Windows Support Forum

Should I upgrade My Win 7 build to a newer build???

Q: Should I upgrade My Win 7 build to a newer build???

Hello,

Ive recently built a new comp and put win 7 on it. Now, I was wondering about the new/differant builds. Looks like I have build 7100. And thus far really like, alot!

Should I download a new build?

What are the differences? Will I notice?

Where Do I get new builds?

Thanks alot!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Should I upgrade My Win 7 build to a newer build???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Should I upgrade My Win 7 build to a newer build???

The new build (7127 is the only new 1 so far) is available on most torrent sites. If you are having no issues with the RC build 7100 then you may not notice any difference, although, 7127 does seem a bit faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11123-should-i-upgrade-my-win-7-build-newer-build.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Can i upgrade from the 7000 build to a new buld without losing any installed program/drivers or anything like that? Currently, i can't get my computer to boot properly and i want to change to a later build of windows 7 anyway, so i can do it just by upgrading?

A:Can i upgrade from an older Win 7 build to a newer?

Quote: Originally Posted by xrey

Can i upgrade from the 7000 build to a new buld without losing any installed program/drivers or anything like that? Currently, i can't get my computer to boot properly and i want to change to a later build of windows 7 anyway, so i can do it just by upgrading?

yway

xrey

You cant get your computer to boot properly because build 7000 is beta and has timed out. It started doing that abt 5 days ago, right? Anyway, You can upgrade but you are going to import all of the problems from the old sydtem to the new one. Microsoft, and most of the ppl here strongly suggest doing a clean install. Yes its a pain, but it will save you having to re-install every time your old system problems crop up

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19846-can-i-upgrade-older-win-7-build-newer.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi All,
I am currently running OS 7 Beta RC Build 7100. Were do I get this newer version, is there a big difference? And am I able to upgrade to the newer Beta?

I realize that October is fast approaching for the RTM but I plan to keep running the Beta for a couple of months past the Grand Opening.

Is it possible that all the updates that I have received equally add up to the newer build?

A:Upgrade from Build 7100 to Build 7264?

I'm still wondering where people got build 7600. :/
I'm running the same build as you, but this beta is gonna expire soon, so we got no choice but to get the RTM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19147-upgrade-build-7100-build-7264-a.html
Relevancy 86.86%

It acepted upgrade from last version we had and the oem patch (Windows6.1-KB972636-x86 ) reported as already instaled.

Rgds

Mine continue to report as 7600.16385 (slmgr.vbs -dlv)

Old version= 7600.16385.090713-1255_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULFRER_EN_DVD
Newew Version= en_windows_7_ultimate_x86_dvd_x15-65921

both iso have same hash
Running "System Information", it reported this :

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16399"

Anyone know anything about this ?
Sorry "The Blessed One" english is not my native language,i dont understood/and what you mean

A GDR update that upgrades Windows 7 OS Kernel, HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer), BootEnvironment Core BootManagerPCAT components to 6.1.7600.16399 or 6.1.7600.20495. This update package is responsible for changing the BuildLabEx string to 7600.16399.x86fre.win7_gdr.090722-1835 or 7600.16399.x64fre.win7_gdr.090722-1835 and changing win7_rtm in the BuildLab string to win7_gdr.
* KB972636 (Windows6.1-KB972636-x86.msu or Windows6.1-KB972636-x64.msu)

A:Build from Technet is newer !

after downloading 1 update(i dont remember the name) and the build number changed from 7600.16385 to 7600.16399. Nothing else is that i have noticed with the newest updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/20222-build-technet-newer.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi everyone. I'm a insider since all the way back to win 10 build 9xxx. I have 2 laptops installed with Win 10 10130. One is updated with 10586 and no problems. But on another laptop, since updated to 10547 every major release build for fast ring always failed to update. I'm stuck at 10547 forever! Tried google-fu but no result. I didnt want to reinstall again (i know that i take a risk of installing Insider builds but right now I cant reinstalled due to family reason)

Both of my laptops are old HP with Intel C2D and 3GBs of RAM. From Vista's era....

A:Error when upgrading W10 build 10547 to newer builds!

Have you tried using the Media Creation Tool or Tech Bench ISO for 10586?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32415-error-when-upgrading-w10-build-10547-newer-builds.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My win pro build hasn't received the November update build while my other win home versions have I know I'm not the only one having this problem but here's my two cents On my xw I upgraded from win pro to win pro as soon as was available some months ago I still receive other windows updates I downloaded 1511 the 10240 November pro build build received 10 win update hasn't the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu Both sfc and dism have no issues I would burn it do a disk but I've read other users say its just reinstalled build instead I was using another random win pro computer at work today and noticed it hasn't received the November update yet either Anyone else with win pro that did get the update Maybe this issue has more to it like when I upgraded to pro I had an issue with onedrive I don't really use it so I only disabled it from win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 startup in the task manager but it as a service disappeared except for registry entries and program files and win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 I haven't found a way to reinstall it yet I know I could do a clean install of windows but that's not my style I move from pc to pc over the years using disk images win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 This onedrive issue is the only problem I've come across that I haven't figured out without a clean install I mean I wiped onedrive from my system completely registry keys and all but attempts to reinstall fall short error corrupted file During the attempted installation it places all its registry items and files including the file it says is corrupt Copy those files that are working on another computer no dice sfc and dism no issues I'm getting off track I was hoping the November update would fix it but now that's an issue too Maybe Microsoft delayed the November update on win pro Thanks in advance

A:win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

RE : I downloaded the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu.

Did you burn the iso to a bootable media, then insert the media to the computer ?
If that was what you did, then you would NOT see the Mount option.
Instead, you would see the Setup option. Use that to start the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36509-win-10-pro-build-10240-hasnt-received-november-update-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 to Build 7601?

An Icon Pack was saying install on to 7600 only and after I checked my regedit, I learned that I have 7601 (Probably SP1, I don't know).

Would I have any problems if I install the icon pack?

Thanks.

A:Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 on to Build 7601?

You can normally install icons anywhere you like, on any machine or system which uses them, they are merely small graphics of various types. Unless the "Icon-pack" is using software to install something else, ( in which case be careful what it does), you can install it anywhere.

Some "Icon-packs" make extensive changes to system files, are dependent on the system to which they are installed, and best avoided.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155091-can-i-install-icon-packs-designed-build-7600-build-7601-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future

A:why my windows mobile 10 build has transformed to an insider preview build

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future Go to settings - Info and check build version.
Annyversary Update is nothing else than Redstone that became official and replacing old Threshold, read the news ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436478-why-my-windows-mobile-10-build-has-transformed-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 72.67%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Satellite-P50-A09M-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 72.67%

Everytime I try and updated or patch a problem on my computer I get this message (Version of Source build is not target build) and I'm unable to download repairs. What can I do I have tried a few things but same message.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90827-Updates-issue-version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

So recently after the November build release I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update After which it seemed my home network was thrown out of newest build. to previous back rolling after find build Cant wack I immediately rolled reverted recovered to previous build But now everything is out of wack Most of the time I have to restart my computer just so it'll communicate with my printer to start printing And restarting the computer is twice as long if it restarts at all Most of the time It gets stuck in the quot restart quot progress animates the rotating circles and I have to press the restart button on the computer tower with great regret and dread Transferring files from one windows device to another is a hit or miss I'm pissed I'm not literate when it comes to networking and was super happy how everything was But now not only is my wifi home network out of wack but my computer itself is wonky I figure I might as well reinstall the newest build in hopes that it'll at least fix a fe of the problems But anytime I check for updates the newest build no longer shows up Can someone please help

A:Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Mount the ISO file, run setup.exe from the fake DVD drive created by mounting the ISO file.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39036-cant-find-newest-build-after-rolling-back-previous-build.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 72.24%

I've been stuck on build 11102.rs1_release.160113-1800.
Going to Settings. Update & Security, Check for updates says "your device is up to date".
Checked for updates at least 10 times and always get the same response "Your device is up to date".

I don't want to download an ISO and clean install - I'd like to get the insider updates through
the standard update process.

Any suggestion or solutions?

Thanks

A:build 11102 will not download latest build 14271

Try this - worked for me in a similar situation.

I deleted all folders in the software distribution folder, selected to leave Insider Program from updates menu, rebooted, rejoined Program and then it found the updates. Try just deleting folders first and checking for updates. That works for some but did not for me (it was the leaving and rejoining that seemed to do the trick).

If you try rejoining and leaving, make an image backup of 11102 first, just in case leaving and rejoining should cause it not to activate (especially if you never started from a valid 7/8 licence). Good idea to make the backup anyway in case the upgrade fails (you would then have to go back to 10586 and start afresh)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/41994-build-11102-will-not-download-latest-build-14271-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My current system specs are below is getting a bit dated and frankly I m just itching to build a new computer Since the days of pentium hyperthreading socket and AGP video cards are long gone I m looking for some advice and or guides on where to look for ideas I like to play games although I wouldn t consider myself a gaming geek in that I need the latest card and processor But I do like quality I guess what I m looking for is a decent mid range system that ll make look FSX and Vista look good without breaking my bank I new Want any you'd guides recommend? good system, to build 'build' a m partial to Intel ASUS and ATI but I d really be willing to try anything as I know the market changes like the winds I m not real keen on the latest in technology for instance all I know a RAID to be is something we d Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? do in the middle of the night to the sorority houses looking for panties Any Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? ideas or general directions you can point me in would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-new-system-any-good-build-guides-youd-recommend.70046/
Relevancy 72.24%

I am trying to install Windows Build from Windows Build I Install Windows 10586 10 Build Build 10240 From have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows I have it downloaded but it will not install The computer check Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 said my computer is good to go Asus AllInOne Model ET I've tried several times and each time it reaches the computer restarts and then it goes into quot reinstalling your previous version quot and I'm back to Build I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution One website said to delete quot Windows old folder as that may be a problem using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 computer under quot Clean Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 up system files Previous Windows installations There is a quot Windows old quot folder on my C drive but it is full of empty folders I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it There is also a new folder called Windows Upgrade with files in it Hope someone can help thank you

A:Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).
uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433934-install-windows-10-build-10586-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications?

A:Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)

Yes. Mount the ISO file as virtual DVD by double clicking it and launch the Setup.exe to start upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65102-install-rtm-build-14393-over-preview-build-14931-a.html
Relevancy 71.81%
A:if i upgrade lumia 640 xl via upgrade advisor app which build are download?

Hi, 10586.494 will be downloaded (although it will probably come in 2 parts, .007 first and then .494)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434030-if-i-upgrade-lumia-640-xl-via-upgrade-advisor-app-build-download.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I installed Win RC Build Can Upgrade... I to Ahead Looking and Apps? RC Upgrade Build Preserve over Win on my quot experimental quot spare laptop I have seen web posts that you cannot directly upgrade Win RC to Win RTM without going through some special steps and modifying one of the install files My question is is Looking Ahead to Upgrade... Can I Upgrade RC Build and Preserve Apps? if I purchase WIN Pro on Oct will I be able to easily upgrade to it from my RC Build preserving Looking Ahead to Upgrade... Can I Upgrade RC Build and Preserve Apps? setting and apps or will I have to basically do a clean install or some some quot special steps quot as in the RTM case to accomplish an upgrade of RC And by apps I am referring to my installed programs like Office Photoshop Quicken and tons of other programs I have installed Just looking ahead to how much work I might be facing later this month If I cannot do an easy upgrade install of Win Pro over my RC Build maybe I will just bag it and forego Win and go back and do a clean install of my Win media Hopefully I have better choices

A:Looking Ahead to Upgrade... Can I Upgrade RC Build and Preserve Apps?

I think so, just click Upgrade on the installation process and everything will be intact. Anyway, if you upgrade to Windows 8 RTM and all apps from RC are gone (like what you get from a clean install), you can just sign in on your Windows Live account and re-download all your apps from "my apps" page in the Microsoft Store, though the settings that you had for RC won't get imported.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10044-looking-ahead-upgrade-can-i-upgrade-rc-build-preserve-apps.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about to reload the earlier day's image from my Windows Home Server. But it seemed even easier to revert to the previous build, not yet removed from the Windows.old folder. This I did, and everything soon was running fine as expected.

The issue is that the Updates check is not offering Build 11102 again. This isn't a showstopper; I'm sure there will be another newer build soon. But it would be nice to be back up on this latest build, just as all my other Win10 machines are running.

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

A:How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

Hi,
If you have set it on Fast ring, it will be updated after 24 hrs, so need to be patient.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38539-how-get-latest-build-after-reverting-earlier-build.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Microsoft released Windows for PCs build today the first Insider Preview build since the Anniversary Update was launched last Tuesday The company noted that it might take a few hours for the build to show for everyone As promised earlier this week there s not a the Here's for new Redstone first in PCs 14901, Windows 10 build build 2 what's lot that s new There are just two known issues Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build and one new feature Here s what s new Improving Product Education As part of an effort to explore new ways of educating our customers on features in Windows we are testing out new notifications within File Explorer They re designed to help customers by providing quick easy information about things they can do or new features they can try to have a better experience with Windows If you want to opt out of these notifications you can do so by unchecking Show sync provider notifications from the Options menu in the File Explorer View tab Dona Sarkar head of the Windows Insider Program took the time to mention Windows Mobile which was the one version of Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Windows that didn t get an Anniversary Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Update last week She said that the team is quot laser-focused quot on getting the AU to Mobile and she thinks that they re almost ready According to Dona you can help by installing build on your phone and submitting feedback nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/heres-whats-new-in-windows-10-for-pcs-build-14901-the-first-redstone-2-build.62327/
Relevancy 70.52%

I built the PC and have all the hardware installed. The disc that came with the mother board is in the reader drive. No signal is detected by the monitor. I am unsure if it has a BIOS.
here is a link to my parts list

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/alanhenry/saved/PNFtt6

i have reseated everything twice with no results.

A:new PC build. first time build. no signal to monitor

have u plugged in the TWO power plugs on the motherboard
have u plugged the power for the video card
have u checked the case to mobo power wire is in the right spot
the video card u have requires a minimum of 500w power supply.......... u have purchased a corsair cx 500 which is not up to the job, while being a fine psu for onboard video........it is underpowered for your system

the motherboard u chose is a tad low end see reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-first-time-build-no-signal-to-monitor.1148801/
Relevancy 70.52%

utorrent isn't working too well whereas it usually does and I want to know what is the best utorrent for vista ultimate x64 build 6001 and also what are the best tweaks and settings for the version I should use please tell me the best/most ideall version and aqlso link me to a tweak/settings guide thanks. NOTE: I DO NOT USE UTORRENT TO DOWNLOAD ILLEGAL MATERIAL

A:Best Utorrent Build For Vista Ult. X64 Build 6001

hi ,,, i also use utorrent,,, as regards tweeks, there is not much you can do,,, its more to do with your hardware if you want faster and more stable downloads and what profile your broadband is,,, im on an 6meg profile and achive about 5 meg as im about 2km fromthe exchange,,, i use a site called kitz.com in the uk and they sugest useing a router and resetting the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unitif files collide then it has to be sent again,,, if the mtu is set to high it could be to fast and collisions happen and it has to be sent to you again slowing the download,,, default for ethernet setup on a windows os is 1500,,, to high,,, i reset mine to 1423 and torrents take less time now because files dont have to be re sent.http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/index.htmlook in ADSL tab at the top of the page and then "tweeking mtu" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149849/best-utorrent-build-for-vista-ult-x64-build-6001/
Relevancy 70.52%

Build 237 (2015-02-10) BETA

IMPROVED: Malware removal on Windows 8.

Build 236 (2015-02-10)

FIXED: Handling of Proxy Auto-Config (PAC) files.
ADDED: Command line switch /proxy=<noproxy|auto|wpad|http:|serverort>
Example: /proxy=http://server/pac.js
IMPROVED: Remnant scanner.
Download Links
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro.exe
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro_x64.exe

A:Hitman Pro 3.7.9 Build 236 Final/ Build 237 BETA

Beta Download:
http://www.hitmanpro.com/beta

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitman-pro-3-7-9-build-236-final-build-237-beta.42101/
Relevancy 70.52%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file

Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.

A:Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46396-windows-10-build-insider-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Windows 7 has reached RTM builds
and there will be several candidate builds in RTM.

first candidate build of RTM is build 7260.

6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build

compiled on 12 june.

You may ask why the first assembly win7_rtm has already been collected on 12 June not 15 June. There are several working groups involved in the process of assembling win 7 RTM build and will be assessing the quality of assemblies. Once the assembly is collected and its quality is confirmed, only then they put to the vote.

you may take time to understand all of these steps and procedures, so only the assembly from June 12 and June 15, attained the status of the real candidates for the final RTM release.

Edit :Link Removed.
but im not sure in news thread we quote links but not allowed in discussion threads
any reason for that!!!

A:Windows 7 Build 7260 (first candidate build of RTM)

Airbot pls do your job

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13378-windows-7-build-7260-first-candidate-build-rtm.html
Relevancy 70.09%

when i expressed interest in building my own pc a laptop was bought for my birthday last year it s pretty good for what i need it which is just a bit of music and games WoW to be exact soon something else hopefully now though i want something a little better i know laptops aren t usually the thing to game with however mine isn t bad for it so should i upgrade a few things with this or go build Upgrade or new? ahead and build a desktop to game on and have this for whatever things im considering doing to this- add more RAM bigger hard drive and possible upgrade to a dual core processor i dunno what im doing really when it comes to building but have plenty of people around me to Upgrade or build new? guide me as far as price-- well if a desktop would be THAT much better but costs quite a bit more that s fine im finding out processors for my laptop compared to ones for a desktop are pretty pricey nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys I m wondering if I should upgrade my current rig soon ish or Upgrade new vs build wait awhile and get a bulldozer rig around the new year Upgrade vs new build upgrading would also be alot cheaper I m running a rather old rig It has Upgrade vs new build been upgraded twice already X gt X gt X BE I will be overclocking the upgrade also The rig won t be using a raid setup The rig is used for daily use multi media gaming and DSMAX Terragen Current rig X BE ghz cooled by a zalman CNPS Asus Crosshair formula II mobo gb DDR ram GTS gb gfx card Upgrade X T ghz hexacore Same mobo gb extra ram for a total of gb HD Due to an ok deal and also might keep it for the nextgen rig after Bulldozer rig Octacore bulldozer Hi end mobo gb or gb of DDR HD or mid range nextgen Probably an SSD StorageHDD combo The upgrade should give me the boost I m looking for but not sure how long it will last I m not sure what the rendering boost will be like for DSMAX and Terragen I know the bulldozer would be a huge upgrade well lets hope anyway but I m not sure the X will give render times much of a boost Would the upgrade be worth it It would need to keep up until the bulldozer platform has matured abit say a year or one and a half Any input is welcome nbsp

A:Upgrade vs new build

I'd definitely wait for a BD build later in the year, as it will smash even the upgrade to pieces.

If you're overclocking it is in my opinion very hard to even recommend a X6 1100T when you can get more than adequate performance from a cheaper 1075T/1090T CPU.

If it was me I would be waiting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-vs-new-build.164899/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey all, first post!

Im in need of some advice, I currently have a HP Compaq dc7600 Convertible Minitower which the stats are:

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 3.0 GHz, Standard L2 2MB, 800 MHz front side bus
2gb Ram
80gb HDD
Geforce 9500GT GFX card

I have upgraded the Ram and put in a new GFX card. The CPU is pretty rubbish for gaming at the moment.

I'm not sure if to just replace the CPU, Bigger Hard drive, new Heatsink/fans and maybe move to a new case OR to completely abandon the whole thing and build from scratch?

I'm on a pretty limited budget if i were to build from scratch.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

A:Upgrade or Build?

Two important questions that we need you to answer:

1. What do you want this PC to do?

2. What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-or-build.137118/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey all.

Wanted to run my system specs by you to see if you would suggest an upgrade or a new built system, either way i need a new case

500gb SATA HDD
nVidia GeForce 9800 GT
AMD Phenom 2 x4 955 3.20GHz
4GB DD-R 3 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate
No sound card.

My mother board i dont know much about, CPU-Z says its ASUSTeK Computer INC. Model - M4A79XTD EVO

If you need any more information to help me out please feel free to ask and i will try find it.

I want to use it because after working out of the country for a year and coming back i want to get back into gaming, playing everything on max graphics, maybe HD.

Regards
Icyrock

Relevancy 70.09%

I m confused because I want to replace parts on my pc at build? or I Should upgrade, buy, the same time I don t know which ones would be more suitable or would it be more affordable to replace the pc entirely My pc is an emachines W with Should I upgrade, buy, or build? windows xp service pack installed For more detail on my pc and Should I upgrade, buy, or build? the parts inside click on the link below bit ly NiCljC Originally I was only going to purchase an oem copy of windows and buy some ram but my situation got even more complicated because now all of my usb ports plus Ethernet port doesn t work Below I got pictures of the areas that have the issues I even tried doing this and even restarting it in safe mode it USB ports didn t work either So Should I upgrade, buy, or build? what should I do Sell the one I have and buy this instead http ebay to juSESE or should I build my own I m still looking for an affordable gaming build around to bucks nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Should I buy a computer from bestbuy and just upgrade it with other stuff? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat60700050018&id=1152227796440

Or build one? There arnt that much computer stores down here so I would have to buy online from NewEgg and stuff like that

A:Should I buy, upgrade or build?

If you feel comfortable, then build yourself. Most of here that build get our parts from online stores. If you buy from Best Buy you will wind up replacing most of the parts anyway, so why not get what you want right from the start with a much better cost/quality ratio?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-buy-upgrade-or-build.60164/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am a complete noob when it comes plz Need Upgrade/Rebuild/Build PC? help to pc parts What Upgrade/Rebuild/Build PC? Need help plz goes with what and compatibility completely goes over my head no matter how hard I try to understand Hand holding is needed Sorry this is long ----------------------------------------------- Little Upgrade/Rebuild/Build PC? Need help plz history I have a - year old Alienware Aurora that's had many issues over the years bsod and overheating every - mins idle constantly was a major one Replaced ram hd and liquid cooler thing people suggested I do so Overheating pretty much stopped and bsod went down to a couple a day Huge difference pc usable again but still not great Recently had a few random overheat issues again with some games far cry dragon age pvz gw to name a few even WoW which is unheard of for this pc Formatted reinstalled windows and everything is back to running smooth bsod have completely stopped Overheating doesn't magically disappear so I'm sure that's still a thing Haven't reinstalled everything to push and see Yes I regularly clean out dust and heat sink paste stuff has been redone a couple times Anyway ------------------------------------------------- Now that it is back to running smooth for the most part Do you guys think I'm better off saying screw it given it's history and build my own or should I just upgrade parts A friend suggested that I upgrade the mobo cpu gpu and possibly the psu Either way I want a new case This one is jacked up and I think it's not helping the heat issue air flow is pretty meh with it I don't want to worry whether it'll run any current future games or not Setting I would like to run things on ultra but I'm content and used to running quot good quot FPS need to stick around I want to avoid big dips below that as much as possible if possible raids heavy particle loads aoe etc Upgrade rebuild or complete build I will need someone to give me a parts list so I know what to buy like I said total noob with this stuff I don't want some crazy super computer but I do want it to last and run good Any help is greatly appreciated thanks Budget - k would like to stick closer to k if possible Purpose of build Gaming Intended games or applications WoW Far Crys and other games current future Any preferences Lots of USB ports Would like to move away from AMD but will go with whatever you guys think is best Current build CPU Intel Core i CPU GHz CPUs GHz CPU Cooler Corsair Hydro H i GPU Dual AMD Radeon HD Crossfire one card atm other broke MOBO MS- VER RAM gb triple channel mhz ddr HDD gb SATA II gb s rpm mb cache hdd x western digita amp samsung ODD plds dvd -rw dh- aas OS Windows Home -bit PSU Don't know make but it's w

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/128983-upgrade-rebuild-build-pc-need-help-plz.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I had my windows 10 set on release preview (for the insider builds) now Ive changed it to the slow ring to get my computer to automatically upgrade to the new build - I have 10586 now. However I changed to the slow ring about 3 days ago and still windows update says my pc is up to date. Do I wait or how do I preform the upgrade install myself? I'm ready for a new build.

A:Upgrade to build 14295

Recently, Microsoft has released Insider Preview build 14295 ISO.
You can use this link and download the corresponding ISO file:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46347-upgrade-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I use my computer for school and random things just like most people but I like to play cutting edge games I m big into World of Warcraft and I play Starcraft etc etc I am planning on do you upgrade? system Build think. or new What investing some cash into my computer life and I was wondering the opinion of you tech savvies out there Upgrade or Build new system or upgrade? What do you think. from scratch I personally think my CPU is fine my base machine is plenty and I was thinking about adding a nice high end GPU and upgrading to gigs of RAM and possibly a Build new system or upgrade? What do you think. SSD I m very computer literate but I m lazy in the fact that I don t keep up with the newest gaming technology Any help would be greatly appreciated Specs Computer HP Pavilion Media Center n TV PC OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core Build new system or upgrade? What do you think. TM Quad CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Basswood G MS C S Antivirus None pwnshop nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

First here s the problem I have a Gateway E ATXSTF that was given to me Memory MB Intel Pent MHz MHz external bus BIOS is Default System or Intel Corp Video ATI Rage Fury Pro Xpert Soundcard is completely smashed but I think it was a Legacy had Windows NT then I upgraded to XP which took up all of the memory yeah I know I should ve checked build.... it Upgrade say and forget or the spec requirements first but oh well So I ve been struggling with either upgrading this system or just building one From what I ve seen online at different sites this particular module is not good for upgrading especially by it being manufactured by Gateway I know that I need atleast GB or more of memory and I want - GB of Hard drive space I m a graphic designer and dib and dap with music production The main programs I will be using is Adobe CS Fruity Loops FL Upgrade or say forget it and build.... Studio Reason Acid Pro and Cool Edit Pro Also I Upgrade or say forget it and build.... will need the ability to record from my DJ equipment and Keyboard midi All of the computers on the market now lack atleast one thing that I need I m not feeling having to work with Vista and would like to keep my XP SP The processors that I m looking into getting are Intel Pentium Dual Core E GHz MHz MB S CPU or Intel Core Duo E GHz MHz Upgrade or say forget it and build.... MB Socket CPU I know I will need a - Watt PSU for either one But I don t know what parts would be compatible I ve been looking on Geeks com for items as far as Motherboards Memory Video and Sound cards This will be my first build so any suggestions would be highly appreciated nbsp

A:Upgrade or say forget it and build....

The E6600 is an easy choice against the E2140. You wiil probably not need a 500-600 watt PSU unless you plan to have a huge video card that's capable of playing games on your machine or you need a graphics workstation video card.

Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128067

Memory http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148069

Hard Drives http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136131

Power Supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371006

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-or-say-forget-it-and-build.89098/
Relevancy 69.66%

Is it possible to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit, I reckon the answer is no, due to the architecture change ?

Also if I was to change from 32 bit to 64 bit, what - In laymans terms - would I notice different?

All my hardware is fine, and I have 4gb RAM.

1. Is it Possible
2. Whats the Main Difference I will see.

Cheers

A:Upgrade Build 7057 32 Bit to 64 Bit ?

Hello UKForce,

Sorry, but you can only do a clean install when going from 32-bit to 64-bit, or the other way around.

The main thing is to make sure that you have 64-bit drivers available for all of your devices, and that your 32-bit programs will support and run in 64-bit Vista. Most do, but some utility or system type programs may not.

This link below can help explain the main differences between a 32-bit and 64-bit OS though.

64-bit: More than just the RAM - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/5903-upgrade-build-7057-32-bit-64-bit.html
Relevancy 69.66%

In recent weeks, I had upgrade my Vista to Win 7 since build 7100, 7127 and finally Build 7201. That costed me a lot of time. If there's new leak of Win 7 Build, can I upgrade my present build to a new one so I can keep my applications installed and data. Thanks.
Hirun.

A:Can I upgrade my Win 7 to new incoming Win 7 Build

Yeah, you can. You said you've upgraded the other builds, so you could do it again come next leak.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/12293-can-i-upgrade-my-win-7-new-incoming-win-7-build.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello experts This is my current computer config - Thermaltake Soprano DX VE BNS Black mm SECC Chassis Aluminum Front Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Thermaltake toughpower W RU W RAM, or new and Upgrade a one? build chip - Intel Core Duo E GHz LGA W - ASUS P K Upgrade chip and RAM, or build a new one? DELUXE WIFI-AP LGA Intel P ATX - Western Digital Caviar SE WD Upgrade chip and RAM, or build a new one? KS GB RPM SATA Gb s - Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM SATA Gb s - Patriot Extreme Performance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Gig Ram total - XFX PVT JUDD GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x SLI Supported Video Card - LITE-ON X DVD Burner LightScribe SATA LH- A L- - Win XP SP I want to upgrade my software Adobe Lightroom to version but my computer would be too slow for the latest version Would upgrading the CPU to Quads and the RAM to MHz be the best bang for the buck or should I just build a new one with perhaps i Maybe if I get a new motherboard I can reuse some of the peripherals here like the case power supply DVD drives harddisks and the video card Too bad Newegg doesn t have XP pro anymore I like XP and some device that I use like my monitor calibrator is compatible with XP only I think If I build a new one I will have to buy a new OS I may have to check other sites if they still sell XP Pro Here is the spec of the MoBo Supported CPU CPU Socket Type LGA CPU Type Core Quad Core Extreme Core Duo FSB MHz Chipsets North Bridge Intel P South Bridge Intel ICH R Memory Number of Memory Slots pin Memory Standard DDR MHz The chipset officially supports the memory frequency up to DDR MHz Tuned by ASUS Super Memspeed Technology this motherboard natively supports up to DDR MHz Maximum Memory Supported GB Channel Supported Dual Channel ---- Will I get significant speed increase by changing the CPU and RAM on my current MoBo The FSB says MHz Does that mean I can use a MHz RAM Leo Dj nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Is it recomended to install new builds?

I use the 7100 RC one and i see theres enw builds out there. Does win update itself on builds? do i get the fixes the new build has? Still in sys info it sais i use 7100 so i guess its not selfupdated.

What do i do?

Relevancy 69.66%

I'm running Build 7000 at the moment, is there anyway it can update to 7022 or do I have to download the whole OS and do an upgrade?

A:Upgrade to Build 7022?

You need to download build 7022 if you want to upgrade to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4474-upgrade-build-7022-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CASE http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp cm re haf x- - - - - -Product MOBO http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E GPU http www newegg com Product Produ amp cm re gtx ti- - - - - -Product POWER SUPPLY http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I am going to be passing on most of the external hardware from my current setup The only thing I may be buying extra build Suggestions? upgrade. New is another hdd one of mine died and New build upgrade. Suggestions? maybe a new dvd rw drive even though my current one works fine I really want this case even if its a little expensive I am really hoping that with this case over heating won t be an issue New build upgrade. Suggestions? for the New build upgrade. Suggestions? video card Everything is compatible but I am open to suggestions My budget range is pretty much what i have here for these parts around - nbsp

A:New build upgrade. Suggestions?

My desktop is almost completely identical to your build and I can say that it works great with all my games/programs thus far.

The only differences are that I have the Cooler Master HAF 932 Case, Corsair Vengance RAM and an AMD Radeon HD 6870.

The only thing I'd suggest/question is a different CPU. I'm curious as to why you didn't pick a Sandy Bridge CPU, or at least why the i7 950.

Personally, if I could go back and rebuild my computer I'd have definitely changed the CPU to something else (didn't know too much back then + Sandy Bridge weren't out yet, and I wasn't willing to wait XD). Considering the i7 950 doesn't use the Turbo Boost as well as say the i7-875k, nor does it tend to be a favourite for gaming. Although that depends... what are you using the computer for?

Just a thought, hope any of my comments help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-upgrade-suggestions.166898/
Relevancy 69.66%

i have a hp 6000 pr small form factor with 4gb ram/petenium dual core 3.06ghz/ win. 7/ msi redon 6450 hd and stock 240w psu.... i want to upgrade the psu and graphics card. this is a speacial build under way added a 3 bay hot swap, car stereo and 300w second psu to power the stereo...still in bondo phase so changes can be made and more stuff welded.   ik this is a frankinstin mod alot more work is needed... but anyway can i connect a second psu to a graphics card with the 6 pin conector and im not asking if its safe if i fry my board ill get a new one there cheap on ebay lol....  ive seen hp 8000 eliete psu 320w that will fit the mobo conections but i want somthing more like 400w if i can upgrade the main one

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/psu-and-gpu-upgrade-custom-build/td-p/5622630
Relevancy 69.66%

how do i do so? will i have to completely reinstall it? or is there a simple way to do it?

A:upgrade windows 7 build

Hi Riley,

You can run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if you might have any issues before upgrading. And here is a tutorial on How to do an Upgrade Install with Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/12168-upgrade-windows-7-build.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am having free Windows 10 64 bit version 1511 Build 10586 which I got by upgrading my Windows 7 and is having no problem at present. Should I upgrade to new Build if any has come and if yes then why and how to upgrade?

A:No issue is Windows 10 but should I upgrade to new build

The build you are running right now is the latest one
every few week there is new update coming make sure you keep system up-to-date even if you don't notice any current issue in your system, security issues are regularly identified by Microsoft and other in various parts of the Windows,
It is critical to install security updates to protect your computer from malicious attacks.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/54084-no-issue-windows-10-but-should-i-upgrade-new-build.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I don't post often but I do read a RC Upgrade XP or WIN 7 build Downgrade 7100 lot and there is a lot of good info here Background Upgrade WIN XP or Downgrade 7 RC build 7100 I am running a dual boot Win XP bit and Win RC bit I have the Digital River WIN Pro Upgrade bit I have read the UNAWAVE downgrade scenario from Ultimate to Pro and the WIN XP to WIN PRO upgrade here I am debating which OS to change I really like the RC version and have been using it for quite a while But since it is my main OS I would hate to screw it up doing the downgrade as suggested by UNAWAVE If I upgrade the WIN XP OS I am not sure If I would still be able to dual boot between WIN RC and WIN Pro If I do upgrade XP to PRO would I be able to use WET to transfer my settings from RC to PRO I am leaning towards the downgrade option but wanted some more input from the quot experts quot Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Upgrade WIN XP or Downgrade 7 RC build 7100

Your RC version will start expiring in March 2010, so now would be a good time to make a decision what to do about your programs, files, & settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31004-upgrade-win-xp-downgrade-7-rc-build-7100-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys im build/ upgrading a computer for WoW on ultra settings. ive pretty much picked everything out and it should work together, but I just wanted to check with some other people.
heres the hardware I picked:

motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128519

processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286

graphics: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202023

memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233298

power supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153165

case choice 1: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156078

case choice 2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156239

then just throw the disk drive and hard drive I have now onto the new hardware.

the case choices are for what I am allowed to get....

A:Computer build/major upgrade

For a case ive decided on this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156252

how would everything fit in that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-build-major-upgrade.190733/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello Techspot I m looking to get some feedback concerning my gaming rig Ive recently built this machine maybe months ago I was thinking of adding some upgrades to enhance its gaming capabilities Right now im working with this Computer Specs Monitor Acer AT Black quot ms Gaming suggestions for looking build upgrade HDMI LCD Monitor Keyboard Logitech G Black USB Wired LED Backlighting Gaming Keyboard Mouse RAZER Naga Molten Wired Laser dpi Special Gaming build looking for upgrade suggestions Edition Gaming Mouse Optical Drive Lite-On X iHAS - DVD MOBO ASUS M A XTD EVO AM AMD X ATX Case Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX mid Tower PSU CORSAIR Builder Series CX V W ATX V RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz CPU Cooler Coolermaster V GPU SAPPHIRE - GSR Radeon HD GB -bit Hard Drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB I was thinking of adding another HD and grabbing a new PSU and case For the case i was thinking the Cooler Master HAF X and PSU CORSAIR Professional Series HX But then i look at my CPU and was thinking that could be holding me back aswell So now I m coming here for some more opinions All suggestions are appreciated and Thank You in advance nbsp

A:Gaming build looking for upgrade suggestions

I think you are on the right track for increasing gaming performance Blk, The 6950 scales beautifully. In most cases 80- 100%. The 600w PSU is going to be pushing it, a 750w is more in order and the HX series you listed is excellent. Your x 4 965 is not going to be a limiting factor at all. good luck with the upgrade

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-build-looking-for-upgrade-suggestions.172679/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all I have just completed an upgrade to W -X- ultimate from build I used the quot change sources gt csversion ini quot method to allow upgrade -- worked fine I'm using the version available to technet subscribers I NEED the laptop tomorrow and I didn't want to re-install all my software and drivers again Finding webcam card reader driver etc etc is just a Only Upgrade W7 7137 build RTM 2 glitches from -- bit too much of a hassle currently I know eventually I will do a clean install but for the moment this was just too much to do in the time frame available Anyway it all works except gt pieces of software VMWARE workstation networking -- just simply re-install vmware workstation again works fine True Image workstation NOTE NOT TRUE IMAGE HOME This program is quot W7 RTM Upgrade from build 7137 -- Only 2 glitches blocked due to incompatability quot Solution change the TRUEIMAGE EXE name to TI EXE and then it works fine If you do this don't W7 RTM Upgrade from build 7137 -- Only 2 glitches forget to change or modify any shortcut link you have on your desktop Otherwise everything looking good Note you can only upgrade from Ultimate to Ultimate etc and then only by editing the file as outlined above Check posts on quot Upgrate RTM from RC quot for more info Cheers jimbo

A:W7 RTM Upgrade from build 7137 -- Only 2 glitches

good to know it works

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/20132-w7-rtm-upgrade-build-7137-only-2-glitches.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey, just wondering how I should upgrade from Build 7100 to 7201?
And uhh what exactly is the difference?

Kind Regards

A:Upgrade from build 7100 to 7201?

Hi there

I extracted the ISO using Undisker copied the extracted files to the RC pc and ran an in place upgrade.

No issues experienced.

Looks like mostly bugfixes with possibly a couple of tweaks to improve speed and Mem usage but im sure someone will advise shortly.

paul

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/12323-upgrade-build-7100-7201-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

When upgrading from 7048 to 7077 the installer freezes on the last step (copying files and settings) at 35% every time I've tried it. It suggested removing ATI Catalyst Install Manager and Control Panel, which I did, but it still hangs (although this time at 47%). I have tried several different configurations (with/without CCC and Install Manager, do/don't go online for updates, etc). Every time I have to force restart the computer and it will begin to restore the previous version.

My system specs are as follows:
AMD Phenom X4 9850
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD4830
Kingston HyperX 2x2GB Dual channel RAM
MSI K9A2-VM Motherboard
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 640GB (installing onto the Seagate)
ASUS DVD drive

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

A:Build 7077 upgrade freeze

What speed did you burn the DVD at? Because the Install.wmi file is rather large, a fast burn speed may produce read errors that can only be notice upon usage. I suggest 2/4x speed to greatly reduce the risk of write errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/8360-build-7077-upgrade-freeze.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have some cash to build a gaming upgrade rig To new current or build new gaming rig My current rig is just about three years old right now I mainly play WoW but am on the lookout for potential new games when they come out i e Warhammer or whatever else may be a viable alternate to WoW I am trying to decide whether to spend on building a new gaming rig right now with a quad core trying to be To build new or upgrade current gaming rig future proof or just upgrade the video card and monitor in my current rig My current rig plays WoW fine but chugged significantly when I played LOTRO I had to turn the graphics down to medium to get somewhat smooth performance Please let me know your thoughts Here are my current gaming rig specs -Mobo ASUS P AD Deluxe -CPU Intel GHz To build new or upgrade current gaming rig FSB with HT -RAM GB of matched Corsair GB of DDR PC chips and GB of PC running in dual channel mode TWIN X - C -HD dual WD GB RPM Raptors in RAID config using SATA -Video eVGA GeForce GT PCI Express card with MB memory -Monitor quot ViewSonic VP b LCD with ms response time -Sound Creative Blaster X-Fi Fatal ty FPS Besides the video card I think the next weakest link is the CPU Is a P GHz still adequate for gaming or will it be too weak for upcoming games Thanks for all your feedback nbsp

A:To build new or upgrade current gaming rig

In general, if you're going to spend more than $300 in upgrades, it's better to get a newer system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-build-new-or-upgrade-current-gaming-rig.82131/
Relevancy 68.8%

I get an alert everytime I boot up my laptop saying my current build of windows is going to expire then when I open the updater tool it says I have the newest version. How can I update? Everytime I check for updates it doesn't update anything except Windows Defender. Also, in this build I'm in you can't change your build speed setting. I was on fast in previous builds. Thanks!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440904-why-cant-i-upgrade-past-build-14905-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to upgrade from windows 10 free upgrade to build 10586 (x64 pro) and it stalls at the same point whether the upgrade is from windows update or an ISO file on dvd. I select the first option to keep existing files and apps. But it stalls at 32% . Installing features and drivers at 23%. And I get the red box windows could not configure one or more system components etc. )xC1900101-0x30018, the installation failed in the first_boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation. Any suggestions or should I go for a complete reinstall and not keeping existing apps and data? Its an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. Works fine on the original Windows 10 pro to which the system has regressed back to fortunately.
M

A:Upgrade to build 10586 fails at 32%

Originally Posted by Mike8

I am trying to upgrade from windows 10 free upgrade to build 10586 (x64 pro) and it stalls at the same point whether the upgrade is from windows update or an ISO file on dvd. I select the first option to keep existing files and apps. But it stalls at 32% . Installing features and drivers at 23%. And I get the red box windows could not configure one or more system components etc. )xC1900101-0x30018, the installation failed in the first_boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation. Any suggestions or should I go for a complete reinstall and not keeping existing apps and data? Its an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. Works fine on the original Windows 10 pro to which the system has regressed back to fortunately.
M

It's not happy with something it's running into, obviously. Are you trying to go from 10240 to 10586? Don't know what you currently are on. You could spend hours/days fighting the "Upgrade" path, when a clean install will start you fresh. Probably spend less time reinstalling your apps and transferring your data back. Backup first to something external and disconnect it when doing the clean install.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/33450-upgrade-build-10586-fails-32-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Is this okay? Has anyone done this? I read some problems in general when upgrading one version of Windows 7 to another, but is this common?

Thanks.

A:OK to upgrade build 7000 to 7057?

Nothing to worry about at all.
I have upgraded v7000 to v7022, v7022 to v7048, v7048 to v7052.
And if you do encounter a problem during the upgrade, it has a rollback feature that will take you back to your previous version.

Decca

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/5252-ok-upgrade-build-7000-7057-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am currently running insider preview build 10162.

Do I need to upgrade to a full version of windows 10 and if so will I be notified by microsoft or should I look for an upgrade myself?

A:Windows 10 upgrade from build 10162

What was the original version of windows
You cannot upgrade XP, Vista for free

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-upgrade-from-build-10162.1153839/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am curently running Win7 Build 7127. Then I dowloaded Build 7600 (should be). Tried to install it, there was opytion to upgrade. But, when I click upgrade it said that no possibility for it. means that I shoul install cleanly.

Any help please!

A:No upgrade from Build 7127 to 7600?

Yep its strongly recommended to do a clean install for maximum performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19150-no-upgrade-build-7127-7600-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

when trying this upgrade I receive, "C++ runtime error; Program C:\windows... BT\Sources\SetupPlatform.exe".
I reply OK and it reverts back to Windows 10 before the upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65042-windows-10-upgrade-build-14393-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have Vista x right now and I keep wanting to install the build beta that I downloaded a while back I plan to buy the pack of W when it comes out but I am wondering if installing the beta build now will make upgrading harder down to Upgrade... 7100 Build Retail the road Doing a clean install is just way to hard considering all the terrabytes of programs and data that I would have to either re-install or manually try to Build 7100 to Retail Upgrade... put back into it's original places I know a lot of people preach that doing clean installs is so much better In Build 7100 to Retail Upgrade... my experience this has never really helped I have on numerous occasions done clean installs and they never did seem to work any better or any faster than the upgrades that I have had installed for years The only time I think you need to do a clean install is if you have stability issues with your hardware causing your OS to go flaky or if you neglect your OS and leave all kinds of crap floating around on it We have one machine running Build 7100 to Retail Upgrade... Windows since and it is used daily without any problems or corruption whatsoever

A:Build 7100 to Retail Upgrade...

I concur with your comments, I spent weeks and months updating drivers , operating programs and my system works like a clock. Why would I do a reformat/ Sure if you are carrying baggage around with a lot of junk you could reformat every week. Keep your system clean,up to date and you can go on until a hardware problem occurs. That could be a few years. I had an XP OS for 3 years and never gave it a thought to reformat my drive until I installed Win 7. Amen

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/20608-build-7100-retail-upgrade.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I installed the Tech Preview and registered as an Insider early on and largely rode the updates releases when published until build I sat on this build for a while disabled the Windows Update service and didn't do much with this preview install for a while Now I'm wanting to work with it more and would like to update upgrade to the latest build I enabled started the Windows Update service but it won't update If I go to Windows Update in Settings besides the title bar all I see is a blank page pane with activity dots indefinitely flying across the top Same deal if I open Settings and Can't / from 10240 update build upgrade search for 'Advanced' and click on Advanced Windows Update options Troubleshooting steps taken Reboot numerous timesLeave it sit for many hoursBoot into safe mode with networkingStop bits wuauserv and cryptsvc services rename C Windows SoftwareDistribution and C Windows System catroot and start the previously stopped servicesRan the Windows Update TroubleshooterRan sfc scannow no problems found Ran dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth no problems found Clean Can't update / upgrade from build 10240 BootedReset Windows The process appears to complete I see something like before the system reboots not sure if it actually gets to or if it fails before but after restarting I see a message like boot device inaccessible I've tried the reset process or so times it successfully reverts to the pre-reset environment after rebooting or times Earlier after update attempts I would open the WindowsUpdateClient Operational log and review logged errors but now when I try to access that log I see an error message quot MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it quot I can either report the error to Microsoft and shut down MMC or unload the snap-in and continue running MMC If I open Windows Store I see there are app updates detected but the download update attempts fail with quot Something went wrong The error code is x in case you need it quot Is there a way to download and clean-install the latest Insider build without wiping out my Windows Insider activation registration Any other ideas for getting Windows Updates working Thanks in advance

A:Can't update / upgrade from build 10240

The easiest way to get to the current build is to use the media creation tool use the upgrade this computer and keep all apps and files. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/33455-cant-update-upgrade-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Any one have the same problem i upgrade my pc build a new i7 shylake 6700k build my specs yea i7 6700k asus Maximus rog ranger motherboard 16gb ddr4 asus matrix 980ti Platinum 6gb video card 900watt 80+ psu i was runing win 8.1 pro retail ran fine i wanted to use dx12 on games so i upgrade to 10 pro now my pc crash idling or watching netflix crash to white screen so i test my gpu ram nothing worng crash when keyboard and mouse not touched unistall drivers install new drivers up date to latest bios same crash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-upgrade-crash-new-build.1168573/
Relevancy 67.94%

I plan on using this computer for games like FC Crysis Civ LoL look computer build, a good build? this First does like Arma Kerbal SP CoD SimCity torrenting and multitasking gaming music or gaming skype or all three I plan First computer build, does this look like a good build? on building it within the month I prefer performance over cost I have Windows Ultimate -bit I have a quot Samsung T B x Bose USB speakers and a mouse but I will need a keyboard I also have access to wired internet I m just wondering if anyone First computer build, does this look like a good build? has any suggestions on these parts seeing as I am new to computer building I did a good amount of research so far And also if these parts would fit and work well together Thank First computer build, does this look like a good build? you CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus P Z -V PRO GEN ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LP GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Wired Network Adapter Intel EXPI CTBLK Mbps PCI-Express x Network Adapter Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Antec Basiq Plus W PLUS Certified ATX V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Keyboard Lite-On SK- BS Wired Standard Keyboard Total from Newegg nbsp

A:First computer build, does this look like a good build?

The build looks good. I only have one question. Is the on-board LAN (network adapter) not suitable for your needs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build-does-this-look-like-a-good-build.191395/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi All
I'm Tired Of Still Formatting My PC When Evered Anew Build Is Released
Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Formatting ?

Thanks

A:Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Format

Quick Answer: Yes

You could upgrade from a build to another build but it is recommended to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15285-can-i-update-win-7-build-build-without-format.html
Relevancy 67.94%

All I would really appreciate your input on my final first Build: About my build, advice order ever C2D to please spec for my first build Intended Usage - Heavy multitasking C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please - Mail browsing downloading movies playng music with Mediaplayer decoding movies online poker - Games - Warcraft Flight sims RTS Other Info - I will be using my existing Dell inch LCD running x - I will experiment with moderate overclocking but this is my main system so I want a stable box that will run for - years - I don t want the extra complexity of RAID - I am not interested in SLI I will buy the top of the line DX graphics card next year the current choice is only a stop gap - Based on what I have heard above the minimal cpu impact I am going for on board sound rather than a separate card - In future I see myself upgrading to C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please quad core - I will run XP as my main OS with Vista on its own partition until I am happy to move to Vista late next year Will also have another OS partition on the main Harddrive C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please for messing around with Linux Questions - What are your general thoughts - How does my memory choice look - Does my PSU look ok for the future I would like a modular unit I won t go SLI but do see myself having Quad core and a beefy DX GPU as well as SATA devices - Is there an ATI alternative to my graphics card choice as I hear ATI is the way to go right now Also I want to avoid reinstalling my OS if I move to an ATI DX card I have hear that you should reinstall the OS if you are changing between ATI amp Nvidia drivers - What s the view on my case I want something with good cooling quiet space to move around in and good looking Suggestions Spec These parts are available in online amp local stores i live in Holland Processor - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - P W DH Deluxe Intel X I changed this from a Gigabyte DQ after hearing about a lot of memory problems Cooler - Zalman CNPS AT Memory - GB - OCZ DDR PC - Platinum Revision CL - - - OR GB Corsair XMS TWIN X DDR MB CL Video - XFX GeForce GT MB will upgrade to DX card s next year Hard Drive - Western Digital Raptor WD AD - Windows XP Vista Linux Games partitions Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda - another of these to be added later for backup Case - GigaByte D Aurora I have been bouncing between a Coolermaster Mystique a Coolermaster Praetorian and a Collermaster WaveMaster now I have this choice PSU - OCZ Modstream W or Antec NEO W Floppy cardreader - Mitsumi in FDD Cardreader Optical - NEC AD- A DVD burner nbsp

A:C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please

Good, except for the E6600. Get the E6400 and overclock it (should overclock well with that board and your ram, without blowing up your processor in 3 years). Will save you quite a bit of money that way.

Also just a personal recommendation. Get the Enermax Noisetaker II 485W PSU instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c2d-build-about-to-order-my-first-ever-build-advice-please.58811/
Relevancy 67.94%

What's new in HitmanPro 3.7.7 Build 205 Beta:
August 26th, 2013

· FIXED: Processing of ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad startup entries.
· FIXED: Processing of Task Scheduler jobs.

Download

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitmanpro-3-7-7-build-203-3-7-7-build-205-beta.17869/
Relevancy 67.94%

Folks,

I've decided to try a repair. It'll be an in-place repair, using this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

The first step is to ensure my current build/version matches up with the ISO/USB build/version I'll be using. There's even a link about how to check. I have "Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.494)".

So...it seems I have:

Version = 1511
Build = 10586.494

Good enough.

Using the embedded tutorial link to download an ISO, I went to the linked MS Tech Bench site, selected "Windows 10" (not the N or the KN versions), "English", and 64 bit... I started the download.

The download shows "Win10_1511_2_English_x64.iso" as the file. How do I check to see if this ISO matches my Build???

Thanks,

Ken

A:Repair via In-Place Upgrade: getting the right Version and Build ISO?

Originally Posted by iamc3k

The download shows "Win10_1511_2_English_x64.iso" as the file. How do I check to see if this ISO matches my Build???

Thanks,

Ken

Easiest way is to mount the ISO file and run setup.exe in the virtual DVD that appears. If it goes straight into the upgrade choices screen then you have the correct ISO. If it asks you for a product key at any time, then you probably don't have the correct ISO and cancel the install by closing that window.

The ISO files provided by Microsoft do not include the most current cumulative updates. The in-place repair install will roll you back to a previous 10586.xxx build. Windows Update will then pull the cumulative update to bring it back to 10586.494.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56796-repair-via-place-upgrade-getting-right-version-build-iso.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Since I installed Win Build a few months ago Windows Update has been trying on an almost daily basis to upgrade it to the current Build While all other updates seem to have installed normally this one has consistently failed Yesterday I tried a manual upgrade using a DVD of the downloaded Build I turned off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall Build 10586 continually fails Win 10 to upgrade and ran Setup from the DVD as Administrator But it failed during the initial Installing Windows phase at roughly the mark leaving what has to be the most useless message Microsoft has ever come up with quot Something happened--Windows installation has failed quot I looked at setuperr log but am not able to decipher what may have happened I've attached that log can anyone come up with a reason the installation failed and what I might be able to do about it I realize that I could probably do a clean install of Build but would prefer to do the Win 10 upgrade to Build 10586 continually fails upgrade if possible

A:Win 10 upgrade to Build 10586 continually fails

I reposted this as

Solved Need help with setuperr.log on failed upgrades to Build 10586 - Windows 10 Forums

and got a solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56417-win-10-upgrade-build-10586-continually-fails.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Chuwi Hi8 tablet. Yesterday I upgraded the preinstalled Windows 10 RTM to the latest build 10586.104 and got the well-known Wi-Fi Not Available problem. I tried the recipes from this article and what I found in other Internet resources, but nothing helped. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

P.S. When I open the Device Manager, I see no problems with the installed hardware. Windows reports that all drivers are installed and work correctly. The same concerns the Broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO Adapter.

P.P.S. The website of the device (http://en.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-Hi8-pro.html) does not help a lot. They do not provide a driver package I can use to reinstall the drivers. I even can't register on their forum to request the driver pack.

A:Wi-Fi not available problem on tablet after upgrade to W10 build 10586

I've solved this puzzle. When I was searching for a solution a couple of days ago, I saw that reinstalling the Wi-Fi adapter driver helped some people to solve this problem. I had a custom pack of the Chuwi tablet drivers (I had found them earlier on their support forum here: Driver download HI8 PRO - General - Chuwi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com). However, reinstalling the driver did not help me two days ago.

Today I analyzed the installation .inf file for the Wi-FI driver and saw that it should create special registry keys with driver settings, etc. I supposed that the required registry keys were not created when I reinstalled the driver the previous time and I decided to reinstall the driver again - but now checking the option "Delete the driver software for this device" in the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog.

And it helped!! The Wi-Fi driver started to work immediately after doing this.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41149-wi-fi-not-available-problem-tablet-after-upgrade-w10-build-10586-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi guys

Can someone confirm that it's a general problem or have I just got a bad D/L.

If I try and UPGRADE from W7 build 7048 X-64 to Build 7057 X-64 it starts OK but after a while (during the expanding files stage) I get error -- some necessary files for installation cannot be copied ......???

Clean install seem to wok.

HA1 and checksums of my iso seem correct.

Actually upgrading from a beta to another beta is not a goood idea anyway but I want to make sure that I haven't got a bad D/L before I try an upgrade from a Vista installation.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Build 7057 x-64 upgrade from 7048 x-64 fails ?

If 7057 is truely the RC, then it probably does not allow upgrades from a beta version.... but I dont know if that is the case yet as I haven't tried it yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/5238-build-7057-x-64-upgrade-7048-x-64-fails.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Apologize if this has already been answered but I didn't see it in the forums ...

I'm running 32-bit build 7231 and want to upgrade to 7260. Yeah, I know that a clean install is preferred, but I want to test out the upgrade instead.

When I go to install it from the existing build, it complains about the version. So, I went into the cversion.ini file and change MinClient to 7000, thinking that would fix it. But it still complains.

So, is there more to it than that? OR is it that this build simply can't be installed as an upgrade?

A:Installing build 7260 as an upgrade to 7231

See if this will do it, put 7260 in your dvd drive within your 7231 win7 and right click to bring up properties and then change compatability mode to vista sp3 then exit out and restart your pc and try to run the upgrade again but skip looking for install updates. hope this helps.
Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/13955-installing-build-7260-upgrade-7231-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Due to a motherboard a to Looking card build for my graphics recent upgrade failure I rebuilt my computer My new system utilizes the Intel i K chip with the Sandy Bridge platform on an Asus P P LE motherboard The Sandy Bridge platform Looking to upgrade my graphics card for a recent build is fast Even though my computer is not used for gaming my current graphic card seems to hold back performance in everyday tasks My computing usage revolves around having many browser windows open along with multiple Looking to upgrade my graphics card for a recent build applications Flash also tends to be a resource hog I also perform light Photoshop and video editing work once a month My system will also be a multiple OS boot Windows Linux amp OSx so driver availability is important I am looking for a graphic card as my next purchase and need advice in this arena My primary goals with this new graphic card are seamless HD playback dual DVI outputs energy efficiency and value My initial research points to a mid-range card Current Graphics Card XFX NVIDIA GeForce GT MB Resolution x The list below focuses on price not performance Based on feedback I could speed less or a bit more My purchase will be in the next month or two depending on sales amp rebates XFX HD- A-ZNFC Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card MSI N GTS CYCLONE GD OC GeForce GTS Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTS Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card GIGABYTE GV-N OC- GI GeForce GTS Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card PNY VCGGTS XPB GeForce GTS Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card ZOTAC ZT- - L GeForce GTS Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card XFX GS- X-YDFV GeForce GTS MB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Prices from Newegg nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-upgrade-my-graphics-card-for-a-recent-build.162707/
Relevancy 67.08%

My Parents figured it was time to upgrade to ten so I made up a disc and upgraded both their computers to build successfully I had already had I got new parts so I upgraded via a disk my dad made when first came around build 10240 Cannot ? to build Upgrade 0x20017) (0xC1900101 X 10586 Win I want to play Forza but unfortunately it isn't supported on my build of Win and security is better on yada yada Cannot Upgrade Win X build 10240 to 10586 (0xC1900101 ? 0x20017) yada I insert the same disk upgrade begins it goes through the whole process on the purple screen and when it goes for the first reboot it boots back up into startup repair asking me to choose keyboard language I choose a shut down and when the computer boots back up it tells me quot Installation Failed in Safe OS Phase With an Error During BOOT Operation xC x quot I have tried many of the suggested fixes I have Tried installing with all USB ports vacant Removed my wireless adapter Installed using a clean boot Removed IIS and its associated user Completely uninstalled my antivirus There may be more but I dont remember Fresh Install is not an option so please dont suggest it theres got to be a way around this issue I have attached the error log of my latest attempt at upgrading I've also heard that downloading the ISO and then modifying some intel file could be a possible fix but Id rather try something that doesn't include modifying the OS that might bring up a quot not genuine quot error later as I have heard happens Thanks in advance for your help tenforums I hope this first post of mine can be successful for me and others

A:Cannot Upgrade Win X build 10240 to 10586 (0xC1900101 – 0x20017)

Download iso using this link, double click on it and run setup.exe.

Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56547-cannot-upgrade-win-x-build-10240-10586-0xc1900101-0x20017.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I know that having performed an upgrade to Windows 10, that a clean build can be done which will be recognised & registered by Microsoft.

I'm doing this for a friend which would be easier or more convenient to do at my place rather than at there's.

I can't see any reason why I can't perform a clean build at my location using my broadband connection to the initial upgrade as the the only difference I'm making is to install this to an SSD.

Any thoughts?

A:Clean build of Windows 10 at a different address/location to upgrade

The license is connected to the hardware, not the IP address, if that's what you're worried about.
Most people have Dynamic IP addresses that change once a day, week or month any how.

MethodsStatic IP addresses are manually assigned to a computer by an administrator. The exact procedure varies according to platform. This contrasts with dynamic IP addresses, which are assigned either by the computer interface or host software itself, as in Zeroconf, or assigned by a server using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Even though IP addresses assigned using DHCP may stay the same for long periods of time, they can generally change. In some cases, a network administrator may implement dynamically assigned static IP addresses. In this case, a DHCP server is used, but it is specifically configured to always assign the same IP address to a particular computer. This allows static IP addresses to be configured centrally, without having to specifically configure each computer on the network in a manual procedure.
In the absence or failure of static or stateful (DHCP) address configurations, an operating system may assign an IP address to a network interface using state-less auto-configuration methods, such as Zeroconf.
Uses of dynamic address assignmentIP addresses are most frequently assigned dynamically on LANs and broadband networks by the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). They are used because it avoids the administrative burden of assigning specific static addresses to each device on a network. It also allows many devices to share limited address space on a network if only some of them will be online at a particular time. In most current desktop operating systems, dynamic IP configuration is enabled by default so that a user does not need to manually enter any settings to connect to a network with a DHCP server. DHCP is not the only technology used to assign IP addresses dynamically. Dialup and some broadband networks use dynamic address features of the Point-to-Point Protocol.
Sticky dynamic IP addressA sticky dynamic IP address is an informal term used by cable and DSL Internet access subscribers to describe a dynamically assigned IP address which seldom changes. The addresses are usually assigned with DHCP. Since the modems are usually powered on for extended periods of time, the address leases are usually set to long periods and simply renewed. If a modem is turned off and powered up again before the next expiration of the address lease, it will most likely receive the same IP address.

IP address - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57244-clean-build-windows-10-different-address-location-upgrade.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Since the beginning of I have been unable to upgrade ending with constant requests to restart and the failure data as per attachment is the latest I did defer this upgrade but recently it has been ignored and the upgrade has been installing and failing again on a regular basis I have tried the ISO's and other links to this upgrade and they all finish with a simple statement quot Failed 10 to Unable build to upgrade 10586 from Windows 10240 quot Funnily in Security amp Maintenance it shows a failure almost as soon as it starts to download and then about an Unable to upgrade Windows 10 from build 10240 to 10586 hour later it says it was a successful update I expect to see a Windows old in 'C' drive but there isn't any Last night a notification suddenly announced quot We are working on it quot - what Today it did another upgrade download and installation and guess what - failed I am under the impression that Microsoft want to get this upgrade Unable to upgrade Windows 10 from build 10240 to 10586 going in preparation for the Windows anniversary end July I notice in Tiribos's post the instructions for downloading the ISO and mounting etc but mine downloads as zip file but I suppose it all amounts to the same performance What to do This forum seems to be the best place to post as there is so much useless crap elsewhere on the internet mostly from a year or more ago

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/51965-unable-upgrade-windows-10-build-10240-10586-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have Insider Preview installed on a dual boot system with openSUSE Windows is activated However even though I'm on the Fast Insider 10525 Preview to upgrade TH2 10586 Can't Build Ring I haven't gotten any updates or new build for quite awhile I use WSUS to get security updates I downloaded Windows TH Build from the quot official quot Windows News site Microsoft - but uses MEGA servers which posted today Windows boots fine Can't upgrade Insider Preview 10525 to TH2 Build 10586 but says to install Windows from my installed copy - fair enough When I run setup exe from the DVD I get the helpful message quot Something happened quot - real informative After trying several times I get to the license page and skip the updates this caused the helpful message above I skipped the product key entry since Windows was installed and activated Then I get the refallyh bizarre error that the installer cannot determine if I am running Windows I have almost programs installed and working great so I'm not going to do a clean install I probably can't return to build if I use the recovery mode but I'm almost ready to try to revert - if I can - since I have an image created by the AOEMI Backupper program which has restored system backups many times when I or Windows screws up Does anybody have any idea how I'll be able to install build - since apparently the normal Windows update in Settings is not going to work

A:Can't upgrade Insider Preview 10525 to TH2 Build 10586

Moved to where??

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/29262-cant-upgrade-insider-preview-10525-th2-build-10586-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello world,
I'm looking to considerably upgrade my current system, which will become essentially a new system overall.

I was looking into something along these lines:
[Key: Currently Own | Looking To Buy]
Motherboard- Asus Sabertooth Z77.
CPU- Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4Ghz s1155 6MB.
Cooling- Corsair Hydro H100i.
RAM- Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz (x2= a total of 32GB).
GPU- GeForce GTX 460 (768MB).
PSU- Corsair GS600 80PLUS. (is it enough?)
HDD/SSD- *.*
Monitor- *.*
Peripherals- *.*
Case- Open for suggestions!

The rest is less of an issue.

What do you guys think?

A:A New (*upgrade) System Build, Components and Case Questions

The PSU is definitely enough. You could even have two GTX 670s with this PSU.

32 GB would be about 28 GB more than I would ever need, but hey.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276568-new-upgrade-system-build-components-case-questions.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I haveupgrade Windows Pro bit English US to Windows Pro bit also English US when I received the Microsoft notification in my HP ENVY laptop onJuly th according to my memory The upgradingprocess was without difficulties like a charm the laptop continued to worksatisfactorily and I am happy with Windows Since thattime a number of updates were automatically downloaded and installed forWindows Windows Defender a lot Office and two Cumulative Updates KB and KB The laptophas i RAM GB HDD TB with GB of free space However inNovember v Build was not automatically downloaded and obviously notinstalled So my current version still is Build Therefore I tried to install manually with an ISO file saved on a DVD and downloadedvia the Media Creation Tool and Tech Bench Aftermounting the ISO I tried to install opening its exe file as Administratorbut installation always stuck at Similarly with the program downloaded to anUSB and opened via Advanced startup or directly from the USB itself As anexternal device I only have an USB Microsoft mouse I also tried to use the laptoptrackpad instead the mouse but results were the same At always appear the same phrase upgrade 10, to v1511, 10586 to Windows Build Unable Something happened Windows installation has failed Ialso tried to deactivate both Windows Firewall and Windows Defender but sameresult Both sfc scannowand dism online cleanup-image restorehealth commands were and are OK I willappreciate your advice and instructions in order to finally install Best regards Petrus

A:Unable to upgrade to Windows 10, v1511, Build 10586

What anti-virus are you using? Try uninstalling it. You can reinstall after the upgrade.
Same if you are using a firewall other than the built-in Windows firewall.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/34542-unable-upgrade-windows-10-v1511-build-10586-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am trying to update my windows 10 x86 build 10240 to 14393 by windows 10 upgrade assistant and also by Insider build but fail.
I can download update by insider but updates could not install....how can I update my build to 14393? thanks

A:Why my pc win 10 x86 build 10240 not going to update by windows 10 upgrade assistant?

Two things to try:
- Download the windows 10 update diagnosis tool
- Refresh (settings) the build you have and try to update again
Welcome to the forums :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/437365-why-my-pc-win-10-x86-build-10240-not-going-update-windows-10-upgrade-assistant.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I apologize in advance for any typos I don t catch and fix I m trying to type with a wrist brace on What are you going to use the PC for Gaming How much is your budget Not yet known depends on tax return Where are you located a k a fill out your help, questions points finer overclocking, about (FSB, Build/upgrade etc.) the profile Indiana Are you willing to buy online Yes frequent Newegg user Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build Yes I am only upgrading my current system Looking to buy at most RAM Video card Hard Drive and monitor Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others Will be reusing what I have except maybe the monitor Have you already bought any parts Not yet Do you have an Operating System OS Yes Windows -bit Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup Not sure yet Hi all Tried some Google-fu but didn t find anything that really answered my questions I want to upgrade my system this spring Build/upgrade help, questions about the finer points (FSB, overclocking, etc.) primarily for gaming and I want to have a better understanding of what FSB is and how it affects my system before I go and spend my money I don t feel I need help with specific item recommendations rather I would like some questions answered so I can make a more educated purchase when the time comes Here are some detailed stats for my system including pertinent information that I have questions about MOTHERBOARD ASUS M A TD-V EVO Front side bus Up to MT s HyperTransport Interface Dual-channel memory architecture x -pin DIMM slots max supported GB unbuffered EEC and non-EEC DDR O C O C MHz I will NOT be replacing motherboard this spring PROCESSOR AMD Phenom II x Quad-Core GHz MHz HyperTransports L Cache x KB L Cache MB I will NOT be replacing the processor this spring There are several things that I do not understand about these two products I bought them on the recommendation of a friend who knows more about this stuff than I do but was not interested in explaining them at the time Now I want to know what this stuff means before I buy anymore Here are my following questions What is Front side bus exactly I understand that it is the speed and that you want the MHz to match but beyond that I know next to nothing What are Hyper Transports Is this on the motherboard a maximum threshold or a recommendation At MHz is my processor sub-par or within parameters What is the O C and O C on the motherboard I know it has to do with the front side bus but I don t know what the O C stands for I would guess that it means overclocked but I do not know When I bought RAM I went with the because I did not understand this O C stuff I am looking to add more RAM or even replace the current RAM possibly up to the max of GBs For the record I m not interested at this point in overclocking This is due to the fact that I don t know what overclocking is or how to do it I would appreciate a description of what overclocking is and how it affects my system but I don t think I will worry about doing so What are the L and L Cache What do they do and how do they affect my computer s performance With the processor I do not see anything about a frequency that matches the motherboard or the RAM How do I determine what frequency my processor works at Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Build/upgrade help, questions about the finer points (FSB, overclocking, etc.)

All of this information is already available online so it doesn't make sense to repeat what's available.

HyperTransport:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperTransport

AMD uses HyperTransport to replace the Front-Side Bus in their Opteron, Athlon 64, Sempron 64, Turion 64, Phenom and Phenom II families of microprocessors.

In personal computers, the front-side bus (FSB) is the bus that carries data between the CPU and the northbridge.

This should explain DDR3:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR3_SDRAM

What is the 1800(O.C.) and 1600(O.C.) on the motherboard?
The motherboard supports Overclocking up to those speeds.

What are the L2 and L3 Cache?
L1 is closest to the core, typically smallest and fastest. L2 is typically bigger and slower, and 'further away' (both physical, distance, and in latency). L3 is even bigger, slower and further, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_cache

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-upgrade-help-questions-about-the-finer-points-fsb-overclocking-etc.158053/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a system with an i7-3930k and Win7 retail license. I will be building a new i7-6700k system and will be reusing the SSD, HDD, graphics card and my Windows license. I ultimately want the new system to be Win10.

Should I do the OS upgrade first, or build the new system first and migrate my settings under Windows 7, then do the OS upgrade?

A:Upgrade Win7 to Win10 Before or After Migration to New System Build

Activate Windows 7 on the new system first and then upgrade that to Windows 10. If you upgrade to Windows 10 on the old system, when you replace the motherboard, Windows 10 will deactivate itself when it detects the new motherboard and you would likely have to put a Windows 7 install on it temporarily to regain activation.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/45273-upgrade-win7-win10-before-after-migration-new-system-build.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I bought a Sony Vaio laptop with Vista and a promised upgrade to Win7 when officially released. To jump start, I installed Win7 RC Build 7100 from Microsoft over the shipped Vista OS.

I just received the promised Win7 upgrade fulfillment from Sony but when I try to install it it tells me that Win7 is already installed (duh.)

Is the RC based Win7 installation that I've built up over the last few months now junk bits or is there a way to use the serial number on the proof of license sticker on the fulfillment install disk Sony sent me and associate it with my current RC installation to make it legal and avoid any future trouble?

I'd ask Sony but they haven't responded to anything else I've asked about so I'm not sure there are any actual people left in their "service" arm.
Thanks,

Bob

A:Vaio with Win7 RC Build 7100 upgrade to release version

Is this a Sony branded Win7 Upgrade disk, or a MS 7Upgrade disk which SONY sent you?

RC qualifies as an upgradable OS. I haven't heard of anyone getting such an error since the Upgrades were released, so I am suspicious it is Sony's version, probably with all the bloatware since that is where makers get their profit nowadays.

You are entitled to support for your Win7 UPgrade from SONY tech support, period. MS requires this of any vendors who provide their software since you would otherwise get MS excellent tech support.

That said, manufacturers are going to such extremes to enforce their bloatware nowadays that most won't any longer support clean installs and void their tech support (not hardware) warranty if you clean install on your own, which you have. So you can't really approach them with your exact situation now with that RC on there. If you decide after considering all the options to approach them it would be best to tell them your OS just won't start, so they would send you recovery disks and/or walk you through recovery and then your Win7 Upgrade. JUST DO NOT TELL THEM YOU PUT RC ON THERE. Say it won't start O.S.

However, if it is a standard Win7 Upgrade disk we might be able to get it to work by booting from it, choosing CUstom Install>Advanced tools>Delete all partitions>Create a new partition of full space available>format>install. If it is a standard disk it will detect the RC on the disk and proceed. If not, then you are back to calling Sony to have them support you through it. They may have a lock on the BIOS or configured these disks to control how you can install it, to be sure they get their bloatware on your new Win7.

But there are workarounds, so let us know what exact disk they sent, and what you already have. Did you try to run the Upgrade from RC or boot?

Anyone else gotten a manufacturer's upgrade yet? This could possibly be a problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32378-vaio-win7-rc-build-7100-upgrade-release-version.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

A:Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%'

I believe you are going to need more room.

Kill the current update attempt, reboot and try it again only skip the Updates part. See if that works.

Filling out your System Specs would be a help.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Also, how big is the SSD?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49191-build-14332-upgrade-stuck-preparing-install-updates-100-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49191-build-14332-upgrade-stuck-preparing-install-updates-100-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer Restore network protocols to default settings Yesterday I upgraded my previous build of Win Pro bit to the new build I had failed to uninstall either bitdefender or Cyberghost VPN prior to upgrading As a result I got the above mentioned error and lost protocols missing build upgrade/system After network 1155 reset..... my internet connectivity I have since reset my system and then upgraded to I then reinstalled all of my programs including bitdefender andCyberghost VPN Right after that I started seeing the message again I uninstalled them both I still see the error message but I maintain internet connectivity I have tried sfc scannow found problems restarted same error message C WINDOWS system gt netsh winsock After 1155 build upgrade/system reset..... missing network protocols reset Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset C WINDOWS system gt netsh int ipv reset Resetting Interface OK Resetting Neighbor OK Resetting Path OK Resetting failed Access is After 1155 build upgrade/system reset..... missing network protocols denied Resetting OK Resetting OK Restart the computer to complete this action C WINDOWS system gt netsh int ip reset Resetting Interface OK Resetting Unicast Address OK Resetting Neighbor OK Resetting Path OK Resetting failed Access is denied Restart the computer to complete this action C WINDOWS system gt netsh advfirewall reset Ok still have the same problem please help what next Thanks Sam

A:After 1155 build upgrade/system reset..... missing network protocols

I also have a leftover network adapter setting TAP-Windows Adapter V9

I believe that's from CyberGhost..... I disabled it, but I cannot seem to get rid of it...

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/30439-after-1155-build-upgrade-system-reset-missing-network-protocols.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Am not on Insider builds. Getting Error on Updates Your Insider Build Needs Attn........
Not logged in to a MS account.
Running anniversary ed upgrade from last release clean install, valid retail key win7
Running Norton Utilities 16, Spybot Anti-Beacon and O&O Shutup10, registry hacked to turn off Cortana
Everything Win10 that can be uninstalled is or is turned off in settings.

All I have seen is to fix if on Insider Build Program, any suggestions ?

A:Not on Insider Build but error message: Your Insider Build Needs Attn

Hello Pkshadow Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The prompting you are seeing is most likely to get you to notice and install updates that have been accumulating. Otherwise that is a strange one. You might have to sign into an MS account if you already had one setup in order to see that account's information updated on the change from Insider to Anniversary. That would then see everything synced properly.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/59865-not-insider-build-but-error-message-your-insider-build-needs-attn.html
Relevancy 63.64%

so what do I do if im member of insiders build 10 was  trying to help with bugs, then got a update which messed up rolling back to 8.1 so had to do fresh install. now I cannot access my previous version on the same serial key I used from before please
fix this issue for those already signed up as windows 10 insiders not fair to those who actually have been apart of helping to find bugs and then update screws it all up. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7e750400-7fc3-4ef8-b8a9-00c3985d02f2/member-of-windows-10-insider-build-update-messed-up-computer-had-to-fresh-install-and-lost-my?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 63.21%

I just got my income tax return back and now it's time to update my PC. Please bear in mind I'm a newb!

I want to keep the following:

1. Corsair 750W PSU,
2. Antec 1200 case, and
3. EV3A 460GTX 756MB GPU.

In other words I likely need a new motherboard, processor, cooling fan for the processor, RAM, etc. I don't know if I'll need a sound card or ethernet card or if on-board will be good enough. I've heard from a couple friends that Asus Mobos are good. I think I want to go to an Intel processor as that's what I've had to this point and it's done well for me.

What are your thoughts? Where should I start looking?

Thanks

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello i want to build my own pc

Cpu:
Procesorius - Intel Core i7-4770, Quad Core, | TipTop.lt

Gpu:
Vaizdo Plok?t? - GIGA-BYTE PCIE16 GT610 2GB | TipTop.lt

Mother board:
Motinin? plok?t? - ASROCK B85 S1150 | TipTop.lt

Ram:
Operatyvioji atmintis - KINGSTON DIMM 16GB | TipTop.lt

1. HDD:
Vidinis diskas WD Red 3.5'' 1TB SATA3 64MB | TipTop.lt

2. HDD:
http://www.tiptop.lt/vidinis-diskas-wd-green-3-5-500gb

I dont know wich box i should use, here 2 options:

http://www.tiptop.lt/korpusas-logic-...su-psu-logic-2

http://www.tiptop.lt/korpusas-logic-...su-psu-logic-2

So is it possible to build pc with these parts?

Sorry I'm from lithuania and my online shops are lithuanian laguage. But Names of parts is in english

A:Build specs. Can you build it?

The issue I see: your mobo supports "ONLY" 4th gen CPU and your CPU of choice is a 5th gen (gen=generation). Even though the mobo is socket 1150, same as CPU, there may bay some firmware incompatibilities. Not sure if there is a BIOS update for the mobo to support 5th gen CPU's, which I doubt it does.

So you may want to consider a new mobo that supports intel's 5th gen series CPU's. Also; there's no mention of a PSU (power supply). I would also move up to a GTX 970 GPU....it's just a better GPU period.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/127578-build-specs-can-you-build.html