Windows Support Forum

How can I change the keyboard type

Q: How can I change the keyboard type

I have bought a new computer with Windows 7 Premium Home 64-bit OS pre-installed. I made the mistake of specifying my keyboard type as US during the initial setup. I need to change it to Japanese type. I followed the steps mentioned in the help documentation to select the desired keyboard type after clicking the Change Keyboard button on the Keyboard Settings window. But it did not work. I am unable to enter Japanese text through my keyboard. Kindly help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How can I change the keyboard type

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How can I change the keyboard type

Step-by-step:

1.) Click your Start Orb
2.) Click Control Panel
3.) In "Category" mode, click "Change Keyboards or other input methods" below Clock, Language, and Region
4.) On the small screen that pops up, click the "Change Keyboards" button
5.) Near the middle-right side of the next screen that pops up, click the "Add" button
6.) Find Japanese, click the "+" sign next to it.
7.) Click the "+" next to "Keyboard" and check the checkbox next to Japanese
8.) Click OK.
9.) On the next screen, change your default input language at the top, and once again, click Ok.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200979-how-can-i-change-keyboard-type.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Just bought an AIO Qosmio px30t-a-14r / windows 8.1

At power-up, during first setup, I had to choose language and keyboard setting.

I choose language: englisch-uk.
For the keyboard I had the choice of 3 types:
- belgian comma
- belgian dot (or point?)
- belgian french
I did choose belgian comma.

However, further down the setup process I could test key response of the keyboard with this setup.
This was the wrong setting.

How do I change it to 'belgian dot' or 'belgian french'.
Should be one of these 2 but I do not know how to change it.

Has anybode a suggestion?

thanks
RC

A:Qosmio PX30T-A-14r: How to change keyboard language type

This is not very tricky:
Press the Windows key + C to open your Charms.. Then select the Settings charm, and then click Change PC settings. Click Time and language, then select Region and language. On the right, select your language and the click Options. Click Add a keyboard and then select the keyboard you want from the list.
This will add your selection to the Keyboards list.
You can remove a keyboard by clicking on it then click Remove.
Furthermore you can also add multiple keyboard layouts and switch between them when needed.

You can switch between your keyboard layouts clicking on the current language and keyboard in the lower right, and then select a keyboard layout. Or you can use the 2nd method: On your desktop you will see your current language in the lower right corner beside the clock. Click on your current language and choose a keyboard layout.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?76192-Qosmio-PX30T-A-14r-How-to-change-keyboard-language-type
Relevancy 59.77%

so a few years back i read a magazine that said to change the type of computer in device manager to standard pc because it made the computer run a little better or faster so now i ve got my laptop and i ve noticed it type type device in manager! can't computer back original to change getting slower and thought that i would can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! do this VERY BAD MOVE i can still boot windows and everything - it meant that i had to let the computer reinstall all of can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! the drivers for my hardware - but i have noticed in the device manager now that there are two instances of standard pc there is also a new section titled other devices with about devices that seem to have no driver for them - some mention ISA so i am guessing that changing to standard pc means that windows thinks my laptop is now a desktop pc with ISA slots i find that when i put my laptop lid down the thing shuts down when i press the power button it turns off straight away doesn t even shut down i had had the laptop configured for ages to do nothing when i closed the lid and give me shut down options when i pressed the power button i look in power options and i can only cinfigure the monitor screen and hard disk power off options - every other option is not available when i do bring up the shut down options i can no longer choose standby i have also realised that i can not turn on my wireless connection - i ve tried all sorts to get it to work with no avail the laptop is an acer ferrari and when i call up the manager app it says that bluetooth and wireless are not present by the way i can still get the bluetooth button to work - correction - it starts up with the button on but if i turn it off it won t let me turn it on again the emanager and presentation manager buttons on the laptops casing don t work either i have to access them via software route my questions are is it possible that something is going on with the acer part of my system - with regards to the buttons and also the wireless and bluetooth can i change my computer type back to acpi uniprocessor pc yes it is compatible and will this solve all of my power option limitations other device entries have i got any of my suspicions right and is there anything i ve missed by the way - i really really really don t want to reinstall windows xp all over again because it has taken me about months and COUNTLESS hours to customise my system to a T i was hoping to get it perfect and then backup an image so i have a better starting block in the future if i reinstall the system i haven t got the windows install discs on me because they are at another location far away and i can t get them very easily at all - i do have an image to reinstall from however but it would take forever to recustomise everything again every bit of help is a life saver - thank you in advance even ideas are appreciated Steve nbsp

A:can't change computer type back to original type in device manager!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-computer-type-back-to-original-type-in-device-manager.589607/
Relevancy 55.47%

hey guyss..i have problem with my computer....all my icon change to Windows media player and all target type change to EXE File...what should i do.....plzzz...
#sorry for my bad english..
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit sp1

2 gb ram

A:All icon change to WMP and all target type change to EXE File

Hello Kechik Crew, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could do a system restore using a restore point dated before this happened to undo and fix this quickly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337645-all-icon-change-wmp-all-target-type-change-exe-file.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys, Something really strange started happening two days ago. Out of the blue the following keys stopped working: GHBackspaceWindows Key@' The laptop is a couple of years old and a bit dusty, so I took it to the local shop to get the keyboard replaced and cleaned. Seemed to be working fine when I left the shop. Then, a little while ago the space key and P stopped. Five minutes later they started working again but ctrl stopped and N is temperamental. I haven't spilt anything on it or knocked it. Any ideas what's going on?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-Random-Keys-Not-Working-Despite-Change-of-Keyboard/td-p/5830899
Relevancy 49.88%

My keyboard does not let me input a key more than once. for example, if i am typing the word letter. it does not let me type in the 2nd t. the only way i could add the 2 letter is if i use an entirely diferent buton. but this is not only specific to leters. even the backspace key and space bar, i canot type seamlesly. you can se in this and the last sentance that every word that neds two of the same keys, it doesn't work. I have to use the curser afterwards to ad in the leter i ned. even the space bar and backspace key does not work twice in a row.

is this a hardware isue or is it somekind of software problem?

it's so anoying. i can't even type www. without takeing like 20 seconds. help please!

thanks!

A:keyboard does not let me type same key twice

Borrow another keyboard and try. That is the simplest way of narrowing it down.

Check your setting under Accessibility Options (or whatever XP calls it - I use Vista).

There are settings there to ignore repeated keystrokes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-does-not-let-me-type-same-key-twice.701160/
Relevancy 49.88%

My keyboard will only type when I'm in tablet mode. If i switch to the desktop mode I can't type or use the mousepad. My laptop says it is not in tablet mode. THe volume and power buttons still work on the side. Thank you for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-won-t-type/td-p/5745715
Relevancy 49.88%

I am including the HJT LOG that I ran Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on -Apr- Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windowssystem Dwm exeC Windowssystem taskeng exeC Windowssystem taskeng exeC WindowsExplorer EXEC Program FilesIObitAdvanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPEnh exeC Program FilesWindows DefenderMSASCui exeC WindowsRtHDVCpl exeC Program FilesSiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC Program FilesAVGAVG avgtray keyboard... with my Cant type exeC WindowsSystem igfxpers exeC Program FilesiTunesiTunesHelper exeC Program FilesCamera Assistant Software for Toshibatraybar exeC Program Cant type with my keyboard... FilesPC Tools Firewall PlusFirewallGUI exeC WindowsSystem igfxtray exeC Program FilesMcAfee comAgentmcagent exeC Program FilesAIM aim exeC Program FilesToshibaTOSCDSPDTOSCDSPD exeC Windowsehomeehtray exeC Program FilesWindows Media Playerwmpnscfg exeC Program FilesLogitechSetPointSetPoint exeC Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice ONENOTEM EXEC Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynToshiba exeC Windowsehomeehmsas exeC Program FilesCamera Assistant Software for ToshibaCEC MAIN exeC Program FilesCommon FilesLogishrdKHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program FilesProtector Suite QLpsqltray exeC Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPHelper exeC Program FilesAIM aolsoftware exeC Program FilesYahoo Messengerymsgr tray exec PROGRA mcafeemscmcuimgr exeC Program FilesSpybot - Search amp DestroySpybotSD exeC Program FilesTrend MicroHijackThisHijackThis exeC WindowsSystem osk exeC Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore exeC Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore exeC Program FilesAVGAVG aAvgApi exeC Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox exeR - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Default Search URL Cant type with my keyboard... http home microsoft com search search aspR - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Local Page R - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Local Page R - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerToolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program FilesYahoo CompanionInstallscpnyt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program FilesYahoo CompanionInstallscpnyt dllO - BHO Cant type with my keyboard... Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program FilesCommon FilesAdobeAcrobatActiveXAcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program FilesSiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - C Program FilesMcAfeeMSKmcapbho dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program FilesAVGAVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program FilesYahoo Commonyiesrvc dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program FilesJavajre binssv dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program FilesMcAfeeVirusScanscriptsn dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVGAVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program FilesGoogleGoogle ToolbarGoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program FilesGoogleGoogle ToolbarComponentfastsearch B E dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program FilesSiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVGAVG AVGTOO DLLO - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program FilesGoogleGoogle ToolbarGoogleToolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program FilesYahoo CompanionInstallscpnyt dllO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows DefenderMSASC... Read more

A:Cant type with my keyboard...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218584/cant-type-with-my-keyboard/
Relevancy 49.88%

So I'm planning on purchasing a new keyboard since I feel like my Logitech keyboard is already old. I was wondering if I should choose the Mac-style keyboards (Slim Keyboard) or still the Soft-touch Logitech Keyboards. I currently have the Logitech Y-UR83 Classic Touch Keyboard. Which one should I buy?

A:What type of Keyboard should I buy?

Go to a store the sells keyboards and has a selection to demo. Pick the one that suits you. A keyboard is all personal preference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264160-what-type-keyboard-should-i-buy.html
Relevancy 49.88%

When I type www.logmein123.com

I get :

www.36goe5n12l.c6m

Kindly help me to correct this ...

Relevancy 49.88%

I was helping a neighbour reinstall windows xp pro on his older computer which had become unusable because of viruses. While trying to type in the activation code, I found that the z key would not produce any response, so I replaced it with another keyboard and the same things happened, in fact I tried 4 keyboards in all (3 were ps2 and 1 was USB) and they all had the same problem when trying to type the letter z. Any ideas?

A:Keyboard will not type z

Hey I really have no hear such problem before. It a really very serious problem. I think the activation code which you are going to enter is incorrect. Not only 'z' key is working what about another keys. I think it will be your installing or CD from which you are installing problem. You have to try it from another CD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-will-not-type-z.146639/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've got a Logisys Keyboard that will not work when I plug it into my USB Port (Any of them)... My USB Ports *DO* work (Ive tested that). It gets power (its an illuminated one) but will not type. However, it came with a USB -> PS2 Converter and it works fine if I plug it in that way.. but, the PS2 Converter snapped (long story), and now I am without a keyboard. Anyone know why it doesn't work just straight USB?

A:USB Keyboard Won't Type

Sometimes with those USB devices you must install the software that came with it for them to work. Did the keyboard come with any software?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-wont-type.27946/
Relevancy 49.88%

And I have to type with my tablet...being a Uni student this is...a bloody pain. I have a paper to type, and the laptops from tech support are crap, so that's why I'm here.

Anyway, first there was a BSOD (after visiting youtube...), then when it restarted, and once I logged in, the keyboard would not type. (Yes, that means it works on the log in screen, and the account says its installed...but won't work for my account.)

I'm guessing it's a connective problem, but...I've tried using everything I could think of. But, yeah I'm done; it's hard tying with a tablet...

A:Keyboard Will Not Type (different)

Press F8 bootup and choose Fix Your Computer. This will do a Startup Repair. If that fails, Can you boot into Safe Mode? If that still doesn't work, then load Windows, go to Start/Search and type SFC /scannow (or copy and paste it from a notepad file) and press enter. This will replace any missing files.
It sounds like you may be infected. So, please click on the link in my signature for Virus Help and post in that forum for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-will-not-type-different-629800.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My keyboard won't type. Its very strange, im not sure what happened but now my keyboard wont type and letters and only does the occasional weird thing like highlight words or opening tabs.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:my keyboard won't type

Try connecting an External USB Keyboard and see if that works.Sometimes, this could be an issue with the software so its always better to check what could be the problem RegardsMathewT

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/my-keyboard-won-t-type/td-p/2665337
Relevancy 49.45%

I am looking at buying the 15-bn070wm laptop that walmart carries with the realtree design. The laptop does not come with a backlit keyboard and I was curious if there is a way that I could purchase a ugraded backlit keyboard and install it I know some models have the backlight connector under the keyboard but they just do not come with them installed? If so what model keyboard should I purchase and would the laptop follow the HP pavilion 15 series disassembly steps?

A:X0S19UA-Change keyboard to backlit keyboard

Hi, It is much better and cheaper to buy this option now because backlit keyboard alone won't work, you need a motherboard which have ports for you to connect those lights. Buy this option now may cost you say $50, replace it later may cost you ten times or more and in many cases not-workable. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/X0S19UA-Change-keyboard-to-backlit-keyboard/td-p/5748578
Relevancy 49.45%

I would like to change my account from standard to administrator, but my account isn?t visible
in "manage accounts".
I have tried both from my standard account and from my administrator account.

A:Not able to change my account type

Hello Anvandarin, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If the standard account is not listed while trying to change it's type using the options in the tutorial below while signed in to your administrator account, then.....
User Account Type - Change in Windows 8
....double check to make sure that the standard account has not been disabled.
User Account - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/34984-not-able-change-my-account-type.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hello, i just bought a second hand laptop. it's almost a year old. but it does work well. my only problem is i want to constumize most of its setting, like login type, login password, wallpaper but it does not allow any changes and also it prohibits update of my operating system and other programs. it has a windows XP profesional service pack 2 OS. prior to my purchase of the laptop. it was use in a company and it is part o a domain. that is why everytime i change settings it is looking for the domain for changes to take effect. how can i override the domain or what ever i can do. without reformatting my laptop? thanks a lot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-my-login-type.763873/
Relevancy 49.45%

[Windows 8.1 x64]

Hi

How do I change just the *name* of a file type - i.e. without changing the default program?

For example in Windows Explorer my Excel files are called "Microsoft Excel Worksheet". And my Word files are called "Microsoft Word Document".
However is I make the "Type" column in Windows Explorer narrow, then for both types of file all I can see is "Microsoft..."
[This is *profoundly* unhelpful - what arrogant vanity by Microsoft! Do they ever actually run usability trials on this stuff?]

So although I still want .XLSX files to open with Excel I want to change the name / description that appears in the Type column to just "Excel Worksheet" (or possibly "Excel Worksheet (Microsoft)" or similar)

Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

Connecting to my Access Point (WEP, Shared Key) works fine, but the network type becomes PUBLIC in the Network and Sharing Center and I cannot change it, it is read only there! My computer is not part of a domain but a member of a workgroup.

I need to change the network type for the above WiFi connection to WORK/HoME.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

A:How to change the network type?

Yea m having the same problem...
any help anyone!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/7311-how-change-network-type.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have saved 200 family photos on a CD-RW, but I am unable to e-mail them using either Outlook Express or IrfanView. Apparently the reason is because they are all designated as Type: Microsoft Picture It! Document. I find that I am only able to send them using Picture It!, but I prefer using Outlook Express when sending pictures.

I presume there's an easy way to change these files to another type which would allow me to send them using Outlook Express and IrfanView. I would greatly appreciate help with this matter.

Thank you,
Bill

A:How do I change a file type?

wgreene,

Maybe just zip them up and then attach it to your email. But if they are the Microsoft Picture It! .MIX format the person you email it to will need Microsoft Picture It! to open them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-change-a-file-type.77399/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am not sure I'm posting this in the right place. Part of my uncertainty comes from the failure of my searches to produce anything resembling an answer to my question. This is not a question about Windows 7 but rather a question about how this web site operates.

My user profile contains a setting that says I should get daily notifications for threads to which I have subscribed. For some reason, I have this one thread for which I have instant notification set. The FAQ says I should look at my list of subscriptions and I will be able to change the subscription type from that screen. But I don't see any place for changing an instant notification to a daily notification for a single thread.

Help . . . (extreme low priority problem, this one)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384153-change-subscription-type.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I bought Vista x64 because of the free upgrade to Win7. After I updated I found that my two admin accounts were no longer admin, but standard. To make a too of a long story shorter, I was able to create a new admin account using net user adminitrator, but when I tried to make the other two accounts admins, the change button was grayed out.

After much Googling and a lot of help, the problem still existed. The assumption was to repair the system but but since it was an update dvd and not a full version DVD the only option was to update again and, of course, that didn't work either.

My question, finally, is Is there a registry entry that I can change/add that will allow me to fix this issue?

A:Admin not able to change UAC type

Hi there, as you said that you were able to login to the real admin account, could you try creating a new admin account and delete the old worn out accounts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/38200-admin-not-able-change-uac-type.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi.

I use windows XP for my system. But some times change type of my files.
I scaned system. No virus.

Do you can help me ? if run a program who recovery registery problems
in windows can solve this problem ?

for example my Excel file (omid.exl) change to omid.tmp .

A:Change File Type

.tmp is a temporary file extension. How does it change? Are you saying you save your file in My Documents or wherever, and a few hours later, you come back and its magically changed to .tmp?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-file-type-254916.html
Relevancy 49.45%

last week i asked you techies how to change back my file associations because i used a file compressor that i did not like (and i removed) but changed all my files to this type(.cmp) well now that is fixed because you guys told me how to "open with.. shift + right ms btn" but some of the files are still considered .cmp files they were .mp3 how do i change the file type back to .mp3 so i can use my win player

thanks, you people are the greatest!

Relevancy 49.45%

When signed in as an admin, how can I change another user's account type from local to Microsoft? I saw how to change my own. Thanks.

A:Change another's account type

Hello Alant,

You would need to currently be signed in to the account that you want to switch. You cannot do it from within another account.

Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/70005-change-anothers-account-type.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there!
I've got a single jack headset that I plugged into a Dell Inspiron of some time with Windows 10 installed. Back when I had Windows 7, every time I plugged an audio device into the jack it would pull up a list of different audio devices so I could choose which one I was using. Does this exist in Windows 10? How do I find it?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19981889
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Guys,I have a bitmap image, and want to change to JPEG.
Did know,but memory escapes me.
Remember PAINT being mentioned.
Thanks for any tips.

Windows XP Home SP3.

A:Change File type Help.

Yes, MS Paint can do it. Open the file in MS Paint. Then click File > Save As. Under the file type, set it to JPEG and save the file with a name.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236831/change-file-type-help/
Relevancy 49.45%

hello everyone

I would like to change an MP4 file to a file that i can play on my DVD player
can this be done and if so how can i do this.

regards calmat

A:change file type

You have to create a DVD-Video. You can do that with Windows Media Center, Nero (Nero Vision), Roxio, etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296775-change-file-type.html
Relevancy 49.02%

The keyboard on my Dell 1501, will not the letters I,O,P when I press them. My laptop is older, just three years, and has had moderate use, mainly my husband looking for information. It has the Vista program, I know, but it has worked basically fine for the little use it gets. Nothing has been spilled on it, could they be worn out/

Is there anyway to take the keyboard cover off without damaging it and look to see if there is some type of debris blocking the connection?

A:3 keys won't type on keyboard

Inspiron 1501 laptop from Dell seems straight forward for removing keyboard to check for debris. Check it out at:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/sm_en/keyboard.htm#wp1111863
Read directions carefully as laptops are quite delicate.

good Luck
Failing that, a new one shouldn't be too expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-keys-wont-type-on-keyboard.153417/
Relevancy 49.02%

I can't type certain letters on the computer The letters Q W E R T Y and amp all don't work on keyboard I ran many different anti virus scans and followed all of your suggestions but still can't figure it out Can you please help Also I can copy and paste Can't Type Letters The I Certain Keyboard On addresses in the address bar and that is working ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS I Can't Type Certain Letters On The Keyboard DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files abelhadigital com HostsMan hm exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon I Can't Type Certain Letters On The Keyboard exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run HostsMan C Program Files abelhadigital com HostsMan hm exe -sO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item Add To HP Organize - C PROGRA HEWLET HPORGA bin core hp main SendTo htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MI Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open with WordPerfect - C Program Files WordPerfect Office X Programs WPLauncher htaO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MI Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MI Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MI OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF B F A-E D - DB- -E D F-Secure Online Scanner - http support f-secure com ols fscax cabO - DPF EC CF-D - B- ACA-F A Controller Class - https www windowsonecare com install cli nSSWebAgent CABO - DPF E DE - - B - F -C E A F E Microsoft PID Sniffer - https support microsoft com OAS ActiveX odc cabO - DPF CCA E - - D -AC E- FixController Control - http h www hp com e... Read more

A:I Can't Type Certain Letters On The Keyboard

Being handled here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry607387This topic is closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106059/i-cant-type-certain-letters-on-the-keyboard/
Relevancy 49.02%

my r key is not working very well and can i make it so that my caps lock key types "r" instead?

i took like 10 minutes to type this

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys,

I have a wireless keyboard with touchpad. The touchpad works fine but the keys don't type.

I have tested the keyboard on another computer and it works fine, I also tested another keyboard on this PC and it also didn't work.

I have updated drivers but the problem still persists.

Yesterday, I removed some malware (Iminent?) and I'm guessing this is the only thing which could have caused this problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Si

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-doesnt-type.1138799/
Relevancy 49.02%

when i type using my keyboard my pc shuts down, so im using my on screen keyboard. i have scanned for viruses but there was nothing found and i restored my system, but that did'nt help either. any idea whats wrong and how i can fix this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-i-type-using-my-keyboard-my-pc-shuts-down-452732.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all, I was hoping someone on this board would be able to help me out.

I'm looking for a PC keyboard(PS/2 or USB) that would be like a laptop keyboard, where the keys are very easily pressed and sensitive. If anyone here has one of those or knows of a company that manufactures that type of keyboard please toss me a link or in the right direction.

Thanks all.

A:Specific Type of Keyboard

You can try the UltraX Flat by Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specific-type-of-keyboard.36181/
Relevancy 49.02%

My keyboard wont type.It is one of those that has programed keys ,they work but the letters and numbers wont work/print/type.Yes ,it has been scanned for everything by several pograms and also in safe mode.I do think I may have inadvertently clicked on and altered a Registry entry while trying to get my CD to work.
Can anyone please help ?

XP HOME SP2

A:Keyboard Wont Type

Is it a PS/2 keyboard or USB keyboard.
Is it wireless, and if so have you checked the batteries?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-wont-type.676450/
Relevancy 49.02%

ok well It cant type my keyboard: password I in started off at am I noticed that a whole bunch of my computer files under program files were deleted so i did a system restore to a point about week ago well in the time between that system restore and keyboard: I cant type in my password now i downloaded i think security fixes from Microsoft update and about Norton updates well when my computer booted back up from the system restore i went to go type in my password nothing came up i could use my mouse but i just couldn t push a button on my keyboard to get a response so i restarted just thinking it was a misread with my computer still nothing well i booted to a floppy boot disk boot disk and went into DOS and I found out that i could type through DOS but not to log in in GUI well I don t know how to do repairs on the hard drive yet in DOS I ve only gotten my A certification and ive done all i could do to all my knowledge plz hurry i need some documents off that computer I would do a format but there are about Word documents on that computer that i would like to keep plus a couple mp s i have alright thanks to whomever comes to my rescue Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello type Keyboard works, won't all I have been a long time reader but this is my first time to post After coming in from out of town and turning on my computer the keyboard is having issues typing If I hold down a key the letter or number will appear after to seconds However all the shortcut keys and function keys work fine The keyboard works fine in the bios It is a USB keyboard and so I swapped it with my backup keyboard No dice with that one either and I tried to use a Keyboard works, won't type PS adapter guess what No luck I built this computer and am usually pretty good with this stuff but Keyboard works, won't type I am at a loss I have to think it is windows or something I tried reloading the software driver also Checked all the USB ports in device manager No yellow question marks Unplugged all other USB devices Ran all the Windows Troubleshooting options and it gave me nothing This thing worked fine days ago It is XP x if that helps Anyone have a clue Thank you so much nbsp

A:Keyboard works, won't type

Solution

I found the solution. After much deliberation it was simply in the Accessibility Options. For some reason the Filter Keys check box got checked. I have no idea how or why this happened but for anyone that cares, this is the fix.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-works-wont-type.118342/
Relevancy 49.02%

Strange request I know but getting rather fed up with the noise of my Logitech Wave keyboard now So I m on the hunt for a keyboard with silent press keys I don t mind the latest flat style keys featured on Mac keyboards and my Sony Vaio laptop They just need to be silent or Looking a for keyboard silent type almost silent as the noise Looking for a silent type keyboard when I m typing is driving me nuts LOL Currently I own this Ideally I m looking for something like the one I have illuminated keys would be ideal but not essential and a wrist rest is a must or it be flat along its bottom edge so I can purchase a Kensington duo gel pad to match my mouse one Most crucially it needs to be Looking for a silent type keyboard silent with good weighted keys and comfortable for extended typing I would prefer wired don t need to worry about batteries then but USB rechargable ones are fine as I have plenty of USB ports Its for lots of typing generally office based use No requirement for games I don t need any keyboard mouse combos as already have a Logitech Marble trackball and LX cordless mouse Budget is around UK Pounds What would you all get Thanks in advance and sorry if this is Looking for a silent type keyboard in the wrong forum I couldn t really decide where it fit best nbsp

A:Looking for a silent type keyboard

The newer wireless ones are lasting more than a year.
This is a product you should see and test.
The silent one can be a pain, if they don't fit your comfort zone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-silent-type-keyboard.151017/
Relevancy 49.02%

During the last few days when I type at my normal speed various letters are not printed on screen, it's the same in any program or email.
HP Pavilion zd8000 running XP with at least SP2 (Think SP3 is loaded...)Google email Google Chrome or Firefox for email. AVG 2011, Comodo, Spybot & adaware
Skype was updated in recent past.
Since oading AVG 2011 full scan takes 14 hours but that' another problem!
Any Ideas how to cure this?
Happy New Year!

A:Keyboard will not type some letters

Have you tried another keyboard?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372739/keyboard-will-not-type-some-letters/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all
I finally figured out how to get spanish accents on my keyboard AltGR + letter. I can now write é á í etc fine!

However, I can't seem to write the ñ character, even when using the Alt + 165  as suggested by all the google results.
I've even tried the UK extended keyboard.

Also, more pressingly perhaps, is that I can't write the # symbol. I use Alt + 3 (where the # is on the key above the number 3) but it gives me the british pound sign: £

How can I write these two characters without having do download some program or copying and pasting them from the internet! Thank you in advance

A:US keyboard installed but can't type # or

I don't have an answer for most of your topic. But you say this is a US keyboard and "Also, more pressingly perhaps, is that I can't write the # symbol. I use Alt + 3 (where the # is on the key above the number 3)".Would not the # symbol on a US keyboard be Shift + number three key? Not Alt + number three key?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511078/us-keyboard-installed-but-cant-type-or-n/
Relevancy 49.02%

Today my keyboard started to work weird When I press quot q quot it writes quot q quot with a TAB following When I press quot e quot it executes CTRL quot B quot When I press quot r quot it writes quot rt quot When I press quot t quot it writes quot rt quot When I press quot y quot it writes quot uy quot cant Keyboard failure, help! please i type When I press quot u quot it writes quot uy quot When I press quot i quot it writes quot i quot When I press quot a quot it writes quot quot When I press quot e quot it executes F i cant type like this i did system restore dint helped i also found one one old forum post with exact same Keyboard failure, please help! i cant type problem but post is died I typing from my laptops internal keyboard witch one is fine to work but i have connected laptop at home to external devices HD monitor and etc so im very uncomphortable to use laptops keyboard So my external Keyboard failure, please help! i cant type desktop keyboard failed Keyboard is like - monts old its still new and good condition since i found exacly same problem by someone is kinda weird Any ideas how to fix it thank you

A:Keyboard failure, please help! i cant type

Hi,

The best I can suggest is to blow (yes blow, quite hard) between the keys as it sounds like some dust/fragments have got caught under the keys.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/120797-keyboard-failure-please-help-i-cant-type.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hello i m new here and i m here because i have problem with my laptopi m using windows xp home edition sp i cant type some character with my keyboard they re b v and also i cant type T using shift t the way i write this to you is using on screen keyboard i can't with type keyboard. characters doubt it as hardware problems since i experienced it twice can't type characters with keyboard. before at st i handle it with avast free nd with smadav and now nothing of em works even i scan in safe mode i did use avira too and it s the same not worked now i m using avg free but it always stall i also have problem to get in to safe mode using F the way i get in safe mode is using msconfig this is the log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Roxio BackOnTrack Instant Restore BOTService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files idt wdm STacSV exeC Program Files Roxio BackOnTrack Disaster Recovery SaibSVC exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC PROGRA ROCKWE RSCommon RSOBSERV EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system lkcitdl exeC WINDOWS system lkads exeC WINDOWS system lktsrv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files National Instruments MAX nimxs exeC Program Files National Instruments Shared Security nidmsrv exeC WINDOWS system nisvcloc exeC Program Files National Instruments Shared Tagger tagsrv exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC PROGRA ROCKWE RSLinx RSLINX EXEC WINDOWS system AESTFltr exeC Program Files HP HPBTWD exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files syncables syncables desktop Syncables exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files syncables syncables desktop jre bin javaw exeC Program Files Smadav SM RTP exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files syncables syncables desktop MigoMapi exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system utilman exeC WINDOWS system osk exeC WINDOWS system MSSWCHX EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http goal com id-ID R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer cache itb ac id R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Fi... Read more

A:can't type characters with keyboard.

hey guys now i got my problem solved!!since i posted what did i do was:- scan in normal mode with avg free 9 --> nothing found- cleanup with microsoft scanner online --> some temporary files cleanednone of them solved it but this one,- uninstalled avg then installed avast -->after avast just installed it turned to blue screen which caused boot my laptop- scan with avast in normal mode (now)--> got some problems move to chest in my external hard driveet viola..it solved now..actually i'm still worry that this malware (i suspect) will attack me again in near future like before. so i wish anyone can help me to get rid of this thing. HELP! or any advice to keep me in this state safe is worth enough. thanks.here is my latest log:Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 3:31:33 AM, on 4/21/2010Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Roxio\BackOnTrack\Instant Restore\BOTService.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exec:\program files\idt\wdm\STacSV.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exeC:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\AESTFltr.exeC:\Program Files\HP\HPBTWD.exeC:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exeC:\Program Files\syncables\syncables desktop\Syncables.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exeC:\Program Files\syncables\syncables desktop\jre\bin\javaw.exeC:\Program Files\syncables\syncables desktop\MigoMapi.exeC:\Program Files\Smadav\SM?RTP.exeC:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exeC:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exeC:\Program Files\Roxio\BackOnTrack\Disaster Recovery\SaibSVC.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\PROGRA~1\ROCKWE~1\RSCommon\RSOBSERV.EXEC:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lkcitdl.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lkads.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lktsrv.exeC:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\nimxs.exeC:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Security\nidmsrv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\nisvcloc.exeC:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Tagger\tagsrv.exeC:\PROGRA~1\ROCKWE~1\RSLinx\RSLINX.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exeC:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exeC:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...ion&pf=cnnbR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311034/cant-type-characters-with-keyboard/
Relevancy 49.02%

please assist imusing the screenkeyboard to type tried everthng on google and quot troubeshoot quot i need help please this s a old pc normally wont keyboard type a mac user but ogicboard burned up waiting on replcementLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System keyboard wont type smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exec Program Files Common keyboard wont type Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exec Program Files Common Files keyboard wont type Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system ps exeC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC WINDOWS system algssl exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files Belkin F D Belkinwcui exeC WINDOWS system OSK exeC WINDOWS system MSSWCHX EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exeC PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXEC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www igoogle com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepageR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost localF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Application Data lsass exeO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - B... Read more

A:keyboard wont type

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320451/keyboard-wont-type/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi:
my work lap top hp compact nc 6400 when i log on it is difficult to key press it either
won't or if I wait and go very slow it will type the letter than i wait and type again. but eventually it will take the first letter than run on the entire block with that letter and not let you delete than it just stays that way looks like this ccccccccccccccc
and will not delte ? I shut down and the problem still persests I might add that at work yesterday it did not do this . Thanks

A:HP keyboard stick or no type

cleaning your laptop keyboard: Howto

You could check with an external plugged in USB keyboard, just to confirm that it is the laptop keyboard (but I think it is)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-keyboard-stick-or-no-type.117182/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
Hopefully, I get this typed! I just bought this new Dell laptop. When I type, it has a mind of its own and will jump to previous places and start there. What is wrong and how do I fix this?
Signed
Frustrated

Relevancy 49.02%

Having difficulty with a keyboard error whenever I type the letters e amp x - in any succession Ran HiJackThis as directed My log file is as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Logitech Vid HD Vid exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x WinTV Ir exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x WinTV WinTV WinTVTray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows SysWOW Ctxfihlp exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files x FlashGet flashget exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Windows SysWOW CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Logitech Type Malware Keyboard SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Keyboard Type Malware Software CameraHelperShell exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil t ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Downloads software HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www drudgereport com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files x FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files x FlashGet getflash dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BD... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-type-malware.1005500/
Relevancy 49.02%

I can not type the letters l s , : and it not the keybord it wont even type them using the on screen keybord. please help using copy and paste on these chars from other places is getting really old lol... Chris

P.S. the letter s will work if i press caps lock and hold shift then I can type the letter s or S without caps lock but only if i hold shift...

A:can not type certain letters And it's not the keyboard...

Have you tried a different keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-type-certain-letters-and-its-not-the-keyboard.721482/
Relevancy 49.02%

This is a strange problem - my keyboard will not type on certain programs and as far as I can deduce it is only installed programs such as Empire Earth The Sims and Pharaoh I am trying to install Sims and it will not let me put in the letters of the serial numbers only the numbers show Keyboard - will type letters not only I Keyboard will not type - only letters can only conclude that it isn t a problem with the programs because they are from different Keyboard will not type - only letters brands and some are installed some are in the process of being installed Key points -Only the letters do not function or show up numbers are fine Bksp also works -IE notepad Word Publisher etc all work It seems to be the programs that aren t Windows-based created that don t work Things I ve tried -Uninstalling driver for the keyboard Intellitype Pro and rebooting Keyboard worked fine but no solution -New keyboard just plugged it in to my USB port and it s working fine This one is Microsoft Natural USB Keyboard Except for it not typing letters on programs -Tried different USB ports Didn t solve anything I have to say I m at a complete loss as to what the problem is other than some bizarre configuration that Windows has spat at me nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello sometimes when I type keys on the keyboard applications seem to appear. This happens quite a lot, I keep clicking control button and it eventually gets back to normal. Does anyone know what I can do to stop this happening.

A:keyboard- when I type sometimes applications appear.

This happens when, while you are typing a doc or like in a post like in here?

Try to see which keys bring up which Programs, maybe you have a hot-key set up for those. Do you have any special Software installed for Keyboard and Mouse?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35479-keyboard-when-i-type-sometimes-applications-appear.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have just installed You tube downloader but when I save the you tube clip to my computer, I comes out as an FLV file type. Can anyone tell me how to change the FLV to WMV. I have the full version of Nero and have upgraded to IE8{which incidently is as good if not better that Firefox}

A:Change file attachment type

<Not able to help with utube >
Please see here
http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/839527-solved-screenshot-youtube-video.html

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/750640-youtube-videos.html

we cannot help with this activity

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-file-attachment-type.874604/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone!

A week ago I decided create a homegroup. I wanted to change network type to Home on one PC with Windows 8.1.

The issue is, when I open Network and Sharing Center and click to Work Network, it doesn't click and lettering is black there.

I tried to change network type to Public first and from this point change it to Home, by disabling Network Discovery and Common Access for files, so Network Type became Public. However, I still cannot change it's type also from Public, as lettering is black.
So I turned Network Discovery and Common Access for files back and network type automatically changed back to Work.

The question is can I switch network type to Home for that PC?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8c0dc01-f8ed-4aed-b33c-a6dd3ea0b12c/cannot-change-network-type-to-home?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey there A few times a to Unable change network type year I go away from my home station and take my tower and laptop with me As Unable to change network type my tower doesn't have a wireless adapter I connect to the the internet by plugging it into my laptop and sharing it's wireless connection It's all been fine up until now I've just plugged the ethernet cable between laptop and PC but the network has come up as Unidentified and has made it Public and as such I can't access the internet from my PC surfing fine here on my laptop though it's the LAN connection that's giving me issues I've no idea why it's doing this as in the past it has worked fine I can't seem to change the network type as clicking on it only allows me to change the name and icon not the type It might be interesting to note that viewing the network from my PC it is a Home network but my laptop seems to think it's Unidentified Can anyone clue me on on how to fix this please as this issue has never cropped up before - CableDolt Ninja-edit Both machines are running Windows Home Premium -bit

A:Unable to change network type

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Maybe this info will help
Windows 7 Network connections are stuck in Public mode

Edit: Doh - I see that you were able to click the link, so that is probably not the issue. I'm still hunting for the info that I saw on this once.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246504-unable-change-network-type.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My audio files have all been loaded to itunes on my PC and I was able to update the audiobooks to the audiobook media type without a problem. All music & audiobooks are stored on an external drive. When I created the itunes library on my Macbook pro, I can change the media type in itunes for music files, but cant change the media type for the audiobooks. I do NOT have iTunes Match or Genius on.

When I look in the Finder window, the audiobook files show as CUSTOM ACCESS, but I can't find anywhere to see what this access is.

All music and audiobook files are on a Netgear readynas nv+2 network drive.

How do i get these files updated for itunes to see them as audiobooks?

TIA,
Marge

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-itunes-media-type-on-mbp.1119486/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok here's what i did. i tryed to change the icon of my drives by going to windows explorer and clicking on tools|folder options|file types| ok then i slected the drive file type and changed the icon. (that went well NOT) so the icon didn't change but the action the drive file type does did. when ever you double click on my C: drive it opens the windows search files and folders. i understand that i just change the action for this to something new so that i will open the aproprate drive contense. i just dont know what the command line is. please help i feel like an idiot i have been working on computers all my life and now i feel like a real newb. this problem is more of an inconvience than anything else.

A:drive file type change

Hi se7en9057

Try this, in windows explorer click Tools/Folder Options and File Types.
In the "Registered file types:" window hi-light "Drive" and click Advanced.
In the "Edit File Type" window click "New".
In the "New Action" window type Open in the Action: field.
Click "Browse"
Browse to explorer.exe, select it and click Open. (Probably in C:\Windows)
The path to explorer.exe should be in the "Application used to perform action:" field.
Click OK.
Back in the "Edit File Type" window hi-light Open and click Set Default.
OK and Close.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drive-file-type-change-23175.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I was playing around on my computer with regedit.exe, I found file type .exe and clicked it. There were two files (looks like a piece of paper torn in half with red letters "ab" on it), I right clicked the first, went to modify, and changed the value from "exefile" to "C:\Users\Stewy\Pictures\green.ico" just to see what would happen. Then, I logged off and back on, and all my .exe files looked like the default file icon (just a piece of paper), and when I clicked them, nothing happened. I only got on the internet through a shortcut to a website I had previously made. When I right-click the .exe files, and go to properties, then the details tab, it says "Type: C:\Users\Stewy\Pictures\green.ico", how can I change it back to" exefile" if I can't open regedit.exe?

Thank you,
Stewy

A:How do I change file type of all .exe files?

Give this a shot:
Default File Type Associations - Restore

Might be good to back up your registry first. Just in case things get worse instead of better. But I've seen posters use this tutorial with success. Shouldn't be a dud.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/263087-how-do-i-change-file-type-all-exe-files.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, my GF have a Pen driver with around 16 gb of 32 GB occupied, with folders fill of pictures of all her life, and here is the problem, some how (I believe it was a virus), one day all of the folder or must of then had been changed to "File" type, and i couldn't find anyway to open then again as "Folder" type, if anybody could help to change back to folder ill really appreciated it please !!

A:How can i recover a or change File type?

Try method 1 here:http://www.asoftech.com/articles/fi...Avoid the other methods.Whether or not it fixes it, pop back because I think we should at least run some basic malware checks (an anti-virus often misses malware).Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/how-can-i-recover-a-or-change-file-type/40072.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Well, that's the problem, I can't change icons for file types.
I've used several programs (IconPackager, vista visual mester) but nothing happened.
Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening?

Thanks.

A:Can't change file type icons

Quote: Originally Posted by malakias

Well, that's the problem, I can't change icons for file types.
I've used several programs (IconPackager, vista visual mester) but nothing happened.
Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening?

Thanks.

M

we could use alot of info about your computer.. 32bit, or 64? clean install, or upgrade, etc

I assume by fyle I think you mean file type. what do you want to change them to?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/29058-cant-change-file-type-icons.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, my friend is having this problem... All icon change to WMP also with the target type....It affect exe,msi, and all files before this not associate with WMP.... Can anyone know how to to this.... BTW even system restore alson not work even in the safe mode....

Is this some kind of virus, because when scanning there is no virus.... Hmmmmm solution please?

A:All icon change target type to WMP

The fastest way would have been to do a system restore. If that is not working, looks like something is screwed up in your machine. Have you scanned with malwarebytes antimalware?

In any case, see this tutorial and try out the steps.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

If that doesnt work, try fixing your user profile.

Fix a corrupted user profile

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/75798-all-icon-change-target-type-wmp.html
Relevancy 49.02%

On my new Windows 8 machine, every time I put an audio CD into the disk drive, the Power DVD program starts. THis is MOST ANNOYING! I want audio CDs to launch Windows Media Player so that I can rip them to the hard drive. If I go to Control Panel -> Default Programs -> Associate a File Type with a Program, there is NO LISTING in there for .cda files, which is what compact disc audio files are. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks for any and all advice!

A:Change File Type Association?

Control Panel - Auto Play - CD's - Audio CD

AutoPlay - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

I think that should take care of it. I think the Power DVD is the installed default.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42683-change-file-type-association.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I installed an evaluation copy 3rd party of an HTML iFilter. The eval period has expired and I can't justify the cost of getting a full license, so I uninstalled it.

How can I get back to having the standard HTML iFilter indexing HTML files, at the moment I've set it to plain text - but that's not working for me. I know the standard HTML iFilter is doing its job, because if I rename a .HTML file to .HTT then it gets indexed and shows up in Search as I would anticipate it would.

Thanks PJD

A:How to change the IFilter for a file type

I fixed it - copied the persistent handler that was being used by HTT to HTML and HTM and Indexing options reports that they're being indexed by the native HTML iFilter - and it seems to be working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309348-how-change-ifilter-file-type.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I want to change a file type association manually, but when I do, I no longer have the "Advanced" button available to change the file type icon. I get a Restore button instead. This seems like a simple problem, but I can't find a solution. I don't want Windows to keep track of file association history. I just want to change them.

Has anyone else run into this?

Relevancy 49.02%

Spent the last hour trying to find out how to do this.

A:How do you change the default folder type?

hello brycea and welcome!

maybe this u mean Folder Template - Default

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/73853-how-do-you-change-default-folder-type.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there,

I am currently having an issue with icons not displaying on Windows 10, I also cannot change the folder layout as it is grayed out as you will see in the snip it below.

For some reason Adobe PDF icons still display but all the others are just folder icons or the generic gray page icon.

Please help!

A:Cannot See any Icons or change View Type

Hello faceoffaith7, and welcome to Ten Forums.

You might see if rebuilding the icon cache may be able to help.

Icon Cache - Rebuild in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39057-cannot-see-any-icons-change-view-type.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I've already tried several things here.

Default programs> Set your default programs > (Program name goes here) > Choose defaults for this program.

Even though Firefox is already registered with file types such as: .html, .htm, .ftp, etc, it won't let me uncheck them as well as for other programs.

I don't want to change the Firefox associations, though.

I've also tried

Default programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program

To no avail either.

FileTypesMan didn't help much of either.

It appears third party software and the usual method, aka Default programs, can no longer change some file type associations so easily now.

Any help here?

Windows 8 Enterprise x86

A:Change file type associations?

"assoc" and "ftype" in a command prompt will show you a lot of info.

Find the association and then use the default editor to change things.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24635-change-file-type-associations.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Is there a way to set up an additional admin account to have full admin rights without having to "run as admin" on everything?

A:Account type change problem

Turn off UAC. I don't recommend it though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/9742-account-type-change-problem.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm new at the forum and I have a problem:

I installed hamachi to create a VPN between desktop home and laptop, but I accidentally set the Hamachi Network to Public, so I cannot access from the other device, I have read that I need to enable the option to change the network type.

I have already tried by right-clicking network, but HAMACHI network doesnt appear in the list as it is a virtual device.

I hope you can help me to solve this.

Thanks

A:Activate Change Network Type

To change the network type please do the following:
Hit Winkey + R to open Run prompt and type gpedit.msc

Navigate to: Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Setting | Network List Manager Policies

Choose your Network name from the right pane.

Go to Network Location tab and change the Location type from Public to Private.

I hope it helps !

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/23316-activate-change-network-type.html
Relevancy 49.02%

is there a way to change file type thumb nails (if thats what there called)?

for eg .flac and .cue file types have the same icon, how would i change one of those ?
thanks

A:change file type thumbs

Hello Max,

You might see if you may be able to use either option in the tutorial below to change the icon displayed for the file extension.

File Extension Icon - Change Default Icon

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/256183-change-file-type-thumbs.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I want to change the default icon of .7z, 7-Zip, files but I have forgotten how. I have done it before with Tune Up Styler but the .7z option is not there.
I want to use this icon.
7-Zip logo.zip

A:How do I change a file type icon?

Gary I think it is icon #2 in imageres.dll.
What does it look like now?

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/265901-how-do-i-change-file-type-icon.html
Relevancy 49.02%

how do i change an associated type file icon?
well, at first my .torrent file shows exactly like bittorrent.exe icon, but somehow now it changed
can you teach me how to chnage it again?

A:How do i change associated type file icon?

Hello peacepod,

Double check to see if Bittorrent is set as the default program for your .torrent file types.

Default Programs - Set a Program's Default Associations

OR

Default Programs - Associate a File Type or Protocol

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/284263-how-do-i-change-associated-type-file-icon.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, Recently I installed Registry cleaning application.
After cleaning my registry I am not able to set any "Type of View" in Windows Explorer.
Details is my default view, I am able to change it into any but as soon i press back / refresh its set back to Details View Again.
Is there a Way to solve this?

A:Unable to change Type of view

Yuk! TSF does not support Registry Cleaning software. I would uninstall that software.
There is no telling what that program has done to your registry.
I hope someone here has a better suggestion.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-change-type-of-view-977601.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i just got this laptop and it was used. just want to change the username, but it will not let me. i've gone through the control panel, user name change, and when i do, it says that i cannot have a name with "$#@* etc., which i obviously don't have in the name.
i've tried setting up a different administrator account, and it gives me the same error saying it has an unacceptable character.
any ideas?!?

A:cannot change user name or account type

Try using the administrative account through safe-mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-change-user-name-or-account-type-337990.html
Relevancy 48.59%

After using my laptop 18hours ago, I switched it on and it wont let me type in my password. I did a reset and also took out the battery for sometime but it wont respond still. What can i do please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Keyboard-not-working-can-t-type-in-password/td-p/5736257
Relevancy 48.59%

On my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop I've noticed within the last week or so that whenever I try to type something that some letters don't actually get typed whenever they're pressed. I know the keys aren't sticky or anything. And I've already looked under the Device Manager for the keyboard and it said everything was working fine. I've also already tried to update my driver, but it said it was already updated.

If someone could please help me, I would really appreciate it.

A:Keyboard Dosn't Type All Letters

Welcome
The first thing that I would try is to use a new keyboard to try and isolate the problem.
How to Add an External Keyboard to Your Laptop - For Dummies

Try with a clean boot
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
If that does not work, then it is software. Try a system restore from before the problem

Make a full anti virus scan
Download and make a full scan with malwarebytes..

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289746-keyboard-dosnt-type-all-letters.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I type on my Gateway Laptop, the 2nd and 3rd row of keys aren't working. For example when i type the letter m, it shows up as mj. 2 letters show up for each key that I type on the 2nd and 3rd row.

Before, this happend on my laptop, and I just pushed a random key and the keys worked again. But now its happening again..

Any ideas of how to fix this or what it is?..=/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-type-a-key-in-the-2nd-row-on-my-keyboard-it-types-two-letters.515326/
Relevancy 48.59%

My keyboard wouldent type,y letters where showi.g up on screen went to restart the computer and its been stuck on the restarting screen (red says restarting with pinwheel) for 14 hours now I would of.just taken the battery out but there is no battery to take out it is a sealed back... I then thought it will eventually die but stil 14 hours later I have the pinwheel restart. If I close the laptop the screen will not shut off its as if it froze buy I can still see a mouse and move it arou.d on the screen. I also tried holding the power button down to shut down I held it down for over a minute and still nothing... Help please !!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/keyboard-would-not-type-so-i-went-to-restart-been-stuck-o/td-p/5709537
Relevancy 48.59%

I am at the main password prompt but my kb is not typing one of the letters in my password. Anything I can do?

A:My keyboard doesn't allow me to type one of the letters in m...

Perhaps I can be given a new password and use the steps as if I forgot the other one.... I can't yor b c v 5 6

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-keyboard-doesn-t-allow-me-to-type-one-of-the-letters-in/td-p/5609807
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Compaq laptop model Presario cq 56 that some of the letter keys wont type. The ones it wont type are; 6 7 y u h j m n. Would anyone know what would cause that? Ive noticed those letters run in a diagonal line from left to right down the keyboard. Would it be a blown sensor or something like that?

Relevancy 48.59%

Weird one this my wife is running a brand new computer with Windows installed One of her app's given to her by her employer on her intranet which collects financial information from customers has a Confirm button Occasionally once or twice a day when she clicks it immediately the windows run box Win-R pops up but the only letter the keyboard now generates is r I assume that the run box opens because of the r So now if she goes to any open app window and types she keyboard a "r" type in the app causes button clicking to gets rrrrr etc So far the only solution seems to be to clicking a button in app causes the keyboard to type "r" reboot - however she gets time docked off her pay if this happens so it is not merely an inconvienience My only thought was that somehow some kind of sticky key sequence has been initiated or that a key was stuck down on the keyboard maybe ALT - but this is not the cause Any thoughts as to what might be causing this and or how to escape from the situation without a reboot Cheers Drewyd

A:clicking a button in app causes the keyboard to type "r"

I had a similar problem on one of my Windows 8 systems.  I went to the local computer store, and bought a $4 keyboard, switched, and haven't had the problem since.  For $4 it's sure worth a try!

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536941/clicking-a-button-in-app-causes-the-keyboard-to-type-r/
Relevancy 48.59%

Sorry if this is in the wrong category.. :P
anyway, i'm typing this from my laptop because my desktop computer simply won't let me type. The keyboard is fine, i think, it's just that when i type a letter in a text box it doesn't make letters. Instead, it either selects something from the top menu (such as File, Edit, View, Insert, Help, etc., depending on which key i type) or it plays that *bump* noise--the noise Windows XP makes when you try to backspace at the beginning of a text box or something like that. But my keyboard still works perfectly in every other way. So i do not think it's that. If you know how to fix this i'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

A:My computer won't let me type. But keyboard is fine, i think. Please help!

press (alt gr) on you keyboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-wont-let-me-type-but-keyboard-is-fine-i-think-please-help-626275.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I need to change this keyboard ---> COMPAL P/N PK13CW10180 - Darfon P/N 99.N5682.30E - MODEL NSK-T430E - K000016100 WK442K - ITALIAN LANGUAGE
but, on the internet, the only models I found they have these features ---> MODEL MP-03436I0-698 - P/N PK13CW10280 - K000016100 WKA16K - ITALIAN LANGUAGE

The only difference I've seen looking at the pictures is the flat that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
My doubt is on functionality and if they are hardware compatible.

Can anyone help me in this choice?

Many Thanks for all

Michele

A:Keyboard type on Satellite M30X-130

Satellite M30X is pretty old notebook model so I think you should not have big problems to obtain new keyboard. I had similar problem on my old Satellite M70 and I bought new keyboard on eBay.

At this time keyboards were pretty similar and one keyboard could be used on few notebook models. eBay is good place to find keyboards and different hardware parts for old notebook models.
Unfortunately I cannot help you with this keyboard check so if you find specification that says it is compatible with M30X you can buy it.

Don't spend a lot of money for it. as I wrote before on eBay you can find keyboards for reasonable price.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85188-Keyboard-type-on-Satellite-M30X-130
Relevancy 48.59%

Regional settings are english.

Keyboard Properties:
Imput Language ..English
Hot keys for imput locales...
Switch between.... Key sequence--None
Switch to English....Key sequence--None

This is what types out on the Home Row.

ASDFGH123+'

Can anyone help me straighten this out?

Thanks-

Relevancy 48.59%

Can anyone tell me if you can install a driver to fix my Xp laptop keyboard. When i try to send an Email it types out a load of rubbish. It seems like somehow the keys are'nt connecting properly.

A:Help!! My xp laptop keyboard won't type properly.

Does it happen when you do email? How about when you type anything in Notepad or Wordpad?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-my-xp-laptop-keyboard-wont-type-properly-345307.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a HP Envy 15-j151sa and the "Caps Lock" key has broken from the keyboard. The plastic on the hinge has broken so I'd like to buy a replacement key and hinge, but I'm having difficulty in working out which type of keyboard I have. It's backlit so i've narrowed it doen to either a HC06, HC07 or HC56 but I'd rather not order three keys and only need one. Can anybody help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-15-j151sa-keyboard-type/td-p/5845868
Relevancy 48.59%

I've got a new Edge nbsp Everything was good for the first week or so nbsp I haven't been shutting it down I've just been 2 only keyboard will a 1580 6 Edge type letting it go to sleep hibernate nbsp Last night Edge 2 1580 keyboard will only type a 6 I picked it up and noticed that the fan was running nbsp Upon opening it I was unable to log in but couldn't figure out why nbsp I switched to the onscreen keyboard and was able to log in nbsp The mouse trackpad wasn't responding at all nbsp I opened Chrome and attempted to search for something and realized that no matter what key I pressed on the keyboard all it would type was 's nbsp which would explain why my password was incorrect nbsp I decided to reboot the laptop and see what would happen but it doesn't appear to actually shut down nbsp Even when I click Shut down well tap on the screen - the screen goes dark power button continues to blink slowly nbsp This is a brand new laptop and my first experience with Lenovo - but it's about to go back to the store nbsp I can't even find much information about the Edge at all almost like it's a really out of date machine - but it's got the brand new chipset that was just introduced in November and it came pre-installed with Windows so it can't be that old nbsp Makes me want to fire up my year old Dell D running Windows XP - it still works perfectly Solved Go to Solution

A:Edge 2 1580 keyboard will only type a 6

BestBuy declared the laptop defective and gave me a new one.  We'll see how well the new one works, I haven't had a chance to even boot it up yet.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Edge-2-1580-keyboard-will-only-type-a-6/td-p/2246102
Relevancy 48.59%

When I type the letter wont appear unless I hold the key down for at least 3 seconds.I must have touched something that turned on this feature. What is it?

A:Keyboard won't type unless i hold the key down for a couple

Go into your Control Panel, Ease of Access, Ease of Access Center, Set up Filter Keys. Check and make sure that "Turn on Filter Keys" is unchecked.You can also uncheck the option under Keyboard shortcut to Turn on Filter Keys when Right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/keyboard-wont-type-unless-i-hold-the-key-down-for-a-couple/19611.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Presently,i'm using a system known as "Virtual Keyboard Logger." Just tell me how safe is this security measurement. Can a 'Coronel Type' of keyboard logger steal my encripted emails?How?
I'm just computer literate.Not a 'techi.'

Respectfully,
Aeddington

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63344/keyboard-loggercoronel-type/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all. I'm confused. How do you do ALT codes without the numeric keypad? I mean the Fn key is there, but then what? I have since found that you can insert them via the on screen touch keyboard, but surely you can still do this on the keyboard right? What I want to type is which is usually Fn + ALT + 130. I contacted HP support who had no idea what-so-ever. I've done a search of the site and couldn't find anything either. Anyone got any answers? Thanks, Pony

A:Want to type é but Keyboard has no Numeric Keypad

Hello Pony, I don't have an answer to make the keyboard create a numpad but I read about adding Scripts to turn certain keys into the numpad. I have not used those.I do use a work around that will hopefully help a little. Turn on the On Screen Keyboard.Type in the Search bar Run and select it.Type the letters OSK and hit Enter.When the keyboard opens, click on Options.  When the dialog box opens, tick the box for Turn on Numeric Keypad.Hit OK.  Select the Numlock key on the on screen keyboard to show the numpad.One the physical keyboard, hold the Alt key down and click on 0233 of the On Screen Numpad.( I just use the Alt key shortcuts rather than Fn+Alt. Its just easier)   Hope that helps.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Want-to-type-%C3%A9-but-Keyboard-has-no-Numeric-Keypad/td-p/5589226
Relevancy 48.59%

Key board works fine off line but once on the internet it wont allow me to enter search blocks to type. I have windows xp. and Logitec wireless keyboard...... any suggestion to fix

A:keyboard won't type in search blocks

Have you tried the basic uninstall/reinstall routine?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192723/keyboard-wont-type-in-search-blocks/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi , when I press the ALT+164 do not appear the letter ? what I can do to fix this problem I have windows 7 RTM .

I Can resolve this problem in the keyboard language area or what ?

thanks

A:How to Configure keyboard to type letter ?

Maybe because the code is ALT+0241. ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/23838-how-configure-keyboard-type-letter.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Is there an easy way for me to type in French, including accents on a USA keyboard, other than memorizing the alt codes?

A:Type French easily on USA keyboard?

You could make yourself a character store (e.g. on a notepad) from the character map that you find in All Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access. Then you copy the characters from there and paste it into the text. That is not very convenient either, but gets the job done for the occasional email or so. The notpad shortcut you can pin to the taskbar for easy access.

But if you need it frequently, I would get a French keyboard and make the appropriate settings (which you can easily switch back and forth). E.g. I am right now typing from a German keyboard - in Florida.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132533-type-french-easily-usa-keyboard.html