Windows Support Forum

windows explore menu expansion problems

Q: windows explore menu expansion problems

In Windows explorer I use the two pane view with details no graphics The problem happens when I menu problems windows explore expansion am expanding files trying to locate some thing When the right pane is full in other words there is more information above and below the pane and I click on the file I want to expand instead of the menu dropping down from where my cursor is positioned and staying there every thing jumps up to the top of the pane and on my system it starts with quot Desktop quot So I have to grab the slide bar and scroll down to the file I expanded and go from there I never had this problem when running XP I tried a search and went through about windows explore menu expansion problems pages of post but no body seems to have had this problem yet I'm getting really tired of it Any ideas And thank you so much for all the help that happens on this site Darcy

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows explore menu expansion problems

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows explore menu expansion problems

Can you post a screen cap demonstrating the behavior you get and then explain what you would prefer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/156127-windows-explore-menu-expansion-problems.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Happy New Year!

I do hope somebody can figure out my Explore Menu & File/Desktop Problems.
I recently upgraded my Win-ME OS to XP (Upgrade Version). Now, everytime I go to Explore and click on File in the File Menu or select folders / items to copy or move, the computer completely freezes. The same thing happens when I want to refresh my desktop (i.e., Arrange Icons).

Sometimes I do not have to reboot the PC to get out of Explore, as a Ctrl-Alt-Del, then End Task will usually take care of the problem. However, That is not the same picture you get with the Desktop problem

Any help, will be greatly appreciated.

HAPPY 2006!
Steve

A:Explore Menu & File / Desktop Problems after XP Upgrade

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, did you have all the minumum requirements for XP upgrade:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/sysreqs.mspx

Although that's the Pro version, the Home version will be very similar. If you did, then just to rul out anything 'lurking' in the background, lets take a look at a log. go to http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip , and download 'Hijack This!'.
Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show other issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explore-menu-file-desktop-problems-after-xp-upgrade.428161/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello every I am having problems with the sims I have yesterday installed the sims with all expansion packs on to it I have a Windows pc it with 2 windows the my (main expansion Having 18 all on pc 7 packa) + problems sims is a Dell Inspiron it has i core processer I have started playing the sims and I have noticed that even though it works I can not do some things such as when I went into boolProp and tried to have my Sim abducted by aliens it did not work and also tried to get my sim to order a service that did not work also I have searched on google Having problems with the sims 2 (main + all 18 expansion packa) on my windows 7 pc already and there is some reported compatibility problems with the sims I tried to run it in windows XP compatibility mode like suggested but that did not work so I got windows to try and find a answer to the problem but it said the sims launcher is out of date has any body got a straightforward answer to how I can get the sims working perfect on my laptop Thanks Jake nbsp

A:Having problems with the sims 2 (main + all 18 expansion packa) on my windows 7 pc

Please refrain from posting in other peoples thread. If you don't get a response after 24 hours of the initial post, just post in this one and your thread will go to the top of the list.

What do you meant by going to boolProp and are you using this to get your Sim to order something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-the-sims-2-main-all-18-expansion-packa-on-my-windows-7-pc.1075109/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I m new here If I ve made any mistakes feel free to say I got my hands on an year old HP laptop with XP Home SP It had a lot of infections I used Spybot and AVG They found a lot of stuff Now they don t find anything even in safe mode But the problems still remain I cant turn on the quot show hidden files quot folder option I select it I press OK and then it turns back off So I cant see hidden files When I select C from My Computer I get the quot select program from think) (I Explore Problems Windows with a list quot menu I can open it only with right click ---- explore When I try to open a new folder it opens to a new window even though the option is to open in the same window I used Hijack From a guide I found I saw that a herss exe was harmful so I stopped the pocess fom msconfig but I cant find the file to delete it Problems with Windows Explore (I think) I cant see hidden files as I said Now it doesnt appear on HiJack Logs This is the log as it appears nowCODELogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC Problems with Windows Explore (I think) WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files HPQ IAM bin asghost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files HPQ HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SAGEM CONN-X SAGEM Fast dslmon exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exeC Program Files HPQ Shared hpqwmi exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Documents and Settings user HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO HP Credential Manager for ProtectTools - DF F DB- C - D - -B D EC - C Program Files HPQ IAM Bin ItIeAddIN dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run PTHOSTTR C Program Files HPQ HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXE StartO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exeO - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe StartO - HKLM Run Upda... Read more

A:Problems with Windows Explore (I think)

Hi,My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log. I apologize for the delay.If you still require assistance we would like to see the current condition of your system so please post a new set of DDS Logs as well as a GMER log and a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.If for any reason you did not post a DDS log or GMER log please refer to this page and in step #6 and Step #7 and Step #8 for further instructions on downloading and running DDS & GMER. If you have any problems when running the tools or unable to produce a report for any reason, just let me know in your next reply.For your next reply I would like to see:-The DDS logs---DDS.txt and Attach logs-GMER log-Description of any remaining problems you may still have.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306573/problems-with-windows-explore-i-think/
Relevancy 58.91%

Still working on my friends computer and he has asked a favor of me to which I do not know the answer.

Under the "Tools" menu in Internet Explorer it seems that some programs can become embedded there. For privacy purposes he wants to remove them from this list. The problem is we have tried to remove them by going through View" then "Tools" and then "Customize". The thing is, they are not even there.

The programs we're trying to remove are ICQ and Yahoo Messenger. I have no idea why they are there and we can't figure out how to get them out of that menu.

Any ideas?

Thanks.....

A:Internet Explore- Tools Menu

Browser Extension Manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explore-tools-menu.205779/
Relevancy 58.05%

When I right click the start menu I get a list of options, one of which is Explore, how do I change the properties of this? Right clicking it has the same effect as left clicking it.

Relevancy 57.62%

In Win XP (and other "modern" versions of Windows), if you pull up the the Start menu and then right-click on an entry, you get several options, one of which is "Explore", which should open an Explorer window on that part of the file system.

I'm just getting into Win XP and after installing various programs and Microsoft updates, I'm finding that the Explore option no longer works (it doesn't do anything). Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks...

-- jeff

A:Win XP right click on start menu, Explore doesn't work

Try right clicking on the start button itself..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-right-click-on-start-menu-explore-doesnt-work.164573/
Relevancy 57.62%

hey guys

first of all I want to wish any of you a merry christmas and a happy new year, may luck be brought to you for the year 2011 (and all the years that might follow).

Anyway, what I was wondering is if there is any possibility to add the "Explore"-function when browsing the menu that is popping-up when clicking on your CD/DVD/BluRay-ROM station. Something like in the good old Windows XP, because I'm missing that function alot. I do now have a shortcut on my desktop which is pointed to D:\ (my DVD rom station), but it would be alot more handsome if it was just added onto the "right mouse click-menu". Is there any option or ability to do this?

EDIT: screenshot of what I mean

thanks alot

A:My Computer right mouse click menu - explore function

You don't have Open in new window option... ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/133297-my-computer-right-mouse-click-menu-explore-function.html
Relevancy 57.62%

HOW DO I REMOVE RIGHT CLICK EXPLORE BUTTON ON START MENU??? i need this done because people use my pc and use that to get around my locks i have on the files

A:Remove Right Click Explore Button On Start Menu

This article will disable the context menu: http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/...602/13602.html

Back up the registry before doing as I have not personally tried these steps.
Hope it helps.
BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-right-click-explore-button-on-start-menu-88290.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there I seem to have an odd problem which is certainly not very important but just a bit annoying For some time now it used to work in the beginning I had my computer I can t get the Right-Click Explore to work on the start menu items I use Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack on a lenovo T laptopIt works fine on the quot Start quot button as well as on the quot All Programs quot button in the start menu But if I go one more step like pointing on quot All Programs quot and then on quot Accessories quot when I right-click on it I get the following context menu -----OpenOpen All UsersExploreExplore All Users--------------------DeleteRename--------------------Sort by NamesProperties -----none of the first entries will work just nothing happens when the others do work fine As I said this is not very important and I live with it since quite a while but if I just could fix on start "Right-Click/Explore" items doesn't menu work it that would be great Any suggestion Thanks in advance for any help Tohan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176125/right-clickexplore-on-start-menu-items-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently decided to upgrade the memory on my P EliteBook After reading through required RAM specs I bought one of these http www ebuyer com -kingston- gb- mhz- -pin-cl -ddr -sodimm-non-ecc-unbuffered- - v-me nbsp Once the new RAM is installed in the expansion slot Windows fails to boot and just hangs at the Starting Windows screen I then attempted a memory test using the BIOS system diagnostic tool but the laptop either hangs at around I left it there for almost two hours restarts or shuts down altogether I thought I'd give the system repair tool a try but that also just caused the laptop to restart Interestingly enough when I check the System Information tab in system diagnostics 8440P Problems RAM Expansion HP both RAM sticks are detected with all information present and correct nbsp I contacted eBuyer they sent a HP 8440P Expansion RAM Problems replacement out but I'm having the same problem again So I HP 8440P Expansion RAM Problems thought I'd try installing the new RAM in the internal slot instead under the keyboard but now I get a BSOD during the Starting Windows screen giving me the error code IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL nbsp I've been reading up on a few tech forums One of them suggested running something called Memtest on startup via CD which I did try but the laptop just restarts itself during the first pass of the memory test and obviously just loops over and over until I remove the CD nbsp I'm beginning to lose all hope Any help tips suggestions would greatly appreciated nbsp

A:HP 8440P Expansion RAM Problems

Hi, Please use the following part number:     http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=599092-001 You can order from there. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-8440P-Expansion-RAM-Problems/td-p/5646221
Relevancy 52.89%

hi guys,

i have a clone box...horrible thing!!! it had a power supply that blew...and i replaced the power supply
then it was freezing after a few minutes of operation...truly freezing clock didnt change

i narrowed it down to the front usb ports...in fact none of the usb seemed to work...and yes...i did check in the bios
and everything was enabled except legacy usb...but this didnt make a difference
as soon as i plugged usb in it froze

so i disabled USB and added a pci usb expansion card
now im getting unknown device usb errors and the big black usb icon in the task bar.

is the card still using aspects of the on board usb...or is it totally seperate...?
do you think the card is gone too?

any suggestions...please

Relevancy 52.89%

I have Sims 2 and several of the extensions packs. (All purchased) I have never had any problems with my system or running the game. I recently loaded the new business expansion pack and lost all of my saved families, homes, etc.(three years worth) . Does this always happen? I have Sims University and Nightlife and I don't remember losing all of my stuff....

A:Sims 2 Expansion Problems

I've had some problems installing expansion packs with Sims 2 as well. Try to find the folder containing the saved games and see if yours are still there. If they are, copy them to your desktop and try installing the games and expansions. Then copy your savegames back into the right place, and see if the game recognizes them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-expansion-problems.470307/
Relevancy 52.89%

its not working . i put it into my pci slot, hook up the ide cable with hard drive. my bios can't detect it, but before windows loads up the card display a seperate screen show that it detected the harddrive. though when i enter windows or into my bios it can't detect the ide harddrive. Any solutions?

Relevancy 52.03%

Well I have been editing a scenario first made by some friends. I've edited with some new things and for some reason the game won't start. It keeps closing the program and this always happens only to this scenario. The previous versions are unaffected, when you play them, they dont close the program. But if I try the new version, it always shuts down and affects every player(I wasnt even in one of the games they were testing). Any clues to what might be the problem?

A:AOE The Conquerers Expansion Patch 1.0c Scenario Problems

moved to the gaming forum, probably get a few more hits here.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aoe-the-conquerers-expansion-patch-1-0c-scenario-problems.971521/
Relevancy 52.03%

My friend runs causing problems 9 card with PCI printers! expansion USB his own CD duplicating business and to print onto the CDs USB expansion PCI card causing problems with 9 printers! he has CD printers x Epson R x R Originally he had of each all connected to his front panel and rear USB and it worked USB expansion PCI card causing problems with 9 printers! fine In order to connect the new R s he bought a PCI expansion card http www scan co uk Products Scan- -Port-PCI-USB -Card-NEC-Chipset-PC-MAC-OSX-Compatible-Hi-End This worked but was a bit troublesome it USB expansion PCI card causing problems with 9 printers! kept giving various errors He tested the PCI expansion card by plugging in his external CD Drive and it could only burn at x When he had all printers plugged in he changed one from being plugged in to the expansion card and connected it to the rear mobo USB and the power cut out Since then he s had various problems with the printers and wants me to format his PC and install everything from scratch He s tried reinstalling the printers I can give a detailed list of the problems if needed He s got a custom built PC with he thinks a Tagan PSU thats W So it shouldn t be a power thing as USB doesn t draw much does it V His mobo is a Abit IC G Can get any more info thats needed Basically I m hoping you guys of much knowledge can help me out with these questions - Do PCI expansion cards work as well as onboard USB Should he have got a branded card e g http www scan co uk Products Belkin-Hi-Speed-USB - -Port-PCI-Card- F U VEA - Is this the best setup for using this many printers Should he have a nd PC with of them plugged in or even something fancy like a print server not sure how they would accomodate printers Any tips or suggestions would be really needed Thanks for reading Dan Gent nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

my computer meets all requirements for sims 2 and i have actually played it a couple of time but it keeps freezing when i try to load a neighboorhood. The nightlife expansion stops at 68% i really don't understand this problem Also i should mention when sims 2 crashes the whole system goes down clt+alt+del won't even work please help me

A:SIMS 2 and EXPANSION PACKS LAPTOP PROBLEMS

torreya said:

my computer meets all requirements for sims 2 and i have actually played it a couple of time but it keeps freezing when i try to load a neighboorhood. The nightlife expansion stops at 68% i really don't understand this problem Also i should mention when sims 2 crashes the whole system goes down clt+alt+del won't even work please help meClick to expand...

Since this hasn't been addressed already, I guess I'll try to help . First off, what are your laptop's specs? The requirements to run the base game and the requirements to run the EPs are different, moreover, they are both set ridiculously low so most systems may be able to "run" the games but not run them well.

Officially, straight from the box and the official Sims 2 site, the requirments for the Sims 2 as cited on by EA games are found here and the requirments for Nightlife are found here (note that these are the "minimum" requirements.)

In reality, what you need is more than that. For the base game, it is recommended that you have a 1.5 GHz processor, 512MB of RAM (if you have a processor better than 1.5 GHz you could probably get away with running it at 256MB of RAM), and definitely more than 32MB video card (like the official requirements state) double that should do it but 128MB should run it smoothly. If your running on Vista, you need even more than these recommendations, though.

For expansion packs, you should have like 2.0 or 2.5 GHz processor (something in that area) and about 256MB on your video card, also a newer, more efficient video card is recommend but not highly since the games don't exactly rely heavily on the video card like most other games do. No, what you need is loads of RAM and a good CPU. As for RAM, for EPs, 1 GB should really run the game well. Make sure to update your drivers as well to get the best of your video card.

Well, that should give you a general idea of what it takes to run the Sims 2 and any other games in the Sims 2 series. If your current computer doesn't meet these recommended specifications, you can expect that kind of poor performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-and-expansion-packs-laptop-problems.578766/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey We re having quite the problems with the MOHAA expansion pack Spearhead Now the actual game Allied Assault played perfectly with no problems whatsoever but heres the thing with Spearhead - it downloaded great and starts - Spearhead Expansion Medal HELP!! Problems Of Honor up just fine but when in game play it is really slow and even pauses every so often - so its virtually impossible to play Medal Of Honor Spearhead Expansion Problems - HELP!! considering you re being shot and there is nothing that can be done because your person wont even move Heres the kicker - when we went to uninstall it Allied Assault was less than MB of space on the computer where as Spearhead was a whopping MB Now these are the actual cd s bought from the store - and NO game should be THAT size so question is whats going on Why wont the game play properly and why is it taking up SO much space This is the computer system its running on Windows XP Intel Pentium CPU GHz GHz MB of RAM Please Help Thanks Medal Of Honor Spearhead Expansion Problems - HELP!! Andruw nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/medal-of-honor-spearhead-expansion-problems-help.596196/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

Is there a way to add the WinXP style "explore" option in the right click -folder- context menu?
So the left window pane opens up the folder tree structure rather than using the right pane's folder view.

Thanks in advance.

A:"Explore" option missing in Right-Click Context Menu

Explore and Open are the same thing in Vista and 7. The Folder tree, now called Navigation Pane is always visible unless hidden by the user.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/106935-explore-option-missing-right-click-context-menu.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I can t double-click folders in the Start menu to open them Rightclicking and choosing Open or Explore doesn t work either When I release the Rightclick on Open or Explore or Explore all users nothing happens Normally explorer would open up and I would have access to my start menu folders I still or by or Open open doubleclicking Start in Menu rightclick-> Cannot Explore folders get the context menu with the choices I just cannot get a response when selecting to explore a particular folder Other than that regular items in the Start menu work just fine and I can start programs as normal Other context menu commands like delete rename sort by name and properties work fine I think that there is something corrupt in the registry where the shell for the context menu or the start menu folders is kept I am not sure though I don t think this is a spyware malware or virus problem as the PC is regularly scanned with SuperAntiSpyware and Avira Antivir Resident protections that I have enabled are Avira Antivir and Comodo BOClean I am using Windows XP Pro SP automatic updates enabled this problem has happened even before I have installed SP I am using an administrator account nbsp

A:Cannot open folders in Start Menu by doubleclicking or rightclick-> Open or Explore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-folders-in-start-menu-by-doubleclicking-or-rightclick-open-or-explore.724472/
Relevancy 51.6%

PLease help!! Almost all searches and navigations are being redirected. I can't get through some web sites if I click an option. The address bar says dr.webserviceshosts.com when I am redirected.

A:explore problems

You have been hijacked. The malware has taken over your browser and reset your home page it seems.The first thing you need to do is download, install, update and run the following two programs:*AdAware SE: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/*Spybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.htmlAfter that is completed follow the instructions here:How to get help using Hijack This and get a team member?s assistance:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27770/explore-problems/
Relevancy 51.6%

It keeps closing and asking me for error report almost everytime I either try to open a explore.exe some problems with having I folder or remove a shortcut from the start up Yesterday I unplug everything went to safe I having some problems with explore.exe mode and ran all programs like Uniblue registry booster avast Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Spyboot search and destroy and they all come out clean Then I having some problems with explore.exe I run the HijackThis and saw something I never seen Trusted sites on the log and I do not recall ever adding trusted sites The explorer shutting down many times didn't bug me much until for some reason the windows firewall icon appeared with an X even know I did not turn firewall off As I saw that happening was when I decide to just unplug everything out as I thought I might have gotten a virus but as you see above I run everything and it was all clean but I'm still suspicious specially with those trusted sites appearing on the log But I only use the HijackThis to keep a eye on anything changing there I never ever used this program to fix I having some problems with explore.exe anything before but I see many forum uses it so as I know is an advance software and is not to be used as the other ones to just run selecting and fixing I thought I should ask for help Maybe is nothing but I have a feeling that is something here I see by reading the other thread you guys use DDS so I'm going fallowing that thread and posting accordingly If any more information is needed please let me know I will reply ASAP Please forgive my terrible grammar and spelling errors this is the best I can do in English DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Family at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files TomTom HOME HOMERunner exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files AOL a waol exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files AOL a shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Topspeed aoltpsd exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Documents and Settings Family Desktop other dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uInternet Settings ProxyServer BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher c - cb - a -b f - ea c f - c program files aol aol to... Read more

A:I having some problems with explore.exe

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.NextDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: MBAM log log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/246284/i-having-some-problems-with-exploreexe/
Relevancy 51.17%

Recently I got problems Expansion Pack: Sims having I'm Pets? latest my with 2 the Sims Pets Before I got this game the only Sims games I had were the Sims base game University Nightlife and Open For Business I managed to install them all in order and played off the last disk I installed and I had no problems whatsoever However when I installed I'm having problems with my latest Sims 2 Expansion Pack: Pets? the Sims Pets I started having problems The first time I played the game crashed when I tried to create a I'm having problems with my latest Sims 2 Expansion Pack: Pets? family with pets I uninstalled and reinstalled and then it was fine until I actually started playing and for some reason my pets were white and covered in little numbers like codes I reinstalled and uninstalled and had both problems this time I thought that maybe I had too many EPs so I ve uninstalled University but I didn t really want to do this I checked to see if the game was compatible and it was despite the fact that my video card driver I really want to fix this problem because I didn t have any issues with the games before Pets and now I don t know what to do I know this seems complicated but please help because I ve looked all over the internet and I can t find anything to help nbsp

A:I'm having problems with my latest Sims 2 Expansion Pack: Pets?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1906 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 729 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152621 MB, Free - 104189 MB; D: Total - 152221 MB, Free - 144075 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, PWWAA
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-having-problems-with-my-latest-sims-2-expansion-pack-pets.1048745/
Relevancy 51.17%

The Problem is its in Polish my old room mate was Polish and installed it and Im getting errors when Uninstalling but their in Polish so its hard to know what to do. My question is can someone list all the places the game would put files/registry info so I can delete them manually or if they can post a link to a removal tool.

A:Solved: Uninstall Problems AEO III- Asian Dynasties Expansion

Did you try to delete the software in " safe mode " ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-uninstall-problems-aeo-iii-asian-dynasties-expansion.949259/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I am new to this forum but have heard great thigs about it from friends at work.

I am running XP Home on a laptop and just this evening I have been having issues with explorer and IE. Mozilla works fine, other programs also work fine, but trying to open a folder (explorer) ramps up my CPU to 100% and the folder does not open, same thing if I try to open IE, or even System Information.

I ran my virus protection (AVG), Spybot and a Reg cleaner (TweakNow), all with no luck.

Does anyone have any idea? I'm at wits end.

A:Problems with explore and iexplore

download Microsoft antispyware beta, it detects a few peskies no one else seems to, if that doesn't help you, download hijack this, run it and post the log either here or in security, someone will look for bad things there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-explore-and-iexplore.428306/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I am a novice with computers I apologize for the lack of clarity in my question My computer is running more and more slowly as programs start to fail and my computer just shuts down We seem to have problems with two files explore exe and info exe They try to send data to other sites C WINNT system explore exe KB C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup info exe I am posting my Hijack this log Any help is appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT with info.exe and Problems explore.exe System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System GEARSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C WINNT system ofps exe C WINNT system hpzipm exe Problems with explore.exe and info.exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system Problems with explore.exe and info.exe stisvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder OrderReminder exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniForm OFPA exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files OLYMPUS CAMEDIA Master CM camera exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C WINNT system DllHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OrderReminder C Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder OrderReminder exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Norton Ghost quot C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe quot O - HKLM Run OmniForm OFPA C Program Files ScanSoft OmniForm OFPA exe O - HKLM Run... Read more

A:Problems with explore.exe and info.exe

Download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.

**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-explore-exe-and-info-exe.663838/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have windows 8 on Dell Inspiron 14Z. Some days ago internet explorer started crashing. I installed Firefox; it worked for some time, but then it started crashing. I did a complete scan of the system with windows defender. No viruses or malware were found. I finally did a "system restore" and IE is now working. I shall appreciate any help as to the cause of the crashes, and on how to repair IE and Firefox.

I googled for IE repair but could not find any repair help for windows 8. .

Thanks.

Preet

Relevancy 50.74%

this comes up in dos evertime i startup and click to do anything. whats up any suggestions?????

NB: single-thread decr in static buff used=kernel32
lpRandoms=043C67B0
InitRandoms: Initial Size found to be 107520
b done
RemoveEntropyFix: done
about to save result from step1
unpacked
PE loaded
DLL INIT DONE
RemoveEntropyFix: dwSize(with 8bytes header)=107528
RemoveEntropyFix: dwSeed=0019C68F
RemoveEntropyFix: dwInsertCount=603979776
NB: single-thread decr in static buff used=ntdll
RemoveEntropyFix: RtlMoveMemory done
InitRandoms: entered
InitRandoms: funcs loaded
InitRandoms: dwRandomsBytes=-1879048192

A:c:\windos\explore.exe problems

Hello,

I AHd the same problem on a cleint computer and i installed Malawarebaytes. It fixed the problem.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

This might be the file c:\windows\system32\px.ax, check if you have it in your system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-windos-explore-exe-problems.826366/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Laptop Compaq evo N610 mobile p4 ,with windows xp service pack1.
On microsoft internet explorer,surfing many websites,some pages show following pop-up,
your current security setting prohibit running active x controls on this page.As a result the page may not display correctly.Please advise me how fix this problem ??

A:MS Internet explore problems

You have quite the journey ahead of you my friend: http://www.malwarehelp.org/how-to-reset-internet-explorer-6-to.html
Of coruse, If you don't ever want to worry about that stuff again, you can switch to a much faster, much more secure internet browser that is used by 99% of anyone who knows anything about computers. http://www.getfirefox.com its free, and you will never have ActiveX problems again, nor will you have popups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-internet-explore-problems.776950/
Relevancy 50.31%

Having had problems with IE7 last couple of days, I uninstalled and went back to IE6........unfortunately it hasn't cured the problem.
When searching via google, selected search re-directs to wrong pages totally nothing to do with search.
I thought I'd try re-installing IE7 via download through microsoft but can't download.....says I'm not connected to internet.
I have a BT home hub and have spoken to them today. They ran an online assist and said all was ok, but I can't download their help files either cos screen keeps coming up with 'must be connected to internet'.
I have norton anti virus and on line protection...........full scan shows no problems.
Running XP Pro with service pack 3
Help!!!!!!

A:Help Needed Internet Explore problems.

If you're being redirected, I'd say you have a browser hijacker and are infected. I would post hereAm I Infected?http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182846/help-needed-internet-explore-problems/
Relevancy 50.31%

Running windows xp SP2 with two cdroms (drive D: and E. when I right click drive E: there is no "explore" option although it is available on drive D: Any advice would be appreciated.

A:No "explore" in cd drop down menu

124. Add Explore CD-Rom to Start Button

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

try that please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-explore-in-cd-drop-down-menu.593925/
Relevancy 47.73%

Basically it is not showing the recent items to the full capacity. I have it set to show "4" but it shows 5 with a blank space for 6. Even if I make it capacity to "6" in the settings nothing will show up here is a couple of screenshots to give u an idea of what is going on.

A:Windows Start Menu Problems

Quote: Originally Posted by michaelsp9

Basically it is not showing the recent items to the full capacity. I have it set to show "4" but it shows 5 with a blank space for 6. Even if I make it capacity to "6" in the settings nothing will show up here is a couple of screenshots to give u an idea of what is going on.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2153/startmenud.png
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1898/settingsp.png

Just wonder, what if ....
you have it set to show " 10 " on BOTH categories ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/168638-windows-start-menu-problems.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I would like to open Windows Explorer with no expansion in the left pane I would like to
see just Desktop with out anything below it expanded..
My Explorer.exe shortcut has this in the target field
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,
Computer expands.
I got the above from :
Folder Expansion in Window's Explorer on Openning in Vista
How should I change the target?
Thanks
Frank C

A:Windows explorer - No Expansion

Do you mean this? Open windows explorer, at the top left click "organize", choose "Layout", uncheck "Navigation pane" and "Details pane".
Mak

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291732-windows-explorer-no-expansion.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The Expansion Power Windows laptop began closing all programs and asking to run a scan of the computer and purchase an update of Windows Power Expansion Attached are requested logs Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Beth at on Windows Power Expansion Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C Windows system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSANHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskeng exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUNMain exe C ProgramData Panda Security URL Filtering Panda URL Filtering exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Dell Dell WUSB WQ Tray exe C Users Beth AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Beth Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mURLSear... Read more

A:Windows Power Expansion

Hi Im nasdaq.

I suggest you follow the removal instructions from this page.

Read the instructions carefully and proceed to

Automated Removal Instructions for Windows Power Expansion using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

Remove Windows Power Expansion (Uninstall Guide)

If at any time you need help before proceeding please ask.

When you can please post the Malwarebytes' log

===

Please run this security check for my review.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
===

Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-power-expansion-564972.html
Relevancy 47.73%

when i right click on my DVD writer i do not get the options "OPEN",EXPLORE & AUTOPLAY"..How do i bring them back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-open-explore-options-from-context-menu.757322/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have had to reinstall Windows times this year and I've only had this new PC since last December There have been various issues that have made this necessary but nothing has changed anything with the right-click menu until this last time I use Microsoft Office Professional with the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word Excel and PowerPoint File Formats Until this most recent OS reinstall I could right-click on the Desktop or an open folder and create any new MS Office file by choosing quot New quot from the right-click menu and then selecting Word Excel or whatever After this most recent OS reinstall Word is missing from that list of applications There is one thing I did menu after Problems with Windows 7 right-click reinstall prior to installing MS Office after reinstalling Windows this time that I didn't do with the earlier Windows clean installs There was a Word file that I needed to see but I didn't have Office installed yet so Problems with right-click menu after Windows 7 reinstall I used WordPad to open the file As a result because I neglected to choose otherwise WordPad became the default application for files with the doc file extension I tried removing the file association for DOC files and then uninstalling and reinstalling Office but I still have the same problem - Word does not appear in the right-click menu for creating new documents There is another thing that seems trivial but I should probably mention it anyway After I reinstalled Office Word became the default application for the doc files but the appearance of the Word icon has changed from what it looked like prior to this Problems with right-click menu after Windows 7 reinstall last Windows reinstall Instead of a blue quot W quot the same size as the green quot X quot on Excel documents the doc files on my PC now have a very small blue quot W quot in the middle of the icon The Excel icons look the same as always As I said that issue seems trivial but it is another thing that has changed with Word following the latest OS reinstall The main issue and the issue that is causing the greatest inconvenience is the fact that I can no longer create a new Word file using the right-click menu Any advice that might restore Word to the right-click menu will be much appreciated Thanks

A:Problems with right-click menu after Windows 7 reinstall

Have you tried this, Open Control Panel, select Default Programs, then Set your Default Program, when that opens Select Word (Desktop) from the list & then use one of the two options from the list at the bottom of the screen, one being Set This Program as Default & the other Choose Defaults for This Program, which will show a list of what it will open as the default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383445-problems-right-click-menu-after-windows-7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just found out that I downloaded and ran windows power expansion. I need help to get rid of this!Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Uninstall windows power expansion

Take a look here: Remove Windows Power Expansion (Uninstall Guide)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387597/uninstall-windows-power-expansion/
Relevancy 47.3%

Is there any current documentation or whitepapers that illustrate why a customer should upgrade by adding DDR3/4 memory as opposed to believing they will get the same performance by allowing Windows to page out to an SSD drive?  Particularly if the software they are running specifically calls for more memory than is currently installed in the machine?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19977512
Relevancy 47.3%

I no Windows Expansion - desktop System m new to this forum so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place I was trying to help Windows Expansion System - no desktop a friend that got Windows Expansion System on their computer I followed the instructions for using rkill however I Windows Expansion System - no desktop had to try several different options before I could get it to run I had used the command prompt to copy the file and also had copied the updates manually from another computer to run malwarebytes and had started it from the command prompt When I ran malwarebytes it fixed the system and booted up in safe mode At this point everything looked fine desktop came up with all the icons etc Then I shut down the system and restarted it again I now have NO icons or start menu on the desktop Somehow I missed the following step about fixing my Windows Registry Shell value which I did not do I have since downloaded it and ran it however it doesn t appear to have fixed it I have tried numerous times to get it to work but it does not Could you please advise If I do Ctrl Alt Delete the task manager takes a while to come up but does not show any applications running It does show processes of spoolsv exe explorer exe WgaTray exe svchost exe EvtEng exe svchost exe svchost exe lsass exe services exe winlogon exe csrss exe smss exe taskmgr exe System System Idle Process SYSTEM

A:Windows Expansion System - no desktop

I see the explorer.exe running. Are you seeing the desktop? Or are you just getting a blank screen when you start windows?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388475/windows-expansion-system-no-desktop/
Relevancy 46.87%

I installed windows a few months ago and I was using it for about weeks then one day everything on my task bar including start menu cortana calendar volume stopped responding only my opened windows worked Chrome skype and there was no sound and the brightness could not be changed A reboot fixed this but its been happening every days note I don't shut down my laptop at nights And today it happened times it is very frustrating to have you system go nuts on you randomly I contacted Microsoft Answer desk and found out how bad customer support is they could not fix my problem they just did some random stuff and eventually said that a future update will fix it This problem I'm sure will not be solved by the community but I needed to tell you about it in case its connected with my current problem When I play an online MMO War Thunder Ground Forces and have my arrow pointed at an area which would be the start menu if the application was minimized and click and errors a menu Start Windows 10 minor problems. few the game suddenly minimizes and the start menu Windows 10 Start menu errors and a few minor problems. pops up This is infuriating because in this game I have my gun pointed at an enemy and click to fire only to have the start menu pop up and my game to sometimes disconnect and kick me out I'd really appreciate a fix

A:Windows 10 Start menu errors and a few minor problems.

Hello harut2K Welcome to the Ten Forums!

By your description it sounds all too much like you saw the 10 install as an upgrade on the laptop there and have run into almost the same problems a laptop here saw back in August however. The upgrade install came out "Buggy as all H-"! Now the unfortunate side will be something you are now going to be more willing to accept however with all this going on. Time for a Clean Install of 10!

With 10 already being on and activated you won't have any worries at this time about seeing a clean copy of 10 activated since the MS servers already have a record of your laptop. The clean install will fix everything since you are also likely to start seeing other problems surface as well. Forget ideas of using the System File Checker or Disk Check tools since the problem is generally a result of things not going on fully during the 10 install as they should have and you have missing elements only a clean install can see replaced effectively.

Better plan on a wipe of the entire drive including the OEM primary however! Why? On the HP laptop that was upgraded here the decision to see a small back up partition created on the single one drive only model that won't be seeing any external HDs used was met by a stubborn OEM primary you couldn't shrink in size! That had to be removed entirely for a fresh brand new primary. Since not a lot will be going on the primary could be shrunk down in size about 200gb to allow for a recovery partition to store what files would be used as well as anything that would be added on later.

The 64bit 10 Home now resides on the previously 32bit 7 Home Premium laptop and runs nice and smooth! The initial upgrade with the 10240 build out at the end of July now replaced by the Threshold 2 10586 build was a fright mare to see! But I was already prepared back then to count on seeing an immediate clean install replace the initial upgrade which later could have been avoided entirely using a method posted later on how to avoid the need to see the upgrade first! Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/33059-windows-10-start-menu-errors-few-minor-problems.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hello i m new to these forums so please getting windows menu desktop/start XP married, problems forgive my geneal ignorance getting married, windows XP desktop/start menu problems about some issues ok i m getting married in days and all my info in on THIS computer but THIS computer is also having a slightly kinda big problem The desktop and icons and start menu all disappear when i boot up When i boot my comp it boots to the desktop then as the start up programs start to load the screen goes blank meaning no icons no start menu just wallpaper then the icons flash on the screen for about sec the go blank to wallpaper After about or sessions of this the comp loads to just the wallpaper and nada I can use ctril-alt-delete to access the task manager where i can acces the run new tasks to execute a variety of apps services including iexplore exe In fact I am trying this email on the very broken machine This comp uses a linksys wireless pci card for internet connectivty and it s working but i still have NO start menu no icons and when i execute explorer exe from the run option in the task manager the computer continuely refreshes the desktop but never loads the start menu or icons so far i havie tried using the selective start up disableing all the start process process system process win and load startup items i ve tried system restore i ve tried safe start and nothing helps I can access all my drives including external usb free agent drive as i mentioned earlier I can access the internet and can even launch apps like Word and Hijack this Which leads to my next question Is this a virus I have posted my hijack this log in this email please review and assist if possible I really need to accessm my comp for the next days then it can crap out after the honeymoon this just isn t my week first aloah airline goes outta business which was the airline taking me and my fiancee to hawaii now this Thanks again forum your help is really appericated HIJACK LOG AVAILABL UPON REQUEST nbsp

A:getting married, windows XP desktop/start menu problems

Hello,

Sorry for your troubles. Try this:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Line 195 - Right

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-married-windows-xp-desktop-start-menu-problems.699739/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit which tells me I am logged in as the administrator yet I am not able to change any of the start menu or folder options settings. I change the settings and press ok but when I check to see if they have changed I find they have not changed at all and have reverted to their original settings. I have tried everything I can think of but to avail. Is it possible to repair W7 using the original install disk and if so will my installed programs stay intact or will I have to re-install them all. My internet security (Kaspersky) scan shows up no virus's.
I'm almost at my wits end . Never had a problem like this with XP.

A:Windows 7 Start menu and folder options problems

You can create a new user account with admin privileges and see if the issue persists. Also try a Restore point before this occurred.
A repair install will keep most your current programs and settings, see the tip in the tutorial.

System Restore
User Account - Create
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/207492-windows-7-start-menu-folder-options-problems.html
Relevancy 46.87%

About months ago i purchased seagate TB expansion USB external hard drive all worked well apart from windows dont work 7 expansion 3tb with seagate windows not being able to see that hard drive to do a back up seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work which at this stage im not Concerned with this issue Now i have a Gb SSD with the same OS installed now i plug in seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work the external hard drive into a usb slot amp windows shows there is a seagate external hard drive connected as quot H drive quot but will not read it according to windows the driver is working properly i have uninstalled the usb driver amp reinstalled with no luck i have also tried to open up my computer management but it just freezes whilst i have the external hard drive pluged in i have also plug the external hard drive into all available usb slots with the same issue Now i took the extnernal hard drive into work amp pluged it into a windows XP works great so im now sure there is no problem with the external drive i have also downloaded all the seagate tools for the hard drive amp whilst the drive is plug into the computer the programs just freeze i have done extenive research online to try amp find a solution to this amp cant find anyone with the same problem except one on the seagates forum amp the seagate responed with its a windows problem i will post that link if needed i will upload some SS when i get home from work

A:seagate 3tb expansion with windows 7 dont work

seems like other folks have run into this issue also: Seagate Expansion 3TB not useable for Windows 7 Ba... - Seagate Community Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251395-seagate-3tb-expansion-windows-7-dont-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Microsoft Launches Troubleshooter to Fix Windows Start Menu Problems Long-time Windows insiders probably remember that there were builds when Windows Problems Fix 10 Launches to Troubleshooter Menu Start Microsoft launching the Start menu Cortana or any item on the taskbar was pretty much impossible due to bugs that Microsoft itself attempted to address with several updates And although the number of users experiencing such issues has dropped significantly it appears that some are still unable to launch the Start menu in Windows so Microsoft has decided to release a dedicated troubleshooter to help determine the cause of the problem and to Microsoft Launches Troubleshooter to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Problems at least attempt to fix it Specifically the so-called Windows Microsoft Launches Troubleshooter to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Problems Start menu troubleshooter which is available for download right away for devices running Windows looks for tile database corruption as it has been discovered that live tiles could sometimes affect the overall stability of the Start menu and thus render it useless Very little user interaction during the whole time At the same time it also scans the computer for permission issues in the registry so in case you ve previously modified certain registry items or installed apps that applied such changes the chances are that this is the reason the Start menu is not working So this troubleshooter looks for such broken registry items and fixes them should this be possible Additionally it scans installed applications to determine if they installed correctly but also to see if the manifest data is corrupt as in some cases this has been identified as one of the main causes for the Start menu not working as expected Using the troubleshooter is no rocket science and it s all just a matter of pressing the next button Everything is performed all automatically and should any issues be discovered with the Start menu the troubleshooter tries to fix them on its own Once the scanning process is complete you are provided with a list of potential issues that were identified so you always know what modifications the troubleshooter could apply Click to expand nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-launches-troubleshooter-to-fix-windows-10-start-menu-problems.60807/
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently bought a new laptop that came installed with Windows 7 Home Premium. For a few days, everything was fine; I transfered over some files, downloaded the usual programs, installed required updates, etc. Then, this happened: (Refer to attachments, I guess...)

Image 1 is what happens when I right-click the desktop.
Image 2 is Chrome's menu.
Image 3 is Firefox's menu.
Images 4 & 5 are Paint, what I had to go through to save these screenshots.

Apparently, this is only a problem with my User Account. The Guest account seems to have no problems akin to this in the time I spent over there.
Now, being the perfectionist/idiot I am, I ran System Restore twice. The first time mediated the problem for around 30 minutes, and the second time 5 minutes.

So, I suspect the problem lies in something I transferred over, but since this is a new computer/OS, I have no idea.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

A:Right Click Menu/Pull-Down Menu Problems

Hello CanNotRecall, Welcome to the forum

Have you scanned for malware? Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/161607-right-click-menu-pull-down-menu-problems.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Why is it that every time I open Windows Explore in Vista, it opens with many folders expanded as oppose to only looking at the C:\ drive folder and a couple others. It's annoying to have to go through and close all of these folders to get to what it is I want to look at. How do I go about keeping all of these folders closed until I need to open or expand them?

A:Windows Explore

Please take a screenshot so that we know exactly what you are talking about.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303440-windows-explore.html
Relevancy 46.01%

i have a new computer and today it started giving "Windows explore has stopped working" and it will restart windows explore not the whole machine. i can not go to msconfig and several other places. i am convinced it is a virus and i have run malwarebytes full scan and found nothing. Avg finds nothing. Help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339275/win-7-pro-windows-explore/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an Acer laptop that came pre-installed with Windows Vista I d been using it for a couple of months and then I found an quot anytime Vista After Menu Problems Card / Boot Video Upgrade Windows upgrade quot CD and installed it realizing I hadn t done it when I got the computer Bad move Now I have two problems Whenever I start the computer I get a boot menu with two options Windows Vista Home Edition Windows Vista Home Edition When I load the computer files that I previously had on the computer are Windows Vista Boot Menu / Video Card Problems After Upgrade no longer accessible from my profile They re now in a windows old directory I can move them over but might help diagnose what s going on Some programs can t read my video card now and won t run as a result How do I determine what kind of video card I have and get the correct drivers back in I realize I don t have a lot of info here particularly on I m fairly new to Vista With Windows and XP I was fairly used to the configuration settings and consider myself a fairly Windows Vista Boot Menu / Video Card Problems After Upgrade savvy OS user in general Any help would be greatly appreciated Matt nbsp

A:Windows Vista Boot Menu / Video Card Problems After Upgrade

I realize I wasn't clear on #1... what I am trying to do is get the boot menu to go away so that the computer automatically boots into vista and does't display the boot menu. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-boot-menu-video-card-problems-after-upgrade.750550/
Relevancy 45.58%

My windows explore keeps closing for some reason. Ill open it and look through folders and it will just close returning me back to desk top.

Anyone have a clue why this is happening?

A:Windows explore closing

Troubleshooting Windows Explorer Errors

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/techfiles/explorer-crashes.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explore-closing.618922/
Relevancy 45.58%

any time i right click on any thing in the start menu explore will crash (not respond)
trying to install any thing new like speccy will cause it to crash

so what i did is ran "sfc /scannow" from my CMD
it seems some of my system files are corrupted... but can't be fixed...
is it because they are system files? ...and so i need to take ownership of them or some thing in order for the CMD to be able to edit them?
or is my disk not being read and i have to get a new disk?

A:Windows Explore crashing

Try running chkdsk /r from the command prompt...then try the sfc /scannow command again.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549428/windows-explore-crashing/
Relevancy 45.58%

I can open cmd and use cd to get there, but its not showing in explorer. What gives?

A:Can't explore c:\windows\installer

It's a hidden system folder..all you need to do is enable the viewing of both hidden and Operating System protected files. Deleting items from here will cause you problems uninstalling programs which have stored installers there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-explore-c-windows-installer-373789.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Microsoft.windows.explore Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows System smss exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system wininit exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system services exeC Windows system lsass exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system winlogon exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost Microsoft.windows.explore exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC hp support hpsysdrv exeC hp KBD kbd exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC WINDOWS System igfxpers exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS AdpPlugins DQLWinService exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exec Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles msn exeC Users Chris Desktop stinger exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Chris Desktop HiJackThis exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http runonce msn com v msgrv R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run CCUTRAYICON FactoryModeO - HKLM Run HP Softwar... Read more

A:Microsoft.windows.explore

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days, please post a new HijackThis log. Thank you for your patience.If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103399/microsoftwindowsexplore/
Relevancy 45.58%

How can I configure my Windows Explore to open with most of the folders closed or not expanded as the are now? I only want a minimal amount of folders expanded, but I would like to have control over this.

Added Info: I found the answer on how to accomplish this and the problem is no more. Thanks anyway to those of you who looked in.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206902-windows-explore-not-expanded.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi!
Don't know why windows explore take 5 to 6 seconds to start everytime.Please help,Thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

Windows explore will crash when I open a folder... Not any folder but just this on folder I have my movies in... So windows explore will crash when I open my movie folder/// what can I do to fix this...

A:Windows explore = Crash

Try making a new folder with a shorter name,( 10 characters or less ) copy the files into that folder and open it.
If this resolves your issue rename the original folder with less characters, the length of 10 characters or less

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explore-crash-129970.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My computer is becoming increasingly slow and unresponsive, after running several virus scans and degraments also ive rebooted my system, Now i've found that the entire computer freezes and comes up with "windows .exe not respinding, this program may respond if you wait" but it doesnt, my computer runs fine if i start it in safe mode but i'd much rather fully resolve the problem. please help !

A:Windows Explore .exe not responding

Give this a try: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/243434-windows-explore-exe-not-responding.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This seemed to happen out of nowhere. When I try to execute Windows Explore, my CPU usage jumps to 100%. Explore does open, but promptly gives me the "Windows Explore has created an error and will be shut down...an error log has been created" (obviously not word for word, but you get the idea) This happens when I try to execute the Control Panel or any function requiring Windows Explorer. Please PLEASE help me before I start breaking stuff...thanks in advance.

A:Windows Explore locking up OS

Confusing. If you can see your desktop, Explorer is running. It's the shell. Can you access stuff via "My computer"?
Unfortunately, you left your OS as a guessing-game. Crucial piece of info, that.

Are you running W2K? W2K Pro? XP Home? XP Pro?

First impression is "Virus".

If you know about "Hijack This!", then post a log. If you don't, have a look around these fora and you'll find it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explore-locking-up-os.255825/
Relevancy 45.58%

Description of the problem The problem started with having the taskbar disappearing it comes back when i restart Maybe thats caused by something else but when i play games like say counter strike the game kept minimizing without me doing anything Those were problems windows load... won't explore My that i didn t feel like dealing with since they are although annoying but easy to ignore It started yesterday by the way Finally the taskbar disappeared for the last time and when i tried to restart hoping it would get fixed like before an error pop up says windows explorer failed to initialize There was another pop up that says something about C and something in my system folder didn t run properly Basically my all i see is my wall paper and that pop up there are no desktop short cuts and no taskbar So i tried quot ctrl alt del quot to get the task manager out it seems that i have a bunch of processes running and no applications if this helps tell you whats going on After restarting a couple times My windows explore won't load... without getting any better i had no choice but to try logging on the quot guest quot account just to see if that works It turns out it did and thats how i am posting this right now on the guest account I haven t run the windows update since service pack My windows explore won't load... came out i wanted to try to run the update to see if the problem gets fixed but it turns out guest account don t have that access since my administrator account isn t working i can t run the windows update I thought about reformatting but i got to have a way to get the data i have in my comp saved up somewhere like on a cd so i won t loose it thats really important stuff So now i need to My windows explore won't load... figure out either how to get the windows explorer to load on my administrator account or figure out a way to get in quot my documents quot of my administrator account signed on as quot guest quot so i can reformat and have a brand new start Any ideas how or do you see a third choice i have other than the two i listed any help would be greatly appreciated By the way yesterday I installed ad-aware pro did a scan and removed around quot critical objects quot as adaware calls it and a program called Virtual DAEMON manager which is for putting a game i got off of bittorrent together so i can install it the game came in a bunch of rar files Operating System windows xp edit one more thing to add i think its a virus but on guest account i can t seem to use norton to scan nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all... I am having a slight problem. Its a minor problem, but annoying nonetheless. Lately, when I open windows explorer, the window opens small, not full screen. I will expand the window after opening and the explorer window will open full screen but only for about 2 or 3 times, then when I open explorer again, the window is small again. Is there a fix for this? Did something get screwed up?

A:Windows Explore Problem

Hi maximo8 and welcome to the forums

To solve this, you need to change an aspect of the shortcut's properties. Browse to the location where you start this program from, and instead of left clicking or double left clicking to execute it, right click instead. Select 'Properties' and then ensure that the 'Shortcut' tab is selected. In the drop down box next to 'Run:' select 'Maximised'. The dialogue box should look like the image below.

Click 'OK', and the next time you start this program, it will start maximised.
Dwarf

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/172415-windows-explore-problem.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My Mcafee scanner keeps popping up notifying me that this "C:\Windows\Inf\Catalog\su\explore.exe" is an unwanted program, and recently, I've noticed that my computer have been gettin really laggy, and I wonder if that has something to do with it. So what I did was, I surfed all over the internet trying to come up with a solution. And what I encountered was to use Adware to scan my comp, which I did, but that didn't help. Then i used Search & Destroy, that didnt help either. I've tried using some of the free anti-virus scanners available on the internet, but that didnt help because it corresponds to my Mcafee (believe me, I've tried turning it off, but it wouldnt let me). Can you guys please provide me some with advice? I'm getting impatient!

oh yeah, i've tried deleting it manually, but doesnt work either!

Relevancy 45.58%

When I open a certain folders (particullarly containing large .jpg files) I get a windows explorer error. (Also if I am opening the folder in a picture program that locks up just the same)

Sometimes Windows Explorer just refreshes without warning closeing all folders open, othertimes there is either: a gray error titleing "Explorer.exe Error" (with the critical error red circle with X) talking about reference number and resoures coulnt be written to; or gray error titleing "Windows Explorer" stating "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.". In the latter error window there is a link "To view technical information about error click here" and that brings up the Error signature.

-----
Error Signature
AppName: explorer.exe AppVer:6.0.2800.1221 ModName: shell32.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2800.1348 Offset 0002b661
-----

I have ran spyboy and ad-aware and norton antivirus but anything they find has no effect.

Any idea for this phenomenon?

Relevancy 45.58%

My hard drive failed a few months back New HDD reinstalled Windows Reinstalled programs and games Everything except Windows Media Player was fine Windows Media Player was giving me a 12; problems playlist context Windows Player item Media menu & names lot of problems with playlists Windows Media Player 12; context menu & playlist item names problems Any time I right click an avi mp mp mkv etc the item I'm adding to a playlist is added with some weird name and Windows Media Player 12; context menu & playlist item names problems not the actual displayed file name from Windows Explorer view of the file For example A file named quot s e - Windows Media Player 12; context menu & playlist item names problems TVShowEpisodeName mp quot is now added to the playlist as quot TVShowName S E HDTV x -KILLERS ettv quot instead of just quot s e - TVShowEpisodeName quot Hoping to fix the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling I uninstalled WMP When I reinstalled WMP nothing had changed Worse now when I right click on a MKV movie file there is no longer an option to quot Add to Windows Media Player list quot like I used to have and that I still get with MP et all movies Can anyone tell me how to fix this context menu issue and or how to get WMP to only show filenames in playlists I've been all over Google for weeks now and I can't resolve either of these issues I'm finally at my wit's end and have to ask someone Many thanks in advance

A:Windows Media Player 12; context menu & playlist item names problems

Context Menu Solution
1. Reinstall K-Lite Codec Pack (I used Mega) and the .mkv files get their "Add to Windows Media Player list" context menu back.

Playlist File Name Workaround
1. Display the Playlist in the Library (not the list as it's playing in WMP).
2. Right click the funky file names and rename to the desired Playlist name.

Solved well enough for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pictures-video/395353-windows-media-player-12-context-menu-playlist-item-names-problems.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My hard problems Player names playlist context menu Media item Windows & 12; drive failed a Windows Media Player 12; context menu & playlist item names problems few months back New HDD reinstalled Windows Reinstalled programs and games Everything except Windows Media Player was fine Windows Media Player was giving me a lot of problems with playlists Any time I right click an avi mp mp mkv etc the item Windows Media Player 12; context menu & playlist item names problems I'm adding to a playlist is added with some weird name and not the actual displayed file name from Windows Explorer view of the file For example A file named quot s e - TVShowEpisodeName Windows Media Player 12; context menu & playlist item names problems mp quot is now added to the playlist as quot TVShowName S E HDTV x -KILLERS ettv quot instead of just quot s e - TVShowEpisodeName quot Hoping to fix the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling I uninstalled WMP When I reinstalled WMP nothing had changed Worse now when I right click on a MKV movie file there is no longer an option to quot Add to Windows Media Player list quot like I used to have and that I still get with MP et all movies Can anyone tell me how to fix this context menu issue and or how to get WMP to only show filenames in playlists I've been all over Google for weeks now and I can't resolve either of these issues I'm finally at my wit's end and have to ask someone Many thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/395353-windows-media-player-12-context-menu-playlist-item-names-problems.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a laptop running Windows XP Service Pack Background I was looking through old backup CDs containing Microsoft Word doc files and listening to mp s on Windows Media Player I put in a badly scratched CD that could not be read Laptop locked up After ten minutes of non-responsiveness I manually powered off the computer Ever since powering back up I have experienced the following "my . . Cannot Explore Windows Computer," . Open If I double-click on My Computer it does not open I get an hour glass which goes away but My Computer does not open If I right click on Start and Select quot Explore quot nothing happens If I put a CD in the CD drive it spins up but does not pop open a prompt Cannot Open "my Computer," Explore Windows . . . of options for the CD Shuts down and boots up logging in for users very slowly Takes more than five minutes to quot switch users quot or to log off Windows Media Player freezes up This all began happening immediately after the fiasco with the scratched CD and Windows Media Player locked up about an hour ago I have repeatedly rebooted etc with no change in behavior Any suggestions

A:Cannot Open "my Computer," Explore Windows . . .

Try doing a system restore to a point before the problems started.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118133/cannot-open-my-computer-explore-windows/
Relevancy 45.15%

As of late I have had alot of issues with IE7 were it just quits working. I always select check online for a solution and restart program only to have the issue happen over and over.

I have posted the details from the last event, can some offer up a solution.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18226
Application Timestamp: 49ac95d6
Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18226
Fault Module Timestamp: 49acb49d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00095736
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Thanks

A:Windows explore has quit working

Hi , click start and in the start search box, type inetcpl.cpl and press ENTER.
Click on the Advanced Tab and Click Reset.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224209-windows-explore-has-quit-working.html
Relevancy 45.15%

When deleting files in (Explore)such as: Temp,Temporary internet
files,and Windows prefetch, "windows states that it has encountered
a problem". A typical path would be: Explore > Edit > select all >
everything is highlighted > File, at this point, windows encounters
this problem.... Need some guidance...

Thanks,

Billjh

Relevancy 45.15%

I am using Win 2000 and would like to be able to have Windows Explore open to my D:\ Documents\Files everytime I open from either Win Explore or My Computer icon.

Is this possible or does it always default to the C: drive

A:Mapping Windows Explore to a particular folder

Here's a link to a cool article by Windows guru Brian Livingston:

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/00/07/03/000703oplivingston.xml

Basically your shortcut would read something like

explorer /n, /e, d:\documents\files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapping-windows-explore-to-a-particular-folder.59292/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have made several attempts to correct the following explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows You need to restart the program An error log is being created The computer log says the following The description for Event ID in Source Microsoft Internet Explorer cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer The following information is part of the event iexplore exe ftapp dll ff Anyway I can t browse Explorer Windows to Refuses explore using explore either from the Windows Explorer Refuses to explore My Computer icon or through the start programs windows explorer I can t use IE and I can t get to the control panel I get the same message as I do with trying to use explorer I have reinstalled W both as a repair and then as a new install Neither of those worked I am just trying to get around having to reformat and reload everything Someone please help Patty nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

My neighbor's computer is using Vista OS. When I Right click on the start button and select Explore, the window opens with many folders expanded in the Left(navigational) pane. How can I set it so only one folder(C: Drive) opens and the rest are closed? My Windows XP and Windows 7 computers open with no folders open until the user selects which one they want to open. How can I make this happen with Windows Vista?OS: Windows 7 64bit/Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bitCPU/Ram: E8500/8GB PC2-6400Manufacturer/Model: AVA Direct / Built online

A:How to close folders in Windows Explore

Create a link to Windows Explorer and set target in the properties to:%windir%\explorer.exe /e,C:\

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/how-to-close-folders-in-windows-explore/13695.html
Relevancy 45.15%

windows explore has stopped working.
when i open any video or imafes folder my windows explore see this error & restarts to desktop & closed programs.

the error is -windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience. when i open video or images files

A:windows explore has stopped working

please solve my problem urgent.

thanking you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explore-has-stopped-working-409187.html
Relevancy 45.15%

This happens frequently keep & other programs Windows crashing. Explore either when I'm gaming or surfing the web Most of the time it's Windows Explorer just randomly stops responding and closes I have to restart Also some other unknown programs as well I'll be sure to name the program that stops Windows Explore & other programs keep crashing. responding next time Also I've been getting a lot of automatic CMD openings randomly one was quot soocks exe quot This only started happening Windows Explore & other programs keep crashing. because some prick port forwared something to me via X-chat using my open ports gt lt I use Torrent so that's why I got open ports I located the file and deleted the exe it solved the problem but now some other CMD's open sometimes It goes by a second opens and closes really quickly I think one was quot win exe quot So here's a screen shot of where all the Win viruses pop up and get blocked by Avast Home Edition I move them to Chest but since I can't clean the Chest because my Avast scanner doesn't start as there is no skin for it or some error I'll upload that error too C Windows Temp I upload this picture and straight away I got this virus block pop up from Avast Also what's a good pop up advert blocker for Mozzila

A:Windows Explore & other programs keep crashing.

Actually, I deleted all that crap from the temp folder and also did a full AVAST Scan and found some win32 and trojan horses, maybe these were the problem. My internet wasn't working the whole day yesterday, maybe these viruses were blocking my connection, even though I have spybot, firewall and Avast, god damn these viruses. Even though I deleted, my dad also deleted 2 viruses from his laptop. Everything is working fine now, but I figure it might happen again so what to do to get internet connection back faster. What is a good scanner or internet protector/shield.

As my brother uses the internet, I got a modem and a router, my brother is wired and my dad is obviously wireless, through his laptop. So it's risky as the virus might spread.

Also, these strange .exe files keep automatically reapearing frequently, I delete them, then after a while Avast detects the win32 trojan and I delete it again!

Is there some kind of other program virus that keeps duplicating these files. Most come from Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5P\.......
or
C:\Users\Vengeance\AppData\Local\Temp

That's it, I think they are in my registry files, damn annoying. I'm going to get a Registry Cleaner and clean them out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explore-and-other-programs-keep-crashing-406274.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Vista 64 bit and have just recovered from Trojan viruses but since getting viruses, Windows Explorer automatically opens up twice during System Startup. I had quite a time removing two viruses recently. They seemed to cause Explorer to keep launching every couple of minutes! Now with the viruses removed by Super Antispyware in safe mode, I get Explorer automatically launching just twice when starting computer. Where can I find and address this issue- thanks for help!

A:Windows Explore opens up twice on startup

Sounds like either explorer.exe was listed in Startup or the virus is still there.

Run HijackThis and MalwareBytes and attach both of the logs.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/264792-windows-explore-opens-up-twice-startup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Windows XP Service pk Windows Explorer is hijacked The computer had the trojan vundo and I think that I got that removed but the popups have not gone away Here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCS EXEC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCST exeC WINDOWS system ICO EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files IBM Is Hijacked Explore Xp In Windows Internet Messages By IBM ibmmessages exeC WINDOWS system Pelmiced exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC Program Internet Explore Is Hijacked In Windows Xp Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings administrator EYESPECIALISTS Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE VUUYHWA stinger exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Internet Explore Is Hijacked In Windows Xp Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - A B E-EA - - CB -F A DC C - O - BHO no name - B E E -DA -F E - F - E DC D CF - C WINDOWS System mktkhxw dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - ae a -c - a -bd - b - C WINDOWS System eceykyp dllO - BHO no name - C E C-BDE - de -BB - CAA FDC - C WINDOWS system gmvrruoa dllO - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentO - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXEO - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run UC Start C IBMTools Updater ucstartup exeO - HKLM Run ibmmessages C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exeO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeO - HKLM Run MemoryManager rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system embaquyv dll quot sitypnowO - HKLM RunOnce SpybotSnD quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe quot autocheckO - HKCU Run ibmmessages C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU RunOnce gi quot C DOCUME ADMINI EYE LOCALS Temp giL JD L exe quot resume quot C DOCUME ADMINI EYE LOCALS Temp ML JB quot exename quot C Documents and Settings administrator EYESPECIALISTS Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE MOFP EZS Free-SpyHunter-Scanner-Install exe quot O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce Sym MI quot C TEMP Clt-Inst setup exe quot qn z nosp User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce Sym MI quot C TEMP Clt-Inst setup exe quot qn z nosp User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Options group JAVA IBM Java IBM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain EyeSpecialists... Read more

A:Internet Explore Is Hijacked In Windows Xp

Hello Hollyb,Welcome to Bleeping Computer 1. Download this file - combofix.exe2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.3. When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply please, along with a new HijackThis log.Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102167/internet-explore-is-hijacked-in-windows-xp/
Relevancy 45.15%

Windows 7 slow to explore and most times not able to access NAS drives. I have a Mac that can access these same drives with no issue so I rule out the drives being at fault.

A:Windows 7 slow to explore NAS drives

Go into "Computer" and Map Network Drive. This usually works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-slow-to-explore-nas-drives.1033367/
Relevancy 45.15%

Is there any thing I can change to stop the search? It continues to search and will not stop, even if I click the Stop button. The start button in the bottom tray then search function also does the same. Any Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-explore-search-function.401078/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi my windows explore has been having many errors every time i do any thing with folders and sometimes even out of the blue this error tells to error hello welcome working? stoped has my windows explore me that windows explore has stop working and needs to shut down so it dose and about a sec later it starts back up and it seems that hello welcome to my error windows explore has stoped working? nothing has happen Most of the time when this error happens my work is not effected and never pops up when on internet just comes around when organizing hello welcome to my error windows explore has stoped working? my desk top folders and moving files from one place to the other and my work is still hello welcome to my error windows explore has stoped working? is not effected This error basicley dose nothing but annoy me I did some google searching of this problem and its not rare same age computers same vista same error but mine is much less of a mess from other post ive red They say it could be the cause of rd party apps or its a never ending looping error that windows creaters had missed cant use anything its a virus that cant be detected it wil get worse and much more on top of that i dont know whare to start dont want to go messing around in in stuff i dont fully understand if ive not given enought info will be glad to do so just post and thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

When I right-click a file and click Delete (or alternately use File, Delete) in Windows Explore, there is about a 20-30 second lag time before the Delete File dialog box opens to confirm I want to move the file to the Recycle Bin. If I use Shift+Click, there is the same long lag to the Dialog to ask me if I'm sure I want to permanently delete the file. When I click Yes, the Delete is immediate. I tried using the ShellExView utility to disable and enable each shell extension I was suspicious of with no luck. Any help greatly appreciated.

A:Delete in Windows Explore extremely slow

I just went into Recycle Bin Properties and unchecked "Display delete confirmation dialog" and that resolved it. I've been working on resolution all day. Who knew it was so simple; that said, this is not "normal" behavior to have such a long delay and I would still like to know what is causing the lag in when the confirmation is displayed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/189813-delete-windows-explore-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 44.72%

No response for three days and following up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic435744.html/page__p__2533388__fromsearch__1#entry2533388

Thanks,
Martin

A:Browser redirect, Windows Explore error

You have to be patient.
Malware helpers are extremely busy people.
Someone will get back to you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435985/browser-redirect-windows-explore-error/
Relevancy 44.72%

Windows Vista has a tendancy to make things go a little astray. Here is one little thing that will help to over come the crashing of Windows Internet explorer.

Go to start, then to control panel, choose internet options, go to the top tool bar at the far right end choose the adfvanced tab. Go down the page to the reset button push this and wait for the reset configuration to finish.

But you will have to reset your home page as it goes back to Manufacturers settings. Well at least it dosnt crash any more.

A:Vista Windows internet explore crashes

Using the Event Viewer is the best way to determine the cause of a crash or error message. Resetting does not allow the user to find the cause and thus eliminate recurrence in the future,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-windows-internet-explore-crashes.90470/
Relevancy 44.72%

System Check virus was discovered Saturday December Avira Antivir did not quarnatine virus but fired alert Selected System Restore point one day earlier from Safe Mode and quarantined System Check virus using Avira Antivir Full Antivir scan caught two other quot System Check quot files Then discovered a browser redirect bug Ran Explore Windows error redirect, Browser full PC Tools scan and it did not solve problem Then ran full Spybot and it discovered nothing Down loaded Ad Aware today and ran two hour scan-problem still there In addition a Windows Explore error now fires periodically In preparation for seeking assistance completed the enabling of Windows firewall it was Browser redirect, Windows Explore error already enabled disabled CD emulation Browser redirect, Windows Explore error not even sure what that is and began the DSS scan The instructions indicated this scan was to take under three minutes and Browser redirect, Windows Explore error would produce an error file log After minutes there was nothing In addition the system was frozen and I was unable to perform any functions including ctrl alt delete and had to resort to a hard system shut down Using Windows XP IE Where do we go from here

A:Browser redirect, Windows Explore error

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435744/browser-redirect-windows-explore-error/
Relevancy 44.72%

So the reinstall using Windows autoplay without explore.exe Repair or 7 explorer exe on this computer crashes all the time I am unable to open folders of any kinds I can however open chrome and certain other program Some of them crash the first time but open the second I want to reinstall Windows I can log on in normal mode its slow but it does do it However inserting my usb flash drive with the windows install files on it won't open The autoplay feature never opens Guess it requires explorer exe The start button works and sometimes I can open command prompt but its random ctrl alt del does not open task manager Usually just freezes the computer I really just want to reinstall windows so that I don't have to wipe the hard Repair reinstall Windows 7 without using autoplay or explore.exe drive As I am unable to open folders I do not know how to back up files on my desktop that I forgot to back up and are essential Any ideas would be greatly appreciated My Repair reinstall Windows 7 without using autoplay or explore.exe only idea that I had thought of so far was using an iso file and a mounter I can install the mounter and put it on the desktop where I can open it but then I don't know how to get to the iso file I have saved If I can reach it would this work to start the process of the repair or is that not possible I know its two different things I am asking And right clicking anything causes everything to crash as well

A:Repair reinstall Windows 7 without using autoplay or explore.exe

Hi
to get your files you want you could run a live cd like ubuntu and save them to a flash drive. on some toshiba laptops you hold down the 0 key while you turn power on will get you to the recovery option to restore it back to how it came out of the box.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/384460-repair-reinstall-windows-7-without-using-autoplay-explore-exe.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2

Hi guys,

A box keeps coming up saying that activeX is not working, my email won't work unless I enter password, I can't update Java.... Windows Explorer stopped working... I know it's a lot to deal with but there are lots of problems..I know i need more RAM but...
Please help

Snow

A:activeX, email, java, windows explore

You say a 'box' tells you that ActiveX is not working. Does that box belong to Internet Explorer ? Does it say which ActiveX is not working?

Your email doesn't work without a password. Are you using an email program like Outlook or Thunderbird? Or are you using web based email like hotmail or gmail.

If you can't update Java. You can try uninstalling it. Then download the latest version and install that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/activex-email-java-windows-explore.1015220/
Relevancy 44.72%

When I open my Windows Explore in Vista by right clicking the Start button and clicking on Explore, the Navigation pane opens up with multiple folders expanded as oppose to only showing the minimum folders like only computer, C local drive , D drive and any optical drives. How can I configure my navigation pane to the most minimal folders shown?
BTW, I am working on my neighbor's computer.

A:minimize open folders in Windows Explore

To see the drives you should left click the start then left click computer

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295908-minimize-open-folders-windows-explore.html
Relevancy 44.72%

When I open Windows Explore, after about 2 seconds navigation-pane scrolls down near bottom of the navigation-pane.
Shortcut Target = C:\Windows\explorer.exe /e,C:\

Same result whether "Show all Folders" enabled or disabled.
and "SaveAs" dialog and "Browse" dialogs
Also occurs when navigating through Navigation pane with keyboard navigation keys.
I have to drag the nav-pane back up to the selected folder

EDIT: Just noticed "Organize" btn is selected in the "after" image -- not by my actions.

Thank you in advance for any help

Before + after images:

-----

SPECS
Toshiba Satellite C665
OS:= Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit), sp1 (Build 7601) OEM
UI:=Classic Shell Start + Classic Explorer

A:Navigation pane in Windows Explore unstable

I think that it is attempting to show you that it found a computer on your network.

If that is want it is doing, then I'm not sure how best to prevent that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312077-navigation-pane-windows-explore-unstable.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Could any one tell me which system files need to patch to add a background image in explorer in Windows 10 and how?????

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/48832-adding-background-image-explore-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I was innocently going through the paces on my Windows 2000 machine, when suddenly it wouldn't allow me to open my desktop folders. I'd been using the computer to play music through iTunes for about three hours before it acted up.
If I move the cursor on top of any icon on my desktop it will not open or move. Rebooting hard and hot don't change it. Trying to get into files through the task bar doesn't work. I can start Word and Word can see my files and folders, but can't manipulate or transfer them.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I was troubleshooting an Internet issue using IE 11 in Windows 2012 R2 and I clicked on restored advanced settings under Internet Options \ Advanced, the Internet explore 11 interface changed to where the menu and address bar is at the bottom. 
The above happens when I click directly on IE 11 from Windows desktop.
However, if right click and run IE 11 as a different user, IE 11 comes up with its normal interface [address bar and menu at the top]. 
How can I change it back to the original interface without having to right click and run as?
Thanks, Raed

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/965b7644-55f3-4ad3-bbbd-bcc8ad8c71f7/internet-explore-11-view-changed-in-windows-2012-r2?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 43.86%

I am running Windows XP files Windows Security explore.exe info.exe and - suspicious Alert SP and I recently started getting a window that says Windows Security Alert and it prompts me to download a spyware remover Instead I downloaded and ran SDFix per the instructions I m still getting the Windows Security Alert - suspicious files explore.exe and info.exe Alert and I no longer have access to my control panel Instead of the control panel it says Set program access and defaults When I select that I get a window that says Restrictions Contact your system administrator and there is a Security Alert icon in the lower right task bar that was not there before I was thinking about backing out whatever SDFix did so I could try some other options Windows Security Alert - suspicious files explore.exe and info.exe But I could not find instructions on how to restore the previous environment So I downloaded AVG Anti Spyware I ran the full scan which found some problem files and quarantined them The files in question explore exe info exe seem to keep reappearing I tried renaming those files but I continue to get that Alert window every minutes Please advise I will try to attach the images of the alerts that I m getting The Anti Spyware report is included below --------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------- AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report --------------------------------------------------------- Created at PM Scan result HKLM SOFTWARE McAfee com Agent Update ResultLog Log - gt Adware RogueSuspect Ignored C Documents and Settings Greg Cookies email protected txt - gt TrackingCookie Hitbox Ignored C Documents and Settings Greg Cookies email protected txt - gt TrackingCookie Hitbox Ignored C Documents and Settings Greg Cookies email protected txt - gt TrackingCookie Webtrends Ignored C Documents and Settings Greg Cookies email protected txt - gt TrackingCookie Webtrendslive Ignored C SDFix backups backups zip backups explore exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C WINDOWS SYSTEM Spywareexplore exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C WINDOWS SYSTEM explore exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C WINDOWS explore exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored Report end nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Ahh where to begin I'm working on a Gateway GT Me thinks computer specifics have no influence in my problem and it starts with a quot I cant get a dial tone quot I help. Windows Bumbing etc... Explore. crashes Panel, out! me Computer, Control Please find out later that this is a problem with the the NID on the ISP's side In troubleshooting this problem I find that everytime i try to open the control panel or computer or much of anything else for that matter Explore crashes and all i have left is an empty desktop and a cursor Sometimes Explore comes back sometimes it doesn't I've googled this problem every which way i can with no perfect fix I did manage through Control Panel, Computer, etc... crashes Windows Explore. Bumbing me out! Please help. many failed quot approches quot if you will to get into my control panel long enough to fix my internet problem I learned that the only window i could keep open without either dissapearing on me or crashing Windows Explore is Internet Explore Once there i go into my quot c windows system quot folder and Ahhhhh yesss I want to allow it to do so I created a new folder on my desktop and cut and pasted a few cpl files from system to this new folder The ones that could be pasted without giving me beef about my permissions After doing so Vista would allow me into my control panel computer network etc but if i reboot Im boned I now only have to go through the process mentiond above and go as far as open my system folder and view the files And like magic i can open my control panel computer what have you So is there anyone out there and i know you're out there cause you've helped me get this far that has a solution to end this nightmare of mine Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Control Panel, Computer, etc... crashes Windows Explore. Bumbing me out! Please help.

Have you tried disconnecting the internet cable, then checking your computer settings and error logs.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/140063-control-panel-computer-etc-crashes-windows-explore-bumbing-me-out-please-help.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Microsoft Visual C+ + at c:\windows\explore.exe  to Win8.1  adobe updated later ?

A:Microsoft Visual C+ + at c:\windows\explore.exe to Win8.1 adobe updated later

Visual C++
latest ver won't stopped the error when opening the My PC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bef7bc8c-6420-4a79-a1e8-797bbe4f85ef/microsoft-visual-c-at-cwindowsexploreexe-to-win81-adobe-updated-later?forum=ieitprocurrentver