wirelessly from her laptop. My husband prints via USB. I've done my best to make sure my settings are right, but nothing works! One thing - when I got the new router, it couldn't handle my network name the way it had been before, so I changed it. Perhaps that messed something up - but I sure don't know how to know, nor how to fix it. Any ideas out there?!

Relevancy 64.5%

I am trying to get my HP Photosmart Premium Print-Scan-Copy all in one Printer C A to print from my Compac Presario CQ - WM Notebook PC nbsp Now my problem was to begin with was that the regular download of a driver will not work on this from Laptop printer to print wireless my get my Can't combination due to the computer having the AMD Dual Core C- Processor without a patch which was also downloaded nbsp This worked fine for about days but now it has stopped printing from computer nbsp I am running the Windows bit system nbsp The printer prints just fine from a memory card or from the scanner but if I try to print from anything on the computer such as texts or pictures it will not do anything nbsp It is my default printer and everything I try to print goes to the printer que but it will not print and when I check the printer in my control panel it is checked that it needs troubleshooting nbsp I am at the end of my knowledge and ability to correct this problem nbsp HELP Solved View Solution

A:Can't get my wireless printer to print from my Laptop

Turn everything offunplug the printerturn the pc onuninstall the printer (drivers)re-start the pcreinstall the drivers (printer) May sure you downloaded the right drivers FROM the HP official site.run a test. I hope it helps-- I have a driver from HP if you want to try it, leave your email

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-t-get-my-wireless-printer-to-print-from-my-Laptop/td-p/981341
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys, been banging my head on the wall about this issue.

I recently purchased an Epson XP-205 Wi-Fi printer, and I set it up on my network and installed the drivers to my laptop, initially I could print over the network, but since a restart I can't. I have tried an uninstall and reinstall of the printer, but to no avail and if it matters, I'm running W7 64-bit.

I've ensured the printing programs are part of my firewall exclusion rules, and I can access the printers set up page via 192.168.1.3, also as expected, the printer is "pingable". On top of this my Android tablet is able to send things to the printer, so I'm sure it is an issue with my laptop.

I'm tech minded, so feel free to rabble on, I'll understand.

A:Laptop can't print to wireless printer

I assume that there is now a printer icon in your Notification Area showing the print queue of files you've tried to print. Examine the settings in that to make sure the printer is not in a "use offline" mode.

In Devices and Printers right click on the printer - Printer properties (that's not the Properties choice at the bottom) - General tab - Print Test Page. What happens?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-print-to-wireless-printer.1083452/
Relevancy 64.5%

Have a Canon MG6120 wireless multifunction printer. I rarely print anything from my laptop, but wanted to do that today. What I get is an error message that the printer is offline -- which it isn't; it's on. I tried going thru the setup on the printer, re-entering the SSID, and it said it was connected. Still same error that it's offline.

About a month ago, I did change the name of my router, but it never cause a problem with printing from my desktop, which I can still do. It's just the laptop that gets the "offline" error.

What do I need to do to make the laptop recognize that the printer is on?

A:Solved: Can't print to wireless printer

Never mind. I went thru the "Easy-Setup" on the printer a second time, and it was the charm. I have no idea why it worked the 2nd time and not the first, because after the 1st time, it said "Printer connected", or words to that effect, but when I tried to print, it still said the printer was offline. Oh, the vagaries of modern technology!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-print-to-wireless-printer.1070428/
Relevancy 64.07%

I recently switched to xp on my laptop from vista. I was able to use my printer fine on Vista, i added it to my computer's printers by inputing it's network address (192.168.1.100). Now that i have Xp things are different. I am connected to my Wireless network and i have no idea how to setup my printer over the network. Also how do i view the other devices connected to my network? Some please help?

A:How do i set up and use my printer connected to a wireless router on windows xp?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-set-up-and-use-my-printer-connected-to-a-wireless-router-on-windows-xp.841616/
Relevancy 63.64%

Recently got an HP Officejet Pro printer which is wireless enabled From my ThinkPad E Firefox will not print to it It appears to send the page off to the printer The print queue appears but there are no documents It makes no difference what I'm printing - Firefo... - from to Can't print wireless E545 printer an email a page from a newspaper newsclip or a product description from a retailer No error messages are produced nbsp I can print just fine from other browsers - Microsoft IE or Microsoft Edge I can print fine from locally installed apps like MS Office nbsp Am running a Thinkpad E with Windows installed Windows is current on all updates I've run a full Lenovo hardware scan diagnostic and the laptop came up clean I've checked Lenovo support and no similar problems have been reported either by users or support team nbsp Have installed all HP drivers for new printer Am running current version of Firefox nbsp I can print to the wireless printer from Firefox running on a Surface Pro with Windows So it's possible that the problem may be specific to ThinkPads I would really appreciate some help E545 - Can't print to wireless printer from Firefo... here Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E545-Can-t-print-to-wireless-printer-from-Firefox/td-p/3481450
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi All

I am having problems printing from a wireless laptop.

I have a desktop PC which is connected to an HP Photosmart 1000 printer and is running Window XP SP2

My desktop has a USB Wireless dongle to enable connection to my wifes wireless laptop also running Windows XP SP2.

I have set up the file and printer sharing and can access the folders I have permitted access to.

I have enabled the printer sharing.

On the laptop I can add the printer via the network printer option and the laptop can see the desktop printer.

The only problem is when I try to print the printer fails to print anything.

I am able to print from the desktop but that is all.

Has anyone else had this problem?? or can anyone help sole this issue

Many Thanks

Relevancy 63.64%

Can I still print to the wireless printer if I disconnect the Homegroup?

I do not wish to share files and see no point in joining a Homegroup.

Would removing the Homegroup cause internet connection problems?

Please advise. Thanks.

A:Can I Still Print to Wireless Printer if I Disconnect The Homegroup?

Sure, you could still share it.

To print to it from a computer you would simply open up the "Devices and Printers" page in explorer, click "Add a Printer" then the network/Bluetooth printer option. It may take a few seconds for your computer to discover your printer on the network but it should be there.

Alternatively, you could add the printer by clicking the "my printer isn't listed" button and entering the DNS name or IP address of the printer if it has a static IP. Or you could open up the "Network" page of explorer and install it from there. As you can see, you have options outside of Homegroup, albeit they may involve a few more steps.

Best of luck, be sure to post back your success or if you need additional help

And no, the homegroup has nothing to do with internet access

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256359-can-i-still-print-wireless-printer-if-i-disconnect-homegroup.html
Relevancy 63.64%

This is a 3-computer network using windows xp home
everything was fine until today when I wanted to print from the Toshiba laptop to the network printer, which is wireless through a router, & has been going great for a over a year. All of a sudden, today, it does not hook up to print and this error message is displayed:

Print Server
Error initializing output device

I have never seen that and have no clue what it is talking about, (thank you Bill Gates).
If you look in the printers, the correct printer says ready and there are no documents in the queue.

The printer works fine and the other computers can print to it.

Rebooting the computer and rebooting the router don't help.

Thanks a lot for any help you can offer. Estatelawyer

A:Help: can't print to network printer from wireless laptop

My guess would be corrupt printer driver. I would download the printer drivers, remove the printer and when you re-install it, point to the new downloaded drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-print-to-network-printer-from-wireless-laptop.685484/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all Please pardon if this has printer server print w/ wireless help installing already been addressed I tried to find threads that answered my question but was not too successful I am trying to set up my husband s office so his laptop can print wirelessly to his printer via a print server Right now each time he wants to print he attaches the printer help installing printer w/ wireless print server via the usb cable This works ok but is kind of a pain since the cable has to run across the room Also each time he unplugs and plugs his laptop reinstalls the printer giving him countless copies of the same printer in the printer folder Another issue I ve never bothered to fix So I ve got the print server which also happens to be a router hooked up to the printer and the laptop with built-in wireless detected the router server and connected to it like a network without any problems I thought all I d have to do was go to add printer detect it through the server and install it But though the computer is connected wirelessely to the server it doesn t see the printer Was I totally crazy when I thought the print server would allow printing without the printer being connected to a PC Can you actually just plug a printer into a wireless server and then print from your computer Or perhaps because this is also a router it must be attached to a computer Any help with this would be greatly appreciated If you can explain how to do it I m sure I d be able to do it the laptop is a Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP the router server is a US Robotics MAXG model USR Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU U4100 @ 1.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3998 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1807 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 292854 MB, Free - 205060 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Base Board Product Name
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

I had a new wireless DSL router installed on the network. The router recognizes both the laptop and printer and I can print documents from the laptop fine. I cannot print an accessed webpage from any browser (Firefox, Chrome or IE). Anybody have a fix?

A:Can’t print web pages on wireless printer.

I cannot print an accessed webpage from any browser (Firefox, Chrome or IE).Click to expand...

How about telling us why not? Because the printer is not available in each browser's list of printers? Because you get an error message? Because the job just sits in the printer queue? ...?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can%C2%92t-print-web-pages-on-wireless-printer.1090755/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey there I've once again encountered this print can in Wireless Windows not but printer 8.1 scan problem with my Canon PIXMA MP printer scanner when using it wirelessly it can't print According to 'Devices And Printers' it's offline and therefore most programs I use in Windows claim it can't print However using Canon's program 'MP Navigator' it can scan from the printer without any problems I can scan from the computer to the printer and the other way around Therefore I'm suspecting that the problems lies with Windows and not the printer The connection is obviously there but Windows doesn't seem to think so Last time I reinstalled everything but there must be an easier way to fix this problem I can't find the exact same problem anywhere else online I can't find a solution in the printer's manual Windows doesn't give me anything when I try to troubleshoot the printer in question and Canon's own 'Network IJ Tool' can find the printer but says it's doesn't work without clarifying why

A:Wireless printer can scan but not print in Windows 8.1

Hey mate, have you checked online to see if the manufacturer has a newer driver version on their website? Specifically a Win8.1 driver. Also, right click the printer and click troubleshoot problems to see if that helps any.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45176-wireless-printer-can-scan-but-not-print-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

How do I get old bespoke dos industrial control progammes currently printing to LPT parallel port on XP3 computer/printer to print to a new wireless printer.
olddos

A:How di I get DOS bespoke programmes to print to wireless printer

There are methods to create a special printer port for older dos programs.

give this a shot as it's from Microsoft on printing

How to print to a network printer from an MS-DOS-based program in Windows XP

Rich

PS: Google is your friend

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321450-how-di-i-get-dos-bespoke-programmes-print-wireless-printer.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I want to know if the ability to print from anywhere in the world to a printer. My initial setup i was thinking of was this:

The laptop pulls up the IP address of a wireless print server which is connected to a wireless router (where it gets its internet from). The person using the wireless laptop gets the IP address of the print server, some how configures the computer to print to THAT IP address, and the paper should come out of the printer. Correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. it would be nice if i could be told how much this will cost.

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Canon Pixima MP560 that works fine on our laptop that runs Windows 7, but I cannot get the new laptop with Windows 8 to print.

When I access the Control Panel in Windows 8, it shows the printer with a green check that everything is OK, but when I tried to print, it said the printer was offline.

I went to the Canon website, and reinstalled the drivers. It looked like it was connecting, but then the error message indicated, ""printer is in an error state."

I went to the MS website, and ran their printer troubleshooter link. It said the problem was fixed. Now, the error message just says, "Printer is not responding." During this entire process, the printer is still connecting and responding just fine to another laptop that is running Windows 7.

Can you help me fix this?

Thanks!

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello guys its been a while I Wireless not scan) printer not (can print but connecting am having a issues with my wireless printer HP photosmart I have it connected to my wireless network however when I try to use HP software to scan something it Wireless printer not connecting (can print but not scan) says it cant find any connected scanner Wireless printer not connecting (can print but not scan) I've uninstalled and reinstalled the HP software downloaded directly from HP website When trying to scan directly from the scanner and send it to my computer or email Wireless printer not connecting (can print but not scan) it it says it cant connect to the internet and to make sure there is one despite having redoing the wireless setup and successfully connecting to the network seconds before Not sure why this is happening It was working before I have a D Link router DIR L and using windows I called D Link they said there is no specific setting for allowing or not allowing printers to fxn When logged into the my routers setting page I can see the printer being connected Feel like using a wired option is giving up lol Any thoughts on how to fix this Please advise thanks

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/wireless-printer-not-connecting-can-print-but-not-scan-278401/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help a friend with one of those infamous printer problems. She has an HP C4385 all-in-one photosmart wireless printer and a Dell Inspiron with Win XP. Couple weeks ago she had a paper jam, removed the paper, cleared the error and since then, it won't print. It copies fine, just no printing. I have rebooted the system, deleted and added the printer and nothing happens. She doesn't have the original driver disk. Can anyone offer me any suggestions?

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

My computer is working fine - but I recently purchased a new Samsung ML2570 laser printer that just died when the starter cartridge ran out of toner (or actually when the printer counter hit its predetermined set no. - probably 1000). At least I think that's what happened. The starter cartridges come without fuses. Replacement cartridges or toner refill kits come with fuses that are supposed to reset the counters, so when I refilled the starter cartridge and inserted the fuse that came with the kit, the printer still didn't work. I tried again with two more fuses, with no luck. I don't have a printer jam and all the doors are well-latched before I turn it on. Does anyone have any idea what I should do next to get my printer working again? My email is [email protected]

Regards, and thanks for any help,

Marie

A:New Samsung Laser Printer Starter Cartridge Won't Reset Printer When Toner Refilled

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-samsung-laser-printer-starter-cartridge-wont-reset-printer-when-toner-refilled.611888/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am one of 3 laptops connected to a wireless printer (Brother MFC-9120CN all-in-one). The printer was working fine and now all of a sudden it wont print. The printer icon shows print error. My Laptop is an Asus N10J series with OS - Windows XP home.

My email & internet connection works fine, only printer has stopped printing.

Have checked Windows firewall and it's switched to Off, have set printer to 'share' mode in printer preferences & tried adding new printer on the add tab and still unable to print.

Prior to print problem occurring, I had several auto windows updates auto installing & had a problem with laptop keyboard keys printing numbers instead of letters, which I managed to fix.

Any suggestions on how to fix the printer would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-printer-wont-print-from-my-laptop.1014444/
Relevancy 62.78%

My printer keeps saying it's offline, I've went through everything I should & I can't find out why.My computer is a all in one Acer.

A:How do I get my wireless cannon printer back on line & print

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answe...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-get-my-wireless-cannon-printer-back-on-line-print/1566.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I got a new NetGear N300 router. Every since I got it my HP Photosmart 3310 All-in-One Printer won't print files from my laptop or anything on the internet. The HP support line couldn't help me. I keep getting a print spooler error and says either printer is off (not true), cable unplugged (is wireless) or being connected to VPN. The items I try to print are stuck in the print que.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bought-new-netgear-router-and-now-hp-wireless-printer-wont-print.962711/
Relevancy 62.78%

Suddenly a configuration that was working stopped functioning I cannot print to my wireless printer I only have one Windows laptop this is a home setup and it has been working fine for years A few things happened at the same time one of which must have messed me up I had a bad virus My then virus checker did not catch it so working with Norton we removed the problems and I now subscribe to their Internet Security service I have spent days and days on this with the following results With the original printer the cannot until now Suddenly to worked printer - wireless print fine job would make it to the queue but just never print I recycled the router and modem hopeing it Suddenly cannot print to wireless printer - worked fine until now was a network issue no change Thinking it was the printer since it was old I got a new printer but it cannot be added I cannot add a new printer either from my home or from someone else's home so it's not my network The printer has a valid IP address and seems to see the network I have no Internet problems on the PC I can slave up and print fine via USB If I disable Norton Firewall and Internet Security I still cannot print remotely so it's not Norton I added a new port as described in another article on this forum and I still cannot print The jobs get into the queues since I can go through the Control Panel and see them all lined up but they have no status It seems as though something went bad on my PC Any ideas Suddenly cannot print to wireless printer - worked fine until now on how I might be able to diagnose and fix this so I don't need to completely wipe the laptop out and reset to factory defaults Any help is REALLY appreciated as I've spent way too many frustrating hours on this Thanks

A:Suddenly cannot print to wireless printer - worked fine until now

Quote: Originally Posted by lbucc

Suddenly, a configuration that was working stopped functioning. I cannot print to my wireless printer. I only have one Windows 7 laptop (this is a home setup) and it has been working fine for years. A few things happened at the same time, one of which must have messed me up. I had a bad virus. My then virus checker did not catch it, so working with Norton, we removed the problems and I now subscribe to their Internet Security service. I have spent days and days on this with the following results:

With the original printer, the job would make it to the queue but just never print
I recycled the router and modem, hopeing it was a network issue; no change
Thinking it was the printer, since it was old, I got a new printer but it cannot be added
I cannot add a new printer either from my home or from someone else's home, so it's not my network
The printer has a valid IP address and seems to see the network
I have no Internet problems on the PC
I can slave up and print fine via USB
If I disable Norton Firewall and Internet Security I still cannot print remotely, so it's not Norton
I added a new port as described in another article on this forum, and I still cannot print
The jobs get into the queues, since I can go through the Control Panel and see them all lined up, but they have no status

It seems as though something went bad on my PC. Any ideas on how I might be able to diagnose and fix this so I don't need to completely wipe the laptop out and reset to factory defaults? Any help is REALLY appreciated as I've spent way too many frustrating hours on this. Thanks!

Hi lbucc,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you tried removing the the complete printer driver and install again. Kindly try to configure the printer using software/driver provided by the manufacturer.

You can also try disabling the security on the router as printers are not compatible with WEP or WPA security.

Also, check spooler service is running on the system properly. Please try the same and let us know if it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289142-suddenly-cannot-print-wireless-printer-worked-fine-until-now.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have an Office Jet Pro 8500 wireless Printer with a color cartridge
that is low or almost empty. I what to print in black and white (not Color).

Is there a way to print in black/white on my Office Jet Pro 8500 wireless Printer
without refilling that cartridge?

I set the driver to grayscale but that did not work. The printer tells me that
the color cartridge is empty and does not print. Is a way to override
and allow the printer to print in black and white?

Thank you,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-black-wht-on-an-office-jet-pro-8500-wireless-printer.1170633/
Relevancy 62.78%

We recently moved to another location in the same city, but when I went to try to print from my Gateway Laptop on the Kodak 7250 printer, it says that the printer is disconnected. I have restarted the computer, turned the printer off waited and then turned it back on and have turned off the router and then turned it back on. In the printer tools section of the printer info, it lists the printer but then says disconnected beside it. I don't know what to do to fix this and I have tried a few things that were listed on the internet such as downloading new firmware for the printer but I don't know how to do that for the Cox Cable Router which was a suggestion.

A:Kodak 7250 won't print from wireless, says printer disconnected,

have you reset the kodak up on the new network - how is the kodak setup - fixed IP or to use DHCP
have a look at the network settings for the printer

and then on a PC post back here an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kodak-7250-wont-print-from-wireless-says-printer-disconnected.1068049/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi to all at Techguy This problem has been unsolvable for weeks I have tried all manner or things but basically here is the problem Im running XP SP I have also a Laptop Win Asus I have Printers one old HP Laserjet which works fine on Laptop and Office Computer The Old Lasejet also works fine on the Office machine I have a NEW HP LaserJet P That works fine from the Laptop but as I say NOT from the office Machine It is connected by USB Not a WiFi model So It wont install from the Embedded Software print HP will not Laser in the Printer ie Plug in and up HP Laser will not print pops an Install program It runs it does a few things and then it starts to install HP Laser will not print Drivers and a popup comes on saying This printer cannot be installed quot Section needed not found in INF quot Meaning I assume that HP left something out or the INF File is incorrect No worries I Install using ADD Printer All goes well I point the installer to the CD Autorun Inf and away it goes Printer is installed and appears in the Printer and Fax box But it wont print I have checked the USB port assigned is USB Virtual Printer Port This is the same Port I use for the other Laser jet L and that works fine so the Port is ok the cables are all ok NEW and i have swapped them around to check I have downloaded the latest drivers and updates and firmware for this printer HP P and tried that but it didnt work either I went thru REGEDIT and deleted ALL references to this printer and re installed the drivers AGAIN using the same as above I have un installed and re installed at least times it doesnt make any difference This printer DID work ok on the computer but for some reason decided it would stop working I have worn myself out trying to fix this does anyone PLEASE have any ideas GazinBali nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Apologies if I am can scan Wireless not 305w print Dell wirelessly but printer in the wrong forum for this question and if I am could somebody direct me to the right one This question is Dell 305w Wireless printer can print but not scan wirelessly two-fold and I'm hoping that somebody has experienced this problem before and knows exactly how to rectify it If anyone can solve this for me or tell me where I am going wrong I will bow before them and owe a great deal of gratitude for their knowledge I have tried everything to get this to work My operating system is Windows Professional -bit I recently bought a new laptop not a Dell and so wanted to link this up and synchronize it with my Dell w all in one Wireless printer so it prints and scans wirelessly I put in the CD that came with the printer and I downloaded the most recent driver or so I thought Anyway after all that was done it prints wirelessly no problem The trouble came when I wanted to scan a document from the Dell Imaging Toolbox On my old laptop that is a Dell and my daughter's laptop that is a Samsung this works wirelessly no problem at all from the Dell Imaging Toolbox On this new laptop it doesn't scan wirelessly although it does print wirelessly Every time I tried first a message came up giving me a choice of two printers to use yet only one is showing in Devices and Printers in the control panel So I chose one This message never came up before on my other laptop and I never had a choice After choosing one I then chose 'scan' and then 'start' from the Dell Imaging Toolbox This then brought up another message that was titled 'Network Scan ' 'For best results when scanning over the network - Save all your work - Close Dell Imaging Toolbox - Press the Scan button on your printer's operator panel I need to have it working wirelessly from a remote spot as it did with my previous laptop because I am disabled Can anybody tell me how to rectify this scenario What am I doing that is stopping this from scanning wirelessly On top of that also related to the printer every time I boot up the laptop a message appears saying 'Microsoft NET Framework Version is required to continue This software is available for free at - Microsoft website address ' I've gone to the website and downloaded this twice but the error message still keeps coming up every time I boot It would be wonderful if anyone could solve this puzzle for me because I have been trying to solve it myself for ages now Firstly how can I get this computer to scan wirelessly Are there some settings I need to adjust Secondly how do I stop that message coming up every time I boot the computer Thank you HB

A:Dell 305w Wireless printer can print but not scan wirelessly

It may be best to post on the Dell forum (printer section) as there are people there that are familiar with Dell printers and applications.

Printers Forum - Printers Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269146-dell-305w-wireless-printer-can-print-but-not-scan-wirelessly.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am on a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.5.8. I have a Time Capsule which I use as a backup device and router. I also have a Samsung wireless printer model 3175FW. I used to have it working but one day it just stopped. I have tried recycling, changing the order of input but all to no avail. I had to reinstall my network to the cable modem and have reinstalled my printer software as well but now the printer reports it is not available yet when setting up the wireless it see the SSID and I have programmed the network name into the printer. Now I don't know what to do so any expertise would be more than welcome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-wireless-printer-not-available-to-print-via-time-capsule-and-airport.1095103/
Relevancy 61.92%

I use Word 2003 that will print just fine on a standard 8.5x11 sheet.

I need to print some labels and bring up the labels sheet for Avery 8160 through Tools/letters and mailings/labels..

I get the blank page with the lines showing the individual labels and type what I need in them.

When I go to print, I hit print and I paper led goes red, on the printer.

I haven't even put the label sheet in I wanted to print a regular sheet to check alignment.

Laser is a Brother 2140.

Anybody know why it doesn't like to print this? Could it be out of print range?

I have seen many people print a 8.5x11 label page through a laser before.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laser-wont-print-word-doc.781562/
Relevancy 61.92%

Greets,

I have an aging Brother HL-1450 which probably needs a new drum (if that will solve the dirt problem), but a new drum + new toner exceeds the price of most new lasers out there (yes, I know that those come with a starter toner, but the issue is the $117 drum).

The HL-1450 draws about 350 Watts when it prints, and that is a decent power draw (lights dim). Most of the new brothers want double that (including the currently on-sale HL-5240).

I am not married to Brother here ... can someone recommend a decent B&W laser printer which does not draw 600-1000W to print?

Thanks!

A:Recommend a B&W Laser which does NOT need 600+W to Print

Lots of chioces... Here's one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828104624

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-b-w-laser-which-does-not-need-600-w-to-print.118937/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an old laser (cma-90) that needs coreldraw V12 to print to.
The current laptop is working correctly but is old and breaks often.
So I got a new Lenovo laptop and installed coreldraw V12. All went well
until I tried printing to the laser, the print window comes up but when you push print
a power and speed window should come up but it does, it just returns to coreldraw main window.
The process that needs to run is cordraw_dirout put does not, the print window does not excute cordraw_dirout.exe

Any idea's

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/coreldraw-v12-wont-print-to-my-laser.1099516/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've just installed a wireless Belkin Print Server and having several problems. There are 3 computers, 2 on Windows 2000 and a lap top on XP. At first 2 of the printers could print fine. Then I downloaded the printdrivers for the HP 6110 on to the 3rd machine. Since then the drivers have been deleted from the other 2 computers - and the download version doesn't work. So now none of the computers can print.

I can reinstall the drivers - but what is to stop this happpening all over again?

The network is wireless (netgear) using BT Broadband. Can any one suggest what I can do to retsore the printer - incidentally after the pc drivers disappeared I checked the lap top and it was fine until it was switched on - it worked once then went teh same way as the others...Can anyone help?

A:Wireless Belkin print server appears to be disabling all the printer drivers

Belkin

Hi,

I was wondering if you have managed to sort your problem out, as I am suffering from excatly the same issue. The help desk of Belkin was not use, as t hey suggested that I go and buy another printer!!

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-belkin-print-server-appears-to-be-disabling-all-the-printer-drivers.18234/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all

I am having trouble connecting my verizon fios, dell 964 printer and my linksys wireless printer server. When I had comcast service it worked with moderate setup help from a computer technician. Now that I have changed to verizon, I can't seem to get it to work. Linksys will set me up with a third party for over $100 who specializes in multi systems... dell, verizion and linksys... and Verizon will do the same for the same amount of money. I have already paid a second compter technician to come in and set it up and he tells me that it can't be done and that verizon knows that there is a problem. I paid him over $170...Needless to say I'm looking to not spend another dime on this issue or I'll switch back to comcast.

D

A:Having trouble connecting fios with dell printer and wireless print server

You probably need to remove the previous wireless settings from the printer and run the set up program again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-connecting-fios-with-dell-printer-and-wireless-print-server.144156/
Relevancy 61.49%

I keep getting error messages that printer wont connect and also this message in picture.
I dont know alot about computer and been trying to print for over 3 hrs now
I have windows 7 PC and a laptop

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you

A:New Wireless printer Cannon Pixma MG3220 wont print / connect

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Follow the Instructions in the Link below ....
http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets...MG3220_win.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373986-new-wireless-printer-cannon-pixma-mg3220-wont-print-connect.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, is this printer a good printer. i.e. I heard that after your toner runs out on some of these new laser printers, U have to replace more than juat a toner.

thks

Relevancy 61.06%

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit version and the install of the Brother DCP 7065DN is causing me grief.

The copy and scan functions are operable, but not the printer function.

I am logged in as Administrator in Vista.

Printing a test page returns an "access is denied" message.

So I try to open as administrator and trying the Print test page, returns message "Printer not installed"

I have tried the XP compatibility mode as well as XP and Win7 printer drivers but no success.

I have had no problem installed the printer on another hard drive with Win 7

Brother says my Vista is corrupted and contact support.microsoft.com . How nice, Doing a web search, it seems that Brother definitely has compatibility issues with Vista judging on all the posts. Unfortunately I see few solutions.

Any takers out there?

Relevancy 61.06%

Thank s to Broni I will not HP not "Printer Officejet is.." print installed/services that Windows needs just shook a nasty Trojan virus However now that s all taken care of -the printer is not working The printer is a HP Officejet J All-in-One It prints scans and is a fax machine When I go on Microsoft Word and type in quot testing quot on a document and hit print the printer will print my sheet out no problems However if I try to print a picture or pdf file this HP Officejet will not print "Printer not installed/services that Windows needs is.." error message pops up For Pictures Print Picutures Error quot This picture can t be printed because no printer is installed or a service that Windows needs is not running quot --- Ok quot Click to expand For Pdf files Adobe Reader quot Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document you need to install a printer quot -- Ok quot Click to expand I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer s hardware Made sure the printer s spooler is working that was an issue once a couple months ago Set the printer as the quot Default quot and made sure everything is plugged in correctly Like I said it will print perfectly fine if I go on Microsoft Word gt Edit gt Print gt Print and when it brings up the screen with all your print options I have to go up and select the printer name in the drop down box So my guess is that the other programs are not picking up on the printer by themselves because on Microsoft Word I have to manually select it Any ideas on how to fix this Any input would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:HP Officejet will not print "Printer not installed/services that Windows needs is.."

uninstall the printer; reboot and then reinstall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-officejet-will-not-print-printer-not-installed-services-that-windows-needs-is.176927/
Relevancy 61.06%

communication between my acer travelmate 8202 (windows xp) and brother mfc 7420 multi-function (usb connected) appears to have broken down with regard to printing - no response from printer whether i use print icon or file, print.

problem applies to printing from any program

no error messages or similar appear on computer or printer display; all seems normal and dox to be printed line up in printer que

connection between pc and multi-function otherwise ok, for ex no problem with scanning from pc.

is this a printer driver-problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-wont-print.624535/
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently bought a new printer because the old one would not print. Now the new one will not either it has to be the machine. Possible malware issues. Should I run a HTJ and a Combo Fix then try reinstalling.?

A:Newly installed lexmark printer wont print. I think we have a malware issue that wont let it install.

Before you installed the second printer, did you totally uninstall the first?If this is a USB printer, did you install the software first before plugging in and turning the printer on?We can run a quick scan to double check---------------The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221314/newly-installed-lexmark-printer-wont-print-i-think-we-have-a-malware-issue-that-wont-let-it-install/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a MFC6800 connected to a Win XP home machine (not 64 bit).
I am trying to access the printer with a Win Vista 64 bit machine via a network.

I've tried suggestions found in other posts:

Installed the Brother to the Vista machine, then moved it to the networked XP PC and tried to point the Vista dialog to installed Brother drivers on the Vista box. But the Vista machine cant find the .INF file (I tried C:\Windows\, C:\Windows\System32, C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and a few others & where the other brother drivers are. No luck. What .INF file does it want?

I also tried to add a port to the XP installed printer (in my case \\OFFICE\BrotherM), but Vista won't let me add the backslash.

Any ideas?

all the drivers mentioned on the mfc6800 FAQ for win vista 64 (e.g., brold-Vista-0100 files); also the drivers in YL4FBxp.exe. Tried to install on either / both machines.

A:Brother MFC-6800 connected to XP PC

Hi mcrabbe

Welcome to the forums.

I went to the brother website but did not see any vista drivers available. Vista is prompting for the .INF file because it needs a Vista version of the driver. Looks like brother does not make it yet.

Here is where I started my search: http://www.brother.com/E-ftp/info/index.html

Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/174154-brother-mfc-6800-connected-xp-pc.html
Relevancy 60.63%

We have now tried two different color laser printers on our peer to peer network (Small office).

Word Perfect seems to be the problem.

Can print in other apps (Word, webpage, Etc) to this printer but not in Word Perfect .

Word Perfect hangs up and does not print. Word Perfect will print to other printers but not to Color Laser.

Word Perfect support was no help.

Anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-perfect-12-will-not-print-to-color-laser.857697/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I have a printer (HP J6480) connected to 2 desktops and one laptop. One of the desktops and the laptop are wireless connections. Everything worked fine in Win XP, but since upgrading to Windows 7 Home Premium, the desktop with the wireless connection (HP Touchsmart) seems to randomly lose the printer. It disappears out of the printers and devices list...just the fax option is still listed, not the printer. Seems to happen most often after an automatic Windows update.
Reinstalling works..but only for awhile, and then it disappears again upon a future bootup (but not always). Other two computers with Win7 don't have this issue). When the printer is listed, it works fine. This is very frustrating...can anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-printer-keeps-disapperaing-from-installed-printers-since-windows-7-loaded.920479/
Relevancy 60.2%

hello dear sir I have the problem with my printers in my office the printers are HP laser jet and my problems is nbsp After I print a document printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer whenI push ctrl p nbsp to printer I does white down not , print print or service I and printer the power until After a stop papers stop printing document print After I print a document , printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer some files like shockwave shd appears in this address quot c windows system spooler printers quot and these files never vanished unless i stop the print spooler I know that nbsp nbsp The following briefly describes the purpose of SPL SHD and TMP files SPL files are the actual spool print job files TMP files are usually associated with LPR print jobs SHD files provide information about which printer the print job was sent to and from whom the print job came An SHD file is a quot shadow quot file that keeps track After I print a document , printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer of what logical printer a same number xxxxx spl file goes to It also contains the file's order in the queue the user who sent the file to the printer and other information These files are usually deleted unless the logical printer settings state otherwise but these files nbsp never vanished and untils these file were removed manually printer cant print at all please help me

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d7fe83f4-0a43-4fa4-b01b-adb78bcaa910/after-i-print-a-document-printer-does-not-stop-and-printing-white-papers-until-i-stop-print?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 60.2%

I am trying to help a friend Installed on to it won't machine now printer print W7 XP machine, network get her new Win- machine set up I used the printer set-up wizard to install a networked printer in the new machine with absolutely no problem Proved it would print from that machine Now I get a call informing me that her old XP machine which had been printing to the network printer with no problems will no longer print Documents go into the print queue but they don t get printed No error messages show up I did some Installed network printer on W7 machine, now XP machine won't print to it messing around via remote access and finally removed the printer with the intention of reinstalling it Scanning for network printers turned up several redundant instances of the same printer with Installed network printer on W7 machine, now XP machine won't print to it different names Some are identified as quot invalid quot some a quot access denied quot Bottom line I can t get any of the selections to install On the Win- machine I did find a window that indicated that the printer is designated as being shared but I didn t explicitly set it for sharing when I installed it Also I somehow got to a window that told me that for printers that were to be shared with other versions of windows I could optionally install drivers to support such machines Didn t have the driver disk handy and took the window down Now I can t even find it again I need some help in sorting this all out Part of the problem is that out there in quot network land quot there are redundant remnants of previous installations that are being remembered inappropriately I d really like to clean up all that trash but don t know how to get rid of it nbsp

A:Installed network printer on W7 machine, now XP machine won't print to it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-network-printer-on-w7-machine-now-xp-machine-wont-print-to-it.1008368/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently bought printers in a local store One is an HP Photosmart C All-in-One The other is an HP Color LaserJet CM MFP The C inkjet ink has six ink tanks scanner copier fax wired wireless networking document feeder memory card slots and a preview screen The CM MFP laser toner has toner cartridges and scanner copier but none of the other features listed for the C I originally went in to buy the C because my parents use this model and it is a very nice printer and was very much on sale at the time I costs per vs print and page Laser quality InkJet: went back later to buy the laser because after looking it up online I found that their price on this was very low and I didn t want to miss the bargain The laser was actually less than the inkjet Now I need to decide which to keep At college I will not be using the networking or fax features but will be Laser vs InkJet: costs per page and print quality in the next year or two as I will be in an apartment soon I could use the document Laser vs InkJet: costs per page and print quality feeder for scanning right now but that s not a big deal My biggest concerns are Laser vs InkJet: costs per page and print quality print quality for different applications and cost per page at different print settings I have seen plenty of text prints from inkjets and lasers and I don t think anyone would disagree that text is always sharper from a laser I think the same goes for graphics charts and vector graphics etc I have heard though that inkjets are better for photo print quality Now I don t know if this is really true or not I assume most magazines are printed with laser technology and their photos look pretty good I don t see why an inkjet would necessarily print better photos than a laser I am studying Graphic Design as one of my two minors in school and I will be printing both vector graphics and photos Some prints will have to be done at a print lab as they will be wider than quot As cost per page goes most people say that lasers are cheaper to operate However I looked at the print yields on HP s site and each cartridge of ink yields roughly pages while toner yields about However ink tanks are each and toner is each Now you can do the math and maybe I don t have all the facts but from that the C would definitely be cheaper to operate Also maybe ink or toner is more cost efficient with low quality black text while the other is more efficient with high quality photo prints Any thoughts please share Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I m not sure if I m posting in the right forum so my apologies in advance if it s in the wrong place I have printers connected a win Dell PC and have XP Dell laptops that use the printers I have had an HP laserjet MP and an HP color inkjet connected to it The spool time to the MP has been normal When I connected the HP a year ago the spool time was very slow and it took a long time to get the print dialogue box to open but I ignorantly assumed it was the printer and since I don t use it often just didn t deal with it I just replaced the MP with a HP laserjet with to PC Slow on print spooling sharing print printers connected win98 and it is slow slow slow to spool to open a print menu to open print properties etc When I turn print sharing off it both printers print fine I m wondering if Slow print spooling with print sharing on printers connected to win98 PC the win machine just doesn t have the processing speed necessary but before I buy a print server or get an Slow print spooling with print sharing on printers connected to win98 PC XP desktop to connect the printers to thought I d try to get some insight into the problem Thanks for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-print-spooling-with-print-sharing-on-printers-connected-to-win98-pc.18330/
Relevancy 59.77%

Please please can you help me as my Brother DCP-135C wont print anything. Ive downloaded drivers but nothing seems to work. I'm almost tearing my hair out with this problem. I've checked that it is compatable, which it is so dont know where to go from here.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 255 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3966 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 442130 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, A76ML-K 30, 1.0, UL81045063022
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

I would so appreciate some assistance. THANK YOU!

A:Brother DCP-135C wont print

Are you getting any error messages when you try to print?

Go into Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Is you printer in the list of devices and if so does it have a green tick on it. If it is there and has no tick on it, right click on the printer icon and select "Set as Default".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-dcp-135c-wont-print.1002496/
Relevancy 59.77%

Strange problem here. Recently, I replaced the black ink cartridge, and since then, it either won't print black, or it prints a bunch of really blurry lines. Then, when I print in other colors, it prints perfectly. Or if I print a fax, and print out the fax receipt, in black, it will print the receipt perfectly. Also, when I copy something, in black, it gives me the same garbled black print that it does when I try to print in black. I can print in other colors, but not black. I've tried replacing the ink cartridge, tried the cleaning function, and nothing seems to fix the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-mfc3240c-wont-print-in-black.976917/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Brother MFC-8480DN hardwired to a wireless router. I can print from my wireless laptop connection with no issues, but when I try & use the CC3 software to scan, I get the following error message:

Failed to connect to the device.

Then a second pop up message is: Scanning failed.

What am I doing wrong? I don't understand why it will print just fine, but refuses to scan.

BTW, I am using windows 7 if that makes a difference & I have installed the latest driver for the printer.

A:Brother MFC-8480DN will print, but not scan.

Scanning is almost always an issue when trying to use wifi or network connected devices. The problem is typically in the device config or software config on the computer. The input could also be blocked by AV or firewall software.

This is common as the computer (ie: OS/AV/firewall) doesn't like external input writing to the HDD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-mfc-8480dn-will-print-but-not-scan.1142387/
Relevancy 59.77%

Anyone Help
Printer gives ERROR MESSAGE
error:cgpdftaraster:cups......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-hl-2070n-print-problem.974768/
Relevancy 59.77%

Brother MFC 4350 Print Quality

Hi

I have a MFC 4350

Some time ago (6 months??) The Replace Drum and Replace Toner lights came on

I boogied down to Office Max/Depot and bought a Brother Drum and a store brand toner.

A couple of weeks into use print quality went way down. the outside thirds of the page are very faint while the middle third is OK. There is shading in the middle third as well.

Finally broke down and bought a Brother toner cartridge.

Quality might be a little better but not much.

have I ruined the drum?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-mfc-4350-print-quality.511559/