Windows Support Forum

Acer Aspire One keyboard "Fn" problem

Q: Acer Aspire One keyboard "Fn" problem

hi guys.

help

im having trouble with my laptop keyboard.
whenever i use my laptop keyboard the Fn function is "on" for the numeric keypad (the one usually on the right side of a normal keyboard). this started when i used an external keyboard. so thinking 'bout it i unplug the external keyboard but the same thing happens. the Fn function for the numeric keypad is "on". I have also tried powercycling the system but its still the same.

Please help. I can't use my laptop outside my house coz of that.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer Aspire One keyboard "Fn" problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer Aspire One keyboard "Fn" problem

Try holding down the function key and hitting the numlock or scroll lock key, this is usually how you engage or disengage the laptops function keys on the keyboard. Most laptops have a light that will turn on and off when you do this, indicating that the funtion keys are in use.

I also found a very similar post here: http://geeklord.com/2008/01/19/solution-to-keyboard-lag-problem-in-acer-aspire-4520-laptop/
About sticky keys (although that model may be different to yours)
Seems there may be a Bios update for that very issue

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-keyboard-fn-problem.120845/
Relevancy 93.74%

I reformatted an acer aspire 5100 laptop.
I partitioned it.
I installed Win98SE on the first partition, installation went well apart from not booting at all.
Now whatever system I load or install, 98 or ME I can only access safe mode in ME. 2000 refuses to install. Is this laptop vendor software specific as the drivers dont seem to be accessed from any normal Win OS I install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatted-acer-aspire-5100-loads-3-oss-2-only-in-safe-mode.679970/
Relevancy 93.74%

I recently purchased an ACER Aspire V - PG computer and when hooking it up to my receiver or TV via HDMI I cannot get audio to play I error in" for Aspire "not HDMI V3-572PG plugged audio ACER have tried going into Control Panel gt gt Sounds and setting HDMI as default but it HDMI audio "not plugged in" error for ACER Aspire V3-572PG seems that the system does not even recognize that the HDMI is plugged in at least not the audio component as the video is working fine It seems that I have all the latest drivers Windows High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio with the relevant driver apparently being the Windows High Def Audio Device driver I have downloaded more recent drivers from Windows Update Catalog but when I try to update them via Device Manager I get the message quot the most recent driver is already installed quot The HDMI cable does not appear to be an issue as it was working with the previous laptop and both cables have the same problem Any viable solution would be greatly appreciated I am going to try playing audio via the headphone jack but the HDMI port is preferred to minimize the of cables Thanks in advance Rob

A:HDMI audio "not plugged in" error for ACER Aspire V3-572PG

For anyone else having this issue, I happened to find a solution here: Digital Audio (HDMI) shows not Plugged In Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community .. specifically, I used the Intel update tool to update the graphics driver. I somehow managed to install a newer Realtek driver (6.0.1.7378) before doing this, but it wasn't working until I updated the graphics driver. Now HDMI is plug n' play for both audio and video.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/62502-hdmi-audio-not-plugged-error-acer-aspire-v3-572pg.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi all, I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 on my notebook (Acer Aspire 5742-7645) from the DVD. I get as far as this screen: http://www.buildeasypc.com/pics/wind...windows7_3.jpg
When I click "Install now," the screen says "Setup is starting..." and then never moves on. I have gone into BIOS and set the boot order to DVD first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire - Windows 7 reinstallation stuck on "Setup is starting"

Here are some good answers and some common things to check:
http//answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/windows-7-install-is-stuck-at-setup-is-starting/1b429a4f-b81c-419a-9780-308c743e1129

Let us know the results of these checks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314505-acer-aspire-windows-7-reinstallation-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi Everyone,

First post here, allow me to thank you in advance for your good help - people like me who have limited information on diagnostics and repair owe a deep debt of gratitude for your service.

I own an Acer Aspire V5-571P-6815, which has put up the Recovery blue screen of death, citing Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information. It also cites File:\BCD, Error Code 0xc0000034. It says I'll need to use the recovery tools ion my installation media or boot cd/USB device.

Thank you so much for any help you may be able to give me. I am ready to carry out instruction. I have my cell phone, iPad, and temporarily, another laptop with CD burner.

EDIT: I also have access to UEFI Firmware Settings with menu options. Thanks.

Best,

Maitai11

A:BSOD, error code 0xc0000034, Acer Aspire V5, "Recovery"

Wow, I didn't know topics were posted so quickly - I thought I had lost my post, but it turns out that it already ended up on the 2nd page...

So, I'm sorry to be bumping this, but I was just wondering if someone could get me started in the right direction? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Maitai

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57499-bsod-error-code-0xc0000034-acer-aspire-v5-recovery.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I just had to replace the top cover including touchpad on an Acer running Windows Home Premium The cover appears identical to the old one and everything works but the symantics touchpad software doesn't recognize to can't Synaptic 5741 "Tap kill touchpad - Aspire Click" Acer the touchpad as a touchpad it shows as a quot wheel mouse on PS port quot Therefore I can't turn off the incredibly annoying quot tap to click quot function The option to disable tap to click is grayed out it appears that's because the touch pad is seen as a quot mouse quot not a touch pad as it was before When no drivers are installed Device Manager just sees it as a PS Mouse When drivers are installed Device Synaptic touchpad can't kill "Tap to Click" - Acer Aspire 5741 Manager sees it as Synaptics PS Port Touchpad Acer identifies three manufacturers of touchpads on the on its support website I have tried all three ALPS Synaptic touchpad can't kill "Tap to Click" - Acer Aspire 5741 Synaptics and Elan the Synaptics drivers install and work as above ALPs installs but doesn't provide any control and Elan doesn't even install At the recommendation of the vendor of the laptop cover I tried a site called Synaptic touchpad can't kill "Tap to Click" - Acer Aspire 5741 quot magicdriver quot to help identify the hardware since Windows apparently does that based on the drivers It does appear to be a synaptic touchpad based on quot hardware ID quot under properties details via device manager The OS is entirely up to date I have tried the latest Synaptics drivers I have tried using the original driver version that came with the laptop and I have tried a couple of versions in between Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might correct this Are there any utilities that I can use to kill quot tap to click quot generally Anything in the registry Thanks

A:Synaptic touchpad can't kill "Tap to Click" - Acer Aspire 5741

I determined that the touchpad in the replacement top cover was from Elantech. Even when deleting the Synaptics drivers under "uninstall programs" and deleting the driver in device manager along with the "PS/2 mouse" the device ID code implies that the hardware manufacturer is Synaptics. I downloaded the "Acer" versions of all three manufacturers' drivers from the Acer support page, then extracted them all to separate directories. I then installed and uninstalled them all. The key was to use "Update Driver" from within Device Manager to get them to properly install. That was hours of my life I'll never get back!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/278304-synaptic-touchpad-cant-kill-tap-click-acer-aspire-5741-a.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey guys Recently my computer's been having an infinite reboot issue so I looked on various websites on how to fix said problem Each website I went to directed me towards the alt F method but whenever I try to use this method it says quot Please wait a moment quot for about - minutes then gives me an error report saying quot ERROR failed to copy napp exe to ram quot So far I've Tried to reset my CMOS to "ERROR: Alt+F10 Failure Aspire Acer copy to ram" napp7.exe failed to - default did not work Tried to go to Advanced Boot Options laptop just kept restarting Tried to see if my D D recovery was enabled in BIOS it was Tried to use alt F did not work I really don't Acer Aspire Alt+F10 Failure - "ERROR: failed to copy napp7.exe to ram" have the time or money at the moment to buy a recovery disk hopefully it can be voided so I Acer Aspire Alt+F10 Failure - "ERROR: failed to copy napp7.exe to ram" was wondering if a Anyone had another troubleshooting tip or b If anyone knew how to fix the alt f method I tried Thanks in advance

A:Acer Aspire Alt+F10 Failure - "ERROR: failed to copy napp7.exe to ram"

Quote: Originally Posted by isohix

Hey guys. Recently my computer's been having an infinite reboot issue, so I looked on various websites on how to fix said problem. Each website I went to directed me towards the alt + F10 method, but whenever I try to use this method it says "Please wait a moment..." for about 10 - 20 minutes then gives me an error report saying "ERROR: failed to copy napp7.exe to ram."

So far I've...
Tried to reset my CMOS to default, did not work.
Tried to go to Advanced Boot Options, laptop just kept restarting.
Tried to see if my D2D recovery was enabled in BIOS, it was.
Tried to use alt+F10, did not work.

I really don't have the time or money at the moment to buy a recovery disk (hopefully it can be voided), so I was wondering if
a.) Anyone had another troubleshooting tip.
or
b.) If anyone knew how to fix the alt+f10 method I tried.

Thanks in advance.

It looks like your recovery partition is corrupted. You never want to rely on the recovery partition, because if your hard drive fails, the recovery partition goes down with it. The erecovery manager should've prompted you to make the recovery discs when you first started up the computer. It doesn't cost any money to make them. Since you don't havbe erecovery discs, it looks like you are going to have to clean install Windows 7 (which I prefer because it doesn't have all of the bloatware that you would have if you ran erecovery) To clean install Windows 7 on your computer, please follow this tutorial and post back with any questions: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/234032-acer-aspire-alt-f10-failure-error-failed-copy-napp7-exe-ram.html
Relevancy 93.74%

My laptop freezes after to hours of playing it totaly freezes and i can't do anything anymore Also if i restart the first restarts i do after the freez will also freez at startup It isn't overheating because it stays at a stable to degrees sometimes to but not higher I use CCleaner for keeping my laptop clean from temporarly files and fixe registry errors I already have done an HDD and RAM test Logbook also gives me the warning a lot of times Event-service - "Acer My random at laptop times. Freezes 7560G" Aspire eventID And the warning Restart-Manager - EventID Download logbook of my last days https www mediafire com lmq b wdaoe chm url The VSS errors already are fixed as of if im right System specs quot Acer Aspire G quot laptop original windows version AMD Quad-Core Processor A - M with Turbo CORE Technology up to GHz AMD Radeon HD G GB Dedicated VRAM quot HD LED LCD GB DDR Memory Installed GB HDD DVD-Super Multi DL drive Acer My laptop "Acer Aspire 7560G" Freezes at random times. Nplify b g n

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-laptop-acer-aspire-7560g-freezes-at-random-times-851026.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello

I need help with my Acer Aspire One

I am trying to open Football Manager 2007 and 2008 and I was wondering if anyone can help me please?

When i click on the shortcut on the desktop it just says "Unable to open in fullscreen mode" and then i click ok and i can hear the starting sound of the game but no thing happends..

Thank You

Relevancy 93.74%

About a month ago I was having troubles with my laptop "black Acer death" one Aspire screen AO751h of where the battery percentage would always say or or just die right after I unplug my laptop I was told that it wasn t my battery just needed to update my bios SOOOOO one day I finally decided to update my bios and made the worst Acer Aspire one AO751h "black screen of death" mistake possible I was running the update when I thought my laptop had frozen and I pretty much panic d and forced my laptop to shut off I did read on the update when I launched quot do not shut off computer quot and that s exactly what I did it was an automatic reaction simply because I did not know the update started the moment I opened the exe file since it didn t say that in the quot readme txt quot file SO of course now my laptop is gone black screen when I cut it on I ve read tutorials all online about this issue with an acer aspire one netbook on how to fix this but the tutorial seems to be for that ONE SPECIFIC NETBOOK which is the acer aspire one aa I tried following that tutorial with the bios files from the acer website for my laptop but they don t have the files for my netbook that the tutorial goes off of I came here for help to see if anyone could help me because I pretty much figured since it s an problem that was fixable on that model there has to be some sort of way I can fix this with my laptop Like the title it s an Acer Aspire One ZA AO h and has Windows Vista Bit Yes I do understand my laptop is pretty much done and useless if this isn t fixable Thanks is advance nbsp

Relevancy 93.74%

My laptop, when powered up started automatically launching Windows Start Repair and loops for hours in fixing problems. I do not know what prompted this cycle to even start. I have entered the F2 screen at the start up and made it so it starts from a disk vs hard drive. I then put in the 1st recovery cd and restart. It automatically loads into the screen "Please wait a moment" and never proceeds. Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/387291-acer-aspire-v5-571-recovery-disk-stays-stuck-please-wait-moment.html
Relevancy 93.74%

My grandkids destroyed their computer Don't know what they did but getting quot setup is starting services quot and it's frozen Am not able to get past it Did try one suggestion On the same error screen press SHIFT F and it will open up a installing Acer 5349-2899 "Setup Aspire services" is locked black Window a command prompt window In the black windows type the word quot regedit quot without the inverted commas and hit enter That will open the registry editor In the Registry Editor Browse to HKLocal machine SYSTEM SETUP STATUS ChildCompletion and after highlighting childcompletion on the right hand side check for setup exe if the value is change it to by double clicking on setup exe and changing the value shown in the box Then close the registry editor and then also close the black window Then click on OK for the error and the computer will restart and the installation may complete This did not work The kids did not make backup discs either To avoid this nonsense in the future I purchased OEM version of Windows Home Prem SPI -bit I figured I would just changed the boot sequence to CD-ROM and just do a clean install with the new disc Lots Acer Aspire 5349-2899 locked "Setup is installing services" of luck it accesses the disc but still does quot Setup is installing services quot and freezes there Apparently it's still trying to do a recovery I don't know how to get around this Any ideas Would getting a new hard drive more money down the drain and then do a new install get me out of this mess Have no interest in saving anything on this computer so data loss is not a problem Currently has Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Edition Thanks for any help

A:Acer Aspire 5349-2899 locked "Setup is installing services"

Quote:
Would getting a new hard drive (more money down the drain)

Before doing that,
Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/291628-acer-aspire-5349-2899-locked-setup-installing-services.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I started to do a full "stuck" Aspire restore Acer system Solved: during (recovery) 5750z system recovery on my son s Acer Aspire z Windows Home Premium -bit using the Recovery DVD s we made when we bought it Everything was working fine through the first three discs I was called away while the Solved: Acer Aspire 5750z "stuck" during system restore (recovery) third disc was in use maybe minutes and when I got back to the machine the window was up asking me to remove disc and insert disc I did and in the hours and minutes since then nothing has happened The Acer eRecovery Management v Window is up Step quot Restore Progres quot is highlighted The elapsed time counter is continuing to run currently at hours minutes and counting the quot Restoring System quot bar is full and shows and the quot Updating System quot bar is stuck at which is where it was when I put in the th disc I am tempted to shut down the laptop and start all over again but I am afraid that it will mess something up if I do what should I do at this point nbsp

A:Solved: Acer Aspire 5750z "stuck" during system restore (recovery)

big_m:
Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

I started to do a full system recovery on my son's Acer Aspire 5750z, Click to expand...

Why?

I am NOT, sadly an expert with the Acer recovery program.

I don't know if stopping & restarting will damage your computer.

Which service pack of W7 HP 64 bit?

Logically, what choices have you; wait for X # of hours, or shut it down?

If you shut it down, boot to the W7 Recovery Environment & try a repair. It might find the files necessary to believe that W7 is currently installed.

Run Diags from Acer, that are probably built into the computer.

Which Acer Aspire 5750z? There seem to be multiple offerings.

There's a user guide here.
http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3681

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5750z-stuck-during-system-restore-recovery.1088898/
Relevancy 93.74%

Greetings and salutations I Aspire installed" Device w/ 3690 is Audio "No Output Acer Conexant: recently upgraded an Acer Aspire to Acer Aspire 3690 w/ Conexant: "No Audio Output Device is installed" Windows bit and everything went well almost See for life of me I can't get audio to work That old chestnut The speaker icon in the notification area displays the white cross red circle and informs me that quot Acer Aspire 3690 w/ Conexant: "No Audio Output Device is installed" No Audio Output Device is installed quot Fine Okay Just a driver problem right Well Device Manager is showing no discrepancies and the two devices associated with the Aspire's audio chipset Conexant are installed and happy Modems HDA CX Soft Modem and System devices High Definition Audio Controller But there is no entry for Sound Video and Game Controllers and that's what concerns me Acer's driver support page for the tells me that Realtek powers the audio but regardless of the potentially compatible audio drivers I've tried to install most of the Conexant drivers fail with quot Driver installation failed could not find the MEDIA device for this driver quot and the Realtek drivers either have no effect or BSOD the machine I've had no success Now if I was running XP then MUAA would I'm convinced resolve the issue but as far as Windows is concerned I'm at a loss Best I figured the Realtek drivers should latch onto the High Definition Audio Controller then provide an Audio Output Device but nothing's happening I'm convinced that the physical hardware's fine because the Soft Modem diagnostics provide feedback and the BIOS has been updated to Anyway any help would be GREATLY appreciated lest I source a PCMCIA sound card that'll output through the laptop's speakers Thanks

A:Acer Aspire 3690 w/ Conexant: "No Audio Output Device is installed"

I'm assuming you upgraded from Vista/XP. With and upgrade to a different OS and there are devices that don't work right away with the latest drivers tells me that the BIOS for the MOBO needs to updated/flashed. I would start there first. Sometimes the old BIOS are just not compatible with a new version of an OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/195641-acer-aspire-3690-w-conexant-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I m not real experienced so I apologize for expressing things with more detail than might be relevant to this problem I just don t know what is and what is not relevant I transferred less than GB of data in folders within folders to a hard drive WD Passport Used hard drive to put that data in their nested folders onto my brand new Acer settings? Aspire original Acer Antivirus/restore How One startup "freeze": deinstall Aspire One Then put ESET NOD Antivirus on the Aspire One using a thumbdrive bought at Microcenter same day I got the Aspire One Acer Aspire One startup "freeze": How deinstall Antivirus/restore original settings? because they advised me to I opted during installation NOT to Acer Aspire One startup "freeze": How deinstall Antivirus/restore original settings? use the internet to probably to register the Antivirus Selected to do that later The hard drive was still hooked up at the time if that makes a difference Then I shut down and disconnected the hard drive and the thumbdrive Have not been able to use the computer since When I turn it on now It starts up normally and shows desktop There is maybe a minute when I can double-click on an application or file If I open the text file that is already on my desktop I can even edit it But if I try to open any other application it never has time to successfully open It seems that as soon as the Antivirus starts up -- at least as a window comes up that says quot ESET NOD Antivirus quot -- nothing works I can move the cursor arrow around but if I click on anything nothing happens If I move the cursor arrow down to the bar at the bottom of the screen where the start menu is and the small rectangle that says quot ESET NOD Antivirus quot then the cursor arrow turns into an hourglass So at that point I can do nothing at all but move the cursor around I think either adding the hard drive data all at once screwed things up or the Antivirus did or somehow the two together did I left the computer on overnight hoping it was simply adjusting somehow to all the data folders I had put on from the hard drive and that by morning it would run properly No dice Other remedies tried so far As described on page and of the User Guide that came with the Aspire One I tried to start the Acer eRecovery Management -- but as with any application it does not have time to actually start So no dice Then as described in the User Guide page I tried to quot restore my computer to its original settings without recovery CDs quot The instructions here say quot Note To activate the BIOS utility press lt F gt during POST quot Did that after finding out what POST means In BIOS was able to find quot D D Recovery quot and saw that it was already Enabled But could not find any reference at all to quot Acer disk-to-disk quot recovery so could not figure out if that was Enabled or not I went ahead anyway and tried to start the recovery process by pressing lt Alt gt lt F gt at the same time as the screen shows the Acer logo Tried to do this both after a restart as the instructions advise and also after having shut down completely and then turning it back on No dice after multiple trials of each When trying to restart the computer shows the message quot Windows is shutting down quot but never actually does It just stays in that state indefinitely unless I shut it down using the power button So I never got to try lt Alt gt lt F gt after a restart Tried reattaching the hard drive and thumbdrive on a hunch that maybe the laptop was trying to reference something on them and stuck in a cycle of looking for them when they were not connected No dice Ideally I d like to keep the computer protected by ESET NOD Antivirus But if necessary I might have to settle for just removing it but how Any help appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Acer Aspire One startup "freeze": How deinstall Antivirus/restore original settings?

you could try booting the computer up in safe mode, then removing the antivirus software and rebooting normally to see if it makes any difference

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-startup-freeze-how-deinstall-antivirus-restore-original-settings.772046/
Relevancy 93.31%

A friend of mine purchased this computer from a Wal-Mart about a year ago. I have noticed that ever since re-installing windows onto this computer, the fan speed is running at (what seems like) 200% all the time. No matter what. I installed a program called Speed Fan and it does not register a fan being in the system at all. It also tells me that my core temperature (right after startup) is at 108 degrees F. That is absolutely absurb. I have ordered and installed a new fan, and the problem is still the same. I have also checked all my drivers, all my windows updates, and my BIOS is up to date. I am completely out of ideas and am close to scrapping the computer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Acer Aspire D257-13450 Fan "Out of Control"

There should be some sort of fan control in the BIOS. In my laptop, in the BIOS, I have only limited options (2), to either to have the fan on low at all times or on high that cycles on and off when a certain temperature is reached (that I can't control). Most laptops off the shelf are low end and really don't have any viable options for control of the internal hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/253244-acer-aspire-d257-13450-fan-out-control.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Guys, three days ago I was using an Acer Aspire 1410 notebook until I mistakenly pressed the disable trackpad key on the keyboard for the one which turns off the display. I have hit on that key previously various times, but for the first time it permanently disabled the trackpad on the little pc. (Of course, I tried enabling it again)

I restarted the PC, and bam! The trackpad disappeared from the Device Manager page! I just don't know what to do. I don't want to disassemble the pc.

Any ideas? Thanks

A:Acer Aspire 1410's trackpad "killed itself" :s

Go back to acer's website and try downloading and reinstalling the driver for it before you freak completely out. Also make sure the toggle is in the "on" position as what disabling it using that button does, is completely cut power to the device.

Which would explain why it's not showing in the device manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/222301-acer-aspire-1410s-trackpad-killed-itself-s.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi i got a problem with my ASPIRE--"tv_ConfigMgrErr31" ACER ACER ASPIRE i had a black ACER ASPIRE--"tv_ConfigMgrErr31" screen of death i managed to get it up and running again so i did a system check and it came up with this error code Error code for acer aspire quot tv ConfigMgrErr quot The device Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is reporting quot tv ConfigMgrErr quot This device will not be available until the issue is resolved The Plug and Play ID for this device is D F - - C -A FA-A FD BAF VWIFIMP -AD BD- - when i moved into my new place i had to use pre paid mobile broadband dongles i used a vodaphone one and an orange one i tried uninstalling the software i thought that i did then the laptop crashed when i got it going again i managed to reinstall windows it lasted days and i have the black screen of death again is there anyway i can fix this problem with help on this forum please advise cambodreads

A:ACER ASPIRE--"tv_ConfigMgrErr31"

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried system restore to a point when it was all working googling your issue comes up with updating the bios which you can get from here Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 5532 the most recent is 2010 but I would only do that as a last resort

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-tv_configmgrerr31-660099.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I broke one of the quot feet quot on my old E-Machines PS keyboard I have used for years and like I also use one at work that's pretty close to the same layout I am looking everywhere for "stiff" and Backspace" keys and large "Enter Keyboard a keyboard with a large quot enter quot and quot backspace quot I can't find one I don't care if it's USB or PS but hate the quot flat quot type that ship with computers Keyboard large "Enter and Backspace" and "stiff" keys these days you look at the key to hard and it presses I have HUGE hands and like the quot old style quot keyboard that you have to press pretty hard on the keys like an actual spring under them Do any of you know of a specialty keyboard shop or somewhere else with a big Keyboard large "Enter and Backspace" and "stiff" keys selection I have looked all over the internet on the quot major quot places i e Newegg TigerDirect BestBuy Wal-Mart etc If anyone knows of a place that has quot old style quot keyboards please let me know I may have to settle but for such a small purchase that I use so much I'd like to get what I want and I can't be the only one with massive hands having these same issues The world isn't made for us big guys

A:Keyboard large "Enter and Backspace" and "stiff" keys

Actually, PS2 is still in vogue on on most motherboards, and most local computer repair shops sell older KBs - maybe for more than they are worth, but they do.

I have an older KB that is PS/2 - I'll make a pic and post it if you want it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/18154-keyboard-large-enter-backspace-stiff-keys.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi!

I've just bought and installed my brand new Acer S243HL LCD Monitor to my computer. I've followed the instructions and done everything as it should be in the set-up process. The problem is, I got this frame in 1920 x 1080 and 1776 x 1000 modes. I'm using a HDMI-cable.

This is how it looks like:

Here's my computer specs:

Manufacturer: Self built
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 8192 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 1,77 TB Total
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5
Monitor: Acer S243HL LCD
Sound Card: ATI HDMI Output (ATI High Definition Audio Device)
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Z-680 5.1 THX / Icemat Siberia Headset
Keyboard: Ideazon USB Zboard
Mouse: Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Mouse Surface: SteelPad 5L
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard: MSI P45 Neo-F
Computer Case: Cooler Master HAF 932
Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Acer S243HL LCD Monitor "black frame" problem

/BUMP!

I've found out some more since last time. I brought the monitor back to where I bought it, and it worked completely fine, so I came up with a conclusion.

It has to be something with my graphics card or something. But that is also actually a bit weird, 'cause I get the frame even while booting! Why!?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-s243hl-lcd-monitor-black-frame-problem.905412/
Relevancy 82.56%

This afternoon all of a sudden I couldn t log into Outlook Gmail enter an address in IE or use Google Whenever I entered a quot r Keyboard log "Search." use into or bringing up and IE Solved: e-mail Can't "Run" quot the quot Run quot box would appear and whenever I entered an quot e quot Solved: Keyboard bringing up "Run" and "Search." Can't log into e-mail or use IE the search box would appear Most of the letters worked OK but a lot of them brought up something else This has never happened before I tried using quot System Restore quot all the way back to but that did not help I have been running ESET NOD it s finished and although it hasn t found any virus infections it has located numerous errors opening files Then all of sudden the situation corrected itself and I was able to log into Outlook and Gmail and use Google Has anyone heard of this Solved: Keyboard bringing up "Run" and "Search." Can't log into e-mail or use IE l thought I would post this problem to see if there is anything I can do to correct the situation rather that hope that it corrects itself Thanks in advance for all suggestions comments nbsp

A:Solved: Keyboard bringing up "Run" and "Search." Can't log into e-mail or use IE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-keyboard-bringing-up-run-and-search-cant-log-into-e-mail-or-use-ie.786549/
Relevancy 82.56%

I recently went to sky from virgin and got a new router, since then my laptop cant get internet access only Local only and says Unidentified network. The laptop works fine with other routers and other laptops work fine with my router.

Can anyone help please

A:Acer 5315 "Unidentified Network" problem

how are you connected by wireless ?
have you tried connecting with a cable and does it work

can we see an ipconfig /all , and xirrus screen shot
also try a tcp/ip reset and also removing any wireless profiles - see all below

what windows version are you running

what wireless security is being used on the new router

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

How to remove Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/t109-removing-an-existing-wireless-profile

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for Vista and Windows 7
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless securit... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5315-unidentified-network-problem.1029830/
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

I confess I'm Mac user and helpless when it comes to assisting my son overcome his nonchalance with technical matters. He bought a very small Acer Aspire notebook with a dinky 8.9" screen. It wouldn't be my cup of tea, but he loves it. I was staggered when I learned that there is no software with it ? no OS disks. I believe it came loaded with the XP and it's his responsibility to make his own disks using an external drive to clone his system. Frankly I don't understand any of this, but I would be enormously grateful for advice on how he should proceed to fulfill his responsibility. Thank you up front.

A:Cloning Acer Aspire 8.9" notebook

It probably has a restore partition on it. When you boot up it should say something about hit this F key to restore or something, usually the F11 key. You can also make your own Restore CD's using the computer manufactures included utility.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cloning-acer-aspire-8-9-notebook-374146.html
Relevancy 81.7%

There are a few threads that do not specifically indicate that the Acer monitor has this problem.

I post this thread title merely for those searching for a solution, since the other threads do not feature Acer in the title.

The problem to this issue is certainly not the video card or drivers.

The problem is the power button. In order to reset the monitor so that the "no signal" problem disappears, one must unplug the monitor power cord and plug it back in. Then, do not turn the monitor off with the power button. Just shutdown or hibernate the computer leaving the monitor power button on 24/7.

This has solved the problem in most cases.

Some posters have suggested an Acer class action.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-no-signal-monitor-problem.634567/
Relevancy 80.84%

hi all,
I have an issue with the backlight keyboard. I can change the timeout and decide to turnoff the backlight after 5 seconds (for example), but after any restart It lose the choice made and the backlight always turned to default setting "always turned on" ...
it does not retain the choice made
I have the last drivers and apps available ... I suppose that there is a bug in the version available for my laptop: (quickset) Application_XXJDH_WN32_11.1.32_A00.EXE
any advice?
regards

A:Inspiron 13, 7359 - problem with backlight keyboard - "always turned on"

no one have some idea?
any different quickset version compatible with my laptop? any new drivers?
regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19667550
Relevancy 80.84%

I Acer 15.4" Aspire screen 5000 replacement was a bit too harsh on my acer aspire I haven t been good about using it at a desk and the finishing blow to the screen was when it slid off my lap onto a tile floor after the screen had Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement already been flickering for about a month and I ended up damaging the screen to the point where the backlight will turn on but the LCD part of the screen will not function I started asking around and took the cover off of the screen to see if it was simply a broken connection or something simple to fix I noticed that the only electrical connections are two that are at the base of the screen After talking to a person from geeksquad even though they Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement don t sell Acers it sounds like if I could manage to find a quot screen that is compatible with my acer I should be able to replace it myself However I m nervous that I may have not seen a connection that would require some soldering a technique I have not yet mastered Has anyone tried anything like this with an acer before or could the problem possibly be something else that I may have overlooked nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement

Hello, toret5, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it would be easier for you to just buy a whole new monitor, plus, as you say, a connection could have broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5000-15-4-screen-replacement.95322/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello guys! Unfortunately I had a problem with my keyboard. The 'M' button is broken. Not the button itself but the base structure that is holding the button from the hinges. I believe that I have to totally remove and replace the keyboard base with a new one. I just want to know that if I could fix that part by myself. Any help will be appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire 6530G Keyboard problem

This may help: How to Fix an Acer Laptop Keyboard Key | eHow.com

Or this: How to Replace an Acer Laptop keybaord | Laptop Computer and Printer Repair Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/179916-acer-aspire-6530g-keyboard-problem.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi guys I am facing a problem with Aspire problem Acer Keyboard 5943G my less-than-a-year-old Acer Aspire 5943G Keyboard problem Acer Aspire g laptop Certain keys on the keyboard wont work for some time when I switch on the laptop or when I get it off the sleep mode These keys are Caps Lock d s h m and some more After - minutes of frustrating around pressing random keys these keys activate and start functioning However the cycle repeats itself the next time I switch on my computer I googled and found that there are many users out there with similar issues but none have managed to get their issues resolved or at least no one has provided a satisfactory answer so far In this forum there is a exact same topic but that thread is closed I would be grateful if those users can suggest me what they ended up doing to cope with this issue I checked with the Acer people in Indonesia and they say that I will have to give my laptop and it can take up to working days I might do that but looking for the last ray of hope through this forum Many Thanks for your help in advance nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5943G Keyboard problem

Try a different keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5943g-keyboard-problem.1022353/
Relevancy 80.84%

Posting on behalf of my girlfriend...

Not sure if it's software or hardware, but she's having an issue with aforementioned notebook keyboard - basically when she's typing in Word and gets up to a reasonable speed, the cursor will jump to an earlier part of the document and words will start to highlight.

Any ideas?

A:Problem with Acer aspire 5720 keyboard

Usually the best fix is to replace the keyboard... about $30 to $50.
Try cleaning it thorougly with a can of difluoroethane gas such as dust off, as sometimes they are just dirty.
You might also attempt disconnecting and reseating all relevant cables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-acer-aspire-5720-keyboard.102448/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I've downloaded the latest version of Skype and wish to use my built-in webcam I'm 1410 aspire acer for (11.6") drivers Webcam notebook being told when I attempt to use Skype that there is a problem with my video device I thought I'd downloaded and installed the correct drivers after I Webcam drivers for acer aspire 1410 notebook (11.6") recently reformatted my system's HDD but still the message appears Going to the ACER website for driver support is inconclusive because there are several versions of different manufacturers' webcam drivers -- for both a Suyin model and a Chicony model Results differ in two of the different utilities that I've run for detection of the correct manufacturer one utility identified Chicony one did not Can someone please help me solve this mystery so I can finally get to camming again on Skype Thank you My notebook has the quot display and here are the overall specs Acer Aspire v Windows Home Premium Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed PM Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core Solo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Not hyper-threaded Board Acer Base Board Product Name Base Board Version Bus Clock megahertz BIOS INSYDE v new USB Storage Use in past Days mouse over last used for details new Hosted Virtual Machines mouse over name for details Last Used SanDisk Cruzer s n ED rev PM Possibly used again before the reboot following this time None discovered Drives new drive encryption Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TOSHIBA MK GSX Hard drive GB -- drive s n FLS R S rev FG J SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'DIMM ' has MB serial number A F Slot 'DIMM ' has MB serial number CC D

A:Webcam drivers for acer aspire 1410 notebook (11.6")

Have you tried the Acer driver checker program at the top of the results page?

Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 1410 (11.6")

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/252665-webcam-drivers-acer-aspire-1410-notebook-11-6-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hello My lappy keyboard is having problems my acer lappy model No is ZQ Aspire z this is the problem am facing now with my lappy until i need to use a external usb keyboard to type the list of problems am is 4738/4738z keyboard Aspire problem My having acer facing now with my lappy keyboard the keys No and cant type the keys when i type it come out to be instead of the keys - when i hold the shift key it also the same - instead of the keys when i type it turns out to be instead of the key o when i type is appear to be instead of My acer Aspire 4738/4738z keyboard is having problem o the key P when i type it comes out to be instead of P the key i when i type out it turns out to be My acer Aspire 4738/4738z keyboard is having problem a instead of i the key U when i type out it turns out to be a instead a u the key J when i type out it turns out to be a instead of j the key k when i type out is turns out to be a instead of k the key L when i type out it turns out to be a instead of a l may i know what is actually happening and is there any solution to solve it anything just mail it to my email this is urgent as i cant do my school work

A:My acer Aspire 4738/4738z keyboard is having problem

Since the external works, it looks like you're ready for a new keyboard, but to be sure try the onscreen one; Accessories>System Tools>Accessibility>On Screen Keyboard. Also please don't post in bold caps. It's considered shouting. Also use the built in font as your post is quite large. Since your OS is Windows 7 and not 9X, I'm moving the thread there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-acer-aspire-4738-4738z-keyboard-is-having-problem-652148.html
Relevancy 79.98%

The title is a bit odd, so I'll properly explain this one:

In windows XP, I used to make accented characters by pressing ', followed with a or e or i - etc. -->
But now in Windows 7, when I press the ' button, the ' appears on screen already, making it impossible to type accented characters. It will appear as 'a or "a for example, instead of respectively or .

Is there a setting-based solution for this, or is it related to keyboard driver from W7?

A:Solved: Windows 7 - Keyboard ["]/["a] problem

I suspect the keyboard is set to US-English instead of US-International.

Goto Control Panel | Region and Language
Click the Keyboard and Languages tab
Click Change keyboards... button
Click Add, scroll to English (United States) and check the box for United States-International
Click OK
Select the United States-International for the Default input language

See this article: Using US-Int'l Keyboard Layout to Type Accented Characters for the combinations you can use

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-keyboard-a-problem.861407/
Relevancy 79.98%

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 on my HDX 18t. Now I've done basically all the updates. I've installed all my necessary programs.

Yet when I go to Devices & Printers I keep get a troubleshooting message and when I go to deal with it all I get is the same repeating message about a "keyboard filter" driver.

Does anyone know what this is and more importantly where I can get it from on hp's website?

A:HP HDX18t "Keyboard Filter" Problem

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

I have installed Windows 7 ALREADY.

I have installed the LATEST version of HP's Quick Launch Buttons...

I'm STILL getting this keyboard filter driver issue. I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THIS DRIVER ON HPs WEBSITE.

Does anyone have a clue where to get it...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/66753-hp-hdx18t-keyboard-filter-problem.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

I am using an Acer 22" widescreen monitor, (x223w) and since I have it I have been getting the "input not supported" error message while booting.
I never took the time to look it up, but today I did. I found lots and lots of solutions, but none fixed it.

What I did learn, is that many people have trouble with this monitor, and get the same error. And in a lot of the cases, it had something to do with the maximum resolution supported by the video card, and the resolution set on the monitor.

I have looked up the maximum res. of my VC, (Nvidia Geforce 8500GT) and it was 2048x1536. So why would the resolution of 1680x1050 bother it?

My OS is Windows XP

Does anyone have a solution for this?

A:"input not supported" in boot acer 22" ws monitor

Hi

its not what the video card can output, its what the monitor can handle

If you try to get the monitor to run at a higher rate than it can handle, it wont work and goes blank. this is why XP gives you the 15 seconds to agree to the change....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/input-not-supported-in-boot-acer-22-ws-monitor.127646/
Relevancy 79.12%

My acer laptop has been like this for awhile since i paid for it to be fixed,when im doing a letter for example and i turn on the CAPS LOCK button it goes into caps ok,but i have to press the BUTTON UNDERNEATH CAPS LOCK CALLED SHIFT TO GET CAPS LOCK TO TURN OFF!!!

does anyone know how i get it back to factory keyboard settings?just a simple caps on and off button would be nice today lol!
cheers.

A:Acer Aspire 5315 keyboard setup, capslock problem

The keyboard may be defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5315-keyboard-setup-capslock-problem.164818/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey folks My first post on here but I problem card failure a sound "meddling"... boot just "beep" tone. after Desktop m in serious trouble Desktop boot problem after sound card "meddling"... just a "beep" failure tone. I got a quot new quot to me anyway desktop running XP today and found the audio hardware wasn t working So I pillaged an old machine for its sound card and inserted that onto the motherboard Also connected the Aux and CD lines to the top of the daughterboard Since then to my horror the machine has failed to boot All plugged in keyboard working screen on and being used on another box for this very post All I get now is the usual chirps from the internal soundcard followed by a few very low notes definitely depressing so I guess they re suggesting something s failed There s no further action from the CPU the fan still works but there is no screen output whatever Have I fried the motherboard without realising Also ironically the last failure tone was delivered by my speakers through the originally non-responsive audio hardware I d love a bit of help on this one because my knowledge of computers insidey bits is pretty poor Many thanks Joe nbsp

A:Desktop boot problem after sound card "meddling"... just a "beep" failure tone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-boot-problem-after-sound-card-meddling-just-a-beep-failure-tone.666097/
Relevancy 77.83%

Got my computer back today "Your Security + Infected" "Internet 2010" problem System Is virus/malware Background Windows XP and my background is now all green with a black box in the middle saying quot Your System Is Infected etc quot Also a red circle with a white X in the task bar I can t open the task manager Can Anyone Help Downloaded HiJackThis My log "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem AM on Platform Windows XP "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system dlcqcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system winupdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MP Player mp Player exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files InternetSecurity IS exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Inte... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-system-is-infected-background-internet-security-2010-virus-malware-problem.889124/
Relevancy 77.83%

Got my computer back today Windows XP and my background is now all green with a black box in the middle saying quot Your System Is Infected etc quot Also a red circle with a white X in the task bar I can't open the task manager Can Anyone Help Downloaded HiJackThis My log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan "Internet Security System virus/malware "Your Infected" problem Background 2010" + Is saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system dlcqcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system winupdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MP Player mp Player exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files InternetSecurity IS exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Intern... Read more

A:"Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I'm afraid HijackThis no longer provides the information we require.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, as far as they possibly can, before posting for assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

If you have problems with any of the steps, simply move on to the next one and make a note of the problem in your reply.

Please note that the Security Forum is always busy, so I would ask for your patience while waiting for a reply - it may take a few days.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/your-system-is-infected-background-internet-security-2010-virus-malware-problem-445923.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi everybody I suddenly lost the ability to connect to the internet through cable I think it is related to the security update addressing a vulnerability in kerberus http support microsoft com kb I have no idea what it does but I m reasonably sure that it happened just after the update The network connection keeps cycling between quot identifying quot and quot network cable unplugged quot every - seconds I m running windows on an older lenovo laptop and I ve tried rebooting system restore reinstalling the drivers removing lenovo s connectivity program uninstalling the security update manually but all to no avail A thread with a similar problem led me to try changing the quot link speed and duplex quot from quot auto negotiation quot to quot mbps full duplex quot under the advanced tab of the network connection properties this gives me a network connection but no internet access Connecting the cable through the side of the computer changes nothing compared to connection through the docking station I can access the internet just fine through wifi Any ideas Any help will be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Mysterious "Identifying"/"cable unplugged" cycle Internet connection problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mysterious-identifying-cable-unplugged-cycle-internet-connection-problem.1137775/
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello!
Please help me if you can? From time to time, when typing, the only letters that come up are, "a" and "b"! I have a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 4000. I checked to see if the program was running ok and it was. I also re-connect the device to the receiver. I then have to log out and re-log in and it seems to help for a bit, then it will do it again! Also, I can type just fine in the Google bar, but not anywhere else (except Notepad). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
My operating system is Windows XP

A:Keyboard only types letters "a" and "b" !!!

Microsoft addresses problems with that keyboard Here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-only-types-letters-a-and-b.793315/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello TSG Just yesterday I was using the computer normally until I got a Blue Screen Getting a blue screen is usually something normal that occurs to my every so often so I didn t mind it and rebooted the computer normally Disk not 1 Solved: found" and problem "Drive "Floppy Failure" However I got two more blue screens within the next hour The rd time rebooting my computer starts to act strange as if it had a virus Upon powering up the monitor would just display a black screen with two lines about something --- which I don t remember sorry --- and stayed like that unless I plugged out the power cord or held on the power button to shut down Then when after a few tries it boots and displays a message quot Floppy Disk Failure quot and quot Drive not found Serial ATA SATA- quot and the same message for Drives and show up Also it asks me to continue loading by pressing the F Key When Windows loads the first time it displays a message saying a bunch of hardware has just been installed and ready for use Also Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem my internal clock resetted itself back to Monday November Which if I recall is the date when I got the computer and my speakers do not work TL Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem DR Version Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem blue screens within a short time Floppy disk fail Drivers - not found Serial ATA SATA- - Anyway I browsed through Google but I haven t seen anyone with both problems I disabled my Floppy Disk Drive and that message doesn t show up anymore but the others do and my computer still isn t fixed I ran a virus scan over night but I woke up to a black screen I use avast Antivirus with COMODO Firewall Is this a virus Is this because my hardware is old Here are the Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon X X X Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc X CN G WL Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have some kind of malware on my system and I need help to remove it.

Symptoms: After performing a web search using google and click my desired site, my browser is usually redirected to one of the following sites: zapmeta, netster, romemaster, stopzilla, toseeka. It's different everytime.

What I've done thus far: I've run Spybot and Ad-Aware during a "safemode" session. These found a lot of "threats," which I removed. This did not fix the problem. I then tried to restore my computer to an earlier date, but that failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello everyone Recently I'm playing Anno also called Dawn of Discovery in my Vista Home Basic bit finely until I saw the problem with the quot save load quot problem First it saves quot systematically quot but the save is corrupted to a kb file Second the game can't load the 'properlly saved' save file and also the corrupted one also Few of Anno 1404 "save/load" problem and "runas.exe" using the players had the similar problem and someone said that making another user account works and I tried and really worked for me Yes I can play this way but all of my files and infos are saved in the Administrator account and I don't want to switch users just to play that game Recently I found a useful MS program which is runas and found how to run as another account It asks for the account pw and everythis was fine but it doesn't run my game It just closes the cmd and nothing happens What could be this problem I hope Ubi gives out this fixing patch fast

A:Anno 1404 "save/load" problem and using "runas.exe"

Figured it out with Runasspc program (which also saves the password! )

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/237247-anno-1404-save-load-problem-using-runas-exe.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I m hoping I m posting this at the right place if not please move A week ago my girlfriends laptop started giving an error "ACER" laptop Acer screen. stuck on message on boot saying quot No bootable device press any key quot I tried a number of suggestions I found posted online to similar issues but to no avail I didn t want to completely reset the machine since it was still under warranty so I figured if we just submitted it for repair someone might be able to save more of her files However girlfriend lost the warranty receipt We gave up searching today so I went back in to try and reset it I couldn t access the recovery partition of the hdd and gf didn t make a recovery disc So I decided to try a reset using a recovery drive I made from my own Acer laptop which like hers came with win This seemed to work so I let it do it s thing I checked back on it a while later and it was on but when I checked again it was stuck on the quot ACER quot boot screen It was stuck on there for a couple of hours not responding to any key input When I restarted it by holding power button to turn it off first it again got stuck on the Acer screen If I m quick enough I can get into BIOS during boot but not once it s stuck on the acer screen Do you have any ideas what I can do try to get this thing working again Specs Acer Aspire e - Windows HDD Toshiba MQ ABD nbsp

A:Acer laptop stuck on "ACER" screen.

Unless your laptop is the same model as you girlfriend's - or at least from the same laptop series - your recovery disk won't work, mainly because it will try to install the wrong drivers.

I think your best bet is to try to get it fixed under warranty. You may not need the receipt, you can check the laptop's warranty status here :- https://www.acer-apac.com/acer_web/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-stuck-on-acer-screen.1137935/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.82%

I noticed my computer is not starting up the same as it use to I used Ad-Aware SE and it found quot Win Mydoom A quot When i clicked to delete the file a popup screen said quot Some objects could not be removed Try closing browser windows prior to the removal If this does not help reboot and run Ad-Aware again quot The files were quot c windows system wmimgr dll quot This file address was listed times After I rebooted the system I got the same message I also tried and used xoftspy and superantispyware with no luck then I tried to delete quot wmimgr dll quot manually but wasn t allowed to Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c program files mcafee "Win32.Mydoom.A" and problem "wmimgr32.dll" Solved: com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON Solved: "Win32.Mydoom.A" and "wmimgr32.dll" problem MpfService exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exe c program files mcafee com Solved: "Win32.Mydoom.A" and "wmimgr32.dll" problem vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com Personal Firewall MpfTray exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http celebrities netscape com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http celebrities netscape com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http celebrities netscape com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program ... Read more

Relevancy 74.82%

I accidently posted this in "Vista" so I'm reposting it here as the operating system I have is XP Professional.

I'm having a problem with "Display" in the Control Panel. Yesterday I visited a website and opened a file. After I did that, my wallpaper changed and it appeared to be whatever the website was. I was able to somehow get it off (don't ask me what I did, I couldn't tell you). Now, when I click on "Display" in the Control Panel and go to "Desk Top", the only thing that I can change is the color and I can also click on "Customize Desktop", but I cannot change the background or click on "browse...". Can you help?

Relevancy 74.82%

It's been a month since "not and programs problem updates" all fix in responding" "lost to How my laptop gone wrong All programs doesn't run properly and stop working many times Media Player Office Internet explorer all stop How to fix "not responding" problem in all programs and "lost updates" working frequently and I have to wait ten second until five minutes to continue my work How to fix "not responding" problem in all programs and "lost updates" Two days ago I noticed that when I downloaded windows update the updates wasn't saved in OS folder like it used to be New folders named like quot ee quot appeared in my hard disk I realized that the problems begin when I found new folder like this in my hard disk and now the problems is getting worst after updates I thought my quot OS quot was full but the indicator say quot GB free of GB quot I can't delete or move the folder without permission and try to copy them to quot OS quot Now each time I open a file two windows are opened one is my opened file and the other is blank window I don't have enough knowledge about computer Can anyone help me please

A:How to fix "not responding" problem in all programs and "lost updates"

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

That temp file that you mentioned, is it in the root of the system drive?
In other words is it located here: C:\1ee10074....

If that is where it is, then it could be from a .NET update. They do not always remove that randomly named folder. Don't delete it just yet, go inside of it (say continue to the permissions security pop ups). If you find several folders with 4 numbers for the name, then it is probably from an update. Those numbered folders are for different languages. You can delete the folder if you want or just leave it. The folder is not the cause of your problems.

Try a scan with this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...fender-offline

Then try this:
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/279848-how-fix-not-responding-problem-all-programs-lost-updates.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all I'm new here so please bare with me I'm assuming this is the appropriate section of the forum to post this question so here it goes I've just had Windows "mouselook" DPI and spinning Problem modes - and "camera" Home installed over the past months and have now come across a strange problem which seems not uncommon from other Problem - DPI and spinning "camera" and "mouselook" modes posts at various places around the internet The problem is that whenever I'm Problem - DPI and spinning "camera" and "mouselook" modes in a game and any other D related program and I try to move the camera or go Problem - DPI and spinning "camera" and "mouselook" modes into quot mouselook quot - it either goes crazy or the camera starts spinning I've come to learn from researching that the DPI adjustment setting in Display is the culprit as I have mine set to - since my monitor is dual resolution it makes it hard to see the text any lower than that I've tried using compatibility mode telling it to quot Disable DPI quot on high resolutions and have even tried using quot Windows XP scaling quot - to which they have proven to work but not without consequences - causing a good amount of drop in frame rate My question is Does anyone know of a fix or a work around for this other than using the Regedit or Display options as I really don't want to have to change my DPI or have lower FPS Thanks --E

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/24835-problem-dpi-spinning-camera-mouselook-modes.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I have a brand new Asus Notebook laptop and Windows OS and am using Office Proffesional Ever since I started using the laptop I cannot get the Home End Pgup and down arrows buttons to do what they're supposed to nor do they respond Pgdn Pgup not Problem "Home", with responding "End", when I press ctrl either of them This nbsp happens when I'm working on Word The cursor will move but it won't go to the next page or previous page top or bottom of document It will go the next or previous word in the sentence I'm tryping or something similar When I'm on an internet site I can sometimes get to the top of the page or bottom using the quot alt home quot or other scrolling options I tried using the arrows together with the quot fn quot key Doesn't work either I spoke to a Microsoft techincal support person and they said they don't know what the problem is - might be something to do with the OS nbsp This is a very strange problem and I would most appreiciate some help here Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/38da1c78-bf84-4cc5-8c4d-198b8889a053/problem-with-quothomequot-quotendquot-pgup-pgdn-not-responding?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 74.82%

I have "Photo Editor" in my "Office" suite. The "Zoom" and "Select" functions do not activate when I drag them from the Tool Bar. I have the installation CD for "Office." Would I be able to find "Photo Editor" on the CD and do a 'repair' reinstallation? Perhaps there is another solution to the problem.

Your response(s) will be appreciated.

{redoak}

Relevancy 74.82%

I downloaded a Weather program, and my Antivirus program found a Trojan in the program.
It got rid of the virus, but now every time I boot or reboot I get a message "C:\WINDOWS cannot find "weathersetup.exe" ". I have tried everything I could think of, but cannot get rid of the system trying to load this.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: "Startup" problem (cannot find "Weathersetup.exe").

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-startup-problem-cannot-find-weathersetup-exe.641933/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all I have a problem on using IE to visit any web site with return message quot The address is not valid quot always Symptoms my IE home page is set to quot Use blank quot which it should display quot about blank quot returns valid" "The "http:///" address with 7 not and is IE Problem in the address input filed However it initial address is now changed to quot http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId quot and the content area shows quot Internet Explorer Problem with IE 7 returns "The address is not valid" and "http:///" cannot be display the webpage quot Anyway here is the major problem Whatever I type e g quot www yahoo com quot quot www google com quot it just return quot The address is not valid quot in the content area and the address field shows quot http quot I try to search some help on the net and it told me to use the comment ipconfig flushdns which may help However I got the error quot The requested operation requires elevation quot to run the comment In fact I have the administrator privilege On the other hand my msn messenger works i e I can use messenger normally which means my network configuration is fine So it seems that Problem with IE 7 returns "The address is not valid" and "http:///" my computer is infected Could anyone help on this The following is the Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Problem with IE 7 returns "The address is not valid" and "http:///" at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpAgent exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system ntvdm exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SysTrayApp ProgramFiles IDT WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run UCam Menu quot ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-ie-7-returns-the-address-is-not-valid-and-http.820897/
Relevancy 74.39%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button P3) (included ... Acer Aspire Acer Keyboard Case with an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and then the device no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... seem to be the only one with this issue so far possibly due to the newness of Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663
Relevancy 74.39%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and Case Aspire (included with Keyboard Acer Acer ... P3) then the device Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i seem to be the only one with this issue so far Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... possibly due to the newness of nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello clever people, hopefully you can help me.

My Asus Aspire 5332 Windows 7 x64 is blue screening each time Windows starts in normal mode.
It starts in safe mode Ok but does not in normal mode. I have tried system restores to an older point in time but this hasnt resolved my issue.
No new hardware has been added and the last application to be installed was some time ago.
The BSOD is repeatable each time window loads in normal mode.
I've attached the .dmp files.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:BSOD Asus Aspire 5332 NDIS.sys "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal"

Im afraid you have not attached any files
Assuming you have run the SF tool zip the output folder and attach to your next post Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Or the full instructions if reqd
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295789-bsod-asus-aspire-5332-ndis-sys-driver_irql_not_less_or_equal.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hello guys , i tried to install wireshark & cain and able (both softwares to sniff packets from the ethernet or wlan adapter). It automatically installs winpcap but i uninstalled it (as it didnt work.. still it doesnt) and installed it again:

installed wireshark + winpcap
installed cain and abel.
uninstalled winpcap
installed winpcap (latest version) , unchecked "start driver at startup"
reboot
in /winpcap/ i ran "rpcpad.exe" (which should start the winpcap driver?)

ran wireshark: It can sniff my ethernet adapter but doesnt show the wlan adapter

ran cain and able: it cannot sniff anything + doesnt show wlan adapter.

I think it worked on vista but i?m not 100% sure. Any ideas?

Thanks

A:"wireshark" & "cain and able" problem (winpcap?)

Quote: Originally Posted by zakazak

hello guys , i tried to install wireshark & cain and able (both softwares to sniff packets from the ethernet or wlan adapter). It automatically installs winpcap but i uninstalled it (as it didnt work.. still it doesnt) and installed it again:

installed wireshark + winpcap
installed cain and abel.
uninstalled winpcap
installed winpcap (latest version) , unchecked "start driver at startup"
reboot
in /winpcap/ i ran "rpcpad.exe" (which should start the winpcap driver?)

ran wireshark: It can sniff my ethernet adapter but doesnt show the wlan adapter

ran cain and able: it cannot sniff anything + doesnt show wlan adapter.

I think it worked on vista but i?m not 100% sure. Any ideas?

Thanks

What do you mean by wlan?
Both cain and wireshark work in win 7 as I am running them on 32bit.

Thanks

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/36947-wireshark-cain-able-problem-winpcap.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a HP 5650 deskjet printer that has been working fine up until I installed Window Washer!! I think it might have something to do with the PlugnPlay features...(unfortunately I'm a little new to this!!)
I probably should not have done this but, I uninstalled the program and then tried reinstalling it with NO SUCH LUCK!!
I get an "INSTALLATION ERROR" at the final stage of the installation!!
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

A:"PRINTER"/"WINDOW WASHER" PROBLEM

Sorry, I may have been a little UNCLEAR!!
I uninstalled then tried to reinstall the HP software to no avail!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-window-washer-problem.252304/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have an HP Pavilion and cannot get the machine to "Hibernate" "Sleep" and Vista problem power down into Sleep Mode or Hibernation When I first bought this PC the middle of last year I remember reading after my first Windows Update that the feature might be lost as a result of the Windows Updating process However as the months have gone by and more and more apps having been installed and loaded on to this machine it now takes longer for it to boot up I always liked the Hibernate feature on my old Windows XP machine but since I lost the Sleep and Hibernation features on this machine and realized why they were gone shortly after having purchased it I just went ahead with complete shut downs and cold boots At this point though I'm pretty tired of the extended waits for the machine to boot up all the time so I would like to know if it's possible and if so how I might get the Sleep or Hibernate features back on this machine I wasn t sure what other Section to post this message in since I don t see an applicable Heading so I went with the General Folder

A:Vista "Sleep" and "Hibernate" problem

Hello Ccantare,

You might look through the items in this tutorial below to see if it may be able to help you determine why your computer is not going to sleep.

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/227966-vista-sleep-hibernate-problem.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Ok I ve had this problem for quite a while now and I really hope that someone can help me fix it Pretty much let s take microsoft word I click on quot File quot then quot Open quot Then in the box that pops up there is a space near the top of the box that is right side of quot Look in quot It usually says quot My Documents quot when popped As" Problem or "Open" Argh "Save . . up But when I click on the little arrow that s pointing down to see a dropdown of where else I can save to the program freezes and I have to do a Argh . . "Save As" or "Open" Problem ctrlaltdelete The same thing happens when I click on quot Argh . . "Save As" or "Open" Problem File quot then quot Save As quot Argh . . "Save As" or "Open" Problem and I want to click the little arrow to see a dropdown Anything that I am doing for that box to pop up and if I click that little arrow the program freezes WHAT AM I TO DO HELP PLZ Thank you for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/argh-save-as-or-open-problem.428639/
Relevancy 73.1%

I left clicked on Local Disk C when I opened "My Computer" and for a reason that I can't understand, I got the message: POWERPOINT VIEWER CAN'T FIND THE FILE. This is the first time that I left clicked on the Local Disk Icon and it seems that it tried to open Powerpoint. I tried with the other icons inside MY COMPUTER and the same thing hapenned: it attempts to open Powerpoint Viewer. I don't remember having this problem before and don't know how to fix the problem. I made a search and found that my C drive has the following:
C:\Program Files Powerpoint Viewer
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
C:\Documents and Settings\all Users\Start Menu

I have Office 2003 Any suggestions as to what is happening and how to fix this problem?
Thanks, Metuquita...... Pls respond to my email address!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-c-local-drive-on-my-computer.608250/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I recently as" with "Run and Problem "remote features. desktop" had to move a couple XP Pro computers around and change their workgroup workstation quot Computer name quot And also had to change my personal admin user account name on Problem with "Run as" and "remote desktop" features. each computer to match the new computer workstation name But now my quot Run as quot feature and remote desktop feature don t work properly don t understand read ahead OK so lets say when I originally set up this one dell computer right out of the box I set it up with the workgroup name being WS and my personal admin user account name was on that computer Then I moved that computer and changed its workgroup computer name to WS and then renamed my personal admin user account to to match for my own personal preference But now when I go to use the quot Run as quot feature desktop icon Problem with "Run as" and "remote desktop" features. shift right click Run as in order to run a program with admin privileges through my admin account while logged on in a limited user account it wants the original admin user name of and not my NEW personal admin user account For me to run the program as an admin I have to put in the original admin user account name of as the user for it to work The same thing happens when I try to use remote desktop on the XP computers I have changed the workstation ID and admin user account name on I know I could use the built in MASTER admin account but I don t like too from previous problems and a super long PW All I did was go to my computer properties and change the computer name description and then changed my personal admin user account name Don t think I should have had to do anything different but I guess so Anyone have any suggestions Thanks for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-run-as-and-remote-desktop-features.330311/
Relevancy 72.67%

never had any problems with this from owning from version 5 up to 8 now!

And I get a problem

"Internet Explorer Script Error"

Line 9
Char 1
Error Automation server can't create object
Code 0
URL:file://C:\Documents and Settings\Liz (ADMINISTRATOR)\Local Settings\Temp\udat\upsell.htm

Ive seen others who use the programme get this to . but nothin I can see that can help me BAR removing IE7.

Any help appreciated

Newbie OUT

A:Sony Vegas 8 Problem """""

See i read this?

http://pixscotland.wordpress.com/200...nnot-start-up/

Im on SP3 , and to remove IE, I need to uninstall SP3, Which is a ballache.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vegas-8-problem-324584.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Newly purchased Laptop with windows 8.1 OS preinstalled. We have successfully added this system to domain. While accessing the application after logging into the domain with Domain Credential, we found below attached error where  user is having local
admin previledges and  the UAC disabled.

A:"This application can't open" --- There is a problem with " application name" . Contact your system administrator about reparing or reinstalling it

Hi,
Firstly, please enable UAC and restart your computer to test if this problem resolved.
If problem persists, try to use APP troubleshooter to check APP problem, if there is any reports, please feel free let us know.
Windows App troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=268423

Roger Lu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e9c1304-0a8c-49c5-acb3-0d1b41462365/quotthis-application-cant-openquot-there-is-a-problem-with-quot-application-namequot-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Looking for insight advice re KB According to Infoworld it was quot Optional quot in May but I was not offered it then This KB3054476 "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" offered as week it was offered as quot Important quot and quot Recommended quot but only for one of my Win boxes I have read the MS KB article as well as THIS FORUM THREAD the latter of which includes a report of a BSOD due to this particular update However there isn't much out on the web about it And most of the discussion about it is overly technical for me And I am confused as to why it was previously offered as quot Optional quot but now is quot Important quot KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" or quot Recommended quot I don't think I quot need quot it as I have no webcam on this box And I don't like KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" to tempt fate by fixing things that are not broken So questions Is it safe to install Is it really necessary important Or would I be OK to hide it Thanks very much in advance

A:KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional"

The status of updates changes with circumstances.
If an update isn't relevant, it won't be offered at all.
If however it's relevant but the related software is not apparently in use, it may be 'optional' - and gravitate to 'Recommended' or 'Important' if the related software is in use.
It can also be promoted through the hierarchy by MS depending on feedback through WU and error-trapped feedback.

If you have (and use) a webcam, then it's probably best to install the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372782-kb3054476-offered-important-recommended-optional.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 72.67%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 72.67%

OK As I said I am new Hope this info is the way you need it MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME amp HELP Check out the following HHEELLLPPP Logfile of HijackThis / THREAD "Context3.kanoodle" "xlime", "xads", NEW v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Frank M Gazzo Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract A... Read more

A:NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi

how to create a folder ?

right click anywhere in your desktop
click new,a tab opens ,click folder ,name it hjtantivirus .

download again hijackthis and install it in the new created folder .

your hjt is here now
C:\Documents and Settings\Frank M. Gazzo\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

it will not work properly if it stays there .

and don t create a new thread ,keep only one thread .this one ,now .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-thread-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23803.html
Relevancy 72.24%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 72.24%

I used an SGD boot disc to restore from the restore partition on this Vista machine Aspire GB RAM bit Vista Home Basic log SFC "cannot 5515 Aspire entries repair" He doesn t have the restore discs Upon fully updating the OS I ran the system file check SFC found at least two corrupt files which it says it could not repair I ran SFC twice Aspire 5515 SFC "cannot repair" log entries and both times it said it couldn t repair files Using the find in text function search term quot cannot repair quot I found and copied and will paste below what I suppose is the relevant text from the CBS log I tried to attach the entire log but I got a message saying a security token was missing At the very end of the log it says quot - - Info CSI ae SR Verify and Repair Transaction completed All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired - - Info CBS Scavenge Package store indicates there is no component to scavenge skipping quot I don t know if that s significant Anyway my questions Is it necessary to repair these files If so is it possible to do so without purchasing the restore disks from Acer If so how would I go about repairing the files Thanks in advance Scott Here are the quot cannot repair quot files from the CBS log Code - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot settings ini quot of Microsoft-Windows-Sidebar Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS x microsoft-windows-sidebar bf ad e none d c c c e settings ini do not match actual file l quot settings ini quot Found l b VMKjry x WpzqhIHOF jzMwh ixELdKjfW YVuEEg Expected l b v OQf AJO FVbRBJuIwXxkdkCoOaSk y ol uTH o - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot settings ini quot of Microsoft-Windows-Sidebar Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR This component was referenced by l quot Package for KB bf ad e x - neutral GDR quot - - Info CSI Repair results created POQ starts Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames beaead cb d a b e cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames beaead cb e a b e program files ffd cbfc cc f cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps program files ffd cbfc cc f cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames b a deaead cb f a b e program files windows sidebar d dbc becba da cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps program files windows sidebar d dbc becba da cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames fc feaead cb a a b e program files windows sidebar gadgets d ddf d a cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps program files windows sidebar gadgets d ddf d a cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames f e beaead cb a a b e cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames f ed eeaead cb a a b e system f a c a f b cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps system f a c a f b cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames eaead cb a a b e system smi schema b cd d fadc cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps system smi schema b cd d fadc cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames ceaead cb a a b e system licensing channels ocur c b dedc b c cdf-ms quot Destination l quot SystemRoot WinSxS FileMaps system licensing channels ocur c - - Info CSI b dedc b c cdf-ms quot Move File Source l quot SystemRoot WinSxS Temp PendingRenames d ebead cb a a b e progra... Read more

Relevancy 72.24%

I m young so bear with me I don t know a lot of technical computer terms I m use Acer "Choose the open Solved: want to program laptop this file" you to on my moms laptop which she let me bring with me to my dads house and I downloaded Manycam last night to screen share with my friend Today something that I assume was a virus in the form of a virus scanner popped up called Win It kept telling me to buy their product because my computer Solved: Acer laptop "Choose the program you want to use to open this file" was at risk I showed my dad and he told me to download Malware and I did and did a real virus scan I had virus At least trojan which were all removed I rebooted her computer and tried to open Firefox It told me quot Choose the program you want to use to open this file quot The only reasonable one was IE so I chose that one IE opened and started to load but it closed out and it told me quot Do you want to run or save this file quot I chose run and then it told me quot Do you want to run this software quot I chose Run Then the whole process started over and there was no end The same thing happened when I tried to open IE I tried to reboot the computer again but no luck Any solutions I have until Tuesday to fix this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-laptop-choose-the-program-you-want-to-use-to-open-this-file.1031822/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

I was asked by someone to install Windows 7 on their Acer Aspire E1-570 running windows 8.1.
I have since formatted the drive and installed Windows 7, but now I get an error stating the above, No Bootable Device, Hit Any Key.

I think I'll need to reinstall whatever partitions etc. Acer had originally setup on there because currently there's no option to find the drive at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Acer Laptop, Error: "No Bootable Device" After installing OEM Win7

Did you follow all the steps to Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/367828-acer-laptop-error-no-bootable-device-after-installing-oem-win7.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a new Acer AL1714 flat monitor. It works fine most of the time, but occasionally when switching from one user desktop to another in WindowsXP I get a bouncing grey box that says "Input Not Supported". At that point it seems there is nothing to do but reboot. It is frustrating!

Any suggestions are appreciated.
-thanks

A:Acer Monitor "Input Not Supported" after changing desktops in WinXP

check the refresh rates in the desktop with the problem in safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-monitor-input-not-supported-after-changing-desktops-in-winxp.366123/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys Got a bit of a problem here with my family's laptop Now I'm not sure how the problem came around here "Error - rebooting, Acer loading OS" Laptop 5742 Constantly as I don't use it and have been using my own computer in my own room but my Acer 5742 Laptop - Constantly rebooting, "Error loading OS" brother tells me the laptop aint working I have no clue what he or my sister has done on the laptop at Acer 5742 Laptop - Constantly rebooting, "Error loading OS" all but the laptop just keeps reaching the Acer splash screen and re-booting constantly Whenever I try to hit any key on the board during the boot up I get a short beep and no response In the occasional circumstance it does boot it appears with quot Error Loading operating System quot on a black screen with white text supposedly not being able to boot Windows I've managed to get into BIOS before hand but nothing has changed it's still remains Acer 5742 Laptop - Constantly rebooting, "Error loading OS" in factory default settings as neither member of my family has been into BIOS before-hand My brother has only just now decided to tell me that he had been experiencing sudden shutdowns during excessive playtime he told me he had it running for at least Hours on Football Manager and that it was related to overheating We've also had a audio problems in the past with it too as the audio drivers crash and stay on loop I have no clue what to do other than to send it off to Acer for repair don't know if we are in warranty we're paying for it weekly from Littlewoods UK We don't have a installation disc on us at this moment as it came installed on the laptop to begin with You guys reckon something's fried inside it due to my brothers long hours playing games It's not really a laptop built for gaming tbh

A:Acer 5742 Laptop - Constantly rebooting, "Error loading OS"

Sounds like your brother is a bit of a err lad can you boot this into safe mode?

Power on and tap the F8 key > pick safe mode and run scannow

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Oh should have mentioned too run these while you are in there

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ < from bleeping computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275808-acer-5742-laptop-constantly-rebooting-error-loading-os.html