Windows Support Forum

BlueTooth won't work?

Q: BlueTooth won't work?

I have an Acer Aspire 5720z, and there is a BlueTooth button on my laptop. When I press it, it says "No BlueTooth Device"

I never really paid any attention to the BlueTooth, but I bought a BlueTooth mouse today, and I cannot get it to work.

There are no BlueTooth things at all on my computer, and When I try to install BlueTooth drivers, it says that I need to enable my BlueTooth but I don't know how!!
Helllllllp please

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BlueTooth won't work?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BlueTooth won't work?

Quote: Originally Posted by Petoskey

I have an Acer Aspire 5720z, and there is a BlueTooth button on my laptop. When I press it, it says "No BlueTooth Device"

I never really paid any attention to the BlueTooth, but I bought a BlueTooth mouse today, and I cannot get it to work.

There are no BlueTooth things at all on my computer, and When I try to install BlueTooth drivers, it says that I need to enable my BlueTooth but I don't know how!!

Helllllllp please

Acer laptops dont always come with the bluetooth modules installed, there sometimes sold as 'Bluetooth Ready' meaning you can buy an additional module for it. If you have a look for the exact model number underneath, I'll have a look about for you to see if it comes with one already installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/12696-bluetooth-wont-work.html
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello I am new to building the pcs so I am afraid I may have fried mine I really am pry I did not but this is what happened I finish tower Power will not work button My the pc and My tower Power button will not work when I turned on the power supply the power button on the motherboard glowed so then I pressed my tower button and nothing worked so then I re setup he F PANEL cords u know the pwr switch and all that jazz turns out it was set up wrong so I put them in right and tried to turn on the computer again the power button on the motherboard turns on but not my towers power button and so my pc will not officially turn on I am guessing and I am worried that I may have fryed my pc because when I took out the f panlle cords I realized my pc was still on and turned it off immanently and I am afraid that may have fryed the motherboard if anyone can help me it would be wonderful I am freaking out and have no Idea what the problem thank you for reading P S My tower button does not making a clicking sound when you push it I am not sure if that normal or it is broken or somthing it just doesnt make any click sounds nbsp

A:My tower Power button will not work

You could have a defective power switch on the PC case. Test this by using the reset switch as a temporary power switch. The power switch and the reset switch are the same for practical purposes except, of course, the size of the button (on most cases). If the reset switch works and is able to start the PC, then you know the power switch is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-tower-power-button-will-not-work.203422/
Relevancy 19.35%

I recently bought a Windows DVD to put it on the new PC I'm building for my mom. That PC has troubles with the DVD drive itself (stupid motherboard doesn't have IDE..), so I figured I'd set up a bootable USB to install Windows before the adapter arrives. Problem is, the installation DVD isn't playing on my drive (I tried another DVD with a movie on it before, so I don't think its my drive). I brought it to a PC shop and for them it worked fine, even though its quite scratched on the back (I guess the person selling those DVDs doesn't know how to ship them properly) I didn't wanna pay 20 bucks for them copying the DVD, even though I'll probably end up having to do that.

Any ideas what the problem is, or what I can do? I'm not sure if the DVD will work in my moms drive either..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-works-with-other-drives-but-not-mine-while-other-dvds-work.216661/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have an Aspire one NAV50 with Windows 7 starter.

One time, when I turned it on, The icon for wireless connection doesn't appear anymore. Every time I try troubleshoot it, it would just say that there is an ethernet cable unplugged. And so, I connected it into the ethernet cable and it works fine. But when I tried it again on the wireless connections, it doesn't locate to any wireless connection.

I've tried the ff on my laptop:

restart
update
scan the laptop with MalwareBytes
Fn+f2
by the way, last night, when I turned on again the laptop, the wireless connections can already be found. However, after few minutes, it went back to being unlocated again.

A:Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I had doubt the Starter supports the Wireless connecting but since you say " the wireless connections can already be found.", so probably it's possible.
In this case and at the moment the thing I'm thinking about is the driver. Try to update its driver for wireless connecting. (You've said the 'update', but update of what?).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-would-work-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless-connections.201158/
Relevancy 19.35%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey guys... I just got a new EVGA GTX650 ti boost superclocked. I just put it in and I was not getting any signal to my monitor. I tried VGA, HDMI and DVI. Nothing worked and when I took it out to try booting with my integrated graphics, I didn't get any signal to my monitor. All of my connections and wires are connected properly, my power supply is the right voltage and has enough power to support my graphics card. My hard drives are spinning but I cant access my BIOS. I have tried everything that is common. I know my graphics card is not defective and im thinking that it might be my motherboard. Any suggestions?

A:My integrated graphics won't work

You were using integrated graphics before the discrete card? It's strange that your onboard isn't working if it was before hand. Usually it's just a overlooked cable or something plugged in the wrong place. Did you make any changes to BIOS? Some boards require you to change the primary display adapter to PCIE or onboard. Maybe a BIOS reset will help the situation. I doubt there is any issues with the MOBO itself. I suggest stripping the build down to nothing but the bear essential components for operation. This way you can isolate the issue a lot easier.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-integrated-graphics-wont-work.194322/
Relevancy 26.23%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, itīs not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 19.78%

I am considering purchasing a MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970 for my new computer build, and heard from somewhere that it is not compatable with windows 7? Is this true?

A:Will my mobo work?

Where did you hear that? It will run Windows 7 just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-mobo-work.214529/
Relevancy 19.35%

As I don't go menu and Monitor's won't buttons the work away am writing this I have this blue square on the screen with all the settings for this monitor Whichever button I press on the monitor the menu won t go away Not even the power button works so that means I can Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work t disable Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work the monitor Unplugging and plugging it back in doesn t work as soon as the picture appears the menu appears Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work as well Let me give you a bit of a history as it might help determine the cause About a month ago my old monitor monitor started behaving weird It started turning itself off every now and again Sometimes few times a minute Every time it turns off it turns back on with the splash screen saying quot BENQ quot and everything I had no idea why it does that I tried pressing the buttons on it to go into the menu but every button seemed to shut it off and every button seemed to turn it on So I gave it to a family friend to try and fix it He said that the quot control board quot started dying and that he doesn t have a spare one or something like that He then gave me a spare monitor of his monitor until I can buy a new one or fix monitor So I took monitor from him and sent monitor to the shop so they can try and fix it About a week passes and the shop calls and says that they fixed monitor I go and pick it up and when I came home I unplug monitor and plug in monitor monitor was working perfectly then Monitor worked for about minutes and started shutting down again And when I tried using the buttons they wouldn t work again Same thing as last time So I return it to the shop and tell them that it doesn t work That was about a week and a half ago They still didn t fix it The problem is now the monitor also started having problems It doesn t turn off yet but the menu buttons don t work Power button doesn t work Nothing And on top of that the menu won t disappear from the screen As I am typing this there s a menu on top of everything Every now and again the menu will switch to a different option like quot brightness quot quot auto adjustment quot and such like the buttons are being pressed Now I am wondering could it be that my PC is quot breaking quot these monitors Is there a way for a PC to physically damage a monitor What should I do in that case Also I should say that ever since monitor died and after I installed monitor my PC has been getting blue screens of death It hasn t happened once in years since I got this PC and it started after I got monitor I don t know if that s something that s important but there it is If you need more info please let me know I am trying to figure out what is happening and every bit of help is appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work

No one has any relevant information?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitors-menu-wont-go-away-and-the-buttons-dont-work.212651/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 18.92%

Neither my keyboard or mouse are working on any of the 7 USB ports on my computer. My mouse was initially working, but I read somewhere if you delete the keyboard drivers you can reinstall them and it will work again. BUT when I was doing that I stupidly uninstalled my mouse driver so now NOTHING works. I can't try if it works in safe mode because my keyboard doesn't respond when I hit f12 during boot up.

When I plug in the mouse or keyboard, I get a window that pops up asking if I want to install the hardware, but it's impossible for me to do anything because my mouse and keyboard don't work! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

A:My Dell Demension e510's (Window's XP) keyboard and mouse don't work

First I would try to find a different working keyboard because you should at less be able to boot into safe mode because the drivers don't even load until windows start loading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-demension-e510s-windows-xp-keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work.211116/
Relevancy 27.09%

Have a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones and trying to get them hooked up to the sound of my older TV. Is there some kind of adapter you can buy to to hook up to the audio out of the TV so I can connect the 2 via Bluetooth? I just don't wanna pay for another pair of headphones. I just want the reciever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-adapter.210034/
Relevancy 18.49%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey!
I have an Acer that spontaneously decided I no longer needed to play games. Everything else works perfectly fine. It's been doing this for the past few weeks and I've done all that I can. I'm no tech wizard by any means and I need some help. Pretty much it'll open to the load screen for a few moments then disappear back to my home screen. Any ideas on what it could be and what I can do?

These are the specs:
Acer Aspire V5 Touch with Windows 8.1
Aspire V5-V561PG-9683
Model number: Z5WV2

If you need more info let me know, I still have everything for it.

A:Acer Aspire issues; Games no longer work

If you are talking about the games that are loaded by a app. You will need to uninstall the app. Then reinstall the app. I have no ideal why this happens . But I have seen it more then once.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-issues-games-no-longer-work.208471/
Relevancy 19.35%

Can I run 1600mhz ram on a mb which is supported 1333mhz (my config MSI-760gm P21-FX 1gb asus amd radeon 5450 gfx card And 4gb rm of 600mhz.

A:Can 1600mhz ddr3 ram will work on mb which is supported at 1333mhz?

1600 MHz RAM should down-clock to 1333MHz just fine, but I will not make guaranties. It usually works perfect, but there is always the possibility of incompatibilities.

The GPU memory and frequency is independent and irrelevant for this topic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-1600mhz-ddr3-ram-will-work-on-mb-which-is-supported-at-1333mhz.207921/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have done everything I can think of. I have windows 7 64 bit. I have disabled/re-enabled sound cards, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers. I have checked all settings I possibly can think of. My head phones work GREAT and on startup I can hear the sound, but once in windows, no sounds through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-hear-windows-startup-but-after-that-nothing-headphones-work-though.207890/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

I installed win 7 x86 on a sony vaio vpceb36fg. Everything seems OK but the Fn keys. The combination of Fn+related keys work only for sound volume and screen lock button and not for others!

How to get all Fn keys worked please?
Is it needed to install any tool/utility?

A:Fn keys don't work

Your laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit so I'm curious as to why you decided to install a 32 bit version.

Laptops, particularly Vaios, have specific functions assigned to keys. On yours you were previously able to surf the web and play DVDs without booting up into Windows. To regain all that you've lost will take quite a bit of work. The utilities you need will be on a Sony support site. However, sometimes things have to be installed in a particular order before they work. It took me a long time Googling, downloading utilities and experimenting to get everything working when I reinstalled the OS on my Vaio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-keys-dont-work.207842/
Relevancy 19.78%

Before I say anything else, I am very new to building a computer. Ive never built one in my life. I am curious if the setup I have to far will work! I am trying to look for pretty cheap but good options for parts. So far I have a case, processor, and GPU in mind. I need ideas for the motherboard especially. I dont know how to tell if everything would work correctly, so if something would be incompatible, could you tell me?

So far I have

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Case: NZXT Phantom 240 Mid Tower
Ram:
Motherboard:
Hard-Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
Power Supply:
DVD Drive:
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor:

Would there be anything else I need? Also what is thermal compound and Heatsink? Are these required for my setup? Please tell me if there is anything wrong with this so far and what items I should use for the unfilled spaces! Thank you all so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-setup-work.207722/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a mystery on my hands. I received a Bluetooth speaker as a gift. The BT-4.0 adapter plugged into my computer (USB-2.0 port) detects it (as a "Bluetooth headset"), but when I try to select it as my output device (from the "Sound" Control Panel), Windows reports it as "Disconnected".

If I open "Devices and Printers" and right-click the "Bluetooth headset" icon, I get an alert that the device "Failed to initialize".

I've tried rebooting, tried a different BT adapter, updated my BT drivers off the makers' website, Device Manager shows everything is connected & working (including "Bluetooth Audio").

64bit Win7 Home. Inateck BT-4.0 usb adapter. Speaker is a "MicroBoom" BT v2.1:
Any ideas?

PS: Eliminated the obvious. Speaker is fully charged and works just fine with my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-headphones-paired-but-disconnected-failed-to-initialize.207624/
Relevancy 26.66%

Quick question.

I have two cheepo USB Bluetooth adapters for my Windows 7 PC. One is a tiny generic (thumbnail sized) micro adapter, the other a small "stick" made by Rocketfish.

Both adapters install and "claim" to detect my Bluetooth speaker (misidentifying it as a Bluetooth headset. I have no headset), but the speaker doesn't detect the PC (even when clicking the Discover button.) My cellphone sees my speaker, but it too DOESN'T see my PC.

Are all Bluetooth adapters the same and if my cheap adapters won't pair with anything, neither will an expensive one? Or might there be something else going on?

Thx.

A:Difference in Bluetooth adapters?

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager when either of the Bluetooth devices are installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-in-bluetooth-adapters.207449/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a toshiba laptop right at a year of having it, it will not allow me to get internet connection even though it shows its getting wifi or set up through the router.. Is this a virus or other issue

A:Toshiba Internet won't work

Moving this topic to appropriate forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-internet-wont-work.207422/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all I have to the WLAN work as rather Router on from a WiFi LAN a a typical situation in my Internet and LAN setup My ISP provides me with a direct LAN cable that I need to connect either into my PC or into the WiFi Router WLAN port I also have a LAN that I need to connect to so I have installed a separate LAN card for the internal LAN purposes My two setups are below with their issues I hope someone can suggest a middle grounds to have a LAN and a WiFi too Scenario The ISP cable goes into the WLAN port of the Router Cables from the router goes into my PC network card and to other PCs for LAN purposes The PC cards are all configured to automatic IP LAN Internet WiFi is now available This works fine for a few days and then the internet stops working because there is a conflict of IP The ISP expects IPs like xxx and the one on the LAN Router for my PC is Scenario Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN The ISP cable goes into network card internet sharing is enabled Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN and automatic IP with the ISP s expected IP xxx Another cable goes from my PC s network card fixed IP into the regular LAN port of the same Router Without any issues over the months the Internet works the LAN works other PCs have fixed IPs too etc but no Wifi Can I have best of both the worlds in such a situation I can t install a rd network card for sure as the slot on the mother board is limited Please advise Thanks in advance Bhavbhuti nbsp

A:Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Code:

Scenario-1
isp==>(wan)router-->PC card-1, et al (conflict 123.237,234.xxx v 192.168.1.100)

Scenario-2
ISP===->pc card-1
pc card-2==>router
scenario-1 is a configuration or firmware condition
scenario-2 is a real security issue and the primary PC is basically acting as a DMZ server and is at risk.
Here's my setup:
Code:

isp==(wan)router-1--- PCs in the same room
|
+---(lan)router-2(with wifi) - - - wifi connections in the den

configuration to make this work with full file/print sharing:
router-2:

disable DHCP in this router
setup all WiFi settings here
notice: router-2 wan slot is left empty to make this work
Router-1:

set LAN address of router one as you please (eg: 192.168.1.1 )

set an address reservation for router-2's MAC -> a fixed, constant IP address on that same subnet (eg 192.168.1.254)
set the DHCP range small (eg 2-32)
router-1 will control all auto-ip assignments for both routers.

Personally, I add another tweak;

reserve ip addresses for all of my devices into the low-end of the dhcp range (say 2-10) and
let 'guests' take addresses above 10
This gives the opportunity to allow file/print sharing to known systems (2-10) and disallow for the guests.

Setup totally within the routers allow my laptop to travel and not be effected by these choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-to-work-as-a-wifi-on-the-lan-rather-from-a-wlan.207258/
Relevancy 19.35%

Well I am accessing my remote router via and it works access work via phone, Remote PC doesnt via ok when I am using my Phone s Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC browser chrome or IE on Samsung however when I am at computer at work I cant access my router I ran Tracert and I am getting up to hoops and th says quot Request timed out quot lt ms lt ms ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC ms ms ms border ge - unitedair- chg pnap net ms ms ms core te - -bbnet chg pnap net ms ms ms ae - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms xe- - - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms c-eth- - - -pe ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms he- - - - -cr ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms ms ms ms te- - - - -sur mortongrove il chicago com net ms ms ms te- - -cdn mortongrove il chicago comcas t Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete Anyone would know why it works on the phone and doesnt really go through all the way to the end nbsp

A:Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC

Ok I have to ask first when you are using your phone is it always using mobile data or do you connect it at work via wifi? When reason that makes sense to me is at your work they maybe blocking the remote port. I guess it all depends on what you are using also. If you are just using standard RDP then they might be blocking port 3389. If you could give further information on how you are connecting remotely whether using software such as teamviewer or just standard RDP. Also how do you have your router configured. I can better understand witht is information thanks....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-access-ok-via-phone-doesnt-work-via-pc.206550/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

I pair my Plantronics Calisto PLT Headset to my Desktop Computer (Windows 7 x64), and it showed that everything is OK, but when I tried to use it, it didn't work.
When I press icon of sound on the taskbar and I go to Playback or Recording there is there Bluetooth Hands-free Audio but is Disconnected, and I don't have any idea how to connect this and make to work.
Can someone help me to solve this problem? I will really appreciate any help.

P.S.
I did everything like supposed to be. I attached few images to show my situation.

A:Bluetooth Problem

Hi,
Yesterday I bought USB BT400 Adapter.
I started everything from beginning and there is exactly the same situation. Nothing changed. If you look to the picture, everything is pair and installed and when I ask them, they said that was something wrong with Windows configuration (not 100%).
Point is that they didn't have any clue what is wrong.
P.S.
I didn't mention that before when I installed USB Bluetooth Adapter, and I pair my device in the Playback and Recording devices when I tried to connect it worked for very short time and after this somehow disconnected by itself.
I don't know if I explain well what's happened, but if you want to ask something to make clear, please don't hesitate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-problem.206560/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey guys

I have a problem with my laptop.
Sometimes the space bar, n and enter key stops working. When this happens, I can usually hit the button a few times and the key finally registers. It happens randomly and quite often. But sometimes I can type for hours without it happening.

I have not spilled any liquid on my laptop and I haven't dropped it. The problem started randomly a few months ago.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

The laptop is an Asus K55V. It is nearly 3 years old

- Fred

A:Laptop keys sometimes don't work

Hey Fred,
Not sure if this might work that well, but give it a try! If it doesn't..go to a technician...its probably the best idea.

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-sometimes-dont-work.205954/
Relevancy 19.35%

What the title says. I bought a TP-Link WDR4300 and installed it, and everything works perfectly on every device except for my laptop (Windows 8.1 Lenovo G480, running Windows Defender as AV). When connecting wirelessly, I get access to the router, but it shows "limited", and it doesn't even let me get into the setup page (192.168.0.1) and when I ping it, every packet is lost. Ethernet, meanwhile, works perfectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I'd like to attach the ipconfig outputs but my command prompt is in spanish and some of the characters are missing in the .txt file, too. I don't know how to get the file in english.

@jobeard I saw one thread you solved in which you said to mention you so you could help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks beforehand for any and all suggestions.

A:WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Hi, You will always have to use the ethernet (Cat 5) cable to get into your router's software, at 192.168.0.1, all routers are set up like that for security reasons.
It's done that way so that no one can change your settings, passwords etc using a wireless connection, you must use the Cat 5 cable to make setup & security changes.
Did you get any setup software with the TP Link router?
If you get good internet access using Windows 8.1 using the ethernet cable, it
might point to possible wireless driver issues.
It might be worth downloading the latest driver for your WDR4300 from the TP-link website;
http://www.tp-link.es/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does.205530/
Relevancy 19.35%

My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

A:Internet wont work on laptop

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.204944/
Relevancy 19.78%

I got a hp 6371it

link --> (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02054227&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/it_i...

I have this problem: I bought a kingston Dimm ValueRam 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Non-ECC CL9 (it is compatible with my mb according to hp website). I installed it on my pc and:
1) if I install just that ram it works fine
2) if I install that ram I bought and one ore both ram I had already installed in my pc it doens't work or it blocks on hp main screen or it appears the classic blue screen of hardware error and it never enter on windows (it asks for a system reinstallation)
what is the problem? should I do something else? I tried mounting rams in different slots, I tried everything

please help!!

A:Compatible ram don't work

Sound as though the ram you bought is not compatible with the existing ram. Is the ram you bought the same specs as the old ram?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-dont-work.205230/
Relevancy 15.05%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi can any one help I cant hear any sound on my laptop its all turned up but when I conect it to my tv the volumes fine but soon as I disconnet from the tv the sound ont go.

A:Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-wont-work-on-asus-x53u-laptop.204577/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi, hope I've put enough specs in profile for you to help. I have a Compaq Presario 6735s I bought around 2008. CPU quite slow but graphics card not bad so made decision to upgrade. Looked up the laptop manual here to find compatible CPUs for motherboard, socket type etc. Went through 3 different (*****ic) buys before I found one that actually fitted.
Now with everything reassembled, screen will flash up once upon powering on, then nothing. All usual lights come on, even my wireless connects, makes usual start up noises, fan, dvd drive etc ....
Proceeded to take everything apart again, re-connected everything I tampered with. Even RAM, which I didn't have to remove before.
Still same reaction starting up.

Really frustrated with myself as thought this would be the right one. Could honestly cry, haha.

I read the tutorial on here called 'No POST' to no avail either. I really hope it can come back from this.
One last thing I can think of (before pulling new CPU out) is upgrading BIOS to support new CPU but with no screen I am stuck.

Can someone please give me a little direction?

A:Upgraded CPU on laptop, now screen won't work

Did you re-install the old CPU to see if the laptop booted normally again? Upgrading CPU's on laptop motherboards can be a very difficult thing to do. What is supposed to be compatible in reality is not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-cpu-on-laptop-now-screen-wont-work.204383/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello to all I m going to install Win XP properly port The ps/2 of doesn't work the motherboard on my computer I had win but had some problem with installing the HP printer on it and so I decide to install XP because that printer seems to be installed properly The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly on XP Now When I put the XP CD on the CD driver it says press a ker to boot from CD and I press the Enter key now the keyboard works after that within installation time when that I should press Enter to install XP this time the keyboard doesn t work My guess is that the ps port of the case has problem it s old and somewhat has been broad Now what is the solution in your point of The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly view please My system manufacturer is quot ECS quot and the system model is quot pl-A quot PS there are two black amp white screens which mobo shows First screen shows the amount of RAM the model of CPU the IDEs and info like these which is common for first screen But the here when I want to enter to BIOS by pressing Del key it seems that keyboard doesn t work so it doesn t go to bios The second black amp white screen shows fewer info and it says quot Press shift-F to configure and when I press these two I can to enter to an environment that seems to not be the BIOS the keyboard here WORKS It has very few options And apparently doesn t have options of manipulating the keyboard settings nbsp

A:The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly

No idea!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-ps-2-port-of-the-motherboard-doesnt-work-properly.204104/
Relevancy 19.78%

So currently I have a modem in the living room Cisco EPC and then it goes all the way to my room to a Cisco WRTG V router Yesterday out of the blue it stopped working This is because I previously had routers in the network Asus and Cisco anyways I decided to disconnect my asus and use only the cisco but the router just won t work I reseted it to it s fabric settings But when I log into it it says the router s IP adress is And hands out IP adresses to my pc such as I have no idea what to do Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search Router work won't properly List sbb rs Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - Router won't work properly -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Router won't work properly IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Wednesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap sbb rs Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ebd bbaa ebd bbaa Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users MiKi gt This is my ipconfig with the modem and this is with my router Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Thursday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE - - BA - E- B A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users MiKi gt nbsp

A:Router won't work properly

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the router? (long press)
I have seen this 'reset button' on several router brands/models like tp-link (tl-wr941n, tl-wr740n old version, tl-wr740n newer version), buffalo draft-N routers, cdrking routers (made in china router brand sold in the Philippines).

if the reset process I described is the same as what you typed in your first post, try to manually change the router ip address.

my wimax modem ip address = 192.168.1.1
so for the tp-link wr-740 router, I use ip address - 192.168.0.1

login to your router and change it. if there's any save button, click it. my router prompts me to reboot the router. after a few seconds, the preferred ip address I have chosen is good for use.
(I have hidden my MAC address)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-wont-work-properly.203477/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just got a new system that is rather light on the USB ports, so I figured I'd take advantage of the built in bluetooth. That being said are there any bluetooth mice that the users of Techspot either own and like, or find appealing? I tend to like my mice full sized and being contoured for the right hand is a bonus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-bluetooth-mouse.203145/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi everyone,
I've bought a Sound Blaster Recon 3D a year ago.
It works awsome ! But this morning it was off the light and cannot work while plug in any computers.
I am very bored and nervous, I think it was broken down and cannot work anymore.
Am I right ?
Please say NO and help me
Thank you very much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-blaster-wirless-doesnt-work.202270/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello My sound chip on my board was blew for no reason bad thing only being a month old bored and I am not waiting days to rma it and for me to get it back anyway I managed to pick up a old sound card not sure on the model Motherboard? Work. Not Maybe Did Sound Card that worked fine for three days then stopped outputing audio so I bought a sound card intex cmi that did not have the bit wndows dirvers and everytime I turned the computer off the machine would not detect the card I then I have to press the reset button or turn the system a few times to get the card to be recognized again and I could not also find the drivers for the OS Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? I checked at the back of the cards box and it says bit pci bus master What does the mean could that be that the card was not compatible for the stystem or could it be the motherboard I tried a nvidia video card in the Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? PCI-E slot and the card works fine with no faults The sound card was using the PCI slot and I tried every PCI slot My Motherboard asrock fm a x extreme Thanks nbsp

A:Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard?

I tested in a very old card from 2001 or 2004 something like that and it appears there's power going through the card so that's the plus.
Maybe it's because I'm using old crap and the sound card model is old?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-did-not-work-maybe-motherboard.202240/
Relevancy 19.35%

My laptop doesn't work with wifi when I first open it. It will show at the bottom of the screen that it is fully connected and has full bars, but when I open the internet the pages will not open. I must restart the computer and then it will work. How can I fix this?

A:Laptop doesn't work with wifi

When the WiFi is active, the laptop NIC should be disabled - - easy - - just unplug the the cable to the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-work-with-wifi.201724/
Relevancy 19.35%

I hope this is the right section to ask this question in. I'm a big newbie.
I'm having an issue that I have no clue how to solve. There is a specific webpage that I try to view at home with my laptop, and it never loads on Chrome and Firefox, but does on Explorer. But when I take the same laptop to work or school, it does load that website on all browsers. I also have a desktop that stays home, and has the same problem. Its so strange. I don't know if it's a network thing, or an facebook app thing.

I've tried re-installing Chrome, deleting all cookies and caches, disabling all extensions or plugins, and updating Flash and Java. Any ideas?

Mod Note: Facebook game link removed, you are too new to be trusted fully. Problem m ay be solvable without the exact game anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/website-works-at-work-not-home.201025/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello! I live in a college apartment (so no access to router). When I hook up my ethernet cable to my computer, all of my messengers work and are connected but I cannot use internet browsers. I recently reformatted my computer and was using a wireless adaptor, but here the internet is so slow that there's really no point and for a decent connection you need to be plugged into the wall. The wall connection worked fine until I reformatted.

This happened before when I moved to my first college and had to use the ethernet cable. I've done everything from messing around with internet explorer proxy settings and whatnot, but what did work was something I found in a thread. It instructed me to go somewhere and delete a file that was blocking the internet part, I guess? I deleted this setting/file and the ethernet connection worked just fine afterwards. I can't find this thread (probably not on this website) anymore. Does anyone here know possibly what the file was?

A:Help locating a file to help my ethernet work again

Check for optional Windows Updates, specifically a network driver. The most common name is Realtek.

And/or try installing this driver. - Software: Drivers & Utilities

If still no go, which computer do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-locating-a-file-to-help-my-ethernet-work-again.200022/
Relevancy 19.35%

I am using windows 7 and my webcam is not working,whenever I tried to use to it says "webcam not detected ". even it is absent in device manager and I hope someone will help me to solve the problem.

A:Dell integrated webcam won't work

What is the exact brand and model # of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-integrated-webcam-wont-work.199619/
Relevancy 19.35%

Just got the new mouse home, but to enable aim precision and other programmable buttons and need to get the drivers. When I try to download them it says plug in the device, which is already plugged in and I have also tried in different usb ports and safe mode. Anyone with this mouse got it to work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mad-catz-rat-7-mmo-mouse-drivers-wont-work.199725/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have a headset set with a mic. It has 3.5mm plugs for the mic and the speakers. Just recently they stopped working together. What I mean is if I have either one of them plugged in, that one works. If I have both plugged in, the sound manager appears as if neither of them are plugged in. I've tried other headphones with the jacks and get the same result. I've tried reinstalling the driver, doing a system restore and using CCleaner to clean my registry. I've also messed around with just about every setting in the audio manager. Anyone have any ideas? It's odd that they work independently, which leads me to believe that the insertion detection is working just fine.

I have a Toshiba Satellite R845-S95 with Windows 7.

A:Headphone and Microphone Jack won't Work Together

Turn off the insertion detection on realtek. Top-right corner somewhere, from memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-and-microphone-jack-wont-work-together.199662/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've been putting together this build as my first gaming PC and I'm wondering will there been any compatibility issues between any of these parts?

My budget is roughly: Ģ500 / $800 / ?600

Case:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/zalm...-internal-35-x5-external-35-x1-internal-25-x1

PSU:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-storm-silent-lpj19-25-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v20-psu

RAM:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-...1600)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v

HDD:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500gb-toshiba-dt01aca050-35-hdd-sata-iii-6gb-s-7200rpm-32mb-cache

Motherboard:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/giga...r3-sata-iii-6gb-s-sata-raid-pcie-20-(x16)-atx

GPU:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-...pu-1000mhz-640-cores-dp-dl-dvi-I-hdmi-plusmou

CPU:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-...re-s-am3plus-38ghz-8mb-total-cache-95w-retail

Optical Drive:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/lite...dvdplusrw-x8-rw-x6-dvd-ram-x12-sata-black-oem

Wireless Card:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-pce-n15-pcie-300mbps-80211b-g-n-wireless-adaptor-low-profile

Any advice is appreciated
Thanks
~Jack

A:Will this PC work?

That's a pretty sketchy power supply, I wouldn't use it.
That is OK, but I think it would be easier for you if you just got a wifi enabled motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-pc-work.199362/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there,

Is there a way to use bluetooth speakers as well system speakers at the same time?

Using windows 8 6bit
and bluetooth Jawbone Bigjam speakers.

Thanks

A:Bluetooth Speakers

I think yes, but you need to use some other sound output manager. Windows built-in one doesn't support multiple output via different type.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-speakers.199317/
Relevancy 19.78%

The n key had been not working properly and now it stopped all together. I took the key off and tried pressing the white piece of soft plastic but nothing shows up. Is it time to get a new keyboard or is there something else to try? It seems like such a waist to throw out a keyboard when 1/100+ keys stopped working.

A:1 key on keyboard doesn't work

Try it on another PC and see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-key-on-keyboard-doesnt-work.197264/
Relevancy 19.78%

I don t get why my touchpad doesn t work when I unplug or turn off my mouse I found all the settings I realize I may get an answer I don t want Download drivers etc I can live with this problem unless I suddenly don t have my other laptop especially after spending the night searching for downloading and installing drivers for doesn't work Touchpad my other laptop I was surprised to find that the windows professional my home machine is windows home didn t provide me with network and Touchpad doesn't work other drivers I wasn t seeing any wireless connections Initially I was using an internet stick and the problem wasn t visible I take that machine out with me I had it home last night and that s when I found the problem And trying to get that touchpad driver had me wondering about this one I don t use my laptop keyboard on my home machine preferring a natural contour full keyboard I plug in so I never deal with the touchpad otherwise I d be hitting it all the time which I used to do I am a mouse guy If I had to to take this machine out the touchpad thing would drive me nuts Any thoughts nbsp

A:Touchpad doesn't work

Hi Aarby,

Some computers have keyboard shortcuts which could be a separate key on the keypad or a combination of the Fn + any other Function key depending on the system model for enabling or disabling the touchpad. Since you have not mentioned the system model of your computer, some steps you may try are:

1.Go to Control Panel > Mouse > Device Settings>Click Enable (if disabled).

2.Check under Mouse Properties in Control Panel>Hardware>Mouse. There may be a check-box for Disable Touchpad/Pointing Stick when external USB mouse is present. If this is checked and you connect an external mouse to your laptop, the touchpad may be disabled.

Additionally, we recommend you check the system manual or try some of the steps mentioned in the link below.

Click on this Microsoft link to troubleshoot Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows: http://dell.to/1arqGvz

Hope this helps resolve the issue. Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks & regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchpad-doesnt-work.197125/
Relevancy 19.78%

OK, I know it's weird, but I need to run 32-bit XP SP3 on this board. Anyone know for sure if it will? Asus specs don't list XP but drivers seem abundant for it.

Thanks for any help !!!

A:Asus P9X79-E WS and 32-bit XP SP3 - Will They Work?

I can't make any promises, but I'd be highly inclined to think it would probably work, just from the fact that ASUS listed drivers on their website for Windows XP; if the board wasn't supported, wouldn't they simply not allow you to choose it as an OS selection when downloading drivers? Maybe when they omit XP from the supported OSs list, it's only because it's not fully supported, in terms of long-term updates, even though the OS works. Again this is just speculation, but I don't see a good reason why it wouldn't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p9x79-e-ws-and-32-bit-xp-sp3-will-they-work.196790/
Relevancy 18.92%

I built my first custom PC a month or two ago, and this is the first problem I've encountered.
I live in an apartment complex that provides their own ISP, so my PC has been plugged straight into my ethernet port in my wall (no router). It's worked perfectly until just today.

In the bottom right corner, my computer is telling me that I am connected to the internet, but nothing's working...I really hope it's not a problem with my motherboard.

The thing is, every other device, wired or wireless, in my apartment obtains internet, so I feel like it has to be something with my computer. It was working fine last night and I came home today do start homework and it wont connect.

I'll provide whatever information may help with solving this problem. Anything at all would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Computer says connected, but i get no internet. Other dives in the apartment work fine

Hey mattyg. A few questions.

Are you just using one browser or do you have the same issue when you try a second browser?

If another pc in your apartment connects and gets on the Net via Ethernet cable, is it using the same wall jack?

Is the wireless connection your wireless device connects to coming from your building's Internet connection, or could it be connecting from some other network?

What message do you get when your browser opens and cant make a connection to the Net?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-says-connected-but-i-get-no-internet-other-dives-in-the-apartment-work-fine.196947/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi everyone

I have HP dv7 2015tx running windows 7 (64bit) and I have serious problem with wifi connectivity. in last few months the wifi connection started to malfunction and randomly detect and connect to hotspots. and then it stopped working completely after a while. I tried:

-reinstalling, upgrading .... the wireless driver
-using wifi dongle
-replacing the wifi card with a new one
and I found these can not help me in this issue. the same thing happened to my blutooth connectivity last year and after I reinstalled the windows it was all fixed. but this time im not planning to reinstall the windows again.
So in my point of view this problem might be fixed if I fix the way windows is detecting any wifi access !! is there any file missing in windows related to this ?!!

Please help me in this matter

A:WiFi adapter does not work on my laptop

Do you have a wifi router and that's causing you these problems
OR
are you having issues with accessing hotspots?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter-does-not-work-on-my-laptop.195037/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a T line at the small school I work at maximum of computers I ran line work T1 very at slow a speed test and received a Mbps I ran the same test at home and received a Mbps on a cable connection When T1 line very slow at work I ran the test at work there were only other people on a computer The school pays for the T line Part of that could be payment for actually running the line I think the connection hub was miles away We are in a remote part of PA so future options could be limited From what I know the overall Mbps is So if we have computers on the network does it work like this Mbps Mbps each Is T that slow I thought T was a good connection Has it just become old and outdated Why is it that years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T and we can t run a maximum of computers on it now nbsp

A:T1 line very slow at work

You should be asking your ISP these questions.

I'm not absolutely positive, but I will state my two cents. I think all the machines on the network uses what is known as timeshare. If only one machine needs access then all the bandwidth is alloted to this one machine. But if two machines need access, time is shared between the two machines. Timeshare is split between machines making data request. Once a machine is no longer sending data request, there is no need in timeshare being alloted for the machine. In other words there is no specific set speed for each machine on the network. Network traffic is controlled by how many machines are making network request at any given time.

Hallo104 said:

Why is it that 10 years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T1 and we can't run a maximum of 30 computers on it now?Click to expand...

This phenomenon you mention is the Internet evolving and requiring more bandwidth as it progresses. The Internet 10 years ago wasn't bloated with as many high bandwidth websites. Dial-up was probably still common and fully functional back then. I'd hate to even make a connection with Dial-up now, it would probably take 4 minutes, for a single web-page to render.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t1-line-very-slow-at-work.195746/
Relevancy 19.35%

So, I recently bought an Asus UX31a running windows 8(in may) and it was working perfectly until a couple months ago. The only browser that works is internet explorer, which is disgusting (I miss Google Chrome) and several programs such as Adobe reader, Google drive, steam and visual studio either lag for about 5 mins each whenever I want to use them (or click something in them), or I have to close them with the task manager because they aren't responding...(This includes when I want to open pdf documents in internet explorer.

I've run several virus checks with ESET smart security which hasn't ever found any viruses...

It would be a great help if anybody could help me find what the problem is.

A:Multiple programs are stopping to work, also, I don't appear to have had or ever have a virus.

Try using a new Windows Restore point. This may not work because of "it was working perfectly until a couple months ago"... It is most likely caused from a stubborn malware infection other than a virus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-programs-are-stopping-to-work-also-i-dont-appear-to-have-had-or-ever-have-a-virus.196063/
Relevancy 17.2%

I am so close to having my new audio system established On the headphone side all I need to do is place my order However I ve run into Z for 32x, card Sound PCI-E? (Will PCIE SBX Sound Blaster Vista work?) a bit of a snag considering the sound card I was Sound card for Vista 32x, PCI-E? (Will Sound Blaster Z SBX PCIE work?) originally recommended the Sound Blaster Z to pair with my headphones Exact card here the one with the external microphone since I ll need it Unfortunately this sound card specifies Windows and as supported operating systems I asked if it would still work for Vista but the other forum headphone forum seemed to think that it wouldn t unfortunately I m not looking to upgrade my OS As horrible and clunky as it is I ve made it work for me IF it would work with Vista than just let me know and read no further If not I d love if I could get some recommendations for a comparable card I m looking for the best sound card possible given my physical and operational specs I have PCI-E slots x and x free and my OS is Windows Vista Ultimate x The card will support both gaming and music though I m more concerned with gaming than music at this point I m not looking to drop a bundle the SB-Z was a little on the expensive side but as high as or is acceptable Please let me know if you have any suggestions I m raring to place my orders haha nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-vista-32x-pci-e-will-sound-blaster-z-sbx-pcie-work.196149/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have no idea where to start loking for solutions. NBegining about an hour ago, no key wil work twice in a row. Backspace wil only back up once, delete wil only delelt one character in a row, page-down wil ionly page down one page and not more.
If I go do something else, and come back, the key wil work again. So, by combining delete and backspace and arrow keys and re-positioning the mouse, I can type whatever I want - it is just taking a lot more effort! -Any ideas? I would put a bu nch of excalamation marks, but this is al I have: !

A:No key will work twice in a row Win7 Dell E5430

More info - this is happening in MS Word, Notepad, the IBM SPSS Text Editor, and Google Chrome search blank. So, not just MS Ofice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-key-will-work-twice-in-a-row-win7-dell-e5430.196092/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello.
I recently got new Intel SSD series 330 60gb in addition to my standard 1tb Samsung HDD. So I set RAID mode from IDE to AHCI in BIOS (mobo MSI X85 pro-e). Now some of SATA ports (port 3 and 5) don't recognize my HDD or CD/DVD being connected but I still can use them in windows while other ports display them normally in BIOS. Also when I switch back to IDE mode, ports 3 and 5 display hardware in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-ports-wont-work-in-ahci-mode.195845/
Relevancy 19.78%

Yesterday morning I tried to clean my desktop computer inside case all I did was open the case and clean off all the fans and plugged them back in I also disconnected my computer monitor and cleaned won't work Monitor that Once I was done I plugged everything back in and turned my computer on it started up but my monitor said dvi was inactive instead of active so then it said it was going to sleep I tried just turning the monitor on and off but it just Monitor won't work goes back to Monitor won't work sleep lazy and I ve also tried to use a different monitor and video cable but it seems that did not work either same thing happened and I am Monitor won't work unable to do anything Maybe I knocked something loose or dust got in the receiving end of the video cable haven t cleaned this computer in over years I don t know just thought I would ask here before I went to get it serviced somewhere My system information can be viewed here under the information tab Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor won't work

Disconnect everything wired to the system. Also the power cord. Open the case use some dryer sheets and rub them into your palms of your hands. Now go inside and make sure everything is seated into the the slots. You might have to pop them up and then click them back into the slots.
Make sure everything is connected inside.First!
Once everything is AOK!
Put back on the cover
connected all outside cable connections back to the PC
Check to see if any pins are bent also.
Connect the PC back to AC power
Turn it on

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-work.195333/
Relevancy 19.35%

I ve been thinking about upgrading my graphics card for a while now and I ve had my eye on the Geforce GTX Ti it gets good reviews and will run all the games I play on high settings I want to know if it will run on my system and if Will graphics my in card this computer? work the one I linked above looks good Here are my system specs Model Dell Studio XPS OS Windows -bit Processor AMD Phenom II X T GHz RAM GB Free Memory GB If you need any other specs let me know I Will this graphics card work in my computer? m pretty sure the Ti will work in my computer but I just want to make sure before I buy it I read another thread here and the guy had the same computer as me and installed the same graphics card successfully If you could just confirm that it would work in my system that would be great and if there is any software I need to install before I install the graphics card Thanks nbsp

A:Will this graphics card work in my computer?

Should work ok, since it worked for the other guy. Make sure your PSUs the same as his, and you're good to go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-graphics-card-work-in-my-computer.195044/
Relevancy 19.78%

I am looking to get the Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 2gb DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 DVI-I/HDMI/D-SUB Crossfire Ready Graphics Card GV-R667D3=2GI (typed the whole thing just in case ) (PC spec: http://gyazo.com/851a919b86a2675f3dea7c606766d14f and http://gyazo.com/58735cf2ad81d8140ec7e8f330fbbafd)

A:How will I know if a graphics card will work for me

I am looking to get the Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 2gb DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 DVI-I/HDMI/D-SUB Crossfire Ready Graphics Card GV-R667D3=2GI (typed the whole thing just in case ) (PC spec: http://gyazo.com/851a919b86a2675f3dea7c606766d14f and http://gyazo.com/58735cf2ad81d8140ec7e8f330fbbafd)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-will-i-know-if-a-graphics-card-will-work-for-me.195131/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

I'm planning on buying this ->http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130918

I just wanted to know if it would work in my build(part list below).

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 ...98355780
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) ...98355780
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz ...98355780
SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V / ...98355780
HIS iCooler H777F1G2M Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition ...98355780 Which will be replaced.
ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA ...98355780
COOLER MASTER Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1 Black Steel ...98251416
Thanks!

A:Will this GPU work in my build?

Yes, but a 550W PSU is pretty marginal if you're overclocking both the CPU and GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-gpu-work-in-my-build.194967/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi there,

I am new to home networking.

I am trying to connect 2 of my apartment with network as well as all my rooms.

I wonder if my networking will work in this way? Please advise if I need to change any devices.

A:Will My Home Network Work?

Hmm that diagram is most interesting - - and imo hard to determine what's what.

Try something like:

Code:

isp==modem/router --- wired --- ?
|
+ - - - wifi - - ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-home-network-work.194191/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi,
Any help would be great.. I have just started a fresh copy of widows xp and during the installation setup my keyboard has stopped working... Got through entering the key but with 33 minutes remaining and stuck at the screen ( personalize your software ) thing have gone bad..I have no keyboard function and can only use a mouse when plugged in... Oh forgot to say its a Acer Aspire 3000 laptop.. Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-stop-work-on-xp-installation.194217/
Relevancy 19.35%

I removed the NEC/TOKIN 0E907 to replace it with 4x330uF. unfortunately, I lost the 330uF capcitors and waiting for another shipping. Will laptop works with out NEC/TOKIN 0E907?. My laptop is now turns on but nothing is coming to LCD and feels like dead. Is this lacks of NEC/TOKIN or another issue with LCD screen. LCD was working before the removal of NEC/TOKIN
Pls help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-laptop-work-with-out-nec-tokin-0e907.194180/
Relevancy 26.66%

My old wireless setup finally crapped out so thought I d try Bluetooth with the longer range One thing I didn t know about Bluetooth at least with this particular keyboard and mouse to a small extent is that after a brief period of inactivity it unconnects or deactivates or whatever and to reactive it I have to type a key and then wait for seconds or more for it to come alive Very irritating especially like when I m trying to sign into something or am Bluetooth problems Keyboard working Bluetooth Keyboard problems on something I ve looked in the app and don t see anything where I can turn that off I don t mind replacing the rechargeable batteries more often if I can avoid that deactivating thing Any suggestions or am I just stuck with that Maybe back to quot old fashioned quot wireless At least those were quot always on quot or Bluetooth Keyboard problems whatever you d call it It s a Microsoft mobile keyboard and mouse There was a small install CD that came with them I don t know if the dongle would make any difference Thanks nbsp

A:Bluetooth Keyboard problems

Well, on the hopes there was something in the Bluetooth app that I missed, I went back and took another look.

Not much there, really. But I enabled Bluetooth Network (even tho I only have the BT keyboard and mouse and no other BT devices) and enabled sharing with other BT devices (I guess between the keyboard and mouse and dongle or ?).

None of those seemed particularly applicable when I looked at them before, but
whichever one of those did something, I did a test on the keyboard and at least
yet it hasn't shut off even waiting several minutes.

Actually, would be nice if everything PC / Windows would be that simple!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-keyboard-problems.193985/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a dell dimension 2400 running vista, pentium 4 pross. purchesed a dua core pross. I cant find a bios to work with my computer help.

A:Looking for BIOS to work with my computer

gary szabo said:

I have a dell dimension 2400 running vista, pentium 4 pross. purchesed a dua core pross. I cant find a bios to work with my computer help.Click to expand...

Any files for your machine will be found here. - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dimension-2400
If you need further assistance please feel free to start a new thread. This thread belongs to someone else. By the way, welcome to TechSpot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-bios-to-work-with-my-computer.193327/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi guys I have an HP Compaq DX one Work in Slots Don't USB/SD Built of their business designed desktops It s one of the models which has a build in set of UBB SD Micro SD slots etc however only the USB slot works I can plug an SD card into the slot not at the same time as anything being in the slot and the light which tells you it s registered an SD card shows up but nothing on My Computer I m using XP Professional I ve looked in Disk Management and when I plug in Built in USB/SD Slots Don't Work the SD card in to the slot it shows up but it has no Drive letter I have tried assigning a Drive Letter Path to each slot however when I try it comes out with the error quot This operation did not complete because the partition or volume is not enabled To enable the partition or volume restart the computer quot Now I ve tried restarting several times to no success I ve made sure the slots all have drivers and they claim to Can you help I m pretty much at the end of what I know nbsp

A:Built in USB/SD Slots Don't Work

Check the settings for Autoplay in the Control Panel (at least Win/7 has it there).
"using XP Professional" may need a registry hack . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-in-usb-sd-slots-dont-work.192951/
Relevancy 19.78%

My keyboard has sudden ly stopped working , all the lights work as dose the button to switch the back lights on and off but appat from that its totally unresponsive

ive tried 2 other keyboards safemode reboots updating drivers deleting drivers and replugging in keyboards different usb ports , am I missing something really stupidly obvious here using onscreen keyboard to type everything so appologies for abruptness

many thanks

Relevancy 19.35%

I have recently seen a great graphics card that I want to buy for my computer. The only thing is I don't know whether my computer will bottleneck if I add the graphics card and PSU.

My current PC: http://goo.gl/2eBq7
It is overclocked to 3.6Ghz.
The graphics card I want to get:http://goo.gl/pT5r7
And the PSU: http://goo.gl/P276F

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Chris

A:Unsure if my new graphics card will work with my PC

This is a better choice of a PSU: http://www.corsair.com/en/power-sup...00-80-plus-bronze-certified-power-supply.html
The A8 will somewhat bottleneck the GPU, but for the most part, it is fine.
As for your overclock, how were you able to overclock a non-unlocked CPU on a OEM motherboard with no aftermarket cooler?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsure-if-my-new-graphics-card-will-work-with-my-pc.192557/
Relevancy 16.77%

Guys am new to forum forgive me for my errors

my laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc. when I connect it to lap it jest hang on posting(power on self test) but when I connect it to my pc it works. also when I boot with linux mint cd it shows that hard disk is not good

A:Laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc

The partition is good (assuming you can read data when attached to the PC) but the MBR is corrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-hard-disk-is-not-working-on-my-laptop-but-work-on-my-pc.192107/
Relevancy 19.78%

I've just bought a new WD My passport 2TB 3.0 external hard drive and for nor love or money I can't get it to work.....

As I plugged in the device my computer pick ups " new hardware device added" with the ping sound. Yet when trying to install the drivers It stays stuck on the " Instal wizard will guide you" dialogue box.... it then prevents me to connect to the internet and the the only way I can remove the " Install wizard...." dialogue box is to shut down tha comp by maually holding down the power key.

Anyone help me out on this,,,I'm going to return it if I can't get it sorted.... really not happy with the brand western digital so far.

Also the drive is not visable in "My Computer"

A:Just bought WD My Passport 2TB and can't get it to work

What version of Windows do you have installed? External USB hard drives usually don't need any additional drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-wd-my-passport-2tb-and-cant-get-it-to-work.191378/
Relevancy 19.78%

Well our shops second Envision Professional Series monitor has started to die. Its taking longer and longer to bring out of sleep mode, and if it follows the pattern of the first one in about 3 weeks it wont turn on at all .
So before I am at the mercy of the box stores in town I thought I would start shopping for a good monitor.
I need to keep it under $400.

The monitor will be mostly used for design work on signs and posters. Larger stuff most of the time. I have never shopped for a monitor for graphic design before, only for gaming so I'm not quite sure what to look for.

Any suggestions?

A:New Monitor for graphic work

What are the requirements for your work?

Physical Size?
Screen Resolution?
Refresh Frequency?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-monitor-for-graphic-work.190902/
Relevancy 19.78%

Does anyone know if this brand of wireless headphone works with PC? In fact, I don't even know how to hook it up to the TV, to be honest. It's a Royal WES50 Wireless Headphones, as stated in the title. Comes with a Jack Plug Adapter ( 3.5mm/6.3mm diameter ), RCA Socket Audio Adapter, Audio Connection Cable with 3.5mm Jack Plug, Audio Input Cable. The only reason I got this is because I live in an apartment complex and needed something that I could use with my PC and my TV. ( Wii. )

Any recommendations or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.~

A:Royal WES50 work with PC?

The 3.5mm plug is standard and can be hooked up to a PC. I don't know anything further to this, sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/royal-wes50-work-with-pc.189478/
Relevancy 19.78%

I am on my work computer training I am at a hotel alone the manager is not answering the phone PC sound coming my from work No So yeah when its slow I am supposed to go throught the work training program The thing is no damn sound comes out of this pc I looked at the system sound in control panel its up I tried other apps no sound I looked at the device drivers they look fine In hardware and sound it lists speaker I have it selected as default the volume is set properly There are other sound devices I tried both of them and no sound I selected only show connected sound devices However upon No sound coming from my work PC inspecting the pc there is no speaker plugged in and from what I can No sound coming from my work PC tell the monitor has no sound What the smell Ill ask my manager in hours but I thought maybe someone had an idea here I googled how No sound coming from my work PC to use my phone as a speaker but only came up with dead ends ps mm looks like windows updates is off gonna give this beezy a tune up nbsp

A:No sound coming from my work PC

Buy some headphones and plug em in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-my-work-pc.189287/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have problem with keyboard, its doing mistakes and some buttons doesn't even work.

First, after computer get wet by tea, my computer shut downed and doesn't start like a hour and a half. After that computer starts, I was top of the day until I saw that my keyboard is f***ed up.

Any tips please?

A:Laptop got wet, some keys don't work

Shut it down and dissassemble it as much as you are comfortable doing, then put it in front of a fan. A space heater on the lowest setting if you have one.

Unfortunately for you, you did about the worst thing possible after spilling a drink on it. You should not have tried to turn it back on. You should have left it off until you were reasonably sure everything was dried inside, and you should have tipped it upside down to get all the liquid possible out of it asap.

You might be able to take it mostly apart and wipe down everything with some high percentage isopropyl alcohol to clean it up some.

Alternative is to use a USB or bluetooth keyboard. But I wouldn't recommend running that system without making an attempt to clean up any residue left inside.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-got-wet-some-keys-dont-work.189181/
Relevancy 19.35%

There is a problem with a friend's laptop keyboard. It is said that he had to press on the keyboard key hard for it to register to the computer. Upon removing the key cap, pressing on the gasket and also exhibits the same problem as well. In comparison, a key without the problem require very little force on the gasket for the key to register.

Is the problem with the gasket itself or underneath?

A:Keyboard key needs to be pressed hard to work

Laptop keyboards are easy to replace... and not too expensive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-key-needs-to-be-pressed-hard-to-work.188466/
Relevancy 14.62%

My current ram is DDR2 so will any DDR2 work?

A:If my RAM is DDR2, will any DDR2 work?

Its best to match the speed at which you know your motherboard will operate.

DDR2-533
DDR2-666
DDR2-800
DDR2-1066
Which motherboard (computer model number would suffice) do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/if-my-ram-is-ddr2-will-any-ddr2-work.188571/
Relevancy 19.35%

I was planning on buying one of he amd fm1 socket processors for my comp due to the fact im lazy and I don't think a new motherboard will fit in my tiny store bought computer case. Was wondering if it was dumb if I just chose to upgrade my cpu to that because I already have a non integrated gpu installed and I just dont wanna be wasting money.

A:Will a CPU with integrated graphics work with my motherboard?

A CPU with integrated graphics won't work unless it is installed on a motherboard that supports it. The motherboard has to be specifically configured for it, so in your case, I doubt that it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-cpu-with-integrated-graphics-work-with-my-motherboard.188102/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello Geeks,
I am going to upgrade my computer. I am going to set up following configuration:

CASE: Cooler Master CM 690 II Plus Mid Tower Cabinet
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.4 GHz (LGA 1155)
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2x4 GB)
Mobo: ASRock z77 Pro4 Mobo
PSU: Cooler Master Thunder 600 Watts PSU OR Corsair CMPSU-600GUK 600 Watts PSU OR Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts PSU
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1 GB GDDR5 OR Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5

I want to know will this configuration work perfectly? any compatibility issues? Any suggestion or modifications?

Thanks !

A:My new PC configuration -- will this work?

What are you gonna use the PC for? Which games? What is resolution of your monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-pc-configuration-will-this-work.187854/
Relevancy 19.35%

HI all,
I have two CAT5 cables that work great with my Mac Book Pro but will not with my Win 7 laptop. The laptop works fine with other cables but not these two specific cables, any ideas appreciated.

A:CAT5 cables work great with Mac but not with Win 7

Use the Device Manager to verify that the onboard NIC has its driver and is enabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cat5-cables-work-great-with-mac-but-not-with-win-7.188169/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a wired usb 'logik' keyboard and the following buttons don't work

z x a s q w
capslock
esc
1 2 3 4 7 8 9 0
tab

seems most of the buttons not working are on the left

how can this be fixed?

A:Some buttons on keyboard don't work

Getting a new keyboard? plug keyboard in to a different USB slot?
sounds like its done to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-buttons-on-keyboard-dont-work.187536/
Relevancy 19.78%

My specs (that you need to know to answer the question):
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz
750w Corsair PSU

I'm upgrading from a Radeon HD 4870, so that should give you an idea of what my motherboard is like. I'm pretty sure my motherboard etc is compatible with the 7850 but I wanted to double check with some more tech savvy people, before I go ahead and buy it.

I'm planning on buying a new mobo and cpu soon, just can't afford to buy all these parts at once.

Thanks!

p.s. sorry if it seems like a stupid question.

A:Will the 7850 work with my CPU and motherboard?

Yes, the 7850 (and all modern GPUs) use the same PCI-E interface as your 4870.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-7850-work-with-my-cpu-and-motherboard.186560/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all
I have just noticed that my keyboard doesn't work on certain screens. Specifically the system restore screen where I have to label the restore point. I cant type anything in. I don't get the blinking cursor in the input box. I get the italic I cursor when I put the arrow cursor in the box but when I left click to anchor the cursor and start typing nothing happens. So maybe a mouse problem too. I noticed it in a software registration window too. Running windows xp sp3. microsoft usb keyboard and a wireless logitech mouse
Thanks for any help

A:Keyboard doesn't work on certain screens

Change batteries?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-doesnt-work-on-certain-screens.187413/
Relevancy 19.35%

Will a CPU from a Asus P5P800-MX motherboard work on an ASRock P45X3 motherboard? I believe the CPU on the Asus board is an Intel LGA 775 and the ASRock board says it takes an Intel LGA 775 CPU but I want to be sure because there could be other things to know about before knowing they will work or not. Any help will be great, Thanks.

A:CPU from an Asus P5P800-MX work on an ASRock P45X3

Which CPU are you questioning?
P45X3 Deluxe - CPU Support List

The ASRock P45X3 doesn't appear to support CPU's that have a 533MHz Front Side Bus.
The ASRock P45X3 does appear to support CPU's that have a 800MHz, 1066Mhz, and 1333MHz Front Side Bus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-from-an-asus-p5p800-mx-work-on-an-asrock-p45x3.187285/
Relevancy 26.66%

Morning all The audio jack on my tablet has stopped working which doesn t bother me too much because I ve got some bluetooth headphones which I use to listen to my music on there However I ve got a huge flight coming up soon with my partner and there s loads of TV shows I have on it that we d ideally want to watch and listen to together If only my audio Multiple headphones bluetooth out worked I could just put a headphone splitter into it But I Multiple bluetooth headphones m trying to investigate whether you can get a bluetooth receiver like this http www amazon co uk JUSTOP-BTR -Bluetooth-Wireless-Universal dp B NDDEVQ So that receiver will pick up the audio then pass the audio into something like this http www amazon co uk Belkin-BKF s electronics amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Which I can then plug two sets of headphones into and bingo we can both watch and listen to the same thing on my tablet on the plane Would that work Or have I created a ludicrously complicated way of achieving this when a much simpler multi-bluetooth audio out system exists In a nutshell my question is this What s the easiest way get audio to two sets of headphones from one tablet if the audio out plug doesn t work nbsp

A:Multiple bluetooth headphones

I dont think your bluetooth audio adapter is able to drive 2 headphones at reasonable volume level. unless, you get a small headphone amplifier. but then you'll have 3 devices connected and I think it's not worth the hassle. the amplifier itself is cheap, look for something like fiio e3. I have it and it should cost less than 10 bucks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E3-Hea...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353073889&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-3-5m...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353073843&sr=1-2

a single alkaline AAA battery could last for about 10h on my heavy usage. but im not sure if the bluetooth adapter could do the same.

bluetooth adapter -> fiio e3 -> 2way splitter

actually this way, it wouldnt be too much of a hassle. the 3.5mm jack of the bluetooth can be plugged directly into the fiio e3 as well as the 2way splitter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bluetooth-headphones.187262/
Relevancy 19.35%

My integrated webcam doesn't work

A:Integrated webcam doesn't work

What is the make and model of the device the webcam is integrated into?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-webcam-doesnt-work.187058/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello about weeks ago my wifes acer aspire laptop showed an unwelcomed operating system not found on the screen I have since removed the cover and felt and listened to Acer hard Aspire 5536 Will Samsung work in drive HN-M101MBB the hard drive and it is definitely not even spinning up either that or it s the most calm quiet hard drive ever I think the hard drive failed I am considering purchasing the hard drive listed below for this acer aspire computer will this hard drive work in this computer I don t want to make the mistake of purchasing it and find out it doesn t work because it s too much capacity or LBA addressing is incorrect or some other reason the expert advice I request is most appreciated here s links to newegg and info about the hard drive http promotions newegg com NEemai MC-IGNEFL - -EMC- -Index- -E - -All http www newegg com Product Produ -Index- -LaptopHardDrives- - -L O SAMSUNG Will Samsung HN-M101MBB hard drive work in Acer Aspire 5536 Spinpoint M HN-M MBB TB RPM MB Cache quot SATA Gb s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive nbsp

A:Will Samsung HN-M101MBB hard drive work in Acer Aspire 5536

Basically, it depends on what version of Windows you are running and make sure that the laptop has a SATA or PATA connection...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-samsung-hn-m101mbb-hard-drive-work-in-acer-aspire-5536.186635/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi I recently bought a blackberry phone (at&t) and unlocked it in jamaica (to use all networks) but even with my plan on it says "your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book"
and that I'm to check with my service provider to enable the browser.
Digicel (service provider) has sent this over 15 times and still no success I cant get on to the browser at all to select options or got o or so forth.

It's a bold 9000 and I've checked the time, did battery pulls, wipe the phone, update the OS to version 5 and still no success.

I can use BBM on my plan and check emails so the plan works and opera mini works on wifi but not on plan, the browser doesn't work at all.

A:Blackberry browser won't work

Remove and re-install the battery. Or restore the Blackberry to factory settings if you can

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blackberry-browser-wont-work.186700/
Relevancy 19.35%

My phone has a screen lock on it. So the phone boots up and reaches the screen lock part where I can go about unlocking it and doing whatever I will with my phone. however the screen wont respond to any touch. It is an Android and the phone is a Samsung intercept.

also... :/ 3 days ago I dropped in it a puddle. I've been drying it out for few days under weak heat from a heat lamp but I tried it yesterday and I had the problem mentioned above ^. any suggestions, or am I screwed?

Thanks,
Sprinter

A:Smartphone touch screen won't work after booting up

I'm afraid you will have to get a new phone. Who is your wireless provider?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smartphone-touch-screen-wont-work-after-booting-up.185857/