Windows Support Forum

Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers

Q: Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers

Hello guys Recently I Downgraded from Windows to Windows Ultimate And I lost My Drivers I Googled and Tried everything Possible but I couldn't When I Go to device manager In other devices I see Ether controller network controller PCI simple communications controller SM bus controller Universal serial bus controller and Windows 8.1 Drivers Lost from 7 to Ultimate Windows Downgraded and Unknown Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers Device all have a yellow Warning icon basically I'm using my Father's laptop to post this and I cannot use Internet cable or wifi nor USB and my Laptop Doesn't have the CD thing I'm kinda lost and I have no idea what to do I tried the ''Scan for hardware changes'' but I get the message ''Device Driver software was not successfully Installed'' and ''no Driver found with an X'' Please Help me with this I tried everything I talked to Microsoft Support and HP Support they said Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers to go to HP Center which I don't have that Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers In my City Sorry for my English guy my mother language Is arabic French and I'm really panicking to fix my Laptop Which Is HP Pavilion

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers

Hi have you gone to hp support site to see if they have win 7 drivers? What's the full model number of the hp computer
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi all,

I just downgraded from Vista to XP on my HP Pavilion dv2810ca laptop and lost all of my drivers. Definitely should have done more research before I did that.

Anyways, I've been looking all over the internet all day and I'm having a really hard time finding all the drivers I need. On the HP support site I can only find Vista drivers, so I'm wondering if it's even possible to run XP on this thing.

Any suggestions? Here's a link to the specs of my laptop:

Thanks for any help!

A:Downgraded from Vista to XP and lost all drivers

Is that a 64 bit version of XP that you installed?
Relevancy 82.56%

So I downgraded from Vista to Xp home basic because I didn't like the way vista worked. Unfortunately something went wrong when I used my Xp boot disc and now I am missing the following devices:
Ethernet Controller
PCI Device
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Please help if you can, I have looked through countless forums and downloaded about 20 files already and I still haven't fixed anything.

A:Downgraded from Windows Vista to Windows XP Home Basic now I have missing drivers

First thing that needs to be clarified here, when you say "now I'm missing the following" what type of missing are we talking about here? Are the devices and such present inside your device manager and all that is missing here is their drivers? Or when you open up the device manager, all the above and stated hardware is gone? If this is a driver issue the fix or fixes could be relatively manageable. But if this is a case that nothing is there and indeed these devices aren't showing up with anything inside Windows, but you know they are there and still nothing, that might be a manageable thing to deal with, with the end result being perhaps a wipe of the disk and starting over from scratch. Maybe Windows didn't find these items when it was being installed for whatever reason or reasons. If you decide to install the O.S. again, I would first go into your computers BIOS and just with your own eye's, confirm the presence of these items, for if they are in BIOS and register fine, than they should translate over to Windows being able to find them as well. And while you are inside BIOS, doesn't hurt to make sure that nothing is switched off, just make sure all these items your talking about are activated or just active through BIOS and you should be fine.
Relevancy 80.41%

I recently downgrade to windows 7 Pro from win 8.1 and cant seem to find the drivers for the usb. There is only 1 driver which is Intel(R) USB 3.0eXtensible Host Controlle. All the links in this forum no longer work. I hope someone can help Thanks

A:need usb drivers for 15-d035dx as I downgraded to windows 7

@FlatEarth4All? REO
Relevancy 80.41%

Hii have downgraded from windows to windows and looking for Etherment Network controller PCI SMB and USB controller driner The hardrware id's arePCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS F C amp REV PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS to windows reuired, downgraded 7 Drivers F CPCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN EC Drivers reuired, downgraded to windows 7 amp DEV amp CC nbsp AND nbsp PCI VEN C amp DEV amp SUBSYS F C amp REV PCI VEN C amp DEV amp SUBSYS F CPCI VEN C amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN C amp DEV amp CC AND nbsp PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS F C amp REV PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS F CPCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC FF PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC FF ANDPCI VEN amp DEV B amp SUBSYS F C amp REV APCI VEN amp DEV B amp SUBSYS F CPCI VEN amp DEV B amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV B amp CC C And nbsp PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS F C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS F CPCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C respectively Please help RegardsArun Sabharwal

A:Drivers reuired, downgraded to windows 7

@arunsabharwal? Start with these. REO
Relevancy 79.55%

My co-worker asked me to find drivers for his new laptop that he downgraded to 10) friend's Need Windows from laptop (downgraded for drivers Windows -bit from Need drivers for friend's laptop (downgraded from Windows 10) Windows I taught him how to install an OS and how to format drives using Gparted awhile back He apparently did that and put Windows on it At Need drivers for friend's laptop (downgraded from Windows 10) work he showed me a computer with a long list of drivers missing when I went into Devices and Printers and saw his system I am the only person that he trusts to find the drivers and install them This includes USB drivers I found one but I could not install it because no network driver and no USB drivers CD Drive works Thank Arceus I need to show up with a disc burned of all the drivers on Wednesday His computer is a HP -f wm and in Devices amp Printers clicking the computer shows this long list that he had to take a picture of and send me when I asked for the model number Ethernet Controller Network Controller PCI Data Acquisition amp Signal Procces PCI Encryption Decryption Controller SM Bus Controller Universal Serial Bus USB Controller Unknown Device Unknown Device Unknown Device Unknown Device Unknown Device Note He only has standard VGA driver for video atm I could not find a single driver There is a post on HP forums where a lady claimed to have found most of the drivers but I could not find a single one There were several replies with about or so more drivers which the OP claimed worked and said that anybody with the same model laptop to get them from there However all but one of the links to those drivers were broken links This was only a few months ago too

A:Need drivers for friend's laptop (downgraded from Windows 10)

The computer was designed for Windows 10 so it is entirely possible some of the drivers you want are not available for Windows 7.
Right click each device in Device Manager. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Look at the first line. Copy and paste that line into a Google search or you can go to and look up the Vendor and Device ID numbers to see what if any drivers are available.
Your USB drivers are probably for USB 3.0. USB 3.0 drivers are not native to Windows 7.
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I recently bought an ASUS N JR and downgraded from the installed Windows home and to Windows Installing N56JR 7 Drivers ASUS Downgraded bit to Windows pro bit I went down the problem list in the device manager and searched hardware IDs to get Downgraded ASUS N56JR to Windows 7 and Installing Drivers all of the problems resolved but I know that there are still drivers to be installed I also installed all of the nearly Windows updates I'm not sure Downgraded ASUS N56JR to Windows 7 and Installing Drivers how to properly do that for devices that aren't showing up with a problem For example the keyboard NVIDIA geforce gtx m card and bluetooth don't show a problem in device manager but the keys don't light up dxdiag only shows the Intel card and the bluetooth can't connect to anything but it can Downgraded ASUS N56JR to Windows 7 and Installing Drivers be found I know those still need work because there are obvious problems associated but I don't know what other less obvious driver issues I could have that are less apparent Is there some way to check for devices that aren't showing up in the manager Also I foolishly uninstalled and unknown device instead of just the driver and it disappeared from the list How can I get that back I was planning to just force updates that I can find on devices that the manager thinks are working properly but I know better but I wanted to check if there was a better actually correct way to go about this

A:Downgraded ASUS N56JR to Windows 7 and Installing Drivers

Have you checked with Asus?  I always get my drivers from the motherboard manufacturer.  Any other source is likely to be problem laden.
Relevancy 78.69%

It has been 7 8) Realtek from - drivers (downgraded not Windows PCIe found a long time since posted on these forums I don't know what has changed but i am back I am very rusted on repairing and troubleshooting computers I guess my experiences have worn out Anyways my mother has a computer she bought from Walmart and was preinstalled with Windows I've managed to downgrade to Windows Now the problem is i can't seem to get or find the correct network adapter driver I want to install the driver so i can use Windows software to locate other drivers automatically My mother's computer is HP - wb Any help would be very appreciated I thought i can do this as i did in the past but this is now a problem i lost experience with A rd party software says it is a Realtek Semiconductor RTL PCIe Fast Ethernet Adapter So i assume that is Realtek PCIe drivers not found - Windows 7 (downgraded from 8) the driver name I tried searching but no prevail I installed Windows and no drivers were installed Can't install because of no quot internet connection quot Yes the ethernet is plugged in and my service is available as i am currently typing from my Macbook Pro as we speak And playing Destiny Multitasking here Anyways help is appreciated

A:Realtek PCIe drivers not found - Windows 7 (downgraded from 8)

hi, post the hardware id's

might find it hard to find the drivers if the computer was shipped with win 8. not all computer can be downgraded
Relevancy 78.69%

i absolutely hate the windows 8 interface so i downgraded to windows 7... now drivers won't work. optical drive and wifi won't work. i used a bootable usb to downgrade

have dell inspiron 15-3537 i3-4010u 1.7ghz. PLS help.. just about ready to chuck this outta the window

A:need some consoling, downgraded frm windows 8 to 7 drivers wont work

You need to go to the dell inspiron 15-3537 i3-4010u support page and download the right drivers
Relevancy 76.97%

I recented acquired a toshiba satellite l650-01H which came with an illegal copy of Windows 7
I downgraded to Windows Vista and the network controller driver was not compatible. I downloaded DriverScanner
from Uniblue and updated all my drivers and now my keyboard and mousepad won't work so I can't
even log into my computer now.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this?

A:Solved: Downgraded Windows, downloaded drivers, keyboard mouse now not working
Relevancy 66.65%

I lost my copy of windows 7 ultimate. I reinstalled windows 7. before doing this i copied down what control panel said my product key was. after reinstalling come to find out that wasnt the product key. How do i find out what my product key was.

A:reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. LOST PRODUCT KEY

Hello Yamaha, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you have a store bought OEM computer, then the product key number should be on the COA sticker usuallu on the bottom of a laptop, under the battery of a laptop, or on the back of desktop.

If you purchased a retail copy of Windows 7, then the paperwork included will have the key on one of them.

If none of the above, then you may be out of luck.
Relevancy 66.65%

i recently reformat my laptop Inspiron 14R (5420, Mid 2012) after finish reformatting there is no drivers.
Also I cant connect to wifi as there is no drivers. Pls help thank you :}

A:Windows 7 ultimate x64 reformat,driver lost

Windows does not install all your drivers, especially with a laptop.

You have to get your drivers from the manufacturer`s website.

Dell Inspiron 14R Optional Touch Screen Notebook Details | Dell
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi folks Having trouble with drivers for USB 2.0 and 3.0 after hard disc replacement. Many thanks Ian 

A:USB Drivers for Windows 7 Ultimate

Hi, Intel USB 3.0 Driver for Intel 8 and U/Y Series Products (American, International)
Relevancy 66.65%

I JUST installed win 7 ultimate edition 64 bit retail version
{ 7600.16385.090713-1255_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD }

im using quad core 2.33 ghz
4gb kingston 800fsb ram
GA-G31M-S2L gigabyte motherboard
1gb nividia 9500 graphic card

i installed the os but faceing problem with installing drivers .. 1. when i installed nivida drivers were already there { installed } although i dont know how ....

2. im facing problem with installing motherboard drivers .... please help not much of a pc guy so pl explain in lucid language so i can perform that by maself ..

A:Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit drivers

You shouldn't have to worry about most of the drivers. Windows 7 has many legacy drivers it will install to get through the OS installation.

Make sure Windows Updates is on automatic and let it do the work for you. It will search for any drivers it needs. Be sure to check the Action Center (FLAG -- lower-right of screen) as there are some devices that it will ask permission first before installing drivers.

Regards. . .

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi. I have win xp sp3 on my laptop.
I wanted to install dual boot with windows 7.
So i created a new partition of 20 GB (drive D).
THen i installed from win 7 dvd, and choose Drive D for the installation.
After all the install and config, the original drive C (xp) had no letter, and the drive D, now is Drive C. 20 GB with win 7 installed.
So i assigned a letter (E) but the drive is completly empty, 0 bytes 0 files.
Obviously i have no dual boot, since there is no xp partition.

Is there any way to get back the data in the XP partition ?

Are they all lost ? i dont understand what happened.

TKs .

A:windows 7 ultimate , xp dual boot. lost files

Ok let me make sure I know whats going on, you went to dual boot however the primary drive somehow got re-formatted correct? You still should have 2 partitions on your drive. You have already looked on your disk Management service correct? If not, that would be the first thing I would look at.

Or maybe you'll be lucky enough that when you plug in your drive as a secondary hard drive(using another computer) you MAY be able to see your xp partition and just copy the files directly. --Hope this helped at all
Relevancy 65.79%

I bought a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate to reset my old HP dc7900 Minitower PC.
I'm currently on Windows 7 Enterprise x86 and want to custom install Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
The only thing is that there are no Ultimate drivers on the HP website for my PC:
HP Compaq dc7900 Convertible Minitower PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center
So my Question is:
Can I use Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Drivers on Ultimate x64?
Please Help me!
Thanks in advance

A:Can I use Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Drivers on Ultimate x64?

Quote: Originally Posted by xkons

I bought a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate to reset my old HP dc7900 Minitower PC.
I'm currently on Windows 7 Enterprise x86 and want to custom install Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
The only thing is that there are no Ultimate drivers on the HP website for my PC:
HP Compaq dc7900 Convertible Minitower PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center
So my Question is:
Can I use Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Drivers on Ultimate x64?
Please Help me!
Thanks in advance

There are win7 x86 drivers and win7 x64 drivers. No specific enterprise, ultimate, home premium
Relevancy 65.79%

I have installed windows 7 ultimate Bit os , but , all drivers are disappeared ,How can find video driver, wireless network drivers and sound drivers .

A:HP 510 NOTEBOOK PC drivers for windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

abozgul wrote:I have installed windows 7 ultimate Bit os , but , all drivers are disappeared ,How can find video driver, wireless network drivers and sound drivers .What was the original operating system?Sorry, but there is no support for Windows 7 available for your notebook. I suggest that you download and run CPU-z to find some information about your notebook's chipset and graphics onboard. Post it here. You will also need to post the wireless network adapter and sound chip PCI\VEN information. Your chpset is either a Intel 915GM or Intel 910GML.Southbridge is ICH-6MGraphics is onboard.Wireless is a mini-PCI module. You will have to identify it. It is in the same compartment as the memory module(s) remove the cover and memory module to see and identify the module.Audio is Conexant CX20468 How to use the Device Manager to identify devices without drivers:Click on the device you want to identify  and select Properties>Details>Hardware ids Write down the 4 characters after: VEN_(example:1002) and after DEV_(example :AA01) Once you have done this, you can check in the PCI\VEN database to identify the manufacturer and device. When you have that information you can begin Googleing for the drivers for Windows 7 32-bit.  You have found the down side of installing an unsupported OS. It does take work.  Best regards,erico
Relevancy 65.79%

I have an Asus Eee PC 1001PXB

Came with windows XP, my friend upgraded it for me to wndows 7 Ultimate. I cant change the res, and when i dwnload the drivers from asus it says does not support this operating system. Please help!

A:upgraded to windows 7 Ultimate and now cant get vid drivers!!

So friend just installed 7, but didn't install drivers for you?

many times the Vista drivers will work.
If theres no Vista x64 drivers drivers listed on the official site, Have you tried Windows Update to see if it finds anything? Many times it will.

Where did you get your copy of Windows BTW.
Relevancy 65.79%

why wont the drivers from the nvidia website work on my alienware m17x for my duel 280m

A:gtx 280m drivers for windows 7 ultimate x64

because nvidia doesn't like to support people with notebooks (well, they only support you indirectly, through the manufacturer)

go here: NVIDIA & Laptop News | Latest NVIDIA drivers and related news |
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey 64 - Ultimate 7 Found Drivers bit Windows No everyone I am back again with yet another problem it's been a while now So anyways I re-installed windows and upgraded from Windows Home edition to Windows Ultimate Edition I Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - No Drivers Found installed it and everything then I activated the version of windows to the Full edition with the serial number After all this I checked my internet and found its not connected Well the reason for this is because apparently I have no drivers in my computer When I go to install them obviously I cannot because I do not even have the network or ethernet controller driver Can anyone please help me with this issue How would I go about installing the drivers properly I cannot install them through a USB because I do not even have the USB driver installed I need to get connection to the internet somehow and just update install them with the built in feature How would I do this Thanks so much once again C R O IVE

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - No Drivers Found

When you installed Windows 7 Ultimate did you do a clean install or an upgrade from within the desktop ? Also what is the model of your PC or motherboard ?
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello team,

I have installed windows 7 ultimate in HP dv5-1126em. My previous version was vista home which came with inbuilt.win7 already installed all necessary drivers at the time of install the OS and I manually installed VGA only. But when I checked my device manager there is showing 5 unknown drivers. There are 3 system base driver and 2 unknown. I tried many ways like driver max, Everest....etc for search drivers but I can't do that. Can anyone tell me, how can it fix? Please give me some instruction.
If you need screen shoot. I will provide you later.

Thank you,

A:How to Fix unknown drivers in windows 7 ultimate?

Hi Link2aavash and welcome to seven forums. If you read a members post by Jacee here. Then run the driver Downloads_PCpitstop libraries program it will show what drivers are missing. then post a screen shot and we'll help you find them. Please read the cautionairy note that is alo posted. 50 Most Recent Drivers from PC Pitstop
Relevancy 64.93%

i bought new 15-ac170tu HP laptop 5 days back on flipkart. i installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit in this. now i found that max of the laptop function are not working or support no driver is getting installed functioning. please help me to install Wifi, Bluetooth, graphics and all usable drivers which can make this laptop functional. i hv tried 1 from hp site for this model but is working. i need at least wireless driver. please help me.Regards,Ramesh

A:15ac170tu windows 7 ultimate drivers not working

Try resetting the BIOS to defaults and then booting into Windows. Try the Realtek and Broadcom driver from the following HP driver download web document for your notebook.  Attempting to install the wrong driver will not hurt anything.The softpaq will let you klnow if it is applicable or not.
Relevancy 64.93%

Using ASUS P5K-E motherboard which I bought in 2007. and I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate.

When I run the Chipset Drivers Installation CD into my drive, it shows this (attached JPG)

It should be compatibility problem between the drivers softwares and the OS version...any solution?

A:Cannot Install Chipset Drivers(Windows 7 Ultimate)

Download the drivers from their website, the old ones may not work. They may have new ones that do.
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok so basically with EVERY device including my mouse and dvd drives whenever I plug something in it says that windows could not find the driver. I then point it to c:/Windows/system32 . It says that it finds them but cannot install them
Can anyone help me!? This is really urgent and re-installing is not a possibily as i cannot put dvds into the dvd drives.

A:Windows Vista x64 Ultimate Drivers Problem

Hi, by default the Driver for the Devices will be in C:\Windows\WINSXS and C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore. Try to Install the Drivers from these Locations.

As you have mentioned you using 64BIT OS verify that the drivers are Digitally Signed

If you do not have the right Drivers then you are messing up with your Computer.

I can Just try with Workaround!!!

Originally Posted by sailpog

Ok so basically with EVERY device including my mouse and dvd drives whenever I plug something in it says that windows could not find the driver. I then point it to c:/Windows/system32 . It says that it finds them but cannot install them
Can anyone help me!? This is really urgent and re-installing is not a possibily as i cannot put dvds into the dvd drives.
Relevancy 64.93%

Alright I'm trying to do a custom installation of windows 7 ultimate, after finding out my computer won't boot. But then it says there were no drivers found. Where do I find my drivers? There is only an X: (boot) drive as a system partition.

I have an Acer Aspire V3-551 with an AMD A8 2.8 Ghz processor with 500 GB of HDD space and 4 GB DDR3. I am have been running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on my computer.

A:Can't find drivers during Windows 7 ultimate x64 installation?

Hi Andrew,

Are you talking about drivers or drives?

Windows will detect 99.9% of the appropriate drivers required for your computer to operate during installation, and install them automatically. After installation, you can install/update specific device drivers if you wish.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Relevancy 64.93%

I just got a toshiba c650 laptop with windows 7 ultimate (64bit) installed. All of the drivers are installed except the network controller and the ethernet controller. I can't seem to find any links or info. leading me in the right direction. Can anyone tell me where to find the correct drivers? In the device manager,under network controller properties,it doesn't even name the manufacturer,or the driver details or properties. 
PLEASE HELP. Thank you!!!

A:windows 7 ultimate no network control drivers

Have you seen this link?
Relevancy 64.93%

Yesterday I purchased a new laptop - HP Pavilion 17-f150nm. It came without an OS so I installed Windows 7 32bit. The problem is that I have a few drivers missing:
Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Device
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
Unknown Device
Unknown Device
I did not get a CD with my laptop and HP offers on their website only drivers for Windows 8 for my laptop. I've been downloading drivers using another computer and burning them to CDs since my USB ports are not working, but none of the drivers seem to be working.. I've been at this for 24hours now and don't know what to do..

A:No compatible drivers for Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... One of the reasons the Drivers on the HP Website will not work is cause they are 64 Bit Drivers ...

If you click on some of the Drivers there they state they will work with Windows 7 64 Bit ...
The problem is really with the Chipset it controls most of the Devices that you have with missing Drivers ..
The Intel Chipset Utility is your only hope ... I doubt it will not Help though ..
Chipset Software — Utility to Identify Your Intel? Chipset
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello, All!

Here's my system specifications, so please tell me where can I download SoundMax Digital Audio Drivers for my Windows 7 Ultimate? Please give link? I've tried my best but I couldn't find drivers for Windows 7 yet. (I've uploaded my system specifications in .zip format with this thread).

Hope for the answer.

A:SoundMax Digital Audio Drivers for Windows 7 Ultimate?

Quote: Originally Posted by Happpy

Hello, All!

Here's my system specifications, so please tell me where can I download SoundMax Digital Audio Drivers for my Windows 7 Ultimate? Please give link? I've tried my best but I couldn't find drivers for Windows 7 yet. (I've uploaded my system specifications in .zip format with this thread).

Hope for the answer.

Hi Happpy and welcome
Since I amm not sure if you are 32bit or 64 (suspect 32) here is the google results for both. Just go there and pick the appropriate driver. SoundMax Digital Audio Drivers - Google Search
Relevancy 64.5%

can you give me links where i can download wireless drivers for hp 14 d008au (windows 7) ?Thank you

View Solution.

A:hp 14 d008au wifi drivers for windows 7 ultimate (64bit)

Please try the Mediatek Ralink Wireless driver from the following weblink: If the issue persists, please follow these steps:1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.
Relevancy 64.5%

HiI'm looking for Ethernet drivers for my Pavilion Notebook running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit OS.When I go to device manager I get the Hardware IDs as follows:PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_80B8103C&REV_07PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_80B8103CPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200 Everything else is working fine, but no sign of the network adapter, and I really need this to work. Please don't sugges that I revert to Windows 8 or 10 as that will never happen as long as I have breath in my body. Thanks

A:Pavilionm 15 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Ethernet Drivers requ...

Realtek Fast ethernet: If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
Relevancy 64.5%

I installed multiple windows 7 ultimate X64 but the BSOD is still remaining ... After I install a windows 7 ultimate x64 and the drivers BSOD randomly retunrs ... after 10 min, after 25, but continuosly ...

I attached the diagnostic tools report...
Thans for helping in advance

PS. I checked with multiple tools memmory, and drive, and others, but is oke.
my new laptop details: Lenovo B590 (20206)
Intel Pentium B980 2.4 Ghz

A:Random BSOD after installing windows 7 ultimate x64 and drivers...

Use these Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions again, your dump file and some other files seem to either blank or corrupted.
Relevancy 64.5%

Model HP Pavillion PC Desktop Model A N Product RT AA ABA ghz Operating System Windows Ultimate bit Recently a friends husband screwed up their computer they just got by looking at tons of porn sites Pavilion HP any to drivers find Unable 64 bit Ultimate 7 PC Windows Since they had no security at all I'm sure you can imagine what was on the hard drive After all the viruses and adware had their way with the PC it took almost minutes from boot to get to the desktop screen lol Anyways she asked me to do a clean install of Windows Ultimate bit into their HP Pavilion A N desktop because she has no clue how Since I have some skill at this I decided to try it I deleted the Unable to find any Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit drivers HP Pavilion PC Vista partition and wiped the hard drive clean I then did a clean install of Windows Ultimate bit It runs very good but it was obvious it needed ram only has gb if I wanted to get it to run excellent Well while waiting for the gb of ram to get here that my friend ordered for it got gb of DDR for I have been looking for Windows Ultimate bit drivers amp the factory software that came with this PC and am unable to find it or anything newer to use in it's place Normally after I do a clean install on someone's laptop or desktop I can go to the manufacturers website and download all the drivers and software that came on the computer along with the security software When I go to HP's website for the HP Pavillion PC Desktop Model A N Product RT AA ABA and click in find drivers for Windows bit it says that they don't have any I would usually just go and compare the current drivers to the Vista bit drivers and install wich ever one is newest I didn't know that Windows won't let you use Vista drivers unlike how XP will let you use Vista drivers After the install was done I let it update all the Windows updates and then installed security then Office and now I'm just wondering where I can get the most updated drivers and software Thanks for reading this over and helping in advance Jason

A:Unable to find any Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit drivers HP Pavilion PC

Have you tried installing the Vista drivers in compatibility mode.

Drivers - Install Vista Drivers on Windows 7
Relevancy 64.5%

I am unable to find any drivers for Windows 7 64 bit for the following laptoppavilion 17-g148dxnone of the usb ports are working at the momentI am aware that the product comes with Windows 10. However, I am specifically looking for Windows 7 drivers for this product's hardware. I am initially interested in the network adapter drivers. I am certain these exist for Windows 7. Please provide links either from HP or external vendors. CAN ANYONE PROVIDE ME WITH THE MAKER / EXACT MODEL NUMBER OF THE NETWORK  WIRELESS ADAPTERS  INSTALLED IN THIS LAPTOP???

A:pavilion 17-g148dx - drivers for Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Hi: The parts list for your notebook at the link below indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi adapter. Here is the driver for that card, and below that is the W7 x64 driver page from the base model, which you can use all except the BIOS and firmware files. This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp70891.exe
Relevancy 64.5%

G'Day everyone first post here Have recently upgraded my OS from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows Ultimate N I have Pro from Ultimate X-Fi to Elite drivers 7 Windows Vista for Upgrading been having some Upgrading drivers from Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 for X-Fi Elite Pro driver issues My first instinct was to upgrade my sound drivers to the latest windows ones So I removed the vista ones and downloaded the Windows ones from Creative However the latest drivers had components of the whole original kit missing such as THX Console which is important and I couldn't for my life think why I originally bought my computer and X-Fi Elite Pro in August run on Logitech Z- 's and I have not had a SINGLE hiccup whatsoever on Windows Vista Every component of the sound card worked and worked bloody well Never had driver issues at all rare I guess With my original purchase came the latest Vista drivers at the time for installing on CD I still have those CD's but am wondering if it is worth using this CD to install all the components would that work given it's a vista CD and then running and update to get the latest drivers for windows or is it a different procedure I have had a very good search around various forums and what not trying to find the exact solution to my problem but despite lots and lots of round-about advice I'm still a bit unsure as to how to get everything installed again just like it was from my Vista CD Any ideas and help would be appreciated TS

A:Upgrading drivers from Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 for X-Fi Elite Pro

Have you tried installing the software on the CD?
You would have to uninstall the existing version and if needed, try to install the CD using compatibility mode.

Hope this helps

Relevancy 64.07%

I am a college student enrolled in A PC Repair for my A Downgraded Media Edition Professional...ERRORS! XP from Windows to Windows PC Technicians certificate I recently downgraded my Downgraded from Windows Media Edition to Windows XP Professional...ERRORS! OS from Windows Media Edition to Windows XP Professional I currently own a Gateway As soon as I was able to get into the desktop the computer had no recollection of any drivers possibly because from scratch they were all outdated which meant that I needed a flash drive and another computer to download all the drivers While I did that the computer suddenly refused to read any usb ports it read once I used a Sony Flash USB Drive and it had something like Virtual Compress which I clicked just to see what it was it seems like it didn't do anything however Anyways after a few weeks of trying to figure out how to get it online I was looking over the internet and doing various modifications to it I eventually took the entire computer apart and put it back together which seemed to fix the speed issues and even allowed some drivers to be reread However after I fixed the BIOS settings to their default settings and tried to get into the OS I started getting this Blue Screen error stating IO System Verification Error in NCIS SYS WDM Driver b NTFS SYS a fc at BAF B FC and I cannot get into the login screen However when I run the computer in Safe Mode the computer runs perfectly even with Safe Mode Networking Any suggestions

A:Downgraded from Windows Media Edition to Windows XP Professional...ERRORS!

First things first, how did you downgrade? What steps did you follow?

Next what "modifications" have you done?

As for safe mode, it would load fine as none of the drivers and non-essential files are loaded, so there are no conflicts etc.
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I hope someone can help me I'm not overly techy so I've give you as much info as I can Trying to do a clean install of Windows Ultimate on brand new pc with this spec Intel Core Quad Q Motherboard Asus 7 Idiot BSOD/nvidia installing Ultimate Windows drivers P P TD Intel P chipset x DDR PCI-E Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers Memory GB DDR mhz x GB Hard Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers Drives GB S-ATAII Gb s Optical Drive x DVD RW DL S-ATA Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT GB Sound card Onboard Audio PSU W Monitor Viewsonic VX wm lcd display Initially I got quite a way through the installation then it came up with an error saying the computer closed Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers unexpectedly and had to restart to continue installation I had got my monitor connected to the nvidia gt via divX Said Ok pc shut down then restarted with exactly the same message Read up on the Net and said that it could be the nvidia card so got to device manager and removed drivers so it had to use standard vga drivers and switched to the vga connection on the graphics card I dont' have onboard graphics on my motherboard Well now it doesn't have the old problem it has a new one I am booting straight from the dvd drive and it lets me get to the Windows install page I select custom install and it gets to anything between and of expanding the files second stage on list and then it blue screens with various errors the last one being this STOP x E xc x x B x fltmgr sys address base at Datestamp a bbf Have tried ringing the tech support from where I got the pc but they say they don't support windows yet CD that has come with the pc for the motherboard says that it is windows ready but that probably doesn't mean anything Any help would be very much appreciated as it is driving me insane Like I said I'm not a techy so treat me gently please Thanks very much

A:Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers

Hi powerjen ... welcome to the forums... Navigate to c:/windows/minidump and zip up the .dmp files and upload them for analysis...
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I've got a Acer Aspire notebook that serves me very well just upgraded from bit to bit all going smooth Except my co processor and a few other bits and peices aren't installed im missing the chipset driver easy you say download install it well i wish Acer being Drivers 7 64bit - Windows + 4520 Aspire Acer Ultimate useless as they are their bit win ultimate driver doesn't work complains that it wasn't designed for the os its currently running Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate on it was apparently designed for windows vista Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate some vista drivers do work on but not this one ive even run it in compatibility mode no Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate success the driver that doesn't work is located here Code http global-download acer com GDFiles Driver Chipset Chipset NVIDIA W x A zip acerid amp Step Notebook amp Step Aspire amp Step Aspire amp OS amp LC en amp BC Acer amp SC AAP I need to get this installed because with no drivers it keeps blue screening feeding bad data to kernel etc which is understandable By searching google theres every driver available for the Aspire except the chipset has anyone else got this laptop or over come this problem its driving me mental that every time i get the computer doing multiple tasks i get a blue screen please help there must be some way why would they release every driver but that one Thanks EDIT something else that might help is a screenshot of device mananger it shows what is not installed if i could install these even manually it would solve the issue

A:Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Quote: Originally Posted by armokk

I've got a Acer Aspire 4520 notebook, that serves me very well.

just upgraded from 7 32bit to 7 64bit, all going smooth,

Except my co processor and a few other bits and peices aren't installed.. im missing the chipset driver... easy you say? download install it. well i wish...

Acer being useless as they are their 64bit win7 ultimate driver doesn't work. complains that it wasn't designed for the os its currently running on, it was apparently designed for windows vista. some vista drivers do work on 7 but not this one, ive even run it in compatibility mode, no success. the driver that doesn't work is located here

I need to get this installed because with no drivers it keeps blue screening feeding bad data to kernel etc.... which is understandable.

By searching google theres every driver available for the Aspire 4520 except the chipset.... has anyone else got this laptop or over come this problem?

its driving me mental that every time i get the computer doing multiple tasks i get a blue screen.

please help, there must be some way. why would they release every driver but that one?

something else that might help is a screenshot of device mananger it shows what is not installed, if i could install these even manually it would solve the issue

i have no probs with it.i'm using 32 bit.u can find here 4 the driver:

Acer Aspire 4520 4520G Windows 7 Drivers (32-bit) | GetDriver

Windows XP and Acer Aspire 4520 - Download Aspire 4520 Windows XP Drivers

hope this can help u....
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi All,
My situation may look funny but please do help. I have purchased Dell Inspiron online from Dell website, the laptop arrived with windows 8 pre installed (Home edition). I had trouble installing few softwares, hence I downgraded my laptop to windows 7.. The mistake is that I didnt take a back up of the product key nor did I create a recovery disk. Now I am running on windows 7.. Can Anyone help me how do I go back to Windows 8.. I checked with Dell they said they have to send the recovery disk to my postal address. Which I am not currently residing.. Can anyone help me solve my problem.. Thanks a ton in advance..

A:Dell Windows 8 preinstalled laptop downgraded to windows 7

Will Dell not accept a change of address?
Relevancy 63.21%

I am using windows 7 x64 and motherboard is asus x58. After I typed in netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled and restart, come back all driver are gone. All the drivers are bad the usb the network and audio all have yellow exclamation points on them. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

A:windows 7 lost all drivers

Hiya pal and welcome to the forums

You can get most of your drivers here ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download X58
Relevancy 62.35%

I reinstalled windows xp and didn't back up my drivers. now i have a bunch of yellow ?'s under my device manager.

?Ethernet Controller
?Mass Storage Controller
?Network Controller
?PCI Device
?SM Bus Controller
?Video Controller
?Video Controller (VGA compatible)

I have a sony vaio Model: PCG-7N2L

Where do i start and how do i go about installing each driver...?

I am at a lost. Please help.

A:I installed Windows xp and lost my drivers... please help

Hello, if you got a Drivers Disc with your Notebook you can insert that into the Notebook and install all the needed drivers.

If not

Then you will need to go to and enter your Notebooks Serial Number so you can find the correct Drivers for your VAIO. Download them and install each one at a time.
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi , I recently reinstalled windows XP PRO on a Compaq Presario and lost a few drivers, they are Ethernet Controller, PCI Device , PCI Simple Communications Controller , SM Bus Controller, and Video Controller ( VGA Compatible ) any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I bought this roughly a year ago

PB Tech - NBKLEN1252535B : LENOVO IdeaPad G570 Sandy Bridge i5-2410M 2.3GHz 8GB (4Gx2) DDR3 640GB 15.6" ATI HD6370M 1G DEDICATED VGA BT2.1 2.0MP HD Webcam 802.11n DVDRW HDMI Win7 Home Premium 64bit 6Cell

I re-installed Windows 7 Home Premium yesterday and discovered I lost all my drivers and device management/disk management/computer manage etc shows no manufacturers name for each driver needed.

Could someone tell me which drivers I need for my laptop to be running as good or as close to new as possible by what's just listed on the website?

Note- I don't even have ethernet card driver!

Thanks for anyone who can help and have a good day, enjoy

A:Reinstalled Windows 7, lost all drivers!

Here perhaps

Drivers and software - Lenovo G570 Notebook
Relevancy 62.35%

hi i downgraded from vista to professional today, and winxp does not recognize alot of my hardware

i have a Ethernet controller with no drivers and a realtek rtl8187b with no drivers, i need them to start moving, please help and siggest anything, thank you

Relevancy 62.35%

I have a computer that originally had windows pro but we had the manufacturer HP downgrade it to windows pro using the windows downgrade rights before it was windows not downgraded activate let to Windows 7 me will windo 8.1 pro shipped out Late last month It was infected with a crypto virus that encrypted everything on the computer and deactivated all windows Windows 8.1 pro downgraded to windows 7 will not let me activate windo software After using magic jellybean to recover all the key codes on the hard drive and another utility that pulled the windows key off the BIOS we wiped the hard drive and did a fresh install of windows pro After getting the computer back up and running I went in to reactivate windows but unfortunately the magic jellybean keys did not work nor did it give the option to activate over the phone I typed slui into command prompt but it only took me to the normal activation screen again with no option to activate over the phone After attempting several keys I found online I finally was able to the activate windows over the phone screen but only if I attempt to activate windows using that code When I talked to tom from Texas He had no idea what I was talking about when I said windows pro downgrade rights I need to get this computer activated
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm new to the forum so my apologies for any mistakes. Over a year ago I brought a new laptop with Windows 8. Of course, I wanted to have windows 7 on so found out how to downgrade. Now, a year later, I believe i have done something wrong as I am now being told my windows is not activated (Build 7601) and that the version of Windows I have is Ultimate (which if I downgraded correctly it shouldn't be).

I still have the Windows 8 OEM licence code stored on the BIOS. I was wondering if anyone can help me either:

Correctly activate Windows 7 from where I am now and without having to rebuild my laptop?

Update to a legitimate version of Windows 8 using my OEM licence so that I can then get the free upgrade to Windows 10?

I really would prefer not to rebuild my computer from scratch

Thank you for any help
Relevancy 62.35%

So like the title nbsp says nbsp nbsp I upgraded to the windows and has some files lying around nbsp I had the files from windows all saved on this hard drive on called win C I thought to move them in windows 7, to wi... but windows back on files Had downgraded 10 places where i can see them So i moved all the musics in the music folder an all the photos in the pictures folder and some movies in the videos folder nbsp After a long day experiencing windows i wasnt really happy with it Had files on windows 10 but downgraded back to windows 7, wi... so i downgrade it back windows when i realised all the files that i had moved in windows are no longer found in windows All the music and photos are gone Luckily most of my videos are backed up on a hard drive but still missing some Before downgrading it i was told to be cautious and back up but i didnt think much and thought that the moved files will be still be saved on the laptop So now i feel regretful for not backing up nbsp nbsp nbsp So here's the question if i reupgrade back to windows will the files still be there nbsp Or is there another way to retrieve the lost files from windows nbsp What about system restore Last i checked nbsp nbsp Embarrassing to say i havent done a back up on the laptop on everything but backing up the movies on an external hard drive nbsp nbsp Cause a lot of the photos were taken from my phone my phone got stolen and all the data in there was erased i was only lucky to have put them on the laptop And as for the music It's alot nbsp nbsp plz tell me that there is a miracle or at least hope nbsp

A:Had files on windows 10 but downgraded back to windows 7, wi...

Lonea Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about losing files when you reverted back from Win10 and wanted to help. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the simple answer about finding your files is NO. When you MOVED them into the Win10 folders, that put them into the "C" volume where Win10 stores its OS.  When you did the revert, that erased the contents of the "C" volume in order to restore the prior OS. All is not lost, however, because the files MIGHT still be there -- but it will take some work, and cost some money, to retrieve them. When Windows erases files, it does not actually remove the file content, instead, it changes the filename so that it is no longer seen.  It also makes the space the file used available for reuse.  It is this last part that makes retrieval difficult if not impossible. What you should do is download [email protected] Recovery Pro -- the trial version -- to your PC.  Run it and see if it can find the files you need.  The trial version is very limited in what it will recover, but you will be able to see the files it finds.  IF it finds the files, then you have to go online to purchase a license.  After that, you can then retrieve your files and save them to a USB stick -- you can't save to the same drive from which you are retrieving.Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.
Relevancy 61.92%

I could really use some help My to no HELP! on drivers 7, Downgraded Win HP's site! father recently bought himself a new laptop which came standard with Windows which he absolutely HATED So we purchased Windows and installed it Unfortunately of his USB ports his HDMI port and his unused LAN port aren t working and in the Device Manager I'm getting a yellow exclamation point next to items under Other Devices Here are the device properties It is a HP Pavilion g dx downgraded to Windows gt OTHER DEVICES gt gt ETHERNET CONTROLLER PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B C amp REV PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B C PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC gt gt PCI CONTROLLER PCI VEN HELP! Downgraded to Win 7, no drivers on HP's site! EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B C amp REV PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS HELP! Downgraded to Win 7, no drivers on HP's site! B C PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC FF PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC FF gt gt SM BUS CONTROLLER PCI VEN amp DEV B amp SUBSYS B C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV B amp SUBSYS B C PCI VEN amp DEV B amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV B amp CC C gt gt USB CONTROLLER PCI VEN amp DEV HELP! Downgraded to Win 7, no drivers on HP's site! amp SUBSYS B C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C gt gt USB CONTROLLER PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C Can someone please help me make sense of this

A:HELP! Downgraded to Win 7, no drivers on HP's site!

Your machine isn't designed for Win 7...
There is a response on this forum where a HP expert gives advice on ways you could make it work. I suggest you read all of the articles.
I've seen great deals for HP machines that are Win 8 only recently, they are getting washed up like unwanted driftwood all over the marketplace.
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello everyone,
recently I wiped vista off my desktop and replaced it with xp. I've been collecting all the drivers manually and I'm have trouble finding the last few.
Under other devices in my device manager i have:
PCI device
Universal Serial Bus Controller
and an unknown device
I'm have no idea where to look for the last ones and to top it off my sound is completely missing however i have installed a realtek driver for it
my computer is an hp pavillion a6600f with all factory hardware.
If you can help in any way please do. And if you need more information please let me know how to obtain it.

I also know i should have gotten the drivers before i downgraded it was a lapse in judgement and I am paying the price. Thanks for you help in advance.

A:Downgraded Xp missing drivers HELP!!!

HP does not ship this computer with XP and does not offer drivers for it. So you will be hard pressed to find drivers for this model. You can try the Vista drivers but it probably won't work.
Relevancy 61.06%

please help me! i dont know how to fix this one."windows-delayed right failed' C:\windows\system\drivers\ has been lost or deleted,please save it to other location!

A:C:\windows\system\drivers\ has been lost or deleted

Educated guess is an infection.
I'll move you to the proper forum
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, I bought a brand new HP255 G1 which I downgraded to Windows 7. I downloaded most of the drivers from the 445 G1 page but I am struggling with the last two:Network Controller.SM Bus Controller.What are the correct drivers for this notebook it is driving me crazy!Thanks!

View Solution.

A:Downgraded HP 255 G1 To winodws 7. Cannot find Drivers

Hi: Go to the Probook 445 G1's driver page you were using, download and install the Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows. If your notebook came with Bluetooth, you will also need to download and install the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth 4.0+HS Driver for Microsoft Windows file.
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a domain at home which uses group policy. I was previousely using Windows 7 Ultimate as the client's operating system until I found using mandatory profiles with folder re-direction doesn't work as Windows 7 uses libraries. Now after downgrading all the computers to XP, none of them have Ethernet/WLAN drivers. I've managed to get drivers installed and working for all of them exept the most important, the main desktop computer. It's a HP Pavilion and I can't find the drivers anywhere. I've tried Google,, and countless other places, but I still cannot find the network adapter drivers anywhere. Anybody know where I can find them?

Relevancy 61.06%

I've downgraded to Windows 7 (using Intel "Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility" to overcome missing USB 3.0 support in Win 7 install).  Windows now boots, but without any functional drivers.  Laptop will not access internet, and USB ports are not recognized once Windows boots. HOW can I upload manufacturer driver packages onto my c:/ drive, to execute them to get to the INF files and get Windows to install the needed drivers?   Or, is there a way to load driver packages into a bootable USB stick and load them, bypassing Windows ... or at least place the packages on the c:/ drive where I can execute the packages under Windows? Thanks !   With the numbers of folks avoiding Windows 10, there must be others with this problem!  Again - thanks.  

A:Downgraded to Win 7; how to install drivers without internet...

Hi, The simplest way is to download from other machine (friends or relatives machine), copy to SD card (or microSD card) and install from there. Regards.
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey all,

I recently downgraded my Gateway Notebook MT6841 ( from Vista to XP... for obvious reasons.

I was thrilled to find out that they dont supply drivers for the Mobo's Video card, audio, and modem drivers for XP. Here's links to their site.

VISTA DRIVERS: Vista (32-bit)

Anyone think they can help me locate the xp versions of the drivers?

A:Downgraded from Vista to XP - Cant find drivers

Found the drivers. Was a long, gruelling process but got it done.
Relevancy 61.06%

Right i recieved my XP computer a friend made for me he s proffessional and somehow my keyboard dosnt work AT ALL in USB ports soooo i decided ive got a disc i installed it baad mistake although my keyboard now windows downgraded! xp works on a windows i dont have a windows xp original CD i have the product key it is on side of case but the guy didnt give me a reboot disc or windows cd disc he just seems to have installed it on i got know clue what to do i dont want to download any illegal copys just not right lol is there anyway that i could reverse the operation in the bios sum how or ask him for a windows disc wud my product key still work or could i just restore it back to factory settings and would windows xp downgraded! it be back to xp or still please help lol i made a F up of this one hehe Reuben xXx help GREATLY apprecieted nbsp

A:windows xp downgraded!

It's not illegal to use a different XP installation disk. By owning the product key, you own the right to run one copy of Windows on your computer. I'd ask your friend for a copy of XP.
Relevancy 61.06%

I know for a fact it has to do with my brother doing something but i have no idea what exactly he did and what he installed... Please help..

A:My windows 7 PC downgraded...

Explain what you mean by "downgraded".
Is the computer doing anything different than it was before? If so, what?
Anything else you can add that would help us help you?
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys,

As in title, some drivers are okay, however 'Network Controller' and 'USB controller' are causing me problems. (Picture Included)

Sony Vaio SVE1512M1E Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

I cannot get a Network Controller for my 32 bit system, thus no wifi!

From Sony website:

''In case you .. downgrade to Windows 7 Operating System (64bit version), we have released the necessary drivers, utilities, and hardware settings info to install after downgrading. ''

So how can I get around this mess?

A:Downgraded to 7 from 8.1 . Now cannot get correct drivers. Sony Vaio

should there not be more than this many programs installed?
Relevancy 60.63%

SPECS:Dell Inspiron 1318 Notebook
Windows XP Professional SP3
Intel? Core? 2 Duo T5800 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
Intel? 965PM / GM Express Chipset
Intel? Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Intel High Definition Audio 2.0
250GB4 configured with a 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
8X Slot Load CD/DVD Writer (DVD+/-RW)
9-cell 85WHr Li-Ion Battery
Intel? Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card
Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal (2.0) mini-cardI have installed all drivers except for audio. I searched everywhere and tried everything (even with one of the tech's help), and nothing seems to work. The dell recommended driver is IDT STAC9228 Audio, A03 but it is only for vista and does not work with xp. Please help. Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Downgraded vista to xp and now missing drivers. Help please

Dell probably will not have XP driver for that notebook . . You can download and run the Unkown Device Identifier to see if it can report the details of the sound card and then google for XP drivers . .
Relevancy 60.2%

We now all know about why Windows 10 is free, and it has its issues. Discuss here if you downgraded or if you dropped Windows altogether, and why you did. I downgraded back to Windows 7 just today after upgrading on July 29th. Here are my reasons:
1. Microsoft is spying on us with Windows 10. 
If you want to discuss this further, there is a highly popular topic on this here.
2. Wireless connectivity issues have been happening like crazy once I upgraded to Windows 10.
Not sure if other people had that problem too.
3. Windows 7 has some features that 10 doesn't.
I first noticed this when Windows 10 didn't come with an official DVD maker and couldn't properly write a video DVD with any software I chose either.

A:[DISCUSSION] Why you downgraded from Windows 10

Looks like Lenovo is thinking like you do, click here.  I was just talking to a client about that page.  Still not sure whether it's advertising Windows 7 as better than 10, so the former is installed not the latter, or whether the latter is installed and it's touting Win7 as better.
The Dell pages all show Windows 7 not 10, with an addendum, 'Windows 10 upgrade free'.  So they're not installing Win10.
Relevancy 60.2%

Alright so as the title states i just downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7 using a clean install. After windows 7 Prof. was done downloading my laptop was no longer able to connect to the internet via wireless or ethernet. I was wondering if anyone could help me figureout which drivers i need to install onto a usb ( cause my laptop wont connect). I've already checked the HP support foums and it says t check the manufacturers site but I am not that savy and was unable to figure outwich would work. this is the original driver when i had windows 8 installed
Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver but it isnt compatible with window 7. I'd really appreciate any help ty

WLAN FCC ID: VQF-RT5390 idk if this will help

A:Downgraded from windows 8 to 7 prof

that device will probably have a yellow ! against it and also unknown driver

How to identify hardware in Device Manager

right click on the device with a yellow!

from the menu choose
Click on the Details Tab
Under the Property - drop down
Select hardware ids
Right click and select all
Then right click again and select copy
Copy and paste that information here

You should see a code similar to this

please reply with the full code for your device(s)

The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example:

Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 008A

Post back those two numbers make sure we know which is vendor ID and which is device ID

These codes can be looked up at this site

As an example the link for that database tells us that;
Vendor ID code 8086 is for this vendor - Intel Corporation
Device ID code 008A is for this device - Intel Centrino Wireless-N1030
Unknown Device Identifier enables you to identify the yellow question mark labeled Unknown Devices in Device Manager.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys I have a bit of a problem regarding Windows I got a laptop recently that came with windows on it At the time I didn t have the patience for windows It was my first laptop and pretty much the first computer I solely owned so I downgraded to windows This worked out all fine and dandy except for accidentally removing the recovery partitions from the hard drive Now that I am settled down I would like to add windows to my multiboot system I am currently booting Ubuntu and Windows The main problem I am having is the Product Key There is no OEM sticker with the CD key on it so I am unable to install Windows From what I have read they started putting the keys into the motherboards so Windows will automatically find it but the Windows installation program asks me for a Product key anyways so I am stuck I have attempted to use a few programs that claim find OEM Downgraded, 8 Cant windows key! to locate the key but most only pick up my windows key Downgraded, Cant find windows 8 OEM key! as that is the operating system I am currently using One program called Recover Keys was able to locate a Windows MSDN key and product ID user name Noted as quot Windows MSDN but the program only shows the first little bit of the key because it s a demo This means the key was not deleted when I downgraded but I cannot access the full key because the program wants me to pay for it The program says it searches more than just what is on the operating system so I guess it checks the bios I tried the program on my windows desktop to see if it was bluffing with the Windows stuff and it was not It only showed the windows key Here is my request Is there a way to locate this key without paying for a program like recover keys If not is there a way to make it so the windows installation program will locate my key My computer brand is Lenovo btw nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I really need help with getting my laptop back Windows - to Windows ... Downloaded 10 HELP then and downgraded up and running nbsp I decided to download the Windows free upgrade on nbsp HELP - Downloaded Windows 10 and then downgraded to Windows ... I didn't like it so yesterday I used the button in the security options to go back to Windows nbsp Now my computer will not boot up and it states it can not be automatically repaired nbsp I took out the hard drive to save my documents and downloaded those to another laptop nbsp I went on the Microsoft website to download the Windows using my product code but because HP installed Windows on the laptop they denied me nbsp HP no longer offers support for my laptop nbsp So please help nbsp I am at my wits end trying to get this computer back up and running nbsp When I had the hard drive connected to my other laptop I went in to the hard drive and deleted anything from forward including anything that was related to Windows nbsp As you can see I am trying everything possible to get Windows back running on this Compaq nbsp I do not want to give up on this fairly new hard drive and this laptop since it included Microsoft Office when I bought it nbsp Thanks so much
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I've just bought a HP 250 G5 laptop that has come with Win 7 Pro but it has been downgraded from Win 10 Pro. In the package it says I am "Eligible to receive one copy of Windows 10 recovery media and HP driver media" and then states that I will need to register my product online to receive them. This is what I have done but I see no option to request my Win10 recovery.  I would like to go back to Windows 10. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thanks
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello nbsp I need again and help from this community because I have a problem with Windows activation nbsp nbsp I have a ProBook it came with Windows installed and a CD DVD with Windows with W7) Issue 10 Product key Windows (downgraded but I've never installed windows This notebook hasn't any Product key there is only a sticker Windows pro nbsp nbsp So I've updated W to W by the Windows update the notebook run quite well some problems with explorer icon and Issue with Product key Windows 10 (downgraded W7) wi-fi and windows was activated Then I've made a clean installation of W using the ISO but windows was not activated nbsp nbsp I've Issue with Product key Windows 10 (downgraded W7) called Microsoft they tell me that if my notebook is downgraded to W I should have the Product Key Issue with Product key Windows 10 (downgraded W7) of W somewhere maybe HP has this product key but I don't We have then tried to activate windows without success He told me to do a new clean installation of W and try again I've done once again a clean installation but it doesn't work nbsp nbsp Is there a solution nbsp nbsp How can I can get my Windows product key I've also run under W a software Belarc advisor to read the key but the key it found doesn't work nbsp nbsp Any idea nbsp nbsp Marco
Relevancy 59.77%

I upgraded to win 10, didn't want it, then downgraded to windows 8.1. How can I be sure win10 is completely removed, though? I have a couple of empty folders in my documents folder that remained there after the downgrade from win10. I don't mind that, but it seems that win10 isn't completely gone afterall. How to completely rinse my pc of win10?

A:downgraded to windows 8.1 - win10 completely gone now?

You probably have a Windows.OLD folder that has Windows 10 stuff in it, and you probably have some Windows Updates installed that can nag you to go to 10.  You can delete the Windows.OLD folder.  To keep it from nagging you to upgrade, you can download and install the GWX Control Panel.
 Good luck.
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello everyone,

I have a Dell inspiron 15 (1500 series) which came with Windows 8. (bought 6+ months ago) As Windows 8 and my 5400 RPM hard drive was killing my machine, I installed a Intel 180GB SSD 520 series and downgraded to Windows 7.

I started having BSOD issues and not sure where to go from here.

STOP: 0x00000007A

I searched the web and can't find a solution and would need someone to help me read the dumps.

I've installed the latest drivers from Dell and Intel, there was no AV installed when it started and it was a brand new Windows install.

SSD details:
Intel? SSD 520 Series (180GB, 2.5in SATA 6Gb/s, 25nm, MLC) Specifications

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guyes, my firm purchased a number of HP ProBook laptops with Windows 10 licenses but had them downgraded to Windows 7 as we were not ready to make the move at that time. We are now starting to move to Windows 10 and i would like to find out how to do this on these machines. I initially thought it would just be a matter of me running the windows 10 install from disk which came with the laptop and that the Product key would be picked up automatically from the laptop BIOS/Secure partition. When i did this the Windows 10 would not activate. I did factory restore back to Windows 7, then upgraded from it and that worked. My question is can I not do a clean install? I would prefer this to minimise any knock on effects an upgrade might presesnt. Thanks in advance
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all I really need help with this situation please.
I just now downgraded to windows 7 ultimate x64 from windows 8 pro x64 now the problem is I cant install any driver, I did a clean installation formatted primary partition of windows 8 and installed windows 7 ultimate. What to do now please when I go to driver folder I downloaded from hp support drivers the pc cant read the cva file of installation and im stuck with it no nothing can be installed whenever I press on it I get the open with option, I cant connect to internet wireless or with cable ive attached some pictures I hope someone help me. I did a clean installation thrice and same problem
My laptop is HP pavilion g6 1320se which came with windows 7 and supports windows 8 too I got tired of windows 8 and decided to downgrade and this what happened

A:Downgraded from windows 8 pro and I have major problems

Are you using your HP Recovery Disk's?

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

How to use HP Recovery:
Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7) | HP? Support
How to make HP Recovery DVD disks:
Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows Vista) | HP? Support

How to make HP Recovery USB disk:
Using the Downloadable USB Recovery Flash Disk Creation Utility HP Pavilion dv6700z CTO Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support

You can Order HP Recovery Disks from here:
Country-Language Selector | HP? Support
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi my laptop came pre loaded with Windows and after Windows Can downgraded? my laptop be pre-installed 8 spending months getting my head around it i really can stand it more so the spec is designed to play gaming but after finding that some games wont load because its running on windows and Cod masters confirmed to me by email they have no plans of making a patch for windows i want to be Can my pre-installed Windows 8 laptop be downgraded? able to downgrade it However this is my dilemma I purchased the laptop from Currys PCworld as i work there Asus themselves have pritty much confirmed that a recovery media cannot be created on the windows machine which is stupid because what if the hdd failed no OS and no Recovery partition So by downgrading i have no means of recovering the system if it fails during the downgrade or have no means of re installing windows back on if i want to in the future once they sort themselves out Also its still within its years warranty so how would the manufactures take it if it was downgraded and hardware issue occurred with the system more so i took out PC worlds What ever happens care plan but i don't believe it covers for software issues I need to know if it can be downgraded and will the drivers still work for the mechine Can my pre-installed Windows 8 laptop be downgraded? even though the laptop was made with Windows on it Thanks guys

A:Can my pre-installed Windows 8 laptop be downgraded?

From ASUSTek:

My new machine is preloaded with Windows 8. Can I downgrade it to Windows 7?

No,downgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 7 is not an option.

Windows 8 can create recovery media. Hit the Win key + X then select Control panel, All Control Panel Items (i.e., show small icons), Recovery. The reason that there is no OEM recovery partition per se is that Windows 8 has its own recovery file area.
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey Everyone,
I recently downgraded an HP Pavilion Notebook 17-e116dx from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Professional. I'm now having two problems. One is that the two USB ports on the left side of the laptop no longer read anything. I saw that there were no drivers for them & had since install the Windows 8.1 drivers for this laptop with no luck. I thought maybe because this laptop doesn't have drivers designed for anything other than Windows 8.1, some of the drivers won't work on Windows 7? Which brings me to the Ethernet Controller driver. That says it's installed, but it says the driver is corrupt. I connected an ethernet cable to my router & there was no connection. Please help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

A:Downgraded to Windows 7 - Driver Problems.

Have you tried The Hp site? No luck?   Stay away from 3rd party software that offers to install these drivers. I notice there are a few. If its not official HP stay away from it.
Relevancy 58.91%

I got an HP 250 G5 notebook with Windows 7 Professional 64 installed and activated by the manufacturer (as it is possible through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro 64). No Producy Key is available, though, being placed only in firmware, I presume, for the Windows 10 derivation. So, the question is if it is in theory possible to re-install Windows 10 Pro 64, with only the original rights and virtual product key, and in which of these ways: Clean install of the OS, with loss of pre-installed programs;Upgrade of the OS;Dual boot system, in case. Thanks in advance!

A:Re-upgrading a Windows 7 Professional 64 Notebook downgraded...

Izram Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!Let me try to answer your questions ... First off, the Free Upgrade of Win10 is long over, so now, you will have to PURCHASE a license to install Win10, no matter how you do it. Second, you CAN do the Win10 Upgrade from Win7, and since HP does supply Win10 drivers for your PC, if you have any driver problems after the Upgrade, you can download the HP drivers from here: Third, techically, dual-boot, that is using the same license for both Win7 and Win10 on the same PC, is not legal -- as the Win10 Upgrade consumes the Win7 license.Good Luck
Relevancy 58.91%

Alright as the problems 8 of couple Downgraded appeared. windows title say i had windows with everything running perfect until i decided to try windows something i regret anyway after i downgraded back to Downgraded windows 8 couple of problems appeared. win i had some weird problems Chrome work under admin privilege only sometimes i show error quot Check for solution quot if run as admin wasn't checked the program wont launch Firefox freeze no matter what i do IE Doesn't work at all uTorrent stop working after couple of days Downgraded windows 8 couple of problems appeared. just like the chrome problem Downgraded windows 8 couple of problems appeared. but it doesn't work with admin privilege Steam act weird ask for updates quot Which i overcome by pressing enter quot and when i exit steam and try to log in later on i have to shut it down from the task manager in the process tab VLC Player stopped working And so on alot of programs which worked perfectly before upgrading is acting weird so i decided to do a fresh installation i have quot Herrins quot CD i cleaned my HDD and reformatted with a fresh installation of windows still the same problem I tried to solve the problems separately some i could quot overcome quot but not solve other i couldn't i tried every thing nothing work TLDR Alot of programs wont launch some launch with admin privilege only after downgrading from windows

A:Downgraded windows 8 couple of problems appeared.

Try Cleaning the HD Drive, using Step one in this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I got a new laptop yesterday, the model is Acer Aspire V3 575G 73ZZ. I didn't like the windows 10 preinstalled with it so I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 on it. However, after the installation is done, none of my Drivers work. I went to search for the Drivers for my model, but they were all for windows 10 and were not compatible with my laptop. I've been trying to install wifi Drivers for the whole night but none of them work on my laptop.Does anyone know what wifi Drivers to install so it can work on windows 7?

Go to Solution.

A:Downgraded Acer Aspire V3 575G to windows 7 but un...

I found the solution to my issue! I did a search on acer and found out that my device is using Atheros Wireless LAN Driver (NFA344) Win 10 64bit, so I did a Google search to find the Win 7 64 bit version for the driver and came across this page: Even though the driver is from Lenovo, but I ran it on my Acer Aspire V3 575G and it worked perfectly. I'm able to connect to the wifi now!

View solution in original post
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I got a new laptop yesterday, the model is Acer Aspire V3 575G 73ZZ. I didn't like the windows 10 preinstalled with it so I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 on it. However, after the installation is done, none of my Drivers work. I went to search for the Drivers for my model, but they were all for windows 10 and were not compatible with my laptop. I've been trying to install wifi Drivers for the whole night but none of them work on my laptop.Does anyone know what wifi Drivers to install so it can work on windows 7?

Go to Solution.

A:Downgraded Acer Aspire V3 575G to windows 7 but un...

I found the solution to my issue! I did a search on acer and found out that my device is using Atheros Wireless LAN Driver (NFA344) Win 10 64bit, so I did a Google search to find the Win 7 64 bit version for the driver and came across this page: Even though the driver is from Lenovo, but I ran it on my Acer Aspire V3 575G and it worked perfectly. I'm able to connect to the wifi now!

View solution in original post
Relevancy 58.91%

I have installed the latest LAN drivers for the pc and even though I have done that the Wireless coneection still wont work I have tried troubleshoot and it keeps saying that I need to plug in a ethernet cable but still no wireless connections. I have a Gateway NE56R41u and to get to the driver menu on the official gaetway website you have to click notebook but still the problem persists and no matter how many times I try I still cannot get the Wifi connections to show up at all.

A:Downgraded to windows 7 and now wireless connection error

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Which Driver did you try to Install for the Wireless Card ? ... Did you Install the Launch Manager ? ...
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, Im using a HP Pavilion Pavilion dv7.  Missing alot of drivers, including all network adapters.  The ones from HP support did not work.  Could you give me a link for this? PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_1636103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_1636103CPCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&CC_028000 PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&CC_0280

A:Downgraded to windows 7 from 8.1 mising now im missing drive...

Hi: You need this driver... This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink Wireless LAN Controllers in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp57538.exe
Relevancy 58.91%

Will I be able to do this while keeping all my programs and settings? As I have put A lot of time into configuring my pc to how I want it.

A:Upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate RC to windows 7 Ultimate Official Release

Please see -->

Regards. . .

Relevancy 58.48%

Ever since today, my windows vista has had a black screen and no Internet connections. And it looks like a different version of windows for some reason. The only thing I did to change my computer was add a new wireless keyboard and mouse, and when I came home there was no Internet, so when I restarted my computer it looked different and had a black screen...

Edit - for some reason, it's blue now.

Picture of my computer -

A:Black Screen and No Internet Connections? + Downgraded Windows look

Save the tool on a USB Flash drive Download the tool below on a PC that has Internetrun the tool on the Vista machine

Farbar Service Scanner

Click here Farbar Service Scanner to DOWNLOAD

Place file into your desktop

Place a check mark next to the following options
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Press the Scan button

Farbar Service Scanner will create a log, called FSS.txt, on the Desktop. Upload the FSS.txt with your reply
Relevancy 57.19%

Purchased OptiPlex 3040 with Windows 7 Factory downgrade install.  Now want to install Windows 10 from the Dell supplied OEM DVD.
Have followed these instructions
and these
but neither of them work.
After changing the BIOS settings & re-booting I get a Dell SupportAssist screen with a white cross inside a red circle and the only option is a shutdown button.
Anyone else experienced this and have a solution ?
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I just downgraded my laptop from windows 10 to windows 8.1. but it wasn't showing atheros Wireless 9462 driver. so under unknown devices i forcefully installed it. but now it detects wireless connection but does not connect. tried every solution but still not working. can someone suggest a solution to the problem.
Relevancy 55.47%

hi.i have HP Pavilion g7-2300er Notebook wich was originally with indows 8 I downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7.. all my drivers were erased and cant find  wifi or internet drivers please help

A:Hi . I downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7..

Hi: First install the amd chipset drivers and restart the PC.  You want the 1st driver on the list. This driver will install the smbus and usb3 controllers. Graphics:  Install and restart the PC.  1st driver on the list. Audio: This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp56460.exe Ethernet: This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp56461.exe  I don't know what model wireless network card your notebook has.  Please post the hardware ID for the device you see labeled as a Network Controller in the device manager. To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the device you see listed as a Network Controller. That is the wireless card that needs the driver. Click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.
Relevancy 55.47%

I own several computers. Some PC's and a mid-2010 iMac 27 inch. Windows 10 upgrade worked fine on my PC's. After I signed up for the upgrade on my iMac Bootcamp running Windows 7 Ultimate, Apple announced it will not support my particular iMac version. I
have tried to no avail to stop the Windows 10 upgrade, which has failed several times. I have uninstalled Windows updates associated with the upgrade: KB 3035583, KB 3033929, and KB2952664, and hidden them in Windows Update. Any suggestions as to how to stop
Windows 10 upgrade? Any work around to install the upgrade on my iMac?

Thanks, Jeff
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello!I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15r Special Edition with Windows 8 as it's default operating system. Since I don't like it that much, I plan to format the hard drive (by going into computer-> Right click on C: -> Format) and then to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it.After the clean installation procedure, I was wondering if I could simply insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc into the optical drive and intall the drivers like I would normally do.Therefore, the real question would be: Will the Windows 8 drivers provided by Dell be compatible with Windows 7?Thank you very much everyone.FatLord

A:Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

I did find this one "Inspiron 15R SE 7520" If that is your model then the Dell website has Windows 7 64bit drivers and Windows 8 64 bit drivers available for download.

I would use the Windows 7 Drivers for windows 7, Just download them ahead of time and burn them to a CD or store on a flash drive so you will have them handy to use.

I would also have my Antivirus ready to install before I went on the Internet.

3rd point. Windows will prevent you from formatting the drive it is installed on. So you have to do it during the install process.

Good Luck
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a desktop running Windows 7, with a second hard drive that I want to use to backup my laptops. The laptops are able to access the network, the internet, and the printers attached to the network. However, when I try to backup to the "backup" the laptop drive, I am asked for a login and password. The default setting is no password required for file and printer sharing. My laptop is running Vista Ultimate. I have NOT set up a login and password for the desktop. How do I access the files on the desktop from the laptop, so I can backup the laptop?

A:networking Windows 7 Ultimate and Vista Ultimate cannot access shared folder
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello. I build this computer a year ago and upgraded slightly each time I had the chance. I upgraded to WINDOWS 10 and worked find for a while until my os corrupted and I then installed WINDOWS 7. I lost all my drivers but luckely i had the cds. But as I went to get my wifi card cd I couldnt find it. I tried looing everywhere but I couldnt find it. So i got my brothers laptop and googled my drivers but couldnt find them. Please help.

*Extra info*
On device manager i get the following values for the hardware ids

On multiple programs the device decription says "802.11n Wiresless LAN card"
Manufacture: Ralink Technology,Corp"
Please help asap. Can give more info if needed
Relevancy 54.61%

Can I upgrade from Windows ultimate 32bit ver 6.1 ( build 7600) to windows 7 ultimate 64bit edition and keep all of my installed programs and files ?

[meaning not having them moved to a new folder called windows.old]

A:Upgrading from Windows ultimate 32bit to Ultimate 64bit

No, you will need to do a clean install.
Windows 7 Upgrade Paths - FAQ
Relevancy 54.61%

So my motherboard fried and i had to get a new one and when my board failed it crashed my hard drive. After I installed my new mobo, it was bsod looping on startup and wouldn't repair so I tried reinstalling 7 as it was my current os and it wouldnt work as it is an upgrade cd. I tried installing vista which came with my pc and it gets stuck at 0%. I then put xp on and upgraded to vista from xp. Now i have a working vista ultimate 32 bit os but it wont upgrade to 7 and yes it is compatible as I had it before my hard drive crash. It goes up to copying files at 35% and freezes for a while until I get an error code: 0x80070017 Please help!!! Thanks!

P.S. I bought my windows 7 cd not downloaded it.

A:Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit upgrade from vista ultimate gets stuck on 35%

Bump :( I really need help plz!
Relevancy 54.61%

So I have this OEM disk of windows vista that I bought when it came out. I want to format a computer and install windows 7 64bit ultimate on it. How do I go about using my vista liscence key for that? Is it possible to do a key transfer or something? Microsoft's website is all about windows 8 and I cant find any information

A:Vista 32 bit ultimate liscence key to windows 7 64bit ultimate

Quote: Originally Posted by astanar

I want to format a computer and install windows 7 64bit ultimate on it. How do I go about using my vista liscence key for that? Is it possible to do a key transfer or something?

You can't, you will need to buy a Windows 7 licence.
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys

I just got a final version (The one that arrives on october 22nd) dvd with Windows 7 Ultimate, with both 32bit and 64bit..

But my problem is that everytime i choose 64bit installation in the installation menu, and then choose upgrade, it compatibility checks my pc, and then it says that i cannot install, because its not the same architecture, even tho my pc is able to upgrade to the specified version!

Well, i should be able to upgrade from vista ultimate x64 to 7 ultimate x64, without doing a clean install?

If anyone knows how to solve this, please reply

Oh yeah, my OS i windows ultimate 64bit...

A:Cannot upgrade windows vista ultimate 64bit to windows 7 ultimate 64bit!!!

Run setup while in Windows and you can.

If you run Setup from within Windows:

You can upgrade Windows Vista or Windows 7 Build 7077 or later.
You cannot run x64 Setup on a system running an x86 build of Windows, or vice-versa.
You cannot upgrade Windows XP or any pre-7077 build of Windows 7 (unless you use the workaround I describe later in this post).
You can install Windows 7 on the same volume as an existing Windows version. (I describe the best way to accomplish this in #4.)
You cannot make any changes to the layout of a disk; you must use existing partitions, and Setup will not recognize unallocated space.
If you boot from the Windows 7 DVD:

You cannot upgrade an existing Windows version. Your only option is a custom install.
You can delete existing partitions, create new partitions, extend an existing disk partition to unallocated space, or designate a block of unallocated space as the setup location.
You can install Windows 7 on the same volume as an existing Windows version.
Relevancy 52.89%

the main thing is each and every install nbsp windows update just searches forever and nothing happens after diagnostic tool it says Datastore edb is corrupted and cant be repaired and each time it download the corrupted Datastore edb can they at leats give a proper service pack for windows nbsp bit ultimate that is then uptodate with working windows update that works after a direct standalone install of sp i use windows update pack windows windows it bit update installed and but in has after Windows out 7 new corrpedted Datastore.edb! ultimate retail and allways downloaded 1 it 64 service bugs ultimate bit and i reinstalled the system allready nbsp times each and every time the same problame that Datastore edb is corrupted and windows update just gets stuck i how you can either releasse a service pack so that windows update works again after a direct install of service pack or a windows update that doesnt use data store cause its yepp Not working i use a amd core with a amd hd readon and gb ram both asus motherboard and grafic as it is now windows update is with windows service pack not useable sincierly Christian Madjari
Relevancy 51.6%

I am building a system and put windows 7 ultimate retail on it, but have not activated it yet. The computer is running perfect and i have already installed all drivers, software, etc...

Can i somehow use the Ultimate OEM instead of retail without a clean install?

Probably not needed to know but both are x64.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate retail to Ultimate OEM

You have an OEM ( system builder ) product key as well as a Retail product key?

Should be fine to just enter the system builder key.
Relevancy 51.6%

all you have to do to fix this ^^^^ is to install a program called - Windows Repair I think its up to version 3.2 or 2.2 or sumthing so install that and in the subsection repairs, unchek all other boxes except repair windows update and let it do its thing, I searched for months to try and fix this to no avail n then came across this by accident and fixed it after one restart, I hope this saves a lot of ball ache and fruitless searchin I specialy made this account to post this fix. ATTACHED IS A SCREENSHOT OF THE PROGRAM I MENTIONED