Windows Support Forum

NO Toggle keys no matter what I do!

Q: NO Toggle keys no matter what I do!

Toggle Keys feature won't work in 7 64 no matter what I do. The keyboard is an MS Natural one/ergonomic the driver is 6.1.7601.17514.

Yes my sound is ON and working, all I get when I hold down the NUMLOCK is one beep out of the speakers and a message asking me if I want to enable or disable the feature. I choose yes and nothing happens.

I have read all the posts about it and there seems to be no fix. I am disabled and would like this feature to work as it did in XP

Thank you,

J T

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: NO Toggle keys no matter what I do!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: NO Toggle keys no matter what I do!

Have you installed all of your Important and Optional WIndows Updates after enabling Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware? I'd run it now to be sure.

On some OEM PC's it requires a software package after clean install/reinstall to regain full functionality of all the function keys (Fkeys). If XP was preinstalled on the PC were you running the Factory Install or had you already reinstalled? If so I'd look for the software package or Hotfix on the maker's SUpport Downloads webpage.

If this is the homebuilt in your specs with a Dual Boot, what software package did you install for this in XP? If still there I'd boot into XP to see if you see it in Add/Remove in Control Panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264659-no-toggle-keys-no-matter-what-i-do.html
Relevancy 27.52%

HP G62-b80SS laptop
Many keys in the keyboard aren't working. I've successfully replaced the motherboard for this laptop because it went dead because of some dampness trickling going inside and is now otherwise working fine. It's been abandoned for 7 months. I've reseated the keyboard connector and cleaned it with a contact cleaner.
I guess I need to get a new keyboard, am I right?
Thanks!

A:Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

Or the motherboard keyboard connector is damages by corrosion...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-keys-in-keyboard-not-working-hp-g62-b80ss-laptop.213407/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Razer BlackWidow keyboard Recently I downloaded and installed the latest version of Razer s Synapse on update keys swapped firmware Razer BlackWidow to try and fix this issue I was having with my Naga Lo and behold my Naga issues Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow were fixed but another problem emerged The new version of Synapse added support for the BlackWidow and also upgraded the firmware But after the upgrade my Windows and Alt keys have been swapped so when Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow I press one I get the other The only way I ve been able to fix it so far is to use SharpKeys to switch the keys back around but when I connect another keyboard that keyboard now has its Windows and Alt keys swapped It s not that big Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow of a deal but I do swap to a quieter keyboard late at night from time-to-time and I would really prefer to have it fixed without having to rely on a workaround like this I ve check around and I can t find any information about this issue and Razer s support website is completely useless as usual Likewise I haven t had any luck so far with downgrading the firmware either Does anybody have any idea on what I could do particularly other BlackWidow owners nbsp

A:Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow

Can't you just go into Synapse and assign the Windows key to the Alt key and vice versa? All the keys are programmable and hopefully this wouldn't affect your other keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-firmware-update-swapped-keys-on-blackwidow.182990/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

I installed win 7 x86 on a sony vaio vpceb36fg. Everything seems OK but the Fn keys. The combination of Fn+related keys work only for sound volume and screen lock button and not for others!

How to get all Fn keys worked please?
Is it needed to install any tool/utility?

A:Fn keys don't work

Your laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit so I'm curious as to why you decided to install a 32 bit version.

Laptops, particularly Vaios, have specific functions assigned to keys. On yours you were previously able to surf the web and play DVDs without booting up into Windows. To regain all that you've lost will take quite a bit of work. The utilities you need will be on a Sony support site. However, sometimes things have to be installed in a particular order before they work. It took me a long time Googling, downloading utilities and experimenting to get everything working when I reinstalled the OS on my Vaio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-keys-dont-work.207842/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello hello After having a problem with my cd dvd drive I rebooted my computer and did a clean install of Windows from my Vista So right now I m running Windows Windows not install (Touch/slider) FN - 7 Clean Keys working I have a VAIO - VGN-CS J Windows looks and feels great so far The only problem is my little sliding touch pad at the top doesn t work I don t know if it s FN keys but on top of my keyboard there s a little sliding touch pad for volume along with a fast forward rewind key I used to be able to slide the volume up from there but now it s not working I looked it up and I know this has to do with my clean install of windows I tried installing a bunch of drivers like everyone said online Sony Shared Libraries Vaio Event Notebook Control Device And a bunch of other drivers that people talked about I don t know what s wrong but it s still not working so I did a system restore to before I installed everything so that I can have a clean slate Can someone please help me fix my volume control slider please Thank you so much nbsp

A:Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Laptops have extras over and above Windows and if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it you lose these. I've been there and done that with the FZ. It was broken when I bought it and the hard drive had been removed. Fixing the computer was very hard, installing Windows 7 was easy. Afterwards, like yourself I found that the function keys didn't work. Trawling forums and looking for drivers then sorting it out took ages and that was the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Everything necessary was on the Sony support sites but these were not user friendly and I needed to use several Sony sites. Needless to say Sony support were clueless. In the end I got everything functioning but if you can manage with things as they are I'd not bother. One tip, although it might not work with your particular Vaio model is that stuff has to be installed in a particular order otherwise some keys don't work.

That'll teach you to mess with Windows when a cd/dvd plays up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-windows-7-fn-keys-touch-slider-not-working.207046/
Relevancy 36.55%

Here is the problem I just recently was given a laptop. I was told that it was hooked up to a tv with HDMI but, there was sound on the laptop. I am running Windows 7 Premium HP Pavilion g7-1318dx Notebook PC
Serial Number: 6CF2085XDS Product Number: A7A43UAR . I have no sound with just notebook speakers. I have went to the HP driver download site and tried to download the audio drivers. I receive a warning " The Hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. Install will now abort." There are 3 Audio downloads on the Hp website none work. The speaker Icon down by the clock with a red X on it when you do a mouse roll over it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. I have tried headphones still no sound. I have also tried to the windows trouble shooter and it says it detects no problems. Play back devices is only showing Digital Audio (HDMI) High definition Audio device not plugged in. Recording says there are no audio devises are installed in. I have tried everything any help would be appreciated.

A:No sound no matter what

I think that you need an extra lead because HDMI gives picture only. The lead I have has a mini stereo jackplug at one end which goes into the computer's headphones socket and two phono plugs (white and yellow) at the other to plug into the TV's audio input at the back. You should then be able to work out how to set up the sound via Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-no-matter-what.206720/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey guys

I have a problem with my laptop.
Sometimes the space bar, n and enter key stops working. When this happens, I can usually hit the button a few times and the key finally registers. It happens randomly and quite often. But sometimes I can type for hours without it happening.

I have not spilled any liquid on my laptop and I haven't dropped it. The problem started randomly a few months ago.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

The laptop is an Asus K55V. It is nearly 3 years old

- Fred

A:Laptop keys sometimes don't work

Hey Fred,
Not sure if this might work that well, but give it a try! If it doesn't..go to a technician...its probably the best idea.

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-sometimes-dont-work.205954/
Relevancy 35.69%

Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use.
Here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 25 C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845) (SOCKET 0) 30 C
Graphics
L204WT ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB (SSD) 28 C
119GB SanDisk SDSSDHP128G (SSD) 28 C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA) 28 C
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 30 C
Optical Drives
CZYJMF MJW5MF4 SCSI CdRom Device
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-221L
Audio
Sound Blaster Z

I had an EVGA 780TI working great. My 980 arrived so I swapped. All I got was a black screen. After taking the card out and putting it back in a few times nothing changed. Giving up I put my 780ti back in and now that just gives me a black screen too.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Edit: My mobo gives the code A0 which is normal so I don't think it detected anything was wrong.

A:Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use

If your not getting an error code its probably booting up normally. It maybe defaulting to the integrated card for some reason so I would try plugging onto the on board video when booting to see what happens.

If that is the case you will just have to go into the bios and change your default video card to the PCIE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-980-now-all-i-get-is-a-black-screen-no-matter-what-gpu-i-use.205925/
Relevancy 28.38%

Okay, so yesterday I was dropped off for my first day at Uni and I went into my room to set up my laptop. Somehow (truly a mystery) a single tear fell onto my keyboard, right in the gap below the space bar. Obviously, I thought nothing of it... for about a minute. Then suddenly my keyboard went absolutely crazy. The space bar stopped working and when I tried to type with any other key, weird stuff happened. For example, I would type "B" and instead it would come up as "###O'xnF."

As you can imagine, very weird. I left it for a little bit while I unpacked and when I came back to it, it seemed to have settled down, but some of the keys had stopped working all together. These include the space bar, the z, the s, the shift key, the left alt key etc. Basically, several on the left side of the space bar. I am having to use a USB keyboard but obviously I would rather not have to.

Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?

A:Laptop keys not working

"Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?"... Tears contain salt, salt is corrosive. Yes, take it to a repair place and tell them what you told us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-not-working.205454/
Relevancy 27.09%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 27.52%

Okay sorry if this Unless Laptop turns won't off turn certain keys or down holding on isn t in the right place wasn t sure how to classify this I have a Toshiba Laptop that will not turn on unless you are holding EITHER the Ctrl Shift or Alt Key while powering it up and the second you let go of the key the screen goes black and it shuts down It took me a while to figure out holding any one of those keys while pressing power would work I placed a weight on the shift button amp managed to reformat it with Laptop turns off or won't turn on Unless holding down certain keys Win Pro thinking it may somehow alleviate this perplexing issue it s reformatted with all the updates done but still has this issue One thing I also notice is whenever the quot machine quot shuts down or restarts even during the reformat it goes to the boot screen where I am forced to select quot F quot for the bios menu or quot F quot for the boot order I select the HD and then Win starts up I just don t understand how these buttons are somehow tied to the power or hibernation maybe of the Laptop If anyone can help me figure out an approach to this it would be greatly appreciated at this point I m baffled and could use any suggestions you may have Laptop turns off or won't turn on Unless holding down certain keys to offer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop turns off or won't turn on Unless holding down certain keys

My first guess would be a faulty keyboard. Have a look in Device Manager and see if it has any exclamation marks next to it. Follow the route, Control Panel, System and Security, System, Device Manager. Replacing a keyboard can be cheap or dear and easy or hard depending on your make of laptop. Has it ever had a good clean out since new including vacuuming the keys to remove fluff and crumbs? If anyone has spilt some liquid on the keyboard that's another potential cause of the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-off-or-wont-turn-on-unless-holding-down-certain-keys.203409/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a Toshiba satellite P t and it s my first laptop ever and I ve had it for months I have no idea what to do but here is my problem After a few months of owning my laptop top a tiny drop of my daughters bubbles dropped onto my keyboard I didn t think anything of it because My not properly working are keys the drop was so small Next thing you know my keyboard had stopped functionally properly I don t know how to clean the keyboard nothing so I left My keys are not working properly the laptop alone for the rest of the night and it worked the next day except some keys that barely or don t work at all Now some of my keys are acting crazy Everytime I press quot o quot or quot u quot it types quot uo quot when I press quot J or quot quot it types quot J quot and when I press quot quot or quot quot it types quot quot As far as they keys that don t work they are important but I have touch screen with the touch screen keyboard I m using now I just want to use my keyboard again The keys that don t work are quot F quot -F quot my right and up arrow keys my caps lock when I use caps lock all the keys get crazy and the touch screen as well my escape button has its good days and bad the delete button and that s all I can remember and know about at this point What is wrong how do I fix it or should I just use my warranty and get a new one I have a year warranty and they claim it covers EVERYTHING for the year nbsp

A:My keys are not working properly

Personally, if the warranty covers "everything", I'd go that route so I wouldn't VOID the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-keys-are-not-working-properly.198013/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, I went through the process of cleaning my mouse while the monitor was off and I'm fairly sure I clicked something maybe I shouldn't have but after that the whole keyboard was messed up..

E shows up as ]
D shows up as ''

Esc, start, [ , n, y, I, F1-F12 keys don't register, among a few others..

Things I've tried so I don't waste anyones time.. [Windows 7]
Changed Location, Keyboard Layout (English - US) is the only language
Ctrl - Shift x1/2, Alt - Shift x1/2, and pretty much any other variant I could think of.
Plugged another keyboard in, same thing.
Plugged keyboard in another computer, works like a charm.
Restarted, plugged and unplugged. Uninstalled and tried to update driver..

Nothing worked so far, hopefully you can can make something happen.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-typing-the-wrong-keys-not-registering-others.196300/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I have a HP Laptop it?s but with newish software running vista. Its all been working fine form about a year or so. The other day some of the keys stopped working, I have not dropped it or spilled anything on it. I turned it and when I tried to go back in to it, it came up with the black BIOS screen. However as the keys were not working it would not let me select anything (i.e safe mode) it times down to open in the already highlighted section which was rum window as normal (or something like that) it then gave a blue screen and said it was doing a crash dump. After this it went back to the black BIOS screen and repeated the whole thing. Its stuck in some sort of loop. I don?t have any disks to reinstall what can I do???

A:Laptop keys stopped working and now I can use BIOS

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate hardware forum. Consider the possibility tat the keyboard may be defective and you may have to replace it. That is no problem- I just replaced mine.

Stay subscribed so you'll know when you get reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-now-i-can-use-bios.171636/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am using a samsung np-350 laptop and it has started showing a problem lately.The alt+f4 shortcut does'nt work and my fn brightness controls are replaced by alt automatically.
Please suggest a solution to my problem.Thank you.

A:Shortcut keys problem

The keyboard may need to be cleaned or replaced...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shortcut-keys-problem.192881/
Relevancy 27.52%

My ASUS EEE PC laptop keyboard has gone crazy. A few months ago I noticed that keys were getting stuck randomly, typing all Cs or colons or commas. I could usually clear this problem with the delete key and the problem would stop for a while during the session but it would eventually come back.

Then a few weeks later I notice that some of the keys would not work at all. Again this was random as some days certain keys wouldn't work and then other day they would start working again. Recently many of the keys completely stopped working.

A couple days ago eith one key either sticks or the whole keyboard won't work.

I have tried using canned air, popping keys off and cleaning them and even resetting the ribbon. I have now attached a USB keyboard and disabled the notebook keyboard and this is working but it is a bit of a hassle.

A:Keyboard keys are intermitantly stuck or not working

Perhaps I am jumping the gun on this one, but it sounds like this is a permanent hardware issue that will require either a new keyboard or mobo.

Have you tried going into device manager and completely uninstalling the drivers for the built in keyboard, then restarting?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-are-intermitantly-stuck-or-not-working.155963/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have problem with keyboard, its doing mistakes and some buttons doesn't even work.

First, after computer get wet by tea, my computer shut downed and doesn't start like a hour and a half. After that computer starts, I was top of the day until I saw that my keyboard is f***ed up.

Any tips please?

A:Laptop got wet, some keys don't work

Shut it down and dissassemble it as much as you are comfortable doing, then put it in front of a fan. A space heater on the lowest setting if you have one.

Unfortunately for you, you did about the worst thing possible after spilling a drink on it. You should not have tried to turn it back on. You should have left it off until you were reasonably sure everything was dried inside, and you should have tipped it upside down to get all the liquid possible out of it asap.

You might be able to take it mostly apart and wipe down everything with some high percentage isopropyl alcohol to clean it up some.

Alternative is to use a USB or bluetooth keyboard. But I wouldn't recommend running that system without making an attempt to clean up any residue left inside.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-got-wet-some-keys-dont-work.189181/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I am experiencing keyboard issue if some can help I would appreciate it I have problem with keys quot S quot and quot D quot as you see they are not completely dead at least so far till I toss the whole thing out of the window while I am writing this lol Sometime they get unresponsive a bit D works fine but S doesn t than the D bugs but S works than they work ok for a minute but that does not last long I test them in notepad holding them down and when I release them they continue to write a bit acting Dell keys Inspiron and up D S tho they ain t stuck I even removed them Dell Inspiron S and D keys acting up to check for dirt but its all fine looking No dirt and so random that I figure its not physical issue I kinda use that buttons a lot for games Also this problem came up after I was installing some programs - Rainmeter and some skins for it Avast Antivirus No idea if it has to do with them but I uninstalled them anyway I also uninstalled keyboard driver from device manager allowing windows to install new ones after reboot Did not help nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron S and D keys acting up

You may have to remove the keyboard and re-seat the connector into the motherboard connector

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-s-and-d-keys-acting-up.188694/
Relevancy 24.08%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

i understand how to set up dual channels with matching pairs - that is not my question. What i can't find the answer for is this:

If i have a matching pair of 512 = 1g
and a matching pair of 1g = 2g,..

Does it make a difference which pair is in which channel? Should i have 2g in channel 1 and 1g in channel 2, or would this make no difference?

thank you!!

Madilyn

A:Dual-channel RAM -- more in channel 1 or 2? Does it matter?

You can run different stick of RAM at the same time in Dual channel asynchronous, but I think they'll operate at single channel speeds.
If you decide to run in asynchronous mode, I think that it doesn't matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-ram-more-in-channel-1-or-2-does-it-matter.178524/
Relevancy 35.69%

My question is I'm getting a new G. Card, do I get (examples, I haven't made a decision.)

1. A newer Radeon 6800 series with only 512mb of mem
or 2. A Older maybe 6500-6700 series with 1-2GB of ram?

A:Graphics cards: Does MB/GB (memory) matter?

What are your system specs and budget? What kind of PSU do you have? what's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-cards-does-mb-gb-memory-matter.177784/
Relevancy 35.26%

OK! I am a noob at this!
I am running XP Pro 32-bit. I want to replace the Video Card. Nothing great or expensive...just a decent one. It for a friend (senior, that is why XP). I just got him a Dell Vostro 200 slim, added a 1TB HD and installed all drivers and XP. Please let me know 3 things:

1. Does ddr2 or ddr3 matter on the video card..is one better to run on XP
2. 64-bit or 32-bit. I assume 64 will run on 32-bit XP
3. Any suggestions on the card or where to buy (PCI Express 2.0X16)
Thanks! Ynot

A:Does it matter if you use a DDR3 or DDR2 video card?

The only thing you need to know about buying a single graphics card:

Do I have a large enough power supply for this card?
Do I have the appropriate card slot for this card?
If the card is 2 (or 3) card slots wide do I have room in my case?
What monitor cable connector will I be using?

Everything else may be important for choosing the card you want but not needed to get the card working.

1) Graphics card memory type is irrelevant as far as the operating system is concerned.
2) I'm not sure why you are asking the second question.
3) We need to know what you will be using the card for. (A slim form factor doesn't give much options)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-it-matter-if-you-use-a-ddr3-or-ddr2-video-card.177530/
Relevancy 27.95%

The keys are all over the place not in a cluster. keypad partially affected 2.

Thanks for your assistance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-half-dozen-keys-not-working.173219/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello there I hope I am posting in the right place First off the spec of my laptop AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor GHz GB RAM ATI Mobility Radeon HD I run Windows -bit The problem is that I cant seem to run games without getting lag For instance Dragon Age- the only requirement that my laptop might not meet is the processor dual core minimum however I can even top that I can make graphics the best quality or make it the worst it lags almost the same Oblivion that thing requires a Pentium yet I still get lag again the same situation where I can put the best or the worst graphics out? lag is there what, way no matter no Constant on The lag that I am talking about is not terrible for instance the games run at around or more FPS judging by the eye and every once in a while drops to around It is not much but definitely makes the playing experience much less enjoyable I do turn off all of the background programs I even use this little program game booster The hard drive is not crammed to the top I even separated the drive to a few parts for games and for Windows So yea any tips Or am i doomed to play in this ridiculous situation where no matter what Constant lag no matter what, is there no way out? graphic settings you put on you still get lag PS When games are turned on the ventilator blows out quite hot air nbsp

A:Constant lag no matter what, is there no way out?

How big is the hard drive? How big are the partitions? When you partition a hard drive, you waste a lot of space and slow down its data access. Something you never want to do with a laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-lag-no-matter-what-is-there-no-way-out.172269/
Relevancy 28.38%

hi friends

I have a problem with my shift keys

they stopped workIng suddenly one day

they appear to be stuck means my key board works as if i type all the keys by pressing shift key

not able to type numbers and special characters

onscreen keyboard also not helping me

i use samsung "P four two eight"(as i am not able to type numbers) laptop and using windows seven as os

sticky keys or toggle keys everything is off

and all other keys working properly except both the shift keys

plzzzz help me out

thanx in anticipation

A:Problem with my shift keys

To my knowledge these keys work on a grid, so if several of them go out at once you can be sure you've knocked out that section. I could be wrong, but I would suggest pulling up those keys, including the space bar, and looking for nasty bits of food and the like to carefully remove. Note: They have many brittle bits that make it difficult to deal with. These things are built so incredibly cheap, that it is often more sound to replace them entirely.

You can replace this keyboard for about 20 USD if you look hard enough and the installation is remarkably easy, all in my humble opinion.

EDIT: I'll add that when dealing with laptops, you may want to consider keeping a spare USB keyboard around, just in case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-my-shift-keys.169297/
Relevancy 26.66%

I own a HPG60 235DX laptop. some times while starting windows vista home premium. It produces a long beep............ Then starts windows. Also keys zxcm 5 are some other keys are not working. I did not use the laptop for downloading. Plz help

A:HP laptopHPG60 235DX long beep while starting up. zxcm keys not working

Sounds like a memory issue and a bad keyboard... or corrupt Windows/hard drive issue

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptophpg60-235dx-long-beep-while-starting-up-zxcm-keys-not-working.168531/
Relevancy 27.95%

This is the strangest problem some Pavillion work don't TX2500, keys HP that I have ever run into The computer is less than years old the motherboard has been replaced once already Some of the keys on the keyboard do not work The keys that do work output in all caps when the caps lock is off and output in lower case when caps lock is on This HP Pavillion TX2500, some keys don't work is what I have tried already Uninstall the keyboard and drivers in device manager Scanned for viruses and malware-Negative Tried the battery removal power cord out press power to discharge the capacitors and still no good Tried a USB keyboard and a different set of keys don t work Tried the keyboard on my HTC Thunderbolt while connected using Gmote and even less keys work Tried a system restore and a clean install of Ubuntu Same nonsense Removed the keyboard from the laptop and re-seated the connector Now my head hurts Does anyone have any ideas that I have not tried I m thinking it s the motherboard keyboard controller which means I am not replacing the motherboard in this thing again UUGGhh Thank you very much in advance nbsp

A:HP Pavillion TX2500, some keys don't work

Bought a replacement keyboard and it did not work, which I expected. The keyboard was $56 from HP. I am returning it and they are charging me $25 restocking fee! Almost 50%...

HP sucks! I think it's time for a Macbook!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-tx2500-some-keys-dont-work.167676/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi All,
I have just replaced a screen in an Acer Aspire One Happy Netbook (AOHappy) and after i restarted the machine everything appeared to be ok, i downloaded and installed some windows updates, did some moving about from folder to folder etc, everything was ok. But now my daughter tells me some of the keys are not working,seems to be all on the right hand side of the board, the dots arrows, letters and some synbols. what would be the problem here?
Would the ribbon cable have moved? Or if it were not fully home would that cause these symptoms?

I did remove the keyboard at one point while trying to figure out how to get at the screen.

Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-keyboard-keys-not-working.167030/
Relevancy 36.55%

I guess it depends matter? Does really size on who you ask Really though I do have a question about SSD and size It has been asked over and over but I have not seen any threads that really answer my question What size SSD would be the best option for Does size really matter? me I do your normal computer operation but do a lot of serious video work I have many programs Does size really matter? that I need to use for different things that I do Several different things for video large programs office programs that I have for home automation hundreds of gb of music hundreds of pictures tb of video Large programs for pictures I know I won t store any of the music pics or video on the SSD I have read many many many conflicting reports on what to do with your SSD My big question is will I get faster video rendering if the program is on the OS drive Where is the best place to put my programs On another drive or on the same partition as the OS I want what will be best for video work nbsp

A:Does size really matter?

Id use 124GB SSD to load my OS, Video Editing Programs and other main programs that you have on. Keep all the data such as music, pictures, videos on a normal HDD.

My big question is will I get faster video rendering if the program is on the OS drive?Click to expand...

You mean if the program is on the SSD with the OS? Id guess so since it will write the data faster, but I am not expert and on top of that I don't have a SSD. But also a GOOD CPU will play a good roll in that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-size-really-matter.166914/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, newbee here, i have a Dell XPS M1330 lappy and i have an issue, when i boot up it comes up with No bootable device, i then tried using the F keys but they didn't seem to respond, i then took out the hard drive and connected it to a desktop pc, it recognised it via the usb then when i went into My Computer to locate it, it wasn't there, i checked the safley remove bit and it was there but wasn't assigned a drive like, D, or G etc.........can anyone assist please?

A:No bootable device - F keys not working

The hard drive probably failed and you will have to replace it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-device-f-keys-not-working.160355/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a 6.9" x 6.9" dimension motherboard and i wanted to know if i could replace it with a 6.7" x 6.7" dimension motherboard?

A:Does dimension difference matter?

As long as your case supports the motherboard spec (ATX, mATX, etc) you'll be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-dimension-difference-matter.159596/
Relevancy 27.09%

My son s keyboard keys were broken before but was fixed for free because Toshiba Where underneath keys parts plastic keyboard to order it was still under warranty but it Where to order Toshiba plastic parts underneath keyboard keys took the manufacturer to do it like a couple of weeks which my son hated Now another key is broken where the nylon plasctic spring-like mechanism is missing Just wondering where we can buy it The first time it broke I called the manufacturer and ask for those parts only to find out that what they are sending me are the complete qwerty keys themselves not the parts underneath them Since it was still under warranty I decided to send them the laptop and have it fixed I know I can fix it myself if I have the parts without having my son computer hungry for a couple of weeks any suggestion as to where I can get those plastic part sunderneath the keyboard keys aside from the manufacturer they must be sort of generic or universal aren t they nbsp

A:Where to order Toshiba plastic parts underneath keyboard keys

It is normal to replace the whole keyboard when something like this happens. Laptop keyboards are around $25 on EBay. Why are these keys being damaged in the first place? Have you thought about attaching a stronger USB external keyboard temporarily?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-order-toshiba-plastic-parts-underneath-keyboard-keys.159002/
Relevancy 27.52%

hello again
i need a little advice
i changed the keys on the keypad and now touch pad doesn't work at all
tried old one and it doesn't work either
made sure ribbon cables where connected and the pull tab up
am i missing something?
not the first time this has happened on a 1525
thanks
any help would be much appreciated

A:Trackpad not working on Dell 1525 after changing the keys

Are you refering to the tab (that swings up to release) on the connector the ribbon sits in?

If so, the tab needs to be up in order for the ribbon cable to be inserted fully, and its then pushed down so its flush with the ribbon.

I've also renamed the title of your thread to something more suitable, as this will help you get better assistance from others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trackpad-not-working-on-dell-1525-after-changing-the-keys.156930/
Relevancy 28.38%

The keyboard on my Dell 1501, will not the letters I,O,P when I press them. My laptop is older, just three years, and has had moderate use, mainly my husband looking for information. It has the Vista program, I know, but it has worked basically fine for the little use it gets. Nothing has been spilled on it, could they be worn out/

Is there anyway to take the keyboard cover off without damaging it and look to see if there is some type of debris blocking the connection?

A:3 keys won't type on keyboard

Inspiron 1501 laptop from Dell seems straight forward for removing keyboard to check for debris. Check it out at:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/sm_en/keyboard.htm#wp1111863
Read directions carefully as laptops are quite delicate.

good Luck
Failing that, a new one shouldn't be too expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-keys-wont-type-on-keyboard.153417/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I am hoping someone could help me with this issue I am not sure if I am posting in the right section of the forum so forgive me if i am not I am using a compaq laptop with windows for an OS The G H and backspace keys decided to stop working For some reason the only way to get any of those buttons to work is if you put on CAPS lock and lock hold keyboard Certain press you and shift? unless caps working not keys hold shift Then you can use Certain keyboard keys not working unless you press caps lock and hold shift? those keys Im not sure if any other keys have been affected as of yet Ive tried to google for a solution which normally helps me fix any computer issues I come accross So far I can only find the reccomendation to hold the function button and press numlock and its supposed to remove the quot sticky keys quot I am not quite sure what exactly the sticky keys are but I didnt think it was the problem here and the laptop doesnt seem to have a function button anyways I have seen the option to turn on sticky keys when holding shift on other computers or tapping shift times Certain keyboard keys not working unless you press caps lock and hold shift? I dont know if it was turned on or if sticky keys cause certain keys to not work unless you hold shift while CAPS lock is on but if this sounds like something you can help with please advise me of any suggestions I Certain keyboard keys not working unless you press caps lock and hold shift? appreciate any time you take to help or even if youve read this far Thank you nbsp

A:Certain keyboard keys not working unless you press caps lock and hold shift?

First thing you do is get a canned air and clean out the keyboard... slowly, carefully, then do it again with the laptop upside down. That rules out the most common cause... dirt, dust, and debris.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/certain-keyboard-keys-not-working-unless-you-press-caps-lock-and-hold-shift.149423/
Relevancy 27.95%

when typing sometimes when i press a key it wont type. ive plugged in 2 different keyboards and the same thing still happens. at first i thought it was just terrible user error, but ive watchd myself type the keys and noticed that my key press wasnt registering. i noticed that it helps a lil to type slowly. (again its not just user error lol). i only have these typos when typing online.

i updated Acrobat reader, Java, and upgraded to ie9 platform. im still having a lil trouble with it, although it does seem to have improved a bit. i checked for updated drivers and i couldnt find anything.

need help troubleshooting this

thx

A:Random keys not typing when pressed

Sometimes, a thorough cleaning of socket and boards with a can of Dust Off or other treated canned air can resolve the problem...
Try a very simple keyboard from any source that you know is working well... Keep a record of the keys that work improperly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-keys-not-typing-when-pressed.147144/
Relevancy 28.38%

Morning all
I have somehow altered the setting on my laptop keyboard so that when I am typing, my laptop uses the numeric instead of the alpha. (the keyboard has shared alpha / numeric keys that so that the numerics are accessed when you hold down the Fumction key). However, the numerics have become the primary function instead. How do I change this back so that the alpha keys remain the primary function ? Thanks - Its driving me mad !

A:Laptop function keys

There should be a fn lock on your keyboard somewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-function-keys.147935/
Relevancy 24.08%

hey i really need help here.. i have this toshiba dynabook portege series 2001, im changing my OS but when i setup bios to change the booting priority i cant save it because i cant find the end key to save the changes.i tried to hit all the keys but nothing will save the changes.

pls help me this out...

A:Toshiba Dynabook "end keys" function

instead of changing boot order in bios. when it boots up and u see toshiba screen press "pause/break" button then find the option. i forget what its called. but it asks u what u wanna boot first. i also i have toshiba

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-dynabook-end-keys-function.141461/
Relevancy 28.38%

my shift key appears to have bound itself to the ctrl key. how do i fix this.

A:Unbound keys on keyboard

Get another keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unbound-keys-on-keyboard.147285/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello to all,
I have been scouring the internet looking for answers to this. Maybe someone else out there can help. I have 13 VGN-BX760 laptops. I have started upgrading them from XP to Win 7 x64. Evrything works fine except for the Shift keys! Neither of them work at all. (actually, the first one worked fine for about 3 months) I have tried new keyboards, nope. I have tried all of the filters and sticky keys tricks, nope. I have called Sony and they say there is no known issue. I find that hard to beleive since it has already happened to 2 of them. Shift keys work perfectly on an external keyboard, so I know it's not the OS.

Ideas?

A:Vaio VGN-BX760 shift keys dead

Have you tried reseating the ribbon cable from the keyboard to the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vaio-vgn-bx760-shift-keys-dead.145676/
Relevancy 28.38%

Just a few days ago, both my Ctrl keys seem to have suddenly stopped working for some reason. It's proving to be quite the hassle for as a digital artist, I use a lot of shortcut keys, majority of which consist of the Ctrl key.

A couple of days before the Ctrl keys stopped working, the A key stopped working. I didn't seem to be the keyboard so I tried restarting my computer and it started working again. Restarting my computer doesn't unfortunately help my Ctrl keys.

Any help I could recieve would be most appreciated.

A:Ctrl Keys Not Working

So another keyboard does the same thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ctrl-keys-not-working.145146/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Dell laptop at work, I'll have to look up the specific model, that runs on vista home premium. Yesterday, the "i", "j", "k", "m", and space bar stopped working. Any thoughts on what may be wrong or how to fix it??
Thanks!

A:Dell laptop with keys that don't work

hi,
i think its just problem in function[Fn] keys.
are you check it using press Fn+num lock key.?
try it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-with-keys-that-dont-work.144393/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a g15 keyboard, older style (blue LED and flip up screen), that many of the keys are stuck. Awhile back, I took all the keys off to clean the entire keyboard. After cleaning I put all the keys back on with not much hassle. Ever since then, I notice that many of the G-keys on the left are stuck.( really hard to press down and will not come up after pressing) Is there a way to fix this so it will work better? I checked the keys and there is nothing in the way. The keys are also in the right position. Should I apply a little amount of light oil to help it? What do you recommend?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/g15-keyboard-keys-stuck-any-suggestions.143398/
Relevancy 39.13%

last night was doing some video editing when bam screen goes black Rebooted ok keyboard on video cant lightcan see POST, No monitor, sounds input toggle HDD - i can hear the HDD working but No video input on monitor, cant see POST, HDD sounds ok keyboard lightcan toggle on my monitor it says quot No Video Input quot - after a while i hear the windows chime turn on my keyboard caps lock can be toggled but no display - so i assume it was able to post and load windows but just no display - rebooting did not work same as above i ve reseated ram components tried video card on another pc - worked - tried monitor with another pc - worked moved video card to another slot - same problem disconnected all power except for boot drive video and normal motherboard connectors reset cmos remove battery same effect- i know it is booting ram test with mobo elicits the right number of beeps scoured the web for answers it turns out this seems to be a common problem but no common solution - only thing i haven t tried is replacing ram so posting it here No video input on monitor, cant see POST, HDD sounds ok keyboard lightcan toggle in case some of ya might have an idea or two to check out my system core i - GB RAM ATI Win home premium w ps nbsp

A:No video input on monitor, cant see POST, HDD sounds ok keyboard lightcan toggle

I'd say the power supply may have failed such that it no longer provides enough power to the graphics card even though it can supply some power to other parts of the PC. A 450W or greater PSU is recommended for the Radeon HD 4850.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-input-on-monitor-cant-see-post-hdd-sounds-ok-keyboard-lightcan-toggle.142111/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey! If my computer has DDR2 RAM in it, does it matter what kind of memory is on the gaming video card?? Should it be DDR2 as well, or can it be DDR3? I just wanted to make sure.

A:Does this matter?

The memory type on the graphics card is independent of the memory type in RAM. It can be DDR3 even if you have DDR2 RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-this-matter.141480/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey guys Damn Only I know how am I writing this post It s so damn frustrating Ok well here goes I was using a ps keyboard for a while now But suddenly certain keys stopped working I restarted uninstalled the keyboard but to no avail I had a brand new usb keyboard lying with me so I thought it s finally time to use it But the same problem persisted though this time a different combination of keys not working I tried both the keyboard on a friend s PC and they both work like charm Now I thought Keyboard not working keys may be I should try windows repair but I realized that the keyboard keys aren t even functioning in BIOS It s really irritating I am having a feeling that this problem is mobo related hence posting Keyboard keys not working in this section I am currently using both keyboards to write this Keyboard keys not working post but yet there are few keys which aren t working on both so I actually have to copy paste em from character map This whole thing is ridiculously painful So please help Looking forward Thanks in advance I am using XP bit and XP pro dual boot Problem shows on both My mobo Abit Ip pro nbsp

A:Keyboard keys not working

Is this a USB or PS2 type keyboard? Is your computer free from a virus or other malware infection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-not-working.132055/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CR Since last evening I m facing a problem with the four arrow keys They type Keyboard junk keys arrow type characters - problem strange characters The up key ends up tying quot oig quot The down key ends up typing a backslash RIght key types quot LJH quot and left key types quot mn quot This is happening in all the applications - office notepad browser etc It s the same characters every time not some random characters For example if I turn the Num Lock on the quot oig quot becomes quot g quot All other keys are working absolutely fine Only these four keys are an issue These also work fine for - mins in between suddenly and then go back to their erratic but predictable ways I tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling cleaning the keyboard the keys are absolutely in shape visually As a heavy user of Office I am finding it impossible to handle this even for a day Please help with a solution suggestion nbsp

A:Keyboard problem - arrow keys type junk characters

In our experience with the Vaio keyboards, you have reached the time when a replacment NEW keyboard is the best option.
Sometimes, turning the keyboard upside down and giving it a thorough cleaning with difluoroethane gas such as Dust Off (a lot of it) will take care of it... but not often.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problem-arrow-keys-type-junk-characters.135662/
Relevancy 27.52%

My next door neighbour just gave me his laptop to have a look at, an HP Pavillion DV6000, which his baby has managed to 're-adjust'
Apparently his baby was bashing away on the keyboard and now when it is switched on all keyboard lights come on, the laptop makes 3 very loud and intrusive beeps (beeeeep....beep.beep) and the screen is completely dead, no flickers, no nothing.

Any idea what the problem could be and how to resolve it?

A:HP Laptop screen dead after child hammered keys

Have you tried opening it to see if any of the connections are loose?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-screen-dead-after-child-hammered-keys.134766/
Relevancy 28.38%

Well my wife deactivated the shift keys somehow on her HP Dv6700 with Vista

I have checked the sticky keys and it is UNCHECKED.

I did the on screen keyboard check and the shift keys are registering as working.

Pressed the shift key 5 times...nothing

I have scoured the web looking for an answer to this but no answer other than what I have already tried.

Any suggestions...?

A:Shift Keys not working

Have you tried using an external keyboard to test?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shift-keys-not-working.130186/
Relevancy 27.52%

I woke up this morning and some of the keys on my keyboard have stopped working Im nearly sure it isnt a faulty keyboard but rather a virus or something randomly Keyboard keys working stopped that is remapping my keyboard The keyboard has been working fine up until today when the f y m and keys stopped working all at once Nothing spilled Keyboard keys randomly stopped working on the keyboard nothing like that Ive tried a system restore but it didnt solve anything I tried to do some research on my own but didnt find much one guy had the same problem but I didnt see any concrete fixes One thing that makes me think its a remapping problem Keyboard keys randomly stopped working is that when i hold down the f m y and keys and hit x the return is quot eqx quot Holding different combos of the keys that arent working yields different results but results nonetheless and since theres some sort of return when i hit the keys i assume they still work but something on the computer happened The other person who had this issue that I found gave me the idea of holding down the keys and hitting x since he did it and had the same results Is there a known virus that I Keyboard keys randomly stopped working may have Any way to restore the key set map to factory defaults Anyone have any idea whats going on here Thanks nbsp

A:Keyboard keys randomly stopped working

So have you verified that you have no virus or other malware infections? Download and run free Malwarebytes, and see if it flags some malware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-randomly-stopped-working.125353/
Relevancy 28.38%

Is there a way to set the keyboard up so that when I hit the [3] key above the qwerty keyboard it automatically types a [#] instead of the [3]? I prefer to use the numeric keypad on the right side of my keyboard for typing numbers and would rather avoid having to hold down the SHIFT key to type the symbols.

A:How can I use symbols only on number keys?

press the function lock button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-use-symbols-only-on-number-keys.124674/
Relevancy 27.52%

the right hand side keys dont work including backspace which just broke somehow and works when the cover thingi is removed. all other keys such as enter delete home page up page down the arrow keys etc do not work. this happend all of a sudden please help!

A:HP Imprint laptop right hand keys don't work

Have the keyboard replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-imprint-laptop-right-hand-keys-dont-work.120901/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi Maybe someone could help me I am looking to go sli and am hoping to buy the same card to the one I have see my spec but I dont seem to if for card different matter get I SLI? Does it a be able to find a new one anywhere I like the card I have its a strong OC quite high out of the box in my opinion Does it matter if I get a different card for SLI? I can only find used ones and would to prefer to buy new I have been thinking of buying a gt as its basically the same card as far as I can tell Would the performance be a massive amount difference as its not the same model I know this card uses the same chip but every frame extra is going to Does it matter if I get a different card for SLI? help Would I get the same performance if the second card isn t identicial but say a slightly better model like the gtx Also does it matter as much if I change to a different brand I am currently using XFX Thanks nbsp

A:Does it matter if I get a different card for SLI?

I don't think it would matter too much... as long as you stay close to the video card specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-it-matter-if-i-get-a-different-card-for-sli.120383/
Relevancy 28.38%

It is rather hard to type seeing that I have to copy and paste all E's, 3's, D's, anD, C's from plaCEs on my ComputEr. ThEsE kEys on my kEyboarD Don't work... Any hElp?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-went-out-on-me.118433/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm using the "On screen keyboard" to write this.

The letters e, d, c, t and b aren't typing. I cleaned it out and it's 100% clean. I reinstalled the disk that it came with and tried moving the receiver around. I changed the batteries and that doesn't help either. It's a keyboard from Dynex and it came with a wireless mouse but I threw it away but that's not what is causing this problem. The keyboard has been like this 2 months after I got it.

A:Some keys on keyboard won't work

If you already threw the mouse away... Is it time to try another keyboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-keys-on-keyboard-wont-work.116781/
Relevancy 28.38%

The title says it all. I just recently got this problem. I have switched between 3 different keyboards (2 wired, 1 wireless) and none of them repeat when I hold down a key. I have set the repeat rate to high in control panel and the delay to the lowest. When I plug in the keyboard to a different computer they repeat just fine. It must be a problem with my computer; hope its not malware. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

A:Keyboard keys don't repeat

LipsOfVenom said:

The title says it all. I just recently got this problem. I have switched between 3 different keyboards (2 wired, 1 wireless) and none of them repeat when I hold down a key. I have set the repeat rate to high in control panel and the delay to the lowest. When I plug in the keyboard to a different computer they repeat just fine. It must be a problem with my computer; hope its not malware. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-dont-repeat.57117/
Relevancy 35.26%

Do Audio Video Cables Quality matter much?

for example with Coax i know the gold connectors worked better then silver connectors. So my question is do the cables red yellow and white connectors have high and low quality cables or they all the same. If they have high quality cables what are the names of them and where can i find them.

A:Do Audio Video Cables quality matter much?

Red,White audio RCA are much the same.
It's haveing and useing a SVHS video cable instead of Yellow RCA.
If your TV has it for VCR's etc.that have it out.
But it also depends where you are.This is a N American reply,not GB.
Add your location to your Profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-audio-video-cables-quality-matter-much.104072/
Relevancy 28.38%

Title pretty much says it all.

its only a few keys as far as I know.

To get @ I have to press " and vice versa

To get # I have to press the pound Icon which I cant even find.

Anyone have any idea how I can configure the keyboard to the right keys?

It's a microsoft rt 2300

Thanks.

A:Misconfigured Keys on Keyboard

http://www.conversationexchange.com/resources/keyboard-language.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/misconfigured-keys-on-keyboard.99774/
Relevancy 36.12%

As you can see from my post just below this one my computer is fried. My roomate has a Intel computer and I was wondering if i can take the RAM from my AMD system and put it into his computer. Or if this will cause a conflict with hardware.

A:Does Intel or AMD matter when installing RAM

No there is really no such thing as Intel ram and AMD ram. It depends on if the two computers use the same memory type. A new computer uses DDR2 while an older computer would use DDR1 and an even older computer would use SDRAM. A good ram dimm would probably be interchangeable between a new Intel computer and a new AMD computer. A computer's motherboard must be able to accommodate the ram's type, speed and voltage specifications to be able to work in that motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-intel-or-amd-matter-when-installing-ram.97154/
Relevancy 28.38%

Keys t,u,p,j,1 and 3 only work 10% of the time.

Do I need to download a driver??

A:Some Keyboard keys won't always work!

Are you using a wireless keyboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-keyboard-keys-wont-always-work.93750/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there.

Im using a saitek eclipse 2 keyboard and recently ive noticed that the following keys are no longer functioning: f8, f9, f10, f11, f12 and the print screen key. all other keys work fine as you can probably tell. i have no idea why this is happening. there are no drivers to install even on the saitek website because its a plug and play keyboard. This is really frustrating because i use those keys quite often in games.
My specs are:
Core 2 duo e6400
2gb ddr2 667
8600gt
Tagan 530w psu

Please help!

A:Various keys on the keyboard not working

try another keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/various-keys-on-the-keyboard-not-working.89864/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Toshiba M45-S351 and the following keys do not work-

All F keys except F1
All vowels
lower keys

I tried to run the recovery disk for Windoes XP and I couldn't choose what to do because I can't type 1&2. Now when I reboot, it tries to boot off the disk and says "media failure: check cable". I took the keyboard out, unplugged the cable and put it back and I still can't use the above keys. I updated the driver to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Goofyfan

A:Keyboard vowels & other keys don't work

Sounds like you need to take your laptop to a professional.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-vowels-other-keys-dont-work.89580/
Relevancy 35.26%

I ran across a window that (to me) look like an over-clocking slide for my graphics card so I increased by one notch. Ever since then I have had the problem of my PC just rebooting when it feels like it, it seems to me. I have never been able to find that same window again. My Graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000, bios version 4.18.20.42.61. HELLLLP!!

A:My pc intermitantley reboots, load doesn't seem to matter.

it sounds like the card is getting too hot so it restarts the pc. turn the overclocking settings back to how they were and it should be ok if you really want to overclock then get an aftermarket cooler e.g. a zalman heatsink, if they still make ones that fit your card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-intermitantley-reboots-load-doesnt-seem-to-matter.86281/
Relevancy 28.38%

I purchased a toshiba A200 10Z laptop 5 days back.

I just noticed that the key '@' and the key ' " ' are misplaced.

Why is it like that?? Please can anyone tell if this is to be returned?? Or can this be rectified by myself (using some function key)?

Please someone help me..

A:Laptop keys are wrong

sorry dollydev but i believe the best is you create a new thread yourself and title it toshiba A200 problem or etc..

http://www.techspot.com/vb/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=35

maybe your keyboard language settings are wrong
open a new thread soon and more help will come !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-are-wrong.86163/
Relevancy 35.26%

i believe my mobo only accepts single channel memory, i tried to upgrade my system with dual channel, and it reboots constantly. please advice!!!!!

A:single or dual channel memory does it matter?

There is no such thing.....

The memory DIMMs are neither single or dual channel, it's the motherboard that determines how the RAM is accessed. Did you match exactly the specifications of the original RAM when you upgraded?
Please follow this link to Tedster's guide for upgrading RAM: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic47210.html

When RAM is sold as "dual channel" it simply means that there are two DIMMS (each with half the amount of the upgrade value), one for each channel of a dual channel motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-or-dual-channel-memory-does-it-matter.83917/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

Thanks for the help in advance. I am not sure what I should do. I have a Toshiba laptop and have owned it for about a year now. In the last two days, the "7" key and the "home" key have been typing on their own. It seems to get worse (the keys type more frequently) the longer the computer is running. I scanned for viruses but didn't find anything.

Anybody have an idea?

A:Help. Keys automatically typing

Have you checked for spyware? I recommend using the following 3 anti-spyware utilities:

Ad-Aware 2007
Spybot Search & Destroy
AVG Anti-Spyware

All are free and can be downloaded over the Internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-keys-automatically-typing.82452/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi i m having a problem with my toshiba laptop keyboard about a week ago i noticed i was no longer able to use the control key to copy and paste but i rarely use that key for anything else so i didn t think much of it except that i must ve accidently changed some command now my shift key isn t working--as you can tell from the lack of capitalization in this i think this is a different problem than what was addressed in earlier keys cntrl aren't help satellite workin shift, keyboard with laptop problems; toshiba posts about shift key problems in toshiba laptops in my case the shift key worked only sporadically currently it s not working at all first the right one stopped working now the left one isn t working either there doesn t seem to be any pattern to when they do don t work so it seems unlikely that these keys suddenly got stuck or something i m checking for viruses now does anyone have any other ideas now it s working that s so strange and annoying Thanks help with toshiba satellite laptop keyboard problems; shift, cntrl keys aren't workin Laurel nbsp

A:help with toshiba satellite laptop keyboard problems; shift, cntrl keys aren't workin

Laptop keyboards don't last forever. It may be time for a replacement

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-toshiba-satellite-laptop-keyboard-problems-shift-cntrl-keys-arent-workin.81634/
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm at my wits end - it didn't take long!

Fixing up an old Intel 845EPT2 for a neighbor. I did a Reinstall of XP, installed all Drivers straight off the Intel Website, and no matter what, there's no Audio.

"No Device Installed" even though the Soundmax appears in System / Devices.

I have double checked Audio is enabled in the BIOS.

I even threw in an old Soundblaster Live!, turned off Audio in the BIOS, installed Drivers and it did the same thing.

I'm running an SFC / SCANNOW .

The weird thing is that it had Audio before {along with a million viruses, which is why I re-installed}

Any ideas, except a litre of Petrol and a Lighter?

A:Can't get Audio no matter what

uninstall all your drivers in device manager, go to your C drive and program files, make sure all files related to the drivers, software is deleted, also, do a add remove any software that may use those same sound drivers that you previously uninstalled. turn off machine, take your card out, if you're using onboard, disable in bios, start up, let windows load, if its a sound card installed in a pci slot a "new hardware" window should pop up, install drivers through that dialog box. If its an onboard sound device just simple restart after windows has started up and recognized no sound devices or drivers installed, go back to bios, enable sound, start up, reinstall drivers and software....I hope this helps as I just had this problem last night and had to figure out how to fix it, GL

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-audio-no-matter-what.80215/
Relevancy 36.12%

heyy i run a preaty old computer its like a 3ghs intell agp =( lol i recently bought a 7600 gs agp vdieo card for it and its on its way the question i have is will the crappy motheboard and old processor slow the performnce of my video card much and also will it matter that te motherboard was currently running a onboard videocard what is a heapa it has room for the new card but will that bottleneck its performance?? i also bought another 512 stick of ddr ram for it what will mean i will have 1 gig of ram?? hopefully it will work allright

A:will this matter my new grafics card?

There is nothing wrong with a 3 Ghz processor nor with AGP. It would help tho if you posted some specs on your present system beyond that and described the specs for the new ram.

You can get a lot of that info from System Information and/or use Everest Home ( http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181 ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-matter-my-new-grafics-card.75093/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi I have matter no loud CPU what Fan a custom computer I built and I m having real problems with how loud it had gotten Recently my friend gave me his old processor P GHz with HT and its running CPU Fan loud no matter what on my new mother board ASUS P CPU Fan loud no matter what NSLI and it has been running so loud that it keeps me up I have to open my window to let in degree air to slow the fan down There was one fan already in the case that was sucking air out on the panel side and i recently purchased another one to put in the back near the cpu to blow air in and it made about Zero difference and its putting a good amount of air in My heat sink is just a intel that came with the CPU The fan speeds run as follows at rpm when the CPU is C This is relatively quiet but still can easily tell that the computer is running but this is with the window open haha once i close the window the temp is still at C but it will run at rmp- rmp which is enough to wake me up note these temps are mostly unaffected by cpu usage when i run transcode for my converts an avi file into wmv as fast possible to play through media center If the window is open no sound and the cpu is under rather a heavy load but in the same respect if the window is closed and I m not even using my computer its like a highway in my room The Computer itself isn t in a confined area either it is out in the open in a place where air circulates easily So my though that was maybe i need to mess with the settings in BIOS since i have never really touched them in new computer Any suggestions on what to do whether it is through the BIOS or just how I placed the fans in the case thankyou nbsp

A:CPU Fan loud no matter what

You may be able to change the thresholds for temperature in the bios on whether it kicks the fan into high speed or not.

I'd also suggest taking that fan you put in the back of the case and reverse it so it blows air out, thats traditionally how its done, and makes more sense with the air dynamics inside a case. Fans on the side panels or the front typically blow air into the case, so I'd suggest doing that as well.

You can pull the heatsink off the processor (with the comp shut down of course) and clean it off with 99% Isopropyl alcohol and reapply some thermal paste. Artic Silver seems to be the consensus for doing that, but you can also get away with the thermal paste Radio Shack sells if you must.

A final thing you could do is get an aftermarket heatsink and fan that will run quieter and cool better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-loud-no-matter-what.68498/
Relevancy 27.95%

My keys seemed to be pressing themselves. What I thought at first was a virus, is actually just a highly sensitive area of my keyboard. The topleft area of my keyboard, I don't think it's just one key, are too sensitive. With just my hand resting on the case near them, they act as they were pressed, and sometimes they hold themselves down until I move my hand to that area again. This happens with the ESC key mainly. But actually pressing the ESC key does nothing now. This area is generally where I rest my hand while gaming. Any suggestions/fixes?

A:Highly Sensitive Laptop Keys

What kind of laptop is this? Still under warranty? I had a Toshiba that done something very similiar to that. Had to have keyboard replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/highly-sensitive-laptop-keys.67790/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

My Thermaltake multimedia keyboard, model number WK9200 shortcut keys are no longer working. The software that came with the keyboard on purchase doesn't work properly each time I install it. After installing the keyboard software, I am prompted to restart the computer, however once the computer has loaded the Windows 2000 desktop, I receive the following error message:

Netropa Hot Key: MMKeybd.exe ? Application Error

The instruction at ?0x77fcaea0? referenced memory at ?0x00110000?. The memory could not be ?written?.

Each time I try to reinstall the keyboard software the above message still keeps appearing on start up and the shortcut keyboard functions do not work.

Hope someone can help.

Ammo

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netropa-wk9200-shortcut-keys-not-working.63851/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,
its all started when onw day i opend my PC, after 5 min freezes.
In the first place i thought it was somethign wrong with a softaware...so i started to unistall all programs i have one by one to see the performance...nothing happend.
I have even changed RAM..nothing happend.SO finally thought that maybe it was the HDD.

So i bought a new one (Maxtor 40GB) and now when i am trying to install windows 2000 it freezes again in the installation part (you know the blue screen)!!!
What else can be wrong???

thanks for any help.

P4,256RAM,2.4Ghz.

A:Pc freezes no matter what i do

sounds like mine, removed everything still happened, BIOS was the problem - it changed some of the settings itself. look at ram spped in bios - mine was set to wrong speed. maybe this will solve your problem, it fixed mine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-no-matter-what-i-do.56495/
Relevancy 28.38%

I recently bought a Compaq Presario R3000Z notebook. When I'm playing a game, the keys have a tendancy to stick. The physical keys on the keyboard do not stick down, but if I'm strafing in the game, I will continue to do so even though I am not pressing any keys.

On a side note, I bought a ps/2 to USB adaptor, and plugged my PS/2 keyboard into the notebook and the same thing happened. The same keyboard works perfect when plugged into the PS/2 port on my other desktop computer.

I did a search on the internet and only found one person with the same problem, but there was no help offered.

Does anyone else have this problem with the keys sticking? Is there a cause other than dirt/dust?

Thanks,
Totoro

A:keys stick on laptop

Have you taken a look in the BIOS of the notebook?

There could be a setting which allows you to set how fast the key will repeat when pressed, and for how long a key will be registered as "pressed". If you have the latter setting, try reducing it to see if that solves the problem... (And check to see if there are any similar settings which might help)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keys-stick-on-laptop.15371/
Relevancy 36.12%

My computer matter to? HD it software really my download I which Does came with one hard drive but I added a second drive because the primary is nearly full I use the second HD for my videos for the most part My Does it really matter which HD I download my software to? operating system Windows XP Hom Edition and and everything else is on the original primary C drive Today I downloaded an updated driver for my graphics card Instead of downloading it to Does it really matter which HD I download my software to? my C drive I quot saved quot it to my large slave jumper is set to CS per WD drive I have not attempted to install this updated driver yet because I started thinking maybe I should have downloaded it to my primary C drive I began to wonder if the driver will install properly from drive F or if the hardware graphics card will operate properly if the Does it really matter which HD I download my software to? updated driver is installed this way Does it really matter which hard drive quot updates quot or other quot software quot are downloaded to before they re installed I don t understand the relationship between two different hard drives the hardware in this case the graphics card and the software updated driver in this case Could someone explain how the software gets installed in the hardware Or does it really get installed on the hardware As you can see I m a novice and need your help to learn this process When I install the updated driver will the install work just good as if it had been downloaded to the C drive Your guidance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Does it really matter which HD I download my software to?

If is a regular device driver download then you will be fine. I download all my drivers to a specific folder on a seperate drive all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-it-really-matter-which-hd-i-download-my-software-to.51218/
Relevancy 28.38%

OK, this question is about as odd as they come.

A friend of mine from Austria has given his son a notebook with a german keyboard. Not a serious problem, but all keys are in the wrong place, and shift characters on the wrong keys (from a uk perspective). Is it actually possible to buy the actual keys for a notebook keyboard to rearrange them? lol

A:keyboard keys - odd question!

You can buy sticker sets for all kinds of keyboard layouts. They come in black or white and contain all the punctuation/accented stuff that may be in the wrong place.

You may have to swap the y and z keys physically though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-odd-question.46930/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all,

Please bear with me, as I'm very much a newbie. I'm looking at the following two GeForce 6600GT AGP video cards:

GIGABYTE GV-N66T128VP Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 VIVO AGP 4X/8X Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125179

eVGA 128-A8-N350 Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130220

Is brand a considerable factor to consider? Is the difference in performance truly worth $45? (I actually found the Gigabyte card at zipzoomfly.com for $10 less, but that's still a notable gap in price.) I noticed a Sapphire Radeon x800GT 256MB card on newegg for only a few dollars more, so is that perhaps the best course?

I would greatly appreciate any insight into the differences. Thank you very much for your time and patience.

A:Does brand difference matter with GeForce 6600GT cards?

the gigabyte u listed from newegg has passive cooling thats why its more expensive. I havent had any experience with Gigabyte. but i have with eVGA and i can say they r a good brand. give u the chance to upgrade ur card too while paying only the difference.

what u should look for are warranties and google aroudn to see how well the manufactures handle their customers. I believe eVGA now gives their video cards lifetime warranty and they have good tech supoprt and customer service according to experience.

however be warned, their video cards are pretty loud (especially the 6600GT)
If ur planning to up the stock cooling, then its no matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-brand-difference-matter-with-geforce-6600gt-cards.40061/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Medion MD A P with onboard sound AC the other day I noticed a hot electrical type smell coming from my computer while it was on and it was still running fine but the fan on my power supply wasn t running so I immediately turned it off and went out and bought a new power supply a w After I re-hooked recognized?? what no sound Onboard 97) I matter do? (AC not everything back up it had alot of problems during boot up and I re-installed windows and then realized I only had to update the bios as it showed an error on Onboard (AC 97) sound not recognized?? no matter what I do? it it in the device manager so after I had to reinstall all the updates and service packs and BIOS all is well except my AC onboard soundcard doesn t show up in the device manager and no matter how many times I try to install the drivers it doesn Onboard (AC 97) sound not recognized?? no matter what I do? t show up anywhere error from winamp is directsound output Bad directsound driver V errorcode it s not detected in direct x as i updated to newest version either A did I overlook plugging power back up to it after I Onboard (AC 97) sound not recognized?? no matter what I do? installed my new power supply I couldn t remember if I had to unplug power from it B did I fry my sound chip how do i find out C can I install another soundcard if the onboard is bad any help is greatly apreciated Oh and it s not virus related as I m protedted and nothing has been detected Thanks nbsp

A:Onboard (AC 97) sound not recognized?? no matter what I do?

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

oneno said:

A: did I overlook plugging power back up to it after I installed my new power supply? I couldn't remember if I had to unplug power from itClick to expand...

No onboard sound doesn't require separate power

oneno said:

B:did I fry my sound chip? how do i find out?Click to expand...

Not likely, if everything else is working

oneno said:

C:can I install another soundcard if the onboard is bad??Click to expand...

Yes, in fact your system will run a little better taking some of the load off the cpuClick to expand...

Please read this thread and post back..
Most likely the sound is disabled in the bios.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-ac-97-sound-not-recognized-no-matter-what-i-do.32862/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, I'm new here. Thanks for your great site!

I think the specs are close to accurate:
I'm running XP Pro, P4 approx 1.8 ghz processor, 256 mb Ram

Anyway, when I type certain letters in my word processor (or any other program) they work fine, but other letters do some crazy things. Example, pressing 'm' will close the current window.

I recently formatted my hard drive and reinstalled XP and it STILL does this.

I also verified I am using the correct keyboard under Regional Settings (English: United States).

Any suggestions? I am desperate. Thanks.

A:Certain keys on keyboard cause unwanted actions. Please help.

Welcome to Techspot!
You don't mention if the Kb is Branded eg; IntelliType , these often have specialized software where you can change the keys functions. Check in Control Panel.
BTW if that is a Portable , they definitely have Kb setup software.
Let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/certain-keys-on-keyboard-cause-unwanted-actions-please-help.32043/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hardware = Toshiba Satellite Pro A6 Laptop (Toshiba:Link)

The mouse keys and touchpad have stopped functioning, the laptop recently was sent back to toshiba because the mobo needed replacing however they didnt fix the Touchpad/Keys should I send it back again or replace the touchpad with one from ebay eg (a samsung)

Any other suggestions will be greatfully received.

thanks ed301

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-sat-pro-laptop-touch-pad-and-mouse-keys-stopped-working.31445/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Emachine T 3256 and the keyboard. The keyboard has 3 keys on the left cut,copy,and paste the keys use to work fine then yesterday the keys stopped working any idea how to fix it or what happened?Thx in advance for the help

A:Keyboard keys not working on Emachine

Try X/C/V and the ctrl-key on the left or right side of the keyboard.
You may need to reinstall special keyboard drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-not-working-on-emachine.21421/
Relevancy 36.12%

I was reading in a Pc Gamer mag. and one of thier suggestions (for better gaming performance) was to turn the Grafic apature size to 1/2 your video card ram meaning, if you have lets say a 256mb card to set the apature size to 128mb in the bios? They didn't give a reason for this, can anyone tell me why I would want to do this? And would it make that big of diffrence? My first impression was that it had something to do with Virtual memory tapping, but i'm a *****...LOL can someone please enlighten me?? Oh I know there was alot of discussion on hyperthreading but would I be smart to turn it off as well when gaming?

Thx friends, Power

A:Apature size, does it matter that much?

Apperture size is the amount of system that you're willing to let the VGA card use for AGP texturing.

Now it's quite hard to fine a single answer on that matter. Some say it should half the size of your system memory, some say it should be equal to or half the VGA memory, some say Saturn needs to be aligned with Jupiter for it to work, etc.

If your VGA card has a lot of onboard Ram, you're not likely to be very affected by AGP apperture. Set it to something not too small, & it should not be more then half your system memory, so if you have 512 mb of Ram, set it to 256 max ( I believe the max setting for AGP apperture is 256 mb anyways ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apature-size-does-it-matter-that-much.11564/
Relevancy 28.81%

Can you assign hot keys for the the antistropic filtering and anti-alaising. If so quick instructions or a link with instructions would be wonderful. ATI 9700 pro current Cat drivers. Thanks

A:Hot Keys for AA

there is nothing out there that I would trust that does on-the-fly aa and af switching, that requires a change in display modes as will not quite work properly with many 3d games (this is why games restart when resolution is changed within the game) so your better off changing it through the driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-keys-for-aa.10836/
Relevancy 35.69%

I am thinking of purchasing a DVD burner:

How much does buffer size matter for DVD burners? It appears that most of the burners on the market have 2MB buffers (e.g. Plextor), while some have 8MB (e.g. BenQ and Philips). Will the difference in buffer size matter during DVD burning, say, at 8x?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-does-buffer-size-matter-for-dvd-burners.9803/
Relevancy 36.55%

Having seen the required specs for half life 2, I've decided to upgrade my current ram and purchase an AMD 2500 processor - my current system is a s follows, AMD 1700, 512 DDR ram (generic), softmodded radeon 9500 128 np, W2000k and a 40 gig HD, not top notch kit but enough to play any current game at optimal configuration.
My question is this, my current 2100, 266mhz generic ddr ram works pretty much adequatly and has given me no cause for complaint but on checking prices, find that higher specc'd ram is'nt as expensive as I'd assumed - would purchasing 333mhz or 400mhz ram offer significant increase in performance or are these specs only relevant to hard core modders?

A:Does make matter?

333Mhz to 400Mhz, not much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-make-matter.6532/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey all,

Just wondering if a program exists that would allow me to press one key, but have it trigger others? For example: Press the Space Bar to trigger both the Space Bar and the Enter key etc.

Thanks for any help.

A:Is there a program out there to macro pressing several keys by pressing one key?

http://download.cnet.com/AutoHotkey/3000-2084_4-10279446.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-program-out-there-to-macro-pressing-several-keys-by-pressing-one-key.154623/
Relevancy 36.12%

So long story short I woke up one morning to find that my computer s explorer exe file would not open at all This problem has been going on for well over Explorer.exe I what not start will do no matter a month and I ve been dealing with it by running things through task manager At this point I ve absolutely had it and I need to get this fixed and I d hope to resolve it without having to re-install windows There were no hardware changes just newly installed games from Steam and that s it All I use this computer for is homework and gaming every now and then Explorer exe when started manually will only open in task manager for a moment and then slip away into the darkness once again I get no error messages at all All I get when I boot up my computer is a black screen no task bar and just my cursor Below I have listed everything I have tried so Explorer.exe will not start no matter what I do far and nothing has even brought me close to a solution I m hoping someone can help me because I ve spent countless hours searching the internet and trying new solutions and I m almost giving up hope Please for the love of all that is sane in this world ing help me This is on Windows on an Asus G laptop Interventions so far Starting manually through task manager Starting in safe mode Numerous malware virus scans TDSSKiller CCleaner Start up repair System restores Registry scans Fresh explorer exe Screaming and yelling loudly nbsp

A:Explorer.exe will not start no matter what I do

When I get to the screaming part, I usually create a new user ( a "trick" I discovered when I was fiddling around with XP when it came out ). Can you try that and write back what happens ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/explorer-exe-will-not-start-no-matter-what-i-do.209276/
Relevancy 28.38%

does any1 know were i can get some product keys for windows XP sp2 i have lost my activating keys.

A:Were can i get some product keys for my windows XP SP2

Is the computer still functional meaning the OS is still running? If it is, there are software that can retrieve product keys from the registry and allow you to safe it for safekeeping.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/were-can-i-get-some-product-keys-for-my-windows-xp-sp2.133557/
Relevancy 35.69%

I'm planning installing Windows XP on a Mac running virtual box and was wondering if it makes a difference between 32 bit and 64 bit edition? If both can run fine I guess I'd go with 64 bit since it's faster.

A:In Virtual Box does it 32bit/64bit matter?

Whether or not you can run 64bit guests depends on whether you're CPU has the VT-x extension flag on the CPU.

If it doesn't, you will be unable to run 64bit guests, regardless of whether the host (e.g. OS X) is 64bit or not.

I would recommend you stick to 32 bit, you really don't need the extra performance, nor will you see it when running an OS virtually as a guest within a host OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-virtual-box-does-it-32bit-64bit-matter.164635/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi there,

due to some complete mishap, I was forced to reinstall Windows XP. Before doing so, I did a system backup, so I could restore all files. The problem is the registry. Due to the new install, many applications will not report as installed and request that I install them anew. But I got a copy of the old registry file (system32\config\software) in the backup. Is there any program that would allow me to edit this file and export those keys I need to a .reg file?

Regards
SoWhy

A:Progam to transfer selected keys from old registry file to .reg file?

You are asking for more trouble... You should have created an image of the entire hard drive, and restored that image to a "clean" formatted drive. You could spend hours and days editing the registry, but even this wouldn't guarantee success

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/progam-to-transfer-selected-keys-from-old-registry-file-to-reg-file.131794/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey guys. As part of my job I have been given the task of software inventory. I need to retrieve software keys on all of our PC's and add them to our database. Does anyone know of a software I can use to retrieve keys? Or is this a shady task because of all the piracy going on?

A:How to retrieve license keys

Belarc Advisor should be able to do that for you.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-retrieve-license-keys.85061/