Windows Support Forum

Problem with one of the User accounts

Q: Problem with one of the User accounts

I have Win 7 Ultimate and have 3 user accounts, say A (an admin), B (a standard) and C (a standard). I don't seem to notice any problems logging in into user A and B.

However, I noticed that when my daughter tried to log in into her account (i.e user C), she sometimes got a dark blank screen. As far as I remembered, it had happened like twice or three times. I had to do Cnt-Alt-Del, and then chose "log off". Then I tried logging in again and it would normally work.

Yesterday, it happened again, and when I tried to logging in (I tried it twice), it didn't work. So I finally have to restart the PC and then it worked.

I am not sure what the problem is. I would appreciate any help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problem with one of the User accounts

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Problem with one of the User accounts

Check out your event viewer/windows/application log for any critical errors and post them in your next reply...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/46814-problem-one-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am using Vista Home Premium Registry - User on Leaks User Problem Accounts -bit and I am having problem logging in using my user account An error flagged quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User Account Profile cannot be loaded quot The Event Viewer window has these details Windows detected your registry file is still in use by User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES I was able to logged in through Safe Mode but still an error flagged in status bar that the profile was not properly loaded Although I was able to copy all data from that user account to a new account can I still troubleshoot the problem and be able to log in using the old user account I have all my shortcuts and archives there and quot every customized thing quot Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts

Hi aice and welcome to Vista Forums

Have you checked the information in the following Tutorial?

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223345-user-registry-leaks-problem-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 62.35%

When trying to connect ipod it tells me it cant find my music folder, using tweak i try to assign my music folder but it does not show up in the drop down box. It seems my user accounts have been corrupted or become too confused...can you help me re establish a working accounts and all its correct settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-problem.459571/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi there guys,
I have a problem that is bothering me quite some time now and I finally decided to post here...
here's the thing:
Anyway I open Control panel>>User accounts I get this:

The curious thing is that this happens only on my sister and my parents' accounts (so 2 accounts out of 3) but everything seems good on my account. I tried making a new account but the problem appears there too...
Also on those two accounts MSN Live Messenger isn't working i.e. freezes and its impossible to write the email and the password :S :S
Could anyone guess what might be the problem to this and why its happening only on their accounts?
Pleaseeee helppp!
Thanks in advance!

A:User accounts problem :( Help please :(:(

What type of accounts are the two inoperative ones? Set as Administrator or Limited?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-problem-help-please-187353.html
Relevancy 62.35%

So I accidentally changed my computers SID and my system created a new user account "Taylor-TaylorPC" Where my old username was Taylor and my computer name is TaylorPC. It locked me out of my old user folder, so I can't access my files. What should I do? If there's no solution, how can I back up the files if I can't access them?

A:Problem With User Accounts

I am assuming that the new user has administrator access - assuming this you should be able to right click on the old user name folder under c:\users and use properties - advanced - and ownership to take ownership of the folder tree
This should allow yyou to ceess the folders and contents (if UAC is active you may find that it asks for elevation )
Without Administrator access things are possible but will be a lot more difficult

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/25867-problem-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi, I was wanting to change my log-in password for my main username, as my brother got hold of it. I went to the Control Panel and double clicked 'User Accounts' to get the User Accounts page to pop up. Unfortunatley, it didn't, so I tried it a few more times and nothing happened. I then rebooted my pc and tried again, but the User Accounts window never opened. It has been doing this for 3 months now and is really annoying everyone who uses this pc as we all want to change our log-in names, pictures and passwords. Please can you help me to sort this.

My PC Info If Needed:

Intel Pentium IIII CPU 2.50 GHz
2.49GHz, 224MB of RAM.

Thank You In Advance.

A:'User Accounts' Problem ... help Please.

welcome
i believe you need to log in as administrator
boot to safe mode, tap f8 as you first start up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-problem-help-please-93881.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My User Accounts window just won't open up. In the control panel, when I click on it, the hour glass cursor appears for about 3 seconds, and then stops. No window opens up! All the other shortcuts in the control panel work just fine. I've tried accessing it through the Run command, but nothing comes up. I've restarted my computer many times, which hasn't seemed to do anything, and the account I am using is the only one on the computer. What should I do? Thanks.

A:Problem with User Accounts

Give this a try http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-user-accounts-57164.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have set-up my Windows XP Home system so that there is one administrator and one limited user I am attempting Problem User Accounts to allow some of the folders within quot My Documents quot User Accounts Problem to User Accounts Problem be available to the limited user and some not to be However whatever settings I seem to set in the administrator account whenever in User Accounts Problem the limited user account when clicking on quot My Documents quot of the administrator it says access denied I understand that the default is meant to be that all files are available to all local users unless otherwise specified To specify this you right-click on the folder go to properties and then the sharing tab and then select quot Make this folder private quot I want to set it so that some of the folders are private and some are available to limited users however even when none of the folders are selected to be private the limited user cannot access anything I noticed that you can move any folders you want to the shared folder however this is unsatisfactory for me as the command line for all of the files has consequently changed and causes me numerous problems elsewhere I hope someone can advise Thanks Jon nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

The main user account used on this computer is the family account but for some reason although no new accounts have been created, all of the documents and settings of this user have been placed under a different user called Family_2. At the log on screen there is no other user, just family. All our documents and emails are basically hidden in the computer and I don't know how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Problem with user accounts

possible the user profile is corrupted.
try creating a new user and see everythign works in it.

Then login as administrator and copy the stuff from old profile to new profile.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-user-accounts-79674.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Just had a problem with my computer It runs Windows XP Home Edition I was opening internet explorer earlier and the screen went crazy and the computer froze and made this weird beep noise I manually shut it down restarted and tried to go to my account on the computer There are user accounts on this computer I got back to the desktop and tried to open internet explorer back up but it wouldn t open Nothing will Not even My Computer or Recycle Bin I can user accounts problem XP barely get the Start Menu up I finally got the Start Menu up and restarted and tried again but the same thing happened So I went to the other user account on the computer and everything was as smooth as can be Internet runs fine and the speed is perfect I am on that account XP user accounts problem right now I tried to delete the other account but it wouldn t let me the window just froze I did a virus check and it came back clean I didn t think it would affect just one user anyways but just did as a precaution Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Recently the hard drive on my PC was wiped I got the PC back with one admin account on Problem Accounts User it User Accounts Problem quot Owner quot I go ahead and put the other accounts I had on before admin for myself and other limited accounts Now when I next load up the PC it should to my understanding go to the Welcome Screen and the Owner account should be hidden showing only the accounts I put on ready for who ever to log on User Accounts Problem But it doesn't it goes and logs straight into the Owner account So I try to use the admin account I created to delete it I can't - the option simply isn't there So I create another account and still can't - but the option is there to delete the other account that was an admin setting Basically I want XP to load up on the welcome screen not auto logging in to the quot Owner quot account with it being hid from that menu like it should be any ideas

A:User Accounts Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by madden1706

Recently the hard drive on my PC was wiped.

I got the PC back with one admin account on it, "Owner".
I go ahead and put the other accounts I had on before, 1 admin for myself and 3 other limited accounts.

Now when I next load up the PC it should to my understanding go to the Welcome Screen and the Owner account should be hidden showing only the 4 accounts I put on ready for who ever to log on.

But it doesn't, it goes and logs straight into the Owner account.

So, I try to use the admin account I created to delete it. I can't - the option simply isn't there. So I create another account and still can't - but the option is there to delete the other account that was an admin setting.

Basically I want XP to load up on the welcome screen not auto logging in to the "Owner" account, with it being hid from that menu like it should be.... any ideas?

Have a look at this article.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-problem-336059.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My wife has a standard user account, but recently tryed to log on and access was denied and a temporary account was automatically used.
I looked in the event viewer and got this message: Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. - What has gone wrong, and how do I fix it? Please help, it's driving me nuts!

A:User accounts problem

This problem may occur if the directory that is associated with the account has been deleted from the Documents and Settings folder.

1. Start the computer in Safe Mode, and then restart the computer.
a. After the Power On Self Test (POST), press the F8 key.
b. On the Windows Advanced Options menu, use the ARROW keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
c. When you are prompted to select the operating system to start, select Windows XP <edition>, where <edition> is the edition of Windows XP that you have installed, and then press ENTER.
2. Log on as Administrator.
a. On the "To begin, click your user name" screen, click Administrator.
b. Type the administrator password, and then press ENTER.

Note In some cases, the Administrator password may be set to a blank password. In this case, do not type a password before you press ENTER.
3. In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
4. Create a new user account. Windows makes a new directory for the account in the Documents and Settings folder.
5. Quit the User Accounts tool, and then restart the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-accounts-problem-306344.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

You guys have helped me with problems in the past, hopefully you can do the same again

I have 3 user accounts on my computer (Mine, the wifes and the childrens). None of them have any passwords attached to them.

Recently when switching from user to user i get prompted for a password, obviuosly as i have never set up any on the accounts i am unable to access the accounts and have to restart the computer. Once it has rebooted i am able to select any of the users without a password being required.

Any ideas why this is happening??
thanks

A:User Accounts Problem

For which accounts does this apply to? Just yours or all of them. If it is only one then mabye someone has put a password on them. Try doing a system restore (solves %30 of computer issues) and the see if the password is required.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109261/user-accounts-problem/
Relevancy 62.35%

Please help!!!

On XP Home (SP2), one of my user accounts has randomly disappeared from the Welcome Screen, from the User Accounts section of the Control Panel, and from the User Accounts window that comes up when running "control userpasswords2".

However, it hasn't completely gone - the account's document folders still exist, and when I try to recreate it, I get the message "The account already exists".

I don't mind whether the solution is to get the account back or get rid of it completely so I can make a new one - it's just annoying to be halfway between the two!

Thanks in advance!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-problem.361586/
Relevancy 62.35%

On the original user account the Internet connects automatically as it is set up to do (BT broadband modem). However the Internet will only work on my other 2 user accounts if the original one has been logged onto. All the accounts have full access, what can I do to stop this happening?

Thanks
Lydia

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-user-accounts-277899.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a dell insprion 1501, running xp home version sp2, norton 360 for security. I got a virus that trashed my main user account, I can get onto the guest account and get online, and do almost everything except anything the administrator needs to do, In safe mode I can get into both accounts, the virus turned off by system restore, so I can't restore, i think it deleated drivers, when I log on using safe mode i get a screen that fills the whole monitor which reads multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system32\drivers\isapnp.sys
\ftdisk.sys
\partMgr.sys
then every line is the same except a different ****.sy name.
I have gone in under safe mode and created a new admin user, but when I try to go into regular it crashes just like the main one does.
I don't know if I have to reformat the computer and reinstall windows or what. Help Please

A:[SOLVED] problem with one of two user accounts

It sounds like that virus is still wreaking havoc on your PC. Have you tried logging in as the default Administrator account? It may be quicker to wipe your computer clean and start fresh, but if you would rather just remove the viruses then follow the instructions below. You may need to do part of these steps in safe mode.

We recommend that you read this article?
"NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section of the forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

After your system has been verified as clean, if your are still experiencing those problems come back here and we will assist you further.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-problem-with-one-of-two-user-accounts-332005.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi this is sort of a two-part help-request Recently when trying to access the User Accounts option in Control Panel it keeps opening a blank NotePad with the error message quot The filename directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect quot Although I can still log in and log off normally and everything Also I have & Log problem User Accounts Hijackthis set my computer to Auto-login In case it may help shed User Accounts problem & Hijackthis Log some light on the situation and also b c i want to do a check up anyways lol here s my Hijackthis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock TrayServer exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System S apphk exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe C PROGRA BILLPS WINPAT WinPatrol exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C Program Files ICQPlus VPlus exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Avant Browser iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner CuDzY Maintenance HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my myway com my jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchasst htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ca hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ca hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll Prd ie amp Pver amp Ar ie update amp O b R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http my myway com my jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar runonce amp pver amp plcid x O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - BHO no name - A -F B - D -AE A- D CF - C PROGRA DLExpert dll iehelper dll O - BHO Guard-IE - D F F - A- B- - A B ACA - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar Guard-IE - C D- C - -BB - BFF FA F DA - no file O - HKLM Run A Stardock TrayMonitor quot C Program Files Commo... Read more

A:User Accounts problem & Hijackthis Log

Christina, if you have not already resolved this, this solution suggested at a couple of sites worked for me -

Reenable, or enable the Microsoft HTA (Hypertext application) facility.

HTA permits active content on web pages and is recognized as very insecure, since it permits those web pages to run as applications on your machine. Many machines have disabled HTA as a result, some using a security application called "HTA Stop". Others have removed the file association for the .hta file type so it is unassociated.

In any case, the User Accounts module of the Control Panel apparently requires that the HTA facility be running - because reestablishing the file association and using HTA Stop to restart HTA fixed my problem, which was apparently identical to yours.

You can use the command (DOS) window with the "assoc" command to check and establish the .hta file type association. Check with "assoc .hta". Establish with "assoc .hta=htafile"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-problem-hijackthis-log.225217/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello everyone, this is my first post here; now seems like as good a time as any to start.

The problem I'm having is, essentially, that I can't log in to any of my user accounts. My computer will load to the screen where the accounts are displayed, but when I click on any of them it will load for a moment, then go back to the same screen. It won't prompt me to enter a password; it just seems to be stuck in a loop. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet that specifically addresses this issue. I hope I described it in enough detail.
If it helps any, I'm using a Dell Latitude D620 laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385738-problem-logging-into-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there,

this problem just surfaced a few days ago where i've left my PC vacant ( because i went overseas ).

Currently I have 2 user accounts ( one is Administrator and one is ABC ). Admin is the one which was default and never used. i've always used ABC account ( i set it to auto login and no password demand upon login ) to do all my things. however, now it just logs in automatically to the Administrator account, and all my settings are not in this account. since it was a default account, winxp doesn't allow me to delete it. what can i do in order to login straight to ABC and not login to any other account ever again? also, what caused this problem? would like to know so i can prevent it from happening again. thanks!

A:problem with user accounts. (login)

Click Start, Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2, and click Ok. Select the user account from the list (the account to which you want to automatically logon). Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option, and click Ok. Type the user account password (if it has one) and complete the process.http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/208452/problem-with-user-accounts-login/
Relevancy 61.92%

I had to use the Acer eRecovery on my Desktop pc after it kept shutting down without warning. The eRecovery told me it would back up all my user accounts data on my hard drive and that I could recover them when it had finished the re-install.

Following the re-install of the OS I have found the user account data but I have no idea how to move it all back to where it used to be.

Can anyone help?

A:Problem with user accounts after doing a recovery

default user directories are: c:\Users\<account user name>
Sub directories will include (Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, Favorites, My Documents, My Music, My Pictures and My Videos)

Your saved user data should still contain subdirectories with similiar, if not identicle name.

You can simply copy the User's sub directories and paste them into the default C:\Users\<User account name> select replace and you should be good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/145007-problem-user-accounts-after-doing-recovery.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Just got a new dell with XP Pro installed. I have to log off in order to switch users. When I try to just switch users, the welcome screen flashes to my desktop and then back to the welcome screen and won't let me do anything else until I log off the original user. I have the fast user switch active and have confirmed that the RPC, fast user switch and terminal services are on and on automatic. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

A:Switching user accounts problem

Fast User Switching won't work in every situation.

- The Welcome screen must be enabled.
- The computer must not be joined to a domain.
- Offline files must be disabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/switching-user-accounts-problem-369731.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Guys I have Windows XP Pro running on my computer I have two user accounts on this windows One is under quot John quot and other is under quot Homer quot might seem funny but this is for fun I mostly use quot John s quot user account When I go in C Drive and under Documents and Settings I have Windows Pro!!!!!!!! names user (accounts) in XP with Problem both names John and Homer but all the files and things I saved under quot John s quot Problem with user names (accounts) in Windows XP Pro!!!!!!!! account are actually under quot Homer s quot account I haven t used quot Homer quot account for couple of months now so it doesn t have much saved on its Desktop however John s Desktop has lots of stuff saved on Desktop and in other folders Why then all the stuff saved under quot John s quot account shows under quot Homer s quot account in Documents and Settings unch Also anybody know how to change the computer name in Windows XP I have set my computer name on my name but I want to change that to some other name for privacy Any suggestions will be appreciated nbsp

A:Problem with user names (accounts) in Windows XP Pro!!!!!!!!

Change Computer Name

To change your computer name go to:

Start/
"Right Click" My Computer/
Then Click on Properties/
Go to the tab Computer Name/
And For a final step click on Change to change your computer name

I hope that helps (This is my first time to post on this forum) :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-user-names-accounts-in-windows-xp-pro.18566/
Relevancy 61.06%

Greetings to those who know!
I reformatted my pc a while ago and was feeling rather pleased with myself,BUT I can connect on my own account no problem, but neither my guest account nor my daughters account can connect to the internet, I get the message:

Error 734: The PPP Link Control Protocol Was Terminated" Error Message Occurs If You Try to Establish a Dial-Up Connection .
I have adsl.

I have checked all the settings, they are identical to my own account, and checked the ms site problem solving notes on the error number, all ok there too.

What have I missed? Or what am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Ps weird thing is I also reformatted my other pc at the same time and that has no problem what so ever!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91070/internet-connection-problem-with-xp-user-accounts/
Relevancy 61.06%

I switched to Windows recently and tried to set Accounts - User Multiple Up Problem Setting up Setting Up Multiple User Accounts - Problem multiple accounts when I Setting Up Multiple User Accounts - Problem ran into a problem I need to set up user accounts on machine dont ask me why lol but once I reach close to it locks me out By lock me out I mean I cannot create any more new accounts I cannot enter the UAC panel I cannot manage any of the existing accounts including my own adminitrator account - in other words I cannot do anything under the 'user account' tab on the control panel if I create one of the other accounts as an administrator it shows me the same results - actually it wont even go into the user accounts tab no matter how hard I click on it I tried this on both my machines - one running Family the other professional bit Same result - one got to accounts the otehr to accounts Is there a limit to the number of user accounts you can run on Windows I rememebr on Windows XP there was no limit although the welcome screen slowed down to a crawl when i tried to set up more than user accounts Is there a way around this limitation if there is one If there is a limitation is it with regards to these versions alone and perhaps the Business Enterprise edition does not have this problem Any information would be appreciated

A:Setting Up Multiple User Accounts - Problem

hello..

if you have to create 200 accounts..i suggest you to make server..
and you can arrange it easy. you just install window server 2003 R2. and use active directories to manage your clients account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/79455-setting-up-multiple-user-accounts-problem.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Guys Please help me with this I have tried everything I know and it still happens My husband and I each have our own user account on the PC both as Administrators User Windows Accounts problem Vista All was working fine before Suddenly once started up and I log onto my user account all is gone No files no desktop background only vista s default background and I have to set up my IE and Google Chrome s preferences all over there are no bookmarks Windows Vista User Accounts problem favourites etc This does not happen each time I log on but occurs every second day or so then OK for a day then off again It first started on my husband s account for a week or so now his is OK and it s mine doing this thing I have done system restore twice it runs well for a day and then does the same Another problem I have which may go hand in hand with the above is that I un-installed Firefox then re-installed it again The reason being that when using FF I would get a message saying FF has encountered a problem and has to shut down And after re-installing it it now does not function at all I can click on it and nothing happens FF still shows in Add and remove programs in Control panel but when I want to un-install it nothing happens I got fed-up and installed Chrome Is it OK to delete all the FF files in Program Files on C or not All your advice and help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Windows Vista User Accounts problem

have you tried turning UAC off in user accounts,just to see any difference

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-user-accounts-problem.910986/
Relevancy 61.06%

This morning I made a stupid mistake while messing with compmgmt msc I took off my main user dimgl who is an in to problem, user log Huge no accounts normal administrator from the Administrator group I wanted to make it a normal user This is all Huge problem, no normal user accounts to log in fine and dandy however I did not realize that dimgl was not part of the Users group When I logged off to my surprise dimgl was gone and I only had a Guest account I logged on to a Guest account and here is where the hell started I first tried to run mmc exe as an Administrator but I noticed UAC was disabled Therefore mmc exe always started with Guest credentials I said no problem let me go into Command Prompt and use a RUNAS command to start mmc exe as an Administrator I use the quot RUNAS mmc exe user Administrator quot command and I receive this message RUNAS ERROR Unable to run - mmc The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it I look in my Services and the Secondary Logon service is disabled ' At this point I'm stumped and I have no idea how to regain access to my computer I really don't want to reinstall Windows and there has to be some sort of workaround to this Can anyone help

A:Huge problem, no normal user accounts to log in

Not sure if you can, but it's worth a try. Try to activate the hidden administrator account with this.

Net user administrator /active:yes

Give it a shot on command prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/200245-huge-problem-no-normal-user-accounts-log.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Problem user Solved: accounts with Windows XP and My computer was previously not working and I decided to use the quot recovery disc quot which came with my computer This reinstalled windows into the same drive and folder Solved: Problem with Windows XP and user accounts as before and so all my data was kept as I wanted However Solved: Problem with Windows XP and user accounts if I open my Documents and Settings folder on my C drive open the folder of my user account from before the reinstallation and try to open quot My Documents quot it says quot Access Denied quot presumably as the computer sees it as another user s folder How can I access the files contained in this folder I know the password for the user account however as it s from the old Windows before it was reinstalled i can t directly log into it Would I be able to access the files through a different OS eg a Linux Live CD Any help would be appreciated And the sooner the better too I desperately need to get to these files as this folder contains all of my schoolwork - Javawag nbsp

A:Solved: Problem with Windows XP and user accounts

Welcome,

Try this here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-windows-xp-and-user-accounts.515272/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all,

Recently decided it would be a good idea to add a password to the Admin account in safe mode.

However, when I click the "User Accounts" icon in control panel while logged in to the Admin account i get a missing win32.ddl error.

Doesn't happen in any other accounts...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

A:User Accounts problem in safe mode

I have found this -> Toolbar: SurferBar - {FF7FD490-34E7-4FA1-927A-F5799E6AAD7B} - c:\PROGRA~1\win32.dll which appears to link that .dll with malware.

You can Google the whole string.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-problem-in-safe-mode-545829.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Recently I had to do a system restore Accessing user folders XP accounts Problem due to a virus infection and it restored the computer months back only Problem Accessing XP user accounts folders there was one problem USERS before System Restore Account P Computer owner Account Account X Administrator Account Y limited Account Z Administrator USERS after system restore Account N COMPUTER Problem Accessing XP user accounts folders ADMINISTRATOR After the system restore there was only a Computer Owner Administrator account After weeks of trying to recreate the accounts to no avail i have given up However When I go to C Documents and Settings I can still access all the folders and files of the previous user accounts P Y and Z All except for Account X which was an administrator account and had set its sharing of files and folders to PRIVATE and unable to let other users access When I try to open the documents folder using the Computer owner administrator account it says quot Access to C documents and settings account X Is Denied quot I have tried to change its properties of the folder to share and i have tried booting the computer in safe mode and changing its permissions to no avail It still says quot you do not have the permissions to change this quot Can somebody help me with this Much appreciated nbsp

A:Problem Accessing XP user accounts folders

Sometimes when you reinstall WindowsXP, you can receive an Access Denied error when trying to open a previous user's directory.
To take ownership of that folder again:

1. Log on with an account that has administrator rights
2. Right click on the folder
3. Select Properties
4. Click on the Security tab
5. Click on the Advanced button
6. Click on the Owner tab
7. In the list of Names, click on your name
8. To take ownership, click on Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
9. Click OK and Yes

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#file_ownership

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-accessing-xp-user-accounts-folders.576640/
Relevancy 61.06%

EDIT I changed the topic of this post cuz I figured out that OMG I was looking at a dummy folder problem? accounts hidden user permissions created by some badly hard wired software named quot Documents permissions problem? hidden user accounts and Settings quot instead of the actual Vista version quot Users quot Here's the background Someone's Vista install just got toasted by a virus I need to get their personal files off the drive but when I hook it permissions problem? hidden user accounts up to another computer and try to open it in My Computer it says Access Denied and won't even tell me the capacity of the drive So I logged in as the hidden administrator on this comp and can view everything Just to bypass any ownership problems from the get go I ran from an elevated command prompt takeown F F and it said The file or folder F now owned by user PhenomX PC Owner which is me I still can't open it So since I figure I'd have to do this anyway I ran the subfolder-including version takeown F F R D Y which modified like files successfully and choked on and this is not a typo INFO The system cannot find the path specified F ProgramData Application Data Application Data Application Data Application Data Application Data Application Data Application Data Application Data Application Data Application Data Application Data Application Data Application Data My Music Sample Music Yeah quot application data quot 's deep The weird part is quot F ProgramData Application Data quot doesn't exist if viewed in explorer even with the correct Folder Options set but it opens from the Run command but there's no subfolders listed then So I did a run of like layers deep and it popped open an explorer window with about layers deep of Application Data and it had the exact same contents but a breadcrumb listing on top that suggested it was several subfolders deep BUT wait it gets weirder Similar ownership commands above that found and modified files with that layer path just fine It choked on desktop ini and then sample music and gave up What's going on here Is the drive corrupted or is something translating folder names incorrectly

A:permissions problem? hidden user accounts

aww, I hit the editing timeout :( but was just gonna add that

I'm going to use the right click "take ownership" mod to more specifically be able to grab just their documents and pictures and stuff in case they're somehow protected with wacky permissions but I'll probably need to know in the future why the entire drive command failed in that way.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/permissions-problem-hidden-user-accounts-556142.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hiii everybody this is my first ever post in my first forum That s a disclaimer to ask you guys to forgive me for having very little gray matter - I have Windows XP HOME SP on Intel Celeron MHz and MB RAM I know it doesn t sound like much so I m always trying to read forums and tweak my settings But this time it ended up worse I used a program called autoruns exe to adjust my startup programs so it ll start faster I m not sure what I turned off but now It takes longer cut(copy) all Panel-User Control accounts ... missing accounts Can't paste, in & to start up I don t see any accounts not even admin in Control Panel - User accounts I can access a directory and open files but I can t cut or copy and paste them into another Can't cut(copy) & paste, all accounts missing in Control Panel-User accounts ... folder In services Can't cut(copy) & paste, all accounts missing in Control Panel-User accounts ... msc most of the programs under Local with automatic setting don t start and cannot be started I can t even see the programs under extended I have a home network but I can t access any of my other computers those are a few of laundry list of challenges with my computer with me I m even ready to format and reinstall XP but I need to copy some files before I do that I m sorry for this long post but can you guys help me nbsp

A:Can't cut(copy) & paste, all accounts missing in Control Panel-User accounts ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-cut-copy-paste-all-accounts-missing-in-control-panel-user-accounts.287901/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi

I'm surprised that nobody else has this problem, but I've searched and can't find an answer...apologies if I've not looked hard enough but I decided to post a question because this is 'urgent' to me.

I had 2 children's accounts in Win 8, and had local Parental Controls. Upgraded OS to Win 10, and now I can't manage Parental Controls in Win 10 locally, so I 'think' I need to set up 'online Profiles' for them.

However, all their game progress, profile settings, etc are on their local profiles - how can I get all this data to be on their online Profiles? I didn't want to copy and paste folders (such as AppData) without knowing that this was a 'safe' way to do this.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Rgds,
Andy

A:How to copy user accounts in Win8 to online accounts in Win10

Hello Andy,

Have a look at the following tutorial which shows how to change a local account to an online one.

Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10

Hope this helps

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38452-how-copy-user-accounts-win8-online-accounts-win10.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The other day I thought it'd be a good idea to screw around with the settings on my parents' computer My parents say they can't trust me and you'll find out why My parents put a limitation in the first place for me to not w/ Control User administrator accounts problem (UAC) Account download anything malicious and around last summer I was always yelled at for using the computer at night so they put Parental Controls only the time limit from AM to PM and changed my account type to Standard User That means I can't use the computer at night even if I tried I was sick and tired of it User Account Control (UAC) problem w/ administrator accounts honestly so I thought the smart thing to do was to download an iso to burn to a disc to reset the password and or promote my account to administrator I downloaded the Trinity Rescue Kit and burnt it to a DVD in order to promote my account to administrator Little did I know the thing kind of messes up with your UAC I ignored the warnings In order to use Parental Controls you have to be a Standard User Which I updated my account's settings and well the controls didn't go away I still had the time limit and all the other stuff my parents put on User Account Control (UAC) problem w/ administrator accounts here I tried to go into the Control Panel to remove it and it did absolutely nothing When I clicked on my account's name it said I had to be a Standard User to change it I tried to change my account to a Standard one and it did absolutely nothing It remained an Administrator which I knew if I left my account as an Administrator my parents would one day find out that I've been downloading stuff and I've completely disobeyed them I later removed my parents' account's password and tried it there It didn't do anything but wipe their password oh great they're going to be more mad at me now My dad got really upset and threatened to delete my account along with all my files Here I am now on my sister's account on the machine I'm trying to access my account and type in the password but the User Account Control window pops up but the 'Yes' option is greyed out and there's no space to type in my password I rebooted into Safe Mode and saw that my account was not there I logged into my sister's account and the problem still persists On the login screen my account quot User quot will not show up when I booted it up earlier this evening it was working completely fine It said the warning that I wasn't allowed onto my account and then I logged into my sister's and rebooted and it was gone When I navigate to C Users - my account files are still there Not being able to access them because of the User Account Control window not letting me type any password or click 'yes' I have no idea what to do now I can't restore this machine back to the other date since it'll make my parents even more angry at me and I think using the DVD will just muck it up even more This is confusing me if anyone knows what they're doing and how to fix this please reply Thank you

A:User Account Control (UAC) problem w/ administrator accounts

I'm sure you do know the trouble you are in but there's really nothing else you can do but own up to the problem you have caused. Obviously the controls were put in place to prevent problems associated with nonresponsible actions.

Be prepared to have to do a Factory Restore on the computer/s if the login for your parents and/or your sister don't work. You might need a Linux LiveCD or LiveDVD bootable disc to first save any documents/data they have saved.

To avoid such problems in the future get your own computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335391-user-account-control-uac-problem-w-administrator-accounts.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I just finished setting up my grandchildren's computer and tried to set one Administrator's account and 3 limited accounts for them to use in order to stop them downloading so much. My problem came when I set it up at their house and learned that using their dial-up Netzero account, they couldn't get online. I could only connect through the Administrator's account. I have always read that one should never use the Administrator's account all the time for safety's sake, so I am assuming I did something wrong. Right now I have all of them set to Administrator again so they can all get online through their own user accounts.

Is there a way to change things so they can get online with limited accounts?

Thanks
Peg

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

I'm having this issue with these red 'X' appearing in places of the pictures for this screen. Please refer to the image attached.

Thanks,

Stanley

A:Weird image problem in User Accounts Settings

Hi Stanley,

i've had this problem before but don't worry as it's easily fixed by running the attached registry file. All you need to do is merge the contents of the zip file and that should do it..though you may need to reboot to notice the fix.

Hope that helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-image-problem-in-user-accounts-settings-205391.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I was recently looking on techguy for a similar resolution to the below question in the forum.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/822354-ccleaner-not-working-when-i.html

I do not have problems using the CC Cleaner in my account (admin) but when I run the cleaner it does not clean Chrome. See, my girl use chrome for her internet browser on her user account and I use Firefox in my admin user account.

IN fact i have this problem in a lot with programs like Tversity, CCleaner and AVG.

Do I have install the program on every User account (hence taking up room on my PC because I am installing the same program twice)?

And when I use virus programs do they sift for infections through all the users etc?

Thanks kindly.

w3b3d1g1

A:User Accounts in Vista - Operating programs in both accounts

hello w3b3d1g1

try this (in your account) start > all programs > any program you want to share > right click on that program.> choose share.. maybe what your looking for.

hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-vista-operating-programs-in-both-accounts.839860/
Relevancy 59.77%

Problem with user accounts no taskbar no explorer exe it isn't running no desktop icons Hi I'm having trouble when I load my desktop with no accounts:no explorer.exe, Problem user taskbar, no icons side of the computer and the only way I can access programs is through Windows Task Manager All that will load is the desktop background picture I have looked up various solutions - it seems the explorer exe process is Problem with user accounts:no taskbar, no explorer.exe, no desktop icons missing or unable to be located when I try to run it I have ran Problem with user accounts:no taskbar, no explorer.exe, no desktop icons an AVG scan and two infection were found and supposedly healed These were C Programfiles MicrosoftCommon wuauclt exe Win Heur and C WINDOWS System ntos trojanhorsePakes c RZ Have not yet ran any other scans and really need futher advice on what to do next I have Spybot and Adaware but have not yet ran a scan since before the computer started playing up I've also had to manually open Zonealarm so that I have a functioning firewall I've only had this problem once before - I think it was yesterday and I panicked and just turned off the computer at the switch Restarted everything was fine and the toolbar amp desktop was there Today it was working fine until I turned it on about hours ago

A:Problem with user accounts:no taskbar, no explorer.exe, no desktop icons

Quote:

Originally Posted by elcacat

Problem with user accounts:no taskbar, no explorer.exe (it isn't running), no desktop icons

Hi I'm having trouble when I load my side of the computer and the only way I can access programs is through Windows Task Manager. All that will load is the desktop background picture. I have looked up various solutions - it seems the explorer.exe process is missing or unable to be located when I try to run it. I have ran an AVG scan and two infection were found and supposedly healed. These were C:\Programfiles\MicrosoftCommon\wuauclt.exe (Win32\Heur)and C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntos (trojanhorsePakes_c.RZ). Have not yet ran any other scans and really need futher advice on what to do next! I have Spybot and Adaware but have not yet ran a scan since before the computer started playing up. I've also had to manually open Zonealarm so that I have a functioning firewall :/

I've only had this problem once before - I think it was yesterday and I panicked and just turned off the computer at the switch. Restarted, everything was fine and the toolbar &desktop was there. Today it was working fine until I turned it on about 2 hours ago

I've seen something like this once but could not fix it, however try the following. At the blank desktop (just wallpaper) bring up task manager ctrl-alt-delete. You should see some tasks but explorer.exe is missing.

Click new task, enter explorer.exe and press enter. The rest of the desktop will load, icons, taskbar and menubar. You now have a chance to fix whats wrong.
If you can run a scan with either SysInternals autorun of HijackThis this will be your best chance, compare each running task with google, you may be able to pinpoint the cause(s).

You may however be able to create a new user in control panel with admin rights and copy your files across from the old account to the new account.
I'm not sure exactly where in the boot process explorer.exe is called from, but your machie has been compromised, and sometimes its easier to format and reinstall.

The machine I had a look at for a friend also had a folder on the root C: drive just called ! This folder contained hundreds of p0rn type avi's but worse still refused to be delted recreating itself on reboot. Check for any strange folder names called ! may also be worth you running msconfig and hecking the contents of win.ini system.ini, startup services and programs.
Good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-user-accounts-no-taskbar-no-explorer-exe-no-desktop-icons-273358.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all I can t find any mention of my problem on this or any other forum Or at least I don t think I can Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated Get Only Accounts Accounts User Cannot Admin Can DHCP, Here is my set-up Linksys DSL modem connected to an Apple Airport Extreme wireless router The modem is configured to be the DHCP server the Airport is set to bridge mode I have a new Compaq Presario desktop running Vista Home Basic with a Belkin wireless-G USB dongle All of this discussion is about wireless btw - Only Admin Accounts Cannot Get DHCP, User Accounts Can I don t have a long enough CAT- cable to connect the Airport and PC I have users set up on the PC - true unlocked administrator account and standard users When I boot up and connect as any of the standard users they automatically detect and connect to the Airport and receive IP addresses But when I change user to be the administrator the connection drops after a few seconds The Airport network is visible to Only Admin Accounts Cannot Get DHCP, User Accounts Can Vista because it is in the list of available networks But if I try to connect to it it fails and the Vista diagnostic tool tells me it has been unable to connect for unknown reason One of the standard users used to Only Admin Accounts Cannot Get DHCP, User Accounts Can have admin rights and that account had exactly the same problem If I log in from a boot-up as the administrator I also cannot connect to the network If the administrator account has been used and logged out the other users cannot connect to the Airport I have to re-boot before they can connect again I also have a MacBook and a Nokia N both of which can log into the network and get IP addresses fine If it s important I m using WPA This is not just irritating but also dangerous Because I am unable to use the internet from an administrator account I am unable to do things like updating my Norton software so I m putting myself at risk I assume the problem is rooted in how Vista treats admin users and the threats it perceives from internet access as such a user As mentioned I have Norton installed and Windows Firewall turned off A friend of mine suggested it might be because I ve got the network set as public and Vista doesn t want to connect an admin account to it but as I can t connect as an administrator to that network then I can t change the Vista setting Catch I haven t tried the registry fix for DHCP flags because I assume that if that was my problem then none of the accounts would be able to connect to the internet Has anyone come across a problem like this before I would appreciate any ideas you may have Please let me know if any detailed information would help Cheers ShuggyX nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-admin-accounts-cannot-get-dhcp-user-accounts-can.708758/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello

I have been chasing up an answer to this problem for a couple of weeks now and have found a number of people with same symptoms but no answer which works.

When I go to the User Accouns page the dialog box for the "Choose the Account you would like to change" is blank.

I am an administrator and there are 2 accounts on my notebook - windows 7 professional.

I can view the accounts through the run command, but would like to know why the dialog is empty and what the fix is for this.

I have done a scan for errors - none found.

Done a complete reinstall - Accounts still not visible.

Looking on a variety of forums, this appears to have been happening to XP and Vista prior to Windows 7.

However none of the fixes for XP or Vista work (Some don't even apply).

Does anyone have a solution for this bug?

Thanks

A:User Accounts / Manage Accounts Blank

Microsoft has an article on this issue, please read this and try the solutions if you haven't already. Oh yeah, welcome to SevenForums.

Granted... It's for XP but I can't seem to find the Win7 version.

Several dialog boxes are blank

EDIT: Here's a fix for the "Windows Features" blank dialog. I figure it might tell you what your problem is as well.

Link to tutorial:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...alfeaturesexe/
Link to program:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78641-user-accounts-manage-accounts-blank.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help. Recently, a few strange things have happened with the PC, which first started when I found I couldn't use the Backup & Recovery software in Windows 7. Whenever I clicked on one of the buttons with a shield, nothing would happen at all. I've looked around and just can't find the solution to this. However, today when trying to fix this, I've come across a new user account in the permissions section. The name is jvactaett - I certainly haven't made this! Does anyone have any ideas how this account has got there, and how I can remove it? It doesn't show in user accounts through Control Panel.

I've put a screenshot as well. To get there, I right clicked a hard drive and went to properties, Security, Add, advanced and then clicked Find Now.

I don't know if the two things above are linked or not...
Thanks!

A:Unknown user showing in user accounts - possibly compromised?

A further observation is that when I do sfc /scannow through cmd, it stops at 59%. Same problem as this post, but didn't follow all the things that were replied as I didn't know if they were relevant to me...

Windows Firewall Service unable to activate, SFC scan unable to work

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/309723-unknown-user-showing-user-accounts-possibly-compromised.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I had installed expression web 4 into windows 10 and for some reason it created a user account, now my Run command defaults to this user account. I wanted to remove it but it doesn't show under user accounts. How do I fix this?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437561-removing-user-account-doesnt-show-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am a lab technician for Microsoft classes at a community college One of our students somehow messed up his hard drive The computer is running Windows Enterprise SP -bit The system has two administrator accounts and one not accounts No profile but user to created able logon User - standard user account I am still able to logon with those accounts and there are SID keys for each of these users in the registry Now when we create a new user the account is created without any problems The user shows up on the logon page and after running the net user command it shows up there as well When I try to logon with the new user I get a message The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded None of the new user accounts show up in the registry The other anomaly that I see is that the Default User folder is missing in each of the Users subdirectory for the three accounts where I have no problems I have read the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article and none of the methods apply to my problem I also checked Local Group Policies and the Do not logon users with temporary profiles setting is not configured I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has this problem

A:User accounts created but not able to logon - No user profile

Pixel, welcome to Sevenforums!

Have you tried a system restore yet? select a point before the problem began: System Restore
Try a repair install: Repair Install
Important! Read the warning box in the tutorials just in case they effect the user or your class
Credits: Both tutorials created by Brink

Let me know which of these tutorials you are able to do, and if they correct the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214748-user-accounts-created-but-not-able-logon-no-user-profile.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,I got some tips a couple of months ago on tweaking your pc. I did alot of tweaks and guess what? Silly me I didnt back up the REGISTRY!!!!! I also installed Windows Transformation Pack 6. This is what happens when I try to go to Control Panel> User Accounts, and try to click the 3 tabs under "Learn About" . automation server cant create object Now these tabs have crosses next to them So I must of disabled a service or something? I can create accounts. but I gotta log out, and log in other one. I cant quickly switch over while having 2 or 3 accounts logged in at the same time. When I try to switch users, it doesn't do it. Please help!Thanks.

A:User Accounts & Fast User Switching

I believe that if the Terminal Service isn't started then fast user switching isn't available.To start the Terminal Service, go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools and click on Services. Right click on Terminal Service and select Properties. Make sure the startup type is set to Automatic.Also, see this Microsoft article on fast user switiching.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100701/user-accounts-fast-user-switching/
Relevancy 55.04%

The other day I went to delete one of my user accounts and found a password protected user by the name of Machine ASP....'s which did not show up when log ging in, only in user accounts. I deleted it as there was no way of accessing the account to see what was in it but was wondering if anyone might know how it could have got there. I have norton internet security, norton antivirus and sygate pro firewall. No one else has had access to the computer either(at least not from my home). Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all -- I was reading an article about managing passwords in XP and followed its instructions I went to Start Run and entered quot control userpasswords quot at that time the accounts that I have put on the computer showed along with another that I did not knowingly authourize or even know about The suspicious account is a limited Accounts" My "user User In Unknown account -- password protected and has the title quot ASP NET Machine A quot thats exactly what it says asp net seems to be a microsoft sponsored site -- I guess My concern is that I have recently had and removed spyware from this pc and I did not knowingly authorize this account nor have I heard of ASP NET prior to this I really want to delete this account but I am more courious as to how it got there I am your everyday home pc user with Unknown User In My "user Accounts" limited knowledge of much more that the color of my computer Please Unknown User In My "user Accounts" advise Thank you Oh yeah -- the ASP account only shows when I go to the start run and access user accounts that way -- to access user accounts Unknown User In My "user Accounts" through control panel does not show the asp net account thank you originaljw

A:Unknown User In My "user Accounts"

ASP.net is put there by Microsoft when you installed the .NET thru Windows Update. Not to worry.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56125/unknown-user-in-my-user-accounts/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I'm getting this error message I did a google search and found this You receive a quot The User Profile Service failed the logon But did not help me I also did a search here and found a few topics with this error message though they didn't solve my problem either because mine problem seems to be different I can login to existing accounts But I can't login to new ones So when I go to the registry editor there's no folder for the new accounts They just don't exist at all Only the existing ones I create failed..." user accounts create Can't service profile "The new user a new user account at the Users menu in Control panel and they show up at login screen When I click them it starts the waiting icon saying quot Logging in quot then after a few seconds this error message pops up I can click OK and then it says quot logging off quot and goes Can't create new user accounts "The user profile service failed..." back to the login screen I do have access to an administrator account and a standard account I can log in to both I don't have any system restore points before this started happening i'm using ESET Smart Security as my antivirus but I don't think it's causing the problem I uninstalled it and it didn't work then either so I reinstalled it back Please help me what could be wrong

A:Can't create new user accounts "The user profile service failed..."

Can you yell us when the problem started and were you on the system when it is doing this if so what were you doing when it started.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362154-cant-create-new-user-accounts-user-profile-service-failed.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I have a user listed in C:\Documents and Settings that is not listed in "user accounts".

If if simply delete it then it comes back later.

The only thing in it is a thunderbird profile which I don't believe is active anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

A:Delete user that's in docs and settings but not in "user accounts".

Does the User Profile show up in System Properties?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/delete-user-thats-in-docs-and-settings-but-not-in-user-accounts-354027.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I use windows xp and my user accounts are all set as administrators. however only one user seems to have control. others can not open help and support and system restore opens up in a blank window. It seems that any thing regarding Help will not open for these other users.

Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

I have 2 users . Only mine shows up at login. When I switch users,it goes right back to mine. Mine is a standard user account. My wifes is the administrator. We can not change anything, not even when we go to the administartor account. Very frustrated with this problem. How do I fix this?

Relevancy 50.74%

OK the case is this I m a teenager boy at I m living qith my parents and two sisters We share one computer I suppose it s not unusual for boys my age to have sensitive stuff on the computer that I wouldn t like others to know about We currently have win and we haven t created any user accounts so everything is available for anyone and it User accounts s making me nervous I m tired of having to clean my tracks everytime I do something private I m paranoid that my folks are curious of my stuff I have my own folder to which everyone has access User accounts and I no longer want to hide and often lose my personals in countless masked subfolders We are upgrading soon to Windows XP and I thought I might propose to my folks that we make user accounts for everyone However what I ve read from the Microsoft website regarding user accounts is pretty depressing It seems I still can t get the privacy I want I d have to have possession of the only admin account to have my files safe from others and my folks certainly would not approve of that even though I m the only one who ever installs anything on this machine If I had a limited account I d be safe from my sisters but not from my parents who would probably have the admin accounts Also I couldn t install any programs Is there any way to get the privacy I want without taking the privacy away from others All I want is to have my stuff safe from curious eyes and I want to install programs Even better if I could install certain programs for my own use only Is it possible to install user accounts so that no one has admin rights yet everyone can install programs and have their own folders Or do I just have to keep hiding my stuff nbsp

A:User accounts

Sounds like a good time to accumulate some knowledge and build your own PC, then network to the family machine for printer and for Internet Connecting sharing purposes only.

You could build or buy second-hand something quite adequate in England for around 80 - in the States components are cheaper.

Total privacy - just don't forget malware protection frrom hackers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.317332/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I recently finished paying of my computer to radio rentals and I thought it was time to clean the computer. I have a acer aspire 5750g laptop and my erecovery won't work. I did manage to restore it to factory settings but it would not let me name my computer. I think they have done somthing to stop people from rebooting but who wants a computer called radio and when i go to c: i can see a lock symbol on radio account i can open it Is there anything I can do to remove this account and make my own. It just feels strange knowing that someone can access your computer at anytime. When I have tried to google about radio rentals I read a lot of stories about a red screens and that they have locked the computer. Really need some help please would like a fresh computer.

Welcome to the Seven Forums, Grouch84.

I suggest that you download an ISO image of W 7 64-bit installation Disk from Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River ? My Digital Life. If your OS is not among the ones listed at this site then you shall have to download and run eicfg Removal Utility to make the ISO universal and then burn it to a DVD to make your own W 7 Installer Disk.

You can then clean install it on your Acer Laptop and activate the OS with the current Product Key that is also stuck on a label on your Laptop's base. Keep all your device drivers (particularly the Network Drivers (Ethernet and Wi-Fi)) handy as a few of them may or may not get installed.

After that you shall be able to do everything that you are not able to do now.

Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/234735-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

On my XP setup (SP3) I have 2 user accounts, mine with a password. Can someone tell me how to let the limited user access certain programs. For example, I have a set of children programs my sister plays with my niece. They can only play from the Administrator account, but I log them on when they do. I would like it if they could play from the limited account, so they don't have to rely on me to play. Could someone please educate me please.

Thanks in advance

SC

Likely that the Limited Accounts were created AFTER the games were created.

Usually, the installer(s) will ask "Install for this user only or ALL users?" and you
click ALL.

Uninstall the games (as admin), and reinstall -- it should workout for you.
*IF NOT*, uninstall again and install in the Shared Documents Area

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-accounts.106331/
Relevancy 50.74%

WhenI click on browse while trying to change picture, only part of the pictues in My Pictures appear. OK every other program.

A:user accounts

There will be a drop down box below the file name of the picture selector. Change it to show all files. Here is a example:Hope it helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5792/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

I reinstalled my OS and opened 4 user accounts, mine being the admin.

Recently, i came to realize that the other accounts didnt operate like mine and had a few problems.

For instance, the limited account users couldnt download stuff from the net and flash player doesnt work in their accounts.(therefore no youtube!).

Whats odd is that it WAS working just a few days ago!

I tried giving all users admin rights, but still had problems with the above mentioned.

I created a new account to check if the new account would work normally. When i tried to log into this new account i got this error msg basically telling me that i have a file missing and to contact the admin!

I could really use your expertise here.

Please do help!

Thanks!

A:User Accounts

Hi Deepan, it sounds like some third party program(s) are interfering with Windows. Do the symptoms persist when you disable the firewall/anti virus programs when using the other accounts?

Can you remember the name of the file which was in the error message?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-293558.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I have three user accounts on our computer.
1 administrator (password protected)
2 kids (limited)
3 parents(limited)(password protected from kids)
I am coming to the conclusion that my various virus, malware and computer performance cleaning programs have to be run in each user account. Is this true?
I thought if I ran these programs in the administrator account they would be applied to all user accounts. I've noticed that when adaware is ran in one account it cleans up what it finds but then when I ran adaware in another account it still found items. This has me confused on the whole scope of maintenance programs running on a computer with multiple accounts.
Do these programs run only in one user account at a time?
Can I configure program to check all user accounts at once??
Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

My nephew changed permissions in a user account on XP and now IE no longer works. I can ping and use all network functions and Netscape works fine. My question is can I reset the user account to its default settings without doing a restore from backup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.220964/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a problem with the Windows XP user accounts.

How can you remove them so when i turn the computer on it automatically loads to the desktop without having to come to a welcome screen with the list of user accounts and having to type in passwords to get in etc..

Thanks heaps.

http://malektips.com/xpwam0007.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.373308/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I got my new windows 7 laptop I began using the default admin account. I read somewhere that it is not wise to use an admin account for day to day usage. I spend MOST of my time on the internet

My question is: Can I transfer all of my files, folders, programs and setting over to a standard user account?

Is there a better way to achieve the same thing?

Thank you

You would just change your current account type from Administrator to whatever you want it to be. You don't have to create a new account.

FWIW, I wouldn't bother. It's a huge headache to use a non-admin account. Use good security software, and surf smartly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.973778/
Relevancy 50.74%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional accounts Help User please with Service Pack bit Help with User accounts please Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card SiS FX GX Mirage Help with User accounts please Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SiS- Antivirus PC Cleaner Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled Hello I am a comlete novice but learning - out of necessity to manage this old girl desktop so I can work No questions asked - this is what i have and need to work with until further notice I bought it from a friend and had a technician repair it for me Alot was wrong when I got it back but I have closely follwed alot of posts on this site and managed to fix alot of the problems Thank you tech guys Obvioussly - I have a space issue - Help with User accounts please so everything beside programs is on an extranal drive I have managed to clear up alot of disk space - now I am looking at the user accounts If I go into advanced - user settings - I see user accounts - adminitrator backup and current - info is spread accross them all - but only user account on start up - is that correct If I run disc clean up - it seems only to clean out one of the accounts If i go into the doc setting folder - there are lots of doubled up files - in user default user my user name and administrator Can i streamline this and how nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Some way or another all the user on accounts on my computer have been deleted. Guest is disabled. How do I go about logging on?

Welcome to TSG!

What OS are you running? If XP Home, boot to safe mode (repeatedly tap F8 as the PC boots) and you can log in with the Administrator account (It only appears in Safe Mode)
If XP Pro, press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the Welcome screen, this will switch to the classic logon dialog where you can type the User name. Log in with the Administrator account.
If WinNT/Win2K, just use the Administrator account.

You'll have to know the password, but many people have never set one, so just leave it blank.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.780580/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone I installed windows Ultimate on my work notebook sony vaio As a result I had a local user In order User accounts to connect me to the work domain the IT guy created another user account which was part of the User accounts domain and added this profile to Administrators in windows I had disabled the local user profile and yesterday I decided to delete it During the process it asked me something about the sharing of folders with other users I said no don't remember exactly what the thing is now I have certain folders that have next to them a lock I can access them but I think this has to do with the fact that I deleted the other account Also these folders have the quot read only quot enabled and I cant remove it Moreover I was trying to create it again but I can't really figure out how can User accounts I do that from a domain account to creat a local account How can I fix the issue with the folders and how can I create a local user account from a domain account In general is there any problem potentially that I have only domain account Is it better to have a local account as well and have it disabled Thanks in advance P s forgot to add that now I can't update windows or antivirus from home Before creating the domain account I've done it I have access to internet though no problem Why is that

Just a thought....did you try a system restore back to a couple of days ago (before you deleted the account)??
If you have a good restore point from a couple of days ago you might be able to Un-Do the user account delete that caused your problems.

..like I said, just a thought.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35133-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Well, hello. It's the strangest story. I have three user accounts on XP, and I'm having trouble staying logged in to them.

This morning, when I woke up, I booted up my computer and tried logging in to one of my user accounts (Account 1). I logged in successfully, but then when I switched users, it didn't say "1 Program Running" under my account, and when I tried to log in with another account (Account 3), my screen flashed black for a second and brought me back to the User Login screen. I could still log in to account 1, just not the other two. I've tried using system restore, and anti-virus and spyware scanners to see if they helped (as well as rebooting), but nothing happened.

Is there any solution to this problem, other than formatting? Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-log-in-with-2-user-accounts-14397.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have set up new standard user accounts for my kids but when trying to log on to any one of them, I get a totally blank desktop. I also tried setting the accounts up in safe mode with the same result. What is the problem?

A:new user accounts

It sounds like the Accounts are corrupted or the processes involved in logon are not doing their job.

Attempt to logon as one of the standard accounts and once the desktop is there, Ctrl + Alt + Del

click task manager, end explorer.exe if it's running and then go File>New Task and type explorer.exe and click ok, let us know if that works.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182419/new-user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

--- sorry , didnt know it was against the rules

Relevancy 50.74%

when I try to add new user accounts in the control panel, nothing happens. I click on user accounts and I see a quick flash of something, but that's it.

Where do I start?

I have a hp pavillion a815n, with winxp. recently had to do a reboot and could not get in safe mode.

Although this doesn't solve your "flash of something" problem, you could try adding a user with the command line.

To do this:
Hit the windows key + R
In the 'Run...' dialouge type cmd and click Ok.
Now you'll see the command line.

Type in this:

Code:
net user NAME PASS /add
(Where NAME = then name you want and PASS = the pass you want.(You can leave out the PASS if you want.)
Then hit return.

You will need to log on to this account to initialise it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-286664.html
Relevancy 50.74%

HELLO ALL ! I am running 7600. I set up my account as the administrator and my wife as a user. Whenever I install a new program, the icon is put on both of our desktops. If she deletes the icon , it deletes it on my desktop as well. This entirely defeats the purpose of having seperate accounts. She uses the computer for school, I use it for games. Can someone please help ? We need seperate desktops with seperate icon sets ! Thanks in advance !

it shouldn't happen, but anyways you can put your icons in your C:\users\<your username>\Desktop and as long as your wifie doesn't use your account and delete your desktop icons, they should remain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/27871-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi This morning I wanted to install new memory in a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro SP Following Dell recommendations from doing this on another machine I began by downloading and updating the BIOS I rebooted and everything looked fine I removed the MB memory User No Accounts boards and installed MB boards When I tried to boot I got to the welcome screen and it said to click on an account but there were no accounts to click on I took out the new memory and put the old back but the problem was still there After much fumbling No User Accounts around I discovered that No User Accounts I could get windows to run by Control-Alt-Delete twice and then entering ADMINISTRATOR No User Accounts as the user with no password I tried making a new account and it looks like I had made one but it disappeared when I left the create account function When I try to look at user accounts or change them I get this error quot cells item is null or not an object quot I have tried system restore to no avail It reports no changes have been made in the system I looked at the registry following a suggestion I found online but I could not find the SID quot with the screwy name quot Although I did see the old account there I don t know enough about the registry to change anything without good instructions I tried the suggestion Make a file User Acct Fix cmd using notepad I put the following in the file regsvr jscript dll regsvr nusrmgr cpl regsvr i mshtml dll regsvr themeui dll regsvr Vbscript dll When I ran the file I got an error on regsvr i mshtml dll quot mshtml dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I found stuff on Microsoft about this error but it was all for Windows and Vista not for XP I would be very grateful for any help in getting back to my old account or creating a new one that would work Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

When I first did the initial setup of my new laptop last year, during the setup i was asked to create a user account. i set one up with a password. Im the only one who uses the laptop and do not need this anymore. I want to know how do I make my laptop start up like a desktop. I want to turn it on and it goes right to desktop. If i have to delete user accounts to do this will it keep the files in that account? Will there be any administrative problems if i do this or will that aspect be eliminated and not prompt any administrative needs?

Hi, don't deleate the account but you will have to remove the password. Go to user accounts in control panel and do it from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197360/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

When trying to access any user account expect the Administrator account loggin activity loops me back the User Account menu page???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.730603/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having a problem setting up a new user in windows xp home.
I would like to make a seperate user to have a seprate outlooks and favorites on the internet browser. I have Wirless internet and when I create a new user it asks me to reconfigure everything which is a pain, and also programs arent working. Like outlook it says it cannot find the program. Is there any way of copying a user account or Multiplying it. Anything that I can do to have the same settings for this new account or am I forced to setting everything up again. And re installing programs??

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello All,

Could anyone tell me how to permanently remove a user from the system. When using the explore all users on right click start, will removing user folders remove the user?

When I open user accounts in control panel, the only users I see are myself as administrator and guest, but I know there are three other users that I would like to remove. How come I cant see all users as an administrator?

All advice is much appreciated.

Thank you
Darren

Hi there and welcome to BC!There is a great tutorial found here, which i've recommended to people before. It even has pictures so it should be quite easy to follow. There is a set way of deleting an account through the control panel - deleting the specific folders would not remove the account and would most likely bring about a handful of other problems down the line. That's how to delete the account.You say that you can't view the tab of the user you wish to delete - when you boot and get to the log-in screen can you see these users listed? David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/45986/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. I purchased a demo laptop from Office Max running Vista. I would like it to boot up like my desktop computer, which is running XP.
The XP computer goes right to the desktop screen, while the Vista asks which user to boot up. I don't need different user accounts and want Vista to go right to the desktop. Is this possible to do. I would like to get rid of all the present users and just have a generic startup. Thank you.

A:Getting Rid Of User Accounts

hi,,, here is a link on how to delete user accounts on vista,,,, when you have deleted all the accounts you dont want and your left with the one you want then, if you want it to open on boot up then remove the password in user accounts in control panel. I would leave it password protected though, just incase it gets nicked,,,http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2054/vista_...te_user_accountgood luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166551/getting-rid-of-user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

I want to make a new user account and every time i click on user accounts in the control panel nothing comes up. Please help.

Relevancy 50.74%

Micorsoft and several "experts" (from magazines and forums) recommend that one uses a Microsoft Account(s) as the User Account(s) under W8 and W8.1.

Much has been said and written about the "benefits" of this method of setting up User Accounts.

But are there any disadvantages? And if there are what are they? For example, is security on the Windows system compromised?

What if the Microsoft Account is hacked? Would this open a channel to the computer that is using that account as a login?

It seems to go against the logic of good security to have "one key that opens all doors" - or perhaps I am just being paranoid? But then again when it comes to online security is paranoia not a good thing?

T.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all I'm having a problem accounts User with my laptop I'm hoping someone can guide me through I'm running CA Security Suite which I get free through Road Runner I was User accounts having problems with the Firewall and was advised to uninstall reinstall the Security Suite per Road Runner Tech Support I went to ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS clicked on CA Security Suite User accounts and clicked on remove It was uninstalled so I went to reinstall When I did It got to the point to install the firewall when a message popped up saying there was a version of the firewall already installed and it would not reinstall I went back to ADD REMOVE and sure enough the CA Security Suite is still listed This time when I clicked REMOVE it said I don't have administrator privileges to do remove it There are only accounts on this computer and both have always been administrator accounts What would cause it to say I'm not an administrator now I need to uninstall this firewall so I can use my computer again Thanks

you have to log on as the actual admin not on an account with admin rights

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-290521.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Whenever I go to folder properties then SECURITY tab, I can see 3-4 user accounts instead of this I have just two user accounts (hp and administrator) on my system. The all user accounts are given below..Authenticated UsersSYSTEMAdmininstratorsUsershp(my user account)Administrator(my user account)

A:USER ACCOUNTS..!

This is perfectly normal. No reason to be alarmed. Also, there is no need to use all CAPS or bold unless specific emphasis is needed on a particular phrase or word. Topics posted with ALL CAPS or obnoxiously large font tend to be ignored.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313694/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

If you can help me it will be much appreciated.

I have bought a new HP computer with Windows Vista with my brother. However, we would like to use seperate user accounts that don't affect the other person's account.

For example, installing software on one account will not install it on the other one. I read somewhere that if you are not an administrator, it only installs on your account but that did not work, i created an extra admin account and made us two standard users but it still doesn't work how we would like it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

A user account is a collection of information that tells Windows what files and folders you can access, what changes you can make to the computer, and your personal preferences, such as your desktop background or color theme. User accounts make it so that you can share a computer with several people, but still have your own files and settings. Each person accesses their user account with a user name and password.

Open up Control panel and if in Classic mode, click on "User Accounts" and follow the instructions that you can get by searching for user accounts in the Help area

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-accounts-150416.html
Relevancy 50.74%

When you use the "hostname" command at the command line, does the hostname match your account name as seen in "Manage Accounts"? Because mine doesn't match. The hostname I see at the command line isn't even in the list of accounts. I'm wondering if that's why my password is rejected at the command line when I use the RUNAS command. The password works fine when logging into my computer and when I change it through Settings.

The Hostname is the name of the computer, not the name of the user. When you install Windows, it chooses a computer name based on your username. However, once this is set it doesn't change unless you manually change it. This has nothing to do with usernames or passwords.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/53687-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

O kay....I need help ! I am using Win XP & I have three user accounts. Our sites are bleeding over on to each other. I was told to go my folder options & check the option to not share this folder or make this folder private. I found this & I have the option , but it won't let me use it. It's shaded out...... How can I fix this ?
Thanks,
Cilki

Who is set up as the machine admin. They may be the one who can do it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-2279.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have never created any user accounts on my Windows XP but we have been using the User Accounts PC for years My husband and I would now like two separate accounts and I tried to make an account for him by going to the quot control panel quot and opening quot user accounts quot The problem is that it told me I have to make a first account and in order to make a second account because I don t have any at this time When I created a first account then I couldn t find all the things like desktop icons for software and also the content in the files that I ve put on my desktop They were gone and I had like a blank slate desktop with just the standard icons I didn t have the Quickbooks program or the Quicken program either So my question is this Is there a way that what I already have can be just left alone and have it be called by a user name without having to set up everything again like my Outlook express emails User Accounts etc User Accounts and then let me open a new one for my husband nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I am setting up another account on my computer for a single reason, so that i can use two iPods on my computer. I want both acccounts to be exactly the same, besides the diffrent desktops and "personal preferences" of the two diffrent people. The problem is that on the new account, not all of the programs in Start>Programs are listed that are on the original. ... Also when i made the new one the desktops had some of the same icons but not all... I would like them to be the same and then go through and take the ones off i dont need, not have to go find them. Also, it seems that when i add an icon to one account, it goes onto the other.... Why does that happen?? thanks for the help
)corjello(
Windows 2000 Professional

A:User Accounts Help

Why isn't all of the programs in the start>programs menu listed in the original account in the new account?
Simply because when you have downloaded or installed programs on your original account you installed it under your name not 'All users'. Just copy across the programs under C\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Start Menu\Programs into C\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs.

Why isn't all of the shortcuts on my desktop in the original account the same as in the new account?
Again, simply because in your original account you made the shortcuts under your name not all users. To copy the shortcuts across go to C\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Desktop into C\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop.

How do i change my icon?
Go to start, control panel, user accounts, and then choose one Hope I have helped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-help.348642/
Relevancy 50.74%

Lately when I start windows (xp ) ive noticed I have to click my name, to log on....It never did this before. When i go to user accounts, all i get is a blank box with the following on the title bar
res://c:\windows\system32\nusrmgr.cpl/nusrmgr.hta
any suggestions
Thanks

I did some searching for a solution for you but I did not find any easy fix. It appears the only fix it a system repair, for details how to do it see: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

I wish I had better news.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.275109/
Relevancy 50.74%

i installed xp about 4 months ago, i run adaware and trend micro scan. i can not get into my user accounts. this started about 4 weeks ago, i get the hour glass for about 2 seconds but it will not open. everything else in my control panel runs fine

Insert your Windows XP cd and proceed to install Windows, select the UPGRADE option, this will fix any errors with Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.251728/
Relevancy 50.74%

First, will it have a bad impact on my laptop performance if I create accounts?

Second, I have heard it is safer to run user space on limited account so how do I transfer ALL my documents to that new limited account?
THANKS!!!!!!!!

A:User Accounts?

Set up a regular account (not adminsitrative) and then give permissions.
Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/168390-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer recently bluescreened (error 0x0000007f (0x00000008, some more numbers and commas) and on restart only one of the four user accounts remained. The files under their documents and settings folder are still there, but the accounts themselves are gone from welcome screen and the control panel user accounts utility. Furthermore I cannot create new users with their names even if I change their direcotry's name (i.e john smith to john smith2), it says "Account/User Name Already exists". I know how to create new accounts and give them control of the users files, but I would prefer to restore the old ones. Any ideas?

P.S. XP SP3

A:User accounts gone

I figured out how to re enable the accounts on my own but the problem is not solved, the accounts keep dissapearing later if the computer freezes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-gone.908241/
Relevancy 50.74%

Computer hangs upon switching users. Cannot logon to other user accounts. These were accounts that have worked properly for over a year until today. End up having to manually shut down.

A:XP User accounts

This sounds like your problem...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q312058/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-user-accounts-69972.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I download sp-1 and it messed up my machine. I said screw it and reinstalled windows. Now I need to get into a old user account that was password protected. Is there any way to get into that sort of folder. All my files are in there. Please help if you can.

A:Old user accounts in XP

Hi, wyowheels

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. Files are files - they are not "in" a user account. Open Explorer and look under the "Documents and settings" folder for a sub-folder with the old user name. If it's there you should have access to it (and all its sub-folders and files) now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-user-accounts-in-xp.95582/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey Its Working now Thanks everyone Yes i did do the whole F thing but what happened is that it just choose to install of F but when i pushed Esc it went to a screen where it showed both drives and then allowed me to install on C im writing this reply on my comp D Thanks for yor help though although there is now one more thing this isnt the first time xp has been reinstalled on accounts user this comp so there are various documents left over from previous accounts the thing is most of these files deny me acces to them now before i reinstalled xp my computer was in a semi operational state like my softwares were installed but didnt work so as i was making my backup if i came accross a file that user accounts was like this the access granted to a user from a previous user accounts xp i right clicked went to security i think and there was an option to change owner now i cant find that option any more when i right click does any one know how i can remove these files there on both drives

Did you try in safe mode under Administrator?
You may have to use Administrator option. Go to User accounts in control panel and delete the whole user account. This should wipe out all files of that user.
Hope this helps
Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-212433.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a guest account on my system that is now shut off but it is set to have administrator but i don't want that and when i try and change it, it won't change to standard user! Any help here! Windows vista

Hello bl6377,

Could perhaps describe exactly what the problem is with the Guest account?

Guest Accounts cannot be setup as adminstrators, by default they are limited accounts. When Managing a Guest Account, you are only able to change its default picture, or turn it off/on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.788828/
Relevancy 50.74%

Sorry if I am alittle grumpy right now. For some reason I can't get back into my admin account. It says I have the wrong password. I tried going through safe mode and administrator but it also said I have the wrong password. How do I login to my account?

Sincerely Gorshum