Windows Support Forum

CD burning trouble

Q: CD burning trouble

I haven't burned too many cds with my current setup. The first few were fine, then a few months later I went to burn a cd and two tracks were fine, and the other seven or so were all staticky and skippy. I've tried different software, tried using better cds, and even took the cd burner from my old computer and installed it, and I still have the same trouble, so I know it is some setting on my pc, that I don't know about.
Please help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CD burning trouble

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: CD burning trouble

So now... what are your computer specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-trouble.116738/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to burn some jpg files to disk to make more space, but am having problems

I have tried 3 different types of CD-R's, sometimes it doesn't even recognize there is a blank disk in the drive, and if it does eventually burn, it says the disk has been successfully burnt it doesn't play on my lap top, or either of the dvd players I have here

I did have a Sonic program that came with this lap top, but after reading other threads decided to uninstall that and tried just the copy to CD option.

The D drive still recognizes discs that I burnt about a year ago, but doesn't seem to recognize most blank disks OR the disk that supposedly was successful

Any help/advise appreciated

Relevancy 49.88%

It s been awfully frustrating trying to burn CD-R s lately I ve gotten a good many coasters in the process I go strictly by the book in following directions so I simply don t understand what the problem is Could it be because Easy CD Creator appears to presume that blank CD s hold a maximum of minutes while I m trying to get squeeze or more minutes than that onto an -minute CD Possibly but I believe I ve already made CD s with more than CDR's burning trouble minutes using the same trouble burning CDR's method so I m thinking maybe that s not the problem However several times recently I ve tried to put say minutes of music onto an -minute CD I set it up and press the Create button and the program appears to work well from start to finish even telling me that my CD has been created sucessfully BUT when I attempt to play it back either on my PC or on a regular CD player nothing happens No tracks are recognized Should it make any difference if the files are downloaded from the Net or if they are extracted from commercial CD s I wouldn t think so I ve already made a number of CD s both ways This matter has me baffled I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who might be able to solve this problem In the meantime I m gonna delete a couple of tracks from my most recent effort so I can get under minutes and then I ll try it again Thank you Bill P S I m using a first-generation burner X but even so I ve been successful with it more often than not It s mainly the bad results I ve been getting recently that have been causing me concern Last week I bought a new X Yamaha which I plan to install in a day or so and which I certainly hope will be an improvement over what I now have nbsp

A:trouble burning CDR's

Are you sure you got that much on before? Every cd needs overhead space for information other than the music or whatever you try to write. It can amount to megabytes of space. If you start and stop writing, the overhead adds up to more and more every time. A single burn of the entire amount will leave more space than a multi session burn.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-burning-cdrs.52220/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello i just recently purchased an asus DRW-2014l1t DVD+R/RW drive and i have already been having some issues. whenever i atempt to burn a dvd using the nero8 essentials disc that came with the drive. so i go to create a dvd using the program and it starts to burn like everything is normal then i even use the verify data option as well and it says data verified. but when i try to place the dvd back into the drive to read it says the drive is unaccessable but yet if i try to use the same cd to burn again it says there is data on the disc.... i have a second drive that i placed the disc into but yet again there is nothing on the disc... can anyone explain why the data is not burning to the disc?!?!

A:Trouble With Burning DVD's please help!

I have some experience with it not long ago, and I found out the problem is not in my dvd drive but in my cd/dvd. have u tried to use another cd/dvd?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-burning-dvds-please-help.751479/
Relevancy 49.88%

Im having so much trouble when trouble burning! Having burning a cd Having trouble burning! it is driving me nuts I have a toshiba laptop that burns cd s and dvd s It uses a matchita dvd-ram uj- s It burns dvd s fine and wma cd s burn also but can Having trouble burning! sometimes give me trouble The real problem come when I try to burn mp cd s My computer stops the burning process after it starts and then tell me there was a problem and that it failed Usually when my comp first boots up it shows a window that says somthing about writing types and that I can only enable either cd s to burn or dvd s I havent seen it latley and I tryed to restard my pc to see it if would come up but it didnt I tried using nero and it seemed to be just the same as sonic record live Only once did nero seem to successfully be writting an mp cd and then stopped at the very end every other time they stop shortly after they begin I copied an error report on nero E A - - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero Version Internal Version b Nero Express Recorder lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI CD-ROM lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral TOSHIBA MK GAX atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S D CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled CD-ROM ISO PM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD TRUE Multisession FALSE Burning mode TAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE PM Text File Burncd cpp Line MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S Buffer underrun protection activated PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S running PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Track-At-Once using CD-R RW media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S CDR code OSJ entry from CMC Magnetics Corporation ATIP Data Special Info hex D A LI F B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S for write in TAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep - lead-in x x - x x x x lead-out x x PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Removed run-out blocks from end of track Length - gt PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable ... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I really hope someone can help me here as Im going around the bend trying to work this out Basically Im having trouble trying to burn cds I start the burning and at about it fails I ve wasted about blank disks trying to get it working I have a Sony crx cd-r rw drive which I have been using for about two years I also have the standard cd rom drive that came cds burning Trouble with my pc I have tried burning using both drives and also just the one When I try to use Nero I get a message saying quot focus Trouble burning cds or tracking error quot And when I use B s Gold it tells me I have an ATAPI hardware error aa I downloaded the drive tester from the sony site and ran that Trouble burning cds and it says my drive is working perfectly So I don t understand I recently upgraded to XP but I have downloaded all the updates for Nero and B s gold also the updates from Microsoft I did try to find out if I needed a new driver for my burner to run on xp but couldn t find any info on it If anyone can help I will be eternally greatful Thanks heaps Kellie nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I have a Sony Vaio Desktop running windowsxp home sp3, 512mb ram. I have been having trouble burning CD's for some time now. I use windows media player to do this and I continually recieve a message that states that windows cannot identify a CD and to put in a blank CD, when one has already been put in. After many, many tries sometimes I've had succes. Is there any way I can fix this ? Also, If i put a CD in to install software, it takes a couple times being put in the CD Rom drive before it is recognized! Can anyone please help me with this ? Thanks, Herb

A:Having trouble burning CD's

You might try a CD Drive cleaner but chances are that the drive will need to be replaced

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-trouble-burning-cds-397783.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to burn a data Trouble DVD or burning CD cd of images and when I go to burn it goes to quot save image file quot and then it gets aborted I have tried with quot Nero quot and with quot Sonic Record now DX quot I have tried with with a CD Trouble burning CD or DVD and with DVD Below is the log file I get when it is aborted Kath private Windows XP WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Trouble burning CD or DVD Ver size bytes created AM Nero Version Nero Express Recorder lt Image Recorder gt Version Not Available - HA - TA - Adapter driver lt Virtual Device gt HA - Drive buffer CD-ROM lt LITE-ON DVDRW LDW- S gt Version GSB - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral SAMSUNG SP N atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral LITE-ON DVDRW LDW- S atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral WDC WD JB- EVA atapi Port ID DMA On epstw k Port ID DMA AutoRun Excluded drive IDs CmdQueuing CmdNotification WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat EraseSpeed BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Static Write Speed Table Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Enabled Wizard On CD-ROM ISO AM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD TRUE Multisession FALSE Burning mode TAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories FALSE Allow more than characters in path FALSE Write ISO file extensions TRUE AM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running AM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Track-At-Once using CD-R RW media AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items original item values TRM DATA MODE CTransferItem indices index not provided original CD pos relocatable CD pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos -------------------------------------------------------------- AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode FALSE AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder Image Recorder CD type reading failed ATIP Data AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Aborted by user AM Text File Scsicmd cpp Line SCSI not using temporary buffers out of temporary buffers allocated Existing drivers File Drivers atapi sys Ver xpsp sp rtm - size bytes created PM Adapter driver for src Registry Keys HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion WinLogon AllocateCDROMs Security Option nbsp

A:Trouble burning CD or DVD

Looks like you are not choosing your CD/DVD drive as the recorder. You do not want to choose image recorder, in this instance, image recorder has nothing to do with burning images.
You are right to choose to make a 'data' CD/DVD.
After you have added your files to the compilation in Nero Express, the next box gives you the choice of choosing your recorder. Your CD/DVD drive should be in the drop down menu at the top, as below. Select it, then see how you get on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-burning-cd-or-dvd.310145/
Relevancy 49.88%

Im a student and i have entitlement to W bit full version ofc its a download but the file name is as follows en windows professional with sp x dvd u iso But WINRAR recognises it as a rar file but powerISO also recognises it as a ISO file however i have a blank dvds and im confused on either how to burn it because windows isnt detecting it as a DVD with a operating system on it for some reason All i have done is put the Boot EFI Sources Support Upgrade autorun inf bootmgr bootmgr efi and finally setup exe I cant run the setup whilst the computer is running obviously as ill need to first format my c drive and install bit fresh as i have bit at the moment so i dragged and dropped the files onto the blank DVD burnt it put in the computer on boot and it doesnt recognise it So yeah my XP PRO disk is done out the same way but that works and this doesnt what am i doing wrong Have i burnt it wrong or do i need to be doing something else Thanks for anyy help in advance

A:Having trouble burning a W7 64 bit DVD

Hi have you downloaded it as a iso file if so I would use imgburn to burn it to a disc it is very straightforward to use ie burn image to disc The Official ImgBurn Website if you have it as a rar file extract it to your desktop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/having-trouble-burning-a-w7-64-bit-dvd-603164.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there, I am trying to burn files (both sound and photo) from my hard drive onto cd. I have tried all types of disk, from budget to the most expensive and nothing seems to work. I get a message saying that I should insert a cd into the machine but there is already one in there. I am using Nero burning and the plug in device below. Please can anyone give me advice?

USBSTOR\CDROM&VEN_OPTORITE&PROD_CD-RW_CW5205&REV_180E\7&1AA2D9E&0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-cd-burning.634973/
Relevancy 49.88%

i been burning dvds for months i could burn up to almost 5 hours on a 4.7gb disc
now I can only burn 4 hours on a disc now I get a error has occurred

A:trouble burning a dvd

Which application are you using, and what is the EXACT error.

Considering a DVD only holds 2 hours of DVD quality video, you are compressing the source pretty heavily. The output can also be affected by the software and the source file/source file type.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-burning-a-dvd.1147989/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to burn multiples wmv files into a single DVD using Nero 6.6.0.16, but one of those files is freezing on its first frame in the middle of the burning process and nothing happens after that. The file has not problem if I launch it from the desktop, it plays normally in Windows Media Player, but if I try to play it in Nero editing movie section, it doesn't play past the same first frame just like it does in the middle of burning.

How can I fix this particular file or how can I fix Nero so it is able to burn this wmv movie past the first frame?

Thanks

Alex

A:Burning trouble

Run the file through divfix++ http://divfixpp.sourceforge.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-trouble.555545/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am sure this is part of the Windoze updates, but I have seen quite a few posts concerning this in other non XP treads. Read up....it might be the solution for you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320174

A:For those having trouble burning CD's in XP

Rockn,

Nice tip.

I personally have found that the XP CD burning software pretty reliable and flexible. One plus is you are able to treat a CD-R like a CD-RW, meaning it handles multiple session very well. You can reuse a CD-R even if it has been closed, until you run out of disk space.

But I have also found if you install third party CD burning software it messes up XP CD burning, such as installing EZ Creator. As they say you sometimes cannot have your cake and eat it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/for-those-having-trouble-burning-cds-in-xp.106203/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've burned cd's on this laptop before but now i seem to have a problem. When I try to burn them on windows media player nothing happens. And when i try to burn them on piolet i get a message that says error:drive report an error during burning.

A:Trouble Burning Cd's

If the burn is dropping try defrag the hdd before the next burn and if available try a rw disk so your not wasting one time burn discs. also are you burning data or music files(wav) mp3's burn as data not as music files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-burning-cds.987196/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I have a Sony Vaio Desktop running windowsxp home sp3, 512mb ram. I have been having trouble burning CD's for some time now. I use windows media player to do this and I continually recieve a message that states that windows cannot identify a CD and to put in a blank CD, when one has already been put in. After many, many tries sometimes I've had succes. Is there any way I can fix this ? Also, If i put a CD in to install software, it takes a couple times before it is recognized! Can anyone please help me with this ? Thanks, Herb

A:Help, Having trouble burning CD's

i think there's something wrong with youre dvd/cd player/burner. (If it's the same with other burn programs)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-having-trouble-burning-cds.845712/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Napster music downloads, and I cannot. burn tracks to a cd, or identify my MP3 player either Please help

A:Trouble burning to cd

I have a problem burning to a cd from my napster account, and when I connect my techsplosiion MP3 player, napster does not even recognise it, WHY!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-burning-to-cd-134778.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I used to be able to copy both music files from Windows media player and picture files from Kodak easyshare to a cd Now when I try to copy to a disc Kodak gives me an error message saying quot Kodak cannot detect a cds having trouble burning cd-r drive quot When I try to copy music to a cd usind windows media player I get the following message quot Windows Media Player cannot copy the files to the recordable disc You may encounter this error message for one of the following reasons The CD-R or CD-RW drive is busy Wait for the drive to complete its current operation and having trouble burning cds then try again The CD-R or CD-RW drive is not compatible Verify that the drive is connected properly and that you having trouble burning cds have installed the latest device drivers and then try again quot The drive used to work with both programs but now sure wht it doesnt t work at all now Any ideas Thx Jarrett nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

RE I just want to put in my DVD RW TV recorded-off-TV movie or a store-bought movie and burn it to another DVD RW Having a problem though with pretty much all free programs offered I need a suggestion as to the easiest way to copy my TV recorded movies which were recorded from my LG DVD recorder onto DVC RW Verbatim and Ritek and store-bought movies for personal use only to DVD RW They show up as Video TS files ifo vob bup Trouble to Burning DVD+RW I have been trying DVD DeCrypter and DVD Shrink which I have used in the past with no problems but they don t seem to be reading my DVD RW drive on my PC I Trouble Burning to DVD+RW have no other issues with the drive with any other use I have also tried AVS Video Converter and AVS Disk Disk Creater I have attached two error messages from DVD DeCrypter which is pretty much the same as with any program I try After I click Ignore it then continues as though Trouble Burning to DVD+RW it is decrypting but it is actually just re-trying all files Four hours and still only of re-trying The second message is On The Fly IFO BLP file patching failed File Name VTS IFO Reason Invalid IFO BUP file When I used these programs in the past I had a different DVD writer on my PC and a different DVD recorder player hooked to my TV I am wondering if there is just an incompatibility issue considering that I did try them both again with the same store-bought movie that worked find in the past but they aren t even working with that movie now I do know that Nero is not compatible with my current DVD writer though it was compatible with my old writer Maybe it s a copyright issue even though they have worked in the past I am just hoping that in my search for burners that considering this being the st Century and all maybe someone has come up with a foolproof way to do this Yeah I know I am asking for the impossible But maybe not You tell me If there is something available that cost money at this point I am willing to pay for it I am tired of wasting so much time on programs that take forever to burn convert and burn etc that I would just as soon purchase a product to shorten up the process Bottom line I just want to put in my DVD RW TV recorded-off-TV movie or a store-bought movie and burn it to another DVD RW Another forum told me to try this gt gt to copy the dvd recorder discs make a folder on your hard drive call it whatever you want the disc name to be name it all in caps put your dvdrw in the drive right click explore hightlight the folders in the disc right click copy paste them into the folder on your hard drive you made remove the disc download imgburn free install start it put it in quot build quot mode drag the folder you made on your hard drive into the file explorer box insert a blank disc click burn once you get the hang of that them move on to store bought movies you will have to add anydvd or dvdfabdecrypter in to the process at the beginning to remove the protection but the rest works about the same you might have to also use dvdshrink to fit dl dvd s onto dvd s lt lt My response was Well you got my hopes up But it didn t work The Video RM folder appeared but was empty and I got the error message quot Cannot copy Video RM Cannot read from source disk quot Which leads me to believe that my Writer is not compatible although I can copy and paste anything else except these Video files Windows XP Home Edition with SP DVD Multiplayer DVDRW HL-DT-ST RW DVD GCC- B CDRom nbsp

A:Trouble Burning to DVD+RW

Please see the rules. We are unable to assist with copying DVDs.

Circumventing Copy Protection - While we believe it's reasonable to make backup copies of CDs and DVDs that you own, a lot of people break copy protection for the wrong reasons. The law is still vague, at best, as to if it is legal to break copy protection in order to make such a backup, even for personal use. (The DMCA, for example, seems to make it illegal.) As a result, we do not allow discussion of how to break copy protection at this time. If we can find a nice way to draw the line, we may reconsider this in the future as laws get sorted out. Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-burning-to-dvd-rw.793068/
Relevancy 49.88%

i've got a film i want to put on to dvd
i downloaded the film in avi format in this format when you put it on disc using nero it will not play in my dvd player only on my computer
i've converted the avi format to mpeg (i belive this is the format you need for dvd players) when i tried to burn the mpeg format using nero the film was to big to burn to disc i've tried to use dvd shrink to alter the film but dvd shrink can not find the film in my folders and i can not cut and paste can some one help please

A:trouble burning dvd

what film is it?

also it sounds like that you did a DATA DVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-burning-dvd.471809/
Relevancy 49.88%

Whenever I try to burn a CD, WMP says "Finding devices, please wait...". It then freezes and the cursor remains an hourglass indefinately.

I thought it was a problem with Windows Media Player, but when I tried using other CD burning software, the same problem happened. No message, but it froze all the same.

I'm not sure what the problem is, so I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can start burning cd's again?

Relevancy 49.45%

A friend of mine was trying to install ms office from an ISO file but the installation kept stopping about halfway through and asking to be directed to an installation source for Access en-us blah cab etc This very same ms office installed on my pc no trouble wotsoever So my friend burnt another ISO and it completed successfully but when she right clicked on the cd rom drive to check the data it was showing no data but burning and Trouble installing clearly there is data there She tried burning another ISO and the same thing happened After all this she tried to burn some music to cd Trouble installing and burning using windows media player but the message box says burn proccess will begin when a cd is inserted into the drive with a cd in the drive Does anybody know what is going on here Does this sound like a hardware problem or software problem She did say that the rom drive had been a bit temperamental lately ejecting cd s and not playing and such I dont know where to go with this weather it is a driver problem or what please help nbsp

A:Trouble installing and burning

She did say that the rom drive had been a bit temperamental lately, ejecting cd`s and not playing and such.

Get a new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-installing-and-burning.682795/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I need help I have a windows xp and a canon ntsc zr70 camcorder somehow i am not able to dowload the tape on my computer i tried different cables even the usp and dowloaded the cd that comes with the camera and wont do it please help/
thank you in advance.

Relevancy 49.45%

I converted a movie from avi to dvd-tried to put the movie on a disc. One program says it is burning it, light is on on the drive, shows me the progress on the screen, then gives me the message it's burned & apparently everything is o.k.I try to play it on my computer and nothing happens. The movie will play from the converted file.(but not from the DVD i tried to burn). Another program won't recognize my new disc as new and won't even start the burn. I tried different new discs from the same pack and they still won't burn. I have burned movies before & haven't had these problems(same pack of discs). I can play other burned discs with my computer fine.

A:Trouble burning dvd movie

the converted file is it a mpeg2 conversion? has .mpg on the end of the file name.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-burning-dvd-movie.762559/
Relevancy 49.45%

First time, not sure posting in correct area.
Toshiba Satellite A505.
1st time burning photos.
I send the photos to burn and it asks for a blank cd, I put it in and the same message pops up and it spits out the cd.

Help is appreciated. t

A:Trouble Burning Photos to CD

now it is saying:
disc wasn't successfully burned make sure you have the latest firmware for your cd dvd burner installled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trouble-burning-photos-to-cd-516938.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I m trying to burn a DVD to backup some files e g docs photos music but am having trouble I use a Compaq Evo N v laptop that has a built-in DVD ROM drive I ve tried the Trouble DVDs burning following putting a blank DVD in the drive then going to Windows Explorer Selecting the files to copy and then pasting them on to the DVD drive d This then created temporary files and by right-clicking my mouse I got the option to write the files to CD This gave me the error saying that there is no disk in the drive So I installed a copy of Nero and tried using their file backup Trouble burning DVDs wizard However when trying to select the DVD drive it said I needed to select a valid target So I thought it might be because I was using DVDs so I put a CD-R in the drive The drive read the CD and automatically opened up a Windows Explorer box showing me that there was already a file on the CD There was still plenty of space left on the CD however so I went through the Nero wizard again but got the same message about having to select a valid target I m now at my wits end and don t know what to try next Is it just me being dumb or could it possibly be a faulty disk drive I wonder whether it might be the latter as I ve been using the drive to copy my music CDs onto my MP player and the drive doesn t always recognise the music CD Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

G'day...awhile ago I downloaded songs from iTunes and as I used this for the first time a checkbox came up for "converting files"-I checked it and most likely shouldn't have. Now I can't get any output from my car stereos (several cars) on the discs I attempt to burn. Can this "file conversion"be reversed ? I slowed the burn speed to its lowest setting and no change.
Very annoying...

A:Trouble burning music

What format are you burning the CD's?
iTunes should be set to the MP3 format (not WMA or AAC).

If you right click on a song and select get info this will tell you what format you have.

What version of Itunes do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trouble-burning-music-482033.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A. I've had this, along with the computer for three-four months now. It might have something to do with a virus or something, or something affecting the memory, but for some reason it no longer reads or burns CDs. It works fine with DVDs, but not CDs. Any advice?

A:Having trouble reading/burning CD

Have you tried a different brand of CDR/RW disc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-reading-burning-cd.592303/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have two videos both say they are "Winamp Media Files" and it won't let me add them when I try to burn (I've tried a few different software titles), it just does nothing. It allows me to add other files, bigger files, but not this file type for whatever reason. Which brings me here.

I am assuming I will need some sort of file converter or something to help make this work. Or maybe it's just the programs I'm using (I don't have Nero on this PC), so I'm not too sure. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have been trying for weeks to burn a movie I made on Pinnical Studio to DVD. Thanks to you guys I finally got past the rendering problems and it now finnishes and burns to dvd. The problem is it keeps skipping the first 7 min. of the movie. When it is rendering it starts at the beginning througn both cycles but when it come to the burning I only get the last 20 min. What is the deal?

A:Pinnacle DVD Burning Trouble

What kind of media are you using? DVD-R, DVD+R---who is the mfgr. Last but not least, can you play the mpeg file on your computer and does it skip when you do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pinnacle-dvd-burning-trouble.420960/
Relevancy 49.45%

Just within these past few days my computer has become unable to quot format quot blank CDs and DVD-RWs Before I could insert a blank DVDs burning Trouble CDs / disk and open it in My Computer and then drag items into the empty folder and Vista would simply format it like that After installing Nero Lite and a Cucusoft program to burn avi files I believe that this software is what caused the problem I noticed that Vista came up with the message quot Windows cannot read the disk in drive E quot whenever I put Trouble burning CDs / DVDs a blank disk in I have tried uninstalling storage controllers IDE ATA Trouble burning CDs / DVDs controllers and the CD DVD drive I even switched out the burner for a different one just to make sure it wasn't the burner itself Windows says that the drive is up to date with its driver This is all important because I need to burn about audio CDs I originally burned in iTunes but when I put in a CD that I had burned I noticed NONE of the track information was Trouble burning CDs / DVDs included on the CD every track was just titled quot Track Track etc quot with no artist or album name even after I ripped them off the disk Please help

A:Trouble burning CDs / DVDs

May you avoid to interfere in hardware...

Originally Posted by voncreme

Just within these past few days, my computer has become unable to "format" blank CDs and DVD-RWs. Before, I could insert a blank disk and open it in My Computer and then drag items into the empty folder and Vista would simply format it like that.

1.First of all make this:DVD Drive Icon Disappeared from Computer - Fix
2.Install Aspi:Frog Aspi - the FREE wnaspi32.dll replacement
Instruction:
In device manager unistall DVD driver,place wnaspi32.dll in C:\Windows\System32 +restart

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/229838-trouble-burning-cds-dvds.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am having trouble burning MP3 CD's using Windows Media Player 11. I can rip the CD's I want to copy in the MP3 format but when I try to burn they are converted to WMA format. I am trying to play them on Harley Davidson Advanced Audio System by Harman/Kardon. The Harley owners manual says the CD player will accept commercial audio discs as well as compact discs recorded with MP3 (MPEG 2.5 Leve lll). I am trying to get as much music as I can on a CD due to the limited spece while touring and the limited radio stations in some areas.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Murf

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Folks This problem occurred last year when I disc burning trouble was trying to burn some data onto a disc using the Windows software insert a blank CD TDK open E from My Computer drag file into window and hit burn It would start the process then the window would close and the disc remain spinning refusing to eject Clicking on the E partition in My Computer started a search that just went on and on I had to do a restart and eject the disc at start-up The company I bought disc burning trouble the computer from said I should try rd party software but my Roxio came up error time after time I bought a new DVD burner Samsung and it worked for a while Now I come to use it again I don't use it very often it's displaying all the same problems once more There's something wrong with Windows or something is conflicting ITunes and driver updates or firmware updates make no difference Any ideas

A:disc burning trouble

Does this new burner play disks perfectly? Problems are only with burning?

Are your most recent problems while using Roxie? Have you looked at any other burning program such as ImgBurn?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/325167-disc-burning-trouble.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I've recently been trying to burn some movies onto DVD but with both windows dvd maker and nero 7 the program stops working when i add the video files, does anyone kno what the problem is.

This is the application crash log for Windows DVD Maker :

Faulting application DVDMaker.exe, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x479193d1, faulting module ac3filter.acm_unloaded, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x46c6a5b4, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x042bb5ed, process id 0x18f4, application start time 0x01c9150b75b891e1.

And this is the log for Nero:

Faulting application NeroVision.exe, version 4.7.0.16, time stamp 0x455d63b8, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0754b5ed, process id 0x125c, application start time 0x01c9150bad7d9bc1.

If anybody is able to shed light on the issue it would be much appreciated.

Thank You. Sam.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-trouble-burning-dvds.749353/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi....I have a Liteon sohw 1693s cd/dvd burner and it burns cds fine....but does not now (burn...not sure if it doesn't?) and read dvd data discs????
I use Nero 6 and it does burn sucessfully according to nero and does look like it is burned....but in the program after the burn I click on disc info and it shows nothing on the dvd???? The drive has not been used that much either....it did originally work too.
I updated the firmware and still the same. Does not read data dvds I make?
Just tried to read dvd data discs I created in the past on different brand dvds and can't read them either.
I am using XP home edition also.
Any help would be nice....as I have much data to burn to dvd.

Jimi J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-burning-dvd-and-reading-after.608656/
Relevancy 49.45%

I tried all of the suggestions and nothing works. help.

Relevancy 49.02%

I recently puchased a new desktop with Vista 64. I don't have issues copying cd to cd but can't burn a cd from iTunes. I didn't have this issue with XP on my laptop. Appears to be a compatibility issue with Visat64. I reloaded iTunes v8 three times with no success. Any suggestions?

A:Trouble Burning iTunes to CD on Vista 64

this doesnt have anything to do with media center

http://www.vistax64.com/software/183562-trouble-burning-itunes-cd-vista-64-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I trouble with - !st burning CD time Roxio/MP4 own a Dell !st time burning CD - trouble with Roxio/MP4 with MS Windows XP Home I am a new user to itunes and am thrilled with it because I m a cheapskate I like being able to buy one song at a time instead of buying a whole album for only one of its songs I am going to refresh my computer so I want to save the - some songs !st time burning CD - trouble with Roxio/MP4 I ve purchased at itunes on to a CD so I don t have to buy them all over again While attempting to burn my music collection !st time burning CD - trouble with Roxio/MP4 with Roxio on to a CD-RW I ran into a snag with the th and th songs Roxio tells me that these songs contain file extensions of an unrecognized type It said that I must open the files using either WMA WAV or MP These two songs are both versions of quot Break My Stride quot in MP Is there a way I can burn these using the version of Roxio on my computer or am I going to have to buy a new burn program nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

hi i am presently getting a problem with my burning program where it copys the dvd almost 95% and then ejects the dvd and shows up an error . can anyone help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-sonic-burning-program.20085/
Relevancy 49.02%

My screen will go black after a few seconds of copying, pasting, burning, or other ram intensive activities (not in games). I've copied some mp3 discs and its pooped out in the middle of the reading function. I've tried downloading a linux ISO and it pooped out just as the download ended, and the file was being copied to another folder. I've run memtest86 for 12 hours with no errors. I'm not set up to automatically restart when a system failure occurs. There are a number of processes running in background (but nothing in apps) thanks to norton, roxio, and zonealarm.

Oh yeah, and

Nvidia k7n420pro mobo (original nforce chipset)
athlon xp 1700 cpu (not overclocked)
crucial 768mb ddr pc2100
wd 40gb special edition
wd 80gb special edition
nvidia geforce ti4200 (not overclocked)
onboard nvidia sound, NIC
lite-on dvd +- rw combo
lg dvd/ cdrw combo
Windows XP Pro

A:trouble copying, pasting, burning

Since you're running an Nforce board and it seems that the problem appears when there is some traffic on the IDE channel , are you running the lastest Nforce chipset driver ?
Also have you had a chance to disconnect the slave hdd ( i assume that you connect both of the hdd on the same IDE channel ) ?
How about making sure that both hdd are set for the same transfer rate. Check the Device manager and make sure both are using the DMA. Check the same thing ( DMA transfer rate ) in the bios.And make sure it's enabled.
HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-copying-pasting-burning.192531/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am having the same problem. Did you get an answer to yours? HELP!! I cannot transfer data to a DVD burner using drag and drop or Nero!!

A:Trouble burning DVD in Windows XP with nero

try adding by the add butto in the nero box in nero express

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-burning-dvd-in-windows-xp-with-nero-313731.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Bought a USB Dual layer DVD burner with Nero Software some time ago Burns regular DVDs great Bought a package of DVD R DL disks with GB capacity Put it in the drive and it recognizes the disk and its capacity The software however doesn t show more than the GB capacity when I begin adding MP- s etc to fill the disk Once I go past it continues to let me add files but doesn t show the capacity Ive used I just put in the new files until I Burning Dual Layer Trouble think Im close to GB When I try and burn the DVD it says the media isnt the Dual Layer Burning Trouble correct media for this task Why doesn t the software give me the capacity bar to instead of staying at Is a dual layer DVD disk not the appropriate media to store MP- s The regular DVD s I burn are DVD-R Does the or - make the difference Is it possible the dual layer being a isnt burnable in my drive I cant find the documentation for my drive so Im not sure what all it works with nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I am having problems burning cd's on a new computer running windows vista. When I try to copy a disc my computer spits out the rw cd and says please insert writable disc into disc drive, it wont read the disc or something, I am not sure. I really do not know what to look for at all. Also, I have some programs that I have put on the computer and have used without any problems, until the other day I went to play a game and it wouldn't load, and the computer said please install the program, even though I had played it the day before. I tried to install it again and it just spits the disc out. I have no clue what to do, any help is great. Thanks in advance for everybody's help!

A:Having trouble burning cd on windows vista.

uninstall the upper and lower filters
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;320553#

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/having-trouble-burning-cd-on-windows-vista-165861.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hello once again all i need help creating a slipstreamed CD for XP-SP i have used nLite and made my nessessary files and such have taken out and added and tweaked all i want now all i need help with is i need to get this thing burned silly a Burning XP-SP2 please help trouble Disc Having SlipStreamed me. as it may seem i have Roxio and have made ONE successful copy but i wiped that and began all over to continue with more tweaking ever since i am unable to make the slipstream i do everything that is asked for roxio i extracted the Microsoft Corporation img file Having trouble Burning a SlipStreamed XP-SP2 Disc please help me. renamed it to BOOTIMG BIN in roxio added the XP folder contents and selected boot disc as the disc type now when i opt to burn it the phase progress bar only zips by or times then the Having trouble Burning a SlipStreamed XP-SP2 Disc please help me. progress status screen closes all together what am i doing wrong can anyone help me i have used these following sites to the T where applicable please help me figure what else i need to do or is there a free trial of NERO i can download and use to see if i will get better results http www winsupersite com showcase slipstream asp http unattended msfn org http www theeldergeek com slipstreamed xpsp cd htm

A:Having trouble Burning a SlipStreamed XP-SP2 Disc please help me.

Just put all the files in a folder, then highlight them all, right click, then send to, and then highlight your CD burner. The default XP burner should work just fine for this kind of work. No need to create an IMG file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-trouble-burning-a-slipstreamed-xp-sp2-disc-please-help-me-47804.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,

I am having trouble with Nero. When I try and burn mp3s or copy cds or dvds the burning process stops at different intervals and a message appears, nero.exe has generated errors you will need to close your program".

can anybody please help me fix this problem.

cheers

A:Nero 6.6 having trouble burning mp3s

You should post some details if you expect anyone to reply. Get the appropriate Nero Clean tool and re-install your Nero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-6-6-having-trouble-burning-mp3s.570195/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,
I'm having some trouble burning some jpegs & mpegs onto a cd using Nero 5.0. The burn starts out fine, but then I get this message:

RW-241040 - Invalid writestate
RW-241040 - Could not perform EndTrack
Burn process failed at 12x(1800 KB/s)

I have used this software many times before with the same cd burner. Does anyone have any suggestions for me??

Thanks ,
John

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi
Every time itry to burn a disc i keep getting the following mssages

None of the files can be burned to an audio cd

The song could not be used because the original file could not be found

PLease insert blank audio cd (when I already have)

Can some one tell me what I should do next

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-burning-a-disc-from-itunes.112649/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am beyond frustrated What used to be an easy program to use to burn music has now become a real pain Everytime I go to burn a CD of music on my WMP it says it doesn t recognize that I have a blank CD in and ejects the CD I have made many CD s with WMP in the past but now something has gone wrong and it won t let me burn anything I am using Windows XP I have called Dell to troubleshoot and the DVD CD is working It will burn data CD s and on a rare occassion it will burn a music CD I have looked on many forums and tried many different solutions including reducing the Burning 11 Media Trouble on Windows CD's Player recording speed but nothing works I have Roxio and hate it It doesn t even have a quarter of my downloaded music and is a pain to record CD s on so I would like to stick with WMP if I could All advice would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Ok so here is my problem A family member of mine to Trouble Burning DVD VOB Playable Recovered Files had a camcorder that took mini DVD s and recorded on them I forgot exactly what brand it was Unfortunately this family member apparently didn t read the instructions and so wasn t aware that the DVD s had to be Trouble Burning Recovered VOB Files to Playable DVD finalized in the camcorder and never did that Fast forward several years to where that family member Trouble Burning Recovered VOB Files to Playable DVD has about or so of these Trouble Burning Recovered VOB Files to Playable DVD DVD s and then loses the camcorder Unfortunately none of these mini DVD s are playable in any DVD player and are not recognizeable in any computer I managed to use ISOBuster to extract the BUP IFO and VOB files from these mini DVD s in most cases it was BUP file IFO file and VOB files but in some cases it was more than one of each file and can play the VOB files via Cyberlink PowerDVD However what I want to do is be able to combine several of these VOB s on to a DVD since a regular DVD can hold more than one of those mini DVD s Unfortunately thus far all my attempts at burning to a DVD have failed In each case there was no sound on the DVD and it only played back on one of my DVD players which I think is a more advanced one that actually let me browse to each VOB file I don t think the existing IFO and BUP files are any good since obviously the mini DVD s didn t play on any DVD player so I m wondering what I need to do in order to create a playable DVD out of these VOB files I thought I could try using DVD Flick but it didn t recognize the VOB files as valid files to import Any ideas are greatly appreciated Also I m running WinXP SP but also have a MacBook running Leopard available if there is better software on the Mac OS although it d probably be easier to do it on the Windows XP laptop since all the files are already saved there Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble Burning Recovered VOB Files to Playable DVD

Try this software

http://www.dvdstyler.de/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-burning-recovered-vob-files-to-playable-dvd.916668/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a sony HDD handy cam My computer has Cam a HDD Handy clip Trouble my from burning movie Power to go on it which I use all the time to burn pictures to cd etc I am attempting to burn the quot movies quot that I have transferred to my hard dirve to a DVD that can be watched on tv as is meaning including music the video etc In the past I have created photo shows with music and effects and when I burn them to DVD and play on the TV they become still frame shows Trouble burning a movie clip from my HDD Handy Cam with no effects and one song Trouble burning a movie clip from my HDD Handy Cam playing the whole time After I burned the DVD s of my movie clips the TV said to insert a readable disk I then checked them on the computer and can watch the movies with the Windows media player Please let me know what I should be selecting from the available Trouble burning a movie clip from my HDD Handy Cam burn formats to properly transfer these movies to a readable DVD for TV viewing Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble burning a movie clip from my HDD Handy Cam

Well you need software to convert it, if you're using a standard Dvd player for the tv, you need to convert it to standard mpeg2 format 720x480 or 320x240(low quality) resolution. I don't know what your camera output file format is. Never had one.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools can probably find a free converter maybe. Not sure what format , if ya know what type of file you copied on to the dvd, it be more easier to tell.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-burning-a-movie-clip-from-my-hdd-handy-cam.698382/
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently unable to burn a CD-R in Win8.1.Error msg "the write speed for the recordable disc is either too fast or too slow for your CD or DVD burner" & "Windows was unable to complete the format". Had previously burnt such disc & still can read burnt disc.

A:Trouble burning CD-R discs on laptop in Win8.1

If by the registry tweak you mean UpperFilters and LowerFilters then fine as long as you are happy in there. It's not beyond possibility that this problem was caused by the registry cleaner, although CCleaner is one that least often gets it wrong.If you want to try a third party burning application on it try CDBurnerXP which is very small free and simple to use:https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/trouble-burning-cdr-discs-on-laptop-in-win81/1519.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I m attempting to burn a bin cue file Solved: File Trouble Alcohol .CUE 120% Burning with onto a DVD using Alcohol Solved: Trouble Burning .CUE File with Alcohol 120% I insert the disc and it seems to read it For some reason when Solved: Trouble Burning .CUE File with Alcohol 120% I hit start it Solved: Trouble Burning .CUE File with Alcohol 120% tells me to insert a blank disk already have the disc in The device name column has my dvd burner and the device status column says quot Blank Disc DVD quot But it doesnt go past this screen as if it s still waiting on me to put a blank disc in waited over minutes I ve tried taking it out the device status then reads no disc and putting in another blank disc device status goes back to saying blank disc DVD Also when I have the disc in before I begin burning I hit the info button and I see that it s reading the disc and it s blank I m using Memorex DVD R discs I m not too familiar with the differences between R and -R Am I possibly using the wrong type of disc Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Trouble Burning .CUE File with Alcohol 120%

Before folks respond they will ask you where did you get this file and what is it, as bin/cue/Alcohol 120 questions usually raise red flags here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-burning-cue-file-with-alcohol-120.513447/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I am trying to burn an mpeg2 file to a blank dvd. The correct file has been copied, and is now 'waiting to burn to disc'...however when I click the share tab, and then click 'Burn to Disc', nothing happens. No msg pops up and no action is happening. It is a 16x dvd. I used to do this in Windows 7 and never had a problem. Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

A:Solved: Trouble burning mpeg2 file to dvd in Windows 8

Depending on if you have Windows Media centre installed, some computers with 8 pre installed especially if 8 professional had the free Windows media Centre

If not open Windows Media player, bring your file to there and then after inserting the DVD click burn
on the right

I am honestly not sure if it will work, try formatting the DVD before you try the burn

The reason I say I am not sure is that I have a triple boot with 8 pro, 7 pro and xp, but I have burnt dvd`s on 8 no problem, with no additional burning software, but not mpeg files

I am just about to sign off if that does not work
See this
http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HowToCreateADVDOnWindows8EvenThoughWindowsDVDMakerIsGoneDVDStyler.aspx

NOTE PLEASE the caution re the OPT out required for the toolbar and home page change

I have just checked as well and I do not think MPEG2 will play on 8 in WMP let alone burn without added software

Good luck
signing off

Would you also kindly reply to your other topic when you get chance
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-8/1087735-boot-error-windows-8-a.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-burning-mpeg2-file-to-dvd-in-windows-8.1089249/
Relevancy 47.73%

After "publishing" my project in many different forms, I have found that changing the publishing options doesn't fix my problem.

When I try to use either windows dvd maker or roxio's mydvd basic v9 to put it on dvd, the colors are all weird and off. I have no idea why. When I click on the saved video and play it with windows media player, the colors are normal.

If I drag the movie from the desktop onto the dvd and burn it that way, the dvd will not play in the dvd player but will play on the computer in normal colors.

Please help me somebody!

A:Trouble burning windows movie maker project to dvd

Hi, angelicarw, and welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you might have some corrupted color profile information for your monitors. Before we explore this further, though, can you please update your system specs in your user control panel (UserCP link top left) so we can have an idea of your hardware?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/178001-trouble-burning-windows-movie-maker-project-dvd.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Guys, I Hope I Have Put This In The Right Section. I Have A Lg Dual Layer Burner And I Have Had Endless Trouble Burning With Nero. It Comes Up Error Reading Data, Burns Incorrectly Or Wont Recognise Disc At All. I Updated Firmware And This Did Not Fix The Problem. I Took The Burner Back To The Store Thinking It May Have Been Faulty And They Replaced It But It Is Still Doing The Same Thing. At The Moment It Is Burning A Disc Through Dvd Shrink With No Problems So Far. Has Anyone Had A Problem With Nero And This Model Of Burner? I Am Using Nero Ultra Edition. Can Anyone Recommend Any Burning Software They Have Found Good?

A:I Am Having Trouble Burning With My Lg 4160b Burner And Nero Any Ideas?

Does this happen with every disk?

If so, maybe you did not install it correctly, or you have a damaged ribbon cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-having-trouble-burning-with-my-lg-4160b-burner-and-nero-any-ideas.20213/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have recently been experiencing trouble in burning creating DVD-video discs from both video files and images iso OS Windows XP Media Center w Service Pack Software Cyberlink Power Go Windows Media Player I have in the past been able to create DVD-videos from either a video file mpeg wmv avi etc or an iso image without problems however now I am apparently unable to The disc is images & files from DVDs burning Trouble movie created without any error messages yet when I attempt to play that disc in either the same PC or on a standard DVD player it is not recognized My PC will say its blank and autoplay will pop up Trouble burning DVDs from movie files & images with quot Burn Create Disc Trouble burning DVDs from movie files & images quot If I explore the disc it appears empty yet I can see that the disc has been written on from visually looking at Trouble burning DVDs from movie files & images it I first thought the problem was from updating to Windows Media Player so I rolled back to Player but the problem persists Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, gang, and thanks in advance. Love the site!

I am trying to burn data or music (WAV files) to CD-R using an HP DVD writer 840e external drive connect via USB. About 2 months ago, I lost this capacity. It will read commercial CD's as well as user burned (prior to the shutdown) CD-r, and will burn DVD just fine. However, all attempts as burning anything to CD-R leads to an eventual freeze or failure of the process. I've tried updating firmware, registry cleaning, changing CD brands, and using RecordNow, Nero 8, WMP 10, and cdburnerxp pro. Nothing works.

Any ideas, solutions, or just plain shoulders to cry on would be greatly appreciated!

A:Revisiting a previously beaten dead horse: having trouble burning to CD-R

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/revisiting-a-previously-beaten-dead-horse-having-trouble-burning-to-cd-r.653766/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I used to be able to copy both music files from Windows media player and picture files from Kodak easyshare to using Kodak burning Windows a and media Having trouble player! cd Easyshare a cd Now when I try to copy to a disc Kodak gives me an error message saying quot Kodak cannot detect a Having trouble burning a cd using Kodak Easyshare and Windows media player! cd-r drive quot When I try to copy music to a cd usind windows media player I get the following message quot Windows Media Player cannot copy the files to the recordable disc You may encounter this error message for one of the following reasons The CD-R or CD-RW drive is busy Wait for the drive to complete its current operation and then try again The CD-R or CD-RW drive is not compatible Verify that the drive is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device drivers and then try again quot If I click on my computer drive C and then go to a folder where I have my music stored I can click on the songs I want and then copy them to Having trouble burning a cd using Kodak Easyshare and Windows media player! a CD - so that tells me the drive does work It just won t work from the kodak or media player software Regards Jarrett nbsp

A:Having trouble burning a cd using Kodak Easyshare and Windows media player!

If you can "click and copy" to the CD you must be running a UDF program, right?? InCD or Direct CD...or am I miss reading what you mean by "click and copy to the CD??" Disable the UDF program and the burners will record again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-burning-a-cd-using-kodak-easyshare-and-windows-media-player.181202/
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 36.98%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 33.97%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have trouble whenever start windows the start button appears as a white box and nothing appears on the desktop just the (just the background, no icons nor the gadgets) then I tried starting it on safe mode and did system restore however when it does start the mouse pointer keeps on appearing as working in background. I tried virus scan with ESET and so far nothing is detected. Tried task manager and saw nothing running (aside from virus scan, explorer and firefox)

A:Mouse Pointer trouble and startup trouble

Run sfc/scannow, see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198870-mouse-pointer-trouble-startup-trouble.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I tried looking this up, tried searching multiple ways and I am not getting an answer, so here I am.

Last night I cut 34.8 GB from one drive, pasted it to another. It said 50 minutes, I went to sleep. 8 hours later, it says 50 minutes remaining, so I hit cancel. It has now been canceling for around 30 minutes.

What can I do to stop this? Can I shut down? Will I lose all the stuff I'm moving?

A:Trouble pasting, trouble canceling paste

Hi valenz9,

My personal observation on above is that at times the system is stuck moving data if there are a large number of small sized files involved. It is usually advisable to copy and paste data first and then delete the unwanted data from older location for data security. However, as in your case you are already stuck moving the data and it is not responding anymore, I would suggest you to go ahead and End the copying process with the help of Task Manager (Right click on Taskbar and click Start Task Manager). Once you have killed the task, the data might be divided into two halves i.e. in old location and rest in new location. I would suggest you to utilize a third party data copying utility to copy the data in one place. Once such application is TeraCopy. Note that copying may take a long time if there are a lot of small files involved. Also, the program shared is neither recommended nor endorsed by Dell.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304295-trouble-pasting-trouble-canceling-paste.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello all I hope someone can help but let me first start out by saying I m very computer illiterate and get very nervous about trying to Trouble, Trouble Video Now Audio fix the PC A couple of months ago my monitor screen would get a greenish-overlay to it then switch back to its regular appearance I can still read the screen it s just a green pall for lack of a better word on the screen I thought it was the Video Trouble, Now Audio Trouble monitor and replaced the new monitor with an older one After booting up the computer the screen was normal until it reached a certain point in the startup and then it got the green overlay I ve unplugged the computer twice and when I ve turned it back on the screen starts normal and then gets the green overlay As if that weren t enough now today my audio has stopped working Video Trouble, Now Audio Trouble It worked fine last night so I don t know what happened The speaker icon in the tray has disappeared and I tried unplugging restarting and then plugging the speakers back in and nothing happened I removed the Audiotek drivers and restarted and the computer detected new hardware - Multimedia Audio Controller I selected Find Drivers and it tried looking online for a couple of minutes but came back and said it could not find any hardware for the device I know people will need more information to help so let me know what information is required and I will attempt to find it or ask how to find it Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-trouble-now-audio-trouble.128667/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a N-Router system, and an HP Laptop, and they were working fine up until last night when I was trying to get my DSi onto my router. I was changing things blindly and I guess I didn't change something back. I don't know what I did, or even if I did anything. My laptop says there is a connection, although it won't connect to it, so I think the settings are messed up, but i've tried changing the settings over and over again.

I am using Windows 7, and I very much suck when it comes to computer terms when talking about them. Sorry.

I have a WNR2000 router.

Thank you. Tommy

Relevancy 31.39%

to explain:
I am running windows xp and use a via vinyl ac'97 soundcard.
Midi control responds only after restart and only works for a fraction of a second.
I use a gameport adapter to connect to midi keyboard.
using programs fruity loops and audiomulch, both most recent versions.
Bios says midi is up and running, as does device manager.
Any ideas?
Is there a midi buffer that i'm somehow overcrowding?
Should I be able to see midi volume control?
Thank You from Somalia

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/midi-trouble-mpu401-trouble.595092/
Relevancy 27.52%

I went to burn a CD last night and at the top of my playlist it now says "connect a burner and restart the player". I haven't made any changes in my computer software or updates or anything. How do I make it so I can burn CDs again?

A:CD burning.

What software are you using to burn the CDs? It sounds like media player or something similar which is notoriously unreliable at CD-writing. Try ImgBurn; it's free and highly recommended.

Slainte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.873546/
Relevancy 27.52%

Help again please
what is the best and easiest way of burning a cd with music i have recorded from cassette to the pc. so that i can select tracks to play or is this not possible
thanks in anticipation

A:Burning cd

Assuming that you recoded the cassette to a one single audio file.. You have to split that file up so that every track is a separate file. Then you just drag and drop in your favourite CD burning program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-cd.71768/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a brand new Dell E310 at home. I tryed to burn a DVD, and it said that there are copyright laws on the disc. Is there any ways that i can get around this?

A:DVD burning

Which programs are you using? DVD's contain content protection so you can't just drag the files off the DVD or do a disc to disc copy.

Check out these sites for info:
www.videohelp.com
www.doom9.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning.44466/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am having trouble burning CDs. I down load as flac then convert to wav and burn via “Ashampoo burning studio” I have been doing this for several years with no mishaps but now I am getting crackles on the burned CD and suspect the DVD RW drive I have never cleaned or dusted it. The wav files stored on PC play perfectly so it points to the drive. I am tempted to put a vacuum nozzle in the region of the open CD tray and see if that fixes it. I run a DELL desktop and Vista Home.

A:Burning CDs

Most use a can of clean compressed air. You can get them for a few dollars at a discount computer, electronics, or office store. One thing I did to save money was buy a plastic air pump. It required two hands to operate. But it only cost me $3 or $4 shipping included. It was good enough to blow dust off the keyboard and monitor etc.. For tight spaces though, the can of air with the plastic tube sticking out of the nozzle is tough to beat.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/303835-burning-cds.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I have lots of songs downloaded from the program quot quot and whenever I want to bring a song from into Real Player to burn a CD it doesn t seem to be working anymore A few weeks ago it was working and I THINK I know what the problem is Before this happened all of the songs I had in my quot quot folder had a little Real Player icon next to it and I all I had to do was right click on a song and click on quot open with Real Player to burn quot But NOW there is a little blue CD's Burning open box with blue music notes coming out of it next to each song not the Real Player icon anymore So now when I right click a song I can t burn it with Real Player For some reason my Sony Vaio Windows XP computer replaced the real player icon for this blue icon that I have Burning CD's never seen before I Burning CD's don t understand it Is there any way for me to let the Real Player icon show up again so that I can burn my CD s I didn t know which category to put this question in but I hope someone can help me out Thanks Ca nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello I'm trying to rip a previosly recorded cd-r and my player is not reading it. It will read an original cd but not a cd-r. What should I do.

A:cd burning

Hi there, you need to be more specific, give us brief details.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.635350/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have Windows XP and I have a movie that is in .WMV format. How can I burn it onto a DVD using Nero Burning ROM 8? I think it can only use ISO files?

A:DVD burning.

You need the Nero suite, specifically Nero Vision I think, to make a DVD out of a wmv file.

DVDFlick (www.dvdflick.net) is free and can do the job.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.854113/
Relevancy 27.52%

I THINK MY HARD-DRIVE IS NOT READING THE BLANK CD'S----PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

A:Cd Burning

A strange question........if they're blank then there's nothing on them to read....

Maybe you should describe your problem in more detail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.372246/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,

I am having a little trouble burning a VHS tape to a DVD disc. My wife had been looking for a movie for a long time and finally found it. Problem is of course, is that it's on VHS. Well her mother has a DVD burner she we thought she could purchase the VHS and then just simply burn it to a DVD.

Problem is, when I press the record button on the DVD recorder, I get a message saying protected material. It won't let me burn the VHS to the DVD.

I had heard a while back about the movie companies and such placing "codes" or something on tapes to prevent you from recording them to another tape.

Is there a way I can go around this or what can I do short of waiting until the movie comes out on DVD?

Thanks for any help

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, I have Windows 98 second edition with a CD-R. I need some step by step instruction on how to burn pictures on to a CD. I have already uploaded them from my digital camera into the camera software, they are also showing up in My Documents. Thanks, Dan

A:Burning a CD

welcome whomper

did the cd burner come with software such as Nero and did you install it?

If so just open the software and follow the instruction...Should be as simple as draging the files into the burn window

ps... I'm going to delete one of your post as they are duplicates

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-cd.329643/
Relevancy 27.52%

My cd burner is burning very slow (takes about 15 minutes), how can I resolve this problem.

Relevancy 27.52%
Q: burning

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum to be on but here goes i am burning to disk 198 minutes of home movies and it is taking nearly 12 hours to complete surely this cant be right i am burning at a speed 4 any advice would be welcome, im using convertxtodvd

A:burning

Is it running 2 pass encoding and adding chapters, the manual is here ConvertXtoDVD version 5 Complete Guide

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burning-1070730.html
Relevancy 27.52%

A question about burning images from cam to cam onto a cd. I have Nero 5.5, and if I cam with somebody on the net, how do I go about burning that session to cd?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cd-from-cam.287757/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've Been Trying To Burn Dvd's, But I've Been Having One Problem. The Movie Completly Burns, But About An Half An Hour Into The Movie It Will Start To Glich. Can Anyone Tell Me Why This Might Be Doing This. I'm Even Using Dual Layer Dvd's, So I Don't Have To Compress The Movie At All, But It Still Does It. I Burn It At The Slowest Speed To. I Use Nero6 Along With Dvd43 For A Decrypter. Please Help.

A:dvd burning help

On what are you playing it? Maybe your DVD player is not the best for either DVD+/-R.

IIRC, some DVD players have some problems with "packed bitstreams" (?). You either need to wait until someone makes a firmware that supports them correctly, make the DVD in an other mode, or use an other DVD-Player.

Maybe it's an other problem that a 3rd party firmware could fix if it's not on your computer that you're playing it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-help.44870/
Relevancy 27.52%

hi. im on a dell latitude d400 notebook with ex disc player. i really dont know about burning cds/dvds and formatting them to play on dvd players etc. im not even sure if i have the required software and if so where to find it on my computer. can anyone recommend type of software and post a link to step by step instructions for buning/disc type required etc.
thanks for any help