Windows Support Forum

Windows fails load windows, cant access HDD from Linux

Q: Windows fails load windows, cant access HDD from Linux

Ive been having some windows issues as of late and last night my PC just decided to no longer boot to windows When I try and boot into safe mode with and without networking when it gets cant load access Linux Windows HDD windows, fails from to loading Windows fails load windows, cant access HDD from Linux CLASSPNP SYS it says quot Please Wait quot but sits and does nothing it will eventually load the repair program and do a scan looking to see what the problem with the computer is It doesnt ever find anything I try and boot to windows normally and it just sits and the Starting WIndows screen for ever The Windows Logo is pulsing so i know it hasnt froze up When I try and Launch Startup repair it doesnt ever find anything wrong So at this point Ive given up on this install of windows and want to get my files off So I throw in a copy of Knoppix and boot the live DVD It boots without fail Only when I try and access my HDD that has windows installed I have two HDDs in my computer one for windows and programs the other mainly for media storage it wont let me access it Ive tried follow tuts online to allow me to access the drive but nothing work Is there anything I can do at this point to allow me to get my data off the drive or repair it to boot If I have to reinstall I can but would rather not have to till I get my data off the drive

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows fails load windows, cant access HDD from Linux

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows fails load windows, cant access HDD from Linux

See this tutorial by theog on sevenforums.com for a neat trick to use to allow you to Copy & Paste from the Recovery Console to save files and folders.

Should be able to save your data that way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227879-windows-fails-load-windows-cant-access-hdd-linux.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Im having a nightmare and a half. As i am typing.....Im on the 7th fricken attempt at getting Linux to work on my system. Ok, ive installed Linux using 4-5 different partition combonations...NONE OF THEM WORK. After the Linux installation is complete.....the system reboots and no boot loader shows up. The boot disk that Linux creats fails. I get a failed to load OS error. Ive done these 6 attempts with and without the WinXP partition on. even done it with a blank HD. What in gods name is going on here. Can someone post me a reply on how to Install Linux and ACUALLY having it run after reboot>?? P.S I also want to runu Windows XP too. I have a 40 gig HD , Red Hat 9 disks 1,2,3 . Any walkthrough help is welcomed. I want to prove my friend that he told me how to install Linux the wrong way.

A:omg.....Linux installs.....then fails to load the Boot Loader

what i did was delete all the partitions on my HD w/ the WinXP setup cd, then installed xp on a 30gb partition then let linux take the rest. then the thing will usually automatically boot into linux and you have to configure the boot loader from in there. i did this w/ mandrake 9.1/9.2 and not redhat but have that one too.
you could TRY that, as for what's going wrong i don tknow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/omg-linux-installs-then-fails-to-load-the-boot-loader.9669/
Relevancy 73.1%

On boot I have two menus The first has options for Windows XP Pro and various Linux distros If you choose Win the second menu allows you Boot) Recovery Windows Fails (Win/Linux Dual to choose Windows or DriveClone disc partition back up and recovery software Virus attack in Windows Recovered Windows partition NTFS C from DriveClone back up Later I had another virus attack Decided to increase Windows partition size using Partition Magic since I was going to have to recover anyway Increased it from GB to GB using the first Linux Xandros partition that I wasn't using any more This worked Everything seemed Windows Recovery Fails (Win/Linux Dual Boot) to be fine Recovered from back up again Used the same back up as before since I did not do another one after changing the partition size When the back up was complete and I rebooted I got to my first menu OK When I selected Windows all I got was a blank screen with a blinking cursor I did not get to the second menu I can get into Linux Any ideas about how to get my second menu back Any ideas about how to recover my Windows Recovery Fails (Win/Linux Dual Boot) primary Windows partition Sorry for the lengthy explanation and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-recovery-fails-win-linux-dual-boot-400499.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Since upgrading to windows 10 I cannot load up my linux mint 17 disc.... I even went into my bios and disabled the secure boot. I know the mint disc works, it loads just fine on my little 14" asus with vista. What can I do to use my Linux disc?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/windows-10-will-not-load-linux/td-p/5660496
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
i got a problem,i was using win xp + sp2 on sata hard drive and decided to install suse linux 9.3 on my other non-sata hard drive,but after installing linux i got error like this:
"root (hd1, 1)
filesystem type unknown, partition type 0x7
chainloader +1"
i can choose to load linux or windows but when choose windows i get that error.
i dont know what is that but in partitioning options in linux my windows hard drive filesystem id is called "0x07 HPFS/NTFS" but when loading windows it says 0x7.
Also i couldnt explore windows hdd but when changed mount to /windows/C i could but windows didnt load anyway. The Windows are installed on E: drive, i changed mount to /windows/E but it didint load anyway.
Please help,i dont want to reinstall it because there so much good stuff in it.
P.S. sorry for my bad english

A:Please help,cannot load windows after installing linux

Have you tried booting the Windows CD and using the recovery console? You need to use the FIXBOOT command to fix the boot files for Windows. Description of the Recovery Console should get you going.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-cannot-load-windows-after-installing-linux.411823/
Relevancy 70.52%

I was about to play a game yesterday While the game was loading the screen flashed many different colors and made a weird sound I hit the reset button and expected to boot back into Windows Windows went through the first load then came to the second with the Windows logo It loaded about - then stopped I returned later and it still had progressed I got a little worried and tried booting into safe mode This did not work I then popped in the Windows install disk and tried repairing it It repaired and I tried rebooting into Windows The same thing happened I repaired again and the same results slapped me in the face I had installed Fedora Linux on an IDE hard drive a week doesn't Linux and load Windows or two before I popped in this hard drive and tried booting into Linux The Fedora blue screen only loaded just a little bit and wouldn t go any further I tried again and the same thing happened I put the Windows hard drive back in and it still wouldn t start I even reinstalled Windows over the current Windows file system Oh yeah when booting Windows say there is a power issue and go into setup I press delete and Windows and Linux doesn't load enter the bios Under the power control there is a v or something and it s in red It s like or something Is this something with the power supply Could it be a video card issue I need Windows and Linux doesn't load your help very much PC Info Antec Solutions case with antec power supply Asus A V gb Seagate SATA hard drive - Windows gb Western Digital A friend s - Linux GeForce ti mb x AGP video card mb PC DDR SDRAm nbsp Windows and Linux doesn't load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-and-linux-doesnt-load.204197/
Relevancy 69.66%

My HP notebook shut down a few days ago and when I turned it on it took an unusually long time to boot After a My windows windows. to 8 notebook load HP fails while a blue screen with a frowning symbol on the top left of the screen flashes by before a screen with the Windows sign and the words Preparing automatic repair is there for less than a minute before it is replaced by one with the words Diagnosing your PC This screen is there My windows 8 HP notebook fails to load windows. for a long time before a blue on with the words automatic repair couldn t repair your PC with the options Advanced Options and Shut Down If I click advanced options it leads to a screen with Continue to Windows Troubleshoot Shut down and then continue the cycle repeats I have tried refresh automatic My windows 8 HP notebook fails to load windows. repair and everything else from the troubleshoot screen except for reset but when I try to continue to Windows the cycle repeats N B sometimes instead of the blue screen with the Windows sign and the words automatic repair couldn t repair your PC I get Windows failed to load try automatic repair It also leads to the screen with the options Continue to Windows Troubleshoot Shut down I don t have a recovery image at all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-windows-8-hp-notebook-fails-to-load-windows.1163355/
Relevancy 68.8%

Yesterday I used my computer for a brief moment, quickly checked my email, checked an internet game through Kongregate.com, and then turned off the computer, an NEC laptop. This morning I turned and was given the Windows Boot Manager screen detailing that

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem....

File: \boot\bcd
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

Any help?
I have a windows 7 disc, but that installation was on a different computer. This is a different installation. Do I have to have the exact same disc?

A:windows fails to load

Have a read here

http://www.wintips.org/repair-windows-7-or-vista-boot-errors-problems/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625502/windows-fails-to-load/
Relevancy 68.8%

Ill try to make a long story short Bought a Dell Precision that was two years old from my ex boss I ran the computer the whole time and it never once gave me a single problem Upon receiving the computer i found that he ran a few registry deleting programs and because i know he doesn't know how to do anything i feared he did something wrong I in turn decided to format the computer I am running a RAID set-up mirror on two GB drives Windows load fails to XP I format the raid array first and rebuild the Windows XP fails to load array then install Windows XP fails to load OS which involves obviously formatting the hard drive and then install drivers reboot then what software pleases me The software i run is pretty Windows XP fails to load basic office illustrator photoshop itunes mozilla norton and a software and driver for my business which happens to be sign making Now the only software thats different on there is the signmaking stuff We use to run a Prog called signlab and now i use something else apart from that the general use of the computer is about the same as it was the two years previous Every - weeks the computer decides to stop loading Always after being shut down normal and properly It will get to the Windows preloader screen where the three boxes just sit there and slide back and forth over and over essentially until i turn the box off I can't for the life of me figure this out the hard drive and information is completely in tact what seems to be missing is the os software for the longest time i was not able to get into safemode however these last two times i have been able to get into safe mode so atleast i can without having to take the machine apart back up everything otherwise it just meant taking the comp apart and useing a HDD enclosure to access the data I've tried repair install several times it will let you reboot twice before continuing the same preloader freeze up Ive run hardware diagnostics which came out A OK I keep the anti virus up to date and other than low priority tracking cookies that it handles when needed it doesnt detect viruses for the life of me i can't get this computer back on track this last time i took off every cable with the exception of uninstalling the processor and reinstalling it but every HDD cable cdrom cable video card blew out all dust bunnies and still to no avail nothings fixed So my few questions are - how the hell do i get it to stop this merrygoround it is frusterating and a complete waste of time - since the processor is the only thing i didn't touch what is the possibility that it is corrupting the OS - i noticed in bios that my comp has bit technology dell only gave me a bit os disk and i don't remember whether or not the original install was a bit or not Whats the possibility of me running bit OS on a bit system corrupting the OS And to note well i guess this is it unless i can think of something else Thanks for the help PLEASE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-fails-to-load-305402.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I just came home for christmas and my parents showed me that their computer is failing to boot It posts normally runs the windows splash screen and then comes up to a black screen with a mouse cursor and hourglass then seconds later to just a mouse cursor - it can sit for an hour and never loads anything else In safe mode any type it does the same thing but with the version number across the top and safe mode in each corner In any mode there is no taskbar and no Windows Fails load GUI SP2 to XP response from the start button right clicking or ctrl alt del I have tried after making a backup of course replacing explorer exe and taskman exe as well Windows XP SP2 Fails to load GUI as the entire system and system folders except config in system which is protected I have loaded the hard drive in my own computer and it does the same thing I ran scandisk on it while it was in my windows pc and it didn t tell me anything The drive is divided into partitions and I only scanned the C drive This is my Windows XP SP2 Fails to load GUI parents computer and I do not have a hardware listing it is relatively new but not high end I can look for model numbers on anything that is relevant I have slaved the drive into another computer and Windows XP SP2 Fails to load GUI backed up any data I am just trying to avoid a full reformat and having to reinstall all the software any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello. I have Red Hat Linux and Windows XP on different partitions on my Dell. I went to login to Windows the other day, and after I selected Windows it gave me a black screen saying windows failed to load. It had options of starting in safe mode, starting from last known configuration or starting normally. Regardless of what you press, the Windows XP screen comes up like its loading, then after a few second it goes to a blue screen saying unmountable_boot_volume. It says to remove any hardware that I recently added, but I haven't added anything. My sister had been using the computer while I was gone, and I don't know what to do now. Any ideas? Thanks.

Relevancy 68.8%

I just recently gave my fails to windows load computer I had to my year old sister Iv e had this system for four years and this has never happened windows fails to load to me before The day after I gave it to her she told me that it would not load It gets all the way to the windows XP loading screen with the small green dots moving at the bottom then the dots just stop moving The hard drive light is still lit up like its doing something but after an hour or so of leaving it on like that it was still frozen I was able to load it up in safe mode and remove any adware spyware on it and get a hijack this log I m not sure what it is she does on it but in all the time iv e had the machine its never done this before Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www zophar net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm O - BHO no name - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO NavErrRedir Class - D A E - A - f- A- B BF D - no file O - BHO no name - CA C- C - a -A C - F F CB - C Program Files Kontiki bin bh dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run Pop-Up Stopper quot C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper dpps exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe -osboot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS Updreg exe O - HKLM Run CTStartup C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Program CTEaxSpl EXE run O - HKLM Run Jet Detection C Program Files Creative SBAudigy PROGRAM ADGJDet exe O - HKLM Run DELUXECC C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCDeluxe DELUXECC exe O - HKLM Run Disc Detector C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLL O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run MSNSysRestore C WINDOWS System pc exe bg O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ADUserMon C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe O - HKLM Run Deskup C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons deskup exe IMGSTART O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run P P Networking C WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exe AUTOSTART O - HKLM Run updmgr C Program Files Common files updmgr updmgr exe O - HKLM Run AltnetPointsManager C Program Files Altnet Points Manager Points Manager exe -s O - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM Run LogitechGalleryRepair C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechImageStudioTray C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exe O... Read more

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Everyone How are you I have been running Windows XP Service Pack on my computer for several years now Last night my computer froze for the first time in over half a year so I restarted it and nothing seemed to be wrong After about minutes of using it it froze once again After restarting it the second time however it showed me the screen that says I could choose to restart in the quot Last Known Good Configuration quot in quot Safe Mode or to quot Start Windows Normally quot If I chose the non-Safe Mode options it would start to load Windows with the Windows XP screen and the blue bar running under it and then restart itself when the blue bar runs for the third time For the Safe Mode options it would load partway and then restart again Can I do something to fix this Is this a hard drive problem I tried unplugging everything except for my monitor and hard drive but the problem was still there Load XP Fails to Windows Please help I am using a library computer to type this and will wait until I can find a resolution then go home and try it Thank you in advance

A:Windows XP Fails to Load

Welcome to TSF

Open your side panel and check the Heatsink and fan is probably clogged.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-fails-to-load-121340.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hey i have a friends laptop here that ive been trying to fix for him it is an Acer Aspire one series model KAV CPU type intel atom CPU N CPU speed GHz and it came with windows starter on it It has the blue screen of death i think thats what its called when you start it up u get Windows error Recovery with two options to launch startup repair or to start windows normally when u launch startup repair it loads the files then goes to the startup screen and then it just goes to a black screen When you try to start windows normally it goes to the windows startup screen then it switches to a blue screen then restarts automatically and goes throu the whole start up process again I have created a bootable usb with windows on it as this pc 7 load to windows fails has nothing on it that the owner requires i have decided to do a fresh install windows 7 fails to load of windows starter heres my problem now i set the pc to boot from the windows 7 fails to load usb i get to the part where i select language time and currency and keyboard and input method i push next then i get the screen that says to install now so i select that then i get setup is starting and it takes about - minutes before it gets to the next page where i have to select windows starter x push next then accept the license terms push next then i select the custom advanced option now it asks where i want to install windows i see partitions disk Partition PQSERVICE GB total size GB free space OEM reserved Type disk Partition System Reserved MB total size MB free space System type disk Partition GB total size GB free space primary type From here all i get is the spinning circle thing meaning its loading i believe i have left this on over an entire day and nothing has changed So im kinda stuck here Does anyone have any advice on what i am doing wrong or what i could do more Any help is appreciated and if you need more info just ask nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hey,am trying to format my pc (desk top,mother board mecury) which was infected by viruses.Now its failing to load some file.it fails load from CAB DRIV.
its only accepting windows 98.help help please

A:Windows xp fails to load

Huh?

Okay first, what is the exact spelling of the file it is failing to load, and what is the exact text of the error message? At what point in the installation process does this happen.

One reason installs fail is because the CD is scratched, dirty, etc... Sometimes making a copy of a damaged disk will work. The copying process "fixes" the bad data before it gets burned to the new disk.

Also, a bad optical drive will mis-read and corrupt data during an install. Changing out the optical drive might fix the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-fails-to-load-534170.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey There Windows Load. To Fails Xp i had a brilliant result last time i came onto here for Windows Xp Fails To Load. help Windows Xp Fails To Load. so here i am again D Last week my computer was working fine until one day i had to turn my computer off by the mains Not shut down i turned it on then i had the normal boot screen and everything coming up but no windows xp loading screen i then waited for something to happen but there was no result it just stayed at a black screen i then restarted it and when into safe mode and that also failed to load because it stopped loading at a certain file i then put in the windows xp disk and tried to re-install windows xp back onto my system but the windows setup failed to load also one time i had a message showing that i had some boot file corrupt S Can someone help me get around this error and get my windows xp back up and running please i will be very greatfull thanks Jonney

A:Windows Xp Fails To Load.

I have this issue every once and a while as well and can't seem to figure the problem out.
My issue is a little different though, my PC will lock up, and when I restart it'll load Windows, and then just go to a black screen like you described.
If I let it sit for 10-15 minutes it'll BSOD and restart and work fine though.
Have you tried letting it sit?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-fails-to-load-293712.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Dear fellow people out there in the Internet There was recently a post in this forum titled quot Windows did not start successfully quot which contained this text quot Every time I try to restart I get this message that Windows did not start properly and I should select from options - safe mode - safe mode with networking - safe mode with command - last known setting - start normally I tried all the options but nothing seems to work It just goes back to this same screen again Please help I have tons of very valuable information on my computer quot I am having this same problem and tried all of the steps recommended including trying to run the repair console from the XP disk I gave the computer to a friend who is a professional IT guy and he said he is successfully XP to Windows load in fails having no luck pulling my files off of the computer using either the quot hook it to another computer quot method or with his company s data extraction software He says he Windows fails to load successfully in XP thinks the hard drive itself is damaged and about to die and I should find a professional data extraction Windows fails to load successfully in XP service My question is How do you find such a service I am kind of leery of just searching on the Internet for this Also is there anything else to try I have a year old Gateway that lost it s warranty exactly weeks before it died If I have to replace the computer I don t even care at this point as long as I can recover my years of writings and research which were not FULLY backed up Thank you so much nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

When I try to check for updates, the page fails to load. My PC has Win 7 Service Pack 1 64 bit OS. I don't know what to do and would appreciate your suggestions. Thank you for your assistance!

A:Windows Update Fails to Load

Hello there, 

Have you launched "Windows Update troubleshooter" and see if the issue still persists? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter

Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618409/windows-update-fails-to-load/
Relevancy 67.94%

Windows XP Media Center Gateway GT Media 90% Time Load of the to Windows Fails Center Computer http support gateway com s PC R nv shtml This description is fairly long I went into as much detail as possible because this problem just came out of nowhere So I Windows Fails to Load 90% of the Time get on the computer one day and everything is cool I rearrange some music uninstall Windows Fails to Load 90% of the Time some software that I never use and surf the web While I was adding several hundred music files to my iTunes I ran into an error that said I Windows Fails to Load 90% of the Time didn t have access to write to the C drive iTunes stopped importing the music halfway through at this point I selected all my music again and tried once more this time it worked fine This happened a few times before I was able to get all my music in I m thinking that this may have something to do with my boot problems since I had never experienced this error ever before It s probably the only peculiar thing that happened prior to my problem so I mentioned it Lastly I run disc clean up and Spybot Search amp Destroy I updated my AVG AntiVirus and avast and restart after it asks me to I am then confronted with this crap Irregardless of the way I turn the computer off it boots back up with the screen that informs me that Windows did not load properly And naturally it gives me some odd seconds to decide if I want to start the computer normally or in a variety of safe modes Choosing to start the computer normally or letting the time run out results in the screen flickering for a brief second and the Windows loading screen coming up Everything goes to black before the Windows loading screen can finish A blue screen appears with a bunch of white text that disappears far too quickly for me to read Then I am once again greeted with the Gateway boot screen that comes up first whenever the computer is turned on The next window that comes up is the Windows did not load properly screen yet again Alternatively choosing any one of the three safe modes results in the screen being littered with line and lines of text that sometimes result in the computer restarting or just hanging there until I turn the computer off completely myself It s a near endless loop that just goes on and on no matter what I do This goes on for a minimum of ten minutes I ve left my computer doing this for a good - minutes sometimes an hour at a time and come back to find that it has finally booted up completely and is now sitting at the Windows login page I type in my password and the computer works like normal from then on I can surf the web listen to iTunes burn DVD s and run other various software with no noticeable errors or interruptions If I shut down or restart it starts all over again Roughly - minutes later and I can login again Once I m in everything works as normal I ve gone through this process maybe times since the problem started about a week ago and it s always the same At first restarting or shutting down from different user accounts or the Windows login screen booted Windows up on the first try without error This led me to believe that it was a problem with just the administrator account Unfortunately the other user accounts and the Windows login screen now suffer the same error as well Here s what I ve tried so far to fix the problem I tried System Restore Windows failed to restore the computer to a previous date I ve only attempted this once Using Command Prompt Safe Mode does not work So once I was able to get a restart that worked I logged into Windows and scheduled a CHKDSK to be performed the next time Windows started Eventually that worked and it did the CHKDSK It got to the fourth of five steps without any errors before I fell asleep out of boredom I awoke the next morning to find the computer at the Windows login screen A restart provided the same screwed up results as always So it doesn t appear CHKDSK did anything useful The only disc I ve got with this PC i... Read more

A:Windows Fails to Load 90% of the Time

Have you tried a system restore in safe mode ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-fails-to-load-90-of-the-time.666331/
Relevancy 67.94%

hello my computer currently running windows has all of a sudden started giving Windows Solved: load to fails 7 me this error WINDOWS ERROR RECOVERY - windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem if power was interrupted during startup Solved: Windows 7 fails to load choose Start windows normally from here i am presented with choices Launch Startup repair recommended and Start windows normally choice attempts to load windows files and then returns me to current screen choice restarts computer and boots to the current screen i have tried running my windows installation disc i get the quot press any key etc quot prompt and follow it but after it tries to load files i am presented with the following WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER - windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix the problem insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer choose your language settings and then click quot next quot click quot repair your computer quot if you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File windows system config system Status xc Info windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt after hitting enter i am offered to start quot windows setup quot which does nothing but return me to current screen there are advanced options safe mode safe mode networking command prompt debug last known good configuration etc i have tried all options that i felt comfortable with and none will work is there any way to fix this with the desktop down i have no access to burning cd s so a recovery disc will not work please anything at all will be much appreciated if more information is needed i will gather what i can upon request i apologize in advance for any lack of information and thank you again nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 fails to load

Please provide us with the computer specs including model and make. Go ahead and turn off the computer and unplug it from the wall and remove any hardware or USB devices that you might have added to it and by that I mean USB thumbdrives, printer, etc. Let's have this PC only have the essential parts (mouse/kb/onboard graphics card) attached to it so we can quickly and effectively resolve the issue. Now, with the computer unplugged from the wall, press on the power button and release after 5 seconds. Now plug it in and turn on the computer. What happens now? Please do not try anything else at this point but simply report back to me and I will provide you with the next steps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-fails-to-load.960197/
Relevancy 67.94%

No changes made to pc recently. Simply restarted and now windows xp does not load. Goes through entire bios, once it is about to display the windows welcome screen it restarts.

Installed new memory to no avail. Do I need to replace the motherboard?

PC is about 4 years old.

Thanks.

A:Goes through BIOS but windows fails to load

If it POSTs ok (Power On Self Test) it usually means the motherboard is ok, but the system software is not.

Using your Xp (?) CD, you could perform a Repair (you will need your Windows key for this)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/goes-through-bios-but-windows-fails-to-load.98169/
Relevancy 67.94%

My problem is that my computer no longer is able see Windows on bootup I get to Windows 8.1 Load Fails after udpate a Loading OS message and nothing happens Before this happened I reset my computer from Windows with the intent to change a BIOS setting for the CPU fan and an Windows update was applied on reboot Windows apparently installed the update and then I got to the login screen At this point instead of logging into Windows I hit the reset button to make the BIOS change After doing this when I tried to boot again Windows would even begin to load and I got the Loading OS Windows 8.1 Fails to Load after udpate message immediately Is it possible that Windows did not finish installing the update even though I was at the login screen for Windows 8.1 Fails to Load after udpate Windows I then booted from the USB flash drive with Windows install files Windows 8.1 Fails to Load after udpate not I upgraded from to I went into the repair option and then I got the message that no repairs could be found or were needed Interestingly now when I try the repair option the computer automatically reboots so the repair option appears to be very broken now Next I tried to see if my disks were working and they seem to be Attached is a screenshot when I list the volumes C drive is a HDD data drive without Windows D drive appears to be some sort of system restore partition as far as I understand F drive is the SSD with Windows installed on it I can navigate through all directories fine on the SSD and the drive seems healthy E drive is the USB drive When I unhook the data drive all the letters get shifted up one and this does not seem to be a factor in reviving Windows Are the drive letters important I find it odd that the SDD does not show up as C drive with or without the data drive installed I tried the sfc scannow option in offline but I cannot get it to run I believe that I am entering the letters correctly and I have tried different variations Please check if I am not typing this in correctly given my drive letters ---How do I get this to run I also tried to apply the Windows System Restore option on my flash drive I seemingly was able to restore to a restore point set this morning However Windows is still not found at bootup at all At this point I m at a complete loss on how to proceed short of reinstalling Windows Other options from the Windows repair screen seem to result in loss of programs or data Any ideas here Please help For the record my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA- A-UD I tried restore some BIOS settings to no effect

A:Windows 8.1 Fails to Load after udpate

Okay, this appears to be a tough one--Nobody has responded yet and basic level of MS support was not helpful.

Quick questions: Does the volume drive arrangement in the picture above seem reasonable? (1) Does the Windows drive need to be volume 0 and/or drive C? The SSD (111 gigabytes) is drive C normally when Windows loads up. Would reassigning the drive to C fix the problem possibly? Can I reassign the volume? This is probably not the solution though as I would not understand why the drives would have been incorrectly reassigned in the first place.

(2) What do I need to do to get sfc to run?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51879-windows-8-1-fails-load-after-udpate.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I just upgraded to Windows Vista 64 over the weekend as a clean install. I ran Windows Update and got everything installed fine. However, shortly after Windows Update failed to open when I clicked the icon. I see a window start to open on the desktop and then disappear. No errors show up. If I go into the Control Panel->Security and click "Turn Automatic Updating On or Off" I receive the following error: Windows cannot find 'shell:::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-BEB064C98683}\10\::{36eef7db-88ad-4e81...\pageSettings'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101098/windows-update-fails-to-load/
Relevancy 67.94%

A couple of days ago my genius spouse left his laptop once again in a precarious situation sitting on a table Vista Windows Fails to Load near an open window during Windows Vista Fails to Load a rain storm Regardless since this time not shockingly windows wont load properly and im hoping that someone can offer some advice as I cant afford to pay for a professsional to take a look at it at this time When he tries to turn it on as usual it attempts to load but it freezes on the screen Windows Vista Fails to Load with the green bars about halfway across and never goes anywhere he did manage to catch a glimpse of an error a couple of times that said quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix this problem insert your windows disk and run repair Windows Vista Fails to Load quot etc I havent seen it yet so I can t give the exact wording of the end of the statement but it basically says put your disc in and let windows fix itself Tried that it only took about seconds to repair windows supposedly but it still wont load properly I have tried to look this problem up on various forums but there seems to be one major issue that people are encountering that I am not every account that I have read noone can get their system to load at all in any mode I CAN load the system in safe mode and everything works perfectly well it just wont run in normal mode This gives me a little bit of hope if perhaps false lol Obviously I suspect that there may be some water damage but wondering if maybe by some miracle its not damaged hardware since safe mode does still work Any advice other than choke him for being irresponsible would be greatly appreciated Specs that I can recall offhand Toshiba P Satellite Windows Vista Home Premium no new changes to any hardware or software unless it was an automatic download that we arent aware of yet If you need anything more specific please let me know and I will try to get what you need Thanks in advance Edit finally managed to get a look at the laptop myself and discovered that there was a windows update done which coincidentally was the night it stopped working so currently trying a system restore to see if that solves the problem sys restore failed miserably Edit ran chkdsk came up with a couple of errors but didnt catch them in time before it closed cant get it to run again yet safe mode hangs on loading

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255584/windows-vista-fails-to-load/
Relevancy 67.94%

I would like to be able to solve a problem with my operating system which is not loading all the way I want to solve it to fails Windows load completely 7 without having to do a clean install The Problem Windows will stop loading at Windows 7 fails to load completely a point just before the initial desktop screen Windows screen The screen is black with the mouse cursor and stops No matter how long I wait it will not proceed any further The History I purchase this laptop Dell Studio months ago with a touch screen i gig rpm hard drive gig of ram and with Windows home premium The first modification I made to the system in Jan was to add Windows 7 fails to load completely a Kingston gig v SSD In installed Win with the ability to boot to either drive In Sept Windows 7 fails to load completely I installed the Win developers preview I shrank the original hard drive to be able to install Win in a new partition I now had three OS's installed I have been using the SSD drive as my main system for obvious reasons Every week I would install any updates in the original Win installation The events leading to the initial problem This past week when I booted to Win I was unable to access the other disk partitions using Windows Explorer I also was presented with a window indicating that a large number of files had an 'invalid security code and was being replaced with a default security code After logging off Win I restarted Windows SSD and found that it would stop loading at the place I described earlier I then tried 'Safe BOOT' and it stopped at the same place I then tried Win on the original hard drive and found the same issue problem What I've done so far I've reinstalled Win in the original partition on the gig drive and run all updates At this point Windows Explorer sees the SSD drive but assess is denied I can still boot to the Win partition When booting Win on the SSD the Win load still stops at the point I described earlier even in safe mode I ran my System Repair disk without success I then inserted the original OS DVD which came with the computer and started from the DVD I tried both the repair and system restore options System repair did not find any issues and system restore did not find any restore points to use I did open the command prompt option and was able to review all drives directories and files including those in the SSD I was able to open view log and ini files In reviewing the 'windowsupdate log file it shows the last update was on Nov th I didn t see any issues in that log I ran chkdsk and the process did not find any disk errors or issues on the SSD I tried booting with boot logging but have not found any file showing the list of boot processes I was hoping to find the reason why it stops and correct it but I'm at a loss on where to turn It s not that I can t reinstall the OS It s trying to find the problem and fix it That is one way I learn But I could use some help How would I find out what failed in the load process Could it be a registry issue a bad dll a bad ini file How would I find out Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have Joneszee

A:Windows 7 fails to load completely

What a mess.

Can you post back a screenshot of maximized Disk Management drive map with listings of any of the OS's which are still bootable, while all HD's are plugged in. We can advise you better.

If not, unplug all but the SSD, making sure it is set to boot first in BIOS setup (after DVD drive), mark Win7 partition on it Active so it will accept the System boot files: Partition - Mark as Active (Method Two)

Next boot into Win7 DVD Repair console to run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times until Win7 starts with its own boot files instead of booting off of the other HD.

You can now plug back in the other HD and boot it using the BIOS one-time Boot Menu key so the HD's remain independent. If it needs repair to start, do so using the same procedure as above with the SSD unplugged using the Win8 DVD Repair console.

If you still want to boot the rescue Win7 you installed on HD, add it to Dual boot when starting that HD only, using EasyBCD 2.0 from Win8. But I would delete it's partition in Disk Mgmt unless you have an extra Product Key to activate it and a need to keep it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198052-windows-7-fails-load-completely.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an ASUS laptop which used to have a recovery partition. I used a function to make recovery DVDs and proceeded to format the partition.

Well now Windows won't boot. I attempted to use my recovery DVDs but after taking 10-15 minutes to boot it loads to a screen with a graphic (wallpaper) and stays there.
It doesn't tell me to load the next disk, it doesn't give me any kind of menu, does not accept any kind of input (including ctrl-alt-del).

Any idea on how I can make this work?

A:Windows 7 Recovery fails to load interface

4 days without response... bumping back to first page. Still haven't figured it out on my own either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/254766-windows-7-recovery-fails-load-interface.html
Relevancy 67.51%
A:Windows Update Page Fails To Load

Try getting the latest update agent and see whether it helps:
Information for network administrators about how to obtain the latest Windows Update Agent

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/258159-windows-update-page-fails-load.html
Relevancy 67.51%

After a few days, I plugged in my USB "Kingston Data Traveler" flash memory and Windows doesn't recognize it & says "No drivers are installed for this device." I have installed two programs since this last worked fine. Any suggestions are welcomed - thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Windows USB Driver Fails to Load

Hi u01545n and welcome to TSF !

Make sure you have SP2 installed. You can find out by going to start => run and typing winver or by going to your system properties (windows key + pause/break key). It's also advised you go to Windows update and make all latest critical updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-usb-driver-fails-to-load-163267.html
Relevancy 67.51%

After installing today 12 updates, Windows 7 x64 does not boot.

It shows the screen "Starting Windows" for about 2 minutes, then reboots.
Safe mode does not help.

A:After recent updates Windows fails to load

Can you try 'last known good configuration'

How To Start Windows 7 Using Last Known Good Configuration

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367163-after-recent-updates-windows-fails-load.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I have XP pro on my computer My computer reset itself And now it wont restart Everytime I try to restart I get this from -Win Windows load Xp pro to did fails successfully not start message that windows did not start properly and I should select from options - safe mode - safe mode with networking - safe mode with command - last known setting - start normally I tried all the options but nothing seems to work It just goes back to this same screen again Please help I have tons of very valuable information on my computer Everything was fine Next time pc was started it did the boot process and then a DOS screen appeared telling me that Windows did not start successfully and on lower part of screen it gives you choices to start in safe mode and one choice to start at the last known Windows did not start successfully -Win Xp pro fails to load from configuration that worked None of these choices come up The computer just keeps restarting and then the screen comes up about Windows not starting successfully Thank you What was i doing when it crashed Loading battlefield for first time had turned all my video settings up to high and it was supposedly optimizing it then bang it reset and now im at this stage My computer Dual Core E ghz fsb gb ram Asus p b-plus motherboard W psu EN GT MB video card What ive done Run the memory diagnosis thing - http oca microsoft com en windiag asp Press T to run the extended tests This freezes on one of the test - and does not complete My thoughts are more likely that it is the hard drive The computer is only days old so it is a real pain Any other thoughts i would prefer other possibilities at this stage cause i dont really want to take the hd out in case the computer shop says i tampered with it and thats why it failed Cheers nbsp

A:Windows did not start successfully -Win Xp pro fails to load from

I wouldn't necessarily suspect the hard drive just yet. A repair/reinstall might be your best bet; since it crashed on an application installation, you may have some necessary files in limbo. Check this link for a comprehensive guide:

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189400897

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-did-not-start-successfully-win-xp-pro-fails-to-load-from.598578/
Relevancy 67.51%

I normally stream videos and music from my laptop to my xbox through a router no problem However within the last week and a half or so all media streaming crashed for me When i go to control panel gt network and sharing center gt choose homegroup and sharing options gt change advanced sharing settings gt and choose media streaming options it just says quot The page failed to load quot Ive tried several methods of streaming suggested by microsoft zune windows media sharing windows media center and none to Media Windows load fails 7 Streaming work Furthermore When I Windows 7 Media Streaming fails to load tried to add the as an extender through windows media center the program would just crash as soon as i entered my xbox s setup key Also when i tried setting up windows media center for the first time to see if it would stream When i went to sync my music and video libraries it gave a message saying quot A necessary component of Windows Media Center did not start properly Restart windows media center quot I cant think of anything I ve done within this time frame to cause this to happen and I have never had any problems like this before Any help is much appreciated Jack nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 Bit, Service Pack 2.
OK so my first problem is the Windows Update. After going to Control Panel > Windows Update, a page come on saying "Page Fail To Load". How can I fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-page-fails-to-load.873553/
Relevancy 67.51%

i recently did an LCD screen replacement when i powered up the laptop it came on normally only the trackpad was not working on log in screen but works everywhere else i looked into how i could solve this and i needed admin rights so i got the password and when i logged into the admin account only for the trackpad to not work at all after a few minutes the desktop locked up and was non responsive I restarted fails 7 Windows to load unless mode in it safe is and got the message Windows 7 fails to load unless it is in safe mode Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected this is now appearing after every restart I have checked the boot Windows 7 fails to load unless it is in safe mode order and i have ran start up repair and it allows me to start up in safe mode but once i try to load normally I get that error again does that sound familiar to anyone PS the laptop was dropped that is why the screen needed replaced as a precaution I have checked the hard drive for errors are there was none and the laptop is recognising it in the bios seems odd to load windows until it crashes and then decide not to its is a Dell Inspiron m

A:Windows 7 fails to load unless it is in safe mode

did you test the harddrive after dropping the laptop. there is a good chance you damaged the drive too. If not, run the drives manufacturers diagnostic utility...

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-fails-to-load-unless-it-is-in-safe-mode-686933.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all

I am having a persistent problem with Windows 10 that I need help with

Just about every computer start takes two attempts to complete, the first start fails to load any desktop icons and just sits there with a spinning progress icon and nothing can be started. I have to do a Control/Alt/delete and select restart, which it does and then that time it all starts ok with no other issues all day long.

Anyone know how to fix this.

Thanks for any help

Paul

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39677-windows-10-fails-load-desktop-icons.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello Strangest thing when I have my Acer H Beamer connected load 7 attached when fails Projector Windows is to with hdmi to the graficcard I get bluescreen everytime right before the desktop loads up And when I detatch it and only startup with my LCD monitor everything works again I Recently upgraded to GTX from GT card but this problem occured a few weeks in already using my projector connected to the Windows 7 fails to load when Projector is attached new grafic I did however notice a minor problem during use when I played around in the settings and switched between resolutions The recomended HDReady resolution and testing a fullHD resolution suddenly windows stopped recognizing the projector as Acer H and just displaying it as quot Digital Display quot after that everything started going downhill and now I cant even restart the computer with the Beamer connected to the back Nvidia drivers are But I have tried several others including Beta ones with same result I also used Drive Cleaner and reinstalled windows twice No solution Any help please

A:Windows 7 fails to load when Projector is attached

Could you please upload your dmp files that were created during the BSOD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-analysis.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85293-windows-7-fails-load-when-projector-attached.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I let Norton 360 do a disc defrag and I turned the power off at plug by mistake oops!!

Now when I start pc, windows vista starts but i get a black window with the heading C:Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe There is a cursor in the window like I'm supposed to type something.

The other problem that has arisen alongside this is when launch Windows Mail i get the message-

Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DDL could not be loaded.

As you can probably tell I'm a complete spanner when it come to computers so any advice would be very much appreciated. I drive trains for a living so unless its got at least 2000 horse power and no steering wheel I'm stuffed... Cheers!

A:Windows Mail fails MSOE.DDL wont load

*** Backup your any registry keys before deleting them***

Go to Start Search and type regedit, click on continue to allow it and navigate to this registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Mail

make sure windows mail is not open. Right click on the above key again and choose
Delete.

Reboot and try Windows Mail again.

Hopefully this will rectify the windows mail issue at least.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-mail-fails-msoe-ddl-wont-load.742217/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi im new to this so please can some one help me I have recently got a new computer amd processor heat sink fan with gb ram and gb hd with nvidia gt graphic card fails startup Windows load to disc? insert All was working fine Windows fails to load insert startup disc? until about weeks later when sudenly it just switches off normally it would load back up but somtimes it will display startup failed insert startup disc but now its switched off and will not load at all same error message on startup i was thinking about getting a new hd gb one is years old and re installing windows on the new one therefor saving all the files and games on my old hd and still being able to run games off of it b ut havin a new os installed on a new hd will this work any ideas welcome please help as i need this for both work and call of duty purposes thank you in advance p s the reason why i want to keep both hd s is because i do not want to re install everything and install game patches ect will i still be able to play game and programs with them pre installed on old harddrive with windows installed on new harddrive will this not affect the registry as i said im new to this nbsp

A:Windows fails to load insert startup disc?

I have seen faulty HardDrive connection to the Motherboard cause this
Try replacing the Sata cable, and/or connecting the HardDrive to a different Sata port on the Motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-fails-to-load-insert-startup-disc.112953/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello all First time poster here I am having issues getting my Toshiba to load windows Here Tool Recovery load/Startup won't Windows fails is the rundown Successfully started computer and loaded Windows Windows -bit btw but noticed that certain stock applications would not work calculator paint windows explorer etc Installed several Windows updates that have been waiting to install for a while not sure what they were exactly and shut down Upon attempting to restart I was presented with the startup recovery tool It failed to fix the problem Here is what I have tried and the results Complete shut down with AC power and battery removed for gt minute - Didn't fix the issue System restore - Fails to successfully restore tried twice using Windows won't load/Startup Recovery Tool fails two different points Safe mode - Won't allow me to Memory check - Ran rebooted and Windows won't load/Startup Recovery Tool fails failed to fix the issue After checking around I found FRST Here is a scan log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-GRHR on - - Running from F Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could Windows won't load/Startup Recovery Tool fails be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run - x HKLM Run HotKeysCmds - C windows system hkcmd exe HKLM Run cAudioFilterAgent - C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe - - Conexant Systems Inc HKLM Run SynTPEnh - C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run ThpSrv - C windows system thpsrv logon HKLM Run TPwrMain - C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run HSON - C Program Files TOSHIBA TBS HSON exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run SmoothView - C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TCrdMain - C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosWaitSrv - C Program Files TOSHIBA TPHM TosWaitSrv exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run Teco - C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO Teco exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run HDMICtrlMan - C Program Files TOSHIBA HDMICtrlMan HDMICtrlMan exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run SmartFaceVWatcher - C Program Files TOSHIBA SmartFaceV SmartFaceVWatcher exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosSENotify - C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert TosWaitSrv exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA updaterstartuputility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run Logitech Download Assistant - C Windows system rundll exe C Windows System LogiLDA dll LogiFetch HKLM-x Run NortonOnlineBackupReminder - C Program Files x Toshiba Toshiba Online Backup Activation TobuActivation exe - - Toshiba HKLM-x Run ToshibaServiceStation - C Program Files x Toshiba TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM-x Run TUSBSleepChargeSrv - C Program Files x Toshiba TOSHIBA USB Sleep and Charge Utility TUSBSleepChargeSrv exe - - TOSHIBA HKLM-x Run GrooveMonitor - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run NPSStartup - x HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run DivXUpdate - C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe - - HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task - C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run InstaLAN - C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe - - Affinegy Inc HKLM-x Run HP Software Update - C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe - - Hewlett... Read more

A:Windows won't load/Startup Recovery Tool fails

Ok.  I resolved the issue myself.  Had to do a complete re-install of the OS.  Chose not to reformat my drive so I could retrieve my old files from the windows.old file

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518732/windows-wont-loadstartup-recovery-tool-fails/
Relevancy 66.65%

Good morning everyone I came across this forum while searching for help with a computer issue I m hoping you can help me Our sales director has a Dell Latitude E laptop with Win XP Pro I did all the updates before this problem occurred It s brand new and he decided to use the program PC Locator to move everything from his old laptop to his new laptop He says load fails Windows to icons/taskbar Explorer - no he did Windows Explorer fails to load - no icons/taskbar that it said it did it successfully but when he restarted the program right after using the program the computer won t finish loading Windows Explorer It will get to the Welcome screen and you can choose Windows Explorer fails to load - no icons/taskbar your user but after that it will show the desktop background but no icons or taskbar and gives the error that Windows Explorer Windows Explorer fails to load - no icons/taskbar has encountered a problem and needs to close Error messages http i photobucket com albums jj Ruatha jpg http i photobucket com albums jj Ruatha jpg Can anyone help me figure out what is going on Could he have transferred a virus or anything from his old laptop He was prone to downloading everything under the sun although he did have Vipre anti-virus on there and I installed Kapersky Anti-Virus on his new laptop BEFORE he copied everything over but it was FULL of junk I ran a standard diagnostic test as well and it came up with the following errors Error Code D Msg VIDEO - No BIOS support for SMI interface function I have no idea where to go from here Anyone have suggestions I m a intermediate computer user but haven t really run into problems like this before Kathleen nbsp

A:Windows Explorer fails to load - no icons/taskbar

Came across the same problem. It is a virus problem and I had to reformat to fix it. Usually it is a virus associated with a crack .exe file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-fails-to-load-no-icons-taskbar.816291/
Relevancy 66.65%

This is my nd attempt to install a brand new WD FZEX in my Windows x machine I assumed to find/load driver Windows 4TB 7 Fails WD4003FZEX: the first one was bad so I exchanged it for another I am NOT new to PCs in fact I am ashamed to say I'm a tech with years experience and this one has me stumped I have installed countless drives and this one should be dead easy Windows simply says it failed to find the driver The BIOS does see and correctly identify the drive The motherboard is a modern Gigabyte GA-Z -D H with UEFI so no problem there I would be very grateful to anyone that can help me solve this OS Windows Ultimate x CPU Intel Core i - 4TB WD4003FZEX: Windows 7 Fails to find/load driver K Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z -D H Memory GBCorsair Vengeance x GB CMZ GX M X C Graphics Card EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Drives Boot GB SSD Samsung Electronics Pro Series MZ- PD BW Secondary Drives WD TB amp WD GB

A:4TB WD4003FZEX: Windows 7 Fails to find/load driver

Download the drivers from the manufacturers website?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344213-4tb-wd4003fzex-windows-7-fails-find-load-driver.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently rebuilt my PC but kept the same Disk Drive
But when i connect the disk drive windows doesn't get past

"Verfiying DMI Pool Data"

the only way i have to load windows is to disconnect my CD Drive
Bit of a pain seeing as i want to reinstall windows

A:Windows fails to load with Disk Drive Connected

hi and welcome to the forum this may help point you in the right direction http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-fails-to-load-with-disk-drive-connected.854023/
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently installed the program Super Utilities Pro to clean up my system a little bit. The next time I turned on my computer I received the following message:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File: \Windows\System32\Drivers\HWFProt.sys
Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

From reading the following post I can tell that I need to uninstall Super Utilities Pro however, I am unable to get past this error message when windows boots up. I downloaded my copy of Windows Vista from my school and so I do not have a boot disk...the files are on the hard drive.

If someone can help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Guys It s me Actually this is to 8 Missing and Control Fails Windows CMD Load Panel my nd post but the same and my Windows 8 Control Panel Fails to Load and CMD Missing first Windows 8 Control Panel Fails to Load and CMD Missing account was banned forever but-- Nevermind Since I m pretty new to tech guy I didn t even know what rule or regulation I violated Moving on English is not my first language but I ll try my best to explain everything with details I downloaded a theme at Astyles Org and Installed it exactly how the tutorial video did it At first a few themes worked but I think they are not fully working because my file explorer panels don t have designs like the one showed in the site So I tried Astyles Org Win Tokisaki Kurumi By HT I decided to re-do all the steps needed to install the third-party theme These are the three programs needed to install the theme -UltraUXThemePatcher -HUD Evolution Setup -Sh Setup The first program was a success but at the second one you are supposedly to pick only one I forgot sorry but I tried to check all and see what is the theme because HUD Evolution Setup is a complete theme installer After finishing it showed a error message Didn t even bother to read And I still continued to step and it was a success I installed the theme now and there was no error but after installing a theme you need to choose it from the control panel gt personalization but as soon as the control panel popped up it shows nothing but a blank page with the words written in the middle quot the page has failed to load quot I can t do anything without the control panel I can t uninstall the theme or the programs ALL Windows File Explorer related to Control Panel fails to load I checked the internet and found out about this cmd command sfc scannow I decided to try it only to find out that my CMD is missing or not working Someone already replied to this post on my other banned acc said to hold shift while restarting and enter troubleshooting options and use System Restore I really did remember that the first program did install a system restore thing and I m pretty sure I click yes I even have a CCleaner app and I can see the system restores and I have one but I cannot do anything with it But it said I have no quot system restore quot and it asked a code i think it s a digit integer you can skip it but when i skipped it says quot error quot need online to do this I know that there is a Windows system re-install but it removes all your files and I have lot s of important files very important files at least GB and I don t have a external hard drive to temporarily put the files So Please Help me I really need your help TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU Z GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC T TA Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:Windows 8 Control Panel Fails to Load and CMD Missing

my first account was banned forever but-- Nevermind.Click to expand...

Normally this action would get any other account banned, but I happen to know that an Administrator checked this out and it's OK to continue with this account. The first banning was a mistake on my part.

Members should feel free to give any help they can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-control-panel-fails-to-load-and-cmd-missing.1136385/
Relevancy 66.65%

Every morning Windows fails to load on the first start-up attempt of the day Please note that after I am able to get it to load I can turn off turn on or restart with no issues the rest of the day It is literally only on the first start-up of each day As soon as it starts to load windows it will reboot and go on load a to once fails Windows day (BSODs) attempt startup first straight to windows recovery with an option to load windows normally or check for problems Each time quot Start Windows Normally quot is selected it will either reboot as soon as windows stats to load BSOD or once in a while it will load windows where it will BSOD the second anything is clicked As soon as it BSOD the next start-up I can load windows normally and everything will be fine rest of Windows fails to load (BSODs) once a day on first startup attempt the day If Windows fails to load (BSODs) once a day on first startup attempt I have it check for a problem it will show it is checking and then ask if I want to restore to an earlier time As this is a fresh install I will select quot no quot and it will begin to attempt a repair If I let it run the full course it will always return a message stating nothing could be repaired After which I can start windows normally with no problems I have also learned that in the mornings I can choose to repair and immediately restart computer once it begins to check for problems and it will load windows normally Other than that there are basically no issues I can turn off and on rest the day without an issue There is one other thing I have noticed if I leave it idle for a very long time most the day every now and then I will return and it will be sitting on a BSOD or show a message that it has recovered from a BSOD If a message shows search for a solution a solution is never found This condition persists every day Since it began doing this it has never started properly in the morning and never had an issue after the morning startup Couple of quick thoughts When the computer was new it did not do this it has worked normally in the past Started about weeks after being built Following a fresh format of the disk and reinstall of windows the issue does not change sfc scannow has never found an issue memtest has ran all night without finding an issue Windows memtester has not found issue I have tried starting the computer with most components quot unplugged quot and the issue persists Is Windows - x -bit or x bit - the original installed OS on the system Is a builder installed from original Windows disk - an OEM or full retail version OEM version installed from disk on built computer - What is the age of system hardware weeks - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS reinstalled multiple times last time was days ago and was following full format of entire disk m ssd AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor Mhz Processor s GA- XA-UD Motherboard Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB windows installed on M -CT M SSD Disk Please find attached reports Thank you for your help

A:Windows fails to load (BSODs) once a day on first startup attempt

Both of these were related to pool_corruption. Since memtest has passed I would suspect a driver. To work out which please run driver verifier. My gut feeling is it is your Avast but no definitive info yet.

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223067-windows-fails-load-bsods-once-day-first-startup-attempt.html
Relevancy 66.65%

hi, im new to this so please can some one help me.
I have recently got a new computer
amd 6000+ processor + heat sink + fan with 4gb ram and 200gb hd with 512 nvidia
9800gt graphic card. All was working fine until about 2 weeks later when sudenly it just switches off. normally it would load back up but somtimes it will display startup failed insert startup disc. but now its switched off and will not load at all (same error message on startup) i was thinking about getting a new hd (200gb one is 5+ years old) and re installing windows on the new one therefor saving all the files and games on my old hd and still being able to run games off of it b ut havin a new os installed on a new hd?? will this work??? any ideas welcome! please help as i need this for both work and call of duty 4 purposes thank you in advance.

A:Windows fails to load (insert startup disc?)

Caps on the title = no good. Please read our forum rules while you wait for our community to assist you

http://www.techspot.com/vb-faq.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-fails-to-load-insert-startup-disc.112922/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to setup and run the current version of iTunes as of March th on a HP Pavilion dv iTunes to fails load Windows [SOLVED] Vista laptop running Windows Vista bit Each time I try to run it I am met with the Software License Agreement screen and to either Agree or Decline I click on Agree and I immediately get a window pop up saying quot iTunes has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available quot This is window has a button [SOLVED] iTunes fails to load Windows Vista to close the window which opens the Windows Problem Reports and Solutions screen which only suggests to download iTunes from Apple's website and try [SOLVED] iTunes fails to load Windows Vista again i e not [SOLVED] iTunes fails to load Windows Vista very helpful I tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes to no avail I did check the event viewer and saw the following for when I tried to open iTunes quot Faulting application iTunes exe version time stamp x f cf faulting module QuickTime qts version time stamp x ed bfbd exception code xc fault offset x c process id x application start time x cd af c e quot I also tried following Apple's instructions here Using Msconfig to troubleshoot conflicts in Windows Vista and Windows to try fixing this but this also produced similar results I'd prefer not to reinstall Windows but I'm kind of at a loss at what to do at this point

A:[SOLVED] iTunes fails to load Windows Vista

It seems I have figured out what was causing the issue.

After my last reboot I noticed that the Windows Theme was reverted to basic due to a problem with a program. I looked at what the window said was causing the problem.

Seems qttask.exe was corrupt. So I uninstalled and reinstalled QuickTime and now everything seems to work just fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-itunes-fails-to-load-windows-vista-637516.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have done a boot but linux problem installation to no windows fresh of with boot fails full installation from an original disk while keeping one partition of old data I have tried both a and a editions from an earlier computer I had Both went OK but when the computer reboot after the first phase of the configuration they fresh installation of windows fails to boot but linux boot with no problem both failed to boot after the POST phase I have tried to install Ubuntu and it booted successfully and also showed me the option of starting the windows installation which again failed to boot I have DELL laptop Inspiron and using its diagnostic tools it showed that all components are OK I am interested to know if it is possible that the problem is due to bad cd drive as it is making some noises bad memory as I had installed by mistake wrong memory and fixed this once I understoof it is causing some problems bad harddisk although I had no indication so far there is some problem with it I wanted to ask then why linux installed with no problem and to finish this query I have noticed it is possible to install from a USB stick to bypass problem but I dont have windows osx and ubuntu only is there a way to create a bootable windows installation USB stick using a mac or linux Thanks and best regards Tomer

A:fresh installation of windows fails to boot but linux boot with no problem

Your confusing to say the least.
The correct way to dual boot Window/Linux is to Install Windows 1st(Always) using all the drive. Then install Linux. All Linux versions will install a Boot manager so as you can then select whichever OS you desire. There are other ways but for someone like you that is the easiest.
Linux will install to a drive that Windows won't, Windows is very particular as to the disk surface, any little fault and it will refuse to install.
May I suggest you look at Puppy Linux 4.1. very, very fast and great for Wireless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fresh-installation-of-windows-fails-to-boot-but-linux-boot-with-no-problem-320711.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Well for some reason, this morning it all started.

Okay, so I load up the screen, and it says

"Windows Error Recovery"
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

And it has options for...
Launch Startup Repair
Start Windows

I tried the Launch Startup Repair, but it gets stuck at the screen, and nothing pops up. Theres just a mouse.

And if I hit Start Windows, it all goes well, but then after it starts windows, before I get to the login screen, it quickly flashes to a blue screen with text on it for a few milliseconds, and then just goes ALL the way back to the Windows Error Recovery.

Can I get some help here?
Thanks.

A:Compaq Presario CQ60 Laptop Fails to load Windows, and more

Quote: Originally Posted by Ipwnedx

Well for some reason, this morning it all started.

Okay, so I load up the screen, and it says

"Windows Error Recovery"

And it has options for...
Launch Startup Repair
Start Windows

I tried the Launch Startup Repair, but it gets stuck at the screen, and nothing pops up. Theres just a mouse.

And if I hit Start Windows, it all goes well, but then after it starts windows, before I get to the login screen, it quickly flashes to a blue screen with text on it for a few milliseconds, and then just goes ALL the way back to the Windows Error Recovery.

Can I get some help here?
Thanks.

I had the same problem as well... I was able to boot up in strictly safemode no networking and back up all my documents and then re-install windows. My restore points were not active so I couldn't go that path of attack to fix the problem. after the re install was finished and 1 round of update were done I continued to do the second round of updates from then it BSODed... luckily system restored worked this time and I am guessing one of the updates are affecting the compaq presario CQ60 models... this is very upsetting. I am also now setting up a Ubuntu partition and thinking I will use that primarily from now on... I hope my story can help you out or give someone an idea to help you out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242891-compaq-presario-cq60-laptop-fails-load-windows-more.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello A Dell laptop hand-me-down fails to boot Windows XP was upgraded to Windows Ultimate bit OS disc s are not available I tried using a Windows Upgrade bit DVD boot disc to attempt a system repair Now the winload exe seems to lack a digital signature Is there a way to make this laptop boot again ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I first for signature cannot file Load, the verify Fails digital Windows to started with Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause Windows Fails to Load, cannot verify the digital signature for file To fix the problem Repair your computer Status xc e Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I ran this article Use the Bootrec exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows bcdedit export C BCD Backup c cd boot attrib bcd -s -h -r ren c boot bcd bcd old bootrec RebuildBcd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Now I have File Windows system winload exe Status xc Info Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Thank you for any help

A:Windows Fails to Load, cannot verify the digital signature for file

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282492-windows-fails-load-cannot-verify-digital-signature-file.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello SevenForums, long time lurker here.
I've had a issue with my windows 7 explorer's toolbar not displaying icons of all applications (.exe files).
I've tried to depict the issue in the images (a,b) below

(a)

(b)
The only instance wherein I see icons are when I click a file associated with the software,
For example, a .mp4 video associated with VLC media player shows the VLC icon in the toolbar properly

I've googled to fix this for a few months now, but I haven't managed to yet.
So now I turn to your expertise, please help

A:Windows Explorer's Toolbar Fails to load application Icons

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
FWIW I get the same thing for .exe files I don't believe it's a real issue because .exe files execute and do their own thing meaning if the developer didn't make an icon for the operation it might show that icon instead of the actual icon it shows other places like in your image cpuz,
Rufus does this too for it's .exe that I just noticed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366274-windows-explorers-toolbar-fails-load-application-icons.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 7 Ultimate. I did a fresh install on a brand new WD 500gb IDE hard drive. I tested the system and everything was running great. I went to plug in my other hard drives. I did the install with only the new drive attached. When I plug in the two additional IDE hard drives, windows recognized them right away and everything ran as it should. However, when I plug in either sata drive drive (one at a time or both). I get a blue screen or death and windows fails to load. I have the chipset drivers for my mother board installed (Gigabyte GA-KU8-939). My BIOS sees the drives. What could be causing them to prevent windows from loading?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Guys I have have this horror issue with my PC I have even changed the hardware configuration and GUI high after 7, load Windows to fails correctly, desktop display the problem still persists My PC fails to display the desktop correctly after using highly RAM intensive applications especially Chrome but even after getting the chance to close Windows 7, desktop GUI fails to display correctly, after high load it or waiting for it to crash by itself the PC is still not able to display correctly the GUI even on other browser applications as shown in the screenshots st Hardware Config Intel Core Quad Q x GB DDR MSI P motherboard Ati Radeon x video card Software used that seemed important for me to mention NOD v Comodo Firewall Chrome Screenshot Captor SpeedFan Other mentions Aero is disabled because I've considered that it's one of the causes So I've considered that it's a RAM issue or a videocard issue and I've upgraded to Intel Core i k x GB DDR Asus P Z V-LX motherboard Intel GPU integrated in the k CPU The problem just happened times on this rig also and the RAM was not even coming close to it's maximum capacity of GB It was at GB's Also this is another videocard Intel's integrated GPU so we can exclude the videocard from the suspects My suspects some desktop manager bugs or other similar issue video memory allocation - I'm still suspecting that it can be caused by the amount of RAM dedicated to the videocard currently I think that it is at MB some poorly designed components of Chrome Screenshot Captor - still very questionable since there are enough resources on this system so there should be no fight over resources And when the system is barely used there are no issues Adobe Shockwave Flash - maybe this one I have attached a set of screenshots here these were taken on the st configuration of my PC using Q http imgur com a Mc hI Notice how it distorts the image by duplicating it and showing it in a smaller space or how does it displays those black rectangles In those moments the PC is fully functional the apps are running the background without being slowish or something but you can hardly control it like that For example I've tried to remove the mouse from the USB and then I've insterted it back the image was not displayed correctly but the mouse was recognised instantly and the pointer was controlable Same thing still happens on the new configuration Please advise me OS is Windows x SP Professional and it's Geniune There is no cracked software on this PC No games I've tried to maintain it as clean as possible

A:Windows 7, desktop GUI fails to display correctly, after high load

Not a single ideea in 4 months?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275728-windows-7-desktop-gui-fails-display-correctly-after-high-load.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Guys I work on a Service Desk at load settings XP fails profile Solved: Windows to user the NHS We Solved: Windows XP profile fails to load user settings seem to be having a problem and no-one knows why it is happening and i m determined to get to the bottom of it When ever these particular users logon to the domain XP won t load their profile settings email settings desktop icons etc It does seem to load some of the profile as it doesn t display the quot corrupt profile quot or quot unable to load profile quot error message but it won t load any documents or applications settings so the user gets an empty My Documents folder and an empty desktop I have tried recreating the profile and copying over the settings which does seem to resolve the issue for a while but eventually the problem occurs again So far there are only users having this problem But there seems to be no fix We ve even tried reinstalling Windows on the PC but eventually the profile begins to fail I d love to be the guy to show everyone how to resolve this proble Does anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: Windows XP profile fails to load user settings

Run eventvwr.msc and look at both the System and Application logs for repeating errors.

Have a look for the errors referenced in this article and if you see any, install the User Profile Hive Cleanup service.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en
MIght be worth installing even if you are not seeing those specific errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-profile-fails-to-load-user-settings.886528/
Relevancy 65.36%

Note This message is cross-posted from PlanetAMD Well Windows is really really trying my patience with its s -for-brains filesystem permissions access control method Let me explain what I mean I have a GB hard disk NTFS-formatted that I use to transfer really big stuff back-and-forth between systems here I'm talking about directory structures that contain dozens of GB or even in one case over GB in a single directory tree Now if you have ever tried to copy over the network or use the 'Files and Settings Transfer Wizard' to move directory trees of this size you know that it takes a really really long time to do So I simply use this GB hard disk to 'painlessly' move large amounts of stuff around between my computers here Most recently I used this disk to move all of my 'personal' stuff from my Windows XP SP computer to my Windows Ultimate computer This data is under 'C Documents and Settings Art Johnson My Documents ' because it is coming from a Windows XP SP system Except the s -for-brains Windows filesystem permissions access control method denied me 7 Use in access to Linux 'inaccessible' Windows data access to this data even when I am the Use Linux to access 'inaccessible' data in Windows 7 Administrator of the Use Linux to access 'inaccessible' data in Windows 7 computer I ran 'Windows Explorer' as 'Run as administrator' without success I also ran from the command-line prompt as Administrator and I was still denied access to this data The stupidity of whoever at Microsoft wrote the code for this new filesystem permissions access control method is truly astounding Now of course you in the general sense do not want anyone other than the 'owner' of the data poking around in the privately-owned data area in this case 'C Documents and Settings Art Johnson My Documents ' from my Windows XP SP computer's hard disk But for the OS to deny even the Administrator of the computer access to this data area is truly criminally stupid Bill Gates or whoever is in charge there at Microsoft should find each and every person responsible for this piece-of-s new filesystem permissions access control method and fire their sorry a es immediately Anyone who does something this astoundingly stupid is obviously far beyond any 'retraining' that may be available Fortunately I do have a properly-working OS Ubuntu Linux desktop as dual-boot in my computer so I simply booted up into Linux and was immediately able to copy the data that I needed without any fuss or bother So until this extremely serious defect is corrected in Windows I would strongly recommend that you in the general sense have the ability to run Linux as I did if you want proper free and unrestricted access to your data wherever it may reside in your Windows system Best regards Art Johnson PS Maybe just maybe in Windows Microsoft will finally come to their senses and adopt one of the properly-working well-understood and except for Microsoft universally accepted filesystem permissions access control methods like the UNIX Linux one that have worked properly for decades If you Microsoft do this not only will you have something that works properly you will also quite likely save Millions if not Tens of Millions of dollars in development and support costs IT people the world over will finally breathe a sigh of relief if and when you announce that you have finally come to your senses and are prepared to put a properly-working and well-understood filesystem permissions access control method into Windows A relatively simple 'translation' module can be written to translate 'legacy' access attempts instead of using the very stupid quot Junction Points quot so that 'old' programs will still work in Windows This is all relatively simple stuff to do although implementing it as I well understand will be a very big job But once it is done you will never ever have to spend another dime 're-inventing the wheel' as you have done every few years for the last almost decades

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/use-linux-to-access-inaccessible-data-in-windows-7-a-445397.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Here's my problem (although knowing my internet it will be more than likely fixed tomorrow ) I can access the internet under Fedora Core 6 but not Windows XP home...

I'm on a dual-boot system so you know........

What I mean by access is under Windows, for the past 3 hours no website has loaded, but when I boot into FC6 every and any website has loaded.

A:Solved: Can access internet under Linux, but not Windows...

Version and service pack level of Windows?

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-access-internet-under-linux-but-not-windows.650397/
Relevancy 65.36%

Just wondering if this is possibe.

Henry

A:Access Fedora linux files from windows 8 / 8.1

Found this: How to Access Linux Partitions (ext2, ext3, ext4) From Windows in Dual-Boot System?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35248-access-fedora-linux-files-windows-8-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

A few weeks ago internet explorer started to act funny sometime when I opened a new browser window it would freeze in the new window but allowed me to continue using the previously opened load windows to Have several reboot explorer fails Slow/freezing browser, often. to times. windows I had to open several new windows until suddenly one of them worked Then the whole browser started freezing at random times specially when clickin on links or opening new windows or tabs I was not able to close it and reopen I had to kill the processes using task manager and even then many times it would freeze on the first window I tried several antivirus Trendmicro AVG FProt Eset Panda some would report some infected files others none After disinfecting with Panda the browser seemingly started working fine again but Slow/freezing browser, fails to load windows explorer often. Have to reboot several times. it only lasted for less than a week After that the problems became more annoying every day The last straw was that sometimes when turning on the PC it would freeze right before loading the windows explorer so I could only see the background of my screen Usually I rebooted and it will work but today I had to reboot about times before it worked again Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Gabriel DDS txt log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Admin at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Panda Global Protection On-access scanning enabled Updated BF E - F- -B A - FF FW Panda Personal Firewall enabled B DC - - BAF- -FD A C FB Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection TPSrv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC PROGRAM FILES PANDA SECURITY PANDA GLOBAL PROTECTION WebProxy exesvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection PsCtrls exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection PavFnSvr exeC Program Files Common Files Panda Security PavShld pavprsrv exec program files panda security panda global protection firewall PSHOST EXEC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection PsImSvc exec Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection PskSvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Synergy synergys exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection pavsrvx exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection AVENGINE EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exeC Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection APVXDWIN EXEC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXEC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc Drgtodsc exeC Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mstart exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagIt exeC Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mcomm exeC Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mlauncher exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt TSCHelp exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagPriv exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection SRVLOAD EXEC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection PavBckPT exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files Sky... Read more

A:Slow/freezing browser, fails to load windows explorer often. Have to reboot several times.

Hi and welcome to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum,I am thcbytes and I am here to help you!I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if your topic is not replied I we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.==========I see you have uTorrent installed!Using any peer-to-peer (P2P) or file sharing program (i.e. Limewire, eMule, Kontiki, BitTorrent, uTorrent, BearShare, Azureus/Vuze) is a security risk which can make your system susceptible to a sm?rg?sbord of malware infections, remote attacks, and exposure of personal information.The reason for this is that file sharing relies on its members giving and gaining unfettered access to computers across the P2P network. This practice can make you vulnerable to data and identity theft, system infection and remote access exploit by attackers who can take control of your computer without your knowledge. Even if you change the risky default settings to a safer configuration, downloading files from an anonymous source increases your exposure to infection because the files you are downloading may actually contain a disguised threat. Many malicious worms and Trojans, such as the Storm Worm, target and spread across P2P files sharing networks because of their known vulnerabilities. In some instances the infection may cause so much damage to your system that recovery is not possible and a Repair Install will NOT help!. In those cases, the only option is to wipe your drive, reformat and reinstall the OS. Even the safest P2P file sharing programs that do not contain bundled spyware, still expose you to risks because of the very nature of the P2P file sharing process. By default, most P2P file sharing programs are configured to automatically launch at startup. They are also configured to allow other P2P users on the same network open access to a shared directory on your computer. The best way to eliminate these risks is to avoid using P2P applications.P2P Software User AdvisoriesRisks of File-Sharing TechnologyP2P file sharing: Anticipate the risks....Using such programs is very likely how your computer got infected!!==========Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2Save it to your Desktop <-- Important!!!Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. Please refer to this link for instructions.Double click it & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Co... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/353214/slowfreezing-browser-fails-to-load-windows-explorer-often-have-to-reboot-several-times/
Relevancy 64.07%

I had Fadora Core (I think it was that one) installed on my computer alongside Windows XP, but I recently reinstalled XP and now I can't access Linux because my multi boot menu is gone. How can I fix this? I know that Linux is still installed because Partition Magic shows me all the partitions. Please Help

-Daniel

A:System was set up for dual boot but I reistalled Windows and can't access linux now

When you install Windows, it overwrites your master boot record, whether you want it to or not. Unfortunately, this is where the boot menu is located in which you select which operating system you would like to boot.

In order to get it back, boot up with you Fedora CD in the drive. I'm not too familiar with the Fedora install process, but if it's like most other distributions I've used, you should be able to skip past most of the install process to the point where it installs the boot loader (I believe the default for Fedora is Grub, although it is possible that you chose to use LILO when you initially installed it.. If you used to get a full screen, probably graphical, menu then it is definately grub).

Alternatively, if you can break out to a command line from the install CD (either by selecting a rescue mode at boot or by pressing CTRL-ALT F1 (or F2, F3, etc) once the installer is loaded, you can manually install grub by doing the following:

Type 'grub' at the command prompt.

At the 'grub>' prompt type 'root (hd0,0)' ***
At the next 'grub>' prompt type 'setup (hd0)'
Finally, type 'quit', and reboot, make sure you take the CD out of the drive.

*** hd0,0 assumes that you are installing onto the master drive on the primary IDE controller.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Ken

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-was-set-up-for-dual-boot-but-i-reistalled-windows-and-cant-access-linux-now.401224/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am currently having an issue with there's access to Windows usb understands a fails it! BUT my ACS GB usb stick where windows fails to access it but knows it is there I believe it is down to a fault of my own as it was working before hand however after i wrote Windows understands there's a usb BUT fails to access it! chrome os onto it and deiced i no longer needed it i reformatted it so that i would be back to its orginial setting I then found that after formating it the size was reduced to mb as opposed to gb so i went online and followed a tutorial which went through a program on windows called Disk Part During this i typed in the command clean which effectivly wiped everything of it Now i can not access it but windows realises its there Everytime i click on it i receive a message saying please insert ect ect EDIT when ever i put it into the mini i get the message that it needs to be formated When i do format it it is unsuccesful and is followed by a message saying Windows can t format E Check to see that the disk and drive are connected properly make sure the disk is not read only and then try again I know that it is the USB stick as it does not work in other laptops what do i need to do COMPUTER SPECS HP MINI - intel R Atom CM CPU N GHz GB RAM Bit operating system nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-understands-theres-a-usb-but-fails-to-access-it.979377/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello and thanks for reading Let me begin by saying I've been trying to figure this problem out for hours and hours now repair fails, Windows upgrade missing, fails Programs and Windows and every solution I find that looks promising just leads me in circles I'm trying my best to avoid a clean install The problem started while playing a game causing a BSOD After a restart I noticed some of my programs just didn't boot up for example Core Temp I attempted to manually start Core Temp and received Programs missing, Windows repair fails, and Windows upgrade fails the Programs missing, Windows repair fails, and Windows upgrade fails following error quot The system could not find the environment option that was entered quot That problem lead me here The system could not find the environment option that was entered - Microsoft Answers Which obviously did nothing for me I tried to create a new user but when I click the link in the control panel to do so nothing happens I then tried to repair my windows installation using my disc and it said it could not find any problems After searching some more I found another solution would be to perform an upgrade to my Windows installation to fix the problems I put the disc in nothing happened so I went to the setup exe directly and got the same error as above So I then booted in safe mode and it loaded I got excited until it said something like quot an error prevented a compliance check from completing quot And just to be very clear my windows is valid I'd be more than happy to share an image of my newegg receipt or even my box to get that out of the way as I've seen a lot of flaming towards people who have issues regarding validity Well that brought me to a thread on this website where someone said to open an elevated command prompt and run sfc scannow I tried doing that and got this error quot This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Please install a program or if one is already installed create an association in the default programs control panel quot I've tried some other stuff but I think you guys get the idea Any help would be awesome I figured I would try as much as possible the next few days to avoid a clean install I imagine that I have corrupt files and that performing the windows upgrade would reinstall them and do the trick I'm working really hard to figure out how to make that happen I was also wondering if there is a way I can plug in a spare drive install windows on that then try quot upgrading quot repairing the windows on my main drive Anyways thanks for reading

A:Programs missing, Windows repair fails, and Windows upgrade fails

Work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

I would also restore my default program association to solve the SFC problem, which I believe should be associated with .exe file: Default File Type Associations - Restore - Windows 7 Forums. If not the tutorial's author will know for sure.

If not a Repair Install should be able to sort this after getting clean of any infection.

I would also not dread a Clean Reinstall which almost always is better than getting a new PC given the load of crapware and useless utilities larded onto new consumer PC's. We specialize in this here so can help you get a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which steps are the same for retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253466-programs-missing-windows-repair-fails-windows-upgrade-fails.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Goal Dual boot Windows and Linux and have an NTFS partition for both OS Boot Windows problem tools Linux: with 7 disk Linux Dual Partitioning Problem When creating Logical Partitions with any Linux partition tool Dual Boot Windows 7 Linux: Partitioning with Linux disk tools problem Gparted cfdisk the Linux swap and ext partitions shows Dual Boot Windows 7 Linux: Partitioning with Linux disk tools problem up on Windows as primary partitions outside of the Extended partition while the NTFS partition Dual Boot Windows 7 Linux: Partitioning with Linux disk tools problem shows up inside the Extended partition as logical drive Disk management shows primary partitions and logical drive inside an extended partition As seen in Disk jpg attachment I'm using MBR not UEFI I can create the partitions in Windows disk management and choose not to format the two logical partitions used for Linux I can then use the mkswap and mkfs ext command to format the partitions See Disk jpg attachment Questions Why is Windows disk management not showing my partitions correctly when I use a Linux tool to partition the disk Will this cause any problems with Windows I'm afraid of making Windows unbootable although it booted just fine I do plan on using EasyBCD to add an entry to load the grub bootloader for Linux If I partition my disk with Windows disk management as seen in Disk jpg will that cause any problems for Linux What is the recommended way to handle this What are the downsides to each way Note I'm a bit of a linux noob

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/383556-dual-boot-windows-7-linux-partitioning-linux-disk-tools-problem.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there I usually run a external to Linux Linux attach VM USB HOST, Windows LINUX HOST for testing Windows VM's - but I need to test some new releases of various Linux distros so I've created some VM's --easy enough and running them on a Windows Host However I can't attach a Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM USB drive with a Linux file system XFS to the VM as the Windows HOST rejects the HDD wanting me to format it There's TB of media files on it - I want to test running media server in a VM Anybody know how to bypass the Windows nag prompt about the HDD and be able to attach it direct to the VM The other way round is no problem -- never a problem loading NTFS HDD's on to Linux machines -- however the NTFS file system is SLOW compared with XFS -- on USB device on Native windows transfer rate of TB of files from fast NTFS HDD to NTFS USB device is max Mib s - average for whole transfer On same machine with Native Linux and XFS to XFS using same HDD's and USB port avg speed is mib s -- HUGE difference Note I have to have a Windows Host for this --I know I could run Linux VM's from a Linux Host but in this case I do have to use a Windows Host as that will be the destination system at the end of testing BTW I'm running VMWARE workstation on W Pro Host Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/57315-windows-host-attach-linux-external-usb-linux-vm.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Here is the Update:upset: to Fails Office to Load; Fails Re-directs; Microsoft Browser Anti-Virus list of the problems in order of which I noticed things going awry My Firefox browser will re-direct my google searches to a new Firefox window pop-up with quot google-analytics quot in its address bar but would never finish loading the new popped-up Browser Re-directs; Microsoft Office Fails to Load; Anti-Virus Fails to Update:upset: window Firefox would also re-direct and never finish loading my google searches by opening a new tab with a quot directdlr com quot in its address bar Microsoft Office applications don't open instead a quot DW exe quot and a quot DWWin exe quot replicates itself an infinite number of times in my processes maxing out my CPU My anti-virus applications Spyware Doctor Microsoft Security Essentials avast malwarebytes won't update and therefore won't run or scan Firefox also won't load various anti-virus sites such as this message board Other applications crash directly upon opening them VLC Media Player Solutions that I've tried Resetting my router I'd read somewhere online that doing this would solve the problem It did not Trying to restore from a restore point I opened System Restore but the restore points were all very recent and within the timeframe of infection Un-installing Microsoft Office and re-installing System won't let me un-install Here are my scan reports DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by dildon at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Windows TEMP Nbk exe C Users dildon AppData Roaming fd exe C Windows TEMP Nbl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users dildon Desktop dds com C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page uStart Page about blank uSearch Bar BHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll BHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jr... Read more

A:Browser Re-directs; Microsoft Office Fails to Load; Anti-Virus Fails to Update:upset:

Hi

Please do the following:

Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/browser-re-directs-microsoft-office-fails-to-load-anti-virus-fails-to-update-upset-487720.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Not long ago a week and a half or so I was playing Payday and my computer froze I turned off my computer to restart it and could not load load crashes times fails 9/10 to PC to and random fails update, my computer past a pre-loading windows black screen where the mouse was not showing I then tried booting my computer in various ways safe with and without PC fails to load 9/10 times and fails to update, random crashes networking etc and they worked however I believe one of my drivers failing to load was the reason for my Windows Normal startup to fail I eventually decided through I then looked at using the system restore point function in order to hope for some success The system restore function when I restored to a week ago two weeks ago did not seem too alleviate my issue much it did however allow me to load windows but almost immediately after using the machine for - minutes I would have a frozen screen again I then eventually decided to just factory reset the machine out of desperation the factory reset eventually happened successfully and I was able to load windows and login into my new user successfully as I learnt that I had to reinstall my graphical drivers I then attempted to put in various CD's in in order to install these drivers eventually when I figured out the order of CD's that I needed PC fails to load 9/10 times and fails to update, random crashes to install for my PC fails to load 9/10 times and fails to update, random crashes games to load properly I then resumed my activities on my pc such as gaming browsing etc Flash forward to the second factory reset this one happened due to a very similar freezing problem yet again and again I decided to turn off my computer in hope to simply reboot my machine however this time the computer seemingly failed to monitor and my monitors light would blink red-off-red-off every few seconds with no obvious on the screen every now and then my computer would successfully load and it would then crash in - minutes approx when I would be using my machine I again having exhausted my options attempting to update drivers and booting in various ways and hoping for a miracle decided to factory reset again My second factory reset was alot easier because I knew how to install the drivers whereas compared to the many failed attempts of the first factory reset all had been well up to the point that the same crashing problem as the reason for the second factory reset came up again desiring to play games with my friend that afternoon I tediously factory reset to the same method that I had been doing and installed my various games that I'd be playing and whatnot Fast forward to the issue at hand this time whenever I turn on my computer i continually face the problem of my machine randomly deciding to load its programs up on the monitor when It decides not to load my machines lights and fans seem to physically load my visual judgement and the screen remains black despite seeing the HDMI tag load on the upper left of the screen and the power buttons red light blinking again This is my first issue my computer has become very unreliable and sometimes takes up-wards to minutes to minutes to successfully start If I am rebooting the machine I have tried various methods of booting it up such as taking out the power leads for extended periods of time or somewhat rapid on off on's and an attempt or two at doing this with my machines restart button Sometimes the machine will load after any one of these options and even just a simple on button press the main issue with my ability to diagnose this issue is the somewhat random differences in the successes of my start ups As mentioned in my earlier paragraphs where I had a similar problem on one of the earlier boots this problem occurs on every boots sometimes boots It is very difficult to get the start up interface bios etc visually loading on the monitor My second issue is that I have some windows updates to complete due to having had to factory reset my ... Read more

A:PC fails to load 9/10 times and fails to update, random crashes

Have you tried Safe Mode?
EDIT: Reading failure. Try the below suggestion.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565979/pc-fails-to-load-910-times-and-fails-to-update-random-crashes/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a weird problem since days I have a no access. there to linux but access 7 in internet in windows in internet Can pc with dual boot windows and ubuntu I have a LAN connection with static ip and no wifi router is installed in my PC Now everything was going Can access to internet in linux but in windows 7 there in no internet access. fine but days ago I tried to install a usb wifi adapter to use my pc as a wifi hotspot It didn t work But thats fine After that I can access to internet for - sec and then it shows there is no internet access And suddenly it comes after - Can access to internet in linux but in windows 7 there in no internet access. mins and again remaining for - sec it drops again I have reinstalled windows two times and installed windows for finding some hope but it didn t work In ubuntu it is working fine for hours without any problem So I think it is not hardware or Can access to internet in linux but in windows 7 there in no internet access. network problem I searched many online forums and tried to solve the problem but nothing helped I also downloaded the latest version of my LAN driver and installed that Intel Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver for Windows So friends can you please suggest me what is going wrong with my pc I am totally clueless at this case My Mother board is intel DH WW and my processor is intel core i No graphics card is installed Hope for your help and would really appreciate it if anyone had any helpful advice for my problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-access-to-internet-in-linux-but-in-windows-7-there-in-no-internet-access.218270/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have SUSE 9.3 Installed on a 19GB partition of a 40GB hard drive. I heard that it is possible to dual boot with Windows with Linux being the first installed OS, but it's complicated. Can anyone tell me if I can pull this off without having to make Windows the first installed OS? Here is how I have my partitions:
hda1=1GB [swap]
hda2=17.8 / [root]

A:Linux/Windows dualboot machine with Linux first?

The easiest way: Make hda1 bigger and install Windows there.

You will have to restore GRUB later using the SuSE CD and also create the GRUB menu entry for WIndows..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linux-windows-dualboot-machine-with-linux-first.34633/
Relevancy 56.76%

So you try to run the 'rate my computer' and it fails showing this error message You are then advised to run a command prompt old dos screen as administrator and key in and run winsat formal This fails and gives the following error messages error failed to load XML An Experience formal fails/winsat Index fails character invalid Windows invalid character was found in text content winsat main cpp unable to process xml file winsat main cpp Error cannot process assessment results cannot load xml data from string an invalid character was found in text content from interface msxm dll Ixmldomdocument You start searching for these invalid characters after reading the Windows Experience Index fails/winsat formal fails invalid character various help threads out there such Windows Experience Index fails/winsat formal fails invalid character as this one Windows Expierience Windows Experience Index fails/winsat formal fails invalid character Index could not be computed You learn that not only does your computer have a bios but also something called a smbios you may find it in registry thus Note the odd square OO's after version You might confirm this using HWiNFO HWiNFO amp HWiNFO - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools utility as seen here Editing the registry value will not work Updating the bios probably won't work The answer to this most frustrating problem is as follows Get onto your computer supplier mine is Novatech here in the UK and I'll now paste his explanation here for you all The Problem When the manufacture flashes the SMBIOS it is basically adding simple and basic information to allow the main BIOS to function as well as hold data about the machine or component Sometimes though the flash does go wrong this is caused by the motherboard SMBIOS chip not taking the information correctly hence why you would get invalid keys The invalid keys come from the motherboard since it is trying to fill the information but cannot so the invalid character in your case squares appears in its place With the invalid keys it can cause the following problems The Windows Experience Index not to run Adobe software not to activate There are other problems it causes but I have only seen these two Sometimes re-flashing updating the BIOS will fix the issue but this doesn t always work So you ll need to re-flash the SMBIOS Flashing The SMBIOS The easiest way to flash the SMBIOS is to do it within Windows otherwise you ll need some specialist equipment To do it in Windows you ll need to get the manufactures SMBIOS flashing file which should be a couple of Megabytes in size This is due to the SMBIOS chip being very small You would need to run the SMBIOS flashing tool in the Command Prompt Window at Administrative level aka Right Clicking on Command Prompt and clicking Run As Administrator In there you ll need to run the exe file that the manufacture has sent you Sometimes they will ask to remote in and do it just to make sure it is done correctly When it is running in Command Prompt you HAVE to wait until the Successful line appears otherwise you will brick your SMBIOS and therefore can damage your main BIOS Once the line appears you ll need to restart the machine The computer may take a long time to shutdown due to it doing the changes but if it takes longer than five minutes hold down the power button to force it to shut down When you turn it back on it might not turn on correctly the first time so you might need to turn it off wait for ten seconds and turn it back on again Then the SMBIOS invalid key issue should be fixed If it is not fixed it would appear that you have a deeper issue most likely the chip is damaged My grateful thanks to Gary at www novatech co uk for sharing this with us all And just to confirm its fixed a couple more images for you firstly Hwinfo again and my report screen Hope this may help others Regards and thanks to all those who struggled with me on this

A:Windows Experience Index fails/winsat formal fails invalid character

Excellent, glad it's fixed mike. Novatech seems to be a good company if they did this for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/337352-windows-experience-index-fails-winsat-formal-fails-invalid-character.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello

I'm getting the following error/issues with my PC. Any immediate help would be greatly appreciated.
fyi ... I have attached the "minitools" output and mini "dmp". Thanks

1) All my windows - update fails (Config: xp Professional with Service Pack 3)

It says: A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed

2) System restore fails,
It says : System Restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer

3) Takes directly to ===> Windows/System32/DRVSTORE in blue while system reboot

A:All windows update fails system restore fails, DRVSTORE in blue while reboot

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473647/all-windows-update-fails-system-restore-fails-drvstore-in-blue-while-reboot/
Relevancy 56.33%

I took on a basket case for a friend Machine hadnt booted for months I got it running in normal mode after it churned for hours and found outdated Norton Internet security and AVG running Unable to uninstall them using uninstall so got in registry and deleted all mentions of AVG Norton and Symantec Managed to download and install Windows updates and SP for XP as well as IE Tried to install Microsoft security essentials but it won't install Ran Malware bytes which found about threats which I let it delete I then installed while online Avast and it seems to run Tried to install Word viewer got error message then ran Malwarebytes again one more threat found Now only boots in safe mode with networking so tried installingword viewer again same error install failed IE now won't start I think I must have accidentally deleted something I need while going through registry deleting Norton stuff I tried System File Checker but it wanted original install CD to proceed and I don't have it I have tried running Combofix in safe mode without letting it fix anything just for info but IE fails windows in installer only Boots fails, safe mode, Combofix Boots only in safe mode, windows installer fails, IE fails won't get past the opening autoscan screen I tried letting it run for two hours but no scanning takes place Any hope other than complete system restore and loss of owner's data

A:Boots only in safe mode, windows installer fails, IE fails

Sounds to me as if a clean install is a good idea...after moving valued data files to safety.

I would move files simply by connecting the drive as a slave to a different system...and moving the files considered valuable.

When friends bring me their infected systems, that's usually the quickest/surest method that I use to ensure that they have a working system that is free of malware.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488011/boots-only-in-safe-mode-windows-installer-fails-ie-fails/
Relevancy 56.33%

We have a few windows machines in the home group. I just started using lubuntu and want to have in the network so we can share the files. The windows machines show up , but not the lubuntu. How do I find it?

Relevancy 56.33%

I'm using a MBP mid 2012 15-inch non-retina running Windows 7 through BootCamp.
I decided to update my installation to the SP1 and hence installed a few Windows essential updates. After the update, I realized that my WiFi failed to connect to any hotspot, although all were present in the connection selection dialogue in the system tray. On clicking connect on any SSID, it takes around 30 seconds and then says "Connection unsuccessful , Limited connectivity to **** "
Also, neither connecting an ethernet cable nor USB tethering from my Android phone seem to work. Any help?
I've tried installing the latest BootCamp Support software, tried uninstalling and deleting existing ethernet and wireless adapter drivers

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, Running OS X 10.8.3 and BootCamp 5

EDIT: I have manually update both the ethernet and WLAN drivers, to no avail

A:Windows 7 SP1 WiFi Fails "Limited Access/Not Connected" after update

Please complete so our BSOD Team can have a look.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378743-windows-7-sp1-wifi-fails-limited-access-not-connected-after-update.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I need to read windows files on linux for Red Hat Linux 9.x.
Can some one tell me the way, how this can be done or some setting which enable to read files from windows on linux.

regards
ratan

A:windows files on linux for Red Hat Linux

If you need to read an NTFS mounted drive in that machine then you'll need to add kernel support for NTFS. Try looking http://www.linux-ntfs.org/ for that info. If you just want to hit shares then just mount them via smb.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-files-on-linux-for-red-hat-linux.54359/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello more knowledgeable person than myself I've been having trouble trying to get my computer to boot I'd noticed a drop in performance still unsure why so decided to boot up in safe mode and poke around - it was not my original intention to install Advanced SystemCare but somehow it happened I ran the 'deep-care' fix to fails repair fails boot, to Windows startup utility and everything was working fine my computer rebooted and performed a disk Windows fails to boot, startup repair fails to fix check there weren't any errors that I can remember apart from something along the lines of reparse files Following this my computer restarted and Windows failed to load restarting to show my startup repair - this isn't the first time this has happened a similar thing occurred following previous attempts at boosting speed though before I was able to get Windows up and running using an Ubuntu installation disk although I still don't understand why - no need to say that it didn't work this time Startup repair refuses to work and my system restore points have vanished I would try doing a repair install if I had a copy of the disk I built the computer myself a few months back borrowing a Windows installation disk from a friend who has now lost said disk startup repair does tell me something about 'Problem Signatures' which are included below ---------------------------------- Problem Signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature CorruptAcl OS Version Locale ID ---------------------------------- Windows Memory Diagnostic returns nothing and the 'sfc scannow' doesn't work Any help would be greatly appreciated I need to be able to complete my Geography coursework ASAP I have a bit OEM currently running and have the majority of my files backed up on an 'Easy Transfer' file on an external HDD with my Geography coursework saved on a USB stick - if it came to it I would be open to the idea of a clean install despite losing some of my lovely RAM Alternatives are preferred though Thanks in advance Josh

A:Windows fails to boot, startup repair fails to fix

Quote: Originally Posted by nomtree

Hello more knowledgeable person than myself. I've been having trouble trying to get my computer to boot; I'd noticed a drop in performance (still unsure why) so decided to boot up in safe mode and poke around - it was not my original intention to install Advanced SystemCare 5.3.0 but somehow it happened. I ran the 'deep-care' utility and everything was working fine, my computer rebooted and performed a disk check: there weren't any errors that I can remember apart from [something along the lines of] 60 reparse files. Following this my computer restarted and Windows failed to load, restarting to show my startup repair - this isn't the first time this has happened, a similar thing occurred following previous attempts at boosting speed, though before I was able to get Windows up and running using an Ubuntu installation disk, although I still don't understand why - no need to say that it didn't work this time.
Startup repair refuses to work and my system restore points have vanished; I would try doing a repair install if I had a copy of the disk. I built the computer myself a few months back, borrowing a Windows 7 installation disk from a friend (who has now lost said disk), startup repair does tell me something about 'Problem Signatures' which are included below:
----------------------------------
Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16.385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16.385
Problem Signature 03: Unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200229
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 3
Problem Signature 07: CorruptAcl
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
----------------------------------
Windows Memory Diagnostic returns nothing and the 'sfc /scannow' doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated; I need to be able to complete my Geography coursework ASAP. I have a 32 bit OEM (currently running 64) and have the majority of my files backed up on an 'Easy Transfer' file on an external HDD, with my Geography coursework saved on a USB stick - if it came to it I would be open to the idea of a clean install, despite losing some of my lovely RAM. Alternatives are preferred, though.
Thanks in advance!
Josh.

Those so called "cleaners" are almost always bad news for Windows 7. Windows 7 optimizes itself and if it gets slow, please post here for help instead of using one of those "cleaners." You can legally download Windows 7 64 bit from here (you will have to use the product key that you used to activate the 64 bit before): Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River ? My Digital Life

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/233224-windows-fails-boot-startup-repair-fails-fix.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I'm looking at a window Sony PC that has not been able to get an update for almost a year now Updates available - and they fail within seconds with an errorcode C Looking into this error I ran the SFC scannow and it failed unable to repair files I then looked that up and talked on chat to MS and was suggested to run DISM Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth which also failed with Error not fails and DISM - working fails Windows update SFC x f The source files could not be downloaded Use the source option to specify the location of the files that are required t o restore the feature For more information on specifying a source location see http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId So i looked that up and found this article http www thewindowsclub com repair-corrupt-windows-image-error- x f which I have also ran the CMD commands and the re-ran DISM again which resulted in the same error any suggestions please I have attached the SFC scannow log for just SR and the DISM log

A:Windows update not working - SFC fails and DISM fails

Edit:

Please run chkdsk /r, or chkdsk /f if you are using a SSD.

To run chkdsk /r in Windows 8/8.1 you will need to open the Elevated Command Prompt.  The easiest way to do this is to press the Windows key and the X key.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click on this.

You will see a window similar to the one below.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste chkdsk /f in the Command Prompt, if this is a SSD you do not want to run the /r switch, you will want to use chkdsk /f then press Enter.

You will receieve the message "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  <Y/N>".

Type in Y and press Enter.

This will take a while to run, please be patient and allow it to complete the scan.  Do not stop this scan as this can damage your operating system.

When the scan is finished please download and run ListChkdskResult.

This will open Notepad with the results of the chkdsk scan.  Please copy and then paste this log in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592416/windows-update-not-working-sfc-fails-and-dism-fails/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
I'm looking at a window 8.1 Sony PC , that has not been able to get an update for a year almost
140 Updates available - and they fail within 30seconds with an errorcode
800700C1

Looking into this Error I ran the SFC \scannow and it failed unable to repair files

I have attached the CBS (SR) log here

Any Advice welcom

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-update-fails-code-800700c1-sfc-fails-also-1050082.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I've tried scanning my friends computer with CCleaner and Spybot as To Don't Load Error/websites Load Application Fails well as anti-virus and nothing was solved The computer prompts quot Application Failed to Load quot errors upon log in Then a program called PhotoGallery tries to install automatically but fails repeatedly There is no internet Application Fails To Load Error/websites Don't Load connection either The wireless signal shows it is connected but it can not load any websites Application Fails To Load Error/websites Don't Load Here is the HiJackThis log please be aware that I probably will not be able to get to the computer until at least Friday at the latest So please list every step to follow Application Fails To Load Error/websites Don't Load in order so I can take proper and prompts action so I don't hold up anyones time Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NvMixerTray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeG iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMixerTray C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NvMixerTray exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run HP Software Upd... Read more

A:Application Fails To Load Error/websites Don't Load

::Edit::Replied to the following topic about issue.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic14717-30.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161545/application-fails-to-load-errorwebsites-dont-load/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've read dozens of pages and searched and could not find anything to help nbsp I have a p Xeon ECC nvme SSDs NVMe on P50 to boot Linux fails SSD EFI nbsp If I use the Intel RST raid P50 Linux EFI on NVMe SSD fails to boot linux fails to see any devices for installation nbsp - Doesn't really bother me because lvm striping is probably fast enough for me I just wanted to mention it nbsp If I install Qubes Fedora Ubuntu they fail to boot nbsp - I've tried with EFI only or both EFI first and both Legacy First nbsp - rEFInd works fine from the usb and allows me to boot the installed OS as expected nbsp - rEFInd does not work if I install it to the nvme EFI partition nbsp - Boot-Repair does not make the system bootable nbsp I am considering ordering a small SSD and the SATA cable and use it for the EFI only if it will work I'm having trouble decoding the part number I believe this is the right drive that the original disk comes in but the threads I found have been people searching for the other cable nbsp If anyone knows the correct part number to order for the SATA drive cable for the bay next to the nvme drives I have installed I would appreciate that - Is this the kit nbsp I need to install the SATA hard drive in the bay next to the NVMe drives - http shop lenovo com us en itemdetails XB L EF D A A A BF AAF C C overview

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Linux-EFI-on-NVMe-SSD-fails-to-boot/td-p/3428073
Relevancy 55.47%

So I bought the instail Netbook Linux. fails EVERYTHING!!!!! to Tried netbook off ebay it had XP on it and it worked fine apart from a error message at start up which you could press enter Netbook fails to instail Linux. Tried EVERYTHING!!!!! and Netbook fails to instail Linux. Tried EVERYTHING!!!!! it would start up fine I wanted to fix this by downloading the driver that was corrupt then when I restarted it came up with a new error message which I couldn t get past I took it into a computer shop as I didn t has a external disc drive They wiped the hard drive and tried to put XP back on with the disc that came Netbook fails to instail Linux. Tried EVERYTHING!!!!! with the netbook They found out the disc wasn t a resore and the XP didn t have a keycode probably downloaded off pirate bay the netbook came originaly with linux I downloaded Linux mint and put it on a disc gave it to them and they installed it fine I got a external disc drive in the post and I wanted to try ubuntu So I installed that fine Here is where I should of stopped I then thought it would be good to put XP and dual boot I created a partition for it and then tried to install it from the disc everything was ok untill I rebooted it to finish the instalation It then said some files were missing and couldn t complete the instalation When I rebooted after that it wouldn t do anything I thought it was ok I would just wipe the hard drive using dban I installed XP on one off the SSDs gb so I could wipe it if it went wrong and still have the gb SSD with linux on Now it the setup part to choose what drive to boot from I have the cd drive first then i want to put the gb SSD with linux on it but it won t let me choose it as in it is not on the list I have tried reinstalling linux and i get right up to the part when it installs the bootloader the it says fatal error and so on I can select the gb from linux installer but not from the boot squence menu I am going to bed now and I probably can t reply untill tommorow afternoon Any suggestions would be great P S I know that torrenting is against the rules but i can t turn back time Thanks nbsp

A:Netbook fails to instail Linux. Tried EVERYTHING!!!!!

In my experience, a Windows bootloader won't see linux , but a linux bootloader will see & give you the option to boot into windows

Also XP doesn't normally recognize a SSD as a boot device without either a bios update or a special driver.

see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Solid_State_Drives

& scroll down to
Warning: If you plan to dual boot with Windows (XP, Vista or 7) do NOT use GPT since they do NOT support booting from a GPT disk in BIOS systems! You will need to use the depreciated MBR method described below for dual-boot in BIOS systems! This limitation does not apply if you boot in UEFI mode and using Windows Vista (64bits) or 7 (64bits). For 32-bit Windows Vista and 7, and 32 and 64-bit Windows XP, you need to use MBR partitioning and boot in BIOS mode only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netbook-fails-to-instail-linux-tried-everything.1031557/
Relevancy 55.04%

Laptop Dell Inspiron RSE rdGEn i QM CPU DDR x GB RAM Windows Boot, Fails to To Install Fails MHz nVidia DVision Enabled -inch screen running on GB GDDR nVidia M GT D enabled with NO optimus SATA Mode AHCI Hard Disks GB mSATA boot drive Only windows core files Windows Fails To Boot, Fails to Install and programs installed on it TB Toshiba rpm for Windows Fails To Boot, Fails to Install Programs and Games TB Toshiba rpm for Movies songs etc This laptop had Windows installed in it with Intel Rapid Storage technology enabled Few months ago I changed the SATA mode to AHCI and installed windows on GB mSATA drive I kept the C drive only for windows and didn't install anything else on it I created an MKLINK for some folders such as Common Files Adobe and Appdata Adobe so that heavy applications won't eat space on the little drive It was working fine for about - months till one day the Windows simply failed to boot It was stuck on the Starting Windows screen forever I searched on the sevenforums website and tried a lot of things such as cleaning the RAM disabling startup programs and services etc But it didn't help neither did sfc scannow nor windows repair using installation disc I could boot in safe mode but not normal mode So I decided to reinstall Win from DVD that came with dell But the installation was stuck at final step of install after first reboot Again i tried several tricks described in forums like checking for Legacy Boot in BIOS making sure SATA is in AHCI unplugging all USB drives as well as other two Hard Drives and running laptop on single RAM chip Nothing helped I even tried installing Win from USB stick but results were same Then I decided to try Win Pro I created a bootable USB from ISO and tried installing Win But again after the first reboot it was stuck at Getting Devices Ready sometimes at sometimes even before the Getting Devices Ready msg appeared Here is what I have already tried Booting from DVD USB bothCleaning the SSD for install using Diskpart before beginning the install Unplugging all USB devices removing bootable USB DVD at first reboot as well during the -second timer before auto-restart Removing both HDDs keeping only mSATA SSD inside to install Sometimes I had to put in primary HDD coz removing both HDD resulted in failure of detection of any Hard Disks Keeping only one RAM chip insideUpdating BIOS by downloading from Dell website and flashing with bootable FreeDos USBTrying both AHCI and ATA modes of SATA operation choosing Intel RST mode was unusable coz in that mode no drives were detected and it asked to Load Drivers I even tried downloading SATA drivers firmware drivers etc from Dell and Toshiba sites but they didnt work Trying both Legacy and UEFI boot modesCleaning RAM chips and putting them back inInstalling windows on one of the HDD instead of SSDSimply waiting for hours straight And here is what I already tried during windows install Disabling all unknown and yellow-icon devices by booting in safe mode at first reboot Uninstalling all unknown and yellow-icon devices at first rebootopening explorer exe using cmd window when installation was stuck at final step Doing so caused in occurrence of a box displaying some actions such updating destop or somethin which disappeared after sometime but results were same again Waiting for hours Doing so got me past the final step of install and windows rebooted for second time But it was again stuck at quot preparing computer for first use quot I checked that everything shows up fine in BIOS HDDs ODD RAM CPU etc and they do I also ran Dell Pre-Boot Diagnostics to check for any hardware malfunction But everything works just fine Is there anything i have not tried I think that the problem which caused the boot failure of my Windows in first place is the same one causing installation failures of other OSes too But what it is I do not know

A:Windows Fails To Boot, Fails to Install

Your post is quite interesting but too much for me to absorb at one sitting. With that said I will voice a single concern and then ask a follow-up question:

My concern is this:

I changed the SATA mode to AHCI and installed windows 7 on 32GB mSATA drive

Above seems too small for extended growth.

Now, are you trying to do a clean install or reinstall? If that latter, could there be an issue related to the above (eg, not enough room)? I apologize for not try to absorb everything you stated; however, I made it all the way through high school using Cliff's Notes and I never had to read a single book! Guess I'm just lazy...

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/32811-windows-fails-boot-fails-install.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone First time poster long time listener I work IT for a moderately-sized business and I just did a clean install on one of the user laptops that isn't 7 Convenience Roll-up fails... Windows fails and in rotation at the moment I clean installed Windows Professional -bit Nothing has been installed on this PC besides CCleaner which I ran a few times and then uninstalled It is currently updated to Service Pack Windows 7 Convenience Roll-up fails and fails... The computer Windows 7 Convenience Roll-up fails and fails... is an HP ProBook s Now onto the meat of the issue I attempted to run the Windows Convenience Roll-up to save time on updates but I'm having quite a few issues and some catch- s -The net framework that comes in the roll-up installs fine no issues -The actual updates- quot june rollup quot quot servicestack quot and quot wmf quot all pull up the quot Windows Standalone Installer quot dialogue box but that's it Once it reaches that box it just looks like it's quot installing updates quot forever I had it sit overnight last night and when I came into the office today nothing Still in the same exact place Troubleshooting attempted Questions answered - No AV is on the Windows 7 Convenience Roll-up fails and fails... system I just did a clean install - I am the administrator on the device - I attempted to update Internet Explorer some support articles mentioned that but I run into the catch- of quot update it through Windows Update quot which isn't working just searches forever or to run the download straight from Microsoft's site which then tells me to update the OS first which I can't do Ha Ha Ha - Attempted to start and stop the windows update service - Attempted to re-register some DLLs but got permission errors even though I am the admin I've done other things but I haven't kept track very well and I am so frustrated with it at this point I'm willing to try things I've tried before I am just so over this issue Thanks in advance for any help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398993-windows-7-convenience-roll-up-fails-fails.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi folks

I know a load of you have things line NAS servers etc on Linux boxes -- and running them headless is the usual way.

It's simple though to control them from your Windows computers --works fine in W10 too.

1) On the Linux side install XRDP (usually comes in your package manager) and start the XDRP service. You need the X-Server on your Linux box and chkconfig --levels 5 xrdp on.

2) Now on your Windows box simply use RDP as you would to any other windows box -- just enter the IP address or the Host name.

3) you've now got your Linux server desktop on your Windows box and can control it from there.

Cheers
jimbo

A:RDP to Linux servers from Windows no Windows estra software needed

From Part Six of RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40704-rdp-linux-servers-windows-no-windows-estra-software-needed.html
Relevancy 53.75%

First of all I would like to say thank you for allowing me to join the forum Back in when I 7 adding and Windows Linux then dual Windows booting 8 was medically retired from the British Army after sustaining a spinal injury on Operational Tour I retrained myself in computers My OS of choice back then was MS Windows however after Windows XP I moved to OSX About two years ago I knew I needed to get back involved with Windows and bought my Lenovo Laptop running Windows Home Premium I then installed Windows Consumer Preview on a different partition and upgraded to Windows Pro when it became available I am now looking to install a distro of Linux and can't seem to find any information of doing so I don't know which Windows partition it would be best to install it on or Also I understand that Ubuntu have a Windows Installer wubi but I Windows 7 and Windows 8 dual booting then adding Linux have heard horror stories after the installation My main fear is losing Windows or and if the entire process is too risky I'll just leave Windows 7 and Windows 8 dual booting then adding Linux it altogether So I guess my question is has anyone installed a Linux distro on a PC which originally came pre installed with Windows and then added Windows to a partition if so can you help me out I apologise if this question offends anyone who may think I should have posted this on a Linux forum I just thought I would get a more concise answer from the Windows Forums thank you all so much for your help and time in advance

A:Windows 7 and Windows 8 dual booting then adding Linux

It would be best to install your Linux distro on another HD with the WIndows OS HD unplugged. You can even run Linux from a boot CD or flash stick.

If you decide you want to try multi-booting it with Windows I'd back up a Win7 backup image of your Windows installations first so you have a path back to where you are now.

I'd also look over this tutorial written by one of our top members here: Dual Boot - Windows 7 and Linux - Windows 7 Forums.

You can discuss this further with the tutorial's author in its comments section or ask him there to chip in to discussion here. You'll get help that like him is Golden.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/277130-windows-7-windows-8-dual-booting-then-adding-linux.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello TenForums I run Linux Mint on one SSD and Windows on another Linux Mint SSD is on SATA Windows SSD is on SATA GB empty drive on SATA I upgraded Windows to Windows and after getting it all set up and pretty I decided to reboot and use Linux for the rest of the night Well with my Windows Drive Connected I tried booting into Linux but received the error quot Cannot mount drive mnt sdb quot So I booted back into Windows and everything Windows-wise was cool Here comes my screw up Fast forward to today roughly days later I tried fixing my Linux Partition by unplugging the Windows Drive since that would be the sdb drive and received the error quot The Disk Drive for UUID amp lt Drive Name Here gt is not ready yet or not present quot Using a LiveUSB I tried mounting and using chroot to try and fix grub but to no avail I also tried reinstalling Linux Mint while keeping my home partition but with no success either So I decided to install another SSD that I wanted to add for games amp amp misc files since it was bigger I Windows 10. 10 Windows Installed Linux Mint. Now can't or boot So I opened up my computer reorganized a bit and put all of the SSDs in in the config at the start Installed Windows 10. Now I can't boot Windows 10 or Linux Mint. of my post and connected all the power SATA cables I had previously read that Windows gets really pissy if you make any changes to hardware Well here comes the confusing part When only the Linux drive is connected I get the quot Disk Drive UUID quot error When booting into Linux with the Linux Drive amp amp Windows Drive Connected I get the quot Cannot mount Drive mnt sdb quot error When Booting into Windows WITHOUT the Linux Drive Connected I get the BSOD error quot A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed xc quot When booting into Windows WITH the Linux Drive connected Windows works just fine My hypothesis Windows always wants to be first When I upgraded to Windows since my Linux Drive was in the st SATA slot I think it bound the Windows Boot Manager amp amp other Windows start up necessities to it as well By doing this it changed the UUID of my or boot partition so grub doesn't know where to look when booting My concern is that I'm not sure how to separate these and to get them both to work I was saving up for a backup drive so I don't have any backups luckily this is for games I'm only worried about some read-only files on my Linux Drive I do not have any physical media for Windows and would rather create a VM and attempt GPU passthrough than install Windows SP from scratch and do all those damned updates I'd prefer not to have to reinstall any OS but I'll do it if we cannot find a solution to these two problems Please ask my any questions you may have and I'll try to get back to you ASAP I have finals for school tomorrow so this is really just a massive inconvenience Thankfully all my school work is on a laptop or synced to Dropbox Thanks I don't find it necessary but to save anyone the trouble of asking here are my parts CPU Intel i - k GPU Gigagyte WindForce GTX RAM GB G Skill x GB MOBO MSI Z S SLI Krait Edition PSU Seasonic G-Series W SSD x Samsung EVO GB x Samsung EVO GB

A:Installed Windows 10. Now I can't boot Windows 10 or Linux Mint.

With the configuration that you can boot Windows 10 from, we need a full screenshot of disk management with the columns expanded so we can see all the information in them:
Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/51181-installed-windows-10-now-i-cant-boot-windows-10-linux-mint.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Just for FAT32 out of problem windows!!HELP locked Windows/Linux the record I m a Mac user and for these kinds of reasons SO if anyone DOES decide to help me could you make your explanation VERY vivid seeing as I am VERY bad with windows Thanks So a friend gave us Windows/Linux FAT32 problem locked out of windows!!HELP an IBM Thinkpad with windows installed This gave me the opportunity to use the Suse Linux we had lying around I partitioned the drive so both windows and linux could work on the same computer using the quot easy installation quot process All was well until one day out of the clear blue I was rstarting Windows and an error message popped up Checking system C the file is FAT Windows is Windows/Linux FAT32 problem locked out of windows!!HELP checking for consistency quot some random numbers such as serial number quot bootex log not a valid allocation windows will try truncating it quot the checking finishes and i proceed with starting up windows but then as soon as I get into the desktop I get the blue screen it only pops up for a few seconds so i dont have the chance to copy it all down but it says Windows/Linux FAT32 problem locked out of windows!!HELP something about quot ntoskrnl exe quot and Dumping Physical Memory then it reboots and either does the same thing or goes into my suse linux So what can I do to stop this I ll do anything even if it means deleting Linux which i cant figure out either Oh and by the way the WINDOWS start-up cd never starts up when i retsrt my computer even when i choose to boot from CD-ROM in BIOS setup it still ignores the CD PLEASE help me thank you jon nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-linux-fat32-problem-locked-out-of-windows-help.40956/
Relevancy 53.75%

How do I access the file on an external USB hard-drive recorded with a, now defunct, Humax HD Fox T2 set-top box?

Please note this is a HD Fox T2 not a HDR Fox T2.

A:Reading a non-Windows (Linux?) hard-drive with Windows 8.1

I don't own the box but most of those are using either EXT2 or EXT3 format and this is what I use with my DLINK-323 NAS to copy/transfer/delete/format etc... it is much faster than going thru the router. If this is true then download:
Download Ext2 File System Driver for Windows from SourceForge.net
With the HD connected to your PC. Install the software then run it. You'll see a screens as shown below, Note that Drive L is in Ext3 format (initially no letter assigned) containing Linux Mint. Double click on it, you'll get the next screen that allows you to assign a Letter then click Apply. You can now open as a Windows Drive in File Explorer, use drag and drop, format/copy/delete files as you usually do with Windows Drive.

Hope this helps !!!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66596-reading-non-windows-linux-hard-drive-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone I have a external Harddisc with gb capacity linux and Windows 7&8 External XP but accesed HD not by can windows Its nearly full External HD not accesed by Windows 7&8 but windows XP and linux can of my old files photos videos etc I tried to use that hard drive with smart television unit with usb cable Something happened and television did not read the drive and freeze I had to close the tv and remove the hard drive After that my harddisc can not be accesed under windows It's seen as quot Iomega-Smartdisk mirror K As you can see It has a drive name as K BUT windows can not access it When I try to open it says drive is not accesible Its strange that I can reach it if I try to use windows's drive check tool It gives no problem at all I can even defrag the drive with windows I tried some third party partition utilities like EASEUS minitool etc Those utilities can also identify the partition and show the files but can not heal the partition I tried to attach the drive with usb cable to windows and system computers but it gives the same I boot the PC with hiren's boot Strange but under the linux enviroment the disc is accesible without any problem Also there's a virtual XP on the hiren's boot CD If I boot from that also the disc is accesible I can copy all the files to another disc and format it but right now I don't have a spare hard disk So to summarize the question How come windows XP and linus can read a external hard disc but not windows and Is there a solution for that

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382009-external-hd-not-accesed-windows-7-8-but-windows-xp-linux-can.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Allright well what happened was i was trying to install linux on a usb drive so i could easly have a portible computer in my pocket but when i ran the linux for the first time meaning the portible usb worked it reformatted my windows 7 ultimate and ALL the data i had on it i do need this data but i can deal without it all i need is to format my computer back to windows 7 ultimate.

i do not own the install disk for windows 7 ultimate and i really cant afford buying another which is why i came here

Thanks for reading my forum topic and if you can please help me.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there For several years a Linux program called WINE has been available -- this basically attempts to install Windows programs on a quot pseudo quot quot C quot WITHOUT Running Windows Linux !! on Windows Programs drive and execute them without needing Windows itself The early versions were a bit quot random quot as to whether your program would work but the latest Running Windows Programs on Linux WITHOUT Windows !! version really is quite good -- even to the extent of running OFFICE Don't expect it though to run specialized games Running Windows Programs on Linux WITHOUT Windows !! etc yet though -- it's more intended for programs you like on Windows but want to keep on a Linux system - Testing these on a Linux VM is a great idea IMO Quite a few games etc now work including STEAM I think too I've got a music server streaming app server and client that was designed for windows -- now although the SERVER works natively on Linux too I Running Windows Programs on Linux WITHOUT Windows !! could never get the CLIENT to work on a remote Windows machine Now with WINE client works perfectly -- Strangely enough the Linux server could always use my Android mobile as a Client though Just tested Office bit version -- So far everything including some quite complex macros -- use the LATEST release of Wine though My Windows boxes I think will soon be living on quot Borrowed time quot -- Office was a Big Windows one for me Now only really SAPGUI and Adobe photoshop CS - then I'll simply keep W as backup archive just in case I need it again So if you are tinkering around with Linux I suggest you have a look at WINE -- you might be surprised at how good its becoming WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux BSD Solaris and Mac OS X Cheers jimbo

A:Running Windows Programs on Linux WITHOUT Windows !!

They say anything you can do with Photoshop you can do with Gimp. I've only played around with Gimp a bit. And several years ago at that. I'm just curious if you considering switching. I know the way things are done is different than Windows graphics programs. Is the learning curve that steep? Or are there other considerations?

I'm just nosy.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/45711-running-windows-programs-linux-without-windows.html