Windows Support Forum

Formatted HP DV4-2164US, Now Screen Is Offset

Q: Formatted HP DV4-2164US, Now Screen Is Offset

Just over the weekend I got rid of my extra PS I had laying around and got a HP DV - US Laptop The guy I had got it from had Windows Ultimate on it which I was okay with But it was -bit not -bit The laptop has a dual core i M processsor clocked at ghz with gb ddr ram installed so it s perfectly capable of running bit windows So I got an installation of Ubuntu bit to put on the computer as a fail-safe incase something went wrong with the installion of bit windows Well heres the thing I installed Ubuntu but it had said a file was corrupt so I had to stop it and start over again so I went ahead and formatted the Formatted Offset Is Now DV4-2164US, HP Screen whole harddrive for two reasons the install messed up and the guy had the harddrive have sections partitions on it and I didnt want that After I tried to install it went perfectly and installed but then as it rebooted some problems occured - when it booted up the screen was black but when I changed the brightness with the keys the screen showed but it was strethed past the screen about - inches to the right It was on the left edge perfectly but went past the right edges Also at the bottom it stretches anything down some and shows whats at the very top of the screen again at the bottom - when updates installed the screen was normal again so I tried to install Windows alongside Linux but it simply wouldn t so I had to Formatted HP DV4-2164US, Now Screen Is Offset format again giving me the same offset problems as the first time I ve heard people say its a screen cord problem and that its the screen itself But iif thats true then why after updates on Linux it was fixed the first time If needed I can upload pics of the screen display I would like to have anyone help that can with this problem Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-hp-dv4-2164us-now-screen-is-offset.198479/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Formatted HP DV4-2164US, Now Screen Is Offset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 60.63%

The image displayed on the screen of my Toshiba Satellite laptop is offset so that not all of the tray at the bottom is visible, and there is about 3/4" of black screen at the right side of the display.

It seems to have coincided with my having installed a malware-ridden application. Although I think I have expunged all of the malware, the screen display problem persists.

I have tried restarting, and I poked around in the Control Panel options, but no obvious solution has presented itself.

Any suggestions?

A:Screen display on laptop offset so not all of screen visible

try right clicking your desktop, click resolution, then see if your computers on the correct resolution, i've never seen this happen on a lappy before

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301093-screen-display-laptop-offset-so-not-all-screen-visible.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi. I seem to have a problem with full screen games sometimes on my computer. I just started playing Portal when I realized everything was cranked to high settings. I did this when I was fiddling around with RivaTuner, a video card overclocker. This resulted in a low framerate. I decided I would just bring the resolution down a notch from 1440x900 to 1280x800. This resulted in the entire screen being shifted an inch to the right. I tried fixing this by manually moving the screen to the left on the monitor, but this didnt help at all.

I never had a problem with this before? Any ideas on what to do?

A:Screen Offset?

I assume from the 1440x900 that this is an LCD monitor.
Press the adjust or auto button on the monitor and it
should align it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-offset.771371/
Relevancy 60.63%

got on my pc today and the screen is pushed to the right by about 1 inch. ON the left is a black bar and the right side is cut off. I have played with monitor settings and is only makes minor adjustments.

could this be a setting in windows?
any suggestions?

Thank you. 

A:screen is offset to the right

What does the manual for the monitor suggest?

It would help if you provided the make and model of this computer and the monitor.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565627/screen-is-offset-to-the-right/
Relevancy 59.77%

after restarting the computer yesterday the screen is offset to the left about two inches and down about a quarter inch, so I can't see the left side oh the screen. I tried to put the curser on the edge and drag it back but that does not work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Screen Offset To Side

Have you tried the monitor's adjustments?
Cheers,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105471/screen-offset-to-side/
Relevancy 59.77%

Not exactly sure where this goes, but I'll stick it here and it can be moved if necessary.

I have been having problems with my screen when I am booting. It goes through the initial screen where it says how much RAM you have and that is fine. But when it goes to the next screen with the IRQ, etc. it gets offset quite a bit to the left. I can't see the beginning of the words. I just booted up with bootdisk and went to A: and I can't even see that letter. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this error and could shed some light on this problem.

A:Screen offset after boot

Are you sure that's not just your monitor's settings need adjusting?? If your monitor is anywhere new, it will remember settings based on mode (resolution, number of colour and refresh rate) and have a vertical and horizon setting (amongst other settings) for each. You should hold your screen in this mode somehow (i.e. with the bootdisk) and then adjust accordingly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-offset-after-boot.2568/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I am trying to help a friend fix his laptop For some reason the top of the display is pulled down the monitor about th of the way you can't see anything above it but sometimes it does wrap It even does this on boot and bios nbsp nbsp I checked the connections to the monitor they seemed fine I offset screen has weird laptop tried to install grpahics drives tried playing with device properties tried resetting the bios tried updating laptop screen has weird offset the bios laptop screen has weird offset tried to remove the cmos batter and let it reset i installed a bunch of the drivers off the hp driver download nothing seems to fix it laptop screen has weird offset I am able to hook up a hdmi to another monitor and it works great nbsp nbsp He says it has done this before and he took it in they restored it and it fixed it also I think he didn't install the proper restore and installed off a windows disk instead nbsp nbsp here is a picture of what I mean nbsp nbsp Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

A:laptop screen has weird offset

Thought I should mention, its a Pavilion G7

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-screen-has-weird-offset/td-p/5648192
Relevancy 58.48%

My father in law recently came to me with a problem with his laptop. The screen seems to show a black and white line 3/4 to the right and past the line is a duplicate of part of the screen, at first I thought it was offset, but quickly noticed its actually duplicated the right quarter, is it broken as in hardware issue?
I'd upload an image but im on my mobile just now and have no way to upload.
To date i have tried updating the drivers software and changine resolution, any ideas would be appreciated
If this is in the wrong forum im sorry!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-screen-offset-extra-part-4609458/
Relevancy 58.05%

The Windows Live Mail display is cut off by about one inch on the right. Also the bottom one inch is not visible.
The two pointed arrow will not pull the screen up or to the left. The screen is centered in all other instances. Windows Live Mail is the only display that is offset.

A:Windows Live Mail screen partially offset

Welcome to Seven Forums ewpope. The window is correct on the left and top? Or it just appears off center to the right and down? If the latter, try moving the screen.

With the window open press Alt+ Spacebar, you will get Move and Size options

See if you can use one to manipulate the window

If no help, a screenshot would help

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/344456-windows-live-mail-screen-partially-offset.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Just Installed my new Motherboard and new SSD drive,

All drivers are installed (well as far as I can tell) yet everytime I boot windows up just after beverything has loaded the screen flashes then comes back to how it should be, Not a massive problem, but I have never had this before and dont want an underlying problem on my fresh install, is there anything I can check to see whats causing the issue ?

Motherboard I installed was a savertooth 990FX R2.0 if thats of any help

Thanks in advance

A:Just formatted but screen Flashes

I also get this random grey square where my rubbish bin should be, when I reboot, not all the time, but when its there it wont go unless I click on it, which turns my monitor 90 degrees,

I have checked all drivers and everything is good, (Well as far as I can see) never had this issue before I swapped motherboards, but cant see how a motherboard would cause this issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369656-just-formatted-but-screen-flashes.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I had what I suspect a white screen virus even though I had no message displayed My PC is dual boot Linux screen Partition, white is gone? Formatted and Windows XP Its not connected to the Internet but when what I suspect to be a virus happened it was One day when we booted the PC into windows It showed Formatted Partition, is white screen gone? the white screen with nothing working Not even ctrl alt del For a long time since I do not use that pc much other than for photos and personal memories back up I did not bother with it I have just been using Linux as that is what I primarily use I had been avoiding it actually because I hate formatting reinstalling etc as I had no back up point and restore disk The Windows XP was installed long time ago and I dont even remember where that cd is I tried getting into registry and safe mode when I first found the issue but it could not be resolved However finally after a year to get rid of the problem and nagging at the back of my head I formatted the C partition using Linux but the file system remains NTFS of that partition What I'm wondering is is my issue over or do I need to be careful with files around that PC Im not totally satisfied because I do realise that I have not formatted the entire HDD My theory that its all good is based on that to virus to propagate it would need to transmit using Windows and it will not in Linux So from that angle all looks good However I'm trying to figure out if it would be residing in a file somewhere And that file is copy pasted then obviously in an unprotected windows pc it can again cause havoc I am now using the formatted partition to store my jpeg images and I made sure that there was no other file other than photos folders and all the files in there were actual photos In a nutshell a Formatting a partition removes white screen virus suspected b If I ensure that there is no other file other than the file I know to be a genuine file is it gone Or does it reside on files c I really need a good document on this virus as I could not find anything on it other than steps to remove it There used to be a virus dictionary on kaspersky website I think but I can not seem to find there anymore Thanks

A:Formatted Partition, is white screen gone?

I kind of doubt that it was necessarily a virus.

That said, if you want to check...ClamAV is available for Linux for an AV that can scan for Windows malware. Install that, and run a scan on your file that resided on your Windows partition.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/formatted-partition-white-screen-gone-276624/
Relevancy 46.87%

I used to have windows XP than I upgraded to vista I hate windows vista so I and XP Screen Windows when installs Formatted computer Blue formatted my hard drive and vista is now completely wiped off of it Now Formatted computer and Blue Screen when Windows XP installs I try to install windows xp professional and I get these problems When I install it onto SATA Raid which is what I have always been using it says setup is starting windows and than the Formatted computer and Blue Screen when Windows XP installs screen Formatted computer and Blue Screen when Windows XP installs goes black and I get the blue error screen The blue screen error says STOP x B xF D xC x x I than proceeded to try installing it on SATA IDE and it installed perfectly no errors or anything I thought I figured it out but when I proceeded to boot my computer I get a message that says NTLDR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL ALT DELETE TO REBOOT I have a third setting in SATA that is AHCI but I don't want to try anymore installations I'm scared I'll mess up my computer or something I have a windows vista and windows xp cd For some reason I can reinstall vista back onto the SATA RAID but the blue screen appears when I try to install xp onto SATA RAID Please can someone help me I've been trying to figure this out for hours now I have SATA- IDE RAID AHCI What do these different things mean and which one should it work on Why can windows vista only be installed on RAID and not XP Please does anyone have an answer Thanks

A:Formatted computer and Blue Screen when Windows XP installs

Hmm.. Stick to AHCI and do a 'Boot from CD'. Do NOT use RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) as this is for an array - Wiki HERE.

When the setup starts, 'Full Format' (Not 'Quick') on NTFS and install your OS.

When Vista uninstalls, it takes the NTLDR with it, so there is not Boot Loader on the HDD. If you want to keep this config/install, then look for boot menu disk tools that can restore for you.

-Crit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/formatted-computer-and-blue-screen-when-windows-xp-installs-365435.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Lacie 1tb external hard drive. I have a lot of media on it and suddenly in use it stopped working. I then plugged it into my computer and it said that I had to reformat the hard drive. My other hard drive which had a backup of everything dropped and stopped working. However I really need this one to work and since it can still show up on the computer I was wondering if there was a way I could save it.
Thanks

A:Formatted External hard drive needs to be formatted again?

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatted-external-hard-drive-needs-to-be-formatted-again.968303/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,everyone!
I'm new to this forum.
I need some help with my pc. I do not know how I am getting this blue screen but it just happens.Just formatted my computer.It says NETIO.SYS, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The Blue screen occurs randomly while torrenting.  It could be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.
Help will be highly appreciated
Thank you.
Os.Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
Core.Intel i3-3240
Gpu.Gigabyte,Nvidia GT630 2GB GDDR3
Ram.4/1600
Antivirus.Baidu antivirus

A:Blue screen popup while torrenting with newly formatted windows

That error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is caused by a driver problem.  It highlights NETIO.SYS which makes me wonder about your network driver in particular.  If you got it from anywhere other than your computer or motherboard manufacturer, that's a possible cause.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538751/blue-screen-popup-while-torrenting-with-newly-formatted-windows/
Relevancy 46.01%

Formatted Win7 loads shows Win 7 Logo and Screen blank with cursor

I have an Acer laptop 4551, got hit by nasty viruses and on top no restore intact.
I formatted the hard drive which gave me an error 83% and stopped.
Today I turned on laptop to install fresh genuine Windows 7, I popped in the DVD and done everything in BIOS selected Boot from CD. Everything was Ok I hit enter to Continue then comes the Windows 7 logo and after that a blank black screen with Cursor, that's it! I done that some 5/6 times but no luck.

So I need help anyone out there let me know what to do next, Thanks.

A:Formatted Win7 loads shows Win 7 Logo and Screen blank with cursor

Try wiping the HD: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

If there are errors on this operation then immediately test the HD with maker's HD Diagnosticextended CD scan.

Reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS to Optimal Defaults.

While in BIOS setup set SATA controller to AHCI mode, with DVD drive set to boot first.

WHere did you get Win7? If downloaded, confirm ISO integrity or download another. Burn to DVD using ImgBurn at 4x speed, or write to flash stick using Universal USB Installer with Win7 in dropdown menu. Boot stick under USB, Removable or HD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/194193-formatted-win7-loads-shows-win-7-logo-screen-blank-cursor.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Win8 Release Preview on my SSD. MSinfor32 shows:

Partition Starting Offset = 32,256

So 32,256 / 4,096 = 7.875, but this should be an integer number.

I want to upgrade to released Win8. How can I do this and get the proper Offset?

This is a desktop computer I built three years ago. I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu on a 500 GB hard disk. My goal is to put the Win8 system stuff on an SSD partition with my user stuff on an HDD (the 500 GB disk) partition. I also want to put a Linux system on a second SSD partition with it's user stuff on another HDD partition.

--Bob

A:SSD offset bad

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Forums

Here is a great tutorial on the subject of getting the proper offset for your SSD. Usually though, when you run the Windows installer and allow it to partition and reformat your disk, it will set up the proper alignment as well. If you put Linux on another HDD, just remember to disconnect your SSD with Windows 8 from the system. Otherwise the Linux bootloader may overwrite the Windows bootloader on the SSD. That is, unless you want it that way. I usually use the boot manager in system bios to boot up OSs installed on other drive, as it keeps each installation separate. That way, if you find out you don't want one of the OS's anymore, you don't have to worry about deleting it and then having problems with the boot manager on the other installation.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/17118-ssd-offset-bad.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am looking to understand the concept of fragmentation offset, because I get confused with 13 bits and 8 bytes (64 bits), I have read many article online without clear understanding

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fragmentation-offset.417791/
Relevancy 44.72%

Whenever I print something,the page is not centered.The right hand side is always cut off.How do I change settings so everything is centered?

Relevancy 44.72%

I'm not usually good at explaining what I'm looking for, so I'll try to attach an example if this doesn't make sense.

I have a file that I am using VLookup and it works fine, except on one cell

I want to lookup A3 on tab BLUE array A:O then return the value that is 15 columns over and 51 rows down
So far =VLOOKUP($A3,BLUE!$A:$O,15,FALSE) gets me to row 15 but I don't know how to tell it to drop down 51 rows.

I tried to make offset work but no luck.
Thanks!

Relevancy 44.72%

Just brought a dell optiplex 755 with win. vista business there is a space on the left of the screen about an inch and a half wide, it is like the curser has shifted it sideways as icons on the right of the screen are not visable, it is not the monitor as it all works properly on this machine,,
Question<>how do I fix it? can I do it myself?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offset-veiw.1104821/
Relevancy 44.72%

I use VISTA 64 Home Premium (although not by choice). When printing docs and enevelopes using MS Office Word 2007 on HP Officejet 4215, the top offset prints out 1/2" greater than it should. When printing envelopes, this results in half of return address printing off the left edge of the envelope (or the botom edge, as oriented in the printer). A call to HP support resulted in the suggestion to set all margins to 1/4" prior to printing. This suggestion does not work reliably.

I had no such printer problems (same printer, different computer) using XP and Word 2000.

After scrapping several dozen misprinted envelopes, I give up. Anyone have any suggestions? Thx.

A:Printer offset

see on the printer properties there is a function called "fit to page"

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261500-printer-offset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

I'm using MS Excel for work but I'm stuck on something.

I am trying to return the sum of two cells (e.g. A1*A2=A3) using the offset rule.

So far I've been able to do this just fine, however, I am hoping to generate a different cell colour for the table depending on the order of the sum.

For example:
A1*A2=A3
1 x 4 = 4 (I'd like this in one colour, let's say blue) whereas if the order was reversed...
4 x 1 = 4 (I'd like this in a different colour, let's say red)

Thanks for any help/advice

A:Offset rule in excel

you might want to try: format > conditional formatting

if a1 > a2 then red
if a2 <= A1 then blue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offset-rule-in-excel.1039519/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have noticed that in certain programs (windows mail, dreamweaver, to name but two), the menus in the menu-bar are offset to the right when I open them. They appear not directly below the menu, but below-to-the right of them.

Look at the screenshot for details.

What can be causing this (it doesn't happen in every program, that is the weird thing about it)

A:Menus are offset in certain programs

Hi LPent,

This is perfectly normal. This space in the menus is reserved for check boxes to show when a certain option has been selected, for example 'Word Wrap' in 'Notepad'.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/192820-menus-offset-certain-programs.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, i want ask about CMD when Pinging, Today i see something weird with my Ping ...

here's the Result :

Code:
Reply from 175.103.60.55: bytes=32 time=355ms TTL=53
Reply from 175.103.60.55: bytes=32 time=253ms TTL=53
Reply from 175.103.60.55: bytes=32 time=136ms TTL=53
Reply from 175.103.60.55: bytes=32 - MISCOMPARE at offset 3 - time=138ms TTL=53
Reply from 175.103.60.55: bytes=32 time=134ms TTL=53
i want ask , what was that - MISCOMPARE at offset 3 - ?
sorry for asking weird Question, and Thanks ...

A:CMD Ping MISCOMPARE at offset 3

It happens when the ping was answered, but the return packets don't match what was sent exactly. Sure it's weird, but I would not be worried if it happens only once, but if it's frequent it may signal a problem.

The official explanation is this:
Error Message:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267862-cmd-ping-miscompare-offset-3-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a very big spreadsheet with 12 worksheets (one for each month) and one Year To Date worksheet. On the YTD worksheet I would like to add just the totals from the other 12 worksheets. The totals are all 8 rows apart starting in cell D10 going through D1066.

I would like to have my formula automatically advance by 8. Example: D10 would be the constant in the first formula. D18 would be constant in the next, D26 in the next and so on.

How do I tell the formula that I want to advance by 8 not by 1

Thanks,
CJ

A:Excel Formula OFFSET maybe?

I should have clarified that I want it to advance by 8 "rows" not just by the number 8.
Example:
First formula is =SUM(Jan!D10+Feb!D10+Mar!D10)
Next formula is =SUM(Jan!D18+Feb!D18+Mar!D18)
nets would be D26 and so on.

Is there a way to drag this formula yet have it advance by 8 rows instead of 1 row?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/excel-formula-offset-maybe.4070113/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I couldnt find an answer to my problem from google searching.

Basically I want to transfer data from one workbook to another using the find functions of find, copy, switch workbooks, find, offset, paste, which will run on a couple of hundred names. But I want the offset to change depending on a value I put into one cell in the sheet, i.e. if B2=2 it offsets by 2 columns, if it =3 it offsets by three columns etc, is this possible? I tried putting offset.(FN2,0) and assigning FN2 to equal B2 but it failed.

And pointers would be welcome, thanks.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hey everyone,

I'm having this issue where my youtube videos are loading slightly offset and I can't see the entire picture. Any suggestions on how to fix this? See image attached.

A:Youtube videos offset

Do you have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/youtube-videos-offset.1110357/
Relevancy 44.29%

ei,

the title suggest and request to teach me how to solve this kind of error.. i always recieved this kind of offset error number when opening yahoo messenger, online games, internet explorer.. even the account setting in control panel and other.

im asking for your knowledge and solution in solving this error number is greatly appreciated..!

hope that everyone can help me..!

A:offset 0000c970 ==> help me understand this one..

What is the complete error?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offset-0000c970-help-me-understand-this-one.662874/
Relevancy 44.29%

Cloned my 7 installation to SSD drive and besides a bad sector offset,i have a 0 MB partition located at the start of the drive followed by a 612(?) MB MBR partition with no letter assigned,it really looks messy.Could you please help me get out of this mess?EasyBCD wasnt much of help,it didnt even install properly,it needed some manual registry input which was not to be found anywhere.Would appreciate any guidance...

A:how to repair bad offset after cloning?

Look over these steps which work well: SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System

More here about SSD Alignment and SSD Tweaks and Optimizations in Windows 7

If you're not happy with the result from cloning or imaging then you can always Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/298573-how-repair-bad-offset-after-cloning.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Dell SE WFP LCD Monitor that worked fine when I purchased the desktop A while back I had relocated my workspace and from that point on when I play certain games I have experienced a vertical offset I tried to figure out what the problem was but just decided to play the games in windowed mode My favorite multi-player game was not affected by this in the resolution that I prefer to play so it didn t bother me any Now I have moved down the road taking the monitor with me in the car on a pillow and once plugged in I m now experiencing an horizontal offset that does affect the game I most Offset Display MONITOR: prefer to play How on earth do I resolve this MONITOR: Offset Display I attempted to call Dell but considering my limited warranty expired mos ago they want to charge me something dollars for something I just know has got to have simple resolution Thank you for taking the time MONITOR: Offset Display and I appreciate any helpful feedback nbsp

A:MONITOR: Offset Display

There should be an adjust or auto button on the monitor.
Try pressing it for automatic adjustment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-offset-display.776091/
Relevancy 44.29%

I just got this today. I noticed on the side where the power cable plugs in the lid when closed is slightly offset by half a millimetere which is a tiny amount really. Is this normal and is anyone elses lid on this model like this?

A:Satellite CB30-B-104 - lid offset?

Pic of the side with power cable:

Pic of the side where headphone socket is:

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83697-Satellite-CB30-B-104-lid-offset
Relevancy 43.86%

The SSD I am using is an Intel series gb and my computer is a Dell Studio with Windows Home bit First I cloned my original HDD to the SSD using the Intel Migration Software that came bundled with it and after getting the SSD installed into the laptop and booting it up I brought up diskpart and found out that the partition offsets were off Also according to AS-SSD benchmark it verified that they were off So I booted up Gparted and aligned the partitions with MiB in front of my recovery partition and between the recovery and OS partition After checking diskpart again I found that the offsets satisfied the criteria for being divisible by and AS-SSD verified that the offset was OK However the offset for my OS partition is MUCH larger than what I've in what listed is from different SSD Partition Gparted for Offset is seen in the gigs range and I'm confused because in Gparted the space between the recovery and OS partition is shown as MiB so my question is where is that extra space coming from or why's it being shown differently And is there any disadvantage of having a LARGE offset even if it is divisible by Partition Offset is different from what is listed in Gparted for SSD the correct amount Thanks for looking

A:Partition Offset is different from what is listed in Gparted for SSD

Hello swimnub Welcome to the SevenForums!

Actually you are under the wrong impression about any larger gap between the recovery partition and C. When you have a 160gb drive but see a 7.06gb recovery and 141.99gb OS primary you wonder where the other 6gb went I assume.

What's missing? The conversion of units of measurement by how drives are sold to how they are measured by Windows or any other OS. Drives are sold by the decimal "units of measurement" while an OS sees a drive with binary "units of measurement". To avoid confusion a good article published back in 2007 also includes a calculator to see the difference when converting from decimal to binary. The Tomorrow Times: The Hard Drive Capacity Calculator

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/205354-partition-offset-different-what-listed-gparted-ssd.html
Relevancy 43.86%

When visiting some websites example www indycars com IExplorer crashes Any ideas please IExplore module offset a b in kernel dll System error information says p m Application Error 6 00012a5b offset: IE Down kernel32.dll Closing Faulting application iexplore exe version faulting module kernel dll version fault address x a b amp x d amp x a p m Application Error Fault bucket amp x d amp x a Dump file below lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot gt lt DATABASE gt lt EXE NAME quot iexplore exe quot FILTER quot GRABMI FILTER PRIVACY quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot hmmapi dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xD D C quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Microsoft HTTP Mail Simple MAPI quot IE 6 Closing Down kernel32.dll offset: 00012a5b COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot HMMAPI DLL quot INTERNAL NAME quot HMMAPI quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM IE 6 Closing Down kernel32.dll offset: 00012a5b quot x F quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot IE 6 Closing Down kernel32.dll offset: 00012a5b quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iedw exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x D EE quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot IE Crash Detection quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp gdr - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot iedw exe quot INTERNAL NAME quot iedw exe quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x E quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iexplore exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xE E quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Explorer quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot INTERNAL NAME quot iexplore quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x C quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xDD DAB quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Connection Wizard quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot icwconn dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot icwconn quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x BD quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DAT... Read more

A:IE 6 Closing Down kernel32.dll offset: 00012a5b

Hi,
try re-installing the browser. Seems like a fault with some .dll files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-6-closing-down-kernel32-dll-offset-00012a5b-114511.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am trying to get a value rather than a true or false answer.Cell DJ,2 has this formula= if DI,2 is > 0 (put value of) DI,2 in Dk,2Or is there another way to achieve this?message edited by Basecalc

A:How to use If statement nested with Offset to return Value

A formula can only return a result into the cell in which it resides.In other words, a formula in DJ2 can not place a result in DK2. The formula in DJ2 can only place its result in DJ2.The only way for a result to end up in DK2 is either via a formula that resides in DK2 or by using a macro that monitors DJ2 and then writes something into DK2 based on what it sees in DJ2.Why can't you just put the formula in DK2?Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.message edited by DerbyDad03

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-use-if-statement-nested-with-offset-to-return-value/20199.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but someone might know anyway. I'm beginning to understand the segmentffset addressing scheme for computer memory, but I'm wondering why they had to go through all the trouble of making that? Couldn't they just directly use the 20 bit linear address without going through that hassle? Also, was this method used only in 16 bit machines or does it apply to today's 32 bit and 64 bit machines?

Relevancy 43.86%

Please help a new VBA beginner I have created a call tracker worksheet that is divided into equal parts on worksheet One part for each day of week The form I started will open and place todays date in of the sections if it is new date If todays date already exists it will use that section I need help configuring the Start and End controls on the form to place time value of hh mm ss in the cells The Start alternates every other cell starting in column A and ending in column U Then it must drop down rows and start A to U again The same with the End time alternates every other cell which starts in the B column and ending in the V column and then dropping down rows to start B to V again It is probably easier to see what I mean by the sample I have attached Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-form-offset-code.774750/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I have data in A1 of workbook Test.xls which I want to find in column A of workbook Test2.xls, once found I want to return the value of H5 in Test.xls into the corresponding row in column C of Test2.xls

Both worksheets are called Sheet1 in each workbook.

Can someone let me know how I can macro this as I need to extend the same process with further data copying in the future.

Thanks.

A:Macro for Match & Offset copying values

With test.xls active:

Sub test()
x = Application.Match(Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), Workbooks("test2.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Columns(1), 0)
Workbooks("test2.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(x, 3) = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("H5")
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-for-match-offset-copying-values.885438/
Relevancy 43%

I need to sum all cells where the cell to its left is a match to certain criteria. There is only one criteria, but there could be several instances in an array where it will match, when it does match, I need to sum the cell one column over from all matches.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Relevancy 43%

Hello I m a bit stumped I ve attached a Offset / Range Return Solved: Search portion of my workbook for reference What I m trying to accomplish is this in the quot KANBAN Info quot worksheet column C I d like to search the value in column A from the quot Info Sheet quot in range quot E AJ quot then return the value offset columns Solved: Search Range / Return Offset to the right but then repeat untill it finds every instance of the value from column A from the quot KANBAN Info quot sheet ALL at the same time adding all of the values it finds together creating a SUMMED value in the end I hope that make sense The COUNT column in the quot KANBAN Info quot sheet tells me how many instances of the value exist but finding them all and adding the values from the corresponding Daily Usage columns is a bit more complicated than I thought I know all about the VLOOKUP HLOOKUP feature among others but I don t think that it is going to be that easy but I do believe some type of a Macro in VB will do the trick Any help will be MUCH appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I can't run Adobe Photoshop CS it crashes on loading i get this error quot Photoshop has encountered a IE7 crash Photoshop Kernel32.dll and offset:00018943 Cs3 on problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot AppName photoshop exe AppVer ModName kernel dll ModVer Offset i have been searchin for an answer for days i have tried eveything -microsoft mouse drivers causes that but Photoshop Cs3 and IE7 crash on Kernel32.dll offset:00018943 i dont have intelli mouse -i have tried the update file from adobe -Adobe Preferences Pspi deleted all pref files etc -Updated Photoshop Cs3 and IE7 crash on Kernel32.dll offset:00018943 the Vga drivers i have ati radeon pls help me i have the Photoshop Cs3 and IE7 crash on Kernel32.dll offset:00018943 same error on internet explorer when i try to check my emails on my hotmail account explorer crashes and i get this error quot Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot AppName iexplore exe AppVer ModName kernel dll ModVer Offset Here is my log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM astsrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe D Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE g Program Files Messenger Detect MDServ exe g Program Files Messenger Detect MDetect exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System ups exe D UPSMON Service Exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE D UPSMON exe D Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe D Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook i-Nav IDN SearchHook - CE -A C- - - CD AB F - C Program Files VeriSign i-Nav i-nav dll O - BHO XTTBPos Class - FD D- A - e - D-DC B D - C PROGRA ICQTOO toolbaru dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO FGCatchUrl - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - A F - - E- C -B CF E - no file O - BHO no name - A - B - E- F - AAE DFE - C WINDOWS system vdxfkivl dll O - BHO no name - A DD B -B B-E B - - D A AF EB - no file O - BHO no name - AA BCE- - F - D - D B A E D - no file O - BHO i-Nav IDN Resolver - CE -A C- - - CD AB F - C Program Files VeriSign i-Nav i-nav dll O - BHO Kwyshell MidpX - EBE E B -B - BC-AD - EDCB E - E Program Files Kwyshell MidpX JadInvoker MidpInvoker dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files FlashGet getflash dll O - HKLM Run UPSMON D UPSMON exe O - HKLM Run kis quot D Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspers... Read more

Relevancy 42.57%

I would need the following help in a VB code In my sheet Contracts There will be text in column A from row to I have a code that is doing the following Code If Not Intersect Target Range quot B B quot Is Nothing Then For I To Target ' stops the code looping tmpArr tmpArr amp quot quot amp I Next I With Target With Offset Resize Value NumberFormat quot quot Value Application Transpose Split Mid tmpArr quot quot Formula quot A quot amp Row amp quot amp quot quot quot quot amp TEXT ROW - quot amp Row - amp quot quot quot quot quot 2007) with error (Excel Offset EntireRow.Insert quot quot HS quot quot quot quot quot quot quot Value Value End With Offset - Copy Offset - Resize Value End With End If Therefore every time a user adds a number between Column B row to it will add the information based on what number the user has inserted No error is running and this is perfect Now on my Sheet Report I Offset with EntireRow.Insert error (Excel 2007) need the same code in column L from Offset with EntireRow.Insert error (Excel 2007) row to I could use the same code but this sheet needs to add a row to each extra numbers So if the user adds or more the code runs by adding an extra row with offset of information from - to The following code is making an error on the following line quot With Offset Resize Value quot Code If Target Count gt Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect Target Range quot L L quot Is Nothing Then NumRows Target Value - For R To NumRows Target Offset EntireRow Insert Next R End If If Not Intersect Target Range quot L L quot Is Nothing Then Application EnableEvents False For I To Target ' stops the code looping tmpArr tmpArr amp quot quot amp I Next I With Target With Offset Resize Value NumberFormat quot quot Value Application Transpose Split Mid tmpArr quot quot Formula quot A quot amp Row amp quot amp quot quot quot quot amp TEXT ROW - quot amp Row - amp quot quot quot quot quot quot quot HS quot quot quot quot quot quot quot Value Value End With Offset - Copy Offset - Resize Value End With Application EnableEvents True End If End If Can anyone tell me how to fix this code nbsp

A:Offset with EntireRow.Insert error (Excel 2007)

Hav you checked if the .Offset(0, -1) is not negative, if you have an Offset(0,-1) on column A you will get an error.
That's the only thing I can come up with when I see your code.
Try debugging by going through the lines of code step-by-step
See my signature

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offset-with-entirerow-insert-error-excel-2007.1071147/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a problem. When I burn a custom made DVD, with multiple chapters (each chapter is a different video file) the sound is ahead of the video by 1-2 seconds. The video itself is perfectly fine, but when I import the video files in DVD Builder and burn the DVD, the sound and video become offset. I don't know why this is happening!! Is there any way to fix this problem???

Relevancy 42.57%

I need help using index and match instead of vlookup since it is usually faster. I am using in Sheet1 of cell J2 =VLOOKUP(H2,Sheet2!$E:$I,2,FALSE). I will also be needing field 3, 4, and 5. I can't get my head around the index match offset commands to convert this. I am in cell J2 looking up H2 on sheet2 column E for the array E-I and where there is a match getting the value in 2nd field (F2). I have about 60,000 rows and vlookup takes forever. Any help would be appreciated as well as explanation of the index-match-offset formula to return a value.

A:Solved: Excel index match offset instead of vlookup

index match is for complex lookup, for simple lookup vlookup is good enough.
Nothing beats build-in functions in terms of speed.

You will need index match when
1. your lookup field is not the first column
2. your return column is subject to change (in this case match is to look for the column)
3. you are returning a matrix (that is, 2 criterias, one in column one in row).

for your current case,
J2 =VLOOKUP(H2,Sheet2!$E:$I,2,FALSE)
index(array, row number, column number)
match(value, array, type)
array = Sheet2!$E:$I
row number = match(H2, Sheet2!$E:$E,0) 'type zero for exact match, if not found will throw error.
column number = 2
'unless you have column title then
column number = match("title of column 2 in sheet 2",sheet2!$E$1:$I$1,0)
you may put match into vlookup as well
J2 =VLOOKUP(H2,Sheet2!$E:$I,match("title of column 2 in sheet 2",sheet2!$E$1:$I$1,0),FALSE)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-index-match-offset-instead-of-vlookup.1058810/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi

I am trying to get a date value from one sheet to populate another sheet using the offset function.

Using:

Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Offset(0, 3)= " (need to show date here from another sheet) "

Any help would be much appreciated..

Thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

I decided to play around with the partition layout on my HD - reason being that I anticipate getting my first-ever SSD this Christmas Don't worry I have backups of everything At the moment it look like this C GB offset - size sectors D GB offset - size sectors E GB offset - size unused sectors at the end of the disk Question Is there any partition managing software similar to EASEUS Partition Master or the Partition Wizard CD that can do sector-exact partition moving resizing The apps I just mentioned won't allow for and boot Tweaking size...issues? offset partition that kind of finetuning and actually seem to randomly leave tiny gaps between partitions I'd like to shift the C partition to an offset of but without using the Paragon alignment tool or similar products Tweaking boot partition offset and size...issues? call me crazy but Tweaking boot partition offset and size...issues? I like doing things manually Question I got to thinking that since all my NTFS partitions are formatted with a KB cluster size the sector size they use is ideally a multiple of Obviously this isn't the case here so for C I determined that Tweaking boot partition offset and size...issues? the last used sector relative to the offset is and figured I could trim the last sectors off I did this by manually editing the partition info in the MBR with a WinPE-based tool from Active and promptly had a BSOD next time I restarted saying INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE I reversed the change to the partition table and everything was fine again I'm thinking that Windows keeps records of the partition layout somewhere in its registry so it knows which partitions there should be and which drive letters to assign to them Where is this information stored in the registry Bonus Question What is the importance of the last sectors MB being left unused Windows will not extend a partition beyond that last little bit and there must be some reason for that Is it OK to grab it anyway and extend the last partition to the very end Thanks in advance

A:Tweaking boot partition offset and size...issues?

I know my questions are technical and kinda unusual... ...but I'm very curious about things like this by nature. That's how I learn...

(Also it seems I can ensure correct partition alignment on my future SSD by creating empty partitions on it first and then restoring a Macrium image backup into them. Right?)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/194131-tweaking-boot-partition-offset-size-issues.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I know that this is probably a pretty trivial problem, but I can't seem to come up with the answer. I am trying to set the selection focus to a cell in a column, based on an offset variable. The following is a little macro that I created to experiment with. As written, it positions the selection focus on cell C6. But I can't find the way to set it to C6 + Offset. The only reason for the MsgBox statement is to prove that I passed the argument as expected.

Sub MvTo(ByVal Offset As Long)

Range("C6").Select
MsgBox "Offset " & Offset

End Sub

I thought I could use RnCn cell references and write something like Range("R6[+Offset]C3").Select, but I get an error return, so I'm missing something somewhere. Run-time error '1004', Method 'Range' of object "_Global' failed.

I am using Excel 2000.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all Basically what I have is two sheets in the same workbook in Excel - varying offset Macro, Excel with copying Solved: In the first one I have numbers in the range C C with Solved: Excel - Macro, copying with varying offset a description belonging to each Solved: Excel - Macro, copying with varying offset number in D D What I want in the second sheet is the number of C sheet and the description of D sheet to be copied in cells D and D of sheet respectively This shouldn t be so hard but then I d like C and D of sheet to be copied into cells D and D of sheet respectively And so on and so forth for the whole range of C D Would this be possible in a macro I ve tried recording using relative references but to no avail What basically is the problem is that the offset differs per sheet The offset in terms of rows in sheet is C needs to be copied then C etc whereas the offset in terms of rows in sheet Solved: Excel - Macro, copying with varying offset is the value from sheet needs to be copied to D the next to D the next to D etc Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Excel - Macro, copying with varying offset

Hi, welcome to the forum. I suggest you attach sample files with dummy data explaining what you have and what you require.
I will make it easier to understand.
It is also advisable to mention which Excel version you're using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-copying-with-varying-offset.1150423/
Relevancy 42.57%

This is my first time encountering such a strange issue I don't really know how to describe UEFI BIOS on HDMI output? split/offset it and googling doesn't really turn up much either most UEFI BIOS split/offset on HDMI output? just say auto-adjust display but this is a HDTV so here's a pic MSI Z A-G G i - K not overclocked Powercolor HD PCS GB In fact I connected the small screen just so that I can read things in the BIOS properly It's connected via MiniDP gt VGA Tried connecting the TV using HDMI direct DVI-D gt HDMI adapter MiniDP gt HDMI adapter Also tried overscan on off it only makes the image bigger smaller All the same TV got no VGA input to test not that I'd want a VGA connection anyway for quality reasons The issue persists from boot up through post and Windows logo loading screen Windows login screen onwards all is well I have updated with the latest Catalyst drivers Chipset drivers are also current The issue does not appear when using onboard video Does anyone know what's going on please

A:UEFI BIOS split/offset on HDMI output?

I am not familiar with UEFI BIOS, maybe an option for display resolution? Seems you get this with standard VGA and it corrects when drivers are actually loaded.

Does TV have display modes? For example mine has: Auto fill/ Auto zoom/ Super zoom/ Movie expand 16:9/ Wide screen/ Unscaled

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370047-uefi-bios-split-offset-hdmi-output.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am getting error msgs on IE since yesterday (AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16735 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 41002047)

Below is the RSIT Log.Any help is greatly appreciated.I have Trend Micro and AdWare and both come up empty.

Thank you,
gerdpeter

A:IE doesn't start anymore (error on offset 41002047)

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182828/ie-doesnt-start-anymore-error-on-offset-41002047/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have just formatted my old PC and installed winXP professional. Everything went as expected, I also configured my internet connection and activated windows, then I restarted. Now the computer hangs in the "Welcome" screen and stays there. What could the problem be? I haven't installed any graphics drivers or any other device except for my modem. I also changed the colour depth (I think that's how it's called) in the monitor settings to 32 bit (from 16 bit). Maybe because no video driver is installed, could that cause a problem?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-freshly-formatted-winxp-comp-hangs-in-welcome-screen.594410/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have just formatted my old PC and installed winXP professional. Everything went as expected, I also configured my internet connection and activated windows, then I restarted. Now the computer hangs in the "Welcome" screen and stays there. What could the problem be? I haven't installed any graphics drivers or any other device except for my modem. I also changed the colour depth (I think that's how it's called) in the monitor settings to 32 bit (from 16 bit). Maybe because no video driver is installed, could that cause a problem?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Freshly formatted winXP comp hangs is "welcome" screen!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-freshly-formatted-winxp-comp-hangs-is-welcome-screen.596181/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am in an attempt of listing some details from the Windows Prefetch file such Filename, FileCreatedTime,
FileModifiedTime,File Size, Process Name, Process Path,Run Counter & Last Run time.
Though there are many tools like Nirsoft WinPrefetchViewer and couple of more available. I thought of creating
one internally for my organization.
And coming to the point out of these many details I have cracked or extracted them except the Process full path
(For Eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe in case Firefox executable).
To give more details I have converted the .pf file into a hexdecimal format for extarcting the offset addresses
of the field and converted them to decimal or Asci accordingly.
And spending considerable amount of time in exploring I was not able to find the offset address of the Full process
path in the prefetch file.
It will be great if someone through light in this regard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401265-get-full-process-path-prefetch-file-offset-address.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I discovered this issue recently i bought on drive vista on formatted vista not says pc hard formatted my an external drive case so i can move my internal drive installed on my Vista PC and have it accessible on my Win laptop away from home I don't understand why hard drive formatted on vista says not formatted on my vista pc the hard drive reads as not initialized or formatted on my win pc I have two from my vista pc neither read on my pc Can anyone shed some light on this Also when i moved my hard drive back to my vista PC the drive appeared to be blank and unformatted the data is not lost but the partition data was lost I was able to recover my lost data using recovery software hard drive formatted on vista says not formatted on my vista pc that unfortunately was not free Temporarily I'm formatting the drive on my PC in hopes there will not be future problems like this Oh yeah by Vista PC specs - home built Vista Home Premium X Intel i cpu MSI X Platinum mobo Corsair DDR - ram Seagate SATAII TB primary Toshiba TB secondary internal Western Digital TB secondary internal please help

A:hard drive formatted on vista says not formatted on my vista pc

Zim mate you would be better posting in the Vista forum (at top of this page) run by the same crew as here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349173-hard-drive-formatted-vista-says-not-formatted-my-vista-pc.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

I configured the "system time
offset" service for it to be offline
between 10h - 21h, but somehow
the service is an up / down all
the days 8:41 p.m. (always
same time) and disconnected my
system. Are Could someone tell me
if there is another service that is triggering the
service "system time offset"?

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a8bdbb5-c4fb-416a-aaaa-e0dc2cf665c1/service-quotsystem-time-offsetquot-is-activated-automatically?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all, I have a problem with viewing my Word 2000 documents under Word 2002. I format a document under 2000 and when I look at it under 2002 the margins on the top and bottom are shifted upward. The margin settings are the same size when I look at the document under 2000 and 2002 but the 2002 documents are offset. My text boxes and pictures are shifted somehow. I was thinking there might be a hot fix for this issue. Anyone know what is causing this?
Thank you
Matt

A:Word 2000 Doc's offset under Word 2002

are you flipping between 2000 and 2002?

why not use the same version of word on both computers?

i ran into a different problem with office '97 and 2000 and changed all systems to 2k.
i'd run a 97 or 2k word doc and was always asked if i wanted to change to the other format, sometimes i did, sometimes i didn't.

i have a feeling you try to look at a doc done in 2k and want to view it in 2002.
when you finish you're probably asked do you want to revert back to 2k and that's why you're having problems.
if you change it to 2002 it 's supposed to be backward compatible with 2k and you don't say if this is happening one time or every time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-docs-offset-under-word-2002.430543/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi Guys,

I am trying to pair up a Proliant Storageworks 4254 to a Proliant 6400R.

I have two Smart array 3200 cards to which I am connecting, I am experiencing intermittant connection problems between the 2 units.

I am using a VHDCI 68 male to VHDCI 68 male, when I disconnect the cables at startup the error msgs clear ( obviously I have no drives, but at least the msg goes away ) suggesting that the cards are fine but I have the wrong cable.

I have read further an believe that I need a ( very expensive ) "OFFSET" cable.

What is the difference between these 2 cables?? Am I right in thinking that maybe the difference is similar to network cables where the "transmit" & "receive" pins are swapped over??

Cheers guys,

A:SCSI "offset" cable???

I don't know what "offset" could mean, but I found a place in the UK that sells the cable you need, it's 42:

HP Cable Kit VHDCI/VHDCI (2m)
This cable is used in the Storage Works Enclosure 4200. This cable comes standard on model 4214T. For Smart Array connectivity with model 4254 this can be ordered separately.

Address:
1 Mead Way
Padiham, BB127NG

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 08719903042

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scsi-offset-cable.383395/
Relevancy 35.69%

Windows 8 Start Screen Customizer worked well for this in W8. However, it doesn't work with 8.1. I've already emailed the developer, but without a response.

Is there an alternative method to getting no tiles show on the start screen or if possible, just one tile and the rest unvisible until scrolled over?

I like the start tiles and my alternating wallpapers, just would like a minimal start screen.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/32075-offset-tiles-transparent-tiles-possible.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Spacing between the left of the screen and icons: Normal
Spacing between the upper part of the screen and icons: Normal
Spacing between the right of the screen and icons: Big
Spacing between the lower part of the screen (taskbar) and icons: Bigger

There are gaps between the sides of the screen and my icons. What's going on?

A:Align icons to grid for desktop icons: Grid is offset

Sorry to hear you are having problems Matias!

What monitor and what resolution are you running currently? Might be the wrong resolution...

Might be incorrect drivers...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/77220-align-icons-grid-desktop-icons-grid-offset.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi techguys

One question,...Is a virus able to hide itself on a harddrive after the drive has been formatted?
Matt

Relevancy 33.54%

I have an usb hardisk connected to my computer and
today someone took control and fast started a format program
and formatted that hardisk.

I have win xp firewall and antivirus programs and antispyware too
but that didnt help.

What can i do to protect better?

I have no idea how these thing works - what are these folks using
to be able to get in a comp and do such things?

Relevancy 33.54%

Hello,

I have an old 20GB drive that has 2 partitions. The second is fine but the first says Not fornatted although I know it was the last time I looked.

I used TestDisK and did exactly as in another thread. I am now not able to see this partition in explorer but in Disk Mgmt it says 'Unallocated'.

I assume if there was anything on this partition it is now in heaven. Correct?

I have an few HDs that I am checking out that have crashed over the last year and some really have important data on it, but thought I'd try this one first.

Is there anything else I should do or should have done to help get a better result?

Thanks

oz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hd-ays-not-formatted-270024.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a few problems first I will start with the most important problem My Belkin N wireless PCMCIA card is not working the lights are not coming on i tried on my fathers laptop the lights came on I dont know but i think it is the pcmcia slot it might need a driver or something I tried to install Intel 82845 processor AGP controller - 1A31 Pci to bridge driver in hope it will get it working but when trying to install the driver it asks for AGP440.sys and tells me to put in the xp serivce pack 3 cd i put it in but it cant find the file neither can i. My second problem is when i install the graphics driver it says that i need to put it in standard vga.

I use XP sp3 Dell inspiron 8200 ati mobility radeon

Relevancy 33.54%

about 1 1/2 years ago, i was having BSOD issues...MS worked with me for a long time (KUDOS!!) Anyway...the cause of my problem was an overheated CPU due to the crappy stock fan INTEL sells you...

Very Long story short...MS formatted my HDD, I think it was just a "back up or dup installation"...and now I want my 90 gigs back and avail to me...how can i tell if W7 and everything is just duplicated on my disc or if I still need the formatting? It is called Drive D and I never seem to have to access it...

I hope this makes sense.

A:Formatted HDD...Do I still need it formatted?

The main file is called WINDOWS IMAGE BACK UP ...it is 60 gigs w/ 17 files and 4 folders.
It is READ ONLY

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/197819-formatted-hdd-do-i-still-need-formatted.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi Here's my problem - I had vista and installed format Formatted and help. need Windows on my computer - I installed W on my master HD which is ACER C - During the installation it asked me to boot my computer and I choose the first HD of the I have listed in the boot menu I thought it was the ACER C but no it wasnt It was one of my local disk a Maxtor HD The installation is complete Everything is fine except one thing I cannot access my Maxtor HD i used to boot with during the installation but in my Device Menager it said its there and Formatted and need help. working perfectly I cannot boot my computer unless I go to Boot Menu when I start Formatted and need help. my computer and choose my Maxtor HD which is stupid because its not my Master HD I tried to re-format again booting with my master HD but its not working So I have W on my master I boot with my local disk which is working but can't access I have stuffs on it I really need to know if there's a way to get back my stuff on my Maxtor HD Any help is welcome sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance

A:Formatted and need help.

Quote: Originally Posted by MagnaCarta

Hi.
Here's my problem :

1- I had vista and installed(format) Windows 7 on my computer.
2- I installed W7 on my master HD which is ACER(C).
3- During the installation it asked me to boot my computer and I choose the first HD of the 3 I have listed in the boot menu(I thought it was the ACER(C)
but no, it wasnt. It was one of my local disk, a Maxtor HD.

The installation is complete. Everything is fine except one thing :

I cannot access my Maxtor HD i used to boot with during the installation but in my Device Menager it said its there and working perfectly.

I cannot boot my computer unless I go to Boot Menu when I start my computer and choose my Maxtor HD which is stupid because its not my Master HD.

I tried to re-format again booting with my master HD but its not working.
So... I have W7 on my master, I boot with my local disk which is working but can't access(I have stuffs on it).

I really need to know if there's a way to get back my stuff on my Maxtor HD.
Any help is welcome, sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance.

Hello MagnaCarta, and welcome to Windows Seven Forums!

I would suggest first for you to unplug (after the computer is turned off) all but the master hard drive (ACER(C)) and follow this tutorial. You may need to repeat the procedure up to three times to complete the fix:

MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record

Afterward, we can see about the Maxtor drive?

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/43035-formatted-need-help.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I bought some CD RW s from a locale office supplies-type store and when I put one of the CD s in the drive intending to format it the drive spun several seconds then to my surprise quot DirectCD quot Ver d said the CD was useable in all forms I ve used of these CD s for storing pictures and have IrfanView Vers x on it and I they? CD's Pre-formatted are or --- can view the pictures just fine with it or the newest version of I view which is on the computer No problems so far in moving pic s between the HD amp CD or CD to HD -- NOW I am using quot EasyCD Creator quot Ver d S and I want to make a music cd The CD would have about - wav files on it Would the CD still Pre-formatted CD's --- or are they? be readable on home Cd systems amp other computers or do Pre-formatted CD's --- or are they? wav files have to be converted to some other format to make them readable on home player s and the CD player Windows comes with nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

Looking for a free application that'll pre-format my CDs as UDF. Can someone recommend one please?

thx

A:CD's formatted as UDF

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locBasepartNum=ob886en

Veritas dla and says it is for HP computers but I have used it on other systems with no problems. Veritas dla 3.5 is a newer version if you can find it on the net.

There's also a Veritas for IBM compatible systems and another one for Dell:

http://www.argentuma.com/backup/software/dla.html

I tried the IBM but couldn't install it on my system although some folks have been able to install it on systems other than IBM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cds-formatted-as-udf.709690/
Relevancy 33.54%

My computer died. Vital information was backed up on an external hard disk. I had been able to access it there from the old computer.

Now, in trying to access that hard disk from 3 different computers, the message is that it is "not formatted". All of the computers have been running Windows XP.

Is there anything I might try to retrieve the stored information, or must this be taken to data recovery specialists? Thank you for any advice.

A:Not Formatted?

There is good data recovery software but tends to be quite expensive ( depends how much you value your data)
O&O will let you try before you buy, what tends to happen is you run the software it will tell you what it can recover.
Now here's the catch, it won't recover until you buy, but at least you will know if the data is recoverable
There are a few free ones, you could try PcInspecter first
http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recovery/download.htm?language=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-formatted.766237/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello all,

After a nasty virus I decided to format and I'm currently enjoying a fresh PC once again. I have installed the following Anti Virus and Spyware tools:

Avira Antivir & Spybot Search and Destroy

Is there anything else I could / should use in conjunction with these?
Thank you!

A:Just formatted and using the following:

First off, what OS are you running (this is just for one of the protection pieces)?Secondly, I personally would say to drop Spybot since it's not as good as it was a while back from what I hear. Alternative Antispyware scanners include Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware.Also, it'd probably be best to be behind a third party firewall such as Comodo or Zonealarm.You can find more HERE for a firewall of choice as well as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware there. Just remember to only have one Firewall on your computer running, so disable the one in Windows when installing the firewall of choice if you decide to take a third party firewall. Also to note, I don't think Comodo's in there, and I'm not sure on the download link myself. I do remember, though, that if you do download Comodo, make sure you uncheck the box to download their Antivirus app or something to that degree.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/238002/just-formatted-and-using-the-following/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just formatted all my hard drives and i get - fps while playinng Counter-Strike I tested it in many servers and its all the same problem I used to have fps constantly when I first got this computer Only programs i have running is Steam required while playing cs and KasperSky which i turned turned still fps. low Formatted... off and still the same problem I updated latest Directx latest video card drivers latest mother board drivers and i updated windows I have installed CPL gui so there is no bad settings on my cs I turned off Vsync AA AF and made Image setting to High Performance Put on the Formatted... still low fps. Highest Screen Refresh Rate which is Hertz All though these did improve the fps by around It is still unplayable The range of Formatted... still low fps. the FPS shouldn t be like this Here is the time line of my computer First got the computer fps Got a DVD-ROM and noticed slowdown of the computer and - fps Unplugged old CD-ROM little better with booting same fps After months of using the computer it kept on crashing and FPS dropped to - Formatted both hard drives and Faster amp more stable computer have even lower fps - I will unplug my DVD and plug back my old CD-ROM after i get my old files back see what happens The funny this is that when i had the fps about months ago I put Vsync on and had fps constantly and when i turned it off i had fps constantly BUT NOW i leave vsync on and off and i see no difference in FPS it is both the same low fps The Primary IDE Channel is all on Ultra DMA mode Please Note I updated mobo graphics card directx Turned off AA AF Vsync and put image setting to high performance Screen refresh rate to maximum Used to have maximum FPS of I ll attach my specs because its too long Thank you i d very much appreciate it if you helped nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

MY laptop ATA HD (NTFS) has two partitions: One of 100 Mb, reserved for the system, the other C:> (230 Mb).

All I want is to format C:> so I can do a clean install using my original Win7 Home Premium (32 bits) CD.

Never did a format before without the help from a third party.
As I moved to a small town and don't know anyone who could help me, I will have to rely on the help from you people at the Seven Forums.

Need help to do this all by myself SOON, and don't want to disrupt the partition reserved for the system.

I appreciate any help that can make make me accomplish this task safely.

Cheers,
Flores

A:I have never formatted an HD before, but now I need to.

Simply format your C partition when you do the new install. It`s that simple.

Clean Install Windows 7

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Post us a pic of disk management fully expanded b4 you start.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/285504-i-have-never-formatted-hd-before-but-now-i-need.html
Relevancy 33.54%

here is the condition.

i have 1 harddisk(40G) which partition into 2 drive(20G x 2).

i want to format it so i boot it with xp cd. i want to delete both partition and do a new installation. whe i press 'L' to confirm delete it jup back to previous screen and the 2 partition still there.

after that i try use 98 bootdisk to delete the partition. this time i manage to delete the partition(everything looks normal) but after i reboot and go in again that 2 partition come back again .

so i try 3rd method. i put it as a slave harddisk and boot into another OS. i try format using disk management, but results show fail when close to 100%. so i try to delete all file and folders inside both partition, after i delete all and reboot again all file is still there,

i wonder how this can happen and anyone know how to solve this problem?

A:HDD cannot be formatted

Is this disk management program the program that came on the cd with your Harddrive when you bought it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-cannot-be-formatted.103785/
Relevancy 33.11%

A few days ago, while someone in my household was using the computer, they tried to download a file which contained the virus WORM_VB.AS - luckily, our anti-virus program detected this and quarrantined the file. I found the file and deleted it (I hope before it did any damage). Since then, I have not tried to access the files on my 2nd internal hard drive. My screensaver is tied to the pictures on this drive and when I got to the computer this morning, there was a message indicating the Screen Saver could not find the files on this drive. I then proceeded to view the contents through My Computer and it showed Total Space 51.0 GB, Free Space 38.6 GB. However, when I double clicked the link, it indicate the drive was not formatted and I need to format it.

If any one can offer any guidance I would appreciate it.

A:Drive Needs to Be Formatted???

Greetings

I suggest you go here, and follow the 5 Steps; then lodge your HJT Log in the HJT forum where one of the expert analysts will guide you through 'cleansing' your system.

Good Luck with it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drive-needs-to-be-formatted-111107.html
Relevancy 33.11%

pls help me. my usb is infected and i can't format or even delete the files. it keeps on saying that the disk is write protected even if it's not. even the latest updates from AVG, Nod32, and MacAfee can't delete the virus. thanks in advance for the help.

A:Usb Is Infected And Can't Be Formatted

You said your anti-virus can't delete the virus. Does it detect a virus? If so, what is the name of the threat and the specific file associated with it?If your anti-virus is not detecting anything, then just because the disk is write protected does not mean its infected.How are your trying to format your usb stick. There are instructions here if your not sure your doing it properly.Formatting a Flash DriveFormat a USB Drive (scroll down)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118674/usb-is-infected-and-cant-be-formatted/
Relevancy 33.11%

How can I make an Adobe formatted form available to write on?

There are forms online that we download for our business (not copywrited) that have been Adobe formatted. Is there a way to save this form in another format that we would be able to insert information into the form and then print out?

I have tried "saving it as" something else and tried to type into it, but does not accept the text.

Your help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-formatted.266253/
Relevancy 33.11%

hi, i accidently delete my partition and install OS on it and now, i just saw all my files gone, and i need to get it back. Is there a way to get it back? thank you sooo much

A:recovering formatted HD

sorry, you don't accidentally delete a partition and install an os.
both are separate actions.

if the files weren't overwritten by the install of the os they may be recoverable but it's expensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovering-formatted-hd.389591/
Relevancy 33.11%

Probably an easy question but one I have never done before as I have always installed to an existing partition.

Been having problems with Win 7 64bit and with a few BSOD and with no driver support for my Canon scanner I have decided to go and install 32bit version.

I have purchased a new HDD which I want to partition into 2 to create an O/S partition and the other for data etc.

During a custom install will it give me the option to format and create a partition from my new HDD and seelctteh size that I want?

Easy question but worth asking before I kick this off tonight

Thanks

Kwack

A:Install on a new HDD - not formatted yet

For a new hard drive out of the box(often called "raw") you have the option of using the drive tools included on the Windows install disk or a 3rd party partitioning program to create the two partitions and format them for use. I see we both have the same case too!

The program often used here and about to be used once more is the free Linux tool GParted you download and burn to cd or write to a usb flash drive in order to boot from that first. Others often use the Diskpart tool while booted in one Windows install to partition another drive.

Once the new drive is in you can also boot up from the present 64bit 7 and use the Disk Management tool there for creating the new partitions and formatting them from there as well. You simply have to decide which one you will use for the basic task there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/46968-install-new-hdd-not-formatted-yet.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I am getting BSOD errors without warning in my PC. I am attaching my ZIP file herewith. Please help!!

Thanks and Regards,
Arun

A:BSOD in formatted PC

Your Operating System is counterfeit, you have an Acer OEM PID on a retail Gigabyte motherboard.

Host Name: ILFS02-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: ILFS02
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
Original Install Date: 6/10/2014, 3:20:02 PM
System Boot Time: 6/10/2014, 3:53:04 PM
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: G31M-S2L

Install a fresh copy of the media with a genuine product key and we will be happy to help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334292-bsod-formatted-pc.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi Guys I made a really stupid mistake yesterday I got a new Gb SATA HDD to replace my old IDE which I have had for a while Before installing Windows XP Pro on my new SATA HDD I backed up HDD Accidentally Formatted all my data onto my external Gb Accidentally Formatted HDD USB drive about Gb of data I have collected over about year including family photo's etc After a successful backup process I opened the computer Accidentally Formatted HDD and stuck in the new SATA HDD put Accidentally Formatted HDD my XP disc in the drive and booted up the XP installation Then came the screen asking me which drive do I want to install Windows XP onto so I picked my Gb drive then XP went onto format the drive before completing the installation At this point I was rather pleased with myself having had no problems and everything was running smoothly Then it hit my DAMN I HAD JUST FORMATTED MY EXTERNAL USB DRIVE WITH ALL MY DATA ON I had choosen the wrong drive for the XP installation Anyway to cut a very long story short I have now got XP installed on the correct drive but is there any way I can recover the data on my USD drive that the XP installation formatted for me If anyone out there can help my I would be so greatful because this data is invaluable to me Thank for any help in advance guys

A:Accidentally Formatted HDD

There is a program called Restoration and one called Recuva. Both are free and are designed to recover deleted files. There are other programs available that may do a better job, but they will definately not be free.

I recommend you remove the harddrive from your system until you are ready to recover the files lest you accidently write over some important data.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accidentally-formatted-hdd-213783.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello,

I had two OS on two partitions, one WIN98 (c:/ drive) and the other winXP pro (d:/).

I loaded win98 and then rebooted to dos, formatted c (need the disk space).

I reboot and it tries to load win98 and not winxp (which is located on d:/).

How do i change the boot process so it lods winxp pro from d ? BIOS?

i would appreciate the help,

w

A:2 OS on one machine, formatted one but..

well since you have formatted c: drive which would have had the boot.ini on it I think you are out of luck. Unless you can copy a boot.ini from another machine with win98 winxp setup as yours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-os-on-one-machine-formatted-one-but.351412/
Relevancy 33.11%

i'm having a problem with my usb (kingmax 4gb)
when i click it, it just say disk is not formatted.
then when i click yes to format, it says there is no disk in drive
and said the disk cannot be formatted.

anyone know why it's like that ? and how to solve it.

A:Disk is not formatted (USB)

Can you try to format it on some other computer?

If its a new disk, and it doesn't work on another computer, I'd suggest that you take it back to shop from where you bought it and asked them to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-is-not-formatted-usb.149978/
Relevancy 33.11%

Okay so i bought an external enclosure to re-use my old internal PS3 HDD (2.5" SATA 60GB seagate momentus). But i am plugging it into my PC to re-format it to FAT32, and i can't get my PC to recognise it, at all. Tied going into Disk Manager, but that didn't solve the problem. I went round to my neighbour's house as he is good with computers. No luck there either.

I know it is working though, as i can feel it spinning and hear it clicking. So, can anyone point me in the right direction to solve the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 33.11%

id just create a new disc at one computer, take it to another, and computer says its not formatted. after a couple tries, and taking it out and back in, it finally goes ...

what gives?

A:disc not formatted?

Dirty unit (most probable) use a cleaning disk... less than $2... another possibility is a abou-to-die drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disc-not-formatted.92408/
Relevancy 33.11%

I've become aware that flashing a BIOS with a Windows formatted floppy will not work sometimes, but it 'will' work if the floppy is IBM formatted.

My question is, can you format a floppy to the IBM format using Windows?

Relevancy 33.11%

I got my new PC weeks ago formatted installed win Ultimate and it was running like a breeze Today I notice a little quot lag quot when viewing some YouTube videos At some point opening a youtube window cause my firefox to hang up and freeze for - seconds It would not let me do anything but wait So I scanned my computer I was using Avira with PC just formatted Slowdown new, on the latest updates Windows is up to date too Nothing was detected A friend recommended running windows security essentials which asked me to uninstall Avira to install it and so I did I ran MSE it found infected file and fixed it But then I ran HiJackThis and I found out I have a pretty big amount of svchost exe running Is this normal I come from using an old PC with Win XP and when I ran HiJackThis I never got logs this big in number of processes So I m curious if this has to do with the slow-downs or what else I could check Thanks guys edit here are my Slowdown on new, just formatted PC PC specs in case Slowdown on new, just formatted PC they are needed The PC was running perfect before today Phenom II X BE Gigabyte T-USB x Gb Gskill Ripjaws cl WD Black Gb WD Green Gb Sapphire Vapor-X OC CoolerMaster EPP W Lancool PC K nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I recently lost everything in a PC crash and wanted to use a CD I have with files I have saved in the past.

When I try to access it I get:"Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format not compatible with Windows."

RAW

Not sure what to do? In drive E I get this message. In drive D I don't, but doesn't do anything.

Thanks

A:Disk Not Formatted?

What application did you use to crate the CD???

Try to read the disk with the same application.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-not-formatted.361029/
Relevancy 33.11%

The P was formatted the Bios Thanks.Here'sMyUpdate(formatted-P90) incorrect but Thanks.Here'sMyUpdate(formatted-P90) with help from certain techies here s my current status The BIOS is now setup properly so now the HDD is the primary master and the CDROM is Thanks.Here'sMyUpdate(formatted-P90) the primary slave HDD SCSI ID amp Thanks.Here'sMyUpdate(formatted-P90) CDROM SCSI ID The BIOS setup could not auto-detect the HDD or CDROM I m pretty sure the CDROM bios setting are okay but the HDD s I had to guess the sectors and and heads I m sure of the capacity but does this look right to you Capacity MB Heads WP I wasn t sure what that was so I just left it zero sync offset Well anyways after that I got HDD info during bootup of DOS on the A drive I downloaded a dos boot disk that luckily came with a hardware detection Util that operates in DOS That util told me my CDROM drive is Banana V but that I didn t have the correct driver on drive A so I should be okay finding that driver but the util never got past that driver error message to tell me about my HDD Although I do have info showing up now at startup Here s that info and maybe you could let me know what you think so I don t have to do a cold search for the driver on a search engine VendorID HP Prod ID C - Prod revision level BE SCSI ver SCSI II SCSI bus bits Disk capacity MB Bytes sector What do you think I was thinking once I get the driver for the CDROM I run MSCDEX I know the command and switches now and then I get the HDD driver I should be okay with installing Win I know how to initialize a CDROM driver with the mscdex command but how do you load the driver for a HDD And do you know what my HDD driver might be Johnny Bowcat email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thanks-heresmyupdate-formatted-p90.91758/
Relevancy 33.11%

I recently lost everything in a PC crash and wanted to use a CD I have with files I have saved in the past.

When I try to access it I get:"Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format not compatible with Windows."

RAW

Not sure what to do? In drive E I get this message. In drive D I don't, but doesn't do anything.

I originally formatted it using HP maybe I am missing some software and it can only read in that drive?

Thanks

A:Disk Not Formatted?

You will most likely need to use the program that you originally used to access the disk. If you use something like direct cd or INCD, you will have to load the app on your system.

Do you know what app you used to make the disk?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-not-formatted.361030/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi guys,

To make a long story short, I accidentally formatted a 2TB harddrive of mine with a terabyte worth of a data on it. Is there anyway to recover the data on it? Some how "rebuild" the file system on it? It'd be a huge life saver.

Thanks!
-Barry

A:Accidently formatted HDD

try using program recuva by piriform same people who made cc cleaner it works well at recovering but usually in a very disorganized way that u have to spend some time organizing your files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidently-formatted-hdd.1017308/
Relevancy 33.11%

respected sir,
my 2gb pen drive is not working because i format it as NTFS but it is fat type and window is not formatted it again .plz help me to use it again

A:pen drive not formatted

Double click on my computer. Then find your device. Right click and select format. Click on the drop down box where it says "File System" and select FAT32. Make sure quick format is ticked, hit START.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241021-pen-drive-not-formatted.html
Relevancy 33.11%

arial6black
My wife took quite a few photos with a card that was not formatted. Is there any way that these images can be recovered?

Relevancy 33.11%

So, we had a virus on our computer that would not allow us to run a virus scan or to clean anything up. Every time we tried to run a scan, it would shut off mid-scan and we wouldn't be able to run it again...

We decided to just format the system and now the computer seems to be running even worse than before... We are able to run scans (which now come up clean) but everything is just running really slowly and freezing up. On the internet, scrolling down pages is extremely choppy and freezes a lot... I have no idea what is going on...

Also, I don't know how to make my speakers work again... (probably unrelated... I'm just clueless...)

Anyone that could shed some light on this or try to help me?? I'm a university student and I'm desperate. I NEED my computer.

A:Just formatted my computer and...

Hi jmgreen. Welcome to BleepingComputer
You say you formatted and re-installed Windows? Did you install all the needed drivers? The sound not working and choppy graphics may be related to drivers not installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261043/just-formatted-my-computer-and/