Windows Support Forum

HP Pavillion DV9000

Q: HP Pavillion DV9000

Hi,

was wondering if anyone could help me please, i installed windows 7 onto my laptop a while ago and as i don't use my CD-ROM very much i've only recently realised it no longer works, i've had a look under device management and 'coprocessor' has a yellow triangle by it and ! mark ?

I'm really useless when it comes to technology but was wondering if anyone could help me in finding out how to fix this problem please?

i've tried to update driver software but that does not work, and states windows could not find driver software for your device

and underneath properties it states;

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element."

thanks again for any help really appreciate it

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Pavillion DV9000

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Pavillion DV9000

Hi LOu33z,welcome to the forums, download and reinstall the chipset drivers Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv9000 CTO Notebook PC - HP technical support (United Kingdom - English) you may have to install them in compatibility mode for Vista as they are the only drivers supported

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/154713-hp-pavillion-dv9000.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Need help HP pavilion do9000 is very slow what can I do nothing on it is worth keeping because I got it off of Craigslist is there a way I can fix it

A:I am new to computers an i have a used hp pavillion dv9000 a...

I hope you did not pay too much for it since the dv9000 is known to possibly have serious problems with the motherboard. Still, we would need to know a bit more about it to figure out what it is possible to do. Some of them came with as little as 1 gig of memory and that would explain why it is so slow and would not be expensive to fix. Look on the bottom of the laptop for the full model number. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/I-am-new-to-computers-an-i-have-a-used-hp-pavillion-dv9000/td-p/5648023
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I need to replace a screen on the above laptop - however I am unsure which screen I need - there seems to be one with a dual back light - and a 17.3" screen size as wellas the 17" - any ideas how I could find out which part I need ?

A:HP Pavillion DV9000 - Which screen to replace

Look on the back of the screen itself there should be some numbers on the back of the screen type model number from the back of the screen into google or eBay that will give you the correct screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv9000-which-screen-to-replace.157418/
Relevancy 73.96%

My HD crashed and no, I didn't back it up. I installed new drive and fresh load of Vista 64. (I actually like Vista) it is updating as we speak. What I need to know is where to get all of the stuff HP put on it when they built it. Right now the cd drive works but the remote control doesn't nor does the wireless. I know some of the SW that HP installs from the factory is intrusive, but I'd really like to put this thing back to as new condition.
Where can I get this base load HP software?
Thanks

A:HP Pavillion dv9000 base software

Here you go.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv9000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/1842187/model/1842188/drivers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571756/hp-pavillion-dv9000-base-software/
Relevancy 73.1%

ok so i have a dv hp pavillion with win vista home premium actually the laptop is a series but that shouldnt matter to much just for some of you to pinpoint the problem more accurately First of all thanks for reading and trying to diagnose this wierd problem Problem is as states i originally found a problem with my laptop shortly turning it off one day the problem was that when i closed the lid on the laptop shortly after it would shut down as in not sleep but i could hear the hdd awkardly turn on hear the fan then it would kick off and power problem hp pavillion Laptop lid dv9000 i could hear the hdd loose power like if you were to unplug a from a usb connection passed it as a power issue and quickly went into the power settings to make sure that hybrid hybernation was turned off that sleep was the only option for lid Laptop dv9000 hp pavillion lid power problem closings and there were no timers on and everything is how it should have been and dismissed the problem once again shortly after noticing this problem it the power issue when i close the lid became more of an instant thing like it would try to sleep only to have the computer go into a state loosing power all together as i shut the lid or something to that effect so i thought that the lid option or some sys driver may have failed or became corrupt over several years of using my laptop so i decided to venture into the old manual and box get the system restore disks and proceed unfortuantely this didnt fix the problem either so i have elimenated several things so far one itts not the power options two its not the OS itself so i thought it may be something else and started to just shut the computer down when i had to close the lid but to my suprise even if i shut the comptuer down via the Fn Fx button or the start shutdown option and waited untill the computer fully shut down and then closed the lid it still did the same thing as i would close the lid it would power on only briefly then shut off as if it would totally loose power so now i am at a standstill and am asking for some help as i have no idea what this is other than the lid switch or something more familiar with these laptop models and it being something more of the internal hardware any help will work and i can post any type of diagnostic data needed thanks ps the laptop is officially a dv cl with a C D ghz processor gb of ddr mhz two hdds one has been replaced the os drive a gb wd black mb cache and the second is the factory installed hitatchi gb storage drive both independent from each other nbsp

A:Laptop dv9000 hp pavillion lid power problem

Have you tried restoring the laptop to the original purchased state? Or even doing a Windows Restore to an earlier time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-dv9000-hp-pavillion-lid-power-problem.146359/
Relevancy 73.1%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft on lost dv9000 XP Pavillion audio my Pro Solved: Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm Solved: XP Pro on Pavillion dv9000 lost my audio X Mobile Technology TL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Solved: XP Pro on Pavillion dv9000 lost my audio Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta D None Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled big problems I have spent well over hours trying to fix this headache a few days ago AVG Free posted a window quot we have found x number of virus on your computer Allow us to send to vault quot trusted program so I agreed oooppss the result was at least for now my audio is gone the speaker icon on startup bar is gone in Control Panel says quot no audio device quot conexant HD audio smart audio when anything pops up in windows I hear a quot beep quot but that is the only sound I can get I have tried uninstalling the Conexant HD Audio device and re-installing via the HP website am unable to install drivers it will not accept them I have checked all the obvious - bios windows sound is quot started quot In control panel-system-device mgr there is a yellow question mark quot other devices quot then under that quot audio device on high def audio bus quot I even retrieved the files from the avg vault and then ran malwarebytes on my system turning up no issues but sound still does not work looked on forums and tried several remedies to no avail Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

We pick up,a version of the sirefef DT virus.Been busy with somebody here that helps to clean it.However,my question,according to the IT guy(who helps me local),it might be qiucker just to just do a complete new installation( i do not have a disk).I wants to know,how safe would the recovery partition be.Would the virus not also been able to infect that part.As its vital that i do not infect my other computers too,with this crap.

A:Hp PAVILLION DV9000 series infected with virus

Performing a System Recovery with the recovery partition should solve your problem.Of course it is easier, there is little to no work involved. The trouble is that all your information is lost and the computer is restored to factory conditions.If this is something you're interested in, then yes, it will work.Having said that, I suggest working with the Malware Removal Team to clean out your computer.I would run you through the usual scans, but I see you have done that in another thread.I also see you have started a thread in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section, but you didn't follow any of the other instructions given.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Make sure to follow all directions this time (the DDS and GMER log are especially important):Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453933/hp-pavillion-dv9000-series-infected-with-virus/
Relevancy 72.24%

I am trying to restore to factory settings. I do have 3 disks that came with it. I did a back up of my files but I am not sure what is all backed up. Are all my emails in Outlook on the back up? What about all the files on my desktop?

Any help would be great!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1982 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 140435 MB, Free - 23526 MB; D: Total - 12189 MB, Free - 1386 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30D1
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 71.38%

My screen went black. At firdt I thought there were no images/graphics, but when i shine light on screen I can see graphics and navigate with no problem. Blue LCD light is on above the "end"/"pg up" button.

I recently did full reset to factory settings....tho computer was working fine for 4-5 days after that.. I may have hit some buttons on keyboard. Last download before issue was Adobe Photoshop trial download.

A:HP Pavillion DV9000..Vista...black screen but ca nsee with flashlight

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-dv9000-vista-black-screen-but-ca-nsee-with-flashlight.913868/
Relevancy 64.07%

Everything was fine.........started factory reset. Then added google chrome.  Well then i thought better and downloaded wiki tor. Thats where computer shut down !  When turned on ,the screen shows no activity.  Ive tried all "F" key's, with no luck. I just don't know what to try now since most of the "tips" have been unsuccessful. Any help greatly appreciated !

A:HP Pavillion dv9000 " VISTA" All of a sudden....

Exactly what factory re-set was done here ? ?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,155726.0.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Does anyone know if a DV9000 HP laptop has the same motherboard as a DV8000 HP laptop?

A:Hp dv9000

Please chat with support and find out immediately:
Here--> http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv9000.114608/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a HP dv9000 laptop with 17 inch mon. with 1680 resolution. The screens coming in from the internet programs ( such as comcast home screen) are all in different sizes, and the print is so small it is unreadable. HP has not been able to help. Has anyone with a dv9000 had this problem and did you get it resolved. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-new-dv9000.604321/
Relevancy 43.43%

I bought a second-hand dv9000 for my kids to use, without a hdd. I went and bought a WD Scorpio Blue 500gb Sata drive, and have been entirely unable to get the computer to see it. I've tried installed the AHCI drivers, but after 'installing', there's still no drive on which to put the OS (vista). Any suggestions?

Relevancy 43%

Hello The hard drive crashed on my buddy s laptop its a stuck spindle trying to spin up with siren So I took the hard drive out and was going to replace it I wanted to run some memory tests so I poped in my bootable linux CD Parted Magic and it will not boot to the CD I checked the boot order in the BIOS and its fine I also tried a few other bootable CDs I have and still wont boot so its not my CDs I did get Parted Magic to boot one time but as it was loading up the laptop rebooted by HP a still HD? dv9000 Will without function a its self Its Will a HP dv9000 still function without a HD? doing some weird stuff It will reboot over and over when it gets to the quot HP invent quot start up screen Sometimes it wont boot at all just gets stuck on a black screen Sometimes it will get stuck on the quot HP invent quot screen until I turn it off And sometimes it will make it to the quot Operating system not found quot because nothing is installed and it wont boot to my CD Now I can access BIOS but that s about all I can do I get no POST beeps I m thinking it was hit by a surge and the whole laptop is fried Kinda weird that all of these problems started at the same time I don t wanna buy a new hard drive and have it be the motherboard or some other hard ware problem So my question is will the HP dv still function with out a hard drive Or is this some HP thing where it needs a hard drive to run I know on other computers Ive worked on I can boot from a CD with just RAM a vid card and a CD drive Any thoughts Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-hp-dv9000-still-function-without-a-hd.982425/
Relevancy 43%

Hello!

I would like to ask for some help with my HP Pavilion DV9000. Hardware being old running Windows 10 I believe the BSOD is cause by the GPU driver. Laptop used for internet browsing and video watching.

? OS - Windows 10
? x64
? The original installed OS Vista
? Retail
? Approximate age of system (hardware) 2009
? Approximate age of OS installation 1 day
? OS reinstalled

? CPU AMD Turion64 x2 TL-60
? Video Card Geforce 7150M

? System Manufacturer HP
? Exact model number KN866UAR#AB

Laptop

My OS display language is not English and cannot change to it because of missing updates which I cannot download because I am on a metered connection therefore I cannot post the report, will have to do it later if you cannot help me without it.

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

Thank you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/hp-dv9000-bsod-1100953.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello I just registered hoping to finally find a solution for my BSOD problem before moving back to bsod Hp dv9000 windows already tried to get help Hp dv9000 bsod in different forums but no luck This is my missus's laptop and I know its old but it's still in perfect working condition and do not feel like recycling it for a new one just to move on to windows Fresh windows installation because I found a more recent driver for the Geforce M that came with windows update I started benching it with Unigine Valley and it ran stable for more the hours temps were fine On a finale try I maximised the settings and after a few minutes started crashing The laptop is used only for internet browsing and SD video watching I'd just like to make it stable for the mentioned tasks I am sure it is caused by the GPU driver crashing occurs while watching videos Thanks in advance DV - zip Edit I forget to mention OS is in foreign language if it is difficult to diagnose let me know and will reproduce the BSOD with English display

A:Hp dv9000 bsod

Originally Posted by Use

I found a more recent driver for the Geforce 7150M that came with windows 8 update.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I am sure it is caused by the GPU driver, crashing occurs while watching videos.

You are right.
Geforce 7150M is nvidia chipset (nForce 630M) and nvidia chipset drivers are not available nowadays at all.

What you may try here is ....... uninstall the installed driver. Let windows update search for a display driver. Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 ForumsIf it finds any, the job will be done. It will be usable again.

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80082ca99e2, ffffd0004c179460, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::SuspendPrimaryCpuAccess+4a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
ffffd000`4c178558 fffff800`8327edc9Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0xeedc9

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43073-hp-dv9000-bsod.html
Relevancy 43%

HI there,

Im going to tell how did it start happening.I broke my lcd screen at the party i was Dj-ing.That time i can see the screen but not the part where it had crack so i started using my laptop with my tv with the vga wire and i can see half screen on lapto but full screen on the T.V. and 1 day i noticed that the laptop screen is blacked out but not the T.V. Screen so i went to get it fixed by puting new LCD Screen but the thing is the video was like on/off. Sometime the screen shows and sometime it doesnt but with tv it works fine.so plz guys tell me what can be the problem?

Relevancy 43%

Hi There

I just installed windows 7 yesterday on my HP Dv9000 Laptop but the internet doesnt seems to work.It searches WI-FI connection around me and gives the list so i click on my list and try to connect it says something Diagnose Problem.When i click on it it says tht it didn't find any problem.

When checked my hardware information. Under the Network adapter tab i saw yellow sign on " Nvidia Nforce Networking Controller" and under the Other Item "Base System Device".
So do i have to install software?if so which one and where can i download?

Thanks so much guys even if u have just read this.thanks for you time

Relevancy 43%

Hi all,

I have an HP Pavilion DV9000 and have been looking to get a new laptop for school next month. I have had this computer since December 2006 and haven't had many problems with. I've heard about all the problems with it and have only experienced the one about the broken hinges so far. I have noticed a drop off in performance recently, fairly big too. Load times slow, picks what programs it wants to install, etc. Anyway, anyone know how long this computer will last? I is almost 4 years old now and don't want to have to get a new one if I can get another year or two out of it.

Thanks!
Matt

A:HP Pavilion DV9000

I have noticed too that it is running at fairly high temps. More that what it was 1 year ago. Haven't looked at a temp monitor, just by the feel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101123-hp-pavilion-dv9000.html
Relevancy 42.14%

i have an HP dv9000 and when i press the power button the blue lights come on but the screen does not come on. i can hear the CD rom drive humming. the hard drive is fine. i checked it on another pc. i hooked it up to an external monitor but nothing comes on. what could be the problem? dead motherboard? solutions? its a bit more than a year old and its not under warranty. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9000-laptop-does-not-boot.847905/
Relevancy 42.14%

My hp pavilion dv9000 is from 2007 and up until about a year ago i had to reformat my laptop every few months or so due to various reasons( crashes, viruses, etc.). After a while formatting did nothing to stop crashes, currently, I turn on my computer and I get a colorful screen that paralyzes my system... i usually restart my computer manually but i would like to fix the problem. I suspect I may need a new video card, however, i haven't got a clue. any suspicions or advice?

A:frequent crashes on my dv9000

Hi Welcome to TSF

Take a read below and apply some of these fixes

Common Issues with Notebook Displays HP Pavilion dv6000 Entertainment Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/frequent-crashes-on-my-dv9000-648831.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I was told by HP that I needed a new hard drive for my laptop. I purchased one and have been trying to load the Vista disk onto it. The screeen is just black, the lights are on but the disk wont start to load. What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys

I have just purchased a DV9657em with the intention of repairing (usual graphics problem).

I have a replacement working board for the machine but the part numbers are different and various components i.e ram slots are upside down compared to the old board.

However, when all is connected there is no display at all.

I have tried the usual things like checking ram, processor etc... and have had the screen plugged into another machine and is working.

I am hoping that the boards are interchangeable on DV9's but now am not so sure

I do have another DV9 I can check it on but it is the intel model, not the amd one that I have.

Any ideas?

A:Dv9000 motherboard compatibility

Looks like this guy has an answer but it takes some work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnkQNmKauEc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dv9000-motherboard-compatibility.998187/
Relevancy 42.14%

I own a HP DV9000 laptop and it is just over a year old. When I try to turn it on now all of the lights come on and the fan starts like its about to boot up and then it shuts off after about a second. The power cord is good as the light is on where I plug it into the computer. I have tried starting it plugged in but with no battery and with the battery in but not plugged into the power cord and the results have not changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv9000-start-up-issue.119010/
Relevancy 42.14%

Trying to open the case of my laptop.
No longer under warrenty.
WHICH screws need to come out to remove the bottom of the casing?

Relevancy 42.14%

But it still installed minus the login error after it completed

Performance monitor would not work

Windows update searches forever does not complete

Shutdown sits there forever until bsod then auto restart

Reinstalled win 7 same issue

A:DV9000 BSOD during win 7 install

try this link and see if it helps you.

HP dv9000 9930us - Constant BSOD after install only works in safe mode

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/188640-dv9000-bsod-during-win-7-install.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Hp dv lap top's lights all come on I hear a clicking noise then it will turn off then start up again it will do this for up and on boot won't turn will off and Hp dv9000 ever I had it diagnosed and was told it was the motherboard I put the lap top away about moths ago waiting to get a motherboard a few days ago Hp dv9000 will turn on and off and won't boot up I got it out turned it on for curiosity it came on lights all on it clicked turned off came back on and so I pressed F a few times the screen came on it is working great I get on the net it is fast I can download anything but if I turn it off it Hp dv9000 will turn on and off and won't boot up will not boot up again I know because this is how it was before it seemed to quit altogether Now if this was the motherboard would it work at all after I get it to bot up Any help would be appreciated Can this issue be fixed It is running windows vista

A:Hp dv9000 will turn on and off and won't boot up

Hi and welcome to TSF in short yes it can work but the problem can be at board level and may involve the solder or even the graphics Hp machines have been known for these issues.ultimately it will go of and won't boot back up

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-dv9000-will-turn-on-and-off-and-wont-boot-up-694156.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, i need to change the mainboard in a hp dv9341eu model, Ive took the board out and the part number is 441534-001 ... but in the illustrated parts catalogue its 432945-001 (that one is cheaper)

will i be ok using the cheaper one from the catlogue?

kind regards,

sam

A:Motherboard Compatibility HP DV9000

will i be ok using the cheaper one from the catlogue?Click to expand...

Ok, but will most likely have a different chipset and may not support your current processor, it is best to stick with the same motherboard part number.

Its a gamble on what problems you may encounter using a different part number as a substitution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-compatibility-hp-dv9000.879567/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a HP dv9000 the screen goes blank and wont come back on so I hooked up an external monitor which worked with some weird lines going across the screen. After a while the laptop monitor comes back on and off again. I know its not the laptop screen the laptop sometimes feel extra hot on the bottom, could this be the cause? Any help will do, thanks.

A:HP dv9000 display problems

Blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Use a laptop cooler. Download the Chipset and the nVidia Display driver for your computer. Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv9000 CTO Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-dv9000-display-problems-656696.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have followed some threads on here already to try and resolve this problem The laptop running Windows Vista was working fine on the internet For other reasons I had to do a full system restore taking it HP DV9000 Networking issue back to factory settings HP DV9000 Networking issue Now when I try and connect to the internet either WLAN or Ethernet Both connect to router but local access only It only sees the router as an unidentified network I have checked all settings in explorer and are all set to auto config I have run windows diagnostic from network and sharing windows cannot fix the problem I have rebooted the router I have even tried a new router just in case I have reset the winsock and the ipstack Nothing has worked If I ping any outside devices nothing all pings unreachable All other devices are connected to the internet no problems at all I have also disabled firewall and there is no anti virus installed I have attached a log from ipconfig all nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi i had i dv9000 but the mother board fried so instead of getting it fixed my buddy gave me his old dv9000 so what im tryin to do is take his hard drive out and put mine in its place wit all my old files on it but everytime i turn it on with mine in the c drive it says there is hard drive errors and goes into the blue screen...so i was wondering if anyone knows what i have to do to boot it up with my hard drive? thanks!!!!!

Relevancy 42.14%

I replaced the motherboard in HP motherboard problems dv9000 the HP dv then powered the laptop on and it booted up with no problems The problem I am having is that the battery is not charging After powering on the battery recharge led blinks and I can see HP dv9000 motherboard problems a message at system tray that says the battery is not recharging HP dv9000 motherboard problems After shutdown the battery recharge HP dv9000 motherboard problems blue led still blinks and I have to remove the battery What could be wrong any ideas Also I get this message PhoenixBios Release Copyright - Phoenix Technologies Ltd All rights reserved Bios Version F CPU AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- CPU Setting Unknown MHz lt -- BSP Info CPUS detected System RAM passed ST KB L Cache System Bios Shadowed Video Bios Shadowed ATAPP - CD ROM MatshitaDVD - RAM UJ- S Fixed Disk ST AS Mouse Initialized Error Check date and time settings Warning System CMOS Checksum bad - Default configuration used Press lt F gt to Resume lt F gt to setup -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I changed the time and date settings but the battery still will not charge nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9000-motherboard-problems.962706/
Relevancy 42.14%

my webcam has been working perfectly since i bought it in 2007, since last year it stopped working and is now disconnected from my laptop even though it is built in

A:My HP dv9000 webcam is not working

Did you try re installing the drivers for it and chipset drivers from HP site?

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/support-drivers.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hp-dv9000-webcam-is-not-working.1055756/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I have a HP DV running Windows The other night my sound just stopped working The icon HP Sound No and 7 = + DV9000 No Windows Coprocessor in the tray shows a red X over the speaker I had just ran a Windows HP DV9000 + Windows 7 = No Sound and No Coprocessor update HP DV9000 + Windows 7 = No Sound and No Coprocessor earlier in the day All of a sudden I got no sound Tried it with headphones and still no sound I went into the device manager and there is no icon anymore for sound game controller etc I then saw under quot Other Devices quot that my Coprocessor has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point Here's what I did to try and fix these which by the way none of this has helped Uninstalled the latest update Right clicked on Coprocessor to find driver and it says no driver can be found Went to both Nvidia's website and HP and Microsoft's websites and download various drivers and nothing has worked Tried a system restore to a few weeks prior and I still have no sound and the coprocessor is still disabled Ran a system update again and no luck Created an account at Windows Seven Forum Still waiting for the results on this one Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:HP DV9000 + Windows 7 = No Sound and No Coprocessor

hi dreameffects, welcome to the forums, here is the link to the drivers Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv9000 CTO Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English) reinstall the chipset and sound drivers , they are for vista so install them in compat mode for vista Compatibility Mode if you require further help, there is always someone here to help

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/89578-hp-dv9000-windows-7-no-sound-no-coprocessor.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My friends has an HP Pavilion DV9000, the problem is that it would not switch on, it just shut downs after 3-4 seconds and he is not able to see the boot menu itself.
Should he change the motherboard as suggested by the HP Service centre or should he just make some minor changes into the motherboard.
And also can he replace the core in the motherboard to something else apart from AMD?

Motherboard : 441534-001
GPU : GeForce 7600
Ram : 4GB
System : 64 Bit

Can he change the motherboard model number to the same HP Pavilion DV 9000?

Please we need help.

A:HP Pavilion DV9000 - Power Failure

Hi,

I suspect it might be a possible GPU or CPU temperature issue. Is the laptop still on warranty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330232-hp-pavilion-dv9000-power-failure.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys Having a maddening problem here I'm using a HP DV gb of ram intel centrino duo nvidia geforce go Installed win bit ultimate clean install at start of Jan No problem at all until about days ago when the computer would freeze at random times First the mouse would be sluggish amp unresponsive unable to click on any buttons then the mouse would lock up entirely No response to ctrl-alt-del or any other keys have to to a hard shutdown I've looked for c windows minidump to freezes id HP 3 41 DV9000, Win7 - & bit, often event 64 attach but the directory file doesn't exist probably because I don't get as far as a BSOD i've tried removing all problems from startup no improvement Frustrating on the verge of kicking this laptop out the door Checking event log reveals these items any help or advice on any further info to provide appreciated Tim --------------------- Log HP DV9000, Win7 64 bit, freezes often - event id 41 & 3 Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Tim-HPNotebook Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events HP DV9000, Win7 64 bit, freezes often - event id 41 & 3 event quot gt lt System gt HP DV9000, Win7 64 bit, freezes often - event id 41 & 3 lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Tim-HPNotebook lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Date PM Event ID Task Category Session Level Error Keywords Session User SYSTEM Computer Tim-HPNotebook Description Session quot Microsoft-Windows-Setup quot stopped due to the following error xC D Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing quot Guid quot B EC -BDB - -BC -F FDC D CA quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Tim-HPNotebook lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot SessionName quot gt Microsoft-Windows-Setup lt Data gt lt Data Name quot FileName quot gt C Windows Panther setup etl lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot LoggingMode quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ------------------

A:HP DV9000, Win7 64 bit, freezes often - event id 41 & 3

I am having the same issues and would appreciate some help if anyone has the same problem

2 or 3 times a day my system hangs - by this I mean I get the donut spinning, and even though I can still move the cursor around I cant do anything, most importantly I cant close anything (I can click but nothing happens)

I cant get control manager up either so I am just left with the option of turning it off

I have Windows 7 on a Sony Z laptop - Sony technical support have been unable to help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/62072-hp-dv9000-win7-64-bit-freezes-often-event-id-41-3-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Can someone tell me the beep codes for an HP pavilion dv9000. Mine gives me a long beep followed by 2 short beeps.Thanks

A:what are the beep codes for an HP pavilion dv9000

Hi Steve3624, Chk this link, might be helpful ....... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674 Regards,Saurabh 

=======================I am an HP employee.If my suggestion was helpful, you can thank me by clicking on the "Kudos" button!If my answer solved your problem, please feel free let the community know by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/what-are-the-beep-codes-for-an-HP-pavilion-dv9000/td-p/738541
Relevancy 41.71%

please help

I have a HP DV9OOO laptop runing windows 7 basic 64bit, my laptop has crash and wont start it get far as giving me option for safe mode ect. when i press E8 or E11 nothing happen. However i did manager once to get to safe mode and the following information appeared

View problem details:

Problem Signature
Problem Event Name startupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 10675141
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: corruptfile
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.2561
Locale ID: 1033

Its also says operating system not found, can you please help me and provide me with information how to get my laptop working again MUCH APPRECIATED

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-dv9000-wont-boot.1083131/
Relevancy 41.71%

hey guys i own a hp pavilion dv9000 (2008)......for the past few weeks it wont boot or even show any signs of booting .......i had given it for service when this happened the first time...but it repeated very often and i had to give it for service very often ......at last those technicians said tat there is some major problem wih the motherboard but arent clear about the problem....
Further Details:
Motherboard: 441534-001
Processor: AMD
GPU: nvidia geforce 7600
Ram: 4GB
ITS NOT UNDER WARRANTY.......
Should i change my motherboard now or do u think there would be any other minor problems that can be looked upon.....pls help

A:Hp Pavilion dv9000 wont boot

Changing the motherboard on a laptop is not really an option. Cost wise it will probably be about the same as buying a new laptop.
I have had laptops labelled dead by repair shops when all that needed doing was to re seat some connector. Link to video on how to take the laptop apart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOdmGuiq1l8
Fair warning: it's going to take MUCH longer than the 15 min of the video to dismantle it and putting the thing back together is tedious and delicate work

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330414-hp-pavilion-dv9000-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am trying to help a friend with her computer.When I turn it on I get nothing but a grey or blck screen.I Had tried hitting every f key combo like f2 f8 f10 etc to no avail,also tried avira recue disk also kaspersky rescue disk,and nothing next I tried to use hirens boot cd and it would not boot it up.Harware issue??
The computer is a hp pavilion dv9000.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I did a little research online and it said something about the graphics card or motherboard being the issue.Just wanted to make sure before I broke her the bad news!!

Relevancy 41.71%

I worked for days to get my audio back Finally I can play music and watch Pavilion on issues audio Pro XP dv9000 a Youtube video audio Now the problem is my quicklaunch buttons on my keyboard do not respond to what is playing The mute button checks the mute box on the startup icon but does not mute sound Same with the volume slider on the keyboard it slides on the icon but does not raise lower the volume Also plugging in a set of headphones does not silence the external laptop speakers they keep playing My XP Pro on Pavilion dv9000 audio issues internal microphone will not function for skype or pass any of the Windows XP tests Can anyone help me sort this out please The audio is conexant My machine is a Windows XP sp but I now have it tweaked to think it is sp so I could load drivers OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta D None Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Alright, first I'd like to thank you for your help. I'm having a very frustrating issue with my HP Pavilion dv9010us. I soled it to a friend, and he installed windows 7, I believe it to be the home 32 bit edition. Windows 7 is not compatible with HP dv9000 ?He brought me the computer and told me the monitor wasn't working. So I checked it out... I swear I've tried almost everything, and I'm about to through it out. I've tried using an external display, still didn't work. I need help, I'm really frustrated and growing impatient. Your help is much appreciated, I'm about to QQ .

A:HP dv9000 no display after installing windows 7

Have you attempted to boot from a "Live CD" or a Windows 7 install disc. I suspect that the onboard video card has died. Reason is that you cannot get an external display to work. The HP DV9000 series machines are able to be upgraded in some cases. I have a DV9810us that runs just fine with Windows 7 32 bit.

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197914-hp-dv9000-no-display-after-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hello, yesterday i formated my hp pavilion dv9000 laptop with xp and now i have some problems. The hp wireless assistant tells that LAN is disabled and i can't way where can i enable it. i have installed all the drivers and stuff but still in device manager it tells that some internet drivers are missing T_T Can somebody tell me what to i have to do next? T_T

http://i27.tinypic.com/n6x4w7.jpg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-hp-pavilion-dv9000-laptop.685620/
Relevancy 41.71%

hi All i am having a problem, my hdd just faild and is not working any more so i checked and cant be repaired, i want now to use my Second HDD to Recover Visata , but i never did make a copy of recovery dvd because i thought that Recovery disk that was showing is se[erate from C, any body have any ideal how can i download this 2 DVD or is posible to download on USB and recoverd from there,I have checked my Box ther is only one page cd printed and is explaining that you can create recovery DVD or you can use Partition Recovery HP to recovery your Llap top but now is to late.
please help or if you have link i will download

A:Lost recovery Partition DV9000

If you can't get into the Recovery Partition, HP offers a replacement. With the partition it takes about a half hour to restore the OEM to its original condition. If you have to order the replacement, count on eight hours plus all the restoring of backup and program replacement times.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-recovery-partition-dv9000-663725.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,
Recently my built-in fingerprint reader went on the fritz. Without touching it or even being near the laptop, it gives the "swipe your finger slower" tab or the " Cannot verify your fingerprint" tab. I have tried to find the drivers for it to unistall and reinstall but i can't seem to find them. Also i am not 100% sure that will fix my problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-dv9000-fingerprint-reader-306643.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am trying to connect my HP DV series laptop to my Philips rear projection HDTV via S-Video cable to the AV- S-Video input on the set I have S-Vid to projection Connecting rear HP TV via DV9000 no video showing on the TV I do have audio Connecting HP DV9000 to rear projection TV via S-Vid I am using the headphone jack to RCA for audio connection The S-Video cable I have has four pins on both ends I have tried all settings in display properties but can not get anything other than a rolling grainy black and white image on the set Does anyone have ANY idea on what I am doing wrong or what I may need to change to Connecting HP DV9000 to rear projection TV via S-Vid get the image from the laptop using VLC media player to the TV The video card in my laptop is an nVidia GeForce Go Refresh rate is set to Hz Tried screen resolutions from x to x with no change in the rolling black white fuzz on the TV I would use the VGA in on the TV IF it had one any help is TREMENDOUSLY appreciated There is something simple that I must be overlooking

A:Connecting HP DV9000 to rear projection TV via S-Vid

What's the model number for the TV?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180015/connecting-hp-dv9000-to-rear-projection-tv-via-s-vid/
Relevancy 41.71%

My son has an HP DV9000 computer with dual hard disks that just died totally. It won't turn on, no lights. To be clear, it is as though it has no power whatsoever.

It's been sitting in a cabinet for a few years as he can't bring himself to through it out.

I know the HP DV series computers were plagued with runs of boards and it seems I read something somewhere that said the bad and good boards could be identified by chipset.

So, here's my question: Is that true? And if it is true, where can I find information on distinguishing the good and bad boards?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/were-there-any-hp-dv9000-laptops-that-had-a-good-run-of-boards.1059355/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Guys I have a HP External problem HP DV9000 Display DV series laptop which i have connected to my LCD TV using a pin D-Sub cable which has worked HP DV9000 External Display problem fine for over months Suddenly HP DV9000 External Display problem yesterday the display is messed up as there HP DV9000 External Display problem is no red component on the external LCD The display on the laptop screen is just fine no problem at all I have connected another laptop using the same cable to the same LCD TV and it works fine It cannot be a driver issue as the HP boot logo screen is also affected I have booted with a Live Linux CD and the display is still messed up Troubleshooting done Not a cable issue as the other laptop connected with the same cable works fine Not a TV issue as above Not a display card hardware issue as Laptop screen is fine Not a driver issue as display messed up even before the OS loads and also tried Linux Cleaned vga out port on the lappy still no luck PS My laptop is out of warranty - nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9000-external-display-problem.1006120/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all, I just finish purchasing my hp pavillion dv9000 a LCD screen & Housing.
If you want more information on the screen I can link you to it,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140593436908?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Is that all I need? I already have hinges but this comes with them.

So could you link me to a video or guide please thanks so much. I searched but can not find any.

Also is this a good price that I got it for?

A:Need a guide on how to install a LCD screen on dv9000

I found this, and it looks like the info you want starts on 5.14

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-guide-on-how-to-install-a-lcd-screen-on-dv9000.170129/
Relevancy 41.71%

HI,I have an update in my hp assistant for the above download. Do I need to do this and what is it for. I am have trouble printing wireless on a programme. could this helpI have  a hp 20 all in one pc

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/qualcomm-atheros-dv9000-series-800/td-p/5833836
Relevancy 41.71%

Did all HP Pavilion DV9000 laptops ship with dual hard disk capability?

If not, is there an easy way to determine which ones did and which ones did not?

A:HP Laptop DV9000 - How many hard disks?

Just saw another web site that brings up another question:

Is there a limit on the size of the disks I can put into each bay on the DV9000 systems that have the two-hard-disk capability?

The reason I ask is I already have a DV6000 running Windows 7, 32-bit with a 640G that seems to work just fine and I was hoping to be able to use two very large (maybe up to 1TB) in each bay on the DV9000.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-dv9000-how-many-hard-disks.968334/
Relevancy 41.71%

Something like that just happens at some random times when i'm just browsing the web or talking on aim or something else. The whole screen just turns into a random tiled pattern like in that pic, and I can't do anything but force the laptop to shut down!!

Does anybody know what may be the problem with my laptop?
Thanks, all help is really appreciated!

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I m really hoping you can help me My Mum bought a nd hand HP laptop HP DV EA for herself and it started having problems within a week or so I m no expert but can just about get by with laptops and after investigating it needs a new hard drive Here s what I know about it When she bought it it had been upgraded to Windows Professional When it started to have problems I tried to do a system recovery hoping that would clear things up it didn t I contacted the person who sold Help Needed For On Hard Drive DV9000 HP it to her Help Needed For Hard Drive On HP DV9000 and was informed that the hard drive wasn t original to the computer and had been put in by himself Help Needed For Hard Drive On HP DV9000 as the person who he bought it from had sold it without the hard drive and there was no partition to enable the system recovery feature yes you ve guessed it an ebay purchase A friend of his had installed Windows on it The computer was taking an awfully long time to start up and to close down it sometimes would not start at all and would keep trying to re-start itself and get in a loop I managed to get it to do a self test kind of thing and it came back that the hard disk needed replacing it also did a disk check and came back that it had bad sectors and to do a scandisk on the next start up which it did do and took over hours to complete at the end of which it says that hard disk failure is imminent it still starts up at the moment infact better than before but there is the disk failure message every time it s started up and F has to be pressed every time to finish the start up process Now the help I need is how do I change the hard drive I ve never done anything like this before The present hard drive is Hitachi HTS L A ATA it s GB Can I get any hard drive does it have to be a particular one what happens to the operating system and drivers when the hard drive is replaced I presume that nothing will work until the drivers are installed on the hard drive i e screen disk drive touchpad keyboard told you I was a novice I can get recovery disks from HP for this laptop as they are still available will these get the computer running again I m going to need a lot of help on this one and I really hope you can guide me on this If you need any other info just ask and I ll see what I can do Thanks Caroline nbsp

A:Help Needed For Hard Drive On HP DV9000

Hello, vulcanbomber! You can use any brand or size drive in you computer, as long as it is a 2.5 inch SATA drive. Replacing the drive requires a very small phillips screwdriver, so just buy a cheap set of jewelers screwdrivers. Replacing the drive is as easy as removing two screws that secure a cover, pulling out the old drive, swapping drives into a carrier (4 screws) and replacing the drive and cover. Very easy. HP has all the maunuals you need here. Either of the "drives" links tells you how to change the drive. The Maintenence and Service Guide covers all repairs; just so you know if you ever need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-for-hard-drive-on-hp-dv9000.963086/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all, I just finish purchasing my hp pavillion dv9000 a LCD screen & Housing.
If you want more information on the screen I can link you to it,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140593436908?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Is that all I need? I already have hinges but this comes with them.

So could you link me to a video or guide please thanks so much. I searched but can not find any.

Also is this a good price that I got it for?

A:Need a Guide on how to install a LCD screen on dv9000 please help.

Take a look here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI6KYE4KKh0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-guide-on-how-to-install-a-lcd-screen-on-dv9000-please-help.1015174/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi deari have a HP pavilion dv9000.i have a problem,i disassemble my notebook,then i assembeled it,but when i connect the power button flat cable...and when i put the ac adaptor ..from the power button flat cable smoke and to melt it,i dont know why...couid you please send to me a motherboard manual(colorful)please guide me thanks alot 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/motherboard-manual-color-for-hp-pavilion-dv9000/td-p/5846925
Relevancy 41.28%

hi, everyone

as you may already know, i got this HP Pavilion DV9000 LCD hinges at

http://www.laptopbattery-usa.com/hp...inges-for-hp-dv9000-17-lcd-series-p-1092.html

and i want to fix it up.

the lcd swivel hinge is quite good and doesn't wobble at all

the open and close part of the hinge is tight enough that the lid will stay open and not close on itself, but it is rather wobbly and floppy. there is a high degree of bend before you actually feel the resistance of the hinge

my question is:

is there a tutorial somewhere or does someone know how to tighten this hinge?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tightening-hp-pavilion-dv9000-17-lcd-hinges.128522/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have a HP DV9000 laptop. The screen display is black. The screen sometimes comes back after a restart. I can also see the display if I connect it to an external monitor. I have done a clean reinstall of Windows Vista to no avail. I have tried to remove the battery and place it back in with no results. Can someone advise on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

A:HP DV9000 Laptop Screen Display Issues

Some DV9000 models had serious motherboard issues, HP was replacing them under an extended warranty, you can check you specific 9000 model, and read about the symptoms at the link below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&docname=c01087277

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9000-laptop-screen-display-issues.906492/
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok, the previous post was closed because of no response, hopefully there is someone who can help. My laptop freezes mid-startup at the WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys point. That is it. Nothing beyond that and I have tried to start up in Safe Mode, etc. The same thing. The OS is XP home. I think however, this has NOTHING to do with that driver, but the boot or BIOS being corrupt. I just don't know how to get to the solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9000-laptop-freezing-on-bootup-all-modes.796593/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, i have an HP dv9000 laptop with a broken headphone jack. The headphone jack was working and i was listening to music while it broke. My laptop has two headphone jacks and a microphone jack. The two headphone jacks both broke at the same instant when i plugged in a second headphone. The problem seems to be hardware related because when both versions of windows that i have installed, windows 7 and windows xp, do not give out sound to the headphone jacks. Good thing i have another laptop of the exact same model that broke a while back. i could take the needed part from the broken computer and build it into the working one. All i need is some instructions on how to do so.
Thank you for any help.

Relevancy 41.28%

hi all.so i have this hp laptop with vista running on it,i need to reset it to factory settings but i cant find the recovery manager.i tried f11 when restarting,i tried alt+f11,i tried to find it in disc manager.so far i cant do it.any help will be appreciated

A:hp pavilion dv9000 vista recovery manager

Vista Recovery:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00809678  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-pavilion-dv9000-vista-recovery-manager/td-p/1597575
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi techies,
Had a strange problem with my notebook from 3 days, suddenly sound is not coming from laptop speakesrs and much to that surprise sound is comingwhen i am using headphones. Did all what i can do, checked the properties, system panel in control panel, installed the new drivers and even went for systemrestore of 15 days back...dont know what to do.. i am using windows vista home premium, core 2 duo 2.2.5 ghz and 3gb of ram.

Replies of anykind are highly appreciated,

regards,
pavan.

A:HP dv9000 notebook sound is not coming from speakers.

laptop is 10 months old..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9000-notebook-sound-is-not-coming-from-speakers.820848/
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok, the previous post was closed because of no response, hopefully there is someone who can help. My laptop freezes mid-startup at the WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys point. That is it. Nothing beyond that and I have tried to start up in Safe Mode, etc. The same thing. The OS is XP home. I think however, this has NOTHING to do with that driver, but the boot or BIOS being corrupt. I just don't know how to get to the solution.

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,
I just got an HPpavilion dv9000, and have a d link di-624 router (that i used to connect to the internet with my previous note book, i had a network with my roomate's computer, which was hooked to the router and cable modem). It so happens that i've tried everything to connect to the wireless network, but never succeeded. the computer identified the network but doesn't connect to it, claiming "windows did not receive any response from the wireless router"... i also tried conneting the combuter to a cable network, and it didn't work either. my operating system is window vista. What should I do?
Thanks for your time and help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-a-wireless-network-with-an-hp-pavilion-dv9000-205784.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey all i haven't been on this forum in a while iv been very busy I currently have HP computers the DV and DV i have looked up multiple forums for the problem and none has happened yet The bios detects the CD drive but the OS does not I have tried deleting and reseting the uperfilters and lower DM computer HP My from CD drive and missing DV6000 DV9000 and filters didnt work I have tried installing a fresh copy of windows and windows vista still didnt work tried installing windows drivers didnt work i pretty much tried everything does anyone have any experience with fixing these computers i have to return them to the pawn shop soon i am fixing them for im not making any money on them because they are returned computers i worked on before and iv spent hours trying to fix them Any one know why the CD drive is not detected its driving me crazy i dont want to tell the pawnshop owner hes out of luck and bought defective computers when i know its a driver issue

A:HP DV9000 and DV6000 CD drive missing from DM and My computer

Hello, You say that it is a driver issue, which would mean the drives are firmly connected and are in fact functional, which would leave going to the site of the manufacture for the drive and getting its drivers . Is that an option for you ?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/295198-hp-dv9000-dv6000-cd-drive-missing-dm-my-computer.html
Relevancy 41.28%

SOLVED HP Pavilion dv Display Problems I would really appreciate some input as to what might be going on with my display Here is what my system looks like HP Pavilion dv Windows Vista Home bit Intel Core Duo gigs RAM Nvidia GeForce m GS mb inch Widescreen The Problem Yesterday Display Dv9000 Hp My With Pavilion Problems Laptop I left my computer on and went to sleep I woke up to use it and discovered that there would black out momentarily and Display Problems With My Hp Pavilion Dv9000 Laptop the screen would freeze After a while it would come on again and there would be a message that the display driver nn did not respond and is now recovered This has happened a few time now in the last minutes What I've tried so far I used system restore to return to a previous restore point but this doesent seem to have solved the problem I would liket o know what the problem is and how to solve it I also left it on the sofa and met the heat sink very hot as the heat had been unable to escape My brother says I have too many icons on the lcd dispaly and this could have affected the driver Any ideas Thanks ahead for any response to this

A:Display Problems With My Hp Pavilion Dv9000 Laptop

Hi
I have the same problem.

How do/did you solve it.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-problems-with-my-hp-pavilion-dv9000-laptop-288880.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, all!

Our laptop, HP Pavilion DV9000 (Vista Home), is equiped with a wireless wi-fi card. Suddenly, there is no connection to our router, hence no internet. I went into the System, Device manager, to check the status. I could not find anything on the wi-fi card, just the standard network controller.

I tried to open HP Wireless Assistant program, it would not launch.

Can someone advise if it's a hardware problem, that the wi-fi card needs to be replaced?

Thanks so much in advance!

A:Lost Wireless capability on HP DV9000 laptop

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. The On/Off toggle in front is glowing amber, no matter which way I flip it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-wireless-capability-on-hp-dv9000-laptop.146763/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a DV laptop that will run normally for about - minutes but starts getting hot At about the minute mark the screen gets all processor) dv9000 hot, screen gets laptop looks... then (intel twisted up like a kaleidoscope It moves with the mouse I'm running Ubuntu bit have tried bit but it happens even quicker with bit Ubuntu I took the fan and heat sinks out and they are not plugged up with gunk pretty clean actually Laptop is being run on a stand with good airflow underneith Does this sound like the dreaded desoldered GPU problem that usually causes black screen or is it something else How are people getting these machines to cool down If I hack the fan to run on high speed all the time will it cool off or is there an updated fan available Even when the fan is on high there seems dv9000 laptop (intel processor) gets hot, then screen looks... to be very little airflow compared to my other laptops Physically I really like the way this computer is set up I would really like to get it repaired

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/dv9000-laptop-intel-processor-gets-hot-then-screen-looks/td-p/5653886
Relevancy 40.85%

hi everyone,

Ive got a HP dv9000 (its a dv9341eu)
AMD 1.8ghz turion64 x2

When i turn it on it beeps 3 times and the screen does not come on, i can hear the fan turning if that helps.

I want to know if its the graphics card or the motherboard or CPU. ( i dont want to buy a new motherboard in case it turns out to be the gpu)

Is there any definate way of finding out?

thanks, sam

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone I m new here and I am having some laptop issues and HP DV9000 Shutdown Battery Issue Instant Laptop was hoping someone might be able HP DV9000 Laptop Instant Shutdown Battery Issue to assist me with them First I would like to list my computer specs HP DV CL HP DV9000 Laptop Instant Shutdown Battery Issue laptop Intel Core Duo T GHZ x GB SATA HDs GB RAM Running Windows x Below is a rundown of what is happening and what I have done to try and resolve my issue My laptop was making some retched loud noises from HP DV9000 Laptop Instant Shutdown Battery Issue the fan and it wouldn t stop or slow down at all it would just stay on with its highest RPMs With my warranty expired I decided I would open up my laptop to try and clean out the fan and heatsink I have worked on and built my own desktops for a while and I decided that I should be able to clean the laptop fan a decision I currently regret I got everything open and took everything apart and cleaned out the fan and as I was putting the laptop together I had a hard time putting in the flat cable for the HP Quickplay Switch Board and slightly damaged it After everything was put back together I fired up the computer and everything booted up properly I noticed that the HP Quickplay buttons lights still came on but the volume slider lights were no longer illuminated The Quickplay buttons no longer work which I can deal with because they illuminate properly but I am having a bigger issue now I noticed when I booted up Windows my battery icon showed that my battery was charging but when I hovered over the icon it said my battery had but was plugged in and charging however the percentage would never increase indicating it was actually charging I thought this was weird so I decided to unplug the laptop from the AC adapter to see what would happen When I did this the computer stayed on but still told me that the battery had I decided to leave it that way since I knew the battery had an almost complete charge and check to make sure everything else worked After about minutes or so my computer shut down instantaneously like if you were to pull the plug without the battery in Knowing this was a bad sign I decided to try and figure out what was going on I tried plugging in the computer with the battery in and after about minutes or so the computer shut down the same way Next I thought I would try using the laptop without the battery in and use it on just AC power This seemed to work and since I have been using the laptop this way it has been running alright My wife has the same exact laptop so I thought I would check my battery in her computer and her battery in mine because her computer is running fine and of course her battery does the same thing in my computer and my battery reads just fine in her computer So I am now resorting to working on my laptop only on AC power but I m sure you can understand my frustration in using a laptop this way I also thought maybe it was a software issue in my Windows OS so I loaded up a Ubuntu live boot environment and found that Ubuntu was reporting the same battery issues as Windows saying the battery was charging at but not increasing in charge and reporting that the battery was empty when off of AC power but still running for a short time There is one other issue that is happening If I leave the computer on with the battery in with or without AC power and leave it sitting eventually the battery charging indicator light starts flashing as if something is wrong This also happened when I had the computer completely off but left the AC adapter plugged in with the battery in as if to charge the battery This led me to believe that the issue is a hardware issue but I had to check to make sure it wasn t an OS problem as well I really have no idea what I could have done to the computer to have this happen I checked everything that I did when disassembling the computer and I didn t tinker with the battery or anything that controls it to my knowledge ... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

I was thinking of doing this but wondering what wont work and if you can find drivers etc...

built in webcam?
mem card reader?
anything else?

there is a strange issue on the keyboard with this laptop. Everything ok until you press numlock, then some of the letter keys are mapped to numbers! will a win7 install fix that?

A:install win7 on an older HP laptop, dv9000, what is not supported?

Some of the keyboards which don't have separate numpad on the right, the numpad is actually "integrated" with some alphabetical keys (mostly those on the right side of the keyboard like O, P, K, L, N, M.)

When you press numlock, these pre-assigned alphabetical keys start working as the numpad, so you see numbers being inputted. Fresh install of Windows will not fix this. It's the way keyboard is designed.

And yes you can find driver for those devices on HP website. You need to know the model number of the machine.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284774-install-win7-older-hp-laptop-dv9000-what-not-supported.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Help! Now my standard VGA Graphic Adapter only works on my HP Pavilion dv9000? I have a Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS on this Laptop but now its not loading up right, on start-up? I had to, chip Rev for the Nvidia to get my laptop to work... or see anything on the screen? but now I can not play any game or watch movies correctly. HP are no help ether as my warranty has run out now, can anyone help me? I have attached some images of my display settings.

A:My standard VGA graphic adapter only works on my HP Pavilion dv9000?

If you are using Vista 32 bit go here an get the Video Card Drivers
If you are using Vista 64 bit go here an get the Video Card Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-standard-vga-graphic-adapter-only-works-on-my-hp-pavilion-dv9000.154156/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have googled watched 's of fix videos read forum posts all with no luck So i've decided to solve it myself and I will post the full answers and useful suggestions ive found nbsp here nbsp This is not series searching Fixing Reboot NOW- ... -Sick of it I'm dv9000 another bake your motherboard type of solution i'm aiming for its merely a log of how i fixed this issue when i do dv9000 series -Sick of searching I'm Fixing it NOW- Reboot ... I'll be updating it as i make progress the next dv9000 series -Sick of searching I'm Fixing it NOW- Reboot ... update will be around march th Most of us who are looking for answers to fix our - year old laptops don't have the money to buy another laptop or motherboard Its a useless suggestion nbsp That being said useful Suggestions are welcome - First problem-THE SEARCH----- anyone who's had a problem with an HP laptop other than a nvidia GPU can tell you when you need to solve anything else wrong with your HP all your search nbsp results just lead back to that Nvidia chip If that's not your issue it gets very frustrating Ive looked for weeks for an answer so decided to take matters into my own hands and post a proper answer here ---------------------------------------------------------Laptop -DV dv us----------OS------------ nonehard drive-----noneBattery--------nonecharger--------yesCPU Type--------AMD Turion X TL- GGraphics Card----NVIDIA GeForce Mnone needed a laptop without a hard drive should always boot to bios a reboot loop such as this one has nothing to do with your hard drive or windows so for my whole breakdown and fix I wont have a hd installed ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My Actual Issue- ----I press the power button and it powers up blue lights turn on for a second i hear the fan kick on then it shuts right back off and cycles itself through this on and off second reboot loop until all sources of power are disconnected --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Possible Quick Fixes--------So along my long hunt for answers to this issue ive come across a few things that may help some of you This loop is caused by an electrical short in the system READ BEFORE DISMANTLING YOUR ENTIRE LAPTOP nbsp -Possible cause- nbsp a piece of dirt or metal ect stuck in a usb port-TEST- check all ports for anything that may be stuck inside them-Solution take it out with a toothpick-Possible cause- Bad dvd drive-TEST- Flip over your laptop look at where the cd drive is Approximately and inches from the center of the dooryou will see a small screw sometimes has a cd looking icon next to it remove that screw then simply wiggle out your cd drive from the side like an old Nintendo if you feel so inclined to do so blow on it not necessary but I did then just try to turn it on again if same problem occurs you know its not that-Solution- If that worked just buy a new dvd drive -Bad ram- I honestly don't know if bad ram could cause this issue at all but it cant hurt to check mines good im pretty sure if your ram is bad the laptop just wont respond at all I had cards so i rotated them ivn various ways tried using just ect -TEST- make sure its properly seated and if available use other ram or test your ram in another working laptop If all this has failed cross the line Que the scary music --------------------------- THE YOUR ABOUT TO TAKE APART YOUR LAPTOP LINE-------------------------------------- -----------------Notes about being on this side of the line-------------only proceed If your laptop is not covered under any warranty'staking apart your computer will void them Also if your not techy just wait till I find a more definitive answer before bothering with all this hassle I will post a proper section on the final verdict of what brings this beast back to life when i finish Now that you checked the basics its time to dig deeper I only mention ebay prices for these parts because t... Read more

A:dv9000 series -Sick of searching I'm Fixing it NOW- Reboot ...

Hi, Instead of complete disassembly...Why did you not consider removing the hard disk to see if the reboot loop stops. That was the second thing you should have tested after the RAM.  A failed hard disk can cause reboots.  With the hard disk removed you could have used a live distro of Linux to see if all of your hardware was OK.  That way you could have isolated the cause and known if it was a hardware or operating system issue.  Best regards,erico

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/dv9000-series-Sick-of-searching-I-m-Fixing-it-NOW-Reboot/td-p/2418291
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there nbsp I've recently bought used DV series notebooks a DV amp a DV nbsp Both are in full working order except that Illuminating Power Series Lock DV9000 icon & Not Caps in... LED neither have working Caps Lock LED's The caps lock key on both units is functioning correctly nbsp AS YOU CAN SEE HERE I know I can download software programs to give an on screen display amp or audible beep but would prefer the built in LEDs to work The Num Lock LEDs work correctly on both units nbsp I have tried suggestion of taking power lead then battery out pressing the power buttton then replacing the battery and power lead but this doesn't fix DV9000 Series Caps Lock LED Not Illuminating & Power icon in... the issue nbsp The DV9000 Series Caps Lock LED Not Illuminating & Power icon in... second issue is with the power icon in the status bar On both units I see a plug with a red x When pointing the mouse I get a message saying charged consider replacing battery I didn't get this apparent battery fault when running Vista Is there a fix nbsp Any help appreciated nbsp TIA

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/DV9000-Series-Caps-Lock-LED-Not-Illuminating-amp-Power-icon/td-p/5799854
Relevancy 40.42%

Devise Manager Shows 2 base system device drivers needed on my HP Pavilion dv9000.........
Can't seem to find anything to work and with Hp neglecting Windows7 "HP Support Forum" here is my best chance....Any Advice Appreciated.......Plo24k

A:hp Pavilion dv9000 base system device drivers needed

Welcome to seven forums Pablo24k: Your base system device drivers are either a Ricoh or Texas Instruments card reader and the other possibly an Alps or synaptics touch pad driver.Try going to the HP web site and installing the drivers in those categories. If Vista is only available Use it in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode Please post back Thanks Fabe Ok on the site they are synaptics touhj pad and Ricoh card reader Vista only http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=1842189 Of course unless your model # is followed by one of the many different versions like CTO.ea, t CTO, z CTO. I only checked with the first dv9000 C T O Hope this will help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/48836-hp-pavilion-dv9000-base-system-device-drivers-needed.html
Relevancy 40.42%

HP Pavillion series specificially the dv nr nbsp Laptop with NVIDIA GeForce Go driver problem nbsp Bought this back in or from Best Buy I had to re-install Windows after a bad hard drive crash Couldn't find the disks that came with the machine It originally came with VISTA Ultimate installed so I did a complete nbsp install with a brand new VISTA Ultimate DVD At first it seemed to be fine after initial installation Then the final part of the Windows VISTA nbsp intallation brought me to WINDOWS UPDATE and showed about necessary updates - most were security updates - but also included was an NVIDIA driver As soon as this new NVIDIA driver was updated the system blue-screened during the restart nbsp This PC has the most current BIOS and drivers loaded except for the ( display ... NVIDIA GeForce dv9000 laptop drivers with problem NVIDIA nbsp driver nbsp - which I downloaded from dv9000 laptop display problem with NVIDIA drivers ( GeForce ... HP In nbsp fact I have tried EVERY version of the driver for this device that dv9000 laptop display problem with NVIDIA drivers ( GeForce ... is nbsp availabe for download at the HP site nbsp I also tried a newer beta driver that is available at the NVIDIA website None of them work nbsp Since I apparently have the latest nbsp BIOS from HP F D this shouldn't be an issue nbsp However I would note that nbsp HP has a post on its website that says it now has a F D BIOS for the dv series However nbsp this BIOS nbsp is NOT listed on the HP Drivers amp Downloads website as an available update for THIS nbsp dv nr machine with VISTA nbsp Ultimate So I assume that it is not compatible with my particular dv series laptop - or else HP would have placed it there for download nbsp I also loaded all the WINDOWS UPDATES - and even upgraded to VISTA Service Pack nbsp I can upgrade to Windows if that will help However the HP Drivers amp Download site says Windows is not supported for this laptop nbsp However the only way it will run at all is by uninstalling the NVIDIA driver altogether which I did by booting up in Safe Mode - and then restarting the PC normally After doing that it boots up fine However the Display now shows to be a Standard VGA Adapter - and the highest resolution available is only nbsp x which is NOT satisfactory nbsp Anyone know of a driver or perhaps external GPU solution nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:dv9000 laptop display problem with NVIDIA drivers ( GeForce ...

The final BIOS for dv9200 series is F2D, it has been almost 2 years HP not updating the BIOS for this model.F3D is more model shipped with AMD processor. Many of dv9000 owners that have geforce 7600 have to let their notebook rest in piece due to Nvidia issue.If you have a working notebook, than I'm suggesting not to force it run too much, just use HP drivers and take extra caution with the temperature fluctuation. Download Hwmonitor to check the temp, hereIdle temp for GPU around 60C, check yours. Use it always with external cooling pad and never ever play serious game in it.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/dv9000-laptop-display-problem-with-NVIDIA-drivers-GeForce-Go/td-p/335093
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi All,

This morning my HP DV 9000 laptop screen comes up grey with no discerning images. I have an additional monitor attached (for TV) and booted into safe mode with networking and can see the desktop in VGA on separate monitor only.

Looking in Device MGR I have two 'base system devices that need attention. They are not identified as to what they are only PCI Bus 7 device 5 function 3 & PCI bus 7 device 5 function 2. I have no idea where to start with this? Anybody?

Win 7 Prem Home 32 bit SP1
Intel 5500 @ 1.66ghz
2GB ram
NVIDIA geoforce 7600

Last night - everything ran fine. Read newspaper online & watch TV on separate monitor. Everything closed down without issue.

A:No Display & base system device drivers missing on my HP DV9000 laptop

Some laptops have the option of outputting the display signal to LCD, VGA or Both.
I'm not sure that you have those options, but it's worth checking out in the BIOS.
There's also the possibility that your LCD backlight may have gone out and needs to be replaced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184637-no-display-base-system-device-drivers-missing-my-hp-dv9000-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.99%

there is a problem in device manager showing yellow marks due to reinstall the ethernet controller driver for laptop hp pavilion dv9000 . this problem arised when i reinstall windows vista .. so what should i do bcoz internet is not connecting em using dsl connection of home cable.. so what should i do....???????????

A:ethernet controller driver of hp pavilion dv9000 for microsoft windows vista has not

and welcome to the Forum

Use another pc and go to the hp support site . . download the driver to a flash drive and install in on the crippled pc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ethernet-controller-driver-of-hp-pavilion-dv9000-for-microsoft-windows-vista-has-not-625475.html
Relevancy 39.56%

This laptop does terrible video youtube netflx etc Must be dropping lots of frames So I am trying different drivers and the laptop locks up So I restarted in safe mode and the video is very good smooth normal looking No sound in safemode so that is not ok 6150 GO nvidia issues, safe mode dv9000 jerky video with laptop good to use as is I have rebooted back and forth so was wondering what is safemode doing that the nvidia driver cant do in normal mode I have tried laptop govideo for drivers Running drivers they can load but if I started chrome or firefox the video after a minute locks up or turns black I then discovered if you turn off aero then the video will stay on but the video playback quality is bad jerky etc So how can I get safemode type normal video quality and also have sound I know the video card is old but if safe mode looks good cant it be made to work Also safe mode the laptop is much quicker navigating file manager everything seems peppy

A:dv9000 laptop with GO 6150 nvidia video jerky issues, safe mode ok

I am trying an older driver which is slightly better still little laggy.

Nvidia 186.82, the inf for laptop is inside the driver archive
v186.82 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA - 18x Series GeForce Driver Releases - LaptopVideo2Go Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/287347-dv9000-laptop-go-6150-nvidia-video-jerky-issues-safe-mode-ok.html
Relevancy 35.69%

ok this was all working fine before i did a system recovery now it isnt working...
no matter what kind of media file it "skips after every 5 sec or so,
doesnt matter what program i use, movies, mediaplayer videos, itunes songs, or even youtube videos....everything was working finr now im at my wits end trying to figure this out.... im about to give up and buy a new laptop....

things i have done....
installed the k-lite mega codec pack
up dated all drivers from the hp site...
tried different media players
tried disablying my antivirus

currently downloading vista sp1
any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-dv9000-audio-video-issues-issues-451190.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Whilst working the computer froze. I removed the battery to switch of. When switching on the next time I got a message "scanning and repairing hard drive". This progressed to 9% and then made no further progress. After 10 hours I finally removed the battery again as there was no other way to do this. What can i do to revert to correct operation'/

Solved!

View Solution.

A:HP Pavillion

Dear Customer, Try a Hard Reset as follows. Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for a full minute.  Plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the battery out for the moment ) and see if the notebook will start. If it doesnt load,Please perform the Steps as shown below:-1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages Please click the below shown link to find the steps for performing Hard Drive Testhttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&?lc=en&docname=c00439024 OR http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&?lc=en&docname=c01443317  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion/td-p/5849735
Relevancy 33.11%

Trying to help my daughter out, She has a laptop HP Pavillion DV6 that will only boot in the safemode. She called HP and of course she is 60 days out of warranty. Any suggestions? She's try to restore it to a point about a week ago but the same thing keeps happening, just boots in safemode.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,

Sonbon...

A:HP Pavillion DV6

Hi sonbon,

Does the computer give out an error when your daughter tries to boot the computer to windows normally? Go to the safe mode menu again and this time, choose "Boot the computer to last known good configurations". See if this helps out at all. I would also recommend performing an In-Place Upgrade(Windows Repair) on the computer. You will definitely need your Windows 7 CD in order to perform this process. When was the last the computer was able to work successfully?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-dv6-565366.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, I have hp pavillion a6317c pc, I unpluged it for 8 months, now it wont boot, power led stays on, green light on the back stays on, fans on, no signal to the monitor, try to turn it off but power light stays on, had to unplug it to turn it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Hp pavillion

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if you can boot it without the battery.

If that doesn't work unplug the battery and power cable.

Then press and hold the power button for 45 seconds.

Replug in the power and battery to see if it will boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-696014.html
Relevancy 33.11%

It is a MS Win but I wasn't sure which one Anyhow It is a new Pav t nbsp Taken out of the box on Aug nbsp Since then I spent one long night on phone with HP tech support due to freezing nbsp Tech blamed me Pavillion 17 HP New for not up-dating it nbsp Tonight it froze again another long phone call amp now nbsp I'm sitting next to a brand new computer that I can't touch while it goes through hrs of diagnostics and writing to you New HP Pavillion 17 from my old HP Pav g nbsp never had a computer do this twice in it's first weeks of life before This is my rd HP amp I felt some kind of loyalty to the company nbsp Bought the best care pack amp it is no good nbsp Suggestions Already went through the turn it upside down amp remove battery drill Brand new computer should not be frozen My Internet connection is fine as you can see on my old HP Pav g

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/New-HP-Pavillion-17/td-p/5763595
Relevancy 33.11%

My daughter has a HP Pavillion Model a f bit that HP Need Help Pavillion with is running Vista Home Premium It has gigs of ram a gig hard drive and a dual core processor The computer ran fine until tonight When she turns it on the keyboard is recognized but a blue splash screen for HP comes up that asks to click Need Help with HP Pavillion on esc to go into bios F for setup etc It won't go Need Help with HP Pavillion any further There appears to be a yellow or amber light that lights up right behind the power swith which does light up I can hear the fan is running and the mouse shows that it has power too If I press esc a message comes up that it is entering setup but never does It just sits there I would sure appreciate it if somebody could give me an idea what I might try to do to help her get her computer going again Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

A:Need Help with HP Pavillion

Solved the problem myself. Opened the tower and changed the port that the SATA drive cable connected to. At least after doing that and restarting the computer I was able to get into BIOS. Showed no hard drive as being recognized. Went to HP's site and found that Seatgate had a problem with some of the hard drives (500, 700, etc.) After calling a technician with HP it was decided that the hard drive had failed (no indication of it failing-it just stopped!!!)

HP is sending a new hard drive and a recovery disk (the recovery partition was on the hard drive that failed. No cost. There was still 50 days left on the warranty.

I guess we were LUCKY!

Thanks for looking at my computer problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247972/need-help-with-hp-pavillion/
Relevancy 33.11%

my computer as a Black screen and saysBoot Device not foundplease install an Operating system on your hard diskHard disk (3FO) Can anyone help me

A:HP Pavillion

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Can you also post back with the version of the operating system currently installed on the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion/td-p/5596611
Relevancy 33.11%

It is a MS Win but I wasn't sure which one Anyhow It is a new Pav t nbsp Taken out of the box on Aug nbsp Since then I spent one long night on phone with HP tech support due to freezing nbsp Tech blamed me for not up-dating it nbsp Tonight it froze again another long phone call amp now nbsp I'm sitting next to a brand new computer that I can't touch while it goes through hrs of diagnostics and writing to you from my old HP 17 Pavillion New HP Pav g nbsp never had a computer do this twice in it's first weeks of life before This is my rd HP amp I felt some kind of loyalty to the company nbsp Bought the best care pack amp it is no good nbsp Suggestions Already went through the turn it upside down amp remove battery drill Brand new computer should not be frozen My Internet connection is fine as you can see on my old HP Pav New HP Pavillion 17 g

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/New-HP-Pavillion-17/td-p/5763576
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi. I bought this laptop used from someone online. I know it is old. It uses the FS1 socket, and has an A4 processor. So I can't expect too much. But it just locks up on me aall the time. As soon as I try to open anything, it just locks up. The day I got it, I was able to open Google Chrome and watch some Youtube videos. The next day, nothing. I think the HDD is screwed, and I would like to replace it with an SSD. My problem is, it will not detect my SSD. What can I do to get my SSD installed in this thing, so that hopefully I can use it for some basic things on the go?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pavillion-g6/td-p/5752267
Relevancy 33.11%

I seem to have a problem with my RAM i need to upgrade to a higher GB could someone please help and advise on what i need and the highest GB i can upgrade toas i have only had this computer for 7 months and the ram is full already.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-23-quot-PAVILLION-ALL-IN-ONE/td-p/5709690
Relevancy 33.11%

I had a virus and I deleted some files I restarted Pavillion Hp my computer Hp Pavillion and now it is going to Hp Pavillion the menu to choose from normal safemode etc it is telling me the the XMS cache had an error of some sort if i go to normal it brings me to a gray screen telling me that it Hp Pavillion has found new hardware so im trying to find the software for the hardware but it only looks in the a drive when i try to find it in the browse area it keeps telling me it isnt finding the software if i cancel the new hardware setup it brings up a box stating SUREGCREATEKEY COULD NOT BE FOUND I still have the files in the recycle bin but i cant get to it to put the files back i have a system recovery cd but it keeps telling me that i may lose the programs i have installed since i bought the computer i dont want to do that when i am at the first menu where i have to choose normal safemode etc it tells me that i need to run scanreg but i cant get to the dos screen to run it any ideas to get my computer going nbsp

A:Hp Pavillion

what happens when you boot into safemode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion.272910/
Relevancy 33.11%

At first time, the DVD player was working, and the second time when I tried to insert DVD to the player, the player made some sound like Krik Krik, and sipt out the DVD. Eveytime, different DVD used and the DVDs or Audio CDs are working with other Computer DVD players and CD players. My boss just bought it for classroom. But no DVD or CD player, it is not useful. What is the solution for this? My boss bought it one month ago. Maybe less.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-All-in-one-Pavillion-B-amp-o-DVD/td-p/5651418
Relevancy 33.11%

HI there. I have recently cracked the touch screen on my pavillion 23. as you can see I am able to do some stuff on here but everything flashes and turns the pages by itself. ugh!:-(I thought i had turned off the touch screen but on reboot it starts up again!Can beautiful person please give me lamen termed instructions on how to remove the touchscreen capabilty or any othe constructive advice would be good.I cant afford to replace it. no idea what it will cost to fix. hard to research anything on here right now.Please help:-)Sorry about it being the wrong board and its I5 core. it wont let me select the right ones grrrrr 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-23/td-p/5837221