Windows Support Forum

How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option.

Q: How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option.

I was actually getting ready to post here about my x problem but reading other posts realized that my motherboard drivers were freakishly out of date versions forgot about them last time I was installing a system I dled all new ones installed them all performed a restart and then used newly installed ASUS Suite to update my BIOS Not sure if that's relevant but after that last successful startup there was a bunch on popups asking for promision to launch several application related to the driver update I imagine I agreed to all of those and nothing beyond that happened I did not restart computer again before performing BIOS upgrade BIOS itself seems to work just fine When I attempted to start system with new BIOS my computer restarts about Drivers" Windows install to option. drivers How Recovery "Load using sec after starting animation begins I can only launch it in quot Startup Repair quot mode and it communicates that automatic repair was impossible For those reasons i can't provide that archive with dumps and whatnot Safe Mode isn't working either I'll rewrite problem signature quot System Repair quot provided Problem Event How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option. Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature unknown AutoFailover BadDriver OS Version Locale ID Forgive me shitty formatting but am on the phone right now

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option.

See if you can do a system restore from boot (option two here - System Restore )

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365501-how-install-drivers-using-windows-recovery-load-drivers-option.html
Relevancy 91.14%

Hello I am not sure if I am in install System : option recovery load what to drivers and ? the correct section but I am trying my luck System recovery option : what drivers to load and install ? anyway Let me try to recap I was playing WoW on my lovely computer Then it crashed horribly Freeze with stuttering sound loop Then black screen then quot No signal quot Computer still running so I reboot manually Windows failed to System recovery option : what drivers to load and install ? launch properly I try to repair Failed I try to make sure that the correct partition is active through command line because the partition that seems to be used is not the usual C it still fail to miserably I may have ed something up doing this Then after hours I manage to create a bootable USB and I try to System recovery option : what drivers to load and install ? repair from it still failed but with some added text Repair details The following startup option will be repaired Name bootmgr Identifier DEA C- CDD- E -ACC -F B D The following startup options will be added Name Windows Home Premium recovered Path Windows Windows Device Partition E MB Name Windows Recovery Environment recovered Path Recovery a e - f - e - d- c b ad b Winre wim Windows Device Partition E MB A copy of the current boot configuration data will be saved as C Boot BCD Backup Which made me all happy and hopeful before it popped an error window with this System Recovery Options Failed to save startup options Then this Re-image your computer An internal error occurred The following information might The following information might help you resolve the error The system cannot find the file specified x Now I am sitting reading this SATA Drivers - Load in Windows Recovery Options Which is exactly what is now displayed in front of my main computer because of course he didn't find my OS despite knowing where and what it is One question remains though what drivers am I supposed to put in there Of course here is hoping that's just the last step before getting my windows back but I ain't exactly optimistic My spec Microsoft Windows Home Premium bits SP oem Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z -D H Processor Intel Core i K SSD Intel quot Maple Crest quot - Go HDD Seagate Barracuda SATA III - Go Thanks in advance for your help Here is a princess Leia cat for your trouble because you are my only hope

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/392025-system-recovery-option-what-drivers-load-install.html
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi Everyone I am currently attempting to install Windows on an SSD RAID Array and 7 installation" load for "Unable RAID to drivers Fixed Windows I have encountered several issues this has been a one step forward two steps backward affair The issue that I am currently facing is the fact that I am Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" unable to load RAID drivers during the OS installation As is normal for this kind of installation I choose quot Custom quot and I cannot see any drives listed this is the point at which I click on quot Load Drivers quot and then I select quot Browse quot My challenge is that regardless of how I quot insert the drivers quot which is to say whether I put them on a separate USB drive FAT partitioned or take the Windows installation DVD out and insert a CD with drivers - I simply cannot navigate to the drivers Because I am unable to load the RAID drivers Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" I simply cannot proceed with the OS installation Note As of writing this I came across a program called RT Seven Lite which has allowed me to create a quot slip streamed quot Windows installation - using the program I was able to integrate the troublesome drivers into the Windows installation disk Kind Regards David nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixed-unable-to-load-raid-drivers-for-windows-7-installation.1078744/
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi Everyone I am currently attempting to install Windows on an SSD RAID Array and I have encountered several issues this has been to load "Unable Windows for Fixed installation" RAID 7 drivers a one step forward two steps backward affair The issue that I am currently facing is the fact that I am unable to load RAID drivers during the OS installation As is normal for this kind of installation I choose quot Custom quot and I cannot see any drives listed this is the point at which I click on quot Load Drivers quot and then I select quot Browse quot My challenge is that regardless of how I quot insert the drivers quot which is to say whether I put Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" them on a separate USB drive FAT partitioned or take the Windows installation DVD out and insert a CD with drivers - I simply cannot navigate to the drivers Because I am unable to load the RAID drivers I simply cannot proceed with the OS installation Note As of writing this I came across a program called RT Seven Lite which Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" has allowed me to create a quot slip streamed quot Windows installation - using the program I was able to integrate the troublesome drivers into the Windows installation disk Kind Regards David

A:Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation"

Did it work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/266847-fixed-unable-load-raid-drivers-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi great guys at SevenForums its me again and this damn ASUS anyway I have attempted to install windows via usb to my system system specs under profile but i receive a prompt about device drivers and i cannot continue The image is while usb device via prompt drivers" installing windows 7 "load an original iso for windows home premium downloaded from digital river using a direct download the usb is a Gb transcend note windows device manager says the drivers for both usb and hdd "load device drivers" prompt while installing windows 7 via usb are most current and devices are working properly oh My hdd is a Seagate Gb internal laptop drive i burned iso to usb using UUI I do not have any dvd's to use i had but i wasted tryind to burn winRE to disk hdd has been formatted by windows to accept install but it will not PLEASE HELP GUYS You guys helped me with bad memory modules on sevenforums before i hope that there is a guru for this issue too all the thanks Fedaru I read on another post about removing disk drive before install but this asus notebook is like fort knox i would have to remove a cover like screws and that may void warranty

A:"load device drivers" prompt while installing windows 7 via usb

Hi Fedaru,

I have seen this message before if the USB drive you are installing from, is inserted into a USB3 port. This happens because USB3 ports require 3rd party drivers, and the drivers only make the port fully available after Windows 7 has loaded.

Can you check to see that it is inserted into a USB2 port? If so, try inserting into a different USB2 port, and trying the installation again.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/287602-load-device-drivers-prompt-while-installing-windows-7-via-usb.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Ok, now I get another problem... When I click "install now", I get a msg box that is saying 'no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK'

What should I do now?

A:When I click "install now", it's saying "No device drivers were found"

Is the HD showing in BIOS?

Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
VistaForums SysInfo Tool - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/174343-when-i-click-install-now-its-saying-no-device-drivers-were-found.html
Relevancy 80.6%

The following was displayed in 'Automatic Repair' on startup quot The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors quot quot amdkmafd sys quot quot xc b quot I had installed the new windows anniversary update and after finally sorting out everything to my liking I decided to boot up Radeon Settings to see if there was an update for the driver from AMD I was greeted with a message saying that the AMD driver was either missing or wasn't working properly and that I should go to AMD to download and AMD "0xc000007b" drivers during of "amdkmafd.sys" BSOD install install the correct driver Obviously confused as to why it would be missing or had errors I continued to download AMD's auto driver detect tool "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers and ran it In the 'checkbox' stage of AMD's auto detect tool I saw that under all the items was a message saying that no version of that item was installed which I "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers found rather weird that the drivers don't exist and the culprit initially points to the windows update I just completed I continued with the install and it was at that point when I experienced the BSOD The computer didn't restart after the BSOD so after some waiting I restarted it manually It then booted into Automatic Repair and the obvious route after the computer won't start due to the missing or corrupted system driver would be to use a recovery disk or USB Sadly I have neither I have restore points but obviously can't get to them I can't use the BSOD dump analysing tool for obvious reasons Any response would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60086-amdkmafd-sys-0xc000007b-bsod-during-install-amd-drivers.html
Relevancy 111.37%

st noticed when I plugged in my iPhone amp instead of the ususal little popup box asking what to do with pictures can't recall what it's actually called it USB trying saying "Access device Windows install for when Denied" to is drivers Vista now comes up with New Hardward Found The iPhone syncs ok with iTunes as the quot Apple Mobile Windows Vista is saying "Access Denied" when trying to install drivers for USB device Device USB Driver quot is ok in Device Manager amp I can transfer music amp videos etc However the quot iPhone quot shows an exclamation mark in Device Manager - which is the camera drivers meaning it doesn't show as a drive in My Computer Whenever I plug my iPhone into the USB it always comes up with new hardware found amp tries to locate the drivers it does this ok but when installing them it always come back with the message quot access is Denied quot I have tried reinstalling them from within Device Manager as well but get the same message I have also plugged in a USB card reader previously unused on the laptop to check if it was just my iPhone amp again it finds it as new hardware amp tries to install the drivers but again comes back with quot Access is Denied quot So it's not related to just my iPhone it looks like is related to USB devices I have tried using a different USB port There are one of which has the mouse plugged into amp the mouse works ok the other has a bluetooth dongle in it amp that works ok as well I have turned off User Account Control amp this has made no difference I have got Avira amp Comodo Firewall installed amp have also done the Panda online scan amp nothing was found apart from a few cookies I am running Win Vista Home Premium - service pack Hope I've given enough info there so that someone can help me out with this TIA Lyzzy

A:Windows Vista is saying "Access Denied" when trying to install drivers for USB device

Download the driver EXE file & save to desktop. RIGHT-click on desktop EXE icon, select "Run as Administrator"

That might do it, but COMODO either is or will be a problem. It's firewall does not play nice with Vista and causes system services to crash. All 3rd party firewalls have this problem if not completely configured properly for NETBIOS ports in particular. If 1st suggestion does not work - remove comodo.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-is-saying-access-denied-when-trying-to-install-drivers-for-usb-device-434805.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Background Enabled Windows updates it caused my mouse and keyboard to stop working except in the BIOS so I did a restore The problem then was after logging into Windows using my keyboard to type the password and login Windows searches for updates for my USB keyboard and after they are installed takes about minutes the keyboard just stops working The LEDs stay on quot extra quot buttons on the keyboard such as the music button to open Windows Media Player still work but that s it I tried a second USB keyboard it has the same problem LEDs are on extra buttons work nothing else So I restore again unplug my keyboard so it doesn t auto-update and disable auto-updates for drivers for all peripherals on my PC Then I plug in working. to keyboard causes "auto-install" stop drivers Windows the keyboard it doesn t try to update anything and my keyboard is working again The Windows "auto-install" drivers causes keyboard to stop working. problem This is not a long term solution because eventually I will want Windows to auto-install drivers for any new hardware I get Clearly the latest Windows keyboard drivers are faulty so what can I do about this nbsp

Relevancy 111.37%

I have a newly purchased HP Deskjet 3050A e-All-in-One Printer series - J611 which should be working with Windows 7, but when I try to install the device drivers I get a "Access is denied" error.

How can this be bypassed or fixed?

A:Cannot install HP printer drivers - "Access is denied" in Windows 7

Exactly how are you installing the driver?

Make sure the printer is switched off and is not connected by a USB cable.

When you attempt to install the driver, right-click it first and choose Run as Administrator. During the install, you'll be prompted when to switch the printer on and connect it.

You also need to make sure you are installing the 32-bit version of the driver as you have Windows 7 32-bit.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...&lang=en&cc=us

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/212990-cannot-install-hp-printer-drivers-access-denied-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 110.94%

I have a brand new build with Windows freshly installed Onboard graphics seem to work perfectly I go to put in my old GTS and it boots at installing install face" Windows drivers Blue Nvidia on "sad fresh 8.1 screen after a low resolution which is generally normal without drivers I go and grab the latest stable Nvidia drivers Installation completes and I restart my computer I Blue "sad face" screen after installing Nvidia drivers on fresh Windows 8.1 install m then greeted by a blue screen with a sad face telling me my computer can t boot Upon restart it enters some sort of self-repair cycle which--of course--is quot unable to repair quot my PC I throw in the disc and proceed to do a manual startup repair It fails I attempt to perform a system restore It is frozen in the process of restoring for hours I format and reinstall Windows I try using Windows Update instead of downloading the graphics drivers myself After the first update completes and I restart my PC I get the same blue-screen-sad-face message as before Is this a software or hardware issue Any resources to point me in the right direction for remedying this situation would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Blue "sad face" screen after installing Nvidia drivers on fresh Windows 8.1 install

Did you install the drivers (disk) that came with your motherboard.
Does your motherboard has the latest Bios installed.
Have you installed the lates microsift updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-sad-face-screen-after-installing-nvidia-drivers-on-fresh-windows-8-1-install.1134176/
Relevancy 110.94%

Hey,
I've bought a blank machine from Overclockers UK (the Primo Ignition) and I downloaded a copy of windows 7 from the MDSNAA, when I tried installing it from DVD or USB drive I get the same error which is "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing."
Please can somebody help me with this error.
The machine is brand new and has had no previous OSs on it.
Thanks

A:Windows 7 install Fresh "No drivers issue"

Quote: Originally Posted by Balmer25

Hey,
I've bought a blank machine from Overclockers UK (the Primo Ignition) and I downloaded a copy of windows 7 from the MDSNAA, when I tried installing it from DVD or USB drive I get the same error which is "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing."
Please can somebody help me with this error.
The machine is brand new and has had no previous OSs on it.
Thanks

Your dvd drive needs a driver. ask where you bought the machine what kind of dvd it is find and download the driver. while installing it will give you the option of installing third party drivers. I*nstall it then.
Ken j

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/143754-windows-7-install-fresh-no-drivers-issue.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello recently my laptop has stopped working completely It previously had Windows Vista Home Basic bit installed Eventually it stopped starting up and just remained stuck at loading drivers no matter how I went about starting it Safe Mode Safe Mode to drivers" Unable Windows install "Missing 7; with command prompt normally etc I decided it was time for me to ditch Vista anyways and procured a Windows Home Premium bit disk from a family member After some initial troubles with installation I followed online advice to format my computer first After some navigating I managed to open up the command prompt and format successfully However the problem Unable to install Windows 7; "Missing drivers" I had before still remains once I go to Install Now and then Custom it asks me Where do you want to install Windows At the bottom of the screen it notes that No drives were found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation Now I ve gotten drivers on several different devices whether it be SD card USB or CD None of it worked I ve seen that many others have had this same problem but never under the same circumstances as mine Here are the specs of my computer that I could gather from the PhoenixBIOS menu CPU Type AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core QL- CPU Speed GHz IDEO Model Name WDC WD BEKT- V T - S ATAPI Model Name HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT N- S System BIOS Version V VGA BIOS Version BK-ATI VER KBC Version Product Name NV Series Manufacturer Name Gateway I m very ignorant when it comes to computers and have no idea if this information is of any use I ve only made it this far through hours of online searching and trial error Any assistance would be appreciated please and thank you nbsp

A:Unable to install Windows 7; "Missing drivers"

What file format are the drivers in? The file name of the driver should be something like driver01.inf. Only INF files are read as drivers by Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-windows-7-missing-drivers.1065426/
Relevancy 110.94%

Everything was wiped. Os, hd etc. I go to install and it says , "a dvd driver on your pc needs is missing" it had been burned correctly, sata ports have been rearanged from slave master etc. Ide is accurate

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4509-no-dvd-drive-drivers-found-windows-8-install.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Need the aforementioned drivers.  I have installed virtually every driver available in the Driver download page inc Control Vault and cannot get the two driver mentioned.

Any help would be appriciated 

A:Need drivers for Dell Latitude E6520 "Broadcom USH" & "Mass Storage Controller" Windows 7 64 Bit

Check under Security for the Broadcom Unified Security Hub (USH - probably a print/biometric reader) for the device that best matches your hardware:
www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6520
The other "mass storage controller" ... go to Device Manager, right-click the device in question, Properties, Details tab, change dropdown to Hardware Ids and give me the the VEN and DEV ID's (do the same for the above USH device if the driver linked does not work).  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19487460
Relevancy 107.5%

I am trying to rebuild by search index because my computer won t let me arrange items using the quot Arrange By quot option However when I try and load my indexing options to rebuild the index it will sit there and say won't Disappearing Icons, "Arrange & By" load, option "My work. Help? Computer" won't quot Waiting to receive indexing status quot If I click the quot Advanced quot button it will freeze I also receive an icon and loading display problem SEE PIC Also when I click on quot My Computer quot it sometimes will sit there searching and it won t load SEE PIC I have tried the following Restarting the quot Windows Search quot service multiple times at different boots Deleting the files contained in the folder quot C Windows System config TxR quot http support microsoft com kb Stopping the quot Windows Search quot service then I opened up quot regedit quot I went to quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft WindowsSearch SetupCompletedSuccessfully quot I changed the value from a to a Then I rebooted my PC I then went back to the same key and changed it back to a and rebooted my PC again Turning the "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? quot indexing service quot on and off from the quot Turn Windows Features on or off quot menu Microsoft Fixit Indexing Troubleshooter Sfc scannow Tried this hotfix http support microsoft com kb Tried another user account and creating a new user account Tried resetting folder view to quot defaults quot http www sevenforums com tutorials -folder-view-settings-reset-all-default html I really need ALL of these problems fixed "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? They obviously all come from one issue but the only problem is idk how to fix it Please help Also I know for a fact a quot repair quot "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? will NOT work so didn t even suggest it because this problem popped up because I repair installed my computer The quot Arrange By quot option just doesn t work so maybe the registry has a key that can be edited to fix this that is disable by default Thanks PS I am sorting by name grouping by none and below is a screenshot of what happens when I change the quot Arrange By quot option to arrange by song As you can see nothing changes it still arranges by folder SEE PIC Also note in the picture quot song quot is highlighted but I already left-clicked it PSS I only only experienced the file display disappearing and loading issues when I deleted the files located in the TxR folder to fix the arrange by issue I forgot to mention that I noticed in my Event Viewer that there were some logs that kept appearing that might pertain to the issue Here is a list of the logs that I think appear the most often Error Event ID Service Control Manager The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error Access is denied Error Event ID Kernel-EventTracing Session quot Circular Kernel Context Logger quot failed to start with the following error xC Error Event ID Service Control Manager The Computer Browser service depends on the Workstation service which failed to start because of the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Error Event ID WMI Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Error Event ID DistributedCOM The server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE did not register with DCOM within the required timeout NOTE FOR THIS EVENT ID ERROR THAT THE NUMBERS IN THE BRACKETS ... Read more

A:"My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-load-disappearing-icons-arrange-by-option-wont-work-help.1098029/
Relevancy 106.21%

I cannot get into Win it freezes at start up I havd a ram I can get into safe mode When I go into step-by-step it hangs at quot Load all Win Drivers quot System has no disks amp is not currently on-line A suggestion given to me was to update the Display Driver so I downloaded thru other computer what I thought was Win95 "Load Win Drivers" at all freezes an updated version during install was prompted that some files were older than what was currently on system Anyway I Win95 freezes at "Load all Win Drivers" installed using only files from new version Win still freezes after install driver shows installed ok Can still get into safe mode amp can get to win normally thru command prompt then I get the message that windows has detected new hardware quot Crystal Codec quot Wizard comes up cannot find new hardware then installs Crystal Codec incorrectly under Other Devices Should I try amp find another updated version amp re-install or is there another way to fix it Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Win95 freezes at "Load all Win Drivers"

Please don't post the same question twice.

Closing duplicate.
http://www.helponthe.net/tsgbb/Forum1/HTML/005416.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win95-freezes-at-load-all-win-drivers.32350/
Relevancy 105.78%

When I tried to install windows 7 Home premium (Dell) on my pc, I get this message...All it gives is only OK, Cancel and Browse options...I tried browsing everywhere in my pc but it didn't solve that...Hope someone would help me...

The actual message is:
"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing.  If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash
drive, please insert it now.  Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step."  <Browse> <OK> <Cancel>

A:"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok"

I have had the same problem on an Acer laptop.  My issue was that I tried to install via the USB 3.0 port.  Both external dvd and usb/iso failed.  Iserting the USB stick into the USB 2.0 port, and installed flawlessly.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b4eeaf3-e7c4-4057-821d-f3a45451374f/quotno-device-drivers-were-found-make-sure-that-the-installation-media-contains-the-correct?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 104.06%

My friend recently ordered a computer with a copy of windows we can get to where you select your HD but it windows cant see it nothing shows up in the window and quot New quot is grayed out We have a load drivers option but I wouldnt know what drivers they would be or what disk they would be on with out help see error/cant HD the drivers" "Load Ive tried all the disks I have no drivers are found I tried to load XP onto the computer same problem XP said it could be a corrupted HD this is still a possibility seeing its brand new Just wondering "Load drivers" error/cant see the HD if there would be a different solution Looked online for a bit so far Ive turned off the floppy drive from the setting to none in the bios which worked on my computer but not his We know its not the disk for windows I can pull up bios and see what drives are master and slave but I dont know what that means or if changing it can help I cant pull up the specs right now seeing as its not my computer and we "Load drivers" error/cant see the HD cant get into windows

A:"Load drivers" error/cant see the HD

Lunatist,
Insert the Win7 dvd into the optical drive. Do not close door.
Turn off computer.
Close dvd door.

Start computer.
When the first dialog appears requiring action from you, then:
use the SHIFT + F10 combo to get to a command prompt.

At the command prompt:
type DISKPART and hit Enter key
type List Disk and hit Enter key
write down what you see

Assuming that you have a Disk 0 listed, then
type Select Disk 0 and hit Enter
type Detail Disk and hit Enter
write down what your see if anything

Now you can type:
Exit (to exit diskpart)
Exit (to exit the command prompt and return to the Win7 install)

Let us know what happened and what you wrote down

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/70054-load-drivers-error-cant-see-hd.html
Relevancy 104.06%

Hello Thanks for the previous help I am trying to get a Keyspan Triplite USB to Serial Converter going like it did in the past Their setup program puts all the files in the correct place and they all seem to be there Have downloaded their installation files ? "Forcing" To Load Drivers both from their site and also a CD installation disk that came with it Neither works Error Msg always the same in that quot no device found quot and also quot Drivers "Forcing" Drivers To Load ? not loaded quot Running the bit version of W There is nothing in Device Manager that seems to show the unit Even with view quot Hidden quot enabled there are no quot Ports quot or quot "Forcing" Drivers To Load ? Com quot category heading There are only the ones under USB Serial Bus Controllers "Forcing" Drivers To Load ? and nothing in this listing seems to show the unit The unit might be bad of course but I feel it is something in my PC that is not allowing the Drivers to be loaded or accessed correctly Cables are fine and have tried various PC USB Ports Any way of quot forcing quot the Drivers to be loaded everything else on PC seems to work fine I am not competent enough to play with anything in the BIOS etc Thanks B

A:"Forcing" Drivers To Load ?

The device must be recognized by the system before drivers will load.

In Device Manager, a device that is recognized but does not have drivers to function will be shown as an Unknown Device. Sometimes a device will show up in Devices & Printers too.

How is this device connected to the system?
Duh - never mind. USB

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/319537-forcing-drivers-load.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Greetings again!!! A client of mine (I remodeled her house) gave me a great Multi Function Center- Fax, printer,copier, scanner- Brother- MFC 7150C to be specific. She lost the install disc. I went to Brother.com and found the model number and the drivers however it says that I have to first install Visioneer Paper Port first from the CD-ROM disc. Now, isn't that convienent! I did a search for that it is associated with lots of programs and machines. I downloaded one, that was associated with "DocuShare". Kind of at a loss. Does anyone know if this a free download I can get? And what is it anyway?

Thanks ahead.

Relevancy 102.77%

I started a thread here: "Unknown device" -can't find Nvidia

Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue, but we can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

The long and short is that my NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS is no longer recognized. I have tried installing the drivers from NVIDIA and from HP with no luck. When I reinstall, I get a message that an error was encountered during install and access is denied.
Looking for help. The laptop is under Best Buy warranty, so perhaps I should take it in as a warranty issue?

A:NVIDIA drivers fail to install: "access denied"

have you tried installing the drivers 'as admin' or from the hidden admin account ?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/260791-nvidia-drivers-fail-install-access-denied.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi found when a trying Win7 ..." "No drivers install were clean device I've a samsung with some extra samsung features samsung update plus speed up manager recovery system etc and they bug me Therefore I wanna "No device drivers were found ..." when trying a clean Win7 install do a clean "No device drivers were found ..." when trying a clean Win7 install installation on my laptop but when I boot up on my USB works fine I get the following message quot No device drivers were found quot instead of having access to the partition manager I've done a lot of research on my problem but haven't come up with any solutions yet Does anybody out there know what to do Btw I've tried the to boot other laptops with the USB stick and it works like a charm I read somewhere that the problem could be that my laptop didn't load the SATA drivers which is needed for the partition manager that might be the problem but I don't know where to find the drivers though Furthermore I've noticed that I can't see my USB drive when I browse for files only C system disk D primary E some recovery disk and X boot and that might be the problem I guess Strange this that I boot from the USB stick though

A:"No device drivers were found ..." when trying a clean Win7 install

Format the USB stick using Universal USB Installer with Win7 in dropdown menu. Boot under USB, Removable or HD's in one-time BIOS Boot Menu. Set HD to boot first in BIOS setup.

I would first make sure your Samsung Recovery is not set up like in this thread, which is the worst nightmare I've seen here in thousands of successful clean reinstalls. The OEM software didn't work correctly when downloaded from webpage. Samsung claims the apps which work are stored on the Recovery partition which only enables the use of an image user is to save to external or DVD's. However if a small Recov partition is accidentally deleted during reinstall there is no access to this or the Recovery image - ever - and Samsung won't ship Recovery Disks. Apparently the only way to reinstall the Recov partition is if the image is saved to DVD's which will boot and run, but many save it to external instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/204144-no-device-drivers-were-found-when-trying-clean-win7-install.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I have a USB copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and an HP Envy 17 Laptop and I would like to perform a clean install, wipe the whole drive and start fresh. When I get to the windows setup screen I keep getting the infamous "You have missing drivers, files, etc. on your computer. Please insert another form a media containing these files." error. Is their any way I may be able to bypass this and go straight to the format hard drive screen? I have all the drivers on an external hard drive, but only as executables directly downloaded from HP, but windows setup doesn't recognize them.

A:How do I bypass "missing drivers" error during 7 Ultimate USB install?

Start over with Steps 1 and 2 in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 as your installer is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/241031-how-do-i-bypass-missing-drivers-error-during-7-ultimate-usb-install.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Greetings; my first post.
Had Vista Ultimate; scraped it and loaded Win7 Prof. Awesome OS so far. Installed peripherals, no problem. Printer installed fine, works fine. Wanted to share it on home network. Attempted to load Canon MP970 onto network and rec'd install error with missing driver. Windows found driver at Intel (IPMI & PCI Serial Port), it downloaded but failed to install. I still see the warning icon by Other Devices and cannot identify the devices. I've attached screen shots of the sequence and Intel driver download name. The attachment is in 7-Zip format. What are these devices. How can I update the drivers for these unknown devices? Everything else works fine.

Thank you.

A:New Win7 Install; Device Manager "Other Devices" drivers not found problem

The fact that W7 had no drivers for the unknown devices during installation is going to be problematic, most likely it means there are no compatible drivers available.

See if this helps

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Unknown-Devices.shtml

http://en.kioskea.net/telecharger/telecharger-1381-unknown-device-identifier

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-win7-install-device-manager-other-devices-drivers-not-found-problem.875323/
Relevancy 102.77%

I ve posted this on another website forum but they haven t replied and it s been five days now Let me start from the very beginning I have an Acer Aspire Vista -bit Home Basic laptop If you need anymore details please let me know A week ago I finally figured out that drivers "interactive HD Realtek to because of Unable Audio; window station" install you have to mute the speakers in Realtek HD Audio Device so the sound would play through the headphones About two days after that no sound would come through the Realtek HD Audio; Unable to install drivers because of "interactive window station" headphones but would come from the speakers So my sister suggested we un-install Realtek I Realtek HD Audio; Unable to install drivers because of "interactive window station" did and then I re-installed it and re-started the computer When the computer booted back on a little thing at the bottom said quot installing latest drivers quot and then I had to click quot allow quot to let it search for audio A few moments later a box popped up that said it found the audio device but quot This operation requires an interactive window station quot Yes that one I have enabled UAC since I don t have to click allow on the restricted areas and I have tried many many suggestions from other forums but none of them have worked I know it s not a hardware problem considering when I m in BIOs and try to go backwards beeps come from the speakers so they are working fine And I m guessing the quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot is because I m not able to update the drivers Also when I go into Device Manager there isn t an option for quot Sound audio or game controller quot I think that might be because of the quot No Audio Output Device quot also If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated I m dying without my sound Really I need the music to block out my sister truthfully maybe I shouldn t have listened to her in the first place nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-hd-audio-unable-to-install-drivers-because-of-interactive-window-station.877705/
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi I am unsure whether I should enable Automatically get device drivers apps and info for new devices when installing Windows Pro What exactly will it do If I enable this will Windows then automatically install software packages drivers from the manufacturer like for example the Logitech Setpoint software for their keyboards and mice and similar software for other devices I don t want or need that Or will it behave Enable drivers" "Automatically device install? during get like in Windows On my other PC with Windows I see in Windows Update that there are a couple of optional updates including that Logitech stuff as well as some driver for a BenQ monitor I have and also nvidia video drivers This kind of stuff I don t want or need installed automatically as important updates in Windows Enable "Automatically get device drivers" during install? Update Enable "Automatically get device drivers" during install? - so I am worried if enabling this automatic driver stuff in Windows is different than Windows Meaning that it will get installed secretly automatically However it s fine that Windows finds them so I can manually go and check if I want to install any of it The key is that the updates are optional in Enable "Automatically get device drivers" during install? Windows but I have seen a few people complain about Windows installing stuff like video drivers and mouse drivers automatically I hope someone can help me thank you

A:Enable "Automatically get device drivers" during install?

See here for more info Device Installation Settings - Windows 7 Help Forums

This tutorial with info is also for windows 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/39192-enable-automatically-get-device-drivers-during-install.html
Relevancy 102.34%

HI guys, I recently bought a webcam, since my Creative Live! Ultra would not work with Vista. So..I picked up Microsofts' LifeCam VX-6000. Now, there lies the problem.

Webcam Drivers Installed
Webcam Software Installed
USB20 Web camera Failed

And this is in the little box that pops up once you hook up something to a USB port.
I cant find any " USB20 Webcam " drivers anywhere, and vista's little driver download software finds the update on Windows update, but it fails to install for some reason;this is prohibiting my Webcam from being picked up on Windows Live messenger, and the power LED on the cam isnt even lit up.. Any one have any Ideas on how to fix this?

A:" USB20 WEBCAMERA " drivers fail to install..?

Okay, I took some pictures of the errors in case they help more. Here's the first error.

And here's the second.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/145764-usb20-webcamera-drivers-fail-install.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Latest Crimson Edition Drivers seems to crash repeatedly on desktop "Display Driver has stopped and has recovered" again and again once you hit the desktop, sometimes when you run a game or something that is related to the graphics. The only solutions was to Disable the drivers, downgrade to Win 7/8.1 or install a 14.12 Omega which is what I'm using right now. I've tried using DDU and TdrDelay, still no good. Right now the 14.12 omega is stable but playing games doesn't seem to give me a good framerate since it's outdated. Any workaround or reason why it crashes?

A:Latest AMD Drivers "display drivers stopped and recovered" Win 10

Having the same issue with internal Intel HD graphics.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33877-latest-amd-drivers-display-drivers-stopped-recovered-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 101.48%

So after numerous amount of CMD PRMT Attempts, BIO Resets, And ISO Burns. I solved this in the most ridiculous way. I took my SATA drive from my Laptop plugged it into my Desktop, Took the W8 ISO, and burned it using the DVD DRIVE "That couldn't be found", Shut down my computer swapped out the HD's and booted. and it worked. after a week of this bullshit this random idea worked.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4730-dvd-drive-drivers-missing-install.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I took a snap show of drivers. went 7 to install win bad image" 3 - i when USB "Drv64.exe the problem using win screen capture I just "Drv64.exe - bad image" when i went to install win 7 USB 3 drivers. did a clean install of win and was up dating the drivers to Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver from Intel R USB eXtensible Host Driver I changed the exact length cuz nero was complain its too long Im using a z extreme and win x home premium The other odd thing is it created a pop up after each time i boot and i dont know what it means nor how to get rid of it was wondering if it could be related to order of install for ex inf management engine etc OR if i need to install the disk which is OEM win service pack Should i wait to update with windows update before installing the drivers All the updates that im aware of have been updated before install of OS Thx P s had this happened on my last clean install and I installed from dir in drive d

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/385747-drv64-exe-bad-image-when-i-went-install-win-7-usb-3-drivers.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Okay I have an ATI Radeon on my Windows XP system and one day after my dad had used the computer the D video driver stoppeed working He can t recall doing anything So it goes I think quot whatever quot downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers and try to install it only to get the message quot INF Error Video Driver Not Found quot and then quot Try to set up your adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot I tried googling for info apparently it s a common-ish issue but I never found anything that worked ATI Drivers Error", VGA Installing Driver Catalyst "INF "Missing" I tried uninstalling anything ATI and then installing to no avail I tried uninstalling the error-listed VGA adapter from the Device Manager and then running install which didn t work Rebooting after that also didn t work it popped up with quot New hardware found quot after the "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers reboot but it couldn t find the proper drivers After an unedifying series of adventures I got to http www msi com tw program support download dld spt dld detail php UID amp kind which has several drivers for my mobo I first downloaded obviously the VGA "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers driver and tried to run setup Unfortunately after preparing the install an Error message pops up saying quot The system "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers cannot detect the device please confirm that the device is configured properly and restart the setup program quot I then tried downloading the AGP upgrade installed it but nothing changed I also downloaded the BIOS update since it mentioned a VGA upgrade but I m uncomfortable with upgrading the BIOS if it s possible that that s not the main issue I ve tried using add remove programs to remove any ATI from my computer I ve tried using older drivers I ve tried reinstalling Windows XP on a different Hard Drive Nothing seems to work If this could be solved ASAP that would be lovely as I m going through video game withdrawl here also scrolling in Firefox is all jerky and some videos are jerky when playing Robbie B P s A nearly identical problem came up here http www techspot com vb topic html and no one sorted it out for that guy I hope this goes better nbsp

A:"INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers

the radeon is not integrated with your motherboard, and the onboard video has probably been disabled in the BIOS. to install the appropriate drivers for an ATI radeon 8500 card you need to download and install the drivers from ati's website. from there you can download the latest version of catalyst and install that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inf-error-vga-driver-missing-installing-ati-catalyst-drivers.55154/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi

I wanted to dual-boot Windows 7 with Windows 8. So, I downloaded a Windows 8 .iso file and I used the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to "copy" the Windows 8 installation files onto the USB. After successfully copying the files, I started the installer and proceeded with the steps (insert product key, etc etc...) and after accepting the License terms, I wasn't given an option to install windows 8 on another partition (the installer asks me "What do you want to keep in Windows 8 Consumer Preview?" and gives me three choices... see picture).

A:No "Install on another partition" option while installing Windows 8

Doesn't look like you actually booted the stick, but ran it from Win7.

Reboot the computer and tap the Acer F12 key given for one-time BIOS Boot Menu, select USB, Removable or HD to see if stick is listed under one of those, then select the stick to boot. Does it load in boot mode?

If not confirm the ISO and write to flash stick again, or try DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/222382-no-install-another-partition-option-while-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi all,
My Windows XP SP3 Professional suddenly crashed yesterday, and now all I see is a blinking cursor at Bootup. Any suggestions? I've ruled out any hardware faults.
So, I am trying to re-install WindowsXP SP3 Professional on my hard drive, I booted up using my WinXP CD, went to Install (not "R" Recovery Console).

On the screen where it asks you for the Drive and Partitions to install on, there is no "R" for "Repair" option. Why? I see it on all the online tutorials, but just not mine. I do have a second hard drive in the comp. with a corrupted Windows XP on it, but again, no "R" for Repair option.

Please help

Thanks.
Adam.

A:Windows XP - Why No "Repair" Option in Install?

When you repair, you go to install, and then the option is repair.

three quarters of the progress down this link
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repairing_windows_xp.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-why-no-repair-option-in-install.965708/
Relevancy 96.32%

I wanted a clean slate for my computer so I reinstalled Windows not upgrade i used custom with just the disc any "Windows help Hardware" detect not Networking did drivers finding It's a custom built PC that my friend generously gave to me so I didn't have any manufacturers disc to work with Anyway it's always had an Internet connection through a wired connection and after it finished booting it wouldn't let "Windows did not detect any Networking Hardware" help finding drivers me connect to the net even "Windows did not detect any Networking Hardware" help finding drivers with the ethernet cord plugged in I quickly realized something must have happened to the driver in the process of reinstalling and now I need to find the drivers to install them onto my computer again but I have no clue where to find them I've already tried uninstalling the drivers and then scanning for hardware changes to get them to reinstall but it did not work It still says there are issues I also can't use Windows Update since well I can't connect "Windows did not detect any Networking Hardware" help finding drivers to the net When I go to Devices and Printers I see a By my comp name I try to troubleshoot but it says my Universal Serial Bus Controller doesn't have a driver and my Ethernet Controller doesn't have a driver Here is a text file Try to find quot Problem Devices quot in the text file that may help on the text file I've attached with my system info let me know if you guys need any more info I'd really appreciate any help on what drivers to get and or how to fix this issue

A:"Windows did not detect any Networking Hardware" help finding drivers

Welcome to the Seven Forums Fissionmailedgf.

Please fill up your System Specs to the extent you can for more meaningful help. That said the information that you have furnished says "Ethernet Controller OK". Therefore Ethernet Controller is there. Kindly open the Device Manager and check the status of the Ethernet Controller and if properly installed then name of the Network Adapter that is installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/245686-windows-did-not-detect-any-networking-hardware-help-finding-drivers.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello guys, It's me again and I really need help. I've been searching for hours looking for NEO M1110 notebook win7 drivers and I can't seem to find one. I also even tried to look for NEO website for drivers and no luck at all. I would gladly appreciate if you could help me on this matter to help me find the exact win7 drivers for this laptop. Thanks.

A:I can't find "NEO M1110 notebook" Windows 7 32bit Drivers

Hi tech27, Have a look here NEO Manufacturing and Services, Inc. - Laptop, Notebook, Netbook go to the driver downloads page and select your model #

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/260962-i-cant-find-neo-m1110-notebook-windows-7-32bit-drivers.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Right Quite a major error here relegating me to my netbook but here we go I recently Last week recieved my new baby- a quad core GB GPU GB RAM system with TB HDD A step up from the last rig that died roughly times better in fact Well my adoration was short lived Installed Windows Good Installed the ASUS drivers from the CD Good Downloaded the latest ATI drivers from the website Good Downloaded Steam and the recently purchased L D REALLY good Here the first problems reared their heads L D would suddenly hang at random whether there was installed (64 when 7 ATI Windows bit) latest "atikmpag.sys" drivers error lots of onscreen or system activity or not but just for a few moments Then it would be a task manager stop-process job Then upon boot SHOCK BSOD With an atikmpag sys error Using nouse I googled this Windows 7 "atikmpag.sys" error when latest ATI drivers installed (64 bit) on a seperate machine After MUCH trawling I found it may be the video driver- BAD So safe mode boot uninstall driver notice vertical bands of discolourment on resolutions of x BAD More pixelated patches of discolour Windows 7 "atikmpag.sys" error when latest ATI drivers installed (64 bit) on lower res Anyway boots up fine minus drivers After much experimenting trying to get the drivers back without using the ATI Catalyst manager which can apparently cause issues I decided to ck it and install XP which doesn t get the atikmpag sys error No It just wipes all the drivers off the motherboard IE sound wireless adaptor GPU etc HELP PLEASE -Liam Howell damned depressed student and owner of quid pile of uselessness nbsp

A:Windows 7 "atikmpag.sys" error when latest ATI drivers installed (64 bit)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-atikmpag-sys-error-when-latest-ati-drivers-installed-64-bit.972634/
Relevancy 96.32%

Greetz i recently had my computer freeze so i decided to reboot my dell c and when it rebooted it started up with a startup repair screen and then when it was done my windows icon apeared along with the password section seems 32bit drivers BOOT dell on MANAGER" c521 im "WINDOWS stuck and missing but all the words turned to symbols i took it to geek squad and they suggested it was a virus and to wipe the computer clean so when i got home i follwed the instructions given and booted from the dvd cd with reinstallation dvd and followed prompts and when it rebooted my computer i got this erorr message Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix the problem Insert your window installation disc and restart your computer choose your language settings and then click quot next quot click quot repair your computer quot also said File Windows System drivers volmgrx sys Status xc Info Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt i tried the repair and it just reboots back to the quot WINDOWS BOOT MANGER quot screen now it doesnt do nothing but that and cant get back to the windows start up page called geek squad back up dell c521 32bit stuck on "WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER" and seems im missing drivers and they said that they think i deleted all the drivers anyone know how to fix this and dell c521 32bit stuck on "WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER" and seems im missing drivers get the computer running again i have both drivers and utilities disc along with operating system disk for reinstallation

A:dell c521 32bit stuck on "WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER" and seems im missing drivers

Run Startup Repair 3 times
If it doesn't fix things, then start with these free diagnostics:

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291871-dell-c521-32bit-stuck-windows-boot-manager-seems-im-missing-drivers.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi, I have this computer which is working fine with all devices present with their drivers. I want to reinstall Windows, but the problem is that I don't have the driver for the motherboard and other installed devices. Since those drivers are already installed on the current windows, is there a way to save those drivers for the next install?

A:[SOLVED] Is there a way to &quot;extract&quot; drivers from a installed Windows?

Determine what brand and model motherboard you have, go to
manufactureres website and get the drivers. If the pc is from a box
store, dell hp etc the drivers will be available from there website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-is-there-a-way-to-and-quot-extract-and-quot-drivers-from-a-installed-windows-292800.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi.. i have sony vaio laptop with windows 7 home edition now i want to install windows 7 pro in my laptop..

i have the ISO of win pro, because my CD drive not working i m trying to install from the USB .. windows setup started but it shows error when i click "Install Now"

"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok"

That message gives me 3 buttons: ok, cancel and browse, neither of OK and CANCEL would let me through the install, and with browse.

What to do.. please give me solution as soon as possible

Thank you!

A:Windows 7 Installation Error "No Device drivers"

Remove the non-working CD/DVD drive.

or
No install files needed.
Only the Upgrade key is need.
Anytime upgrade only adds-on the Programs & Features from version to version.
Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/167329-windows-7-installation-error-no-device-drivers.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I have a HP ML110g5 server which I have disconnected the smart array and connected a HDD via sata directly to the motherboard.
when installing windows 7 "No device drivers were found etc."
does anyone know where I can get the drivers (I assume for the HDD) so windows will recognise where to install windows.
Bios does recognise the HDD.
the HDD model is 9ca152-784 by seagate

at a loss?

jas

A:installing windows 7 "No device drivers were found"

Hi jls6872, Welcome to the forums, Here is the link to the drivers HP ProLiant ML110 G5 Server*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center The OS is for the windows server edition ,Use these drivers and install in compatibility mode , Theoretically these drivers should work for you but I am not 100% certain

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/269214-installing-windows-7-no-device-drivers-were-found.html
Relevancy 96.32%

So basically I'm trying to restore some quot Misplaced quot drivers using a somewhat direct method of simply copying them from the File Repository into my drivers folder Simple enough The problem is that Windows decides to shout at me because apparently I need permission from quot drivers quot to edit drivers How can I basically give Windows the finger and edit this not to the "drivers" allowing Windows 7 edit me folder folder anyway Also before you start going into a complex subject of file dependencies and security issues I get it Messing with important folders like Windows 7 not allowing me to edit the "drivers" folder these and system config files will mess up my PC badly IF of course I don't know what I'm doing Honestly I don't exactly know what I'm doing but copy paste is usually the best of solutions so screw it Besides this laptop is in its dying days too and I've already screwed it up Windows 7 not allowing me to edit the "drivers" folder enough what harm could this small driver edit do y'know apart from mess up security but hell who's ever needed quot Security quot anyway Normally this site is somewhat smart about all of their answers so if you have a better solution that will do this without the risk go right ahead And if I don't get a useful answer here I may end up asking reddit and god only knows what kind of answers I'll get there -SassMaster suddenly that name seems a lot more fitting

A:Windows 7 not allowing me to edit the "drivers" folder

What Drivers are you missing ? ... It should be easy enough to replace them ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/365645-windows-7-not-allowing-me-edit-drivers-folder.html
Relevancy 95.03%

My miserable experience w Windows and it s quot compatibility test quot said my w NVidia GeForce M GSwas good to go and was Win ready and it as & "free" for works various 7 nope..This Windows days Win one installing/ Wasted nites 10... drivers in uninstalling NVidia we all know surreptitiously went ahead and tried to install itself Wasted many nights attempting to do clean installs and wound up backing through NVidia history of several drivers for Wasted days & nites installing/ uninstalling various NVidia drivers for "free" Win 10... nope..This one works in Windows 7 the M GS Some initially appeared to work amp jpegs looked good but YouTube crashed them Wasted days & nites installing/ uninstalling various NVidia drivers for "free" Win 10... nope..This one works in Windows 7 None worked You will Wasted days & nites installing/ uninstalling various NVidia drivers for "free" Win 10... nope..This one works in Windows 7 find current certified drivers dating back back back and you will waste a lot of time attempting to get them to work in Win Ultimately I gave up on windows - and reinstalled Windows - I found this webpage Vostro quot ndash Windows and nbsp Bit quot Google this as this forum kills links - dellwindowsreinstallationguide com vostro- -windows- - -bit This link took me the a WinVista driver beta and it works I want to fully credit the good folks at dellwindowsreinstallationguide nbsp dot nbsp com

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19986976
Relevancy 95.03%

I just got this laptop off of a Facebook yard-sale page for my area. They were selling it because it would not boot. I bought it home and my current Studio 1747 laptop told me i needed to format the Hard drive from the Acer before i could use it. I formatted the drive.

Now, I can install Windows 7 again, i thought. So i put in the boot disk, got to the "Choose where to install" page. But "No Drivers Were Found"

I clicked browse and all that came up was "Removable Disk (C", "CD Drive (D" and "Boot (X"

(C told me to insert a drive into Removable Disk (C.
(X Said: "No signed drivers found."

So im in a stump.

Acer Aspire 5733 series

I also get the same problem, different hard drive, in a Lenovo G575.

A:"No Drivers were found.." Windows 7 installation

Boot from the DVD as if you were going to install, then do this:

1. On the first Language screen, press SHIFT+F10 - a command prompt window will open
2. Type diskpart and hit enter
3. Type list disk and hit enter

Copy exactly what is now shown on the screen, and type if back here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/310128-no-drivers-were-found-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 94.6%

OK this is not really a start up or boot problem only an annoyance so i boot from the not in vista recovery option" listed installation "system windows installation dvd vista loads i choose the quot repair your computer quot option the quot system recovery option quot appears and the problem is my vista home premium is not listed there so basically i can't select an installation to repair if vista installation not listed in "system recovery option" i needed to i only have one OS i notice that at the bottom of the box it says quot if you do not see your operating system listed click load drivers to load drivers for you hard disks quot do i need to load a driver for my hard drive or something or what drivers is that referring to any knowledgeable mind to explain what that means what could be casing this problem about my vista installation not listing my system works just fine I'm just concerned why vista is not listed in the quot system recovery option quot thanks vista installation not listed in "system recovery option" for any help

A:vista installation not listed in "system recovery option"

Hello Gothnezz,

I believe you are referring to step 5 in the tutorial below. If so, then you can just go ahead and click on Next to continue anyway.

System Recovery Options

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261162-vista-installation-not-listed-system-recovery-option.html
Relevancy 93.74%

While using windows live messenger my friend sent me a request to play a game. Upon accepting it shows a white screen next to the message and then prompts me to download "essential msn game file" when I accept this nothing happens, the screen remains white. Ive searched for how to fix this problem to no avail so I was wondering if anyone could help me. Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-load-games-on-windows-live-messneger-wont-install-essential-msn-game-file-414615.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi all I am trying to install a oem copy of windows bit onto my desktop using a microsoft install dvd Driver" Windows 8 Install Media "Load I've installed xp vista and windows onto it without any issues whatsoever however when trying to install windows I keep getting an error in windows setup that states the following Load Driver A media driver your computer needs is missing This could be a DVD USP or Hard disk driver If you have a CD DVD or USB flash drive with the driver on it please insert it now Since I'm using an actual microsoft disc and the hash checks out okay I'm not really sure how to proceed as it doesn't seem to be the disc image I tried searching the forum but the solutions I've come across are vague and usually relate to USB VMware installs instead of using a retail DVD Does anyone have any solutions on how I can get Windows 8 Install "Load Media Driver" past this error Thanks -Alan My system EVGA Z FTW Mobo updated firmware bios Intel k CPU Antec Quattro PSU Kingston HyperX K SSD EVGA GTX GB GPU LG M-Disc Super Multi DVD CD Reader Burner

A:Windows 8 Install "Load Media Driver"

Do you have an external DVD player? Try with that . the same thing happened to me just last night when I tried to install on my Lenovo notebook (4 yrs. old) Same exact message. Using external player worked for me. EDIT: internal player works now. Win 8 must have the correct driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/18626-windows-8-install-load-media-driver.html
Relevancy 93.31%

i recently contracted a virus that does the above mentioned things. i have hijack this, prevx, and wintasks. i also have just downloaded norton 2007. can anyone help me fix my ailing computer?

josh

A:Task manager disabled, no "run" option, no "turn off" option

oh, i am running win xp sp 2, have a dell dimension 2350, and have already deleted viewpoint manager, but i'm still stuck.

josh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-disabled-no-run-option-no-turn-off-option.607898/
Relevancy 93.31%

okay So I recently had to reinstall over top of when you do this it prompts you that it has created a folder with all the old files documents music from "windows.old" retoring drivers need help ect from the last version of called quot windows old quot now when i did this it installed the OS only and none of the drivers i do not have a utility or application disc because for need help retoring drivers from "windows.old" some reason Acer does not provide one its really irritating Any way I looked at the 'Windows old' folder and in there is need help retoring drivers from "windows.old" all of the sys files for my drivers i tried a few things such as moving the sys files into the Drivers folder of the new i installed that did not work I also tried to find the paths using the Manager as in the tutorial here www sevenforums com tutorials -driver-install-device-manager html it too failed Does anyone know what to do I would just install a driver pack online but the drivers for my ethernet and lan card are obviously not working due to this issue

A:need help retoring drivers from "windows.old"

Quote: Originally Posted by dull

okay,

So I recently had to reinstall 7 over top of 7, when you do this it prompts you that it has created a folder with all the old files (documents, music, ect.) from the last version of 7 called "windows.old" now when i did this it installed the OS only and none of the drivers. i do not have a utility or application disc because for some reason Acer does not provide one (its really irritating)

Any way. I looked at the 'Windows.old' folder and in there is all of the .sys files for my drivers. i tried a few things such as moving the .sys files into the Drivers folder of the new 7 i installed. that did not work. I also tried to find the paths using the Manager. as in the tutorial here www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/97061-driver-install-device-manager.html it too failed. Does anyone know what to do? I would just install a driver pack online, but the drivers for my ethernet and lan card are obviously not working due to this issue.

Hiya and welcome to the forums
1st things 1st could you fill in your system spec in full please... this will help us try and solve your issues pal

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/261428-need-help-retoring-drivers-windows-old.html
Relevancy 92.88%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 92.45%

After a catastrophic computer failure, I managed to recover almost everything. However upon booting up I got the message "BOOTMGR is missing". I used the original Windows installation disk to do Startup Repair, which recovered BOOTMGR. However now every time I boot up I get a message from Windows Boot Manager asking me to choose between "Windows 7...(recovered)" and "Microsoft WIndows Recovery Console". How can I get the computer to boot straight into Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/396370-remove-windows-recovered-recovery-console-choice-bootup.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi,

I've been having a restart loop on my computer. I found out how to access the windows recovery console, by using my Windows XP CD, and I know what to do from there to repair windows XP (I type 'R' and so on...I know all the steps after that). But when I want to repair windows, it says my hard drive (SATA) is not installed.

So I found out that I need to press F6 at the start, to load my Sata hard drive drivers from a disk. This is all fine.

My question is: will I lose data from my hard drive by selecting the option of pressing F6 to load new drivers? Or will my data still be OK after pressing f6?

Thanks

A:windows recovery console: press f6 to load SATA drivers

Hi BlingDogg and welcome to TSF

You won't loose any data with that step. Go on and insert the floppy with the drivers.

Only changes that will be done to your drive will be the ones resulting from the repair install : you'll have to redo all latest updates on Windows update and possibly reinstall some applications if they stop working. Apart from that all your data should be fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-recovery-console-press-f6-to-load-sata-drivers-160754.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi,

I've been having a restart loop on my computer. I found out how to access the windows recovery console, by using my Windows XP CD, and I know what to do from there to repair windows XP (I type 'R' and so on...I know all the steps after that). But when I want to repair windows, it says my hard drive (SATA) is not installed.

So I found out that I need to press F6 at the start, to load my Sata hard drive drivers from a disk. This is all fine.
My question is: will I lose data from my hard drive by selecting the option of pressing F6 to load new drivers? Or will my data still be OK after pressing f6?

Thanks

Relevancy 91.16%

Hey all, I've gotta question I installed my W7 over my Windows Vista :P(Yay!!) And In my Windows Vista, There was a certain partition of space put aside(its my recovery partition) it came with my computer when i got it. And i wanna "insert" a Windows Seven recovery thing-in a sense into it... lemme post a screen.. lol.

That D: came with my laptop, and i now wanna delete it, then make a recovery disk for my windows 7.... but i dont wanna have to use an actual CD.... know what im saying?

A:Using the "Recovery Manager" Option In W7

Hello,

You can use the following tutorial to create a system backup image

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

If you format the partition you can copy/move the backup data (may need to format the partition first)

If you ever needed to, Using the Windows 7 DVD (booted) you can use the restore option in 'Advanced Recovery Options' to restore from the image you copied/saved onto the blank partition.

Hope this helps

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/24458-using-recovery-manager-option-w7.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi guys,

what do I do if the refresh install on W8.1 says that I'm missing files?

I installed W8 from a retail disc and upgraded to 8.1 via Windows Update. I can't use the W8 disc, it says invalid media.

Do I just follow the steps shown on the tutorial here?

Thanks.

A:(Win8.1) Refresh Install option "some files are missing"

You must insert the Windows 8.1 DVD/USB installation media. -> Look at this post for info.

edit:

How to download Windows 8.1 installation media? -> link

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48112-win8-1-refresh-install-option-some-files-missing.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Can someone please explain how this works? like where does it put the files etc and can i install the latest NVIDIA drives through the load drivers option during windows 7 install?

Cheers,

A:Load Drivers In Windows 7 Install

Quote: Originally Posted by dozzie80

Can someone please explain how this works? like where does it put the files etc and can i install the latest NVIDIA drives through the load drivers option during windows 7 install?

Cheers,

If the .exe is self-extracting, you can use a program such as WinRAR to unpack the files to wherever you want and then point Load Drivers to that location.

Thanks,
ZeshanA
If I helped, please click the scales at the top right of my post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/49711-load-drivers-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Okay i am having a really frustrating issue Everytime i figure something out wrong with my PC Something comes up But then again it wouldnt be a PC if it was perfect To be honest i dont even know what the heck im talkin about right now so let me go straight to the topic Before i was having a problem when i was installing windows it would get stuck at quot completing installation quot phase It would do the first restart and then when it was finalizing the screen would go black with a blinking cursor on the top left The reason stuck after windows" 7 "starting Windows on drivers why this happened was because of my video card Because the solution to that problem was i had to go to device manager after the first restart and disable the video card After that the setup would complete By this stage i was shootin fireworks in my house happy as all i can be But thennnnnnnn another problem came up and this is why i brought this whole deal up because it has to have something to do with it for a solution Okay so i boot into a fresh install of windows I have an GeForce EVGA gx When i installed the drivers for it and restarted i get stuck on quot Starting windows quot screen It has to be the graphics card again causing this To be honestly i dont even know what i have and havnt tried anymore My brain is currently at swiss cheese status I also thought maybe the SATA mode had something to do with it like the IDE SATA AHCI My last format was done in ACHI I also tried to install the AHCI driver and then install graphics card driver but i still get stuck when it restarts I tried the other modes and nothing worked to boot into windows One of them actually gives me the BSOD at the start I forgot which one The pathetic thing about this whole problem is back then when i had my windows installed i never had any issues with nothing everything was working perfectly until one day i wokeup to turn my computer on and i had a black screen with blinking cursor after Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows" after drivers doing a hard shutdown Thats the very very beginning of all my issues when they started I hope i am not getting you guys confused But yeah i know for a fact all my hardware parts are working correctly Ive tried a different Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows" after drivers monitor Nothing worked I just think it has to be some kind of setting maybe in the BIOS I have a new MB right now along with a new CPU When i had my older MB and CPU the windows installation going black at completing installtion was already taking place So it cant be because of that My very Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows" after drivers little computer knowledge hasnt had any luck with whats going on Someone please help PS i tried old driver versions and still had no luck Also tried googling and it seems like i dont see anyone else with this problem

A:Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows" after drivers

Welcome sammytweak2: Can we start with getting you to fillin your system specs? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/54246-windows-7-stuck-starting-windows-after-drivers.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I had to reinstall windows Vista Business on an Acer Aspire AX1200-U1640A 2GB install went well but when I tried to set up my internet, wireless did not show, I called my internet provider we tried to set it up as broadband but that didn't work either. It seems I do not have the drivers for the Ethernet Controller and other things listed under other devices see pictures in attached document. Since I do not have the internet on that computer, I downloaded the Ethernet driver from Acer to a jump drive but I cannot get it to work. Please advise for all "other devices" with the same problem. Oh, yes the Ethernet cord is plugged in and my laptop has wifi. Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista reinstall other devices locked, no drivers cannot load drivers

Hi go to acer support page and download and install the chipset driver then try the lan driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-reinstall-other-devices-locked-no-drivers-cannot-load-drivers-1002834.html
Relevancy 89.87%

"Install" option is missing from the context menu for *.inf files.
Google gives many results, but all considering the same problem for Win95/98/2000, and not for XP which is my OS.

It is probably a registry problem, since it is the same case on my both computers with same software, and different hardware.
I've tried everything I knew, but can't move a bit.

I have one more problem with context menu; WinRAR "extract" options are present, but not working for *.rar files. They do work for other archives though. This is not such a big problem, but I am mentioning it beacause there is a possibility that both are connected.

I desperatly need to install an *.inf driver. No way around. I NEED to get back "INstall" option in the context menu for *.inf file drivers.

PLEASE, HELP!

Relevancy 89.87%

Hey Guys-
I'm on Vista 64bix, running most current version of WMP 11.

I am trying to get more information on an album, but when I right click on it the option is not there. My media is on a Network share, which is a known problem in WMP. They put out a HotFix on it- which is supposed to correct the issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938232

HOWEVER- when I try to install this, it says 'The Update does not apply to this system'

This generally happens when an update is already installed. However, I have triple checked- it is NOT installed on my machine. I am positive I am using the correct update file as well (64bit for Vista).

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm EXTREMELY frustrated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-option-for-find-info-hotfix-wont-install.933655/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi I just reinstalled a clean Windows Drivers Audio and "Multimedia required Controller" for Controller" "USB XP copy in my desktop computer which is of Dell Dimension model I had reformatted the entire disk deleted everything and reinstalled a Drivers required for "Multimedia Audio Controller" and "USB Controller" clean copy of Windows XP Home with service pack into my desktop Most of the drivers were missing after the reinstall I managed to get suitable drivers for my network adapters and now i can successfully login to the internet In my device manager window i Drivers required for "Multimedia Audio Controller" and "USB Controller" still have two devices which have a big yellow question mark next to them They are quot Multimedia Audio Controller quot and quot Universal Serial Bus USB Controller quot devices I do not know where i can get the suitable drivers for these devices I have all CD s that came bundled with this computer Among them are Dell Dimension Resource CD for Reinstalling Device Drivers and Using Diagnostics Utilities and Online Documentation I need help in finding the right drivers for my two devices Currently i cannot hear any audio from the speakers of my computer I need to install appropriate drivers to make my speakers and microphone function Any help would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Drivers required for "Multimedia Audio Controller" and "USB Controller"

Dell.com

Next time, save your drivers before you reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-required-for-multimedia-audio-controller-and-usb-controller.837041/
Relevancy 89.44%

The quot Idle-time Full System Scan quot in Norton v is bogging down my computer constantly and there is no option to turn it off in quot Automatic Tasks quot I contacted Norton and after several attempts to find someone at Norton who could understand what I just said above and getting quot hung-up quot on over Norton chat Inexcusable I was able to get a hold of a technician who told me that Norton intentionally removed this option quot for security reasons because they didn t want people turning it off quot The problem is people will then be forced to turn it off by turning off ALL scheduled tasks under quot Settings Norton option Tasks" available under "Virus Scan" No v4: 360 "Settings/Automatic Scheduling Schedule Manual Schedule quot and that is an even worse security problem than the relatively small one that would be created by turning off idle-time full system scanning Once the system has completed a full system scan all files are on-access scanned anyway so running a full system scan every - days is rather silly and extremely annoying--especially because it will continue to try to run every time the system Norton 360 v4: No "Virus Scan" option available under "Settings/Automatic Tasks" is idle if you cancel it A warning urging the user to not turn off idle-time full system scans without fully understanding the risks and after explaining the risks would be VERY preferable Or at least the option to run the full system scans when the system is idle on a certain day of the month week The schedule for idle-time full system scans really needs to be separate from other tasks In fact the BEST solution would be the option to change the scheduling options for EACH automatic task INDIVIDUALLY--with the option to change EACH one to quot Automatic Weekly Monthly Manual quot By forcing people to turn off ALL automatic tasks in order to control that ONE idle-time virus scan option ALL or NONE Norton has made the security problem they are trying to avoid much worse So in the mean time does anyone know a registry setting that will turn off quot Idle-time full system scans quot un-check the invisible box without turning off the other automatic tasks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-360-v4-no-virus-scan-option-available-under-settings-automatic-tasks.948984/
Relevancy 89.44%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 89.01%

I recently built a new computer using the Asus Rampage II Gene motherboard which uses the ICH R southbridge and the Intel Matrix Storage Raid controller Something happened in transport where the setting in the BIOS got Windows load drivers Install cannot RAID 7 reset from RAID mode to IDE mode and now after switching it back to RAID mode the boot process cannot find a bootable device I checked the bootup priority manager to make sure that was not the issue I have been trying to use Windows startup repair to fix this problem but when I attempt to load the x RAID drivers for the Intel Matrix Storage controller Windows install Windows 7 Install cannot load RAID drivers attempts to load them but then errors out saying quot Failed to load driver quot I am almost certain these are the correct drivers since I downloaded them from my motherboard's product webpage I have also tried the most recent drivers directly from Intel I have tried the other drivers that come with the download for other southbridge's and I have also tried running Windows x install and using the -bit drivers all with the same result Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong or how to get around this My computer is essentially unusable in this state and I would really like to avoid having to reinstall Windows Thanks

A:Windows 7 Install cannot load RAID drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by nerdBrain

I recently built a new computer using the Asus Rampage II Gene motherboard, which uses the ICH10R southbridge and the Intel Matrix Storage Raid controller. Something happened in transport where the setting in the BIOS got reset from RAID mode to IDE mode and now after switching it back to RAID mode the boot process cannot find a bootable device. I checked the bootup priority manager to make sure that was not the issue. I have been trying to use Windows 7 startup repair to fix this problem, but when I attempt to load the x64 RAID drivers for the Intel Matrix Storage controller, Windows install attempts to load them, but then errors out saying "Failed to load driver". I am almost 100% certain these are the correct drivers since I downloaded them from my motherboard's product webpage. I have also tried the most recent drivers directly from Intel. I have tried the other drivers that come with the download for other southbridge's, and I have also tried running Windows 7 x86 install and using the 32-bit drivers, all with the same result. Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong or how to get around this? My computer is essentially unusable in this state and I would really like to avoid having to reinstall Windows.

Thanks

Can you boot from the win 7 dvd to bios, or safe boot (F8)?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/75991-windows-7-install-cannot-load-raid-drivers.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Not sure if anyone's reported this yet, but I did a clean install of 7077 on my backup computer and anytime I start an application download and select "run" from the download menu, it downloads the program but will not start it, I have to go back and save the file, and run the .exe from there.

Anyone else run into this and found a fix?

A:Can't install programs from "run" DL option in 7077

That's a strange 1. I've not had that issue with any build. Sorry, can't help you out there, hopefully someone can though

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6880-cant-install-programs-run-dl-option-7077-a.html
Relevancy 89.01%

As a general rule of thumb, is it best to install all new software using the "run as administrator" option?

A:Should I use the "run as admin" option when I install new software?

yes if you trust the program you are going to install...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/103004-should-i-use-run-admin-option-when-i-install-new-software.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting change itself back. I have tried to change it and restart. It will either revert upon restart or shortly after. It will revert back even if I do not restart.

A:Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

That sounds like my problem - I leave the computer for an hour and it is shut down (I think sleep mode). I just need to hit the power button and it comes on to where it was when I left - but 2 of my USB devices are lost so I have to restart the computer anyway.

I changed all the power settings to NEVER. But his doesn't seem to make any difference......

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/33921-power-option-turning-off-display-remains-15-minutes.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi all I recently reformatted my hand-me-down HP Media Center PC m OS is Win XP Media Center Version Service HP Media Center m7640 "Video Controller" for Solved: drivers Pack see above image for serial etc Using the recovery reformat boot sector HP seems to have used this drive sector since HDD s never go bad in lieu of offering an OEM OS disk but the perk is it install all of the drivers and pre-runs the windows setup steps for you Problem is it didn t get the graphics driver right Every time you reboot it prompts you to install the drivers for your quot video controller quot and if you do quot search the computer windows update quot it finds nothing The tower bears an NVIDIA sticker on the front and if you go to the HP support page it tell you the download you need is for quot NVIDIA GeForce LE Graphics Drivers quot which is a file called quot sp exe quot http h www hp com ewfrf wc softwareCategory os amp lc en amp cc us amp dlc en amp sw lang amp product N When you run the downloaded file from HP it opens the standard NVIDIA install screen and runs through a quick Solved: "Video Controller" drivers for HP Media Center m7640 step before aborting notifying you that these drivers are not applicable to your hardware Did I wrongly the driver video card Is there a way to get just the inf s or cab s or whatever so I can just tell the windows driver install that I quot have disk quot and can skip the issues with the NVIDIA GUI installer nbsp

A:Solved: "Video Controller" drivers for HP Media Center m7640

Download and install the chipset driver (sp26802.exe), reboot then try to install the graphics driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-controller-drivers-for-hp-media-center-m7640.957200/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello!
I just discovered how awesome this feature is, but unfortunately it is not functioning properly, playing with drivers might help I believe :/

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440446-what-drivers-make-cast-media-device-feature-work.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I amp m running a corrupt missing Start up or problem: "system32\drivers\nfts.sys" Dell Dimension desktop pc RAM I think with Windows XP and on start up I am receiving a black screen and Start up problem: "system32\drivers\nfts.sys" missing or corrupt the following message Windows could not start because the following is missing or corrupt system drivers nfts sys You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original cd-rom Select r at first screen to start repair Prior to this happening I was using my pc as normal with a few different programs running and surfing the internet using Firefox out of the blue separate pop ups appeared stating that a Trojan had been removed Then I noticed that there were no program tabs showing at the bottom of my screen I closed all programs and was able to save changes to documents Once left with the desktop showing only there were no desktop icons start button etc showing so I had to just switch the pc off without going through the shutdown process I don amp t know if the Trojans are a coincidence or related to the problem I am now experiencing but it seems a bit suspect In addition I believe I am in a serious need of a RAM upgrade as my pc has been running sluggish with some freezing issues and blue screen errors at times but I have been delaying getting this sorted as I amp m a bit nervous of doing this and messing something up although my understanding is upgrading the memory should be quite straightforward I don amp t have a Windows XP setup cd but my parents are sending their cd to me hopefully it is the right one If their cd turns out not to be the correct one I amp ve found Windows XP repair software on eBay would this normally be regarded as trustworthy and worth trying Thankfully I also have a laptop which I amp m using now but this is running on Windows Vista otherwise maybe I could have made up a setup cd to use on my desktop although I amp m not sure that would amp ve been possible anyway My desktop pc and laptop are networked for sharing my internet connection but not set up to share files etc I assume there is no way to access the files on my desktop pc while its in its sick state Is there anything I can do prior to trying the Windows XP setup cd when it arrives or am I best waiting for the cd and trying that first and then take it from there Sorry that this has turned into rather a lengthy post but any help or ideas would be gratefully received nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A205-S7442 laptop which came with Vista and I upgraded to win 7 dual boot. For some reason there are no drivers for the card reader ( sandisk microSD card ) in win 7 but Vista works fine. Have tried Toshiba driver download but cannot find drivers for mass storage controller.

Any suggestions on how to find drivers, tried update drivers no luck.

Thanks Bob

A:Cannot find "Mass storage controller" drivers for win 7 dual boot.

Link to driver for anybody that needs it.
TI Card Reader Driver for Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64)

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/346183-cannot-find-mass-storage-controller-drivers-win-7-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hey guys, just built a new system with two HD4850 ATI cards and Vista 64. Every so often, my screen flickers and I get the now infamous "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error message. It is getting quite annoying. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thank you!

A:ATI Drivers causing "display driver stopped responding" errors

Are you using the latest driver set from ATI? Version 8.9? If not I would suggest downloading it from their website and uninstalling your current ones and installing the more up-to-date version.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/185740-ati-drivers-causing-display-driver-stopped-responding-errors.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I have been trying for weeks to install a Canon Pixma MX on my desktop under Windows XP Home Edition Despite various forum postings and advice I have been unable to do anything without getting the above error message Assuming I have corrupted the Registry I have restored all changes made by my Registry Editor and via Safe Mode restored the system to a date in September Drivers installed". newer already Error of "a RUBBISH! message version MP is long before I had tried to install the printer or delete any older Canon programs All these Canon programs and other entries in Canon Folders e g in Downloads have all been uninstalled using Revo with traces also being removed by Revo at the Advanced level But I still get the message quot A newer version of MP Drivers is already installed quot Is there any last chance of sorting this or will I have to erase the hard drive and do a complete clean re-installation I ve spent DAYS on this and am getting really frustrated with it nbsp

A:Error message "a newer version of MP Drivers is already installed". RUBBISH!

XP may be installing a default driver that is newer
than the one on the CD.
Plug in the camera.
Look in "my computer" to see if the camera shows up as a drive.
Check the canon website for software updates,if you need the software.
You may be able to browse the folders on the CD and run the
different setup programs for the software individually.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-a-newer-version-of-mp-drivers-is-already-installed-rubbish.963466/
Relevancy 88.15%

My HDD crashed and I didn t back up my drivers I got all of them from the lenovo Lenovo [Request] "base drivers system device" y570 support site for my Lenovo Y and still remains quot [Request] Lenovo y570 "base system device" drivers Base System Device quot drivers I ve tried the Lenovo Update scan thing and searching google for people with similar problems I came up with nothing So I ask here what are these drivers Where can I find them Pic below is device manager in properties it [Request] Lenovo y570 "base system device" drivers states location as PCI Bus I have no idea what this means or if its relevant I can t notice anything wrong with my Laptop as it is now everything works I haven t tried gaming except I can no longer scroll with my touchpad the sides used to allow me to but now the whole area of the pad is touch to click Thanks for your help in advance would be a huge help if you could help me work this out ht tp i tin ypic com n a apt jpg nbsp

A:[Request] Lenovo y570 "base system device" drivers

Have you looked here?: http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=867235

Try the chipset drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/request-lenovo-y570-base-system-device-drivers.176560/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi my attempt to install windows today ended in When I boot from the DVD choose the Language and press quot Install quot I get an Error message stating quot A DVD CD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver CD Floppy please insert it now quot Here are my specifications- HP Pavilion p f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion p f Desktop PC device missing" "DVD setup installation in drive Win7 drivers - HP technical support Austria - English I have experienced this same problem with Vista x and x "DVD drive device drivers missing" in Win7 installation setup I am trying to clean install Windows bit I put the drivers on a thumb drive and Browse to it when prompts me Funny thing is Windows reads all the other files on the thumb drive like psds flas skps and so on but it just plays stupid to the actual drivers for the motherboard chipset The system rejects XP and I was forced to put Ubuntu on it Ubuntu sucks nothing runs I know all about WINE to get some programs to run but I use the entire Adobe Suite

A:"DVD drive device drivers missing" in Win7 installation setup

Try this:

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

Take a look at these posts:

http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...-problems.html
Tutorial quick reference list for Installing Windows 7
Questions to use for help with Installation Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/88297-dvd-drive-device-drivers-missing-win7-installation-setup.html
Relevancy 88.15%

My motherboard has on board audio which I disabled in my bios in order to use my recording sound card. This worked flawlessly for over 2 years. Then sometime last year Windows installed my "Missing HD Audio Driver" which disabled all sound until i enabled the on board sound in the bios again, this of course meant i couldnt use my recording card.

All Windows and driver updates have been turned off, it still installs.

After many attempts at fixes i found online I gave up until more recently when i reformatted the computer and got it working. Then yesterday it started again. I have no idea what to do about it but im hoping that with a year having passed, maybe people have figured this out.

A:"HD Audio" drivers keep installing - disabling my recording sound card

This really did not need to be moved, as it is not specifically an audio problem. It is an issue with windows installing drivers when its not supposed to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/237347-hd-audio-drivers-keep-installing-disabling-my-recording-sound-card.html
Relevancy 88.15%

At some point in the last three months, a number of machines have stopped being able to add new USB devices.

These can be USB headsets, mass storage devices, anything. This includes devices which previously have installed fine and been working without issue.
In device manager, the devices show as "No drivers are installed for this device". However, if you click update drivers, and then manually select the Mass Storage (for example), you can install the device without a problem.
This has nothing to do with any vendor specific drivers - This is a Windows 7 issue.

Has anyone seen anything similar?
Is anyone aware of a recent update that may have had an impact on the USB stack or the operation of PnP?
Any other ideas?

Cheers

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca31d18a-0167-459a-81ca-e8767d640edc/pnp-for-usb-has-stopped-working-on-hundreds-of-devices-quotno-drivers-are-installed-for-this?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 88.15%

When I view the volume settings it says quot No Audio Device quot and when I view the quot Device Manager quot under quot Sound Video And Game Controllers quot it reads as follows Audio Codecs Legacy Audio Drivers Legacy Video Capture Devices Media Control Devices Standard Game Port Video Codecs drivers tried ! but "NO AUDIO sound it refuses DEVICE", installing How do I find out which sound drivers to install I have already tried Realtek AC Audio and when it installed it finished halfway and a message popped up and said quot Uninstalling audio drivers quot I removed and re-installed Realtek AC Sound Drivers Well it refuses to install the quot driver quot file actualy that s the main problem here My PC is really messed up I deleted a bunch on notepads because it was taking up my hard drive and I needed to install a game But that didn t work out great Now my computer is missing Search Companion System Restore and Regedit HELP How do I get those back I went on to crucial com to do a scan to find out "NO AUDIO DEVICE", tried installing sound drivers but it refuses ! my mobo it s called MSI Micro Star MS- E E Max Motherboard SPECS Microsoft Windows XP Professional Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB of RAM GB Hard Drive O Thanks in advance nbsp

A:"NO AUDIO DEVICE", tried installing sound drivers but it refuses !

You "deleted a bunch of notepads"? OH NO!!!! Never do that unless you are 100% sure the file will have no effect on your PC!

Wow... it sounds like you may need to do a "Repair Installation", using your XP installation disk (the same service pack as your current installation)

You could try this, if you have your disk..to replace critical files, for starters:

Start>
Run>
Type "command">

In command prompt, type: "sfc /scannow"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-tried-installing-sound-drivers-but-it-refuses.930679/
Relevancy 88.15%

I can't seem to find the system drivers Windows 7 for "Compaq CQ40-517TU" I mean the chipset,audio,video and important drivers. I already look for drivers on HP sites but only HP bundled drivers are available. There is no drivers for system. Need help.

Software & Driver Downloads Compaq Presario CQ40-517TU Notebook PC | HP? Support

Compaq Presario CQ40-500 Notebook PC series*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

A:Can't find "Compaq Presario CQ40-517TU" Drivers :(

Not sure how old this machine is, if no longer supported by manufacturer have you tried looking for vista drivers

I just followed your link and selected vista 32 bit and they are all there

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/269524-cant-find-compaq-presario-cq40-517tu-drivers.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I don't have any sound because i get the "no audio device" pic related

I have tried bios enabling, updating realtek driver, set backing the driver, uninstalling then reinstalling, installing drivers off the HP website, installing drivers off realtek website. I've done the services.msc ****. EVERYthing. I've made a fresh reformat of XP btw. Help?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also when I tried to install the HP driver it says I need the UUA high definiton bus driver, but it says in device manager that i have it, and when ever I install the uua driver off microsoft or whereever it says it has installed and must restart but when you get back on I try to install the HP driver but it still says I need the UUA driver.

A:[SOLVED] &quot;No audio device&quot; yet I have realtek drivers installed

Hi Difused. This might sound like a really stupid question but do you have any speakers hooked up? If so, are they connected to the correct plugs?

Good day.

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-and-quot-no-audio-device-and-quot-yet-i-have-realtek-drivers-installed-567068.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi I ve found another interesting bug "Could file drivers not installing found: specified" the find while Solution fix I m surprised i found no other useful material on this error on the internet when it seems to be a fairly common and annoying error but here goes C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportQueue Report any random number here In order to recognise which tmp file you should look into you need to know the CATALOGUE number of the driver you wish to install Guide to finding out the catalogue no Inside of the place Solution found: "Could not find the file specified" while installing drivers where you have your driver setup files cd floppy wherever locate the cat file It should have an icon with several sheets of paper bound with a strip of tape Windows uses the catalogue file name as the tmp file name So search through the folders in the above mentioned directory until you find the one with a tmp file by the name of the catalogue file you ve located in the steps above In here you should find a tmp file There will be about files give or take Open the tmp file This is the file that will give the REAL solution to your problem In this file windows logs its actions while installing the drivers Now here s the magic Windows cannot find the file specified Cos Either Windows or your Conexant driver witers is stupid Either way if you scroll down to the bottom of this file and read the last lines or so you ll realize that windows was actually looking for the file that was missing in a valid folder but the files weren t there In my case the folder was C Windows inf Here s an example of what a tmp file that is relevant should look like gt gt gt Device Install DiShowUpdateDevice - PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS A amp REV amp FD CA amp amp F gt gt gt Section start cmd quot C Windows system mmc exe quot C Windows system devmgmt msc dvi DIF UPDATEDRIVER UI dvi No class installer for Multimedia Audio Controller dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF UPDATEDRIVER UI - exit xe e ndv Update Driver Software Wizard for PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS A amp REV amp FD CA amp amp F dvi Set selected driver complete dvi DIF SELECTDEVICE dvi Using exported function MediaClassInstaller in module C Windows system mmci dll dvi Class installer mmci dll MediaClassInstaller dvi Using exported function MediaClassCoInstaller in module C Windows system mmcico dll dvi CoInstaller mmcico dll MediaClassCoInstaller dvi CoInstaller Enter dvi CoInstaller Exit dvi Class installer Enter dvi Class installer Exit dvi DIF SELECTDEVICE - exit xe e inf SetupCopyOEMInf c windows inf qta a inf inf Opened INF c windows inf qta a inf strings lt src normal gt inf Opened INF c windows inf qta a inf strings lt src normal gt dvi Staging Package To Driver Store - phase sto Inf Path c windows inf qta a inf sto Flags sto Processor Architecture inf Opened INF c windows inf qta a inf strings lt src normal gt inf Opened INF c windows inf qta a inf strings lt src normal gt inf Opened INF c windows inf qta a inf strings lt src normal gt inf Opened INF c windows inf qta a inf strings lt src normal gt inf Opened INF c windows inf qta a inf strings lt src normal gt sto Copying driver package Inf c windows inf qta a inf Destination C Users kofi ea f - - d -b fc- adcfd a inf Opened INF c windows inf qta a inf strings lt src normal gt inf Opened INF c windows inf qta a inf strings lt src normal gt flq FILE QUEUE COPY flq CopyStyle - x flq SourceRootPath - c windows inf flq SourceFilename - qta a inf flq TargetDirectory- C Users kofi ea f - - d -b fc- adcfd a flq FILE QUEUE COPY exit x inf Opened INF c windows inf qta a inf strings lt src normal gt inf Opened PNF c windows inf ks inf strings lt src drvstore gt inf Opened PNF c windows inf wdmaudio inf strings lt src drvstore gt flq FILE QUEUE COPY flq CopyStyle - x flq SourceRootPath - c windows inf flq SourcePath - flq SourceFilename - camchal sys flq TargetDirectory- C Use... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solution-found-could-not-find-the-file-specified-while-installing-drivers.723863/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello First post on this forum that I discovered by chance looking for an answer to my problem so Hi everybody I recently changed the Graphic Card on a computer running on Windows bits SP from a Geforce to a Geforce Ti I had a huge amount of problems doing so after uninstalling the drivers of the precedent card and installing the new one both coming from the Nvidia website the computer simply couldn't find the new or the ancient GC Or it did find it but quot couldn't access it quot or quot hadn't access to it quot sorry don't know the exact terms the OS is set to French Anyway after half a day of trial and errors I finally managed to install it in safe mod and I thought that everything was -finally- okay Then a few days later it appeared that the quot couldn't access device quot was now spreading in the whole computer I problem General drivers denied" acess "device can't even install or use a single USB device I tried the USB drivers - general fixes for problems that you advice three times without success it still have the same problems I can't totally install USB devices and all devices I assume from the GC incident even on General drivers problem "device acess denied" safe mod Oh and on top of that the windows restoration system doesn't work I would have tried to go before the GC change to see if everything was working I also checked the famous SP USB driver problem but it doesn't seems to fixt it the exe find no problems EDIT more info I checked the UAC the General drivers problem "device acess denied" slider is all the way down so it shouldn't be linked to it Windows update also seems not able to do work properly I got updates waiting to install I can download them but their installation always fail I honestly don't know what to try now Does somebody have an Idea In all cases thanks for reading Marnuss

A:General drivers problem "device acess denied"

I would scan the machine for malware first thing.

Are you able to run system restore from safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/329020-general-drivers-problem-device-acess-denied.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I just updated my graphics driver to the latest from the Nvidia website "My Nvidia Computer" rename Graphics forces Drivers and I was again disappointed to find that the bug I reported to them long ago was still not fixed For some reason despite what I prefer to name quot My Computer quot it is always renamed to quot My Computer quot on startup since I installed the drivers Nvidia Graphics Drivers forces "My Computer" rename I ll admit this is not a serious issue but it is bothersome as Nvidia Graphics Drivers forces "My Computer" rename I use quot My Computer quot as a toolbar in my taskbar and the extended name skews icon placement etc I m curious if I am the only person having this problem and if not if there is any solution Any information is appreciated The Nvidia site offers no assistance whatsoever I will never purchase Nvidia again To note I am running WinXP Home Edition AMD Athlon Nvidia Graphics Drivers forces "My Computer" rename XP MB RAM On-Board GFX Nvidia GeForce I think this is all the information that is applicable Thank you in advance Jinx Dojo nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,
Since the anniversary update, I've been getting no audio due to a "No output device installed" error.
All of my drivers are fine and running. I Reset the PC while maintaining my personal files AND STILL I had the error.
When opening audio properties, there are no inputs or outputs. Device manager points no errors.
Windows troubleshooting is useless in this case. Finds an error but no fix.
Another weird aspect is that it happens only sometimes. Sometimes, with a reboot it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Ran "sfc /scannow" while getting that error message and it said there were no errors.
Ran the HP boot troubleshooter and sound was just fine.
It's a new HP Spectre x360 4103np with native Windows 10. I'm going crazy because since that update, I've been getting a lot of errors...

A:"No output device installed" even though all drivers are fine after a OS reset

Hi,
Just called HP Portugal and they said that the error I'm getting is a known error and Microsoft is aware of it but there are no current fixes. Only a rollback to the original Windows 10 version would fix it.
So now we play the waiting game until either HP or Microsoft fix the problem.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435084-no-output-device-installed-even-though-all-drivers-fine-after-os-reset.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello there folks st time for me on these forums so nice to meet yall It's all in the title i get this message all the time when i'm playing a game "drivers and responding stopped makes me recovered" crazy! on my laptop for more than min It can't vary though sometimes i get a screen freeze after min sometimes after minutes but i can never play more than an hour long without getting hit by that error message Here is my config Sager laptop Lenovo i - MQ Ghz boost Ghz Geforce GTX M w G ram each SLI quot "drivers stopped responding and recovered" makes me crazy! screen x Mhz GB ram SSD Go each windows games HDD rpm To each Windows If i play fullscreen i get a sound coming from the desktop and the screen goes black Then it's hell to get back to the desktop usually i have to restart If i play windowed fullscreen i get a screen freeze and i can exit the game using the task manager but it's hell anyway Of course i have the very latest Nvidia drivers the Of course i use a cooling pad I tried a few things like deactivating SLI unistalling Geforce experience but it doesn't work I also have HWmonitor running at all times to check the temperature After a little "drivers stopped responding and recovered" makes me crazy! while it gets to C F or so But i'm not surprised considering it's an SLI config I also tried to replace the nvlddmkm sys file located in Windows system drivers by expanding another one using the cmd and pasting it but then my screen went totally black and i had to work litteraly all night to manage to get out of it creating an USB recovery from another laptop Anyway i'm at a point where i don't know what to do anymore and that driver issue made my gaming life so miserable that i hardly want to launch a game anymore no it's not a good thing Please I really need help with this

A:"drivers stopped responding and recovered" makes me crazy!

I recently had a similar experience with my brand new GT610 from Asus, I suspect the latest drivers from Nvudia so I rolled back one version. So far so good.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63919-drivers-stopped-responding-recovered-makes-me-crazy.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi I installed Vista B on my Toshiba Equium L Notebook and although the installation went well and Vista works SMART Subsystem" for Battery Missing "Microsoft drivers fine I did notice that there was Missing drivers for "Microsoft SMART Battery Subsystem" no quot Battery Icon quot in the systray so I would not know when my notebook battery was running low and this was clearly evident when I was using the L and it suddenly just turned off without any prior warning - the battery was flat Upon checking in Device Manager I noticed that there was no quot Batteries quot entry under quot Computer quot The Batteries entry should have had quot Microsoft SMART Battery quot amp quot Microsoft SMART Battery Subsystem quot but none of this was visible I noticed that urther down there Missing drivers for "Microsoft SMART Battery Subsystem" was Missing drivers for "Microsoft SMART Battery Subsystem" an quot Unknown Device quot After checking the properties of the unknown device I found that it has to do with the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Embedded Controller and after searching around the internet other users of various notebook manufacturer's are having the same problem and the unknown device is the Microsoft SMART Battery and Subsystem Windows XP has support for this hardware but clearly Vista does not Can anyone help with this problem and also tell me when MS SMART Battery amp MS SMART Battery Subsystem will be supported by Vista There must be thousands of users across the world who are experiencing the same issues and I would have thought that Microsoft would have released a driver for this hardware on Windows Update and certainly should be including it with Vista RC Regards Brave Heart

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f5c4516e-d04a-4da3-a1ce-c34f7ef132bf/missing-drivers-for-quotmicrosoft-smart-battery-subsystemquot?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello Hopefully this post will go thru - I lost my first one Please excuse this post I just want to make sure I have the correct drivers for my laptop before anything is destroyed I presume that if I don't install the correct drivers then my laptop will be toast Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll follow your instructions Bill In looking at the following post in this thread and going to the first link for chipsets about a third of the way down on the st page http www techsupportforum com f ed- html The nvidia site talks about Nforce i i - GeForce However in looking at the info displayed from a cool program in my opinion - PC Wizard that tells Part drivers Presario for F750US notepad 2 "Solved" - XP a person a LOT about their computer it shows my system to have the nVidia nForce chipset with the Quanta EA motherboard Will the i drivers work for with the 's I haven't looked up the other links yet from that Part 2 - "Solved" XP drivers for Presario F750US notepad post but I presume I will have the same questions unless you Bill tells me that putting in wrong drivers won't toast my laptop in which case I'll follow the directions Please advise and sorry to be over-cautious Thank you in advance Regards Paul

A:Part 2 - "Solved" XP drivers for Presario F750US notepad

I wouldn't test it, just use the driver that correlates to the hardware. That way you are better off because you won't have compatibility issues later down the line.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/part-2-solved-xp-drivers-for-presario-f750us-notepad-339322.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I did a reinstallation of Windows XP Pro on my main computer a few weeks ago device Installed" Are Drivers "No Reinstall: issues System XP - I would note that this is the first reinstallation of XP I have ever done I thought I covered all of the bases did a fair bit of studying beforehand but I apparently I may have missed something I wiped and re-formatted the HDD's reinstalled the SATA drivers and did a complete reinstall of XP I updated the bios video drivers etc Also made a separate Gb partition on my data drive XP Reinstall: System device issues - "No Drivers Are Installed" for the swap file Everthing has been working fine but I noticed a few odd things this AM when I was perusing XP's quot Device Manager quot There are several system devices listed which state quot No drivers are installed for this device quot The services are as follows Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller Direct Memory Access Controller High Precision Event Timer Motherboard Resources listed times Numeric data processor Programmable interrupt controller System Timer I went through everything listed under Device Manager even hidden devices - printers and non-PnP devices and the above are the only quot problem quot devices I found It looks like I omitted something when installing the motherboard software chipset but I don't know what it is was I have not encountered any major errors yet and I've been running it for weeks now It runs clean and fast I do get IE- windows stating that webpages failed to load on an occasional basis but not sure if this is related FYI - My motherboard system and bios info follows Mobo Intel DP DP http www intel com support motherb DP index htm BIOS DPP J A original version was DPP J A Proc Intel Core Duo E GHz Mem x Gb DDR OS Win XP Pro SP Are these services quot optional quot some sound important or did I miss something when reinstalling the chipset and drivers Thanks Mike T

A:XP Reinstall: System device issues - "No Drivers Are Installed"

Those should work fine without drivers. Did you install SP3?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-reinstall-system-device-issues-no-drivers-are-installed-348914.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi everyone. I was updating my drivers in vista home premium 32bit and after using driver cleaner 3 to remove the nvidia drivers when i tried to install new drivers, i was unable to. thinking that this was just a Nvidia prob, i went into device manager and saw that other drivers weren't installing either. i am unable to install any new drivers because vista says that access is denied. i am the only account on my computer and i am the administrator. Please help (i am forced to use linux to access internet for help as the ethernet drivers aren't installing). I will post a screenshot of the error soon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-access-is-denied-error-when-installing-drivers.675325/