Windows Support Forum

Won't boot into windows with 2nd memory slot filled

Q: Won't boot into windows with 2nd memory slot filled

When I populate slot2 with 512mb noname ddr1 I cannot boot into windows, BIOS comes up ok and memory tests ok. This is intermittent but now almost 90% of the time it won't boot. slot1 contains a 1GB kingston pc3200.

With no ddr in slot2 it boots ok and with a 1GB stick (corsair) it boots ok. I guess it was the noname 512MB stick but seems strange it passed all the memory tests (from ubuntu grub loader)

MB is an Asus K8S-MX

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Won't boot into windows with 2nd memory slot filled

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Won't boot into windows with 2nd memory slot filled

hi what happens when you put the 512MB stick in slot 1 and the 1gb stick in slot 2? kinda surprised your running win7 64bit on just 1.5 gb of ram.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/361167-wont-boot-into-windows-2nd-memory-slot-filled.html
Relevancy 74.82%

HiMy daughter had a few friends round when her mum was out and one of them managed to spill beer all over her laptop She turned it off straight away gave it time to dry out but when she turned it on a week later it wouldn't boot and gave the flashing caps locks light nbsp I got her to send it down to me and I've fixed everything both spillage. with boot Won't after filled slots memory bar one problem it will not boot if a memory stick is inserted in one of the slots Its not the memory sticks themselves they both work fine in the other slot closer to the CPU nbsp I took the machine to bits to give it a proper clean and found some 'growth ' around the ringed points on Won't boot with both memory slots filled after spillage. the below image by growth I mean the stuff you find when batteries have been left in a device for too long and leaked I had already cleaned it up before taking the picture nbsp As you can see two of the components look a bit shorted out here's a better look nbsp nbsp As you can see there's also two bare pads where a component may also have been before it got shorted The affected parts are L L amp L nbsp What I'm after is if anyone knows the specification of these parts and if they might be related to the failure of the machine to boot with the second memory slot filled nbsp Or if there might be another reason for this issue nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Won-t-boot-with-both-memory-slots-filled-after-spillage/td-p/5824367
Relevancy 61.49%

I have installed the new windows 10 in my PC, before this i had windows 7 home premium. i have a memory card adapter in which i used to slid my micro SD card and was able to access it when i had windows 7, but when i upgraded to windows 10 and inserted the memory card reader in the slot it stopped detecting, their is no action and i am not able to access it.
Please help
System: Dell Studio 1558 2010-11 Model.

A:SD memory card/ Slot not working in Windows 10

Hi Anandani,
Dell Studio 1558 has not been tested by Dell for Windows 10 operating system you will not find drivers for it. However, please use the card reader Windows 7 driver and install it in compatibility mode.
http://dell.to/1IlNMpd
Please let me know if this works.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19646017
Relevancy 61.49%

invisible finger after the boot Windows Explorer window address field starts to be filled with slashs Just after booting and a Windows Explorer window is opened as I click the address field to point to any of the existent hard drivers C D E the address field starts to be filled with slashs from left to right as if a invisible finger kept the slash field Explorer boot starts the with After window address be slashs to filled Windows key pressed It sounds the standard warning sound as well I noticed that mother board sounds the beep twice as soon After the boot Windows Explorer window address field starts to be filled with slashs as Windows After the boot Windows Explorer window address field starts to be filled with slashs is on and also the standard warning sound sounds a lot of times After the boot Windows Explorer window address field starts to be filled with slashs as to warn about an unknown error every time a window is opened the same happens Under this circunstance I opened Microsoft Word clicked once on the white editing area to immediately start to type the slashs by the invisible finger The abnormal occurrence stops as any key is pressed I suspect to be infected by some kind of virus then scanned with updated Norton AV to find nothing I have not installed neither ran any different software recently the only changes I made was to install a new D V D driver and a slave hard disk in order to have more room Both devices work fine Do you have any idea on what is going on any hint thank you RW

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/after-the-boot-windows-explorer-window-address-field-starts-to-be-filled-with-slashs-387360.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello My computer has been running out of virtual memory lately The task manager shows that the Page File Usage is being filled up fast It starts low when I reboot but starts to fill up within hours Not sure if I have some kind of virus or what I'm posting a log file from hijackthis being filled? Memory Virtual Can someone help me out My computer is running XP Service Pack AMD Athlon MB of RAM Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Virtual Memory being filled? system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Virtual Memory being filled? ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Virtual Memory being filled? Network Monitor WUSB GC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Updater exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C Program Files ESPNRunTime DIGServices exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C hjt hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp ESPN - AE F -AF - C C-B E- DFC FF C C - C Program Files ESPN Toolbar DIGToolBar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run EnigmaPopupStop C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter PopupBlocker EnigmaPopupStop exe O - HKLM Run iRiver Updater Updater exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateS... Read more

A:Virtual Memory being filled?

Hi shizmac and welcome to TSF !

Looks like a memory leak. Run the task manager (press ctrl+alt+del), go to the processes tab, click view then select column and check "virtual memory size". Monitor your running processes and tell us whether one of them has it's memory usage that's constantly increasing.

On the other hand, 512MB of memory may be a little few for XP depending on what apps you use. Would you have the possibility to borrow another 512MB or some compatible 1GB stick to test your computer with and see if the problem still happens ? You'll have to check the motherboard manual to know what ram sticks will work on it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-being-filled-169717.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Thanks in advance for your time and help This post was created per instructions from the following posting http www bleepingcomputer com forums t memory-slowly-usedfilled-until-pc-freezes Problem The computer freezes after being in use for an hour The computer's memory shows a steady climb of usage until it is maxed Operating PC Slowly Memory Until Freezes Used/Filled System Windows Home PremiumComputer Model Dell Studio XPS T desktop Memory Allocation GbBackground Information The machine is my father-in-law's of which I remote access to troubleshoot The machine is roughly years old The machine upon a fresh reboot shows roughly Gb of used memory before slowly climbing to a maxed Gb The current preventative software is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro and Spybot Search amp Destroy Deep scans by the preventative software do not find any identified virus trojan etc DDS com report from file dds txt DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by wdiggs at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Memory Slowly Used/Filled Until PC Freezes Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated B BF E- BB- - AB-A A C A C SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated A EAA- - E -AA B- E E EC SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C ProgramData InstallBrainService ibsvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WDDMService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WDRulesEngine exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WDFME exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv x exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe c program files x teamviewer version TeamViewer Desktop exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearchAssistant hxxp www your-search info search html uCustomizeSearch hxxp www your-search info search html uSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee a... Read more

A:Memory Slowly Used/Filled Until PC Freezes

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
===

Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

IMPORTANT....

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.

How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt
Note:
Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Note: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.
===

Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.

Please run this security check for my review.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
===

Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.
A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).

Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484660/memory-slowly-usedfilled-until-pc-freezes/
Relevancy 59.34%

Thanks in advance for your time and help.Problem:* The computer freezes after being in use for an hour.* The computer's memory shows a steady climb of usage until it is maxed.Operating System: Windows 7 Home PremiumComputer Model: Dell XPS (desktop)Memory Allocation: 12 GbBackground Information:* The machine is my father-in-law's of which I remote access to troubleshoot.* The machine is roughly 2 years old.* The machine upon a fresh reboot shows roughly 1.5 Gb of used memory before slowly climbing to a maxed 12 Gb.* The current preventative software is McAfee or Norton Anti-virus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, and Spybot Search & Destroy.* Deep scans by the preventative software do not find any identified virus, trojan, etc...

A:Memory Slowly Used/Filled Until PC Freezes

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483936/memory-slowly-usedfilled-until-pc-freezes/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey

I got hit with a problem where something loads up audio ads in the background. I have had this problem before and got rid of it by deleting the svchost.exe that TDDSKILLer found, then I had to reinstall the file and it fixed the problem. This time it is different in that the minute I heard the ads starting to play, I cut off the internet and ran combo fix. It found 2 tmp files and deleted those. The last time I got hit with these audio ads my CPU usage was full now it is the memory that is running about 700 to 800. I tried turning off some of the processes but they come back on after reboot. I have run every kind of anti problem from this site and they find nothing. How do I get all these processes in memory to stop?

Thanks for your help.

I am running Windows vista

A:Got hit with Audio ads in background, now netsvcs has filled memory

Hello Rob01 I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions..I would like you to run this program for me.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply..I would also like to get some extra information on one of the files on the computerRun FRST like you did before and Type the following in the edit box after "Search:".rpcss.dllIt then should look like:Search: rpcss.dllClick Search button and post the log (Search.txt) it makes to your reply.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537773/got-hit-with-audio-ads-in-background-now-netsvcs-has-filled-memory/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello hope someone can help me solve this issue Recently I have experienced that my computer C drive has filled up by it self randomly I have around GB free of space but it will fill up bye itself till almost and give me a warning that i have low disk space I went in the C drive and check the usage of the folders in there they were using the same amount of space as there still GB left I couldn't located the space that is filled up Sometimes the free spaces come back when I restart I then use WinDirStat I found out that the pagefile sys and hiberfil sys is using up the space Also the ram does the same thing I have gig ram normally it wouldn't go more than but now up till computer crash. memory and Ram itself filled by Harddrive it would fill up to and make everything freez Harddrive and Ram memory filled up by itself till computer crash. then crash the computer this is all happening recently There is two dllhost exe running and one of them use all the ram till it filled up even if i closed it it will come back again It didn't ever happen to me until last week my friend has to do an online test from a bank and that time I had to turn off my kaspersky to allow it to access I turned kaspersky on immidetaly after she done the test but a few days later this problem appear I am not sure if its virus or just hardware failure I scan with malwarebytes and superantispyware also kaspersky and ESET online scanner they Harddrive and Ram memory filled up by itself till computer crash. all found nothing Please if someone can give me some Idea i would be very thankful

A:Harddrive and Ram memory filled up by itself till computer crash.

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513537/harddrive-and-ram-memory-filled-up-by-itself-till-computer-crash/
Relevancy 58.05%

When I boot up my computer, it POSTs nicely displaying all the POST information. I have Windows 7 drivers set to visibly load and when that finishes, my BenQ XL2420T monitor displays "No Signal!" and I have a blank screen. If I disconnect the cable, I get the "No Cable Connected!" message from the monitor. When I reconnect the cable, the "No Signal!" message appears along with the blank screen again. This occurs with an Asus GTX 580 Matrix in PCI-e Slot 1 (closest to the processor) with a Display Port cable. Moving to the next available PCI-e slot results in a flawless Windows 7 bootup sequence. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I need to enable or disable in BIOS? Any help is appreciated thank you.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Graphics card: Asus GTX 580
Monitor: BenQ XL2420T
System memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair AX850

A:Can't Boot Windows in PCI-e Slot 1

There should be a pci-e setting in the bios. See what it's set to and change if necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/241737-cant-boot-windows-pci-e-slot-1-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

yes or no ?? will this have a bad effect on the computer ?/ any info is appreciated

Relevancy 55.04%

Ok so my SSD boot/programs drive is already near full, shows bar in the red. I don't have any garbage on there it's a new PC.

Anything I can do to clean it up a bit? Atleast so it's not in the red... any garbage that can be removed from Win7 Ultimate 64?

Thanks all.

A:SSD Boot drive filled up need clean up

How big is your SSD? Have you tried the disk clean up utility? Disk Cleanup - Open and Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/99862-ssd-boot-drive-filled-up-need-clean-up.html
Relevancy 53.75%

When inserting memory module on the memory slot it was not aligned properly. When i turn on the power i noticed smoke and i immediatly turned off the power. Removed memory module and half of it was burnt, now my question is the memory slot damaged? Because its slightly burned in the inside slot, could i install a new memory module in that particular slot? or do i have to change the memory slot thats on the mother board?

A:Memory Slot

You are probably lucky if you didn't kill the whole board. The slot is most likely toast. If you were brave enough to try another stick in the same slot, it may not work, or it may burn-up something else. I don't think changing the slot is really an option. Motherboards are not exactly repairable items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-slot.201712/
Relevancy 53.75%

other day my computer made loud long Beeps at Post Google listings said dram problem I normally run gb of ram in a - configuration I removed the card from B and then my system started fine with just one card in A wondered if it was just the card its-self so I placed the removed card into slot A still started up fine with just one card original B card installed in A then I placed other card which was originally in slot A into slot B to be memory bad slot B1??? back to - again back to long Beep at Post again as long as i leave B empty then my system starts fine motherboard manual says i have to have a card in A and B for duel channel to work--- right now i only got gb showing on start up page looked at System Device Manager and found a funny thing no yellow markers shown but -----all my Nvidia nForce bad memory slot B1??? Ware slots bad memory slot B1??? show quot no driver installed for this device quot but under the quot driver tab quot each shows the driver name and version listed driver update wizard for each said quot the correct driver software program was installed quot ran quot scan for hardware changes quot --- found nothing here is list ---Direct Memory Access Controller bad memory slot B1??? High Precision Event Timer nForce Memory Controller listed twice Numeric data Processor Nvidia nForce PCI System Management PCI Standard RAM Controller listed times Programmable Interrupt Controller System Timer all with no driver installed but driver name and version listed under driver tab did go to Nvidia and run their motherboard driver tool downloaded recommend program and after install and reboot no changes is my B ram slot problem a side effect of hinky windows os over time or is it just my motherboard dying of old age power supply old age should i do a complete clean reinstall of Vista ran Repair from my OEM disk which says no repairs needed build data---- P N-D ASUS motherboard GB Western Digital blue SATA HD No-Raid Intel socket Core Duo CPU Nvidia DDR GT GPU OCZ DDR mhz RAM running at GB at present time OCZ watt Power Supply Vista OS i built system in with no major problems until now replaced DVD drive and Viewsonic monitor---both quit working over last few years sorry about the edit have new DVD drive and monitor for awhile nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

HEY GUYS GREETINGS i just joined earlier today im seriously in need of help my friend ask me to fix his pc i tried to replace the memory with mb ddr with his original memory mb and a mb of ram just then when replacing it and turning it on i heard a huge quot beep quot then i immediately shut the pc down then when i check it up i saw i slot, help Fried memory quot black spot quot on one Fried memory slot, help of the memory slot i figured it out its fried up luckily the mobo has two memory slot only one of the slot had been fried i replaced the two mb with the original ones the problems now is that the pc is kinda slow in starting up showing the bios and showing a quot blue error screen quot after and sometimes restarting over and over again i really need your help guys really really need it im counting on this site for any help you can give thanks raj philippines nbsp

A:Fried memory slot, help

You not only fried the memory slot, you have damaged the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fried-memory-slot-help.128594/
Relevancy 52.89%

actually, i was used to a pc with 160mb-ram - which is 32 + 128. now i own a faster one with one single 512mb-slot. but unfortunately, some problems occur: gta3 is collapsing all the time, i cannot copy a normal 1024x768 .tga-image to clipboard via corel (»low memory«) and after watching some freshly downloaded quake3-bots i got the message »low memory«, too. sometimes, even some multitasking surfing can bring me up to fully busy memory - is this a technical problem or am i asking for too much power!? i heard something like this memory-damage would lead to the problems i have.
speaking against it is a rather stable quake3 while in game and a fascinating stable 1nsane played also in 1280x1024 - without any stinky problem.

thanks and regards,
ungua

A:¿maybe my memory-slot damaged?

The memory module might be faulty or motherboard might not support 512M modules

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%BFmaybe-my-memory-slot-damaged.4775/
Relevancy 52.89%

My motherboard just went out on my pc and I was wondering if there is something that I can hook up to my laptop that will let me read whats on my pc memory, kind of a external memory slot or something. I've been searching google for a few hours and I can't find anything and I know you guys always know what your talking about and answer very quickly. Any help would be appreciated.

A:External Pc Memory Slot

Your actual data is not stored in the memory, its stored on the hard drive. And it's very easy to connect a hard drive to any other PC, there are many adapters for this.

Here's a version that simply connects a drive, either SATA or PATA(IDE) to a USB port without any enclosure: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002

Here's a version that basically converts the drive into an external drive that you can safely use that way: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817388017
This one only supports SATA hard drive with a connector like this: http://www.google.ca/imgres?hl=en&s...dsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:28,i:160&tx=102&ty=76

More enclosures to choose from: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=92&name=External-Enclosures

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-pc-memory-slot.1064760/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Tecra Laptop running Windows XP Professional The latptop has two slots A amp B in which you can add MB of memory each When starting Problem Slot Memory up the PC with both modules installed I get the error message quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt system drivers pci sys You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-ROM Select R at the first screen to repair quot I have done as indicated and done a full repair on Windows XP but still get same message I then went to Microsoft Memory Slot Problem com to search the knowledge base According to Microsoft the above message indicates quot This issue may occur if your computer contains a hardware component that is either damaged or is incompatible with Windows XP quot I followed their instructions and it turns out that if I put just MB in memory Slot A the Memory Slot Problem computer starts up fine If I add it in MB in slot B I get the above problem At first I Memory Slot Problem thought it was a bad memory module but if I switch them they will both start up the computer in Slot A when used by themselves So it appears to me that Slot B is the problem somehow Any thoughts or assistance greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I just purchased my computer yesterday. I removed my Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo from my digital camera and was going to download them to my computer. The slot came with a Dell piece. My memory stick is too small. It did not come with an adapter and I have no idea how to get it installed. Any ideas???

A:need help with memory stick slot

It is likely that the two aren't compatible.

What model Dell do you have? The type of adapter that you need depends on what slots your Dell has.

Also - most cameras come with a USB cable. Could you use that instead?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-memory-stick-slot-531472.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Can anyone tell me where the RAM expansion slot is on a MITAC 7521 laptop, I can't find it. DOH!

Thankyou
Darlopie

A:Can't find my memory slot !!!

look at the manual or call the manufacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-my-memory-slot.335960/
Relevancy 52.89%

This is a hardware question for anyone that can help me out. I have tried to upgrade the ram in a dell dimension 5150, after seating the additional ram one of the existing slots containing ram started smoking with an obvious plastic burning smell. I have removed all ram and the burning is still occurring when powering on accompanied by a loud beeping noise. It's clear that one of the slots is melting. Need to know what my options are now. New board, or can this be rectified. Obviously the slot is now damaged and can't be used but there are three remaining. Never experienced this and unsure what has caused it to happen ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Memory slot smoking

Please place your system specs, that way we could help you easier.:
System Info - See Your System Specs

The beeping noise, is it a one long beep? Or is it accompanied by another long or short beep?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288897-memory-slot-smoking.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an IBM T30 laptop which has 2 slots for memory. Which is the primary? I am adding a 512 mb memory module and I want to know which slot should contain the 512 and which
one the remaining 256. BTW, even though I have a 256 in each slot most of the time it only
recognizes a single 256 module. Thanks for your info.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I have a dell dimension 9200 and the motherboard can handle a maximum of 4gb of ram, but is there a limit per slot?

In other words does it have to be 4 x 1gb sticks of ram or can I use 2 x 2gb sticks?

The reason I ask is that I've had lots of bsod and crashes recently and after performing lots of tests using memtest it seems that 2 of the ram slots on my motherboard are bad meaning I only have 2 good ones to use.

Andy

A:Maximum memory per slot?

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, flash cards, SSD at Crucial.com will provide that answer for you.

According to crucial

Quote:
Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 PC2-6400 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/142569-maximum-memory-per-slot.html
Relevancy 52.89%

it seems that the memory stick slot doesnt work anymore. in the device manager there is a yellow question mark and it says that it it not working. i would try installing the drivers but i kinda lost the recovery cd or what not. well before when i bought this, VAIO PCV-RX580, it was using Windows XP Home and now i use Professional. not sure if that makes a difference. im just wondering is there anyway i can get the memory stick slot to work again?

A:MEMORY Stick SLot???

Try updating the drivers from here, search for your memory device.
http://www.sonydigital-link.com/mems...n#ms_downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-slot-35672.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and run Windows XP. my memory card slot recently stopped working. I used to be able to insert my memory card from my digital camera and download my pictures and now it no longer works. It doesn't even show up under My Computer under removable storage. Please help!

A:memory card slot

Put a card in it and:

Look in Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device manager

Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and see if a USB mass storage device is listed.

Also look to see no yellow ? or ! are shown, indicating missing drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-slot.533573/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,my name is fajar from indonesiai want to add new memory to my laptop HP 1000-1b09auin CPU-Z, my laptop have 2 memory slot,but, i can't find other memory slot where is the other slot ?  Thanks for help  Best Regards,

A:I Can't Find Other Memory Slot

Hi: If you look at the illustration in chapter 4, page 52 of the service manual, it appears that the memory slots are stacked on top of each other. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03762978

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-Can-t-Find-Other-Memory-Slot/td-p/5655384
Relevancy 52.89%

My Hp Pavilion g tx did not pose any problems for years But a week ago I upgraded my RAM from to gb The shopkeeper inserted hynix gb nbsp ddr ram So Can Other... one I ram 8gb 4g in to my slot. upgrade memory ram that makes two rams in my loptop nbsp - Samsung Came when I purchased laptop years ago - gb ddr Hynix b ddr nbsp After a week my laptop stoped working Showing it two service center they said one of my nbsp memory slot is damaged and can't be used nbsp So now I had only one memory slot active with gb ram inside it My Question nbsp is - CAN I INSERT GB RAM IN ONE MEMORY SLOT SINCE OTHER ONE IS DAMAGED nbsp OF MY PAVILION G TX MOTHERBOARD nbsp If yes then please tell me - Of what type of ram should I be looking for Sepecification From where should I buy Crucial got gb ram which I can't usePlease reply ASAP nbsp Thanks amp RegardsPrince Soni

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-4g-ram-to-8gb-ram-in-one-memory-slot-Other/td-p/5714534
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been building computers for years and never found a reason for the placement of the memory slots on a motherboard. If you look at a board that uses an Intel CPU, the slots used are1-3 and/or 2-4. If you look at a board that uses an AMD CPU however, the slots used are 1-2 and/or 3-4. Does anybody know why this is? No, I'm not trying to make a better motherboard, I'm just curious enough to finally ask.

Thanks for any info anyone can give.

A:Memory slot placement

'If you look at a board that uses an AMD CPU however, the slots used are 1-2 and/or 3-4.'

refer to the MSI K9N - which see;

http://www.bosamar.com/K9N/review.html

Dual channel with slots 1/3 or 2/4.

Assuming that you installed 2 Gb in 4 modules of dual channel ram and it is used from byte 0 to 2047 linearly, then assuming that the average 2 Gb ram install running XP uses about 50% of the Ram running avg8 (as example), you would get heating in ram modules 1 and 3 and none to speak of in 2 and 4.

Thus, heat separated components and better cooling.

My opinion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-slot-placement.114983/
Relevancy 52.89%

So recently my colleague tried to upgrade the RAM in his laptop, but he ended up messing up really bad he actually broke the only memory slot on the motherboard (yikes!). He asked me to take a look at it for him, and I was pretty surprised how badly he had messed it up (as in there's no way it could be fixed). I told him he might have to replace the entire motherboard, but he really can't afford that right now. I let him know that might be his only option, but I decided to ask here before giving up. The rest of the motherboard is fine; only the memory slot is broken. So is it possible to replace just the memory slot without replacing the entire motherboard? And if so, can anyone help me out with doing this? He does really need his laptop, so any help would be awesome.

A:Broken memory slot

How long can he go without a laptop?
That is a big project. You will need to be a master with a solder gun. Just getting the old part off without melting the motherboard will be an adventure. There are a LOT of pins.

First you will need to find the Brand and model # of the motherboard. You can use CPU-Z for that - it will list the info on the third tab.

Then, armed with that info you will search for the RAM SOCKET replacement. This is where it will get interesting, as the available sources will be in Asia. Shipping will kill you (for a $3 part). And you will probably need some translation skills too.

Your colleague really couldn't afford to mess his RAM Socket up. Now his best bet is to buy a new laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334046-broken-memory-slot.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I was told by Lenovo that one slot will accomodate 1 gig of memory, instead of using 2 half gig sticks. I was also told about something called "memory boost" as an external memory source to increase memory. has anyone heard of this? I want to run PhotoshopCS and need 1 GIG of memory and don't want to get new motherboard(the machine is long out of warantee). can anyone help on this issue?
thanks, JeffB

A:Bad Memory Slot in IBM T30 Laptop

"readyboost" is a feature only available for Vista, where it can use a USB memory stick as an alternative to paging back to the hard drive, it's not really in place of RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-memory-slot-in-ibm-t30-laptop.635364/
Relevancy 52.89%

Where is the memory card slot on the Pavilion 550-126?  The slot on the front does not look like the right size.  Is there a way to get a diagram of the front and rear functions?

A:550-126 where is memory card slot

Hi, Very interesting. The following link shows its specs:     http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04875975 It has 7-in-1 multimedia card readerFigure : View of memory card readerSupports the following cards:Secure Digital? (SD)Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)SDXCMemory StickMemory Stick SelectMemory Stick PROMemory Stick MagicGateWith Front I/O portsUSB 3.0: 2Headphone: 1Microphone: 1and Back I/O portsFigure : Odense back I/O panelUSB 2.0: 2LAN (Ethernet)HDMI: 2USB 3.0: 2Audio: Line inAudio: Line outAudio: MicrophoneI believe it is at the front but where. What is your card ? Is it on the list above ? Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/550-126-where-is-memory-card-slot/td-p/5690390
Relevancy 52.46%

I removed my memory card before ejecting it. Now my memory card slot doesn't work at all. I have done it before and got help on fixing but I can't remember how I did it. It is a readable card and I have tried several different ones so it's not a issue with card itself. The computer doesn't even see I am putting it in. Please help I do a lot of photo's and it's annoying to have find the computer plug everytime I need to get the pictures off.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Memory-card-slot-not-reading/td-p/5789311
Relevancy 52.46%

How can I upgrade my laptop memory? There isn't a memory slot at the bottom of the laptop.

A:I can't find the memory slot to Satellite S70-B-10V

Memory slots on this notebook model are placed under the bottom cover so when RAM modules must be exchanged or upgraded bottom cover must be removed.
Please note: on some notebook models RAM upgrade is supported by notebook owners and RAM upgrade steps are described in user?s manuals document.

I your case such upgrade is not supported and RAM upgrade should be done by authorized service provider.
Generally speaking bottom cover removal is not complicated but you should not do it alone. This will cancel valid warranty.

In my opinion, before you do anything contact nearest Toshiba service provider in your country and ask for help. Simply pick up some info about price and compatible RAM modules.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79831-I-can-t-find-the-memory-slot-to-Satellite-S70-B-10V
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys,

I'm working on a windows vista computer that would restart randomly and get a window exception bsod. I took out a memory module and ran memtest86 with memory in slot 1. Failed. Swapped it out with another memory stick but on the SAME slot on the motherboard. Failed.

Took that stick, put it in another slot on mobo. Passed. Took the other stick put in in that next slot, got the restarts again. Could it be that the memory slot that went bad on the mobo also caused the memory stick to go down with it?

A:Solved: bad memory stick AND slot?

Yes, that could be possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bad-memory-stick-and-slot.1011709/
Relevancy 52.46%

i have a N1996 motherboard with two slots for 184pin memory. i have purchased a new module to slot into the second slot but i just get a long beep then the beep stops, then a long beep again etc.
i have just tried the original one in the second slot(on its own) twice, but still the beep. i have put the memory back into the first slot and it works fine.

any help would be grateful

would i need to change the bios setting, or do you think that the second memory bank is down.

Relevancy 52.46%

1. Expansion SlotWhat is the expansion slot specification for this model as we would like to add a dedicated graphics card with DisplayPort ? 2. MemoryHow many memory slots does it have on the motherboard ?What type of memory is required ?What is the maximum memory supported on the motherboard ? 

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:XC-704 Expansion Slot & Memory Upgrade

Ok, Sorry looking up the model at Kingston and a couple other sites didn't show your computer and seeing I hadn't seen any I was confused. Based on what I have found maybe a Model from other country.  With that said it looks like it comes with 2gig DDR3L Ram and is Upgradable to 8Gig Also looks like yours comes With 1 PCI Express x16 Slot. I am not sure with the PSU and with that slot if you would be able to upgrade to a different Graphics Card. GPU and size of case would put a huge limit on what could be able to fit...  James

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/XC-704-Expansion-Slot-amp-Memory-Upgrade/td-p/392919
Relevancy 52.46%

My Compaq nx7400 has a pop-out tray on the left side, with 4 slots for memory cards - I think ?! I've tried loading an SD card into the tray & pushing the tray in - but without success..... Anyone know the correct way to use this weird plastic tray thingy ?? Thanks

A:How do I use the memory card slot on my laptop ??

Hi, I have a new G72-25OUS laptop, I'm wondering how to use the slot on the left side, that says SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD? I assume its to put a SD card in from my camera to upload photos, do I just stick it in and if so, how do I get it out? I don't have a manual, didn't come with one and can't find info in the help section. Hope someone knows how to do this. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-use-the-memory-card-slot-on-my-laptop/td-p/49651
Relevancy 52.46%

Alrighty I m running an MSI K N Neo I ve had it for a while help. coded memory slot Color so far I ve just been running a stick in Color coded memory slot help. the first green slot Someone got me two sticks of to fill out my system I installed them but only recognized g of ram I checked the manufacturer s site to find http www msicomputer com product p spec asp model k n neo platinum a nice diagram about dual and single channel memory that makes no sense to me I believe all the sticks are dual channel they have memory modules on both sides of the ram if that is how you tell I m not sure All three sticks are kingston value ram they are pc all three work as I discovered after some musical chairs with memory I m currently running the two new sticks recognizing g of memory while I have my original stick in a box Can anyone help me out with the diagram or point me in the direction of something more helpful The manufacturer s website has an online tech support page that is under construction I just downloaded the manual but I was hoping for some easy insight Anything would be greatly appreciated at this point Thanks nbsp

A:Color coded memory slot help.

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=k8n_neo4_platinum

Did you scroll down to the "DIMM Module Combination" and "MSI Reminds You..." and read what is posted there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/color-coded-memory-slot-help.663643/
Relevancy 52.46%

Can i upgrade my 4gb ram to 8gb? How many slot does hp 15 g005ax have?

A:hp 15-g005ax maximum memory and slot

Hi, It has: 1 customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slotSupports single-channel memoryDDR3L-1600-MHz Single Channel SupportDDR3L-1333-MHz Single Channel Support (DDR3-1600 downgrade to DDR3-1333)Supports up to 8 GB of system RAM in the following configurations:? 8192-MB total system memory (8192×1) or (4096×2)? 6144-MB total system memory (4096×1) + (2048×1)? 4096-MB total system memory (4096×1) or (2048×2)? 2048-MB total system memory (2048×1) Source: 3rd manual on the following link, page 2        http://support.hp.com/my-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6545564/model/7169754/manuals and the answers: (a) Yes (b) only one. Page 65 of the manual shows you part number and how to install RAM Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-15-g005ax-maximum-memory-and-slot/td-p/5818321
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi nbsp I recently bought a notebook from HP the HP G with A - processor Inside there was a GB DDR L- Kingston memory module slot with HP u... speed G2 - 355 only Memory on 1600MHz K7H44ES shipped and there are two slots available nbsp I checked with CPU-Z and other tools and it showed a DRAM Frequency of MHz nbsp I added a GB DDR HP 355 G2 K7H44ES - Memory speed 1600MHz only with on slot u... L- Cruical memory module to the second slot and checked again with CPU-Z The DRAM Frequency was just MHz the memory size of GB was recognized correctly nbsp I thought it must be because of two different modules got for testing two other identical GB DDR L- Kingston memory modules and DRAM Frequency was again just MHz nbsp And if only one slot is used with any DDR L- I had available DRAM Frequency was MHz But whenever both slots are used it dropped to MHz nbsp What's wrong Do I need some specific memory modules for this notebook respectively CPU and memory controller nbsp HP Support suggested just that but I believe it's not because of this Perhaps the memory controller is working that way that it drops down to MHz if both slots are used But why should that be With none of my previous notebooks or pc this happened always the memory speed as specified nbsp And Google says that A - has a single-channel memory contoller for DDR L- which would be even faster but instead it runs with nbsp I currently use Windows Pro -bit if this of matter nbsp Cheers

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-355-G2-K7H44ES-Memory-speed-1600MHz-only-with-on-slot/td-p/5801100
Relevancy 52.03%

My printer's memory card slot isn't recognized by my computer. I am running Vista. Can anyone help with this. I contacted the printer's tech support and they tried but said it was a Microsoft problem.

A:Memory card slot not recognized on printer

Welcome sannallett,
Sounds like a tech support answer. What is the Brand and Model of the printer?
In Device Manager under your Printer is there a notification sign?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268942-memory-card-slot-not-recognized-printer.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all I am having a strange problem with my PC I have a year old motherboard Leadtek Winfast K nCR D Pro and a new Athlon XP and new x GB corsair value memory - PC slot issue weird Resets sticks My PC is randomly resetting itself even sitting at the bios screen just as though the reset button had been pressed I disconnected all the drives and it still happens I have installed a new PSU and it still happens This is the bit that confuses me I PC Resets - weird memory slot issue have three dimm slots one black two blue for dual channel If I put either of the chips only in the black slot I get NO problems at all If I put either of the chips only in either of the blue slots it randomly resets this happens whether I have a single chip in one of the blue slots or both chips in both blue slots Obviously when there is only one chip in one blue slot the bios does not show dual channel enabled Is there any difference in the way a motherboard deals with the memory in the blue slots which could indicate a problem with the memory or is it likely the motherboard is dying Thanks for your help nbsp

A:PC Resets - weird memory slot issue

Assuming the RAM is correct for your PC go into BIOS and set DRAM or RAM or whatever your RAM is listed under to Auto, reboot and see if that helps. ALso, make sure that you have the RAM in the correct slots for DDR (probably the two blue as you stated).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-resets-weird-memory-slot-issue.27567/
Relevancy 52.03%

Here s a VERY strange problem Inspiron s w two G DDR DIMMs installed nbsp was up and running when it suddenly turned off with flashing amber SLOT Inspiron Failure? 660s Memory power light and two-beep code indicating memory problem Inspiron 660s Memory SLOT Failure? When power cycled the same symptom occurred flashing amber amp two-beeps Troubleshooting showed DIMM slot was bad Item on p Inspiron 660s Memory SLOT Failure? of User s Manual If either G DIMM card was installed in the DIMM slot Item on p the system would boot OK Both slots populated Flash beep DIMM slot populated with either G DIMM Flash beep DIMM slot populated with either G DIMM Boots OK After quot fixing quot the system by de-populating the DIMM slot full Dell Diagnostics online version were run with all PASS results Memtest passed as well QUESTIONS How could a memory SLOT not memory card suddenly fail in the middle of operation The system was up amp running but nothing was being done on it at the time of failure Did a part of the chipset fail Is there any way to fix this problem short of replacing the MoBo Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19977521
Relevancy 52.03%

I m sorry this is so long but please take the time to read it all because I have already taken a LOT of steps to solve this myself I am an IT Professional and have been Memory locks Stick up unless in is Vaio slot since the s The computer I m having the problem with is mine it has always had up-to-date AV and has Automatic Updates on I check it every so often with SpyBotS amp d or MalwareBytes and it has NEVER had anything besides tracking cookies It has been on a secured wireless network out in the middle of nowhere doubt anyone would hack it with both a hardware firewall at the DSL entry point and Windows Firewall on It has never had a Memory Stick in its slot before now The only removable media I ve ever used with it is a big USB disk for backups which unfortunately has not been done Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot in about months Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot I ve never had Limewire or any other risky stuff installed on this computer I don t use FaceBook or any of the social networking I don t surf any type of risky sites Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot and I don t download anything onto this computer Its the safest computer on the planet The computer is a Sony Vaio K-series laptop probably - years old running XP Home SP and IE Here s the sequence of events as best I recall them - everything is fine I m looking up something boring like outboard motor parts Its supposed to storm tomorrow so I am going to unplug it Automatic Updates are downloaded and ready to install so I choose quot Install Updates and Shutdown quot It does its thing in a normal amount of time no indication of problems and shuts down I unplug the charger and put it away - I get the computer out plug it up push the power button It gets to the WinXP logo with the progress bar underneath The bar rotates around a couple times then sticks I wait probably minutes and nothing ever happens I notice the orange light is on beside the quot Memory Stick quot slot I boot it up in Safe Mode That works I check the logs for the Windows Updates everything appears to have went fine Check Event Viewer for some clue as to what happened nothing Check Device Manager no splats Everything looks fine Hmmm maybe a fluke try a normal reboot again Exact same result hangs at same place with orange light on beside quot Memory Stick quot slot So I boot into Safe Mode and uninstall all of the Windows Updates that have the date on them I made sure I did them in the correct order so all dependencies were resolved Tried another normal boot Nope hangs at same place with orange light on beside quot Memory Stick quot slot OK now I m scared So I go to my other PC the desktop and do some Googling of the symptoms I find one in particular a malware-infested Sony VAIO locking up with Memory Stick light on So its probably malware Since I already have the latest version of Norton AV I run a full scan on the Vaio with that Comes up clean Then MalwareBytes latest version comes up clean Then I reboot into Safe mode with Networking Then run Housecall online with Trend Micro comes up clean Just for S s amp G s I even try their New Beta scan clean Then Kaspersky s online scanner also comes up clean Then BitDefender again clean Then as a last resort I disable NOrton s real-time protection and run Combofix Combofix did not find anything I looked through its logs but have to admit I m not that good at fixing something manually I don t know how to interpret Hijack This logs I always give up before then and reformat But I have a bunch of old software that I don t know the registration keys for so I do not want to reformat At this point I kinda panicked and tried Restoring Windows to a Restore Point on That hosed my IE Windows was unable to restore back to the Restore Point that Combofix had just created - So I dinked around with it reinstalling IE and Java Finally got that working again I had read in the post about the malware-laden Vaio that his booted normally if he pu... Read more

A:Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot

Hello SunBoss

I am happy to report that I have solved the identical problem you describe involving system hang on the Windows XP splash screen and the yellow memory stick light turning on at that point. Similar to your experience I could boot in safe mode but no way to get into a normal boot. As this was a client machine on a limited budget I could not waste a lot of time and contacted the client and got authorization to do a full system restore figuring it would eliminate any software issues (conclusion based on ability to boot in safe mode it seemed reasonable?). Much to my surprise after a full factory restore from the OEM restore DVD the symptom was still there, in fact the restore could not complete because it required a full normal boot to finish the restore. So now I was really perplexed, no way it was software (given that the drive had been fully erased and reformatted), so that only leaves hardware and the memory stick module seemed the likely culprit and on a hunch I tore the bloody thing apart (keyboard, rear hinge cover, and all screws from bottom of the case) which allowed be just enough clearance to get inside and remove the ribbon cable from the memory stick module and presto the problem is resolved and unit now boots normally and I am in the process of bringing the system back up to current standards with all the updates, etc, and have already done multiple reboots with no problems. So I suspect you will find similar results once you go through the difficult task of tearing it apart as our symptoms were identical.

Trust me it has nothing to do with virus or malware activity, it is an actual hardware failure!!

Good Luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235912/vaio-locks-up-unless-memory-stick-is-in-slot/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, can anyone tell me how to access the second slot in my e-system 1511. I was told it was under the keyboard. I can unclip the clips but there seems to be something else holiding it down. I ve looked at the back and can see no screw with kb next to it to indicate that, that is the screw for the keypad.
Appreciate any advice. I have upgraded the first memory. I ordered 2gb and this came in two of 1gb so I am assuming there is a second slot.
Thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

I just recently purchased a 1gb stick of Kingston ddr400 Ram for my pc.

Currently i have 2 x 512mb sticks in my 1st and 3rd slot of my MB. I currently use the Asus A7N8X-D Board. 3 Memory slots total. What would you suggest me to do for the order of my memory or does it even matter ?

Slot 1 : 512mb
Slot 2 : Empty
Slot 3 : 512mb

Eventually going to be 3gb Memory but Im not the best in these types of configurations.

Thanks ahead of time guys.

Relevancy 52.03%

I am using a HP Z400 Workstation Xeon Quad-Core W3565 3.2GHz, 12GB (3x4GB), 1TB, DVDRW, Windows 7 Pro.This the the model with 6 memory slots, so there was a possiblity for 24GB of RAM.  When I populate the remaining slots 4, 5 & 6 with 4GB DIMM, I get errors on boot up for the newly populated slots.  I am unable to configure for 24GB.I did discovered that the DDR3's that I am using are non-ECC.  The system has been running fine with the (3x4GB) setup.  Is the non-ECC preventing the 24GB configuration from working?Thanks for any help you can offer. 

A:z400 - 6 slot memory configut=ration

Yes it is. It is not possible to install standard PC and server memory, I've never seen a system of any brand which supports such a configuration. Officially, the Z400 supports only ECC unbuffered memory modules.However, it will also run with standard DDR3 RAMs, unsupported only means that HP Customer Service won't help you.There are some reports that even 8 GB Modules work, but that's another story, 24 GB runs fine. Mixing different types of memory is generally a bad idea.Use either ECC unbuffered (which is recommended) or non-ECC, preferably six identical modules.DDR3 are relatively cheap, even those with error checking and correction. Good luck  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z400-6-slot-memory-configut-ration/td-p/5571112
Relevancy 52.03%

sorry i like to seek your adivce on the following matter

i am using asus P7H55-M motherboard..i was actually using kingston 2x 2GB 1333MHz ram..recently i added 1 nex kingston 1x4GB 1333MHz ram..it was working fine until today when the com could not boot up..when i check, i found burnt mark on the 4GB ram and the memory slot..

my question are:
1) could i replace my motherboard if it is still under warrenty
2) could the burnt mark cause by the mismatching of the ram..

A:Burned memory slot on Asus P7H55-M

7ryota said:

1) could i replace my motherboard if it is still under warrentyClick to expand...

I guess so, have you ever tried to establish the communication with the motherboard maker yet? Many of them has it own support lines that can provides the RMA informations.

7ryota said:

2) could the burnt mark cause by the mismatching of the ram..Click to expand...

How? Did you actually force it to be seated in backward position? Look closely at the notch of RAM, they can only go one way, and you can feel the pressure of installing the ram if it goes in wrong way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-memory-slot-on-asus-p7h55-m.166579/
Relevancy 51.17%

THE ISSUE Hardware issue A broken memory stick slot on the HP Pavilion n DETAILED EXPLANATION I don t know how this happened anyway but the catch on the second slot tray is broken causing one side of the installed memory stick to hang loose and not snap in or fit securely resulting in Windows not registering or recognizing that there is in fact a RAM memory stick actually in the second slot CONSEQUENCE I now have only one good RAM memory slot ACTIONS TAKEN SO FAR Purchased and installed nd RAM memory stick in the problem slot PRODUCT SPECS Memory Type DDR PC slot Pavilion broken A stick the on 753n HP memory DDR PC DDR non-ECC RESULTS Problem still exists Crucial s online scanner and the System Specs under My Computer still reads like below Memory DDR PC DDR PC Memory Type DDR PC DDR PC DDR non-ECC Maximum Memory GB Currently Installed Memory MB Total Memory Slots Available Memory Slots MB EMPTY SUGGESTED ACIONS FROM TECH SITES A Replace the mother board OR B Replace the MB stick that s in the good slot with A broken memory stick slot on the HP Pavilion 753n a GB stick THE PROBLEM A broken memory stick slot on the HP Pavilion 753n WITH B According to Crucial s com s Expert Online Tech where I bought the extra RAM this pc HP Pavilion n is too old and cannot handle a GB stick because it s basically an obsolete pc the OS operating system will be severely affected causing crashes and other instabiity if you put a GB stick of RAM in a slot therefore it is not recommended to put a GB stick in a slot MY QUESTIONS Is he right I ve received both yes and no responses so far but no definitive answer What other solutions are there What s involved in remanufacturing or replacing the board Should I contact HP to get a price quote to fix the issue THANK YOU All suggestions reviewed nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 51.17%

is the system memory slot basically provided for au003tx is samsung 's 2133 mhz or not? i actually brought this laptop one month ago and am shocked to see the specification tht the memory slot belongs to samsung i can't get to know about that i tried very hardly till now please answer me so that i can do something if i'd been cheatedplease do reply

A:is the system memory slot basically provided for au003tx is ...

@sree_parimi? The slot may have a Samsung memory stick in it but you could install any name brand in it. DDR4-2133 Dual Channel Support (DDR4-2400 bridge to DDR4?2133) Your manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05228250 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-the-system-memory-slot-basically-provided-for-au003tx-is/td-p/5743677
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Toshiba A S running Windows Vista Home Basic the max memory upgrade is X GB which I purchased via no card 2nd memory recongnition Toshiba A135 slot, newegg com and installed When I turned it on black screen and no boot up Basically it will only reconize one GB of memory doesn t Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition matter what slot as long as it is only one I tested both memory chips both work in the computer and in either card slot just not both chips in both card slots What Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition the heck Even stumped the Geek Squad guy at Best Buy he seemed to think it the mother board issue It runs much better on the GB then it did with the MB cha Computer Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition should be able to run both GB card in each slot and reconize about to of the memory if it would run both cards at the same time I did upgrade the BIOS from to as most of the blogs suggested-still won t recognize the nd GB card nbsp

A:Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition

cant find your lappy on toshiba site , same thing happened with me and was the bios update i needed so re check its the correct update
have you tried 1x2gb and 1x what you took out??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-a135-2nd-card-slot-no-memory-recongnition.939718/
Relevancy 51.17%

I purchased what was described as a 'Dell 3588D Motherboard Slot 1 Dimension
XPS-B' motherboard from eBay. It uses Rambus memory sticks, but has 3
memory slots to fill, while every motherboard of that type I have researched only
has 2 memory slots. In addition, most of the Series B desktops I looked into
seem to be limited to 512MB of memory.
Because my motherboard has 3 memory slots, would I be allowed to insert three 256MB memory sticks, giving me a total memory of 768MB? I'm told that you should
not exceed the required limit of memory. Would someone care to comment on my
predicament?

hextek

A:Filling a 3rd memory slot of a Dell B Series desktop

Just try it, it'll either work or it won't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/filling-a-3rd-memory-slot-of-a-dell-b-series-desktop.146470/
Relevancy 51.17%

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

A:Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Brand New Comput...

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket ? you must insert it ?upside-down? in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures ? you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. Well anyway ? everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) ?. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Memory-Card-Slot-Not-Functioning-Brand-New-Computer/td-p/3447370
Relevancy 51.17%

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)
I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:110-151BR - Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Bran...

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket ? you must insert it ?upside-down? in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures ? you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. Well anyway ? everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) ?. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/110-151BR-Memory-Card-Slot-Not-Functioning-Brand-New-Computer/td-p/3447370
Relevancy 50.74%

I was wondering as I've got spare slot Mini PCI-Express free on my laptop if such Intel Card ITM could fit inside This technology is quite not expensive actually The mini PCI-E Memory slot on Intel? PCI-Express Mini Turbo Card is very ease to access under Intel? Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot my keyboard and it just have to be inserted and at system reboot Intel? Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot Windows will recognize straight that card and the proper Intel Turbo drivers It does act like quot Windows ReadyBoost quot amp quot Windows ReadyDrive quot under and Vista so the system will load faster boost the disk cache load faster Apps amp perform battery improvement Work on quot Mobile Intel Express Chipset familly quot amp quot Mobile Intel Express Chip Familly quot - gb RD RB no software pinning - gb RD RB no software pinning - gb RD no RB software pinning Any experience in return or it is just like inserting a SD Card in the Card Reader to Ready Boost See also this Post http www sevenforums com general-d robson-pe html EDIT Looks some of you threads seems telling not bothering about gimmick stuff for geek guy That's just annoy me having spare mini Pci-e slot as i won't install an expensive G card I don't need it either

A:Intel® Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot

Quote: Originally Posted by NoN

I was wondering as I've got 2 spare slot Mini PCI-Express free on my laptop, if such Intel Card (ITM) could fit inside...This technology is quite not expensive actually.

The mini PCI-E is very ease to access under my keyboard and it just have to be inserted, and at system reboot, Windows7 will recognize straight that card and the proper Intel Turbo drivers.

It does act like "Windows ReadyBoost" & "Windows ReadyDrive" under 7 and Vista...so the system will load faster....boost the disk cache, load faster Apps & perform battery improvement.

Work on "Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset familly" & "Mobile Intel 4 Express Chip Familly".

-1 gb (RD, RB, no software pinning),
-2gb (RD, RB, no software pinning),
-4gb (RD, no RB, software pinning).

Any experience in return? or it is just like inserting a SD Card in the Card Reader to Ready Boost?

See also this Post:
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...robson-pe.html

EDIT:
Looks some of you (threads) seems telling not bothering about...gimmick stuff for geek guy!?!

That's just annoy me having spare mini Pci-e slot, as i won't install an expensive 3G card (I don't need it either!)

With 4 gigs of ram any sort of boost program isnt going to help much since it wont often be used.

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/86716-intel-turbo-memory-card-mini-pci-express-slot.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently upgraded my processor amp motherboard from AMD Phenom II X Asus M N T-M Now it s AMD FX- amp Asus M A L-M LX I ran two modules of RAM GB GB on that previous motherboard These are my modules Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB Single Module DDR Memory Kingston Value RAM GB don t know the exact model but it was a Mhz always 2nd DIMM Solved: on Memory slot on is hardware new reserved motherboard module Both modules have the same latency I just had to downclock the corsair module to Mhz amp then they both ran in dual channel mode Now on this new motherboard when I check sys info in BIOS it shows just GB RAM or GB basically it Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard just detects what s in the first slot When Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard I boot into Windows it says that GB or GB the other slot is always hardware reserved Also task manager shows wrong RAM speed Instead of Mhz it shows Mhz And when I really run it at Mhz or even below Mhz it s always wrong in task manager There s another interesting thing happening when I try to change the memory speed in BIOS When I change it amp as soon as I hit enter after F system just powers down for a few seconds amp boots right up This is just my second motherboard amp idk if it s normal but it sure doesn t feel right I m posting this after going through a lot of posts on similar topics amp the solutions are not working for me I even checked for bent pins on my CPU but it looks good As it looks either the RAM modules are incompatible on this motherboard but then why is the speed in task manager always wrong or something is wrong with the motherboard This is what I think but I need your help to make it work I m mentally exhausted now nbsp

A:Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-on-2nd-dimm-slot-is-always-hardware-reserved-on-new-motherboard.1153100/
Relevancy 50.74%

I put a stick in...(256) and macine only counts it as 128...what gives. I was told PC133...would work in PC100 boards. Was I lied to?

Relevancy 50.74%

So in February I ordered my kid an inspiron as first computer Later slot, card 11- per supposed have memory tag it it doesnt service is to inspiron but I decided to upgrade inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt the memory and I called Dell and provided my service Tag Dell told me it had a GB memory card and I could upgrade to a GB card I ordered the card and disassembled my computer to find there is no slot to upgrade After an hour on the phone inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt I find out inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt that what I am looking at is one with a fixed memory module I told them that per my service tag it is supposed to have a slot and be upgradeable They told me there is nothing they can do So I say how bout you exchange this for one that has what I ordered They say since its over the days there is no way to return or exchange I said even though its your fault Am I being unreasonable All I want is what I ordered After a few more calls to India One person finally tells me there is a first and second generation of this laptop Ist gen has the fixed and the second has the replaceable So I tell them that per nbsp Dell tag nbsp this is supposed to be nd generation and therefor it was built wrong They again say quot we have a day no Hassel return quot and your over that Any suggestions folks I m sick of beating my head against the wall with these people

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992563
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I have this odd problem in my Dell Latitude D core duo where one of work D520 memory slot Dell doesn't Latitude the memory slots isn t working anymore Just yesterday the Laptop would not startup but lights on the front panel came on Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work so I suspected a memory issue The D has a slot underneath the keyboard for memory as well as underneath the laptop When ever I put memory in the slot under the keyboard it won t startup I tried various memory known to work I even took the memory from underneath the laptop and placed it under the keyboard because it worked underneath But once I placed the memory in the slots under the keyboard it would not startup I would just get three green lights next to the power key Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work One stayed the other blinked they all eventually stopped entirely Once I removed the memory it would start up I Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work tried cleaning the memory slot with an air can I ve never encountered this before For now I just run with gig memory stick underneath the laptop It works fine I am assuming a motherboard issue Any suggestion greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D520 memory slot doesn't work

Sure sounds like the socket is bad, or the memory controller. You may have to live with a single DIMM in the bottom slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d520-memory-slot-doesnt-work.1103329/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone as far as I knew my pc was running fine I run Malware bytes every now and then to check it out and had no reason to be suspicious of any activity on my pc I was a little behind with my windows updates though and updated my system last night It installed or so updates all with vagues names along the line of 'windows update' I run Malware bytes after the updates found threats and removed them all the only one i can remember was the conduit search engine and bar and have run malware and couple of times since Windows With Update Filled Infections? then and found a couple more threats My steam insisted on updating when i opened it I tried to played Skyrim but the game was riddled with uncharacteristic lagging the same went for Saints Row and I couldn't even open battlefield I would just like to be reassured my computer is safe and fixed if not Any help is appreciated thank you

A:Windows Update Filled With Infections?

Installing updates from Microsoft Update was not responsible for installation other software.Conduit is a toolbar engine installed (bundled) alongside many free applications which allows users to add applications directly to their browser without a community toolbar. Conduit offers a distribution option for Conduit-powered offerings and is used in order to generate ad revenue for the company. While not explicitly malware, it is often installed stealthily without knowledge or consent from the end user and is considered a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP).Many toolbars, add-ons/plug-ins, screensavers and browser extensions come bundled with other free third-party software you download (often without the knowledge or consent of the user). These can often be the source of various issues and problems to include Adware, pop-up ads, browser hijacking which may change your home page and search engine, and user profile corruption.Toolbars and add-ons install themselves in various areas of your operating system to include your browser and Windows Registry. Since some of their componets and behavior are determined to be harmful, anti-virus and anti-malware tools may detect and remove them as Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs).Please download and use the following tools (in the order listed) which will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons and other junkware as well as related registry entries (values, keys) and remnants.RKill created by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), the site owner of BleepingComputer.AdwCleaner created by Xplode.Junkware Removal Tool created by thisisu.1. Double-click on RKill to launch the tool. A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully. A log file will be created and saved to the root directory, C:\RKill.log. Copy and paste the contents of RKill.log in your next reply.Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.2. Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).Close all open programs and shut down any protection/security software to avoid potential conflicts.3. Double-click on JRT.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log file named JRT.txt will automatically open and be saved to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of JRT.txt in your next reply..4. Rescan again with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and post the log. They are automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab. 5. Then download CKScanner by askey127 and save it to your Desktop. <-Importa... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523247/windows-update-filled-with-infections/
Relevancy 48.16%

In the past 2-3 days, my Windows sounds (X-Fi Platinum, ASUS A8N-E, Vista Ultimate 64-bit w/latest Creative driver) are very tinny/scratch/static filled.

I've checked the connection for the speakers at both the sub-woofer (Bose 2.1 system) and sound card, and everything is fine, as far as I can tell. Sounds through the speakers are great once I log into World of Warcraft, but the quality of normal Windows sounds sucks right now, and it's driving me nuts.

Anyone else experienced this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-sounds-are-scratchy-static-filled.72335/
Relevancy 48.16%

Well, I've installed windows on a 8b partition.
And I never install anything but drivers there, plus I use defrag and cleanup regularly.

But still my C:-partition only has 152mb free space.. After disk cleanup, that only found 15 mb..

I've checked common files like Temp and Temporary Internet Files, but I can't find the gigabytes of clutter! And I do have "View Hidden Files" enabled in Folder Options, so it really is invisible!

I'm out of ideas, really. I think I need to re-install windows.. Which has become a "every-three-months' routine"
Could it be a virus or something? Or is this normal windows-behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Nuari

A:windows partition C: (8gb) filled with invisible clutter..

First piece of advice, that you probably know, is that an 8GB HD is WAY too small for an XP installation. It is probably MS updates taking up more space. You really need to upgrade that drive.

Second, there is a better tool than Disk Cleanup, that I use and recommend, called CleanUp!

http://cleanup.stevengould.org

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-partition-c-8gb-filled-with-invisible-clutter-268049.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have the P70 and it has two empty slots for a M.2 PCI-e 2280 SSD. If I install an ssd here, can I use it as the boot drive? Thanks.

A:Using M.2 slot as boot drive for Thinkpad P70

Absolutely. Make sure you set the correct BIOS options to properly set the boot order to include the M.2 drive before pre-existing bootable media.

______________________________________________P70, Xeon 1505 CPU, 64 GB ECC RAM 2 x PCIe NVMe 512 GB Drives, 1 TB HDD, DVD-RW, 4 K Display, NVIDIA Quadro M4000W700 model 2757-CTO (8 GB RAM, Crucial MX-100 SSD + Hitachi TravelStar 1 TB 7200 RPM Drives, Bluray R/W, NVIDIA Quadro FX3700M, WUXGA); Windows 7 Ultimate SP-1, W700 Mini-Dock

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Using-M-2-slot-as-boot-drive-for-Thinkpad-P70/td-p/3322705
Relevancy 47.73%

I just purchased an ATI TV Wonder 650 tv tuner card for my computer, which is running vista and xp. When I try to boot vista, it just stays at a black screen after I select "Windows Vista Ultimate", not even showing the loading bar. But when I take out the card, it works as normal. Windows XP MCE doesn't have this problem

A:Vista won't boot with tv tuner in slot

Have you tried installing the TV Tuner drivers BEFORE you plugged it in and turned it on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-wont-boot-with-tv-tuner-in-slot.554827/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys I just got a used sound card to go on a computer I recently bought pc to slot in allow not all will card pci boot my Sound at but the sound card s not working Here s my problem I knew the card was Sound card in pci slot will not allow my pc to boot at all gateway oem but i thought it would work on my ibm system anyway apparently it won t This is what I know every time Sound card in pci slot will not allow my pc to boot at all I install the card and turn on my computer the computer just sits there and does nothing i e it won t boot and i have a blank screen at that As soon as I remove the darn thing my computer boots normally At first I thought my Sound card in pci slot will not allow my pc to boot at all isa modem and pci ethernet card were interfering with it somehow so I removed them and tried the sb card by itself still nothing though Then I tried the sound card in all of my pci slots yet it still didn t work Now I know all of the slots are working because I tried my ethernet in all to make sure of that I tryed different combinations of putting it in but i gave up and put my ethernet card back in but left the modem out oh yeah my modem has never worked for the months i ve had this computer of course I ll post about that later but do you think these problems could be related I BTW the sound card is a sound blaster live pci I do have the drivers from gateway s website Any insight or help is greatly appreciated from you guys thanks in advance neongeon Also here s what msinfo told me System timer Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard Programmable interrupt controller Infrared PnP Serial Port PNP Communications Port COM free Standard Floppy Disk Controller ECP Printer Port LPT System CMOS real time clock free free Kingston EtherRx KNE TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter IRQ Holder for PCI Steering PS Compatible Mouse Port Numeric data processor Primary IDE controller dual fifo Intel SB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller IRQ Holder for PCI Steering Intel SB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Welp, I overfilled my hard drive with a 30gb mythbusters torrent. Xp completely froze...didn't think this was a big deal, so I did a hard reboot. Now when booting, windows loading screen comes on like normal for about 30 seconds then flashes a bsod for a fraction of a second and reboots. Safe mode also flashes a bsod at me and reboots. Suggestions?

A:Filled my hard drive, froze, now windows won't start

System Restore?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/filled-my-hard-drive-froze-now-windows-wont-start-374922.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hiya I'm Plushieluver so I'm new here I've just joined to ask a few questions about some pressing matters with regards to my new laptop and major issues with Windows on there and such I had this laptop for Christmas so only days ago which is a Lenovo laptop I've been told its a Laptop, Filled Loads of with Issues 8: Lenovo, New Windows very good make so I'm sure it isn't to do with that which has Windows on I have Windows Well ever since day one I have been experiencing many faults with it It's extremely slow and it's really buggy Chrome takes ages New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues to search for anything and other issues New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues with that My internet drops out whenever it feels like it the Connected sign then turns to Limited Skype's extremely buggy My laptop's really slow in general and it'll lag whenever it wants to As it's a new laptop I am certain New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues there are no viruses on it those would have been spotted by my antivirus so I'm quite sure it's a fault with Windows settings maybe it hasn't been installed correctly or something Just it has many issues Not to mention this headache-starting hissing sound that plays whenever any form of sound comes through whether it be a Skype message a YouTube video system sounds I still hear it I've checked if it's my earphones It isn't I checked by using them on my old laptop my iPhone and by trying a new pair Nothing worked so I'm assuming something's going on with the sound or something So could I please have some help advice This is really annoying me It's a brand new laptop with a shiny new operating system which should be working absolutely fine Why isn't it Thanks for your time

A:New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues

hello and welcome to eightforums ,lets start with filling in the specs of the laptop ,as much detail as you can ,even antivirus used and browser install ,thanks ,check link for instructions .
System Spec - Fill In Your EightForums System Spec

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59186-new-laptop-lenovo-windows-8-filled-loads-issues.html
Relevancy 47.3%

SSD 950 PRO in a M.2 slot with Maximus VIII Hero HELP format it as a boot drive..

I have fooled with this all day, trying to install win 7 from flash drive to the M.2 Form Factor Samsung 950 pro WITH NO OTHER DRIVES ATTACHED... I can see the M.2 in BIOS / UEIF setup page..

But when I run win7 install it will get as far as the screen where the drive should be for formatting,, BUT its NOT THERE.. to format.. Any help please..

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128186-ssd-950-pro-m-2-slot-maximus-viii-hero-help-boot.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Got the Dell Inspiron - Standard with gb inch HDD Inserted a Kingston inch HDD works fine Now days later I also inserted a M Sata SSD nbsp Both Disks work But when selectign legacy boot and first selecting the second HDD it does not boot up the nd HDD nbsp It gives an error Will 2nd Slot Inspiron first 15-7559, M.2 over only HDD boot Dell message saying boot Dell Inspiron 15-7559, Will only first boot M.2 Slot over 2nd HDD msgr is missing Tried - Legacy mode Secure mode on and off- Turning back to Uefi mode with secure mode on and off- Legacy mode and all kidns or boot orders When I press F at startup and go to boot selection and select nd HDD there is no problem it boots up my inch ssd no problem Now I installed windows also on my M Sata SSD and this one boots up fine in legacy mode No issues at all nbsp But also now when setting nd HDD first it still boots up the m And once again manually selecting the nd HDD at startup works fine I would like to use the inch ssd as boot device and the M sata as storage I have my reasons for this lol nbsp Can anybody supply me with some advice help Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980882
Relevancy 47.3%

We recently installed an Adaptec SCSI card in the PCI slot of an HP Pavilion computer running Windows ME The SCSI card works fine with our scanner but a message now appears when the computer cold-boots that says quot ERROR Expansion causes SCSI in boot-up card PCI on erro slot ROM not initialized - PCI Mass Storage Controller SCSI card in PCI slot causes erro on boot-up in Slot BUS Device A Function quot A prompt to press F to configure or F to continue appears If we press F the computer completes it s boot-up Pressing F takes us to the system configuration screens but none of the settings for the PCI slot seem to make a difference We contacted Adaptec and their response was that the error message indicates that the attempt to load the SCSI card s BIOS into memory has failed The SCSI card has built-in BIOS code that must be loaded into a section of memory seht the system is started Apparently some motherboards have limited ability to provide this memory space They said we may be able to try other PCI slots shich we don t have or enable an option in our system s BIOS that will allow the SCSI card to have this memory space There also may not be a work-around We contacted HP and we just got a quot form-letter quot response saying try taking out the board and if the error occurs you know it is due to the SCSI card duh They could give us more help for a consultation fee Adaptec suggested we contact the motherboard manufacturer for more info about ROM BIOS utilites Before I go that route does anyone have anyexperience or solutions for this issue Many thanks in advance Doris in Costa Mesa CA nbsp

A:SCSI card in PCI slot causes erro on boot-up

Hi, dreilly

Welcome, by any chance did the scanner come with it's own SCSI card? What scanner do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scsi-card-in-pci-slot-causes-erro-on-boot-up.46201/
Relevancy 47.3%

This is my first post here so be gentle on me Since the symptoms of my problem are so specific and easy to reproduce I figured I would find the answers easily But after a whole evening of searching on Google I have found nothing which can help I have just built my new PC using an Asus M A motherboard and had surprisingly few problems the boot with slot! nothing when working Card in readers not I However today I found that I have a problem with quot card readers quot I have a card reader in my printer an internal Card readers not working when I boot with nothing in the slot! slot one which connects directly to a USB header on the Motherboard and I also have several external ones What I have found is this If I connect the Card Reader to the PC when its up and running and it works it doesn t matter if there is a card in the slot or not I get the bing bong noise The reader appears I see the drive letter and then when I insert a card Windows mounts it and I can view the files If I Reboot the PC whilst a reader is connected and empty when Windows boots I see the drive letters but when I insert a card I get an egg timer in Windows and double clicking on the card letter shows quot Please Insert disk into drive X quot If Boot the PC whilst a reader is connected AND there is a media card SD CF etc in the slot and it works normally The PC boots the card is readable and significantly if I can remove the card and reinsert it or insert another card and it mounts So the bottom line is that I can only get a card reader to work if I connect it AFTER the PC was booted I boot the PC with the reader connefted AND I have a card in the slot If I boot with it empty then I see the drive letters but it does not work and the only way to make it work is via the options above My old PC wasn t like this and I was running the same version of Windows XP SP and was fully up to date It wasn t like this on my old Motherboard so this is clearly something new I have installed all of the latest drivers for this motherboard and have upgraded to the current BIOS and its the same So i am now out of ideas This is such an obvious problem which is easy to reproduce so I don t think i am alone But a search of Google finds nothing so I am more than a little nervous about this My fingers are crossed that someone can help Does anyone have any ideas Jon nbsp

A:Card readers not working when I boot with nothing in the slot!

Disable "legacy USB support" in the bios, and see if the problem goes away

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/card-readers-not-working-when-i-boot-with-nothing-in-the-slot.132587/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Today I put my computer to sleep and returned about minutes later to start it back up My computer's power light and fans came on and tried to start up repeatedly but after the computer tried around five times it made a long beep followed by two short beeps I PCI-E Issue Slot Graphics Boot-up Card/ On looked up Graphics Card/ PCI-E Slot Issue On Boot-up the type of issue those beeps meant for my motherboard and it was a video error I found that when removing my GeForce GT from my PCI-E slot and plugging my monitor directly into the integrated graphics card everything works fine It booted up and had to reinstall the new drivers for the GeForce Integrated but everything worked fine I figured that meant my graphics card or RAM was broken so I took it to my closest computer repair store They tested the power supply to see if it was supplying enough power to the card and it passed They also tested the RAM and the graphics card to see if they were broken but they both passed They told me to either leave it with them for a week or just use the integrated graphics which of course stubborn me chose to take it home for now I am willing to leave it at the store if necessary and I also have a compatible motherboard in mind that I could buy if that will solve the issue but before I make any actions I figured I would take advantage of these forums and hold out on using the different card for a week or so The type of computer I have is a Gateway GT and it is less than two years old I upgraded the graphics card with the GeForce GT the sound card and the power supply to a watt If anyone has had a problem like this or knows how I can diagnose my issue please help It is much appreciated I miss being able to have my computer screen on my monitor AND my TV

A:Graphics Card/ PCI-E Slot Issue On Boot-up

Quote: Originally Posted by Menutra

Hello,

Today I put my computer to sleep and returned about 30 minutes later to start it back up. My computer's power light and fans came on and tried to start up repeatedly but after the computer tried around five times, it made a long beep followed by two short beeps. I looked up the type of issue those beeps meant for my motherboard and it was a video error. I found that when removing my GeForce 8800 GT from my PCI-E slot and plugging my monitor directly into the integrated graphics card everything works fine. It booted up and had to reinstall the new drivers for the GeForce 1650 (Integrated), but everything worked fine. I figured that meant my graphics card or RAM was broken, so I took it to my closest computer repair store. They tested the power supply to see if it was supplying enough power to the card and it passed. They also tested the RAM and the graphics card to see if they were broken, but they both passed. They told me to either leave it with them for a week or just use the integrated graphics (which of course stubborn me chose to take it home for now). I am willing to leave it at the store if necessary and I also have a compatible motherboard in mind that I could buy if that will solve the issue, but before I make any actions I figured I would take advantage of these forums and hold out on using the different card for a week or so.

The type of computer I have is a Gateway GT5662 and it is less than two years old. I upgraded the graphics card with the GeForce 8800 GT, the sound card, and the power supply to a 500 watt. If anyone has had a problem like this or knows how I can diagnose my issue please help! It is much appreciated! I miss being able to have my computer screen on my monitor AND my TV

Could you have a look if in the Power Plan Management, the PCI-E slots are not set to lower powering?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/87064-graphics-card-pci-e-slot-issue-boot-up.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a AMD Dual slot video card on my Asus M A X-Evo Motherboard It is installed in the first x slot and I also have a PCI-e x XF-I Titanium Sound card The problem I am having is that one of the x slots is covered by the video card and the nd one is open but right smack below the Video card My Video card is the Sapphire slot Question PCI-e dual below slot card video about GHz Edition non OC Attached is a picture of what I am trying to explain My other question is Will this cause issues since one of the GPU fans is semi covered Its it recommended Last question If I move this to one of the x slots below on my motherboard will it cause my x PCI-E slot to slow down Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Computer Specs - Asus M A x-Evo Motherboard AM AMD FX Core Ghz Sapphire AMD Radeon GHz Edition GB GB DDR Kingston HyperX memory x GB GB WD Black Edtion SATA HD TB WD Black Edtion SATA HD Sound Blaster XF-I Titanium PCI-E x Sound Card Thremaltake Bronze PS Smart Series DVDRW SATA DVD-ROM SATA nbsp

A:Question about PCI-e slot below dual slot video card

My opinion ...

Yes, setting up like that will have an impact. The air flow to your GPU will be restricted so it will more than likely run hotter than it did. It may still stay withing recommended specs, but it will run hotter.

The motherboard has onboard sound (Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ), any particular reason why you don't use that? Onboard sound is perfectly good for gaming and the like now, its not like older machines where you needed a dedicated card for decent quality. In my opinion, you only need a dedicated card if you are doing a lot of detailed audio work (mixing, remastering and other specific audio work). This would totally remove the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-pci-e-slot-below-dual-slot-video-card.1092148/
Relevancy 46.44%

invisible finger after the boot Windows Explorer window address filled !?!!! slashs address Windows to starts be field with Explorer window field starts to be filled with slashs Just Windows Explorer window address field starts to be filled with slashs !?!!! after booting and a Windows Explorer window is opened as I click the address field to point to any of the existent hard drivers C D E the address field starts to be filled with slashs from left to right as if a invisible finger kept the slash key pressed It sounds the standard warning sound as well the same sound event when one or more keys are kept pressed for a while I noticed that mother board sounds the beep twice as soon as Windows is on and also the standard warning sound sounds a lot of times as to warn about an unknown error every time a window is opened the same happens Under this circunstance I opened Microsoft Word clicked once on the white editing area to immediately start to type the slashs by the invisible finger The abnormal occurrence stops as any key is pressed I suspect to be infected by some kind of virus then scanned with updated Norton AV to find nothing I have not installed neither ran any different software recently the only changes I made was to install a new D V D driver and a slave hard disk in order to have more room Both devices work fine Do you have any idea on what is going on any hint thank you RW nbsp

A:Windows Explorer window address field starts to be filled with slashs !?!!!

Try connecting another keyboard. I suspect the slashkey on your keyboard might me the culprit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-window-address-field-starts-to-be-filled-with-slashs.836962/
Relevancy 46.44%

If I fill any Windows phone or Windows 10 mobile start screen with live tiles. Will all the live tiles flip simultaneously or will Windows OS pause few apps and let other apps update their tiles?

A:Windows phone start screen filled with full of live tiles.

"Filling" up a start screen with live tiles is unclear - do you just want to fill in the screen without making it scroll or would you like to make the screen scroll down almost indefinitely?
In any case, however, Windows Phone doesn't update all of the tiles "simultaneously", but rather in a staggered manner to conserve resources. The flipping is also not simultaneous.
I HAD a Windows Phone - a Lumia 1020 running Windows 10 Mobile preview (one of the last OS versions) - and I had over 60 pinned, around 20-30 of them were Live Tiles. I noticed that they don't get updated all at once, but more of "one after the other".
The apps and tiles are almost always "paused", since the OS will not update them continuously but rather at a pre-determined interval.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438838-windows-phone-start-screen-filled-full-live-tiles.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am running Windows Home Premium -bit on an Acer Aspire Z- laptop The other night I got an odd crash while trying to watch a YouTube video in fullscreen where the video stuttered the computer went to black and didn't immediately come back I turned it off and back on and it went on fine Last night I tried to watch the video again as I went to bed and it was fine until I plugged in the VGA cable to my desktop monitor and that blinked into a boot slot issues, of not Series gone, etc. scans BSoD, SD working, BSoD reading something along the Series of issues, BSoD, SD slot gone, boot scans not working, etc. lines of A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught This morning I looked it up and found some sort of boot-time driver scanner that Windows has and went to run that When I restarted my computer it started booting up and after a couple screens not booted into Windows yet it BSoD'd Restarted same thing And again Finally startup repair ran and it booted again only now it Series of issues, BSoD, SD slot gone, boot scans not working, etc. had a message in the lower right telling me my copy Series of issues, BSoD, SD slot gone, boot scans not working, etc. of Windows wasn't legitimate even though it was installed on here by Acer themselves probably or years ago and never gave me this message before in that time I restarted and the message didn't come up again so I ran a boot-time scan with Avast to make sure everything was alright Found one malware in Java and put it in the chest Windows started up but now I noticed my SD card slot was no longer appearing under Computer I'm not positive if it was gone on that startup or if it was gone earlier and I hadn't noticed Restarting didn't help Ran Malwarebytes fixed two things Finally tried to run Disk Checker on my C drive told it to schedule it at boot restarted and it didn't run Just went straight into windows No idea what to do now It's probably time for a new laptop soon but if this thing destroys itself before I can get one that's going to be a big problem Any help you can provide would be appreciated and any additional information you need I'd be glad to provide Thank you

A:Series of issues, BSoD, SD slot gone, boot scans not working, etc.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599986/series-of-issues-bsod-sd-slot-gone-boot-scans-not-working-etc/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello! I am new to the boards but from what I have seen this will be the place to come from now on

I upgraded my memory tonight from 128 to 512 (rambus). Install was of course easy and had no beeps at start. Now windows will not boot all the way. If I hit restart it takes me to the options page (safe/normal/ect). I hit f1 at start to check my settings and all seemed fine so I continued from there and after getting to the windows page it errored out and said that windows did not load properly! I replaced the old memory and am now getting the same result as with the new. I did not change anything before or after installing the memory. if anyone has an idea of what went wrong here, please let me know thanks!

A:Windows won't boot after memory upgrade!

Can you boot into safe mode?

Do you get any error messages/text??

Can you tell us what operating system?

BTW- Welcome to Techspot! :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wont-boot-after-memory-upgrade.15203/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all Yes I am new to the board As the name implies I have to build upgrade and maintain all the computers and related equipment in the house for a family of aaaagggg I have been watching this board and so I will post complete info on this problem Computer is oldest in house built originally in Antec mid tower with W P S Intel D GB Motherboard with GHz intel processor and originally x v iking Rambus RIMM modules for total system memory of MB ATI All in Wonder graphics card Adaptec U SCSI controller with a GB Seagate U HD as C drive running at - memory XP x 512 2 Windows boot up lock U Another Seagate GB IDE hardrive on IDE channel Plextor PX- DVD-RW drive on IDE channel Other assorted parts like Soundblaster old USR modem board ethernet board USB board etc I just upgraded the system to the GB Hardrive It had the old GB harddrive with windows XP on it and it worked Last year I had upgraded this system with another GB of RAM x Kingston KTC Rambus RIMM modules Yes Windows XP boot lock up - 2 x 512 memory the memory is installed correctly with x in Windows XP boot lock up - 2 x 512 memory bank and x in bank The BIOS sees it BIOS POST makes it through no problem and windows XP had no problem with it sped it up quite a bit Now this new Hardrive was long formatted twice once with the SCSI controller and once of course with Win XP during install Here is what happens With all the memory installed Windows XP s install stops at quot setup is starting windows quot Nothing helps I removed everything except the bare minimum Even took out the hard drives and controller - no difference Finally after many hours of searching the net on another machine and more hours of troubleshooting I found that the two KIngston s are causing it This was while booting from the CD-ROM Once I went back to the original x I got the whole system and its install back to normal Now we are on the hardrive through the controller Of course I upgraded windows all the way through SP- The motherboard drivers are all still at except for the ATA controller which is at Put the s back in This causes the now working XP to lockup at the boot screen which normally allows you to go to safe mode safe mode with networking or safemode with command prompt At the bottom it counts down from If you press any key the countdown stops nothing happens and the machine locks up Start over remove the s and windows boots all the way through normally Summary Booting from CD-ROM with no hard drive and the x in causes the quot setup is starting windows quot lockup After getting windows installed with out the memory booting through the hardrive and reinstalling the memory windows locks up at the boot menu BIOS still sees it and POST works fine Clearly Windows does not like the x modules but it did before I have searched for hours until coming upon Techspot It looks like a highly technical board - I hope so I need to know what happened Thank you Family IT nbsp

A:Windows XP boot lock up - 2 x 512 memory

sounds like the mem. is not supported by the mother board. once u take the mem. out that will not work, u can go here http://www.crucial.com/ and get advice on what will work right. crucial can scan u're computer over the net and advise what will work right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-boot-lock-up-2-x-512-memory.112350/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I know there's an option to "tell" windows to use less memory that it have by configuring the MSconfig.
But is there a way to create dual boot with 2 memory configurations?
One with 4GB and the second with 8GB?

Thanks.

Me

A:How do I boot Windows 7 X64 with 2 different memory configurations?

I'm guessing that it's possible to limit the memory Windows used through the BCD store (where the boot manager looks for operating systems to start). If yes, this should be possible by creating two boot entries to the same OS but with different memory settings.

I'm not sure about the details, but try googling the bcdedit command - it's not terribly hard to use once you grasp the concept behind it, but of course extreme care is advised, lest you make your system unbootable instead.

But I'm sure someone else will be able to help you further with this

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192522-how-do-i-boot-windows-7-x64-2-different-memory-configurations.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Okay I did something really stupid It was late I was Memory on laptop A215-S7416 MicroSD the Express stuck Satellite slot Card Card my in in the dark and I wasn t paying attention obviously so here s what happened I had a SanDisk GB Micro SD Memory Card that I was using in my cell phone I wanted to transfer some pics amp photos from my computer to the phone so I decided to stick it in the Express Card slot of my laptop Simple enough right Well being the incredibly smart person that I am I put the micro memory card in the adapter but it was the wrong one So my computer pretty much swallowed it whole I can t MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop get it back out Now I can t use the Express Card slot in my computer AT ALL because the old one MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop is still stuck in there You can t really see it but if you try to put another adapter in there it won t quot click quot It won t go all the way because the old one I lost is still in there waiting to be rescued haha So my question is How do I get the memory card out of my computer I tried taking it apart but I couldn t get the part of where the express card slot is so that was no good There s a way to do this I know I m just not smart enough to figure it out on my own Which is probably a good thing because I might mess it up again lol I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop Any help is appreciated Thanks -Ashley nbsp

A:MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-memory-card-stuck-in-the-express-card-slot-on-my-satellite-a215-s7416-laptop.795517/
Relevancy 46.01%

ok the lady I got this comp from says the comp the video card its reading now is not as good as the one in the PCI slot so Im wondering how do I make it so it reads the PCI slot

The AGP vid card though comes out with a Adaptor to make it so you can plug in moniters

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

and no there is no plug that goes into the PCI slot

I hope this is understanable

thanks

A:How to switch the comp from reading your AGP slot to PCI slot

Jimboson said:

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

That's known as integrated graphics, now do you have a PCI video card and an APG video card or an Integrated video card and an AGP card?

Also what are they Radeon xxxx? or Nvidia xxxx? we need to know the model numbers to tell you which is the better on to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-switch-the-comp-from-reading-your-agp-slot-to-pci-slot.594580/
Relevancy 46.01%

This is the strangest thing I've seen in the past years of using computers I have an Acer Aspire - laptop that came with windows but I'm very picky and I wanted Windows xp back so I went onto Acer's website and won't mouse USB slot USB first other in works any slot, in only work but USB downloaded all of the windows xp drivers and then formatted the laptop to Windows XP with intergrated Service Pack The computer works just fine except for one very strange oddity - the USB mouse I'm using only works when plugged into the first USB slot it will refuse to work in the other USB slots I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer USB which is my favorite mouse and I USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot have of them at home When I was formatting the laptop USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot I had the mouse plugged into the first USB slot and now that is the ONLY slot it will work in If I plug it into the other usb slots the red laser will come on which means it's getting power but it will not move the cursor and clicking either of the mouse buttons won't do anything When I have the Device Manager open and I plug the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer mouse into the first USB slot the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will appear in BOTH the 'Human Interface Devices' tab and also the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab However when plugging the mouse into the other usb slots the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will only appear in the 'Human Interface Devices' but NOT the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab I could just go about my business using the first usb slot for the mouse but this little strange problem is pissing me off hugely as I might want to switch the mouse to another USB slot based on how I have the laptop positioned on a desk or other surface I should also note that the 'Human Interface Devices' tab has a 'HID compliant device' entry in it that isn't present on my desktop computer and my mouse works on any of the usb slots on my desktop computer I wonder if this is the problem I tried disabling this entry but it doesn't help any A final point to note is that I have many other usb devices such as flash memory sticks camera card readers external harddrives gps devices and they all work perfectly fine no matter which usb slot they are plugged into Very strange indeed Is there anyway to make my mouse work in any of the other USB slots

A:USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot

Hi NukesGoBoom,

I have seen a similar problem, but it was all USB ports that weren't working.

First, check the BIOS to make sure all USB ports are enabled, which they probably are.

Are all drivers installed and up to date? Do any yellow question marks or exclamation points show up in Device Manager?

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-mouse-only-works-in-first-usb-slot-but-wont-work-in-any-other-usb-slot-513250.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi there,
i need to know which know which graphic card will fit for my computer. Ie i want to know which type: DDR ,DDR1 or ddr2 i bought my computer in 2007, but thats not enough to tell.
so please let me know how do i know which pci slot i have?

A:which graphic card slot do i require for my PCI slot

The type of memory doesn't matter, its the type of interface the computer supports among a few other things to watch for.

You likely have a PCI-Express slot, as long as it a x16 slot it doesn't really matter if its a version 1.1 or 2.0 slot.

Is this for your Dell or another computer? Whats you budget and what needs do you have for the video card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphic-card-slot-do-i-require-for-my-pci-slot.921803/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

i have had trouble with my computer after cleaning it (can of compressed air) it would boot to log in screen then go black on the monitor or it would blue screen and restart.

after figuring out it was a RAM problem i tried another stick of RAM but same problem so i guess its the actual slot it goes into, i only have 2 on my motherboard lucky one of them is working still.

has anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it, i am wondering if some of the canned air/gas became a liquid from spraying to close and got in it.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

A:RAM slot/DIMM slot? blue screening me!

Hi,

ok so i have been looking into my problem more, when booting i press tab to show the POST?? or somthing and it says that 1 of the RAMs wouldnt/couldnt R/W (read write?? i dont know)

then i get the screen saying that windows has had hardware changes and asking to how i want to start windows (normal, safe mode, etc) i have tried all but it just restarts.

now its only with 1 of the 2 dimm slots this happens and i have tried differend RAM in there but only the 1 slot works

any help would be appreciated

thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-slot-dimm-slot-blue-screening-me.152835/
Relevancy 46.01%

My sis has DSL and is trying to hook up a second computer for her 2nd son. So far, she has installed the router on the main computer and now she is having trouble with the D-link wireless G desktop adaptor installation. She inserts the adaptor and her computer will not boot into windows...it just stays black. When she takes the adaptor back out, it boots into windows just fine.

She has a Dell Dimension B110 (less than a month old) and I dont have much more info than that. Its very frustrating trying to help over the phone.

If anyone knows exactly what I need to do..or what I can tell her to try, I'd appreciate the help. I'm thinking she has the wrong adaptor, perhaps? If anyone has questions...I wont be able to get the answers til morning, sorry.

A:Solved: computer wont boot when wireless adaptor is inserted into slot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-wont-boot-when-wireless-adaptor-is-inserted-into-slot.497884/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm new to this game and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I just upgraded an Epox EP-4B2A from 256 to 512 DIMM PC133. The computer booted up fine and recognised the memory but then nothing happened. Windows 2000 NT is installed but did not load at all. If the memory is removed the computer works fine. If the current memory is replaced with the old then there are several bios beeps. What's going on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-failed-to-boot-after-memory-upgrade.19196/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Pavilion X nbsp Model Number is -N DX nbsp I am running on Windows nbsp Current Bios Insyde F nbsp It's Not Memory Upgrade To Causes Boot Attempted Windows current RAM card is the following nbsp SK hynix HMT S CFR A GBPC L Voltage nbsp More info on the SK Hynix card here http www electrobyt com Attempted Memory Upgrade Causes Windows Not To Boot index php main page product info amp products id V GimjV bIU nbsp I tried to replace the SK Hynix nbsp with the following nbsp Crucial CT GBDDR L Voltage nbsp More info on the Crucial card here http www crucial com usa en pavilion- -n dx-x CT nbsp nbsp After replacing the SK Hynix GB with the Crucial Card GB and hitting the power button nothing loads nbsp The HP logo never appears Windows never loads There's nothing--only a blank black screen shows up I don't think the hard drive is accessed because the drive is completely silent The only sound comes from the computer fan nbsp After failing to boot with the Crucial card I put the SK Hynix back in the Memory slot and the computer booted up as normal nbsp I tried the Crucial card again several times but everytime I use it nothing boots Every time I go back to the SK Hynix things resume to normal Everything boots fine nbsp My concerns questions nbsp The Crucial card has the same compatability as the SK Hynix doesn't it This shouldn't be happening nbsp Heard some advice to unplug the CMOS battery to see if that resets the BIOS to recognize the new memory but the X doesn't have a CMOS battery nbsp By all accounts my BIOS is up to date so does this mean that the only option I have left is to fiddle with voltage settings in the BIOS But both are using the same voltage anyway nbsp How can I get the Crucial card to work as my memory

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Attempted-Memory-Upgrade-Causes-Windows-Not-To-Boot/td-p/5685065
Relevancy 45.58%

So i assume i got a virus after a whole bunch of (2x) after Windows Failure won't boot Memory Bluescreen wacky things happened Windows won't boot after Memory Failure Bluescreen (2x) which i got rid of via my virus protection software but the dmg was done I got a windows read memory error didnt write down the numbers shortly after followed by the bluescreen and auto restart Windows booted up again and i Windows won't boot after Memory Failure Bluescreen (2x) ran my viral shtuff to remove any harmful files and such of Windows won't boot after Memory Failure Bluescreen (2x) which i found only new trojan file Soon after i openned iTunes and Warcraft both connected to the internet and the same read memory error popped up followed seconds there after with the bluescreen So knowing i ran the spyware and such i turned off my computer instead of letting it restart and now today i tried booting it up again and the farthest the boot will go is to quot Verifying the DMI files quot in otherwords the boot stops as soon as windows should begin The RAM and BIOS seem fine i'm reading full memory and the temp watts look normal so i'm pretty sure i just bugged up windows What do u guys think i should do I'm about to repair windows if i can find my disk oh my junk gig RAM it aint cheep stuff either Intel Duo gHz EVGA Nvidia SLI i Hardrive gt lt ouch Seagate gb if i recall

A:Windows won't boot after Memory Failure Bluescreen (2x)

oh, it will go past the "verifying DMI files..." but it just gets stuck at a black screen where the windows icon should appear with a load bar, ya know?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-wont-boot-after-memory-failure-bluescreen-2x-335460.html
Relevancy 45.58%

my computer and i have been companions through a lot in the past years and i have always managed to make it work since buying it i not windows detected, memory cannot physical up boot have only formatted it once and that was about a year and a physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up half back hardware gb ram gts nvidia graphic card amd phenom x so this is what happened i had left the physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up computer on for abput hours and had switched off the moniter when i returned the diplay didnt work i thought it must be a problem with the connecteing cord so i tried to shake it when nothing worked i turned the whole system offf the main electricity cord after some time it was a slow start but it worked later blue scren appeared and said windows did so to prevent damage to files and restarted once that happened my pc said something about lack of external memory as windows cannot be booted whenever i have tried same has happened fan andights areworking but nothing appears

A:physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up

Please...be exact when reporting error messages.  They are important clues, which...if not properly reported...lead down the wrong path.

System manufacture and model...or motherboard manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505930/physical-memory-not-detected-windows-cannot-boot-up/