Windows Support Forum

Paged pool memory issues

Q: Paged pool memory issues

When playing games via steam I occasionally get a crash followed by the error message.

failed to lock vertex buffer in cmesh dx8

According to the FAQ on steam this is caused by a lack of paged pool memory which is reserved for apps like direct3d.

To get round this issue its recommended that you remove a line form the boot.ini which unlocks the page pool memory. The line is /3GB /Userva=2900

Does anyone know where this line is in windows 7 or how I can unlock the paged pool memory as I'm finding the crashes are starting to interfere with my enjoyment of gaming.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Paged pool memory issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Paged pool memory issues

Paged pool is memory that's "paged" out to the paging file on your hard drive. The easiest way would be (I think) to increase the amount of paging file allowed on your hard drive (see this article for more details on the paged pool: Mark's Blog : Pushing the Limits of Windows: Paged and Nonpaged Pool )

As for the /3gb switch, this is for programs that are aware of the 3gB switch. It won't do anything if the programs aren't specifically designed for it. What it does is allocate 3 gB of virtual memory for user level processes - leaving 1 gB for kernel level processes. And, it only applies to a 32 bit OS. Are you running 32 or 64 bit Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11393-paged-pool-memory-issues.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Ive been having this problem for ages now with all Valve games and valve games ONLY. Just as im about to go in-game it crashes to desktop with an error message reading "Internal driver error at Present: You're likely out of OS Paged Pool Memory!"

I had a feeling this was a RAM related issue and considering I only had 2GB, I upgraded to 4 GB - It still does it

Iv'e tried changing the Paged Pool size through the regedit - It still does it.

Ive tried everything, its getting rediculous now, I really dont see what could be wrong, I have a beast of a PC for gods sake it can run crysis.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-paged-pool-memory.815978/
Relevancy 91.16%

after installing a new graphics card and trying to play a game, i instead received an error message saying that there isnt enough "Paged Pool Memory".
what is paged pool memory and how can i increase it? do i basically just have to add memory to my system?
thanks

A:paged pool memory

Paged pool memory is a region in virtual memory which can be paged in and paged out of the system. Device driver which do not need to access the memory from DPC/Dispatch level or above can use paged pool. it is accessible from any process context.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/paged-pool-memory.970121/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hey everyone I am a newbie PC builder I have recently built a computer consist of the following spec OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel paged fix the How memory pool to problem? R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM G Skill Ripjaws X Series Mb Graphics Card Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Motherboard MSI Z A-GD MS- I have nothing but the msi driver utility process explorer office pro and Assassin s Creed II installed I have updated all MB drivers through the msi utility updated Windows as much as possible installed the latest GPU driver from nvidia When I played AC II the GPU driver crashes every sec I also got the message saying my PC is running out of paged pool memory How to fix the paged pool memory problem? I tried the method from teamliquid it doesn t work I went to process explorer under system information both of the paged and non-paged limit have no symbol That is all I have Thank you and greatly appreciate any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-fix-the-paged-pool-memory-problem.1041449/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello I ve been having some issues with Windows XP Paged pool error memory over the last couple of months It got much worse once I installed StarCraft II on my computer I get the error quot Your computer has run out of paged pool memory quot and the program lags or crashes I looked under blizzards website and they state that this is a Windows XP problem From what I can find it usually occurs Paged pool memory error from a bad driver that is taking paged memory and not releasing it I upgrade drivers for every piece of hardware I could find under Device Manager with no luck Microsoft has some tools to track paged memory but I cant seem to get any of them to work Some of the tools seem out of date or missing Is there a program that will identify what is filling up my paged memory Is there a way to quot empty quot the memory pool My system exceeds the minimum requirements for the game I have reduced the video effects in game to the bare minimum with no result System AMD Dual Core Ghz GB RAM Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service pack ATI Radeon HD video card with Gb Vram Any help you can provide is appreciated

A:Paged pool memory error

Here is the error message that was reported after the last crash.================================================================================StarCraft II (B16561)Time: 2010-09-26 18:31:54.437Exe: C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16561\SC2.exeParameters: Exe Built: 2010-09-21 16:33:41.187User: meComputer: ME-55BB3FBB205DVersion: 1.1.0.16561Branch: branches/1.1.0Revision: 84907Locale: enUS================================================================================e_gfxGraphicsAPIError"StarCraft II has encountered an unexpected DirectX/OpenGL error. This may indicate an issue with an out-of-date videocard driver. If the problem persists, for more information consult our support website at [url="http://starcraft2.com/support.""]http://starcraft2.com/support."[/url]Error code: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (8876086C) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Manual Stack Trace (ID:216 Stack:0x044D0000 + 8,388,608 "Main Thread")----------------------------------------DBG-ADDR<00A18449>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00A18541>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00A0F762>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00D100F3>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00D1031F>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00C77C83>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00C78A2E>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00C7A2A0>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00C7A9F5>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00BC08BB>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00BA8BF4>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00B98A08>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00804A17>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00808B17>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<00809E06>("SC2.exe")DBG-ADDR<0080A085>("SC2.exe")---------------------------------------- DbgHelp Stack Trace (ID:216 Stack:0x044D0000 + 8,388,608 "Main Thread")----------------------------------------DBG-ADDR<00A18449>("SC2.exe") (8876086C,0146A9A4,00000000,00000001)DBG-ADDR<00A18541>("SC2.exe") (8876086C,0146A9A4,00000000,00000000)DBG-ADDR<00A0F762>("SC2.exe") (00000003,00000060,00000020,00000000)DBG-ADDR<00D100F3>("SC2.exe") (04CCE694,1EA810B4,00000001,00000001)DBG-ADDR<00D1031F>("SC2.exe") (1EA810B4,2F4C44C8,00000001,04CCE694)DBG-ADDR<00C77C83>("SC2.exe") (04CCE694,0000000B,04CCE678,00C7A2A0)DBG-ADDR<00C78A2E>("SC2.exe") (04CCE694,04CCE7C0,04CCE7C0,2F4C44C8)DBG-ADDR<00C7A2A0>("SC2.exe") (04CCE694,00000000,056E65C8,304A12A0)DBG-ADDR<00C7A9F5>("SC2.exe") (263FEF20,016E65C8,0000026F,00000284)DBG-ADDR<00BC08BB>("SC2.exe") (FF000000,0000012F,00000000,2E566108)DBG-ADDR<00BA8BF4>("SC2.exe") (0000012F,00000000,04CCEB48,0000012F)DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe") (0000012F,00000000,04CCEB8C,0000012F)DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe") (0000012F,00000000,04CCEBD0,0000012F)DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe") (0000012F,00000000,04CCEC14,0000012F)DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe") (0000012F,00000000,04CCEC58,0000012F)DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe") (0000012F,00000000,04CCEC9C,00000010)DBG-ADDR<00BA8C3C>("SC2.exe") (0000012F,00000000,04CCF0DC,00000000)DBG-ADDR<00B98A08>("SC2.exe") (055007E0,053781A8,00000000,0000012F)DBG-ADDR<00804A17>("SC2.exe") (7C800000,0146A9A4,00000000,008092D3)DBG-ADDR<00808B17>("SC2.exe") (000502B2,04CCFFB4,0080A085,00000000)DBG-ADDR<00809E06>("SC2.exe"... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349850/paged-pool-memory-error/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi Everyone I've been searching as much as i could here and there on the internet without any luck so i'm giving it a chance here if someone has an idea how to troubleshoot investigate this I'm Running Windows Update Enterprise custom built machine I K gb ram Samsung evo pro gb ssd x gtx sli the installation was done around constantly memory Pool increasing Paged end of january i don't have much running on that computer but games i have another system for work The issue i have is the Paged Pool memory after system is up is at roughly mb but keep increasing around - mb per sec and never stops after roughly h uptime i'm already at Paged Pool memory constantly increasing gb after Paged Pool memory constantly increasing day uptime yesterday i was at gb The non-paged pool is however never an issue and sits between mb and mb i would say normal values i've read about disabling NDU disabling killer networks application my network driver and many other things but Paged Pool memory constantly increasing so far still no luck i'm willing to run any kind of software or give any traces my main issue right now is how to find what is causing this i believe there is a memory leak somewhere but i have no idea clues how to trace it down Many thanks for your time and help cheers BuG

A:Paged Pool memory constantly increasing

Hello BuG,

With 32 GB of RAM installed, it's not unusual for your page file to get just as large.

If you like, you could use step 11 in the tutorial below to specify a minimum and maximum page file size for your C: drive to prevent it from getting larger on it's own. If you get a low memory or out of memory error afterwards while running Windows, then it means that you will need to increase the size of the page file until you stop getting the error.

If you have plenty of hard drive space, then it is recommended to leave the page file to be system managed though.

Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/45714-paged-pool-memory-constantly-increasing.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hey all this is my first time posting here Memory Paged Pool Effects/How to Adverse Fix so please be gentle I like most gamers comp sci majors have fallen in to the trap of trying to get Half-Life to play on my laptop and am Paged Pool Memory Adverse Effects/How to Fix dealing with paged pool memory issues I followed a solution on a previous Paged Pool Memory Adverse Effects/How to Fix forum and went in to the registry editor changing the PagedPoolSize like so Quoted from the previous site http www halflife net forums showthread php t quot This is how to fix it Here's how you open Registry Editor Start Menu gt Run gt regedit Surf down to this key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager Memory Management Double click on quot PagedPoolSize quot Hexadecimal is listed first Change the quot Value Data quot to one of these below Note You only need to enter EITHER Hexadecimal or Decimal They both are the same Megabytes Hexadecimal Decimal Mb c Mb Mb I went with the Mb option and it worked perfectly Once you are done make sure you reboot your computer quot I followed this solution with the Mb option restarted the computer and the computer didn't even load all the way the first time and after shutting down and restarted it again I barely got to the Desktop with nothing really running So I painfully went in and changed it back to the default setting like it was before and I restarted it and MOST of it is fine again but I am still getting a few adverse effects such as when right-clicking on anything on the desktop the menu does not appear right away and you have to scroll down with the mouse to see any of the menu items on it For example right clicking on the background you have to move the mouse down in order to see the Arrange Icons by Refresh Paste etc options I do not see any other adverse effects right off hand other than it takes a little bit longer to boot up the laptop it takes a little longer to do anything anymore I don't think I have to reinstall Windows or anything like that but is there anything else I can possibly do to make my laptop to run as normal again and get rid of some of the adverse effects as described I would be greatly appreciated by a quick response If you need anymore information about the situation do not hesitate to ask and thank you very much

A:Paged Pool Memory Adverse Effects/How to Fix

As this article says, 'Do not change the size of the paging file by editing the registry.'

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc738265.aspx

Since you did play about, perhaps making a manual change as per the instructions will help 'kick' things back to normal.

Click start, control panel, system, advanced, performance, advanced and under virtual memory click change, then custom size, and set the vRam to whatever value you like (I would recommend equal to the installed Ram as a start) min and max. Click set and ok your way out.

You can always go back and set things to letting Window decide.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/paged-pool-memory-adverse-effects-how-to-fix-386233.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hey guys I have no programs running just chrome with a couple of websites On my previous pc with windows i've never had the memory use more than GB just for chrome Also the paged pool seems to fill up the longer I use my pc I've read numerous threads with people saying that it is normal for a pc to use all the RAM because otherwise it's useless RAM But I - paged in leak Windows problem Memory pool 8.1 don't really Windows 8.1 - Memory leak problem in paged pool believe that something like this is normal In most threads people talked about a Windows 8.1 - Memory leak problem in paged pool memory leak in the non-paged pool I find it also very weird that when I look at my processes they Windows 8.1 - Memory leak problem in paged pool just don't add up to the GB in use Using rammap or process explorer doesn't show annything at all Here are my specs Lenovo B Windows -bit Build Intel Core i - M CPU GHz CPU's MB RAM Games I'm having real problems with League of Legends I just get too much lag when I play I have a constant ping so that's not the problem my fps is - so that's not really bad But I just get these random stutters every few seconds Also when I browse my pc is just acting too slow for it's specs I hope someone can help with this problem as I am a noob when it comes to computers I paid about euros for this laptop and I find it sad that I this stupid problem I've already disabled superfetch and I really don't want a link to another thread as I've read every single one of them and I'm getting nuts Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 - Memory leak problem in paged pool

Hello SebaaVH,

You appear to be one of those affected by this Google Chrome bug that only affects "some." Now, since I don't know if they ever fixed it (I don't use Chrome), I would suggest trying a different browser (i.e., Firefox or Opera) to see if that fixes your issue. Now, some have stated they fixed their issue by clearing their browser cache but that would be just a band-aid IMHO:

Massive memory leak, though memory usage does not show for GC in task manager:
https://productforums.google.com/for...lp/xOQqvfK78sM

Regarding your League of Legends issue, I don't play it myself but your issue (or something similar) has come up several times quite recently and, if you do a Google search for that issue, you will find tons of people having issues when playing it online. You might be better off seeking assistance at a gaming forum for that specific issue IMHO.

Good luck.

SpringUpdate

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/45045-windows-8-1-memory-leak-problem-paged-pool.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I've been having this problem for ages. After ive played on a different game for a while, i then try to play tf2. loads up properly, i choose a server and just as im about to connect - pow! crashes to desktop and says im out of paged pool memory! i thought it was cos i didnt have enough ram or not enough of it was free. so i upgraded my ram to 2gb. i have 1500MB of ram free at any one time and it still does the same thing!! the stupid thing is, when i restart the pc and go on tf2 before any other game, it works fine! what on earth is going on here?

Relevancy 88.15%

I have a Compaq Presario running windows XP and 1G of RAM with a game that said the paged pool memory was to low. I subsequently reset it via the " run regedit" and now no applications will run and the computer has to be physically shutdown by holding the on/off button. The error message I get is "you do not have the required memory to run this application". How do get back to normal?

Thanks for the help.

A:Solved: OS Paged Pool Memory Reset to high

Restore the registry. System Restore is the easiest way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-os-paged-pool-memory-reset-to-high.793004/
Relevancy 87.29%

So I recently purchased a new motherboard CPU RAM and PSU I kept things from my old computer such as my hard drives and video card I formatted my main hard drive that I keep Windows on and used to run x but am now running x I did this all for Borderlands I wanted a better computer to run and play this game on since I ve been Loss? Paged Memory Multiple Crashing, Pool Programs a fan of the first one since it came out Prior to the installation of all of these new parts everything on the older version of my computer worked fine I could play games albeit on low settings without a problem but now games such as Dota and Borderlands will run for about - minutes before the screen goes black Multiple Programs Crashing, Paged Pool Memory Loss? and comes back three times before the program itself stops responding One of the games gave me a reason as to the poor performance and said the game had run out of Paged Pool Memory and would decrease performance Even when doing so it still shuts down after a few seconds I know that this is a hardware problem which is why I didn t post about it in Games It s happening to many programs that require the use of memory and not just games If there s anything anybody can do to help me it would be greatly appreciated Below is a DXDiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JIMMUS-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS DA amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Acer X H Monitor Id ACR Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-E A- FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x DA Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UY... Read more

Relevancy 71.38%

I got this BSOD as I turned on my computer today, I did not install any new drivers or programs recently.

I attached the SF file to this post, not sure if there's any more info I should add.

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD paged fault in non paged memory

Hi LewdLove,

BugCheck 50, Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : klif.sys

Your problem seems to be related to Kaspersky Anti-virus or your Anti-virus program, please uninstall and install Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Run a full system scan once installed

Repost your minidump files back after that.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273084-bsod-paged-fault-non-paged-memory.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm running XP SP2, and experiencing a non-paged pool leak of about 150 MBs a day. The pool will fill up after about 42 hours leading to a BSOD (0x000000f4). Poolmon is indicating the tag IRP is allocating ~20 bytes constantly and never freeing it. It's probably a driver, but I can't get any closer than that to finding out which one. I also monitored the leak in safe mode with no networking and it still leaks there. Could anyone perhaps help narrow it down more?

A:irp non-paged pool leak

I'm having this EXACT same problem. Started happening about the same time too.

Could it have something to do with a Windows Update? I'd really appreciate any help with this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/irp-non-paged-pool-leak-194176.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Windows AMD A CPU GB Corsair x GB DDR RAM WebrootSA AV and Comodo firewall Something is happening I will be playing Battlefield and suddenly the game screeches to a dying studder with FPS below Upon checking task manager and confirming with other utilities my non-paged pool is swallowing up all the RAM And it sticks around sometimes for minutes hours or days I can bring the non-paged pool back to normal - MB from well its currently at GB by removing and switching up the memory sticks Sometimes I just let the RAM sit out for some air for an hour or so idk I even bought matching RAM because I thought the different brand names could possible cause it I ve looked around in Non-Paged taking 5.5GB/8GB RAM Pool the past for solutions but I could never get any idea what is causing the non-paged poop to IMMEDIATELY SNAP from MB up to GB Is there something I could check at startup of my system to see what is taking the non-paged pool Or would I need to replicate the original in-game crash nbsp

A:Non-Paged Pool taking 5.5GB/8GB RAM

Well generally this isn't a hardware fault, so replacing or removing the RAM will not fix it.

Something is using too much memory and not allowing it to be paged out. Do you you page file disabled by chance? If you go to the Processes tab and enable the "Show Processes from All Users" which ones show are using the most memory?

If it consistently happens while BF3 than it may be a glitch in the game or a driver issue. Do you have all the latest patches for BF3? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the latest graphics driver? Updated the sound driver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/non-paged-pool-taking-5-5gb-8gb-ram.1109870/
Relevancy 68.8%

for the past few months i have been having memory leak problems but i shrugged it off cause a quick restart fixed it. Now every time i boot my pc, it starts with 4.5-4.6GB non-paged pool.

thank you in advanced

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128506-high-non-paged-pool-usage-start-up-now.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I am very new to the forums and was browsing around looking at other people with similar problems and thought I would post up my issues and see if anyone can help point me in the right directions I have a couple of ideas but I am unsure if I am right I have attached the ZIP of the SF Diagnostic Tool to this post now Basically about weeks ago I had some computer issues I figured it was a good time for a couple of upgrades so I replaced the Motherboard Processor Power Supply and I had my Video Card RMA'd by EVGA excessive coil whine I formatted the hard drive it was a GB partition of a BSOD Header Non - Bad and Page in Fault Area Paged Pool TB Raid and reinstalled windows to the computer everything seemed fine for about a week I took my computer downstairs to hook it up to a TV so BSOD - Bad Pool Header and Page Fault in Non Paged Area my family could watch some Hulu on the big screen and my computer started getting BSOD every few minutes I was unsure as to what was causing it so I BSOD - Bad Pool Header and Page Fault in Non Paged Area reinstalled windows again After the install I was still getting BSOD so I went out and bought a SATA GB SSD and put it in as the primary Hard Drive and installed windows to that drive instead of onto the Raid partition Same thing more BSOD At this point I have reinstalled times I tried allowing Windows to fully update everything and tried turning all updates off and manually installing everything myself More BSOD both ways in fact at this point when I try to manually install the NVidia drivers they just Fail during the install and wont finish Given that the BSOD seem to be either Page Fault in Non Paged area and Bad Pool Header I figured it might be the RAM and ran a MemTest over night unless I am reading it wrong there were no errors Attachment My current system specs are Full version Windows Pro not upgraded to Intel i - CPU about weeks old Gigabyte Z X-HD Motherboard about weeks old GB Corsair MHz DDR RAM about years old EVGA Nvidia GTX GB video card just got a RMA replacement about weeks ago SoundBlaster XFi PCIE card About years old PCI Drive SATA Raid Controller GB SSD Hard Drive about week old GB Seagate Barracuda single platter Hard drives SATA about years old single and in a Raid Setup Corsair TX M Power Supply about weeks old DVD RW Drive SATA about years old So based on this wall of information I am suspecting one of things Might be corruption in the GB Thumb drive I am installing my Windows from Might be something with drivers on the computer after clean reinstalls I don't see how this can be totally it but Some other hardware on my computer is causing the issue - On board sound conflicting with the soundblaster - RAID controller - Bad GPU VRAM I am going to start trying to figure it out and was hoping someone could give me pointers ANY help is very very very very very welcome Thank you

A:BSOD - Bad Pool Header and Page Fault in Non Paged Area

I ran the Diagnostic tool I got from this site and zipped up the file - it is now attached to the OP

I have windows set to gather the dump file but I am unsure what to do with the files at the moment

Thanks for helping

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43322-bsod-bad-pool-header-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Any help on this would be appreciated - the PC crashes on boot during the 'loading windows' screen if I try and do a normal boot Safe mode works but then I get Bad Pool Error if I try and browse to any complex website simply stuff works but this one doesn't for example - I assume it's Javascript or Flash crashing it Plus running many applications including Notepad leads directly to a Page-fault in non-paged area result Things I've tried full scans with Avast and Malwarebytes startup recovery console from the disc and all the options there including Startup Repair multiple times and SFC -scannow error checking the drive with chkdsk and Partition Magic I tried driver verifier but that was when the computer would still boot it stopped it booting entirely the earlier dmp files will be from that the ones from today in safe mode and it took some fixing to get as far as safe mode so reluctant to try it area / Error Pool Page Fault non-paged Bad BSOD in again I'm at something of a loss I can't even look at the dmp files myself as BSOD Bad Pool Error / Page Fault in non-paged area trying to run the Windbg install tool crashes the PC and I don't have a second Windows machine And I can't do an in-place re-install as that's not allowed from safe mode

A:BSOD Bad Pool Error / Page Fault in non-paged area

Welcome to SF deanlove .

I'm currently forming a general idea based on the dump files but I need more information.

Unfortunately files are missing, so I'm not getting the full picture.
Please run the SFDT again and let it run its course it can take 15min at times to collect all the data necessary.
There should be eight files generated not including the dumps.

Please upload the MSINFO32 file:

Start → Run → type MSINFO32 then hit Enter.
In MSINFO32 go to, File → Save → name it your user-name.
Once the file is saved right click it and choose Send to → Compressed (zipped) folder.

Attach the file in your next post.

EDIT:

Your CPU is overclocked.

Code:
!sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.5, DMIVersion 37, Size=3019]
BiosMajorRelease = 8
BiosMinorRelease = 15
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 1408
BiosReleaseDate = 09/21/2010
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
SystemFamily = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
SystemVersion = System Version
SystemSKU = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer INC.
BaseBoardProduct = P6T
BaseBoardVersion = Rev 1.xx
7: kd> !sysinfo cpuspeed
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2670
CurrentSpeed: 3200
Reset the BIOS back to default:CLR CMOS

Note
Write down the current value of the SATA Mode!
Its either AHCI or IDE.
After resetting the CMOS go back and verify the value for SATA Mode is what it was
when the OS was installed.

If any component is overclocked reset it back to stock speeds!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317031-bsod-bad-pool-error-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently had my work laptop upgraded to Windows 7 from XP. Everything worked fine for one week. Then I started getting the BSOD error " Bad pool header". My computer will repeatedly shut down to protect windows. I notified my IT department and they believe that I corrupted the hard drive, as I have local admin rights. they provided me with a loaner computer and loaded my backup system on to this laptop. Worked great for a week and then again started getting " bad pool header and new error "page fault in non paged area. They believe I again corrupted the hard drive. The only software I installed is a program I use for work "Form Max" which other users have been using successfully in Windows 7. I used the DM log and have attached the dump files. Any assistance would be appreciated.

A:BSOD error " Bad pool header and page fault in non paged area"

Just discovered the original attachment was blank This one I checked and it does have files. Would appreciate any help that can be provided.
Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375574-bsod-error-bad-pool-header-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 58.48%

In Windows XP, there was a registry setting that when set prevented the Kernel from being paged out to the swapfile. I don't remember what this specific key was, but does anybody know of a similar setting for Vista x64?

I was just curious...

A:Non-Paged Kernel Memory

Hi Peter,

The key is still there in the registry. The default value is 0, but you will need to set it to 1.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195510-non-paged-kernel-memory.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm just wondering if this is something abnormal. I keep my system up 24/7 just shutting off display without putting it to sleep/hibernate. Every morning when I wake up and check the kernel memory, it's quite high >500mb. I checked with a friend and his is onli about ~300. What does this mean, a memory leak?

A:high paged kernel memory

No, it means your kernel simply has more allocations than his. Unless it's causing a performance or stability detriment or growing over time without shrinking back properly, then it's nothing to worry about. Also note that there are several kernel pools that make up kernel memory as a whole, so to troubleshoot (if that is necessary) it's going to require you being more specific about memory usage, and to where, in the kernel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/158614-high-paged-kernel-memory.html
Relevancy 57.19%

good morning forum.

I am running windows 8.1 (x64)
I have the following problem my non paged pool is constantly very high. I have 4 gb. RAM and 1.2 of them are used by the non paged pool.
poolmon tells me that 1 gb of the non paged memory is taged with ECMC. In the most forums is written, that this is connected to a programm called Intellimem which I do not have installed on my computer. Findstr /s ECMC *.sys does not find anything in the system32 folder or even above. Does anyone has an Idea how to trace back this tag to a driver or program to get rid of the problem?

thanks,
Snjuk

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/63983-high-non-paged-memory-due-ecmc-tag-but-no-intellimem.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have troubles with system stability crashes and glitches in software This computer is for my work visualisation rendering -Most full system crashes occur when listening music and high demand software rendering pre computation rendering saving files mb -I frequently use gb ram for rendering of gb -Occasionally before crashing the system will be stuck in a state music will continue playing for short while can still navigate between applications but cannot open anything new -Crysis will occasionally non fault BSOD, in area management, memory paged crash when I played it Glitches include -Rendering crash something like error in the pre computation files BSOD, memory management, fault in non paged area -Recently experienced windows explorer not refreshing files lists names -music pausing or stuttering during intensive application after closing the application the music will have large breaks between songs and when seeking becoming more frequent recently OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x Bit What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Self installed OEM Age of system hardware Roughly months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Orignal installation CPU i k ghz runs reasonably cool ish under work ish under stress test Video Card HD shaders unlocked with switch MotherBoard Asrock Z extreme gen Power Supply - brand amp wattage Antec TruePower TP- W Ram Corsair CMX GX M A C GB x GB DDR Tests completed -Have run prime at least over hours- no problems -Have run memtest passes on all four sticks -Have run memtest on individual sticks in slot amp passes - no problems at least hours worth -Have run linx - no problems -Have run windows memory diagnostic - no problems -Have run windows check Disk - no problems ---I cannot reproduce any crash at my command--- HDD -System drive OCZ Agility GB SSD quot filling up very fast need to upgrade -Original Data Drive Samsung SpinPoint F TB HD SJ -New Data Drive Seagate Barracuda TB ST DM old drive changed to backup I would like to find the cause before some system files become corrupted or something I don't have trouble buying new ram if my sticks are bad but it could be software motherboard cpu -- don't sure I would love if you can help me find the cause and fix I would actually buy you a cake if I could somehow I have attached the files from the output Thanks

A:BSOD, memory management, fault in non paged area

Code:
22528 16/10/2009 5:56:42 PM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Seagate\DiscWizard\bootwiz.sys"
22528 16/10/2009 5:56:42 PM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Seagate\MediaBuilder\bootwiz.sys"
19008 14/07/2009 11:19:10 AM "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\wimmount.sys"
68096 14/07/2009 10:06:38 AM "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\1394.inf_amd64_neutral_0b11366838152a76\1394bus.sys"
19008 14/07/2009 11:19:10 AM "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\wimmount.sys"
68096 14/07/2009 10:06:38 AM "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\1394.inf_amd64_neutral_0b11366838152a76\1394bus.sys"
Not sure what those drivers are for but they def out of date
Start with updating your system drivers

Now the error you have mentioned about "memory_management_fault in non paged area" and your dump files are referring to memory corruption as well
I know you have tested your memory but what understood was that you ran the test on all the sticks at same time that actually does not work
so follow this
BSODs can be caused by the hardware issues as well. Most common is the memory corruption. It is very important to run memtest on single stick of RAM at a time in troubled computer. Running test on all RAM sticks at once does not give accurate results
1) Download memtest
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool (.iso file)
2) Burn that on a CD, as a bootable image
3) Turn your computer off
4) Remove all but one RAM stick from your computer
5) Boot your computer with memtest cd
6) Run 8 ? 11 passes on that stick
7) Shutdown the PC
8) Take the tested RAM stick out and plug in the next RAM stick
9) Boot again with memtest CD and run 8 ? 11 passes
Repeat the process until all RAM sticks are tested individually

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-memory-management-fault-in-non-paged-area-641262.html
Relevancy 55.9%

All I built my PC in Ever since I have been having intermittent FAULT AREA PAGE MANAGEMENT - NON and MEMORY IN PAGED BSOD BSOD problems I've found that if I put the computer to sleep instead of shutting down when it boots stable it will remain stable Otherwise I have BSOD crashes - minutes after booting I've run memtest after crashes and had it report errors but if I remove the RAM re-insert it and run memtest no errors will be BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA reported It also typically remains stable if I boot after inserting the RAM Anyway this is getting to be a pain and I'm trying to BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA work something out I BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA posted before and the last piece of advice I received was as follows quot That is not unusual electronics are just that way when memtest shows errors it means there is a problem Even if it doesn't show any errors the run before and the run after An error with X GB installed and then no errors with X GB installed usually indicates a timing and or voltage adjustment is needed It is still possible that the RAM is faulty let's try some adjustments and see if it will run stable CPUZ is showing your CR at T go to BIOS and select T again save and exit BIOS Then check CPUZ Memory tab and see if it says CR T Go to DRAM timings and change 'cycle time tRAS ' to this will be the th item in BIOS -DDR Timings Items When changed it should read for the first timings Bump your CPU NB voltage to v or as close as you can get it to that number Save and exit BIOS Then run memtest again both RAM cards installed for a minimum of passes best to run overnight quot Having done this memtest reported erros Should I just pick up some new sticks of RAM or do you think this is something else Thanks for all the help Tom

A:BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8004764b30, fffffa8004764e10, fffff800037cb0d0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310674-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Specs Windows Ultimate Bit AMD Athlon Processor GHz GB RAM Bought days ago When I try to download from firefox or from my download managers letmeatit and freemake the ram usage increases to over a period of mere - hours This to PAGED NON MEMORY which gradually filling KERNEL leads Freeze up has been bugging me since some months and I tried searching the internet but to no avail My System is protected by Avast and there are NO viruses OR MALWARES OR SPYWARES as I have Malwarebytes installed as well and the reports come out as CLEAN I also installed Super Antispyware just to be sure and the results are clean KERNEL NON PAGED MEMORY filling up gradually which leads to Freeze in it as well WISE MEMORY OPTIMISER DOES the TRICK FOR ME for a short amount of time but still the problem persists As in yesterday when I was downloading a PPV worth GB from the WWE KERNEL NON PAGED MEMORY filling up gradually which leads to Freeze Network through letmeatit the Ram usage started to fill up and reached I then downloaded wise memory optimiser in fear and to my surprise after optimising the usage dropped to and the downloading was on without interruption So whenever the ram usage increased in hours or so I ran the optimiser and why wouldn't I as without the optimiser my download wouldnt have even completed and the computer would have froze and I noticed the KERNEL NON PAGED MEMORY WAS in 's in about hours My computer was downloading continuously for hours but I had to run the optimiser every hours to prevent freezing Is it anything about the virtual memory I checked the task manager and resource monitor every hour and the processes and all were normal to my understanding

A:KERNEL NON PAGED MEMORY filling up gradually which leads to Freeze

Read http://www.howtogeek.com/171424/why-memory-optimizers-and-ram-boosters-are-worse-than-useless/:http://www.howtogeek.com/171424/why-memory-optimizers-and-ram-boosters-are-worse-than-useless/
That could be your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603429/kernel-non-paged-memory-filling-up-gradually-which-leads-to-freeze/
Relevancy 55.9%

When I try to download from firefox or from my download managers letmeatit and freemake the ram usage increases to over a period of mere - hours This has been bugging me since some months and I tried searching the internet but to no avail My System is protected by Avast and there are NO viruses OR MALWARES OR SPYWARES as I have Malwarebytes installed as well and the reports come out as CLEAN I also installed Super Antispyware just to be up MEMORY KERNEL NON which to PAGED filling leads gradually Freezing sure and the results are clean in it as well WISE MEMORY OPTIMISER DOES the TRICK FOR ME for a short amount of time but still the problem persists As in yesterday when I was downloading a PPV worth GB from the WWE Network through letmeatit the Ram usage started to fill up and reached I then downloaded wise memory optimiser in fear and to my surprise after optimising the usage dropped to and the downloading was on KERNEL NON PAGED MEMORY filling up gradually which leads to Freezing without interruption So whenever the ram usage increased in hours or so I ran the optimiser and why wouldn't I as without the optimiser my download wouldnt have even completed and the computer would have froze and I noticed the KERNEL NON PAGED MEMORY WAS in 's in about hours My computer was downloading continuously for hours but I had to run the optimiser every hours to prevent freezing Is it anything about the virtual memory scratchhead I checked the task manager and resource monitor every hour and the processes and all were normal to my understanding lol

A:KERNEL NON PAGED MEMORY filling up gradually which leads to Freezing

Welcome to the forum.

Post a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390315-kernel-non-paged-memory-filling-up-gradually-leads-freezing.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

I built my computer about six months ago and have been having sporadic BSOD problems since day one. I have tried everything I know to do and gotten nowhere. I'm running 7 Professional x64 retail, and this is the first install of it. My computer seems to give me a BSOD within a few minutes of booting up, sometimes it is memory management, other times it is page fault in non paged area. I have ran whocrashed and it has almost always pointed to nfts.sys or ntoskrnl.exe. I've ran memtest 86+ 4.10 for 4 passes and found nothing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

- Tom

A:BSOD - Memory Management and Page Fault In Non Paged Area

BSOD errors: 3B {c0000005}, 50 (Pool corruption), 24 (ntfs_file_system).

Update drivers listed bellow and if crashes persist test your hardware - memory, hard disk, video card.
~~~~~~~~

Majority of your most recent crashes were caused by the ATI driver 3B {c0000005}:

atikmdag.sys Wed Apr 07 04:47:17 2010

The latest is August 26 2010. Update it. Uninstall the ATI driver and software completely. Boot to safe mode and sweep ATI remnants with driver sweeper Guru3D - Driver Sweeper.

Update:

atikmdag.sys Wed Apr 07 04:47:17 2010
ATI

SCDEmu.SYS Mon Nov 09 05:27:29 2009
PowerISO

athurx.sys Tue Jan 05 05:23:16 2010
Atheros Wireless CB42/CB43/MB42/MB43 Network Adapter

Ensure that all clocks are set as recommended by the manufacturer. Test your memory and the video card:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature

You have other recent crashes caused by fileinfo.sys and ntfs.sys bugcheck: 24. Check your hard drives for errors:

Disk Check

HDD diagnostics:

HD Diagnostic

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [F:\a\Minidump\D M P\101110-20436-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (3 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c51000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e8ee50
Debug session time: Tue Oct 12 05:09:56.332 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:18.002
Loading Kernel Symbols

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800498e141, fffff88005cfda40, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+38a141 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff8800498e141, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88005cfda40, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - <Unable to get error code text>

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+38a141
fffff880`0498e141 488b01 mov rax,qword ptr [rcx]

CONTEXT: fffff88005cfda40 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88005cfda40)
rax=fffffa8005d00a80 rbx=fffffa8005d00a80 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=fffffa8005f593f8 rsi=fffffa8005f59020 rdi=fffffa8005f59418
rip=fffff8800498e141 rsp=fffff88005cfe410 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118872-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

This is the first time that I've experienced this error(s) resulting in multiple BSODs. So far, I've tried clearing my cache, removing adware and scanning my files using sfc/scannow but the error(s) still persists. Hope that I can get some advice/help on what I can do to remove the error(s) here. =(

A:BSOD (Memory Management, Page Fault in Non-paged Area)

Hi Xenoda.

First of all, the msinfo32.nfo file included in the zip is not complete. So we are not having some very important info there. Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file again.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
In the mean time, as the BSODs are memory related (may be a failing RAM or may be any driver passing bad info to the memory), Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the result.
check iaStor in the msinfo32

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338477-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My Laptop restart after sometime after giving these errors..
1- Paged fault in non paged area.
2- KMode exception not handled.
(sometimes it gives no.1 error and sometimes it gives no.2 error)
after restarting it gives me error that ..
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown.

Problem event name: BlueScreen
OS version : 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID : 1033

I am having this issue from 2 months almost. i have tried every solution.. I have purchased new Ram and then again reinstalled window but still it is giving the same error..
Please reply me as soon as you can..
Thanks..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384948-blue-screen-locale-id-1033-paged-fault-not-paged-area.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My computer has started playing up the last couple of days...

It keeps on bringing up a blue screen which says 'page fault in non-paged area"
"Beginning dump of physical memory"
"physical memory dump complete"
then i cant get the computer back on, and i have to switch it off.

Any ideas what causes this and how to fix it?

At one point i thought it was my usb mass storage device, but i removed that from the computer and unplugged it and its still happening...

When i turn my computer on it says "your hardware might not be working properly" but i dont know what hardware they are talking about...

My boyfriends been messing around on here downloading lost or something, could that be it??

Thanks, if anyone can help me. Im worried its going to go off halfway through my work and il lose it all.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Guys,
I started getting BSODs after installing MSI after burner, os i uninstalled it and ran cc cleaner still i am getting bsods, I installed windows 7 x64 2 days back.

I am using MSE antivirus. and in windows update I am not able to see SP1 update so didnot update yet.

System config in my system specs signature below .

Attaching the error log file.

Hope you guys help me resolve this issue

A:Windows 7 x64 BSOD memory management and page fault in non paged area

two of the dump files seem to be identical?

Anyway, all three dump files point to memory management as you stated in your subject.... did you run memtest86+ ? Have you replaced / checked any hw recently?
Could you try to remove 1 mem stick and see what happens (apart from slowing down )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171219-windows-7-x64-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Encountered these two bsods within 15mins of each other. Now am currently running memtest86+ with one stick. If i have no errors on either stick, does it still mean my ram is error free? Do i need a change? I've reformatted the PC just 2 months back because of these two same issues too.

A:BSOD: Page fault in non paged area and Memory Management error.

Hi,

Please reconfigure windows to collect the correct info
You want small memory dumps - "MiniDumps"

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

And here are the instructions for posting:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Tip
Ensure you click the "GRAB ALL" button and then wait for each window to appear in turn and then click OK

For your RAM, run memtest with all the modules in place to start, if errors occur
then follow section 3 in the tutorial.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304358-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area-memory-management-error.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi So a bit of background I have by followed BIOS Paged fault - BSOD paged errors non in area randomly started receiving BSOD's during normal and gaming use of my PC This actually started when the weather here in London started to get hot I do have custom cooling I have never had overheating issues so I am not sure if it is related The main OS is on the SSD which I reformatted to see if it would help I am now using my old HD with the win on it but it has BSOD on here too My PC BSODs many times and will refuse to load BIOS after unless I leave it off for BSOD - Paged fault in non paged area followed by BIOS errors a few minutes BIOS CHECKSUM errors I have reflashed the BIOS and still recieve the same error sometimes I can then either log back on or it would reboot at the windows loading logo The CPU was originally overclocked by about and unlocked to cores with a the VCORE pushed up by around vcore It has also crashed when I reverted back to stock speeds cores voltages but not as frequently It has been working flawlessly over the past months BSOD - Paged fault in non paged area followed by BIOS errors I do not want to replace hardware but I have a feeling it is time for a new CPU Motherboard I would appreciate any insight as to what may be the fault I have attached the dump file thanks in advance

A:BSOD - Paged fault in non paged area followed by BIOS errors

Thank you for the descriptive post.

Firstly your BIOS is really old:
Code:
BIOS Version: 11/08/2010

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00041284, A PTE or the working set list is corrupt.
Arg2: 00dfe001
Arg3: 00000793
Arg4: c0802000

Debugging Details:
These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338590-bsod-paged-fault-non-paged-area-followed-bios-errors.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i kindly want to know how to solve the blue screen problem of paged fault in non paged area.

A:how do i solve the problem of paged fault in non paged area

Please follow these instructions
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270750-how-do-i-solve-problem-paged-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This only seems to happen when I plug in my new Logitech C200 Webcam. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling everything to do with the camera, but no luck. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. The original OS was Vista HP, but I got an upgrade last year. I recently reformatted my hard disk and reinstalled the OS about 4 days ago, thinking that would fix the problem as well. The laptop is about 1 year old to the day. Also, when restarting from the BSOD, the computer gets to the "Starting Windows" screen, but does nothing from there and I must force it to shut down. Any help that can be provided will be GREATLY appreciated, as this is becoming more frustrating by the day.

A:Paged Fault In Non Paged Area BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by dcwill83

This only seems to happen when I plug in my new Logitech C200 Webcam. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling everything to do with the camera, but no luck. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. The original OS was Vista HP, but I got an upgrade last year. I recently reformatted my hard disk and reinstalled the OS about 4 days ago, thinking that would fix the problem as well. The laptop is about 1 year old to the day. Also, when restarting from the BSOD, the computer gets to the "Starting Windows" screen, but does nothing from there and I must force it to shut down. Any help that can be provided will be GREATLY appreciated, as this is becoming more frustrating by the day.

Your Logitech webcam has a hard time with certian HD's read here. Re: Possibly Logitech Webcam driver and WD SmartWa... - Logitech Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119812-paged-fault-non-paged-area-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a serious memory leak in nonpaged pool which happen to be Irp packets Here is the whole story The system is Win Ultimate x which I primarily use to host some VirtualBox VMs Around beginning of May I noticed nonpaged in tag) (Irp pool memory Serious leak that the box started to lock up and it was rock solid for almost a Serious memory leak in nonpaged pool (Irp tag) year before then I discovered that the reason for lock ups is a memory leak that east up its Serious memory leak in nonpaged pool (Irp tag) GB of memory in a few days I started digging deeper and figured out that the nonpaged memory grows from the typical MB or so to a few GBs in a couple of days The poolmon tool pointed to Irp tag as the clear offender I thought it could be some update or new driver that got installed so I restored the system from an earlier image I went back to images as far back as November October and September last year but nothing helped The system was working fine till about end of April so I was very surprised that reverting back to the time the system was working OK did not fix the problem Anyway further troubleshooting with driver verifier log file analysis did not point to any driver with suspicious amount of allocated memory So the next step was to force a memory dump with driver verifier running and use verifier kernel debugger extension to see the memory allocated First of all driver verifier puts a lot of load on the system so it stops responding after few hours with CPUs pegged at Also the system is much slower when driver verifier is running and the memory leak happens at the much slower rate I recently forced a memory dump after about hours of system uptime The nonpaged memory was about MB so I'd expected a clear indication of what driver has plenty of memory allocated Unfortunately not so The verifier provided this output Verify Level enabled options are All pool allocations checked on unload Io subsystem checking enabled IRP Logging Summary of All Verifier Statistics RaiseIrqls x AcquireSpinLocks x b d Synch Executions x b a Trims x Pool Allocations Attempted x c Pool Allocations Succeeded x c Pool Allocations Succeeded SpecialPool x c Pool Allocations With NO TAG xa Pool Allocations Failed x Resource Allocations Failed Deliberately x Current paged pool allocations x a a for CA bytes Peak paged pool allocations x a for A EE bytes Current nonpaged pool allocations x e for C D bytes Peak nonpaged pool allocations x for AECF bytes Driver Verification List Entry State NonPagedPool PagedPool Module fffffa cb d Loaded hal dll fffffa cb Loaded kdcom dll fffffa cafd Loaded mcupdate dll fffffa cafd Loaded PSHED dll fffffa cb Loaded c f CLFS SYS fffffa cb Loaded a CI dll fffffa cb af Loaded e Wdf sys fffffa cb ad Loaded d WDFLDR SYS fffffa cb abd Loaded bc a ACPI sys fffffa cb aa Loaded WMILIB SYS fffffa cb a Loaded msisadrv sys fffffa cb a Loaded e pci sys fffffa cb a Loaded vdrvroot sys fffffa cb a Loaded ec partmgr sys fffffa cb a b Loaded compbatt sys fffffa cba e Loaded a BATTC SYS fffffa cba c Loaded volmgr sys fffffa cba a Loaded volmgrx sys fffffa cba b Loaded pciide sys fffffa cba d Loaded PCIIDEX SYS fffffa cba Loaded d jraid sys fffffa cba Loaded SCSIPORT SYS fffffa cba Loaded mountmgr sys fffffa cba f Loaded vmbus sys fffffa cba d Loaded e winhv sys fffffa cba b Loaded atapi sys fffffa cba a Loaded ec ataport SYS fffffa cba e Loaded amdxata sys fffffa cba Loaded ae fltmgr sys fffffa cba Loaded ba fileinfo sys fffffa cba Loaded abf a stcvsm sys fffffa cba fa Loaded f f d Ntfs sys fffffa cba dc Loaded b b msrpc sys fffffa cba bb Loaded a ksecdd sys fffffa cba d Loaded ae cng sys fffffa cba f Loaded pcw sys fffffa cba Loaded Fs Rec sys fffffa cba Loaded a ndis sys fffffa cba Loaded a NETIO SYS fffffa cba Loaded b ksecpkg sys fffffa cba f Loaded tcpip sys fffffa cba d Loaded e b fwpkclnt sys fffffa cba b Loaded vmstorfl sys fffffa cba Loaded c e f volsnap sys fffffa cba a Loaded spldr sys fffffa cba Loaded c rdyboost sys fff... Read more

A:Serious memory leak in nonpaged pool (Irp tag)

Memory leaks occur for only one reason, and that is flawed & poorly programmed software. You are running some 3rd party (non-Microsoft) software that is not releasing memory after it is done with it. It's the software's fault.

It might be patched in an update, but if not there is nothing you can do other than re-coding & fixing the software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/serious-memory-leak-in-nonpaged-pool-irp-tag-669275.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I have not installed any new hardware nor made any (as I can recall) significant changes software-wise. Nevertheless the last couple days my work at the computer has been interrupted by various BSODs. I have looked around on the internet for a fix for my problems but have not encounterd anything that helped me. Any help is greatly apreciated!

A:Various BSODs the last day, Memory management, bad pool header etc..

Hi Radanle.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus, and if you need Speech Recognition there, keep it.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
If possible, update the BIOS to Version 1202 dated 2011/10/10 from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6T Deluxe V2.

Code:
BiosVersion = 0504
BiosReleaseDate = 05/19/2009
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the results.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffff8a0145d6670, fffff880145d6670, fffff8a0145d6670}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+cbb )

Followup: Pool_corruption
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa80c3352abb, 0, fffff800032ad8b5, 5}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+52b )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312487-various-bsods-last-day-memory-management-bad-pool-header-etc.html
Relevancy 52.46%

W SP bit GB RAM I had a power outage and I'm now getting the above message BSOD I have booted with a boot disc and ran chkdsk R it found a few errors I booted into Corruption Detected Pool Memory Special Safe Mode once and that worked but I decided to run Check Disk again now it won't boot anymore It won't boot into Safe Mode stopping Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption at C windows system drivers disk sys Check Disk starts at every bootup From the boot disc in Command Prompt I ran FSUTIL Dirty Query the results is Drive is not Dirty I ran Memtest and the Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption Windows Memory test RAM tests Fine I booted off W DVD and try Startup Repair It said this disc cannot repair volume From the boot disc I tried to run Driver Verifier it said it was not a Valid Windows application Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have HDD's and when booting from the Windows DVD or Boot disc it lists the Windows Volume is Drive G with Drive C as the System Reserve When the computer boots into Windows the Windows Volume is C I cannot boot into the computer to run diagnostic mode I cannot scan for Malware I cannot update drivers as I can't boot in Not sure what else I can try before I re-install

A:Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption

Try disconnecting the drives that do not have the Windows install and see if it's Id'd as the C drive almost sounds like MBR corruption?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-616207.html
Relevancy 52.46%

For the past few days I've been experiencing random BSODs The computer can be idle and still do it I've already ran memtest to see pool BSOD memory Special corruption - if my memory were faulty I did test them one at a time to be make sure and neither have any problems Vista Ultimate AMD Athlon X GB Ram BFG GTX Three hard drives The BSOD error shows the following Special Pool memory corruption x c xba ef xba eb x c x I also looked into the event viewer and these showed up as an error Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Log Name System Source EventLog Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level BSOD - Special pool memory corruption Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer ToNiX Description The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime BSOD - Special pool memory corruption quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer BSOD - Special pool memory corruption gt ToNiX lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt AM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt D D FA D D FA C C lt Binary gt I haven't done anything software hardware related in the past two or three weeks so I have no clue as to whats causing this I've included the dump file for the latest BSOD If there is anymore information that I can supply please let me know I greatly appreciate any help

A:BSOD - Special pool memory corruption

This is (most likely) a malware issue or a corrupted driver IMO. This is also a Driver Verifier enabled minidump - please include information such as this in future posts. Please describe, in detail, what you've attempted to do to fix the issue - including links to any other online work.

Also, it's not usually sufficient to diagnose a Blue Screen issue from just one mini-dump - so please include all minidumps when posting here.

Please post over in the malware forums to ensure that your system is clean. The reason for this is the unidentified driver apx1gadg.SYS The forums are located here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

Once assured that you're clean, then try this:

Check to see if you have a program called Counter Spy installed. If so, uninstall it (making sure that you have other protection available if that's the only one you have on your system). The BSOD points to sbapifs.sys - a component of Counter Spy.

Finally, once you've accomplished all of this, ENSURE that you've turned Driver Verifier off. Leaving it on will make the system more unstable.

Here's the analysis:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR-RC1-Desktop\TempDUMP\DATA\01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6002 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 6002.18005.x86fre.lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82001000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8210e930
Debug session time: Thu Aug 13 05:41:48.028 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:06:57.900
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck C1, {ba41ef78, ba41eb04, 83408c, 32}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sbapifs.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sbapifs.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sbapifs.sys
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+a17a )

---------

0: kd> !thread;!analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck;.logclose;q
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 8212d6dc
THREAD 88d98250 Cid 0e38.15c8 Teb: 7ffdf000 Win32Thread: fc488e90 RUNNING on processor 0
IRP List:
Unable to read nt!_IRP @ b9f7ee00
Not impersonating
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from 82106b54
Owning Process 88d986c0 Image: SearchProtocolH
Attached Process N/A Image: N/A
ffdf0000: Unable to get shared data
Wait Start TickCount 488323
Context Switch Count 40
ReadMemory error: Cannot get nt!KeMaximumIncrement value.
UserTime 00:00:00.000
KernelTime 00:00:00.000
Win32 Start Address 0x00f3c799
Stack Init ad22c000 Current ad22bb48 Base ad22c000 Limit ad229000 Call 0
Priority 9 BasePriority 8 PriorityDecrement 0 IoPriority 2 PagePriority 5
ChildEBP RetAddr Args to Child
ad22b6dc 820c7f95 000000c1 ba41ef78 ba41eb04 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
ad22b7d4 820e5b98 ba41ef78 0000000... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-memory-corruption-404267.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi So for the past two weeks i have been recieving lots of BSOD's Most of them are IRQL not less than Equal then memory management I have tried doing the driver verification only to have it consitantly loop which is what it supposed to do for me to then turn it off in safemode I have also done a system restore with the same thing to happen I have also tried using Driver uninstaller DDU and reinstalling my driver for my gtx I have also tried reseating my gfx card Oh and i did a complete reinstall yesterday only to find a blue screen when i came home from being out for hours Essentially im out of idea's and i need some help with what this is Attached is my log collector dump if some one could please decipher and let me know which bit of hardware i need to send to a farm upstate Thanks in advance DESKTOP- E TRRQ-Mon zip

A:IRQL , Pool Curroption , Memory management HELP!

<ToolVersion>10.0.10240.16384</ToolVersion>
<LicensingStatus>SL_LICENSING_STATUS_NOTIFICATION</LicensingStatus>
<LicensingStatusReason>0xC004F034</LicensingStatusReason>
<LocalGenuineState></LocalGenuineState>

It looks like you do not have a genuine windows.
You're license might be valid (i don't know) but is certainly not activated.
Please fix this first.

Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).
According to forum rules, we can not help you until this is resolved.
When you have this sorted out, we will be happy to assist!!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46172-irql-pool-curroption-memory-management-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello and thank you in advance for any help with this and all the great info in the forums that has helped me in the past.

Problem is, built a new system, mobo, ram, cru. power supply all new. Runs pretty good but highly unstable,
Anyway, the BSOD seems to happen mostly while doing updates to either windows or drivers. I suspect something to do with the ATI driver that came with mobo but i'm at a loss here as i got same bad pool header or memory management BSOD during fresh install.
Ran MemTest 11 passes 0 Errors.

Thank you again

A:BSOD Memory Management and Bad Pool Header

Hello Darkrelik and welcome to Sevenforums.

Things we need
A nfo file

Quote:
To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

BSOD Analyse

Make sure that your pins on the cooler is all the way in. It seems like the pooler turned bad. Have you installed anything additionally such as software?

Code:
BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000020, a pool block header size is corrupt.
Arg2: fffff8a00c34d2a0, The pool entry we were looking for within the page.
Arg3: fffff8a00c34d310, The next pool entry.
Arg4: 0000000005070207, (reserved)
Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_20
POOL_ADDRESS: fffff8a00c34d2a0
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: poqexec.exe
Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246021-bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, trying to be quick before I BSOD again.

Recently had problems getting multiple BSODs, even though I haven't changed any hardware.

I got the aforementioned BSOD error and ran verifier to see the driver problem.

spqp.sys is the only one that came up that wasn't loaded it said "never loaded". I did a Windows Search for it and could not find it.

I don't know what to do know. Thanks in advance.

A:Special Pool detected memory corruption

Can you access the hard drive long enough to get a hold of the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder? If so, zip it up and upload it to your next post.

What settings did you use when running Driver Verifier?

If the spqp.sys file was never loaded, then it's not likely to be a current problem. But a google for it doesn't reveal any results - which makes it suspicious IMO. Try posting over in the Malware forum for assistance: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-366029.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Dell Inspiron N it's about three years old and running Windows About a week ago I was running a bunch of programs simultaneously and the whole system froze up Or rather it didn't freeze but it was running extremely extremely slowly It seemed like the computer was working a second at a time instead of continuously I could hear the computer work for a second then stop work for a second then stop if I moved Pool Issues Lag, Having Bad Header... CPU my mouse across the screen it would also stop then keep going The CPU usage in the Task Manager would simultaneously fluctuate between to around I CPU Lag, Bad Pool Header... Having Issues think Then a little later I got a blue screen something about a Bad Pool Header The computer restarted did a disk check without finding any errors and I haven't seen it again I'm not all that concerned with this but I'm guessing it's related The problem with the stop-go processing has happen four or so times since the first time it usually happens when I insert an external drive ipod or external hard drive or when I leave the laptop on and sitting open for a while without using it I have to restart the computer to get it to go away Any ideas Thanks

A:CPU Lag, Bad Pool Header... Having Issues

Hi sorry you nearly slipped through the cracks please see if you can follow the instructions here and upload the info gathered http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
I have moved you to the Bsod's section for further help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/cpu-lag-bad-pool-header-having-issues-808266.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there,i keep getting this bsod everytime i turn my pc on and boot into windows,can somebody please tell me what it is,i cannot upload my dmp file is it keeps saying upload failed....here is the imformation in bluscreenviewer,i have also reinstalled 2 times now
thanks
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 fffff8a0`a0e41878 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02dba426 00000000`00000005 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 NT Kernel & System Microsoft? Windows?

please help

A:Paged fault in non paged area

Quote: Originally Posted by v3teran

Hi there,i keep getting this bsod everytime i turn my pc on and boot into windows,can somebody please tell me what it is,i cannot upload my dmp file is it keeps saying upload failed....here is the imformation in bluscreenviewer,i have also reinstalled 2 times now
thanks
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 fffff8a0`a0e41878 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02dba426 00000000`00000005 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 NT Kernel & System Microsoft? Windows?

please help

We neeed the acatual DMP file use these to find and upload it. http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html
thanks

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73159-paged-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Have sony vaio bx560b. When I boot up the computer, it boots up but after like five seconds I get the 'Paged fault .../' error. I booted into safe mode and this time the paged fault did not occur. So I can conclude that it is software causing the paged fault. But if I go to msconfig, is there an easier way to find the culprit other than doing it step by step, that is unchecking one at a time and rebooting everytime until the culprit is found?

A:paged fault in non paged area

Any new hardware installed lately? ram?

I would disable everything in msconfig startup except for things that refer to sony/vaio and your mouse pad (may need audio too)
I typically leave my startup clean and call the programs as I need them. I guess if you have anti-virus programs that you use,
you would choose to keep them enabled. I'm a rebel.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372586/paged-fault-in-non-paged-area/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all i will try and type this as fast as i can before it crashes. lol

Ive ran memtest and chkdsk with 0 errors found. I also did a malwarebytes scan and have a clean bill of health.

Ive been getting them for the past week with different errors. Hope fully someone can help me with this as its driving me crazy!!

Sorry for being short just need to post before it crashes, it happened once already.

Thanks in advance

ooops forgot i attached the zip too.
Thank you!

A:Many different BSOD's. Memory management, bad pool header, chkdsk etc.

Hi RugerBaby.

The zip is incomplete. Please try SF Diag Tool and upload the resulting zip with your reply post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370709-many-different-bsods-memory-management-bad-pool-header-chkdsk-etc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a second hard drive in my PC that only has data on it. All of a sudden when I try to delete files on it I get the BSD. Not all the files, some delete with no issues. Others cause this problem. I have defragged the drive and checked it for errors. I have two of the DMP files that were created but this site says I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

A:Beginning Dump of Physical Memory - Bad Pool Header

to the Bleeping Community SteveZ73  . I have two of the DMP files If there are latest created minidumps under C:\Windows\Minidump folder, please post the latest dmp logs (atleast 5) by :Note : If dmp logs from minidump folder is not allowed due to security or admin permission problem, disable UAC control temporarilyor see this link.> Highlight (holding ctrl key) and choosing the latest dmp logs by hitting enter or left mouse click.> Right-click and choose send to desktop.> When on desktop, highlight all dmp logs and right-click and send to compressed zipped folder.> Upload and share the link by registering here https://www.box.com/* minidumps log sample 010613 - 16676 -01.dmp -> 01 is for month - 06 for day - 13 is for year.* If you use any 3rd party software such as Ccleaner, please uncheck the minidumps box so as not to remove the dump files next time. Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Download MiniToolBox and run the program. SelectList Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544763/beginning-dump-of-physical-memory-bad-pool-header/
Relevancy 51.6%

Today I installed my new SSD, and installed windows 8.1.  It worked for the first 3 hours, until I got the special pool detected memory corruption BSOD.  I looked at other forums, and  I did the Memtest, and it didn't work.  It started happening when I got my ssd, anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I fixed the problem

A:special pool detected memory corruption BSOD

Could you let us know what you did?
It'll help others who come looking for help with a similar problem.
Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582683/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-bsod/
Relevancy 51.6%

Im always getting this BSOD error. Please help me identify the driver that is causing it.
Minidumps attached.
Thanks.

A:special pool detected memory corrupt BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by ceril

Im always getting this BSOD error. Please help me identify the driver that is causing it.
Minidumps attached.
Thanks.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205159-special-pool-detected-memory-corrupt-bsod.html
Relevancy 51.6%

First post here let me know if I need to include anything else and thanks in advance I have been getting memory management BSODs left and right but I have seen a kernal security check failure and a bad pool header This has been happening since before I upgraded from to so I'm guessing it's hardware In Win I started getting BSODs mainly while playing games Management, also + Kernal mostly BSOD: Memory Pool Header since that is what I use it for mostly Chrome also crashed a lot I figured I put something on there I shouldn't have so I decided to wipe it and start fresh with a my student copy of Win With a clean slate SSD and HDD formatted the problem was still there However in Win I could see that it was a memory management error I looked it up and learned about checking my RAM so I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic which didn't find any error and memtest which crashed every time Tested my RAM in another system and it passed Long story short after RMAs and sending parts in I'm sitting with a new motherboard and cpu and the problem is still there Components and what if anything I've done to BSOD: mostly Memory Management, also Kernal + Pool Header test them Old CPU AMD FX- Current CPU AMD FX- brand new With the new cpu but old motherboard memtest still crashed Old Motherboard Gigabyte GA- XA-UD Current Motherboard ASRock Fatali ty FX Killer brand new After swapping the motherboard memtest now completes GPU ASUS EAH DC DIS GD V Radeon HD I don't know how to test this I made sure the drivers were up to date PSU Cooler Master GX - W Used a DMM to test every pin it works fine I also tried putting another psu in from a different working system and the BSOD: mostly Memory Management, also Kernal + Pool Header problem persists RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB BSOD: mostly Memory Management, also Kernal + Pool Header x GB DDR Passes windows memory diagnostic and memtest SSD OCZ Agility AGT - SAT - G HDD Seagate Barracuda Green ST DL TB RPM Disk check doesn't show anything wrong with these I was able to update the firmware on the SSD but trying to update the HDD crashed I've tried disconnecting each one to use only the other but the problem persists Optical Drive Samsung X DVD Burner SATA Model SH- BB BEBE - OEM don't know if this matters but it's connected so maybe I have attached the zip file from the SF Debug Tool I can add some MEMORY dmp files and minidump files if that will help Again let me know if I need to do something differently And thanks for the help

A:BSOD: mostly Memory Management, also Kernal + Pool Header

This might be a stupid question to ask, but have you tested each stick separately for at least eight passes using Memtest86+?
RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60880-bsod-mostly-memory-management-also-kernal-pool-header.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using a Dell Latitude D620 (laptop) running 1.6 Ghrtz and 3.24 MB of RAM. I have been getting blue screened about once every 2 hours. Per the instructions--I have updated the BIOS (I think). I have updated all of the drivers, but I am still getting the screen. Below is posted the error info sent to Microsoft--edited for content

Any suggestions? What else should I do? Is it hopeless? Thanks in advance!

A:Blue Screen Driver Corrupted Pool Memory Used...

Try disabling your anti-virus. It has been known that some antivirus software consumes a lot of page pool memory.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170776/blue-screen-driver-corrupted-pool-memory-used/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, as my title suggests, I am getting lots of BSOD's and freezing, specifically, I've been getting Bad Pool Caller, Memory Management, Page Fault in Nonpaged area, reference by pointer, and system service exception just to name a few. These crashes and freezes happen at seemingly random times, and do not appear to be related to what I am doing, whether it be browsing the internet or gaming Here are the system specs, bought December 2010, it worked well for the first few months. Of course attracted below is the BSOD dump and system health report. Thanks for any help.

A:Many BSOD's, Bad Pool Caller, Memory Management, and freezing.

Many of these issues are being cause by your ati video card drivers and ati catalyst suite please update them from here:
AMD Graphics Drivers & Software make sure you put in all the right specs.
Also please run Memtest86 and test your ram following this tutorial:
and last please check your disks by running chkdsk to check for any errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184921-many-bsods-bad-pool-caller-memory-management-freezing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear Tech Support,

I think my computer has serious problems. I don't know what is wrong with it because it is very fast and works very good. But something it just crashes out of the blue and gives me BSOD. Mostly the BSOD is Memory Management or IRQL not less or equal.

I have followed your BSOD Posting Instructions. The OS on this computer is Windows 7 (32 bit), before I had Windows Vista as standard OS on it. The computer is approximately 4 years old, with "Intel (R) Core? 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz" processor and 3 GB RAM Memory. I also have the output folder and perfmon file attachted to this thread.

Thanks in advance!
Okki

A:BSOD - Special pool detected memory corruption

I don't see any crashdumps. You aren't using any "cleaning" software are you? The problem with them is they'll clean up crashdumps, which we need to analyze (plus most of them can end up being harmful).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-558616.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Heyo all It's been three days that I've memory pool increase nonpaged Downloads usage. trying to solve this problem and right now I have no idea what to do next I noticed that my memory usage would get Downloads increase nonpaged memory pool usage. very high as time went on Windows would use GB by itself with no processes accounting for this This also caused a bluescreen at one point with a Kernal inpage error I've checked in process explorer and the All Users section of task manager but the RAM usage amounts don't add to the total usage All of this memory is in my Nonpaged pool and after further searching I've found that it increases whenever a program is downloading something from the internet I've updated my Ethernet port's drivers but that has had no effect whatsoever I've tried tdsskiller combofix and ran a scan with Avast and Malwarebytes All of which have found no problems Any help would be greatly appreciated it's annoying to have to reboot my PC every hours if I have a download running

A:Downloads increase nonpaged memory pool usage.

Open the Task Manager and look in Processes and watch to see if a specific process is increasing in its use of memory.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556801/downloads-increase-nonpaged-memory-pool-usage/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I've been having lots of BSOD's and not been able to track down the issue.

Tried driver verifier and mem test on each ram stick but no issues.

Files attached. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

A:BSOD's - mostly special pool detected memory corruption

opps forgot specs:

OS- win 7 64
CPU - Intel i7-920
RAM - 6gb G.skill ripjaws
BOARD - Gigabyte ex58 ud3r
PSU - Corsair tx650
GFX - Ati 5770 HD 1GB PCI VaporX
HD - raid 0: 2 x Barracuda 7200.12 500GB S300

Cheers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-mostly-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-492993.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have been getting some BSOD's for the past month or so. These are the three errors that I have received ... Memory Management, PFN_List_Corrupt and Bad Pool Header.

To try and solve the problem I have so far swapped the hard drive and reinstalled the OS (Win7 64). I also ran Memtest 86 on my ram. It ran all night and didn't find anything but I am thinking that perhaps I should test it one chip at a time. I have 3 4GB sticks of Tri channel memory so that is why I am thinking maybe they should be tested individually.

It is possible it is a driver but I have a pretty vanilla set up so I am a bit lost. I really hope it isn't a motherboard at this point. I am pretty tech savvy but I am struggling so I came here to beg for your wisdom.

I attached the dump file as directed.
Thanks!

A:BSOD Memory Management, PFN_List_Corrupt and Bad Pool Header

Hi,

The bugchecks you're getting mostly refer to memory. So go ahead and test the sticks individually on different slots and let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260329-bsod-memory-management-pfn_list_corrupt-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Im getting this BSOD lately when im playing games browsing on the memory BSOD special pool corruption detected internet and generaly by using the pc This is the report i have found in the event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot BSOD special pool detected memory corruption Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C BSOD special pool detected memory corruption -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Klavon-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff f lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xab a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt If anyone knows something pls help me Also im using windows bit

A:BSOD special pool detected memory corruption

Please upload your full reports:http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-686212.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Can anyone help fix this problem? The same BSOD keeps popping up in when working in various applications.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Rebecca

A:BSOD Issues Bad Pool Header

Hello Rebecca,

Your Intel graphics driver is causing issues.

Code:
fffff880`076d9568 fffff880`054d195dUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
igdkmd64+0x2a895d
If you can specify your exact Dell model I can look for a more updated driver for you.

Code:
1: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
start end module name
fffff880`05229000 fffff880`05c4c120 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Thu Oct 04 22:30:00 2012 (506DFFD8)
CheckSum: 00A30195
ImageSize: 00A23120
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
ZoneAlarm is also causing issues.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {cfffffff6, 2, 0, fffff880036c27a7}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsdatant.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsdatant.sys
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+f7a7 )
Uninstall ZoneAlarm and install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

Note
Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

Kaspersky is also being flagged. Running two anti virus programs is asking for trouble, Uninstall Kaspersky.

Code:
fffff880`07dc0858 fffff880`04684000*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
klif
Please answer the question regarding your model so we can get the graphics driver sorted and follow the above steps. Test and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337384-bsod-issues-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey So I think I've found the fault as when I try to boot Vista from both a CD USB it blue screens and comes up with STOP x DE with the message quot A driver corrupted pool memory used for holding pages destined Bad Suspected - Vista BSOD Memory / Pool Corrupted Driver for disk quot If I boot from the HDD it BSODs too and is a problem with quot winload exe quot however I BSOD Vista - Suspected Bad Driver / Corrupted Pool Memory am pretty BSOD Vista - Suspected Bad Driver / Corrupted Pool Memory sure if I can get rid of this problem BSOD Vista - Suspected Bad Driver / Corrupted Pool Memory driver all will be okay However as it won't boot I can't disable the problem driver nor system restore I suspect the problem occured after Windows Update did an update Anyway my problem is the above So how can I disable drivers or system restore without using Windows' built-in functionality on a CD USB I assume there is other software I can burn to a CD USB I just don't know what Naturally as this is likely a one-time use free software would be preferable Thanks in advance

A:BSOD Vista - Suspected Bad Driver / Corrupted Pool Memory

Okay it gets stranger, I burnt a completely fresh Vista Recovery Disc and threw that in... it came up with the winload error again. I really don't know what to do, to get past that error... as it doesn't seem to want to load ANYTHING.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-vista-suspected-bad-driver-corrupted-pool-memory-641714.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey, I've been getting these two error messages and a third that comes up rarely [if I remembered I would tell you]. If you can help me solve my problems that would be I would be eternally grateful.

A:BSOD Memory management and bad pool header no specific trigger

Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for at least 8-10 passes. It may take up to 20 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+

Note
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial in order to rule the faulty RAM stick out.

Tip
Do this test overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290211-bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-no-specific-trigger.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I recently have been having constant BSODs within the past month or so that at first seemed graphics related I am not sure what the problem BSOD Header) Pool Recent errors Management/Bad (Memory is but any assistance would be greatly appreciated Specs OS Windows Ultimate x SP MB ASUS M A XTD EVO AM CPU Recent BSOD errors (Memory Management/Bad Pool Header) AMD Phenom II x Deneb GHz RAM GB G Skill Ripjaw Series DDR x GB Originally GB See Below VID Sapphire RADEON HD GB HDD GB Hitachi SATA Primary TB WD Sata Secondary PSU Thermaltake Toughpower W PSU Originally I had thought this to be a graphics card issue because I had Recent BSOD errors (Memory Management/Bad Pool Header) a prior GeForce GTX die on me It was replaced by a GeForce GTX Superclocked and I was still experiencing BSODs After that I ran Memtest to test my ram and it came back with no errors I only ran the test for a few hours so I am wondering if I did not test thoroughly I ended up purchasing another GB and just replacing the original RAM The machine still continued to blue screen so I figured it wasn't a memory problem and installed the original GB of RAM I am still continuing to receive x A Memory Management and Bad Pool Header errors Any help that I could get would be greatly appreciated

A:Recent BSOD errors (Memory Management/Bad Pool Header)

Typical Memtest86+ runs should be done with at least 7 consecutive passes.

Nothing here is conclusive so far. I recommend you start Driver Verifier to see if it's driver related.

So far my biggest suspicion is hardware. One of the crashes mentioned code corruption where one solitary bit was lost. Often memory failure is not the cause of solitary bit problems, but they still have the potential to do so, in which case you'll want to run Memtest more. Usually, however, this is caused by either a failing Motherboard, CPU or PSU, or one of the components are overheating.

You can check with overheating using HWInfo with Sensors only enabled. Log two 30 minute sessions: one for idle, and one for high load (gaming, benchmarks, etc.). Send to use for viewing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/recent-bsod-errors-memory-management-bad-pool-header-623763.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I built a computer last week and everything seemed to be going fine until earlier this week when I had a BSOD while surfing the internet and running Folding Home on my CPU and GPU I didn't BSOD Memory Page Fault Pool Bad Management, Header, think much of it until I got another BSOD the next day maybe while playing DiRT The first two BSOD's gave me the Memory Management error so I downloaded Memtest and ran passes with no errors I then got another BSOD while trying to play the Kerbal Space Program Demo and running F H on both the CPU and GPU This gave me the quot Bad Pool Header quot error I tried several things after this BSOD including flashing the motherboard BIOS to a newer version and uninstalling and reinstalling my video card drivers I also ran a GPU memory stress test and a minute Furmark stress test on the GPU thinking BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault it might be my problem No issues I booted up the computer today thinking that my problems might be solved and left the computer running all day with F H on full on the CPU BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault and GPU I started the KSP Demo again and got the Page Fault BSOD within about seconds of opening the game I'm at a loss as to what to do next Thanks for taking the time to read through my issues and a big thanks for any help you can give

A:BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault

Hi waharvey.

Before doing anything else, uninstall AVG following http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; as the installed antivirus is failing.

Let us know the results. Will decide about the further steps after seeing it.

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8006662d80, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgmfx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgmfx64.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323599-bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-page-fault.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi.

I have been experiencing BSOD on a fairly regular basis. They seem to occur randomly, usually at least once a week.

I am running Windows 10 on a HP Spectre X360.

The DM log collector file is attached.

Any help on how to solve it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dominic

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62965-ongoing-bsod-issues-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 50.74%

New to the Forums, but not new to these errors. been having them for a while now, it's one or the other and happens about once a day or so, but with the fast restarts and such it never sets me back too far, but I still wish to fix this all.
Included is the SF file for your looking purposes.

A:Power Driver State Failure and Page Pool Memory BSODs here

Hi FlintWebber & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analyzed your dump files and below has been provided a summary of them :-

Code:
**************************Mon Jul 28 05:57:53.652 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Probably caused by : usbccgp.sys

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe000e73cd8e0, fffff800b0d098b0, ffffe000e4c69010}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_usbaudio_IMAGE_usbccgp.sys

BIOS Version V30.1

BIOS Release Date 12/06/2013

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7721

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Jul 25 20:08:24.645 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe0000fdda660, fffff8000ce998b0, ffffe00010b36a60}

BIOS Version V30.1

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7721

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Jul 25 06:44:42.971 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vrtaucbl.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vrtaucbl.sys

Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!GetMaxMapRegisters+5 )

BugCheck 50, {ffffe000cb262008, 0, fffff801abee1dd9, 0}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

PROCESS_NAME: audiodg.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_portcls!GetMaxMapRegisters

BIOS Version V30.1

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7721

**************************Thu Jul 24 17:26:11.654 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe0013f1a58e0, fffff803376998b0, ffffe001418ad090}

BIOS Version V30.1

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7721

**************************Wed Jul 23 18:39:11.179 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vrtaucbl.sys

Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!GetMaxMapRegisters+5 )

BugCheck 50, {ffffe000c291c008, 0, fffff8011dbb4dd9, 0}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

PROCESS_NAME: audiodg.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_portcls!GetMaxMapRegisters

BIOS Version V30.1

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7721

**************************Tue Jul 22 04:42:06.324 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50839-power-driver-state-failure-page-pool-memory-bsods-here.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello ive built my computer mid december it ran smooth to about may when ive been getting random blue screens of memory management. Then ive been getting other ones like Bad pool header, System service exceptions and something about a list corrupt. I also got a few other but i dont remeber what they were If you can help me thank you very much its been 3 months you dont know how annoyed im getting from this!!!

A:BSOD Memory Management, System Service Exceptions, Bad pool header,etc

Seems to be memory related.

Run for 8 passes.
Then test each stick in a good slot for 6 passes.
If you have dual channel, the results may be incorrect, if shows pass.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249436-bsod-memory-management-system-service-exceptions-bad-pool-header-etc.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone,

Looking for some help on these issue. I just built a new system and have been having nothing but crashes. They don't happen when I'm doing anything in particular and sometimes happen right after I boot up. I have windows installed on a SSD drive.

I've tried reinstalling the OS, updated all drivers and BIOS, reseated memory and video card. I've also tried to install windows on a mechanical HDD as well. ntoskernel.exe seems to show up on all the crashes.

I've attached the file, please let me know if any other info is required.

Thanks!

A:BSOD's - MEMORY MANANGEMENT, BAD POOL HEADER, SYSTEM SERVICE EXC, NTFS

Whits

Lets run a memory test

If you have more then 1 memory sticks if it fails test every memory stick on every slot .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286424-bsods-memory-manangement-bad-pool-header-system-service-exc-ntfs.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently built a full computer for the first time and ive been having some random crashes and bsod's. this happens most often when playing games or multitasking. the most frequent is the memory management, mixed with pfn list corrupt, and bad pool header. the program that crashes most frequently is battlefield 3, happens a few times a night at least. shockwave has also been crashing while using chrome.

windows has prompted me several times to do a memory check, which i have, but it says no memory problems found. i burned a disk to check the ram and let it run for about an hour and it found nothing wrong. i did a clean install of windows 7 and made sure my drivers were up to date. same problems happening. if there's any more information i can give just let me know. thanks

any help would really be appreciated!

A:Random, Frequent BSODs. memory management, pfn list, bad pool header

Welcome

BSOD Analyze

Many of your dumps show indefinite cause but one shows problems with Direct X
Source: dxgmms1.sys | DirectX Graphics MMS | Windows Update
BSOD Index Usual causes: Device driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {21, fffff8a005467000, 1650, 1550}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_PROCESS_HEAP::Free+7e )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000021, the data following the pool block being freed is corrupt. Typically this means the consumer (call stack ) has overrun the block.
Arg2: fffff8a005467000, The pool pointer being freed.
Arg3: 0000000000001650, The number of bytes allocated for the pool block.
Arg4: 0000000000001550, The corrupted value found following the pool block.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_21

POOL_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003505100
fffff8a005467000

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: bf3.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800034009b2 to fffff800032d61c0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a437fe8 fffff800`034009b2 : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000021 fffff8a0`05467000 00000000`00001650 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a437ff0 fffff800`032df3d4 : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0541ec90 fffffa80`74536d4d fffffa80`00000000 : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0xfaa
fffff880`0a4380a0 fffff880`0463548e : fffff8a0`0541ec90 fffffa80`0fd7c060 fffffa80`118fec30 00000000`00000000 : nt!ObfDereferenceObject+0xd4
fffff880`0a438100 fffff880`04620b5a : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`05392e00 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_PROCESS_HEAP::Free+0x7e
fffff880`0a438130 fffff880`0461b523 : fffffa80`100496f0 00000000`00000001 fffff8a0`0541ec90 00000000`00000001 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CloseLocalAllocation+0x112
fffff880`0a4381e0 fffff880`04601ecc : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`00000000 fffffa80`116da000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CloseOneAllocation+0x19b
fffff880`0a4382b0 fffff880`04711ccc : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`03a03000 fffff8a0`03a03000 00000000`00000001 : dxgmms1!VidMmCloseAllocation+0x44
fffff880`0a4382e0 fffff880`0471165f : fffff8a0`03a03000 fffff8a0`03a04300 fffff8a0`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::DestroyAllocations+0x248
fffff880`0a4383d0 fffff880`0473f74f : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0af75e40 fffff8a0`043ea2f0 fffff880`0a4387f0 : dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::ProcessTerminationList+0xa3
fffff880`0a438420 fffff880`0473ee7b : fffff8a0`00000799 fffff8a0`043ea2f0 fffff880`0a438780 fffff880`0a4387b0 : dxgkrnl!DXGCONTEXT::Present+0x2cb
fffff880`0a438740 fffff960`001f03a8 : fffffa80`0ff5db50 00000000`e6585000 fffff8a0`08649510 fffff8a0`00000010 : dxgkrnl!DxgkPresent+0x543
fffff880`0a438ab0 fffff800`032d5453 : 00000000`04b72348 fffff880`0a438b60 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251435-random-frequent-bsods-memory-management-pfn-list-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 50.74%
Relevancy 50.74%

I need help for this error... i have read other topics related but mines diffrent.... my problem is exactly like this "error" but it occurs when i install winxp

A:BS A driver corrupted pool memory used for holding pages destined for disk

Hi .Seems that it's a hardware error of some sort, with RAM being the most likely suspect, IMO.I would run Memtest according to instructions, after downloading the .iso file and burning it to CD using an iso-burning program.The iso-burn program that I use is [email protected] ISO Burner - http://www.ntfs.com/iso_burner_free.htm, but there are many other programs which can be used to transform the .iso file into a bootable CD.MemTest Manual - http://hcidesign.com/memtest/manual.html Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic - http://www.memtest86.com/ Please follow the instructions for using this diagnostic tool, if you should decide to run it.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199988/bs-a-driver-corrupted-pool-memory-used-for-holding-pages-destined-for-disk/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys i have had this problem for the past week now. These blue screen deaths happen very frequenlty and up to 10 times a day. These happen when im browsing in chrome or it happens right after it started up from a previous bsod.
I can upload the minidump files if you need them (i just need to know where theyre saved though).

A:BSOD Memory management, bad pool header, and Driver irql not less or equal??

Hi,

Please refer to the following and reply accordingly - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-and-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal-703775.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I have been dealing with all sorts of BSOD's for a long time now and dont have the money to just buy another computer so any help would be nice. They happen at random times ie: playing WoW surfing the internet or just while the computer is inactive. Thanks for any input

A:Multiple BSOD Bad pool header, memory managment, page fault plz help

Welcome
The cause of your BSOD appears to be a driver. Take Verifier test
Driver Verifier
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Send all reports of BSODs that occur during the next 36 hours, while using verifier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244491-multiple-bsod-bad-pool-header-memory-managment-page-fault-plz-help.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there I'm not sure where to begin with my troubles so I'm going to list all of them in chronological order I've been having a few BSODs the past two weeks starting with page fault in nonpaged area I left it alone I had installed a game that didn't work graphics card on a laptop isn't so great so I uninstalled it and downloaded new drivers for my graphics card Installed those Got a virus on facebook where Virus Facebook (cleared?); Pool BSOD: Caller Memory Bad and Management a person's account was hacked and they posted a link to a video where there was a virus I got rid of the virus with AVG and by deleting all temporary internet files cookies everything and even scanning my computer with both AdAware and AVG in Safe Mode So I should be clear of the virus except now my firefox doesn't work Whenever I type anything in and Facebook Virus (cleared?); BSOD: Bad Pool Caller and Memory Management push enter nothing happens I can browse though I'm not sure if it's related to the Firefox profile I'm using right now which was infected when with the facebook virus Decided to use System Restore to see if it would cause everything to go back to normal and went back to prior to the installation of the game and getting the virus I'm now faced with two BSODs Bad Pool Caller and Memory Management I get them whenever I'm watching video not youtube on supernovatube Obviously it's not a peripheral problem because I don't have any hooked on except for a USB mouse I ran Memtest last night and things came back clean I've attached the Attach txt file and I can do a Hijackthis run if that's necessary Please help me out I don't want to reformat everything and start all over again

A:Facebook Virus (cleared?); BSOD: Bad Pool Caller and Memory Management

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225461/facebook-virus-cleared;-bsod-bad-pool-caller-and-memory-management/
Relevancy 48.16%

Good day all, I hope someone can help me with a consistent BSOD problem I've had today.

Every time my Steam client starts up and attempts to download its latest update, I get a BSOD with a Bad Pool Caller (one time out of about a dozen crashes it was Bad Pool Header instead). I have tried the Steam support, but their guides are focused on the program crashing, not the whole computer and I have had no luck fixing it there.

I downloaded DM Log Collector and attached my report, but I want to point out now that Windows has not produced dmp files for any of these crashes, even though the correct options are checked in the "Startup and Recovery" settings.

Thank you kindly for any help you can offer.

PS - I'm headed to bed, I'll be back tomorrow around 7am EDT.

A:BSOD on Steam Update, Bad Pool Caller or Bad Pool Header, no dmp files

Make sure your dump logging is enabled.

Quote:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Check Write an even to the system log, and Automatically restart.
In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (256k).
Location of Dumps:
C:\Windows\minidump

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338303-bsod-steam-update-bad-pool-caller-bad-pool-header-no-dmp-files.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello i would like to know why im crashing so often, literally i crash 4 or 5 times daily at random times, and i keep getting those BSOD's, but all this started when i updated to Win10 (I knew that updating at day 0 was a bad idea z.z )

I will leave the minidumps attached so you can analyze and hopefully tell me what is failing, but i already suspect a driver failing because no win10 support.

A:Getting lots of "Bad Pool Caller" and "Bad Pool Header" since i updated to Win10

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/Here's what I got from the minidumps, there may be more info in the other reports that I requested in the above paragraph. From the minidumps, try uninstalling MalwareBytes.  It's mwac.sys driver appears to be the culprit in the memory dumps. Also, Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen both dtsoftbus01.sys and dtscsibus.sys blamed on several occasions).Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration):  New link (15 Aug 2012):  http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).Alternate link:  http://www.disc-tools.com/download/sptdManual procedure here:  http://daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.htmlAnalysis:The following is for informational purposes only.[font=lucida console]**************************Mon Aug  3 01:43:40.404 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\080315-17531-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 10240 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: [B]1024[/B]0.16393.x86fre.th1_st1.150717-1719
System Uptime:[B]0 days 0:25:47.221[/B]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys
Probably caused by :[B]NETIO.SYS ( NETIO! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+cf7 )[/B]
BugCheck [B]C2, {7, 1254, 0, 90f92eec}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x000000C2]BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)[/url]
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 00001254, (reserved)
Arg3: 00000000, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: 90f92eec, Address of the block of pool being deallocated
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xc2_7
PROCESS_NAME:  mbamservice.ex
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]0xc2_7_NETIO!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_[/B]
  BIOS Version                  080015
  BIOS Release Date             04/30/2010
  Manufacturer                  langchao
  Product Name                  12345
  Baseboard Product             IPM41-D3
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Mon Aug  3 01:17:25.251 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\080315-18171-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 10240 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: [B]1024[/B]0.16393.x86fre.th1_st1.150717-1719
System Uptime:[B]0 days 1:39:32.068[/B]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify ti... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585047/getting-lots-of-bad-pool-caller-and-bad-pool-header-since-i-updated-to-win10/
Relevancy 46.44%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count Memory issues with skill and motherboard memory g Gigabyte RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- A-D Memory issues with Gigabyte motherboard and g skill memory Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled http Memory issues with Gigabyte motherboard and g skill memory download gigabyte us FileList Memory issues with Gigabyte motherboard and g skill memory Memory memory ga- a-d pdf http www gigabyte com support-downloads cpu-support-popup aspx pid I have posted the compatibility guides for convenience Basically I bought this system from newegg and I have never been able to get it to show that i actually have gb of ram though it is installed and ET recognizes all slots are filled I have tried to set the memory to the quot ganged quot setting as all sticks are the same G SKILL F - CL - GBZL still only still gbs I have tried to manually set the memory from to and I continually get boot errors Please help The motherboard says it supports up to gb of ram and both my processor and memory Why can I not get it to work nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I've been receiving a blue screen of death every once in a while, and on the blue screen it states "Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption", among other things. Any ideas on how to get rid of this? I have Windows XP. Let me know if I need to post more info.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption.838548/
Relevancy 46.44%

Dell XPS running windows vista bit g ram supposed to be g harddrive Oooooooooookkkaaaayy well This is probably all my fault really I thought I could fix stuff turns out I dont actually know what I'm doing and I think I may have made things worse To start from the begining- In general I have an issue with the hard drive When I remove stuff the hard drive adds gigabytes rather than removing them It says something like ' gbs out of ' and and when I started I KNOW there was way more general and game computer retardedness issues Memory uninstall issues, than that and I've uninstalled all the programs I added Long story and cleaned out the hidden files so I know for a fact there is nothing there to take up the space I want my memory back grrrar Anyway So I Memory issues, game uninstall issues and general computer retardedness was going through my control panel and deleting bloatware you know stuff the laptop came with that I dont really need trying to figure out the affor mentioned problem of memory adding instead of lessening and I removed this thing called 'Microsoft Games for Windows LIVE redistributeable' thinking Oh thats just some app trying to get me to use games I dont need lets get rid of it BIG mistake After that my games Fallout and oblivion to be specific had issues Fallout wouldn't start something about 'xlive ddl' which I figured must have something to do with the microsoft games whatsit and oblivion seemed to be fine but I decided to uninstall it just don't ask and I started getting this error- setupdll setupdll cpp PAPP Oblivion PVENDOR Bethesda Softworks PGUID cb - f - f - - fc b windows service pack BT Other and when I click OK this pops up- error code - Okay so I thought gee I screwed that up It's a new computer I don't have much on here I'll just system restore it Okay so the manual says restart press f repair system 'restore dell factory image' Did that there was no 'repair system' option though there was one something live device restore repair restore factory image wasnt there tried the other available option and it wasnt there either So I just stuck in the windows OS disk thinking I'd do it manually right And it came up asking fresh install or upgrade and keep exsisting files and me thinking hey thatll let me keep my stuff clicks upgrade it goes through I reinstall all my 'updates' and so on and so forth and everything seems to be good 'Microsoft games yadda yadda' is back so I'm thinking cool I fixed it No The dvd drive wasnt showing up I tried all the stuff the windows support page suggested no luck Even used their guided help I then ran McAfee security's clean up thing and it deleted some registry files and a crap load of other stuff and the dvd drive was back So that was good Tried to uninstall oblivion again got the same error message And now the hard drive is showing even less memory than before when I KNOW theres nothing there to be taking up that space What the heck did I do and does anybody have any tips or ANYTHING for how to fix it Everything else seems to be working fine I don't know Should I just try to restore again but select the 'fresh install' option Thanks in advance Hope thats enough info

A:Memory issues, game uninstall issues and general computer retardedness

Ha that's precisly my problem with my laptops. It happened with a few of my games, I took the suckers off and it kept on taking space instead of deleting it. I'm in the same boat

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211850/memory-issues-game-uninstall-issues-and-general-computer-retardedness/
Relevancy 43.43%

I created a Storage pool with the following setup. Three 3TB drives with parity all in an external enclosure with eSata and USB 2/3 ports. It was connected via USB when created and had production data loaded and tested without any issues.
After a few days of use I decided to see what happened when I tried to access it via the eSata port. No luck, due to a driver on the eSata card issue with Win 8. So I powered all back down and plugged back in via USB. At this point the Storage pool went
into the state as per the screenshot below. Any suggestions to either fix the issue and/or retrieve the data that is in the volume?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/350c9231-e828-4832-aa53-890a2950f947/storage-pool-error-drive-or-storage-space-issues-check-the-physical-drives-and-storage-spaces?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 43%

Apparently you need to tell Windows that you want to use the machine as a file server and that it should allocate resources accordingly.  Set the following registry key to ‘1′:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache
and set the following registry key to ‘3′:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size
After making these changes and restarting, I haven’t seen this issue arise again

http://alan.lamielle.net/2009/09/03/windows-7-nonpaged-pool-srv-error-2017 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/30919e4f-6810-48d6-8769-2cff61f07544/event-id-2017-the-server-was-unable-to-allocate-from-the-system-nonpaged-pool-because-the-server?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 40.42%

My system is running great; fast, no problems. Only thing is, I don't think
I'm getting everything out of it that I could be. Running at idle, my physical
memory is at consistent levels between 1.12gb-1.30gb. I have run Avast, AVG,
MalwareBytes, Spybot, AdAware checks, etc. and I get nothing. So, I am
wondering if anyone here may know what is causing this large usage of
memory. Thank you for reading.

A:Memory Issues

Hi, seems to be a hangover from earlier windows versions, "windows will work better if I have free memory" actually memory not being used is a resource wasted. You have 60 processes low CPU utilization and efficient memory utilization. As you say your system is running well. In other words all is well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memory-issues-348815.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all This is my first post I've looked everywhere for an answer and finding none I've become desperate Here's my headache I have a older laptop Toshiba xdvd with a PIII and mb original RAM I upgraded to mb a long time ago with no problems however I recently changed my OS from Win SE to Win XP When I upgraded I still had no problem with my memory but the computer was running slow so I reformatted the computer with Win XP Since then my computer will not recognize my mb memory chip and tells me my complete phyiscal RAM is back to I've bought a new chip thinking maybe the old one burnt out - that didn't work And I've updated my BIOS to the most recent I've looked at the BOOT INI file through MSCONFIG and I can't do anything not that I know what to do I've run norton anti-virus and nothing I'm at my wits end I've run out of ideas and I am about throw the blasted laptop out a window HELP PLEASE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-issues-14374.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am wdering if someone here can help. I just got Battlefield 3 and I am having major memory issues with it. I have 8gb of memory and yet when I play the game it will hog memory until it locks up the system. I just watched it use all but 500mb of memory! And once I crashed the game out it would not release the memory either I was still only at 2gb of 8 free.

I don't get this at all the game is 32bit and that should mean it is limited to 4gb of memory correct? Or maybe it uses memory and then doesn't release it and uses more? This is driving me insane and I can't play the game like this.

Is there a way to limit the amount the game can access or a program to scrub the memory that works in 8?

A:BF3 Memory Issues

Hi,

Sounds to me like there is a system issue. You're welcome to type msinfo32 in the start menu, press enter and then file | save on the opened screen. Zip the file and attach here. I'll have a look.

And no, the operating system is 64 bit and that's what gives your pc the ability to access more than the ~ 4GB ram. It's not program dependent, but rather, OS (and hardware) dependent.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/5630-bf3-memory-issues.html
Relevancy 40.42%

my commit charge has been vastly exceeding my physical memory lately. this is putting a huge damper on the performance of my computer. any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:memory issues

I don't know what exactly you're looking for in the area of suggestions. You either need to close some programs or look into purchasing some more ram. Without knowing what programs are running, or how much ram you have there is not much we can do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-issues-39913.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Ran many test and found that my memory is not functioning correctly I have slots Everest report on memory -------- Memory ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Physical Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization Swap Space Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization Virtual Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization Physical Address Memory issues Extension PAE Supported by Operating System Yes Supported by CPU Yes Active Yes Memory issues I pulled out the memory sticks and left in the memory However when I went to crucial com and did a memory check it Memory issues shows that I have available slot and that in the other slots I have Why does it show that I have memory in slot I only have stick in slot Ideas Slot MB DDR PC Slot MB Slot EMPTY Maximum Memory Capacity MB Currently Installed Memory MB Available Memory Slots Number of Banks Dual Channel Support N A CPU Manufacturer AuthenticAMD CPU Family AMD Athlon tm Processor Model Stepping CPU Speed MHz nbsp

A:Memory issues

From the numbers you posted, what leads you to believe that your memory is not working correctly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-issues.535258/
Relevancy 40.42%

I just got issues Memory a new computer last week HP Pavillion a n AMD Anthlon processor Windows Xp SP GHZ mb ram Now heres the thing When I bought this thing it said mb ram on the box amp everywhere else it says ram However in the system properties it says mb ram And I can barley keep it over mb ram when I m on It boots up with when its thru loading I have the bare essentals running In fact I have the same thing running on this computer that I had on my other one which was a HP n intell celeron processor ghz mb sdram So whats the problem here My other computer rarely dropped below mb at any given time amp thats when I would run a vsariety of different apps This one right now as we speak on line amp here I m looking at of ram Memory issues I just dont understand Am I missing something Was I duped into thinking i got one computer only to find out it isnt the right one Please help I dont want to call Memory issues Circut City where I got this amp look like an telling them the problem nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I recently purchased 2gb of ram. I bought the same ram that was already in my machine and i now have 4gb but for some reason the they are running at different speeds and my computer seems to be crashing. All 4 chips are OCZ Platinum PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz. Im not sure if this is a motherboard issue or a windows 7 issue but i im not sure whats going on. sound like its a memory handler issue. any thoughts? thx in adv

Hello Drklazarus, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Double check to make sure that each pair are in the same color RAM slots. The timing may be different with the new sticks than the older ones even though they are the same type, so mixing them in the same colored slots may cause issues.

Next, reset the BIOS back to defaults. On some older motherboards, you may need to update the BIOS to the latest version to resolve this issue as well.

If you are still having issues, then you might run Memtest86 to test and see if you may have bad memory.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/24271-memory-issues.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Can anyone help please. I have just purchased 4 1Gb Kingston DDR2 667Mhz PC2-5300 CL5 memory sims for my mainboard an ASUS P5N32-E SLI. However i can only get the board to see 2 of the sims instead of 4. When i insert all 4 sims the bios(Revision 1404) dosent even post, if i insert 3 of the sims the bios begins to post and then fails. 2 sims works fine(2Gb Duel Channel mode). The memory is on the ASUS QVL list so i cant seem to figure out why the board cant see all 4 sims can anyone help as ASUS hasent even got back to me? I know Vista 32 can only see 3.5Gb but if i can get the bios and board to work i can install a 64bit os.

Well it allows up to 8Gig Specs here: http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=397&l4=0&model=1459&modelmenu=2

So it must be the Ram, or the slots you are putting them into
I'd say the Ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-issues.113300/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi
I have about 1 GB of memory and I have made no recent system changes. Something I've noticed lately is that my available memory has ben dropping drastically. When this happens, task manager shows that porcesses that normally take up a small amount of memory are now taking up about 10 times as much in KB. Something else that's odd is that I have will sometimes have three instances of the process CLI.exe running, each taking up a load of memory. I run System Mechanic 6's memory optimization over and over to get back the memory, but after this is all done the graph shows my memory availability starting to decline again. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this or what I can do to find out?
Thanks.

Try running this app.MEMTESTMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/83716/memory-issues/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a MSI K9VGM-V motherboard with a 512MB stick of Comstar DDR II PC2 5300 memory. I went to add an additional 1GB stick of Comstar DDR II PC2 5300 memory and now the PC will not perform POST. If I take out the 512MB stick the computer boots up fine. I've tried mix matching every senerio and I can not get this PC to perform POST with both sticks of RAM in?? I could see this happen if it was RAM made from two different manufactures but the RAM is identical except for the size difference. Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Memory Issues!

Maximus19 said:

I have a MSI K9VGM-V motherboard with a 512MB stick of Comstar DDR II PC2 5300 memory. I went to add an additional 1GB stick of Comstar DDR II PC2 5300 memory and now the PC will not perform POST. If I take out the 512MB stick the computer boots up fine. I've tried mix matching every senerio and I can not get this PC to perform POST with both sticks of RAM in?? I could see this happen if it was RAM made from two different manufactures but the RAM is identical except for the size difference. Any ideas what could be causing this?Click to expand...

well I just went through this a few months back with my MSI mb, for 1 thing you can not mix and match memory ie having 1 512 and 1 1gig, I was having problems with matched sticks from Crucial buying the ram that their site said was compatible and I was still having issues, after 2 rmas I finanlly got 2 2 gig sticks to work. If I were you I would go to Crucial plug in your make/model and get what they say to buy, dump the Comstar stuff

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-issues.754241/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

I have few questions related to XP Memory

first when i click the taskmanager, in the processes tab I see all the processes running and how much memory they use. If I sum up all the processes together, it will be like 150 MB, but in the performancetab, I see that my PC is using more than 300MB. what is using the extra 150mb if not those proceses?

second if I have 2 gb ram available, and my PC uses 500 of it, will my PC speed up if I get my pc to 300mb, or the speed does not matter until I have free ram available?

thanks for advice,

cheers,
patbox

A:XP Memory Issues

I know my onboard ATI video robs 128MB of RAM for its own use. If I installed a video card with its own built in memory, I would get the 128 meg back. Maybe it's your video card. Don't expect an exact reading on memory usage either. There may be some other services running that you can not see in Task Manager too.You should get process Explorer.http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspx.It gives you a lot more information. Set its preferences to hijack Task Manager, so it takes its place.Also from the same site, get AutoRuns. You can turn processes on and off and decide what's necessary to tune your system. That's the best way to keep a lean machine. With both programs, you can click on any process and Google it before you decide what it is and what to do with it.Be careful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201183/xp-memory-issues/
Relevancy 40.42%

About a week ago I installed some ?? Issues Memory New new ram in a Presario CQ - WM I removed one gb stick out of two and replaced it with a gb stick for a total of five Upon reboots my pc began giving me error messages such as a quot hardware New Memory Issues ?? problem quot within the memory and that my drive needed to be scanned for errors Windows mem diagnostics told me nothing other than there being a hardware problem Dskchk found no errors Next I ran Malwarebyytes Malwarebytes found a few quot pups quot whatever New Memory Issues ?? those exactly are and quarantined them Next I ran an Avast boot scan Avast found some issues with Java which Firefox had turned off months ago and quarantined them Now Firefox seems to be crashing A LOT on that pc In fact as I was writing this before the entire pc crashed Needless to say-I am on another pc writing this I am at wits end I was going to try using my Eusing registry cleaner but it won't update And just for your info I have not tried booting either Windows or Firefox in safe mode don't know what good that would do me really I have written the person who sold me the memory through ebay but that was on Fri So I haven't heard anything from him yet Does ANYONE have any ideas Before I purchased this memory I made certain that it was compatible at least I thought I had My next idea is to remove the new memory and put the old one gb sticks back in Anyone

A:New Memory Issues ??

Extra info (Don't know if it helps) Whenever I am notified there is a Java update,I uninstall the old version first.And,then install the new one.And,I just now uninstalled java update 51.And,have not installed the new version (if there is one).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/323179-new-memory-issues.html