Windows Support Forum

windows drivers vs vendor drivers

Q: windows drivers vs vendor drivers

Have one question, When I installed Windows 7 the only drivers I have installed were my video and audio which are not part of the motherboard (not onboard). My computer runs fine but 1 game but more or less I never installed any driver for my motherboard. Normally you install the motherboards nforce drivers, raid SATA/IDE drivers etc... Do I need to go back to my motherboard vendor and find updates for windows 7 or just leave it they way it is, or should I install the drivers off the motherboard CD I have here? My mobo doesn't have any windows 7 updates btw there all windowsXP based drivers.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows drivers vs vendor drivers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows drivers vs vendor drivers

If you did a boot drive format and install of Win7 you'll need to go to the mobo makers website and download the latest drivers from there. You might also need a BIOS flash, but I hesitate to mention that as only the very experienced should do it. We'll need full system specs to help any further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/38823-windows-drivers-vs-vendor-drivers.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,
I have a Vendor Thermal Printer connected to a USB port.
It is the default printer.

Applications like Word print OK.
A Java application which prints to the default printer OK on Windows XP doesn't print to the default printer correctly on W7.

In the printer properties
x64 Type 3 - User Mode is installed

there is an option to add Additional Drivers
x86 Type 3 - User Mode

Where would I look for these Additional Drivers?
Thanks?

A:USB Vendor Thermal Printer additonal drivers

Hi,
I've found a work around
It involves disabling Print Optimizations

Printing Preferences> Advanced > Document Options > Print Optimizations > Disabled

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/44167-usb-vendor-thermal-printer-additonal-drivers.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi When mouse was just plugged it automatically got drivers from microsoft compliant drivers But of late i am having problem on freezing of total computer including mouse which does not allow any action but forced power off The result is file system get corrupted and i have to resort to repair the computer and it it fails boot in to safe mode and then do the chkdsk to somehow retrieve the system back on to normal stage If suppose i wish to use the vendors drivers then i have to disable the mice drivers in the device manager Once install from mouse from how vendor? the drivers downloaded exe to if i do that i could not use the mouse in the session Without mouse i could not do anything Is there any alternative of how to install the drivers from vendor if i click the update drivers it shows that it has the correct drivers compliant with the mouse that i have and in turn it turns out to be microsoft mice drivers I have downloaded and kept the driver in a folder

A:how to install mouse drivers from the exe downloaded from vendor?

Hi Jraju,
Go to the driver
Select Browse my comp >> LET me chose > point it to your download location.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/392803-how-install-mouse-drivers-exe-downloaded-vendor.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi When mouse was just plugged it automatically got drivers from microsoft compliant drivers But of late i am downloaded to install exe drivers mouse from how vendor? the from having problem on freezing of total computer including mouse which does not allow any action but forced power off The result is file system get corrupted and i have to resort to repair the computer and it it fails boot in to safe mode and then do the chkdsk to somehow retrieve the system back on to normal stage how to install mouse drivers from the exe downloaded from vendor? If suppose i wish to use the vendors drivers then i have to disable the mice drivers in the device manager Once if i do that i could not use the mouse in the session Without mouse i could not do anything Is there any alternative of how to install the drivers from vendor if i click the update drivers it shows that it has the correct drivers compliant with the mouse that i have and in turn it turns out to be microsoft mice drivers I have downloaded and kept the driver in a folder

A:how to install mouse drivers from the exe downloaded from vendor?

Hi Jraju,
Go to the driver
Select Browse my comp >> LET me chose > point it to your download location.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/392803-how-install-mouse-drivers-exe-downloaded-vendor.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey guys on my device manager there's an unknown "PCI device" under the "Other devices" and i checked the properties of that device and it gives me this vendor ID:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA18&SUBSYS_AA181002&REV_00\4&2B9C2F50&0&0108

I surfed as much as i could online and the only thing I can find is it's an ATI device. I just installed a new radeon HD 3870. Before installation I actually did a full format and reinstalled everything.

Any help please, it's making my system unstable and keeps rebooting.

A:Solved: Uknown Pci Vendor Id - Can't Install Drivers

Well I figured out the problem. It's the new HD audio drivers thats on the video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-uknown-pci-vendor-id-cant-install-drivers.664090/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello everyone I just discovered this nice Device Drivers? I USB-Midi do How Vendor-Supplied to Win use force 7 forum I have a Casio USB-Midi How do I force Win 7 to use Vendor-Supplied USB-Midi Device Drivers? keyboard which I've been using with Windows for quite sometime - worked when I first plugged it in never bothered about drivers until now Upon having issues I found that there is a vendor-supplied driver which I downloaded from Casio's website I followed the instructions given in the readme txt file which I've reproduced below Everything was fine until step However since I'd previously used the Windows drivers I never saw the quot Installing device driver software quot message when I connected the keyboard In 'Devices and Printers' it shows up as a Casio USB-Midi device but the drivers are all from Microsoft not Casio checked in Driver Details How do I force Windows to use the vendor-supplied drivers rather than the generic Windows drivers It is currently working to some extent but there are serious issues with some software in detection of the keyboard Any help in this regard would be appreciated Cheers Guru apologies for cross-posting Code CASIO USB MIDI Driver Version C - CASIO COMPUTER CO LTD Company and product names used herein are trademarks of their respective owners This document explains how to install the USB driver required to transfer MIDI data between an instrument that supports USB connections and a computer Installation of the USB driver is available for the model that comes with the CD-ROM Use the following instructions to install the USB driver on your computer Supported Operating Systems Windows bit Windows Vista bit To Install the USB driver Log on to Windows using a computer administrator account See the documentation that comes with Windows for information about computer administrators Confirm that the instrument is not connected to the PC and is turned off Open the quot CCMID INST quot folder and double-click quot dpinst exe quot Not quot dpinst xml quot If you want to show file extensions Please refer to mark For Windows in response to the confirmation dialog box quot Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer quot appears on your computer click quot Yes quot For Windows Vista in response to the confirmation dialog box quot An unidentified program wants access to your computer quot click quot Allow quot When the message quot Device Driver Installation Wizard quot appears click quot Next quot When the message quot The drivers are now installing quot appears and then the message quot Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software quot appears Click quot Install this driver software anyway quot and wait until the message quot Completing the Device Driver Installation Wizard quot appears Click quot Finish quot Connect the instrument to the computer with the USB cable and turn on the instrument Check to make sure that the quot Installing device driver software quot message is displayed near the task tray normally in the lower right corner of your computer screen When the message changes to quot CASIO USB MIDI quot the USB driver is installed completely When the instrument is connected to any USB port the USB driver will be initialized automatically To show file extensions to distinguish files Open an optional folder and click quot Folder and search options quot in quot Organize quot from menu normally in the upper left on the folder When Folder Options appears click the tab quot View quot Uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in advanced settings and click quot OK quot It enables the displaying of extensions e g quot exe quot quot xml quot and if you want to install this USB driver double-click quot dpinst exe quot To Uninstall the USB driver Click Start - gt Control Panel - gt Uninstall a program Check the installed program list and double-click quot Windows Driver Package - CASIO COMPUTER CO LTD PL- R MEDIA quot ... Read more

A:How do I force Win 7 to use Vendor-Supplied USB-Midi Device Drivers?

Hi AshvilleGuru, Welcome to the forums , Here is alink to a tutorial you may find helpful Drivers - Turn Off Automatic Driver Installation and also if you need to install Vista drivers Drivers - Install Vista Drivers on Windows 7 Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/112114-how-do-i-force-win-7-use-vendor-supplied-usb-midi-device-drivers.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello!I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15r Special Edition with Windows 8 as it's default operating system. Since I don't like it that much, I plan to format the hard drive (by going into computer-> Right click on C: -> Format) and then to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it.After the clean installation procedure, I was wondering if I could simply insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc into the optical drive and intall the drivers like I would normally do.Therefore, the real question would be: Will the Windows 8 drivers provided by Dell be compatible with Windows 7?Thank you very much everyone.FatLord

A:Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

I did find this one "Inspiron 15R SE 7520" If that is your model then the Dell website has Windows 7 64bit drivers and Windows 8 64 bit drivers available for download.

I would use the Windows 7 Drivers for windows 7, Just download them ahead of time and burn them to a CD or store on a flash drive so you will have them handy to use.

I would also have my Antivirus ready to install before I went on the Internet.

3rd point. Windows will prevent you from formatting the drive it is installed on. So you have to do it during the install process.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479812/planning-to-downgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-7-will-the-drivers-provided-on-my-dell-drivers-and-utilities-be-compatible/
Relevancy 70.52%

I had to reinstall windows Vista Business on an Acer Aspire AX1200-U1640A 2GB install went well but when I tried to set up my internet, wireless did not show, I called my internet provider we tried to set it up as broadband but that didn't work either. It seems I do not have the drivers for the Ethernet Controller and other things listed under other devices see pictures in attached document. Since I do not have the internet on that computer, I downloaded the Ethernet driver from Acer to a jump drive but I cannot get it to work. Please advise for all "other devices" with the same problem. Oh, yes the Ethernet cord is plugged in and my laptop has wifi. Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista reinstall other devices locked, no drivers cannot load drivers

Hi go to acer support page and download and install the chipset driver then try the lan driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-reinstall-other-devices-locked-no-drivers-cannot-load-drivers-1002834.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
I came across an issue that I find confusing. Whilst trying to install a software to run a mobile USB flash modem, the software pops this message:

your current device installation settings is configured to prefer drivers from Windows Update over locally installed
drivers. This can cause Unlimited data Manager not to work correctly.

do you want to change the settings to prefer locally installed drivers over Windows Update?

What does it imply if I change my settings to prefer locally installed drivers over windows update drivers?
And can this action be undone and where/how? (I searched my machine but didn't find where this option is)

Thank you for reading

A:Device Installation Settings, windows update drivers VS locally installed drivers

Control Panel (icon view)>System>Advanced System Settings>Hardware Tab>Device Installation Settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-installation-settings-windows-update-drivers-vs-locally-installed-drivers.924755/
Relevancy 70.09%

To my knowledge, when an OS such as Windows 8.1 is booted, all firmware/bios drivers are replaced by more appropriate OS drivers in the boot drive during start up. I learnt this happens for the latest versions of Windows. Am I right? Do all bios drivers get replaced? Does this happen with the latest versions of OS X as well?

If this is so, then you can discard firmware as suspected of causing problems on a computer that's already booted up. Unless there's a problem that's causing a driver to remain in RAM after boot.

A:Does firmware drivers get completely replaced by OS drivers after boot in OS X and Windows?

No...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-firmware-drivers-get-completely-replaced-by-os-drivers-after-boot-in-os-x-and-windows.217874/
Relevancy 70.09%

I contacted SONY and they told me that they did not have the drivers for this Hardware. They told me I needed a WINDOWS driver. My operating system is Windows 98. Help

A:Not Going to Sleep Until Find Drivers..Need Windows Drivers SONY CD-R/RW CRX140E

You already posted this same question in hardware.
Keep it to one thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-going-to-sleep-until-find-drivers-need-windows-drivers-sony-cd-r-rw-crx140e.333488/
Relevancy 70.09%

Yesterday I had the Windows defender virus on my Desktop computer I read things online and most places were saying to use rKill ComboFix and Malwarebytes So etc. Windows Had no drivers, the Defender audio Network virus. drivers, Now I followed everything and then the virus was removed I believe Less than an hour later a Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc. friend of mine went to a website which I believe got me a Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc. virus Ever since then when my computer boots up the task bar at the bottom of the screen is grey and plain looks like a task bar from Windows XP maybe it says that my Audio service is not running and I do not even have the bars that show my Wifi signal I'm assuming that I am missing the driver now I do not know if ComboFix is what did this or if I have another virus but I have become so frustrated with this that I figured I would ask for help I'm running a Gateway DX Windows and a wireless internet card If ANY other information is needed then I will be more than happy to give it

A:Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc.

Welcome aboard  Since you ran Combofix on your own... Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506483/had-the-windows-defender-virus-now-no-network-drivers-audio-drivers-etc/
Relevancy 70.09%

Greetings This is a general question for a fresh install of Windows on a computer Let's say we just completed the installation and we open up Device Manager we haven't used Windows Update yet Device Manager shows us that there are - let's say quot quot - devices that do not have drivers installed for them If we visit the computer manufacturers website though they'll have - let's say quot quot Windows Installed OEM - General Website Drivers Question Vs Drivers - different drivers to download If we only install the quot quot drivers for the devices that Windows couldn't find drivers for are we hurting our computing performance by not installing the other quot quot drivers that were available on the manufacturers website This is just good to know in general because I've faced this situation with every install of Windows since I began computing General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers with Windows But the reason I'm asking now is because the nincompoops at Acer - despite me entering my serial number - still offer me every possible driver for my model including drivers for hardware that's not in my computer Windows - of course - can't identify the hardware so I'm ready to rip out the last little bit of hair on my head Thanks

A:General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers

Some manufacturers offer an utility that helps you identify what stuff you have in the laptop, I think Acer did.
You can also try the hardware-detection program this forum has, this tutorial

Also check the driver version, as some manufacturer list multiple driver versions and you only need the latest (usually, otherwise take the last version that works).

Also, installers of these drivers usually look up the hardware IDs of the hardware and if they don't detect anything that could benefit from them will abort installation. Some instead install anyway and you will have some drivers you won't need, but won't cause any issue as again Win7 knows that they don't match any hardware ID, and will leave them alone.

So, you may have noticed that I am talking of Hardware IDs, that are basically each device's own "calling card" integrated in each device, you can identify the hardware by looking up its hardware ID and then searching it on Google to convert that code into a human-readable device model and brand.

Open device manager, right-click on an unknown device, click on "properties", then go in the "details" tab of its properties panel from Device Manager, click on the drop-down menu and select "Hardware IDs". right-click on the codes you get on the text panel below it and select copy, then search the code on Google to identify the device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/294054-general-question-windows-installed-drivers-vs-oem-website-drivers.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am trying to install some widcomm bluetooth drivers but everytime I plug in the usb adapter windows install it's own drivers. I tried manually updating the drivers from device manager but it doesn't allow it.
Is ther a way to stop windows from installing the drivers to begin with?

A:Trying to install widcomm drivers. Getting overrun by windows drivers

First. Do not connect the usb device.

Install the drivers for the device, and only connect the device when either prompted to do so, or after the installation is complete.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-widcomm-drivers-getting-overrun-by-windows-drivers.33611/
Relevancy 67.94%

Just in the process of reinstalling my Win7 OS. I have an ATI Radeon HD5750 Graphics Card and when Windows was installing I noticed that it installed drivers for the graphic card. In my previous install I had the Catalyst Control Centre installed but never ever used it for anything that I know of. So my question is, do I need to install the CCC package from the ATI site or are the windows installed drivers just as good. On a similar tack without starting a new thread. Do I need to reinstall the chipset drivers for my Gigabyte MA770T-UD3 Motherboard or are they still installed?.

A:Windows 7 drivers or ATI graphic card drivers?.

If you have an ATI graphics card/chip...some say that you don't need to install CCC.

I have a history of ATI cards/chipsets and I always install the full package because the card/chip works properly and I don't care about the fact that I don't ever use CCC.

Any drivers installed by Windows by default will work...but for optimum use of the graphics function, you probably need to install the drivers provided by the system or motherboard manufacturer.

Anytime an O/S is reinstalled...all previous system files are flushed.  Of course, a clean install fllushes everything.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529577/windows-7-drivers-or-ati-graphic-card-drivers/
Relevancy 67.94%

I've just updated my Acer Notebook to Windows 7. I've installed all the drivers that Acer supplies for Windows 7.

But what about the drivers that are not supplied? Should I install the ones that Acer supplies for Vista or stick with the 'pre-installed' drivers by Windows 7 ... Everything seems to work with the pre-installed ones.

And how do I check wether or not the Intel Turbo Memory is working correctly?

A:Windows 7-drivers or Vista-drivers by Acer

I can only reply to the first question. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Is what I'd suggest. On the second we'll have to have someone more familiar with intel turbo memory. Try Google I did and found a lot of interesting articles on turbo memory. You can draw your own conclusions as to it's effectiveness. Fabe http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=3009

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34238-windows-7-drivers-vista-drivers-acer.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Open question, discussion, and somewhat of a problem.

I've recently been having various issues with my pc, among the things I tried to do was update my graphics card driver: found the newest driver crashed madly, and rolled back. It's brought to mind a simple question:

What benefits are there in going for the newer ATI Catalyst drivers compared to the one defaulted by windows but which hasn't updated in 3 years.

Generally what could have changed? Compatablity? If it works it works. Stablity? Performance? Heat management?

Since it takes me 2 hours to download a driver (slow connection) I'm sticking on my w7 default ones: I know they work. It does make me ask though if there is a benefit to upgading after i've got my PC stable again.

A:Windows Drivers vs ATI Catalyst Drivers

newer drivers are made to improve performance and add new features in the graphic control panel and fixes bugs and issues that were in the previous drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/227380-windows-drivers-vs-ati-catalyst-drivers.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently upgraded this old Dell M Vista x laptop to Windows Enterprise x Apparently the sound company for it Sigmatel went out of business before Windows was even released and their latest drivers are some ancient Vista drivers Should I download and install the Sigmatel drivers or continue to use the drivers that come with Windows They seem to be fine so far just seeing if there's any Windows old drivers the download or drivers? the I keep Should other input on this Do you think that the Windows drivers would probably be better based on Should I download the old drivers or keep the Windows drivers? the fact that they're much newer and made to run in regardless of the fact that it wasn't made for my system specifically All I've ever really cared about is what has the best maximum output levels I really hate sound drivers that are very limited in how loud you can make them output My old laptop this M is actually better than my current Origin beast laptop in terms of sound because the sound driver on my new laptop Realtek doesn't allow very much loudness at all on a set of headphones The only reason I ever liked the Sigmatel drivers is because they let you turn up the volume until it's so loud it could blow your ears and your speakers out Or perhaps it's hardware and has nothing to do with the drivers I dunno I'm too stupid Point is drivers that came with my system that aren't designed to work with this OS or go with the Win default drivers

A:Should I download the old drivers or keep the Windows drivers?

There is a saying, "if it's not broke, don't fix it" so I would stick with the working one. You could save the old driver as a backup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/286987-should-i-download-old-drivers-keep-windows-drivers.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I was actually getting ready to post here about my x problem but reading other posts realized that my motherboard drivers were freakishly out of date versions forgot about them last time I was installing a system I dled all new ones installed them all performed a restart and then used newly installed ASUS Suite to update my BIOS Not sure if that's relevant but after that last successful startup there was a bunch on popups asking for promision to launch several application related to the driver update I imagine I agreed to all of those and nothing beyond that happened I did not restart computer again before performing BIOS upgrade BIOS itself seems to work just fine When I attempted to start system with new BIOS my computer restarts about Drivers" Windows install to option. drivers How Recovery "Load using sec after starting animation begins I can only launch it in quot Startup Repair quot mode and it communicates that automatic repair was impossible For those reasons i can't provide that archive with dumps and whatnot Safe Mode isn't working either I'll rewrite problem signature quot System Repair quot provided Problem Event How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option. Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature unknown AutoFailover BadDriver OS Version Locale ID Forgive me shitty formatting but am on the phone right now

A:How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option.

See if you can do a system restore from boot (option two here - System Restore )

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365501-how-install-drivers-using-windows-recovery-load-drivers-option.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Which version should I use for the NVIDIA drivers, the Vista version or the 7 version?

A:NVIDIA drivers - Vista drivers or 7 drivers?

Download the windows 7 drivers from nvidia's website, not from Windows update assuming you have win7 installed somewhere as you state your running vistain your profile.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/7784-nvidia-drivers-vista-drivers-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there I have an HP Pavilion DV dx laptop running a freshly installed windows upgrade from windows Vista Ever since the upgrade my CPU is constantly running at - all the time meaning I cannot do anything on my PC After researching a bit online it could possibly be the driver errors I see in device manager In device manager I see that I have some drivers missing and all attempts to update these have failed and i've seen other users here post the missing drivers and be directed to the fixes Device type Other Devices Manufacturer Unknown Location PCI bus device function PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C unable - find drivers System to drivers Base Device error amp REV PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC Device type Other Devices Manufacturer Unknown Location PCI bus device function PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC Device type Other Devices Manufacturer Unknown Location PCI bus device function PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC Device type Other Devices Manufacturer Unknown Location on Intel R ICH M LPC Interface Controller - ACPI ENE ENE So if the updated drivers fix these errors and yet the CPU usage does not go back down Base System Device drivers error - unable to find drivers I may have to try something else I would load pics to this thread but I fear the PC will crash as it has done twice this morning just from opening firefox As a note yes I have rebooted yes I have run a virus scan and yes I have made sure that almost all prgrammes are not running I have loaded up pics of the Base System Device drivers error - unable to find drivers CPU usage and Processes running too Cheers

A:Base System Device drivers error - unable to find drivers

Have you downloaded the Windows 7 drivers from the HP site.
Link: Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv7-2185dx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/203987-base-system-device-drivers-error-unable-find-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.49%

First off, I have Windows XP.

For example, I have an older video card in my system now because I have to send my better card in for warranty repair.

I had upgraded to Direct x 9 and now I want to go back to 8.1. How do I revert or remove Direct x 9?

Also, what is the best way to install video drivers? I heard awhile back you should boot into safe mode or something?

THanks

A:What's the BEST way to install video drivers , new Direct X,and remove older drivers?

This method works best for me. First off, I use Norton Ghost 2003 to make an image of my Windows drive. When I make this image, I have already installed WinXP SP1 plus all the latest Windows updates I can get. Also, I have already installed useful and necessary programs like Norton Antivirus 2002, ZoneAlarm Firewall, NoAds, Analog X Cookiewall. I make sure that I don't have any videocard drivers installed. As for Direct X, it's the default one installed when you first install WinXP.

Now that I have the image, I go on and try installing new Direct X versions or new videocard drivers. If something goes wrong and messes up my system or I'm not happy with the performance of the new drivers or Direct X, I use Norton Ghost 2003 to restore my image. By restoring the image, I have everything back--WinXP SP1 + all updates, programs I've installed, etc. The process only takes about 4 minutes compared to reinstalling Windows + all the programs manually (3-5 hours).

With the image backed up to that original point, I try alternative drivers or Direct X files until I find a setting I like.

This is the way I test new Detonator drivers and Direct X files. It's fool-proof and makes me more bold in trying out new stuff.

If you need more background on the benefits of Ghost 2003 and its usage, check out this guide at Radified.com:

http://ghost.radified.com/

Hope that helped.

BTW, if you remember the date that you installed Direct X9.0, you might be able to go back to your 8.1 setting by restoring your system to that point using System Restore found under Start Menu and System Accessories.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-the-best-way-to-install-video-drivers-new-direct-x-and-remove-older-drivers.125536/
Relevancy 61.49%

First off, I have Windows XP.

For example, I have an older video card in my system now because I have to send my better card in for warranty repair.

I had upgraded to Direct x 9 and now I want to go back to 8.1. How do I revert or remove Direct x 9?

Also, what is the best way to install video drivers? I heard awhile back you should boot into safe mode or something?

THanks

A:What's the BEST way to install video drivers, new Direct X, and remove older drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-the-best-way-to-install-video-drivers-new-direct-x-and-remove-older-drivers.125535/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all I'll try to explain my problem Last week I tried to update my ati drivers with the latest I had so far so good My problem is that display drivers ati drivers responding 5870 stop on 10.11 with these drivers I got this message from windows display drivers have stop responding and they've been recoveres or something similar Same happened with drivers I had to roll back to drivers and everything still runs fine I'm a bit sad since my computer is brand new built it in august no overclock nothing strange installed and mostly used for World of Warcraft gaming I like to keep my computer clean and I'm not used to test or stress or overclok it but just to display drivers stop responding on ati 5870 10.11 drivers play my fav game Temperatures are more than fine checked everything My overall system mobo ASUS p deluxe Vs on i giga ram corsair vga ATI Gigabyte HD SSD HD with WIN Pro Raptor HD with only World of Warcraft installed tera HD for storage My system runs fine with these drivers but I'd like to keep it update also for the online game which is constantly updating to newer versions I kindly ask you to give me a solution to this issue of mine that is preventing me from sleeping Thanks a lot Blue

A:display drivers stop responding on ati 5870 10.11 drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by Bluetta

Hello all!
I'll try to explain my problem.
Last week I tried to update my ati 5870 drivers with the latest 10.11. I had 10.9 so far so good.
My problem is that with these drivers I got this message from windows : display drivers have stop responding and they've been recoveres (or something similar).
Same happened with drivers 10.10.
I had to roll back to drivers 10.9 and everything still runs fine.
I'm a bit sad since my computer is brand new (built it in august 2010), no overclock, nothing strange installed, and mostly used for World of Warcraft gaming. I like to keep my computer clean and I'm not used to test or stress or overclok it, but just to play my fav game.

My overall system :
mobo : ASUS p67 deluxe Vs
on i7 920
6 giga ram corsair
vga ATI Gigabyte HD 5870
SSD HD with WIN 7 64 Pro
Raptor HD with only World of Warcraft installed
1 tera HD for storage

My system runs fine with these drivers 10.9, but I'd like to keep it update also for the online game which is constantly updating to newer versions.

I kindly ask you to give me a solution to this issue of mine that is preventing me from sleeping....

Thanks a lot
Blue

Blue hi

New drivers are released to fix problems. they arent any faster, or better. Sometimes when they fix one problem they create another so why the urgent need to be on 10.11? Might be slower or not work at all
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/128377-display-drivers-stop-responding-ati-5870-10-11-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently tried to install a wireless network at work due to tech guys playing games after being hired. SO i install on PC, it locks up and crashes, causing me 2 days of headaches tracking down and installing/repairing windows. I get it going and the tech guys come and install the wireless cards around office.
Then they get to this PC, and does same thing did with me locks up but doesnt crash for them. Its a custom built PC by the way, they play with it a good hour and a half,
then say that I have to deal with it and suggested I first reinstall windows with the PCI reciever thing in, and then try and track down drivers for the mobo.

Anyone ever had an issue like this?its running XP Pro,

A:Drivers wont install, tech guy says MOBO drivers bad

Can you get it going any way at all - preferably in Safe Mode? If it fires up, hit Fuinction 8 and select the option to disable automatic restart on system failure. That should leave a blue screen error message on for long enough to read it. If you can go all the way to Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking, see what the Event Viewer has to say in Control Panel>Administrative Tools.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-wont-install-tech-guy-says-mobo-drivers-bad.376252/
Relevancy 61.06%

Having issues with RAID0 array being detected by Windows7 Ultimate x64 as SCSI. Apparently these drivers are the 'default' drivers that install when the RAID array is initialized. There is no option at this point to install other drivers instead.

Using DeviceManager, there is an option to 'update drivers', and regardless of the method chosen, even selecting the file for a previously-downloaded set of drivers, Windows7 always comes back with a message of "Windows has determined that the best drivers for your system are already installed". Considering that SCSI drivers are the OLDEST ones out there, and actual SCSI devices are becoming rarer and rarer, how is it that these drivers cannot be replaced with more current and more applicable drivers?

Does anyone know of a usable workaround to install non-SCSI drivers to replace the default ones?

Thanks in advance!

A:Replacing SCSI storage drivers with IDE or SATA drivers

If this is for the motherboard listed in your specs, you need to install the AMD RAID driver,

AMD Chipset Drivers

May also want to install the chipset driver while you're at it if you haven't.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/230413-replacing-scsi-storage-drivers-ide-sata-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I tried to install [email protected] on a few Toshiba laptops, but it needs a newer Catalyst driver than the latest available on Toshiba's website (their drivers not being updated since March). This page said that "Some OEM and some laptop vendors modify the Catalyst drivers that ship with their cards" and recommends just downloading from ATI's site. Is there any technical disadvantage or pitfall in doing that if the driver's custom? I'm guessing it would be unsupported by Toshiba, at least.

A:OEM-provided drivers versus vanilla graphics drivers?

Be sure to read the release notes for the driver and make certain that it supports your model. If not, look in the archives and find an older one.

Usually, the standard ATI driver will work on an OEM machine. It's not unusual for the manufacturer's site to post only the driver they shipped with the machine. But you can always roll back if it does not work as desired (an option in Device Manager).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oem-provided-drivers-versus-vanilla-graphics-drivers.773466/
Relevancy 61.06%

My Dell XPS L502x is 14 months old (i7, 8GB, 689GB HDD, HM77, Nvidia 540M GT). I have installed all latest drivers for my laptop from Dell website. But those are still more than 6 months old. When I use Intel Driver update utility, it shows new version of drivers available. Even my nvidia control panel shows new driver available.
Is it Okay to update drivers from intel and nvidia website and replace drivers from Dell. I heard that Dell mods the drivers for thier laptops before supplying to thier users.

A:Should I update my stock Dell Drivers to Intel Drivers.

S"hould you", that is up to you, but the Intel drivers are the best for your computer. If you decide to change your drivers, start with a system restore point.
If you are not having specific problems, you probably will not notice any improvement however.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/323632-should-i-update-my-stock-dell-drivers-intel-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have just upgraded with the following spec Asus A N X Deluxe mobo Athlon XP mobo PCI A7N8X drivers drivers conflict ADSL with Barton Asus GeForce FX Aero mhz DDR DIMM Dual Channel The A7N8X mobo drivers conflict with PCI ADSL drivers problem I have a PCI ADSL Interface Device which runs my internet If I install the drivers for my mobo then I can t fully set up my internet connection hence at the moment I have no A7N8X mobo drivers conflict with PCI ADSL drivers mobo drivers installed Conversely I can have the mobo drivers but no internet The system is running OK but obviously I have no on-board sound multimedia Qfan etc etc In Device Manager I have against the following PCI Ethernet Controller PCI Ethernet Controller PCI Multimedia Audio Device PCI Multimedia Audio Device PCI RAID Controller PCI System Management BUS PCI Universal Serial BUS The above are all sharing IRQ I can offer the following info if it is any use Conexant Access Runner ADSL drivers amp Software is sharing with ASUS V Magic Video adaptor on IRQ B It would seem to me there is a conflict between Conexant and A N X drivers but my knowledge stops here I would appreciate any help at all stepheno nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I just did a clean install of windows 7 x64 and have a question about drivers. There are so many choices and its not always clear which drivers are the best.
Is it better to use Windows / Windows Update drivers, or perhaps drivers from ASUS website. My concerns are Nvidia and nforce drivers and which ones do you guys recomend.
Also as far as my TV Card and bluetooth dongle, should I stick with Windows update or should I go with each individual component driver. Also latest hauppage tv card driver on hauppage site says its WHQL but then windows update hauppage driver is one release behind?
All I want is for my computer to be stable at least for the summer.

A:Windows drivers vs OEM drivers

It's best to use those from the ASUS website. And if you know which card you have, it's even better to get them from the Nvidia/ATi website. You grab the latest drivers and that's it.

As for other, non-essential peripherals, Windows Update drivers are fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/92917-windows-drivers-vs-oem-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Today I turned on my computer and a message from AVAST said that the file C Windows System Drivers szkimzl sys and C WINDOWS and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\szkimzl.sys system drivers atapi sys was infected So I pressed 'delete' and I turned on my internet which was working fine the other day C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\szkimzl.sys and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys and it wouldn't work I thought it might have been firefox but I tried IE Chrome and Opera none of the worked I have three other computers which are all on the same modem and they all work fine DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HP Administrator at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning disabled Outdated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Outdated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www comcast net uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyServer http BHO d -ce - - - d d a e - c windows system awttSlmm dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - No File TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun ftutil rundll exe ftutil dll SetWriteCacheMode mRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exe mRun AlwaysReady Power Message APP ARPWRMSG EXE dRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe dRun vmamyovr c windows system config systemprofile local settings application data jaahjq nnitsysguard exe dRun ygua e yhuiesfha yfauy fe c windows temp ma xj exe dPolicies-explorer NoFolderOptions x dPolicies-system DisableRegistryTools x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE Save YouTube Video IE Save YouTube Video as MP IE E D D B- - a -B F- D D C - c windows pchealth helpctr vendors cn hewlett-packard l cupertino s ca c us iebutton support htm IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF ECD A- D - AF -BA A- F B D - hxxp xiah gamescampus com luncher GamesC... Read more

A:C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\szkimzl.sys and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys

Hello iJoe,

Is there any reason you ran RootRepeal instead of gmer? I'd prefer a log from gmer as outlined in our pre-posting topic.

Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here. Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.

Click the image to enlarge it

In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ... Sections
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

Please attach the ark.txt in your next reply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/c-windows-system32-drivers-szkimzl-sys-and-c-windows-system32-drivers-atapi-sys-452479.html
Relevancy 60.63%

CD drive (D:) on my system doesn?t even exist, I have one DVD drive player and one DVD/CD burner named (F:) and (N:). When trying to manage drive letters in control panel under administrative tools disk management CD drive (D:) does not even show up, I usually have this letter reserved for an external hard drive, now none of my short cuts icons etc will work because I cannot change this letter back. The actual name of this mysterious drive in device manager is WDC WD3000JS-60PDB0, the drivers it uses is C:\windows\system32\Drivers\disk.sys and C:\windows\system32\drivers\PartMgr.sys any ideas on how to remove this. Thanks.

A:C:\windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys And C:\windows\system32\drivers\partmgr.sys

Well...you should use Disk Management to change drive letters...with the understanding that you cannot assign a letter that is already taken by any drive attached...until you change that drive's letter .This explains it better, Hard Drive Letter Assignments - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...844&sd=tech Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153003/cwindowssystem32driversdisksys-and-cwindowssystem32driverspartmgrsys/
Relevancy 59.77%

Recently I have decided to update the USB drivers on my MSI Z PC MATE motherboard as it turned out that they weren't installed and because I bought a USB memory stick When I just got this motherboard I didn't install them as after doing so I got a BSOD and had to do a system restore Now that I've seen updating PC drivers? startup USB drivers on after delayed that a newer version is available I decided to update along side my BIOS and other drivers The updates went find with no problems and the USB ports are working great USB drivers delayed on PC startup after updating drivers? However every time I start up my PC there's like a second delay before I can use anything connected to the USB ports which is rather annoying as some of my programs rely on some of the USB devices to be connected at startup so I have USB drivers delayed on PC startup after updating drivers? to configure them one by one manually after startup What has also happened is that the desktop icon positions aren't saving and nor is the position size of windows I'm thinking that it may have also been something to do with the registry as I cleaned it with CCleaner not a good idea it broke my Chrome updates a while ago Can anyone please help I'm really out of options and this is really annoying me So far I tried to make it so that all of the USB related services are run automatically on startup I tried restoring the old registry Perhaps there's a way to fix it Any help is appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/381773-usb-drivers-delayed-pc-startup-after-updating-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Well i got nvidia evga 8800 gts 320 mb i went to nvidia.com and got the newest drivers which are 7.15.11.5824 and i went to evga and seen they have 158.45 should i go there and download theres or stick with these?

A:Question about nvidia drivers and evga drivers

Why not try both... I doubt that it makes a lick of difference. The first one that dosn't give you the blue screen of death is the one to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-nvidia-drivers-and-evga-drivers.79761/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys Its InferneX, I've recently changed one of my PC to Windows 8 and I'm already having a huge issue installing a printer I bought a new printer

Cannon Pixma MG3100 though whenever I try to install the drivers and all the other program from the disk I get this problem that shows?

Now I've already restarted the PC and I still get the same problem.
I tried installing it without the printer on the PC, now also there's another thing I don't get, which is when i plug in the printer to the USB the computer does recognizes it.
Now please could someone help me solve this issue please thank you for your time.

A:My printer Drivers wont install: MP Drivers?? please help

Did you check printer site for updated drivers?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/14502-my-printer-drivers-wont-install-mp-drivers-please-help.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am re formatting my mom's computer again and due to unforeseen circumstances i have lost my back-up hard drive with all my drivers on it and i am having issues finding what i need. I have ran cpu-z to find out all the information about her computer. It's an IBM intel p4 with windows xp pro on it. i can gather whatever other information is needed to assist me in finding the drivers i am just unsure exactly what i need to provide so if u ask me i shall be able to provide. Thank you

i went into the device manager and under my ethernet driver this is what it says:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1039&SUBSYS_02671014&REV_81\4&25296D99&0&4OFO

A:Need Ethernet drivers, audio and video drivers

easiest thing is to google any numbers you can find on your motherboard, this will identify the make and model and will (well should unless its an obscure cheap make) provide a link to the drivers on the makers website.

Once you find the drivers remember to back them up to a dvd or a CD and label them up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-ethernet-drivers-audio-and-video-drivers.149808/
Relevancy 59.77%

hi, can somebody tell me that drivers for AGP cards with ref to nvidia available on nvidia's own website are better to use or ones available on 3rd party websites are betters. For instance now a days the latest version of driver available on nvidia's website is 81.98, however, on some other sites e.g www.guru3d.com, latest version of driver i.e later version then 81.98 is available for nvidia cards. So my question is: is it better to go with the one available on nvidia's own site or the other one????

thnx :grinthumb

A:Are nvidia's own website drivers better or third party drivers???

I only use the WHQL drivers on Nvidia's site. Newer versions may just be beta versions or modified (hacked) drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-nvidias-own-website-drivers-better-or-third-party-drivers.43547/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi folks!

There is a site out there that tests your system and tells you which drivers are bad and which are good (outdated and current). Can someong post the link to that site as I have forgotten to bookmark the site and would like to get back to it.

Thanks so much and may God bless,
Peter

A:Drivers site that test which drivers are outdated...

http://www.pcpitstop.com/

??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-site-that-test-which-drivers-are-outdated.186992/
Relevancy 59.77%

Just a little help for anyone wanting to find their latest Driver's;

Windows 7 Drivers | Windows 7

A:Drivers info page; links to your drivers

Thanks HannibalUK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/119506-drivers-info-page-links-your-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Drivers page not working - no drivers show up for g40-80 for me. Can anyone check? Tried in two different computers. Just bought this computer and I can't get drivers to install my hardware after I replaced my hd for a ssd one.http://support.lenovo.com/br/pt/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g40-80?tabName...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Drivers-page-not-working-no-drivers-show-up-for-g40-80/td-p/3322363
Relevancy 59.77%

Whats the recommended installation procedure for installing drivers for specific hardware from a developers site or using the windows 7 default drivers?

For example when I install my windows 7 x64 Betas it found and installed the drivers for my chipset and everything fine. However browsing my Motherboard manufactures website I see they Drivers for chipset, audio, and other components I can download.

Would you recommend I stick with Microsoft drivers or use the drivers on the developers site?

A:Developer Drivers Vs Microsoft Built In Drivers?

If there's no seven drivers from mfg, stick with MS's.

If there is seven drivers from mfg, stick with mfg's.

If there's no seven drivers from either MS or MFG throw vista/xp drivers.

That's what I'm doing so far.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/16328-developer-drivers-vs-microsoft-built-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i didn't have a stereo mix anymore when i reinstalled windows.
so i went to install some realtek sound drivers.
for some ridiculous reason the realtek sound drivers break my lan internet drivers.
i have to reinstall my lan internet drivers everytime i boot up now, which is really annoying.

anybody got a solution to this?

A:realtek sound drivers break my lan drivers.

Can you tell us what make and model computer you have?

What operating system do you have?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364401/realtek-sound-drivers-break-my-lan-drivers/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello. I have a MSI NF750-G55 motherboard which came with Nvidia sound drivers. Windows update even provided an update for the nvidia drivers once I connected to the internet.

However, I also know that there are Realtek sound drivers. Will my system be more stable if I just install the nvidia drivers or should I install the realtek HD drivers too? Or would having 2 sound drivers cause freezes?

I appreciate any advice. So far all my sound works great so that isn't an issue, and I don't really care about having the realtek audio manager.

A:Nvidia sound drivers, realtek drivers, or both?

Basically, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

The sound is a Realtek chip on the motherboard, thus the Realtek would be the first choice, but if other supplied drivers work and you have all functions there is no need for additional drivers. The Microsoft drivers are actually Realtek drivers (but Microsoft can be several versions behind due to their validation process).

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/55354-nvidia-sound-drivers-realtek-drivers-both.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Experts,

I lost drivers CD, and now I need to Install Audio drivers, I have pentium 4 mother board, and below is the device instance ID of my machine.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_8086D607&REV_1001\4&C2FCED8&0&0201

Please suggest to find the right audio drivers for my desktop.

Best Regards,
Kishore

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I need help with crashing due to kernel drivers. This problem started on Windows 8, and I upgraded to Windows 10, and is still crashing. I have done many things to attempt to fix this problem, such as using DDR to uninstall drivers, rolling back old drivers etc., and none of this has worked. I have gone into event manager and the one thing that seems to always occur is:"The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000." at startup. While I am experienced with computers, I have no idea how to fix this. So if anybody knows how to fix this, can you please tell me? Also, if anyone needs pictures of the crashed scree, debug info, etc. I will gladly provide it. Thanks!

A:Kernel Drivers Crashing for all NVIDIA drivers with GTX 745

Out of curiosity, what driver version are you running?
Also, try going to Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Power Management Mode, set it to High Performance not Adaptive and see if that helps

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/43047-kernel-drivers-crashing-all-nvidia-drivers-gtx-745-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have upgraded to Windows 10. But I need drivers for graphics, audio and etc. When I visit it's site, I see a number of drivers listed. How should I select appropriate drivers to install in my notebook.Hp15-ac042tu Intel core i3 windows10 64bit

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Which-drivers-to-select-to-install-from-HP-drivers-storage/td-p/5670070
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all.
I'm trying to reinstall Intel MB drivers on my HTPC computer, after a power breakdown at home:
The computer shutdown abruptly of course, and when I reopened it, I noticed that I can't use my USB keyboard or any other USb devices.

By checking Device Manager I saw that all USB devices had the yellow exclamation mark on them. Snapshot:
http://screencast.com/t/GNoprlkg
Tried to reinstall my mb's chipset drivers but it wouldn't install. I get an error when it wants to install USB drivers. Weird stuff:
http://screencast.com/t/xlJtkuV06

What would you suggest me to do before I waste two hours of my life to reinstall windows?

Relevancy 59.77%

I am writing this on a Windows based Samsung Netbook with an Device Laptop Drivers no network for with drivers... Intel Device Drivers for Laptop with no network drivers... Atom inside and the Starter edition of Win However I also recently acquired an Acer Laptop - E - which came with Windows After downloading and trying Win for a week or so I decided to try Linux - can't even remember which version - Ubuntu I think though neither went well so let's gloss over that Anyway I bought a copy of Windoze bit online for the Acer and installed that but now my system tells me that I don't have a genuine version and I've missing drivers - and because I have no wi-fi I can't Device Drivers for Laptop with no network drivers... download them directly Ethernet controller Network Controller PCI simple Controller SM Bus Controller USB Controller And to make matters more complex the Acer is a bit version Oh and I've already tried downloading them from Acer and other System setup sites with downloader s w But they all seem to drive me nuts with ads and viruses Answers on a post-card please

A:Device Drivers for Laptop with no network drivers...

all of the relevant drivers can be downloaded from the acer website for your laptop.

you can gain access to the internet from the acer by plugging an ethernet cable in directly from your router/modem.

only download from trusted sources, and when it comes to drivers only download from the vendor. just go onto the acer website, click support or downloads. and fill out the form. making sure you choose win 7 64bit as well as the correct model of laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330332-device-drivers-laptop-no-network-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i cant play games which require 1gb graphic card,when i bought my laptop they said there is 2gb graphic card in this laptop c and c++ programs are not working

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-installed-graphic-drivers-and-lan-drivers-to-my-laptop/td-p/5675471
Relevancy 58.91%

hi
i want to do a fresh install so i checked by my motherboard site for that latest drivers and i saw that they were last updated a year ago (no win 10 support etc.) so i want to know from where is the best to download the drivers from the chipset vendor or from motherboard vendor?

A:chipset vendor or motherboard vendor?

Hi avismile10

Getting the drivers from the manufacturer's site is highly recommended for Notebook PCs.
For Desktop PCs, I'd say get them from the vendor site (or using this method here from our sister forum: PC Help Forum)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/370256-chipset-vendor-motherboard-vendor.html
Relevancy 57.62%

When I tried to install windows 7 Home premium (Dell) on my pc, I get this message...All it gives is only OK, Cancel and Browse options...I tried browsing everywhere in my pc but it didn't solve that...Hope someone would help me...

The actual message is:
"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing.  If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash
drive, please insert it now.  Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step."  <Browse> <OK> <Cancel>

A:"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok"

I have had the same problem on an Acer laptop.  My issue was that I tried to install via the USB 3.0 port.  Both external dvd and usb/iso failed.  Iserting the USB stick into the USB 2.0 port, and installed flawlessly.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b4eeaf3-e7c4-4057-821d-f3a45451374f/quotno-device-drivers-were-found-make-sure-that-the-installation-media-contains-the-correct?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 57.62%

I am installing new drivers after an upgrade to windows from windows and I have separate issues The page I am using for drivers is here MSI Global And I am following the suggested order When I began setup for the Intel VGA driver I received an error message saying that quot This computer does not meet the requirements quot - I skipped it and continued down the list of drivers but I am concerned since the second monitor I want to use is still not working - The Nvidia VGA driver installed correctly Is this a normal error and I should accept it as I do not need that driver or should I find another Intel VGA driver to try I have installed the Killer LAN and Killer AND Killer drivers LAN Intel drivers? LAN Wireless Killer LAN drivers AND Intel LAN drivers? LAN drivers for my laptop Do I now need to ALSO install the Intel Wireless LAN drivers or no Is it optional or required or don't do it at all Thanks for your Killer LAN drivers AND Intel LAN drivers? help

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36156-killer-lan-drivers-intel-lan-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey all Not very good with computers and I'm having trouble finding my exact problem on the internet I was hoping that someone would be able to shed some light on this issue When I start up the computer it gives me the done, no >:( Detect drivers drivers found. any message Detect drivers done Detect drivers done, no any drivers found. >:( no any drivers found real briefly I don't notice any issues with it other than I can't play the new Detect drivers done, no any drivers found. >:( starcraft beta and ventrilo When I start starcraft up it says Cannot display this video mode optimum resolution x Hz When I enter vent it gives me this message Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed HR DSERR NODRIVER No sound driver is available for use I have dl'd the current update for my video drive and it says its up to date Here are my specs I would really appreciate some feedback Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model DX BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS B E amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic Non-PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id Native Mode unknown Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- A - CF-CF C- FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x E SubSys ID x B E Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev e Rank Of Driver E D D Overlay Supported DXVA-HD Supported DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled If you need to know more info plz let me know I am not very good with computers

A:Detect drivers done, no any drivers found. >:(

Hi and welcome to TSF please go here and download all the drivers for your machine
http://support.gateway.com/support/d...ep.asp?Tab=All

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/detect-drivers-done-no-any-drivers-found-484196.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I have an Aspire 5332 , listed in Drivers and manuals   for the Operating system is Alps Touchpad and Synaptics Touchpad. Are both drivers meant to be installed or is it a choice ? Thanks

A:Do i need both touchpad drivers listed In drivers ...

just one and must match the installed hardware on your laptop. you can check it on Device manager, Mice and other pointing devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Do-i-need-both-touchpad-drivers-listed-In-drivers-and-manuals/td-p/399456/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there i am using a ASUS V9520/TD GeForce FX 5200 or FX 5500 not sure. please can someone link me to a compatible driver that's for win 7?

Thanks,
COre 7

A:Need WDDM drivers for win 7, cant get hold of Win 7 drivers

got it fixed with vista drivers extracted

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/272980-need-wddm-drivers-win-7-cant-get-hold-win-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Question: should i install nforce drivers from nvidia web site or just stick with win 7 64bit drivers.
I got this pc from a friend it already had win 7 64 bit on it but i didnt see any nforce drivers in the unistall section.I did however install the latest graghicsw drivers.
System is running smooth just wanted to get the best performance possible.
Also speccy say's i have a nforce 720a mobo and nvidia's say's it's a 710a,whats up with that,,,,anyway thanks for any advice.....

A:nvidia nforce drivers better than win 7 64 bit drivers!!

Hello,

If it's running smoothly.... let it be. (If it's not broke, don't fix it)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/92263-nvidia-nforce-drivers-better-than-win-7-64-bit-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Dell desktop that was originally a Vista box, but I recently did a fresh install of Win7. I allowed Windows Update to do all of the driver installations. Is that adequate? If this was a home-built PC I would go to the website for each component and get the latest drivers. But being a Dell, it's a little murky trying to figure out exactly which components are in there. I can go to the Dell website and see all the drivers they provide for my PC, but since it's 2 years old they only provide Vista drivers, not 7 drivers.

So my question is: Is the Windows Update method adequate for making sure my drivers are correct? Are they a better match than the Vista drivers Dell provides? Or do I need to go hunting and experimenting and try to find Win7 drivers for each component on my own?

A:Microsoft Drivers vs Manufacturer Drivers

Hi -

I myself find that Windows Updates under Windows 7 has taken care of most of my 3rd party device driver updates. However, I do routinely make my way to Intel for their latest wifi updates, same with NVIDIA and audio.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-drivers-vs-manufacturer-drivers-490290.html
Relevancy 57.62%

i've installed all the recommended drivers in the hp site, but after installing all the drivers, system couldn't identify some drivers. 1. ethernet drivers2. skylake PCH CSME HECI #1 9D3A3. usb 3.0 drivers4. amd graphics drivers and intel integrated drivers. please solve this issuse

A:installed all the drivers but still few drivers are missing

siddhu1811 wrote:i've installed all the recommended drivers in the hp site, but after installing all the drivers, system couldn't identify some drivers. 1. ethernet drivers2. skylake PCH CSME HECI #1 9D3A3. usb 3.0 drivers4. amd graphics drivers and intel integrated drivers. please solve this issuseFYI. This is  Hp user forum not a HP Support ticket fix support. For that you need to contact Official HP support. Did you look at the HP driver page for you laptop to find the drivers first?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/installed-all-the-drivers-but-still-few-drivers-are-missing/td-p/5519186
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I have an Aspire 5332 , listed in Drivers and manuals   for the Operating system is Alps Touchpad and Synaptics Touchpad. Are both drivers meant to be installed or is it a choice ? Thanks

A:Do i need both touchpad drivers listed In drivers ...

just one and must match the installed hardware on your laptop. you can check it on Device manager, Mice and other pointing devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Do-i-need-both-touchpad-drivers-listed-In-drivers-and-manuals/td-p/399456
Relevancy 57.62%

Can drivers usually be installed on top of existing drivers When reading Over Drivers Drivers? Existing Install the excellent Tutorial on Driver Installations at bleepingcomputer I noticed it did not seem to say that uninstalling drivers usually needed to be done before updating them However I read the following quote Install Drivers Over Existing Drivers? today that that seemed to contradict my understanding quot Before installing any new Install Drivers Over Existing Drivers? drivers make sure to go to Add or Remove Programs under the Control Panel and uninstall any previous drivers for your device then reboot Windows and install the new version quot Quoted from The Tweaking XP Guide at must download http www tweakguides com TGTC Install Drivers Over Existing Drivers? html Now I must be missing something because it also seems that most drivers are not listed in Add Remove Programs either I would like to update most of my drivers so I just wanted to get a feeling for what was the general rule of course I will TRY to see what specific update sites say Thanks everyone - yardcat

A:Install Drivers Over Existing Drivers?

Hi Yardcat,

For myself, unless the update specifically says that I need to uninstall the previous driver, I just allow the update to install over it.

I have never had any problems with doing it this way.
Hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66309/install-drivers-over-existing-drivers/
Relevancy 57.62%

Just wondering which drivers you guys with ATI cards use. I stick with Catalyst drivers but Ive heard Omega drivers are faster but they are third party which raises some questions. Any opinions?

A:Omega drivers vs. Catalyst drivers

Here are some comments about the Omega Drivers: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1086739971/1. I've looked at it but don't feel like messing with my video card drivers... I'm sticking with ATI.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/omega-drivers-vs-catalyst-drivers.241458/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello.  I am trying to update my BIOS driver, however, I see that the option to download drivers are no more available on my product's support page. I previously located a an up-to-date BIOS driver and I am in need of it in order to keep my PC functioning. I'd appreciate your help in locating the right BIOS driver, and if no more available on your site, perhaps send me a copy through email (I take all responsibility for its installation). Regards,John

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Where did the (BIOS) drivers go? (No drivers are listed for ...

jcx_l HP is working to restore the drivers pages to this website but they haven't told us when they expect this to be done. All you can do now is keep checking back to see if the page has been restored.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Where-did-the-BIOS-drivers-go-No-drivers-are-listed-for-my/td-p/5709937
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello World I have been having trouble with my computer Earlier this week i reinstalled my XP partition on a XP Ubuntu dual booting system The audio would clip and the computer would ultimately freeze Now to trouble shoot Drivers = Freezing M2n-e Drivers + Nvidia Ccc Ati the problem i started googling and heard it might be my PSU which was deffective so i got a new one it works M2n-e Nvidia Drivers + Ati Ccc Drivers = Freezing great computer s now a quiet happy camper However windows is not Now by installing and uninstalling drivers one by one I have found out that the trouble with my windows environment is that the new ATi card s drivers are craptastique or are clashing with my Nvidia drivers M2n-e Nvidia Drivers + Ati Ccc Drivers = Freezing for the built in stuff of my M N-E motherboard I do not have these problems in my Ubuntu environment which further strengthens my belief that it s a Windows driver issue That would also explain my system event error is Dcom failing Well that you all for the help in advance Ellypho

A:M2n-e Nvidia Drivers + Ati Ccc Drivers = Freezing

Hello world!

I have solved my own problem.
The solution?
Instead off the bulky CCC drivers i just got the minimalistic drivers and so to enable my secoundary screen i just had to use the winedows system

Thanks anyways
Ellypho

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159770/m2n-e-nvidia-drivers-ati-ccc-drivers-freezing/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys well I own a Dell PowerEdge 400SC, whichd oesn't support XP+.. which I have Media Center, and I had it working before but I had to reformat, and can't seem to find the dirvers that I got working last time, right now I'm on my wireless card, but I would like to get on my wired connection.

So is there any program I can use to detect what drivers I need? or where can I go to get drivers for my computer?

A:Drivers program? Or help finding drivers

Start here, with the Dell website:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=PWE_PNT_P4_CEL_400_SC&os=WW1&osl=EN

If it doesn't have the drivers you need, you could next find it at the Windows Update site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-program-or-help-finding-drivers.457433/
Relevancy 57.62%

i dont kno if i should get an omega driver. i have the latest nvidia driver and i dont have any problems with it, but if the omega drivers are better then il get that. are they? also if i do download and install the omega drivers, do i have to uninstall my nvidia drivers? my video card is not the only thing that uses my nvidia drivers. my mother board also uses the nvidia drivers. its a nvidia nforce 61x0 MCP. so do i have to uninstall my nvidia drivers? should i even get the omega drivers? please help.

A:omega drivers or nvidia drivers?

The enemy of good, is better.
Wait until you are no longer happy with what you have. Don't get caught up in buying the latest thing just to have the latest product in a good review.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/omega-drivers-or-nvidia-drivers.85806/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a GTS250 made by EVGA. When I installed windows 7, it knew it automatically.

I would prefer to leave it alone, but I am I missing out? Will it perform better with the Drivers from EVGA?

A:Win7 drivers or NVidia drivers?

Do things seem sluggish? Are you having any problems? Anything unstable or acting up? If you answered no, I'd leave things alone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/33057-win7-drivers-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently reformatted my computer, after it went FUBAR on me, and now I am having some glitchy scrolls whenever I scroll down web pages, and I have no sound, it's the same thing that happened the last time I reformatted it, and it was like 5 months ago, so I can't remember the damned names of the drivers. Any help? I have windows xp home edition, and my graphics card is an ATI.. I remember something on the lines of CCC (Catalyst Control Center)? Does that help you any? Please get back to me quick, I've got to get to bed...

Relevancy 57.62%

I just found and downloaded a Nic driver for a dell computer that I had to formaty and reinstall XP on. Problem is when I got the file on a floppy and extracted it in the dell computer I cant figure out which folder to clic on or how to install it. can someone help me out here. I usually get the CD but they are out of town and I would like to have this set up and ready when they get back thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

Latest Crimson Edition Drivers seems to crash repeatedly on desktop "Display Driver has stopped and has recovered" again and again once you hit the desktop, sometimes when you run a game or something that is related to the graphics. The only solutions was to Disable the drivers, downgrade to Win 7/8.1 or install a 14.12 Omega which is what I'm using right now. I've tried using DDU and TdrDelay, still no good. Right now the 14.12 omega is stable but playing games doesn't seem to give me a good framerate since it's outdated. Any workaround or reason why it crashes?

A:Latest AMD Drivers "display drivers stopped and recovered" Win 10

Having the same issue with internal Intel HD graphics.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33877-latest-amd-drivers-display-drivers-stopped-recovered-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Since the template to vendor generator catalog I How to change and the catalog vendor there is no tag for Microsoft Dynamics AX R AX R environment This is related to Vendor Catalog Procurement and nbsp sourcing Common Catalogs Vendor catalogs Related information Generate nbsp catalog template - Application Integration Framework Inbound I want to add some more fields to the existing XSD file template and then I have nbsp to generate the CMR template file So how can I change the vendor catalog and to the vendor catalog template nbsp generator the functionality that generates the XSD file for the import see nbsp Procurement and sourcing Common Catalogs Vendor catalogs Related nbsp information Generate catalog template My main goal from this change is to add some more fields to the vendor catalog nbsp and to the vendor catalog template How to I change the vendor catalog and to the vendor catalog template generator generator so that I should be able to import nbsp the new fields along with the existing standard vendor catalog fields and along nbsp with that while importing also I have to some more validations and my nbsp customized code then the records have to be inserted updated into AX What is the exact path to change or add or remove the fields in the existing XSD nbsp file and accordingly XML file I tried to generate the XML file from XSD using nbsp Visual Studio but i am getting the error as XXX namespace was not resolved

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6acc9e3d-0559-4e9d-9b0e-963286620b42/how-to-i-change-the-vendor-catalog-and-to-the-vendor-catalog-template-generator?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I think my chipset is Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.93GHz and my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-8TRC410M-NF but when using Driver Genius to scan for driver updates it reports back AMD South Bridge Driver (PCI bus) & AMD Chipset Drivers (ATII/O Communications Processor SMBus Controller) need installing/updating ?

Do I need them ? I think I've installed ATI Catalyst before for the SMBus driver but recently uninstalled because I didn't understand what it was for and didn't like the folder/installer

A:AMD Drivers On An Intel Chipset (South Bridge & Chipset Drivers ?)

First thing, check your specs just to be 100% sure of what you have.

Second, Driver Genius and any similar program is not really recommended as they aren't particularly reliable.

Then if you still have drivers for stuff you don't have we can talk about them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/250896-amd-drivers-intel-chipset-south-bridge-chipset-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

when i look at driver details in some of my system devices i see a path that has the driver capitalized, adn when that is the case, in the gwneral tab the driver location is listed as unknown. anyone know the background on this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system32-drivers-vs-system32-drivers-nd-driver-location-unknown.966000/
Relevancy 53.32%

My MSI motherboard (K9N6SGM-V) currently doesn't have drivers for Windows 7, can I use the Vista drivers? I am just a basic computer user, I don't need support for directx 11, nor do I needs support for new touch screen features.

A:MB has no drivers for Win 7 can I use Vista drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by Dark Lord

My MSI motherboard (K9N6SGM-V) currently doesn't have drivers for Windows 7, can I use the Vista drivers? I am just a basic computer user, I don't need support for directx 11, nor do I needs support for new touch screen features.

Welcome to Seven Forums, Dark Lord.

What devices are you having problems with?

(Put another way, if you aren't having any problems, you may not need any drivers.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35941-mb-has-no-drivers-win-7-can-i-use-vista-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi
Recently I have just reforatted my old computer.. At the start the cd drive i used to install windows with worked fine.. It has only been lately when the computer has been failing startups, but i have fixed that. The problem is that none of the cd/dvd drives have been recodnised. I go into hardware, and it just shows a ? mark next to the drives. Today i bought a $135 external dvd drive, which has made no difference, it still shows a ? mark next to it. I stuck the external into this computer, and it worked fine. When i go into my computer no drives are shown, only ones off the HDD. I am hoping for anybody to help me!! I really need these drives working. Any help appreciated

Relevancy 53.32%

I have an HP Pavilion 15 L3S53EA laptop, and when I go to HP Drivers site, and type in my model name, it gives me drivers for my laptop, but for my GPU, it gives me 3 drivers that are identical, but not the same.http://imgur.com/4qTY2dISo which one should I install? 

A:3 drivers for my GPU on the drivers site, which one?

Hi, Please try from the latest. If not happy, try the older ... Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/3-drivers-for-my-GPU-on-the-drivers-site-which-one/td-p/5766728
Relevancy 53.32%

I think i have a problem (not sure if i really do)
I have win xp+sp2

When i go to My computer-properties-device-device manager-Controllers IDE ATA/ATAPI, and press '+', I see this line
NVIDIA NForce 2(tm) SPP/IGP ATA Controller
is this normal? should i seen something else?
thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

Kindly provide us link to download drivers of HP 15-BA025AU Drivers for Win 10. our many devices are not installed ie. wifi.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/want-drivers-for-HP-15-BA025AU-Drivers-for-Win-10/td-p/5747171
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a XFX 5850 and i'm wondering, would the driver you download from the XFX site be different from the one on the ATI/AMD site? And is the software then driver comes with the same, IE:cat control center?

A:Are drivers from ATI (AMD) different from the manufacturer drivers?

they are the same
just when you buy the card and recieve the disk it is ussually the older drivers already because at the time that was the one used

If you buy a new gpu it is better recomended to just snag them from the site and update it all together

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/132494-drivers-ati-amd-different-manufacturer-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a acer aspire e700 desktop which is about five years old, Loaded with vista premium 32bit recently upgraded to windows 7 premium 64bit and is running perfect and a lot faster.
The problem is there is a missing driver in the device manager which says
(PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER) I have no idea what the driver is for or even where to get one i'm at a complete loss.
I would be grateful if someone could give me any advice on how to fix this problem.

THANKS

A:Windows 7 Drivers

here are the drivers for your system, its nearly half way down the page Acer Aspire E700 Drivers Download for Windows 7, 8, XP, Vista

I found it by using google and typing pci simple communications controller acer aspire e700

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-drivers-818586.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Guys,

My laptop computer has a 64-bit processor, but I've always used Windows 7 32-bit on it, because that was what I had here. Now I have the oportunity to install Windows 7 64-bit, but I think there's a little problem.

The brand of my laptop is Positivo (a famous brand here in Brazil, my country). On their website, I can download all drivers I need, but they are all for 32-bit Windows version. Only two or three are for both 32 and 64-bit version.

So, my question is... Can I use 32-bit drivers on Windows 64-bit? Or do I really need to go after these 64-bit drivers somewhere else, instead of their website?

------
Edit:

Instead of downloading drivers from Positivo's website, would it be the same if I downloaded them from the website of the mainboard (Clevo)? It's weird, because they don't seem to have 64-bit versions either. Where should I go?

Thanks for your attention.

brunces

A:32-bit drivers for 64-bit Windows

Unfortunately, no.. you can't use 32bit drivers on a 64bit OS ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/134747-32-bit-drivers-64-bit-windows.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hei. I have just installed windows 8 and Windows automatically installed my drivers like sound..graphics and so on. Should i install the drivers from the manufacturer's site too? or let windows install my drivers?

A:Windows drivers

It is always best to check the manufacturers website for drivers 1st as Microsoft tend to lag behind a bit as I have found out in the past....you could be missing out on newer drivers !

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/26496-windows-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hii Please someone help me to find all latest drivers for my motherboard. M getting confused to find exact "rev" no Thank You

A:Windows 7 Drivers Help

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/82409219.png http://img717.imageshack.us/i/gr1x.png http://img24.imageshack.us/i/gr2m.png

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/93436-windows-7-drivers-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i installed windows 7 64 bit in my HP Notebook - 15-ac124tu but i did not got drivers for installation on your website. what shall i do??? plz help me

A:Drivers Are Not Available For Windows 7 64 bit

Hi: You should be able to use the W7 x64 drivers and software from the 15t-ac000 on your model, except the BIOS and firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac000-Notebook-PC-series/7771404/model/8381866

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Drivers-Are-Not-Available-For-Windows-7-64-bit/td-p/5602577
Relevancy 52.46%

My Windows 7 does not recognize my new PNY 128gb usb flash drive.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Starter, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2035 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 136175 MB, Free - 90895 MB; D: Total - 16147 MB, Free - 2309 MB; E: Total - 98 MB, Free - 89 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 148A
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

A:Drivers for Windows 7

Does the drive work in another PC? Do other devices work in the same USB port?

Windows uses generic drivers for USB storage devices, no extra drivers are needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-for-windows-7.1117727/
Relevancy 52.46%

hello,i recently bought an ssd drive.so, i want to put windows from the start and i need all the CORRECT drivers for my laptop.i don't want to put wrong drivers and need to unistall them later.So i need the drivers for my laptop, windows 10 64bit.could you tell me the exact drivers i have to put in?the basic only... to work properly!thank you for your time.also, i would like to know the thickness of my dvd drive, so i can buy a dvd caddy to put my hdd.thank you again!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/drivers-for-windows-10/td-p/5752913
Relevancy 52.46%

help me to get the drivers of windows 8.1 in my hp envy m6 1103tx.

A:not getting drivers of windows 8.1

ac007 wrote:help me to get the drivers of windows 8.1 in my hp envy m6 1103tx.You can download all of the Windows 8/8.1 drivers from the HP ENVY m6-1103tx Notebook PC Software & Driver Downloads page, here.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/not-getting-drivers-of-windows-8-1/td-p/5629148
Relevancy 52.46%

I need drivers for Windows XP. I daul booted XP and 7. But sound only works on Windows 7.  I have a HP Pavilion a5403w

A:I need Windows XP Drivers For

Hi: Here are the XP chipset (which also installs the ethernet), and the graphics drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/30518/en-us http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/57493/en-us Audio:  Accept the agreement.  Download and install the first driver listed in green. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Let me know what else you need and I'll see what I can do.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-need-Windows-XP-Drivers-For/td-p/5672278
Relevancy 52.46%

hi guys i'm new user of windows 7 ultimate and i have this graphics card
Gigabyte 4650 GVR465OC-1GI 1GB (PCI Express) can anyone please help me and give me a link for windows 7 drivers for this card???????

A:windows 7 drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by Av4t4r

hi guys i'm new user of windows 7 ultimate and i have this graphics card
Gigabyte 4650 GVR465OC-1GI 1GB (PCI Express) can anyone please help me and give me a link for windows 7 drivers for this card???????

Hi and welcome to seven forums

Your card seems to use an ATI based chipset according to this article Gigabyte GV-R465D2-1GI Radeon HD 4650 AGP Review and you can get a driver from ati. Just need to know if you are 32bit or 64.

Hope this helps

Ken`

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34792-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I cannot play Freecell, Solitaire or Mahjong. I am told this is because I only have Win95 drivers and am operating Win98.

I have tried ti download upgrades to my graphics card and motherboard through Giga-byte without success.

I have an old computer running Intel 440X AGP-PCI BIOS with Award Modular BIOS V4.51 PGM and Pentium 11 - MMX CPU at 300mhz.

Can anyone advise me how to obtain necessary software to let me play these games.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey I need to reformat and install Windows Xp and i need some help with which drivers I need
my computer is an HP a1330n media center pc.
I found this site with drivers, but which ones do I need from it?:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1815825

also could someone show me a link to the right chipset driver
and also one for ethernet driver

thank you

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I need drivers for  USB controller.The Hardware ID is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&SUBSYS_2190103C&REV_0AThe drivers  from http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=6431933&spf_p... doesn't work.Thanks

A:Windows 7 X64 drivers for HP 250 G2

Did the usb 3.0 ports just stop working after an update or some event? Were you conecting a device to the ports that may have had a high current draw?  Some devices ( many external DVD burners and SATA disk connnectors)  may need to use two ports at once.  Try the following USB 3.0 driver (it is for the same chipset, so it is safe) http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-127277-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-7-X64-drivers-for-HP-250-G2/td-p/3649686