Windows Support Forum

Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Format

Q: Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Format

Hi All
I'm Tired Of Still Formatting My PC When Evered Anew Build Is Released
Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Formatting ?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Format

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Format

Quick Answer: Yes

You could upgrade from a build to another build but it is recommended to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15285-can-i-update-win-7-build-build-without-format.html
Relevancy 88.58%

My win pro build hasn't received the November update build while my other win home versions have I know I'm not the only one having this problem but here's my two cents On my xw I upgraded from win pro to win pro as soon as was available some months ago I still receive other windows updates I downloaded 1511 the 10240 November pro build build received 10 win update hasn't the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu Both sfc and dism have no issues I would burn it do a disk but I've read other users say its just reinstalled build instead I was using another random win pro computer at work today and noticed it hasn't received the November update yet either Anyone else with win pro that did get the update Maybe this issue has more to it like when I upgraded to pro I had an issue with onedrive I don't really use it so I only disabled it from win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 startup in the task manager but it as a service disappeared except for registry entries and program files and win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 I haven't found a way to reinstall it yet I know I could do a clean install of windows but that's not my style I move from pc to pc over the years using disk images win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 This onedrive issue is the only problem I've come across that I haven't figured out without a clean install I mean I wiped onedrive from my system completely registry keys and all but attempts to reinstall fall short error corrupted file During the attempted installation it places all its registry items and files including the file it says is corrupt Copy those files that are working on another computer no dice sfc and dism no issues I'm getting off track I was hoping the November update would fix it but now that's an issue too Maybe Microsoft delayed the November update on win pro Thanks in advance

A:win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

RE : I downloaded the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu.

Did you burn the iso to a bootable media, then insert the media to the computer ?
If that was what you did, then you would NOT see the Mount option.
Instead, you would see the Setup option. Use that to start the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36509-win-10-pro-build-10240-hasnt-received-november-update-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

A buddy of mine is looking to build a new computer and turned to me for advice I got some help here last year on my build and I never did post a follow up so here s what I ended up with CPU Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz overclocked to Build Update New Help Build and GHz Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP -UD P LGA Intel P Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX GB overclocked HSF Xigmatek HDT-S mm Rifle CPU Cooler with Xigmatek Retention Bracket HDD Western Digital Caviar Black GB Build Update and New Build Help RPM CD DVD Burner Samsung X DVD -R DVD Burner RAM G Skill Build Update and New Build Help PI Black GB x GB DDR PSU Corsair CMPSU- TX W Thermal Compound Arctic Cooling MX- OS Windows Build Update and New Build Help Vista Ultimate -Bit Case NZXT Tempest ATX Mid Tower Monitor Acer X Wbd Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Speakers Logitech S- Multimedia Speaker System I m happy with the choice I made and never looked back The build went smooth and I m looking forward to doing another one in the future I keep myself up date on everything new that s out The only problem is that my friend is looking at cheaper products that I haven t looked into nor do I have the time Here is what he s looking for Budget No gaming He ll be using the computer for browsing the web hosting web sites and that s about it He does want a fast CPU though TB HDD He already has a monitor keyboard and mouse At least GB of RAM He would like to not have to upgrade for a few years He s majoring in a computer related field and he s a sophomore Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Build Update and New Build Help

As you know you'll get some great help here so I'll suggest that he consider an AMD build. For what he wants to do and his budget he can get a very, very nice build especially since he won't be gaming.

Consider the AMD AM3 Propus 620 quad core 2.6 GHz for $99.00 at NewEgg with free shipping and for a few dollars more there is the 630 @ 2.8 Ghz. Both chips are getting great reviews.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-update-and-new-build-help.139032/
Relevancy 73.1%

Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 to Build 7601?

An Icon Pack was saying install on to 7600 only and after I checked my regedit, I learned that I have 7601 (Probably SP1, I don't know).

Would I have any problems if I install the icon pack?

Thanks.

A:Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 on to Build 7601?

You can normally install icons anywhere you like, on any machine or system which uses them, they are merely small graphics of various types. Unless the "Icon-pack" is using software to install something else, ( in which case be careful what it does), you can install it anywhere.

Some "Icon-packs" make extensive changes to system files, are dependent on the system to which they are installed, and best avoided.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155091-can-i-install-icon-packs-designed-build-7600-build-7601-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys I have a question for you smart on old Working..Can / HD. Windows I Build format New 7 drive? smart people I recently built a new computer with every penny I had so I don't have money for a new Windows license In fact the only thing not new in my computer is the hard drive which has windows installed on it That was my work around not having to cough up another I simply don't have Anyway at first windows said it wasn't Genuine after I put it in my New Build / Windows 7 on old HD. Working..Can I format drive? new computer I figured it was because they detected the new motherboard So after a few days of threats I clicked on the resolve issue now button and luckily Windows did a check on my computer and deemed it Genuine after all Yeeah But here is the issue Everything is running really slow and I'm pretty sure it's because New Build / Windows 7 on old HD. Working..Can I format drive? my hard drive needs to be formatted and have windows reinstalled since it's been WAYYYYY too long I'm afraid if I format and then reinstall Windows I might not get as lucky with the genuine issue By the way this IS a OEM copy of Windows hence my fear I had DJBPace helping me a lot recently so I didn't wanna bug him anymore But when I told him that windows was at first saying it was NOT Genuine check out his reply Reusing an old Windows drive is possible but you need to reinstall Windows due to low-level drivers If you reinstalled Windows and New Build / Windows 7 on old HD. Working..Can I format drive? it doesn't activate over the internet you can call Windows for activation If all else fails you can try Linux I prefer Debian but it will be a large learning curve Not sure what he means by low-level drivers but that could be another reason things are kinda slow It sounds like HE thinks I may be able to reinstall windows Although I'm sure if it gets to the point that I have to call them for help they will screw me over They like to do that lol And Linux is out of the question for me So thoughts Advice Any ideas are MUCH appreciated You guys are the best so I know if it can be done you guys will know how Maybe the windows CD will have a format and reinstall option that will work or something Thanks in advance guys Colin

A:New Build / Windows 7 on old HD. Working..Can I format drive?

I find it amusing...that you are trying to do that which is NOT suggested (moving hard drive with drivers/settings for System 1...to System 2 (new motherboard)...and yet make thisi quote:  "Although I'm sure if it gets to the point that I have to call them for help, they will screw me over."

Who is "them/they"?  If you refer to Microsoft because they want to invoke policies designed to protect legal installs of their product...I really have nothing to say, other than it seems to me that you want an answer that clearly verges on the miracle side of life.

"Reusing an old Windows drive is possible, but you need to reinstall Windows due to low-level drivers.  If you reinstalled Windows and it doesn't activate over the internet, you can call Windows for activation.  If all else fails, you can try Linux.  I prefer Debian, but it will be a large learning curve."

That quote makes sense to me...it's very similar to the advice anyone should have provided you regarding installing Windows, changing motherboards, and activation, IMO.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563755/new-build-windows-7-on-old-hd-workingcan-i-format-drive/
Relevancy 73.1%

I just bought all the parts for a new system and have put it all together I am not sure where this post belongs because I can t find anyone anywhere who has the same issue It could be the mainboard the BIOS the hard drives or the OS maybe all of the above I will start here with XP and see where we go When I try to load XP pro SP It hangs at when I it trys to format the partition If I slave the drive format/install Solved: build, pro XP New hangup in my other working system and format it there put it back and run the install again it hangs at when it starts the install I can get to the XP system install I can partition the drive but I can t seem to get any further Here is what I am putting together case Coolermaster Cosmos S new model mainboard Solved: New build, XP pro format/install hangup EVGA nForce i Ultra SLI processor Intel Extreme core QX ram gigs X PC - patriot - - - hard drive gig X WD VelociRaptors rpm video card EVGA Nvidia GTX sound card Auzen X-Fi Prelude PSU Corsair HX w fans X mm mm in Solved: New build, XP pro format/install hangup door Optical drive DVD rewriteable NOTHING MODIFIED OR OVERCLOCKED EVERYTHING STOCK Everything in my system is SATA I have tried both Velociraptors by themselves with same results I have tried swapping power leads and SATA cables I have slaved them each to a different system and they work fine I have tried three different OEM XP discs with exact same results I have double checked all my BIOS settings Solved: New build, XP pro format/install hangup and had two other people look at them as well The BIOS sees the drives XP sees the partitions and I have tried several sizes ranging from the full drive down to gigs to gigs to gigs and have even tried to load FAT at gigs just to see Always stops in the same place Temps in the system all within norms Everything seems to be on the up and up but I can not get XP pro loaded has anyone ever seen anything like this or have a single idea of where I go from here I have been to several forums Windows Western Digital and EVGA but no leads I have found several issues with reloads but nothing with clean installs Thanks for any advice you can give Eisaak nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future

A:why my windows mobile 10 build has transformed to an insider preview build

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future Go to settings - Info and check build version.
Annyversary Update is nothing else than Redstone that became official and replacing old Threshold, read the news ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436478-why-my-windows-mobile-10-build-has-transformed-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 72.67%

So recently after the November build release I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update After which it seemed my home network was thrown out of newest build. to previous back rolling after find build Cant wack I immediately rolled reverted recovered to previous build But now everything is out of wack Most of the time I have to restart my computer just so it'll communicate with my printer to start printing And restarting the computer is twice as long if it restarts at all Most of the time It gets stuck in the quot restart quot progress animates the rotating circles and I have to press the restart button on the computer tower with great regret and dread Transferring files from one windows device to another is a hit or miss I'm pissed I'm not literate when it comes to networking and was super happy how everything was But now not only is my wifi home network out of wack but my computer itself is wonky I figure I might as well reinstall the newest build in hopes that it'll at least fix a fe of the problems But anytime I check for updates the newest build no longer shows up Can someone please help

A:Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Mount the ISO file, run setup.exe from the fake DVD drive created by mounting the ISO file.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39036-cant-find-newest-build-after-rolling-back-previous-build.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Everytime I try and updated or patch a problem on my computer I get this message (Version of Source build is not target build) and I'm unable to download repairs. What can I do I have tried a few things but same message.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90827-Updates-issue-version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 72.67%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 72.67%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Satellite-P50-A09M-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 72.24%

I am trying to install Windows Build from Windows Build I Install Windows 10586 10 Build Build 10240 From have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows I have it downloaded but it will not install The computer check Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 said my computer is good to go Asus AllInOne Model ET I've tried several times and each time it reaches the computer restarts and then it goes into quot reinstalling your previous version quot and I'm back to Build I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution One website said to delete quot Windows old folder as that may be a problem using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 computer under quot Clean Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 up system files Previous Windows installations There is a quot Windows old quot folder on my C drive but it is full of empty folders I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it There is also a new folder called Windows Upgrade with files in it Hope someone can help thank you

A:Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).
uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433934-install-windows-10-build-10586-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications?

A:Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)

Yes. Mount the ISO file as virtual DVD by double clicking it and launch the Setup.exe to start upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65102-install-rtm-build-14393-over-preview-build-14931-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My current system specs are below is getting a bit dated and frankly I m just itching to build a new computer Since the days of pentium hyperthreading socket and AGP video cards are long gone I m looking for some advice and or guides on where to look for ideas I like to play games although I wouldn t consider myself a gaming geek in that I need the latest card and processor But I do like quality I guess what I m looking for is a decent mid range system that ll make look FSX and Vista look good without breaking my bank I new Want any you'd guides recommend? good system, to build 'build' a m partial to Intel ASUS and ATI but I d really be willing to try anything as I know the market changes like the winds I m not real keen on the latest in technology for instance all I know a RAID to be is something we d Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? do in the middle of the night to the sorority houses looking for panties Any Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? ideas or general directions you can point me in would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-new-system-any-good-build-guides-youd-recommend.70046/
Relevancy 72.24%

I've been stuck on build 11102.rs1_release.160113-1800.
Going to Settings. Update & Security, Check for updates says "your device is up to date".
Checked for updates at least 10 times and always get the same response "Your device is up to date".

I don't want to download an ISO and clean install - I'd like to get the insider updates through
the standard update process.

Any suggestion or solutions?

Thanks

A:build 11102 will not download latest build 14271

Try this - worked for me in a similar situation.

I deleted all folders in the software distribution folder, selected to leave Insider Program from updates menu, rebooted, rejoined Program and then it found the updates. Try just deleting folders first and checking for updates. That works for some but did not for me (it was the leaving and rejoining that seemed to do the trick).

If you try rejoining and leaving, make an image backup of 11102 first, just in case leaving and rejoining should cause it not to activate (especially if you never started from a valid 7/8 licence). Good idea to make the backup anyway in case the upgrade fails (you would then have to go back to 10586 and start afresh)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/41994-build-11102-will-not-download-latest-build-14271-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi there,

I'm looking to wipe my PC, but ideally instead of formatting then re-installing everything one by one, i was wondering if i could just create a virtual machine, install all my applications and move essential files across then just build some sort of image from that that can be installed on a fresh, formatted hard drive?

Just so i can can continue working on my machine in the mean time while everything installs, to minimize disruption.

Thanks for your help.

A:Want to format. Build an image with installed apps on virtual machine?

Another idea is to install the OS and programs, set it up as you like and then capture the image. This keeps it smaller with only OS and programs and works especially well with a separate data partition for the User folders or linked via Libraries. The image isn't weighed down by out of data files but instead if it needs recovery in 20 minutes C is refreshed while your data is current and safe in its separate partition "vault." Of course you need to back up your files too.
User Folders - Change Default Location
Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums
Library - Set Save Folder - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329647-want-format-build-image-installed-apps-virtual-machine.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about to reload the earlier day's image from my Windows Home Server. But it seemed even easier to revert to the previous build, not yet removed from the Windows.old folder. This I did, and everything soon was running fine as expected.

The issue is that the Updates check is not offering Build 11102 again. This isn't a showstopper; I'm sure there will be another newer build soon. But it would be nice to be back up on this latest build, just as all my other Win10 machines are running.

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

A:How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

Hi,
If you have set it on Fast ring, it will be updated after 24 hrs, so need to be patient.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38539-how-get-latest-build-after-reverting-earlier-build.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I built the PC and have all the hardware installed. The disc that came with the mother board is in the reader drive. No signal is detected by the monitor. I am unsure if it has a BIOS.
here is a link to my parts list

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/alanhenry/saved/PNFtt6

i have reseated everything twice with no results.

A:new PC build. first time build. no signal to monitor

have u plugged in the TWO power plugs on the motherboard
have u plugged the power for the video card
have u checked the case to mobo power wire is in the right spot
the video card u have requires a minimum of 500w power supply.......... u have purchased a corsair cx 500 which is not up to the job, while being a fine psu for onboard video........it is underpowered for your system

the motherboard u chose is a tad low end see reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-first-time-build-no-signal-to-monitor.1148801/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi All,
I am currently running OS 7 Beta RC Build 7100. Were do I get this newer version, is there a big difference? And am I able to upgrade to the newer Beta?

I realize that October is fast approaching for the RTM but I plan to keep running the Beta for a couple of months past the Grand Opening.

Is it possible that all the updates that I have received equally add up to the newer build?

A:Upgrade from Build 7100 to Build 7264?

I'm still wondering where people got build 7600. :/
I'm running the same build as you, but this beta is gonna expire soon, so we got no choice but to get the RTM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19147-upgrade-build-7100-build-7264-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

utorrent isn't working too well whereas it usually does and I want to know what is the best utorrent for vista ultimate x64 build 6001 and also what are the best tweaks and settings for the version I should use please tell me the best/most ideall version and aqlso link me to a tweak/settings guide thanks. NOTE: I DO NOT USE UTORRENT TO DOWNLOAD ILLEGAL MATERIAL

A:Best Utorrent Build For Vista Ult. X64 Build 6001

hi ,,, i also use utorrent,,, as regards tweeks, there is not much you can do,,, its more to do with your hardware if you want faster and more stable downloads and what profile your broadband is,,, im on an 6meg profile and achive about 5 meg as im about 2km fromthe exchange,,, i use a site called kitz.com in the uk and they sugest useing a router and resetting the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unitif files collide then it has to be sent again,,, if the mtu is set to high it could be to fast and collisions happen and it has to be sent to you again slowing the download,,, default for ethernet setup on a windows os is 1500,,, to high,,, i reset mine to 1423 and torrents take less time now because files dont have to be re sent.http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/index.htmlook in ADSL tab at the top of the page and then "tweeking mtu" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149849/best-utorrent-build-for-vista-ult-x64-build-6001/
Relevancy 70.52%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 70.52%

Windows 7 has reached RTM builds
and there will be several candidate builds in RTM.

first candidate build of RTM is build 7260.

6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build

compiled on 12 june.

You may ask why the first assembly win7_rtm has already been collected on 12 June not 15 June. There are several working groups involved in the process of assembling win 7 RTM build and will be assessing the quality of assemblies. Once the assembly is collected and its quality is confirmed, only then they put to the vote.

you may take time to understand all of these steps and procedures, so only the assembly from June 12 and June 15, attained the status of the real candidates for the final RTM release.

Edit :Link Removed.
but im not sure in news thread we quote links but not allowed in discussion threads
any reason for that!!!

A:Windows 7 Build 7260 (first candidate build of RTM)

Airbot pls do your job

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13378-windows-7-build-7260-first-candidate-build-rtm.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file

Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.

A:Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46396-windows-10-build-insider-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Build 237 (2015-02-10) BETA

IMPROVED: Malware removal on Windows 8.

Build 236 (2015-02-10)

FIXED: Handling of Proxy Auto-Config (PAC) files.
ADDED: Command line switch /proxy=<noproxy|auto|wpad|http:|serverort>
Example: /proxy=http://server/pac.js
IMPROVED: Remnant scanner.
Download Links
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro.exe
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro_x64.exe

A:Hitman Pro 3.7.9 Build 236 Final/ Build 237 BETA

Beta Download:
http://www.hitmanpro.com/beta

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitman-pro-3-7-9-build-236-final-build-237-beta.42101/
Relevancy 70.52%

Microsoft released Windows for PCs build today the first Insider Preview build since the Anniversary Update was launched last Tuesday The company noted that it might take a few hours for the build to show for everyone As promised earlier this week there s not a the Here's for new Redstone first in PCs 14901, Windows 10 build build 2 what's lot that s new There are just two known issues Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build and one new feature Here s what s new Improving Product Education As part of an effort to explore new ways of educating our customers on features in Windows we are testing out new notifications within File Explorer They re designed to help customers by providing quick easy information about things they can do or new features they can try to have a better experience with Windows If you want to opt out of these notifications you can do so by unchecking Show sync provider notifications from the Options menu in the File Explorer View tab Dona Sarkar head of the Windows Insider Program took the time to mention Windows Mobile which was the one version of Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Windows that didn t get an Anniversary Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Update last week She said that the team is quot laser-focused quot on getting the AU to Mobile and she thinks that they re almost ready According to Dona you can help by installing build on your phone and submitting feedback nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/heres-whats-new-in-windows-10-for-pcs-build-14901-the-first-redstone-2-build.62327/
Relevancy 70.09%

My system computer, is newly build format to missing restart press - BOOTMGR ctrl+alt+del can't is AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot ASUS M A XTD EVO Motherboard GB RAM -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR ATI Radeon HD GB GDDR I am sure that everything is assembled correctly and everything is compatible My system recognizes everything I have in it The first thing I tried to do was install windows onto my system from a burned copy I have as my original disk is at a different location My installation errored out during the quot Expanding Installation Files BOOTMGR is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart - newly build computer, can't format quot process and during later attempts would just stop loading at various percentages I assume that is a problem with the disk itself so I tried a friend's copy I know this disk has worked for him When I put the disk in and try to boot from disk it doesn't give me that option it just says quot BOOTMGR is missing press ctrl alt del to restart quot It's strange because I can still boot from the first Windows disk I used but it will not install correctly I'm unsure as to why I can't boot from the newer one I have I'll be getting my original XP disk shipped to me and I'll give that a try My DVD drive is first on my boot priority list I even tried updating my BIOS from the disk that came in my motherboard packaging I'm going to give it a try on some other OS disks to see if it will format my drive and install Anyone have any suggestions This is driving me absolutely insaaaane

A:BOOTMGR is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart - newly build computer, can't format

Hi and welcome to TSF try post 2 here http://forums.techarena.in/operating...ms/1324215.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bootmgr-is-missing-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-newly-build-computer-cant-format-476608.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey, I cannot update to the latest build of Windows 10. I'm still stuck at build 10240.

Can anyone help me to update without having to reinstall programs, apps etc.?

A:Stuck on build 10240, can't update to 1151 November update.

HAM0511
You do not mention what error you get trying to update. Can you provide your Computer model and  message you get when you try updating to the latest Windows 10 version?
Below is a link that may help you get it installed.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1511
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679023
Relevancy 67.94%

What's new in HitmanPro 3.7.7 Build 205 Beta:
August 26th, 2013

FIXED: Processing of ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad startup entries.
FIXED: Processing of Task Scheduler jobs.

Download

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitmanpro-3-7-7-build-203-3-7-7-build-205-beta.17869/
Relevancy 67.94%

All I would really appreciate your input on my final first Build: About my build, advice order ever C2D to please spec for my first build Intended Usage - Heavy multitasking C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please - Mail browsing downloading movies playng music with Mediaplayer decoding movies online poker - Games - Warcraft Flight sims RTS Other Info - I will be using my existing Dell inch LCD running x - I will experiment with moderate overclocking but this is my main system so I want a stable box that will run for - years - I don t want the extra complexity of RAID - I am not interested in SLI I will buy the top of the line DX graphics card next year the current choice is only a stop gap - Based on what I have heard above the minimal cpu impact I am going for on board sound rather than a separate card - In future I see myself upgrading to C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please quad core - I will run XP as my main OS with Vista on its own partition until I am happy to move to Vista late next year Will also have another OS partition on the main Harddrive C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please for messing around with Linux Questions - What are your general thoughts - How does my memory choice look - Does my PSU look ok for the future I would like a modular unit I won t go SLI but do see myself having Quad core and a beefy DX GPU as well as SATA devices - Is there an ATI alternative to my graphics card choice as I hear ATI is the way to go right now Also I want to avoid reinstalling my OS if I move to an ATI DX card I have hear that you should reinstall the OS if you are changing between ATI amp Nvidia drivers - What s the view on my case I want something with good cooling quiet space to move around in and good looking Suggestions Spec These parts are available in online amp local stores i live in Holland Processor - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - P W DH Deluxe Intel X I changed this from a Gigabyte DQ after hearing about a lot of memory problems Cooler - Zalman CNPS AT Memory - GB - OCZ DDR PC - Platinum Revision CL - - - OR GB Corsair XMS TWIN X DDR MB CL Video - XFX GeForce GT MB will upgrade to DX card s next year Hard Drive - Western Digital Raptor WD AD - Windows XP Vista Linux Games partitions Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda - another of these to be added later for backup Case - GigaByte D Aurora I have been bouncing between a Coolermaster Mystique a Coolermaster Praetorian and a Collermaster WaveMaster now I have this choice PSU - OCZ Modstream W or Antec NEO W Floppy cardreader - Mitsumi in FDD Cardreader Optical - NEC AD- A DVD burner nbsp

A:C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please

Good, except for the E6600. Get the E6400 and overclock it (should overclock well with that board and your ram, without blowing up your processor in 3 years). Will save you quite a bit of money that way.

Also just a personal recommendation. Get the Enermax Noisetaker II 485W PSU instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c2d-build-about-to-order-my-first-ever-build-advice-please.58811/
Relevancy 67.94%

I plan on using this computer for games like FC Crysis Civ LoL look computer build, a good build? this First does like Arma Kerbal SP CoD SimCity torrenting and multitasking gaming music or gaming skype or all three I plan First computer build, does this look like a good build? on building it within the month I prefer performance over cost I have Windows Ultimate -bit I have a quot Samsung T B x Bose USB speakers and a mouse but I will need a keyboard I also have access to wired internet I m just wondering if anyone First computer build, does this look like a good build? has any suggestions on these parts seeing as I am new to computer building I did a good amount of research so far And also if these parts would fit and work well together Thank First computer build, does this look like a good build? you CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus P Z -V PRO GEN ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LP GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Wired Network Adapter Intel EXPI CTBLK Mbps PCI-Express x Network Adapter Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Antec Basiq Plus W PLUS Certified ATX V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Keyboard Lite-On SK- BS Wired Standard Keyboard Total from Newegg nbsp

A:First computer build, does this look like a good build?

The build looks good. I only have one question. Is the on-board LAN (network adapter) not suitable for your needs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build-does-this-look-like-a-good-build.191395/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,

Ive recently built a new comp and put win 7 on it. Now, I was wondering about the new/differant builds. Looks like I have build 7100. And thus far really like, alot!

Should I download a new build?

What are the differences? Will I notice?

Where Do I get new builds?

Thanks alot!

A:Should I upgrade My Win 7 build to a newer build???

The new build (7127 is the only new 1 so far) is available on most torrent sites. If you are having no issues with the RC build 7100 then you may not notice any difference, although, 7127 does seem a bit faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11123-should-i-upgrade-my-win-7-build-newer-build.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have been an Insider since the beginning and have received all the updates during the past few months.  I'm currently stuck in build 10166 and Windows Update informs me that my device is current.  Checking for updates yields nothing new except that Defender is updated daily, sometimes more than once.  On the next page I see a "Fix Me" button, but when I click on that up comes a dialog asking if I want to discontinue future builds.  Nothing else happens.

I ran the update troubleshooter, which reports: "Problems found: Service registration is missing or corrupt.  Not fixed".  I don't know if this is the cause of my problem, nor do I know how to repair the service registration.  I'd appreciate any help as I suspect this will impair my upgrade to the final Windows 10 build on Wednesday.  Thanks.

A:Can't Get Update To Build 10240

What is the latest build you have, which has a full iso?  Sounds like you need to reinstall it, but I don't know if that will work now.  My latest full iso is 10162, and when I installed it, then came 10166 as download, and on the day of the 10240 release, I got it in Updates.

Do you have any important files on it, or was this just a tester?  Obviously you'd need to backup first, else.

If all else fails, use one of your eligible licenses to download and get Win10.  It should self-activate when you do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584176/cant-get-update-to-build-10240/
Relevancy 67.51%

Latest reference file : 1R201 16.07.2003
Please Note Build 181 is now available! This download is for use with build 181 and higher only. Support is no longer available for previous builds and reference files.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Relevancy 67.51%

I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586?

The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build.

A:Update to Build 10586

Try do a manual in-place install :

Use this Tech Bench link and download the Windows 10 iso file:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 > click Confirm.
click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
Installation will begin.
It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

*** after you are done installing and Win 10 10586 is activated, you can burn the iso file to a bootable media such as DVD or USB. You can use that for future re-install. ***

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/43204-update-build-10586-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Avira Version 2014 (german & english) is now available for beta testing at the Avira BetaCenter. Existing installations will receive this update automatically.

Changelog 14.0.7.352 (Update 7.2)

Major refactoring of the GaviDB component, which is a local data base used by the analysis algorithms
https://betacenter.avira.com

https://malwaretips.com/threads/build-14-0-7-352-update-7-2-beta.37841/
Relevancy 67.51%

Running build 10240 right now,can I take build updates from another computer and install on mine? My data plan is getting a good workout with windows 10, ran over last month and got a $15.00 charge. any suggestion on this?

Z

A:Update to new build version

On one of the other computers, convert the ESD file (search C: drive for *.ESD) to ISO file - you can use that to install it on the computer you are talking about. Make sure and make an image of 10240 so you can go back to it before the insider builds expire.

Oops forgot the link....
ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/25153-update-new-build-version.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Changelog 14.0.7.334 (Update 7.1)

Providing the Launcher to all users of Avira Free Antivirus
Updated and adapted Help menu
Several internal fixes and optimizations
Update 7.1 for Avira Version 2014 (german/english) is now available for beta testing at the Avira BetaCenter. Existing installations will receive this update automatically.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/build-14-0-7-334-update-7-1-beta.35327/
Relevancy 67.51%

Changelog 14.0.7.342 (Update 7.1)

Fixed a bug where the IPM (In Product Messenger) slider could not be closed / minimized

https://malwaretips.com/threads/build-14-0-7-342-update-7-1-beta.35810/
Relevancy 67.51%

I cannot update my 10565 build (tried several times in the last days) and , windows update says my system is updated, as i am using the same account of my RTM system, but different system images; could this be the reason?
Thanks in advance for any help

A:cannot update my 10565 build

Originally Posted by Gas

I cannot update my 10565 build (tried several times in the last days) and , windows update says my system is updated, as i am using the same account of my RTM system, but different system images; could this be the reason?
Thanks in advance for any help

Have a look at this tutorial :
How to Reset Windows Update in Windows 10
Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/28624-cannot-update-my-10565-build.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Was looking at BuildFeed, this is the last build listed there:

10.0.14346.1000.rs1_release.160512-1748

Since it looks like RS1 is pretty much feature complete, could this build be the final release?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/50459-could-build-14346-anniversary-update-rtm.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I updated to 1493.10, and now frequently the fonts look terrible - Facebook, eBay, either in Chrome or Edge. Facebook in a browser has clearly changed the font type. Anyone else see this? It;s like fonts are broken - I went into Font Settings and reset the default fonts, no change. It even looks bad at 125% (see attached picture of a random comment list from Facebook/Washington Post). This looks like fonts from 20 years ago.

What should I do - can I reinstall, do you think that might help?

A:Update to build 1493.10 - fonts bad

No replies, so I rolled back to the prior release 10586 via Windows Recovery. The fonts are fine again. If I get my nerve up I'll try 1493 again, but I have never seen fonts this bad - and it was pretty much across the board.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/58581-update-build-1493-10-fonts-bad.html
Relevancy 66.65%

HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b065tx Model #: D7N87PA Hi,I updated windows 10 to the anniversary build today. After it was finished, I noticed a problem with the sound. On broswers and some apps, the sound is much lower than before. It's fine with like WMplayer, or the Groove. Or the the beep sound when you alter the volume, but when I see a video on the net, or when using some apps like games, the sound is lower.What is the problem?How can I get the maximum volume possible out of the speaker?Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Low-sound-after-the-windows-10-new-build-update/td-p/5751169
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone!
My problem is the following:
I'm running windows 10 insidier build 14915 and Windows Update can't see new windows update, only defender updates.
I already reseted Software Distribution and catroot2 folders.

A:Insider build 14915 Can not update

Originally Posted by Reazin

Hello everyone!
I'm running windows 10 insidier build 14915 and Windows Update can't see new windows update, only defender updates.

The only update I've seen mentioned is to Build 14926 and may not yet be available to everyone in the Insider program, just as 14915 took awhile to get to those running 14905. Just requires a bit of patience.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/64382-insider-build-14915-can-not-update.html
Relevancy 66.65%

New fixes and changes in build 14.0.6.552 (Update 6)
Bugfixes of the latest build:
Internal WebGuard improvement
Avira Launcher for all Avira Free Antivirus installations.
With this update all Avira Free Antivirus beta installations will get an update windows where you can install the Avira Launcher with the new mini-gui and the possibility to install additional Avira services like Avira Browser Safety.

A:Avira New beta build: 14.0.6.552 (Update 6)

This version seems in stable release channel now. Can you confirm please?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-new-beta-build-14-0-6-552-update-6.30634/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there all

I am wondering if it is possible to update Windows 7 build 7100?

Are there any patches or updates?

All the best?

A:Windows 7 build 7100 Update?

Windows update, or find a leaked version. Build 7229 is the latest build that will accept RC-keys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15651-windows-7-build-7100-update.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I updated to 1493.10, and now frequently the fonts look terrible - Facebook, eBay, either in Chrome or Edge. Facebook in a browser has clearly changed the font type. Anyone else see this? It;s like fonts are broken - I went into Font Settings and reset the default fonts, no change. It even looks bad at 125% (see attached picture of a random comment list from Facebook/Washington Post). This looks like fonts from 20 years ago.

What should I do - can I reinstall, do you think that might help?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/58581-update-build-1493-10-fonts-bad.html
Relevancy 66.65%

During installation i received a BSOD, first 2 restarts went fine, then another one at around 73% i think and BSOD something about system exception not handled. Scanned QR code, damn thing was of absolutely no help at all. Maybe you guys will be able to assist.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58605-bsod-during-update-build-1607-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Changelog 15.0.11.579 (Update 11.1)

Reduced update download volume for Avira Free Antivirus
Bugfixes:

The module AVGNT.EXE occurs occasionally an exception on Tablet PCs with a Windows 7 operating system (?Bad Image Problem?)
The System Scanner crashes when deleting files from the protected folder

A:Avira Beta build: 15.0.14.258 (Update 14)

Changelog 15.0.12.408 (Update 12)

Update Open SSL
WMI in Antivirus Pro allows also modification dependent on the configuration setting
Windows Action Center messages are not popping up anymore during setup and licenses change
Update status is now shown in Status Page of Control Center
When a silent scheduled update is running, a click on start update will show the update GUI of the currently running update
Other updater improvements
Bugfixes:

Control Center stops working after you close it from taskbar
Many avgntflt timeouts are generated on Avira maybe caused by setup

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-beta-build-15-0-14-258-update-14.52521/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am on build 14393 and I am trying to update to 14905 or 14915, but when computer restarts after trying to update I get a message that windows is rolling back to previous version (my version 14393), without making the update. I tried through windows update, i tried also downloading the iso and update windows via iso and i tried updating via windows media creation tool. All efforts had the same result, which was rolling back to version 14393. Any thoughts? Must be a minimum hard drive space available? Cause i have 55 to 60 GB free disk space.

A:Stuck on build 14393: cannot update

Is your version 14393 an Insider version?? If not you can not update to 14905 or 14915.These versions are exclusively, for now at least, reserved for the Insider. The standard version (official general release) is 14393.105 .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62473-stuck-build-14393-cannot-update.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys! Basically what I mean is that I've created the ISO file using Media Creation Tool right after upgrading Windows 8.1. Since then W10 was updated to the 10586 build and I was thinking of updating the ISO (just for emergencies). What are my options? Should I use MCT again and just create another ISO file?

Another option would be to download a Windows 10 torrent. Since my key is associated with my MS account I figured it would activate with no problems. What do you recommend??

Thank you!

A:How to update Windows 10 ISO to the latest build??

Why not download the ISO direct from Microsoft. Just choose the correct edition

Windows 10 ISO Download

Tech Bench

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/50583-how-update-windows-10-iso-latest-build.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Changelog 14.0.7.468 (Update 7.2)

Fixed an issue where the registry scan took too long on Windows XP
Fixed a scanner crash which mostly occured on Windows 8.1
Fixed the "Loading of component '\gavidb.dll' failed (error code: 1060)" issue on Windows XP
Changelog 14.0.7.452 (Update 7.2)

Major refactoring of the GaviDB component, which is a local data base used by the analysis algorithms

A:Avira Build 14.0.7.468 (Update 7.2) Beta

You should mention name of software in Topic Name.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-build-14-0-7-468-update-7-2-beta.38190/
Relevancy 66.65%

This is just a how to for the folks out there with an L version machine a normalThere are in fact two bios versions for the revo build a normal version and an L version This is visible by looking at your bios menu or using a program such as speccy to see motherboard details Build to bios ha... How update Revo if M1-601 the you nbsp The bios initially provided by Acer on the download page will Revo Build M1-601 How to update the bios if you ha... fail when tried on an L Bios version stating its not the right version nbsp To download the correct version for an L bios version go Revo Build M1-601 How to update the bios if you ha... to the acer driver download page as normal for the m - but insteade of looking at just the latest versions change Revo Build M1-601 How to update the bios if you ha... the search box RHS just above listing to all Another bios will appear the description is the same but the key is it has and L in its file name nbsp When downloaded and expanded you will need to follow the instructions to flash under DOS by creating your own boot disk I used RUFUS to create mine It flashes with no problems at all nbsp Took me a while to figure this out as Acer has done a great job at hiding the bios listing

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Revo-Build-M1-601-How-to-update-the-bios-if-you-have-an-L/td-p/443429
Relevancy 66.65%

Changelog 15.0.8.618 (Update 8)

increased update frequency for the Free Antivirus (default is 2h, same as Antivirus Pro)
effective for new installations
existing installations remain unchanged but users could change interval to 2h manually (automatic change of existing installations probably with a future update)

A:Avira Build 15.0.8.618 (Update 8) Beta

Petrovic said:

Changelog 15.0.8.618 (Update 8)

increased update frequency for the Free Antivirus (default is 2h, same as Antivirus Pro)
effective for new installations
existing installations remain unchanged but users could change interval to 2h manually (automatic change of existing installations probably with a future update)

https://betacenter.avira.comClick to expand...

Woooww this is my wish to Avira and looks it is accepted
This is great news Avira Free users

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-build-15-0-8-618-update-8-beta.41459/
Relevancy 66.65%

Changelog 15.0.9.496 / 14.0.9.120 (Update 9)
One Installer for Free and Pro product
On the fly upgrade and downgrade based on licenses used
Bugfixes:
Server: "Unknown error <34244>" in on-demand scan log file using an expired license
Each update downloaded the rootkit.avp file
Detection and Error icons were missing on events screen of AV Control Center
Upload to cloud window has now a new look.
In some rare situations the AV-Guard crashed on startup
In some rare situations the AV-Systray module seems to have a memory leak
systemutilities.dll will no longer require a reboot while updating
Vendor information in "Program and Features" now shows the correct value.
Custom installlations will now be respected during the update process to update 9.

A:Avira beta build: 15.0.9.496(Update 9)

Avira ...

As a "tricked-out" basic scanner I like Avira...and I like the GUI but that's about it.

It does not protect system settings - like Windows firewall - and worse, it cannot even fully protect itself from shutdown.

Avira's protection model is an anachronism - a dinosaur.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-beta-build-15-0-9-496-update-9.43371/
Relevancy 66.65%

New fixes and changes in build 14.0.6.570 (Update 6.1)
Changelog 14.0.6.570 (Update 6.1)

Minor bug fixes
With this update all Avira Free Antivirus beta installations will get an update windows where you can install the Avira Launcher with the new mini-gui and the possibility to install additional Avira services like Avira Browser Safety.

A:Avira New beta build: 14.0.6.570 (Update 6.1)

Any test/s demonstrating their cloud performance ?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-new-beta-build-14-0-6-570-update-6-1.31972/
Relevancy 66.65%

Please note that Update for Avira Version german english is now available for beta testing at the Avira Beta Center Existing installations will receive this update automatically New beta build Extracted from the changelog these are the latest Update 2015 Avira 10 15.0.10.378 Build changes for Update The Avira user interface is being revolutionized The new Avira user interface sticks firmly to its motto of quot Only the essentials quot Now it s even easier and faster for users to get an up-to-date view of their virus protection A clearly structured operating concept intuitive control elements and a modern attractive design don t need to be mutually exclusive new Avira Interface a new HTML-based common user interface shared between Avira 2015 Update 10 Build 15.0.10.378 Mac AV and Windows AV New Web Protection blocking pages Scheduled jobs now start minutes after the system start Support for Korean and Arabic version has been stopped those versions will be migrated to the english version Bugfixes Various improvements to the on-demand scanner Various improvments to the realtime scanner Installation and update improvements Compatibility improvements with Windows Security Avira 2015 Update 10 Build 15.0.10.378 Center Aligned publisher information in Programs amp Functions of Windows nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone!

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/64382-indiser-build-14915-can-not-update.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I just built a new computer from scratch and installed Windows 7 Pro x64. Install was no problem but when I did a Windows Update I got the BSOD. It has also happened two more times. I have not installed anything else on this computer except for:

- LAN Drivers
- Audio Drivers
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012

If anyone could help me sort this out I'd greatly appreciate it. I've done a few builds before with XP and had no problems.

A:New Build and got a BSOD after doing windows update

As an update here, all the hardware that I'm running is brand new except for my graphics card which is about 7 years old. It's an ASUS EN6200 Nvidia card. Could this be something that is causing the crashes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210316-new-build-got-bsod-after-doing-windows-update.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I tried updating normally using Windows Update. It fails in less than 10 seconds.
I tried using Media Creation Tool. It downloads the update, but at the end it fails again and tell me restart my PC and try again.
I tried deleting the files at C:/Windows/SoftawareDistribution/Download and then going back to Windows Update. It didin't work.
I'm desperate to update because this Build is crashing and freezing in almost any game that I play or application that I use. I'm only able to use Chrome and Office properly. Everything else usually freezes and crash.
Any ideas of whatelse I could try ?

A:Unable to update to Build 10586

I'd use the Media Creation tool to download the .ISO, or get the ISO directly from Tech Bench .

Not guaranteed to help, but it may save you from repeatedly downloading multiple gigabytes of installer.

Your existing Windows 10 installation will allow you to mount the .ISO, and you can then run the update directly from that.

10586 is more of an upgrade than an update. If memory serves, it generates the windows.old folder. I recommend imaging the current Win 10 installation before updating.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32474-unable-update-build-10586-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Changelog 15.0.10.406 (Update 10)

Support for password protection

not working in Quarantine right now
Bugfixes

Fixed problem in drivers update

A:Avira beta build: 15.0.10.406 (Update 10)

There is more for this beta release

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-beta-build-15-0-10-406-update-10.44097/
Relevancy 66.65%

Bugfixes:

Update via fusebundle can't be performed without an active internet connection

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-beta-build-15-0-10-434-update-10.45142/
Relevancy 66.65%

Under Windows Update, Clicking "Check for Updates" just gives me dots spinning in a circle.
So does "Windows Feedback" short cut.
Problem with build 10586, or, busy servers?

A:Can't manually update build 10586

I don't know if MS is being selective with the issue of the update, but I'm also still hanging in there..

- waiting on build 10586

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/29183-cant-manually-update-build-10586-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey, I just bought my laptop 2 days ago and it's working just fine but I cannot update it to Windows 10 build 1511 from Windows Update. After it asks me to restart my laptop it goes through the install but after the final step gets to 100% it just says "Going back to previous version of windows." or something like that. And it is an upgrade from Windows 10 build to another not from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10. I'm wondering if any of you have had this same issue.
My laptop is Acer Aspire V 15 V3-574-5676 and it's serial number is NXG1KED054***

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

A:Cannot update to Windows 10 build 1511

I have the same problem. My Windows 10 version is still build 10240. I can't update to 1511.I have tried Windows Update, Upgrade assistant for Win 10, and Media Creation Tool. Nothing works. I wonder if this has anything to do with Acer blocking us from updating the graphic drivers etc. It seems Acer has "locked" my PC for OS and driver updates. Really annoyed right now. The error message I get using Media Creation Tool is:"windows 10 upgrade failed with 0x80073B92 - 0x20009 failed in the SAFE OS phase"

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Cannot-update-to-Windows-10-build-1511/td-p/442953
Relevancy 66.65%

Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Insider Preview September Update for x64-based Systems (KB3087040) - Error 0x8e5e03fa
Cannot update, I also have to messages for the newest build even though I have my setting on fast. Pro edition btw.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/25845-help-windows-update-build-10547-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have recieved an update windows phone 10 build 10.0.14393.67 on my microsoft lumia 550. Is this is the big anniversary update? If I get update with this build, any bug will arise? Help me guyz

A:Windows phone 10 new build update

1. Yes that is the Anniversary update.
2. Bugs may or may not arise. Windows 10 Mobile has improved but it still remains a bit buggier than Windows Phone historically. Regardless, I'd do it.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437448-windows-phone-10-new-build-update.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, Can you just please clarify the things about the recent i got for my Lumia 730..10.0.10586.545.? Whether it is Anniversary update of MS or jus cumulative update which is released every month, because i have seen the build 14797, which has reviewed by the people and has major changes made by MS in it. But, this build 10586 doesn't seem to have any drastic updates in it.. Please guide.

A:10.0.10586.545 is this Anniversary update build?

You pretty much answered your own question... 10586.xxx is part of the first Windows 10 build, while 14393.xxx is the Anniversary build.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435542-10-0-10586-545-anniversary-update-build.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Since 10576 I get a least one time every day a BSOD with the error message "video_scheduler_internal_error" when playing a facebook game in Microsoft edge,
(New Dell notebook Inspiron 15 3000 Series)

Achim.Unawatuna Sri Lanka

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/db71d3ec-5bd6-4b00-9697-ea4eefb7bf46/bsod-after-update-to-build-10576?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 66.65%

I installed the Tech Preview and registered as an Insider early on and largely rode the updates releases when published until build I sat on this build for a while disabled the Windows Update service and didn't do much with this preview install for a while Now I'm wanting to work with it more and would like to update upgrade to the latest build I enabled started the Windows Update service but it won't update If I go to Windows Update in Settings besides the title bar all I see is a blank page pane with activity dots indefinitely flying across the top Same deal if I open Settings and Can't / from 10240 update build upgrade search for 'Advanced' and click on Advanced Windows Update options Troubleshooting steps taken Reboot numerous timesLeave it sit for many hoursBoot into safe mode with networkingStop bits wuauserv and cryptsvc services rename C Windows SoftwareDistribution and C Windows System catroot and start the previously stopped servicesRan the Windows Update TroubleshooterRan sfc scannow no problems found Ran dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth no problems found Clean Can't update / upgrade from build 10240 BootedReset Windows The process appears to complete I see something like before the system reboots not sure if it actually gets to or if it fails before but after restarting I see a message like boot device inaccessible I've tried the reset process or so times it successfully reverts to the pre-reset environment after rebooting or times Earlier after update attempts I would open the WindowsUpdateClient Operational log and review logged errors but now when I try to access that log I see an error message quot MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it quot I can either report the error to Microsoft and shut down MMC or unload the snap-in and continue running MMC If I open Windows Store I see there are app updates detected but the download update attempts fail with quot Something went wrong The error code is x in case you need it quot Is there a way to download and clean-install the latest Insider build without wiping out my Windows Insider activation registration Any other ideas for getting Windows Updates working Thanks in advance

A:Can't update / upgrade from build 10240

The easiest way to get to the current build is to use the media creation tool use the upgrade this computer and keep all apps and files. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/33455-cant-update-upgrade-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey, I just bought my laptop 2 days ago and it's working just fine but I cannot update it to Windows 10 build 1511 from Windows Update. After it asks me to restart my laptop it goes through the install but after the final step gets to 100% it just says "Going back to previous version of windows." or something like that. And it is an upgrade from Windows 10 build to another not from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10. I'm wondering if any of you have had this same issue.My laptop is Acer Aspire V 15 V3-574-5676 and it's serial number is NXG1KED054541016D97600.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Cannot-update-to-Windows-10-build-1511/td-p/442953/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.65%

This ha... bios to M1-601 if the update Build Revo How you is just a how Revo Build M1-601 How to update the bios if you ha... to for the folks out there with an L version machine a normalThere are in fact two bios versions for the revo build a normal version and an L version This is visible by looking at your bios menu or using a program such as speccy to see motherboard details nbsp The bios initially provided by Acer on the download page will fail when tried on an L Bios version stating its not the right version nbsp To download the correct version for an L bios version go to the acer driver download page as normal for the m - but insteade of looking at just the latest versions change the search box RHS just above listing to all Another bios will appear the description is the same but the key is it has and L in its file name nbsp When downloaded and expanded you will need to follow the instructions to flash under DOS by creating your own boot disk I used RUFUS to create mine It flashes with no problems at all nbsp Took me a while to figure this out as Acer has done a great job at hiding the bios listing

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Revo-Build-M1-601-How-to-update-the-bios-if-you-have-an-L/td-p/443429/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.65%

setuperr.log
Update fails at 100 percent and cannot even use the windows 10 iso to upgrade using in place upgrade the error log has been attached. System is an H61 Uefi on an ssd. Currently on built 10240. Additional information can be provided if requested.

A:Cannot update to Build 1151 windows 10

2016-05-07 10:36:03, Error CONX ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::HostIsUEFIDiskLayout: Failed to retrieve system partition NT path.
2016-05-07 10:36:03, Error CONX CHostIsUEFICompliantChecker failed. [Failed to check whether host has UEFI disk layout.] HRESULT = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:03, Error CONX ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::GetSystemVolumeNtPath: Failed to retrieve system partition NT path.
2016-05-07 10:36:03, Error CONX CFreeSystemPartitionDiskSpaceChecker failed. [Failed to retrieve system volume NT path.] HRESULT = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:03, Error CONX ConX::Compatibility::CCompatibilityHost::SetScanResult: Compat scan from provider wsc:setup: failed. HRESULT = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpActionCompat::ExecuteSysReqScan(773): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpActionCompat::ExecuteRoutine(620): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl<class CDlpErrorImpl<class CDlpObjectInternalImpl<class CUnknownImpl<class ICompatAction> > > >::Execute(441): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpTask::ExecuteAction(3243): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpTask::ExecuteActions(3397): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CDlpTask::Execute(1631): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CSetupManager::ExecuteTask(2024): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CSetupManager::ExecuteTask(1987): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CSetupManager::ExecuteInstallMode(716): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error MOUPG CSetupManager::ExecuteDownlevelMode(389): Result = 0x80070003
2016-05-07 10:36:04, Error SP CSetupPlatform::ResurrectNewSystem: Cannot resurrect new system.: Win32Exception: \\?\C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\NewSystem.dat: The system cannot find the file specified. [0x00000002] __cdecl UnBCL::FileStream::FileStream(const class UnBCL::String *,enum UnBCL::FileMode,enum UnBCL::FileAccess,enum UnBCL::FileShare,unsigned long)[gle=0x00000002]
2016-05-07 10:36:05, Error MOUPG MoSetupPlatform: SetupPlatform::SetSqmDatapoint(DWORD) returned: [0x80004005]
2016-05-07 10:36:05, Error MOUPG MoSetupPlatform: SetupPlatform::SetSqmDatapoint(DWORD) returned: [0x80004005]
2016-05-07 10:36:05, Error MOUPG MoSetupPlatform: SetupPlatform::SetSqmDatapoint(String) returned: [0x80004005]
2016-05-07 10:36:05, Error MOUPG MoSetupPlatform: SetupPlatform::Se... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49534-cannot-update-build-1151-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone,

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta (Build 8.5.1235.0517) has been updated to (Build 8.5.1238.0601). This has been done through Windows Update in Vista. Or you can download it from Live's site:

http://get.live.com/betas/messenger_betas

If you were using A-Patch with the first 8.5 Beta build (above), you will need to download a updated version of it to work with the newer second build (above). Here's the link:

http://apatch.org/downloads.php

Regards,
Shawn

A:Live Messenger 8.5 update - New Build

Just for those that want to know, the original 8.5 MSN Plus! works fine after the update.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/72501-live-messenger-8-5-update-new-build.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have read on this site about an update available on the slow ring to build but I am not recieving it should I be worried When I run the quot check for updates quot it always tells me Slow build 14366 update ring Im up to date I tried restarting the update service gave the same story I use ESET antivirus Slow ring build update 14366 so I dont update WD I just tried to pause the protection of ESET and update WD thinking that was the problem On the update in settings the download of the WD definitions update just stands at I tried enabling ESET opening WD and updating WD that way it downloads the definitions and then after it has tried to Slow ring build update 14366 install it returns the error that it cannot update I tried it several times same message each time I run the winver command and the build that I have expires on July Is it possible that build hasnt reached South Africa where I live yet

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/54051-slow-ring-build-update-14366-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Do someone knows how can I resolve this?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 66.22%

i cant update win 7 build 7100, i keep getting this error 80072F8F. ive tried restoring my advanced settings and nothing happened, i did a few searches on here with avail so can someone help me plz.

A:cant update win 7 build 7100 rc error 80072F8F

Do you mean Windows update errors out or you can't update Windows to a newer build?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/12072-cant-update-win-7-build-7100-rc-error-80072f8f.html
Relevancy 66.22%

is windows 10 build 10.0.14393.51 a feature update or a just a cumulative update?

A:is windows 10 build 10.0.14393.51 a feature update

Just a cumulative update.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/is-windows-10-build-10-0-14393-51-a-feature-update.62223/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have been successfully updating as a Insider Win Insider My 14257 update won't build to 11102 since Oct with no problems I recently did a clean install of build and it seems ok A few slow downs and hangs but generally ok Recently I received notification from MS that build was available for download I downloaded the file as always and it went through the usual prep and getting ready etc When it rebooted to start the install I get a screen asking me to quot Choose your Keyboard L O quot I choose United States and then it reverts back to quot Choose an Option quot I choose quot continue amp Exit to Win quot and it boots back into my build I've tried this three or four times with the same result I have downloaded and run the MS Fit-It for upgrades to no avail I have tried My Insider build 11102 won't update to 14257 using My Insider build 11102 won't update to 14257 a Local account still does the same thing I created an ISO TechNet and it does the same thing when trying to do a clean install Any ideas I have run DISM and SFC scannow

A:My Insider build 11102 won't update to 14257

You can create an iso to manually clean install by extracting install.esd and converting to an iso using esd-iso tool in tutorials section.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/40214-my-insider-build-11102-wont-update-14257-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I updated my Windows 10 pro to 10586 build (not insider) using windows update.

And now my network connection is gone. LAN cable is connected router is fine other PCs connect just fine i even tried changing LAN cables and ports on router. I see exclamation mark in task bar on network connection icon and it says no internet connection, local network is inaccessible too. there is no problems in device manager, it says network adapters working fine, automatic repair wizard can not find any problems.
I have two network adapters one Ethernet gigabit adapter and one for hyper-v switch, can there be problem with hyper-v.

is there any solutions i can try?

there is no 3rd party antivirus or firewall installed.

A:No network after Windows 10 build 10586 update

Did you reinstall the drivers?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/29638-no-network-after-windows-10-build-10586-update.html
Relevancy 66.22%

recently,i,ve downloaded the updates for build 7600.16385 to 7600.20510,the installation went smoothly,but,when the installation completes and my laptop restarts,it will show a message "failure to configure updates,reverting changes" and keep on restarting and reverting until i've to insert repair disc and do a system restore...what is wrong?if i manually install the updates by double-clicking on the updates,it's still wont work..the same problems happened..can anyone plz help?thanx in advance...
i have the correct version 6.1.7600.16385

A:cannot update windows 7 build 7600.16385

Quote: Originally Posted by gamepoint

recently,i,ve downloaded the updates for build 7600.16385 to 7600.20510,the installation went smoothly,but,when the installation completes and my laptop restarts,it will show a message "failure to configure updates,reverting changes" and keep on restarting and reverting until i've to insert repair disc and do a system restore...what is wrong?if i manually install the updates by double-clicking on the updates,it's still wont work..the same problems happened..can anyone plz help?thanx in advance...
i have the correct version 6.1.7600.16385

You are trying to install un-official updates. I would advise to leave things alone and just update from Windows Update, you never know what might be hidden in those updates you are installing

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/38658-cannot-update-windows-7-build-7600-16385-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Dell PC running Windows 10 version 10240 has not automatically updated to latest OS. Check for new updates does not show update to version 10586.
I didn't want to lose my apps so downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and ran setup. Everything seemed to go OK until the PC restarted when the screen displayed 'Updating Windows' and at the point when it indicated all files had been uploaded and started to install drivers I got the message:
0xC1900101 - 0x30018 Failed FIRST_BOOT phase error during SYSPREP operation. The process returned to W10 build 10240.

I've run sfc /scannow and DISM... to no avail.

Why do I need build 10586? It overcomes a problem when using a Logitech camera with integral microphone that does not work.

A:Windows Update not showing W10 Build 10586

windows update not showing build 10586. Have 10240 installed. Tried installing w10 whilst keeping apps using ISO disc to no avail. Got error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 Failed FIRST_BOOT phase error during SYSPREP operation. Returned to previous version.
Tried sfc /scannow and DISM ... without success.
Also tried resetting Windows Update using a script but that's not worked either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-update-not-showing-w10-build-10586-a-1115114.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Just updated to Version 1511 (OS Build 14251.1000)
Now boots to black screen with cursor.
I'm able to boot to Safe Mode w/networking and am on the PC now.
Can't find a Restore Point.
Any info?
I really don't want to Reset.
Pete

A:Last Build update Black screen with cursor

Hi,
There are few fixes in this thread:Solved Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen - Windows 10 Forums
If nothing works for you, you could back up the whole disc using Macrium Reflect to an external disc, create a recovery media with Macrium and boot with it, recover from the back up and see whether it fixes the problem, HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/39074-last-build-update-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Just received a cumulative update for 14342.

A:New Cumulative Update for Insider Build 14342

Yep, got this update here too. Interesting.
I think we'll have a Feedback Hub post about this patch in a few hours.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/50770-new-cumulative-update-insider-build-14342-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

At first it say's there is not enough storage space on my internal drive. Therefore i deleted a few apps so as to free up space. Now, a second problem occurs, it say's i am on roaming? Therefore i can't continue the update because my phone won't update at all! What the hell is going on here? Please give me technical advise?
<edit: private e-mail removed by moderator>

A:My Lumia 535 won't update to the latest preview build.

If you want to participate in a conversation please sign up on the site. People will then be able to send you private messages and you'll also be able to reply to this thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436232-my-lumia-535-wont-update-latest-preview-build.html
Relevancy 66.22%

These are the latest changes of the new builds Avira Protection Cloud for Avira Free Antivirus With Update we are starting with the integration of Avira Protection Cloud in Avira Free Antivirus This is going to be a step-by-step process to keep the workload of our servers monitored With this initial beta build about of all build: New 3 beta 2014 Update 14.0.3.330 Avira cloud requests will be performed Avira Intelligent Repair System AIRS is a refactoring and improvement of the current repair functionality in all Avira Windows products AIRS will change the repair that it corresponds to current technology Avira 2014 Update 3 New beta build: 14.0.3.330 of malware and we are also able to react faster in repair and removal issues to clean up the infected users For example with AIRS we are Avira 2014 Update 3 New beta build: 14.0.3.330 able to delete random generated Registry keys from malware infection which was not possible before Another highlight in AIRS is that we improved the option to change delete as well as create all security changes in the registry which are not Avira 2014 Update 3 New beta build: 14.0.3.330 located to the malicious infected path but definitely made by malware Read more https betacenter avira com nbsp

A:Avira 2014 Update 3 New beta build: 14.0.3.330

Glad to see it finally being thrown into their free antivirus.

How Avira Protection Cloud works:
http://www.avira.com/en/avira-protection-cloud

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-2014-update-3-new-beta-build-14-0-3-330.22701/
Relevancy 66.22%

Quick question, I'm looking for the very latest update for both IE10 as a client/browser and all of its flash player, security, etc fixes. Where can I find a redistibutable download for that?

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/15325-internet-explorer-10-latest-build-update-s.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am on Insider Preview and got the latest build. I rolled it back to earlier build, now I want the update again but Windows Update isn't showing me it anymore. Is there a registry tweak or some other method to get update?

A:rolled back to previous build and but want update again

Once you switch back to Insider Previews, it takes 24-48 hours for it to come through WU for you. Or, you could download the 14342 IP from MS here (not the latest build though):

Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO Advanced

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/51869-rolled-back-previous-build-but-want-update-again.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Windows 10 build 9841 (under Vmware) will not update. I keep getting the message to update as 9841 is outdated and I am set and check to automatically update.

Relevancy 66.22%

My PC attempted to update build 14936 to 14942 last night and got through a bunch of stuff and then crashed.
I tried to run the update again and the same thing happened. The system then reverted back to 14936.
See attached jpg file.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/66334-build-14942-update-crashes-during-installation.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Guys,

I've installed windows 7 build 7048 on a computer a couple of months ago. And now I've bought an upgrade version of windows 7 home premium. I've got a vista home premium licence as well. Is there any way I can update the computer without having to reinstall windows?

Greets,
Milan

A:Update build 7048 to home premium

Well that wasn't to difficult just combine the following two links.
How to Upgrade the Windows 7 RC to RTM (Final Release) :: the How-To Geek
UNAWAVE - Downgrade Ultimate to Home Premium or Professional
I'll try it tomorrow!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/45347-update-build-7048-home-premium.html