Windows Support Forum

WD external HDD cannot be accessed, system not responding.

Q: WD external HDD cannot be accessed, system not responding.

Hello everyone I have a WD portable external HDD about - years now Haden't any problem till now Yesterday i plugged in my HDD to my laptop and it worked as always Then i extracted a rar file but couldn't wait and i force closed the extraction After that my every action in the HDD was slower copying cutting I tried to extract the same accessed, HDD WD responding. external be not cannot system rar again WD external HDD cannot be accessed, system not responding. but because of the very slow speed i again force close from task manager the winrar process The next time i plugged in the HDD it wasn't recognized like before it was shown like a local disk Any attempt to access it is useless system not responding Even tried from various program to access it but same result Device manager same result HDD's light is on and it looks like is writing all the time Also i can't perform a chkdsk from within windows because nothing happens I always safe remove it Someone told me should open the case and try another connection like SATA or something i don't really know I tried many of the solution written in the forum but no result Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WD external HDD cannot be accessed, system not responding.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: WD external HDD cannot be accessed, system not responding.

Hi there.

Did you try to connect the external drive to another computer to see if it's going to be recognized?
If it's not, can you run extended test with the WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and tell me what the results are?
WD Support / Downloads / Other Products / Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348932-wd-external-hdd-cannot-accessed-system-not-responding.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My Dell laptop running Win Pro has a TB SATA drive attached by USB I use this as my main data of Laptop by being mysteriously External accessed system. HD archive Recently the drive has started to be accessed for long periods of time for no apparent reason when the computer is not actively in use The drive is very noisy with much clickety-clacking when being accessed Consequently I'm trying to decide which is more disturbing the paranoia arising from the fact that my data is perhaps being accessed by an unknown entity or the stress of being woken from my slumbers at AM in the morning by something resembling a passing freight train External HD of Laptop being mysteriously accessed by system. A damned long one at that I tried turning off the Windows Search service in an attempt to prevent indexing of the drive but to no avail The drive accessing always seems External HD of Laptop being mysteriously accessed by system. to stop soon after I tap the touchpad of the laptop cancelling the screen blanker and displaying the desktop Please can anyone tell me how I might prevent this unwanted phenomenon Kind regards MickyLuv

A:External HD of Laptop being mysteriously accessed by system.

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

You can use the native Resource Monitor to see what app is hitting that drive.

Start > Resource Monitor - select the tab named Disk

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/280241-external-hd-laptop-being-mysteriously-accessed-system.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a 1 TB western digital external portable hard disk (of my passport series).
It was perfectly fine, until now. Whenever I try to access it, my system hangs. And sometimes it does open but it takes a awful lot of time. What maybe the reason for this. Can anyone help me on this matter?

A:System hangs when external hard disk is accessed

Hello Shwetha, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If this is an eSATA drive, then double check in your advanced power plan settings to see if you may have set Turn off hard disk after X amount of minutes. If so, then set it to Never to see if that may be the issue.

Hard Drive - Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle or Never

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/207926-system-hangs-when-external-hard-disk-accessed.html
Relevancy 58.05%

After some troubles with the boot of this PC, now I'm faced with another challenge --- I can't access the external hard disk that is usually plugged in this PC. Everything else in this PC works fine before it started not booting. After several attempts on fixing the computer's boot, it came to a point where the PC can detect the external HD but I can't gain access to it. I have a Western Digital external HD and I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit as OS. Whenever I plug the External HD, the option to unplug it at the bottom-right of the screen appears (which meant the PC recognized it) and it appears at the disk management as 'Disk 1' while Disk 0 is for the main HD. But the volume for Disk 1 doesn't show. I only see C: on the disk management screen.

A:External HD detected but can't be accessed

hi and welcome

go to device manager and find the drive in the tree go to properties and go to drivers now uninstall the driver unplug the usb connection and reboot. When you have the desktop open re-plug the usb in, windows should install the driver back again (make sure you are connected to the internet in-case windows need to access it

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/118540-external-hd-detected-but-cant-accessed.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

Just re-installed my OS and restored data files from Maxtor One-Touch external drive (using goodsync).
Then I set up a backup profile - one way / from computer to Maxtor.
After the first backup I can no longer access the Maxtor (E-drive).

I see it's icon in explorer, but can't access it at all.
The drives properties show it being completely full of "raw data".
(It can't be re-formatted either.)

There is some data I'd like to recover, but failing that re-formatting would be better than nothing.
(I'm absolutely sure there is nothing physically wrong with drive.)

GoodSync says-
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
(error - 2147023779)
Windows XP gives similar messages.

Attempted to use GRC.com's Spinrite, but it can't recognize the drive.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a upgraded XP to Vista Premium computer and none of the external thumb or hard drives can be accessed whereas they work fine on other vista computers in my office. Also, if I right click properties, the SECURITY tab is not there to own the external drive!

What do you recommend?

Randall

A:USB External Drives Cannot be accessed

Check in Device Manager whether the drivers are OK.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241252-usb-external-drives-cannot-accessed.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi. I have a seagate External Hard drive and recently I've upgraded my ASUS K40IN Windows Vista to Windows 7, now I am unable to get my ext Hard drive to be recognised. Someone told me that it could be the USB driver is not updated, Is that true? Can anyone help me please. Thanks

A:External Drive cannot be accessed in windows 7

Hi and welcome,

So when you plug her in, your machine doesn't scan or it scans, but comes up with no new hardware found?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/49504-external-drive-cannot-accessed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all I am trying to get the files from an old HDD It was working until the power supply died on can't Old external as be [SOLVED] HDD accessed by Win7 the old computer so I have a new computer it was due I have a WD hard drive in a NexStar case The drive runs and [SOLVED] Old HDD as external can't be accessed by Win7 after about seconds the Local Disk F shows in Explorer Sometimes - but not always - I am told I need to format it If I double-click on the F to drop down the files I get a popup telling me I have to format it then another window telling me quot [SOLVED] Old HDD as external can't be accessed by Win7 the drive is not accessible - The volume does not contain a recognized file system Please make sure all required file system drivers are loaded and the volume is not corrupted quot So it was working on an old Win XP computer bit I think and now on Win amp - bit - I can't access it Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Old HDD as external can't be accessed by Win7

Could be a failing drive or a faulty case . . can you attach it directly to an ide port in the pc? Does the NexStar3 case have its separate power supply or is it using the USB port for power?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-old-hdd-as-external-cant-be-accessed-by-win7-651256.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all I format accessed HD telling keeps External me when to m having a problem with my external hard drive It s a Western Digital My Essentials Edition GB version A few days ago my external hd stopped working properly External HD keeps telling me to format when accessed or I think it s the external hd Whenever I try to access it known as the E Drive through the My Computer folders it says that it is an invalid path and tells me that I need to format it However I ran this program http quetek com that lets you recover files from a hard drive I used it to find the files on my external hd and it was all there However the external hd was called Disk which I am unable to locate it I ve also checked the Device Manager and it lists the external hd But when I checked the properties and clicked on the Volumes tab I got this And when I clicked on Populate I got this And I found that didn t do anything I ve also tried this external hd on two other computers in my house but I get the same error Now I don t mind formatting my hard drive because I don t have anything of real value on it but I ve read that if I do or if I try to it still might not work Does anyone know what could be the problem to this and is there a solution The only thing I could think of that would have caused this is that I saved an image file directly onto the external hd instead of saving it to the desktop then transferring it Any help is most appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:External HD keeps telling me to format when accessed

I know it's only been awhile but does no one have a solution? I can't seem to get an answer anywhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hd-keeps-telling-me-to-format-when-accessed.639200/
Relevancy 56.76%

This is puzzling. For 2 days I've noticed that the 'light' on 1 of my external drives is constantly blinking. This is going on 24hrs a day. The drive shows in This PC and is accessible. Scanned the drive for errors and it shows as fine. Drive is a Western Digital 'My Book'. It's not hot, I have a small fan that blows over the drive (without the fan it gets warm to the touch).

Have scanned both with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes, system is clean. Could it be that the drive is beginning to fail?

A:External hard drive being constantly accessed

If you installed the WD software, check it to see if it is doing some incremental backup of some sort. I have the same drive and have noticed that too.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56298-external-hard-drive-being-constantly-accessed.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My iOmega TB External hard drive stopped working after it was accidentally unplugged I googled the problem amp found the exact thread here for my problem When plugged in instead of being identified by it s name as before it s listed as Local disc F First I tried disabling write caching to no avail so I followed HDD disk shows as it local & F cannot be accessed External the instructions I found here to External HDD shows as local disk F & it cannot be accessed the same problem started by fish in Aug Mark replied several times giving good instructions which I have followed but my problem isn t solved I downloaded Sea Tools for Windows amp ran both Short amp Long tests which both failed The hard drive when dismantled is a Seagate Barracuda TB amp my PC is Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pk The HDD has much loved photo s of my kids amp tons of video amp music too is there any way to retrieve it now or is it a hopeless case Any help would be very much appreciated I think maybe if possible to get any data now I would have to take it to proffessionals but don t want to get ripped off if the drive is totally broken Thanx so much if u can help all nbsp

A:External HDD shows as local disk F & it cannot be accessed

You could try going into disk management and deleting F: drive, while the External HDD is unplugged, then try reconnecting - OS might have just assigned the drive incorrectly?
Also strongly recommend updating to SP2 if possible (probably not connected to this issue though).
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-shows-as-local-disk-f-it-cannot-be-accessed.186348/
Relevancy 56.33%

I bought an HP v w GB USB flash drive off of Amazon and when I plugged it into my USB port and tried to transfer files to it my computer froze and I had to hold the power button to shut it down This happens every time I try to access the flash drive Additionally I have other external hard drives that has always Drive Accessed Computer External Hard is Freezes When worked for me for years and now those too are freezing my computer when I try to access them It seems like the HP flash drive affected my computer in such a way that it is preventing other devices from working properly I have gone into Device Manager and uninstalled the USB Host drivers and restarted my computer That did not solve the problem I have tried using different USB ports on my computer and that has not made a difference I have tried uninstalling the drivers for the individual external hard drives and then have them be reinstalled the next time I plug them in That has not worked For some reason though when I connect my old external hard drives through a powered USB hub I do not experience the freezing What sucks is that I think my USB Hub is USB so it takes forever for anything to transfer Every time I plug in the HP flash drive into the USB Hub I get a message saying the driver could not be properly loaded or that I don't have access to the drive et cetera I am pretty sure the HP flash drive is no good and needs to be returned but does anyone know what I can do to prevent my old external hard drives from freezing my computer without the use of a USB hub

A:Computer Freezes When External Hard Drive is Accessed

Hello and welcome Ben mate a little more specs would help mate because to see what speed USB the machine supports we need at least the model and more inportnatly the motherboard.
Use this to find those details out.
Using HW Info
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic.
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
Open each + down into the component itself and then click on it - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that device. See pic for example.
Use the lower part and find the model of the motherboard please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364179-computer-freezes-when-external-hard-drive-accessed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have used a teac USB external 3.5" floppy disk drive running on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 for several months. Recently when I try to read a floppy, it reboots the computer every time. I thought it was the drive gone bad, so I bought a new Memorex USB external floppy drive. The same thing happens when I try to access the disk with the new drive. When I attach the teac drive to my laptop using Windows Vista, it works perfectly.

I appreciate any help that anyone can give me.

A:When teac external floppy drive is accessed, pc reboots

You might try removing your all USB controllers (via Device Manager) and then rebooting and allowing them to reinstall.Worth reading, IMO: General USB Problems in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310575.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266802/when-teac-external-floppy-drive-is-accessed-pc-reboots/
Relevancy 56.33%

I m running WinXP sp I ve had my external hd for quite some time not sure what changed but turned it on for but freezes External up Hard drive when accessed in PM shows the first time in awhile and it would quot ding quot like plug and play recognized it but nothing happened I go to Windows Explorer and it freezes I have to turn off the switch to the External Harddrive it s an Ultra to get anything to load Then I try to External Hard drive shows up in PM but freezes when accessed turn it back on and I look at Device Manager I can see it in there but when I right-click on it to see what s going on it freezes Any program that would access the HD freezes when it External Hard drive shows up in PM but freezes when accessed s turned on I External Hard drive shows up in PM but freezes when accessed ve been browsing the net for hours for a fix Here s what I ve tried nothing has worked Changing the jumper settings using tweakui to change drive letters changing usb cables power down and try all over any ideas BTW- my harddrive is not clicking or doing anything out of the ordinary it won t mount in Safe mode either nbsp

A:External Hard drive shows up in PM but freezes when accessed

TweakUI to change drive letters? No wonder you are having trouble. What version of TweakUI?

Drive letter changes need to be made in Disk Management. I don't recall any TweakUI's tha changed drive letters since Win 98 and that program is for a whole different family of operating systems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-shows-up-in-pm-but-freezes-when-accessed.785498/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there I know similar issues have somehow been addressed elsewhere but it seems my particular problem hasn't quite been faced by many others so here we go I have thousands of files on an external drive My computer recently crashed so on permissions be Files external accessed hell!) (owner + cannot drive I had to fresh-install windows ultimate x While some files on the extenal hdd work fine others won't work given that the owner and permissions are screwed I can manually right-click any file and go to the properties gt security tab and then add quot Everyone quot Files on external drive cannot be accessed (owner + permissions hell!) or my new user and then add full control and that's it the file works fine BUT I can't be doing this manually for thousands of files Files on external drive cannot be accessed (owner + permissions hell!) So I've researched a bit and have installed the registry hack for quot Take ownership quot on right-clicking a Files on external drive cannot be accessed (owner + permissions hell!) file folder Add quot Take Ownership quot to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win or Vista - How-To Geek I've ran a bunch of commands from an admin-level command prompt icacls takeown grant etc as per here Tools to Manage Access Control Lists - Tutorials Articles Algorithms Tips Examples about Security Solved changing permissions on multiple files - Vista Forums All I now see is some weird user on most files but no permissions set for me to access them user is something like S- - - And so nothing seems to have been solved I still have to manually right-click a file and use the security tab to add a new user set permissions etc How come it works through the gui and not on the command line My hope is to do it for a whole folder E music which has literally hundreds and hundreds of folders and mp files It would suck if I'm stuck doing it manually Thanks in advance for your help if any -

A:Files on external drive cannot be accessed (owner + permissions hell!)

I saw some User like S-1-5-... on my XP machine when my Recycle Bin malfunctioned while trying to clear a drive. Had to get bit-unlocker to keep the Recycle Bin from locking up on a folder with that username every time I tried to empty the Recycle Bin. The problem eventually went away, maybe after I repartitioned the other drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263326-files-external-drive-cannot-accessed-owner-permissions-hell.html
Relevancy 55.04%

TB external hard drive is spinning when turned on however my laptop is not registering the HD properly- previously it would come up with the hard drive name G VERBATIM however now it just says G Local Disk and comes up with the error message quot One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it quot It emits Windows hard Explorer drive when external is attached/accessed crashes a tone when the HD is removed so obviously it is acknowledging the device and it does still work but it just isn't opening at all Whenever I go into Windows Explorer and attempt to access the drive or even just right click on the drive Explorer freezes and I have to reboot I am running Vista Home Premium SP however the same problem is occurring on an XP laptop Ideally I don't want to lose what's on the HD there's about GB worth Much of this is avi's though which going by other threads could be a factor Any help would be much appreciated

A:Windows Explorer crashes when external hard drive is attached/accessed

Hi,

Normally in this situation I would recommend that you went into the Device Manager console and tried to uninstall then re-install the driver for the hard drive; but since you experience this on another machine as well it seems as though there are one of two possible causes - either the filesystem may have become corrupt to some extent, or the PCB in the external enclosure has developed some sort of fault. I would say try and take out the hard drive if possible (and if you don't mind potentially voiding any warranty that may remain), and install it either in an available desktop or another external enclosure and see whether or not you can access your data. If you cannot I would say the cause is the former unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jon.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-crashes-when-external-hard-drive-is-attached-accessed-473305.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a new Dell XPS420 quad core processor running Windows Vista Premium Home edition. I have my old hard drive in an external case and at times when I try to open files on the external hard drive I am not able to. It says I do not have permission. I have read articles on how to gain permission and at times I am successful, but it is a real pain to do that each time! I tried turning off User Account Control on the new desktop and then tried to access the external hard drive files, but I still received the same message, that I do not have control and it was denied.

Is there any way to gain permanent control over that external hard drive? I was the only user of that that was housed on my Compaq Presario 5430US that ran Windows XP Home edition.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-files-sometimes-cant-be-accessed-on-desktop-running-window-vista.727273/
Relevancy 52.03%

Target system is Envy 700-430qe running Windows 10 Professional. Access the target system using another system via remote desktop connection. Run Resource Monitor on Target system. LoginUI.exe uses progressively more commited memory There is an HP dll, OmniPassCredProv.dll, called by LoginUI.exe, that is consuming the memory. This dll will consume 16GB of RAM in about 30 minutes rendering the target system useless. For a more complete description of the problem, see:https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/window?s/en-US/a9fed804-ba3b-47a3-a8e6-cdb78abed7fd/logo... Solution: Uninstall HP SimplePass software through 'Programs and Features'While you are at it, I'd recommend uninstalling all of the other HP add-on software as well. It is unecessary, buggy, designed primarily  for the purpose selling you more HP product.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/When-accessed-via-RDC-HP-system-running-HP-SimplePass-has/td-p/5638386
Relevancy 51.6%

Any help would be Remotely Blame Accessed...coworker To System vastly appreciated I have worked with a computer programmer for my website amp since then my system has changed greatly User Accounts different Registry Logs Changed on amp on HJack amp Deckard Logs belowThanks in advanceRezChick -HiJackThis Files Hijack This HiJjack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exeC Program Files PrevxCSI prevxcsi exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files System Remotely Accessed...coworker To Blame Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files ltmoh ltmoh exeC Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exeC WDeckard's System Scanner v System Remotely Accessed...coworker To Blame Run by QUAIL on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Windows Update - - UTC - RP - Scheduled Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Scheduled Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Windows Update - - UTC - RP - Windows Vista Service Pack Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows Vista Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows System smss exeC Windows System csrss exeC Windows System wininit exeC Windows System csrss exeC Windows System services exeC Windows System lsass exeC Windows System lsm exeC Windows System winlogon exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System SLsvc exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System agrsmsvc exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC Program Files PrevxCSI prevxcsi exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System LxrSII s exeC TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exeC Windows System svchost exeC TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC Windows System TODDSrv exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TosCoSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Windows System taskeng exeC Windows System wbem WmiPrvSE exeC Windows System taskeng exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exeC Program Files PrevxCSI prevxcsi exeC Windows System dwm exeC Windows explorer exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files ltmoh ltmoh exeC Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Windows System SearchIndexer exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotifye exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger Ymsgr tray exeC TOSHIBA IVP ISM Ivpsvmgr exeC Windows System igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Sp... Read more

A:System Remotely Accessed...coworker To Blame

Hello rezchick. to BleepingComputer.comMy name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine)We apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.If you still would like help, please follow the following instructions: Please run Deckard's System Scanner again, this time using these instructions:(In the event you lost your copy, you can download a new one from here: Deckard's System Scanner)Click on Start, click on RunCopy and paste the following in the open window and then click OK:
"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /configThis will open up DSS configurationClick on Check All.Click Scan.
DSS will now run again.Please post back both logs that open in notepad.
Main.txt and Extra.txtNextPlease do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner.Please visit the Kaspersky Online Scanner website.
Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.In your next reply, please make sure the following reports are present:The Kaspersky scan reportDSS's Main.txtDSS's Extra.txt(In the event you lost your copy, you can download a new one from here: Deckard's System Scanner)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148056/system-remotely-accessedcoworker-to-blame/
Relevancy 51.6%

Could I repair drive F with system restore if i am using Drive C? Both have the OS on them

If this is possible I would appreciate a step by step instructional post.

Thank you kindly.

A:I have 7 HDD inside my pc. Can System Restore be accessed across HHDs?

Quote: Originally Posted by MSwhip

Could I repair drive F with system restore if i am using Drive C? Both have the OS on them

If this is possible I would appreciate a step by step instructional post.

Thank you kindly.

Hi,

From my understanding it looks like you would like to use System Restore to restore to an earlier date of your operating system installation.
Actually, it is unlikely that your operating system spans across multiple drives so what you're trying to achieve will only be done on the current operating system you have booted in to (drive C:\).

If you have multiple installations of the same system image on the two drives respectively, then you are okay to go ahead and boot in to them individually to utilize system restore independently on each of the drives.

If they are the same images then you are likely to have the same restore points on them.

Can you please elaborate on what you are trying to achieve?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/260103-i-have-7-hdd-inside-my-pc-can-system-restore-accessed-across-hhds.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Here s an imaginary situation For curiosities sake two independent motherboards are present in a case installed in such accessed different by Can if one be accessed HDD times? two at motherboards a way that only one could be on at a time Let s say that one motherboard is an intel chip with hardware configured to run windows and let s say that the other is an apple motherboard configured for OS X Lion And there is a three way switch on the case giving power to only one board at a time If the motherboards were both run to one hard drive could both motherboards access the hard Can one HDD be accessed by two motherboards if accessed at different times? drive and function normally so long only one of them was on at a time I am assuming that they would be able to the board Can one HDD be accessed by two motherboards if accessed at different times? set up for windows would search Can one HDD be accessed by two motherboards if accessed at different times? the drive for its partition and read and write to it and the board set up for mac would search for its partition and read and write to it And before things get nuts yes I know that you don t need to do this and that you can dual boot mac windows blah blah blah I am just curious as to whether or not it is possible If you have to know why I ask I am considering a mod to put an xbox mobo and a ps slim mobo into an xbox case in with a micro atx psu and a hdd the case mod being a homage to phantom crash and slai the setup would only run these two games off the hdd nbsp

A:Can one HDD be accessed by two motherboards if accessed at different times?

In theory, if the power to the HDD also switches to the corresponding motherboard, yeah it should be possible. (see EDIT below)

But this switching-idea must also be applied to the data cable running to the HDD. The cable must not be connected to both motherboards at the same time, that would cause internal confusion.

But in theory, a multi-port power switch could do the job, sure.

EDIT:
Keep in mind, for your splendid idea: you need (at least) two separate partitions on the HDD, one formatted in FATX, and one formatted in (whatever format the PS2 uses). It is possible to format two different partitions on a drive in different formats, but it is tricky.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-one-hdd-be-accessed-by-two-motherboards-if-accessed-at-different-times.169091/
Relevancy 49.88%

while installing Norton System Works 2003 I keep getting a message saying "the Windows Installer Service could not be accessed or if Windows Installer is not correctly installed.
I have a Dell 8200 and thought it was built in. Help???????? Ü

A:windows installer can't be accessed while trying to install Norton System Works 2003

i had this error with antivirus scan too, just had to close some of the apps running and it went fine. If it still doesn't work try rebooting, maybe something is still using the installer...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-cant-be-accessed-while-trying-to-install-norton-system-works-2003.115186/
Relevancy 47.73%

hi i have a pentium dual core processor with gig of ram it has a gig hdd and runs windows xp home edition sp the problem i m having is with external hdd s i m saying hdd s because i ve tried different ones the last being a brand new XP responding External to causes Win stop HDD tb transcend hdd whenever i plug an hdd in windows stops responding my computer hardware manager and anything windows related minimizes maximizes but does not respond when you try to open close them programs such as google chrome etc still works though flashdrives and phones etc works without a problem when you plug them in the problem just seems to External HDD causes Win XP to stop responding be with external hdd s I have tried starting up in safe mode and plugging the hdd in it still causes windows to stop responding I have tried plugging the hdd into different usb slots it still does the same i have tried plugging the hdd into other pc s it works fine please can you give me advice on how to fix this thank you nbsp

A:External HDD causes Win XP to stop responding

Do these externals you are trying have their own power supply or are they using USB power? Might be a power issue if USB. Do all the ports look to be in good shape; nothing broken or bent?

If everything looks good and drives are powered externally, the only suggestion I would have to try is deleting/uninstalling all the controllers and mass storage devices, etc. listed under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers in the device manager, then reboot and let Windows reinstall them and see if they work then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hdd-causes-win-xp-to-stop-responding.1056246/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi! I have an issue with my WD External hard drive which I've had for about a year. I'm running 2 accounts on Vista and the problem seems to be more prevalent on the second account. Whenever I try to access the hard drive or drag and drop files it locks up and comes up with the (not responding) message. I have no option but to close the program every time.

As you can imagine this is very annoying. I've tried different USB ports but the issue remains. I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out here. Cheers!

A:External hard drive (not responding)

I would defrag the External drive and also run a check disc on it.

Also can be caused by certain type of files on the External HD...but try the defrag and check disc first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-not-responding.905298/
Relevancy 47.3%

Good morning i have a problem with my HDD I have been looking HDD responding Passport not 500gb) (WD External around google for this problem but i can't find any i'm sorry if i'm not keen enough to search if this problem have been solved When i plug my HDD to my laptop it shows up in my computer as local disk F but when i double click or right click local disk F it shows not responding message and make my windows explorer restart every time ending the process I already checked the problem was RAW thing maybe and try some instruction to get my HDD working But the program required to do that didn't work well Example I use EaseUS data recovery but it always stuck at scanning disk It works fine after i unplugged the external HDD I use testdisk exe choose create but it's stuck at please wait screen Some program didn't start up or slow start up eventhough clicked it open it VLC paint etc Disk management didn't show anything when i plugged the external HDD How can i follow External HDD (WD Passport 500gb) not responding the instruction if i can't pass the loading screen External HDD (WD Passport 500gb) not responding at all I really appreciate the help regarding this matter and sorry for bad english it's not my native language after all Thanks

A:External HDD (WD Passport 500gb) not responding

Hello KuroYuuki!

I'm sorry for the issue you're having. :/

The fact that the system lags and doesn't respond, and even freezes, when the external WD drive is connected means that its corruption is malfunctioning the system, and you may not be able to pass through the loading screens.

I would suggest you change the cable with a new shorter one and try a different port, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and after that another system, just to see if it will load up fully.

How did you determine the drive has went to RAW format if it can't load and show up in Disk Management or it did?

If you are not able to go through the loading screens successfully, and you need your data back, your best option would be to take the drive to a professional Data Recovery Company, WD has partners in the field.

WD Data Recovery Partners:
Support Answers

I wish you best of luck!

CK_WD

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373724-external-hdd-wd-passport-500gb-not-responding.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i have an external HDD wich i usually connect via usb2.0 however as esata provides better performance decided to purchase an esata cable i have just connected it and it causes my computer window to become unresponsive and not display my drives? C: D: or MY external drive E:

does anyone have any ideas on this one

thanks

A:connecting external HDD via esata causes not responding?

Can you access Disk Management and what do you see there - post a picture of it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298926-connecting-external-hdd-via-esata-causes-not-responding.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I tried backing up some files to my external hard drive over the weekend and whenever I plugged in the drive, it wouldn't respond and explorer would end up closing down all together. After a while I thought it was because I noticed that in it's properties it was "read only." I changed that and everything appeared normal. Well, it's happening again and I can't even get into the properties to check before everything freezes and stops reponding.

Is there anything you can suggest to see if I need to fix anything within the drive itself so that it will respond?

Thanks in advance

A:external hard drive not responding

Is it USB? You could remove it from the case and connect it internally. That would also tell you if the case or drive is the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-not-responding.701769/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone!

I hope that I post in the right area.

I`ve got a little problem.
I have an iOmega (LDHD-UP) 1 TB External Hdd and when it's connected and powered on, from time to time i get an error that says: Windows Explorer is not responding...
If i`m not using the hard drive, it is okay. Everything works fine. It`s doing so on every version of Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I mention that it works well on another computers with Windows XP for example. Even in Ubuntu 10.10 it works good.
On the iOmega official website i didn`t found anything about this.
I`ve been trying to format it (NTFS) with one partition.
Is there any solution for this?

Thanks and please excuse my bad grammar.

A:Windows Explorer is not responding (External HDD)

Try this free program to test the iOmega drive (select HDTune, not HDTune Pro): HD Tune website

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148715-windows-explorer-not-responding-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I need to write a script or command file for windows 2003 Server to automate the running of various executables from the command line.

I need to be able to send various strings or keystrokes to these programs depending on the text output by these programs.

I need something similar to the waitfor and respond commands used in dialup scripts but to be applied to a command line window.

Does anyone know of such a tool if there is a scripting language that includes this functionality.

Regards

Craig

A:Scripting and responding to output from external commands

If the windows/DOS command line capability doesn't do it for you, you can add in the tools that are found in the resource kit. If the combination still isn't good enough (because it still sucks), you could install cygwin which would give you a bash shell and access to most of the available linux/unix commands as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scripting-and-responding-to-output-from-external-commands.433337/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I have a 1TB Toshiba external HDD and really need to recover important files (mainly memorable pictures of family events).

2 days ago, it was fine until I was copying large files and then the progress bar when copying just disappears so I decided to do an attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* on the NTFS HDD. Was that right? I think now that it wasn't.

Now it really takes too long to open the folders and files, even right-clicking it too. Any help, will be great.

Sometimes, when a input a path to access it, it shows "g: not accessible, device is not ready" too.

Autoplay still shows it when connected, it,s just that accessing the folders inside bugs me.

Thanks.

It is still ok in Disk Management though..

A:External HDD - Windows Explorer not responding when accessing

No feedback? I've been googling in the meantime but still no solutions found

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/326304-external-hdd-windows-explorer-not-responding-when-accessing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

my laptop loaded an update for Vista and then my external hard drive won't show that it has anything on it and my laptop wants to format it and pretty much freezes my whole computer when it's connected. (At least I think that's what caused it, the hard drive still makes regular noise and the computer shows it on the list, just acts like it's empty) The external hard drive has a FAT partition.

A:External Hard Drive not responding all of the sudden

I have XP PRO and have had some similar issues with log in after rebooting from a Microsoft update (usually a net framework update sets it off ?)
See if this helps>
http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how...ol-permissions-of-files-and-folders-in-vista/

If the steps in the above link seem a bit tricky - it seems there is a shortcut to the procedure here>
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Just set a sytem restore point before changing any settings ( just in case)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-not-responding-all-of-the-sudden.890783/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all,

Hello, a friend of mine isrunning win XP SP 2 and has an external 160 gig Maxtor Drive. All was working fine until he decided to defrag the Drive. Now, the drive will not respond correctly at all. When connected with fire wire, the message comes up "error, please format drive", and when connected with the USB 2.0 cable, it says "the request could not be performed because of an i/o device Error". We have about 150 gigs of data on the drive.... When connected, the drive is real taxing on the system, like it's trying to work, but cant -- it spins and everything..... Thanks for your help...

Matt
([email protected])

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-160-gig-drive-not-responding-correctlly-after-defrag-in-win-xp.299052/
Relevancy 46.87%

I can't browse my external hard drive without my computer grinding to a halt and having explorer stick in Not Responding. It also sometimes happens just in opening My Computer.
What should I do first to help diagnose the problem?

A:My Computer and External Hard Drive Not Responding

Have you tried disconnecting the external drive and then opening My Computer ?

Try the external drive on another PC and see if it causes the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-and-external-hard-drive-not-responding.1021317/
Relevancy 46.87%

hello, i have a 1tb western digital external hard drive less than a year old. I was watching some movie and my brother turned the laptop off for an hour then when i tried to get it back on my hard drive wasnt responding anymore, it lights up and blinks the first few seconds and has that start up sound and theres a sound when you plug it in but it still isnt recognized. i also tried changing the connector and changing laptops and desktops all with the same result, lights up sounds (the ones that tell you something was just plugged in ) and the slight wrrr sound from the hard drive. is there any way to get it fixed ?

A:WD external hard drive suddenly not responding

Hi ddvon,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please post a screenshot of Windows Disk Management with only your WD 1TB external drive plugged in.

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

If its only a partition table corruption that has led to this situation you may be able to do a partition recovery with the Partition Wizard.

Help info on Partition Recovery Wizard of partition manager - Partition Wizard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332127-wd-external-hard-drive-suddenly-not-responding.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a x64 windows 7 and an iomega eGo external hard drive. The external hasn't been used in a while, it's just been sitting in my desk drawer. I'm trying to see if I have any files on it, but every time I plug it in, and try to open it, the green loading bar in Windows Explorer moves to the end but never finishes and the program (Windows Explorer) stops responding.

I don't think I have any really important files on there, I think I've moved them , so if I have to reformat it or anything it should be okay. But is there anything else I can do?

A:External Hard Drive Windows Explorer Not Responding

Try this.

Download v 0.8.1 of the drivecleanup.zip from Drive Tools for Windows.

Unzip it to a folder, say drivecleanup.

You will have two folders Win32 and x64 each containing DriveCleanup.exe for 32 bit and 64 bit respectively.

Remove all USB storage devices/printers/card readers etc., from your system (except your Keyboard and mouse) and reboot.

Right click on the DriveCleanup.exe and run as administrator. (Use the *.exe file appropriate for your bit version of Windows.).

After the clean up act, reboot , plug in your Iomega external drive and check. ( After the drive cleanup every USB device plugged it will be installed afresh.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/322601-external-hard-drive-windows-explorer-not-responding.html
Relevancy 46.01%

microsoft windows home basic bit i have explained each and everything in detail what i did after facing the problem sorry if i have elaborated it too much please check belowwhen i first met with this problem the first thing i did was went to folder options clicked show hidden files folders and drives also clicked show protected operating system files i saw this RECYCLE BIN folder and system volume information everywere in C D F drive and EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE gb especially in my EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE which has RECYCLE BIN folder i opened it it had - a recycle bin folder with a lock - S- - - - - $RECYCLE.BIN and not problem, stuck responding... gets drive External hard - - folder - S- - - - - - - folder - S- - - - - - - folder - S- - - - - - - folder - S- - - - $RECYCLE.BIN problem, External hard drive gets stuck and not responding... - - - folder - S- - - - - - - folder whenever i tried to open this quot S- - quot folder i get a box which says quot G RECYCLE BIN S- - is not accessible quot access is denied whenever i $RECYCLE.BIN problem, External hard drive gets stuck and not responding... try to open some songs movies folders in my external hard drive the whole drive gets stuck and on the top it says quot not responding quot then iam ableto see only the background picture and iam able to do nothing so i shut it down and on again but in my laptop in the c d f drives the RECYCLE BIN folder opens but it is blankso i immediately remove the external hard drive thinking the problem started here so after sometime i reinstalled the whole operating system with some basic knowledge i partitioned C OO gb D gb after all process successfully I installed the drivers and utilites in laptop but in the my computer it is opposite C gb D gb so i extend gb from C drive and name it F since iam not used to three partitions i did something i think i deleted it in my computer there is no F drive i check in disk management there is a F drive saying quot gb NTFS healthy logical drive quot so totally gb missing in my computer i checked the disk deframenter in that there were C D F External hard drive and quot volume b b d - dd- e - f - e f e quot drive i think all these problem because of that RECYCLE BIN so i searched in google about this RECYCLE BIN folder and got some details and i followed the instructions of britec who had posted in youtube he said download ROGUEKILLER MALWAREBYTES ANTI MALWARE MBAM FARBAR SERVICE SCANNER FSS amp HITMAN PRO i followed his instructions correctly for the past weeks i have been doing these scans still the problem is not solved still my external hard drive is slow and gets stuck before performing the above said scans i uninstalled the avast antivirus free version which i had been using I got the following reports - RogueKiller V by Tigzymail tigzyRK lt at gt gmail lt dot gt comFeedback http www geekstogo com forum files file -roguekiller Website http tigzy geekstogo com roguekiller phpBlog http tigzyrk blogspot comOperating System Windows bits versionStarted in Normal modeUser rkb Admin rights Mode Remove -- Date Bad processes Registry Entries HJ DESK HKCU ClassicStartMenu A - F - A - C - FE B EE - gt REPLACED HJ DESK HKCU NewStartPanel A - F - A - C - FE B EE - gt REPLACED Particular Files Folders Driver NOT LOADED HOSTS File -- C Windows system drivers etc hosts MBR Check PhysicalDrive TOSHIBA MK GSX ATA Device --- User --- MBR f e eaaeb ca fdebe ef BSP c f dc e d c cfcfb dd d Windows MBR CodePartition table - ACTIVE NTFS x VISIBLE Offset sectors Size Mo - XXXXXX NTFS x VISIBLE Offset sectors Size Mo - XXXXXX NTFS x VISIBLE Offset sectors Size Mo - XXXXXX EXTEN-LBA x f VISIBLE Offset sectors Size MoUser LL OK User LL OK PhysicalDrive Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex USB Device --- User --- MBR e a e bd b c a c fb BSP c ce e a c dafa MBR Code unknownPartition table - XXXXXX NTFS x VISIBLE Offset sectors Size MoUser LL OK Error reading LL MBR Finished lt lt RKreport txt gt gt RKreport after restarting the laptop R... Read more

A:$RECYCLE.BIN problem, External hard drive gets stuck and not responding...

Recycle Bin...should be a folder reflected for each partition.Recycler should be a folder reflected on each partition/drive when using Explorer view in Windows.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171694Both of these are perfectly normal system files and should not be tampered with. Do not try to manually delete them or delete the contents.If you think that your Recycle Bin is damaged...simply turn off the Recycle Bin on the desktop to remove the contents of the folders reflected on each partition. You can turn it back on the reverse way of turning it off.http://delltech.150m.com/XP/exploring/12.htmLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472946/recyclebin-problem-external-hard-drive-gets-stuck-and-not-responding/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hai,

I am New to this forum. Please Help Me

Yesterday I was watching a film in my External HD(WD 1TB).After finishing movie i disconnect the HD.Then It shows that "You need to format device to use".Then I again plug the HD .When I Opens MY computer the green task bar is running too slowly to respond.In left task bar we can see that the Hard disc letter but not responding.Even i cant shut down the computer with plug in HD. After Unplug the HD there was no problem to the system.
My system:

32Bit : Intel Core 2 Duo : 2GB ram : 1TB HD : External 1TB Western Digital

A:External Hard Disc Takes too long to respond but still not responding

Hello NISHADNASER,

I am sorry this is happening to you!

If you have critical files on your external WD hard drive, that you want to recover, do not format the drive! When formatting a HDD any information that's on it, gets erased.

The main possibility is that your external hard drive has suddenly become RAW. This means that it is not a system recognized by Windows. Therefore it's unable to be mounted as a drive. This often happens when the records determining the filesystem type or location on the disk are damaged or corrupted. And since Windows doesn't see a filesystem in the partition of your external hard drive, it wants you to format it in order to create a filesystem on it. But as I mentioned above, you shouldn't if you have any information on it that you want back! Also, don't try and write anything on the RAW drive.

The reason this could happen is when you disconnect an external hard drive from the PC without using the "Safely Remove Hardware" option. This is why I would advise you for the future to always safely remove your hardware.

In this case you need to recover your data. The most secure way to do this is to take it to a Data recovery company. The link below is to WD's official Data recovery partners:

WD Support / Data Recovery Partners

Because you mention that your system slows down in performance and doesn't fully respond, it makes me think that you should better take your external hard drive to a specialist to fix it.

If not, you could try and RMA the hard drive but first you need to check if it's still in warranty. You could do this in the link below:

WD Support / Warranty Services / Warranty Check for End User

I hope any of this helps you!
Best of luck!

CK_WD

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345718-external-hard-disc-takes-too-long-respond-but-still-not-responding.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have just replaced the hdd in samsung rv520, previous one failed. I had backed up samsung recovery to my external hard drive, but I'm unable to get it to run, the current hdd has windows 7 ultimate, the previous(came with the laptop) was windows 7 home premium. I want to revert to the original but when I click on the samsung recovery folder (which I have copied to drive c and d) it just opens up the files. How can I restore it/install it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-recovery-backed-up-in-external-hdd-not-responding-after-changing-laptop-hdd.1108296/
Relevancy 43%

Hello my OS is Vista Home Premium Service Version Service Pack Build bit system Basically the system will not respond in normal mode It appears anything to do with my network won't work Cannot log onto the internet in normal mode although I can in safe mode Control panel will come up in normal mode but if I try to open anything in control panel it wants to freeze up The problem started about a week and half ago July to be exact I have been responding system not using Windows OneCare for security but it has stopped working and I can't get it to start back Contacted thier support and did what system not responding they said but still nothing I ran MalwareBytes and it came up with Trojan Win Ofilca M was on my pc It said it removed some if it but I would need to get something else to remove the rest of it Came here for some help from the malware response team I created the logs was asked to do a system restore which did not work I was asked to run a couple of different system not responding programs ESET was one RkUnhooker was another RkUnhooker would not run got Error loading driver NTSTATUS code xC F The guy helping my said he couldn't figure what was wrong seemed to be with the system and directed my here Can anyone help

A:system not responding

Hello,I'm moving your topic back to the Vista forum as Gringo told you to post there being unable to find anything malware related.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331107/trojanwin32ofilcam/Unfortunately, I am unable to assist you myself as I am unfamiliar with the VISTA OS. It may be in your best interest to reformat and reinstall.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333865/system-not-responding/
Relevancy 43%

About 30minutes after using my laptop, it gets really slow and everything is not responding. I have to force shut down my laptop. I can't click anything at all. Whenever I'm playing games, it will freeze and I have to shut down my laptop. Here is my PC Specification http://www.mediafire.com/?ll0jk7n48w8xb9s

Relevancy 43%

Hi I not system responding am about ready to throw my computer against the wall so if anyone can help me I d be very happy When I try to go online the screen comes up blank for quite a while and then finally sometimes works so I can check email etc I use Cox cable s modem and my internet explorer is with Google just like my email When I try to use my Yahoo desktop shortcut it does the same as the Internet Explorer blank I have Windows I believe Office Edition This just started happening a couple of weeks ago It s driving me crazy I actually have to click on my Adobe Media Player icon and sneak my way through system not responding to get online When everything freezes up I do contol alt delete and go to task manager to end the task That s when the microsoft window pops up and says system not responding Can anyone help me Please Sorry if the way I wrote this is a little confusing I am just at wit s end Cox cable told me and walked me through resetting my settings and that kind of helped a little bit but not much They said it was a microsoft issue AHHHHHHHHHHH Thanks nbsp

A:system not responding

Hi and welcome. I'm in Las Vegas too. Hot day today

Follow the instructions in this post to download, install and run hijack this, then post a scan log here.

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/622404-posting-help-read-first.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-not-responding.727285/
Relevancy 43%

system specs i ocz vertex ssd asrock extreme mobo gskill ripjaws z mhz gb ram amd video card from xfx power supply xfx pro w silver my problem is my system randomly crashes and not just while under load ether i quot l be surfing the web playing minecraft bf diablo working with unity or just idle this doesn t happen very often maybe once a week what happens exactly is I am doing whatever then it becomes unresponsive system is not responding while making hellish noise in speaker headphones only way system is not responding to get out of this is to psychically restart aka the restart button what I have done to fix debug this issue ram timing is fine I have disabled hyper-threading doesn t help I have checked voltage and heat all fine I have had task manager and amd open to see what happens to cpu gpu ram when the pc is frozen nothing to be concerned about I have replaced ram from gskill ripjaws x to z restarting windows os I have also tested ssd and hdd s with crystlediskinfo and it says everything is fine I may have done more will edit if I remember something else I have done anyway it s a big problem for me many hours waisted if pc freezes while I am in the middle of deving any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

hi this is rams ,
i bought a dell 1525 laptop in last september..the configuration is (2gh processor, 3 gb ram,vista home premium sp2)

when i perform programs in my laptop , am facing the problem (not responding)

even if i try to close with task manager it is not responding ...and there are no viruses so far...am using kaspersky anti virus software...

this problem mainly occurs mainly when am playing games...
please give me a solution as soon as possible....

A:my system is not responding

hi try reading this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-system-is-not-responding-346808.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am working with a system running Windows 2000 on a Dell Inspiron 5000e laptop. The unit is operating very slow and various applications are sporadic with the time it take to open and operate. In one instance IE will open within a few seconds and another time it will take up to a minute.

I have attached the HJT log for review.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-responding-slow.722538/
Relevancy 42.14%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes D Windows system taskeng exeD system My not properly is responding Windows system Dwm exeD Windows Explorer EXED Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeD Windows System hkcmd exeD Windows System igfxpers exeD Windows system igfxsrvc exeD Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeD Windows System mobsync exeD Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeD Program Files My system is not responding properly Microsoft Visual Studio Common IDE devenv exeD Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeD Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeD Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeD Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeD Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil f exeD Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeD Windows system DllHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - - - - - - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - D Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds D Windows system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence D Windows system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig quot D Windows system msconfig exe quot autoO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot D Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG D Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res D PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - D Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - D Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - D PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - D PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - D PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLLO - Gopher Prefix O - DPF F D - C - C -AC E-D B A F JuniperSetupClientControl Class - https ssl schneiderpartner ch dana-cached SetupClient cabO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip AE - A- F - -B D D E B NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip AE - A- F - -B D D E B NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip AE - A- F - -B D D E B NameServer O - Protocol grooveLocalGWS - FED C-F CA- -A - CB B CD - D Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveSystemServices dllO - Protocol skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - D PROGRA COMMON Skype SKYPE DLLO - SharedTaskScheduler Windows DreamScene - E D -A - B - F-E F D C - D Windows System Dream... Read more

A:My system is not responding properly

Thanks for your patience. The forums have been flooded with requests and the volunteers have been working as time permits. If you are still in need of assistance, please post back a fresh HijackThis log. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179823/my-system-is-not-responding-properly/
Relevancy 42.14%

Right after i startup my computer there is a 2 minute period where I cannot start up any programs and some of the programs that start up with the computer dont initialize. After a while i here this noise in the computer that sounds like its coming from the harddrive or something and then all the programs start running and any program that i tried to start begins working as well. Anyone had this problem before cus i have no clue what it is.

A:system not responding right after startup

Often happens when the number of files in a directory get excessive, or the number of directories get large.

The sound is hard drive activity as Windows Explorer indexex the files to allow it to operate, I believe.

Lot of files on the hard drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-not-responding-right-after-startup.324659/
Relevancy 42.14%

running xp professional sp3.

just had a blue screen. on restart, checked msconfig and saw an entry on startup for "dumprep 0-k" unclicked it and restarted.

It's no longer in startup, but i can also no longer open almost any program or folder. Not able to open firefox, ie, most folders, control panel....and most importantly (i think), when trying system restore, the window just barely opens, is blank, and not responding.

any recommendations?

A:System Restore not responding...

"dumprep 0-k" is just a Windows utility to create memory dumps that can sometimes help in troubleshooting blue screen errors. I would re-check that.
Look in Event Viewer (Start => Run and type in eventvwr.msc)
Maximize the screen and look for Errors (the red ones) in Applications and in System.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-restore-not-responding.769142/
Relevancy 42.14%

I did something yesterday and now there are no sound on my computer I did the antivirus scans and there are no viruses There must be something wrong with the registry I want to restore but the restore is not responding when I click on it Also there is a message System Restore responding!!! not in the corner about AVG and Window Defender is turn off but I can't turn it on because it won't respond Also Script Error when opening services msc Event ID System Restore not responding!!! Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date AM System Restore not responding!!! Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User LOCAL SERVICE Computer NC-PC Description The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID - - F-ADA -F F A B A and APPID Unavailable to the user NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE SID S- - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt NC-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt machine-default lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Local lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Activation lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt - - F-ADA -F F A B A lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Unavailable lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt NT AUTHORITY lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt LOCAL SERVICE lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt S- - - lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt LocalHost Using LRPC lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:System Restore not responding!!!

Have you tweaked Win7 any beyond normal system settings? Win7 is already too lean and optimized to stand much tweaking without problems which will almost always result.

Uninstall inferior bloated AVG and install MS Security Essentials which is the preferred free AV around here. It works invisibly with the Win7 firewall. Let MSE update and run a full scan: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Then install Malwarebytes, update and run a Full Scan: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Update your Sound driver in Device Manager. Try auto update. You may have newer drivers cued in optional Windows Updates, or else import the driver from Support Downloads webpage for your computer or sound device model.

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If this fails run a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/129948-system-restore-not-responding.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hi every so offend my system will stop responding it stops responding system starts again a few secs later but now when i play movies its telling me am system stops responding missing some ac filter tryed installing them but cant get it to work DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Zanarkand at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x CinemaNow CinemaNow Media Manager CinemanowSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe J Mozilla Firefox firefox exe J Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Zanarkand Desktop dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt e d- - fd- c - a f - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll BHO DivX HiQ ddec - - cdd- e - dadaa e - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - C PROGRA MICROS Office GR A DLL BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Search Toolbar d -d - -bab -ab a - C Program Files x Search Toolbar SearchToolbar dll BHO IeMonitorBho Class bf e - a - fd -b - b e c - C Program Files x Megaupload Mega Manager MegaIEMn dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Search Toolbar d -d - -bab -ab a - C Program Files x Search Toolbar SearchToolbar dll uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe uRun Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun ... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

My desktop is not responding as it usually does. Takes ages to "think" about an action after it is acted on.
Common to all programs and basically has just slowed everything up.

Are there some steps I can take to get it it working efficiently again?

Thanks
Navale

Relevancy 42.14%

I'm using window vista business. While i was playing Men of war my computer suddenly shut down(many time that i think it was caused by that game). when i turned it on, the computer said that system was not responding and a list appeared that required me to start the window normally or in safe mode. what can i do now? please help!

A:System not responding problem

Did you get a BSoD? If so what info did it contain? As you are new here, I inform you that there is a special section at TS on
?Windows BSOD, Freezing, Restarting Help?
http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu46.html

But while we are here, is your copy of the game legit or pirated? In the latter case, you probably paid more than its price by catching a virus. Start in safe mode and scan with whatever tools you have. To be sure your system is clean, when your computer gets going, follow TS?s 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Removal Instructions:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

If your copy is legit, the number of possible causes increases. There is still a possibility that your problem is due to malware and you don?t lose anything by following the above procedure. But as you are probably anxious to get your system going, you can first try simple, quick actions, like doing a System Restore and if that also fails, load Last Known Good Configuration settings.

If nothing of the above works, your problem is more complex, could be due to drivers, hardware etc, and you?ll need specialized advice in the above mentioned section.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-not-responding-problem.150198/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys I just recently started having a problem with my PC and its bizarre AVG Came out recently and I got prompted to Update So I did and after I've had so many problems its getting really frustrating AVG however is not the culprit I have found though So what happens is this I'm doing whatever multiple things have triggered it it doesn't happen at random though anything from opening Firefox to going to my C drive to look at stuff to playing a game Just happened while playing Sims My computer will lag for a split second then stop responding completely Nothing works Alt tabbing clicking on other stuff trying to open new stuff nothing The mouse still moves and the computer isn't quot locked up quot it just doesn't respond for anywhere from seconds to a minute then it will kick back in and continue doing Responding System Stops what it was doing Winamp is playing music and it even stops playing the music for the duration of System Stops Responding the problem After it starts responding again the music will start playing again where it left off What gives Anyone have any idea what could be causing this I uninstalled AVG because I thought it was the problem After restarting the PC and doing some other stuff to try and recreate the problem it did So AVG isn't the problem I think its a problem with my Hard Drive to be honest can't be sure Once or twice the start up has lagged and normally doesn't Anyway here are some System Stops Responding specs of my computer for those who may ask if it helps Windows Ultimate Bit GBs Triple Channel OCZ Memory PC Mhz x Intel Core i GHz Overclocked to Idles at on all cores BFG GeForce GTX OC Stock overclocked and I have overclocked it slightly more X GB Hard Drives NZXT System Stops Responding Tempest EvO Case if this matters ULTRA CHILLTEC AM I CPU COOLER if this matters Watt Power Supply So ya there are some specs if it helps A few notes- First off it only recently started occurring that is in the last few days I've had this PC since the end of July give or take a few days Secondly It started after the installation updating of AVG but at least in my opinion I have eliminated it as the problem I also recently picked up a Controller and installed its drives and what not not sure if it is causing any problems or not either Uninstalled the drives for it and unplugged it but it still happens so can't be that either As I was typing this I looked again and saw the drivers for it were still installed so I uninstalled them as it finished it did the lockup not responding issue I'm having quot Any Help would be pro according to AVG and Trend Micro I don't have any viruses Spyware Malware cause this maybe Help

A:System Stops Responding

Even though you're not experiencing BSOD's, please provide this information to get us started: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/system-stops-responding-524147.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Tech Support Guy Recently System Responding/Freezes Not my Compaq Presario V laptop was running slow so I decided to tweak- up the system I did disk clean up deleted my internet temporary files cookies and temporary files Finally I did disk defragmentation and registry clean in that order After all these steps My system became very slow freezes and hangs a lot I cannot easily open files in My Documents without the system freezing or hanging on me I always get a quot System Not Responding/Freezes Not Responding quot message at the top of my screen when I open a page or I am trying to open a file in my documents I hear a whirring sound coming from inside the laptop Anytime I hear the whirring sound my laptop freezes As the whirring sound continues I cannot open System Not Responding/Freezes any file or page nor close any file or page Even ctrl-alt-del would not respond to open or close any pageor file A this time when the whirring sound is going on and my system freezes I get Cpu usage Commit charge M and most other times I get CPU usage All this problem started after I tweeked the system up I have Windows xp GB ram and Ghz processor Please help me to rectify these problems and get my system running good as before Thanks System Not Responding/Freezes in advance nbsp

A:System Not Responding/Freezes

Finally I did disk defragmentation and registry clean in that order.

Never ever use a registry cleaner. They're too aggressive and detect some valid registry entries as being invalid, so they delete them. This results in some programs not working and can crash the operating system.

Go into System Restore and select a date prior to the date that you performed those actions.

After the computer restarts, hopefully you'll be back to normal.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The cooling fan kicking in and the whirring sound you hear is normal. If the heat buildup inside the case isn't vented out, overheating occurs and the laptop shuts down to prevent damage.

-------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-not-responding-freezes.795697/
Relevancy 42.14%

Right after i startup my computer there is a 2 minute period where I cannot start up any programs and some of the programs that start up with the computer dont initialize. After a while i here this noise in the computer that sounds like its coming from the harddrive or something and then all the programs start running and any program that i tried to start begins working as well. Anyone had this problem before cus i have no clue what it is.

A:system not responding right after startup

something in the startup folder is holding things up,turn off what you don't need

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-not-responding-right-after-startup-36610.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I ned to find out whether it is my CPU, another component, or HDD ???

When I bring up a browser, IE6, Firefox, Flock, my system becomes quite unresponsive, with CPU Uage History staying at 100% for quite a while, while I do nothing. If I type something within a browser, it stops for a while after 8-10 characters, then brings out the rest in spurts.
This started a few weeks ago with Firefox2. Then I downloaded Flock and it worked fine for a while, as did IE6. Since last week, all browsers have the same problem

My system is a Dell 4100, PentiumIII, 1 GHz, 512 memory, lots of HDD space.

I have no problems with Eudora (E-mail) or any other appllcations. E-mail still works., as does typing and send/receive.

Any diagnostics would be welcome. E-mail me to [email protected], since I have problems using my browsers.

Thanks for any help.
gunste24

A:System not responding while using a browser

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`d like to run a quick check for malware.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.
Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-not-responding-while-using-a-browser.89044/
Relevancy 42.14%

Dear,
My System Not responding after running WMP on Vistax64, why, The circle waiting cursor appears, and nooting respond till forced shutdown, Why?!!!???
Hope to help me.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/144676-system-not-responding-after-running-wmp.html
Relevancy 42.14%

when i open some application like mozilla or vmware workstation, suddenly my laptop stopped responding.i don't know what kind of problem is this. i have already change the RAM, but the problem still occurred. can someone help me?

here is my laptop's spec:

windows seven ultimate 32bit version 6.1 (build 7600)
ASUS X80L
intel core 2 duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz
2.00 GB RAM
(sorry if i use broken english)

A:system stopped responding

Running a Virtual Machine on a system with only 2 gB of RAM is asking for freezes.
Please monitor the memory usage in Task Manager when you run the Virtual Machine.

Add more memory if possible (up to a maximum of 4 gB for 32 bit systems)

Also, I would set the memory on the virtual machine at 512 mB or lower to help stabilize your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/61586-system-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have completed a bunch of Spyware/trojan cleaning and am attempting to take a system restore point on a WinXP Home system. It does not seem to be responding. Task Manager shows 2 System Restore task, both "not responding". Can I cancel the tasks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-restore-not-responding.308425/
Relevancy 42.14%

My computer keeps crashing and then saying the program is HJT Not Log Check Responding-Pls System not responding I have been getting a number of unsolicited emails lately Please check HJT Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon System Not Responding-Pls Check HJT Log exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Optimum Online Netsurf exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Kontiki bin kontiki exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Exif Launcher QuickDCF exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files palmOne HOTSYNC EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Outlook Express MSIMN EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE POWERPNT EXE C WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings Mom Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE RENDM hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS notepad exe C Documents and Settings Mom Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE RENDM hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www optonline net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dellnet com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO ZIBho Class - CA C- C - a -A C - F F CB - C Program Files Kontiki bin bh dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavSh... Read more

A:System Not Responding-Pls Check HJT Log

Move hijackthis.exe to a permanent location like C:\HJT

Fix these with HJT – mark the entries, close IE, click fix checked

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Optimum Online] C:\Program Files\Optimum Online\Netsurf.exe –tray

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WildTangent CDA] RUNDLL32.exe "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll",cdaEngineMain

At your next boot delete C:\Program Files\WildTangent
Get these tools

SpywareBlaster 3.4 http://majorgeeks.com/download2859.html
AdAware SE 1.05 http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html
SpyBot V1.4 http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2471.html
MS AntiSpy - http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-fca2f2c6f0cc/MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe (XP and W2K only)

DL them (they are free), install them, check each for their
definition updates and then run AdAware and Spybot, fixing anything
they say.

In SpywareBlaster - Always enable all protection after updates
In SpyBot - After an update run immunize

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-not-responding-pls-check-hjt-log.364081/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi this is raj, recently i buy the new system with configuration follows:

DP35 Intel Original Motherboard,
Core 2 Quad Processor(2.4Ghz),
2 GB RAM,
Nvidia Geo Force Graphics Card,
250 GB Hard Disk and other external devices....

My problem with system, it is working very slow even though with high configuration as above mention, it responding or process very slow like reading or Burn the cd or DVD, copy from one media to other , copying files, opening any application, Staring from BIOS to Loading windows and then after selecting particular user it will load the setting very slow and open the desktop. so what's the problem plz solve the problem

Thanks in Advance.......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-system-responding.777745/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello. I'm using Lenovo g40-80 product. I've problem with windows now. I tried many options and find out that my pc need a CD to recover as one key recovery or the novo button menu, system recovery  isn't responding. It appears to a blank black screen finally. I can't use my pc now. HELP ME OUT GUYS.

WP_20160703_18_03_00_Pro.jpg ?385 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/IdeaPad-g40-80-not-responding-system-recovery/td-p/3369263
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

I have instaled MS Vista 64b Home premium SP1 and I have this problem:

and program stops responding

do u have any idea how can i fix it?

thx

A:System program stops responding.

ok no one know how can fix non responding system app.

so can u give me advice for 64b free Virus/Spyware Scan?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-program-stops-responding-298808.html
Relevancy 41.71%

The past couple of days have been very frustrating in regards to my computer I will turn it on and it will be fine but for only a few minutes Then everything will stop after turned of on System not few responding a being minutes responding the ctl alt del will not even work I will have to hold the power button down to force my laptop to shut down My computer will work in safe mode with networking I have searched through your other forum answers on here hoping that I could fix this myself but it hasn t worked I have tried the following startup repair with command prompt -chkdsk chkdsk r chkdsk f chkdsk e - it ran all of them but said chkdsk e invalid parameter - e I downloaded and ran the malwarebytes I pasted the log below I downloaded and ran the superantispyware I pasted the log below I got the link for and on your forum I ran msconfig and turned off all unnecessary programs I thought surely my computer was fixed after all of this but when I restarted in System not responding after a few minutes of being turned on regular mode it did the same thing where it stopped responding after about one minute It will do this in all programs word all internet browsers etc Let me know what else I can do to fix this Thank you in advance for your help I have a Dell Laptop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc VV Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Malwarebytes Log Internet Explorer Royce ROYCE-PC administrator Protection Disabled PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected HKCR CLSID - - d- A- PUP Optional FunWebProducts A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR CLSID - - d- A- PUP Optional FunWebProducts A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR TelevisionFanatic SkinLauncher PUP Optional FunWebProducts A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR TelevisionFanatic SkinLauncher PUP Optional FunWebProducts A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR TypeLib - - d- A- PUP Optional FunWebProducts A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR Interface - - D- A- PUP Optional FunWebProducts A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR TelevisionFanatic SkinLauncherSettings PUP Optional FunWebProducts A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR TelevisionFanatic SkinLauncherSettings PUP Optional FunWebProducts A - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log http www superantispyware com Generated at PM Application Version Core Rules Database Version Trace Rules Database Version Scan type Quick Scan Total Scan Time Operating System Information Windows Home Premium -bit Service Pack Build UAC Off - Administrator Memory items scanned Memory threats detected Registry items scanned Registry threats detected File items scanned File threats detected Adware Tracking Cookie adbrite com C USERS ROYCE APPDATA ROAMING MOZILLA FIREFOX PROFILES SCIP WM DEFAULT COOKIES SQLITE adbrite com C USERS ROYCE APPDATA ROAMING MOZILLA FIREFOX PROFILES SCIP WM DEFAULT COOKIES SQLITE adserver adtechus com C USERS ROYCE APPDATA ROAMING MOZILLA FIREFOX PROFILES SCIP WM DEFAULT COOKIES SQLITE adxpose com C USERS ROYCE APPDATA ROAMING MOZILLA FIREFOX PROFILES SCIP WM DEFAULT COOKIES SQLITE andomedia com C USERS ROYCE APPDATA ROAMING MOZILLA FIREFOX PROFILES SCIP WM DEFAULT COOKIES SQLITE apme... Read more

Relevancy 41.71%

My Sony Vaio VGN-NR S S laptop keeps responding programs) System (all constantly not freezing up with everything not responding I have AVG free edition and is all up to date my most recent scan has found infection quot Infection quot quot Trojan horse Java Agent CO quot quot C Users wookie AppData LocalLow Sun Java Deployment cache - a c quot quot N A quot quot quot I also have Malwarebytes and this will update fine but will not respond when doing a full system scan constantly says not responding so unable to complete the scan this has been going on for about System constantly not responding (all programs) a week now Steps I have taken so far from this forum Spyware and Malware Removal Self-Help Guides my problem isn t in there Full system backup Slow Computer browser Check Here First It May Not Be Malware checked fans and hoover dust on a regular basis defragment the hard drive run disk cleanup Disabled indexing and in msconfig have disabled only programs that are not anything to do with microsoft or the running of the pc but have left AVG Run DDS will include log later when requested Unable to run GMER exe as after about minute I get the blue crash dump screen DDS attached Here is my hijackthis log I know it wasn t asked for but just in case Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta plugin-container exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe -s O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sid... Read more

A:System constantly not responding (all programs)

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397903/system-constantly-not-responding-all-programs/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hoping someone can Help. I currently have a new Hp DV7-4165DX with the following Specs

Windows 7 64Bit
AMD Phenom II N850 Triple Core 2.2Ghz
4.00GB Ram (3.74GB Usable)

I have been having constant problems with the Computer. It becomes very non responsive. Either the program stops responding or I can click on any links Icons etc. I can switch between opened programs but I can't do anything inside them.

I have performed a system recovery and sent the computer in for repair. The Hard drive has been re-imaged and Bios updated.

The problems seem to get worse the more I use the computer. Restarting doesn't seem to help. I have not downloaded any programs other than Google Chrome.

I about to demand replacement If i can't find a solution. This is the newest computer in my house with the highest specs and its about the worse one to use.

Please Help

A:System Constanly Feezing/Not Responding Win 7

Did the new HP system come with Norton Internet Security NIS or N360 trial version?

If so, get rid of it.

NIS/ N360 Removal - http://sysnative.com/NIS-N360_Removal.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/system-constanly-feezing-not-responding-win-7-a-550605.html
Relevancy 41.71%

please help When i open a web page any my computer just seems to stop responding Sometimes I have to reboot and other times if I wait long enough responding stops Solved: system - minutes the page will open this also happens on opening mail Enclosing Solved: system stops responding hjt log thank you for what ever help you can give me david Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System Solved: system stops responding svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files CallWave IAM exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http aol R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http aol R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKCU Run AOL Fast Start quot C Program Files America Online AOL EXE quot -b O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup CallWave lnk C Program Files CallWave IAM exe O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context m... Read more

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

Just in the past 48 hours my computer has developed a mind of its own. It freezes at every turn, system not responding errors with just about everything i do. I'm running a Win 7 Ult., 32-bit, 2 GB Sony Vaio laptop that worked flawlessly a few months ago. I did just pull it out of its case for the first time in a while.

I've tried to repair windows, repair registry, i even ran registry mechanic. I went for a system restore but no restore points are present (which seems odd, as i don't remember turning it off).

I'm checking the event logs and i don't see any "red x", so not sure how to tell what is causing the problem. My only solution so far has been to restart the computer, but then it just hangs again on me shortly thereafter.

I need some help here.

Thanks,
Ryan.

A:Win 7 Freezing at every turn (system not responding)

Download this and run it http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html then run whatever antivirus application you have. If you dont have one this is good http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-freezing-at-every-turn-system-not-responding.957624/
Relevancy 41.71%

I bought Ad Sys Care 8 for protection. Lately about every 2, 3 days it shows problems. I would click on the desktop emblem showing the red angry face which means malware detected. Usually it pulls up a screen with a circle and scans. Then shows notice--fix problems, I click on it and they get cleared.
But tonight nothing happens when I click on the emblem. Help

A:Advance System Care 8 not responding

Using IObit Advanced SystemCare and similar type programs is a good way to "trash" the Windows operating system and wreak havoc with a computer.

My colleagues have explained it in more detail.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advance-system-care-8-not-responding.1139308/
Relevancy 41.71%

I built this system a year ago specifically for Windows Vista I installed Windows bit a couple days ago There were no issues during the install Everything was detected and I had absolutely no conflicts after installation Smooth fast and wonderful Now for the issue I was sitting here watching TV not looking at my screen I'd say about - minutes went by I reach over during a commercial break to grab my mouse and nothing was functioning The download I had going that was open in the middle of my screen was stopped the keyboard wouldn't function the mouse wouldn't move nothing I had to manually power off the system When I turned it back on the computer would not POST I had to unplug it plug it back in and wait about minutes before the system would post Bios defaults loaded and then system booted Responding System Entire Stops I woke up this morning and the system was dead again I had to power it off and again it would not boot I had to unplug it and wait awhile About minutes later while in windows I moved my mouse cursor and automatically the system locked again I had to reboot and this Entire System Stops Responding time the system booted up without my having to unplug and sit I locked the computer and went to work I just got home about minute ago turned on my monitor and could not type in my password to log back in once again it was dead Power cycled and it booted up fine again Now on one hand this sounds like hardware issue then on the other hand it sounds like a software issue or a combination of both However Entire System Stops Responding I am reluctant to go the hardware route because when its working its working great and up until Saturday I've been running Vista Ultimate for the past year without single issue even remotely close to this problem I figured maybe Windows turns on power saving options that Vista didn't So I went in and turned off sleep hibernate options and what not I don't know if that will be the fix or not or if anyone else has already ran into this and fixed this another way If I'm the only one having this problem among Windows users then I'm even more confused Thanks all

A:Entire System Stops Responding

No problems here, but it does sound like Hardware especially when you say it wont post, have you been overclocking at all in the last year and have you done any memory diagnostics to check for bad RAM or possibly even the PSU might be the problem. I think the best way to find out if it is Windows 7 causing the problem would be to install another OS and see if you are still having issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/1951-entire-system-stops-responding.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Don't know whats going on with my computer. Working on Vista about 7 years old. I have had Google chrome downloaded as my browser, but it has been giving me fits and not responding. I have installed and uninstalled it several times to see if I can get it to work. I am not real savy with computers. I tried to system restore to yesterday morning and it did not work. I have ran a virus scan and the computer is clean. I go to facebook quite a bit and play games. I am even starting to have problems with internet explorer not working. Was using chrome because it was a faster browser the internet explorer, but I don't know what to do to clean up my mess. Hope there is something I can do. Any suggestions. Thanks for your help. Wish I had explained this better....

Relevancy 41.71%

I really wonder what's happening to my PC.

It's been couple of days now.

The system simply just stopped responding totally even the mouse cursor isn't moving at all.. it's like the whole screen is stuck and no BSOD is happening etc..

Can I know what's the cause of this exactly?

Windows corruption going or...

If im playing a clip half-way through it will just crash at the scene clip with a bizarre sound but no BSOD was prompt.

A:Windows 8 System stopped responding

What brand of PC is giving you the problem?
.:.
I am having issues with an HP p6-2317c PC which you may have experienced before the system stopped responding. 
The HP is operating poorly with mainly the system.exe taking up memory and processor.  Though virsus and malware scans find and clean the system, the issue remains.  I'm working through guides on BleepingComputer.com.  The main things I wonder if your system showed are:
1)  Opening the CONTROL PANEL causes the Windows Desktop to disappear.  After a time, the desktop returns, yet Control Panel is closed and any Explorer windows are also closed. 
2)  Window Update is unable to install all updates.  Which ones are on a note not here and now trying to open UPDATE causes the system to act as it does when openning the CONTROL PANEL.
3)  For some reason the "Read on Enter" option was set to on in Windows Excel.  To turn this on you must add the command to the Quick Access Bar.  Unfortunatley when submitting after selecting new commands to be added to the Quick Access Bar, only the default icons are left on the bar.  Additonal icons in the Quick Access drop down selection are able to be added but using the More Commands causes the Quick Access Bar to revert back to the default each time.
Sorry I do not know exactly what is happening with your system.  If anything sounds familiar, let me know. 
If it doesn't, try using a mouse and keyboard attached to the system. 
If still no response, are connect a keyboard or mouse that is not a USB if able.  Just incase the motherboard is having issues with USB connections.
Finally, are you able to get into the BIOS screen? 
This is usually done by hitting F1 or ESC or F12 keys.  The correct key to hit depends on your motherboard.  Anyone helping will want to know if you are able to get into the BIOS Settings screen. 
Opps, more. 
What system are you running? 
What version of Windows 8 OS? (8 or 8.1)
Which update was last installed successfully?
Any new software installed within the week before the issue?
I do hope someone is familiar with what is occuring with your system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543786/windows-8-system-stopped-responding/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I am in dire need of help at this moment in time My laptop has gone from adequate system response to extremely irratic and non responsive in the past week I would not ordinarily post to a tech site with system response issues but this time I really need some help figuring out what is causing the laggard performance I use this laptop for college classes and some surfing along with some excel and word Nothing much else and I try to keep it as lean and clean as I can possibly manage Laptop is HP p Windows os Norton Antivirus premium MBAM premium antispyware I uninstalled AOL computer check up which worked well for a few days then I believe the issues started to appear It was eventually uninstalled and system performance seemed faster but now help responding/hanging please not System forever, periodic hangs and non responses are the order of the day Really really annoying to find that everything takes approx to seconds to actually respond That is from opening an excel spreadsheet to closing a web window Sometimes nothing happens and I resort to restarting my system Lets see if we can figure these niggling issues out before taking it to my local pc tech Any assistence is very appreciated Gerry

A:System not responding/hanging forever, please help

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597430/system-not-respondinghanging-forever-please-help/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys I'm coming by here because I'm at my wits end right about now I've been having this problem ever since I've had this computer Originally out of the box my Gateway laptop was blue screening on me I took it for servicing turned out (not system lock and Persisting responding) up to be a corrupted video card Had it replaced stopped blue screening But it would still lock up on me I've taken it in for a few repairs since then fixing the charger port replacing the internal fan but the tech guys haven't found a problem with the freezing that they can fix Here's what I'm dealing with Windows Vista Home Premium bit - Service Pack Memory GB Processor Intel R Core TM Persisting (not responding) and system lock up Duo CPU t GHz Hard Drive GB about GB free on average Anti-Virus Norton provided through comcast currently not working because comcast is having technical problems with it But that's a recent problem and doesn't have anything to do with this Also use Spybot amp RAM Booster I use AusLogics Disk Defrag and Resitry Cleaner on occassion I also back up my system onto an external hard drive every couple of weeks or so incase this sucker ever just flat out crashes on me Anybody have any possible solutions I'm willing to give just about anything a shot I'm having to reboot my computer due to freezes several times a day and I know it's doing it's damage Please help one and all PS - Things I've learned Gateway makes crappy laptops Comcast are not just incompetent idiots they are pure evil Circuit City's backrupcy was due to the hand of God

A:Persisting (not responding) and system lock up

please follow these instructions- BSOD posting instructions
Yes i know you do not have BSOD, but the info could be helpful. (i can't analyze the outputs of these dang things, but someone else will)

Also, DO NOT use registry cleaners, they do more harm than good.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/persisting-not-responding-and-system-lock-up-491908.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,
Operating Win XP Home SP1. Recently noticed system tools not responding, ie :-

Not able to create new restore point, and all previous saved restore points deleated.
Disk Defrag also not responding although Drive C: is 38GB Free.
Scandisc also not responding.

Avast Antivirus picked up WIN32 "Trojan-gen has been found in Windows\system32\msliksurcredo.dll" file & msliksurdns.dll file (08/09/08)
Transfered Trojans to chest & deleated.

Please find attached Hijackthis log file and advise; Not sure if Trojans are still in the system, or the registry has been corrupted over time.

Relevancy 41.28%

Recently i have started to face this issue on my lenovo y p I was using windows then and for the is Microsoft windows and responding.... system not freezes first Microsoft windows is not responding.... and system freezes time my computer get freezed and Microsoft windows is not responding.... and system freezes the error pop up Microsoft Windows The application is not responding The program may respond again if you wait Options END PROCESS or CANCEL' I thought there must be some issue and error will go away but to my surprise this error start to pop up regularly after using my laptop for - mins my system get freezed to get over this issue either i have to wait for next mins until this dialog box will close or i have to shut down my laptop by pressing power key Second issue that i start to facing after this is when system restart or start sometime i used to get this error quot UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME quot system when restart automatically and after - try system get started This error is not persistent it appers sometimes When this freezing issue become regular i thought there must be some issue with windows so from my end i did following things i Upgraded my laptop to windows issue was still there ii Used lenovo one key recovery and set my laptop to initial position which was windows issue was still there iii Again upgraded to windows and windows and issue was there in both again iv Finally i downloaded a windows IOS file from official windows website and format all my drive and did a clean install of windows problem still persists Someone please help me regarding this how to solve this issue and what are the possible reasons for this issue

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/44663-microsoft-windows-not-responding-system-freezes.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I am using Panda Anti Virus (2008 but updated to 04/01/09). my installed Printer is an HP 1006. My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1. When I run the virus scan, even the online version, Panda stops responding on one of the HP files. I can get about 50,000 to 7000 files in.

How can I possibly correct this I haven't been able to do a full virus scan for days.

DavidNH

A:Trying to run virus scan system stops responding

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/trying-to-run-virus-scan-system-stops-responding-362307.html
Relevancy 41.28%

taken many steps. have MBAM on laptop. windows vista. avg fee. windows defender. done auto runs elimination. defrag, disk clean up. A few days ago I goto the blue screen, dumped memory..would only start in save mode. said that mmc stoped working...not sure exactly what it said though. here's my logs. I did post in the am I infected forum...then realized shouldve posted here.

A:Iex not responding, system crashed....still slow response from ie8

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284011/iex-not-responding-system-crashedstill-slow-response-from-ie8/
Relevancy 41.28%

When I right click on the desktop to refresh it, my system hangs and the right click menu pops up not before a minute.

This slow response has come up after I installed Xteq Systems X-Setup (http://www.xteq.com) Version 6.3 and thereafter everything on my system now is responding very slowly.
Even the System Restore is unable to restore my system to a restore point created earlier.

Please help to restore and boost my system's original speed.

Relevancy 41.28%

Laptop  computer froze while streaming a HD YT scary campfire  story video at the scariest moment and the keybord responds after reboot only until I select the mode. Once the system is up, my apps run on startup, however, the keybord and the touch pad are not responding. Rebooted several times, tried safe mode too and the issue persists. I don't have a mouse on me... the support team will answer in 24 hrs 'cause its Sunday and no shops are open. what is causing it and what are my options other than the system restore (if that's at all possible considering the safe mode unresponsiveness)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/touch-pad-and-keybord-not-responding-system-up-nd-running/td-p/5817412
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys My HP has been acting up quite a bit lately -- I ve run just about all forms of cleanup AVG virus scans disk defrag and clean-up driver recovery clean up files etc but nothing seems to be solving the issue Programs will constantly freeze particularly irritating when typing notes in my courses both Mozilla and Office programs alike Scrolling typing opening programs etc takes far more time than necessary The real problem lately however has been the issue I face when I put my to sleep Upon startup the screen will remain black and simply shut down the computer Of course when I turn the computer back on I get the quot Windows did not shut down properly quot screen and go from there I ve also noticed that my drive activity light is always on If you need me to run any logs I will go ahead and do that for you I really need help with this -- it s becoming a problem keeping me from doing my work for my college courses Thank you very much nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

P machine Gigabyte motherboard GB ram Windows XP home SP Audigy soundcard Nvidia GForce graphics card Got hit with Virtuamonde trojan Ran a barrage of scans with Trojan Hunter Spybot Search and Destroy Panda Anti-Virus Adshampoo Firewall yes a mixed bag Even ran Hitman Pro overnight Eventually (XP system) not report - constantly Applications responding got system to a usable state although not fast and it ran reasonably well for about a week then it really slowed up again Problem is how to verify if my system is truley clean and to establish what (XP system) Applications constantly report - not responding damage to system files etc has to be addressed Currently IE and other running programs halt task manager shows them to be not responding (XP system) Applications constantly report - not responding but given time they resume another click on the program window starts this not responding cycle again Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C (XP system) Applications constantly report - not responding WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe D Software Anti Virus HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - E D- A - E - D-F D D C - no file O - BHO no name - AEF B-C - E-AE - AAEBD A - no file O - BHO no name - DC - EF - -BF E- D F A F B - no file O - BHO no name - E FF A- DC - B -ACA -F BD BF BF - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - FBC - F F- E- BE - DACC - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - D C - B B- DF-ACCB- C B C - no file O - BHO no name - D A - A B- F - - AFFAFC FF - no file O - BHO no name - F C CD- D- B - FA- A AB - no file O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Ashampoo FireWall PRO quot C Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo FireWall PRO FireWall exe quot -TRAY O - HKLM Run DiskeeperSystray quot C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe quot O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run ISTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe quot O - HKLM Run VirtualCloneDrive quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe quot s O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run AnyDVD C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe O - HKCU Run CTSyncU exe quot C Program Files Creative Sync Manager Unicode CTSyncU exe quot O - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t Use... Read more

Relevancy 41.28%

Alright, so here's the problem. I just recently got this computer and plugged it into the VGA port and the sound wouldn't work. I plugged Logitech External Speakers into it and the computer didn't even acknowledge that it was there. I plugged in Headphones to see if those worked and they didn't aswell. I asked the guy who I got the computer from and he said that it (sound) would work when plugged in using HDMI. So I did that and the sound does work, but only through the TV speakers. It still doesn't acknowledge the speakers or the headphone s when plugged in. So I wen t and grabbed some other speakers I had and tried those and It still didn't recognize the speaker. My question is: How Do I Get My Computer To Recognize My Speakers? Any help would be much appreiciated. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/External-Speaker-Jack-and-Headphone-Jack-Not-Responding/td-p/5738526
Relevancy 40.85%

I use Windows after responding few minutes System starting Solved: a stops Vista Home Edition on my laptop which is years old and has never given me serious problems since I ve Solved: System stops responding a few minutes after starting owned it I did not install any new software recently About a week ago my computer began to lock up about minutes after I start it I can move the cursor but it has the blue quot waiting quot circle and does not respond to Solved: System stops responding a few minutes after starting clicking or using key commands including Control Alt Delete The only way I can get out of it is to press the power button to shut the whole thing down When I start it up again I am given the option of starting it in Safe Mode The locking up problem does not happen in safe mode but it consistently happens if I try the regular mode again So far I have tried a standard AVG scan and using a TDSS Killer download to look for rootkits Neither of these yielded any results I have talked to two Microsoft Tech Support people but they seem much more interested in selling me the service plan instead of solving my problem Any advice would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Acer Aspire 5742-7120. Windows 7, Service Pack 1. Firefox started in "not responding" mode. Very difficult to close... takes several attempts to stop the process in File Manager. Even File Manager goes unresponsive for extended periods. Then system takes up to an hour to respond to a reboot or shut down command. Uninstalled/reinstalled Firefox. Functioning, but slowly -- this time. Explorer and Chrome also a bit slow.
Above Firefox failure and system reboot glitches, including very slow loading from Welcome screen to an unresponsive Desktop, have occurred multiple times. Have had system up in apparently fully-functioning mode, entering and exiting sleep mode, and rebooting successfully, and then, unexpectedly back in the glue. Limping along fairly well just now...
MalwareBytes full system scan (with up-to-date database) completed with no problems detected.
Is this the right forum, or should I be in Malware/Viruses, etc.?
Thanks for any suggestions!

A:Firefox not responding, slow to close, system hang...

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424570/firefox-not-responding-slow-to-close-system-hang/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi!
I'm running windows xp with service pack 2. Sometimes when I open a folder the system hangs and all open folders stop responding and I have to open the task manager and end one of the folder tasks, which closes all the folders. If i open the folder again it seems to work fine.

Any ideas? What would you need to see to figure it out?

I'm on a Athalon XP 3200+ 512mb ram.

Thanx!

A:WinXP folders sometimes stop responding and system hangs...

any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-folders-sometimes-stop-responding-and-system-hangs-37486.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Greetings I ve recently experienced some problems with my Gateway CX X laptop These are the symptoms that I have noted The touchpad windows scroll doesn t seem to work in Internet Explorer Internet Explorer stops responding No hard drive activity specifically the hard drive light does not light up Mouse still seems to work All other programs will not respond A couple of times that this has happened pressing crt alt del produced a black screen and a dialogue box with the heading Logon Process has failed to create the security options diaglog quot System event log shows at the time of the problem an Event ID A timeout was reached milliseconds Stop Hard Responding Activity Drive No System while waiting for the Roxio Hard Drive Watcher service to connect My thoughts are either my hard System Stop Responding No Hard Drive Activity drive is failing or I ve manage to be infected with some sort of malware I ve googled the Roxio error message that I m receiving and found this site and the suggestion to run Combofix Which I did attached is the log System Stop Responding No Hard Drive Activity file from Combofix Any suggestion ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp ComboFix txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:System Stop Responding No Hard Drive Activity

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298277/system-stop-responding-no-hard-drive-activity/
Relevancy 40.42%

Having some very odd behavior on my computer Programs are slow to respond and sometimes stop responding for several seconds There s also a little hiccup effect that makes everything stop responding even the cursor stalls for about half a second every seconds This seems to correspond to little jumps usually between and in CPU usage that show up in the Performance tab of Task Manager I have the HJT log and the DDS logs but I don t have a GMER log because hiccups, programs responding... system Slow stop performance, it seems that I can t get through a GMER scan without bluescreening and autorebooting The Slow performance, system hiccups, programs stop responding... bluescreen refers to nvstor sys Thanks in advance for any help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc TT A CN A Slow performance, system hiccups, programs stop responding... F TM Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Freecorder FLVSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Users ookami Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll R - URLSearchHook Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFree dll O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFree dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA Spybot SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcie... Read more

A:Slow performance, system hiccups, programs stop responding...

3rd day bump. I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-performance-system-hiccups-programs-stop-responding.996675/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have Windows seven alien ware on my pc and my g3 hauwei modem continues to give me the message error 31: a device attached to the system is not functioning. when i try to connect

A:Huawei 3G modem error 31: A device attached to the system is not responding

Error 31 means that Windows can't load the 3g modem driver. Are you running Windows 7 64-bit? What is the model number of the hauwei modem? Please be aware that there might not be a hauwei modem driver available for Windows 7...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huawei-3g-modem-error-31-a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-responding.163138/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a brand new Dell XPS8500 running Win7 Ultimate x64. When trying to play online games, I keep getting this message:

Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

The browser (Chrome) freezes up, the screen goes black, the error message pops up, the browser goes completely white and I have to go into task manager and kill it.

I tried getting a screen shot but could not.

Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @3.40GHz
16 GB RAM

Any advice would be helpful...as I said, this is a brand-new system.

Thanks--Joe

A:Display driver stopped responding and has recovered-brand new system

Welcome!

Have you gone to the Dell support site and downloaded and installed the latest AMD display/graphics drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/263798-display-driver-stopped-responding-has-recovered-brand-new-system.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My sys Win bit Prem Home Ed AMD Phenom II X ASUS M A T-M socket AM mobo X GB Corsair memory TB Seagate Barracuda Green HDD built Aug by little ol' me My problem Screen will freeze right after logging into user no New BSOD, not "___is 10. ID responding' system, but frequent Event account it will also freeze when we are in the middle of something online or off line Grrrr This happens more frequently to my husband non-administrator then to me administrator We try to go through normal shut down procedure and wind up having to force shut down Sometimes we even have to purposefully crash it unplug the tower When I check the Event Viewer I see over events since Aug Event ID seems to proceed New system, no BSOD, but frequent "___is not responding' Event ID 10. each instance of freeze This is just one of about different errors and warnings I'm finding in my Event Viewer Someone said to boot up in Safe Mode find the quot c windows system wbem repository quot folder and delete it contents then reboot normally twice But he was talking about Vista My husband is upset since we've spent close to a grand on this machine I am confused to say the least and will appreciate any constructive help you can give Thanks

A:New system, no BSOD, but frequent "___is not responding' Event ID 10.

Also, (in case this is important) I have Avast!, Spybot, AdAware & ccleaner installede on my system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258025-new-system-no-bsod-but-frequent-___is-not-responding-event-id-10-a.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello I have recently started having the following several problems with my cpu Windows Explorer Internet Explorer and Firefox all not responding When Media Player is running strange noise will occur and screen will go black and I have to manually reboot Here is a copy of my log I would appreciate any help I can get Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C programs Several shutdown. Windows responding, not causing Player Media system Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Several programs not responding, Windows Media Player causing system shutdown. Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files AdwareAlert AdwareAlert exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F F ECBE-D - B -B - A E F A - C Program Files NetZero Toolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl quot C Windows RtHDVCpl exe quot O - HKLM Run HSON quot C Program Files TOSHIBA TBS HSON exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPStart quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Skytel quot C Windows Skytel exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run UfSeAgnt exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe quot O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSyst... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/several-programs-not-responding-windows-media-player-causing-system-shutdown.810960/