Windows Support Forum

Very Slow Windows 7 Installation with Error Code: 0x80070057

Q: Very Slow Windows 7 Installation with Error Code: 0x80070057

One day turned on my PC and i tried to open Skype and Mozilla Firefox but that gave me an error saying something about one of the disks corrupting i had like Local Disks so i decided to factory reset and i didn't Slow 7 Code: with Error Windows 0x80070057 Installation Very need anything that was left on the PC so why not i said then Very Slow Windows 7 Installation with Error Code: 0x80070057 i proceeded doing the installation i got to the formatting and selecting where your windows go screen so formatted all of the disks i formatted disk C once and for some reason it still had GB on it so i formatted it twice and the second time took a little longer which i couldn't wait so i restarted the PC mid way formatting disk C and the PC boots on fine but all parts of the windows installations go super slower after i selected my language and the part after that it says Setup is starting for like - mins or more after that i get the normal formatting and select where installing your windows i select disk C and it proceeds to the screen that says Copying windows files but that's where it is stuck then it is staying at for like - minutes till it gives this error Windows could not format a partition on disk The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation Error Code x If you need more information just ask

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Very Slow Windows 7 Installation with Error Code: 0x80070057

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Very Slow Windows 7 Installation with Error Code: 0x80070057

Hello and welcome Lazor PC mate for starters it would be best to remove all the drives except the one you want as the boot drive one - I mean just unplug the data cables (SATA) on the others and then try this tutorial way of installing it is the freshest version of whatever version you have on the machine. Br careful to pick only the version you have already because some smart A's try to go to a higher version and then get grief +++++++ when trying to activate using the original code.

Might I make a suggestion that if your budget can stretch to a SSD then it is by far and a way the way to go.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/345292-very-slow-windows-7-installation-error-code-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have upgraded to build 9926.

My update history now shows 'No, updates have been installed yet.'

When I run Windows Update I get error code 0x80070057

Is there a way to get the updates to work?

A:Windows Update gives error code 0x80070057

Originally Posted by machare

I have upgraded to build 9926.

My update history now shows 'No, updates have been installed yet.'

When I run Windows Update I get error code 0x80070057

Is there a way to get the updates to work?

I don't know if this will help but seems like it is pretty common error as once even i got this error in my Windows... This Guide Helped me > Error Code 0x80070057 - Causes and Methods to fix it | Fix Errors

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/4084-windows-update-gives-error-code-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello all,

i faced strange problem for me i tried to install windows 7 on my computer

and i deleted the partition then try to format it this error code messgae appeared

0x80070057

i donot know what to do i stuck i can't install windows in this partition and i have a lot of important files

in the others partitions so i can't format them

please help me to fix the error

A:Windows installation error 0x80070057

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Use either one of these to recover your personal files to a different hard drive,
Lucid Puppy way to recover files from a non-bootable computer

Emergency Kit - save your files from a dead OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/395902-windows-installation-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Error x in windows installation Ok here is my situation Specs Mobo Asus asus m a r Graphics AMD Sapphire Nitro GB Ram gigs HDD WD Blue TB Desktop Inch SATA Gb s rpm Internal Hard Drive Situation I recently have had problems with slowdown on my custom gaming PC I ended up taking it all apart and cleaning it and put it 0x80070057 Error 7 in windows installation back together and when I did it would not connect to the monitor I ended up taking it to a computer repair shop and they updated my BIOS and everything seemed to work They noted the harddrive had failed some tests but it was still working fine I got my computer back but it was still running slow I noticed in the BIOS that the CPU was heating to C while idling I reapplied thermal paste and it cooled it down and everything seemed normal again I was playing Counter-Strike Global Offensive and suddenly my entire computer freezes and crashes When I try to boot my computer back up it goes past the windows logo screen but freezes at the windows log in screen but without the log in boxes It just has the blue background not BSOD Thinking it was my HDD failing it was a TB Seagate RPM model I bought a Western Digital Blue TB hard drive When taking the old one out Error 0x80070057 in windows 7 installation I broke the snapper of the SATA cable so I went and bought a new SATA gb cable I plugged my new HDD Error 0x80070057 in windows 7 installation with the new cable and booted my PC with my windows reinstallation disk It gets as far as the installing but everytime Error 0x80070057 in windows 7 installation I try to format my partitions it keeps coming up with the error quot Failed to format the selected partition error x quot I looked up how to fix it by deleting the partitions and and remaking them and trying again and it continues with the error I ran the command menu and tried diskpart list disk select disk list partition select partition X active This doesn't seem to work I ran it again and tried diskpart list disk select disk clean all When I try clean all it says quot the request cannot be performed because of an I O device error quot I tried using a different windows install disk I've tried running it off AHCI and on IDE I retested my old HDD with the new cable and it still did the same thing I am out of options I could take it back to the repair guys but with my schedule I would be out of a computer for weeks and out Does ANYONE know of any other fixes for this error Could it be a mobo error Seriously any input is greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383285-error-0x80070057-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 83.85%

problem 1
recently i had to install windows 7 in my pc.....bt while installing a message always shows up saying "windows could not format a partition on disk 0.an error occured while preparing the partition for installation.error code 0x80070057"
my hard drive is samsung HD502H(500GB) and have a partition of 93.1GB
please sugest a solution....i need it very urgently

problem 2
there are many important files in the hard disk....can i recover those files in any way???

A:windows could not format a partition on disk 0:error code 0x80070057

Recuva is a data-recovery utility I've used successfully from time to time.

Recuva - Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195606-windows-could-not-format-partition-disk-0-error-code-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey everybody, I am trying to do a clean install of windows 7 onto my laptop, and I keep getting the error, "windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070057" . I have reformatted the hard drive and tried clicking next from there. This is the 64-bit version of windows 7, any help would be grateful.

A:Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. Error code: 0x80070057

Problem: Error message “Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition.”
What to try:
Make sure that the partition is primary, active, and formatted with NTFS.

Instructions for marking a partition as active using Diskpart:
Open an elevated command prompt:
Method 1: From Windows
Click on Start and type “command prompt”
Right-click on the application and select “Run as administrator”
Choose “Yes” when asked to confirm

Method 2: From a Windows install/repair disc
Boot into the install/repair disc and wait for it to load
Choose “Repair my computer”
Select “Command Prompt”

Type diskpart and press enter.
Enter list disk and note the number of the disk you want to install on.
Enter select disk n n is the number of the disk.
Enter list partition and note the number of the partition you want to install on.
Enter select partition n n is the number of the partition.
Enter active
You can now close the command prompt and re-attempt installation.

Make sure you follow those instructions exactly.

Common Installation Problems and Their Solutions

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/97981-windows-could-not-format-partition-disk-0-error-code-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I've tried to update to the latest release and it appears to download the software. It then confirms that my machine will run the new version. When it tries to install it gets the 0x80070057 message and stops. I've tried several times.

A:getting error code 0x80070057 after downloading the latest Windows 10 pro upgarde

I have received the same error myself. Tries to install gets to about 3% then error.
Michael

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434164-getting-error-code-0x80070057-after-downloading-latest-windows-10-pro-upgarde.html
Relevancy 83.42%

My problem is the following On my Dell laptop Inspiron N i installed antiviruses avira and norton and suddenly after this my pc kept crashing blue screen and all The way i was able to ERROR 64 at installation Windows Premium 0x80070057 bit Home 7 fix this was simply by running diagnostics and restarting the computer After a week the computer completely failed the blue screen of death appeared this time i had to reinstall windows I didnt know how to so we called an experienced pc guy who fixed it using a windows professional bit instead of home Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit ERROR 0x80070057 at installation premium disc as boot All was fine until a week after the guy had done this The computer shutdown suddenly and i was unable to access anything except the bios menu and window logo I then used the same disk the guy used he gave it to us to reinstall the os I did the steps as he did i promise but the installation got stuck a and said Error x D invalid file or etc I searched on the internet and othe forums and found the following answers -- gt The ISO Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit ERROR 0x80070057 at installation file i used was corrupted -- gt My HDD was broken So i kept trying to fix the st problem with no success i downloaded at least different windows home premium bit isos and tried to install them with usb But same failure error x D please advise me what to do what steps i should do to try and make one of the isos work because abandonning the HDD will be the last thing i will try Thanks to all that have read this My hope lies on you Edit I actually encountered both errors x D and x

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit ERROR 0x80070057 at installation

Never run two AV's, especially when one is Norton Bloatware.

I would uninstall both as a test and install recommended Microsoft Security Essentials.

You'll need to run the special uninstall tool for grossly bloated AV's: Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

If this fails then try to System Restore back to before you installed the two AV's when it was working correctly.

If that fails then download, install and decline trial for Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware - Downloads
then run full scans with both.

Folllow that with SFC /SCANNOW Command.

Report back all results.

Then look over the steps for doing a perfect Clean Reinstall Windows 7 which includes everything that works best with Win7 based on tens of thousands of installs we've directly helped with here at the top tech forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/373860-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-error-0x80070057-installation.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Ok I have an HP dv us and there is NO OS INSTALED Oh don't get me wrong I know how to fix that error but the problem is is that whenever Iget to the formatting process of windows installation it literally freezes and tiles itself with blue lines or something NO THR RAM AND HDD IS NOT CORRUPTED BROKEN I have ran multiple tests The error from formatting is x and I have tried EVERY SINGLE DISKPART AND BOOTSEC COMMANDS ON THE INTERNET I have also tried startup repair etc I booted gparted and it said quot Your PNP bios is causing a fatal error quot I can't even install a Linux Debian without the formatting process freezing I also tried booting from CD but it doesn't boot from CD THE BIOS HAS NO OPTION TO CHANGE AHCII or something like that I conclude that the bios needs to be updated but I cant do it without error 7 error with installation windows BIOS 0x80070057 a windows Os There have been over versions of the HP dv us and the change log even states it fixes these problems The bios comes in a self extracting exe There is no bin file I don't know of its possible to flash the bios with usb without a bin or something If you have any suggestions please do post My final plan is to find a hard drive with windows on it replace the bios If you guys have any info I coul d use please post

A:BIOS error with windows 7 installation error 0x80070057

I would say you are on the short road to finding out your mobo is probably dying/dead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/346571-bios-error-windows-7-installation-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a suite of Windows workstations on which I now cannot do a system image backup although I used to be able to when I first installed them The backup target is System Windows Image code (error Backup 0x80070057) Start Fails to the D drive of one of a Windows System Image Backup Fails to Start (error code 0x80070057) pair of R Foundation servers either one Once I've selected the target server and drive from the quot Select a Network Location quot dialogue and entered appropriate credentials there back on the quot Where do you want to save the backup quot dialogue when I click the quot Next quot button I just get a message box quot An error has occurred The parameter is incorrect x Close Windows Backup and try again quot Needless to say that doesn't help I've come across many threads on this and other forums with similar problems but none of the suggestions I found like setting the locale to use ' ' as the decimal place increasing the virtual memory to a preposterous size or running CHKDSK have helped I know malware is not the problem since these workstations and the servers are on a closed network with no external connections at all and all removable media are disabled Configuration Workstations HW Dell Precision T HDD RAID mirrored array of Seagate Barracuda GB SATA II NWIF Intel PRO PT link aggregated dual Gbaud NIC OS Win bit Pro SP Servers HW Dell Poweredge R HDD RAID mirrored array of Seagate Barracuda GB SATA II NWIF Broadcom dual Gbaud on MBrd OS Server R Foundation

A:Windows System Image Backup Fails to Start (error code 0x80070057)

OK, folks, riddle me this if you can:

I fixed this problem as a by-product of fixing another one, apparently unrelated, which was that I couldn't access the workstation's DVD drive - I just kept getting the dreaded "Access is denied" mantra. In my searching, I came across a suggestion to uninstall the drive and reinstall it. Seems kinda extreme, but it would certainly initialise its security settings.

Well I did it, and sure enough I now have full access to the drive, but then when I opened the Backup toolbox to create a new system repair disk, I found the backup to my system servers is now working, along with correctly identifying the DVD drive and an external USB HDD I have connected as usable backup devices (which it didn't before).

It makes about as much sense to me as getting your TV to work by turning the kitchen tap on, but there you go - that's Windows for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/262256-windows-system-image-backup-fails-start-error-code-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a suite of Windows workstations on which I now cannot do a system image backup although I used to be able to when I first installed them The backup target is the D drive of one of a pair of R Foundation servers either one Once I've selected the target server and drive from the quot Select a Network Location quot dialogue and entered appropriate credentials there back on the quot Where do you want to save the backup quot dialogue when I click the quot Next quot button I just get a message box quot An error has occurred The parameter is incorrect x Close Windows Backup and try again quot Needless to say that doesn't help I've come across many threads on other forums with similar problems but none of the suggestions I found Start System Fails Image code (error Windows Backup to [SOLVED] 0x80070057) like setting the [SOLVED] Windows System Image Backup Fails to Start (error code 0x80070057) locale to use ' ' as the decimal place or running CHKDSK have helped I know malware is not the problem since these workstations and the servers are on a closed network with no external connections at all and all removable media are disabled Configuration Workstations HW Dell Precision T HDD [SOLVED] Windows System Image Backup Fails to Start (error code 0x80070057) RAID mirrored array of Seagate Barracuda GB SATA II NWIF Intel PRO PT link aggregated dual Gbaud NIC OS Win Pro SP Servers HW Dell Poweredge R HDD RAID mirrored array of Seagate Barracuda GB SATA II NWIF Broadcom dual Gbaud on MBrd OS Server R Foundation

A:[SOLVED] Windows System Image Backup Fails to Start (error code 0x80070057)

Hi and welcome to TSF please see this "0x80070057" error message when you back up files in Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-system-image-backup-fails-to-start-error-code-0x80070057-673896.html
Relevancy 77.83%

hey i got this issue after trying to install windows xp,7,8.1 and the same error happened.

A:how to fix error code 0x80070057

This usually occurs when there is a problem with the partition you are installing the operating system on.

You list XP, Windows 7 and 8.1.  Which one are you trying to install?

If there isn't a problem with the hdd you could use a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke to overwrite the hdd.  This will basically leave you with a clean slate to start with.  After doing this do the installation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590467/how-to-fix-error-code-0x80070057/
Relevancy 77.83%

Windows could not format a partition disc 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition for installation. Error code:0x80070057

A:Error code:0x80070057*

Is the drive you are installing Windows on new?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-code-0x80070057-643109.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi recently my laptop got crashed and was not starting then i decided to install windows 7 while booting the process is dead slow and al last it was ending up showing an error 0x80070057

pls help me . Im not getting what to do.

A:error code 0x80070057

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/23406-error-code-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Dear All, I've already update my Windows 7 to Windows 10. May I know what is " 0x80070057 ERROR CODE" means? Glad to hear from you guys. Regards,NINA

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Error-Code-0x80070057/td-p/5712113
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi So I installed windows installing W7 0x80070057 error while code but I didn't like it so much no problem so far But then a few days ago my laptop freezed during the bootup and when i turned it on it was like an half an hour to start and then when I got into the dekstop everything was running so slow You couldn't even open textpad or something So I stopped my downloaded windows installation cd into my laptop and did everything till i came to the partitions There as I read deleted all the partitions and made new ones for windows and for games and so on Then I click on next and i get a error code something like couldn't format the hard drive error code x I tried the DISK PART thing and nothing other happened I tried to error code 0x80070057 while installing W7 do in the BIOS error code 0x80070057 while installing W7 from IDE to AHCI and backwards nothing worked What am I supposed to do now Thanks in advance sorry for bad grammar if there is any I'm from Holland

A:error code 0x80070057 while installing W7

By the way I have an Asus n56vz-s4035v.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/351080-error-code-0x80070057-while-installing-w7.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My relatively new seagate harddrive failed on me last week so I requested a replacement. It arrived (refurbished model..) and upon putting it in and trying to install Windows, the following occurs.

After selecting custom install windows attempts to copy files. It hangs at 0% for 10-15 minutes and then spits out an error message stating "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070057".

And then I notice a new 100 mb partition appears. I cannot get by this step. I cannot install windows onto this harddrive. I've done some searching but most solutions require being able to boot into a functioning version of windows, which I cannot as the drive is "new".

The motherboard is an Asrock B75M running Uefi bios
The attempted install of windows is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
The harddrive is a Seagate 1TB drive

A:Error code 0x80070057 when installing

Apologies for the thread. Problem solved. Issue was a faulty sata cable

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471519/error-code-0x80070057-when-installing/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I have a Samsung PM GB SSD I made an image backup two nights ago with Windows Ultimate -bit Then yesterday nbsp I had some issues with partition alignment which somehow botched the Windows code Windows parameter incorrect") (Error is 0x80070057; "the restore image Repair Recovery Environment found in quot Repair Your Computer quot Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect") when you hit F on boot Windows however was fine after a startup repair and the partition was aligned perfectly However I couldn't get the Recovery Environment back so I did a fresh install Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect") of Windows Professional -bit onto my system The recovery partition was there and on a side note it was aligned correctly too I am now trying to restore the image I made a few days ago However I realize I cannot conduct this restore of the image if Iaccess the recovery environment through the hard drive tells me it can't restore because the environment is on the hard drive which is to be restored or a disc I cannot eject a disc in the recovery environemnt due to lacking drivers for the touch-sensitive eject key So I put the Recovery Environment on a flash drive which seems to work fine though I cannot be certain that this is working perfectly Nonetheless I insert the disc with my backup GB Blu-ray DL and the jump drive Boot into the recovery environment via flash drive my motherboard supports USB booting and attempt to restore the image It tells me it will have to format the drive etc However as soon as I click the final quot yes quot prompt and it starts to restore it immediately spits an error at me Error The parameter is incorrectCode x I have google'd this for hours no luck so few people have this problem and if so it is in MAKING the backup not restoring it The disc is fine I've cleaned in numerous times If you can't figure out the solution can someone PLEASE tell me how to get this image onto my hard drive somehow It is a vhd file about GB in size but it includes a handful of other cryptically-titled files Thanks Ibrahim Some possible useful bits of information I made an image of my Ultimate -bit drive but only had a Pro disc handy I have my Ultimate -bit key but don't have the disc currently So I'm trying to restore an image of Ultimate -bit onto my Pro -bit installation issue There were no errors when making the image Idea wipe the drive clean how and then use the image restore tool on my jump drive I would do this RIGHT now but I don't know how to format the hard drive without concurrently installing Windows I have GParted which I initially used to align the partition on a disc just use that I want to be SURE that this is a good solution though if I formatted it tried the restore and it failed it would be a PITA to have to reinstall again

A:Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect")

Guys. I fixed it. It's doing the image restore now. I called MS and they told me that you can't do an image restore unless ALL the drives are exactly as they were. Meaning when I was using my jump drive to initiate the recovery (because I can't eject the recovery disk to put in the image disk), it was counting that as a drive. So no go on using a jump drive to initiate the Windows Recovery Environment. That was what was the "the parameter is incorrect; 0x80070057" error. I figured out a workaround that I should have seen INSTANTLY. All this time, it's been there. When you're selecting an image, Microsoft realized some people might have their images on external drives which require special drivers. You just go there and wala, you see a Browse icon. Go in there, right-click the optical drive, eject, put in the one with the image. It's restoring now. OH YEAH! And, btw, if you were wondering, 3 is the limit of times you can clean install from an upgrade disk on 7. I had to call and get that working,too. ~Ibrahim~

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d1d5e820-4b3f-4848-8861-8c0736c5fd1a/windows-image-restore-error-code-0x80070057-quotthe-parameter-is-incorrectquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey everyone I just bought parts for install fresh code trying Error 7 while 0x80070057 Win a new system build AMD Phenom II x Thurban Blk Edition Ghz GB Corsair Vengeance PC ASUS M A TD EVO mobo Nvidia Geforce Ti GB Gfx card Sony Optiarc x CD DVD rom SATA WD TB RPM HD SATA After piecing everything it fired right up so I went into BIOS and set the boot priority for DVD rom gt HD Placed my windows disc Error code 0x80070057 while trying fresh Win 7 install in saved and exited and things seemed to go ok until windows gave me the error code mentioned in the title of this thread quot Windows could not format the partition on disk The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation Error code x quot This error shows every time I try to install Win The HD is brand spanking new and I did click the quot new quot option in advanced settings to set and format a partition The REALLY weird thing is that when this happens my bios settings reset back to default values Why is this happening Do I have a bad motherboard Bad HD Bad OS disk I don t have duplicates of anything so it s impossible to troubleshoot by elimination I really don t know what else to do now I m close to giving up on this system and just sending everything back to Newegg and cutting my losses Any advice would be golden at this point thanks for any help you guys can lend UPDATE I swapped SATA cables ran the in house mem diagnostic found no errors even tried dfferent SATA ports on the mobo and I still get the same results Things seem to be getting worse however Now windows sometimes doesn t even detect the drive so to eliminate the possibility that the drive was DOA I swapped to a known good drive and I get the exact same result when attempting to either create a new partition or format the existing one nbsp

A:Error code 0x80070057 while trying fresh Win 7 install

UPDATE#2: Problem resolved! The issue was with the CASE. They installed a "hot - swap" device that you hook your HD into, but the interface was bad, and was corrupting any and all data that passed through.

BUYER BEWARE: the case is an Azza Hurricane 2000 BLK. Anyone who uses this case in a system build REMOVE the hot swap interface cards that are installed in the drive bays, as they do not work as designed. I hope this helps anyone building a system that might be running into a similar problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-0x80070057-while-trying-fresh-win-7-install.169695/
Relevancy 76.11%

My computer is eligible for Windows 10 upgrade.  I was trying to download to upgrade however it doesn't seem to be downloading. There is no downloading display to indicate it is downloading and I let the computer runs for over 24 hours. Nothing was
downloaded. I am using Window 7 Professional at the moment.
After several failed attempts, I used the Window Downloading Tool and found 4 errors. Three of the errors were fixed however one cannot be fixed automatically.  The error message read 0x80070057 (2016-4-17-T-04_32_32P).
What does it mean and how can I resolve this issue.
Please help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/46661718-a958-4e52-aedb-51b76f4c81e8/error-code-0x80070057-2016417t043232p?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 75.25%

I tried upgrading three different desktop computers with the August nd Windows Anniversary Upgrade I used the Windows Assistant from to code Anniversary Win Error Upgrade updating 10 0x80070057 the Microsoft website for this upgrade Problem is that it begins the process then eventually stops and displays a notification that the upgrade can't continue due to Error x I searched to find out what this is and found a lot of hits for a variety of things that have been attributed to this error code but nothing specific to this upgrade I m sure that I'm not the Error code 0x80070057 updating to Win 10 Anniversary Upgrade only person who has had this happen Does anyone know if there is a solution or way to work around this problem I found two files that apparently were dropped onto my computers when I tried to perform the upgrades Win Upgrade One was on my hard drive and the other oddly enough was found on my network drive No idea how that one got there I've tried running them again but get the same error message each time When the upgrade didn't appear as a regular update I went to the Microsoft website and found the Windows Assistant and thought I'd give that a try I was surprised that it didn't work Then again I had similar things happen back in July but still eventually managed to get the free upgrade to without too much difficulty In fact has worked just fine for me Anyway if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate hearing from you Thanks message edited by casper

A:Error code 0x80070057 updating to Win 10 Anniversary Upgrade

Did you look at the comments here: http://www.windowscentral.com/simpl...Doing the best I can here... And remember, there's always more than one path to success. :)

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/error-code-0x80070057-updating-to-win-10-anniversary-upgrade/690.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I ve searched the forum and seen this error code come up with serious fixes required all the way to a Microsoft KB article saying there s something wrong with the disk partition and to recreate it I m hoping someone will tell me that in my case I can probably just ignore it I wasn t doing anything so severe as installing or updating Windows All I was doing was copying about GB of data from my machine s hard drive to an external portable hard drive a new one never used before It Error copying 0x80070057 Solved: on files code almost completely finished -- had about five minutes left -- and it gave me this error An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file If you continue to receive this error you can use the error code to search for help with this problem Error x The parameter is incorrect lt filename gt std Type STD file Size MB Date modified AM Try Again Skip Cancel After I said to Skip it this was followed right away by a series of those classic error message in Windows when copying a huge block of data from one location to another that say the folder file would result in a path too long for Windows and to shorten the path So I m hoping it was pretty innocuous and really doesn t mean there s any likelihood that there s anything corrupt on my system -- or even anything wrong with the external hard drive I know the best anyone can do is venture a guess That s all I m asking Solved: Error code 0x80070057 on copying files for please -- an educated guess -- just to put my mind at ease By the way I realized afterwards that to successfully copy this block of data without having issues with path length all I need to do is use something like GoodSync Thanks very much nbsp

A:Solved: Error code 0x80070057 on copying files

Is it this?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982736

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-code-0x80070057-on-copying-files.1128921/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello Guys,

Please help me to solve this problem.
I have two(2) Western Digital VelociRaptor 150Gb HDDs
I have enabled RAID in BIOS. Connected both drives into GSATA controller 0 (0/1).
I'm trying to install Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 from original DVD.
Before copying files window, windows sees both drives as one (286Gb). So RAID-0 seems to be working. Then.
When it gets to "Copying Files (0%)" stage it displays the Error Code 0x80070057.
I have formatted both drives on another computer and have replaced SATA cables. I'm still getting same error.

Please help.

A:Error Code 0x80070057 when installing Ultimate 64bit on RAID-0

Have you tried to brake RAID-0, connect one drive and install?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231665-error-code-0x80070057-when-installing-ultimate-64bit-raid-0-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am trying to install Windows 7 on an HP Slimline s5220y with a USB installer I made from a Windows 7 ISO (I made the ISO from a working Windows 7 DVD). At around 25% through extracting the files, I get an error message with the error code 0x80070570. Any help is appreciated

A:Windows 7 Installation Error code 0x80070570

Hello and welcome Cave mate I think personally although fiddly using this tutorial and invoking the ie.cfg removal tool would be far less problematical as long as you choose the correct version for which you have the activation code for.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 it does also give info on doing it with a stick anyhow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/373817-windows-7-installation-error-code-0x80070570.html
Relevancy 67.51%

When I am trying to install windows 10 I am receiving during the installation upgrade an error code 0x80070005-0xb003 what should I do about that???NE

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2c894f7f-8dbe-4ad3-aadc-aa20d05f0ebe/windows-10-pro-installation-upgrade-error-code?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 66.65%

I tried to reinstall windows after installing my new Asus M A LE R mainboard but the process stops at - and throws the x D Error x64 7 Professional Error Installation 0x8007045D during Windows code message I quick formatted and repartitionated the HDD Still the same error I tried again after low formatting the HDD with partition wizard repartitionated again still getting Error x Error code 0x8007045D during Windows 7 Professional x64 Installation D Also updated my bios ran chkdsk and partition wizards sector check which both say the HDD is fine installed xubuntu and archlinux without any problem reformatted and repartitioned again changed my SATA-Controller in BIOS from AHCI to IDE took out RAM module tried win professional -bit without SP and win prof -bit I ran the Installation Disk in both UEFI and normal mode of course with gpt partition table in uefi mode and mbr in normal mode tried different SATA connectors and cables and burned and tried every single iso at least twice with different programs I'm still getting Error x D with every single setup I try System Specs Mainboard Asus M A LE R with BIOS Version Previous Mainboard Asrock N C-S UCC RAM x GB DDR Dual Channel MHz Video Card Gainward Nvidia GeForce GTS HDD Western Digital WDC WD EALX- BA TB CPU AMD Athlon II X x Ghz ODD Optiarc DVD RW AD- S Also interesting When I try to wipe out the disk with diskpart after booting the installation disk it also throws an I O Error but I don't know what to do about that Windows XP Home Premium x gets stuck at also though not throwing an error message I am really out of ideas what to do next but maybe I just missed something during my efforts It would be really nice to see some ideas or recommendations what to do

A:Error code 0x8007045D during Windows 7 Professional x64 Installation

Hi,

You covered a lot, so the only thing I can think of is to take the CD/DVD drive out of the equation (although I note you did install a Linux distro using that, in addition to PW).

Download the appropriate Windows 7 ISO here, then use this tool to write it to a 4GB USB flash drive, which also makes it bootable. Insert the drive into a USB2.0 port, and then boot from that and try the installation.

The error is usually an I/O error....although I don't know why you should be able to install a Linux distro and not Windows. Did you install all the motherboard drivers prior to attempting to install Windows 7?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289368-error-code-0x8007045d-during-windows-7-professional-x64-installation.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have Win 8.1 Home in my laptop with AMD A8 4500M 1.9 GHz processor. After downloading Win 10, it did not install with error code 80070003.I ran the WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.daigcab when I got the message, "some registration is missing or corrupt".I downloaded MediacreationToolx64.exe & ran it & got the message "Something happened". This happened three times I tried to download Win 10. Pl. resolve the problem

A:Windows 10 installation failure error code 80070003

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/phot...Alternatively, run Microsoft's Upgrade Assistant.How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-installation-failure-error-code-80070003/47.html
Relevancy 66.65%

My PC had a BOOTMGR problem on boot-up and it wouldn't fix through the command prompt fixes fixmbr rebuildbcd chkdsk So I thought I'd do a clean install Code problem installation Error 0x80070017 Windows I formatted everything on the drive and continued to do the installation Installing Windows Home Premium -bit What ended up happening was the files were corrupted or missing but Windows installation problem Error Code 0x80070017 what I didn't understand was that the CD was OEM that came with the computer The computer had that version of Windows before I formatted I was previously having S M A R T pop up on start-up prompting me to push F to continue but Windows installation problem Error Code 0x80070017 I disabled it because I thought it was annoying and found no problems with my hard drive until now I accidentally cut into the S-ATA cord from the CD-Drive to the motherboard but it's still intact I thought that was the case so I tried installing from USB and that didn't work either ended the same way I've tried leaving only one stick of RAM intact GB out of GB and taking out the battery on the motherboard using the VGA output on my old GFX card none of which solved the problem How exactly do I fix this By fix I mean let Windows install without any problem Specs Motherboard ASUS M N T-M V Core AMD Phenom II ghz Quad Core Graphics ATI Radeon mb currently intact ATI Radeon Not intact as it doesn't have VGA output RAM x GB I put this under the wrong category please fix

A:Windows installation problem Error Code 0x80070017

If you were getting SMART popups then it's quite likely your hard drive is having problems. Run the vendor diagnostic.

Quote:
Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics

Next, replace the SATA cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239168-windows-installation-problem-error-code-0x80070017.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I run Windows Home Premium on SSD harddrive Windows SP installation is failing Package KB is downloaded successfully but configuring update ends at After automatic reboot startup repair shows message that computer is unable to start and a system restore is needed Windows update shows that SP Error SP1 installation 800F0816 Windows code 7 failing. failed with Error code F After unsucessful Windows 7 SP1 installation failing. Error code 800F0816 update new directories in C are created quot f cd f f b dbf quot or quot c bdde b d ebb quot including spinstall exe To see error messages in the following logs in attachment - quot C Windows Logs CBS CBS log quot - quot C Windows Inf setupapi dev log quot - quot C Windows winsxs poqexec log quot - quot C Windows WindowsUpdate log quot What I have done to solve problem - Reinstalled Windows times and installed service pack before other programs - Uninstalled Bitdefender antivirus before installation - I have checked disk for hardware problems with chkdsk F CMD - I have checked corrupt files with sfc scannow - Run Microsoft quot Fixit quot and repaired window update components - I have installed system update readiness tool Windows -KB -v -x I hope this program runs together with Windows update - Reninstalled NET Framework manually dotNetFx Full x x - I have also tried clean reboot msconfig but since Nvidia display driver is only services beside Microsoft services this seems pointless Recent installation to computer - New SSD harddrive Windows 7 SP1 installation failing. Error code 800F0816 Kingston HyperX SSD GB quot SATA - Replaced PSU with Corsair CX V W - Replaced GPU with MSI GeForce GTX Ti GB PhysX Thoughts about problem I previous thought the reasons was a malware but since I have reinstalled windows without any program the only option would be a bios virus which I understand is unlikely Could this error bee caused by conflict in Bios regarding harddrives Any way to detect hardware problems like PSU or harddrive Hope someone has a clue what could be wrong

A:Windows 7 SP1 installation failing. Error code 800F0816

You can get support from Microsoft over SP1 issues although whether you'll get help is another matter.

Support for Microsoft Update technical problems - troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/198564-windows-7-sp1-installation-failing-error-code-800f0816.html
Relevancy 66.65%

has any one had this error with windows update please? i ran the troubleshooter and it said it fixed problems for it

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2387530)

Installation date: ‎22/‎02/‎2011 19:34

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80242016

Update type: Recommended

A:Windows 7 SP1 installation Error details: Code 80242016

Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion

has any one had this error with windows update please? i ran the troubleshooter and it said it fixed problems for it

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2387530)

Installation date: ‎22/‎02/‎2011 19:34

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80242016

Update type: Recommended

Read here You cannot configure a Wi-Fi Protected Setup device from a computer that is running Windows 7. Has the cause and possible solutions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/146287-windows-7-sp1-installation-error-details-code-80242016-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I am having the same issues with the Windows upgrade as TheDude has previously reported In fact last I checked the upgrade had made unsuccessful attempts to upgrade I was thinking - and am a non-technically inclined senior citizen - 10 results code error in of Windows Installation 80070005 that when I logon to my system I logon on using an outlook com address Could it be that my system is waiting for me to log on to a local account or something I tried the creation tool clicked run and poof nothing I even created a USB flash drive with the upgrade on it using our laptop computer But after the install began I was asked for the product key wouldn't you know that the product key ended in AEOEM or some such characters but the upgrade told me it wasn't a valid product key So I contacted Dell so much for paid support worthless as teets on a boar hog They referred me to Microsoft who after keeping me on hold for some time had me run MSCONFIG go to the services tab Installation of Windows 10 results in error code 80070005 check hide all Microsoft services and then hit apply Only problem The MSCONFIG window said not responding The Microsoft tech said for she'd be happy to elevate my tech support for one item for days I said no thanks that was too much when they couldn't even guarantee that whatever they might do would correct the issue Besides it seems there are many folks encountering the same issues I am with the upgrade so this can't be just my computer Equipment Dell XPS i processor Gb Installation of Windows 10 results in error code 80070005 RAM Gb SSD

A:Installation of Windows 10 results in error code 80070005

Hi ubtchanova Let's see if we can get the upgrade to install on your system. Follow the instructions below please.System File Checker (SFC)Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system and to provide the CBS log in your next reply;On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as AdministratorOn Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);Enter the command below and press on Enter;sfc /scannowNote: There's a space between "sfc" and "/scannow";Once the scan is complete, enter the command below and press on Entercopy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"A file called cbs.txt will have appeared on your Desktop. Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here;Note: Please note that the CBS.log is volatile, which means that if you don't upload it after the SFC scan is completed, it won't contains the information from the scan anymore. So archive it and upload it as soon as you can.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585205/installation-of-windows-10-results-in-error-code-80070005/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I keep getting this error update and I have tried every suggestion I could find on the Microsoft site I ran the system Update Readiness Tool and CheckSUR log reports the following information Quote Unavailable repair files winsxs manifests msil system xml resources b a c e en-us ba f adcb ffa Installation 7) (Windows Code 80073712 KB2972211 Persistant Error for manifest winsxs manifests amd netfx-system xml b f f Persistant Installation Error Code 80073712 for KB2972211 (Windows 7) f d a a none d c f manifest winsxs manifests msil mscorlib resources b a c e Persistant Installation Error Code 80073712 for KB2972211 (Windows 7) en-us ac c cac manifest winsxs manifests msil system data sqlxml b a c e none d a Persistant Installation Error Code 80073712 for KB2972211 (Windows 7) a bd d manif est winsxs manifests amd netfx-sos dll b f f f d a a none d b dbca e manifest winsxs manifests msil system xml b a c e none f f a e manifest winsxs manifests amd netfx-sos dll b f f f d a a none a f a ff manifest winsxs manifests amd netfx-system data sqlxml b f f f d a a none fd d d f a manifest winsxs manifests amd netfx-system data sqlxml b f f f d a a none bab a b a manifest winsxs manifests amd netfx-system xml b f f f d a a none a c cea e manifest winsxs manifests msil system data sqlxml resources b a c e en-us f b d da da manifest winsxs manifests msil mscorlib resources b a c e en-us fbad f f f manifest winsxs manifests msil system data sqlxml b a c e none ef a d a b f manif est winsxs manifests amd netfx-mscordacwks b f f f d a a none b d c af aa ed manifest winsxs manifests msil system xml resources b a c e en-us d c f dac manifest winsxs manifests msil system data sqlxml resources b a c e en-us d b fb manifest winsxs manifests amd mscorlib b a c e none d b e f manifest winsxs manifests amd netfx-mscorwks dll b f f f d a a none a f ae manifest winsxs manifests amd netfx-mscorwks dll b f f f d a a none bf d add d a manifest winsxs manifests amd netfx-mscordacwks b f f f d a a none a cc af manifest winsxs manifests msil system xml b a c e none fd f d manifest servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e cat servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English bf ad e cat servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e cat servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English bf ad e cat servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat Any assistance in resolving this would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Persistant Installation Error Code 80073712 for KB2972211 (Windows 7)

i did a google-search for "error code 80073712", which you posted, and came up with this:

Windows Update error 0x80073712

the webpage says to resolve the problem by running "system file checker".. here are the instructions:

Open an elevated command prompt.
Run the "sfc /scannow" command.
Try to install update again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/345159-persistant-installation-error-code-80073712-kb2972211-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All I'm hoping someone will be able to help I believe I have a genuine copy of Windows home premium as I've been using it without problems for the last year I've recently installed a new gigabyte motherboard and i processor so decided to do a clean install of windows using my original disk It all installed Code 0x80072F8F Windows installation Error fresh issue okay but after a few days windows expired and every time I've tried to activate by typing or phoning with my original product key I have been unsuccessful It says a problem occurred when windows tried to activate Error Code x F F I've also tried ligit check and got the following report using the diagnostic tool Thanks in Advance Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- WGA Data-- gt Validation Status Invalid License Validation Code Cached Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - - GGD-QGJ F-VW P Windows Product Key Hash HBK e aZ UJA tON m RRWnWI Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID B CF -F B- E -B - FC B E Is Admin Yes TestCab x WGA Version N Windows fresh installation issue Error Code 0x80072F8F A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x WGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- Windows fresh installation issue Error Code 0x80072F8F gt Office Status N A Windows fresh installation issue Error Code 0x80072F8F OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B CF -F B- E -B - FC B E lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -VW P lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt To be filled by O E M lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F FB FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA SLP channel Activation ID e a a-f f - -b bd-ba e a d f Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microso... Read more

A:Windows fresh installation issue Error Code 0x80072F8F

It says this is an OEM copy of Win7. Did you buy an OEM retail copy or are you reinstalling Factory OEM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/312395-windows-fresh-installation-issue-error-code-0x80072f8f.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Members my computer was attacked last week with some kind of virus First I could not download any updates but after running some Malware tools I was able to download all the important and optional updates from Vista code MSE installation" the 0x80070643 Windows complete 32 error "Cannot Microsoft One thing I did mistake was to uninstall MSE when working on it in the hope that I would Windows Vista 32 error code 0x80070643 "Cannot complete the MSE installation" be able to re-install it These are some of the virus I found Trojan Vundo and also Trojan P P worm I am going to paste all the logs from the tools I run on the machine down here Please help anyone I have used all the tools from bleeping to clean any old antvirus which I have never had since back the computer is updated but I cannot get to install MSE Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by IKE administrator on - - at Running from C Users IKE Downloads Windows Vista 32 error code 0x80070643 "Cannot complete the MSE installation" Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Network Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible IE proxy is enabled Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of SDRSVC service is OK The ImagePath of SDRSVC service is OK The ServiceDll of SDRSVC service is OK Checking LEGACY SDRSVC ATTENTION gt Unable to open LEGACY SDRSVC registry key The key does not exist VSS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of VSS service is OK The ImagePath of VSS service is OK System Restore Disabled Policy Security Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wscsvc service is OK The ImagePath of wscsvc service is OK The ServiceDll of wscsvc service is OK Checking LEGACY wscsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open LEGACY wscsvc registry key The key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wuauserv service is OK The ImagePath of wuauserv service is OK The ServiceDll of wuauserv service is OK BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of BITS service is OK The ImagePath of BITS service is OK The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK Checking LEGACY BITS ATTENTION gt Unable to open LEGACY BITS registry key The key does not exist EventSystem Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of EventSystem service is OK The ImagePath of EventSystem service is OK The ServiceDll of EventSystem service is OK Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender Other Services File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D D F E B AC A C C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system es dll gt MD is legit C Windows system cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C Windows system iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Vista Service Pack x NTFS Safe Mode N... Read more

A:Windows Vista 32 error code 0x80070643 "Cannot complete the MSE installation"

Please download TDSSKiller exe version to your desktop. Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on Change Parameters and click Detect TDLFS File System.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.A TDSSKiller text file would be saved in Local Disk C.Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Clean.Confirm each time with Ok.You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525256/windows-vista-32-error-code-0x80070643-cannot-complete-the-mse-installation/
Relevancy 66.22%

I had to remove AVG from the system as there was a virus problem that I dealt with but now when I try to install a new version of a AVG - I keep getting an installation errror code xC - MSI Engine failed to install the product Problem with Windows Installer Can I please get some help with this Can I fix Windows Installer if there is a problen with XP Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS - Problem Installation Error Windows Code 0xC0070643 Installer With RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files EssentialPIM EssentialPIM exe C WINDOWS Installation Error Code 0xC0070643 - Problem With Windows Installer system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Desktop Windows XP Utilities HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http entertainment msn com news justin aspx ipp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - B C- C F- BF -B - A - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Installation Error Code 0xC0070643 - Problem With Windows Installer Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKCU Run EssentialPIM quot C Program Files EssentialPIM EssentialPIM exe quot autorun O - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - no file O - SharedTaskScheduler Browseui preloader - C -A BA- D -B B- A C E - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - Service SAS Core Service SASCORE - SUPERAntiSpyware com - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE ... Read more

A:Installation Error Code 0xC0070643 - Problem With Windows Installer

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.5
Scan saved at 4:48:23 PM, on 8/23/2014
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)Click to expand...

Why is your computer running Windows XP SP2?

The SP3 upgrade was released in May 2008.

The operating system in that computer is over 6 years out of date.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-error-code-0xc0070643-problem-with-windows-installer.1132153/
Relevancy 66.22%

Guys i have this problem with my Toshiba laptop Several days ago my com crashed when i started my computer on the very beginning on start up screen when it says windows is installation problem!!! 7 Error Code 0x80070570 WINDOWS Ultimate starting i get a second blue screen with some saying and my laptop restarts by it self So ok i have Windows Ultimate installation dvd and i tried to install it everything goes well untill on the second line of the very beginning of windows installation i get this message Error Code x I've read some forums people were saying that this could be a RAM problem so ok my toshiba have RAMS x Gb so WINDOWS 7 Ultimate installation Error Code 0x80070570 problem!!! i taked out tried to install-same error putted in another slot-same error replaced and putted my WINDOWS 7 Ultimate installation Error Code 0x80070570 problem!!! other Ram Memory in the slots same again So is there any solution how to fix this i can see in bios that bios is reading my HDD not sure if its working does that mean that if BIOS is recognizing my Laptops HDD that works Could be something else causing that error code mentioned above Please someone respond and help me THANK WINDOWS 7 Ultimate installation Error Code 0x80070570 problem!!! U IN ADVANCE

A:WINDOWS 7 Ultimate installation Error Code 0x80070570 problem!!!

Follow these steps exactly to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Did Ultimate come with the laptop? Install only the licensed version using the Product Key on COA sticker.

Wipe the HD before install with Diskpart Clean Command

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/231023-windows-7-ultimate-installation-error-code-0x80070570-problem.html
Relevancy 65.36%
Relevancy 65.36%

Following the Windows Update Posting Instructions I have met a difficulty in that I see the maximum zip file upload is limited to 8MB. My CBS.zip file is 27.2MB and I would appreciate advice of any steps I should take before proceeding further.

I have installed the System Update Readiness Tool and the installation of KB976932 fails with the display of error code: 8024200D.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Installation SP1 Fails Error Code:8024200D

This image shows the contents and file sizes of my CBS folder
Attachment 268353

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/290219-windows-7-home-premium-installation-sp1-fails-error-code-8024200d.html
Relevancy 64.5%

So here's the lowdown My PC used to run Windows Ultimate but it wasn't Genuine To prevent any potential future problems with Windows from Windows Ultimate not being Genuine I reverted back to Windows Home Premium which I had my product key laying around for I did a clean install to make things feel fresh I backed up all my personal files and stuff to a second partition I made on my TB HDD After the clean install I downloaded every update available from Windows Update including the Microsoft updates I didn't install any programs or drivers yet except for my Ethernet driver as well as any found by Windows Update so I could download the Windows Updates and Activate Windows Home Premium so it's Genuine I figured having a more bare-bones Logo, C1900101-20017 Windows at Error Code Blue Installation Hangs OS would cause less compatibility issues with the Windows upgrade Then I Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017 reserved the Windows upgrade in the Get Windows app After that I tried nearly every trick in the book to upgrade to Windows because I didn't want to wait Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017 really The first thing I did was download the Media Creation Tool and used the quot upgrade this PC now quot option Everything went without a hitch but then after the first reboot the installation hung at a black screen with a light blue Windows logo I figured I just had to wait even though I saw no light for my hard disk activity so I dozed off When I woke up about hours later nothing happened I tried testing my luck with another upgrade option instead I used the Media Creation Tool to download the installation files to my GB USB stick which I formatted to FAT and made sure was empty Running it from within Windows everything went without a hitch again until the first boot where I was stuck at the same screen again In addition I tried to see if I could boot from the USB stick and I could but once again I was stuck at the blue windows logo I then tried the convoluted quot force Windows upgrade via Windows Update quot route I went into the registry and navigated to the OSUpgrade key and made a DWORD -bit value named AllowOSUpgrade set to the value of The upgrade appeared in Windows Update and once again everything went without a hitch until the first reboot where I was stuck at the same blue windows logo screen yet again All times I had to force my PC to turn off The times using the Media Creation Tool I was presented with a window that said quot Installation failed during SAFE OS phase with an error during BOOT operation quot upon logging back into Windows The time I tried the Windows Update method I opened up Windows Update in the control panel after logging in and was presented with quot Failed to install Windows quot and the error code in the title which matches the error code I got with the Media Creation Tool attempts I would try the method of burning the ISO downloaded via the Media Creation Tool to a bootable disc but the problem is I don't have a big enough disc to burn the installation files to This is the exact screen I am stuck with that does literally nothing every single time I don't know what the problem is because I know for a fact my PC meets the requirements of Windows The clock speed requirement is GHz while mine is GHz The RAM requirement is GB for -bit OS which I'm running while the RAM amount I have is GB The hard disk space requirement is GB for -bit OS while the amount I have is currently GB I am also very certain that my graphics card qualifies as Windows Experience Index rated it a As for resolution the requirement is x whereas I'm using x So PC specs should have nothing to do with it Additionally each time I used one of the methods for the Windows upgrade I deleted both the Windows BT and Windows WS folders along with every single thing in C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download as many sources claim should be done before performing the upgrade So those ... Read more

A:Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

Bump, still need help.

(this is not a useless thread bump. My issue hasn't seen a single reply in 5 days. To prevent it from getting buried, this was necessary)

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/12844-installation-hangs-blue-windows-logo-error-code-c1900101-20017-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I cannot run any Windows updates. When I check for updates it tells me that I cannot check for updates because program is not running. I ran a troubleshooting package and got a Windows update error 0x80070057. Can someone help?

A:Windows Update Error 0x80070057

take a read here and try the first solution.

and welcome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-0x80070057.1141185/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all,

i faced strange problem for me i tried to install windows 7 on my computer

and i deleted the partition then try to format it this error code messgae appeared

0x80070057

i donot know what to do i stuck i can't install windows in this partition and i have a lot of important files

in the others partitions so i can't format them

please help me to fix the error

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/395902-windows-inslallaiton-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Thought I would update my windows 10 pro to the anniversary update.
Manually started the update by clicking on learn more in updates.
Process started. Computer was checked by update software and the started download.
Download completed and the started running...
Up came an error box stopping the update due to a 0x80070057 error.

Any directions as to how can get around this?
Many thanks,
s.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/windows-update-0x80070057-error.307730/
Relevancy 63.64%

So I am having issues updating my Windows 7.
Whenever I try to manually update it gives me an error where it says
"Windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running."

I tried to troubleshoot Windows update and it came with a few errors unfixed.
"Problems installing recent updates"
"windows update error 0x80070057"

What is the best way going about fixing this, I could not find solutions online that work for me

A:Windows 7 update error 0x80070057

Have you run the Windows Update troubleshooter?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter
If it doesn't help, do the following steps.
Click Start and type regedit and press the Enter button.
Navigate to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
Delete all values with this 0x80070057. Then run the the following fix it tool.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us
Reboot the computer and verify that the problem has been resolved.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/53a1f2ab-037b-438e-a690-00a0e745730d/windows-7-update-error-0x80070057?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

In doing a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit), an error appears when it gets to "Expanding Windows Files". Error 0x80070057. Had a look to see if any others had the same problem and many did. I've tried what others have suggested including wiping the hard drive etc etc. Now the strange thing is I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) (same as the one above) already, on the same laptop, with the same hard drive and everything and it installed without a problem!!!

Can someone help me or atleast explain to me why it won't install now even after being installed before?

Thanks!

A:Can't install Windows 7 - Error 0x80070057

I'm in the process of trying the install with one of the two memory cards out... Not sure if that will make a difference?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/94542-cant-install-windows-7-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have tried a number of the suggested fixed in the forms without any success. Most of them were old posts. Is there a current option for fixing this problem. I can not get any updates and the last update was 7/12/16.  A little more info. basic problem
is looking for updates just loops and when I run the troubleshooter I get the error 0x80070057  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b29ab8a-3997-4738-ba26-acfb0d0d183f/windows-7-update-error-0x80070057?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.78%

I've had windows on my system for the last or years However 0x80070057 - Windows error REFUSES to install long it's been out and it's been completely fine I moved everything over to a Samsung Evo about a year ago and everything was great I moved everything over to a Saumsung Pro about months ago and my system has crashed literally about times at this point I have used Samsung's Secure Erase to reset the SSD every time before a new install Everything will work fine for X amount of days weeks etc until Windows does some kind of automatic update and crashes my computer it will not reboot it will not repair I will attach a pic of what it does during this problem running lines and lines of the following Windows REFUSES to install - error 0x80070057 code in the attached pic Now trying to reinstall windows AGAIN it completely REFUSES to do so - and I have SSD's I'm trying this on and getting the exact same x error code I've deleted the partitions created new ones and still getting this error code on BOTH SSDs I've tried this step times It will not install What is the problem and is there any way to fix this I don't understand why windows has been constantly crashing these last few months but it has completely pushed me away from wanting to use it at all

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/389379-windows-refuses-install-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 62.78%

An unknown error has occurred.
Server: 'smtp.talktalk.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
This message has started appearing since last Wednesday, I have Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. I did a virus scan last Tuesday night and on Wednesday my email stopped sending anything but I can still receive emails. I've tried typing the email address in
manually which worked to send 1 email but then its stopped working again!!

A:Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057 - PLEASE HELP ME!!!

has anything changed recently in the network setup? If you log into Windows Live via the web browser, can you send and receive email as normal? The other thing to check is whether your ISP has started applying SMTP filtering - some ISPs do that.
As a test, try to telnet over port 25 to smtp.talktalk.net.  When I tried it the connection simply timed out, suggesting that it's either limited to a TalkTalk internet account OR there are problems with the ISPs SMTP server...you might need to contact
them.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/678ad539-33e5-4b96-9a6d-fcfd1155b6fd/windows-live-mail-error-id-0x80070057-please-help-me?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm in the UK using 2 laptops (Asus & Acer) both windows 10 home edition, used the windows 10 upgrade assistance both downloaded 100% verified but failed to install reached 2% then error code: 0x80070057 appeared. please help!

A:windows 10 anniversary upgrade error 0x80070057

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I'm in the UK using 2 laptops (Asus & Acer) both windows 10 home edition, used the windows 10 upgrade assistance both downloaded 100% verified but failed to install reached 2% then error code: 0x80070057 appeared. please help! Windows 10 Anniversary Update common problems and how to fix them | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434255-windows-10-anniversary-upgrade-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm trying to install Windows 7 and keep getting the error message "0x80070057, Windows Setup could not configure boot manager." I'm using an OEM disk. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

A:Windows 7 clean install error 0x80070057

Welcome to SevenForums Quicksilvr
Do you have your pc hooked up to your internet connection. This sounds like a driver error. Also could be memory related. you could try to remove some ram and try again. Good luck to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/48184-windows-7-clean-install-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 62.78%

When I try to configure Windows 7 backup I got an error:

"An internal error has occured
The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)"

Tried this fix but does not help: "0x80070057" error message when you back up files in Windows 7

sfc /scannow also does not help - it detects some errors but it's unable to fix them...

A:Error 0x80070057 while trying to configure Windows 7 Backup

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/341642-error-0x80070057-while-trying-configure-windows-7-backup.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I bought a new SSD PNY gb and planned a full complete clean install of Windows Since I planned on installing Windows bits on it and start over from there I unplugged all other drives as well as useless USB peripherals I even removed gb outta my gb setup Went in BIOS and set the SSD as AHCI or something like that Rebooted on Windows DVD Pressed SHIFT F In the Command Prompt on 0x80070057 install to error SSD, Unable Windows new I did the following command Quote DISKPART LIST DISK SELECT DISK DETAIL DISK to Unable to install Windows on new SSD, error 0x80070057 make sure you got the hard disk CLEAN EXIT EXIT this one gets you back into the install program Then went on and clicked INSTALL Chose my disk then selected NEXT Then boom Windows Cannot be installed on this disk Error x The Disk is really the SSD not the DVD drive I tried doing in the Command Prompt Quote select disk create partition primary format fs ntfs It failed at complete with this message quot Diskpart has encountered an error The parameter is incorrect Unable to install Windows on new SSD, error 0x80070057 See the System Event Log for Unable to install Windows on new SSD, error 0x80070057 more information quot So I rebooted pressed SHIFT-F at the quot Install quot part and tried this command Quote diskpart list disk select disk clean all create partition primary select partition active list volume select volume format fs ntfs But it still gives me the same error And before going to bed I tried this command Quote diskpart list disk select disk clean all create partition primary select partition active exit exit Then tried to Format the drive in the installation Wizard but it still wont do it What do I do from there Thanks to Golden for his help last night Thanks in advance

A:Unable to install Windows on new SSD, error 0x80070057

All you need to do to install Windows 7 to an SSD is to boot with the Windows 7 DVD and install.

Why did you use diskpart and then format?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/335408-unable-install-windows-new-ssd-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I m having problems with Windows Update I have it set for automatic but it has not updated since January Error Solved: 0x80070057 Windows Update I keep getting the following Windows Update error x I have an HP Pavilion laptop running Windows bit with SP I tried the Fix It utility and got server problem errors and the above error This site and one other I looked at suggested to someone else that they go into Start type regedit in the Search bar Then open regedit and navigate to HKLM Software Policies Microsoft Windows WindowsUpdate and remove any and all values with x Tried that and I have no WindowsUpdate in Windows My navigation is to HKLM Software Policies Microsoft Windows Obviously I m missing a rather important file in my Solved: Windows Update Error 0x80070057 registry Any suggestions how to restore it I have no restore points in my system restore so can t do that Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon TM HD G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Solved: Windows Update Error 0x80070057 E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Windows Home Premium Dual boot Visa and Windows C drive and G drive respectively Backup to external hard drive GB of free space I have lost the capability of using Windows 's Backup and Retore program Backup Windows 0x80070057 7 [SOLVED] Error When I first installed Window it worked and I [SOLVED] Windows 7 Backup 0x80070057 Error was able to back up my files and create an image to an external hard drive All other Windows applets appear to run without problems When I run the Backup and Restore program I get a almost blank window - all that is in the window are the words quot Backup and Restore File quot I also have a system tray message stating quot Check your backup important quot but when I click on this message to access the backup program I get a message stating quot The parameter is [SOLVED] Windows 7 Backup 0x80070057 Error incorrect quot quot Try again quot quot Change backup options quot Clicking on quot Change backup options quot gives me a further error message stating quot The backup application could not start due to an internal error The parameter is incorrect quot First I tried running sfc scannow from the command prompt with administrator privileges but that did not fix the problem I then ran chkdks f and this did not fix the problem So I used the quot upgrade quot option on my Windows installation disk to repair my [SOLVED] Windows 7 Backup 0x80070057 Error Windows installation It took about hour to go through this process but it did not cure the problem Has anybody got any idea what I should do next

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 Backup 0x80070057 Error

Did Vista come with the system originally?
Did you upgrade to Windows 7?
Do you own full retail version Windows 7?

Validate both Vista and Windows 7 OS installations -

Genuine Microsoft Software

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-7-backup-0x80070057-error-546542.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, i tried to do a clean install acording to your suggestion , but this error kept coming up windows error 0x80070057... I'm using asus P6T mobo (no on board gfx option) nvidia gtx285 gfx, 2mb ram, and that's all... The hdd is newly formated... Please help...

A:Windows 7 clean install error 0x80070057

Error 0x80070057 when you format a hard disk drive to install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245167-windows-7-clean-install-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Folks Tried umpteen things in the last hrs to resolve a problem I'm experiencing with Windows Update - so I'm hoping that the good folks at SevenForums might be able to help I have 0x80070057 - is a there Windows soultion? Update error managed to manually install the NET Framework via this link to KB https www microsoft com en-us down aspx id I have run the Windows Update Troubleshooter several times link http go microsoft com linkid and I always get the same error - see image below I have also run the System Update Readiness Tool KB from here https www microsoft com en-us down aspx id several times and also the EasyFix msi When I run Windows Update - all I get is the following and after an hour of quot no progress quot I give up I ran a full AV scan yesterday after updating the definitions files Kaspersky Total Security e and a Malwarebytes scan - again after updating - both found no threat I have also run sfc System File Checker three times from an elevated command prompt after re-boot each time Windows Update 0x80070057 error - is there a soultion? and have no reported quot integrity violations quot Getting short of Windows Update 0x80070057 error - is there a soultion? things to try Machine details CPU Core Duo T GHz with GB RAM HDD WD Black GB with GB free Windows OS Windows -bit Home Premium SP Any Windows Update 0x80070057 error - is there a soultion? help gratefully accepted - thanks in anticipation Zaph BTW I DO NOT want any update to do with Windows carp e g KB KB KB KB KB KB

A:Windows Update 0x80070057 error - is there a soultion?

Hi,
Have you hidden the updates you posted ?
If so unhide them
Windows will search for updates doing so might help a little
If you've hidden any Important updates like kb3112343 windows might throw a fit

Use winkey+R
Type in the Run box,
eventvwr
Windows logs on the left column and expanded them and right click and click on clear on the 4 entries below,
Applications
Security
Setup
System
Exit and restart the machine again

Download the newest update client if you haven't already
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3138612

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/393080-windows-update-0x80070057-error-there-soultion.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

I normally scan my document directly to the WLM to send it. It was working fine previously but today it gave me the following error:

An unknown error has occurred.
Server: 'mail.optusnet.com.au'
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

I've tried going offline, delete the file in the outbox then relaunch WLM and go online again but it didnt work. Whenever the scanner finished scanning, attaches the image of the scanned document on the email and it activates the log on screen for Windows Live Messeger as well.

Wonder if anyone has any solution to it. Thanks.

Dave

A:windows live mail error 0x80070057

Quote: Originally Posted by Loganberry

...I normally scan my document directly to the WLM to send it. It was working fine previously but today it gave me the following error...

This is hard to answer since the problem description leaves no answer other than something changed with your PC between "previously" and "today". You need to expiriment with other ways to send the image using WLM to see what works and what doesn't work. For example, signed-in or not, as attachment, insert inline, send a page by email using your browser. You can also repair Windows Live Essentials, or reset your default programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/191707-windows-live-mail-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Seen a couple of posts on here regarding this Error I've tried SO MUCH to try and resolve it over the past few days Basically I bought a new drive a few days ago for [Error windows to Trying clean install 0X80070057] a new PC build - bought two actually SSD HDD Installed windows onto the SSD as my main Trying to clean install windows [Error 0X80070057] boot drive obviously but when I try to install it onto the secondary HDD drive it doesnt allow me to format the drive to do it or Trying to clean install windows [Error 0X80070057] doesnt allow to install the OS on the system It was working for a day or two then stopped So I tried to clean and reinstall It does register the drive on the system I've also tried replacing both the SATA cable amp the SATA Power Cable with no luck I've also tried most of the steps listed from the other threads Such as deleting the partition and remaking it using the Disk Management Tool tried accessing diskpart through CMD It registers there but doesnt allow me to clean it and reformat it to ntfs to install it Just continues to stay as RAW format and I'm completely unsure about how to change this I've also tried it in another SATA port tried checking the RAM etc all that works fine with no problems as I can boot from the SSD fine Plus I've tried formatting the drive manually through CMD which completed but said it did it with some errors but didnt make any change to the situation not really sure what to do now in regard to fixing the issue and starting to have some doubts the drive might be on the road to failing on me which seems kinda odd considering it's brand new and it did work for a few days Any help would be much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/391991-trying-clean-install-windows-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am getting the following message when attempting to retreive my email or when closing Windows Live.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (my account name here) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to Sign In on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services.

Subject "

I am not running Outlook. Windows Live Mail is my default e-mail program. The server listed on the Hotmail account is http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaS....0.0/sync.aspx.

Can you help me with a fix for this problem?

Thanks,
C.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/222492-windows-live-mail-error-id-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I am running windows professional final release just downloaded from msdn-aa of my university First thing I checked was the backup feature since I was really unsatisfied with vista's one I did a backup choosing 7) Internal error windows 0x80070057 (Backup those few folders I needed to backup and run it The process halted before completion and gave me this error quot An internal error has occurred The parameter is incorrect x quot Internal error 0x80070057 (Backup windows 7) Now every time I try to use the backup feature by clicking on start Internal error 0x80070057 (Backup windows 7) - gt all programs - gt maintenance - gt Backup and restore I immediately see this error window and I can't do anything I can neither backup neither restore I have hds on my machine Fist one is a Gb one divided in partitions C and D Gb and Gb and the second one is a Gb hd with letter E in a single partition I also have a virtual drive by magic disk Can someone help me please Thank you very much sfabriz

A:Internal error 0x80070057 (Backup windows 7)

This issue might be due to a bad sector located at the very end of volume that you are trying to backup.

However, as a workaround you can try the following methods:

A, If you save the backup files in the first 750GB hard drive, you can save the backup files in second 300GB hard drive with letter E to test this issue. However, if you save the backup files in second 300GB hard drive with letter E firstly, you can try to save the backup files in first 750GB hard drive with letter C or D.
B,  Run check disk to check the hard drive

Note: Please ensure that the DVD-ROM is the first booting device.

1. Please insert the Windows 7 DVD and reboot the computer.

2. When we are prompted to press a key to boot from the DVD, please press Enter or the space bar.

3. Click "Next" and click "Repair your computer".

4. Please highlight "Windows 7" and click "Next".

Note: A computer may store more than one copy of Windows 7. Please highlight the one which encounters issues. The order of the items in the dialog-box is identical with the one on the boot menu.

5. In the dialog box titled "System Recovery Options", click "Command Prompt" and type in the following commands. Please press the Enter key after entering each command.

C:
CHKDSK /R

Note: Please replace "C:" with the actual drive letter of the system drive on which Windows 7 is stored.

6. Please let me know if any error is detected.

C: Use other backup tool to test if you can backup files on the computer properly.

Regarding the other backup fail issue, you can check this website Common causes and solutions to Backup, System Restore, and Complete PC Backup problems

Betty

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64f2b570-3b92-409c-a2d5-134dd2dd6287/internal-error-0x80070057-backup-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.35%

Well I've just spent the last week trying to work this out.
In the general support we decide the problem to my computer not booting is a faulty hard drive. So I cleaned the faulty hard drive and tried install windows on it so see if it wasn't the problem. It didn't install windows so I decided to use a different hard drive. This hard drive has worked before but when I try install windows on it it comes up with error 0x80070057. The same error I get on the 'faulty' hard drive. I'm not doubting any of the people that have helped me (Thanks axe0 for all your help, I can't thank you enough). It's just that it has boggled me and I hope that this section will have more experience with the problem.

This is the post from general support if you want to see what has happened.
Windows 8.1 not booting

Relevancy 62.35%

I have been having issues getting all Windows Updates to install and I've tried a number of things to correct. Nothing seems to solve the problem. I ran the Update Readiness Tool with no problems. I am now trying to do a manual install of SP 1 - KB947821 and it's failing too with error 0x80070057. Attachment 338737

Here is the ZIPped Log data: Attachment 338738

Any suggestions?

A:Windows Update Install Issues - error 0x80070057

You have some nasty bitflips present...

Code:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI C Mark Deployment Missing 0x00000000 c!7de547fe69D..d3f48fa6a89_3bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17720_91307b865b3b5ca5 wow64_microsoft-windows-i..rnational-timezones_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17720_none_7db338ef549e0e02
(f) CSI C Mark Deployment Missing 0x00000000 c!47355f0d0a..9651a12215e_3bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.21855_7f728c8853775be1 amd64_47355f0d0a8f7722c18709651a12215e_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.21855_none_7f728c8853775be1
(f) CSI C Mark Deployment Not Marked 0x00000000 c!c982b74b248..9ef2295ae55_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17720_0409b118eb5f6054 amd64_c982b74b248b70e784e629ef2295ae55_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17720_none_0409b118eb5f6054
(f) CSI C Mark Deployment Missing 0x00000000 c!4755f0d0a8..9651a12215e_30bf3856aD364e35_6.1.760121855_7f728c8853775be1 x86_microsoft-windows-i..timezones.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.21855_bg-bg_977c5b3024c38955
(f) CSI C Mark Deployment Not Marked 0x00000000 c!c982b74b248..9ef2295ae55_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17720_0409b118eb5f6054 x86_microsoft-windows-i..timezones.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17720_bg-bg_970e2cb70b921705

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/350570-windows-update-install-issues-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I wanted to install Win 7 and I received the error message ?Error 0x80070057?

I tried next steps:
1. Insert your Win 7 DVD or Win 7 USB
2. Power down your computer.
3. Power up your computer.
4. Boot up your computer from the Win 7 DVD/USB stick.
5. When a screen is displayed asking for the Language to Install,
press the key combo of SHIFT + F10.
6. X:\Sources>DISKPART
7. DISKPART>LISTDISK
8. DISKPART>SELECTDISK 0
9. DISKPART>DETAILDISK (to make sure you got the hard disk)
10. DISKPART>CLEAN
11. DISKPART>EXIT
12. DISKPART>EXIT(this one gets you back into the install program.

When I wrote command CLEAN the answer was ?DiskPart has encounteredan error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.See the System Event Log for mor Information.? and when I wanted to installWindows 7 it did not work.

Please help and thank you very much

A:Error 0x80070057 when I want format a HDD drive to install Windows

Never seen the command Detail disk, once you`ve Selected Disk 0, that`s it, you are on Disk 0

Once you select Disk 0 you even get a prompt saying "Disk 0 is now the selected Disk" then you do your thing.

That should be the only disk connected to the system during an install anyway, so that`s all that will show up.

You could just make and use a Partition Wizard Boot CD, it`s so much easier to setup a Disk for a windows install.

Bootable Partition Manger | MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable Edition

Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387889-error-0x80070057-when-i-want-format-hdd-drive-install-windows.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I'm having this Restore from running System RE 0x80070057 Windows Error when problem every time System Restore Error 0x80070057 when running from Windows RE I try and run system restore from the Windows Recovery Environment F This started after I extended my System Reserved partition from to mb using Easeus Partition Master I did this because I kept getting an error when trying to run System Image Backup The full error message I get is this System Restore did not complete successfully Your computer's files and settings were not changed Details System Restore failed while scanning the file system on the drive D The drive might be corrupt You might want to retry System Restore after running chkdsk R on this disk I have tried doing a startup repair and it found no errors I have also tried chkdsk R on all partitions and tried the SFC which found no errors I was also getting this error when i tried to run system restore from within windows but I found a hotfix from microsoft which solved that issue So it's just the problem running it from Windows RE now Can anyone please help with this As I am unsure how to fix it

A:System Restore Error 0x80070057 when running from Windows RE

Try running from Strartup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/184756-system-restore-error-0x80070057-when-running-windows-re.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Windows Update Install throw - error 0x80070057 ?
======================================

Thanks for looking into my thread and helping me in my previous issues. My laptop is running with win 7 home premium, SP 1.

I got the message "failure configuring windows update - Reverting changes" on screen. It was with this message for awhile. I checked the update history and invoked update trouble shooting tool.

I got service registration is missing or corrupt 1st time and I ran it again. I am getting

I do see Windows 7 update error 0x80070057 (2016-03-14 ......

I am attaching the screenshot.

Let me know, whether I need to run SURT/SFC Scan etc.

Thanks for helping.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/393132-windows-update-install-throw-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 62.35%

No matter what I do,i can't seem to get the Netflix app to install from the windows store.

I am using a new pendo pad and I have tried factory resetting,running the Microsoft windows store troubleshooter can anyone help me?

A:Error 0x80070057 installing netflix app windows 8.1 tablet

Have you Tried Clearing the Cache of windows store?

Do this : Search for "Wsreset" , Right click the result and run as administrator.

Also try and change your Network. I mean if you are using LAN connection then get connected to your friend's wifi and see if this solves the issue..

More Info on how to solve the issue can be found here > Error Code 0x80070057 - Causes and Methods to fix it | Fix Errors

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69762-error-0x80070057-installing-netflix-app-windows-8-1-tablet.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I've been noticing on my computer when windows tries to update it never actually does download anything. I ran the Windows Update Diagnostic tool and got an error. I'm Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I did recently clean a few infected files from my computer so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it.I got this error: Windows Update Error: 0x80070057

I tried to look up fixes and tried to do this :

Click Start and type regedit and press the Enter button.Navigate to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdateDelete all values with this 0x80070057. Then run the the following fix it tool.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-usReboot the computer and verify that the problem has been resolved.

That folder doesn't exist on my computer .Any help is appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623341/windows-update-wont-download-updates-error-0x80070057/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hope you guys are having a good day Having a few issues with my computer at the moment I previously had a different issue with Windows Update Error efe but 0x80070057 Update Windows forever, searches Error earlier today i managed to somehow fix it and was able to download Windows Update searches forever, Error 0x80070057 Service Pack which was what the error was on All other updates before it all installed successfully Unfortunately shortly after doing so and restarting Windows Update Windows Update searches forever, Error 0x80070057 now continues to search for a very long time it has been hours to no avail or progress whatsoever I have tried a SFC Scan which showed no issues System restoring to before the Service Pack update was normal but eventually i had to download it again and the issue persisted I have used the Windows Update Troubleshooter and it has detected error x along with Service Registration is missing or Corrupt Before the system restore it did not have the missing corrupted Service Registration I have scanned for rootkits there is none to be found Another note is that ive had this computer for a long time now although I have performed a low level format just yesterday so this computer isnt cluttered anymore Would a CBS log be handy at this point Thanks if you can help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379862-windows-update-searches-forever-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all, 

I have tried a number of times now to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It always fails and puts out an error WindowsUpdate_C0000005. 

I did a search on this error which recommended using the Windows Updater Repair which I have done. However at the end of this it states it is unable to fix Windows Updater Error 0x80070057. 
Another search done led me to https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/53a1f2ab-037b-438e-a690-00a0e745730d/windows-7-update-error-0x80070057?forum=w7itprogeneral which suggests using RegEdit to fix the problem however the keys that
are referenced in this don't exist for me. 
Any thoughts here?

A:Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 - Windows updater error 0x80070057

Hey, this may help you. Change the following for 0x80070057 error on your system:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WindowsUpdate\UX]
?IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled?=dword: 00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings]
"UxOption"=dword:00000000

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b81bee9-fb5c-46d9-8a48-690747c2c541/unable-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-windows-updater-error-0x80070057?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 61.49%

What do I do now? I decided to replace my existing hard drive as I thought it was damaged due to viruses. I installed a new hard and then used my Windows 7 Ultimate DVD to install. I got as far as the above. If this question has been answered somewhere else on this site, please direct me. I did look but did not find a situation similar to mine.
I have a Core i7-950 3.07 Ghz.

A:Error 0x80070057 during clean install of Windows 7 on new hard drive

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look at this tutorial, which explains how to optimize a hard drive before you install Windows to it.

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

You may also have to consider that the drive you are using may be faulty or that you are missing drive controller drivers.

As a matter of interest, why didn't you run a virus scan before trashing your old hard drive? A virus will mess up your Windows OS, but it shouldn't damage the hard drive, so replacing the drive seems a bit extreme.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203159-error-0x80070057-during-clean-install-windows-7-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

My son's Toshilba Satellite L50-B-1DV hasn't successfully run a Windows Update since last October - I only discovered this yesterday.

When I had a closer look the updates, and just about every kind of troubleshooting I try, is failing with the error message "0x80070057". I've rooted around online but can't see any obvious fixes.

We'd prefer to fix this ourselves but as the machine is only six months our next step is to take it back to John Lewis for repair - which would be a pity as he uses his laptop every day.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Mark

A:Satellite L50-B-1DV Win8.1 - Windows Update Error Message 0x80070057

Hi

You have mentioned the error 0x80070057 while update installation.
This error occurs due to multiple reasons and therefore it?s not easy to say why this happens exactly. But the most common cause could be the missconfigured registry or damaged system reserved partition.

My recommendation for workaround:
Try to repair the system and the registry using CCLeaner. You could use this freeware software for registry cleaning as well as to remove the ?system garabage?.

If this does not help, try to repair the OS using the system?s own options.
The "Automatic Repair" option attempts automatically to diagnose and fix problems that may cause Windows 8 not to start or having a different wrong behavior.
Automatic Repair will start automatically when Windows is unable to start properly. If it detects any problems, it will automatically attempt to fix it but it can also be started manually.

Access to Automatic Repair can be found on the Windows 8 start screen. Now "Advanced" in the search box. When the search results appears click on the "Settings" category.

Now click on the option "Advanced startup options" and you will see the "General PC Settings screen". Look for the option "Advanced startup". Click on the restart now button and Windows 8 will restart your computer to access directly the Advanced startup menu.

Click on the "Troubleshoot" button and then the "Advanced options" button. Click on the "Automatic Repair" option. Your computer will now reboot and Windows is preparing the Automatic Repair. When it is done, you have to log in to an Administrator account.

Click on the "Continue" button to continue with the Automatic Repair. Automatic Repair will now start and attempt to diagnose the problem with your computer.

During the Automatic Repair process your computer may reboot. This is normal behavior. Once the Automatic Repair process has completed it will report if it was able to repair anything. If not you will be shown a prompt asking if you wish to shutdown or use some other tools.

If your computer is still unable to start, you should click on the "Advanced options" button, then select "Troubleshoot" and finally "Advanced options". For a failed automatic repair please try the integrated Windows "System restore" by using the recovery media or the "Reset" option.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81545-Satellite-L50-B-1DV-Win8-1-Windows-Update-Error-Message-0x80070057
Relevancy 61.06%

I have been receiving messages that Windows updater is not working. I tried the Windows fix-it. It was able to repair some things but not all. I received error message 0x80070057. Please advise on how to clear error and update system.

A:Windows update issues and windows error 0x80070057

First of all - welcome to BC !

It is always a help if, when you have a problem like this, you give the make and model of the computer involved or, if you built it yourself, the main component specs, and which flavour of operating system you are using.

If this problem is of fairly recent origin, the simplest cure is to try a Restore, to take you back to a point in time before the problem started. If you have never done this before :-

Click on 'Start - Control panel - Recovery'. This will open the System restore dialogue. You will see a large button 'Open system restore', click on this. After a few seconds you will see a box with a 'Next' button, click this, and you will come to the screen where you choose which restore point you wish to use. Very often you will only be offered one choice, the latest restore point. If this predates the start of your problem, select it and click 'Next' and continue with the restore process.

If this restore point does NOT precede the time the problem started, there is a button on the left hand side to show more restore points. Click on this and choose an appropriate one, then click 'Next' and carry on as before. Once the restore starts it will take a few minutes, and when it has finished it may ask you to re-boot. Re-boot anyway.

While this process does not affect your data, only the operating system, it is always a good idea to back up your data before doing any operation like this. Once it is completed, you will need to re-install any updates from the date you restored to to present. It is a good idea to install these one at a time, then if it turns out that one of them created the problem, you know which it is and can uninstall it.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526396/windows-update-issues-and-windows-error-0x80070057/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm running a Windows XP Pro system, 2gb good RAM, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, nVidia GeForce 9800 GT. I attempted to install a copy of Oblivion (which I have had and used many times in the past). The disk is in very good condition, and can be used on another machine. I have tried it on multiple drives for this one PC, but now, it will not complete the loading of the InstallShield Wizard. It gives me this error:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070001
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1194)
PAPP:Oblivion
PVENDOR:Bethesda Softworks (http://www.bethsoft.com)
PGUID:35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0
$11.0.0.28844

I have searched for a solution online, but have not found one that works yet. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/elder-scrolls-iv-installation-error-error-code-5006-0x80070017.785732/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello i have a custom built pc with an MSI motherboard and a western digital gb hard drive My pc's bios is in cmos setup The layout of the bios ui is alot different from other uefi but standered to usual custom builds I also bought a legit microsoft copy of windows home premium bit for oem builders The error i am having is during the installation process I found that there was no security in my bios for secure boot so thats not the case I booted my pc via cd drive It started up with no errors I Deleted all the partitions from to Error 7 downgrading windows 8.1 windows while [0x80070057] windows during win installation and started from a fresh unallocated partition Error while downgrading windows 8.1 to windows 7 [0x80070057] I made a new system partiton with the mb and here comes the error Whether I click next or format the primary partition drive It gives me that error saying that it cant format the selected partition x I even deleted and recreated the partions but nothing I have gotten it to Error while downgrading windows 8.1 to windows 7 [0x80070057] install almost all the way through a couple of days ago The computer reset and then booted up and said that the registry was not found or created Thats as far as i have been in the installation process Any knowledge or help is appreciated thanks

A:Error while downgrading windows 8.1 to windows 7 [0x80070057]

Work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums.

If all fails report back exact failure error, step number and behavior. Let us also see the exact settings choices for UEFI, Legacy BIOS, CSM and Legacy Boot on all of your BIOS Setup Tabs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/337970-error-while-downgrading-windows-8-1-windows-7-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have researched solutions to this, and everyone says the same thing: to remove the previous version of AVG. We don't HAVE any previous versions of AVG on our laptop. We had Avast, and we removed it. So now what??

A:AVG installation error code 0xC0070643

EDIT:I'm assuming you are trying to install AVG instead of Avast. If you are NOT trying to install AVG and this error is popping up out of the blue then see the following post (#2 from Johnw) instead. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The usual cause for AV uninstall issues is not first shutting down real-time monitoring.I wonder if it is Avast remnants that are actually causing the problem - mis-reported. Try the Avast removal tool here (it removes all traces):http://www.avast.com/en-gb/uninstal...I'm curious as to why you are making this change. Mostly Avast is given better vibes than AVG.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/avg-installation-error-code-0xc0070643/39735.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Dear Expert,
I have hardly issue that related error code 1402 when i installed some programs as:
Autocad nor Microsoft office...
I know that, this error related registry permission, when i follows some instruction on internet, i never get real
result.
Before, when i installed Microstation, this error code come up, but after that, i use the command:
secedit /configure /cfg %windir% xxxxxxxxxxx

At first time it fix, but more and more, this command not help.

Can you tell me what is the real resolve with this error?
Regards,

A:Error Code of installation 1402

Work though the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322542-error-code-installation-1402-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Win SP fails installation with Error Code B I have tried a the solutions as suggested by microsoft without luck I also re-installed Win Ultimate using the Upgrade Win Installation 800736B3 SP1 7 Error Code option but the situation is unchanged According to the log of CheckSUR there is CSI missing identity and CSI Payload files missing CSI Below is the CheckSUR file contents Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x jsproxy dll x microsoft-windows-i tocolimplementation bf ad e none a bc d dc f CSI Missing Identity x appid prnxx inf bf ad e ad fefc dc f CSI Payload File Missing x iiswmi mfl x microsoft-windows-i atibility resources bf ad e ar-sa a c b f fc Summary Seconds Win 7 SP1 Installation Error Code 800736B3 executed Found errors CSI Missing Identity Total count CSI Payload File Missing Total count CheckSUR persist contents Checking System Win 7 SP1 Installation Error Code 800736B3 Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Win 7 SP1 Installation Error Code 800736B3 Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x jsproxy dll x microsoft-windows-i tocolimplementation bf ad e none a bc d dc f CSI Missing Identity x appid prnxx inf bf ad e ad fefc dc f CSI Payload File Missing x iiswmi mfl x microsoft-windows-i atibility resources bf ad e ar-sa a c b f fc Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Missing Identity Total count CSI Payload File Missing Total count Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x jsproxy dll x microsoft-windows-i tocolimplementation bf ad e none a bc d dc f CSI Missing Identity x appid prnxx inf bf ad e ad fefc dc f CSI Payload File Missing x iiswmi mfl x microsoft-windows-i atibility resources bf ad e ar-sa a c b f fc Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Missing Identity Total count CSI Payload File Missing Total count How can I resolve this and install SP Thanks erwin

A:Win 7 SP1 Installation Error Code 800736B3

We need the CBS.log as well please...

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312694-win-7-sp1-installation-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 58.48%

so i'm trying to install windows vista home premiem on my laptop and when it
starts to expad the files the error code shows up 0x80070017. i'm using the cd
that came with my laptop and i know nothing is wrong with it because i
previosly used it to re install vista on the same laptop before. i'm doing
the same exact thing as i did before so i doubt i'm doing anything wrong. can
someone help me please. my laptop is an acer 3690, and my hard dives are
both completly clean i reformated both and now i cant even go back inside windows
so how can i fix this problem

A:Installation error code 0x80070017

Are you using an M$ installation dvd, or o recovery disc that came with the laptop?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224286-installation-error-code-0x80070017.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Good Day I am working with this pc which had problems on start up It takes - mins to boot up which is really gives us headaches I removed unnecessary start up programs on msconfig defrag disk cleanup virus scan deleted the scanned worms and fortunately the booting problem was fixed However error How fix to installation, driver 28 code now i'm having problems on plugging my external hard drive i'm going to create a new back up it seems like it doesnt recognize my device whenever i check device manager it shows that my device is an unknown device and doesn't install the driver I tried to auto search or manual search for the driver but gives me the error code I tried to search for fixes same issues but all of them doesn't work for me And one more thing we also have a Brother printer scanner The problem with that is now it can only print and the scan option doesnt show Already tried to reinstall the drivers now also gives me error upon installation I also ended up trying to use Driver Pack solution to How to fix driver installation, error code 28 update my drivers now all of them gives me error on updating How to fix driver installation, error code 28 It only says to try How to fix driver installation, error code 28 to search web for drivers Now I believe it has something to do with drivers installation Can somebody help me with this problem I'm really getting frustrated now been working with this for days And please don't tell me to reinstall my OS bec that is the last thing that we're trying to avoid

A:How to fix driver installation, error code 28

Just keep in mind that in the case where a PC has been positively infected by malware that the system can be messed up so badly, often due to the cleanup, that a clean install is the only viable option.
Of course we all want to avoid the clean install due to the sheer size of the project (installing and configuring Windows is the easy part) so it makes sense to try some possible fixes, but at some point you have to realize the time spent trying to patch up a system could exceed the time needed for the clean install.
Set a time budget. When you exceed the budget it is time to bite the bullet.

You might start by trying a Repair Installation:
Repair Install

Or you could start by uninstalling any programs related to the problem devices, then uninstalling the problem devices, and then scanning the Windows registry and deleting any and all keys that contain the device name. Then finding and deleting any folders related to the device. You could do the devices all at once, or one at a time.
Reboot, then run CCleaner's registry cleaner to find any stragglers you missed.
Then reboot and start installing the devices again (clean).
This is an advanced method, only for folks who are experienced working with the registry. You can really mess things up if you don't know what you are doing.
If these do not work you may be stuck with the solution that cannot be named.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/328462-how-fix-driver-installation-error-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I just formatted my pc and installed with Win7. Then I tried to install a game i previously played on WinXP (name of the game is Sudden attack). However, it shows me "Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package".

anyone knows how to solve this?

A:Installation error code 1335

Hello!

Well, the error message is telling you what could be the problem.
I don't believe that you are installing this game from network,
so I am assuming that you are installing from CD-ROM.
Now, CD-ROM might bad and cannot read CD properly and that is why this could be problem with the package.
Maybe CD is bad and CD-ROM cannot read the content on the CD properly.

Try to install the game on some other PC.
If you successfully install this game, than problem is most likely with the CD-ROM.
If you cannot install on the other PC, the problem is most likely with the CD being bad.

Keep us posted...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installation-error-code-1335-a-455456.html
Relevancy 58.48%

also known as NET Framework update installation error quot x quot or quot x quot I've googled and tried 643 installation Code :Error 4.0 Framework everything I've came across and still 4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643 no luck with installing 4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643 Framework this only started happening once I used a tool to change my Windows 4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643 install from professional to home i installed the wrong version and my key didn't work so i used a tool to downgrade my account so i could activate windows the tool i used was called quot Windows Downgrader quot and when the problem started happening no longer able to run daemon tools I'm unable to run System Info - See Your System Specs as that also requires the framework i can't install I've disabled and even uninstalled my Norton antivirus I've run the Microsoft Fixit I've run the NetFxRepair Tool I've run the dotnetfx cleanup tool and re-installed versions SP and won't install and throws an error saying to install help Code OS Version Platform Service Pack OS Description Windows - x Home Premium Edition Service Pack CommandLine E a e c e f be Setup exe x x TimeZone GMT Daylight Time Initial LCID Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection Policy AlwaysUploaded Number of applicable items Exe E a e c e f be SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe E a e c e f be Windows -KB -v -x msu failed with x - null Exe E a e c e f be SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt MSI E a e c e f be netfx Core x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Setup -MSI netfx Core x msi txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Fatal error during installation quot Elapsed time

A:4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643

Famework.NET repair tool fixed the issue, had to click next instead of finish.. and it repaired my 4.6 version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395561-4-0-framework-installation-error-code-643-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

No matter how i try it I mean an upgrade or a clean install this is the error that i get : windows installation encountered an unexpected error verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart the installation error code:0xE00000100

not sure what this means.... has anyone else had this show up for them... if so whats the fix?

A:installation error code:0xE00000100

Ive suddenly got the same error and its driving me bonkers only ever since i tried installing Build 7264 but it seem's that it also happens on all of my installation discs no matter what build, Any help would be muchly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/15042-installation-error-code-0xe00000100.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I've just installed Windows 8 (from usb) on my brand new HP laptop and everything worked fine. But I didn't partition hard drive as I wanted, so I decided to install it again.

During the 2nd installation, the keyboard wasn't working (don't know why). So, when I was supposed to make partitions again, I deleted every partition and tried to make new ones, but I couldn't 'cause of the keyboard. So I just exited from the installation and turned off the computer.

Then I tried to boot the system from usb again, but all I could see was a blue screen with a message that my computer is damaged and needs to be repaired. There was also an error code 0xc0000034. And now everytime I turn it on, there's only the blue screen with no other options.

Any suggestions what to do?
Thank you in advance.

A:Problem during installation - error code 0xc0000034

Welcome to EightForums.

Did you boot the USB Pen drive in UEFI mode?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/24517-problem-during-installation-error-code-0xc0000034.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am using Win XP on a pentium PC and today I started getting Netsearch popups but I can t use Malwarebytes because when I try to run the program I get the error message quot CreateProcess failed code the system cannot find the file specfied quot I tried renaming the malwarebytes setup file but that didn t fix the problem Here s my HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform | Snag 2 Installation error Code Malwarebytes Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Malwarebytes Installation Snag | Code 2 error Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files Lanovation PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS GWMDMMSG exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C mov del mbam -setup exe C DOCUME MICHAE LOCALS Temp is-MJ R tmp mbam -setup tmp C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam -setup exe C DOCUME MICHAE LOCALS Temp is-SF R tmp mbam -setup tmp C Program Files WordPerfect Office Programs wpwin exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gatewaybiz com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler quot C Program Files WordPerfect Office Programs QFSCHD EXE quot O - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINDOWS GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run mukozorapa Rundll exe quot tesopuge dll quot s O - HKLM Run juletazam Rundll exe quot c windows system kiwasuge dll quot a O - HKLM RunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe install silent O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce SetDefaultMidi MIDIDEF EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce SetDefaultMidi MIDIDEF EXE User Default user O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Trusted Zone http download windowsupdate com O - AppInit DLLs tesopuge dll c windows system jehiniki dll c windows system kiwasuge dll c windows system mebivope dll O - SSODL vurikiniw - a - b - -a f - dcccb - c windows system mebivope dll O - SSODL bihosibir - aa -ffd - d - ce - affdbcd c - c windows system kiwasuge dll O - SharedTaskScheduler kupuhivus - a - b - -a f - dcccb - c windows system mebivope dll O - SharedTaskScheduler gahurihor - aa -ffd - d - ce - affdbcd c - c windows system kiwasuge dll O - Service ASP NET State Serv... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malwarebytes-installation-snag-code-2-error.896676/
Relevancy 58.05%
A:Error code: 0x80070570 during installation 7100 x86

As I have just posted on another thread put the iso back in utorrent and force a recheck. The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago and it turned out the iso was not complete. If it is complete try burning at slower speed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/7885-error-code-0x80070570-during-installation-7100-x86.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I used to run windows 8.1 x64 but I had to reformat because I thought that would've fixed my problems installing windows 10. When I tried to install windows 8.1 x64 again it failed and got the 0x80070570 error. I also tried windows 7 64bit and windows 10 64 bit but I got the same errors. 32-bit OS installs fine though. Of course all my attemptse were clean installs.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/71710-64-bit-installation-fails-error-code-0x80070570.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Concerning Title Windows XP Service Pack KB Originated Update History Installation Failure Error Code x Starting with Download does not start after you accept the EULA on the Windows Update Web siteI followed instruction to register the files To resolve this problem you must reregister the following files Msscript ocx Dispex dll Vbscript dll Scrrun dll by entering gt start gt Error Failure Installation Sp Code: 0x80200010 3 run gt regsvr msscript ocx This resulted in a completion or success message I m not sure wether this was a register or re-register however please can anyone tell me what I am suppose to do next as per http support microsoft com kb en-us Click Start click Control Panel click Appearance and Themes click Folder Options and then click the File Types tab In the Sp 3 Installation Failure Error Code: 0x80200010 Registered File Types list click the JS extension click Advanced and then click Edit In the Application to perform action box type the following command depending on your operating system For Microsoft Windows XP type C WINDOWS System WScript exe quot quot In I did not find the JS extension I did find JSScript Script File Is this the same one If so does this action apply to all four files above

A:Sp 3 Installation Failure Error Code: 0x80200010

I found this; Rename (or just delete) the SoftwareDistribution folder and see if it helps. You can use the procedure described here: http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co...id=21&ln=en Note that a side effect of renaming or deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder is that you lose your Windows Update History listing (not critical). (later on, you can just delete the renamed SoftwareDistribution folder) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/forumarchives/w...ost24597399.aspBut can not make it out, and can not see the relationship with the, Microsoft Online Assisted Support ?Anyone who can co-relate this in explanation I will be glad to hear from !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165199/sp-3-installation-failure-error-code-0x80200010/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have tried so many things to install net framework in my windows laptop I have tried urgent code 2 3.5 . framework Need help.... Error installation. .net youtube i have tried win forum No luck I have uninstalled net framework and from my computer and tried installing from program and feature Then i tried to install from cmd So my win dvd is in e drive So i executed the following code DISM Online Enable-Feature FeatureName NetFx All LimitAccess Source E sources sxs I get the following error code Error The system cannot find the file specified So i went to my dvd drive and .net framework 3.5 installation. Error code 2 . Need urgent help.... copied the sxs folder to my D drive and run the following code DISM Online Enable-Feature FeatureName NetFx All .net framework 3.5 installation. Error code 2 . Need urgent help.... LimitAccess Source d sxs But i get the same error Error The system cannot find the file specified I almost tried everything Can anyone help I don't want to install a fresh windows That will be too much of hassle But at the same time i need the net framework for my older programs Why microsoft did not come with a easy solution This is so frustrating Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69657-net-framework-3-5-installation-error-code-2-need-urgent-help.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, trying to install alps tpad drivers to get multitouch on win7 x64 dell laptop. the installer tries to load "Microsoft .net 4 client profile" but it fails with error (from log)

"MSI (C:\3b228d38aff65874c154c648\netfx_Core_x64.msi) Installation failed. Msi Log: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Setup_20130915_191425624-MSI_netfx_Core_x64.msi.txt

Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:01:24)."

I have also tried to install latest .net4 downloaded from ms downloads, but get the same error.
The multitouch worked fine in win8 (which i hated) but this is a very clean install ( partitions removed and reformatted) of win7 ultimate, sp1 loaded. I updated as per ms instructions for all win7 updates it said i needed (not counting the Office ones i don't want). I've spent many hours now and any help would be appreciated.

A:.net 4 installation fails with error code: (0x80070643)

Quote: Originally Posted by mikep

Hi, trying to install alps tpad drivers to get multitouch on win7 x64 dell laptop. the installer tries to load "Microsoft .net 4 client profile" but it fails with error (from log)

"MSI (C:\3b228d38aff65874c154c648\netfx_Core_x64.msi) Installation failed. Msi Log: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Setup_20130915_191425624-MSI_netfx_Core_x64.msi.txt

Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:01:24)."

I have also tried to install latest .net4 downloaded from ms downloads, but get the same error.
The multitouch worked fine in win8 (which i hated) but this is a very clean install ( partitions removed and reformatted) of win7 ultimate, sp1 loaded. I updated as per ms instructions for all win7 updates it said i needed (not counting the Office ones i don't want). I've spent many hours now and any help would be appreciated.

Hi mikep,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please make sure that you clean boot the system by following the steps below:

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

If aany firewall or antivirus installed then disable the same and check again. Please check these articles which would be helpful:

Error codes

I get error code 0x80070643 when installing .Net Framework 4.0 on - Microsoft Community

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/304993-net-4-installation-fails-error-code-0x80070643.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I was Installing java for the game minecraft and I got this error: Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to make the directory C:\Program File\Java\jre6

I do not know what this means I also tried uninstalling the old Java updates I had and got this error message: Error 1326. Error getting file security: C:\ Program Files\Java\ Get Last Error5.

I also just got a new computer if that means anything and I am running on Windows 7 with Google Chrome.

A:Java installation update error code

i need to bump this because I need someone to help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-installation-update-error-code.1012837/
Relevancy 58.05%

hello

plz can some one help me to bypass this error code installing my win 8 software

"your computer needs repaired

error code: 0xc0000260

A:win8 error code:0xc0000260 during installation

Hello Henry, welcome to Eightforums!

See if this helps ...

windows 8 Tutorials: Error code 0xc0000260 during windows 8 installation | Windows 8 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/27657-win8-error-code-0xc0000260-during-installation.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So This is my 3rd install disc I made and I Re-downloaded 64 bit windows 7 no problems. Integrity was checked and succesful. I burned at the slowest speed 2.4x Also no errors.

Once I go to install windows 7 it jumps to 8% then 100% then i get an error saying Files are missing or corrupted. I don't see why I should have this problem since downloading and burning process went smooth.

the error code was 08007017.

I also disabled my norton or most of it.

Anybody have any ideas whats wrong I only have about 2 more discs left to burn =(

A:Installation Problem Error Code 0X8007017

Welcome sebas215 to Sevenforums.........

You are trying to update to windows 7 from Windows vista Home premium..

First of all you cant update Windows vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate..
You can update Windows vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate..
You must have vista Sp2 installed in order to update.
Not to mention HDD space and all.......

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19137-installation-problem-error-code-0x8007017.html