Windows Support Forum

Admin Profile Problems

Q: Admin Profile Problems

Yesterday I changed the name of my main (and only) profile. Today I tried logging on with the new name and I can't get in. I can login using my old username but I am no longer an admin, can't access any of my folders, and cannot change anything in the user profiles without admin user/pass. I can't login as admin because I never turned the option on either. I've tried logging on as admin, administrator and default but I can't get any of them to work. Anything I can do?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin Profile Problems

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Admin Profile Problems

Yes, System Restore to before you made the change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/103543-admin-profile-problems.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so my buddy's ancient xp laptop has failing video I logged onto it as an administrator and shared all the users documents I proceeded to another pc in the house running Vista and created an administrator account with the same credentials as the laptop's then copied Admin doing created newly Move to after Missing from profile Files profile mostly I used copy but for a few folders I used the move command over the network the primary users profile folder It took two attempts It failed to connect the first time but succeeded after I returned to the laptop and disabled Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile simple file sharing and gave the laptops administrator's user account I shared the folders from security permissions to all user folders in question I had my friend's Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile girlfriend verify all her pictures were in place on the Vista PC and they were I felt like quot see I do know my stuff quot They aren't computer people and have alot of old failing machines I keep going for them I do this for a living and must have donated a not insignificant amount of time keeping their aging stuff going and I've had a string of having to tell them I simply couldn't make things like HD transcoding and playback run quot any more better quot or that I couldn't software fix failing hardware on their aging collection of machines So I was happy for the successful move My bud's girl ended up staying on the PC's Admin's profile FaceBooking and reminiscing about the irreplaceable pictures that absolutely needed to be saved from the laptop The ones of a recently lost loved one the loss of which they were taking quite hard It was obvious she was happy to still have them and that made me feel good that something finally worked without a hitch This went on for quite awhile until it got late and the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about getting her stuff off that profile and moved to a Limited user account History has taught me again and again the only way to keep my donated time down to a minimum in certain situations is to keep them using limited user accounts So when she went upstairs I created her a user account on the PC which is running Vista with her name and quickly logged onto and off of it making sure the profile's user account's folders were created I logged back onto the Admin account I previously created for the move which matched the credentials of the failing laptop's and navigated to the newly created users desktop folder and copied some stuff from the moved laptop's desktop folder Success At this point my buddy who's been tossing back beers for hours now tells me that it's he understandably so feels like turning in It's not like I'm yet again working for free right I wonder if I was swapping a motor in his car at no charge he would be rushing me out with only a few bolts left to tighten but I understand it seems to him like I'm doing nothing but keeping him from turning in at this point So I say quot give me just another few minutes quot not wanting to drag the move out another day I selected the four remaining folders in the transferred laptop's user's folder and gave them a move command to the newly created limited users Documents folder instead of putting Pictures in pictures and movies in movies music in music like I started to do with the desktop folder Then in the agonizingly slow fashion everything computer related over there always seem to go the transfer window after the UAC move permissions prompts displays that the move is going to take an hour plus but just long enough for him to say quot that's it I got to turn in quot before flashing to zero and seemingly completing successfully Then I notice the source folder still contained a full pictures folder and a music folder so I reselected them and gave them the move command again accepting the uac prompts and a do this for all move and replace for files of same name and... Read more

A:Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile

You could have summed this up in a lot less words.
Try to recover your files using the free Recuva.
If that fails, try the Free PhotoRec a part of TestDisk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/files-missing-after-doing-move-from-admin-profile-to-newly-created-profile-740513.html
Relevancy 59.34%

OK I read the past forums and saw this problem addressed, but never answered.

I believe my Admin profile is messing up, but in an undefinable way.

I recently lost the ability to use most of the after-market programs installed on my cpu. When i try to open them, they ask for serial numbers. However, they do not accept the serial numbers when I type them in. When I try to uninstall them, I noticed I do not have install/uninstall privileges. And most do not show up in add/remove hardware. I also lost access to my Outlook Express mailboxes. And my desktop looks screwy.

I have only one user account: "Administrator," but it seems I've lost my Administrator privileges. System Restore only goes back to the date it occurred.

Is there a way to get full admin access or at least make the cpu recognize the programs it shows on the desktop?

TIA
BMac

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-profile-w-o-admin-powers.706552/
Relevancy 58.91%

Tried to log on to my ADMIN profile to make changes to user accounts and got the dreaded "User Profile Service" service failed the logon on.

Can anyone advise how to fix this problem?

A:Admin profile - "User Profile Service" error showing.

Hello Dogwalkersg5, and welcome to Vista Forums.

This may be able to help you fix this.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232313-admin-profile-user-profile-service-error-showing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi, today i strted cleaning my pc from trojans. so i had to go to safemode to clean proper (still far from it ). okay so i start in safe and i notice there are 2 admins. HP_Admin and just admin. okay was fine, was puzzeld as to why but okay. i made a new admin account and deleated them both. well my pc shuts down on its own.(has been doing it since i got trojan.) and i start up in safe mode to run another scan, and to my surprise there is yet another admin profile. now my quetion is. does windowsXP make a defult admin profile for safemode? and why can i not see it out of safemode. I tried to got to user accounts to deleat it and it is no there. i can only see it at the choose user profile in safemode bootup.

Relevancy 54.61%

I have three profiles on my Win7 PC; myself (Administrator), my Wife, and the Kids; both of which are Limited.

Every once in a while one of them needs to ask me to install a program or sometimes I log in to their account to clean up their desktop of shortcuts they dont need.

My question is when I just log in normally I can't just right click on the icons and delete since it says I need admin privvies. Well I am an admin. Why isn't there a dialog box or some way to work within the "Limited" User Account but with elevated admin privledges?

Same goes for installing programs.

As of now I have to log into MY account and temporarily change their user statuses to Administrator, log into their accounts, take care of buisness, log out and back into my account, then remove the Admin rights.

This is just annoying...

A:How to log in as Admin on a profile set to Limited

Quote: Originally Posted by 211

I have three profiles on my Win7 PC; myself (Administrator), my Wife, and the Kids; both of which are Limited.

Every once in a while one of them needs to ask me to install a program or sometimes I log in to their account to clean up their desktop of shortcuts they dont need.

My question is when I just log in normally I can't just right click on the icons and delete since it says I need admin privvies. Well I am an admin. Why isn't there a dialog box or some way to work within the "Limited" User Account but with elevated admin privledges?

Same goes for installing programs.

As of now I have to log into MY account and temporarily change their user statuses to Administrator, log into their accounts, take care of buisness, log out and back into my account, then remove the Admin rights.

This is just annoying...

When you logon to the " limited " account, the system does not know it is the " almighy " admin logging on ( joking ).
All it knows is a user with limited privileges and valid password has logged on.
Therefore, when the " user " wants to do something that is beyond the privilege restriction, the system will ask for admin permission. Hence the dialog box.

That is how it is supposed to work.
All you have to do is either enter your admin password, or click Continue. Then you can proceed to do what you want to do in that limited account.
You don't need to change their accounts to admin in order to do waht you want to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169612-how-log-admin-profile-set-limited.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Help! I was setting up a new Windows NT 4.0 SP5 machine and in my hast have accidentally removed the administrator profile. We are using AutoLogin in the registry and now I can't edit the registry to take AutoLogin off.
Is there a way for me to edit the registry in DOS? Is there any software I can download? All I need to do is remove the autologin and then be able to login as the administrator. I would rather not have to reload the machine from scratch. If I attrib the winnt directory and copy system.dat and user.dat, can I edit on another machine? Please help ASAP if you can..

Thanks,
Shawn Haley
Systems Analyst
Royal Doulton USA

A:Lost Admin Profile - NEED HELP

if the machine is on the network you can use regedt32 to connect to the registry remotely and then remove the autologin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-admin-profile-need-help.44594/
Relevancy 54.61%

I XP as Profile admin Working Not have profiles set up on my PC Two are set up as admin users and one is set up as a limited user The limited user and one admin profile are working correctly however the third profile is giving me problems It will log in with the correct password and appears to load the profile XP Profile Not Working as admin However when you try to open a program it says windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item If I set the same profile to a limited user it will open programs firefox ie etc I have ran the gambit of spyware detectors and found them all to be clean SAS MB Spybot HJT and combofix I did just find this entry in the Event Log which may or may not identify the issue Event Type ErrorEvent Source UserenvEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time PMUser Computer Description Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL - Access is denied For more information see Help and Support Center at This seems to indicate that I have a corrupted profile -- http www microsoft com technet support e v amp LCID Any idea of how to find this backup to the profile Anyone concur that this it what seems to be the problem

A:XP Profile Not Working as admin

I also would say that the original profile is corrupt, based on my limited experience.

There is a copy of the ntuser.dat file in C:\Windows\Repair on my system. I suppose that can be used to replace the damaged ntuser.dat file which appears in your personal Docs & Settings.

I think I would backup the profile contents...in case using the new file results in a wipeout.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180233/xp-profile-not-working-as-admin/
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear all admin Deleted profile I would really appreciate some help with a problem caused by utter stupidity on my part My parents just bought a new Dell laptop with Windows Vista bit and because they are getting on a bit I'd offered to set it up to their liking At Deleted admin profile one point they commented on having to log on every time on start up so I set about changing this To change it to an automatic login I went to the start menu search and typed quot netplwiz quot getting me to the User Account Control There I proceeded in my hurry to make them happy rather than check the automatic login to delete the only login on the computer I then happily rebooted it not realising my mistake until it restarted and asked for a password and then notifying me that no passwords had been found but that I still needed one The situation now is thus - The login page recognises the username but not the correspondent password - It recognises no other users - It requires a password to log in - No password recovery disk was made prior to my brainless actions Is there anything that I can do to solve this I cannot imagine it was that easy to delete the only admin account on the computer by mistake and shutting oneself out complete and irrevokeably Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Paaskonijn

A:Deleted admin profile

Do a system restore to a point before you deleted the account.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235004-deleted-admin-profile.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi So my laptop was pretty messed up and i had to reinstal Windows Had a clean laptop for two days then tried to turn it on and got a message saying an error occured and it can't read the hard disk ctr alt del to restart Win7 (admin) on log to Can't profile my this was the reason i had to reinstal I restarted and it booted but now it says it can't log on to my user account which Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7 is the only account on this laptop I only get this message and OK button which takes me to log on screen Tried everything like checking for errors - an error occurs and it can't run that Tried system restore - again error Tried to delete create new user account - it does nothing when i click on those options in control panel Tried regedit - the search won't find regedit went to windows Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7 folder found command com but it won't let me use it Oh and in safe mode everytime i access My computer i get a big error saying C Windows system config systemprofile Desktop refears to a location that is unavailable It could be on hard drive on this computer or on network Any thoughts

A:Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7

Hi
Welcome to Seven Forums
Have a look at this thread from Microsoft Forums - Microsoft Answers
Noticed that you are unable to create another account - have you tried enabling the hidden Admin account?

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Once you are a able to create another account you can follow the following from Microsoft - Fix A Corrupted User Profile

Quote:
Fix a corrupted user profile

Your user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to. It contains your settings for desktop backgrounds, screen savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you log on to Windows. If you tried to log on to Windows and received an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted, you can try to repair it. You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one.
To create a new user profile

To create a new user profile, you must first create a new user account. When the account is created, a profile is also created.
The steps that you should follow will vary, depending on whether your computer is on a domain or a workgroup. To find out, see "To check if your computer is on a workgroup or domain" in What is the difference between a domain, a workgroup, and a homegroup?
Hide all
My computer is on a domain

Open Microsoft Management Console by clicking the Start button , typing mmc into the search box, and then pressing Enter.* If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
In the left pane of Microsoft Management Console, click Local Users and Groups.
If you don't see Local Users and Groups

If you don't see Local Users and Groups, it's probably because that snap-in hasn't been added to Microsoft Management Console. Follow these steps to install it: In Microsoft Management Console, click the File menu, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.
Click Local Users and Groups, and then click Add.
Click Local computer, click Finish, and then click OK.

Click the Users folder.
Click the Action menu, and then click New User.
Type the appropriate information in the dialog box, and then click Create.
When you are finished creating user accounts, click Close.

My computer is in a workgroup

Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts.
Click Manage another account. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Click Create a new account.
Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

To copy files to the new user profile

After you create the profile, you can copy the files from the existing profile. You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created.

Log on as a user other than the new user you just created or the user that you want to copy files from.
Open the My Documents folder by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer. Double-click the hard disk drive that Windows is installed on (it's usually your C: drive), double-click Users, double-click the folder with the name of your account, and then double-click My Documents.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Option... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/120769-cant-log-my-profile-admin-win7.html
Relevancy 54.18%

When I am logged in as admin or logged into my sons user account I can access the internet. When I am logged into my husbands user profile I cannot access the internet. It was working before. I am slightly computer stupid so please talk easy to me! :)

A:Internet on admin & 1 user profile but not on other user profile

It tells me "The proxy server is refusing connections" ????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-on-admin-and-1-user-profile-but-not-on-other-user-profile-446646.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Please - account no profile user admin help I ve been getting the quot user profile service user profile - no admin account failed the logon quot error message on my account which was the admin account All of user profile - no admin account the solutions posted online require you to be logged in as an administrator in order user profile - no admin account to execute them So far I ve tried fixing user profile editing system registry etc as per this page http support microsoft com kb en-US wa wsignin can t from a standard user account creating a new account and transferring data can t from a standard user account restoring system to previous point using command prompts can t from a standard user account enabling the quot hidden quot admin account can t as a standard user being stressed and grumpy I can do this fine but it s not effective at solving the problem I don t seem to be able to do anything as a standard user on the only account left and every time it prompts for my admin password it won t let me go any further What do I do We have loads of photos and documents which haven t been backed up yet yes yes don t even say it and so I don t want to just reset the whole thing or risk losing anything Any advice Thank you in advance nbsp

A:user profile - no admin account

Restart the machine in the "Safe mode"
Use the "Administrator" account and password if you set one up. If you did NOT set up a password, then just use the "enter" key when in the password box.
Once up and running in the safe mode, you should be able to make a new account of the admin group.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-no-admin-account.1142637/
Relevancy 53.75%

I deleted a profile and restarted my computer then tried to log in to my admin account and it would not let me in.
I'v been to a bunch of websites and done everything with the command prompt that i could on my brothers limited account.
can't get in at all, need help bad all the family photos are on my account and their not shared so im stuck and i cant work with my brothers account because it can not do admin things.

Notes:
windows xp pro
limited account only
no reinstallment disc

HELP!!!!!

A:Solved: Locked out of admin profile

Hi and Welcome,
While working on the other issues, you could use a linux (Ubuntu) live CD to recover your important photos to external media.
Guide with screenshots http://www.techsupportforum.com/alt...use-ubuntu-superos-recover-files-windows.html

The version of Ubuntu may be different but the process is the same.

Hope this helps?

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-locked-out-of-admin-profile.968289/
Relevancy 53.75%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free internet access with Can only Admin Profile - MB Motherboard eMachines EL G Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Hello I recently tried to watch a show on couch tuner com and inadvertently clicked the wrong link which attempted to download a video player i did not want or need Ever since then I have been unable to access internet in any of the Standard user profiles for my son my wife or my standard profile I created a new profile and it also Can only access internet with Admin Profile will not connect Every time I attempt to connect I am given a page that says page Can only access internet with Admin Profile not available or page not available because you are not connected to internet although I clearly am I can connect when in admin profile although it is getting quite slower than usual I use Chrome web browser and am connected to internet via Google Fiber Free Internet WiFi connected via Belkin wireless USB adapter I have done a couple searches on this issue but have unable to find any real useful information I did notice several programs were installed ont he day the problems started and I have uninstalled them all I have run Mcafee antivirus and Spybot S amp D the issue still remains This computer is at my wife and son s apartment which I visit regularly but not everyday so there may be some possible lag between responses I appreciate your aid Can only access internet with Admin Profile Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-only-access-internet-with-admin-profile.1138468/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All

Last night my computer kept sticking at the welcome page after the password was entered. After restarting it a few times, it ended up sticking on a black screen with a white cursor.

After googling for help I ran a startup repair which said there were no problems but every time I try to log into the profile now it takes me to a temporary profile.

I have managed to create a standard profile now as I originally only had an admin profile and can see that the files and documents are still there on the admin profile.

I just want to know how I can fix the admin profile if anyone can help me please?

hope I've provided enough info, sorry if I haven't

many thanks,

lee

A:Vista admin profile problem SP2

Hi and welcome to TSF you may be able to run a repair like this http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html and this may be another possibility to let you sort things http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...r_activate.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-admin-profile-problem-sp2-466068.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This happened last night. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

I was rebooting my laptop as usual. I typed in the password and Windows loaded. But, Windows did not load my admin profile which I have been using before. Instead, it loaded a temporary profile with this error message appeared :

Windows cannot find 'RVHOST.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a files, click the button, and the click Search.

The temporary profile was just a mere blank profile with less icons on the desktop unlike my admin profile before. I also couldn't see my photos, videos, documents, etc in My Documents but I could locate them through Search and could view them normally.

Why did this happen? How do I solve this and get Windows to load back my admin profile which I have been using before? Hope someone can help.

The temporary profile

A:Windows did not load admin profile.

That message appears to be largely associated with malware.

Please read and comply with this guide then post a new item in the Spyware section; http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-did-not-load-admin-profile-421906.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys,

This is driving me crazy. I just implemented roaming profiles, but now my users are having issues because some of our applications require local admin rights. Also, we allow them to install software as needed.

Is there a way I can give the users Local Administrator rights either using a logon script or any other way?

Thanks for the help,
Wayne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-admin-rights-with-roaming-profile.610857/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am having a problem with the is Profiles yet are Admin XP profile Slow; fast...Why? two profiles other than the administrator profile in Windows XP They are both running unusually SLOOOW i e they make molasses moving uphill backwards in January XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? look like light speed all the sudden while the admin profile runs at quot normal quot speed still Recently XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? had a spyware problem still finishing its cleanup XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? on another thread but it is essentially back to normal for now and I have removed all other virus programs and installed Panda Platinum since it seems to do an exceptionally thorough job in sweeping the system Not sure how the two other profiles can be so bogged down while the admin profile works just fine How can I correct this problem Thanks for any insight oh I have MB of RAM so that is not an issue Here s the latest Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c program files panda software panda platinum internet security firewall PNMSRV EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security PavFnSvr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security AntiSpam pskmssvc exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security PsImSvc exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Excite PrvtMsgr bin x IMPipe exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Accelerate accelerate exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security APVXDWIN EXE C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C PROGRA HEWLET PHOTOS HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Netscape Netscape Netscp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hposol exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security SRVLOAD EXE C WINDOWS System HPHipm exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security WebProxy exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cidaemon exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security avciman exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security psimreal exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ku edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ku edu F - RE... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-profiles-are-slow-yet-admin-profile-is-fast-why.425837/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have a friend who used his computer yesterday and today when he attempted to logon to his computer as himself (admin) it tells him "user profile cannot be loaded". I attempted to help him boot into safe mode and change his password. He changed it and it still brings up the same error message. He does have another profile account that his daughter uses but no admin actions can be taken from her account. What can I do to help my friend? This is a challenge I have never encountered during my learning of how to troubleshoot pc's.

A:Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Ouch. Sounds like a corrupted %USERPROFILE% and the fix requires the Admin-Id.

Have you tried running a System Restore? I will prompt for the admin password.
Issue is, not entirely sure the user's profiles are saved in the restore points.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-logon-to-admin-windows-vista-profile.216968/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have Windows XP X and I created another profile to game and granted it admin rights When I rebooted I noticed only the new profile was available I have searched and pressing ctrl alt del twice did not recover the old admin account just granted me the new admin account I found this to be very strange as this is the first profile other. another Admin rights deleted with Creating time this has ever happened to me My files are still saved as if the account has just been hidden However after going under computer management the only account seen is the new gaming account I created and it has been changed as if it is the only profile ever created All my documents are still under the old profile and it is labeled administrator Is there anyway I can get back into my old account I'm not really interested in transferring files as I only wanted this profile for low services in the background for more performance Thanks Jordan

A:Creating another profile with Admin rights deleted other.

You were using the built in Administrator account for your user account profile. Once you create another user account profile, it hides the built in Administrator account (to be only used for Administrative purposes). You don't want to run your computer with the Administrator account, because if your user profile jacks up, how can you log on to repair it? So, Create another User account, and copy your My Documents, Favorites, and Desktop over to the new profile make it have administrative privileges, and leave the Built in Administrator account Hidden and un-used.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/creating-another-profile-with-admin-rights-deleted-other-419625.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Win 2000 Prof: Deleted Admin profile!
Can view deleted file ...000 but am unable to restore it. Is there a program that will let me go back and see all info on hard drive and find my deleted administraor & password so I can access old files?

A:Access Deleted Admin Profile Data

Welcome to TSG!

If you can't restore the profile, can you copy it to a new location? Even with that and copying over the default profile probably will not restore the admin account. You could try to repair the system, but I am not sure that would work either as it is not the same as the old NT repair where you could reset the registry to the last saved state. Your best bet is to do a clean install in the same folder and re-install all of the apps. Then from the new admin account you can take ownership of any files you need.

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-deleted-admin-profile-data.113136/
Relevancy 53.32%

I only have one user profile with admin priviledges. I can not login to it, I get the "user profile cannot be opened..." msg. I can boot into all Safe Modes. After reading some online support messages, I booted in safe mode and logged into "admin" profile and it says "loading default profile" and then logs me in. I then attempt to go to User Accounts and "Add a new User" to add a new user with Admin priviledges, but this option is Not Shown to me. If I try to click on "manage user accounts" it does nothing. It shows a microsoft "shield" on left side of this option. I know I can access my documents in safe mode still, but need to create a new user to move them to. HELP!

A:Admin user profile corrupt, can't create new one

my advise to you would be backup your data (in safe mode) and reinstall, or try a repair install.. something in the registry is corrupt. have you used a registry cleaner/optimizer ??

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-user-profile-corrupt-cant-create-new-one-568997.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Last week I logged into my XP Profile quot Blazer quot and admin access Can't with Solved: even XP login Help! profile the entire screen was frozen I rebooted and the same thing happened Since I didn t have any money to purchase a new antivirus system I ran the free quot House Call quot after logging into my admin profile Unfortunately it did not find any virus Because my Blazer profile has a ton of important documents Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login on it I need a way to access this profile but when I login as admin and click on the Blazer profile in windows explorer it says quot Access is Denied quot I assume Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login some virus has attacked my profile and made it inaccessible My question is Is there a way I can access this profile and copy the contents to another profile Is there another free anti virus software on the net that may be able to Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login clean and fix this issue Thank you very much for any help I m really stuck on this one nbsp

A:Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login

Try taking ownership of the Blazer folder. See this page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-cant-access-xp-profile-even-with-admin-login.770735/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I have been up and down various boards over the last few days and though I have found many suggestions I keep finding myself in an endless loop I enabled the Hidden Admin account on my Win Pro laptop The account was created without a hitch but when I try to login I get a defualt profile loading up Blank desktop and a very limited user profile Not even a command prompt in the quot Accessories quot folder in the Start menu When I try and access the Users folder I get denied Strange as this is the quot Super quot Hidden Admin account I have found suggestions with regards to Regedit problem Admin Hidden profile account default but the account is not listed in profiles list Only my original quot Jay quot account and system profiles network local I have tried to create other accounts I created a Standard account without a password and I get this error quot User profile services failed the login quot This error too Hidden Admin account default profile problem led me to a Regedit solution but again the account is not present In fact no new user folders are created when I make a new account When I try to view Users folder from my quot Jay quot account which works brilliantly there are no other user folders It's like it allows me to create new user accounts but is loading a default profile instead with all accounts I create Restore point won't work as I cleared all but my most recent the other day my one account is doing great so I cleared my restore points and made a system image now I wish I hadn't I don't know where to go from here other than maybe a repair install Kind of freaks me out about maybe messing up my only good profile account I have going right now

A:Hidden Admin account default profile problem

Hello Jay,

You might see if this may be able to help you fix this user profile error.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160167-hidden-admin-account-default-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
Guys, I've been using an admin account till now for my customization needs and registry tweaks as i got annoyed by frequent pop-ups and permission thingy. Well, now it's all set to my needs.
Now, i'm thinking to convert my admin account into standard one.
Well, i know i can always create another admin account, log in to that account and convert my account into standard account.
I just wanted to know is there any chances of getting something like my profile getting messed up and losing my all hard work made to customize it to my needs.
Is their any other way of doing it? Or this method is itself the safest way? Also, how do i backup my user profile and it's settings aka configuration to restore if something goes wrong?
Sorry for so many noobvious questions as I've had never felt in need of it before.

A:Converting admin acc. to standard acc. & backing up user profile

Hello Ezio,

You will have to have at least one administrator account created on your computer at all times. If you did not want to use it for everyday use anymore, then it would be best to password protect it (if not already) and use the standard account instead. If you did not have an administrator account, then you would not be able to install programs or be able to make any changes that affect the system and other users.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132615-converting-admin-acc-standard-acc-backing-up-user-profile.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hi,
I am installed Office 2000 Proofing tools on a Windows 2000 Professional SP 3 machine which has Office 2K Professional installed. The problem is that the dictionary (of the Proofing tools) appears only in a Administrator profile. It doesnot appear in any non-admin profile.

What could be the problem.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2k-proofing-tools-work-only-in-admin-profile.209590/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello - I have a Windows 7 laptop with a user account that was not created with my knowledge. The laptop seems to have some type of malware, but this user account blocks any attempts to run programs or switch to another administrator.
I'd like help removing this profile and returning control back to me. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589287/need-help-removing-unwanted-user-profile-with-admin-privilege/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

I currently have an XP laptop that has 2 account - one has all permissions, the other is a 'limited' account.

Last night the Main account decided it wasnt going to work and the screens stays blue with a cursor and thats it......

I can access the limited accoutn without problem, but i cannot get to the files because they are locked to the main account.

Anyone have any ideas on how i can get to the files? is it possible to upgrade the limited account without going into the main account?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Paul

A:XP Admin Profile Corrupt - Upgrade Limited Account?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-admin-profile-corrupt-upgrade-limited-account.363952/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone Here is my latest Vista woe s Dell Inspiron gbRAM gb HDD Core duo T GHz Vista Home Prem - auto update AvastHome Windows Defender AVGAntispyware RUBotted Threatfire Some background I have profiles on the machine Admin which is my original Admin account I've used it to install apps etc Basic which is my everyday non-admin profile that I use for just about everything New Admin files Admin can't App Admin - Permissions Problems / Install UAC, Public / access which is a new admin account I created for trouble shooting but it has the same problems that the original one has There are basic issues I'll use one particular instance as an example but it's not the only instance AND it's an intermittent issue - sometimes problem happens sometimes it doesn't Ten minutes after this instance I downloaded and installed an app and it ran fine In my Basic profile I downloaded Skype and saved the file to my Public Downloads folder I right-clicked quot run as administrator quot Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files to try and install Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files and got this error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I tried just clicking it to run it without quot run as administrator quot and got the same error I did some searching on the error and found some postings elsewhere but most were very old and in WinXP instead of Vista but I tried investigating the things mentioned in those posts - I ran the AVG scan and removal tool for the Gaelicum A virus - it didn't find anything - I checked the properties of the file and it did not say anything about coming from another computer and needing to be unblocked - I logged out of my Basic profile and logged into my Admin profile and all the same problems happened - I logged into my New Admin profile and all the same things happened In my New Admin profile I copied the file from the Public Downloads folder and tried pasting it into my New Admin's own Downloads folder and got this error Destination Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file NOTE This happened IN MY ADMIN PROFILE Click quot Continue quot and get this message User Account Control Windows needs your permission to continue If you started this action continue File Operation Microsoft Windows AD - - - - B BDB E Click quot continue quot and the installer begins It runs a while and then I get this message the dialog box says its a message from Skype but I've gotten similar messages from other software I've tried to install Cannot write the installation package on the disk Please make sue that you have the necessary disk space available There are GB available on this disk This is not a new problem so I can't think to associate it with any particular software change and so 'restoring' to an earlier time isn't helpful because it's not tied to any particular time that I can identify I haven't changed hardware AND the associated issue at least I think it's associated is that sometimes installing apps in one profile doesn't flow thru to the other profiles and I can't find any rhyme or reason to that - I've had this happen whether I install the apps while in my Admin account while in my Basic account and using quot run as administrator quot to install or whether I'm in my Admin account and using quot run as administrator quot EVEN THOUGH I'm IN MY ADMIN account because some apps seem to require that kind of thing Then the icons for that app won't show up in different profiles' start menus I can't even search for the apps - have to sometimes dig into C xx to find an executable to create a shortcut Sometimes then trying to run the app and I'm talking about something basic like maybe a PDF viewer or something like that it says I need administrator permissions to run it I'm so tired of all this Can someone please help me I'm ... Read more

A:Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files

Helloooooo??? Anybody out there?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me.

[UPDATE] incidentally, since writing this I have been able to install a couple of other small apps (but have also run into the same problem on a couple of others).

Thanks
Buck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-admin-permissions-app-install-uac-admin-cant-access-public-files-260867.html
Relevancy 52.03%

HI all I appreciate admin built hidden profile+more in as temporary loading h.premium64/32 your help and time in solving few issues i am having I have a win home premium bit sony vaio nw m I think I have got my hidden built in admin account messed somehow it has been like this for months but only now i have had the time to try and solve it When loading says this is a temporary profile everything you do will be deleted contact admin I have my own admin account which is working fine The more above is the following issues on h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more my admin account the one which is loading h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more fine I ran Vaio hardware diagnostics and found error E-LAN- On my desktop I have about files from Mac instalation iso I extracted by mistake to desktop and can't remember if it is the snow leopard but I cannot delete them comes back with msg - file no longer in that location verify location etc I tried to delete from the folder but no success I had downloaded virtual box but have now deleted all folders and uninstalled it I had ran Qemu to install it but i got a black small screen that flashed quickly and was gone So I never used it I tried to install a virtual machine but with no success have Windows virtual PC installed but was not able to load a win iso Needed some help to enter the BIOS on this machine I managed to enter once by pressing power and Assist button but can't do it again And even that does not give me advanced options on BIOS settings Thank you Rosh

A:h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more

Hi all

I managed to sort out the built in admin account problem. is now loading fine, no temp. profile.

still need help with the other issues mentioned in first post above.
thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586550/hpremium6432-built-in-hidden-admin-loading-as-temporary-profilemore/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been having a strange problem the last week or so I have an Admin account and a Guest account on my Windows PC I always use the user cursor on stuck after right profile busy startup. Admin Admin account However since a week ago I am not able to do anything on this account the cursor goes into the 'busy' mode and my laptop is effectively stuck The only thing that works is Ctrl-Alt-Del I do this and 'switch user' to my Guest account Admin user profile stuck on busy cursor right after startup. Everything works fine on the Guest account When I switch back to the admin account it is still stuck on busy cursor with nothing else being able to be done I have restarted shut down several times I have run a full scan using Avira and found nothing I have tried opening Task Manager using Ctrl-Shift-Esc to see what's going on but while the Task Manager window does show on screen it does not me anything i e the window is empty What could the problem Really grateful for any help as all my useful documents are on my admin account's documents folder and currently inaccessible Thanks

A:Admin user profile stuck on busy cursor right after startup.

Quote: Originally Posted by theroyale

I have been having a strange problem the last week or so. I have an Admin account and a Guest account on my Windows 7 PC. I always use the Admin account. However since a week ago I am not able to do anything on this account: the cursor goes into the 'busy' mode and my laptop is effectively stuck. The only thing that works is Ctrl-Alt-Del. I do this and 'switch user' to my Guest account. Everything works fine on the Guest account. When I switch back to the admin account it is still stuck on busy cursor with nothing else being able to be done.

I have restarted/shut down several times. I have run a full scan using Avira and found nothing. I have tried opening Task Manager (using Ctrl-Shift-Esc) to see what's going on, but while the Task Manager window does show on screen, it does not me anything (i.e. the window is empty).

What could the problem? Really grateful for any help as all my useful documents are on my admin account's documents folder and currently inaccessible. Thanks!

Hi theroyale,

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please check this link below which might be useful for you:

Fix a corrupted user profile

Let us know if you require further assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289863-admin-user-profile-stuck-busy-cursor-right-after-startup.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I m having several issues with my Sony Vaio Profile Lock turned Logon User Failed Admin Out...Help! Windows bit Home Premium Laptop A few days ago upon start-up I received an error message when trying to login to my Admin account My caps were not on and I was entering the correct password Error message - quot User Profile Failed Logon quot I am able to log on to a secondary user account that does not have admin authority so I m basically stuck To make matters worse I did a bunch of shutdowns restarts to see if it would fix itself and now I get quot password incorrect quot error message on Admin acct I do not User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! have any cd s for the pc due User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! to Hurricane Sandy and I don t have another laptop I went to Youtube and found a Safe Mode Registry Fix that was super easy and was going to try it but now that I am no longer receiving the quot User Profile Failed Logon quot and have subsequently locked myself out I m not sure this fix applies I ve read tons of blogs and have visited countless forums and I m afraid to cause any more damage lose access to the secondary user account or the ability to connect to the net I definitely cannot afford to have it serviced and am hoping that I can resolve these issues with your help nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I set up a user profile given I'd been using my administrator user profile all along. Now how do I copy my desktop and browser, files to my user profile? I have Windows 7 Home Office Professional on my PC

Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Dell running Vista Home Basic. There are two accounts set up. One was for a family member who is no longer with us, and I do not know the password. The other account , "Jan", did not have a password, but is now messed up so I cannot log in. When I choose "Jan" I get the following: the user profile service failed the login - user profile cannot be loaded. I read some about this on another forum and it was suggested that I go into safe mode and try to get the "real" built-in administrator account enabled. I did so, but then when I re-boot I do not get that built-in admin account as an option. Can you help further?

A:cannot login, user profile cannot load, cannot run built-in admin account

Originally Posted by Jeff Eriksen

I have a Dell running Vista Home Basic. There are two accounts set up. One was for a family member who is no longer with us, and I do not know the password. The other account , "Jan", did not have a password, but is now messed up so I cannot log in. When I choose "Jan" I get the following: the user profile service failed the login - user profile cannot be loaded. I read some about this on another forum and it was suggested that I go into safe mode and try to get the "real" built-in administrator account enabled. I did so, but then when I re-boot I do not get that built-in admin account as an option. Can you help further?

Jeff
there is a tutorial here for when the user profile fails to start. you might want to take a look. its here User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255341-cannot-login-user-profile-cannot-load-cannot-run-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Ran into an odd issue last night that I cannot fully understand. I will keep it short, but the basic jist is: I was trying to rename a local profile to [username].old so when they logged back into the domain, it rebuilt from scratch. However, even logged in as local admin to the PC, I kept getting access denied. At one point, I was getting a NTUSER error when trying to rename.

Was trying to rename through backdoor [\\[pcname]\c$, then going to doc&settings] as well as simply going to the C drive locally, no dice.

Tried rebooting twice, still no dice. This PC is in, what my job considers, a high security sec group, so maybe the GPOs being applied to the PC as it connects to the domain is tying up the local profiles?

A:[SOLVED] access denied to rename local profile, logged as admin

nm, just asked a coworker. says a reboot will usually kill anything tying up the profiles, if not, he uses a tool called LockHunter to find out what is accessing the profile and kills it from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-access-denied-to-rename-local-profile-logged-as-admin-628994.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm the only user on this laptop and my admin account to Profile/Account User admin problem (can't account) login original was called quot HybridPC quot and I disabled the windows login screen Turn computer on and goes right to desktop One day the welcome screen popped up out of nowhere and I had to login I tried disabling the login screen to where it was before and now I've screwed things up royally I cannot login to my original admin account or find it All the files are still there on my C Users HybridPC folder but I've lost the profile and user I think I messed things up further by trying to create delete other new user accounts I've attached screenshots showing my C users folder User account screen and the netplwiz exe profiles I've been adding deleting and can't get back to square one I don't see my user at all on the welcome screen Thanks for your help Top User Folder is new today and odd looking as I was attempting to fix on my own

A:User Profile/Account problem (can't login to original admin account)

Hello tytlyf, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Let's start to see if you disabled or deleted your "HybridPC" by using the tutorial below to get details about all accounts on your computer while you are logged in to your "Admin" account, then post back with them. Afterwards, we can go from there.

User Accounts - View Detailed Information About in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357762-user-profile-account-problem-cant-login-original-admin-account.html
Relevancy 46.87%

After a power failure I could not have access to my only account Ron Wolpa which was administrator DETAIL I CAN T REMEMBER THE PASSWORD I USED DURING new corrupted account.. profile Admin , created account a INSTALLATION After booting and rebooting many times I could load an empty desktop screen I remember to have read an error message stating that the info on my profile could not be found the exact words I can t remember C windows system config systemprofile desktop refers to an Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. unavailable location IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONNECT WINDOWS TO THE EVENT NOTIFICATION SERVICE THIS PROBLEM PREVENTS THE ACCESS Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. TO THE STANDARD USERS Once in the corrupt desktop none of my icons loaded nothing at all by luck I gained access to the control panel through an icon on the task bar icon tray This enabled me to create a new account named Emergency that is where I am now writing this message I wished I could repair my old administrator account and spare me the work of reconfiguring everything on my new account that has not admin privileges At the point I am without the admn password what is the best that could I do Thanks

A:Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account..

http://cdslow.webhost.ru/files/ntpwedit/ntpwed05.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/60830-admin-account-profile-corrupted-created-new-account.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP profile maybe - problems Lots malware, extension of problems and Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Ti Microsoft Corporation Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - Lots of problems - maybe malware, profile and extension problems MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GBV AAA - Lots of problems - maybe malware, profile and extension problems ABBV Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Have been using Zone alarm but may Lots of problems - maybe malware, profile and extension problems go to Comodo I use primarily Firefox and keep current with updates I try to scan my computer a desktop put together for me by a family member once a week They installed McAfee Professional but the rest is free stuff SpyBot Search and Destroy Malwarebytes Anti-Malware SUPERAntispyware Defraggler at least once a month No Script Abine and similar - all freeware Oh yes CCleaner They do not seem to interfere with each other The problems are this I have several Firefox Extensions and I think some of these are causing trouble I ran Firefox in safe mode after disabling all extensions This helped but I think there may be Profile problems too I ve had trouble getting good directions for fixing that Mozilla is crashing a lot Running in safe mode is much better but it still crashes or turns white Plus I m starting to have trouble running security scans from the programs listed above The above register a fair amount of adware That s one reason I went to No Script which seems to help a lot Just today I had trouble logging into my one Yahoo account Password didn t work And I couldn t seem to get the help from Yahoo I needed So I suspect something is in there eating too but I have no idea what it is and have not been able to find it Firefox is getting more unstable so I m trying to find out what extensions may be causing problems and if possibly the Profile needs to be looked at I really need help I do not know how to get rid of whatever HiJack finds either I have attached a log of HiJackThis Thanks Desert gold Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise engineserver exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise vstskmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mcshield exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Sp... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lots-of-problems-maybe-malware-profile-and-extension-problems.984340/
Relevancy 44.29%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 43.43%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 43.43%

For whatever reason my computer deleted my initial profile. Didn't delete any hard data, just the profile. So now a lot of the stuff (like stuff on the desktop) doesn't show on my desktop. My favorites don't work, nothing. It's a completely new profile, same access level (owner) and everything.

How do I restore my old profile? This new one uses my old name and password as well. All my files are still on my computer (i have to copy and paste it over to this new profile), it just like, reset everything.

A:XP Profile problems

Heres an article http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-5481772-2.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-profile-problems.441924/
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently had a computer problems on profile/log tech install a new profile/log on problems disk drive and also install ewido spyware software However when the computer was returned when I turned it on a message appears at the welcome screen Under quot user enviroment quot stating that quot Windows cannot load local stored profile possible cause of this error include insufficent secuirty rights or corrupt local profile If problem persists contact local administrator quot Then another message with quot user enviroment quot appears stating quot Windows cannot find local profile and is logging on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off quot I have no start to why this could be happening I plan on returning the computer and having it fixed but I was wanted to know is this a serious problem or can it be easily rectified If anyone can provide any information to solving this problem it would save so much time and hassel and also would be greatly appreciated My operating system is windows xp nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/profile-log-on-problems.501479/
Relevancy 43.43%

right, i couldn't get a screenshot so i wrote it all down.

i start my pc up, and try to log onto my account by clicking my name, and this comes up

Quote:

windows cannot load the locally stored profile. possible causes of this error include insufficcient scruity rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator

then

Quote:

windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you in on a temporary profile. any changes you make will be lost when you log off

A:profile problems

First See this[Microsoft support] and try it then you may try my solution...
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;812339

you may try to start a new account then copy all Documents,Desktop stuff to the new one then delete all the other Users,if you have a programs installed for only 1 user, Don't do that because it maybe don't run again properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/profile-problems-135080.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a problem with one particular installation of Adobe acrobat on one of my NT workstations we use it to email reports from a sales application of ours and the full version of acrobat is needed it runs fine from all of my workstations apart from one when installed as admin then logged back in as the user id the desktop icons are all missing the wallpaper is all strtched and resized no interaction with the desktop can occur printing doesn t work to good and odbc connections to sql server databases are erratic i have had to uninstall it as no other work is possible on the workstation it works fine logged in as admin i have created new profiles given the existing user profile admin rights it still causes the same problems anyone have any idea why adobe acrobat would or could cause these problems it seems totally bizarre to me and is causing me much dispair nbsp

A:acrobat 5 and nt profile problems

Have you tried installing it as that user while they have admin rights?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acrobat-5-and-nt-profile-problems.79922/
Relevancy 42.57%

(after installing sp4 on a couple of computers, we get an error message when logging on with roaming profiles.

the message we are getting is:

Windows did not load your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you logoff. Windows did not load your profile because a server copy of the profile folder already exists that does not have the correct security. Either the current user or the Administrator's group must be the owner of the folder. Contact your network administrator.

we are running a w2k ad integrated domain. all the workstations are w2k pro.

please help me! = \)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-problems-after-sp4.160475/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have 2 computers, both running XP. One is a desktop running XP Home Edition and is linked to a wireless router and a printer. The other computer is a laptop running XP Professional Edition.

Everytime i try to access the printer from my laptop through the wireless connection, it asks for a password for the guest account on the desktop. Problem is, there is no password for the guest account. On the desktop, i can't seem to enable or disable the guest account, even if i log in as administrator in safe mode.

What do i have to do to be able to access the printer wirelessly? I was able to do it before, i dont' know what happened to make me unable to do so.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92205/problems-with-guest-profile/
Relevancy 42.57%

I would appreciate Administrator & Problems XP Profile it if someone could please help me I cannot XP Administrator & Profile Problems access my Home XP not password protedted primary Administrator account not on control panel or when I login with Ctl-Alt-Del Also I am having problems with my second administrators account I can login to my second administrator account but it no longer has administrator rights and it too does not appear on the control panel I created a third account with administrator ability This profile gives me adminstrator rights but it does not give me access to all my programs I am prompted for registration numbers I tried creating a new account with administrators rights and copying the profile from my non administrator profile followed MS instructions but it did not work profile did not change Is there a way to reset adminstrator rights to a profile that exists and is not on the control panel Is there a way to create a new adminstrator copy a non administrators profile and activate all the non adminstrators programs desktop ect Thanks any ideas or suggestions will be appreciarted Ronnie nbsp

A:XP Administrator & Profile Problems

Actually the main Administrator account is called Administrator

You can enable the "Administrator" named account, on the normal welcome screen by viewing this guide

Note: All administrators should have the same rights as all other Administrator accounts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-administrator-profile-problems.108911/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am using windows xp professional just purchased and installed on a new computer about a month Profile Loading Problems ago strange things are happening sometimes at log in the screen goes to an extremely low resolution and only colours If i try to reset from desktop properties it just goes right back as soon as i click on quot ok quot to close the properties window a reboot usually solves the problem The computer sometimes refuses to load user profiles there are for me Problems Loading Profile and my roommate I get the following error messages windows was unable to load the registry this is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights event id It then says there are quot insufficient resources quot to complete the function windows cannot log on on beacuse your profile cannot be loaded check t see if you are connecte etc etc event id again it says there are insufficient resources earlier this week i had event id which said windows could not log on the user but has logged you on with the defualt profile for the system again the remark about insufficient resources I have no reason to suspect i am short of memory i have gig of ram and a good quality processor and the computer is still realtively new when these things first started to happen to my profile i deleted it in safe mode and created another one this solved the unable to load profile issue but not the screen resolution one but today it happened to my roommates profile any ideas I can post a hijack this log if it would be helpful Thanks to everybody who takes the time to read this

A:Problems Loading Profile

This is a difficult problem to narrow down. But, I've got some suggestions to "treat" the issues.First, perform a scan for malware using one of these free, online scans (just in case something has slipped by your protection):Be advised that some of these scanners will pickup things in "quarantine" from other anti-virus programs - so review the results carefully:http://housecall.trendmicro.comhttp://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner Scan Only - no removalhttp://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlhttp://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtmlhttp://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asphttp://onlinescan.avast.com/http://ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxhttp://www.eset.com/onlinescan/Next, try this free tool to cleanup your profile: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enThen, update your video driver from the website of the manufacturer of the video chipset.If you find that there is an infection, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum for more expert advice: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149899/problems-loading-profile/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ive been having endless problems with my vista Firstly I had the error message quot Your user profile was not loaded correctly You have been logged on with a temporary profile quot for a good month or so I was in the middle of exams and didn't want to risk trying to fix it myself I was advised the best option would be just to reinstall vista but I wasn't sure the best way to go about that either Now on my laptops first birthday I stopped getting this error message and started enjoying usual computing again until I started getting this message instead quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot If I complete a system restore a few times I can access my account again but after a day or so I user profile more. problems and start getting the error user profile problems and more. message again All my old files from before the error messages started appearing are under my old user folder which I can access in users I renamed it at some point during the time of the first error message I thought that because of this I could delete my main account and make my secondary account an administrator instead not sure if thats the right way to go about things as the first option the thread for this error provided was not working and now I cannot access my control panel or windows updates to tamper with user accounts Please help

A:user profile problems and more.

DO you have a current Backup to restore from? Current? Dont follow below steps untill untill you do

Have you tried either a system file check (sfc /scannow) or a repair install?

Have you created a new user with the same rights? you can always access your files.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/247322-user-profile-problems-more.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all I have just bought myself two TB drives and set them both as mirrors of each other to preserve my information in case of failure Previously I had an SSD and two TB drives the two TB drives are now in striped mode so to increase capacity to TB Since doing this I have moved the Problems??? Profile User whole My Documents folder over to the new TB storage solution and I am now having problems with my profile If I download an exe file to my desktop and try and run it the file says there is an invalid or missing temp User Profile Problems??? file also the desktop favourite shortcut listed when you download or save something isn t there nor can I save an image from snipping tool I am pretty sure this is all related to me moving files around as the computer keeps thinking my documents file is located on F but it should be on G Any help would be greatly appreciated I want to revert back to default settings and link my documents music video and pictures to my G drive

A:User Profile Problems???

Not to worry now I reinstalled windows over the weekend now it is all working again.

I guess thats the plus side to having an SSD on SATA 3, 12 minutes to install windows + updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461495/user-profile-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently bought a cruzer Profile The first time I used it I added fingerprints Username and Password Today I logged in with a fingerprint and deleted all the fingerprints thinking I would be able to use it on my MP player Now I can t log Profile problems. Cruzer Sandisk in at all or set up new fingerprints The moment I insert my cruzer profile it prompts me to run the software unlock Cruzer Profile and then it asks for a fingerprint I ve tried all ten Sandisk Cruzer Profile problems. and they all fail I can t see how it will allow you to delete all ten and then ask you for one as you try to log back in I have tried formatting it but it keeps coming up with quot Windows was unable to complete the format quot My Computer and Device Manager shows drives one shows the Profile logo Local Disk and the other one Removable Disk I can brose the Local Disk There are several files autorun CruzerLoginSetup CruzerProfile CruzerProfileHelp gdiplus dll tfm dll and movie clips I ran the CruzerLoginSetup witch installs the software and asks for a reboot after that there is no way of accessing the software without a fingerprint witch it keeps asking me If I run CruzerProfile it directly asks for my fingerprint I think I have tried just about everything There is no way that I can access the Cruzer Profile or software so that I can enter new fingerprints Has anyone had similar problems Is there any way to forcibly format the device and start from scratch Thanks nbsp

A:Sandisk Cruzer Profile problems.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45947.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisk-cruzer-profile-problems.73492/
Relevancy 42.14%

When I open user profile accounts under control panel, it only shows 6 accounts.When I open user profiles under My computer/system properties/advanced, it shows 7 profiles, one called account unknown. Interestingly the memory used (gigabytes) is exactly the same as one of the known user profiles. Is this normal?Moderaters, if this is in the wrong forum please move it to the correct one.Thanks, Fried OkraI'm using Microsoft Windows XP Home edition Version 2002 Service pak 1. Everytime I've tried to upgrade to service pak2 I've had (more) problems with my computer.EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum and merged posts ~ stevealmighty

A:User Account Profile Problems

fried okra,

This is normal, the "unknown" account is a user account that was on your machine at one time that was deleted (from user profiles in the control panel). You can simply delete the "unknown" account from My computer/system properties/advanced and regain the space it is taking up on your HD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110424/user-account-profile-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

Dear all This is my first post in this forum which I found after a quick search in Google I hope I can find an answer to my problem I ll be grateful of any help I am the PC Administrator of my family PC which is actually mine but both my mother and my sister use it The PC runs using the for Problems profile user desktop a with particular Windows XP Professional OS Recently in order to organize better the PC I created user profiles of which one is my own My own user profile is the Administrative one The other two user profiles have a limited account The problem exists in one particular user profile which on startup opens a notepad file with the following text ShellClassInfo LocalizedResourceName SystemRoot system shell dll Problems with desktop for a particular user profile - Click to expand Up to now this problem does not block any permitted user activity for the mentioned profile and apparently neither does it Problems with desktop for a particular user profile cause problems to the operation of the system However I d like help in order to remove this notepad quot notice quot and I d appreciate any help forum members can offer Moreover an error message appears everytime the user profile is logged off but unfortunately Problems with desktop for a particular user profile I cannot understand what it says because it vanishes as soon as the logoff restart shutdown process is completed I d appreciate any help in relation to these two problems Thanks beforehand Ederico nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I've been using Win8 Pro for a few weeks now and its just started to cause problems when I start up Google Chrome.

I always get this message......

"Your profile could not be opened correctly"

"some features may be unavailable. Please check your profile and that you have permission to read and write its contents"

If I close the message everything seems to work Ok but its a real pain.

Can anyone help?

A:Google Chrome - Profile Problems

This might fix your problem
How to solve Your profile could not be opened correctly issue in Google Chrome - YouTube

This is not a Windows 8 problem, this is a problem with chrome. If you google it you will see older edtion of Windows users and Linux users having the same problems. Started kind of recently I guess.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/12920-google-chrome-profile-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys,

Just did a fresh install of WinXP on a friend's computer. I setup 5 accounts for the family members but everytime I boot, it goes straight into the administrator account without giving me the option of choosing which account i want to use. How can I change this? I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanx

A:Admin problems

Does the Administrator account have a password? If it doesn't, that might be it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-problems-29750.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Im having trouble with administrator privileges as i am the admin and the only user but i cant get some games to work now especially SOE's launcher pad right now its saying i dont have enough insufficiant user privileges. I went to the .exe file and went to properties then told it to run as admin that worked for awhile but then it crashed. Im also having problems deleting old junk folders saying that i need permission.

A:admin problems

You must give yourself priviledges. If you cannot, you must take ownership first.
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...ship-file.html
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...ship-file.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107730-admin-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have tried to run as administrator many times, when I go to My Computer and hit manage I get the message that this service is either been disabled or has no enabled  devices associated with it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d6f9335-6b02-4ab3-a087-6b8e0cd989db/admin-and-other-problems?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 42.14%

hi,

hope someone out there can help me. i am experiencing problems with my XP operation system, specifically admin privledges. i have created a user account for myself as "computer admisinstrator" when i install games and attempt to play them it brings up the error message you dont have suficient admin rights. this also happens when i try to log onto windows for updates, it requests a admin account holder logs on. i am stumped as to were the problem lyes. can anyone help????? i have checked and double checked my account type and it deff is computer administator.

Anyone???

Cheers

Relevancy 42.14%

I turned off the admin on my PC but now there is no admin and I cannot access anything

Welcome to TenForums!

Originally Posted by cameroncharlton

I turned off the admin on my PC but now there is no admin and I cannot access anything

Oh dear, you should never remove or demote the last admin account or you can never install anything ever again. Fortunately there's a built-in Administrator account. It's currently disabled, but this Tutorial tell you how to enable it. Then you can log in as Administrator and make your normal account an admin again. You need Option 4 here...
Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

For security, remember to disable the built-in Administrator account after you have finished using it.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/69737-admin-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys,

I've installed a new streamlined version of XP with SP2 and everything went well. Now, I have one problem, I have created an account for the person but the computer keeps booting in as the administrator.

I gave the administrator a password and it still does it without asking me for a password. It doesn't even give me the option of selecting the other account. I've tried everything...

Please help

Start, Run, and type control userpasswords2. This will open up a control where you can adjust the user login behavior.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-problems-35102.html
Relevancy 42.14%

i cannot use task manager ive looked for solutions and they say run regedit but it has been disabled by admin i am running vista home premium so i have no gpedit i used the command prompt in adminstrator mode typed in wscript.exe reg_enable.vbs after i download it and i did the step b4 that i 4got it and it said completed and they said it should work after and it didnt now i also have an unknown USB that keeps popping up i have no idea if that has anything to do with it and i have a virus that i can get rid of but it keeps coming back called mal/generic-A i installed the newest spysweeper that i bought from bestbuy and heard that it has better ratings then norton

someone please help me much apprecieted thx

A:Admin problems please help me

Hello Craig, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You can use Method Two in the tutorial below to enable your Task Manager again.

Task Manager - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/186940-admin-problems-please-help-me.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Ok My sister really screwed up her computer somehow and ive been trying to Admin Problems fix it for a long time now The problem is that whenever she tries to log onto her administrator account it just stops and a little screen pops up in the top left hand corner but it really doesnt do anything Nothing else loads even the desktop All it shows is her backround Now i was wondering Luckily she still has a non-administrator account that i think might be of some use She can still get onto this account sometimes and maybe she would ba able to turn this account into an administrator account So if anyone knows hot to do this or how to fix the first problem please reply or send me an email at email removed to foil spambots Thanks in advance peoples EDIT Btw im a noobie so if i broke any rules keep the flaming to a minimum thanks gt gt Moderator Edit Admin Problems email removed to prevent further spambot harvesting Animal

A:Admin Problems

hey im new too, but maybe i can help you out.
have you tried to use system restore on the limited account or will it not let you?
also, what does the "little screen" say?
you cant change the non-administrator to an administrator.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77073/admin-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am the owner and sole user of my computer.

I want to install a new program.

When I try to install it, I get a message telling me the administrator does not want me to install it.

What can I do to override this and install the program I want? pogo25pogo

Welcome
Several things to try. The first thing I would try is the hidden administrator. Give that a try.
Administrator Account
The hidden adminstrator is the most powerful and the true adminstrator. Do not use on a daily basis.
You can, also, try right click on program and run as administrator. This can be done by saving to the desktop, first.
I think, however, that the true administrator will solve the problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289706-admin-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am having issues changing my files. on some actions it tells me to provide admin permission so when i do it says access is denied. i am the admin and the only account on the computer. did i not set something up right on install? has anyone dealt with this before?

A:Admin problems.

Are the files from a previous install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/140743-admin-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

It looks like HP has this 500-056 Desktop locked up tighter than a drum! I've been working all morning to be able to use sfc /scannow; however, so far, I haven't been successful.

When I try to "Manage" my computer, nothing will happen. I have myself set up as Admin, but I still don't seem to be able to perform Admin things.

I'm at my wits' end.

If you can download this batch file, it runs sfc & dism & sfc again.

Unblock it if needed.{right click/Properties/Unblock}

Right click it & click Run as administrator.

Repair.bat

If you can't run it as Administrator, create a desktop shortcut & in Advanced Properties check the box to run the shortcut as administrator.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42890-admin-problems.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello all I am new here and have joined out of total desperation My laptop started slowing down and freezing so I just said the heck with this and powered it down and went home at home I started it up and waited a long time after a few tries my heart stopped as I saw an error about not being able to find BOOT BCE or something long story short I thought the HDD had failed startup, problems profile and (oh Drive, my!) Hard but it didn't sound like it so I took it to Radio Shack and he suggested that maybe a virus got on it and messed it up and that I try Hirens boot disc and the vista recovery disc using Mini XP on the boot disc I discovered that all of my Hard Drive, startup, and profile problems (oh my!) files are intact I then proceeded to download a restore Hard Drive, startup, and profile problems (oh my!) disc for vista on another computer and I used the repair option it took forever in between options and screens but I eventually fixed it so that it would boot up successfully I then tried to log in and got this The user profile service service failed the login User profile cannot be loaded it then logged me off and shut the computer down I researched this and discovered that it might be a problem with the registries regulating this probably another victim of the virus I then used regedit in mini XP to try to change it but from what I deduced I cant no problem I did some more research and discovered that I could try it in safe mode since the only account on it has admin privileges so I start up in safe mode and get logged in now I am stuck at a blank screen with the build and SP at the top and quot safe mode quot in the corners ctrl alt del brings up the options and I can get into task manager but I can't do anything else I have a feeling that the virus is undoing what I have done faster that I can re-do it so now I am stuck what do I do

A:Hard Drive, startup, and profile problems (oh my!)

Just an update, it would no longer boot to the login screen, so I tried running the repair option again and got this error code for system files integrity check + repair

error code = 0x45d

as a said, this virus is messing things up faster than I can fix them, the computer now stalls at the green loading bar with (c) Microsoft Corporation underneath.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283621-hard-drive-startup-profile-problems-oh-my.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello TSF users I am currently experiencing major problems with roaming profiles on client machines connected to a Problems Boot XP Profile Dual / Roaming Mac OS Dual Boot / XP Roaming Profile Problems X server Roaming profiles and temporary profiles are not an issue and do not occur on the Mac side on the client machines the problem resides entirely on the XP side for some students connecting to the server I'd say the ratio of people experiencing the problems to who aren't is roughly working experiencing the problems The problem in depth is a user will choose the Windows option when the dual boot screen appears when they power on the Mac When the user logs in an error message will appear along the lines of 'Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off quot Some of the students also seem to get an error message when they log off along the lines of quot Cannot copy file C Documents Name of document which can not be copied quot I've looked in Workgroup Manager on the Mac OS X Server and it shows that there is no windows path for ALL accounts even the students who log on successfully who encounter no problems with saving work temporary profile's roaming profiles which makes no sense whatsoever I'd greatly appreciate anyone shedding any light on my situation as I work as an IT technician in a school and this problem has been floating around for months Thanks Also there doesn't seem to be any home folders created for ANY of the students Which again makes no sense because a good of them can log on save work and retrieve it next time they log in

Relevancy 41.71%

My desktop has XP Media Center SP3.

When I set up the machine (years ago now!) the (two) user profiles were configured so that, when logging-in, NUM LOCK was ON and CAPS LOCK was OFF. How I did this, I've long forgotten :-( Can anyone remind me how please?

Although this still is the case at login, it has become noticeable recently that - if the system goes into stand-by or sleep mode - when it comes back to life then now CAPS LOCK is ON and NUM LOCK is OFF, so it has to be changed manually <grr>. Any suggestions as to why this may now happen and where to look for the cause of the problem?

Relevancy 41.71%

after logging in,I keep getting a sporadic,more frequent message that states

"windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop" is not found or something to that effect
a black screen background accompanies it

I recall seeing a fix on this a sometime long ago and wondering who can help resolve this problem

For some reason, I was able to boot up and get a normal appearing desktop and I don't want to risk losing this again so now I'm on permanent hibernate/sleep mode till I can find a solution,so I can't remember the complete quote.

dell vostro vista basic

jt

Relevancy 41.71%

I have four user profiles on a Windows Xp system with DSL service. Recently IE stopped working on 3 of the 4 profiles. On 3 of the profiles IE will open however it never gets to the default web page, it has the hour glass going. On the 4th profile the web pages come up immediately. I have checked settings and all seem to be the same, any suggestions on what might be causing this?

A:Windows XP User Profile Problems with Explorer

To keep the Internet connection hot for multiple users do the following:

Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
Then right-click the right-hand pane, select New/String Value. Name the value KeepRasConnections and set it to 1.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-user-profile-problems-with-explorer.109407/
Relevancy 41.71%

I m working on a Dell Optiplex desktop Just reimaged the machine so it has a clean new install of Vista Business on it I only need local user profiles on this machine and already had them set up and everything just as I wanted then I installed Vista SP After installing the SP I wasn t after SP1 Profile install Vista User Problems able to login as a local user Actually wasn t able to login at all until I restarted in quot User Profile Problems after Vista SP1 install Safe mode with networking quot and made it a member of our User Profile Problems after Vista SP1 install domain I was then able to login only as Administrator I ve finally User Profile Problems after Vista SP1 install been able to set up user accounts that will let me log in but I cannot get these set up correctly Cannot login without putting the local machine name in before the user login name i e - johnny Normally I should be able to simply type in the user name and password but that isn t working any more The user profiles will not hold any changes I make to their settings such as changing it to Classic View Showing the Log off on the start button and things like that So I am needing help in getting a local user account set back up on this machine to where he will be able to login normally and where all of his settings will hold nbsp

A:User Profile Problems after Vista SP1 install

In addition to these problems:
I had to join this computer to a domain in order to login as Administrator. This PC is going to the field when I get it fixed and I will want to take it out of the domain and just make it a member of a Workgroup. When I did this before, it lost all of the profile settings. Not a huge deal to re-do all of that, as long as it will then keep the settings after removing it from the domain. I just want to be able to send it to the field without it being a member of our domain and only show the specific login name I set up (plus Administrator of course).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problems-after-vista-sp1-install.950342/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello everyone I believe i have broken windows user accounts A few months ago i got bored of the constant UAC popups and decided to activate the Built-in Admin account and use it as my main account I deleted my other account as i am the only user on this pc Recently i was getting annoyed that the Built-in problems Admin account admin account cannot use certain apps photo etc So i decided Admin account problems that i could put up with the annoying UAC and decided to switch back to a standard admin account At first i created a Standard account and it worked great for the apps but i could Admin account problems not install apps or save to certain folders C So i upgraded it to Admin in the setting accounts using the built in Admin Now i had full admin rights but i could not use the apps again It seems i can either be Standard user or Built in Admin but not the original Standard with Admin privileges Does anyone know other than a reinstall how i can get back or create a new Admin account that can use all apps and have complete control of the PC i am ok with the UAC Thanks for any advice

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/39789-admin-account-problems.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently purchased a new laptop. It was set up in the store, where they created a local account, with my name misspelt. I switched to a Microsoft account, for ease of use. However, I am now encountering some permissions problems. I am unable to delete some folders, because of inadequate permissions, and when I tried to replace the multiple user lock screen picture
it said that I required permission from my misspelt local account. How can I either transfer all permissions to my Microsoft account?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/73332-having-problems-permissions-although-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm trying to install a program that has an updated patch. When I go to install the update I get an error message saying "program name (x86)...you don't have permission to save in this location contact your administrator to obtain permission.

How do I get around this block. I did go into the admin setting nad played around with them but that didn't do anything. This is my computer and this account is the only one on there and it says Richard (me) is the admin so I should be able to put stuff where ever the **** I want. I am so sick of Windows 7 this is the worst version of windows yet. Can't we go back to MS Dos.

A:Admin problems in windows 7

Try right clicking on the patch file and click run as administrator.
See if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-problems-in-windows-7.993634/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have an HP Pavilion e running XP and IE and here's my problem My wife and I returned from our deployment to Problems Viruses and Cause Admin IE Iraq and turned on Viruses Cause IE and Admin Problems our computer After about hours we realized our internet security suite had expired We immediately got multiple viruses and it's the first time anything like this has happened to us Hopefully based on the subsequent headaches it has caused it won't happen again Our computer was basically useless until we did Mcafee's remote virus removal Now the viruses seem to be gone but our problems from the fallout are not We've worked with HP online support but everything isn't fixed yet The main things I noticed during the virus infection were It wouldn't connect to websites It says Website found-waiting for reply but always times out and doesn't actually connect --Oddly enough the only website I was ever able to open was my army email site which is a secure https website Desktop options could not be accessed due to restrictions Right clicking on the desktop directed the user to contact the administrator Numerous popup ads and spam emails being sent without our knowledge Slow PC performance After Mcafee removed the viruses and infected files HP customer service said the remaining problems s and were likely caused by a corrupt XP user account or corrupt files within IE I did as they said and created a new XP user account which fixed problem but I'm still unable to open any webpages I CAN open websites without any problems when operating in safe mode however outside safe mode no luck gt I've turned off all virus security software in normal mode but still no luck I've also used the reset feature for IE with no luck I've spent about eight hours on this issue today both on the phone and on the PC and would be thrilled if anyone can provide insight into a possible source of my problems I feel like the fact that I can still open webpages in safe mode but not in normal mode is a big clue to the problem but I know little about computers so who knows Is there anyone out there that can help me and my wife our productivity has grown to a screeching halt gt Thanks in advance for any help T D

A:Viruses Cause IE and Admin Problems

Hello and Welcome to TSF

It sounds as if your still infected, Look over the First Steps at Removing Malware

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/viruses-cause-ie-and-admin-problems-208874.html
Relevancy 41.71%

i was struggling to get a program to load and run so i followed these instructions to get the admin account up

How to activate the Hidden Vista Administrator. /Active:Yes_

now i have my acccount and the admin account and it will not let me change my account to the admin account

is there any way i can get rid of the new administrator acccount and give my exsisting account the same access

thanks for any help

A:admin account problems

Short answer - no.

You cant remove the built in account. However you can rename it to what you want. If you have an advanced version of vista you can also change the local security policy to elevate without prompting on all admins which will make every admin the same as the built in account.

You can hide, rename and change the password and the picture to the account but remove it...no. Sorry

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/220233-admin-account-problems.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok, I'll try to ask this in a way anyone can understand cause it's pretty strange.

When I'm logged in to my computer, I cannot access anything. Like I'm restricted by the Administrator account. So, first thing is I log in as administrator in safe mode and the same thing happens. Wont let me change the accounts or anything.

I just need an answer because its driving me crazy.

Thank you

A:Having admin. account problems

did you ever get your problem fixed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-admin-account-problems.631625/
Relevancy 41.71%

My problem is that I am unable to allow certain programs to run as administrator. I have already tried some of the simple solutions like disabling UAC, but when I do the (right click -> properties -> computability tab) option to enable it to run as administrator, the box and text are grayed out, as if I dont have the authority to do that. But I am the only user of the computer and there is only one account used. So my problem is, how can I get my PC to give me my admin powers, since apparently I am unable to do certian functions on my computer.

Relevancy 41.71%

I am currently home from school trying to fix my parents computer when trying to access the task manager it says this featured is disabled by an admin even though this is the only admin user on the computer The computer also sometimes randomly will not start up and just rests at a black screen Here is the log any help will be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS Hijack problems admin log system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Hijack log admin problems WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe Hijack log admin problems C WINDOWS system brss a exe C Program Files Quicken Online Backup AgentSrv EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g svc exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g comm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g pre exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g tray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files XemiComputers Active Desktop Calendar ADC exe C Program Files Online Backup OnlineBackup exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Quicken Online Backup CBSysTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe C Documents and Settings Administrator DAVID- EE E D My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search live com sphome aspx R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search live com sphome aspx R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run PRONoMgrWired C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O ... Read more

A:Hijack log admin problems

any clue anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-log-admin-problems.942420/
Relevancy 41.28%

I Message Control and User Solved: Problems Profile think I have multiple problems going on here and am not sure if it is Solved: User Profile and Control Message Problems Vista specific or if I need to move this over to the Security threads About two weeks ago I tried to log on to my user profile and received the following message Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the User Profile Service THis problem prevents limited users from logging on the the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond Click to expand I rebooted the computer was able to log in normally and ran AVG virus scan and uncovered no problems Today the same error occurred I received the exact same message as above I rebooted the computer logged in to my user profile and went to click to Open up AVG The following message appeared C Program Files AVG AVG PC TuneUp Integrator exe The service cannot accept control messages at this time Click to expand I clicked My Computer to view the system properties and Explorer said it has to be restarted When it restarted I am now looking at the old Windows Start Panel design and it is running extremely slow I downloaded the TSG SysInfo as requested and got the following Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Processor Processor Count RAM Graphics Card Hard Drives Motherboard Antivirus NoneClick to expand Eventually I got around to the System Properties screen and can tell you that It is Windows Vista -bit Home Premium with Service Pack The processor and RAM are listed as unavailable I cannot access the system event log otherwise I would post it I will try to reboot computer again and see if it will let me view it Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is way bigger than any problem I ve every encountered before I m not sure if this is one problem or multiple problems and have no clue how to start diagnosing it nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I turned my computer on on Saturday problems Vista and desktop, user profile network and found half my desktop icons Vista desktop, user profile and network problems missing my quick launch icons missing and the connected to the internet icon missing from my screen I am still able to connect to the internet although i have no access to my network settings now either when i go to network and sharing center it tells me 'server execution failed' i tried a fix i found on a Vista desktop, user profile and network problems website going into command prompt and typing quot net localgroup quot Administrators quot quot NT Authority Local Service quot add quot this didn't work Also when i opened Firefox to browse the web all my bookmarks and tool bars were missing I found the missing desktop icons in a user profile folder the profile i had actually logged on under the profile it seemed to be showing on my desktop was the public profile as the only icons in that profile desktop folder were the ones showing So after messing with it for a bit and getting no-where and the network and sharing center freezing up on me i go to task manager and shut down the network and sharing center click on the Firefox icon to go on the web and everything is back tool bars bookmarks all my original settings even my quick launch icons are back I still cant access my network tho even tho i can connect to the internet Also while all this was happening i kept getting an error popping up on my screen when certain programs were trying to run these errors revolved around NPAapi dll So now all is running quot smooth quot things seem to be where they should be Vista desktop, user profile and network problems i go to my comp today and its back to how it was Saturday i repeated what i did Saturday and now its back to normal but i still cant access the network I have run PC tools anti spy-ware software AVG anti virus software and am currently running malwarebytes anti malware software but so far nothing has been picked up as malicious by any of these Has anyone here ever had any of these issues with Vista and can anyone help me i really dont wanna have to go back to the factory settings if i can help it im running vista home premium on a HP a n PC with gigs of ram thanks in advance any help will be greatly appreciated y aj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/257437-vista-desktop-user-profile-network-problems.html
Relevancy 41.28%

hello im expericancing a problem with my internet i dont know why so Inside Problems Solved: Internet [hijack] Profile here Solved: Internet Problems [hijack] Profile Inside is my hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system oodag exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Phrank Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO IEPlugin Class - CF C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C Program Files Advanced System Optimizer IEHelper dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKCU Run Norton SystemWorks quot C Program Files Norton SystemWorks cfgwiz exe quot GUID CFD- CC - ceb-AAAF-CF BF A MODE CfgWiz O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button RealGuide - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dll O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - Extra Tools menuitem amp FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messen... Read more

Relevancy 41.28%

I have Windows Vista Ultimate, and among dozens of other bugs, it does not allow full administrator privileges, I can install some software but not others, and there are some I need to install. I am sure that I am the administrator because there is only one account, and I also checked in control panel. I don't want a windows hack like changing the .msi file, or some commmand prompt trick, just some other advice if it is possible

A:Vista Ultimate Admin problems

There are two levels of administrator. Normal and elevated privileges. Try right clicking on the install icon and select "run as Administrator".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-admin-problems-221047.html
Relevancy 41.28%

HI i rececently got a new system with windows 7,
i'm having a lot of problems with installing some programs and stuff with it saying i need admin rights,
i am admin its my system i'm the only one who uses it i'm the only one who has access to it,
will someone please explain in extremely simple terms how the hell i can stop windows constantly asking me for admin rights,
i've never had this propblem with any other version of windows.

A:Windows 7 Admin Permission problems

Right click the installer and select Run as administrator.

To put it simply, you are an administrator, not THE administrator.

Your Windows 7 system is THE administrator. You can get round the nag prompt or error by disabling UAC but this isn't advisable unless you are confident in what you do.

HTH.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/163289-windows-7-admin-permission-problems.html
Relevancy 41.28%

On my grandmas computer, I created an admin account so my cousin couldnt get on myspace. Somehow my uncle accidentally changed the admin account to a standard user and now there are 2 standard user accounts and no admin account. So wenever we try 2 install a program or change ne settings, it wont even let me run the windows intallation disk so i can reset it. now the only thing i can think 2 do is get a new harddrive. does ne1 no how to fix this problem?

A:Vista Admin Password Problems

Just to let you know up front, we don't help with recovering passwords.

That being said, I'd suggest getting a copy of the restore DVD's for your system from the system manufacturer.
Backup all your stuff before using the disk, as it'll wipe the system clean when it reinstalls Windows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201491/vista-admin-password-problems/
Relevancy 41.28%

Okay so I have a problem but you've probably guessed that Anytime I turn my computer on and try to log onto my administrator account the one I normally use it loads and then it shows my background goes black shows my background goes black and it repeats It Screen/Admin Blinking Problems. never shows any icons toolbars and I can't click anywhere It won't even let me open the Task manager The only way I can make it stop is to turn off the computer completely I can still access the standard user account So I've been trying to find out if I can change the standard user to admin without access to the admin account I haven't been able to do this The only problem with the standard user is when I try to go to control panel to go to user accounts it won't let me access it I have a feeling this is the wrong doing of a virus But I can't access my antivirus from the standard user because for some reason all of the Blinking Screen/Admin Problems. icons from the standard user are gone and some things just won't open Regardless I don't think I could scan the admin account from standard user anyways I don't know what to do from here So if any of you have any idea how to change a standard user to admin without access to the admin get rid of this virus find a way to stop the blinking long enough for me to access the admin or any other solution to these problems you have I would love to hear them Chicago Sinner

A:Blinking Screen/Admin Problems.

have you tried from safe mode? typically, if it is a virus, they're disabled in safe mode, allowing you to get rid of it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blinking-screen-admin-problems-469040.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Not ready for prime time :)

Maybe by final release they will have the Office 365 connectivity thing sorted out.
But for now, NEVER use an Office365 email account as your Windows 8 sign in as I did :(

An Office 365 account has this domain characteristic....you[at]you.onmicrosoft.com.
When trying to log-in as the domain administrator you are always greeted with this...
So I set up a couple temporary Local Accounts and was able to log in successfully.

An aside...
When you delete an account, it leaves a 5 empty folder remnant which cannot be deleted.
It takes up 0 bytes, but it still 'bugs' me....sheesh.

Oh well
Windunce

A:Office 365 Admin Domain problems

Did you try running Command Prompt as administrator and do a recursive delete on the folder? I don't know if that will work but that's how I got rid of the Windows.Old folder that many struggled deleting.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10260-office-365-admin-domain-problems.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I was wondering if anyone out there could help with my problem:
I've recently installed Joomla, things look okay except for this...
when i log into as super administrator I cannot gain access to
areas such as user manager. If anyone can help with this it
would be greatly appreciated.

A:Joomla - Super admin problems

I was using Joomla for a school project a month or two ago and had some problems with it.

To trouble shoot have a look down here and see if there are any of the same scenarios

[LIST = 1]
[*]Site stored on a network drive that is mapped from different computers
[*]Site is "local"
[*]Using Xampp or windows equivalent
[*]Moving the site around a lot.
[*]Check that the Super Admin isn't logged in at the front end of the site.
[/LIST]

I had a couple of problems with these and so did my teacher when he tried to mark it.

Scenarios 1,2 and 3 were solved generally by restarting my computer and logging back in. Joomla seems to do something funny when I used it for the first time. Try also restarting Xampp if you have it. If this doesn't work try a combo of the two.

Scenarios 4. If you are moving the site from one location to another it will generally blow up. Not much to do but not move it.

Scenarios 5. Log out from the front end. The problem is probably a safety precaution against changing your own rights while still logged on.

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/joomla-super-admin-problems.756798/