Windows Support Forum

Found generic reader for SD card in 19in 1multi reader AWOL

Q: Found generic reader for SD card in 19in 1multi reader AWOL

I have tried to download some pictures to my Dell Inspiron MT560 from an SD card, using the in-built multi card reader. The reader did not recognise the card and after several attempts I viewed the properties in Device Manager.
For some reason, although drivers for other cards appear, that for the SD card ( and MMC?) does not show at all, even in hidden devices! I am at a loss how that could be and how to rectify problem. Can anyone help please?
In case it is relevant here is info gathered. Generic Driver volume for the other card varieties is
6.1.7600.16385(win7_rtm.090713-1255) and specifically for the SD card USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_Generic-&Prod_SD/MMC&Rev_1.00\058F63626420&0

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Found generic reader for SD card in 19in 1multi reader AWOL

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Found generic reader for SD card in 19in 1multi reader AWOL

Embarrassment squared! My failing brain forgot System Restore.

Basic problem is still to be solved though: the card reader will not recognise the SD card. Hope you'll still help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/360566-found-generic-reader-sd-card-19in-1multi-reader-awol.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Mainboard Asus P problem Card Generic reader L VM intel E Generic Card reader problem core duo Vista premium bit gig ram gb sata drive geforce gt vid card My card reader has apparently stopped working tho I must admit I have not used it in about a month and as tower is at ground level I never noticed that power light on Generic Card reader problem cardreader was not on I don't know the name of the card reader wich was built in when I bought the system last month I've had the card reader out to check for a name but there is none except for a barcode number I do not recognise any names in the device manager which might point to the card reader So I do not know which driver to look for I downloaded a generic driver from Driverguide but am not sure wehther to install it cos is say's os's upwards to Win K Anything else I can check before taking it back to the shop Many Thanks

A:Generic Card reader problem

i get the same problem every couple of weeks you need to unplug it then boot up into vista then plug it back in and it should work if its a similair problem to mine

cheers brad

ps i have noticed when it happens it gets halfway through the bootup and the light goes out and doesnt come back on
when its working properly the light goes out and comes straight back on

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/88331-generic-card-reader-problem.html
Relevancy 99.33%

It also slows down my computer it appears - The driver that was installed automatically says 2006 IC USB Storage-CFC USB Device

this is the hardware ID

under USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE
USB\VID_1019&PID_0C55&REV_0100
USB\VID_1019&PID_0C55

And under one of the Tabs:
USBSTOR\DiskIC______USB_Storage-CFC_301b
USBSTOR\DiskIC______USB_Storage-CFC_
USBSTOR\DiskIC______
USBSTOR\IC______USB_Storage-CFC_3
IC______USB_Storage-CFC_3
USBSTOR\GenDisk
GenDisk

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks all

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9738-generic-card-reader-drivers-installs-but-doesnt-access-sd-card.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hey everyone I am having trouble with my Multi-Card Reader SD Card Reader I am trying to recognizing not my is Windows Reader SD Solved: Reader/ Multi-Card Card take pictures off of my SD card and put them on my computer I have lost my USB cord for the camera and can t locate Solved: Windows is not recognizing my Multi-Card Reader/ SD Card Reader it at this time or I would Solved: Windows is not recognizing my Multi-Card Reader/ SD Card Reader do that So anyway I put the card in the SD card drive and the green light does not come on I then open up My Computer and the drive isn t even listed I checked in Device Manager as well and as far as I know it is not listed in there either If it is then it is under a name that I don t recognize So anyway I would greatly appreciate some help in getting my computer to recognize my Multi-Card Reader SD Card Reader Also I tried these things from my Standard Account Here s my system information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLET Antivirus COMODO Antivirus Updated and EnabledClick to expand nbsp

A:Solved: Windows is not recognizing my Multi-Card Reader/ SD Card Reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-is-not-recognizing-my-multi-card-reader-sd-card-reader.1123454/
Relevancy 97.18%

Change Generic Removable Disk Icons CF MS SD SM etc used by a Card Reader I want to change the generic icon that shows up in the Computer window I found out a registry solution that assigns SD, Removable used Disk SM, etc) by Card MS, Reader Change Generic Icons a (CF. different icons based on the mapped drive Change Generic Removable Disk Icons (CF. MS, SD, SM, etc) used by a Card Reader letter http chris pirillo com in-windows-xp However since I have some computers that have differently mapped drive letters I will need a solution that will identify the mapped removable drive by using a specific device or hardware ID Then once the ID is identified the software or application should apply the custom icons to each corresponding removable drive Currently here is the generic set of icons http www flickr com photos dawpa sizes o As you can see each drive is hard to tell which card type it reads Is there preferably a registry solution that applies icons to a specific ID The card readers are Rosewill RCR- There are no Rosewill drivers I could find that could reassign different icons to the mapped drives

A:Change Generic Removable Disk Icons (CF. MS, SD, SM, etc) used by a Card Reader

Here are the icons that I will be using:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dawpa20...91511/sizes/o/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/change-generic-removable-disk-icons-cf-ms-sd-sm-etc-used-by-a-card-reader-289413.html
Relevancy 96.32%

hi do all digital camera memory cards fit into any card reader? the card that came with my digital camera is by patriot brand and i don't know a lot about this yet so i don't know if it will be compatible with various readers (or, does "size" matter? this one is 256mb storage). thanks for any enlightenment anyone is kind enough to share princi*

Relevancy 92.02%

Windows 7 SP2 Intel desktop PC.
I have a weird 3? slot internal USB card reader problem.
All SD and mSD cards (last with adapter) are recognized normally as storage devices except one Sandisk Extreme Pro 8GB micro SD, which worked normally until 2 weeks ago but still works normally with other external USB card reader.
With internal USB reader all SD cards used to be drive L: and still are L:, except this Sandisk Pro.
When this Sandisk mSd card is inserted nothing happens and looks like Windows considers it as nothing or something else but not a storage device.
Nor computer storage manager doesn't see it in internal card reader.

But when I use external card reader, this Sandisk SD card works normally and is given a letter S:.

It looks like some kind registry numerator of USB devices has listed this SD card ID as not storage device.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

A:SD card stopped working in old reader while reader and card are OK

If it were in the registry as not a valid device, it wouldn't work from the external reader, either. I would check to make sure that you don't have dirty contacts in the internal reader. Sometimes dust can get in there and raise havoc, especially on some SD cards which have more active contacts than others. One dirty contact can make one card not work, while other, low density cards, will.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340058-sd-card-stopped-working-old-reader-while-reader-card-ok.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello I have a question about SD Card Readers I have one the Realtek Card Reader SD an Reader need Card Does 2.0 Driver? where you insert the SD Card and plug in a USB cable to connect it to the computer Does Does an SD Card Reader need the Realtek 2.0 Card Reader Driver? the SD Card use a USB Root Hub to Does an SD Card Reader need the Realtek 2.0 Card Reader Driver? connect or does it use the Realtek Card Reader My real question is if I had accidentally uninstalled my Realtek Card Reader built into the computer will an SD Card Reader connected by USB be able to read the SD Cards Also is there a way I can prevent SD cards from being read through a reader on my computer without uninstalling a USB Hub Driver Like specifically prevent new Drivers from being installed or prevent new SD Cards from being recognized Such as using a free downloadable tool that someone may know about I have tried going to Devices and Printers right clicking on my PC Device Installation Settings then turning off automatic driver installs After I do that and plug in a new device it still auto installs the drivers and can use it

A:Does an SD Card Reader need the Realtek 2.0 Card Reader Driver?

Disable the driver, through Device Manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/344662-does-sd-card-reader-need-realtek-2-0-card-reader-driver.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have just upgraded my windows 8 up to 8.1. I tried to use the usb port on the multicard reader but it doesn't work .I went into device manager and it says it's working fine I will attach some screen shot of the information hope someone can help me resolve this problem

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56913-generic-multicard-reader-wont-work.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have just re-installed windows 8.1 after having trouble tring to get my wireless to work and it fixed it ok but now I find the my Generic multicard reader won't work I have done a couple of screen shots to show you what it says in device manager.When I plug anything into the usb port on the reader nothing happens at all its like its completely dead.

Relevancy 81.7%

Do you guys remember when Adobe Reader was just this nice simple little PDF file reader I had such a problem with Adobe Reader and the site that I manage with all of Adobe Reader s add-on crap that my once fine Adobe Reader that came in at MB s with version came in at over I kid you not I m sick of software companies piling on all this extra crap that has nothing to do with the performance or enhancement of the product A PDF reader should be to Just HATE Adobe Reader? PDF 9) Was Remember When Basic Reader (I VERSION A read files That s it I don t need some graphic enhancing garbage window washing calender singing man Find Blimpy The Clown game install the optional toolbar crap Remember When Adobe Reader Was Just A Basic PDF Reader? (I HATE VERSION 9) Luckily I was able to uninstall version and go back to version with the within the program Than I read at Adobe s site that there were some critical security patches for Reader Well Adobe if you would focus Remember When Adobe Reader Was Just A Basic PDF Reader? (I HATE VERSION 9) on Remember When Adobe Reader Was Just A Basic PDF Reader? (I HATE VERSION 9) the product necessities rather than the unrelated garbage performance might be enhanced instead of hindered I can t wait to see what Blimpy The Clown does in Version UGGHHH Jack nbsp

A:Remember When Adobe Reader Was Just A Basic PDF Reader? (I HATE VERSION 9)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remember-when-adobe-reader-was-just-a-basic-pdf-reader-i-hate-version-9.815523/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I m in an environment where we view IE Reader Reader to online use make 6 6: Acrobat PDFs? 5, how to need to upgrade to Acrobat but due to time constraints not enough IT folks we can t upgrade everyone to the full version of Acrobat right away Already one department has upgraded doc control the folks who are the distributors of the documents Several other departments and probably a few clients are now having problems opening PDF files online using Acrobat Reader so we need a quick solution Upgrading to Reader is it On my own machine I downloaded Reader from the Adobe web site and installed the program However when I go to view a PDF online MSIE still tries to view the PDF using Acrobat Not Reader Acrobat I had thought that when Reader was installed this would be set up by default What do I need to do to have MSIE use Reader to view online PDFs I have to leave the full version of Acrobat installed and functioning for PDF editing and creation nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acrobat-5-reader-6-how-to-make-ie-use-reader-6-to-view-online-pdfs.254935/
Relevancy 81.7%

Good day,
Got my new and shiny E7470, but there is some trouble in paradise.
Is there a way to improve fingerprint reader? This thing is complete <profanity>. Half of the time it does not recognize the finger and when it recognized, it just takes too long. Updated all drivers and software to the latest, as per dell support suggestion. Still <profanity> :D My old Vostro 3350 FP reader works better in any case.
And the second question is, can the nfc read tags? Installed a couple of programs from windows store, but they do not show the tags info. When the sound is on and I place a tag on the reader, there is chime and that is all. Device manager shows, that device is active and working without problems.
NFC card should be Mifare Plus.

A:How to improve fingerprint reader and can the nfc reader read tags? e7470

Received my E7470 few days ago same exact problem. Go to Dell Support website download and reinstall the Chipset Drivers 10.1.1.9 ,A01
Seems there is problem after updating the ControlVault driver. This fixed my issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19681269
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi there
I've just installed Foxit PDF reader -- It works fine -- now am uninstalling Adobe pdf reader.
Don't know whats up with adobe these days --if I could find a decent alternative to Photoshop I would --Note the GIMP is fine but I NEED photoshop unfortunately --it's still the best out there in spite of Adobe's messing up the latest releases of its software.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Foxit Reader works fine -- uninstalling Adobe pdf reader

I've used Foxit reader, but it wasn't totally compatible with Adobe Acrobat created PDF files, but in most cases it sufficed quite well. As for Photoshop replacements, there are a few others available and PaintShop Pro is not a bad alternative, though when Corel bought it out initially, it completely stuffed things up. I understand that it's fixed a lot of update issues etc in that time and it's leagues cheaper than Photoshop.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21931-foxit-reader-works-fine-uninstalling-adobe-pdf-reader.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi there for E-reader users who want to change say kindle mobi format to epub epub - mobi e-reader formats (FREE) etc lit, Also program e-reader to open standard or lit ms reader to epub plus a load of other conversions then this excellent FREE program does the job with flying colours and works on W as well If you will eventually be a Windows R tablet user the e-reader program itself could also be useful for you in reading e-books on your tablet instead of lit, mobi etc e-reader formats to epub - Also e-reader program (FREE) your e-reader Mobi DRM'D stuff will have to be quot De Drm'd quot before conversion - but tools to do that are lit, mobi etc e-reader formats to epub - Also e-reader program (FREE) available anywhere Since I've swapped the old Kindle for what I prefer the new Sony T e-reader --much clearer screen supports PDF txt epub I needed to convert a load of old kindle files Has an external micro sdhc card GB and supports drag and drop via usb - so I've converted a load of my old e-books to epub - and lit, mobi etc e-reader formats to epub - Also e-reader program (FREE) with PDF support I can store my Office documents on it too The e-reader functionality of the quot conversion quot program is good too - so you can enjoy your e-books on your computer tablet too calibre - E-book management Thankfully the use of DRM seems to be diminishing -- I should be able to copy e-books I've PAID for to a new device without having to trace and re-download all the old stuff again -- I don't have to restricrt playing a DVD or CD to a single device or be restricted to reading a physical book only in the same room so why should e-books be restricted to a single device which will eventually wear out want replacing etc I don't mind DRM on quot Borrowing from the library quot type of apps - but once you've PAID for something then it's B S - fortunately it does seem to be going away cheers jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/8994-lit-mobi-etc-e-reader-formats-epub-also-e-reader-program-free.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Today I seem to have contracted Trojan horse Generic21.ALDP. I can't find much info about this on-line.

What happened is that my Adobe reader 10 was disabled and when I clicked on my Adobe Reader 10 icon, I think it downloaded a trojan???

Now, a "Resident Shield Alert" which APPEARS to be (but may not be) part of AVG, keeps appearing with a "Multiple Threat Detection" list.

The list indicates just shows Trojan horse Generic21.ALDP over and over and seems to want me to force its removal. Whenever I close the "Resident Shield Alert," it pops up again just a few seconds later.

Is this a new one? What to do?

A:Trojan Horse Generic 21.ALDP - in Adobe Reader 10.0

I am infected as well and I cannot uninstall adobe X in safe mode or regular.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384137/trojan-horse-generic-21aldp-in-adobe-reader-100/
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm considering changing from Adobe Reader to Foxit Reader because of all the problems Adobe seems to be having.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

A:Change from Adobe Reader to Foxit Reader

Most people that know there is an alternative and are not required to have adobe switch. Another alternative I use which I like even better than FoxIt and also free is PDF-XCHANGE VIEWER.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285086/change-from-adobe-reader-to-foxit-reader/
Relevancy 79.55%

Anyone using this foxit?????? Is it worthwhile?????????? Thanks

Relevancy 79.55%

What are your reviews on Foxit Reader?Small Question: Can Foxit Reader view PDF files inside IE just like Adobe Reader?Edit:I was reading one of the reviews in Download.com and the user says:"Danger: Create a restore point if you have to install!"by (Name Removed) on November 26, 2008 Pros: Unknown. In order to do anything that Adobe reader doesn't already do - better, you must install other spyware-laden crap.Cons: Created a toolbar that would not uninstall, even after uninstalling program. Created unasked for shortcuts and entries in favorites.Does it really do this?

A:Should I replace Adobe Reader with Foxit Reader?

I have used foxit reader for awhile now and have not had a problem, I love it.. Yes it does open PDF file in IE as well as in Firefox

And the only reason that guy said about the toolbar is because he installed it!! It does not come prepackaged with it!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182435/should-i-replace-adobe-reader-with-foxit-reader/
Relevancy 79.55%

I noticed that i have these 2 programs (abbyy reader and Adobe reader 8). Do i need both of them for it run properly? I would like to only keep Adobe Reader 8 as i have files saved with this program. Please let me know if i can get rid of the Abbyy.
Thanks

Relevancy 78.26%

Running 64 bit on an HP entertainment laptop that happens to have a fringerprint reading on it.

Everything works just fine except the fingerprint reader. Win 7 does not recognize the device.

Roll

A:Anyone found a fringerprint reader for Win 7

I have a HP Pavilion dv7-1199, with a fingerprint reader from Validity Sensors Inc., using DigitalPersona 4.0 software running on Windows 7 64-bit RC build 7100. I'm using it all the time to log on to my computer and onto websites containing sensitive personal information like my bank and credit cards.

Please fill you computer specs, at least give a full model of your notebook and we'll see if I'm able to help you.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/19427-anyone-found-fringerprint-reader-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Win Professional x EMET amp Adobe Acrobat Reader were working together Not sure what my EMET mitigation settings were for Reader Upgraded 5.5 to Reader causes Reader is if in 11 fail Acrobat Mode" DC EMET "Protected enabled Adobe to EMET and now I get a message when launching Adobe Reader saying quot Adobe Acrobat Reader DC cannot be opened in Protected Mode due to an incompatibility with your system configuration Would you like to open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC with Protected Mode disabled quot If I select open with Protected Mode disabled Adobe still crashes for certain operations My default EMET settings for AcroRd exe are everything checked except ASR If I disable all mitigations in EMET Adobe Reader works normally If I return mitigations to default and then additionally disable EAF the problem persists although I found a post saying that fixed the issue in earlier versions EMET 5.5 causes Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 11 to fail if "Protected Mode" is enabled in Reader of EMET Question Is there a custom set of mitigations that enable Reader to work or should I disable Reader mitigations in EMET or should I disable Protected Mode in Reader or should I use a different PDF viewer like SumatraPDF Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8f751b6-c544-48a2-88bf-537bc54d78d3/emet-55-causes-adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-11-to-fail-if-quotprotected-modequot-is-enabled-in?forum=emet
Relevancy 76.54%

I use IE6 and Firefox 3. Do I have to? What are the up's and down's?

A:Do I have to upgrade from Adobe Reader 7 to Reader 9?

Er...anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182922/do-i-have-to-upgrade-from-adobe-reader-7-to-reader-9/
Relevancy 76.54%

I was working on my home computer yesterday and got a notice saying that Adobe Reader wanted to update. I allowed it to update and for the first time I realized that I have PDF Reader on my computer as well. Can someone tell me if there is any difference between the two? Should I go ahead and uninstall one of them? Both are the free version but they do take up space. Thanks.

A:What's the difference between PDF Reader and Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader (current version is 11.0.13) is the most popular and most used PDF reader out there, but there are several others.
It's one of the "must have" programs that I install in every computer that I own or service.
Most of the on-line guides, manuals, etc. are in PDF format, so you need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader to be able to open and view them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-the-difference-between-pdf-reader-and-adobe-reader.1158009/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi Guys,
I was thinking if anyone can help me with this.
I would like to know if there is any setting under Group Policy preferences to set Adobe reader as the default pdf reader.
Server :  Windows server 2012 Standard 
Client : Windows 8 
Windows 8 comes with a WIndows PDF reader and we do not want this to be the default program.
Any suggestions to set Adobe reader to default ? or either disabling windows reader ? Many Thanks !!

Cheers,
Pavan

A:GPO to set adobe reader as default PDF reader

Thanks a lot for your post,
Just discovered another way of fixing this issue.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mrmlcgn/archive/2013/02/26/windows-8-associate-a-file-type-or-protocol-with-a-specific-app-using-a-gpo-e-g-default-mail-client-for-mailto-protocol.aspx

Cheers ,

Pavan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb5cff0b-eca9-487d-aa69-0f555becf236/gpo-to-set-adobe-reader-as-default-pdf-reader?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 76.54%

I am trying to use this card reader on both 2K and XP. On both machines, the pc recognizes the reader, and assigns a drive. However, I am stuck on the message that says "Insert disk into drive F:" - it's not reading the smart media card. Any ideas? think it's a bad reader?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/travel-reader-usb-reader-writer.143426/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a PC with a built-in media card reader, and when I use the compact flash portion of that reader a certain program is always launched. I would imagine that initially I indicated which program to open. Is there any change to change that program? Thanks.

A:Program Association with Compact Flash card in media card reader

whats the program that opens up? And what are the file types?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-association-with-compact-flash-card-in-media-card-reader.443217/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

I have a "SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash" 4GB card and an internal card reader (HP desktop). When I insert the card into the reader, the green light above the slot turns on as if it recognizes the device, but it doesn't show up. Device Manager says that the driver is installed and working properly, and I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and restarted my computer. A system restore isn't really an option because it isn't my computer.

Any idea how I can fix this? Could it matter that I'm not on the Admin account on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internal-card-reader-not-recognizing-card-driver-is-working-properly-674442.html
Relevancy 74.82%

hiyall

do i physicaly instal front panel card reader and a usb 2 x4 pci card before 1st boot of bios and before new install of win 7 64 , or after ?
please and thanks

A:Install front panel card reader and a USB 2x4 PCI card before first boot?

Before. Did you get a driver(s) CD with the card reader?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-front-panel-card-reader-and-a-usb-2x4-pci-card-before-first-boot.175140/
Relevancy 74.82%

My card reader on my compaq presario SR1050NX isnt reading my digital camera card. I have been useing it lots and today i put the card in the reader and the light comes on but the box to import the pictures didnt pop up and i looked under my computer (it is drive G) and it insnt detecting the card but i did yesterday.

Help me please

Thanks

A:My card reader isnt reading my digital camera card

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-card-reader-isnt-reading-my-digital-camera-card.385417/
Relevancy 74.82%

My laptop is unable to read my new 16GB Micro SDHC when it's plugged into a USB card reader. The card reader is a Digitus, model number DA-70310. My computers operating system is Windows XP.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Relevancy 74.82%

My Notebook ist a Satellite Pro L770-144 and the IO ist Windows 8 Pro 64bit.
The SD-Card-Reader recognize any cards. I had installed the Card Reader Controller from Realtek with the Version 6.1.7600.30126 an Windows 8.
But the cards are not recognized.
In Windows 7 it ??works.

Does anyone have an idea?
Greetings and Thanks
Leo L.

A:Satellite Pro L770-144: Win 8 card reader doesn't recogize SD card

Hi

First question:
Is card reader recognized in the device manager properly?
If its not recognized, then you used a wrong driver.

If its recognized, the driver has been installed properly and there is another reason why SD cards cannot be used.

As far as I know the card reader of Satellite Pro L770 handles different kind of cards and different sizes.
SD: 8MB-2GB
SDHC: 4GB-32GB
SDXC: 64GB
Memory Stick: 128MB-256MB
Memory Stick Pro: 512MB-2GB
xD Card: No
mini SD: 8MB-2GB
micro SD: 8MB-2GB
CompactFlash: No
SmartMedia: No

As you can see supported SD cards: 8MB ? 2GB
It seems bigger SD cards are NOT supported.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72261-Satellite-Pro-L770-144-Win-8-card-reader-doesn-t-recogize-SD-card
Relevancy 74.82%

Microsoft assured me that my Windows 7 laptop (Latitude E6510) was ready to upgrade to Windows 10.  In a way, it was... but only after I upgraded did I see Dell's caution that this model was not verified to work 100% with Windows 10.
Almost everything works (sound didn't work initially, but I found a fix online that helped), but clearly new drivers are required which recognize and drive the PC Card reader, the SD card reader, and even the CD/DVD drive.  The CD drive won't even open when pressed, nor is it recognized as a drive by Windows 10. 
Yes, these inputs can all be accessed via external USB drives,  but please provide new drivers, Dell.  For those with this model on the fence about upgrading, determine how much you need these built-in readers/drive!

A:Latitude E6510: Windows 10 works, but not CD/PC card/SD card reader

I've just upgraded my Latitude E6510 to windows 10. Most of the drivers refuse to run as they cant recognise W10 OS. I suggest anyone thinking of the upgrade not to at this stage. The Dell Driver downloads area warns of this.
Right now I have a non working keyboard, mouse pad, backlight. My biggest concern is the Nvidea graphics drivers wont install so I have fuzzy text with some of my programs (not all).
I am surprised MS allowed me to download W10?? I'm going to waste another day trying to fix this up or I'm going to have to reinstall W7. Very unproductive-not happy

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19646626
Relevancy 74.82%

In the boot sequence the SD Card reader is third -- after the SSD and the CD/DVD.  It is third in BIOS and third after pressing F12 during POST.  With a card in the SD Card Reader boot fails with what I call a green screen.  When I ran the repair CD with the SD card in the slot, the message was that the boot sector was corrupt.  Why is BIOS trying to read the SD Card instead of the SSD?  The SD card is SanDisk Ultra II SD 4 15 MB/s 2GB.  Please let me know when a new version of BIOS is available. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990696
Relevancy 74.82%

My computer does not see a sd card removal, therefore does not see one inserted.
I'm using the "safe to remove" icon to remove.
My thumb drives are starting to act up also.
Is this a software or hardware problem?
Thanks,
Jim

A:usb/sd card reader

My computer has a "safe removal" icon for my sd cards and thumb drives, and after clicking them for removal, it does not show them as removed.
The thumbs are recognized and readable so far, but it won't recognize a card.
Is this a software or hardware problem?
Thanks,
Jim

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-sd-card-reader-595573.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello there A year or ago or so I built myself a new PC I thought it would be a good idea to take the in cardreader from my old PC to the new self built one My old PC had Windows XP and the card reader worked just fine on that one However the Reader in 1 5 Card card reader hasen't worked ever since I put it on this PC and installed Windows Ultimate x on it Looking at this website I found a reasonable amount of topics regarding this issue however it were almost all about notebooks which mine isn't I attempted to install the SD Host Adapter using Device Manager in Windows self but that didn't help much It does show a yellow ' ' so that means I need a driver If anyone could be so kind to find me a driver I'd be very happy Here is the hardware ID I hope it's the good one pci ven amp dev amp subsys f it appears to be by 'Ricoh' Thanks in advantage

A:5 in 1 Card Reader

The driver ID identifies the device as:
SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller (Ricoh)

A quick search shows driver versions that only go up to XP (old device).

I found this:
SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

It may be necessary to run the driver install exe in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP.
Compatibility Mode

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/137901-5-1-card-reader.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum.

A couple of days ago i got a 1 gig sd card. Everything worked fine in my IPAQ6315 and then it stopped recognizing the card. I got a sandisk 5in1 usb2 card reader, and the card doesnt want to be read on this either. I tried to open up the drive through my computer, but it hangs for a couple of minutes, then it gives me this error message "this device can not be opened due to a i/o device error". does this mean my card is toast? or does it need to be reformatted? and if it does need to be reformatted, how can i do that since the drive on my computer gives me that error message, even when i right click and try to go to format. thanks for any help.

A:sd card reader

It's a bad sign. Did the card reader ever recognize the card? Did you try reformatting it on the IPAQ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-reader.399392/
Relevancy 74.82%

hi, i have an acer extensa 4420-5239 and i just installed windows 7 64 bit and i can't find a card reader installer that works on here.

i tried the one on the acer site and its designed for x86 and doesn't recognize my card when i put it in the slot, can anyone help me find a driver? i would be sooo thankful.

thank you.

A:Card reader

A card reader is a cord that you attach to you labtop/pc into your usb port. At the end of the cord you can insert your card into the card reader. Most new printers have a card reader so if you have a printer, you might want to check that. Some labtop/pcs have these as well, but as always in the front of your pc.
============================================
robin hood
cable internet provider

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.851861/
Relevancy 74.82%

My SD card reader stopped working after installing Windows 10.  I have a Pavilion g7-1260 Notebook.

A:SD card reader

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W10 card reader driver directly from Realtek. Download, unzip and run the setup application file from 1st item listed at the link below. http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SD-card-reader/td-p/5759231
Relevancy 74.82%

my SD card reader and the MS card reader have stopped working, any help

A:SD and MS card reader

There is no help whatsoever when you do not post the OS version,  Make and Model,  of your dell.
A common reason for these to stop working is malware infection.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981331
Relevancy 74.82%

have HP pavillion and win7 home premium and card reader stopped working got it working twice but stoped after using a few times,need help

A:HP card reader

Is that HP Pavilion a desktop or a laptop/notebook?

What model number is it?

What's the part/product number(P/N) on it?

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-card-reader.1134204/
Relevancy 74.82%

hi guys,
i've got a Apacer 15-in 1 card reader on a brand spanking new XP pro sys... for some reason when i insert a SD card -there is no action...
my other usb ports work and show up when something is inserted, but not the card reader.
I also don't have any icons or any way to access it --software-wise anyway. I dont think this needs drivers as its sposed to be hot-swappable....... Should I have a disc for it? (i dont)
Any thoughts or inputs are of course greatly appreciated
Mucho appreciado
LadyAudio

Relevancy 74.82%

I believe I have a driver problem. The problem being that the driver thinks it works but it doesn't. My card reader on my advent 5401 does not work. I know it's a software problem because when I run my system under linux it works fine. The driver I have installed is Texas Instruments PCIxx12 2.006. (I have already uninstalled and updated it.) I don't use my card reader often but I kind of would still like it to work.

A:card reader

Go to device manager and look for any yellow markers by the driver, if none, try to roll back to previous version. New is not always best

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293062-card-reader.html
Relevancy 74.82%

How do I fix my SD card reader?  It will not read any card.  It says in device manager that it is working properly.  I tried uninstalingl and reinstalling it but still nothing.   I tried to update the driver and it searches and locks up.  Realtek PCIE card reader

What model laptop? Some card readers are a separate part which is not too expensive or difficult to replace. Others are soldered to the motherboard and are much more difficult to replace. You may also have a diagnostic program on the computer that will help tell if it is bad hardware or software. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SD-card-reader/td-p/5831130
Relevancy 74.82%

i have a 15 in one card reader and it just quit working The power light is still on but the drives are no longer listed this has happened before but came back with a restart didn't work this time be the way Vista 64 system any help would be great

A:Card Reader

Try unplugging the connection to the motherboard and plugging it back in. Sometimes that works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.846679/
Relevancy 74.82%

Well my BSOD is back with a vengeance. My previous post indicated it was card reader problem and maybe norton. I uninstalled norton but the BSOD is back even worse.

Couldn't get the newest card reader drivers to install, device not found.

Just realised the pc doesn't recognise any cards, it is a 5 in 1 reader. It isn't listed in device manager either. Why doesn't it show up?

Initial post and details here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...lease-0-a.html
PB oneTwo 6020

I suspect that there's a problem with the card reader

To test if it's the card reader:
- unplug the system from the wall
- open the case
- disconnect the card reader by unplugging it from the motherboard
- test for further BSOD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110816-card-reader.html
Relevancy 74.82%

When I connect my card reader to the USB port the commuter slows to snail pace so slow the only way to get rid is to press power button, any ideas
Thanks
XP pro

What model is the card reader, and have you installed the proper drivers/software for it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.243117/
Relevancy 74.82%

HI

Does any one know if you can get card readers for a PDA, will a normal one work or should I think of a differant way to store my photos when on holiday.
Cheers

Stormfuzz

You mean for the cards you'd use in a PDA? If so the answer is yes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.442320/
Relevancy 74.82%

The internal card reader is performing at about 40 Mbs, as the machine is USB3 I was expecting higher transfer rates, I can not find the specs of the card reader anywhere.  I do not realy want another external card reader. Does anyone know the design speeds of the internal card reader?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/550-256-card-reader/td-p/5807440
Relevancy 74.82%

Purchased a Vivitar USB SDHC card reader/writer. My Dell desktop (W7), Dell desktop (XP) and Acer laptop (W7) will not recognize this reader. Other machines such as my son's Dell laptop will recognize the reader and you can view the photos. Does anyone know how to remedy this situation? Thanks, Gary16735

Gary16735

I've removed the unnecessary empty space between your post and your name at the bottom. Please don't leave gaps like this in the future as it causes unnecessary scrolling. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.997543/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have been given a digital photo frame and basically want to know if I buy a card reader can I suck out my photos already on my computer in Picasa etc and put them on the memory card to play through the photo frame, if so, which card reader is recommended.

A:card reader, new to this

The 2 photo frames I've had both had USB sockets - very useful for flash disks onto which you can transfer your pictures - after ensuring that the pictures are in a format (such as .jpg) that the frame can read.
If you're using cards I THINK a card reader can only READ already-recorded cards ( i.e. like the frame does) - but don't take my word for that. I use Windows 98SE principally and haven't found card reader drivers that will work on that OS.
The frame I have now will display pictures transferred to card in my MP3/MP4 player from PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader-new-to-this.665198/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, Please accept my apology if this question has been asked before. I am not very computer savy. I just know enough to get myself in trouble. The problem is it appears the sd card reader on my new HP Pavilion laptop is not recognizing the sd card from my Sony camera.  I insert it into the slot and get nothing.  My first question is, will it simply not read the sd card from my camera as they are different kinds of cards. My HP Envy desk top computer reads the card from my camera fine but my new laptop doesn't. I downloaded the Realtek card reader wizzard  as suggested on other posts but it didn't help. Can anyone help this computer dummy?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/sd-card-reader/td-p/5690288
Relevancy 74.82%

My card reader does not work, and I don't see it listed in Device Functions. I am running Win 10.  Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-500-c60-card-reader/td-p/5716434
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Lenovo 3000 9690 A.  I totally understand that  this PC is just about obsolete but when the hard drive went out a couple of months ago, I bought a larger drive and re-installed my Vista OS.  I know what everyone is thinking but I loved this PC. Anyway, I just discovered that my SD card readers are not working for some reason and can't figure out why. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be and what I can do to get the SD readers to function again? I would be really appreciative of any help someone could provide. Thanks.

Lenovo Desktop 3000, Vista Home Premium2 GB Memory 320 GB Hard Drive

A:SD Card Reader

are you sure that you had re-installed the drivers for your sd card reader after reinstalling windows?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/SD-Card-Reader/td-p/1138553
Relevancy 74.82%

I just bought an HP P7-1414 with Wins 8. When I insert my SD card, the window that should popup to ask to what you want to do with the memory card doesn't popup. I can see it in "Computer" and can access it there but I don't have the choice of what to do. How do I get the popup to work?

Hello!

Go to the Start Screen, and type in autoplay. Then on the right side, click over to Settings, then hit enter.

You can then go through and change settings for each removable media type. For example, you can set it to ask you every time to get that notification toast again.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16825-sd-card-reader.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Toshiba A135 that came with Vista. I had no problem with the SD Card Reader until I did a clean install of Windows 7.

Is there a driver that needs to be installed to get the SD Reader to work?

I went to Toshiba and looked for new drivers that might be needed, but the the ones I downloaded still didn't fix the problem.

Thanks ...

A:SD Card Reader

You do need a driver for the SD card. However, you can use a utility Toshiba has to verify you have all of your drivers installed.

Just go to support.toshiba.com; select your laptop model and download the Toshiba Software Installer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/50143-sd-card-reader.html
Relevancy 74.82%

SD in Card Reader
When I used to put my SD card in my card reader attached to my USB, a window would pop up asking if I would like to save it to my computer. It doesn't do that anymore, I have to go to that sd card reader removable drive, copy and paste the files to my computer. How can I get the computer to recognize the sd card and have the window pop up again. Something must be shut off. My auto play is on for this usb removable drive. Thanks Silverado

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, I'm having an issue with my USB ports and 9in1 media card reader.....they don't seem to respond.....I don't know when they stop responding...probably a month or two ago.....but all I know they're not working.....evening the usb's in the back don't work....now the i have power in the usb ports but like i said.....they don't respond to computer.....any suggestions........thank you in advance.....

A:USB and 9-in-1 card reader

What is the computer, the operating system, and the memory? Also the card reader

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-and-9-in-1-card-reader.130119/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a new W g Motorola cell phone and need to card Sim reader remove the address book from the old phone a cingular both have a sim card Also I want to take the picture from this new phone I ve taken and place on the computer so I can edit them and use them on the web This phone is set up so you can t connect phone to USB port on computer that feature tracfone blocks Tracfone wants users to send via email but I don t Sim card reader want to pay to send them because I pay per minute and eventually this will add up and be costly So does anyone know how else to do this without spending a fortune I ve brought a sim reader but it won t even see the sim card in it errors out says no card inserted Any help appreciated and thanks to those of you use try to help Has anyone found a reader that really works So far most I have found on the net the user s reviews are horrible nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sim-card-reader.861587/
Relevancy 74.82%

I`ve just purchased a 4GB micro sd card for my nokia phone, but i`ve discovered it`s a micro sd HC card. I`ve been told that i need to download drivers or firmware for my usb card reader to read the HC card. Does anyone have any idea about this?
I have an SD card reader built into my pc but this won`t read the card either.
I`m running vista home premium.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,
Recently i bought a TEAC CAB-200 and put it into a dell optiplex 780 but it does not seem to do anything and when i plug it in windows won't recognize it Any suggestions? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984275
Relevancy 74.82%

I have had reader card a card reader for over years for transferring pictures to the computer It s called Pocket reader compact flash I had it connected via a usb hub Yesterday when I went to use it it just went dead ie I clicked on the icon card reader and nothing happened and I noticed that the green led lights on the hub weren t on even tho the red power light was on I then unplugged the card reader and put card reader it straight into the computerhaving removed the hub When I clicked on quot my computer quot it just isn t there any more so I went to contriol panel add new hardware and got the message with a big yellow question mark that the driverss for this device are not installed and asks to reinstal the driver I say ok and click on next it then tells me that it cannot find a driver I have the CD quot card reader amp flash drive quot there is no maker s name and it just doesn t work I have been using this for over years What do you think has gone wrong Is ther anything I can do to put it right I have windows second edition nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Adaptec USB card reader I am hooking it to the USB header on the motherboard. My plug has a red,white,black and green wire and has this wrote on the plug JST.2,3,4,5 my question is does the red wire go to the number 1 side on the motherboard. the book has this-

Pin signal
1 USBVCC2
2 USB2-
3 USB2+
4 GND
5 KEY

Now I know where the green goes but I still have the red ,black , white wire does the red go on pin 1or what am not sure.

On the motherboard the header has 4 pins the fifth is blank.

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.766859/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello. I have a Toshiba Satellite C660-11P, PSC0NE, and i tried everything with my SD Card Reader but i can't get it to work. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:sd card reader

Check the spec of the laptop to see what types of SD card are supported i.e. there are now at least 3 types available now with different speeds e.g. standard SD, SDHC, SDXC etc so make sure the one you are trying to read will work with your machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/170550-sd-card-reader.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I purchased a Memorex USB Card Reader I tried to install it but could not Called Memorex with no result I returned the reader and exchanged it for a SanDisk Same problem I had recently purchased a TOL Gateway computer so I went to the Gateway store and asked the rep to install the reader on an identical computer Card reader It installed Card reader immediately with no problem I tried Sandisk Support Gateway Support and Microsoft Support each saying that it was someone else s problem One Tech Support Rep suggested that the Microsoft XP Service Pack download may be the problem After several attempts I can get the reader to work but each time I turn my computer off or reboot here s what happens gt After the computer reboots I wait about minutes and a balloon appears at the lower right corner of the quick launch task bar above the clock as follows found New Hardware SanDisk ImageMate in USB Device Then a second balloon appears Found new hardware Disk Drive Then the first balloon appears again and the second one appears again Then a Found New Hardware Wizard Card reader box appears with the Card reader following text Cannot install this hardware There was a problem installing this hardware SanDisk ImageMate in USB device An error occurred during the installation of this device The specified service does not exist as an installed service click finish to close Wizard After I click finish three similar Wizard boxes appear and I click finish on each of these Finally another balloon appears above the clock Found new hardware A problem occurred during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly At this point the card reader works nbsp

Have you gone through this: http://www.sandisk.com/tech/faq/7.html

If no joy SanDisk suggests a full reply to support with this info: http://www.sandisk.com/tech/faq/165.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.183847/
Relevancy 74.82%

So my laptop has a built-in SD card reader. However, when I put my micro SD card into my adapter and put that into my laptop, nothing happens. No "Driver installing" or anything. What do I do?

Toshiba Satellite A100 PSAA8C-0FH00E

Thanks!

A:SD card reader?

Did you check in the device manager? You may not have the reader installed.

RT. click on My Computer, select Manage, select Device Manager and look for any exclamation points or red X's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-reader.680297/
Relevancy 74.82%

I recently reformatted my hard drive windows 98SE IE6. Before doing that I installed an external hard drive to sore my personal data. This became the F Drive( position previously occupied by my compact flash card reader). I am now trying to reinstall the card reader but it wants to remove something calles ST mass storage and produces dire warnings in red so I retreat. I then find that I have this program in my add/remove list on control panel but it is not my list when I click on start, programs. I don't know what it is and whether it is safe to remove it.

sounds lik it wants you to uninstall your external hd software before you put the flash drive in...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.386955/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have an Acer Aspire desktop running windows Vista.

It has a built in card reader. However when I plug in a 4G HC SD card the computer will not open the files (pictures). It appears like the loading stops.

I will have the 'My computer' window open and a green bar will be loading across the top - it moves fairly fast until it gets near the end then it appears to stop.

What can I do to correct this?

I can plug the camera into the USB port and retrieve the pictures, but that is the hard way (in my opinion)....

First thing to check is whether or not the card reader actually supports SDHC. It is like sticking a Blu-Ray in a DVD player, the medium is the same size, but require a compatible device to actually read. Is the card recognized as a 4GB card? Have you had the card read properly before? If yes to both, then you may need to re-format the card using a different card reader Then plug the card into the reader. Also try a different card if you have one to test functionality of the card reader on the PC. A couple things to try and let us know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-reader.998842/
Relevancy 74.82%

Is there a card reader for a camera SD memory card that will work with Win 98 and a USB 1 port? I think computer has Win 98 SE.

Thanks

A:SD card reader for win 98

Oh about 8 years ago, they all came with floppies or CD's containing windows 98 drivers. Nowadays, you probably have to download them if they have drivers. I'd look on the packaging or item description if buying online and see what it says.

UBS2.0 will default to lower speed on a USB1.1 port, so no issue there.

I need a faster one myself. Will be checking this one.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/755109/Memory-Card-USB-Drive-Secure/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-reader-for-win-98.677069/
Relevancy 74.82%

USB 2.0 (6-in-1 Card Reader)

CR-V14-U26 Specifications:
PC Interface: USB2.0
Data Transfer Rate: Up to 480 Mbps
Memory Card Supported: CF/IBM Micro Drive/SM/MS/SD/MMC
Material: ABS Plastic
OS Supported: Windows 98/ME/SE/2000/XP and Mac8.6/9.X. or higher.
Power: Provided by USB port, +5V
Does the above item read compact flash cards......If not is there a reader out there you can buy that does?
puter hater

A:USB 6 in 1 card reader......

The CF right up front is Compact Flash, so the answer is yes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-6-in-1-card-reader.131501/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, my digital camera has a card reader that I usually put my memory card in and put it straight into the usb to download the pics, I have used it alot no probs, but I have put it into the usb lately and it crashes the pc, I have put other leads into the usb and its ok, I have no idea why it does it, any ideas ?, many thanks.

The first thing I would check is to see if the same configuration (same reader, same card) works in another PC or not so you can identify where the problem might be, computer, reader or card, or that card in that reader, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.806963/
Relevancy 74.82%

Ok, Im a little bit pissed right now, this should not be so difficult! A month ago I bought a pny usb hub/card reader and can only use it as a hub, the card reader does not show up in windows....recently I bought an iogear 12-1 card reader/writer and am trying to format a couple of different micro sd cards and can do nothing with them because windows does not recognize the reader! Well it does show up in device manager, but not in explorer and I can not add/delete files...what gives?

A:Second sd card reader!!

hi vonheimler,

Welcome onboard.

Remove all other external storage devices, plug-in only one card reader and check the following.

SOLUTION 1 - Verify the reader's status under Device Manager.

STEP 1 - Connect the reader to the PC

NOTE: It is recommended that you plug your card reader to the back USB port on your PC to ensure that there is enough power from the USB port for the card reader to be detected properly.

STEP 2 - Check under Device Manager
1. Right-click My Computer.
2. Select Manage.
3. On the left pane, click Device Manager.

NOTE: The card reader will appear in two places: Disk Drives and Universal Serial Bus controls as USB Mass Storage. If there is a yellow exclamation point (!) or question mark (?) next to the device, try to refresh the drivers.

STEP 3 - Refresh the drivers
1. Right-click the entry with the error mark, select Uninstall.
2. On the top menu, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.

STEP 4 - Verify if the reader is detected
1. Double-click My Computer.
2. Look for the card reader under Devices with removable storage.

SOLUTION 2 - Try other USB ports.
A yellow exclamation point (!) under Device Manager usually means that the device is not receiving enough power. If the reader is not receiving ample amount of power from the USB port, it may not function properly.

SOLUTION 3 -Get into Disk Management and change the drive letters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/285734-second-sd-card-reader.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My 89 yr old pappy called me yesterday. He bought a USB card reader. Plugged it in to his Win 98 machine. It didn't detect the reader. I told him to install the driver that came with the reader which he did (to no avail). He brought it to me, I put it in my XP machine and my machine recognized it without any driver installation at all. Is this a Win 98 problem or a card reader problem? I searched the archives and couldn't find a similar problem. Help! Help! Please.

Jim

Relevancy 74.82%

When I used to put my SD card in my card reader attached to my USB, a window would pop up asking if I would like to save it to my computer. It doesn't do that anymore, I have to go to that sd card reader usb removable drive, copy and paste the files to my computer. How can I get the computer to recognize the sd card and have the window pop up again. Something must be shut off. My auto play is on for this usb removable drive. Thanks Silverado

A:SD in Card Reader

What OS are do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-in-card-reader.804981/
Relevancy 74.82%

Can anyone help me please I am tearing my hair out. (I'm not actually because I'm bald but you know what I mean)

I am looking for an internal multi-card reader, one of 6/7/8-in-1 things but one which also has a game port and an IR transeiver.

It may be a lot to ask but I have seen something about 3 months ago on a site but can't remember where. It enabled you to customise your own unit by sliding in different modules depending on what you needed. Great idea but not well marketed because I cannot find it again.

Any ideas please !!!!!!

Relevancy 74.82%

When I put SD card into computer it reads it then I click safely remove hardware and then the next timeI put card in it will not read it only way to get it to work is to reboot computer I use left click on safely remove hardware icon then it says safely remove mass storage device f g h j then ok message and i remove it put it back in an and nothing at all happens until rebooted what gives I have a MediaGear card reader I think its a in reader I have tried Does not work any ideas just on the sd Reader Card Sd reader the rest all work fine Optimize for quick removal This setting disables write caching on the disk and in Windows so you can disconnect this device without using the Safe Removal icon Optimize for performance This setting enables write caching in Windows to improve Sd Card Reader disk performance To disconnect this Sd Card Reader device from the computer click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the taskbar notification area nbsp

A:Sd Card Reader

This is slightly risky but I have done this for years. If you have a reader with a activity indicator on it then when you need to remove the card check if there is no activity and then remove it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-reader.1015930/
Relevancy 74.82%

Does my computer have a "SD" or "micro SD" card reader? Thank you Dennis

Solved!
View Solution.

Hi, It supports the following cards:Compact Flash ICompact Flash IIIBM Microdrive (MD)Memory Stick (MS)Memory Stick Duo (Duo)Memory Stick Pro (PRO)Memory Stick Pro Duo (Pro Duo)MultiMediaCard (MMC)MultiMediaCard Mobile (MMC mobile)MultiMediaCard Plus (MMC plus)Reduced size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC)Secure Digital (SD)Secure Digital miniSD (Mini)Smart MediaxD Picture Card (xD)Source: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02127233 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Card-reader/td-p/5523962
Relevancy 74.82%

I have 5 in 1 card reader..how do I check which all types does the reader support as I don`t have my manual for my laptop..

Here you go

Attachment 111778

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/123149-card-reader.html
Relevancy 74.82%

i have an ' enter multi card reader ' but it is not detected by my laptop. please help

Relevancy 74.82%

I am using xp and have an built in card reader, up until very recently (I've just installed broadband) all i had to do was put card in reader and navigate through my computer to j:drive. Now when i open my computer only my hard drive and disc drive's are there, none of the other 4 card reading drive's are there. I don't have any disk with drivers on and don't know make because nothing on front of it. Does anyone know where they are and how to get them back? Please help.

Relevancy 74.82%

HP / Compaq nx6325 - XP Pro, 6-1 Card Reader. It simply quit recognizing my SD card one day. I now have to use a USB converter drive instead of the card reader. I have been to System / Hardware and am unable to locate the card reader under Disk Drives, Human Interface or USB. I am uncertain what PCMCI and Flash Memory Devices entails. I've been through the HP sites to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.883154/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a sd.ms/pro.mmc.xd slot on my HP computer.I assume it is a card reader for a camera card. I tried putting a card into it but the slot was too big for the card. Can some one help? Is it for a special card or for something else?

A:Card Reader?

Hi puffy15, and welcome to TSG.

Yes, some HP/Compaq desktop computers include front panel memory card readers.

Exactly what kind of card were your trying to plug in and what is the exact model number of the computer. Your profile information only shows "HP".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.968458/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,
I have a problem trying to run a new SD card reader. The message I get is No driver for this USB reader. I have tried MS for a driver without success. The USB port is OK and opens other memory devices.
The SD card is for a new GPS which my computer will also not recognise through the USB port.
Thanks for any pointers.
Eric

Relevancy 74.82%

When I connect my card reader to the USB port the commuter slows to snail pace, so slow the only way to get rid is to press power button, any ideas Thanks XP pro

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all have a acer travelmate 8100 and i can't get the card reader too work?? I put the card in and makes a sound but in my computer its not showing up or reading the card?? I am running win7 . I have reinstalled drivers but noluck???

May sound stupid, but most cards have a tiny "switch" on the side which can be set to "lock" which stops the device being read. Is this the case? Have you got another card to try to see if the problem might be a faulty card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader.969127/
Relevancy 74.82%

OK, after installation of my new card reader I find that the usb mass storage device is not showing up in "computer" tab. It installed fine after my connector blunder and drivers loaded via 7. It is fully functional it just doesn't show up in the computer tab. Although when you put a card into a slot it will show up in computer tab. After further reading set up guide, there is a customization that happens when you load the drivers from the CD/DVD disc as describe above. However I din not load the drivers from the disc and it is using this customization anyway. Is there way to manually make/force the separate drives of card reader show up in computer tab.

A:new card reader

Quote: Originally Posted by bassfisher6522

Although when you put a card into a slot it will show up in computer tab.

That's normal behaviour, but you can change it in "folder and search options", "show hidden folders and drives".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/64245-new-card-reader.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a card reader for my digital camera. It use to work when I put the card in....like automatically boot my viewer, so I could see them. Now, it does nothing when I put the card in. I noticed something in my msconfig. There is something called the "Smart Card"--it's not running. Don't know why. Does this refer to my card reader?

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanx...

Kathie

Relevancy 74.82%

a strange one this I have a in card reader USB which has been happily running off a USB hub slow but it works I recently bought a USB hub However when I plug the card reader into the USB hub I get a quot USB device not recognized quot alert and the hardware manager shows an quot unknown device quot error I have used windows magnificent troubleshooter to no Reader Usb Card 2 Hub/ avail honestly - its like throwing a drowning person both ends of a piece of rope At the moment I have both hubs plugged in and the card reader is running quite happily off the USB hub It doesn t need drivers When I unplug the card reader from the USN hub and plug it into the USB hub I get the warnings When I unplug from the USB hub and replug it into the USB hub I get the quot this device can operate faster quot blurb and it Usb 2 Hub/ Card Reader shows the USB hub as being available I know the USB hub is working as I have plugged flash drives into it I would like not to have USB hubs running and for the card reader Usb 2 Hub/ Card Reader to run at full spead the odd seconds are important Usb 2 Hub/ Card Reader Am I missing something really basic

A:Usb 2 Hub/ Card Reader

Since I don't know all of the specs I would check 1) Does the reader need a powered port\hub to function? 2) Is it possible the USB 1 is a powered hub and the USB 2 hub is not? Have you tried by passing both hubs and connection straight to the computer? Have you considered a 5 port (4 external\1 internal. USB addon PCI USB 2.0 card? $15 -+ on eBay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41453/usb-2-hub-card-reader/
Relevancy 74.82%

hello tech friends I 10-in-1 reader card got a problem I cant figure out on my own I got a Clevo D T also know as Alienware Area m- The problem I am having is that windows is seeing my -in- card reader as a quot Generic USB Storeage-SMC USB Device quot I Tried going in through device manager to uninstall and reinstall the driver but that didn t work I also went in to the bios and disabled the card reader restarted and then went back in to the bios and enable the card reader 10-in-1 card reader again the driver still came up as quot Generic USB Storeage-SMC USB Device quot I emailed the tech support where I bought the laptop they told me that there was no driver to this device and to reinstall windows After emailing them back saying I m not going to reinstall my OS due to driver problem they 10-in-1 card reader said I could ship it back to them also and they could look at it I heard Alienware had drivers to the -in- card reader but since my laptop didn t come from alienware I can not access there driver download site because you need to make an account on there site with an invoice number I am running windows XP Pro sp any other information you will need please ask I ll be happy to give it to you Oh yea i forgot to add that at one point and time the card reader was working fine and in quot my computer quot there where a bunch of removable drives for all the different cards that could be read but ever since I updated windows it only shows one removable drive and has quot Generic USB Storeage-SMC USB Device quot as the driver and driver roll back hasn t worked ether thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

i am trying to use a SanDisk 1GB micro SD card (inserted into a samsung micro SD adapter) in the SD/MMS card reader in my 7-1 card reader on an Advent 3219. However, nothing is registered when i insert the card into my computer. Device manager says that the device is working ok and all drivers are apparently up to date. i have tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling it using add hardware wizard but no luck. when i first bought the computer the "devices with removable storage" section of my computer would show all the removable disk storage devices e.g. E, F, G, H: with an icon of the appropriate card but now, after several system formats, new motherboard and fresh OS and drivers installed the icons are just generic storage icons.
can anyone shed any light on this please?