Windows Support Forum

"Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Cont. Driver" Crash during installation

Q: "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Cont. Driver" Crash during installation

I?m downgrading a ASUS N550LF-CN100H from windows 8 to windows 7 Pro x64.

But when I try to install the driver "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" the system crash.
I have installed the latest version of the BIOS (2.12) and changed some settings (for W7).
- Boot -> Lunch CSM = Enabled
- Security -> Secure Boot Control= Disabled

I have tried with the driver coming from the Intel site and with "Driver Genius" (same driver).
Do you have any advice to solve this issue because Asus doesn?t give any support for downgrade ?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Cont. Driver" Crash during installation

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Cont. Driver" Crash during installation

Did you try the support section of Asus to download drivers. See this link and change to your model
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download X550LA

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/326803-intel-usb-3-0-extensible-host-cont-driver-crash-during-installation.html
Relevancy 113.15%

Recently Upgraded "Intel eXtensible USB is Controller Driver" Solved: 3.0 What Host Running Windows -bit on MSI Z ATX board with Intel Core i - K processor I installed the drivers from the CD that came with the board from MSI My usage is strictly internet Solved: What is "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" e-mail and office applications Occasional other usage is to connect additional hard disk via internal SATA and scanning for viruses and malicious programs I do not overclock or play games I am trying to determine whether there is any real benefit to keeping the following quot Intel USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver quot I thought USB drivers were already in W so why do I need this driver from Intel I ve read this but it never gets into whether it is an essential program or what functionality might be lost if I uninstall it quot MSI Super Charger quot I ve read this but I can t see any real benefit The only thing I charge from this computer is my phone and I am very well satisfied with its charging time nbsp

Relevancy 85.56%

Hello to everyone,

So, before some time I had Win 8 and everything was fine. After a while I have had installed fresh Win 8.1 system. After that I tried and tried to make USB 3.0 in function but not successful. Trying everything, reinstalling, looking from ASUS website for drivers, but then I agreed with myself that I will wait until Win 10 came out so I had hope that this will solve my problem but it didn't! :-( I also looked on forums, different threads but no luck. I have got ASUS laptop G55VW (ROG series) and on ASUS website there is no drivers for win 10 (except 8 and 9 Series chipset) and yes, it's good to know if someone could help me, my chipset is HM77 Ivy Bridge.

Thank you in advance!

Ivan

A:Intel« USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver

Try to download the driver directly from www.intel.com If there is no Windows 10 driver, download the Windows 8 driver instead. You may have to run it in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Right-click on the file and select Properties. Go to Compatibility tab and check the box to set compatibility to Windows 8. Also check the Run as Administrator box. Now it should install OK. It is a good idea to also update the chipset drivers (found in the software section of Intel download site).

Intel's site confuses you and it takes some guesswork to find a driver. Both drivers for USB 3.0 and chipset are in Software section, Chipset software. To save you the trouble, here is the direct link for the USB 3.0 driver. Yes, it says it is Windows 7 only because Windows 8 and 10 are supposed to install a driver automatically through Windows Update. So what! Download it and run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. It should be far better than Windows Update generic USB 3.0 driver.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/26372-intel-usb-3-0-extensible-host-controller-driver.html
Relevancy 82.15%

I have a 7720, 17r spec edition. and my usb 3.0 stick isnt working but it does work oni my windows 8 desktop. so far neither microsoft no dell has been able to figure it out.
Im pretty sure it is the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver.  but when i try to install the one on the intel website i get a message saying that my system inst compatible. so i tried to download it from the dell website and it says it cant be found!!!

its really disapointing when your brand new computer doesnt work.

A:Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver for 7720 inspiron 17r special edition

Hi Logan,
I apologize for the inconvenience caused. The driver for USB 3.0 is not available as Windows 8 includes native support for USB 3.0.I will recommend you to  re-install chipset drivers:

Click on 'Start ‘and right click on 'My Computer'.
Click on 'Manage' and click on 'Device Manager'.
Expand 'Universal Bus Controller' and right click on each entry named as 'USB Root Hub' and click on 'uninstall'.
Once done, restart the system and install Chipset drivers from both the links: 

INTEL Intel Management Engine Interface: http://dell.to/XfgiE3Dell Intel HM77 Chipset: http://dell.to/XtphhaCard reader: http://dell.to/VLDhsw
Steps to install a driver:

Click on 'Download File'.
Select 'Single-file download' and click on 'Continue'.
Click on 'Save' and save the driver on the desktop.
Right click on the driver from the desktop and select 'Run as administrator'.
Install the driver following the on screen instructions.
Restart the system after the installation is done. 

Once the chipset drivers are installed, make sure you install all the Windows updates and restart the system.
 Update the BIOS in case the issue is not resolved:

Click on the link: http://dell.to/12zxqbA
Click on 'Download Now'.
Select 'Single-file Download' and click on 'Continue'.
Click on 'Run' and follow the on screen instructions.

Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19494846
Relevancy 100.19%

I strongly believe the drivers that Lenovo have on its System Update server for the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller for Win 7 32 bit OS for the models of T430s and X230 are the wrong ones or they are corrupted.  Five times now after I have completed my base corporate image the USB 3.0 ports will be working correctly.  If I install the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller drivers from System Update for Win 7 32bit I will get a stop error and after the restart the USB 3.0 ports will stop working.  I have tested this on two X230 laptops and a T430s.  Same results across the board.   I doubt I?m the only one who has reported this issue. Any way Lenovo can confirm is they are seeing the same issue? Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-drivers-for-the-T430s/td-p/3484814
Relevancy 100.19%

The device cannot start. Error 10.

I have installed the drivers various times and the controller will not work.

I have an MSI Z77 GD55

It is a brand new build and it will not pick up the USB 3 controller. Everything else is fine.

A:Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller (error 10)

Do you have the device code for the controller (see the hardware device info for the device in Device Manager)? It will have a VEN and DEV number.
Intel's vender number is 8086.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/234732-intel-r-usb-3-0-extensible-host-controller-error-10-a.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Dell Inspiron 14 3421
Intel i3 processor
4GB RAM

I had upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. All the USB ports worked fine for a few days. Then suddenly, the laptop went off while playing the game Thief. (This usually happens when the laptop heats up too much, not a big deal.)

When I turned on the laptop, the two USB 3.0 ports stopped working. There was no power in either of the USB 3.0 ports. I checked this with a mini USB fan.

I went to the device manager and found a yellow triangle before Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.
When I double clicked on it, in the device status box, it showed "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

I thought it was a problem with Windows 10 and degraded the OS to Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and installed and updated all drivers, hoping it would help. But still the same problem exists with the USB 3.0 port.

Please Help!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395590-intel-usb-3-0-extensible-host-controller-code-10-please-help.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi everyone! I've been experiencing some sporadic problems where my PC will not go into sleep mode. I ran powercfg lastwake in command prompt and it came up with Intel (R) USB 3.0 extensible Host Controller. I then tried going to device manager to try and un-check the "Allow this device to wake computer" option but obviously there is no such option for it under Universal Series Bus Controllers. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
thanks in advance

A:Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller preventing PC from sleeping

Hi try updating the Driver for the USB Host Controller ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/378231-intel-usb-3-0-extensible-host-controller-preventing-pc-sleeping.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I'm getting this BSOD on a new Windows 7 system. I ran the dm log collector (zip file attached) and I have updated my system spec. I hope you can tell me what driver to install. I'm new at this. Thanks!

A:BSOD related to USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

Hello, perkinw. You have several dump files. Some of the will not open correctly, but here are the results of the ones that will.

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800524e3b4, fffff880124a33f8, fffff880124a2c50}
Probably caused by : iusb3xhc.sys ( iusb3xhc+4e3b4 )
Followup: MachineOwner
That is your Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

Code:
iusb3hub
start end module name
fffff880`05828000 fffff880`0588b000 iusb3hub T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iusb3hub.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iusb3hub.sys
Image name: iusb3hub.sys
Timestamp: Thu Oct 30 05:05:14 2014 (54520D5A)
CheckSum: 00066231
ImageSize: 00063000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
That is your Intel(R) USB 3.0 Hub Driver and this is your current driver

Code:
iusb3hub
start end module name
fffff880`05828000 fffff880`0588b000 iusb3hub T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iusb3hub.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iusb3hub.sys
Image name: iusb3hub.sys
Timestamp: Thu Oct 30 05:05:14 2014 (54520D5A)
CheckSum: 00066231
ImageSize: 00063000

Code:
fffff880`1296ca88 fffff880`0f2f58bbUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
atikmdag+0x818bb
That is your AMD Graphics driver and this is your current driver

Code:
atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`0f274000 fffff880`0febb000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Aug 30 19:02:50 2013 (522132AA)
CheckSum: 00BF596C
ImageSize: 00C47000
Did your computer come from Dell with the current Graphics card installed? All of these drivers can be downloaded from Dell if you look them up with your service tag # to make sure you have the correct drivers for your particular computer.

Could you also tell me what besides a keyboard and mouse you have connected to your USB ports?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374191-bsod-related-usb-3-0-extensible-host-controller-driver.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Note this is a mirror of "Finishing Setup Q963 After Intel Installation" Windows with 7 Freezes a very similar thread over on Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963 the Microsoft forums So I got this Optiplex and figured I could just throw in a hard drive install Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963 Windows and everything would be good This has actually been the most frustrating setup I've ever experienced - full details after the break specs Dell Optiplex Intel Core Duo Ghz GB of RAM MM KW Standard Motherboard Intel Q Graphics So like I said before I grabbed a hard drive and threw it in I discovered that I needed to change some settings in the BIOS that had been mucked up by the previous owner reset from a motherboard battery change perhaps by disabling the nonexistent floppy drive and enabling the SATA port that my fancy shmancy SATA hard drive was on Useless details aside I got things to a workable point and proceeded on to install Windows Everything went smoothly - I put the DVD in it asked me where I wanted to put Windows at so I cleared the drive and it got to work It went through all the checkboxes except for the last one and reported that it needed to reboot - still completely normal After a rebooty we got to the quot finishing installation quot phase and the screen blanked out at the point where it loads the graphic drivers to a black screen with no mouse The monitor's quot info quot button revealed that the computer was now outputting x to it which meant it had located the graphic driver Subsequent restarts of the computer would get you past the Windows logo but it would always lock up the computer the second it changed the resolution Safe mode is prohibited by the computer until setup is complete With this in mind I took the hard drive out and put it in a less troublesome computer and ran the setup with no network access After it was done I put the hard drive back in the Dell and to my surprise it started Of course since I had just transplanted the hard drive it went and installed drivers for fifty new things and suggested I restart the machine which I did Once it restarted the same thing happened as before which tells me hopefully I'm on the right tracks here that it is a driver problem Now I have the advantage of being able to use safemode though I booted inito safemode and just uninstalled the graphic drivers they dheidn't look like the generic ones and restarted This time it started hooray Of course the display was in x because we were using the generic driver but everything else was good I downloaded the driver from the Intel website which reads in device manager quot Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Family the stock one read quot Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM quot After rebooting I discovered that the one from Intel's webpage does the same thing My question is this is there anywhere that I can get a proper working driver for the Intel Q graphics I would like to be able to use the computer outside of safemode Things I have tried Dell BIOS Update - Unsuccessful I'm running Bit Windows and it's one of those Windows based BIOS updates that refuses to run on a Bit version of Windows I was able to bypass this problem on a Lenovo computer by using Active BootDisc and run the installer from in there but I don't get anywhere with this one for some reason Any ideas Thanks a lot in advance - B

A:Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963

Have you tried the Dell support site to see if they have the proper drivers for that PC with Win 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/209429-windows-7-setup-freezes-after-finishing-installation-intel-q963.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Everytime I try to open Google Earth Starcraft or run a Nvidia stability test the application freezes the screen goes black for a few seconds and the above message pops up along with error code quot quot I also somtimes get quot display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot which then crashes and recovers several times until the whole lost driver display OpenGL has fix do "Nvidia I How connection driver" with crash the computer crashes and I get blue screened It always happens with ten seconds of How do I fix "Nvidia OpenGL driver has lost connection with the display driver" crash opening one of those programs I have tried updateing my graphics drivers clean installing older drivers editing the registry turning off Aero and using system restore Nothing works and I am out of ideas Here are my specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor How do I fix "Nvidia OpenGL driver has lost connection with the display driver" crash Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN Napa HP P N ULSL Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-fix-nvidia-opengl-driver-has-lost-connection-with-the-display-driver-crash.1014776/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hey So I recently got a new motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula Everything seems to work fine except USB "OpenHCD find driver Can't Host Controller" for some USB devices My MS Sidewinder X keyboard keeps disconnecting from the PC for Can't find driver for "OpenHCD USB Host Controller" no apparent reason sometimes Can't find driver for "OpenHCD USB Host Controller" Windows says the device is malfunctioning and cannot be started The keyboard works fine with other computers and other keyboards work fine with this computer I've tried using different USB ports I noticed that there are two devices without drivers in device manager There are total of devices named quot Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller quot and two of them give error message quot The device cannot start quot They are all using drivers provided by Microsoft and they are very outdated I've installed every driver from my driver DVD and from Asus website There seem to be two kind of USB drivers on the website one made my NEC Electronics and one made by Renesas I'm currently using the latest NEC drivers When I plug my Sidewinder in the front panel USB slots nothing happens Nothing at all But when I plug it in the back it works for some minutes before disconnecting again Other devices seem to work fine in front panel So does anyone know where on earth I can find drivers for these two USB host controllers or are they even needed And would they maybe fix my malfunctioning USB keyboard Thank you Code Hardware Ids PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C Compatible Ids PCI VEN amp DEV amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV PCI VEN amp CC C PCI VEN amp CC C PCI VEN PCI CC C PCI CC C Device class guid fc e -c - cf- - Driver key fc e -c - cf- - Location info PCI bus device function Physical device object name Device NTPNP PCI Bus type guide c ebdfb -b - d - e - a c e Power data Current power state D Power capabilities PDCAP D SUPPORTED PDCAP D SUPPORTED PDCAP WAKE FROM D SUPPORTED Power state mappings S - gt D S - gt D S - gt Unspecified S - gt D S - gt D S - gt D Location paths PCIROOT PCI Device Instance Path PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A A amp amp A DevNode status DN HAS PROBLEM DN DISABLEABLE DN NT ENUMERATOR DN NT DRIVER Driver Node Strong Name usbport inf Generic Section NTamd OHCI Dev pci cc c Driver version Inf name usbport inf Property page provider usbui dll USBControllerPropPageProvider Class lower filters AiCharger some Asus thing that charges iDevices faster System specs below

A:Can't find driver for "OpenHCD USB Host Controller"

Hello Jiia,

The first thing I would do would be to disconnect the keyboard then go to Device Manager and uninstall the two devices with error messages then restart the PC go back to Device manager and see if they are reinstalled.

The best drivers for USB3 are the Renesas drivers but if you are happy using the Nec drivers you can leave be.

You could also try going through this tutorial; USB Driver - General Fix for Problems[2]=Hardware%20and%20Drivers

I have come across this problem before when a USB device comes up as malfunctioning. if the above do not fix the problem I suspect that the device may well be malfunctioning. I have first hand experience with a wlan USB stick that also works in another PC but not my desktop. I suspect that this is caused by an oversensitive BIOS that is relaying wrong or no information to Windows as opposed to a fault with Windows.
In simple terms the USB device maybe dying, albeit that it works in other PC's or the problem may just be that the BIOS thinks it has a problem and stops it working.
The good news is that you can still use your Keyboard with other PC's
The bad news is I cannot offer you a fix as I do not know myself what is causing this and unfortunately just having the two PC's myself means that it will take me a long time to come to a definitive answer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/190596-cant-find-driver-openhcd-usb-host-controller.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello,

My Digital Audio Player hasn't been working properly lately so I did some checking on my PC and noticed under devices the Windows 8 icon has a yellow exclamation mark.
I checked for problems and "USB-IF-xHCI USB Host Contoller has a driver problem" came up.
I clicked "fix it" but it couldn't.

Does anyone know what I should do or who I should contact?

A:"USB-IF-xHCI USB Host Contoller has a driver problem"

Research has led me back here.

Intel WiUSB driver Not working properly?

I hope this works.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/68813-usb-if-xhci-usb-host-contoller-has-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi all I am having trouble installing my copy of Vista Home Premium -Bit I ran an evalutation version of Vista Home Premium and then formatted the HDD using an OEM copy of Home Premium I bought I formatted before the trial period had expired and then proceeded to install the OEM copy and the installation ran fine untill it rebooted for about the second time after which the screen displayed Completing installation at which point the progress bar at the bottom froze The DVD stopped spining although I think I could still hear the HDD whirring After half an hour or so I got a blue screen display Installation Error Crash, VISTA "c000021a" Premium Home 32-Bit which said quot STOP ERROR c a NT initial command process system process terminated unexpectedly with status of x x x quot It then began a crash dump and rebooted after several minutes I have since Installed Windows XP Pro which installs fine - no errors and repeated the OEM Vista Installation through the XP OS - but to no avail the same error occurs Now that I am running the Vista Installation through XP each time the error occurs and my PC reboots my BIOS asks me to select VISTA 32-Bit Home Premium Installation Crash, Error "c000021a" which option to boot - Windows XP or - Windows SETUP The XP option works fine and brings me back into fully functioning XP OS note that I didn t format HDD I installed Vista on the same partitian - all XP files were to be moved to quot windows old quot file after Installation completes according to Vista Installation The Windows SETUP option takes me back into Vista Installation where I recieve the message quot Installation cannot complete as your computer unexpectedly restarted quot or similar verbage I know vista will work on my machine as the Windows Vista Upgrade adviser says my machine is more than capable and the fact that I ran an evaluation copy of Vista Home Premiuim before hand is proof that my machine can take it for those of you wondering why I didn t just purchase a key from windows when the trial period expired instead of buying an OEM copy and then installing that well its because I thought I could get it cheaper via OEM than paying Microsoft s prices online from their site Now I have tried booting from DVD after backing up my files safely on my nd HDD and formatting my st HDD the one with XP OS on it and tried the Vista Installation but the same error occurs I have tried re-installing XP and running Vista Installation through XP withought any drivers installed and I still get the same BSD blue screen display I have tried re-installing XP and running Vista Installation through XP WITH drivers core drivers installed but arguably not the latest drivers as I only used the drivers supplied with my hard ware and I still get the same BSD I have uprgraded my BIOS - but still the same BSD From browsing other forums I have heard that this could either be A a hardware issue B a Graphics Card issue C Memory Issue - something to do with Kernals D a Driver issue more than one of the possible causes may apply - so I ve heard I read that MEMTEST can determine whether memory is to fault however Rookie System Builder I may be - but Advances BIOS manipulator I am not In order to run memtest you must download it from their site www memtest com as either bootable ISO or Binary neither of which I know how to execute in BIOS I also picked up that removing one of my RAM modules can remove the error - quite how reduceing dual channel to one channel can fix the error I don t know - but I will give it a go if alternative methods fail Apparently a SETUP repair could hold the answer Apparently removing the DVD just before the crash could be the answer Microsoft Web site don t seem to offer many answers other than check your drivers ect I know there are about a million and one similar cases to mine but I stress the word similar as they usually refer to Winlogon troubles I have no idea if this is a Csrss exe error or what i dont even know w... Read more

A:VISTA 32-Bit Home Premium Installation Crash, Error "c000021a"

P.S - If you cant find my PC specs under my user, here they are;

MOBO: ASUS Striker Extreme
CPU: Intel Core 2 DUo E6600
RAM: 2gb Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 (2 x 1GB Sticks)
GPU: ASUS EN8800GTX (768mb DDR3)
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 320Gb Sata 7200rpm 16mb cache
PSU: 650W Thermaltake ToughPower
SCRN: Samsung 20" 206BW (wide screen 16:9/16:10)

P.S I also read that another method of fixing the problem could be to turn off caching in BIOS - will this work?

Gormless_Git

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-32-bit-home-premium-installation-crash-error-c000021a.644825/
Relevancy 89.87%

So I just re installed windows on my system I have done this several times before and I had a package of drivers which I would always use in the same order In the past I have had no issues with this it all worked smoothly This time however I have been plagued with blue screens and errors Among these is an issue with the Intel Graphics Graphics Intel Requirements" Minimum Reach Not "Do Driver drivers When I attempt to run the Intel Graphics installers both straight from Intel and from my motherboard manufacturer I get an error quot This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software quot I am using the bit version to go with my bit OEM version of professional and I am using the HD drivers for my Intel Graphics Driver "Do Not Reach Minimum Requirements" ivybridge k The latest Intel Graphics Driver "Do Not Reach Minimum Requirements" version I tried and failed with was Driver Revision the latest on Intel's site My other specs can be seen in my sig I have spent some time Googling for answers but they generally involve solutions like quot Uninstall your current version and re install the bit version for your OS quot but I haven't got a version already installed and I am already trying to install the bit version Or quot You aren't using the right version of the drivers quot but I am virtually certain I am using the right version unless I've forgotten which CPU I have which I haven't Has anyone else ever experienced and solved this issue or does anyone know a possible solution Thanks Tom

A:Intel Graphics Driver "Do Not Reach Minimum Requirements"

Have you just tried running windows update to get the drivers ?

Why are you installing graphics drivers for the cpu, aren`t you using just the 7950 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290353-intel-graphics-driver-do-not-reach-minimum-requirements.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi I've repeatedly attempted this but always get driver "An installation V550 occurred error setup" Epson during An error occurred during setup Restart your computer Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup" then run setup again This is an all too typical message you can find associated with many Epson products I've tried Clean boot Safe mode install enabled Using an Epson removal tool I finally obtained after my th chat with Epson An Epson fix deleting temp folder and looking for setup Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup" exe that never appeared On my th chat I was advised to consult Microsoft Manually removing all Epson folders and registry entries I can find Disabling firewall and AV The same CD installed ok on my year-old laptop both run Windows x I've found a couple of other fixes found by someone looking at the log file I've run SFC Scannow - ok At best the scanner is recognised as being connected when plugged in and appears with a yellow trangle under 'Other Devices' in Device Manager Any ideas welcome - I'd like to use my new scanner Thanks

A:Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup"

Hi, I've found a solution, albeit a tad obscure. Short story:
1. Install the driver normally, noting it fails, and the device is recognised when plugged in and appears in Device Manager under 'Other devices' with a yellow triangle.
2. There right click the device, update driver and browse to the CD used to install the driver initially, and to the driver folder.
Let the update run.

The scanner should now be installed.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=2&auth=1

which offers another approach too.

There are quite a few reports of Epson driver installations (various devices) failing with this message. Epson chat eventually referred me to Microsoft.... saying the original message was a Windows error.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42470-epson-v550-driver-installation-error-occurred-during-setup.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I have completed my first custom build computer everything so far has worked fine, but on attempting to install Windows 7 I keep running into this problem. I know this is a common error because of the large amount of forums discussing it, but I still see no fixes despite trying many of the suggestions. Please help!

My specs are:
MSI Motherboard 970A-G46
AMD FX-8350 CPU
(need to know any other specifics, let me know)

Thanks!!
J

A:Windows 7 Installation "required CD/DVD drive deivice driver is missing..."

The CD/DVD device driver is a part of Windows and is installed automatically. What type of CD/DVD drive do you have? Is it an IDE or is it SATA? Boot into Setup (Bios) is the drive listed there? If IDE, set the jumper pin to CS (cable select)
Try the Microsoft FixIt: Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installation-required-cd-dvd-drive-deivice-driver-is-missing-686439.html
Relevancy 86.86%

So installation driver Bluetooth peripheral device Denied" for "Access I have been having trouble with my Bluetooth USB adapter BTD- all day by Kinivo and It would not install drivers at all it would say access is denied I uninstalled bcm and then located it again the drivers sort of installed after that Now the option to add a bluetooth device is there after I installed the proper software but I cannot add the driver for the bluetooth peripheral device part I just get Drivers were found Bluetooth peripheral device "Access Denied" for driver installation for bluetooth remote controller but had an issue installing quot access denied quot I select the right part of the cd where the drivers are On device manager there is bluetooth radios under it is Broadcom bcm bluetooth USB device As well as Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator those two have drivers My cellphone can find and attempt to pair with my pc it gives the passcode but nothing shows up on my pc as well as my pc cannot find any bluetooth devises such as my bluetooth headphones and the cellphone that locates the pc And I am on Windows Ultimate bit any help would be greatly appreciated Also the bluetooth device worked perfectly on my bros computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluetooth-peripheral-device-access-denied-for-driver-installation-676110.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have an HP dv2915nr with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. Recently when I was trying to upload some pictures from my camera to my laptop via my SD card, it came up with the error "Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed".

I tried reinstalling drivers and such and have had no luck at all. Can anyone help me?

A:"Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed"

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Click Start...
Click control panel...
Click system & Maintenance...
Scroll down to Device Manager and click update Device drivers...
Click View...
Click show hidden devices...

Make sure there are no yellow warning flag next to any drives

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/289354-driver-installation-module-stopped-working-closed.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I picked up some DVC Kodak cameras the other day at my local charity computer store the cameras are old but still useful for what I'm trying to do Short version the XP drivers Kodak released don't work and the drivers i found in many hours of Google searching didn't work Long version Okay first off the CD that came with them is for windows ME and i run windows so I went to the Kodak site and got the XP drivers there http www kodak com global en service downloads dln ekn jhtml pq-path but after finishing the install the cameras were still showing up as unknown USB devices so I tried installing the drivers with device manager went into device manager looking for the camera didn't find saw an unknown USB device under quot imaging device quot assumed that was it because the only other USB things I had plugged in were my keyboard and mouse right clicked clicked quot update driver quot directed it to search for drivers in the quot C DVC setupdir quot folder in the quot DVC quot folder that came with the drivers from adobe it was working until the last file then my computer froze up didn't respond to anything at all and i had to press the reset button on the front of my computer next i did some Google searches found some other drivers that people said were working http Kodak "crash" DVC325 driver members driverguide com drive driverid but i got the same Kodak DVC325 driver "crash" freeze at the end of the install the way i tried to install those drivers was the same way as noted above Side note I also have the install disc that came with it but it is for Windows ME and when i put it in my computer it says its not compatible Device manager I'm running Windows XP service pack also tried the listed install methods on a friends laptop also running Windows XP service pack Thanks in advance for your time and effort spent looking for fixes edited to add side notes

A:Kodak DVC325 driver "crash"

Fixed

i uninstalled the official one, went into the system32 folder and another folder to manually uninstall stuff that the official drivers didn't take out then installed the 3rd party drivers and it worked.

thanks anyway

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/kodak-dvc325-driver-crash-335304.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi guys I ve been going crazy over a new card i bought the MX ultra by MSI This thing is sooo beautiful in theory but it straight up crashes when it hits any heavy graphical load If not a system hard crash to off it freezes the drivers are complete crap for this card Heres my main components gig quad intel Pn mobo MSI gigs ddr mushkin ram 8800 Ultra "Driver crash"? MX an watt power supply It seems like an overheating issue at times but i turned the fan to speed using the nvidia ntune software which takes it from c to bout c bcuz the thing comes stock overclocked but the fan runs at lol either way with the insane cooling i have going on it cant be heat and watts isn t underpowering anything I tried running the card in vista and xp with the last drivers provided for each OS In vista it noticed that the driver quot stopped responding and has recovered quot in xp a hardboot is the only way out Same crash problem with all drivers and both OS s Im goin crazy tryin to figure it out Is the card simply not supported as of MX 8800 Ultra "Driver crash"? yet Or does some here have this card in perfect running order Any help would be most appriciated P S I have days left on MX 8800 Ultra "Driver crash"? the RMA so i need MX 8800 Ultra "Driver crash"? to make immediate decisions lol P S If the drivers are currently not working any have any suggestions to a working top of the line card price isnt an issue Thx ahead of time nbsp

A:MX 8800 Ultra "Driver crash"?

When it hard crashes to off, does it restart or just stay off? What 850W power supply do you have? Can you do a quick check of your RAM by using only one module and swap out each one in turn to see if any problems appear?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mx-8800-ultra-driver-crash.86045/
Relevancy 86.86%

Since my original thread regarding this problem is closed (too old, from November 2008), I am continuing it on this new thread.

As a reminder, somehow for some strange reason, my Windows XP Pro SP2 laptop stopped giving me warnings for unsigned downloadable programs. I tried (almost?) everything conceivable to fix that - to no avail. Here is the original thread:

I *want* the "Publisher Could Not be Verified" warning!

I eventually got to implementing the last suggestion (sfc /scannow), but that didn't help either.

I am out of ideas, totally baffled by this mystery.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

A:I *want* the "Publisher Could Not be Verified" warning (cont'd)

Eureka! I can't believe this... I think that I solved the mystery: Said warning does appear but only for programs that I download via Internet Explorer!

I was testing this function all that time by downloading via Firefox 2.0...

Apparently, the hint has always been there, in the form of the registry key path: as its name implies, it is intended for Internet Explorer. Duh!

However, I could swear that it worked via Firefox, too, on the other machine. The other machine has Firefox 3.0. Is it possible that Firefox 3.0 supports this feature while Firefox 2.0 doesn't?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-the-publisher-could-not-be-verified-warning-contd.795320/
Relevancy 86.43%

This began after dumbly going to some non-commercial website NAV auto-protect did initially detect Internet Alert" popup activity", IE "Security crash after "Insecure Center an infection but indicated it could not quarantine or delete Now when launching IE it attempts to redirect to a fake virus software website When I choose the quot not recommended quot link IE crashes shortly afterward Also I get a fake quot Security Center Alert quot popup every few minutes I stupidly clicked on the link to update the security center With System Restore deactivated I have run all updated full scans in safe mode NAV Ad-aware Spybot SpySweeper Avira and CCleaner Then I found this website and learned I should have waited to do this Spybot found a couple of registry entries but that was the only detection made by any of the programs other than NAV's initial auto-protect IE crash after "Insecure Internet activity", "Security Center Alert" popup message File gmer txt is attached dds txt DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Mike at on Sat Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM StacSV exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Docmgr bin WavXDocMgr exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Lightroom apdproxy exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Documents and Settings Mike Application Data Google kjzna exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Microsoft Reference Bookshelf qshelf exe C Program Files Handspring HOTSYNC EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings Mike Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uDefault Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd mDefault Page URL hxxp www dell com mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com i... Read more

A:IE crash after "Insecure Internet activity", "Security Center Alert" popup

Before any work can be done on this machine, there is something that requires your immediate intervention.

This machine is messed up pretty badly because you have several anti-virus programs on your machine. That's not a good idea!!

Alike firewalls, anti-virus programs have conflicts co-existing with each other & produces undesirable results. Please uninstall ALL leaving only one of them.

ALL the antivirus programs must be removed via add/remove program.
For any program that doesn't have an add/remove entry, you will have to do this:re-install the program -> reboot -> uninstallPost a fresh logs when you have completed the above task.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ie-crash-after-insecure-internet-activity-security-center-alert-popup-320841.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello all,
I'm suffering froma troubling problem with a Windows 7 system.
This system has a boot HDD (C and data storage RAID5 array (D. The system locked up hard requiring a power down to get Windows operational gain.

The sytem is fine now, except the ~3 TB RAID5 array is not seen by W7. The W7 disk managment snap-in reports that the 2793.97 GB "drive" exists, but the status is "Unknown" and "not initialized". Needless to say, the drve was online and contained LOTS of data before the crash. Due to it's size, the drive was GPT.

I ran a synchronize on the RAID 5 array and that finished w/o error, so I assume the actuall array is fine.

Any recommendations for what utllity/diagnostic/etc. to try next?

Further info: The RAID 5 is a creation of the AMD SB750 "southbridge", which uses tech licensed by Promise Technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-raid-array-unknown-not-initialized-after-windows-7-crash.152474/
Relevancy 86%

I cannot open User Accounts in Control Panel, I keep getting ...

Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Anyone with a fix? . My appreciations in advance!

A:"User Accounts" in Control panel wont Open-Error is "Html application Host Error"

Do you have a recovery restore install disc or partition?
You can try doing a repair or system file check...
Scan For Missing/Corrupt System Files...

Windows XP comes with a wonderful tool called System File Checker (SFC)
Itscans and verifies the versions of all protected system files after you restart your computer...
To Do This:
Click Start menu, and then click the Run icon.
In the small box that Opens, type the three letters: cmd then click the OK button.
In the command prompt window that just opened (a black background and white text), type the following command:
SFC /scannow
And then click OK
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run SFC..
You will need your Windows XP CD during this procedure if SFC needs to get an original file. Please remember that Windows XP can have multiple instances of a .DLL file and remember which version is for which program.
Notes....
I have been asked if it is possible to have a "progress meter" show when SFC runs... This is the registry hack you need. PLEASE do not go messing with your registry if you do NOT know what you are doing!
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Value Name: SFCShowProgress
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-control-panel-wont-open-error-is-html-application-host-error.744934/
Relevancy 85.57%

I had to install an audio driver after I wiped my laptop s hard drive But there were two options on my laptop model s driver-download site and I first tried to install the incorrect driver It wasn t even compatible with my laptop I then installed the proper one but the incorrect one keeps giving me notifications that it s not quot properly installed quot So now whenever windows starts it warns me with a balloon saying that quot A problem occurred when trying to install new hardware quot And then this window pops up every time http i tinypic com nr i y jpg How do I take Trying "cancel" installation audio the driver? to of this off all traces of that driver I tried going to quot device manager quot and choosing quot uninstall quot but that isn t working Edit Sorry I have an HP Compaq Presario V Here s the driver I shouldn t have Trying to "cancel" the installation of this audio driver? installed http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport SoftwareDescription jsp lang en amp cc us amp prodTypeId amp prodSeriesId amp prodNameId amp swEnvOID amp swLang amp mode amp taskId amp swItem ob- - This is the one that WAS correct http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport SoftwareDescription jsp lang en amp cc us amp prodTypeId amp prodSeriesId amp prodNameId amp swEnvOID amp swLang amp mode amp taskId amp swItem ob- - nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

can't install VIA HIGH DEFINITION(HD) AUDIO DRIVER in Windows 8 Dev. Preview x64.tried 4 to 5 different versions.but none of them would install.i can't get FRONT PANEL HEADPHONE output with default Windows audio.speakers works fine.

error :

A:"VIA HD AUDIO DRIVER" Installation Error !!

Welcome to Eight Forums Joygr11. Is this a laptop, what graphics card, motherboard make model?
You could try installing in compatibility mode for Windows 7 SP1.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/3147-via-hd-audio-driver-installation-error.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Folks My name is Ken and I appreciate any and all Host Process..." and "Downloader" "Generic advice in advance I dispense a lot of advice on hi-fi boards but I know just enough about computers to defer to the experts Feel free to slap me around and teach me a lesson if I appear stupid or violate any board etiquette I can take it Here's the deal My computer suddenly lost all of "Generic Host Process..." and "Downloader" its cookies for sites "Generic Host Process..." and "Downloader" I frequent Then right after that happened Norton told me that it stopped some malicious code I started getting a quot Generic Host Process for Win Services quot error and my computer started stalling when I went into Microsoft Word or IE I updated Windows updated my HP software based on a quick Google search and scanned my entire system with Norton Norton says it killed the quot Downloader quot virus My computer is still bringing up the quot Generic quot message and when I try to unmute my volume button it says there are quot no active mixer devices available quot I'm just waiting for my computer to freeze up again What follows is the DDS file and I've attached the quot ark quot and quot attach quot files as zipped files DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by kjohnson at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Norton Internet Worm Protection enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system afisicx exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system mabidwe exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system soxpeca exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Docum... Read more

A:"Generic Host Process..." and "Downloader"

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/generic-host-process-and-downloader-349282.html
Relevancy 85.14%

i am fed up with this, firstly i installed win 10 , getting same error so i shifted to win 8.1 now again same issue, that is really sad, why you create laptops when you cant upload proper drivers, laptop is useless without drivers and my laptop have 4gg graphics card also but its *** as all game etc use local hd driver instead of my card and i get o performance in running any game.

please help me with drivers i am fed up with this.

A:"the update installer operation is unsuccessful" getting error on each driver installation on my new laptop dell 5558 black one window 8.1 pro 64 bit.

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!

What driver are you trying to install in particular and what hardware IDs do you have?
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/
Also the size of the downloaded driver, in case its an incomplete download. 
Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19663683
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 83.85%

On reboot. RPC will quickly crash and the system will force shutdown (in one minute).
Tried classic (XP) "ListenOnInternet"="N" registry key: no effect.
Tried enabling all interfaces explicitly (rpccfg): Works but useless.
Tried disabling NIC card: Works but useless (no connectivity).
Tried enabling all interfaces explicitly except externally connected NIC (rpccfg): Crash.
Added custom loopback interface (Fake NIC) to try and placate RPC: Crash.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eb294fc0-7454-486f-a0a2-788397fda242/win7pro-using-quotnetsh-rpc-add-127001quot-or-quotrpccfg-a-1quot-causes-rpc-subsystem?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Everyone Here I post OS to "AHCI" installation "IDE" XP to How mode change from am going to descibe how How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don t reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation.1106746/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Everyone to post OS "IDE" from mode installation XP change How to "AHCI" Here I am going to descibe how to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don't reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation-705170.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have been getting the BSOD since a few weeks and found out by trial and error that a USB-hub is causing the problem. Whenever I disconnect the hub before I shut off the computer I do not get the blue screen.
Yesterday I also got a BSOD that mentioned driver power state failure. After I had de-installed Ubuntu 10.04 (I wanted to see what people are talking about but did not really like it) that problem did not show up again, although I do not know if that is just coincidence.

I have enclosed the dump files as per your instructions and hope that somebody will be able to help me.
Thank you.

A:BSOD with "usbhub.sys" and "driver power state failure"

Welcome!

It does look as if your USB drivers are causing the issue.
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Wed Apr 28 03:41:32.255 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:47.502
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9482319c, ad39bb40, ad39b720}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for libusb0.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for libusb0.sys
Probably caused by : libusb0.sys ( libusb0+428c )
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon May 10 03:46:15.009 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.272
BugCheck 124, {0, 8752f544, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon May 10 05:22:31.146 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:23.393
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9444b19c, adb53b40, adb53720}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for libusb0.sys
Debug session time: Sun May 9 16:04:28.103 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:08.365
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, 863e9798, 83943b24}
Probably caused by : WUDFRd.sys ( WUDFRd!RdDevice::MarkForDelete+15 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Debug session time: Sun May 9 16:35:12.200 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:06.447
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, 86403020, 8396ab24}
Probably caused by : WUDFRd.sys ( WUDFRd!RdDevice::MarkForDelete+15 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Debug session time: Sat May 8 08:41:03.887 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:47:33.010
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9467919c, b3f10b40, b3f10720}
Debug session time: Sat May 1 18:44:19.351 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 14:50:58.598
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9443619c, adf69b40, adf69720}
Debug session time: Thu Apr 29 04:59:54.140 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:25:46.402
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9467f19c, ad7d9b40, ad7d9720}
Debug session time: Tue Apr 27 18:42:43.646 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:02:53.908
BugCheck 7E, {c0000005, 9442a19c, afaf7b40, afaf7720}
Probably cau... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83880-bsod-usbhub-sys-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Okay I have an ATI Radeon on my Windows XP system and one day after my dad had used the computer the D video driver stoppeed working He can t recall doing anything So it goes I think quot whatever quot downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers and try to install it only to get the message quot INF Error Video Driver Not Found quot and then quot Try to set up your adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot I tried googling for info apparently it s a common-ish issue but I never found anything that worked ATI Drivers Error", VGA Installing Driver Catalyst "INF "Missing" I tried uninstalling anything ATI and then installing to no avail I tried uninstalling the error-listed VGA adapter from the Device Manager and then running install which didn t work Rebooting after that also didn t work it popped up with quot New hardware found quot after the "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers reboot but it couldn t find the proper drivers After an unedifying series of adventures I got to http www msi com tw program support download dld spt dld detail php UID amp kind which has several drivers for my mobo I first downloaded obviously the VGA "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers driver and tried to run setup Unfortunately after preparing the install an Error message pops up saying quot The system "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers cannot detect the device please confirm that the device is configured properly and restart the setup program quot I then tried downloading the AGP upgrade installed it but nothing changed I also downloaded the BIOS update since it mentioned a VGA upgrade but I m uncomfortable with upgrading the BIOS if it s possible that that s not the main issue I ve tried using add remove programs to remove any ATI from my computer I ve tried using older drivers I ve tried reinstalling Windows XP on a different Hard Drive Nothing seems to work If this could be solved ASAP that would be lovely as I m going through video game withdrawl here also scrolling in Firefox is all jerky and some videos are jerky when playing Robbie B P s A nearly identical problem came up here http www techspot com vb topic html and no one sorted it out for that guy I hope this goes better nbsp

A:"INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers

the radeon is not integrated with your motherboard, and the onboard video has probably been disabled in the BIOS. to install the appropriate drivers for an ATI radeon 8500 card you need to download and install the drivers from ati's website. from there you can download the latest version of catalyst and install that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inf-error-vga-driver-missing-installing-ati-catalyst-drivers.55154/
Relevancy 81.27%

Short Story Version: Am getting an empty (but bootable) 500 GB hard drive
up and running. Have my old (but failing) 500 GB hard drive also on same
computer.

Am installing everything again (couldn't clone the old drive because of its problems). When new hard drive boots up, get a Windows Documents
window automatically. Can't get rid of it. Biggest problem is that the
computer is sluggish. After trying to run some software, usually get the
"Generic Host Process Error". However this problem seems the worst
right after booting. How can these problems be fixed ?

Have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. Would
appreciate some help.

Thank you very much.

A:[SOLVED] Generic Host Process Error" New Installation

Hi HoosierUser. Why don't you remove the old and failing drive completely, format the new drive and set up the OS? Just back up the data you want to save from the old driver first and then remove it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-generic-host-process-error-and-quot-new-installation-596307.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have had this problem numerous times in the past where the installation proceeds "cannot installation device." specified" the "during find file the the of then ends with the messages During "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." the installation of the device The system cannot find the file specified and it goes into a detection loop HERE is the solution Windows XP has a bug that it cannot properly detect new hardware by inf "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." files if the RunOnce registry key "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." is missing for the following location HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion This key is often used by installers to execute post-reboot programs but sometimes they accidentally delete this key IMPORTANT This article contains information about modifying the registry Make sure that you understand how to backup and restore the registry in case a problem occurs Please read the linked Microsoft Knowledge Base article prior to editing the registry Go to Start Run and enter quot regedit quot Go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion With CurrentVersion Highlighted go to the Edit menu and select New Key Name the key RunOnce leaving everything else about the key alone The RunOnce key should now exist underneath the CurrentVersion key Once the key exists Windows XP stops redetecting the Hardware nbsp

A:"cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-the-file-specified-during-the-installation-of-the-device.235959/
Relevancy 80.41%

I am using Windows XP home edition I posted this in the wrong forum a few days ago and was advised to post it here with a new hjt log They did say that I had more serious problems than just my host file needing to be restored They also said that there didn t seem to be a firewall How can I find out if I m using Window s firewall Arovax Shield popped up a message quot Warning Your Windows host file was hijacked It is recommended to restore host file quot Now I can t use was restore "Your Solved: file." is hijacked. file to host recommended Windows host It my anti-virus program because it stalls freezes before it finishes I can t use Panda or any other on-line scanner because Solved: "Your Windows host file was hijacked. It is recommended to restore host file." it too freezes before it can finish I can t shutdown my computer - not even cold boot I have to completely unplug it I can t do a system restore to a previous date I ve tried several previous dates I have no idea how to restore the host file and I have no idea how it was hijacked Here is my new HJT log I hope it will be of some help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files AcmeNet TurboNet arteraui exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA DESKTO datray exe C Program Files AcmeNet TurboNet artera exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Star Downloader stardown exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system notepad exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my myway com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer ftp localhost http localhost https localhost socks localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - no file O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll... Read more

A:Solved: "Your Windows host file was hijacked. It is recommended to restore host file."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-your-windows-host-file-was-hijacked-it-is-recommended-to-restore-host-file.658813/
Relevancy 79.98%

well i installed the 64 bit drivers for my easycap DC60 eventually, but the problem i have now is that when i change my settings in AMCAP or the program they installed for me, i get an error saying something along the lines of "mini-driver "get" error and "mini-driver "set" error" when i highlight any boxes. Also i have noticed that many boxes are blanked out and different to those of other peoples (youtube tutorials)

any help would be greatly appretiated, thanks guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-mini-driver-set-and-get-error-with-easycap-vista-x64.819710/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Thanks for your advice. I've transferred my problem to "Malware Removal & Hijack This Logs", as you suggested.

How do I delete this thread??

A:"Your Windows host file was hijacked. It is recommended to restore host file."

Try deleting or renaming the Hosts file.
It will be recreated, so no harm to try.
It's at:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
It's named "HOSTS- no extension.
You can open this file with Notepad of you're curious enough to see what it says.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-windows-host-file-was-hijacked-it-is-recommended-to-restore-host-file.658487/
Relevancy 78.26%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/1130.html

Not sure if that will work for you or not........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157688/
Relevancy 78.26%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157688

Please post only once. Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157690/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I purchased my SONY VAIO laptop over & "DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with "iaStor.sys" Crash a year ago and it was working fine till today Today as I was watching a youtube video when my laptop crashed suddenly No messages printed it just powered off Then when I rebooted it I saw a blue screen message with some crash dump information It specified quot DRIVER IRQL LESS OR EQUAL quot and other information I picked up from it Crash with "DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL" & "iaStor.sys" was quot iaStor sys quot was the file causing issue it contained some memory register location such as x xxxxxxxx So the next time when it rebooted automatically after the crash I ran it in safe mode and I was able to get there Then after reading some forums and microsoft support I figured out it is better to disable certain devices as they may be causing problems So i have disabled my network adapter and sound devices But still whenever I reboot and run in normal mode my system crashes I also have the minidump messages stored in a pen drive At present I can get my laptop working in safe mode however If I shutdown then it restarts in normal mode and crashes After reading some forums it looks like a hardware issue to me However I'm not sure as it happened all of a sudden Also this forum seems to point people most of the times in the right direction Hence I thought it would be of great help to me if someone could point me in the right direction I appreciate your response Please help me if you know anything about this crash Thanks Karthick

A:Crash with "DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL" & "iaStor.sys"

Welcome to SF, karthickannamal.

BSOD Posting Instructions
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/129157-crash-driver_irql_less_or_equal-iastor-sys.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

Firt of all excuse for my english I can in Area" or less equal" AND Fault 'Page Irql "Driver nonpaged not read but I cannot write I am live in Brazil My computer is showing a blue screen when I play Fifa Soccer and other games I had install the same games in other computer and works well Sometimes the information of blue screen change Another day it is showing Driver Irql not less or equal smwdm sys I update my sound drive and the problem was resolved But in the next day the blue screens appears again but with another information Page fault in nonpaged area nv disp dll I update my video drive and the problem don t resolved I feel that after the update the blue screen appear more fast So what I must to do Can anyone help me I make a search in quot google quot and the opinions are much variants My computer is AMD 'Page Fault in nonpaged Area" AND "Driver Irql not less or equal" Sempron TM Windows XP SP GeForce FX Mb RAM two combs Thanks Felipe Sabino MSN felipe spurgeon gmail com ---- After write this text I received another blue screen playing Fifa Stop x E x xBF DE xB DEEB x Win k sys - Address BF DE base at BF Data Stamp a nbsp

A:'Page Fault in nonpaged Area" AND "Driver Irql not less or equal"

Maybe faulty memory

Hi,

The culprit is faulty memory. You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
Make sure that the CPU fan works properly
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot. Reseat video card as well.
3. Downclock the ram. Check to default setting if you video card is overclocked.
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
For example : DIMM1 and DIMM2 do not have the same timing.
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
7. Make sure that your PSU have adequate power to drive all the hardware including USB devices
8. Run chkdsk /r at command prompt
9. Run 3DMark 2005 to test your video card
10. Upgrade BIOS

If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-and-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal.38736/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so since of recently error "Generic Win32 Services" For message Process Host my computer has been acting really wierd I would start the computer up normally and everything would be fine But after spending some time on the internet mostly around - min I would get the same quot Generic Host Process For "Generic Host Process For Win32 Services" error message Win Services quot error message And then after I close the box my screen starts to act really wierd A blank white bar appears between the top blue bar on my computer which would usually have the website etc quot Tech Support Guy Forums - Mozilla Firefox quot and the menu bar And then the windows box changes from quot Windows XP style quot to quot Windows Classic style quot on its own I am still able to use the computer internet but after a while it starts to progressively get slower and slower I have no idea whats wrong with it I have Avira AntiVir and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I have scanned my computer many times but nothing comes up Please help I have Windows XP If you need to know anything else i ll try my best help but i m not the best when it comes to computers I m also gonna try to attach screenshots of my computer error messages Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Clean install of Vista Business on a new HD, Dell 8400 w/2.5GB memory.

I keep getting a dialog box that pops up and says:

"Microsoft Windows
Host Process for Windows Service stopped working and was closed.

A problem caused the application of stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solutiion is available."

There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for it... it just arbitrarily shows up from time to time. It's not related to booting Vista, I don't think, b/c it'll pop up occasionally during the same session.

A:"Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-and-was-closed.685235/
Relevancy 76.11%

In the past week or so my computer has been experiencing the same problem of win32 error message, which on prompt will reset my toolbar and everything back to previous windows 98 style of the white toolbar and old style of design, i know this has something to do with a virus.

I recently just had the fake Anti-Virus scan maleware on my computer which i succesfully removed with maleware-bytes and Whitesmoke translator which i also removed twice with malewarebytes. Im just wondering if there anything that can cause this sort of problem with my computer, maybe a virus im not catching? Also it seems my computer has been booting up rather slowly and it just seems super sluggish.

Any help would be appriciated just lemme know what you need thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-host-process-for-win32-services-error-message.977386/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I'm having issues with internet connectivity They started back with Win but they disappeared when I upgraded to Now they're back again "Scripted Has Connection Native Stopped" Diagnostics and Host Troubled Essentially my connection on my laptop wired comes and goes but the icon at the bottom never shows a broken connection It also happens with all wireless connected devices iphones but oddly not with a secondary laptop also wireless The weird thing is that some connections never seem affected by this For example I use Plex to stream movies and shows via Google's Chromecast to my TV That connection is never down Even when nothing is loading webpages mail messenger twitter etc I can always reliably cast something The same is true with torrents The speeds reach max quickly and stay there constantly until completion The other weird thing Troubled Connection and "Scripted Diagnostics Native Host Has Stopped" is that it behaves as though I have data caps from my ISP I don't The longer my connection is dormant the more time Troubled Connection and "Scripted Diagnostics Native Host Has Stopped" I get without any internet issues a full night with no internet usage results in a full morning with no connection issues a weekend with no usage results in a full day with no issues Conversely the more usage the more trouble if I'm downloading a large file overnight the next morning I can't even get Google to load until a few hours have passed with no internet usage and then I can connect again for a few minutes Also I noticed that around the same time this started I also started getting these random error messages quot Scripted Diagnostics Native Host Stopped Working quot Today I figured out that the Network Diagnostics troubleshooter is connected to this error I tried running it to see if it would help with my connection but as soon as I ran it it gave me that quot Scripted quot error same on repeated attempts I get that error multiple times a day even if I'm not running the troubleshooter Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68708-troubled-connection-scripted-diagnostics-native-host-has-stopped.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok I should also say the "search protocol host stopped working" pop up happens right after boot up ! IE9 starts up but when I go to a sight it acts like its there but the screen is blank !
tried this but its not working http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...er-stopped-working-and-was-closed-138952.html
posting this with google chrome because IE9 is not working !

I just noticed the windows spider sol and windows freecell sol are coming up blank screen also

any help would be apprciated thanks bill

A:"Search protocol host stopped working" Windows Vista

A friend at work experienced the same problem on his PC. Turns out he had a corrupt indexing file. You could try posting the details from Event Viewer, if that is possible. I wouldn't be able to help you interpreting them, but maybe some of the more experienced members could.

Have you tried disabling Windows Search? I did this on my friend's PC as a temporary measure . Got IE working, although searches were rather slow. It isn't a solution, but it could afford you a temporary -- albeit inconvenient -- workaround.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Stick around, though, and wait for inputs from the more knowledgeable members.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/search-protocol-host-stopped-working-windows-vista.188319/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi need help with this pls i Win32 txt for "Generic Panda see Host Services.." HJT!!! & my scan Process pls receive this error all the time with probs with the sound as well quot Generic Host Process for Win Services has encountered a problem and needs to close quot and a few seconds after that appears a pop up says quot svchost exe - Application Error quot which says quot The exception unknown software exception xc occured in the application at location x b a c quot This is Panda result Incident Status Location Potentially unwanted tool application bestoffer Not disinfected c windows SMDAT M SYS Potentially unwanted tool application altnet Not disinfected c windows SMDAT A SYS Adware adware instafinder Not disinfected "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services.." pls see my Panda scan txt & HJT!!! c program files INSTAFINK Potentially unwanted tool application need find "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services.." pls see my Panda scan txt & HJT!!! Not disinfected c program files Need Find Adware adware rxtoolbar Not disinfected Windows Registry Spyware Cookie Yadro Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Acer Local Settings Temp Cookies acer yadro txt Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Acer Cookies acer atdmt txt Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Acer Cookies acer com txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Acer Cookies acer atwola txt Spyware Cookie Azjmp Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Acer Cookies acer azjmp txt Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Acer Cookies acer doubleclick txt Spyware Cookie Belnk Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Acer Cookies acer belnk txt Spyware Cookie Belnk Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Acer Cookies acer dist belnk txt and HJT Log Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - H D - C - ABF- ECC- C - no file O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - FA - - c-A CC- EC DE CA - no file O - BHO no name - D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run AzMixerSel C Program Files Realtek InstallShield AzMixerSel exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe quot hide O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup Bluetooth lnk O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item amp Search - http kl bar need find com KL menusearch html p KL O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Send To amp Bluetooth - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O - Extra button Research HKLM O - Extra button ICQ Lite HKLM O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem ICQ Lite HKLM O - Extra button btrez dll - HKLM O -... Read more

A:"Generic Host Process for Win32 Services.." pls see my Panda scan txt & HJT!!!

Bump !!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/generic-host-process-for-win32-services-pls-see-my-panda-scan-txt-and-hjt-149248.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello As of a couple of days ago when I click a Google search result link I'm usually redirected to a random website I also sometimes get random popups on sites on which I never got any before Every once in a while "Host stopped process working" Google redirects, I get a message saying quot Host process for Windows services stopped working and was closed quot and my computer and Internet connection slow down Google redirects, "Host process stopped working" Sometimes after this happens program windows the taskbar and other Windows visuals revert to a simple Windows -esque level This is a huge annoyance and any help would be greatly appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Mom at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - SP AVG Anti-Spyware disabled Outdated F E D-ED - - C -B B AF SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files NewSoft Presto PageManager for EP PMSpeed exe C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Windows system rundll exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Users Gabriel Program Files Mabinogi npkcmsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Users Gabriel Music iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Users Mom Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uStart Page hxxp yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html mStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr h... Read more

A:Google redirects, "Host process stopped working"

Hi,

Please do the following:

Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/google-redirects-host-process-stopped-working-492696.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Whenever I try to access www dlink com or subdomains or www dzone com I get a quot Connection closed by remote server quot error in Opera similar messages in other browsers When I try to ping or tracert either of the hosts I get a quot Destination host unreachable quot error This has also occurred on other websites which I cannot remember right now and occurs with both Optus my ISP and OpenDNS as dns servers It also seems to be intermittent Yesterday I was able to access www dzone com without any issues for some time yet today and the day before this error was occurring Also possibly unrelated the website www tv com is extremely slow when loading Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue is The traceroute and ping work fine from network-tools com so it must be something from my end The IP s are resolved correctly when certain Unable websites: access host "destination unreachable"? to I ping or tracert the IP shown is correct according to OpenDNS s cache However when typing either the hostname or the Unable to access certain websites: "destination host unreachable"? IP in the address bar I still get the error Thanks for reply Edit Also a ping Unable to access certain websites: "destination host unreachable"? from my router is quot successful quot ie in firmware there is an option to ping hosts and this returns successful All firewalls are disabled Additionally http www dictionary com does not work but the basically aliased http dictionary reference com does However most of the images in http dictionary reference com are served from http sp ask com which doesn t load whereas http ask com does Very weird - nbsp

A:Unable to access certain websites: "destination host unreachable"?

Sounds like you've got a DNS issue. Those are handled by your ISP, so you're pretty much screwed if that's the problem. Here's how to check your DNS connections:

1. Open a command prompt Start -> Run... -> cmd.
If you're using Vista, the command prompt is under the Accessories Menu.

2. At the prompt, type ns lookup, and hit enter. This puts your command prompt into Domain Naming Service lookup mode, meaning you can try to resolve websites' names and ip's from their websites.

3. Type the web address of a known website, such as yahoo.com or google.com, and hit enter. You should get the name and the ip address of the site in the command prompt window.

4. Once you've found one that works every time, this will be your Control site. You know it works, so you use it to check your connection.

5. Now, use the address of one of the sites that's not working. If you do get a reply from the site, then the problem isn't with your ISP. You'll need to check your connection speeds and other network settings to test the problem further. If the websites don't resolve, contact your ISP, and tell them their DNS isn't working properly. You're going to need to get to someone fairly high up the food chain, so be ready to be really patient for that part.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-certain-websites-destination-host-unreachable.775410/
Relevancy 76.11%

My external HD will not eject. In Vista it ejects fine. I west to customize the tray icons and saw this. The eject button listed as "Windows Host Process" What is up with this and is this why it will not eject? I have never seen this before and wonder if it's correct or a bug. I went back a few minutes later and it was showing the icon as normal but still will not eject properly.

Attachment 7971

A:Eject hardware showing "Windows host process"

I had the same problem when trying to remove a flash drive for the last few days but it works fine on my other flash drives.I also have that icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/7001-eject-hardware-showing-windows-host-process.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello First of all I would like to say a few things This is absolutely the weirdest thing problem I've ever experienced with respect to using a personal computer I've had this problem for already about years issue has "resolving going that for been on Random 3yrs internet host" amp tried solving it numerous times It has annoyed me immensely amp I've literally Random "resolving host" internet issue that has been going on for 3yrs tried everything to solve it so this is why I have decided to get deeper into this weird problem I will be handing out every detail because as you will see this is no ordinary thing in my opinion The problem I keep getting random quot resolving host quot messages when I browse the internet To be specific I am just browsing the web for hours Random "resolving host" internet issue that has been going on for 3yrs amp all of a sudden my first quot resolving host quot pops up I can still browse but the more I browse the worse it gets in the sense that the resolving host issue ends up eventually in no web page being able to be browsed That's the endpoint amp to solve this you would have to reboot which solves the problem This issue can not occur for just single days to weeks amp even to months before it starts happening all over again I can be getting it every single day for full weeks every amp then have it disappear for days weeks amp reappear again The pattern at which this occurs is very odd amp it is as if some masochistic hacker is having his way I'm not implying of a hacker but the periodicity of this happening is just odd The browsers might not work because of the dead end I've reached after getting quot resolving host quot by continuing to browse but Spotify would still be working amp I know I am connected because I can search for music amp play it on spotify I did notice that I get it more after the pc starts from sleep mode but it also occurs when I just reboot the computer Everything was normal for a long time amp it randomly just appeared out of nowhere years ago amp there seems to be no way of even understanding what might be the underlying cause of all of this Other weird problems that might be related to this When this quot resolving host quot happens right after I usually not always get other really weird issues Cursor enlarges x with some weird yellow amp pink graphics amp it gets stuck for intervals of to seconds When clicking the mouse during this period of blockage once the cursor unblocks I can hear quot phone button sounds quot from my head phone with every phone button sound being related to every click I made during that - second interval of everything being stuck The cursor can also change into select mode amp it changes color to white so it becomes almost invisible to the eye If I drag a windows window to another place once I click on the window the cursor stays there but another cursor arise out of that cursor which I use to drag the window to my desired place amp once I release the mouse the cursor that stayed behind disappears This mouse frankenstuff can happen regardless of internet connectivity problems I don't care about the cursor problems Actually I did that's why I bought a new mouse But the main thing is that I want to be able to work on the pc without any connectivity issues I've tried capturing all of this with print screen but it does not capture this frankenpointer Instead the screenshot has a normal cursor Things I've tried -Disconnecting amp reconnecting Internet cable when I disconnect the cable I noticed that I would need to wait to MIN before the internet network sign right bellow on the windows bar shows that there is no internet connection This long delay does not happen at times when there is no quot resolving host quot issue After plugging it back in you would again have a delay of min until the symbol showed quot connected quot This replugging doesn't resolve the quot resolving host quot issue -Using different browsers doesn't h... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/389672-random-resolving-host-internet-issue-has-been-going-3yrs.html
Relevancy 76.11%

When I add a virtual switch the host's network dies Basic W - setup with Intel DH RL MB with I -V Ethernet adapter Play by play Observe Host's network functional Create new external Virtual Switch quot VS virtual host switch Adding renders connected" "not ex quot with defaults on IE quot allow host to share quot enabled Observe both Ethernet and vEthernet adapters appear as quot Not Connected quot on host Configure VM to use VS ex and boot Observe VM network functions Shut down Remove VS ex Observe host's network functional I have read Adding virtual switch renders host "not connected" several instructional articles and tried a variety of things but all seem to suggest it should work like this but as you can see in step I'm off the air on just the host I've also read dozens of forum threads with a similar problem but none of the suggestions offered worked for me At the moment my work-around is to make it an internal adapter and bridge on the host This works but I am not satisfied with a work-around Does anyone have an idea how I can make this work

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/32521-adding-virtual-switch-renders-host-not-connected.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I accidentally set "Windows Presentation Foundation Host" to default open in Google Chrome, I don't know why I did. I was experimenting, I guess. I don't know how to fix it.

Windows Presentation Foundation Host is an XAML file. I don't know a whole lot about how computers and their files work, but I know a little like how to navigate with task manager, file explorer, control panel, etc.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you for your time and efforts.

A:"Windows Presentation Foundation Host" opens with Chrome

Hello Sean, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Not sure how you did that, but you should be able to do a system restore using a restore point (if available) dated before you did to undo and fix this.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35723-windows-presentation-foundation-host-opens-chrome.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Today I decide to take a break from my Fedora partition and actually load into windows It had been a day or two and i knew my thunderbird would be bursting at the seams with emails I boot It chugs a bit more than usual I get services stopped for process windows working" "Host an error message about minutes after I boot quot Host process for windows services stopped working and was closed quot It said more than that but it was all trivial information about what might have caused it and whatnot- then it popped up a windows help browser suggesting i run "Host process for windows services stopped working" windows updates because apparently every problem can be fixed with an update it wasn t This shows up every time I boot It doesn t really seem to be affecting anything yet but it still perturbs me and all the things I find on google seem to be particularly vague in the direction of something in the event log without telling me exactly why i m there or what I m looking for let alone how to go about it So what do I do to alleviate myself of this little dialog at login Kthnxbye nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I am running Windows XP SP as a virtual machine in VMWare Player Normally in the quot Safely Remove quot tray icon I had four components by default in addition to whatever USB VMWare disabled remove" Controller USB "safely Host devices I had connected to the virtual machine Recently I chose to quot safely remove quot a USB device but my mouse slipped and instead I quot safely removed quot the quot Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller quot and or the quot Inter R AB EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller quot both are missing now but I think I have written their names correctly The components that remain are quot VMware Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapter quot and quot Creative AudioPCI ES ES WDM quot Now the virtual OS has no USB capability I have VMWare "safely remove" disabled USB Host Controller looked everywhere I can including Device Manager and see no sign of the missing Controllers It seems odd that a virtual component like that could suddenly disappear -- but since it's not a physically-removable drive I can't just plug it back in I have tried doing a Windows Restore to a previous date before my mistake but that did not restore the USB Controllers How can I restore the USB capability

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vmware-safely-remove-disabled-usb-host-controller-474830.html
Relevancy 76.11%

For the last week or so this "Service host: Local System" will run almost the whole time I am on the pc and is cutting my bandwidth in half and eating into my data cap. This happens even if I have nothing running and just sitting on the desktop.

EDIT: It is Gears of War 4 that keeps constantly downloading over and over again even with the Windows Store not even open. Nearly 500 fucking GB in the last week is down the drain as it never will install and just gives error message.

https://hardforum.com/threads/service-host-local-system-killing-my-bandwidth.1912624/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am trying to access the internet wireless on my home network using a COMPAQ Presario V running Windows Vista Home Premium I know my network is fine beacuse other computers and an IPad are having no trouble accessing the "www.google.ca" cannot DNS host using trhe find Solved: Windows name internet wirelessly using our home network This laptop previously accessed the internet just fine until I installed a new router DLink Model DIR and since I installed the new router I haven t been able to access the web using this laptop wirelessly When I look at the Network and Sharing Centre it looks like my wireless laptop connection to my home network is OK but there is a red X between my home network and the internet even though I am accessing the intenet just fine using other computers in the house My laptop seems to be connected to the Solved: Windows cannot find trhe host name "www.google.ca" using DNS home network but it won t let me connect to the web can anyone help me figure this out nbsp

A:Solved: Windows cannot find trhe host name "www.google.ca" using DNS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-cannot-find-trhe-host-name-www-google-ca-using-dns.946542/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am still having this problem that I thought was fixed on Oct 28th. See that post under operating system-windows xp.
I used hijax and i also followed the instructions that were left for me regarding this matter. But it is stilll happening. I also uninstalled the add-on for msn plus and it still is doing this when i'm online. When i'm online and this process needs to close i can no longer access the internet even though it says i'm online. Please Help!!!!

A:"Generic host process for Win32 services" needs to close

This is all the things that I have done to try to fix this problem with the suggestions that you have given to me. It had worked for a while and now the problem is back any suggestions would help....

I ran a scan using the link above with the hijackthis program and 20 items were listed. However I'm not sure what to do with the items it found.....
This is what it found. Sorry for the long post

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 12:21:22 PM, on 10/28/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETASS~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashmaisv.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.vlpuptfwgtpveihgymmmkyjl...8atYNEwNa3.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://sympatico.msn.ca/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7EA2910F-7CBB-9772-A0B6-CA9D9F9261E5} - C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\APPLIC~1\AUDIOT~1\frag seek.exe
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\NETASS~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ashMaiSv] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashmaisv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ChicBikeBalmTitle] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\link mp3 chic bike\Meow dupe.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Love Defy] C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\APPLIC~1\GREYPU~1\FileMeet.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /WinStart
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{3540AE63-C12C-4047-BC10-B4E64FB2E260}: NameServer = 206.47.244.43 206.47.244.89
You did exactly right in the way you posted back,there is not much wrong in your log,just put a tick by each of the following and after closing all open windows have hijack FIX them

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.vlpuptfwgtpveihgymmmkyjl...8atYNEwNa3.html
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm

Fix these too:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7EA2910F-7CBB-9772-A0B6-CA9D9F9261E5} - C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\APPLIC~1\AUDIOT~1\fr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-host-process-for-win32-services-needs-to-close.293229/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey everyone,

When i try to run movieclips i get the message "Windows Host process "RunDLL32" has stopped working.

Should i just ignore this message considering the fact that the movieclip still play, or is there a way to fix it.

i can post a hijackthis logfile if need be, also please let me know if you require me to post "silent scanner" logfile

Yours faithfully

Darren u.k
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Service pack 2
manufacturer: Emachines
Model: E4212
Inter Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz
Ram 1.00GB
32 Bit Op System

Relevancy 76.11%

I have this major issue in 2 of my computers. I lost internet connectivity. I run on Wired DSL connection ( always on ). I did try to check ipaddress of my computer and it ends up with Internal error

" An internal error occurred: the system cannot find the file specified. Additional information: Unable to query hostname "

after googleing over internet i found that if we replace tcpip.sys from
c:\windows\system32\drivers
with a new version of tcpip.sys from
c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386

Tried killing some of the ghost devices from device manager ( non plug and play drivers with exclaimation mark / Band )
I tried winsock reset and loading tcp/ip over again with no success

Any help highly appreciated ... !!

A:"Internal Error Unable to Query HOST" when we try to Use ipconfig

ipconfig.exe should be found in c:\windows\system32 and have a version number of 5.1.2600.2180 for XP SP2. A copy should also exist in c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386

Ipconfig must be run from a command window; eg: Start > run cmd

ipconfig /all

If you still get an error, run eventvwr.msc and look in the event logs for more information.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-error-unable-to-query-host-when-we-try-to-use-ipconfig.408502/
Relevancy 76.11%

After installing Office 365 with SkyDrive, my memory use went to cripplingly high levels.

Making adjustments to SkyDrive settings helped for a while, but I?m again at 95% or higher memory use according to Task Manager.

By far the largest demand for memory is from a process called ?Service Host: Local System.? This is a 64-bit machine, if that?s relevant. I?d be grateful for advice on how to get my memory use back down to normal levels. Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/23247-very-high-memory-use-service-host-skydrive-related.html
Relevancy 76.11%

As soon as I start an application (Cadence Allegro PCB Designer 16.5 but I don't think it's relevant) my CPU usage gets to the roof and stays there long after I killed the application and I believe I every associated process. The CPU usage is so high that the battery will be drained after about 45 minutes (It usually last about 3 hours).

According to my task manager the responsible is "Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)". As a matter of fact, preventing the executable from accessing the network sort of solves the issue. I don't believe I need that executable to access the network but I'd like to understand what kind of network service can consume that much CPU (was actually affraid of overheating) and to know if there's a more appropriate way to solve this. Thanks.

A:"Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)" High CPU Usage

Hi Lous!

I'm having the complete same error with another one of Cadences programs, OrCAD.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/9167-service-host-local-system-network-restricted-high-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello Like many others it seems I am Popups, "Host Redirects, Process working" Random Google stopped experiencing Google Redirects, Random Popups, "Host Process stopped working" difficulties with all searches on Firefox and IE being redirected to advertisement sites Also every so often Google Redirects, Random Popups, "Host Process stopped working" a new tab will randomly open to an advertisement site Additionally I have experienced the error message quot Host process for windows services stopped working and was closed quot about a dozen times After this happens Windows Media Player will stop showing the time countdown for songs and videos and Firefox windows will look more like a Windows window hard to explain but the smooth looking display common to Vista seems to be replaced by a more rigid display in the window All of this started happening yesterday First I experienced non-stop warnings from Sysinternal Antivirus I followed some directions from a Google search and managed to get those to stop But now I'm stuck with this other problem of persistent pop-ups and other problems The computer is years old so I have no idea where the Windows CD is Finally I wasn't able to compress the two requested files with anything other than WinRAR it was the default option when I followed the instructions and I couldn't find the Windows Zip utility so I just attached both txt files I hope this isn't an issue Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Matt at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd Bluetooth LBTServ exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Cisco Cisco NAC Agent NACAgent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPCapSvc exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPSched exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Cisco Cisco NAC Agent NACAgentUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr ex... Read more

A:Google Redirects, Random Popups, "Host Process stopped working"

Bump, please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/google-redirects-random-popups-host-process-stopped-working-488259.html
Relevancy 76.11%

When I view my notification area icons, I see an entry for "host process for windows tasks". I believe it is related to either rundll32 or task host, both of which are all in their legitimate folders.

is there any reason why this would be here? It is set to show only notifications. What notifications would taskhost make?

A:malicious? "Host process for windows tasks" in notification area icons

http://i.stack.imgur.com/uYs6M.png

Here is an image of what im looking at.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359413-malicious-host-process-windows-tasks-notification-area-icons.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Well I feel pretty stupid right now Recently I was moving a bunch of files onto a new hard drive when my system would try to load the thumbnails of some I would get the error in the subject and so assumed the file was corrupt and Windows Variation has (Rundll32) "host stopped process A of working" Minor deleted it later downloading a fresh copy The fresh copies however give me the same error which of course restarts explorer The files themselves have worked before and are from reasonably Windows A Minor Variation of "host process (Rundll32) has stopped working" reputable sites I doubt they're the issue It occurred to me that when this error would occur the little Matroska symbol would be flashing like mad and after posting on another forum decided my best bet would be to uninstall the codec pack with Matroska Unfortunately I believe I did the exact opposite of what I wanted to I may have uninstalled every codec except ffdshow matroska haali splitter etc as the error was still present after the restart but Windows A Minor Variation of "host process (Rundll32) has stopped working" the folder was empty The only difference seems to be that explorer just restarts without the error message

A:Windows A Minor Variation of "host process (Rundll32) has stopped working"

Exactly what are the system specs and do you have a Vista disk.

You may need to run the system file checker and it could require the system disk.

In regards to your immediate issue I would recommend doing a system restore to a day prior to this event so that it can be undone and then we can look into it further and possibly determine what the issue is.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-a-minor-variation-of-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-505977.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Startup problem When I start up my desktop computer it will Process" & Problem! Inside** "Generic **HijackThis Log Startup Internet Host usually just load up to the point of my desktop background no icons or start bar will appear and it will just sit at the desktop background I then I have to do a hard restart and try booting up again Once in a while it will load up like normal with the icons and start bar appearing but this is very rare about Startup & Internet "Generic Host Process" Problem! **HijackThis Log Inside** out of boots on average Also I can't seem to enter Safe Mode when I boot up Internet Problem When I start up my internet through my mobile broadband USB stick it will only work for a few minutes and then the internet will lose connectivity and I will get a problem saying quot Generic Host Process for Win Services Has Encountered A Problem quot After this I can no longer connect to the internet I have to restart the computer again if I want to connect to the internet and I have to endure the startup problem as described above I have tried downloading a fix from Microsoft KB but it doesn't work Hope someone can help me fix these problems These problems seemed to happen after I updated to Service Pack and also tried to update my graphics card drivers Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system DeltTray exe C Program Files Alarm Me AlarmMe exe C Program Files Privacyware Privatefirewall PF exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files T-Mobile Mobile Broadband Manager UIExec exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files RVX RVX exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files USB TV EM XX BDARemote exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Softexe Cursor Hider CursorHider exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C Program Files Privacyware Privatefirewall pfsvc exe C WINDOWS System PnkBstrA exe C Program Files O bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files T-Mobile Mobile Broadband Manager AssistantServices exe c program files common files installshield updateservice isuspm exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings S Bizzy My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Google R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank O - BHO bho gr Class - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plug... Read more

A:Startup & Internet "Generic Host Process" Problem! **HijackThis Log Inside**

Any ideas.. anyone? :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/startup-and-internet-generic-host-process-problem-hijackthis-log-inside-575851.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi it me mark here again

I want to know what this means

"Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host hast stop working"

It keeps appearing every 5 sec or so

But the worst thing is that when i restart my Laptop The whole screen goes black
after loading the Window Vista logo and a pop up appears saying

"Explorer has stop working"

and i can no longer log on to windows

And the only way to fix it is by Reformatting the drive

But the weird thing is that I can press ctrl+alt+Del to restart my computer

What is wrong??

I check some forum they say it is MS outlook 2007 problem?? But I didn't install that

I only installed Ms Words, Powerpoint and excel

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/264557-microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-hast-stop-working.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I'm new here and I did a quick search and couldn't find any answers to these two problems im having First problem is Upon trying to Hibernate my computer i get a BSoD with the following error details and "New Controller Found" BSoD Dialog. Hardware SCSI/RAID Host DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Stop codes X D XOOOOOOOC X FF X XA D AB hiber atapi sys Address A D AB base at A CF DateStamp d I also tried BSoD and SCSI/RAID Host Controller "New Hardware Found" Dialog. removing RAM sticks one at a time and also tried removing CR-ROM drive error still shows up I've been searching for resolutions to this and they all say quot hardware driver confliction quot but i havn't BSoD and SCSI/RAID Host Controller "New Hardware Found" Dialog. made ANY changes to any drivers on my laptop My second BSoD and SCSI/RAID Host Controller "New Hardware Found" Dialog. problem and this started prior to the BSoD I was checking through my hardware profile for a problem i had earlier with my dislpay not turning back on when I opened my laptop i noticed the SCSI RAID Host Controller had a yellow symbol next to it I tried to update the driver no update available so I tried uninstalling it restart and now i constantly get a dialog saying Found New Hardware Wizard saying quot SCSI RAID Host Controller hardware found Try to run the install wizard and it says Cannot Install Hardware So I close out of it and the wizard starts over again anyone with any insight on this it is greatly apperciated My System is Dell Insirion B bought in August of Intel Pentium M GHz Gb RAM Dell Inc board version A Bios and here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Ford Motor Company IDS Runtime Starburst exe C Program Files Ford Motor Company IDS Runtime EngineeringFeedback exe C Program Files Ford Motor Company IDS Runtime ProbeTickHandler exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Ford Motor Company IDS Runtime XMLRegistryD exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files I kfanGUI I kfanGUI exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe C Documents and Settings Chaun Start Menu Programs Startup SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www crawler com search dispat s amp tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www wslx dealerconnection co on com portal R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www crawler com search ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http dnl crawler com support sa cu spx TbId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explor... Read more

A:BSoD and SCSI/RAID Host Controller "New Hardware Found" Dialog.

noone?????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-and-scsi-raid-host-controller-new-hardware-found-dialog-456737.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have just installed a firewire card in my machine (see specs below) and it just comes up the device cannot start. I haven't really come across this problem all that much so I'm not really sure where to start.

Windows picks up the card as a "VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host
Controller" but then in device manager says it cannot start.

Here is my machines current specs:
MSI KT3-Ultra2 Mainboard
AMD Duron 1.3GHz Processor
768MB RAM

PCI Cards in order as they are in the machine -
AGP - Geforce FX5200
PCI - Askey TV Tuner/Video Capture Card
PCI - Nothing - slot is used for more rear USB ports
PCI - 10/100 Network Card
PCI - FireWire Card
PCI - Belkin Wireless Network card

Running Windows XP Home SP2.
Any Suggestions?

A:VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller "Device Cannot Start"

Try uninstalling the driver and rebooting. Or Try the Firewire card in another PCI slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/via-ohci-compliant-ieee-1394-host-controller-device-cannot-start.304845/
Relevancy 76.11%

Startup problem When I start up my desktop computer it will usually Startup Process" "Generic & Internet Inside** Host **HijackThis Log Problem! just load up to the point of my desktop background no icons or start bar will appear and it will just sit at the desktop background I then I have to do a hard restart and try booting up again Once in a while it will Startup & Internet "Generic Host Process" Problem! **HijackThis Log Inside** load Startup & Internet "Generic Host Process" Problem! **HijackThis Log Inside** up like normal with the icons and start bar appearing but this is very rare about out of boots on average Also I can t seem to enter Safe Mode when I boot up Internet Problem When I start up my internet through my mobile broadband USB stick it will only work for a few minutes and then the internet will lose connectivity and I will get a problem saying quot Generic Host Process for Win Services Has Encountered A Problem quot after this I can no longer connect to the internet Startup & Internet "Generic Host Process" Problem! **HijackThis Log Inside** I have to restart the computer again if I want to connect to the internet and I have to endure the startup problem as described above I have tried downloading a fix from Microsoft KB but it doesn t work Hope someone can help me fix these problems These problems seemed to happen after I updated to Service Pack and also tried to update my graphics card drivers Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system DeltTray exe C Program Files Alarm Me AlarmMe exe C Program Files Privacyware Privatefirewall PF exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files T-Mobile Mobile Broadband Manager UIExec exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files RVX RVX exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files USB TV EM XX BDARemote exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Softexe Cursor Hider CursorHider exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C Program Files Privacyware Privatefirewall pfsvc exe C WINDOWS System PnkBstrA exe C Program Files O bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files T-Mobile Mobile Broadband Manager AssistantServices exe c program files common files installshield updateservice isuspm exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings S Bizzy My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank O - BHO bho gr Class - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-... Read more

A:Startup & Internet "Generic Host Process" Problem! **HijackThis Log Inside**

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-internet-generic-host-process-problem-hijackthis-log-inside.997745/
Relevancy 75.68%

Microsoft Office 2016 won't finish installing, it has been stuck on "finalizing installation. This may take a few minutes" for over a half an hour now. the progress bar is about three quarters full and has been for more than a half an hour. I googled the problem but only junk results came up. I googled the message again in quotes but only results pertaining to Office XP and Windows XP showed up, way too old and outdated to be of any relevance now days.

Can anybody help me get the ball rolling?

This is an ASUS T100TA Windows tablet

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54213-office-2016-installation-stuck-finalizing-installation.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello all for days now iv been trying to install w bit i have read a lot of messages here about fixing my problem and non Windows 32bit installation" "completing (AGA installation 7 at freezes of them was a success When installing w after the first reset the installation returns to the screen where it shows the progress of the installation the only thing left is quot completing installation quot it hangs on that screen for hours and wouldnt contoniue i can move my mouse but it dosent give much help things i tried untill now disconnecting all drives beside the one i want to install w on it Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA disconnecting a pci card of USB slots disable all usb controls from bios my mouse and keyboard are connected with quot blue quot and quot purple quot connections disable floppy which does not exist - which didnt solve the problem but made the installation much faster Change in the bios from PCI to PEG Additional Notes I have only one monitor which is a LCD TV which connected to the nvidia graphic card with DVI to HD cable in the installation it shows that i have partitions in this hardisk and i have only as far as i know the third one has a MB capacity mybe its related some how I have seen that people gave suggestions about a utility which fixes the hardrive and maybe solve the problem but i have no operating system to do so I dont know much about my computer and i dont have any operating system to check it i only know that i have intel core ghz gb ram some gigabyte motherboard and some nvidia graphic card Please help me im one step away from installing XP again

A:Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA

Is it the stage where it freezes ?
Which process of installation are you trying ? Are you upgrading your XP installation with windows 7 ; or you installing 7 with formatting the C drive ? Sometimes upgrading takes enormous time to be completed compared with clean install .

You follow this tutorial : Clean Install Windows 7 ... follow steps 6, 7 and 8 carefully , I hope there would not be a further problem . All the best

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/120633-windows-7-32bit-installation-freezes-completing-installation-aga.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I got this msg when i started my computer Here is my logfile I find these two fishy but don t know what they are O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O for problem a needed Services to Process Host and Win32 "Generic encountered close" - HKCU Run Name Part C DOCUME COMPAQ APPLIC FILMTI inter error phone exe Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close" Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close" exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS runservice exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe c progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN SG amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www soccernet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN SG amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www soccernet com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - ... Read more

A:"Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-host-process-for-win32-services-encountered-a-problem-and-needed-to-close.344557/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey guys Ever since I did a clean install about a month and half ago I ve been receiving the quot Generic Host Process for Win Services has encountered a problem and needs to close quot error I ve done massive amounts of Google searches reading Host error alert Process virus Solved: and svchost.exe for Win Services" "Generic 32 trying alleged fixes but nothing has worked My Solved: "Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services" error and svchost.exe virus alert virus software Avast has also detected numerous viruses stemming from the svchost exe process Whether this has something to do with it or not I have no certain idea A few sites have said they re related in some way but I m not too sure This as you can imagine has been getting very annoying especially with the upcoming release of Black Ops looming and my computer not being Solved: "Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services" error and svchost.exe virus alert up to scratch to play it So far I have tried solutions such as Windows updates Virus Adware Malware etc scans scripting and the such but nothing has yet fixed my problem If you can give me a solution that works I would be very grateful Cheers RedFOX PS If you need logs such as Solved: "Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services" error and svchost.exe virus alert those from HijackThis I can supply those as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-generic-host-process-for-win-32-services-error-and-svchost-exe-virus-alert.960396/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi My Sony VAIO laptop computer is not feeling well I have Windows Vista bit which i have presumably upgraded to at least SP As for Service Pack i can not install it due to the problems i am about to describe When i first log into Windows i log in as my only user account named quot Lizard quot which is also my administrator account Among the very first messages i get is an error from RunDLL stating that quot and blocked malware, Update stopped "Host CMDS working" Windows process Error loading C Users Lizard AppData Local Temp ddcAsqpO dll quot After closing that alert - everything works just fine for between to minutes Then i get another message that says quot Host process for Windows services stopped working and was closed quot After this error message my beloved laptop goes through a Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde tranformation Everything related to Windows Explorer goes in slow motion if i - for instance CMDS malware, blocked Windows Update and "Host process stopped working" want to save an image i have created - i have to wait for several minutes before the computer unfreezes That is if i m lucky enough to get it back in the first place I have tried to get relevant updates for Windows apart from Service Pack i have also tried to use Windows Update but i get an error message CMDS malware, blocked Windows Update and "Host process stopped working" during the download procedure and then nothing CMDS malware, blocked Windows Update and "Host process stopped working" is installed The same applies to Spyware Doctor a program that used to run regular scans of my computer earlier but now has been paralyzed by something Beeing a happy amateur my investigations have produced very little I have however - come up with the following conclusions The error message at start up - quot ddcAsqpO dll quot - is related to some sort of evil malware called quot CMDS quot To get rid of CMDS require expertise far beyond my humble comprehension That s it Now i m clueless Is there a chance that my problems are related to the CMDS-program Maybe i have more baddies in my computer that are ganging up on me I have posted a HiJackThis log below for analysis by someone more initiated than myself Thank You very much in advance Stefan B Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony Network Utility LANUtil exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files LivePerson Expert LPExpertMessenger exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www club-vaio com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www club-vaio com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go mi... Read more

A:CMDS malware, blocked Windows Update and "Host process stopped working"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cmds-malware-blocked-windows-update-and-host-process-stopped-working.836071/
Relevancy 75.68%

I recently got a new laptop and stopped working..." Services Process "Host Windows sometimes: doesn't work Sound for I've been having a lot of trouble with the sound It is the laptop seen here http www bestbuy com site olspage Sometime the audio works but then if I pause a song and attempt to resume it a few minutes later errors occur and the audio seems to be disabled quot Windows Audio Sound doesn't work sometimes: "Host Process for Windows Services stopped working..." has stopped working quot flashes quickly followed by quot Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is available quot Then if Sound doesn't work sometimes: "Host Process for Windows Services stopped working..." I right click on the small volume icon in the bottom right by the time go to quot Playback Devices quot I get the following message quot This computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio Service is not enabled Would you like to enable the Windows Audio Service quot I click yes and the audio works again but even after this it still acts funny Things of note Sometimes the Volume Up Down Off buttons Sound doesn't work sometimes: "Host Process for Windows Services stopped working..." on my keyboard work and sometimes they do not After this problem occurs and I restart it by going to Playback Devices the audio cannot be turned up down in Windows Media Player I must manually adjust my external speakers I'm using Windows Media Player because Songbird and iTunes seem to freeze up every time I try to play music through them When I first got my laptop I installed a few programs and ran into some problems I forgot exactly what they were so I reinstalled Windows I thought I updated every driver fully This problem has been occuring since purchase No single even happened that made it start occuring frequently Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated

A:Sound doesn't work sometimes: "Host Process for Windows Services stopped working..."

Hi -

Run a DirectX kernel diag report -
START | dxdiag | if x64, bottom-center "64-bit" | save as text - bottom-center

Zip the text file up and attach to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-doesnt-work-sometimes-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-416847.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I pretty much don't really know much about my p c system as I'm not usually the one looking into the works of my p c In fact all I know is what I've seen others do So forgive me restricted)(11)" eating virtual (network Local system "service memory host: in my ignorance I've looked around and saw that either no one has my issue or if they do the fixes are generally confusing nbsp I bought a laptop with windows bout - months ago I not sure if the issues started when I upgraded to windows or just afterwards but they've been going on for a few weeks My computer is running out of virtual memory at the most random times Usually it starts to run out of virtual memory after a couple of days of it being left on with standby If I close most my active programs the memory changes by - If I have "service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory more then four programs open at this stage it warns me that my virtual memory is being used up I am usually using Chrome or firefox but that would refuse to stay open for more then seconds so I uninstalled it steam chatting only musicbee and task manager Task manager usage http i imgur com qpRPBxqh jpg Warning nbsp http i imgur com X TK png My only virus scan is Windows defender and it claims no threats were detected nbsp I have gig of ram but I'm not positive how to check virtual memory Or even where to start with fixing this issue nbsp Anyway thank you in advance and if you need more information just let me know

A:"service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory

Hi,
First, let me explain that Virtual memory is used when your RAM is filled up or when you put a laptop into hibernate mode (hibernate mode essentially dumps your RAM onto the hard drive so it can pick up where it left off even after power is shut off).
Since the general shut down of Windows 8 or 8.1 likes a combined hibernate  so that windows can start up quickly, I consider that this issue is caused by such shut down and fast boot.
I suggest we disable fast boot to check the issue:
To Turn "Fast Startup" On or Off in System Settings on this article:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html
Also, we can try to reset virtual memory to see what?s going on.
Configure Virtual Memory in Windows 8
http://www.trainingtech.net/configure-virtual-memory-in-windows-8/
If the issue persists, please test it in Clean boot mode:
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue doesn?t appear, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic
half services.
If the issue persists in Clean boot mode, let?s run Process explorer to view which program calling service host causing this issue, and we can remove it to see what?s going on:

Process Explorer v15.40
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Detail steps you can refer this blog:
How to troubleshoot high cpu in the System process
http://blogs.technet.com/b/yongrhee/archive/2009/08/07/how-to-troubleshoot-high-cpu-in-the-system-process.aspx
It could help you to determine which process detailed under svhost.exe cause the issue.
Keep post.Kate Li
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/96deedbe-b1c1-45b5-9428-e6938f48d81d/quotservice-host-local-system-network-restricted11quot-eating-virtual-memory?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,

I've been getting "generic Host process for Win32" error msgs of late, resulting in the volume control not working (missing active mixer or something). Everything works fine after a reboot, but the problem keeps occuring.

I've searched the 'net and apparently other people have experienced the same problem as me. Unfortunately, no one replied to their posts, so I have no solution. Was hoping you guys would!

I'm using WinXP, and Spybot has gotten rid of all the spyware it could fine. I am, however, having problems with Gator I think. Spybot gets rid of it, but the pesky mouse add-on still comes on occasionally (when your cursor changes from an arrow to something else).

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-host-process-for-win32-error-msg-unable-to-access-volume-ctrl.275694/
Relevancy 75.68%

I get the following error Services Host for Win32 "Help" Process Generic report after i restart my pc can somebody help Generic Host Process for Win Services encountered a problem and needed to close this is the data this error report contains szAppName svchost exe szAppVer szModName unkown szModVer offset this is the technical information about the error report C DOCUME JOSEHE LOCALS Temp WERd dir svchost exe mdmp C DOCUME JOSEHE LOCALS Temp WERd dir "Help" Generic Host Process for Win32 Services appcompat txt And the following was on my "Help" Generic Host Process for Win32 Services startup Startup item dumprep -u Command systemroot system dumprep -u Location HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurentVersion Run Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files Juno exec exe C Program Files Juno exec exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system osk exe C WINDOWS system MSSWCHX EXE C Documents and Settings Jose Hernandez Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http my juno com s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my juno com s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http my juno com s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my juno com s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http my juno com s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http my juno com s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Ok Computer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook URLSearchHook Class - D CDBF- AF - AA- -BD D DA C B - C Program Files JUSearch SearchEnh dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar JunoBar - FAC - BF - DD-B A -A EA CFF CF - C Program Files Juno toolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item IE Zoom amp In - C PROGRA IEZOOM IE Zoom In htm O - Extra context menu item IE Zoom O amp ut - C PROGRA IEZOOM IE Zoom Out htm O - Extra context menu item IE Zoomer Help - C PROGRA IEZOOM IE Zoomer Help htm O - Extra context menu item Open in IE amp Zoomer - C PROGRA IEZOOM Open in IE Zoomer htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console ... Read more

A:"Help" Generic Host Process for Win32 Services

See post 2 here:

http://forums.techguy.org:80/t342288&highlight=svchost.exe.html

I don't know whether there is a solution to this or not, but I would like to see the results of

tasklist /svc /fi "imagename eq svchost.exe" run from a command prompt.

Is this error occuring on every reboot, or just some?

And have you been to Windows Update and downloaded and installed ALL current updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-generic-host-process-for-win32-services.343547/
Relevancy 75.68%

I am trying to connect a hp pavilion dv to my network and when I connect to my home network I only get local find host "www.microsoft.com". known failed Windows well to the only access When i run the diagonsitics to see why it Windows failed to find the well known host "www.microsoft.com". does not get internet access i get the message that quot Windows failed to find the well known host quot www microsoft com Windows failed to find the well known host "www.microsoft.com". quot Using DNS quot I have other computers that are connected to this network and they have no problems at all getting access to the internet I have attempted to turnoff and reset my router and modem several times and still get the same results Heres is my network information obtained from ipconfig all if it helps Host Name owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Sunday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-C - -FE- - B- -BE-D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B- -BE-D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Windows failed to find the well known host "www.microsoft.com".

Let's expand that and add some pings.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-failed-to-find-the-well-known-host-www-microsoft-com.887929/