Windows Support Forum

Cannot boot computer no matter what I do.

Q: Cannot boot computer no matter what I do.

My computer will not boot no matter what I do I don't know what kind of information you need to try and help but I'll give you the information I can think of Let what do. boot matter no computer Cannot I me know if you need anything else I have an Acer Aspire T running Windows It brings me to the screen that says there was a problem with the start up and gives me the option to start it normally or run a start up repair The regular boot obviously doesn't work - it just loops around and Cannot boot computer no matter what I do. restarts and does the same thing The start up repair doesn't work either - it loads files and then brings it to what looks like the default desktop background and doesn't move from there It doesn't work starting it up in any of the safe modes - it just loops around again and brings it back to the start up fail screen again Starting it up at the last known working configuration does the same thing If I go for eRecovery it brings up the screen and says quot Please wait a moment quot and just stays there indefinitely I have the repair discs but when I start it up with those it just brings me to Cannot boot computer no matter what I do. the eRecovery which still doesn't load I'm kind of at the end of my rope here I've resorted to sending it in for repair but I won't be able to do Cannot boot computer no matter what I do. that until I'm home from vacation in a week I was wondering if there was ANYTHING else I could try before then I'm at a complete loss

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot boot computer no matter what I do.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot boot computer no matter what I do.

Hi theonewithkatie and welcome to Seven Forums!

Do you have a Windows 7 disc or only Acer discs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/178774-cannot-boot-computer-no-matter-what-i-do.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I was working on my computer earlier today and suddenly found that I couldnt interact with any of my programs. I could click on them in the Taskbar and they would come up, but when I tried to click on anything within the programs they would act as if I had a different program selected. I saved my work and restarted my computer.

Now every time I try to start my computer, I get to a loooooong "Starting Windows" screen, and if I sit through it (5-10 minutes) I get to a black screen with a cursor where I can't do anything. Startup Repair doesn't work. Safe mode doesn't work. Low resolution mode doesn't work. Taking out the battery and putting it back doesn't work. I'm running out of options. Help???

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 running Windows 7.

A:Computer will not boot no matter what

The HDD may be corrupted or failing. Do you have a Windows disc?
You can download the ISO image for Seatools, and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn or to USB Flash with SeaFlash, all available in my signature. Boot off of the newly created media and run the Short and Long Diagnostic tests. If either test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-will-not-boot-no-matter-what-1112505.html
Relevancy 64.93%

few days ago a trojan virus got into my computer making annoying pop-ups going on everytime i go no computer boot, what! wont matter on computer wont boot, no matter what! internet i managed to get rid of it but by doing so i brought another virus i dont remember the name doesn't matter now which corrupted windows internet explorer i couldn't use it and it said some files were computer wont boot, no matter what! damaged since i never used internet explorer and the virus was only in there not in mozila or chrom i deleted it now here is the interesting part it asked computer wont boot, no matter what! to restart the computer in order to make all the changes the computer failed at restarting properly i can now no longer open my computer in any modes safe with last known good settings nothing my dad and i tried to repair windows with the CD but it doesn't seem to work i really need help getting my computer back i have projects in it which are all due sometimes this week even if you read this after this week HELP ME its never too late to give good advices

A:computer wont boot, no matter what!

Hello ndru

It seems that either the virus destroyed system files or you deleted them along with the virus.

What is the error message you are getting?
Are you told there are missing files?

Quote:

my dad and i tried to repair windows with the CD

You have to change the boot up order in the BIOS to make the CD drive first to boot.

Try the following and see what happens
Configure your PC to boot from CD if it isn't already set up that way. You may need to enter the BIOS to configure the PC to boot from the CD.
Set the boot order to
Floppy (if present)
CDROM
Hard Disk
SAVE and EXIT

Start your PC with the XP Setup CD in the drive. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD..." prompt, do so and let the CD-based boot process begin.

When the Recovery Console option is offered ("Press R to start the Recovery Console"), do so. You may be asked which Windows installation to enter, in which case type the number of the Windows installation you wish to work on (usually "1").

When prompted, enter the Administrator's password for that Windows installation. If you did not set a password just press ENTER

At the command prompt, type
Bootcfg /Rebuild
ENTER

The exact wording will depend on your setup, but after a few moments you'll see a prompt that says something like:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add Installation To Boot List?

Assuming the information you see is correct, enter
Y
Bootcfg will start the process of rebuilding the boot list to include the indicated Windows installation

After a moment, you'll be asked to "Enter Load Identifier."
This is the name of the operating system that will appear in boot menus.
Type
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
or
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
(whichever your system is)
ENTER
Next you'll be asked to "Enter OS Load Options."
For normal installations, enter
/Fastdetect
ENTER

Type
Exit
to leave the Recovery Console and reboot the PC

Note
If this does not help, it will not do any more harm either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-boot-no-matter-what-474399.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So basically my comp goes to blue screen saying it's found a virus and must shut down each time I try booting (safe mode, last config, normal mode, etc)The possible reason is: This: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_y...04180710AAJjwJpI took their advice. I found only the process personalguard.exe on Task Manager, so I ended it. Then I did msconfig, ticked safe mode>networking. hit apply. It said something about I must be an Administrator to do this. But it turned off anyways and upon restart the Blue screen comes up. And from then on the blue screen comes up when I try to turn it on.Help!

A:Computer BSODs every time I try to boot it no matter what I do

Ah, BSODs are extremely frustrating. First, don't go insane about it and kick your computer like some people do! Relax and try to find a fix...

Anyways, do you have the original Windows XP disc? If you do, you can do a recover install to repair the basic files needed to be loaded in order for the computer to boot properly. Please let me know and I can help you further

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269277/computer-bsods-every-time-i-try-to-boot-it-no-matter-what-i-do/
Relevancy 52.89%

A friend of my mother's asked me to look at her computer as she was having issues with it Well I got everything back up and working and then did updates to Windows SP etc In the midst of installing some of these updates after SP my child yanked the power cord out of the wall and down I went When I went to reboot I was given the option of Safe Mode etc but selected to boot normally The XP logo came up and was fine but then it went to a black screen and STAYED there No white cursor nothing UGH So I went to boot again When given the same option I tried safe mode Well I didn't get a black screen but I got a string of DOS lines one after the other just sitting on the screen I mean line after line filled the screen The REALLY horrible part about this is there is no XP disc for this I asked my mother's friend about this and she claims that when she bought the computer from Wal-Mart HP it didn't come with any CDs I find that hard to believe but whatever SOOO now I have no XP NO won't MATTER boot WHAT! HELP! idea what to do XP won't boot NO MATTER WHAT! HELP! I mean I do have my own Dell EOM CD for XP but I can't use that to try and fix this can I It is just like NOTHING I do is working The computer is free of an virus activity spyware etc I took all of that out Help

A:XP won't boot NO MATTER WHAT! HELP!

Quote:

my child yanked the power cord out of the wall and down I went

i think you are going to have to take the side off and check for any loose connections. make sure if theres a video card that its seated properly .
if you have no success, unplug it and pop the battery out for at least 20 minutes to reset the cmos.
you might need to tweak the bios setup options afterwards.

goodluck and post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-boot-no-matter-what-help-67299.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey there I m helping a friend out with an older pc they just bought It s a home-made job but it seems no what help! matter Can't try boot i from please cd - to run alright Can't boot from cd no matter what i try - please help! It s got Windows ME on it now mb of ram I m trying to wipe the hard drive and install Windows XP Professional SP I ve done this many times before but I ve never run into this problem Even though I went into the BIOS and told it to boot from CD first it won t do it I ve double and triple-checked the BIOS to make sure it says quot CD quot as the first boot device but POST just skips right over it and boots the hateful Windows ME I ve swapped out the CD drive with a few others to make sure it wasn t a bad CD drive I even switched the ribbon cables around so it would boot off of the nd CD connectors rather that the first in case that was the problem But no matter what I try it just keeps booting into Windows ME and never booting to the CD The CD light comes on and off so I know it s getting power I reset the BIOS to quot failsafe quot and then told it to boot to CD first but still no luck I know the CD is good by the way because I tested it on another PC I even tried using a different hard drive to see if that might be the problem Can anyone help me to figure out what might be causing this Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I m not sure if this is a software or a hardware problem probably both My hard drive is full of viruses and my computer won t boot from my XP cd so I can format the thing It searches the boot record for a sec doesn t finds anything and then goes on loading windows what. boot Windows matter no CD won't I used the same cd for years and It succesfully booted on another persons laptop last week here s what i ve tried so far set BIOS to prioritize my dvd writer bought a new DVDrw thinking it was that no difference tried to copy my xp cd contents on my flash drive using Winflash i got a Debug trap when i tried to boot tried to make an MSDOS bootable flash drive using another utility but I get a Disk I O error after i restart NOTES whenever i instert my windows CD Windows CD won't boot no matter what. i get what looks like an empty cd but the autorun works and the contents seem to be there Second note I tried to boot without my hdd just to see what happens It searches for the boot record doesn t finds anything wrote Boot failure Reboot and select proper boot device I hit a key it then finds the boot record and attempts to load the setup program But it immedietely crashes and reads TRAP Debug Trap with a long list of indecipherable code after that Same result with my Winflash attempt i mentioned before i have a yr old ASROCK motherboard AGP with gb ddr ram md ddr video card a gb SATA HD and a very old AMD chipset my harddrive is on pri Master and my DVDrw is on sec Master my BIOS version is a Third note- I use a USB keyboard Before i used a PS keyboard Should that count for anything getting really desperate as you can tell nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I am trying to fix my friends computer and it won t boot into windows all When I try to start it normally it goes to the start up menu and I select start windows normallyand then it sits there and eventually it says Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system ntoskrnl exe But when I select safe mode into Won't boot what! no matter windows I get multi disk rdisk partition windows system ntoskrnl Won't boot into windows no matter what! exe at the bottom of the start op menu screen Won't boot into windows no matter what! I tried to use the xp disk to do Won't boot into windows no matter what! a repair or a install but when i get to the press any key to boot from cd all I get is a gray screen the disk does spin for seconds or so then it stops The computer is a dell Inspiron laptop Here is a link for the spec s quot http reviews cnet com laptops dell-inspiron- -for - - html tag mncolBtm rnav Thanks for the help Happy Thanksgiving nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everyone I have been searching the past few days for a solution to this problem and everything I've tried has come up empty so I'm reaching out for some specific help Here's my story I did a clean computer build a few months ago and installed Windows won't I boot Windows try. matter no what Ultimate bit at the time It has been running just fine until very recently even though I have not installed anything new Windows won't boot no matter what I try. in quite some time When I boot up normally-it hangs on the quot Starting windows quot screen with the logo indefinitely and the HDD indicator light stays lit up not flashing When I boot up in safe mode-it stops at classPNP sys a common stopping point I guess and never goes any further When I try to boot from CD to repair-it just kicks me to quot Starting windows quot screen again When I try to repair from advanced boot options-it takes me to a black screen with the cursor I have had exactly instances of it crashing and shutting down and some hanging on shut down but this is new I figure I need to do some serious registry fixing I just need to get there If someone could offer some guidance I would be so grateful as I work on that PC If you need any more information I will be happy to provide what I can Edit In what appears to be a stroke of luck it booted up I downloaded and ran Free Windows Registry Repair and haven't done anything else But I am booted up and won't shut down for now

A:Windows won't boot no matter what I try.

Nevermind, desktop... Clean build. Have you tried clearing the CMOS? How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/220814-windows-wont-boot-no-matter-what-i-try.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi new here I am in a desperate situation right now with my laptop This is what is happening -Windows Vista will boot but crash shortly afterwards or in most cases it won't boot at all -I can't restore because I have nowhere to restore from -I tried system repair what... no laptop won't matter on Vista boot my -I've scanned for virus with different softwares at least times -I've installed clean Vista won't boot on my laptop no matter what... copy of Vista almost times now and after installing few programs and drivers it will crash again -I can only operate the system on safe mode From what I've gathered over the past week I'm almost sure that it has something to do with the drivers But then again I'm not an expert so I don't know for sure These are the lines from my bootlog Did not load driver hal inf acpiapic devicedesc ACPI x -based PC Did not load driver cpu inf intelppm devicedesc Intel Processor Did not load driver cpu inf intelppm devicedesc Intel Processor Did not load driver battery Vista won't boot on my laptop no matter what... inf acpi acpi devicedesc Microsoft AC Adapter Did not load driver battery inf acpi pnp c a devicedesc Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Let me also note that I use a program called LG Smart Update which came with my laptop that installs programs and drivers Thanks in advanced for any help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-boot-on-my-laptop-no-matter-what-426638.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I will try to explain as detailed as possible I was trying to remove system try boot Windows no matter options 7 I what will NOT fix check on a friends computer as a few of them had recently gotten the virus upon which i was able to remove successfully When I received this computer I correctly removed system fix check from the computer but there were several other viruses hanging about Not being familiar with them after running SuperAntiSpyware i believe was the name I then installed Avast which ran a complete scan and found viruses considered to be a serious threat I opted Windows 7 will NOT boot no matter what options I try to delete them as they did not appear to be system files and avast promptly asked me if i would like to run a boot time scan or boot scan to which i replied quot yes quot at it found or claimed to have found a virus in C hp bin endprocess exe and listed several options next to deleted it said recommended so I chose that option I don t know why the name and location stuck out to me as it was am and I was really not paying attention giving complete control to avast well the scan continued after these finding several files and by its own choice deleting them it reached around and the screen went black since then i am stuck in a loop and the computer will NOT reboot i have tried restore to a previously known stable state safe mode repair recovery even the windows advanced recovery option for processors or something like that and it will appear to be starting but nothing ever does i either get the quot starting windows quot black screen and then goes to black or reboots to launch system repair then i try to power down and f for yet another option and i have tried everything nothing seems to work this is a compaq presario and the recovery disc is located on the d drive and the owner bought from best buy without recovery disc or software PLEASE HELP I don t know what i have done and can t think of any other way other than dos and i don t even know if thats still an option and its been over years since i had to do anything in dos mode

A:Windows 7 will NOT boot no matter what options I try

I've put in a request for assistance by placing it on the list we maintain for systems which are unbootable due to malware. Some one will assist you as quickly as possible .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439320/windows-7-will-not-boot-no-matter-what-options-i-try/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys I appreciate you for looking at my problem here Here s what happened I reformat my computer to give to my little brother I put to (no boot Windows matter what) REFUSES in Windows REFUSES to boot (no matter what) XP I put in all the drivers and all is fine and dandy until he realizes I forgot the Audigy driver sound card I try downloading the driver but alas it says it s incompatible with anything lower than Vista and thus I finally find the CD and pop it in Application says it can t detect Windows REFUSES to boot (no matter what) my sound card uhhhmm and doesn t load the driver but instead starts installing Windows REFUSES to boot (no matter what) Creative Media I can t find the exit button or cancel button and so I turn off my computer instead intent on fixing the sound card issue before installing Creative Media Computer won t boot Windows It goes through the Bios screen my RAID screen and finally to my device screen Then when it SHOULD show the windows screen it just goes all black No matter how long I let it sit I tried booting from a XP startup disc a XP CD I tried booting with the onboard soundcard turned off just in case and in the end I put in a startup disc so I could try to get in to DOS DOS went in tried to format C from there thinking that the shutdown must have corrupted a Windows file but it couldn t do it I can t go to safe mode or recovery mode because it won t even get to the Windows loading screen When the screen is black you hear all fans and all lights are still on Is my problem the HDD Did I corrupt something Or judging by things going would you say it s something else Please help I don t know what to do nbsp

A:Windows REFUSES to boot (no matter what)

just in case , remove sound card physically before continuing

am guessing that you are putting xp on a vista machine??? yes? if so your vista machine may not be xp compatable especially the drives (sata controller)

if my guess is ttoally wrong you could format the HDD in another comp then reinstall it back to yours

could try http://www.killdisk.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-refuses-to-boot-no-matter-what.949223/
Relevancy 51.6%

The Laptop is Tshiba satellite A S I wanted to do a fresh installation of windows and started the process of booting from CD and installed halfway would from My boot what! laptop not no Toshiba CD matter through the process then after the restart of the system it notified me that it does not support bit windows My mistake was selecting bit instead of or something I know my laptop is older and thought is too much and selected not knowing the basically is bit Then I bought Win XP cd and tried to go through the process again It went fine until restart and after restart nothing happens I installed Windows Several times My Toshiba laptop would not boot from CD no matter what! mine and others and I know after the first portion of DOS installation it restarts and continues Now Nothing is going on - just a slightly dim screen I changed the boot sequence and make it to boot from CD but no matter what the system ignores the setting and starts My Toshiba laptop would not boot from CD no matter what! from hard disk Now even the previous WIn and Win xp partial installations went on only after I try to boot from CD some times It seems the CD drive is faulty but whn I remove the hard disk and try to boot from CD it successfully boots from CD immediately What can be wrong with my system I tried several things even connecting hard drive externally with an adaptor enclosure the system tells me that I can not use that drive bla bla Ok I also tried Flop boot manager It goes some distance and after detecting the flash drive freezes Then I said why not clone the operating system on the hard drive and fix this thing I culd nt find an appication that copies only the OS Operating System Now it seems that I am out of options Any suggestion is appreciated

A:My Toshiba laptop would not boot from CD no matter what!

I couldn't clone the whole of hard drive (another laptop's) due to space limitation. I can if I format it but it has a number of files important.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530246/my-toshiba-laptop-would-not-boot-from-cd-no-matter-what/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello there I don't know if this is the right place but here it is I've been having getting keeps hot Computer what super matter no this problem with my computer for Computer keeps getting super hot no matter what some months now He keeps getting too hot and then turns off I use msi afterburner to monitor my temperature and when I play some game or watch something in p my CPU temperature rises up to degrees celsius and then turns off Here to the specs My motherboard is a msi FXA-GD My video is a GeForce GTX My processor is a Corsair CX I recently bought a new cooler a Cooler Master Blizzard T but it has not improved my situation not even a little bit and I already use the force fan control that MSI offers Even then it is not enough I know my cooler isn't the most modern but it is one of the best available here in my small town in Brazil So that said I wonder if anyone know a way to help me Me wants some games Thank you

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129752-computer-keeps-getting-super-hot-no-matter-what.html
Relevancy 49.45%

will it effect anything if i scan my pc and play and download at the same time

A:does it matter if i do something do on the computer while it scans

It will maybe effect the speed is all.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/does-it-matter-if-i-do-something-do-on-the-computer-while-it-scans-467353.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Excuse my way of wording this but honestly No matter what I do to this computer it seems to find some damn reason to shut itself off due to some happy this never do, matter just I with is computer it... what No heat issue it's experiencing I have tried gt lowering the clock No matter what I do, this computer is just never happy with it... on the CPU via the BIOS which didn't seem to help much at all gt lowering the clock on the GPU all that did was cause my screen to obtain a beautiful rainbow pattern then my computer shut down then my GPU reset it's own settings gt tried increasing fan speeds but even at - it barely prevents shutdowns gt Put it in an area where it has absolute maximum airflow where NOTHING is restricted and it had literally no effect whatsoever gt Changed cooling fluid that didn't do anything to the heat problem gt Changed fans and added more than I originally had didn't solve the problem in fact it only successfully reduced the overall temperatures by C And I'm not even running these games on any sort of quot high definition quot settings I'm running them on the absolute minimum something this computer should have absolutely no problems with It also doesn't help that now it's experiencing lag issues on almost every game again on low settings even though it SHOULD be No matter what I do, this computer is just never happy with it... having no problems whatsoever especially on low So should I even bother trying to get this thing to be pleased with all the BS I've gone through to get it to function half-decent or just throw it in the trash I'm seriously considering just forgetting about game development my intended career and going for something else PCs are too damn prissy I've had issues with every single one that I've ever owned it's either too slow or too dated or in this one's case too hot all the time for seemingly no reason whatsoever other than just to do it I honestly don't understand how people get their PCs to just magically run absolutely perfect without issues like what I always seem to deal with I'm using the same parts if not better than what most people use and yet I seem to run into issues that almost no one seems to have

A:No matter what I do, this computer is just never happy with it...

What are your temps at idle, and under load?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318682-no-matter-what-i-do-computer-just-never-happy.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I ve recently re-built bios no matter to keeps computer booting do what I my computer using computer keeps booting to bios no matter what I do my old Mobo GPU and CPU I ve since added new additions such as more ram and a brand spanking new terbyte HDD After a quick installation of Crunchbanh Linux when computer keeps booting to bios no matter what I do it rebooted it kept rebooting to BIOS I thought maybe it was my keyboard so I changed my keyboards to another one lying around Unfortunately It didn t change a thing I ve tried to change some bios settings to get it to work but keeps booting automatically to bios I ve tried to change the boot order to my hard drive but all I get is the blinking command line and it instead boots to BIOS again I ve also tried installing other OSs deleting the partition and reinstalling and even changing the SATA port it was on port when I had this problem but plugging it into port didn t do a thing I ve been able to boot Hiren s boot cd using my usb since I don t have an optical drive But since I m not very tech savvy I have no idea what to do I tried booting to the partition where my OS was installed but it didn t seem to work I m currently posting this using the live seesion of Crunchbang running off my USB Thanks for reading and hopefully fast reply nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all first Post my name is Doug I live in Kalamazoo and I am a Real Estate Broker I consider myself pretty proficient in computers and I always try to sort things out first before bothering others with my issues But I am at a very frustrating loss here Actually this is my second post my first post didn't publish because my computer hung and then I had to do a hard reset just to get back here Pretty ironic My computer keeps crashing no matter what I do If it is not crashing it slows down Here is the report from Speccy http speccy piriform com results IIEMzRNpNZ v MvLIzOuD I also attached the results from MiniToolBox I will paste the results as well at the end for those who do not like to open attachments OK this is what I have done so far Microsoft Security Essentials scanned with no results then uninstalled Spybot scanned then uninstalled Malewarebytes scanned still resident on computer CCleaner scanned repaired still resident on computer Avast Free- scanned several results repaired then uninstalled Bitdefender Total scanned several results repaired Did all the optimizations the software suite had Wise Registry Cleaner Wise Care Defragged Hard Drive Defragged Registry Deleted all temp files and everything else Cleared cache from I Computer constantly what no crashes, matter do... Chrome back to the beginning of Computer constantly crashes, no matter what I do... time Replaced the cable to my hard drive in case it was bad also switched the port Computer constantly crashes, no matter what I do... it was plugged into Cleaned all dust from all fans Verified all cables are seated tightly Lovely my computer just hung again for minutes MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Douglas Post administrator on - - at Running from C Users Douglas Post Desktop Utilities Mini Tool Box Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none fa ac ac manifest Error in manifest or policy file C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none Computer constantly crashes, no matter what I do... fa ac ac manifest on line C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none fa ac ac manifest A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active Conflicting components are Component C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none fa ac ac manifest Component C Windows WinSxS manifests x microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none e e bd f b manifest Error PM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none fa ac ac manifest Error in manifest or policy file C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none fa ac ac manifest on line C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none fa ac ac manifest A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active Conflicting components are Component C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none fa ac ac manifest Component C Windows WinSxS manifests x microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none e e bd f b manifest Error AM Source Application Hang User Description The program worldoftanks exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID Start Time d b b Termination Time Application Path C Games World of Tanks worldoftanks exe Report Id e - fa - e -a c- fba efd Error PM Source nlsX cc User Description Stop request seennlsX cc error Error PM Source VSS User Description Volume Shadow Copy Ser... Read more

A:Computer constantly crashes, no matter what I do...

Looking at other posts it was recommended to install Hard Disk Sentinel.

Performance was 100% Excellent
Health 68% Good
Temperature 43 Degrees Celsius

Results:
The drive found 2 bad sectors during its self test.
Problems occurred during the spin up of the disk 4 times. This can be caused by the disk itself or huge power load (weak power supply).
There are 2 weak sectors found on the disk surface. They may be remapped any time in the later use of the disk.
8505 errors occured during data transfer. This may indicate problem of the device or with data/power cables. It is recommended to examine and replace the cables if possible.
At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.
It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.
It is recommended to continuously monitor the hard disk status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563780/computer-constantly-crashes-no-matter-what-i-do/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been reading in the forums on any help to remove viruses from my computer When I have SD tea time activated it keeps blocking registry changes and when I do a virus scan it states that there is a virus but does not remove it It just comes back matter no remove I viruses from what Cannot try! computer over and over again From what Ive been reading is to do a scan with hijack this and save a log file so here it is edited by Moderator It s much too hard to read the HJT log posted in CODE tags so I have edited and removed the tags please just br post any logs in the future by copy paste directly to the reply no tagging is needed here Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP Cannot remove viruses from computer no matter what I try! WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Cannot remove viruses from computer no matter what I try! exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe Cannot remove viruses from computer no matter what I try! C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C windows system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINDOWS System imapi exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C windows system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATISched EXE C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings User Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchAssistant http search microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride windowsupdate microsoft com windowsupdate com download microsoft com codecs microsoft com activex microsoft com search netscape com sitefinder verisign com localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www mytelus com quot C Documents and Settings User Application Data Mozilla Profiles default nkwnoff slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings User Application Data Mozilla Profiles default nkwnoff slt prefs js O - HKLM Run CrazyTalk Serve rundll exe C windows System CrazyTalk dll DllServeMediaFile O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run IntelliType quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run ATI Scheduler C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATISched EXE O - HKCU Run ATI DeviceDetect C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Plugin for exe C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npdap dll O - Plugin for rar C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npdap dll O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Plugin for zip C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npdap dll O - DPF Yahoo Chat - http us chat yimg com us yimg com i chat applet c chat cab O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows G... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

I know i have a small amount of ram but i m thinking i might have a virus I ran HiJackThis and was wondering if anyone could look over my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform My computer i to matter no slow run continues what do Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system My computer continues to run slow no matter what i do services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe My computer continues to run slow no matter what i do C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files LSI SoftModem agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder My computer continues to run slow no matter what i do exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator YOUR- E F E D Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www daemon-search com startpage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http update spysubtract com spuninstall php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-continues-to-run-slow-no-matter-what-i-do.881865/
Relevancy 48.59%

Just bought a new rig specs as follows -ASUS P LD Deluxe Socket T LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard -Windows XP Professional - gig DDR pin SDRAM - D Fuzion Geforce GTX DFW GTX Video Card -Western Digital Caviar RE WD YR GB RPM MB Cache Serial ATA RAID -Intel New matter Boots, died seconds of Computer then after Pentium D MHz FSB LGA Dual Core EM T Processor I New Computer Boots, then died after matter of seconds ve checked it out and have found no compatibility issues so I m especially stumped on the problem at hand I hit the power button and the computer starts up fine ASUS screen comes up I can hit Delete to enter bios but after about seconds or shorter the more I try to start it up it will shut down I get one beep from my motherboard before the ASUS screen which my manual says could be one of the following issues Keyboard controller error Refresh Time error No master drive detected Everything is set up correctly and the computer acts as if it will start up fine just doesnt Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

To begin I'm a computer noobie And I have a brand new rig built from scratch and it's only starts of a BSOD's up. minutes in as soon matter computer as the - rd day and I'm getting all these kinds of BSOD's It was running perfectly fine then it started crashing All my drivers are up to date and my Windows Update cannot update the Cumulative Security Update Security Update for MS NET Framework on W and updates for Win for x systems BSOD's in a matter of minutes as soon as computer starts up. I'm super frustrated and I have no idea how to fix my BSOD's issues I have tried a lot of the basic solutions but nothing is working I have not yet to reformat everything to the very beginning nor have I re-installed Win because I do not know how to do it HELP Specs Win bit Full Retail ASRock Extreme AMD Phenom II X T BE G Skill Sniper GB RAM EVGA GTX TI SC TB Seagate Barracuda Corsair w HX Professional Series ASUS CD DVD Drive EDIT Sorry about that Here is my attached file

A:BSOD's in a matter of minutes as soon as computer starts up.

Hello seanswlee. Welcome to Seven Forums. We would like to be able to assist you. But first, we need a few things from you.

Please follow this guide. It will help you get the information we need to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228625-bsods-matter-minutes-soon-computer-starts-up.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi For the past few months my computer doing! Please Computer matter (lags) help am [SOLVED] spikes what no I has been getting short spikes where the screen will freeze for a second or so For example if I am watching a video on youtube it will load fine however every minute or so it will freeze for a split second only the image not audio Also when I am playing Warcraft online again every minute or so it will lag for a - seconds Basically no matter what I am doing the screen will get these short spikes Below is an image of 'performance' in task manager The only process running at the time was Internet Explorer surfing youtube why the heck does it spike so high when all I am doing is using youtube or facebook or any website My computer model is a HP Pavilion a a purchased about years ago [SOLVED] Computer spikes (lags) no matter what I am doing! Please help From my knowledge which is very limited this computer is not that great and uses relatively old technology There is no graphics card - only an quot integrated family chipset quot Please note though in the past I had no problems playing Warcraft online or watching youtube except that maybe the graphics were not top notch Recently I upgraded to GB RAM from GB This made some improvements to my system such as Programs would open faster [SOLVED] Computer spikes (lags) no matter what I am doing! Please help using the windows key to minimise a game became instantaneous before it would take a while to close the window and vice versa reopening it and I could have more IE tabs open at once without alot of lag However More RAM did not make the spikes go away I have run AVG which has not found any viruses Some last notes there are no processess I dont know about running in the backround I have checked task manager What ever process is running IE mozilla google chorme will spike up to CPU usage sometimes Oh and I have Vista which is probably the problem haha I suspect that it is either a problem with software on my CPU or my wireless connection to the router in my home My knowledge of computers is very limited [SOLVED] Computer spikes (lags) no matter what I am doing! Please help I wish I knew more so please bear with me Thank you in advance to anyone that helps

A:[SOLVED] Computer spikes (lags) no matter what I am doing! Please help

Have you tired a diffrent moniter?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-spikes-lags-no-matter-what-i-am-doing-please-help-558799.html
Relevancy 48.59%

We have a domain user that freezes up whenever he is in the middle of something. There doesn't seem to be a pattern as far as what he is doing when this happens. He has tried switched to several different computers and it does the exact same thing, while other users have no problems on any of these computers. Any suggestions? We use Windows 7 Professional and Server 2008 R2.

A:Domain user is freezing up no matter what computer he is on.

In Active Directory on Server compare this user with other users. Are they a part of any Groups, or Objects that are different? Does the user have a Roaming Profile? (eg) they have the same profile on whatever computer they use, Email, My Documents etc?
Do they have mapped network drives that are no longer active? Right click on My Computer and choose Disconnect Network Drive, see if the path of the drive is current or not. If not, disconnect it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/domain-user-is-freezing-up-no-matter-what-computer-he-is-on-703115.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there recently I've been having trouble with Windows wanting to switch me out of Aero mode no matter what Aero Computer matter no Basic to from Switching what? I've attempted to do to fix it I've tried numerous things such as switching it manually using the command prompt - net stop uxsms net start uxsms which may work for a few seconds but then immediately switches back to basic I've also tried additions in the regedit as I've found some people have had success with it online but it has not been fixed so far I've tried playing with the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager entry with Services msc and the same issue with the command prompt fix happens It simply returns to basic a few seconds after In performance options I've switched Visual Effects to Custom with all options on as well as trying best appearance Troubleshooting Aero also does nothing I don't think it is an issue with my hardware as it performs pretty well when it comes to gaming on newer titles which I do regularly Are there any ideas as to how to fix this or prevent windows from switching out constantly Is it a bug Computer Switching from Aero to Basic no matter what? with Computer Switching from Aero to Basic no matter what? a driver perhaps Any help would be very much appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Computer Switching from Aero to Basic no matter what?

I would try System Restore to before the problem occurred.

TsVk!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596216/computer-switching-from-aero-to-basic-no-matter-what/
Relevancy 47.73%

Every time I start up my computer it is perfectly fine but a few freezes what after a matter mode minutes no few normal in Computer minutes in no matter what I am doing it will freeze for about a second and then a minute later it will freeze again and sometimes my programs freeze and I just Computer freezes after a few minutes in normal mode no matter what can't do anything and sometimes my mouse freezes too After this I am forced to force-shutdown my computer because it never unfreezes However when this started happening about a Computer freezes after a few minutes in normal mode no matter what week ago I don't think I had downloaded anything new Computer freezes after a few minutes in normal mode no matter what for days I looked through my startup programs as well as services EVERY SINGLE SERVICE but none of them seem to be the problem The strangest thing is I ran tons of virus scans while in safe mode and they all came out perfectly clean My computer works absolutely fine in safe mode but I would like to be able to actually run it normally for more info and logs please check out my comment on this forum I switched to techsupportforum after days of no help on computerhope hxxp www computerhope com forum index php topic Here is my DDs log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by STILLR at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Business GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware enabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Users user AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users user AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users user AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users user AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users user AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe D My Files Virus Protection dds dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll uRun Picasa Media Detector c program files picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide mRun RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun IndicatorUtility c program files fujitsu fujitsu hotkey utility IndicatorUty exe mRun LoadFUJ E c program files fujitsu fuj e FUJ E exe mRun SSUtility c program files fujitsu ssutility FJSSDMN exe mRun RemoteControl quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd PDVDServ exe quot mRun LanguageShortcut quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd language Language exe quot mRun FJUPDNV Chitose c program files fujitsu fjdvrupd updatenv exe mRun ATSwpNav quot c program files finger... Read more

A:Computer freezes after a few minutes in normal mode no matter what

Welcome to TSF :)

Actually sounds like your hard drive might have some errors on it.

Go to Start ---> Run ---> Type the following chkdsk c: /f

You will probably be prompted to reboot to allow it to run at reboot. Let me know if it was successful.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/computer-freezes-after-a-few-minutes-in-normal-mode-no-matter-what-496566.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Frequently people use the phrase quot common sense quot when talking about computer security issues quot common sense quot dictates one shouldn t visit websites advertised or otherwise made known to be malicious or avenues for distributing malware quot common sense quot dictates one shouldn t necessarily believe everything received via e-mail yet many people recirculate messages with the same hoaxes well documented on Snopes Are they not using quot common sense quot or do they simply quot don t know quot Does quot common sense quot really factor in with computer security or is it more of matter of education A number of computer users simply don t know what s up with viruses malware firewalls anti-this and anti-that Some people want to use their computer as a tool and aren t interested in becoming a quot security expert quot or anything nor should they have to be IMO So how does using quot common sense quot factor in with computer security vs quot education quot if someone simply doesn t know does that mean they aren t using quot common sense quot Peace nbsp

A:Computer Security: a matter of common sense, education, or both?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-security-a-matter-of-common-sense-education-or-both.909574/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everybody What's a nice day I'm glad to see you etc Yesterday evening my main browser Comodo Dragon coudn't catch the connection to Internet in spite of the fact my laptop 'said' it was connected I tried Internet Explorer - and there wasn't any problem But after using Internet Explorer jammed so hard that I had to turn off my laptop and turn on again After - minutes the same situation So I turned off and turned on - and the same again But there was a catch I coudn't turn on it after turning off While I was trying to turn on it system told me about problems with Windows and maybe with volumes So i doesn't Problem operating the which turning computer, system on with matter turned off and turned on again There was a grey screen And no way to reach the Windows I took my battery of the laptop waited minutes and tried to run my laptop Grey screen I went to bed Today the same situation So I tried with Linux pendrive but Linux Mint had also Problem with turning on the computer, doesn't matter which operating system some problems so the problem isn't only in Windows I guess I took of the pendrive with Linux and turn on the computer again grey screen So I did what I was able to do Because I'm a woman I started to click all the keys on keybord Nothing special So I retried and Windows ran Now Comodo Dragon is working despite not working yesterday I don't know why did it happen Something like DDoS or breaking into the computer I thought like that because of overloaded browsers I checked ip from which was the last logging in and It was mine Where's the problem I don't want to ignore it because any problem with a computer means it's something wrong Windows Linux Mint New Laptop new operating system I bought it about months ago

A:Problem with turning on the computer, doesn't matter which operating system

Alright can you describe the grey screen are there words, errors , your mouse cursor on the screen or is it just a plain Grey screen. I don't think this is a ddos attack if it was you should call you local authorities as it is illegal. Now try to run malwarebytes antimalware and it should pop up with a screen saying if you want to start a trial for 14 days if you don't want to just select no (gives you the exact same scanning ability) and then update your database and run a threat scan tell me what it finds and after that run a full scan with your antivirus and tell me what it finds.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559580/problem-with-turning-on-the-computer-doesnt-matter-which-operating-system/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Compaq WF 1907 monitor that has just started displaying "Input signal out of range change settings to 1440x900-60hz" then goes to sleep. Have hooked it up to two different desktops with same result. Have tried the factory reset option on monitor itself with no luck. Everything is clear in background other than message. Scratching my head on this one, please help

A:compaq WF1907 monitor keeps saying input signal out of range no matter what computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-wf1907-monitor-keeps-saying-input-signal-out-of-range-no-matter-what-computer.982653/
Relevancy 46.44%

No matter what option i pick in the safe mode list, the computer will not start. when i choose any of the safe modes, (safe mode, safe mode with networking etc) the computer displays a list of random commands (i dont understand any of it) and then restarts. If I try to Start Windows Normally, or use last settings that worked, it seems to start loading, and then restarts.

Any ideas? - thanks

A:safe mode options screen, no matter what is chosen, computer restarts - any ideas?

your system files seem to have gone gronky. Try to boot of your os cd and do a repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-mode-options-screen-no-matter-what-is-chosen-computer-restarts-any-ideas.159265/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi i'm clearly new here and was hopping to get some thoughts.I was told that a strong enough magnet would disrupt my wireless cam and was wondering if that was true?

A:Help on this matter

Hello and welcome to TSG.
Well im no expert on magnets or magnetism, but as far as i am aware anything to do with magnets (either natural, manufactured or electromagnetic), and anything electrical should always be avoided as much as possible. Even such minor things as "coiling up" excess cables can effectively turn themselves into electromagnets and thus disrupt electrical fields. So i would say yes it is possible. Whether the magnetic field disrupts the actual signal or the cam itself, i cannot say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-this-matter.900564/
Relevancy 36.98%

as for (set as active ) please look at my last thread ( http://www.sevenforums.com/newthread...newthread&f=46 )
my question is >> how could i solve this problem ?

A:what is matter

we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/328921-what-matter.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello everyone I m having a bit of trouble with Windows XP Yes? It No? Matter? Does as you have probably guessed It all started a couple of months ago when I had to reinstall Windows XP from disk completly formatting my drive Yes? No? Does It Matter? due to Windows becoming slow virii getting in etc So I Yes? No? Does It Matter? reinstalled The install was successful and for a while I didnt have any problems Then one day when I booted up my computer Windows went to the welcome screen and displayed a blank dialog box No text on the top no content it only had two buttons quot Yes quot and Yes? No? Does It Matter? quot No quot I could click either one and Windows would just load the desktop anyway This had been going on for a month or so when Windows for some reason decided that whenever I clicked one of the buttons it would reboot my computer amp repeat I then because of this reinstalled Windows from disk again All has gone well until now when I rebooted my pc and the box is back Please can someone help I have tryed taking a screenshot to no avail I hope you can understand what I mean If you have any questions please let me know Thank you all in advance From Miki nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

hi im new and i play alot of call of duty.... and i was woundering if ram matters and i got a 2.4 cpu and does that matter?

Relevancy 36.98%

Help my computer restarts auto after I login into safe mode It says please close everthing you are about to be logged off I can only go in to safemode because when i login normally it says dwm exe and explorer exe has to ber termanated with both ther error code xc Here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Hy Dirp on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wlrmdr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer help Please matter. the don't is what know Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Please help don't know what is the matter. Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO AVG Safe Search - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files FlashGet getflash dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run TheLaptopLock C Program Files The LaptopLock LaptopLock exe startup O - HKLM Run Flashget quot C Program Files FlashGet FlashGet exe quot min O - HKLM Run Attreb C Windows System start bat O - HKLM Run ISTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce NIS quot C Downloads NIS Build OEM INGDirect exe quot RELAUNCH RUNONCE O - HKCU Run HideMyBrowserFree C Program Files HideMyBrowserFree hidemybf exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKCU Run SmartRAM quot C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Sup SmartRAM exe quot m O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU RunOnce Shockwave Updater C Windows System Adobe SHOCKW SwHelper exe -Update - - quot Mozilla compatible MSIE Windows NT Mozilla compatible MSIE Windows NT SV MS Internet Explorer SLCC NET CLR Media Center PC NET CLR InfoPath NET CLR quot - quot http www cartoonnetwork com games courage creeptv quot O - HKCU RunOnce C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe http www symantec com techsupp se amp build Symantec amp a e d O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sideba... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-dont-know-what-is-the-matter.781691/
Relevancy 36.98%

This Trojan keeps appearing Ive read several forums saying I Matter What Do... No to download dllfix exe or findnfix exe but when I click on a link I keep getting a page Can someone tell me what to do Here is my HighJackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe No Matter What I Do... C WINDOWS system LEXBCES No Matter What I Do... EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect DadTray exe C Program Files AOL aoltray exe C Program Files Mustek UB Plus Driver WATCH exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files AOL waol exe C Program Files AOL shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL aoltpspd exe C Program Files AOL Companion companion exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Frankie Tripod Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C DOCUME FRANKI LOCALS Temp sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page file C DOCUME FRANKI LOCALS Temp sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant file C DOCUME FRANKI LOCALS Temp sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C DOCUME FRANKI LOCALS Temp sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page file C DOCUME FRANKI LOCALS Temp sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant file C DOCUME FRANKI LOCALS Temp sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - DA E - E - A - EB -A A DFA A - C WINDOWS System cdakan dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar My amp Search Bar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run DadApp C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O... Read more

A:No Matter What I Do...

Hi and welcome to TSG,

Download this: http://downloads.subratam.org/FINDnFIX.exe
Extract it (it should autoextract to C:\FindnFix when you double click it)

Go to the C:\FindnFix folder and doubleclick on !LOG!.BAT and let it run. It will generate a log.txt file. Copy and paste log.txt back here in your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-matter-what-i-do.253317/
Relevancy 36.98%

my ask is included into attachment image

A:what is matter

I think WINRE_DRV and System_DRV are 2 hidden partitions required on GPT disks that are used with Windows. They were likely placed there during the Windows installation by default.

In that situation, you don't want C to be active.

As far as I know, you can convert a GPT disk to MBR, but I think you have to remove all partitions first.

Not sure about the above as I don't use GPT disks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/328920-what-matter.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM matter? anything the on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files iolo Common Lib ioloDMVSvc exe C Program Files anything the matter? iolo System Mechanic SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C anything the matter? PROGRA anything the matter? McAfee com Agent mcupdmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SysMech exe C hijack HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http support cavtel net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer by Cavalier Telephone LLC R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SMSystemAnalyzer quot C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SMSystemAnalyzer exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run BitTorrent quot C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe quot --force start minimized O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar d... Read more

Relevancy 36.98%

Hey! If my computer has DDR2 RAM in it, does it matter what kind of memory is on the gaming video card?? Should it be DDR2 as well, or can it be DDR3? I just wanted to make sure.

A:Does this matter?

The memory type on the graphics card is independent of the memory type in RAM. It can be DDR3 even if you have DDR2 RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-this-matter.141480/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have 4X512 dimms of Kingston, PC3200 400MHz, dual channel mode.

Because they are in AMD environment (Athlon 64 3200+, 2GHz, Asus A8V-Deluxe s.939), my timings are just 3-3-3-8. Also its 2T(instead of 1T), 333MHz(instead of 400). They told my that I cannot do anything to change these numbers, because I have 4 sticks in amd platform.

So, I m thinking of buy 2 new kingstons of 1GB each(2X1GB), replacing the existings 2X512. After that I ll have totally 3 GBs of ram (2X512, 2X1024) Of course I ll put them in the right position so that I ll have dual channel mode(1st module:512, 2nd:1024, 3rd:512, 4rth:1024).

The queries are:
Is it a good idea to make such a movement?
Will timings be better? Will I have T1 and 400MHz?
How much improvement shall I see? 20%? 30%? 50%?

Relevancy 36.55%

Hello All I am on the brink of a neverous break down and no do!!! i what Bsod matter I am in dyer need of help This is my second posting on seven forums about a random BSOD issue I been having for months I have Bsod no matter what i do!!! tired everything I can think about to resolve this issue but nothing works I have done a dozen fresh installs of Windows deleted the partitions and formatted I purchased new RAM Bsod no matter what i do!!! and Hard Drives and nothing helps My specs are as follows Asus P T Deluxe V MB GB X Corsair Dominator RAM EVGA GTX CO-OP Video Card Bsod no matter what i do!!! X TB Seagate HDs X-FI Elite Sound Card i CPU LG GBW-H L Drive Logitech MX Keyboard and Mouse and Zoom skype adapter Here is a copy of the error and attached to this posting is the dump files Can someone please help Thank you in advance Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF AD F OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Apprentice AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Bsod no matter what i do!!!

Ran a debug for you, and I get the following:
Attachment 54020
I think this looks like a driver issue. If you know how to run the driver verifier function, try that. If you've never run it before, be careful... you can get stuck in a BSOD/reboot loop. Here is a tutorial for running driver verifier.

If the driver verifier function makes you too nervous, you could manually search for updated drivers for all of your hardware by going to the manufacturers' websites, one by one, and getting the latest drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/63633-bsod-no-matter-what-i-do.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I would appreciate if someone would explain the significance of DVD regions. I rented an old movie from my local library. When I tried to play it on my Windows 7 machine, there was a message that the DVD was purchased in region 1, my computer DVD drive was set for region 2, and I needed to change the region. Since there is a limited number of region changes that can be made, I decided not to make the change and did not watch the movie.

Would someone please explain the technical background as to why regions matter? And why did Microsoft decide to limit the number of region changes for Windows 7?

A:DVD regions - why do they matter?

1.  Just read what Wikipedia has to say about region codes yourself.

2.  If you use VLC Media Player it will play any region code DVD without a fuss.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546689/dvd-regions-why-do-they-matter/
Relevancy 36.55%

I guess it depends matter? Does really size on who you ask Really though I do have a question about SSD and size It has been asked over and over but I have not seen any threads that really answer my question What size SSD would be the best option for Does size really matter? me I do your normal computer operation but do a lot of serious video work I have many programs Does size really matter? that I need to use for different things that I do Several different things for video large programs office programs that I have for home automation hundreds of gb of music hundreds of pictures tb of video Large programs for pictures I know I won t store any of the music pics or video on the SSD I have read many many many conflicting reports on what to do with your SSD My big question is will I get faster video rendering if the program is on the OS drive Where is the best place to put my programs On another drive or on the same partition as the OS I want what will be best for video work nbsp

A:Does size really matter?

Id use 124GB SSD to load my OS, Video Editing Programs and other main programs that you have on. Keep all the data such as music, pictures, videos on a normal HDD.

My big question is will I get faster video rendering if the program is on the OS drive?Click to expand...

You mean if the program is on the SSD with the OS? Id guess so since it will write the data faster, but I am not expert and on top of that I don't have a SSD. But also a GOOD CPU will play a good roll in that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-size-really-matter.166914/
Relevancy 36.55%

I built a new computer and here are the specs Motherboard i FTW edition by EVGA Nvidia nforce Intel Core Quad Q GX Video Card OCZ SLI Mhz RAM WD GB Hard Drive Sony DVD RW I download anything no what? matter Can't have installed a clean installation of Windows Vista Ultimate and installed all drivers or Windows found some and and then installed them ALL drivers are up Can't download anything no matter what? to date I can t download anything from the internet and my browser s Firefox and IE both show constant errors involving the encoding process of pages I can t even see some pages at all and it took refreshes to get this one to load If I download anything at all it says download corrupt or said program has stopped working I can use already installed programs and everything else seems to be fine I clean installed twice flashed the BIOS checked the RAM through memory tests as well as memory diagnostics Connected with and without routers Can't download anything no matter what? different cable modems different video cards different CPU s Can't download anything no matter what? and changed the RAM and slots different times I have searched high and low and it seems to be my motherboard but I can t get it to work no matter how hard I try Please someone help nbsp

A:Can't download anything no matter what?

I don't know your MB but if you got a set of 32 bit drivers as well as the 64 bit drivers, give the 32 bit drivers a spin. I think I read that someone found that effective .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-download-anything-no-matter-what.766633/
Relevancy 36.55%

My acer Aspire 5738Z has a web cam called a crystal eye. when I downloaded windows 8 saw that it had a simple to use camera app. No matter how I try I cannot get it to work. I have tried every driver I can find even the ones on the Acer support page. I still get the response "camera not found" In fact this is a true statement because I
can't find where the camera is stored on my system. Any advice welcome. I never tried the camera until I changed to windows 8 so I am not sure if it ever worked.

A:not sure this is a windows 8 matter!!

Hi there
This little app works fine on Acer gear
Just run amcap.exe from a usb stick or whatever

Here's the dropbox link for you

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p7vd5mtzymxks2d/AzySb81rs-

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/23785-not-sure-windows-8-matter.html
Relevancy 36.55%

guys I am ashamed to admit I dunno these answers as long as I ve been in the biz Brand RAM more Does Matter? better? is And I have a new-to-me HP DC and am outfitting it The machine has mem slots currently occupied by K modules I want to upgrade The fastest memory it can handle is PC - mhz -pin package but for whatever reason it will only Does RAM Brand Matter? And is more better? address Does RAM Brand Matter? And is more better? GB of that module each in slots separate channels Using PC - modules mhz it can handle GB I don t do high-end games but I do want to outfit the machine to play HD movies amp web content and I run a lot of business applications So am I going to get better performance with GB of mhz mem or with GB of mhz mem And does brand really matter I mean this is not Gigahertz-speed memory bus I m dealing with Should I buy Cosair value line memory due to its reputation about bucks for gb or house brand for a whopping total of I ve done some websearching and find no science on these questions just opinions Also are these GB modules a LOT more power-hungry than the current K s I m apparently right on the edge of what my w power supply can deal with nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

So I run my avg anti spyware and it always finds something or another I have them cleaned out my avast comes up clean and i still get pop ups i Solved: what ups matter pop Get do no I have ran a hjt log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Solved: Get pop ups no matter what i do mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files BUFFALO Client Manager bwsvc bwsvc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C PROGRA Magentic bin MgApp exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA INCRED bin ImApp exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA INCRED bin ImNotfy exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Prog... Read more

Relevancy 36.55%

Hi Maybe someone could help me I am looking to go sli and am hoping to buy the same card to the one I have see my spec but I dont seem to if for card different matter get I SLI? Does it a be able to find a new one anywhere I like the card I have its a strong OC quite high out of the box in my opinion Does it matter if I get a different card for SLI? I can only find used ones and would to prefer to buy new I have been thinking of buying a gt as its basically the same card as far as I can tell Would the performance be a massive amount difference as its not the same model I know this card uses the same chip but every frame extra is going to Does it matter if I get a different card for SLI? help Would I get the same performance if the second card isn t identicial but say a slightly better model like the gtx Also does it matter as much if I change to a different brand I am currently using XFX Thanks nbsp

A:Does it matter if I get a different card for SLI?

I don't think it would matter too much... as long as you stay close to the video card specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-it-matter-if-i-get-a-different-card-for-sli.120383/
Relevancy 36.55%

I guess it depends on who you ask matter? Does really size Really though I do have a question about SSD and size It has been asked over and over but I have not seen any threads that really answer my question What size SSD would be the best option for me I do your normal computer operation but do a lot of serious video work I have many programs that I need to use for different things that I do Several different things for video large programs office programs that I have for home automation hundreds of gb of music hundreds of pictures tb of video Large programs for pictures I know I won t store any of the music pics or video on the SSD I have read many many many conflicting reports on what to do with your SSD My big question is will I get faster video rendering if the Does size really matter? program is on the OS drive Where is the best place to put my programs On another drive or on the same partition as the OS I want what will be best for video work nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

I'm at my wits end - it didn't take long!

Fixing up an old Intel 845EPT2 for a neighbor. I did a Reinstall of XP, installed all Drivers straight off the Intel Website, and no matter what, there's no Audio.

"No Device Installed" even though the Soundmax appears in System / Devices.

I have double checked Audio is enabled in the BIOS.

I even threw in an old Soundblaster Live!, turned off Audio in the BIOS, installed Drivers and it did the same thing.

I'm running an SFC / SCANNOW .

The weird thing is that it had Audio before {along with a million viruses, which is why I re-installed}

Any ideas, except a litre of Petrol and a Lighter?

A:Can't get Audio no matter what

uninstall all your drivers in device manager, go to your C drive and program files, make sure all files related to the drivers, software is deleted, also, do a add remove any software that may use those same sound drivers that you previously uninstalled. turn off machine, take your card out, if you're using onboard, disable in bios, start up, let windows load, if its a sound card installed in a pci slot a "new hardware" window should pop up, install drivers through that dialog box. If its an onboard sound device just simple restart after windows has started up and recognized no sound devices or drivers installed, go back to bios, enable sound, start up, reinstall drivers and software....I hope this helps as I just had this problem last night and had to figure out how to fix it, GL

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-audio-no-matter-what.80215/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,
its all started when onw day i opend my PC, after 5 min freezes.
In the first place i thought it was somethign wrong with a softaware...so i started to unistall all programs i have one by one to see the performance...nothing happend.
I have even changed RAM..nothing happend.SO finally thought that maybe it was the HDD.

So i bought a new one (Maxtor 40GB) and now when i am trying to install windows 2000 it freezes again in the installation part (you know the blue screen)!!!
What else can be wrong???

thanks for any help.

P4,256RAM,2.4Ghz.

A:Pc freezes no matter what i do

sounds like mine, removed everything still happened, BIOS was the problem - it changed some of the settings itself. look at ram spped in bios - mine was set to wrong speed. maybe this will solve your problem, it fixed mine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-no-matter-what-i-do.56495/
Relevancy 36.55%

So, my Nvidia card using coolbits overclocking tweak shows me this information on my graphic card

Why is it the OS thinks the AGP is at 2X ???

anyone see same type of thing
what do you make of it
is there some sort of fix for this.

I have the same thing using my
MSI board using GF6600 card
ASUS board using Ti4200 card

A:anyone get this or what it means, or any way to fix it for that matter ??

I have only heard of 8x card going down 4x when the AGP slot does not support it. The only thing I think of to suggest is you check you motherboards manual.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-get-this-or-what-it-means-or-any-way-to-fix-it-for-that-matter.437819/
Relevancy 36.55%

I know that with a cassette tape, when you go down to the fourth or fifth generation, you can really hear the difference. The sound gets quite muffulled.

But what about CD-Rs?

Can I go down four or five generations and still maintain the same sound quality. I know there are rumours that digital CD-Rs make exact copies, but I thought I'd ask the tech gang to make sure.

Thanks,

changintimes

Relevancy 36.55%

Hi i have done a search and not found the answer to my question so i hope someone can help me.

I have installed windows 7 to my main desktop computer and i got the 100 Mb partition, now i have installed win 7 to my laptop the drive was already partitioned on when i look at the drives i have not got the 100 Mb partition, after the search i did on this forum i see the reason i did not get the small partition is because the drive was already partitioned, and this is normal.

But my question is will the instalation work or like this or do i need to remove all the partitions and start again.

Hope someone can advise me.

A:Does it matter about the 100 MB partition

Hi sam49, Im assuming the laptop is booting? If so then you have nothing to worry about

For peace of mind though, please upload a screenshot of Disk Management (search for it in the Start Menu) and we will be able to tell you exactly what is going on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/153865-does-matter-about-100-mb-partition.html
Relevancy 36.55%

i used to have dual boot windows vista and ubuntu and i got rid of ubuntu and the grub boot loader (by using vista recovery cd and using the command bootrec.exe /FixMbr) which i replaced with the vista boot loader from the recovery cd i made but for some reason i dont have BIOS anymore. at all. and when i press f9 to load my recovery partition it gives me the error
PXE E61 media test failure, check cable
PXE M0F exiting pxe ROM

then it loads windows vista and i cannot reformat my computer because of this. i really need to get this done as soon as possible i cannot express how grateful i would be to whoever can help me solve this problem. thankyou.

A:URGENT matter.

Vista and the boot-loader have nothing to do with BIOS.

Try a PS/2 keyboard if you are using USB.

You might try resetting CMOS. The machine is trying to boot from the network, possibly because it can't find any OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-matter.823460/
Relevancy 36.55%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1015 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 184422 MB, Free - 145349 MB; D: Total - 6336 MB, Free - 372 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., Goldfish3, 1.xx, X312345678
Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

How do I get rid of LOL? I'm not very computer savvy, so I need the info in an easy-to-understand format.
Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-lol-no-laughing-matter.999997/
Relevancy 36.55%

Have a wired network with a gigabyte lan card and a Netgear WNR3500 "N" router...will switching from 5 cat to 6 cat on the hardlines make any difference in home network performance..throughput...etc ??

Thanks...TR

A:Does it matter...5 0r 6 cat cable ?

Quote: Originally Posted by trinaz

Have a wired network with a gigabyte lan card and a Netgear WNR3500 "N" router...will switching from 5 cat to 6 cat on the hardlines make any difference in home network performance..throughput...etc ??

Thanks...TR

Cat 6 will give you better transfer speeds from computer to computer in your network. it will also auto sense devices. It wont make your internet any faster

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99185-does-matter-5-0r-6-cat-cable.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have GigaByte 8I955 Royal which specs 1.8 volt for the ram.

When I went to Newegg.com's memory configuration tool, it comes back with all different voltage rams for me range from 1.8 1.9 to 2.1 volt.

Can I use higher volt ram in my motherboard?

Your help is appreciated!

[email protected]

A:Ram Volt Does it matter

You need to check QVL of compatible ram for your motherboard.
1.8v is the motherboard default ram voltage, check in bios to see if you have the option to change the ram voltage.
If you don't have the correct voltage for the ram you will run into booting problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-volt-does-it-matter.645337/
Relevancy 36.55%

How do I get rid of LOL? My spyware/virusware is not picking it up, and it's wreaking havoc with my computer!

A:LOL no laughing matter!

Hi,

Describe your issue a bit and do the following.

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds file to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lol-no-laughing-matter.1000824/
Relevancy 36.55%

Please check for me what I m doing wrong I have XP Running behind Zone Alarm Pro E Trust Antivirus also regularly us Ad Aware and Spybot Recently added Spy Hunter matter Pop I ups no what Log unders do. and don t know if its actually got spyware in it Pretty sure I have Smithfraud and SSK I ve tried everything including unchecking things msconfig start up and add remove The popups just keep coming back Any help would be deeply appreciated Thank you Steve Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe Pop ups and unders no matter what I do. Log C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus VetMsg exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS System WgaTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Firewall ca exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Save Save exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www meloco com index php i sm R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PaltalkWebLogin - C BA - C E- -BC -C E B F - C Program Files Common Files Paltalk PaltalkWebLogin dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSL encrypt - FE-D - e -AF E- E F A - C WINDOWS System nsyA dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Banner Rotator - D A F- C - -A C -F B D - C WINDOWS System adrotate dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run QOELOADER quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe quot O - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAV... Read more

Relevancy 36.55%

Hi. I posted a long rambling thing a little while ago because I'm looking at a new laptop. Let me cut out all that stuff and get to one point I'm really curious about -- does 64 bits matter?

I know some people say this is just around the corner, but is it a revolution or just hype?

Obviously I am also curious whether there is a point in waiting to buy a new computer until Intel goes 64 bit -- but the computer I have now is ancient and can't run anything anymore, so I probably don't have that luxury.

Still, I wonder what 64 bits actually means. It's my feeling that 32 bits is doing a pretty decent job and going from 8 --> 16 and 16 --> 32 were the real revolutions. But maybe someone has a different take.

Relevancy 36.55%

Hello there I hope I am posting in the right place First off the spec of my laptop AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor GHz GB RAM ATI Mobility Radeon HD I run Windows -bit The problem is that I cant seem to run games without getting lag For instance Dragon Age- the only requirement that my laptop might not meet is the processor dual core minimum however I can even top that I can make graphics the best quality or make it the worst it lags almost the same Oblivion that thing requires a Pentium yet I still get lag again the same situation where I can put the best or the worst graphics out? lag is there what, way no matter no Constant on The lag that I am talking about is not terrible for instance the games run at around or more FPS judging by the eye and every once in a while drops to around It is not much but definitely makes the playing experience much less enjoyable I do turn off all of the background programs I even use this little program game booster The hard drive is not crammed to the top I even separated the drive to a few parts for games and for Windows So yea any tips Or am i doomed to play in this ridiculous situation where no matter what Constant lag no matter what, is there no way out? graphic settings you put on you still get lag PS When games are turned on the ventilator blows out quite hot air nbsp

A:Constant lag no matter what, is there no way out?

How big is the hard drive? How big are the partitions? When you partition a hard drive, you waste a lot of space and slow down its data access. Something you never want to do with a laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-lag-no-matter-what-is-there-no-way-out.172269/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I am hoping you can help me I have a Compaq laptop with Vista Home bit running on it Within the past week I have received viruses Windows Restore and Vista Manager I have followed all the directions on your site and have run the following programs Malware Spybot Search amp Destroy Super Anti Spyware CC Cleaner and Ad Aware Here are my issues now after all of the cleaning When I try to run Combofix I get a popup that my disk has errors and to run chkdsk I have done a quick scan through the DOS promp and there are corrupt files so it doesnt finish completely I have also tried to force it to fun upon reboot into Safe Mode but it does not scan just boots up to safe mode I have gone into disk properties and checked the boxes to run chkdsk upon reboot and then gone into the msconfig boot area and checked the box for Safeboot which has worked in the past but this time nothing just boots into safe mode I have matter Chkdsk no what Cannot run try I never had problems with chkdsk before and run it faithfully to keep my computer Cannot run Chkdsk no matter what I try functioning Any ideas I would love to fix all the errors through chkdsk Leigh Anne

A:Cannot run Chkdsk no matter what I try

Maybe is it smart if you run an online scan.
Sometimes find an online Virus scan more than the standard Virus scan.
Also think I that it is smart when you have done, that you make a DDS log in the sub forum Am I infected.?
Tip: It is not really smart when you run a Hijackthis tool without experiences.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394858/cannot-run-chkdsk-no-matter-what-i-try/
Relevancy 36.55%

Compaq CQ50-103nr Laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium.

You can see the Wireless User Guide here. My understanding is that the wireless light is orange when the wireless adapter is disabled and blue when enabled. If I press the wireless button, it turns blue for about a half second and back to orange.

I have loaded the drivers furnished by Compaq and I have no exclamation points in Device Manager.

My guess is the wireless adapter is kaput; but, before I spend any money, I would like to know what others here might know about this that I might not.

The power button for this laptop is at center top of the keyboard and the wireless button is just a half-inch to the right of it. It has the wireless symbol on it, lit in orange and it finds no network although I do have a working wireless router on which another laptop here is currently working.

A:Wireless LAN indicates it's off no matter what

Unfortunately, a non-working wireless adapter and a wireless light which is permanently amber is a widespread fault with HP & Compaq laptops (Google Search brings up loads of forum posts to prove how widespread it is). My grandaughter's packed up on her Compaq last year and it defied all attempts by me to fix it so I bought her a plug-in USB wireless adapter which solved the problem.

In my daughter's case, the built-in wireless adapter wasn't even listed in Device Manager, which means it isn't even being detected, which usually means the device has failed. Your Device Manager is probably not listing it either (hence no errors are shown).

If the laptop is still under warranty, HP will repair it free of charge (or at least that is what I read on the various forums last year).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-lan-indicates-its-off-no-matter-what.1026373/
Relevancy 36.55%

ok i open task manager (1)

i then click processor tab (2)

the i notice 8 lots of java on this list

then i right click and open file location

then i come up with this second picture if you can en light me at all on this please i would like to no if this is all normal or appears to be normal having so many java items on the FIRST photo , and also the second location reffered as (bin)
and if you cant see the photo keep clicking it will get bigger

A:Hi bit confused on this matter

Don't know what that's all about here is mine

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280681-hi-bit-confused-matter.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I screwed up and humbly ask for some help I am having trouble starting my home computer I have XP Pro It was working fine until I tried to install some HP Printer software The install was unsuccessful so I uninstalled I don t think the software was XP compatible I started getting this message PAGE FAULT try XP what no I matter reboots IN NONPAGED AREA STOP x xF x xF x I have tried to reinstall using my CD that came whith XP when I purchased it I can get all the way to where it starts copying files over to get ready to either install or repair When I select eitehr install or repair I XP reboots no matter what I try get the blue screen again and the computer restarts I do not have a ASR disk either I am kicking myself for XP reboots no matter what I try not making one I have a different hard drive that I was able to load XP to without any problems when I hook it up so I don t think there are any problems with any of the hardware I would just like to be able to get my new hard drive working again nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

i have an HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC uses Windows Vista and i ve been having fits over my Windows Movie Maker acting up i ve made lots of videos over the past few years and have had no problems Recently though when i try making a video of any kind wmv format it seems like WMM is lagging and then when i try to play and watch what i ve put together edited it will play a second or two then glitch and will even skip whole clips during the glitch freeze and it does this through the whole timeline i dont know if it will run like that if matter glitching WMM I no :( what do! i publish it but i cant get any decent editing done because i cant really tell how well it syncs or looks because of all the glitching this has gone on for several weeks now and is absolutelly maddening i ve tried everything from un-installing unnecessary programs deleting cookies etc change setting etc nothing works and i cant find anything on any site about this issue or how to slove it if i could afford a decent video editing software id use it instead and not have to worry about this any help would be GREATLY appreciated thanks nbsp

A:WMM glitching no matter what I do! :(

Are you using the WMM that comes with Vista or is this the Windows Live Essentials WMM? If not the latter, I think you are eligible for it with Vista and you might try that version. Otherwise there is Pinnacle VideoSpin which is free and you might find does as much as you need without having to pay for a more capable editor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmm-glitching-no-matter-what-i-do.1037657/
Relevancy 36.55%

A friend of my mother s asked I not WHAT do! Help!! MATTER XP booting..NO me to look at her computer as she was having issues with it Well I got everything back up and working and then did updates to Windows SP etc In the midst of installing some of these updates after SP my child yanked the power cord out of the wall XP not booting..NO MATTER WHAT I do! Help!! and down I went When I went to reboot I was given the option of Safe Mode etc but selected to boot normally The XP logo came XP not booting..NO MATTER WHAT I do! Help!! up and was fine but then it went to a black screen and STAYED there No white cursor nothing UGH So I went to boot again When given the same option I tried safe mode Well I didn t get a black screen but I got a string of DOS lines one after the other just sitting on the screen I mean line after line filled the screen The REALLY horrible part about this is there is no XP disc for this I asked my mother s friend about this XP not booting..NO MATTER WHAT I do! Help!! and she claims that when she bought the computer from Wal-Mart HP it didn t come with any CDs I find that hard to believe but whatever SOOO now I have no idea what to do I mean I do have my own Dell EOM CD for XP but I can t use that to try and fix this can I It is just like NOTHING I do is working The computer is free of an virus activity spyware etc I took all of that out Help nbsp

A:XP not booting..NO MATTER WHAT I do! Help!!

carrie640 said:

A friend of my mother's asked me to look at her computer as she was having issues with it. Well, I got everything back up and working and then did updates to Windows (SP2, etc).

In the midst of installing some of these updates (after SP2), my child yanked the power cord out of the wall and down I went. When I went to reboot, I was given the option of Safe Mode, etc, but selected to boot normally. The XP logo came up and was fine, but then it went to a black screen and STAYED there. No white cursor..nothing. UGH. So I went to boot again. When given the same option, I tried safe mode. Well, I didn't get a black screen, but I got a string of DOS lines one after the other just sitting on the screen. I mean...line after line filled the screen.

The REALLY horrible part about this is there is no XP disc for this. I asked my mother's friend about this and she claims that when she bought the computer from Wal-Mart (HP), it didn't come with any CDs. I find that hard to believe, but whatever. SOOO..now I have no idea what to do. I mean, I do have my own Dell EOM CD for XP, but I can't use that to try and fix this, can I? It is just like NOTHING I do is working!

The computer is free of an virus activity, spyware, etc...I took all of that out.

Help!!Click to expand...
Dear Carrie:

Sorry to tell you, but it seems like you must find a fresh new XP cd in order to reinstall it, as well as your previously installed software (provided you had backed up things before the disaster).

If you at least were able to start XP and some other kind of errors were jumping out, maybe something could be done. But don't guide by my opinion only. Here at the forums are some pretty cool geniuses which could help you better than me.

Sorry for not being of much more help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-booting-no-matter-what-i-do-help.394547/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am using win XP, from time to time i have this problem which stiops me moving around. I have to use window task manager to stop all tasks to end the problem.
any one can help.
thanks

Relevancy 36.55%

Here is the problem I just recently was given a laptop. I was told that it was hooked up to a tv with HDMI but, there was sound on the laptop. I am running Windows 7 Premium HP Pavilion g7-1318dx Notebook PC
Serial Number: 6CF2085XDS Product Number: A7A43UAR . I have no sound with just notebook speakers. I have went to the HP driver download site and tried to download the audio drivers. I receive a warning " The Hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. Install will now abort." There are 3 Audio downloads on the Hp website none work. The speaker Icon down by the clock with a red X on it when you do a mouse roll over it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. I have tried headphones still no sound. I have also tried to the windows trouble shooter and it says it detects no problems. Play back devices is only showing Digital Audio (HDMI) High definition Audio device not plugged in. Recording says there are no audio devises are installed in. I have tried everything any help would be appreciated.

A:No sound no matter what

I think that you need an extra lead because HDMI gives picture only. The lead I have has a mini stereo jackplug at one end which goes into the computer's headphones socket and two phono plugs (white and yellow) at the other to plug into the TV's audio input at the back. You should then be able to work out how to set up the sound via Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-no-matter-what.206720/
Relevancy 36.55%

been around computers for a long time and cant get thisone figured out. took old ribbon dvd drive out for new sata dvd drive, and since cant get picture. tried replacing EVERY PART IN MY SYSTEM 1 part at a time. thinkin its somethin little im misssng. replaced mobo, still no pic outa card, returned that mobo and got new graphics card... still no picture. tried different processor still no pic, tried diff ram, tried diff power supply, tried diff hard drive, ive tried it all and im gettin aggrevated. intel mobo, nvidia geforce 7800, dual core.

A:Cant get picture out no matter what... tried everything

Seeing that this is your first post, I will say "welcome to TechSpot"!

Next, I know this has you a bit miffed, I've been down your road of computer frustration at one time or another, but your going to have to give us a little bit more information.

How about a small list of all your components?
What type of case your trying to install of this in?
What is your power supply, and what is it's rating?
What Operating System are you using here?

Maybe a slight "step by step" of what you did prior to uninstalling the I.D.E. DVD drive, through that, to installing the SATA DVD drive. If your suspicions are true, and you think that you missed something minor, doing a small 'step by step" thing sometimes takes care of these sort of thing.

So please get back to us, we are here to help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-picture-out-no-matter-what-tried-everything.179181/
Relevancy 36.55%

Having seen the required specs for half life 2, I've decided to upgrade my current ram and purchase an AMD 2500 processor - my current system is a s follows, AMD 1700, 512 DDR ram (generic), softmodded radeon 9500 128 np, W2000k and a 40 gig HD, not top notch kit but enough to play any current game at optimal configuration.
My question is this, my current 2100, 266mhz generic ddr ram works pretty much adequatly and has given me no cause for complaint but on checking prices, find that higher specc'd ram is'nt as expensive as I'd assumed - would purchasing 333mhz or 400mhz ram offer significant increase in performance or are these specs only relevant to hard core modders?

A:Does make matter?

333Mhz to 400Mhz, not much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-make-matter.6532/
Relevancy 36.55%

Does the type of RAM I order matter? I already have... Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Performance 2x2GB DDR2.

I have two more slots open and I want to do the same thing but I am not sure what to buy off of newegg... I can't even find the exact link to what I bought originally. Can someone help me out. (I am not very good with hardware and the exact specifics of what everything does)

Sean

A:Does the Type of RAM Matter?

What would be the difference between...

All
of
these
different
types
of RAM
(Each line is a different link)

How do I know which is the best out of them all?

Sean

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/256944-does-type-ram-matter.html
Relevancy 36.55%

What is the preferred location to have WoW installed? It is currently installed under: c:/program files/World of Warcraft.

Should it be under program files(x86) or under the games folder? It is working perfectly right now where it is (just having issues with ventrilo).

A:Does it matter what folder????

It really doesn't matter where you install programs or games. I just use what the installer has pointed to unless I don't have any space left I go for a different drive.

What is happening with ventrilo.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/233687-does-matter-what-folder.html
Relevancy 36.55%

im trying to upload a photo and it wont let me because the require a photo less than 500kb abd ub jpeg my photo seems to be bigger than that how do i make it smaller? i have kodak easyshare software, thank you

A:size does matter

gettingthere said:

abd ub jpeg my photo Click to expand...

pardon?

to reduce the size of an image you just need an image editor of some description, the professional app of choice is of course photoshop, which has an extremely useful 'save for web' function that performs this task.

The more widely available (ie cheaper) app is paintshop pro, which you can d/l a demo from jasc.com.

I wouldn't be surprised however, if you existing kodak easyshare had some facility to reduce the (physical) size of an image, is there an option on one of the menus or toolbars to reduce the pixel size and/or the dpi resolution? You may find your photo is currently in several megapixels; the default maximum for the camera that took the photo. If it's just to be used for browsing onscreen, eg on a webpage or similar, then it only needs to be 72pdi which would save a massive amount of file space.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/size-does-matter.249696/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi I have matter no loud CPU what Fan a custom computer I built and I m having real problems with how loud it had gotten Recently my friend gave me his old processor P GHz with HT and its running CPU Fan loud no matter what on my new mother board ASUS P CPU Fan loud no matter what NSLI and it has been running so loud that it keeps me up I have to open my window to let in degree air to slow the fan down There was one fan already in the case that was sucking air out on the panel side and i recently purchased another one to put in the back near the cpu to blow air in and it made about Zero difference and its putting a good amount of air in My heat sink is just a intel that came with the CPU The fan speeds run as follows at rpm when the CPU is C This is relatively quiet but still can easily tell that the computer is running but this is with the window open haha once i close the window the temp is still at C but it will run at rmp- rmp which is enough to wake me up note these temps are mostly unaffected by cpu usage when i run transcode for my converts an avi file into wmv as fast possible to play through media center If the window is open no sound and the cpu is under rather a heavy load but in the same respect if the window is closed and I m not even using my computer its like a highway in my room The Computer itself isn t in a confined area either it is out in the open in a place where air circulates easily So my though that was maybe i need to mess with the settings in BIOS since i have never really touched them in new computer Any suggestions on what to do whether it is through the BIOS or just how I placed the fans in the case thankyou nbsp

A:CPU Fan loud no matter what

You may be able to change the thresholds for temperature in the bios on whether it kicks the fan into high speed or not.

I'd also suggest taking that fan you put in the back of the case and reverse it so it blows air out, thats traditionally how its done, and makes more sense with the air dynamics inside a case. Fans on the side panels or the front typically blow air into the case, so I'd suggest doing that as well.

You can pull the heatsink off the processor (with the comp shut down of course) and clean it off with 99% Isopropyl alcohol and reapply some thermal paste. Artic Silver seems to be the consensus for doing that, but you can also get away with the thermal paste Radio Shack sells if you must.

A final thing you could do is get an aftermarket heatsink and fan that will run quieter and cool better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-loud-no-matter-what.68498/
Relevancy 36.12%

Please help Windows XP Pro I almost always use Mozilla Firefox to surf the net My year old daughter used my computer tonight to go to popups, I've of get rid Solved: no Cannot matter tried how gaming sites Now popups for gambling sex dating virus removal software spyware and malware removal and herbal Viagra keep popping up Solved: Cannot get rid of popups, no matter how I've tried I ve updated and scanned using Symantec Antivirus Adaware XCleaner Micro Zone Alarm Internet Suite and Spybot Search amp Destroy The Solved: Cannot get rid of popups, no matter how I've tried most recent scan and fix using Spybot seems to have stopped them for at least the next few minutes Below is my Hijack Solved: Cannot get rid of popups, no matter how I've tried This log Would someone please advise on what I can do to clean up my system After about hours of updating and scanning I m going to bed now I will check back when I wake up Thanks John Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings User Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - a f- ae- b - -ffe c d - C Program Files IntCodec isaddon dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CA B B -C AF- D -B - F - no file O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run eFax quot C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe quot R O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce SpybotSnD quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe quot autocheck O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - G... Read more

Relevancy 36.12%

Im typing this on moms old pc and she has the internet currently mine will be getting matter blue screen no what it in days ok so have had a pc problem messign with me for about a month now with blue screens plagueing me like starvation in ethiopia and not having any signal even being sent to my monitor I recently did a blue screen no matter what power cycle that then let me be able to repair windows xp on my computer Most of my blue screen no matter what problem got fixed with the no signal being sent to my monitor But i still am plauged with a blue screen - minutes after booting At the bottom it says Tech Information STOP x E xC x D xBA xBA C necthzfyl sys - Address D base at E Datestamp a f a d Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk then just a number starting at increasing by every like second or It says that and also another one but i cant remember the other Im pretty sure its a program i had installed mayb daemon tools lite or something and i just want to wipe my C drive clean and start with a brand spanking new fresh installed downloading at mbps everything running at peak preformance windows xp help with remidying this blue screen problem please Or how to correctly delete windows xp with all the files and install a fresh windows xp Would be greatly appreciated

A:blue screen no matter what

any 1 have any ideas??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-no-matter-what-391959.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Just can't get my pc to load up It all seems to be becase of a windows update It updated thursday night as I switched it off an then on friday when I turned it on it said there is a problem and that system repair would do a scan It start to can't help, try! no what please I matter screen get did a scan and found nothing I went into advanced and using the recovery tools tried several restores but none of them worked It kept saying they couldn't do it and my files are left as they were I cannot get into any safemode pc just starts over Now I have physically removed the hard drive and put it in a case with usb and have connected it to another pc to save all my files I was wondering if there's anything I can physically remove from the hard drive that might get my windows to start Other than that it's looking like a new installation Any help is gratefully appreciated please help, can't get to start screen no matter what I try! Thanks

A:please help, can't get to start screen no matter what I try!

Follow the direction here to restore your registry from the backup copy, see if that helps????

How to Recover from an Infinitely Looping Startup Repair Loop without Reinstalling Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308210-please-help-cant-get-start-screen-no-matter-what-i-try.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Help. for some reason no matter what i do i cant get my ports to stealth with Comodo or Outpost
i recently changed some settings in services and Anti-Spy is there anything specific that must be turned on on in the Run/services section?

A:NON Stealthed Ports! no Matter What

Comodo Firewall: Run the stealth ports option under firewall tasks then test here:

Advanced Port Scanner

Stealth Test

Post any non-stealthed ports in your reply.

I can't comment on Outpost FW as I've never used it!

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/344477-non-stealthed-ports-no-matter-what.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a xfx 6200 with OpenGl 1.5.

Will I have problems running games because I don't have version 2.0?

Relevancy 36.12%

I've just tried making a backup of files on my laptop
I'm using IMGBurn

I just selected 'write folders/files to disc'
It gave me a warning saying something like 'ISO9660' only supports 8 levels deep in folders - and that I had 15 levels deep

I'm backing up now using UDO - which I know that you use normally ot backup files bigger than 2GB (I think)

What are the different formats?
Does it matter?

Thanks
OM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-i-backup-files-as-udo-iso-does-it-matter.971098/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am attaching an example of a pic I just scanned. Vertical lines have been added to show the problem. The middle portion of the scanned pic between the lines is lighter than the outer portions ( I hope it shows up ). I have cleaned all surfaces, reinstalled scanner software and tried many different photo editing software, all to no avail. Scanner in question is a HP Scanjet 5300C running on XP Pro.

Any ideas besides heaving it into a trash bin and using my Canon?

Relevancy 36.12%

The harddrive on my laptop was having some serious problems while under warranty, so the manufacturer agreed to send me a new one which arrived today. They said the install CD's should be arriving a few days from now. I have a spare Windows XP install CD and key at home. Is there any reason not to just go ahead and install with the CD I have at home? Could the manufacturer's install CD have included drivers for my particular laptop model?

A:Does it matter which Windows XP install CD I use?

yes i would go ahead and wait for the cd from the manufacturer, unless the CD u have now matches that.

it could create driver issues and such if u dont install the right CD's

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/does-it-matter-which-windows-xp-install-cd-i-use-269958.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Toggle Keys feature won't work in 7 64 no matter what I do. The keyboard is an MS Natural one/ergonomic the driver is 6.1.7601.17514.

Yes my sound is ON and working, all I get when I hold down the NUMLOCK is one beep out of the speakers and a message asking me if I want to enable or disable the feature. I choose yes and nothing happens.

I have read all the posts about it and there seems to be no fix. I am disabled and would like this feature to work as it did in XP

Thank you,

J T

A:NO Toggle keys no matter what I do!

Have you installed all of your Important and Optional WIndows Updates after enabling Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware? I'd run it now to be sure.

On some OEM PC's it requires a software package after clean install/reinstall to regain full functionality of all the function keys (Fkeys). If XP was preinstalled on the PC were you running the Factory Install or had you already reinstalled? If so I'd look for the software package or Hotfix on the maker's SUpport Downloads webpage.

If this is the homebuilt in your specs with a Dual Boot, what software package did you install for this in XP? If still there I'd boot into XP to see if you see it in Add/Remove in Control Panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264659-no-toggle-keys-no-matter-what-i-do.html
Relevancy 36.12%

We knew it would happen sooner or later, but maybe all hope isnt lost.I would think that because mozilla is open source the mozilla foundation will keep releasing fixes in new versions.But this sucks.

A:We knew it was only a matter of time.

As a prediction, I am not sure how good it is, since malware will continue to target the dominant browser, IE. I also note that Mozilla seems much more able and willing to issue patches in a timely manner than has been IE hitherto.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23102/we-knew-it-was-only-a-matter-of-time/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all My PC allways have some virus and cann't be cleared I hope you can give me Know Log Matter I With Hijt The Pc What's My Don't File, some addvices about that I appreciate for that The HijT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP Hijt Log File, I Don't Know What's The Matter With My Pc SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC Hijt Log File, I Don't Know What's The Matter With My Pc WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files VMware VMware Virtual Image Editing vmount exeC WINDOWS system vmnat exeC Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exeC WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SRS Labs Audio Sandbox SRSSSC exeC Program Files Windows Live installer WLSetupSvc exeC WINDOWS system conime exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exeC Documents and Settings zhuyan HijackThis exeO - BHO Thunder AtOnce - AEC- FD - fd- C -E D C - C Program Files Thunder Network Thunder ComDlls TDAtOnce Now dllO - BHO ThunderBHO - D FEB- - - - DD C - C Program Files Thunder Network Thunder ComDlls xunleiBHO Now dllO - BHO Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentO - HKLM Run Safetray C Program Files safe safemon tray exe startO - HKLM Run IMSCMig C PROGRA COMMON MICROS IME IMSC A IMSCMIG EXE PreloadO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run StormCodec Helper quot C Program Files Ringz Studio Storm Codec StormSet exe quot S optiO - HKLM Run vmware-tray C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exeO - HKLM Run VMware hqtray quot C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation hqtray exe quot O - HKLM Run Safebox quot C Program Files Safebox safeboxTray exe quot rO - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SRS Audio Sandbox quot C Program Files SRS Labs Audio Sandbox SRSSSC exe quot hidemeO - HKUS S- - - Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe User 'Default user' O - Startup QQ lnk C Program Files Tencent QQGame Accel exeO - Global Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk SystemRoot Installer AC BA - - - - SC Acrobat exeO - Extra context menu item - C Program Files Thunder Network Thunder Program geturl htmO - Extra context menu item - C Program Files Thunder Network Thunder Program getallurl htmO - Extra context menu item Microsoft Office Excel amp X - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item QQ - C Program Files Tencent QQ AddEmotion htmO - Extra context menu item Messenger Live - SetMSNDP htmO - Extra context men... Read more

A:Hijt Log File, I Don't Know What's The Matter With My Pc

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you.
I apologize for the delay getting to your log, the helpers here are very busy.

If you still need help, please post a fresh Hijackthis log, in this thread, so I can help you with your malware problems.
If you have resolved this issue please let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151942/hijt-log-file-i-dont-know-whats-the-matter-with-my-pc/
Relevancy 36.12%

Blue Screen in normal boot safe mode all options blue screen using recovery console and even during repair When trying to install quot searching for previous installations quot then blue screen I've been reading about this for hours now I'm going bananas I have an HP Pavilion with Win XP SP HP can no longer supply me no I Screen do! matter what Blue with any recovery disks nor can Microsoft the bastards I have an XP SP cd that I used to get into to Blue Screen no matter what I do! recovery console at first I ran a chkdsk and it came back that one or more files or whatever were damaged No more info The stop screen error is irql Blue Screen no matter what I do! not less or equal error x A I have installed no new software or hardware If nothing else how can I reformat and reinstall a new copy from a new cd if I can't get past searching for previous windows installations I read in a forum today about taking the battery out of the motherboard for minutes to reset the bios Is this an option Didn't want to mess with the bios without a professional opinion first Any help you can provide will be a lifesaver a timesaver anyway Beth

A:Blue Screen no matter what I do!

Hello Beth ,

yes that will reset the bios , but then you will need to reset your boot order so to boot from the cd rom as the first priority / also while you have your system down & the battery removed ,(push the power button to completely power down the motherboard ,hold it in for a count of 10 )

also when you are installing the fresh in stall when you get to where it ask about installing or repairing & what partition / not the first choice but the second choice you will want to deleat all the preveiously installed to wich if i remember right it will be a (D) then an (L)

this will ensure that you get a fresh install and wont be overwriting the problem partition

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-no-matter-what-i-do-206824.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi there I have been having some problems getting connected to the internet however for about day s now everything seems to be working fine now A friend matter? do these files Solved: of mine suggested i use a software called quot Hijack This quot This software apparently scans your computer and informs you of what is wrong and automatically fixes the problems I ran the scan and below is a report of items that apparently are quot missing quot on my Windows system Basically i want to know if these files are important should they be quot not missing quot and how do i go about fixing them O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C windows System alg exe file missing O - Service AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C windows system atiesrxx exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system efssvc dll - EFS - Unknown owner - C windows System lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot system fxsresm dll - Fax - Unknown owner - C windows system fxssvc exe file missing O - Service keyiso dll - KeyIso - Unknown owner - C windows system Solved: do these files matter? lsass exe file missing O - Service Solved: do these files matter? comres dll - MSDTC - Unknown owner - C windows System msdtc exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot System netlogon dll - Netlogon - Unknown owner - C windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot system Locator exe - RpcLocator - Unknown owner - C windows system locator exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system samsrv dll - SamSs - Unknown owner - C windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service Skype C C Service - Unknown owner - C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system snmptrap exe - SNMPTRAP - Unknown owner - C windows System snmptrap exe file missing O - Service systemroot system spoolsv exe - Spooler - Unknown owner - C windows System spoolsv exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system sppsvc exe - sppsvc - Unknown owner - C windows system sppsvc exe file missing O - Service TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service TODDSrv - Unknown owner - C Windows system TODDSrv exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system ui detect exe - UI Detect - Unknown owner - C windows system UI Detect exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system vaultsvc dll - VaultSvc - Unknown owner - C windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system vds exe - vds - Unknown owner - C windows System vds exe file missing O - Service systemroot system vssvc exe - VSS - Unknown owner - C windows system vssvc exe file missing O - Service systemroot system wbengine exe - wbengine - Unknown owner - C windows system wbengine exe file missing O - Service ProgramFiles Windows Defender MpAsDesc dll - WinDefend - Unknown owner - C Program Files x Windows Defender MsMpEng exe file missing O - Service Systemroot system wbem wmiapsrv exe - wmiApSrv - Unknown owner - C windows system wbem WmiApSrv exe file missing O - Service PROGRAMFILES Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe - WMPNetworkSvc - Unknown owner - C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe file missing Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD series Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

my home page will keep changing to http www browser-page com my what homepage matter changing,no keeps home html and then one other page will pop up on top of that one that will open my cd-rom tray up VERY ANNOYING ill run adaware and spybot and ill get rid of it with hijack this but itll just come back after a short period of time heres my hijack this log before i get rid of anything as you can see i keep things running pretty short on it I d appreciate any help on this as its annoying homepage keeps changing,no matter what the heck out of me and i just can t make it stop Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE homepage keeps changing,no matter what Internet Explorer v Running homepage keeps changing,no matter what processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS System desk exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Jesse My Documents downloaded programs hijackthisnewer HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www browser-page com homebh O - HKLM Run AtiPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run HydraVisionDesktopManager desk exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net pple com bonnie us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall antivirus com housecall xscan cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab nbsp

A:homepage keeps changing,no matter what

Download Spybot http://www.sherrylynn.us/privacypolicy.htm

Make sure to follow the instructions for updates prior to running the scan.

Click on "Search For updates" After the search has completed, the available Updates will be listed. Choose which Updates you would like to Download. Click "Download updates." The Updates will self install. The screen will change and the program will come back and be ready to use.

Sometimes the default Download Location will produce an Error. If that happens, look in the right panel. There you will find a small arrow next to the name of the current Download site. Click on it for a list of alternate sites. One of those should be able to retrieve the files you have selected.

Scan, click on fix problems then reboot.

Next:

Download AdAware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Before you scan with AdAware, check for updates of the reference file by clicking

on "Check for updates now", connect.

Click on Start, Use custom scanning options, Customize.

Make sure the following settings are made and on -------"ON=GREEN"

"Scan within archives"
"Scan active processes"
"Scan registry"
"Deep scan registry"
"Scan my IE Favorites for banned URL"
"Scan my host-file"

Click on Tweak,
Select scanning engine and click on "Unload recognized processes during scanning"
Select cleaning engine and click on "Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion" and "Let windows remove files in use at next reboot"

Then click "proceed" to save your settings.

Click on Next

Run the scan and fix everything.

Post another HJT log for review.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/homepage-keeps-changing-no-matter-what.223240/
Relevancy 36.12%

heyy i run a preaty old computer its like a 3ghs intell agp =( lol i recently bought a 7600 gs agp vdieo card for it and its on its way the question i have is will the crappy motheboard and old processor slow the performnce of my video card much and also will it matter that te motherboard was currently running a onboard videocard what is a heapa it has room for the new card but will that bottleneck its performance?? i also bought another 512 stick of ddr ram for it what will mean i will have 1 gig of ram?? hopefully it will work allright

A:will this matter my new grafics card?

There is nothing wrong with a 3 Ghz processor nor with AGP. It would help tho if you posted some specs on your present system beyond that and described the specs for the new ram.

You can get a lot of that info from System Information and/or use Everest Home ( http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181 ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-matter-my-new-grafics-card.75093/