Windows Support Forum

Does Windows 7 have AHCI drivers at install

Q: Does Windows 7 have AHCI drivers at install

I have found on different boards if I install in AHCI mode Windows seems to quot find quot the drivers for running in AHCI RAID mode at install If I install in IDE mode it does not and I have no option to switch to AHCI RAID if needed In the past you had to press F or whatever and install them from a floppy I think this is no longer the case with Windows Can anyone confirm this I don't AHCI at Does have 7 Windows drivers install even have a floppy and never will I will install in AHCI so I have the choice in the future Is there any down side to doing this and am I right Also - I know there is a registry quot hack quot you can use to boot into AHCI after installing in IDE but why does everyone not install in Does Windows 7 have AHCI drivers at install AHCI so they have the choice Am I way off here Are you planning to install in AHCI to have this benefit

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Does Windows 7 have AHCI drivers at install

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Does Windows 7 have AHCI drivers at install

Quote: Originally Posted by nate42nd

I have found on 4 different boards if I install in AHCI mode, Windows 7 seems to "find" the drivers for running in AHCI/RAID mode at install. If I install in IDE mode, it does not and I have no option to switch to AHCI/RAID if needed. In the past you had to press F6 (or whatever) and install them from a floppy. I think this is no longer the case with Windows 7. Can anyone confirm this. I don't even have a floppy and never will. I will install in AHCI so I have the choice in the future. Is there any down side to doing this and am I right?

Also - I know there is a registry "hack" you can use to boot into AHCI after installing in IDE but why does everyone not install in AHCI so they have the choice? Am I way off here? Are you planning to install in AHCI to have this benefit?

What you are asking in found in the BIOS settings. Read the manual supplied as to how they (manufacture) wants things done.
my MOBO allows (F6) also (F11) and (F12) - (F2) is master access to Bios.

Quote:
I don't even have a floppy and never will.

then burn to a CD or DVD or USB. your choice. but some manufactures demand that you install there xxxxxx via floppy disc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/30378-does-windows-7-have-ahci-drivers-install.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I reformatted the HDD on my pre-built Acer Predator G5900 (think that was the model). I had to download the Realtek Lan drivers from the Acer site to get internet access. On the site were two other drivers which I haven't yet installed and am not sure if I need:

AHCI_Intel_9.5.0.1037_W7x64_A
Chipset_Intel_9.1.1.1020_W7x64_A

I've been running Win7 without these drivers for a couple of weeks now, but I do feel that performance is slightly lower than it was before, though I could be imagining it. Are these safe to install like any other driver (gfx drivers for example), and would they have any benefit?

Thanks.

A:Install Intel AHCI & Chipset drivers?

when u reload windows you always load the drivers from the mfr......... in your case u would load the chipset drivers (your version of win' 7 32 or 64 bit???) then reboot....... then u would load lan,sound and onboard vga drivers .......... reboot between each

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-intel-ahci-chipset-drivers.1087069/
Relevancy 70.52%

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P61-S3 (rev. 2.0)

Ive installed the rest of the drivers provided by manufacturer except the SATA RAID/AHCI ones.The Intel Rapid Storage Technology gave me an error that I dont meet the system requirements so I no longer insisted with the others. Hmmm, why are these listed for my motherboard then? or what exactly are they?
I was thinking I need to instal first the "Intel SATA Preinstall driver(For AHCI / RAID Mode) Note: Press F6 during Windows setup to read from floppy" -the last item on the list -but dont know how , there are just some "sytem files, security catalog, setup information". You can fast download and checked them.

A:Unable to install SATA RAID/AHCI drivers

If you have install the Chipset drivers, Sata drivers are part of the chipset.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16502-unable-install-sata-raid-ahci-drivers.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi Everyone I have just installed an SSD into my computer running XP migration from mechanical drive to SSD was simple with the help of Paragon Migrate OS to SSD Everything is working ok however I would ideally like to set my BIOS to AHCI it is currently set to IDE Towards this end I have been trying to follow the tutorial How to enable AHCI after having installed Windwos XP I am at a loss concerning how to install AHCI drivers install XP AHCI (and drivers migration) Trying post to installation SSD on my ASUS M A L-M LX motherboard because it features an ATI chipset on the Southbridge as can be seen from the CPU-Z screen capture below - The instructions in the tutorial specifically focus on an Intel chipset and they mention that I should be able to right click on each of the quot IDE Channel quot entries under Device Manager and manually update the driver However whenever I do this with the appropriate driver downloaded from the ASUS M A L-M LX support page Windows informs me that it cannot find a quot better driver quot and leaves the existing one in place I have attempted to enable AHCI in the BIOS without following the instructions provided and was met not surprisingly with a BSOD and a quick computer restart After setting the BIOS back to IDE the computer boots again Trying to install AHCI drivers post XP installation (and SSD migration) so I haven't done Trying to install AHCI drivers post XP installation (and SSD migration) any damage to XP thankfully I am now at a loss regarding how to proceed if anybody has any advise can you please let me know Kind Regards Davo

A:Trying to install AHCI drivers post XP installation (and SSD migration)

You might try the instructions from the Superuser forums (I'd try the green checked one first).

AHCI drivers for your motherboard:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5...rt_Download_17

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trying-to-install-ahci-drivers-post-xp-installation-and-ssd-migration-705041.html
Relevancy 69.23%

see second post.

I have a 3TB drive D: for data formatted with GPT.

Had BIOS OnChip SATA Type set as "RAID" "As SATA Type" from back in the day. When I took out the RAID, I forgot to change this to AHCI when I reformatted and got rid of RAID drives!

Changing to "AHCI" "As SATA Type" as shown in image in second post, causes Windows 7 x64 to lose / not see the GPT on my drive D: and it wants to "initialize" it as MBR or GPT-- no way!!

A:cloned C:, installed AHCI drivers, changed BIOS to AHCI, D:'s GPT gone

ok, returning to BIOS and setting back to RAID, as AHCI typeenabled me to view the drive D: again
C: drive seems to be running much more slowly again.
these drives are plugged into the OnChip SATAWith AHCI as SATA typeno drive D:

With RAID as SATA typehave drive D:
but C: definitely dog-tired-slow
I really should not have fiddled with this at 3AM on a Sunday morning!!! Bah, I'm a pro, what could go wrong???

I'm not sure why changing to AHCI causes windows to miss the GPT on the D: drive.
Can I back this GPT up and restore it? Detect it after changing to AHCI? this is my only large drive, I can't back up the entire fricking thing.

The other question this makes me ask is how do I keep my GPT when I move to another motherboard? I don't trust the GPT like I do MBR hm....

edit: changing back again, it does not seem any faster. Doing more reading, it's ok to leave it as RAID because AHCI functions are still available no? So I really shouldn't gain/lose any performance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353119-cloned-c-installed-ahci-drivers-changed-bios-ahci-d-s-gpt-gone.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Dear drivers to Advice IDE xp switching - - (post Frustration install, AHCI) updating SATA all I d be grateful of some clear advice I have Frustration - Advice - updating SATA drivers (post xp install, switching IDE to AHCI) intalled XP pro on an Acer Aspire The label says G but in the F menu it hasn t got it To do so I switched SATA mode to IDE as in Frustration - Advice - updating SATA drivers (post xp install, switching IDE to AHCI) AHCI it could not detect the harddrives dban nuked prior to this Frustration - Advice - updating SATA drivers (post xp install, switching IDE to AHCI) Before I install SP or anything else I would like to switch back the AHCI As far as I know to do this I need to install the correct SATA drivers Acer provide only Vista drivers I found a Russian acer-dedicated site that listed drivers for xp Therefore I believe this to be my best shot at having the right drivers However despite lengthy reading I cannot for the life of me work out how to install the new SATA drivers My device manager reads this IDE ATA ATAPI controllers -Primary IDE Channel -Primary IDE Channel -Secondary IDE Channel -Secondary IDE Channel -Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller -Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller I have no idea which of these to update what file is relevant to each and of course when instructions refer to fding AHCI or RAID drivers this is not present In the file of SATA drivers I downloaded I have files including iaStor setup information iaStor system file iaStor security catalogue iaAHCI setup information iaahci security catalogue TXTSETUP OEM Can anyone make sense of this for me and advise me as to how to perform this procedure Alternatively if someone has a different source of drivers has already done this has another straightforward way then I am all ears The russian site looks comprehensive but is very hard to follow I am not a computer genius I simply learn what I have to as I go along so please advise me in simple step-by step terms that I can follow I can provide more system information if required Thanks Eddie T nbsp

A:Frustration - Advice - updating SATA drivers (post xp install, switching IDE to AHCI)

is this what you d/loaded

http://alter.org.ua/soft/win/uni_ata/

http://superuser.com/questions/427340/how-to-enable-ahci-in-windows-xp-without-reinstalling

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frustration-advice-updating-sata-drivers-post-xp-install-switching-ide-to-ahci.1096484/
Relevancy 64.93%

This happened when I was booting today after turning it of last night after using it successfully since I bought it The AHCI Drivers are corrupt Windows won't load it is stuck on the load screen Trying to repair windows using the various F options doesn't work because they won't load either Even the recovery partion won't load it's stuck on the Acer E Recovery screen quot please wait quot and it is stuck for several hours on this Now in BIOS when I change to IDE mode it will load the various F options like trying to fix windows but the problem doesn't solve itself Also the recovery partion does load but it only gives me an option to install everything to factory settings not just reinstall windows However Windows won't actually boot on IDE mode so I 7 Windows Corrupt AHCI Drivers can't actually get into Windows Therefore my AHCI drivers are corrupt while the IDE ones are fine How do I install fresh AHCI drivers to fix my corrupt ones from a USB stick I do not have a windows install disk it is all on the recovery AHCI Drivers Corrupt Windows 7 partion recovery disks Windows Home Premium Acer AHCI Drivers Corrupt Windows 7 Aspire Laptop G gb ram i m Ghz ati radeon

A:AHCI Drivers Corrupt Windows 7

If it is still under warranty contact Acer and they will probably ship you out a new HD with a image on it ASAP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/204171-ahci-drivers-corrupt-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

i am asking the question for a friend he has only GB hard disk space left so he choose install windows xp not windows seven Opera System Windows Experience Service Pack Mother Board MSI South Bridge Z he followed tutorial to do http forums pcper com showthread php t Only changed the registry Windows Registry Editor Version HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control Cr iticalDeviceDatabase to xp? install in Intel windows AHCI how PCI VEN amp how to install Intel AHCI in windows xp? DEV C amp CC quot Service quot quot iaStor quot quot ClassGUID quot quot D E A-E - CE-BFC - BE quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Servic es iaStor quot Type quot dword quot Start quot dword quot Group quot quot SCSI miniport quot how to install Intel AHCI in windows xp? quot ErrorControl quot dword quot ImagePath quot quot system drivers iaStor sys quot quot tag quot dword quot DisplayName quot quot Intel AHCI how to install Intel AHCI in windows xp? Controller quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Servic es iaStor Parameters quot queuePriorityEnable quot dword HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Servic es iaStor Enum quot quot quot PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC amp SUBSYS B amp REV amp c b c amp amp FA quot quot Count quot dword quot NextInstance quot dword i help him edited this registry after enable Intel AHCI in UEFI it give him BLUE SCREEN i not sure he is using EFI or UEFI so please tell me what is wrong nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-install-intel-ahci-in-windows-xp.1044254/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

Is there anyone able to help me with changing the SATA Controller mode from RAID to AHCI (in BIOS) after install without having to re-install Windows 8?

I am suspecting Intel RAID controller to be causing some problems with system stability and would like to move to software RAID (storage space) in Windows 8 and give it a try.  When I change the BIOS settings from RAID to AHCI in the SATA controller
mode, Windows 8 wont boot and running a system repair will not do neither.

I found this KB, but it is for Windows 7 and wont run on Windows 8? Anything similar for Windows 8?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

A bit of details about the system:

System: Windows 8 pro 64
Primary HD (OS Only + bitlocker): Intel SSD 520 ? 240 Gb
Data HD (user files +bit locker): 2x WD RED 2T running in RAID 1
Motherboard RAID Controller: Intel DP55WB -  latest BIOS and Intel RST 11.6?.1030 driver

Thank you.
/David

A:Changing from RAID to AHCI after windows 8 install

In Win8, the key MSAHCI is renamed to StorAHCI. Look at this key and set the value there."A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f8e21fa-4e68-4e48-aa70-6e173764bda1/changing-from-raid-to-ahci-after-windows-8-install?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 60.2%

TLDR I'm unable to install an OS without setting drives to IDE and not AHCI and I cannot successfully change it to AHCI retrospectively Hi I've been struggling for days with getting a stable installation of Win Pro bit or Windows Pro Version N bit working on an OCZ Arc gb Backstory I AHCI Unable install to 8.1 with N Windows 64bit help!! Pro bought a new SSD an OCZ Arc GB to replace an existing Plextor GB I Unable to install Windows 8.1 Pro N 64bit with AHCI help!! had had a Windows Pro install running solidly with no problems for a couple of years note though it was not a UEFI setup With the new SSD I tried for days to clone and then create from scratch a new Windows UEFI install but failed constantly and all of the information I found seemed to suggest it was all around a secure boot problem I spoke to OCZ and they asked me to RMA the drive I then got a replacement I then decided to bite the bullet and invest in Windows in the vain hope it would relieve the issue however it turned out to be just as bad and really it was an AHCI problem all along In both the Win and Win installs I had been setting CSM to UEFI Only Secure Boot to UEFI only disabling fast boot but without any success it was only when SATA was set to IDE I could finally complete an install this time on Windows However later setting it back to AHCI would then stop it booting I read various guides on how to change it and switch it to AHCI but everytime I tried to start again it would not start up I concluded there must be some kind of storage driver issue however there doesn't appear to be any SATA AHCI specific drivers for my mobo on the Asus site for so are presumably inlcluded however I even tried similar mobo R Evo and R LE and chipsets and presenting the drivers during install but that came to nothing Getting thoroughly sick of it all I settled for having IDE only and successfully did a clean install of and went about installing all my stuff happy days at last a working PC I would say though that it didn't seem the most stable OS install ever as occasionally it would freeze on the logon screen or freeze randomly during use sometimes it would come alive again and sometimes not That was yesterday but for the majority of the time it was good Current situation Today in the hope of finding an answer to the stability issues I was going through the usual series of driver updates and I updated the Asus bios from to this morning and that set my sata to AHCI I spotted it and set it back however it now won't boot at all and gives me an xc error I've now been round the houses again repairs and recovery disks messing with EFI settings and boot managers like this Qlik Tips Fix a Windows boot issue but nothing seems to work I am sadly resigned to likely having to start again however if I do that I will need to fix this AHCI IDE boot issue once and for all as it's clearly been a problem in all my attempts If I could get into the current OS first it would be a bonus as then I could copy out every download I'd just made to reinstall everything would save me time when I presumably have to rebuild Tech Specs Asus M A R mobo OCZ Arc gb Corsair XMS GB x AMD FX XFX HD X-Fi SB Seagate GB SATA Hitachi GB SATA I've genuinely put days and days into this now I just want it to end and go back to using a PC like normal can anyone help Thanks Mat

A:Unable to install Windows 8.1 Pro N 64bit with AHCI help!!

just to add to this I can currently get in via Macrium Reflect Free so it's all still there. If anyone can direct me as to what might help in getting my files out that would be good. This software can't do it but I imagine there are others that can. If my drives are squiffy as well then let me know. I tried the fix boot problems option in here but when it reboots I still get the 0xc0000034 error.

During other investigations today I have learnt that my XFX HD7850 card is not UEFI compatible so that may be something causing a problem too.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/66070-unable-install-windows-8-1-pro-n-64bit-ahci-help.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I wanted to make a new thread and mark the old one solved with great help from Kaktussoft so that I can continue to fine tune the progress I've made I will also write up what I did to get this to work so that people can benefit from it but I want to first get the finishing touches in So Install After On Windows Configuring Progress AHCI Made 7 in my mad dash to download anything that looked remotely like an AMD AHCI driver I found the following downloads and really hope to get some clarification I've pasted the driver syntax into some pastebins so if someone feels up to the challenge to figure out which one actually did the job First I installed one of the following and not sure which And then when I rebooted I checked Device Manager and saw that one of the ATA channels actually called quot AMD SATA Controller quot I selected it and chose to update drivers and it found something on the internet and upgraded itself again This is Progress Made On Configuring AHCI After Windows 7 Install great and all but I expected a nice boost in the performance of my OCZ Vertex which boasts of MB s Sequential Read and MB s Sequential Write Here's before and after Don't get me wrong I'm glad I managed to get AHCI working post install but such a small increase tells me something is still wrong No

A:Progress Made On Configuring AHCI After Windows 7 Install

Personally I would start from the beginning and reinstall Window with AHCI already enabled rather then spend days/weeks trying to make the existing one better. Just use the below tutorial which applies to retail also and all should be fine
clean-reinstall-factory-oem-windows-7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350896-progress-made-configuring-ahci-after-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 59.34%

As the title says I just can't install 7 on it, I've tried compatibility mode and it just get's stuck half way and stays that way. I'm fixing this for a friend and have never come across this before. I've taken out the hard drive and checked it on my PC and the drive seems fine as I checked it with crystal disk, I formatted it and still the same results. Any ideas would be helpful. I might try Xp and see will it install that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/392628-cant-install-windows-7-toshiba-c660-ahci-mode.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Samsung 840 Pro SSD (256 GB) and I installed windows seven on it, but not in AHCI Mode. I was going to change that now using this method: GUIDE - Enabling AHCI mode AFTER Windows 7 Installation - Guru3D.com Forums

It says that it works for all Intel SSDs, I assume this would work with mine as well, but I want to be sure before I accidentally mess something up. Also, is there any disadvantage to doing this as opposed to just installing Windows Seven in AHCI mode to begin with?

Lastly, I have all of my user folders on my HDD, and I'm wondering if it's safe to change these settings which Samsung's Software recommends without interfering or causing trouble with the HDD. Here's images of the recommended changes:

A:Questions About Enabling AHCI Mode After Windows Seven Install

ROBO731, follow this tutorial

AHCI : Enable in Windows 7 / Vista
As far as Samsung Magician, I am not sure. Someone else with a Samsung can answer that for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293218-questions-about-enabling-ahci-mode-after-windows-seven-install.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello- I am getting ready to install an SSD in my system. I'm pretty sure the AHCI driver is in place, but not sure. I also believe that it is activated in the BIOS. Is there a way to be sure?
Please note attached image of Device Manager-

Thanks for the help!

tim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/384172-ahci-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tried to update my AHCI drivers with Asus but WIN7 came back stating that their drivers were better than the ones ASUS have. Now install: Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller. The ASUS driver that I'm trying to install; AMD_RAIDAHCI_V3315402_V120010269_XPVistaWin7 on my F1A75-V PRO MB
It seems to be working fine but just would like the latest drivers install if possible.

A:Tried to update my AHCI drivers

Get it from here,

AMD RAID/SATA Drivers

Asus may make good hardware, but they are one of the worst about providing driver updates much beyond one or two (if that) past what came on the driver disk. The board has an AMD chipset so just get them from AMD. That and I checked the INF in the one from Asus and the DevID's all match the one's in the reference AMD driver, so it will work on yours no problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/192585-tried-update-my-ahci-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok so I've been trying to install the latest SB drivers on my Vista Ultimate system with no luck If I turn on AHCI I Drivers SB600 AHCI get a BSOD I know the process about rebuilding everything from scratch ugh but don't want to go there How does one install the drivers on a working Native IDE system I know that the driver file ahcix s sys need to be copied into the system drivers file and I also know that I need some registry SB600 AHCI Drivers settings to appear that I can see using REGEDIT but I can't seem to get those created The driver package I have has an ahcix s inf file but it won't install When I right click on the file and select Install I get the message The inf file you selected does not support this method of installation Can someone post the registry entries one needs to create Is there a way of forcing the creation of the right registry entries

A:SB600 AHCI Drivers

I finally got it working! So I've switched from Native IDE to AHCI without having to reinstall Vista. I'm not sure if this is still an ongoing problem with people but if anyone is interested I can post my method here.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/171694-sb600-ahci-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a simple problem here... I know some people knows the solution..

Can we put all ahci or sata driver in windows xp? So that every laptop that support ahci or sata we can install direct xp without changing from sata/ahci to ide...

Because my problem here some bios not have option for changing ahci/sata to ide... I must to configure always the windows xp to put a driver for ahci or sata...

I hope some people share there solution.. Or if they have the windows xp with all ahci/sata driver support can you share it?

Thanks in advance...

And sorry for my english...

A:about ahci or sata drivers...

and welcome to the Forum

You can slipstream the sata drivers on the XP CD, follow the instructions in this guide :

http://www.digitgeek.com/how-to-slip...rs-into-xp-cd/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/about-ahci-or-sata-drivers-490367.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been looking all night Googled and checking HP website out looking for the ahci sata drivers so i can install my new copy of windows 7 onto the laptop as its not seeing the drive.

Wondering if anyone had any ideas where i could get them from its a HP 6000 and its annoying me now as I have been looking for a while.

A:Do the AHCI sata drivers exist?

Windows 7 has built in ahci drivers,but the drive has to be ahci compatable.
Most of those drives,as far as I know,are solid state drives.
If the drive is not compatable,you need to set the drive controller to sata or IDE mode in the bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-the-ahci-sata-drivers-exist.976738/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,
I run hackintosh so I need to set the SATA to AHCI.
I installed XP PRO with no problem using the F6 Floppy drivers.

after that I installed vista x32 with the drivers from intel's web site with no problem.

Now I wanted to move and install a fresh copy of VISTA ULT x64bit

but I can't install the proper driver for it.

I dloaded the 64-bit Floppy Configuration Utility for Intel? Matrix Storage Manager (227KB) 8.2.0.100

Copied the driver to USB disk.

but when I tried to "LOAD DRIVER" during VISTA's install I loaded the ICH9 driver
After that I got the message "NO DRIVES WERE FOUND"

WTF?

Why am I having trouble installing the x64 version?
can anyone direct me to a proper driver for 82801IR controller - vista x64 driver!

damn!

BTW I did manage to install this Vista x64 in IDE mode...
HELP!

A:AHCI drivers for Vista x64 ultimate

Just follow the instructions on the Microsoft Knowledge Base page below. They will tell you to enable AHCI via a registry edit, then you reboot and turn on AHCI mode in the bios for your motherboard. I've done it this way many times and it works.

Error message when you start a Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive: "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/171929-ahci-drivers-vista-x64-ultimate.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I got ISO file WINDOWS Ultimate SP x September and I think each time I got same problem with that drivers not recognize disk issue few times I got same problem and each time diferent solution help On Lenovo IdeaPad Win 64 AHCI storage 7 drivers bit with etc. problem I just download THIS driver and all go OK Than app month ago on HP DV nothing help and I take YUMI pendrive creator and just make bootable USB Win 7 64 bit problem with storage drivers AHCI etc. key without any drivers extra added and install go like in story Today I got HP probook s and nothing help I take chipset drivers from HP support and extarct exe with zip and add divers on folder with just on that USB and same problem like allways Few months ago I see one web page with all this AHCI drivers but I forgot make bookmark so Im in blind spot now Any idea how solved this problem I cant make slipstream because I got only bit version computers in my house Thank you for any support

A:Win 7 64 bit problem with storage drivers AHCI etc.

Lenovo IdeaPad and HP probook 4730s.

Two different computers. They are behaving the same way, storage device is not recognized.

If you installed windows in both of them using the same .iso file that you are talking about, it may be some reason that the iso is corrupt itself.

Follow Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 .... the source of good iso and the proper method of installing windows to make it driver complete itself is mentioned there in details.

Hope it will fix your issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/321481-win-7-64-bit-problem-storage-drivers-ahci-etc.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone,

I searched the forum but didnt found good solution.

It is not a bios ahci ide setting...

I have a big problem with drivers rst, I'm unable to see my other drives. I uninstalled and reinstalled different versions included working version on another identical clone system.

Do you knows of an ideal version ?

I also checked for hiddens devices unused drivers...

I restore drivers with a backup, doesnt works...

Any idea what to do ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:win7 x64 ahci drivers problem

Nobody knows hpw to resolve this ?

In fact, Its the amd display drivers that is the problem. I tried installing differents versions with no result. Always the error 0xc00007b...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398772-win7-x64-ahci-drivers-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everybody next thursday I will have a Tosh laptop VISTA SATA/AHCI XP - drivers over with VISTA onboard which needs to be changed to XP I will only have it from to next day this is NOT the best way of doing things - I know The laptop XP over VISTA - SATA/AHCI drivers is a Satellite A - B Part Number PSAJ E- T FG http eu computers toshiba-europe oadvision session new Yes amp PRODUCT ID I have downloaded and prerared unzipped and burned to a DVD ALL the drivers for XP on the Tosh site I have looked at various guides from you guys http forums techguy org windows-vista- -guide-installing-xp-win k-after html http forums techguy org print -how-install-xp-after-vista html and few others I plan to use Acronis V to shrink the Vista partition failing this I could use the VISTA partitioning but I have NEVER SEEN VISTA in my life yet create the XP one and install XP there then re-enable the VISTA dual boot This should be the quot safe quot option keeping VISTA until XP is functioning verified OK etc Then afterwards we may decide to delete the VISTA partition entirely and make the XP one active if I understood it right that partition would be complete with its own boot in NTLDR etc But there is one issue which bothers me This is the SATA AHCI drivers issue I have two options a disable the SATA support in the BIOS assuming that I can find the switch b install the support This has been discussed in a number of posting such as http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -disk-does-not-contain-windows html etc b is described by toshiba at http aps toshiba-tro de kb HTD AN R htm The problem is that this procedure relies on USB Floppy drive I have one of those but it is NOT a Toshiba one we all know Murphy s law so it will require drivers to be install to work i e it will not be seen by the XP setup What are my other options Can the XP setUp disk see a USB memory stick USB drive Can I burn the drivers to another blank CD I have seen references to Slipstreaming http lifehacker com slipstream-service-pack- -into-your-windows-xp-installation-cd http wiki eeeuser com slipstreamsp http www nliteos com but I have never done this before and I am a little nervous about it because of the time constraints Is this my ONLY option apart from disabling SATA in the BIOS - which as Gswiss found out and reported in http forums techguy org print -how-install-xp-after-vista- html nd page at the bottom -sorry the print version doen not keep the message number - it is -Aug- PM quot I don t know whether this has to do with the SATA disk On the HP I disabled SATA Native Support in the BIOS and everything went fine In the Dell Bios I found no equivalent option quot Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone,

I searched the forum but didnt found good solution.

It is not a bios ahci ide setting...

I have a big problem with drivers rst, I'm unable to see my other drives. I uninstalled and reinstalled different versions included working version on another identical clone system.

Do you knows of an ideal version ?

I also checked for hiddens devices unused drivers...

I restore drivers with a backup, doesnt works...

Any idea what to do ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:win7 x64 ahci drivers problem

Nobody knows hpw to resolve this ?

In fact, Its the amd display drivers that is the problem. I tried installing differents versions with no result. Always the error 0xc00007b...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/398772-win7-x64-ahci-drivers-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi. So I was updating the bios and the laptop shut off. It now will load to the Windows XP screen, load for 1 second, flash a BSOD for 1 second, then restart.

If I switch to IDE mode, it works great. 

Is it possible to update fix the AHCI problem when in IDE mode? 

Asus eee PC 1000he

A:Installing AHCI drivers while in IDE mode?

Hi

Your SATA is originally configured to work in IDE mode. When you updated the BIOS, system loaded  BIOS defaults which apparently reverted SATA mode to it's original state - AHCI. Since your laptop works fine when the interface is set to IDE mode, i don't see any issue at all.

There is a way to change SATA mode to AHCI after installing Windows XP, but it involves potential risk of rendering the OS unbootable (if failed). 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497588/installing-ahci-drivers-while-in-ide-mode/
Relevancy 54.61%

I went through the process of enabling AHCI on my already installed OS My intel series SSD had been running obviously slower and CrystalMark amp AS SSD benchmarks confirmed it I think everything went fine Installed AMD AHCI raid drivers from the ASUS web site changed the registry changed the BIOS to AHCI enabled SMART and booted into AHCI to enabled properly confirm How I drivers and windows No problems no BSOD -went too smooth BIOS confirms How to confirm I properly enabled AHCI and drivers that SATA is enabled to AHCI and all the proper screens popped up showing what the How to confirm I properly enabled AHCI and drivers tutorial said should happen along with the reboots I then saw Brinks post of the new AMD drivers so I downloaded and installed them Everything still works fine and the systems WEI HD subscore has improved from to and Device Manager screen has now changed to does this look correct But after all of this it appears that SMART is not working BIOS says it is enabled fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify says it is on but the Intel SSD toolbox says it is disconnected and speedfan shows nothing under the smart tab So have I really enabled AHCI correctly and what's up with SMART

A:How to confirm I properly enabled AHCI and drivers

When you tried to see if Trim is enabled did you use the command below

fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

It should give you a 1 or 0

1 : Disabled
0 : Enabled

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/294896-how-confirm-i-properly-enabled-ahci-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
Have been looking all over the internet for these drivers, but without luck.
I think the latest Atheros is 9.93, and I have 8.0.0.

In another thread someone suggested PCPitStop - another one of those FREE driver sites, where you can get all the drivers you need; once you "register". I.e pay

Also tried the Atheros/Qualcomm site?? which sells a range of "Killer" products including networking cards, but no 9285. I emailed them, and "bigfoot company" replied saying they don't have.
Then there is Atherros.cz, who have a LIST of all drivers (versions??) but cannot see anywhere to d/l.

Then there is Sony itself (my machine) which has the drivers, but thet is where I got my current (outdated) one - as of 5/5/11.

Also having a struggle with the ATA/ATAPI one, and a Ricoh SDXC/MMC one.
SO, where can I get these drivers??

Regards

A:Where can I get Atheros WNA AR9285 and ATA/ATAPI AHCI drivers

did you look here:

Download Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter and Upgrade your Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with the Latest Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/220227-where-can-i-get-atheros-wna-ar9285-ata-atapi-ahci-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am trying to install some widcomm bluetooth drivers but everytime I plug in the usb adapter windows install it's own drivers. I tried manually updating the drivers from device manager but it doesn't allow it.
Is ther a way to stop windows from installing the drivers to begin with?

A:Trying to install widcomm drivers. Getting overrun by windows drivers

First. Do not connect the usb device.

Install the drivers for the device, and only connect the device when either prompted to do so, or after the installation is complete.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-widcomm-drivers-getting-overrun-by-windows-drivers.33611/
Relevancy 52.03%

HI, I just installed windows 2000 professional onto my computer. Everything works fine except that the resolution is really grainy. On some web sites I cannot even make out what the words are. I found out that when I go into my monitor settings in display properties I am unable to install the drivers for my monitor. Does anybody know a way in which I can get around this.

A:monitor drivers unable to install on fresh windows 2000 install

Are you really referring to the monitor drivers or the Dispay Adapter drivers?The symptoms you describe sound like the latter issue.

Monitor drivers are no big deal to install, and even if you don't, Windows should use compatible plug and play drivers. Still it's a good idea to install them -- but you get them from the Monitor vendor site. You get the Display Adapter drivers from the Display Adaptor vendor's site.

What Display Adapter model do you have? And are they properly installed?

To install a Monitor driver, you download and unzip the .inf file from the Vendor. Then you select "update driver" and browse to the location of the file you unzipped. Once installed your Monitor should be recognized by model number.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-drivers-unable-to-install-on-fresh-windows-2000-install.354181/
Relevancy 51.6%

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite C50 loaded with windows 8 but want to revert to windows 7.

I have downloaded the necessary drivers and have mounted the .exe files onto a USB pen for installation.

Before I proceed to wipe windows 8 I'd like to know - if I install 7, will my trackpad stop functioning?

If so, how do I install the relevant drivers from the USB pen?

Thanks, John

A:Clean install of windows 7 - how to install drivers from USB memory stick?

99.9% sure that W7 will identify the trackpad and install it. You just run the exe's using file explorer or Start >Run then browse. You may decide to leave the laptop as the W7 install left it but you should check Device Manager to ensure there are no unrecognised devices

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73750-Clean-install-of-windows-7-how-to-install-drivers-from-USB-memory-stick
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone this network install boot-up after XP sp3 problem Windows and install Hi! drivers is my first time here Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem as it has made everything grind to a halt My main computer just died so I figured I'd take my old computer which was never hooked up to the internet in order to always keep it clean as a baby's rear end and use it to run either diagnostics and or data recovery software on my malfunctioning C drive from my dead computer The Hi! Windows XP boot-up problem after sp3 install and network drivers install old computer had XP pro sp on it with a P processor and an Intel board The first obstacle was getting it online Simply plugging in the networking cable did nothing After endless amounts of reading it seems that because they computer was never meant to be online the networking or LAN drivers were never installed After many tries and much confusion I finally had someone find them online for me put the drivers on a thumbdrive and after a few attempts I was able to get this old girl connected But I must say for those who don't really know what they are doing very well the procedure for setting up the network connections was anything but easy The automated system for doing it failed every time No reason way So I finally managed to do it manually somehow To be honest I don't even remember now When you attempt to do something for hours in a row trying every possible solution it's easy to forget specifics Anyway I got hooked into the internet The next step was upgrading to SP which I had already placed on the desktop of the computer years ago That seemed to go well In addition to the LAN drivers I also had a bios update The person who got those for me knows far more than I do so I simply clicked on the exe for the bios update without questioning it which I assume was the latest version made for this old motherboard the Intel D PBZ After it was started it said to wait at least minutes An hour later the screen was still black Something was clearly wrong After more exhaustive trail and error it seems the bios update changed what I guess is called the Boot order I think So I figured out how to get into the bios I'd already been warned to NEVER change anything there without advice from an experienced individual Sure enough the st boot device was set to a floppy drive which the computer doesn't have Not knowing which of the three hard drives the OS was on I simply kept changing the boot order and on the second try Windows booted up All was well Or so I thought I started the long process of putting Firefox on it and making small changes All of this was for no reason other than gearing up for the upcoming data recovery attempt on the dead C drive from my other system I started browsing all of the many programs available for this purpose and R-Studio was decided upon Again all seemed well I had not yet even got the point of downloading the R-Studio recovery software yet when something horrible happened Sorry for taking so long to get to the point but I am always afraid I'll leave something important out which will help you guys advise me At this point I had to restart the computer for some reason Can't remember why After seeming like it was going to restart as usual it was taking to that black screen which asks you if you want to boot up in safe mode safe mode with networking normal mode or the last known good configuration Huh Why on earth did that happen I hoped it was just a minor glitch and it would be resolved after the restart So I selected Start Normally if that's what the terms were and it didn't work it just brought me back to the same black screen asking which mode I wanted to boot up into This time I selected Safe Mode Same thing right back to the black mode selection screen So I tried Normal again and it didn't work of course But I did notice something which might be important During the first few seconds while it was attempting to boot into Windows normally I... Read more

A:Hi! Windows XP boot-up problem after sp3 install and network drivers install

After tapping F8 is there a selection called Disable Autorestart on System Failure? Select it and the next time you boot the BSOD will stay on the screen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624621/hi-windows-xp-boot-up-problem-after-sp3-install-and-network-drivers-install/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Guys I am hoping someone can help I am having trouble installing the AHCI driver when doing a clean install of vista bit The trouble is that I can get to the point of installing the driver but when I click to the next step two Things happen is that I get a screen saying that the drive may not boot correctly and when it goes back the the screen that shows the hard drive that I was going to install to the drive is no longer present Infact not Driver can install with AHCI there are no drives to choose from I was wondering if anyone may have had the same problem or may know the answer Here are the specs ot the system that I am trying to install to M B Gigabyte GA P DQ H D S Seagate G B Sata x Video Gigbyte GTS I have tried drivers from the M B c d that comes with system and also the driver from the web site Thanks guys and I look forward to hearing from you Darren P S Due to the time difference here in OZ I might not be able can not install with AHCI Driver to reply to you straight away But I will when I get to view them Thanks Again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-install-with-ahci-driver.658559/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok so have been searching google for a while and came across a few things but still doesnt answer my main question, so i bought a bunch of new hardware including a new mobo and ssd, now the problem im having is trying to decide whether to run IDE or ACHI as there are mixed responses as to whether it will work.

My current setup is 2 intel ssd's and 3 mech hdds with 1 optical drive, so will ahci work?

My board is a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 with 6 sata 3 ports, it does have marvell controller but that powers 2 esata so thats out of the question, but basically everything is going to be plugged into the gigabyte sata3 ports will this cause compatibility issues or run just fine?

Am going to fresh install win7 anyway as i need it installed on my new intel ssd but will install under IDE until i can get a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance.

A:SSD & HDD w/ AHCI Fresh Install

We deal with this every day here. Try in AHCI mode first as it confers a slight advantage and is more modern. If it fails then use IDE mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/247133-ssd-hdd-w-ahci-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So I switched over to the SATA setup via BIOS in attempt to improve my SSD performance. I knew I had to reinstall on the SSD but my I am not able to read or even format my second HDD that was also in AHCI. Is there any way to (would be awesome if) read, or at least format my drive so I can use it again? I tried disk management and other options within the OS and couldn't format.

it's an MSI 990xa gd-55 mobo. Which I am ashamed to even own because it sucks.
MSI USA ? Motherboard - 990XA-GD55

A:Is there any way to read an AHCI HDD from ATA install?

You could try booting with a recovery disc which should get you into an off-line mode where you might be able to use the "diskpart" command. Just be careful:
DiskPart Command-Line Options

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/34991-there-any-way-read-ahci-hdd-ata-install.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using the latest extracted Intel Matrix and INF install drivers and no matter what I try Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) will not load the AHCI drivers during install. It will not even recognize the HDD if I enable AHCI in the BIOS.
I have to wait until after the install is finshed in IDE mode, then, apply the reg hacks and copy iastor.sys to the drivers folder, reboot into BIOS setup and enable AHCI mode for AHCI to load.
I've run out of ideas.

A:AHCI will not load during install

Have had similar problems...

ACHI driver issue W7x64

Am trying to find the time to reinstall, but there are a number of links and ideas already in the thread url above...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/32494-ahci-will-not-load-during-install.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I?m going to reinstall Windows 7 on an SSD (120 MB) I just bought. I know I need to set the bios to AHCI mode for the SSD. I also have a RAID (2 x 250 MB 7200rpm) array I would like to use for data storage. I was going to install windows with only the SSD connected and then connect the RAID array. My problem is I can only set the SATA ports on AHCI or RAID. What do I set the bios on to have both installed? The MB is an Asrock 760GM-GS3.

A:AHCI or RAID for new install?

RAID is the same as AHCI but with raid features.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/314028-ahci-raid-new-install.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop. I installed XP SP3 fresh from scratch, and I had to set AHCI to IDE in the BIOS in order for the install to complete. I finished the XP install and installed Dell drivers for video, wireless & LAN. When I go into BIOS again and re-enable AHCI, Windows does not boot up. I get a few lines that flash on the screen that I can't read and it reboots. If I turn AHCI back to IDE it boots up normally. How can I get AHCI turned back on after having installed XP?

Thanks

A:Cannot re-enable AHCI after install of XP SP3

You cant if you want to stay with xp. to run windows xp correctly it has to be in the IDE mode. in most cases AHCI is used only for the vista and windows 7 operating systems. if you try to change it back and run xp it will blue screen on you or wont boot at all.unless a computers BIOS only has one setting and theres no other choices listed then and only then can you use the AHCI mode to run xp, vista or windows 7 equally well with no glitches.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-re-enable-ahci-after-install-of-xp-sp3.1117092/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Asus P AD -E premium motherboard AHCI is available in the Bios but I did not need it when I installed WinXP install Enable after AHCI to Need WinXP Pro now I need it to run Need to Enable AHCI after WinXP install my external Sata backup drive I have followed many methods none of which work for me I have an Intel Southbridge ICH R chipset Itel FB I have downloaded and followed the instructions for the Reg files and have the correct Iastor sys in the System drivers folder etc when I reboot I am supposed to enter the Bios enable ACHI reboot and when Windows is trying to install new hardware I am supposed to stop it and run the Intel driver installer in my case iata enu exe I can't ever get Windows to reboot I am in a cycle that starts Windows then shuts down and restarts until I return the Bios to what is was Sata I was hoping someone had information that could help me solve this Thanks Jim

A:Need to Enable AHCI after WinXP install

usually you have to install the drivers at first install of the os but i think i have seen a thread around here were someone suggested to basically do a os repair and just add the ahci drivers, if i recall correctly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-to-enable-ahci-after-winxp-install-339118.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys I am hoping someone can help I am having trouble installing the AHCI driver when doing a clean install of vista bit The trouble is that I can get install vista Driver AHCI cant in to the point of installing the driver but when I click to the next step two Things happen is that I get a screen saying that the drive may not boot correctly and when it goes back the the cant install AHCI Driver in vista screen that shows the hard drive that I was going to install to the cant install AHCI Driver in vista drive is no longer present Infact there are no drives to choose from I was wondering if anyone may have had the same problem or may know the answer Here are the specs ot the system that I am trying to install to M B Gigabyte GA P DQ H D S Seagate G B Sata x Video Gigbyte GTS I have tried drivers from the M B c d that comes with system and also the driver from the web site Thanks guys and I look forward to hearing from you Darren nbsp

A:cant install AHCI Driver in vista

Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) mode is a BIOS option in my computer for the SATA hard disk controller. It lets the OS use Native Command Queuing (NCQ/aka SATA mode) to reorder disk read or write requests to make the reading and writing more efficient, particularly if the disk is very busy.

My BIOS has options IDE, RAID, or AHCI mode. RAID includes all of the ACHI features and Intel recommend that you choose the RAID before you install an OS because changing it afterward can be painful (or "unsupported" if you have an Intel motherboard!).

The process in Vista seems to be less painful than in Windows XP because VISTA includes AHCI drivers by default. However, if AHCI mode was not enabled at the time you installed Vista then the new drivers will not be loaded, and if you change the BIOS setting then Windows doesn't boot.

Simple solution:

Start with IDE mode selected in the BIOS, and boot Windows Vista.
Exit all Windows-based programs.
Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
Reboot, and change to AHCI mode in the BIOS. Windows will detect some changed hardware (anything connected to a SATA port).
For good measure I downloaded and (re)installed the chipset drivers for my motherboard. I have an my motherboard uses an Intel G33 chipset and I wasn't sure if I needed to install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager, but when I tried it told me that I already had a more recent version of the software installed. I guess part of the chipset driver package overlaps with the Storage Manager software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-ahci-driver-in-vista.658560/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi.

I have the GA-EX58-Extreme Board and have just installed the pre release of Win7 7600 64 bit. Normally i have experience to get the BSOD when in staling with AHCI active in bios so i change to IDE mode. Installation went flawless and also the change to AHCI mode on Intel ICH10R controler went normal. As always i got problem to change the J micron controller to AHCI and of cause i got the BSOD again. I installed the latest R1.17.48.16 driver and tryed again but no luck. Can some tell me what i am doing wrong. ? I have a hardisk and a dvd drive attached to the J micron Sata connection.

A:Intel Sata controler ICH10R AHCI + Jmicron AHCI error

You may not be doing anything wrong...or at least, you're doing the same wrong thing that I am. I've never been able to get that jMicron deleted to work in AHCI mode.

So, I hang the optical drive and the port for the e-SATA connection to the external backup drive off it and run it in IDE mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/16685-intel-sata-controler-ich10r-ahci-jmicron-ahci-error.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'd like to be able to install just the driver and do it during the installation of Windows rather than after which would just mean upgrading from the default microsoft driver. I can't find the download on Intel's site for just the driver without the whole RST package and I also need information on exactly how to do the install during the Windows installation.

Sorry for my noobness and thanks in advance for any help and information anyone can provide.

A:Installing Intel AHCI driver during a Win 7 64 bit install

What's your motherboard make and model?

https://hardforum.com/threads/installing-intel-ahci-driver-during-a-win-7-64-bit-install.1904463/
Relevancy 50.74%

Want to pick up a ssd for my XPS 8000. Noticing that there is no AHCI in the bios. Is there a way around this?

I was hearing that I can set the BIOS to RAID and that will force AHCI. Is there any info on this?

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

A:SSD install on XPS Studio 8000 ( no AHCI in BIOS )

Hi Domchin,
Your system supports the use of an SSD (at SATA II speeds), but does not support AHCI.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19482762
Relevancy 50.74%

I installed an Akasa sata front panel Akasa PC Front Panel with SATA Data Power to Gsata only device all other drives on sata connectors including boot drive In the bios Gsata was set for IDE mode I plugged a sata drive into the sata front panel started the machine and all is well the drive is fully functional I would like to be able to hot swap to the Akasa so I changed the Gsata setting in the bios to AHCI and restarted but it seems to still be running in IDE mode Dev Mgr shows ' port Serial ATA storage mode AHCI Install 64 After Vista Verifying controller - A ' Questions How do I verify AHCI mode for the drive plugged into the sata front panel If it is still running in IDE mode how can I force AHCI Is it advantageous to 'force' AHCI for the drives including boot on the other controller sata and would stability issues arise Relevant Specs Vista Ultimate GA-EP N-UD Verifying AHCI mode After Vista 64 Install R mainboard P Q sata controller Seagate sata HDs DVD Gsata controller Akasa Front Panel with sata drive plugged in Thanks James

A:Verifying AHCI mode After Vista 64 Install

An update to the issue:

After doing a little more research, I found this link:

Error message when you start a Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive: "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

It relates to enabling AHCI after Vista is already installed. No need to go through the process for XP, as is demonstrated here:

HOWTO: enable AHCI mode after installing Windows - PC Perspective Forums (for XP, not Vista)

All one needs do in Vista (and only if enabling AHCI for the system drive) is one registry change.

At any rate, I decided to try plugging a sata drive into the Akasa front port with the system running and, lo and behold, auto-play popped right up and offered its options. I opened an explorer window and could see and manipulate the contents of the drive.

So, if anyone wishes to enable AHCI after a Vista install, it's quite simple. Just do it. But remember, if you enable AHCI for the boot drive, you must edit the registry (as in the 1st link) to tell Vista to load the AHCI driver (Msahci.sys) **before** you enable it in the bios.

James

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/195061-verifying-ahci-mode-after-vista-64-install.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I bought my laptop last year and it came new on on a SSD HP install my Mode ENV... Problem AHCI enabling with these stats Operating System Windows Processor Intel Core i - U with Intel Problem enabling AHCI Mode on a new SSD install on my HP ENV... HD Graphics GHz MB cache cores Processor family Intel Problem enabling AHCI Mode on a new SSD install on my HP ENV... Core i processorMemory GB DDR L- SDRAM x GB Storage TB rpm SATA nbsp I upgraded to Windows straight away Now I realised Problem enabling AHCI Mode on a new SSD install on my HP ENV... the only thing holding my system back was the HDD Last week I bought the Samsung EVO GB It's great but I have one problem Before replacing the hard drive with the SSD in device manager it came up IDE ATA ATAPI gt Standard SATA AHCI Controller Now after doing a clean install of windows it comes up nbsp IDE ATA ATAPI gt Intel R Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller When I open the magician software it comes up in red writing AHCI Mode Deactivated IDE OR RAID and it also says SATA Interface N A beside it See attachment My problem now is I have no idea how to enable AHCI mode and there is no option to do it in the BIOS How do I stop this problem from coming up in Magician I can find no option anywhere to enable AHCI mode Also can someone explain the difference in the two different things under IDE ATA ATAPI in Device Manager Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Problem-enabling-AHCI-Mode-on-a-new-SSD-install-on-my-HP/td-p/5782762
Relevancy 50.31%

I bought a brand new SSD, installed it in Windows 7, and there is no option in my BIOS for the SATA controller (to switch between IDE and AHCI Mode). How do I determine whether my computer's sata controller is using IDE or AHCI?

I want to make sure that my AHCI controller is enabled and not IDE when using TRIM.

If anyone can look at the picture below and determine whether my computer is default in IDE or AHCI, then I will mark this as Solved.

Thanks.

A:No AHCI option in BIOS, is my computer default in AHCI or IDE?

Run this tool and see what it says,

AS SSD Benchmark 1.7.4739.38088 Download - TechSpot

It will show you what mode it's running in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335210-no-ahci-option-bios-my-computer-default-ahci-ide.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My mouse keyboard usb dac and virtual dvd drive are all having problems with drivers I can own, install can't let Windows on me won't its install. manually drivers plug my keyboard in wherever I want and use it in the bios but once i get to windows i have a whole two usb ports that my keyboard works in anymore This is the result of a number of failed attempts by windows to find and install generic driver software which I don't actually need Windows can't install drivers on its own, won't let me manually install. because the keyboard works just fine in some ports and before i accidentally let windows try to find the drivers it worked smoothly in the others as well This is the case for all of the listed devices Whenever I ask windows to install driver software it tells me that i have to insert a disc incidentally Windows can't install drivers on its own, won't let me manually install. none of these devices come with discs because windows si supposed to have the drivers by default When I click other options and set it to browse my entire drive for drivers it gives me an error message that says that it found driver software but the selected file could not be found For everything and then whatever it is is unable to work in that port again I tried downloading microsofts intellipoint drivers and that didn't work Windows can't install drivers on its own, won't let me manually install. Please help me fix this so I dont have to re install

A:Windows can't install drivers on its own, won't let me manually install.

It sounds like you're not logged in as the administrator?

If you right click on one of the .exe files and select "run as administrator", does that work.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/294338-windows-cant-install-drivers-its-own-wont-let-me-manually-install.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a PC that is all SATA, including the DVD drive. I prefer to set the SATA controller for AHCI for the bit of extra performance. However, build 7000 will not install from the DVD drive set like that. So I changed the SATA controller to IDE and was able to install build 7000. I then manually changed the SATA driver to AHCI, rebooted and changed the SATA controller to match. That works, of course. With build 7057, however, I was able to perform the install with the SATA controller set to AHCI. A nice improvement.

I also noticed two other things. The magical 200MB hidden partition is now 100MB, and I think I saw a speed improvement copying HDD to HDD. At one point I saw 130MB/sec copying back files to the C: drive (new 500GB Hitachi) from the V: drive (year-old 750GB Seagate). This PC has an ancient 3.2 GHz P-4 on a new motherboard.

Bye.

A:Build 7057 Fixed AHCI DVD Install Problem

Sorry but, my built 7000 x64 was installed on a SATA in AHCI mode without any problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/5466-build-7057-fixed-ahci-dvd-install-problem.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

I have a Dell inspiron 5342 and want to install windows7 x86 ( 32bit) on it.
When i start to install OS,  the step 2 (where it extracts the files) goes till 57% and stops.

I checked google and found that it is dur to the AHCI controler and i would need to chage the bios to IDE support.

When i chekced the laptop BIOS it does not have support for IDE, and ONLY AHCI is in the list.

So i want to know how can i install a 32bit windows 7 with just AHCI support.

( I tried to install 64bit version and it install fine. I have a software which will work only on windows 7 32 bit so that is why i need windows 7 32 bit )

PLz Help

A:how to install win7 32bit on laptop with only AHCI support

I think the problem is your media and not Windows 32bit which should install because it also has native AHCI drivers. You can download an iso from here that matches your version. Burn the disk and see if it installs. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545444/how-to-install-win7-32bit-on-laptop-with-only-ahci-support/
Relevancy 49.88%

I installed a clean win xp professional OS on a new rig (quad processor), no issues. Then I did a Acronis recovery from a uniprocessor pc, and installed the correct mobo drivers. Still no issues. The I did a restart and a repair install to load the mobo sata and AHCI drivers. The pc restarts, but everytime I open a program from windows, for example Windows Explorer, or Software from the configuration screen, or Network Connections, I get a window with "Windows Installer", waiting for something to load.

The version of windows on my old pc is sp3, after the repair install (I used a win xp slipstreamed with sp2), I see sp2 on my info screen of computer properties.

What should/can I do to solve this Installer window?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-repair-install-used-to-load-sata-ahci-driver-306733.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've had some problems with drivers after installing Win 7. Got all that fixed and had a problem getting the pc switched on. Changed WOL settings and it seemed better, but I was getting a checksum error.

I then found this thread-

I followed instructions, but now after restarting it is a black screen and stuck with-

LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM...
MISSING OPERATING SYSTEM

A:new Win 7 install enable AHCI - Missing operating system

By pure chance I hit F12 to see if I could get SAFE MODE but it came up with option to boot from CD / HD etc.

I chose HD and then it gave me options from USB3 or something with a long sequence of numbers. I guessed that was my hard drive. It now started Windows.

I guess that is the boot sequence?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343709-new-win-7-install-enable-ahci-missing-operating-system.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I was actually getting ready to post here about my x problem but reading other posts realized that my motherboard drivers were freakishly out of date versions forgot about them last time I was installing a system I dled all new ones installed them all performed a restart and then used newly installed ASUS Suite to update my BIOS Not sure if that's relevant but after that last successful startup there was a bunch on popups asking for promision to launch several application related to the driver update I imagine I agreed to all of those and nothing beyond that happened I did not restart computer again before performing BIOS upgrade BIOS itself seems to work just fine When I attempted to start system with new BIOS my computer restarts about Drivers" Windows install to option. drivers How Recovery "Load using sec after starting animation begins I can only launch it in quot Startup Repair quot mode and it communicates that automatic repair was impossible For those reasons i can't provide that archive with dumps and whatnot Safe Mode isn't working either I'll rewrite problem signature quot System Repair quot provided Problem Event How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option. Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature unknown AutoFailover BadDriver OS Version Locale ID Forgive me shitty formatting but am on the phone right now

A:How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option.

See if you can do a system restore from boot (option two here - System Restore )

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365501-how-install-drivers-using-windows-recovery-load-drivers-option.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am installing a clean windows7 for my acer laptop. But i found that the driver provided include Intel iAMT , SATA AHCI and wimax Driver which i didn't use before. Do i have to install it ? Because my friend told me once only install those that you are using,for exp if 2 wifi driver provided.... only install the one I am using.

Tq

A:Do I need to Install Intel iAMT ,SATA AHCI and Wimax Driver

The first two are not a must, but if you dont install WiMax, your WiFi connection/Proset will not work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/311757-do-i-need-install-intel-iamt-sata-ahci-wimax-driver.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I had to change the motherboard to another brand and restored an image from the older Windows7 installation which used AHCI. I can boot using IDE in the BIOS and I noticed that the 'standard ahci 1.0 serial ata controller' is missing in the device manager. The registry for msahci.sys is fine and set to 0.

When I switch to AHCI in the BIOS, Windows doesn't boot. It's stuck at "starting Windows" screen. I get the same problem when I try to boot from the DVD and do a repair.

How do I install the AHCI driver so that 'standard ahci 1.0 serial ata controller‏' shows up? I have all kinds of boot disks like Erd Commander, BartPE, Ultimate Boot CD, Active Boot CD which could help?

A:standard ahci 1.0 serial ata controller‏ is missing. How to install?

From what you say, it doesn't sound like W7 was actually installed in AHCI mode on the old machine.
To change from IDE mode to AHCI you could follow this tutorial:

Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/117851-standard-ahci-1-0-serial-ata-controller-missing-how-install.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So I downloaded the driver updates cause my computer has been having BSOD and what not and the folder name is "Intel_RAIDAHCI_XPVistaWin7" But theres no .exe to install it? How do I install it? And would this not being up to date cause BSOD?

A:ICH10 Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller -How to install?

You should get the updates from the mother board manufacturer. Click the Downloads tab select OS.
Get the latest by date. They are designed to be compatible with your brand and model mother board.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1366 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0)

Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/128877-ich10-family-6-port-sata-ahci-controller-how-install.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I hope someone here has a solution to my problem I did a clean install of Win Pro bit to a computer with an AMD G chipset Everything went smoothly until I tried to update to the AMD SB AHCI driver The AMD driver seemed to install without error but on the reboot there was a BSOD People who run AMD systems with the series south bridge might be familiar with previous problems with the AMD AHCI driver when AHCI Driv AMD 64bit Install BSOD on Clean but after reboot installing Windows where a line in the amd sata inf file had to be edited to prevent a BSOD I thought I might be dealing with the same problem but that file doesn't seem to have that same error I've 64bit Clean Install but BSOD on reboot after AMD AHCI Driv been searching here and with Google but I haven't stumbled across a solution so far Edit After 64bit Clean Install but BSOD on reboot after AMD AHCI Driv running AMD's installer a log is generated that reports successful installation of the AHCI driver but with the BIOS set to AHCI there is a BSOD Switching the BIOS to IDE allows the computer to boot

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/15482-64bit-clean-install-but-bsod-reboot-after-amd-ahci-driv.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Can someone hit me with a link for manually installing the AHCI driver and switching the OS mode for the storage controller.

If I remember right, this is just putting the driver in /sys/drivers, running a script, and making a registry change. Then you reboot, change the motherboard setting, and then install IMSM after the OS comes back up. I don't remember the script, or if it was just a reg edit, etc.

Thanks,

LMHmedchem

A:change storage controller to AHCI mode post install (win7 64-Ultimate)

Normally this is done in your BIOS, once you have the driver downloaded and installed. When that is done, reboot, go in to bios change settings, save and exit and complete the reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/187560-change-storage-controller-ahci-mode-post-install-win7-64-ultimate.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

It seems that I cannot install drivers for my devices. Whenever I plug a USB/thumb drive, Windows should automatically install the drivers for me to use the device but I can't. I tried plugging 2 different USBs but neither of them won't install nor work. Also, I have an EPSON Stylus T10 printer, I turned it on so that Windows should be able to detect the printer and install the drivers automatically but it won't (I'm stuck at the "Installing device driver software" thing then eventually "The device driver software was not installed bla bla bla"). I even manually installed the drivers using the CD but it says "Product could not be recognized".

Thanks.

A:Can't install drivers on Windows 7

Try updating all your MOBO drivers.

From here:

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...ntent=download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/91780-cant-install-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey,
I am having two problems both with installing drivers. The first problem is for my Xporter XT 8GB USB flash drive. It worked fine with Vista, but now when I plug it in Windows 7 tries to install a driver and fails. The flash drive shows up in Devices, but not in Computer. So I cannot access my files in it. The second problem is Windows Updater tries to install a driver for Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN, but failed multiple times. It was working for awhile without the driver, but now doesn't. So I uninstalled the device and reinstalled the driver. Now it shows up as Network Controller and says that it is not configured right (code 1). What do I do to fix these problems? Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Won't Install Drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by norcalnative925

Hey,
I am having two problems both with installing drivers. The first problem is for my Xporter XT 8GB USB flash drive. It worked fine with Vista, but now when I plug it in Windows 7 tries to install a driver and fails. The flash drive shows up in Devices, but not in Computer. So I cannot access my files in it. The second problem is Windows Updater tries to install a driver for Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN, but failed multiple times. It was working for awhile without the driver, but now doesn't. So I uninstalled the device and reinstalled the driver. Now it shows up as Network Controller and says that it is not configured right (code 1). What do I do to fix these problems? Thanks.

Hi and welcome
The vista driver might work if installed in compatibility mode. Your best bet is to go to their website and see if they have a win 7 driver. let us know if you need help installing it
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/43581-windows-7-wont-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello

I'm going to make a clean install of Windows 7 on my new Crucial mx100. My desktop is some years now...and the motherboard i'm using is Asus P5Q. The dvd(motherboard drivers) is to old and will not open in Windows 7. My question is...will windows update find all the proper "drivers" and install them, or do i have to install the "motherboards drivers" like chipset, audio, ethernet and sata from Asus website?
Or if everything looks ok in the "device manager" after Windows 7 install and update...do i still need to download "motherboard drivers"?

Regards Knupp

A:Install windows 7 and drivers

Follow these same steps for Clean Reinstall Windows 7 especially the steps pertaining to drivers which are printed in red.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/360320-install-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi There My computer died about months ago and i wasn t bothered to take it in to be fixed However i found the Windows XP Drivers Windows No After Re-Install XP Home Edition CD that came with my computer so i re-installed that and now the computer works Now when No Drivers After Windows XP Re-Install i open My Computer and go into the Local Disk Drive c the only folders that show are Documents and Settings Program Files and WINDOWS I cant access the internet because when i plug in the No Drivers After Windows XP Re-Install ethernet cord nothing happens When i check the Device manager under the Other devices heading Ethernet Controller PCI Device SM Bus Controller and Video Controller VGA Compatible appear I assume that this is the problem I have no idea what else to do Any help would be Great Thanks P S I ran the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P GC-MX Rev x xx MB- Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys Some might remember me from over at VF I'm having a little trouble installing Seven Professional on my netbook Here's the story Vista Home Basic was OEM installed I partitioned the GB drive into pieces a GB and the other half is whatever is left Pro installed perfectly no problems at all A few months later I ran out of space in the partition so I made a new GB one No install. drivers/windows hdd won't and tried to extend the Seven one I failed So by now the drive is in a pretty bad state Last night I decided to bite the bullet and delete the Vista partition using the installer Partition deleted fine Seven began to install then I got an error No hdd drivers/windows won't install. something about a missing file and the installation stopped Because the installation disk was a copy No hdd drivers/windows won't install. of the one from my PC I decided to use the original disk so again booted the CD accepted the terms Custom installation now this is the problem part The installer does not see the hard drive I then stopped the installation I connected the drive to my PC and formatted it on there the whole drive to NTFS I thought that the installer would see the partition then do it's thing and install on there So again I plugged the drive back into the netbook booted and still got the same problem The installer shows an error on the drive selection screen quot No drives were found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot What I don't understand is that when I first installed Seven it found the drive and installed no problems but now that I have completely formatted the drive there is no driver for it The netbook is an Acer Aspire One h- Yk it's the Vista version GB GB The hard drive is a Toshiba MK GSX It's saying that theres no driver for it If anyone could help me it would be great as I'm completely out of ideas even my dad is and he works with computers all the time Thanks again guys

A:No hdd drivers/windows won't install.

Try downloading the F6 Sata Controller drivers use at Load Driver.
If you can only find F6 drivers for Win xp there will do.
SATA Driver - Load in Windows 7 or Vista Setup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/167020-no-hdd-drivers-windows-wont-install.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi right now I m going around every PC support board I can find in order to solve this problem I ve been having on my laptop For some reason now whenever I try to plug in a new USB device that s plug-n-play meaning it shouldn t require any installation procedure like my PSP an external hard drive or even a new USB flash drive the Found New Hardware Wizard will appear search for the drivers to install the hardware won t find them and then simply won t install the device The only USB devices it takes now seem to be things that were already installed long ago like one of my USB flash drives my mouse my camera and New XP USB Windows Install Drivers Won't my printer Nothing else works When I tried to contact Dell we tried to uninstall every USB driver in the computer and then reinstall them and Windows XP would not accept any of them After that Dell said that I needed to reinstall Windows but I m sure there must be some other way to fix this problem On top of that because nothing new I try works I don t have any way of transferring anything from my computer that won t fit on the MB flash Windows XP Won't Install New USB Drivers drive that I have for it which means I have absolutely Windows XP Won't Install New USB Drivers no way of backing up most of the stuff on this computer Has anyone else ever had this problem nbsp

A:Windows XP Won't Install New USB Drivers

I think it's a procedural issue to make this work.

uninstall the device driver(s) and the HUB too
power off (not restart)
now cable the device to your system and then power it on (if applicaable)
boot your system
The driver for the USB HUB and the specific device should be reinstalled for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-wont-install-new-usb-drivers.69401/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello EF members.

Today, I installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit (Dual-Boot) with Windows 7 and its great.

Now I want to install drivers for my current build.
Can I use Windows 7 64-bit drivers (I will download for manufactuer website) or there is special Windows 8 drivers ?

And one small offtopic :
How to close Apps there (ex. Store or Xbox live) ? There is not legendary "X" and Esc dont work.
I know that is stupid question but..

A:Which Drivers to install on Windows 8 64-bit ?

You should be able to use win 7 drivers if you install them in compatibility mode

(right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose win 7

Upper left corner right click to close.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6447-drivers-install-windows-8-64-bit.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just signed up on the forum and I am really hoping that you guys have some ideas on how to fix the Windows install problem I am having I offered to one of my kids friends parents that I would take a look at their desktop for them as it was not loading windows I ran some diagnostics on it but nothing showed up I figured I would just format and re install Windows which I was able to install asking drivers?? new for Windows 7 format using Acronis as all other attempts failed I was told by a friend of mine who is at a higher level than me in computers that I should go to Microsoft's website and download an image that matches what the Windows 7 new install asking for drivers?? product key Windows 7 new install asking for drivers?? sticker says which is Windows Home Premium I go to the image burned it to a DVD using image Burn and now every time that I boot to the disc and tell it to install windows it will start to load the setup files but will abruptly stop and ask for the location of the drivers I really am at a loss here as the only drivers I have for the computer are two discs' that she gave me Any help would be appreciated The computer is a Dell Inspiron Ghz Gig Ram Other than the specs above I don't know a whole lot about this computer

A:Windows 7 new install asking for drivers??

I wonder if its looking for the Motherboard drivers?Mentioned in thread below.If thats the case you will have to download and pass over by usb.sometimes you can run an install a few times and it will take,but sounds like youv done that.

Also possible you got a bad burn of the iso,you could try a usb install and see if that works.

http://superuser.com/questions/401532/why-does-windows-7-ask-for-additional-drivers-when-installing-from-a-usb-3-0-dri

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540529/windows-7-new-install-asking-for-drivers/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi All,

I've successfully did a clean install of Windows 7 with many thanks to Ignatsatsonic.

I have an old Dell Desktop PC and upgraded the memory to 3GBs, Graphics cards, etc for Windows 7 Home Premium.

Normally I would have installed the following Drivers with Windows XP Media Centre (2):

1. Intel Pro VE 100 Network Connection

Windows has installed this chipset.

2. Control Drivers - Intel Chipset Software (Do I need to install?)

Release Date: 1/22/2007 - Version: A018.1.1.1010
Importance: Recommended - Download Type: Driver
R140595.EXE

3. Audio Drivers - Sigmatel STAC 92XX (Do I need to install?)

This was standard. I've upgraded to an Audigy SE/LE which has been installed by Win7.

4. Video - Intel 82945G Express Chipset

I gather these were the original video drivers. I have a NVIDIA 6800 and installed the new drivers without any problems.

Still can't use to the fact that Win7 does take-over with installing many items.

Thanks,

ms

A:What Drivers to Install for Windows 7

This is not XP. Drivers come automatically. It's called 'progress'. Only if you think you have a problem with a specific driver, manual intervention is warrented.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/224849-what-drivers-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I burnt a copy of the Dell Recovery CD but i also went to http://support.dell.com to get all the drivers i'd need but i have no idea which ones im supposed to d/l.. i put in my service tag and it gave me 66 total items still.. so could someone help point out which ones i'm supposed to d/l?

heres a direct link with my service tag put in...

http://support.dell.com/support/down...&catid=&impid=

i have a new video card and audio card so i lalready have the drivers for those but everything else i have no idea...

A:Help with drivers after re-install of windows..

Hi hype88
Click Start and right click on "My Computer"
and select "Properties". Click the Hardware tab
then "Device Manager". Are there any Yellow question marks
beside any of the items listed for example:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-drivers-after-re-install-of-windows-178795.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys, I have wireless Bluetooth headphones from Koss, they are BT 540i model. They pair and everything but I cannot get sound out of them. I noticed on my other PC, the Windows Device installer in the task bar will download the drivers for the device. For some reason it is not doing this. Anyway to get them manually? I didn't find anything on Koss's site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/392705-koss-bt540i-pairs-windows-but-no-drivers-install-windows-up.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an HP laptop, and it will not boot up.

Have tried safe mode, repair, everything. But no go.

So right now I am reinstalling W7 from the original CDs.

After I get that done, I have the drivers CD. So, my question is what is involved in doing that installation?

A:Clean install of Windows 7 and drivers

Hi Johnneeo. I have an HP driver DVD for my laptop and it is just a matter of popping it into the optical drive and running setup. I usually like to choose the drivers and install them one by one from the DVD. You can run the driver installation automatically, but then you may also get something like MacAfee AV installed as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/271466-clean-install-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Arduino Mega 2560 connected USB to a Windows 10 1607 14393-321 system.

The bd works fine on my laptop printing via Repetier Host. It shows up as a USB-SERIAL CH340 - ver 1607 14393-222
On my desktop it used to work with ver 8. I upgraded to 12 and now Windows won't install the driver. HOWEVER, Windows also updated since prior to my Arduino update and since the last time I used it.
I tried rolling back to Arduino ver 9 - same
I tried installing ver 8 driver, no dice
I tried driver1_CH340 and driver2_CH340
driver1 didn't work at all and driver2 came back with an error after it at least tried.
Anyone got an answer??? Is it Arduino or Windows???
How do I roll back windows to 222?? It looks like KB3194798 is the update to uninstall.
thx

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66948-windows-wont-install-arduino-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I scavenged parts (including the hard drive) from an old Dell XPS to build my current computer. I had to reinstall Windows XP the other day, and now when I try to install drivers from the drivers and utilities CD, I get an error saying "Setup is unable to recognize this computer as a Dell computer and will now exit". Where else can I get these drivers?

A:Reinstalled Windows, Can't Install Drivers

Hello

You can download the Drivers from the MB manufacturer website.

Get the Graphics Driver from the vendor's website.

Please list your full system specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalled-windows-cant-install-drivers-363819.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I'm a noob here so go easy please

Ok so I got an MSDN membership for my birthday (Thanks Dad ) and I'm now downloading Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I wanna know if the drivers are automatically found or if I need to download them and put them on a flash drive first.

Pleease answer fast

A:Does Windows 7 automatically install drivers?

It should install them automatically, but its always a good idea to have them on hand in case you need them..

Welcome to the forums...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40140-does-windows-7-automatically-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Just want to know what the best way to install my drivers on Win XP is i have nothing on my computer except WIn XP. How should i do this just put in the cd that came with my video and sound card or is there a better way? Thanks again.

A:After upgrading to windows xp what is the best way to install my drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-upgrading-to-windows-xp-what-is-the-best-way-to-install-my-drivers.104173/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey all,

I have found that the drivers for my video card are non-existent when Setup goes to perform the initial boot, causing my monitor to lose signal after the Windows Logo. Anyways, I have found that my best option (possibly the only one) is to slipstream my NVIDIA drivers into the iso install and then reinstall the OS. I am unable to get into safe mode on the Windows 7 install due to Setup not completing the initial boot process. Either way...

Does anyone happen to know how to Slipstream drivers into my Windows 7 iso while using XP? I have found numerous ways on how to do it while using Vista, but not much can be found on how to with XP.

Any information would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks all.

A:How to Slipstream Drivers into Windows 7 Install

You using XP now? has to be same architecture as the Target Vista/Seven OS
Best Unattended spot on the web is at msfn.org right now
Se7en_UA6.3.33 final for XP Vista. Use this last version 6.3.33 if you are running XP or Vista
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/138899-se7en-ua-with-sp1-rtm-injection/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-slipstream-drivers-into-windows-7-install.985065/
Relevancy 47.3%

Do you need to update drivers to install windows 10 upgrade for a Revo 70 and does any one know where you can get them please

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Do-you-need-to-update-drivers-to-install-windows-10-upgrade-for/td-p/438815/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

After I installed Windows Pro from scratch it automatically installed my Radeon HD everything worked - Catalyst install won't drivers Windows it won't let fine but Photoshop has some problems in the advanced GPU-drawing-mode So I wanted to see if an original Catalyst driver would work better besides I wanted to have access to the Catalyst Control Center I deinstalled the driver Windows automatically installed and started the Catalyst installer It told me everything went fine and the screen flickered as it always does when you install the graphic card Catalyst drivers won't install - Windows won't let it driver But listed in the device manager was still the one windows Catalyst drivers won't install - Windows won't let it installed at the beginning And the CCC won't start telling me quot Catalyst Control Center cannot be started There are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center quot When I deinstall the driver again and reboot I have the wrong resolution that's how it should be without a graphic card driver installed but only for a few seconds Then Windows kicks in and installs its Radeon-driver again Is there any way to install a Catalyst instead of the one Windows keeps on choosing for me Thanks for the help

A:Catalyst drivers won't install - Windows won't let it

If you have AMD processor and Radeon HD6900 go to the link below and download choice
(1 Automatic Download and Update) once you downloaded small app
Run it and it will do all you want. No need to uninstall any drivers
So long as you have the latest drivers.
Ati Drivers Download - Ati

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/13005-catalyst-drivers-wont-install-windows-wont-let.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So I got my new alienware r two days ago Since I wanted both a SSD drive and a rpm hdd that configuration was not availible I decided to buy the SSD drive from another place and get the DELL computer install on drivers in new 8 recognized windows No SSD! with the TB hdd When I got my computer I first tried to start it and No drivers recognized in new windows 8 install on SSD! everything worked fine All drivers were installed and the system was almost completely up to date and it was ready to upgrade to windows But obviously I want the OS to be installed on my SSD so I opened my laptop up put in the SSD and booted the computer from the windows install USB stick that I got I formatted the rpm drive to remove the old windows install and chose the GB SSD as the drive I wanted windows to be installed on After windows was done installing and I got to the log in screen I had to chose if I wanted to use quot windows on partition quot or quot windows on partition quot I thougt that maybe just formatting the original hdd wasn't enough to completely remove the old windows install but decided to deal with that problem later I chose quot partition quot and it turned out to be the SSD partition and I got logged in to windows And here is where the real problems start Windows did not recognize any of my hardware not even my network card so I had no internet access I was like quot wtf quot but I used a USB stick to download the network card drivers on another computer and installed them on my new alienware computer So now I could go online and I started to update windows Now I noticed that the quot windows update quot was gone I also noticed that windows did not want me to log in to my microsoft account as the previously installed version did I thought maybe it was a problem with not having the right updates so I kept on downloadting updates about updates later it still did not recognize any hardware it still did not want me to log in to my account and the windows upgrade was still nowhere to be found I restarted my computer a few times and got annoyed with the fact that you have to chose what partition you want to boot from every time you log in to windows so I googled the solution and it said that I had to delete the whole TB disk partition and plug the disk out of the computer when installed windows to make the SDD partition the primary one I thought that reinstalling windows might help with some of the non-recognizable hardware issues too so I deleted and plugged out the original hd and reinstalled windows with only my SSD connected This time windows install said some crap about quot installing windows to GPT disks but it worked fine anyways After finishing the installation and rebooting windows I did not have to chose which partition to boot from anymore but windows still did not recognize any hardware I plugged in my hdd and restarted the computer It kind of froze for a minute on the black alienware screen where you can choose to enter bios but then it restarted itself and booted windows This is where I am now What have I done wrong How can windows fail to recognize ANY of my hardware even after countless of updates Also the DELL selfdetect what drivers that needs to be updated does not work either Sure I can download all the drivers directly from DELL but something tells me that I might have to reinstall windows soon again anyways so I wont bother with downloading all the drivers until I've solved the problem with windows acting weird Please help me guys

A:No drivers recognized in new windows 8 install on SSD!

Yes if you did not install the Dell version of their OS, there are going to be issues with drivers. Dell should have all of the drivers for Windows 10 up by now for that machine. They may even offer a free Windows 10 version of what came on that unit, if you bought it during the upgrade promise period when they announced it.

When OEM's were switching from Vista to 7, you could fill out a form at their website and they would send you the upgrade media for the cost of just Shipping & Handling.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69402-no-drivers-recognized-new-windows-8-install-ssd.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone i hope someone can help me out I have read many many forum tips regarding fixes for this issue But before that let me explain what my situation is and then i will go onto what i have tried System Specs -AMD FX- core CPU -Hyper Evo CPU Cooler -Asus GTX GB Top edition GPU -Samsung GB EVO SSD OS Drive -WD Blue TB HDD Storage Game Drive to GTX 670 drivers Unable install to windows 8.1 -Asus M A R AM MOBO - GB mhz Corsair Vengance Blue Ram RAM -Seasonic M II Bronze GM Plus PSU -Display Asus VH H-P Inch -Corsair K Keyboard -Logitech G Mouse OKAY so I had Windows bit installed for a while then i decided to make the jump to Windows when i found it on sale online I downloaded Windows bit to a USB boot drive but saved that for later and installed Windows from the desktop as an quot Upgrade quot from my current system Unable to install GTX 670 drivers to windows 8.1 Then after installing all drivers and setting up my Windows Profile everything was perfect no issues gaming was awesome overall the system was great as it should BUT one day about weeks after installation i was playing League of Legends and my screen went black mid game I reset the computer and from there on out I have been getting the black screen and have been unable to install the Latest and or previous Nvidia Geforce Drivers and every time I've had to Reboot in Safe Mode to uninstall the current drivers and or disable the quot Video Adapter quot to be able to access the desktop st method I tried everything from preventing Windows Update to install anything and then downloading GeForce Drivers going into safe mode with not network access then installing from there but the installer would reach the quot restart to install updates quot then upon restart the black screens would occur nd Method Tried to allow windows to install drivers on It's own and it did install the quot Officially quot drivers but they failed to install just as the previous method did rd Method Removing Re-seating the RAM and Video Card and checking cables and fans making sure everything was functioning properly after removing and re-seating the Components I tried methods and a few times with no success Thanks for any help in advance

A:Unable to install GTX 670 drivers to windows 8.1

Check this link:

NVIDIA GeForce R337.61 BETA Hotfix Display Driver Release

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/46916-unable-install-gtx-670-drivers-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been having problems with Windows 10 Home and after searching around I found that the best course of action would be to reinstall windows.
Having created a USB with the install on it I want to start, however I had my PC made and delivered to me with everything installed including my Graphics card drivers ect. I have the disk for it, and I understand how to reinstall windows but what I don't know is when I would Install the Graphics Card drivers and whether an External Disk Drive would work when completing this process?
I am nervous about reinstalling windows but I feel it is neccisary.

Thank you for reading, and help is appreciated.
Ben

A:When to install drivers when re-installing Windows 10

Originally Posted by benpatten

I have been having problems with Windows 10 Home and after searching around I found that the best course of action would be to reinstall windows.
Having created a USB with the install on it I want to start, however I had my PC made and delivered to me with everything installed including my Graphics card drivers ect. I have the disk for it, and I understand how to reinstall windows but what I don't know is when I would Install the Graphics Card drivers and whether an External Disk Drive would work when completing this process?
I am nervous about reinstalling windows but I feel it is neccisary.

Thank you for reading, and help is appreciated.
Ben

Welcome Ben to Ten Forums. You could make a backup of all your installed drivers 1st. Also makes a complete image backup of your Windows OS too before doing your re-install of Windows. If you choose the Repair Windows method Ben, then you will not lose any personal files or installed 3rd party programs. Only thing you might want to do is whatever 3rd party AV program you may be using is to remove it 1st before repairing your Windows 10. Here are some links Ben, and suggestions.

For making a backup for all your Windows Drivers:
Create a folder on your flash drive or any internal or external drive: Drivers
Open Admin command prompt and run: Dism /Online /Export-Driver /Destination:X:\Drivers
Replace X with the drive letter of your drive.
Or use the freeware: Driver 4.1 Backup Download
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/61...le-driver.html

Link for doing a Repair install for your Windows:
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Here is the link for Macrium Reflect for making a complete image of your current Windows 10 OS
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Hope this helps you Ben
Mike

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47557-when-install-drivers-when-re-installing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows XP, that is. Well, if I am not completely mistaken, hard drives do not need any drivers to work. Right? I mean, I bought a new HDD (Samsung HD753LJ) and I can see it, use it and all... But Windows STILL asks me to install it (you know, the "new device found"-thing) every time I restart my PC. I've told it to "don't ask to install this device again", but it still always asks me to install it everytime I restart my PC 'Tis annoying. Help?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Acer 5715z notebook and going to upgrading it to Windows 7 and how do you install drivers to the computer once I load my new OS?

A:How do I install new drivers after installing Windows 7 7

There are several ways:

1) You have an Acer oem machine with vista, so there may or may not be win7 drivers available. Look up the acer support page for your model and download the win7 drivers if they are available. Of course this can be done after upgrading too.

2) If only vista drivers are available, you can use those but in addition you can locate generic drivers for well known devices such as Realtek high def audio (thats the sound card you have). Your machine has somewhat older hardware such as the 965 express onboard gfx, I think no drivers were released for this one after 2009, you can look up intel's support page for this.

3) Device drivers are also offered through windows update or just go to the device manager, right click on the device then click update. But windows database drivers may not be updated.

4) If you have the .exe file for the driver, just double click to install, if its zipped extract to a local folder first then run the setup file.

5) A nifty thing you can do is to backup existing installed drivers using a tool like Double driver. After upgrading to win7, you can restore any of he backed up drivers if no updated driver is available. Will save you some bandwidth if you're on a limited connection.

6) All installed drivers are saved in he location "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository", so one can also backup this folder, then point the devices in device manager to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/181227-how-do-i-install-new-drivers-after-installing-windows-7-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a business card scanner that I would like to use with my windows 7 machine. Unfortunately after having installed the software, Win 7 is unable to find and install a driver for it (even having gone online to search for the drivers).

Using the same software I downloaded, I installed it on a friend's Windows XP laptop and the scanner gets its drivers installed automatically.

Website unfortunately does not have any more support for this 3 year old product.

My question is if there is any way of installing this device under windows 7 with an XP driver? I would like to use it within Windows 7 if possible.

Thanks!

A:How do I install xp drivers on my windows 7 machine?

I don't think this is going to work - espcially with an XP driver, maybe with a Vista driver. If there is no native Win7 driver for that device, a Vista driver is worth a try but no guarantee.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/66205-how-do-i-install-xp-drivers-my-windows-7-machine.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Is there some sort of trick i'm missing? I used compatibility mode, and tried the "have disc" trick under device manager with no success.

A:How to install 9.7 leaked ATI drivers on X64 Windows 7

Interested as well, when I try to install 9.6 it says that 9.5 is the latest version. Might be due to my mbo and chipset though. But the chipset is the latest for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/16056-how-install-9-7-leaked-ati-drivers-x64-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am at a lost this is the th time I install 2008 Windows not drivers any will R2 am encountering this issue on Windows 2008 R2 will not install any drivers either a Windows or Windows R machine however this time I cannot reinstall Windows The server worked flawlessly for month - nothing was installed no updates nothing Not even on the domain yet because we were waiting for the requirements from the client I cannot install ANY device USB PCI modems Generic PNP Monitor in fact the system will not even run a backup because shadow copies fails because it cannot install the driver for quot Generic Volume Shadow Copy quot If I attempt to manually install a device through device manager I get the quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it quot I've already tried to do an in-place upgrade repair to no avail When investigating the setupapi dev log below are some of the results Running Windows Backup gt gt gt Device Install DiShowUpdateDevice - STORAGE VOLUMESNAPSHOT HARDDISKVOLUMESNAPSHOT gt gt gt Section start cmd quot C Windows system mmc exe quot quot C Windows system ServerManager msc quot dvi DIF UPDATEDRIVER UI dvi No class installer for 'Unknown driver software package' dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF UPDATEDRIVER UI - exit xe e ndv Update Driver Software Wizard for STORAGE VOLUMESNAPSHOT HARDDISKVOLUMESNAPSHOT inf Opened INF 'C Windows INF volsnap inf' strings inf Saved PNF 'C Windows INF volsnap PNF' Language inf SetupCopyOEMInf C Windows INF volsnap inf inf Driver Store location C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository volsnap inf amd neutral a fac b fc volsnap inf inf Published Inf Path C Windows INF volsnap inf inf Opened PNF 'C Windows INF volsnap inf' strings inf OEM source media location C Windows INF inf Unable to set OEM source media location - error ignored inf Error The parameter is incorrect inf SetupCopyOEMInf exit x dvi Searching for hardware ID s dvi storage volumesnapshot inf Opened INF 'C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository volsnap inf amd neutral a fac b fc volsnap inf' strings dvi Selected driver installs from section volume snapshot install in 'c windows system driverstore filerepository volsnap inf amd neutral a fac b fc volsnap inf' dvi Class GUID of device changed to c b -ec - d - - c f deaf dvi Set selected driver complete dvi Plug and Play Service Device Install for STORAGE VOLUMESNAPSHOT HARDDISKVOLUMESNAPSHOT ump Creating Install Process DrvInst exe ump Server install process exited with code xc ump Plug and Play Service Device Install exit c ndv Device Install failed for new device installing NULL driver dvi Plug and Play Service Device Install for STORAGE VOLUMESNAPSHOT HARDDISKVOLUMESNAPSHOT ump Creating Install Process DrvInst exe ump Server install process exited with code xc ump Plug and Play Service Device Install exit c ndv Update Driver Software Wizard exit c lt lt lt Section end lt lt lt Exit status FAILURE xc Installing a Monitor Device Install DiShowUpdateDevice - DISPLAY DEFAULT MONITOR amp BC E amp amp amp amp gt gt gt Section start cmd quot C Windows system mmc exe quot quot C Windows system ServerManager msc quot dvi DIF UPDATEDRIVER UI dvi Using exported function 'MonitorClassInstaller' in module 'C Windows system Montr CI dll' dvi Class installer Montr CI dll MonitorClassInstaller dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Class installer Enter dvi Class installer Exit dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF UPDATEDRIVER UI - exit xe e ndv Update Driver Software Wizard for DISPLAY DEFAULT MONITOR amp BC E amp amp amp amp inf Opened PNF 'C Windows INF monitor inf' strings inf SetupCopyOEMInf C Windows INF monitor inf inf Driver Store location C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository monitor inf amd neutral ab c d d f monitor inf inf Published Inf Path C Windows INF monitor inf inf Opened PNF 'C Windows INF monitor inf' strings inf OEM source m... Read more

A:Windows 2008 R2 will not install any drivers

Hi,

This issue can be caused by some third party programs.

I suggest disabling the third party programs and boot in
Clean Boot
to reinstall the drivers.

Also, as this is a forum focus on Vista, in order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new question in

Windows Server Forum for further discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums
regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support
If you are

TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback
here.Sabrina
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ec4009ea-978c-4e52-bb41-298acb622c7e/windows-2008-r2-will-not-install-any-drivers?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I just tried installing Windows in my brand-new computer specs are right there in the above icon And I had so much trouble I had to switch back to XP Here s what happened Windows wouldn t install any drivers install utilities would just stop No freezes no crashes no events to be viewed nothing it would just stop and stay 7 Windows any install Solved: won't drivers there for as long as I Solved: Windows 7 won't install any drivers waited up to half an hour apparently waiting for something Upon restart everything seemed to work fine except for my keyboard and mouse I could see the text input bar blinking my keyboard caps lock and mouse optical light were lit but there was no response from the devices When restarting again in safe mode they got back to work and restarting yet again in normal mode they were magically working again I interrupted the install utilities and after the restarts the device drivers were apparently installed but the devices wouldn t work For example my wireless device was there but wouldn t turn on enable and my graphics card wouldn t switch resolutions it was like the actually installed driver was Windows default standard graphics and just the name had been changed in the device manager I tried disabling and restarting every service that seemed relevant to me windows installer module installer driver installer and a lot of other crap but nothing worked Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have just reinstalled windows 7 Home Premium and went to install the drivers. I installed two, then every other time after that I get a message saying 'installation may take several minutes please wait' then the message disappears, no other dialogue comes up and nothing is installed.

Its the same message what ever drive i try to install, wifi, bluetooth, sound, etc.

I even tried reinstalling windows again, but got the same issue. Again the first driver i installed seemed to work, but any other after that the same problem.

I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks

A:After Reinstall of Windows, cannot install drivers

After you reinstall Windows 7, do you have a working internet connection? If so, don't do anything except run Windows Update from Control Panel. Do this two or three times until all updates are applied, including Service Pack 1. Then try install the drivers if they are still needed.

Edit: Start with the Chipset driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/321291-after-reinstall-windows-cannot-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi im really hoping someone can help ive been trying to fix this for hours spec - Seagate Barracuda TB MB Cache Hard Drive SATA GB s ms rpm - OEM ST DM Novatech Barebone 7 (no Cant windows install drivers) device Bundle - Intel Core i K - Corsair GB DDR Mhz - Intel Z Chipset Motherboard - Cant install windows 7 (no device drivers) Novatech Gaming Tower Case amp W PSU BB- E Samsung S BB x DVD -RW SATA Black - Retail SH- BB RSMS I think ive installed everything ok the HDD is making a noise anyway I downloaded an ISO file from microsoft of windows and burnt it to disc When i turn my pc on it starts up u see the bios screen then goes to install windows language time ect I click that then install now and choose what os x home basic custom install thats as far as i get No drives were found Click load driver to provide a mass storage device If i click Load Driver it says install the device driver neede to access your hard drive insert media ect I did get a disc with the computer but when i start the pc with that in the disc tray it just goes to a black screen saying quot press any key to startup Xpressrecovery Im going insane and will never sleep until this is fixed i hope u can understand and any help would be appreciated thanks

A:Cant install windows 7 (no device drivers)

The error usually means that the installer is bad. Confirm the ISO integrity and burn another DVD using Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool.

If that fails try writing to flash stick.

The HD should not be making a noise, especially clicking or anything more than purring. Does it register in BIOS? Try setting it at AHCI first to try install. If problems persist test it using maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by Disk Check .

Create an NTFS Primary full disk partition marked Active to run Disk check. If the HD is used, try wiping it with Diskpart Clean Command first from same Command line as shown in option Two of Disk Check tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245253-cant-install-windows-7-no-device-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I just installed Windows 7 and I noticed I have drivers missing when I looked at Manage my Computer. Under device manager and Other devices It has 4 yellow exclamation points. Three say Base System Device and the fourth says Unknown Device. I tried updating driver software and looking on the HP website, thinking they might have the drivers and Nothing has worked. Where can i find these drivers to install them. Thanks.

A:Missing Drivers after Windows 7 install

When you say you tried updating the drivers, did you do/mean: In Device Manager, rt click the device and select Update Driver?

Oh and giving your system specs may also help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-drivers-after-windows-7-install.138082/
Relevancy 47.3%

Do you need to update drivers to install windows 10 upgrade for a Revo 70 and does any one know where you can get them please

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Do-you-need-to-update-drivers-to-install-windows-10-upgrade-for/td-p/438815
Relevancy 47.3%

ive tried both with soundblaster sound card and NVidia graphics card
it just don't want to install the 64 bit drivers what am I doing wrong

A:windows dont install 64 bit drivers

Hi,

Please type msinfo32 in Start, then press Enter.

File | Save on the opened screen.

Right click the saved file and choose Send to >>> Compressed folder.

Attach the .zip file it made to a new post here, using the icon that looks like a paperclip. You will need to use advanced mode reply form.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40324-windows-dont-install-64-bit-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've done a new install of Windows 8.1 on a system that had been running Windows XP x64, I swapped out the hard drive for a brand new one and installed from scratch. This system uses an Asus M5A78L-M LX Plus motherboard which uses an AMD 760G (780L)/SB710 chipset. Since the drivers available on the Asus website are woefully old, I did some looking around and found this page: Chipset
which should contain the correct drivers for all the AMD hardware on this motherboard like the SATA controllers and all the hardware that you find in Device Manager / System Devices but after installing them and rebooting I see that the SATA controller and all the system devices that should have AMD drivers install are still using generic Microsoft drivers, some of which date back to 2006.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about this?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74549-windows-8-1-cant-install-amd-chipset-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

During W7 installation does setup perform a brute force scan of all .inf files to find proper devices or does the device provide info that is used to determine the name of the .inf file to be used?

A:How does Windows 7 Install Device Drivers

A very interesting question!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/215942-how-does-windows-7-install-device-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I cannot reinstall widows 7 ultimate , because after the process of loading setup My drivers are always not found , PLEASE I NEED HELP

A:Can't install windows 7 , drivers not found

Follow the steps to do a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 paying special attention to how drivers are handled in Win7 which are printed in red so they can't be missed.

If what you're referring to is an error when you boot the installer that drivers need to be supplied, then this error almost always means you have a bad installer.

What is the licensed OS that shipped with your laptop? I would download and burn it to DVD or flash stick from Steps 1 and 2 of the tutorial so that you are not wasting a $100+ license that you already own for the life of the laptop, on an even more expensive version you may not even need: Compare Windows 7 Editions

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349192-cant-install-windows-7-drivers-not-found.html