Windows Support Forum

Computer almost doesn't boot after suddenly being unplugged. Help?

Q: Computer almost doesn't boot after suddenly being unplugged. Help?

I am really worried about my computer. It booted normally this morning but then my cat ran past my feet and ended up unplugging it. I tried to turn it back on but no luck. Tried again 5 minutes later and still nothing. Decided to turn it on and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then it finally booted up. It's slow, but works. What should I check for? Any ideas how to fix this? I'm afraid to turn it off again.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer almost doesn't boot after suddenly being unplugged. Help?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer almost doesn't boot after suddenly being unplugged. Help?

The most likely thing that happened was that the BIOS/UEFI reset itself to defaults. Some of those default settings could be different than the ones set before this happened.

A typical one is if the SATA mode is IDE as default but was set to AHCI to install Windows. But that change usually results in a bluescreen error. Do you know what your preferred BIOS setting were?

Also, System Specs would be nice. Just whether this is a laptop or desktop can make a difference.

In any event you will need to check and see if all is OK at some point. You will most likely need to restart to make any changes anyway.
Start by backing up your data, finishing any important work, and then restarting the PC from Windows Start Menu. If it restarts normally then shut it down and then start it back up.

I'm guessing you will be fine. If any hardware was damaged it can be replaced, but you've got to take the plunge at some point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364330-computer-almost-doesnt-boot-after-suddenly-being-unplugged-help.html
Relevancy 68.37%

So here is my problem... Amagine there is a storm comming so either the storm shuts the power in the house or I do becouse of keeping my computer safe from storm damage... The point is if i take the computers power for that much time that inner light on motherboard(The one thats alway on if computer is pluged in) shuts off (like 3 seconds) my computer wont start the vents and cooler spinn a few times than its off so I always keep pressing the button for 5-10 minutes( I know you wold say I should wait that time and then press it I tryed leaving it pluged for an hour and I stell had to do that 5-10 minutes pressin the big red button...) So not that im inpatient but im vorryed that maby once it wont eaven start up.

Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Predo50

A:Computer doesn't start if it is unplugged for some time

I'd suggest taking the side off and looking at the motherboard. Look at the capacitors (cylinders with silver tops) are any of them bulged/domed?

If not, I'd suggest replacing the power supply.

Can you supply more information about your computer, such as make/model or specifications?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-start-if-it-is-unplugged-for-some-time.150169/
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok story time I was dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu It worked fine everything was great Then I decided that I was sick of Sim City crashing all the time I remembered that it didn't ever do that in XP so I popped in my XP disc deleted my Linux partition and recreated it as NTFS and installed XP Something obviously screwed up during installation because it wouldn't boot afterwards No big deal Vizsta suddenly boot doesn't I just booted from Vizsta suddenly doesn't boot the Ubuntu disc and deleted and installed on my extra partition again Through all of this the Vista partition remained untouched and still appeared as normal in the partition editor Only now if I select Vista from the GRUB bootloader it shows the quot Starting up quot screen forever and never loads At this point I don't even need to recover Vista I just need to know if there's any way to get into that part of my hard drive from Linux which still works just fine to get out some important files that I really don't want to lose Apparently something did screw up my Vista partition at some point even though I never told anything to access it because now if I look at my quot Computer quot menu in Ubuntu I only see the quot Filesystem quot partition which shows as GB in size the size that should be both of my partitions together Apparently the partitions got merged so all I need to do now is figure out how get at the files from my other partition It shows as mostly full so they are there but I can't easily find them by browsing The windows folders don't seem to be visible Any ideas on how I could get my stuff back EDIT Ok I found it My entire Vista partition showed up in the Linux file browser as an quot internal mountable partition quot I can access all my stuff to back it up so that's all good I just have a question how the eff did that happen Is there any common thing that could go wrong in a normal Linux or Windows XP installation that would do something like that

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vizsta-suddenly-doesnt-boot-259272.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to Boot Monitors, Now Won't Unplugged Computer shut it off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it s back to the previous two problems now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot.1054619/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have not had a problem with this until now as I have started to have booting errors. If a boot error occurs I have to turn off my PC. When it's turned off it won't turn on unless I keep it unplugged pretty much overnight. When the computer is on it works completely fine. If any one has any ways I can solve this it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

A:My computer won't turn on unless I have it unplugged for at least 10 hours before I can boot it up

Replace the power supply if the computer is a desktop computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-turn-on-unless-i-have-it-unplugged-for-at-least-10-hours-before-i-can-boot-it-up.207336/
Relevancy 61.92%

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead [SOLVED] Monitors, Computer Unplugged Boot Now Won't the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to shut it [SOLVED] Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it's back to the previous two problems now

A:[SOLVED] Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot

Was the PC on when you unplugged the replugged the monitors?
If so not a good idea as you now know.

Have a look in device manager for any yellow or red call outs.

To open "Device Manager", Hit Start type/paste device manager in the search box and hit enter in Device Manager, if you see any yellow question marks/Red callouts, right click on the device and select properties, on the Details tab select Hardware IDs copy the PCI/VEN and DEV numbers and post them on your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot-647307.html
Relevancy 61.06%

i was working in Maya suddenly, turn now Computer doesn't turned off on actually just browsing i havent even created anything the scene was empty and i just started to make a basic model the computer suddenly turned off then in seconds turned on again almost but the monitor wasnt showing anything hdd light was off everytime my computer starts normally it's ON cpu fan was rotating slowly and the diagnostic lights i guess were on on the motherboard i was afraid that cpu may get overheated because the fan was rotating very slowly i cut off the electricity then started the comp again this time the fan didin't even start rotating just showed little signs that it kind of wants to start rotating seconds that last then it turned off again after that it's on for a second then off for another it just turns Computer turned off suddenly, now doesn't turn on on and off if i dont cut the electricity and the thing that if i wait some time then turn on the comp it goes a little long and wants to start maybe for - seconds and then the same thing so i thought it might a overheating problem though i haven't done anything that could cause that and disconnected the graphics card the drives and the hdds didn't help havent' had these kind of problems before the comp is in good conditions bought in the specs are Quad Core GB RAM GTX Ti Windows w power supply and there's a ups v s i think it's old dunno if this can cause the problem just additioanl info this is urgent please help with anything u can thank u very much

A:Computer turned off suddenly, now doesn't turn on

I hate to guess, but my initial reaction is Power Supply. But the UPS could be a complicating factor.

First, I would remove the UPS from the system and test.

Then, try another power supply in your system or try your power supply in another system. Do you have access to another PS you could test with?

Another thing you can try is to disconnect all external devices, all drives, and any other power draws that you can and see if the system will boot with just basic components: PS, MB/CPU, RAM, Graphics.

If we can eliminate the power supply as the cause (prove that it is good) then we can move on to the other potential causes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230350-computer-turned-off-suddenly-now-doesnt-turn.html
Relevancy 57.19%

For the past year and a half I ve been using a Netgear N Wireless USB Adapter to connect my home-built computer with Windows to the wifi from the router on the floor directly below me and it s worked just fine But lately for the past couple antenna ethernet that suddenly nonexistent unplugged insists wireless cable is my My of weeks often when I get up in the My wireless antenna suddenly insists that my nonexistent ethernet cable is unplugged morning my little networking icon in my system tray has insisted that there are no available connections or that it can t find any because My wireless antenna suddenly insists that my nonexistent ethernet cable is unplugged my ethernet cable is unplugged I don t even HAVE an ethernet cable on this computer and I haven t ever I have also noticed that it seems to have this problem during the daylight hours No matter how many times I restart my computer or reset my adapter or physically go downstairs to make sure Dad hasn t bumped a wire Dad s computer remains perfectly connected and functional while mine mostly just frustrates me I get a pretty regular inflow of newsletters from various places and when I wake up in the afternoon and my internet is down my Gmail shows no new messages any later than AM and when my computer is magically able to detect a signal again and autoconnects this magic seems to happen at around PM As an experiment I plugged my old Presario with WinXP back in and hooked the adapter up to it and it couldn t connect either So I was sure it was the adapter so I went out and bought a new one of the exact same model as my old one And I m still having this problem What is this and how do I make it stop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P LE Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:My wireless antenna suddenly insists that my nonexistent ethernet cable is unplugged

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-antenna-suddenly-insists-that-my-nonexistent-ethernet-cable-is-unplugged.1101049/
Relevancy 55.9%

My Lenovo IP700 doesn't on when not plugged into power.  Switches off when unplugged.  Battery not removable.  Help please Thank you 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-IP700-doesn-t-on-when-unplugged/td-p/3391958
Relevancy 55.9%

I turned on my comp this evening and was greeted with a non working state The power light on the motherboard is on When I hit the power button the hard drive light and front power light comes on all fans including power supply fan and video card fan come on Both cd rom drive lights come on like normal and then the cd drives act like they are trying to read a disk can faintly hear them spinning When I hit eject one drive pops out a bit then goes right back in The other one won t do anything Their lights just blink on and off I tried unplugging each one but it did not help This is all the comp does nothing else no beeps no bios nothing No signal to the monitor either I did try to use a boot floppy but the comp Computer boot suddenly up. won't does not get far enough to even atempt to access the floppy I left it like this for some time but no change If I hold in the power button the comp will shut off normally Anyone have any thoughts on this I m lucky to have an old spare that I was able to get back on the net If anyone has anthing at all please let me know Thanks Daffy nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I ve got two computers in my room sharing a wireless router One is a desktop and is connected via ethernet cable to the router The other is won't Computer suddenly boot a laptop and connected wirelessly I had a little trouble with the settings on both computers but I got them up and running and they ve been fine since Now on to the problem Today for reasons as yet unexplained the router lost connection Computer suddenly won't boot This happens occasionally and is usually solved with a restart of the router turn off and on again This seemed to work it worked for the laptop but the desktop still couldn t open any webpages or RSS feeds I decided to restart the computer and see if that solved anything Restarted it and now the computer doesn t boot I get the motherboard logo appearing and the POST screen - showing the RAM checks and the other scrolling information After that the computer restarts I haven t got a clue what would cause this I haven t added any new software or installed downloaded anything that could have potentially harmed the computer either I haven t got any recovery discs for this computer either it s a few years old and I ve upgraded some parts Ideally I want to be able to simply fix this situation but I ve been thinking about upgrading the HDD and possibly the OS so if that has to be done then I m not against it I just need to access some of the files I ve got on there this week so what s the best way of getting that done I m running XP on the desktop and Vista on the laptop I ve also got an external HDD if that s any use Apologies for the extremely long post nbsp

A:Computer suddenly won't boot

once ive taken a pc apart and put back togetrher because the same thing was happening to me
also try moving the ram to another slot or swaping with another dimm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-suddenly-wont-boot.812004/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Windows 8 Pro x64 and yesterday it was working fine... Now, I turn it on, the dots go around in circles for a long while and then the screen just turns off. After a few reboots, it goes into automatic repair and I'm stuck in a loop.

I haven't done any software changes or hardware changes so I'm completely confused.

A:Computer suddenly won't boot

Disconnect all USB devices and try to boot a couple of times..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/26064-computer-suddenly-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hey guys I ve got a new cpu that I just built in january initially it gave me some problems but I unable suddenly New help! to computer boot! managed to sort that out and it worked fine for about months however last weekand recently I ve started to get new problems when I switch o the cpu sometimes it works fine more often than not it will freeze up on me there are scenarios when this happens first it will go to the loading screen the one with your motherboard manufacturer and model with alll the pretty pictures and such next one of things will happen it freezes there and I wait really long and nothing happens it will go next to a black screen which says select proper boot device and re-bbot the computer it will go to a black screen and say a disk read error occured press ctrl-alt-delete to restart if occurs after about minutesit will go to a black screen which tells me all my comp specs etc etc etc such as processor RAM frequency etc etc at the end part something catches my attention it says rd slave harddisk S M A R T failed I have no idea what that means If however the computer boots fine one of things cna happen- it works alright and is perfectly fine OR it hangs halfway through whatever thing I m doing so far I have even seen one blue screen I think that this is a hard-disk related problem and has probrably nothing to do with the operating system what is puzzling is that if it s a hard disk problem it should fail to boot all the time not only sometimes plus my hard disk is NEW and its from seagate a normally reliable brand which I have never encountered problems from before I New computer suddenly unable to boot! help! have chekced my BIOS setup and the boot device is correct- it should be booting from the hard disk but this problem still crops up I ve also run a check for any bad sectors of my hard disk but it seems alright I doubt a virus cna cause this sort of problem I hope you guys can help thanks nbsp

A:New computer suddenly unable to boot! help!

Have you checked all connections to make sure they are really secure?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-suddenly-unable-to-boot-help.703262/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello of Boot Won't Out - Suddenly Ideas Computer I have a Gateway GT desktop computer with GB ram and a GeForce GT graphics card with Windows XP For some reason my computer suddenly started booting up with no display whatsoever The computer would start normally fans beeps ect but there would be no display on my monitor It would say something like quot check signal cable quot as if there s no connection whatsoever I ve had my current graphics card for approximately months with no previous issues I removed the graphics card and it booted fine while the monitor was connected to the onboard graphics card However I shut down the computer and found that it wouldn t boot second time There s a blue light on the power button on the computer When I pressed the power button the little blue light came on and nothing else No fans no beeps complete silence I ve actually had this EXACT SAME problem once in the past and it was suggested to me by a member of this forum to remove the RAM sticks one by one to see if the computer would boot Last time the removal of a rogue RAM stick seemed to fix the problem My computer has MB x RAM I tried removing the RAM again one by one I found that once two of four pieces were removed the computer booted without the graphics card in I shut down the computer and tried Computer Suddenly Won't Boot - Out of Ideas booting again It hasn t booted since Everytime I hit the power button the little light comes on Computer Suddenly Won't Boot - Out of Ideas but no fans no display or anything It seems to be totally dead I ve removed and replaced EVERY cable inside the computer Still no luck Sorry for the length explanation just wanted to Computer Suddenly Won't Boot - Out of Ideas cover all details Any suggestions are much appreciated -Capnbob nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

It all started when I burned a CD-disk with music so I could listen it in my car and after that I took my PC in sleep mode When I came home minutes after realizing the CD-disk didn t work because I had putted to much songs in it I tried to boot my computer After some time in BIOS I have recognized that my SSD-disk is not on the bootlist anymore and I get this error when I try to boot up my computer without the repair-disk from Windows quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and won't Solved: My boot suddenly up computer press a key quot Does anyone have a clue I have checked all the Solved: My computer suddenly won't boot up cables from the SSD-disk and changed Solved: My computer suddenly won't boot up it to a blue sloth on the motherboard instead of the gray white I have also tried to check if Windows even recognize it with Solved: My computer suddenly won't boot up command promt and it doesn t It has worked fine until now Please help me I am desperate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-computer-suddenly-wont-boot-up.1065587/
Relevancy 55.47%

i have been using my computer pavilion dv5 and i have decided to shut it down. after like three minutes i have trief to switch it on it goes on but the screen shows nothing only to see flash lights all the time.help me people

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/computer-fails-to-boot-suddenly/td-p/5615461
Relevancy 54.61%

I screwed up the computer and this is how I did it - Installed win with all programs I needed - installed win XP on a separate partition in boot doesn't wrong computer 7/win dual went xp - win boot hopes to dual boot win 7/win xp went wrong - computer doesn't boot install other programs and make computer faster Installed with option to keep existing setting both partitions were NTSF l ater I thought that I should have chosen format quick but that was later - computer booted in XP only and i couldn't access another separate HHD as a file storage no boot in Win - panicked and cursed for a while - using BCD boot loader editor I saw windows on a list and added windows XP to this list - I didn't pray - restarted and computer and saw this - I said something like a missing corrupted BOOT INI file and It did not boot at all It kept restarting endlessly - I inserted either win xp or win installation disk into cd drive in order to re-install them - no luck at all I unplugged C drive plugged a new fresh one now I see reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot drive and press a key - I should have prayed in step a - I cleared motherboard settings with a jumper on it asus - prong jumper - no change in computer's behavior - obviously I need your help guys in order to revive my computer Please help mb - Asus M A B-T CPU - AMD Phenom

A:dual boot win 7/win xp went wrong - computer doesn't boot

First, did you actually try to reinstall the OS's? How far did you get into the reinstall because you may have wiped the data on the disk. Is there data on the disk you need to recover?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629599/dual-boot-win-7win-xp-went-wrong-computer-doesnt-boot/
Relevancy 54.18%

It's stuck on the Windows Starting screen for about 30 seconds, usually it only takes a few seconds.

I'm on Windows 7 and was messing around with the fan settings in the BIOS. I don't think that's it since I changed to back default settings to make sure.

Any idea on what's going on?

Edit: I updated to Windows 10 and it seems to have fixed the problem.

A:Computer suddenly takes a long time to boot

Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoz

It's stuck on the Windows Starting screen for about 30 seconds, usually it only takes a few seconds.

I'm on Windows 7 and was messing around with the fan settings in the BIOS. I don't think that's it since I changed to back default settings to make sure.

Any idea on what's going on?

Edit: Tried safe mode. It was stuck on loading files for a long time also.

1.Check start-up programs,they can increase the boot-up time. You might have to disable some of them...

2.Check your HDD, it defines the boot-up time.If the hard drive has any problem then that's it.
Damaged HDD often gets system load much slower.

3.Scan your PC for malwares. Infected system can be the answer to your question

Let me know if this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377632-computer-suddenly-takes-long-time-boot.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Okay. My little brother was on my dad's computer. He was playing a flash game and listening to music on WMP. Suddenly, WMP came up with an error saying the media was corrupt, and the blue screen of death came up. I didn't see what the blue screen's error was, but when the computer reset, it came up with "Boot Device Not Found".

We reset the computer manually, letting it sit for a minute unplugged. It booted up slower than normal, but otherwise properly. We then ran chkdsk, it said that the Master File Table's BITMAP was incorrect. We then ran chkdsk /scan as it told us to, and it said there were no errors in the filesystem.

Are the errors gone? If not, what should I do to fix them?

A:Computer suddenly stopped working, "Boot Device Not Found"

I would suggest that you download and run SeaTools to see if there is a problem with the hdd.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504955/computer-suddenly-stopped-working-boot-device-not-found/
Relevancy 52.03%

I made want boot to doesn't Computer using USB this thread here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t k t so-i-wiped-my-hdd entry on the BOSD forum But I think it applies to this forum just as much because the version I have on it is windows although I Computer doesn't want to boot using USB haven't been able to get a windows ISO because microsoft makes me download windows instead Summary - Tried to make a USB recovery drive with a a USB drive recognized as a local drive a sandisk and a USB drive recognized as a removable drive generic - The partition scheme was GPT for both I formatted the disks in windows explorer then quickformatted using rufus and made them with rufus - I didn't try making it with media creation tool It doesn't even recognize one of them but I can try with the other one - I also tried making fatdog some linux i think OS with the appropriate settings and it still didn't boot - I tried a DVD drive but it seems like my DVD drive is broken Not a big deal as I rarely use it but it would have been helpful now - What next I don't know My boot settings are UEFI but I also tried CMS just to exhaust all the options My computer definitely sees the USB drives they are listed in the BIOS and I set the priority to one but it doesn't recognize them as boot disks

A:Computer doesn't want to boot using USB

?I assume you already set UEFI's Secure Boot to Disabled and Legacy Boot [somewhere in that menu] to Enabled?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603177/computer-doesnt-want-to-boot-using-usb/
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer won't boot up, it doesn't even do the little beep anymore. The fans are all running, the HDD and Power led are both lit up, the green power light on my motherboard is lit also. The green power led is always lit, when the computer is off, its a bit dimmer and when its on, its brighter. I tried reseating my video card, reset the Cmos by taking off the lithium battery on my motherboard, switching rams, taking a stick of ram out one at the time, reseating the heatsink and nothing worked. Here are my specs if it can help. Please answer ASAP. Thank you.

Specs :
Asus a7v8x-x mobo
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Ati All In Wonder 9800 pro
pc3200 1GB generic ram

A:My computer doesn't boot.

Hello and welcome to Techspot!

So you system was working before and suddenly has stopped? You have made no changes recently?

It sounds like your troubleshooting has been pretty thorough. However, as you are not getting the beep, the first thing I'd suspect is your ram.

Do you have some other ram you can test in your system?

Other possibilities would be a dying psu, or motherboard. Do you see any swollen or leaking capacitors on your board?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-doesnt-boot.51449/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ah Hi

Uhm sometimes when i start my computer it doesnt boot. My screen light stays amber and sometimes my mouse are keyboard dont light up. Logitech g15 and g9.

I usually just press the restart button and it will work.. although sometimes it doesnt. I got told by a friend that i could need a bios update, i just did that and it happened again. I have booted 10 or so times now and its only happened once.. it could be a one off thing but just incase what are some things i could try?

thanks

A:Computer Doesn't Always Boot

Let's try this for starters. Borrow a working keyboard and mouse. Plug those instead of your own. Reboot. Keep me posted. Change BIOS settings to default. Make sure you have a copy of your former settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-always-boot.136639/
Relevancy 52.03%

Just earlier today i took out my 128MB stick of ram to see if the computer would run better with just the 512 MB stick becuase the 128MB was not that good of RAM. Well i have been using both of them together for a while now, prolly about 6 months. The 512 stick is stock ram, earlier i just took out the 128 stick and for some reason the computer doesnt boot up. It just beeps every 5 seconds. I tried putting the ram back in. Still doesnt work. I tried switching the around. Putting just the 128 in. Just the 512 back in. Nothing...please if you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Computer Doesn't Boot up

I would suggest checking the website for the manufactor of your motherboard and find out what the post beeps mean. Also are you getting any video? I may be posible that you knocked something loose (like the video card) when you removed the RAM. Some more specs would help also like what kind of motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-doesnt-boot-up-30273.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok, I have this problem which really has me stumped. Yesterday my computer worked perfectly. Today, it won't boot any OS's. I tried windows (safe mode & regular), and they both froze during the xp loading thingy. I tried Fedora Core 6, also froze before it finished booting. I tried my windows cd. I loads all the drivers & such, and then it says "Setup is starting windows", and it froze.

Any idea what is going on? Its a brand new laptop. I bought it 15 days ago.

Relevancy 52.03%

I've got a Dell Insprion 1470 and it never worked right (I would return it for a new one but first Freak Squad has to "fix" it).

When booting it will sometimes freeze at the windows logo, just go black, go into start up repair, go into safe mode, all kinds of stuff.

I have ran many tests/programs and they all say nothing is wrong...
sfc /scannow
chkdisk
start up repair
memory test/diagnostics

I've updated BIOS and all drivers, Ive defragged and ran CCleaner.
I ran the full system scan in Dell Support Center

I can't think of anything else to do! Ive done everything I can possibly think of!

A:HELP - Computer doesn't boot right

Let's see if 'VEW' shows anything relevant.... download VEW by Vino Rosso http://images.malwareremoval.com/vino/VEW.exe
and save it to your desktop
Double click it to start it Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will need to right click the file and select Run as administrator and click Continue or Allow at the User Account Control Prompt.
Click the check boxes next to Application and System located under Select log to query on the upper left
Under Select type to list on the right click the boxes next to Error and Warning Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 also click the box next to Critical (not XP).
Under Number or date of events select Number of events and type 20 in the box next to 1 to 20 and click Run
Once it finishes it will display a log file in notepad
Please copy and paste its entire contents into your next reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/178131-help-computer-doesnt-boot-right.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Yesterday I returned to my room after a break and my computer was off I was surprised because there was no power outage and I leave my computer on all day which could be part of the boot doesn't Computer problem The lack of fan noise was painful to my ears I turn it Computer doesn't boot on you hear the fans and it sounds like it s fine But nothing comes up the mouse and keyboard don t go on and there aren t any beeps I first thought it was a monitor problem so i tried another monitor and it didn t work but when I realized there weren t any beeps the mouse and keyboard didn t go on i ruled that out I m not a real hardware guy so I know very little about this kind of stuff Any idea of what could be wrong with it And how I could fix it I ll take it to a shop if I have to since this has all of my important data on it But I d rather give it a shot myself as long as the hard drive is recoverable Thanks Luke nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot.754131/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all Here is my problem I just bought a new computer home built with Asus M R -MVP board AMD X GT PCI express video card W power supply GB RAM GB SATA HD and new case I installed everything carefully and installed Windows XP with it Everything was working great After installing everything updates and checking Computer Boot Doesn't email and websites and stuff turn off the computer and went to bed Got Computer Doesn't Boot up this morning and turned computer on DVD Rom light came on HD light came on case and CPU fans started up mouse had power tried a PS one and USB one and Green light on motherboard came on but that was it No boot up I checked connections took out video card memory and DVD drive And nothing still This is a brand new set up and everything was working fine when I shut it off Now I don t know what it could be since everything is new and fresh out of the box If anyone could help me with this I would be thankful nbsp

A:Computer Doesn't Boot

is it reading from your hard drive at startup, Im assuming that you have no display on your monitor but from the sounds of it the computer is starting up but not displaying anything. Do you have any beep codes or anything of that sort? Also did you burn in your computer after it was built?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-boot.100268/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, When I connect my pc to the light it sounds as it is booting without having to turn it on and it doesn't show anything in the screen. My pc is a Pentium 4 1.4 Hz with 256 Mb RAM and BIOSTAR M7TDR motherboard. I use windows xp. The problem is my computer seem to boot (FAN is spinning) without turning it on. It's "running" like this all the time it's connected to the light. How to solve this issue? I'm a newbie in computers. Thanks a lot.

A:Computer doesn't boot

"connect my pc to the light" can you explain what you mean by this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot.773926/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys My PC has been acting up lately all of a sudden First It didn t load up it would just keep restarting everytime i turn it on I ran mtest Computer up boot doesn't then tried system restore and HP system restore which led to getting this error message Kernel Data Inpage Error If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen then restart your computer Computer doesn't boot up If this screen Computer doesn't boot up appears again then follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properlly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need if the problem continues disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as cacheing and shadowing If you need to use safe mode to disable or remove components then restart your computer and press F and select advance options then safe mode Technical Information stop x Computer doesn't boot up a xC E B xC E xF E x F atopi sys address F E base at F Date stamp B D Begining dump of physical memory Then after trying to start couple times now I get an error message when I turn it on quot The system is not fully installed Please run setup again quot And it restarts My PC is running Win XP home edition with an intel Pentium processor with HT GB of ram Any advice on what to do By the way I can t get windows to start up so any programs that require windows I can t run or access nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

When I turn the computer on, I get:
Press ctrl A for SCSI Select
Strike F1 key to continue
Strike F2 key to run setup utility

This is on an Dell desktop running XP. My son says he logged on one day for my husband to change the password, and when he rebooted, it would no longer load. I have not changed any hardware or software on it. Once it didn't work, I did go into the BIOS and make sure the auto select was on for the hard drive.

Any ideas?

A:Computer doesn't boot

usually you get this msg if an input (mouse/keyboard etc.) is failed to be recognised through bios. See if you can find an option thats called plug and play and enable that. This usually works for me if the inputs are usb rather then ps/2.

It can also be caused by the computer picking up on a HDD thats on the way out

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot.617264/
Relevancy 52.03%

I got the quot blue screen of death quot a few times last week boot Computer up doesn't so I did a scan with Malwarebytes- came up clean A few days ago I turned on the machine there was a message from my Avast antivirus Computer doesn't boot up that I had to update my virus definition files I clicked Computer doesn't boot up quot OK quot the computer rebooted and then I got a black screen I did a cold reboot the opening Dell screen appeared - and then - nothing Just a small blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner of the screen I could not get Windows to start I m sending this from my laptop I tried rebooting kept hitting F to get into Safe Mode - but could not Rebooted again - I was able to reach the setup screen using F or was it F did a hard disk diagnostics and that came out OK I then tried re-booting from a Windows quot upgrade quot XP Pro disc the only disc I have The message on the screen said that it was loading a bunch of Windows files but then I couldn t reinstall Windows or do anything else I could not use the Recovery Console At some point I got to a C prompt but couldn Computer doesn't boot up t figure out what to do from there I have tried on several occasions to get back to a C prompt but have not been able to do so In view of the above I think the hard disc is still viable and this is a Windows XP problem Could be a virus Please help Bob My computer - a or -year old Dell Dimension Operating system - Windows XP Pro gigabyte external hard drive with most data files backed up nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot-up.942100/
Relevancy 52.03%

I transferred the computer to another room and when I turnded it on, it prompts the system to chkdsk. After chkdsk, it boots normally until displaying the desktop. The wallpaper looks like the window of opened folder (it has the sidepanel showing links for my computer, my documents, etc.)
I restarted the computer but this time it doesn't show anything in the monitor. I tried to turn it on again the following day, this time it boots normally but it just froze after displaying the desktop. Then i restarted the computer again but there is no display in the monitor again.

I checked the monitor with my laptop and it works perfectly fine. I tried to open the cd drives of the computer and they work perfectly fine too.

Please help me . Thank you!

Specs:

AMD Sempron 2800+
ASRock K8Upgrade-VM800
Windows XP Pro SP2

A:Computer Doesn't Boot

Start by checking your disks. Go to Start > Run, and type:

chkdsk X: /f

where X: is the drive letter of the drive you want to check. If the drive is in use, a message will appear and ask if you want the drive checked on the next boot. Answer "Y".

If you can't get into Windows, boot from the XP CD, choose "R" for "repair", and enter the Recovery Console. Run chkdsk /p on your drives.

Type: map to find out what drive letters are being used for what drives in the RC.

If you don't have an XP CD, download this NTFS Disk Check Floppy Image.
Download the file, put a floppy in your drive, run the program to create the bootable floppy, and boot the machine from the floppy you made., run it to create a bootable floppy, boot from the floppy and check your disks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot.607703/
Relevancy 52.03%

The other day I went to restart my computer, on restart it showed the motherboard info for longer than usual maybe 10-20 secs then proceeded to boot windows. About 2-3 days later I was doing a few things, computer froze so I manually had to shut off and turn back on the computer and it would show the motherboard information and not do anything from there just sit there. Tried to boot again maybe 3 times and nothing changed. Everything powered up fine ect ect. Took the case off looked at a few things, everything looked fine. Turned it back on and it booted right away like normal. Didn't have the keyboard plugged in so I had to restart again and was going to anyways to see what it would do and it booted just fine again. Any idea what this problem MAY be? Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

So I was just sitting down watching a gaming stream online when all of a sudden i hear a beep My monitor goes blank but my computer still appears to be on I then decide to try and restart my computer it gets as far as the windows XP loading screen and stops so i try to restart again This time it manages to get past the loading screen but then a small blue box with nothing inside appears on my screen I restart again and this time i get a blue screen with text detailing the issue and that i should restart before more damage is caused I restart and this time nothing happens The computer turns on but nothing else It sounds as if the psu fan is speeding up Doesn't But Up Computer On Boot Turns and slowing down continuously It s a hard noise to describe It doesn t feel like the psu fan is blowing any air out when i put my hand next to it am i right to Computer Turns On But Doesn't Boot Up think that i have a dead psu or is it something much worse S thankyou for anyone that can provide advice and thoughts on this Computer Turns On But Doesn't Boot Up situations EDIT I m beginning to think it is the graphics card the sound which i originally thought was coming from the psu seems to be coming from my graphics card It would make sense seeing as the monitor went blank but the computer remained on Now the question is is my graphics card dead nbsp

A:Computer Turns On But Doesn't Boot Up

Hello Turco17

My name is Gagandeep and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
I regret that you are having problems with your system. I would be glad to assist you.
As mentioned earlier by you the system does not goes past windows xp.
Try booting the system in safe mode.
In safe mode go to msconfig and try disabling the services to check if the computer boots up in normal mode or not.
To go in msconfig:
Click Start and go to Run.
Type ‘’msconfig’’
Under msconfig go to the ‘’services’’ tab.
Please let me know the findings. Glad to help.
Thank you for choosing Dell.
Thanks & Regards
Dell_Gagandeep_k
Dell Social Media Responder
You can reach us at:
https://www.facebook.com/dell
http://en.community.dell.com/
https://twitter.com/#!/dellcares

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-boot-up.1062460/
Relevancy 51.6%

When I turn on my computer(4 year old Compaq with 756M RAM), sometimes it boots up just to a point. When I double click on a shortcut like Internet Explorer, nothing comes up. I would then have to restart the computer and hope that the boot is successful and I can open up something.

Maybe I have too much stuff running in the background? I have Zone Alarm, Cyberpatrol and Grisoft anti-spyware going all the time.

I have a 4 year old Compaq with 756 meg RAM.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 51.6%

ok this is what happened i installed pc wizard and it froze but i couldn t end the task using task manager so i reset boot doesn't Solved: computer my computer when it restarted i got to the windows xp loading screen with the blue bar and it just stays there forever so i reboot again this time trying safe mode but when safe mode tries to load it freezes at mup sys i tried booting with last known good configuration and i just get the Solved: computer doesn't boot windows xp loading screen with the blue bar forever Solved: computer doesn't boot so i try using my windows xp home cd to try to open the recovery console i tap the r key like crazy and it continues with the windows setup then eventually i get a blue screen error saying something about pci sys i try booting up with my windows xp media edition cd which is the OS i have installed and I tap r like crazy again and it just continues with the setup until it eventually stops when trying to load windows setup I ve searched the internet and i can t find a solution I dont want to take this to the manufacturer nor reformat since my notes are on my computer and my exam is in two weeks I hope someone here knows what to do if there is i would be very grateful thanks Kossta nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

When I turned my computer this morning it didn't bootup. My monitor says no signal, The power indicator led turns on and I can hear the fan. The HD led doesn't light up or flicker at all.

A:[SOLVED] Computer doesn't boot

Sounds like a hardware failure. You can open the case and try removing and then reseating all of the cards, RAM, and cables.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-doesnt-boot-415396.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a sony vaio. When i press the "on" button, the three little lights at the top will come on and then stay on, then the screen stays blank. Sometimes it will boot as far as the vaio logo and then either freeze or go blank. I used to be able to turn it off and on till it came to the windows screen, but it doesnt do this anymore. Can someone tell me what they think is the problem?

A:My computer doesn't boot up to windowsxp

I think Power Supply
Even though you get power, the power supply may still be giving incorrect voltages

But do the voltage disperse thing first (as a hopeful test)

Pull out all the power
Hold down the power on switch for 30 secs
Put the power cord back in
Turn on

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-doesnt-boot-up-to-windowsxp.99185/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello TSG,

I'm working on a computer which, upon my attempt to boot, only the processor fan spins and a constant beeping sounds.

We've tested the 24-pin power connector with a multimeter and all the voltages except one are exactly what they should be (the purple wire is slightly over the voltage the PSU says it should be).

I've also tested the RAM and I still can't get it to boot.

The main power button doesn't work either, so I have to turn the PSU on and off to get all of this to happen.

Does anyone have further ideas? Something screams power supply to me, but the multimeter checks it out.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi So I've got a problem new after at adding doesn't boot My RAM computer all with RAM I have DDR slots yellow and black ones on my old Asus P PL -E mainboard I've been only using the yellow ones until today with x Gb Samsung Mhz RAM modules Today I bought another pair of Samsung RAM same size but they're working on Mhz I put them into the black slots then the My computer doesn't boot at all after adding new RAM computer didn't boot at all only black screen After that I put the new memory modules in the good ol' yellow RAM slots and left the old modules out and it works perfectly So my question could My computer doesn't boot at all after adding new RAM the problem be the frequency differences between the pair of RAMs or maybe the black RAM slots that weren't used at all before could be faulted Both RAM modules work perfectly so that shouldn't be a My computer doesn't boot at all after adding new RAM problem I've tried to find some related settings in bios but nothing at all so I don't know what to do now I appreciate any help

A:My computer doesn't boot at all after adding new RAM

You should -only- every buy RAM of the same exact type, size, everything. The more you change, the more it doesn't work. Any higher frequency will be changed to the lower one anyway automatically. Not a good idea o.0

That is why it doesn't work. Hope this helps

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/43000-my-computer-doesnt-boot-all-after-adding-new-ram.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Mikrotik RouterOS v4.11 on intel PC. The server is connected to electric timer that shutdown for half an hour a day. When the timer turn on the computer turn on without pressing the turn on button.

but now the computer doesn't turn on by itself. I have to turn it on from turn on button.

Relevancy 51.6%

ok well i ll start by giving the type of computer i am messing with it is an HP pavilion turns Computer on doesn't but boot up A W and heres the problem a couple of days ago my girlfriends family came to me Computer turns on but doesn't boot up with a computer problem it turns out that her sister was rough handling the computer while Computer turns on but doesn't boot up it was plugged in and completly ruined the power supply the input on it was broken and knocked loose and they said when they turn it on it starts up the fans run for a second and then it cuts off so i brought it home with me switched out the power supply with an equal w Bestec power supply i booted the computer up fine numerous times with no problems at all Well they bring it home and plug it in only to run into the same problem it starts up the fans run and then it cuts off numerous times before i unplug it Now i am a little knowledgeable on computers ive built many of my own and i have never run into this problem I have even gone as far as unplugging the chasis fan the hard drive as well as the disc drive and any media ports on the front of the computer to see if wattage was the case and as far as im concerned it isnt Now the funny thing is the fans do seem to run a little weaker here than they do at my house Now it is a Pin mother board and i was messing around with it and when i bring it down to just Pin it runs about like it did at my house the fans dont seem to be running weak at all but it still wont boot up it just keeps running in a cycle it starts up runs for a couple seconds and dies with no screen at all Yes ive unplugged everything before putting in the new PS i mean ive even went as far as putting in a new CPU any suggestions I knew i hated HP for a reason as well as any OEM computers and this is why i build my own nbsp

A:Computer turns on but doesn't boot up

Bestec power supplies are not good at all. The original supply could have taken out the motherboard with it. The CPU is probably ok

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-boot-up.115925/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey Hey,

The computer in question is an HP dv1000 laptop. Pretty standard type of set up. The OS is XP, and I believe it was SP2 (unless SP3 was released for real... I've kept it up to date).

Prior to the crash the computer was running fine. The only new hardware I had added was to plug in a microphone and to install Skype, but that was two days before and although skype was running when it crashed, I don't think the microphone would have been a cause.

Regardless, I got a BSoD ("Kernel_data_inpage_error" at address "ftdisk.sys F7449642" and "beginning dump of physical memory" were all I wrote down, unfortunately), and the computer won't even boot now, making it difficult for me to diagnose. Could this be bad memory? Could it be a hard drive crash? Any ideas?

I really appreciate any help! Thanks!

A:Computer doesn't boot after Kernel_data_inpage_error

Just a little more detail about HOW it doesn't boot: I press the power button and the little power indicator light turns on, but nothing else happens. The backlight stays off, the harddrive doesn't spin up, the fans don't start: nothing.

Does anyone need to know anything else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot-after-kernel_data_inpage_error.733809/
Relevancy 51.6%

Gr I need help My computer doesn t boot up It turns on fans running and HDD turning but nothing pops up on the screen I can leave it running for hours and nothing happens No beeps fans are running lights are on DVD drive will open and shut but no screen I ve tried everything-- removing RAM different GFX card etc -- and nothing on doesn't but Computer boot turns seems to work At first all I had to do was remove a CD and it worked but after that the keyboard and mouse didn t work so I shut it down and now it won t come back up I m suspecting the motherboard or the power supply unit but I m not too sure I can t check the PSU because I don t have access to the items needed The computer is a HP a n with a PNY GT and PNY GB RAM both of Computer turns on but doesn't boot which were installed a couple of months ago I hope you guys can help Thanks Burke nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone,

My computer powers up, but nothing happen from there. The screen stays blank.

I took a look around and everything seems to be connected correctly. However, the CPU is stuck to the bottom of the CPU Cooler (Not sure of this is normal, or if the CPU has overheated and melted).

I've tried switching RAM, so that's not the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Also is it normal for the CPU to be stuck to the top of the cooler?

A:Computer power up, doesn't boot

Yes, the heatsink/fan assembly can be "stuck" to the top of the cpu by heat transfer compounds.

Re non booting, do you have any more detail, such as odd things which may have been happening prior to the pc failing to start. Also, confirm nothing is appearing at all on the screen - no post text. Has anything been changed prior to this happening.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-power-up-doesnt-boot.497946/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone I ve got this problem that s driving me mad and I can t seem to figure it out I have an Intel P ghz on a Intel D GLC motherboard It s about a year and half old and a couple of weeks ago I started noticing problems with booting and it seemed to be power related It won t start up anymore doesn't Computer anymore boot The green light inside goes on so it does have power then when I push the power button there are ways it responds Either the green powerlight goes on and stays on and the cpu fan wil rotate once or twice and then stops it won t do anything else nothing happens at all not even the green light goes on It alternates between these two situations It seems like it gets a short boost of power and then stops I had the power supply checked and it was fine and I just replaced the fan and Computer doesn't boot anymore the power cable as well so that s not it The processor seems fine no bend pins or burns This is really frustrating me and I would really appreciate it if anyone has any input I could bring it in but these people charge bucks just to look at the thing nbsp

A:Computer doesn't boot anymore

In response 1 does the green powerlight stay on after the cpu fan stops.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-boot-anymore.39319/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Dell desktop pc, and when i turn the power on i hear a series of beeps, ( they are long beeps, i cant count them as they dont seem to stop until i turn the computer off again) the computer sounds as if it has turned on but the monitor is black. If i leave the computer for a couple days and then try again it starts up no problem and i am able to use it, but sometimes it wont start up.
can anyone help me with figuring this out please?
thanks

A:Dell computer doesn't boot up

Try removing and reseating your RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-computer-doesnt-boot-up-594433.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I was fortunate to have had an FDC failure and subsequently a chip on my motherboard starting smoking. Also at this stage I was unable to boot my computer up at all. I also then witnessed what can only be described as a flash bang. At this stage no power went through my computer.
So I went out and bought a new motherboard, new floppy drive, new power supply. Yet my computer still does not boot and though there is power running through the computer (all three lights on the keyboard - num lock, scroll lock, caps lock - light up) there is still no action from anything else. The CPU fan sits idle and does not spin, the hard drive doesn't kick in. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER??
Any advice or help would be much appreciated as the neighbours dog (pet, not wife) is becoming an attractive target for my anger.
Thanks

A:Why Doesn't Make Computer Boot?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I fear that your cpu may also be a victim.

The only way to find out for sure is if you can test it in another system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-doesnt-make-computer-boot.19828/
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer starts up but doesn't boot from the floopy. I'm trying to format another hard drive and I put a boot disk in and it says "no opersting system". And when I have the normal hard drive in it starts loading the operating system. Can someone please help.

A:Computer doesn't boot from floppy

You'll need to enter bios setup and check the boot options, apparently the floppy drive is not listed. Change options to floppy first, then harddrive, hopefully that will take care of it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot-from-floppy.110862/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok, so I have a netbook that someone brought to me and they said that they had a virus. I then cleaned what I thought was all of it and gave it back to the customer. They then brought it home and booted it up and it would load to the point where you see the desktop background picture but will go no further. I can control alt delete and the task manager comes up but I can't really do anything from here, even run explorer.exe.

She then mentioned that she has Frostwire on the computer, and I read up on it and I heard that it is like a cest pool for viruses. Could this be what is keeping the computer from running properly?

How should I go about fixing this issue so the computer is running fine again and actually boots up to the desktop fully.

Thanks!

A:Computer doesn't want to fully boot up.

Will it boot into Safe Mode, if so scroll down to 'Safe Mode with Networking ' dowload something link Uninstall tool from here at BC or download Revo Uninstaller, then uninstall Frostwire then try rebooting into normal mode, and rerun all thee various scans you used before to clean it out in the 1st place, if it won't rebooot into normal mode then reboot again into safe mode and try running some of the scans you used !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375790/computer-doesnt-want-to-fully-boot-up/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I am new to this forum and hope that someone can help me My computer randomly won t boot After shutting down correctly on next boot attempt the computer will stall after POST and say that the operating system cannot be loaded If I click to load windows normally it hangs then turns off then on again the computer itself stays powered on but the system resets This also happens if I try to repair Subsequent attempts even if I use last known good configuration get shorter and shorter until there is no activity at all except for the tower still being powered but nothing else no splash screen etc happening just cycling on and boot. doesn't Computer randomly off Then one random time the computer will boot and I will get three or four days of normal operation then it starts again I have run diagnostics on the hardware and it says that everything is fine but I know different Could it be the CMOS battery Diagnostics put the battery at Computer randomly doesn't boot. - which I think is strange I can t take the computer into a store for testing because the tower weighs kg Hopefully someone has some advice for me Computer randomly doesn't boot. Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Computer randomly doesn't boot. Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EX -EXTREME Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer randomly doesn't boot.

what power supply

make
model
wattage

when you say it does not boot,do you hear the single post beep or any series of beeps

what does the bios list for the voltages

the battery can cause all types of problems,replace it and see if that improves the problem

a common cause of failing to boot can be a problem usb connected

if you see the post screens if it is usb you will see the delay while detecting usb

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-doesnt-boot.1097455/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an older computer running Windows XP and Xubuntu I don t think it matters which OS is running though for this particular issue though The doesn't every up boot Computer time. computer works great for it s age it s been relatively stable since Computer doesn't boot up every time. the day I got it I can keep Linux up for weeks at a time The last few months it s been having trouble booting up It will freeze right after it says something like this Primary Master lt Stuff Here gt Sec Slave lt Stuff Here gt It often freezes up at that point right after listing the slave and master info You know when you can push DEL or F It will not enter the BIOS setup however it does acknowledge that the key is pressed It will say --- gt SETUP or something instead of DEL SETUP I can t remember exactly The first few weeks it only took one or two reboots to get past the freeze which was a slight inconvenience that I lived with since I only reboot every few weeks Yesterday it took at least reboots to get past that screen and boot up my OS I then had to reboot later that day and it surprisingly didn t freeze up once when booting Any idea what the problem is Once the computer boots up it works fine nbsp

A:Computer doesn't boot up every time.

When was the last time you blew out your pc with air? It helps to keep old machines as dust free as possible

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot-up-every-time.912068/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was busy copying the latest Diggnation episode to my iPod with DiskAid and some music on in the background with WMP Suddenly everything on the screen freezes but the music keeps playing until the end of the track Rather concerned I tried to now boot. Computer and froze even doesn't start task manager nothing happened I held down the power button didn't switch off So I unplug the power cable plug it back in and the PSU fan and heatsink fan start up I hadn't pressed the power button very loudly but nothing else happens No visual output at all Then the BIOS Computer froze and now doesn't even boot. beeps after about seconds of fans 'beeee beep beep' and then the fans just carry on I unplug it again then remove the HDDs and the DVD drive Try again nothing but fans and the same beep I then remove the graphics card and plug it in Same but no beeps I then switch the graphics card replace the BIOS battery and plug it in The fans don't automatically start this time but when I press the power button they do I then remove the RAM Same result again Any ideas Computer froze and now doesn't even boot. on what is wrong with it This is my primary computer and the Computer froze and now doesn't even boot. next best computer I have is an immovable HP ZV laptop with just MB RAM and a dodgy HDD so it is pretty essential that this works again S I built it myself out of parts from eBay etc about a year ago but only got it working about two months ago Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Computer froze and now doesn't even boot.

Try reseating the video card/memory.

If that doesn't work:
I would try unplugging your machine from power, holding down the power button for a minute, then plugging it back in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158740-computer-froze-now-doesnt-even-boot.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Windows Vista 64bit.

Here's what happened.
Yesturday, the compuer was working fine. Then, I installed the program GameCam v2 from the creator's website. When I started recording with it, these small boxes were flickering all over the screen.

When I turned off the game and gamecam, the boxes were still flickering, but on the desktop. I restarted the comptuer and it didn't boot since, it hangs on the loading screen.

I tried to boot from safemode, didn't boot. Then I tried Last Known Good Configuration, didn't boot. I don't know what else to do.

My computer is custom and didn't come with any recovery cds, and my warranty ran out. It came with a Vista disk, so I can format, but it'll lose alot of stuff.

Is there anything that can be done other then formatting?

A:Computer doesn't boot to windows.

hi tyr this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial148.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-doesnt-boot-to-windows-411050.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone I'm having an issue while booting up boot up doesn't Computer properly an old PC of mine It worked completely fine last night but this morning it just doesn't boot up normally The issue is I press the boot button and the usual light next to it on the computer case that should pop up when it's open doesn't Everything else inside the computer seems to Computer doesn't boot up properly be working fine fan cooler etc No unusual sounds noticed Computer doesn't boot up properly Motherboard beeps just fine But because the light doesn't pop up I'm assuming it suggests the computer isn't fully started somehow since no monitor recognizes that it's started up so the monitor stays 'no signal' mode So I cannot access the PC blank What should I be looking at What could be wrong Thanks a lot in advance Attached some files from since I cant get new ones Differences new Kingstom memory module replaced the unbranded one and I'm fairly sure I've got it a new power supply unit Motherboard MOBOT Motherboard Spec Sheet ECS C GM-M V Motherboards org http i imgur com RRPJMmD jpg

A:Computer doesn't boot up properly

Welcome to TSF! Thanks for posting the Specs on your system. It appears to be a custom-built PC. Did you build it yourself then? Or buy it from a Computer Store?

In any case it's an XP-era computer, about 8 years old or so. You'll need to do some testing on the RAM, Hard Drive, and Motherboard. Here's my modified Troubleshooting Guide that you can use for this: So many problems
Please see POST #5, by BIGBEARJEDI.
[you'll notice this Guide is geared towards laptops, but works just as well for troubleshooting desktops. Simply ignore the test items on things such as the AC Adapter and the DC Power Jack.]

I also suggest you print a hardcopy of these instructions out on another working computer you have either at home, or on a computer that a friend/neighbor/co-worker/family-member has. It will be 7-8 pages.

None of the 3 reports you attached show the hard drive Make/Model, so you will need to find this out. If you view the SPECCY report you attached in full, it will show you the Hard Drive Make Model. You didn't attach the full report, only the Summary page. Of course unless you removed the Hard Drive.

If the Hard Drive you have in this PC is also 8 years old, it's very likely it's failing or faulty. You mentioned the Motherboard beeps, or produces audio codes. If you did NOT remove BOTH the Hard Drive and the RAM when you did this test, this indicates a Motherboard Failure and it must be replaced. Hard Drives go out after 5 years in desktops; so it's a 90% chance that's it. However, if the MB produces beep codes with both RAM and HDD removed; it's for sure the MB, especially with the Phoenix BIOS you are running.

Run the tests, answer back our questions, and let us know how it goes.

Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-doesnt-boot-up-properly-937970.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

Yesterday I tried to work on my computer. I had a project. I turned on the PC but it didn't boot... So take a look at the video for more... Please help, I have to finish my project by Saturday.. I need your help!! Thanks !!

06212012018 - YouTube

A:[SOLVED] My computer doesn't boot

To start out, please post the make and model of your laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-my-computer-doesnt-boot-651505.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi first I want to apologize if there are spelling mistakes and stuff english isn't my native the problem - I have a pc running W professional bit and I've done defragment to computer doesn't boot defragment after the hard drive with Perfectdisk like every month and after it was done I surfed a litte and it was very slow and stuck so I rebooted the computer doesn't load it ask if I want to repair or load normally if I try load normally it quot load quot on the w icon and then restart i'm trying to repair with ERD commander and it load very slow it recognized my drive as quot d quot it was c and it says that it is bytes and I can't open it the hard drive fix tool says computer doesn't boot after defragment quot the request could not be performed because of an i o device error quot sfc tool says there are no damgged files I've done chkdsk d r f in cmd and it gave a lot of quot File record segment XXXX is unreadable quot and after that File verification completed deleting orphan file record segment failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status and it didn't moved to the next phase please help I really need this computer working

A:computer doesn't boot after defragment

please help
I tried chkdsk d: /v /f and it said
An unspecified error occured (6672732e637878 41a)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/340552-computer-doesnt-boot-after-defragment.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys.
Here's my problem:
When I try to start up one of my computers, it doesn't boot, but instead makes some beeps (one long beep followed by three short ones). I've taken computer classes before and I know that those beeps could mean several things. Do you guys know what could possibly be wrong? Nothing displays on the screen either.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 51.6%

New to boards have a problem as well Hi all I have been reading on this forum for a while and finally signed up I am fairly new to building computers though I have successfully built a few I am building one for a friend right now and am having problems with it Its all assembled however the computer is not powering on I have done searches with no luck to the exact powers up, Computer doesn't boot but problem I am having The issue is that the CPU fan and PSU fan are both powering on and will stay on but I am getting nothing else I have checked all my connections and everything seems ok I am running an Elitegroup RS -A MB and a Ghz Pentium Processor The PSU is Watt however I tried a Watt Computer powers up, but doesn't boot out of my personal computer and got the same results The Hard Drive is not spinning and the lights on the CD DVD RW Drive are on but hitting the eject button gets no result What could the problem be Thanks in advance for all your help nbsp

A:Computer powers up, but doesn't boot

Welcome to the board.

Does that motherboard support the latest Intel CPU's? I've seen some issues where the board doesn't support, for example, a prescott CPU and the same thing happens. A BIOS update can normally fix this.

Any beeps coming from the PC speaker? Everything seated properly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-up-but-doesnt-boot.49278/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have recently upgraded to Windows Vista Service Pack 2 from SP1; the installation appeared to have gone fine (no errors, step 3 of 3 complete - then reboot) but when i tried booting the computer, it hangs on the windows loading screen (green bar moving). I have left it overnight (>6 hours) and it is still loading. I have tried booting into safe mode, but it gets stuck on 'please wait' after loading 'null.sys'; i have also tried directory services restore mode

Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista (Build 6002, Service Pack 2)
There arent any new drivers installed yet.

A:After Vista SP2 upgrade, computer doesn't boot

do you have the vista recovery disc? if not you can download it here and boot your pc to do a repair http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-vista-sp2-upgrade-computer-doesnt-boot-422929.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've had a Dell XPS for one week Already it doesn't boot to Windows After putting it in my Vista password it takes longer than normal before the screen goes blank note my desktop background is all black Again after a longer than normal wait the McAfee logo appears Then nothing although I can hear that there is some HD activity for a few minutes The only way I can get the computer to respond is by swiping my finger over the scanner Brand Doesn't Computer Vista and Boot New This makes the fingerprint software pop-up I've Brand New Computer and Vista Doesn't Boot tried restoring it to different earlier configurations and I tried the first option in repairing Vista as well something about fixing start-up problems Same result I've also tried booting in safe mode Dell Tech support told me I need to restore to factory conditions but I am trying to avoid that My suspicion is that this has something to do with the fingerprint scanner as I had just set it up for the first time prior to this issue Because it was Brand New Computer and Vista Doesn't Boot the only software responding I set it up for a second time while I was having this problem and merged my old swipes with my second set-up I can't find a way to disable it in the BIOS to test my theory It's running -bit SP The machine has gigs of RAM Any ideas Thanks

A:Brand New Computer and Vista Doesn't Boot

Best to ring dell support as your warrenty will in ensure you get a new machine if they cant fix your current one

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/brand-new-computer-and-vista-doesnt-boot-266824.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, i got this virus yesterday that my eset antivirus spotted and couldn't remove, i tried to cure it with dr web cure it but and at the end it said something like "virus couldn't save boot memory swith to normal boot?" and i clicked yes then the real problems started, everytime boot my computer it says insert windows disk to repair the windows, when i insert and try to boot from the disk i always get a blue screen, either the known dll could not be verified or page fault in non page area where it asks e to disable bios memory and shadowing and cpu internal cache.
my motherboard is evga 680i sli and i can only find the cpu internal cache where if i disable it slows down my pc to the point it gets stuck.
I tried switching hard drives and still have the same problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A:olmarik trojan computer doesn't boot need help

ESET has a 'removal' tool ... Standalone malware removal tools - ESET Knowledgebase

Scroll down to the Win32/OlmarikTdl4

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/160971-olmarik-trojan-computer-doesnt-boot-need-help.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Okay first off I d like to say hi I am a newbie to this site and would like you guys to know that your doing a great job with techies and not so techies Now down to business I don t know how it began but out of the blue explorer didn t boot I have no idea how it could have happened but it did I tried to load it through task manager no accessible and my doesn't explorer isn't boot computer good it acts as if explorer isn t a command or application stating I should try typing it again and checking the spelling because what I typed couldn t be found I tried to access my computer and explorer doesn't boot and my computer isn't accessible that was no good as well I was able to reach regedit msconfig and taskmanager even access the internet still using taskmngr to open my browser I was so mad at what happened I blindly went through the registry and deleted a few items I know that was a bone headed move and even more a kicker I didn t log what I did Sorry I m a newbie I was suffering a bit searching for fixes through google because a lot of the time I was being redirected to other sites which lead me to believe it was for sure some type of virus my McAffee missed So disgusted I used Combofix with out the proper knowledge explorer doesn't boot and my computer isn't accessible of using It did stop the redirecting of sites and sped up the booting process which had slowed extremely I do have the logs the times I used it plus I used another called hitman pro it detected that Microsoft Office was a virus and a host of others I take complete responsibility if my PC isn t able to boot from here on out but I have used the fix with out any extra damage being done I will attach both logs and hope that you guys can save a drowning newbie please have mercy on us impatient people and lend out a techy hand thank you for your time

A:explorer doesn't boot and my computer isn't accessible

Hi, BAG56 While in the Task Manager, press the CTRL key and click on New Task simultaneously. The Command prompt window will be displayed. Copy and Paste the following command and press Enter:Copy c:\windows\system32\dllcache\explorer.exe C:\WindowsIf asked to overwrite, select Yes.Restart the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336285/explorer-doesnt-boot-and-my-computer-isnt-accessible/
Relevancy 51.17%

If anyone could help me out with this problem it would be greatly appreciated My power supply automatically turns on when I plug the power cord into it As soon as it turns on the fans and LEDs both on the motherboard and on the doesn't but boot distributes power, PSU computer front computer panel light up However the front computer panel lights just PSU distributes power, but computer doesn't boot STAY ON they PSU distributes power, but computer doesn't boot aren t blinking as if they were a PSU distributes power, but computer doesn't boot result of the Harddrive actually doing anything I don t hear the harddrive spinning and I don t see anything on the monitor So if I hit the power button on the front panel it doesn t do anything It won t turn off either if I hold it down for seconds like most computers shut off I did some trouble shooting and unplugged everything to boil down where the problem was exactly coming from and it seems like it is somewhere between the power-supply and the motherboard because it still does this when I unplug everything ram IDE cables graphics card except for the power supply s pin connector to my motherboard I did some research online and it talks about how power supplies automatically shut down to prevent any damage in abrupt changes in the voltage going through the circuit but it doesn t say anything about why the power automatically turns on I then replaced my new computer s Power supply unit into this computer and it does the same thing so it isn t a power supply unit problem however it could be a power supply to motherboard problem which it most likely is but does anyone know how to bypass this to where I can atleast get to the bios A few problems I have considered Something with the power good power on data in the bios of the motherboard which would mean I would have to replace my motherboard Something on my motherboard telling PSU that the temperature is wrong so it automatically spins the fans but it doesn t make sense because I can t even turn on or off the computer I have a DELL Dimension P running on windows XP This problem occured after I had opened my computer to inspect the wires and ram and took off the heatsink to make sure there was enough thermal compound on the processor Thanks for the help guys nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Alright so I purchased a PNY x new Installed computer old RAM, now Solved: RAM. doesn't even with Not boot. GB RAM pack Solved: Installed new RAM, now computer doesn't boot. Not even with old RAM. I installed the RAM and when I attempted to boot the computer the power light is on but apparently the hard drives and disk drives aren t running because I can t hear the whirr of the hard drives when first turned on I can feel the fan in the back spin for about a second then stop There is no display at all or beeping The fans work fine The previous RAM was Kingston MB DDR PC and Infineon x MB So I tried reseating the RAM no good So then I tried using the old RAM No good same problem Then I researched the web for help so I tried reseating the power cables in the case A few of the cables I couldn t disconnect so I gave it a Solved: Installed new RAM, now computer doesn't boot. Not even with old RAM. hard nudge in place which I also did for every other cable Still not booting Now I am gonna try reseating ALL of the power cables next no matter how diffucult some are to remove but it seems not very necessary for all of the cables are tight in place Maybe it s Solved: Installed new RAM, now computer doesn't boot. Not even with old RAM. the PSU or processor but I highly doubt it because the computer was running flawlessly before I started to intall the new RAM Even if this RAM isn t compatible with my motherboard I m thinking quot Well it shouldn t damage the power supply or anything at all All I did was add RAM quot So I am very reluctant to replace the power supply processor or motherboard Please help and thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Installed new RAM, now computer doesn't boot. Not even with old RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-new-ram-now-computer-doesnt-boot-not-even-with-old-ram.777524/
Relevancy 51.17%

I posted in these forums about 3 weeks ago becuase my computer wasn't powering on. It just flickered when I hit the power button and then died. only the led fans lit up, for a second, nothing started spinning.

I've tried EVERYTHING with my old mobo and psu, including shorting out the pins, resetting cmos, unplugging HDD, etc, I'm pretty sure i did literally everything to try and fix it.

I bought a new mobo (p5n-e) and PSU (rosewill 550w) to replace my previous components (p5b and FSP 450w) first I got the new mobo and plugged it into my old PSU, that didn't work, so I figured either my PSU and my mobo were both fried, or my PSU was fried, so i got a new Mobo

MY COMPUTER STILL DOES NOT BOOT UP!!! even with new MOBO and PSU

HELP!!!

A:HELP! I've replaced my mobo and PSU and my computer STILL! doesn't boot

Perhaps the CPU is the next potential culprit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-ive-replaced-my-mobo-and-psu-and-my-computer-still-doesnt-boot.72827/
Relevancy 51.17%

I renamed Windows/system32/Lsass.exe because I was told it was a troyan.
Now Windows XP loads but freezes before getting started.

Question: How I rename the file back to return the computer to normal.

I tried a Windows XP CD but the Console it doesn't recognize the hard drive.

Is it possible to create a restore CD in ANOTHER computer to boot with the CD and have access to the hard disk so I can rename the file back? and How to create the CD?

Windows XP SP 3 Home version
Compaq Presario V5000

A:How to rename a file if computer doesn't boot?

You could boot up with an Ubuntu Live CD to access and rename that file. That's just one way to do it.
In the future use anti-virus software to scan for and quarantine or delete viruses.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-rename-a-file-if-computer-doesnt-boot-447049.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I have installed a DVD player burner in my sons computer but when we try to boot up it comes up insert Diskette,I thought maybe it is the jumper on the DVD player moved it to all positions still no joy.If I take the DVD player out the computer boots up and starts fine.I tried changing the boot order as well still wont start up.I only know a small amount of knowledge of computers so any ideas to fix this problem.Regards Martin.

A:Computer doesn't boot with DVD player connected

Jumper and diskette? Is this an old computer w/ a disk drive? With disk drive and DVD player connected with a flat wide ribbon cable (IDE)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-boot-with-dvd-player-connected.189420/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I m wondering if anyone could help a complete newbie Here is my problem - my year old computer commonly freezes during startup or shortly after during the first several minutes After those first critical minutes have passed the machine can go on freezes or Computer doesn't randomly boot running smoothly for hours After the problem first appeared a few months ago a simple solution seemed to be to plug in USB devices only after Windows SP was running and not before turning the computer on It seems that now the problem is getting worse and worse USB devices connected or not the computer tends to hang Once reset it usually fails to boot at all The fans are running the drives respond but the green LED on the case power is off and the screen stays black no beeps It takes quite a lot of attemps to even get to the memory test I wonder where to start I just downloaded and ran SpeedFan and here are the results Temp C Temp C Temp C HD C Temp C Vcore V Computer freezes randomly or doesn't boot Vcore V V V V V V V - V - V - V - V V V Vbat V I don t have a clue with what components those voltages correspond to but those V and V look suspicious for me Thanks in advance for any suggestions Cheers Piotr nbsp

A:Computer freezes randomly or doesn't boot

i think it could be the motherboard. did you install any new hardware/any usb ports damaged? are usb devices recognized on your computer? temps seem to be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-randomly-or-doesnt-boot.49091/
Relevancy 51.17%

During a storm, our computer got a power surge. It will turn on but it says there is a " Boot Disk Error or disk cannot be found". The computer also doesnt detect the wireless keyboard, so I cant F11.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Computer-doesn-t-boot-or-recognize-the-keyboard/td-p/5676723
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I currently have two hard drives and run a dual boot into Computer hard boot doesn't drive(s) setup On my main hard drive I have a partition for Windows XP and a partition for the rest of my crap On my other hard drive I run Ubuntu Normally I have been using Ubuntu and have had no virus issues whatsoever Today Computer doesn't boot into hard drive(s) I seemed to have gotten an quot antivirus scanner virus quot I have had great Computer doesn't boot into hard drive(s) success using Malwarebytes in the past so I kicked Computer doesn't boot into hard drive(s) off a scan of that and left my computer alone Turns out this virus shut down Explorer and eventually gave me hard drive error messages I don't remember exactly what it said but they were along the lines of this Cannot write to disk Hard drive clusters failed Hard drive is running out of space not true I decided to let my Malwarebytes scan continue figuring these might be bogus messages trying to scare me Anyway Malwarebytes finished scanning found some infections and needed to restart to complete the removal process I reboot and find out that it goes through trying to boot from my CD drives and then just hangs when trying to boot from my hard drives Neither hard drive appears to boot up Both are visible in BIOS I can boot from a Live Ubuntu CD and access data on both hard drives as well Is there anything I can do Or should I just try and use the Live CD and reinstall everything I'd prefer not to do something that extreme If you need any additional information let me know Thanks for any and all assistance

A:Computer doesn't boot into hard drive(s)

When you say it hangs when trying to boot from your hard drives, do you get any kind of message? Or just a blinking cursor in the top left of your screen?

Also, I'm assuming you are using the default boot manager to choose which OS to boot?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-doesnt-boot-into-hard-drive-s-545858.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer is a HP pavilion M N with vista was using it today walked away and came back and the screen was black with a blinking curser I couldn t do anything else so I had to hold the on off button When I turned on the computer it says quot windows error recovery quot and I launch windows startup repair It says Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically help Computer won't and boot startup doesn't repair up I tried restarting to a restore point but it says there are to restore points I put the vista disk in selected quot repair computer - gt command prompt and entered chkdsk r and it says quot the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is right protected I have a back Computer won't boot up and startup repair doesn't help up computer but I would love to get this one working again even if it just to back up photos and emails since the last time I backed up Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello. I have an HP computer running Xp Home that recently had the following message and wouldn't boot:

Windows could not start because of an error in the software.
Please report this problem as :
load needed dlls for kernel.
Please contact your support person to report this problem

I ran HP Recovery which resolved that error... but now I have another problem. During the recovery process there were several .DLL files that it said couldn't be recovered. Now when I boot I get the HP startup screen, then it goes to a black screen with about 10 random characters and figures which aren't even on the keybord, in the top left corner of the screen. It doesn't boot past this. However, if I press F10 during startup (which should be System Recovery) it doesn't give me the garbled letters and it boots normally. Has anyone come across something like this before? Thanks!

A:Random characters, computer doesn't boot

Here's a bump, if needed.

What does HP say about the symptoms? What you relate as the response to F10 from the spash screen does not resemble the expected challenges asking to confirm your intentions to access the recovery partition. Yet you conclude that it boots normally.

If you made a set of CDs for System Recovery (HP oem load), this may duplicate what you termed HP Recovery. One of the options may be to restore the Recovery Partition.

Any of this deletes user files & applications.

You could pursue this as a virus/malware attack, but I doubt that it is worth the effort.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-characters-computer-doesnt-boot.111221/
Relevancy 50.31%

So here boot Failed??!) Solved: doesn't Computer (Overclocking is what happens This moslty happens randomly but this time Solved: Computer doesn't boot (Overclocking Failed??!) it Solved: Computer doesn't boot (Overclocking Failed??!) was after a power outage in my home I restarted my computer and there was no boot up I waited and waited and finally just restarted again Everything booted up and it came up with a message saying quot Over clocking failed quot I know that I have TPU enabled on my motherboard for added performance Now does this auto overclock my cpu If so why is it failing Would it be easier for me to turn TPU off and just overclock through the Cati Control Center I don t even know if it is doing anything extra Here is what I am running- Windows Premium AMD Phenom ii x t Ghz HD Sapphire Radeon Crossfired w PSU And here is my mobo with the TPU and EPU functions http www asus com Motherboards AMD AM Plus M A X EVO NOTE I am not using EPU nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Asus q5501l, installed a 120gig sad as the main operating system. I tried to download Windows 10 and kept on getting a USB error message so I researched it and found something about increasing the partitions incentives ssds tend to small partitions or something of thst nature, so I did that and now it won't boot.

I want to reinstall my old hard drive and install Windows 10 but if I wanted to try to restore my ssd on the main partition how do indo that?

A:Increased partition size, computer doesn't boot.

Quote: Originally Posted by Delta808

if I wanted to try to restore my ssd on the main partition how do indo that?

You would remove the old hard drive, install the SSD, and then use your install media to install Windows onto the SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/377966-increased-partition-size-computer-doesnt-boot.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I was listening to music when my computer froze up doesn't Windows HDD won't now boot recognize login, Computer and to so I rebooted and when Computer won't boot to Windows login, and now doesn't recognize HDD I got to the Windows XP screen with the scrolling bar it immedietly restarted again I read about using the XP repair option but when I put in the xp disc that wasn t an option SO when I rebooted the system again without the xp disc I get quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media quot So I put the xp disc back in got to the windows setup but now it tells me quot Setup did not find any HDDs installed in your computer Make sure and HDDs are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that and disk-related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied dianostic or setup program Setup cannot continue Press F to quit setup quot I checked my HDD Seagate Barracuda TB and everything was properly connected I have no idea what to do anymore I would format my HDD if I could but I don t know how Please Help nbsp

A:Computer won't boot to Windows login, and now doesn't recognize HDD

avoidbears said:

I was listening to music when my computer froze up, so I rebooted and when I got to the Windows XP screen with the scrolling bar, it immedietly restarted again. I read about using the XP repair option, but when I put in the xp disc, that wasn't an option. SO when I rebooted the system again without the xp disc, I get, " Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media." So I put the xp disc back in, got to the windows setup, but now it tells me, "Setup did not find any HDDs installed in your computer. Make sure and HDDs are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that and disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied dianostic or setup program. Setup cannot continue. Press F3 to quit setup."

I checked my HDD (Seagate Barracuda 1TB) and everything was properly connected. I have no idea what to do anymore. I would format my HDD if I could but I don't know how. Please Help!Click to expand...

I could be wrong,but I've heard when you put the CD repair disk in, you're supposed to make sure it'll boot from it, then shut the pc down,wait the 30 some seconds & boot it back up so it can do its thing.
Hopefully some more knowledgeable individual can tell you if this info is correct.
I wish you the best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-to-windows-login-and-now-doesnt-recognize-hdd.172483/
Relevancy 50.31%

So each time I start up my computer, my mouse, keyboard, and headphones get recognized. My mouse is the only device of those 3 to use usb. My blue snowball microphone and my hawking directional antenna don't get recognized until I unplug them and plug them back in. It take 2-4 times of unplugging and plugging in for it to recognize my snowball. Any help so I don't have to do this? Or a fix or something?

A:Each time I boot up my computer USB stuff doesn't get recognized.

Are these devices connected to a usb hub or directly to the mobo?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/270417-each-time-i-boot-up-my-computer-usb-stuff-doesnt-get-recognized.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've had a problem with my computer over the past couple of months, for some reason every time I right click on anything other than my desktop, a link within a web browser, or a song in iTunes (and other media file players), Windows Explorer locks up and has to restart. I tried several different ways to fix the issue and resorted to several friends, but it remained unresolved, so I decided to simply back up my hard drive onto an external hard drive and reinstall Windows / format my hard drive. Immediately after I clicked the confirmation to take me to the process to restore everything to factory settings, my computer restarted only to have no screen of any sort show up. Nothing is booting, nothing is loading, no screens of any kind are showing up. I've tried two different monitors and the yellow light remains on both of them, I have no idea how to fix this. Help?

A:Trying to restore to factory settings, now computer doesn't boot

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trying-to-restore-to-factory-settings-now-computer-doesnt-boot-576909.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So. I turn my desktop on today, and it sits there, the main monitor light just blinks, my secondary monitor, after showing the MSI screen, just shows this http://i.imgur.com/hCBoFyd.jpg

After that, nothing. Computer is still on but nothing happens. I was thinking maybe something is wrong with my primary monitor, so I type in my password and hit enter. no sounds. I unplug my primary monitor and restart. No change.

My computer was also unplugged all night. The only changes made yesterday was the installation of System tools. Would that screw my computer over?

Any advice, tips, suggestions, or explanations are all welcome. I use this computer for working, and I have a mountain of important information on it.

A:Help! computer won't boot? Turns on, but doesn't go to login screen.

Hi ghostlander, welcome. We need more information about your computer. This will be a good start. http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

The only changes made yesterday was the installation of System tools. Would that screw my computer over?Click to expand...

Can you explain this in more detail please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-wont-boot-turns-on-but-doesnt-go-to-login-screen.1143204/
Relevancy 50.31%

I to have recently been bitten by whatever bug was present at http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html and http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html My computer is a BSOD X64 boot doesn't Computer Vista Consrv: Dell Inspirion with Vista x Vista X64 Consrv: BSOD Computer doesn't boot I had an infection and I use ESET and Spyware Doctor and thought that they were successfully removed until I did a reboot Upon booting up a get a BSOD that reads Stop c Unable to Locate Component This application has failed to start because consrv was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem If I try to go into repair mode it starts to load up but then a logon appears with the name quot Other User quot I ve tried every combination of logons that I know of for my computer and not one of them works I ve tried host user host user user etc and a logon error keeps returning with quot The specified domain does not exist quot This computer is not part of a domain After doing a google search I stumbled upon a post with the very same issue and I m hoping that I can get some assistance with removing this to save me from having to do a complete re install of everything I have isolated this computer so it s not connected to any live connections and have the Vista CD available Your help and assistance with this would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Vista X64 Consrv: BSOD Computer doesn't boot

Hello shft12,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. I'm going to assist you with the issue.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand Prompt[*]Select Command Prompt[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.[*]The tool will start to run.[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.[*]Press Scan button.[*]It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423157/vista-x64-consrv-bsod-computer-doesnt-boot/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey thought i'd just start by saying i dont know much about cpus but here are afew of my specs if that helps at all?

I turn my computer on but wont boot up or send signal to monitor, headset, keyboard or mouse (USB ports)

Acer

Aspire X5810

4096 Ram

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 at @2.50GHz

Direct X 11

Thanks in advance Travis.

PS if i get really annoyed and restart it afew times it starts but now i dont want to turn it off lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-boot-up-windows-7-acer-cpu.152545/
Relevancy 50.31%

I bought a new Vista machine Came to hate Vista within hours and decided to create a dual-booter XP I put on System Commander Then I plugged in my old SATA after Vista System New doesn't using Commander computer boot hard drive through a USB-casing and waited skepitically for System Commander to offer to boot from it It New Vista computer doesn't boot after using System Commander didn t No big deal I decided to make a dual boot using a new non-upgrade start-from-scratch Windows XP disk Then before even trying that something strange happened I was working in Vista The computer spontaneously rebooted The old hard drive from my other computer was still attached through the USB encasing System Commander suddenly detected its XP installation I click on XP That New Vista computer doesn't boot after using System Commander produced a unending blinking cursor I powered down and then back on The computer tried to networkbook PXE-E No boot filename received I killed LAN booting in BIOS setup Now on bootup the cursor just blinked This happened no matter who I reconfigured the boot sequence or what I chose in the BIOS boot menu System Commander was nowhere to be seen Then in desperation I put the new Windows XP CD-ROM in After all with no boot record I should be offered a clean install right The XP disk loaded a bunch of drivers That was followed by the Windows Blue Screen of Death So now I have a totally non-booting computer The computer Gateway - Q Desktop GB RAM physical hard drives SATA Gb each Drive is partitioned into C with preinstalled and D a recovery partition Drive is empty but formatted Multiformat DVD RW CD-RW bootable I also added an external Multiformat DVD RW CD-RW USB bootable and my old hard drive from my old computer through a USB-supported encasement No floppy drive That s why I did not follow System Commander s advice about making a backup boot record to a They offered no other devices on which to make such a backup Is there any hope even if just getting past the Blue SOD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-vista-computer-doesnt-boot-after-using-system-commander.648226/
Relevancy 50.31%

But it boot's outside the case just fine. I have done everything I can to get it fixed but nothing.

Specs:

Antec 900
Asus P5Q-E
Pentium 4 541
Sapphire 2600XT
2 160GB WD HDD's
1 Sony DVD Burner
OCZ 700W PSU
OCZ DDR2 800 Memory

I Checked to see if it was the PSU but it wasn't and I fount out through a shorting trick (took a twist tie and put it in the top where the green wire is, and plugged it into a black wire beside it).

Not the motherboard because I tested this outside the case and it turned on a ran with the P4 (so that also states its not the CPU).

Any other options? I don't want to take it to a computer shop but this situation is getting closer to that decision.

Help please!!!

Relevancy 50.31%

I restarted my computer with my ipod connected and for some reason, the pc took forever to boot. It never completed the start-up but I just disconnected the ipod and so the pc was able to boot.

Is it safe to leave my ipod or other usb device in while booting? I have a camera that's always connected but the pc is never slow...

A:Computer doesn't boot properly when USB device is conncected

Go into your bios and see if there is an option to boot from a USB device. If there is disable it and see if that cures the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot-properly-when-usb-device-is-conncected.826869/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Presario Computer from HP and I have a HP PSC 2210 AIo connected to it. I also have a logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse connected to the USB port. My computer will not boot to windows xp when the printer is connected and turned ON. Is there any Suggestion.

I have disable Legacy USB Support in BIOS.

Please reply ASAP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot-to-windows-with-printer-connected.399664/
Relevancy 49.88%

Yesterday I made some changes to my system by canceling programs that load at startup Musicmatch and AOL help. Won't Laptop up. boot unplugged. Pls. A dialog box popped up asking me to restart now Laptop unplugged. Won't boot up. Pls. help. or restart later I hit restart later I left the laptop on while I went to work When I got back hours later I accidentally unplugged the computer without shutting down first Now when I start up I m offered a variety of ways to boot including Last Known Good Configuration Start Windows Normally and multiple Safe Mode options I ve tried each of these options multiple times and just when I think it s going to successfully boot it reverts back to the Compaq start-up screen and goes through the process again Can anybody help me I ve had something similar happen to me before and I ended up having to salvage my laptop HDD data by hooking it up to my desktop as a slave drive Then I had to put the laptop drive back in my laptop and re-install Windows I hope somebody has a solution that will prevent me from having to go through all that again My specs Compaq Armada M Pentium III MH mb ram Windows XP Home nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Ok I ve got a weird problem and I boot unplugged for unless Won't mins 30 m not sure quite what could be causing it or how to fix it My computer runs perfectly while it s powered on I have no problems there It s when my computer gets turned off Whether it be from myself turning it off or the power going out anything that stops the computer from running I have a problem turning it back on I hit the power button and NOTHING happens I have tried hitting it the power button multiple times but to no avail I have opened my computer countless times to check if anything has wiggled loose or whathave you but Won't boot unless unplugged for 30 mins nothing seems out of place or loose or anything The ONLY way I can get my computer to turn on is flip the master power switch in the back unplug it from the wall and leave it for minutes When I come back I plug the power cord back in Won't boot unless unplugged for 30 mins flip the master power switch ON and hit the power button and everything boots up fine as if nothing ever happened I could really use your guys help this has been bugging me for quite a while now Thanks in advance for any help you can provide nbsp

A:Won't boot unless unplugged for 30 mins

The ONLY way I can get my computer to turn on, is flip the master power switch in the back, unplug it from the wall, and leave it for 30+ minutesClick to expand...

Try power cord out
Push the ON button in for 30secs
Put the power cord back in
Turn on

Also this sounds like a faulty Power Supply
But you might want to blow out all internal dust (including inside the power supply by high preasue air)

Reseat the Ram, and even try Memtest for 7 Passes
It is also possible, that something (usually USB device) connected to your computer is causing this HardWare issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wont-boot-unless-unplugged-for-30-mins.105332/
Relevancy 49.88%

For Christmas I received a gig flash drive My first thought was to put Linux on it so I could use it on my laptop My laptop s hard drive is pretty small and when I m considering purchasing a new one in less then a year s time frame I figured a flash drive would be much more beneficial then a new hard drive in the long run Anyways I quickly found out that neither of my two computers support USB booting Since then my flash drive has been USB computer form doesn't USB that Boot a support booting? on Solved: sitting idling on my desk using it a few times to transfer files Well today when I was trying to see what KDE looks lie on Mandriva I stumbled upon the Mandriva Flash I found this in the description How do I boot Mandriva Flash if my computer can not boot from USB Mandriva Flash Solved: Boot form USB on a computer that doesn't support USB booting? provides you a bootables CD A small bootable CD-ROM image is also present on the shared partition of the Mandriva Flash USB key It is only MB so it can be burnt on a credit-card sized CD-ROM You can then make your computer boot on this CD-ROM and make sure your Mandriva Flash USB key is plugged it will automatically use the Mandriva Flash USB key Once Mandriva Flash is booted you can eject the CD-ROM Click to expand Sounds exactly what I need I almost purchased it until I saw the steep price of where as I only paid for my flash drive that is twice the size However I was wondering what is exactly on this CD and is there one freely out there that can be used for other distro s Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Boot form USB on a computer that doesn't support USB booting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boot-form-usb-on-a-computer-that-doesnt-support-usb-booting.798255/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone, I would like to address a problem I ran into while trying to restore my Dell XPS M1330 to factory settings. When I boot into advanced boot menu by pressing f8 (I have tried ctrl+f11 and it doesn't work) I press enter on the "Repair Your Computer" option however, when doing so, it only boots up windows like it would normally. I'm not sure at all what the problem is and I'm kind of new to this. Does anyone know what to do? Thank You so much in advanced!

A:Advanced Boot Menu: Repair Your Computer Doesn't Work

Post HERE and ask Peter (Ex_Brit) to send you the link to the versions of Vista you need, 32 or 64. Include your E-mail address mucked up, like abc at xyz DOT com then edit your post and remove it as soon as you receive the link.

The ISO Peter provides has both SP1 and SP2 applied which can save a lot of time. Otherwise, follow this tutorial: Vista ISO - Download and Create Installation DVD or USB. You then need to create the ISO which will not have SP1 or SP2 included.

Pick up this Tutorial: How to Download a Vista ISO and Create an Installation DVD or USB here:

STEP THREE
To Create Vista Installation DVD or USB Flash Drive with ISO File

then do a Clean Install of Vista as described here: Clean Install with a Full Version of Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/337323-advanced-boot-menu-repair-your-computer-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I need help spotting a problem. In the screenshot of the Start Menu folder there's a MinimServer.lnk, which is supposed to load to the sys tray during computer startup. Prior to doing some unsuccesful system restores and undo's for another problem yesterday, it was opening MinimServer at startup. Now it doesn't and I can't figure out why. OTOH, if I click on either the desktop icon (Properties pictured), the folder lnk file or the target .jar file directly, it opens in the sys tray. Which is why I'm puzzled: if it opens from the link, why not from the Start Menu. Tried reinstall, but no difference. Everything else there starts. Any ideas? Thanks,

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63646-link-startup-folder-doesnt-start-computer-boot.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello and thank you for reading this and slows Computer suddenly suddenly minutes for sporadically down As of just today for some weird reason my computer has just started to hiccup and freeze out of nowhere and it's more prominent with any program that uses the internet i e Firefox Steam etc Computer suddenly slows down suddenly and sporadically for minutes but it freezes up the entire computer along with the program This is especially aggravating as just yesterday my computer was working absolutely fine with no hitches or sudden slow downs but by today it just starts to act this way despite me doing anything to the computer at the time I have also ran a complete virus scan twice to no avail and I tried using System Restore only for it Computer suddenly slows down suddenly and sporadically for minutes to fail Computer suddenly slows down suddenly and sporadically for minutes I'm currently running under Windows Vista Home Premium x I've attached a HijackThis Log if anyone can read that nbsp HijackThis Log txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads I would hope that this doesn't turn out to be a hardware issue so if this is something of a software issue I would hope I could fix this as I really need my computer as it has important school files and such

A:Computer suddenly slows down suddenly and sporadically for minutes

Hi Twistervtx and welcome to BC.Sorry for the delay in response to your thread.HijackThis doesn't enumerate 64bit systems very well, but i can see some problems in the report.P2P Warning Please note that as long as you're using any form of Peer-to-Peer networking ( Frostwire, Ares, uTorrent etc.) and downloading files from non-documented sources, you can expect infestations of malware to occur.Once upon a time, P2P file sharing was fairly safe. That is no longer true.P2P programmes form a direct conduit onto your computer, their security measures are easily circumvented, and Malware writers are increasingly exploiting them to spread their wares onto your computer. Further to that, if your P2P programme is not configured correctly you may be sharing more files than you realise. There have been cases where people's Passwords, Address Books and other personal, private, and financial details have been exposed to the file sharing network by a badly configured programme.Many of the programmes come bundled with other unwanted programmes, but even the ones free of any bundled software are not safe to use.When you use them you are downloading software from an unknown source directly onto your computer, bypassing your Firewall and Anti-Virus software. Hardly surprising then that many of these Downloads are being targeted to carry infections.Having a P2P program running at startup is even more dangerous!You may decide to continue P2P sharing, but keep in mind that this practice may be the source of future malware infestation.If we clean your computer of infection, and you return to us a short time later with an infection contracted by the use of P2P programmes, we may refuse to help you.If do you do decide (unwisely) to keep these programs, please refrain from using them until we have finished cleaning your system.Step 1Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.Step 2Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer.After the scan has finished...Click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.Step 3Download OTL to your desktop.right click on the link and select 'Save Link/Target As'.if you have problems, try this download link:OTLDouble click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check..Now copy the lines in bold below.netsvcsmsconfig%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\*.exe /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%PROGRAMFILES%\*%USERPROFILE%\..|smtmp;true;true;true /FPHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AUhklm\software\clients... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506289/computer-suddenly-slows-down-suddenly-and-sporadically-for-minutes/