Windows Support Forum

acer aspire 5680 windows 7 issues

Q: acer aspire 5680 windows 7 issues

I have recently installed windows 7 professional on an acer aspire 5680 and having a few problems regarding updating drivers for a few devices (orbicam, touchpad, realtek audio etc.)

Since acer doesn't offer windows 7 compatible drivers for this model, I was wondering if anyone has had similiar problems and found some sort of viable solution(s). Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: acer aspire 5680 windows 7 issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: acer aspire 5680 windows 7 issues

I have acer aspire 5515 and just used the original ones that were intended for vista for the web cam. Many of the others (touchpad. hotkeys, display/audio) downloaded automatically from Microsoft via windows update upon installation once I had internet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/54356-acer-aspire-5680-windows-7-issues.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I'm looking for a driver for built-in Logitech webcam Acer Aspire 5680. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.

I've tried this: Acer Support - Drivers & Download
Acer doesn't seem to have drivers for Windows 7. The XP/Vista drivers do not work. Windows 7 cannot find the webcam.

Any ideas, folks?

A:Logitech webcam driver for Acer Aspire 5680

I have a different Aspire model but I found that Windows 7 already supported the web cam. It just doesn't have any software to make use of it.

Click on start, then right click on computer, then properties, then click on device manager (top left). Click next to imaging devices and see if there is "USB Video Device" or something similar. If it's there, yu just need some software to use your camera. You can try this out:

Yawcam - Yet Another Webcam Software

You'll need the Javascript runtime environment. If you don't have it, the installer offers to take you to the web page. Once you have Jave runtime installed, you can go back and install Yawcam. It's not hard to figure out, but you'll have to tell it what device you want it to use. I think you have to do it every time, but I haven't played much with it yet. There are other free web cam programs available also. This is just one that I tried to use with the camera to see if it was working.

Don

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/43278-logitech-webcam-driver-acer-aspire-5680-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have upgraded my aspire 5680 (latest bios 3.60) with a intel 7260AC wifi pcie card (win7 ultimate). The card is recognized by windows and the drivers are installed without problems. The network control center shows the adapter as enabled, BUT the slider button (in the front of the laptop) is dead. So the wifi is deactivated and no networks can been detected.Probably a BIOS issue. When i turn on the appropriate bit in the EC controler (via special software), the wifi LED goes on and the slider button works fine. The WiFi is enabled and all works fine. But this solution is only a work around. I would appreciate any ideas, how the BIOS can be modified to recognize the card.

A:ASPIRE 5680 WIN7 recognizes Intel 7260AC wifi pcie...

Does Device Mgr show any device warnings, errors or conflicts? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ASPIRE-5680-WIN7-recognizes-Intel-7260AC-wifi-pcie-card-but-the/td-p/362480/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello everyone this is my first post here I looked around this 6935 Acer to having issues few Aspire Windows 8, upgrade a website and I found that the people in here are very kind Anyway I installed Windows Professional onto my Acer Aspire g and I found a few problems - The brightness does not change at all wether I press FN and Right or Left or do Acer Aspire 6935 upgrade to Windows 8, having a few issues it from Windows It doesn't change - The sound and bass sounds perfect after installing drivers but every now and then it fuzzes so for instance when an error appears it makes a quot fzzzzzz quot sound and it's annoying I did something to it and it might be working fine now I have to wait and see Those are the problems I am having at the moment I have to wait and see if I get more problems on Windows I have it dual-booted with Windows just in case if anything goes wrong and thank lord I did I am typing this in Windows right now because Windows is having some problems Please can anyone help - Ikram P S sorry if I posted this in the wrong category I did not know which one to put it in

A:Acer Aspire 6935 upgrade to Windows 8, having a few issues

Can anyone help? I having been waiting a while now.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44615-acer-aspire-6935-upgrade-windows-8-having-few-issues.html
Relevancy 73.53%

help I'm soooo confused I'm trying to handle a lot of data over several disks Have a laptop on the network connected via a router and network drives and shares have been working well in Windows so far I've reached a point where I'd like to create shares using cmd I found and downloaded rmtshare exe and after some time I managed to create some network shares on a windows desktop using the command rmtshare computername sharename drive path grant user f remove everyone It works but When I try this on my laptop same OS however I get quot command failed error quot The interesting thing is I can create and delete network shares on the desktop computer DESKTOP when at the command prompt ON THE LAPTOP ACE but not vice versa rmtshare ACE returns the network shares but none can be added or removed Same user account pwd on both machines same OS same workgroup now too So I can create shares on the desktop computer from EITHER computer using for example rmtshare DESKTOP moreusers c users grant zephyr f remove everyone but when trying the equivalent on the laptop rmtshare ACE somemoreusers c users grant zephyr f remove everyone I 7 aspire ultimate d250) rmtshare one issues on (acer windows laptop get the error rmtshare computername works on both machines when calling both machines ie it lists all network rmtshare issues on windows 7 ultimate laptop (acer aspire one d250) shares but only shares to the desktop can be created Sharing via explorer using properties and the sharing tab works fine on the laptop it's only when setting up networks shares to the laptop from either the laptop or the desktop where I run into this issue Weird Anyone any ideas Hope this makes sense and thanks for any suggestions or advice THANKS Jonny

A:rmtshare issues on windows 7 ultimate laptop (acer aspire one d250)

well the rmtshare stopped working on both, but I'm still able to map networks, just unable to set "advanced" permissions on the share. Any info still, of course, most welcome

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/170783-rmtshare-issues-windows-7-ultimate-laptop-acer-aspire-one-d250.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all I decided to register in this community in order to get some advice and opinion about issues I'm experiencing with this laptop I'm an owner of an Acer Aspire ES - which I ES1-111 Acer aspire issues bought a week ago nbsp Since its first configuration I noticed problems using it with windows its native OS For example touchpad or keyboard not working properly and most of all shutdown problems In this particular case I was never able to shutdown properly the device because it Acer aspire ES1-111 issues either freezed or remained with the power indicator that continued being on although it seemed that Acer aspire ES1-111 issues the system was shutdown However in order to really shutdown I had to press power button nbsp Firstly I decided to reset the system with the integrated software eRecovery but problems remained nbsp Secondly nbsp I decided to do a clean install of the operating system and I tried both Windows and Windows In both cases installation process finished without problems but when trying installing all drivers I experienced freezes and again shutdown problems I followed an order to install drivers Chipset first than VGA etc but in most of cases I had the aformentioned issues I also tried disabling Turn on fast startup recommended to no avail nbsp nbsp But now comes the strange part nbsp I finally decided to give a try to Windows and to my surprise everything is working fine I was nbsp able to install drivers properly and to shutdown or restart my notebook without problems Now I'm using it with Windows but as it is in warranty I would like to ask you what do you think about this issues nbsp nbsp I find quite strange that a notebook isn't working properly with its native OS but it's fine with an old OS Do you think I should send it to Acer assistance or ask to change it although I don't know if I'm still able to pursue nbsp this second option nbsp Thanks for your attention nbsp Mic nbsp nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer aspire ES1-111 issues

I think I found the reason why I was unable to run Windows 8.1 smoothly after a fresh installation. I was trying to install it while setting Bios in LEGACY mode, which is good for OS prior to Windows 8 (like Windows 7, as it was working perfectly) but not for Windows 8/8.1 as it probably cause some issue when installing drivers etc. So I decided to reset Bios to its original UEFI mode. That was the right decision. Not only touchpad was recognized well during the loading of the bootable usb stick (expecially since Touchpad was set on "advanced", which, in legacy mode, would not work at all) but also because, when OS installation process was completed, I was able to install all hardware drivers properly and shutdown/reboot operations were fully working without issues/freezes and so on. Hope this information comes useful for other users.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-aspire-ES1-111-issues/td-p/352556/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

A while back my laptop was on and I had a friend holding it I accidentally wacked my arm onto the laptop and it fell to the ground and shut off I am guessing the hard drive was burnt failed etc When i turned on my acer aspire it would make a beeping noise I looked this up on google and came up Acer One Issues Aspire HDD with a chart for the noises which indicate what is wrong with the laptop I couldn t exactly identify what the acer aspire one s noise was as it was continuous beeping I thought though that it must be either the hard drive or the mother board Oh also when i booted the Acer Aspire One HDD Issues BIOS would go through all bootable choices HDD IDEO USB etc until it reached network PCI and it would come up with an error because there was nothing to bood Regardless to check whether the issue may be the motherboard or the Acer Aspire One HDD Issues HDD I got an external disk drive and plugged it in with a Windows XP CD the netbook booted fine but gave me a blue screen after all the components for XP installation were initiated the noise was still running in the background too I assumed it was the HDD got a new one put it in the netbook did NOT make any noise yet when i tried to boot off USB CD ext disk drive it still gave me a ablue screen after the components were initiated is there something else wrong the beeping occurs during POST edit also before i installed the new HDD the laptop did not recognize the HDD but now it recognizes the new one nbsp

A:Acer Aspire One HDD Issues

whats the make and version of the bios - when you open it - it should tell you

this site list the beeps
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

continous beeps - can be a faulty keyboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-hdd-issues.889939/
Relevancy 67.94%

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483262/laptop-touchpadscrollbar-scrolling-down-by-itself/ - Hamluis.

Hi, I am having the same issue on my acer Asipre running Win 7.  Very frustrating, do you think an upgrade to Win 8 will solve problem?

Thanks for any advice.

A:Acer Aspire Issues

Allen please start your own thread in order to get help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485027/acer-aspire-issues/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Having a few problems with my bluetooth through windows bit on an acer aspire v - Wouldn't usually post on somewhere like here but I've tried everything I can think of to no avail Main problems are with actually getting a bluetooth driver to install but if you have the time to read the rest would be much appreciated Just bought a new Airplay and bluetooth speaker cambridge audio minx air great for itunes but I also use spotify so the bluetooth connectivity would be really usefull as well I've used a few other devices to connect via bluetooth and they work fine so no issue with the speaker When I use my laptop to connect to the speaker via bluetooth though it either doesn't recognise the speaker or issues bluetooth Acer Aspire connects then states not connected after - secs I thought the only thing this could be is a Acer Aspire bluetooth issues bluetooth driver issue so I've downloaded a windows bluetooth driver from softpedia Acer Aspire V - Atheros Bluetooth Driver for Windows bit Free Download I've extracted to the desktop yet when I try to run the file windows brings up the window to allow the program to make changes I click yes and nothing happens Not Acer Aspire bluetooth issues sure what to do Thanks if you've read through all that and I'd appreciate any help as otherwise it looks like my next step may have to be a trip to the computer shop which will be upwards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/acer-aspire-bluetooth-issues-776970.html
Relevancy 67.08%

My Acer Aspire 5735z won't let me log on.
Infact when I click on the user and reach my desktop it stays there for about 30 seconds then it logs off again all by it's self. It is so frustrating and temporarily I have been using the Guest log in but I can't get to any of my files. Please help me I am so useless at computers I only just found out I'm on Vista and not XP. Thank You.

A:Acer Aspire 5735z log in issues.

Hi -

Boot into SAFEMODE - tap F8 key repeatedly during boot-up.

If you are able to remain in your account, create a new user account.

If not able to create new user account, activate the Hidden Admin user account -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555910

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5735z-log-in-issues-507957.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Im not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but I have an Acer Aspire M Desktop computer that has a boot and posting issue I got this machine with this problem and I'm in the process of restoring it So sometimes it posts and boots and sometimes it doesn't When it doesn't post or boot at all sometimes the cd drive light flashes constantly and there is no live screen at all Other times the cd drive light does not flash but the media card reader light is on sometimes both and sometimes neither If I let it sit like this for about minutes it will restart Aspire Acer boot issues itself and go Acer Aspire boot issues thorough the bios and boot properly Thats only when its cold like if its been off for a few hours If its been on for a while its like every other time Acer Aspire boot issues i turn it on there is either post and no boot or no post at all Ive reset the bios by jumper and by removing the cmos battery It does not beep at all when it does not post or not boot I read that I should try updating the bios but for some reason it wont let me It says quot Error loading driver quot Or quot incompatible with current OS quot I downloaded the correct drivers for the machine and the only one it wont load as far as i know is the bios update I've already replaced the cmos battery with ones i know are good but to no success I checked the ram and the processor to ensure they are seated correctly and they are Any ideas I need help with this Here are the machine specs to my knowledge Acer Aspire M AMD Athlon X processor ATI Redeon onboard graphics It is running windows vista x home premium I installed it fresh The bios version is R -B which is the older one It has GB or memory that I put in when i got the machine it had none These are pictures of what I see when I do try to run the file on that computer I took extra pictures to show which files im opening I transferred them off that machine to my laptop Maybe I'm not opening the file correctly Any help at all would be appreciated I would have tried to load the bios from power on I read online if i hold the fn and escape key it will load it from a usb if i name the files correctly but the keyboard I have that will work with this computer do not have an fn key FML My laptop does but that isnt gonna help me with the acer Sorry I typed so much just wanna be sure you guys are on the same page as me I would appreciate any help Thank you

A:Acer Aspire boot issues

Have you installed SP1 and Sp2 and subsequent updates?

Since the CD lights come one and then nothing afterwards, it sounds like a hard drive problem. I'm assuming the CD drive is the first boot device in the BIOS.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300417-acer-aspire-boot-issues.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm having a few issues with my laptop. I'm running Windows 8.1. Can someone please help me figure things out? 1.) Can't access Acer Explorer, says there's no program that can open it!! what?!2.) Keeps randomly shutting down. Yes I've run my virus program and made sure the fans running and clean. Still, however gets hot, so I'm wondering if I might need to replace the fan. How can I know for sure?3.) Keeps telling me I need to update or install the flash player but when I do, it says I have the most updated version.4.) Can play and hear music played by my media player, but when I try to burn the file to a disc it says either to install cd/dvd burner or the format is wrong. I have a cd/dvd burner installed and it works just great except when I download music from the internet and try burning them to a cd.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-v3-731-laptop-issues/td-p/438576/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I am unable to view anything on my laptop, Acer Aspire 5740g, not sure what exactly happened but the screen is currently a darkish shade of grey. I am not able to hear anything for the start up and connecting it to a external display, the display receives no input for the laptop. I have unplugged the charger and removed the battery and held the power button but the screen still stay grey. I have been having this problem for about a day now with no change, one other thing, I am unable to access the bios system.

Advice would be much appreciated

A:Acer Aspire Display Issues

The steps you've gone through are the usual remedies. Next option is to test the AC adapter. You can buy a testing device cheaply at any electronics store. If unsuccessful, unfortunately you might need a repair shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-display-issues-629244.html
Relevancy 67.08%

System two years old. VISTA, 4 gb ram, AMD AM2 Athlon 64 x2,
With no changes, unable to recognize internet connection. Connection is good. (Other wireless in house work/connect).
Unable to fix. Reinstall to factory default VISTA operating system.
No help.
Lost keyboard recognizition, but sees mouse..it is a logitech combo ?

CMOS battery okay, ram okay, video card okay. dvd/cd okay.

Could if be someone got to my bios? (Mcafee, showed an intrustion attempt a week ago.)

What are symptoms of attacker getting into bios?

Please ask if you need additional information...Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-e380-issues-310142.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey there guys my Dad purchased an Aspire E - recently for my th birthday and I've been struggling with internet problems At first I thought it could've been Acer E1-571 Aspire Internet Issues? my own internet issue but the problem is replicated at a friend's house and boyfriend's house and I've tried it with multiple browsers so it's clearly an Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues? issue with the laptop itself It seems to me that the internet just keeps cutting off at very frequent periods at least every minutes if not Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues? sooner but rarely at longer Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues? intervals It'll just continue trying to load a page endlessly or eventually tell me that the page cannot be loaded despite the internet signal showing that it's on It's practically unusable and very annoying -- especially as a lot of my wages come from making articles online and I'm struggling to access the internet having already thrown out my previous laptop Any ideas what the problem is All I could think it may be is a driver problem or the network card is busted Thanks in advance

A:Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues?

I'm getting the worrying sinking feeling that I'm not going to get any help from Acer here then, especially seeing as the reply that was here yesterday has been deleted. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-E1-571-Internet-Issues/td-p/49999/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone nbsp I have an Acer Aspire V - PG that is less than Trackpad V3-572PG) issues Aspire (Acer a year old I Trackpad issues (Acer Aspire V3-572PG) have an occasional issue with Trackpad issues (Acer Aspire V3-572PG) the trackpad that I m wondering about I ve tried to read a bit about issues people have had with the trackpad on this laptop but I Trackpad issues (Acer Aspire V3-572PG) m unclear on what exactly the problem and solution is if anything nbsp nbsp Every so often in the middle of use randomly and not very frequently the trackpad will change the way it responds Sometimes these issues begin individually sometimes all at once nbsp - tap-to-click behaves as if I m holding down the mouse button e g if I tap and then move the cursor it will highlight text instead of just clicking or stops working altogether- to move the cursor I must use two fingers instead of one- scrolling seems to stop working- right-click is malfunctioning also nbsp When this happens I have to restart my machine and then the trackpad works as usual nbsp The driver says it s up to date and nothing in particular seems to trigger this issue when it occurs the computer sometimes seems to slow briefly and then goes back to normal but sometimes it's completely normal and it just happens Either way the trackpad is messed up until I restart Is this what anyone else experiences Is there a fix Software or hardware Any advice would be appreciated

A:Trackpad issues (Acer Aspire V3-572PG)

It sounds like the left and/or right button is sticking. Turn it over, shake it,wrap a towel around your hand and lightly bump it at the trackpat, blow it out with a can of air.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Trackpad-issues-Acer-Aspire-V3-572PG/td-p/426149/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there,

I have the Acer Aspire 5742 series laptop and I am suffering from overheating issues - temperatures are staying around the 60C mark with just google chrome open, on idle it doesn't go below 50C, when doing anything intensive it goes up to 70C+, sometimes even 90C+. I cannot run a virus scan with McAfee because it just overheats the laptop.

I've got some arctic silver 5 thermal paste (left over from when I did a fix on a Packard Bell machine) and am thinking about replacing the fan - how easy is it to replace the fan and heatsink? Is this worth it and will it fix the overheating issue?

Furthermore, is there anything else I can do to fix the overheating? I want to be able to cure this overheating problem once and for all. Thanks for your help.

A:Acer Aspire 5742 Overheating issues

Hi,
First thing you should do is get rid of both Mcafee and Chrome and see how it runs,

As far as remodeling a laptop that depends on your skills
If it has a ssd in it or not that would be another thing to do which will cut down on heat and of course speed the sucker up a lot

After Mcafee and Chrome are gone do this for us,
Also make sure you use the Mcafee removal tool
How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool
Use Clean boot,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html
Click Start and type in the search box,
msconfig
Click on the suggestion on top or hit the Enter key,
Go to the Startup section and take some screen shots for a complete list,
Go to the Services section and on the bottom left Check the box to Hide All Microsoft services,
Repeat the screen shots,
See the links above my signature on how to take and upload screen shots here,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/376303-acer-aspire-5742-overheating-issues.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire S - that came pre-loaded with windows While I was attempting to Acer UEFI, USB Issues etc. S7-392 on Aspire GPT, Boot make the machine dual-boot with Ubuntu I wiped out the original Windows install I purchased a recovery USB from Acer This USB stick boots fine and the Windows install goes smoothly until when it is finally finished and it says that the version of Windows that I have now installed is inactive and must be activated with a Microsoft Product Key Acer won't do anything about it and wants USB Boot Issues on Acer Aspire S7-392 UEFI, GPT, etc. me to return the machine to them to be repaired They claim that the embedded product key on the hard drive has somehow been corrupted and it must be sent back to them to be fixed I really don't want to have to send the machine away My employer a university has access and licenses to all microsoft products So I thought that I'd try to install windows from a different source I have a Windows Enterprise -bit DVD that I have made into a bootable USB with Rufus I originally tried the Windows DVD-USB utility but it formats the USB as ntfs which I have read is not going to work under UEFI machines - in any case I tried it and it wouldn't boot either Now for the life of me I cannot get the machine to boot off of the USB stick I have tried in UEFI and legacy mode with secure boot on and off and with the sata mode in Raid and AHCI mode According to Rufus the USB drive from Acer that the machine will actually boot from is flagged as non-bootable Out of desperation I tried to format my other Win USB this way - to look more like the USB stick that works USB Boot Issues on Acer Aspire S7-392 UEFI, GPT, etc. but that didn't seem to help I found another thread http Need more help with Win amp ot UEFI GPT here in the forum that describes a situation pretty similar to what I'm seeing Last week I was able to get a USB stick with Ubuntu to boot when I killed the Raid setup via the Intel Rapid Store configuration With no raid and the bios in legacy mode I was able to install Ubuntu However I would really like to get Windows restored to this computer I have upgraded the bios from V to V the latest from acer I have tried to run confirm-SecureBootUEFI in an elevated command prompt terminal but windows says that it cannot find the command From what I've read people are having trouble with these Acer machines Does anyone have any suggestions short of abandoning the machine and going with something else Is there something in the bootable USB recipe that I'm missing Any other ideas

A:USB Boot Issues on Acer Aspire S7-392 UEFI, GPT, etc.

I purchased a recovery USB from Acer. This USB stick boots fine and the Windows 8 install goes smoothly until, when it is finally finished, and it says that the version of Windows that I have now installed is inactive and must be activated with a Microsoft Product Key. Acer won't do anything about it and wants me to return the machine to them to be repaired.

Have you tried to activate?
Activate Windows 8 Online

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/33780-usb-boot-issues-acer-aspire-s7-392-uefi-gpt-etc.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 for my cousin on her computer. However, as you shouod know, the netbook doesn't have a cd/dvd drive. So I have created an .iso of the DVD, transfered it with the windows 7 usb dvd tool and tried to use that. I can get into it all, however when I format the partition and try to install windows, I get "Setup was unable to create a new "system partition" or locate an existing "system partition" Any ideas why?

A:Acer Aspire One D257 Netbook issues

That Acer should have the recovery partition on it containing the OS on it and using the Acer built in recovery software to do a factory restore.

Acer Support: Frequently Asked Questions list for How to use Acer eRecovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/291211-acer-aspire-one-d257-netbook-issues.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I have and Acer Aspire One that has a big problem This is my year old daughter's computer She got it for Christmas in By June it was really slow and bogged down due to cookies and any other number of things she had going on A friend was over and tried to do a system restore to get it back to factory settings In the middle of the restore the computer shut off One System Issues Acer Operating Aspire because the battery died Our luck that Acer Aspire One Operating System Issues it wasn't plugged in When you turn it on now it just goes to a black screen and does nothing I have taken it to box stores with so called technical support and was told that we had to get a new operating system I don't want to pay more for an operating system than the computer itself So I just went to purchase another one As I was putting it in lay-a-way the check out guy said that I could just down load a free operating system and install it That I could use the product key that is on the computer already I get by with computers but don't know where I could find it to download and make sure I got the right one and that I was doing it right It seems like something Acer Aspire One Operating System Issues I could do with just a little guidance I know that it came with Windows Starter Any help that you could give me would be very appreciated If you need more from me let me know and I will try my best to get you the info Thanks

A:Acer Aspire One Operating System Issues

Hi,

You definitely do NOT need to purchase a new operating system.

You can legitimately download a Windows 7 ISO, burn it to a DVD, install it and then activate it using the product key on the COA sticker affixed beneath the laptop.

Follow the instructions here to do that - it provides a link to download the Windows 7 ISO, and all the steps you need to perform. Read it thoroughly before starting.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

If your daughter still has files on this computer that haven't been backed-up, then use this to copy them off the laptop before re installing Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...cy-backup.html

Post back if you need more help.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284303-acer-aspire-one-operating-system-issues.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My laptop and Acer Aspire has always had a lousy internet connection and I ve just dealt with it until yesterday First off some recent background- Two days ago I upgraded the RAM in my laptop from gig to gigs and I had an internet connection albeit a lousy one It wasn t until yesterday morning that after we had the Verizon FiOS network set up that my computer started having worse issues It would repeatedly connect and dsiconnect at very short intervals It would allow me to click maybe three Connection Acer issues 5100 Aspire links and last a total of seconds before it shut off and restarted again Every other computer in the house had and has a perfectly good wireless connection After messing around with it for a bit I ended up shoving all of my important data onto a USB Acer Aspire 5100 Connection issues flash drive like Noah s Ark and just flattened the whole system After I reinstalled Acer Aspire 5100 Connection issues Vista the problem was still there I browsed the internet for a bit in those short bursts in which I could and became fairly certain that the problem was an out of date network adapter driver And so I downloaded and installed one for the Atheros AR EG My network adapter After I installed it my laptop didn t event recognize the network card anymore It won t even show up on Device Manager It asked that I quot install driver software for my ethernet controller quot And that s where I am right now I m using another computer to type this post with the one with the bum internet connection right next to me I m running Vista Premium x and I can dig up any other information you need to help me out Anyway thanks for helping One more thing- I ve contacted Acer technical support and found out that my laptop is out of warranty and is no longer supported Their website isn t a help at all edit Even when directly connected to the router via cable the problem still persisted before when the adapter was recognized nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Client Aspire Solved: ACER WLAN issues brought this laptop into this Solved: ACER Aspire WLAN issues morning for RAM upgrades According to information from Acer it can support G b under Vista which it has Ram update went without issue except I had to disable hibernation No biggie About minutes after booting up the system with Gb installed I go to add a network printer and can t get onto the local network via Wireless Nothing changed in that regard The system will not find ANY wireless network After fiddling with it for way too long I had come to the conclusion - although I couldn t believe it - that the radio or antenna s just went south A bit later after messing with it some more it starts detecting networks but the Acer eNet Management s w and the Vista networking icon seem to be conflicting about whether there are or are not wireless networks available Now it s finding wirelkess networks but only in limited mode The IP comes up as not Forcing the IP to doesn t help matters Just rebooted system and again Acer eNet Management says Internet Disconnected and Vista says quot Windows cannot find any networks quot My office is closer to and well within range of the wireless router so it should be getting something At this point ipconfig indicates quot Media Disconnected quot for the Wireless adapter I ve spent far too long on this and am spinning my wheels anyone got anything Steve nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp issues FPS LOW E5-551G-F50E Acer Aspire nbsp Hi I bought myself an Acer Aspire E - G roughly months ago haven t Acer Aspire E5-551G-F50E LOW FPS issues really got time to play anything till this last month I usually play games like League of Legends Heroes of the Storm Warframe ArcheAge The thing is they run really poor on this machine I had better FPS on my previous laptop a HP Sleekbook with Intel I U Ghz and Integrated Intel HD than on this Acer with AMD FX- Radeon R Ghz up to Ghz and a dedicated AMD Radeon R M Series GB VRam I have no ideea why is this happening or what to do I tried with AMD Control Center i've set everything on Maximize Performance but nothing seems to be Improved I checked the BIOS for any settings but it seems I can t do anything there Any Ideeas Opinions Anything really I know it's a laptop and not meant for gaming but still those games at least the first three should run just fine

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-551G-F50E-LOW-FPS-issues/td-p/432871/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all: I have a problem with my laptop (model VN7-571G). After a recent Windows 10 update, now I am not able to connect the laptop to my flat  LG TV via HDMI. I think it has to be related to Intel Graphics 5500 (current driver 20.19.15.4483). When I connect the laptop to my flat TV, laptop screen goes black but TV message says "Without Conection". The HD Intel Graphic Control Panel only detects laptop screen. When I connect TV to HDMI port recognizes it for half a second, and then TV is not detected again. I cannot install Intel Drivers as I have to go to Acer webpage to get driver, which is the last version I already have. Computer was working ok till last update.Do I have to wait to get new driver from Acer when it is ready, or do I format computer and start from zero?. Thanks for your help.

A:Acer Aspire V Nitro HDMI issues

Hi, Of course you can install the latest intel driver from the intel webpage but just with a little bit of tricks. However, I cannot tell you that the latest driver from intel will solve the issue you are experiencing. Download the .zip file from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8... Then follow the instructions of jose423, which is marked as a solution from this post: http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-591G-latest-driver-2016/m-p/434317#M10190 This will install the intel driver even if you have a "custom manufacturer driver".

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-HDMI-issues/td-p/455957
Relevancy 66.22%

Laptop: Aspire M5-581t
BIOS: UEFI

Issue - Want to install Win 7 in UEFI mode but USB stick is not recognized.

Error(s) - no bootable drive found and I can't seem to disable Secure Boot

This has been driving me nuts for days. How do I tell the BIOS that it's okay to boot from the USB stick?

/ have googled the heck out of this issue and all I've found is a big, heaping, plate of nuth'n.

Additional info - BIOS type = InsydeH20 Setup Utility

Update - found the secure boot toggle in the Boot Menu. I've been overlooking that for hours now...

New issue - cannot boot from USB stick, can boot from itapi dvd rom (however, system hangs)

A:Acer Aspire M5-518t - UEFI issues

Our UEFI expert Theog should be along in the morning to advise.

I believe you need to format the USB stick FAT32 only. Theog will know the tool which does this best but you can try it with what you have for now.

As this is a Win8 PC, here is his tutorial on how to Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/269899-acer-aspire-m5-518t-uefi-issues.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Ok, this is a laptop that I had to install Windows XP Professional edition onto. It has issues where sometimes, when the system is left on , it will turn off the monitor/screensaver and not respond when someone comes back to it, requiring a restart.

Also, sometimes the restart will power it on, but it will hang on a black screen.

The last issue is that sometimes, the screen will "warp" into several vertical lines , and stop responding. Any thing i can do that may be causing this?

This is the same laptop , where the speakers refused to work, if anyone remembers that.

Thanks everyone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4520-with-win-xp-freezing-issues.788808/
Relevancy 66.22%

I just purchased an acer aspire one d257. I am able to connect to other networks other than my own. My roomate and his girlfriend can connect to our network without problems. When i try to connect i either get unable to connect or connected with limited or no internet access...

I have tried updating my drivers, and have lurked on many forums trying to fix this issue. my router is locked in the basement of my apartment building and is not easily accessible. i know that we use cavalier isp. I also am unable to connect to the router page using my roomates laptop either. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thank you

Relevancy 65.36%

I got this desktop for a good price used I bought it from my brother because he was moving and had no room to Acer AG7750-E2112 issues. Aspire Predator take it this thing is huge First thing I did when I got it was open it up and blow out Acer Aspire Predator AG7750-E2112 issues. all the dust with a can of compressed air Then I ran the factory restore in windows as i didn t want what he had on his computer Everything was running fine until the next day when Acer Aspire Predator AG7750-E2112 issues. while restarting after windows update the screen had short horizontal lines across the screen and then it froze after waiting for hours I manually shut it down then restarted but it would not boot So I ran the e-recovery disks that were provided with the computer It ran through the entire process but on its last boot I got to screen saying quot preparing computer for first use quot and didn t change for the whole day I again manually rebooted and got a quot bootmgr missing quot error message So I replaced the hard drive ran the recovery discs and am currently staring at blank purple screen for the past hours Ive tried monitors that work with other pc s but all are the same The HDD indicator is not flashing but the fan on the graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX seems to be running overtime Any suggestions would be appreciated I m sorry this is so long but I believe in being thorough nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-predator-ag7750-e2112-issues.1157000/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have been a quot lurker quot in both this forum and Vista forum for some time and been very impressed with the help given and the friendly support Now I am hoping someone can help with this situation I was trying Aspire help with Acer Boot 5738 Need issues Win7 to help a friend with their PC probs Acer Aspire running win I received an odd email from them and found following links saying her acct cld be hijacked pc cld be infected etc Need help Acer Aspire 5738 with Win7 Boot issues and actions to take http windowslivehelp com solutions safety archive recent-reports-of-account-hijacks aspx http windowslivehelp com community t aspx http windowslivehelp com community t aspx I called to see if they were having probelms and inform re email amp turned out they were havng reconnect disconnect issues and other annoying problems inlcuding occasional boot issues which I thought could have been indication of malware infection so I suggested they backup their files and then download and install Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and do a scan in Safe mode and send me the results The next day I called and discovered they were unable to do that as by this point they cld not even get online They were going to scan with Norton So I sugg they do this in Safe mode What I did not say is HOW to get into safe mode aargh I feel so stupid and that has made their problem worse Safe mode was entered via msconfig not rebooting and tapping F and now they got stuck in a Safemode Reboot cycle After a number of reboots they managed to get into advanced boot options and tried quot last known good configuration quot but this failed Yesterday the laptop would not boot at all I sugg they follow advice from acer website for laptops that woudl not boot Shutdown and Unplug your laptop Remove the battery from the laptop Wait - minutes Now press ON power button on laptop for minute Then release the finger and wait one more minute Now plug in the power cable dont insert battery yet and press ON button This at least enabled laptop to power on start but not get past black screen I tried the Acer Aspire website for advice not much help BUT I found a number of posts elsewhere of people referring to booting their Acers to black screens and being advised by Acer support to update their Bios with latest ones I know this is not something you should do unless needed but I was wondering if this could also be causing black screen problems The Acer website was showing a BIOS upgrade for the dated jan heres a link to ithttp preview tinyurl com dbdbds On googling for info on failed syst restore causes I found Norton cld be the reason for the Restore failure apparantly the quot Tamper Protection quot blocks the restore http www iammai-online com SM SM DisableNortonTamperProtection htm There is more info about this at symantec and the advice was uncheck disable Tamper Protection before using restore So maybe if I can disable that we can restore to an good config but HOW can I do this if I cant get the PC to boot properly Re win Rescue Recovery Disks Their laptop came preinstalled with win and they don't have a rescue disk made AND backups were not made Hence not wanting to do factorey reset So I am not sure what to try next LAST resort will be reset to factory settings but am hoping other things to try Please can someone give me some suggestions advice on what to do Things I was thinking of trying - depending on your replies Q If I were to disable automatic restart wld that give me a better chance of trying to fix things Q - Is it possible for me create a Win Recovery disk Having read this here I wondered if this might be a fix for them and if so can I do this from my own vista laptop then post them the Cd Download Windows System Recovery Discs amp x The NeoSmart Files Assuming this is possible how do I a know if their laptop will boot from Cd and b how can I get it to boot from CD assuming I cannot get into the BIOS Q LINUX CD's I have not done this before but have read about ... Read more

A:Need help Acer Aspire 5738 with Win7 Boot issues

Try this:

Startup Repair

System Repair Disc - Create

System Recovery Options

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/62622-need-help-acer-aspire-5738-win7-boot-issues.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So I have this Acer Aspire M and M1202 Acer issues Aspire boot Solved: its been acting weird lately I turned Solved: Acer Aspire M1202 boot issues it off one night fine and the next day i turned it on and the blue light on top did not come on but the system powered up the hard disk spun up and the cd drive light was flashing non stop So I Solved: Acer Aspire M1202 boot issues reseated the ram and then the processor and then I reset the bios by removing the cmos battery and then I tore the entire thing apart down to the motherboard and rebuilt it all Stoping and testing it as I was connecting parts to see if there was a part inside that was causing the issue But there was nothing still I thought it was done for and I left it alone while I ate lunch And when I came back to it it was booted I restarted the machine and it booted again and again over and over perfectly I thought the problem worked itself out But after turning it off and leaving it over night again I had the same problem in the morning I turned it on and left it on for minutes and watched it and it ran with blinking lights on the front with no power light for a while After about minutes the power light came on and then another minutes went by and the computer restarted itself and loaded the bios and booted normally So I thought I could make this work by waiting on it but not today now its been on for an hour and no boot or post or anything What in the heck is wrong with it I know i typed out alott I appreciate anyone willing to help me and read through my post even though its fairly long Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Acer Aspire M1202 boot issues

This random action could be a failing battery on the Mobo (what looks like a coin). If the unit has some age to it this might be a simple first expense. Batteries do not last forever and some do fail from time to time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-m1202-boot-issues.1100207/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey
So basically when I plug in an Ethernet cable my wireless adapters and wireless autoconfig services automatically disable, and when I enable them, they disable immediately. I want to use my laptop as a hotspot for my phone but it keeps saying wireless auto config service is not running!

Laptop Acer Aspire V5-573G.
wireless adapter: Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

A:Wireless adapter issues (Acer Aspire V5-573G)

You have to bridge the two connections. You are really better off getting a Hotspot than using your phone as the router. Most phones that can be used as a Hotspot, allow up to five devices to connect to it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60821-wireless-adapter-issues-acer-aspire-v5-573g.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I've been having some weird visual issues while playing games lately. I have an intel driver and an nvidia driver, and if I disable one or the other, the issues seem to stop, but the framerate becomes so low as to be unplayable. The drivers in question are an Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 and an NVIDIA GeForce 940M. Attached here is one of the more egregious cases. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, disabling one or the other, updating, and nothing seems to work. The only thing I feel like haven't tried that could work so far is a BIOS upgrade/downgrade, and I'd like to save that for a last resort, if possible.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Strange-visual-issues-with-Acer-Aspire-E5-573G-with-games/td-p/464036
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello everyone I am pulling my hair out right now We have an Acer Aspire Notebook that my mom originally bought a few years ago because she started taking some college classes Windows Home Prem OA Acer Group was pre-installed to the laptop and the crappy thing is the activation code on the sticker beneath the laptop has rubbed off So last week when I went to shut down the laptop Windows needed to install some updates It does this every now and then and the number of updates is never the same Sometimes it's Issues! Read Please Acer - Aspire 5745 Having of Lots just sometimes it's this time updates were installed The next day when I went to turn on the system it wouldn't go to the login screen It would flash Acer Aspire 5745 - Having Lots of Issues! Please Read the Acer logo again and go to a black screen that said Windows was unable to start and it gave me options of Startup Repair Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Acer Aspire 5745 - Having Lots of Issues! Please Read Start Windows Normally etc I would choose Startup Repair and do a restore to earlier time point and that would work and after that completed I could access the login screen This happened again after the updates needed to be reinstalled Finally after doing a different system restore which failed and had an error it would let me once again access the login screen but this time the Netgear router had quot limited access quot and wouldn't connect to the Internet So most recently I went to the Acer eRecovery Management and did a restore that would restore the system to factory condition and retain all of our important personal files and store them in the C Backup folder Everything was going well until it got to the Windows installation Windows won't reinstall now It just goes to a black screen that says quot Starting setup services quot and then a box comes up and says it can't be installed Now when I hit the F key it tells me to insert the installation disk and choose quot repair my computer quot I don't believe the laptop came with an installation disk as it had pre-installed Windows on it I have no idea what to do now I'm guessing I need that disk to move forward I just do not want to lose any files on my account or my sister's accounts I'm kicking myself for doing that system restore I hope someone can help me with this problem Sorry for typing so much

A:Acer Aspire 5745 - Having Lots of Issues! Please Read

Hi and welcome to TSF you can use this to save your data Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer
and there is a link here to order a recovery disc Tech Support Forum - Announcements in Forum : Microsoft Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5745-having-lots-of-issues-please-read-687793.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire notebook The notebook has four USB ports with two on the left side - USB - USB-C and two on the right - USB My main interest for the USB ports is to plug in with USB Issues Acer Ports V3-372t-5051 - Aspire a wireless mouse some little known Chinese brand and keyboard Logitech K When external devices are plugged into the USB ports all of them recognize the device Using my old laptop on all the USB ports both amp USB the range on both are very good probably close to feet When using them with the Acer Aspire V3-372t-5051 - Issues with USB Ports Acer laptop the range is normal when plugged into the USB port on the left side However when plugged into either of the USB ports on the right side the range is limited to a couple feet I've tried the keyboard with my work laptop and the range works fine I have also purchased another Logitech keyboard to test out With that keyboard the range was fine and I tested it on all three computers on Acer Aspire V3-372t-5051 - Issues with USB Ports all the USB ports Once again the only ports that they did not have range beyond a couple feet were the two USB ports on the right side of the Acer Aspire laptop On numerous occasions I've tried talking to customer support and they refuse to believe that it could be a hardware or software issue and that it has to be the fault of the external devices bad USB dongle However in my view that is aboslutely a load of crap considering that both keyboards work on every other port of the computers I tested them with If anyone has any possible solutions or explanation for this issue I would be truly greatful Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-372t-5051-Issues-with-USB-Ports/td-p/456907
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey!
I have an Acer that spontaneously decided I no longer needed to play games. Everything else works perfectly fine. It's been doing this for the past few weeks and I've done all that I can. I'm no tech wizard by any means and I need some help. Pretty much it'll open to the load screen for a few moments then disappear back to my home screen. Any ideas on what it could be and what I can do?

These are the specs:
Acer Aspire V5 Touch with Windows 8.1
Aspire V5-V561PG-9683
Model number: Z5WV2

If you need more info let me know, I still have everything for it.

A:Acer Aspire issues; Games no longer work

If you are talking about the games that are loaded by a app. You will need to uninstall the app. Then reinstall the app. I have no ideal why this happens . But I have seen it more then once.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-issues-games-no-longer-work.208471/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 64.93%

So I got a couple of Acer Aspire 's that weren't working and got one to work nbsp But It nbsp seems i'm having some issues when the battery is in it - and otherwise fine without it Excessively Long Shut Downs which go to Continuous Reboots Touchpad Problems Freezing nbsp etc Says battery nbsp is charging until it goes to - nbsp Then Battery not Charging nbsp When the Power Adaptor was disconnected- said Battery is Charging nbsp nbsp Since these laptops have been sitting around for a couple few of years and were donated to me I won't discount the possiblity that nbsp battery is no good And there was only battery to use of the laptops After it charged to - - I had unplugged the adaptor- and it ran for min nbsp and said hr min remaining till it went dead I also tried tried the - Remove Battery- Unplug Adaptor and Hold Power Button for min Method- then Installed battery and Adaptor- but to no avail On a side note- which is probably not related- my wifi does not seem to be working- even / Battery Bios 3000 for Update Aspire Issues Acer though it appears there is nothing wrong in the Device Manager - and running a dianostic does not help I know there's wireless networks but none show up Broadcom g nbsp Anyway- I seen a post on another site- saying a BIOS UPDATE could possibly Bios Update for Acer Aspire 3000 / Battery Issues fix the Problem for the Battery- Perhaps wifi too Since I've NEVER DONE A BIOS UPDATE I will Bios Update for Acer Aspire 3000 / Battery Issues KINDLY ask Please walk me though this with as little as ACKRONYNS and GEEK TALK as Possible Respectfully nbsp I had read about this type of thing - to download Bios Update for Acer Aspire 3000 / Battery Issues the Bios Update and I think it can be put on a Falsh Drive- but is it a ZIP and does it have to be EXTACTED- which i'm not too nbsp great at nbsp Then Select something and then maybe reboot So now I'm willing to give it a try- With some help and input nbsp THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE nbsp a Link for the Download and Correct BIOS UPDATE would be a Great Start as well - I guesss that goes without saying So here's some Specs from System Info I hope it's enough- but please let me know if you need more nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Bios-Update-for-Acer-Aspire-3000-Battery-Issues/td-p/452585
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I'm new to this so am hoping i give all the correct information regarding my problem Windows Defender popped up earlier on informing me of a trojan and laptop Blue with acer screen aspire issues 6920 asking if it was to be removed i said yes and continued on my merry way installing a game when i started to get lots of pop-ups i closed them all and then had another or so trojans discovered on my computer so thought a restart as i'd been told by WD would be the best bet My game had just installed when my puter turned itself off and since then all i got was a looping blue screen and the screen that says to repair or start normally if i choose repair it comes back to the same screen if i choose normal it goes Blue screen issues with acer aspire 6920 laptop straight to the blue screen I have downloaded on mothers pc a vista recovery disc done F and changed to boot from cd dvd drive and now i'm stuck with a pc dos screen or is it a command prompt screen and nothing i put into the command lines will make it boot It's and Acer Aspire laptop running Vista all service packs and updates have installed with no problems to my knowledge anyway I'm sorry i haven't got any screenshots and i also apologise if this is comfusing or i've left out any relevant information that you need to know Can anyone help

A:Blue screen issues with acer aspire 6920 laptop

Please provide this information: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-issues-with-acer-aspire-6920-laptop-454222.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I ve got the laptop named in the title and basically what s happening is that it will run absolutely fine when not plugged in There s not been a single issue with crashes when not plugged in Luckily it s got good battery life which helps However when it s plugged in any of the following happens - It won t turn issues Acer Power/freezing 5820T - Timeline Aspire X on - It turns on the screen does not Acer Aspire Timeline X 5820T - Power/freezing issues and almost immediately the fan raises to extremely whirry levels - It turns on and will run fine till I ask it to do something demanding like play a game I might get - - mins sometimes even more before freezing When it does freeze the fan goes very whirry again - When I turn it on if it hasn t worked normally first time I ll start it up not plugged in I ll plug it in later Sometimes within a few Acer Aspire Timeline X 5820T - Power/freezing issues seconds it ll lock up as stated before Other times it ll run fine I ve noticed a possible correlation the longer I leave it on battery power the more chance that it doesn t lock up I should state that generally if I m just browsing the internet and stuff like that it usually doesn t lock up Also I ran a disk check a few times and it seemed to single out a file called setapm exe which I ve found is something to do with power management It did something to the file and the laptop worked fine for a week no issues at all But since then it s re-occurred And subsequent diskcheck s have found nothing It is still under warranty so I can send it back if I want but I d really rather not as I kinda have need of a laptop or computer So if there s a way I can solve the problem without sending it back I d really rather try that The SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JM CP Antivirus AVG Internet Security Disabled If there s any other information which could help solve the problem I ll find it as long as I m told how Many thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814
Relevancy 63.21%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 60.63%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 58.48%

MY NEIGHBOR HAS AN ACER ASPIRE - CPU AMD ATHLON II P DUAL CORE PROCESSOR CPU SPEED MHZ HDD MODEL HITACHI HTS B A ATAPI MODEL HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT N SYSTEM BIOS VERSION V VGA 7 windows with aspire Acer BIOS VERSION Acer aspire with windows 7 ATI VER SHE TRIED DOING AN ACER RECOVERY MANAGEMENT FROM FACTORY DEFAULT IT DIDN T WORK FOR SOME REASON-WHEN IT IS TURNED ON IT Acer aspire with windows 7 SHOWS WINDOWS STARTING TO LOAD AND HAS SETUP STARTING SERVICES AND WHILE IT IS DOING THAT A BOX COMES UP WITH WINDOWS COULD NOT COMPLETE THE INSTALLATION TO INSTALL WINDOWS ON THIS COMPUTER RESTART THE INSTALLATION TRIED RESTART AND SAME THING COMES UP TRIED ALL THE MODES SAFE SAFE W COMMAND SAFE W NETWORKING AND NOTHING HELPS DID ALL THE F S ETC ON THE F IT COMES UP EDIT BOOT OPTIONS PATH WINDOWS SYSTEM BOOT WINLOAD EXE MININT REDIRECT RDIMAGOFFSET RDIMAGELENGTH B RDPATH Mu ti disk rdisk partition sources boot wim I ALSO GOT TO WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER File Windows system DRIVERS nvraid sys Status xc e Info Windows failed to load because criticaal system driver is missing or corrupt NEEDLESS TO SAY HAVE NO CLUE UNLESS SHE DID A COMPLETE WIPE OUT NOT KNOWING TO MAKE A DISC THE FAMILY DOESN T HAVE ALOT OF MONEY SO THOUGHT I WOULD TRY TO HELP THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP CAVALIER nbsp

A:Acer aspire with windows 7

Welcome to Techguy cavalier04! In the future, please refrain from posts in all caps. They are really hard to read, and in online etiquette this is the equivalent of shouting. I think that the hard drive in this computer is failing, and I'd start by testing it. You need to download a drive test utility like Drive Fitness Test and make a bootable CD. Once you've done that, boot the suspect computer from the CD and run a full test, and report the results.

If you don't know how to burn a disk image, the procedure will depend on what OS and/or burning software you have installed on the computer used to download DFT. So, if you need help with burning a disk image, you'll need to provide info about your version of Windows and any Disk Burning software installed on your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-with-windows-7.1049346/
Relevancy 58.48%

My laptop has not been used for several weeks and will not now start up-shows Acer Logo then a blank screen except for mouse pointerCan a anyone help?Thanksronswold 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E1-570-Windows-10/td-p/435115/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.48%

message does not meet minimum requiements . for other  drivers it was platform not supported . Drivers obviously untested before putting them up for download

A:using acer aspire p3 171 went to windows 10 went...

Same problem with my P3-171, the only VGA driver that works with mine is for Win 8.0. If I get an upgraded version to work I'll post.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/using-acer-aspire-p3-171-went-to-windows-10-went-and-got-the/td-p/372977
Relevancy 58.48%

my daughter brought her laptop round today saying widows crashed. after running many prog trying to clean it up i decided to re install windows 7.
but when i get to choose hard drive it shows disk 0 18gb saying oem reserved

so i followed your guide and get to list disk it says
Disk 0 online 18gb
Disk 1 invalid 299gb
then i cant get any further

A:windows 7 on acer aspire s3

Digging in beyond the published system specs we find that the model does have a 20gb SSD caching ship on the mobo, which would explain the 18gb good disk Diskpart reported: Acer Aspire S3-391 53314G52ADD Replacing the MSATA ssd? - Aspire - Laptop Tech Support That thread actually has the user installing the OS to the SSD which we've helped do on 30gb MSATA but never on one that small - though it obviously can be done.

The hard disk may be failing. Test it with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan. You can see the HD make by accessing it as shown in Taking apart Acer Aspire S3-391-6497 >> Inside my laptop or googling any serial for it listed in BIOS setup tabs.

If unable to find HD make use Seagate Seatools ISO burned to CD with Windows Image Burner, booted to run the full scan.

If it tests OK then work through the steps to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forum

If the disk has failed replace it to do a Clean Reinstall Windows 7. The best upgrade one can do nowadays is an SSD which is lightning fast, faster than buying a high end laptop without one.

Be aware that the Office Starter has been discontinued and we no longer even have access to a legacy download for it. But it can be replaced by free Open Office if you don't have another Office key available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/363674-windows-7-acer-aspire-s3.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Okay I really need help, please be detailed I can follow directions but I am not the best when it comes to computers. So here is my problem I start my computer and goes right to safe mood screen and any option I choose I get a flash of a BSOD and back to the safe mode screen. So I need help the computer doesn't have a cd drive so how do I repair windows? Helpp please! Happy Black friday!

A:Need help on my windows XP Acer Aspire

Do you wish to restore this computer to the same condition as when you bought it?That would mean only the operating system and the programs that came with it.If so pressing Alt and F10 while booting usually starts the acer recovery console.Just follow the on screen instructions then for a complete manufacturer reset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-on-my-windows-xp-acer-aspire.1028450/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi i am looking for some advice,

A family member has an Acer Aspire One netbook, and they would like a Windows Operating system installed. I have already installed my copy of windows XP Home on my own identical netbook, which runs fairly well, but not great. So basically i would like to knw if i got Vista or 7, would either of those run better than XP?

The specs of the AA1 are:
16Gb SSD
1.6GHz Intel Atom N270
1Gb RAM DDR2

Thanks, Rob

A:Windows OS for Acer Aspire One?

Quote: Originally Posted by RobL700

Hi i am looking for some advice,

A family member has an Acer Aspire One netbook, and they would like a Windows Operating system installed. I have already installed my copy of windows XP Home on my own identical netbook, which runs fairly well, but not great. So basically i would like to knw if i got Vista or 7, would either of those run better than XP?

The specs of the AA1 are:
16Gb SSD
1.6GHz Intel Atom N270
1Gb RAM DDR2

Thanks, Rob

Windows 7(and Vista) needs more than just 16GB and it won't run properly with 1GB of RAM, you should upgrade your storage and add an additional 1GB of RAM

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/162557-windows-os-acer-aspire-one.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello.

I've downgraded my netbook - Acer Aspire One 725 from windows 7 to Windows XP SP3.

On Windows 7 it was very very slow and not usable.

On Windows XP the machine works quite fast and is not freezing.
The problem is that there's no SOUND.

The machine has AMD APU C-60 processor, its integrated with AMD Radeon HD 6290.

I've read somewhere that this netbook should have two sound chips, one in Radeon graphic card for HDMI output.

And one integrated in motherboard.

Am I right?

In device manager there is AMD High Definition Audio installed.

Aida64 shows two positions:
AMD Hudson-3 FCH - High Definition Audio Controller PCI
ATI Radeon HDMI @ AMD K14 - High Definition Audio Controller PCI

When I try to access volume control it says something like this: "no mixer device".

I would appreciate any help.
<peace>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-on-acer-aspire-one-725.1163956/
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought a new PC a couple of weeks ago and it came with No windows recovery disc For twelve years I had a Windows XP home addition and over the years I had to either use the discs to recover a driver or had to rewrite the Windows 8.1 Aspire Acer whole thing If I remember maybe twice I went to google and believe it or not I found Acer Aspire Windows 8.1 a Youtube video of a guy unpacking the same PC as I have And I noticed He didnt get a disc either Is this common now where manufacturers dont send recovery disc It also didnt come with any windows or Acer literature all I got was a half page directions on where to plug things into So what are we supposed to do if something goes wrong and we need a backup I looked on the Acer web site and didnt see anything mentioned about it Does anyone know why they dont send recovery discs Never mind I found the soulution Acer doesnt give backup discs its all saved in a hidden file

A:Acer Aspire Windows 8.1

Glad that you found it.
Thanks for letting us know!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579892/acer-aspire-windows-81/
Relevancy 58.48%

i have recently bought the above laptop, when i turn on the laptop it loads for a few sceconds then i get the following msg "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation"
However when I click on the ok button it reloads the same msg after a few minutes, i cannot click on anything else on the screen as the only thing on the screen is the acer logo.
I do not have a product key or disc to install.

Please help.

Damo

A:windows 8 on acer aspire e1-571

I think you should contact Acer on that problem.

Is this out of the box? You were never able to use it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-on-acer-aspire-e1-571.1079103/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an Acer Aspire One with Vista installed on it, I was wondering if I could replace it with Windows 7 x64 bit Ultimate. How do I know if it allows x32 or x64 bit OS to be installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-x64-for-acer-aspire-one-462317.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have an Acer Aspire G which I purchased close to two years ago however due to windows getting clogged up with everything Acer Windows & Aspire I decided to reinstall windows I don't have a recovery disk for it and for some reason I was unable to format install through the recovery partition on the HDD So I chucked in Vista Home Premium -Bit OEM CD and proceeded with a format reinstall of windows However Acer Aspire & Windows with windows installed it's telling me that the serial the one on the bottom of the laptop is invalid After googling around I found that the key will only be accepted if I used the Acer recovery software which I don't have I am able to order one from them But I don't really want to pay dollars for something I basically already have Another source on the web told me that I can phone activate my Acer-OEM Serial through the phone But after later searching I found that some users have had Microsoft tell them to return it to Acer Acer Aspire & Windows So before I go calling Microsoft for the activation has anyone know anything about this Any help would be great Also I was Acer Aspire & Windows wondering if I would face any issues installing a fresh copy of Windows on this laptop I do have a CD key for the Vista DVD but it's installed on my dads computer and I don't want to see if activating it will actually work considering his PC is always connected to the net Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-and-windows-538809.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok i live in Germany a week ago i got chanse to download windows so i did it was working minutes after that my laptop blocked i turned him off and then on again came logo after that ask for my pass then my screen was black only arow was there i donno why i was downloading windows at all i use laptop only to watch movies i cant hear so thats the only e1 acer aspire 10 510,windows way to watch movies ok i gave it to my brother to fix it so he deleted some partipacion and try to put windows back again but say something about no boot disk press any key he downloaded recovery from his laptop asus but not working i buyed this laptop year ago i dont know anything about laptops and i dont want to buy new one its to expensive for me but to bring somewhere to fix it could be also very expensive just want to be able watch movies on it anyone know can that be fixed or i should buy new one My brother tryed to contact acer over chat and to acer aspire e1 510,windows 10 call but no one come on chat maybe someone can help me Pls nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:acer aspire e1 510,windows 10

Hello Poison Ivy2's brother. Yeah I kind of explained all that stuff already if you had a chance to read through this thread.  1. Put her BIOS back to defaults (F9) and then save and exit (F10).2. After you save and exit BIOS, go back in to BIOS and enable the Boot Menu3.  Go to your computer and use RUFUS to create installation media.  (follow instructions I gave you in previous posts)4.  If her computer came with Windows 8.1 w/ Bing, that vanilla Windows 8.1 iso isn't going to work, because it has a special "Bing" key and Microsoft won't activate it (Microsoft won't let you activate the vanilla Windows 8.1).  5. However you can download the Windows 10 iso and use RUFUS for UEFI only install.  Please read through all of my previous posts and links.    

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/acer-aspire-e1-510-windows-10/td-p/402295/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.48%

message does not meet minimum requiements . for other  drivers it was platform not supported . Drivers obviously untested before putting them up for download

A:using acer aspire p3 171 went to windows 10 went...

Same problem with my P3-171, the only VGA driver that works with mine is for Win 8.0. If I get an upgraded version to work I'll post.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/using-acer-aspire-p3-171-went-to-windows-10-went-and-got-the/td-p/372977/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a Acer Aspire ES1 laptop, however I'm unable to find the SATA/AHCI driver to use in the installation (so Windows 7 can see the hard drive). Have anyone done this?, or know where I may find this driver? Regards,Martin

A:Windows 7 on Acer Aspire ES1?

If you can find the chipset driver it is in there, or get it from Intel.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Windows-7-on-Acer-Aspire-ES1/td-p/333071/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.48%

How do i uninstall and reinstall windows 7?

Relevancy 57.62%

i have installed windows 7 64 bit home basic but drivers for WiFi, VGA is not found on Acer website.Upon installing VGA driver of Windows 8.1 of intel from acer website for E5-573 on windows 7 64 bit OS then camera and graphics enhancement does work but USB Stops working, else camera doesnot work. Acer Customer care told me this will support only windows 8.1 simple version and not professional and windows 10. Please suggest drivers for WiFi, Bluetooth, VGA etc for windows 7 64 or 32 bit.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:installed windows 7 64 bit on Acer Aspire E5-573 b...

1. Atheros QCA9377https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=104&system=5click on the "click to Download" and wait a little until the download starts 2. Intel Management enginetry this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24499/Intel-ME-10-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUCor thishttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22093/Intel-ME-8-Management-Engine-Driver  3. realtek card readerhttp://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/installed-windows-7-64-bit-on-Acer-Aspire-E5-573-but-drivers-for/td-p/381731/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everybody!
I apologise for opening once again the same threat but I have a doubt.
I have the original version of windows 7 professional cd and I am almost ready to format my acer aspire 4315, which is now running with xp, and install the windows 7.
However, it seems that the model I have is not compatible with 7.
In the acer website it has no drivers for the windows 7.
What shall I do?
You think that acer will provide drivers soon or that windows 7 include drivers or I shall not install 7

A:Acer Aspire 4315 Windows 7

You will be taking a risk. Do you have a backup drive?

If you could please fill in your system specs, we might be able to dig a little deeper for drivers for you.

Thanks,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/47985-acer-aspire-4315-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Wont boost past acer splash screen. it appears like windows log in screen is going to open but instead the splash screen reappers it continues to run and gos through same motions untill i power it off

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-v5-112p-windows-8.1164270/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello.
I would like to replace Windows Vista on my Acer Aspire 5920g with Windows 7 Professional... Is that possible?
When i look at the drivers' section on the Acer website it has only for Vista. Will they be compatible with the Windows 7?

A:Windows 7 on Acer Aspire 5920g

Quote: Originally Posted by Nixterida

Hello.
I would like to replace Windows Vista on my Acer Aspire 5920g with Windows 7 Professional... Is that possible?
When i look at the drivers' section on the Acer website it has only for Vista. Will they be compatible with the Windows 7?

Hello & Welcome to SevenForums

Of course you can...! (see screenshot) they have it aswell for 7 pro x86 (x32bits):

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/137260-windows-7-acer-aspire-5920g.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Anyone else have this problem & possible fix?

A:Acer Aspire TC 605 with windows 10 keeps losing ta...

Which taskbar icons?  The big ones?  Or the little ones on the far right? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-TC-605-with-windows-10-keeps-losing-task-bar-icons/td-p/420439/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 57.62%

Acer Aspire V5 471 PG returns at start up a black sreen with message "operating system' not found after failed Windows upgrade from 8.1 to 10. The F2 button recovery route does not work (the button does not respond). Is there any solution to this?  

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 57.62%

Can someone please tell me how to get my laptop to work, I kee getting the same error message over and over, no matter what I have done so far, error NLS files missing or corrupt. I have a repair disk and a backup disk made and tried both of them multiple times, and I get the samee screen with same message, tried doing the recovery, and still the same thing. Am I doomed?

A:Windows 7 Acer Aspire Laptop

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot.

In particular run a full Disk Check from DVD or Repair CD System Recovery Options Command Line, followed by SFC -SCANNOW Run in Command Prompt at Boot.

If these fail to help work through the other steps in order until if necessary you run Factory Recovery or Clean Reinstall. You can rescue your files at any time using that step.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242388-windows-7-acer-aspire-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.62%

i have installed windows 7 64 bit home basic but drivers for WiFi, VGA is not found on Acer website.Upon installing VGA driver of Windows 8.1 of intel from acer website for E5-573 on windows 7 64 bit OS then camera and graphics enhancement does work but USB Stops working, else camera doesnot work. Acer Customer care told me this will support only windows 8.1 simple version and not professional and windows 10. Please suggest drivers for WiFi, Bluetooth, VGA etc for windows 7 64 or 32 bit.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:installed windows 7 64 bit on Acer Aspire E5-573 b...

1. Atheros QCA9377https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=104&system=5click on the "click to Download" and wait a little until the download starts 2. Intel Management enginetry this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24499/Intel-ME-10-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUCor thishttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22093/Intel-ME-8-Management-Engine-Driver  3. realtek card readerhttp://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/installed-windows-7-64-bit-on-Acer-Aspire-E5-573-but-drivers-for/td-p/381731
Relevancy 57.62%

Ive search from acer site.It seems Aspire M3710 doesnt support for XP on acer site. Its for Vista and 7 only.Ive read different sites and i dont know if this will really work for Xp 32bit?Anyone did try this site if its really ok for Xp 32bit drivers?http://komku.blogspot.com/2009/02/acer-asp...1-xp-vista.htmlOr could anyone give me a link for complete M3710 Xp 32bit Drivers?tnx

A:Acer Aspire M3710 For Windows XP 32 Bit

Anyone can help??????

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/301110/acer-aspire-m3710-for-windows-xp-32-bit/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi. I would like to get the OEM operating system (Windows 8) on my Acer Aspire E1-472. I no longer have Windows 8 on my laptop. Is there any way I can do that? Thanks.

A:No longer have Windows on my Acer Aspire E1-472. H...

Acer recovery mediaif you are in the US you can buy it:http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/eRecoveryif you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/No-longer-have-Windows-on-my-Acer-Aspire-E1-472-How-do-I/td-p/349761
Relevancy 57.62%

my pc was born W8.1 and was updated to W10 a few months ago.2 weeks ago I was prompted to accept a new update of my AMD A6 processor. Apparently I was not succesful and Windows never loaded. I tried many things until I happened to reinstall a previous fixpoint (?). Not the first but the fourth back in time. Apparently the drive with Windows was locked, and I had no idea how I would get further than the frozen Acer logo. However, this time Windows came on.Then yesterday I was informed of two waiting AMD Radeon Crimson updates 16.3.1, and I accepted. However, I am now locked again, and this time I don't have the fixpoint from February any longer, and I am stuck. Aren't AMD or Acer responsible for such damage and how will I fix it? My pc does not have a cd drive and no boot stick. 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:AMD update of Acer Aspire V5-122 with Windows 10

Maybe a Windows 10 update or "Mandatory" Windows 10 driver update. I have my Windows Update set to Windows can't download or install updates until I check them and allow it and I don't have Windows 10. I tried it and didn't think it has any benefits over 8.1 and rolled it back. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/AMD-update-of-Acer-Aspire-V5-122-with-Windows-10/m-p/428679
Relevancy 57.62%

Ok, acieved to downgrade/upgrade the BIOS version with the Acer XC-603 to be able to downgrade to Windows 7.
Rest me one single question.
Do i really have to delete all partition or can leave the recovery partiton un touched to always be able to recovery the original OEM Windows 8.1 that comes with the machine from out the factory?
Can somebody please shine a light on this matter please?
I always want to be able in case i mess up recover my Windows 8.1 installation thats pre installed on the recovery partition.
Is this possible?

A:Downgrading Windows 8.1 to Win 7 on Acer Aspire XC-603

If your computer is now running healthy, don't mess with it especially the recovery partition.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/53929-downgrading-windows-8-1-win-7-acer-aspire-xc-603-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Here is some awesome music, while you read: T?r - Sinklars V?saI have an Acer Aspire 6920G laptop... or maybe it's a 6920 without the G?You see, my laptop has a sticker on it that says "Aspire 6920G". Right there! You see it?But, dxdiag says otherwise: No G!I'm planning to format and install Win7, but that G is confusing me! Should I get drivers for 6920G or no G? Is the G there just so Acer can sell this thing for a little more?Is there a difference between the two, and should I listen to dxdiag or the sticker?Thanks in advance!

A:Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire 6920G or no "G".

What about the documentation that came with it? Packing slip, invoice, manual, etc...what do those say?I cannot see the sticker picture clear enough to confirm whether the G is there or not (although I assume you can read it since that's what you're posting about).Try seeing what Everest says. I wouldn't necessarily trust dxdiag with something like this. But, then again, the sticker I cannot see clearly could also be wrong.Could you please take a close-up picture of the sticker? Thanks. In the mean time, I will search the web for the differences between the G and non-G models...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297811/windows-7-on-an-acer-aspire-6920g-or-no-g/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5542.  It came with Windows 7, and had MyWinLocker Yo-Safe pre-installed.  Since I upgraded to Windows 10 MyWinLocker Yo-Safe won't open.  After I enter my password in the MyWinLocker Yo-Safe window it says Yo-Safe is open in a little pop-up window on the lower right of the screen, but Yo-Safe doesn't show up on the This PC window, and the mouse-over of the tray icon still says it's closed.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:I have an Acer Aspire 5542. Since I got Windows 1...

I found the answer: open a command prompt as admin and type in: sc start mwlservice

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-5542-Since-I-got-Windows-10-MyWinLocker-Yo/td-p/422819/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 57.62%

Vrey frustrating! Have confirmed through multiple installations and roll backs that the trackpad becomes near unusable after installing the Windows 10 Anniversary update on my new Acer Aspire. The trackpad stutters across the screen, and the only resolution is to roll back to pre-Anniversary. I've confirmed with THREE fresh installations. Each time, prior to the Anniversary update, the trackpad is fine. After? NOT fine. In all cases, an external mouse works fine, but some driver is getting messed up with the Anniversary update, and I don't know what to do to fix it! 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/New-Acer-Aspire-S5-371-Windows-10-Anniversary-update-breaks/td-p/449071
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Acer Aspire Desk Top. One year old. It freezes up on shut down. Have to hold the
button down. 6 GB of Ram, 3.6 Hz,64 Bit. Aspire M3900G.

Thanks,
Yip-n-Yap

A:Acer Aspire Windows 7 Home

Hi -Sorry, but can you add a bit more information ??How long has this been a problem ? Have you added or removed any items / programs ? Is there a screen message ? Any recent infection ?Any other information that you think may help us -Please post a snapshot with Speccy so we may get a bit more detail of your system -Publish a Snapshot using Speccy =<< Directions Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451403/acer-aspire-windows-7-home/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hallo Computer wizards,
My computer dropped on the floor and the screen has been destroyed, well i got me a new LCD-Screen and the screen works well and i installed the windows xp version.
So far so good but the touchpad is not working nor when i install an external mouse that doesn't react either, or the dvd drive is not working.
I am not a computer wizard but as far as i do understand most of the drivers are gone, dvd, usb, touchpad maybe the list goes on.
What do i need to do to get this computer back in shape, considering he might not recognise the new drivers due to the not working dvd drives or the usb from where i could upload some new drivers.
Please i need some help!
Many thanks in advance!

A:Acer Aspire 7720G with windows XP

For the drivers go here http://support.acer.com/drivers_download.aspx click on Notebook>>Aspire>>7720G

download and install the chipset drivers first.

So you replaced the screen did you reinstall the Operating System.......if you didn't then the problem could be because of other damage...cracked MB etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7720g-with-windows-xp.922161/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I had recently upgrade windows 7 to windows 8 and after few days it crashed and could not start. I have tried to reinstall from recovery CD, the system gets installed and when it restart for first time setup the screen goes blank but i see some hard disk activity but nothing comes up. I have tried to keep it running may be 6-8 hours or more with no result.

I even tried format the HDD and do fresh windows 7 installation with the same result. Please advise.

A:Acer Aspire M5800 - Windows 7

When you boot from win7 disk before you start the installation press shift+f10 which brings command prompt and type 'diskpart' and then 'list disk' then clean the disk by selecting it for example... 'select disk 0' then type 'clean' once cleaned set any partitons you want on the win7 install steps and you shouldn't have any problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-m5800-windows-7-a-644610.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Problems Aspire Acer - XP Windows Pro One I recently installed Windows XP Pro on my sister's Acer Aspire One before I gave it to her for her birthday Now its running terribly slow The processor maxes out when I open the task manager I've never seen a system move so slow I have another Acer Aspire One with XP Home on it too lazy to upgrade with identical specs and its running fine I was watching blu-ray rips off it last night on a quot monitor w Acer Aspire One - Windows XP Pro Problems no problems Is it possible that by installing from USB it has done something differently that could account for it being such a resource hog Or is there some sort of incompatibility that I was not aware of with the Acer Acer Aspire One - Windows XP Pro Problems Aspire Ones and XP pro The system specs are Ghz Intel Atom N GB of DDR - GB HD quot screen Intel GMA chipset Windows XP Acer Aspire One - Windows XP Pro Problems Pro SP - Vanilla my sister hasn't installed anything on it yet Any help would be appreciated -Ragnar

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-one-windows-xp-pro-problems-425538.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi! I have bought mu new Acer Aspire ES1-131-C1NL. It has Windows 10 on board, but i want to install Windows 8, not 8.1 . And the question: will Windows 8 work propely on this machine? Does Windows 8 support drivers from Windows 8.1 for aspire es1-131-c1nl? Because i'm sure that windows 8.1 is going to be working propely, but i'm not sure what about Windows 8. Please help me

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Windows-8-on-Acer-Aspire-ES1-131-C1NL/td-p/452700
Relevancy 57.62%

I just installed win 7 and i cannot find any drivers for win 10??? Does this means my laptop works only with win 10?? This sux... https://postimg.org/image/tqg2rvw71/ these are the drivers i need for win 7 , someone can help me please??

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Acer-Aspire-VN7-792G-Windows-7/td-p/456358
Relevancy 57.62%

fn+f8 fn+up arrow & fn+down arrow, all are for controlling volume are not working. may laptop is acer aspire v3-571 windows 8 64 bit.

A:fn+f8 not working acer aspire v3-571 windows 8 64 ...

Did the keys never worked? Or have they recently stopped working? If they have recently stopped working, check if you have a restore point that is older than the day you started facing this issue. If you have such a restore point, try doing a system restore by following the steps mentioned in the article below:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/fn-f8-not-working-acer-aspire-v3-571-windows-8-64-bit/td-p/323783
Relevancy 57.62%

After Sleep HDMI port stops working correctly- In other words, my laptop will not send the display to the external monitor.  Where can I find drivers that will resolve this problem?

A:Acer Aspire Switch 11 with Windows 10

mexcracker,

You can access the OSD and set your monitor to search for the HDMI (digital) connection and see if that works.

You can also try this:

Control Panel
Power Options
Changed advanced power settings
Scroll down and expand PCI Express
Expand Link state power management
Turn both to off

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Switch-11-with-Windows-10/td-p/378563
Relevancy 57.62%

installed windows 7 64 bit on Acer Aspire E5-57d 3 but universal serial bus (usb) controller driver and unknow device drive are missing.  Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller - Hardware id PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&SUBSYS_098A1025&REV_03PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&SUBSYS_098A1025PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&CC_0C0330PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&CC_0C03 Unknown device -Hardware id ACPI\MSFT0101*MSFT0101    Kindly help me to solve this problem. Thank you.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/installed-windows-7-64-bit-on-Acer-Aspire-E5-573-but-two-drives/td-p/463398
Relevancy 57.62%

I am trying to install XP on Acer Aspire E15 which has Win 8.1 pre-installed. I tried several metods includin nLite and AHCI drivers but still no luck.Can you help out?

A:How to install Windows XP to Acer Aspire E15

Please explain more clearly.1. why do you want an outdated OS?2. do you want to replace W8.1 with XP or keep W8.1 & dual boot with XP?3. if you want to dual boot, did you pre-prepare a partition for XP to be installed to?4. have you considered installing XP in a virtual machine? That might be your best bet.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-install-windows-xp-to-acer-aspire-e15/203537.html
Relevancy 57.62%

It is an old Aspire laptop (not desktop - but i couldn't find the right subject title) but has been working fine. any idea why ot won't come on? it is connected to electricity. Any idea what i could do? thank you

A:I have an acer Aspire one D250 with Windows XP. I ...

There are a lot of variables here. The easiest place to start is with a power reset. Remove the AC Adpater and Battery, hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds and then reconnect the AC Adapter and try to power the device on. If it still isn't working after that you may want to check the AC Adapter. Finally, you may need to have the device serviced.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-acer-Aspire-one-D250-with-Windows-XP-I-turned-it-on-it/td-p/425576/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there, I have an Acer Aspire One and for some reason it will not start up. Every time I turn it one it shows the start up Acer screen for about 3 seconds then immediately shows an error that reads: "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll Please re-install a copy of the above file". It is an Acer Aspire One Model NO: KAV10 and SNID: 91011971916. Also, everytime i try to use the recovery option by pressing ALT f-12 it takes me to the recovery screen but does not allow me to even choose a recovery option. There is no disc drive but I do have a flash drive available if that file is in fact download-able. Or if anyone has a recovery disc that can be transferred to a flash drive that would be great. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Acer Aspire One - Can't Start up windows xp

Hi, ALT + F10 when pressed at start up should bring up the Acer eRecovery environment.

At the Acer eRecovery screen
Choose the Recovery Actions - select Next.
Choose the Restore option.
There may be two to choose from, System Restore/Recovery - Reinstall Application/Drivers.
Choose System Restore/Recovery.

But all of your data and files will be lost and overwritten.
======
To try and save any needed data and files use a USB External DVD Drive - similar to one shown here.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compo...-drives/714_7571_70704_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

Either use the DVD drive to re-install an operating system - or use the Linux Live Cd to find and save needed data and files.

How to use Linux live Cd to backup files from a dead Pc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-cant-start-up-windows-xp.1136423/
Relevancy 57.62%

Have Acer Aspire 5741Z-5433 purchased 10/2010.   Is running Windows 10 SP1.  No problems.Should I try to load free Windows 10 ?   I intend to buy newer laptop in next 6 mos to 1 year from now which will have Win 10, of course.  Should I leave well enough alone for now and not upgrade this Aspire to Win 10?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Older-Acer-Aspire-and-Windows-10/td-p/446355