Windows Support Forum

Win 7 taskbar all icons from start menu on taskbar

Q: Win 7 taskbar all icons from start menu on taskbar

The other day my Windows 7 desktop changed. I do not know why. All of my Start Menu icons are on the Taskbar and I cannot remove them. Any help appreciated. Cheryl

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win 7 taskbar all icons from start menu on taskbar

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win 7 taskbar all icons from start menu on taskbar

Please create and upload a screenshot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194598-win-7-taskbar-all-icons-start-menu-taskbar.html
Relevancy 81.53%

hi, my xp boots and goes into 'windows starting up' then message with 'one of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy.the recovery was successful'. Click this twice before it goes away, then click into user name icon and the same message appears and wallpaper comes up and click ok for message to go away and then nothing. No icons, start menu or taskbar appear. I have also tried spotmau powersuite 2009. Try windows recovery and it wont scan and tells me it cant find windows on my computer. please help.

i

Relevancy 81.53%

She says big thank you You've helped her a lot And I say thank you also Situation She followed the steps including the AVG and deleted Norton and Spybot She can access internet and computer speed is now fine but Firewall informes her that she is unprotected And she receives messages from Ultimate cleaner and Spyware removal wizard about infections every now and then Question Should she delete all antivirus programs and then install the new ones because you said she should have only one Here are the reports she sent me --------------------------------------------------------------------------------rapport txtSmitFraudFix v Scan done at ned Run from C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop SmitfraudFixOS Microsoft Windows XP Version - Windows NTFix run in safe mode Before SmitFraudFix Attention following keys are not inevitably infected SrchSTS exe by S RiSearch SharedTaskScheduler's dll HKEY Menu No No "start" Taskbar, Icons, No LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer SharedTaskScheduler F C A- - CCA- A - AA B E F OLE Automation Module Killing process Generic Renos FixGenericRenosFix by S Ri Deleting infected filesC WINDOWS sachostx exe DeletedC WINDOWS xpupdate exe DeletedC WINDOWS system dlh jkdq exe DeletedC WINDOWS system intell exe DeletedC WINDOWS system kernels exe DeletedProblem while deleting C WINDOWS system oleext dllC WINDOWS system sachostc No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu exe DeletedC WINDOWS system sachostp exe DeletedC WINDOWS system sachosts exe DeletedC WINDOWS system taskdir exe DeletedC WINDOWS system taskdir exe Deleted No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu Deleting Temp Files Registry Cleaning Registry Cleaning done After SmitFraudFix Attention following keys are not inevitably infected SrchSTS exe by S RiSearch SharedTaskScheduler's dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer SharedTaskScheduler F C A- - CCA- A - AA B E F OLE Automation Module RebootC WINDOWS system oleext dll Deleted EndLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - EBB B- DE-A F- E - AA E - C WINDOWS system mqjhyym dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run ATICCC C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe runtime -DelayO - HKLM Run RemoteControl C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe -atboottimeO - HKLM Run gemstrmw C WINDOWS system gemstrmw exe rO - HKLM Run QuickPassword C Program Files ActivCard ActivCard Gold agquickp exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run tfnewpc dll C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system tfnewpc dll sxredcgO - HKLM Run sachost C WINDOWS sachostx exeO - HKLM Run gwiz C WINDOWS system ntsystem exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run Ultimate Cleaner C Program Files Ultimate Cleaner App exeO - HKLM RunServices mzu stonedrv c windows system mzu stonedrv exeO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDO... Read more

A:No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu

Hello kleopat, Since you are badly infected, please run the following scans. Disable your antivirus program and go here http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html and run an online scan with BitDefender (you will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan). When the ActiveX Control has loaded, click on "Click here to scan" and grab a coffee. When BitDefender completes the scan, select the "Detected Problems" tab. Click on "Click here to export scan". Save the file as an HTML to your Desktop. Then click on the saved file and allow it to open with your browser. Go to Edit - Select All then copy/paste that log back here. Post the log. ***********************Download SUPERantispywareLoad SUPERantispyware and click the check for updates button. Once the update is finished click the scan your computer button. Check Perform Complete Scan and then next. Superantispyware will now scan your computer and when its finished it will list all the infections it has found. Make sure that they all have a check next to them and press next. Click finish and you will be taken back to the main interface. Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab. Click the dated log and press view log and a text file will appear. Copy and paste the log to this thread.Submit the SUPERantispyware log, the BitDefender log and a fresh Hijackthis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69336/no-icons-no-taskbar-no-start-menu/
Relevancy 81.53%

What the heck?? I have a laptop (HP, Windows XP) that just starts with a background image. There are no icons, no taskbar, no start menu. How can I fix this?? It happened forever ago and I've tried scanning and deleting files with Spyware protection stuff and nothing is working. Please help. Please explain it simply, I'm really technically challenged. Thanks!!

Relevancy 81.53%

Please help because this is driving me nuts Client brought me their PC Boot it up and I get just icons, taskbar, No start menu the desktop wallpaper Nothing else shows No icons task bar or start menu When I first started CTRL-ALT-DEL wouldn t give me the task manager either Using a very round about way by going thru safe mode with cmd prompt I was able to run ComboFix and Malwarebytes Anti-malware and clean a lot of spyware off of it After that I can now access the task manager and run most any program I ve used the task manager to install and run other spyware and virus killers and am pretty sure that the computer is clean now However I can t get the desktop to work at all Using task manager I can use regedit msconfig and others like that but I cannot run CONTROL EXE or EXPLORER EXE When I type either of those two commands into the New Task field I get the following error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item The one thing that I ve noticed that may or may not be relevant The windows files are installed under C WINNT not under C WINDOWS C WINDOWS doesn t exist but C windows all lowercase letters does exist and it has a single file in it C windows temp GLF exe is the only folder and file I can find in that directory As I said this may or may not be relevant info I ve tried various things used a quot Restore desktop icons and task bar quot script from Kellys-corner-xp com checked various registry entries per google searches ran a program I found called quot No icons, taskbar, start menu Re-enable properties quot that is supposed to fix No icons, taskbar, start menu a no icons issue Nothing has made a dent in this problem Anybody have any other ideas I really don t want No icons, taskbar, start menu to reinstall Windows if I don t have to OS Windows XP Home no idea what SP though because I don t know how to get that info without going into My Computer properties

A:No icons, taskbar, start menu

Sounds like another rootkit infection

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268785/no-icons-taskbar-start-menu/
Relevancy 81.53%

I have windows Taskbar? - Menu No ICONS No Start - NO xp and i m experiencing some sort of virus i have no icons or start menu on my screen i am basically computer illiterate and need help i went to hijackthis and here is a list of what came up what should i delete and how do i do it please keep in mind that i don t have much experience with computers thank you my email address is email protected thank you very much MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe NO ICONS - No Start Menu - No Taskbar? C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe c toshiba ivp swupdate swupdtmr exe C WINDOWS System videosd exe C WINDOWS System setver exe C WINDOWS System mssys exe C WINDOWS System taskmgr exe C Program Files T-Online T-Online Software Basis-Software Basis kernel exe C Program Files T-Online T-Online Software Basis-Software Basis sc watch exe C PROGRA T-Online T-ONLI BASIS- Basis PROFIL EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings John Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip NO ICONS - No Start Menu - No Taskbar? HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C WINDOWS system ftp exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunch O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run PadTouch quot C Program Files TOSHIBA PadTouch PadExe exe O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run B sCLiP C PROGRA B SCLI Win K BSCLIP exe O - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe run O - HKLM Run ToADiMon exe C Program Files T-Online T-Online Software Basis-Software Basis ToADiMon exe -TOnlineAutodialStart O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run Windows Update C WINDOWS System mogozprh exe O - HKLM Run Winad Client C Program Files Winad Client Winad exe O - HKLM Run msbb c temp msbb exe O - HKLM Run WebRebates quot C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsoft Update esplorer exe O - HKLM Run msn msnmsg exe O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus vptray exe O - HKLM Run Windows secure setver exe O - HKLM Run Windows Security Control mssys exe O - HKLM Run Win Configuration videosd exe O - HKLM Run Msn Messengers msnmsgr exe O - HKLM Run Networks Configurator NetConfs exe O - HKLM Run auto repair system qualityx exe O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft Update esplorer exe O - HKLM RunServices msn msnmsg exe O - HKLM RunServices Windows secure setver exe O - HKLM RunServices Windows Security Control mssys exe O - HKLM RunServices Win Configuration videosd ... Read more

Relevancy 81.53%

Normal booting

Hello. We have Windows Vista. No icons on the desktop. No taskbar. No Start menu. Can't right click. But I can ctrl+alt+del to bring up the task manager. This is in normal booting.

Safe mode w/ networking

I tried "safe mode with networking". Then choose a user. All the icons are on the desktop. Taskbar and Start menu is available.

I can right click.

I can surf the internet. I downloaded and installed malwarebytes and ran a full scan. No infection or anything.

I downloaded and installed ccleaner and then ran "cleaner" and "registry". I am now uninstalling a lot of games in "tools".

I also did "system restore". I chose "recommended restore".

Still no icons, taskbar, and start menu in normal booting.

Everyting is done in "safe mode with networking" since I cannot do anything in normal booting. Please help.

A:No icons, taskbar, & start menu.

Welcome
To start lets try with clean boot. If you work with safe mode, maybe you will work with clean boot and then we can determine the cause
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
In addition to Malwarbytes run a full anti virus scan.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290194-no-icons-taskbar-start-menu.html
Relevancy 81.53%

I currently ran a disccleanup and deleted all the temp files and etc. i rebooted and none of my icons appeared, taskbar was gone as well as start menu. All that was left was my background. I tried CTR+ALT+DELETE to run programs..but ieexplore, explorer, or anything else would not run. I am currently running in safe mode and everything is fine. wats the deal!?
i tried also a system restore but that didnt work either.

A:NO start menu, taskbar, or icons

i now have my icons, startbutton, and taskbar but it looks like windows 98 style and no program will start up, although it will show as running in the process tab
i have no idea wats going on and i already searched this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-start-menu-taskbar-or-icons.645631/
Relevancy 81.53%

Running Windows XP Pro. I have no icons, no start menu and no taskbar. The only way I can run any program is to ctrl-alt-del and start a new task and I can run Iexlporer and get on the internet. However, I try and run Regedit, it comes up for a second and closes. I've ran Housecall, Virus Scan, and Regedit in Safe Mode but have found nothing. I've been getting "Project1, It's Time" popup and sometimes I get the RPC 55 second countdown to shutdown as well. I figure this must be something new or these virus programs are not finding my problem.
Any Ideas?

Relevancy 80.6%

Hello I m running Windows XP SP Forgive me as I No Start Menu, Icons, Desktop Taskbar or m writing this from the clean computer here at work and No Start Menu, Desktop Icons, or Taskbar I might not remember all the critical details of my infected computer No Start Menu, Desktop Icons, or Taskbar at home My first problems were on start-up a couple days ago an alert that Microsoft Word could not be started Though my computer came bundled with Microsoft Office I ve never used any of the products registered No Start Menu, Desktop Icons, or Taskbar them or even used the free trial I thought I could diffuse the problem by uninstalling the bundle Then I ran AVG It would find Trojans and other problems I would remove them but as the program was running the scan would find the same Trojans again Suffice to say I could not remove the critical objects it was finding Then a program called PC Antivirus quot started running It was then that the computer restarted and I had no Start Menu Desktop Icons nor Taskbar Then I ran Ad Aware and after some time Ad Aware just quits I tried downloading HiJack This but I m unable to initialize it Oh and I tried using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for the first time to no avail My last effort was to do a simple System Restore but the problem remains So here I am resorting to the Task Manager and Command Prompt in an effort to do anything Not such a big deal but I don t like having any sort of trojan virus or malware on my system D

A:No Start Menu, Desktop Icons, or Taskbar

Hello and welcome.. Did you get Malwarebytes installed and it then won't run? If so,try Fatdcuk's fix.Please navigate to the MBAM folder located in the Program Files directory.Locate MBAM.exe and rename it to winlogon.exeOnce renamed double click on the file to open MBAM and select Quick ScanAt the end of the scan click Remove Selected and then reboot.Post the scan log. The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealb]Note[/b]: Vista users ,, right click on desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator."You may also need to renamr the Icon here if malware seems to prevent ot from running.Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.Zip Mirrors (Recommended)
Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorRar Mirrors - Only if you know what a RAR is and can extract it.
Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorExtract RootRepeal.exe from the archive.Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247563/no-start-menu-desktop-icons-or-taskbar/
Relevancy 80.6%

When I started windows this morning it appeared like so It did not recover after reboots Here is the logfile Please help much appreciated logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows System rundll exe C Users Michael Poon Desktop HiJackThis v exe F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Config lsass exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D and start Icons, taskbar Missing menu -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - Missing Icons, start menu and taskbar BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run Unattend B -CCAF- F - -C C Windows test bat O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run snp uvc C Windows vsnp uvc exe O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run EzButton C PROGRA EzButton EzButton EXE O - HKLM Run EnergyUtility C Program Files Lenovo EnergyCut utilty exe O - HKLM Run EnergyCut C Program Files Lenovo EnergyCut EnergyCut exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run VeriFacePassManager C Program Files Lenovo VeriFace PManage exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Lenovo ShuttleCenter PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run MSServer rundll exe C Windows system tuvvvvs dll O - HKLM Run runner C Windows mrofinu exe A B BBF F C AB B CBD BD DD O - HKLM Run Tpscrex C Program Files MSTpscre Tpscrex exe O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run kernel C Program Files kernel kernel exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AdobeCollabSync exe O - Global Startup BTTray lnk O - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Bluetooth amp B - C Program Files Lenovo Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/missing-icons-start-menu-and-taskbar-207881.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Hi This is my first post on Techguy I had a problem previously on my computer and I went to techspot com but they had little to no help and I Taskbar, NO Desktop Menu, Icons Start Or had to solve the problem by myself I ve seen a few threads here and I ve seen that people get NO Taskbar, Start Menu, Or Desktop Icons many responses and a ton of help so I ve decided to post here The Problem There are no Desktop Icons Start Menu Or Desktop Icons and I suspect this NO Taskbar, Start Menu, Or Desktop Icons is the result of a virus because the last time the PC worked NO Taskbar, Start Menu, Or Desktop Icons I downloaded and ran a program and it appeared to have no effect I also had a antivirus scan with Zonealarm Extreme Security and found - viruses Next day the problem started I know I could always reinstall Windows but I d like to find a solution with out it I always try to research before I create a post or question but this time I couldn t find anything All problems I found were different and the given solutions did NOT work Tips that may help you I cannot access any specific files because they won t open because I can t use quot explorer exe quot or go to My Documents I used to but can no longer access my bios and all that stuff to control the order of how my PC devices start up It worked when I tried to do a Repair Installation the installation failed but now whatever I press F F F Del etc the thing won t pop up What I ve already tried I tried bringing up Task Manager Ctrl Alt Del and starting a new task and typing in quot explorer quot or quot explorer exe quot but this brought up a message that said the file could not be found I tried sfc scannow to fix the problem but it doesn t come up I see the quot sfc exe quot process running but nothing comes up I tried doing a Repair Installation but when it says quot Boot from CD Press any key quot I press a key but the message comes up saying quot There was a problem when starting up last time blah blah blah Choose the following start up options Safe Mode Safe Mode w networking etc Last Known Good Config Normal quot I try to move up and down using my keyboard but it won t move its USB not PS Any helpful information tips or instructions will be gladly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 80.6%

hy my friend has a problem and she doesn t have access to her internet so she asked me to tell Clearly, Virus. A No Icons, Is Menu... No Taskbar, "start" It No you her problem HISTORYin the background of desktop there was that No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu... Clearly, It Is A Virus. annoying message quot Your computer is infected Very high risk quot No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu... Clearly, It Is A Virus. Then popup from Norton appears quot You have a problem quot She clicked on quot fix now quot and the program started doing sth but never finished and each secs new popup appeared from Norton Next she installed AVG and the program found several trojans She chose to fix them but system asked for restart So she restarted the computer and after that she has this situation CURRENT SITUATIONDesktop is visible without that warning There is no icons no quot start quot menu No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu... Clearly, It Is A Virus. no taskbar nothing Task manager Processes wdfmgr exeNPFmntor exenavapsvc exeMDM exeavgemc exeavgupsvc exeavgamsvr exeaccoca exeacautoreg exescardsvr exespoolsv exefymlcsvc exespbbcsvc execcevtmgr execcsetmgr exesvchost exe x ati evxx exeisass exeservices exewinlogon execsrss exesmss exenscsrvce exeati evxx exesystemsystem idle programShe can t access internet anymore nor she can start anything can t do hijack log also So what should she do

A:No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu... Clearly, It Is A Virus.

Hello kleopatFirst off, your friend is running two anti-virus programs Norton and AVG which is not good. You can have more than one anti-virus program installed on your system as long as only one of them is actively running and providing real time protection. The other should only be used as an on demand scanner. However, even when one of them is not running, problems can still arise when the active anti-virus detects the non-active one's definitions or quarantined files.The concern with using more than one anti-virus program is due to conflicts that can arise from them both running together at the same time in real-time protection mode. Anti-virus software componets insert themselves into the operating systems core and using more than one can cause instability, crash your computer, slow performance and waste system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, they both may try to update their defintion databases are the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance.While operating in real-time mode, each program will often interpret the activity of the other as a virus and there is a greater chance of them alerting you to "False Positives". Further, if one AV finds a virus and then the other also finds the same virus, then both programs will be competing over exclusive rights on dealing with that virus. Each piece of AV software will attempt to seize the offending file and quarantine it. If one AV finds and quarantines the file before the other one does, then you encounter the problem of both AV's wanting to scan each other's zipped or archived files and each reporting the other's quarantined contents. This can lead to a repetivite cycle of endless alerts that continually warn you that a virus has been found. Symantec strongly recommends that you run only one antivirus program at a time. See here.Your friend can try running an anti-virus scan in "SAFE MODE" but other tools are probably going to be needed to resolve this issue.If your friend is using Win XP or 2000, then do this:She is going to need access to another computer (family, friend) with Internet access to download the following programs and save to a USB stick or CD:? DrWeb-CureIt.? AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5. Be sure to print out the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions. ? HijackThis 1.99.1. This is a self-extracting version (HJTsetup.exe) which will automatically install HJT in the proper location if we need to use it.? SmitfraudFix. Go here and print out the instructions for using SmitfraudFix. Later you will have to extract the zip file.(Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 9x/2000 users click here. If you need an unzipping utility, download 7zip (its free).Transfer all these programs to the infected computer. Install AVG Anti-Spyware following the instructions you printed out but do not perform a scan yet.Reboot your computer in SAFE MODE" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup [but before the Windows icon appears] press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with AVG Anti-Spyware, following the instructions you printed out for scanning in safe mode.Scan with DrWeb-CureIt as follows:1. Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to start the program.2. An "Express Scan of your PC" notice will appear. Under "Start the Express Scan Now", Click "OK" to start.3. Click "Select drives" and then click the "Start/Stop Scanning" button (green arrow on the right) to start.4. When done a message will be displayed at the bottom advising if any viruses were found.5. A log file will be created in C:\Documents and Settings\username\... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69144/no-icons-no-taskbar-no-start-menu-clearly-it-is-a-virus/
Relevancy 80.6%

I was asked to investigate a friends PC which had lost all Icons/Taskbar/Start Menu both in normal and safe mode. He reported a problem with IE launching spurious browser windows shortly before.

The PC was XP with SP3. I could launch Task Manager, the only obvious intruder was A.EXE which I killed, but any scans were terminated after a few seconds. I tried HijackThis and MalwareBytes. Attempts to run Explorer gave the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".
System Restore did not solve the problem.

I removed the HD and scanned it on a 2nd PC. AVG identified and removed several trojans (log attached). I reinstalled th HD and still no Icons etc, but could run Malwarebytes which found and fixed much more. (Log attached)

Still no Icons. How do I get them back?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/missing-icons-taskbar-start-menu-440391.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Hi all First post here so bear with me I recently bought a second user machine from a colleague of mine He re-installed Windows so Duplicate Start - Taskbar Menu Icons & that everything was fresh and set up a new profile for Taskbar & Start Menu - Duplicate Icons me but I wasn't happy with the name of the profile that he had set up Anyway to cut a long story short I created a new profile copied the old files across and deleted the old profile I wasn't happy with Everything is working fine and as it should be but I have a now have a couple of annoyances with a number of the programs that I have pinned to the taskbar and the start menu For example when I pinned Firefox and Thunderbird to the taskbar it has named them as Firefox and Thunderbird as if they are duplicate programs shortcuts The same is true with some of the programs that I have pinned to the start menu For example when Taskbar & Start Menu - Duplicate Icons I pinned CCleaner to the start menu Windows named it as CCleaner even though it wasn't present in the first place If I try to rename it to CCleaner as it should appear Windows tells me that there is already a program by that name pinned there and it asks me if I would like to rename it CCleaner As far as I can tell it doesn't affect the performance of such programmes its just really really frustrating Would it have anything to do with the files that I copied across from my old profile If anyone could help me resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Relevancy 80.6%

Morning On Friday I came home to Keep menu icons/taskbar/start losing find the computer was only displaying the desktop background No icons taskbar or anything CTRL-ALT-DEL Keep losing icons/taskbar/start menu makes the Desktop backgorund disappear for a few minutes but no task manager Could start it in Safe mode Lost patience with the whole affair and re-installed Vista from back up disks I'd created when I bought computer All seemed right Now I left the computer on over the last couple of nights to download all the WOW updates and each morning I've come back to find it just showing the wallpaper and no icons taskbar etc I now have a mouse icon and can right click and access a menu but CTRL-ALT-DEL still doesn't work If I hard reboot the computer it seems to boot up okay Can't seem to find this problem with the CTRL-ALT-DEL issue anywhere else Does anyone have any ideas or am I going to have to charter a plane to Remond to punch Bill Gates in the face

A:Keep losing icons/taskbar/start menu

ntollfree:

No need to charter a plane;scheduled flights are available.

Anyone else on WOW forums having this problem?

Also you might try a Clean Boot troubleshoot.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista

Best of Luck
Ardneh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239571-keep-losing-icons-taskbar-start-menu.html
Relevancy 110.51%

When i boot up my computer i have to log on as administrator to run task manager and all that appears is my background no start menu or desktop ive run spybot and house call to remove spyware malware and have also installed hijackthis below is the report from that Logfile of Desktop, Icons or Solved: No Taskbar, Menu, Start Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM Solved: No Start Menu, Taskbar, Desktop, or Icons on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing O - Toolbar Dealio - E C F -A A- F C- FEC-FD DC A F - C Program Files Dealio kb Dealio dll file missing O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinxDiagUpdate WinxDiagUpdate O - HKLM Run OneCareUI quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe quot O - HKLM RunServices WinxDiagUpdate WinxDiagUpdate O - HKLM RunOnce SpybotDeletingA command c del quot C WINDOWS system opnop dll tobedeleted quot O - HKLM RunOnce SpybotDeletingC cmd c del quot C WINDOWS system opnop dll tobedeleted quot O - HKLM RunOnce SpybotSnD quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe quot autocheck O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - HKCU RunOnce SpybotDeletingB command c del quot C WINDOWS system opnop dll tobedeleted quot O - HKCU RunOnce SpybotDeletingD cmd c del quot C WINDOWS system opnop dll tobedeleted quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Microsoft DirectX PDSched exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run Microsoft DirectX PDSched exe User Default user O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup hpoddt exe lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup officejet lnk O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C WINDOWS System shdocvw dll O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C WINDOWS System shdocvw dll O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGR... Read more

Relevancy 110.51%

I am running XP Pro and using a cable connection I must have downloaded something bad because my desktop icons don t load and I don t have a start menu anymore The only way I can open a program is to browse through it through Task Manager Here is my HijackThis log I hope someone can help Help! or start icons, Solved: . menu No no . taskbar desktop Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C Solved: No desktop icons, no start menu or taskbar . . Help! WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe F Utils HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Linda s Computer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar -Click Answers - C -F E- aa-B -E E BCFD - C PROGRA -CLIC IEToolbar AnswersToolbarU dll O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Solved: No desktop icons, no start menu or taskbar . . Help! Files Common Solved: No desktop icons, no start menu or taskbar . . Help! Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run IPHSend C Program Files Common Files AOL IPHSend IPHSend exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKCU Run WeatherWatcher F Weather Watcher Weather Watcher ww exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - Global Startup -Click Answers lnk C Program Files -Click Answers answers exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup LUMIX Simple Viewer lnk O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Answers - file C Program Files -Click Answers Html atiemenu htm O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - F Utils GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - F Utils GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Maps - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycmap htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp SMS - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsms htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C... Read more

A:Solved: No desktop icons, no start menu or taskbar . . Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-desktop-icons-no-start-menu-or-taskbar-help.587314/
Relevancy 110.51%

I don t know much about computers but I do know I have windows xp and my taskbar desktop icons and my start menu are missing I had to go to task manager to run my internet browser I tried to use f and go into safe mode System restor didn t work Could someone be so kind menu Desktop missing icons,Taskbar,Start as to tell me how I fix this Is there any other info you need about my computer ask I ran hijack this This is what I got Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Desktop icons,Taskbar,Start menu missing v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Desktop icons,Taskbar,Start menu missing WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c documents and settings guest s my documents ape escape pspshuffle psp shuffle pspshuffleindexer exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe C WINDOWS Desktop icons,Taskbar,Start menu missing system wscntfy exe C Program Files Opera Opera opera exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C DOCUME ADMINI MIC LOCALS Temp se dll space html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C DOCUME ADMINI MIC LOCALS Temp se dll space html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title iLLUSiON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - F EE -BE A- D -A E- F C - no file O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - Toolbar no name - C B - - d - B - A CD F - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run SRFirstRun rundll srclient dll CreateFirstRunRp O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run DeskMateAutoUpda... Read more

Relevancy 110.51%

Hi I'm going to apologize before hand because I am not a computer person so if I don't use the right terminology sorry I have a HP laptop running Windows So a while ago my laptop got icons Start b/c of virus & missing taskbar menu the SMART HDD virus All the icons on Start menu & taskbar icons missing b/c of virus my desktop were made hidden Start menu & taskbar icons missing b/c of virus as well as in Start menu & taskbar icons missing b/c of virus my Start Menu and the pinned items in my taskbar Luckily I was able to follow the instructions at this link http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-smart-hdd and was able to get rid of the the virus-thing last night I also did this http www smartestcomputing us com topic -how-to-restore-start-menu-and-files-hiddendeleted-by-a-virus as the folders in the Start Menu in All Programs kept showing up as empty Anyways that is all fixed now and the folders are fine Only thing is that the Start Menu is still missing the Programs Folders on the right side - like where it usually says Documents Control Panel Pictures etc The only one there is Computer Also all the things I had pinned to my Task bar are no longer there And anything I do pin doesn't show up If someone could help me I would reallllllly appreciate it I'm good with computers but I don't know like the big words you guys use or stuff like that so if you could make it a little bit more simpler and descriptive that would be awesome -Jasmine

A:Start menu & taskbar icons missing b/c of virus

Only thing is that the Start Menu is still missing the Programs/Folders on the right side - like where it usually says "Documents," "Control Panel," "Pictures," etc. The only one there is Computer.

What about the programs folders? Please expand it and let us know if you find icons and files under each startmenu folder.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489335/start-menu-taskbar-icons-missing-bc-of-virus/
Relevancy 110.51%

Whenever a new user logs on to a computer, Microsoft puts certain default icons on the Start Menu and the Task bar, whether you want them there or not. I need to remove these icons, and put our own on the start menu. I can put our own icons on the start menu, but I don't have a way to remove the default icons. I need to remove the clutter from the start menu.

Does anyone have a script or other method to remove those icons?

A:Removing Default Icons From Start Menu And Taskbar

See if this tutorial will help you out Connect To - Change Default Icon in Start Menu if so also look at the bottom of it there is a list of related tutorials that will help with the rest of them.

If that is not what you wanted change please post a screenshot of what you are trying to change.
Use these tutorials for posting screenshots.
Screenshot with Paint
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/288452-removing-default-icons-start-menu-taskbar.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I have tried to run Menu Desktop Taskbar Start Missing and Icons the Kelly Tweaks on the desktop icons and start menu I can restart the Missing Desktop Icons and Start Menu Taskbar machine IBM R laptop but it always goes to a complete blank desktop other than the backgroudn Using Ctrl-Alt-Del I can get the explorer to open but it closes within a minute I am able to execute programs and run IE as such I am using this machine now to generat this topic I am at a loss I though hijack had an auto-clean mode but I can't remember how to do this I hope this is enough Below is the DDS report and I have attached the report as well Thanks for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by jhorne at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Aptify Services Object Repository AptifyObjectRepositoryService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe c program files verizon wireless venturi Client ventc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Windows Home Server WHSConnector exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C WINDOWS LOGI MWX EXE C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings jhorne HORNEJ-CONF- Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE P NQ WP dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uStart Page hxxp www cnn com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO f ed- b- f - e -e f dbf - c windows system urqOEuSk dll BHO d cb -c cd- c f-bfdc- b afbdc c - c windows system mlJBULfg dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO BrowserHelper Class a c - ee - ddd- -f a a - c prog... Read more

A:Missing Desktop Icons and Start Menu Taskbar

Hello TitliestManWelcome to BleepingComputer ========================Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.Disable any script blocking protection Double click dds.scr to run the tool. When done, DDS.txt will open. Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan. Save both reports to your desktop.---------------------------------------------------Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:DDS.txtAttach.txt. ================Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.**Caution**These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised!If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.Click NOIn the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.Now click the Scan button.
Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.Click OK.GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt" Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Post the contents of GMER.txt in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196550/missing-desktop-icons-and-start-menu-taskbar/
Relevancy 110.51%

operating system is windows xp
All the desktop icons, start menu and task bar is gone except a picture of the wallpaper. What could be the problem? Am using a different PC to sent this message.

Relevancy 109.22%

Someone help me. I've been trying to solve this for a couple weeks now. Dell customer support is horrible. I installed a program on my computer to control the amount of time that my kids are on it. Somehow either the files got corrupted or messed with by the kids or deleted and now my computer has no desktop. The is no start menu, no icons, no taskbar, no desktop. Just a black screen. The only way that I can open anything is through Windows Task Manager. I saw a similar problem in a thread about Windows XP, but is there a solution for Windows Vista? Please help!

A:No desktop... No icons... No taskbar... No start menu... VISTA SUCKS!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-desktop-no-icons-no-taskbar-no-start-menu-vista-sucks.689149/
Relevancy 109.22%

You guys Rock!!! You helped me fix my work PC today and one of my coworkers asked me to post this for him regarding his home PC.

He has Win2000 and lost all his desktop icons, start menu and task bar. He has to do a ctrl-alt-delete to do anything.

All of the previous fixes here appear to be for XP machines.

Any advice I can pass along?

Thanks again for the help.

A:Win2000 Start menu, desktop icons and taskbar missing

I moved this to the proper forum, perhaps you'll get more help here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-start-menu-desktop-icons-and-taskbar-missing.454739/
Relevancy 109.22%

I have a huge problem that was caused by me trying to delete what I thought were viruses. I went into my "processes running" in the windows task manager and deleted (End Process) what I thought were viruses. I was wrong. I deleted all of my desktop icons and the toolbar on the bottom that includes my "start" icon. I can not figure out how to get to the system restore wizard to get it back to where it was before I screwed it up. Please help.

A:Lost all desktop icons & Start menu & Taskbar at bottom

right click on the taskbar, click tool bar and anything else that might bring them back up for you. What shortcuts are remaining on the desktop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29677/lost-all-desktop-icons-start-menu-taskbar-at-bottom/
Relevancy 109.22%

Problem My computer will run perfectly for a time but then the desktop shortcuts stop working The computer Lock and but work Icons up still menu Desktop start taskbar will still function and I can still use my programs through the start menu The problem started after installing AVG trial edition Computer Dell Vostro with Intell Core Duo E GHz with GB of ram GHz Running Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Desktop Icons Lock up but taskbar and start menu still work saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C program files steam steam exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgam exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mst edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Solid State Networks IE Browser Plugin - BD A D - E C- f - A -C CB E - C WINDOWS system SolidStateNetworks SolidStateION solidax dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run PDVDDXSrv quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv... Read more

A:Desktop Icons Lock up but taskbar and start menu still work

So is it time for me to give up and reformat the hard drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-icons-lock-up-but-taskbar-and-start-menu-still-work.912137/
Relevancy 108.36%

I`ve got a weird problem that keeps happening. Without any errors or warning,
all of my Desktop Icons become frozen. I cannot activate any of them. If I
have any windows open in the Taskbar or programmes running in the System tray
I can left/right click on any of them and they all work
fine(Programmes/Window Explorer/IE7 etc). I can access the Start menu and
activate whatever as usual.
I know that this (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=932406) is the solution if it happens in Windows Vista but this is Windows 7.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much

A:Desktop Icons Freeze but Start menu/Taskbar work normal

Hi - I have the exact same problem happening where I can't click on the desktop icons but can access through windows explorer no problem. Windows 7 (x64) on laptop. Did you figure this out?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73235-desktop-icons-freeze-but-start-menu-taskbar-work-normal.html
Relevancy 108.36%

This problem is affecting ALL USERS on a new computer I m setting up in a corporate environment I thought I d share my experience in detail in case anyone else is looking for some specific keywords bar icons, of Start Menu, left-click How fix Windows and in taskbar search 10 to I ve tried as many suggestions from a Microsoft Answers thread How to fix left-click of Start Menu, taskbar icons, and search bar in Windows 10 as well a post on BT called quot Has your Windows Start menu stopped working Here are four ways to fix it quot including suggestions in the comments there NOTHING HAS WORKED SO FAR We have received a shipment of Dell OptiPlex desktops with Windows Pro How to fix left-click of Start Menu, taskbar icons, and search bar in Windows 10 built in Express Settings setup DisplayPort monitor USB connections to keyboard mouse and speakers wired LAN no antivirus except Defender I set up the first machine and let the Windows Updates install I m not sure if that was the issue but once I rebooted I could not open the Start Menu Nor could I use Cortana or left-click on ANY icon in the taskbar Here are the steps that I ve tried that I can remember starting simple to more complex Reinstall Windows apps in Administrator PowerShell Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register quot InstallLocation AppXManifest xml quot Ran sfc scannow times rebooting after each You can see from log file snippets below that the scan detects the same errors every time but cannot fix them Restarted with msconfig quot Safe boot quot Safe Mode Ran built-in Dell Command Update and installed the latest video driver Latest BIOS is already installed Manually ran Windows Update to make sure all are installed Windows System Restore rolled back to earliest point initial install Reset this PC option in Troubleshooting mode doing a quot Remove everything quot rebuild Start Menu works on first login but then will not open after the first reboot Installed Windows Pro out of the box Worked fine until installing a huge build update - I did not write down the number and can t find an update history Here are a few system and application event logs that seem relevant followed by snippets from the sfc scannow log file Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SystemSource nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOMDate nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AMEvent ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category NoneLevel nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ErrorKeywords nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ClassicUser nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp GJ D adminComputer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp GJ D cao lanDescription The server CortanaUI AppXfbn w s jbk tjevpcn kaxerc rby k mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot schemas microsoft com event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt GJ D cao lan lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - - - - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot param quot gt CortanaUI AppXfbn w s jbk tjevpcn kaxerc rby k mca lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SystemSource nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOMDate nbsp nbsp... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19981853
Relevancy 108.36%

I have upgraded to windows from and been using it for the last week now with no problems Today during a mandatory update my pc went blue screen and said it had to restart Once it restarted it updated and booted fine However after the update I realized that my start menu stopped working If I press it nothing shows up It is the same with my search menu Also none of my taskbar icons will work like the volume and notifications I have searched the internet and tried all the solutions provided like windows powershell and uninstalling antivirus and restarting explorer but nothing seems Windows icons 10 Menu, taskbar working not apps, Start and metro to work for me I can't reformat and clean install at the moment because it's really inconvenient for me and have some important files and big programs that I can't back up Can anyone please provide me a solution for Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working this bug Is there anyway I can reinstall the last update again manually Or if I revert Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working back to win would this problem still persist I can't afford to lose anything since I am away and need my computer for work

A:Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working

Right click the start button and click on Programs and Features. (It's at the top.)
In the window that opens click on 'View installed updates'
Click on the updates you want to uninstall and Bob's your auntie's live-in lover!

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/15219-windows-10-start-menu-metro-apps-taskbar-icons-not-working.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Mod edit continued from this link http www bleepingcomputer com forums t no-icons-no-taskbar-no-start-menu Hay I'm that Kleopat's friend and I want to continue in sloving Sifu No Icons, Mike:continuing - Menu Taskbar, No Thread No "start" my problem This is mine last log combofix enjoy Pr a - - - Service Pack ComboFix - Running from C Documents and Sifu Mike:continuing Thread - No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu Settings Pr a Desktop Other Deletions C Documents and Settings All Users Documents Settings Files Created from - - to - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system CMMGR EXE - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers AvgAsCln sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system image gif exe Find M Report - - -------- d-------- C Documents and Settings Prsa Application Data Skype - - -------- d-------- C Program Files FINA e-kartica - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Ultimate Cleaner - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Grisoft - - -------- d-------- C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Common Files Wise Installation Wizard - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Common Files - - -------- d-------- C Documents and Settings Prsa Application Data SUPERAntiSpyware com - - --a------ C WINDOWS system CmdLineExt dll - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Orasar - - -------- d-------- C Program Files -Zip - - -------- d-------- C Program Files HijackThis - - -------- d-------- C Program Files ChickenInvaders at - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Norton AntiVirus - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared - - -------- d-------- C Documents and Settings Prsa Application Data Ultimate Cleaner - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Google - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Skype - - -------- d-------- C Program Files HyperSnap - - -------- d-------- C Documents and Settings Prsa Application Data Google - - --a------ C WINDOWS system msxml dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system comctl dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system fltlib dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system fltmc exe - - --a------ C WINDOWS system to svc dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries are not shown HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft windows currentversion run msnmsgr C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe background swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe Skype C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe nosplash minimized SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE NWEReboot NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe ATICCC C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe runtime -Delay RemoteControl C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe QuickTime Task C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe -atboottime gemstrmw C WINDOWS system gemstrmw exe r QuickPassword C Program Files ActivCard ActivCard Gold agquickp exe SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe Ultimate Cleaner C Program Files Ultimate Cleaner App exe HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents IMAIL Installed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents MAPI Installed NoChange HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents MSFS Installed HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft internet explorer desktop components DeskHtmlVersion dword DeskHtmlMinorVersion dword Settings dword GeneralFlags dword HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft internet explorer desktop components Source About Home SubscribedURL About Home FriendlyName My Current Home Page Flags dword Position hex c cc d ea CurrentState hex OriginalStateInfo hex cc de RestoredStateInfo hex cc de HKEY USERS default software microsoft windows currentversion run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE msnmsgr C Program Files MSN Messenge... Read more

A:Sifu Mike:continuing Thread - No Icons, No Taskbar, No "start" Menu

Hello schoko_bon, I am SifuMike and I will be helping you. Combofix shows a trojan and malware, so we need to delete them.Click on start, then control panel, and then double-click on add/remove programs. From within add/remove program uninstall the following if they exist by double-clicking on the following entries:Ultimate CleanerGo to My Computer and double-click C. Go to the Tools menu and select 'Folder Options'. On the 'View' tab select 'show hidden files and folders', deselect (uncheck) 'hide protected operating system files (recommended)', and deselect (uncheck) "Hide extensions for known file types.' Using Windows Explorer, delete the following file in boldC:\WINDOWS\system32\image1.gif.exe <==fileC:\Program Files\Ultimate Cleaner <==folderPlease post a fresh Hijackthis log, and tell me how your computer is running.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71950/sifu-mikecontinuing-thread-no-icons-no-taskbar-no-start-menu/
Relevancy 107.93%

Hello all So about a month ago I or anything taskbar pin unlock taskbar Cannot menu on Pr cannot AND start Outlook AND restarted my computer and when it Cannot unlock taskbar AND cannot pin anything on taskbar or start menu AND Outlook Pr came back on all my programs pinned to my task bar and everything that was in my start menu was gone From there I could not unlock the taskbar and nothing would pin in either the start menu or taskbar I researched everywhere about it I tried unlocking the taskbar in properties and registry with no luck I finally found some posts about how my user profile was corrupt and from there I went on and made a new profile and copied everything and BOOM it all worked fine now Well today it happened AGAIN I restarted my computer and everything disappeared So I think it is still a corrupt profile but this is the second time it has happened My question is is there another way to fix those two issues besides creating a new profile and What could be the cause of this happening twice in a month Would a reformat fix it or is it a hardware issue ADD I forgot to mention my outlook email profiles are gone too Those somehow got erased as well nbsp

A:Cannot unlock taskbar AND cannot pin anything on taskbar or start menu AND Outlook Pr

Did you run chkdsk on your drives to eliminate possibility of file corruption or cross-linking ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-unlock-taskbar-and-cannot-pin-anything-on-taskbar-or-start-menu-and-outlook-pr.1083563/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hey there and many thanks in advance if you can help The problem is as above - but not before i get boxes popping up on the machine restart stating in order lsass exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point CxxFrameHandler could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt dll net exe - Menu Icons Start and Missing Desktop Newbie Seeking Taskbar, - Desperate Help Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point CxxFrameHandler could not be Missing Taskbar, Start Menu and Desktop Icons - Desperate Newbie Seeking Help located in the dynamic link library msvcrt dll net exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point CxxFrameHandler could not be Missing Taskbar, Start Menu and Desktop Icons - Desperate Newbie Seeking Help located in the dynamic link library msvcrt dll userinit exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point CxxFrameHandler could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt dll explorer exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point CxxFrameHandler could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt dll This entry point not found Missing Taskbar, Start Menu and Desktop Icons - Desperate Newbie Seeking Help message comes up on almost every occasion i try to run something through task manager after restart As i say I'm not anywhere close to knowing what i'm supposed to do but i did read that problems with lsass exe indicates the presence of a trojan hence posting here which led me to the combofix program Any kind of assistance would be greatly appreciated ComboFix - - - Stuart - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running from c documents and settings Stuart My Documents Downloads ComboFix exe AV BullGuard Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Outdated A BB - EDF- FDC-A A - A FA FW BullGuard Firewall disabled AEF CB - B - E -AF -D E B FA FW Spy Sweeper disabled - A - DD-BADD-A CABCDEAE Other Deletions c windows system tmp dll Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w c program files MSSOAP - - - - ----a-w c windows system drivers pwipf sys - - - - -------- d-----w c windows LastGood - - - - -------- d-----w c documents and settings LocalService Application Data Webroot - - - - ----a-w c windows WRSetup dll - - - - -------- d-----w c documents and settings Stuart Application Data Webroot - - - - -------- d-----w c documents and settings All Users Application Data Webroot - - - - -------- d-----w c program files Webroot - - - - -------- d-----w c program files RegCure - - - - -------- d-----w c documents and settings Stuart Application Data Uniblue - - - - -------- d-----w c program files Uniblue - - - - -------- dc-h--w c documents and settings All Users Application Data D BDA - F - -B - A E ABDE - - - - -------- d-----w c program files CCleaner - - - - -------- d-----w c program files TGTSoft - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache xrxwiadr dll - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache xrxwbtmp dll - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache xrxscnui dll - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache xrxftplt exe - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache xrxflnch exe - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache xlog exe - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache xem n sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache wvchntxx sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache wstcodec sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache wsiintxx sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache wshirda dll - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache wmiacpi sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache vpctcom sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache umaxp dll - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache tjisdn sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache sw effct dll - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache smiminib sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache smidispb dll - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache sgsmusb sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache sgsmld sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache sgiulnt sys - - - - -c--a-w c windows system dllcache sgiul d... Read more

A:Missing Taskbar, Start Menu and Desktop Icons - Desperate Newbie Seeking Help

Hello and welcome to TSF.

As seen in Post #2 of our sticky topic 'NEW INSTRUCTIONS Read this Before Posting For Malware Removal Help'

Quote:

Why we don't ask you to run ComboFix from the onset

As stated by the author of ComboFix:

ComboFix is a very powerful tool which when improperly used may render your machine to a doorstop.

We first need to verify if there's any rootkits present and how they could affect our tools. DDS & GMER are preliminary scans. We use their logs to map our strategy for attack.

With these logs we can determine the infections present & decide whether to deploy ComboFix.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/missing-taskbar-start-menu-and-desktop-icons-desperate-newbie-seeking-help-377895.html
Relevancy 107.07%

After a recent compulsory update (13th Dec) to Windows 10, my start menu won't open by clicking on the icon or by the windows key. The search button also doesn't respond. All programs previously pinned to the taskbar no longer appear, even when open (making alt-tabbing the only way to switch windows). The clock/date and volume controls normally in the bottom right corner also don't appear. I've tried the powershell fix found on a couple of posts:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

but after initializing it doesn't seem to do much more.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

J.

A:Recent update: Start menu not working, taskbar icons/clock/volume gone

Try # 1 & #2 here

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/start-...pen-windows-10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33842-recent-update-start-menu-not-working-taskbar-icons-clock-volume-gone.html
Relevancy 107.07%

I'm using Windows 7 RTM x64.

Everything was fine, however somewhat randomly the icons for two of my taskbar pinned apps (Word and Outlook 2007) aren't displaying correctly. Also they (along with Access 2007) are appearing incorrectly in the Start Menu, however when the Start Menu folder itself is opened in explorer they all display fine.

I've tried running the apps to see if that helps, I've tried resizing the taskbar icons to large, I've tried "repairing" Office 2007. I've logged off and on again, restarted the PC, and they're still not displaying correctly.

(http://www.deankellham.com/stuff/OfficeIcons.png)

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dean

A:[SOLVED] Pinned taskbar icons not displaying correctly (also in Start Menu) &lt;see pict

I should add that the shortcuts still work both in the Start Menu and pinned on the Task Bar.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-pinned-taskbar-icons-not-displaying-correctly-also-in-start-menu-and-lt-see-pict-429169.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I have a client that has laptop with windows Pro He had a faulty network card so I have added a new usb network card That Cannot unlock start taskbar, taskbar pin to menu or said He can not pin anything to taskbar or start menu I cleared both folders of shortcuts of them but to no avail He also has no options under his desktop Context menu for New He is also using a roaming profile of which I Cannot pin to taskbar, start menu or unlock taskbar will disable next time I am there I have a feeling that might be the issue Cannot pin to taskbar, start menu or unlock taskbar I did scour the internet Cannot pin to taskbar, start menu or unlock taskbar trying all the usual suggestions but do vaguely remember something about an entry in cache somewhere that if it is too big or corrupt it could cause this behavior I am unable to find that post anywhere now Any thoughts I would appreciate it I mention the network card because one post had taskbar issues until he disabled his faulty network card I have disabled the faulty network card

A:Cannot pin to taskbar, start menu or unlock taskbar

Theres also settings in the performance options that can affect the ability to pin things to the taskbar at least. Have you ran a sfc/scannow on this machine?

Welcome to the forums btw.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274302-cannot-pin-taskbar-start-menu-unlock-taskbar.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I have been having CPU issues at I contacted except on GONE: background blank Desktop icons,taskbar,Start desktop Menu photo HP com Desktop icons,taskbar,Start Menu GONE: blank desktop except photo on background support and the last suggestion they suggested was to update the video card driver I have a Nividia GSForce MX Compaq Computer They sent me to a link to their ftp site and I followed the instructions to download install and do a restart When I restarted there were no desktop icons It probably means that whatever files are damaged are preventing the startup from finishing The normal internet programs that launch upon starting up the computer are not launched and I have to manually launch them by finding them I tried doing a last known good configuiration and when that failed in safe mode I couldn t access the Start Menu to do a system restore I tried rolling back the driver to the previous one to no avail I called HP and of course they wanted to charge me since it is out of warranty I said it was their file and I asked for a supervisor who told the tech to tell me the same thing So I was stuck with chat support We were able to try the system restore which didn t work I went to Control Panel and tried cliking on Taskbar or Start Menu but nothing happens HP sent me links for some patches HP said in an email quot Based on the information that I gathered from the chat session gt gt gt gt To resolve the issue Please follow these steps gt gt gt gt Please run this patch Please save the file on the desktop then install gt gt it gt gt gt gt http www kellys-korner-xp com regs edits enabledisabledesktopicons vbs gt gt gt gt The URL above will take you to a non HP Web site HP does not control gt gt and is not responsible for information outside of the HP Web site gt gt gt gt You can also visit the following weblink to download Windows XP TweakUI gt gt power toys utility gt gt gt gt http download microsoft com downl a -b - afb a TweakUiPowertoySetup exe gt gt gt gt Once you have downloaded and run the TweakUI you can access it by going gt gt to Start gt All programs gt TweakUI gt gt gt gt In the TweakUI window select repair and then select rebuilt icons and gt gt click on repair This utility will repair the corrupted system icons quot In Task Manager there is no explorer exe i downloaded and tried to install them but I can t see them anywhere since I can t see a thing on the desktop If I try to see All Programs Start Menu from the folders on the desktop it isn t there So I am not sure if either or both of those patches are installed HP also had be go into the registry to look for some files but I couldn t locate them They wanted me to put in the recovery CD but I don t want to lose all of the programs and applications from the past years I have backed up everything including my operating system Windows XP SP on Acronis True Image with a full backup and incremental backups the past weeks so maybe whatever is missing we can get from the backup on my Western Digital External hard drive I last did an incremental backup on Sat and so I know the computer was working fine other than the CPU rising to at times when viewing DVDs or video content on Internet Explorer I tried doing a system restore again from the day before the last configuartion point to no avail I hope someone can assist me in fixing this The only way I am able to use the computer is by bringing up the task manager going to File new task typing in iexplore and then changing that to desktop I am then able to use the computer but it is kinda like traveling from California to the East Coast on a donkey Please help me fix this Thank you to all Is there any way to copy those missing files from Windows XP from the Acronis incremental backup to fix this problem I don t know how many files are missing All I know is that the computer was working perfectly fine except for the known CPU issue prior to downloading their provided video driver file which they said came from the manufactur... Read more

A:Desktop icons,taskbar,Start Menu GONE: blank desktop except photo on background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-icons-taskbar-start-menu-gone-blank-desktop-except-photo-on-background.620957/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello, Would someone please be able to help me. I recently got my computer back after being repaired and it was on a small resoultion under the 1000's. I bought a new screen to go with it and just turned it on. I went to display settings and changed resoultion to 1920x1080 and now its just a big blank stretched wallpaper with no icons, task menu/bar or start menu. I also can't click or right click thus I have no way to change this back. I've tried going into normal safe mode and display settings changed it to the smallest, restarted the computer and its doing the exact same thing. I know no fixes and would really appreciate all the help I can get.

A:Changed Resoultion, Icons, Taskbar, Start menu All gone. Can't Click or right click

Follow the below steps:
Press CTRL+Alt+delete together and hit enter
Click on File and New Task (Run)
Type "Control" without any quotes. This will open control panel Window, from where you can easily get to display settings options and change your PC resolution back to it's initial state.

Good Luck.
Regards,
Oliver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/changed-resoultion-icons-taskbar-start-menu-all-gone-cant-click-or-right-click-657426.html
Relevancy 98.9%

The Start Menu,icons,taskbar,dont Appear
Only The Desktop Background Image Appears.....

But When I Restart The Computer Everything Appears Normal .

So My Computer Will Only Show Everything If I Restart After I 1st Boot It Up

So Everyday I Have To Boot My Computer Up Twice To Make It Work

Also Drives Keep Trying To Install Themselves When They Are Already Installed.

Relevancy 98.9%

hi i use windows xp service pack am facing a really annoying problem and would love it if someone helps me gt lt I remember few days ago my kaspersky identified some system file as a trojan so it probably a misunderstanding when i was installing system mechanic it got deleted and i have this automatic option to delete them after they are put in backup in kaspersky now whenever i open my pc my desktop and taskbar and start menu etc goes away after a few seconds Now i rely on the task manager here s the Hijack log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium no please no right taskbar,no no clicking desktop help! icons, start on menu, desktop AntiVirus dvpapi exe C Program Files iolo common lib no desktop icons, no taskbar,no start menu, no right clicking on desktop please help! ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C no desktop icons, no taskbar,no start menu, no right clicking on desktop please help! Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Registry Helper RegistryHelper exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe quot O - HKLM Run iolo AntiVirus quot C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional AntiVirus ioloAV exe quot O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run iolo Personal Firewall quot C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional Personal Firewall ioloFW exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - res C Program File... Read more

A:no desktop icons, no taskbar,no start menu, no right clicking on desktop please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-desktop-icons-no-taskbar-no-start-menu-no-right-clicking-on-desktop-please-help.727766/
Relevancy 95.89%

when i go the taskbar manager and click always hide on some of the icons i dont want to see, they still show up in the taskbar why? and also it shows icons in past items that i no longer have installed on my comp like avg, stopzilla, how do i remove them?

A:ICONS IN TASKBAR MENU

Can you post a screen shot and show us what you mean?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351054/icons-in-taskbar-menu/
Relevancy 95.89%

I came upstairs to find my computer attacked by popups I tried to run adaware as I run this about every rd day and it locked up on me I restarted the pc and I had a blank screen with no taskbar no icons and no start menu The only thing it will let me do is ctrl-alt-delete I can run in safe mode and login in to the administrative login and get icons, menu, no no taskbar! no to all my info saved on my pc but I can t get to it under my login I tried running hijackthis but it says it has encountered a problem and needs to close I did run adaware under safe mode in administative login but it doesn t seem to help I can t access Internet no icons, no menu, no taskbar! Explorer through it either Is there anything that I can do besides deleting everything and starting over I have a lot of info and it would be a real pain if I couldn t save it Any help would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:no icons, no menu, no taskbar!

tried to do a system restore?
-you can always get your stuff by putting your hard drive in another pc and running it as a slave drive

a post to read through:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Q_21201108.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-icons-no-menu-no-taskbar.357923/
Relevancy 94.17%

I just got a lenovo z50 for my dad and am setting the computer up for him.
There is a strange visual bug I can't seem to resolve regarding the context menu icons on the taskbar

You can see it right here in the attached screenshot the close and pin icons are huge and look out of place. I've tried changing dpi settings, resolution settings, changing themes, text size settings.

Note really sure what else to do.

Anyone have a clue? would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.

running windows 8.1 with all updates

A:strange taskbar context menu icons bug

What third party software are you running if any (i.e. Classic Shell or Start8)? Usually you see that kind of issue also from the software that the OEM's install. Lenovo uses their own, just like Toshiba does for desktop management.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69405-strange-taskbar-context-menu-icons-bug.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi all.

I wonder if anyone's come across this problem of a disappearing menu when right-clicking icons on taskbar. I see the menu then as soon as I navigate to it, it disappears. It's the same when I leftclick theshow hidden icons button.

It's hard to explain so I've taken a little video of the problem.

[ame=http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h284/mpppen/?action=view&current=Taskbbarproblem-1.flv]Taskbbarproblem-1.flv video by mpppen - Photobucket[/ame]

TIA for any help

PEN

A:Disappearing menu when right-clicking icons on taskbar

Hello Pen, and welcome to Seven Forums.

That is strange. I have a couple of questions though.

What build number of Windows 7 are your using?

Did you do a clean install when you installed Windows 7?

If you create another account as a test, does it work properly in it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/10710-disappearing-menu-when-right-clicking-icons-taskbar.html
Relevancy 94.17%

can someone give me a little assistance? i have a Dell inspiron labtop and once i turn it on the desktop icons and the start taskbar do not show up so i found a way to get into the control panel but it will not let me access the start menu. help
Deztheman

A:Problem with labtop icons and taskbar menu

Try this:
When the desktop is open, hit Ctr>Alt>Delete then click task manager. When the task manager opens, select File, from File select: New task(Run) type "explorer" no quotes, then ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-labtop-icons-and-taskbar-menu.368168/
Relevancy 92.88%

This references showing Toolbar rows Icons Taskbar 3 2-line Taskbar Large small using Quick Launch Bar icons don't wrap even though there is room - a post by chillz which discovers a quot bug quot with the taskbar not resetting the row-sizing for toolbars when dragging the taskbar to the left then back to the bottom I for a while now have been using a custom quick-launch toolbar on my taskbar with the taskbar being unit-lines in height and having the taskbar on my secondary left monitor When I first set this up it showed lines of small icons in the toolbar and up to lines on the standard taskbar This was perfect because the toolbar didn't reset the order every time I launched an application contrary to how the pinned application system works With pinned applications no matter what position I drop the icon the order always resets and floats from place to place so that system of organizing icons is disgusting because you have apps between icons of apps that aren't running some times and other times the running applications are above and Taskbar Toolbar showing 3 small rows using Large Icons 2-line Taskbar below with or without grouping enabled The vertical display would be the ideal way for me to view unlaunched applications see aforementioned topic because they group together and launched apps come after in horizontal mode the taskbar is chaotic without a toolbar organizing the apps to one side but then you lose the functionality of the pinned-application system if you forfeit usage of that chaotic horizontal system in favor of how the vertical system works but in horizontal mode To the point After an update restart the toolbar reset and only showed lines despite there being more than enough room for rows of small icons I couldn't figure out what happened or what changed and then I read the aforementioned topic after some searching to find it actually worked Moving the taskbar to the left then back down resets the order so lines can be used on a line-unit height taskbar with large icons I would like to see several things fixed - Fix the chaotic organizing system of the horizontal taskbar to match the vertical display mode so pinned-apps are always on one side and use all lines while opened apps read like a book Other people will likely have a different opinion to this suggestion and I'd like to read them - Fix the toolbar icon organizational system so all space can be utilized without needing to move the taskbar each restart or update I have yet to restart since fixing the issue and I rarely restart as it is but others may not keep their pc running stressful on components to keep restarting Again I'd like to read others opinions on this but I'm sure most will agree on this point that unused space shouldn't be wasted Here we see all rows in my quick-launch toolbar Unfortunately without restarting or receiving a new update I can't reset the toolbar back to lines which is fantastic and I didn't take a screenshot prior to moving the taskbar to the left then back down but for simple effect imagine the top lines visibly the bottom invisible and an arrow on the right for extra icons and that is the default view You'll likely be able to repeat the effect if you don't have a toolbar and try it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386948-taskbar-toolbar-showing-3-small-rows-using-large-icons-2-line-taskbar.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi,

I have a computer set up with Windows 8.1 freshly installed. When I right click on any item in the taskbar, the dropdown (context?) menu graphics seem to be broken. The pin icon is out of proportion and text is hard to read because it is black text on a dark background.

Have downloaded all updates - no resolution.

Changed themes (high-contrast themes for example) - no resolution.

Any ideas?

A:Right-click menu for taskbar icons is broken -pic included

Found solution here Right-click Taskbar Context Menu has weird colors

Needed to uninstall patch KB3072318.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70278-right-click-menu-taskbar-icons-broken-pic-included.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I know that the full version can be achieved while holding the shift key, but is there way to bypass that and have the regular full sized menu by default?

A:Why is the context menu in Start Menu and Taskbar so small?

not as far as i know ; unless one resorts to magnifying windows entirely .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213402-why-context-menu-start-menu-taskbar-so-small.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi all.
I have a simple question how to reduce the taskbar menu icons using regedit
For now they are big to me.
Of course I know how to reduce the taskbar menu icons but I want to reduce them using registry.
Is there any trick to do this?
Maybe someone you know and you can help?

here is where i want to change it to smaller icons on taskbar meniu.

And this is the way i know how to change but not do not know how to do that with registry.

Thank you in advance.

A:how to enable small icons in taskbar menu using registry tweak ?

Hello Polas, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The way you are showing is how to change the size of the icons on your desktop, but not on the taskbar.
OPTION TWO or THREE in the tutorial below can show you how to change the taskbar icons to be large or small using the registry. It's the same in Windows 8.

Taskbar - Use Small or Large Icons - Windows 7 Forums

Hope this helps,

Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/8110-how-enable-small-icons-taskbar-menu-using-registry-tweak.html
Relevancy 91.16%

don't have taskbar or startmenu to do above, have in safe mode but not administr, at wits end with microsoft techs

A:No Taskbar or Start Menu

don't have taskbar or startmenu to do above, have in safe mode

Some non-system applications cause this.In safe mode go to

Start>>Search>>eventvwr.msc

Check error messages in Application and System sections,pay attention on errors which appears with system start.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/188012-no-taskbar-start-menu.html
Relevancy 91.16%
A:No Start Menu and Taskbar

Have you tried Task manager>applications>new task and typed explorer.exe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-start-menu-and-taskbar.948374/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have searched the web and tried several things.

I ran task manager and explorer.exe process is running. I closed it and ran it again.

I went to the registry and found the shell data and it is explorer.

I have tried ctrl+esc.

None of these things work!

Any ideas please?

A:no taskbar or start menu

Ok I have found something else on the web and tried it but does not fix everything

I right-clicked the bottom of my screen and now I have desktop toolbar and the start menu. But I can find no option to show the running tasks or windows if you prefer.

Edit: I am logged in to a secondary account right now as this one I have minimal success. My primary account I can not bring up taskbar at all!

This is account I have to right click bottom of screen and check something and it appears although it does not show tasks that are running.

Also when I log into my primary account(with no start menu or taskbar) I can hit windows+L and when I select another account it brings me right back to account selection and only one I can select successfully is the primary one.

To access my secondary login I needed to restart my computer and go straight there!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-taskbar-or-start-menu-368536.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have searched the web and tried several things.

I ran task manager and explorer.exe process is running. I closed it and ran it again.

I went to the registry and found the shell data and it is explorer.

I have tried ctrl+esc.

None of these things work!

Any ideas please?

A:no taskbar or start menu

Please reply in other thread I don't know why there are two, Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-taskbar-or-start-menu-368535.html
Relevancy 91.16%

At first, I couldn't open windows explorer in start menu. then slowly but surely, I've not been able to open other programs (system information, incredimail, My Computer ...). These all work fine in safe mode though.
I've uninstalled everything that has been recently installed and reinstalled incredimail. Still won't open in windows even when navigating to the program directory. Google search didn't help any. Anyone got an Idea?

A:Start Menu And Taskbar

Are you getting any specific error messages.
Have you run any spyware or antivirus scans?
Have ya cleared your temp internet files and history lately?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34470/start-menu-and-taskbar/
Relevancy 91.16%

first, how do u change the task bar to something different? Is this only customizable when changing the theme?

second, how do you change the start menu icon?

A:taskbar and start menu help

first = Google

second = Start Menu Button - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/36023-taskbar-start-menu-help.html
Relevancy 91.16%

There is no pin to start menu or taskbar option in the right click menu, help.

A:Pin to start menu or taskbar

Hello Ready, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Could you give us more details on about your problem? For example, what type of file are you right clicking on, what is it's location, etc.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34541-pin-start-menu-taskbar.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I think last Friday I downloaded a custom search box that is displayed in my taskbar. I tried it and it takes me to BlazeSearch. I am able to hid the bar, but cannot disable or delete.

I have installed Spybot and Hijack This and actually found the search assistant program, but it is still displaying.

Any thoughs?

Windows XP

Relevancy 91.16%

i dont have access to my start menu or my taskbar until i sign on to my isp,all i get is an hour glass

A:my taskbar and start menu

Is this a new problem? Can you boot into Safe mode? Does anything work normally in Safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-taskbar-and-start-menu.197732/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi. My husband has an eMachines T2341 running Windows XP Home Ed. He just reinstalled XP & upon completion found there is no 'Start' icon in the taskbar. I had him open 'My Computer' from the desktop & go to 'Control Panel'. From there, open 'Appearance & Themes' & then 'Taskbar & Start Menu'.
'Taskbar & Start Menu' will not open although 'Display' & 'Folder Options' will.
I'm stuck here...suggestions on how to pin the 'Start' icon to the taskbar?
Thanks for your help.
camhames

A:Start Menu Not Available On Taskbar

WARNING:This is a registry edit. If you're not comfortable with working in the registry, DO NOT ATTEMPT.Improper changes to the registry could render your computer inoperable.Remember to backup the registry before making any changes.Instructions, on how to do that, can be found here:How to back up, edit, and restore the registryTry this:kellys-kornerRestore Taskbar and Start Menu - #117, on the Left

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73945/start-menu-not-available-on-taskbar/
Relevancy 91.16%

ive had vista for about 2 months and this problem keeps happening to me more and more frequently...
my taskbar keeps messing up and freezing, so i cant see the time and the programs that i have running. and i cant see the start menu. The only way to fix it is to reboot the computer
is there any way to fix this ?

Relevancy 91.16%

I am trying to help a friend of mine get her new computer to her satisfaction.

We both have Windows 7 and on mine (a few months old), I have both the large buttons on the taskbar at the button in addition to smaller icons to the left of them. She does not have to have the small buttons (Big ones are easy to setup) however, when she clicks on her Internet Explorer (and other programs she has pinned like Word, Excel, etc.) button at the bottom, it won't open up multiple sessions. Whereas on mine, I can click on the small IE button to the left and get as many sessions as I want.

I am also attaching a screen shot of my computer. As you can see, I have both big buttons and small buttons to the left. How does one get those small buttons? Thank you all VERY much for your help!!!

A:Taskbar vs. start menu

This should help you
Quick Launch - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/157264-taskbar-vs-start-menu.html
Relevancy 91.16%

As you all know, it is possible to pin a program to start menu or/and taskbar.
I have done this and it works well, but today I lost my start menu (only the pinned programs) and all my pinneds program at the taskbar.

And I can't get them back - have tried restart and system restore

Any idears
/Per

A:Taskbar and Start Menu

Hello Per, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you able to repin them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/59286-taskbar-start-menu.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Alright....i dont think they are GONE, but they are not visible whatsoever.....I think they are positioned off screen somewhere.....tried switching resolutions and everything. Any ideas for help??? Please? I think there is a way to get it back to its usual position, but i dont remember....please help me out, thanks

Relevancy 90.73%

I Can Only Get To Task Manager On My Desktop. Everything Else Is Gone. I Can Get To Some Of My Programs Through Task Manager. I Cannot Get To Accessories Or System Restore. I Cannot Run In Safe Mode Either. A Black Screen Comes Up And Different File Names With Window 32 In It Come Up-then It Freezes. I Cannot Remember What I Was Doing Right Before This Happened. I Think I Ran Aol Computer Checkup But Not Sure. Aol Was Not Help Since I Can Get To Aol Throught Task Manager. Please Help!

Relevancy 90.3%

I'm experiencing some difficulties with clicking stuff in my Start Menu. I can click on my Start menu, and I can highlight and select things in there as well, but when I place my cursor over a sub-menu, such as All Programs, the next sub-menu will open, but I cannot highlight anything in there, and the entire taskbar freezes as well. I can click on the desktop or anywhere else to close the start menu though, but I cannot select anything inside the All Programs sub-menu.

Any ideas?

A:Problem with taskbar / Start Menu

Having same pro blem, Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-taskbar-start-menu-487835.html
Relevancy 90.3%

When I right click on the start button and when the menu appears some options have been added to the menu. I would like to delete these and add a few commands of my own, but I can't seem to find where to do this anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Taskbar and Start Toolbar Menu

Melonhead: Right-click the "start" button>click "properties">click "custumize". From there, you can arrange things as you want.

pjblevin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-and-start-toolbar-menu.324977/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi, this is my first time to use this site. I've been having problems with my computer for several days and haven't been able to fix it. I'm using Windows XP pro. The taskbar at the bottom and the start menu don't work and when i mouse over them it just shows the hour glass. I've tried ending and restarting explorer.exe and restarting the computer doesn't help. I've tried doing system restore and that doesn't help either. I don't know if I have a virus, or if I might have accidentally deleted something, but I don't remember deleting any files recently. If someone could help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Blake.

A:Taskbar/start menu not working

First check to see how much ram you have (one or some may have gone bad) you may have only enough to run your OS. If this is not the case then run your antivirus s/ware, see if that solves it. If not, whack yur Xp cd in to boot to, and repair yur current install, no data will be lost.

Good luck my friend!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-start-menu-not-working.190381/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi all.... I'm having a problem with my taskbar and start menu- I can't unlock the taskbar or pin anything on the start menu.... also, I noticed in Control Panel, it comes up in category view, I try to change to small icons, and it won't let me- it will go to large icons, but not small.

Anybody have any ideas- I'm at my wit's end ( which, I grant you, isn't a far trip)

A:taskbar/ start menu locked

Quote: Originally Posted by swedejr

Hi all.... I'm having a problem with my taskbar and start menu- I can't unlock the taskbar or pin anything on the start menu.... also, I noticed in Control Panel, it comes up in category view, I try to change to small icons, and it won't let me- it will go to large icons, but not small.

Anybody have any ideas- I'm at my wit's end ( which, I grant you, isn't a far trip)

Do you just have the normal Windows 7 installation, or are you using other programs,( third party applications), as well?

Some Malware programs can cause various strange behaviour. Download this;

Malwarebytes

And run it. Tell us what it says.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/154800-taskbar-start-menu-locked.html
Relevancy 90.3%

My computer is facing a problem,I have windows XP professional Sp2 , in which the Start Menu and Taskbar at the bottom of my screen is missing. It is a suspected virus , even though i have installed Qucikheal 2010 Anti-Virus it is not detecting any virus. ANd my system restore is also not working.

Please provide your valuable inputs to my problem and looking forward towards the solutions.

P.S - I am also not able to Copy and paste any of the files in my PC. ( i wanted to take a backup of imp. documents on a usb pen drive)

Thanks alot

A:start menu and taskbar is missing!

DO a ctrl+alt+delete and see if explorer.exe is running, and what is Quick Heal? Sounds like one of those fake anti-virus programs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304568/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-missing/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi,
Just tried to set-up AutoCAD 2008 Keygen.exe on my pc. It said that the application is incompatible so I just removed the file. The next day when I opened my computer, after logging on, the taskbar & start menu didn't show. With only one window opened, I tried to fix it through control panel but still it didn't work. Also tried Ctrl-Esc and safe-mode but to no avail.
Not sure if said file is not really compatible with Vista as what I have read on forums or it is a virus.
Can somebody help me fix this? The following might be of help:
File Description: Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor
File Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Thanks in advance.

A:Lost Taskbar & Start Menu

Originally Posted by leo24

Hi,
Just tried to set-up AutoCAD 2008 Keygen.exe on my pc.

Sorry, i missed that (keygen)
You are then surely infected, never download such rubbish progs.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/158286-lost-taskbar-start-menu.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I've tried to fix this from sites and advice on the internet, but it keeps happening. I can't find a topic here on this, so I apologize if I'm posting something I shouldn't be.

Thanks for any direction you can send me in.

Jovin

A:taskbar and start menu KEEP disappearing.

Hi Jovin,

Does this happen every time you turn on your PC/laptop? What about if you do a restart?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36693-taskbar-start-menu-keep-disappearing.html
Relevancy 90.3%

hi
lots of thanks for resolving all the problems i face with my pc.
now i have a problem
1. all the icons in my start menu look similar and all of them open in the same window if i on the all program in the start menu and open any one of that with applying default program then all the programs in the start menu open in the same program format .
2. icons like window media player or other default icons are not shown in the task bar.

A:start menu and taskbar problem

Have you scanned for viruses? Please try one of these free, online scanners to ensure that your protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

If infected, please follow the instructions in the First Steps link in the upper right of this page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/start-menu-and-taskbar-problem-530347.html
Relevancy 90.3%

My Start Menu or whatever it's now called on the bottom left corner of the desktop disappeared. I'm not sure if it was accidentally unpinned but I've tried and can't seem to find a way to add it back to my taskbar. Can someone please help?

A:Start Menu (Or Whatever It's Now Called) Gone From Taskbar

Welcome to EightForums, marylebone.

Are you talking about the mini Start Screen that appears on the bottom left corner? This is one of what is now called a hot corner.

You may go to the Start Screen by pushing the Windows key. Push again to return to previous screen.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22201-start-menu-whatever-its-now-called-gone-taskbar.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I have spent all day trying different cures for the Startup menu and task bar freeze problem to no avail.
The problem does not exist in my user acct only in the wife's and she is getting upset. I did some how get it to stop locking out and forcing a restart. I wish I knew how? I'm obviously not real computer savy. It's no wonder they give this away if you had the audacity to charge people for something this screwed up you could get into real trouble

A:Start up menu and Taskbar problems

You may want to stop using Edge and download and use Chrome. Edge seems to cause freezing in some computers.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37334-start-up-menu-taskbar-problems.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Dear friends I am revisiting this top approx - years later still searching for resolution My teenage son attempted to download a codec via internet for on PC XP Start Taskbar, internet No menu, gaming on a Windows XP PC and the results are as follows the taskbar and start menu have disappeared internet explorer flashes open for a millisecond then closes I cannot copy files to or from a jump drive plugged into any available USB port Today if I take dds scr over to that computer on my ScanCruzer GB jump drive and No Taskbar, Start menu, internet on XP PC click to open it too simply flashes open for a moment then closes I m also having trouble opening RootRepeal exe from the jump drive on the stricken computer - appears to be hanging up endless hourglass and I have now seen a quot virtual memory too low quot message When last discussed here we were No Taskbar, Start menu, internet on XP PC trying to figure out why I cannot move files to or from a jump drive - as earlier in the process I was able to copy off at least three different HijackThis logs which I still have copies of and would be able to post in a follow-up to this topic I also have a Windows XP disk but don t want to reinstall just yet as all my photo music etc files on the XP computer are still quot good quot and have not been affected by the malware virus If I could download all of those files to a jump drive I might be willing to simply reinstall XP Hoping someone can help Connectigreg

A:No Taskbar, Start menu, internet on XP PC

You could remove the hard drive and install it in another computer as a slave and get the files off of itYou could also try a rescue disk:Vipre rescue diskhttp://live.sunbeltsoftware.com/If you cannot bootup normally, cannot transfer required tools to the infected machine and cannot download anything while in safe mode, then your options are limited to what security tools you have on your computer. If those tools do not work, then your options become even more limited.Have you tried using System Restore from a command prompt in Safe Mode to return to a previous state before your problems began?If that doesn't work. these are links to Anti-virus vendors that offer free LiveCD or Rescue CD utilities that are used to boot from for repair of unbootable and damaged systems, rescue data, scan the system for virus infections. Burn it as an image to a disk to get a bootable CD. All (except Avira) are in the ISO Image file format. Avira uses an EXE that has built-in CD burning capability.Avira AntiVir Rescue System - Tutorial for Avira Rescue CD.
If you encounter problems running the Rescue Disk, you can get further assistance at the Avira Support Forum.Dr Web LiveCD. Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided in the User Manual.F-Secure Rescue CD - Current version download & Rescue CD User?s Guide.
Video: How to Remove Malware with F-Secure Rescue CD
If you encounter problems running the Rescue CD, you can get further assistance at the F-Secure Support Forum.BitDefender LiveCD - Index of /rescue_cd
If you encounter problems running the Rescue CD, you can get further assistance at the BitDefender Support Forum.Kaspersky RescueDisk - Index of /devbuilds/RescueDisk/
If you encounter problems running the RescueDisk, you can get further assistance at the Kaspersky Support Forum.Users of Panda products can also try Panda SafeCD. The download consists of an ISO that you can either burn into a CD/DVD or create a more convenient Boot USB stick.
If you encounter problems running SafeCD, you can get further assistance at the Panda Support Forum.If you are not sure how to burn an image, please read How to write a CD/DVD image or ISO. If you need a FREE utility to burn the ISO image, download and use ImgBurn.Note: In order to use a rescue disk, the boot order must be set to start from the CD-ROM drive. If the CD is not first in the boot order, the computer will attempt to start normally by booting from the hard drive. The boot order is a setting found in the computer?s BIOS which runs when it is first powered on. This setting controls the order that the BIOS uses to look for a boot device from which to load the operating system. The default will normally be A:, C:, CD-ROM. Different computers have different ways to enter the BIOS. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to:Changing Your Computers Boot OrderHow to Change the Boot Order in BIOS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271595/no-taskbar-start-menu-internet-on-xp-pc/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello all I received a pavilion with windows xp pro and MHz CPU MB of ram This pc was riddle with malware I used mbam sas and dr web cureit in safe mode With all And Taskbar Start Problems menu the infections totaled it was around detected and to follow up in normal mode with avira add another or so Taskbar And Start menu Problems Oh did I mention no updates were possible because of a internet connection Taskbar And Start menu Problems problem There were restrictions that prevented me from gaining access to systems properties control panel and few others so once I ran the all those scans I tried a command to restore security polices and then used another program called xp security console which allowed me access to those fore mention areas When I switched between users account I found the taskbar and start menu unresponsive Everything else works except avira and when the cursor is over the taskbar it simply changes to an hour glass shape and stay that until moved Now in safe mode it works ther are no problems whatsoever Something else happened while in normal I accidentally opened windows update in the systems tray and one was genuine windows validation which failed I believe because there was no internet connection but I wonder could it be related to the taskbar startmenu thingy I ve got dsl and tried to connect to the net thru the usb port because erthernet adapter had been removed This didn t do anything so I switch a ethernet adapter from another hp pc I had fits like charm but no luck with connection The drivers and modem dsl are fine they light up correctly but still no internet I didn t know where to post this so I took a shot in the dark I m novice with computers but I ve had a modicum of successful with other malware removals This is just has me stomped I hope someone out there can help me please

A:Taskbar And Start menu Problems

check device manager to see if ethernet drivers installed ... right click my computer ... properties ... hardware tab ... device manager button

personally with a machine riddled with that many problems i would start again with a clean install (delete partitions, format, install OS)
if you don't have a windows xp disk why not try ubuntu linux (very windows like)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239403/taskbar-and-start-menu-problems/
Relevancy 90.3%

my pc got so many problems i m so clueless how it all happened and how to fix them finding ways to solve them is etc... menu/taskbar, start missing just so time-consuming and distressful so here r the symptoms of my Windows Home XP gt the start menu bar disappeared not hidden gt mmod Module missing start menu/taskbar, etc... error always pops up before surfing the net I tried to reinstall the memory module inside the missing start menu/taskbar, etc... computer but nothing happened gt the Help amp Support doesn t show up and also the System Restore gt the newly installed Norton Internet Security is not working anymore I tried to uninstall or remove it but the system didn t allow gt unable to type messages for an outgoing email the whole message space is sort of blocked gt a certain website has changed to a poor appearance like the fonts are changed the phrases are hidden or unable to go to the next page etc gt System Battery is low could this be the cause of all of these symptoms I m sensing that this could really be the problem but i m not sure so please inform me about the system battery how it affects everything in the pc and the internet nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

I sure would appreciate if someone would help. Something I did a few days ago has caused my start menu and taskbar to disappear and for the the life of me I can't realize what I need to do. I am running Vista. Keep in mind I have NOTHING at the bottom of the screen, so I can not turncomputer off, I cannot click in an empty space. I did go into startup and task bar properties and "lock toolbar" is unchecked. I know I should be able to fix this but I think I am "brain dead"

A:Solved: start up menu and taskbar gone

here is a suggestion from another forum that worked for the poster ...

When you boot and see the black screen, press CTRL+ALT+DEL. Select the Task
Manager from the menu.

In the Task Manager, go to File/New. Type explorer.exe and click OK.

Does this cause the Desktop and TaskBar to appear?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-start-up-menu-and-taskbar-gone.785450/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I m having trouble trying to get back and disappeared!! menu the Start Taskbar my Start menu and Taskbar on my Desktop Here s what happened that led to their disappearance Last night I installed the beta nVIDIA detonator drivers It ran fine on all of my other games until it messed up on Deus Ex The preferred game to test new drivers the Start menu and Taskbar disappeared!! for me So I uninstalled it through Control Panel s Add Remove option When the computer restarted I just got a blank screen So I brought in another video card TNT M from my older computer and plugged it in my PCI slot When I could see again I took the original CD from when I bought my PNY GF Ti- and installed the s Then I shut down the computer plugged the monitor cord back into the GF and booted When WinXP loaded I could see my desktop and desktop items but the Start Menu and the Taskbar were no where to be found I m not sure what this calls for I hope I don t have to re-install my OS b c I ve never done it before Help would be appreciated nbsp

A:the Start menu and Taskbar disappeared!!

Do you have "auto hide" enabled for the task bar? Hold your mouse over the bottom of the screen for a few seconds and see if it pops the taskbar up....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-start-menu-and-taskbar-disappeared.87696/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have major computer problem here I beleive I have the Zlob downloader and all assoc viruses I have no desktop or start menu I have to use taskmanager to access everything the owner of this laptop desktop, start menu no or taskbar went into the registry and did God knows what of course there is no disc available for the laptop I tried loading cceaner registry back up but no desktop, taskbar or start menu no dice I am not sure what the path is suppose to be in the reg for the desktop tried lots of things I found online but none of them worked I have ran spybot cceaner Ewido online version Defender he has a useless version of Norton Here is my HJT Log Is this hopeless Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System ACS exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Toshiba IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http toshibadirect com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com F - REG system ini Shell O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Nothing - f c d -b b - f -aa - fee c - C WINDOWS system hp tmp O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run PadTouch C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe O - HKLM Run SmoothView C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Pinger C TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exe run O - HKLM Run Dell AIO Printer A quot C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -a... Read more

Relevancy 90.3%

When i turn on my computer it completely skips over the start menu and immediately goes to where the desktop should be. Instead of my background though, the whole desktop is just black. The tool bar and the side panel will not open. I have been able to find and run most of the programs i use everyday like Skype and the internet through running them with task manager. Please help me fix this problem as soon as possible, thank you!

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi,

Recently I was experiencing a bit of slowness when playing a MMO, and I figured that perhaps this was a Windows update that wanted to install so I tried restarting the computer. At that time, I got a message (disappeared too quickly to remember) telling me that something was "dirty" and it performed so sort of cleaning on all my files. Afterwards, the taskbar and the start menu did not boot with windows. I attempted to restart it again but still the same. The boots take a longer than usual time and the icons on my desktop show up quite slowly. As well, every 5-10 I lose my active window as if a program is about to open, but nothing ever does.

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi all,

I have a computer here with Windows XP Professional installed. The taskbar has hidden itself and seems to be corrupted in some way. I arrows appear to stretch it up from the bottom but you can't. Also pressing the windows key will not open the Start Menu. The taskbar is unlocked. It is not a matter of running explorer.exe either. There is no spyware on the PC but when I try to run some programs I get runtime errors. I have done several chkdsks and also done a repair install of Windows. Can't think where to go next. Urgent help needed please.

TIA

OCSE*

A:Taskbar and Start Menu Not Working

try this fix
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Line 164 , left hand side, download and use the small vbs script
Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-and-start-menu-not-working.978772/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have a PC running XP Professional. I wanted to delete some files to free up space but accidentally deleted a group of files that should have been compressed.

Since that time, I can not see my desktop icons but can see the background picture. I can not see the start menu or taskbar and right click does not work.

At first internet explorer did not work - I used netscape to access the internet - finally I was able to reinstall internet explorer and it works now. I have tried operating in safe mode but get a black screen only.

Appreciate your comments. I am new to the site, joined today - hope I'm doing this right because I am totally lost when it comes to computers.
thanks

A:No Desktop or Start Menu or Taskbar

Hello!
What I can do is give you some suggestions.

Try rebooting. What I mean is shutting down the comp, then turning the power button on, then clicking f8, and choosing the simple reboot.

Try to start the system from the last...how do you say it...the last "autosaved" mode. Because hopefully you did not delete the documents permanently. Computer is a machine, after all.

Bad case...but good luck, anyway.
/Zquirrel.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-desktop-or-start-menu-or-taskbar-153858.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello All,

When switch on my computer , the start menu and task bar is hidden

How can i display it ?

reagrds

A:start menu and taskbar are hidden

Is it hidden when you drag your mouse to the bottom of the screen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-menu-and-taskbar-are-hidden.666190/
Relevancy 90.3%

hello this is my 1st post and i hope it has a good ending. this is my prob-

no bottom taskbar/big green "start" button (whole thing)on the bottom of my desktop

ive already

-relogged

-restarted

-ctl alt delete/ apps/ new tasks/ explorer.exe

-hit the "windows" button

-jumped down, turned around, picked a bale of cotton

-ctrl alt delete/ users/logoff

none of these work

i installed new nvidia drivers and they wont even work, so i reinstalled the old 1's and theres no start menu taskbar now

cmon guys ...youre my only hope

A:HELP!Start menu and taskbar not showing up!

Have you tried going to My Computer > Control Panel > Taskbar Properties. And uncheck "autohide" and checking "always on top."

If that doesn't work, then try moving the cursor to the bottom of the screen and right clicking. If you get a different menu click "properties" and then click "always on top," and uncheck "autohide."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29773/helpstart-menu-and-taskbar-not-showing-up/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi,
I recently upgraded my desktop to Windows 10, but have encountered a few problems that I hope you could help me out with.
The taskbar is not working as intended - I can use it to switch between open programs and launch any pinned programs, but right-clicking them does not work. Left-clicking does not work on the running services? located in the bottom right corner, however right-clicking here does.
The start menu does not work either, clicking the windows key results in absolutely nothing. Manually clicking the windows key in the bottom left corner likewise results in nothing.
Finally the Start-up tab in the Task Manager is blank, and lists BIOS-time to be 0 seconds.
Hope you can help me out!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/taskbar-start-menu-not-working-4600055/
Relevancy 90.3%

I would like to delete the list of past items logged in taskbar and start menu properties inside the 'customize' option. (click on control panel,appearance and themes, taskbar and staret menu, then customize).

Is there a way of removing the information?

A:windows xp taskbar and start menu

Probably buried in the registry. Try opening regedit and searching for a word in one of the items you want to delete. Be sure to make a backup of your registry before changing anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-taskbar-and-start-menu.182101/
Relevancy 90.3%

After I run rKill there aren't any icons on the desktop and there isn't a taskbar / start menu so I'm not able to run Malwarebytes because there isn't anything to choose, click, open.

I know that rKill removes the desktop icons but does it also remove the taskbar and start menu?

I don't know how to run Malwarebytes after running rKill.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:After rKill ran no taskbar / start menu

Did you try to restart computer.
rKill disables some items only until next reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424567/after-rkill-ran-no-taskbar-start-menu/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have been searching all day with no prevail, i keep finding stuff on movie the taskbar to the right but not just the Start Menu button.
i have posted in other forums aswell and either get no reply or people giving wrong info.
i create a image to better explain what i want to do in hopes someone from this forum can help, many of you have helped me before customize my windows over the past years and know someone may know something i don't

there seems to be no image link button or i am blind
but here is the url of the image

top is what i have
bottom is what i want
thanks
Vaughn

A:Putting The Start Menu On The Right Of The Taskbar

Sorry it can not be done
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/133321-putting-start-menu-right-taskbar.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I was wondering if there was a way too make the taskbar look like vista's bar and make the start menu a different color, maybe even a gradient (if possible)? I have attached an image of what I would like to accomplish.

A:Change Taskbar and start menu look

possible, using 3rd party themes with uxtheme patched and modified explorer.exe for the startmenu icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/89981-change-taskbar-start-menu-look.html